时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | A banana hanger. | 香蕉挂 |
[00:04] | Did we win the lottery? | 我们中彩票了吗 |
[00:05] | Now that we’ve been a two-income family for a while, | 既然我们俩都工作赚钱一段时间了 |
[00:07] | we can finally replace the stuff that’s falling apart | 我们终于能换掉那些破烂东西 |
[00:10] | and enjoy a few luxuries. | 开始享受奢华 |
[00:12] | Oh, yeah. Those ‘nanas gonna be heck-a-ripe. | 没错 这些香蕉会好好熟一熟 |
[00:15] | It is nice not worrying about every dollar we spend, for once. | 终于不用一分钱掰成两半花的感觉真是太棒了 |
[00:20] | – New can opener. – That’s right! | -新开罐器 -没错 |
[00:22] | Goodbye, old can opener that only opens cans halfway | 再见了 只能开一半的旧开罐器 |
[00:24] | so you have to pry the lid open with a knife. | 以后不用再拿刀撬开另外一半盖子了 |
[00:26] | Goodbye, knife we ruined opening cans. | 再见了 我们开罐头弄坏的刀子 |
[00:28] | And look, we finally have art that wasn’t made by the kids. | 看看 我们终于有不是孩子们做的艺术品了 |
[00:31] | Say hello to the painting that says “family” in five languages. | 对这幅用五种语言说”家庭”的画打个招呼吧 |
[00:35] | I love it. Let’s hang it. | 我太喜欢了 我们挂起来吧 |
[00:36] | You’ll have to do it without me. | 你只能自己去挂了 |
[00:38] | I have to go into work to talk to Whitney. | 我得上班 去和惠特尼谈谈 |
[00:40] | It’s Sunday. | 今天是周日 |
[00:41] | And why do you have to go in the office to meet with her? | 而且你为什么要去办公室和她见面 |
[00:43] | Isn’t she always on speakerphone? | 她不是一直都打电话的吗 |
[00:44] | Yeah. It’s dumb. This whole job is dumb. | 是的 太蠢了 这整个工作都太蠢了 |
[00:47] | You used to like party planning. | 你以前很喜欢派对策划的 |
[00:48] | For a second. | 就那么一阵吧 |
[00:49] | It was a fun way to make money, | 是个挺有趣的赚钱办法 |
[00:50] | and I liked people that I hate | 而且我喜欢听我讨厌的人 |
[00:52] | telling me what a good job I did. | 夸奖我做得多么好 |
[00:54] | But now it’s crushing my soul. | 但现在那在摧毁我的灵魂 |
[00:56] | Guess that’s the price you pay if you want to hang your bananas. | 如果想把大”香蕉”挂起来 这大概就是代价吧 |
[00:59] | Gross. Leave that talk in the bedroom. | 恶心 把这种话留在卧室吧 |
[01:02] | Thanks for working so hard. It means a lot to your family. | 感谢你这么努力工作 对你的家庭来说意义重大 |
[01:04] | And your familia, famille, famiglia, and your mischpokhe. | 对五种语言中的家庭来说 都一样 |
[01:14] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[01:16] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[01:17] | Are you wearing a bracelet? | 你在戴手链吗 |
[01:19] | You’re gonna be late for work. | 你上班要迟到了 |
[01:20] | Are you auditioning to be the cute one in a boy band? | 你要去面试男子组合中的小可爱吗 |
[01:23] | I don’t want to talk about it! | 我不想谈这件事 |
[01:25] | Katie, just let the guy wear a bracelet. | 凯蒂 就让那男人戴手链吧 |
[01:27] | You’re not going to, are you? | 你不会容许的 是不是 |
[01:29] | No. | 没错 |
[01:37] | Hey, Oliver, you want to play the Game of Life? | 奥利弗 你想玩《人生之旅》吗 |
[01:39] | No. You guys play. | 不 你们玩吧 |
[01:41] | I already lost the real version. | 我已经在现实中输了 |
[01:45] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[01:46] | My dream of getting into Harvard is officially dead. | 我想读哈佛的梦想已经彻底没戏了 |
[01:48] | I can’t dance, so I plan on padding my résumé | 我不能跳舞 所以我准备用志愿活动 |
[01:50] | with some BS volunteer work. | 来丰富我的简历 |
[01:52] | That sounds like a good idea. | 听起来不错 |
[01:53] | But look at me. | 但你看看我 |
[01:55] | I can’t plant trees, | 我不能种树 |
[01:57] | deliver meals, build habitats. | 送餐 建造栖息地 |
[02:00] | All I can do is sit. | 我唯一能做的就是坐着 |
[02:01] | My life is over. | 我的人生已经完了 |
[02:02] | You have lots going for you. | 你还有大好前程 |
[02:04] | You’re ambitious, your grades are great. | 你有雄心壮志 你的分数很高 |
[02:06] | Plus, you’re a sophomore. | 再说了 你才刚上高二 |
[02:07] | You have time to build up your résumé. | 你还有时间来丰富简历 |
[02:09] | You want to feel better, look at Taylor. | 如果你想好受点 看看泰勒 |
