| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | Sheldon, did you just figure out a method | 谢尔顿 你这是想出了一个办法 | 
| [00:05] | for synthesizing a new stable super-heavy element? | 可以人工合成一种新型稳定超重元素吗 | 
| [00:08] | Did I? | 是吗 | 
| [00:10] | Well, that can’t be right. | 这不可能呀 | 
| [00:11] | No one’s ever done that before. | 从来没有人成功过呢 | 
| [00:12] | Except me, because I just did it! | 除了我 我想出来了 | 
| [00:15] | Sheldon and his brain– yeah! | 谢尔顿谢尔顿脑力无边 | 
| [00:16] | Sheldon and his brain– yeah! | 谢尔顿谢尔顿脑震八方 | 
| [00:19] | I’ve made a horrible mistake. | 我犯了个可怕的错误 | 
| [00:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 | 
| [00:22] | This table– it’s in square centimeters. | 这个表格是平方厘米制的 | 
| [00:25] | I read it as square meters. | 我看成了平方米 | 
| [00:26] | You know what that means? | 知道这意味着什么吗 | 
| [00:28] | That Americans can’t handle the metric system? | 美国人看不懂公制吗 | 
| [00:33] | Amy, I was off by a factor of 10,000. | 艾米 我这是失之毫厘差之千里的错误 | 
| [00:36] | But the Chinese team found the element. | 但是中国研究小组发现了元素 | 
| [00:38] | Yeah, well, they shouldn’t have. | 他们不应该发现的 | 
| [00:39] | My calculations were wrong. | 我的计算是错的 | 
| [00:41] | the greatest scientific achievement of my life | 我这辈子最伟大的科学成就 | 
| [00:43] | is based on a blunder. | 是建立在一个巨大的错误之上 | 
| [00:45] | I’m not a genius, | 我不是天才 | 
| [00:46] | I’m a fraud. | 我是个骗子 | 
| [00:49] | You know, Sheldon, in neuroscience, | 谢尔顿 在神经系统学里 | 
| [00:50] | we’re forever finding something in one part of the brain | 我们总是在大脑某处有所发现 | 
| [00:53] | that we thought was someplace else. | 但地方和原来想的完全不一样 | 
| [00:54] | Oh, great, now I’m worse than a fraud. | 这下可好 我连骗子都不如了 | 
| [00:57] | I’m practically a biologist. | 我沦为生物学家之流了 | 
| [01:00] | 时至今日 | |
| [01:02] | This is Science Friday. I’m Ira Flatow. | 欢迎收听《科学星期五》 我是艾拉·菲莱 | 
| [01:04] | My guest today is responsible for the discovery | 今日的来宾是第一个 | 
| [01:07] | of the first stable super-heavy element. | 稳定超重元素的发现者 | 
| [01:09] | Welcome, Dr. Sheldon Cooper. | 欢迎谢尔顿·库伯博士 | 
| [01:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [01:13] | Uh, the university made me come here. | 是学校硬要我来的 | 
| [01:15] | I didn’t want to. | 我本人并不想来 | 
| [01:17] | Uh, big fan of the show. | 我是这节目的忠实听众哦 | 
| [01:21] | So, I understand that you actually discovered | 我听说你之所以发现这元素 | 
| [01:23] | this element by mistake. | 完全是因为一个错误 | 
| [01:27] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [01:30] | And some people in the science community are calling it | 而科学界有些人把这个错误称之为 | 
| [01:32] | – “The Wonder Blunder.” – Who? | -“蠢货奇迹” -那些人是谁 | 
| [01:34] | Give me their names. | 告诉我他们的名字 | 
| [01:36] | I bet it’s Wolowitz. | 肯定是沃罗威茨 | 
| [01:38] | It’s just such a fascinating story. | 这故事真是太了不起了 | 
| [01:40] | Your calculations are way off, | 你在计算上偏差了这么多 | 
| [01:42] | but they find the element anyway. | 却还是有人找到了这元素 | 
| [01:44] | It’s like misreading a treasure map | 感觉就像是读错藏宝地图 | 
| [01:47] | and still finding the treasure. | 却还是找到了宝藏一样 | 
| [01:49] | Can we talk about something else? | 我们能聊别的话题吗 | 
| [01:51] | Do you know that I yodel? | 你知道我会唱山歌吗 | 
| [01:55] | That’s interesting, but this could be taking you | 那不错啊 但这发现有可能 | 
| [01:57] | down the path toward a Nobel Prize. | 让你获得诺贝尔奖 | 
| [02:00] | And in chemistry, no less. | 而且是化学奖哦 | 
| [02:02] | And wouldn’t that be unusual? | 这种情况很少见吧 | 
| [02:03] | Because you’re a physicist. | 因为你是物理学家 | 
| [02:05] | Yes, yes, I’d be a physicist with a Nobel in chemistry. | 对对对 我将是获得诺贝尔化学奖的物理学家 | 
| [02:08] | Everyone laugh at the circus freak. | 大家快来笑我这个奇葩吧 | 
| [02:11] | You know, I don’t need to sit here and take this, Flatow. | 我不需要坐在这忍受你的羞辱 菲莱 | 
| [02:15] | It is because of bullies like you, | 就是因为有你这种恶霸 | 
