| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | Breakfast, breakfast. | 吃早饭了 吃早饭了 | 
| [00:03] | In you go, in you go. | 快进去 快进去 | 
| [00:06] | Oh, James Pfaff, standardized testing day. | 詹姆斯·发福 今天标准化测验 | 
| [00:09] | Everybody eats breakfast. | 必须去吃早餐呢 | 
| [00:10] | I already ate breakfast. | 我吃过了 | 
| [00:11] | Then have an orange juice. | 那就喝杯橙汁 | 
| [00:12] | Well, I find orange juice to be the most pedestrian | 我觉得各种果汁里 | 
| [00:14] | of the major juices. | 橙汁最没劲 | 
| [00:15] | James, your voice is changing, | 詹姆斯 你要变声了 | 
| [00:16] | things are gonna get not-cute fast, okay? | 你的生活很快就不萌萌哒了 | 
| [00:18] | I’d suggest you dig deep | 所以你还是努努力 | 
| [00:20] | and find a less annoying personality. | 别每天都这么讨人厌 | 
| [00:21] | Now go do these flash cards at your table. | 去餐桌上温习一遍小卡片 | 
| [00:23] | Now go. | 去吧 | 
| [00:25] | Taking these tests pretty seriously. | 还挺拿测验当回事的 | 
| [00:28] | Did three ghosts visit you last night? | 昨晚有三个鬼魂找你吗 | 
| [00:28] | 出自查尔斯·狄更斯《圣诞颂歌》 三个鬼魂在平安夜拜访了一个吝啬鬼 改变了他 | |
| [00:29] | Yeah, well, maybe I just want my kids to score well | 也许我是想让孩子们好好学 | 
| [00:31] | so they don’t become gym teachers. | 长大别当体育老师 | 
| [00:32] | Yeah, I’m sure your commitment has nothing to do | 你对孩子们这么上心 | 
| [00:34] | with the end-of-the-year bonuses | 和跟学生成绩挂钩的年终奖金 | 
| [00:35] | that teachers get based on the scores. | 没关系吧 | 
| [00:37] | Don’t you have a test? | 你就不用测验吗 | 
| [00:38] | Oh, sorry, that’s right– nobody cares about gym. | 不好意思 我忘了 没人在意体育馆呢 | 
| [00:41] | Um, ever heard of the Presidential Fitness Test? | 听说过总统体能测试吗 | 
| [00:43] | The president cares. | 总统在意 | 
| [00:44] | The president. | 总统 | 
| [00:46] | Oh, Joel. | 乔尔啊 | 
| [00:48] | My sweet, dumb, hot Joel. | 萌萌哒傻傻哒帅帅哒乔尔 | 
| [00:50] | I need to talk. | 得跟你谈谈 | 
| [00:54] | Carla is coming. | 卡拉要来 | 
| [00:55] | Your ex-wife, Carla? | 你前妻卡拉吗 | 
| [00:56] | Yes, Carla, Carla. | 就是那个卡拉 | 
| [00:58] | She works for the state testing agency. | 她在州政府负责测验的部门 | 
| [01:00] | She’s gonna be proctoring the tests all week. | 这周她都在这监督测验 | 
| [01:02] | You know, I met Carla when she was giving a test. | 我就是在测验的时候遇到的卡拉 | 
| [01:04] | I asked her out on a Scantron sheet. | 我拿着答题卡约她出去的 | 
| [01:06] | It was A) very romantic. | 选项有A 非常浪漫 | 
| [01:08] | B) weird. Or C) sad. | B 好奇怪 C 好悲剧 | 
| [01:11] | Oh, no, you’re right. It was D) two of the above. | 啊不对 是D 以上两项都对 | 
| [01:13] | I’m a wreck. I haven’t seen Carla in months. | 我糟透了 好几个月没见到卡拉了 | 
| [01:16] | You can do this. | 你能做到的 | 
| [01:17] | Look, I haven’t spoken to my ex since I moved out, | 我搬出来之后就再没跟前夫说过话 | 
| [01:20] | but Ray’s been texting me. | 但他一直给我发短信 | 
| [01:21] | And you’re just telling me this now? | 你现在才告诉我吗 | 
| [01:23] | Well, I haven’t told anyone. | 我还谁都没说呢 | 
| [01:24] | But I am your best friend. What does he want? | 我可是你闺蜜啊 他要干什么 | 
| [01:26] | To cheat on his new girlfriend. | 背着新欢劈腿吧 | 
| [01:28] | I guess. | 我猜是 | 
| [01:29] | Look, I’ve dreamed of him crawling back to me, | 我做梦都想让他回头求我 | 
| [01:31] | but I have not responded to him once. | 可我一次都没回他 | 
| [01:33] | You didn’t text back? | 你没回短信吗 | 
| [01:34] | Very strong. | 好坚强 | 
| [01:36] | Our exes don’t have power over us anymore. | 前妻前夫神马的控制不了我们 | 
| [01:39] | Boom! I have a plan. Let’s go. | 好样的 我有个计划 走 | 
| [01:45] | Now the Goodwill won’t take it back. | 这回没法退货了 | 
| [01:49] | I’d better hang up, | 我得挂电话了 | 
| [01:50] | don’t want to make the president jealous. | 别让总统嫉妒 | 
| [01:53] | Sorry. That was, uh, Michelle Obama. | 不好意思 刚是米歇尔·奥巴马 | 
| [01:55] | She called to congratulate me on a job well done. | 她打电话祝贺我的 | 
| [01:58] | Boy, can she talk. | 她可真能说 | 
| [01:59] | God, you’re inspiring. | 你真是鼓舞人心 | 
| [02:00] | Can I have your autograph? | 能给我签个名吗 | 
| [02:02] | Can I have your handprints in wet concrete? | 用水泥做个手模给我好吗 | 
| [02:04] | Will you be my new dad? | 给我当爹好吗 | 
| [02:05] | Let me check my schedule. | 我看看日程表 | 
| [02:07] | Carl? | 卡尔 | 
| [02:09] | Carla? | 卡拉 | 
