| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | It’s, like, the best one they make, | 这款是市面上最棒的一台了 | 
| [00:05] | I just can’t get it to work. | 可怎么弄都飞不起来 | 
| [00:06] | I’ll figure it out. | 我来弄吧 | 
| [00:07] | It streams HD video straight to your phone while it’s flying. | 这玩意能边飞边串流高清影片到你手机上 | 
| [00:10] | Nice. | 赞 | 
| [00:11] | Where were you when I was single? | 我单身的时候 这小宝贝在哪呢 | 
| [00:16] | Okay, we should leave in about an hour. You all packed? | 我们一小时内就得出发 你东西收拾好了吗 | 
| [00:19] | Uh, yeah, I just need to throw in a few last minute things– | 差不多 出发前再加几件东西进去就行 | 
| [00:21] | you know, makeup, underwear, clothes. | 就化妆品 内衣裤 衣服那些 | 
| [00:25] | If your bathroom floor counts as a carry-on, | 如果你的浴室地板能算手提行李 | 
| [00:27] | you’re packed. | 那你算收拾完毕了 | 
| [00:30] | Leonard, have you ever given a high school commencement speech before? | 莱纳德 你以前有在高中毕业典礼致辞过吗 | 
| [00:32] | Nope. It’s pretty exciting. | 没有 挺让人激动的 | 
| [00:34] | Aren’t you afraid of being blinded? | 你不怕被弄瞎吗 | 
| [00:37] | How would I be blinded? | 我为什么会被弄瞎 | 
| [00:38] | At the end of the ceremony, | 在毕业典礼的最后 | 
| [00:40] | all the students throw those pointy hats in the air. | 学生都会把四方尖角帽抛上天空 | 
| [00:44] | It’s all pomp and circumstance until someone loses an eye. | 场面还会挺有气势 直到有人被戳瞎眼 | 
| [00:48] | I’ll take my chances. | 我乐意赌一把 | 
| [00:50] | Fine. | 随你 | 
| [00:51] | I wonder if they make “I told you so” cards in braille. | 你说有没有卖”我早说了”的点字版卡片 | 
| [00:56] | Look, the problem with commencement speeches | 毕业典礼演讲最大的问题是 | 
| [00:58] | is that they’re boring. | 都很无聊 | 
| [01:00] | Ooh, do you own a T-shirt cannon? | 你有能发射T恤的T恤大炮吗 | 
| [01:03] | Why would he own a T-shirt cannon? | 他没事为啥会有T恤大炮 | 
| [01:05] | I don’t know. Why do I own one? | 不知道啊 但为啥我有咧 | 
| [01:08] | I think it’s really nice | 我觉得你很贴心 | 
| [01:09] | that you’re sharing this experience with Penny. | 愿意带佩妮分享这样的机会 | 
| [01:11] | Mm, I thought it’d be fun | 我觉得带她去 | 
| [01:12] | to show her my old stomping grounds. | 我的母校地盘看看 应该蛮有意思 | 
| [01:14] | I even know the exact spot where they used to stomp me. | 我还记得我是在哪块”地盘”被人踩呢 | 
| [01:19] | Well, now you get to go back as a successful scientist. | 但现在你能以成功科学家身份衣锦还乡啊 | 
| [01:21] | With a beautiful girl on your arm. | 手里搂着美女 | 
| [01:23] | And a pointy hat sticking out of your eyeball. | 眼里还插着一顶四方尖角帽 | 
| [01:53] | How’d you get ready so fast? | 你怎么能这么快就准备好呢 | 
| [01:55] | Oh, I pack light. | 我轻装上阵嘛 | 
| [01:56] | Once, I got through an entire spring break | 有一年的春假 | 
| [01:58] | with nothing but a long T-shirt and a belt. | 我回家就带了一件长T恤跟腰带 | 
| [02:01] | Why did you need a belt? | 你为啥会需要腰带 | 
| [02:03] | It’s called an evening look. | 那叫晚装好吗 | 
| [02:06] | I’ve never been to New Jersey before. | 我从来没去过新泽西呢 | 
| [02:08] | It gets a bad rap from shows | 电视节目把它名声搞臭了 | 
| [02:10] | like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives. | 比如《泽西海滩》或《贵妇的真实生活》 | 
| [02:10] | 《泽西海滩》讲八名男女去泽西海岸打工 玩乐 《泽西贵妇的真实生活》就是有钱人在秀下限 | |
| [02:12] | So it’s not really like that? | 所以实情不是那样吗 | 
| [02:13] | No, it’s like that. | 没 还真的就像那样 | 
| [02:17] | Well, I’m excited to show you around. | 但还是很期待能带你到处看看 | 
