时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Clarify something for me. | 谁能给我澄清一下 |
[00:14] | Isn’t the point of a communal meal | 聚餐的精髓难道不该在于 |
[00:17] | the exchange of ideas and opinions? | 互相交换看法和主张吗 |
[00:19] | An opportunity to consider important issues of the day? | 这难道不该是讨论今日大事的时刻吗 |
[00:22] | It is. | 是啊 |
[00:23] | You just kind of put a damper on things | 但是每当你威胁要将 |
[00:25] | when you said, “The next person I see talking | 边吃边说的人至于死地之后 |
[00:27] | with food in their mouth will be put to death.” | 我们就全无兴致了 |
[00:30] | Well, we could argue about who said what all night long, | 如果要深究谁说了什么的话 我们能纠结一整晚 |
[00:33] | but to set things back on course, | 但为了回到正轨上 |
[00:35] | I will propose a new topic of conversation. | 我要为聚餐开启个新的话题了 |
[00:38] | Great. | 不得了了 |
[00:39] | What is the best number? | 最棒的数字是哪一个 |
[00:42] | By the way, there’s only one correct answer. | 多说一句 答案是唯一的 |
[00:47] | 5,318,008? | 五百三十一万八千零八 |
[00:50] | Wrong. | 错误 |
[00:52] | The best number is 73. | 最棒的数字是73 |
[00:58] | You’re probably wondering why. | 你们估计会疑惑原因 |
[01:00] | No. Uh-uh. We’re good. | 没没 我们没有 |
[01:00] | 73 is the 21st prime number. | 73是第21个质数 |
[01:03] | Its mirror, 37, is the 12th, and its mirror, 21, | 而它反过来说 37是第12个质数 而它再反过来21 |
[01:07] | is the product of multiplying– | 则是构成73的两个数字 |
[01:09] | hang on to your hats– seven and three. | 高潮来了 也就是7和3相乘的结果 |
[01:13] | Eh? Eh? Did I lie? | 怎么着 怎么着 我说错没 |
[01:17] | We get it. | 我们懂了 |
[01:17] | 73 is the Chuck Norris of numbers. | 73就是数字界的查克·诺里斯 |
[01:21] | Chuck Norris wishes. | 那是对查克·诺里斯的褒奖 |
[01:23] | In binary, 73 is a palindrome: | 同时73用二进制表示的结果 |
[01:26] | “one-zero-zero-one-zero-zero-one” | 是1-0-0-1-0-0-1 |
[01:29] | which backwards is “one-zero- zero-one-zero zero one” | 所以它反过来念是1-0-0-1-0-0-1 |
[01:32] | exactly the same. | 两者是一致的 |
[01:33] | All Chuck Norris backwards gets you is: “Sirron Kcuhc.” | 而把查克·诺里斯的名字反着念是”Sirron Kcuhc”[无意义] |
[01:38] | Just for the record, | 我插一句 |
[01:39] | when you enter 5,318,008 on a calculator, | 如果你把5318008输进计算器后 |
[01:43] | upside-down it spells “boobies”” | 它倒过来显示拼写的单词是”咪咪” |
[01:50] | Remember when you were wondering | 记得你曾疑惑过为何 |
[01:51] | why the girls didn’t want to eat with us tonight? | 女生们晚上不想跟我们一起吃吗 |
[01:53] | Yeah, I get it now. | 是啊 我现在懂了 |
[01:57] | I love your little heart locket, Bernadette. | 我喜欢你的心形小吊坠 伯纳黛特 |
[01:58] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:59] | Howard gave it to me. | 是霍华德送我的 |
[02:01] | It’s the cutest thing. | 这是最好玩儿的事了 |
[02:02] | Every time I have dinner with his mom, | 每当我跟他妈妈共进晚餐后 |
[02:04] | the next day I get jewelry. | 隔天总会收到他送我的首饰 |
[02:07] | Did you know that the iconic Valentine’s heart shape | 你们知道人们情人节送的这种心形符号 |
[02:09] | is not actually based on the shape of a human heart, | 其实它的原型并不是人的心脏 |
[02:12] | but rather on the shape of the buttocks of a female bending over? | 而是女性弯腰时显露的臀部形状吗 |
[02:18] | Oh, so I spent seventh grade | 也就是说我的七年级 |