| [02:10] | The board told you I was coming. | 董事会说过我要来 | 
| [02:11] | I guess it slipped my mind. | 我大概给忘了 | 
| [02:13] | Yeah, right. | 是吗 | 
| [02:14] | Can you get me coffee? | 给我拿杯咖啡吧 | 
| [02:15] | Starbucks. A real venti. | 真正的星巴克超大杯 | 
| [02:18] | I know you ask for a grande in a venti cup. | 我知道你们都拿超大杯装大杯的量 | 
| [02:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [02:24] | Stay strong. | 要坚强 | 
| [02:25] | Like I did with Ray. | 就像我对雷一样 | 
| [02:31] | Yes, Carla. I’ll get you coffee. | 好的卡拉 我去拿咖啡 | 
| [02:33] | It’s something about our exes. | 前妻前夫就是这样 | 
| [02:35] | They always have power over you. | 总是能控制咱们 | 
| [02:37] | Not Ray. | 雷不行 | 
| [02:38] | Don’t fool yourself. | 别糊弄自己 | 
| [02:39] | And a not-stale blueberry scone. | 再加一块新鲜点的蓝莓司康饼 | 
| [02:41] | I got to go. | 我得走了 | 
| [02:50] | Okay, everyone. | 好了各位 | 
| [02:51] | Today begins standardized testing week. | 今天要开始标准化测验了 | 
| [02:54] | Schools are made and unmade during this time. | 这测验将决定学校的命运 | 
| [02:56] | Just go ask Roosevelt Middle. | 问问罗斯福中学吧 | 
| [02:58] | Or, as they now call it, | 或者 他们现在改名了 | 
| [02:59] | the parking lot behind Costco Express. | 叫好市多超市停车场 | 
| [03:01] | This is our testing agency rep, | 这位是测验专员 | 
| [03:03] | Carla Gaines. | 卡拉·盖恩斯 | 
| [03:05] | Now, you might notice that she and I have the same last name. | 你们可能注意到了 我们两个姓氏相同 | 
| [03:08] | That is because… | 那是因为… | 
| [03:08] | Actually, it’s Allen. | 其实是艾伦 | 
| [03:10] | It’s Carla Allen now. | 我叫卡拉·艾伦了 | 
| [03:11] | Oh, so you went back to your maiden name. | 你用回婚前的姓了 | 
| [03:13] | I thought you always liked Gaines. | 我还以为你喜欢盖恩斯呢 | 
| [03:14] | People say it has a regal quality. | 都说这姓有帝王遗风 | 
| [03:16] | Regal? | 帝王 | 
| [03:17] | Your family was sued for bootlegging Sprite. | 你家私贩雪碧被起诉了 | 
| [03:20] | Okay, Carla will be proctoring the exams. | 好了 卡拉来这监督测验 | 
| [03:23] | Okay, I know no one likes testing. | 我知道大家都不喜欢测验 | 
| [03:26] | I love testing. | 我喜欢测验 | 
| [03:27] | Standardized tests are my hobby. | 标准化测验是我的爱好 | 
| [03:29] | I am part of an online enthusiast group. | 我是狂热粉丝团成员 | 
| [03:31] | Oh… you’re one of them. | 是吗 你跟他们一起的啊 | 
| [03:33] | Oh, I get it. | 我明白 | 
| [03:34] | Some of my best friends are odd white people. | 我也有几个怪胎白人朋友 | 
| [03:37] | All right, for those of you who are not familiar | 好了 正常的人们听我说 | 
| [03:40] | with the testing world because you actually have lives, | 你们肯定不熟悉测验的规则 | 
| [03:42] | here are the headlines: | 最重要的一件事是 | 
| [03:44] | give the kids pencils and your job is done. | 把铅笔给孩子们 任务完成 | 
| [03:46] | Folks, we’re starting with social studies. | 好了 从社会调查开始 | 
| [03:49] | What-what! | 好棒哒 | 
| [03:52] | Ree-Ree. | 淋淋 | 
| [03:53] | How was Ferret Nationals? | 全国雪貂联盟怎么样 | 
| [03:56] | Any hooking up? | 勾搭上谁了吗 | 
| [03:57] | Oh, well, Francis met a pretty sexy sable with pointed tips… | 弗朗西斯勾搭上了只挺性感的黑貂… | 
| [04:00] | Oh, you meant me. | 你说我啊 | 
| [04:02] | Uh, yeah, but you watched ferrets have sex, didn’t you? | 是啊 但你看雪貂嘿咻了吗 | 
| [04:05] | No… no. | 没有啊 | 
| [04:07] | If that video is on your phone, delete it. | 你手机里要是有视频 赶紧删掉 | 
| [04:09] | And let’s grab a coffee while I’m here this week. | 趁我没走 咱去喝杯咖啡 | 
| [04:11] | Irene. | 艾琳 | 
| [04:13] | So, you stayed friends with Carla even after the divorce? | 他俩离婚了你还跟卡拉做朋友吗 | 
| [04:16] | You saw how much she hurt him. | 你看到她伤他有多深了 | 
| [04:17] | Oh, well… I-I mean, I met Carla before I even knew Carl. | 那个 我认识卡尔之前就遇到卡拉了 | 
| [04:21] | We’re in a fantasy league together, | 我们都在一个虚拟联盟里 | 
| [04:22] | fantasy school board league. | 虚拟校董事会联盟 | 
| [04:23] | I won the whole thing last year. | 去年的冠军是我 | 
| [04:25] | Superintendant Charles was a beast. | 校监查尔斯超级棒 | 
| [04:27] | Irene, you have to pick a side in a breakup. | 艾琳 他俩离婚你得选一边 | 
| [04:29] | You’re either with Carl or against him. | 要么跟卡尔一边 要么和他作对 | 
| [04:31] | Oh, okay, fine, fine, but I just… | 好吧 好吧 我就是… | 
| [04:34] | I don’t even know how I would break up with Carla. | 我都不知道怎么跟卡拉断绝关系 | 
