时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Tonight I will submit myself as captain of this combined crew. | 今晚我将自荐担任这一联合船员队伍的船长 |
[00:13] | I intend to lead the men in retaking the fort, | 我打算带领众人夺回堡垒 |
[00:16] | having ended your tyranny over this place for good. | 彻底终结你对此地的暴政 |
[00:18] | She’s adrift. Alone in the most terrifying way. | 如今她茫然若失 孤身一人 |
[00:21] | You know who I am? | 知道我是谁吗 |
[00:23] | I think you know who that is. I will protect you. | 我觉得你知道那是谁 我会保护你 |
[00:26] | The captain of Scarborough, | 斯卡伯勒号的船长 |
[00:27] | he offered me and nine men of my choosing full pardons | 他同意赦免我和我指定的另外九个人 |
[00:31] | if I would aid him in the capture of a fugitive from justice. | 只要我能协助他抓住一名逃犯 |
[00:35] | You understand what I’m asking you to do? | 你明白我要你做什么吗 |
[00:37] | Go back and watch the gold. | 回去看着金子 |
[00:38] | Keep watch on the Spanish soldiers | 我是要你盯着那些 |
[00:40] | who are watching the gold. | 看守金子的西班牙士兵 |
[00:41] | Her father is a very influential man. | 她父亲非常有权势 |
[00:43] | If I return her to him, I believe that I can win him as an ally. | 如果我将她还回去 或许能让他成为盟友 |
[00:47] | Courting Lord Ashe and retrieving the Urca gold | 讨好艾什勋爵和夺回厄卡号上的金子 |
[00:49] | are working against each other. | 两件事不能同时进行 |
[00:51] | If you prevent any further attack on the fort, | 如果你不再继续攻打堡垒 |
[00:53] | I will bring the girl down from the hill | 我就把那女孩带下山 |
[00:55] | and deliver her to you. | 并交给你 |
[00:56] | You are no longer a hostage. I’m gonna get you out of here. | 你不再是人质了 我会救你出去 |
[02:37] | I remember music… | 我还记得她家中 |
[02:41] | in her home. | 悠扬的音乐 |
[02:47] | It was always so warm there, so lovely. | 那里总是温暖而美好 |
[02:54] | And I remember when I would visit there with Mother and Father, | 我还记得跟着父母前去拜访 |
[02:57] | how she would lean down | 她会俯下身来 |
[02:59] | so her face was very near mine – and she’s smile. | 将脸贴近我 并对着我笑 |
[03:05] | I remember hoping I’d be so beautiful one day. | 我还记得曾希望有朝一日也能像她一样美丽 |
[03:09] | And I remember watching her talk with my mother from across the room | 我记得看着她与我母亲在房间另一端交谈 |
[03:15] | and how she’d make my mother laugh. | 她逗得我母亲开怀大笑 |
[03:24] | And you’re saying she’s here? | 你说她在这里 |
[03:26] | Lady Hamilton is on this island? | 汉密尔顿夫人在这座岛上 |
[03:28] | She is. She’s a friend | 没错 她是我的朋友 |
[03:30] | and she wants to help rescue you from this place. | 她想帮助你逃离这里 |
[03:32] | But I don’t understand. | 但我不明白 |
[03:35] | Captain Vane gave me his word I’d be unharmed here. | 韦恩船长保证过我在这里不会受到伤害 |
[03:38] | Things have changed. | 如今情况不同了 |
[03:41] | Things are changing as we speak tonight. | 此时此刻 一切正在发生变化 |
[03:43] | You are now worth more to him as part of | 如今你对他来说有了更宝贵的价值 |
[03:45] | a very dangerous game here on the island. | 作为岛上一场危险游戏的一部分 |
[03:47] | As such, he has no intention | 所以 他在短期内 |
[03:48] | of returning you to your father any time soon. | 是不会将你送还给你父亲了 |
[03:52] | Trust me. Trust Mrs. Hamilton | 相信我 相信汉密尔顿夫人 |
[03:56] | and know that we must leave this place now. | 我们必须尽快离开这里了 |
[03:59] | How? | 怎么离开 |
[04:01] | There is a network of tunnels that run beneath the fort. | 这堡垒之下有一系列地道 |
[04:03] | And the entrance to one of them isn’t far. | 其中一个入口离这里不远 |
[04:05] | By the time anyone realizes you are gone, | 等有人发现你不见的时候 |
[04:07] | you will be safely away from here | 你早已经远离此地 |
[04:08] | and in the care of Captain Flint. | 并受到弗林特船长的周全保护 |
[04:17] | I remember Lady Hamilton’s face. | 我记得汉密尔顿夫人的样貌 |
[04:22] | But I know Captain Flint’s name. | 但我听过弗林特船长的名字 |
[04:24] | My father’s mentioned it in his letters. | 父亲曾在他的信中提起过 |
[04:27] | He says Captain Flint is the most wicked of the New World pirates. | 他说弗林特船长是新世界最狡猾的海盗 |
[04:30] | That he’s evil. | 是个恶人 |
[04:32] | Promise me that my escape isn’t some awful ruse | 答应我 这场逃脱不是为了将我 |
[04:37] | to deliver me from one madman into the hands of another. | 从一个疯子转交到另一个疯子的手上 |
[04:43] | Captain Flint is a good man. | 弗林特船长是个好人 |
[04:48] | If you don’t trust my word about it… | 如果你不相信我的话 |
[04:52] | trust hers. | 至少相信她的 |
[04:59] | Where do we go? | 我们要去哪 |
[05:04] | Shut up. Just get it done. | 别啰嗦 赶紧投就是了 |
[05:20] | Where’s your count? | 你的胜算如何 |
[05:24] | Hard to tell. | 不好说 |
[05:25] | Everyone’s holding this one close. | 大家都不愿多说 |
[05:29] | Well, I’m hearing you’re up three. | 我听说你暂时领先三票 |
[05:32] | I have it as four. | 我听说是四票 |
[05:34] | – You have Dobson as a nay. – Yes. | -道布森不支持你 -没错 |
[05:36] | – Brewer’s a nay. – Yes. | -布鲁尔也不支持你 -对 |
[05:37] | – Winslow? – Winslow? | -还有温斯洛呢 -温斯洛 |
[05:39] | No, he’s a yea vote. | 不 他会投给我的 |
[05:41] | When did you ask him? | 你什么时候问的他 |
[05:43] | A little while ago. Why, has something happened? | 不久前 出什么事了吗 |
[05:46] | He got into it with Muldoon over last mess, | 他跟马尔登吵了起来 |
[05:48] | said Muldoon was chewing too loud or something. | 说马尔登吃饭声音太大 |
[05:51] | Muldoon brought his mother into it. | 马尔登问候了他妈 |
[05:53] | Muldoon’s in your camp, so Winslow flipped as a “Fuck you.” | 马尔登是你阵营里的 所以温斯洛不再支持你了 |
[05:59] | Seriously. | 我说真的 |
[06:01] | That’s a good one. | 这理由真是绝了 |
[06:04] | My seamanship, my prospects for garnering plunder, | 我的航海技术 抢夺战利品的可能性 |
[06:09] | my skill in a fight, the sound of my voice, | 战斗力 我的嗓音 |
[06:11] | the sound of another man’s eating. | 还有手下吃东西的声音 |
[06:13] | I suppose at the end of the day, | 到最后 |
[06:15] | they’re all functionally equivalent. | 这些事情都一样 |
[06:18] | A man casts his vote for | 一个人投票的原因 |
[06:19] | the same reason he does anything in his life. | 就跟他做其他事的原因一样 |
