英文名称:Elizabethtown
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Welcome back, boys. | 欢迎归来 伙计们 |
[00:39] | As somebody once said… | 有人曾说过 |
[00:42] | there’s a difference between a failure… | 这两样东西有着天壤之别 失败 |
[00:45] | anda fiasco. | 和惨败 |
[01:35] | Watch your head. | 小心脑袋 |
[01:41] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[01:43] | A failure is simply the non-presence of success. | 失败只不过是因为成功没有露面 |
[01:51] | Any fool can accomplish failure. | 任何傻瓜都会失败 |
[01:54] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[02:00] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[02:01] | What the hell’s he doing here? | 他来这里干什么 |
[02:03] | But a fiasco… | 但是惨败 |
[02:06] | A fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions. | 惨败是带有神话色彩的灾难 |
[02:11] | A fiasco is a folktale told to others… | 惨败是讲给别人听的故事 |
[02:14] | that makes other people feel more alive… | 让他人暗自庆幸 |
[02:18] | because it didn’t happen to them. | 因为灾难没落在他头上 |
[02:22] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[02:29] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[02:31] | I’ll take you to Phil so you don’t get lost. | 我带你去见菲尔 免得你迷路 |
[02:34] | Mercury Worldwide Shoes, which is actually Phil… | 麦克力全球制鞋公司 实际上就是菲尔 |
[02:39] | contains some of America’s finest artists’masterworks… | 收藏了一些美国最优秀的画家的杰作 |
[02:43] | seen only by people heading for very important meetings… | 只有那些赶赴重要会面的人才能见到 |
[02:47] | a promotion… | 或是因为升职 |
[02:49] | or otherwise. | 或者相反 |
[02:53] | We are notjust employees, as Phil once said. | 我们不仅是员工 菲尔曾经说过 |
[02:57] | We are denizens of greatness. | 我们更是创造伟大的精英 |
[03:03] | Phil says, The world is full of those who achieve through negativity… | 菲尔说 世上很多人功成名就靠的是负面的手段 |
[03:07] | or theft. | 或偷窃 |
[03:09] | We succeed through original thought. | 我们成功靠的是独创的想法 |
[03:15] | A shoe is notjust a shoe. | 鞋不只是鞋 |
[03:18] | It connects us to the Earth. | 它把我们与大地相连 |
[03:20] | The right shoe can transport us… | 好鞋子可以带着我们走四方 |
[03:23] | make us believe we are capable of more. | 让我们相信我们可以做得更好 |
[03:27] | But there are sacrifices for a goal like pure greatness. | 但是要实现伟大的目标需要牺牲 |
[03:31] | Like birthdays or last Christmas with my family. | 比如生日或是去年圣诞和我家人团聚的机会 |
[03:35] | through Christ our Lord. Amen. | 因我们的主基督 阿们 |
[03:37] | Dig in. And no making fun of my cooking. | 开吃吧 别取笑我的厨艺 |
[03:40] | -This must be homemade. -Oh, Dad. | -这一定是家里做的 -爸爸 |
[03:42] | Though we sometimes celebrate odd things at Mercury… | 然而我们在麦克力有时会庆祝一些古怪的东西 |
[03:45] | like the day the ltalians invented rubber. | 比如意大利人发明橡胶的日子 |
[03:48] | Which they didn’t, of course. But that’s beside the point. | 当然橡胶并不是他们发明的 不过这是别话 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1327个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:201个,六级词汇:97个,GRE词汇:112个,托福词汇:147个,考研词汇:224个,专四词汇:183个,专八词汇:29个, 所有生词标注共:373个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:51] | Where exactly is Drew, anyway? | 德鲁到底在哪里 |
[04:00] | We’ve contained magic in a shoe! | 我们为鞋子上带来了魔力 |
[04:11] | It was meant to approximate walking on a cloud. | 它应该让人有一种踩着云彩行走的感觉 |
[04:27] | Hey, ifyou ever need anything around here… | 如果你需要什么东西的话 |
[04:30] | I’m your girl. | 我愿意效劳 |
[04:45] | Any true student of functional shoe design… | 任何真正学鞋类功能设计的人 |
[04:48] | is also a student of Phil himself. | 都是菲尔本人的学生 |
[04:51] | He is a master. | 他是位大师 |
[04:53] | And Phil’s innate wisdom of what people want and need… | 而菲尔对人们的需求的天生敏锐 |
[04:56] | has never failed to date. | 在此之前从未失败过 |
[04:59] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[05:01] | He’s also obsessed with the number two. | 他还非常着迷数字2 |
[05:05] | These are Phil’s prized two Norman Rockwells. | 这是菲尔珍爱的诺曼 ·洛克威尔的两幅作品 |
[05:08] | The pair ofpaintings that once hung outside the White House office… | 这两幅画曾经挂在肯尼迪的 |
[05:11] | of John F. Kennedy. | 白宫办公室外 |
[05:13] | And yes, the two treasured doors… | 对了 这两扇珍贵的门 |
[05:16] | Phil once purchased from a church on vacation in Tunisia… | 是菲尔在突尼斯度假时从一所教堂买来的 |
[05:19] | and had sent back home for a total cost too enormous to mention. | 并且运送回来 那数目说出来都吓人 |
[05:23] | $762, O00. | 七十六万两千美元 |
[05:26] | Each. | 每一扇 |
[05:28] | Just two more minutes and I can send you in. | 再等两分钟 我就可以让你进去了 |
[05:31] | Because we have a moment here… | 因为我们现在有点时间 |
[05:33] | let me tell you that I have recently become a secret connoisseur… | 让我来告诉你 我最近私底下已经成了 |
[05:37] | of last looks. | 告别目光的鉴赏家 |
[05:38] | You know the way people look at you when they believe it’s for the last time? | 你知道最后一次见你时人们的那种目光吗 |
[05:43] | I’ve started collecting these looks and… | 我开始收集这些目光 |
[05:46] | Okay, he’s ready for you. | 好了 他可以见你了 |
[05:52] | There’s one right now. | 眼下就有这样的目光 |
[06:06] | How are you, Drew? | 你好吗 德鲁 |
[06:10] | I wanted to jump out ofthe window ofthat helicopter… | 我真想从那架直升机的窗口跳出去 |
[06:12] | and just splatter on the trees, to tell you the truth. | 散落在那些树上 真的 |
[06:14] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[06:17] | It’s only money. | 不就是钱吗 |
[06:24] | The American psyche is in turmoil, Drew, and we have miscalculated. | 美国人的心理一片混乱 德鲁 而我们失策了 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:32] | I have no rulebook for this situation. | 对这种情况我没有制订过规定 |
[06:37] | They tell me that we are about to lose 972… | 他们告诉我说我们将要损失 |
[06:43] | million dollars. | 9亿7千2百万 |
[06:47] | I am… | 我 |
[06:49] | ill-equipped in the philosophies of failure. | 对于失败没有准备 |
[06:57] | Walk with me, Drew. | 跟我来 德鲁 |
[06:59] | My basketball team. | 我的篮球队 |
[07:03] | They don’t even know yet. | 他们还不知道呢 |
[07:09] | My Global Environmental Watchdog project will have to go. | 我的全球环境监测计划要泡汤了 |
[07:13] | Sweet people. | 都是好人哪 |
[07:16] | We could have saved the planet… | 我们原本可以拯救地球 |
[07:19] | but… | 但是 |
[07:20] | How do I make the concept of$972,000,000… | 我要怎么跟你说 才能让9亿7千2百万的概念 |
[07:24] | more real to you? | 对你更形象 |
[07:26] | It’s the operating budget of a midsize country… | 那是一个中等国家的 |
[07:29] | a small civilization. | 一个小型文明的运作预算 |
[07:31] | It’s big! | 大数目 |
[07:34] | It’s so big… | 这么大的数目 |
[07:35] | you could round it off to a billion dollars. | 差一点就是十亿美元了 |
[07:45] | I cry a lot lately. | 我最近哭了很多次 |
[07:47] | The promise of a global future… | 对全球未来的承诺 |
[07:50] | pinned to a groundbreaking shoe, your design… | 给毁了 就因为一只极富创造力的鞋子 你的设计 |
[07:53] | with a new form of material, launched this week to great fanfare. | 新型材料 本周隆重上市的 |
[07:56] | And now, meeting a growing international roar of laughter… | 可现在 面对潮水般涌来的嘲笑 |
[08:02] | and rejection. | 和退货 |
[08:06] | Enough to cause this memo… | 以至于我收到了这样的条子 |
[08:11] | from Jeffrey Barlow, CEO of DCS. | DCS公司的CEO 杰弗里·巴洛写来的 |
[08:15] | This once highly-anticipated product… | 这一曾经倍受期待的产品 |
[08:18] | may actually cause an entire generation to return to bare feet. | 可能会让整一代人重新开始赤脚 |
[08:32] | We are about to enter… | 我们将会 |
[08:35] | a free-fall plunge. | 一落千丈 |
[08:38] | And the sound you hear is the sound of shit hitting the fan. | 你现在听到的声音就是我们轰然撞墙的声音 |
[08:44] | Globally. | 在全世界范围内 |
[08:47] | You hear it? | 你听到了吗 |
[08:53] | I wish there was something I could do. | 我真希望我能做点什么 |
[08:55] | Actually, there is. | 真的有 |
[08:58] | In a room downstairs is a reporter from Global Business Today. | 楼下一个房间里有一位来自今日全球商业的记者 |
[09:02] | We need to make him understand… | 我们需要让他明白 |
[09:05] | we hired you from our National Scholarship Program. | 我们是从我们的全国奖学金计划中聘请的你 |
[09:07] | We supported, invested in your brilliance. | 我们对你的才华给予了支持和投资 |
[09:11] | This was a very creative endeavor… | 这是一次很有创新的努力 |
[09:14] | and I think you should stand up… | 我想你应该站出来 |
[09:19] | for your incredible work. | 为你的惊人成就负责 |
[09:27] | You okay? | 你没问题吧 |
[09:29] | I’m… | 我 |
[09:36] | It’s a little bit like knowing the plane’s going down before anyone else, isn’t it? | 这有点像比别人都先知道飞机将要坠地 对吗 |
[09:42] | -When does this run, a week? -A week. | -这要发行多久 一周 -一周 |
[09:44] | Come Sunday evening, it’ll be on the stands. | 周日傍晚发行 各报摊都会有 |
[09:47] | Any last words? | 最后还要说点什么吗 |
[09:50] | And in that moment, I knew. | 在那一刻 我知道了 |
[09:51] | I know we hired you at the last minute but… | 我知道我们是在最后时刻聘用了你 不过 |
[09:54] | Success… | 成功 |
[09:57] | Success, not greatness… | 成功 而不是伟大 |
[10:01] | was the only god the entire world served. | 才是天底下人膜拜的唯一的神灵 |
[10:16] | Home sweet home. | 我可爱的家 |
[10:34] | Eight years. Night and day. | 八年了 日日夜夜 |
[10:38] | Can you imagine? | 你能想像吗 |
[10:39] | An entire life wrapped up in a shoe. | 一辈子因为一只鞋就完戏了 |
[12:32] | Yello? | 喂 |
[12:33] | Drew? It’s your sister. | 德鲁 我是你妹妹 |
[12:35] | I have some really bad news. | 我有个非常糟糕的消息 |
[12:38] | Could you call me tomorrow? | 你能明天打给我吗 |
[12:41] | No. | 不行 |
[12:42] | -Could you call me a little later? -No, honey. | -你能稍微晚点打给我吗 -不行 亲爱的 |
[12:46] | Dad died! | 爸爸死了 |
[12:50] | He had a heart attack back in Kentucky. | 他在肯塔基州心脏病发作 |
[12:56] | He was still visiting Uncle Dale. | 他当时还在戴尔叔叔那里作客 |
[13:00] | Mom is in total shock. | 妈妈完全愣了 |
[13:02] | You have to handle this. | 你必须来处理 |
[13:05] | You’re the oldest. | 你是长子 |
[13:08] | You’re the responsible one. | 你要负起这个责任 |
[13:51] | I don’t know why he went to Kentucky. | 我不知道他干嘛要去肯塔基州 |
[13:52] | I don’t know what the attraction was. | 我不知道那儿有什么可吸引他的 |
[13:53] | He was born there. | 他生在那里 |
[13:55] | They never liked me there. They never have. | 那儿的人从来不喜欢他 从来没有 |
[13:56] | Drew will take care of everything. | 德鲁会照顾好一切的 |
[13:57] | Honey, you understand I can’t go because of the baby. | 亲爱的 你知道因为宝宝我去不了 |
[14:00] | -I’ll be back in two days. -I’ll man the phones. | -我两天后回来 -我会守在电话旁边的 |