| [02:19] | You think we’ll have time to visit your mom over there? | 你觉得我们会有时间去探望你妈吗 | 
| [02:21] | Yes. | 有啊 | 
| [02:21] | We’ll also have time to put my junk in a garlic press, | 还时间把我的鸡鸡放进压蒜器呢 | 
| [02:24] | but I’m not doing that either. | 但我也不会因为有时间就做啊 | 
| [02:31] | I just got an alert. | 刚收到短信提醒 | 
| [02:32] | Our flight’s been canceled. | 我们的班机被取消了 | 
| [02:33] | What? | 什么 | 
| [02:34] | Yeah, looks like there’s a big storm all up the East Coast. | 东海岸这里好像有个很大的台风 | 
| [02:38] | Well, can we get on another airline? | 能换别家的班机吗 | 
| [02:40] | I don’t think so. | 貌似不行 | 
| [02:41] | So, that’s it? We’re not going? | 所以就这样 不去了吗 | 
| [02:44] | I guess not. | 看来是 | 
| [02:45] | – Well, that sucks. – Yeah. | -也太衰了吧 -是啊 | 
| [02:47] | I worked hard on that speech, too. | 我可是非常认真准备这段致辞呢 | 
| [02:49] | Oh. You could tell it to me. | 你可以念给我听啊 | 
| [02:51] | Oh, thank you, but I’m okay. | 谢谢啊 不过不用啦 | 
| [02:53] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [02:54] | I could pretend I’m a high school cheerleader | 我可以假装我是高中拉拉队长 | 
| [02:55] | who can’t control herself around esteemed alumni. | 对成功的校友没有任何抵抗力哦 | 
| [03:00] | Greetings, distinguished cheerleaders. | 杰出的拉拉队员们 你们好吗 | 
| [03:06] | Okay, the WiFi extender is on, the camera’s on, | 无线网扩展器开启了 摄像机也开启了 | 
| [03:08] | they’re both on the same network; | 而且两者都连到了同个网 | 
| [03:09] | we should be getting an image. | 我们应该能收到画面了啊 | 
| [03:11] | All I see is a black screen. | 我只能看到黑色的屏幕 | 
| [03:13] | And my own reflection. | 以及我自己的倒影 | 
| [03:16] | I look sad. | 我看起来好伤心 | 
| [03:20] | Maybe we should recalibrate it. | 可能我们得重新校准一下 | 
| [03:21] | All right. | 好吧 | 
| [03:22] | Step one: rapidly flip the calibration switch | 第一步: 快速扳动校准开关 | 
| [03:25] | from the fully up to the fully down | 从最上方扳到最下方 | 
| [03:26] | positions for at least ten times. | 此动作最少重复十次 | 
| [03:29] | It actually says “at least”? | 上面真写了”最少”吗 | 
| [03:32] | Yeah. | 对啊 | 
| [03:33] | Why would they say “at least”? | 它为啥会写”最少”啊 | 
| [03:34] | Is it ten toggles? | 那到底是扳十次 | 
| [03:36] | Is it 100 toggles? You know? | 还是扳一百次呢 | 
| [03:38] | Is it 1,000 toggles? | 还是扳一千次 | 
| [03:40] | 10,000 toggles? | 一万次呢 | 
| [03:41] | – 100,000 toggles? – Sheldon! | -还是十万次 -谢尔顿 | 
| [03:45] | You see where I’m going with this. | 你懂我接下来要说的是什么 | 
| [03:48] | Just flip the switch | 你就快点扳就是了 | 
| [03:49] | until the lights on the drone change to solid yellow. | 直到无人机的灯变成长亮的黄色 | 
| [03:53] | All right, that seems simple enough. | 好吧 这步看起来不难 | 
| [03:54] | Initiating calibration sequence. | 启动校准程序 | 
| [03:57] | One, two, three, four, | 一 二 三 四 | 
| [04:00] | five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. | 五 六 七 八 九 十 | 
| [04:06] | Well, I suppose ten is technically “at least ten.” | 看来技术上来说 十等于”最少十下” | 
| [04:12] | But they’re still getting at least one angry letter. | 但他们”最少”会收到一封愤怒的投诉信 | 
| [04:16] | Now I rotate it horizontally | 现在沿着中轴 | 
| [04:19] | on its center axis until the lights turn green. | 水平旋转它 直到灯号变成绿色 | 
| [04:23] | Initiating rotation sequence. | 启动旋转程序 | 
| [04:27] | Don’t look at me, initiate. | 看我干嘛 启动啊 | 