[02:19] | dotting my I’s with little asses? | 一直都用的小屁股作为点缀了是吧 |
[02:23] | Cool. | 酷啊 |
[02:26] | Hey, Penny, how’s it going? | 你好啊 佩妮 最近过得如何 |
[02:27] | Hey, Zack, what are you doing here? | 你好啊 扎克 你来这做什么呢 |
[02:29] | My dad’s company prints the menus for this place. | 我爸的公司为这家店印制菜单 |
[02:31] | I’m just dropping off some new ones laminated. | 我来送些过塑了的新版本 |
[02:33] | Makes ’em easier to clean if people throw up on ’em. | 这样吐在上面以后容易打扫一点 |
[02:37] | Guess how I got the idea? | 猜猜我怎么想到的点子 |
[02:38] | Yeah, I got it, I got it. | 好了好了 我懂的 |
[02:41] | Uh, Zack, these are my friends Bernadette and Amy. | 扎克 这是我的朋友们 伯纳黛特和艾米 |
[02:44] | – Hi. – Hey. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[02:45] | Hoo. | 呼~ |
[02:49] | Okay, well, it was good to see you. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[02:51] | Yeah, you, too. | 我也是 |
[02:53] | He’s really cute. How do you know him? | 他好帅啊 你俩怎么认识的 |
[02:54] | Oh, we went out a couple of times. | 我们约会过几次 |
[02:56] | I’m often flummoxed by current slang. | 我总被时下的表达方式所迷惑 |
[02:58] | Does “went out” mean “had intercourse”? | 约会过是不是总代表着交媾过 |
[03:01] | – Yes. – No, no. | -是的 -不是 不是的 |
[03:04] | But in this case, yes. | 但这次 是的 |
[03:06] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[03:07] | And was it not satisfactory? | 是不是过程不太满意啊 |
[03:08] | No, it was great. | 不 其实还不错 |
[03:09] | He just didn’t really challenge me on an intellectual level. | 只是他没有在智商层面上给我压力 |
[03:13] | Couldn’t you just fool around with him and then listen to NPR? | 你不能将就一下他 然后一起去听听NPR吗 |
[03:18] | Wouldn’t help. Zack can’t even spell NPR. | 没用的 扎克连NPR的全称都拼不出来 |
[03:22] | It’s what I do with Howard. | 我跟霍华德相处就是这么做的 |
[03:23] | I’m much smarter than he is. | 我比他要聪明 |
[03:25] | But it’s important to protect his manhood. | 但保护他的男子气概是很重要的 |
[03:29] | Hoo. | 呼~ |
[03:32] | What’s the matter? | 你怎么了 |
[03:34] | I’m suddenly feeling flushed. | 我只是突感气血涌动 |
[03:35] | My heart rate is elevated, my palms are clammy, | 我的心率加速 掌心冒汗 |
[03:39] | my mouth is dry. | 口干舌燥 |
[03:40] | In addition, I keep involuntarily saying “hoo.” | 还有 我只是不由自主地想说”呼~” |
[03:44] | Oh, we know what’s causing that, don’t we? | 我想我们明白发生了什么 是吧 |
[03:47] | It’s no mystery. | 毫无疑问 |
[03:48] | I obviously have the flu | 我明显是患有感冒 |
[03:49] | coupled with sudden-onset Tourette’s syndrome. | 及其突发性妥瑞综合症 |
[04:22] | Did you hear about the accident at the bio lab? | 听说生物试验室发生的事故了吗 |
[04:24] | – No. – What happened? | -没 -发生了什么事 |
[04:25] | They were injecting rats with radioactive isotopes | 他们给老鼠注射了放射性同位素 |
[04:28] | and one of the techs got bit. | 但其中的一名技术员被咬了 |
[04:30] | Did he get superpowers? | 那他得到了超能力吗 |
[04:34] | No, he got five stitches and a tetanus shot. | 没 他被缝了五针外加一针破伤风针剂 |
[04:38] | Oh. Well, that’s disappointing. | 太令人失望了 |
[04:41] | Why? | 为何这么说 |
[04:42] | Well, you get bit by a radioactive animal in a lab, | 如果你在试验室被放射性动物咬伤 |
[04:44] | you kind of want to turn into a superhero. | 你肯定想成为超级英雄的 |
[04:47] | Yeah, but who’d want to become Rat-Man? | 但谁又想变成鼠魔侠呢 |
