英文名称:All Good Things
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:58] | For the record, | 记录备案 |
[01:00] | tell the ladies and gentlemen of the jury | 请告诉陪审团 |
[01:02] | your name. | 你的姓名 |
[01:06] | David Marks. | 大卫·麦克斯 |
[01:10] | And where were you born? | 出生地 |
[01:13] | New York city. | 纽约市 |
[01:18] | Is your father still alive? | 你的父亲还在世吗 |
[01:21] | Yes sir. | 是的 |
[01:23] | Is your mother still alive? | 你的母亲还在世吗 |
[01:26] | No sir. | 不在了 |
[01:30] | How old were you when your mother died? | 你母亲去世时你多大 |
[01:35] | Seven. | 七岁 |
[01:38] | Were you present when she died? | 她去世时你在她身边吗 |
[01:41] | Yes sir. | 是的 |
[01:43] | And how did she die? | 她是怎么死的 |
[01:47] | She died a violent death. | 她去得很不平静 |
[02:01] | David, if you don’t mind, | 大卫 如果你不介意 |
[02:04] | I’m going to ask you some more about your past. | 我想多问问你的过去 |
[02:09] | David? | 大卫 |
[02:15] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉 |
[02:17] | Your past. | 你的过去 |
[04:43] | Yes, I’d like to make a collect call, please. | 你好 我想拨对方付费电话 |
[04:46] | David Marks. | 大卫·麦克斯 |
[04:51] | Dad, David. | 爸爸 我是大卫 |
[04:55] | How am I gonna do that? | 我怎么做 |
[04:58] | I got on the tuxedo. | 我穿着晚礼服呢 |
[05:02] | Can’t we just call a plumber? | 就不能叫个水管工吗 |
[05:04] | Yeah right, why would we do that? | 是啊 干吗要叫个水管工 |
[05:06] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 毫无道理 |
[05:07] | Why would you send a plumber to do a plumber’s job, huh? | 为什么叫水管工来做水管工的工作 |
[05:20] | What are you looking at, huh? | 你看什么看 |
[05:31] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:35] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:43] | I’ve forgotten why I’m here. | 我都忘了我干吗来了 |
[05:59] | I was gonna make some coffee. | 我正准备煮咖啡 |
[06:01] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[06:03] | Do you want coffee? I was gonna make some. | 你想喝咖啡吗 我正准备煮 |
[06:05] | No thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[06:14] | Am I keeping you from something? | 我的事耽误你了吗 |
[06:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:19] | But it’s something I’m dreading. | 不过是一些我比较讨厌的事 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:982个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:136个,六级词汇:66个,GRE词汇:65个,托福词汇:95个,考研词汇:150个,专四词汇:120个,专八词汇:19个, 所有生词标注共:251个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:24] | Do you have some kind of… | 你有什么东西 |
[06:25] | – I don’t know, something I could put under here? – Yeah. | -可以放在下面吗 -有 |
[06:30] | Here. | 给 |
[06:34] | So how long ago did you move in? | 你搬来多久了 |
[06:37] | On Sunday. | 周日刚来 |
[06:39] | – From where? – Long island. | -从哪儿来的 -长岛 |
[06:44] | My mom’s house. | 我妈妈的房子 |
[06:49] | – Are you done? – I think I should stop. | -你弄好了吗 -我想我得停下来 |
[06:53] | You know? I mean– | 你知道 |
[06:56] | I’m not a plumber. | 我不是水管工 |
[06:58] | I mean, as you might have guessed. | 你大概也猜到了 |
[07:01] | And I can’t get a plumber in here until Monday. | 最早周一我才能找到水管工 |
[07:04] | So, | 所以 |
[07:08] | I guess what I’ve done is, | 我做的就是 |
[07:13] | Do you want help with that? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[07:16] | Yeah. | 好 |
[07:22] | Anyway, so I guess what I did was | 反正我做的就是 |
[07:24] | come out here to tell you that you have a leak and | 来这里告诉你水管漏了 |
[07:28] | that you should get it fixed. | 你应该找人来修理 |
[07:34] | You smell good. | 你真香 |
[07:39] | You’re gonna be late. | 你快迟到了 |
[07:42] | So? I’m always late. | 那又怎么了 我总是迟到 |
[07:45] | You could always blame me. | 你可以归咎于我 |
[07:54] | Hi, David Marks. | 你好 大卫·麦克斯 |
[07:57] | Sir, right this way. | 先生 请这边走 |
[07:58] | – Oh God. – Oh look, there. | -天啊 -看 来了 |
[08:01] | – Here, take this. – Go easy on him. | -给 拿一下 -对他宽容点 |
[08:03] | Okay, I don’t have to tell you… just ignore him | 好吧 我得跟你说 忽略他 |
[08:05] | and I apologize for anythinge says | 从现在起到我们离开 |
[08:07] | between now and the time we leave. | 如果他说什么冒犯你的话 我先向你道歉了 |
[08:09] | Late. | 迟到 |
[08:11] | Always late. | 总是迟到 |
[08:13] | Anybody who didn’t know you would think you were a busy man. | 不认识你的人还以为你是个大忙人 |
[08:18] | I see you brought a friend. | 你带了一位朋友 |
[08:20] | – Katie. – Katie. | -凯特 -凯特 |
[08:22] | Your full name, dear, always. | 亲爱的 随时都报上你的全名 |
[08:24] | Katherine McCarthy. | 凯瑟琳·麦卡锡 |
[08:26] | Well, what a lovely young woman you are. | 多可爱的小姑娘 |
[08:29] | You’ve even managed to make my vagabond son look handsome. | 你把我游手好闲的儿子调教得这么英俊 |
[08:33] | He is handsome. | 他本来就很英俊 |
[08:34] | David, I need you to meet | 大卫 我要你来这 |
[08:35] | the next senator from New York. | 是让你与下任纽约参议员见面 |
[08:37] | And I didn’t invite you here to help you get laid. | 不是帮你泡妞 |
[08:41] | – Ambassador Moynihan. – Sanford, congratulations. | -莫尼汉大使 -杉弗德 恭喜 |
[08:44] | – Thank you. Welcome back. – Thank you. | -谢谢 欢迎回来 -谢谢 |
[08:46] | Liz. Always more gracious. | 丽兹 越来越来美了 |
[08:49] | Ambassador, you remember my eldest son David? | 大使 还记得我大儿子大卫吗 |
[08:52] | David the heir apparent. Of course, how are you? | 继承人大卫 当然记得 你好吗 |
[08:54] | – Fine, thank you. – And this is… | -很好 谢谢 -这位是… |
[08:57] | – Katherine McCarthy. – Miss McCarthy. | -凯瑟琳·麦卡锡 -麦卡锡小姐 |
[08:59] | – My wife Elizabeth. – Ambassador. | -我的妻子伊丽莎白 -大使 |
[09:02] | – The man himself. Thank you. – Here you go, dad. | -亲自送来了 谢谢 -给你 爸爸 |
[09:04] | Thanks, Daniel. | 谢谢 丹尼尔 |
[09:05] | Shouldn’t you be wearing white gloves? | 你不该带着白手套吗 |
[09:07] | Screw you, David. | 滚 大卫 |
[09:10] | – Is that Irish? – Excuse me? | -是爱尔兰名吗 -什么 |
[09:12] | Moynihan, is that an Irish name? | 莫尼汉 是爱尔兰姓氏吗 |
[09:14] | Gaelic. Originally Scottish-gaelic. | 盖尔语 苏格拉盖尔语 |
[09:18] | – But my family… | -但是我的家庭… |
[09:19] | My friends, a man who’s old enough | 朋友们 有请一位还记得 |
[09:23] | to remember how 42nd street | 四十二街旧貌的老人 |
[09:26] | used to be– Sanford Marks! | 杉弗德·麦克斯 |
[09:33] | Thank you, Mr. Mayor. | 谢谢 市长先生 |
[09:35] | My father had a vision for times square | 我父亲对时代广场有一个憧憬 |
[09:38] | and he passed it on to me. | 我也继承了他的憧憬 |
[09:41] | Where there are peep shows and massage parlors, | 现在的录像馆和按摩院 |
[09:43] | I see Broadway theaters restored to their former glory. | 未来会是百老汇大剧院重现光辉 |
[09:47] | And where there are dilapidated hotels, | 现在是破烂的旅馆 |
[09:49] | I see gleaming office towers | 未来会盖起闪耀的大厦 |
[09:52] | bustling with the important business of this city. | 成为这座城市的商业繁华之地 |
[09:56] | It’s my hope I can help breathe life | 父亲信任我可以传承他的理念 |
[10:00] | back into this neighborhood that was so dear to my father, | 我也希望可以让父亲珍视的 |
[10:04] | a man who placed great trust in me to carry on his legacy. | 这片地区重获生机 |
[10:09] | To Howard Marks. | 敬霍华德·麦克斯 |
[10:12] | David, tell me about the family business. | 大卫 说说你们家族的生意 |
[10:15] | Has the Marks organization always been | 麦克斯一直都是 |
[10:18] | a powerful entity in New York? | 纽约很有实力的财团吗 |
[10:21] | We were always in the top five or six | 在曼哈顿的地产业 |
[10:24] | property owners in manhattan. | 我们一直排前五六名 |
[10:26] | Was it work that you were interested in? | 你曾对于那里的工作感兴趣吗 |
[10:31] | No sir. | 不感兴趣 |
[10:34] | – A health food store? – Silly, right? | -一个健康食品商店吗 -很可笑吧 |
[10:36] | No, I… I think that’s great. | 不 我觉得那很棒 |
[10:41] | – Really? – Yeah. Where? | -真的 -是啊 开在哪里 |
[10:45] | I was thinking in Vermont maybe. | 我想开在佛蒙特州 |
[10:50] | What do you do? | 你做什么 |
[10:52] | I want to go to medical school, | 我想要去读医学 |
[10:54] | but since my dad died… | 但是我父亲过世了 |
[10:56] | It’s funny how hard it is just to do what you want, huh? | 真可笑啊 做自己想做的事总是这么难 |
