英文名称:August
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | 禁止用於任何商業盈利行為 歡迎登錄人人美劇論壇交流 下載 在線觀看 www.YYETS.net | |
[00:20] | Rocky ZoomPlayer Blunejungle Uranus | —–====翻譯=====—– 校對:紫米稀飯 監製:Jesi |
[00:36] | I George Walker Bush do solemnly swear | 我 喬治·沃克·布什莊嚴宣誓 |
[00:39] | That I will faithfully execute | 必忠實執行 |
[00:41] | The office of president of the united states. | 美利堅合眾國總統職務 |
[00:43] | That I will faithfully execute | 必忠實執行 |
[00:45] | The office of president of the united states | 美利堅合眾國總統職務 |
[00:47] | And will to the best of my ability | 竭盡全力 |
[00:49] | And will to the best of my ability | 竭盡全力 |
[00:51] | Preserve protect and defend the constitution. | 恪守 維護和捍衛合眾國憲法 |
[00:53] | Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman | 湯姆·克魯斯和尼克·基德曼 |
[00:55] | Caused quite a stir when they announced plans to separate. | 宣佈分居的計劃引起了不小的轟動 |
[00:58] | The couple explained the split was caused | 這對夫婦解釋說這次分開 |
[01:00] | By careers that frequently keep them apart. | 是工作所帶來的頻繁分離所導致的 |
[01:02] | The market plunge was sharp and swift | 股市暴跌急速而迅猛 |
[01:05] | The nasdaq was bloody too closing below 2000 | 納斯達克以低於2000的指數 慘淡收市 |
[01:08] | For the first time in more than two years. | 這是兩年多來的頭一次 |
[01:10] | Our 40th president Ronald Reagan | 我們出生於1911年1月6日的第40位總統 |
[01:13] | Born February 6th 1911 celebrated his birthday quietly today | 羅納德·裡根今天在他位於洛杉磯的家中 |
[01:17] | In his home in Los Angeles. | 低調地慶祝了生日 |
[01:19] | The tech sector took yet another beating this week | 本周科技板塊又一次挫敗 |
[01:21] | But there were a few winners most notably Landshark | 但也有少數的贏家 最顯著的是蘭德沙克公司 |
[01:24] | Whose stock hit a record high for the fourth straight day. | 它的股票接連四天創歷史新高 |
[01:27] | In just a few minutes we’ll talk to Landshark CEO Tom Sterling. | 待會兒我們將與蘭德沙克公司的CEO 湯姆·斯特林聊聊 |
[01:31] | Mark, tell us just a little bit about this company | 馬克 跟我們講講這個公司 |
[01:34] | It’s an amazing story we’re seeing here, Ron | 這個故事真是令人稱奇啊 羅 |
[01:36] | At a time when the tech sector has been in virtual free fall, | 在科技板塊股票直線滑落的時候 |
[01:40] | Here’s a company that’s been public for four days | 這家上市僅四天的公司 |
[01:42] | And it’s already up an astounding 500% | 其股票就已經驚人地翻了五倍 |
[01:44] | Indeed it has and we want to talk Landshark CEO tom sterling | 確實如此 我們與蘭德沙克公司的CEO 湯姆·斯特林聊聊 |
[01:48] | Tom, are you with us? | 湯姆 聽得見嗎 |
[01:49] | Yeah I’m here. | 恩 可以 |
[01:50] | Congratulations thanks for joining us | 恭喜並感謝參與我們的節目 |
[01:55] | Thank you for having me. | 謝謝你們的邀請 |
[01:56] | This is a very difficult market environment | 在這艱難的市場環境下 |
[01:59] | Can landshark get the traction it needs? | 蘭德沙克公司能獲得所需的牽引力嗎 |
[02:03] | I think you’re missing the point Ron. | 我想你沒說到點子上 羅 |
[02:05] | Traction really isn’t the issue because landshark is not a vehicle | 牽引力並不是問題 因為蘭德沙克公司不是交通工具 |
[02:09] | Landshark is the road itself. | 而是道路本身 |
[02:10] | We’ve seen start-ups before | 我們曾見過此類初創公司 |
[02:13] | They come out strong get b-listed before they’re even out of lockup. | 在其鎖定期之前以強硬的姿態上市了 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1194个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:171个,六级词汇:75个,GRE词汇:95个,托福词汇:129个,考研词汇:188个,专四词汇:153个,专八词汇:27个, 所有生词标注共:359个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:17] | The man has got to be very very tough. | 他確確實實是條硬漢 |
[02:18] | That’s just business ron. | 這只是生意 羅 |
[02:20] | That’s what separates the men from the boys. | 男人與男孩間的差別就在於此 |
[02:22] | Indeed it is Tom, congratulations, | 湯姆 確實如此 恭喜你 |
[02:24] | Thanks for being with us today | 感謝你的參與 |
[02:26] | Absolutely. any time. | 隨時恭候 |
[02:28] | Market confidence in Landshark has been extraordinarily high | 蘭德沙克公司如今的市場信心是如此之高 |
[02:31] | The real question is where will these guys be six months from now? | 問題是半年後這小伙子們又將會如何 |
[02:34] | We’ll be right here! | 我們會在這裡的 |
[02:45] | Hey, Tom | 嘿 湯姆 |
[05:07] | This is tom. leave a message after the beep. | 我是湯姆 請在嘀聲後留言 |
[05:11] | Ahh I am so sorry, guys | 抱歉 各位 |
[05:15] | Um, Tom is not much of a morning person | 湯姆不是一個喜歡早起的人 |
[05:32] | Excuse me sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[05:34] | Excuse me. can I help you? | 抱歉 有何貴幹 |
[05:36] | One skinny mocha latte thank you | 一杯低脂摩卡拿鐵咖啡 謝謝 |
[05:39] | Here he is | 他到了 |
[05:43] | So, | 那好 |
[05:46] | I see you’ve met my brother Joshua, | 你們見過我兄弟約書亞了 |
[05:49] | The creative genius behind our little venture | 他是我們創業公司背後的富有創造性天才 |
[05:52] | Brad, Jonathan, we’ve met of course, | 布萊德 喬納森我們見過 |
[05:54] | And you are… | 你是… |
[05:55] | Mason Newburger. | 梅森·紐堡閣 |
[05:56] | Nice to meet you so, | 幸會 那麼 |
[05:58] | You’re Unisol, we’re Landshark, let’s make money | 你們尤尼索公司 我們蘭德沙克公司 一起來賺錢吧 |
[06:01] | We were, uh, | 我們… |
[06:03] | We expected a proposal | 我們期望有個提案 |
[06:06] | Okay, there’s been a miscommunication | 我們之間肯定有些沒說清楚 |
[06:08] | We apologize but what tom and l… | 我們很抱歉 但湯姆和我… |
[06:10] | We are who we are | 我們就是我們 |
[06:13] | The brand speaks for itself | 品牌自會說明一切 |
[06:15] | Who else are you talking to? | 你們還在與哪家公司討論 |
[06:18] | Who are you meeting with? | 你們還在與哪家公司會面 |
[06:19] | Well, actually, | 事實上 |
[06:21] | I don’t see how that’s relevant | 我不知道這有何關聯 |
[06:22] | Nobody right? I mean nobody of any weight. | 沒有了 對嗎 我指的是沒有有份量的公司了 |
[06:25] | Because nobody does what we do | 因為我們所做的無人能及 |
[06:28] | You know it, I know it so let’s cut the shit | 你我都瞭解 我們就長話短說吧 |
[06:30] | Without a proposal? without something to take back? | 不加提案? 沒有任何收回的條款? |
[06:33] | You can understand, | 你要知道 |
[06:35] | It’s gonna be hard for us to sell this upstairs | 我們會很難在高端市場銷售的 |
[06:37] | Well, maybe next time, we should be meeting with upstairs | 那也許下一次 我們應該與高端市場的人見面 |
[06:41] | Big words for an M.O.P | 牛吹破了哈 |
[06:43] | -Your lockup is what? -standard 180 | 你們的鎖定期是多久 -整整180天 |
[06:46] | He’s out september 14th | 9月14日解凍 |
[06:48] | So you got four weeks, which according to the FCC | 那麼你們有4周的時間 而根據聯邦通信委員會 |
[06:50] | Means you can’t buy you can’t sell | 你們既不能買進也不能賣出 |
[06:53] | All your millions it’s all on paper. | 你的百萬大鈔只是白紙 |
[06:55] | Okay guys, um… | 好了 各位… |
[06:59] | Before we get all heated up… | 在還沒鬧僵之前… |
[07:00] | You want portal play? | 你們想玩入門遊戲嗎 |
[07:02] | Anybody can give you a portal play? | 有人能給你一個入門遊戲嗎 |
[07:04] | Any asshole, he’s a fucking portal | 任何混蛋 他就是一個他媽的入門者 |
[07:08] | That’s so third quarter 99 | |
[07:11] | You want bleeding-edge mission-critical cross platform | 你是想要超越市場 獲得佔絕對優勢 起決定性作用 |
[07:14] | Robust scalable architectures? | 具有穩健擴張發展的項目 |
[07:17] | Well, duh that’s what everybody wants | 嗯 誰都想要 |
[07:21] | What you want is “e” pure e | 你們要的是網絡 純正的網絡 |
[07:24] | Not e-commerce, not e-business, | 不是電子商務 電子貿易 |
[07:26] | Not click-and-mortar, anything but that, e | 不是點擊和磚牆模式 |
[07:29] | Not old not tired not stepped on | 不是過時破舊的 |
[07:32] | Not one gram of e and ten grams of baby laxative | 不是一克維他命E加十克嬰兒通便藥 |
[07:35] | Pure e. Josh knows e. I know e. | 純正的網絡 喬希瞭解 我也瞭解 |
[07:39] | That’s what landshark does | 這正是蘭德沙克公司所在做的 |
[07:41] | And somehow when e changes, | 當網絡變化的時候 |
[07:43] | We’re there first on the shore. beckoning. | 我們走在浪尖上 引領著潮流 |
[07:45] | Is there anyone who can aggregate the way we can? | 還有誰 能集我們之所成 |
[07:48] | I don’t think so because if there was, I’d be there | 即使有 那也只是我們 |
[07:50] | But I’m here and that’s why you invited me here | 但我在這兒 這就是你請我來的原因 |
[07:53] | You invited me here because you want in | 你們請我來 是因為你們想入股 |
[08:25] | Okay | 好 |
[08:27] | Fine | 可以 |
[08:30] | So let’s talk numbers | 我們討論下金額 |
[08:31] | Our cfo, as you know, is Dylan Gothschalk | 我們的首席財務官是迪倫·格斯沙克 |
[08:33] | Give Dylan a call, make him an offer | 給他打個電話 給他報個價 |
[08:35] | We’ll see if we can accommodate you. | 到時候再看我們能否談妥 |
[08:44] | Motherfucker! | 真他媽笨蛋 |
[08:49] | You fucker | 你笨蛋 |
[08:53] | Don’t you ever fucking apologize ever fucking again | 你別再他媽的道歉了 |
[08:58] | That’s not what we do | 那不是我們該做的 |
[09:02] | Well, I’m so sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[09:08] | Hop in! | 上車 |
[09:10] | Oh no, I told Mo I’d stop home first | 哦不了 我跟莫說了我先回趟家 |
[09:13] | To make sure she’s okay | 確保她安然無恙 |
[09:15] | I’ll give you a ride | 我搭你一程 |
[09:17] | That’s okay I’ll see you back at the office | 沒事 回頭辦公室見 |
[09:20] | What? | 怎麼 |
[09:41] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[09:43] | Did you hear? Pseudo dot com | 你知道了嗎 普修都網絡公司 |
