时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:19] | Michael came home to find his brother-in-law Tobias… | Michael回家发现上周 |
[00:22] | who’d been kicked out of | 被扫地出门的姐夫Tobias |
[00:23] | – the house earlier that week. – How are you? | – 仍在屋里游荡 – 你最近如何 |
[00:27] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[00:28] | Didn’t I already see you today? | 咱俩今天见过面了吗 |
[00:30] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知没有 |
[00:31] | Michael had seen him earlier that day… | Michael当天早些时候见过他了 |
[00:33] | as Tobias had been posing | 只不过他当时装扮成 |
[00:35] | as an English nanny named Mrs. Featherbottom. | 一名英国女保姆 Featherbottom太太 |
[00:38] | Who’d like a banger in the mouth? | 谁想来点喷香猪肉卷卷心 |
[00:40] | Oh, right. I forgot. Here in | 哦 我差点忘了 |
[00:42] | the States you call it a sausage in the mouth. | 你们美国人管这个叫香肠卷卷心 |
[00:45] | – We just call it a sausage. – The family, | – 我们就叫它香肠 – 尽管大家 |
[00:47] | of course, knew it was Tobias… | 都知道这就是Tobias 但是 |
[00:49] | but the house had never been cleaner. | 家里从未如此干净过 所以没有戳穿 |
[00:51] | Hello, young lady. I haven’t seen you in a week. | 你好 小姑娘 我都一个星期没看见你了 |
[00:54] | Oh. Right. That means Mrs. Featherbottom isn’t here. | 对啊 如此说来Featherbottom太太这周都不在 |
[00:58] | Which means she didn’t iron my blouse… | 意味着她没给我熨衬衣 |
[01:00] | which means I don’t have anything to wear for my premiere. | 害得我首映式时没衣服穿 |
[01:03] | The premier- of Canada. | 我是说加拿大的总理 |
[01:07] | He’s going out with my gym teacher. | 他和我的健身教练在约会 |
[01:09] | Maeby was actually referring to the premiere of a film… | Maeby其实说的是一部电影首映式 |
[01:12] | from the studio where she had conned her way into a job. | 她伪造身份才混进这家电影工作室 |
[01:15] | Hey, Jeff. Did you get a chance to do coverage | Jeff 你弄了<美国史阐述>的 |
[01:17] | on the voices of America History in perspective? | 正确范围了吗 |
[01:19] | Yeah. I looked that up. It’s a ninth grade history textbook. | 我查了一下 那可是九年级的历史课程 |
[01:23] | Yeah. And if I don’t get your report on it, | 对 如果我拿不到你的报告 |
[01:25] | I won’t be able to pass. | 我会挂的 |
[01:27] | On it. | 我是指报告 |
[01:29] | Because I have a feeling it’s a piece of- | 我预感你的报告就是一堆[哔] |
[01:31] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[01:32] | the job was wreaking havoc with her language. | 这工作让她学会了爆粗口 |
[01:35] | Maybe we just need a new- housekeeper. | 也许我们该换一个新[哔]管家 |
[01:37] | Okay. I’m sure she would have ironed it for you… | 你应该在她换上工作服之前 |
[01:39] | had you told her about it | 告诉她哪件衣服该烫 |
[01:40] | before she changed out of her bloody work clothes. | 她就不会忘记了 |
[01:42] | But I am off then. | 算了 我闪了 |
[01:48] | I gotta keep him trying. That is the job. | 我得给他点压力 工作就是这样 |
[01:54] | Michael, what are you doing tomorrow? | Michael 明天你有什么安排 |
[01:56] | Having my day ruined with whatever you’re about to ask me to do. | 按你接下来的吩咐过悲催的一天 |
[01:59] | It’s my wedding anniversary, and Oscar wants to throw me a party. | 明天是我结婚纪念日 Oscar想帮我庆祝 |
[02:03] | He is aware that he’s not married to you, right? | 他知道娶你的不是他 对吧 |
[02:05] | In fact, Oscar had started to | 事实上 Oscar察觉到 |
[02:07] | perceive that Lucille was pulling away from him. | Lucille在疏远他 |
[02:09] | Not now. It’s my time of the month. | 不行 今天是危险期 |
[02:13] | Not now. I don’t want to risk having a baby. It could kill me. | 现在不行 万一有了 那简直生不如死 |
[02:17] | So he went to Buster for advice. | 于是他找Buster去寻求帮助 |
[02:19] | I think she misses my brother. | 我觉得她想我哥哥了 |
[02:21] | – My father? – Yes? I mean, yes. | – 我爸爸 – 诶 我是说 对啊 |
[02:25] | Maybe I should throw her an anniversary party. | 也许我该给她办个结婚纪念日派对 |
[02:27] | So when he doesn’t show, she’ll realize | 老爸肯定不能来 然后她会明白 |
[02:29] | that you were the one who was always there for us. | 一直在我们身边的只有你 |
[02:31] | Well, I was thinking one more party, and then I’d move out. | 我本计划帮她庆祝完就离开这里 |
[02:34] | But no. I like your plan better. | 不过我更喜欢你的计划 |
[02:36] | The only problem is we know he’s- he’s around somewhere. | 唯一的问题是 你老爸神出鬼没的 |
[02:40] | Well, he didn’t return when I lost my hand. | 我失去手的时候 他都没出现 |
[02:42] | But you- you not only embrace it… | 但你不同 你不仅接受了它 |
[02:45] | but I saw you kissing it while you thought I was sleeping. | 你还趁我睡觉时 亲了它 |