| [02:16] | every day more and more Americans | 所以每天才会有越来越多的 | 
| [02:18] | are making the switch to television. | 美国人转投看电视 | 
| [02:48] | President Seibert, I don’t know why you’re yelling. | 塞伯特校长 你为什么要凶我 | 
| [02:51] | You’re the one who made me go on the radio. | 是你叫我去上广播节目的 | 
| [02:53] | I was expecting a professional science interview, | 我以为那会是一场专业的科学访谈 | 
| [02:56] | not an attack by some morning zoo shock jock. | 而不是被整人节目口无遮拦的主持人攻击 | 
| [03:01] | Well, if the university needs money so badly, | 如果学校这么缺钱 | 
| [03:03] | perhaps you should start a swear jar. | 或许你该设立个脏话罚款筒赚钱 | 
| [03:07] | That one’s worth a dollar. | 你这一串脏话够罚一块钱啊 | 
| [03:11] | I know you don’t like it, | 我知道你不喜欢上节目 | 
| [03:13] | but every time you do an interview, | 但是你每次去接受采访 | 
| [03:14] | it raises the profile of the university. | 都能提大学提高知名度 | 
| [03:16] | That translates to funding. | 高知名度就有高资助费 | 
| [03:18] | Yeah, well, I’m not just some trained monkey | 我又不是受训的卖艺猴子 | 
| [03:20] | dancing for coins. | 帮他们乞讨钱 | 
| [03:22] | Of course you’re not. | 你当然不是啦 | 
| [03:24] | People love trained monkeys. | 那种猴子多讨人喜欢 | 
| [03:27] | How can you not be happy? | 你有什么好不开心的啊 | 
| [03:29] | You’re tall, thin and famous. | 你又高又瘦又出名 | 
| [03:31] | Oh, my God, I’m jealous of Sheldon. | 天啊 我好嫉妒谢尔顿 | 
| [03:35] | Look, you’re gonna be doing this stuff for a while. | 这些访谈估计还持续一段时间 | 
| [03:37] | You’re just gonna have to find a way to get used to it. | 你得找到习惯这些事的方法 | 
| [03:39] | But none of you know what this is like. | 但你们没人能懂我的心情 | 
| [03:41] | Being celebrated for something you wish you never did. | 自己悔恨不已的事却被人大肆赞扬 | 
| [03:44] | Mmm… you clearly haven’t been with me at Mardi Gras. | 想必你没跟我一起去过狂欢节 | 
| [03:51] | Want to pause the video game and help me clean up? | 要暂停一下游戏来帮忙我打扫吗 | 
| [03:53] | I am cleaning up. | 我正在打扫啊 | 
| [03:54] | Look at the mess the Joker made of Gotham City. | 打扫小丑对高谭市造成的破坏 | 
| [03:58] | Come on, it’s your friend who’s coming to stay here. | 拜托 要来暂住的可是你的朋友 | 
| [04:01] | Raj grew up in India. | 拉杰是在印度长大的 | 
| [04:02] | Trust me, he’s seen worse. | 相信我 比这更脏的他都见过 | 
| [04:05] | Howie. | 华仔 | 
| [04:06] | I promise I’ll help out the rest of the week. | 我保证这周接下来的日子我会帮忙 | 
| [04:09] | The rest of the week? | 这周接下来的日子 | 
| [04:10] | You said it was just gonna be a night or two. | 你不是说就一两天吗 | 
| [04:11] | Yeah, but if I told you a week, | 但如果我直接跟你说住一周 | 
| [04:12] | – would you have said yes? – No! | -你会同意吗 -当然不会 | 
| [04:14] | Then you left me no choice. | 所以我只好出此下策啦 | 
| [04:18] | I love Raj, but that’s a long time for a house guest. | 我喜欢拉杰 但他这暂住也太久了吧 | 
| [04:21] | I know, but they’re tenting his building. | 但他的公寓整个楼都在除虫 没法住 | 
| [04:22] | He can’t find a hotel he likes that allows dogs. | 他也找不到能让带宠物的酒店 | 
| [04:25] | He’s bringing Cinnamon? | 他还带小桂子来啊 | 
| [04:26] | For a whole week! | 待一整周呢 | 
| [04:27] | The nerve of some people. | 有些人真是大惊小怪 | 
| [04:33] | Here comes the Embarrassment Express. | 迎面而来的是羞愧号快车 | 
| [04:37] | With stops at Fraudville… | 将会经过 骗子镇站 | 
| [04:39] | WonderBlunderberg… | 蠢货奇迹山站 | 
| [04:42] | and Kansas City. | 以及堪萨斯城 | 
| [04:45] | Because it’s a hub. | 只因这是运输交汇处 | 
| [04:49] | Sheldon, can I come in? | 谢尔顿 我能进来吧 | 
| [04:50] | – Do you have cookies? – No. | -你有带饼干吗 -没有 | 
| [04:51] | Good. I don’t deserve cookies. Come in. | 很好 我不配吃饼干 进来吧 | 
| [04:56] | – Wil…? – Hey, Sheldon. | -威尔… -谢尔顿 | 
| [04:58] | It’s been a while. | 好久不见 | 
| [04:59] | Why are you here? | 你怎么来了 | 
| [05:00] | Amy said you were having a rough time, | 艾米说你最近不开心 | 
| [05:02] | and I thought maybe we could talk. | 我就想来开导开导你 | 
| [05:03] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 | 
| [05:04] | Certainly. | 当然可以 | 