[06:23] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[06:25] | Because it feels good. | 因为感觉好 |
[06:28] | Three votes, four votes. | 三票 四票 |
[06:30] | 30 of them will change their minds | 三十个人 |
[06:32] | before they raise their hands tonight. | 会在今晚投票前改主意 |
[06:35] | The thing that will decide this vote hasn’t happened yet. | 能左右投票结果的事还没发生 |
[06:42] | You’re going to convince them they’ll feel better | 你要说服他们 给你投票 |
[06:44] | about voting for you over him. | 会让他们感觉更好 |
[06:45] | I think I’ve got a pretty strong case. | 我觉得我的理由挺充分的 |
[06:49] | His way, a lot of them will die tonight. | 要按照他的想法 很多人今晚就会死 |
[06:51] | My way, they won’t and we’ll gain the favor of a man | 按我的方法来 大家不仅不会死 |
[06:53] | who could move this place a step closer to sustainability. | 还会得到一个能保护这里的人的支持 |
[06:59] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[07:02] | Though, still, his argument would seem to be the easier one. | 但是他的说辞更具煽动性 |
[07:05] | – You think? – Sure. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[07:08] | “Captain Flint will betray anyone to get what he wants. | “弗林特船长为达目的可以背叛任何人 |
[07:12] | Yesterday it was Mr. Gates, today it was me. | 昨天背叛的是盖茨先生 今天是我 |
[07:16] | Which one of you would like to be tomorrow?” | 明天又会是你们中的哪位呢” |
[07:21] | Captain? | 船长 |
[07:26] | They’re ready. | 他们准备好了 |
[07:39] | There’s only one item for consideration tonight. | 今晚要考虑的只有一件事 |
[07:44] | Captain Hornigold? | 霍尼戈德船长 |
[07:58] | A man asks for your trust, | 有人请求得到你的信任 |
[08:01] | he asks and offers you things in the future. | 他将来会给你东西以作交换 |
[08:05] | And the brighter those things may be, | 这些东西越是美好 |
[08:07] | the more you must ask yourself, | 你越应该扪心自问 |
[08:09] | “What is it they are intended to blind me to in the present?” | “他现在是想骗我去做什么” |
[08:17] | It’s no surprise that that man | 毫无疑问 这个人会想 |
[08:19] | wants to shift your attention to the future. | 把你的注意力引向将来 |
[08:23] | To the things he says he can give you. | 引向他能替你实现的事情 |
[08:25] | To the hardships he can remove. | 引向他能替你解决的问题 |
[08:29] | A most shining future it would have to be | 只有五光十色的未来 |
[08:32] | for him to blind you to the cowardly | 才能让你们忽略 |
[08:35] | and devious acts of his past– | 他过去怯懦又邪恶的行为 |
[08:37] | theft, betrayal, lies, murder! | 偷盗 背叛 谎言 谋杀 |
[08:43] | When we first elected to merge these crews… | 当我们第一次通过选举合并这些船员… |
[08:45] | Where the fuck have you been? | 你他妈去哪了 |
[08:46] | A launch landed on the beach a short while ago. | 一艘大艇刚刚在海滩登陆 |
[08:49] | The news it brings is of the upmost importance. | 大艇带来的消息事关重大 |
[08:51] | More important than losing our ship to Captain Hornigold? | 难道还能重要得过把船输给霍尼戈德船长 |
[08:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:55] | …Have been wrenched from us by men of the worst sort… | 已经被最丑恶的人扭曲了… |
[08:59] | They’re supposed to be watching over the gold until we arrive. | 他们应该看着金子 直到我们过去 |
[09:01] | What the fuck are they doing back? | 他们回来干什么 |
[09:03] | Because there’s no longer any gold to watch over. | 因为已经没有金子可以看守了 |
[09:06] | It’s gone. | 金子没有了 |
[09:08] | – It’s gone. – Did he say gone? | -没有了 -他刚是说没有了吗 |
[09:10] | Did someone say gone? | 有人说金子没有了 |
[09:12] | The gold is gone. You hear that? It’s gone! | 金子没有了 你听见了吗 没有了 |
[09:16] | – The gold is gone! – I don’t believe it. | -金子没有了 -我不信 |
[09:18] | Who could’ve taken it? | 会是谁拿走的 |
[09:35] | This is clean. | 这是干净的 |
[09:57] | It is as if it never happened. | 就像一切都没发生过 |
[10:00] | Anything tying you to yesterday’s events is gone. | 把你跟昨日之事联系起来的证据都被销毁了 |
[10:03] | There will be questions, of course, | 肯定会有人怀疑 |
[10:06] | but should any find their way to you, | 如果有人来问你 |
[10:08] | know that the other girls are discussing openly downstairs | 你要知道其他姑娘都在楼下议论 |
[10:11] | Charlotte and her lover’s decision to escape together to Providence. | 夏洛特和她的情人决定一起私奔去普罗维登斯 |
[10:16] | All you need to do is say the same. | 你只要也这么说就行了 |
[10:31] | These will not fit you, but they are clean. | 这些虽然不合你身 但都是干净的 |
[10:35] | When you are ready, | 等你准备好 |
[10:36] | I will be downstairs and we can discuss what comes next. | 就去楼下找我 我们商量下一步怎么办 |
[10:48] | I was married to a man once. | 我跟一个男人结过婚 |
[10:52] | Rotten fuck… | 那个禽兽 |
[10:56] | raised his hands at me, | 对我拳脚相加 |
[10:59] | burned me, | 烫我 |
[11:02] | shared me with his men. | 让他兄弟也操我 |
[11:04] | I didn’t know any different, | 我不知该如何是好 |
[11:07] | didn’t know I could do anything about it. | 不知道我能做什么 |
[11:11] | Even if I had, | 就算我知道 |
[11:13] | I wouldn’t have thought I had it in me. | 我也没那个胆子 |
[11:17] | One day, we were in a tavern. | 有一天 我们在一家酒馆里 |
[11:20] | He was hurting me. | 他在伤害我 |
[11:23] | And a man saw it. | 有个人看见了 |
[11:27] | And he walked over… | 他走过来 |
[11:30] | and he slit his throat. | 抹了他的脖子 |
[11:37] | That was Jack. | 那个人就是杰克 |
[11:41] | I was 13. | 当时我十三岁 |
[11:47] | I always thought he saved me from something. | 我一直觉得是他救了我 |
[11:51] | Always been so fucking grateful. | 一直对他感激不尽 |
[11:55] | Now I wonder… | 现在我想… |
[11:59] | maybe Jack took me from something | 可能杰克不该救我 |
[12:01] | I was supposed to figure my own way out of. | 我应该自己想办法逃脱 |
[12:06] | Maybe he took away the chance | 或许他夺走了我 |
[12:07] | to get strong enough to save myself. | 变得强大 拯救自己的机会 |
[12:13] | To grow up. | 我成长的机会 |
[12:18] | Instead, I went with him, | 可我跟他一起走了 |
[12:21] | did what he did, | 他做什么我做什么 |
[12:23] | did what the others did. | 别人做什么我做什么 |
[12:28] | Thought I’d become one of them. | 我以为自己能成为他们的一员 |
[12:37] | If I’m not what I was when I was born, | 如果从前的我并不是真实的自己 |
