时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Bette? | 贝特 |
[00:03] | Dot? | 多特 |
[00:04] | Here you are. | 你们在这儿呢 |
[00:06] | You have a visitor. | 有人来看望你们了 |
[00:08] | This young man was concerned about your welfare. | 这位年轻人担心你们的安全 |
[00:11] | As you can see, | 正如你所见 |
[00:12] | Bette and Dot aren’t prisoners, | 贝特和多特不是囚犯 |
[00:13] | they’re our guests. | 她们是我们的贵宾 |
[00:15] | They can leave anytime they want. | 她们随时都可以离开 |
[00:18] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[00:19] | We’re being treated very well, Jimmy. | 他们待我们很好 吉米 |
[00:22] | When the girls first stepped foot in our house, | 双胞胎刚到我们家时 |
[00:23] | they were malnourished, both body and soul. | 身心都缺乏滋润 |
[00:25] | A daily regimen of vitamins and foie gras | 每日食用维他命以及鹅肝酱 |
[00:27] | brought the pink back to their pallor. | 让她们容光焕发 |
[00:29] | Bette, Dot, I know this seems like the Life of Riley now, | 贝特 多特 我知道这种日子看似安逸 |
[00:33] | but trust me, this is no place for you. | 但相信我 你们不该待在这里 |
[00:35] | Because to them, | 因为对他们来说 |
[00:36] | you’re nothing more than a curiosity. | 你们不过是新奇的玩物 |
[00:38] | A freak to gawk at. | 供他们娱乐的怪胎 |
[00:40] | So what do you want us to do? Go back to the show? | 你想让我们怎么做 回畸形秀吗 |
[00:43] | How is that any different? | 那里又有什么不同呢 |
[00:45] | Because you’d have a whole community of people to protect you. | 因为在那里有一群人保护你们 |
[00:48] | Why would we harm a hair on their heads? | 我们怎能忍心伤她们分毫呢 |
[00:50] | We paid good money for these girls. | 双胞胎可是我们重金买下的 |
[00:52] | Mother’s right. | 母亲说得没错 |
[00:53] | Don’t listen to a word. | 别听他胡言乱语 |
[00:54] | Everything he says is a lie. | 他说的都是谎言 |
[00:57] | Jimmy, you told us | 吉米 你告诉我们 |
[00:58] | you saved those kids from the killer clown. | 是你从小丑杀人狂手下救出了那些孩子 |
[01:01] | It was Dandy. | 救出他们的是丹迪 |
[01:03] | He was there when you were unconscious. | 你失去意识的时候 他也在场 |
[01:06] | He’s the real hero. | 他才是真正的英雄 |
[01:09] | Ladies and Gentlemen! | 女士们先生们 |
[01:14] | I’ve always wondered how this trick was done. | 我一直很好奇这个魔术是如何做到的 |
[01:17] | Haven’t you? | 你们不好奇吗 |
[01:18] | Leave her alone! | 放开她 |
[01:20] | Bette… | 贝特 |
[01:22] | Dot… | 多特 |
[01:24] | You have to come with me. Now. | 你们得马上跟我走 |
[01:26] | You don’t give the orders in this house. | 你在这家里无权发号施令 |
[01:30] | Dot, | 多特 |
[01:31] | I know you have mixed feelings. | 我知道你心情很复杂 |
[01:33] | You’re thinking of getting the surgery, which I’ll never allow. | 你想进行手术 我是不会允许的 |
[01:36] | ‘Cause you’d never cut a girl in half, would you, Dandy? | 因为你绝不会切开一个女孩 对吧 丹迪 |
[01:38] | Shut up! Stop trying to ruin everything! | 闭嘴 少来破坏我的生活 |
[01:41] | How do you know, Dandy? | 你是怎么知道的 丹迪 |
[01:46] | About the surgery? | 关于手术的事 |
[01:48] | I told you there will be no secrets between us. | 我说了我们之间没有秘密 |
[01:52] | You read my diary. | 你看了我的日记 |
[01:57] | I want to leave. | 我想离开 |
[01:58] | She can’t leave without Bette. | 贝特不同意她不能离开 |
[02:00] | We’re in love, | 我们相爱了 |
[02:01] | and love trumps everything. | 爱情高于一切 |
[02:04] | Well, your mother said the girls could go any time they want. | 你母亲说双胞胎可以随时离开 |
[02:06] | Let’s let them decide. | 那就让她们来决定 |
[02:10] | Bette, | 贝特 |
[02:11] | I know you love me. | 我知道你爱我 |
[02:14] | Tell them | 告诉他们 |
[02:14] | you want to stay | 你想要留下来 |
[02:16] | and live forever in luxury with me. | 和我一起共享奢华的生活 |
[02:18] | There’s something wrong with Dandy and you know it. | 丹迪有问题 这你心知肚明 |
[02:27] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[02:31] | But I choose my sister, | 但我选择跟从我姐姐 |
[02:33] | always. | 永远如此 |
[02:36] | We have to go. | 我们得走了 |
[04:07] | Testing. | 测试 |
[04:09] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:10] | Let’s do this. | 我们开始吧 |
[04:12] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[04:30] | *Come as you are* | *来到我身边* |
[04:33] | *As you were* | *一如过往* |
[04:35] | *As I want you to be* | *一如我的希愿* |
[04:39] | *As a friend, as a friend* | *作为挚友* |
[04:43] | *As an old enemy* | *作为宿敌* |
[04:47] | *Take your time* | *不慌不忙* |
[04:49] | *Hurry up* | *或匆匆而至* |
[04:51] | *The choice is yours* | *由你选择* |
[04:52] | *Don’t be late* | *别迟到* |
[04:55] | *Take a rest* | *稍作歇息* |
[04:57] | *As a friend* | *作为挚友* |
[04:59] | *As an old memory* | *或是宿敌* |
[05:05] | *Memory, ah* | *回忆如烟* |
[05:09] | *Memory, ah* | *回忆如烟* |
[05:15] | *Well, I swear* | *我发誓* |
[05:17] | *That I don’t have a gun* | *我并未持枪* |
[05:21] | *No, I don’t have a gun* | *不 我并未持枪* |
[05:34] | you seen Andy around? | 你有看见安迪吗 |
[05:35] | Not since the last time you came by looking. | 你上次来找之后还没见过 |
[05:39] | Never fall in love with a hustler. That’s my advice. | 别跟男妓谈恋爱 听我句劝 |
[05:45] | *Memory, ah* | *回忆如烟* |
[05:49] | *Memory, ah* | *回忆如烟* |
[05:49] | You keep your mouth shut! | 你他妈给我闭嘴 |
[05:55] | *And I swear* | *我发誓* |
[05:56] | *That I don’t have a gun* | *我并未持枪* |
[06:05] | *Memory, ah* | *回忆如烟* |
[06:21] | Truthfully? Adequate. | 实话说 强差人意 |
[06:23] | I’m not changing anything. | 我不会改变分毫 |