[04:51] | Who wouldn’t? | 谁不想啊 |
[04:53] | You could zip through a maze in nothing flat, | 你可以在迷宫里横冲直撞 |
[04:56] | squeeze through really small holes, | 钻进很小的地洞 |
[04:57] | and shut down restaurants in a single bound. | 而且只要蹦跶几下就能让餐馆关门 |
[05:00] | And the best part is, if I were Rat-Man, | 而且最棒的是 如果我是鼠魔侠 |
[05:03] | you could be my sidekick, Mouse Boy. | 你就可以当我的跟班 鼠娃 |
[05:10] | Mouse Boy? | 鼠娃 |
[05:12] | You don’t like “Mouse Boy”? | 你不喜欢鼠娃吗 |
[05:13] | How about “Kid Vermin”? | 那害虫娃呢 |
[05:16] | First of all, if we had superpowers, | 首先 要是我们真有超能力 |
[05:17] | I wouldn’t be the sidekick. You’d be the sidekick. | 我肯定不会是跟班 你才是跟班 |
[05:20] | Rat-Man is nobody’s sidekick. | 鼠魔侠才不会是跟班呢 |
[05:23] | Leonard, settle this. | 莱纳德 你说句公道话 |
[05:24] | Of the two of us, who’s the obvious sidekick? | 我们俩 谁更像跟班 |
[05:27] | Yeah, Leonard, who? | 没错 莱纳德 你说是谁 |
[05:31] | 12 years after high school, and I’m still at the nerd table. | 高中毕业十二年了 我还是悲催地混在书呆子帮里 |
[05:39] | Aren’t you slicing that man’s brain a little too thin? | 你是不是把这个人的脑子切得太薄了点 |
[05:47] | It’s too thin if I were making | 我这要是在奎兹诺餐厅 |
[05:48] | a foot-long brain sandwich at Quiznos. | 做英尺人脑三明治的话 就的确是切太薄了 |
[05:52] | For examination under a two-photon microscope, it’s fine. | 但是放在双光子显微镜下检验的话 就不算薄 |
[06:00] | Well, you’re the expert. | 好吧 你是专家 |
[06:01] | If the correct way to do it is the wrong way, then I yield. | 如果胡来才是正确的方法的话 那我闭嘴 |
[06:05] | Very well. | 很好 |
[06:06] | If you die and donate your body to science, | 如果你死后将遗体捐献给科学研究的话 |
[06:08] | I promise to slice your brain like Canadian bacon. | 我保证我会把你的大脑切得跟加拿大培根一样厚 |
[06:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:14] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[06:15] | I have to take my temperature. | 我要量一下我的体温 |
[06:18] | Are you monitoring your circadian rhythms | 你是在监控你的生理节奏 |
[06:19] | in order to identify your periods of maximum mental acuity? | 以确定你脑部活动最旺盛的时段吗 |
[06:23] | I did that one summer. | 我曾经在某个暑假试过 |
[06:24] | Ah, youth. | 美好的童年啊 |
[06:27] | No, I experienced some distressing symptoms last night, | 不是 我昨晚产生了一些奇怪的症状 |
[06:30] | so I’m checking my vital signs every hour. | 所以我每个小时都在检查自己的生命迹象 |
[06:33] | I’d be happy to create a chart | 我很乐意帮你做个图表 |
[06:35] | and participate in a differential diagnosis. | 进行一下差异分析 |
[06:37] | Oh, that sounds like fun. | 好像挺好玩的嘛 |
[06:41] | All right. | 开始吧 |
[06:44] | What were the symptoms? | 你有哪些症状 |
[06:45] | Elevated heart rate, moist palms, dry mouth | 心跳加速 手心出汗 口干舌燥 |
[06:49] | and localized vascular throbbing. | 还有局部的血管抽动 |
[06:53] | Localized to what region? | 局部是哪 |
[06:57] | Ears and genitalia. | 耳朵和生殖器 |
[07:01] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[07:02] | Not body parts that usually team up. | 是两个通常不会放一起说的器官 |
[07:08] | What about environmental factors? | 那环境因素呢 |
[07:10] | Describe the scene for me. | 形容一下当时的情景 |
[07:12] | I was sitting in a restaurant with Penny and Bernadette, | 我跟佩妮还有伯纳黛特一起在餐馆 |