| [04:36] | Oh, I have broken up with lots of friends, I can help. | 我有好多经验 我来帮你 | 
| [04:39] | Okay, good. This is gonna come as a surprise, | 好吧 她肯定得吃一惊 | 
| [04:41] | but I have not done a lot of breaking up in my life. | 但我也没跟多少人断绝过关系 | 
| [04:43] | I’m a little odd. My grandma used to say, | 我有点怪 我奶奶总说 | 
| [04:45] | “You’re a weirdo, Irene. Save your money.” | “艾琳 你是个怪胎 省点钱” | 
| [04:47] | Mine, too. | 我奶奶也总说 | 
| [04:51] | So, how’d your kids do on the test? | 你的学生测试做的怎么样 | 
| [04:52] | They said it was easy. | 都说挺简单的 | 
| [04:54] | I’m proud of them. They worked hard. | 真为他们自豪 他们都很努力 | 
| [04:55] | I mean, I made them work hard, so I deserve all the credit, but still. | 是我逼他们努力的 功劳归我 但还是自豪 | 
| [04:58] | I think those little dummies really came through. | 那群小笨蛋终于过关了 | 
| [05:00] | Ooh. I’d say slow down, | 我想劝你慢点 | 
| [05:02] | but I prefer you get drunk and do something you’ll regret. | 但更想让你喝醉 干点让你后悔的事 | 
| [05:05] | Like a gym teacher? | 比如干体育老师吗 | 
| [05:07] | Maybe. It’s been a while. | 也许吧 有阵子没做了 | 
| [05:09] | Yeah, you’ve been with ol’ Puffy Vest Janet. | 是啊 你跟”羽绒背心”简妮特在一起了 | 
| [05:12] | I mean, how warm does her torso need to be? | 她有多需要温暖啊 | 
| [05:16] | We were late, and you don’t want to ask | 我们迟到了 你也不想问路 | 
| [05:18] | for directions ’cause you said, | 因为你说过 | 
| [05:19] | “If I can’t find my way to a Luther Vandross concert, | “要是连路德·范德鲁斯的音乐会都找不到 | 
| [05:22] | what kind of black woman am I?” | 我还算什么黑妹” | 
| [05:23] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不要 不要 不要 不要 | 
| [05:27] | Two Dark ‘N’ Stormies. | 两杯黑风暴 | 
| [05:29] | Your drink is a Dark ‘N’ Stormy? | 你喝黑风暴吗 | 
| [05:30] | Yes, and, unfortunately, type of woman. | 是啊 不好意思 是女性向鸡尾酒呢 | 
| [05:33] | Good to know. | 幸亏 | 
| [05:35] | You brought Carla? | 你把卡拉带来了吗 | 
| [05:36] | I hope you’re not falling into old patterns. | 你不会重蹈覆辙吧 | 
| [05:37] | No way. Tonight I’m paying. | 不可能 今晚是我买单 | 
| [05:44] | Wow, that’s a lot of texts. | 好多短信啊 | 
| [05:46] | It’s, uh, it’s Janet. | 是简妮特 | 
| [05:47] | I’m not gonna respond. | 我就不回 | 
| [05:48] | Ugh. Just break up with her already. | 快跟她分手啊 | 
| [05:50] | I’m trying. I was hoping she’d just get the idea. | 我在努力 我希望她能自己想明白 | 
| [05:53] | You need to be direct but kind. | 你得直说 但是积点口德 | 
| [05:56] | Janet, you’re super annoying | 简妮特 你超级烦人 | 
| [05:59] | and I can’t stand to look at your face anymore. | 看到你我就想吐 | 
| [06:01] | Bye! | 再见 | 
| [06:02] | Oh, and who’s texting you? | 谁给你发短信呢 | 
| [06:04] | Wha… Ray? Your ex-husband? | 神马 雷 你前夫吗 | 
| [06:06] | Yes, but I haven’t texted back. | 是 但我也没回 | 
| [06:08] | First because my phone got turned off, | 先是因为手机关机了 | 
| [06:10] | but now because I’m not interested. | 现在我对他不感兴趣了 | 
| [06:11] | Then why haven’t you responded? | 那你为什么不回 | 
| [06:12] | Hoping he just gets the idea? | 希望他自己想明白吗 | 
| [06:14] | This is nothing like Janet, okay? | 他和简妮特不一样好吗 | 
| [06:16] | We were married and in love. | 我们结过婚 相爱过 | 
| [06:18] | And he cheated on you. | 然后他劈腿了 | 
| [06:20] | Okay, I’ll make you a deal: | 好吧 跟你做个交易 | 
| [06:21] | you tell Ray to stop texting you | 你告诉雷别发短信了 | 
| [06:23] | and I’ll break up with Puffy Vest. | 我跟”羽绒马甲”分手 | 
| [06:24] | So, deal? | 成交吗 | 
| [06:28] | Deal. | 成交 | 
| [06:29] | Great. Meet at my place in an hour. Naked. | 好的 一个小时后去我家 别穿衣服 | 
| [06:32] | For sexy reasons. | 因为某些羞羞的原因 | 
| [06:33] | But also because my AC is broken. | 当然还因为我家空调坏了 | 
| [06:37] | Oh, I missed that. | 真怀念那个 | 
| [06:39] | And this. | 还有这个 | 
| [06:43] | Well, what can you say? | 你还能说什么 | 
| [06:45] | I’m pretty great. | 我活好吧 | 
| [06:48] | Don’t you have any normal food here, like vodka? | 你这没有正常食物吗 比如说伏特加 | 
| [06:52] | I broke up with Janet, | 我跟简妮特分手了 | 
| [06:53] | you told Ray off. | 你告诉雷滚粗了 | 
| [06:55] | Let’s drink the cheap stuff. | 喝点便宜的 | 
| [06:56] | Vodka in a plastic bottle? | 塑料瓶伏特加吗 | 
| [06:58] | And Frat-o-ween 2003 cups? | 03万圣节纪念杯 | 
| [07:02] | Wow, is this how you usually get the ladies to have a sleepover? | 在你家过夜的妹子都这个待遇吗 | 
