时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:51] | Two more. | 再来两个 |
[01:52] | What do you say, Charlie? Give me a hand, huh? | 别看了 查理 来帮把手 |
[01:59] | All right, roll it down. You got it? | 把它滚下来 能行吗 |
[02:02] | Whoa, easy now. | 小心点 |
[02:06] | I got it, I got it. | 接住了 接住了 |
[02:10] | Roll it down. | 滚下来 |
[02:12] | All right. Keep it going. | 好样的 继续 |
[02:57] | As far as I’m concerned, they can take | 要我说 他们肯定要在圣帕特里克节那天 |
[02:58] | St. Patrick’s day and sell it for scrap. | 把那些酒廉价卖掉 |
[03:01] | Dad says it’s ’cause you hate being Irish. | 老爸说你怨恨自己是爱尔兰人 |
[03:03] | I love being Irish. | 我不是怨恨 |
[03:05] | What I hate is the yearly display of crying, arguing | 只是不想每年今天 |
[03:07] | and public drunkenness that goes with it. | 都去又哭又闹喝的东倒西歪 |
[03:09] | Centuries of loss. We’re a sorrowful people. | 百年旧俗 历史沉重的民族 |
[03:12] | Maybe it’ll snow. | 以后也许就不是了 |
[03:18] | Good morning, Mr. Thompson. | 早安 汤普森先生 |
[03:19] | Good morning to you. | 早安 |
[03:22] | Would you care to order some breakfast? | 您需要早餐吗 |
[03:24] | No, Martin. Thank you. | 不用了 马丁 谢谢 |
[03:29] | Who am I, the forgotten man? | 我呢 当我不存在吗 |
[03:34] | I beg your pardon, sir. | 十分抱歉 先生 |
[03:35] | – Would you like something? – No. | -您想吃点什么 -不用了 |
[03:42] | How come they ask you about breakfast | 凭什么他们向你恭敬问安 |
[03:43] | and I gotta raise a stink? | 对我就一副臭脸 |
[03:44] | I live here. It’s a courtesy. | 我住这 这是起码的礼貌 |
[03:45] | – You gotta live here to get served? – I’m a big tipper, Eli. | -住这才能被招待吗 -我可是贵宾 伊莱 |
[03:48] | – Okay? – you act like it doesn’t mean anything. | -懂吗 -说的真轻松 |
[03:51] | Because it doesn’t. | 因为这是事实 |
[03:55] | The Celtic Dinner, we’re moving it up to 7:00. | 凯尔特晚宴提前到七点了 |
[03:59] | – Why so early? – The Civil War vets. | -这么早干什么 -几个内战老兵 |
[04:02] | One of them snored over the Attorney General’s speech last year. | 其中一个在去年司法部长的演讲上居然睡着了 |
[04:05] | You don’t gotta be old for that to happen. | 你不见得会比司法部长那老头子有趣多少 |
[04:06] | You think you can do better? | 你觉得你就比他强吗 |
[04:08] | Actually, I was thinking about saying a few words. | 实际上 我还想在晚宴上说几句 |
[04:10] | – What for? – Some electioneering. | -干什么 -拉拉票 |
[04:13] | Those reformers are looking to replace me. | 那些改革家们想夺我的权 |
[04:14] | I don’t think a speech is a good idea. | 我觉得演说没什么用 |
[04:16] | It’s a captive audience of the biggest pooh-bahs in the county. | 郡里那些有头有脸的人物都来了 |
[04:18] | Who are there to celebrate their heritage, | 他们是来庆祝传统节日 |
[04:20] | not be bored by your palavering. | 不是听你满嘴废话的 |
[04:21] | I’ve been practicing, taking lessons at the Y.M.C.A. | 我一直在练习 还在青年会里上过课 |
[04:30] | It’s an important night, Eli. | 今晚很重要 伊莱 |
[04:32] | Bad enough I have dad to look after. | 重要到要请老爸来压阵 |
[04:34] | I don’t need you upsetting the apple cart too. | 我不想被你搅黄了 |
[04:36] | I want to say my piece. | 我只是想一吐为快 |
[04:39] | Fine. | 那就吐吧 |
[04:40] | Daniel Fucking Webster. | 真拿自己当丹尼尔·韦伯斯特[美内战时政治演说家] |
[04:49] | The Widow Schroeder. | 寡妇施罗德来了 |
[04:53] | The Widow Schroeder. | 寡妇施罗德 |
[04:55] | Mr. Thompson, good morning. | 早安 汤普森先生 |
[04:58] | I was just on my way to your office. | 我正准备去办公室找你 |
[05:01] | Some soda bread. | 送您的苏打面包 |
[05:02] | I thought you might enjoy it. | 我觉得您会喜欢 |
[05:05] | It’s from an old family recipe. | 它是用一种传统秘方做的 |
[05:06] | You can leave it with the bellhop. | 你可以放在交给宾馆侍者 |
[05:08] | He’ll see that I get it. | 他会替我收好的 |
[05:11] | I’m sure for your birthday you received many fine gifts– | 我知道您生日会收到了很多贵重礼品 |
[05:14] | I’m late for a meeting, Mrs. Schroeder. | 我开会要迟到了 施罗德夫人 |
[05:15] | But thank you. | 但谢谢你的礼物 |
[05:22] | Not a bad-looking woman. | 姿色不错啊 |
[05:24] | My life’s complicated enough. | 我的生活已经够乱了 |
[05:39] | Jesus, did they even wash these things from last year? | 天呐 这些东西是不是从去年之后就没洗过 |
[05:42] | I was baby new year in ’17. | 1917年那会我还在襁褓 |
[05:45] | Even the diaper was secondhand. | 用的尿布都是别人用过的 |
[05:46] | – There’s blood on this. – Captain Haddock’s. | -上面还有血 -哈多克队长的 |
[05:49] | Some wiseacre tossed him off the Boardwalk. | 几个傻蛋在木板路把他海扁一顿 |
[05:51] | He landed face first on an ashcan. | 他脸撞到了垃圾箱 |
[05:54] | Fuck this. | 去他妈的 |
[05:56] | No more Leprechauns, no more Cupids, | 什么矮精灵 什么丘比特 |
[05:58] | no more goddamn Elf Costumes. | 统统见鬼去吧 |
[06:01] | Kiley, Green, you’re up. | 凯利 格林 到你们了 |
[06:06] | – What’s with you? – I’m done, Carl. | -你怎么了 -我不干了 卡尔 |
[06:08] | We all are. No more midget shit. | 我们都不干了 不演侏儒了 |
[06:11] | Midget shit’s what they’re paying us for. | 演侏儒才有钱赚 |
[06:13] | Not boxing. That’s a show at least. | 不如打拳 至少是人干的 |
[06:15] | We’re talking about this nonsense. | 我们不穿这些破烂 |
[06:17] | This fucking Celtic Dinner, it’s degrading. | 这个凯尔特晚宴已经够恶心人了 |
[06:20] | Yeah, not to mention having those drunk assholes | 更别提那些醉鬼脏兮兮的手 |
[06:22] | put their filthy mitts all over you. | 在你身上过来过去 |
[06:24] | What am I supposed to tell Nucky? | 我怎么跟努基交代 |
[06:26] | – He’s depending on us. – Yeah? | -他就指望我们了 -是吗 |
[06:27] | Let him wear a leprechaun getup. | 让他自己上去扮矮妖精吧 |
[06:31] | – Fuck him – Yeah. | -去他妈的 -就是 |
[06:36] | What if I can get us a raise? | 要是能涨工资呢 |
[06:41] | – How much? – Double. | -涨多少 -加倍 |
[06:44] | I’ll tell him we want 10 bucks a man. | 我去找他说加到一人十块 |
[06:48] | I might do it for 10. | 十块我就干 |
[06:51] | 10 clams for a few hours’ work? | 几小时就能拿十块钱 |
[06:55] | Where’s me fuckin’ shillelagh? | 该死的橡木棒哪去了 |
[07:05] | Making a mess of this. | 被我弄得乱七八糟 |
[07:09] | That’s okay. I like the smell. | 没关系 我喜欢这个味 |
[07:12] | Oranges in the winter, huh? | 寒冬蜜橘 |
[07:15] | – From California. – Long trip. | -加州产的 -好远 |
[07:19] | A couple nights in a sleeper car | 坐几天几夜的车 |
[07:21] | and then you’re there, | 然后你就到了 |
[07:24] | wading up to your waist in the ocean. | 在齐腰海水中恣意玩耍 |
[07:30] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[07:34] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[07:37] | Someone shut a door. | 有人摔门 |
[07:40] | I’m not gonna let anyone hurt you, Pearl. | 我不会让人伤害你的 珍珠 |