[12:41] | and I ain’t what I’ve become instead… | 现在的我也不是 |
[12:45] | what the fuck am I? | 那我到底是什么 |
[13:02] | She’s going to rest for now. | 她要休息了 |
[13:05] | I know this is the last thing you need to hear, | 我知道你最不想听到的就是这个 |
[13:09] | but me and the girls were talking. | 但我跟其他姑娘谈过了 |
[13:13] | We know what risks we face with the turns. | 我们知道在这里做事面临的危险 |
[13:16] | How to avoid them, protect against them. | 知道如何避免 如何保护自己 |
[13:21] | – What she did to Charlotte– – Don’t. | -她对夏洛特做的… -不要说了 |
[13:23] | That’s not something we know how to protect against. | 我们不知道怎样保护自己免得遭殃 |
[13:26] | Shouldn’t we be focusing on getting her out the door right now | 我们不该想办法把她赶出去吗 |
[13:28] | before it’s one of us next? | 以免出现下一个受害者 |
[13:31] | Please don’t be the voice of this. | 不要这么说 |
[13:34] | If you’re concerned that by removing her from this place | 如果你担心把她赶走 |
[13:36] | she could get violent with you, | 她会对你不利 |
[13:39] | there are men we can talk to | 我们可以去找人 |
[13:40] | about making sure she can’t hurt you. | 确保她无法伤害你 |
[13:42] | I don’t want to hear that again. | 这话我不想再听到 |
[13:44] | Not from you, not from the other girls, ever. | 不论是你还是其他姑娘 都不许再提 |
[13:49] | When no one in the world– | 这个世界上没有人 |
[13:52] | no one– no one– | 没有一个人 |
[13:55] | could care less about what those men were doing to me on the beach, | 在乎那些人在沙滩上怎么对我的时候 |
[13:59] | she did. | 她在乎 |
[14:01] | That means something to me. | 这份恩情我不能忘 |
[14:03] | So for as long as she desires, | 只要她想在这里 |
[14:05] | this place will be a safe place for her. | 这里就是她的安全之所 |
[14:09] | And those men you would talk to about solving this problem? | 你说可以解决这个问题的那些人 |
[14:12] | They value their relationship with me | 比起跟你 伊莎贝拉 |
[14:15] | far more than they do yours or Isabella’s | 或是其他任何姑娘的关系 |
[14:18] | or anyone on that floor. | 他们更重视跟我的关系 |
[14:21] | If I hear from those men | 要是我听他们说 |
[14:23] | that inquiries have been made about them, | 有人找过他们 |
[14:25] | I will not receive that news well. Is that clear? | 我可不会高兴 听明白了吗 |
[14:36] | Idelle… | 伊黛尔 |
[14:42] | please let the girls know I understand their concern. | 请你告诉大家我理解她们的担心 |
[14:47] | If any one of them wish to come to me, | 如果有人想找我 |
[14:50] | my door is open. | 尽管来 |
[14:53] | I will. | 好的 |
[14:59] | Two guardacosta men-of-war | 我们到达时 |
[15:01] | sitting right in the bay when we arrived. | 两艘海防战舰停在海湾里 |
[15:03] | We made our way down to the ridge and watched | 我们爬至岭上眼看着他们 |
[15:05] | while they ferried it all into their holds. | 把金子一趟趟运进船舱 |
[15:07] | Watched that gold disappear from that beach piece by piece, | 眼看着那些金子一点点从沙滩上消失 |
[15:11] | and watched them weigh anchor and set sail. | 又眼看着他们起锚扬长而去 |
[15:13] | When it was all clear, we walked the beach. | 等四下无人时 我们去滩上走了一趟 |
[15:16] | Not a fucking piece left behind. | 一丁点金子都他妈没了 |
[15:19] | Not a fucking piece. | 全他妈没了 |
[15:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:33] | What’s happening out there? | 那边什么情况 |
[15:35] | They’ve called council to debate how they wish to proceed. | 他们要求开会讨论下一步怎么办 |
[15:38] | That should be productive. | 想必成果颇丰 |
[15:39] | The good news for you is Hornigold’s support | 对你来说 好消息就是霍尼戈德的支持票 |
[15:42] | has disappeared completely. | 已经散得干干净净 |
[15:44] | There’s not a soul among them that has any appetite | 他们之中再无一人还有什么兴趣 |
[15:47] | for fighting over the fort tonight. | 今晚夺取那堡垒了 |
[15:48] | Without the gold, it all seems rather pointless. | 没了金子 夺取堡垒也没意义了 |
[15:51] | – And the bad news? – It’s chaos out there. | -坏消息呢 -众人乱作一团 |
[15:55] | Likely to be for some time. | 我看要乱一阵子了 |
[15:57] | There are as many proposals for what ought to be our next score | 至于我们下一步要怎么办 |
[16:01] | as there are men to voice them, | 只怕是一人一个说法 |
[16:03] | including ransoming that hostage girl of yours | 还有提议将你收质的那姑娘 |
[16:06] | for cash instead of favors. | 拿来换赎金而不是求助 |
[16:09] | If she’s ever delivered to us. | 前提是那姑娘会被送来 |
[16:12] | One way or the other, those men want to get paid. | 不管怎样 大家只想拿钱 |
[16:16] | And soon. | 越快越好 |
[16:18] | May we have the room, please? | 能让我们商讨一下吗 |
[16:28] | What a fucking mess. | 真他妈一团乱 |
[16:31] | We have to think very carefully | 接下来这几步怎么走 |
[16:34] | about how to navigate these next steps. | 我们必须谨慎筹划 |
[16:37] | The case for returning the girl to Charlestown | 将这女孩送回查尔斯敦 |
[16:39] | in exchange for reconciliation cannot come from me. | 以换取和解的提议不能由我来说 |
[16:43] | I’ve just had my authority challenged. | 我的权威刚刚受到挑战 |
[16:45] | Even on it’s merits, the argument would seem desperate | 就算往好处想 这想法也显得急于求和 |
[16:48] | and invite doubt and suspicion. | 只会引人疑虑 |
[16:51] | But if it came from you, we might just stand a chance– | 但若是你来开口 我们或许还有机会… |
[16:55] | Let me stop you right there. | 我得打断你一下 |
[16:57] | There is no “we”. | 哪里有什么”我们” |
[16:59] | We stopped being a thing of any relevance about an hour ago. | 大约一小时前你我就没什么关系了 |
[17:03] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[17:04] | I believe I’ve been clear about the nature of my investment here. | 我说得很清楚为什么要对此投入这么多 |
[17:08] | The gold was the inducement. | 吸引我的是金子 |
[17:10] | – Now no gold– – It’s an unfortunate development | -既然没有金子… -变成这样的确不幸 |
[17:13] | that we have to adapt, and quickly. | 但我们必须应变从速 |
[17:15] | Adapt? I’ve had about my fill of adapting lately. | 应变 我最近真是应变够了 |
[17:19] | Doing your bidding, keeping the crew in line for you. | 听你调遣 为你整训这帮船员 |
[17:21] | I wasn’t the only one to benefit from that. | 受益的并非只我一人 |
[17:22] | It certainly seemed that way. | 但看来就你一人得利了 |