[10:59] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:01] | I bet you could do anything. | 你肯定能做任何你想做的事 |
[11:03] | Oklahoma, where the wind comes | 俄克拉荷马 |
[11:07] | sweeping down the plains | 风过平原 |
[11:09] | And the waving wheat | 拂起麦浪 |
[11:11] | can sure smell sweet | 香气袭人 |
[11:12] | When the wind comes right behind the plains! | 风起平原 |
[11:16] | Then when we say-yyy: Hey, Ayipioeeay! | 我们说 感谢万物 |
[11:22] | We’re only singing | 我们赞颂 |
[11:23] | You’re doing fine, Oklahoma… | 好样的 俄克拉荷马 |
[11:26] | Did your father approve | 你父亲同意 |
[11:27] | of you living with Katherine McCarthy? | 你与凯瑟琳·麦卡锡同居吗 |
[11:30] | Well, he didn’t really have a problem with that, | 他并不怎么介意这件事 |
[11:32] | But he wanted me to live in | 但是他想让我住在纽约 |
[11:33] | New York and to go into the family business. | 参与经营家族生意 |
[11:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:38] | What did you do instead? | 那你怎么做的 |
[11:41] | Katie and I moved to Vermont. | 凯特和我搬到了佛蒙特州 |
[11:44] | We lived this sort of a back-to-the-land kind of lifestyle. | 我们过着回归田野的生活 |
[11:49] | Bought a small piece of land and we ran a health food store. | 买了一小块地 经营一家健康食品店 |
[12:05] | It’s perfect. | 完美 |
[12:21] | She’s certainly a very enthusiastic young woman. | 她真是一个热情可爱的小姑娘 |
[12:23] | – Where did you find her? – 53rd street. | -你在哪里认识的她 -第五十三大街 |
[12:26] | She had a leaky faucet. | 当时她龙头漏水了 |
[12:28] | Ah yes, the famous leaky faucet of 53rd street. | 啊对 五十三大街著名的漏水龙头 |
[12:33] | Aren’t you sorry you gave up a promising career | 你放弃房地产事业的似锦前程 |
[12:35] | – In real estate? – No. | -不遗憾吗 -不 |
[12:40] | You’re ignoring a very hard fact of life, David. | 大卫 你忽视了真正残酷的现实 |
[12:44] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[12:46] | She’s never gonna be one of us. | 她不会成为我们中一员的 |
[12:48] | No, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[12:51] | Isn’t that great? | 不是很棒吗 |
[12:57] | Don’t forget your racquet. | 别忘了你的球拍 |
[13:15] | …A million miles away. | 一百万英里远 |
[13:18] | It’s just like picking off another part of your forehead. | 就好像拿走你的另一半大脑 |
[13:20] | I’ll burn you. Just you. | 我要烧死你 只有你 |
[13:22] | The rest of you, you’re fine, but that part, | 其余的还好 但这部分 |
[13:24] | – Forget it. – David? | -忘了吧 -大卫 |
[13:28] | You’re talking to yourself. | 你在自言自语 |
[13:47] | David, I hope you brought an appetite! | 大卫 快吃啊 |
[13:49] | The ham looks delicious, mom. | 这火腿看起来很好吃 妈妈 |
[13:51] | …You squeeze one time and you get ketchup and mustard, | 挤一下番茄酱和芥末酱一起出来 |
[13:54] | I call it kepustard. | 我就叫它番芥酱 |
[13:56] | Kepustard! | 番芥酱 |
[13:59] | – We put the… – Katie, | -我们把… -凯特 |
[14:00] | your brother’s going to be a millionaire. | 你哥会成为一个百万富翁 |
[14:01] | Pass that ham down. | 把火腿拿过来 |
[14:04] | David, what does your family usually do for the holidays? | 大卫 你们家平常怎么过假期 |
[14:08] | We’re going… we’re going skiing. | 我们去滑雪 |
[14:11] | Skiing! | 滑雪 |
[14:13] | I’m gonna teach David how to ski. | 我要教大卫怎么滑雪 |
[14:15] | I’d be scared too. | 我也会害怕 |
[14:18] | – You look terrific. – Thank you. | -你太漂亮了 -谢谢 |
[14:21] | – Doesn’t she look terrific? – She’s a beautiful girl. | -她看起来漂亮不 -真是个漂亮姑娘 |
[14:31] | The Marks family. Marks. | 麦克斯家族 麦克斯 |
[14:34] | Are you kidding? They own half of Times Square. | 你开玩笑吗 他们拥有半个时代广场 |
[14:36] | Can we please not talk about this now? | 你现在能不提这个吗 |
[14:39] | Which half of Times square? What are you talking about? | 哪半个时代广场 你在说什么 |
[14:41] | – I’m just saying. – He’s taking her to Paris. | -我就是说 -他要带她去巴黎 |
[14:44] | That’s what she said. | 这是她说的 |
[14:46] | Whatever happened to my trip to Paris? | 我的巴黎之旅哪去了 |
[14:50] | You’d be lucky to get a trip to Paris, New Jersey. | 幸运的话 你可以去新泽西的那个巴黎 |
[14:58] | Mom’s making coffee. | 妈妈在煮咖啡 |
[15:01] | – What? – Why are you hiding? | -什么 -你为什么要躲起来 |
[15:04] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[15:07] | Is it awful? | 很糟糕吗 |
[15:11] | Awful? Is it awful? | 糟糕吗 |
[15:13] | No, it’s not awful at all. | 不 一点也不糟糕 |
[15:15] | It’s just different, that’s all. | 就是有些不一样 |
[15:17] | It’s just very different. | 非常不同 |
[15:19] | You know, everybody talks to each other | 大家都在聊天 |
[15:21] | and there’s a ham with pineapples on it | 吃着中间填塞了 |
[15:24] | with little cherries in the middle. | 樱桃和菠萝的火腿 |
[15:25] | – Cherries, I like those cherries. – Yeah, I like them too. | -我很喜欢吃那些樱桃 -是啊 我也是 |
[15:29] | It’s just really different. | 确实很不一样 |
[15:37] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[15:40] | What? | 什么 |
[15:46] | Was that a yes? | 那就是同意了 |
[16:06] | – Thank you. – This was nice. | -谢谢 -很不错 |
[16:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:11] | We just wanted to do it, to make it official. | 我们只是想要一个正式的仪式 |
[16:20] | It’s $39.50 each. | 每人39.5元 |
[16:22] | That includes a generous tip. | 包括小费 |
[16:32] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:40] | Thanks, mom. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[16:42] | – You’re welcome, sweetheart. – Thank you. | -不客气 甜心 -谢谢 |
[16:45] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[17:00] | So the guy’s not selling | 那个人就是不卖 |
[17:02] | and his kids are starving. And he’s sitting on the world’s | 他的孩子在挨饿 他就守着 |
[17:04] | most valuable butcher shop. | 这世上最昂贵的肉店 |
[17:07] | But my dad wouldn’t give up. He used to say | 但我父亲没有放弃 他过去常说 |
[17:10] | “There’s always a way to convince a holdout.” | “总有办法能说服那些顽固的人” |
[17:12] | You know? I came around. | 你知道吗 我理解了 |
[17:16] | Sooner or later everybody does. | 人们早晚也都会明白 |
[17:21] | David. | 大卫 |
[17:22] | – Look who’s here. – Oh, speak of the devil. | -看谁来了 -说曹操曹操到 |
[17:26] | Your grandfather didn’t come hat in hand | 你祖父可没卑躬屈膝 |
[17:28] | to ask me to join the firm. | 求我加入公司 |
[17:29] | It was understood. I understood it. | 我明白道理 |
[17:31] | Your brother understands it and you do too. | 你弟弟明白 你也应该明白 |
[17:34] | We’re happy here, okay? | 我们在这很快乐 |
[17:36] | I’m subsidizing that. | 我出的钱 |
[17:38] | Yeah, only until we get settled. | 是 直到我们安顿好就不用了 |
[17:40] | Settled? You think she’s happy here? | 安顿好 你觉得她在这儿快乐吗 |
[17:45] | Isn’t she? | 她不快乐吗 |
[17:46] | You think she had this dump in mind | 你以为她离开米尼奥拉时 她看上你时 |
[17:47] | When she left Mineola? When she laid eyes on you? | 有想过要住在这种破地方吗 |
[17:50] | No, she had more in mind | 不 她想得到更多 |
[17:52] | and she deserves better. She’s a beautiful woman. | 而且应该过得更好 她是个美人 |
[17:56] | Just like your mother. | 就像你的母亲 |
[18:00] | – Thanks for visiting. – Thank you, honey. | -谢谢您来看我们 -谢谢 甜心 |
[18:03] | I’d better get back to work. | 我最好得回去工作赚钱了 |
[18:05] | How do you think my son can afford to live like this? | 要不我儿子怎能负担起这么逍遥的生活 |
[18:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:34] | Best of luck. Do you have a place picked out in New York yet? | 祝你好运 你在纽约有落脚的地方吗 |
[18:37] | No. | 还没 |
[18:43] | Then why did you sell it? | 那你为什么要卖掉那处地产 |
[18:46] | I guess I thought it was what I should do. | 我想那是我应该做的 |
[18:49] | And I went along with my father’s wishes | 我遵从了父亲的期望 |
[18:51] | and I agreed to go into the family business. | 同意进入家族企业工作 |
[18:59] | Some of our Times Square tenants pay their rent in cash, | 部分时代广场租户是交现金的 |
[19:02] | so you’ll pick it up in person. | 你得亲自去收 |
[19:03] | – Solly, give him the address of the Luxor. – Sure. | -梭里 把里舍的地址给他 -好的 |
[19:07] | When you get down there, you’ll see why I’m sending you. | 你到那 就明白我为什么叫你去了 |
[19:10] | These people are not really corporate. | 这些人并不是真正的商家 |