[07:14] | drinking water — carbonated as it was a special occasion. | 喝水 而且喝的是碳酸水 因为那是特殊场合 |
[07:18] | Penny’s friend Zack stopped by and said hello | 佩妮的朋友扎克过来打了个招呼 |
[07:20] | and I said “hoo.” | 然后我就说”呼”[和”谁”同音] |
[07:23] | Who? | 谁 |
[07:24] | Zack. | 扎克 |
[07:26] | Then why did you ask? | 你知道是扎克还问 |
[07:28] | – Ask what? – Who. | -问什么 -问”谁”呀 |
[07:30] | Zack. | 扎克 |
[07:32] | All right, let’s start over. | 好吧 重头来一遍 |
[07:35] | What did you say when Zack walked in? | 扎克走过来后你说了什么 |
[07:37] | – “Hoo”. – Zack. | -“呼”[“谁”] -扎克 |
[07:39] | Why do you keep saying “Zack”? | 你为什么一直说”扎克” |
[07:41] | Because you keep saying “who.” | 因为你一直问”谁”[“呼”]呀 |
[07:43] | I’m not saying “hoo” now. | 我现在可没说”呼” |
[07:44] | I said “hoo” last night. | 我是昨晚说的”呼” |
[07:45] | And the answer was Zack, correct? | 答案就是扎克 对吧 |
[07:48] | There was no question. | 我没问问题啊 |
[07:49] | I simply said “hoo.” | 我只是说了”呼” |
[07:53] | All right, I think I have enough to go on. | 好吧 我不纠结了 |
[07:57] | Possible explanations for your symptoms are, | 你以上症状的诱因 |
[08:00] | in descending order of likelihood: | 根据可能性降序排列的结果如下 |
[08:02] | hyperthyroidism, premature menopause, | 甲亢 过早绝经 |
[08:05] | hosting an alien parasite or — | 外星人附体 或是 |
[08:08] | and I only include it for the sake of covering | 以下这个结果纯粹是为了涵盖所有 |
[08:10] | absolutely all bases — sexual arousal. | 可能因素 那就是性冲动 |
[08:16] | Where would I have picked up an alien parasite? | 我在哪儿被外星人附的身啊 |
[08:22] | There you are. | 找到你了 |
[08:24] | Let me ask you a question. What are you most afraid of? | 问你个问题 你最怕什么 |
[08:28] | I don’t know. Um… | 我也不知道 |
[08:29] | nuclear war. | 核战 |
[08:30] | Accidentally being buried alive. | 不小心被活埋了 |
[08:32] | Any of those movies where you get that phone call | 或者是像那种电影情节一样 突然接到一个电话 |
[08:34] | that says you’re going to die. | 电话那头的人说你就要死了 |
[08:35] | And then you do. | 结果你还就真挂了 |
[08:37] | No. Something very specific | 不是这些 是某个 |
[08:39] | that we both know you, | 咱俩都知道你 |
[08:40] | Rajesh Koothrappali, are terrified of. | 也就是拉杰·库萨帕里 害怕的东西 |
[08:44] | Well, type two diabetes runs in my family. | 我家的确有二型糖尿病史 |
[08:46] | The thought of losing a toe… | 糖尿病后期会掉脚趾的 |
[08:47] | Spiders! You’re afraid of spiders! | 是蜘蛛 你怕蜘蛛 |
[08:51] | What the heck is this? | 这是什么 |
[08:52] | A jar with a big spider in it, of course. | 当然是装着一只大蜘蛛的罐子啦 |
[08:55] | Bravery test. | 勇敢度测试 |
[08:56] | First one to take his hand out is the sidekick. | 先把手拿出来的人就是跟班 |
[09:01] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[09:03] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[09:06] | Are you scared? | 你怕了吗 |
[09:07] | No. But it’s a stupid test. | 没有 但这测试很白痴 |
[09:09] | Oh, really? What if the Earth was in danger | 是吗 要是地球危在旦夕 |
[09:12] | and the only way to save it was | 而唯一拯救的方法就是 |
[09:13] | to stick your hand in a jar with a spider? | 把你的手伸进装着蜘蛛的罐子里呢 |
[09:16] | Oh, yeah? What if the Earth was in danger | 是吗 要是地球危在旦夕 |
[09:18] | and the only way to save it was to take a shower | 而唯一的拯救办法就是 |