[09:46] | How many they dump? | 拋售了多少 |
[09:47] | 60, maybe 70 out of 100 everyone but the | 60% 也許70% |
[09:53] | Who do I owe? | 有誰打我電話 |
[09:54] | Baum who called twice Andrew Goldman | 鮑姆打了兩次 安德魯·高曼 |
[09:56] | Fuck him | 去他的 |
[09:57] | Jonathan Grey | 喬納森·格雷 |
[09:58] | Fuck him | 去他的 |
[10:00] | Laurel Wormack, twice, Kowalski | 勞倫·沃邁克兩次 斯基 |
[10:02] | Somebody’s sitting in my chair | 有人坐了我的位置 |
[10:04] | Don’t get all pompous on me, tom just don’t | 別全都怨我 湯姆 |
[10:08] | You blew them off you had to blew them off, didn’t you? | 你把他們吹掉了 不得已而為之 不是嗎 |
[10:11] | I just did my thing, Mel | 我只是做生意 梅爾 |
[10:13] | I don’t tell you how to do your thing | 我可不會教你如何做生意 |
[10:15] | I won’t have a thing if you keep on blowing off | 如果你繼續吹掉我們的僱主 |
[10:17] | The people who are trying to hire us | 我也不在意 |
[10:19] | We’ve got Snowmark to worry about our plate is full | 我們拿下了斯努馬克 我們有鐵飯碗 |
[10:22] | Our plate is not full. snowmark is three months late. | 我們的飯碗並不鐵 斯努馬克還要3個月後 |
[10:24] | We need that account, we need the money | 我們需要這比賬款 我們需要錢 |
[10:26] | Take it then. you want the money take it. | 拿去吧 你要錢就拿去吧 |
[10:28] | They’ll call dylan, and when they do, take their money | 他們會打迪倫電話 一旦如此 拿走他們的錢 |
[10:32] | They’ll call trust me you’ll see | 相信我 他們會打的 |
[10:34] | I’ve got a bazillion shares of landshark | 我手上持有蘭德沙克公司千千萬萬份股票 |
[10:36] | I can’t do anything with | 可我拿著它們沒用 |
[10:39] | 28 days, Mel, we come out of lockup, 4 weeks | 28天 梅爾 4周後鎖定期就過去了 |
[10:42] | Four weeks from now if we don’t get any cash coming in | 從現在起四周內如果我們還沒有任何資金注入 |
[10:45] | We’re gonna be under water! | 我們就得倒閉 |
[10:46] | We Ipoed at 12 shot up to 60 last week we were at 7. | 首次公開發行股票報價從12升至60 上周是7 |
[10:50] | Want to know where we are now? | 知道我們現在多少嗎 |
[10:56] | 2.125 Two and one eighth | |
[10:57] | You better get to work then | 你回去工作吧 |
[10:59] | Can I have my chair back, please? | 我能要回椅子嗎 |
[11:07] | Hey | 嘿 |
[11:09] | Yeah, you can put it there | 放那兒吧 |
[11:11] | Can you give me a burp pad? | 能給我個口水兜嗎 |
[11:13] | Yeah, yeah, yeah | 好 好 好 |
[11:19] | Josh, you need to help me unpack this shit | 喬希 你要幫我這東西拆開 |
[11:22] | I can’t do it by myself | 我一個人幹不來 |
[11:23] | I know. I’m sorry. | 瞭解 對不起 |
[11:25] | I’ll help you unpack tonight, I promise | 今晚我來幫你拆包 我保證 |
[11:29] | Is there anything I can…? | 還有什麼我能… |
[11:35] | I can’t stay very long | 我不能呆太久 |
[11:36] | Is there anything that I can do before I leave? | 在我離開之前還有什麼我能做的嗎 |
[11:40] | You can give me a kiss | 你能親我一下 |
[11:47] | How is he? | 他怎樣 |
[11:48] | Good he fell asleep | 很好 睡著了 |
[11:52] | Wanna hold him? | 想抱一抱嗎 |
[11:53] | Yeah, yeah, yeah | 恩 恩 恩 |
[11:55] | Do you want your hot chocolate? | 你喝巧克力吧 |
[11:59] | What do you mean I can’t? | 我不能 什麼意思 |
[12:01] | What you’re saying isn’t can’t, you’re saying I shouldn’t | 你說的不是我不能 而是我不該 |
[12:04] | There’s a world of difference | 這之間一字之差 |
[12:06] | Do what you want.Want the gulfstream? go ahead and get it,why do you ask me | 隨便你 想要灣流飛機 自己爭取 何必問我 |
[12:09] | I just want the numbers, not the moralizing, | 我只要數目 不要說教 |
[12:11] | Not the more than I can afford, just numbers | 其他都不用 只要數目 |
[12:13] | With maintenance? | 要維持下去嗎 |
[12:14] | With everything! | 什麼都要 |
[12:16] | Give or take but a million a month. | 零零總總每個月一百萬 |
[12:18] | What does it cost not to lease the g5? ever think about that? | 不租賃G5灣流飛機那要多少 想過沒有 |
[12:22] | Did you ever take that into account? | 你有沒有考慮過這個 |
[12:24] | You’re looking at me like “what does this asshole think? | 你的表情像是說 這混蛋在想什麼 |
[12:27] | That the bottom never fell out? like july never happened? | 這事情從沒發生過? 好比七月從沒有過? |
[12:30] | Of course it happened! Abercrombie was like, “this is great” | 當然發生過 艾伯克龍比卻說 這太好了 |
[12:33] | And then she was like, “this is overvalued” | 然後她說 估計過高 |
[12:35] | What the fuck does that have to do with us? | 那與我們有什麼關係 |
[12:38] | It’s about valuation, tom | 這都是關於估價 湯姆 |
[12:39] | Ellison has a gulfstream. | 埃裡森有灣流飛機 |
[12:41] | Case has a gulfstream Ross has a gulfstream | 凱斯有灣流飛機 羅斯有灣流飛機 |
[12:44] | Bezos has a gulfstream fucking bezos! | 貝索斯有灣流飛機 媽的貝索斯 |
[12:48] | The cost of not having one is the cost of saying to the world that tom… | 沒有這架飛機就像是對世界說湯姆… |
[12:51] | Tom is just not in that league. | 湯姆不是圈內人 |
[12:53] | And what does that cost? a fuck of a lot more than a million a month | 那這要花多少 每月一百萬以上 |
[12:57] | A million a month can be leveraged | 每月一百萬會被影響 |
[12:59] | Being looked at as b-list, can’t | 被當作是榜上有名 不行 |
[13:01] | Can’t | 絕對不行 |
[13:03] | You’re past that point, tom | 你沒說對 湯姆 |
[13:05] | I was right about unisol wasn’t i? | 對於尤尼索公司我是對的 不是嗎 |
[13:06] | They called just like I said they would. | 他們會打來電話的 正如我所料到的 |
[13:09] | You and mel just need to have a little bit of faith | 你和梅爾要有那麼一點信念 |
[13:13] | This will take more than smoky mirrors | 那不僅僅要耍詐了 |
[13:16] | If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem | 你不能解決問題 那你就是個問題 |
[13:19] | Am I fired? | 我被解雇了嗎 |
[13:27] | Just find a way to do it. | 想辦法做成 |
[13:29] | Arbitrage I don’t care. wanna know something? | 套匯還是什麼 我不管 我跟你講 |
[13:33] | You’re gonna like it | 你會喜歡 |
[13:35] | You’re gonna like riding in it | 你會喜歡駕駛它的 |
[13:37] | You’re gonna call me and say, | 你會打電話對我說 |
[13:38] | I’m gonna take the family to hawaii | 我要帶全家去夏威夷 |
[13:40] | You got two kids? | 你有2個孩子? |
[13:41] | Three | 3個 |
[13:42] | “i’m gonna take the wife and three kids to hawaii” | 我要帶上妻子和3個孩子去夏威夷 |
[13:45] | And I’m gonna say, “oool why don’t you take the g?” | 然後我說 幹嘛不帶上灣流飛機 |
[13:47] | And I’ll tell you this I promise you this | 我告訴你 我向你保證 |
[13:50] | When you do, once you do, dyl… | 一旦你這樣做了 |
[13:57] | Never mind, just get it | 算了 明白就行 |
[13:59] | Hey | 嘿 |
[14:03] | Sarrah? | 莎拉 |
[14:06] | What are you doing here? | 你在這兒做什麼 |
[14:08] | Tom hi | 湯姆 嗨 |
[14:10] | Hey, Dylan | 嘿 迪倫 |
[14:12] | Hi Sarrah. | 嗨 莎拉 |
[14:14] | When did you get back in town? | 你什麼時候回城裡的? |
[14:16] | Um just a couple of weeks ago. | 就幾周前 |
[14:19] | I’m taking off, tom | 我要走了 湯姆 |
[14:20] | Gotta get home nice seeing you again, Sarrah | 該回家了 再次見你真好 莎拉 |
[14:24] | Welcome back | 歡迎歸來 |
[14:25] | Thanks, nice to see you too | 謝謝 我也是 |
[14:30] | I was just trying to keep a couple of shifts | 我是過來輪幾天班 |
[14:33] | So you’re back then | 那回頭見 |
[14:35] | Yeah classes start next month so… | 耶 下個月開始上課 所以… |
[14:39] | Where are you living? | 你住哪兒 |
[14:40] | Same place. | 原來的地方 |
[14:42] | How’s your brother? | 你兄弟怎樣 |
[14:44] | Josh is good yeah, he’s good | 喬希很好 他很好 |
[14:46] | Good | 那好 |
[14:47] | Tell him I said hello, okay? bye | 替我向他問好 拜 |
[15:01] | Who was that? | 她是誰 |
[15:09] | So what do you want to do tonight? | 今晚你想做些什麼 |
[15:12] | Taxi! | 計程車 |
[15:21] | Well, good night | 那 晚安 |
[15:23] | Good night | 晚安 |
[16:13] | Recent polls show that 55% of Americans | 最近民意調查顯示 55%的美國人 |
[16:16] | Disapprove of president bush taking a 30-day working vacation. | 對布什總統的30天假期表示不贊成 |
[16:20] | If the president returns on labor day | 一旦總統回到工作日 |
[16:22] | He will tie a lot of records held by Richard Nixon. | 他的記錄將於理查德·尼克松持平 |
[16:36] | Ben Affleck today for alcoholic | 今天本·阿弗萊克是個酒鬼 |
[16:46] | Nicole Kidman says she refuses to be bitter about the breakup with Tom | 尼克·基德曼說她並不因與湯姆·克魯斯分手 |
[16:50] | cruise. | 而感到痛苦 |
[18:43] | Josh? I’m just starving right now. | 喬希 我有點餓 |
[18:49] | What are you doing? | 你在做什麼 |
[18:50] | Nothing | 沒什麼 |
[18:52] | You were supposed to be unpacking | 你應該是在拆包的 |
[18:54] | I’m totally unpacking do you want to order some food? | 我這是在拆包啊 要點東西吃嗎 |
[19:14] | Tom, you think about what size | 湯姆 你要我送你爸媽禮物 |
[19:16] | You want me to send to your parents? | 是要多大的 |
[19:18] | What the fuck are these still doing here? | 他們在這幹些什麼 |
[19:20] | Hey, what are these doing here? | 嘿 大家幹什麼呢 |
[19:22] | Come on, come on, get them up? big ones, little ones, | 動起來 大傢伙 小傢伙 |
[19:25] | Let’s go, they don’t do much good sitting here! | 動起來 乾坐著可沒什麼好處 |
[19:27] | Hey tom, Charlie Corwin? | 嘿 湯姆 查理·科溫 |
[19:29] | Livemusicchannel com? fuck that guy | 現場音樂頻道網絡公司 該死鬼人 |
[19:33] | So what? a little one? | 那又怎樣 小公司 |
[19:35] | No, he’s through, he’s finished | 不 它沒事了 |
[19:37] | Fuck him, don’t give him shit | 別管它 |
[19:40] | You know what? give him a little one, what the fuck | 給他一小塊 |
[19:52] | Dylan nice koosh | 迪倫 |
[19:54] | We got problems, tom | 我們有麻煩了 湯姆 |