[06:25] | That’s the song, that’s how I’m doing it. | 这就是我的歌 爱怎么唱我说了算 |
[06:26] | Tonight. Mid-show number. | 今晚 作中场重头戏 |
[06:29] | Do you honestly believe | 你真的认为 |
[06:32] | that I would allow you | 我会让你 |
[06:33] | to sap the energy of the audience? Huh? | 削弱观众们的兴致吗 |
[06:36] | Remember to whom you speak. | 记得你是在跟谁说话 |
[06:38] | I know exactly who I’m talking to! | 我很清楚我是在跟谁说话 |
[06:45] | A liar. | 一个骗子 |
[06:47] | And we don’t take orders from liars. | 我们不听从一个骗子的命令 |
[06:52] | What’s going on here, huh? What is this? | 这是怎么回事 你在说什么 |
[06:55] | The twins, Elsa. | 双胞胎 艾莎 |
[06:56] | We know what you did with the twins. | 我们知道你对双胞胎做了什么 |
[06:58] | They ran off! | 她们自己逃了 |
[06:59] | I told you that. | 我跟你说过了 |
[06:59] | Yeah, we heard your story. | 是啊 我们听过你的说法了 |
[07:04] | Maybe it’s time we heard theirs. | 或许该听听她们的说法了 |
[07:05] | What? | 什么 |
[07:11] | You sold them off. | 你把她们卖了 |
[07:13] | Like pets. | 像宠物一样 |
[07:15] | That’s not quite how it happened, actually… | 其实事情不是这样 |
[07:17] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[07:18] | Keep it buttoned. | 闭嘴 |
[07:19] | I know what I’m doing. | 我心里有数 |
[07:23] | It’s true Miss Elsa took us to Dandy Mott, | 的确是艾莎小姐带我们去找丹迪·莫特的 |
[07:25] | but only because I asked her to. | 不过那是我要求的 |
[07:27] | But you said that… | 可是你说… |
[07:28] | Well, you misunderstood. | 你误会了 |
[07:30] | Miss Elsa didn’t sell us. | 艾莎小姐没有卖掉我们 |
[07:33] | She helped us. | 她帮了我们 |
[07:37] | We wanted to experience the finer things in life. | 我们想体验一下高档精致的生活 |
[07:41] | And Elsa was kind enough to make that happen. | 艾莎体贴地帮我们实现了这个梦想 |
[07:45] | But she also said we always had a home here, | 不过她也说只要我们想 |
[07:47] | if that’s what we wanted. | 这里永远是我们的家 |
[07:50] | So we’ve decided to come home. | 所以我们决定回家 |
[07:53] | If you’ll have us. | 只要你愿意让我们回来 |
[07:54] | Well, of course, my darlings. | 当然了 亲爱的 |
[07:58] | Anything you want. | 一切随你们喜欢 |
[08:12] | Miss Ethel, | 艾瑟尔小姐 |
[08:14] | we’ll get this taken care of. | 咱们会解决好的 |
[08:15] | Don’t you worry about me. | 你不用担心我 |
[08:17] | The good doctor’s gonna fix me up, right as rain. | 医生会把我完全治好的 |
[08:22] | You be sure and book your surgery. | 你要记得预约手术 |
[08:24] | Oh, I will. I can hardly wait. | 我会的 我都等不及了 |
[08:32] | “Closed for business”? | 诊所关闭 |
[08:35] | What on earth? | 怎么回事 |
[08:59] | Where’s Dr. Bonham? | 博纳姆医生呢 |
[09:02] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[09:04] | Oh, no… | 不 |
[09:05] | Spare me the theatrics. | 别假惺惺的了 |
[09:07] | I’m not a fan of yours. | 我可不吃你们这套 |
[09:08] | Well, you’re a very rude young woman. | 你太无礼了 年轻人 |
[09:11] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[09:12] | I’m his daughter. | 我是他女儿 |
[09:13] | Oh, you’re the one he moved down here for? | 他就是为了你才搬到这里的吗 |
[09:16] | No. | 不 |
[09:17] | I’m the other one. | 我是另一个 |
[09:19] | The one without a husband and children. | 是没有丈夫没有小孩的那个 |
[09:21] | I came down from Boston to bury him. | 我从波士顿过来安葬他 |
[09:24] | What happened to him? | 他怎么了 |
[09:26] | You killed him! | 你们杀了他 |
[09:28] | Your very existence challenged his beliefs in God and science. | 你们的存在动摇了他对科学和上帝的信仰 |
[09:32] | So before he blew his brains out, | 所以在他轰飞自己的脑袋之前 |
[09:34] | he took a hammer and smashed both of his hands. | 他用锤子砸碎了自己的双手 |
[09:36] | The hands of a surgeon. | 用来做手术的双手 |
[09:37] | – They were his most valuable possession. – Oh, God… | -那曾是他最珍贵的财产 -天哪 |
[09:40] | What am I gonna do now? | 我该怎么办 |
[09:42] | You’re gonna get out, before I call the cops. | 你们得在我报警之前滚出去 |
[09:44] | Oh, come… just a minute… | 别…等一下 |
[09:45] | Get out, you freaks! | 滚出去 你们这些畸形 |
[10:08] | Hey, it’s the Strong Man. | 这不是大力士吗 |
[10:11] | I keep trying with this thing | 我一直在试 |
[10:12] | and I can’t even get it halfway up. | 可是一半都打不到 |
[10:14] | I feel like a damn fairy. | 我觉得自己像个娘炮 |
[10:17] | Hey, don’t be cute, buddy. | 别跟我耍嘴 伙计 |
[10:18] | I’m in the mood to hurt someone today, | 我今天心情不好想打人 |
[10:20] | and trust me, you don’t want it to be you. | 相信我 你绝不会想成为我的出气筒 |
[10:21] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[10:22] | You can’t actually get it up? | 你敲不起来吗 |
[10:38] | Well, I’ll be. | 不赖嘛 |
[10:40] | Say, what do you say we go get a drink and you, uh, | 咱俩能不能去喝一杯 |
[10:42] | you tell me your trick? | 你告诉我你的秘诀 |
[10:43] | I know this place a couple of towns over | 我知道过几个镇有个好地方 |
[10:46] | called, uh… High Noon. | 名叫正午酒吧 |
[10:50] | What? | 怎么 |
[10:51] | You-you haven’t heard of it? | 你没听说过吗 |
[10:53] | Why, that’s funny, because I saw you there today. | 这就怪了 因为我今天明明在那里见到过你 |
[10:57] | And so did a lot of other people, I’m sure. | 我确定当时还有其他人看到了你 |
[10:59] | You were pretty upset about one of those, | 你对一个在那里工作的 |
[11:02] | uh, sweet little things that works there. | 小甜心还挺上心的 |
[11:05] | What’s going on, fellas? | 怎么了 伙计们 |
[11:09] | Kind of hard to hit the bell | 理查德挡在你面前 |
[11:10] | when Richard’s in your way, isn’t it? | 不是挺难打到顶的 |
[11:12] | You might hit him instead. | 你可能会不小心打到他啊 |