| [04:33] | What does red and yellow mean? | 这红跟黄灯代表什么意思 | 
| [04:35] | It means the calibration failed. | 代表校准失败 | 
| [04:36] | We have to start over. | 我们得从头再来 | 
| [04:38] | Oh. Very well. | 好吧 | 
| [04:39] | Reinitiating calibration sequence. | 重新启动校准程序 | 
| [04:42] | One, two, three, four, | 一 二 三 四 | 
| [04:43] | five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten… | 五 六 七 八 九 十 | 
| [04:49] | …eleven. | 十一 | 
| [04:55] | It’s a good thing I didn’t send that letter. | 还好那封信我没有寄出 | 
| [05:04] | Hello, Daddy. What’s up? | 老爸 最近还好吗 | 
| [05:05] | Not much, just wanted to see how my son’s doing. | 还行 就想看看我儿子最近好不好 | 
| [05:08] | Very well, thank you. | 很好啊 谢谢关心 | 
| [05:10] | Are you still dating that dermatologist? | 你还在跟那位皮肤科医生约会吗 | 
| [05:12] | If you could feel how soft my skin is, | 如果你能摸到我的皮肤多柔嫩 | 
| [05:14] | you wouldn’t have to ask. | 你就不会问了 | 
| [05:18] | Oh, and there’s something else I wanted to ask you. | 我还有另一件事想问你 | 
| [05:20] | Why did you spend a month’s rent on a toy helicopter?! | 你为啥把一个月的房租钱拿去买玩具飞机 | 
| [05:26] | Oh, you’re where that bill goes. | 原来那张账单是寄给你了啊 | 
| [05:29] | I’m tired of indulging your foolish lifestyle. | 我受够了纵容你的白痴生活 | 
| [05:31] | It’s time you learned responsibility. | 是时候让你学会负起责任了 | 
| [05:33] | And the only way to teach you that | 而唯一能教会你这事的方法 | 
| [05:34] | is to cut off your allowance. | 不再给你零用钱 | 
| [05:36] | No, Daddy, no! | 不行 爸 不行 | 
| [05:38] | There are lots of other ways to teach me responsibility. | 能让我学会负责任的方法多了去了 | 
| [05:40] | I know, you can give me an egg | 比如你可以给我颗鸡蛋 | 
| [05:42] | and make me take care of it for a week! | 让我照顾好它整整一周啊 | 
| [05:45] | No, my mind is made up. | 不必了 我已经决定了 | 
| [05:47] | Starting now, you’re on your own. | 从现在开始 你自食其力吧 | 
| [05:48] | But, Daddy, I-I miss my family so much, | 可是爸比 我好想家人 | 
| [05:52] | and with you and Mummy getting a divorce, | 你跟妈咪又离婚了 | 
| [05:54] | I feel sad and empty. | 我好不开心又好空虚 | 
| [05:56] | Buying a little toy every now and then | 偶尔买个小玩具 | 
| [05:59] | helps me fill that void. | 能帮助我填满心中的空虚 | 
| [06:01] | So while I can’t hug you every day, | 所以尽管我不能天天拥抱你 | 
| [06:03] | flying that helicopter… | 飞那台直升机… | 
| [06:04] | I’m cutting you off. | 我要断了你 | 
| [06:07] | Just to be clear, financially or mid-sentence? | 我确认一下 是断钱 还是挂断电话 | 
| [06:12] | No red and yellow, | 别跳红黄灯啊 | 
| [06:14] | no red and yellow. | 别跳黄红灯啊 | 
| [06:16] | – It’s green! – Yay! We did it! | -变绿了 -我们成功了 | 
| [06:20] | God, if it’s this much fun to rotate, | 天啊 光捧着转就这么有意思 | 
| [06:22] | imagine when we fly it. | 等飞起来还得了 | 
| [06:24] | Okay, now all I have to do is rotate it vertically | 好了 现在我只需垂直旋转机体 | 
| [06:27] | until the lights turn off. | 直到绿灯熄灭 | 
| [06:30] | Oh, no! | 不 | 
| [06:33] | All right, playtime’s over. | 好了 娱乐时间结束 | 
| [06:36] | Let’s open this baby up. | 咱们把这宝贝拆开吧 | 
| [06:38] | Won’t that void the warranty? | 拆开就不能保修了 | 
| [06:39] | Sheldon, I have a master’s degree in engineering. | 谢尔顿 我有一个工程学硕士学位 | 
| [06:44] | I wipe my bottom with warranties. | 保修卡只配给我擦屁股 | 
| [06:49] | Except for AppleCare. | 苹果的保修除外 | 