[07:45] | – Doc says you’re doing good. – Does he? | -医生说你康复的不错 -真的吗 |
[07:50] | But you gotta leave it along. | 但你不能碰伤口 |
[07:51] | – It itches! – That’s good. It means it’s healing. | -痒嘛 -好事 说明开始愈合了 |
[07:55] | Did your leg itch in the hospital? | 在医院那会你的腿也痒吗 |
[07:57] | – For a while. – But not anymore? | -痒了一会 -现在呢 |
[08:02] | No. Now it’s hitting all six. | 不痒了 完全好了 |
[08:07] | You’re so handsome in your new suit. | 你穿这身新衣服可真帅 |
[08:13] | Everything’s gonna turn out fine. | 事情会变好的 |
[08:16] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[08:17] | How about that? As fresh as it gets. | 来尝尝 新鲜如初 |
[08:22] | Any more laudanum? | 还有鸦片酒吗 |
[08:27] | – What happened here? – Poof. | -这一瓶呢 -喝完了 |
[08:40] | – Don’t be stingy. – It’s opium, not a milkshake. | -别这么小气 -这是鸦片 可不是奶昔 |
[08:58] | It’s like the sun just came out. | 感觉就像在沐浴晨光 |
[09:14] | Come on, George, it’s the busiest day of the year. | 拜托了乔治 这可是一年中最忙的一天 |
[09:16] | Eh, St. Paddy’s or no, | 过节到底卖不卖酒 |
[09:17] | with prohibition we’re in uncharted territory. | 禁酒令一出 我们的大船就好像失去航向 |
[09:20] | So it’s dead reckoning then. | 那就用估量法吧 |
[09:23] | To the Irish. | 敬爱尔兰人 |
[09:24] | They drink when they’re happy. | 高兴了喝 |
[09:26] | They drink when they’re sad. | 不高兴更要喝 |
[09:28] | I drink to forget, but I can’t remember what. | 我只是借酒消愁 越消越愁 |
[09:30] | Well, it ain’t just the micks. | 可不光爱尔兰佬啊 |
[09:32] | My entire ward– the speaks are packing ’em in every night. | 我的辖区里 每天都在进货出货 |
[09:35] | – Everybody wants what they ain’t allowed to have. – psychology. | -真是越禁越畅销 -人之常情 |
[09:39] | Whatever it is, they can’t keep the booze on the shelves. | 禁来禁去 只要不公开卖酒就没什么事 |
[09:41] | Hidden under the shelves, you mean. | 那就不公开卖咯 |
[09:42] | – I’m gonna need to up my order. – you hearing this, captain? | -我要更多的货 -听到没 老大 |
[09:44] | – I”m gonna need an extra boat. – Deal me in. | -我要再来艘船 -算上我 |
[09:46] | When do you shove off? | 什么时候起锚 |
[09:48] | The stroke of midnight on the sea of green. | 绿潮来袭前夜 |
[09:51] | That from money or beer? | 钱海还是酒海 |
[09:52] | – How we fixed on that anyway? – Green beer? | -到底要怎么做出来 -生啤吗 |
[09:54] | Food coloring came today. | 食用色素今天运到了 |
[09:56] | They’re dyeing it as we speak. | 我们说话这会已经开始上色了 |
[09:58] | Make sure that dinner’s supplied. | 首先确保宴会供应 |
[09:59] | Gonna need those poor Celts well lubricated | 先把这帮凯尔特倒霉蛋灌醉 |
[10:01] | So they can get through Eli’s re-election speech. | 他们就熬得过伊莱的竞选演说了 |
[10:04] | – What speech? – Didn’t you hear? | -什么演说 -没听清吗 |
[10:06] | He’s Daniel Webster now. | 他要扮一把丹尼尔·韦伯斯特 |
[10:07] | – Yeah, you made that joke already. – It’s true. | -这玩笑你已经说过了 -没错 |
[10:09] | He’s taking Dale Carnegie lessons. | 他还专门去上了戴尔·卡耐基的课 |
[10:11] | – To the great orator. – Go on, give us a sample. | -敬伟大演说家 -来嘛 给大家示范一个 |
[10:14] | Fuck you. There’s your sample. – | 去你妈的 这就是示范 |
[10:16] | Ah, the Irish, they’re a surly lUcky. | 能听你演讲 这帮爱尔兰佬真幸福 |
[10:19] | – Well, give him a drink. – Some green beer. | -先喝酒壮壮胆 -来点生啤 |
[10:21] | Yeah well, in a couple of days | 再过两天 |
[10:23] | the town’s gonna be swimming in it. | 生啤就将走进千家万户 |
[10:25] | They can drown for all I care, so long as they pay. | 只要肯付钱 爱喝多少喝多少 |
[10:28] | And pay they will, Nucky, | 会掏钱的 努基 |
[10:30] | Through their pug Irish noses. | 从他们特有的爱尔兰大鼻子里拿钱 |
[10:32] | Oh, nucky boy, the cash is coming | 神奇的努基 财源滚滚进 |
[10:38] | right from their hands into your bank account. | 从他们的荷包汇聚到你的账户里 |
[10:45] | None of us was so naive as to believe | 没人会天真的以为 |
[10:47] | that prohibition would end all drinking. | 一纸禁令即能改风易俗 |
[10:51] | Mrs. Schroeder, how nice to see you again. | 施罗德夫人 很高兴再次见到你 |
[10:54] | I was beginning to think you were ill. | 我还以为你病了 |
[10:57] | No. Thank you for your concern. I’ve been working. | 没有 多谢关心 我一直忙于工作 |
[11:01] | – Who’s looking after your children? – A neighbor woman. | -那谁照看你孩子 -邻里妇人 |
[11:06] | I’ve asked Bettyanne Mulhaney to share with us | 有请贝蒂安·莫诃妮与我们分享 |
[11:10] | an incident related to her by a relative. | 她亲友身边的悲剧 |
[11:12] | Mrs. Mulhaney? | 莫诃妮夫人请讲 |
[11:15] | I received a letter | 我从内布拉斯加的表姐那里 |
[11:17] | from my cousin martha in Nebraska. | 收到一封信 |
[11:21] | One of her neighbors, the widow of a dairy farmer, | 她的邻居 一位奶农遗孀 |
[11:23] | had fallen on hard times. | 所遭遇的不幸 |
[11:31] | “With six children to feed, | “抚育着六个嗷嗷待哺的孩童 |
[11:33] | temptation got the better of her, | 她为诱惑所掳 |
[11:35] | so she decided to mix up some gin in her bathtub | 决定在浴缸中密制杜松子酒 |
[11:38] | using a formula she’d gotten from a farmhand, | 这酒是按一名农夫的配方酿造的 |
[11:41] | the idea being they’d sell it in town for a profit. | 她寄希望于他们把酒卖到镇上以求暴利 |
[11:44] | The devil’s elixir. | 这是魔鬼的灵丹妙药 |
[11:49] | “She mixed some water with juniper berries | “她将杜松子与工业酒精 |
[11:52] | and denatured alcohol, | 和水混合在一起 |
[11:53] | let the mixture set while she went off to fix supper. | 她利用准备晚餐的时间准备好了这一切 |
[11:57] | As she did, her little one got into the alcohol, | 之后 她的一个妹妹坠入浴缸 |
[12:00] | poisoned herself dead. | 酒精中毒而亡 |
[12:03] | Right here it’s the same thing– | 相同一幕再次上演 |
[12:04] | Illegal stills everywhere. | 非法贩酒在各处十分猖狂 |
[12:05] | I passed by Ettinger’s. | 我路经艾丁格的店 |
[12:07] | All those men at the counter drinking from coffee cups. | 吧台边所有人都拿着咖啡杯 |
[12:10] | Well, you know as well as I it’s not coffee at all. | 但我们心知肚明 里面装的根本不是咖啡 |
[12:12] | Ettinger’s isn’t the only place. | 艾丁格的店并非个例 |
[12:14] | There’s Abe Klein’s too. | 亚伯·克莱因的店也如此 |
[12:15] | It’s clear the local authorities | 很明显 当地政府 |
[12:17] | lack the ability or the inclination to enforce the law. | 缺乏贯彻禁酒令的决心和能力 |
[12:21] | And with our numbers dwindling, | 随着我们人数的减少 |
[12:24] | we have to work even harder to capture their attention. | 我们要更努力地引起他们的注意 |
[12:28] | I heard Doc Holland is writing | 我听闻霍兰德医生正在写 |
[12:29] | prescriptions for whiskey. | 威士忌的处方 |
[12:30] | You don’t even have to be ill. | 你甚至没有病也能拿到处方 |
[12:32] | It’s a disgrace is what it is. | 这真人让人感到羞耻 |
[12:33] | Ladis, please, with all this clatter | 女士们 请安静 仅仅争论于事无补 |
