| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [02:06] | What the fuck are you stopping for? | 你他妈停下来干嘛 | 
| [02:08] | – I’m hurting you. – You’re not hurting me. | -我弄伤你了 -你没有 | 
| [02:09] | But you told me to hurt you. | 但你让我弄伤你 | 
| [02:11] | Then fucking hurt me! | 妈的 那你快点啊 | 
| [02:30] | You okay? | 你没事吧 | 
| [02:35] | Mr. Rosetti? | 罗塞蒂先生 | 
| [02:37] | Gyp? | 吉普 | 
| [02:46] | Wet towel. | 湿毛巾 | 
| [02:54] | I headed up there as fast as I could. | 我尽快赶过去了 | 
| [02:57] | I tried to stop them, they wouldn’t listen. | 我想阻止他们 但是他们不听 | 
| [03:00] | ‘Cause Mickey– | 因为米奇 | 
| [03:02] | ’cause they were under orders to get you what you paid for. | 因为他们奉命运送你买的东西 | 
| [03:06] | – And yet you escaped. – We lost 11 men. | -不过你逃过一死 -我们死了十一个人 | 
| [03:09] | Was I supposed to get myself killed, too? | 我也应该去送死吗 | 
| [03:16] | Rosetti controls the roads in and out of Tabor Heights, | 罗塞蒂控制着进出塔博尔高地的路 | 
| [03:20] | taken up residence in the town, | 他在城里住下来了 | 
| [03:22] | commandeered the sheriff’s department. | 霸占了警长的房子 | 
| [03:24] | He burned the sheriff. | 他烧死了警长 | 
| [03:27] | There are other routes. | 还有其他的路 | 
| [03:28] | Don’t you think I’ve considered that? | 你以为我没考虑过么 | 
| [03:30] | How about your million dollar fucking highway? | 你那条操逼的百万高速路如何 | 
| [03:33] | Must you swear every time you speak? | 你每次开口都要说脏话吗 | 
| [03:35] | When did you become a Quaker? | 你什么时候变成贵客教徒了 | 
| [03:36] | Firstly, it’s no longer my highway, | 第一 那不再是我的高速路 | 
| [03:38] | and it costs considerably more than a million dollars. | 它也不止一百万 | 
| [03:41] | Secondly, it’s two years away from being finished. | 第二 路还有两年才完工 | 
| [03:43] | Thirdly, the other routes are not viable. | 第三 其他的路不可行 | 
| [03:47] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [03:48] | To truck the quantities you’re talking about– | 运送你要的货量… | 
| [03:52] | Sorry, I interrupted. | 抱歉 打断了你的话 | 
| [03:55] | Go on. | 继续 | 
| [03:57] | Well, between the mud and the ice | 路面有冰 而且泥泞 | 
| [04:01] | and the law, it’s more than we can manage. | 还有警察 我们处理不了 | 
| [04:04] | That’s correct. | 说得没错 | 
| [04:11] | Thanks for your input. | 谢谢你的消息 | 
| [04:24] | Let’s discuss our options. | 现在来共商权宜之计 | 
| [04:29] | Our options? | 共商 | 
| [04:30] | To solve this problem. | 解决这个问题 | 
| [04:32] | How long have you known Mr. Rosetti? | 你认识罗塞蒂先生多久了 | 
| [04:36] | A year or so. I don’t know. | 一年左右吧 记不清楚了 | 
| [04:37] | You were the one who introduced me. | 是你介绍我们认识的 | 
| [04:38] | He kicks up to Joe Masseria. | 他的老大是乔·马赫里亚 | 
| [04:41] | With whom I have a very delicate truce. | 我和他好不容易停战 | 
| [04:45] | – Over what? – That’s not your concern. | -停什么战 -不关你的事 | 
| [04:47] | But what might solve a problem for you creates | 如果解决了你的问题 | 
| [04:49] | a bigger one for me. | 那我的大问题就来了 | 
| [04:51] | And what would you do about a mad dog? | 那你怎么处置一条疯狗 | 
| [04:53] | Before anything else, I’d find out who its master was. | 打狗还请看狗主人是谁 | 
| [04:56] | Rosetti doesn’t respect any rules, Arnold. | 罗塞蒂不守规矩 阿诺德 | 
| [04:59] | That makes him bad for business, yours and mine. | 所以他不适合做你我的生意伙伴 | 
| [05:02] | I’d like to talk to Mr. Thompson in private, please. | 我想和汤普森先生单独谈谈 | 
| [05:14] | Bad for business? | 不适合做生意伙伴 | 
| [05:16] | – Isn’t it? – What would you know about it? | -不是吗 -你知道些什么 | 
| [05:18] | Conducting yours like some drunken shopkeeper. | 你的合伙人都像酒鬼一样 | 
| [05:21] | All right, Arnold. You’re allowed to blow off steam. | 好吧阿诺德 你可以发脾气 | 
| [05:23] | It’s not all right. | 一点都不好 | 
| [05:25] | Do you think I entered into this arrangement | 你觉得我和你做生意 | 
| [05:27] | because I value your companionship? | 是因为稀罕我们的情谊吗 | 
| [05:31] | You are a convenience of geography and supply. | 你 运输和供货都有门路 | 
| [05:36] | You promised a quantity and a price. | 你 答应供货 标定价格 | 
| [05:39] | You have failed to deliver. | 你 却没把货送到 | 
| [05:41] | And now, owing to your inability to manage your own affairs | 现在由于你在新泽西 | 
| [05:44] | in New Jersey, | 办事不力 | 
| [05:46] | a state I have little interest in or affection for, | 那个我毫无兴趣的地方 | 
| [05:49] | you expect me to start a war in New York | 你希望我在纽约这么重要的地方 | 
| [05:53] | where things actually matter? | 开战吗 | 
| [05:54] | I expect you to understand that Gyp Rosetti is trouble for everyone. | 我希望你明白 吉普·罗塞蒂是大家的麻烦 | 
| [05:58] | I lost an entire convoy. | 我失去了一个护卫队 | 
| [05:59] | Because of your own cavalierness. | 还不是因为你的疏忽 | 
| [06:03] | Because you run off to Manhattan at a moment’s notice | 还不是因为你跑去曼哈顿 | 
| [06:06] | to rut with some showgirl. | 和那个舞女风花雪月去了 | 
| [06:08] | You’d be wise to leave Miss Kent out of this. | 别把肯特小姐牵扯进来 | 
| [06:10] | Why? You can’t. | 为什么 你自己都撇不清 | 
| [06:11] | Do you even begin to understand how weak that makes you look? | 你知不知道 她让你显得多软弱 | 
| [06:15] | That’s a big noise from a man who’s dead below the waist. | 行将入土 还如此聒噪 | 
| [06:17] | – I practice discretion. – You practice bullshit. | -我行事慎重 -谨慎个屁 | 
| [06:19] | Who the fuck are you, Arnold? | 你是个什么东西 阿诺德 | 
| [06:21] | Aside from a little weasel with a good poker face? | 你不过是一个一脸假正经的阴险小人 | 
| [06:42] | – Charlie. – A.R. | -查理 -罗斯坦 | 
| [06:44] | Let’s move on to other business. | 我们走吧 | 
| [07:06] | Is there anything I need to know? | 有什么吩咐吗 | 
| [07:09] | What time is Billie’s rehearsal? | 贝莉什么时候彩排 | 
| [07:11] | 1:00. | 一点钟 | 
| [07:15] | Take me to the house. | 带我去吧 | 
| [07:35] | Say, Georgie, boss wants to see you. | 乔治 老板想要见你 | 
| [07:38] | Did you perch a bucket of water above his door jamb? | 你放了一桶水在他的门上吧 | 
| [07:43] | Suspicious son of a gun, ain’t ya? | 你个多疑的坏蛋 | 
| [07:45] | What does he want to see me about? | 他为什么想见我 | 
| [07:50] | Sounds like the feds finally caught up with you. | 好像联邦探员找上门来了 | 
| [08:09] | I got a call from the Bureau of Internal Revenue. | 我接到了税务局的电话 | 
| [08:17] | Where did you work before this? | 之前你在哪里工作 | 
| [08:23] | I thought I told you. | 我不是说过了吗 | 
| [08:26] | I owned a wheat farm. | 我有一个小麦农场 | 
| [08:29] | And where was this wheat farm exactly? | 农场在哪里 | 
| [08:33] | Minnesota. East of Ortonville. | 明尼苏达州 奥顿维尔以东 | 
