时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | The drug I’ve been working on | 过去五年来我一直在研发的药 |
[00:03] | for the past five years just got approved by the FDA. | 被食品药物管理局批准上市了 |
[00:06] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你啊 |
[00:08] | Was that the decongestant you developed? | 是你研发的解充血药吗 |
[00:10] | No, we had to rebrand that as a solvent for mining equipment. | 不是 那个产品被改成采矿设备用的溶剂了 |
[00:14] | It’s her anti-inflammatory drug. | 是她的消炎药啦 |
[00:17] | Yep, three years of testing and no reported side effects. | 经过三年的测试 没有任何副作用的记录 |
[00:19] | Hmm, so it works. Eh. | 所以这药真的有效 |
[00:23] | Well, congratulations, I’m so happy for you. | 太恭喜你啦 真为你开心 |
[00:26] | Yeah, well, I’m happy for you | 我也为你开心啊 |
[00:27] | because I want you to head up my sales team. | 因为我想让你来领导这药的销售团队 |
[00:29] | Really? Me? Don’t you want someone with more experience? | 真的假的 我吗 你不找经验更丰富的人吗 |
[00:32] | No, the job’s all yours. | 不 这职位是你的了 |
[00:34] | All right, now I’m sure some of you are wondering, | 听我说 我相信你们会有人纳闷 |
[00:36] | “Who is this woman? | “这个女人是谁 |
[00:37] | How did she get to be in charge of the sales team? | 她凭什么负责销售团队 |
[00:40] | Is it because she’s friends with Dr. Rostenkowski?” | 就因为她是罗斯滕科斯基博士的朋友吗” |
[00:43] | Because she is. | 她是的 |
[00:45] | “Is it because she was Miss Cornhusker 2001 | “因为她是2001年内布拉斯加州小姐 |
[00:48] | and still fits in those very same jeans?” | 而且还能穿上当年的旧牛仔裤吗” |
[00:50] | Because she was, and she does | 她曾是的 而那牛仔裤 |
[00:52] | and they’re actually a little baggy. | 不但还能穿 还有点松了 |
[00:56] | “And the absence of side effects means that Inflaminex | “而无副作用则表示炎立大 |
[00:59] | Can be taken in conjunction with other medications. | 能与其它药品同时服用 |
[01:01] | It’s a brand-new day.” | 这是崭新的一天” |
[01:03] | Such a good tagline, I forgot, who came up with that? | 这口号真是太赞了 我忘了 是谁想出来的 |
[01:06] | – You did. – That’s right, I did. | -是你 -没错 就是老娘 |
[01:10] | Okay, I know it’s late | 好啦 我知道很晚了 |
[01:11] | and I’ve been working you guys really hard, | 而且我也让你们高强度作业一整天了 |
[01:12] | so I have a little treat for you. | 所以我要给你们一点奖赏 |
[01:13] | – We get to go home? – No. | -是让我们回家吗 -不是 |
[01:15] | You get to stay here and get vitamin B12 shots. | 是让你们获得加班并注射维他命B12的机会 |
[01:19] | Oh, my God. You guys are still here? | 天啊 你们还在这里啊 |
[01:22] | We’re happy to be here. It’s a brand-new day. | 我们很高兴在这里 这是崭新的一天 |
[01:25] | It’s 12: 15, it’s literally a brand-new day. | 现在12点15 真的是崭新的一天了 |
[01:30] | Everybody go home. | 大家回家吧 |
[01:33] | All right, fine. Go, get out of here. | 行吧行吧 都回家吧 |
[01:35] | Go on. | 走吧 |
[01:37] | I think things are going pretty good. | 我觉得工作进展得很不错呢 |
[01:39] | Are you aware that Dave’s in the break room crying? | 你知道戴夫在休息室里哭吗 |
[01:42] | Yeah, I told him if he’s gonna be a crybaby, | 知道啊 我说如果他要像婴儿哭哭唧唧 |
[01:43] | go to the break room. | 那就滚去休息室里哭 |
[01:45] | I just really want to be prepared for this conference. | 我是真的很想要为展会做好十足准备嘛 |
[01:47] | You’re gonna do great. | 你肯定会表现很好 |
[01:48] | – You really think so? – Of course; they’re scared of you, | -你真这么认为吗 -当然啦 他们都怕你 |
[01:51] | you’re scared of me– The system works. | 而你怕我 这体系很成功 |
[02:22] | Okay, Howie, I’m going. | 好了 华仔 我要走啦 |
[02:24] | – Have a great conference. – Thanks. | -祝你展会顺利 -谢谢 |
[02:27] | Remember, I’m leaving you with two babies. | 听好了 我把两个宝宝交给你 |
[02:29] | I expect to see two babies when I get back, | 我希望回来也能看到两个宝宝 |
[02:31] | and they better be the same two babies because I’ll know. | 而且最好是同样的两个宝宝 不然你惨了 |
[02:35] | I think I’m capable of babysitting. | 我还是有能力当好保姆的 |
