时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Oh, my god, it’s happened! | 上帝啊 这一天还是来了 |
[00:06] | They found Tupac! | 图帕克的遗体被发现了! |
[00:08] | No, eddie, you’re…shaving. | 不是 埃迪 是你在刮胡子 |
[00:10] | Oh. yeah. | 啊 没错 |
[00:11] | Some girls at school started calling me “cheech,” | 学校里有的女生开始叫我”大胡子”了 |
[00:13] | So I figured it was time to — | 所以我觉得是时候 |
[00:14] | “yours is the earth and everything that’s in it. | “你可以拥有一个世界 这个世界的一切都是你的 |
[00:17] | And, which is more, you’ll be a man, my son.” | 更重要的是 孩子 你要变成顶天立地的男人了” |
[00:21] | Rudyard kipling. | 拉迪亚德·吉卜林的诗 |
[00:23] | – Dad, what are you — -shh. i’m hugging you. | – 爸 你在做什… – 嘘 我正拥抱你呢 |
[00:27] | Why? | 为啥? |
[00:28] | Because today is the day | 因为今天是个重要的日子 |
[00:30] | You stop being a boy and start being a man. | 你终于从一个男孩变成真正的男人了 |
[00:33] | Take a lip. | 坐下说 |
[00:36] | When your mom and I found out we were having a baby boy, | 在我和你妈妈发现我们怀的是个男孩时 |
[00:39] | You know the first thing I did? | 你知道我做的第一件事是什么吗? |
[00:40] | Cried in the car listening to james taylor. | 在车里听着詹姆斯·泰勒一边掉眼泪 |
[00:42] | Mom already told me. | 妈妈已经跟我说过了 |
[00:43] | No, I drove to the drugstore and bought two things — | 不是 我开车去药店买了两样东西 |
[00:46] | A roll of celebratory mentos for myself | 给我自己买了一包曼妥思薄荷糖 用来庆祝 |
[00:49] | And a gillette atra plus for you. | 还有一把吉列加大号旋转剃须刀 给你的 |
[00:52] | Eddie, i’ve kept that razor in my closet for 14 years | 埃迪 那把剃须刀我已经在衣柜里保管了十四年了 |
[00:55] | Waiting for the day you would need to use it. | 就在等你要用它的那天 |
[00:57] | Today is that day! | 现在这一天终于来了! |
[00:59] | Wow, dad, I guess this is a big moment for me. | 爸 看来这是我人生里的重要瞬间啊 |
[01:02] | I’m glad you’re here for it. | 你能和我一起见证真是太好了 |
[01:04] | Me, too. | 我也是哦 |
[01:05] | I’ll go get your atra. | 我这就去拿你的旋转剃须刀 |
[01:07] | And, uh, let’s put this where it belongs. | 让这个垃圾从哪来回哪去 |
[01:16] | Nah. he’s so happy. | 才不要 看他多开心 |
[01:19] | I’m gonna let him have this. | 就让他享受这一刻吧 |
[01:43] | spectacular. | 太精彩了 |
[01:45] | And at the end of the first night | 在女子花样滑冰比赛第一晚 |
[01:46] | Of the women’s figure skating event, | 即将结束的时候 |
[01:48] | It’s michelle kwan first, tara lipinski second. | 我们看到关颖珊选手排名第一 塔拉·利平斯基排名第二 |
[01:52] | Ohh, yes! yes! yes! | 太棒了! |
[01:53] | See, boys, it’s just like i’m always telling you — | 看 孩子们 就和我一直教育你们的一样 |
[01:56] | If you work hard, sacrifice everything, | 如果你认真刻苦 牺牲一切 |
[01:59] | And look good in a tight bun, you can’t lose. | 连扎那么紧的揪揪辫子都好看 你不可能输的 |
[02:01] | Michelle kwan is the proof. | 关颖珊就是最好的证明 |
[02:05] | Really, mom? lipinski? | 真的吗 妈? 你支持利平斯基? |
[02:14] | Tara lipinski is too busy flirting with boys | 塔拉·利平斯基净忙着撩汉 |
[02:17] | And wiping tater-tot grease on her leotard. | 还有往她的紧身衣上抹润滑油了 |
[02:19] | I mean, look at her face. | 你们看她的脸 |
[02:20] | Does that look like the face of a winner to you? | 看着像个冠军的样子吗? |
[02:25] | No. | 不像啊 |
[02:26] | Mommy’s right. | 妈妈说的对 |
[02:26] | Lipinski lacks the self-discipline | 利平斯基缺少自我管理 |
[02:28] | That’s made michelle kwan a champion. | 所以关颖珊就拿了冠军 |
[02:30] | The gold is as good as hers. | 金牌非她莫属啊 |
[02:32] | Can we skip school tomorrow and watch her win in real time? | 我们明天能翘课看她的夺冠直播吗? |
[02:34] | No skipping school! | 不许翘课! |
[02:36] | But i’ll tape it, and you can watch it when you get home. | 但是我会录像 你们回家以后就能看了 |
[02:39] | Now it’s bedtime. | 现在该上床睡觉了 |
[02:40] | You need to get your rest so you can grow up | 你们需要好好休息 |
[02:42] | To be small and poised like michelle kwan. | 才能变得像关颖珊那样小巧又沉着 |
[02:45] | I heard she gets nine hours a night. | 我听说她每晚睡九个小时 |
[02:47] | If we hurry, we can make it! | 动作快点现在还来得及! |
[02:49] | And after the Eleven o’clock News, | 十一点新闻过后 |
[02:51] | It’s “the late show with david letterman”! | 即将播出的是”大卫牙擦骚” |
[02:53] | Ha! all right! | 哈哈 终于要开始了 |
[02:54] | Ohh, pass. | 我可就算了 |
[02:56] | Louis, you can stay up and watch that old man | 路易斯 你就接着看那个老头还有弹钢琴的小鬼头吧 |