[19:58] | Josh is on his way | 喬希在來的路上 |
[20:02] | Oh, this is important | 這很重要 |
[20:03] | Well, let’s get started without him | 我們就這樣開始吧 |
[20:07] | Josh. so what’s all the excitement? | 喬希 發生什麼事情 |
[20:14] | Snowmark shit the bed | 斯努馬克反悔了 |
[20:17] | They haven’t filed yet, but word is out | 還未簽字 但話已經說出口 |
[20:21] | And unisol pulled their offer | 尤尼索公司撤銷了報價 |
[20:45] | So where does that put us? | 那我們現在什麼處境 |
[20:48] | The nasdaq went down 87 points at opening, | 納斯達克一開市就降了87點 |
[20:50] | And we’re doing worse we’re below a dollar | 更糟的是 現在我們經跌到一美元一下了 |
[21:03] | Josh! | 喬希 |
[21:06] | So what are our options? | 我們還有什麼選擇 |
[21:08] | Cutbacks but then there’s the whole perception thing. | 減少投資 但這只能憑直覺 |
[21:11] | Rumors the sniping the downward spiral could sink us. | 針對我們的謠言和不多下滑的股價會擠垮我們的 |
[21:16] | So we’re probably looking at another round of financing | 因此我們很可能需要新一輪的集資 |
[21:21] | We got an offer from Barton Ogilvy. | 我們從巴頓·奧美那裡募集到一筆資金 |
[21:28] | What’s the catch? | 有什麼內幕麼 |
[21:29] | Second-round financing is not easy | 第二輪融資可不容易 |
[21:32] | They’ll pay market value but they’re gonna want a big piece | 他們會出市場價 但是會分很大一杯羹 |
[21:35] | How much do I have to give up? | 我必須放棄多少 |
[21:44] | Percentage, Dylan | 多少 迪倫 |
[21:48] | What percentage are we gonna have to give up? | 我們究竟得放棄百分之幾 |
[21:50] | Like fifty | 大約50% |
[21:58] | So josh and i, we start this company, | 喬希和我 我們創立了這家公司 |
[22:00] | No, we invent this company, | 不 應該說我們發明了這家公司 |
[22:02] | We bring you two in, we give you contracts | 我們把你們兩個招進來 還簽了合同 |
[22:04] | Which we don’t even have | 甚至是我們沒有的合同 |
[22:05] | Now you want to let some moneybag fuck us up the ass? | 現在你們卻想讓那幫財閥這樣搞垮我們 |
[22:08] | A better time to do this might have been | 做這件事最好的時機應該是 |
[22:10] | Four months ago Dyl. before july! | 四個月之前 迪倫 也就是在七月份以前 |
[22:12] | Things have changed | 現在情況已經變了 |
[22:14] | So we lose half our company. | 也就是說我們已經失去了半個公司 |
[22:18] | We get greeked up the ass by barton-fucking-ogilvy? | 我們就這樣任巴頓·奧美宰割? |
[22:22] | This is no time to be proud, Tom | 沒時間驕傲 湯姆 |
[22:24] | That’s not the play that’s not the way we’re gonna do it | 不 我們會有辦法的 |
[22:29] | I’ll cash-hold the company myself. | 我要自己掌管公司財務 |
[22:31] | You’re leveraged to the hilt. | 你完全是在負債經營 |
[22:34] | I’ll find the fucking money | 我會籌到錢的 |
[22:35] | You’re broke, tom | 你已經身無分文了 湯姆 |
[22:37] | Get the fuck out of my office, Dyl! | 給我滾出去 迪倫 |
[23:19] | I just want to talk, | 我只是想說說話 |
[23:21] | You know, some place away from the office | 在一個遠離辦公室的地方 |
[23:23] | Yeah | 嗯 |
[23:26] | Can I get the next ball? | 下一個球我來行嗎 |
[23:27] | Take the left flipper, come on | 你來控制左邊的擋板 |
[23:35] | There’s some shit’s been going down, | 最近真是倒霉 |
[23:37] | It’s complicated but I’ve been thinking about your future | 這很複雜 但是 我在擔心你的將來 |
[23:40] | Oh, how nice for me | 你太好了 |
[23:42] | You’ve always been smarter than me | 你總是比我聰明 |
[23:44] | That’s not what’s at issue here | 這不是現在的問題 |
[23:46] | “at issue?” are we at a court of law? | 什麼問題 我們要打官司麼 |
[23:49] | Why are you telling me this? | 你為什麼告訴我這些 |
[23:52] | I want to let you in on this | 我想讓你加入進來 |
[23:53] | It’s an opportunity, it’s, not a landshark thing, | 這是個機會 可不是什麼騙局 |
[23:57] | It’s a brothers thing, a tom and josh thing | 這是我們兄弟之間的事 你和我 |
[24:00] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我幹什麼 |
[24:03] | You’ve always been smarter than me | 你總是比我聰明 |
[24:04] | The squirrel and the whatever, you, | 不管哪方面 |
[24:06] | You always were prudent who saved… | 你總是很精明 |
[24:08] | Tom, what do you want? | 湯姆 你究竟想要什麼 |
[24:10] | Just some working capital | 只是一些周轉基金 |
[24:12] | How much “just some working capital?” | 一些周轉基金是多少 |
[24:14] | Enough to get us through the lockup, | 足夠讓我們度過這段鎖定期 |
[24:16] | To get us to the other side | 進入安全期 |
[24:21] | You want me to put myself on the hook personally? | 你想讓我一個人去當替罪羊 |
[24:41] | Josh! | 喬希 |
[24:42] | When you said thinking about your future, | 當你說你在考慮你的將來 |
[24:45] | I should’ve known when tom says “thinking about your future” | 我就該想到 當湯姆說他在’考慮你的將來’時 |
[24:48] | That means “what can I screw you out of today?” | 就是在說’我該怎麼把你拖下水’ |
[24:51] | Yeah | 好吧 |
[24:53] | You got me all wrong, man | 你完全弄錯我的意思了 |
[24:55] | Oh, yeah, I don’t think so | 我可不這麼認為 |
[24:59] | Know what? you’re a great designer, man | 你是個偉大的設計師 |
[25:02] | But this is business, this is money | 但這是生意 是錢的問題 |
[25:05] | You remember, when it was just me and you | 記得嗎 當初只有我和你 |
[25:07] | And we were moving into our first place? | 我們的公司剛成立 |
[25:09] | Why do you always bring this up? | 你為什麼老是提這些 |
[25:11] | And I said we were gonna need 15 phone lines? | 那時候我說我們會需要15條電話線 |
[25:13] | And you laughed and you went down to n yn ex | 你笑了 去電話公司 |
[25:15] | And they said it was gonna cost 110 dollars a line | 他們說每條電話線需要110美元 |
[25:18] | Plus deposit, plus it was gonna take five weeks? | 外加保證金 還要等5個星期 |
[25:21] | Please, why do you always tell this story? | 你為什麼說這些 |
[25:23] | And you were gonna pay it! | 因為你要付錢 |
[25:25] | I went down there and they installed them the next day and for free! | 後來我去了那兒 他們第二天給我們免費裝了電話線 |
[25:29] | I know money, man! and maybe the nas d aq is up, | 我瞭解錢 哥們 也許納斯達克會漲 |
[25:32] | Maybe the nas d aq is down, | 也會跌 |
[25:34] | But if we could just make it from here to there, | 但我們只要把錢運用得當 |
[25:36] | If we could just make it through this lockup, these next few weeks, | 我們就會度過這個封鎖期 就在接下來幾周 |
[25:40] | There’s a fucking pile of money, man just waiting for us | 大筆的錢正等著我們去賺 |
[25:44] | A mountain of it and we’re gonna eat it | 我們會賺的盆滿缽滿的 |
[25:51] | When we’re around everybody else, I got a front | 在別人面前我會裝 |
[25:54] | But with you, I can tell you when I’m in trouble | 但在你面前 我老實告訴你我現在有麻煩 |
[25:57] | We’re in trouble, and you gotta believe me | 我們真的有麻煩 你必須相信 |
[25:59] | When I say that we’re in trouble | 我們真的陷入困境了 |
[26:01] | Now we can make it through this but… | 現在我們有辦法渡過難關 |
[26:05] | I need your help | 但是我需要你的幫助 |
[26:11] | You gotta trust me | 你必須相信我 |
[26:24] | Oh, okay I mean… | 好吧 我是說 |
[26:29] | You know what? just because I’m smart | 就因為我聰明 |
[26:31] | Doesn’t mean I’m stupid, tom | 並不代表我很笨 湯姆 |
[27:13] | Hold on! | 等等 |
[27:24] | Is there anything I can do? | 有什麼要幫忙麼 |
[27:26] | It’s all done | 都做完了 |
[27:28] | I’ll open the wine | 我來開酒 |
[27:30] | There’s wine open already | 有一瓶已經開了的 |
[27:33] | This is a great bottle you’ll like it | 這瓶酒很好 你會喜歡的 |
[27:35] | It’s a batard-montrachet grand oru, 1998 | 這是瓶1998年的法國特級葡萄酒 |
[27:38] | Am I supposed to be impressed? | 我該感到驚訝麼 |
[27:40] | It’s really good, dad | 這真的很好 爸爸 |
[27:42] | Perhaps you could save it for a special occasion. | 也許你該留著到特別的日子再喝 |
[27:50] | And so they asked me to speak at e-symposium which is | 他們叫我在電子博覽會上講話 |
[27:53] | Quite an honor because it’s considered the most important | 這是無上的榮譽 因為這次會議被認為是北美地區 |
[27:56] | North american conference on new technology. | 最重要的新科技研討會 |
[27:58] | What do you actually do Tom? | 你究竟是做什麼的 湯姆 |
[28:02] | Excuse me? | 什麼意思 |
[28:03] | You, Landshark, what do you do? | 你 蘭德沙克公司 究竟是做什麼的 |
[28:07] | David! | 大衛 |
[28:08] | I’m serious. I was there last friday. | 我是認真的 上週五我就在那兒 |
[28:10] | Where was i? | 我在哪兒 |
[28:11] | How would I know where was i? | 我怎麼知道我在哪兒 |
[28:13] | I dropped something off for Joshua and… | 我給約書亞送些東西 |
[28:16] | You know what I saw? you know what I saw? | 你知道我看見什麼了 |
[28:20] | Oreos you know me, Tom, I see it, I say it | 你瞭解我的 湯姆 我一向有一說一 |
[28:25] | What I saw was a whole bunch of kids, | 我看見的就是一大群孩子 |
[28:28] | Bright young kids, they’re all just sitting around | 聰明的小孩們 他們坐在那裡 |
[28:32] | When they got tired of sitting | 坐得都累了 |
[28:34] | Which was more often than not | 坐得不累都不行 |
[28:36] | They’d get up, go to the kitchen and eat some oreos | 他們會站起來 去廚房吃些奧利奧 |
[28:39] | Then they’d go back to their desk a cute little desk from I kea. | 然後又回到他們的桌子前 |
[28:44] | Am I correct? and they’d play solitaire on their computers | 我說的對嗎 他們在電腦上玩紙牌 |
[28:49] | Now you correct me if I’m wrong | 我要是說錯了你可以糾正我 |
[28:52] | It’s a long day I give you that. | 我在那看了你一整天 |
[28:54] | Ten in the morning till ten at night, | 從上午10點到晚上10點 |
[28:57] | Seven days a week, but… | 每週7天 但是 |
[29:02] | Why the hell would somebody give you a million dollars | 怎麼會有人給你一百萬美元 |
[29:05] | Just to watch you sit around and eat some oreos? | 僅僅看你坐在那裡吃奧利奧 |