[11:17] | Ah, these things are rigged anyway, right? | 反正这些东西也是动过手脚的 |
[11:20] | Dell and I are gonna head into the tent to chat, instead. | 戴尔和我要去帐篷里聊会儿天 |
[11:23] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[11:30] | Rule number one. | 第一条规则 |
[11:32] | When attempting to blackmail a man with freakish strength | 想要要挟一个力大无穷 |
[11:35] | and a mean streak the size of the panhandle, | 脾气火爆的家伙 |
[11:38] | make sure you got witnesses. | 一定要有目击证人 |
[11:50] | You’re my ideal man. | 你就是我理想的类型 |
[11:52] | And I’m not talking about your bulging muscles. | 我说的不是你的肌肉 |
[11:54] | Though I have to admit– for someone so strong, | 不过我得承认 你人这么强壮 |
[11:57] | you lack the beefcake look. | 样子却不怎么样 |
[11:59] | No. | 不 |
[12:00] | You have the three qualities I love in a person. | 你身上有我最爱的三个特质 |
[12:03] | One– you lack a moral code. | 第一 你没有道德准则 |
[12:05] | Two– you can kill a man with your bare hands. | 第二 你空手就能杀死一个人 |
[12:07] | And three– you have to do whatever I say, | 第三 你得乖乖照我说的做 |
[12:09] | or I’m gonna make sure this whole place knows | 不然我会让这里所有人都知道 |
[12:11] | that you have someone else’s shit under your fingernails. | 你喜欢捣菊花 |
[12:13] | Oh, I’m gonna kill you. | 我要杀了你 |
[12:15] | Not now, you won’t. | 现在可不行 |
[12:17] | Maggie saw us come in here. | 玛姬看到咱俩进来了 |
[12:19] | And not later. | 别忙着走 |
[12:21] | ‘Cause I’m very good with this thing. | 我可擅长使这东西了 |
[12:22] | I like to aim for the jewels. | 我特喜欢照命根子开枪 |
[12:24] | Kind of my signature shot. | 算是我的招牌动作 |
[12:26] | The screams of the men who have been nut-shot | 打爆了蛋的男人发出的叫声 |
[12:28] | are so specific. | 真是太特别了 |
[12:30] | Came here to make a deal, right? | 咱们不是要做个交易吗 |
[12:32] | Talk. | 说吧 |
[12:44] | I need one of your freaks. | 给我个畸形人 |
[12:46] | Dead. | 要死的 |
[12:48] | Keep it clean, I want the body intact. | 干净利落点 尸体要完整 |
[12:50] | And it needs to look like they just disappeared. | 要神不知鬼不觉 |
[12:58] | You want me to kill one of my own? | 你想让我杀自己人 |
[13:00] | I weep from your sudden sentimentality. | 我为你一时的慈悲感动 |
[13:08] | There’s a barn a couple of miles due west of here. | 离这里正西方几英里有个谷仓 |
[13:13] | Bring the body there. | 把尸体带过去 |
[13:18] | You’ve got a day. | 给你一天时间 |
[13:26] | What’s on your mind? | 你在想什么 |
[13:27] | You’re a million miles away tonight. | 你今晚心不在焉的 |
[13:30] | I was just thinking about the twins. | 我在想那对双胞胎 |
[13:32] | How they changed their story. | 她们为什么改说法 |
[13:34] | Made me look like a fool in front of everybody. | 让我在大家面前出丑 |
[13:36] | Maybe they got confused. | 也许她们是糊涂了 |
[13:39] | No, there’s something weird going on around here. | 不 这里面有蹊跷 |
[13:42] | I don’t know what, but it’s got my head all screwed up. | 我不明白怎么回事 把我脑子弄得好乱 |
[13:46] | Maybe it’s another sign. | 也许这也是一个启示 |
[13:48] | That it’s time for us to go. | 我们该走了 |
[13:50] | We could leave right now, before the sun comes up. | 我们可以在太阳升起前就离开 |
[13:53] | Unless you changed your mind… | 除非你改主意了… |
[13:55] | No, of course not. | 没 当然没有 |
[13:57] | I’ll go with you. | 我会跟你走的 |
[13:58] | Then let’s go. | 那就走吧 |
[14:00] | Right now. | 马上 |
[14:01] | I can’t right now. | 现在走不了 |
[14:02] | It doesn’t feel right. | 感觉不对劲 |
[14:05] | That rich kid, | 那个富二代 |
[14:06] | you should have seen the way he was looking at the twins. | 你该看看他看双胞胎的眼神 |
[14:11] | And that second clown– | 第二个小丑 |
[14:12] | do you think you would recognize his voice if you heard it? | 你再听到他的声音能认出来吗 |
[14:16] | I-I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[14:17] | He was… he was wearing that mask. And… | 他当时…戴了面具 |
[14:20] | it’s over. | 都过去了 |
[14:21] | Why does it matter? | 那有什么关系 |
[14:23] | Because justice is justice. | 因为正义应得到伸张 |
[14:25] | That guy almost sawed you in half. | 那家伙差点把你锯成两半 |
[14:27] | If the rich kid did it, he has to pay. | 如果是他 那他就要付出代价 |
[14:32] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想的吗 |
[14:34] | You’re stalling. | 我觉得你在拖 |
[14:35] | No, I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[14:37] | I want to go. | 我也想走 |
[14:39] | I just need a few more days to get everything in order. | 我只需要几天把事情处理妥当 |
[14:42] | That’s bullshit. | 都是胡扯 |
[14:44] | You’re never gonna leave this place. | 你根本不会离开这地方 |
[15:37] | You trying to get with me? | 你想打我的主意 |
[15:42] | Don’t make this difficult now. | 别挣扎了 |
[15:45] | Goddamn it! | 我靠 |
[16:03] | All right, all right, uncle, uncle. | 行了 你强 你强 |
[16:17] | Who’s the strong man now? | 现在谁才是壮男 |
[16:26] | And all I can think about is | 我现在满脑子 |
[16:28] | his grubby hands all over me. | 都是他用那双脏手碰我 |
[16:30] | No, keep your hand on ice. | 别 把手泡在冰水里 |
[16:32] | Your swelling will never go down. | 否则就不能消肿了 |
[16:35] | Dell’s done a lot of rotten things, but this? | 戴尔干了很多坏事 但这个 |
[16:38] | He must be out of his mind. | 他一定是疯了 |
[16:40] | We got to get our facts straight, | 我们得弄清真相 |
[16:41] | so when we go to the cops… | 这样去报警时… |
[16:42] | Cops? | 报警 |
[16:44] | You of all people saying that. | 你是最不该说这话的 |