[02:37] | Don’t call it babysitting; they’re your children. | 什么当保姆啊 他们是你亲生孩子 |
[02:39] | It’s called parenting. | 这叫带娃 |
[02:41] | What’s the difference? | 区别在哪吗 |
[02:43] | You don’t get paid. | 区别是没薪水拿 |
[02:46] | Now, the emergency contacts are on the fridge | 别忘了 紧急事故电话号贴在冰箱上了 |
[02:48] | and I left money for food on the table. | 饭钱我留在桌上了 |
[02:50] | Oh, sounds like I do get paid. | 感觉我还是有酬劳的嘛 |
[02:54] | Don’t worry. | 别担心啦 |
[02:55] | I got this covered. | 我能搞定 |
[02:57] | I know you do. | 我知道你可以 |
[02:58] | Quick question, where are the kids right now? | 快问快答 孩子们现在在哪 |
[03:01] | They’re upstairs. | 他们在楼上 |
[03:02] | – They’re at daycare. – They’re at daycare? | -他们在托儿所 -他们在托儿所吗 |
[03:03] | – They’re upstairs! – Why are you messing with me?! | -他们在楼上 -你干嘛要吓唬我啊 |
[03:14] | Wow. That’s a lot of luggage for a weekend. | 出去一个周末准备这么多行李啊 |
[03:16] | I know. | 是啊 |
[03:17] | I didn’t know what to wear, so I brought a few options. | 我不知道该穿什么 所以我带了几个选择 |
[03:19] | Was one of the options the option to never come back? | 选择里有包含一走了之再也不回来吗 |
[03:25] | I just really want this weekend to go well. | 我真的很希望这周末能顺顺利利 |
[03:27] | Doesn’t answer my question, but okay. | 答不对题 但行吧 |
[03:30] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:31] | – I love you, too. – Thanks. | -我也爱你 -谢啦 |
[03:32] | And you’re gonna do great. | 你肯定会表现得很棒 |
[03:33] | Just relax, stay out of your head, and try to enjoy it. | 放轻松 不要想太多 尽量享受过程吧 |
[03:36] | Aw. That reminds me of what I said to you | 这话让我想起了 |
[03:38] | the first time we slept together. | 我们第一次”睡”时我对你说的话 |
[03:42] | I still use it. It’s a mantra. | 那话像个祷文 我现在”办事”前还念念呢 |
[03:46] | Oh, thank goodness! | 谢天谢地 |
[03:47] | I caught you before you left. | 我赶在你走之前找到你了 |
[03:48] | I’m just going for the weekend. | 我只是离开一个周末而已啊 |
[03:49] | Just the weekend. | 只离开一个周末 |
[03:50] | You all heard her say it. | 你们都要为我作证啊 |
[03:52] | – So, your convention is in San Diego, right? – Yes. | -你们展会是在圣地亚哥对吧 -对 |
[03:54] | Great. I need you to settle a bet for Amy and me. | 很好 我需要你为我跟艾米的一个赌做判决 |
[03:57] | I say, when it’s not Comic-Con, | 我说 非漫展时期 |
[03:59] | no one will be dressed as superheroes. | 不会有人装扮成超级英雄 |
[04:03] | And I say fewer people will be dressed as superheroes | 我说只是比较少人会装扮成超级英雄 |
[04:06] | but still some. | 但还是有的 |
[04:08] | A crazy person in a cape doesn’t count. | 围披风的疯子可不算数 |
[04:10] | Mm, why not? It counts at Comic-Con. | 为什么 漫展里就算数啊 |
[04:14] | Also, if you get a chance to sneak into Hall H, | 另外 如果你有机会溜进H馆 |
[04:16] | last year, I left my neck pillow under my seat. | 我去年把我的颈枕忘在座位底下了 |
[04:21] | Uh, third row, second from the aisle. | 第三排 走道旁第二个座位 |
[04:23] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽量吧 |
[04:24] | Thank you. At least there will be one superhero in San Diego. | 谢谢 圣地亚哥到时候至少会有一个超级英雄 |
[04:30] | So, Leonard, what are you gonna do while Penny’s away? | 佩妮不在时你有何安排啊 莱纳德 |
[04:32] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[04:33] | Maybe watch a movie with subtitles. | 或许看一部需要字幕的电影吧 |
[04:36] | If you’re looking for something outside the norm, | 如果你想做一点平常不做的事情 |
[04:38] | I have invented a new chess variant | 我发明了一种国际象棋新玩法 |
[04:40] | where the bishops can also move like knights. | 主教们也可以像骑士们那样移动 |
[04:43] | What do you call that, Bishops Be Crazy? | 这要怎么叫 主教门夹头吗 |
[04:48] | First of all, | 首先 |
[04:48] | it would be “Bishops Are Crazy.” | 应该是”主教们被夹头” |
[04:51] | Not if you’re being crazy. | 头被门夹的是你 |
[04:54] | Checkmate. | 将死 |