| [06:50] | That pays for itself in the long run. | 从长远来看 维修费很快会回本 | 
| [06:56] | Hey, where’d you go? | 你去哪儿了 | 
| [06:57] | I got you a little something to cheer you up. | 我给你买了点东西 让你开心开心 | 
| [07:00] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [07:01] | Sex last night, pancakes this morning– | 昨晚的爱爱 今早的饼饼 | 
| [07:03] | Am I dying? | 我这是要死的节奏吗 | 
| [07:06] | Just open it. | 快打开看看 | 
| [07:09] | A cap and gown? | 四方帽和长袍 | 
| [07:10] | Why do I need a cap and gown? | 我为什么会需要这俩玩意 | 
| [07:11] | Because you are giving your commencement speech. | 因为你要在毕业典礼上致辞 | 
| [07:14] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀 | 
| [07:15] | I called your old high school | 我打给你以前的高中 | 
| [07:17] | and convinced them to let you give your speech over Skype. | 说服他们让你通过视频聊天在典礼上致辞 | 
| [07:20] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [07:21] | That’s amazing! | 太棒了 | 
| [07:22] | And you gave me the robes to give it in. | 你还特意买了长袍让我致辞时穿 | 
| [07:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [07:25] | Yeah, now about those– | 对哦 关于长袍我有话说 | 
| [07:26] | uh, they came from a costume shop, | 这是我在一家道具店买的 | 
| [07:28] | and all they had left was sexy graduate, | 店里只剩下性感毕业生装束了 | 
| [07:30] | so they… | 所以长袍… | 
| [07:32] | might be a little short. | 可能会有点短 | 
| [07:35] | – Short and sexy, that’s my wheelhouse. – Yeah! | -又短[矮]又性感 我的强项嘛 -没错 | 
| [07:47] | Boy, oh, boy, that’s a lot of pieces. | 哎呀呀 零件还真多呀 | 
| [07:51] | You know what they all do, right? | 你都知道是干嘛的 对吧 | 
| [07:53] | Yes, of course. | 当然 那还用说 | 
| [07:55] | What about this one? | 那这个是干嘛的 | 
| [07:57] | Well, I… how familiar are you | 这个嘛…你熟不熟 | 
| [07:59] | with miniaturized integrated logic circuits? | 小型集成逻辑电路呢 | 
| [08:02] | Not very. | 不太熟 | 
| [08:02] | That right there is a miniaturized integrated logic circuit. | 那你手里拿着的正是这玩意 | 
| [08:09] | So, can you get it working? | 那你能修好它吗 | 
| [08:10] | I’m an MIT-trained engineer. | 我可是麻省理工毕业的工程师 | 
| [08:13] | I’ve built components for the space station. | 我还为太空站出过一份力呢 | 
| [08:16] | I thought the zero-gravity toilet didn’t work. | 我还以为那个零重力厕所不能用呢 | 
| [08:19] | It worked fine, | 能用好吗 | 
| [08:21] | it just wasn’t designed for Russian cosmonauts | 只不过设计不适合俄罗斯宇航员 | 
| [08:24] | and their potato-based diet. | 以及他们的全是马铃薯的饮食 | 
| [08:27] | Hey, guys. | 你好啊 | 
| [08:28] | Hello. | 你来啦 | 
| [08:29] | I have to return the helicopter. My father… | 我得把直升飞机退了 我爸… | 
| [08:31] | What did you do?! | 你俩干了什么好事 | 
| [08:36] | Well, don’t worry. | 别担心 | 
| [08:37] | He went to MIT. | 他是麻省理工毕业的 | 
| [08:38] | He can solve any problem, | 他可以解决任何问题 | 
| [08:40] | as long as it doesn’t originate in a Russian man’s colon. | 只要不是来自俄罗斯人的结肠就行 | 
| [08:50] | I don’t freaking believe this! | 真他妈不敢相信 | 
| [08:51] | Relax, it’ll be fine. | 别紧张 能装回去 | 
| [08:53] | No, you have to put this back together right now, | 不是 你现在必须装回去 | 
| [08:55] | so I can return it! | 我才能拿去退 | 
| [08:56] | You can’t return it. | 你退不了了 | 
| [08:58] | Howard wiped his bottom with the warranty. | 霍华德用保修卡擦屁股了 | 
| [09:02] | What?! | 什么 | 
| [09:03] | I think metaphorically. | 我猜他可能只是打个比方 | 