| [08:38] | – Now how hard was that? – Sir? | -到底有多难啊 -什么意思 | 
| [08:41] | Your goshdang tax form, it was incomplete. | 你的纳税申报表格 没填好 | 
| [08:46] | I don’t have time for this nonsense, George. | 我没时间管你这么多 乔治 | 
| [08:48] | Your return is your own responsibility. | 你的申报是你自己的责任 | 
| [08:50] | Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Of course it is. | 是的先生 当然 | 
| [08:54] | Oh, George. A fellow left this for you. | 乔治 有人留给你这个 | 
| [08:57] | Says he met you in a speak. | 他说在夜店认识你 | 
| [09:01] | Not thinking of turning us in, are you? | 你不是想告发我们吧 | 
| [09:01] | 财政部 禁酒分队 埃米特·L·库格林 特工 | |
| [09:47] | Don’t stand on my account, Leander. | 不用陪我站着 利安德 | 
| [09:49] | It hurts too much to sit. | 坐下身上痛 | 
| [09:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [09:52] | Encroaching decrepitude. | 人渐渐老了嘛 | 
| [09:54] | I thought you Yankees were supposed to be stoic. | 我以为你们北方人都很坚忍 | 
| [09:57] | Do you know what consoles me? | 你知道什么让我宽慰么 | 
| [09:59] | I can’t imagine. | 不得而知 | 
| [10:00] | That this entire world will be overrun by corruption, | 世界将处处充斥着腐败 愚昧 背信弃义 | 
| [10:03] | ignorance, and perfidy, but I won’t be forced to witness it. | 而我不用见证这些 | 
| [10:07] | That does sound comforting. | 听起来是挺欣慰的 | 
| [10:10] | But perhaps we can talk about me now. | 现在谈谈我如何 | 
| [10:12] | I’ve got some marvelous ideas for the club that I’m eager to realize. | 我为俱乐部想了一些好点子 | 
| [10:16] | The traditional house of pleasure is hopelessly mired | 传统的妓院全都拘泥于 | 
| [10:20] | in an outdated, button-tufted– | 过时的钉纽扣式…. | 
| [10:22] | 2,100 a month in. | 月入二千一 | 
| [10:25] | 2,700 a month out. | 月出二千七 | 
| [10:27] | I do wish you’d let me finish. | 希望你让我说完 | 
| [10:28] | This is what you pay me to tell you. | 你付我钱 不就是让我算账吗 | 
| [10:30] | Your costs exceed your revenue. | 你现在是入不敷出 | 
| [10:32] | Every business takes time to find its footing. | 做生意 需要时间来打基础 | 
| [10:34] | And that cannot continue. | 这样可无法维持 | 
| [10:40] | The roof lets in buckets. That’s 800. | 屋顶漏水 修缮要八百元 | 
| [10:44] | There’s a crack in the foundation. That’s 1,000. | 地基有裂缝 要一千元 | 
| [10:47] | The sewer pipes collapsed. | 污水管破了 | 
| [10:48] | I haven’t had the stomach to get an estimate on that yet. | 我还没来得及估价 | 
| [10:51] | I need your help to arrange a loan to make it through to summer. | 我需要你帮我贷款 好撑到夏天 | 
| [10:56] | – It always picks up then. – Don’t you have a partner? | -到时候生意就好了 -你的合伙人呢 | 
| [10:59] | Mr. Luciano and I differ on how the club should be run. | 卢西亚诺先生在运作上和我有点异议 | 
| [11:02] | Then you have to resolve that. | 那你就和他商量吧 | 
| [11:07] | This place, Leander… | 利安德 这地方 | 
| [11:12] | it’s meant to be a dream. | 应该是一个梦幻之地 | 
| [11:16] | Every man who walks inside is young and handsome. | 来的人都是年轻英俊之才 | 
| [11:21] | Every girl is innocent, | 这里的女孩单纯 | 
| [11:23] | trusting, and devoted. | 守信 忠诚 | 
| [11:26] | The light is flattering, the air is perfumed, | 光线柔和 空气芬香 | 
| [11:30] | and nothing ever changes. | 一如既往 | 
| [11:33] | Who doesn’t need to believe that? | 谁不想沉醉在这里呢 | 
| [11:35] | Just for a little while? | 美梦一刻值千金 | 
| [11:37] | We’ve been through this, Gillian. | 吉莉安 我们已经讨论过了 | 
| [11:39] | – There’s the house for collateral. – You don’t own the house. | -这房子可以抵押 -这房子不是你的 | 
| [11:42] | – My son does. – Tommy is not your son. | -是我儿子的 -汤米不是你儿子 | 
| [11:44] | And in any case, he doesn’t own it either. | 总之 这房子也不是汤米的 | 
| [11:46] | – It’s in James’s name. – That’s who I’m talking about. | -房子是詹姆斯的 -他就是我儿子 | 
| [11:48] | Well, then, before anything else, | 首先 | 
| [11:51] | the process of having him declared dead– | 宣布他的死亡… | 
| [11:53] | – I really don’t see the point. – If you refuse to acknowledge– | -我不明白你想说什么 -如果你不承认 | 
| [11:56] | He’s prone to long disappearances. | 他可能只是失踪了 | 
| [11:58] | He’s always been an adventurous boy. | 他一向喜欢探险 | 
| [12:00] | Gillian! | 吉莉安 | 
| [12:02] | Until James is declared dead, | 只有詹姆斯确定死亡 | 
| [12:04] | you have no ownership. | 这房子才是你的 | 
| [12:06] | You have no title. You have no credit. | 你没有所有权 就不能贷款 | 
| [12:09] | And you’re wasting an old man’s time. | 你在浪费一个老人的时间 | 
| [12:34] | – What do you think? – Better. | -你觉得如何 -好多了 | 
| [12:36] | But, “Do you wish for greater knowledge?” | 不过 “你想学更多的知识吗” | 
| [12:40] | Well, don’t you? | 你不想吗 | 
| [12:41] | It sounds vaguely mystical. | 听起来很含糊 | 
| [12:43] | I can hardly write, “Come discuss your vagina.” | 我不能写”来讨论你的阴道” | 
| [12:47] | Couldn’t you put a picture on it somewhere? | 你可以印个图片在上面 | 
| [12:50] | Kittens, maybe. | 小猫就不错 | 
| [12:53] | Hello again. | 又见到你了 | 
| [12:55] | Ladies. | 女士们好 | 
| [12:57] | – Philip didn’t let you in? – Mr. Thompson used his key. | -菲利普怎么没通报 -汤普森先生开的门 | 
| [13:03] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪一会儿 | 
| [13:08] | Well, Mr. Sleater, do you wish for greater knowledge? | 斯雷特先生 你想学更多的知识吗 | 
| [13:11] | – You can take your hat off. – I’m not staying. | -把帽子摘了吧 -我一会儿就走 | 
| [13:14] | Actually, I have business out of town for a few days. | 我要去外地出差几天 | 
| [13:18] | You needn’t have come to tell me that. | 你不必专程跑来告诉我 | 
| [13:21] | Just wanted to make sure everything’s all right. | 我只想回来看看 好放心 | 
| [13:23] | – What’s going on? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 | 
| [13:25] | Then what is it you’re making sure about? | 那有什么不放心的 | 
| [13:27] | That my family is safe. Can’t I do that? | 不放心我家人的安全 可以吗 | 
| [13:30] | Are there to be bodyguards again? | 又要安排保镖吗 | 
| [13:33] | Don’t give me that look, please. | 别用那样的眼神看着我 拜托 | 
| [13:35] | – What look? – The one that says you know what I’m thinking. | -什么眼神 -看穿我的思想 | 
| [13:37] | The state of my soul. What I had for breakfast. | 看穿我的灵魂 甚至知道我早餐吃的什么 | 
| [13:41] | I’m fairly certain what you had for breakfast. | 我知道你早餐吃的什么 | 
| [13:44] | The rest I wouldn’t dare speculate about. | 其他的我根本不敢揣测 | 
| [13:47] | Will you answer my question? | 回答我的问题好吗 | 
| [13:48] | It’s just a precaution. There’s no cause for concern. | 只是预防措施 没必要担忧 | 
| [13:52] | And it makes me feel better. Where are the children? | 这样我心理也安稳些 孩子们呢 | 
| [13:55] | Out with Lillian. | 跟莉莲出去了 | 