[02:53] | Who knows what goes on in that pot-addled mind of his. | 谁知道他浆糊脑里在想些什么 |
[02:57] | Anyway, it’s a party, and I want the whole family there. | 但好歹是个派对 我希望家人都出席 |
[03:01] | – We’re havin’ a party? – No. | – 我们要开派对 – 没有的事 |
[03:04] | Well, I’m sorry if I don’t | 原谅我不想 |
[03:05] | want you doing one of your stupid puppet shows. | 让你再丢人现眼表演愚蠢的木偶秀 |
[03:07] | I did that once, Mom. | 人家就表演过一次而已 |
[03:09] | And a lot of people thought it was pretty cool. | 好多人都觉得我表演的很精彩 |
[03:11] | In an effort to hip up his act… | 为了提升他的表演水平 |
[03:14] | Gob had briefly introduced a puppet. | Gob表演过一个简短的开场秀 |
[03:16] | – Can I tell you somethin’, my man? – Sure, Franklin. | – 能跟你说点儿事吗 – 当然 Franklin |
[03:19] | You are one cool- | 你是个酷毙了的[哔] |
[03:23] | Speakin’ of mothers, | 说到你妈 |
[03:25] | let me give that oatmeal some brown sugar. | 让我给这小甜心点棕色口味的尝尝 |
[03:28] | Get off my wife, you bastard! | 离我老婆远点儿 你个混蛋 |
[03:30] | Oh, man. What’s the matter with you? | 天啊 你有什么毛病 |
[03:31] | Franklin said some things Whitey wasn’t ready to hear. | Franklin说了一些那个白人佬不能接受的话 |
[03:34] | Gob, weren’t you also mercilessly | Gob 因为这个表演 你不是被托伦斯的 |
[03:36] | beaten outside of a club in Torrance for that act? | 一家俱乐部扫地出门了吗 |
[03:38] | He also said some things that | 他也说了一些 |
[03:39] | African-Americany wasn’t ready to hear either. | 非裔美国人同样不能接受的话 |
[03:41] | You know, Mom, we have no idea where Dad is. | 老妈 咱不知道老爸在哪里 |
[03:44] | How’s he gonna hear about the party? | 他若知道派对的事会作何感想 |
[03:45] | Why do you have the baby monitor out? | 这怎么会有个婴儿监护器 |
[03:48] | – I’m, uh, listening in- – She wants her man back. | – 我在监听 – 她想她的男人了 |
[03:51] | – On my son. – Yo, man. | – 我儿子的 – 嘿 老兄 |
[03:52] | You’re gonna get your sorry white ass thrown in jail. | 小心你粉嫩的白屁股又要坐牢房了 |
[03:55] | I said that’s enough. | 你给我闭嘴 |
[03:57] | Michael came up with an excuse | Michael想出一个借口 |
[03:59] | he knew his mother would understand. | 他相信他妈妈会明白的 |
[04:01] | I’m listening in on my son. | 我在监听我儿子的状况 |
[04:03] | I’m a little worried about his girlfriend, Ann. | 我有点不放心他的女友 Ann |
[04:06] | My advice, get one of those teddy bears with the cameras in them. | 我的建议是 买个玩具熊 装上摄像头放他房间 |
[04:09] | I had one in Buster’s room to | 我在Buster的房间就放了一个 |
[04:11] | make sure he wasn’t getting too serious with anyone. | 确保他再也不会爱谁爱的太过火了 |
[04:13] | As it turned out, | 结果 |
[04:15] | he got too serious with the teddy bear. | 他现在爱上玩具熊了 |
[04:18] | I’ll see you at the anniversary party. | 结婚纪念派对上见了 |
[04:21] | – Gangy’s having an anniversary party? – Seems that way. | – 奶奶要开结婚纪念派对 – 看起来是 |
[04:24] | Is Franklin gonna be there? | Franklin也会去吗 |
[04:25] | See that, Mike? Kids love Franklin. | 看见没 孩子们喜欢Franklin |
[04:28] | I just don’t want him to | 我只是不想让他 |
[04:29] | point out my cracker ass in front of Ann. | 害我在Ann面前出丑 |
[04:33] | Imagine what he’d say about her. | Franklin不定会怎么挤兑Ann呢 |
[04:36] | So you were listening in on George Michael. | 你在监听George Michael |
[04:38] | Can you believe what he asked me this morning? | 你知道他今天早上跟我说什么吗 |
[04:41] | Do you think my mom’s engagement ring is still around? | 你知道我妈的婚戒在哪里吗 |
[04:43] | Of course it is. Your father | 当然啦 这么重要的东西 |
[04:45] | would never part with something so precious. | 你爸爸肯定随身携带着 |
[04:47] | In fact, Lindsay was currently | 实际上 订婚戒指就在 |
[04:49] | wearing it on her middle toe, roast beef. | Lindsay的中间脚指头上 |
[04:52] | I’m thinking of asking Ann to get pre-engaged. | 我想和Ann预求婚 |
[04:54] | – You are? – Yeah. I feel | – 真的 – 没错 我觉得 |
[04:56] | like God moved her here from Ohio to be with me. | 是神把她从俄亥俄州带到我身边 |
[04:59] | – Her? – Well, that’s the first I’ve heard of this. | – 跟她 – 我第一次听到这个消息 |
[05:02] | – Well, then who said “Her?” – Me. That was-That was me. | – 刚刚谁说的”跟她” – 是我 我说的 |
[05:05] | But, um, her? | 但是 跟她 |
[05:08] | Look, it’s just a pre-engagement. It’s exciting. | 不过是预订婚罢了 我觉得很不错 |
[05:11] | You know, it’s young love. | 年轻人的纯纯之爱 |
[05:13] | I had it once. A man I loved- | 我年轻时也和一个男人有过 |
[05:17] | Here’s young Maeby’s blouse. | Maeby的衬衣在这儿 |
[05:19] | And then things took a turn somehow. | 结果事情急转直下 |