[14:02] | I’ll always be the one that snatched him away from them. | 他们总认为是我把他从他们那里抢走的 |
[14:05] | The two sides of this family have never integrated well… | 这个家庭的两边从来没能好好相处过 |
[14:07] | so don’t expect to make a lot of friends when you go there. | 所以去了那边别指望交到很多朋友 |
[14:09] | -Drew doesn’t make friends, Mom. -I have friends. | -德鲁从不交朋友 妈妈 -我有朋友 |
[14:12] | -Do you have the blue suit? -I have the blue suit. | -蓝西装你带了吗 -我带了蓝西装 |
[14:14] | He loved that silly blue suit. | 他很喜欢那件傻傻的蓝西装 |
[14:16] | God only knows if I made him truly happy. | 天知道我有没有让他真正开心过 |
[14:18] | I’ll call from Kentucky. I’ll be there in the morning. | 我到了肯塔基会打电话回来的 我早上会到 |
[14:20] | -We have a plan! -We have a plan… | -我们有个计划 -我们有个计划 |
[14:22] | and you hold your head up high… | 你要抬头挺胸 |
[14:23] | because don’t you forget, you go back there as the most successful man… | 别忘了 你是作为这个家族有史以来最成功的男人 |
[14:26] | in the history ofthis family. Don’t let them try anything. | 回到那里的 别让他们耍什么花招 |
[14:29] | Oh, my God. I have to call people. | 天哪 我得打电话通知别人 |
[14:31] | I have to clean out the office, I’m a widow! | 我得收拾一下办公室 我是寡妇了 |
[14:34] | We’ll figure this out, we’ll figure this out. | 我们会处理的 我们会处理的 |
[14:36] | Just get Dad home. Hurry. | 只要把爸爸接回家 要快 |
[14:37] | I was still waiting for everything to start, and now it’s over. | 我还等着一切从头开始 现在一切却已经结束了 |
[14:44] | I’ll bring him home. | 我会带他回家的 |
[14:45] | Wait, wait! Stay close. Come, come, come. | 等等 过来 来 来 |
[14:48] | Now, what was it that Dad always said? | 你老爸常说什么来着 |
[14:51] | -If it wasn’t this…-It would be something else. | -塞翁失马 -焉知非福 |
[14:55] | Now, you go. You go and you make him proud. | 好 你走吧 你走吧 你要让他骄傲 |
[14:58] | And you call and tell me what’s going on, okay? All right. | 记得打电话回来 告诉我情况 好吗 好了 |
[15:03] | I would go to Kentucky… | 我要去肯塔基州 |
[15:05] | put my father in the blue suit, bring him home… | 给我父亲穿上蓝西装 带他回家 |
[15:08] | and then get back on that bike. | 然后再回到那辆自行车上 |
[15:12] | Nothing would stop the plan. | 没有什么可以阻止这个计划 |
[16:14] | Sir. | 先生 |
[16:16] | Sir. | 先生 |
[16:18] | By flying this flight, you’ve helped save all our jobs. | 您乘坐这次航班 帮我们大家都保住了饭碗 |
[16:22] | Definitely mine. Maybe even the entire airline. | 至少是我的饭碗 甚至可能是整个航空公司的 |
[16:25] | We would like to reward you with a free seat in first class. | 我们愿意奖励您免费乘坐头等舱的座位 |
[16:30] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[16:34] | Okay, let me try it like this. | 好的 这么说吧 |
[16:37] | I’m really tired. Please don’t make me keep walking… | 我很累了 请不要让我 |
[16:40] | all the way back down here all night long. | 整个晚上都要一直跑到这么后面 |
[16:47] | Louisville, Kentucky, huh? | 去肯塔基州的路易斯威尔 是吗 |
[16:50] | Home, business, or family? | 回家 出差还是探亲 |
[16:52] | My dad. | 因为我爸爸 |
[16:54] | Where does he live in Louisville? | 他住在路易斯威尔的什么地方 |
[16:56] | Actually, he’s near Louisville. | 事实上 他住在路易斯威尔旁边 |
[16:58] | Louisville. | 路易斯威尔(纠正其发音) |
[17:04] | He’s in Elizabethtown. | 他住在伊丽莎白镇 |
[17:05] | Oh, good. I hope someone’s driving you… | 很好 希望有人来接你 |
[17:07] | ’cause the roads around there are hopelessly and gloriously confusing. | 因为那儿的路出奇地难找 |
[17:15] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会记住的 |
[17:22] | I’ll draw you a quick map. | 我给你画张简单的地图 |
[17:26] | I mean, I’m so happy we’re sitting here having this conversation… | 我是说 我很我们可以坐在这里聊聊天 |
[17:29] | at 3 : OO a. m. , or whatever time it is. | 现在大概是凌晨3点 无所谓几点了 |
[17:31] | You know, it’s such a great time. Everyone’s sleeping but us. | 你知道 真是不错 大家都睡觉了 就只有我们 |
[17:35] | It’s really nice to have a conversation with you and that you’re really listening. | 和你聊聊天 你又很认真地听 这样真是不错 |
[17:39] | I feel like I can really talk to you… | 我觉得和你很谈得来 |
[17:42] | So, you want to get to 264, and then you want to not miss 60B. | 所以 你要上264道 然后不要错过60B出口 |
[17:46] | I’m going to be obnoxious about that. | 我会不高兴的 |
[17:48] | Bens are strangely delightful and very intuitive. | 叫本的人很奇怪都很快乐 直觉很强 |
[17:53] | Complex. Almost too complex to be around. | 很复杂 太复杂了 很难相处 |
[17:56] | -Do you know any Bens? -I know one Ben. | -你认识叫本的人吗 -我认识一个叫本的人 |
[18:00] | I’m a student of names. | 我是研究名字的 |
[18:02] | For example, what’s your dad’s name? | 比如 你爸爸叫什么名字 |
[18:05] | Mitchell. | 米切尔 |
[18:06] | -Mitchell. -Yeah. | -米切尔 -是的 |
[18:10] | Or Mitch? | 还是米彻 |
[18:13] | Mitchell. Sometimes Mitch. | 米切尔 有时候叫米彻 |
[18:16] | Son of a Mitch. | 米彻的儿子(与 狗娘养的 发音相近) |
[18:19] | And today I was fired by a Phil. | 今天我被一个叫菲尔的人炒了鱿鱼 |
[18:22] | Phil? Phils are dangerous. | 菲尔 叫菲尔的人非常危险 |
[18:26] | Phils are less predictable than Bens. | 叫菲尔的人不如叫本有预见力 |
[18:35] | And your girlfriend is a… | 你的女友叫 |
[18:37] | Ellen. | 艾伦 |
[18:41] | -How’s that going? -Sort of a wait-and-see. | -发展得怎么样 -有点观望的状态 |
[18:44] | -Oh, yeah? -But then I waited and I saw. | -是吗 -然后我就开始观望了 |
[18:48] | I was gonna say. | 我正想说呢 |
[18:49] | I have never had a good experience with an Ellen or a Phil. | 我和叫艾伦或菲尔的人相处从来不愉快 |
[18:54] | -How about with a Mitch? | -和叫米彻的人吗 |
[18:55] | -Never met a Mitch I didn’t like. | -从来没有碰见过我不喜欢的叫米彻的人 |
[18:57] | Fun. Full of life, you know? | 很开心 充满活力 你知道吗 |
[18:59] | You know what I mean when I say fun? | 你知道我说的开心是什么意思吗 |
[19:02] | Like you want to be a part of Mitch’s club. | 就好像你想要成为米彻俱乐部的一员 |
[19:07] | Am I close? | 我说的像吗 |
[19:10] | Close. | 像 |
[19:13] | He’s okay, right? | 他不错 对吗 |
[19:15] | Yeah. He’s… | 是的 他 |
[19:29] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[19:34] | You give him a big old hug for me. | 你代我给你一个大大的拥抱 |
[19:42] | I’m Claire, by the way. | 顺便告诉你 我叫克莱尔 |
[19:44] | Drew. | 德鲁 |
[19:45] | -Nice. -Same to you. | -很高兴 -我也一样 |
[19:48] | Please. | 好 |
[19:49] | I’ll let you sleep. Here’s your map. | 我放你睡觉了 这是你的地图 |
[19:53] | Let me take this. | 我来帮你拿 |
[19:56] | I can handle this. | 我可以处理 |
[19:58] | Let go. | 放手 |
[20:27] | I am not asleep. | 我没有睡 |
[20:33] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[20:38] | I won’t really be able to sleep. | 我不会睡得着 |
[20:41] | I won’t really be able to sleep. | 我不会睡得着 |
[20:43] | Okay. Ready to go, Drew? | 好了 准备走了吗 德鲁 |
[20:46] | I’m not asleep. | 我没有睡 |
[20:48] | Blue suit. | 蓝西装 |
[20:49] | Losing the business. | 生意失败 |
[20:50] | Louisville. | 路易斯威尔 |
[20:52] | I’m not asleep. | 我没有睡 |
[20:53] | We’ll go next year. | 我们明年去 |
[20:54] | Come back. | 回来 |
[21:20] | One billion dollars. | 十亿美元 |
[21:28] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[21:30] | And congratulations, Drew. | 恭喜您 德鲁 |
[21:32] | You’ve earned your wings as our ten millionth passenger. | 作为我们的第一千万名乘客 您获得了飞行章 |
[21:35] | And here is a coupon for any four-diamond hotel… | 这是您的优惠券 可以用于 |
[21:39] | in the greater western Kentucky area. | 肯塔基州西部大部分地区的任何一家四钻酒店 |
[21:42] | Better move quickly. Lots of people behind you. | 最好动作要快 后面有很多人等着呢 |
[21:52] | -Well, thank you. -Absolutely. | -谢谢你 -绝对 |
[21:55] | And good luck with Ben. | 祝你和本相处得好 |
[21:58] | Look, I know I may never see you again… | 我知道我可能再也见不到你 |
[22:02] | but we are intrepid. | 不过我们很坚强 |
[22:05] | We carry on. | 我们可以挺过去 |
[22:16] | Drew! | 德鲁 |
[22:20] | Rental cars around the corner. You’ll see the signs. | 租车在拐角 你可以看到标志 |
[22:24] | Bluegrass Parkway turns into exit 60B. Don’t forget, 60B. | 在蓝草园道进入60B出口 别忘了 60B |
[22:28] | Okay. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[22:35] | You okay to drive? | 你可以开车吗 |
[22:37] | I’m fine. | 我可以 |
[22:41] | 60B! | 60B出口 |
[22:49] | 60B! | 60B出口 |
[23:52] | Uncle Dale. | 戴尔叔叔 |
[23:53] | I’m in Louisville. Just landed. | 我到了路易斯威尔 刚刚下飞机 |
[23:57] | I’m on the road. | 我在路上 |
[23:59] | 60B. Yeah. | 60B 对 |
[24:02] | I have a map. | 我有地图 |
[24:08] | And I’ll be there by 2 : 00. | 我会在2点钟前到 |
[24:17] | I have the blue suit. | 我带来了蓝西装 |
[24:30] | Where’s 60B? | 60B在哪里 |
[24:34] | Shit, man. | 见鬼 |
[24:38] | Oh, man! | 见鬼 |
[24:39] | Did I miss 60B? | 我错过60B了吗 |
[24:42] | Did I miss 60B? | 我错过60B了吗 |
[24:45] | Did I miss 60B? | 我错过60B了吗 |
[24:51] | Did I miss 60B? | 我错过60B了吗 |
[25:00] | Elizabethtown. | 伊丽莎白镇 |
[25:02] | Elizabethtown! Yes! | 伊丽莎白镇 太好了 |
[25:04] | Elizabethtown! We’re in! Oh, yeah. Okay! | 伊丽莎白镇 我们来了 太好了 |
[26:47] | Jessie? | 杰西 |
[26:49] | Cuz. | 卡兹 |
[26:55] | Cuz. | 卡兹 |
[26:59] | This loss will be met by a hurricane of love. | 虽受丧父之痛 自有亲情汹涌 |
[27:10] | Charles Dean, meet grown-up Drew Baylor. | 查尔斯牧师 这是长大了的德鲁 ·贝勒 |
[27:14] | Drew, it’s good to see you. | 德鲁 很高兴见到你 |
[27:15] | Thank you. My condolences. | 谢谢你 节哀顺变 |
[27:17] | And here’s my dad, your Uncle Dale. | 这是我爸爸 你的戴尔叔叔 |
[27:20] | Wonderful to see you again. | 又见到你 真是太好了 |
[27:24] | Well, Drew, this is Mitch’s plot. | 德鲁 这是米彻的墓地 |
[27:27] | And it has been in your family for 272 years. | 它属于你们家族已经有272年了 |
[27:33] | Now, I’ve endeavored… | 现在 我已设法 |
[27:35] | to keep this area here clear for your daddy. | 为你爸爸腾出了这块地方 |
[27:40] | We’re still discussing that issue. There is a possibility of cremation. | 我们还在讨论这个问题 有可能会火葬 |
[27:50] | Now, here are some of your daddy’s personal things. | 这里是你爸爸的一些私人物品 |
[27:54] | The brown wallet. | 棕色的钱包 |
[27:56] | And here’s his ring from West Point. | 这是他在西点军校的指环 |
[28:01] | Now I don’t know how y’all feel out there in California… | 我不知道你们在加州的人是怎么想 |
[28:04] | but West Point sure does matter around here. | 不过西点军校在这里是很受尊敬的 |
[28:07] | It matters a lot. | 非常受尊敬 |
[28:10] | Even though we now live in Oregon. | 尽管我们现在是住在俄勒冈州 |
[28:18] | Everybody. | 各位 |
[28:20] | This is Mitch’s boy from California. | 这是从加州赶来的米彻的儿子 |
[28:23] | One of the California Baylors. | 住在加州的贝勒家族成员之一 |
[28:26] | This is Drew. | 他叫德鲁 |
[28:29] | And just like your daddy was, we are all very excited… | 和你爸爸一样 我们都很激动 |