[16:47] | Dell is our problem; we’re gonna fix it. | 戴尔是我们的麻烦 我们得处理掉 |
[16:49] | We’re gonna sneak into his trailer, kill him. | 我们溜进他的拖车 杀了他 |
[16:52] | What?! Whoa, whoa! | 什么 天啊 |
[16:53] | Ma, where’s this coming from? | 妈 你怎么会出这种主意 |
[16:55] | I know him, Jimmy. | 我了解他 吉米 |
[16:56] | I know what he’s capable of. | 我知道他能做出什么事 |
[16:58] | And you don’t. | 而你不知道 |
[16:59] | Jesus, Ma, well, at least let me talk to him. | 天啊 妈 至少先让我跟他谈谈 |
[17:02] | What if he’d come after Maggie? | 要是他打玛姬的主意呢 |
[17:04] | You’d be the first one charging in with a gun. | 你肯定第一个拿枪去找他 |
[17:06] | You don’t know what it’s like, | 你不知道那种感觉 |
[17:07] | peepers flipping up our skirts. | 偷窥狂掀我们裙子的滋味 |
[17:10] | You know what your problem is, Jimmy? | 你知道你有什么问题吗 吉米 |
[17:11] | You’re stuck on the rosy notion | 你太乐观 |
[17:13] | that the world operates on goodness, decency. | 觉得世人都正派善良 |
[17:19] | Truth is– | 但其实 |
[17:21] | all goodness guarantees ya… | 善举就只能 |
[17:23] | is an early grave. | 让你死得早 |
[17:27] | But the biggest joke of all– | 最可笑的是 |
[17:30] | the thing that’ll sink ya every time… | 每次最让人绝望的 |
[17:36] | …is hope. | 就是希望 |
[17:40] | Hope that the world will right itself. | 希望世界能拨乱反正 |
[17:44] | That the just will be rewarded and the wicked punished. | 正义获得回报 恶人受到惩罚 |
[17:51] | Oh, once you buy into that horseshit, | 你要是信了这种鬼话 |
[17:54] | you’re dead in the water. | 你就彻底玩完 |
[17:57] | The only way to survive | 在这恶心肮脏的世界 |
[17:59] | in this disgusting godforsaken world… | 生存下来的唯一办法 |
[18:05] | …is to take control. | 就是把握控制权 |
[18:07] | Ain’t nobody gonna take care of our people but us. | 只有我们自己人才能照顾自己人 |
[18:11] | Dell hurt one of our own, | 戴尔伤了我们自己人 |
[18:14] | we can’t let him get away with that. | 我们不能不采取行动 |
[18:17] | Can’t let… | 不能让… |
[18:20] | that degenerate prick win. | 那个堕落小人得逞 |
[18:26] | He’s got to pay. | 他得付出代价 |
[18:27] | He will, Ma, he will. | 他会的 妈 他会的 |
[18:30] | I can make it right. | 我能拨乱反正 |
[18:32] | I’ll kick his ass to the curb, I’ll tell him | 我会让他滚 告诉他 |
[18:33] | to get the hell out of here, never come back. | 滚出这里 别再回来 |
[18:35] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[18:37] | I can handle Dell. | 我能处理戴尔 |
[18:42] | You handle him. | 你去处理他 |
[18:45] | Or we will. | 否则就我们来 |
[18:52] | See that? | 看到了吗 |
[18:53] | Easy-peasy-Japanesey. | 小菜一碟 |
[19:00] | Sweet holy Jesus, Ralph. | 我的天啊 拉尔夫 |
[19:02] | You only got halfway up there. | 你才打到一半 |
[19:04] | I-I’ve seen nine-year-old girls | 扎辫子的九岁小女孩 |
[19:06] | in pigtails hit it higher than that. | 都比你锤得高 |
[19:13] | I’ve got to talk to you. | 我要和你谈谈 |
[19:15] | Man to man. | 男人之间的谈话 |
[19:17] | Well, tell me when the other man shows up, | 那另一个男人来了告诉我一声 |
[19:19] | and I’ll talk to him. | 我会和他谈的 |
[19:21] | Funny. Not here. | 真搞笑 不在这儿谈 |
[19:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:29] | Let’s go into town. | 我们去镇里 |
[19:31] | I’ll let you buy me a drink. | 我让你请我喝一杯 |
[19:43] | So, tell me– | 说吧 |
[19:46] | what do you girls want in exchange | 你们俩编了那堆关于我的好话 |
[19:48] | for that charming tale about my kindness? | 到底想拿来交换什么 |
[19:53] | You want me to stay here | 你们想让我留在这儿 |
[19:55] | and not compete with your Hollywood, uh, | 不去好莱坞和你们的 |
[19:59] | Siamese Twins Floor Wax Hour? | 《连体双胞胎地板蜡秀》竞争吗 |
[20:01] | We’re not going to Hollywood. | 我们不去好莱坞 |
[20:03] | We don’t trust Richard Spencer. | 我们不信任理查德·斯宾瑟 |
[20:05] | Why take a chance on a stranger | 既然这儿有我们想要的一切 |
[20:07] | when we have all we need right here? | 何必跟一个陌生人去冒险呢 |
[20:10] | Hmm, so that’s all you want? | 这就是你们想要的吗 |
[20:11] | To stay here? | 留在这里 |
[20:12] | Just tell her what you told me. | 把你对我讲的话告诉她 |
[20:20] | Go on. | 说啊 |
[20:21] | I want to become a comedienne. | 我要做喜剧演员 |
[20:23] | Like Eve Arden. | 就像伊芙·阿登[女演员]那样 |
[20:24] | And I could crack jokes and tell stories in between songs. | 我可以在歌曲间隙讲笑话或者讲故事 |
[20:29] | Oh, and I want caviar for breakfast. | 对了 我早餐要吃鱼子酱 |
[20:31] | And I want to dye my hair blonde. | 我还要染金发 |
[20:34] | And 20. | 还有20的事 |
[20:35] | And 20% of the box office. | 以及20%的票房收入 |
[20:37] | Off the top. | 票房总收入的20% |
[20:41] | You can have it. | 可以 |
[20:42] | Once I’m in Hollywood. | 等我去了好莱坞就行 |
[20:44] | We want the money now. | 我们现在就要那笔钱 |
[20:46] | And we also want the money that Gloria | 我们还要你卖掉我们的时候 |
[20:48] | gave you when you sold us. | 歌莉娅给你的那笔钱 |
[20:53] | This is blackmail. | 你们这是在敲诈 |
[20:56] | My, my, my. | 天啊 |
[20:58] | You girls have come a long way | 自打我把你们从医院救出来之后 |
[21:00] | since I’ve rescued you from the hospital. | 你们俩真是变了不少呢 |
[21:04] | What about you, Dot? Hmm? | 你呢 多特 |
[21:10] | You’re very quiet. | 你怎么不说话 |
[21:12] | Do you condone this… outrageous behavior? | 你能容许这过分的行径吗 |
[21:18] | In fact, I think we should take 50% of the box office. | 事实上 我觉得我们该拿票房的50% |
[21:33] | Jesus, what the hell was that, gasoline? | 天呐 这是什么玩意儿 汽油吗 |
[21:36] | It tastes like piss on fire, but it’s cheap. | 尝起来就像着了火的尿 但很便宜 |