[19:13] | But these properties need to pay for themselves. | 但还是要收租的 |
[19:17] | That is, until we tear ’em down. | 直到我们的改建工程 |
[19:20] | And ultimately | 最终 |
[19:22] | I think maybe you can manage the whole area. | 我认为你能管理整块区域 |
[19:30] | Well, it’s good to have you here, son. | 你能加入进来 真令我高兴 儿子 |
[19:34] | You keep Solly in the loop, huh? | 与梭里保持联系 |
[19:55] | Explain to the jury, please, | 请向陪审团说明 |
[19:57] | What the family business consisted of. | 你们家族企业的构成 |
[20:01] | My grandfather owned land in midtown | 我的祖父在城中有一块地 |
[20:03] | which was, once upon a time, a farm. | 以前那里只是一块田地 |
[20:07] | and as the area developed, | 随着地区发展 |
[20:10] | we built apartments and office buildings | 我们盖了公寓和办公楼 |
[20:12] | and whatever was appropriate for the time. | 顺应时代的建筑 |
[20:21] | Here! | 给 |
[20:23] | What did you do for the Marks organization? | 你在麦克斯企业中担当什么工作 |
[20:26] | Um, some leasing, but mostly | 一些租赁业务 但是大多数时候 |
[20:30] | You know, | 你知道 |
[20:32] | Bookkeeping. | 是记账 |
[20:43] | I followed the kid all night. | 我跟了那个孩子一宿 |
[20:45] | Massage parlors, peep shows, porn theaters. | 按摩院 录像馆 色情剧院 |
[20:49] | All people see are the fancy office towers. | 人们看到的都是高档的大楼 |
[20:52] | But Marks owns some of the worst buildings in Times Square. | 但麦克斯家族把持着时代广场最糜烂的行业 |
[20:56] | – He’s the problem. – What do you want from me? | -他是个麻烦 -你要让我怎么办 |
[21:00] | We need to take the offensive, Mr. Mayor. | 我们得查处他 市长先生 |
[21:03] | – Let me use the police. – Relax, Sidney. | -允许我动用警力 -放松 西德尼 |
[21:06] | We’ll get what we want. | 会如我们所愿的 |
[21:09] | Remember, | 记住 |
[21:10] | We’re just the custodians. | 我们只是监管者 |
[21:13] | This guy owns the place. | 他们才是地盘的主人 |
[21:17] | – My eyes are closed. – Close your eyes. | -我闭上眼睛了 -闭好眼睛 |
[21:20] | – My eyes are closed. – I swear to god, | -闭着呢 -说真的 |
[21:22] | if I’m going to be a captain of industry, | 如果我将成为企业的领导 |
[21:26] | we might as well enjoy the perks. | 我们不妨享受一下该有的特权 |
[21:28] | – You’re looking. – No I’m not. | -你偷看 -我没有 |
[21:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:34] | – Do you want to count it down? – You do it. | -倒数一下吗 -你来吧 |
[21:37] | Five… | 五 |
[21:39] | …Four, three, | 四 三 |
[21:42] | Two, | 二 |
[21:44] | One. | 一 |
[21:46] | Open them. | 睁开吧 |
[22:04] | Oh my gosh. | 我的老天 |
[22:10] | You like it up there or you want to come down? | 你想站在上面还是下来 |
[22:13] | – I want to come down. – Come on down. | -我想下来 -下来吧 |
[23:22] | Hi. | 早 |
[23:35] | It’s gonna be so beautiful here. | 这里会变得很美 |
[23:48] | Do you ever think about having kids? | 你有想过要孩子吗 |
[23:55] | Come on. | 好不好 |
[23:57] | Don’t you want a little David | 你不想要个小大卫 |
[23:59] | running around the house? | 绕着屋子玩耍嬉戏吗 |
[24:04] | Pulling at your toes in the morning? | 早晨抓着你的脚趾头 |
[24:07] | Smushing food in your hair? | 把吃的弄到你的头发上 |
[24:22] | Are you saying no? | 你这是说不吗 |
[24:24] | Can’t we just talk more about the apartment and, | 我们还是多聊点房子的事 |
[24:28] | you know, | 你知道 |
[24:29] | whether this is going to be a dining room or a living room? | 这里要做餐厅好还是卧室好 |
[24:31] | Or… you know? | 或是 你知道 |
[24:38] | Are you saying “not now” about kids | 你是说现在暂时不要孩子 |
[24:41] | or not ever? | 还是永远不要 |
[24:48] | Not ever. | 永远不要 |
[24:56] | David… | 大卫 |
[25:02] | Is there something wrong with you? | 你是不是有什么问题 |
[25:15] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:20] | There is something wrong with me. | 我确实有问题 |
[25:50] | Are you saying no? | 你这是说不吗 |
[26:00] | David? | 大卫 |
[26:04] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[26:07] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[26:10] | David, did you ever have any kind of psychiatric treatment? | 大卫 你接受过心理治疗吗 |
[26:15] | Well, after my mother died, I was sent to psychiatrists. | 母亲死后 我去看过心理医生 |
[26:20] | A lot of them, actually. | 其实大多数治疗 |
[26:23] | I didn’t find them very helpful. | 都没有什么作用 |
[26:26] | Was there anyone in your life | 那你有可以 |
[26:28] | with whom you did talk openly about your past? | 倾诉过去的朋友吗 |
[26:32] | David, you cocksucker! | 大卫 你个混蛋 |
[26:33] | Get over here and give me a hug. | 过来 抱抱我 |
[26:51] | look at her. | 瞧瞧她 |
[26:53] | I swear to god, | 说真的 |
[26:54] | I had no idea that people like her even existed. | 我没想到像她这种人还真的存在 |
[26:59] | She’s perfect. | 她真的是完美 |
[27:00] | What do you mean by perfect? | 你说的完美是什么意思 |
[27:03] | I mean there’s nothing that I do that she doesn’t like. | 我做什么她都喜欢 |
[27:11] | She hasn’t known you long enough. | 她还不了解你 |
[27:16] | It must be so exciting, having your first book published? | 你的处女作出版了 一定很兴奋吧 |
[27:20] | You know, I was thinking of taking some classes. | 我考虑要去念书 |
[27:23] | Maybe premed. | 医学预科 |
[27:25] | How’s David doing working for his dad? | 大卫跟他爸工作得怎么样了 |
[27:30] | He doesn’t say or he just says “Okay.” | 他要么不说 要么就说还好 |
[27:34] | Well, that’s him. It’s like… | 他就这样 |
[27:36] | like when he lost his mother. | 就像他失去母亲的时候 |
[27:39] | – When did she pass away? – Pass away? | -她什么时候去世的 -去世 |
[27:42] | She jumped off the roof, | 她从屋顶跳下来 |
[27:44] | cracked her skull open like a walnut on the driveway. | 摔到车道上 脑袋像核桃一样迸裂 |
[27:49] | David saw the whole thing. | 大卫看着整件事的经过 |
[27:50] | He hid under a table for a week. | 他在桌子底下躲了一个多星期 |
[27:52] | When he came out, it was… | 等他出来的时候 |
[27:54] | It was like he never had one. | 就好像他从来没有过 |
[27:58] | One what? | 没有什么 |
[28:01] | A mother. | 妈妈 |
[28:05] | And… and that was that. | 然后 就那样了 |
[28:07] | Excuse me, Katie. | 我得走了 凯特 |
[28:15] | Smile. | 笑一个 |
[28:22] | She’s very sweet. | 她很可爱 |
[28:23] | – Unbelievable. – What? | -真不敢相信 -怎么了 |
[28:26] | You’re the only person I know | 我认识的人 你是唯一一个 |
[28:27] | that can say “Sweet” like it’s… like you’re cursing. | 说别人可爱像骂人一样 |
[28:29] | I did– sweet is a great thing. | 没有 可爱很好 |
[28:31] | – I wish I was sweet. – Yeah, I wish you were sweet too. | -要是我能可爱点就好了 -我也希望 |
[28:34] | What’d you say to her? | 你都跟她聊些什么了 |
[28:36] | Nothing. I didn’t say anything to her. | 没啥 我没跟她说什么 |
[28:37] | We were just talking. I just met her. | 只是聊了天罢了 初次见面而已 |
[28:38] | Nothing? | 什么都没说吗 |
[28:40] | Anyway, I’ve missed you. | 不管怎样 我很想你 |
[28:48] | Quit it! I’m being sweet. I’ve missed you. | 别闹了 我表现得很好 我很想你 |
[28:51] | I’ve missed you too. | 我也很想你 |
[28:55] | You surprised me a little. | 我还觉得有点意外呢 |
[28:57] | You’re married to a nice blonde shiksa? | 你竟然娶了个如花似玉的金发女郎 |
[29:02] | Well, I wouldn’t put it like that. | 我倒没这么想过 |
[29:03] | You’re working for– you’re working for your dad, David? | 你居然开始为你父亲工作 大卫 |
[29:07] | Which you said you’d never do. | 以前你说你绝对不会做的 |
[29:09] | – When’s the baby shower? – Come on. | -什么时候办庆生会 -得了吧 |
[29:12] | You know, it’s still me. | 我还是我 |
[29:17] | Does that girl know how fucked up you are? | 那女孩知道你有多可怕吗 |
[29:20] | No, we’re gonna– we’re gonna straighten you out, David. | 没事 我们要帮你摆脱过去 大卫 |
[29:24] | We are. I know a great therapist | 我们可以的 我认识个很棒的心理医生 |
[29:25] | and you’re gonna love her because… | 你一定会爱上她 |
[29:29] | Because she does house calls. | 她愿意上门应诊 |
[29:41] | Try to focus on your breathing. | 试着注意自己的呼吸 |
[29:44] | It’s not so much the memory, but the feeling– | 关键不是记忆 而是那种情感 |
[29:48] | The feeling the memory evokes. | 被记忆唤起的情感 |
[29:53] | – Again? – Yeah. | -再来吗 -没错 |
[30:09] | Shit. | 该死 |
[30:33] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[30:58] | How did you and Katie feel about your new life in the city? | 你跟凯特觉得城里的新生活怎么样 |