| [05:06] | Although… | 虽然… | 
| [05:06] | right now, I’m having a rough time | 现在我就不开心 | 
| [05:08] | because there’s three people in my room, | 因为我房间现在有三个人 | 
| [05:10] | and it’s starting to feel like a discotheque. | 感觉跟迪斯科舞厅一样拥挤 | 
| [05:14] | Sheldon, you said you were unhappy getting attention | 谢尔顿 你说你不开心是因为 | 
| [05:16] | for something you wished you never did. | 人们都在关注让你悔恨不已的事 | 
| [05:18] | Yeah, I know a little something about that. | 关于这事 我也有点经验 | 
| [05:21] | Oh, nonsense, Wil. | 少来了 威尔 | 
| [05:23] | Your endless tweets are not that bad. | 你的刷屏微博也没那么糟啦 | 
| [05:27] | I remember why it’s been a while. | 我想起这么久不见他的原因了 | 
| [05:30] | Sheldon, I was actually talking | 谢尔顿 我要说的是 | 
| [05:31] | about when I was a kid on Star Trek. | 我小时候在星际迷航里演出的事 | 
| [05:34] | How could you not like getting attention | 你怎么会不喜欢因为出演该电影 | 
| [05:35] | for playing Wesley Crusher? | 而获得大家的关注呢 | 
| [05:37] | You were wonderful. | 你的角色很讨喜啊 | 
| [05:38] | A know-it-all boy genius with an eidetic memory. | 一个全知全能记忆超强的男孩 | 
| [05:42] | Who couldn’t relate to that? | 谁对那个角色会没有代入感啊 | 
| [05:45] | Well, not everybody felt that way. | 不是每个人都这么想的 | 
| [05:47] | A lot of people really hated the character, | 很多人很讨厌那个角色 | 
| [05:49] | and some of them hated me because of it. | 因此有些人也为此而讨厌我 | 
| [05:51] | I would do interviews, | 我也曾接受过访谈 | 
| [05:52] | and people would be mean to me. | 很多人都会嘲讽我 | 
| [05:54] | That just happened to me. | 我也碰到这种事了 | 
| [05:56] | Next time you’re stuck for a tweet, | 下次你想不出刷什么屏了 | 
| [05:57] | feel free to say what a jerk Ira Flatow is. | 欢迎你写一条艾拉·菲莱是混蛋的微博 | 
| [06:01] | Sheldon, the point is Wil learned to embrace that part of his life | 谢尔顿 重点的是威尔能学会接受现实 | 
| [06:05] | and moved on to bigger and better things. | 然后更重要的东西迈进 | 
| [06:08] | Yeah, I’m an author now, | 是啊 我现在是个作家 | 
| [06:09] | I do public speaking, | 经常公开演讲 | 
| [06:10] | and I have my own web series about board games. | 我自己还出了一部关于桌游的网络剧 | 
| [06:14] | We’re trying to cheer him up, so… | 我们是要哄他开心 所以… | 
| [06:21] | I’m just saying that there was a time when I thought | 我只是想告诉你 曾有一段时间 | 
| [06:23] | I would never get out of Wesley Crusher’s shadow. | 我以为自己走不出那角色的阴影 | 
| [06:25] | But now, | 但现在 | 
| [06:26] | it’s just one small part of a pretty great life, | 那只是我完美人生中的一小章节 | 
| [06:29] | and it’s a part that I’m happy is there. | 我也很开心有过那些经历 | 
| [06:32] | I do see what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思 | 
| [06:34] | That helps. | 挺受用的 | 
| [06:35] | Good. | 那就好 | 
| [06:36] | Would you two like to stay and play trains with me? | 你们俩个要留下来一起玩火车吗 | 
| [06:38] | – Sure. – Okay. | -好 -可以啊 | 
| [06:39] | Oh, great! | 太好了 | 
| [06:41] | Now… | 现在呢 | 
| [06:44] | I work the controls. | 我来操作控制器 | 
| [06:45] | I say “All aboard”, | 我来喊”请上车” | 
| [06:46] | you sit quietly and watch. | 你们俩安静坐着看就行了 | 
| [06:50] | Can I blow the whistle? | 我能吹哨子吗 | 
| [06:53] | You should probably go. | 你还是走吧 | 
| [07:03] | You’re gonna brush your teeth on my couch? | 你要在我家沙发上刷牙吗 | 
| [07:04] | No, I’m gonna brush Cinnamon’s teeth. | 我是要刷小桂子的牙 | 
| [07:08] | Why bother? | 何苦呢 | 
| [07:08] | She spends half the time licking her butt. | 她有一半的时间都是在舔屁眼 | 
| [07:12] | And the other half licking my face. | 另一半的时间是在舔我脸 | 
| [07:13] | That’s why I’m brushing her teeth. | 所以我才要帮她刷牙 | 
| [07:18] | Hey, guys. Sorry I’m so late. | 抱歉 我回来晚了 | 
| [07:19] | Did you already have dinner? | 你们吃完饭了吗 | 
| [07:20] | No, we were waiting for you. | 没 我们在等你 | 
| [07:22] | Aw, that’s so sweet. | 你们真好 | 
| [07:23] | Yeah. So what do you feel like making? | 所以你今晚打算煮什么呢 | 
| [07:27] | Howard, the poor thing just got home from work. | 霍华德 这可怜的姑娘刚忙完回家 | 
