时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:43] | Aah! God blast it! | 该死的 |
[01:47] | Well, it is fixed? | 修好了吗 |
[01:50] | No, it’s not fixed. | 没 没修好 |
[01:52] | The nut is stripped. | 螺母碎了 |
[01:53] | I need water for to make the Cream of Wheat. | 我需要水才能做麦粉 |
[01:58] | I’m bleeding, dear. | 亲爱的 我在流血呢 |
[02:14] | Could you please get him to stop crying? | 你能让他别哭了吗 |
[02:17] | He is hungry. | 他饿了 |
[02:19] | Well, then, go in the bathroom and use the water from in there. | 那就去浴室接水 |
[02:21] | The bathroom is for bathing, the kitchen is for cooking. | 浴室是洗澡的 厨房才是做饭的 |
[02:24] | Is that really a meaningful distinction? | 真的有必要这么区分开吗 |
[02:27] | When you will fix the pipe? | 你什么时候能修好水管 |
[02:29] | – The Sears Roebuck Company– – the Sears Roebuck does not live in the house. | -西尔斯罗巴克公司… -他们并不住在这儿 |
[02:32] | I live in the house, | 我住在这儿 |
[02:34] | for months and months, and nothing fits together. | 住了好几个月了 这儿还是一团糟 |
[02:39] | I have to get ready for work. | 我得去上班了 |
[02:42] | The flowers, yes? | 送花 是吗 |
[02:45] | The big important job for Mr. O’Banion. | 给奥巴尼恩先生办大事 |
[02:48] | Is that what you think I do? | 你觉得我是做那个的吗 |
[02:49] | Oh, yeah. You’re the strongman who gets the money. | 是啊 你是收钱的大块头 |
[02:53] | Mr. O’Banion gives $1,000 for you to hurt the people’s head. | 奥巴尼恩先生给你一千块 让你去伤人 |
[03:03] | What if he did? | 如果是呢 |
[03:04] | Then there would be water in the kitchen. | 那样厨房就有水了 |
[03:19] | ♪Jazzin’ baby blues are driving me insane.♪ | ♪爵士和布鲁斯要把我逼疯了♪ |
[03:24] | ♪There’s nothing to them but that lonesome blue refrain♪ | ♪毫无新意 不过是忧伤的调调♪ |
[03:28] | ♪But when that cornet and that flute begin…♪ | ♪但是当乐声奏响…♪ |
[03:32] | Have you ever considered it was Purnsley acting alone? | 你有没有想过或许珀斯利只是单独行动 |
[03:36] | It was Narcisse. I know it. | 是纳西斯 我知道是他 |
[03:38] | That’s what the girl says? | 那姑娘是那么说的吗 |
[03:41] | I’m asking if you can prove it. | 我是问你能否证明 |
[03:43] | This ain’t no court of law, Nucky. | 这又不是法庭 努基 |
[03:44] | That doesn’t change the fact | 但你仍然是在 |
[03:45] | that you’re asking me to impose a death sentence. | 让我判他死刑 |
[03:47] | I wasn’t askin’. | 这不是请求 |
[03:50] | Let’s get something straight here. | 我们把话说清楚 |
[03:52] | You move against Narcisse, | 如果你向纳西斯下手 |
[03:54] | you risk losing everything you have. | 你就可能失去一切 |
[03:55] | He ain’t comin’ after what’s yours. | 他又没冲你来 |
[03:57] | That’s because I mind my business. | 因为我不多管闲事 |
[03:59] | – What that mean? – Look. | -什么意思 -听我说 |
[04:01] | – Let me get him in here, sit him down– – What that mean? | -让我把他找来 坐下谈谈 -什么意思 |
[04:05] | It means when I’m conducting business, I mind it. | 意思是 我做生意的时候很用心 |
[04:08] | It and only it. | 而且只管自己的生意 |
[04:10] | Not some piece of ass with a sugary voice, | 而不分心给歌声甜美的女人 |
[04:13] | not my pride, my business. | 或是自尊 只管我的生意 |
[04:25] | Heard a lot of “we” last year. | 去年可都是”我们”怎么怎么样 |
[04:29] | When you was in trouble. | 那时候你有一身麻烦 |
[04:31] | Now it just you. | 现在就只顾你自己了 |
[04:33] | How do you like your fucking nightclub, | 你对你的夜总会还满意吗 |
[04:36] | on the boardwalk? | 这可是在木板路上 |
[04:39] | Look, you have any idea the bullshit I had to put up with? | 你知道我顶了多少压力吗 |
[04:42] | The strings I had to pull, | 我动用了多少关系 |
[04:43] | the palms I had to grease to make this happen? | 花了多少钱 才让你有今天 |