[12:36] | I’m not hearing what we might do about it. | 我们需要行动 |
[12:38] | A rally at the parade. | 我们要举行游行集会 |
[12:39] | Get out there marching like the old days. | 如以前一样 |
[12:41] | Marching is all well and good, | 游行固然很好 |
[12:43] | but we need to stop the alcohol at its source. | 但我们要阻断酒精的源头 |
[12:47] | This morning I saw barrels of beer, dozens of them, | 今早我看到几十桶啤酒 |
[12:52] | being loaded into a garage behind my home. | 卸到我家后面的车库中 |
[12:54] | This is what I’m talking about. | 这正是我所担心的 |
[12:59] | Perhaps Mr. Thompson could be of help. | 也许汤普森先生能帮上忙 |
[13:03] | The sheriff? | 治安官吗 |
[13:04] | His brother, actually– Enoch. | 实际上 是他的哥哥伊诺克 |
[13:07] | He’s a friend. | 他很友善 |
[13:11] | Which is to say he’s been of great assistance | 我是说 他在我丈夫去世时 |
[13:15] | since my husband passed. | 曾给我很大帮助 |
[13:17] | Well, perhaps you could arrange a meeting. | 也许你可以安排一次会面 |
[13:21] | I’d be happy to try. | 我很乐意一试 |
[13:27] | Professional baseball has reached a crisis. | 职业棒球面临着临危机 |
[13:31] | Charges of crookedness | 关于在去年的 |
[13:32] | relating to last year’s World Series are emerging | 世界职业棒球大赛中作假的指控 |
[13:36] | with a well-known New York gambler at its center. | 指向由纽约一著名赌徒领导的赌博集团 |
[13:39] | It doesn’t mention you by name, does it? | 没提到您的名字 不是吗 |
[13:41] | It does everything but. | 除了这点都写出来了 |
[13:53] | Speculation, innuendo, | 推测 讽刺 |
[13:56] | and, if I remember my law school latin, | 如果我尚记得在法学院学的拉丁文 |
[13:59] | a steaming pile of horseshit. | 一堆他妈的狗屎 |
[14:02] | Is that the legal term? | 这是法学术语吗 |
[14:04] | You had a meeting with some washed-up ex-boxer. | 你是和输球的投手见面了 |
[14:07] | – So what? – Abe Attell. | -那又如何 -亚伯·特奥 |
[14:10] | Followed by a very public dinner | 然后与比尔·彭斯大厅广众下 |
[14:12] | with sleepy Bill Burns at the Astor hotel. | 在艾斯托酒店共进晚餐 |
[14:15] | Is it a crime now for a fella to eat dinner? | 这世道吃晚餐也犯法吗 |
[14:18] | The dinner was innocent, counselor. | 晚餐是无罪的 律师 |
[14:20] | But for dessert he pitched me | 但是用点心时 他一口咬定 |
[14:21] | on fixing the World Series | 我通过贿赂白袜队队员 |
[14:23] | by bribing the players on the white sox. | 操纵世界职业棒球大赛 |
[14:25] | A scheme which you threw cold water upon immediately. | 一个马上会被你否认的诬告 |
[14:31] | Isn’t that correct, Mr. Rothstein? | 难道不是吗 罗斯坦先生 |
[14:34] | It certainly is. | 确实是 |
[14:37] | Then there you have it. | 那么就没事了 |
[14:38] | And what do I do about this article? | 我该如何处理这篇文章呢 |
[14:41] | You do nothing, Arnold. | 放着不管 阿诺德 |
[14:42] | You get mud on your trousers– | 不小心裤腿沾到泥 |
[14:44] | or horseshit. | 或狗屎 |
[14:46] | Or horseshit– you don’t rub it off. | 狗屎 你不必擦掉 |
[14:50] | You let it dry. You let it set a while. | 待它自然风干 你让它停留一会儿 |
[14:54] | Then you brush it off nice and easy. | 然后轻而易举地把它揭下来 |
[15:01] | The World Series was months ago, lawyer Fallon, | 世界职业棒球大赛是数月前的事了 法隆律师 |
[15:04] | and the horseshit hasn’t dried yet. | 但是狗屎还没干 |
[15:24] | – Why are you hovering? – Carl Heeley wants a word. | -什么事 -卡尔·西利有事找您 |
[15:28] | Who? | 谁 |
[15:30] | What does he want? | 他想要什么 |
[15:33] | Just a quick tinny time. | 需要您的一点时间 |
[15:44] | How’s your dad? | 您父亲怎样 |
[15:45] | Will he be at the dinner this year? | 他今年来参加聚会吗 |
[15:46] | – Can we just skip to the “By the way”? – Beg pardon? | -我们能直奔主题吗 -你说什么 |
[15:49] | Every day people come in here, Carl– dozens of them. | 卡尔 每天有数十人造访 |
[15:51] | They ask after my health, | 他们向我 |
[15:53] | my family, my goddamn goldfish. | 我的家庭以及我的金鱼问好 |
[15:55] | Inevitably there’s a “By the way.” | 然后”顺便说一句” |
[15:56] | Then they tell me what they really want. | 才会谈正事 |
[15:58] | – Well, that’s not what I. – Carl, I’m busy. | -我不是这样的 -卡尔 我很忙 |
[16:00] | You’d be doing me a huge favor. | 我真的很忙 请配合 |
[16:02] | Me and the boys want a raise to work the Celtic Dinner. | 我和我的伙计们想提高凯尔特晚宴的薪水 |
[16:05] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[16:06] | Nucky, $5 a man is just not enough | 努基 每人五美元 |
[16:09] | for enduring that kind of humiliation. | 是不够弥补耻辱的 |
[16:11] | Dancing a jig in a leprechaun outfit? | 穿着妖精服跳快步舞 |
[16:12] | You call that humiliating? | 你管这叫耻辱吗 |
[16:13] | – What do you call it? – Show business. | -那你觉得是什么 -表演 |
[16:16] | You don’t mind beating the tar | 你就不介意每晚 |
[16:17] | out of each other every night in that ring. | 在擂台上相互厮杀 |
[16:19] | But these drunks are twice our size. | 但那些酒鬼是我们的两倍高 |
[16:21] | They get really rough and they think it’s funny. | 他们很粗鲁 并以此为乐 |
[16:25] | Well, how much do you want? | 那么你要多少 |
[16:27] | $10 a man. | 每人十美元 |
[16:28] | What’s that, three bucks a foot? | 六美元每人 |
[16:31] | It’ll be a lot easier this year. | 今年活儿会轻松一些 |
[16:32] | With prohibition there’ll be no booze. | 由于禁酒令今年无酒宴 |
[16:33] | Come on, Nucky. I only look like a child. | 努基 我只是外表像小孩 你蒙不了我 |
[16:40] | Suppose I figure out a way to give you an extra 12 bucks | 我想到一种方法 能让你多赚十二美元 |
[16:44] | and I get to save 12 myself. | 同时我也能节省十二美元 |
[16:46] | – I’m listening. – There are eight leprechauns, right? | -我在听 -一共八个矮妖精对吧 |
[16:48] | Eight times 10 is 80. | 八乘十等于八十 |
[16:50] | Tell your boys the best you can do was seven. | 告诉他们 你只能争取到每人七美元 |
[16:52] | Then it’ll cost me 56. I give you an extra 12. | 那么一共是五十六 我另外给你十二 |
[16:54] | That leaves me paying 68, which is 12 less | 这样我也比你之前要的八十美元 |
[16:56] | than the 80 you originally wanted. | 节省了十二美元 |
[16:58] | – I don’t know, Nucky. – Dinner starts at 7:00. | -这样不好吧 努基 -晚宴七点开始 |
[17:00] | Tell your men to be dressed and ready by 6:30. | 告诉他们六点半之前着装完毕准备就绪 |
[17:07] | I have another meeting waiting. | 还有人在等着见我 |
[17:15] | Hello, ladies. | 女士们 你们好 |
[17:18] | Mr. Thompson, thank you so much for seeing us. | 汤普森先生 非常感谢您接见我们 |
[17:21] | Not at all. | 应该的 |
[17:24] | – Did you enjoy the soda bread? – Pardon? | -您喜欢那苏打面包吗 -你说什么 |
[17:27] | Oh! Yes, very much. Thank you. | 对 非常喜欢 谢谢 |
[17:32] | May I offer you something? | 需要喝点什么吗 |
[17:35] | Thank you, no. | 不了 谢谢 |
[17:39] | Mrs. Schroeder has seen something | 施罗德夫人目睹了一些事情 |