| [13:58] | Is that dangerous? | 会有危险吗 | 
| [13:59] | No. I just thought I’d– | 不会 我只是觉得… | 
| [14:02] | anyway, I bought them each a copy | 不管它 两个孩子一人一本 | 
| [14:06] | so there’s no fighting. | 免得他们打架 | 
| [14:15] | What was that about? | 怎么回事 | 
| [14:18] | He worries sometimes. | 他有时候会焦虑 | 
| [14:24] | He couldn’t figure it out either. | 他也猜不出意思 | 
| [14:27] | What? | 什么 | 
| [14:30] | The committee calls Treasury Secretary | 委员会传讯财务部长 | 
| [14:33] | Mr. Andrew W. Mellon. | 安德鲁·W·梅隆先生 | 
| [14:57] | I am ready. | 我准备好了 | 
| [14:59] | Thank you for taking the time to come here today, Secretary Mellon. | 感谢您百忙之中前来 梅隆部长 | 
| [15:04] | I assume there is something you wanted to ask me. | 我想你们是有话要问我 | 
| [15:06] | Indeed there is. | 的确如此 | 
| [15:08] | Could you speak to the committee | 请您对委员会陈述 | 
| [15:10] | concerning your views on the state of Prohibition at this time? | 您对禁酒令当前状况的看法 | 
| [15:15] | My views on that subject are well known. | 我的看法众所皆知 | 
| [15:17] | Nonetheless, could you summarize, Mr. Secretary? | 尽管如此 请您做总结性陈述 部长先生 | 
| [15:22] | Setting aside my own personal view | 先不谈我个人对迎合少数人需求 | 
| [15:25] | as to the questionable wisdom of pandering to the demands of a minority, | 这种行为是否理智的存疑 | 
| [15:31] | I believe I have been quite clear that the cost | 我相信我已经清晰地计算出 | 
| [15:34] | of effectively policing this act would be somewhere in the amount | 维持这一法令有效实行的费用 | 
| [15:37] | of 28 millions of dollars per annum… | 在每年两千八百万美元左右 | 
| [15:42] | approximately five times what Congress has seen fit to authorize. | 几乎是国会此前认定可接受的金额的五倍 | 
| [15:48] | Would you not consider that, sir, throwing good money after bad? | 先生 您是否认为这是在花钱打水漂 | 
| [15:51] | That is a question that would have been better asked | 这个问题应当在一九一九年 | 
| [15:54] | before the amendment was voted on in 1919. | 修正案投票之前提出来 | 
| [15:57] | May I remind my fellow senators | 请允许我提醒各位参议员同僚 | 
| [15:59] | that the focus of these hearings is not enforcement, | 本次听证会的目的在于执行 | 
| [16:02] | but prosecution? | 而非强制 | 
| [16:05] | In that case, | 如果是这样 | 
| [16:07] | you are speaking to the wrong man. | 你们找错人了 | 
| [16:09] | Oh, we fully intend to call Attorney General Daugherty | 本委员会有意传讯 | 
| [16:11] | before this committee. | 总检察长达赫提 | 
| [16:14] | But what we’re seeking today is a sense of to what degree | 我们今天想要搞清楚的是 | 
| [16:17] | the efforts by your bureau may or may not | 您的部门在何种程度上 | 
| [16:20] | be undermined by the Department of Justice. | 是否受到司法部的阻挠 | 
| [16:23] | You have been presented with tables | 我提供了一份数据材料 | 
| [16:27] | laying out the number of arrests versus the number of convictions? | 里面列出了逮捕人数和最终定罪人数的对比 | 
| [16:42] | Yes, we have it right here. | 是的 材料就在这里 | 
| [16:43] | Then you are free to draw your own conclusions. | 那么你们可以自己得出结论 | 
| [16:46] | I don’t see what all this pussyfooting is for. | 在这里大费周章搞什么名堂 | 
| [16:48] | Mr. Mellon, are we talking about gross incompetence | 梅隆先生 您在暗示司法部内部 | 
| [16:51] | inside the Justice Department or widespread corruption? | 普遍不作为 大范围腐败吗 | 
| [16:56] | It is my experience that human nature leaves ample room for both. | 我的经验是 人性使得这两者容易滋生 | 
| [17:14] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 | 
| [17:15] | I believe your left shoelace is in a state of dishabille. | 恐怕您的左脚鞋带有点问题 | 
| [17:25] | Now Mellon is in there talking to them. | 梅隆正在里面跟他们谈话 | 
| [17:27] | I ascertained that already, Harvey. | 这一点我早就查实了 哈维 | 
| [17:29] | But what is he talking about? | 他都说了些什么 | 
| [17:32] | Your boss’s dirty hands. | 您上司的贪赃舞弊 | 
| [17:58] | – Hold it! – Can we stop? | -停 -停下停下 | 
| [17:59] | – Iron out the steps there, Vern. – Yup. | -这里的舞步重排 弗恩 -好 | 
| [18:02] | By the piano, please. Move by the piano. | 请到钢琴边上去 钢琴边上 | 
| [18:05] | – It is not you. – It is not you. | -不是你的错 -不是你 | 
| [18:07] | – Gonna go from right before the dip. – Okay. | -点前先向右 -好的 | 
| [18:09] | You’re leaning in here. Going primp out, | 这边靠过来 打开 | 
| [18:12] | into the dip, stay over the left leg. | 转过来 停在左腿上 | 
| [18:14] | Look at me, darling. Much better that way. | 看着我 亲爱的 这样好多了 | 
| [18:17] | Here, let’s go into the next section. | 来吧 我们来下一幕 | 
| [18:19] | Please pay attention. Left foot coming down the hill. | 请注意 左脚下山 | 
| [18:21] | Here it goes five, six, seven. | 开始 五 六 七 | 
| [18:26] | Round two, and… | 第二圈 | 
| [18:29] | Pardon me. | 抱歉 | 
| [18:30] | But would you mind waking me up if something happens? | 有事的话叫醒我好吗 | 
| [18:34] | Isn’t it supposed to be a comedy? | 这不是喜剧吗 | 
| [18:41] | Well, I thought I’d put something in. | 我本想加个动作 | 
| [18:44] | What are you going to tell Shubert? | 你打算怎么跟舒伯特说 | 
| [18:46] | That I’ve seen worse. | 我见过更糟的场面 | 
| [18:48] | Although that usually involves a funeral. | 虽然更糟的就是葬礼了 | 
| [18:49] | – What about Billie? – It’s not her fault. | -贝莉怎么样 -不是她的错 | 
| [18:51] | She puts it over in spades. | 她相当出色 | 
| [18:54] | But when they decided to call it “The Naughty Virgin,” | 可是他们定下剧名《风流处女》的时候 | 
| [18:56] | I don’t think they had the male lead in mind. | 肯定没把男主角考虑进去 | 
| [19:04] | What about the other one? | 另一个呢 | 
| [19:07] | Vern? I’ve worked with him. | 弗恩吗 我跟他共事过 | 
| [19:13] | Did he put his hands on your waist? | 他也把手放在你腰上吗 | 
| [19:15] | I’ll never tell. | 我是不会告诉你的 | 
| [19:17] | Very nice. Please stay by the piano. | 很好 请留在钢琴旁边 | 
| [19:19] | Do you think there’s something going on there? | 你说这里面是不是有问题 | 
| [19:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [19:24] | Look at her. | 你看她 | 
| [19:26] | That’s a frisky little pony. | 俏皮的小马驹 | 
| [19:29] | But the other one– | 可是那一个 | 
| [19:31] | what do they call a horse when they cut off his kishkes? | 割掉蛋子的马叫什么来着 | 
| [19:34] | A gelding. | 骟马 | 
| [19:35] | And there’s nothing naughty about that. | 骟马可风流不起来 | 
| [19:54] | Both are now napping. | 孩子们在打盹 | 
| [19:57] | When they’re down for the night you say sleeping, dear. | 到了晚上要说”睡觉” 亲爱的 | 
| [20:00] | Napping means just a short while. | 打盹是指短时间睡着 | 
| [20:04] | I am sleeping. They are napping. | 我在睡觉 他们在打盹 | 
| [20:08] | How are you? | 你怎么样 | 