[05:21] | Master Bluth. I haven’t seen you in a week’s time. | Bluth主子 一周没见你了 |
[05:24] | Actually, you tried to put a banger in my mouth this morning. | 没吧 就在今早你还试图给我塞香肠呢 |
[05:28] | Oh, was it this morn- Well, I’m sorry. | 哦 没错 今天早上 不好意思 |
[05:32] | – I’m just so exhausted. – So I’m just gonna talk to my son. | – 我有点忙晕了 – 我得跟我儿子谈谈 |
[05:35] | I’m gonna tell him that I’m against this. I don’t like her. | 我反对这么做 我不喜欢那个姑娘 |
[05:38] | You know, maybe if you stop judging her, he’d trust you. | 别对她这么反感 他还会更相信你的话 |
[05:41] | Look, if you say no, you’re just gonna drive him right to her. | 极力反对 只会适得其反 |
[05:45] | Hey, Dad. Can you drive me to Ann’s? | 老爸 能送我去Ann家吗 |
[05:48] | N-n-n- | 不 |
[05:50] | – Y-Yes. – Great. I’ll wait in the car. | – 好吧 – 太好了 我在车里等你 |
[05:54] | I don’t think that worked. | 我觉得这个主意未必管用 |
[05:56] | Meanwhile, Gob went to check on | 与此同时 Gob去找那个 |
[05:58] | the one friend who didn’t mind having him around. | 不嫌弃他的真心朋友了 |
[06:01] | Get your loser hand out of my ass. | 你丫放开你的脏手 |
[06:05] | – Hello, Son. – Oh, Dad. I thought- Dad? | – 嘿 儿子 – 老爸 我以为 你怎么在这 |
[06:08] | This is where you’ve been hi- Michael. | 你就一直藏在这里 是Michael这家伙 |
[06:10] | I just came back because of your mother. | 我是为了你母亲回来的 |
[06:12] | She’s with my brother on my anniversary. | 她居然要和我弟弟庆祝结婚纪念日 |
[06:14] | But I got an idea from George Michael. | 但是George Michael让我明白一个道理 |
[06:17] | I need to recommit myself to your mother. | 我必须重新赢回你母亲的爱 |
[06:19] | – Her? – But you gotta get me into that party. | – 赢回她 – 你必须想办法让我混进派对 |
[06:22] | Then you gotta take me to this church. | 然后把我带到这个教堂 |
[06:24] | I found this brochure that Ann left behind. | 我在Ann留下的宣传册上发现的 |
[06:26] | That’s gonna be tough. I’m not really all that invited. | 这不好办 他们都没邀请我 |
[06:29] | I got it all worked out, but I need a limousine. | 我都计划好了 就差一辆豪华轿车 |
[06:31] | L- I can do this, Dad. I’m gonna make you proud. | 我能解决 您一定会为我骄傲的 |
[06:34] | Never too late to start. | 只要开始 永远不晚 |
[06:37] | And Michael drove to Ann’s house, | Michael来到Ann的家 |
[06:39] | where he finally got to meet Ann’s parents. | 终于见到Ann的父母了 |
[06:42] | This is my father, Pastor Terry Veal. | 这是我父亲 Terry Veal牧师 |
[06:44] | – Hello. – Oh, Pastor. I didn’t know. You didn’t tell me. | – 你好 – 牧师 你怎么没跟我提过 |
[06:48] | – I told you. – No, you didn’t. | – 我说过的 – 你没有 |
[06:50] | People treat you so differently | 人们知道你是神职人员 |
[06:51] | when they find out you’re a man of God. | 总会对你区别对待 |
[06:53] | Oh, believe me, I know. | 没人比我更清楚了 |
[06:55] | Oh, are you a churchgoing man? | 你经常去教堂吗 |
[06:56] | I am. | 是的 |
[06:58] | Sometimes. Yes. I don’t go religiously. | 有时候吧 我没那么虔诚 |
[07:02] | I mean, I’m not a nut about it. | 我是说没那么痴迷 |
[07:04] | Because there is no such thing | 我觉得没有比宗教信仰 |
[07:05] | as a nut when it comes to religion, Pastor. | 更让人如此痴迷其中的了 牧师 |
[07:08] | I’ve met a few. | 我的确见过一些 |
[07:10] | I’m sure if you look a bit | 如果你再仔细些观察 |
[07:12] | closer you’ll find some very earnest people… | 会发现一些十分狂热的信徒 |
[07:14] | that are just doing their best. | 真的是全身心投入 |
[07:16] | – What are you doin’, Dad? – I’m not sure. | – 你说什么呢 老爸 – 我也不确定 |
[07:17] | Why don’t you kids run along and | 你俩小孩去溜达一会儿 |
[07:18] | let us get to know each other a bit better? Thank you. | 让我们俩好好认识认识 好吗 |
[07:21] | – Maybe I should get my wife. Honey. – Okay. | – 我去叫我的妻子 亲爱的 – 好的 |
[07:24] | This is George Michael’s father. | 这是George Michael的父亲 |
[07:26] | This is your wife. Didn’t- Didn’t realize you could remarry. | 这是你妻子 原来你还能二婚啊 |
[07:29] | – What? – Is this Ann’s mother? | – 什么 – 这是Ann的母亲吗 |
[07:32] | – I’m Mrs. Veal. – I’m sorry. I just- | – 我是Veal太太 – 不好意思 |
[07:34] | I did not expect somebody so young. | 你看起来太年轻了 |
[07:37] | Next you’re gonna say how Ann and I can be sisters. | 然后你会说我和Ann像姐妹 |
[07:40] | No, I’d never say that. | 不 我不这么认为 |
[07:42] | Listen, I’m here because… | 我此行的目的是告诉你们 |
[07:44] | I think my son might be planning | 我认为我儿子打算 |
[07:45] | on asking your daughter to get pre-engaged. | 向你们的女儿预求婚 |
[07:48] | – Oh, my gosh. – Oh, my gosh. | – 天啊 – 天啊 |
[07:50] | Well, that is something to celebrate. | 这太值得庆祝了 |
