英文名称:Backbeat
年代:1994
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | Some people hear their own inner voices | 有些人能清楚地听见 |
[00:47] | with great clearness | 来自心灵的声音 |
[00:49] | and they live by what they hear | 他们依着那声音作息 |
[00:52] | Such people become crazy | 这种人最终不是疯了 |
[00:56] | or they become legend | 就是成了传说 |
[01:05] | Tristan Ludlow was born in the Moon of the Falling Leaves | 崔斯汀在落叶时节降生 |
[01:10] | It was a terrible winter | 那是个可怕的冬天 |
[01:13] | His mother almost died bringing him into this world | 他母亲生他时差点死掉 |
[01:22] | His father, the Colonel, brought him to me | 他父亲鲁上校抱他来给我 |
[01:25] | I wrapped him in a bearskin and held him all that night | 我将他包在熊皮内整晚抱着他 |
[01:33] | As he grew into a man | 到他长大了 |
[01:35] | I taught him the great joy of the kill | 我教导他猎杀的乐趣 |
[01:39] | when the hunter cuts out its warm heart | 当猎人取出猎物的心脏… |
[01:43] | and holds it in his hands | 握在手中 |
[01:45] | setting its spirit free | 使猎物灵魂得释放 |
[01:50] | Colonel Ludlow had three sons | 鲁上校有三个儿子 |
[01:52] | but Tristan was his favorite | 他最爱崔斯汀 |
[01:56] | I had had sons too | 我也有儿子 |
[02:00] | But they were gone now | 但全都不在了… |
[02:02] | forever | 永远死了 |
[02:04] | It was a very bad time | 那是个悲惨的年月 |
[02:08] | The Colonel had tried to help the People | 上校想帮助族人 |
[02:13] | but it was no use | 但没有用 |
[02:17] | So he decided to go his own way | 于是他决定自我行动 |
[02:23] | He wanted to lose the madness over the mountains, he said | 他说:想到山上去不再杀戮 |
[02:27] | and begin again | 重新开始生活 |
[02:37] | “Lose the madness, ‘”he said | 他说:弃绝疯狂杀伐 |
[02:40] | And so we lived for many years | 我们就过了好多年 |
[02:43] | and the boys grew strong | 孩子也长大了 |
[02:54] | Alfred was the older brother | 艾佛瑞是长子… |
[02:58] | old even for his years | 很成熟世故 |
[03:01] | Samuel was the youngest | 山莫是最小的 |
[03:04] | There was nothing these brothers would not do for him | 两个兄长对他疼爱有加 |
[03:08] | They watched over him like a treasure | 视他如珍宝 |
[03:12] | One year… I am an old man | 那一年 我大概老了… |
[03:15] | and cannot remember the year | 记不得是那一年 |
[03:17] | But it was the Moon of the Red Grass | 但那是红草月份(十月) |
[03:20] | when Isabel Ludlow, their mother | 孩子的母亲伊莎贝儿 |
[03:23] | went away for the winter | 到外地过冬 |
[03:25] | She said the winters were too cruel for her | 她说这里冬天太冷了 |
[03:29] | She said she was afraid of the bears | 她说她害怕熊 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1076个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:162个,六级词汇:66个,GRE词汇:84个,托福词汇:117个,考研词汇:179个,专四词汇:150个,专八词汇:23个, 所有生词标注共:300个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:33] | She was a strange woman anyway | 反正她是个奇特的女子 |
[03:50] | That spring, though, she did not return | 那个春天 她都没回来 |
[03:55] | And, after that, she did not come much to see us | 以后也不常来看我们 |
[04:01] | Alfred wrote her many letters | 艾佛瑞常给她写信 |
[04:04] | but Tristan refused to speak of her | 崔斯汀拒绝提起她 |
[04:07] | His world was here | 他的世界在这儿… |
[04:09] | with me | 和我一起 |
[04:13] | Every warrior hopes a good death will find him | 每个战士都希望英勇的死去 |
[04:18] | but Tristan couldn’t wait | 但崔斯汀等不及 |
[04:21] | He went looking for his | 想以身涉险 |
[05:42] | Tristan! | 崔斯汀 |
[05:43] | Tristan! | 崔斯汀 |
[05:45] | Here | 在这里 |
[05:48] | Was it a bear? – Yes, sir | 是熊吗? 是的 |
[05:53] | Take your hand away | 把手拿开 |
[05:55] | Take it away | 拿开 |
[05:59] | You’re a stupid, half-brained jackass | 你是个笨小子 你知道吗? |
[06:01] | – Yes, sir | 知道 |
[06:03] | – One Stab put you up to this? | 是”一刀”教你的吗? |
[06:06] | You deserve to be dead | 你真是找死 |
[06:08] | God knows how you’ve lived so long | 天知道你还会有命 |
[06:10] | It’ll be all right, son | 没什么了 |
[06:32] | I have these letters | 我有这些信… |
[06:34] | many letters | 许多的信 |
[06:37] | Read them | 你看吧… |
[06:40] | They are from all of them | 是他们一家的 |
[06:42] | Ludlow | 鲁上校… |
[06:44] | Isabel | 伊莎贝儿… |
[06:46] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[06:48] | the whole family | 全家人… |
[06:50] | the whole story | 整个故事… |
[06:53] | It is all written here | 全写在信内 |
[06:57] | April 13, 1913 | 一九一三年四月十三日 |
[07:00] | Dear Isabel: | 亲爱的伊莎贝儿: |
[07:02] | I am not fool enough to try to reorder a life already lived | 我不会笨到想重新改变生活 |
[07:07] | but I fear I have not done well raising | 但恐怕在这荒地 |
[07:09] | our sons alone in this wild place | 把抚养孩子的工作做不好 |
[07:12] | What did I know of children? | 我对孩子有何认识呢? |
[07:14] | I was trained to lead men | 我是个受训带兵的人 |
[07:17] | This is infinitely harder | 但教养孩子却困难得多 |
[07:21] | Dear William: | 亲爱的威廉: |
[07:22] | You take too much responsibility on yourself, as always | 你一向太有责任感 |
[07:26] | Our sons are finding their own paths | 孩子会有他们的路 |
[07:28] | They are willful, certainly, | 他们任性… |
[07:30] | but then | 可是… |
[07:32] | who are you and I to complain of willfulness? | 但我们能责怪他们的任性吗? |
[07:35] | As for Samuel, I have big news | 至于山莫 我有好消息 |
[07:38] | At a Harvard tea for Amy Lowell | 在哈佛替罗厄耳开的餐会上 |
[07:40] | he met and instantly loved Miss Susannah Finncannon | 他即时邂逅并爱上了范苏珊小姐 |
[07:43] | I know it will surprise you greatly | 我知道你会很惊奇 |
[07:46] | but they are engaged | 但他们已订了婚 |
[07:49] | He will bring her to Montana this summer to meet his brothers | 他会带她到蒙坦拿州见哥哥们 |
[07:53] | and you | 还有你 |
[07:54] | So, William, please behave yourself | 所以 威廉…你要自制 |
[07:58] | and be as charming as only you can be | 尽可能和蔼可亲一点 |
[08:04] | There he is | 嗨 他来了! |
[08:10] | – How the hell are you? | 你好吗? |
[08:11] | – Good And you? | 好 你呢? |
[08:15] | – Samuel Good to see you, boy – Father, how are you? | 山莫 爸爸 |
[08:16] | – Good to see you – Hello | 你好吗? 看见你真好 |
[08:23] | This is my fianc, Susannah | 爸爸 我的未婚妻…苏珊 |
[08:27] | – Hello | 哈啰 |
[08:29] | – Miss Finncannon | 苏珊 |
[08:32] | – Nice to meet you – It’s an honor | 幸会 真荣幸 |
[08:35] | – This is Alfred | 这个是艾佛瑞 |
[08:36] | – How do you do? | 哈啰 你好 |
[08:41] | – Here’s your dog, miss – Thank you | 你的狗 小姐 谢谢 |
[08:43] | – It’s a horse | 它像匹马 |
[08:44] | – That’s a strange-looking animal | 看来很强壮 |
[08:46] | This is Finn He’s a champion | 它叫芬 是冠军狗 |
[08:49] | You like exotic-looking dogs then, Miss Finncannon? | 你喜欢外表奇特的狗吗?范小姐 |
[08:52] | Very much, Mr. Ludlow | 非常喜欢 鲁先生 |
[08:55] | – Please call me Susannah | 叫我苏珊吧 |
[08:57] | – All right | 好的 |
[08:58] | – He’s just plain old Alfred | 他很坦率叫艾佛瑞 |
[08:59] | – Shut up | 住口 |
[09:01] | – Where’s Tristan? | 崔斯汀呢? |
[09:03] | – He’s off somewhere You know him | 到别处去了 |
[09:05] | He’ll welcome you home tonight | 今晚他会欢迎你回来 |
[09:07] | or I’ll know the reason why | 否则我要他解释原因 |
[09:11] | Miss Finncannon, please | 请 |
[09:12] | Did you have a good journey? | 旅途愉快吗? |
[09:19] | She is such a lovely creature | 她很可爱 威廉 |
[09:22] | But I fear the loss of her parents | 但我恐怕她父母双亡 |
[09:26] | has given her a certain fragility | 使她的情感很脆弱 |
[09:28] | I think she feels very alone in the world | 我认为她觉得在世上颇为孤单 |
[09:32] | But she has found a new family now, hasn’t she? | 但现在她找到新家了 不是吗? |
[09:36] | The German military is ready to use chaos in Croatia | 德军准备在克罗地亚动武… |
[09:39] | as a justification for actions that could plunge the entire civilized world into… | 师出有名以致使整个文明世界… |
[09:42] | The word “civilized” has no place | 山莫 这世上的事… |
[09:45] | in discussing the affairs of this world | 难以说是文明的 |
[09:47] | Mis Fan | 范小姐 |
[09:48] | Mother told us of your sympathy for the social reformers | 我妈说你是个同情社会改革者 |
[09:53] | You make it sound like a disease | 照你说来那好像是种疾病 |
[09:56] | No, I’m in agreement | 不 我同意改革 |
[09:58] | You mother told me all about One Stab | 你妈对我提过”一刀” |
[10:00] | She says he was a great warrior | 他是个好战士 |
[10:02] | Yes | 是的 |
[10:03] | He has a bag of scalps to prove it | 他有一大堆头皮可以证明 |
[10:07] | But don’t worry | 但放心 |
[10:09] | He’s devoted to Father now | 他现在对父亲很忠心 |
[10:11] | Rather, they’re devoted to each other | 他们对彼此忠心 |
[10:13] | Can he speak English? | 他懂英语吗? |
[10:15] | Stab, speak English? | “一刀” 说英语? |