[02:11] | Yeah, yeah! | 是啊 看我 |
[02:12] | She’s the one that should be depressed. | 她才是该感到沮丧的那个人 |
[02:14] | She’s graduating this year, | 她今年就要毕业了 |
[02:16] | and the girl’s got nothing going on. | 但她一无所成 |
[02:18] | And even if she does somehow go to college, | 就算她破天荒地上了大学 |
[02:21] | Mom and Dad gave her a long list of life skills, | 爸妈给了她一长串生活技巧清单 |
[02:23] | and she can’t even fill the car with gas. | 而她甚至都不会给车加油 |
[02:25] | That’s not true. I filled it. | 才不是 我加了油 |
[02:33] | I hate that list! | 我讨厌那份清单 |
[02:34] | I’m never gonna survive outside this house if I can’t do anything! | 如果我什么都不会 出了这房子就无法生存 |
[02:39] | This is what happens when everyone gets participation trophies. | 一旦人人都能拿参与奖 就会是这种结果 |
[02:44] | – Katie. – Hi, Kevin. | -凯蒂 -嗨 凯文 |
[02:46] | What kind of stupid ice sculpture | 我需要定哪种愚蠢的冰雕 |
[02:48] | do I have to order for this dumb party? | 给这无聊的派对用 |
[02:49] | Whitney cannot see you like this. | 你不能这样见惠特尼 |
[02:51] | You are too underdressed for the office. | 你上班穿得太随便了 |
[02:52] | I know she has the place wired with cameras, | 我知道她在这里装了很多摄像头 |
[02:54] | but I’ve got it covered. | 但我已经搞定了 |
[02:57] | When she calls in, I’ll be sitting at my desk, | 等她打过来 我会坐在桌前 |
[03:00] | wearing this blazer. | 穿着西装外套 |
[03:02] | But Whitney will know because — | 但惠特尼会知道的 因为… |
[03:04] | Hello, Katie. | 你好 凯蒂 |
[03:06] | Hi, Whitney! | 嗨 惠特尼 |
[03:07] | Why are you talking into a speakerphone? | 你为什么要对着免提电话说话 |
[03:12] | You know, I’m not sure how much time you allocate | 我不确定你每天早上 |
[03:14] | for getting ready in the morning, | 要准备多久 |
[03:15] | but you might want to double it. | 但我建议你把时间延长一倍 |
[03:17] | In my defense, I have worked here for more than a year, | 我得解释一下 我在这里工作一年多了 |
[03:20] | and this is the first time that I have laid eyes on you. | 今天是我第一次看见你 |
[03:23] | I suppose that would explain | 我猜这也解释了 |
[03:24] | Kevin’s lack of professional attire, as well. | 为什么凯文的着装如此不专业 |
[03:28] | You bought this for me. | 这是你给我买的 |
[03:29] | As a razz, Kevin. | 作为嘲笑 凯文 |
[03:31] | Now, I’m in town for only one week, | 我会在这里待一周 |
[03:34] | and I’m trusting you to throw a very special party | 我要让你为我最重要的客户 |
[03:37] | for my most important client. | 举办一场非常特别的派对 |
[03:40] | Martha Stewart? | 玛莎·斯图尔特吗 |
[03:41] | Better. My favorite nephew, Joshua. | 更好 是我最喜欢的侄子 约书亚 |
[03:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:45] | Well, what kind of ice sculpture would he like? | 他想要什么样的冰雕 |
[03:47] | No, no. Eh, the party’s not for Joshua. | 不 不 派对不是为约书亚举办的 |
[03:50] | He wants to throw a party for Lizzie. | 是他想给莉兹举办派对 |
[03:52] | And Lizzie is? | 莉兹是谁 |
[03:54] | His iguana. | 他的鬣蜥 |
[03:55] | I’m throwing a party for a reptile? | 我要给一个爬行动物举办派对吗 |
[03:57] | Of course! | 当然 |
[03:59] | I once threw a party for Bitsy Wellington’s favorite purse. | 我曾经为比特西·惠灵顿最喜欢的钱包举办过派对 |
[04:03] | Steely Dan played. It was magical. | 史提利丹作为现场乐队 简直梦幻 |
[04:05] | Oh, Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[04:10] | I have so much to teach you. | 我有好多要教你的 |
[04:16] | Is this going to end soon? | 这快要结束了吗 |
[04:17] | This is more eye contact than I keep with my husband. | 这比我和我老公之间的眼神接触还要长了 |
[04:21] | I’m counting on you, Katie. | 我全指望你了 凯蒂 |
[04:23] | Come on, you. | 你过来 |
[04:24] | As long as you’re wearing your ditch-digging clothes, | 既然你还穿着你这挖沟的工服 |
[04:26] | come to my house. | 跟我去我家吧 |
[04:27] | I have to move my animal cemetery. | 我要挪动我的宠物墓地 |
[04:29] | I’m putting in a pool. | 我要挖个泳池 |
[04:34] | Am I actually throwing a party for a Westport lizard? | 我真的要替一只西港的蜥蜴举办派对吗 |
[04:38] | Kevin! Now! | 凯文 快点 |