[17:25] | Even now you’re the only one benefitting from it. | 即便金子没了 也就你能从中得益 |
[17:27] | What are you saying, that I’m benefitting | 你说金子没了我还能得益 |
[17:29] | from the gold having disappeared? | 是什么意思 |
[17:31] | It certainly solved a number of problems for you, didn’t it? | 显然你手上不少麻烦迎刃而解了 对吗 |
[17:35] | I have half a mind to wonder if you didn’t orchestrate | 我禁不住在想是不是你一手谋划了这一出 |
[17:37] | this whole thing to your advantage. | 以化解眼前急难 |
[17:40] | Listen to me. | 你给我听好了 |
[17:42] | I understand your disappointment at this recent news. | 我理解新来的消息让你很失望 |
[17:45] | I share it. | 我感同身受 |
[17:47] | But I need your help. | 但我需要你的帮助 |
[17:50] | – They need your help. – Oh, please. | -他们也需要你的帮助 -快得了吧 |
[17:52] | Don’t try to convince me to do it for the sake of their futures. | 别想拿他们的未来说服我 |
[17:55] | For the sake of your own. | 那就为你自己的未来 |
[17:58] | Those men listen to you. | 那些人听你的 |
[17:59] | They give a shit about what you have to say. | 他们多少还在乎你的意见 |
[18:01] | What you think, what you want them to think. | 在乎你怎么想 你想让他们怎么想 |
[18:04] | Where else in the world is that true? | 世上还有谁会这样 |
[18:07] | Where else would you wake up in the morning and matter? | 被众人看重的好日子你还想去哪里找 |
[18:11] | You walk out on this, and where the fuck are you going? | 这事你撒手不管 你他妈还能去哪 |
[18:22] | You’ll address the men? | 你会和大家说说吗 |
[18:27] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:28] | Many of them won’t want to hear it. | 很多人都不会想听 |
[18:30] | Don’t you want to discuss how you’ll approach them? | 你不想商量一下如何开口吗 |
[18:37] | I know what I’m doing. | 我自有办法 |
[18:58] | Some fuckin’ day, huh? | 操蛋的一天 是吧 |
[19:04] | I’m sure you idiots had half that money spent already. | 你们这帮蠢蛋肯定都把钱花得差不多了 |
[19:08] | What were you gone do with it? | 你本来打算做什么 |
[19:11] | Me? | 我吗 |
[19:13] | I was gone walk away from all you people and never look back. | 我本打算离开你们 另觅新路永不回头 |
[19:18] | I mean it. That money was license | 我说真的 那笔钱本是 |
[19:20] | for me to leave all of this and all of you behind. | 我离开这地方以及你们这群人的本钱 |
[19:26] | And any one of you who says | 任何一个声称 |
[19:28] | he didn’t at least consider doing the same | 自己没考虑过这事的人 |
[19:30] | is a lying sack of shit. | 都是睁眼说瞎话 |
[19:32] | Truth is, there’s only one kind of person | 事实上 只有一种人 |
[19:34] | who’d want to do what we do | 会放弃更简单的道路 |
[19:35] | if there was an easier way to survive. | 选择我们这样的生存方式 |
[19:38] | And because I don’t believe there is a rotten, | 因为我不相信你们之中 |
[19:40] | murdering fuck amongst you, | 有冷血的杀人犯 |
[19:43] | I don’t imagine I’m alone in having taken some comfort | 我想我不是唯一一个想寻求安定 |
[19:46] | in the idea of all of this coming to an end. | 结束这种刀尖舔血生活的人 |
[19:54] | But now… | 但现在 |
[19:56] | no gold. | 金子没了 |
[20:00] | We’re back to the same two choices we’ve known our entire lives… | 我们又只剩下以往的两个选择 |
[20:04] | toil for another man’s benefit | 苦哈哈地给别人打工 |
[20:08] | or steal for our own. | 或是强取豪夺 |
[20:14] | Unless… | 除非… |
[20:17] | Captain Flint just showed us a third way. | 选择弗林特船长刚给我们的第三条路 |
[20:24] | Reconciliation. | 和解 |
[20:29] | Pardons. | 赦免 |
[20:31] | And not because we need to apologize for what we’ve done. | 不是因为我们要为自己的所作所为道歉 |
[20:36] | Not because we got any desire to go back to where we came from. | 也不是因为我们想回去当初离开的地方 |
[20:41] | But because maybe… | 而是因为也许… |
[20:44] | with a little help… | 在他人的助力下… |
[20:47] | this place could be the reason we never have to do either again. | 这地方能让我们不必重归老路 |
[20:55] | The question then becomes | 接下来的问题是 |
[20:57] | what do we have to lose? | 我们得失去什么 |
[20:59] | Truly amazing. | 说得真漂亮 |
[21:03] | With that one and the captain aligned, | 再加上船长的支持 |
[21:05] | there would seem to be no limits to their ability | 看来他们操控船员情感的能力 |
[21:07] | to manipulate sentiment among the men. | 已经达到登峰造极的程度了 |
[21:13] | Perhaps the men are swayed by the strength of the argument. | 也许船员们是被诱人的提议所打动 |
[21:17] | A political alliance with | 与新世界 |
[21:18] | the most dogged pirate hunter in the New World? | 最顽固的海盗猎人结成政治联盟 |
[21:21] | Because once they were friends? | 因为他们曾经是朋友吗 |
[21:26] | I think it’s clear what needs to happen next, Billy. | 一切已成必然 比利 |
[21:34] | So easy for you to betray your oath? | 你就这么容易背弃你的誓言吗 |
[21:37] | I’m aware of my oath. | 我知道自己的誓言 |
[21:41] | Those men are my brothers, same as yours. | 这些人是我的兄弟 于你亦然 |
[21:46] | But because they would march blindly to their end, | 但他们要盲从船长走上绝路 |
[21:48] | does that mean we must as well? | 我们就非得也这么做吗 |
[21:51] | If you and I know we have the opportunity | 如果你和我知道我们有机会 |
[21:53] | to save eight of them from that fate, | 让八个人免受厄运 |
[21:56] | give eight of them a real future, | 给他们真正的未来 |
[21:58] | and we can actually deliver, | 这是我们真正能办到的事 |
[22:02] | doesn’t our oath compel us to do so? | 这难道不是誓言对我们的要求吗 |
[22:05] | Are those eight men not our brothers as well? | 那八个人就不是我们的兄弟了吗 |
[22:12] | Do you think you could find eight men | 你觉得你能找到 |
[22:14] | that would see things the same way? | 八个志同意和的人吗 |
[22:17] | I do. | 我能 |
[22:19] | Men who would be willing to betray the captain, | 会有人愿意背弃船长 |
[22:24] | assist us in subduing him, | 帮我们制服他 |
[22:26] | and deliver him to the Navy by force? | 把他强压到海军面前吗 |
[22:31] | I do. | 会的 |
[22:40] | Then find them. | 那就去找吧 |
[22:43] | We’ll meet at the bluffs in an hour, | 一小时后悬崖见 |
[22:45] | then we move. | 然后就行动 |
[23:51] | Sit. | 坐下吧 |
[24:07] | I have some business to attend to. | 我得去处理点事情 |
[24:10] | Eat. | 吃点东西 |
[24:11] | When I return, you and I will discuss the road ahead. | 我回来后 再跟你讨论出路的问题 |
[24:30] | It’s better on Wednesdays. | 周三是最好的 |