[21:39] | It’ll get you drunk twice as fast. | 会让你醉得更快 |
[21:41] | Let’s have another one. | 再来一杯 |
[21:43] | One’s good for me. I don’t do liquor. | 一杯就够了 我不喝酒 |
[21:44] | I seen what it did to my ma. | 我看到了我妈酗酒的下场 |
[21:46] | I’m scared, once I start, I won’t be able to stop. | 我怕一但开始就停不下来 |
[21:49] | Come on. You’re not gonna become a drunk in one night. | 得了 你不会一夜之间就变成酒鬼的 |
[21:52] | It doesn’t work that way. | 不是那样的 |
[21:53] | You got to commit to it. | 那得是醉心于其中 |
[21:56] | Fine. You want to talk? Talk. | 好吧 你想谈谈 那就说吧 |
[21:58] | Fine. I don’t know | 好吧 我不知道 |
[21:59] | what happened between you and Amazon Eve, | 你和女战士艾薇之间发生了什么 |
[22:01] | but they’re putting together a lynch mob | 但她们准备联合起来 |
[22:02] | to string you up by your balls. | 私下收拾了你 |
[22:04] | That woman is nuts. | 那个女人是个疯子 |
[22:05] | I mean, I just went in there to… | 我进去只是想 |
[22:07] | talk to her about maybe doing a little… | 和她谈谈我们排一个 |
[22:10] | Strong Man and Strong Woman act in the show. | 《大力男女》的节目 |
[22:13] | I didn’t get one word out, | 我话还没出口 |
[22:13] | and she’s smashing me over the head with a frying pan. | 她就拿煎锅狂打我的头 |
[22:16] | That’s not what she says. | 她可不是这么说的 |
[22:20] | Hey, just leave the bottle here. | 把瓶子放在这儿吧 |
[22:24] | What are you, a mama’s boy? | 怎么 你还没断奶吗 |
[22:26] | We’re supposed to have a man-to-man. | 我们不是要像男人一样谈话吗 |
[22:28] | Well, men drink. | 是男人就喝酒 |
[22:35] | Attaboy. | 这就对了 |
[22:39] | She can say whatever she wants. | 她想怎么说都行 |
[22:41] | Look at her. Look at me. | 看看她 再看看我 |
[22:43] | Who got the worst of it? | 谁更惨 |
[22:44] | It doesn’t matter who’s telling the truth. | 谁说的是事实不重要 |
[22:46] | Those gals are gonna mess you up. | 她们要为难你 |
[22:49] | – Yeah. – You and me are no friends to each other, | -得了 -我们又不是朋友 |
[22:51] | and I’m not gonna miss you when you’re gone, | 你走了我也不会想你 |
[22:52] | no matter how you go, | 不管你是怎么走的 |
[22:53] | but we’ve had enough trouble already this year. | 但今年我们的麻烦已经够多了 |
[23:24] | You must sweat like a thoroughbred with those. | 戴着这个一定热坏了 |
[23:30] | Yeah, but it’s worth it to be able to be out here in the world. | 嗯 但能到正常世界里来 这也值得 |
[23:33] | Living a life, talking to girls… | 过正常人的生活 和女孩搭讪 |
[23:35] | I guess it… | 我想 |
[23:36] | it would be nice not to have to wear them. | 如果不用戴的话的确更好 |
[23:41] | I remember this one time, | 我记得有一次 |
[23:42] | we were camping up in Wisconsin all summer. | 我们夏天驻扎在威斯康星州 |
[23:45] | Yeah, and things were going pretty good, | 我们的表演挺火爆 |
[23:46] | so Elsa extended our stay into the fall. | 艾莎就让我们一直待到了秋天 |
[23:49] | But when she did that, | 但那个时候 |
[23:52] | our winter spot down in Tampa fell through | 我们在坦帕的冬季演出取消了 |
[23:54] | and we had to ride out the whole winter up there in the cold. | 我们不得不在那儿待了一整个冬天 |
[23:58] | It was fun at first, ’cause most of those guys | 一开始很有趣 因为大多数人 |
[24:00] | had never seen snow before, but… | 都没见过雪 但是 |
[24:02] | by January, everybody was shitting their pants from the cold. | 到一月的时候 大家都冷得受不了了 |
[24:06] | I went out hunting and… | 我去打猎 |
[24:09] | shot a rabbit. | 打中了一只兔子 |
[24:10] | Skinned it for a coat for Ma Petite. | 用它的皮给小可爱做了件外套 |
[24:15] | You ever see those pictures in Life magazines | 你见过《生活》杂志上 |
[24:18] | of the African tribal warriors where the… | 非洲部落战士的照片吗 |
[24:21] | where the whole head and the skin of a… | 他们披着狮子的头和皮 |
[24:23] | a lion, like a cloak? | 像斗篷一样 |
[24:26] | That’s what Ma Petite looked like. | 小可爱看起来就是那样的 |
[24:28] | Except… | 不过 |
[24:31] | …except it was with a rabbit head. | 那是个兔头 |
[24:37] | I can see it. | 我能想象到 |
[24:39] | I can see that. | 能想象到 |
[24:41] | Man, I love that little broad. | 我真喜欢那小姑娘 |
[24:46] | Anyway… | 反正 |
[24:49] | those were the best few months of my life, | 那是我人生中最开心的几个月 |
[24:51] | because I was just a guy wearing gloves. | 因为 我只是个戴手套的人 |
[24:56] | Just like every other guy. | 跟大家一样 |
[24:58] | Least I could pretend I was, you know? | 至少我可以假装 |
[25:05] | Give me the gloves. | 把手套给我 |
[25:20] | You got nothing to be ashamed of. | 你没什么可不好意思的 |
[25:23] | If anyone looks at you funny, | 有人敢用异样的眼光看你 |
[25:24] | I’ll break their skulls. | 我敲碎那人的脑袋 |
[25:35] | Unless it’s a girl, right? | 除非是个姑娘 |
[25:40] | Unless it’s a girl. | 除非是个姑娘 |
[25:52] | I don’t feel good. | 我感觉不太好 |
[25:54] | I think I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[26:30] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[26:37] | I always known. | 我一直都知道 |
[26:41] | Hell, just the way Mama hates you tells me everything I need to know. | 光是妈妈恨你的样子就足以说明一切了 |
[26:46] | But I got proof. | 但我有证据 |
[26:48] | I asked some of the old-timers, | 我问过几个老人 |
[26:50] | the ones that have been around since Methuselah was a kid. | 那些早就在的人 |
[26:54] | They told me about your dad | 他们跟我说起过你父亲 |
[26:57] | and your brothers. | 还有你的兄弟们 |
[27:00] | The famous Toledo Lobster Clan. | 著名的特利多龙虾家族 |
[27:11] | I don’t know why you don’t got ’em. | 我不知道你为什么没有 |
[27:17] | But you gave me these. | 但你把这个给了我 |