[31:04] | Well, New York commercial real estate is very, | 纽约的地产业真是 |
[31:06] | You know, it’s button-down and white shoe, | 怎么说 一板一眼 |
[31:07] | and I really wasn’t set up for that. | 我还真是不太习惯 |
[31:12] | But Katie seemed to like the city | 不过凯特似乎挺喜欢这座城市的 |
[31:13] | and she’d fixed up the apartment and… | 她不光把公寓装修好了 |
[31:17] | and eventually we even ended up buying a weekend place | 我们还在威彻斯特的湖边 |
[31:19] | on a lake in Westchester. | 买了一栋度假小屋 |
[31:33] | Am I– am I overdressed? | 我是不是打扮得有点过了 |
[31:34] | You look beautiful. | 你看上去美极了 |
[31:40] | Oh! This place must have cost a pretty penny. | 买这地方肯定花了不少钱 |
[31:44] | Do you think all of these people drove up from the city? | 你觉得这些人都是从城里开车过来的吗 |
[31:52] | Hey, we’re looking for Katie. | 我们找凯特 |
[31:55] | Oh, my brother’s here. | 我哥来了 |
[31:58] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[32:05] | Oh my God, disco people. | 我的天 那些跳迪斯科的 |
[32:08] | Honey, babe– | 老婆 别 |
[32:09] | *But the hangman isn’t hanging* | *但刽子手不再作恶* |
[32:13] | You know, I really think it’s quite unique. | 我真觉得挺独特的 |
[32:15] | Of course I’d love to pick your brain about the business plan. | 我真心想向你讨教两招做生意的方法 |
[32:20] | Get up. Dance with me. | 起来 陪我跳会儿 |
[32:27] | Thank you for inviting us. | 谢谢你邀请我们来 |
[32:30] | It’s nice to finally meet the neighbors. | 做邻居的能见到面真好 |
[32:34] | Can I touch your belly? | 我能摸摸你的肚子吗 |
[32:36] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[32:39] | It’s moving. | 在动呢 |
[32:41] | She’s moving. | 是她在动 |
[32:43] | – How do you know? – I just do. | -你怎么知道孩子是女的 -我就是知道 |
[32:48] | Before we walked over, | 我们来之前 |
[32:51] | Barry tried on every shirt he owns. | 巴里翻箱倒柜地换衣服 |
[32:54] | We don’t get out much. | 我们的社交活动不多 |
[32:55] | Most of these people are David’s friends. | 来的人大多都是大卫的朋友 |
[32:59] | I don’t even think he knows half of them. | 我估计他连一半都不认识 |
[33:01] | Oh, I thought they were your friends. | 我还以为他们是你的朋友 |
[33:03] | – Some of them. – I guess | -一些人是 -我猜 |
[33:05] | it’s just the way people act around you. | 在你身边人就会这样 |
[33:07] | They sort of favor you. | 人们喜欢你 |
[33:12] | Maybe because I’m pregnant. | 可能是因为我怀孕的缘故吧 |
[33:15] | Are you?! | 真的吗 |
[33:19] | You’re the first person I’ve told. | 你是第一个知道的 |
[33:21] | That’s wonderful! How far along are you? | 这太棒了 你怀了多长时间了 |
[33:23] | I just found out. | 我也是刚发现 |
[33:25] | Um, I don’t know how it happened. | 我都不清楚什么时候怀上的 |
[33:29] | It wasn’t planned. | 纯属意外 |
[33:30] | – That’s not what I said. – You said that you couldn’t. | -我没这么说 -你说你不会让我怀上的 |
[33:32] | – That it wasn’t possible. – That’s not what I said. | -你说我不可能怀孕 -我没这么说 |
[33:34] | – That there was something wrong with you. – I didn’t say that. | -你说你有些问题 -我没说过 |
[33:36] | – Yes you did. – What’s the difference? | -你明明说过 -有区别吗 |
[33:39] | All the difference in the world. | 天差地别 |
[33:41] | Look, um, we’ve got an apartment in Manhattan. | 听我说 现在曼哈顿的房子也有了 |
[33:46] | We got a house in the country. | 乡间的别墅也有了 |
[33:47] | – We got a Mercedes. – I don’t care about all of that. | -奔驰也有了 -那些我一点都不在乎 |
[33:51] | – You don’t care… – I care about you, David. | -你不在乎 -我只在乎你 大卫 |
[33:55] | I want to have your child. David! | 我想为你生个孩子 大卫 |
[33:57] | Okay, if you don’t care, we’ll just go back to Vermont. | 行 你要是不在乎 我们马上回佛蒙特州 |
[33:59] | Fine, we’ll go back to Vermont, fine. | 可以 我们这就回 |
[34:01] | We’ll do whatever you want to do. | 都依你想的 |
[34:03] | Please, David. | 求你了 大卫 |
[34:07] | It won’t be like when you grew up. | 我保证你小时候的经历不会重演 |
[34:13] | What do you know about it? | 你都知道什么 |
[34:18] | I’m not blind. | 我又不是瞎子 |
[34:49] | David? | 大卫 |
[34:54] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[34:58] | You make me out to be this person | 你把我当作 |
[35:00] | that you… think that I am. | 你想象中的那个人 |
[35:07] | But I’m not that person. | 但我不是你想的那样 |
[35:11] | You can ask me anything you want. Anything anything. | 你叫我干什么都行 什么都可以 |
[35:17] | Anything and I’ll do it. | 你言出 我必行 |
[35:22] | Just don’t ask me this. I can’t do this. | 只是别叫我做这个 我做不到 |
[35:44] | Are you ready? | 准备好没 |
[35:57] | Uh, I gotta make a stop. | 等会儿停一下 |
[36:02] | On the way. | 顺道 |
[36:10] | What are we doing here? | 我们来这儿干什么 |
[36:13] | What is this place? | 这是哪儿 |
[36:16] | I gotta make a call. | 我得打个电话 |
[36:24] | I’m at the Luxor and there’s cops everywhere. | 我在里舍 这里到处都是警察 |
[36:26] | Listen to me, go over to the Avon. | 听我说 赶快到爱芳那里去 |
[36:29] | They may be next. | 他们可能就是下一个 |
[36:30] | No, you gotta find somebody else, okay? | 不行 这事你找其他人做吧 好吗 |
[36:32] | I gotta take Katie somewhere. | 我得带凯特去个地方 |
[36:34] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈的在胡说些什么 |
[36:37] | The Mayor’s not available. | 市长电话不通 |
[36:39] | David, get your ass over to the Avon and pick up the cash! | 大卫 他妈的赶快去爱芳把钱拿了 |
[36:56] | You go ahead and I’ll be right behind you, okay? | 你先走一步 我随后就到 好吗 |
[37:00] | I’ll be there. | 我会到的 |
[37:48] | Mr. Marks? | 麦克斯先生 |
[37:51] | Mrs. Marks? | 麦克斯夫人 |
[38:00] | I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[38:03] | we’ll have to get started. | 我们得开始了 |
[38:18] | David! | 大卫 |
[38:21] | Hey, David, David. | 你好啊 大卫 |
[38:24] | Hey, if it isn’t the happy couple. | 这可不就是那幸福的一对吗 |
[38:26] | They can’t seat us for like an hour. | 他们说我们得等一个小时 |
[38:28] | Do you mind, David? Is that okay? | 介意我俩坐这吗 大卫 可以吗 |
[38:30] | Uh, can we pull a chair over here, please? | 能麻烦你递把椅子过来吗 |
[38:31] | Is that okay? Thank you. | 好吗 谢谢 |
[38:35] | – Thank you, thank you. – My pleasure. | -谢谢 谢谢 -不客气 |
[38:40] | So I heard about all the excitement today. | 我听说今天发生的事了 |
[38:43] | Your old man must have had you running all over town. | 你爸肯定让你好一忙活了在市里到处跑 |
[38:51] | Sit. I’ll go. I’ll go, I’ll go. | 坐下吧 我去 我去 |
[38:54] | What is wrong with you? | 你脑子进水了 |
[39:09] | I’m sorry. That’s just Todd. | 我很抱歉 陶德就这副德性 |
[39:12] | He is completely unaware of anyone else around him, | 他完全意识不到周围人的感受 |
[39:16] | which just makes him an asshole. | 显得他很混蛋 |
[39:22] | Let’s step into my office. | 来我的隔间里 |
[39:25] | Come on, it’ll cheer you up. | 来吧 包你开心 |
[39:30] | Have you done this before? | 以前吸过没 |
[39:33] | No. | 没 |
[39:37] | You’re just gonna snort it back fast. | 把它一下子吸进去就可以了 |
[39:41] | Like this. | 像这样 |
[39:47] | Trust me, whatever’s on your mind now, | 相信我 不管你现在脑子里在想什么 |
[39:50] | it won’t be. | 马上会忘得一干二净 |
[41:11] | In the next few years, how did things change? | 接下来的几年中 事态是怎么变化的 |
[41:15] | We began sort of living separate lives. | 我们开始各过各的 |
[41:18] | Katie lived at our lake house. | 凯特住在我们的湖景房里 |
[41:20] | She was going to college near there. | 她准备去附近的一所大学念书 |
[41:22] | So it made sense, I guess, and… | 这也说得通 我猜 |
[41:26] | I was still working in the city, so that kept me busy. | 我仍然在城里工作 所以一直很忙 |
[41:32] | Did you even tell him you applied to medical school? | 向医学院申请入学这事你跟他说过吗 |
[41:34] | – Not yet. – You have to tell him. | -还没 -你一定得跟他说 |
[41:37] | I know, I– | 我知道 |
[41:39] | It’s because of school, you know. | 因为要上学 你知道 |
[41:41] | I’m here during the week | 我平时都一个人在这 |
[41:42] | and we only see each other on the weekends. | 周末才能见面 |
[41:44] | Yeah well, he’s gonna find out anyway, | 他迟早会知道 |
[41:46] | because you’re gonna get in. | 毕竟你一定会被录取 |
[42:20] | David? | 大卫 |
[43:35] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[43:40] | It was drifting away. | 船快飘走了 |
[43:42] | I don’t want anybody to steal it. | 我不想船被人偷走 |
[43:47] | Oh, David. | 大卫 |