[04:58] | Hey, guys. | 各位好啊 |
[04:59] | – Hey. – Hello. | -你好啊 -你来啦 |
[05:00] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们呢 |
[05:02] | I thought they were with you. | 我以为他们和你在一起 |
[05:03] | – What? No! – I… I’m kidding. | -什么 没有 -我开玩笑而已 |
[05:04] | They’re at daycare. | 他们在托儿所呢 |
[05:07] | What about me makes you think my heart can handle that joke? | 我的心脏看起来像能承受这种程度的玩笑吗 |
[05:12] | You guys want to come hang out at my place this weekend? | 你们这周末想来我家玩吗 |
[05:15] | So we can help you babysit? | 来你家好当保姆吗 |
[05:17] | Uh, it’s not babysitting. | 怎么会是当保姆呢 |
[05:19] | They’re my children. | 他们可是我的孩子 |
[05:21] | They’re not our children. | 但他们又不是我们的孩子 |
[05:22] | Oh. Well, for you guys, then, it is babysitting. | 那对你们来说就是当保姆了 |
[05:25] | No offense, Howard, | 无意冒犯 霍华德 |
[05:26] | but I don’t want to spend my weekend | 但我不想整个周末 |
[05:27] | around your loud, sticky babies. | 都围着你那又吵又黏乎乎的孩子转 |
[05:30] | You can’t insult my kids. I am offended. | 不许你侮辱我孩子 我被冒犯了 |
[05:32] | N-No, you can’t be. I said “no offense.” | 这可不行 我提前说过无意冒犯了 |
[05:34] | That’s like “no backsies” but for offense. | 这就像是冒犯版的”不许反悔”一样 |
[05:38] | What do you say? We’ll play some board games. | 你们认为如何 我们可以一起玩桌游 |
[05:40] | It’ll be like a party. | 就像是派对一样 |
[05:41] | Three guys playing a board game | 三个大男人一起玩桌游 |
[05:42] | doesn’t sound like much of a party. | 听起来可不像是派对 |
[05:45] | Someone doesn’t remember college very well. | 看来某人是忘了自己大学时光了 |
[05:50] | As opposed to the leading nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, | 与市场常见的非甾体类抗炎药不同 |
[05:52] | our product greatly reduces the risk of ulcers. | 我们的产品大大降低了溃疡的风险 |
[05:54] | So it won’t burn a hole in your stomach. | 所以它不会在你的胃上烧个洞 |
[05:56] | And it won’t burn a hole in your wallet, either! | 同时也不会在你的钱包上烧个洞哦 |
[05:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:00] | I got this. | 我能搞定 |
[06:01] | Thank you for stopping by. | 感谢你们光临 |
[06:03] | It’s a brand-new day! | 这是崭新的一天 |
[06:05] | See? You’re doing great. | 看 你不是做得很好吗 |
[06:07] | Mediocre actress, great drug pusher. | 演技不咋地 卖药挺在行 |
[06:09] | Who knew? | 谁能猜得到呢 |
[06:12] | Inflaminex, huh? | 炎立大吗 |
[06:13] | So what can you tell me about it? | 给我详细讲解一下吧 |
[06:14] | – Well, we… – Oh, don’t waste your time. | -我们… -别浪费时间了 |
[06:16] | His name is Danny. He works for one of the other drug companies. | 他叫丹尼 是另一家医药公司的员工 |
[06:19] | Hey, nothing wrong with checking out the competition. | 来对手这里探探虚实也没什么错吧 |
[06:21] | Aw, we don’t see you as competition. | 我们还没有把你当成是对手 |
[06:25] | You should. | 别看不起人 |
[06:26] | Our anti-inflammatory is hitting the market this year, too. | 我们的消炎药今年也要上市了 |
[06:28] | Well, ours has zero drug interaction risk. | 我们在药物相互作用方面的风险是零哦 |
[06:30] | Yeah. So does an Altoid. | 薄荷糖也是 |
[06:34] | Speaking of Altoids, | 说到薄荷糖 |
[06:35] | why don’t you go get one? | 你怎么不去来一片呢 |
[06:36] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:37] | Let’s everyone calm down. | 大家都冷静一下 |
[06:39] | If you can’t find a pill for that here, | 如果你在这儿没找到能让你冷静的药 |
[06:40] | then you’re not trying hard enough. | 那你一定是还找得不够仔细 |
[06:43] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[06:44] | I’ll go. | 我走就是 |
[06:47] | I don’t know what it is about that guy, | 我不知道那人是哪点不对劲 |
[06:48] | but he just gets on my nerves. | 反正我就是看他不顺眼 |
[06:50] | Well, you scared the bad man away. | 你把坏人都吓走了 |
[06:51] | Who’s a good girl? | 真是乖乖小狗狗啊 |
[06:57] | They’re still asleep. | 他们还在睡觉呢 |
[06:59] | Apparently, when I put someone down for a nap, | 每次我让人小憩一下时 |
