时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | We conclusively proved super-asymmetry, | 我们确切证实了超不对称性理论 |
[00:05] | and yet somehow we-we still feel like imposters. | 然而莫名地 仍觉得自己是冒名顶替者 |
[00:08] | Yeah, there should be a term for that. | 应该有形容这种情况的词 |
[00:10] | Oh, for crying out loud, there is a term for that! | 我的老天 确实有个词能形容 |
[00:13] | It’s called “Imposter syndrome,” | 就叫做”冒名顶替者综合征” |
[00:14] | and you don’t have it, because you can’t have it | 但你们没得这种病 因为如果真是冒名顶替者 |
[00:17] | if you are imposters, and you are! | 就不会得这种病 而你们的确冒名顶替了 |
[00:19] | We’re the ones who discovered super-asymmetry, | 是我们发现了超不对称性 |
[00:22] | so if anyone’s gonna feel like they have imposter syndrome, | 所以如果有谁觉得自己得了冒名顶替者综合征 |
[00:25] | it’s us, because we’re not imposters, they are! | 那也是我们 因为我们不是冒名顶替者 他们才是 |
[00:28] | You’re imposters and you’re frauds! | 你们是冒名顶替者 也是骗子 |
[00:37] | Is that what I would’ve sounded like? | 我如果发神经病 也是像这样吗 |
[00:38] | – Yeah. – Yikes. | -对 -要命了 |
[00:43] | Sheldon, look at this. | 谢尔顿 你看这个 |
[00:44] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[00:45] | How do I know this isn’t one of those joke phones | 我怎么知道你这个不是整人电话 |
[00:48] | that squirts water in my face? | 会往我脸上喷水的那种 |
[00:50] | Because that’s not even a thing. Look. | 因为根本就没有这种东西 快看啦 |
[00:56] | You got called into human resources? | 你被人事部传唤了吗 |
[00:58] | I’m sure it’s because I insulted Pemberton and Campbell | 我估计是因为我骂了彭伯顿和坎贝尔 |
[01:01] | in a room full of Nobel Laureates. | 还是在一群诺贝尔得主面前骂的 |
[01:03] | You did do that. | 你的确是这么做了 |
[01:05] | It was awkward. People didn’t know where to look. | 当时可尴尬了 大家都不知道该看哪 |
[01:09] | This is a twist. | 真还挺新鲜 |
[01:10] | Usually you’re the one getting called into H.R. | 通常都是你被人事部传唤 |
[01:12] | Yeah, now it’s Amy. | 现在是艾米 |
[01:14] | Who knew you were married to such a bad girl. | 真没想到你娶了个”坏女孩”啊 |
[01:17] | I suppose the signs were always there. | 我想其实一直都有征兆吧 |
[01:19] | I mean, she did recently go to that rave at the mall. | 她最近还去商场里参加了狂欢派对 |
[01:22] | It was a Spencer’s Gifts. | 是卖搞笑跟整人玩具的店好吗 |
[01:26] | There was music and a strobe light. | 有音乐还有闪光灯 |
[01:27] | If that isn’t a rave, then I don’t know what one is. | 这都不是狂欢派对 那什么才是啊 |
[01:30] | You don’t know what one is. | 你还真不知道什么才是 |
[01:33] | Guys, come on, I think I’m in trouble. | 你们别闹了 我可能要惨了 |
[01:35] | It’s no big deal. I used to get called into H.R. all the time. | 不是什么大事啦 我以前也总被人事部传唤 |
[01:37] | Ms. Davis is great. Pro tip, | 戴维斯女士人很好 教你小秘诀 |
[01:39] | if you find strong women sexy, | 如果你觉得强大的女人很性感 |
[01:41] | do not say it out loud. | 绝对别说出口 |
[01:48] | Oh! She wants to see me, too. | 她也要求见我 |
[01:50] | All right, let’s get our story straight: | 好 我们来对一下供词 |
[01:51] | This is all your fault. | 这全是你的错 |
[01:53] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[01:54] | You’re probably just gonna get a slap on the wrist. | 或许只是高高举起 轻轻落下 |
[01:56] | Maybe, but do not ask for that, on the wrist or anywhere else. | 或许吧 但千万别主动说想让鞭子落在哪个部位 |
[02:27] | Thank you both for coming. | 谢谢你们俩来这一趟 |
[02:29] | President Siebert asked that I be a part of this conversation | 塞伯特校长要求我一起出席这次会谈 |