[09:19] | in the locker room and let other guys see you naked? | 在更衣室里洗澡 还被人看到你的裸体 |
[09:24] | Oh, come on. That’s never gonna happen. | 得了 这事没可能发生 |
[09:27] | Put your hand in the jar | 快把手放进罐子里 |
[09:29] | or forever be revealed as my sidekick. | 不然你就一辈子做我跟班吧 |
[09:32] | All right, I will. | 好吧 这就放 |
[09:36] | How did you get so brave all of a sudden? | 你怎么一下子胆儿这么肥了 |
[09:39] | It’s easy. | 简单 |
[09:40] | The spider’s crawling up your arm. | 蜘蛛都爬到你手臂上了 |
[09:47] | Get it off! Get it off! | 快把这货弄下来 |
[09:49] | Please, Raj! | 快点 拉杰 |
[09:53] | Please. | 别愣着 |
[10:01] | My blood work shows thyroid function normal. | 我的血检表明甲状腺功能正常 |
[10:03] | Cortisol levels normal. | 皮质醇水平也正常 |
[10:05] | How about your follicle-stimulating hormone levels? | 那你的垂体卵泡刺激素水平呢 |
[10:08] | Sheldon, I am not going through menopause. | 谢尔顿 我还没到更年期 |
[10:11] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[10:12] | You said that with the testy bark of an old biddy. | 你这口气听着像个暴躁的欧巴桑 |
[10:17] | I think we need to face the cold, hard truth: | 我觉得我们得面对一个残酷的现实 |
[10:20] | I was sexually aroused by Penny’s friend Zack. | 我被佩妮的朋友扎克性唤起了 |
[10:23] | Hang on. I don’t know | 慢着 我觉得 |
[10:25] | that we’ve given the alien parasite hypothesis | 我们还没考虑过外星人附体的可能性呢 |
[10:27] | a fair shake. | 这个合理假设 |
[10:29] | Let’s look at this logically. | 我们还是有点逻辑吧 |
[10:30] | I have a stomach; I get hungry. | 我有胃 所以会饿 |
[10:33] | I have genitals; I have the potential for sexual arousal. | 我有生殖器 所以也可能会有性冲动 |
[10:36] | A cross we all must bear. | 这是我们必须承受的负担 |
[10:41] | You know, in difficult moments like this, | 每次我遭遇这种艰难时刻 |
[10:44] | I often turn to a force greater than myself. | 我总是借助更强大的力量约束自己 |
[10:47] | Religion? | 宗教信仰吗 |
[10:48] | Star Trek. | 《星际迷航》 |
[10:50] | Did you see Star Trek: The Motion Picture? | 你看过《星舰迷航记I》吗 |
[10:52] | – No. Don’t. – It’s terrible. However… | -没有 -别看了 烂得要死 但是… |
[10:55] | in it, we learn that | 在这部电影里我们知道 |
[10:56] | when Spock finds himself drawn off the path of logic | 当史波克发现自己丧失了理性逻辑 |
[11:00] | by feelings bubbling up from his human half, he suppresses them | 而被他人类那部分的情绪所影响 |
[11:03] | using the Vulcan mental discipline of Kolinahr. | 他就用瓦肯族科里纳心律原则压抑自己 |
[11:07] | Are you suggesting we live our lives | 你的意思是 我们的人生要受 |
[11:08] | guided by the philosophies found in cheap science fiction? | 不入流的科幻作品里的思想的影响吗 |
[11:11] | “Cheap science fiction”? | 不入流的科幻作品 |
[11:18] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[11:20] | Using Kolinar to suppress my anger at that last comment. | 用科里纳规则来压抑我因为上个评论所产生的愤怒 |
[11:26] | Is it possible that your concern for me at this moment | 你现在对我这么在意 |
[11:28] | is motivated by nothing more than simple jealousy? | 会不会就是因为嫉妒作祟 |
[11:33] | I hadn’t considered that. | 这我倒没想过 |
[11:35] | Give me a moment. | 稍等片刻 |
[11:39] | All right, I’ve considered it. | 好了 我想过了 |
[11:41] | – And? – I reject it. | -然后呢 -驳回这一说法 |
[11:44] | You reject it because you don’t feel jealousy, | 是因为你没感觉到嫉妒 |