[07:01] | they sleep hard. | 他们都会睡得很死 |
[07:03] | That’s a weird brag, Howard. | 自夸这点听起来很诡异啊 霍华德 |
[07:07] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[07:09] | Bernadette thinks I have poor parenting skills. | 伯纳黛特还觉得我特别不会带娃呢 |
[07:12] | Maybe she’s basing that on your poor husbanding skills. | 也许她是从你特别不会当老公这点推断出来的 |
[07:17] | Who can say? | 谁知道呢 |
[07:18] | I’m bad at a lot of things. | 我不擅长的事可多了 |
[07:24] | I didn’t think you were coming. | 我以为你们不来呢 |
[07:26] | Um, I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[07:27] | I thought it’d be fun to spend some time with your children. | 我觉得和你的孩子多相处一下也挺有趣的 |
[07:29] | Where are the little scamps? | 那些小流氓在哪里 |
[07:31] | – “Scamps”? – I’m sorry. | -“流氓”吗 -抱歉 |
[07:32] | Tykes. Rug rats. | 小崽子 小淘气 |
[07:33] | What is the PC term these days? | 如今的政治正确叫法是什么来着 |
[07:36] | What’s going on? | 你这是怎么了 |
[07:37] | We were in the bookstore, and I found this. | 我们在一家书店找到了这个 |
[07:41] | Experimenting with Babies: | 《和婴儿一起做实验 |
[07:44] | 50 Amazing Science Projects You Can Perform on Your Kid. | 50个可以应用在你小孩身上的有趣科学实验》 |
[07:48] | You can’t experiment on his kids. | 你不能拿他的孩子做实验 |
[07:49] | Yeah, you’re not their father. | 你又不是他们的爸爸 |
[07:51] | You can’t experiment on my kids. | 你不能拿我的孩子做实验 |
[07:53] | Fine. Can I at least play a game with them? | 好吧 那我至少可以和他们玩个游戏吧 |
[07:55] | Perhaps… | 也许… |
[07:57] | How Developed is Your Peripheral Vision? | 测测你们的周边视觉发展得如何 |
[08:00] | Mine’s great. I saw that. | 我的周边视觉棒极了 我看到你的表情了 |
[08:10] | You know, these experiments are pretty harmless. | 这些实验都挺无害的 |
[08:12] | There’s one where you just put the baby in front of a mirror | 这一个是把宝宝放在镜子前 |
[08:15] | and you watch them watch themselves. | 然后观察他们观察自己 |
[08:16] | That sounds adorable. Let me see. | 听起来好有爱 让我看看 |
[08:19] | How come when she talks about experiments on babies, | 怎么她说拿宝宝做实验 |
[08:21] | you think it’s adorable, but when I do it, | 你就觉得很有爱 而我提起的时候 |
[08:22] | everyone gets upset? | 每个人都一脸嫌弃 |
[08:25] | I think I can speak for all of us. | 我想我可以代表大家回答这个问题 |
[08:27] | You’re just creepy. | 因为你这人就是很诡异 |
[08:31] | No offense. | 无意冒犯哦 |
[08:34] | Hey, this one we can do with both Michael and Halley. | 这个实验可以同时用麦克和哈雷做 |
[08:37] | It’s called Grabby Hands. | 叫做小手爱抓抓 |
[08:38] | Wasn’t that your nickname in high school? | 这不是你高中的外号吗 |
[08:42] | No, it was Mama’s Boy. | 不 我的外号叫妈宝男 |
[08:43] | But the joke was on them, because I love my mom. | 但我一点不害臊 因为我就爱我的妈咪 |
[08:47] | Guys, listen, | 各位 听着 |
[08:48] | you secure them both in car seats | 你把孩子放在安全座椅里固定好 |
[08:50] | and slowly spin a toy | 然后用绳子吊起一个玩具 |
[08:51] | at the end of the string above them. | 在他们面前慢慢转动 |
[08:53] | The younger baby tends to reach | 年幼的孩子会试图 |
[08:54] | with either hand, | 用任意一只手去抓 |
[08:55] | and the older baby prefers the dominant hand. | 年长的孩子倾向于用惯用手去抓 |
[08:58] | That is kind of interesting. | 听起来很有趣呀 |
[09:00] | And it’s not really experimenting on the kids. | 这不太算是拿孩子做实验 |
[09:02] | It’s more like experimenting with the kids. | 更像是和孩子一起做实验 |
[09:04] | Well, I guess if you think about it, | 我想如果你认真思考一下的话 |
[09:05] | it’s kind of like playing games with them. | 这更像是和他们一起玩游戏 |
[09:08] | Okay, you know what, | 这样吧 |
[09:08] | when they wake up, we can try one or two of these. | 等他们睡醒了 我们可以尝试一两个 |
[09:10] | Yay! | 耶 |
[09:14] | I said, “Yay!” | 我说了”耶” |
[09:18] | Thank you. It’s a brand-new day. | 谢谢你 又是崭新的一天 |
[09:21] | Wow, we got a pretty good crowd here. | 来我们展位的人好多呀 |