[02:32] | to help us calmly discuss what went wrong | 来帮助我们平静地讨论哪里出了错 |
[02:35] | and how we can better move forward. | 以及如何踏出进步的脚步迈向未来 |
[02:36] | We are not here to point fingers, | 我们不是来指出谁对谁错 |
[02:39] | so, Dr. Cooper, please stop that. | 所以库珀博士 请停止你的行为 |
[02:46] | President Siebert, would you like to start? | 塞伯特校长 你想先开始吗 |
[02:49] | This is all my fault. | 这全是我的错 |
[02:50] | I assumed you knew the Nobel Prize was good | 我以为你们知道诺贝尔奖是好东西 |
[02:52] | and we wanted to win it, so that’s on me. | 我们想赢回这个奖 这是我的锅 |
[02:58] | – Oh, so… – No. | -所以是他… -不是 |
[03:03] | I think what President Siebert is trying to say is that | 我想塞伯特校长的意思是 |
[03:05] | this is a setback and we should adopt a different strategy. | 这对得奖起了反效果 我们需要想想新方法 |
[03:08] | Like maybe you two keep your traps shut. | 比如以后两位免开尊口 |
[03:10] | “Traps.” That’s a fun old word. Where’s that been? | “免开尊口” 好有意思的成语 怎么好久没人用了 |
[03:14] | I-I’m sorry. I-I just– I-I snapped. | 我真的很对不起 我就突然理智线断了 |
[03:17] | Oh, you’re sorry! It’s all better then! | 你说对不起啊 情况一下子就变好了呢 |
[03:21] | Listen up, you have a shot to win a Nobel Prize, | 听好了 你们有机会赢得诺贝尔奖 |
[03:23] | and you’re blowing it. | 现在要被你们搞黄了 |
[03:24] | I think what President Siebert is trying to say | 我想塞伯特校长的意思是 |
[03:26] | is that you have a shot to win a Nobel Prize | 你们有机会赢得诺贝尔奖 |
[03:29] | and you’re blowing it. | 现在要被你们搞黄了 |
[03:32] | Uh, that’s exactly what he said. | 这还是他的原话啊 |
[03:35] | Yes, but I said it in my calming H.R. Voice. | 是啊 但是用我平静的人事部嗓音说的 |
[03:39] | The science world is a small community. People talk. | 科学界的圈子很小 大家肯定会八卦 |
[03:42] | I’m sure by now everyone knows about your tantrum. | 我猜现在整个学界都知道你发飙的事了 |
[03:45] | – All right, well, what can we do? – Nothing. | -好啦 那我们能做什么挽救 -什么都别做 |
[03:48] | Let me make this absolutely clear for you. | 我现在跟你们说清楚 |
[03:50] | You two are done talking. | 你们俩别想再说一句了 |
[03:51] | We’re canceling your speaking engagements and your interviews. | 我们要取消你们所有谈话的活动与访问 |
[03:54] | You’re gonna lie low and let us do damage control. | 你们得低调做人 让我们做损害控制 |
[03:57] | Well, if that’s what you want, that’s what we’ll do. | 如果你想这么做 我们就这么做 |
[04:00] | You two winning the Nobel Prize is very important to us, | 你们俩赢得诺贝尔奖对我们至关重要 |
[04:03] | and not just to the university. | 这不只是对学校重要 |
[04:05] | Dr. Fowler, you would be only the fourth woman | 福勒博士 你会成为第四个 |
[04:08] | to win a Nobel Prize in physics. | 赢得诺贝尔物理奖的女性 |
[04:10] | I don’t need to tell you | 我想不用我提醒你 |
[04:11] | just how inspirational that would be | 这事会对下一代的年轻女孩 |
[04:13] | to a generation of young women. | 带来多大的鼓舞与激励 |
[04:15] | Uh, yes, of-of course, I know. | 当然 我明白 |
[04:17] | So, the next words out of your mouth | 所以你们下一次开口说话 |
[04:19] | should be on a stage in Stockholm when you’re saying… | 是在斯德哥尔摩的领奖舞台上说 |
[04:22] | tack för denna ära | 塔克佛迪娜阿辣 |
[04:24] | …which is Swedish for, “Thank you for this honor.” | 也就是瑞典语的”谢谢你们给我这份荣誉” |
[04:27] | Jag visste det. | 有维斯特迪特 |
[04:28] | …which is Swedish for, “I knew that.” | 也就是瑞典语的”我懂” |
[04:33] | Dr. Cooper… | 库珀博士 |
[04:34] | – You want me to shut my trap? – I do. | -你想让我免开尊口吗 -是的 |