| [07:05] | Ooh, so you’re sleeping over? | 你要过夜了吗 | 
| [07:06] | Well, I’ve always wanted | 我总看看你家 | 
| [07:08] | to see this place during the day and | 白天的样子 | 
| [07:09] | find out if this couch is brown or orange. | 看这沙发究竟是棕色还是橙色 | 
| [07:12] | Well, technically, it’s not a couch. | 其实不是个沙发 | 
| [07:13] | It’s a pile of cinderblocks | 是几块砖 | 
| [07:15] | with a sleeping bag thrown over it, but… | 上面罩了个睡袋 | 
| [07:22] | Anything important? | 有什么大事吗 | 
| [07:23] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [07:24] | Irene got a new ferret. | 艾琳弄了只新雪貂 | 
| [07:26] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [07:27] | I gave you the cup that got the least melty | 你拿的杯子是上次野营 | 
| [07:28] | at our last bonfire, so… | 被火烤得最轻的 所以… | 
| [07:31] | You’re so good to me. | 你对我真好 | 
| [07:38] | Ugh, I don’t know if I can do this. | 我不知道自己能不能行 | 
| [07:40] | I can’t have fewer friends. | 我朋友不能再少了 | 
| [07:42] | Twitter already thinks that I’m a robot. | 微博都把我当成僵尸号了 | 
| [07:44] | You owe this to Carl. And remember, | 这算你欠卡尔的 记住 | 
| [07:46] | no eye contact. | 目光不要接触 | 
| [07:47] | Eyes are anatomical beggars. | 眼睛是心灵的乞丐 | 
| [07:50] | Here we go. | 来了 | 
| [07:51] | Oh, Carla. | 卡拉 | 
| [07:52] | Hey. | 好啊 | 
| [07:53] | Hi. It is with a heavy heart that I… | 那个 我怀着沉重的心情… | 
| [07:58] | Oh, God, I made eye contact. They are beggars. | 天哪 对视了 她的眼睛乞求我了 | 
| [08:01] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 | 
| [08:03] | It is with a heavy heart that I deliver the following news. | 我怀着沉重的心情通知你 | 
| [08:08] | How about I reconsider when you’re 18, okay? | 等你18岁了我再考虑吧 | 
| [08:10] | Now go. | 走吧 | 
| [08:13] | Hey, sorry again you saw my pillow without the pillowcase. | 抱歉你看到了我那没罩枕套的枕头 | 
| [08:18] | Ray? | 雷 | 
| [08:23] | I thought you told this guy to get lost. | 你不是告诉他滚粗了吗 | 
| [08:25] | Joel, I’ll call you later. | 乔尔 一会打给你 | 
| [08:31] | Uh, I left my lunch box here in 1973. | 73年我把午餐盒落在这了 | 
| [08:36] | And, uh, I came to apologize for… everything. | 我是来为所有事道歉的 | 
| [08:46] | Ginny. | 金妮 | 
| [08:48] | Don’t you feel so much better | 跟卡拉断交之后 | 
| [08:50] | now that you’ve broken up with Carla? | 感觉是不是好多了 | 
| [08:51] | I always feel better, like, | 我总是感觉 | 
| [08:52] | one less person to care about in a natural disaster. | 要是发生自然灾害 我可以少在乎一个人了 | 
| [08:55] | Well, before I could get to the breaking up, | 还没等我说到正题 | 
| [08:57] | Carla told me a secret. | 卡拉就告诉我了个秘密 | 
| [08:58] | Do not tell me, | 别告诉我 | 
| [09:00] | I am terrible at keeping secrets. | 我超级不擅长保守秘密 | 
| [09:02] | Ms. Rogers is pregnant. | 罗杰斯女士怀孕了 | 
| [09:04] | And my neighbor kisses her dog on the mouth. | 我邻居跟狗接吻了 | 
| [09:06] | – I’ve never been… to Atlanta. Irene. | -我没去过亚特兰大… -艾琳 | 
| [09:07] | Tell me the secret. | 把秘密告诉我 | 
| [09:08] | Carla’s engaged. | 卡拉订婚了 | 
| [09:11] | You have to tell Carl. | 你得告诉卡尔 | 
| [09:13] | Have to tell him what? | 告诉他什么 | 
| [09:14] | I’m not gonna make the, uh, faculty roundup. | 员工聚会我不去了 | 
| [09:17] | Sparks are flying with Carla, | 卡拉真是魅力四射 | 
| [09:18] | she wants a private meeting. | 她要跟我私下谈谈 | 
| [09:19] | Looks like I’ll be spending my lunch hour writing a casual sonnet. | 看来我要边吃午饭边写情诗了呢 | 
| [09:25] | You can’t tell Carl. | 不能告诉卡尔 | 
| [09:26] | Damn it, woman, make up your mind. | 我靠 你到底要哪样 | 
| [09:28] | I don’t want to be the other woman. | 我不想做第三者 | 
| [09:30] | I want you to be the only woman. | 我要你做第二者 | 
| [09:32] | Wait, what are you saying? | 你说什么 | 
| [09:33] | I… I broke it off with Mitzi. | 我跟米茨分手了 | 
| [09:36] | It was a mistake. | 跟她就是个错误 | 
| [09:38] | I know that. | 我知道 | 
| [09:39] | It was just some… embarrassing midlife crisis. | 我就是 在逃避中年危机 | 
| [09:43] | Ray, you left me with nothing. | 雷 你让我一无所有 | 
| [09:45] | I know, the prenup. | 我知道 婚前协议 | 
| [09:47] | But I only did that ’cause all my friends did. | 可我签协议是看到朋友们都签了 | 
| [09:49] | But I’m not like my friends. | 但我跟他们不一样 | 
| [09:51] | I don’t want three wives. | 我不想要三个老婆 | 