[28:35] | about your eight-year triumph with that beautiful shoe. | 你八年的成就还有那漂亮的鞋 |
[28:48] | My condolences to all. | 各位请节哀顺变 |
[28:53] | No, sir. I’m not going to let you feel bad ’cause that was from your heart… | 不 先生 我不想让你不高兴因为你是真心的 |
[28:57] | but let them say condolences to you. | 但是要让他们对你说节哀顺变 |
[28:59] | -I thought condolences was…-It’s incoming. It’s an incoming phrase. | -我还以为节哀顺变是 -是他们对你说的 |
[29:26] | Did I not capture your daddy? | 我没有照看好你父亲吗 |
[29:31] | I don’t know what the word is. | 我不知道该怎么形容 |
[29:34] | It’s just a look I never saw before. | 那是一种我以前从未见过的面容 |
[29:38] | What’s the word? | 怎么形容呢 |
[29:41] | Drew, ifyou just move around a bit… | 德鲁 如果你稍稍移动一下 |
[29:47] | you will see different aspects. | 你会看到不同的角度 |
[29:55] | Go ahead and cry. | 继续哭吧 |
[30:10] | What’s the word? | 该怎么形容呢 |
[30:33] | Whimsical. | 变化无常 |
[30:37] | The word is whimsical. | 是变化无常 |
[30:50] | why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[30:52] | Whimsical. | 变化无常 |
[32:03] | -Turkey hash brown casserole. -It’s Russ! | -火鸡薯饼锅 -是拉斯烧的 |
[32:11] | Aunt Dora, Aunt Dora. | 朵拉婶婶 朵拉婶婶 |
[32:16] | Aunt Dora, look what I found. | 朵拉婶婶 看我带谁来了 |
[32:20] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[32:26] | Look at Mitch’s baby! | 瞧瞧米彻的孩子 |
[32:28] | You lookjust like your daddy. And who’s been feeding you? | 你和你爸爸长得一模一样 谁把你养大的 |
[32:32] | Wait just a minute. I gotta talk to Drew. | 等一下 我要和德鲁讲话 |
[32:34] | -We hope you’re gonna stay for a while. -You’re a credit to Etown. | -我们希望你能住上一阵 -你是伊镇的骄傲 |
[32:42] | Sorry about your dad. | 我很替你的父亲难过 |
[32:46] | This is your blood. | 这是你的家族 |
[32:50] | And that’s Samson, my son. Clearly up to no good. | 那是萨姆森 我儿子 显然不怀好意 |
[32:54] | Samson. | 萨姆森 |
[32:57] | Uncle Mitch always wanted us to meet. Everybody says we look alike. | 米彻叔叔一直想让我们见面 大家都说我们很像 |
[33:03] | Weird, huh? It’s like looking in a mirror. | 很奇怪 是吗 就像在照镜子 |
[33:06] | Hi, Drew. I’m Connie. I was your daddy’s first girlfriend and… | 你好 德鲁 我叫康妮 我是你爸爸的初恋女友 |
[33:11] | Hi, Drew, I’m Charlie. | 你好 德鲁 我叫查理 |
[33:13] | -I’m a huge fan of shoes…-My son. My son. | -我是个超级鞋迷 -我儿子 我儿子 |
[33:15] | and the work you’ve done in the shoe business. | 你在鞋业所取得的成绩 |
[33:16] | -We’ll talk. -Absolutely. | -以后聊 -绝对 |
[33:18] | We got memorial plans to discuss. | 我们还要讨论殡葬的计划 |
[33:20] | Your daddy was one of my 10 most favorite people. | 你爸爸是我最喜欢的十个人之一 |
[33:23] | Sure did miss him when he went out West. | 他离开西部真的很想他 |
[33:25] | Drew, I’m E. Russell Marlowe… | 德鲁 我是E·拉塞尔·马洛 |
[33:27] | with the American Legion in Bardstown, Kentucky. | 属于肯塔基州铠甲镇的美国退伍军人协会 |
[33:29] | Drew, I want to sign you up with the American Legion… | 德鲁 我希望你能参加美国退伍军人协会 |
[33:31] | or the Sons of the Legion. | 或是退伍军人儿子协会 |
[33:33] | And I got a hat that I want to give you as a souvenir, in honor ofyour dad… | 我有顶帽子要送给你作纪念 纪念你爸爸 |
[33:47] | Bill Banyon’s not coming, is he? | 比尔·班农不来了 是吗 |
[33:50] | Bill Banyon is not coming. | 比尔·班农不来了 |
[34:06] | Bad dog! Stop that! | 坏狗 停下来 |
[34:10] | Bad dog! | 坏狗 |
[34:13] | -Samson? -What a mess! | -萨姆森 一团糟 |
[34:23] | So, come on in. | 进来吧 |
[34:25] | You know, it’s not every day I invite good-looking men to my bedroom… | 你知道 我可不会天天带帅哥来我卧房的 |
[34:28] | but I just wanted you to meet your family… | 不过我只是希望你能看看你的家族 |
[34:31] | the Baylors and the Conleys. | 贝勒家族和肯里家族 |
[34:33] | Let’s start with Dickey Conley. | 我们从迪奇肯里开始讲起 |
[34:35] | Now, he was an alcoholic. He had a drinking problem. | 他是个酒鬼 酗酒成性 |
[34:39] | And he also had three nipples. He had three nipples. | 他还有三个乳头 他有三个乳头 |
[34:43] | And he was a poet. | 他是位诗人 |
[34:51] | How’s your mother, Drew, honey? You know… | 你妈妈好吗 德鲁 亲爱的 你知道 |
[34:55] | I really should have a picture of her in here. | 我真该放张她的照片在这里 |
[34:58] | And this picture is… | 这张照片是 |
[35:00] | -Aunt Dora! -Coming! | -朵拉婶婶 -来了 |
[35:03] | Lena, just watch over it. Two more minutes! I’m coming! | 莲娜 好好看着 两分钟 我就来 |
[35:08] | This was the last picture taken of your daddy. | 这是你爸爸拍的最后一张照片 |
[35:11] | This was just three days ago, Drew. | 就在三天前 德鲁 |
[35:13] | He was the most loving man. | 他是最可爱的 |
[35:15] | -Dora! -Coming! | -朵拉 -来了 |
[35:17] | Honey, you stay as long as you need to. | 亲爱的 随你呆多久 |
[35:47] | Samson. | 萨姆森 |
[35:53] | My God! | 天哪 |
[35:56] | -Oh, man. -Was he driving that? | -老天 -是他在开吗 |
[35:58] | Samson, you all right, boy? | 萨姆森 你没事吧 孩子 |
[35:59] | -You all right? -You all right? | -你没事吧 -你没事吧 |
[36:02] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[36:04] | Where the hell’s his father? That’s what I want to know. | 他爸爸上哪儿去了 这是我想要知道的 |
[36:07] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[36:08] | -Hey, who taught you how to drive? -What the hell do you mean? | -谁教你开车的 -你什么意思 |
[36:13] | -What do you mean? -You gotta keep your eye on him! | -你什么意思 -你得看牢他 |
[36:22] | So! | 好了 |
[36:26] | Y’all obviously made a group decision not to call and invite me. | 你们大家显然集体决定不打电话邀请我 |
[36:36] | Hi! Bill Banyon. How are you? Good to see you. | 你好 比尔·班农 你好吗 很高兴见到你 |
[36:41] | Bill Banyon. How are you? Good to see you. | 比尔·班农 你好吗 很高兴见到你 |
[36:44] | I hear Drew Baylor’s here, is that right? | 我听说德鲁·贝勒来了 是吗 |
[36:46] | Hi, Connie, how are you? | 你好 康妮 你好吗 |
[36:47] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[36:49] | -Is this Samson? -It is. This is Samson. | -这是萨姆森吗 -是的 这是萨姆森 |
[36:52] | Come here, Samson! How you doing? Give me a big boy hug! | 过来 萨姆森 你好吗 来拥抱我一下 |
[37:00] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[37:03] | I should just go over to the kitchen. Good to see you. Cute kid. | 我去厨房洗下就可以了 很高兴见到你 可爱的孩子 |
[37:07] | Drew, can I have your autograph, please? | 德鲁 我可以请你签名吗 |
[37:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[37:16] | Where can I find an original model of Adidas SL 72s? | 我在哪里可以找到阿迪达斯SL72s的原始模型 |
[37:22] | That boy is looking for rules from you! | 你要给那孩子做做规矩 |
[37:25] | Blame me, everybody does. | 怪我好了 每个人都怪我 |
[37:27] | You can’t be a kid and raise a kid. | 你要带孩子 不能自己还是孩子样 |
[37:30] | Dad, I’m taking this moment to tell you that I’m untraditional. | 爸爸 我现在告诉你 我不是传统的类型 |
[37:34] | When we celebrate the life of Mitch, we’re gonna do it with no tears… | 当我们缅怀米彻的一生时 我们不应该流泪 |
[37:38] | we’re gonna do it with excitement, and I’ll take care of everything. | 我们应该带着激动 我会搞定一切的 |
[37:42] | -All right. -Hear, hear. | -好的 -听到了 |
[37:44] | We know what’s up, and it’s shoes. We’re so much alike! | 我们知道是为什么 是因为鞋子 我们真是太像了 |
[37:48] | I teach him things that everybody should know. | 我教给他每个人应该知道的事 |
[37:50] | I teach him about Abraham Lincoln and Ronnie Van Zant… | 我和他讲亚伯拉罕林肯和罗尼·凡赞 |
[37:54] | because in my house, they are both of equal importance. | 因为在我家 他们同样重要 |
[37:59] | You don’t get what I’m saying. | 你不明白我在说什么 |
[38:02] | You can’t be buddies with your own son. | 你不能和你自己的儿子做哥们儿 |
[38:20] | Beautiful night. Does it ever cool off? | 好美的夜晚 会转凉吗 |
[38:24] | No, this time of year, it’s hotter than the hinges of hell. | 不 一年里的这个时间 比火烤着还热 |
[38:28] | We got stars, though. | 不过 有星星 |
[38:43] | Gotta say I’m surprised your mom didn’t make it. | 我想说我很奇怪你妈妈没能来 |
[38:47] | Yeah, she’s pretty broken up. | 是 她受的打击很大 |
[38:49] | She sends her love to everybody, though. | 不过 她让我向大家问好 |
[38:52] | Yeah. I don’t blame her. | 是 我没怪她 |
[38:55] | Around here, their favorite thing to do is to get offended by something small… | 在这里 他们最喜欢做的事就是为点小事而生气 |
[38:59] | and hold on to it for 50 years. | 并且扛上个50年 |
[39:02] | Of course, you and your dad were close. | 当然 你和你爸爸很亲近 |
[39:05] | Very close. And I knew him very, very well. | 非常亲近 我非常 非常了解他 |
[39:09] | He was my dad. | 他是我爸爸 |
[39:11] | We were actually going to drive here together this year. | 本来今年我们打算一起开车来这里的 |
[39:15] | Then it became next year and no. | 结果改成了明年 不行 |
[39:21] | I knew him very well. Very, very well. | 我非常了解他 非常非常了解他 |
[39:24] | Very well. | 非常了解 |
[39:26] | Yeah, I don’t know my dad very well, either. | 是 我也不很了解我爸爸 |
[39:30] | That was my band. | 那是我的乐队 |
[39:33] | This was the show we opened for Lynyrd fucking Skynyrd. | 那场演出是我们为林纳·史金纳开场 |
[39:39] | -Two of the original members. -Cool. | -原来成员中的两人 -好棒 |
[39:45] | Ruckus. | 噪音乐团 |
[39:49] | Keep going. | 再往下看 |
[39:50] | Keep going. | 再往下看 |
[39:52] | Right below the reggae tribute. Look at that. | 就在雷鬼致敬下面 瞧瞧 |
[39:57] | Ruckus. | 噪音乐团 |
[39:58] | Well, we almost opened for them. | 我们差点为他们作开场演出 |
[40:01] | It’s a really long story. We never played, and we never played since. | 说来话长 那以后我们没有再演出过再没有演出过 |
[40:07] | And now you fix computers. | 现在你维修电脑 |
[40:11] | All those postcards I sent to Birmingham | 我从阿姆斯特丹 |
[40:16] | All the way from those windows of Amsterdam | 回到家乡伯明翰 |
[40:23] | Copped a gram from Dapper Sam | 路上哈了几管烟 |
[40:27] | Just a four letter man in another jam | 还跟好友玩乐团 |
[41:30] | Welcome to the Louisville Brown Hotel. How long will you be staying with us? | 欢迎入住路易斯威尔布朗酒店 你要在我们这里住过久 |
[41:34] | Two nights. | 两晚 |
[41:35] | That coupon I have not seen. | 那张优惠券我没见过 |
[41:38] | You with the Hasboro Wedding? Chuck and Cindy? | 你是参加哈斯伯洛家婚礼的吗 查克和辛迪 |
[41:41] | I’m leaving Friday. | 我周五退房 |
[41:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:45] | Put it on my company card. Let it rip. | 记在我的公司卡上 不用担心 |
[42:01] | We’re not married yet. | 我们还没结婚 |
[42:04] | Hey, Rebecca. | 雷蓓卡 |
[42:06] | Don’t change the schedule or Cindy will freak out! | 别改时间否则辛迪会抓狂的 |
[42:09] | She’s been planning this for a year. | 她已经计划了一年了 |
[42:12] | Don’t forget, there’s a rehearsal dinner in… | 别忘了 有个婚礼预演聚餐在 |
[42:26] | Chuck and Cindy. | 查克和辛迪 |
[42:40] | Lovin’life. | 美好人生 |