[17:41] | she feels compelled to tell you about. | 她认为必须告诉您 |
[17:44] | Oh? | 什么事 |
[17:47] | Yesterday morning an entire truckload of beer barrels | 昨天早上 一整车的啤酒 |
[17:50] | was loaded into a garage behind my home. | 被装卸到我家后面的车库里 |
[17:54] | A man who looked familiar– | 一个看起来很眼熟 |
[17:57] | But I couldn’t really place him– | 的人在押运 |
[17:59] | Was supervising the delivery. | 但我想不起来是谁 |
[18:02] | Why, that’s outrageous. | 太可恶了 |
[18:05] | I saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼看到的 |
[18:06] | – I’m sure you must have been appalled. – I was, quite. | -我想您当时很震惊 -是的 非常惊讶 |
[18:13] | I’m afraid my birthday party | 我想一定是我的生日宴会 |
[18:15] | must have been quite difficult for you– | 另您感到不自在 |
[18:17] | At Babette’s, the nightclub. | 芭贝特的夜总会 |
[18:20] | I was making a delivery for the dress shop. | 我当时在帮服装店送货 |
[18:22] | It was quite a celebratory atmosphere. | 庆典非常有气氛 |
[18:24] | Some champagne and whiskey may have even been drunk. | 人们喝了一些香槟和威士忌 |
[18:27] | I’m sure your class of acquaintance | 我清楚您的朋友都是什么人 |
[18:29] | Drinks only in moderation. | 只会适度饮酒 |
[18:31] | If they drink at all. | 他们都不饮酒 |
[18:33] | Mrs. Schroeder, thank you for sharing this information. | 施罗德夫人 感谢您分享的情报 |
[18:36] | Eddie, get the sheriff on the phone. | 埃迪 接通治安官 |
[18:39] | You give the details to my brother | 你们把详情告诉我兄弟 |
[18:40] | and we’ll shut down that garage | 我们会在事态严重前 |
[18:42] | before the tide goes out. | 关闭车库 |
[18:44] | Mr. Thompson, we are grateful as always. | 汤普森先生 再次感谢您 |
[18:49] | I truly do appreciate it. | 真的非常感谢您 |
[18:51] | This isn’t a personal favor, Mrs. Schroeder. | 这不是人情 施罗德夫人 |
[18:56] | Yes, I realize that. | 是的 我知道 |
[19:08] | Come on, eat a little. | 来 再吃点 |
[19:10] | You can’t live on laudanum. | 你不能靠鸦片酒过活 |
[19:12] | Watch me. | 看着我 |
[19:25] | – Hey, Johnny. – Hey, hon. | -你好 强尼 -你好 亲爱的 |
[19:28] | How you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[19:29] | Swell. | 好极了 |
[19:41] | Jesus Christ! She’s fuckin’ ruined. | 他妈的 她就这么毁了 |
[19:46] | Come on, it’s not that bad. | 放松 还没那么糟糕 |
[19:47] | If she was a Filly, they’d shoot her. | 如果她是菲利 他们一定会杀了她 |
[19:51] | I know you took a shine to her, | 我知道你喜欢上她了 |
[19:54] | but she gotta go. | 但她必得走 |
[19:57] | She hasn’t even had her stitches out. | 她还没拆线呢 |
[19:59] | This is a cathouse, not the Hotel Sherman. | 这里是妓院 不是谢尔曼酒店 |
[20:02] | She don’t earn, I don’t earn. | 她不挣钱 我就没钱挣 |
[20:07] | – What if I cover it? – 100 a day? | -如果我付钱呢 -每天一百美元 |
[20:11] | – She makes that much? – She did. | -她这么值钱吗 -曾经是 |
[20:18] | She got till Friday. | 最晚周五要走人 |
[20:38] | So what did he want? | 他找你什么事 |
[20:41] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[20:44] | Scalcione’s out sick. | 斯卡西昂生病没来 |
[20:46] | He wants me to work the door. | 他想让我去代他看门 |
[20:59] | I’ll take the soup now. | 我现在想喝汤了 |
[21:01] | Come on, bring it back, bring it back. | 动作快点 倒车 倒车 |
[21:04] | A little more, a little more. | 倒一点 再倒一点 |
[21:06] | All right, good. Stop stop! | 好 好了 停下 |
[21:08] | Go head. | 开始吧 |
[21:10] | Whoa whoa, easy! It’s gonna fall on me. | 慢着点 要砸着我了 |
[21:12] | I got it, I got it. | 知道 我行 |
[21:14] | All right, let’s start unloading. Come on, guys. | 好了 开始卸货 来吧伙计们 |
[21:17] | All right, one at a time. | 一次卸一桶 |
[21:19] | Coming down, coming down. | 放下来了 接住 |
[21:20] | Come on, don’t get ahead of yourselves. | 注意点 别慌别忙 |
[21:22] | Good good. Ma’am. | 好 很好 女士 |
[21:27] | What are you doing? | 你们做什么呢 |
[21:29] | We’re unloading this truck. | 我们在卸车 |
[21:30] | Unloading it? | 卸车 |
[21:32] | We gotta tint it green by tomorrow | 我们明天之前得把它变成绿色 |
[21:34] | for St. Paddy’s. | 为庆祝圣帕特节 |
[21:36] | Who is in charge here? | 这里谁管事 |
[21:40] | Boss? | 头儿 |
[21:48] | – Mrs. Schroeder, right? – Mr. Neary. | -施罗德夫人是吧 -内尔利先生 |
[21:52] | Like a soft night in Wicklow, isn’t it? | 夜风温柔 很像威克洛[爱尔兰地名]吧 |
[21:54] | I couldn’t say. I’m from Kerry. | 我不知道 我是凯里人 |
[21:57] | Ah, the lofty peak of carrauntoohil. | 卡朗图厄尔山巍峨的山峰哟 |
[22:02] | Did Mr. Thompson not speak with you today? | 汤普森先生今天没有找你谈话吗 |
[22:05] | – About what? – Your business here. | -谈什么 -你在这里的生意 |
[22:07] | We’ll be out of your hair by tomorrow. | 我们明天就不会再吵你了 |
[22:09] | Most of this stuff is for the Celtic Dinner. | 这些东西大部分都是为凯尔特晚宴准备的 |
[22:12] | Listen, fellas, you’ve gotta keep it down. | 伙计们 听好了 你们得小声点儿 |
[22:14] | People are trying to sleep here. | 这边有人要睡觉呢 |
[22:18] | What say we pour you off a growler for St. Paddy’s, hmm? | 不如圣帕特节那天我们请你 |
[22:22] | compliments of the city? | 算作本市对你的补偿 |
[22:34] | I’m writing you, dear, just to tell you | *手书一封 致我亲爱的 只为对你说* |
[22:38] | In September you remember | *你还记得 九月苹果树下* |
[22:43] | Beneath the old apple tree you whispered to me | *你曾在我耳旁低语* |
[22:47] | When it blossomed again you’d be mine | *花儿再次开放之时 你就属于我* |
[22:51] | I waited until I could claim you | *我一直在等待诺言实现* |
[22:56] | I hope I’ve not waited in vain | *愿我的等待不是徒劳* |
[23:00] | For when it’s spring in the valley | *当春风拂过山谷* |
[23:05] | I’m coming, my sweetheart, again | *我也会再次回来 我的爱人* |
[23:12] | I’ll be with you… | *我会在你身畔* |
[23:15] | Neary, my boy! Nice of you to join us. | 内尔利 好小子 你能来真是太好了 |
[23:17] | I’ll be with you to change your name to mine | *在你为我挽起长发时将你陪伴* |
[23:22] | For one day in May I’ll come and say | *五月春光里 我要对你说* |
[23:27] | Happy the bride… | *幸福的新娘* |
[23:29] | I am terribly sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[23:30] | Mr. Thompson is not available. | 汤普森先生现在没空见客 |
[23:33] | He knows I’ve been waiting. | 他知道我在等他 |
[23:35] | He has some urgent business. | 他有紧急公务要处理 |
[23:44] | You will be mine | *你将属于我* |
[23:47] | In apple blossom time. | *当苹果花开满山坡* |
[24:10] | 101 arctic: 23 cases of bourbon, | 代号北极圈101 二十三箱波本威士忌 |
[24:13] | Eight cases rye. | 八箱黑麦酒 |
[24:19] | 316 adriatic: 15 cases blended scotch whiskey. | 代号亚德里亚316 十五箱勾兑苏格兰威士忌 |
[24:25] | 11 cases gin. | 十一箱杜松子酒 |
[24:32] | – Mrs. Schroeder. – Good afternoon. | -施罗德夫人 -下午好 |