[10:17] | He wouldn’t lower himself to speak English | 他才不会降格说英文 |
[10:22] | But watch out because he understands it perfectly well | 但小心 他可听得懂英语 |
[10:25] | Look…… | 看… |
[10:27] | There’s Tristan | 崔斯汀来了 |
[10:49] | – Don’t they feed you? | 他们没给你吃东西? |
[10:50] | Not much | 不太多 |
[10:58] | – You smell – Miss me, did you? | 你味道不好 很想我对不对? |
[11:01] | – Still hung over? – Still drunk | 仍宿醉没醒? 未婚妻呢? |
[11:03] | This it…… | 就是她 |
[11:07] | Isn’t she amazing? | 她漂亮吧? |
[11:10] | So this is Tristan | 这个是崔斯汀 |
[11:15] | And does he speak English? | 他懂英语吗? |
[11:19] | For God’s sake | 天啊! |
[11:33] | Miss Finncannon, it’s a pleasure to meet you | 范小姐 很高兴和你见面 |
[11:37] | I hope you and Ugly here | 希望你和在这的丑小子… |
[11:40] | find every happiness together | 一起能找到幸福 |
[11:46] | Don’t mind my brother Your dog | 别理会我弟弟 |
[11:47] | has more breeding than he has | 你的狗教养比他还好 |
[12:14] | This is Mother’s room | 这是妈的睡房 |
[12:16] | It’s lovely | 很优雅 |
[12:21] | – It’s a pleasure to meet you, Pet – And you, miss | 很高兴见到你 柏 我也是 |
[12:23] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[12:34] | – Which one? | 安几利亚白止花!那一种? |
[12:36] | – It’s this one | 这一种 |
[12:42] | Angelica Susannah | “白止花苏珊” |
[13:16] | Hello | 哈啰 |
[13:19] | You must be Isabel Two | 你一定是伊莎贝儿二世 |
[13:24] | I’ve already met your mother and father | 我见过你父母 |
[13:28] | – How old are you? – Thirteen | 你有多大? 十三岁 |
[13:31] | – Thirteen | 十三岁? |
[13:34] | When I was 13, I was sent away to boarding school | 我十三岁时便被送到寄宿学校 |
[13:40] | I hated it | 我不喜欢 |
[13:44] | May I help you? | 我可以帮你吗? |
[13:49] | You’re going to marry Samuel | 你要嫁山莫 |
[13:51] | That’s right, I am | 是的 |
[13:53] | I’m going to marry Tristan | 我会嫁崔斯汀 |
[13:58] | We’ll be sisters | 我们会成为姑嫂 |
[14:02] | I see you two have met | 你们认识了 |
[14:04] | Isabel Two is letting me help | 小伊莎贝儿让我帮忙 |
[14:07] | Would you like a rest? You must be exhausted | 你想休息吗?你一定很累了 |
[14:10] | No, not at all This is so refreshing | 不累 这儿空气清新… |
[14:13] | all this grandeur, this unexpected | 一大片草原 想不到… |
[14:16] | gift from God | 就像是上天的恩赐 |
[14:19] | It doesn’t seem like much of a gift in a hard winter, I assure you | 冬天来临时可不像是恩赐 |
[14:24] | Where’s Samuel? | 山莫呢? |
[14:26] | Inside I could tell your father wanted him all to himself | 在里面 你爸想私下和他交谈 |
[14:30] | – You’re very generous | 你很大方 |
[14:31] | – No, just happy | 不 只是开心 |
[14:34] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[14:38] | Stop mooning over her and come in here | 别逗她了 进来吧 |
[14:40] | Samuel wants to know | 山莫想知道你从夏安带回来的… |
[14:43] | about those calves from Cheyenne | 小牛的状况 |
[14:44] | Get in here | 进来吧 |
[14:47] | Please excuse my father | 请原谅家父 |
[14:50] | It makes him feel young and powerful to treat us like we’re idiot children | 视我们像笨蛋 使他感到年轻有为 |
[15:01] | For all His countless blessings, | 赞美神 赐福我们一切所需 |
[15:03] | may God’s holy name be praised Amen | 奉主的名 阿门 阿门 |
[15:07] | Tell Father what you were saying about Vienna | 把你在维也纳时说的话对爸说 |
[15:11] | – What’s that? | 什么事? |
[15:12] | – It’s the Kaiser | 是吉撤 |
[15:14] | He won’t stop them from annihilating Serbia | 他不会阻止他们消灭塞尔维亚 |
[15:17] | Let’s not talk about war, please | 我们别再谈战争了 |
[15:20] | Susannah hears that England’s mobilizing | 苏珊听说英格兰准备挥军 |
[15:23] | We’re stuck out here while all this is going on | 战事爆发我们却呆坐这里 |
[15:26] | – Thank God | 感谢主 |
[15:28] | – You wouldn’t want us to evade a duty | 你不想我们逃避责任吧? |
[15:30] | – Wouldn’t I? | 我会吗? |
[15:31] | – Father, with respect… | 爸爸请起立 |
[15:34] | Please excuse me for being late | 抱歉我迟了 |
[15:36] | I packed so carefully, | 我把东西打包得太好 |
[15:38] | I couldn’t find anything | 以致什么都找不到 |
[15:41] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[15:51] | Would you like some… | 你是否想要些… |
[15:57] | Yeah Thanks | 是的 谢谢 |
[16:00] | As evening fell a maiden stood | 夜幕低垂 一女仕站在… |
[16:04] | At the edge of a wood | 一片树林的边缘外 |
[16:07] | In her hands lay the reins Of a stallion | 她的手上持着驯马的鞭绳 |
[16:14] | And n’er I’d seen A girl as fair | 从没见过这么美丽的女孩 |
[16:18] | Heard a gentler voice anywhere | 随处可听见一温柔的声音 |
[16:21] | Whispered, alas She belonged | 向她轻声细诉…她属于… |
[16:24] | Belonged to another | 她属于…另一个人 |
[16:27] | Another, forever | 另一个人 永远属他 |
[16:31] | Yes, she belonged to | 是的 她应属于… |
[16:34] | The twilight and mist | 这薄暮和朦眬的雾中 |
[16:40] | Dear Isabel: | 亲爱的伊莎贝儿: |
[16:42] | How strange to have a cultivated woman | 屋子里再有有教养的女子 |
[16:44] | in the house again | 感觉很奇怪 |
[16:46] | and how intoxicating | 亦很令人兴奋 |
[16:48] | To have all three of my sons under my roof again | 三个儿子能再共处一室… |
[16:52] | fills me with such a deep, quiet satisfaction | 使我感到心满意足… |
[16:55] | that I thank God | 我感谢主 |
[17:50] | There’s a friend of yours | 是你的朋友! |
[18:01] | A dollar says he brings her back | 我赌一块钱他能抓她回来 |
[18:54] | Easy | 放松 女孩 |
[19:17] | You got it | 你得分 |
[19:32] | Nice work | 做的好 |
[19:34] | You guys look like ice cream cones | 你们浑身雪白像冰淇淋似的 |
[19:39] | I know you would have | 我知道你会带她回来的 |
[19:41] | Ready Here we go | 准备 我们再来 |
[19:54] | Go easy on him, Susannah | 饶过他吧 苏珊 |
[19:57] | Alfred, you take over | 艾佛瑞 你来打 |
[19:58] | I must talk to Tristan | 我有话跟崔斯汀说 |
[20:00] | You’ve disgraced the Colonel’s name | 你使我们丢脸 |
[20:04] | – Nice shiner | 眼睛肿了 |
[20:05] | – I hit her back | 是的 我说会带她回来的 |
[20:15] | She’s got me spinning | 她使我神魂颠倒 |
[20:17] | She’s got me spinning | 她使我神魂颠倒 |
[20:17] | I’ll bet | 我看是的 |
[20:18] | She’s got these ideas and theories, and she’s so… | 她有主见 又实际又是那么… |
[20:25] | What? | 什么? |
[20:27] | Nothing | 没什么 |
[20:30] | How’d you break the mare? | 你驯服了母马 |
[20:31] | No No | 不 不 |
[20:32] | She’s what? | 她什么? |
[20:37] | She’s sort of passionate | 她很热情 |
[20:39] | – She a virgin? – Good Lord, Tristan | 她是处女吗? 什么问题嘛! |
[20:42] | – You brought it up – Of course she is | 你先提的 她当然是的 |
[20:44] | Are you? | 你呢? |
[20:50] | – Yes, I am – Going to wait till you’re married? | 我是的 要留到结婚以后吗? |
[20:54] | See, she says… | 她说… |
[20:57] | Susannah thinks that… | 苏珊认为… |
[21:01] | No | 不 |
[21:02] | We’re not gonna wait | 我们不会等 |
[21:04] | And you’re afraid you won’t meet her expectations? | 你害怕不符合她的期望 |
[21:09] | I guess I am | 我想是的 |
[21:11] | Sort of I don’t know | 算是吧 我不晓得 |
[21:13] | Should I be? | 我需要吗? |
[21:15] | Samuel, God bless you | 山莫 主祝福你 |
[21:17] | You are good at everything you try | 你做什么都得心应手 |
[21:20] | I’m sure it will be the same with fucking | 我相信打炮亦不例外 |
[21:22] | Tristan, really | 崔斯汀 你真是的! |
[21:24] | – She’s my future wife | 她是我未来的太太 |
[21:25] | – You’re not going to fuck her? | 你不操她吗? |
[21:26] | No No | 不! 不? |
[21:28] | I’m planning to be with her | 不 我打算和她长相厮守 |
[21:32] | I recommend fucking | 我建议你操她 |
[21:34] | – You’re impossible – You brought it up | 你无可救药 是你提起的 |
[21:47] | My point! | 我得分 |
[22:13] | Good morning, Colonel Ludlow | 早安 |
[22:14] | Tristan’s hunting He didn’t do it | 崔斯汀在打猎 不是他作的 |
[22:17] | You don’t have to worry about Tristan | 你不用担心崔斯汀 |
[22:19] | Meet John T and James O’Banion They own the mercantile store | 约翰丁、詹母斯是开零售店的 |
[22:23] | – Morning, James, John T, Sheriff | 你们好 |
[22:26] | – Morning, Alfred | 你好 |
[22:28] | We’re looking for a man we heard might be in this part of the country | 我们在寻找一个可能在这里的人 |
[22:33] | Name is Tom Cullen | 他叫汤高伦 |
[22:34] | Here’s a likeness | 这是他的图片 |
[22:39] | What did this fella do? | 他做过什么? |
[22:41] | Do you recognize him? | 认得他吗? |
[22:44] | – Yeah, I recognize him | 认得 |
[22:45] | – We got him | 找到他了 |
[22:47] | This fellow passed by here maybe four or five years ago | 他四五年前路过这儿 |
[22:51] | Did some work here | 帮忙干活 |
[22:53] | on his way to San Francisco | 后来他前往三藩市 |
[22:55] | He was hoping to book passage | 希望买到船票到澳洲 |
[22:57] | to Australia | 澳洲? |
[22:58] | Or Hong Kong I can’t remember | 还是香港 我不记得了 |
[23:00] | – Can you remember? | 你记得吗? |
[23:02] | – Hong Kong | 是香港 |
[23:05] | – Hong Kong, yeah | 香港 对 |
[23:07] | – What is he wanted for? | 他因何罪被通缉? |