| [09:05] | But he was in the bathroom for a while. | 但他刚真进了厕所好一会呢 | 
| [09:09] | Howard, my father cut me off. | 霍华德 我爸不给我零用钱花了 | 
| [09:11] | I have to get my money back for this! | 我得把这玩意退了 把钱拿回来 | 
| [09:12] | Calm down. | 冷静 | 
| [09:14] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [09:15] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你是对的 | 
| [09:17] | It’s time for me to step up | 我是时候站出来 | 
| [09:18] | and take responsibility for my life. | 为自己的人生负责了 | 
| [09:21] | Be a man. | 当个爷们 | 
| [09:25] | Hello, Mummy. | 妈咪是我啊 | 
| [09:28] | Hello, Rajesh. | 拉杰什呀 | 
| [09:29] | What a nice surprise. | 这通电话真让我惊喜 | 
| [09:31] | Well, I’ve been thinking about you. | 我一直很想你 | 
| [09:33] | How are you doing? Are you happy, Mummy? | 你好吗 你快乐吗 妈咪 | 
| [09:36] | Such a sweet boy for asking. | 乖儿子 真关心我 | 
| [09:38] | Can’t believe you come from the poison seed of your father. | 真不敢相信你是来自你父亲的毒种 | 
| [09:42] | Well, I like to think I take mostly after you. | 我觉得我比较随你 | 
| [09:45] | Anyway, speaking of Daddy, | 对了 说起爸爸 | 
| [09:46] | I had a very strange conversation with him. | 我们刚进行了一次非常奇怪的通话 | 
| [09:48] | He said he couldn’t afford to send me money anymore | 他说以后没钱打生活费给我了 | 
| [09:51] | because of his active social life. | 因为他有活跃的社交生活 | 
| [09:54] | What does that mean, “active social life”? | 这话什么意思 “活跃的社交生活” | 
| [09:57] | Well, let’s not talk about him | 好啦 咱们别聊他了 | 
| [09:59] | or whatever shenanigans he may or may not be up to. | 谁在乎他有没有在密谋什么诡计啊 | 
| [10:01] | Let’s talk about you. | 咱们来聊聊你吧 | 
| [10:03] | Rajesh, is your father seeing someone? | 拉杰什 你爸是不是跟人约会了 | 
| [10:06] | All I know, Mummy, is that he’s a single wealthy doctor, | 妈咪 我只知道他是一个单身多金的医生 | 
| [10:09] | and now, for some reason, | 而现在出于某种原因 | 
| [10:10] | there’s no money for your little boy. | 突然没钱给你的宝贝儿子了 | 
| [10:16] | Well, however much money your father was giving you, | 好 不管你老爸之前给你多少钱 | 
| [10:18] | I’ll give you more. | 我给你更多 | 
| [10:19] | Thank you, Mummy, I love you! | 谢谢妈咪 我爱你 | 
| [10:21] | Helicopters for everybody! | 一人一台直升机 | 
| [10:26] | What’s taking so long? | 怎么这么久啊 | 
| [10:27] | I don’t think this is gonna work. | 我觉得这么穿不行 | 
| [10:29] | Just let me see. | 出来给我看看 | 
| [10:37] | Sweetie, you know you’re supposed to wear clothes | 亲爱的 毕业长袍里 | 
| [10:39] | underneath a graduation gown. | 应该穿上衣服 | 
| [10:41] | A: surprised you know that. | 首先 我很惊讶你知道这点 | 
| [10:44] | B: I wanted to look like a sexy graduate for you. | 其次 我想让你觉得我是一个性感毕业生 | 
| [10:48] | Well, you do. | 你成功了 | 
| [10:49] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -好啦 | 
| [10:52] | You’re gonna be on Skype; they’re not gonna see your legs. | 反正你是视频语聊 他们也看不到你的腿 | 
| [10:55] | Well, I’m gonna go put on some pants just in case. | 以防万一 我还是穿上裤子吧 | 
| [10:57] | But I have to say, this is very freeing. | 但我要说一句 这样穿真的好”解放” | 
| [11:02] | Add a belt and I’ll take you someplace nice. | 系条腰带 我就带你去个好地方 | 
| [11:06] | Done and done. | 没问题 | 
| [11:14] | Okay, I think I’ve narrowed it down | 好了 我已经把故障缩小到 | 
| [11:17] | to a faulty pin on the onboard communication chip. | 飞机通讯芯片上一个错误的针脚 | 