[02:58] | And his piano gremlin, but i’m going to bed. | 我是要去睡觉了 |
[03:01] | You, too, eddie. bedtime. | 你也是 埃迪 该睡觉了 |
[03:02] | Tonight dave welcomes supermodel cindy crawford. | 今晚大卫邀请到嘉宾 超模辛迪·克劳馥 |
[03:06] | – ooh! – ooh! | – 哇哦 – 吼吼 |
[03:10] | Good night, dad. | 晚安 爸 |
[03:12] | Uh, wait. | 别走 |
[03:13] | Why don’t you stay up and watch with me tonight? | 今天晚上不能跟我一起看会节目吗? |
[03:16] | But my bedtime is 10:45. | 但是十点四十五是我的宵禁时间 |
[03:18] | Well, you’re shaving. you’re a man now. | 你都开始刮胡子了 你现在是个男人了 |
[03:21] | Maybe it’s time you had a man’s bedtime. | 你也该享受男人的宵禁了 |
[03:23] | From now on, you can stay up for | 从现在开始 你可以看完”牙擦骚”的第一个嘉宾 |
[03:24] | the first guess on the “letterman” until 11:45. | 十一点四十五再睡 |
[03:27] | I think you’ve earned a little independence. | 你刚获得了一点独立权 |
[03:29] | Whoa! are you serious? | 哇哦 你认真的吗? |
[03:31] | Men are always serious. | 男人的每一刻都是认真的 |
[03:33] | being a man is awesome. | 成为男人可是太爽了 |
[03:36] | Do you think dave will ask cindy crawford about her mole? | 你觉得大卫会问到辛迪·克劳馥的痣吗? |
[03:38] | He might, son. he just might. | 很有可能 儿子 真的有可能 |
[03:40] | And then “letterman” asked cindy crawford about her mole. | 然后”牙擦骚”就问了辛迪·克劳馥的痣 |
[03:43] | Whoa! | 哇! |
[03:45] | I can’t believe your dad let you stay up to 11:45. | 简直难以相信你爸爸真的同意你玩到十一点四十五 |
[03:47] | I wonder when my dad goes to sleep… | 我很好奇我爸爸是几点睡的 |
[03:50] | Or where. | 或者说 是在哪睡的 |
[03:51] | My dad makes me go to bed halfway through | “德州巡警”刚演到一半 |
[03:52] | “walker, texas ranger.” | 我爸就催我去睡觉 |
[03:54] | And that’s on a saturday! | 那还是礼拜六呢! |
[03:55] | So you never find out if walker catches the bad guy? | 所以你从来不知道沃克巡警抓没抓到坏人? |
[03:58] | It’s walker, brian! he catches the bad guy! | 那是沃克巡警 布莱恩! 他永远能抓到坏人! |
[04:05] | Finally. | 终于 |
[04:06] | I have been waiting for someone else | 我独自等待另一个晚睡的伙伴 |
[04:08] | To have a late bedtime forever. | 等到花儿都谢了 |
[04:10] | – What’s your bedtime? -Don’t have one. | – 你的宵禁是几点? – 我没宵禁的 |
[04:11] | My mom works the night shift at the cheesecake factory, | 我妈妈在芝士蛋糕工厂上夜班 |
[04:14] | So I just go to bed whenever I feel like it. | 所以我爱几点睡就几点睡 |
[04:16] | Also, if somebody sends their cheesecake back, | 还有 如果有人把芝士蛋糕退回来 |
[04:18] | My mom brings it home, and we eat it for breakfast. | 我妈就带回家 然后我们当早饭吃 |
[04:21] | Cool! | 好酷! |
[04:22] | So, what do you do all night? | 那你一整宿都干嘛呢? |
[04:24] | I ride my bike around the outdoor mall | 我在户外商场周围骑车兜圈 |
[04:27] | And eat the stale doughnuts | 捡多乐星关门时候扔的 |
[04:28] | Donut king throws away at closing. | 过期的甜甜圈吃 |
[04:29] | Hold up. you’re telling me i’ve been sleeping through | 等会 你意思是 我这么长时间 |
[04:31] | Free doughnuts this whole time?! | 一直因为睡觉 错过了免费的甜甜圈? |
[04:32] | Doughnuts, bagels. | 甜甜圈 硬面包圈 |
[04:34] | Sometimes you just get a whole vat of glaze. | 有时候还能捡到一大桶蛋汁 |
[04:39] | In a stunning upset, | 赛事爆了超级大冷门 |
[04:41] | Tara lipinski leaps over michelle kwan to win the gold! | 塔拉·利平斯基超过关颖珊 夺得了金牌! |
[04:46] | Michelle kwan…lost. | 关颖珊 输了 |
[04:54] | How could this happen? | 怎么可能呢? |
[04:56] | She was supposed to win! | 她就应该是冠军的命啊! |
[04:58] | How could she not win?! | 她怎么会没拿冠军呢? |
[05:00] | She did everything right! | 她的每件事都完成得很好啊! |
[05:10] | Evan and emery believe in michelle kwan the winner. | 埃文和埃默里相信关颖珊会夺冠的 |
[05:13] | If they find out that they can work that hard | 如果他们发现 自己那么努力却还是第二 |
[05:15] | And still come in second, they’ll never work hard again. | 就不会再刻苦认真了 |
[05:20] | You know, that’s a really good idea. | 你的提议真的不错 |
[05:22] | I do control what they watch. | 我确实在控制他们看的内容 |
[05:24] | So if I don’t want them to know, then they won’t know. | 所以如果我不想让他们知道 那他们就永远不会知道 |
[05:30] | We’re ready to watch the — | 我们准备要看… |
[05:35] | What happened to the tape? | 录像带怎么了? |
[05:36] | Technical difficulties. | 出现了技术难题 |
[05:37] | A mouse was living inside the vcr | 录像机里住着一只老鼠 |
[05:39] | And it ate the tape and then it died. | 老鼠把录像带吃了然后死了 |