[27:27] | But I want to hear you say it. | 我想听你说出来 |
[27:30] | You’re my father. | 你是我父亲 |
[27:36] | Say it. | 说啊 |
[27:38] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[27:40] | Come on, say it, Dad. | 说啊 爸爸 |
[27:42] | You’re my dad. | 你是我爸 |
[27:45] | Please, come on, ans… | 说吧 |
[27:46] | answer me. | 回答我啊 |
[27:49] | Come on. Come on. | 说啊 说啊 |
[27:53] | Yes, son. | 对 儿子 |
[27:55] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[28:17] | You got to go, Dad. | 你得走了 爸爸 |
[28:20] | They’re gonna kill you. | 她们要杀了你 |
[28:24] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[28:26] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法的 |
[28:27] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[28:31] | Let’s get you home. | 我们回去吧 |
[28:35] | Come on, now. Let’s go home. | 走吧 我们回家 |
[28:39] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[28:50] | – *Have you heard about the big strong man* – *Strong man* | -*你们可知道大力士* -*大力士* |
[28:54] | – *Well, he lived in a caravan* – *A caravan!* | -*他住在大篷车里* -*大篷车* |
[28:57] | *Have you heard about the Jeffrey Johnson fight* | *你们可知道杰弗里·约翰逊的那场拳击* |
[29:00] | *Oh, what a hell of a fight* | *好精彩的一场比赛* |
[29:02] | – *You can take all the heavyweights you got* – That’s right! | -*叫重量级选手都上台* -没错 |
[29:05] | *We’ve got a lad who can beat the whole lot* | *我们这伙计能把他们都打趴* |
[29:07] | – *Hey, what do you got* – *Sylvest’* | -*你有谁* -*西尔维斯特* |
[29:08] | *He got a row of 40 medals on his chest* | *他胸前挂着40块奖牌* |
[29:11] | Big chest! Big chest! | 辽阔的胸膛 |
[29:13] | You two are drunk. | 你俩醉了 |
[29:15] | I won’t have you wake up the entire camp with your caterwauling. | 不要瞎叫唤把整个营地的人都吵醒 |
[29:19] | Too late for that. | 太迟了 |
[29:21] | Jimmy, | 吉米 |
[29:22] | don’t let that man corrupt you with his | 别让这男人用自己的坏习惯 |
[29:25] | bad habits. | 把你也带坏了 |
[29:27] | You still got time to be somebody. | 你还有机会做个人物呢 |
[29:29] | Aw, he is somebody. | 他当然是个人物 |
[29:31] | He’s my son. | 他是我儿子 |
[29:35] | Thought I wouldn’t go through with that, did you, Dessi? | 你以为我不会说出来 是吗 德茜 |
[29:38] | But I’m proud to admit it. | 但我承认我自豪 |
[29:40] | – Jimmy’s my son! – Yeah! | -吉米是我儿子 -没错 |
[29:44] | Congratulations, huh? | 恭喜啊 |
[29:47] | Must have taken real courage | 这要多大的勇气 |
[29:49] | to finally proclaim your progeny after 24 years. | 才会隔了24年才认自己的儿子 |
[29:53] | Why don’t you two go to bed and sleep it off. | 你俩去把酒劲睡过去吧 |
[29:56] | You know, Jimmy, | 告诉你 吉米 |
[29:57] | this is the perfect time | 现在正合适 |
[29:59] | for me to tell you something that my father told me. | 跟你讲讲我爸跟我说的一句话 |
[30:02] | What? | 什么 |
[30:03] | It’s the Toledo code. | 特利多家族家训 |
[30:07] | The first minute you let a woman tell you what to do | 你如果让女人指挥你 |
[30:10] | is the first minute you hand your balls to ’em. | 你就等于把命根子交给她们了 |
[30:14] | I want to keep my balls. | 我想留着我的命根子 |
[30:15] | You hold on to them, son. | 你留好了 儿子 |
[30:19] | Things are gonna change around here, Elsa. | 这里要有所改变 艾莎 |
[30:22] | No more bossing us around, okay? | 你休想再指使我们了 |
[30:24] | You got two strong bulls here ready to run this whole joint. | 这里有两个强壮的男人要接管这里 |
[30:27] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[30:32] | Idiots. | 白痴 |
[30:36] | Come on, come on. | 走吧 走吧 |
[30:37] | Sing something else. Sing it! | 再唱点别的 唱啊 |
[30:41] | Sing it, dad! | 唱啊 爸爸 |
[30:43] | Sing it. | 唱啊 |
[30:44] | Go. | 走吧 |
[30:47] | Shh, quiet, Elsa. | 别说话 艾莎 |
[30:48] | You’ll wake everybody up. | 你会把大家吵醒的 |
[30:50] | You don’t want to wake anybody. | 可别把大家吵醒了 |
[30:54] | Quiet! | 别说话 |
[30:58] | Too loud. | 太吵了 |
[31:01] | Be quiet, Elsa! Quiet. | 别说话 艾莎 别说话 |
[31:06] | – So loud. Ha. – Step up. All right. | -好吵 -迈上来 好了 |
[31:11] | You’re all right. | 你没事 |
[31:18] | I’m gonna say something I never said before in my whole life. | 我要说句我从没说过的话 |
[31:24] | Good night, Dad. | 晚安 爸爸 |
[31:28] | Do you say good night when it’s the morning? | 现在都早上了 还能说晚安吗 |
[31:38] | Good night, son. | 晚安 儿子 |
[31:40] | Sleep tight. | 好好睡 |
[31:48] | Queer… | 真奇怪啊 |
[31:50] | isn’t it? | 是吧 |
[31:52] | How the first cigarette in the morning | 早上第一支烟 |
[31:54] | is the best smoke all day. | 也是最好的一支烟 |
[31:56] | You trying to be funny? | 你是开玩笑吗 |
[31:58] | No. | 不是 |
[32:02] | But you are trying my patience. | 但你在考验我的耐心 |
[32:26] | Were you there again? | 你又去了吗 |
[32:29] | With him? | 跟他在一起 |
[32:34] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:36] | And I’m going back. For good. | 我还要回去 不回来了 |
[32:37] | I just came home to pack. | 我是来收拾东西的 |
[32:38] | You’re gonna have to kill me to stop me. | 你想阻止我 只能杀了我 |
[32:42] | You think I wouldn’t? | 你觉得我不会吗 |
[32:43] | I’m your only child. | 我是你唯一的孩子 |
[32:44] | The only record of your sorry life once you’re gone. | 你死后我就是你可悲人生的唯一留念 |
[32:46] | You’re too vain to | 以你的自大 |
[32:47] | picture a world without a piece of you in it. | 是无法想象这世上没有你丝毫痕迹的 |
[32:51] | I think you mistake my pride for vanity. | 我觉得你是把我的自豪错当成虚荣了 |