[29:10] | Dad, add some zeroes | 爸爸 再加幾個零 |
[29:12] | Add two zeroes and that’s what we’re talking about | 實際上還得再加兩個零才是我們正在談論的事情 |
[29:17] | Just because you take your failure and call it success | 不能因為你把你的失敗看做成功 |
[29:19] | Doesn’t mean you can take my success and call it failure | 就把我的成功看做失敗 |
[29:21] | Tom! | 湯姆 |
[29:23] | I’m not finished yet | 我還沒說完 |
[29:25] | Tom I do not like where this is going! | 湯姆我不喜歡你們這麼說話 |
[29:27] | I was saying something and I wasn’t finished | 我在說話 而且還沒說完 |
[29:29] | Do you want to hear what I have to say? | 想知道我今天一定要說什麼 |
[29:31] | Do you want to fucking hear what I have to say? | 你他媽真的想聽麼 |
[29:34] | He just does not get it! | 他還是不明白 |
[29:37] | What did you want? you wanted to change the world! | 你想幹嘛 改變世界 |
[29:40] | Stop the war! poetry must be made by all! right? | 阻止戰爭 人人都去寫詩 |
[29:43] | I’ve seen the bookshelves! | 我見過那些書架 |
[29:45] | I grew up with them! cinderblocks and five copies of soul on ice | 我跟它們一起長大 煤渣塊和5本冰上心靈 |
[29:50] | You wanted to change the world, and what did you settle for? tenure? | 你想改變世界 但結果呢 你還有多少時間 |
[29:53] | You wanted to change the world? | 你想改變世界 |
[29:55] | Well we’re changing it. tiananmen square? that was the fax machine. | 好吧我們正在改變它 天安門廣場? 那只是台傳真機 |
[29:59] | Think what we’ll have now that we have the web | 我們現在已經有網絡了 |
[30:01] | Your guy, what’s his name? | 你的人 他叫什麼名字 |
[30:03] | The guy you did the seminar on? | 你在研討會上看見的那人 |
[30:04] | Mcluhan? global village right? | 是麥克魯漢麼 地球村? |
[30:06] | Well, we’re out there making it every day | 我們每天都在為此努力 |
[30:08] | While you puff up, all smug and proud and self-satisfied! | 而你卻整天在自我滿足 |
[30:13] | And then it’s like go tell the maid to go dust the Goddard posters | 這就像讓處女受到玷污讓戈達德去當腳夫 |
[30:16] | I’m leaving now | 我要走了 |
[30:17] | No mom, I’m leaving | 不 媽媽 我要走了 |
[31:17] | You look, um, | 你看起來 |
[31:21] | Vaguely familiar, have we met before? | 似曾相識 我們以前見過麼 |
[31:25] | I don’t think so | 我想沒有 |
[31:39] | Don’t, Tom | 別 湯姆 |
[31:43] | I’ve gotta work | 我有工作 |
[31:45] | When do you get out of here? | 你什麼時候走 |
[31:48] | You mind if I wait? | 我等你怎麼樣 |
[31:50] | It’s a free country. | 這是你的自由 |
[31:55] | Maybe we can get a bit to eat when you’re finished | 等你下班了也許我們可以去吃點什麼 |
[31:58] | I’m broke | 我是窮人 |
[32:07] | I’ll take a number five and a number eight | 我要一個5號和一個8號 |
[32:10] | And he’ll have… | 他要… |
[32:12] | Let me take you someplace nice | 讓我帶你去個好地方 |
[32:14] | A number 11 wasn’t that the one you used to get? | 11號不是你以前總要的11號了 |
[32:16] | The Babaganush, right? | babaganush對嗎 |
[32:19] | Just this once | 就這一次 |
[32:21] | Yeah, he’ll take number 11 and two ookes, please | 對 他要份11號 再加兩份可樂 |
[32:24] | Thank you | 謝謝 |
[32:28] | So, how are you? how have you been? | 你還好麼 最近在幹什麼 |
[32:32] | Good, yeah everything’s good | 一切都很好最近 |
[32:34] | Um, work is good landshark is doing great, so… | 這麼說工作一切順利 |
[32:38] | Work great, how’s everything else? | 很好 其它方面呢 |
[32:42] | Is there something else? | 還有什麼方面 |
[32:45] | How are your parents? | 你父母怎樣 |
[32:50] | How about you? how was barcelona? | 你怎麼樣 巴塞羅那如何 |
[32:51] | Oh, it… it was amazing Incredible I mean, | 哦 那裡太棒了 |
[32:56] | The people and the culture, the architecture, it was just… fantastic | 那裡的人啊文化啊建築啊簡直無與倫比 |
[33:01] | And the program was really great, too | 那個項目也很棒 |
[33:04] | And I got to stay on to the end of July as an apprentice | 我得當學徒當到7月底 |
[33:06] | Sarrah, what happened with us? | 莎拉 我們怎麼了 |
[33:08] | Oome on, tom don’t | 湯姆 別這麼說 |
[33:12] | I was, um, working for this firm that was designing | 我工作的公司 |
[33:15] | Like this massive public housing project | 是專門進行裝潢設計的 |
[33:17] | But with these really beautiful structures, | 但是除了那些美麗的結構 |
[33:23] | And they were incorporating all of these sustainable design concepts… | 他們還整合了所有可持續的設計理念 |
[33:28] | Stop it, tom | 停下 湯姆 |
[33:30] | Stop what? | 停下什麼 |
[33:31] | You’re doing that thing | 你在做那事 |
[33:33] | What thing? | 什麼事 |
[33:34] | You know what you’re doing | 你知道你在做什麼 |
[33:56] | So, thank you for dinner | 謝謝你的晚餐 |
[33:59] | It was, um, | 那個 |
[34:03] | It’s good to see you | 很高興見到你 |
[34:04] | It’s good to see you too | 我也是 |
[34:25] | I missed you | 我想你 |
[34:30] | Tom | 湯姆 |
[34:33] | Sarrah | 莎拉 |
[34:40] | Sarrah | 莎拉 |
[34:47] | What is this? | 這是什麼 |
[34:51] | It’s nice to see you, thank you for a lovely evening? | 見到你真的很高興 今晚我過得很愉快 |
[34:54] | Is that really what this is? | 這就是你想說的麼 |
[34:55] | I can’t | 我不能 |
[35:00] | Okay | 好吧 |
[35:01] | It’s just that… | 我只是 |
[35:03] | It’s okay I get it | 好吧我懂了 |
[35:09] | I’m okay | 我很好 |
[35:40] | Hey man | 嘿哥們 |
[35:42] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[36:03] | What’s up? | 怎麼了 |
[36:07] | Whatchall looking at? | 你在看什麼 |
[36:10] | What’s so funny? | 什麼這麼好笑 |
[36:12] | We’re studying our screen saver | 我們正在研究這個屏保 |
[36:14] | It’s really interesting | 太有趣了 |
[36:16] | I like the logo | 我喜歡那個標誌 |
[36:17] | Oh yeah yeah, fuck y’all | 去你們的 |
[36:21] | Fuck oompany? you guys are wasting your time on fuck oompany? | 操公司 你們浪費時間在看 操公司 |
[36:26] | You’re wasting your company time… | 你們在浪費上班時間 |
[36:28] | They have this countdown | 他們做了個倒計時牌 |
[36:30] | Our capitalization, our outflows burn rate | 我們的資本 我們的現金流消耗率 |
[36:34] | How many days till it all runs out | 距它結束還剩下多少時間 |
[36:37] | Yeah? what do they say? | 他們怎麼說 |
[36:40] | Three weeks | 3個星期 |
[36:43] | Fuck that noise come on, get back to work | 別去管他們 回去工作 |
[36:46] | Get back to work, come on, come on, come on! | 快點回去工作 |
[37:25] | Car’s here Tom. | 車來了 湯姆 |
[37:27] | Car? | 車 |
[37:28] | Car to the center car as in town car | 去中心的班車 |
[37:33] | He forgot I betcha he forgot | 他忘了 我打賭他忘了 |
[37:35] | Forgot what? | 忘了什麼 |
[37:36] | The e-symposium? | 電子博覽會 |
[37:39] | That’s next week | 那是下個星期 |
[37:41] | This is next week | 這就是下個星期 |
[37:44] | And I’m gonna assume, Tom, | 我猜想 湯姆 |
[37:46] | That the reason you look like shit | 你看起來這麼糟糕的原因 |
[37:48] | Is because you were up all night working on your speech | 是因為你整晚上都在準備你的演講 |
[37:52] | Come on | 來吧 |
[38:25] | In 1997 Landshark | 在1997年 蘭德沙克公司 |
[38:27] | Was two brothers and a dirty old office down in the bowery. | 還只是在包厘街一間骯髒的工作間裡的兩兄弟 |
[38:30] | Today hundreds of employees in eight cities… | 而今它已在八個城市擁有數百名員工 |
[38:33] | Don’t forget to mention me | 別忘了提及我 |
[38:36] | Us you won’t fuck ’em now, will you? | 是我們 你會狠狠駁斥他們吧 |
[38:40] | Now they’re stock’s a little bit down | 現在他們遇到了小小的麻煩 |
[38:44] | But they’re not. while other companies are laying people off | 雖然其他公司都在裁員 但他們不會 |
[38:47] | They’re actually hiring. you know the man I’m about to introduce. | 他們甚至還在招人 接下來我要有請 |
[38:51] | Mr. tom sterling. | 湯姆·斯特林先生 |
[39:01] | Yeah, tom, go get them! | 湯姆秀給他們看 |
[39:07] | Thank you, Jason I mean it | 謝謝 詹森我是說真的 |
[39:10] | Really | 真的 |
[39:14] | It’s great to be here | 很榮幸來到這裡 |
[39:16] | We get invited to these things all the time but we never go | 我們經常應邀參加各種會議 |
[39:21] | But… this one is special | 但從未參加過這麼特別的會議 |
[39:26] | Because of you because of jason | 因為你們 因為詹森 |
[39:30] | Because of the free shrimp | 因為免費龍蝦 |
[39:33] | Shrimp pigs in a blanket | 肥美的龍蝦 |
[39:36] | Those tiny little caviar things on little crackers | 那些小薄餅上的魚子醬 |
[39:42] | But you didn’t come to hear me talk about snacks | 但你們不是來聽我講甜點的 |
[39:44] | You came because… | 你們來是因為 |
[39:48] | We are at the forefront of a revolution | 我們站在革命的前沿 |
[39:53] | A revolution in technology but also a revolution… | 一次技術的革命還是一次… |
[40:10] | You probably know what I was gonna say, | 也許你知道我會說什麼 |
[40:12] | So fuck that shit. what I mean is | 所以讓那些見鬼去吧 我是說 |
[40:15] | If I say what you already know what I’m gonna say | 如果我說你已經知道我要說什麼 |
[40:18] | Then it’s like the hamster scurries and scurries and the wheel spins and, | 這就像是在籠子裡跑的倉鼠 倉鼠在跑 輪子在轉 |
[40:23] | At the end of the day, we’re all still in the cage, right? | 無論跑多久還是跑不出籠子 |
[40:26] | So, | 因此 |
[40:28] | Instead of that prepared shit, | 我決定不去讀準備好的東西 |
[40:32] | I’m just gonna tell you what’s in my heart | 我想告訴你們我的心聲 |
[40:37] | You know what the problem is with the… | 現在的問題是 |
[40:41] | With, I don’t even know what to call it, with “our thing?” | 我不知該如何稱呼 我們的東西 |
[40:45] | The problem is, w-what are we doing? | 問題是 我們在做什麼 |
[40:49] | Are we making the world a less sucky place? | 我們在讓世界變得更好麼 |