[04:41] | – Thank you, Kevin. – For what? | -谢谢你 凯文 -谢我什么 |
[04:44] | For showing me that as bad as my life is, | 谢谢你让我看到 尽管我的生活已经这么糟糕 |
[04:48] | yours is worse. | 但你的甚至更糟 |
[04:58] | And the craziest part is, | 最疯狂的地方在于 |
[05:00] | it’s not even the iguana’s birthday. | 甚至都不是那鬣蜥的生日 |
[05:02] | It’s a party, “just because”! | 就是个派对 “没原因啊” |
[05:05] | You should quit. | 你应该辞职 |
[05:06] | I thought about it. A lot. | 我想过辞职 想过很多 |
[05:08] | I have a whole quitting fantasy worked out in my head. | 我脑袋里有很多关于辞职的幻想 |
[05:10] | All I need is a boom box, | 我只需要一台手提音响 |
[05:12] | – A baseball bat… – And an industrial fan. | -一根棒球棍 -以及一台工业风扇 |
[05:14] | Yeah, we’ve heard this before. Why don’t you just do it? | 是的 我们听过了 你为什么不直接做呢 |
[05:17] | Well, Greg’s happy | 格雷格很高兴 |
[05:18] | because now, with my salary, | 因为现在我有工资 |
[05:20] | we’re finally able to put some money aside. | 我们终于可以存点钱了 |
[05:22] | Money aside? | 存钱 |
[05:23] | Is that something the poors do? | 那是什么穷人的举动吗 |
[05:24] | Like family game nights and voting? | 就像家庭游戏夜或者选举之类的 |
[05:27] | And Greg is going through something right now. | 而且格雷格现在在经历特殊的时期 |
[05:29] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[05:30] | He’s started wearing a leather bracelet. | 他开始戴皮质手链了 |
[05:32] | How fun. | 真有趣 |
[05:33] | – Oh! Cool. – That is fun. | -真棒 -真有意思 |
[05:35] | I see you nudging each other under the table. | 我看见你们俩在桌子底下的小动作了 |
[05:38] | No wife should have to go through this. | 没有妻子应该经受这一切 |
[05:40] | This is very upsetting, | 这太让人难过了 |
[05:41] | but maybe he’s just trying something new. | 但也许他只是在尝试什么新东西 |
[05:43] | Yeah, like when you started saying “Peace out.” | 是的 就像你当初学别人酷酷地说”再会”一样 |
[05:45] | You tried it, we ignored it, and then it went away. | 你试过 我们无视过 然后就停止了 |
[05:47] | And you should do the same thing with Greg. | 你应该对格雷格抱一样的态度 |
[05:49] | She’s right. You only need to worry | 她说得对 你现在还不用担心 |
[05:50] | if it starts to escalate, | 除非他举动升级 |
[05:51] | then you shut it down. | 然后你再制止他 |
[05:54] | Gotta go. | 该走了 |
[05:54] | Lizzie’s tail fell off, | 莉兹的尾巴掉了 |
[05:55] | so we’re meeting about ways to hide it for pictures. | 所以我们要见面讨论如何在照片中掩饰一下 |
[05:58] | Catch you on the flip-side. | 后空翻的时候抓住你[再见] |
[05:59] | – Stop it. – No. | -打住吧 -不 |
[06:04] | What are we gonna do today? | 我们今天要做什么 |
[06:05] | We’re gonna help cheer up Taylor and Oliver. | 我们要让泰勒和奥利弗振作起来 |
[06:07] | They’re two white kids in America. | 他们是两个身在美国的白人孩子 |
[06:09] | What do they have to be sad about? | 他们有什么可难过的 |
[06:10] | Stand down, Franklin. | 退下 富兰克林 |
[06:11] | This isn’t your podcast. | 这不是你的播客 |
[06:14] | We need to help them. | 我们要帮助他们 |
[06:15] | What do you think would cheer them up? | 你觉得什么能让他们振作起来 |
[06:17] | – What about we… – Can’t be the movie “Soapdish.” | -不如我们… -别说《肥皂拼盘》那部电影 |
[06:19] | Sally Field is an American treasure. | 莎莉·菲尔德是美国的宝藏 |
[06:25] | There are other ways, Franklin! | 还有其他办法 富兰克林 |
[06:31] | Hey, Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[06:33] | Franklin does great impressions. | 富兰克林超会模仿 |
[06:35] | You want to see one? | 你想看看吗 |
[06:42] | Did you eat? | 你吃了吗 |
[06:43] | Did you eat? Did you eat? | 你吃了吗 你吃了吗 |
[06:49] | Who is that supposed to be? | 这模仿的是谁 |
[06:50] | – My Aunt Linda. – That is spot-on. | -我的琳达阿姨 -太像了 |
[06:52] | It’s like she’s in the room. | 就好像她本人在这儿一样 |
[06:54] | Do your Uncle Al next. | 下一个模仿你艾尔叔叔 |
[06:55] | Linda! The help is stealing from us! | 琳达 女仆在偷我们的东西 |
[07:13] | My name is Inigo Montoya. | 我叫伊尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[07:15] | You killed my father. Prepare to die. | 你杀了我父亲 准备受死吧 |