| [11:20] | Very impressive. | 真厉害 | 
| [11:23] | You know, when you’re done with that, | 等你修完那台 | 
| [11:25] | can you look at this? | 可以看下这台吗 | 
| [11:29] | It doesn’t make smoke anymore. | 它不会冒烟了 | 
| [11:31] | One toy at a time. | 一个个来 | 
| [11:33] | Mm. Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [11:34] | Ah, maybe it’s for the best. | 或许这样最好 | 
| [11:36] | I hear locomotive smoke | 我听说火车头的烟 | 
| [11:38] | is the second leading cause of death among train aficionados. | 是火车宅们第二大死因 | 
| [11:42] | What’s the first one? | 第一大死因是什么 | 
| [11:43] | Suicide. | 自杀 | 
| [11:46] | Wrong. | 错 | 
| [11:47] | Obesity. | 肥胖 | 
| [11:51] | I have the tool you wanted. | 我把你要的工具拿来了 | 
| [11:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [11:54] | You guys don’t have to go to the trouble. | 你们其实不必这么费劲 | 
| [11:56] | I’m back in the money now; | 哥现在又有钱了 | 
| [11:57] | I can just buy another helicopter. | 再买一台就好啦 | 
| [11:59] | It’s not about the money. | 重点不是钱 | 
| [12:00] | It’s about solving a problem. | 而是解决问题 | 
| [12:01] | It’s why I became an engineer. | 这是我当工程师的初衷 | 
| [12:03] | It’s what I like to do, it’s what I’m trained to do. | 我喜欢做这个 我学的也是这个 | 
| [12:05] | It’s who I am. | 这就是我 | 
| [12:06] | Oh, look at you– the little engineer that could. | 瞧你 小工程师做到了 | 
| [12:12] | Why don’t you just call tech support? | 为什么不找技术支持呢 | 
| [12:14] | – Hey! – Not cool! | -说啥呢 -太逊了 | 
| [12:16] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [12:17] | There’s two kinds of people in this world: | 这个世上有两种人 | 
| [12:19] | those who call tech support | 打给技术支持求助的人 | 
| [12:20] | and those who make fun of the people who call tech support. | 与嘲笑前者的那种人 | 
| [12:24] | I call tech support all the time. | 我就每次都打给技术支持啊 | 
| [12:26] | – You call tech support! – What a baby! | -你居然找技术支持 -真没用 | 
| [12:30] | And now, for our commencement address, | 现在 我们的毕业典礼演讲 | 
| [12:33] | one of our most distinguished alumni, | 邀请到了我们最杰出的校友之一 | 
| [12:35] | noted Caltech physicist Dr. Leonard Hofstadter. | 加州理工名物理学家莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德 | 
| [12:44] | Members of the faculty, students, | 各位教员 各位同学 | 
| [12:46] | I’m excited to speak to you today. | 我今天很高兴能为大家致辞 | 
| [12:49] | I can’t help but remember the last time I was in this auditorium. | 我脑海中一直想起上次来这礼堂的情景 | 
| [12:52] | Two guys from the lacrosse team | 两个长曲棍球队的人 | 
| [12:54] | played keep-away with my asthma inhaler. | 拿我的气喘药吸入器当球打 不让我接 | 
| [12:57] | But enough about my ten-year reunion. | 我毕业十年同学会的事就不讲了 | 
| [13:02] | I’d also like to take a moment | 我也想再花点时间 | 
| [13:03] | to thank my beautiful fiancee | 感谢我美丽的未婚妻 | 
| [13:05] | for to helping make this speech possible, | 即使在天气不允许的情况下 | 
| [13:07] | even though weather nearly prevented it. | 仍将不可能变成现实 | 
| [13:10] | Oh. Hello. | 大家好啊 | 
| [13:11] | I-I didn’t know he was gonna point it at me, | 我不知道他会把镜头转过来 | 
| [13:13] | so… | 所以… | 
| [13:14] | don’t do drugs and stay in school. | 别吸毒 别辍学哦 | 
| [13:16] | They’re graduating. | 他们要毕业了 | 
| [13:17] | Okay, bye! | 好吧 再见 | 
| [13:21] | All right, the power supply is reconnected. | 好了 电源供给重新连接上了 | 