[40:52] | Or more sucky? how are we everyday impacting the suckage? | 還是變得更糟 我們是怎麼影響世界的 |
[40:56] | My mom and dad were right. | 我的父母是對的 |
[40:58] | It pains me to say it but they were right when they said | 說出來很艱難 但不得不承認他們說得對 |
[41:00] | That those who make half a revolution only dig their own grave | 那些半途而廢的人等於在自掘墳墓 |
[41:05] | Is that what we’re making here? half a revolution? | 這難道就是我們所做的 半途而廢 |
[41:08] | What the net is supposed to do | 網絡所應起到的功能 |
[41:10] | What new broadband is supposed to do | 以及新寬帶所應起到的功能 |
[41:12] | What digital whatever is supposed to do is increase freedom! | 數碼時代就是應該帶給我們更多自由 |
[41:16] | Is increase choice! | 更多選擇 |
[41:19] | But what are we offering in the way of choice? | 但我們還能提供什麼樣的選擇 |
[41:22] | Ao l or earthlink? gates or ellison? | 美國在線還是連線 微軟還是甲骨文? |
[41:25] | Miller light or coors? | 米勒清啤還是銀子彈? |
[41:28] | Gore or bush? b 2b or not b 2b? | 戈爾還是布什 還要不要電子商務? |
[41:32] | We make money tons of it | 我們創造了大量的財富 |
[41:35] | We help big greedy advertising agencies | 我們幫貪婪無比的廣告公司 |
[41:38] | Sell the useless products of massive morally corrupt | 出售那些由不知道德為何物的跨國公司生產的 |
[41:43] | Multinational corporations | 垃圾產品 |
[41:46] | We advise them on how to aggregate eyeballs, | 我們為他們出謀劃策以吸引公眾眼球 |
[41:51] | Have you ever seen the beginning of chien andalou? | 你們還記得電影安達魯狗的開頭嗎 |
[41:54] | You know, with the eyeball and the straight razor? | 你們應該知道 眼球和剃刀那段 |
[41:57] | Oause pretty much that’s what we do | 因為我們所做的就像那樣 |
[42:00] | Fuck you Tom. | 去你媽的 湯姆 |
[42:01] | Okay, okay, fuck me fuck me | 很好 繼續罵 |
[42:04] | But what I’m telling you is the truth, and you know it | 但我說的都是真的 你們也清楚這一點 |
[42:07] | Click-through is over. | 靠點擊賺錢已經結束了 |
[42:10] | Cross platform is over. “i” whatever is over. | 靠網絡平台賺錢結束了 網絡也玩完了 |
[42:13] | Disintermediation is way over. | 投資熱潮更是一去不復返了 |
[42:15] | The start-up is over, branding is over, | 所謂的興起其實已經結束 品牌效應玩完了 |
[42:19] | Convergence is so over! | 收斂效應更是玩完了 |
[42:22] | Dot-com and everything it stands for… over! | 各種網站都像征著…結束 |
[42:27] | So what’s left? | 那還剩下些什麼 |
[42:30] | What’s left is what we do | 剩下的就是我們現在所做的 |
[42:34] | What’s left is those people | 剩下的就是那些 |
[42:36] | Who are very very good at what we do | 十分擅長我們這一行的人 |
[42:41] | You all know people, they’re in your shop, | 你們應該都瞭解 他們就在你們的公司店舖 |
[42:44] | Who are amazing designers | 他們是出色的設計師 |
[42:47] | Writers in a language that’s being invented before our eyes | 他們的才能是超越時代的 |
[42:50] | I grew up with one my brother Joshua | 我與這樣的人一起長大 我的哥哥約書亞 |
[42:56] | Now, I can charm a vc | 現在 我被稱為風險資本家 |
[43:01] | Well, on a good day I can charm a vo | 經濟形勢大好時 我可以算是風險資本家 |
[43:04] | But Joshua… | 但約書亞 |
[43:04] | Joshua can imagine. | 約書亞有豐富的想像 |
[43:08] | Joshua can make something where yesterday there was nothing. | 他可以憑空創造出奇跡 |
[43:13] | And that makes all the difference doesn’t it? | 這是十分了不起的 不是嗎 |
[43:19] | Thank you | 謝謝 |
[43:21] | Thank you and enjoy your lunch | 謝謝 午餐愉快 |
[43:30] | Tom rules! | 湯姆真牛 |
[43:43] | Tom | 湯姆 |
[43:47] | Tom, I’ve got to take off | 湯姆 我得走了 |
[43:48] | Have a drink with me first j ust one | 先和我喝一杯 就一杯 |
[43:51] | Oh yeah, I can’t Morela called… | 對了 不行 莫羅拉剛來電話… |
[43:54] | Is everything okay? | 一切還好嗎 |
[43:56] | Yeah, yeah, yeah Jacob’s having a tough time, | 很好 雅各布今天有些難受 |
[44:00] | He’s still colicky, he’s… | 他還是肚子疼 他… |
[44:02] | What did you think of the speech? | 你覺得我的演講如何 |
[44:04] | It was good | 不錯 |
[44:06] | It was good it was nice, thanks | 挺好挺棒的 謝謝 |
[44:11] | Tom | 湯姆 |
[44:16] | You really pulled one out, tom | 你確實恢復過來了 湯姆 |
[44:18] | I was a little worried there for a moment but, you pulled it out | 我曾為你擔心過一陣 但你挺過來了 |
[44:21] | I was thinking maybe we could just do something quiet, | 我曾想或許我們可以做些安靜的事 |
[44:24] | Um, like, maybe I could cook dinner, | 比如 我來準備晚餐 |
[44:28] | Just hang out and talk, you know | 然後只是在一起聊天 你應該明白 |
[44:33] | Cause I had a really good time seeing you the other night | 因為那晚見到你我真的很開心 |
[44:39] | So just gimme a call back when you get this, okay? | 那聽到後給我回電話吧 好嗎 |
[45:45] | Hey | 你好 |
[45:46] | Hey yourself | 你也好 |
[45:55] | Holy shit! you did it! | 天啊 你照做了 |
[46:01] | Of course I did it. | 我當然照做了 |
[46:03] | I didn’t think you would | 我沒想到你會 |
[46:05] | What do you mean? | 你想說什麼 |
[46:06] | I don’t know, I just, um, | 我不知道 我只是 |
[46:09] | I just thought you were humoring me | 我原以為你是逗我玩的 |
[46:11] | Are you kidding me? | 你在開玩笑嗎 |
[46:14] | I love it! | 我喜歡這樣 |
[46:17] | I sure wish you were here when they were working at it | 我真希望他們裝修的時候你能在這 |
[46:19] | Because the contractor screwed me. | 因為那個裝修商偷工減料 |
[46:21] | I have pictures | 我還有效果圖 |
[46:24] | You were totally right about opening this up | 你說空間要開闊些一點沒錯 |
[46:28] | Lets in the light | 這樣光線很好 |
[46:35] | So do you like it? | 你喜歡嗎 |
[46:37] | It’s the first thing that I designed | 那是我設計的第一個作品 |
[46:39] | That’s actually been, you know, realized | 而且最終變為了現實 |
[46:49] | That’s the, um… do you want some wine? | 那是… 想來點酒嗎 |
[46:59] | I made a rabbit. you aren’t still a vegetarian are you? | 我做了野兔 你不會還是只吃素吧 |
[47:04] | Just kidding I made a sea bass. | 開玩笑的 我做了海鱸魚 |
[47:07] | You still eat fish right? | 你還愛吃魚吧 |
[47:09] | Seems a little hypocritical though | 雖然好像有些偽善 |
[47:11] | This one looked cute and furry so I’m not gonna eat this one. | 但這只看來很漂亮所以我不打算吃它了 |
[47:15] | I’ll make a little exception for that one | 就給它一個特例吧 |
[47:18] | I mean, fish have feelings too, right? | 我意思是 魚也是有感情的動物 是吧 |
[47:20] | So can you explain the logic to me in that because | 那麼你能否解釋一下我這種邏輯 因為 |
[47:23] | I just don’t understand. | 我不太明白 |
[47:26] | I’m sorry, were you actually saying something? | 抱歉 你剛才在說話嗎 |
[47:29] | I was saying you liked the rabbit, remember? | 我在說你喜歡野兔 記得嗎 |
[47:32] | Fuck off | 去你的 |
[47:34] | You remember the time with Mo and my brother? | 你記得和莫還有我哥哥在一起的時候嗎 |
[47:37] | Yes, I do you were a dick | 當然了 你當時真是個混球 |
[47:39] | Wait how is it my fault? | 打住 那關我什麼事 |
[47:40] | Because you could’ve told me | 因為你可以告訴我的 |
[47:43] | You just gobbled that shit right up! | 你一拿來就在那狼吞虎嚥了 |
[47:45] | I though it was tofu! I had no idea it was… | 我當時以為那是豆腐 我不知道那是… |
[47:48] | A cute little bunny rabbit? | 一隻可愛的小兔子? |
[47:49] | You were like, “damn, this is some tasty tofu” | 你當時的表情就像在說 這種豆腐真好吃 |
[47:55] | Hypocrite. | 偽君子 |
[47:56] | Prick | 混球 |
[48:09] | What else is new? | 那還有些什麼我不知道的 |
[48:15] | Just work stuff, really | 就剩工作上的事了 真的 |
[48:16] | Just dealing with landshark | 處理公司的一些事情 |
[48:18] | That’s going well? | 還順利嗎 |
[48:20] | Are you happy? | 你開心嗎 |
[48:22] | Yeah, of course, I mean… | 是的 當然 我是說… |
[48:26] | It must be nice to get to work with josh, right? | 和喬希一起工作肯定很棒吧 |
[48:30] | And everything seems like it’s going really well | 一切看起來都很順利 |
[48:41] | Do you know, last spring, I was… | 你知道嗎 去年春天 我… |
[48:44] | I was on a train to madrid | 我坐火車去馬德里 |
[48:46] | And someone left a magazine on the seat | 有人把一本雜誌落座位上了 |
[48:49] | And I looked over, and there was your face on the cover | 我看了下 封面就是你的照片 |
[48:52] | Wired? I hated that picture | 連線雜誌? 我討厭那張照片 |
[48:53] | I looked like a total douche bag | 我看起來就像個沖洗袋 |
[48:55] | Yeah, you did you were doing your picture face, | 那是你照相的標準表情 |
[48:59] | With your lips all pouty you looked totally gay | 撅著嘴唇完全像個同性戀 |
[49:04] | The point is, the article, | 問題是 那篇文章 |
[49:05] | I mean, holy shit | 我是說 太棒了 |
[49:08] | You did it | 你做到了 |
[49:11] | All those conversations that we had, | 所有我們以前聊天談到的 |
[49:13] | And I remember you saying that there’s no second-best | 我記得你說過沒有第二好 |
[49:15] | In what you and josh were planning | 當時你和喬希還在策劃中 |
[49:18] | No second-best? I never said that | 沒有第二好? 我從沒這麼說過 |
[49:20] | that’s the cheesiest thing i’ve never heard | 那是我聽過最俗不可耐的話了 |
[49:23] | I would never say anything that cheesy | 我從不說這種話的 |
[49:25] | That is exactly what you said, | 你當時就是這麼說的 |
[49:27] | And you’d totally say something that cheesy | 你就是喜歡說這種俗不可耐的話 |
[49:29] | But that’s what I love about you. | 但我就是喜歡你這一點 |
[49:32] | You’re always with the absolutes. | 你總是這麼不容置疑 |
[49:40] | You did it Tom. I’m really happy for you. | 你做到了 湯姆 我真的為你高興 |
[49:42] | So come on tell me | 來吧 和我說說 |
[49:45] | Tell me how it feels | 到底是什麼感受 |
[49:48] | It’s not what you think it is, believe me | 那決不像你想的那樣 相信我 |
[49:53] | Well, tell me what it is then | 那說來聽聽到底什麼樣 |
[50:09] | Things have changed since that article was written | 那篇文章出來之後很多事情都變了 |