[42:46] | Heather? Pick up, sis. I’m exhausted. | 希瑟 接电话 妹妹 我累死了 |
[42:48] | I’m at the Brown Hotel in Louisville. Call me on the cell. | 我住在路易斯威尔的布朗酒店 打我手机 |
[42:53] | Hey, Mom, are you there? | 妈妈 你在吗 |
[43:00] | Ellen. Hey, it’s Drew. Are you there? | 艾伦 我是德鲁 你在吗 |
[43:06] | Call me back. | 给我回电 |
[43:09] | Somebody call me back. | 谁给我回电 |
[43:22] | That’s what happens to a man when he lets a woman take over, George! | 这就是男人让女人接管的下场 乔治 |
[43:27] | You listen hard, laughing boy. | 你听好了 开心鬼 |
[43:37] | Did you bring the stuff? | 你把东西带来了吗 |
[43:42] | No, Blinky, no! | 没有 布林奇 没有 |
[43:44] | Here’s a knife that you’ll really like. This is my chef’s knife. | 这有把刀你肯定会喜欢 这是我的厨刀 |
[43:48] | These knives are really razor sharp! | 这些刀真的是象剃刀一样锋利 |
[43:53] | Claire Colburn. It’s Drew Baylor. | 克莱尔 科尔本 我是德鲁 ·贝勒 |
[43:56] | You don’t have to call me back. It’s… | 你不用给我回电 我 |
[44:00] | It’s all good. | 我一切都很好 |
[44:01] | What am I saying? I don’t even say, It’s all good. | 我在说什么 我从来不说 我一切都很好 |
[44:04] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[44:14] | Yello. | 喂 |
[44:15] | You have to come home. | 你一定得回家来 |
[44:16] | Mom has decided that she wants to learn to cook. | 妈妈已经决定她要学烧菜 |
[44:19] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[44:20] | I’ll be home soon. | 我马上回来 |
[44:22] | Have you cried yet? | 你哭了吗 |
[44:25] | A little. | 一点点 |
[44:26] | When it happens, it’s gonna be for days. | 开始的话 要好几天呢 |
[44:28] | You should come home. She’s out of control. | 你得回家来 她失去控制了 |
[44:31] | Wait a second. I’ll be right back. | 等一下 稍等片刻 |
[44:32] | -Please come home. -Hello? | -快回家来 -喂 |
[44:34] | Great to hear from you. I didn’t expect for you to call. | 很高兴接到你的电话 没想到你会打给我 |
[44:37] | Then again, I did leave a few thousand numbers. | 不过 我确实留过几千次号码了 |
[44:40] | It’s Claire Colburn. American Airlines. | 我是克莱尔 科尔本 美国航空 |
[44:42] | -Claire. Can I call you right back? -I’ll hold. | -克莱尔 你可以一会儿打给你吗 -我不挂 |
[44:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[44:46] | -Hello. -Please come home. | -喂 -回家来吧 |
[44:49] | I want to learn to cook, I want to learn to laugh… | 我想要学烧菜 我想要学会笑 |
[44:53] | and I want to tap dance. | 我想要跳踢踏舞 |
[44:54] | It will be my salvation. | 这将是我的救赎 |
[44:56] | She won’t stop moving, Drew! | 她不肯停下来 德鲁 |
[44:59] | Heather, we need a decision here. | 希瑟 我们这里需要作决定 |
[45:01] | What’s your opinion on the whole burial issue? | 你对整个殡葬的事是什么意见 |
[45:03] | Because there’s a lot of people here with big opinions! | 因为这里有很多人 主意都很大 |
[45:05] | And there’s a problem with the blue suit that I can’t put my finger on… | 还有那件蓝西装也麻烦 我连碰一下都不能 |
[45:09] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[45:10] | How you doing, Mom? | 你好吗 妈妈 |
[45:12] | Great. I’m great. We are gonna make it! | 好极了 我好极了 我们会成功的 |
[45:15] | -Hello. -Drew, it’s Ellen. You called me? | -喂 -德鲁 我是艾伦 你给我打电话了 |
[45:18] | Ellen. | 艾伦 |
[45:19] | Ellen? Ellen, thank you for calling me back! | 艾伦 艾伦 谢谢你回电 |
[45:23] | I’m so happy you called. | 我很高兴你能打来 |
[45:26] | Could you just hold on one second? | 你能等一下吗 |
[45:28] | -Hello? -You need to come home, Drew. | -喂 -你得回家 德鲁 |
[45:30] | I’ll be right back. Hello? | 我马上回来 喂 |
[45:32] | Drew. | 德鲁 |
[45:33] | Ellen, I called you about that silly goodbye. | 艾伦 我打给你是为了那个傻傻的再见 |
[45:37] | Could you hold on forjust one second? | 你能等一下吗 |
[45:39] | Yeah, but I’m actually on my way out to dinner. | 好 不过我其实正准备出去吃饭 |
[45:40] | Just hold a second. | 就等一会儿 |
[45:42] | -Can we…I’m just in the middle of… | -我们可以 -我正在 |
[45:43] | -See, I’ve gotta…Ellen. | -听着 我得 -艾伦 |
[45:44] | -Just call me later, okay? -Don’t go. | -等下打给我 好吗 -别挂 |
[45:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[45:50] | Hello. | 喂 |
[45:51] | -Hello, stranger. -Claire, hold on. | -喂 陌生人 -克莱尔 等等 |
[45:53] | Here’s what’s great about the Nashville airport. | 这就是纳什维尔机场的好处 |
[45:56] | I just wanted to call you and thank you. | 我只是想打电话给你说声感谢 |
[45:57] | So, you know, goodbye, thank you and… | 所以 你知道 再见 谢谢 |
[45:58] | -I’ll hold. -Okay. | -我不挂 -好吧 |
[46:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[46:01] | Cremated, don’t you agree? | 火葬吧 你不同意吗 |
[46:03] | Heather, they really love him here. | 希瑟 他们这里真的很爱他 |
[46:06] | They’re not buying cremation. They don’t even acknowledge the word. | 他们不喜欢火葬 他们甚至不承认这个字眼 |
[46:09] | But I need to call you right back. | 不过我得等会再打给你 |
[46:11] | Is there anything more important than the conversation we’re having? | 还有什么比我们在谈的事更重要吗 |
[46:14] | I will call you right back. | 我等会再打给你 |
[46:16] | No problem. Just dial hell and I’ll answer. | 没问题 打到 地狱 我会接的 |
[46:19] | I’ll call you right back. | 我等会再打给你 |
[46:24] | I miss Dad. | 我想爸爸 |
[46:28] | Was he a fun guy? | 他是个风趣的人吗 |
[46:31] | Of course he was a fun guy. | 他当然是个风趣的人 |
[46:33] | Especially in the last few years when you got so busy. | 尤其是在你变得忙忙碌碌的最近这几年 |
[46:39] | I’ll call you right back. | 我等会再打给你 |
[46:44] | -I know you’re late for dinner. -I am late. | -我知道你吃饭要迟了 -我已经迟了 |
[46:47] | -I’m in Kentucky. -Drew. | -我在肯塔基州 -德鲁 |
[46:50] | It was real and it was great, and it was really great. | 一切都是真实的 非常美好 真的很美好 |
[46:55] | Call me anytime, okay? Goodbye. | 随时打给我 好吗 再见 |
[46:59] | It’s just goodbye, you know? | 就只是再见 你知道吗 |
[47:01] | It’s not goodbye. It’s just goodbye. | 不是那种 再见 就只是再见 |
[47:04] | Take care. | 保重 |
[47:06] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[47:09] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[47:22] | Hello? | 喂 |
[47:23] | Good Lord. Did I win the phone lottery? | 老天爷 我是不是赢了电话彩票了 |
[47:26] | Tell me about the Nashville airport. | 和我说说纳什维尔机场 |
[47:29] | I’m over it. I’m actually almost home now. | 我已经出来了 实际上我差不多已经到家了 |
[47:32] | Were the roads as hellish as I told you? | 路是不是像我告诉你的那么难找 |
[47:35] | Claire, my dad’s dead. | 克莱尔 我爸爸死了 |
[47:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:44] | You knew? | 你早知道 |
[47:47] | I don’t know a lot about everything… | 我并非无所不知 |
[47:49] | but I do know a lot about the part of everything that I know… | 不过我对我所了解的部分知道得很多 |
[47:52] | which is people. | 那就是人 |
[47:54] | And I thought I was so mysterious. | 我还以为我很神秘 |
[47:57] | Trust me, everybody is less mysterious than they think they are. | 相信我 所有人都不像他们自以为的那么神秘 |
[48:03] | And they all know me, and I don’t know any ofthem… | 他们都认识我 我不认识他们任何人 |
[48:06] | and I had never seen a dead body before. | 我以前从没见过尸体 |
[48:09] | To have never taken a solitary road trip across country? | 从来没有在乡间独自开车旅行 |
[48:12] | I mean, everybody’s gotta take a road trip at least once in their lives. | 我是说 每个人在一生中都应该至少进行一次公路旅行 |
[48:17] | Just you and some music. | 只有你和音乐 |
[48:18] | You have no idea of the sheer volume of my cousin’s kid when he cries. | 你不知道我堂哥孩子哭起来的嗓门都多大 |
[48:23] | I mean, I think there is definitely a higher spirit. | 我是说 我认为灵魂绝对存在 |
[48:26] | But I agree, what’s left behind finally… | 但是我承认 最后剩下的 |
[48:28] | are the impressions you made on people. | 就只有你给人们留下的印象 |
[48:32] | More important is to know where to go. | 重要的是知道要去哪里 |
[48:36] | You haven’t traveled at all, have you? | 你从没有出过远门 对吗 |
[48:39] | I just recently decided that things really are black and white. | 我最近刚刚认定 所有的事情其实是黑白分明的 |
[48:42] | And so, we all became helpers. | 所以 我们都只是帮手 |
[48:45] | Which I still can’t help. I can’t help helping. | 我还是忍不住 忍不住要帮忙 |
[48:49] | Okay, I’ll drive back home. At least part of the way. | 好吧 我会开车回家 至少开一段 |
[48:52] | I will take a road trip. | 我会来一次公路旅行 |
[48:54] | I was actually gonna go with Mitch next year. | 我本来打算明年和米彻去的 |
[48:56] | Why am I calling him Mitch? | 我干嘛叫他米彻 |
[48:58] | I spend so much time thinking about all the answers to the problem… | 我花了这么多时间在想问题的所有答案 |
[49:02] | that I forget what the problem actually was. | 结果却忘了问题到底是什么 |
[49:04] | If you’re smart, you’ll just wear your shoes and never ask any questions. | 如果你够聪明 你会穿上你的鞋 什么问题也不问 |
[49:07] | Just enjoy your footwear. | 只管享受你的鞋 |
[49:08] | Do you everjust think, I’m fooling everybody ? | 你有没有认为 我是在耍大家 |
[49:12] | You have no idea. | 你不知道 |
[49:14] | Men see things in a box. | 男人喜欢在盒子里看问题 |
[49:17] | And women see them in a round room. | 而女人喜欢在圆屋里看问题 |
[49:20] | Look at this. He was so young here. | 瞧这个 这里他还很年轻 |
[49:27] | My mom. | 我妈妈 |
[49:30] | Not the one they wanted him to marry. | 不是他们想要他娶的人 |
[49:33] | They met in an elevator. | 他们是在电梯里相遇的 |
[49:35] | I think I’ve been asleep most of my life. | 我看我大辈子都在打盹了 |
[49:40] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[50:05] | Good Lord! | 老天爷 |
[50:22] | Do you want to have a beer over the phone? | 你想要在电话里来杯啤酒吗 |
[50:40] | Chuck and Cindy. | 查克和辛迪 |
[50:42] | Cindy and Chuck. | 辛迪和查克 |
[50:49] | I am currently stealing… | 我现在在偷 |
[50:52] | Chuck and Cindy’s wedding beer. | 查克和辛迪的结婚啤酒 |
[51:01] | You’re a friend of Chuck’s, right? | 你是查克的朋友 是吗 |
[51:04] | -Yes. -No, you’re not. I’m Chuck. | -是的 -不 你不是 我就是查克 |
[51:08] | Of Chuck and Cindy? | 就是查克和辛迪的那个查克 |
[51:10] | -Is that Chuck? -It’s Chuck. | -是查克吗 -是查克 |
[51:13] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[51:15] | Drew Baylor. Your neighbor. | 德鲁 ·贝勒 你的邻居 |
[51:18] | -You’re here for my wedding? -No. | -你是来参加我的婚礼的吗 -不 |
[51:20] | Business? | 来出差 |
[51:22] | My dad died. I’m here for his funeral. | 我爸爸死了 我来参加他的葬礼 |
[51:26] | I’m sorry. I can’t… | 对不起 我不能 |
[51:30] | -That’s hard. -It is hard, yeah. | -很难挨 -是的 很难挨 |
[51:35] | -No, no, please. -Shit! | -不 不 不要 -胡扯 |
[51:37] | Please, no. No, no, Chuck. No, Chuck. | 不要 不 不 查克 不 查克 |
[51:41] | Chuck, please. | 查克 拜托 |
[51:52] | Death and life and death and life. | 死和生 生和死 |
[51:55] | Right next door to each other! | 彼此就在隔壁住 |