[07:17] | Inconceivable. | 难以置信 |
[07:18] | You keep using that word. | 你一直这么说 |
[07:20] | I do not think it means what you think it means. | 我觉得你可能没理解这个词的意思 |
[07:34] | Nothing worked. | 什么都没用 |
[07:36] | What do we do now? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[07:37] | When my mom had a bad case of the sadsies, | 当我妈妈心情不好时 |
[07:38] | the only thing that helped her | 唯一能帮到她的 |
[07:39] | was talking to the counselor at her church. | 就是和教会的指导师谈谈 |
[07:41] | Of course. Good idea, Franklin. | 当然了 好主意 富兰克林 |
[07:43] | Time to get God involved. | 该让上帝参与进来了 |
[07:45] | Religion can be very helpful when used as a tool, | 宗教可作为一种非常有效的手段 |
[07:48] | but when it’s a crutch — | 但当其作为支撑… |
[07:49] | Not your podcast, Franklin. | 不是你的播客 富兰克林 |
[07:53] | This is the most ridiculous party I’ve ever had to throw. | 这是我有史以来举办的最愚蠢的派对 |
[07:55] | I don’t know how much longer I can do this. | 我不知道我还能做多久 |
[07:57] | You are the strongest person I know, | 你是我认识的最坚强的人 |
[07:59] | and not just because you always open jars for me. | 不只是因为你一直帮我开罐头 |
[08:02] | Emotionally. | 是情感上的 |
[08:03] | You put up with a lot, but remember, | 你忍受了很多 但记住 |
[08:05] | you’re really good at what you do, | 你非常擅长你所做的事 |
[08:07] | and everyone in town knows it. | 而且这里的每个人都知道 |
[08:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:12] | I appreciate tha– | 我很感谢… |
[08:16] | Are you wearing bacon socks? | 你穿的是培根袜子吗 |
[08:18] | No. | 不是 |
[08:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:22] | I let the bracelet go. | 手链就算了 |
[08:23] | I didn’t say a word… | 我什么也没说 |
[08:25] | to your face. | 至少没当着你的面说 |
[08:26] | But now it’s escalating, | 但现在事态升级了 |
[08:27] | and I know you don’t want to talk about it, | 我知道你不想谈 |
[08:29] | but you and I both know | 但你我都心知肚明 |
[08:30] | that there is bacon on your socks. | 你的袜子上有培根图案 |
[08:33] | What the hell is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[08:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:36] | It kind of started after Professor Casey passed away. | 自从凯西教授去世后 就开始了 |
[08:38] | He got tenure the same week that I was hired. | 他获得终身教职和我被雇用是同一周 |
[08:40] | For the last 10 years, | 过去十年来 |
[08:41] | I’ve watched him do the exact same thing | 我看着他日复一日做着同样的事 |
[08:43] | until he died at his desk, | 直到他死在桌前 |
[08:46] | and now I have tenure. | 现在我获得终身教职了 |
[08:47] | And I don’t know, it got me thinking… | 我说不好 这让我想了很多 |
[08:50] | maybe I need to mix things up. | 也许我需要多尝试新事物 |
[08:52] | Figure out who I really am. | 搞清楚我到底是谁 |
[08:53] | Am I bracelet guy? Funny-sock guy? | 我是手链男吗 还是滑稽袜子男 |
[08:55] | Carry-around-a-coin-that-I-flip guy? | 或是拿着硬币随手翻的男人 |
[08:58] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[09:01] | I support any guy you want to be. | 不管你想做什么样的人 我都支持你 |
[09:05] | Thanks, sweetie. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[09:06] | But if you start wearing those glasses | 但如果你想戴那种眼镜 |
[09:08] | that are transitional from light to dark, | 镜片能根据光线从透明变黑那种 |
[09:10] | it’s gonna be a problem. | 就该有问题了 |
[09:13] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -明白 -好的 |
[09:26] | Great party, Katie. | 派对真棒 凯蒂 |
[09:28] | I sampled the stir fry. | 我尝了炒菜 |
[09:29] | It’s delicious. | 真好吃 |
[09:30] | Yeah. Those are crickets. | 是啊 那些是炸蟋蟀 |
[09:33] | That explains why the server was laughing. | 怪不得服务员一直笑我 |
[09:35] | Katie , right? | 凯蒂对吧 |
[09:37] | My Joshua just told me | 我家约书亚刚告诉我 |
[09:38] | this is the best party Lizzie has ever had. | 这是莉兹有史以来享受过的最棒的派对了 |
[09:41] | Thank you. I am so glad. | 谢谢 我很开心 |
[09:43] | Whitney said she worked hard on every little detail. | 惠特尼说她在每个细节上都非常努力 |