| [07:30] | Let me get you a glass of wine. | 我先给你倒杯酒 | 
| [07:31] | I’ll cook dinner. | 然后我来做晚餐 | 
| [07:32] | – Oh, Raj, you’re our guest. – Don’t be silly. | -拉杰 你可是客人 -没关系啦 | 
| [07:35] | Sit. You look like you’ve had a long day. | 快坐下 你看上去很累 | 
| [07:37] | No, she always looks like that. | 没事啦 她经常这样 | 
| [07:42] | Because she married an idiot. | 因为她嫁了个傻逼 | 
| [07:47] | Thank you, Raj. | 谢谢 拉杰 | 
| [07:48] | Please, this is my way of thanking you | 客气啥 就当是我感谢你们 | 
| [07:52] | for letting me stay here. | 让我住在这里吧 | 
| [07:53] | Now, tell us all about your day. | 跟我们说说你今天过得怎么样 | 
| [07:56] | Okay, um, well, first, I was late to a meeting | 好的 首先我开会迟到了 | 
| [07:59] | ’cause I was stuck in traffic. | 因为在路上堵车了 | 
| [08:00] | Well, I keep telling you to put that traffic app on your phone. | 我就叫你在手机装一个交通实时监控软件嘛 | 
| [08:02] | Hey, when you got home today complaining that you felt sick | 你今天回家抱怨 因为吃太多糖豆 | 
| [08:05] | from eating too many jelly beans, | 而肚子不舒服时 | 
| [08:06] | did I tell you how to fix it? | 我有教你怎么解决问题吗 | 
| [08:07] | No. | 没有 | 
| [08:10] | I said, “Aw, that must hurt,” | 相反 我说”小可怜 一定很疼吧” | 
| [08:12] | and I rubbed your belly. | 然后帮你揉肚肚 | 
| [08:18] | I thought of you the whole time. | 我全程都在想着你 | 
| [08:23] | All I’m saying is there’s a time to just listen. | 我的意思是 有时你只需去倾听 | 
| [08:25] | Thank you. | 多谢 | 
| [08:26] | There’s also a time to stop eating too many jelly beans. | 有时你也得适可而止 别吃那么多糖豆 | 
| [08:28] | And it’s when you’re ten. | “有时”是指十岁以后 | 
| [08:34] | Hello, President Siebert. | 塞伯特校长 | 
| [08:35] | Thank you for taking my call. | 谢谢您接听我的电话 | 
| [08:37] | I just wanted you to know that you can now expect | 我只是想让您知道 您现在可以指望我 | 
| [08:40] | enthusiastic participation from me regarding my discovery. | 热心参与有关我的发现的一切活动了 | 
| [08:43] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 | 
| [08:44] | No need to thank me. | 无需感谢我 | 
| [08:45] | Thank my friend, Wil Wheaton. | 要谢就谢我的朋友 威尔·惠顿 | 
| [08:49] | For your information, I have nine friends, hmm? | 向您报告一下 我有九个朋友 | 
| [08:53] | Ten if we include you. | 算上您的话 就十个 | 
| [08:56] | Nine it is. | 那就九个吧 | 
| [09:01] | Ah, it’s ten. I’ll count Wolowitz. | 还是十个吧 算上沃罗威茨好了 | 
| [09:06] | Hello, friend Leonard. | 你好 朋友莱纳德 | 
| [09:07] | Hey, you’re in a good mood. | 你心情不错嘛 | 
| [09:09] | I’m in a great mood. | 我心情超棒的 | 
| [09:10] | Well, you’re about to be in an even better one. | 那你的心情即将变得更棒 | 
| [09:13] | I didn’t want to say anything until I knew for sure, | 我是现在确定了才敢告诉你 | 
| [09:14] | but… | 但 | 
| [09:15] | I’ve been re-running the tests on your element in my lab | 我在我实验室重新测试了你的元素 | 
| [09:18] | and I disproved it. | 我证明了它不存在 | 
| [09:19] | Your element does not exist! | 你的元素根本不存在 | 
| [09:22] | Yeah, but what about the Chinese research team? | 是吗 但中国的研究小组呢 | 
| [09:24] | They found it. | 他们的确发现了啊 | 
| [09:25] | Yeah, it turns out someone added | 结果证明是有人在 | 
| [09:27] | simulated signals to the data files. | 数据文件里加入了模拟信号 | 
| [09:29] | They faked the results. | 他们伪造了结果 | 
| [09:31] | – Really? – Yes! | -真的吗 -真的 | 
| [09:32] | Do you know what that means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 | 
| [09:33] | That means all of this attention that you hate goes away. | 你讨厌的所有关注 通通都会消失 | 
| [09:37] | So no more interviews? | 所以不会再有访问吗 | 
| [09:38] | No, it’s all over. | 对 全都结束了 | 
| [09:39] | I can’t believe it. | 真是难以置信 | 
| [09:40] | Well, you’re welcome. | 不用客气 | 
| [09:41] | You robbed me of my greatest achievement! | 你夺走了我这辈子最大的成就 | 
| [09:45] | What?! | 什么 | 
| [09:46] | I’m back down to nine friends! | 我现在只有九个朋友了 | 
| [09:49] | Make it eight– I’m sick of Wolowitz, too! | 算了 八个吧 我也不喜欢沃罗威茨 | 
| [09:53] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 | 