[51:58] | There’s a hair between them. | 两者只是一线之差 |
[52:11] | We’re here for the next three days. lfthere’s anything I can do for you… | 我们还要在这里住三天 如果有什么我可以为你做的话 |
[52:19] | Chuck Hasboro. | 查克 哈斯伯洛 |
[52:22] | Hi, Claire. | 你好 克莱尔 |
[52:23] | Look, ifthere’s anything I can do for you guys, okay? Anything. | 听着 只要有什么我可以帮你们 好吗 任何事情 |
[52:28] | Thank you, Chuck. | 谢谢你 查克 |
[52:30] | I love you, Claire. | 我爱你 克莱尔 |
[52:38] | Okay. | 好了 |
[52:41] | It’s all about family, bro. | 这就是亲情 哥们 |
[52:44] | Thank you, Chuck. | 谢谢 查克 |
[53:14] | But they say it will hit you. | 不过人家说你会突然间有一种感觉 |
[53:16] | It could be 10 minutes or it could be 10 years from now. | 也许是10分钟或者也许是10年后 |
[53:19] | So it’s good that you talk about it, or don’t talk about it. | 所以你说出来会很好 或者干脆不要说 |
[53:22] | Well, we have talked about it, but that’s what they say. | 我们已经在说了 不过人家就是这么说的 |
[53:27] | That’s what they say, huh? | 人家就是这么说的 对吗 |
[53:29] | Yes, that’s what they say. | 是的 人家就是这么说的 |
[53:31] | I’ve always wondered this. Who are they ? | 我一直在想这个问题 人家 是谁 |
[53:35] | You know, them. | 你知道 人家 |
[53:38] | Them. | 人家 |
[53:39] | The inimitable collective them. | 举世无双的集合 人家 |
[53:42] | And who says we’re supposed to listen to them? | 谁说我非得听人家的 |
[53:45] | They do! | 人家说的 |
[53:50] | Doesn’t your ear hurt? | 你的耳朵疼了吗 |
[53:52] | Yes, it does. | 是的 |
[53:54] | Andl have to get up in two hours and be charming. | 我两小时后就得起床了还得神采奕奕 |
[53:57] | I’m going to Hawaii. | 我要去夏威夷 |
[54:00] | You’ll get there and have fun. | 你去了那里 要好好玩 |
[54:02] | I’ll get there and sleep. | 我去了那里 会好好睡 |
[54:04] | It’s just a little vacation I traded routes for… | 这只是我交换路线换来的一次小假期 |
[54:17] | I’ll let you go. | 我该放你走了 |
[54:19] | Wait. | 等等 |
[54:23] | When will you be back? | 你什么时候回来 |
[54:28] | Hello. | 喂 |
[54:34] | You still there? | 你还在吗 |
[54:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[54:40] | I’m just wondering ifthis whole thing is better on the phone. | 我只是在想这整件事是否保持在电话上更好 |
[54:44] | You’re so much better on the phone. | 你在电话里要好很多 |
[54:47] | Maybe we should never face each other again. | 也许我们应该再也不碰面 |
[54:51] | I enjoyed this. | 我很喜欢这样 |
[54:57] | Hey, you’re only 45 minutes away. | 你还剩45分钟了 |
[55:02] | You want to meet halfway and see the sunrise? | 你想要半路相遇 然后一起看日出吗 |
[55:05] | At this point, it’s probably easier to stay up. | 在这个时候 还不如醒着不睡了 |
[55:11] | You think so? | 你这么认为吗 |
[55:12] | I think that’s what they say. | 我想人家就是这么说的 |
[55:21] | Hey, you still with me? | 你还在听我讲吗 |
[55:23] | Yeah, I’m still here. | 是 我还在 |
[55:28] | -Take exit 43. -Okay. | -走43号出口 -好 |
[55:52] | I see your headlights. | 我看见你的车灯了 |
[55:59] | I see your red hat. | 我看见你的红帽子了 |
[56:01] | There you are. | 看见你了 |
[56:33] | Hello. | 喂 |
[56:49] | Should we hang up now? | 我们现在该挂了吗 |
[56:56] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[57:05] | We peaked on the phone. | 我们的最佳状态是在电话里 |
[57:06] | -Yeah, I’m a little tired. -Yeah, me too. | -是 我有点累了 -我也是 |
[57:22] | Last looks. | 告别的目光 |
[57:30] | Have fun in Hawaii. | 在夏威夷玩得开心 |
[57:34] | There’s one right now. | 此刻就有这样的目光 |
[57:36] | Aloha. | 阿罗哈(夏威夷语 再见) |
[57:40] | Aloha. | 阿罗哈 |
[57:59] | You will not defeat me. | 你战胜不了我 |
[58:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[58:14] | Mom, are you sure? | 妈妈 你肯定吗 |
[58:16] | Are you sure about the…Are you sure about the cremation? | 你肯定要 你肯定要火葬 |
[58:20] | Honey, I don’t know when I’m going to crash… | 亲爱的 我不知道我什么时候会崩溃 |
[58:22] | but as of right now, we are learning about the car… | 不过此刻 我们在学修车 |
[58:25] | and I’m learning organic cooking, I’m gonna tap dance… | 我在学有机烹调 我要去跳踢踏舞 |
[58:29] | and later on today, I am going to fix the toilet. | 今天晚些时候 我要修马桶 |
[58:32] | It is five minutes at a time. | 每次五分钟 |
[58:34] | Do you all know about out in California… | 你们大家知道在加州 |
[58:36] | how many people they cremate out there? | 那儿有多少人是火葬的吗 |
[58:38] | -No. How many? -80%, I read. | -不知道 有多少 -80% 我看到过 |
[58:40] | -Get out! -I’m not kidding you. | -出去 -我不是和你们开玩笑 |
[58:42] | Mom, I think you need to slow down. | 妈妈 我觉得你应该放慢节奏 |
[58:45] | Look, everybody tells me that I should take sedatives… | 每个人都告诉我我应该服镇静剂 |
[58:47] | but, hey, I am out here and I’m making things happen. | 可是 我挺过来了 我样样都做到了 |
[58:50] | All forward motion counts. | 每前进的一步都会得到收获 |
[58:51] | Sweetheart, when are you coming back? | 甜心 你什么时候回来 |
[58:53] | There’s a memorial this Saturday. | 这个周六有个追悼会 |
[58:55] | Okay. And who’s there helping you plan all of this, sweetheart? | 好 谁在那里帮你计划一切 甜心 |
[58:58] | Uncle Dale and Bill Banyon. | 戴尔叔叔和比尔·班农 |
[59:03] | Bill Banyon is there? | 比尔·班农在那里 |
[59:06] | -Bill Banyon? -Yeah. | -比尔·班农 -是 |
[59:07] | He isacon man. | 他是个骗子 |
[59:08] | He swindled your father out of thousands of dollars. | 他骗走了你爸爸的几千美金 |
[59:11] | Seventeen years ago, he did something… | 十七年前 他所做的事 |
[59:12] | which almost ruined this family to its very core. | 几乎把这个家彻底地毁了 |
[59:15] | Mother… | 妈妈 |
[59:16] | Wrapping himself in the nobility of your father’s memory. | 装模作样来给你爸爸办丧事 |
[59:19] | -Boy, he’s getting an earful. -Boy, I’ll tell you. | -他的耳朵都该听出茧了 -谁说不是呢 |
[59:21] | Mother! Listen! Focus! | 妈妈 听着 讲重点 |
[59:24] | Beware. | 当心 |
[59:25] | I know it’s all very charming with the pickled things in jars… | 我知道坛坛罐罐里的腌菜很不错 |
[59:28] | and the Southern charm and the hams that hang in the garage… | 还有南方的魅力挂在车库里的火腿肉 |
[59:31] | until they’re so covered with mold you could grow penicillin on them… | 等到发了霉 你都可以在里面种上青霉素 |
[59:34] | Are you sure about the cremation? | 你肯定要火葬吗 |
[59:36] | If Bill Banyon is there, definitely cremation! | 如果比尔·班农在那里 绝对要火葬 |
[59:39] | And you tell Bill Banyon, I’ll be there. | 你去告诉比尔·班农 我会来 |
[59:47] | Hello. | 喂 |
[59:48] | Aloha. | 阿罗哈 |
[59:50] | I talked to my friend, Kendra… | 我问了我的朋友肯德拉 |
[59:52] | who had a girlfriend with a kid who is exceedingly loud like Samson… | 她有一个女友带着一个孩子和萨姆森一样爱尖叫 |
[59:56] | and she’s given me a videotape that works absolute miracles. | 她给了我一盘录像带非常管用的 |
[1:00:01] | Hey, thanks, Claire. | 谢谢 克莱尔 |
[1:00:04] | What, you’re already tired of me? | 什么 你已经烦我了 |
[1:00:06] | I just haven’t slept. I’m sorry. | 我只是还没睡呢 对不起 |
[1:00:10] | How’s Hawaii? | 夏威夷怎么样 |
[1:00:13] | Well, I’m checking out this cute guy. | 我正在看着这个帅哥 |
[1:00:18] | Why are you telling me that? | 你干嘛告诉我这个 |
[1:00:27] | How could I leave you in distress? | 我怎么能留你一个人伤心呢 |
[1:00:31] | I’m taking you out. | 我带你出去 |
[1:00:36] | -I thought you were in Hawaii. -What’s this? | -我还以为你在夏威夷 -这是什么 |
[1:00:38] | When cremation is your preference. | 假如您选择了火葬 |
[1:00:41] | I just got some brochures I want you all to look at. | 我有一些册子我希望你们能看看 |
[1:00:43] | And these are some choice of urns… | 这里是一些骨灰盒的款式 |
[1:00:46] | available here at the Cave Hill Cemetery. | 都可以在洞穴山公墓买到 |
[1:00:48] | You can take them home and… | 你们可以把它们带回家 |
[1:00:53] | You can look at those brochures and… | 你们可以看看那些册子 |
[1:00:57] | Y’all can look at those, take those home with you. | 你们都可以看看 可以带回家 |
[1:01:00] | Whatever makes you happy. | 只要你们喜欢 |
[1:01:13] | We are shopping for an urn. | 我们要买一个骨灰盒 |
[1:01:32] | And you can pick this up tomorrow immediately following the procedure. | 您办完这个手续后 明天就可以来取 |
[1:01:51] | The Jim Morrison of Kentucky. | 肯塔基州的吉姆莫里森(肯德基创始人) |
[1:02:38] | You’re kind of great, Claire. You do know that. | 你真的很棒 克莱尔 你应该知道 |
[1:02:42] | -Sort of amazing, even. -Oh, come on! | -几乎有点令人吃惊 -拜托 |
[1:02:45] | -I don’t need an ice cream cone. -It’s not an ice cream cone. | -我才不要冰淇淋甜筒 -不是冰淇淋甜筒 |
[1:02:50] | What’s an ice cream cone? | 什么冰淇淋甜筒 |
[1:02:52] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[1:02:54] | Here’s a little something to make you happy. | 这里有点东西可以让你开心 |
[1:02:56] | Something sweet that melts in five minutes. | 甜甜的 五分钟后就会化 |
[1:03:00] | I’m completely cool with anything you want to say or not say. | 你想说什么或不想说什么 我完全无所谓 |
[1:03:04] | I don’t need it. | 我不需要这个 |
[1:03:06] | Besides, Ben is coming in tomorrow. | 另外 本明天会来 |
[1:03:12] | -Do you want to hear my theory? -Of course. | -你想要听听我的理论吗 -当然 |
[1:03:16] | You and I have a special talent, and I saw it immediately. | 你和我有种特殊的才能 我一眼就看出来了 |
[1:03:21] | Tell me. | 说来听听 |
[1:03:22] | We’re the substitute people. | 我们是替代品 |
[1:03:25] | The substitute people. | 替代品 |
[1:03:27] | I’ve been the substitute person my whole life. | 我这一辈子都在当替代品 |
[1:03:30] | I’m not an Ellen. I never wanted to be an Ellen. | 我不是艾伦 我从来不想变成艾伦 |
[1:03:34] | And I’m not a Cindy, either. Although Chucks love me. | 我也不是辛迪 尽管查克爱我 |
[1:03:39] | I’m sure they do. | 这一点我肯定 |
[1:03:41] | I like being alone too much. | 我太喜欢独处 |
[1:03:43] | I mean, I’m with a guy who’s married to his academic career. | 我是说 我交往的人是个和学术研究结婚的人 |
[1:03:47] | I rarely see him. And I’m the substitute person there. | 我很少见他 我在那里是个替代品 |
[1:03:51] | I like it that way. It’s a lot less pressure. | 我喜欢这样 压力会少很多 |
[1:03:56] | Here. | 给 |
[1:03:59] | Play this for the loudest kid in the world. | 把它放给世界上最吵的孩子看吧 |
[1:04:03] | I’m not used to girls like you. | 我不太习惯和你这样的女孩相处 |
[1:04:06] | That’s because I’m one of a kind. | 那是因为我是独一无二的 |
[1:04:08] | You don’t have to make a joke. | 你不用非得讲笑话 |
[1:04:11] | I like you without the jokes. | 我喜欢不讲笑话的你 |
[1:04:18] | Get some sleep. | 好好睡一觉吧 |
[1:04:20] | I have a personnel interview tomorrow morning… | 我明天早上有个面试 |
[1:04:23] | and if I get transferred, Ben will die. | 如果我换了工作 本会死的 |
[1:04:59] | Didn’t it just feel better… | 我们这样是不是感觉很好 |
[1:05:02] | that we just didn’t do something impulsive? | 没有做什么冲动的事 |
[1:05:04] | -I mean…-Yes. | -我是说 -是的 |