[04:39] | Hey, check it out. | 你快看 |
[04:40] | That looks like the moped you used to have. | 看起来跟你以前那台电瓶车好像啊 |
[04:43] | It wasn’t a moped. It was a scooter. | 不是电瓶车 是小摩托车好吗 |
[04:45] | How’s that better? | 有比较好吗 |
[04:48] | You do not want to walk into a scooter bar | 你可千万别走进一家小摩托车友酒吧 |
[04:49] | and ask that question. | 然后问这问题 |
[04:52] | Well, does take me back. | 真是让我想起了过去 |
[04:54] | Yeah, the two of us, cruising around town looking for women. | 我们俩兄弟 骑着它四处找妹子 |
[04:57] | Looking and looking and looking. | 这里也找 那里也找 到处都找 |
[05:02] | Remember that time one looked back and said hi? | 还记得有一次那姑娘转头跟我们打招呼吗 |
[05:04] | Oh, yeah. | 记得 |
[05:06] | We drove away so fast. | 我们飞一般地溜了 |
[05:10] | Hey, I forget, why did you sell the scooter? | 我有点忘了 你为什么卖了摩托来着 |
[05:13] | I finally got my woman. | 我找到了我的妹子了啊 |
[05:16] | Then my woman made me sell it. | 而我的妹子叫我卖了它 |
[05:20] | So apparently, if we win, | 所以如果我们赢了 |
[05:22] | I’ll be the fourth woman ever to win a Nobel in physics. | 我会成为史上第四个得诺贝尔物理奖的女性 |
[05:25] | Wow, that’s a big deal. | 这可是一件大事呢 |
[05:27] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 这还用说吗 |
[05:28] | This morning, I blew through my antiperspirant in, like, an hour. | 今天早上我一小时内就用完了我的止汗剂 |
[05:33] | Plus, Sheldon’s freaking out ’cause we got in trouble. | 再加上我们惹事后 谢尔顿就一直坐立难安 |
[05:36] | Well, I’ve got him distracted for a while. | 没事 我成功分散他注意力了 |
[05:40] | Doesn’t he know how to solve those? | 他不是会解那玩意吗 |
[05:42] | Normally, yes, but I switched the stickers around, so… | 本来是会的 但我换了一下贴纸 所以… |
[05:47] | I don’t even think it’s possible to solve… | 我觉得可能解不回去了 |
[05:49] | Solved it. | 解开了 |
[05:52] | What? No, you didn’t. | 什么 你才没呢 |
[05:53] | Not the cube, but the puzzle of why I couldn’t solve the cube. | 不是解开魔方 是解开为什么我拧不回 |
[05:56] | Solution: you switched stickers 2, 9, 32, and 51. | 解答是 你换了第2 9 32 51格的贴纸 |
[06:02] | Really? This thing has numbers? | 真的假的 这东西还有号码的吗 |
[06:04] | Anything has a number if you assign it a number, | 只要你指派 任何事物都可以有号码 |
[06:06] | friend number four. | 四号朋友 |
[06:10] | Top five, not bad. | 前五名呢 不错啊 |
[06:11] | This is so frustrating. | 好烦啊 |
[06:13] | I can’t believe the university expects us | 真不敢相信大学居然要求我们 |
[06:14] | to just sit back and do nothing. | 闭嘴坐好什么都不许做 |
[06:16] | Sweetie, you just need to relax. You know what I like to do? | 亲爱的 你得放宽心 你知道我喜欢怎么做吗 |
[06:18] | Numb your brain with alcohol and watch a reality show | 用酒精麻痹大脑 再看真人秀 |
[06:20] | where wealthy people pick fake arguments with each other? | 看有钱人怎么吵假架来博镜头 |
[06:24] | Hey, don’t knock it until you’ve wasted | 你没试过在这上面浪费几百小时生命 |
[06:26] | a couple hundred hours of your life. | 就别随便评论好吗 |
[06:28] | I’m sorry, but this is, it’s hard for me. | 我很抱歉 但这对我来说太难了 |
[06:31] | Usually I self-soothe by doing science, | 通常我都是靠着科研来舒缓情绪 |
[06:33] | but now science reminds me of the Nobel Prize | 可一做科研 就让我想起诺贝尔奖 |
[06:36] | and the idea that we may not win one, and that makes me angry, | 一想到我们可能赢不了 我就来气 |
[06:39] | which makes me want to self-soothe by doing science, | 一来气 我就想用科研来舒缓情绪 |
[06:40] | and on and on and on. | 接着就是无限恶性循环 |