[24:43] | Alice gets the leavings from the tavern on Tuesdays, | 爱丽丝每周二都会收酒馆的残羹 |
[24:45] | so on Wednesdays, it is a bisque. | 所以周三这还是浓汤 |
[24:50] | Friday, it’s more of a stew. | 周五就成了乱炖 |
[24:54] | And Saturday– I’m not even sure Alice knows | 到了周六 连爱丽丝都不知道 |
[24:56] | what to call that for her Saturday’s. | 这东西算什么了 |
[24:59] | Don’t you know who I am? | 你不知道我是谁吗 |
[25:01] | No, why? You famous? | 不知道 怎么 你很有名吗 |
[25:05] | – No. – Me, either. | -不是 -我也不是 |
[25:08] | Though I am working on it. | 不过我在努力出名 |
[25:12] | Jacob Garret, carpenter’s mate with the Intrepid. | 雅各布·加勒特 无畏号的木工班长 |
[25:20] | So you don’t want to tell me your name? | 你不想说你的名字吗 |
[25:24] | All right, suit yourself. | 好吧 随你 |
[25:27] | Yeah, a couple of the guys and I are working on a plan | 我和几个兄弟在计划单干 |
[25:29] | to split off and start our own crew. | 自己组建新船队 |
[25:32] | Now, I only tell you this so when you start hearing | 我告诉你是因为 以后你听到 |
[25:34] | Captain Jacob Garret stories, | 雅各布·加勒特船长的故事时 |
[25:36] | you’ll be able to put a face to a name. | 能把我的脸跟名字对上号 |
[25:37] | Jesus Christ, Jacob. She don’t need your life story. | 天哪 雅各布 她可不想听你的人生故事 |
[25:42] | Take her upstairs, fuck her already. | 赶紧带她上楼操啊 |
[25:45] | We ain’t got all night. | 我们可没有整晚的时间 |
[25:49] | If it makes you feel any better, Captain Jacob Garret | 如果能让你好受些 雅各布·加勒特船长 |
[25:51] | would never have a man like that on his crew. | 绝不会让这种人待在他的船队里 |
[26:00] | Why me? | 为什么选我 |
[26:03] | Because you’re new. | 因为你是新来的 |
[26:05] | And you seem nice. | 看起来也挺不错 |
[26:09] | What do you think? | 你怎么说 |
[26:50] | So, aren’t you gonna tell me the rules? | 不跟我说说规矩吗 |
[26:55] | No? | 不说吗 |
[26:58] | You’re supposed to tell me what’s allowed. | 你该跟我说可以做些什么 |
[26:59] | I tell you what I want. | 而我跟你说我想做些什么 |
[27:01] | You tell me how much it costs. | 你再说个价钱 |
[27:04] | No? All right. Not a problem. | 不说吗 好吧 没事 |
[27:07] | Well, why don’t we– | 那我们就… |
[27:10] | look, all right, | 好吧 |
[27:12] | usually the girls would charge me five pieces… | 通常这里的姑娘们会收我五块钱… |
[27:17] | I’m thoroughly boring, | 我这人很无趣的 |
[27:18] | not into any of the weird or controversial stuff. | 没有奇奇怪怪的性癖好 |
[27:26] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[27:28] | Does that sound fair to you? | 你觉得可以吗 |
[27:56] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[27:59] | You can’t do this. I’m sorry, she’s new. | 你不能这样 抱歉 她是新来的 |
[28:02] | Left another man downstairs | 她还让楼下另一个男人 |
[28:03] | under the impression he was her guest for the night. | 也以为自己是她今晚的客人呢 |
[28:05] | Look, I wasn’t trying to make any trouble, all right? | 我没想找麻烦 好吗 |
[28:08] | This is her fault, not yours. | 这是她的错 不怪你 |
[28:11] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[28:13] | the management would like me to make it up to you. | 上头要我补偿你 |
[28:18] | On account of the confusion. | 抱歉给你造成了困扰 |
[29:55] | I’m sorry, ma’am, but may I ask, | 不好意思 女士 我能问一下 |
[29:58] | how did you arrive in this place? | 你是怎么会来这里的 |
[30:00] | My father brought me here when I was a child. | 小时候我父亲带我来的 |
[30:03] | Was he one of them? | 他也是海盗吗 |
[30:05] | No, he was most assuredly not one of them. | 不 他绝不是海盗 |
[30:08] | I remember when my father | 我记得当初我父亲说 |
[30:11] | told me he was leaving for Carolina. | 他要去卡罗来纳 |
[30:14] | He left me behind. | 他抛下了我 |
[30:17] | He said Charles Town was far too coarse and violent a place | 他说查尔斯顿太荒蛮无序 |
[30:20] | to bring a child into. | 没法带孩子去 |
[30:24] | But you seem a formidable woman, ma’am. | 但你看起来十分强大 女士 |
[30:27] | Perhaps it was exposure to the challenges of this place | 也许正是因为面对这里的种种挑战 |
[30:30] | that made you the person you are. | 你才会成为现在这样 |
[30:35] | I suppose that’s one way to look at it. | 要这么说也行吧 |
[31:26] | We staggered our departures from camp | 我们前后离开营地 |
[31:28] | so as not to arouse suspicion. | 以免引起怀疑 |
[31:30] | Did you secure the skiff? | 你弄到小艇了吗 |
[31:35] | Billy, someone’s coming. | 比利 有人来了 |
[31:49] | What is this? | 这是做什么 |
[31:53] | Have you ever been tortured? | 你受过折磨吗 |
[31:56] | What? | 什么 |
[31:58] | Suffered pain applied by men | 被人痛苦折磨 |
[32:00] | who saw you as less than a man? | 那些人根本就不把你当人看 |
[32:03] | Saw you as an animal? | 把你看作是畜生 |
[32:08] | ‘Cause it isn’t actually the pain they’re inflicting | 不是他们施加的痛苦 |
[32:10] | that’s the most frightening part of it. | 那不是最可怕之处 |
[32:11] | It isn’t the fear of future pain. | 不是对于将要受到的疼痛的恐惧 |
[32:15] | It’s the knowledge | 而是你知道 |
[32:18] | that even when the pain stops, | 即使疼痛消失 |
[32:20] | even if they were to let you go, | 即使他们会放你走 |
[32:23] | that they’ve changed you. | 但你已经被改变了 |
[32:28] | That pain, that fear, | 那种痛苦 那种恐惧 |
[32:31] | that despair… | 那种绝望… |
[32:35] | has made you someone else, | 把你变成了另外一个人 |
[32:38] | someone you barely recognize. | 变成一个你几乎不认识的人 |
[32:41] | Against your will. | 尽管你不愿如此 |
[32:46] | I said what I had to say to get out of that place, | 我当时那么说只是为了逃出那里 |
[32:51] | but I have no intention of honoring their offer. | 但我并不打算接受他们的条件 |
[32:58] | 10 pardons. | 十个赦免名额 |
[33:04] | I would fight to the death to ensure not a single one | 我拼死也要保证我所有的兄弟 |
[33:07] | of my brothers ever has to face what I faced. | 不再经历我所遭遇的 |
[33:12] | Now, if there’s a man on this crew that feels differently, | 现在 如果这支船队里有人不这么认为 |
[33:14] | that feels as though he’d be willing | 觉得自己宁愿 |
[33:16] | to accept another brother suffering that fate | 看着其他弟兄受苦 |
[33:18] | so that he might avoid it, | 好让自己逃过一劫 |
[33:22] | then that’s a man I need to remove from my crew. | 这样的人决不允许待在我的船队里 |