| [20:10] | I am hunky-dory. | 我非常好 | 
| [20:12] | I enjoyed a motion pic”– | 我看了一场电影 | 
| [21:01] | 美国财政部税务局 艾米特·考夫林探员 | |
| [21:13] | Is everything not hunky-dory? | 有什么不好的事吗 | 
| [21:18] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 | 
| [21:27] | I have not been completely honest about my past. | 我对我的过去 并不完全诚实 | 
| [21:32] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [21:33] | You can’t know, dear. | 你不可能知道 亲爱的 | 
| [21:34] | Yeah, I can. | 不 我知道 | 
| [21:37] | Your name is not your name | 你的名字不是真名 | 
| [21:41] | because the bad persons, they’ve said words about you. | 因为那些坏人 说你的坏话 | 
| [21:45] | That you have stealed | 说你偷过东西 | 
| [21:47] | and that you have lied. | 还撒过谎 | 
| [21:50] | That you have done terrible things. | 说你做过可怕的事 | 
| [21:53] | I know all this. | 我都知道 | 
| [21:57] | – I– – You did not do them. | -我… -你没有做坏事 | 
| [22:01] | They blame you to hide themselves. | 他们怪到你头上 为了掩饰自己 | 
| [22:04] | That is why we ran so far. | 所以我们才要跑这么远 | 
| [22:08] | So the bad persons | 这样那些坏人 | 
| [22:10] | do not find us. | 就找不到我们 | 
| [22:16] | That is… | 这… | 
| [22:19] | exactly what I was going to say. | 正是我要对你说的 | 
| [22:28] | And now we can follow the journey through the Fallopian tubes | 现在我们可以看到 沿着输卵管 | 
| [22:32] | as the fertilized egg moves down to the uterus | 受精卵进入子宫 | 
| [22:35] | where it implants, causing the woman to become… with child. | 并在那里着床 女人便…有了孩子 | 
| [22:41] | Tomorrow evening, we’ll discuss the signs of preg– | 明晚 我们讲讨论怀…有孩子 | 
| [22:46] | being with child and the development of the baby in the womb. | 的预兆以及胎儿在子宫中的发育 | 
| [22:49] | And hopefully we’ll put to rest some of our more cherished superstitions. | 希望可以解开我们心中更多的疑虑 | 
| [22:54] | Thank you all for coming. | 多谢各位光临 | 
| [22:59] | I wish someone had told me all this when I was 13. | 真希望十三岁时有人给我讲过这些 | 
| [23:02] | I wouldn’t have thought I was dying. | 我就不会以为自己要死了 | 
| [23:04] | I’m glad you found the class helpful. | 你能从课程中获益我很欣慰 | 
| [23:16] | Not quite the turnout we’d hoped for. | 并不如我们的预期 | 
| [23:18] | I’ve had new flyers made. I’ll distribute them tomorrow. | 我找人做了新宣传页 明天就去发 | 
| [23:21] | I suppose I should have told you this earlier, | 我想我应该早些说出口 | 
| [23:23] | but I misjudged you, Mrs. Thompson. | 我对您多有误解 汤普森夫人 | 
| [23:29] | I am sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [23:34] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你的道歉 | 
| [23:40] | So, tomorrow evening? | 明晚见 | 
| [23:44] | Tomorrow evening. | 明晚见 | 
| [23:50] | I’m sorry. Class just finished. | 抱歉 课程已经结束了 | 
| [23:53] | – There will be another one– – Helen, this is Mrs. Thompson. | -下一场授课… -海伦 这是汤普森夫人 | 
| [23:56] | Mrs. Thompson, this is Helen Russell, my fiancee. | 汤普森夫人 这是海伦·拉塞尔 我的未婚妻 | 
| [24:00] | Pleased to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴认识您 | 
| [24:03] | Lovely to meet you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 | 
| [24:08] | Good night, now. | 晚安 | 
| [24:18] | You’re nervous. | 你很紧张 | 
| [24:23] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说 | 
| [24:24] | You rub the top of your middle finger with the tip of your thumb. | 你在用中指弹拇指尖 | 
| [24:31] | I don’t like that it’s out of our hands. | 我不喜欢事情脱离我们掌控 | 
| [24:33] | If it goes the wrong way, | 如果事情不如意 | 
| [24:35] | then someone else is to blame. | 就怪罪别人 | 
| [24:37] | As you wish. | 如你所愿 | 
| [24:44] | That was me knocking. | 是我在敲门 | 
| [24:45] | Thank you for informing me. | 多谢你的解释 | 
| [24:47] | Miss Kent. | 肯特小姐 | 
| [24:51] | I’m interrupting. | 打扰你们了 | 
| [24:53] | I’d say I am. | 是我打扰 | 
| [24:55] | – Stay by your phone. – Aye. | -守着电话 -是 | 
| [24:58] | Miss Kent. | 肯特小姐 | 
| [24:59] | I look forward to seeing you on stage. | 期待看到您舞台上的表演 | 
| [25:01] | Don’t get your hopes up. | 别抱太大期望 | 
| [25:03] | I mean, thank you. | 我的意思是 谢谢 | 
| [25:08] | – Rehearsal’s done already? – You could say that. | -彩排这么快就结束了 -可以这么说 | 
| [25:11] | I could say a lot of things. | 可以说的事情很多呢 | 
| [25:24] | Shubert’s closing us here. | 舒伯特准备就此打住 | 
| [25:26] | End of the week. | 这周末 | 
| [25:28] | Three more previews and back to our garrets. | 再排三场 我们就走人 | 
| [25:35] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 | 
| [25:37] | Everyone keeps saying that. | 大家都这么说 | 
| [25:40] | It’s making me worried. | 弄得我很不安 | 
| [25:43] | That ox they cast you with. | 那只跟你排练的蠢牛 | 
| [25:45] | He never hurt anyone. | 他又没妨碍过谁 | 
| [25:46] | Why doesn’t Shubert find another actor? | 舒伯特怎么不换个男演员 | 
| [25:49] | Who’d you have in mind? | 你觉得谁合适 | 
| [25:52] | The choreographer. | 编舞 | 
| [25:55] | He looks like he knows what he’s doing. | 看上去很懂行 | 
| [25:56] | Vern? | 弗恩 | 
| [25:58] | He’s nobody’s idea of a star. | 没人会把他当明星 | 
| [26:03] | Let’s face it, neither am I. | 面对现实吧 我也不是明星 | 
| [26:15] | Why don’t I talk to Lee? | 不如我跟李谈谈 | 
| [26:19] | Don’t. | 不要 | 
| [26:20] | New actor, new script, new songs. | 新演员 新剧本 新歌 | 
| [26:24] | It happens, doesn’t it? | 这也是常有的事嘛 | 
| [26:26] | – Gus. – I’ll call him right now. | -古斯 -我现在就给他打电话 | 
| [26:27] | I just wanted to complain. That’s all. | 我只是想抱怨几句 没什么的 | 
| [26:33] | Well, let’s go drop a boatload at dinner. | 我们出去好好吃一顿 | 
| [26:38] | If it’s all right with you, I’d rather just close my eyes. | 如果你不介意 我只想闭眼睡觉 | 
| [26:43] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [26:48] | Know what I hate the most? | 知道我最讨厌什么吗 | 
| [26:51] | I keep hearing my father’s voice. | 我一直能听到我爸爸说 | 
| [26:55] | “Always on the move, but going nowhere fast.” | “一直在努力 从未有进步” | 
| [27:11] | – Hey, let me have one of those. – Yeah, sure. | -给我一份 -好的 | 
| [27:14] | I’d get lost in all these fields here. | 这边的事真是让我无所适从 | 
| [27:17] | It wasn’t the money, believe me. | 相信我 不是因为钱 | 
| [27:19] | Though I’d be lying if I said it didn’t sting. | 如果我说不心痛那是假的 | 
| [27:22] | It was his attitude mostly. | 主要是他的态度 | 
| [27:24] | The arrogance. | 太傲慢了 | 
| [27:25] | Hubris the Greeks call it. | 希腊人管这个叫狂妄 | 
| [27:28] | Well, look what happened to them. | 看看希腊人的下场 | 