[23:09] | – He… | 他… |
[23:10] | That would be of a private nature | 这是私事 |
[23:13] | “Private nature”? | 私事? |
[23:14] | It’s a public office you hold, Sheriff | 警长职务是公职 |
[23:18] | Gentlemen | 再见 |
[23:32] | “There came a low hiss, a horrid sound | 跟着低沉的嘶嘶声… |
[23:35] | that made Rikki Tikki Tavi jump back two clear feet | 使里奇后退了两尺… |
[23:37] | And then out of the grass | 跟着在草丛中… |
[23:40] | rose up the head and spread hood of Nag | 把头伸出来的… |
[23:42] | the big black cobra” | 竟是一条黑色的大响尾蛇 |
[23:44] | I can read another story | 我读另一个故事给你听 |
[23:47] | The Germans broke through at Armentieres | 德军冲破英法联军防线… |
[23:49] | What ? | 什么? |
[23:49] | The British are trapped in the Belgian lowlands | 英军被困在比利时低地 |
[23:53] | – This paper is a week old! | 这报纸是一星期前的 |
[23:55] | – Calm down | 别冲动 |
[23:56] | With my fluent German, I could become an officer | 我懂德语 可以当军官 |
[23:58] | And lead other boys to the slaughter and be slaughtered yourself | 领导其他小伙子去送死 |
[24:00] | The men who served under you worshipped you | 你的士兵崇拜你 |
[24:03] | They were all damn fools | 他们全是笨蛋 |
[24:05] | This is a turning point in history | 这是历史的转折点 |
[24:07] | – How can we… – What? | 我们怎能不 怎样? |
[24:08] | You can’t expect us not to be part of this | 我们怎可能不参与呢?你教我们… |
[24:11] | – You taught us… – To think for yourselves | 我教你们为自己着想 |
[24:13] | – And to defend what’s ours | 及悍卫自己的东西 |
[24:14] | – Yes, what is ours! | 是的 我们的东西 |
[24:16] | We’ve already lost two cousins | 我们已失去两名表亲 |
[24:19] | Who we’ve never met! Don’t talk at me as though I’ve never seen a war! | 别跟我说好像我没打过仗似的 |
[24:26] | Not a war like this | 没打过这样的仗 |
[24:29] | They said that about the War of Secession and the Indian wars | 报纸在内战及印第安人战争时 |
[24:33] | They say it to sell newspapers | 均这样说才会有销路 |
[24:35] | These are not the Indian wars | 这不是印地安人的战争 |
[24:37] | We’re fighting against naked aggression! | 我们是为阻止侵略而战 |
[24:39] | There will be no more talk of wars in this house! Damn it! | 别再在这儿谈战争 混蛋 |
[24:45] | I’m sorry, Susannah | 对不起 苏珊 |
[24:50] | I’m going to Canada to enlist | 我会到加拿大从军 |
[24:57] | I’m going with him | 我跟他去 |
[25:11] | I’m sorry, my love | 对不起 |
[25:13] | I meant to speak to you tonight | 我打算今晚对你说 |
[25:15] | I know you’ll understand It’s the only honorable thing to do | 我知道你会明白这是件光荣的事 |
[25:31] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[25:32] | It’s a book my father wrote | 是我父亲写的书… |
[25:36] | to try to convince the government to alter their policies | 企图说服政府改变对达科塔州… |
[25:40] | towards the Indians in the Dakotas | 印第安人的政策 |
[25:45] | Samuel won’t change his mind | 山莫不肯改变主意 |
[25:47] | Change it for him | 说服他改变吧 |
[25:58] | What happened between them? | 他们之间怎么了? |
[26:02] | Father says she never liked it here | 父亲说她从不曾喜欢这儿 |
[26:06] | I think they loved mostly the idea of each other | 我看他们深爱的是彼此的意念 |
[26:21] | Don’t let him go | 别让他去 |
[26:26] | I’ll take care of him | 我会保护他的 |
[27:29] | October 14, 1914 | 一九一四年十月十四日 |
[27:32] | My dear Isabel: | 亲爱的伊莎贝儿: |
[27:34] | Today our sons are leaving home | 今天我们的儿子离乡背井… |
[27:37] | to defend an England they have never seen | 去悍卫他们从没见过的英格兰 |
[27:41] | I am unable to stop them | 我无法阻止他们 |
[27:48] | I have tried to shelter our sons from all the madness | 我设法不让孩子接近杀戮 |
[27:54] | and now they go to seek it | 现在他们却去寻找它 |
[28:50] | Be careful | 保重 艾佛瑞 |
[29:15] | You don’t have to go | 你不必去的 |
[29:59] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[30:05] | Good-bye | 再见 |
[30:08] | Don’t worry, Father | 放心 爸爸 |
[30:11] | Take care | 现在起保重 |
[30:15] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[30:20] | I’ll bring you the Kaiser’s helmet | 我把国王的头盔带回来给你 |
[30:22] | Bring yourself back That would please me more | 你安然回来我会更高兴 |
[30:26] | Yes, sir | 是的 |
[30:36] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[30:47] | – Take care of Samuel | 照顾山莫 |
[30:48] | – I will | 我会的 |
[31:48] | “Ride with them to Calgary | 骑马陪他们到卡尔加利 |
[31:52] | Bring back the horses ‘” | 再把马带回来 |
[31:54] | “Damn fools, ‘”he called them | 他称他们是”可恶的笨蛋” |
[31:57] | “Damn fools, ‘” | “可恶的笨蛋” |
[31:59] | The Colonel | 上校… |
[32:01] | would not have his sons ride off to war on old nags | 不会让儿子骑老马去打仗… |
[32:06] | damn fools or not | 不管笨与否 |
[32:26] | Let’s join them | 和他们一起吃吧 |
[32:29] | Bring your plate | 拿着你的盘子 |
[32:34] | He’ll be back | 他会回来的 |
[32:37] | May we join you? | 我们可和你们一起吗? |
[32:38] | Sit down | 坐下 |
[32:40] | Feeling lonely in there | 在饭厅怪冷清的 |
[32:42] | Sit here | 坐在这儿 |
[32:47] | What’s her name, Two? | 它叫什么名字? |
[32:48] | Lady | 小姐 |
[32:49] | Lady | 小姐? |
[32:50] | Tristan’s Lady | 崔斯汀的小姐 |
[32:52] | In the story, Tristan’s lady was Isolde | 故事中崔斯汀的小姐是以苏德 |
[32:54] | – Do you know who Isolde was? – No | 你知道以苏德是谁吗? 不 |
[32:59] | Your daughter needs an education | 德加 你女儿要受教育 |
[33:03] | She can read and write, Colonel | 她可看书写字 |
[33:05] | School might be awkward for her | 上学校她会很窘困的 |
[33:07] | – I’ll teach her myself | 不 不!我可亲自教她 |
[33:09] | – May I help? | 我可帮忙吗? |
[33:13] | Yeah I’ll teach her history and mathematics | 我教她历史和数学… |
[33:15] | With your permission, Decker, | 当然要得到你的同意 |
[33:17] | and yours, Pet | 和你的同意 柏 |
[33:20] | What do you think? | 你认为怎样? |
[33:28] | What will she do with all this education? | 她受教育又会怎样? |
[33:30] | She’ll live a richer, fuller life, of course | 生命会更充实美满 |
[33:35] | She’s a half-breed | 她是混血儿 |
[33:37] | Not in this house | 但在这屋子里不是 |
[33:39] | – Tristan calls me a half-breed | 崔斯汀说我是的 |
[33:40] | – Tristan calls you a half-breed? | 崔斯汀叫你做混血儿? |
[33:42] | He says I’m half gopher and half hawk | 他说我是半地鼠半鹰的 |
[33:51] | – After her chores – Yeah | 她工作完后你可教她 |
[33:53] | – To us all | 为我们干杯 |
[33:56] | – To you, sir | 为你干杯 |
[33:57] | – And miss | 小姐 |
[33:59] | – And to the boys | 为孩子们干杯 |
[34:02] | And the boys | 为孩子们干杯 |
[34:28] | Get back to your unit | 崔斯汀 回到你的部队 |
[34:31] | Those boys are boring I’d rather have you watching my back | 他们很无聊 我情愿有你保护我 |
[34:40] | Now, mate | 现在 上 |
[34:55] | Now | 上! |
[35:03] | February 3, 1915 | 一九一五年二月三日 |
[35:06] | Dear Susannah: | 亲爱的苏珊: |
[35:08] | The horror of this place is indescribable | 这儿的恐怖情形笔墨难以形容 |
[35:13] | Nothing is as I thought it would be | 情况和我所想的截然不同 |
[35:16] | Keep your distance! Keep your spacing! | 别太接近 |
[35:19] | Tonight, as I prayed for the souls of those who’ve died so terribly yet so bravely | 今晚我为英勇惨死的人祈祷 |
[35:24] | I admit that I also prayed for personal glory | 我承认亦为个人的荣誉祈祷 |
[35:27] | Is that wrong to want to distinguish myself gloriously | 想在战斗中像父亲那样… |
[35:30] | in combat as my father did? | 脱颖而出是错误的吗? |
[35:33] | Tristan and Alfred watch over me so carefully | 而在此哥哥们小心守着我… |
[35:35] | I may never get the opportunity | 我可能永远没机会 |
[35:46] | Charge! | 冲啊 |
[35:51] | Alfred! Are you all right? | 艾佛瑞 你没事吧 |
[36:01] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[36:02] | Goddamn it! | 该死! |
[36:05] | – Are you hit? – It’s just a scratch | 你受伤了 擦伤而已 |
[36:13] | Susannah, | 苏珊 |
[36:14] | I see now not that my father was right, | 我现在才明白 不是爸说得对 |
[36:16] | but that I was naive | 只是我天真而已 |
[36:18] | – Let me up, damn it! – Stay down! | 让我起来! 伏下! |
[36:22] | Fall back! | 撤退 |
[36:24] | Still, we place our bodies in God’s keeping | 我们把身体交托给神 |
[36:27] | We go into battle honorably | 我们光荣地作战… |
[36:29] | full of confidence | 充满信心 |
[36:30] | with His name on our lips | 嘴边常念它的名字 |
[36:32] | – We’re pinned here – We’ll wait | 我们被困了 我们等候! |
[36:49] | – Give him a hand – Help him down | 帮助他 |
[37:24] | Goddamn | 你还好吧 |
[37:29] | Yes | 还好 |
[37:31] | Susannah: | 苏珊 |
[37:34] | I try to guard against despair | 我不想绝望… |
[37:35] | but there are moments when it seems that all human decency is broken down | 但有时候人的礼貌似乎并不存在 |
[37:40] | Alfred will recover from his wounds but he and Tristan seem | 艾佛瑞伤瘉但和崔斯汀距离拉远 |
[37:45] | to have drifted apart, or worse | 或是更糟 |