[05:41] | Was it a boy mouse or a girl mouse? | 那是只男老鼠还是女老鼠? |
[05:43] | Who cares?! how did michelle do? | 谁还管那个! 颖珊表现得怎么样? |
[05:48] | She won! | 她赢了! |
[05:50] | – yes! – yes! | – 太好了! – 太好了! |
[05:51] | Whoo! she did it! | 哇哦! 她做到了! |
[05:52] | – I knew she could! -Whoo! | – 我就知道她可以的! – 哦吼! |
[05:55] | Hey, eddie. | 埃迪 |
[05:56] | Which popcorn do you want for “letterman”? | 你看”牙擦骚”的时候想吃什么味的爆米花? |
[05:58] | Butter or movie theater butter? | 黄油味 还是 影院特别版黄油味? |
[06:03] | Eddie? | 埃迪? |
[06:04] | Okay, top 10 reasons you should answer your father. | 现在开始播报 你应该接你爸爸话的十个理由 |
[06:07] | Number 10… | 第十个 |
[06:27] | where were you? | 你去哪了? |
[06:28] | Oh, out with Dave. | 跟戴夫出去来着 |
[06:29] | On a school night? are you crazy? | 第二天还得上学呢? 你疯了? |
[06:32] | What were the two of you doing? | 你俩干啥来着? |
[06:33] | Nothing. just hanging out. | 没什么 就出去逛逛 |
[06:37] | Oh, she’s gorgeous. | 她真的太美了 |
[06:39] | Where do you think she’s getting ready to go? | 你觉得她梳妆打扮准备去哪? |
[06:41] | Dancing, probably. | 可能去跳舞吧 |
[06:42] | Classic girls like that are always going dancing. | 那种经典高级女孩经常去跳舞的 |
[06:45] | I wish I had a girl like that. | 我希望我也能拥有个那种女孩 |
[06:47] | That’s not a girl. | 那可不是女孩了 |
[06:49] | That’s a woman. | 那是女人 |
[06:51] | “just hanging out”? | 就出去逛逛? |
[06:53] | It’s almost midnight. | 这都快午夜了 |
[06:54] | Wow I guess my bedtime is 11:45. | 我的宵禁时间不是十一点四十五吗 |
[06:57] | It’s 11:40. I still have five minutes. | 现在四十 我还剩五分钟呢 |
[06:58] | No, I said you could stay up | 不 我是说你可以晚点睡 |
[06:59] | To watch the first guest on “letterman,” | 看完”牙擦骚”的第一个嘉宾 |
[07:01] | Not run around the streets | 可不是答应你在大街上闲逛 |
[07:02] | Doing god knows what with your friends. | 跟你的朋友干点天知道的鬼事 |
[07:04] | But you said i’d earned a little independence. | 但是你说过我现在有了一点独立权了啊 |
[07:06] | This is not what I meant. | 但我不是这个意思 |
[07:08] | Well, I hope whatever you were doing was worth it | 反正希望你刚做的事足够有价值吧 |
[07:10] | Because you missed Dave interviewing Andie Macdowell. | 因为你刚刚错过了大卫采访安迪·麦克道尔 |
[07:13] | So? I’ll just watch it tomorrow. | 所以呢? 我明天看就得了 |
[07:15] | Andie Macdowell is not going to be on tomorrow. | 安迪·麦道威尔明天不上啊 |
[07:17] | I don’t care about Andie Macdowell! | 我并不在乎安迪·麦道威尔 |
[07:23] | Clearly we’re both tired and saying things we don’t mean. | 我们今晚都累糊涂了 说瞎话呢 |
[07:26] | Let’s just go to bed, | 先去睡吧 |
[07:27] | And we’ll talk about this in the morning. | 明早再说 |
[07:29] | No! | 不 |
[07:30] | We will not talk about this in the morning | 我明早也不会跟你谈的 |
[07:32] | Because I didn’t do anything wrong! | 我又没做错事 |
[07:34] | You can’t talk to me like that. | 你怎么能用这种态度跟我讲话 |
[07:35] | Why not? You said I’m a man, remember? | 为啥不能? 你不是说我已经是个男人了吗 |
[07:38] | Maybe it’s time you started treating me like one. | 你应该像对待男人那样对我 |
[07:45] | Oh, this is interesting. | 哦 关颖珊还组过乐队呢 |
[07:46] | Michelle kwan tried to start a band. | 真有趣 |
[07:48] | Third eye kwan? | 第三眼关乐队吗? |
[07:49] | That’s in this book, too. | 这本书也有写 |
[07:50] | She’s so talented. | 她真是天赋异禀啊 |
[07:52] | I just wish the TV and the VCR weren’t broken | 要是录像带没坏就好了 |
[07:54] | So we could watch a replay of her winning. | 我们就能看她怎么赢的了 |
[07:56] | I can’t believe we still haven’t seen it. | 真不敢相信我们没看过 |
[07:58] | It’s also unfortunate that all the newspapers on the street | 街上的报纸都被报纸小偷偷了 |
[08:00] | Have been stolen by a news thief. | 真是遗憾啊 |
[08:03] | USA! USA! | 美国队! 加油! |
[08:06] | Can you guys believe she won gold?! | 她居然赢了金牌 真是难以置信啊 |
[08:09] | It’s exciting, right? | 真是太让人激动了 |
[08:10] | I know. Michelle kwan’s our hero. | 我懂得 关颖珊真是咱的英雄啊 |
[08:12] | Michelle kwan? No. | 关颖珊没赢啊 |
[08:14] | Tara lipinski won gold. | 是塔拉·利平斯基赢了呀 |
[08:15] | Michelle kwan came in second. | 关颖珊是亚军 |
[08:17] | That’s why they’re doing a special | 所以商场 |
[08:18] | On lipinski cuts at the mall. | 剪塔拉发型都在搞活动呢 |
[08:21] | No, Honey. Michelle kwan won. right, mom? | 不是啊 蜜儿 关颖珊赢了啊 是吧 妈妈 |
[08:26] | Boys… | 孩儿们… |