[09:23] | I know. But not as big as that booth. | 是啊 但没那边展位的人多 |
[09:25] | What’s going on over there? | 那边在搞什么 |
[09:26] | Yeah, that’s Chantix. | 那是戒烟药”畅沛” |
[09:28] | Ray Liotta’s signing autographs until 2:00. | 两点前男星雷·利奥塔都在那边签名 |
[09:34] | Hey, I thought we weren’t supposed to have our phones in the booth. | 不是说不准在展位用手机吗 |
[09:37] | That’s a “you” rule, not a “me” rule. | 那是规定你 不是规定我 |
[09:41] | Hey, can I help you? | 你好 有什么能帮到你吗 |
[09:43] | Actually, I’m looking for the bathroom. | 其实我在找洗手间 |
[09:44] | Ah, yes. It’s right next to the laxative booth. | 就在泻药展位旁边 |
[09:46] | Clever, right? | 这安排好机智 不是吗 |
[09:51] | So we meet again. | 我们又见面了 |
[09:52] | Oh, yeah. Uh, Danny, right? How’s your launch going? | 你叫丹尼 对吧 你们新药发布怎么样了 |
[09:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[09:56] | Is Dr. Rostenkowski around? | 罗斯滕科斯基博士在吗 |
[09:58] | No, she stepped out for a call, although I wouldn’t be surprised | 不在 她出去接电话了 不过她要是去了排队 |
[10:00] | if she’s in line to meet Ray Liotta. | 见雷·利奥塔 我也不意外 |
[10:03] | Yeah. Something tells me she’s not crazy about me. | 有什么告诉我 她不太喜欢我 |
[10:05] | Yeah. Something tells me that, too, and it was her. | 是啊 也有什么告诉我了 就是她本人 |
[10:09] | Well, it doesn’t matter, I was actually hoping to talk to you. | 没关系 我其实是想跟你聊聊 |
[10:12] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[10:13] | You’ve done a terrific job with Inflaminex. | 炎立大的销售工作你做得很棒 |
[10:16] | We’re always on the lookout for great salespeople. | 我们一直在寻找优秀的销售人员 |
[10:18] | I think we could make you happy. | 我想我们能让你快乐 |
[10:19] | Uh, thanks, but I’m pretty happy. | 谢了 不过我现在就挺快乐的 |
[10:21] | – I could be more happy. – Tell it to your shrink, Karen. | -我可以更快乐点 -跟你心理医生说去 凯伦 |
[10:27] | Hey, Howie, everything okay? | 华仔 没出什么事吧 |
[10:28] | Yeah, everything’s great. | 一切都很好 |
[10:29] | I was just wondering if we had any large barbecue tongs. | 我就想问问 我们家有没有大烧烤夹 |
[10:33] | Uh, bottom left drawer. Are you guys grilling? | 底层左边那个抽屉里 你们在烧烤吗 |
[10:36] | Nope, just playing games with the kids. | 不是 只是要跟孩子们玩游戏 |
[10:39] | Why do you need tongs? | 那为什么要用到夹子 |
[10:40] | Love you, too, bye. | 我也爱你 再见 |
[10:42] | I-I bet Michael grabs it before Halley. | 我肯定麦克会比哈雷先抓 |
[10:45] | Not a chance. | 做梦 |
[10:46] | Halley’s a year older, you know she’s gonna get it first. | 哈雷比他大一岁 你知道她会先抓到的 |
[10:48] | I just think he wants it more. Come on. | 我只是觉得他更想要玩具 加油 |
[10:51] | Come on, you got this. You got this, Michael | 加油 你可以的 你可以的 麦克 |
[10:53] | Grab it. Grab it, Halley. I believe in you. | 抓住 抓住呀 哈雷 我相信你行 |
[10:55] | Oh! That was so close. Just keep on trying. | 差一点就成功了 继续努力啊 |
[10:58] | Hey. Hey, y-you guys want to make this more interesting? | 你们想让这个变得更有意思吗 |
[11:01] | By establishing a double-blind protocol | 通过制定双盲实验计划 |
[11:01] | 指在实验过程中 测验者与被测验者 都不知道被测者所属的组别 旨在消除主观偏差和个人偏好 | |
[11:02] | so we have a foundation to publish? Yes. | 这样我们才有发表论文的基础吗 好啊 |
[11:08] | Look, here’s my card. Maybe we can get a drink this weekend. | 这是我的名片 或许周末我们可以一起喝一杯 |
[11:10] | Oh, I don’t know. I’m pretty busy. | 我说不好 我挺忙的 |
[11:11] | I have to inventory all the giveaways. | 我得清点赠品存货 |
[11:13] | Hey, beat it. Shoo. | 走开 滚蛋 |
[11:17] | So what did he want? | 他想干嘛 |
[11:18] | – Nothing. – He offered her a job. | -没干嘛 -他挖她过去工作 |
[11:20] | No one likes a tattletale, Karen. | 没人喜欢打小报告的人 凯伦 |
[11:24] | So, what’s up, traitor? | 怎么回事 叛徒 |
[11:25] | Dammit, Karen. | 凯伦 你个大嘴巴 |
[11:28] | Okay, you want to engage the babies. | 首先 需要引起宝宝们的注意 |
[11:30] | The subjects. | 你是指实验对象 |