[33:27] | Right now, Mr. Dufresne here has identified you men | 如今 迪弗雷纳先生正指出了你们 |
[33:30] | as the most likely to represent such a problem. | 最有可能是那种人 |
[33:36] | Was he right? | 他说的对不对呢 |
[33:37] | Don’t appreciate being fucked with, Billy. | 你他妈的耍我们呢 比利 |
[33:40] | If you ain’t got the balls to stand up to Flint, maybe you– | 如果你没种站出来反抗弗林特 那或许你 |
[34:01] | There will be no more dissent against Captain Flint. | 别再让我听到任何质疑弗林特船长的言论 |
[34:06] | There will be no subversion of his plans. | 我不允许任何人破坏他的计划 |
[34:10] | There will be nothing but adherence | 你们都给我记好了 |
[34:12] | to the principal that we are none of us safe | 我们是拴在一条绳上的蚂蚱 |
[34:16] | until we are all safe. | 一荣俱荣 一损俱损 |
[34:22] | Does anyone have a problem with that? | 有人有异议吗 |
[34:30] | Then be on your way. | 没有的话就散了吧 |
[34:50] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[34:52] | Is there another way around? | 没有其他路可走吗 |
[34:54] | Not without going back through the courtyard. | 其他的路都得穿过院子 |
[34:56] | And if they haven’t checked your cell yet, | 就算他们还没查过你的牢房 |
[34:57] | they will soon. | 也很快就会来了 |
[34:58] | When they see that you’ve gone, | 要是发现你不见了 |
[34:59] | they’ll search every inch of this fort until they– | 他们会把堡垒翻个底朝天 直到他们 |
[35:15] | They’re coming. | 他们来了 |
[35:17] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[36:02] | Let me help. | 我来帮你 |
[36:12] | Now go. | 快过去 |
[36:15] | Here, take this. | 拿着这个 |
[36:59] | I saved your life. | 我救了你的命 |
[37:02] | I killed him for you. | 我为你杀了他 |
[37:07] | Low and his crew. | 洛和他的船员 |
[37:08] | I killed them all to protect you. | 为了保护你 我把他们都杀了 |
[37:11] | You didn’t do it for me. | 你才不是为了我 |
[37:15] | You will turn on absolutely anyone, won’t you? | 你可以背叛任何人 是吗 |
[37:20] | So what’s the plan? | 你打算怎么做 |
[37:22] | Leave me to answer for this among the men? | 留我一人独自跟手下解释这一切 |
[37:25] | Assume they’ll tear me to pieces | 看他们把我五马分尸 |
[37:27] | for granting access to the woman | 因为我给了一个女人特权 |
[37:30] | who stole the girl out from under us? | 而她却从我们这里偷走了这个女孩 |
[37:33] | My death sentence? | 你想看到我被处死 |
[37:36] | Listen to me clearly. | 给我听好了 |
[37:40] | Put down that key, walk back through that gate, | 放下钥匙 从那扇门走回来 |
[37:44] | return the girl, | 把女孩还回来 |
[37:46] | and I will sort this with the men. | 我会跟手下解释这一切 |
[37:49] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[37:52] | But lock that gate | 但如果你锁上这门 |
[37:54] | and there is no walking back through it, ever. | 就没有回头路可走了 永远没有 |
[38:00] | And I assure you, | 我可以向你保证 |
[38:03] | you will hear from me again. | 我不会放过你的 |
[38:49] | I know how you feel. | 我懂你的感受 |
[38:52] | Not that long ago, I was lost. | 不久之前 我也迷失过 |
[38:55] | Without friends. | 没有朋友 |
[38:57] | Without identity. | 没有身份 |
[38:59] | I thought there was no life for me that I understood | 我当时觉得人生仿佛失去了一切意义 |
[39:02] | and I felt as though that meant there was no life at all. | 或许我就不该继续活下去 |
[39:06] | But I was wrong. | 但是我错了 |
[39:08] | Especially in this place. | 尤其是在这里 |
[39:11] | There is always a life, | 你总会活出自己的人生 |
[39:13] | there is always a future, | 总能掌握自己的将来 |
[39:16] | as long as one is willing to build it for themselves. | 只要你愿意努力争取 |
[39:20] | Now, though, I am beginning to understand | 尽管如今我逐渐明白 |
[39:22] | there are limits to what one can build alone. | 一己之力十分有限 |
[39:26] | I can only scavenge leads | 我不能一直靠 |
[39:28] | generated by Eleanor for so long. | 埃莉诺提供的信息赚点蝇头小利 |
[39:31] | I have an appetite for something larger than that, | 我想要的远不止这些 |
[39:33] | and it requires expanding. | 而要达到目的就需要扩张 |
[39:38] | Proper spies. | 我需要间谍 |
[39:40] | Perhaps off the island as well. | 不止是在岛上的 |
[39:43] | For this, I need a partner with knowledge of the sea | 所以 我需要一个对这片海域了如指掌 |
[39:46] | and I need a partner I can trust. | 并且能够信任的搭档 |
[40:00] | No word? | 还没消息吗 |
[40:03] | No, no word. | 没有 |
[40:07] | If Eleanor says she’ll come down that hill with Abigail, | 如果埃莉诺说她会带阿比盖尔下山 |
[40:11] | she will. | 那么她一定会的 |
[40:13] | I understand that once the girl is delivered | 我明白一旦那个女孩被救出来 |
[40:15] | and Captain Flint’s set sail to return her to Charles Town | 弗林特船长就会送她到查尔斯顿 |
[40:18] | that you intend to join them for the voyage. | 而你也会加入他们的旅程 |
[40:22] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[40:24] | With all due respect, Mr. Guthrie, | 无意冒犯 格斯里先生 |
[40:27] | what concern is it of yours? | 这与你何关 |
[40:30] | Charles Town, ma’am, is not London. | 查尔斯顿和伦敦不一样 女士 |
[40:34] | It may appear to you to be a civilized place, | 也许那看上去是个文明的城镇 |
[40:36] | but rest assured, it only appears that way. | 但相信我 那里绝非如此 |
[40:40] | Governor Ashe and his militia are men of the most brutal kind | 艾什总督和他的民兵十分冷血残暴 |
[40:44] | when it comes to enforcement of the laws. | 尤其是在执行法律时 |
[41:12] | Hello, Abigail. | 你好 阿比盖尔 |
[41:17] | I’m Miranda Hamilton. Do you remember me? | 我是米兰达·汉密尔顿 你还记得我吗 |
[43:01] | I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing that bottle? | 不介意跟我分享一下手中的酒吧 |
[43:06] | If you don’t mind, I’d prefer to be alone. | 如果你不介意 我想一个人待会 |
[43:11] | Shame. | 可惜 |
[43:13] | Because there is something we really ought to discuss. | 我还想着有些事得好好跟你讨论一下呢 |
[43:18] | If this is about Charlotte and Mr. Logan, I assure you– | 如果是关于夏洛特和洛根先生 我向你保证 |
[43:20] | I heard on the beach they’re in Providence. | 我在海滩上听说他们在普罗维登斯岛 |
[43:25] | Why, did you hear something different? | 怎么 你听到了不同的消息 |
[43:29] | Then what is it you wish to discuss? | 你想讨论什么 |
[43:35] | Best we do this in private. | 我们最好私下里谈 |