[37:46] | I cannot understand it | 我无法明白 |
[37:49] | I miss you more than you can imagine | 我比你想像中的更思念你 |
[37:52] | You are all that is clean and cool and pure | 你是那么清纯冷静 |
[37:57] | I close my eyes and fix my thoughts on you | 我闭上眼便想起你 |
[38:00] | I now regret that we listened to everyone and agreed to wait to marry | 遗憾的是我们听人说要到婚后 |
[38:05] | Even more, I regret that I left before we could be together | 我后悔没有在出发前和你燕好… |
[38:07] | as we planned, my beloved | 一如我们计划中那样 爱人 |
[38:12] | Please stay on at the ranch and wait for me | 请你留在牧场等我 |
[38:15] | Don’t let Father worry | 别让父亲担心 |
[38:18] | I know God’s mercy will protect me | 我知道神会保护我的… |
[38:21] | aided considerably by Tristan | 何况还有崔斯汀在旁协助… |
[38:23] | who seems to be in France less to fight the Germans than to act as a nursemaid to me | 他似乎照顾我甚于和德军作战 |
[38:29] | Be well, my love | 保重 我的爱人 |
[38:32] | Your own, Samuel | 你的山莫 |
[38:36] | Captain needs me to translate this before tonight’s reconnaissance | 今晚侦察前我要把这个翻译好 |
[38:39] | – Alfred will want to see you – I’ll be there | 艾佛瑞想见你 |
[38:41] | – Yeah? | 我会去的 |
[38:42] | – Go on | 去吧 |
[39:04] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[39:06] | Where’s Samuel? | 山莫呢? |
[39:10] | Boy, that’s a good one | 艾佛瑞 你伤的很重 |
[39:13] | – Vino? – Put that away | 喝酒? 拿开 |
[39:20] | – They said you’ll get a medal – Yes | 他们说你会拿勋章 是的 |
[39:23] | – They’re sending me home | 他们会送我回国 |
[39:26] | – I’m glad for you | 我替你高兴 |
[39:27] | I’m an officer I belong with my men | 我是军官 该和部下一起的 |
[39:30] | Horseshit | 胡说 |
[39:31] | What’s left of them | 士兵伤亡惨重 |
[39:32] | MacKenzie was just brought in His leg’s turned bad | 崔斯汀 麦肯西腿伤恶化 |
[39:37] | – He said… – What? | 他说… |
[39:39] | – He said… – What? | 什么? |
[39:41] | What is it? | 他说什么 说啊!什么事 |
[39:43] | He said your brother volunteered to take his place | 他说你弟弟自愿取代他 |
[39:45] | on the reconnaissance with the Capitan | 去前线侦察 |
[39:48] | Goddamn it! I told you to stay with him! | 可恶!我早说过你要看着他 |
[41:37] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[41:46] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[41:48] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[41:51] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:04] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:06] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:11] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:23] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:25] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:26] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:28] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:30] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:31] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:32] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:34] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:35] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:37] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:40] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:42] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:43] | – I’m here! | 我在这儿 |
[42:45] | – Where? I can’t see Samuel | 我看不见 山莫 |
[42:48] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:49] | I can’t move! | 我不能动 |
[42:51] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:52] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:53] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[42:54] | I’m coming! Tristan | 我来了 崔斯汀 |
[42:58] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[42:59] | No | 不 |
[43:05] | No | 不 |
[43:09] | No! | 不! |
[43:15] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[43:16] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[43:20] | I got you now | 我抱着你 |
[43:24] | I got you | 你没事的 |
[43:27] | You’re doing good | 你没事的 |
[43:29] | We’re going home | 我们回家去 |
[43:40] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[43:43] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[43:48] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[44:04] | God, no! | 不!不! |
[44:06] | No | 不 |
[44:49] | Goddamn you, God! | 上帝 你该死! |
[44:53] | Goddamn you, God! | 上帝 你该死! |
[46:52] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[46:56] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[47:00] | Tristan, it’s me | 崔斯汀 是我 |
[47:07] | March 20, 1915 | 一九一五年三月二十日 |
[47:11] | Dear Father and Susannah: | 亲爱的父亲及苏珊: |
[47:13] | I am being discharged from the Army, but I cannot come home yet | 我从军队退役但我还不能回来 |
[47:18] | I will write to Grandfather Ludlow in Cornwall and ask him to let me join him and go to sea | 我央求爷爷让我跟他出海 |
[47:24] | As for our beloved Samuel | 至于我们亲爱的山莫… |
[47:27] | all I can send home is his heart | 我只能送他的心回故乡 |
[47:29] | Alfred will bring it back | 艾佛瑞会把他带回来 |
[47:33] | He should be buried up in the box canyon | 你知道该把他葬在山莫所爱之地 |
[47:37] | where he used to draw the birds | 就是那三面环山的峡谷上 |
[47:40] | Your son, Tristan | 你的儿子 崔斯汀 |
[48:00] | He certainly was the best of all of us, | 他是我们家中最好的一个… |
[48:03] | wasn’t he? | 不是吗? |
[48:10] | Good night | 晚安 |
[48:12] | Good night | 晚安 |
[48:13] | Good night father | 晚安 爸爸 |
[48:21] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[48:27] | What you saw before Samuel left… | 山莫离家前夕你所看见的… |
[48:31] | Please, don’t… | 求你别说了 |
[48:34] | No, I want to | 不 我想说 |
[48:42] | It is Samuel I loved | 我爱的是山莫 |
[48:46] | All right | 好吧 |
[48:54] | Tristan will be back someday | 崔斯汀终有一天会回来的 |
[49:00] | Your father will be pleased | 你父亲会感到高兴 |
[49:08] | Susannah was to return to Boston on the morning train | 苏珊想坐早上的火车回波士顿 |
[49:12] | but a norther blew for three days | 但北风连刮了三天 |
[49:15] | and drifted over the tracks | 把铁路给冰封了 |
[49:18] | The Colonel insisted she stay on until spring | 上校坚持她留至春天再走 |
[49:24] | The house was too empty, he said | 他说:房子里太空荡了 |
[49:28] | This was still her home, he told her | 他对她说:这里仍是她的家 |
[49:34] | He should have let her go | 他该让她走的 |
[49:37] | But how could he have known what would happen? | 但他又怎知道会发生什么事呢? |
[49:45] | She was not to blame | 不该怪她的 |
[49:48] | She was like the water that freezes in the rock | 她像似石头中结了冰的水… |
[49:52] | and splits it apart | 把石头分开了 |
[49:56] | It was no more her fault than it is the fault of the water | 这不是她的错 也不是水的错… |
[50:00] | when the rock shatters | 但石头终究是分裂了 |
[50:07] | Susannah | 苏珊 |
[50:14] | You know how much l… | 你知道我有多… |
[50:17] | You know how much I loved Samuel | 你知道我多疼爱山莫 |
[50:20] | And I think | 我认为… |
[50:22] | you know… | 你知道… |
[50:33] | Out of respect for him, I wanted to say it in this place | 为了尊重他 我想在这儿说 |
[50:36] | I think you know that | 我认为你知道… |
[50:41] | I’m in love with you | 我爱上了你 |
[50:46] | From the first moment I saw you | 从我第一眼看见你时… |
[50:49] | like in a novel | 像小说那样 |
[50:57] | That’s my mother’s overblown romantic imagination coming out in me | 也许是母亲的浪漫思想影响了我 |
[51:11] | You’re not making this very easy for me | 你使我很难启口 苏珊 |
[51:14] | Sorry | 对不起 |
[51:17] | Is there any hope that you could learn to love me? | 是否有希望你能学会去爱我呢? |
[51:23] | Not the way you love Samuel, of course | 当然不像你爱山莫那样 可是… |
[51:28] | but enough to… | 足以… |
[51:32] | Susannah | 苏珊 |
[51:34] | We could make a life together | 我们可一起生活 |
[51:37] | A happy life | 快乐的生活 |
[51:44] | I don’t think so | 我不这么认为 艾佛瑞 |
[51:50] | Sounds like you’re not sure, though Maybe there’s a chance? | 你并不能肯定 也许会有机会 |
[52:00] | – What? | 什么? |
[52:02] | – I can only cause you pain, Alfred | 我只会使你痛苦 |
[52:07] | Why don’t you let me be the judge of that? | 你应让我来决定的 好吗? |
[52:20] | I didn’t break it, but I can fix it | 不是我弄破的 但我可修补 |
[52:22] | I can put the damn wheel back on and take it off myself Go take a nap | 我可把轮子拆下来再装回去 |
[52:38] | captain | 上校 |
[52:41] | – What? | 什么? |
[52:42] | – Look! | 看 |
[53:29] | I’m going into town if… | 苏珊 我进城去 如果… |
[54:15] | Welcome home, son | 欢迎你回家 |
[55:25] | Oh ! my god | 喔!上帝 |