| [27:30] | Conquered by Italians. Just like Nucky. | 被意大利人征服了 就像努基一样 | 
| [27:33] | At New Year’s, Nucky’s party, | 努基的新年派对上 | 
| [27:36] | I said some things I shouldn’t have. | 我的确说错话了 | 
| [27:38] | I have thick skin, Mr. Rosetti. | 我脸皮很厚的 罗塞蒂先生 | 
| [27:41] | Quite pale, as you can see, but very thick. | 虽然很苍白 但是很厚 | 
| [27:44] | – Sticks and stones, huh? – I’m glad you see it that way. | -有石板那么厚吗 -您说有就有吧 | 
| [27:46] | Couldn’t do business otherwise. | 不然怎么做生意 | 
| [27:48] | Which brings us here tonight. | 不然今晚我们也无缘再见 | 
| [27:50] | In light of recent developments, it appears I’m short a supplier. | 最近的一系列事件 让我手里的货源有些短缺 | 
| [27:55] | Well, you are in luck. | 算你走运 | 
| [27:56] | Tabor Heights, or as I like to call it, | 塔博尔高地 或者按我喜欢的名字叫 | 
| [27:59] | my little slice of paradise, | 我的小天堂 | 
| [28:01] | happens to be located on the same ocean | 刚好坐落在以前 | 
| [28:03] | that Nucky Thompson used to control. | 努基控制的海滩上 | 
| [28:05] | Now I’ll have the same boats, same booze. | 我有一样的船 一样的货 | 
| [28:07] | Hell, I’ll even give you the same price. | 我甚至给你一样的价格 | 
| [28:10] | We’re even 60 miles closer to New York. | 而且还比他们近六十英里 | 
| [28:12] | I only want the genuine article. | 我只想要最纯的货 | 
| [28:15] | I have no use for anything less. | 劣质货根本没用 | 
| [28:20] | – Is that today’s? – Yeah, evening edition. | -是今天的吗 -是的 晚报 | 
| [28:23] | Give me one. | 给我一份 | 
| [28:32] | Thanks, mister. | 谢谢 先生 | 
| [28:36] | I thought you said this was today’s. | 你说这是今天的 | 
| [28:39] | All this stuff happened yesterday. | 但上面写的都是昨天的事 | 
| [28:42] | Well, sure. That’s– | 是啊 这个 | 
| [28:55] | I had you there for a second. | 把你骗了 | 
| [28:58] | From now on, room 207 at the Kinneret Lodge. | 从现在开始 加里利旅馆二零七房间 | 
| [29:01] | – Add me to your route. – You betcha. | -每天给我送一份 -好的 | 
| [29:08] | Tomorrow, just after midnight, | 明天 午夜过后 | 
| [29:10] | 600 cases of whiskey coming in. | 有六百箱威士忌到港 | 
| [29:13] | Come around if you want, sample it for yourselves. | 想要的话就来吧 随便取样品尝 | 
| [29:22] | – Salud. – Salud. | -干杯 -干杯 | 
| [29:35] | That’s it, I surrender. | 好了 我投降 | 
| [29:37] | Keep feeding me like that, I’ll lose my girlish figure. | 再这么给我上吃的 我就没法装淑女了 | 
| [29:40] | Tapeworms, that’s my secret. | 绦虫 这是我的秘诀 | 
| [29:51] | For you. | 给你的 | 
| [29:54] | Passover vodka? | 逾越节伏特加 | 
| [29:56] | Very thoughtful, Nucky. | 非常有想法 努基 | 
| [29:58] | Think He’ll mind if a Catholic takes a shot? | 我也信教 上帝不介意我喝一杯吧 | 
| [30:01] | L’chaim. | 致生活 | 
| [30:04] | – What does that mean again? – To life. | -什么意思来着 -致生活 | 
| [30:06] | In fact, I’ve got an uncle doing 10 years l’chaim up in Sing Sing. | 其实我有个叔叔在纽约州立监狱蹲了十年的牢 | 
| [30:25] | That’d get you through 40 years in the desert. | 这一口够在沙漠里撑四十年了 | 
| [30:29] | You know what that show needs? | 你知道那节目需要什么吗 | 
| [30:31] | Some dub prancing around like a schvartze? | 需要有人脱光衣服学黑鬼跳舞吗 | 
| [30:33] | Oh, no, sir! Oh! | 不要 先生 不要 | 
| [30:36] | It needs a star. | 需要明星 | 
| [30:39] | It needs you. | 也就是你 | 
| [30:41] | I don’t disagree. | 我不反对 | 
| [30:47] | – Then you’ll do it. – Come again? | -那你就上吧 -您说什么 | 
| [30:49] | You’re going to star in “The Naughty Virgin.” Congratulations. | 你要出演《风流处女》了 恭喜 | 
| [30:52] | Oh, I can’t. I have a commitment. | 恐怕不行 我有约在身 | 
| [30:55] | Kern’s new show in New York. I start rehearsals next week. | 科恩在纽约的新戏 下周开始排练 | 
| [30:57] | – Well, postpone it. – Contracts are signed. | -推掉 -我已经签合同了 | 
| [31:00] | The theater’s booked. Besides, it’s a great show. | 剧院都选好了 再说 那演出也不错 | 
| [31:02] | I’ll make it worth your while if that’s your concern. | 我可以保证你的决定十分超值 | 
| [31:04] | It’s not about money. I’ve given my word. | 不是钱的问题 我已经答应别人了 | 
| [31:07] | That’s easy to straighten out. | 这很容易解决 | 
| [31:08] | Nuck, please. | 别这样 努基 | 
| [31:10] | I’d rather you didn’t do that. | 我希望你不要这么做 | 
| [31:20] | Well, you can’t blame me for trying. | 至少我试过了 | 
| [31:25] | Heck, Billie’s gonna come out fine. | 贝莉不会有事的 | 
| [31:27] | You’ll see. I mean, it’s not like she wrote it. | 过一阵就好了 她前途很不错的 | 
| [31:31] | – Tough game, isn’t it? – Show business? | -生意不好做啊 -演出的生意吗 | 
| [31:34] | You know what they say, dying is easy. | 大伙都这么说 生不如死 | 
| [31:39] | Good luck with the new one. I’ll be fifth row center. | 祝你新剧演出顺利 我会订第五排中间的位子 | 
| [31:44] | I knew you’d understand. | 我知道你能理解我 | 
| [31:47] | And thanks for lunch. | 谢谢你的款待 | 
| [31:51] | Eddie. | 埃迪 | 
| [31:54] | Forgot your vodka. | 忘记拿你的伏特加 | 
| [32:01] | L’chaim. | 致生活 | 
| [32:20] | They pray to that fat fuck? | 他们拜那个胖子吗 | 
| [32:21] | It’s a symbol of enlightenment. | 他是启迪的象征 | 
| [32:29] | New shipment of heroin. That ought to make Rothstein happy. | 新到的海洛因 罗斯坦肯定高兴 | 
| [32:33] | It’s the other one I’m worried about. | 我担心的是另一个 | 
| [32:35] | What, Masseria? Fuck him. | 马赫里亚吗 去他的吧 | 
| [32:41] | Let me see. | 给我看看 | 
| [32:50] | Last two numbers are still visible. | 最后两位数还是看得见 | 
| [32:52] | My hand hurts. | 我磨的手疼 | 
| [32:53] | Once they’re filed off, lightly stipple the area with a punch. | 磨掉之后 在原来的地方打几个点 | 
| [32:57] | Lightly. You don’t want to damage the frame. | 轻点 别把枪弄坏了 | 
| [33:01] | A lot of fuss for nothing. | 真是白费力气 | 
| [33:02] | – You’re an expert now? – I’ve done it plenty of times. | -你现在也成内行了 -我干过无数次了 | 
| [33:07] | Well, then one more shouldn’t be a problem. | 那再干一次也没什么问题 | 
| [33:15] | Women’s health clinic. St. Theresa’s. | 女性健康诊所 圣特蕾莎医院 | 
| [33:17] | – Women’s health clinic. – It’s the Dawson’s Dancing Dolls. | -女性健康诊所 -道森家的舞娘 | 
| [33:20] | Women’s health clinic. St. Theresa’s Hospital. | 女性健康诊所 圣特蕾莎医院 | 
| [33:22] | – Free to all. – You’ve never seen anything like ’em, sir. | -完全免费 -有史以来最火辣的舞娘 | 
| [33:24] | 8:30 this evening at The Funny Place. How are you? | 今晚八点半在乐趣馆 | 
| [33:28] | Women’s health clinic. St. Theresa’s Hospital. Free to all. | 女性健康诊所 圣特蕾莎医院 完全免费 | 
| [33:31] | You’ve never seen anything like ’em. | 有史以来最火辣的舞娘 | 
| [33:33] | Women’s health clinic. St. Theresa’s Hospital. | 女性健康诊所 圣特蕾莎医院 | 
| [33:35] | 8:30 this evening at The Funny Place. Thank you, sir. | 今晚八点半在乐趣馆 谢谢你 先生 | 
| [33:40] | Bring some friends. Dawson’s Dancing Dolls. | 带朋友来看吧 道森家的舞娘 | 