[08:28] | …the truth is… | 事实是… |
[08:30] | Michelle kwan didn’t win. | 关颖珊没赢 |
[08:33] | Because that wasn’t the real Michelle kwan! | 因为比赛的那个关颖珊是假的 |
[08:36] | …what? | 哈? |
[08:37] | The real michelle kwan has been replaced by an imposter! | 真正的关颖珊被假的顶替了 |
[08:41] | – What? – Think about it. | – 啥? – 仔细想想 |
[08:42] | She trains hard her whole life. | 她一辈子都在刻苦训练 |
[08:44] | She wins the World Championships. | 连世锦赛都赢了 |
[08:47] | Then she goes to the Olympics and comes in second place? | 奥运会却只拿了银牌? |
[08:49] | It doesn’t add up. | 根本不可能的好吧 |
[08:50] | Has “lipinski” written all over it. | 让利平斯基改写了一切 |
[08:53] | The point is the fake kwan lost. | 只能是假的关颖珊输了 |
[08:55] | The real kwan will always be the best. | 真的关颖珊永远都是最好的 |
[08:57] | Let’s never speak of this again. | 以后别再提这件事了 |
[09:01] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[09:03] | A fake michelle kwan. | 居然是假的关颖珊 |
[09:04] | – What do we do? – What would michelle do? | – 咱们该咋办呢? – 想想关颖珊会怎么做? |
[09:06] | Use her focus and determination to get to the bottom of it? | 她会竭尽全力调查清楚 |
[09:09] | Then we will, too. | 那我们也该这样做 |
[09:10] | We’ll be like woodward and bernstein. | 就像水门事件中的伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦一样 |
[09:12] | Or Chip ‘n Dale! | 或是米老鼠里的奇奇和蒂蒂一样 |
[09:14] | Do you think jessica’s coming back? | 你们觉得杰西卡还会回来吗? |
[09:18] | He missed Andie Macdowell, huh? | 他错过了安迪·麦道威尔吗? |
[09:20] | She’s a ruddy-cheeked delight. | 她可是个可人儿啊 |
[09:22] | And he wouldn’t apologize! | 而且他并没有道歉 |
[09:24] | I don’t know what’s gotten into him lately. | 我真的不知道他最近是怎么了 |
[09:26] | Sure, he and Jessica clash a lot, | 虽然他跟杰西卡总是吵架 |
[09:27] | But Eddie and I have always been pals. | 但是埃迪和我一直都是好兄弟啊 |
[09:30] | He’s never been so openly defiant to me before. | 他从来没有这样公然挑衅过我 |
[09:33] | How old’s the boy? 9? 10? | 他多少岁了? 九岁? 十岁? |
[09:35] | He’s 14, Marvin. | 十四岁啦 马文 |
[09:37] | Ah, 14. | 十四啦 |
[09:39] | Then that explains it. | 怪不得呢 |
[09:40] | It does? | 怎么呢? |
[09:41] | Classic male adolescent elephant power vacuum. | 青春期公象的典型表现啊 |
[09:44] | – Huh? – Follow me, lou. | – 啥? – 跟我来 路弟 |
[09:46] | There’s something you need to see. | 给你看点东西 |
[09:48] | Now we’re cooking with crisco! | 现在我们在用酥油做饭 |
[09:52] | Ah! I was stationed in africa, | 我那时候驻扎在非洲 |
[09:55] | Overseeing the construction of the railway | 是蒙巴萨岛到基苏木高速路 |
[09:57] | From mombasa to kisumu. | 的监工 |
[09:59] | The railway? | 那条高速? |
[10:01] | How old are you? | 你到底多大了啊 |
[10:02] | Old enough to know what you’re going through. | 总之老到知道你的事咋办就是了 |
[10:04] | Look. | 你看 |
[10:05] | Adolescent male elephants. | 青春期的公象 |
[10:07] | Now, see, when the herd lacks a strong older male presence, | 当象群里没有老的首领的时候 |
[10:11] | The young males become unruly and defiant, even violent. | 年轻的公象就会不听指挥 甚至暴力 |
[10:15] | See … see them shaking their heads and trumpeting? | 看 他们摇头晃鼻的样子 |
[10:17] | That means they’re angry. | 代表他们很生气 |
[10:18] | Why didn’t you run away? They could have trampled you. | 你怎么不跑啊 他们可能踩死你啊 |
[10:20] | Because running away is what they want, | 要是跑了就如了他们的愿 |
[10:22] | And it’s the worst thing you can do. | 那是最糟糕的 |
[10:24] | He’s so used to getting his own way | 他习惯了横行霸道 |
[10:27] | That when you show confidence and stand your own ground, | 所以当你表现的勇敢不畏缩的时候 |
[10:31] | He’s surprised. | 他就被吓到了 |
[10:32] | He’ll back down. | 他会退缩 |
[10:33] | Watch. | 看着吧 |
[10:37] | – Wow. it worked. – yeah! | – 哇哦 还真是呢 – 是的呀 |
[10:41] | And it’ll work for you and Eddie, too. | 你跟埃迪也一样 |
[10:43] | You’ve been too soft on that boy, Lou. | 你一直对他都太温和了 路弟 |
[10:46] | I don’t know. | 我不确定呢 |
[10:46] | My dad was extremely tough on me when I was Eddie’s age, | 我像埃迪这么大的时候我爸就对我很严厉 |
[10:49] | And our relationship never recovered. | 所以我跟他关系一直都不好 |
[10:51] | Eddie and I aren’t like that. We’re friends. | 我跟埃迪不一样 我们是朋友 |
[10:53] | Okay, so maybe your dad wasn’t your best friend, | 所以呢 你爸可能不是你最好的朋友 |