[55:30] | I couldn’t save him | 我无法救他 |
[55:33] | Of course you couldn’t | 你当然没办法 |
[55:42] | I couldn’t save him | 我无法救他 |
[55:47] | It’s all right | 好了 |
[56:17] | Have a nice ride today? | 今天骑马开心吗? |
[56:32] | Excuse me, Father | 失陪了 爸爸 |
[56:52] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[56:55] | Tristan, please | 崔斯汀 等一等 |
[58:03] | When are you planning to be married? | 你们打算何时结婚? |
[58:06] | Good morning | 早安 |
[58:13] | Damn you | 你该死 崔斯汀 |
[58:15] | You will marry her | 你会娶她 |
[58:18] | – Make an honest woman of her? | 保持她的贞节? |
[58:19] | – Yes! | 对! |
[58:23] | God damn you to hell | 你去死吧 |
[58:27] | Yes, I will marry her, if she’ll have me | 若她答应 我会和她结婚 |
[58:30] | If she’ll have you? | 若她答应你? |
[58:36] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗? |
[58:40] | Or did you seduce her just to spite me? | 还是你为使我丢脸而引诱她? |
[58:44] | That’s not what I did | 我没有 |
[58:46] | – What about Samuel? | 山莫怎样? |
[58:48] | – What? | 山莫怎样? |
[58:49] | You tell me about Samuel | 把山莫的事对我说 |
[58:51] | We all loved Samuel Samuel is dead What? | 我们均爱山莫 山莫死了 |
[58:54] | How convenient for you | 你倒说得轻松 |
[58:58] | Because you love her, I will forgive you for that | 因为你爱她我就原谅你 一次 |
[59:02] | Once You say that again, and we’re not brothers | 你再这样说我们便不再是兄弟 |
[59:08] | Once! | 只此一次 |
[59:13] | You know you can’t make her happy | 崔斯汀 你知道你不能使她快乐 |
[59:16] | I’m gonna try | 我会尝试 |
[59:20] | You will fail | 你会失败的 |
[59:36] | I’ll be leaving today | 我今天便离去 |
[59:41] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[59:49] | I wish you both all the best | 我真心祝福你们两人 |
[1:00:00] | – Good-bye, son | 再见 儿子 再见 |
[1:00:01] | – Wish me luck Good luck | 祝我好运吧 祝你好运 |
[1:00:32] | September 7, 1915 | 一九一五年九月七日 |
[1:00:35] | Dearest Mother: | 亲爱的母亲: |
[1:00:37] | I think I may have found my place in this world | 我也许已在世上找到立足点了 |
[1:00:42] | Helena is a city turned modern overnight | 海伦纳是一个夜间现代化的城市 |
[1:00:46] | bursting with all the energy and vitality of our times | 充满了活力和冲劲 |
[1:00:52] | I feel alive here | 我在这儿感到生气蓬勃 |
[1:01:02] | There is much opportunity for anyone willing to dedicate himself to his labors | 付出努力的人有机会出人头地 |
[1:01:07] | Already, I have acquired a reputation for honesty and fair dealing | 我因诚实和公平交易闯出名堂 |
[1:01:12] | and I am pleased to call some of Helena’s most influential citizens | 市内最有影响力的人 |
[1:01:17] | my friends | 均是我的朋友 |
[1:01:19] | They are determined to see this city grow, as am I We’re proud of you | 他们决定要发展这儿 我也是 |
[1:01:28] | Mother, thank you for your kind letter | 妈 多谢你的来信 |
[1:01:31] | You knew my hopes | 你知道我的愿望 |
[1:01:33] | That you understand my disappointment | 你能了解我的失望 |
[1:01:36] | is a great comfort to me | 是我极大的安慰 |
[1:01:39] | Every night I pray for the grace to forgive Tristan | 每晚我祈求主原谅崔斯汀 |
[1:01:44] | I know you understand | 我知道你明白 |
[1:01:46] | Your loving son, Alfred | 爱儿艾佛瑞 敬上 |
[1:02:46] | Quit it! Quit it! | 安静 安静 |
[1:03:04] | Goddamn it! | 可恶! |
[1:03:15] | Goddamn it! | 可恶! |
[1:03:37] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:03:42] | If we have a boy, | 若我们生男孩… |
[1:03:44] | I’d like to call him Samuel | 便给他取名叫山莫 |
[1:03:47] | And if it’s a girl, Isabel | 若是女的便叫伊莎贝儿 |
[1:03:53] | I’ll still love you | 我仍会爱你 |
[1:03:56] | You’ll tolerate me because of how much I love you | 你要容忍我因你知道我有多爱你 |
[1:04:05] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:04:14] | Nothing | 没什么 |
[1:04:29] | I heard from your mother | 我听说你母亲… |
[1:04:31] | She says Alfred has hooked up with those damn O’Banion brothers | 来信说艾佛瑞和柯氏兄弟合作 |
[1:04:36] | – He’s doing well | 她说他经济上很有基础 |
[1:04:39] | – Alfred’s gonna do well wherever he is | 他无论到那里都会有成就的 |
[1:04:42] | – Except here with us | 除了在这儿 |
[1:04:44] | – That’s my fault – I didn’t say that | 是我的错 我没这样说 |
[1:04:47] | – Couldn’t save Samuel either, could I? | 我也无法救山莫 |
[1:04:49] | Don’t you dare say that That was in God’s hands | 你别这样说 那应由神来决定 |
[1:04:54] | Was it? | 是吗? |
[1:04:58] | Colonel! | 上校 |
[1:04:59] | Lost a couple calves near Camas Canyon – Might be a grizzly | 峡谷不见羊 可能给灰熊吃掉了 |
[1:05:03] | – My grizzly? | 我那头灰熊? |
[1:05:20] | – You take him, Tristan | 杀了它 崔斯汀 |
[1:05:21] | – Damn right I will | 我会的 |
[1:05:43] | I don’t know why Tristan did not kill that damn old bear | 我不知道崔斯汀为何不杀那头熊 |
[1:05:48] | The Old Ones say: | 长老说: |
[1:05:50] | “When a man and an animal have spilled each other’s blood | 当人和野兽互相使对方流血… |
[1:05:55] | they become one ‘” | 他们便合为一体了 |
[1:05:58] | I said four beers, Mr. Sachtleben | 我要四杯啤酒 |
[1:05:58] | I said four beers, Mr. Sachtleben | 我要四杯啤酒 |
[1:06:01] | And I said no Indians | 我不招持印第安人 |
[1:06:06] | – He’s quite civilized, I assure you | 他是有文明教养的 我保证 |
[1:06:08] | – Yeah? – Give him a beer | 是吗? 是的 给他酒 |
[1:06:10] | – Stay out of it – My father said four | 你别插手 我父亲说四杯 |
[1:06:13] | – He heard me | 他听到了 |
[1:06:14] | We’re about to reach an understanding | 我们要说个清楚… |
[1:06:16] | Just give him a goddamn beer! | 给他啤酒! |
[1:06:18] | Stay out of it! | 崔斯汀 你别生事 |
[1:06:21] | Damn you | 你该死! |
[1:06:23] | You’re a damn fool | 你是个笨蛋… |
[1:06:24] | You’re spoiling for a fight with a man who outweighs you | 竟和个子比你大的人争吵 |
[1:06:28] | As we speak, he’s searching for some kind of a weapon Isn’t that right? | 他正在找武器 我向你保证 |
[1:06:32] | To split your stupid skull and kill you and good riddance | 打破你的头 杀了你也不足惜 |
[1:06:36] | Leave it! | 别再这样! |
[1:06:39] | – Yes, sir? – I want four beers, now | 我要四杯啤酒 |
[1:06:44] | The lousy owner says he doesn’t want to serve Indians | 店主说他不想招持印第安人 |
[1:06:52] | Get back | 退后 |
[1:06:55] | Do you see this man? | 你看见这人吗? |
[1:06:57] | Do you? | 看见吗? |
[1:06:59] | His name is One Stab | 他叫”一刀” |
[1:07:01] | He’s a venerated elder of the Cree and has | 他是受尊敬的克里族长老 |
[1:07:03] | counted coup on hundreds of his enemies | 他割下无数敌人的头皮 |
[1:07:06] | He is our friend He’s thirsty | 他是我们的朋友 他口渴 |
[1:07:35] | I think it was the bear’s voice he heard deep inside him | 我认为他听到内心的灰熊声音… |
[1:07:41] | growling low | 静静的在咆哮… |
[1:07:43] | of dark, secret places | 在黑暗 隐蔽的地方 |
[1:09:30] | Were you going to say good-bye? | 你没打算说再见吗? |
[1:09:36] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:09:44] | How long will you be gone? | 你会离开多久 |
[1:09:48] | Not long A few months | 不会很长 几个月 |
[1:09:56] | I can make it better for you | 我可使你好过一点 |
[1:10:00] | Is it? | 是吗? |
[1:10:05] | If we’d had a child | 若我们有孩子… |
[1:10:11] | or if I were pregnant, would you still go? | 若我有孕 你仍会离去吗? |
[1:10:17] | Yes | 会 |
[1:10:20] | Just give me a chance | 给我一个机会 |
[1:10:23] | Don’t do that | 别这样 |
[1:10:31] | Look at me | 望着我 |
[1:10:38] | Please, look at me | 请你望着我 |
[1:10:53] | I’ll wait for you | 我会等你… |
[1:10:57] | However long it takes | 不管你离开多久 |
[1:11:04] | I’ll wait for you forever | 我会永远等你 |
[1:11:26] | Will he come back? | 他会回来吗? |
[1:11:29] | I don’t know I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[1:11:37] | Stab says yes | “一刀”说他会 |
[1:12:20] | April 20, 1918 | 一九一八年四月二十日 |
[1:12:22] | Dear Tristan: | 亲爱的崔斯汀: |
[1:12:24] | It has been months now, and still no word | 已过了数月 你音讯全无 |
[1:12:29] | The only sign that you are alive | 你活着的唯一证据… |
[1:12:31] | is a tattered parcel that arrived today from New Guinea | 是你寄自新几内亚的破烂货品 |
[1:12:36] | covered with strange writing | 上面写着些奇怪的文字… |
[1:12:38] | and containing what appears to be a native bracelet | 里面装着看来是土著的手链 |
[1:12:43] | Meant for me, I presume | 我猜那是给我的吧 |
[1:12:45] | But perhaps not | 也许不是 |
[1:12:48] | Do you still care to know what is happening here? | 你是否仍关心这儿发生的事 |
[1:12:52] | Cattle prices continue to fall | 牲口的价格继续下滑… |
[1:12:55] | and winter seems never ending | 冬天似乎没完没了 |
[1:13:01] | Why don’t you write? | 你为何不写信呢? |
[1:13:05] | Are you never coming back and afraid to tell me? | 你是否害怕说你不会回来? |
[1:13:12] | Alfred continues to do well | 艾佛瑞仍干得有生有色 |