[11:33] | – The babies. – Fine. The babies. | -是宝宝们 -好吧 宝宝们 |
[11:36] | Baby-A and Baby-B. | 宝宝A和宝宝B |
[11:38] | Engage them for a minute and take note of their reactions. | 引起他们注意 然后记下他们的反应 |
[11:41] | There’s something familiar about all this. | 这一切看起来好有既视感 |
[11:44] | Okay, go. | 开始 |
[11:45] | Hello, baby. | 你好呀 宝宝 |
[11:46] | Are you having a pleasant day? | 你今天过得愉快吗 |
[11:47] | Oh, my G– This is my entire childhood. | 天啊 我整个童年就是这么过的 |
[11:53] | Leonard, Leonard, you’re tainting my data. | 莱纳德 莱纳德 你污染我的数据了 |
[11:55] | Uh, it’s like word for word. | 简直一字不差 |
[11:58] | – How much time is left? – 35 seconds. | -还剩多少时间 -35秒 |
[12:00] | Oh really? He’s not reacting at all. | 真的吗 他完全没反应 |
[12:02] | Sheldon, he’s a baby. | 谢尔顿 他还是个宝宝 |
[12:03] | That’s not how you talk to him, okay? J-Just watch. | 你用这种方式跟他说话不对 看我的 |
[12:08] | Halley. | 哈雷 |
[12:10] | Who’s your favorite uncle? | 谁是你最喜欢的叔叔呀 |
[12:13] | Unka Koo. | 库蜀黍 |
[12:17] | I got a dud, let’s switch. | 我这孩子是坏的 我们交换 |
[12:20] | Keep trying. It’s for science. | 继续尝试 这是为了科学 |
[12:22] | Is that all I was to her? | 我对她来说就只有这意义吗 |
[12:23] | Just an experiment? | 只是个实验 |
[12:25] | Michael. Michael, you’re making me look bad. | 麦克 麦克 你让我好没面子 |
[12:27] | I-Interact with me. | 跟我互动啊 |
[12:29] | He grabbed my finger. | 他抓住了我的手指 |
[12:30] | Oh, he’s smiling. I’m doing it. | 他笑了 我做到了 |
[12:34] | – That’s time. – Oh, really? | -时间到 -真的吗 |
[12:36] | Can we do one more? | 能再来一次吗 |
[12:37] | I think these guys need to get some food. | 我想宝宝们需要吃点东西了 |
[12:40] | By pushing a lever at the end | 在我们设计的超越障碍训练场 |
[12:41] | of an obstacle course that we design? | 终点推杆获得食物吗 |
[12:44] | No, by opening the door to a hangar | 不 是打开嘴巴飞机库 |
[12:46] | and letting the airplane fly in. | 让飞机汤匙飞进嘴里 |
[12:49] | Although, Sheldon, maybe it could be an experiment. | 不过谢尔顿 或许可以做个实验 |
[12:52] | Are you suggesting we color-code their food | 你是提议我们将他们的食物标上不同颜色 |
[12:54] | so we can examine their diapers later? | 然后晚点检查他们的尿布吗 |
[12:58] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[13:00] | These diapers are gonna be full of data. | 这些尿布会装进满满一包”数据”的 |
[13:05] | I never thought I would see Sheldon enjoying himself | 我从没想过会看到谢尔顿跟宝宝 |
[13:07] | around babies so much. | 玩得这么开心 |
[13:10] | Yeah, how about that? | 是啊 没料到吧 |
[13:11] | So he just happened to stumble upon a book | 所以他就这么刚好在我们准备 |
[13:14] | about experimenting with them the same day | 跟霍华德的孩子们玩的同一天 |
[13:17] | we were hanging out with Howard’s kids? | 发现了一本讲跟宝宝做实验的书 |
[13:21] | Yep, don’t overthink it. | 对 别想太多 |
[13:25] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:26] | At sleepaway camp my cabin was called “Control Group.” | 我去住宿营时睡的小木屋就叫”实验对照小组” |
[13:36] | I can’t believe you took his business card. | 你居然收下了他的名片 |
[13:38] | I can’t believe we’re still talking about this. | 我们居然还在聊这个话题 |
[13:40] | He handed it to me. What was I supposed to do? | 他递给我了 我能怎么办 |
[13:42] | Hand it back to him and tell him | 递回给他 |
[13:43] | to stick it where the sun don’t shine. | 然后叫他把名片塞菊花里 |
[13:46] | You are not serious. | 你不是认真[严重]的吧 |
[13:48] | Serious as the hepatitis | 跟他们公司的胆固醇药 |
[13:49] | their cholesterol medication gave thousands of people. | 害数千人得的肝炎一样严重 |
[13:54] | Did it? | 真的吗 |
[13:55] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[13:58] | You’re not really considering this, are you? | 你不是真的在考虑这事吧 |
[13:59] | I don’t know. It’s kinda flattering. | 我不知道 我挺受宠若惊的 |
[14:02] | Please, he’s just using you to get to me. | 拜托 他接近是想利用你来气我 |
[14:04] | Or he’s trying to get to me | 也可能他接近我 |