| [09:52] | Just two. | 两个就够了 | 
| [09:54] | You might have been my second wife, but… | 虽说你是我第二任妻子 但是… | 
| [09:57] | you’ve always been my true love. | 我爱的人一直是你 | 
| [09:59] | Please let me try to make it up to you. | 这次让我补偿你吧 | 
| [10:01] | No prenup this time. | 不签婚前协议了 | 
| [10:03] | It wasn’t about the money, Ray. | 不是钱的问题 雷 | 
| [10:07] | I’m at work. | 我还要工作 | 
| [10:07] | Well, come home. | 回家吧 | 
| [10:11] | I love you, Meredith. | 我爱你 梅瑞迪丝 | 
| [10:14] | I never stopped loving you. | 我一直爱着你 | 
| [10:21] | Think about it. | 好好想想吧 | 
| [10:31] | I was trapped. | 我被困住了 | 
| [10:32] | Didn’t want to interrupt. | 没想打扰你 | 
| [10:33] | Ray seems nice. | 雷人还不错嘛 | 
| [10:36] | If it doesn’t work out, can I tap that? | 如果你俩没成 能让我听听吗 | 
| [10:40] | She’ll like this right here. | 她应该想放在这 | 
| [10:43] | You were right about putting the chairs next to my desk. | 你说对了 我是该把椅子放写字台旁边 | 
| [10:45] | Now, when I meet with students, I’ll be like the black Jimmy Kimmel– | 这样见学生时 我就像吉米·坎摩尔[脱口秀主持人]一样 | 
| [10:47] | 有阵子我一直觉得自己像 which I’ve felt 他like for a long time. | |
| [10:49] | Yeah. You know, I wanted to talk to you about Meredith. | 我想跟你谈谈梅瑞迪丝 | 
| [10:52] | How long has she worked here? | 她在这工作多久了 | 
| [10:53] | About six months, | 大约半年吧 | 
| [10:54] | minus the week she was in Cabo doing missionary work. | 扣掉她去卡波传教的一周 | 
| [10:57] | Hmm. And how well do you know her? | 你有多了解她 | 
| [10:59] | Well, she was an emergency hire. | 当时临时缺人找到了她 | 
| [11:00] | We met, we laughed, I cried, | 我们遇到之后笑过哭过 | 
| [11:03] | she came on board immediately. | 我马上就聘她了 | 
| [11:04] | Instant connection. | 我俩一见就投缘 | 
| [11:06] | Just… trusted the old gut. | 跟着感觉走准没错 | 
| [11:08] | You know you can’t trust your gut, Carl. | 你不能跟着自己的感觉走 卡尔 | 
| [11:10] | You were Team Jacob. | 你是雅各布粉丝团的 | 
| [11:12] | Was I wrong? I haven’t read Eclipse yet. | 喜欢他有错吗 我还没看过《月食》[《暮光》] | 
| [11:14] | I’ve been on the library wait list for two years. | 图书馆那排了两年 还是没轮到我 | 
| [11:17] | You got a real problem on your hands. | 你眼前有更严重的问题 | 
| [11:19] | I know. It’s these teenagers– they never return books. | 我知道 小屁孩们借了书不还 | 
| [11:23] | No. It’s Meredith. | 不 是梅瑞迪丝 | 
| [11:24] | Okay, your “connection” | 跟你投缘的那个 | 
| [11:26] | may have clouded your judgment. | 可能蒙蔽了你的双眼 | 
| [11:28] | I have the results of her students’ test scores. | 这是她教的学生的测验分数 | 
| [11:31] | Once we report these, | 这要是上报了 | 
| [11:32] | the school board is gonna be all over you. | 董事会肯定饶不了你 | 
| [11:39] | Oh, thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地你来了 | 
| [11:42] | You are not gonna believe this. | 你肯定不信 | 
| [11:43] | Ray came back. | 雷回来了 | 
| [11:45] | My head is spinning. | 我头晕得很 | 
| [11:46] | I-I might have to take another missionary trip | 我可能还得再去休假传教 | 
| [11:49] | just to… figure some of this stuff out, you know? | 把事情理理清楚 | 
| [11:52] | Carla got the test results back. | 卡拉把测验的结果给我了 | 
| [11:55] | We have a real problem on our hands, Ms. Davis. | 现在有个严重的问题 戴维斯女士 | 
| [11:59] | Why are you being so formal? | 你这么严肃干嘛 | 
| [12:01] | Your students failed. | 你的学生没过 | 
| [12:03] | All of them. | 全都没过 | 
| [12:05] | But I worked so hard. | 可我那么努力了 | 
| [12:08] | I mean, I really worked. | 我真的努力过了 | 
| [12:09] | I didn’t just say I was working. | 我可不只是嘴上说 | 
| [12:11] | Like, I really worked hard. | 我真的努力了 | 
| [12:13] | I made flash cards, I gave inspiring speeches, | 我做了小卡片 给他们做演讲 | 
| [12:17] | I stayed after class. | 课后还留堂 | 
| [12:18] | I gave them my real e-mail address. | 把真的邮箱地址都给他们了 | 
| [12:20] | You don’t even have that. | 你都做不到这点 | 
| [12:21] | I’m good at this, Carl. I am. | 我很擅长教学的 卡尔 真的 | 
| [12:22] | The results are clear. | 结果就是那样 | 
| [12:25] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 | 
| [12:27] | Carla was right. | 卡拉说得对 | 
| [12:29] | Our connection clouded my judgment. | 咱俩很投缘 却蒙蔽了我的双眼 | 
| [12:33] | I’m not sure Nixon is for you. | 可能尼克松中学不适合你 | 
| [12:37] | Yeah, me neither. | 我也这么觉得 | 
| [12:42] | – Meredith… – I quit. | -梅瑞迪丝… -我辞职 | 