[1:13:16] | His business has expanded to include financial concerns in Chicago | 他的生意甚至扩展到… |
[1:13:19] | and Washington | 芝加哥和华盛顿… |
[1:13:21] | I don’t pretend to understand | 这些事情我亦弄不明白 |
[1:13:23] | He wants us to send Isabel Two | 他想让小伊莎贝儿 |
[1:13:25] | to boarding school in Chicago | 到芝城念寄宿学校 |
[1:13:27] | but she adamantly refuses to leave the ranch | 但她不想离开牧场 |
[1:13:30] | I think she, too, is waiting for you | 我认为她亦在等你 |
[1:13:34] | I have nowhere to send this letter | 崔斯汀我不知该把信寄到那里去 |
[1:13:38] | and no reason to believe you wish to receive it | 亦知道你不想收到这封信 |
[1:13:48] | I write it only for myself | 我只是为自己而写 |
[1:13:52] | I will hide it away with all the things | 我会把它收藏起来… |
[1:13:55] | left unsaid and undone between us | 和我们之间未了结的事放在一起 |
[1:14:06] | December 12, 1919 | 一九一九年十二月十二日 |
[1:14:09] | Dear Susannah: | 亲爱的苏珊: |
[1:14:12] | I have become a hunter | 我已成了猎人 |
[1:14:21] | Tell Stab there are creatures here | 告诉”一刀”这儿的动物 |
[1:14:23] | that cannot even be found in books | 是书本所没有的 |
[1:14:28] | I have killed them all | 我把它们全杀了 |
[1:14:50] | All we had is dead | 苏珊 我们之间已完了 |
[1:14:55] | As I am dead | 就当我死了 |
[1:14:58] | Marry another | 你另嫁吧 |
[1:15:15] | Colonel, it looks like we’ve got company | 上校 看来有客人了 |
[1:15:37] | – I have come to ask for your blessing | 爸爸 我来此是请求你允准的 |
[1:15:41] | – My blessing? | 允准? |
[1:15:42] | You see, these gentlemen and… | 这几位先生… |
[1:15:44] | And a great many others, I might add | 和另外许多人 |
[1:15:47] | They’re urging me to run for office | 他们促请我竞选 |
[1:15:50] | – What office? | 什么竞选? |
[1:15:51] | – The United States Congress | 美国国会议员 |
[1:15:53] | That’s how highly we think of your son | 我们对令郞非常倚重 |
[1:15:57] | Alfred…… | 艾佛瑞… |
[1:16:03] | And what do you gentlemen hope to get out of this? | 你们想从中得到些什么? |
[1:16:09] | I beg your pardon? | 什么意思?上校 |
[1:16:11] | I’ve spoken plain English, sir What do you want for yourselves? | 我说的是英语 你们想得到什么 |
[1:16:15] | Father, I don’t think that these gentlemen… | 爸爸我不认为他们… |
[1:16:17] | Didn’t you ask that question or do you believe these gentlemen | 是你要求还是你认为他们会出于 |
[1:16:21] | back you out of patriotic duty and your inestimable worth? | 爱国及你的价值而支持你? |
[1:16:25] | You forget yourself, Father I am no longer a child | 你忘了我不再是个孩子 |
[1:16:28] | Colonel, the Congress… | 上校 国会… |
[1:16:30] | Congress is government, sir | 国会就是政府 |
[1:16:31] | I worked for the government once | 我亦曾替政府服务 |
[1:16:33] | The issues that we… | 问题是我们… |
[1:16:34] | Indians! Indians were | 印第安人! |
[1:16:36] | the issue in those days | 印第安人是那时的问题 |
[1:16:40] | There is nothing so grotesque as the meeting of a child with a bullet | 孩子们给子弹射杀是极丑恶的事 |
[1:16:45] | or an entire village slaughtered while sleeping | 整条村子的人熟睡时给杀光了… |
[1:16:48] | That was the government’s resolution of that particular issue | 政府用这方法去解决问题 |
[1:16:51] | I’ve seen nothing since then to persuade me it’s gained | 我看不出使我信服政府的地方 |
[1:16:55] | in wisdom, common sense or humanity | 我无法从中得到智慧、常识或人性 |
[1:16:59] | Gentlemen, | 各位… |
[1:17:02] | my father, for whom I have the deepest respect | 我极为尊重的父亲… |
[1:17:05] | says that the government has neither wisdom nor humanity | 说政府既没智慧也没人性 |
[1:17:10] | I will then consider it my absolute duty as my father’s son | 作为他的儿子的我绝对有责任… |
[1:17:15] | to bring both wisdom and humanity | 引进智慧及人性… |
[1:17:18] | to the United States Congress | 到美国国会去 |
[1:17:22] | I thank you for your blessing | 多谢你的允准 爸爸 |
[1:17:25] | Gentlemen | 各位… |
[1:17:39] | – Gentlemen, wait for me in the cars | 各位 你们到车上等我 |
[1:17:42] | – Yes Certainly | 好的 |
[1:17:53] | Susannah | 苏珊 |
[1:17:58] | Are you all right? What’s wrong? | 你没事吧? |
[1:18:08] | “All we had is dead As I am dead” | “我们之间完了 就当我死了” |
[1:18:18] | I don’t know what to say | 我不知该怎么说? |
[1:18:21] | Tristan’s always been wild | 崔斯汀一向狂放不拘 |
[1:18:25] | – You love him for that | 你爱他这样子 |
[1:18:27] | – Do I? | 我是吗? |
[1:18:33] | I suppose I do | 是的 我猜是的 |
[1:18:35] | Susannah | 苏珊 |
[1:18:37] | He does love you | 他是爱你的 |
[1:18:42] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[1:18:44] | She’s to be your brother’s wife | 她将是你的弟妇 |
[1:18:49] | Yes, | 是的 |
[1:18:51] | though you better remind him of that fact | 但你最好将事实提醒他 |
[1:18:54] | He’s not here to defend himself | 他不在这儿悍卫自己 |
[1:18:55] | No, but I see you are here to defend him and what is his | 但我看见你悍卫他和他的东西… |
[1:19:00] | even though he’s abandoned her and you | 虽然他已放弃了她和你 |
[1:19:04] | I won’t even speak of who else he abandoned | 我甚至不愿说他还放弃了谁 |
[1:19:07] | Damn you, boy | 你该死 |
[1:19:09] | Don’t you blame my son for Samuel’s death! | 别把山莫的死怪罪我儿子 |
[1:19:12] | Samuel chose to be a soldier, and soldiers die | 山莫选择当军人 军人会死… |
[1:19:15] | sent to their slaughter by men in government Parasites like you! | 政府的人要他们去送死 |
[1:19:19] | Damn and blast you! | 你这种寄生虫该死! |
[1:19:22] | Damn you | 你该死! |
[1:19:23] | And damn you too! | 你也该死! |
[1:19:24] | Shut your mouth Leave her out of this! | 住口!此事和她无关 |
[1:19:27] | Get out of my house and get off my land | 你离开我的房子和我的土地 |
[1:19:29] | Why? Because I want to serve my country as you did? | 为什么?因我像你那样为国服务 |
[1:19:33] | Or because, like you, I love a woman who doesn’t love me? | 或是像你那样爱上不爱我的女人 |
[1:19:37] | He used her and deserted her, your darling Tristan | 他利用她后舍弃她 你那崔斯汀 |
[1:19:41] | Alfred, don’t Please | 艾佛瑞 别说了 |
[1:19:42] | I loved her! | 我爱过她! |
[1:19:46] | I love her still | 我仍爱她 |
[1:19:52] | He stole her from me If you want to know the truth | 他从我手上夺去她 事实上… |
[1:19:55] | he stole her from Samuel before the war | 他在战前已从山莫手上夺去她 |
[1:19:58] | God help me, I’ll kill you | 上帝助我 我会宰了你 |
[1:20:02] | Here | 拿着 |
[1:20:05] | Read your darling Tristan’s letter | 读读你那亲爱的崔斯汀的信吧 |
[1:20:11] | Susannah | 苏珊 |
[1:20:14] | You deserve to be happy | 你该得到幸福的 |
[1:20:45] | Late that night we found | 那晚深夜时… |
[1:20:46] | the Colonel on the floor beside a cold fire | 我们发现上校躺在炉火旁边 |
[1:20:52] | He could not move | 不能动弹 |
[1:20:55] | His hair turned white overnight | 他一夜之间头发白了 |
[1:20:58] | and he became an old man | 变成老头 |
[1:21:01] | And after that, Tristan sent no more letters | 之后 崔斯汀再没写信回来 |
[1:21:07] | As the years passed by | 年复一年的过去… |
[1:21:09] | we would hear that someone had seen him on a ship | 我们听说有人看见他在船上 |
[1:21:13] | going up some river no white man had gone up before | 在从无白人足迹的河上行走 |
[1:21:18] | Stories came to us | 我们听到传闻… |
[1:21:21] | Strange stories | 一些奇怪的故事 |
[1:21:24] | And then, for years, there was nothing | 跟着的那几年…音讯全无 |
[1:21:33] | He was lost to us | 和我们完全失去联系 |
[1:21:35] | That was all we knew | 我们知道的就这么多 |
[1:21:38] | But every year, in the Moon of the Falling Leaves | 每年… |
[1:21:39] | But every year, in the Moon of the Falling Leaves | 在落叶的月份(九月) |
[1:21:42] | I would dream that the bear’s voice | 我会梦见他内心的灰熊声音… |
[1:21:45] | inside him had grown silent | 变得沉寂… |
[1:21:47] | and that Tristan might again come to live in the world | 梦见崔斯汀可能再次活在这世上 |
[1:21:52] | But then the winter would come | 但之后冬天会来到… |
[1:21:55] | And then another spring | 跟着是另一个春天 |
[1:21:58] | And still he stayed away | 而他仍没有回来 |
[1:22:31] | What the hell is he doing? | 他做什么? |
[1:22:41] | Tristan | 崔斯汀! |
[1:23:12] | Here come in come in | 这里!进来 进来 |
[1:23:15] | come in come in | 进来 进来… |
[1:23:31] | She’s a mean old bitch, but she’s yours | 她是头老母马 但她是你的了 |
[1:23:40] | Welcome home | 欢迎你回来 |
[1:23:49] | Old man! | 老爸! |
[1:23:50] | Where’s Father? | 父亲呢? |
[1:23:58] | One Stab | “一刀” |
[1:24:18] | He had a stroke some years ago | 他几年前中风 |
[1:24:20] | He can’t talk now | 现在无法说话 |
[1:24:27] | Oh, Father | 父亲 |
[1:24:41] | He wants to celebrate | 他想庆祝一下 |
[1:24:53] | I’m happy | “我高兴” |
[1:25:08] | I’m happy too | 我也是 |
[1:25:40] | Father, this is for you | 爸爸 这是给你的 |
[1:25:47] | “Colonel William Ludlow, from his son Tristan” | 鲁威廉上校 儿崔斯汀敬送 |
[1:25:52] | I didn’t know | 我不知道 |
[1:25:56] | One Stab | “一刀” |
