| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | No, see, the liquid-metal terminators were created | 不 你想 液态金属终结者 | 
| [00:06] | In the future by skynet, | 是天网系统在未来世界创造的角色 | 
| [00:07] | And skynet was developed by miles dyson, | 而天网系统是由麦尔斯·戴森开发的 | 
| [00:09] | But that future no longer exists | 但这样的未来不会存在了 | 
| [00:11] | Due to dyson’s death in terminator 2. | 因为戴森已经在终结者2里死了 | 
| [00:13] | Okay,read only this. | 好吧 但你这样想 | 
| [00:16] | Assuming all the good terminators | 假设所有正义的终结者一开始 | 
| [00:18] | Were originally evil terminators created by skynet | 由天网系统创造时都是邪恶的 | 
| [00:21] | But then reprogrammed by the future john connor, | 是后来经约翰·康纳之手才重新改编了其程序 | 
| [00:23] | Why would skynet, an artificial computer intelligence, | 那为什么天网系统 如此一个人工智能 | 
| [00:26] | Bother to create a petite, hot, 17-year-old killer robot? | 会去创造一个火辣的17岁小矮个机器人杀手? | 
| [00:32] | Skynet is kinky? | 因为天网系统变态? | 
| [00:34] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 | 
| [00:35] | Artificial intelligences do not have teen fetishes. | 人工智能可不会把小屁孩当恋物 | 
| [00:38] | All right. Wait! they use it to… | 好吧 等等 其实他们是想用它… | 
| [00:40] | Too late. I win. | 太晚了 我赢了 | 
| [00:57] | What the hell is that? | 这究竟是什么玩意? | 
| [01:00] | I don’t know, but if cats could sing… | 我不知道 但如果猫可以唱歌 | 
| [01:04] | They’d hate it, too. | 它们也会受不了这个 | 
| [01:15] | Hey, guys! | 好啊 伙计们 | 
| [01:17] | Hi! where you going? | 你们去哪儿? | 
| [01:18] | What? | 什么 | 
| [01:19] | We just had to mail some letters and… | 我们出去寄些信 还有… | 
| [01:24] | Throw away some chicken. | 顺便把这些鸡肉扔了 | 
| [01:43] | You’ll never guess what just happened. | 你们肯定猜不到刚才发生了什么 | 
| [01:45] | Oh, I give up. | 我猜不到 | 
| [01:46] | I don’t guess. | 我根本不用猜 | 
| [01:47] | As a scientist, I reach conclusions | 作为一名科学家 我们通过 | 
| [01:48] | Based on observation and experimentation… | 观察和试验来得出结论… | 
| [01:51] | Although as I’m saying this, | 虽然我现在正这么说 | 
| [01:52] | It occurs to me you may have been employing | 但我感觉你可能已经使用了 | 
| [01:54] | A rhetorical device rendering my response moot. | 某种能带修辞的表达装置来使我的回应倍受争议 | 
| [01:58] | What was that? | 那是什么东西? | 
| [01:59] | Believe it or not, personal growth. | 你信不信 他现在开窍了 | 
| [02:01] | What happened? | 是什么事? | 
| [02:02] | All right, remember when I auditioned for that workshop | 是这样 记不记得我曾经参加了 | 
| [02:04] | Production of rent, but I didn’t get it | 出租产品展示会的试镜却没通过 | 
| [02:06] | And I couldn’t figure out why. | 并且我没想通是什么原因? | 
| [02:07] | I have a conclusion based on an observation. | 通过观察我得出了一点结论 | 
| [02:09] | No, you don’t. | 不 你没有 | 
| [02:10] | No, he doesn’t. | 不 他没有 | 
| [02:12] | Well, the girl they picked to play mimi– | 他们选中的那个女孩 | 
| [02:14] | She dropped out, and they asked me to replace her. | 她退出了 然后他们让我替代她 | 
| [02:16] | Congratulations. what a lucky break. | 恭喜你 这是个契机啊 | 
| [02:18] | It’s not that big a deal, just a one-night showcase, | 没什么大不了的 就一晚上的亮相 | 
| [02:20] | But they invite a lot of casting people and agents. | 但他们请了好多剧组人员和经纪人来 | 
| [02:22] | So, you never know. | 去了才知道啦… | 
| [02:23] | I think I know. no, you don’t. | -我想我知道 -不 你不知道 | 
| [02:26] | He doesn’t. | 他不知道 | 
| [02:27] | It’s this friday night at 8:00. you guys want to come? | 这周五晚8点 你们想不想来? | 
| [02:29] | No. no. | -不 -不 | 
| [02:32] | Because… uh… | 因为… | 
| [02:34] | Friday we are attending a symposium | 周五我们要参加一个 | 
| [02:37] | On molecular positronium. | 关于分子正负的研讨会 | 
| [02:39] | I think that’s a week from tuesday,at 6:00. | 我以为是下周二6点呢 | 
| [02:40] | No, it’s this friday. | 不 是这个周五 | 