| [09:54] | All you’ve done since you discovered | 自从你发现这个该死的元素后 | 
| [09:56] | this stupid element was complain. | 你就一直在抱怨个不停 | 
| [09:57] | I was trying to make you happy! | 我只是想让你开心 | 
| [09:59] | By taking away my only claim to fame? | 所以要夺走我唯一成名的机会吗 | 
| [10:02] | Well, if you wanted to make me happy, | 如果你想让我开心 | 
| [10:03] | you could have told me a joke. | 你可以跟我讲个笑话 | 
| [10:04] | Or shown me a cute video | 或是给我看一段有爱的视频 | 
| [10:07] | of a koala and an otter | 比如考拉和水獭 | 
| [10:08] | becoming unlikely friends. | 破天荒地成为朋友 | 
| [10:10] | Oh, there is no winning with you. | 你总是最有理那个 | 
| [10:13] | And koalas and otters don’t even live near each other! | 而且考拉和水獭居住地差了十万八千里 | 
| [10:15] | That’s what makes their friendship unlikely! | 所以它们成为朋友才是破天荒之举 | 
| [10:19] | What’s with all the yelling? | 你们俩在吵什么啊 | 
| [10:21] | Leonard disproved my element. | 莱纳德推翻了我的发现 | 
| [10:23] | Now all the attention is going to go away. | 现在所有的关注都要消失了 | 
| [10:25] | Oh, that’s great. You must be thrilled! | 这很好啊 你一定很激动吧 | 
| [10:27] | That’s it! I’m down to seven friends. | 很好 我现在只剩七个朋友了 | 
| [10:32] | He’s counting hobbits and superheroes, right? | 他是连霍比特人和超级英雄都算上了吧 | 
| [10:35] | When I thought the element was real, I didn’t want it. | 一开始我以为元素是真实存在的 我不想要它 | 
| [10:37] | But now that Leonard made it not exist, | 但现在莱纳德证实它并不存在 | 
| [10:39] | I want it more than anything in the world. | 它反而成了我全世界最想要的东西了 | 
| [10:41] | The-the element never existed. | 那元素从来就不存在 | 
| [10:43] | I didn’t take it away, science took it away. | 不是我夺走它 而是科学夺走了它 | 
| [10:45] | Be mad at science. | 要气就气科学吧 | 
| [10:46] | Don’t you dare use science against me. | 你胆敢用科学来反驳我 | 
| [10:50] | Science is my best friend! | 科学可是我最好的朋友 | 
| [10:52] | Oh, good, I’m back up to eight. | 太好了 我又有八个朋友了 | 
| [10:55] | Will you tell him he’s out of his mind. | 你能告诉他 他疯了吗 | 
| [10:57] | Actually, I get what he’s saying. | 老实说 我理解他的意思 | 
| [10:58] | Oh, yes! Nine! | 太棒了 变九个了 | 
| [10:59] | Welcome back, buddy. | 欢迎回来 朋友 | 
| [11:03] | It’s like if you’re dating someone you’re not that into, | 就像跟一个你不是很喜欢的人约会 | 
| [11:05] | and then they break up with you | 等那人跟你分手了 | 
| [11:06] | and then you want them more than ever. | 你就变得很想要那人了 | 
| [11:07] | I have no idea what she’s talking about. | 我完全不知道她在说什么 | 
| [11:09] | but we’re ganged up on you so I agree. | 但我们现在联手对付你 所以我赞成她的话 | 
| [11:13] | Okay, Sheldon, what do you want me to do, | 谢尔顿 那你要我怎么样 | 
| [11:15] | hide the information? | 隐瞒我的发现吗 | 
| [11:17] | If I don’t publish it, | 如果我不公布 | 
| [11:18] | it’s just a matter of time before someone else does. | 迟早其他人也会这么做的 | 
| [11:20] | No, no, of course you have to publish. | 不 你当然得公布 | 
| [11:22] | That’s your responsibility as a scientist. | 那是你作为一个科学家应尽的责任 | 
| [11:23] | Doing otherwise would be unethical. | 否则会违背职业道德 | 
| [11:25] | You have no choice. | 你别无选择 | 
| [11:27] | Fine, I’ll publish. | 好吧 我会公布 | 
| [11:28] | Can you believe this guy? | 你看这没良心的混球 | 
| [11:38] | Aw! Raj did the dishes. | 拉杰把碗都洗了 | 
| [11:40] | How do you know I didn’t do them? | 你怎么知道不是我洗的 | 
| [11:41] | Because once, when all the knives were dirty, | 因为有一次 所有刀子都没洗 | 
| [11:43] | you cut a bagel with your keys. | 你宁愿用钥匙切面包圈 也懒得洗 | 
| [11:47] | Good morning, everybody. | 早上好 两位 | 
| [11:49] | I picked up coffee while I was out. | 我出去的时候 顺便买了咖啡 | 
| [11:51] | Bernadette, here’s your soy peppermint mocha. | 伯纳黛特 这是你的大豆薄荷摩卡 | 
| [11:54] | Aw, you didn’t have to do that. | 你真是太客气了 | 
| [11:56] | Oh, my pleasure, | 乐意之至 | 
| [11:56] | and don’t worry about your presentation today. | 对了 不要担心今天的演讲 | 
| [11:58] | You’re gonna be great. | 你一定会表现出色 | 