[09:46] | You are so lucky to have a boss like her | 你真幸运能有这样一位老板 |
[09:48] | who does all the heavy lifting. | 连所有重活都亲力亲为 |
[09:50] | “Heavy lifting”? | “重活”吗 |
[09:51] | But she’s not even here. | 但她甚至都不在这儿 |
[09:52] | That’s because she’s such a star. | 那是因为她是个耀眼的大明星 |
[09:54] | She knew she would distract from Lizzie on her big day. | 她知道如果她来 一定会抢了莉兹的风头 |
[09:56] | – Hey, Gayle. – Oh, my God. Hi. | -你好啊 盖尔 -天呐 嗨 |
[09:59] | I guess a snake would distract from a lizard. | 一条毒蛇的确会抢了一只蜥蜴的风头 |
[10:02] | Can you believe her? | 她简直令人难以置信 |
[10:03] | Whitney has me plan this absurd party — | 惠特尼叫我策划了这场荒唐的派对 |
[10:05] | which I nailed, by the way — | 顺便说下 我策划得太成功了 |
[10:07] | and then steals my thank-you. | 但她却抢功 对我没有任何谢意 |
[10:09] | I can’t wait ’til she goes back to New York. | 我希望她早点滚回纽约 |
[10:11] | She’s not going back. | 她不会回去了 |
[10:13] | – She’s staying in Westport. – What? | -她要留在西港了 -什么 |
[10:15] | I heard her on the phone while I was giving her a spray tan. | 我给她喷美黑喷雾时 听到她跟人打电话说的 |
[10:19] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我干不下去了 |
[10:20] | The money’s great, | 虽然钱给得多 |
[10:21] | but you can’t put a price on my dignity. | 但我的尊严是无价的 |
[10:25] | The satay is delicious. | 这沙嗲串烧太美味了 |
[10:29] | Not for humans, right? | 不是给人吃的 对吧 |
[10:30] | Right. | 没错 |
[10:38] | Whitney, I worked my ass off putting that party together. | 惠特尼 我劳力劳心地把这场派对办起来 |
[10:42] | It’s bad enough that I’m — | 本来就已经够糟心… |
[10:43] | Not getting the recognition you deserve. | 你没有得到你应得的认可 |
[10:47] | That’s why I’m giving you a promotion, | 所以我打算给你升职 |
[10:48] | which comes with a very nice raise. | 加薪幅度相当诱人 |
[10:51] | If you think a raise and a promotion | 如果你觉得升职加薪 |
[10:53] | are enough to keep me around… | 就能留住我卖命 |
[10:56] | you’re right. | 那你太对了 |
[10:58] | Turns out my dignity does have a price. | 事实证明 我的尊严是有价的 |
[11:00] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 不好意思 |
[11:02] | I have someone coming to give me a foot massage. | 马上有人来给我做足底按摩了 |
[11:04] | Oh, the masseuse cancelled. I thought I told you. | 那个按摩师取消了预约 我好像告诉过你了 |
[11:07] | You did. | 你是说过了 |
[11:08] | Now go get the lotion, Kevin. | 现在去拿乳液吧 凯文 |
[11:21] | So, Whitney just took all the credit for the party? | 惠特尼把办派对的功劳都抢去了 |
[11:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:25] | I should have grabbed a boom box, | 我应该拿上一个音响 |
[11:26] | a baseball bat, and an industrial fan and quit. | 一个球棒 一个工业电扇 然后辞职 |
[11:30] | Now I’m just like you. | 现在我也跟你一样了 |
[11:33] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[11:33] | You accepted tenure, | 你接受了终身教职 |
[11:35] | now you’re stuck at your job. | 现在你被困在了你的工作上 |
[11:36] | I took the promotion, and now I’m stuck at mine. | 我接受了升职 也被困在了我的工作上 |
[11:40] | So what if I hate my job? | 即使我讨厌我的工作又怎么样 |
[11:41] | Everyone does. | 人人都讨厌自己的工作 |
[11:44] | I got to get to bed. | 我得上床睡觉了 |
[11:45] | I have to oversee all the events this week, | 我必须监督本周的所有活动 |
[11:47] | starting with tomorrow’s “Barbecue and Botox” party. | 首先就是明天的”烧烤和肉毒杆菌派对” |
[11:57] | I can’t. | 我受不了 |
[12:03] | You must be Taylor and Oliver. | 你们一定就是泰勒和奥利弗了 |
[12:06] | Franklin tells me you’ve been going through something. | 富兰克林跟我说你们正在经历一些事 |
[12:09] | Yeah, it’s — it’s easy to feel lost in this big world, | 说真的 在这大千世界 很容易就会觉得迷失 |
[12:12] | but it’s important to remember — | 但很重要的一点就是记住 |
[12:15] | you’re not alone. | 你不是孤单一人 |
[12:16] | Who are you? | 你是哪颗葱啊 |
[12:18] | This is Eve. | 这是伊芙 |
[12:19] | She’s an elder at the church my mom goes to. | 她是我妈常去的那个教堂的长老 |
[12:21] | She helped my mom a lot. | 她帮过我妈很多 |