[06:43] | So that’s been my today. | 这就是我今天的经历 |
[06:47] | Hey, how about a massage? | 不如去按摩一下吧 |
[06:49] | No, the only person who touches me is my wife. | 不行 世上唯一能碰触我的人只有我老婆 |
[06:51] | And even I have to let him smell my hand first. | 就算是我 也得先让他闻闻我的手 |
[06:57] | Okay, well, what about Reiki? | 好吧 那不如试试灵气疗法吧 |
[06:59] | It’s like massage but without touching. | 类似按摩却不需要肢体接触 |
[07:01] | Then what is it? | 那是什么玩法 |
[07:02] | Well, I place my hands near your body | 我把手放在你身体旁边 |
[07:04] | and allow the universal energy field | 让宇宙能量场 |
[07:06] | to manifest its healing powers. | 来展现它的疗愈能力 |
[07:09] | Okay, I know | 我懂啦 |
[07:09] | it sounds crazy, but it really works; ask Leonard. | 听起来很疯狂 但真的有效 不信你问莱纳德 |
[07:11] | – It really does. – Yeah. | -真的有用 -对吧 |
[07:13] | No. | 才怪 |
[07:17] | Oh, uh, how about a sensory deprivation tank? | 那感官剥夺水箱怎么样 |
[07:20] | Oh, that’s interesting. | 听起来很有趣 |
[07:22] | It’s supposed to be very calming. | 据说特别能让人平静下来 |
[07:23] | Floating in a warm pool of liquid | 漂浮在温暖的液体里 |
[07:25] | in a dark, soundless space. | 在黑暗寂静的空间中 |
[07:27] | Oh, I don’t know how I feel about | 我不知道我被剥夺感官后 |
[07:28] | being deprived of all my senses. | 会如何反应 |
[07:30] | What are you talking about? All you ever do is complain | 你在说什么呀 你不是时时刻刻都在抱怨 |
[07:32] | about how things smell, feel and sound. | 万物难闻 难受又难听吗 |
[07:34] | Oh, I’m right here. Why are you shouting? | 我人就在这里 你大声嚷嚷什么呀 |
[07:39] | What do you say? We could both use a break. | 你觉得如何 我们可以一起放个假 |
[07:41] | Come on, I’ll do it with you. | 来嘛 我和你一起做 |
[07:43] | Okay, but not in the same tank. | 好吧 但不能泡在同一个水箱里 |
[07:45] | I already shared a uterus with my twin sister. | 我已经和我的双胞胎姐姐泡过同一个子宫了 |
[07:46] | I don’t need to go through that again. | 我可不想再经历一次 |
[07:51] | – Are your eyes closed? – Yes. What is it? Show me. | -你闭上眼睛了吗 -闭着呢 是什么 快让我看看 |
[07:53] | Okay, open them. | 睁开吧 |
[07:57] | You bought me a scooter?! | 你给我买了一辆小摩托吗 |
[07:59] | No, I bought me a scooter! | 才怪 我给自己买了一辆小摩托 |
[08:03] | Then why did you make me close my eyes? | 那你为啥要我闭眼睛 |
[08:04] | I wanted to see the expression on your face | 我想看看当你看到我高兴时 |
[08:06] | when you saw how happy I was. | 是什么表情呀 |
[08:09] | Wait, one second. | 等等 |
[08:10] | Won’t Bernadette be mad when she finds out? | 伯纳黛特看到不会生气吗 |
[08:12] | She’s not gonna. I’m keeping it here at the university. | 她才不会知道呢 我会把车留在学校里 |
[08:16] | My dad kept a secret at work, too, | 我爸爸也在工作场所保留了一个秘密 |
[08:17] | but it was his receptionist. | 不过那是他的接待员小姐 |
[08:20] | Hey, would you mind if I ride it sometimes? | 你介意我偶尔来骑一下吗 |
[08:22] | Yeah, whenever you want. | 没问题 想骑就骑吧 |
[08:25] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[08:29] | That there, son, | 这个乖乖 |
[08:30] | is 12 horses of “eye-talian” thunder. | 可具有十二匹意大利猛男马力呢 |
[08:36] | Have either of you done sensory deprivation before? | 你们俩有谁体验过感官剥夺水箱吗 |
[08:39] | – No. – Never. | -没 -没体验过 |
[08:40] | Okay, just a heads up. | 好的 友情提醒一下 |
[08:42] | People have different experiences in the tanks. | 每个人在水箱中都有不同的体验 |
[08:44] | Uh, some people experience perfect calm. | 有的人会非常平静 |
[08:47] | Some people sleep. | 有的人会睡着 |