[1:05:08] | Now we actually have a shot at being friends… | 我们现在实际上正尝试着做朋友 |
[1:05:11] | for the rest of our lives. | 一辈子的朋友 |
[1:05:17] | The rest of our lives. | 一辈子 |
[1:05:26] | Okay, now for the celebration proper we got the military bands… | 好了 现在说到像样的仪式 我们有了军乐队 |
[1:05:30] | the right mix of seven speakers, no crybabies… | 七位发言人的恰当组合 不要找爱哭的人 |
[1:05:33] | It’s official. Paul, Doug and Rick are flying in from Florida. | 千真万确 保罗 道格和里克会从佛罗里达州飞回来 |
[1:05:35] | Ruckus will reunite for this one evening. | 罗克思在这晚要重组 |
[1:05:43] | How we doing on balloons? | 气球准备得怎么样了 |
[1:05:44] | I sent to Balloon City, I got a bunch ofthem. | 我让人去了气球城 买了一捆 |
[1:05:46] | And, Drew, my casket did come in from Lexington… | 德鲁 我从莱克星顿订的棺材已经运到了 |
[1:05:49] | and I got to tell you, it’s quite beautiful. | 我告诉你 真的很漂亮 |
[1:05:52] | Look, Drew, I am getting the question constantly, okay? | 瞧 德鲁 我一直想问一个问题 可以吗 |
[1:05:55] | Why isn’t he buried in Elizabethtown? | 为什么他不葬在伊丽莎白镇 |
[1:06:00] | It’s not an insult to anybody here. | 这并非是要冒犯这里的任何人 |
[1:06:03] | Well, is there such a thing as partial cremation? | 好了 可不可以部分火葬呢 |
[1:06:06] | Bill Banyon, how can you even say such a thing? | 比尔·班农 你怎么能说出这样的话 |
[1:06:13] | I know you all love my dad. | 我知道你们都很爱我爸爸 |
[1:06:15] | You can’t dismiss my mother’s wishes. | 但你们不能不考虑我母亲的愿望 |
[1:06:18] | And we’re not from California. | 还有我们也不住在加州 |
[1:06:20] | Jessie, can you do something about your son? | 杰西 你能不能管管你儿子 |
[1:06:24] | Yeah. All right. | 好吧 |
[1:06:25] | A couple of good ass-kickings might be in line. | 好好踢他屁股几脚大概就听话了 |
[1:06:28] | I think what Charles Dean wants to say… | 我认为查尔斯牧师的意思是 |
[1:06:30] | I know what he’s saying. | 我明白他的意思 |
[1:06:39] | You all have different versions of him that you love a lot. | 你们都很爱他 但你们眼中的他也各不相同 |
[1:06:44] | This is ours. | 而这是我们的看法 |
[1:06:48] | My family’s record of the last thing he said on the subject. | 我的家人听他讲过他的意见 |
[1:06:52] | That’s the plan. | 计划就是这样 |
[1:06:54] | That is the way it’s going to be, guys. | 我们就应该这么去做 |
[1:06:57] | Sprinkled at sea! | 撒入大海 |
[1:06:59] | Samson… | 萨姆森 |
[1:07:01] | And that’s the decision from California. | 那是来自加州的决定 |
[1:07:07] | Shit. Oregon. | 见鬼 是俄勒冈州 |
[1:07:13] | We really are from Oregon. | 我们真的是来自俄勒冈州 |
[1:07:17] | Don’t make me come spank you. Leave him alone! | 别叫我要来打你屁股 随他去吧 |
[1:07:27] | Jessie, I have something for you. | 杰西 我有东西给你 |
[1:07:33] | Samson, we’re gonna watch this. | 萨姆森 我们来看看这个 |
[1:07:40] | One second. | 一秒钟 |
[1:07:51] | Hi. My name’s Rusty. | 你好 我的名字叫拉斯提 |
[1:07:56] | I helped build this house a long time ago. | 很久以前我帮忙造了这幢房子 |
[1:07:58] | But wood-eating insects called termites… | 不过一种叫做白蚁的会吃木头的虫子 |
[1:08:01] | have compromised the integrity of this once fine structure. | 已经危及这所曾经牢固的建筑的安全 |
[1:08:04] | What’s that sound? | 那是什么声音 |
[1:08:05] | So today, I’m gonna blow it up. | 所以今天 我要把它炸掉 |
[1:08:12] | Silence. | 静下来了 |
[1:08:14] | Now… | 现在 |
[1:08:16] | ifl blow this house up… | 如果我把这幢房子炸掉 |
[1:08:19] | will you promise to behave and mind your mommy and daddy? | 你愿意答应我要守规矩 听你爸妈的话吗 |
[1:08:24] | Yes! | 愿意 |
[1:08:38] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:08:40] | Let’s blow it up. | 我们来把它炸掉 |
[1:08:49] | Joe, we ready to go? | 乔 我们可以开始了吗 |
[1:08:50] | Yeah, Rusty, light it up. | 是的 拉斯提 点火吧 |
[1:08:56] | Fire in the hole! | 马上要炸了 |
[1:08:58] | Three… | 三 |
[1:09:01] | two… | 二 |
[1:09:03] | one. | 一 |
[1:09:26] | Now, let’s build a new house. | 现在 我们再来造一幢新房子 |
[1:09:38] | Thank you for taking an interest in Jessie. | 谢谢 你对杰西的关心 |
[1:09:55] | Feels good, doesn’t it? | 感觉不错 是吗 |
[1:09:57] | It’s like Mitch is here. | 就像米彻还在这里 |
[1:10:02] | I can see Mitch right now, so proud… | 我现在可以看到米彻 这么自豪地 |
[1:10:06] | in that blue suit. | 穿着那件蓝西装 |
[1:10:09] | Can’t you? | 你们看不到吗 |
[1:10:37] | Stop the cremation! | 不要火葬 |
[1:10:42] | Stop the cremation! | 不要火葬 |
[1:10:45] | -Stop the cremation! -What the hell’s going on, man? | -不要火葬 -到底怎么了 小伙子 |
[1:10:48] | Hold on. Wait right here. | 等等 就在这里等着 |
[1:11:06] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:11:17] | Here’s your dad, man. | 这是你爸爸 |
[1:12:09] | I agree with her. | 我同意她的意见 |
[1:12:10] | It takes a year and a half to plan a wedding properly. | 要好好地筹备婚礼 得花上个一年半 |
[1:12:13] | It does… | 是的 |
[1:12:15] | -Are you serious? -Yes. | -你是说真的吗 -是的 |
[1:12:17] | This is Claire. I feel like I’ve known her my whole life. | 这是克莱尔 我感觉我认识她已经很久了 |
[1:12:20] | He was at my door last night yelling, Cindy, you get out here. | 昨晚他在我门前大喊 辛迪 你快出来 |
[1:12:24] | And I was like, Chuck, not tonight! Not until we get married… | 我就说 查克 今晚不要 要等到我们结了婚 |
[1:12:32] | Is that… | 那是 |
[1:12:35] | Hey, Mitch. | 米彻 |
[1:12:40] | So, what happened to Ben? | 本怎么样了 |
[1:12:46] | There was a storm in Georgia. They grounded all the planes. | 乔治亚州有暴风雨所有的飞机都被迫降了 |
[1:12:51] | And he doesn’t like to fly. | 他不喜欢坐飞机 |
[1:12:52] | And now they want him to speak at some trustees event… | 现在他们要他在某个理事会议上发言 |
[1:12:55] | and trot out some big ideas. | 提出几个宏伟的想法来 |
[1:12:58] | Claire, I want to see you… | 克莱尔 我希望 |
[1:13:00] | on the tour of Maker’s Mark tomorrow at 10 : OO a. m. sharp. | 明天上午10点整参观波本威士忌工厂时可以见到你 |
[1:13:03] | -All right? -All right. | -好吗 -好的 |
[1:13:04] | I love this girl! | 我喜欢这女孩 |
[1:13:15] | You look great. | 你很漂亮 |
[1:13:17] | I’m a mess. | 我乱糟糟的 |
[1:13:19] | -You’re crazy, Claire. You look amazing. -Thank you. | -你疯了 克莱尔 你看起来真的很棒 -谢谢 |
[1:13:22] | And this dress… | 这条裙子 |
[1:13:24] | Did well on the personnel interview, though. | 倒是在面试时表现不错 |
[1:13:26] | Right. The interview. I forgot. | 对 面试 我都忘了 |
[1:13:31] | I know. I’m impossible to forget, but I’m hard to remember. | 我知道 我这个人不太忘得掉不过也挺难想得起来 |
[1:13:40] | Drew! Lovin’life, lovin’you. | 德鲁 爱生活 爱你 |
[1:13:45] | Hey, missed you at the rehearsal dinner. | 预演聚餐你没来 |
[1:13:53] | -Claire? -Yeah? | -克莱尔 -怎么 |
[1:13:55] | Let’s show Mitch the site of his memorial. | 我们带米彻去看看他追悼会的地方吧 |
[1:14:12] | Chuck and Cindy, the wedding! | 查克和辛迪的婚礼 |
[1:14:19] | Here you go, Dad. | 你呆在这里 爸爸 |
[1:14:26] | Welcome to the annual meeting ofpeople who… | 欢迎各位参加 |
[1:14:30] | annually meet! | 每年聚会的人们的年度聚会 |
[1:14:33] | -And we’ll see you all again next year. -Very nice. Come on. | -我们明年会再次见到大家 -很好 来吧 |
[1:14:39] | I’m just going to say right now what we’re not saying… | 现在我要讲出我们没讲的话 |
[1:14:41] | and let the chips fall, let the chips fall… | 顺其自然 顺其自然 |
[1:14:44] | let the chips fall where they may. | 顺其自然 |
[1:14:48] | Yes, I may be embarrassing myself, but I’m just going to say it. | 是的 我可能会让自己难堪 但是我一定要说出来 |
[1:14:57] | I like you! | 我喜欢你 |
[1:15:05] | What? | 什么 |
[1:15:06] | I think you should eat something. | 我想你该吃点东西了 |
[1:15:10] | I’ve been starving myself all week long! | 我已经饿了一星期了 |
[1:15:14] | -For Ben. -Man, I’m gonna eat. | -为了本 -我要大吃特吃 |
[1:15:16] | -We’ll eat in my room. -Room service? | -我们去我房间吃吧 -客房服务 |
[1:15:18] | I want cheese and cheese-related things. | 我想要吃奶酪以及和奶酪有关的东西 |
[1:15:22] | No, eggs and fries. With cheese on everything. | 不 鸡蛋薯条 全部加奶酪 |
[1:15:25] | -Cheese it is. -Cheese and Coca-Cola. | -绝对有奶酪 -奶酪和可乐 |
[1:15:29] | And don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[1:15:30] | Because as great as you look tonight, you are safe with me. | 因为你今晚这么美 你和我在一起才安全 |
[1:15:35] | Of course, it’s safe. It’s a full moon. | 当然安全 今天是满月 |
[1:15:40] | -I look good. -You do look good. | -我很美 -你确实很美 |
[1:15:43] | I’m wearing these clothes. I mean… | 我穿着这种衣服 我是说 |
[1:15:44] | Have you ever had unlucky clothes? | 你有没有过不吉利的衣服 |
[1:15:46] | This dress that you like? | 你喜欢的这条裙子 |
[1:15:48] | Good things have not happened to me in this dress. | 我穿着这条裙子从没碰见过好事 |
[1:15:50] | But I saw it tonight and I said | 不过我今晚看到它 我说 |
[1:15:53] | I’m gonna give you one more chance. | 我要再给你一次机会 |
[1:15:55] | And I refuse to be let down by this dress again. | 我拒绝再让这条裙子来扫我的兴 |
[1:16:01] | Anyway, forget all that. | 不管怎样 不提了 |
[1:16:04] | You’re here, and we’re together, and it’s a get-out-of-jail-free card. | 你来了 我们在一起这是一张逃出生天的卡片 |
[1:16:08] | It’s almost midnight. | 几乎到午夜了 |
[1:16:10] | Life cannot be so cruel that we don’t deserve to be together… | 人生不可能这么残酷 让我们无缘在一起 |
[1:16:14] | to eat. | 吃饭 |
[1:16:19] | -Hi, Chuck. -Hey, Cindy. | -你好 查克 -辛迪 |
[1:16:27] | Wait. Where’s Mitch? | 等等 米彻在哪里 |
[1:16:31] | I left him in the ballroom. | 我把他留在舞场了 |
[1:16:50] | I’m sorry Ben missed the flight. | 我很遗憾本没能坐上飞机 |
[1:16:55] | He forgot? | 他忘了 |
[1:16:58] | No storm in Georgia. No trustees. | 乔治亚没有暴风雨 没有什么理事会议 |
[1:17:03] | No big ideas. | 没有什么宏伟想法 |
[1:17:07] | -What a fucking jerk. -He’s not a jerk. | -他真他妈是个笨蛋 -他不是笨蛋 |
[1:17:09] | He’s a brilliant man who gives himself permission to be preoccupied. | 他是个有才华的人 他是自己让自己要全神贯注 |
[1:17:15] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:17:17] | You know, there is nothing greater than deciding in your life… | 你知道 没有什么想法可以胜过断定在你的生活中 |
[1:17:20] | that things maybe really are black and white! | 一切可能真的都是黑白分明 |
[1:17:23] | And this guy, Ben, who clearly takes you for granted… | 而这个家伙 本 显然不懂得珍惜你 |
[1:17:27] | who serially takes advantage of you, is bad! | 他一次次地不珍惜你 很差劲 |
[1:17:29] | And what I am saying is good. See what I mean? | 而我所说的话却很好 明白我的意思吗 |
[1:17:34] | You shouldn’t be the substitute for anybody. | 你不应该做任何人的替代品 |
[1:17:38] | This guy should be right here, right now, doing this. | 这家伙应该在此时此地 这么做 |
[1:17:55] | Maybe so. | 也许是这样 |
[1:18:00] | He’s lucky I’m not the right person for you. | 幸亏我不适合你 算他走运 |
[1:18:08] | I knowwhy it’s not you, but just tell me… | 我知道为什么不是你 不过说给我听听 |