[10:55] | But look how you turned out. | 但是你不也好好长大了吗 |
[10:56] | You’re a very successful small-business owner | 你成功地成为了一个有家有室的 |
[10:59] | With your own home, great family. | 生意人 |
[11:00] | Fathers can’t be friends with their sons. | 想要儿子成为一个有责任的成年人 |
[11:03] | Not if they want them to grow up to be responsible adults. | 父亲就不能做儿子的朋友 |
[11:05] | So, what do I do? | 那我该怎么办呢? |
[11:08] | Well, you have to be the angry bull elephant. | 你得像一头愤怒的领头象一样 |
[11:10] | Only discipline can bring the herd back together. | 没有规矩不成方圆 |
[11:20] | What’s going on? | 干嘛 |
[11:23] | We did some research at the library | 我们在图书馆 |
[11:24] | On your kwan-impostor theory. | 研究了下你的关颖珊假冒者理论 |
[11:26] | Okay, look, I was just… | 好吧 我只是… |
[11:28] | And you were absolutely right! | 你的理论是对的! |
[11:29] | Emery, let’s bring her up to speed. | 埃默里 帮她补补课吧 |
[11:31] | Michelle kwan wins the 1998 world championships | 关颖珊是以15个完美六分 |
[11:35] | With 15 perfect 6.0s, | 拿下的98年世锦赛冠军 |
[11:37] | Leaving one judge in tears. | 甚至有个裁判都被感动哭了 |
[11:40] | She’s the favorite for the gold | 她是冬奥会 |
[11:41] | medal in the winter Olympics? | 最受瞩目的金牌得主 |
[11:42] | Then things start getting fishy. | 然后事情就变得蹊跷了 |
[11:44] | She arrives in Japan but processes through Tokyo | 其他运动员都是从大阪入境日本的 |
[11:47] | Instead of Osaka with all the other athletes. | 但她却是从东京入境的 |
[11:51] | Right, yeah. that’s … that’s weird. | 是啊 真是 真是有点怪 |
[11:53] | Nobody sees Michelle kwan at the olympic village | 没人在奥运村见过她 |
[11:56] | Because … get this … she’s staying “off site.” | 因为… 听好了 … 她没在那住 |
[12:00] | Next, she misses the opening ceremony. | 接着 她还缺席了开幕式 |
[12:03] | She works her whole life to get to the olympics | 她努力了一辈子就想要进奥运会 |
[12:05] | And then doesn’t go to the opening ceremony? | 却缺席了开幕式? |
[12:07] | It doesn’t add up. | 这不合理 |
[12:09] | No, it doesn’t, actually. | 事实上 还真不合理 |
[12:11] | The night before the event, nobody sees Michelle Kwan. | 赛前一晚 没人见过关颖珊 |
[12:14] | Where’s Tara Lipinski, on the other hand? | 那么塔拉·利平斯基在哪里呢? |
[12:16] | In bed getting a full eight hours? | 在床上睡够八个小时? |
[12:19] | With Wayne Gretzky and the canadian ice hokey team | 在和韦恩·格雷茨基和其他加拿大冰球队 |
[12:22] | eating ice cream! | 吃冰淇淋! |
[12:23] | Like she knew she couldn’t lose. | 就好像她知道自己稳赢一样 |
[12:27] | And Michelle Kwan was photographed at her hotel | 而且关颖珊在早上九点半 |
[12:30] | at 9:30 a.m., | 在宾馆被拍到了 |
[12:32] | 15 minutes before she was seen at the olympic arena — | 十五分钟后她就出现在奥林匹克赛场上 |
[12:35] | A distance of 34 miles. | 相距三十四英里呢 |
[12:37] | So? | 所以呢? |
[12:39] | So, I just drove from here | 所以 我刚从这里 |
[12:40] | To the sea world parking lot as fast as I could. | 以最快的速度开到海洋世界 |
[12:42] | It’s exactly 34 miles. | 恰好三十四公里 |
[12:44] | It took me way longer than 15 minutes, | 我花的时间可不只十五分钟 |
[12:47] | And I didn’t even stop for red lights. | 红灯我可都没停 |
[12:49] | Rearrange the letters in “tara lipinski,” | 把”塔拉·利平斯基”重新排序 |
[12:51] | And what do you get? | 结果是什么什么? |
[12:52] | Tarantula kiss! | 狼蛛接吻! |
[12:54] | Rink alias?! | 溜冰场? |
[12:56] | It’s like she’s daring us to catch her. | 就好像她挑战咱们抓她一样 |
[12:59] | Michelle kwan really was replaced by an imposter. | 关颖珊真的是被冒名顶替了 |
[13:02] | Unfortunately, it’s just a theory. | 不幸的是 这只是理论 |
[13:04] | Nobody knows for sure. | 没人知道确切的真相 |
[13:05] | Actually, I know someone who might. | 事实上 我认识有人可能知道 |
[13:08] | I used to do makeup for | 很多年以前 我给 |
[13:09] | The broadway on ice production of “cats” years ago, | 百老汇滑冰版的”猫”做化妆 |
[13:11] | And there is one figure skater who knows | 那里有一个滑冰者知道 |
[13:13] | Everything that goes on with everyone in that world. | 这个圈子里所有人的所有事情 |
[13:16] | If something fishy happened in nagano, | 如果在日本长野有蹊跷 |
[13:17] | She’ll know about it. | 她会知道的 |
[13:23] | Okey, so it’s 10:30 now. | 好吧 现在十点半了 |
[13:24] | I figure we head to the outdoor mall for an hour or so | 我想咱们先去户外商场逛一个小时 |