[44:36] | Hi, you’ve reached David and Katie. | 这里是大卫和凯特的家 |
[44:38] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[44:42] | Hi, it’s me. I don’t know what time it is. | 是我 我不知道现在几点了 |
[44:45] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[44:47] | It’s so quiet here. | 我这里很安静 |
[44:49] | The smallest sounds are keeping me up. | 窸窸窣窣的声音扰得我无法入眠 |
[44:54] | Anyway, I just wanted to say I miss you | 不管怎样 我只是想告诉你我很想你 |
[44:57] | And I wanted to hear your voice. | 我想听听你的声音 |
[45:00] | I hope you’re still coming tomorrow. | 我希望你明天依旧能来 |
[45:02] | It would mean a lot to me. | 我很希望你能来 |
[45:23] | Harriet, just say it. | 哈莉特 你就认了吧 |
[45:25] | You can enjoy smoking, all right? | 吸烟又不是什么坏事 好不好 |
[45:27] | No, ’cause you called me. | 不是 是你打电话给我的 |
[45:29] | My little sister’s going to go to medical school. | 我妹妹要去念医学院了 |
[45:31] | Can you believe this? | 你能相信吗 |
[45:33] | Congratulations, David. You must be so proud. | 恭喜你 大卫 你一定很骄傲 |
[45:40] | – Where is the campus? – It’s in the Bronx. It’s in the city. | -校址在哪 -纽约市布朗克斯区 |
[45:44] | And it has one of the best pediatric programs in the country. | 校内还有全国首屈一指的儿科项目 |
[45:47] | Jim, I always thought you would become the doctor. | 吉姆 我还总想着你会当个医生呢 |
[45:50] | Thank you, ma. That’s nice. I feel much better about my life. | 谢了 妈 这话真受用 我感觉好多了 |
[45:54] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑呢 |
[45:55] | – That’s real nice, mom. – It’s all right, Jim. | -真不错 妈 -没什么 吉姆 |
[45:56] | Um, I can’t find your jacket. Do you know where you put it? | 我找不到你的外套 你知道放哪了吗 |
[45:59] | Oh, you’re not leaving? | 你不是要走了吧 |
[46:02] | – No. – Yes. | -当然不是 -得走了 |
[46:04] | – I gotta drive– – Sit down, David. | -我得开车 -坐下吧 得了吧 |
[46:05] | I gotta drive all the way back to the city. So, Katie? | 我得开回城里去 凯特你不走吗 |
[46:12] | What? I-I– I’m not going anywhere. | 什么 我哪都不去 |
[46:16] | Jim, Jim, sit down. | 吉姆 吉姆 坐吧 |
[46:18] | – I’m just– I’ll go start the car. – Do whatever you want. | -我去发动汽车 -随你吧 |
[46:21] | I’m not– I’m not leaving yet. | 我现在不走 |
[46:30] | What? | 什么 |
[46:32] | What is so important | 有什么十万火急的事 |
[46:33] | that we have to rush home for? | 非得现在赶回家 |
[46:40] | What, David? | 有什么 大卫 |
[46:50] | I’ll be waiting in the car. | 我在车里等你 |
[46:53] | “What’s so important that we have to rush home for?” | “有什么十万火急的事非得现在赶回家” |
[47:33] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[47:35] | Where you going to go? | 你到底要去哪 |
[47:37] | Where you going to live? ’cause if you leave me, | 你准备去哪住 要是离开我的话 |
[47:39] | I’m not going to be able to subsidize your lifestyle. | 甭想着我会继续养你 |
[47:41] | Which I don’t think that you want. I don’t want that. | 你肯定不想那样 我也不想 |
[47:45] | Look, can we just– | 听着 我们就不能 |
[47:47] | think about this for a second? | 静下心来想一会吗 |
[47:51] | I’ve never been closer to anyone | 你是我最亲的人 |
[47:54] | and I don’t know you at all. | 我却一点也不认识现在的你 |
[48:29] | Maybe I should go stay at my mom’s until I sort things out. | 事情理清之前 我还是先回娘家吧 |
[48:32] | You’re joking, right? | 你开玩笑吧 是不是 |
[48:34] | Why would you give up everything you’ve done just because of him? | 干吗为了这个男人放弃所有 |
[48:37] | And you’re not leaving New York to move back to– | 你绝对不能离开纽约回 |
[48:41] | Long Island– yuck. | 长岛 真恶心 |
[48:43] | Ma’am, I’m sorry. Your card was declined. | 夫人 很抱歉 您的信用卡被拒了 |
[48:47] | What? I– | 怎么可能 |
[48:49] | – Try it again. – Well, I already did. | -你再试试 -我试过了 还是不行 |
[48:53] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[48:55] | Do you have another card or cash? | 您还有别的卡或是现金吗 |
[48:58] | It’s only $22.75. | 只是22.75元 |
[49:00] | – I know how much it is. – Here. | -我知道花了多少 -给 |
[49:04] | What the hell are you looking at? | 你他妈看什么看 |
[49:06] | Eat your salad. | 吃你的沙拉去 |
[49:10] | I just need enough money to get through school. | 我只需要足够的钱去交学费 |
[49:13] | Look, I’m trying to explain. | 我已经解释过了 |
[49:16] | Your husband is the beneficiary of a number of family trusts. | 你丈夫是众多家庭信托基金的受益人 |
[49:19] | Most of which were set up a long time ago. | 其中大部分是很早以前开设的 |
[49:21] | – I know that. – That means that as long as you’re married, | -我知道 -这意味着只要夫妻关系不变 |
[49:24] | You can have access to his money, but if you separate, | 你便有权支配他的财产 但你们要是分居 |
[49:27] | if you divorce him, you won’t get any money, | 抑或是离婚的话 你一分钱都得不到 |
[49:30] | because he doesn’t have any. | 因为他没有钱 |
[49:32] | Not of his own. | 这钱不是他自己的 |
[49:33] | – Motherfuckers. – Regardless, | -操 -不管怎么说 |
[49:37] | families like the Marks set their assets up this way | 通过这样的财产处理方式 |
[49:39] | – to protect them from divorces. – Motherfuckers! | -使麦克斯家在离婚时不用分割财产 -操 |
[49:42] | Okay, could you just not– just not do that? | 够了 能请你不要说那个字了 好吗 |
[49:49] | These people play hardball. | 这些人就喜欢来硬的 |
[49:53] | If you want a settlement, | 你要是想要赡养费 |
[49:55] | you’re gonna have to think of a way to motivate them. | 就得想个方法来刺激他们 |
[50:10] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎样 |
[50:13] | Good. | 不错 |
[50:23] | I… had lunch with Lauren today. | 我跟劳伦吃了午饭 |
[50:34] | What else did you do today? | 你今天还干了些什么 |
[50:51] | What the hell is that? | 搞什么鬼 |
[50:53] | Someone’s up on the terrace. | 有人在外边 |
[50:54] | Call the police. | 快报警 |
[51:00] | Oh God. | 上帝啊 |
[51:05] | Jesus, Jesus. | 天哪 天哪 |
[51:13] | What the hell happened? | 到底发生了什么事 |
[51:14] | – Kel, call the police. – No no. | -凯尔 快报警 -不 不要 |
[51:16] | No! No no no. No no no… | 别报警 不要 不要 |
[51:27] | David. | 大卫 |
[51:29] | Katie’s next door with us. | 凯特跟我们在一起 |
[51:31] | She’s scared to come home. | 她害怕回家 |
[51:33] | Well, we had a fight. | 我们吵了一架 |
[51:37] | But it’s nothing, you know? | 不过真的没什么 |
[51:38] | It’s nothing. I mean, it’s not nothing, | 没什么大不了的 也不是 |
[51:40] | but you can tell her to come home. It’s over. | 但现在你可以让她安心回家 事情结束了 |
[51:43] | Will you tell her to come home, please? | 能麻烦你告诉她回家来吗 |
[51:45] | Actually I think she should stay with us tonight. | 实际上我觉得她今晚最好和我们一起 |
[51:47] | Just let things cool off between you. | 好让你们俩冷静一下 |
[51:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:59] | Good night. Thank you. | 晚安 多谢你了 |
[52:18] | – Hi, Lula. – Hello, Mrs. Marks. | -你好 卢拉 -你好 麦克斯夫人 |
[52:20] | Um, is David in? | 大卫在里面吗 |
[52:21] | No, he’s upstairs with his brother. | 没 他和他弟弟在楼上谈事呢 |
[52:24] | Okay, I’ll be in his office. I’m just gonna make some calls. | 行 那我在他办公室等他 再打几个电话 |
[52:42] | At the tone, the time will be 11:59… | 现在报时 11时59分 |
[52:52] | At the tone, the time will be 11:59 and 20 seconds. | 现在报时 11时59分20秒 |
[53:12] | At the tone, the time will be 11:59 and 40 seconds. | 现在报时 11时59分40秒 |
[53:51] | I’m going to lunch now, Mrs. Marks. | 我去吃午饭了 麦克斯夫人 |
[53:54] | Okay, Lula. | 知道了 卢拉 |
[53:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[54:38] | At the tone, the time will be 12:10 and 40 seconds. | 现在报时 12时10分40秒 |
[55:09] | Good evening, Mrs. Marks. | 晚上好 麦克斯夫人 |
[56:34] | – Send it back. – Excuse me, sir? | -寄回去 -你说什么 先生 |
[56:36] | It’s a family matter. It has nothing to do with us. | 这是家庭事务 与我们无关 |
[56:51] | It’s not just that you barely show up for work | 现在你不光怠工 |
[56:53] | or that you can’t control your home situation, | 就连家庭问题都处理不好 |
[56:56] | When you are here, you’re stoned most of the time. | 你待在这里时 大部分时间就像块木头 |
[56:59] | This is untenable. | 我真是不明白了 |
[57:01] | There’s an office on three. It’s out of the way. | 三楼有间办公室 你搬去 让大家都省事 |
[57:04] | No one will bother you. You won’t have to bother with anything. | 没人打搅你 你也不必担心任何事 |