| [02:42] | At 8:00. | 8点 | 
| [02:44] | Oh, too bad. | 太遗憾了 | 
| [02:45] | Well, I gotta get to rehearsal. | 好了 我得去排练了 | 
| [02:47] | See you guys. see ya. | -再见了 伙计们 -再见 | 
| [02:53] | You just lied to penny. | 你刚才对潘妮撒了谎 | 
| [02:55] | Yes, I did. and you did it | -是 我撒了谎 -而且你表现得 | 
| [02:57] | So casually– no rapid breathing, | 如此从容 没有呼吸急促 | 
| [02:58] | No increase in perspiration… | 也没有冒汗 | 
| [03:00] | So? | 所以说? | 
| [03:01] | So, lack of a physiological response while lying | 所以说 你撒谎时缺乏生理反应 | 
| [03:04] | Is characteristic of a violent sociopath. | 这是反社会暴力狂的特点 | 
| [03:07] | Sheldon, are you worried about your safety? | 谢尔顿 你是在担心你的人身安全吗 | 
| [03:09] | No, I imagine if you were going to kill me, | 不 我想如果你要杀了我 | 
| [03:11] | You’d have done it a long time ago. | 你早就下手了 | 
| [03:14] | That’s very true. | 说得非常正确 | 
| [04:03] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 | 
| [04:04] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 | 
| [04:05] | Leonard? what? | -里奥纳德 -干嘛 | 
| [04:09] | I need to speak to you. | 我得找你谈谈 | 
| [04:11] | It’s 2:00 in the morning! | 现在是凌晨2点 | 
| [04:13] | It’s important. | 很重要的事 | 
| [04:14] | I highly doubt that. | 我严重怀疑 | 
| [04:17] | Go away. | 走开 | 
| [04:22] | Are you still out there? | 你还在外面吗 | 
| [04:25] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [04:29] | What? | 干嘛 | 
| [04:31] | You’re right; it can wait until morning. | 你说的对 我们还是天亮了再说吧 | 
| [04:35] | What, what, what, what, what? | 什么 什么 什么 什么 什么 | 
| [04:37] | Never mind. | 没事儿 | 
| [04:38] | I clearly woke you up in the middle of a rem cycle. | 很明显我在你熟睡的时候叫醒了你 | 
| [04:41] | You’re in no state of mind to talk. | 你根本就没心情听我说话 | 
| [04:42] | Sheldon, what is it? | 谢尔顿 到底什么事 | 
| [04:46] | I’m uncomfortable having been included in your lie to penny. | 卷入了你对潘妮的欺骗事件我感到很不舒服 | 
| [04:49] | What was I supposed to say? | 那我应该怎么说 | 
| [04:51] | You could have told her the truth. | 你可以跟她说实话 | 
| [04:53] | That would have hurt her feelings. | 那样会伤害她的 | 
| [04:55] | Is that a relevant factor? | 这跟伤害她有什么关系? | 
| [04:58] | Yes. | 当然有 | 
| [04:59] | Then I suppose you could’ve agreed to go. | 那我想你应该答应她去的 | 
| [05:01] | And what would I have said afterwards? | 那我之后该怎么说? | 
| [05:04] | I would suggest something to be a fact of | 我会这么说 | 
| [05:06] | Singing is neither an appropriate vocation | 唱歌对你来说既不是一个合适的职业 | 
| [05:08] | Nor avocation for you, and if you disagree, | 也不是合适的副业 如果你不同意 | 
| [05:11] | I’d recommend you have a cat scan | 我建议你去做一个X光断层扫描 | 
| [05:12] | To look for a tumor pressing | 看看是不是有肿瘤 | 
| [05:13] | On the cognitive processing centers of your brain. | 压迫到了你大脑的认知处理单元 | 
| [05:18] | I couldn’t say that. | 我可说不出来 | 
| [05:19] | I would have to say, “you were terrific | 我只会说 你真的太棒了 | 
| [05:21] | And I can’t wait to hear you sing again.” | 我好想再听一遍你的歌声 | 
| [05:24] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [05:26] | That’s the social protocol. | 这是人们交际的法则 | 
| [05:28] | It’s what you do when you have a friend | 当你朋友对自己很烂的东西引以为傲时 | 
| [05:30] | Who’s proud of something they really suck at. | 你就应该这么做 | 
| [05:34] | I was not aware of that. | 我以前不知道 | 
| [05:35] | Well, now you are. oh. | 那你现在知道了 | 
| [05:37] | All right. leonard? | 好吧 里奥纳德 | 
| [05:39] | Yes? | 怎么 | 
| [05:40] | When we played chess earlier, | 记得我们以前玩国际象棋吗 | 
| [05:41] | You were terrific, and I can’t wait to play you again. | 你真的太棒了 我真想能有机会再跟你切磋 | 
| [05:44] | Good night. | 晚安 | 