[07:52] | Can we open up some sparkling apple cider? | 来点发泡苹果酒如何 |
[07:55] | – No. – Oh, did you want us to go down to the liquor store… | – 不 – 还是我们去给你买一些 |
[07:58] | and get you some liquor? | 真正的烈酒 |
[08:00] | No. Don’t you think they’re a bit too young? | 不是这个意思 你不觉得他们太年轻了吗 |
[08:02] | Oh, we got serious around his age. | 我俩当年就差不多这年纪 |
[08:04] | Who can blame you? You gotta lock that down. | 如此尤物 当然要先下手为强 |
[08:06] | But I’m not quite sure that they’re ready. | 但我不确定他俩准备好了 |
[08:08] | Michael, in my experience, | 以我的经验来说 |
[08:10] | there is no recipe for a perfect match. | 世上没有所谓的天生一对 |
[08:12] | It takes the love of two families. | 只要两个家庭互相关爱 |
[08:14] | Well, you haven’t met my family. | 那是你还没见过我家人 |
[08:16] | And that’s when Michael devised | 此时Michael想到了 |
[08:17] | a new plan to win the Veals’ disapproval. | 让Veal一家反对婚事的办法 |
[08:20] | You haven’t met my family. | 你还没见过我家人 |
[08:23] | You should meet my family. | 你应该见见他们 |
[08:25] | We’re gonna be having an anniversary party. | 我们要开个结婚纪念派对 |
[08:27] | What a wonderful surprise. | 多么美妙惊喜啊 |
[08:30] | We would love to witness a celebration of their love. | 我们很乐意去祝福他们的爱情 |
[08:33] | That would be a wonderful surprise. | 那绝对够”惊喜”的 |
[08:35] | But he did want a little bit of insurance. | 他要确保事情万无一失 |
[08:37] | Hey, Gob. Mom wants Franklin at the party. | Gob 老妈想让Franklin参加派对 |
[08:42] | Yeah. What? | 没错 你说什么 |
[08:44] | No, no, no. I don’t want to talk- Hey, Franklin. | 不 我不想和他说话 你好 Franklin |
[08:52] | Lucille was setting up for the anniversary party… | Lucille在为了派对忙碌着 |
[08:55] | that she didn’t expect her husband to attend. | 她可没想到她丈夫会来 |
[08:57] | – Where’s the food? – Sorry. Just stuffing the mushroom. | – 食物在哪里 – 不好意思 蘑菇不太塞 |
[09:01] | You realize that’s Tobias, don’t you? | 你知道那是Tobias 对吧 |
[09:03] | If he’s gonna raid my closet, he’s gonna work for it. | 要是敢碰我的衣服 他就死定了 |
[09:06] | What happened to his ankle? | 他脚脖子怎么了 |
[09:07] | Tobias had attempted an entrance… | Tobias试图以惊艳亮相的方式 |
[09:09] | that he hoped would enchant his daughter. | 让他女儿为他着迷 |
[09:17] | We shan’t be telling your mother this, shan’t we? | 侬不得告诉你妈妈 晓得伐 |
[09:20] | Maybe you can point out to | 你去提醒你妈妈 |
[09:21] | your mother that your father hasn’t arrived yet. | 你老爸压根没出现 |
[09:26] | Hmm. So, my father’s not here. | 我老爸不在这儿啊 |
[09:30] | Maybe he is. | 或许你爸在 |
[09:36] | Ann just called. They had a predawn mass, | Ann刚打来电话 说有个祷告会 |
[09:38] | and then they’re gonna go to mass, so- | 他们要先去参加 所以 |
[09:40] | Well, Ann’s got a great deal of mass. | Ann真够麻烦的啊 |
[09:42] | Anyway, I hope that the Veals like us. | 总之 我希望Veal一家喜欢我们 |
[09:45] | Why don’t you go top off your Gangy? Thanks. | 你先去给奶奶灌点酒精吧 |
[09:48] | Wait a minute. You invited the Veals? | 等会儿 你邀请了Veal一家 |
[09:50] | Only so that they’ll disapprove of us. | 只有让他们觉得我们很不靠谱 |
[09:52] | I gotta kill this pre-engagement somehow. | 才能把这个预订婚扼杀在摇篮里 |
[09:54] | And after Mom’s second vodka, | 等老妈喝完第二杯伏特加 |
[09:56] | and after Buster’s second juice box… | Buster喝完第二杯果汁 |
[09:57] | they’re gonna forbid Ann from even seeing my son… | 他们绝对会禁止Ann再见我儿子 |
[09:59] | much less taking his ring, and I’m still the good guy. | 更别提接受他的婚戒了 而我也不用当坏人 |
[10:03] | So the devout religious family- they’re the bad guys? | 这么说你让虔诚的教徒背黑锅喽 |
[10:07] | You’ll understand when Maeby starts getting proposals. | 等有人向Maeby求婚时你就明白了 |
[10:09] | Actually, Maeby had given two that day. | 事实上 Maeby当天向别人求了两次婚 |
[10:11] | I’m sorry. I can’t read what you wrote on this buck slip. | 不好意思 我看不懂你备忘条上写的什么 |
[10:14] | You’ve got the handwriting of a 15-year-old. | 你的字就像15岁的小孩子 |
[10:16] | Fifteen-year-old. Marry me! | 15岁 怎么可能 娶我吧 |
[10:21] | Hey, I’m almost done with that coverage. | 那个课程的报告我快搞定了 |
[10:22] | I can bring it to you tonight. | 我今晚就能给你 |
[10:24] | Are you still at the Balboa Towers? | 你还住在巴波亚塔那边吗 |
[10:26] | Maeby had used her grandmother’s address… | Maeby为了不让家里人怀疑 |
[10:28] | so as not to arouse suspicion at home. | 一直用的都是她奶奶的地址 |
[10:30] | This required convincing the | 但得让保安相信 |
[10:32] | guard she was several years younger than her age. | 她保养有方 看起来很年轻 |