[11:46] | or because you are suppressing jealousy? | 还是因为你压抑掉了 |
[11:50] | I think I’ll eat my lunch at home. | 我想我还是回家吃午餐吧 |
[11:54] | That’s not your lunch, Sheldon; | 那不是你的午餐 谢尔顿 |
[11:55] | those are the cadaver brain specimens. | 那些是尸体的大脑标本 |
[12:01] | As they were incorrectly sliced, | 就因为你切片切得不对 |
[12:03] | you can see how I could mistake them for my sashimi. | 害得我都把它们当成生鱼片了 |
[12:15] | – Hello. – Hey. | -你好 -好啊 |
[12:17] | Isn’t tomorrow your usual laundry night? | 你不是都明天洗衣服的吗 |
[12:19] | The supermarket was out of my regular fabric softener. | 我常用的柔软剂超市卖光了 |
[12:23] | If this one under-or over-softens, | 如果这一款过柔或不够柔 |
[12:25] | I’ll need time to make things right. | 我得花时间处理 |
[12:28] | That’s thinking ahead. | 真会未雨绸缪 |
[12:30] | The alternative would be to think backwards. | 换句话说是怎么早没想到 |
[12:33] | That’s just remembering. | 这下记住了 |
[12:37] | So how’s Amy? | 艾米怎么样了 |
[12:38] | Amy’s changed. | 艾米变了 |
[12:40] | I might have to let her go. | 也许我该放手了 |
[12:43] | Oh, no. Why? | 哦不 为什么啊 |
[12:44] | I thought she was a highly evolved creature | 我以为她是个高度进化的 |
[12:47] | of pure intellect, like me. | 纯高智商物种 就像我 |
[12:49] | But recent events indicate that | 而最近的事件表明 |
[12:51] | she may be a slave to her baser urges. | 她也许不过是个屈服于低级欲望的生物 |
[12:54] | Like you. | 就像你 |
[12:57] | Just going to skip over that insult. | 这句侮辱我就当没听到吧 |
[13:00] | What insult? | 什么侮辱 |
[13:02] | Yeah! That’s why I’m going to skip over it. | 没错 所以我才要假装没听到 |
[13:05] | Are you saying that Amy is… | 你是说艾米她… |
[13:07] | oh, what’s the scientific word… | 用科学的话怎么说来着… |
[13:09] | Forget science. She’s horny. | 别提科学了 她就是很饥渴 |
[13:15] | Oh! Okay. Wow. | 好吧 哎呀 |
[13:16] | It’s simple biology. There’s nothing I can do about it. | 完全是生理上的需求 我无能为力 |
[13:24] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[13:27] | What are you suggesting? | 你这是什么意思 |
[13:29] | I’m suggesting there might be something | 我的意思是 也许你可以对 |
[13:32] | you could do about… Amy’s urges? | 艾米的欲望 做点什么 |
[13:39] | It’s illegal to spay a human being. | 切除人的卵巢是犯法的 |
[13:45] | Yeah. That’s not what I had in mind. | 好吧 我不是这意思 |
[13:51] | You mean… something I could do. | 你是说我自己可以做什么 |
[13:54] | Exactly. | 一点没错 |
[13:56] | Well, I was hoping to avoid this. | 好吧 我一直想避免这么做 |
[14:00] | But I might as well get it over with. | 但我想还是勉为其难一下吧 |
[14:03] | Thank you, Penny. | 谢谢 佩妮 |
[14:05] | I’ll let you know what happens. | 我会告知你结果的 |
[14:10] | Oh, Amy, you lucky girl. | 哎呀 艾米 你真是个幸运儿 |
[14:16] | Yes. This is Dr. Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀博士 |
[14:18] | Is this the Zack Johnson | 请问你是扎克·强生吗 |
[14:20] | who used to have coitus with my neighbor Penny? | 和我邻居佩妮交媾的那个 |
[14:25] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[14:33] | Hello. I’m looking for a Zack Johnson | 你好 我想找扎克·强生 |
[14:36] | who used to have coitus with my neighbor Penny. | 曾和我邻居佩妮交媾的那位 |
[14:39] | Coitus. It means intercourse. | 交媾 就是性交 |