[1:25:57] | These are boars’ tusks, made by a Javanese warrior | 这是爪哇战士造的野猪牙 |
[1:26:01] | He, too, was a great man | 他也是个了不起的人 |
[1:26:08] | Degas | 德加 |
[1:26:13] | Pad | 柏 |
[1:26:21] | I have other things for Mother and Little Izzy and Susannah | 我有礼物给母亲 小伊和苏珊 |
[1:26:32] | What is it? | 什么事? |
[1:26:35] | Say to him | 对他说 |
[1:26:38] | Say to him | 对他说 |
[1:26:43] | Alfred and Miss Susannah | 艾佛瑞和苏珊… |
[1:26:45] | were married several years ago | 几年前结了婚 |
[1:26:51] | Your brother’s a congressman now | 你哥哥现在是国会议员 |
[1:26:54] | They have a big, new place in Helena | 他们在海伦纳市有华宅 |
[1:27:02] | It’s as it should be | 事情该是这样的 |
[1:27:05] | Cattle prices dropped after the war ended | 战争结束后牲口的价格一直下滑 |
[1:27:09] | The Colonel ain’t seem to care | 上校似乎并不在意 |
[1:27:12] | He lost just about everything he had | 他的钱全亏了 |
[1:27:16] | We’ll make it back on horses or something else | 把它赚回来 我们养马把钱赚回来 |
[1:27:20] | If we have to We’ll make it back | 或靠别的东西赚钱 |
[1:27:28] | He’s saying that your brother voted for the Volstead Act | 他说艾佛瑞投票赞成禁酒法案 |
[1:27:31] | Did he? | 是吗? |
[1:27:32] | You suggesting I become a bootlegger? | 他提议我们运私酒? |
[1:27:34] | Good money in bootlegging, if you know what you’re doing | 若有门路 可赚很多钱 |
[1:27:38] | Screw the government | 去他们的 |
[1:27:40] | Screw them | 去他们的 |
[1:27:43] | Screw them | 去他们的 |
[1:27:44] | Screw them! | 去他们的 |
[1:27:45] | Screw the government | 去他政府的 |
[1:27:48] | Screw them! | 去他们的 |
[1:28:43] | Forever turned out to be too long | 永远是太长久了 崔斯汀 |
[1:28:48] | I know | 我知道 |
[1:29:00] | Here | 拿著 |
[1:29:02] | I don’t want it | 我不要 |
[1:29:12] | They told me | 他们告诉我… |
[1:29:13] | that this was magic | 这手链很神奇 |
[1:29:16] | that whoever wore it would be protected | 戴上的人会受到保护 |
[1:29:28] | Keep it | 留下吧 |
[1:29:40] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:29:48] | Don’t you want to see Alfred? | 你不想见艾佛瑞吗? |
[1:29:52] | It’s probably better that I don’t | 我不见他会比较好 |
[1:30:00] | Tell him hello | 问候他… |
[1:30:02] | and | 和… |
[1:30:03] | congratulations | 恭喜他 |
[1:30:45] | He likes you | 它喜欢你 |
[1:30:50] | Welcome home | 欢迎你回来 |
[1:30:53] | Isabel? | 伊莎贝儿? |
[1:30:58] | I want you to have him | 我把它送给你 |
[1:31:01] | I have something for you too | 我亦有东西给你 |
[1:31:04] | I brought it back | 是我带回来的 |
[1:31:07] | It’s from lerapetra | 从依拉柏特城带回来 |
[1:31:09] | – That’s in… – Crete | 那是… 克利特岛 |
[1:31:12] | – Yeah – I know where it is | 是的 我知道它在那儿 |
[1:31:14] | Your father taught me European history | 你父亲教我欧洲史 |
[1:31:19] | A little girl That’s me, right? | 当年的小女孩…就是我 |
[1:31:25] | Thank you | 多谢 崔斯汀 |
[1:31:53] | Okay, we’ll see you in a few days | 好了 很快会再见 |
[1:31:58] | Don’t wait on me I’ll be fine | 不用担心 我没事 |
[1:32:02] | It was then that | 那时候… |
[1:32:04] | Tristan came into the quiet heart of his life | 崔斯汀开始了平静的生活 |
[1:32:09] | The bear inside him was sleeping | 他内心的熊睡著了 |
[1:32:14] | It is hard to tell of happiness | 快乐地不知如何形容 |
[1:32:19] | Time goes by | 时间不知不觉地过去 |
[1:32:21] | and we feel safe too soon | 我们过早感到安心了 |
[1:32:25] | – I heard the oddest news – Yes? | 我听到奇怪的消息 是吗? |
[1:32:28] | Yes Tristan…. | 是的 崔斯汀… |
[1:32:33] | is back | 回来了 |
[1:32:37] | Yes, I know | 我知道 |
[1:32:40] | You know? | 你知道? |
[1:32:43] | How do you know? | 怎么知道的? |
[1:32:49] | I saw him | 我看见他 |
[1:32:52] | He had the audacity to come here just to see you? | 你是说他大胆无耻来此只为见你 |
[1:32:57] | He wanted to see you, but thought you’d get upset | 他想见你 但知道你会不高兴 |
[1:33:02] | He might be right | 他说的对 |
[1:33:11] | What did he… | 他说些… |
[1:33:14] | What did he say? | 他说些什么? |
[1:33:16] | He said to say hello | 他问候你… |
[1:33:18] | and congratulations | 和恭喜你 |
[1:33:24] | Silly me | 我真笨 |
[1:33:28] | He told you the news? | 他把消息对你说了? |
[1:33:31] | What do you think? | 怎样?你认为如何? |
[1:33:37] | Come on It’s perfectly absurd Marrying Isabel Two | 想不到…他将和小伊莎贝儿结婚 |
[1:33:44] | God, she’s practically our sister | 她是我们的小妹 |
[1:33:49] | She can’t be more than, what, 19? | 她还不到十九岁吧? |
[1:33:53] | Twenty | 她二十岁了 |
[1:33:54] | I can’t imagine what the hell Decker is thinking of to allow this | 我不知道德加为何会答应 |
[1:34:00] | Perhaps he’s thinking of his daughter’s happiness | 也许他为女儿的幸福著想 |
[1:34:07] | Happiness? | 幸福? |
[1:34:09] | With Tristan? | 和崔斯汀一起? |
[1:34:12] | You, of all people, should know how impossible that is | 你最清楚 这是不可能的事 |
[1:34:16] | I’m not Isabel Two | 我又不是小伊莎贝儿 |
[1:34:28] | June 2, 1921 | 一九二一年六月二日 |
[1:34:31] | Dear Tristan: | 亲爱的崔斯汀: |
[1:34:33] | I was so pleased to hear of your coming marriage | 很高兴知道你快要结婚了 |
[1:34:38] | Your father must be very happy | 你父亲一定很高兴 |
[1:34:40] | Isabel Two is like a daughter to him | 他把小伊莎贝儿视为自己的女儿 |
[1:34:44] | as she was named after your own mother | 亦以你母亲的名字给她命名 |
[1:34:48] | It seems as though it was always meant to be, doesn’t it? | 看来你们是天注良缘 是吗? |
[1:34:58] | Damnation | 该死 |
[1:36:29] | Samuel Decker Ludlow | 他叫…鲁山莫德加 |
[1:36:39] | Dearest Tristan: | 亲爱的崔斯汀: |
[1:36:44] | Alfred and I were delighted to hear of your son’s birth | 艾佛瑞和我很高兴你添了男丁 |
[1:36:47] | We hoped for a child of our own, but of that I despair | 我们希望有孩子但我看不会了 |
[1:36:52] | I know Alfred thinks of you often | 我知道艾佛瑞常想起你 |
[1:36:54] | I look forward to the day when we all might see one another again | 我希望我们有一天会再见面 |
[1:37:02] | Your son bears a proud and noble name | 你儿子的名字很高贵 骄傲 |
[1:37:04] | I know he will live up to it | 我知道他会光耀门眉的 |
[1:37:11] | Please give my love to Isabel Two | 请替我问候小伊莎贝儿… |
[1:37:14] | and to your father and everyone else | 你父亲及家中各人安好 |
[1:37:16] | Yours always, Susannah | 永远是你的…苏珊 |
[1:37:30] | Evening, gentlemen | 晚安 各位 |
[1:37:32] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:37:33] | Been meaning to talk to you about one or two things | 我们有事想跟你说 |
[1:37:36] | By all means | 好的 |
[1:37:38] | As you know perfectly well | 你清楚知道… |
[1:37:40] | we handle the liquor around here | 我们在这儿卖酒 |
[1:37:42] | Now, you’ve been a small-time operator | 你是小本经营的人 |
[1:37:46] | An amateur, frankly | 是个业余的 |
[1:37:48] | Lately, your shipments have been getting a little fat | 但近来你的批发量增加不少 |
[1:37:52] | and my patience has been getting a little thin | 我亦不能再容忍了 |
[1:37:55] | So the next time you get in our way | 所以下次你再在这儿卖酒… |
[1:37:58] | will be the last time | 便会没命 |
[1:38:01] | Excuse me | 失陪了 |
[1:38:02] | I appreciate it | 多谢提醒 |
[1:38:03] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:38:05] | Perhaps you’re wondering why you’re not dead already | 你可知道你为何到现在还没死? |
[1:38:08] | Because your brother is Congressman Ludlow | 因为你哥哥是国会议员 |
[1:38:11] | And that’s it That’s all | 是这原因 才保住了你的命 |
[1:38:20] | Kenneth Thomas | 肯尼士 汤玛斯 |
[1:38:34] | Hello! Bob, how are you? | 哈啰!巴伯 你好吗? |
[1:38:38] | Hello! Richard, ok? | 哈啰!李查 好吗? |
[1:38:46] | See you later | 等会见 |
[1:38:48] | Can’t you just say hello? | 你不能打个招呼吗? |
[1:39:03] | – Hello, Alfred | 哈啰 艾佛瑞 |
[1:39:06] | – Hello, Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:39:16] | – Who’s this young man? | 他是谁? |
[1:39:18] | – This is Samuel | 是山莫 |
[1:39:19] | – Hello | 哈啰 |
[1:39:21] | – Hello Samuel | 哈啰 山莫 |
[1:39:26] | She’s beautiful | 她很漂亮 |
[1:39:32] | Hello, isabelle son | 哈啰 伊莎贝儿 |
[1:39:34] | Let me see | 让我看看 |
[1:39:41] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[1:39:42] | – Hello | 哈啰 |
[1:39:44] | – Who is this lady? | 这位小姐是谁? |
[1:39:46] | – I’m your Aunt Susannah | 是你的苏珊阿姨 |
[1:39:51] | I used to know your Uncle Samuel who died in the war | 我认识你那战死的叔叔山莫 |
[1:39:59] | – You look like him | 你的样子像他! |
[1:40:01] | – That’s what Grandpa says | 爷爷也这么说 |
[1:40:05] | He was very brave | 他很勇敢… |
[1:40:07] | and very good | 人也很好 |
[1:40:09] | Grandpa says that too | 爷爷也这么说 |
[1:40:10] | Grandpa says I can have Uncle Samuel’s gun when I’m bigger | 爷爷说我长大了可有山莫叔的枪 |
[1:40:14] | Would you come and see it? | 你会来看吗? |
[1:40:22] | I’d love to | 我想会的… |
[1:40:25] | Sometime | 改天吧 |