[32:54] | I’m an electrician. | 我是个电工 |
[32:56] | Strangers welcome me into their homes | 陌生人会邀我进家门 |
[32:58] | and leave me there alone to ply my trade. | 留下我一人 做我的工作 |
[33:00] | A man like me is dead | 我这种人 |
[33:02] | if he doesn’t come with a sterling reputation. | 只有名誉尽毁才会死掉 |
[33:05] | You are my blood, | 你是我的孩子 |
[33:09] | but if you do something to shame me, | 你如果羞辱了我 |
[33:11] | to shame this family, | 羞辱了这个家 |
[33:14] | I will do whatever it takes | 我会尽全力 |
[33:16] | to make sure no one ever knows you belonged to me. | 确保没人知道你是我的孩子 |
[33:19] | Well… | 那么 |
[33:23] | …prepare for the shaming of your life, | 准备蒙受最大的羞辱吧 |
[33:26] | because I am in love with Paul | 因为我爱保罗 |
[33:29] | and I’m gonna go live with him and his kind | 我要去跟他和他们那种人一起生活 |
[33:31] | and I’m gonna tell anybody that will listen to me | 我会告诉每个愿意听我说话的人 |
[33:34] | who I am and who my daddy is | 我是谁 我父亲是谁 |
[33:35] | and that I chose to be one of the outcasts, | 我会告诉他们我宁愿遭人排挤 |
[33:37] | because anything is better than | 因为那无论怎样 |
[33:38] | living with the evil that lives in this house. | 都比跟这个家里的邪恶住在一起强 |
[33:42] | You think a father doesn’t know | 你以为一个父亲 |
[33:43] | what his daughter’s gonna do before she does it? | 不能提前知道自己的女儿要做什么吗 |
[33:45] | I know I can’t stop you. | 我知道我阻止不了你 |
[33:48] | And I’m not a murderer. But… | 我也不是个杀人犯 |
[33:52] | I did invite my friend Morris over | 但我请了我朋友莫里斯过来 |
[33:54] | to give you a proper send-off. | 给你好好送个行 |
[33:56] | Who the hell is Morris? | 莫里斯是谁 |
[33:57] | Morris is an artist. | 莫里斯是位艺术家 |
[34:13] | Dot? | 多特 |
[34:15] | Who do I remind you of? | 你觉得我像谁 |
[34:17] | Mother. She wore the same shade of lipstick. | 妈妈 她也涂那种口红 |
[34:21] | I bear a striking resemblance to Eve Arden. | 我跟伊芙·阿登特别像 |
[34:26] | She was nominated for an Academy Award for Mildred Pierce. | 她演《欲海情魔》还获得了奥斯卡奖提名 |
[34:28] | Do you remember that movie? | 你记得那部电影吗 |
[34:31] | “Loving her was like shaking hands with the Devil.” | “爱她就像跟魔鬼握手” |
[34:34] | Speaking of which… | 说到魔鬼… |
[34:36] | Well, look at my beautiful girl. | 瞧我漂亮的女孩啊 |
[34:39] | Gladys, you are a true artist. | 格莱蒂斯 你真是个艺术家 |
[34:41] | Bette has been transformed from a caterpillar into a butterfly. | 贝特已经蜕茧成蝶了 |
[34:46] | Careful– I am still here. | 留神点 我还在这儿呢 |
[34:48] | This is a first for me. | 这可是我的头一遭 |
[34:49] | I’ve worked on lots of gals with double chins, | 我给很多双下巴的女人化过妆 |
[34:52] | but never one with two heads. | 但双头可是第一次 |
[34:54] | But I don’t judge– | 我没别的意思 |
[34:55] | every client is different. | 每个客户都不一样 |
[34:57] | Dot… sure you don’t want me to give you a little touch-up? | 多特 真不用我给你化化妆吗 |
[35:00] | I am happy being the caterpillar. Thank you. | 我乐意做蛹 谢谢了 |
[35:04] | Dot, look in the mirror. | 多特 看镜子啊 |
[35:07] | We make the perfect before and after picture. | 我们简直是完美的妆前妆后对比照 |
[35:11] | It can be our new act. | 这可以是我们的新表演 |
[35:13] | We’ll call it “The Metamorphosis.” | 我们就管这叫《变形记》 |
[35:17] | Elsa, | 艾莎 |
[35:18] | you can be the fairy godmother who grants the wish | 你就是仙女教母 你实现了平凡女孩 |
[35:21] | of the plain Jane– that’s Dot– | 也就是多特的愿望 |
[35:23] | and transforms her into the epitome of glamour. | 把她变成了魅力万千的女人 |
[35:26] | That’s me. | 我 |
[35:27] | Well, how kind of you to include me in your number, huh? | 多谢你还邀我加入你们的节目 |
[35:30] | Oh, you wave the wand, that’s all you do. | 你就挥挥魔杖而已 |
[35:33] | Well, I’ll go to work on it right away. | 那我马上去准备了 |
[35:35] | Let me know if there’s anything else you might want. | 还需要什么告诉我 |
[35:40] | I’m making a list. | 我会列张单子的 |
[35:44] | Gladys, I think the hair is too poofy on that side. | 格莱蒂斯 我觉得这边的头发太油了 |
[35:47] | Don’t push too hard now. | 别太过头了 |
[36:05] | “My dear Dot. | “亲爱的多特 |
[36:07] | “You hardly said a word during our negotiation, | 我们谈判的时候你都没怎么说话 |
[36:11] | “Until you demanded your 50%. | 直到提出平分的要求 |
[36:14] | “What would you want with the money, | 你要钱做什么 |
[36:17] | “A bigger tent? | 买更大的帐篷 |
[36:19] | “A new car? | 还是新车 |
[36:21] | “Just tell me your heart’s desire. | 告诉我你究竟想要什么 |
[36:24] | “You can trust me to help you. | 我会帮你的 |
[36:27] | “We are in this together. | 我们是一边的 |
[36:30] | Elsa.” | 艾莎” |
[36:37] | Miss Elsa? | 艾莎小姐 |
[36:39] | What do you want, liebchen? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[36:41] | Here, darling. | 来 亲爱的 |
[36:43] | Make Mama another one, okay? | 再给我倒一杯 |
[36:46] | The usual. | 还是老样子 |
[36:56] | “Yes. I want something. | “是的 我是有所求 |
[36:58] | “There’s a doctor in Chicago | 芝加哥有位医生 |
[37:00] | “Who separated the Brodie Twins. | 他给布罗迪双胞胎做了分离手术 |
[37:02] | “His name is Dr. Oscar Sugar. | 奥斯卡·舒格医生 |
[37:05] | “I want you to help me find him | 我要你帮我找到他 |
[37:06] | “And convince him to perform the surgery. | 说服他为我们做手术 |
[37:09] | Your secret is safe as long as I get what I want.” | 只要我能得偿所愿 你的秘密就能守住” |
[37:18] | Danke. | 谢谢 |
[37:26] | You’re too much of a perfectionist. | 你太完美主义了 |
[37:27] | Well, I have to be. | 没办法 |
[37:29] | There can be no mistakes. | 绝不能出错 |