[13:27] | And then ride our bikes from the | 然后骑着自行车从 |
[13:28] | Big Dog outlet to the Wet Seal. | “大狗”打折店去女装店买衣服 |
[13:30] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[13:31] | We steal her. | 咱们把她偷走 |
[13:33] | – Who? – her. the girl from the window. | – 谁? – 她 橱窗里的女孩 |
[13:35] | The mannequin? | 那个人形模特? |
[13:36] | It hit me the other night. | 另一天晚上我突然想到了 |
[13:38] | What if the place she’s been getting ready to go | 如果这几天她一直准备去的地方 |
[13:40] | All this time is my house? | 是我家呢? |
[13:42] | I don’t know, dave. | 我不知道 戴夫 |
[13:43] | That’s, like, breaking and entering. | 这应该算 入室抢劫了吧 |
[13:45] | So? it’ll be fun! | 所以呢? 会很有意思的 |
[13:46] | You said you’d love to have a girl like her. | 你说过你想要个这样的女孩的 |
[13:48] | Remember? you said it. | 记得吗? 你说过的 |
[13:50] | Come on, Eddie. say you’ll help me. | 来吧 埃迪 说你会帮我 |
[13:52] | Come on. say it. | 来吧 说出来 |
[13:53] | – I don’t know. – Say it! | – 我不知道 – 说出来! |
[13:55] | Uh, sure. sounds like fun. | 好吧 听上去是挺好玩的 |
[13:57] | Great. | 真棒 |
[13:58] | Now let’s listen to a little gwar to pump ourselves up. | 现在咱们听点嗨歌来给自己鼓鼓劲 |
[14:05] | Discipline will bring the herd back together. | 纪律会让兽群回归秩序 |
[14:11] | Not cool, Dave. my parents are asleep. | 这样不好 戴夫 我的父母睡了 |
[14:14] | Eddie, you may be taller than me now, slightly, | 埃迪 你可能现在稍稍比我高一点 |
[14:17] | But I am still your father. | 但我还是你的爸爸 |
[14:18] | And when you go out, | 而且你出去的时候 |
[14:19] | I want to know where you’re going, | 我要知道你去了哪里 |
[14:21] | Who you’re with, and when you’ll be back. | 和谁去的 什么时候回来 |
[14:22] | No more doing whatever you want, | 不能再为所欲为 |
[14:23] | And no more talking back, either. | 也不能顶嘴了 |
[14:25] | Otherwise, you won’t be going anywhere. | 不然 你就哪也去不了了 |
[14:27] | Do we understand each other? | 你明白了吗? |
[14:31] | Screw…you! | 去你的! |
[14:37] | That’s it, Eddie. you’re grounded! | 行了 埃迪 你被禁足了 |
[14:39] | – I think I’m gonna go. – Good idea. | – 我觉得我该走了 – 好主意 |
[14:41] | I don’t know what’s gotten into you lately, | 我不知道你最近是怎么了 |
[14:42] | But this behavior stops now. | 但是这种行为该停止了 |
[14:44] | I thought we could get through this as friends, | 我以为咱们能像朋友一样一起经历这个 |
[14:46] | But clearly I was wrong. | 但很明显 我错了 |
[14:47] | So from now on, we do things the hard way. | 所以从现在开始 咱们要严格的来了 |
[14:49] | No more TV. No more video games! | 不许看电视 不许玩游戏 |
[14:52] | Thanks, dad. | 谢了 爸 |
[14:53] | What are you doing?! | 你在做什么? |
[14:54] | I’m hugging you. | 我在拥抱你 |
[14:56] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:57] | I knew that if I talked back to you like that, | 我知道如果我那样顶嘴 |
[14:58] | You’d be so shocked you’d ground me, | 你肯定会很震惊 然后禁足我 |
[15:00] | And I wouldn’t have to help Dave steal that sexy mannequin. | 我就不用去帮助戴夫去偷那个性感的人形模特了 |
[15:03] | Help Dave do what? | 帮助戴夫干什么? |
[15:04] | It was his idea to steal it, and it’s crazy. | 是他要偷过来的 简直是疯了 |
[15:06] | I didn’t want to do it. | 我不想这么干 |
[15:08] | But i-i didn’t know how to tell him. | 但是我不知道怎么跟他说 |
[15:10] | He’s been… intense lately. | 他最近… 情绪很紧张 |
[15:15] | Hey, you want to see something cool? | 你想看个很酷的东西吗? |
[15:16] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[15:20] | I’m gonna bust open this stretch armstrong | 我要用棒球棒打爆 |
[15:22] | With a baseball bat. | 这个橡皮人 |
[15:23] | Um… | 嗯… |
[15:26] | No, you don’t have a dad! | 你才没爹呢! |
[15:30] | So, you’re not the adolescent elephant. | 所以 你不是青春期的小象 |
[15:33] | Dave is. | 戴夫才是 |
[15:34] | Dad, you’re all over the place. | 爸 你最近有点天马行空 |
[15:35] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[15:36] | First, you made a big deal out of me shaving. | 一开始 你把我刮胡子这件事小题大做 |
[15:38] | Then you let me stay up later. | 然后你又说我可以晚睡 |
[15:40] | Then you got mad at me for staying up later. | 再然后我晚睡你又生气 |
[15:42] | And now you’re talking about elephants. | 现在你还在说大象 |
[15:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:46] | I was just excited for you to become a man | 我只是太激动了 你是个男人了 |