[57:07] | You keep your secretary, get your mail… | 你还会有自己的秘书 收取邮件 |
[57:11] | I don’t know what else to say. | 我真不知道还有什么好说的 |
[57:14] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[57:26] | Why couldn’t you just have given her what she wanted? | 你干吗不遂了她的心愿 |
[57:33] | You’re a very weak man, David. | 你是个非常软弱的人 大卫 |
[57:39] | Did there come a time | 当你的父亲 |
[57:40] | when your father passed on control of the Marks organization? | 移交了麦克斯集团的产权时 |
[57:44] | Not to you, but to your younger brother? | 没有给你 而给了你的弟弟 是这样吗 |
[57:49] | Oh yeah, that’s correct. | 是的 没错 |
[57:53] | When that happened, how did you feel? | 事后 你怎么想的 |
[57:58] | I was glad. | 我很高兴 |
[58:05] | Oh my God, Katie. | 上帝啊 凯特 |
[58:06] | – I’m sorry. I– – No no, you said you weren’t coming. | -很抱歉 -没事 你之前说你不来了 |
[58:11] | Is everything okay? | 都还好吗 |
[58:12] | Oh, I– I don’t know. No. Is mom home? | 我不清楚 妈在家吗 |
[58:15] | No, she’s still in florida. | 不 她还在佛罗里达呢 |
[58:22] | I couldn’t resist. | 我情不自禁就买了 |
[58:34] | He– | 他 |
[58:35] | died when I was 16. | 在我十六岁时就死了 |
[58:39] | Uh, I don’t remember much. | 我记不清了 |
[58:43] | 10 years! | 十年了 |
[58:45] | How did that happen, you know? | 真是难以置信 你知道吗 |
[58:49] | And he does love me. | 他确实很爱我 |
[58:52] | But I have to look out for me now. | 但我现在得为自己着想 |
[58:55] | I have my whole life to live. | 我还有我的人生 |
[59:00] | My father used to say | 我父亲过去常说 |
[59:02] | “We should never regret the things we do, | “我们不应为所做之事为悔 |
[59:04] | only the things we don’t do.” | 而应以未尽之事为憾” |
[59:08] | But… | 但是 |
[59:11] | I had– I had an abortion. | 我堕了胎 |
[59:16] | And I don’t know what that is. | 这算哪一样 |
[59:20] | If it’s something I did, | 这是所做之事 |
[59:22] | or something I didn’t do. | 还是未尽之事 |
[59:33] | Hello? | 你好 |
[59:35] | David? | 是你吗 大卫 |
[59:37] | Katie? | 凯特 |
[59:39] | Katie, don’t cry. | 凯特 别哭 |
[59:41] | Don’t cry. | 别哭了 |
[59:45] | You have to let me go. | 你必须得放我走 |
[59:47] | This is killing me. | 我快要受不了了 |
[59:50] | Oh, I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[59:53] | I know that now. Just come home. | 我现在了解了 你先回家来吧 |
[59:56] | I can make this better, I promise. | 一切都会好的 我保证 |
[1:00:00] | Baby, just come home. Please. | 宝贝 回家来吧 求你了 |
[1:00:04] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:00:06] | Katie? | 凯特 你在听吗 |
[1:00:11] | Katie? | 凯特 |
[1:00:19] | What are you looking at? | 你看什么看 |
[1:00:25] | Katie? Hey, Katie, where are you going? | 凯特 凯特 你要去哪 |
[1:00:28] | I’m going home. I’ll call you in the morning. | 回家 明早我给你打电话 |
[1:00:29] | You can’t drive like this. You’ve been drinking. | 你这样怎么开车 你喝酒了 |
[1:00:33] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:00:37] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:01:55] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[1:01:59] | You hungry? | 饿不饿 |
[1:02:02] | Where’s Ivan? | 艾文呢 |
[1:02:03] | Um… the kennel. | 狗窝里 |
[1:02:07] | Oh, why? You know he hates it there. | 为什么 你知道它讨厌那儿 |
[1:02:11] | Yeah, I know, but he bit me. | 我知道 谁让它咬我 |
[1:02:14] | Here. | 来 |
[1:02:17] | I’m cold. | 我很冷 |
[1:02:37] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[1:02:48] | You would have made a good mother. | 你本会是个好妈妈 |
[1:06:46] | So what am I doing here? | 找我来干吗 |
[1:06:58] | She must have hated you. | 她一定很恨你 |
[1:07:02] | Your mother was a very sick woman, David. | 大卫 你妈妈病得很严重 |
[1:07:11] | She wasn’t always like that though. She was happy. | 她不是一直那样的 她曾经很快乐 |
[1:07:20] | I did everything I could for her, just like I did for you. | 对她我已经尽力了 对你也是 |
[1:07:27] | Y…you…you let me, uh… | 你让我 |
[1:07:31] | Stay out there and watch her jump. | 站在外面 看着她跳下去 |
[1:07:36] | I told the nanny to take you inside. | 我叫保姆带你进屋 |
[1:07:42] | That’s not true. | 你说谎 |
[1:07:50] | You left me out there to watch. | 你让我站在外面看着 |
[1:07:53] | I saw her there, you know? | 我看着她 |
[1:07:58] | On the driveway. | 摔在车道上 |
[1:08:01] | I thought she was sleeping. | 我以为她睡着了 |
[1:08:03] | So I tried to wake her up. | 我想叫醒她 |
[1:08:06] | – I touched her head… – This is morbid. | -我摸她的头 -你太偏激了 |
[1:08:08] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[1:08:13] | How come you didn’t just pick me up, dad? | 你为什么不出来找我 爸爸 |
[1:08:18] | How come you just didn’t take me inside? | 为什么不带我进屋 |
[1:08:30] | I thought if she saw you standing there… | 我以为如果她看见你在那 |
[1:08:35] | She wouldn’t jump. | 就不会跳了 |
[1:08:56] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡觉了 |
[1:08:59] | Go home to your wife. | 回去陪你老婆吧 |
[1:09:02] | She’s gone. | 她不在了 |
[1:09:06] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:09:10] | Now I’m just like you. | 现在我和你一样了 |
[1:09:53] | David! | 大卫 |
[1:09:55] | Something happened in 1982 | 1982年发生了一些事情 |
[1:09:58] | that kinda turned your world upside down. | 使你的生活变得面目全非 |
[1:10:01] | David! | 大卫 |
[1:10:02] | Yes sir. | 是的 |
[1:10:04] | We, uh… | 我们 |
[1:10:07] | we went to the lake for the weekend | 周末去了湖边 |
[1:10:09] | And I put her on the train to go back into the city that evening | 那晚我把她送上火车回市里 |
[1:10:13] | And that was the last time I ever saw her. | 那是我最后一次见她 |
[1:10:19] | But according to statements made to the police at the time | 但根据警方当时的记录 |
[1:10:22] | She was in fact seen later that night | 那天晚些时候有人看见她 |
[1:10:25] | At your apartment in the city. | 出现在你们市里的公寓 |
[1:10:27] | Miss Katie. | 凯特小姐 |
[1:10:30] | Yes sir. | 是的 |
[1:10:34] | Your doorman said he saw her the next morning, | 门卫说第二天早上还见过她 |
[1:10:37] | Making a phone call and getting into a taxicab. | 打了电话然后上了出租车 |
[1:10:41] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[1:10:44] | Uh, yeah, that’s correct. | 是的 |
[1:10:48] | So at the time there was a substantial investigation | 那时警方对凯特的失踪 |
[1:10:51] | into Katie’s disappearance. | 进行了大量的调查 |
[1:10:55] | Yes sir. | 是的 |
[1:10:57] | And were you ever considered a suspect? | 他们怀疑过你吗 |
[1:11:03] | No. | 没有 |
[1:11:11] | As you know, Katherine Marks has been missing now for five days. | 凯瑟琳·麦克斯已经失踪五天了 |
[1:11:15] | David, her husband, is very distraught. | 他的丈夫 大卫 非常焦躁 |
[1:11:18] | And so he’s asked that I speak to you on his behalf. | 所以他请我代表他发言 |
[1:11:21] | Now the Marks family is offering a $15,000 reward for | 麦克斯家悬赏一万五千美金 |
[1:11:26] | any information that leads to the discovery of Katie’s whereabouts. | 寻找凯特下落 |
[1:11:31] | I’m sorry, but, uh, for the moment | 不好意思 目前 |
[1:11:34] | That’s all I’m able to tell you. Thank you. | 我只能说这么多 谢谢 |
[1:11:36] | Thank you. There’ll be no more questions at this time. | 谢谢 不再接受提问 |
[1:11:38] | – Can we just get a phone number? – Thank you. | -能留个电话号码吗 -谢谢 |
[1:11:40] | Please, can you just respect the family’s need for privacy | 请尊重家庭的隐私好吗 |
[1:11:42] | at this very very difficult time? | 特别是在这种紧要关头 |
[1:11:45] | We’ll keep you up to date if anything new comes along. | 一有消息会通知你们 |
[1:11:57] | Where are we going next? | 接下来去哪儿 |
[1:11:59] | Uh, we haven’t covered west end below 70th. | 西区七十街以南还没贴 |
[1:12:11] | We can start again early in the morning. | 明天一大早再去吧 |
[1:12:30] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[1:12:57] | So, David, I want to get you now to the year 2000. | 大卫 说下2000年的事吧 |
[1:13:10] | If I could have some water? | 我能喝点水吗 |
[1:13:17] | Right away. | 马上开始 |
[1:13:23] | Thank you for coming on such short notice. | 感谢大家能够临时赶来 |
[1:13:26] | Due to new evidence and a close look at the case, | 基于一些新证据还有对案子的仔细调查 |
[1:13:29] | I’ve decided to reopen the investigation | 我决定重新立案调查 |