| [11:59] | Yeah, you’re gonna knock it out of the park. | 对啊 你一定能震惊四座 | 
| [12:01] | What presentation do I have today? | 我今天要做什么演讲来着 | 
| [12:05] | Just go. | 快走吧 | 
| [12:11] | He loves you. | 他很爱你的 | 
| [12:12] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 | 
| [12:13] | Are you trying to make me look bad? | 你是故意让我难堪吗 | 
| [12:15] | I’m just being a good house guest. | 我只是想当个好客人 | 
| [12:16] | No, you’re being a better husband than I am. | 不 你是想当一个比我还好的丈夫 | 
| [12:18] | Doing the dishes, getting coffee, | 洗碗 买咖啡 | 
| [12:19] | knowing about her life– | 对她的生活了如指掌 | 
| [12:21] | who does that? | 谁会那样做啊 | 
| [12:24] | Oh, come on, I brought you one, too. | 别这样嘛 我也给你买了一杯 | 
| [12:25] | I don’t want coffee. | 我不想喝咖啡 | 
| [12:27] | That’s why I got you hot chocolate. | 所以我给你买了热巧克力 | 
| [12:28] | Give me that. | 快给我 | 
| [12:31] | Just stop showing me up. | 不许什么都做得比我好 | 
| [12:33] | Howard, listen to me. | 霍华德 听我说 | 
| [12:35] | You’re a great husband. | 你是一个很棒的丈夫 | 
| [12:36] | Yes, your listening skills could use some work. | 没错 你倾听的技巧还需要多练练 | 
| [12:39] | But it’s amazing how far you’ve come | 但作为一个独生子 | 
| [12:41] | given that you’re an only child | 还有一个过度保护的老妈 | 
| [12:43] | raised by an over-protective mom. | 你算做得很不错啦 | 
| [12:46] | Um, is this getting weird? | 这情形好像有点奇怪啊 | 
| [12:48] | Hang on. | 别动 | 
| [12:54] | So, yes. | 的确是很怪 | 
| [12:59] | I just wanted to let you know that I-I posted my findings. | 我想告诉你一声 我发表了我的发现 | 
| [13:02] | I saw. | 我看见了 | 
| [13:04] | And I just posted a retraction of my paper. | 我刚发公告 要求撤回我的论文 | 
| [13:07] | Now the whole scientific community knows I was wrong. | 现在整个科学界都知道我是错的 | 
| [13:10] | These things happen all the time, Sheldon. | 这样的事情经常发生 谢尔顿 | 
| [13:12] | Not to me. | 不是发生在我身上 | 
| [13:14] | The only other retraction I ever had to issue | 我之前唯一一次公告的撤回说明 | 
| [13:15] | was when I was seven and I conceded that my brother | 还是在我7岁的时候 我承认我哥哥 | 
| [13:18] | was the greatest ninja in East Texas. | 是东德州最优秀的忍者 | 
| [13:22] | But that was just a ploy | 但那只是把我的脸 | 
| [13:23] | to get my face out of his armpit. | 从他的臭腋窝里拯救出来的权宜之计 | 
| [13:26] | There he is! | 他在这里啊 | 
| [13:29] | It’s my favorite superhero– | 我最爱的超级英雄 | 
| [13:31] | the Retractor! | 撤回侠 | 
| [13:35] | Come on, don’t give him a hard time. | 拜托 别落井下石了 | 
| [13:38] | I’m sorry, Cooper. | 对不起 库珀 | 
| [13:39] | I retract it. | 我撤回刚才说的话 | 
| [13:42] | By the way, Hofstadter, | 顺便说下 霍夫斯塔德 | 
| [13:44] | nice job disproving the Chinese team. | 做得真棒 推翻了中国研究组的结果 | 
| [13:46] | It’s not a big deal. | 不算什么 | 
| [13:47] | It’s a huge deal. | 这可是大事 | 
| [13:49] | Cooper, maybe physics just isn’t your thing. | 库珀 也许你不太适合研究物理 | 
| [13:52] | Have you ever considered a career in retail? | 有没有考虑转去做零售 | 
| [13:55] | That way you could take things back for a living. | 这样你就能靠撤回东西过生活了 | 
| [13:59] | Okay, Barry, that’s enough. | 好了 巴里 太过了 | 
| [14:00] | Oh, no, that’s okay. | 不 没事 | 
| [14:02] | I can fight my own battles. | 我可以打赢自己的战斗 | 
| [14:04] | Isn’t that right, “Bawwy.” | 对吗 “八尼” | 
| [14:10] | Is…? | 你这是 | 
| [14:11] | Is that a reference to my speech impediment? | 在嘲笑我的语言障碍吗 | 
| [14:15] | That’s pretty hurtful. | 太伤人了 | 
| [14:17] | I… | 我 | 
| [14:19] | I can’t control it. | 我自己没法控制 | 
| [14:22] | You’re right, | 你说得对 | 
| [14:23] | That was uncalled for. | 这招太卑鄙了 | 
| [14:25] | I take it back. | 我收回 | 
| [14:27] | Of course you do. | 你当然要收回了 | 
| [14:27] | Because you’re the Retractor! | 因为你是鼎鼎大名的撤回侠 | 
| [14:34] | Raj, this dinner was amazing. | 拉杰 晚餐的味道太好了 | 
| [14:36] | If you’re here much longer, | 如果你多住一段时间 | 
| [14:37] | I’m gonna have to buy bigger clothes. | 我得买大一号的衣服了 | 
| [14:38] | Nonsense. | 瞎说 | 
| [14:40] | You need a little fattening up. | 你需要长点肉 | 