[14:06] | because I’m really good at my job. | 是因为我的工作能力太强了 |
[14:08] | Don’t be so naive. | 别这么天真 |
[14:09] | They’re our number one competitor. | 他们是我们的头号竞争对手 |
[14:11] | They have a rival drug coming out | 他们马上就要推出一款竞品药了 |
[14:12] | with a name I wish we thought of– Forsootha. | 我真希望我们当初也想到这名字了 “服舒洒” |
[14:16] | It’s got “soothe” right in it. | 名字里有”舒”又有”服” |
[14:17] | How did we miss that? | 我们当初怎么就没想到呢 |
[14:19] | You know, our brand recognition is three times higher than theirs. | 我们的品牌认知度比他们的要高三倍 |
[14:22] | And I did that with a stupid product name and no assistant. | 哪怕产品名傻逼还没助理 但我还是做到了 |
[14:25] | You only have this job because I gave it to you. | 你能拥有这份工作 是靠我给你的 |
[14:28] | You know who else was begging you | 你知道当初还有谁在求你 |
[14:29] | to head up their sales team? Nobody. | 带领他们的销售团队吗 没人 |
[14:31] | Well, you know who’s begging me now? Danny. | 你知道现在谁在求我吗 丹尼 |
[14:34] | I can’t believe this is how you thank me. | 我真不敢相信你这么回报我的恩情 |
[14:36] | I thanked you by thanking you. | 我对你说了谢谢来表达感谢之情 |
[14:38] | And I sent you that fancy box of pears. | 我还送了你一盒豪华高档梨 |
[14:40] | What am I supposed to do with 20 pears? | 你要我怎么处理20个梨 |
[14:42] | Have a pear party? | 办个梨子派对吗 |
[14:49] | Ooh, a juicy pear. | 这梨水真多啊 |
[14:54] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们去哪儿了 |
[14:55] | Oh, Sheldon’s helping Howard give them a bath. | 谢尔顿在帮霍华德给孩子们洗澡 |
[14:58] | So you really think | 所以你真的认为 |
[15:00] | you can trick Sheldon into liking babies? | 你可以骗谢尔顿喜欢孩子吗 |
[15:04] | I slept with him; I married him. | 我睡了他 嫁了他 |
[15:06] | You want to bet against me? | 你想跟我对赌吗 |
[15:11] | Oh, you were right, Amy. | 你说得对 艾米 |
[15:12] | There were so many valuable experiments | 在洗澡的时候 可以对他们 |
[15:14] | to perform on them during bath time. | 做好多宝贵的实验哦 |
[15:17] | You don’t say. | 可不是嘛 |
[15:21] | I do. I tested their object permanence with a rubber duck, | 真的 我用玩具橡胶鸭测试了他们的物体恒存心理 |
[15:24] | and we took a run at Archimedes’ water displacement, | 我们还尝试了阿基米德的浮力定律 |
[15:27] | but that went right over their heads. | 但是水直接淹没了他们的脑袋 |
[15:29] | Well, I’m glad you had a good day. | 我很高兴你今天玩得很开心 |
[15:31] | I did. It’s so funny, | 是啊 说起来真有趣 |
[15:33] | we did all these experiments on them | 我们在他们身上做了那么多实验 |
[15:35] | and they didn’t even notice. | 他们却丝毫没有注意到 |
[15:37] | I know, I was worried it would be obvious, but it wasn’t. | 我懂 我本来也担心太明显 但事实证明不会 |
[15:44] | I guess we should go and let Howard get them ready for bed. | 我觉得我们应该走了 让霍华德哄孩子们睡觉 |
[15:46] | Yeah. Do you think he’d let us come back | 好吧 你觉得他还会让我们再来 |
[15:48] | and do some more? | 做更多实验吗 |
[15:49] | Maybe we could take them to the park. | 或许我们可以带他们去公园 |
[15:51] | Smart. There’ll be more babies. | 好机智 那里会有更多的宝宝 |
[15:53] | It’s a bigger sample size. | 就有更多的样本量了 |
[16:01] | Where did Leonard go? | 莱纳德去哪儿了 |
[16:03] | Just tell me the truth, Mother. | 跟我说实话吧 妈 |
[16:06] | Was my whole childhood just one big experiment? | 我的整个童年就是一个大实验吗 |
[16:10] | Of course not, dear. | 当然不是啦 亲爱的 |
[16:11] | It was thousands of small experiments. | 是成千上万个小实验 |
[16:16] | So that’s all I was to you, a-a test subject? | 所以我对你而言就是个实验对象吗 |
[16:20] | No, you were my baby and I found you fascinating. | 不 你是我的宝贝 我觉得你很棒 |
[16:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:25] | Yes, watching you develop, tracking your progress. | 是的 看着你成长 追踪你的发展过程 |
[16:29] | I know I’m not the warmest of parents, | 我知道我不是最温暖贴心的父母 |
[16:32] | but it was time we spent together, | 但我们曾经一起共度了许多时光 |