[12:22] | She blinks now. | 她现在会眨眼了 |
[12:24] | I think we’re good. | 我觉得我们挺好的 |
[12:25] | I remember being a pretty young girl, | 我还记得我青春年少 貌美如花的岁月 |
[12:26] | my whole life ahead of me. | 大好的人生就在前方 |
[12:28] | But I always felt unprepared | 但我总是觉得没有做好准备 |
[12:30] | and ill-equipped for life on my own. | 无法独立过好生活 |
[12:32] | – You did? – Oh, yes. | -真的吗 -当然啦 |
[12:35] | I was overwhelmed and lost. | 我当时不知所措 彻底迷茫了 |
[12:37] | Me, too. So, what changed? | 我也是 是什么改变了你 |
[12:39] | I joined the church, met Bob. | 我加入了教会 认识了鲍勃 |
[12:42] | Who’s Bob? | 鲍勃是谁 |
[12:43] | Bob owns the compound we all live on. | 鲍勃是我们生活的那块围场的持有者 |
[12:45] | He’s our leader and our husband. | 他是我们的领袖 也是我们的丈夫 |
[12:47] | – Our husband? – Yes. | -我们的丈夫 -是啊 |
[12:49] | Bob must take many wives | 鲍勃必须纳足够的妻子 |
[12:50] | so he has enough people to take care of him at the end of days. | 这样等到末日来临时 就有足够的人照顾他 |
[12:53] | Then he’ll reunite us with the great leader | 然后他会带我们和至高无上的主团聚 |
[12:55] | and deliver us to our home planet. | 将我们送回我们的母星 |
[12:59] | Your mom doesn’t go to a church. | 你妈去的不是教堂 |
[13:01] | She’s in a cult. | 她加入了邪教 |
[13:06] | That’s why Grandpa keeps trying to kidnap us. | 难怪我爷爷总是想绑架我们呢 |
[13:09] | Anna-Kat will walk you out. | 安娜凯特会送你出去的 |
[13:10] | – Bob be with you. – And also with you. | -愿鲍勃与你同在 -也与你同在 |
[13:17] | Oh, my God. That was so inspiring. | 天呐 这番话真是太有启发了 |
[13:19] | I feel like you’re getting the wrong message. | 我觉得你领悟到了错误的信息 |
[13:20] | No. | 不 |
[13:21] | You know how my life is screwed up compared to yours? | 你知道跟你相比 我的人生有多糟糕吗 |
[13:24] | Well, compared to a grown woman | 但是对比一个成年女性 |
[13:25] | with pigtails who’s in a cult, | 扎着猪尾辫 还加入了邪教 |
[13:27] | I’m killing it. | 我的人生赞爆了 |
[13:37] | Thank you so much. | 真是太感谢了 |
[13:39] | The genius… | 天才… |
[13:41] | is in the minutiae… | 体现在细节当中 |
[13:43] | …or whatever that phrase is. | 或者 随便正确说法是什么吧 |
[13:48] | Katie, | 凯蒂 |
[13:49] | everything is fantastic. | 一切都棒极了 |
[13:51] | Well, I’d take a bow, but you’ve already done that. | 我倒是想鞠躬致谢 但你已经这么做了 |
[13:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:55] | There’s just one thing that’s bothering me. | 只是有一点令我不爽 |
[13:58] | The bluegrass band? | 蓝草乐乐队吗 |
[13:59] | I know. It’s a lot of harmonica. | 我懂的 口琴元素太多了 |
[14:01] | No, no. They’re great. | 不 那很棒 |
[14:02] | Everything’s great. It’s… | 一切都很棒 只是… |
[14:05] | It’s just… | 有问题的是… |
[14:07] | this. | 这个 |
[14:09] | Me? | 我吗 |
[14:11] | Katie, as VP of Events, | 凯蒂 作为活动策划的副总裁 |
[14:13] | you are front and center of this company. | 你代表的可是本公司的门面啊 |
[14:15] | You need to… look the part. | 你得 呈现出与之相匹配的打扮 |
[14:18] | I… If there’s just something we could do | 我…真希望有办法能解决 |
[14:21] | about the frowny parts of your face. | 你脸上这松垮耷拉的样子 |
[14:24] | Kevin! | 凯文 |
[14:25] | Get in here. I need another pair of hands. | 过来 我还需要一双手 |
[14:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:30] | I can’t lose this job. | 我不能失去这份工作 |
[14:31] | I owe $67,000 in student loans. | 我的学生贷款还有6.7万美元没还呢 |
[14:33] | Philosophy major. | 哲学系 |
[14:35] | You can’t Botox away being an idiot, Kevin. | 肉毒杆菌可无法治好白痴 凯文 |
[14:38] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[14:44] | Oliver, I’m sorry I haven’t been able to help you. | 奥利弗 我很抱歉我没能帮到你 |
[14:47] | I appreciate it, | 谢谢你的好意 |
[14:48] | but there’s nothing anyone can do. | 但没有人有办法能帮到我 |
[14:53] | Well, I talked to Dr. Ellie — | 我找埃莉医生聊了聊 |
[14:55] | who I now call Eleanor since I’m not in her class anymore. | 我现在叫她埃莉诺 毕竟我不在她的班里了 |
[14:58] | She doesn’t care for it — | 她不喜欢这样 |