| [14:41] | You’ve been looking too skinny lately. | 你最近太瘦了 | 
| [14:45] | Howie, how come you never say anything sweet like that? | 华仔 你怎么从来不会说这些哄人开心的话 | 
| [14:47] | What are you talking about? | 说什么呢 | 
| [14:48] | Remember last week, when I asked you | 记得上周 我问你 | 
| [14:49] | if you were wearing Spanx and you weren’t? | 你是否穿了塑身衣 你却没穿吗 | 
| [14:51] | How’s that different? | 这明明就是夸你苗条嘛 | 
| [14:55] | Maybe you could try being more thoughtful, | 也许你可以学学你的朋友拉杰 | 
| [14:56] | like your friend Raj. | 更体贴一些 | 
| [14:58] | Yeah, well, maybe you could try being more like Raj. | 也许你可以学学拉杰 | 
| [15:00] | – Oh, really? – Yeah, yeah. | -是吗 -当然 | 
| [15:02] | He packed me a lunch this morning. | 他今天早上为我打包了午餐 | 
| [15:03] | And there was a note inside that said, “Go get ’em” | 袋子里有张字条写着 “勇敢上吧” | 
| [15:08] | Like I don’t do enough around here. | 我为这个家做得还不够多吗 | 
| [15:10] | Now I need to pack your lunch? | 现在还要为你打包午餐吗 | 
| [15:11] | And by the way, why do you need a note telling you | 而且 你为什么需要字条来告诉你 | 
| [15:13] | to “Go get ’em”? You’re a grown man! | “勇敢上吧” 你是个大老爷们 | 
| [15:14] | You should know to “Go get ’em”! | 你应该知道要”勇敢上吧” | 
| [15:16] | I do know to “Go get ’em” | 我的确知道”勇敢上吧” | 
| [15:18] | but sometimes it’s nice to have emotional support | 只是有时候 我”勇敢”去”上”的同时 | 
| [15:19] | when I’m going and getting them! | 有精神支持感觉会更好 | 
| [15:21] | Hey, hey, do you hear yourselves? | 别这样 瞧你们在说些什么话 | 
| [15:24] | Let’s just, you know, all calm down and take a step back. | 咱们冷静下 都各退一步 | 
| [15:29] | This is stupid. Why are we fighting? | 太傻了 我们为什么要吵架 | 
| [15:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [15:32] | I guess I was just feeling like I’m a lousy husband. | 我想是因为我觉得自己是个差劲的老公 | 
| [15:35] | You’re not a lousy husband. | 你不是差劲的老公 | 
| [15:36] | You’re a great husband. | 你是个非常棒的老公 | 
| [15:38] | I was the one feeling like a lousy wife. | 我才觉得自己是个差劲的老婆 | 
| [15:40] | Are you kidding? You’re the best. | 开什么玩笑 你最棒了 | 
| [15:42] | I know what the problem is. | 我知道问题在哪里 | 
| [15:44] | It’s him! | 都怪他 | 
| [15:46] | Oh, what did I do? | 我做了什么 | 
| [15:48] | You made us feel like we’re not trying hard enough. | 你让我们觉得 我们经营婚姻不够用心 | 
| [15:50] | Yeah, we were totally fine half-assing our marriage | 我们之前很满意我们打混摸鱼的婚姻 | 
| [15:52] | till you showed up. | 直到你这个祸害出现 | 
| [15:55] | Look, I’m sorry you’re upset with me, | 我很抱歉让你们生气了 | 
| [15:57] | but I just have to say it’s nice to see | 但我得说 看到你们统一战线 | 
| [15:59] | the two of you on the same page. | 真是太好了 | 
| [16:01] | Oh, it does feel good to have you | 你能支持我一次 | 
| [16:02] | backing me up for once. | 的确感觉不错 | 
| [16:04] | -我总是支持你好吧 -那不是… | |
| [16:06] | – He’s doing it again! – What is wrong with you?! | -他又在挖坑 -你这人太坏了 | 
| [16:10] | I can’t believe they kicked you out. | 真不敢相信他们把你赶出来了 | 
| [16:12] | I can’t believe they’re still married. | 真不敢相信他们还没离婚 | 
| [16:16] | Oh, no, I forgot Cinnamon’s toothbrush at Howard’s. | 不好 我把小桂子的牙刷忘在霍华德家了 | 
| [16:19] | I guess you’re sharing with Daddy again. | 看来你又要和爸比共用一把牙刷啦 | 
| [16:27] | Bark once if you need me to call PETA. | 要我打电话给反虐待动物协会就吠一声 | 
| [16:32] | What’s that animal doing in our apartment? | 那只动物在咱们家干嘛 | 
| [16:34] | Oh, relax, she’s in her crate. She can’t get out. | 放轻松 她在笼子里 出不来的 | 
| [16:36] | I have two words for you: | 送你几个字送给你 | 
| [16:38] | Jurassic Park. | 侏罗纪公园[恐龙逃出] | 
| [16:41] | This day just keeps getting worse and worse. | 今天真是越来越糟糕 | 
| [16:44] | You know, if it makes you feel any better… | 如果这话能让你感觉好点… | 
| [16:45] | It probably won’t. | 可能不会 | 
| [16:46] | You’re probably right. | 你可能是对的 | 
| [16:49] | Sheldon, it’s a beautiful night. | 谢尔顿 今晚夜色不错 | 