[10:35] | Boy, you get a lot of mail from that movie studio. | 那个电影工作室给你寄来好多信啊 |
[10:37] | I write a lot of letters to movie stars. | 因为我给电影明星写了好多信 |
[10:40] | – You seem a little old for that. – Babysit me. | – 这把年纪了还追星 – 要你管 |
[10:43] | That place seems so old for you. | 那个地方很不适合你 |
[10:45] | I’ll send Dr. Epstein your compliments. | 我就当好话听吧 |
[10:47] | – And may I add, marry me. – Okay. | – 顺便问下 要娶我吗 – 好吧 |
[10:50] | And Maeby realized she might be in need of a new deflection. | Maeby意识到需要一个新的转移话题的方式了 |
[10:53] | Hi, Mrs. Veal. Welcome. | 欢迎你 Veal太太 |
[10:56] | Mom, this is Ann’s mother. | 妈 这是Ann的母亲 |
[10:58] | Are you sure this isn’t her sister? | 你确定不是她姐姐 |
[11:00] | What a lovely thing to say. | 您可真会说话 |
[11:02] | That’s an awful thing to say, Mom. Please. | 妈 这么说话可不好 |
[11:04] | I’m so eager to meet your husband. | 很期待见见您的丈夫 |
[11:06] | Yeah. Dad escaped from prison. Did you not know that? | 我爸越狱了 你不知道这事吗 |
[11:10] | In fact, George Sr. Had just been picked up by his son. | 事实上 老George的儿子开车去接他了 |
[11:14] | Oh, great. It’s stuck. All right. | 郁闷 卡住了 没事儿的 |
[11:16] | Just stay down and let me handle this. | 您就踏实坐着 我来搞定 |
[11:19] | Is that Mr. Bluth there? | 这不是Bluth先生吗 |
[11:21] | He’s got us, Dad. Come on out. | 他发现了 出来吧 老爸 |
[11:22] | He’s talking to you, you idiot. Cover. | 他说的是你呢 笨蛋 赶紧找个台阶下 |
[11:26] | I ain’t your daddy! | 我可不是你老爸 |
[11:28] | How’s it goin’, brother? | 老兄 你好吗 |
[11:32] | You want to pop the trunk and roll the windows down, please? | 请打开车窗和后备箱 |
[11:39] | I’m just messin’ with you. | 逗你玩呢 |
[11:40] | Hey, Franklin. How you doin’, little man? | Franklin 小家伙 你好吗 |
[11:46] | So I’m afraid Ann’s with my husband. | 我估计Ann和我丈夫在一起 |
[11:47] | He had a last-minute vow renewal at the chapel. | 他被临时叫去主持重申婚约的仪式 |
[11:50] | A call that was made by George Sr. | 电话其实是老Geroge打的 |
[11:52] | How do we get her to the church? Tell her you’re in here? | 怎么把老妈弄到教堂 总不能说你在那里吧 |
[11:55] | No. Cover her eyes and take her to the limo. | 要不就蒙上眼睛直接开车带走 |
[11:58] | No. Bring her in here, knock her out with this ether, | 不 你叫她过来 用这个打晕她 |
[12:00] | and you stuff her into this garment bag. | 然后塞进西服袋里 |
[12:02] | Anyone sees, you do the same. Oh, hi, Tobias. | 有人发现了就一起绑走 嘿 Tobias |
[12:07] | Whenever I get a wee bit scared I hum a little tune | *人家心里有点怕怕唱首歌来缓解下下* |
[12:12] | Hum diddle diddly Hum di-do | *嗡嗡 嘀嘟嘀嘟* |
[12:13] | You put a handkerchief over her mouth for a couple of seconds. | 用块手绢捂住她的嘴几秒 |
[12:16] | No more than two though. ‘Cause you could kill her. | 别捂太久 会要命的 |
[12:18] | – I don’t have a handkerchief. – Fine. | – 我没有手帕咋办 – 这样吧 |
[12:20] | Put the ether on the puppet’s lips. Have the puppet kiss her. | 把乙醚抹在木偶嘴唇上 然后让木偶亲她 |
[12:23] | I ain’t kissin’ that old bitch. | 我可不想亲那个老女人 |
[12:25] | That’s my wife, you bastard! | 那是我老婆 你个混蛋 |
[12:27] | Dad, that’s my wrist! | 老爸 你掐的是我的手腕 |
[12:31] | Hey, man! That’s his neck! | 老兄 别掐他脖子啊 |
[12:33] | Hey, Gob. Mrs. Veal, this is my brother Gob. | 嘿 Gob Veal太太 这是我哥哥Gob |
[12:36] | – Where’s your pal Franklin? – Throat’s a little sore. | – 你的好朋友Franklin呢 – 人家有点嗓子疼 |
[12:39] | And wrist. Nice to meet you. | 手腕也疼 见到你很高兴 |
[12:42] | What a lovely family. | 你们家真和谐 |
[12:44] | Does it seem that way? Where’s Buster? | 你这么想的 Buster哪去了 |
[12:46] | Should help. | 他要是在就好了 |
[12:48] | It’s really great you did this. | 感谢您所做的一切 |
[12:49] | I thought you didn’t even like Ann. | 我还以为您不喜欢Ann呢 |
[12:51] | But since you do, I thought maybe I could get your opinion. | 如此看来 或许我该咨询下你的意见 |
[12:54] | I was thinking of giving her, like, a pre-engagement- | 我想着给她一个类似预定婚 |
[12:56] | – Ring? – Ah. | – 戒指 – 是啊 |
[12:58] | Wow. That catches me off guard, | 这让我有点措手不及 |
[12:59] | George Michael. I’m not sure about that. | George Michael 我不太确定 |
[13:01] | I don’t know if it’s- | 也许你这么做 |
[13:04] | I think it’s gonna backfire on you. | 会起到适得其反的效果 |
[13:06] | I think it could backfire on you because it’s gonna seem… | 为什么呢 因为这样显得你 |
[13:09] | like you’re taking marriage, uh, lightly, you know. | 把婚姻看得过于草率 |
[13:12] | And you can’t. It’s very sacred. | 婚姻是神圣的 你不能草率对待 |
[13:15] | – Sacred. – Yeah. That’s it. | – 神圣的 – 没错 |