[43:53] | Can I have a word? | 能谈谈吗 |
[43:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[44:04] | I’m waiting on a final tally, | 我在等最后的统计 |
[44:05] | but I believe we’ve lost | 但我相信这几小时里 |
[44:07] | around 18 defectors over the last few hours. | 我们已经有十八个背叛者了 |
[44:13] | Some due to loss of the gold, | 有些是因为金子的原因 |
[44:15] | some following Hornigold out the door out of loyalty to him. | 有些选择追随霍尼戈德因为对他的忠诚 |
[44:19] | Anyone we’ll miss? | 有什么重要的人吗 |
[44:21] | Mr. Dufresne. | 迪弗雷纳先生 |
[44:23] | Really? | 真的 |
[44:24] | He saw the crew’s overwhelming support for you, | 由于大部分船员对你的强烈支持 |
[44:27] | felt his resentment towards you had become an impediment | 他觉得自己对你的憎恶已经使他无法 |
[44:29] | in his existing amongst them. | 在他们之中继续生存下去了 |
[44:31] | So we are without a quartermaster. | 所以现在我们没有舵手了 |
[44:35] | For the moment. We should take care to steer the men | 目前来看 我们该尝试 |
[44:38] | towards a replacement from Hornigold’s men. | 从霍尼戈德的手下里寻找替代的人选 |
[44:41] | Someone to fold the two crews together | 一个能将两组船员团结在一起 |
[44:42] | but not someone who’s gone offer you any personal resistance. | 但又不会抵触你的人 |
[44:45] | I was thinking Mr. Scott might be an ideal candidate. | 我想斯科特先生也许是个合适的人选 |
[44:48] | Billy, I don’t mean to be blunt, but what the fuck are you doing? | 比利 我就直说了 你他妈的这是干什么 |
[44:52] | Why am I supporting your captaincy? | 我为什么要支持你做船长 |
[44:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:58] | When I went into the water that night | 那晚抢完安德洛玛刻号之后 |
[45:01] | after Andromache, | 我掉进了海里 |
[45:04] | I remember losing my footing on the bowsprit. | 我还记得自己不慎在船首柙桅上失足 |
[45:08] | I remember as I was falling, | 我还记得自己跌落时 |
[45:10] | reaching out, grasping your hand. | 我伸出手 紧紧抓住了你的 |
[45:14] | And the last thing I remember before I went into the water | 在我落水前的最后一个印象 |
[45:17] | was feeling it slip away. | 就是你的手正逐渐松开 |
[45:20] | Now, I told the men you tried to save me. | 我跟大家说的是 你曾试图救我 |
[45:24] | But the truth is | 但事实上 |
[45:27] | it’s just as likely you let go | 也可能是你故意放手 |
[45:30] | and dropped me into the sea. | 任由我掉入海中 |
[45:34] | Which do you think it was? | 你认为哪个才是真相 |
[45:37] | Doesn’t much matter, as far as I can tell. | 在我看来 这已经不重要了 |
[45:40] | I’ll likely never know for certain. | 我可能永远都不会得到答案 |
[45:42] | It’s possible you’ll never even know for certain. | 你可能也永远不会有答案 |
[45:45] | And right now, I’m more focused | 现在 比起过去 |
[45:47] | on what comes next than what’s passed. | 我更关心的是未来会发生什么 |
[45:51] | I believe you were right. | 我相信你是对的 |
[45:54] | I believe that for what comes next, | 我相信接下来发生的一切 |
[45:56] | the men of this crew will need your leadership. | 船员们会需要你的领导能力 |
[46:00] | So I will do what needs to be done | 因此我会不惜一切代价 |
[46:01] | to preserve it and protect it. | 维持和保护你的地位 |
[46:05] | Mr. Gates turned his back on you. | 盖茨先生对你毫无提防 |
[46:07] | Don’t think for a second I’ll make the same mistake he did. | 我绝对不会犯跟他一样的错误 |
[46:12] | – Captain? – Yes? | -船长 -什么事 |
[46:15] | Word from the tavern. Miss Guthrie’s asked for you. | 酒馆让我带个信儿 格斯里小姐找你 |
[46:59] | Why don’t you introduce yourself? | 你自我介绍一下吧 |
[47:21] | Don’t be frightened. | 不要害怕 |
[47:26] | I’m a friend of your family’s. | 我是你家族的朋友 |
[47:30] | And I’m a friend of yours. | 也是你的朋友 |
[47:37] | You’re Captain Flint? | 你是弗林特船长吗 |
[47:40] | My name is James. | 我叫詹姆斯 |
[47:45] | James McGraw. | 詹姆斯·麦格劳 |
[48:00] | Where are you headed? | 你要去哪里 |
[48:03] | That’s a very good question. | 这是个好问题 |
[48:07] | I’m far too recognizable for the English colonies. | 我在英格兰殖民地臭名远播 |
[48:11] | I’d spend the rest of my days looking over my shoulder. | 接下来的余生我必须小心翼翼地过日子 |
[48:14] | It’s shameful… | 真是可耻 |
[48:16] | for a man who’s defended this place for so long. | 对于一个向你这样誓死捍卫此地的人 |
[48:19] | Cast aside by it. | 他们却对你弃之若履 |
[48:20] | Perhaps it has cast me aside. | 也许是他们对我弃之若履 |
[48:23] | Or perhaps it’s just taken me this long | 又或许是我太晚意识到 |
[48:26] | to realize this place has been dying for a long time. | 这个地方早已死寂一片 |
[48:30] | I may be an old man, but I see no reason | 虽然我已垂垂老矣 但我没理由 |
[48:33] | to allow it to drag me into my grave. | 跟着这个地方一起走进坟墓 |
[48:36] | What if you didn’t have to go anywhere? | 如果你不需要离开呢 |
[48:39] | Oh, England will have her island back, son. | 孩子 英格兰会夺回她的岛屿的 |
[48:41] | The day that happens, it’ll be a bad day to be a pirate here. | 到了那天 这里的海盗就要倒霉了 |
[48:45] | Unless we had something to offer them | 除非我们能提供给他们 |
[48:47] | that might change their thinking about us. | 使他们改变对我们看法的东西 |
[48:50] | You think there’s something valuable enough | 你认为有足够宝贵的东西 |
[48:52] | to make the British Navy forget that you and I are pirates? | 足以使英国海军不追究你我是海盗这个事实吗 |
[48:57] | And what do you think would have that kind of value to them? | 你认为什么东西能如此有价值 |
[49:00] | Not what. | 不是东西 |
[49:02] | Who. | 是谁 |
[49:09] | How soon before you can sail? | 你最快什么时候能启程 |
[49:12] | First light. No need to delay. | 天亮就走 没必要拖延 |
[49:16] | My father has left for the interior to lay the groundwork | 我父亲去内陆为跟昂德希尔先生的 |
[49:19] | with Mr. Underhill for the partnership. | 合作奠定基础 |
[49:22] | With any luck, by the time you return, | 运气好的话 在你们归来之时 |
[49:24] | you and Governor Ashe will be greeted by a group of handsome men, | 你跟艾什总督将会被一群英俊的男士 |
[49:27] | pretty wives, and rosy-cheeked children. | 漂亮的妻子和圆润的孩子迎接 |
[49:31] | Lawful citizens of New Providence Island, | 新普罗维登斯岛的合法公民 |
[49:34] | who, after decades of struggle, have finally have found a way | 经过数十年的努力 终于能将他们的甘蔗 |
[49:37] | to sell their sugarcane to honest markets. | 卖给合法的市场 |