| [16:50] | Why don’t you and I go for a nice walk together? | 我们出去散步好吗 | 
| [16:53] | Oh, everything is just sex with you isn’t it? | 你这人怎么整天淫虫上脑啊 | 
| [16:57] | Sheldon, I think you might find the support | 谢尔顿 你得意识到 | 
| [17:00] | you’re looking for, if you realize that | 想在恋爱中得到多少扶持 | 
| [17:01] | relationships are a give and take. | 全取决于自己有多少付出 | 
| [17:03] | She can only be there for you | 你有多支持她 | 
| [17:05] | as much as you are for her. | 她也会有多支持你 | 
| [17:07] | Thank you, Rajesh. | 谢谢你 拉杰什 | 
| [17:09] | And, Amy, you need to be patient with Sheldon, | 艾米 你对待谢尔顿也要有耐心 | 
| [17:11] | instead of pressuring him | 而不是对他施压 | 
| [17:12] | to accept intimacy on your terms. | 让他接受你的这一套亲密观 | 
| [17:16] | You should probably go. | 你还是走人吧 | 
| [17:25] | I’m Ira Flatow, and this is Science Friday. | 我是艾拉·菲莱 这里是《科学星期五》节目 | 
| [17:27] | I’d like to welcome back Dr. Sheldon Cooper, | 欢迎谢尔顿·库珀博士再次前来 | 
| [17:29] | who thought he had discovered a new super-heavy element | 他以为自己发现了一种新的超重元素 | 
| [17:32] | only to have it disproved by my next guest, | 不料却被另一位嘉宾莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德 | 
| [17:35] | Dr. Leonard Hofstadter. | 证明是错的 | 
| [17:36] | Welcome to Science Friday, gentlemen. | 先生们 欢迎来到《科学星期五》做客 | 
| [17:38] | – Thanks. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 | 
| [17:39] | Ira, if I may, I’d like to apologize | 艾拉 容我说一句 我想为 | 
| [17:42] | for my behavior last week. | 我上周的行为道歉 | 
| [17:44] | It’s all right. | 没关系 | 
| [17:45] | Now, isn’t there something you’d like to say to me? | 你有没有什么话想对我说 | 
| [17:51] | No. | 没有 | 
| [17:53] | Now, Dr. Hofstadter. | 霍夫斯塔德博士 | 
| [17:54] | Can you walk us through the process | 你能讲述一遍你推翻 | 
| [17:55] | you used to disprove his theory? | 他理论的实验过程吗 | 
| [17:57] | – Well… – I believe I can answer that. | -好的 -我可以回答这个问题 | 
| [18:00] | He asked me. | 他问的是我 | 
| [18:02] | Fine. | 好的 | 
| [18:03] | As I was saying… | 我刚才在说 | 
| [18:04] | You’re telling it wrong. Ira… | 你讲得不好 艾拉 | 
| [18:06] | to really understand the story here, | 要想好好理解这件事 | 
| [18:08] | you have to start at the very beginning: | 就得从最开始讲起 | 
| [18:10] | A small town in East Texas, where a young genius named… | 在东德州的一个小镇 一位年幼的天才叫做 | 
| [18:12] | – Sheldon… – That’s right, Sheldon Cooper. | -谢尔顿 -没错 谢尔顿·库珀 | 
| [18:15] | He was bitten by his neighbor’s dog, | 他被邻居家的狗咬了 | 
| [18:18] | leading to his first scientific breakthrough– | 这让他有了第一次科学方面的大突破 | 
| [18:20] | the doggie death-ray. | 狗狗死亡射线 | 
| [18:22] | Which, sadly, he couldn’t build | 可悲的是 他不能使之成为现实 | 
| [18:24] | because Santa wouldn’t bring him enriched uranium. | 因为圣诞老人没有送他浓缩铀 | 
| [18:28] | I mean, I’d really like to hear it from Dr. Hofstadter, | 你没意见的话 我真的很想听 | 
| [18:30] | if it’s okay with you. | 霍夫斯塔德博士说说 | 
| [18:31] | What a surprise. | 好意外啊 | 
| [18:33] | Did-did you invite me back just so you could ignore me? | 你邀请我回来 就是为了无视我吗 | 
| [18:36] | Actually, I didn’t invite you. | 事实上 我根本没有邀请你 | 
| [18:37] | You came in, you took a seat, | 你走进来 自己坐下 | 
| [18:39] | and I’m not comfortable with confrontation. | 我不太喜欢这种唇枪舌剑 | 
| [18:44] | Sheldon, this interview is supposed to be about me. | 谢尔顿 这次采访的重点是我 | 
| [18:46] | Well, that seems like a snooze. | 听起来多无趣啊 | 
| [18:48] | Even for public radio. | 在无聊的电台上都显得无聊 | 
| [18:51] | You know, if we did a shot every time | 如果他们每说一句丢人的话 | 
| [18:53] | they said something embarrassing, | 我们就干一杯 | 
| [18:54] | this would be one hell of a drinking game. | 那这游戏绝对能把人喝到酒精中毒 | 
| [18:56] | A little early for alcohol, isn’t it? | 现在喝酒太早了吧 | 
| [18:58] | You know, I don’t just say smart things about science. | 我可不仅只会发表科学方面的高明见解 | 
| [19:00] | I also yodel. | 我还会唱山歌 | 
| [19:08] | I’ll get the vodka. | 我去拿伏特加 |