| [33:42] | They’re dimpled, they’re darling. Oh, they are delightful. | 又丰满 又可人 天啊 真是妙不可言 | 
| [33:47] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [33:52] | Marguerite. | 玛格丽特 | 
| [33:54] | An unexpected pleasure. | 真是意外之喜 | 
| [33:56] | How are you, Madame Jeunet? | 茱内特夫人 近来可好 | 
| [33:58] | I am well. Very well, yes. But we are closed. | 非常好 但是我们打烊了 | 
| [34:01] | – Halas. – I’m sorry? | -可惜啊 -您说什么 | 
| [34:03] | The spring dresses are arriving. | 春装马上到 | 
| [34:05] | Beautiful they will be. Comme dans un reve. | 非常美丽 如梦似幻 | 
| [34:08] | You must see them, but tomorrow. | 明天您一定要来看看 | 
| [34:10] | I’ve no doubt they’re lovely. | 肯定很漂亮 | 
| [34:12] | But actually, I’m here to ask a favor. | 但我来是想请您帮忙的 | 
| [34:14] | It is granted, whatever it is. | 当然 不管是什么忙 | 
| [34:16] | But when you come back, yes? | 等你再来的时候是么 | 
| [34:18] | If I could just leave some of these here | 我想把传单留在这里一些 | 
| [34:21] | for any customer that might be interested. | 如果有顾客感兴趣就发给他们 | 
| [34:23] | C’est primordial. I take them. | 没问题 留给我吧 | 
| [34:25] | Come back when all is ready. | 等到货之后一定回来看看 | 
| [34:27] | I think she’d prefer something– | 她应该更喜欢 | 
| [34:36] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 | 
| [34:38] | Yes. I– | 是的 我 | 
| [34:40] | Your plans have changed, clearly. | 显然你的计划有变 | 
| [34:42] | – That is what happened. – He expected to be out of town. | -正是这样 -他说他要去外地 | 
| [34:45] | But he was able to stay at home after all. | 但他还是想尽办法留在了家里 | 
| [34:47] | Look, Margaret, I… | 玛格丽特 你看 | 
| [34:52] | Well? I’m looking. | 怎么了 我看着呢 | 
| [34:55] | Gus, it’s all too fancy for me. | 古斯 这些衣服都太华丽了 | 
| [34:58] | Why don’t we just– | 我们还是 | 
| [35:02] | Gosh. | 天啊 | 
| [35:07] | – This is– – Miss Kent. | -这是 -肯特小姐 | 
| [35:10] | Your friends call you Billie. | 你的朋友都叫你贝莉 | 
| [35:12] | Guess that won’t be happening here. | 不过这里没人会这么叫我了 | 
| [35:14] | Why don’t we discuss this later? | 我们晚上谈谈吧 | 
| [35:18] | There’s no need. | 算了吧 | 
| [35:26] | I doubt that you’re free in the evenings, but… | 我觉得你晚上应该没空 但是 | 
| [35:53] | Well, that’s service. I haven’t even called for a cab yet. | 服务真周到 我还没叫出租车呢 | 
| [35:55] | – How’s that? – I travel light. | -怎么回事 -我带的行李少 | 
| [35:57] | Never know when you’ll have to leave town in a hurry. | 说不定就要远行了 | 
| [35:59] | – Just give me 10 minutes. – Ain’t a cabbie. | -给我十分钟 -我们不是的哥 | 
| [36:02] | – Oh, you ain’t, ain’t you? – No, sir. | -原来不是啊 -不是 | 
| [36:09] | Listen, fellas, I– are you sure you’ve got the right room? | 兄弟们 你们没走错房间吧 | 
| [36:12] | You Eddie Cantor, ain’t you? | 埃迪·康托尔是吧 | 
| [36:15] | Depends how big the bill is. | 看你们要多少钱了 | 
| [36:17] | We’re affiliated with Mr. Thompson. | 我们是为汤普森先生办事的 | 
| [36:23] | You’re Milky, isn’t it? | 你叫米奇是吧 | 
| [36:28] | Chalky. | 朝琪 | 
| [36:31] | See, when you come to town, | 你看 你的演出 | 
| [36:32] | we never do get a chance to see you strut. | 我们总是错过 | 
| [36:34] | On account of the rules of the venue. | 因为路上的事 | 
| [36:37] | Oh, boys, let me tell you, that’s an outrage. | 小伙子们 这确实让人恼火 | 
| [36:39] | You come to New York, I personally guarantee you the best box. | 去纽约吧 我保证让你大饱眼福 | 
| [36:42] | Ain’t gonna be able to do that. | 我们不去纽约 | 
| [36:44] | But Mr. Thompson, he say come by. | 汤普森先生倒是要我们过来 | 
| [36:47] | Maybe you do a little show for us. | 说你要演个节目 | 
| [36:49] | Well, I wish I had the time. | 可惜我没时间啊 | 
| [36:51] | Said you had 10 minutes. | 你不是说有十分钟么 | 
| [36:55] | Look, um… | 这个 | 
| [36:57] | Mr. White. | 怀特先生 | 
| [36:59] | And Mr. Purnsley. | 还有珀斯利先生 | 
| [37:02] | I explained to Nucky. He means the world to me. | 我跟努基解释过了 他对我非常重要 | 
| [37:05] | I just can’t walk away from a contract. | 但是签了的合同没法反悔 | 
| [37:07] | He, of all people, understands– | 他最理解 | 
| [37:09] | Any particular place you like us to sit? | 你要我们坐哪 | 
| [37:15] | Right there is good. | 这就行 | 
| [37:27] | Usually work a bigger room. | 没在这么小的地方演过 | 
| [37:29] | We simple folk. | 我们喜欢从简 | 
| [37:35] | Make it something funny. | 演的好笑点 | 
| [37:46] | *A boy and girl were walking A-walking, yes, walking* | *男孩女孩走在路上 在路上* | 
| [37:49] | *And as he stood there talking, he stole a little kiss. Mua!* | *他们停下聊天 男孩偷偷亲了女孩* | 
| [37:53] | *The girlie starting giggling, oh, giggling Yes, giggling* | *女孩开始偷笑 偷笑 偷笑啊偷笑* | 
| [37:59] | *And as he stood there wiggling He shyly told her this* | *他在那里扭扭捏捏 偷偷告诉她* | 
| [38:02] | *Oh, gee, oh, gosh Oh, golly, I’m in love* | *天啊 地啊 我爱上你了* | 
| [38:07] | *Oh, gee, oh, gosh It’s you I’m thinking of* | *天啊 地啊 我心里只有你* | 
| [38:11] | *I love to hold your teeny weeny hand in mine…* | *我想握住你的小手* | 
| [38:18] | *I get a piggly wiggly feeling down my spine…* | *但又思前想后 不敢伸手* | 
| [38:26] | *Oh, me, oh, my Oh, how I love…* | *天啊 地啊 我多么* | 
| [38:35] | Tell the son of the bitch I’ll do it. | 告诉那混蛋我演了 | 
| [39:01] | You said 5:30. | 你说五点半的 | 
| [39:03] | I took the roundabout way to elude the baying hounds. | 兜了个圈子 甩掉了几条猎狗 | 
| [39:07] | What hounds? Were you followed? | 什么猎狗 你被跟踪了么 | 
| [39:10] | A verbal flourish, Mr. Smith. | 这是修辞手法 史密斯先生 | 
| [39:12] | What happened over there? There’s nothing in the paper. | 那边怎么样了 报纸什么都没说 | 
| [39:14] | Well, it was a closed hearing, | 听证会不开放 | 
| [39:16] | but not without its points of interest. | 但我知道了问询要点 | 
| [39:18] | There was an admiral of the Coast Guard. | 有个海岸警卫队的队长 | 
| [39:21] | Rather dashing in his dress whites. | 穿着白色制服的 | 
| [39:23] | A district supervisor from the Bureau of Prohibition | 还有个禁酒局的高层 | 
| [39:27] | with a stain of some nature on his pants cuff. | 裆部沾了不知道什么东西 | 
| [39:31] | And the Secretary of the Treasury soberly attired in dark wool. | 还有盛装出席的财政部长 | 
| [39:35] | I don’t care what they were wearing. What did Mellon say? | 我不管他们穿什么 梅隆说什么了 | 
| [39:38] | I would not call him a staunch ally of the Justice Department. | 他对司法部门不是很配合 | 
| [39:42] | Harry can’t stand him. | 哈利受不了他 | 
| [39:43] | No doubt the feeling is reciprocated. | 难怪他也受不了哈利 | 
| [39:47] | What can he do to us? | 他能把咱们怎么样 | 
| [39:49] | Well, a man with $200 million to his name | 手头有两个亿的人 | 