[24:37] | – I’m intruding. – You are not. | -打扰你们工作了吗 -没有 |
[24:40] | This is my colleague Agent Sebso. | 这位是我的同事赛布索探员 |
[24:43] | – Margaret Schroeder. – Ma’am. | -我是玛格丽特·施罗德 -夫人您好 |
[24:54] | Is the post office in charge of prohibition? | 邮政局负责执行禁酒令吗 |
[24:57] | No, ma’am. | 不 夫人 |
[25:03] | You said I should come to you if I had information. | 你说过如果我有发现就来找你 |
[25:10] | Roll down your sleeves. Put on your jacket. | 放下袖子 穿上外套 |
[25:12] | Bring Mrs. Schroeder a chair. | 给施罗德夫人搬把椅子 |
[25:14] | Go outside and block the entrance. | 出去别让其他人进来 |
[25:50] | On the street behind my home is a garage. | 我家后街是个车库 |
[25:54] | Yes? | 怎样 |
[25:55] | It’s full of beer barrels. | 车库里面全是酒桶 |
[25:59] | How many? | 多少桶 |
[26:01] | Quite a large quantity. | 非常多 |
[26:04] | Could you give me an estimate? | 能估计一下吗 |
[26:07] | 93? | 九十三桶 |
[26:12] | What’s the address? | 地址是 |
[26:13] | 2727 Caspian. | 里海街贰柒贰柒号 |
[26:16] | the Hiawatha garage. | 海华沙车库 |
[26:19] | Right out in the open. | 就在露天地里 |
[26:22] | You will close it down, won’t you? | 你会把它查封的 是不是 |
[26:26] | When would you like me to do that? | 你希望我什么时候去查封 |
[26:29] | Immediately. Children can see it. | 马上 孩子们都看到了 |
[26:35] | There are now 117 pins here. | 这里现在有一百一十七枚针 |
[26:39] | Each one marks a location in this city where alcohol | 每一枚都标志着一个在城里 |
[26:43] | is being warehoused, distilled, or sold. | 囤酒 造酒或者贩酒的窝点 |
[26:45] | They operate with impunity and I do not possess | 这些窝点活动猖獗无人过问 |
[26:48] | the resources to shut even 10% of them. | 而我手里的资源还不够查封其中十分之一 |
[26:52] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[26:53] | Then you’ll also understand that every one of these pins | 那你也同样该理解 就算查封所有窝点 |
[26:56] | taken together amounts to nothing. | 也是于事无补 |
[26:59] | Here on the south shore of brigantine | 这里 柏坚南岸 |
[27:02] | and here in the back bays of the Inlet, | 还有这 茵莱特的河湾里 |
[27:04] | boats unload liquor sailed down from Canada, | 不断有船卸载从加拿大 加勒比 |
[27:07] | up from the Caribbean, across the Atlantic. | 大西洋彼岸运来的烈酒 |
[27:09] | It is watered down, mixed with poisons, | 这些酒被稀释 混合了有毒原料 |
[27:11] | and sold illicitly by a growing class of criminals | 再倒卖给为谋钱财不惜害人性命的黑心商贩 |
[27:14] | for whom murder is a means of doing business. | 而这群酒贩的数目正在与日俱增 |
[27:18] | Some of the victims are no better than killers themselves. | 劣酒的受害者一部分并非善类 |
[27:21] | others are just unlucky. | 有些则是纯属不幸 |
[27:23] | They are shopkeepers, schoolteachers. | 有小店主 学校教员 |
[27:28] | one was a baker’s apprentice. | 还有一个是面包店学徒 |
[27:33] | Do you mean to be cruel, Mr. Van Alden? | 您是有意表现得这样冷酷吗 范·奥尔登先生 |
[27:38] | No, ma’am. I mean to be honest. | 不 夫人 我意图对你诚实 |
[27:41] | And what of the law that creates the criminal? | 那么造成这一切犯罪的法律呢 |
[27:44] | That’s the law you’ve just asked me to enforce | 你刚刚还要求我执行这法律 |
[27:47] | for the safety of your children, | 为保护你的孩子 |
[27:51] | Unless I misread your intentions. | 除非是我误解了你的意图 |
[27:56] | I’ve been lectured to a great deal today | 我今天已经听够夸夸其谈不做实事的人 |
[27:59] | by men who speak boldly and do nothing. | 的说教了 |
[28:06] | – I’d like to leave now. – Who else lectured you? | -我要走了 -还有谁对你说教 |
[28:09] | Why should that be your concern? | 你为何关心这个 |
[28:11] | Because you don’t want to tell me. | 因为你不想告诉我 |
[28:13] | Will you arrest me in the post office? | 你要在邮局里逮捕我吗 |
[28:16] | Not unless you’ve committed a crime. | 除非你犯法 |
[28:21] | Mr. Neary. | 内尔利先生 |
[28:24] | Mr. Neary lectured you? | 内尔利先生对您说教 |
[28:26] | Mr. Neary owns the garage. | 内尔利先生是车库的主人 |
[28:33] | James Neary, the alderman from the fourth ward? | 詹姆斯·内尔利 来自第四区的市议员 |
[28:36] | I don’t know his first name. | 我只知道他的姓 |
[28:37] | What do you know about him? | 你知道他什么 |
[28:41] | He works for Mr. Thompson. | 他为汤普森先生工作 |
[28:46] | Now they’re frisking people? | 分成的事都定下来了 |
[28:48] | After they already shot up the joint? | 他们才想起搜身 |
[28:49] | Better late than never. | 迟做总比不做好 |
[28:52] | It’s like the horse after the barn door in here. | 就像羊和羊圈 |
[28:55] | – After the horse. – What? | -羊丢了 -什么 |
[28:58] | You close the barn door after the horses are gone. | 丢了羊之后再修羊圈 |
[29:00] | – That’s the expression. – That’s what I said. | -这是成语 -我就是这么说的 |
[29:02] | No, you said– look, it doesn’t matter. | 不 你说的是 算了 |
[29:06] | Fuck the horse. | 去他妈的羊 |
[29:08] | Torrio don’t like headaches. | 托里奥不喜欢麻烦 |
[29:10] | I think he’s already got one. | 我看他已经有麻烦了 |
[29:13] | Those mick bastards– we should hit ’em tomorrow. | 那帮狗杂种 我们明天得干他一票 |
[29:16] | And they’ll be soused off their asses for St. Paddy’s. | 圣帕特节他们会喝得烂醉如泥 |
[29:19] | Is that what Torrio wants? | 托里奥想那样吗 |
[29:20] | You start worrying about what other people want, | 你少担心别人想怎样吧 |
[29:23] | You’ll go batty. | 脑子会想坏的 |
[29:29] | – What happened to her? – Hi, boys. | -她怎么了 -小伙子们 你们好 |
[29:34] | Who wants to buy me a drink? | 谁想请我喝杯酒 |
[29:38] | Pearl, what are you doing? | 珍珠 你做什么呢 |
[29:40] | I’m working. | 我在工作呀 |
[29:42] | I gotta earn my keep. | 我得挣钱过活 |
[29:43] | You don’t have to work today, honey. | 亲爱的 你今天不用工作 |
[29:45] | Go on, get her outta here. | 快点 把她弄出去 |
[29:48] | Come on, let’s go upstairs. | 来吧 我们上楼 |
[29:51] | I need more juice. | 我要再来点儿果汁 |
[29:52] | I’m gonna make you some right now, okay? | 我现在就去给你榨 好不好 |
[29:55] | What’s so funny? | 他们笑什么 |
[29:56] | Nothing. Someone told a joke. | 没什么 有人讲了个笑话 |
[30:00] | Jimmy? | 吉米 |
[30:02] | What, sweetie? | 怎么了 宝贝儿 |
[30:04] | Who’s gonna love me now? | 现在谁还会爱我呀 |
[30:16] | Relax, dear. | 亲爱的 放松点 |
[30:18] | It’s the best thing when they’re overtired. | 他们过度疲劳的时候才是最好的时候 |
[30:20] | You should have asked me. | 你该问问我的 |
[30:22] | When James was that age he used work himself | 詹姆斯像他这么大的时候 |
[30:24] | into such an impossible state. | 常常把自己弄得惨不忍睹 |
[30:26] | Whiskey and milk were a godsend. | 威士忌和牛奶真是上帝的赠礼 |
[30:30] | Do you think she’s attractive? | 你觉得她有魅力吗 |
[30:33] | I don’t have much time for movies right now. | 我现在没什么时间看电影 |
[30:36] | I remember how that was. | 我记得我带小孩子的感觉 |