[04:46] | Already said thank you by saving your ass. | 我救你的时候就跟你扯平了 |
[04:50] | And this place evens the score. | 这里让我们两清了 |
[05:01] | You’ve got a family, Chalky. Children. | 你是有家室的人 朝琪 |
[05:05] | A wife who loves you, a daughter about to be married. | 妻子爱你 女儿即将结婚 |
[05:08] | What we gonna do about Narcisse? | 你要怎么处置纳西斯 |
[05:12] | Let me talk to him, feel him out before you do anything. | 我去跟他谈谈 试探他一下 你再采取行动 |
[05:21] | I’ll give you a minute for that. | 你动作快点 |
[05:23] | Just. | 越快越好 |
[05:36] | Of course they were fairies. | 他们肯定是基佬 |
[05:38] | They picked that kid up, | 他们去接那孩子 |
[05:40] | and when he wouldn’t bend over, that was that. | 他不肯弯腰 我就知道了 |
[05:42] | Leopold, maybe, not the other one. | 利奥波德大概是 另一个不会 |
[05:44] | How about the ransom note? | 那封勒索信呢 |
[05:46] | Look, they’re sheenies. | 他们是犹太人 |
[05:47] | They’re not gonna do anything without a payday. | 不到发薪日他们什么都不会做 |
[05:50] | 1,200. | 一千二 |
[05:52] | Take the truck, drop that hooch by Paulson’s. | 开车送去鲍尔森家 |
[05:55] | What’s wrong with Tarzan here? | 怎么不让泰山去 |
[05:56] | I got a rush job on this wreath. | 这个花环有人急要 |
[06:11] | That truck. | 那辆车 |
[06:14] | Sometimes I wonder if it’s bad hoodoo. | 我有时会想 会不会是不吉利 |
[06:17] | – Beg pardon? – The one Stu was in the day we found him. | -什么 -就是我们发现斯图的那辆车 |
[06:22] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[06:25] | 23 shots they hit him with. | 他挨了二十三枪 |
[06:27] | Fuckin’ believe that? | 你能相信吗 |
[06:29] | That was unfortunate. | 太不幸了 |
[06:31] | Unfortunate? | 不幸 |
[06:33] | Guy had a wife, a kid. | 他有妻有子 |
[06:34] | Well, maybe he didn’t have a kid, but still. | 或许没有孩子吧 |
[06:38] | Fuckin’ massacre. | 但这太残忍了 |
[06:42] | I’m taking the children to see the new Buster Keaton. | 我要带孩子去看巴斯特·基顿的新电影 |
[06:44] | – That was the day you disappeared with the Capones. – What? | -那天你跟卡彭兄弟不知去哪了 -什么 |
[06:48] | The day Stuey got killed. | 斯图伊被杀的那天 |
[06:51] | I– I don’t know anything about that, sir. | 我跟那事没什么关系 先生 |
[06:55] | Guilty conscience, Mueller? | 内疚了吗 穆勒 |
[06:57] | Sir? | 什么 |
[07:00] | I didn’t say you did. | 我又没说是你做的 |
[07:02] | I was just stating a simple fact. | 我只是在陈述事实 |
[07:04] | Your tone, it can be quite accusatory sometimes. | 你的语气有时候像在职责别人 |
[07:13] | 201 South Racine, apartment 12. | 南拉辛二零一 十二号公寓 |
[07:42] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[07:44] | welcome to the historic and legendary Atlantic City boardwalk. | 欢迎来到历史悠久 远近闻名的大西洋城木板路 |
[07:49] | Big thrills, dancing girls, | 惊险的表演 热舞女郎 |
[07:51] | amusements beyond…your wildest imagination. | 精彩纷呈 超乎想象 |
[07:55] | A man’s selling Eskimo Pies. | 有人在卖爱斯基摩馅饼 |
[07:57] | The sun is all I need right now. | 我现在只需要晒太阳 |
[08:01] | Where are you? | 你的思绪飘去哪了 |
[08:04] | My first kiss was under this boardwalk. | 我的初吻就是在这木板路下 |
[08:07] | Should I be jealous? | 我该嫉妒吗 |
[08:09] | He was a freckle-faced boy from Philadelphia | 他是个费城来的雀斑脸男孩 |
[08:11] | on holiday with his parents. | 跟父母来渡假期 |
[08:14] | I sold him three Luckys for a nickel, | 我卖给他三根香烟 挣了五美分 |
[08:17] | and he smoked them all before he had the nerve to lean in. | 他不敢细品 就急匆匆地抽光了 |
[08:22] | We carved our names somewhere under here. | 我们把名字刻在这下面什么地方了 |
[08:26] | You never came back to look? | 你从没回来看看吗 |