| [39:52] | can do whatever he chooses. | 想干什么干什么 | 
| [39:57] | Oh, you’re looking a tad peaked. | 你怎么这个脸色 | 
| [40:02] | Is this all a joke to you, Means? | 这一切对你来说都是笑话么 米恩斯 | 
| [40:03] | No, but I find pleasure where I can. | 不是 但我会尽量找笑点 | 
| [40:11] | Why am I doing this? Why did I leave Ohio? | 我为什么要做这个 我为什么离开俄亥俄 | 
| [40:14] | For the profit, Jess. For the profit. | 为了利益 杰斯 为了利益 | 
| [40:17] | I can’t keep track of the money. | 我找不到那笔钱 | 
| [40:18] | I don’t remember who I lied to or what lies I told them. | 我记不得对谁撒过谎 撒的什么谎 | 
| [40:21] | And now with this damn senator rooting around, | 现在还有这个该死的参议员在这里调查 | 
| [40:23] | what if he finds someone honest? | 如果他找到会说实话的人怎么办 | 
| [40:25] | Attorneys general do not go to prison. | 总检察长不会进监狱的 | 
| [40:27] | I’m not the attorney general. Harry Daugherty is. | 我不是总检察长 哈利·达赫提才是 | 
| [40:31] | It’s all quite elementary. | 很简单 | 
| [40:33] | Your adversaries claim you’re not putting bootleggers in jail. | 你的对手说你没有把私酒贩子关起来 | 
| [40:36] | Tell Mr. Daugherty to put one in jail. | 那就让达赫提先生关几个进去 | 
| [40:38] | Bootleggers are the men we’re in business with. | 私酒贩子和我们都有生意来往 | 
| [40:41] | If they go to jail– – | 如果他们进监狱 | 
| [40:47] | What I’ve learned, | 我知道的是 | 
| [40:49] | the truth is surprisingly easy to obfuscate. | 真相非常容易混淆 | 
| [40:59] | What the heck is going on in here? | 这里发生了什么 | 
| [41:00] | Oh, thank the Lord you manifested. | 谢天谢地还好你出现了 | 
| [41:02] | I was afraid we’d be imprisoned until the cockerel crowed. | 我原以为我们要被关到早上 | 
| [41:16] | It’s all right, Prudence. You needn’t bother yourself. | 没事的 普鲁登斯 你不用敲门 | 
| [41:19] | It’s me. | 是我 | 
| [41:25] | May I sit? | 我能坐下么 | 
| [41:28] | It’s your house. | 这是你的房子 | 
| [41:39] | Would you mind? | 你能坐下么 | 
| [41:40] | Do you imagine this being a lengthy conversation? | 你觉得我们会谈很长时间么 | 
| [41:43] | I don’t think either of us is terribly interested in that. | 我觉得你我都不是太在意这个吧 | 
| [41:55] | – This afternoon– – Please, don’t. | -今天下午 -请别说了 | 
| [41:57] | Just let me | 就让我 | 
| [41:58] | Whatever fiction you prefer is perfectly fine with me. | 你编的故事我全信 | 
| [42:00] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [42:04] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [42:08] | For demonstrating | 因为我的 | 
| [42:12] | bad form. | 失当表现 | 
| [42:16] | Bad form? | 失当表现 | 
| [42:18] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [42:20] | That would distress you, wouldn’t it? | 这让你很难过是吧 | 
| [42:24] | – I’m being honest. – I know. | -我很诚恳 -我知道 | 
| [42:27] | That’s what’s making it all just slightly humiliating. | 正是这点让我感到羞辱 | 
| [42:34] | Is she in need of rescuing, too? | 她也很需要救助 是么 | 
| [42:39] | She seems pretty capable of looking after herself. | 她看上去很会照顾自己 | 
| [42:44] | I think that might prove difficult for you. | 我以为这点很难证明给你看的 | 
| [42:47] | How’s that? | 为什么 | 
| [42:48] | It’s not a role you’re comfortable in. | 那不是一个你适应的角色 | 
| [42:52] | Maybe I’ve changed. | 也许我变了 | 
| [42:54] | Perhaps you’re not the only one. | 你不是唯一改变的人 | 
| [43:03] | I’ll look in on the kids, then I’ll leave. | 我去看看孩子们 然后我就走了 | 
| [43:06] | – No. – I’m sorry? | -不行 -你说什么 | 
| [43:08] | I’d rather you didn’t look in. | 我希望你别去看他们 | 
| [43:11] | I’m still their stepfather. | 我还是他们的继父 | 
| [43:12] | That’s one of the things you are. | 那只是你的几个角色之一 | 
| [43:17] | Fair enough. | 说的对 | 
| [43:19] | But you might want to ask yourself some practical questions. | 也许你应该问自己几个实际的问题 | 
| [43:41] | When do you expect him? | 他什么时候回来 | 
| [43:43] | I’m sure he will be home. | 我知道他会回来的 | 
| [43:46] | What time does he usually get home? | 他一般几点到家 | 
| [43:48] | It is this time. | 就是这个时候 | 
| [43:51] | It is time now. | 就是现在这个时间 | 
| [43:53] | Is he always this late? | 通常都这么晚么 | 
| [44:02] | You’re a hard man to track down. | 你还真是难找啊 | 
| [44:05] | Agent Coughlin. | 考夫林探员 | 
| [44:08] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 | 
| [44:10] | I check on the dinner. | 我去看看晚餐 | 
| [44:19] | Do you | 你想 | 
| [44:22] | intend to extort money from me? | 敲诈我的钱么 | 
| [44:27] | I’d say it was the other way around. | 要我说是反过来 | 
| [44:29] | – Wouldn’t you? – What? | -不是么 -什么 | 
| [44:31] | I saw you that night at the speak. | 演说那晚我看见你了 | 
| [44:34] | I kept thinking, “How do I know this fella?” | 我一直在想”我怎么会认识这个家伙” | 
| [44:37] | I mean, that’s a face you can’t forget. | 我是说 你这张脸看过就不会忘 | 
| [44:40] | Then it hit me. | 然后我想起来了 | 
| [44:42] | You came to my house before Christmas. | 圣诞节前你来过我家 | 
| [44:45] | Over on 27th. | 二十七号那天 | 
| [44:47] | Gave me the big sales pitch. | 给我好一阵推销 | 
| [44:49] | How I could save money if I pressed my shirts myself. | 如果我能自己熨衣服 会省多少钱 | 
| [44:53] | Well, that iron you sold me is a piece of junk. | 你卖给我的那个熨斗就是块垃圾 | 
| [44:58] | Used it two or three times. | 用了两三次 | 
| [45:00] | Then it totally fell apart. | 就彻底散架了 | 
| [45:04] | No! | 不 | 
| [45:13] | He wasn’t here to arrest me. | 他不是来这逮捕我的 | 
| [45:16] | I sold him an iron. | 我卖给他一块熨斗 | 
| [45:31] | I hold his legs. | 我抓住他的腿 | 
| [45:40] | Husband! | 丈夫 | 
| [45:53] | Please avert your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 别看这边 | 
| [46:55] | The bad person. | 坏人 | 
| [47:25] | It’s quiet this evening. | 今晚真安静 | 
| [47:27] | So I see. | 确实 | 
| [47:33] | Get out on the porch and attract some customers. | 出去多招揽点客户 | 
| [47:36] | I thought you didn’t want us doing that. | 我以为你不希望我们这样 | 
| [47:38] | Then why the goddamn hell would I say it? | 那我还说这个干什么 | 
| [47:48] | My dearest James. | 亲爱的詹姆斯 | 
| [47:50] | I am compelled to write to you | 由于我无力承担开销 | 
| [47:53] | due to my constant concern over expenses | 生意入不敷出 | 
| [47:57] | which are more than I can bear alone. | 我不得不写信给你 | 
| [48:05] | I miss you terribly every day. | 我每天都很想你 | 
| [48:08] | Life is nothing without you | 没有你生活就没有了意义 | 
| [48:10] | and there is no one who understands me. | 而且没有一个人可以懂我 | 
| [48:16] | Please, please, | 求你了 求你了 | 
| [48:18] | please come home. | 求你回家来吧 | 
| [48:24] | Your eternally devoted mother. | 永远爱你的母亲 | 