[30:38] | Of course I used to have the girls around to help babysit. | 当然了 我也找附近的女孩子帮忙照看过 |
[30:42] | Jimmy never wanted for feminine attention. | 吉米从没缺少过女性的关注 |
[30:48] | I have to meet my friend. She’s waiting. | 我得去见我朋友了 她在等我 |
[30:50] | Well, see a movie, dear. | 去看电影吧 亲爱的 |
[30:53] | We’re going to take some air on the boardwalk. | 我们要去木板路逛逛 |
[30:56] | The night before St. Patrick’s? | 今天可是圣帕里特里克节前夜 |
[30:59] | There tends to be a lower element abroad. | 外面可能不太安全 |
[31:01] | We’ll be very careful. | 我们会小心的 |
[31:04] | I’m sure you will be. | 那是当然了 |
[31:13] | You could be free, you know? | 你是自由的 知道吗 |
[31:16] | Beg pardon? | 你说什么 |
[31:18] | You’re an attractive girl | 你是个有魅力的女孩 |
[31:21] | with artistic leanings– the painting and all– | 又有艺术细胞 从这些画能够看出来 |
[31:26] | waiting for a man you’re not married to, | 何必苦等一个和你没有婚约 |
[31:29] | who may never return. | 也可能再不回来的男人 |
[31:32] | I have a child. | 可我有孩子 |
[31:34] | I’ll raise him. | 我来抚养他 |
[31:36] | What? | 你说什么 |
[31:38] | You go off, | 你可以一走了之 |
[31:40] | have your youthful adventures | 享受大好的青春 |
[31:42] | and I’ll raise Tommy. | 我来抚养汤米 |
[31:45] | You’ll raise my son? | 由你来抚养我的儿子 |
[31:49] | Well, think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[31:51] | Talk it over with your friend. | 和你的朋友商量商量 |
[31:52] | I don’t need to think about it. | 根本不用考虑 |
[31:54] | What kind of thing is that to say? | 这算怎么档子事 |
[31:57] | I didn’t mean to offend you. | 我无意冒犯 |
[31:59] | I just assumed that you’d be open | 只是觉得 |
[32:01] | to a different sort of arrangement, | 你应该接受另外一种生活 |
[32:04] | Bohemian that you are. | 像波西米亚人一样自由自在 |
[32:06] | Well, I’m not open to it at all. | 我不会接受这样的生活 |
[32:09] | Well, the more fool I. | 那么 恕我愚昧了 |
[32:21] | No need to keep your friend waiting. | 别让你的朋友久等 |
[32:33] | I wish I was | *我多么渴望* |
[32:37] | In Carrickfergus | *身在卡里克弗格斯* |
[32:41] | Only for nights | *度过一个又一个夜晚* |
[32:45] | In Ballygrant | *在巴利格兰特* |
[32:49] | I would swim over | *我可以游过* |
[32:53] | The deepest ocean | *那深邃的海洋* |
[32:58] | The deepest ocean | *那深邃的海洋* |
[33:01] | For my love to find | *找回我的爱人* |
[33:06] | But the sea is wide | *但这片海洋太宽阔* |
[33:10] | And I cannot swim over… | *我无力游过* |
[33:13] | – Where’s your brother? – I don’t know. | -你弟弟在哪 -不知道 |
[33:16] | – What? – Dad, “Carrickfergus.” | -什么 -爸爸 听《卡里克弗格斯》 |
[33:18] | Oh, what do I give a shit? | 关我屁事呢 |
[33:20] | I wings to fly | *我展翅高飞* |
[33:25] | If I could find me | *如果我能寻觅到* |
[33:29] | A handsome boatman… | *一位英俊的船夫* |
[33:33] | Where the hell were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[33:35] | The boys were using my sash to play tarzan. | 弟兄们以我的名义招摇撞骗 |
[33:37] | Where were you? | 你在哪儿 |
[33:39] | Every year with this. | 每年都是这一出 |
[33:42] | For I’m drunk today | *因为今朝我已醉* |
[33:46] | And I’m seldom sober | *而且我很少清醒着* |
[33:51] | A handsome rover | *英俊的流浪者* |
[33:54] | From town to town | *从一个城镇游荡到另一个* |
[33:59] | Oh, but I’m sick now | *现在我已病入膏肓* |
[34:03] | My days are numbered | *时日也不多* |
[34:08] | So come all ye young men | *来吧 年轻人* |
[34:13] | And lay me down. | *将我埋葬* |
[34:23] | Duncan O’Conner, everybody! | 邓肯·奥康纳 大家鼓掌 |
[34:26] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[34:29] | Thank you, Mayor Bacharach. | 谢谢你 巴卡洛克市长 |
[34:31] | God bless America | 上帝保佑美国 |
[34:32] | and god bless the Emerald Isle. | 保佑翡翠岛[爱尔兰岛别称] |
[34:34] | Fellow members of the Ancient Order of the Celts, | 遵循凯尔特人传统的各位 |
[34:38] | welcome one and all to our annual | 欢迎你们来到一年一度的 |
[34:41] | St. Patrick’s eve dinner. | 圣帕里特里克节前夜晚宴 |
[34:43] | As is our custom, I’d like to turn over the festivities | 依例 让我们热烈欢迎 |
[34:46] | to Atlantic county’s esteemed Treasurer, | 大西洋郡受人尊敬的司库先生 |
[34:49] | that proud Irishman, Enoch Thompson. | 自豪的爱尔兰人 伊诺克·汤普森 |
[34:54] | When do I get to talk? | 什么时候轮到我演讲 |
[34:56] | They’re here to enjoy themselves. | 他们只不过是来找乐子的 |
[34:58] | Is it really necessary? | 你觉得有必要吗 |
[35:02] | – Hear hear, Nucky! – Good evening, gentlemen. | -听你的了 努基 -晚上好 先生们 |
[35:05] | This being an election year, with your kind indulgence, | 又是一年选举年 承蒙各位厚爱 |
[35:10] | Sheriff Eli Thompson has | 在开始前 请出治安官伊莱·汤普森 |
[35:11] | asked to say a few words before we get started. | 给我们大家讲几句话 |
[35:13] | So this one’s gonna talk now? | 现在轮到他讲话了 |
[35:22] | Thank you, Enoch, Mr. Mayor. | 感谢伊诺克 感谢市长先生 |
[35:29] | Have a drink. | 先来杯酒吧 |
[35:33] | Your hands are shaking. | 你的手在抖 |
[35:38] | Friends, Romans… | 朋友们 罗马人 |
[35:42] | …and Irishmen… | 以及爱尔兰人 |
[35:43] | Lend me your beers! | 把你的酒给我喝吧 |
[35:47] | …Tomorrow we will celebrate our patron saint, | 明天我们将庆祝主保圣人 |
[35:51] | the beloved St. Patrick, | 敬爱的圣帕特里克 |
[35:53] | he what drove the snakes out of Ireland. | 这位曾经将蛇赶出爱尔兰的人 |
[35:54] | – That’s right! – Hear hear! | -说得好 -是啊 |
[35:56] | Today I submit for your approval | 今天 我希望得到你们的认同 |
[35:59] | that he should have drove the English out. | 他本该将英国赶出去 |
[36:01] | Yeah! | 对 |
[36:03] | My friends, it wasn’t a famine of nature | 朋友们 并非自然灾荒 |
[36:06] | that killed our forefathers. | 杀害了我们的先祖 |
[36:09] | It was a famine by Cromwell. | 这一切都是克伦威尔造成的 |
[36:10] | That’s right! | 说得对 |
[36:12] | And now in our own time | 而在我们的时代 |
[36:16] | the murdering Brits are at it again, | 杀害不列颠人的事情卷土重来 |
[36:18] | slaughtering the heroes | 东部凯勒梅堡监狱叛乱中的英雄们 |
[36:20] | of the eastern rebellion in Kilmainham gaol– | 也都被屠杀 |
[36:23] | – Pearse and McDonagh… – That’s right! | -他们是皮尔斯 麦克多纳 -说得对 |
[36:26] | Eamonn Ceannt and Jonah Clarke. | 埃蒙·圣特和约拿·克拉克 |
[36:28] | – Thomas, you idiot. – What’s he know? He was born in the states. | -是托马斯 你这白痴 -他知道什么啊 他在这儿出生的 |
[36:31] | Of course. Yes, Thomas. | 当然 没错 托马斯 |
[36:34] | You speculating that those of us born here | 你以为我们出生在这里 |
[36:36] | are less committed to the troubles back home? | 就不管故乡发生的事了吗 |
[36:38] | I’m saying I’ve seen things with me own eyes in Dublin. | 我是说我亲眼看到了发生在都柏林的事 |
[36:40] | By what right do the English | 英国人有什么权利 |