[1:13:32] | into the disappearance of Katherine Marks. | 凯瑟琳·麦克斯失踪一案 |
[1:13:35] | Katherine disappeared in 1982, | 凯瑟琳1982年失踪 |
[1:13:37] | almost 20 years ago. | 差不多二十年了 |
[1:13:39] | And she remains a missing person to this day. | 至今仍被列为失踪人口 |
[1:13:42] | Now there are plenty of | 有很多人 |
[1:13:43] | people who thought they got away with crimes. | 认为自己可以逍遥法外 |
[1:13:45] | That we’re now finding can be solved | 现在有了DNA和其他法医证据 |
[1:13:47] | based on DNA and other forensic evidence. | 我们一定能顺利破案 |
[1:13:50] | And I’m sure that puts a lot of people on edge right now. | 现在一定很多人如坐针毡了 |
[1:13:53] | I’ll take your questions. | 请提问吧 |
[1:13:57] | Well, what did you believe was going on? | 你们知道发生什么了吗 |
[1:14:00] | Well, it was clear to me that the district attorney | 我很清楚检察官重新调查此案 |
[1:14:02] | Was reopening the investigation to further her political career. | 只是为了发展她的政治事业 |
[1:14:06] | There wasn’t anybody who didn’t know about it. | 没人不知道这件案子 |
[1:14:09] | You couldn’t walk down the street, | 你不可能不上街 |
[1:14:11] | you couldn’t walk past the newspaper stand. | 你不可能不去报摊 |
[1:14:13] | It was just, you know, | 关于那件案子的消息 |
[1:14:16] | everywhere. | 无处不在 |
[1:14:19] | What did you do then? | 那你怎么做的 |
[1:14:21] | I… | 我 |
[1:14:24] | intended to fill up my car with clothing and linen | 打算装满一车衣服和日用品 |
[1:14:27] | and go somewhere and hide and disguise myself. | 找个地方躲起来 伪装成别人 |
[1:14:31] | It seemed to me that the problem was being David Marks. | 最大的问题就是做大卫·麦克斯 |
[1:14:36] | So I just wanted not to be David Marks anymore. | 所以我不想再做大卫·麦克斯了 |
[1:14:59] | Do you mind? Can you just hold it down a little bit? | 麻烦你能小声点吗 |
[1:15:02] | You know, it’s just very abrasive on my ears. | 我的耳朵快受不来了 |
[1:15:05] | And you don’t have to let the door slam like that. | 你不需要那么大声关门 |
[1:15:09] | You know, I just need a little consideration. | 多体谅下我吧 |
[1:15:12] | What? | 干吗 |
[1:15:16] | So now you’re living in Galveston, Texas. | 你住在德州的加尔维斯顿 |
[1:15:20] | And you meet Malvern bump for the first time. | 你就是在那遇见马尔文的 |
[1:15:30] | Did you pretend to be mute? | 你假装成哑巴吗 |
[1:15:34] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[1:15:36] | Yeah well, just be sure and turn the hall light off | 好吧 你进出的时候要记得关灯 |
[1:15:39] | When you’re coming and leaving, ’cause it’s on my meter. | 因为算的是我的电费 |
[1:15:45] | Do you think Malvern believed you were a mute? | 你认为马尔文相信你是哑巴吗 |
[1:15:49] | I doubt it. | 我很怀疑 |
[1:15:51] | Do you think he believed you were a woman? | 那他相信你是个女人吗 |
[1:15:55] | Probably not. | 不相信吧 |
[1:15:58] | 18 years ago this lakeside cottage was | 十八年前这个湖边小屋是 |
[1:16:01] | a weekend retreat for New York real estate heir David Marks | 纽约地产继承人大卫·麦克斯 |
[1:16:04] | and his wife Katherine, | 和他年轻漂亮的医科学生妻子 |
[1:16:05] | a beautiful young medical student. | 凯瑟琳的周末度假所 |
[1:16:07] | Now according to Westchester county district attorney | 根据威彻斯特的地方检察官 |
[1:16:10] | Janice Rizzo, | 詹妮斯·里佐所言 |
[1:16:11] | It is being considered a possible crime scene. | 这里很可能是个犯罪现场 |
[1:16:14] | Earlier today, in an exhaustive search, | 今天早些时候 经过详细的搜查 |
[1:16:17] | cadaver dogs uncovered a body. | 警犬发现了一具尸体 |
[1:16:19] | Unfortunately for hopeful investigators, | 遗憾的是 调查人员满怀希望 |
[1:16:22] | it was just the remains of a dead dog. | 找到的却是一具狗的尸体 |
[1:16:25] | Sources inside the Da’s office say that Rizzo’s interest | 办公室内部人员透露 里佐对此案的兴趣 |
[1:16:28] | in the case was triggered by an unpublished manuscript | 来自一本未发表的手稿 |
[1:16:32] | written by this woman, Deborah Lehrman. | 作者是迪波拉·勒曼 |
[1:16:34] | Lehrman’s novel apparently describes a murder, | 勒曼的小说描写了一宗谋杀案 |
[1:16:37] | the details of which are strikingly similar to | 其中的细节和1982年 |
[1:16:39] | those surrounding the disappearance of Katie Marks in 1982. | 凯特·麦克斯的失踪案惊人得相似 |
[1:16:43] | Investigators are also interested in talking to David Marks, | 调查人员很想和大卫·麦克斯谈谈 |
[1:16:47] | But at the moment, no one seems to be able to find him. | 但现在没人知道他在何方 |
[1:16:52] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[1:16:59] | David, it’s Deborah. | 大卫 是我 迪波拉 |
[1:17:02] | I can’t believe this is happening again. | 居然又来了 |
[1:17:05] | I don’t know how people get my number. | 不知道他们是怎么知道我的号码 |
[1:17:07] | First it was this… | 一开始 |
[1:17:09] | it was this reporter | 有个记者找我 |
[1:17:10] | And now a cop’s calling from New York. | 现在又是一个纽约的警察 |
[1:17:12] | Every five minutes. | 每隔五分钟就打来 |
[1:17:16] | And I want to be there for you, David, uh, I do, | 大卫 我很想能陪在你身边 |
[1:17:19] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[1:17:22] | I have my own problems now. Fuck… | 我自己都有麻烦 妈的 |
[1:17:27] | I had an accident. | 我出了车祸 |
[1:17:29] | It’s nothing serious, but my car needs– | 不严重 但是我的车 |
[1:17:35] | As you know, | 你知道的 |
[1:17:38] | Life in los angeles without one is impossible. | 在洛杉矶没车是没法生活的 |
[1:17:41] | Come on, let’s go. | 我们走 |
[1:17:42] | And uh… Lulu, let’s go. Oh fuck! | 而且 鲁鲁我们走 该死 |
[1:17:45] | I hate myself for asking, but…Shit. Come on. | 我不想向你开口 该死 快过来 |
[1:17:49] | I need more money. | 但是我需要钱 |
[1:17:56] | I don’t know if this is record… | 不知道这留言 |
[1:18:25] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[1:18:27] | David, why are you avoiding me? | 大卫 你为什么要躲我 |
[1:18:32] | I’ve always been there for you. | 我一直都是支持你的 |
[1:18:33] | I’ve been a good… a good friend to you. | 我一直是你的好朋友 |
[1:18:36] | Don’t you fucking… | 你他妈 |
[1:18:44] | Who says I’m bothering ’em? | 谁说我烦人 |
[1:18:45] | I pay my rent like everybody else. | 我和他们一样付了房租 |
[1:18:47] | You’ve got 30 days, Malvern! | 马尔文 你还有一个月 |
[1:18:49] | I pay you! I pay good money for this shithole! | 我付了房租的 很大一笔钱 |
[1:18:52] | Get away. I got rights here. | 走开 我有权住这 |
[1:18:56] | What rights? You got 30 days to get out, Malvern. | 什么权利 你有30天滚出去 马尔文 |
[1:18:58] | You’re lucky I don’t call the cops. | 你该庆幸我没叫警察 |
[1:19:00] | – Where am I gonna go? – Whatever. | -你要我去哪 -随便 |
[1:19:02] | You got 30 days, Malvern. | 你还有30天 马尔文 |
[1:19:04] | And stop turning off the goddamn light. | 别他妈关路灯 |
[1:19:10] | It’s on my meter. | 算的是我的电费 |
[1:19:15] | What sort of relationship developed between you and Malvern? | 你和马尔文的关系发展得怎么样 |
[1:19:25] | We became good friends. | 我们成了好朋友 |
[1:19:43] | Where the hell did you learn to shoot like that? | 你他妈在哪学会这么开枪的 |
[1:19:51] | – The purple heart… – I swear to god. | -你得了紫色勋章 -是真的 |
[1:19:54] | For a sunburn. | 因为晒伤吗 |
[1:19:56] | And then we spent the entire war | 整个打仗期间 |
[1:19:59] | shooting coconuts off the side of the boat. | 我们都在船上打椰子 |
[1:20:32] | Why do you wear all that shit for anyway? | 你他妈干吗总穿成这样 |
[1:20:37] | What? | 什么 |
[1:20:40] | The girl stuff. | 女人的衣服 |
[1:20:44] | You like that kind of thing? | 你的嗜好吗 |
[1:20:49] | No. | 不是 |
[1:20:51] | I guess… | 我想 |
[1:20:57] | I just kinda want to disappear for a little while. | 我只是想消失一段时间 |
[1:21:03] | What about you? Is that why you came out here? | 你呢 也是因为这个才来这的吗 |
[1:21:12] | Me, I… | 我 |
[1:21:18] | I disappeared a long time ago. | 我消失了很长时间了 |
[1:21:33] | You know, I’m not always home | 你知道我经常不在家 |
[1:21:39] | And I know how you like to watch television. | 我知道你爱看电视 |
[1:21:43] | So… | 所以 |
[1:21:48] | You seem like someone I can trust. | 你像是值得信任的人 |
[1:21:51] | You know, I may need you to do something for me one day. | 我以后也许会需要你的帮忙 |
[1:21:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:22:13] | In the days and weeks to come, | 之后的日子里 |