| [05:49] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 | 
| [05:50] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 | 
| [05:51] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 | 
| [05:54] | This would be so much easier | 如果我真是反社会暴力狂 | 
| [05:56] | If I were a violent sociopath. | 那就好办多了 | 
| [05:58] | Leonard? leonard? | 里奥纳德 里奥纳德 | 
| [06:00] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [06:02] | I was analyzing our lie, and I believe we’re in danger | 我刚才分析了下我们的谎话 我在想 | 
| [06:05] | Of penny seeing through the ruse. | 潘妮要是看穿了我们的骗局 我们就危险了 | 
| [06:07] | How? | 怎么会 | 
| [06:08] | Simple, If she were to log onto | 很简单 如果她登陆 | 
| [06:10] | Www.socalphysixsgroup.org /activities/other, | www.socalphysixsgroup.org /activities/other(一学术网站) | 
| [06:15] | Click on “upcoming events,” scroll down to “seminars,” | 点击”最近活动” 往下滚找到”研讨会” | 
| [06:17] | Download the pdf schedule, | 下载日程安排 | 
| [06:18] | And look for the seminar on molecular positronium, | 然后查找分子正负的研讨会 | 
| [06:20] | Well than… | 那可好了 | 
| [06:22] | Our pants are metaphorically on fire. | 我们就要火烧屁股了 | 
| [06:30] | Well, sir, my trousers will not be igniting today. | 好吧 先生 我今天不会让火烧到我屁股的 | 
| [06:35] | Penny? | 潘妮 | 
| [06:37] | Penny? | 潘妮 | 
| [06:38] | Penny? | 潘妮 | 
| [06:41] | Good morning. | 早上好 | 
| [06:42] | Do you have any idea what time it is? | 你知不知道现在几点? | 
| [06:44] | Of course I do. | 我当然知道 | 
| [06:45] | My watch is linked to the atomic clock | 我的手表连接着科罗拉多州的 | 
| [06:46] | In boulder, colorado. | 波尔得的原子钟 | 
| [06:49] | It’s accurate to one-tenth of a second. | 精确到0.1秒 | 
| [06:51] | But as I’m saying this, it occurs to me | 但我在这说话的同时 再一次 | 
| [06:53] | That, once again, your question may have been rhetorical. | 我感觉你的问题可能是带修辞性的 | 
| [06:56] | What do you want? | 你要干什么 | 
| [06:58] | Remember how leonard told you | 还记得里奥纳德怎么跟你说 | 
| [06:59] | We couldn’t come to your performance | 为什么我们不能去看你表演吗 | 
| [07:00] | Because we were attending a symposium | 因为我们要参加研讨会 | 
| [07:02] | On molecular positronium? | 关于分子正负的 | 
| [07:05] | I remember “symposium.” | 我记得有个研讨会 | 
| [07:09] | Yes. well… he lied. | 是的 那是他骗你的 | 
| [07:11] | Wait. | 等等 | 
| [07:12] | What? | 什么 | 
| [07:14] | He lied | 他跟你撒谎了 | 
| [07:14] | And I’m feeling very uncomfortable about it. | 我对此感到很忐忑不安 | 
| [07:17] | Well, imagine how I’m feeling. | 知道我是什么感觉吗 | 
| [07:21] | Hungry? | 饿? | 
| [07:23] | Tired? | 累? | 
| [07:25] | I’m sorry, this really isn’t my strong suit. | 对不起 这真的不是我的强项 | 
| [07:29] | You told her I lied? | 你告诉他我骗她? | 
| [07:30] | Why would you tell her I lied? | 你为什么要告诉她我骗她? | 
| [07:33] | To help you. | 为了帮你 | 
| [07:36] | I’m sorry, I’m not seeing the help. | 不好意思 我没看到哪里有帮助 | 
| [07:37] | She was going to see through your lie eventually, | 她最终肯定会看穿你的谎言 | 
| [07:40] | So I told her that you were lying to protect me. | 所以 为了保护我 我告诉她你撒了谎 | 
| [07:44] | Ohh… I’m getting a bad feeling. | 我有种不好的感觉 | 
| [07:47] | Hunger? | 饿了? | 
| [07:49] | Indigestion? | 消化不良? | 
| [07:50] | I’m sorry, I’m really not very good at this. | 对不起 我真的不擅长这个 | 
| [07:53] | Anyway, | 总之 | 
| [07:54] | Penny now believes that, on friday night, | 潘妮现在已经相信 | 
| [07:56] | We’re going to participate | 周五的晚上我们要去参加 | 
| [07:57] | In my cousin leopold’s drug intervention. | 我表弟里奥珀德的戒毒调停会 | 
| [08:01] | Your cousin leopold. | 你的表弟里奥珀德 | 
| [08:03] | Who most people call leo, but he also answers to lee. | 大部分人叫他里奥 但你叫他里他也会答应 | 
| [08:05] | Remember that. it’s important. | 记住这点 这很关键 | 
| [08:07] | What’s important? | 有什么好关键的? | 