[08:48] | Some people even reported having visions. | 还有人声称看到了幻象 |
[08:50] | But if at any time you feel uncomfortable, | 但如果你感到不舒服 |
[08:52] | just press the panic button and say, “Bebe.” | 请马上按下紧急按钮并呼唤”碧碧” |
[08:55] | That’s a stupid word. | 这个词也太蠢了 |
[08:58] | That’s my name. | 那是我的名字 |
[09:02] | What do we push if we feel uncomfortable? | 如果我们不舒服 我们该按哪里 |
[09:05] | All right, are you ready? | 好了 你们准备好了吗 |
[09:05] | I’m not saying this is why we came, | 虽然这不是我们的来意 |
[09:07] | but can I close the lid on him? | 但可以让我帮他盖上盖子吗 |
[09:10] | No. | 不行 |
[09:12] | No. | 还是不行 |
[09:16] | Shall we? | 开始吧 |
[09:17] | One second. | 等一下 |
[09:18] | – Is the pH between 7.2 and 7.8? -Yes. | -水的酸碱度是在7.2-7.8之间吗 -是的 |
[09:21] | – Is the water drained and replaced after each use? – Yes. | -每次使用后水都换新吗 -是的 |
[09:24] | – Is the saline level 30%? – Yes. | -盐度值是30%吗 -是的 |
[09:26] | – Does your filtration system use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria? – Yes. | -你的过滤系统是用紫外线来杀菌的吗 -是的 |
[09:30] | I don’t need to get in. I’m relaxed already. | 我不用进去了 我现在就够放松了 |
[09:40] | Bebe. | 碧碧 |
[09:46] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[09:47] | Nothing. I just wanted to make sure it worked. | 没事 我只是想确认一下好不好使 |
[09:50] | Also, I changed my mind. | 还有 我改变主意了 |
[09:51] | It’s fun to say your name. | 你的名字念起来挺好玩的 |
[09:52] | Bebe. Bebe. | 碧碧 碧碧 |
[10:01] | Hey, what you got there? | 你拿的什么呀 |
[10:07] | Just tossing out this old helmet I don’t need. | 我只是要把这个没用的老头盔给扔了 |
[10:14] | I thought you were at the park. | 你以为你去公园了呢 |
[10:16] | We were. The kids got sleepy. | 我们去了 不过孩子想睡觉了 |
[10:17] | Great story. I need to make a phone call. | 很好 等我打个电话先 |
[10:21] | Howard, why do you look all guilty? | 霍华德 你怎么看起来充满罪恶感 |
[10:22] | Like when I catch you deleting your browser history? | 就像我抓到你删除浏览器记录时一样 |
[10:35] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[10:39] | Hmm, this is nice. | 这样真不错 |
[10:42] | It’s sort of like floating in space. | 这就像是漂浮在太空中 |
[10:45] | But better because my eyeballs haven’t frozen. | 但我的眼球没有冻住 所以更好 |
[10:49] | Ooh, colors. | 五彩斑斓 |
[10:52] | It’s infinite iterations | 这是曼德尔布罗集合中 |
[10:53] | of the “Nautilus” section of the Mandelbrot set. | 鹦鹉螺部分的无限迭代呀 |
[10:59] | That’s some good stuff. | 真是好东西 |
[11:05] | Wow, this is really dark. | 这里可真黑啊 |
[11:08] | There’s no difference between my eyes being open or closed. | 不管我睁眼还是闭眼 都感觉不到区别呢 |
[11:12] | Open, closed. | 睁眼 闭眼 |
[11:14] | Open, clo– nope, same thing. | 睁眼 闭 算了 都一样 |
[11:19] | Ooh, pretty. | 哇 好美丽 |
[11:20] | You winning a Nobel Prize would be an inspiration to all women. | 如果你获得了诺贝尔奖 对所有女性都是一种鼓舞 |
[11:25] | All women, Amy, and you’re blowing it. | 所有女性 艾米 可你搞砸了 |
[11:29] | I was gonna be a scientist, but since you lost, | 我本来要成为一名科学家 可因为你输了 |
[11:32] | I’m just gonna give makeup tutorials on YouTube. | 我现在只能在油管频道上开设化妆课了 |
[11:41] | Look all the infinite Mandelbrot sets. | 看看这无止境的曼德布洛特集合 |
[11:44] | Here a brot, there a brot, everywhere a Mandelbrot. | 这里布洛特 那里布洛特 到处都是曼德布洛特 |
[11:51] | Thanks for letting us down. | 谢谢你辜负了我们大家 |