[13:18] | All right. Well, yeah. | 是啊 没错 |
[13:19] | You know, it did kind of feel right to me. | 您说的似乎有道理 |
[13:21] | – But, yeah. I’ve gotta trust you, right? – Thank you. Thank you. | – 我应该相信您 – 谢谢 |
[13:24] | Damn. Maybe I should- | 该死 也许我该 |
[13:27] | Maybe I should ask if she | 问问她是否 |
[13:28] | wants to get pre-pre-engaged. Add another- | 想要一个预预订婚 再来点缓冲 |
[13:31] | The mere fact that you’re laughing about marriage… | 你现在笑的行为恰恰证明 |
[13:33] | – means that you’re not ready, okay? – Wha- | – 你没准备好 – 什么 |
[13:36] | And Lucille was asked to the kitchen. | Lucille被叫到厨房 |
[13:38] | What’s so important that | 能有什么重要的事 |
[13:40] | you’re dragging me away from this miserable party? | 让你把我从那个悲催的派对中叫出来 |
[13:42] | Well, I just had an old friend who wanted to tell you… | 只是有个老朋友想告诉你 |
[13:46] | how much I miss you! | 人家好想你 |
[13:48] | Oh, who let this little black- | 天 谁让这个倒霉的黑[哔]来的 |
[13:53] | Hey, Brother. | 嘿 大哥 |
[13:54] | – Who you callin’ brother, you hook-ass- – Mother! | – 你丫叫谁大哥 你个钩子手 – 老妈 |
[14:01] | What the hell kind of puppet does Buster have on his hand? | Buster手上那个木偶是什么鬼种类 |
[14:04] | Just let me think. | 让我想想 |
[14:05] | God, Franklin. Your breath- Oh, God. | Franklin 你口气真 哦 天啊 |
[14:08] | So I’m really getting excited about your proposal. | 你的求婚行为真让人激动 |
[14:10] | Oh, yeah. I’m not gonna do it now. | 是啊 不过我现在不打算求了 |
[14:12] | Because Ann’s mom doesn’t approve of our family? Come on. | 因为Ann的妈妈不喜欢咱们家 拜托 |
[14:15] | It’s just some stupid plan your father was trying. | 这不过是你爸爸搞出来的蹩脚计划 |
[14:18] | Plan? | 计划 |
[14:20] | What plan? | 什么计划 |
[14:20] | Well, it’s off. Sorry. | 求婚取消了 不好意思 |
[14:23] | I know that you were excited about it. | 我知道你很期待 |
[14:25] | But, uh, you know, in the secular world… | 但是 世事无常 |
[14:28] | I feel like they’re a bit young. | 他们还是太年轻了 |
[14:29] | You know, l- I didn’t want | 我不想当面拆Terry的台 |
[14:31] | to say anything in front of Terry, but I agree. | 其实我同意你的意见 |
[14:34] | I mean, perhaps there’s someone else they’re meant to meet. | 我是说 他们很可能遇到更好的人呢 |
[14:37] | Well, let’s- let’s just say that in the secular world… | 这么说吧 虽然世事无常 |
[14:40] | one finds oneself with their fair share of temptations. | 但是有缘分总会走到一起 |
[14:44] | Not that anyone would ever act- | 水到渠成般顺利 |
[14:46] | Take me. | 带我走 |
[14:47] | – Mrs. Veal. – Take me to your secular world. | – Veal太太 – 带我去体验你的”世事” |
[14:50] | Hey. Hey, listen. | 嘿 听着 |
[14:52] | I can’t believe my dad. First he’s | 难以置信 一开始我爸说 |
[14:54] | saying I need to respect the sanctity of marriage… | 要尊重婚姻的神圣权利 |
[14:55] | then he’s making out with her on the balcony. | 转身他就和她在阳台亲热 |
[14:57] | – I thought he didn’t even like Ann. – No, no. Mrs. Veal. | – 我以为他不喜欢Ann – 是和Veal太太 |
[15:00] | Know what else he’s not gonna like? I’m getting pre-engaged. | 知道他还不喜欢什么吗 我的预订婚 |
[15:02] | – God, that’s so romantic. – The hell with him. | – 天 这太浪漫了 – 让他见鬼去吧 |
[15:07] | Take it. Take the sacred ring. | 拿走 拿走这枚神圣的戒指 |
[15:10] | Not the snake. That doesn’t come off. | 不是蛇戒 那个摘不下来 |
[15:16] | Michael had just been | Michael刚刚 |
[15:17] | kissed by the mother of his son’s girlfriend. | 被他儿子女友的母亲吻了 |
[15:20] | – Oh, my golly! – Listen. | – 我滴神啊 – 你听我说 |
[15:21] | – Don’t do this. Don’t do this. | 别这样 别这样 |
[15:23] | – I can’t believe we’re making love. | 难以置信我们在做爱 |
[15:25] | What are you talking about? We’re not making love. | 说什么呢 没有啊 |
[15:27] | I want to please you secularly. | 我想跟你大干一场 |
[15:29] | We’re not gonna do this. | 我们不能这么做 |
[15:31] | But you kept telling me how beautiful I was. | 但你一直夸我美若天仙啊 |
[15:33] | I was surprised because of Ann. | 那是因为Ann的缘故 |
[15:36] | Why because of Ann? | 什么叫Ann的缘故 |
[15:37] | Because of an old wives’ tale. | 因为”一个”无稽之谈 |
[15:40] | – Oh, I’m so ashamed. – All right. No- | – 太令人难堪了 – 好吧 |
[15:43] | Mrs. Veal. | Veal太太 |
[15:44] | Jolly news, governor. Young master’s proposing. | 总督 好消息 小主公去求婚了 |
[15:49] | George Michael? I told him not to. He said he wouldn’t. | George Michael 我以为他明白利害关系了 |
[15:51] | Well, this was before he | 那是在他看见 |
[15:52] | saw you pounding that sweet piece of veal. | 你和Veal太太亲热之前的事了 |