| [48:48] | You’ve lost one, Mrs. Thompson. | 你已经失去了一位 汤普森太太 | 
| [48:50] | Excuse me? | 您说什么 | 
| [48:51] | There were five last night. | 昨晚有五位 | 
| [48:58] | We’ll wait a few more minutes. | 我们再等等 | 
| [48:59] | That seems rather ad hoc. | 这显得有点特殊化 | 
| [49:02] | Not everyone has your rigor, Sister. | 不是谁都像您一样严苛 修女 | 
| [49:05] | One tends to be prompt | 如果一个人觉得事情重要 | 
| [49:07] | for the things one considers important. | 那她必然会严格守时 | 
| [49:09] | Begging your pardon, ma’am. | 抱歉 女士 | 
| [49:10] | But it is hard to get away in the evening. | 但是晚上到这来确实很难 | 
| [49:13] | What would you find more convenient? | 你们觉得什么时候更方便 | 
| [49:15] | For me, the morning after I’ve cleared away breakfast. | 我的话 早上收拾完早餐 | 
| [49:20] | And before the children are home from school. | 孩子放学之前 | 
| [49:23] | Perhaps we can better accommodate them. | 也许我们可以为她们调整一下 | 
| [49:25] | Sadly, those hours would not suit my schedule. | 可惜 那些时间我不方便 | 
| [49:32] | Mrs. Thompson? | 汤普森太太 | 
| [49:39] | Dr. Mason has an emergency on the ward. | 梅森医生正在病房处理急诊 | 
| [49:43] | When will he be free? | 他什么时候有空 | 
| [49:45] | There’s no saying right now. He’s very sorry. | 现在还不知道 他很抱歉 | 
| [49:48] | Tell him not to concern himself | 告诉他别介意 | 
| [49:50] | and we’ll speak when he’s free. | 等他有空再说 | 
| [50:04] | Ladies, let’s begin. | 女士们 我们开始 | 
| [50:08] | Isn’t the doctor coming? | 医生不来了么 | 
| [50:11] | He’s called away, unfortunately. | 很遗憾 他有事 | 
| [50:14] | But we can still have a class. | 但是我们依然可以上课 | 
| [50:15] | What would be the point of that? | 那还有什么意义 | 
| [50:18] | We have our book. We have our chart. | 我们有书 有图 | 
| [50:20] | We have ourselves. What else is needed? | 有自己 还需要什么 | 
| [50:23] | This is not what we’ve agreed to, Mrs. Thompson. | 这不是我们先前约定的 汤普森太太 | 
| [50:26] | Yes, the whole day’s been rather like that. | 没错 这一天都没按预定的规划走 | 
| [50:30] | Last time we talked about conception– how life begins. | 上一节我们讲到怀孕 生命的孕育 | 
| [50:34] | This evening we’re going to discuss development. | 今晚我们讲发育 | 
| [50:37] | How a human being grows. | 一个人如何成长 | 
| [50:59] | Well, well, it’s the iron man. | 这不是我们的熨斗哥么 | 
| [51:03] | Hey, this must be a pressing issue. | 你找我来最好是有要紧的事 | 
| [51:08] | May I come in? | 我能进来么 | 
| [51:20] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 | 
| [51:23] | Flowers? | 买花 | 
| [51:33] | I must dispose of a body. | 我要处理一具尸体 | 
| [51:44] | Must you, now? | 是么 | 
| [51:58] | Where’s the other kid? | 另一个孩子呢 | 
| [52:00] | Caught a fever. | 感冒了 | 
| [52:19] | – For Mr. Rosetti. – I’ll take it. | -给罗塞蒂先生的 -给我就行了 | 
| [52:21] | Suit yourself. | 自便 | 
| [52:24] | Untie me. | 给我解开 | 
| [52:26] | – Untie me! – I’m trying. | -给我解开 -我在呢 | 
| [52:30] | What’s happening? | 发生了什么 | 
| [52:32] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 | 
| [52:37] | Mr. Rosetti! | 罗塞蒂先生 | 
| [52:57] | Don’t shoot! | 别开枪 | 
| [53:07] | Go, go, go, go! | 快走 走 走 | 
| [53:32] | Aw, fuck. | 该死的 | 
| [53:58] | Oh, I think you’re brilliant. You are absolutely brilliant! | 我觉得你很聪明 太聪明了 | 
| [54:01] | Let’s go, Vern. | 我们走 弗恩 | 
| [54:04] | We’ll keep it the same for now. | 现在我们还保持和以前一样 | 
| [54:06] | He’ll have his own ideas, | 他有自己的主意 | 
| [54:08] | but we’ll deal with that as we stumble through, okay? | 但我们会熬过去的 好么 | 
| [54:11] | – Vern. – Don’t say it. | -弗恩 -别说了 | 
| [54:14] | But this is crazy, isn’t it? | 这太疯狂了 | 
| [54:16] | Kid, the whole business is crazy. | 孩子 这个行当本来就是疯狂的 | 
| [54:20] | I’ll see you up there. | 一会上面见 | 
| [54:26] | He’s got a very cute boyfriend. | 他有个很漂亮的男朋友 | 
| [54:31] | He doesn’t come off that way. | 他可不像是基佬 | 
| [54:35] | Want to tell me what happened? | 想告诉我发生了什么么 | 
| [54:37] | You don’t have to worry about it. I had a discussion with her, | 你不用担心 我和她谈过了 | 
| [54:40] | we reached an understanding, and it won’t happen again. | 我们达成了共识 这事以后不会再发生了 | 
| [54:45] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 | 
| [54:47] | Then I guess you’d better clue me in. | 那你最好给点提示 | 
| [54:49] | Yesterday we were closing. | 昨天我们都要散伙了 | 
| [54:51] | Today they’re rewriting the show. | 今天他们居然要重写剧本 | 
| [54:54] | Sounds like Shubert’s protecting his investment. | 听上去舒伯特好像要保护他的投资 | 
| [54:58] | What did you do, Gus? | 你做了什么 古斯 | 
| [55:01] | I didn’t do anything. You told me not to. | 我什么都没做 你告诉我什么都不要做 | 
| [55:04] | Besides, what does it matter as long as you get what you want? | 再说了 你都达成所愿了 这些还重要么 | 
| [55:07] | Your father doesn’t know what he’s talking about. | 你父亲根本不知道他在说什么 | 
| [55:12] | Billie. We’re gonna run through it. | 贝莉 我们要开始了 | 
| [55:24] | What did I say? What did I do? | 我说了什么 我做了什么 | 
| [55:25] | What did I do? I like her. | 我做了什么 我喜欢她 | 
| [55:34] | Eddie, you’re a lifesaver. | 埃迪 你真是我的救命恩人 | 
| [55:38] | Whatever you’re doing here, | 不管怎么样 | 
| [55:40] | I promise I won’t let you down. | 我保证不会让你失望 | 
| [55:43] | Lucy Danziger. | 露西·丹齐格 | 
| [55:45] | Ever heard of her? | 听说过她么 | 
| [55:50] | The next one won’t know a goddamn thing about you either. | 下一个也根本不会知道你的 | 
| [55:54] | All right, kids, just muddle through and make it work. | 好了 孩子们 进场表演吧 | 
| [55:57] | Izzy, naughty virgin, you’re on. | 依奇 风流处女 到你们了 | 
| [56:07] | *He’s not so good in a crowd, but when you get him alone* | *他在人群中不起眼 但当你单独见他* | 
| [56:12] | *You’d be surprised He isn’t much at a dance,* | *你定会感到惊讶 他舞技一般* | 
| [56:16] | *but when he’s taking you home You’d be surprised* | *但当你跟他回家 你定会感到惊讶* | 
| [56:21] | *He doesn’t look like much of a lover* | *他看上去并非一位好恋人* | 
| [56:24] | *But you can’t judge a book by its cover* | *但看人岂能只看表面* | 
| [56:28] | *He’s got the face of an angel* | *他有天使般的面容* | 
| [56:31] | *But there’s a devil in his eye…* | 但眼神中透露出恶魔之气 | 
| [56:36] | There’s news from Mr. Rothstein. | 罗斯坦先生来消息了 | 
| [56:40] | Four fatalities. | 四人死亡 | 
| [56:42] | None of them Gyp Rosetti. | 没有吉普·罗塞蒂 | 
| [56:45] | *You’d be surprised At a party or at a ball* | *你定会感到惊讶 在派对或是舞会上* | 
| [56:51] | *I’ve got to admit that he’s nothing at all* | *我得说他一点也不起眼* | 
| [56:55] | *But in a Morris chair you’d be surprised.* | *但是在安乐椅上 你定会感到惊讶* |