[37:33] | You see, human skin is a delicate canvas. | 人体皮肤 是张脆弱的画布 |
[37:37] | Uneven, textured, | 不平整 质地粗糙 |
[37:40] | sometimes scarred. | 有时甚至有疤痕 |
[37:42] | And she… | 她 |
[37:44] | she is my masterpiece. | 是我的杰作 |
[37:46] | And she’s waking up. | 她要醒了 |
[37:49] | – Where’s a mirror? – Right there. | -镜子在哪 -那边 |
[37:51] | I want to see the look on her face. | 我要看到她的表情 |
[37:57] | *Penny, Penny, open your eyes* | *潘妮 潘妮 睁开眼* |
[38:00] | *Daddy’s got a big surprise.* | *爸爸有个惊喜给你* |
[38:04] | Daddy, it hurts. | 爸爸 好疼啊 |
[38:06] | It hurts. | 好疼啊 |
[38:09] | Beauty is painful, sweetheart. | 美丽就是痛苦的 亲爱的 |
[38:15] | Stick out your tongue. | 把舌头伸出来 |
[38:17] | I had it forked. | 我给劈开了 |
[38:28] | So… | 看来 |
[38:29] | it’s true what they say. | 这说法是真的 |
[38:31] | Stars really don’t eat. | 明星真的不吃饭 |
[38:35] | Okay, so let’s get down to business. | 我们讨论正事吧 |
[38:38] | I have a problem. | 我有个麻烦 |
[38:40] | A serious situation. | 严重的情况 |
[38:42] | The twins are back. | 双胞胎回来了 |
[38:44] | Not only are they back, | 不仅回来了 |
[38:45] | but they are hell-bent on destroying me. | 还一心想毁了我 |
[38:50] | Now, little Miss Sour Face– | 那个阴着脸的 |
[38:53] | that’s Dot… | 多特 |
[38:55] | …she wants to locate | 她想找到 |
[38:58] | a doctor in Chicago | 一名芝加哥医生 |
[39:00] | whom she believes | 她认为 |
[39:02] | can perform some hideous operation. | 此人能做个什么可怕的手术 |
[39:06] | What I want to do is have you locate this doctor | 我要你找到这个医生 |
[39:10] | and then we could send them up to Chicago. | 然后我们送她们去芝加哥 |
[39:12] | They will be out of my life, | 她们就能滚出我的生活 |
[39:15] | off my back forever. | 永远不会再给我添麻烦了 |
[39:18] | Do you, uh… | 你还… |
[39:20] | Oh, no, go ahead. | 不吃 请吧 |
[39:21] | Please, be my guest. | 请便 |
[39:26] | Just mulling. | 我想想 |
[39:27] | This is good brain food, red meat. | 这可是健脑食物 红肉 |
[39:38] | I don’t know. | 不太好吧 |
[39:42] | Perhaps rather than some medical calamity, | 与其按她们想的那样 |
[39:44] | which they believe is going to relieve them | 用什么可怕的医疗手段 |
[39:45] | of their psychic pain, | 解除她们的心理痛苦 |
[39:48] | something more simple and less public. | 或许该采取更简单私密的办法 |
[39:51] | Maybe life holds too much pain | 或许这两个女孩的人生 |
[39:53] | and tragedy for those poor girls. | 太过痛苦悲剧 |
[39:56] | Wouldn’t it be a better solution | 如果能平静轻松地 |
[39:57] | if they could be quietly and easily relieved of their misery? | 解除她们的痛苦 不是更好吗 |
[40:02] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[40:03] | You know… | 就是 |
[40:04] | a mercy killing. | 安乐死 |
[40:07] | Those poor things. | 那对小可怜啊 |
[40:11] | Oh, that’s quite a solution. | 好个解决办法啊 |
[40:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:16] | Did you know they killed their mother? | 你知道她们杀了自己的母亲吗 |
[40:20] | And then one of them | 然后其中一个 |
[40:21] | tried to kill the other. | 又想杀了另一个 |
[40:23] | I forget which is which– the two… | 我忘了是哪个了 她俩… |
[40:25] | Dessert time. | 上甜点了 |
[40:28] | My layered strawberry and lime Jell-O mold | 多层草莓青柠果冻 |
[40:30] | with marshmallows and fruit cocktail. | 加棉花糖和果味鸡尾酒 |
[40:34] | I’ll put it right over here. | 就放这里了 |
[40:35] | You guys can serve yourselves. | 你们自己拿吧 |
[40:38] | Can I get rid of some of this? | 要我拿走什么吗 |
[40:41] | You’re a regular Betty Crocker, Ethel. | 你简直是个神厨 艾瑟尔 |
[40:44] | You’re too kind. | 客气了 |
[40:46] | Enjoy. | 慢用 |
[41:00] | Anyway. | 不说了 |
[41:07] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[41:10] | I have heard about managers who would kill for their clients. | 我听说过有人愿为客户杀人 |
[41:16] | Looks like I found one. Hmm? | 看来我碰到了一个 |
[41:36] | Ma Petite. | 小可爱 |
[41:38] | Ma Petite. | 小可爱 |
[41:44] | For you. | 给你的 |
[41:46] | Would you like me to open it? | 要我打开吗 |
[41:59] | Pretty. | 真好看 |
[42:02] | I can’t wait to try it on. | 我真等不及穿上了 |
[42:28] | Zip me. | 给我拉拉链 |
[42:39] | Gorgeous. | 真漂亮 |
[42:40] | Like a little princess. | 像个小公主 |
[42:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:57] | It’s going to be all right. | 没事的 |
[43:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[43:36] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[43:38] | Who’s there? | 是谁 |
[43:41] | Show yourself. | 出来 |
[43:43] | Now! | 快点 |
[43:58] | Penny. | 潘妮 |
[44:03] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[44:05] | This is my fault. | 这都怪我 |
[44:08] | What have I done? | 我做了什么啊 |
[44:28] | Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. | 晚上好 女士们先生们 |
[44:32] | Our esteemed board members | 各位尊敬的董事会成员 |
[44:34] | and our renowned faculty. | 和员工 |
[44:37] | Tonight, we are proud to unveil the museum’s latest acquisition. | 今晚 我们荣幸揭幕博物馆最新的展品 |
[44:41] | A most rare specimen. | 一例珍贵罕有的样本 |
[44:43] | And while it did cost a pretty penny, | 虽然花费不菲 |
[44:46] | we trust that this new exhibit | 我们认为这件新展品 |
[44:47] | will bring thousands of visitors from around the globe. | 会吸引全球上千的游客 |
[44:53] | Behold. | 请看 |
[44:55] | Mahadevi Patel. | 马哈德薇·帕提尔 |
[44:59] | The smallest woman in the world. | 世界上最小的女人 |