[15:48] | Because I thought that would mean | 因为我觉得那样就意味着 |
[15:49] | Us spending more time together. | 咱们可以花更多的时间在一起了 |
[15:51] | Then you decided to spend your extra hour | 然后你决定在多出来的时间里 |
[15:52] | With dave instead of me. | 和戴夫一起玩 |
[15:53] | So you’re upset because I didn’t stay home | 所以你不开心是因为我没有待在家里 |
[15:55] | And watch “Letterman” with you. | 和你一起看”牙擦骚” |
[15:56] | Look, I just don’t want us to grow apart | 听着 我只是不想让你疏远我 |
[15:59] | Because that’s what happened with me and my dad. | 因为我和我爸爸就是这样 |
[16:01] | Just because I want to do something on my own | 我只是想做一点我自己的事情 爸 |
[16:03] | Doesn’t mean I don’t still need you, dad. | 又不代表我不需要你了 |
[16:05] | You and I are friends. | 咱们是朋友 |
[16:06] | I’m always gonna need that. | 我永远需要朋友 |
[16:11] | Wait, you and dave haven’t stolen anything else, have you? | 等等 你和戴夫还什么都没偷呢 对吧? |
[16:15] | No way! | 当然没有! |
[16:16] | I know a good idea from a bad one. | 我还是分得清好主意和坏主意的 |
[16:17] | I’m lucky to have you around to teach me stuff like that. | 我很高兴能有你在身边教我这些东西 |
[16:20] | Not everyone’s that lucky. | 不是所有人都这么幸运 |
[16:33] | So, whatcha waitin’ for, chief? | 所以 帅哥 等什么呢? |
[16:40] | Stop! | 住手! |
[16:42] | Yeah. stop. | 对 住手 |
[16:44] | Now, why don’t you put the brick down, dave, | 现在 把砖头放下吧 戴夫 |
[16:46] | And we can talk about this? | 然后咱们来聊一聊 |
[16:49] | He’s so used to getting his way | 他总是按照他的方法来 |
[16:51] | that when he sees you showing confidence | 而当你展现自信 |
[16:53] | and standing your ground, he’ll back down. | 站稳立场时 他就会退缩了 |
[16:56] | Dave, you cut this behavior out right this minute. | 戴夫 你现在停下这种行为 |
[16:58] | Do you hear me? | 你听到我了吗? |
[17:00] | I’m going to give you to the count of three | 我现在给你数到三 |
[17:02] | To put the brick down and to step away from the mannequin. | 放下砖头 然后离开那个模特 |
[17:06] | One… | 一… |
[17:09] | Two… | 二… |
[17:16] | Whoa. Good work, dad. | 老爸 干得漂亮 |
[17:18] | Grab that brick. we need a doorstop. | 拿上拿块砖头 我们需要个门挡 |
[17:20] | Uh, okay. | 好的 |
[17:21] | Go. go. | 去 去 |
[17:24] | Excuse me. | 让一下 |
[17:25] | Excuse me. out of the way. | 请让一下 别挡道 |
[17:26] | Coming through. | 过人啦 |
[17:29] | Oh! | 哦 |
[17:30] | Hello, Nancy Kerrigan. | 你好 南茜·克里根 |
[17:31] | Thanks for the enthusiasm. | 感谢你的热情 |
[17:32] | It’s nice to meet you. Who can I make this out to? | 很高兴见到你 我该写给谁呢? |
[17:34] | Is it true tara lipinski replaced michelle kwan | 塔拉·利平斯基让别人冒充关颖珊 |
[17:37] | with an impostor so she could steal the gold? | 让自己拿金牌这件事是真的吗 |
[17:39] | Uh, well, that’s quite a lot. | 喔 信息量超多啊 |
[17:41] | How about, “believe in yourself”? | 写 “相信你自己”可以吗 |
[17:42] | What we really need, nancy, is answers. | 南希 我们真正需要的 是答案 |
[17:45] | Is it true? | 是不是真的? |
[17:46] | What makes you think I know? | 为什么你觉得我会知道? |
[17:47] | Because you’re the hub of | 因为你是职业冰滑世界的 |
[17:48] | The professional ice-skating world, Kerrigan. | 核心人物啊 克里根 |
[17:50] | You know everything that goes on. | 所有事情你都知道 |
[17:52] | – Hi. Honey Ellis. -hi. | – 嗨 蜜儿·埃利斯 – 嗨 |
[17:53] | I did your makeup when you played | 你在冰上百老汇上表演 |
[17:55] | Grizabella the glamour cat in broadway on ice. | 迷人猫格里萨贝拉的时候 我给你画的妆 |
[17:57] | – Big fan. -oh, right. | – 超级粉丝 – 对啊 |
[17:58] | Weren’t you dating one of the lighting technicians? | 你那时候不是在和一个灯光师约会吗? |
[18:00] | Yes! It didn’t work out. | 是啊! 最后没成 |
[18:02] | Of course it didn’t. so, is it true? | 当然没有了 所以 是真的吗? |
[18:05] | Tell me what you think you know. | 告诉我你觉得真相是什么样的 |
[18:08] | Tara Lipinski replaced the real Michelle Kwan | 塔拉·利平斯基用一个身体协调能力 |
[18:11] | With a slightly less talented body double. | 稍差的替身替换了关颖珊 |
[18:13] | That’s why the fake Michelle Kwan | 所以假的关颖珊 |
[18:15] | Flew into tokyo, instead of osaka. | 飞到了东京 而不是大阪 |
[18:17] | That’s why she missed the opening ceremonies. | 所以她错过了开幕式 |
[18:19] | And that’s why she was kept “off site.” | 所以她一直”没住在那里” |
[18:22] | Look, michelle flew into tokyo | 听着关颖珊飞到东京 |