[15:00] | and she gave me some resources that might help. | 但她给了我一些资源 或许能帮上忙 |
[15:04] | “Are You Being Bullied?” | “你被霸凌了吗” |
[15:07] | Nope. | 不符 |
[15:10] | “How to Come Out to Your Family”? | “如何对家人出柜” |
[15:13] | No. | 不符 |
[15:15] | “My Changing Body”? | “我正在发育的身体” |
[15:17] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[15:21] | “Teen Help Line”? Really? | 青少年求助热线 搞错没 |
[15:23] | Dr. Ellie says it’s a hotline | 埃莉医生说拨打这个热线 |
[15:24] | where teens can talk to other teens about their problems. | 可以和其他青少年交流自己的问题 |
[15:28] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[15:29] | Well, I certainly won’t be the last girl | 我一定不是最后一个 |
[15:31] | who thinks she can fix you. | 自以为能拯救你的女孩 |
[15:33] | I don’t know the others, | 我不知道她们是谁 |
[15:33] | but I pity them already. | 但我已经开始可怜她们了 |
[15:44] | Ah, Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[15:45] | Tomorrow’s party is a boat christening, | 明天要给一艘船举办洗礼派对 |
[15:47] | and I need some noisy sea lions | 让那些聒噪的海狮 |
[15:50] | removed from the marina — | 离码头远一点 |
[15:51] | humanely. | 处理得人道点 |
[15:53] | I’m kidding. Do it any way you can. | 开玩笑的 随你怎么处理 |
[15:55] | I’m on it, Whitney. | 我这就去办 惠特尼 |
[16:03] | What are you smiling about? | 你在笑什么 |
[16:06] | This is why you need Botox. See? | 所以说你需要打肉毒杆菌 你看 |
[16:08] | Your face should not have this much expression. | 你不该有这么多面部表情 |
[16:13] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[16:15] | I wanted to thank you. | 我想谢谢你 |
[16:15] | What you said last night | 昨天你说的话 |
[16:16] | helped me realize something very important. | 让我明白了些很重要的事 |
[16:18] | What did I say? | 我说了什么 |
[16:19] | You said that hating your job was no big deal | 你说讨厌自己的工作没什么大不了的 |
[16:21] | because everyone hates their job, | 因为人人都讨厌自己的工作 |
[16:22] | but you know what? | 但你猜怎么着 |
[16:23] | I don’t. I actually love teaching. | 我不讨厌 我其实很喜欢教书 |
[16:25] | I am so happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[16:28] | Does this mean you’ll stop wearing the — | 这是不是说明你不会再戴… |
[16:29] | Not now. | 晚点再说 |
[16:30] | You supported me when I said I wanted to mix things up, | 我说想尝试新事物的时候 你支持了我 |
[16:32] | so guess what I did? | 所以你猜我干了什么 |
[16:34] | I taught my class outside today, | 我今天在户外上课了 |
[16:36] | and my students loved it. | 学生们都很喜欢 |
[16:37] | That sounds so fun. | 听起来很有意思 |
[16:39] | I finally realized the guy I am. | 我终于认清了自己 |
[16:41] | I’m the guy who loves his job and loves his family | 我热爱工作 热爱家庭 |
[16:44] | and wants his wife to be as happy as he is. | 同时也希望妻子像自己一样快乐 |
[16:51] | What about the extra money? | 那存钱的事怎么办 |
[16:52] | We’ll make it work. | 会有办法的 |
[16:56] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[16:57] | I need you at the marina right now. | 现在就去码头 |
[17:03] | Sorry, Whitney. | 抱歉 惠特尼 |
[17:05] | Move your own damn sea lions! | 你自己去赶走海狮吧 |
[17:09] | Hit it, Greg! | 音乐走起 格雷格 |
[17:35] | I quit! | 老娘不干了 |
[17:39] | It’s just how I imagined it. | 跟我想象得一模一样 |
[17:43] | With Katie gone, | 既然凯蒂走了 |
[17:44] | maybe it’s time for you to step up. | 不如就你上吧 |
[17:46] | You mean I can have her job? | 你是说让我顶替她的职位吗 |
[17:47] | No, I mean fix the ice sculpture. | 不 我是说去把冰雕修好 |
[17:50] | – But… – Fix it, Kevin. | -可是… -把它修好 凯文 |
[17:52] | Move it. | 快去 |
[18:03] | You look like you’re in a good mood for a change. | 看来你今天心情挺不错的 |
[18:05] | Did one of your IPOs make a split into dividends and then — | 是不是哪只股票拿到了分红 然后… |
[18:09] | Eh, forget it. | 算了 |
[18:09] | I don’t know how money works. | 我不懂有关金融的东西 |
[18:11] | No, I just got off the phone with Teen Help Line. | 不是 我刚打给了青少年求助热线 |
[18:13] | You called? | 你真打了 |
[18:14] | Did they help you with your problem? | 他们解决你的问题了吗 |