[16:34] | and, honestly, those are some of my fondest memories. | 说实话 那是我最喜欢的美好记忆之一 |
[16:40] | When did you stop? | 你什么时候停止实验的 |
[16:42] | Oh, I can’t tell you, the experiment isn’t over. | 我无法告诉你 实验还没结束呢 |
[16:50] | Zangen’s a fine company. | 你们公司的确是不错 |
[16:51] | They got a couple of good drugs, | 手上有几款好药 |
[16:53] | but we control 60% of the market. | 但我们掌控了60%的市场 |
[16:55] | Hell, commissions on just our fungal creams | 光是卖真菌乳膏所能获得的抽成 |
[16:57] | will put you in a new Mercedes. | 就能让你买一辆全新的奔驰车了 |
[16:59] | Danny. Danny, look at me. | 丹尼 丹尼 看着我 |
[17:00] | Does this face sell fungal creams? | 你看我这张脸像卖真菌乳膏的吗 |
[17:04] | No. This face is cholesterol drugs and above. | 不 这张脸只卖胆固醇药及更高级的药 |
[17:08] | Playing hard to get, huh? | 玩高冷难泡是吧 |
[17:10] | No one’s ever accused me of that before. | 以前还从来没人这么说过我呢 |
[17:13] | Look, why don’t I just give you a number | 不如我直接告诉你一个数字 |
[17:15] | and see what you think? | 然后你考虑看看吧 |
[17:16] | Ooh, are-are you gonna write it on a napkin | 你是要写在纸巾上 |
[17:18] | and slide it over to me? | 然后推到我这边来吗 |
[17:19] | No, I was just gonna say it. | 不 我打算直接说出来 |
[17:24] | Do you want me to write it on a napkin | 你想让我写在纸巾上 |
[17:25] | and slide it over to you? | 然后推到你那边吗 |
[17:26] | Yah. | 当然啦 |
[17:28] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[17:31] | Danny, you rat bastard. | 丹尼 你个卑鄙的混蛋 |
[17:34] | What? I’m just making your friend an offer. | 怎么了 我只是给你的朋友开个价而已 |
[17:36] | Yeah, he’s writing it on a napkin like in the movies. | 没错 他会像电影里那样写在纸巾上 |
[17:41] | That’s not an offer. | 这什么狗屁价啊 |
[17:42] | Do you know how amazing this girl is? | 你知道这姑娘有多出色吗 |
[17:44] | – Aw. You think I’m amazing? – Stay out of this. | -天啊 你觉得我很出色吗 -别多嘴 |
[17:47] | I’m serious.. | 我说的是真的 |
[17:48] | Not only is she a helluva salesperson, | 她不仅仅是极其出色的销售 |
[17:50] | she’s the hardest worker I’ve ever seen. | 也是我见过的工作最勤奋刻苦的人 |
[17:51] | I know, that’s why I’m trying to steal her from you. | 我知道 所以我才想把她从你手中偷过来 |
[17:53] | Well, then you’re gonna have to do a lot better than this, | 那你可得开一个比这高得多的价 |
[17:55] | because I promise you, | 因为我向你保证 |
[17:56] | I’m not gonna let her go without a fight. | 我不会毫不反抗 轻松放走她的 |
[17:58] | You do not want that, she’s a biter. | 你不会想要跟她作对的 她是个母狮子 |
[18:01] | Just think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[18:04] | You know, I don’t have to. | 其实我没什么好想的 |
[18:05] | Thanks, but I’m happy where I am. | 谢谢你 但我对现在的工作很满意 |
[18:07] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[18:11] | Can I just see what he wrote on the napkin? | 我能看看他在纸巾上写的数字是多少吗 |
[18:13] | What napkin? | 什么纸巾 |
[18:21] | You know, spending time with Michael and Halley today | 今天跟麦克和哈雷一起玩 |
[18:25] | really made me think about our future children. | 让我开始想我们未来的孩子 |
[18:31] | What an interesting and completely unforeseen development. | 真是有趣又出乎意料的发展 |
[18:36] | What are you thinking? | 你有什么想法 |
[18:37] | Well, I just can’t decide. | 我无法做决定 |
[18:39] | Either five sets of triplets | 是生五组三胞胎 |
[18:41] | or three sets of quintuplets. | 还是三组五胞胎 |
[18:45] | You know what? It doesn’t matter as long as they’re healthy. | 算了 只要他们健健康康的 这都不重要 |
[18:48] | And divisible by three. | 还有能被三整除就行 |
[18:51] | That’s a lot of babies, Sheldon. | 那简直是超生足球队了 谢尔顿 |
[18:53] | Oh, only for humans. | 只是对人类来说比较多而已 |
[18:55] | For frogs, it’s just a drop in the bucket. | 对青蛙来说 那数量可少得很 |
[18:58] | Well, I’m sorry I’m not a frog. | 我很抱歉我不是青蛙 |
[19:01] | Oh, don’t feel bad, Amy. | 别难过 艾米 |
[19:03] | You’re good enough for me. | 你也够我凑合了 |