[14:42] | And I have a feeling I’m speaking to the right Zack. | 我有预感你就是我要找的那位扎克 |
[14:45] | This is Sheldon Cooper. | 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[14:47] | Fine. Shelly. | 好吧 就是谢利 |
[14:50] | Yes, that does sound like a girl’s name. | 对 确实很像女孩名 |
[14:53] | No, it doesn’t bother me. | 不 我不觉得困扰 |
[14:55] | Yes, “Smelly Shelly” does bother me. | 对 叫我”臭谢利”我确实很困扰 |
[14:58] | Let me tell you why I’m calling. | 我告诉你我为啥打给你 |
[14:59] | I’d like to know if you’d be interested | 我想知道你是否有兴趣 |
[15:01] | in having sex with Amy Farrah Fowler. | 跟艾米·菲拉·福勒性交 |
[15:05] | Amy Farrah Fowler. | 艾米·菲拉·福勒 |
[15:07] | Yes, that is a girl’s name. | 没错 这确实是个女孩 |
[15:10] | Good grief. It’s like trying to talk to a dolphin. | 天哪 简直就是对牛弹琴 |
[15:15] | Really? | 坑爹呐 |
[15:16] | This is going to decide who’s the hero and who’s the sidekick? | 这样来决定谁是英雄 谁是跟班 |
[15:29] | You got a better idea? | 你有更好的主意 |
[15:30] | Every idea is better than this idea. | 随便哪个主意都比这好 |
[15:35] | Ding! | 叮 |
[15:36] | – Wait. What the hell is “ding”? – It’s a bell. | -等等 叮什么叮 -这是铃声 |
[15:38] | I don’t think this kind of wrestling has a bell. | 我可不觉得摔跤比赛是用铃的 |
[15:41] | Fine. How do you want to start? | 好吧 你说怎么着 |
[15:42] | I say, uh, how about one, two, three, go? | 不然我们喊一二三开始 |
[15:44] | One-two-three-go? That’s for babies. | 一二三开始 那是小孩子用的 |
[15:47] | Okay, how about, uh… | 好吧 不然这样… |
[15:49] | on your mark, get set, go? | 各就各位 预备 开始 |
[15:50] | That’s for a footrace. If you want to race, | 那是赛跑用的 你想跑吗 |
[15:52] | we have to go outside. | 那还得出去跑 |
[15:53] | No, it’s chilly outside. Didn’t bring my jacket. | 不 外面太冷了 我没穿外套 |
[15:57] | Oh, for crying out loud. | 搞什么名堂 |
[15:58] | What kind of superhero needs a jacket? | 哪门子超级英雄还需要外套啊 |
[16:01] | What kind of superhero says, “Dibs on the red tights! | 那你告诉我哪门子英雄会说 “那件红色紧身衣是我的” |
[16:04] | Dibs on the red tights!” | “那件红色紧身衣是我的” |
[16:06] | All right, how about this? Ready, wrestle. | 那这样吧 预备 摔跤 |
[16:08] | Wait. Are we starting now? Or is that what you’re going to say | 等等 现在就开始吗 还是等真的开始时 |
[16:10] | – when we do start, or… – We’re starting now! | -再说这句话 -现在就开始 |
[16:11] | Don’t yell at me! | 别冲我嚷嚷 |
[16:21] | Suppose there are worse ways to spend a Friday night. | 假设还有比这更糟糕的方法耗过周五的夜晚 |
[16:26] | None come to mind. | 完全想不到啊 |
[16:32] | Look at this stamp. On what authority | 看看他们盖的这戳 谁允许他们 |
[16:35] | are they permitted to mutilate patrons as they enter? | 在顾客进门时往他们手上盖印子的 |
[16:40] | I’m sure it’ll wash off. | 肯定洗得掉的 |
[16:42] | Little comfort tonight. | 今晚总算还有点安慰 |
[16:43] | I look like a Hell’s Angel. | 我看着像地狱天使 |
[16:47] | There’s Zack. | 扎克在那 |
[16:49] | Are you sure this is what you want to do? | 你确定真的想这么做吗 |
[16:51] | It’s not what I want to do; | 不是我想做 |
[16:53] | it’s what I have to do. | 而是不得不做 |
[16:56] | Go, Amy Farrah Fowler. | 去吧 艾米·菲拉·福勒 |
[16:59] | Follow your endocrine system. | 遵循自己内分泌系统的呼唤 |
[17:02] | Thank you, Sheldon. You’re a good friend. | 谢谢 谢尔顿 你真是好朋友 |
[17:04] | Please don’t drag this out. | 区区小忙不足挂齿 |