[18:25] | Because her pen pal gabby lives there | 是因为她的笔友嘉比住在那里 |
[18:27] | And offered to drive her from the airport. | 而且提出可以开车送她到机场 |
[18:28] | Also, flights are way cheaper if she left mid-week, | 而且 周中时候的机票总是便宜很多 |
[18:31] | And if you know michelle, she likes a bargain. | 如果你认识关颖珊 她喜欢讨价还价 |
[18:33] | So that’s why she missed the opening ceremonies. | 所以她错过了开幕式 |
[18:36] | Also, she didn’t stay in the olympic village | 而且 她没待在奥林匹克村 |
[18:38] | Because the men’s ice hockey | 是因为男子冰球队 |
[18:40] | team throws really loud party | 开派对的声音特别大 |
[18:41] | And that’s why she got a hotel. | 所以她住进了酒店里 |
[18:43] | But what about getting from the hotel to the olympic arena? | 那从酒店到体育场呢? |
[18:46] | Mm-hmm. she was photographed at the hotel | 在她上场十五分钟之前还被拍到 |
[18:48] | 15 minutes before her event. | 在酒店里 |
[18:49] | There’s no way she could make it in 15 minutes. | 她不可能在十五分钟之内赶到 |
[18:51] | That wasn’t michelle at the hotel that morning. | 那天早上在酒店的不是关颖珊 |
[18:53] | That was her sister, Karen. | 那是她的姐姐 凯伦 |
[18:54] | They look alike. | 她们长得很像 |
[18:56] | Michelle didn’t even stay at the hotel | 关颖珊在赛前一晚 |
[18:57] | The night before the event. | 都没有待在酒店 |
[18:58] | She didn’t? where did she stay? | 她没有? 那她在哪? |
[19:00] | Where she always stays the night before a big event — | 在她赛前总是待的地方– |
[19:03] | On the ice. | 冰场上 |
[19:04] | – oh! – oh… | – 哦 – 哦… |
[19:05] | That’s what I would do. | 我也会这么做的 |
[19:06] | But that couldn’t have been the real michelle kwan. | 但是那不可能是真的关颖珊 |
[19:09] | But it was. | 那就是啊 |
[19:10] | Michelle kwan trained her whole life to win gold. | 关颖珊一辈子都在训练拿金牌 |
[19:12] | She sacrificed everything. | 她牺牲了所有 |
[19:14] | How could she possibly come in second place? | 她怎么可能只拿到第二名? |
[19:16] | Sometimes life isn’t fair. | 因为有些时候人生不公平啊 |
[19:18] | Believe me. I know all about that. | 相信我 我都知道 |
[19:20] | And crazy conspiracies. | 还有那些疯狂的阴谋论 |
[19:22] | You can work really hard, do everything right, | 你非常努力 所有事都做对了 |
[19:25] | And sometimes life just throws you a Lipinski. | 但有时人生就扔给你一个利平斯基 |
[19:27] | You just have to pick yourself back up and keep on skating. | 你只能整理心情 继续滑冰 |
[19:30] | Thanks for coming out. | 谢谢你们能过来 |
[19:32] | Appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[19:35] | I like your hair-bun. | 我喜欢你的丸子头 |
[19:36] | Oh, it’s not — it — thank you. | 哦 这不是– 谢谢 |
[19:42] | Jessica, are you okay? | 杰西卡 你还好吗 |
[19:43] | No, i’m not. | 不 我不好 |
[19:45] | Everything I know — | 我知道的一切– |
[19:46] | Everything i’ve taught my children — | 我所教给我孩子的一切– |
[19:48] | My whole worldview is wrong. | 我整个世界观都是错的 |
[19:51] | Wait. mommy, look! | 等等 妈妈 看! |
[19:56] | 他们在监视我 继续调查 | |
[19:58] | So Tara Lipinski did replace Michelle Kwan with an impostor! | 所以塔拉·利平斯基确实是替换了关颖珊 |
[20:02] | I knew it! | 我就知道! |
[20:03] | There’s no way somebody who works that hard | 不可能有人那么努力 |
[20:05] | Comes in second place. | 才得到第二名 |
[20:06] | It just isn’t possible. | 不可能的 |
[20:17] | You know, your sharpie is slightly thinner than hers. | 你知道 你的笔比她的要细 |
[20:20] | 相信你自己 南茜·克里根 | |
[20:21] | It worked, didn’t it? | 成功了 不是吗? |
[20:23] | The truth that Michelle Kwan did everything right | 关颖珊每件事都做对了但还是输了的真相 |
[20:25] | And still lost would crush mom. | 会打垮妈妈的 |
[20:27] | She needs to believe. | 她需要有信念 |
[20:31] | 今天下午 埃默里现场签售 埃默里的克里奥尔圣诞 | |
[20:33] | You know what, you go ahead. | 你先走 |
[20:35] | I’m gonna stick around for this. | 我要留下来等这个 |
[20:40] | Tonight, dave welcomes the cast of “baywatch.” | 今晚 有请”海滩救援队”的演员们 |
[20:45] | I’m gonna go grab a soda. | 我去拿瓶汽水 |
[20:47] | No soda after 9:00 p.m. | 九点之后不许喝汽水 |
[20:49] | Okay, Mr. Huang. | 好的 黄先生 |
[20:52] | Hey, how about, just for tonight, | 嗨 不如 就今晚 |
[20:54] | I let you boys stay up to watch the musical guest? | 我让你们男孩子留下看音乐嘉宾? |
[20:56] | …with musical guest paula cole! | …音乐嘉宾葆拉·寇尔! |
[20:58] | Nah, we’re good. | 不用了 |