[18:15] | They sure did. | 当然 |
[18:16] | I’m proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[18:18] | It’s hard to be vulnerable, reach out for help. | 接受自己的脆弱并寻求帮助 是需要勇气的 |
[18:22] | And, of course, it’s none of the stuff I was just saying. | 当然了 我不是说你脆弱 |
[18:25] | What is going on, Oliver? | 怎么回事 奥利弗 |
[18:26] | I just had a very interesting conversation | 一位心理辅导师跟我聊了些 |
[18:29] | with one of the counselors. | 很有意思的事 |
[18:30] | He said a lot of the people who volunteer there | 他说那里很多志愿者 |
[18:32] | go on to top colleges, including Harvard. | 后来都去了顶尖学府 包括哈佛 |
[18:35] | But most importantly, you’d be helping people. | 不过最重要的是 你可以帮助他人 |
[18:39] | Anna-Kat, do you have a pamphlet for hearing aids? | 安娜凯特 你那有助听器宣传册吗 |
[18:41] | Dad heard “helping people” when I clearly said “Harvard.” | 我说的明明是”哈佛” 老爸却听成了”帮助他人” |
[18:46] | Harvard. | 哈佛 |
[18:49] | And all I have to do is apply and get in. | 我只需要发出申请然后坐等录取就行了 |
[18:51] | And get this — it’s all done sitting down. | 听好了 这些坐着就能搞定 |
[18:54] | Look at you, Anna-Kat. | 看啊 安娜凯特 |
[18:55] | You thought you couldn’t cheer us up, but you did. | 你以为没办法让我们开心起来 可你做到了 |
[18:57] | But there’s someone else who still needs my help. | 但还有人需要我的帮助 |
[19:00] | Let’s talk about the bracelet, Greg. | 来聊聊那条手链吧 格雷格 |
[19:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:07] | Goodbye, fully functioning can opener. | 再见 崭新的开罐器 |
[19:09] | We can’t afford you anymore. | 我们用不起你了 |
[19:11] | Goodbye, hand-crank pasta press. | 再见 手摇压面机 |
[19:13] | I knew you were just gonna collect dust in the basement, | 我知道你本来也只是在地下室落灰 |
[19:15] | but the idea of you was enough. | 但发明出你的创意已经足够了 |
[19:17] | Goodbye, cactus-shaped margarita glasses. | 再见 仙人掌形的鸡尾酒杯 |
[19:20] | The fiesta’s over. | 庆典结束了 |
[19:23] | Goodbye, banana hanger. | 再见 香蕉挂 |
[19:26] | And hello again, | 又见面了 |
[19:28] | ceramic bowl where fruit goes to die. | 容易烂水果的瓷盆 |
[19:33] | Any regrets about quitting? | 你后悔辞职了吗 |
[19:34] | Hell, no. | 怎么可能 |
[19:35] | I know there’s something better for me out there. | 我知道还有更好的工作等着我 |
[19:37] | I want to find what you have — | 我也想像你一样 |
[19:39] | a job that inspires me and a smokin’-hot wife. | 拥有激励人心的工作和性感火辣的老婆 |
[19:49] | Are you sure this is a good idea? | 这样做真的好吗 |
[19:50] | Are you kidding? This is a great idea. | 开什么玩笑 这简直不能再好了 |
[19:52] | If your students thought having class outside was cool, | 你的学生们要是喜欢在户外上课 |
[19:55] | they’re gonna love this. | 他们会爱死这个的 |
[19:56] | Well, I am trying to do new things. | 好吧 我是要尝试新事物 |
[19:59] | Trust me, it’s gonna be awesome. | 相信我 会很棒的 |
[20:02] | Okay. You ready? Let’s hear it. | 好了 准备好了吗 开始吧 |
[20:04] | Four score and seven years ago, | 八十七年前 |
[20:08] | our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, | 我们的父辈在这片土地上建起了一个国家 |
[20:12] | conceived in liberty | 这个国家在自由中诞生 |
[20:15] | and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. | 奉行人人生而平等的主张 |
[20:20] | This is amazing. | 太棒了 |
[20:21] | It’s like history come to life. | 历史鲜活了起来 |
[20:23] | Now we are engaged in a great Civil War. | 如今我们投身于伟大的内战 |
[20:27] | Abe? | 亚伯 |
[20:29] | Abe, honey? | 亚伯 亲爱的 |
[20:30] | Yes, Mary Todd? | 怎么了 玛丽·托德[林肯妻子] |
[20:32] | Do you want to wrap this speech up? | 这段演讲可以结束了吗 |
[20:34] | We’re going to be late to the theater. | 我们去剧院要迟到了 |
[20:37] | I got us seats in the balcony. | 我买到了楼座的票[林肯遇刺地点] |
[20:39] | That’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[20:40] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[20:42] | Give us a kiss. | 来亲一个 |
[20:44] | No. | 不要 |
[20:45] | No! | 不要 |
[20:50] | No! | 不要 |