| [08:09] | Details, leonard– the success | 细节 里奥纳德 | 
| [08:10] | Or failure of our deceitful enterprise | 骗人的成功或失败 | 
| [08:12] | Turns on details. | 就是取决于细节 | 
| [08:14] | Do you have a cousin leopold? no. | -你真有个表弟叫里奥珀德? -没有 | 
| [08:16] | I made him up. | 他是我捏造的 | 
| [08:18] | I think you’d call him lee. | 我觉得你应该叫他里 | 
| [08:21] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白了 | 
| [08:22] | I already told her a lie. | 我已经跟她撒过一次谎了 | 
| [08:23] | Why replace it with a different lie? | 为什么要再撒一个不同的谎? | 
| [08:26] | Well, first of all, your lie was laughably transparent, | 首先 你的谎话很可笑且容易被识破 | 
| [08:29] | Where mine is exquisitely convoluted. | 而我的却十分缜密且难以识破 | 
| [08:32] | While you were sleeping, | 在你睡觉的时候 | 
| [08:33] | I was weaving an un-unravelable web. | 我组建了一个”非不可解释”网站 | 
| [08:37] | Un-unravelable? | 非不可解释? | 
| [08:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [08:39] | If she googles “leopold houston,” | 如果她在google里搜索”里奥珀德·休斯顿” | 
| [08:41] | She’ll find a facebook page, | 她会找到一个facebook(美国交友网站)页面 | 
| [08:43] | An online blog depicting his descent into drug use | 一个在线博客 里面有描述他吸毒走向堕落的过程 | 
| [08:45] | And a desperate yet hopeful listing on eharmony.com. | 而且在eharmony.com(美国婚介网站)有个绝望但仍有希望的名单 | 
| [08:50] | Okay, why would I go | 好吧 但是为什么 | 
| [08:52] | To a drug intervention for your cousin? | 我要去参加你表弟的戒毒调停会 | 
| [08:54] | Ah! because it’s in long beach, and I don’t drive. | 因为那在长滩 而我又不会开车 | 
| [08:58] | We’re going to long beach? | 我们要去长滩? | 
| [09:00] | No, of course not. there’s no cousin leo. | 不 当然不 根本就没有表弟里奥 | 
| [09:01] | There’s no intervention. | 也没有调停会 | 
| [09:03] | Focus, leonard. | 动动脑子 里奥纳德 | 
| [09:04] | Aw, come on. | 不会吧 | 
| [09:06] | We just leave the house on friday night and we return | 我们只需要在周五晚上离开家 | 
| [09:09] | In the wee hours, emotionally wrung out, | 然后等到凌晨再回来 | 
| [09:11] | From the work of convincing leo to go back into rehab. | 带着一幅坚信里奥回戒毒所后能改邪归正的表情 | 
| [09:14] | He goes back into rehab? | 他还要回戒毒所? | 
| [09:15] | Yes, but, he can relapse if penny | 没错 并且 要是潘妮再邀请我们听她唱歌 | 
| [09:18] | Ever invites us to hear her sing again. | 他随时可以毒瘾发作的 | 
| [09:22] | You still told her I lied. | 你毕竟还是告诉她我撒谎了 | 
| [09:24] | For a noble purpose– to spare me | 但初衷很高尚的 你是为了帮助我 | 
| [09:26] | The social embarrassment | 避免让人知道我有个吸毒的弟弟 | 
| [09:27] | Of having a drug-addled first cousin– | 这一让人尴尬的事情 | 
| [09:30] | Which I’m assuming is embarrassing, yes? | 我假设这是很尴尬 对吗 | 
| [09:34] | How am I supposed to remember all of this? | 我怎么可能记住这么多乱七八糟的 | 
| [09:36] | Oh, that’s the best part. you don’t have to. | 最精彩的部分到了 你根本不用去记 | 
| [09:38] | See, I told penny that you would be embarrassed | 我对潘妮说如果你发现 | 
| [09:39] | If you knew that she found out that you had lied, | 她知道你骗她的话 你会很尴尬 | 
| [09:42] | So she’s agreed to operate | 所以 她同意装作像上个谎话 | 
| [09:43] | As if the original lie is still in force. | 还没被拆穿一样 装作什么都不知道 | 
| [09:48] | So she’s expecting me to lie about going | 所以她以为我是撒谎 | 
| [09:51] | To a symposium in pasadena, | 说去帕萨迪纳市开研讨会 | 
| [09:53] | When, in actuality, we’re pretending | 而实际上 我们假装正要去 | 
| [09:55] | To go to a drug intervention in long beach. | 长滩参加你弟弟的戒毒调停会 | 
| [09:58] | Un-unravelable. | 非不可解释 | 
| [10:05] | Oh, hey, penny. | 潘妮 | 
| [10:06] | Wow, look at you, all ready for your showcase. | 你看看你 都整装待发准备好演出了 | 
| [10:08] | You look great. thanks. | -你看上去真漂亮 -谢谢 | 
| [10:10] | I just wanted to come by and wish you guys luck | 我只是想过来看看并且祝你们好运 | 