[1:18:13] | so I can see it from your perspective. | 这样我就可以从你的角度来看 |
[1:18:18] | See, I know what you deserve. | 瞧 我知道你该得到什么 |
[1:18:23] | What do I deserve? | 我该得到什么 |
[1:18:27] | You deserve… | 你该得到 |
[1:18:33] | You deserve… | 你该得到 |
[1:18:39] | You deserve… | 你该得到 |
[1:18:48] | a guy who says | 一个男孩对你说 |
[1:18:53] | l can’t imagine a world without you. | 我无法想像世界中没有了你 |
[1:18:57] | We will start a winery when we are 70. | 等我们70岁的时候 我们要开个酒厂 |
[1:19:02] | We will snowboard every December, | 我们每年十二月份都会去滑雪 |
[1:19:03] | and one year take our kids. | 等到某一年还要带上我们的孩子 |
[1:19:09] | And we will always have the twin red Lexuses… | 我们将永远开着一对红色的凌志车 |
[1:19:11] | with the license plates reading Chuck and Cindy. | 牌照上写着 查克和辛迪 |
[1:19:17] | You deserve all this and more. | 你该得到所有这些 甚至更多 |
[1:19:22] | It’s not you, I know. | 不会是你 我知道 |
[1:19:39] | -Please don’t take this as rejection. -I really don’t. | -请不要把这当成拒绝 -我真的没有 |
[1:19:52] | Ben’s very lucky. All we did was kiss. | 本很幸运 我们只是接了吻 |
[1:19:57] | Most of the sex I’ve had in my life was not as personal as that kiss. | 我一生中的大多数性爱都不如那个吻亲密 |
[1:20:24] | I’m putting on my shoes now. | 我在穿鞋了 |
[1:20:33] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:20:54] | I’m walking out the door… | 我要出门了 |
[1:20:58] | in last night’s clothes. | 穿着昨晚的衣服 |
[1:21:04] | Hey, Claire. Don’t leave. | 克莱尔 别走 |
[1:21:07] | Stay. Let’s have breakfast. | 留下来 我们去吃早餐吧 |
[1:21:21] | I will miss your lips and everything attached to them. | 我会想念你的嘴唇和所有和它们有联系的东西 |
[1:21:29] | See you, Mitch. | 再见 米彻 |
[1:21:58] | Claire, you slut! | 克莱尔 你这淫妇 |
[1:22:00] | -Claire! Swear to God! -Claire! | -克莱尔 向上帝发誓 -克莱尔 |
[1:22:23] | Wait up! | 等等 |
[1:22:26] | Just tell me you love me and get it over with. | 告诉我你爱我不就完了 |
[1:22:30] | Claire, I’m just going to say this because you deserve it. | 克莱尔 我要告诉你 因为你应该知道 |
[1:22:34] | It’s not easy for me, but here goes. | 要我说出来并不容易 不过我还是要说 |
[1:22:40] | Four days ago… | 四天前 |
[1:22:42] | I lost a major American shoe company… | 我让一家美国鞋业的大公司损失了 |
[1:22:48] | Frankly, you could round it off to one billion dollars! | 老实说 你可以四舍五入成十亿美元 |
[1:22:53] | And by tomorrow afternoon, everyone will know. | 到明天下午 每个人都会知道 |
[1:22:57] | Something’s gonna be published that pinpoints me as the most… | 有篇要发表的文章将会断定我是 |
[1:23:01] | spectacular failure in the history of my profession… | 在我的行业中有史以来最大的失败 |
[1:23:05] | which is all I know how to do. | 而我只懂得这一行 |
[1:23:07] | And I’ve been here this whole time trying to be responsible and charming… | 我来到这里 一直想要显得有责任心 有魅力 |
[1:23:11] | and live up to this success… | 可以对得起这成功 |
[1:23:14] | that doesn’t exist. | 这成功已经不存在了 |
[1:23:17] | All I really want… | 我真正想要的 |
[1:23:20] | is to not be here. | 只是离开这里 |
[1:23:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:23:29] | I have a very dark appointment with destiny. | 我很命运有个非常阴暗的约定 |
[1:23:34] | That’s my secret. | 那是我的秘密 |
[1:23:37] | That’s who I am. | 那就是我 |
[1:23:40] | That’s it? | 就这些 |
[1:23:42] | Yes, that’s it. | 是的 就这些 |
[1:23:45] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[1:23:49] | I guess I just thought a small part ofyou might be a small bit sad to see me go. | 我想我只是以为你看到我走多少会有点难过 |
[1:23:54] | But I guess this is all mostly about a shoe. | 不过看来你主要就是为了一只鞋 |
[1:23:57] | Of course, I’m sad about you. | 当然 我为你难过 |
[1:23:59] | But this isjust a little bit bigger than you and me! | 可是这比你和我要更重要一点 |
[1:24:02] | And by the way, I didn’t say million. I said billion! | 顺便说一句 我说的不是百万 我说的是十亿 |
[1:24:08] | A billion dollars! | 十亿美元 |
[1:24:11] | That’s a lot of million! | 那是好多个百万了 |
[1:24:16] | So, you failed. | 所以说 你失败了 |
[1:24:19] | -No, you don’t get it. -All right, you really failed. | -不 你没明白 -好吧 你真的失败了 |
[1:24:24] | You failed, you failed, you failed. | 你失败了 你失败了 你失败了 |
[1:24:31] | You failed, you failed, you… | 你失败了 你失败了 你 |
[1:24:36] | You think I care about that? | 你认为我在乎那个吗 |
[1:24:40] | I do understand. | 我当然了解 |
[1:24:44] | You’re an artist, man. Your job is to break through barriers. | 你是个艺术家 你的工作就是要冲破阻碍 |
[1:24:47] | Not accept blame and bow and say | 而不是接受责备 点头哈腰 说 |
[1:24:50] | Thank you, I’m a loser, I’ll go away now. | 谢谢你 我是个窝囊废 我现在要走了 |
[1:24:52] | Phil’s mean to me…So what? | 菲尔对我很卑鄙 那又怎样 |
[1:24:55] | I don’t cry. | 我没有哭过 |
[1:24:56] | You want to be really great? | 你真的想要做一番大事业吗 |
[1:24:58] | Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. | 那就要有勇气 输得惨却还是坚持 |
[1:25:02] | Make them wonder why you’re still smiling. | 让他们奇怪你为什么还能微笑 |
[1:25:08] | That’s true greatness to me. | 那对我才是真正的伟大 |
[1:25:12] | But… | 可是 |
[1:25:14] | don’t listen to me, I’m a Claire. | 别听我的 我可是叫克莱尔 |
[1:25:19] | -Well, thank you, Claire. -You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 克莱尔 -不客气 |
[1:25:21] | Now would you quit trying to break up with me? | 现在你不再和我分手了吗 |
[1:25:25] | You’re always trying to break up with me… | 你总是想要和我分手 |
[1:25:27] | and we’re not even together. | 我们甚至还没在一起呢 |
[1:25:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:25:33] | Wait. | 等等 |
[1:25:36] | We’re not? | 我们没有吗 |
[1:25:41] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[1:25:43] | We’re the substitute people, remember? | 我们是替代品 记得吗 |
[1:25:52] | I’ll see you at Mitch’s memorial, if I can make it. | 米彻的追悼会上再见 如果我能去的话 |
[1:26:35] | All right, when I give you the signal pull the pulley slowly across. | 好的 当我给你这个信号慢慢地把滑轮拉过去 |
[1:26:39] | All right, slow and soulful. | 好的 慢慢地 带点感情 |
[1:26:42] | Will do. Slow and soulful. | 我会的 慢慢地 带点感情 |
[1:26:48] | -She came! -That is her. | -她来了 -那是她 |
[1:26:50] | That is her. That’s Hollie. | 那是她 那是荷莉 |
[1:26:53] | Hollie! | 荷莉 |
[1:26:54] | -Hollie. -It’s really good to see you. | -荷莉 -真高兴见到你 |
[1:26:57] | -You look more beautiful than ever. -Thank you. | -你看上去比过去更漂亮了 -谢谢你 |
[1:27:30] | Mitch wrote letters. Never once sent an e-mail. | 米彻爱写信 从来没发过e-mail |
[1:27:35] | He was always there for me. | 他将永存我心 |
[1:27:37] | Where are you, Mitch? | 你在哪里 米彻 |
[1:27:39] | And I loved him. | 我爱过他 |
[1:27:43] | And y’all know that. | 你们都知道 |
[1:27:46] | I loved him! | 我爱过他 |
[1:27:48] | Even though he moved to California… | 尽管他搬去了加州 |
[1:27:52] | God love him, he always came back to his roots. | 上帝爱他 他总是回来寻根 |
[1:27:56] | And I will miss his laugh. | 我会想念他的笑 |
[1:27:59] | I don’t have anything funny to say. | 我没有什么有趣的话可说 |
[1:28:02] | And I don’t have a funny story to tell. | 我也没有什么有趣的故事可讲 |
[1:28:06] | I will tell you, it wasn’t easy for Mitch to leave the military… | 我要告诉你们 米彻离开军队 |
[1:28:10] | and start over again in California. | 要在加州从头再来真的不容易 |
[1:28:27] | And I apologize, per se, for my role in that deal, per se. | 我要亲自道歉 为在那次交易中我本人的角色 |
[1:28:32] | And to all ofyou who put this evening together… | 对于所有促成今晚的活动 |
[1:28:34] | it has gone beautifully, and thank you. | 并且举办得如此精彩的你们 说声谢谢 |
[1:28:37] | -Lena, it hasn’t hit him yet. -It will. It will. | -莲娜 他还不知道呢 -会知道的 会知道的 |
[1:28:41] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们先生们 |
[1:28:44] | Hollie Baylor. | 荷莉 贝勒 |
[1:28:50] | I want you to stay awake for this, all right? | 别睡着 听她讲 好吗 |
[1:29:11] | I’m a little nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[1:29:14] | But here we are. | 不过我们来了 |
[1:29:17] | It’s been a while. | 很久没来了 |
[1:29:23] | There was this shorthand of a long marriage. | 有种说法可以概括我们漫长的婚姻 |
[1:29:28] | We were complete opposites, and it worked. | 我俩是完全不同的两种人 但是却能融洽相处 |
[1:29:35] | The plan was to send… | 我们本来计划派 |
[1:29:38] | my son to represent the family. | 我的儿子来代表全家 |
[1:29:42] | I was terrified that you would look at me and see… | 我很怕你们会看着我 |
[1:29:45] | that woman from California who took him away. | 认为是这个来自加州的女人抢走了他 |
[1:29:49] | Even though we only lived in California as a family… | 尽管我们家在加州只住了 |
[1:29:53] | for 18 months, 27 years ago… | 18个月 27年前 |
[1:29:57] | I always…felt it. | 我一直 能感觉到 |
[1:30:02] | All because I was standing in an elevator in Tokyo… | 这全是因为我曾经站在东京的一部电梯里 |
[1:30:07] | and this handsome captain walked in… | 这位英俊的上尉走了进来 |
[1:30:11] | on his way home to Elizabethtown. | 他正准备回他在伊丽莎白镇的家 |
[1:30:14] | And he was engaged. And so was l. | 他订过婚 我也是 |
[1:30:21] | And somehow I hijacked him and took him to Disneyland! | 不知何故我劫持了他 拖他去了迪斯尼乐园 |
[1:30:31] | But something happened between us… | 但是我们之间发生了一些事 |
[1:30:35] | that was not part of the plan. | 并非是计划之中的 |
[1:30:40] | We were in love. | 我们相爱了 |
[1:30:49] | Let me tell you a little bit about life without Mitch. | 让我来告诉你们一点失去了米彻的日子 |
[1:30:54] | I wanted to get to know about Mitch’s car… | 我想要熟悉米彻的车 |
[1:30:58] | and it actually ate me. | 结果它差点吞了我 |
[1:31:01] | I went to the bank and the teller looked at me strangely… | 我去银行 出纳员奇怪地看着我 |
[1:31:04] | and I got home and I looked at myself in the mirror… | 我回到家看着镜中的我 |
[1:31:06] | and my face was still green from a facial mask… | 我的脸还是青的因为我 |
[1:31:08] | that I had forgotten to take off. | 忘记了取下面膜 |
[1:31:10] | And I called our insurance man of 30 years… | 我打电话给我们30年来的保险经纪 |
[1:31:14] | whose son Mitch had actually helped to get into West Point… | 米彻实际上还帮过他儿子进入西点军校 |
[1:31:18] | to tell him that Mitch was gone. | 我告诉他米彻走了 |
[1:31:22] | He didn’t call me back for two days. | 他两天没有给我回电 |
[1:31:27] | The car, the bank, the insurance man, the world. | 车 银行 保险经纪 整个世界 |
[1:31:31] | I mean, nobody truly cared. | 我是说 没有人真的在乎 |
[1:31:37] | Not like us. | 不像我们 |
[1:31:42] | I always wanted to learn to tap dance… | 我一直想学踢踏舞 |
[1:31:44] | so I took tap dance lessons. | 所以我上了踢踏舞的课 |
[1:31:46] | And I wanted to learn…Yeah, I did. | 我想学 是的 我是想学 |
[1:31:48] | And I wanted to learn to cook organically… | 我还想学有机烹调 |