[50:11] | Five months ago, when that was written, | 5個月前 那篇文章剛見報 |
[50:18] | Josh and I were, uh… | 我和喬希 |
[50:25] | On march 14th, our combined net worth hit 387 million dollars | 3月14號 我們的聯合淨資產已達3.87億美元 |
[50:28] | But now, we’re, uh, | 但現在 我們 |
[50:30] | Worth about one one-hundredth of that | 只有當時的百分之十一 |
[50:34] | And landshark has burnt their 95 million dollars in seed money | 而蘭德沙克公司又用掉了起始資金中的9500萬美元 |
[50:41] | And made virtually… no revenue to speak of, so… | 所以實際上 已經沒有什麼收益可言了 |
[50:47] | Basically, we’re fucked | 基本上 我們已經完蛋了 |
[50:52] | But hey, it was fun while it lasted | 不過那些日子還是很有意思的 |
[50:54] | But let’s not talk about landshark. | 但不要再談公司的事了 |
[50:56] | I’m sure everything’s gonna be fine. | 事情肯定會好起來的 |
[51:01] | What about you? what have you been working on? | 你怎麼樣 現在在忙些什麼 |
[51:07] | Oh, there’s, like, a house, that I designed | 有幢房子 是我設計的 |
[51:10] | It’s in a show and it’s opening tomorrow night | 設計方案入選了一個展覽 就在明晚 |
[51:12] | A house? | 一幢房子? |
[51:14] | Yeah, just like a little house | 是啊 就是一幢小屋 |
[51:16] | Sounds great, I love a little house | 聽起來很棒 我喜歡小屋 |
[51:19] | It’s from last year, it’s like drawings and a model | 從去年開始的 需要繪圖設計模型 |
[51:22] | But I think it came out really well, actually | 但我覺得挺不錯的 |
[51:23] | I wanna see it. | 我想看看 |
[51:25] | OK, Tomorrow night, five to seven, there’s a reception | 好啊 明晚6點55 有個招待酒會 |
[51:37] | Five o’clock I’ll be there | 5點我就會到的 |
[52:20] | I should go | 我該走了 |
[52:29] | Oh, fuck | 媽的 |
[52:33] | Barton ogilvy | 巴頓·奧美 |
[52:37] | Very… particular | 非常… 特別 |
[52:40] | I’m not in position to talk price | 我不負責談價格 |
[52:43] | My client would like to discuss it with mr. sterling directly. | 我的客戶通常和斯特林先生直接面談 |
[52:46] | But I can tell you that | 但我可以告訴你 |
[52:54] | they’re very interested in hearing your proposal. | 他們會對你們的提議很感興趣的 |
[52:57] | They can meet you tomorrow at nine am. | 他們可以明早9點和你們見面 |
[53:00] | Maybe you want to talk this over and get back to me, | 或許你們想要商議一下再來找我 |
[53:02] | Just call my office by lunchtime | 可以到午餐時候再打我辦公室 |
[53:07] | But as I said before | 但如我之前所說 |
[53:10] | If you’re not prepared to offer seats on the board… | 如果你們還未準備好讓我們入股 |
[53:16] | I just want to be clear on that so we’re all on the same page | 我希望能及早知道 這樣雙方信息同步 |
[53:20] | We’re not wasting anyone’s time | 就不會浪費任何人的時間 |
[53:26] | We’ll be there | 我們會去的 |
[53:49] | Tomorrow morning, 9 am, we’ll be there | 明早9點 我們一定到 |
[53:55] | Thank you | 謝謝 |
[54:01] | How we doing on that gulfstream, Dyl? | 灣流飛機談的如何了 迪倫 |
[54:17] | I’ll talk to him | 我會找他談的 |
[54:19] | I’ll talk to josh | 我會和喬希談 |
[54:21] | Hey, have you seen my brother? | 看到我哥哥了嗎 |
[54:44] | Have you checked the roof? | 去樓頂找過了嗎 |
[54:46] | No | 沒有 |
[54:51] | Hey, have you seen josh? | 看到喬希了嗎 |
[55:10] | Over there | 在那邊 |
[55:15] | Hey, josh | 喬希 |
[55:17] | Oh, hey, tom you just missed your brother | 湯姆你剛好和你哥哥錯過 |
[55:25] | Did you tell him I wanted to talk to him? | 你和他說我想找他談談了嗎 |
[55:29] | Yeah, I did | 是 我說了 |
[55:31] | Check that shit out. it’s like a big pita. | 看看這東西 就像個皮塔餅 |
[55:32] | It’s totally absurd though | 雖然很荒唐 |
[56:10] | Your house is the best one by far | 但你的房子是目前最好的作品了 |
[56:12] | It blows these other ones away. | 把其他的都比下去了 |
[56:17] | I didn’t miss it, did i? | 我沒有錯過吧 是不是 |
[56:21] | It’s five to seven I told you | 我和你說過是6點55 |
[56:23] | I’m just gonna hang out with my friends | 我要和我的朋友們出去了 |
[56:26] | Come on, don’t be mad | 來嘛 別生氣 |
[56:30] | I’m not it’s my fault | 我沒有 是我的錯 |
[56:34] | I just thought maybe you might have changed | 我本以為或許你會有所改變 |
[57:57] | I was hoping that… | 我本希望… |
[58:02] | Take care of yourself, tom okay? | 自己保重吧 湯姆 好嗎 |
[58:06] | Take care of yourself, tom okay? | 自己保重吧 湯姆 好嗎 |
[58:08] | He pees his pants that’s when I peed my pants too | 他一尿褲我也跟著尿褲了 |
[58:12] | How’s your brother? | 你弟弟怎麼樣了 |
[58:25] | Tom? um, well, he’s tom | 湯姆 我不是他 |
[58:27] | I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[58:29] | By special messenger | 送包裹的郵差帶來的 |
[58:38] | It weighs a ton | 重的不得了 |
[58:41] | It’s from tom, dad | 是湯姆送的 爸爸 |
[58:45] | Go ahead and open it up | 繼續 拆開看看 |
[58:48] | “from your friends at landshark | 你在蘭德沙克公司的朋友 |
[59:08] | Wishing you the gift of enlightenment.” | 願你的才華復甦 |
[59:10] | “the gift of enlightenment” | 才華復甦 |
[59:52] | Enlightenment hard to beat | 復甦 這可不容易 |
[59:54] | HI tom, how are you feeling? | 湯姆 感覺還好嗎 |
[59:57] | We’re just taking off, so… | 我們剛要走 所以… |
[1:00:00] | You know what, josh? why don’t you stay | 你知道嗎 喬希 不如你留下來 |
[1:00:02] | And I’ll take Jake | 我來帶傑克 |
[1:00:03] | No, I think we should go home | 不 我想我們該一起回家 |
[1:00:05] | No, really, um, help me to the cab | 不 真的 幫我帶到出租車上 |
[1:00:08] | Alright, everybody | 好了 各位 |
[1:00:10] | Okay, well, I guess I’ll be back | 好吧 我想我會回去的 |
[1:00:13] | Why don’t you come over for dinner? | 有空過來吃晚餐 |
[1:00:17] | Bye | 再見 |
[1:00:18] | I’ll get morela a cab | 我去給莫羅拉叫出租 |
[1:00:20] | Bye | 拜拜 |
[1:01:07] | I said some words | 我之前說了一些話 |
[1:01:10] | The last time I was here, I said some words | 上次在這的時候 我說了一些話 |
[1:01:13] | And I said them in anger… | 我當時說的有些沖… |
[1:01:18] | And sometimes… anger may not be the best way to say some things | 有時候… 那種情緒很不適合談話 |
[1:01:24] | I think, David, he’s apologizing to you | 我想 大衛 他是在和你道歉 |
[1:01:28] | I’d need my decoder ring to figure that one out | 我是不是得用什麼譯碼器才能聽出來啊 |
[1:01:30] | Cut him some slack | 別這麼苛刻了 |
[1:01:31] | You want the words? | 你們要我說那句話嗎 |
[1:01:33] | I’m sorry, I apologize, my bad | 對不起 我道歉 是我不對 |
[1:01:35] | Thank you, tom | 謝謝 湯姆 |
[1:01:39] | I know how hard that was for you. | 我知道這對你來說很不容易 |
[1:01:40] | And I just want to say that… | 我只是想說… |
[1:01:43] | It’s okay, mom, it’s okay it’s okay | 好了 媽媽 好了 |
[1:01:46] | Oh! I also want to say, “thank you” | 我還想說 謝謝 |
[1:01:50] | Thank you for the, um… | 謝謝你的… |
[1:01:51] | Orate! | 木箱 |
[1:01:54] | The crate and what was in it | 木箱還有裡面的東西 |
[1:01:57] | I’m glad you all liked it | 我很高興你們都喜歡 |
[1:02:00] | How big is it dad? | 那東西有多大 爸爸 |
[1:02:02] | There it is | 就在那 |
[1:02:04] | Is it this big? yay big? | 那東西有這麼大嗎 這麼大? |
[1:02:09] | Like… 18 inches? | 大概… 18英吋? |
[1:02:12] | Yeah, like a foot and a half | 是啊 差不多1英尺半 |
[1:02:15] | Okay, so not three feet | 好吧 那麼不是3英尺 |
[1:02:18] | Not three feet! | 不是3英尺 |
[1:02:20] | Where would we put a three-foot buddha? | 我們往哪放3英尺的佛像 |
[1:02:21] | Exactly | 沒錯 |
[1:02:23] | No, see, that’s not my point | 不 明白嗎 我不是說那個問題 |
[1:02:25] | That’s beside the fucking point! you see? | 那他媽的離題了 你明白嗎 |
[1:02:28] | The point is that tom doesn’t give presents, okay? | 問題是湯姆沒有送禮物 好吧 |
[1:02:32] | Everybody gives presents tom doesn’t ’cause it’s so crass, | 每個人都送來禮物但湯姆沒有 因為這太惡俗了 |
[1:02:36] | It’s so, uh, it’s so third quarter 99 | 這太 這太老套了 |
[1:02:39] | Right? so tom instead of giving presents | 對不對 所以湯姆根本不送禮物 |
[1:02:43] | To celebrate landshark, to celebrate coming out of lockup, | 來慶祝蘭德沙克公司 慶祝沒有關門大吉 |
[1:02:47] | He gives you… | 他送給你們… |
[1:02:48] | But of course tom being tom there’s gotta be an order | 當然了 湯姆是誰 他肯定會訂什麼東西來 |
[1:02:53] | You know a hierarchy of some sort because | 你們知道的 某種高層次的東西 因為 |
[1:02:55] | How do you know you’re in if there’s no out? right? | 沒有過時的東西你又怎會知道你很入時呢 對吧 |
[1:02:59] | So, a-list buddha, and b-list buddha | 所以 方案一送佛像 方案二送佛像 |
[1:03:06] | Am I right, tom? | 我說的沒錯吧 湯姆 |
[1:03:10] | Anyway who are you guys? | 不管怎麼說 你們是誰來著 |
[1:03:12] | Oh, just his mom, just his dad | 是他的父母 |
[1:03:15] | So, b-list | 所以 選方案二吧 |
[1:03:30] | I should go | 我該走了 |
[1:03:36] | Joshua, can I give you a lift? | 約書亞 要我搭你一程嗎 |
[1:03:39] | Oh, I’ll get a cab | 我叫出租 |
[1:03:43] | Come on, let’s take a walk | 得了 我們一塊走走吧 |
[1:03:50] | Come on, josh | 來吧 喬希 |
[1:04:13] | What do you want? | 你想怎樣 |
[1:04:15] | I don’t want anything | 我什麼都不想 |
[1:04:19] | Well, what are we doing? | 那我們在幹什麼 |
[1:04:23] | Why are we here? what is this? | 我們在這幹嘛 這算什麼 |
[1:04:25] | A conversation | 一次交談 |
[1:04:29] | A conversation | 一次交談 |
[1:04:33] | Down a road and at the end of that road… | 沿著這條路 在這條路的盡頭 |
[1:04:37] | Joshua, will you turn all your shares over to me? | 約書亞 你會把你的股票都給我嗎 |
[1:04:42] | Just for a day, just for a week | 一天 一禮拜就行 |
[1:04:45] | Just sign this piece of paper… | 只要簽個文件就行了 |
[1:04:47] | And everything will be cool, bro, you said | 不會有什麼事的 兄弟 你說過的 |