| [10:12] | With your… symposium. | 关于你们的…研讨会 | 
| [10:16] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [10:18] | You know, I got to tell you, a lot of friends | 我必须要跟你说 很多人都会 | 
| [10:19] | Would let their friend go alone, | 让他们的朋友孤零零一个人 | 
| [10:21] | But that’s not who you are. | 但你不是这样的人 | 
| [10:22] | You are the kind of guy who stands by a friend | 你是那种总陪在朋友身边的人 | 
| [10:25] | When… when he has a symposium to go to. | 即使当他有个…研讨会要去参加 | 
| [10:32] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道怎么说 | 
| [10:35] | It’s okay, leonard. | 没事的 里奥纳德 | 
| [10:36] | Oh, okay, all right, good. | 哦 好的 不错 | 
| [10:39] | Oh, boy, group hug. uh-uh. | 伙计 大家一起来抱抱 | 
| [10:42] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [10:44] | So, what’s up? | 怎么了? | 
| [10:45] | Well, penny is on her way to perform | 潘妮正要去一个 | 
| [10:47] | In a one-night showcase production of rent, | 出租用品展示会进行表演 | 
| [10:49] | Which we are unable to attend, because we’re going | 而我们不能去了 因为我们要去参加 | 
| [10:52] | To a symposium on molecular positronium | 由伊米尔·法尔曼法尔米安博士主讲的 | 
| [10:54] | Given by dr. emil farmanfarmian. | 关于分子正负的研讨会 | 
| [10:57] | Wait a minute– farmanfarmian is speaking | 等等 法尔曼法尔米安要来 | 
| [10:59] | And you’re bogarting the symposium? | 而你们竟然霸占这个研讨会? | 
| [11:02] | Howard, I’m sorr… we-we… | 霍华德 对不…我们… | 
| [11:03] | No, no, you’re quark-blocking us. | 不 不 你们保密到连夸克都透不过 | 
| [11:08] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道怎么说 | 
| [11:12] | Howard, listen… no, it’s okay. | -霍华德 听着… -不 没关系 | 
| [11:13] | It’s your millennium falcon. | 那是你的命根子 | 
| [11:15] | You and chewbacca do whatever you want to do. | 你可以跟楚巴卡(体型高大、身披毛发的战士)得到任何你们想要的 | 
| [11:18] | Me and princess leia here | 我跟莱娅公主(星战人物) | 
| [11:19] | Will find some other way to spend the evening. | 会找点别的事来度过今晚 | 
| [11:22] | Howard, wait. wai… | 霍华德 等等 | 
| [11:24] | Sheldon, I think we should tell them. | 谢尔顿 我觉得我们得告诉他们 | 
| [11:27] | Okay, sure. | 好吧 当然可以 | 
| [11:29] | I don’t see a problem with that. | 我觉得没有任何问题 | 
| [11:32] | There’s no symposium. | 根本就没有什么研讨会 | 
| [11:34] | Leonard lied to me. isn’t that right, leonard? | 里奥纳德跟我撒了谎 是不是 里奥纳德? | 
| [11:39] | I don’t know what to say! | 我不知道怎么说 | 
| [11:41] | It’s okay; I do. | 没关系 我来说 | 
| [11:43] | Look, leonard is helping sheldon through a family crisis. | 里奥纳德其实在帮谢尔顿解决家庭危机 | 
| [11:45] | He made up the whole story about the symposium | 他编了整个什么研讨会的故事 | 
| [11:47] | With dr. farman… farmian… | 什么法尔曼…法尔米安…博士 | 
| [11:50] | Good for you. | 你真强 | 
| [11:53] | …because he didn’t want sheldon to be embarrassed. | 因为他不想让谢尔顿尴尬 | 
| [11:55] | And there is nothing to be embarrassed about, okay? | 其实这根本没什么可尴尬的 知道吗 | 
| [11:57] | Every family in america has a relative | 在美国谁家都会有个亲戚 | 
| [11:59] | Holed up in a garage somewhere huffing paint thinner. | 干点不大光彩的事情 | 
| [12:02] | No, I’m lost, too. | 不 我也糊涂了 | 
| [12:04] | I think she skipped a step. | 我觉得她跳过了一步 | 
| [12:06] | No, look. | 不是 你们听我说 | 
| [12:07] | Sheldon’s cousin leo escaped rehab, | 谢尔顿的表弟里奥逃离了戒毒所 | 
| [12:10] | And he’s in a motel 8 in long beach. | 他现在躲在长滩的一家汽车旅馆 | 
| [12:11] | The whole family’s going out for an intervention. | 他们全家出动参加调停会 | 
| [12:14] | Leonard is driving sheldon down there | 里奥纳德要开车送谢尔顿去 | 
| [12:15] | To help him through this, because he’s such a good man. | 帮他表弟渡过难关 因为他真的是个好人哦 | 
| [12:18] | Oh, another hug? thank you. | 又抱我一次? 谢谢 | 
| [12:22] | All right, you guys, good luck. | 好了 朋友们 祝你们好运 | 
| [12:23] | Thanks, penny. | 谢谢 潘妮 | 