[1:31:50] | and so I attempted that. | 所以我也做了尝试 |
[1:31:53] | And I fixed the toilet. | 我还修了马桶 |
[1:31:59] | Yeah. All by myself. | 是的 全靠我自己 |
[1:32:02] | And I wanted to learn to laugh. | 我想要学会笑 |
[1:32:08] | Why couldn’t I be funnier when Mitch was alive? | 米彻活着的时候我为什么就不能风趣点呢 |
[1:32:11] | Butyou know, I figured it out. It takes time to be funny… | 但是你们知道 我想明白了 风趣是需要时间的 |
[1:32:15] | and it takes time to extractjoy from life. | 它需要时间从生活中提取快乐 |
[1:32:21] | So I enrolled in comedy school. | 所以我上了喜剧学校 |
[1:32:26] | Yeah, I did. I know, I know. | 是的 我知道 我知道 |
[1:32:29] | I was the oldest one in the class. Thank you. | 我是班上最年长的 谢谢你们 |
[1:32:33] | And we were told to tell a story. | 老师让我们讲一个故事 |
[1:32:36] | Something true, something that really happened to us. | 真实的 真正发生在我们身上的事 |
[1:32:39] | So I got up there and I talked about my husband… | 于是我站起来 我讲了我的丈夫 |
[1:32:45] | and the love he left behind. | 还有他留下的那份爱 |
[1:32:52] | A few days after Mitch died… | 米彻死后的几天 |
[1:32:54] | I was walking through the yard and I saw our neighbor… | 我正穿过院子 我看见了我们的邻居 |
[1:32:58] | who was a very good friend of Mitch’s, Bob… | 他是米彻的一个非常要好的朋友 鲍勃 |
[1:33:02] | and he saw me coming through the gate… | 他见我走出大门 |
[1:33:06] | and he said, I am so sorry for your loss. | 他说 我对你丈夫的死深表遗憾 |
[1:33:11] | And I knew that he needed to feel that loss, too… | 我知道他也需要感觉那种失落 |
[1:33:14] | and to share it, and I wanted to help him. | 需要分享 我想要帮他 |
[1:33:17] | And he put his arms around me, he cradled me… | 他用他的臂膀拥着我 他抱着我 |
[1:33:21] | and his embrace tightened. | 他的拥抱更紧了 |
[1:33:24] | Finally, here was somebody who truly cared. | 终于 有人真正地在乎 |
[1:33:31] | And then… | 然后 |
[1:33:34] | I felt something else. | 我感觉了另外的东西 |
[1:33:50] | Something huge. | 一个大家伙 |
[1:33:59] | Let’sjust say it, let’sjust say it! | 讲出来 讲出来 |
[1:34:01] | A boner. | 他勃起了 |
[1:34:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:34:13] | A boner, that’s what I get. | 勃起 这就是我所得到的 |
[1:34:15] | That’s what I get for trying to do everything myself. | 我就是我想要样样事情自己动手的结果 |
[1:34:18] | Boner Bob, my neighbor. | 勃起的鲍勃 我的邻居 |
[1:34:32] | Oh, dear. | 亲爱的 |
[1:34:41] | He rooted for all of you. | 他一直不变地爱着你们 |
[1:34:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:34:52] | This is for you, your favorite song… | 这是献给你的 你最喜欢的歌 |
[1:34:57] | on a Saturday night. | 在某个周六的夜晚 |
[1:37:00] | Well, you really brought everybody together… | 你真的把大家团结在一起了 |
[1:37:02] | I’ll give you that. | 都是你的功劳 |
[1:37:17] | I have this thing for you. | 我有东西要给你 |
[1:37:23] | It’s a very unique map. | 这是一张非常独特的地图 |
[1:37:27] | It’s for your road trip home. | 是给你长途跋涉开车回家用的 |
[1:37:30] | Right, a map. | 对 一张地图 |
[1:37:34] | You promised. Remember? | 你答应过的 记得吗 |
[1:37:37] | No. No, I do, I remember. | 不 我当然记得 我记得 |
[1:37:50] | This is for you, Mitch. | 这是给你的 米彻 |
[1:38:24] | Free Bird, huh? | 自由鸟 对吗(林纳·史金纳的歌曲) |
[1:38:29] | -Well, I better get back to…Ben. | -好了 我最好还是回到 -本身边 |
[1:38:36] | He finally made it. | 他终于来了 |
[1:38:40] | Does Ben even exist? | 真的有本这个人吗 |
[1:38:51] | Just call me when you get home… | 到了家打电话给我就好了 |
[1:38:55] | and not until. | 回到家再打 |
[1:38:58] | I want you to get into the deep… | 我要你进入那种深深的 |
[1:39:01] | beautiful melancholy of everything that’s happened. | 美丽的感伤 想起所有发生的事 |
[1:39:13] | It’s a great map. | 这是一张很棒的地图 |
[1:40:00] | -Jessie! -Just keep going! | -杰西 -继续 |
[1:40:33] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[1:40:58] | I am a licensed flight attendant! Use this exit, please! | 我是专业乘务员 请走这个出口 |
[1:41:27] | As a specialist in the field of last looks… | 作为告别的目光领域的鉴赏家 |
[1:41:31] | this one was pretty iconically Claire. | 这个目光是非常典型的克莱尔式 |
[1:41:56] | Friends and neighbors, we are gathered here… | 朋友和邻居 齐聚在这里 |
[1:42:00] | to say our final goodbyes to our dear friend… | 和我们亲爱的朋友最后道别 |
[1:42:04] | Mitch. | 米彻 |
[1:42:41] | Come on, General. | 来吧 将军 |
[1:42:56] | The route of Claire’s map… | 克莱尔地图的路线 |
[1:42:59] | with accompanying music and detailed instructions… | 配有音乐和详细的说明 |
[1:43:02] | would take 42 hours… | 将要花上42小时 |
[1:43:06] | and 11 minutes. | 11分钟 |
[1:43:08] | Turn on ignition. | 点火 |
[1:43:26] | Begin yourjourney and do not skip ahead. | 开始你的旅行 不过跳过任何一个地方 |
[1:43:54] | She had laid out the entire road trip… | 她部署了整个的公路旅行 |
[1:43:56] | and timed it to music she herself had put on CDs. | 并根据她亲自录制到CD上的音乐计算好了时间 |
[1:44:04] | The songs, of course, were classic mix tape songs. | 当然 那些歌都是经典的混音带歌曲 |
[1:44:08] | About her, of course. | 当然 是关于她的 |
[1:44:11] | And the rich flurry of our almost romance. | 以及我们近乎浪漫的故事中的种种骚动 |
[1:44:26] | 60B. | 60B出口 |
[1:44:39] | This is The Hombres. | 这是布鲁斯乐队 |
[1:44:53] | And she had even provided music for what would happen next. | 她甚至为下一步将要发生的事都提供了音乐 |
[1:45:00] | Down to the minute. | 准确到分钟 |
[1:45:28] | You have five minutes to wallow in the delicious misery. | 你有五分钟时间可以沉迷在迷人的伤痛中 |
[1:45:32] | Enjoy it, embrace it, discard it… | 享受它 拥抱它 抛开它 |
[1:45:38] | and proceed. | 继续前进 |
[1:45:50] | Here is a river leading to the Mississippi. | 这条河将纳入密西西比河 |
[1:45:56] | This is America, she wrote. | 这就是美国 她写道 |
[1:46:00] | And ifeverybody gets a vote where their Mitch gets buried… | 如果人人都有一票可以决定米彻应该葬在哪里 |
[1:46:04] | here are a few where my Mitch gets buried. | 这些有一些是我的米彻应该埋葬 |
[1:46:08] | Or scattered. | 或抛撒骨灰的地方 |
[1:46:25] | Pause for 30 minutes for the greatest chili in the world. | 停留30分钟 尝尝世界上最棒的辣椒 |
[1:46:30] | And elsewhere in Memphis. | 在孟斐斯的其它地方 |
[1:46:46] | This would be a good time to stop in at Earnestine & Hazel’s… | 现在正是去俄内斯坦与海泽酒吧小憩 |
[1:46:50] | and say hello to Russ. | 向拉斯问声好的好时候 |
[1:46:51] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[1:46:53] | He’s hung onto the place for 38 long years. | 他挂在那地方已经有38年之久 |
[1:46:56] | He’ll tell you a few stories. | 他会告诉你一些故事 |
[1:47:03] | Look. Look at this. That’s the blues! | 瞧 瞧这个 那就是布鲁斯 |
[1:47:10] | Andjust around the corner, the Lorraine Motel. | 就在拐角处 是洛林汽车旅馆 |
[1:47:17] | The hotel balcony where Martin Luther King drew his last breath. | 在那个旅馆的阳台上 马丁路德金最后深深吸了一口气 |
[1:48:03] | His death was only the beginning of his victory. | 他的死只是他的胜利的开始 |
[1:48:09] | You go across the bridge traversing Mark Twain’s muse… | 你经过那座桥 穿越马克吐温的灵感 |
[1:48:12] | Jeff Buckley’s funeral bed… | 杰夫·巴克利的灵堂 |
[1:48:13] | as the night air whips through your hair… | 而晚风拍打着你的头发 |
[1:48:15] | around your face, and out the other window. | 你的脸 和另一扇窗 |
[1:48:17] | You can feel the soul of that dark water | 甚至当你到达桥的另一端时 |
[1:48:20] | even as you arrive on the other side. | 你仍能感觉到那暗水的灵魂 |
[1:48:45] | Some music needs air. | 有些音乐需要空气 |
[1:48:48] | Roll down your window. | 放下你的窗口 |
[1:49:03] | -All right! Good! -I love you, Daddy. | -好了 很好 -我爱你 爸爸 |
[1:49:05] | I love you too, Drew. Where do you want to go? | 我也爱你 德鲁 你想去哪里 |
[1:49:08] | -Tucky. -Kentucky? | -塔基 -肯塔基 |
[1:49:34] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:49:37] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[1:49:50] | The Survivor Tree. | 生存树 |
[1:49:52] | It’s my favorite tree in the world. | 那是世界上我最喜欢的树 |
[1:49:56] | And I like trees. | 我喜欢树 |
[1:50:11] | This once highly-anticipated product… | 这一曾经倍受期待的产品 |
[1:50:14] | may actually cause an entire generation to return to bare feet. | 可能会让整一代人重新选择赤脚 |
[1:50:24] | Sadness is easier because it’s surrender. | 悲伤很容易 因为那是投降 |
[1:50:27] | I say, make time to dance alone… | 我要说 要设法独自起舞 |
[1:50:30] | with one hand waving free. | 让一只手自由地挥舞 |
[1:51:10] | Look at us. | 看看我们 |
[1:51:13] | You with your many almost-great projects, me with my fiasco. | 你和你那许多近乎伟大的计划 我和我的惨败 |
[1:51:19] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[1:51:24] | Both of us working so hard… | 我们两个都很努力 |
[1:51:27] | for what? | 为了什么 |
[1:51:33] | We should have taken this trip years ago. | 我们多年前就该开始这段旅程了 |
[1:51:43] | And the fact that I wanna go home and kill myself is really not your fault. | 我想要回到家自杀的事实并不是你的错 |
[1:51:48] | For what? For Phil? | 为了什么 为了菲尔 |
[1:51:51] | No! | 不 |
[1:52:57] | Don’t get lost. | 不要迷路 |
[1:53:01] | Proceed to the second largest farmer’s market in the world… | 前方是世界第二大农贸市场 |
[1:53:06] | located on… | 位于 |
[1:53:08] | The Second Largest Farmer’s Market in the World Boulevard… | 世界第二大农贸市场路 |
[1:53:11] | for some essentials for the rest of yourjourney home. | 你可以在那里买一些后面路上要用的必备品 |
[1:53:51] | Go to the pet area. Look inside the book about springer spaniels. | 到宠物区 翻开关于斯伯林格斯班尼犬的书 |
[1:54:05] | Find a pair of Spasmoticas on display… | 找到陈列的一双斯帕魔卡鞋 |
[1:54:08] | and look inside. | 看里面 |
[1:54:13] | Here you have reached a fork in the map. | 现在你已经到达了地图中的岔路口 |
[1:54:16] | You can go to your car and the rest of the directions will take you home. | 你可以回到车里 剩下的提示将带你回家 |
[1:54:21] | Or… | 或者 |
[1:54:25] | look for a girl in a red hat… | 寻找一位戴着红帽的女孩 |
[1:54:28] | who’s waiting for you with an alternate plan. | 她在等你 并有一个另外的计划 |
[1:56:45] | No true fiasco… | 探寻的道路上 |
[1:56:47] | ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. | 永远不会有真正的惨败 |
[1:56:50] | A motto of the British Special Service Air Force is : | 英国皇家特种空勤队的一句格言就是 |
[1:56:54] | Those who risk, win. | 不入虎穴 焉得虎子 |
[1:56:58] | A single green vine shoot is able to grow through cement. | 青藤的一颗嫩芽可以钻出水泥地 |
[1:57:05] | The Pacific Northwestern salmon beats itself bloody… | 太平洋西北方的鲑鱼纵然伤痕累累 |
[1:57:08] | on its quest to travel hundreds of miles upstream… | 也要长途跋涉数百英里 |
[1:57:11] | against the current, with a single purpose. | 逆流而上 只为了一个目的 |
[1:57:15] | Sex, of course. | 当然是性 |
[1:57:17] | But also… | 但也是为了 |
[1:57:25] | life. | 生活 |