[36:42] | suppress our brothers across the ocean? | 逼迫我们的兄弟远渡重洋来到这儿 |
[36:43] | My district alone raised over $2,000 for the fight. | 我的区出资两千美元支持战争 |
[36:46] | I held a fuckin’ line against | 我手里拿着火钳子 |
[36:47] | the Brits with nothin’ more than a fire poker. | 和英国人对抗 不退一步 |
[36:49] | It’s my sons who are fighting and dying. | 在战斗和死亡的都是我们的子孙 |
[36:50] | With arms we provided. | 使用的是我们提供的武器 |
[36:52] | – Up the rebels! – Up your asses! | -支持谋反 -放屁 |
[36:54] | By no right at all, gentlemen… | 先生们 没有权利 |
[36:57] | You’re gonna have a fucking riot on your hands. | 你的手下们要打起来了 |
[36:59] | – …Our brothers across the country– – Say that again! | -我们的兄弟遍布全国 -再说一次 |
[37:02] | Gentlemen, we here in the United States, we– | 先生们 我们是在美国 我们 |
[37:06] | Sheriff Eli Thompson, everybody. | 以上是治安官伊莱·汤普森的演讲 大家鼓掌 |
[37:12] | You remember that. | 你给我记住了 |
[37:14] | So sit down! | 你给我坐下吧 |
[37:17] | What do you call an Irishman who doesn’t swear? | 你们怎样称呼不起誓的爱尔兰人 |
[37:21] | A mute. | 哑巴 |
[37:22] | What do you call an Irishman who doesn’t drink? | 你们怎样称呼不喝酒的爱尔兰人 |
[37:25] | A corpse. | 死人 |
[37:26] | What do you call an Irishman from Atlantic city? | 你们怎样称呼大西洋城的爱尔兰人呢 |
[37:29] | It doesn’t matter where he’s from; you call him an Irishman! | 不管他打哪儿来 你们都叫他爱尔兰人 |
[37:32] | Erin go bragh! | 爱尔兰永存 |
[37:35] | Now let me hear those pipes. | 现在让我们欣赏风笛演奏 |
[37:42] | The little people– | 这些矮人们 |
[37:44] | They’ve been to the end of the rainbow | 他们曾经去过彩虹的尽头 |
[37:46] | and they’re here with the pots of gold. | 给我们带来了一罐又一罐的金子 |
[37:58] | Whoo! | 太棒了 |
[38:08] | Hey, where’s the green beer? | 怎么没有生啤 |
[38:11] | Not this year, assemblyman. | 今年没有 议员先生 |
[38:12] | But it’s a goddamn tradition. | 该死的 这是传统 |
[38:14] | The feds found our stash. | 联邦探员发现了我们的货 |
[38:23] | You gotta go easy on this stuff, okay? | 你要看淡这事 明白吗 |
[38:27] | – Bad girl. – Not bad, just go easy. | -做个坏女孩 -不做坏女孩 淡定些而已 |
[38:32] | We should go down to Chinatown for a bowl. | 我们应该去唐人街吸一口 |
[38:34] | What did I just say? | 我刚才怎么说的来着 |
[38:35] | But it’s so much better when you smoke it. | 但吸的时候会感觉好一些 |
[38:38] | – Palm trees and sunshine. – We’ll do that, I promise. | -棕榈树和阳光 -我保证会带你去的 |
[38:45] | Tell me a story. | 给我讲个故事 |
[38:47] | – About what? – You. | -什么故事 -你的 |
[38:50] | Something happy. | 开心点的故事 |
[38:52] | Uh… okay. | 好吧 |
[38:56] | Well, I was– what, seven? | 我那时候 大概七岁 |
[39:00] | – What’d you look like? – Like I do now– | -那时候你长什么样 -和现在差不多 |
[39:03] | Smaller, hair down to here. | 个子矮很多 头发这么长 |
[39:06] | – No. – Yeah. | -不是吧 -是的 |
[39:09] | My mother thought it looked aristocratic. | 我母亲认为这样看起来有贵族气质 |
[39:16] | Everyone else just thought I was a girl. | 别人都以为我是女孩子 |
[39:21] | Anyway, there was this man– Mr. Lancaster. | 不管怎样 有个兰卡斯特先生 |
[39:26] | He was a worth a few dollars, | 他还算有钱 |
[39:27] | so my mother figured she could get him to marry her. | 所以我母亲算计着嫁给他 |
[39:31] | He had a sailboat. | 他有个帆船 |
[39:33] | Make it a yacht. | 说游艇吧 |
[39:35] | Sure, a yacht. | 没问题 游艇 |
[39:41] | On the 4th of July he took us boating, my mother and me. | 七月四日 他带我和母亲出海 |
[39:46] | She was in a white tea dress and a Merry Widow hat. | 她穿着白茶色的裙子 和《风流寡妇》中的帽子 |
[39:50] | – Mm, she was beautiful. – She was. She still is. | -她很美 -确实 现在依然很美 |
[39:58] | We sailed past the lighthouse up along to brigantine | 我们航行过灯塔 |
[40:00] | where the pirates used to hide. | 驶向海盗的双桅帆船 |
[40:03] | Mr. Lancaster showed me how to use the mainsheet, | 兰卡斯特先生教我使用主帆索 |
[40:08] | put me at the tiller. | 还让我掌舵 |
[40:09] | I steered us into little Egg Inlet | 我驶入艾格湾 |
[40:11] | like I’d done it my whole life. | 熟练得就像我一辈子都在干这个 |
[40:15] | We tied up at Egg Island. | 我们停在艾格岛 |
[40:18] | We went ashore. | 上了岸 |
[40:23] | My mother told me to go away for a while. | 我母亲让我去外面玩一会儿 |
[40:25] | I was used to that. | 我都已经习惯了 |
[40:28] | So I ran around, pretending to be a pirate. | 然后我就跑到一边 扮海盗船长 |
[40:32] | And when it was okay to come back, | 而当我可以回来时 |
[40:35] | Mr. Lancaster dug a pit in the sand, | 兰卡斯特先生在沙地上挖了个坑 |
[40:38] | loaded in some coals to roast the lobster | 在坑里放了一些煤块来烤 |
[40:41] | and the corn he had brought, | 他带来的龙虾和玉米 |
[40:44] | and we just ate like kings. | 我们如帝王般大快朵颐 |
[40:51] | When the sun began to set, | 当太阳开始落山时 |
[40:54] | Mr. Lancaster told me to go get this box from the boat. | 兰卡斯特先生让我去船上拿一个盒子过来 |
[40:58] | “And be very careful.” | “务必要非常小心” |
[41:01] | Inside was stars and stripes | 他说盒子里面是 |
[41:05] | he said that his father had carried at Gettysburg, | 他父亲在葛底斯堡战役里扛过的星条旗 |
[41:07] | which had to be true ’cause there were bullet holes on it. | 那面旗子货真价实因为上面还有弹孔 |
[41:12] | So we stuck the flagpole in the grass | 我们把旗杆插在草地上 |
[41:17] | And we sang… | 然后开始唱歌 |
[41:18] | My country, ’tis of thee… | 我的祖国 她在你心中 |
[41:28] | …with our hands on our hearts. | 手扶胸口真心吟唱 |
[41:30] | And we watched the fireworks go off | 然后我们一起看木板路上 |
[41:31] | all the way down the boardwalk. | 燃放的烟花 |
[41:35] | We sailed home under the moon. | 我们在月光下返航 |
[41:38] | My mother was combing the sand out of my hair. | 我母亲帮我在头发里的沙子拣出来 |
[41:44] | That was a good day. | 那真是美好的一天 |
[41:51] | Tell me he married her. | 告诉我他最终娶了她 |
[41:55] | Sure, he did. | 当然 |
[41:59] | Happily ever after. | 从此两人开始幸福地生活 |
[42:06] | Shit! God damn it. | 该死 真该死 |
[42:10] | Somebody’s gonna really have to take care of you. | 真得有个人来好好照顾你才行 |
[42:15] | I should wash this. | 我得赶紧洗洗 |
[42:18] | Kiss me. | 吻我 |
[42:38] | Get yourself cleaned up, lover. | 快去洗干净吧 亲爱的 |
[43:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[43:48] | It’s great to see you again. | 再见到您真好 |
[43:50] | There’s a time and place, Eli. | 要把握时机和场合 伊莱 |
[43:52] | You have to know your audience. | 你要了解你的观众 |
[43:54] | Give ’em what they want, huh, Nuck? | 满足他们的需要对吧 努克 |
[43:56] | Well, isn’t that what your book says? | 你那本书里不就是这样写的吗 |
[43:58] | The Dale Carnegie? | 戴尔·卡耐基写的那个 |
[44:03] | – Why don’t you take a break? – Why? | -你别喝了 -怎么了 |