| [12:24] | Oh– break a leg. | 祝你演出成功 | 
| [12:26] | Break a leg. | 演出成功 | 
| [12:28] | So, road trip to long beach. | 开车去长滩 | 
| [12:29] | No. we’re not going to long beach. | 不 我们不去长滩 | 
| [12:31] | Why not? | 为什么 | 
| [12:32] | Because sheldon doesn’t have | 因为谢尔顿根本就没有一个 | 
| [12:33] | A drug-addicted cousin leopold. | 吸毒的叫里奥珀德的表弟 | 
| [12:35] | Oh, too bad. | 太遗憾了 | 
| [12:38] | I’ve always wanted to go to long beach. | 我一直都想去长滩 | 
| [12:40] | It’s a very nice community. | 的确是个不错的地方 | 
| [12:41] | The queen mary is docked there. | 玛丽女王号就停靠在那里 | 
| [12:43] | Once the largest ocean liner in the world, | 它曾是世上最大的远洋客轮 | 
| [12:45] | It’s now a hotel and restaurant, | 现在成了一家酒店和餐厅 | 
| [12:46] | Where they host a surprisingly gripping | 为顾客提供极其扣人心弦的 | 
| [12:48] | Murder mystery dinner. | 离奇谋杀主题晚宴 | 
| [12:50] | Sounds fun. I’m game. | 听起来挺有趣 我要去 | 
| [12:51] | Shotgun! | 出发! | 
| [12:52] | No, no, no. | 别 别 别 | 
| [12:54] | Leonard gets nauseous unless he sits in front, | 里奥纳德要坐前排 否则他会恶心呕吐 | 
| [12:57] | And even then, it’s iffy. | 不过即便这样 也很难保证 | 
| [13:00] | Wait, are we… really going to long beach?! | 等等 我们…真要去长滩啊?! | 
| [13:10] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 | 
| [13:11] | Leonard? leonard? | 里奥纳德 里奥纳德 | 
| [13:13] | Let it go, sheldon. | 别再想了 谢尔顿 | 
| [13:15] | The murderer was the first mate | 不管你觉得说不说得通 | 
| [13:16] | Whether it makes sense to you or not. | 谋杀犯就是第一个同事 | 
| [13:20] | No, that’s the least of our worries. | 不是 我才不关心那个呢 | 
| [13:21] | I’ve been doing some research on addiction– | 我一直在做一些关于吸毒方面的研究… | 
| [13:24] | Both the biochemical and behavioral aspects– | 既有生物化学方面的也有行为方面的… | 
| [13:26] | And I think there’s a problem | 我觉得我们现在这个 | 
| [13:27] | With the current version of our lie. | 版本的谎话有个问题 | 
| [13:29] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 | 
| [13:30] | It’s fine– she bought it; it’s over. | 无所谓了 她相信了 都结束了 | 
| [13:36] | Sadly, it’s not. | 可惜的是 并没有 | 
| [13:38] | Substance abuse is a lifelong struggle, | 对抗毒品不是一朝一夕的事 | 
| [13:40] | But beyond that, I have realized that the leo I described | 抛开这点 我意识到我所描述的这个里奥 | 
| [13:43] | Would not have agreed to go to rehab. | 根本就不会同意到戒毒所接受治疗 | 
| [13:45] | Why not? | 为什么 | 
| [13:47] | Because leo’s a middle child. | 因为里奥是中间儿(美国有”中间儿综合症”这一说法) | 
| [13:49] | There is no leo! | 根本就没里奥这个人! | 
| [13:51] | How can you say that? | 你怎么就能说这些? | 
| [13:56] | You didn’t read the bio, did you? | 你没读过他的简历 是吗 | 
| [13:59] | He’s not just a middle child, | 他不仅是个中间儿 | 
| [14:00] | He is the quintessential middle child– | 他更是个典型的中间儿… | 
| [14:02] | From a broken home, to boot. | 附:他出自破碎家庭 | 
| [14:03] | Psychologically speaking, the attention he gets by rebelling, | 从心理学上讲 即使会导致自我毁灭 | 
| [14:07] | Even to the point of self-destruction, | 对他来说 通过反抗所获得的关注度 | 
| [14:09] | Is more emotionally valuable than the help he would get at rehab. | 在情感上的价值要远远超过康复治疗所带来的效果 | 
| [14:11] | I’ve got a solution. | 我倒有个主意 | 
| [14:13] | Great. what is it? | 太好了 什么 | 
| [14:14] | Get out! | 出 去! | 
| [14:16] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [14:24] | I’ve hesitated to point this out, | 我一直犹豫要不要说 | 
| [14:26] | But I must now remind you that we | 但我必须提醒你的是 | 
| [14:28] | Are in our current predicament because of your initial | 我们目前的窘境完全是因为你先前 | 
| [14:29] | And totally inadequate deceit. | 理由相当不充分的欺骗行为造成的 | 
| [14:31] | I’m just trying to clean up after your mess. | 我只是想替你收拾残局而已 | 
| [14:37] | We’ll talk in the morning. | 我们明早再说 | 