[49:41] | You know, if you and I aren’t careful, | 知道吗 说不定一个不小心 |
[49:45] | we might actually see this thing through. | 这事也许真能成 |
[49:52] | I took her. | 我把她带走了 |
[49:54] | Without his consent. | 没经过他的同意 |
[49:58] | You know that, don’t you? | 你知道的 不是吗 |
[50:00] | I had the thought. | 我猜到了 |
[50:04] | His men warned him not to trust me. | 他的手下警告过他不要相信我 |
[50:07] | They told him that I would betray them all. | 他们告诉他我会背叛他们 |
[50:14] | Do you think there’s any chance he’ll survive this? | 你认为他能逃过这一劫吗 |
[50:24] | The things I have destroyed to reach this moment… | 为了实现这一刻 |
[50:28] | everything and anything that stood in it’s way. | 我毁掉了妨碍我的一切事物 |
[50:32] | And for all that effort, for all that sacrifice, | 我付出的所有努力 我做出的所有牺牲 |
[50:36] | it is now entirely reliant upon you. | 现在全部交付给你了 |
[50:41] | Trust is a funny thing. | 信任是个有趣的东西 |
[50:43] | When I pledged my support to Captain Flint, | 当我选择支持弗林特船长时 |
[50:46] | I believed the trust between us to be of the strongest kind. | 我相信我们之间有最强烈的信任 |
[50:49] | We both desperately wanted the same thing. | 我们都迫切想得到一样的东西 |
[50:52] | And that makes for good partners. | 这使我们成为了一对好搭档 |
[50:55] | But over the past few days, it’s become clear to me | 但是最近几天 我开始认识到 |
[50:57] | that the prize we both wanted | 我们两个所求的财宝 |
[50:58] | is becoming less a prize to him and more an obstacle. | 对他而言不再是财宝 而成为了障碍 |
[51:04] | You know what I’m talking about, don’t you? | 你知道我指什么吧 |
[51:06] | The Urca gold. | 厄卡号上的金币 |
[51:08] | I have feared for days that Flint | 近日来我一直担忧 |
[51:10] | might not want that gold to ever be found, | 弗林特或许根本不想夺取金币 |
[51:13] | that it would interfere | 因为那与他的计划冲突 |
[51:14] | with plans he held more important than gold, | 比金币更重要的计划 |
[51:17] | more important than wealth. | 比财富更重要的计划 |
[51:19] | And I have felt the ground rushing towards us ever since. | 自那时起我感觉我们的冲突越来越严重 |
[51:23] | And my greatest fear has been that in the moment | 我最大的恐惧来自于 |
[51:26] | he decided to end the hunt for the Urca gold, | 他决定不再夺取厄卡号上的金币那一刻 |
[51:29] | the moment he decided it | 他决定为了自己的利益 |
[51:30] | was in his interest to betray my trust… | 背叛我们那一刻 |
[51:34] | that he would find a way to do so | 他会不惜一切代价 |
[51:37] | by deception, by force, | 不管用欺骗 武力 |
[51:39] | by who the fuck knows how. | 还是用什么操蛋的龌蹉手段 |
[51:41] | But what I do know is | 但是我确定的是 |
[51:42] | that he would ask my help to make it happen. | 他会寻求我的帮助来达到目标 |
[51:46] | And by that point, the gold would be as good as gone. | 那时 金币早已不知所踪了 |
[51:50] | Any resistance I offered would be futile | 我所做的任何反抗都将毫无用处 |
[51:54] | and I would be just another tool | 我只是他的另一个 |
[51:55] | that he’d used and then promptly discarded. | 用之即弃的棋子而已 |
[51:59] | Why are you telling me this? | 为什么告诉我这些 |
[52:11] | A few hours ago, a launch arrived. | 几小时前 有艘船回来了 |
[52:16] | Two of our men who were scouting the Urca gold | 两个监视厄卡号上金币的人 |
[52:19] | were returning to the island against their instructions. | 违反当时的指令 回到了岛上 |
[52:22] | You see, they had been told very clearly by Captain Flint | 要知道弗林特船长十分明确地命令他们 |
[52:25] | to remain with the Urca until we arrived | 看好厄卡号 直到我们回去 |
[52:28] | to help us repare our assault on the Spanish beach. | 以帮助我们准备袭击那片西班牙海滩 |
[52:32] | So the moment I saw them approaching, | 第一眼看到他们回来的时候 |
[52:35] | my first thought was that | 我首先想到的是 |
[52:36] | the only reason they’d be returning early | 他们提前返回的唯一原因 |
[52:38] | was if the gold was no longer there. | 只能是金币已被运走 |
[52:42] | And I thought, “My God… | 然后我想 “老天 |
[52:45] | did Flint do this? | 是弗林特干的吗 |
[52:49] | Through some kind of luck or guile or fucking sorcery, | 他是走了大运 还是施了什么诡计魔法 |
[52:53] | did he reach across an ocean | 能让他跨过大洋 |
[52:54] | and make $5 million in gold vanish?” | 使价值五百万的金币不翼而飞” |
[53:00] | And sure enough, just a few minutes later, | 果不其然 几分钟后 |
[53:02] | those scouts were standing in front of Captain Flint | 两个侦察员站在弗林特船长的面前 |
[53:04] | reporting to him the gold was gone, | 向他报告金币已经不在 |
[53:07] | on its way back to Spain. | 正在被运回西班牙 |
[53:10] | They told Flint the gold was gone. | 他们告诉弗林特金币不在了 |
[53:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[53:16] | What did they tell you? | 他们告诉了你什么 |
[53:20] | The two scouts reported to me | 这两个侦察员告诉我 |
[53:22] | what they had observed on the beach, | 他们在海滩上所侦察到的情况 |
[53:25] | what had driven them to leave their post ahead of schedule | 是什么使他们擅离职守 |
[53:28] | and return to Nassau with the utmost haste. | 以最快的速度提前返回拿骚 |
[53:42] | That a tropical disease had befallen the Spanish camp. | 原因是一场热带病降临了西班牙的营地 |
[53:46] | Dozens dead or dying. | 数十人或病死或奄奄一息 |
[53:48] | Many more suffering, weakened. | 更多的人受病折磨 虚弱无力 |
[53:53] | Only a handful of men defending it, | 只有一小部分人在保护厄卡号 |
[53:54] | most barely even able to stand. | 大多数人几乎无法站立 |
[54:02] | The Urca gold is on that beach | 厄卡号上的金币仍在海滩 |
[54:05] | exactly where we left it. | 丝毫未动 |
[54:09] | And owing to a most fortuitous act of God, | 因为上帝偶然的安排 |
[54:12] | it is almost entirely undefended. | 那里变得不堪一击 |
[54:18] | So I offered those two scouts a deal | 所以我给那两个侦察员提出了 |
[54:20] | they simply could not reject. | 一个无比诱人的提议 |
[54:22] | Help me tell a very simple lie, | 帮我撒个简单的谎 |
[54:25] | I will employ a smaller crew to retrieve the gold, | 我会召集一个小队夺取金币 |
[54:29] | and our three shares | 而我们三人分成 |
[54:31] | increase five-fold. | 提高五倍 |
[54:36] | So, do you know of a crew | 那么 你知不知道哪个船队 |
[54:39] | who might be willing to aid in this endeavor? | 愿意协助我们实现大业 |
[55:09] | Go have a look. | 看看什么情况 |