| [12:45] | This isn’t where I belong. | 我不属于这 | 
| [12:47] | Hi, honey. I’m home. | 亲爱的 我回家了 | 
| [12:49] | Great, I’ll buzz you in. | 真棒 我给你开门禁 | 
| [13:01] | I missed how long it takes for me to run into your arms. | 居然花了这么久才重回你的怀抱 | 
| [13:10] | I really can’t believe you’re here. | 真不敢相信你回来了 | 
| [13:14] | Let me get you some wine. | 我给你拿点酒吧 | 
| [13:16] | Yolanda! | 尤兰达 | 
| [13:19] | I missed you. | 我想你 | 
| [13:20] | I missed you. | 我也想你 | 
| [13:22] | I missed this beautiful fireplace | 我想这漂亮的壁炉 | 
| [13:25] | and beautiful furniture | 漂亮的家具 | 
| [13:27] | and beauti… | 漂亮… | 
| [13:28] | nice personality maid. | 人超级好的女佣 | 
| [13:32] | Yolanda, how are you? | 尤兰达 你好啊 | 
| [13:34] | You really belong here, you know? | 你就属于这里 | 
| [13:37] | Yeah. It does feel like home. | 是啊 真有家的感觉 | 
| [13:46] | Greetings, students. | 同学们好 | 
| [13:48] | Next week we have to retake | 下周 大家要重考一遍 | 
| [13:50] | the standardized social studies test. | 标准化测验 | 
| [13:52] | And I’m gonna help teach you guys. | 而我会帮你们考过 | 
| [13:54] | Where’s Meredith? | 梅瑞迪丝呢 | 
| [13:56] | We gave her to a farm | 我们把她捐给农场 | 
| [13:58] | so she could run around and be free. | 让她自由奔跑去了 | 
| [14:01] | Meredith’s dead? | 梅瑞迪丝死了吗 | 
| [14:02] | Hey. Where’s Meredith? | 梅瑞迪丝呢 | 
| [14:04] | I can’t hold it in anymore. She quit! | 我守不住了 她辞职了 | 
| [14:07] | I wanted my own class, but… | 我想要自己的教室 可是… | 
| [14:09] | I didn’t want it this way. | 我也不想这么得到 | 
| [14:11] | Wait, what? | 等等 怎么回事 | 
| [14:12] | Well, she did move all of her stuff | 她昨晚是把所有东西 | 
| [14:13] | out of the guesthouse last night. | 都从客房带走了 | 
| [14:15] | But she forgot her bag of… oregano. | 可她忘了一袋…牛至叶[其实是大麻] | 
| [14:19] | I’ll take that. | 给我吧 | 
| [14:22] | I’m making lasagna tonight. | 今晚我要做千层面 | 
| [14:24] | Where did she go? | 她去哪了 | 
| [14:25] | She chose Ray. | 她选择了雷 | 
| [14:27] | Now I’m never gonna get to tap that. | 她俩的对话我是听不到了 | 
| [14:29] | Kim, what are you talking about? | 金姆 你说什么呢 | 
| [14:31] | She went to go tell Ray off. | 她告诉雷滚粗了 | 
| [14:32] | I saw them in the parking lot. | 我在停车场看到他俩了 | 
| [14:34] | She didn’t look like she was telling him off. | 她那样子不像在说滚粗 | 
| [14:37] | I took a body language course at camp. | 我在夏令营学过肢体语言的 | 
| [14:39] | Why would she get back together with him? | 她为什么要跟他和好 | 
| [14:41] | I thought she was happy here. | 我还以为她在这挺开心的 | 
| [14:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [14:56] | Oh… where my tennis bitches at? | 网球小婊砸们好啊 | 
| [14:59] | Mere. | 梅梅 | 
| [15:01] | Did you get a job here, too? | 你也在这找工作了吗 | 
| [15:03] | Uh, no. | 没啊 | 
| [15:04] | W-Well, don’t you have work? | 你没工作吗 | 
| [15:06] | Or is it Saturday or Sunday or teacher work day | 难不成这是周末 或是教师义务劳动 | 
| [15:08] | or one of your sick weeks? | 还是你请病假了 | 
| [15:10] | From now on, every week’s a sick week. | 从现在开始 我每周都请病假 | 
| [15:12] | I’m back together with Ray. | 我跟雷和好了 | 
| [15:14] | Oh, my God! You are! | 天哪 尊的吗 | 
| [15:16] | Oh, thank God! | 谢天谢地 | 
| [15:19] | It was impossible to replace you. | 你真是无可替代 | 
| [15:21] | Replacement Meredith, you may go. | 梅瑞迪丝替代品 你走吧 | 
| [15:29] | I can’t believe Meredith left. | 梅瑞迪丝居然走了 | 
| [15:31] | Do you think I’ll stay friends with her? | 你觉得我还能跟她做朋友吗 | 
| [15:33] | Ms. Harris, the choir teacher, she said we’d still be friends | 合唱团老师哈里斯女士说 | 
| [15:35] | when she became a dental hygienist, | 她做了牙科保健师我们还是朋友 | 
| [15:37] | but… now I only see her every six months. | 可是现在我半年才能见她一次 | 
| [15:40] | Why would she throw away her teaching career for some rich guy? | 她为什么为了个有钱人放弃当老师 | 
| [15:43] | Aside from that being her unwavering plan from the beginning. | 当然当老师一开始就是她的备胎方案 | 
| [15:49] | Ah. Hey, Carla. How’s it going? | 卡拉 还好吗 | 
| [15:51] | Good. Except for the fact that | 挺好 除了戴维斯老师 | 
| [15:54] | all of Ms. Davis’ students failed the exam. | 所有的学生都没过测验这件事 | 
| [15:57] | It’s like the woman has no teaching experience whatsoever. | 她好像根本没有教学经验 | 