[15:56] | He saw that? Where is he? | 他看见了 他在哪 |
[15:57] | Oh, he left with Lady Lindsay- | 他跟Lindsay女士还有 |
[16:00] | Tobias, where are they? | Tobias 他们去哪了 |
[16:01] | It is me. It’s Tobias. | 是我啊 我就是Tobias |
[16:06] | – What happened? – What’s going on? | – 什么情况 – 怎么回事 |
[16:07] | Gob made me kiss Franklin. I think my father was here. | Gob让Franklin亲了我 好像老爸也在 |
[16:10] | Maybe he still is. | 或许他还在这儿 |
[16:12] | Shut up. What do you mean he was here? | 闭嘴 你是说你看见老爸了 |
[16:14] | I think he was dragging my mother out with Gob. | 好像他和Gob一起把老妈拖走了 |
[16:16] | – Oh, you shut up. – What’s goin’ on? | – 你才闭嘴呢 – 怎么回事 |
[16:19] | We’re tryin’to figure that out. | 我们还没弄明白呢 |
[16:20] | Apparently Pop-Pop kidnapped Gangy… | 显然老爸绑架了老妈 |
[16:22] | and I have no idea where George Michael is- or Lindsay. | 而且George Michael和Lindsay也不见踪影 |
[16:24] | I just saw them drive off. They’re gonna go look for Bland. | 他们刚刚开车走了 去找”乏味女”了 |
[16:27] | – Who’s the hottie? – This is Ann’s mother. | – 这个辣妹是谁 – Ann的妈妈 |
[16:30] | Her? | 她的吗 |
[16:31] | Does she look old enough to play Topher Grace’s mom? | 她演Topher Grace的母亲合适吗 |
[16:34] | – Where did you say Ann was? – At the chapel. | – 你说Ann在哪来着 – 在教堂 |
[16:36] | Yeah, we gotta get down there. | 我们必须马上过去 |
[16:37] | My son’s gonna pre-propose to your daughter. | 我儿子要跟你女儿预求婚 |
[16:40] | Fortunately, Tobias had rented a car to maintain his ruse. | 幸运的是 Tobias为了表演需要 租了这辆车 |
[16:44] | I had this shipped over from “Blackstool”. | 这车是从”黑便”运来的 |
[16:46] | It’s what I used to drive the Roger Moores about in. | 我以前用它载过Roger Moores呢 |
[16:49] | And Lucille awoke, half in the bag. | Lucille醒了过来 半装在袋子里 |
[16:51] | What am I doing in a Nordstrom bag? | 我在诺德斯特龙的购物袋里干什么 |
[16:54] | It’s me. I’m taking you to renew our vows. | 是我 我带你去重申我们的婚约 |
[16:59] | – But first- – Uh, Dad- | – 但首先 – 老爸 |
[17:00] | we make love. | 我们先来一炮 |
[17:01] | The partition doesn’t go all the way up, remember? | 隔板坏了 记得吗 |
[17:03] | No. No. After your vows. | 现在不行 重申之后再说 |
[17:06] | I want to know you won’t run out on me again. | 我要确定你不会再离开我 |
[17:09] | I need to know you’re in it for keeps. | 确定你不会拔”腿”就走 |
[17:12] | Just let me see ’em. | 先让我看看这俩宝贝 |
[17:13] | – Seriously, Dad. The radio doesn’t work either. – George! | – 拜托 收音机也坏了 – George |
[17:16] | Gob raced his parents to the church… | Gob用最快速度把父母带到教堂 |
[17:19] | passing George Michael and Lindsay… | 超过了Michael和Lindsay |
[17:21] | who were soon followed by Mrs. Featherbottom. | 很快Featherbottom太太也紧随其后 |
[17:24] | Oh, mercy me! | 哦 原谅我吧 |
[17:26] | I keep forgetting I’m in the colonies. | 我老是觉得我在英国 |
[17:29] | Buster was talking to the police when Oscar found a clue. | Buster报警的时候 Oscar发现了线索 |
[17:32] | They must be going to this church. | 他们肯定去了这个教堂 |
[17:34] | He’s going to renew his vows. | 他要重申婚约 |
[17:37] | He’s my twin brother. I know how he thinks. | 我们是双胞胎 我知道他在想什么 |
[17:40] | They’re at the Church of the Good Shepherd. | 他们在牧羊人教堂 |
[17:43] | And at the chapel, Pastor Veal was officiating. | 负责主持的正是Veal牧师 |
[17:46] | “…to love and honor your spirit and flesh. | “给予灵魂和肉体同等的爱与尊重” |
[17:48] | “First the flesh. I will caress and tweak. | 当然首先是肉体 我会好好爱抚的 |
[17:51] | “I will nibble and bite. | “让肌肤上遍布爱的痕迹” |
[17:53] | I will blow alternatingly hot and cool.” | “经历冰火两重天的洗礼” |
[17:57] | Oh, man. I can’t wait to get married. | 天 我都等不及结婚了 |
[18:00] | Ann went to cool down, where George Michael found her. | George Michael在外边找到了正在降温的Ann |
[18:03] | Ann, I have something to ask you. | Ann 我有事问你 |
[18:06] | Well, l- I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[18:07] | I guess what l- I want to ask you is, will you one day… | 我想问的是 你是否想过 |
[18:10] | uh, intend to marry me? | 将来的某一天嫁给我 |
[18:12] | It would be great to hear back | 在那些很难的大学 |
[18:14] | on this before the real hard A.P stuff kicks in. | 预选课之前有个保障挺好的 |
[18:16] | Let’s do it. Now. | 咱们现在就去 |
[18:18] | – Let’s actually get married. – Right now? | – 咱们现在就结婚去 – 现在吗 |
[18:20] | My father’s in there. He can do it as soon as he finishes. | 我爸就在里边 一完事就可以给我们主持 |
[18:23] | “I’ll always be here for you to rest your ankles | “我愿意永远让你把脚踝” |