[1:04:55] | I just want to talk, josh I just want to hang | 我只想說說話 喬希 我只想出來逛逛 |
[1:05:01] | You understand the position I’m in, right? | 你明白我的處境 對吧 |
[1:05:03] | I’m in the same position | 我的處境跟你一樣 |
[1:05:05] | Not really! | 不對 |
[1:05:08] | See, for you this is all… a game, or something | 看 對你來說 這都只是一個遊戲 |
[1:05:12] | But for me, it’s different because I’ve got mo and jake to think about | 對我 可不是 我還得為莫 和 傑克 考慮 |
[1:05:16] | I can’t afford to be cavalier. | 我可當不來什麼騎士 |
[1:05:18] | I’ve got a fucking baby! I just bought an apartment! | 我有個該死的孩子 我剛買了房子 |
[1:05:22] | I’ve got a mortgage to pay I know that all seems square to you, | 我得還貸款 我知道你也差不多 |
[1:05:26] | But it’s my fucking life! | 可這該死的是我的生活 |
[1:05:36] | Look what you said at that e-symposium about me | 看看你在電子博覽會上怎麼說我的 |
[1:05:42] | And about what I do, it was really sweet, tom, it really was | 還有我所做的 真的很不錯 湯姆 真的 |
[1:05:45] | But we had a deal! | 不過我們有約定的 |
[1:05:46] | I do my thing you do yours right? | 你做好你的事 我做好我的事 對吧 |
[1:05:49] | Well I did my thing. and you? I don’t know. | 我做了我該做的 你呢 我不知道 |
[1:05:52] | I mean, you talk a good game | 我是說 你玩的把戲真不錯 |
[1:05:55] | You… you understand money | 你 你知道錢的含義 |
[1:05:57] | You understand business a whole lot better than I do | 你比我更瞭解做生意的事 |
[1:06:01] | But where’s it gotten you? where’s it gotten us? | 但是它怎麼就把你耍了 把我們耍了 |
[1:06:05] | I trusted you, tom! | 我曾經那麼相信你 湯姆 |
[1:06:11] | It doesn’t work, josh | 這不管用 喬希 |
[1:06:13] | What do you mean? | 什麼意思 |
[1:06:15] | Landshark as a business model… | 蘭德沙克公司作為商業模範 |
[1:06:18] | It doesn’t work | 這不管用的 |
[1:06:21] | What are you talking about? | 你說什麼呢 |
[1:06:23] | The numbers don’t add up | 這些數字不是加起來的 |
[1:06:25] | At least not the way we expected them to | 至少不是按照我們期望的那樣加起來的 |
[1:06:28] | Oh, fuck you! you’re so full of shit! | 操 你真是堆狗屎 |
[1:06:36] | I know what you think of me, joshua | 我知道你怎麼想的 約書亞 |
[1:06:39] | I know that you think that I’m taking advantage of you | 我知道你認為我在利用你 |
[1:06:43] | I know that you don’t respect me. | 我知道你不尊重我 |
[1:06:45] | But you tell me, you tell me | 但是你說 你告訴我 |
[1:06:48] | How what you do, what landshark does | 你怎麼做 蘭德沙克公司怎麼做 |
[1:06:51] | Could possibly make money as a business right now | 能夠馬上賺錢呢 |
[1:06:55] | You could say whatever you want about me | 你可以隨便說我什麼 |
[1:06:58] | But I believed in your idea | 但是我相信你的想法 |
[1:07:00] | I believed in you! | 我相信你 |
[1:07:03] | But the financial projections that we made | 但是我們所做的財務設計 |
[1:07:06] | They were like three years off | 好像遲了三年 |
[1:07:10] | The technology isn’t there! | 這個技術都不再了一樣 |
[1:07:13] | So, our market, it doesn’t fucking exist! | 於是 我們的市場 也就tmd不在了 |
[1:07:18] | That’s not my fault | 這不是我的錯 |
[1:07:19] | I’m not saying that it is | 我沒說是你的錯 |
[1:07:21] | It’s just the fucking reality of our situation | 這就是我們現在該死的處境 |
[1:07:25] | We’re no different from any of these dot-coms, josh | 我們跟其他網站沒什麼不同 喬希 |
[1:07:28] | It’s all hype and where the fuck | 這都是炒作 你知道這tmd 炒作 |
[1:07:30] | Do you think that hype comes from? | 是哪裡來的嗎 |
[1:07:32] | You’re right, I spent a lot of money on stupid shit, | 你是對的 我花了一大堆錢在那堆狗屎上 |
[1:07:36] | But that’s what kept us going. | 但是是什麼讓我們屹立不倒 |
[1:07:38] | Fumes | 一堆廢話而已 |
[1:07:41] | That’s what landshark runs on | 這就是為什麼蘭德沙克公司一直能運行 |
[1:07:43] | I still believe in landshark. | 我還信任蘭德沙克公司 |
[1:07:46] | And in three maybe four years | 在3 或者 4年以後 |
[1:07:49] | But we’re not gonna last that long | 我們可撐不了那麼久了 |
[1:07:51] | We’re not gonna last three weeks | 如果明天我們不把這個簽下來的話 |
[1:07:53] | If we don’t make this deal work tomorrow! | 我們連3禮拜都撐不到了 |
[1:07:55] | And I need your help! | 我需要你的幫助 |
[1:08:00] | I need your permission | 我需要的認可 |
[1:08:20] | Josh. don’t leave! | 喬希 別走 |
[1:08:30] | It was just me and josh | 只是我還有喬希 |
[1:08:32] | Still living at home, if you can believe that | 還住在家裡 如果你相信的話 |
[1:08:34] | I mean, josh was | 我是說 喬希曾經是 |
[1:08:35] | So we sat down after dinner, | 於是我們吃完晚飯 坐下來 |
[1:08:38] | Nancy and David were up at Lincoln Oenter | 南希 大衛 在林肯·恩特那裡 |
[1:08:42] | We were like, we can do this | 我們想 我們能做到 |
[1:08:44] | I mean, I was like, we can do this together we can do this | 我是說 我想 我們一起做 能做到的 |
[1:08:47] | And josh just sort of woke up | 喬希好像醒了 |
[1:08:50] | Right before my eyes, he just sort of woke up | 就在我眼前 他好像醒了 |
[1:08:55] | And he said, “of course we can” | 他說 “當然 我們能行的” |
[1:08:59] | And so… we get this place on the bowery | 於是我們就在包厘街區找了這個地方 |
[1:09:03] | Not the new bowery, it’s the old bowery, | 不是新的包厘街區 是舊的那個 |
[1:09:05] | We had rats, big fucking rats | 那裡有老鼠 tmd大老鼠 |
[1:09:07] | The size of cats, I swear it | 我發誓 確實有貓那麼大 |
[1:09:09] | We’d meet our clients out at restaurants, | 我們在餐館裡跟我們的客戶見面 |
[1:09:11] | We couldn’t bring them back to the office, | 我們不能把他們帶回我們的辦公室 |
[1:09:13] | It wasn’t an office, not really | 那裡根本算不上是辦公室 |
[1:09:15] | Could we just get a water? | 我們能只要杯水嗎 |
[1:09:23] | This first guy, his name was Goldblatt, | 第一個來的人 叫哥布賴特 |
[1:09:28] | He was, like, what can you do? | 他當時在想 你能幹什麼呢 |
[1:09:30] | And I was like, 10 percent reach, | 而我在想 只要成功10% |
[1:09:33] | 750, 000 uniques | 就有750000個獨立客戶了 |
[1:09:35] | And he’s just when can you get it up? | 他那時就問 你能把這個做好嗎 |
[1:09:37] | And I don’t hesitate, | 我一點也不猶豫 |
[1:09:39] | I say, week after next but that’s gonna cost you another 25 | 我說下下個禮拜就成 但是你得多付25美元 |
[1:09:42] | I’ll squeeze you in before hardy mcn imman | 我會在 哈蒂 之前榨幹你的錢的 |
[1:09:44] | Of course there was no hardy mcn imman | 當然 根本就沒什麼哈蒂的 |
[1:09:50] | Know why people commit to something? | 你知道問什麼人們會向別人托付什麼東西嗎 |
[1:09:54] | Not because they want to, because ultimately, | 並不是他們樂意托付給別人 而是 |
[1:09:56] | Nobody wants anything people commit for one reason | 沒有人樂意為一個理由而接受別人的托付 |
[1:09:59] | And one reason only | 僅有的一個理由 |
[1:10:01] | So some other son of a bitch doesn’t get there first | 於是有些狗娘養的一開始沒那麼做 |
[1:10:05] | And that… hey, it’s banana republic | 然後 嘿 這不是香蕉共和國(指只靠出口香蕉,經濟受外資控制的中美洲小國 |
[1:10:08] | I don’t think I like your tone | 我不喜歡你的語氣 |
[1:10:10] | I don’t think I’m selling it | 我又不是在賣這個 |
[1:10:12] | It’s a little late for a working stiff | 對上班族來說現在太晚了 |
[1:10:14] | You get pink-slipped? | 你沒失業吧 |
[1:10:15] | As a matter of fact I’m with Von Treska, | 實際上我現在在馮·特拉斯卡那裡幹活 |
[1:10:17] | The number one aggregator… | 頭號團購銷售員 |
[1:10:19] | Way back in may you guys had | 回到你們的話題上來 |
[1:10:20] | What did your press release say? first mover advantage | 今天你的新聞發佈會說了什麼 先行者優勢 |
[1:10:23] | Meaning you were the first guys in the niche market | 把你們看做是縫隙市場(填補穩固市場縫隙的新市場)的先行者 |
[1:10:25] | Only then came July it turned out | 直到7月份才發現其實 |
[1:10:27] | The niche didn’t really exist | 根本就沒什麼縫隙 |
[1:10:28] | So you did what everybody like you did. | 於是你做了所有跟你一樣的人會做的事 |
[1:10:30] | You said, “we’re not a niche player, we’re b 2b” | 你說”我們不是搞縫隙市場的 我們是B2B” |
[1:10:33] | As if that was gonna save your ass | 好像這樣就能保全你們的老臉了 |
[1:10:35] | How many people did that same exact thing that week? | 有多少人在那個禮拜做了這樣的事 |
[1:10:38] | Fuck you | 操你媽 |
[1:10:39] | It’s a lot more fun to make inventory than sell it | 製作點什麼東西比銷售東西更好玩 |
[1:10:41] | A lot easier too how much do you guys spend in a month | 更簡單 你們一個月花了多少錢 |
[1:10:44] | As opposed to how much comes in? | 又賺了多少錢 |
[1:10:46] | Or is that old- school accounting? | 又不是老會計算的那一套 |
[1:10:48] | I said fuck you | 我說了操你媽的 |
[1:10:49] | I heard you the first time | 我老早就聽到了啊 |
[1:10:51] | If I wanna say it I’ll say it. | 如果我想說 我就會說的 |
[1:10:53] | All night if I want to. | 整晚都要說 如果我願意的話 |
[1:10:54] | Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you | 操你媽呀操你媽 操你媽呀操你媽 |
[1:10:57] | Do you know why you’re even here? | 你知道你為什麼在這裡 |
[1:11:00] | Because we had a dream | 因為我們有個夢想 |
[1:11:03] | And you did what guys like you always do | 你做了跟你一樣的人經常做的事 |
[1:11:06] | You smelled the money you came down you wanted in | 你嗅到銅錢味 你跑過來 你想摻和一下 |
[1:11:09] | You wanted to drink the oru | 你想去喝點紅酒 |
[1:11:11] | Not because you love, not even because you know what you’re doing | 不是你喜歡那麼做 更不是你知道你在做什麼 |
[1:11:14] | But because this is where the action is | 而是因為那裡有點動靜而已 |
[1:11:18] | No, because somebody told you this is where the action is | 不 是因為有人告訴你那裡會有點動靜的 |
[1:11:21] | You don’t know anything about me. | 你對我一無所知 |
[1:11:23] | Guys like you ain’t got no vision | 像你這樣的人不會沒有想像力 |