| [16:02] | How could you let Meredith quit? | 你怎么能让梅瑞迪丝辞职呢 | 
| [16:04] | She was given a choice, but like Carla said, | 我给她机会了 但卡拉说了 | 
| [16:06] | the test results speak volumes. | 测验结果最有分量 | 
| [16:08] | We all know Meredith struggled. | 我们都知道梅瑞迪丝努力过 | 
| [16:10] | She did rent her fourth period class out as a cleaning service. | 虽然她把最后一节课做成有偿清洁服务了 | 
| [16:13] | Best 600 bucks I ever spent. | 那600块花得真值 | 
| [16:14] | Well, you drove Meredith back into Ray’s dumb rich arms. | 是你把梅瑞迪丝逼回雷的二逼怀抱里了 | 
| [16:16] | Look, Carla and I are really reconnecting, | 卡拉和我在努力和好 | 
| [16:19] | and she told me to get out in front of this thing, | 她要我快解决掉这件事 | 
| [16:21] | and she’s right– Carla’s always right. | 她说的对 她总是对的 | 
| [16:22] | Carla’s not right, and she’s engaged. | 卡拉说的不对 而且她订婚了 | 
| [16:23] | What?! | 什么 | 
| [16:24] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [16:25] | Oh. Uh… | 那个 | 
| [16:27] | new Carl proposed last week. | 上周那个新的卡尔求婚了 | 
| [16:29] | She’s moving on with another Carl?! | 她跟那个卡尔有进展了吗 | 
| [16:32] | I thought he was a rebound Carl, | 我以为他就是个备胎 | 
| [16:33] | and I thought we were giving off sparks. | 真正擦出火花的是我俩 | 
| [16:35] | See? My gut is wrong. | 看到没 我的感觉是错的 | 
| [16:37] | No, it’s not wrong about Meredith. | 你对梅瑞迪丝的感觉没错 | 
| [16:39] | I know what the results said, | 我知道结果是什么样 | 
| [16:40] | but why are you listening to Carla? | 但你为什么要听卡拉的 | 
| [16:42] | You have been doing just fine without her. | 没了她你也过得挺好 | 
| [16:44] | You know Meredith. | 你了解梅瑞迪丝的 | 
| [16:46] | Well, yeah, I know her pretty well, too, I mean… | 我也挺了解她的 | 
| [16:49] | This juice is $15! | 这果汁要15块吗 | 
| [16:52] | I love pressed juices. | 我喜欢冷榨果汁 | 
| [16:54] | Are they the same as regular juices? | 跟普通果汁一样吗 | 
| [17:02] | So, were you guys doing anything | 吃完午饭你们有安排吗 | 
| [17:03] | after lunch, or is this it? | 还是各回各家 | 
| [17:05] | Well, we still have to stretch. | 还有安排 | 
| [17:07] | And we’re gonna compare our charities. | 还得比一下都捐了多少钱 | 
| [17:10] | We don’t want to end up with the same one. So embarrassing. | 可别都一样 那多尴尬 | 
| [17:15] | Are you marrying new Carl? | 你要跟新的卡尔结婚了吗 | 
| [17:17] | Well, I wanted to tell you in person. | 我想亲自告诉你的 | 
| [17:20] | I-I was finally ready, | 本来准备好了 | 
| [17:21] | and then you wrote me that sonnet. | 结果你给我写了首情诗 | 
| [17:23] | It’s okay. | 没事的 | 
| [17:25] | You reminded me that I’m my own man. | 你提醒了我 我可以自己做主的 | 
| [17:27] | Since you left, I’ve been trusting my instincts. | 你离开之后 我一直跟着感觉走 | 
| [17:29] | The only time I didn’t trust myself is this week, | 唯一一次没跟着感觉走 我听了你的话 | 
| [17:31] | because you made me feel like I still needed you. I don’t. | 因为你让我以为我还需要你 我不需要你 | 
| [17:34] | Meredith is not your typical teacher, | 梅瑞迪丝不符合你的标准 | 
| [17:35] | but she’s a good person and she tries hard. | 但她人很好 也很努力 | 
| [17:38] | You can’t ask for much more than that. | 有这些就够了 | 
| [17:39] | You can ask for more than that. | 这点怎么够 | 
| [17:41] | Every one of her students failed. | 她的学生都没过 | 
| [17:43] | Even the Indians, the Asians. | 连印度裔亚裔的都没过 | 
| [17:45] | Those are the ones you count on. | 还得指望他们出成绩呢 | 
| [17:47] | When I give my report… | 我把报告… | 
| [17:48] | I don’t care! I believe in her! | 我不管 我相信她 | 
| [17:50] | Me, too. Carla, I’m breaking up with you. | 我也相信 卡拉 我要跟你绝交 | 
| [17:54] | Everybody! The test results were wrong. | 大伙 测验结果错了 | 
| [17:59] | After Kim told me Meredith’s class failed, I looked into it. | 金姆告诉我梅瑞迪丝的学生没过 我调查了一下 | 
| [18:02] | I wanted to confirm my suspicions before I said anything, | 说话之前我想先确认一下 | 
| [18:04] | and with the help of my online test lovers group, I have. | 我上网找测验粉丝团的人查出原因了 | 
| [18:08] | This… is the culprit. | 罪魁祸首…就是它 | 
| [18:12] | Am I the only one who doesn’t know why we’re looking at a pencil? | 只有我一个人好奇为什么是支铅笔吗 | 
| [18:15] | No, I don’t get it. | 不是 我也没明白 | 
| [18:16] | I’m still not sure. | 我也是 | 
| [18:17] | Okay, I didn’t want to look dumb. | 我怕露怯没敢问 | 
| [18:20] | Meredith? | 梅瑞迪丝 | 
| [18:21] | Are you there? | 你在吗 | 