| [13:23] | I think we’re back in business. | 我觉得我们能出征啦 | 
| [13:24] | Let’s just run a few tests before we take it outside. | 在出征前 先做几个测试 | 
| [13:27] | Sheldon, we got WiFi? | 谢尔顿 网连上了吗 | 
| [13:28] | Check. | 已连上 | 
| [13:29] | GPS? | 全球定位系统呢 | 
| [13:30] | Check. | 已定位 | 
| [13:30] | Battery charged? | 电池充满了吗 | 
| [13:31] | Check. | 已充满 | 
| [13:32] | Four hours of our lives gone? Check. | 四小时的生命浪费掉了吗 已浪费 | 
| [13:36] | All right. All systems go. | 好的 各系统准备工作就绪 | 
| [13:38] | In five… | 倒数五秒 | 
| [13:39] | …four, three, two, one. | 四 三 二 一 | 
| [13:47] | That’s what my train used to do. | 我的小火车以前也能这样 | 
| [13:53] | Ready to call tech support? | 准备好打给技术支持了吗 | 
| [13:55] | Give me the number. | 电话给我 | 
| [13:58] | Probably wind up talking to some foreign guy | 打了估计也是某个咖喱国的客服 | 
| [14:02] | who’s reading from the same manual I have. | 看着同样的说明书机械化地回答问题 | 
| [14:14] | It’s my father, you jerks. | 我爸打来了 都怪你们俩混蛋 | 
| [14:20] | Hello, Daddy. | 爸比 怎么了 | 
| [14:21] | What did you say to your mother? | 你跟你妈妈说了什么 | 
| [14:22] | Nothing. | 没有啊 | 
| [14:23] | I was just calling to check in, | 我就打给她问个好 | 
| [14:25] | make sure she’s doing okay. | 看看她最近怎么样啊 | 
| [14:26] | Well, after talking to you, | 她跟你说完电话后 | 
| [14:27] | she seems to think I’m some sort of playboy. | 她貌似觉得我是个风流浪子 | 
| [14:31] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [14:32] | I don’t know where she’d get an idea like that. | 我不知道她怎么会产生这种想法 | 
| [14:35] | You know mummy and her crazy imagination. | 你也懂妈咪这人 还有她常会乱想 | 
| [14:38] | I’m so lucky I take after you. | 我觉得我能随你真是太幸运了 | 
| [14:41] | You think you take after me? | 你觉得你是随我吗 | 
| [14:44] | Well, I try to. | 我尽量这么想啊 | 
| [14:46] | I certainly wouldn’t be a scientist | 如果不是有你做榜样 | 
| [14:47] | if you hadn’t been my role model. | 我也不会去当科学家 | 
| [14:52] | Who wants to go to Vegas in a real helicopter?! | 谁想坐真的直升飞机去拉斯维加斯 | 
| [14:59] | It was L. Frank Baum who said, | 弗兰克·鲍姆曾说过 | 
| [15:01] | “No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, | “多厉害的小偷 都无法偷走别人脑中的知识 | 
| [15:06] | and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure.” | 所以知识是最棒最安全的宝藏” | 
| [15:11] | Wow, I’m boring myself. | 我自己听了都觉得无聊 | 
| [15:17] | Sorry, I can’t see any of your faces right now, | 抱歉 我现在看不到你们的表情 | 
| [15:19] | but I bet they look like this. | 但我猜大概是这样 | 
| [15:25] | Uh, you know, I-I wrote an entire speech | 其实 我写了整篇致辞 | 
| [15:29] | to say how high school prepares you | 要说高中让你准备好面对未来 | 
| [15:32] | and what a wonderful place it is, | 以及高中有多美好 | 
| [15:34] | but I hated it. | 但其实我超讨厌高中 | 
| [15:37] | Maybe high school’s great if you look like this… | 或许有人高中过得很开心 前提是你长这样… | 
| [15:42] | …but I didn’t even feel like I existed at that school. | 但其实我当年觉得自己超没存在感 | 
| [15:47] | And now that I think about it, | 现在我仔细一想 | 
| [15:49] | I bet a lot of you feel the same way. | 我猜你们很多人也有这种感觉 | 
| [15:51] | So, for the remainder of my speech, | 所以我接下来的致辞 | 
| [15:56] | this is for the invisible kids. | 要献给没有存在感的孩子们 | 
| [15:59] | Uh, maybe you never fit in. | 或许你在学校格格不入 | 
| [16:02] | Or maybe you’re the smallest kid in the school, | 或许你是学校里最矮小 | 