[44:05] | Because I’m trying to help you when you’re drunk. | 因为我在细心开导你而你却醉了 |
[44:07] | And you’re not? | 你没醉吗 |
[44:09] | Oh that’s right… | 是的 |
[44:13] | This is the one night of the year you don’t drink. | 今晚是你一年中少有的不喝酒的夜晚 |
[44:15] | These men, Eli– | 伊莱 这些人 |
[44:17] | These kingmakers you wanted to impress? | 这些你想竭力取悦的权势之徒 |
[44:19] | You may not think so, but they’re judging you every second. | 可能你没注意 但是他们无时不刻不在审视你 |
[44:22] | And when something good comes along, an opportunity, | 而当好事来临的时候 当机会来临的时候 |
[44:25] | they remember the man who showed good form. | 他们会记住举止良好的人 |
[44:27] | The whole thing’s a game, isn’t it? | 这就是一场游戏 不是吗 |
[44:32] | It’s so easy for you. | 你真是拿捏的分毫不差 |
[44:40] | Well, I’ll keep at it. | 我会继续努力的 |
[44:42] | Maybe one day I’ll lie as good as you. | 也许有一天我信口雌黄的水平能和你一样优秀 |
[44:45] | It’s lie as well as me, you dolt. | 用副词 你这个笨蛋 |
[44:48] | You want to be taken seriously, | 你想被引起重视 |
[44:50] | Then learn how to fuckin’ speak. | 就要先学会怎么说话 |
[44:53] | So the leprechaun looks up at the blonde | 于是小妖精抬头看着金发美女说 |
[44:55] | and says, “It may be yellow, lady, | “它可能是黄色的 小姐 |
[44:59] | but it’s sure no pot of gold.” | 但肯定不是一罐黄金” |
[45:04] | Nobody move! | 谁都不许动 |
[45:05] | United States Bureau of Internal Revenue. | 我们是美国国税局 |
[45:07] | – This is a private party! – This is a raid. | -这是场私人宴会 -这是突击搜查 |
[45:10] | – What the hell is this now? – Easy, dad. | -这是怎么回事 -别着急 老爸 |
[45:14] | Do you have any idea who these men are? | 在这里的都是什么人物你知道吗 |
[45:17] | This is a private party | 这是场私人宴会 |
[45:19] | and the mere consumption of alcohol is not illegal. | 微量的饮酒并不违法 |
[45:21] | Now I’m an attorney, and the Volstead Act clearly– | 我是律师 禁酒法案明确地 |
[45:30] | Would anyone else care to interfere | 还有谁敢出来妨碍 |
[45:32] | with the court-appointed duties of a federal agent? | 联邦探员执行公务 |
[45:37] | Stand down. | 别冲动 |
[45:41] | Anybody tries to make a run for it, | 谁要是敢逃跑 |
[45:44] | Shoot them. | 杀无赦 |
[46:01] | I have an arrest warrant. | 我有逮捕令 |
[46:08] | James Neary | 詹姆斯·内尔利 |
[46:10] | Of 1222 Chelsea avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey? | 新泽西市大西洋城切尔西大街壹贰贰贰号 |
[46:14] | You are Mr. James Neary? | 你是詹姆斯·内尔利先生吗 |
[46:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[46:19] | I have witness testimony that you knowingly and willingly | 我有证人指证你故意进行 |
[46:21] | stored and transported intoxicating liquors– | 酒精饮料的囤积和运输活动 |
[46:25] | A direct violation of the Volstead Act. | 直接违反了禁酒法案 |
[46:27] | – No, I don’t know what your– – Stand up! | -不 我不知道你们说什么 -站起来 |
[46:30] | You’re under arrest. | 你被逮捕了 |
[46:47] | This assembly is over. | 这次集会结束了 |
[46:48] | This establishment will be shuttered. | 此地将被关闭 |
[46:51] | Gather your belongings and disperse | 拿上你们自己的东西然后 |
[46:54] | in an orderly fashion. | 有秩序地离开 |
[46:57] | – Mr. Neary, how much liquor? – | -内尔利先生 你运了多少酒 |
[47:00] | Is there anything you want to say? | 你有什么想说的话吗 |
[47:01] | – Just one more picture. – Was he selling alcohol? | -就照一张相 -他在贩酒吗 |
[47:03] | – Who else is in there? – How many are being arrested? | -还有谁在那儿 -有多少人被逮捕了 |
[47:04] | Any comment, Mr. Ward boss? | 您有何见解 政治家先生 |
[47:06] | All ye who love your country | *尔等所有热爱国家* |
[47:10] | against the drink should stand, | *抵制酒的人要站起来* |
[47:14] | behold against this traffic | *将这种贩卖行为* |
[47:18] | your country’s greatest foe… | *视作国家最大的敌人* |
[47:21] | You gonna do something about this, Sheriff? | 您能做点什么吗 治安官 |
[47:23] | Let word and deed and ballot | *用言语和行动以及投票* |
[47:26] | proclaim that drink must go. | *宣告对酒的驱逐* |
[47:31] | Stand up for prohibition | *起来 尔等爱国之人* |
[47:34] | ye patriots of the land… | *拥护禁酒令* |
[47:38] | – Let’s go! – All ye who love your country… | -我们走 -*尔等热爱国家之人* |
[47:42] | – Go home to your families! – Bugger off, you harridans! | -回老家吧 -滚吧 你们这些泼妇 |
[47:45] | Disperse, all of you. | 快离开 所有的人都离开 |
[47:47] | Behold against this traffic | *将这种贩卖行为* |
[47:50] | your country’s greatest foe… | *视作国家最大的敌人* |
[47:55] | – Lock it up. – Move along. | -把它锁起来 -快走 |
[47:57] | And ballot | *以及投票* |
[47:59] | proclaim that drink must go. | *宣告对酒的驱逐* |
[48:03] | Stand up for prohibition | *起来 尔等护国之士* |
[48:07] | ye soldiers of the lord, | *拥护禁酒令* |
[48:11] | put on the gospel armor… | *披上福音之甲胄* |
[48:13] | Great night for the Irish, big brother. | 好一个爱尔兰之夜 哥哥 |
[48:16] | I’m sure you made quite an impression | 我肯定你给你那些共和党的朋友们 |
[48:18] | with your republican friends. | 留下了极其深刻的印象 |
[48:20] | Go home to your wife, Eli. | 回家陪老婆吧 伊莱 |
[48:22] | I will. | 我会回家的 |
[48:25] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[48:30] | What the fuck was that for? | 你他妈的干什么 |
[48:47] | I wish I was | *我多么渴望* |
[48:53] | in Carrickfergus. | *身在卡里克弗格斯* |
[48:59] | Only for nights, | *度过一个又一个夜晚* |
[49:04] | nights in Ballygrant, | *在巴利格兰特* |
[49:09] | I would swim over | *我可以游过* |
[49:15] | the deepest ocean, | *那深邃的海洋* |
[49:21] | the deepest ocean, | *那深邃的海洋* |
[49:26] | for my love to find. | *找回我的爱人* |
[49:31] | But the sea is wide… | *但这片海洋太宽阔* |
[49:35] | and I can’t swim over. | *我无力游过* |
[49:42] | Neither have | *亦没有* |
[49:46] | I wings to fly. | *翅膀让我飞翔* |
[49:52] | If I could find me | *如果我能寻觅到* |
[49:58] | a handsome boatman | *一位英俊的船夫* |
[50:03] | to ferry me over, | *载我过洋* |
[50:08] | over to my love and die. | *让我和所爱之人相见相守至死* |
[50:14] | My childhood days | *回忆我的童年* |
[50:19] | bring back sad reflections | *勾起昔日* |
[50:25] | of happy times | *美好时光的* |
[50:30] | spent so long ago. | *无限感伤* |
[50:35] | My boyhood friends… | *我童年的玩伴们* |
[50:41] | and my own relations… | *还有我所有的朋友* |
[50:47] | have all passed on now | *像雪一样融化消失* |
[50:52] | like the melting snow… | *现已不再* |
[50:54] | – Who is it? – Nucky Thompson. | -是谁 -努基·汤普森 |
[51:05] | Mr. Thompson? | 汤普森先生 |
[51:16] | Is there something you wanted? | 您需要什么吗 |
[51:19] | I’ve no time for games, Margaret– | 我没时间玩了 玛格丽特 |
[51:21] | No interest in them. | 没兴趣再玩了 |
[51:26] | Margaret? | 玛格丽特 |