[11:52] | I’m gonna marry a dope and have his dopey children. | 我现在要嫁给傻瓜 给他生一群小傻瓜了 |
[11:55] | – You’re such a disappointment. – I can’t do science. | -你真是太令人失望了 – 我不能从事科研了 |
[11:57] | – Way to not go, girl. – Disappointing. | -下得一手烂棋 -太失败了 |
[11:59] | – Math is too hard. – I am woman, hear me bake. | -数学真的太难了 -我是妇女 只配下厨 |
[12:03] | – Disappointment. – You’re letting us down. | -令人沮丧 -你辜负了我们 |
[12:04] | – You’re letting us down. – You’re blowing it. | -你让我们失望 -你搞砸了 |
[12:06] | – Disappointment. – You’re blowing it. | -失望透顶 -你搞砸了 |
[12:12] | Okay, hour’s up. Let’s see how they’re doing. | 一小时到了 看看他们如何吧 |
[12:16] | Hey, buddy, how you feeling? | 老兄 你还好吗 |
[12:19] | Five more minutes? | 再玩5分钟嘛 |
[12:24] | Hey, Amy. Relaxed? | 艾米 放松了没 |
[12:26] | I’m a failure! I can’t do this! | 我是个失败者 我做不到 |
[12:31] | Can someone close her lid? | 谁来把她的盖子关上 |
[12:32] | She’s kind of harshing my mellow. | 她把我的平和心情都打破了 |
[12:42] | That tank was amazing. | 那个水箱太神奇了 |
[12:44] | It was like Disneyland, but the rides were in 35 dimensions. | 就像是在迪斯尼乐园 但坐的是35维度的过山车 |
[12:48] | And instead of Mickey, I had my picture taken | 而且和我合照的不是米奇 |
[12:49] | with the concept that time is an illusion. | 而是时间即幻觉的概念 |
[12:54] | That’s great. I’m so happy for you. | 真不错 我为你高兴哦 |
[12:58] | Uh, yeah, a little constructive criticism: | 我提一个建设性的批评 |
[12:59] | You’re saying you’re happy, but you’re using your mean voice. | 你嘴上说很高兴 但你用了非常刻薄的声音 |
[13:03] | Thanks for pointing that out. | 谢谢你指出来 |
[13:05] | Now you got it. | 现在好了 |
[13:08] | Sheldon, I’m freaking out. | 谢尔顿 我都要崩溃了 |
[13:10] | Well, is this still about the Nobel Prize? | 还是因为诺贝尔奖的事吗 |
[13:12] | Yes, it’s about the Nobel Prize! | 是 因为诺贝尔奖的事 |
[13:13] | And back to the mean voice. | 刻薄的声音又出来了 |
[13:16] | It’s just– it’s too much pressure. | 压力太大了 |
[13:19] | You know? It was bad enough when I was letting us down. | 我辜负了我们俩已经够糟糕了 |
[13:21] | But now, if I don’t win, it’s like I’m letting all women down. | 但现在我如果没赢 我就辜负所有女性了 |
[13:24] | Hang on. | 慢着 |
[13:26] | What-what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[13:27] | I’m googling what to do when someone’s freaking out. | 我在搜索有人崩溃时应该怎么做 |
[13:32] | Uh, whoa, it says here | 这上面说 |
[13:34] | that a walk can be calming. | 散步能让人平静下来 |
[13:36] | Bye. | 拜 |
[13:46] | You still mad? | 你还在生气吗 |
[13:47] | Are you still a jackass? | 你还是混蛋吗 |
[13:51] | Now, now, I asked you first. | 好了 我先问你的 |
[13:53] | I can’t believe you were sneaking around my back like a child. | 真不敢相信你这么幼稚 背着我使坏 |
[13:57] | I just didn’t want you to worry. | 我只是不想你担心 |
[13:59] | No, you just didn’t want to get caught. | 不 你只是不想被抓现行 |
[14:00] | I’m sorry, but you telling me what I can and can’t do | 抱歉 但你告诉我什么能做什么不能做 |
[14:03] | is pretty damn emasculating. | 真的有损我的男子尊严 |
[14:06] | Emasculating? | 有损男子尊严 |
[14:07] | You were about to ride bitch on a moped with another man. | 你准备和另一个男人贴着骑电瓶车 |
[14:13] | It’s a scooter. | 那是摩托车 |
[14:14] | It can go on some highways. | 可以开上某些高速公路 |
[14:19] | What if you fell? | 万一你摔了呢 |
[14:20] | What if you got hurt? | 万一你受伤呢 |
[14:22] | I don’t want to raise two small children | 我可不想养两个幼儿 |