| [16:04] | or the heaviest or the weirdest. | 最胖的 或最怪的孩子 | 
| [16:06] | Maybe you’re graduating | 或许你都要毕业了 | 
| [16:07] | and you still haven’t had your first kiss. | 可到现在初吻还在 | 
| [16:10] | By the way, 19; | 比如我是到19岁 | 
| [16:12] | and Geraldine Coco, wherever you are, thank you. | 洁拉尔丁·珂珂 无论此时你在哪 谢谢你 | 
| [16:18] | Maybe you don’t have any friends. | 或许你没有任何朋友 | 
| [16:19] | And guess what? That’s okay. | 其实 这根本无所谓 | 
| [16:22] | While all the popular kids are off doing– | 尽管那些人缘好的孩子们都去干… | 
| [16:25] | whatever, I don’t know what they were doing | 其实我也不知道他们去干嘛了 | 
| [16:26] | ’cause I was never there… | 因为我没机会去 | 
| [16:28] | I’ll-I’ll tell you later. | 我 我等会告诉你 | 
| [16:31] | My point is, | 但我的重点是 | 
| [16:33] | while you’re spending all this time on your own, | 那些你独自一人度过的时间 | 
| [16:35] | building computers or practicing your cello, | 比如组装电脑 或练习大提琴 | 
| [16:39] | what you’re really doing | 其实你真正在做的是 | 
| [16:40] | is becoming interesting. | 让自己变有趣 | 
| [16:43] | And when people finally do notice you, | 等有天别人终于注意到你时 | 
| [16:46] | they’re gonna find someone a lot cooler than they thought. | 他们会发现一个比他们想象中更酷的人 | 
| [16:49] | And for those of you who were popular in high school, | 至于那些高中人缘好玩得开的同学 | 
| [16:52] | it’s over, sorry. | 好日子到头了 抱歉 | 
| [16:55] | Thank you and congratulations. | 谢谢各位 恭喜你们毕业 | 
| [17:02] | Your call is important to us. | 你们的来电对我们十分重要 | 
| [17:04] | All our technicians are busy helping other customers. | 目前我们所有的技术人员都在忙 | 
| [17:07] | Please stay on the line | 请稍作等待 | 
| [17:08] | and someone will be with you shortly. | 很快就有人来为你们服务 | 
| [17:21] | What happened to me? | 我这是怎么了 | 
| [17:25] | When did I become an old man | 我什么时候变成了老人 | 
| [17:27] | baffled by modern technology? | 被现代科技所困惑 | 
| [17:31] | Next thing you know, | 接下来 | 
| [17:32] | I’ll be hitching my pants up to my armpits | 我估计就要穿高到我腋下的高腰裤 | 
| [17:34] | and complaining about | 然后骂骂咧咧 | 
| [17:36] | the awful music the kids are listening to. | 现在小孩听的音乐有多难听了 | 
| [17:39] | It is awful, isn’t it? | 的确是很难听啊 对吧 | 
| [17:42] | Listen to that noise. | 你们听听这噪音 | 
| [17:48] | Hang on, hang on. | 等等 等等 | 
| [17:49] | It’s working! I did it! | 它好了 我成功了 | 
| [17:51] | How’d you do that? | 你怎么做到的 | 
| [17:52] | No idea, but I did it! | 不知道啊 但我成功了 | 
| [17:56] | Maybe you shouldn’t be flying it inside. | 不应该在室内飞吧 | 
| [17:58] | Well, I’m not flying it! | 不是我控制它 | 
| [17:59] | Then who is? | 那谁在控制 | 
| [18:00] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 | 
| [18:01] | Must be getting a WiFi signal from somewhere else! | 肯定是从别的地方接收到了无线信号 | 
| [18:07] | Initiate landing sequence! Initiate landing sequence! | 启动降落程序 启动降落程序 | 
| [18:11] | Hey, the camera’s working! | 摄像机也能用了呢 | 
| [18:12] | Oh, look, it’s me. | 看 是我呢 | 
| [18:17] | Tech support, can I help you? | 这里是技术支持部 有何能为您效劳 | 
| [18:18] | Yes, it’s a robot uprising! Call the police! | 机器人起义了 快打给警察 | 
| [18:30] | So you really think they liked it? | 你真觉得他们喜欢我的致辞吗 | 
| [18:31] | Oh, sweetie, it was the best speech I… | 亲爱的 这是我这辈子听过最棒的… | 
| [18:37] | Don’t worry, everyone in here is safe. | 不用担心 我们里面的人都安然无恙 |