| [14:52] | Morning. | 早 | 
| [14:54] | Who are you? | 你是谁 | 
| [14:56] | I am sheldon’s cousin leo. | 我是谢尔顿的表弟里奥 | 
| [15:03] | Sheldon does not have a cousin leo. | 谢尔顿根本没有一个叫里奥的表弟 | 
| [15:06] | Au contraire. | 恰恰相反 | 
| [15:07] | I’m 26 years old. | 我今年26岁 | 
| [15:09] | I’m originally from… denton, texas, | 我的祖籍是…德克萨斯州的登顿市 | 
| [15:13] | But I was a navy brat, so I was | 但我是个海军顽童 所以我从小 | 
| [15:15] | Brought up on a variety of military bases around the world. | 是在世界各地的军事基地长大的 | 
| [15:17] | As a result, I’ve often felt like an outsider– | 因此 我总感觉跟群体格格不入… | 
| [15:20] | Never really fitting in, | 从没真正融入过 | 
| [15:21] | Which is probably the reason for my substance abuse problem. | 这也很可能是我滥用毒品的原因 | 
| [15:24] | Excuse me, we just went over this. | 打扰一下 我们刚才还练习过一遍 | 
| [15:27] | As the quintessential middle child, your addiction | 作为一个典型的中间儿 你的赌瘾 | 
| [15:29] | Is rooted in your unmet need for attention. | 根植于你未被满足的对关注度的需求当中 | 
| [15:32] | Oh, sheldon, are we really going to go with pop psychology? | 谢尔顿 我们不是真的要用通俗心理学吧? | 
| [15:35] | For your information, this is all based on solid research. | 请注意 这些都是以有力的研究为根据的 | 
| [15:37] | Just stick with the character profile I wrote for you. | 完全依照我写给你的性格档案就行了 | 
| [15:40] | Sheldon? I’m sorry. | -谢尔顿? -不好意思 | 
| [15:41] | Leonard, this is toby loobenfeld. | 里奥纳德 这位是托比·鲁本菲尔德 | 
| [15:44] | He’s a research assistant | 他是粒子物理实验室的 | 
| [15:45] | In the particle physics lab, | 一名研究助理 | 
| [15:47] | But he also minored in theater at mit. | 不过他同时在麻省理工辅修戏剧 | 
| [15:50] | It was more of a double major, actually. | 事实上 说双学位更准确些 | 
| [15:52] | Theater and physics. | 戏剧和物理 | 
| [15:53] | You can guess which one my bourgeois parents | 可以猜一下哪门是我中产阶级的父母 | 
| [15:55] | Pushed me toward. | 逼我学的 | 
| [15:56] | Yeah, I got it. | 行了 我知道了 | 
| [15:58] | Sheldon… why? | 谢尔顿…你这是为什么 | 
| [16:00] | You see, while leo would not have gone into rehab, | 你想啊 鉴于里奥不会去接受康复治疗 | 
| [16:03] | It is completely plauible that we would have talked him | 那我们把他从汽车旅馆劝回家 | 
| [16:06] | Into leaving the motel and coming home with us. | 就是完全可以解释通的了 | 
| [16:08] | Oh… sheldon, how about this | 谢尔顿 这样设计 | 
| [16:11] | As my motivation– when I was 14 years old, | 我的动机如何…我14岁那年 | 
| [16:13] | I was abused in the philippines by a clubfooted navy chaplain. | 在菲律宾被一个先天脚畸形的海军教士虐待 | 
| [16:18] | No. we’re going with middle child | 不行 就设计成一个中间儿 | 
| [16:21] | And a genetic predisposition to inadequate serotonin production. | 具有血液中复合胺含量不足的遗传体质倾向 | 
| [16:24] | Swell. how do I play genetic predisposition? | 亏你想得出来 遗传体质你要我怎么扮? | 
| [16:28] | Subtextually, of course. | 当然是如字面意思所示 | 
| [16:33] | Just have fun with it. | 尽情享受就好了 | 
| [16:40] | Morning, penny. | 早 潘妮 | 
| [16:42] | Hi. how did the intervention go? | 家庭会议开得怎么样? | 
| [16:43] | Unfortunately, we weren’t able to convince him to go to rehab. | 很不幸 我们没能说服他去戒毒所接受治疗 | 
| [16:47] | Oh. well, based on what you told me, I am not surprised. | 基于你昨天跟我说的那些 我一点都不惊讶 | 
| [16:52] | But we did convince him to leave the motel. | 但我们说服他搬出汽车旅馆了 | 
| [16:55] | Come say hello. | 进来认识一下 | 
| [16:57] | Leo. this is penny, | 里奥 这位是潘妮 | 
| [17:01] | Our friend and neighbor. | 我们的朋友和邻居 | 
| [17:02] | Hi, leo. | 你好 里奥 | 
| [17:04] | How are you feeling? | 你现在感觉如何 | 
| [17:10] | Let me ask you something, penny. | 潘妮 问你个问题 | 
| [17:13] | Have you ever woken up in a fleabag motel | 你有过吐得浑身都是 然后一觉醒来 | 
| [17:15] | Covered in your own vomit, | 发现自己身在一个破烂的汽车旅馆 | 
| [17:17] | Next to a transsexual prostitute? | 身边还躺着个人妖妓女的经历吗 | 