[17:10] | This is never going to come off. | 这玩意肯定洗不掉 |
[17:13] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下 |
[17:16] | Zack, I am Amy Farrah Fowler. We met the other night. | 扎克 我是艾米·菲拉·福勒 那晚见过的 |
[17:19] | I have spent my life in pursuit of pure knowledge. | 我一直在追求着纯粹的知识 |
[17:22] | Until I met you, my decisions were founded in logic and reason | 直到遇到了你 才合理理性地决定 |
[17:25] | And yet here I stand before you, 130 pounds of raging estrogen, | 站在你面前的 是130磅沸腾的雌性激素 |
[17:29] | longing to grab hold of your gluteus maximus | 渴望着抱住你的臀大肌 |
[17:31] | and make Shakespeare’s metaphorical | 来一场莎士比亚所比喻的 |
[17:32] | beast with two backs. | 禽兽一样的勾当 |
[17:37] | My gluteus what? | 我的臀什么 |
[17:40] | On the other hand, | 另一方面 |
[17:42] | as I look at the blank, ape-like expression on your face, | 看到你这一片空白傻瓜似的表情 |
[17:44] | I have decided to adopt the Vulcan practice of Kolinar. | 我又决定去培养瓦肯人”柯里纳”的习惯 |
[17:48] | – Good-bye, Zack. – Bye. | -再见 扎克 -再见 |
[17:51] | Hoo. | 呼~~ |
[17:57] | That should hold me for a while. | 这样够我支撑一会了 |
[18:09] | I’m legally obligated to inform you | 法律上我有义务提醒你 |
[18:11] | that I took a karate lesson when I was 11. | 我11岁时上过空手道课程 |
[18:15] | I’d be a regular ninja by now | 要是我妈安排好搭车的事 |
[18:16] | if my mom could’ve arranged a carpool. | 我现在早就是一合格的忍者了 |
[18:19] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[18:20] | Well, I’ve been taking Pilates class at the rec center, | 我在健身中心上过普拉提课程 |
[18:22] | and my abs look like sections of a Hershey bar. | 我的腹肌就跟哈希巧克力块儿一样 |
[18:26] | Oh, yeah? Won’t matter, you’re going down! | 是吗 没关系 反正你输定了 |
[18:28] | No, uh-uh, you’re going down! | 不 你才输定了 |
[18:29] | If anybody’s going to go down, it’s going to be you. | 有人输的话 肯定是你 |
[18:32] | Fellas. It’s been 30 minutes. Nobody’s touched each other. | 伙计们 都30分钟了 你们还没碰过对方 |
[18:39] | I’m glad you decided to reject your animal hindbrain | 很高兴你决定驳回你的动物本能 |
[18:42] | and return to the realm of pure intellect. | 回到纯粹智力的领域 |
[18:44] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[18:49] | What are you doing? | 你这是干嘛 |
[18:50] | An experiment. | 做个实验 |
[18:54] | Nope. Nothing. Never mind. | 没 没什么 算了 |
[19:06] | You realize you can’t win. | 你知道你赢不了的吧 |
[19:07] | I prefer to think that I can’t lose. | 我宁愿相信 我输不了 |
[19:13] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[19:14] | It’s only a matter of time | 那只是时间问题 |
[19:15] | before you fall into Rat-Man’s rat trap. | 你迟早会落入鼠魔侠的捕鼠器的 |
[19:20] | You pathetic fool! | 你个可悲的笨蛋 |
[19:21] | If there were a rat-catcher, wouldn’t it catch Rat-Man? | 有捕鼠器的话 难道不会抓到鼠魔侠么 |
[19:25] | Just because I didn’t express myself well | 我没表达好 |
[19:26] | doesn’t mean my underlying point was invalid! | 不代表我的观点也不对 |
[19:29] | You bloviating buffoon! | 你个喋喋不休的小丑 |
[19:31] | You narcissistic nincompoop! | 你个自恋的脑残 |
[19:33] | You crimson coward! | 你个红鬼懦夫 |
[19:35] | Oh, Leonard, wake up, | 莱纳德 醒醒 |
[19:36] | you’re missing some very excellent superhero quips. | 你错过了不少超级英雄的精彩名言了 |