[14:24] | and one large vegetable. | 加一个大大的植物人 |
[14:26] | I’m sorry, but I need to have something in my life | 抱歉 但我需要人生中有点东西 |
[14:29] | – that reminds me I’m still a man. – You do. | -提醒我我还是个男人 -你有 |
[14:32] | You have a wife and two children who need their father. | 你有妻子 还有两个需要父亲的孩子 |
[14:35] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[14:36] | Uh, well, you don’t act like it. | 你的表现看不出你知道 |
[14:39] | Why do you want to ride that stupid thing anyway? | 你为什么要骑那个愚蠢的东西 |
[14:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:44] | Maybe I just miss the freedom I had as a younger man. | 也许只是想念年轻时的自由 |
[14:48] | What freedom? You lived with your mother. | 什么狗屁自由 你和你妈一起住 |
[14:53] | You had a curfew. | 还给你规定了宵禁时间 |
[14:56] | It wasn’t a curfew; it was just a time of night | 那不是宵禁 那只是约定了某个时间 |
[14:58] | where if I got home after that, she would be mad. | 如果我晚于那个时间回家 她会生气 |
[15:03] | You know what? I’m done talking about this. | 知道吗 我不想再说了 |
[15:04] | – Do whatever you want. – I will! | -随便你吧 -我会的 |
[15:06] | I just want you to ask yourself if that tiny, ridiculous scooter | 我只是希望你问问自己 你是否想死在 |
[15:09] | is the hill you want to die on. | 那辆又小又可笑的摩托上 |
[15:17] | Oh, yeah, this feels good. | 对 感觉好极了 |
[15:19] | Born to ride, buddy. | 天生就是骑机车的料 伙计 |
[15:23] | Yeah, watch out, ladies. | 对 小心了 女士们 |
[15:25] | All right, well, wish me luck. | 好了 祝我好运吧 |
[15:27] | You won’t need luck. | 你不需要运气 |
[15:28] | Yeah, only condoms. | 只需要安全套 |
[15:35] | He sees that car, right? | 他看到那辆车了吧 |
[15:40] | I tried to console her, but nothing seemed to work. | 我想安慰她 但似乎都不管用 |
[15:43] | Okay, when you say you consoled her, | 你说你安慰她 |
[15:46] | what exactly does that mean? | 是怎么安慰的 |
[15:49] | I took a walk, I came back, | 我出去散步 回去后 |
[15:51] | she was still upset, so I came here. | 她还在难过 所以我过来了 |
[15:55] | Well, I don’t see what else you could’ve done. | 我不知道你还能做什么了呢 |
[16:00] | You know, I know she’s unhappy, but I don’t know how to help. | 我知道她不开心 但我不知道怎么帮她 |
[16:03] | Maybe you can’t. | 也许你帮不了 |
[16:04] | Sometimes people are upset, | 有时候别人难过 |
[16:05] | and all you can do is be there for them. | 你能做的只是在旁边陪伴 |
[16:08] | And while I’m there, what do I do? | 我陪伴时要做什么 |
[16:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[16:14] | Oh, so like what you’re doing right now to help me. | 就像你现在帮我的这样 |
[16:18] | You’re up. | 到你了 |
[16:20] | Sheldon, maybe you don’t know what to do | 谢尔顿 也许你不知道怎么做 |
[16:22] | because Amy’s always taking care of you. | 是因为艾米总是照顾你 |
[16:26] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:27] | And by calming down, I’ve taken away the one thing | 我出去冷静 她不能照顾我 |
[16:29] | that gives her comfort: caring for me. | 我带走了唯一能给她安慰的东西 |
[16:35] | That’s what you heard? | 你从我的话中理解出这意思吗 |
[16:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:39] | No, I need to have an emotional meltdown | 我需要来一个情绪崩溃 |
[16:41] | so she’s forced to focus on me and forget about herself. | 她就能被迫注意我 忘了自己 |
[16:45] | No. Th-That’s not even close to what– | 不 根本差得十万八千… |
[16:47] | Uh, you know, actually, that might be your best move. Yeah. | 其实也许这是最好办法 |