| [17:23] | No. | 没有 | 
| [17:24] | Then don’t ask me how I’m feeling. | 那就别问我感觉如何 | 
| [17:29] | Well, that’s leo. | 这位就是里奥 | 
| [17:33] | Why don’t you tell me about your showcase last night. | 跟我说说你昨晚的演出吧 | 
| [17:35] | Oh. it was okay, I guess. | 还好啦 我觉得 | 
| [17:36] | It wasn’t a big turnout, | 场面不算太热烈 | 
| [17:37] | But they both really seemed to like it. | 但他俩好像都很喜欢我的表演 | 
| [17:39] | There were only two people there? | 就俩人? | 
| [17:41] | By the end, yeah. | 坚持到最后的 是的 | 
| [17:44] | Damn you, chaplain harrigan! | 你个该死的哈里根教士! | 
| [17:49] | I’m… I’m sorry? | 你…你说什么 | 
| [17:51] | The philippines. | 那是在菲律宾的时候 | 
| [17:54] | 1992. | 1992年 | 
| [17:57] | The subic bay naval station. | 在苏比克湾海军基地(美国位于菲律宾吕宋岛的海军维修基地) | 
| [17:59] | A young boy on the cusp of manhood. | 一个年轻的男孩即将步入成年 | 
| [18:02] | His only companions, | 他的同伴只剩下 | 
| [18:04] | Mongrel dogs and malarial mosquitoes. | 杂种狗和疟疾蚊子 | 
| [18:07] | Desperate and alone, | 绝望交织着孤独 | 
| [18:09] | He reached out to a man who promised to introduce him | 他遇见这个许诺将他引荐给 | 
| [18:13] | To a merciful, loving god, | 仁爱上帝的男人 | 
| [18:15] | But who instead introduced him | 但恰恰相反 却将他引荐给了 | 
| [18:17] | To a gin-pickled tongue shoved down his adolescent throat. | 一个大醉松子酒 舌头卷进喉咙的小青年 | 
| [18:24] | What choice did he have but to drink, | 除了用酗酒 吸毒 | 
| [18:26] | Shoot and snort his pain away? | 来宣泄痛苦 他还有什么选择呢? | 
| [18:32] | Don’t forget his genetic predisposition towards addiction. | 别忘了是他的遗传体质引发的吸毒成瘾 | 
| [18:35] | That’s never been proven. there have been studies. | -那从未被证实 -有过很多研究 | 
| [18:37] | Not double-blind studies. | 但不是双盲试验啊 | 
| [18:38] | How could there be a double-blind study? | 怎么可能实施双盲试验? | 
| [18:40] | Who would be the control group? | 谁来做对照组? | 
| [18:41] | As you can see, detoxing can get pretty ugly. | 正如你看到的 戒毒是件很丑陋的事情 | 
| [18:43] | Let’s give them some privacy. | 我们给他们点空间 | 
| [18:44] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [18:46] | Hey, do you want to come over to my place, have coffee? | 想来我家坐坐 喝杯咖啡吗 | 
| [18:47] | Oh, sounds good. | 不错啊 | 
| [18:49] | I have a video of me singing last night. | 我有我昨晚唱歌的录像 | 
| [18:51] | Do you want to see it? | 想看吗 | 
| [18:53] | Gee, why wouldn’t i? | 为什么不呢? | 
| [18:55] | This is even better than you coming to the showcase, | 这比你亲自去看演出都要精彩 | 
| [18:57] | Because now I get to watch you watch me. | 因为我要看着你看着我唱歌 | 
| [18:59] | Yeah… | 是啊… | 
| [19:01] | Funny how things work out. | 事情的进展真搞笑 | 
| [19:04] | …but he loved the companionship | …可是他喜欢那些同伴 | 
| [19:06] | And the wisdom that his own father failed to provide. | 还有他的父亲无法给予他的智慧 | 
| [19:10] | Your parents made the right decision. | 你父母做了正确的决定 | 
| [19:18] | I cannot work like this. | 我没法这样工作 | 
| [19:30] | This is amazing. | 这种感觉太棒了 | 
| [19:32] | Just sitting on a couch watching tv with a woman. | 坐在沙发上跟一个女人一起看电视 | 
| [19:36] | Not being drunk or, or high | 不酗酒 不磕药 | 
| [19:38] | Or wondering if you’re a dude down there. | 也不用担心你是个人妖 | 
| [19:43] | Leo, you are a very sweet, really funny guy. | 里奥 你真的是个很可爱也很有趣的男生 | 
| [19:47] | You’re going to do okay. | 你一定会没事的 | 
| [19:49] | One day at a time, penny. | 潘妮 每天都能有这么一次就够了 | 
| [19:55] | One day at a time. | 每天都能有这么一次就够了 | 
| [20:02] | How long is he going to stay here? | 他还要在这待多久? | 
| [20:04] | He’s a homeless drug addict, leonard. | 里奥纳德 他是个无家可归的吸毒者 | 
| [20:06] | Where is he going to go? | 他能去哪? | 
| [20:08] | Boy, you have a lot to learn about lying. | 天啊 你真得好好学学怎么撒谎了 |