[1:11:26] | Ain’t got no passion ain’t got no soul | 不會沒有激情 沒有靈魂的 |
[1:11:30] | Hey, let me ask you something | 嘿 我問你 |
[1:11:32] | Do all the flowers and the fancy dinners | 鮮花和美妙的晚餐能不能 |
[1:11:34] | Make up for the fact that he’s never been able to make you come? | 彌補他沒能讓你來的事實呢 |
[1:11:43] | Open up tom! | 開門 湯姆 |
[1:11:51] | Come on! | 快點 |
[1:12:10] | Good morning, tom n ice shiner | 早上好啊 湯姆 黑眼圈不錯嘛 |
[1:12:22] | What happened to you? | 你怎麼啦 |
[1:12:24] | Somebody obviously had enough. | 看來有人夠嗆了啊 |
[1:12:27] | Hope it wasn’t his brother. | 希望別是他的兄弟啊 |
[1:12:31] | Did you speak to josh? | 你跟喬希說了嗎 |
[1:12:33] | You did talk to him, didn’t you, tom? | 你跟他談過了 對吧 湯姆 |
[1:12:35] | This guy’s old school, he’s not gonna fall for the sweet talk | 那傢伙太古板了 一點也不買賬 |
[1:12:39] | I can handle this, Dylan, trust me | 我來處理吧 迪倫 相信我 |
[1:12:41] | If they ask you about the shortfall? | 如果他們問你差額的事 |
[1:12:43] | I’ll let you handle it | 我會讓你去處理的 |
[1:12:45] | And if they ask about the e-symposium? | 如果他們問了電子博覽會呢 |
[1:12:47] | I was just shaking things up I was trying to inject | 我正在改組 我在嘗試資金注入 |
[1:12:50] | A little salutary controversy the way | 有意義的爭論就像是 |
[1:12:52] | That an oyster needs a small bit of grit to make a pearl | 牡蠣需要點石子才能長出珍珠呢 |
[1:12:55] | Believe me, I got this | 相信我 我能行 |
[1:13:00] | Mr Barton will see you now | 巴頓先生要見你 |
[1:13:02] | Mr ogilvy’s with him | 還有奧美先生 |
[1:13:05] | Shall I show you the way? | 我給你帶路吧 |
[1:13:07] | Thank you | 有勞了 |
[1:13:13] | What a joy | 真高興啊 |
[1:13:15] | What a significant day | 多麼有意義的一天啊 |
[1:13:17] | The pleasure is all ours | 是我們的榮幸 |
[1:13:19] | I’m a busy man to be sure, | 我確信會是的 |
[1:13:20] | But when the opportunity presents itself | 不過當機遇出現時 |
[1:13:23] | To meet my friends at landshark, | 跟我的朋友相聚在蘭德沙克公司 |
[1:13:25] | Why, we clear our decks, so to speak | 為什麼 我們掃清了障礙 可以開始了 |
[1:13:28] | Allow me to introduce my senior partner Oyrus Ogilvy | 請允許我介紹我的資深搭檔 奧露絲·奧美 |
[1:13:33] | Oy? this is miss Melanie Hanson, | 奧 這是梅蘭尼·漢森小姐 |
[1:13:35] | It’s a pleasure | 真榮幸 |
[1:13:37] | Mr. Dylan Gothschalk. | 迪倫·格斯沙克先生 |
[1:13:39] | Mr. Thomas Sterling. | 托馬斯·斯特林先生 |
[1:13:41] | C o o, C f o, C e o | coo首席運營官 cfo財務總監 ceo首席執行官 |
[1:13:45] | We’re here today to seek a fuller partnership. | 今天我們尋求的是更詳盡的合作關係 |
[1:13:49] | So that our futures | 讓我們擁有各自的未來 |
[1:13:51] | Are separate but successful futures | 但也是成功的未來 |
[1:13:55] | We’ll be bound together | 我們是緊緊相連的 |
[1:13:58] | So that our happiness can become your happiness | 我們的幸福就是你們幸福 |
[1:14:02] | Happiness? dear boy, I’m more interested in ro i | 幸福 親愛的 我對ROI(投資收益率/利潤率)更感興趣 |
[1:14:08] | I’m offering substantial happiness | 我提供的是物質的幸福 |
[1:14:11] | How substantial? | 有多麼”物質”呢 |
[1:14:12] | Very substantial | 非常的”物質” |
[1:14:14] | 40% | 40% |
[1:14:16] | At what price? | 什麼價格 |
[1:14:19] | Market value | 市場價 |
[1:14:21] | Circumstances have changed over the past few days, | 過去幾天 形式已經有所改變 |
[1:14:25] | Have they not? that offer no longer stands | 難道不是嗎 不再提供長遠合作了 |
[1:14:30] | What were you expecting to pay? | 你們打算付多少 |
[1:14:33] | Market value does not matter | 市場價沒什麼問題 |
[1:14:36] | Because your stock trades by appointment | 因為你們的股票需要委託別人 |
[1:14:38] | To sell it, you need a willing buyer | 去賣掉 你需要一個好買家 |
[1:14:40] | And your stock has no float | 而且你們的股票是不會浮動的 |
[1:14:43] | But the real question is the board. we’ll want control. | 不過真正的問題在於董事會 我們想要控制董事會 |
[1:15:05] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在開玩笑 對吧 |
[1:15:08] | What do you know about the net? | 你對網絡知道多少 |
[1:15:11] | What do you know about new technology? | 你對新型的網絡技術知道多少 |
[1:15:15] | Nothing not a fucking thing | TMD你什麼也不懂 |
[1:15:19] | The way people communicate the way people think | 人們交流和思考的方式 |
[1:15:23] | The very nature of commerce is changing, and you’re scared shitless | 商業的本質在大幅改變 你嚇破膽了 |
[1:15:28] | You don’t understand it, but you want in | 你不懂 但是你還想要摻和進來 |
[1:15:31] | To be quite honest m r. sterling | 閉嘴 “誠實的”斯特林先生 |
[1:15:35] | We don’t like your style | 我們不喜歡你說話的風格 |
[1:15:37] | We don’t like the way you conduct yourself | 我們不喜歡你的行為 |
[1:15:41] | And though you seem to have fooled a lot of people, | 雖然你看起來好像糊弄過不少人了 |
[1:15:45] | We don’t much like the way you conduct your business | 我們一點也不喜歡你做生意的方式 |
[1:15:49] | And since we don’t particularly want to be in business with you | 由於我們一點也不想跟你做生意 |
[1:15:55] | You’d have to make it very much worth our while | 所以你最好能順著我們的意思說 |
[1:16:01] | I was in adam’s house at harvard | 我曾經在哈佛大學的亞當經濟學院呆過 |
[1:16:04] | So I made some friends. | 我有一些朋友 |
[1:16:07] | And then wharton, I made a few more, | 在沃頓大學的時候 我交了更多朋友 |
[1:16:11] | And in south hampton where we summer | 在南哈普林大學我們一起過暑假 |
[1:16:14] | So, on the street, you could say | 所以在華爾街 你可以說 |
[1:16:18] | I have a lot of friends | 我有很多朋友 |
[1:16:20] | And they look to me for my opinion | 他們會來問問我的意見 |
[1:16:24] | When I tell them I tell them that we’ve looked | 我會告訴我們所看到的 |
[1:16:28] | At the landshark figures and we didn’t see a future, | 對於蘭德沙克公司的股票指數 我們看不到未來 |
[1:16:33] | I don’t have to say it loudly | 我不要大聲的說出來吧 |
[1:16:36] | I have only to whisper it do you understand? | 我只要輕聲耳語一番就行了 你懂嗎 |
[1:16:42] | By the time your lockup ends, | 當你的封鎖期結束時 |
[1:16:44] | You will own 500, 000 shares d-listed paper | 你會有500000股上市股票 |
[1:16:51] | You would dump your entire investment | 你撤出你的投資 |
[1:16:54] | Because you don’t like my style? | 是因為你不喜歡我的做事的風格 |
[1:17:02] | Why? | 為什麼 |
[1:17:04] | Because I can, Mr sterling | 因為我有能力這樣做 斯特林先生 |
[1:17:08] | Is that a threat? | 這算是個威脅 |
[1:17:10] | That’s just business. | 只是做生意而已 |
[1:17:12] | It’s what separates the men from the boys | 什麼是男人跟男孩的區別 |
[1:17:15] | So why am I here? | 為什麼我會在這裡 |
[1:17:18] | We’re interested in the future of landshark. | 我們對蘭德沙克公司未來感興趣 |
[1:17:21] | But we’re not interested in you | 但我們對你不感興趣 |
[1:17:23] | There is no landshark without me | 沒有我就沒有蘭德沙克公司 |
[1:17:25] | Au contraire by our metrics your company would be better off. | 但是在我們的管理下 你的公司將更強大 |
[1:17:31] | Miss Gilbo will show you out | 吉爾伯小姐會送你們出去 |
[1:17:33] | Wait | 等等 |
[1:17:35] | Don’t waste your time. or ours. | 別浪費你們還有我們的時間 |
[1:17:37] | But if I could just say one thing… | 就讓我說一件事 |
[1:17:39] | This is not a negotiation this is our offer | 我們的報價沒有商量的餘地 |
[1:17:43] | Miss hanson Mr. gothschalk your brother joshua | 漢森小姐 格斯沙克先生 你的兄弟約書亞 |
[1:17:46] | They’ll stay with the company | 他們會繼續呆在公司 |
[1:17:48] | And we’ll do everything within our power to keep the stock price high. | 我們會盡全力保持股票在較高的價格 |
[1:17:51] | You will step down. | 你將辭職 |
[1:17:53] | And you will relinquish all interest in the company. | 你得放棄公司的所有利益 |
[1:17:56] | We will take control of the board, | 我們接管董事會 |
[1:17:59] | And we will buy your shares at 15 cents on the dollar | 我們以每股15美分的價格收購你的股票 |
[1:18:03] | Mr Sterling | 斯特林先生 |
[1:18:06] | You can take it or leave it. | 你接受還是放棄 |
[1:18:08] | We need your answer immediately. | 我們需要你立刻決定 |
[1:18:22] | My brother Joshua gets a employment contract? | 我的兄弟約書亞有受雇合同嗎 |
[1:18:25] | Joshua Jterling will be well taken care of | 我們會照顧好約書亞·斯特林的 |
[1:18:41] | Okay | 好吧 |
[1:18:46] | Okay | 好的 |
[1:18:47] | You have yourself a deal | 我同意的要求 |
[1:19:17] | Tom. | 湯姆 |
[1:19:19] | I’m fine | 我沒事 |
[1:19:25] | Really I am | 真的沒事 |
[1:20:44] | Yeah | 你好 |
[1:21:15] | This just in. | 最新消息 |
[1:21:18] | Singer and actress Aaliyah has been killed in a plane crash | 女演員 女歌手 艾莉雅由於飛機墜毀葬身 |
[1:21:22] | Over the bahamas. according to sources… | 就在巴哈馬群島附近 有消息稱 |
[1:21:26] | Six in quarters | 換6塊錢 |
[1:21:37] | Thanks | 謝謝 |
[1:22:06] | jackpot! | 大獎了 |
[1:22:09] | Oh, nice | 真棒 |
[1:22:15] | Hey, can I get the next one? | 我能試試下一個嗎 |
[1:22:17] | It’s gonna be a while | 得等等 |
[1:22:23] | Jackpot! | 大獎 |
[1:22:40] | Maybe we can… | 也許我們可以 |
[1:22:44] | Me and you maybe we can… | 我跟你也許能 |
[1:22:48] | Start… | 開始 |
[1:22:53] | Build, you know | 建立 你知道 |
[1:22:57] | Make… something. | 做點什麼 |
[1:23:02] | Uh, like, together | 比如一起 |
[1:23:12] | It’s all over, Josh | 都結束了 josh |
[1:23:23] | Let me shoot this one | 讓我來這一把 |
[1:23:24] | Nope | 不行 |
[1:23:30] | The left flipper? | 讓我來控制左邊那個 |
[1:23:36] | Jackpot! | 大獎 |
[1:23:40] | See? | 看到沒 |
[1:23:46] | Jackpot! | 大獎 |
[1:23:54] | Jackpot! | 大獎 |
[1:23:58] | Are you kidding? | 你在開玩笑吧 |
[1:24:01] | When did you get out of what? | 你什麼時候學會這個了啊 |