[16:52] | Amy. Thank goodness you’re home. | 艾米 你在家真是太好了 |
[16:54] | I don’t know if you can tell, but I am literally losing my mind. | 我不知道你能否看出来 但我字面上失去理智了 |
[16:58] | You are? | 是吗 |
[16:58] | Isn’t it obvious? I just used “literally” figuratively. | 还不明显吗 我都乱用了”字面上”这词 |
[17:03] | Like a crazy person. | 像个疯子那样[许多人常乱用] |
[17:06] | What is going on with you? Are you okay? | 你怎么了 你还好吗 |
[17:08] | No, I am not okay, so I suggest you start focusing on me | 我不好 所以我建议你关注我 |
[17:10] | to the exclusion of your own feelings. | 忘掉自己的那些情绪 |
[17:14] | Sheldon, whatever you’re doing, | 谢尔顿 不管你在做什么 |
[17:15] | I-I don’t have time for it right now. | 我现在没时间 |
[17:18] | I’m sorry. I know you’re upset, | 对不起 我知道你很难过 |
[17:20] | but I don’t know how to make it better. | 但我不知道怎么让你好受些 |
[17:22] | I don’t know how you can, either. | 我也不知道你能怎么做 |
[17:25] | I mean, I don’t know if anybody can. | 我不知道能否有人让我好受些 |
[17:27] | I just– | 我只是… |
[17:28] | I feel like I’m letting everybody down. | 我感觉我辜负了所有人 |
[17:40] | I’m about to hold you. Would you like to smell my hand first? | 我准备抱你 你想先闻我的手吗 |
[17:48] | I’m fine. | 不用 |
[17:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:01] | ♪ Soft kitty, warm kitty ♪ | ♪ 软猫猫 暖猫猫 ♪ |
[18:04] | ♪ Little ball of fur ♪ | ♪ 小毛球猫猫 ♪ |
[18:06] | ♪ Happy kitty, sleepy kitty ♪ | ♪ 笑猫猫 困猫猫 ♪ |
[18:09] | ♪ Purr, purr, purr ♪ | ♪ 咕噜咕噜咕噜 ♪ |
[18:12] | That helps. | 有帮助 |
[18:13] | Shh, I’m singing. | 安静 我在唱歌 |
[18:16] | ♪ Soft kitty, warm kitty ♪ | ♪ 软猫猫 暖猫猫 ♪ |
[18:18] | ♪ Little ball of fur ♪ | ♪ 小毛球猫猫 ♪ |
[18:29] | Raj said you got $800. | 拉杰说你卖了800块 |
[18:35] | Jerk. | 臭小子 |
[18:39] | On a positive note, the scooter helped Bert meet a girl. | 往好的一面看 摩托帮伯特认识了一个女生 |
[18:42] | Oh, that’s nice. What does she do? | 太好了 她做什么的 |
[18:44] | She’s an E.R. Nurse. | 急诊室的护士 |
[18:47] | – Oh, no. – No. | -不是吧 -没事 |
[18:49] | It was a real meet-cute. | 那是一场美丽的邂逅 |
[18:50] | She popped his arm back in the socket, | 她把他错位的胳膊接回去 |
[18:53] | and when he came to, they exchanged phone numbers. | 他醒来后 他们交换了电话号码 |
[19:00] | Ms. Davis? | 戴维斯女士 |
[19:01] | Dr. Fowler, how can I help you? | 福勒博士 有何贵干 |
[19:04] | You were right about this Nobel Prize bigger than I am. | 你说得对 诺贝尔奖比我本身重要 |
[19:07] | and you were right that, like it or not, I am a role model. | 你说得对 不管喜不喜欢我都是榜样 |
[19:11] | But you are wrong to keep me on the sidelines. | 但你让我当旁观者是错的 |
[19:13] | I am smart, I’m capable, | 我聪明 我有能力 |
[19:15] | and I can make a difference. | 我可以带来改变 |
[19:18] | Well said. You make a strong case. | 说得好 观点强而有力 |
[19:20] | Damn right,’cause I’m a strong woman | 那是当然 因为我是强而有力的女人 |
[19:22] | wearing a strong man’s deodorant! | 擦的是强而有力男人的止汗剂 |
[19:27] | Well, how about have a seat? | 不如坐下吧 |
[19:29] | Maybe you’d like a glass of water? | 想喝杯水吗 |
[19:31] | You have anything with a little more kick? | 有没有带劲一点的 |
[19:34] | Seriously, Dr. Fowler | 别闹了 福勒博士 |
[19:36] | this is human resources. | 这里可是人力资源部 |
[19:37] | You’re right. I-I don’t know what I was thinking. | 你说得对 我不知道我是怎么想的 |
[19:45] | You want ice, you’re out of luck. | 要冰块就没有了 |