[1:22:15] | did Malvern become aware that you had a lot of money? | 马尔文发现你有很多钱了吗 |
[1:22:19] | I mean, he became aware that I was planning on buying a house. | 他发现我打算买个房子 |
[1:22:24] | What effect did you see that have on Malvern? | 你觉得这对马尔文有什么影响吗 |
[1:22:29] | Well, Malvern had a problem. | 马尔文有点麻烦 |
[1:22:32] | He was getting evicted | 他被赶出去了 |
[1:22:33] | And I guess he thought I was gonna be the solution. | 我猜他觉得我会是他的解决之道 |
[1:22:44] | I can remember looking at houses together, | 我记得我们一起看房 |
[1:22:46] | and, you know, he was saying things like, | 他会说 |
[1:22:48] | “Well, this would be a good place for you to buy | 这里很不错 可以考虑 |
[1:22:50] | because there’d be room for me over there.” | 因为有我能住的地方 |
[1:22:52] | Yeah, it was very uncomfortable. | 让我很不舒服 |
[1:22:57] | This place might be good for us, Malvern. | 这很适合我们俩住 马尔文 |
[1:23:08] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[1:23:11] | David, I need to see you. | 大卫 我要见你 |
[1:23:15] | You need to come out here. | 你必须出面 |
[1:23:17] | If I don’t hear from you, I… | 如果见不到你 |
[1:23:18] | I’m gonna blow the lid off things. | 我会把所有事都抖出去 |
[1:23:21] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我在说什么 |
[1:23:43] | David? | 大卫 |
[1:23:46] | I know. David? | 我知道 大卫 |
[1:23:49] | David! | 大卫 |
[1:23:51] | You didn’t give me time to clean up. | 你都不给我收拾的时间 |
[1:23:54] | Turn that down. Benefits eclipse the 400,000 watermark | -关小声点 -上周福利消耗从40万 |
[1:23:58] | Cocksucker. | 混蛋 |
[1:23:59] | David, you’re gonna go deaf. | 大卫 吵死人了 |
[1:24:51] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[1:24:53] | David, are you there? | 大卫 你在吗 |
[1:24:57] | Everything is taken care of. | 事情都办妥了 |
[1:25:00] | You told me to call, so… | 你让我给你打电话 |
[1:25:03] | I’m calling. | 我就打了 |
[1:25:05] | I just need something to eat. | 我需要点吃的 |
[1:25:07] | I haven’t had anything to eat and there’s no food here. | 我什么都没吃 这里没有吃的 |
[1:25:10] | So I thought, well, | 所以我想 |
[1:25:13] | Maybe I’d stop on the way back and… | 我可以在回去的路上停一下 |
[1:25:35] | Hello, yes, | 你好 |
[1:25:36] | My friend and I came to your open house a few weeks ago, | 我和我朋友几周前去过你的房子 |
[1:25:40] | Uh, for unit 107. | 107套间 |
[1:25:42] | Deborah Lehrman wasn’t just killed, it was an execution. | 迪波拉·勒曼不仅被杀了 是被处决了 |
[1:25:46] | Her death is a very questionable death, Michelle. | 她的死有很多可疑之处 米歇尔 |
[1:25:49] | Not just in terms of the fact that it was a homicide, | 先不说这是一起谋杀案 |
[1:25:51] | but the timing is extremely curious. | 案发时间就很可疑 |
[1:25:54] | Curious because Deborah Lehrman was murdered | 可疑的是 迪波拉·勒曼被谋杀时 |
[1:25:57] | just before district attorney Janice Rizzo had | 检察官詹妮斯·里佐 |
[1:26:00] | intended to question her about another mystery… | 正打算询问她20年前 |
[1:26:02] | the disappearance 20 years earlier | 年轻漂亮的医科学生 |
[1:26:05] | of a beautiful young medical student named Katherine… | 凯瑟琳失踪案的有关事宜 |
[1:26:45] | Okay, you have the “Post” Interview, Marks. | 邮报的采访 关于麦克斯 |
[1:26:48] | Then a phoner with W.I.N.S. Also about the Marks case, | W.I.N.S.的电话访谈 也是一样 |
[1:26:52] | Which we can do from the car. | 这个可以在车上做 |
[1:26:54] | We got a call from Albany. | 我们接到来自阿尔巴尼的电话 |
[1:26:56] | They want you to do that meeting tonight. | 他们希望今晚见个面 |
[1:27:00] | – Got the numbers I asked for? – Yeah. | -拿到我要的数了吗 -当然 |
[1:27:02] | They’ve been very generous to the governor. | 他们对政府官员都很慷慨 |
[1:27:05] | Totals are in the last column. | 总额在最后一栏 |
[1:27:07] | These are all from the Marks family? | 这些都是麦克斯家给的吗 |
[1:27:16] | I’ll have to change. | 我得换衣服了 |
[1:27:28] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[1:27:32] | David? | 大卫 |
[1:27:35] | Come on, David. | 接电话 大卫 |
[1:27:37] | I know what’s going on. | 我知道这是怎么回事了 |
[1:27:41] | I talked to the broker. | 我跟房产经纪人谈过了 |
[1:27:43] | She said you… | 她说你 |
[1:27:44] | She says you never even made an offer. | 她说你从没出过价 |
[1:27:49] | I trusted you. We had a deal. | 我那么信任你 我们说好的 |
[1:27:53] | Pick up the fucking phone! | 你他妈快接电话 |
[1:28:07] | – Hello. – Mr. Sachs. | -你好 -萨克先生 |
[1:28:09] | – Solly. Good to see you. – You too. | -梭里 很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[1:28:11] | – Pl-please. – Yes. | -请吧 -谢谢 |
[1:28:27] | – No no, don’t get up. – Thank you for coming. | -不用起来了 -谢谢你能来 |
[1:28:29] | My pleasure. | 不客气 |
[1:28:32] | Now what can I do for you? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[1:28:35] | Some things have been happening | 发生了一些事 |
[1:28:36] | that have been quite uncomfortable for my family. | 让我的家人感觉很不好 |
[1:28:46] | You want the ship to go down? We’re in a typhoon. | 你想让船沉吗 我们遇到台风了 |
[1:29:08] | So, David, on the night in question | 大卫 说说那晚 |
[1:29:11] | you came home and found Malvern had been evicted. | 你回家发现马尔文被扫地出门的那晚 |
[1:29:16] | Uh, yes. | 好吧 |
[1:29:20] | Explain to the jury, please, what happened then. | 跟陪审团解释下之后发生了什么 |
[1:29:27] | That pays attention to my orders? | 收到我的命令了吗 |
[1:29:32] | Engine room reports number one switchboard | 机房呼叫一号机 |
[1:29:34] | Shorted out by saltwater. Shifted to number two. | 海水让它短路了 转到二号 |
[1:29:41] | Can’t do much better heading into the wind. | 风中也只能这样了 |
[1:29:44] | I trusted you! | 我那么信任你 |
[1:29:49] | Fleet course is 1800. | 走1800航线 |
[1:29:51] | Captain, we’re in serious trouble. | 船长 我们有大麻烦了 |
[1:29:53] | Mr. Marik, if you question my decisions once more, | 马里克你再质疑我的判断 |
[1:29:55] | I’ll order you off this bridge. | 你就离开这里 |
[1:29:56] | You’re not giving orders on this bridge anymore. I’ve relieved you… | 你没有权利命令我了 我已经取代你了 |
[1:30:01] | Mr. Marik, you’re under arrest… | 马里克 你被捕了 |
[1:30:03] | So Malvern came at you with a gun? | 马尔文拿枪对着你 |
[1:30:06] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[1:30:09] | He, uh, had been evicted | 他被赶出门 |
[1:30:11] | And he was desperate. | 他很绝望 |
[1:30:17] | He demanded that I | 他想让我 |
[1:30:20] | take him in. | 收留他 |
[1:30:23] | And I just wasn’t gonna do that. | 我不愿意 |
[1:30:30] | Uh, there was a struggle | 我们发生了争执 |
[1:30:32] | and then the gun went off. | 枪走火了 |
[1:30:41] | All right then. | 好吧 |
[1:30:42] | If Malvern’s death was a matter of self-defense, | 如果马尔文死于正当防卫 |
[1:30:46] | Why didn’t you call the police? | 你为什么不报警 |
[1:30:49] | Because I knew that no one would believe me. | 因为我知道没人会相信我 |
[1:30:53] | I just knew that no one would believe | 没人会相信 |
[1:30:55] | that it was an accident. | 那是个意外 |
[1:30:58] | So I had to get rid of the body. | 所以我得把尸体处理掉 |
[1:31:20] | So no one would believe you because of your past? | 没人会相信你是因为你的过去吗 |
[1:31:26] | – I’m sorry? – Your past. | -什么 -你的过去 |
[1:31:31] | Now let’s clear that up. | 我们来理清线索 |
[1:31:32] | Set the record straight. | 澄清一下事实 |
[1:31:34] | Did you kill your best friend Deborah Lehrman? | 你杀了你的好朋友迪波拉·勒曼吗 |
[1:31:42] | David, you’re gonna go deaf. | 大卫 吵死了 |
[1:31:47] | No. | 没有 |
[1:31:52] | Can you think of any connection between | 那迪波拉·勒曼的死 |
[1:31:54] | the death Of Deborah Lehrman | 和你妻子凯特·麦克斯的失踪 |
[1:31:56] | and the disappearance of your wife Katie Marks? | 有关系吗 |
[1:32:13] | No sir. | 没有 |
[1:32:17] | David, is there anything you would like to add? | 大卫 你还有要补充的吗 |
[1:32:26] | David! | 大卫 |
[1:33:28] | Anything else, David? | 大卫 你还要补充什么吗 |
[1:33:32] | No. | 没有了 |
[1:33:36] | Thank you, David. | 谢谢 大卫 |
[1:33:38] | I have no more questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[1:35:19] | I miss her so much. | 我很想她 |
[1:35:58] | Glow my every night my honey lemon died… | 照亮我每个夜晚 我亲爱的小柠檬丢了 |