[18:26] | upon my shoulders.” | “架在我的肩膀上” |
[18:28] | And Michael showed up at the chapel. | 这时Michael出现了 |
[18:30] | Uh, listen, buddy. Dad? | 听着 伙计 那是老爸吗 |
[18:32] | Uh, faster, Pastor. | 快点儿 牧师 |
[18:34] | Stop this! Stop this now! | 停下来 马上停止 |
[18:37] | Oscar charged at George Sr., | Oscar向老George讨伐 |
[18:39] | finally willing to fight for Lucille. | 他们终于为了Lucille打起来了 |
[18:41] | But they did think alike… | 可惜出招的套路对方全部知晓 |
[18:44] | and neither could land a blow. | 谁也没伤到对方分毫 |
[18:49] | Dad, do us. We’re ready to get married. | 老爸 给我们主持 我们要结婚 |
[18:50] | George Michael, don’t do this just to get back at me. | George Michael 别为了跟我较劲这么做 |
[18:53] | What you saw on the balcony- Uh, Mrs. Veal started kissing me. | 阳台上那是Veal太太主动亲我的 |
[18:57] | This part of it was news to George Michael. | 这让George Michael始料未及 |
[18:59] | Unfortunately, it was also news to Pastor Veal. | Veal牧师更是始料未及 |
[19:02] | – You kissed my wife? – No. She started kissing me. | – 你亲了我老婆 – 是她主动的 |
[19:05] | You really should lock that down. | 你该好好把握住她的 |
[19:07] | And Pastor Veal, too, was ready to fight for the woman he loved. | Veal牧师也为心爱之人怒了 |
[19:15] | Ah. Finally. Where have you been? | 终于到了 你们去哪里了 |
[19:17] | The police had been delayed when | 警察来晚了是因为 |
[19:18] | they thought they’d cornered a kidnapping suspect. | 他们以为已经锁定绑架嫌犯 |
[19:20] | Put your hands up, or we’ll | 举起手来 |
[19:21] | take that as a sign of aggression against us. | 否则将视为向我们示威 |
[19:24] | They’re not up! He’s aggressive! | 他没举起手 大家小心 |
[19:26] | Got a little hot out there. | 刚刚外面有点激烈 |
[19:28] | Well, it’s getting pretty hot in here. | 这里可是非常激烈 |
[19:29] | – She’s mine! – No. She’s mine. | – 她是我的 – 是我的 |
[19:33] | Oscar, I don’t want her. I don’t want either of them. | Oscar 我不喜欢她 她俩我都不喜欢 |
[19:35] | Oh. Sorry. Where’s my brother? | 不好意思 我哥哥哪去了 |
[19:37] | Look at all the bobbies. | 好多警察呦 |
[19:39] | Oh, no. My wig seems to have run off. | 糟了 我的假发丢了 |
[19:43] | On George Sr., as it turned out. | 假发被老George偷走了 |
[19:46] | – Who is this guy? – This guy is my husband. | – 这货是谁 – 他是我丈夫 |
[19:52] | Terry, I don’t know what happened. | Terry 我也说不清楚怎么回事 |
[19:54] | I fell under the spell of that horrible secular family. | 可能是那个俗不可耐家庭给我下了药 |
[19:58] | Forgive me. | 原谅我吧 |
[20:00] | Could’ve used that horrible family stuff about a halfhour ago. | 一个半小时前还差点”用了”某个”俗不可耐”呢 |
[20:03] | I hope you notice I didn’t run. | 希望你注意到我没有跑走 |
[20:06] | You fought for me. | 你居然为了我去打架 |
[20:07] | What I meant to say is l- I think I broke my ankle. | 我想说的是 我脚踝扭伤了 |
[20:10] | Let’s alternate hot and cool on that. | 用冰火两重天来治疗一下 |
[20:16] | – Guess the wedding’s off? – Yeah. That’s okay, Dad. | – 看来这婚是不结了 – 没什么的 老爸 |
[20:19] | We were talking, and we think | 我们谈了谈 |
[20:20] | that we were doin’ it for the wrong reasons. | 觉得我们现在结婚很不理智 |
[20:22] | Yeah? You have so much to experience | 在你准备好结婚前 |
[20:24] | before you make a commitment you’re not ready for. | 你还有大把的人生去体验 |
[20:26] | You need to get to know each other better… | 你们应该更好地去相互了解 |
[20:28] | and then you can be comfortable going all the way with it. | 才能轻松去面对所有事情 |
[20:32] | – Do you mean it? – Yes. This time I’m being honest with you. | – 心里话 – 百分之百心里话 |
[20:35] | – Thanks, Dad. – Okay. | – 谢了 老爸 – 别客气 |
[20:39] | It sounds like your father | 听起来你老爸似乎 |
[20:40] | just gave us permission to start doing it. | 批准我们滚床单了 |
[20:43] | You must teach me, George Michael. | George Michael你一定要好好教我 |
[20:44] | You must teach me the ways of the secular flesh. | 你一定要教会我所有世俗的花招 |
[20:52] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:54] | That doesn’t bother you. | 看来你挺喜欢这个 |
[20:56] | Buster finds someone else interested in kissing his hook. | Buster发现有人对他的钩子很感兴趣 |
[20:59] | – Oh, God! – Drug dog’s got something. Get him, Bennett! | – 哦天啊 – 缉毒犬有发现了 抓住他 Bennett |
[21:03] | So Buster gets a hook replacement. | Buster不得不换了一个新的 |
[21:05] | They’re not gonna let you in at the country club with that. | 乡村俱乐部不会让你带着这玩意儿进去的 |
[21:08] | I don’t want no part of your tight-ass country club… | 爷才不乐意进什么狗屁俱乐部 |
[21:11] | you freak bitch! | 你个臭婊子 |