[1:40:29] | – He’s a fine boy | 他是个好孩子 崔斯汀 |
[1:40:31] | – He is | 是的 |
[1:40:35] | – How is Father? | 父亲好吗? |
[1:40:38] | Well? – As well as can be expected | 他还不错 |
[1:40:42] | – I wish… | 我希望… |
[1:40:46] | – Pardon the intrusion | 抱歉打扰了 |
[1:40:49] | Excuse me We’re ready for your speech now | 对不起 艾佛瑞!快到你演讲了 |
[1:40:52] | I’ll be there in a minute | 我一会儿便来 |
[1:40:54] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[1:41:10] | – We’ll meet again soon? – I’d like that | 我们很快会再见面 好的 |
[1:41:42] | Kenny | 肯尼士 |
[1:41:46] | Watch this | 看著他 |
[1:41:54] | Go and get Tynert | 去!去找警长 |
[1:42:01] | I think you missed a bump, Stab | 你驾驶应避开那些隆起的地方 |
[1:42:22] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[1:42:23] | Sir, we have information that you’re transporting goods in violation of the Volstead Act | 我们据报说你运送违禁的货品 |
[1:42:28] | If you mean a case of Irish whiskey for my father, I am | 是给家父的一箱爱尔兰威士忌 |
[1:42:31] | Give it up | 交出来 |
[1:42:33] | He’ll be disappointed | 他会很失望 |
[1:42:41] | Isabelle son, is it serious? | 伊莎贝儿 要紧吗? |
[1:42:43] | No | 不 |
[1:42:46] | No !No ! | 不!不! |
[1:42:49] | No | 不 |
[1:43:07] | Hold him down | 制服他 |
[1:43:11] | Let’s get out of here | 我们走吧 |
[1:43:12] | – There’s an envelope in his pocket | 他口袋内有个信封 |
[1:43:15] | – Now | 走吧 |
[1:43:21] | My brother | 我哥哥… |
[1:43:23] | told you | 告诉你 |
[1:43:25] | to stay out of our way | 别再到我们的地盘 |
[1:43:32] | Put him in the car | 扶他上车 |
[1:45:13] | – I don’t want to see him | 我不会见他 |
[1:45:14] | – Father… | 爸爸 |
[1:45:15] | I don’t want to see him | 我不会见他 |
[1:45:35] | Tristan | 崔斯汀 |
[1:45:37] | I’m so very sorry | 我很难过 真的很难过 |
[1:45:46] | Father won’t see me, even now? | 爸爸即使到现在也不愿见我? |
[1:45:50] | He blames the government for Isabel’s… | 他为小伊莎贝儿的死怪罪政府 |
[1:46:02] | There’s something we have to talk about | 崔斯汀 我们有事要商谈 |
[1:46:06] | The officer you beat | 你欧打的警员… |
[1:46:08] | almost died | 差点死掉 |
[1:46:11] | Now, everyone understands | 此事大家均明白… |
[1:46:15] | but you’ll have to plead guilty serve 30 days | 但你要承认有罪 服刑三十天 |
[1:46:19] | And the one who shot his gun? | 那个开枪的人呢? |
[1:46:25] | He was | 他… |
[1:46:28] | reprimanded | 受到申诫 |
[1:46:30] | – The O’Banions? | 柯氏兄弟呢? |
[1:46:33] | – Nothing | 没受罚 |
[1:46:35] | You have to let it go | 崔斯汀 你不可怀恨于心 |
[1:46:37] | It was a terrible, tragic accident | 那是可怕的悲惨意外 |
[1:46:41] | Listen to me | 崔斯汀 听我说 |
[1:46:44] | You let this go now | 要忘掉此事 |
[1:46:47] | You got in over your head | 你要抛诸脑后 |
[1:46:54] | I’ll need a minute | 等我一会儿 |
[1:47:34] | Susannah | 苏珊 |
[1:47:37] | I’m so sorry | 我很难过 |
[1:47:41] | We all loved her | 我们均爱她 |
[1:47:47] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[1:47:50] | I’m fine | 我很好 |
[1:47:59] | We never get to see you | 我没法来看你 |
[1:48:07] | I gave a speech the other day | 那天我发表演说 |
[1:48:10] | – You did? – Yes | 是吗? |
[1:48:12] | My first public engagement | 是我第一次公开演说 |
[1:48:17] | That’s… | 那是… |
[1:48:20] | As… | 作为… |
[1:48:23] | It was on the responsibilities of women in… | 作为女人有责任去… |
[1:48:34] | It’s good to see you | 很高兴看见你 |
[1:48:51] | God | 上帝 |
[1:49:03] | I’m sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[1:49:11] | Sorry | 对不起 |
[1:49:13] | I still sometimes dream | 我有时候仍梦想… |
[1:49:16] | that I’m the mother of your children | 我是你孩子的母亲 |
[1:49:29] | I wanted her to die | 我希望她死去… |
[1:49:34] | Maybe I even wanted Samuel to die | 甚至我也想山莫死 |
[1:49:44] | You had nothing to do with Samuel’s death | 他的死和你无关 |
[1:49:47] | And you had nothing to do with Isabel’s death | 小伊莎贝儿的死亦和你无关 |
[1:49:52] | Didn’t I? | 是吗? |
[1:49:56] | Go home | 回家去 |
[1:50:01] | Go home to Alfred | 回到艾佛瑞身边 |
[1:50:27] | Mrs. Brooke | 鲁夫人 |
[1:50:29] | Where were you? | 你去了那儿? |
[1:50:32] | I just went out for a walk I needed a walk | 我…我去散步 我需要散步 |
[1:50:37] | What are you doing home? | 你为何在家? |
[1:50:38] | Your doctor rang, said you missed your appointment | 你没去看医生 |
[1:50:41] | I called home You weren’t here l… | 打电话也不在家 |
[1:50:45] | I feel very tired | 我…我感到很疲倦 |
[1:50:48] | I’m going to bed | 我需要上床睡一下 |
[1:56:41] | Your letter | 你的信 |
[1:56:59] | You have won her I am bringing her home | “你赢得她 我送她回家来了” |
[1:57:03] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[1:57:41] | I followed all the rules: | 我遵守所有的规矩 |
[1:57:45] | Man’s and God’s | 神的和人的规矩 |
[1:57:49] | And you… | 而你… |
[1:57:53] | You followed none of them | 并没守规矩 |
[1:58:01] | And they all loved you more | 他们爱你甚于爱我 |
[1:58:07] | Samuel, | 山莫 |
[1:58:09] | Father | 父亲… |
[1:58:14] | and even my own wife | 甚至是我的妻子 |
[1:58:29] | I’d like a moment alone with her | 我想单独陪她一会儿 崔斯汀 |
[1:59:17] | When Samuel died… | 山莫死时… |
[1:59:24] | When Samuel died, I cursed God | 山莫死时 我诅咒神 |
[1:59:37] | And I damn everybody around me as well as myself | 我有诅咒身边的人和我自己吗? |
[1:59:41] | No | 没有 |
[1:59:44] | You are not damned | 你没有…受诅咒 崔斯汀 |
[1:59:49] | I won’t allow that | 我不容许这样 |
[1:59:53] | You’re not damned! | 你没有受诅咒 |
[2:00:02] | Ok | 好吧 |
[2:00:06] | Ok | 好吧 |
[2:00:39] | Samuel, this is a gentleman’s gun | 这是绅士用的枪 |
[2:00:42] | It’s smaller, but it’s just as powerful | 较细小 但同样有力 |
[2:00:45] | That’s what you want when you grow up, isn’t it? A gun | 你长大后想要这种枪吗? |
[2:00:49] | Samuel | 山莫 |
[2:00:50] | Samuel, come here! | 山莫 过来 |
[2:00:59] | Run along now Go with Pet | 走吧 跟柏走开 |
[2:01:02] | Get him in the house | 到屋里去 |
[2:01:07] | He’s a fine boy | 他是个好孩子 |
[2:01:15] | You know we’re not here to arrest you | 你知道我们来不是为拘捕你 |
[2:01:34] | You take me to the woods I don’t want my boy to see | 带我到树林去别让我儿子看见 |
[2:01:38] | I don’t want my boy to see | 我不想给儿子看见 |
[2:01:41] | Let’s get on with it | 动手吧 |
[2:01:47] | – Father – Colonel Ludlow, sir | 鲁上校 |
[2:01:49] | What’s going on here? | 是怎么回事? |
[2:01:53] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事? |
[2:02:26] | No | 不 |
[2:03:15] | Hello! | 喂! |
[2:04:14] | You don’t have to be a genius to know they’ll come after you for this | 即使不是天才也知他们会来找你 |
[2:04:18] | Yeah | 是的 |
[2:04:24] | Alfred | 艾佛瑞 |
[2:04:27] | Yeah? | 是 |
[2:04:31] | I want to ask you to watch over my children | 我想请你…替我抚养孩子 |
[2:04:38] | Watch over Samuel | 照顾…山莫 |
[2:04:49] | Brother, it would be an honor | 那是我的荣幸 |
[2:05:14] | How much I wanted to take scalps | 我很想把头皮割下 |
[2:05:18] | but it was not my kill | 但杀人的不是我 |
[2:05:36] | That night, | 那天晚上… |
[2:05:38] | we buried the bodies | 我们把尸体埋了… |
[2:05:40] | and dumped the car in a deep pool in the upper Missouri | 把车扔到冰冷的密苏里河上游 |
[2:05:44] | I remember when he was a boy | 我记得他童年时… |
[2:05:47] | I thought Tristan would never live to be an old man | 我以为崔斯汀不会长寿 |
[2:05:52] | I was wrong about that | 是我错了 |
[2:05:55] | I was wrong about many things | 我有许多事情都错了 |
[2:05:59] | It was those who loved him most who died young | 疼爱他的人均英年早逝 |
[2:06:04] | He was a rock they broke themselves against | 他是石头 他和他们对冲 |
[2:06:08] | however much he tried to protect them | 不管他多希望去保护他们 |
[2:06:12] | But he had his honor | 但他有荣誉… |
[2:06:15] | and a long life | 而且长寿… |
[2:06:18] | and he saw his children grow | 他亲眼见到孩子长大成人… |
[2:06:21] | and raise their own families | 有自己的家庭 |
[2:06:27] | Tristan died in 1963 | 崔斯汀死于一九六三年… |
[2:06:30] | in the Moon of the Popping Trees | 九月…秋天月园之时 |
[2:06:34] | He was last seen up in the north country | 他最后露面的地方是在北方… |
[2:06:37] | where the hunting was still good | 那儿仍有许多待捕猎的动物 |
[2:06:40] | His grave is unmarked | 他的墓并没有记号… |
[2:06:43] | but it does not matter | 但没关系 |
[2:06:46] | He had always lived in the borderland anyway: | 反正他常活在边缘之地… |
[2:06:50] | Somewhere between this world and the other | 在今生和来世之间… |
[2:07:32] | It was a good death | 他…死得其所 |
[2:07:49] | 编剧:苏珊·西里德 比尔·威特里夫 | |
[2:07:59] | 制片:爱德华·兹威克 比尔·威特里夫 马歇尔·赫斯科维兹 | |
[2:08:33] | 高登·图托西斯 克里斯蒂娜·皮克尔斯 | |
[2:08:38] | 保罗·德斯蒙 坦图·卡丁诺 | |
[2:08:55] | 共同制片:简·巴特迈 萨拉·卡普兰 | |
[2:09:13] | 贝福佛斯公司 / 盘古公司 共同拍摄 |