| [18:22] | Meredith… | 梅瑞迪丝 | 
| [18:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 | 
| [18:24] | The class war has started. | 阶级斗争开始了 | 
| [18:26] | Meredith, you don’t belong here. | 梅瑞迪丝 你不属于这 | 
| [18:28] | You belong at Nixon. | 你属于尼克松中学 | 
| [18:29] | I was wrong. Carla was wrong. | 我错了 卡拉也错了 | 
| [18:31] | What about the tests? | 测验呢 | 
| [18:32] | You used number three pencils. | 你用的3号铅笔 | 
| [18:34] | We’ve been tracking some rogue number threes | 网上的测验粉丝团追踪到了一批 | 
| [18:36] | with my online testing group, | 流到市场上的3号铅笔 | 
| [18:37] | and we knew they’d shown up at Kennedy, | 肯尼迪中学已经出现过了 | 
| [18:39] | but we never thought they’d end up at Nixon. | 没想到尼克松中学也有 | 
| [18:41] | Carla rescored your tests by hand. | 卡拉亲自批了一遍 | 
| [18:43] | Well, how did my kids do? | 孩子们怎么样 | 
| [18:45] | Totally average. | 平均水平 | 
| [18:46] | So I’m, like, a totally average teacher? | 那我是个平均水平的老师吗 | 
| [18:47] | Totally average. | 是的 | 
| [18:49] | I’m totally average! | 我是平均水平 | 
| [18:51] | We know. | 我们知道 | 
| [18:53] | I got to get back to work. | 我得回去工作了 | 
| [18:54] | Hey, can you put, uh, | 服务员 | 
| [18:56] | five Crab Louie salads on Ray’s tab | 五份路易蟹沙拉 记在雷账上 | 
| [18:59] | and wrap them up to go? You have to try them. | 打包带走 一定得尝尝 | 
| [19:01] | And you may never be at a country club again. | 你们可能再也来不了乡间俱乐部了 | 
| [19:06] | I’m proud of you, Meredith. | 我为你自豪 梅瑞迪丝 | 
| [19:07] | Well, I’m proud of my kids. | 我为学生们自豪 | 
| [19:09] | And I’m proud of you for standing up to Carla. | 我也为你能直面卡拉自豪 | 
| [19:12] | It was beautiful. | 感觉是挺棒 | 
| [19:13] | Are you okay with her getting remarried? | 她再婚你能接受吗 | 
| [19:16] | I think so. I’m just glad everybody’s moving on. | 可以吧 大家都放下了我很欣慰 | 
| [19:19] | And here’s your Dark ‘N’ Stormy. | 给你的黑风暴 | 
| [19:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [19:26] | What? | 什么 | 
| [19:28] | Uh, no! I can’t. | 不行 不行 | 
| [19:30] | I haven’t asked anyone out since the divorce. | 离婚之后我还没约过别人 | 
| [19:32] | It’s time for you to move on… | 你该放下她… | 
| [19:35] | top of someone else. | 换”上”别人了 | 
| [19:38] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [19:44] | I don’t want this Dark ‘N’ Stormy… | 我不想要黑风暴 | 
| [19:47] | I would like a Dark and Even-keeled. | 我要黑色闷倒驴 | 
| [19:50] | So you want a splash of grapefruit? | 你要加片葡萄柚吗 | 
| [19:52] | No. I’m-I’m flirting. I’m just really bad at it. | 不是 我在跟你调情 我不太擅长 | 
| [19:58] | Hey, great job with the number three pencils. | 3号铅笔的事办的真棒 | 
| [20:01] | Ginny’s a regular Nancy Drew. | 金妮变神探南希了呢 | 
| [20:03] | Nancy Drew is lesbian propaganda. | 神探南希是宣传蕾丝边的 | 
| [20:05] | I am just a good, old-fashioned problem solver. | 我只是个怀旧的解决问题的人 | 
| [20:10] | Hey. I’m glad you’re here. | 你能来真棒 | 
| [20:13] | Now, you want to get out of here? | 你想出去吗 | 
| [20:17] | I can’t. I’m sorry. | 不行 真抱歉 | 
| [20:19] | Is this about the cinder block-sleeping bag combo? | 是因为睡袋罩在砖头上吗 | 
| [20:21] | ‘Cause I ordered a couch. | 我订了个沙发 | 
| [20:23] | Well, a futon. | 是个蒲团 | 
| [20:25] | Well, I painted the cinder blocks brown. | 好吧 我把砖喷成棕色了 | 
| [20:29] | Joel, I chose to come back to Nixon, | 乔尔 我是决定回尼克松了 | 
| [20:31] | but I’m staying with Ray. | 可是我也不离开雷 | 
| [20:33] | What? | 什么 | 
| [20:35] | You got to be kidding me. | 你开玩笑呢吧 | 
| [20:37] | I never meant to hurt you. | 我没想伤害你 | 
| [20:39] | And yet you did anyway. | 可你还是伤害我了 | 
| [20:41] | That’s how good you are at it. | 你就是这么擅长伤害别人 | 
| [20:42] | Oh, Joel… | 乔尔 | 
| [20:44] | Joel, wait. | 乔尔 等等 | 
| [20:48] | Ray? | 雷 | 
| [20:48] | Ray? | 雷 | 
| [20:49] | Ray. | 雷 | 
| [20:50] | Bunny… | 亲爱的 | 
| [20:52] | Just wanted to meet your work friends. | 我想来见见你的同事 | 
| [20:53] | Is that…? | 那是… | 
| [20:56] | Hi. Uh… | 大家好 | 
| [20:57] | next round is on me. | 下一轮我请 | 
| [20:59] | I’m Ray. | 我就是雷 | 
| [20:59] | I’m Ginny. | 我是金妮 | 
| [21:00] | Where’s Joel? | 乔尔呢 | 
| [21:01] | I don’t know. | 不知道 | 
| [21:02] | He’s gone. | 他走了 | 
| [21:03] | May I? | 可以坐下吗 | 
| [21:04] | Yes, of course. | 可以啊 |