[08:29] | – It was a long time ago. – At least tell me his name. | -那是很久之前的事了 -告诉我他叫什么啊 |
[08:31] | I’ll cross it out and chisel mine in its place. | 我要把他抹去 凿上自己的名字 |
[08:35] | His name was James. | 他叫詹姆斯 |
[08:39] | – You’re blushing. – Am I? | -你脸红了 -是吗 |
[08:41] | Maybe it’s the sun. | 大概是太阳晒的 |
[08:45] | We were supposed to meet the night before he left, | 他走前那天我们约好见面 |
[08:49] | in our secret spot. | 在我们的老地方 |
[08:51] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[08:52] | The next day was the Opening of the Sea. | 第二天是开海 |
[08:56] | It was a silly ceremony for tourists. | 是给游客准备的愚蠢庆典 |
[08:59] | I pushed my way to the front of the crowd, | 我一路挤到人群最前面 |
[09:02] | and I was chosen as one of King Neptune’s Consorts. | 被选作了海神王的女伴 |
[09:06] | I can just see you doing that. | 我想象的出 |
[09:08] | The sheriff approached me. | 治安官走了过来 |
[09:11] | I thought for sure I had done something wrong. | 我还以为自己做错了什么 |
[09:14] | Didn’t know what. | 也不知道是什么 |
[09:16] | So he took you to jail? | 他把你关起来了吗 |
[09:18] | He took me to a man. | 他带我去见了一个人 |
[09:22] | The most powerful man in the city. | 那是城里最有权势的人 |
[09:25] | Oh, this is quite the yarn. | 真是个好故事 |
[09:27] | Except it’s true. | 但这是事实 |
[09:31] | The Commodore, they called him. | 他们喊他准将 |
[09:37] | He ravaged me that night. | 那晚他强暴了我 |
[09:45] | It was six weeks before my 13th birthday. | 那时离我十三岁生日还有六个星期 |
[09:52] | Oh, Gillian, I’m sorry. | 吉莉安 对不起 |
[09:54] | If you’d rather not say– | 如果你不想说… |
[09:55] | I want you to know. | 我想让你知道 |
[09:59] | Nine months later, I gave birth. | 九个月之后 我生下一个孩子 |
[10:03] | I named the baby James, | 我给他取名詹姆斯 |
[10:06] | the last pure thing I could remember. | 我记忆中最后一件纯洁的事物 |
[10:13] | He and I… | 他和我… |
[10:17] | I don’t know how I can say it. | 我不知该怎么说 |
[10:19] | Just let the words out. | 直说就是了 |
[10:22] | We lived for each other. | 我们相依为命 |
[10:27] | A child and a child. | 我是孩子他也是个孩子 |
[10:29] | Where is he now? | 他现在哪里 |
[10:30] | He enlisted, fought in France. | 他应征入伍 去法国作战 |
[10:34] | Very bravely. | 非常英勇 |
[10:38] | Didn’t make it back? | 没能回来吗 |
[10:41] | He came back. | 他回来了 |
[10:46] | He struggled to find his place. | 挣扎着想要找到自己的位置 |
[10:56] | He overdosed on heroin… | 他注射海洛因过量死去了 |
[11:01] | …in my bathtub. | 在我的浴缸里 |
[11:08] | That’s how you found him? | 是你发现的吗 |
[11:17] | I think I will take that Eskimo Pie after all. | 我想我还是吃个冰淇淋吧 |
[11:35] | Has this ever been used? | 这东西用过吗 |
[11:39] | It is ceremonial, as far as I know, | 据我所知 是仪式用的 |
[11:42] | but there is a first time for everything, Mr. Madden. | 但是凡事总有第一次 麦登先生 |
[11:47] | Glad you’re open-minded. | 你思维开阔我很高兴 |
[11:51] | I spoke to Rothstein. He can’t help you. | 我和罗斯坦谈过了 他帮不了你 |
[11:54] | Is my money not good? | 我的钱不好用吗 |
[11:56] | He’s bust, out of the heroin business. | 他破产了 退出了海洛因生意 |
[11:59] | Masseria squeezed him out. | 马赫里亚把他赶了出去 |
[12:00] | I was of the understanding | 我听说他们从前 |
[12:01] | that they had been partners in this endeavor. | 在这生意上有过合作 |
[12:04] | Even Lewis and Clark went their separate ways eventually. | 时过境迁 连刘易斯与克拉克也会分道扬镳 |
[12:11] | He’s your friend as well, is he not? | 他也是你的朋友 对吧 |
[12:13] | Masseria? Sure. | 马赫里亚 当然 |
[12:14] | But he ain’t as comfortable | 但是他在对深色人种售货上 |
[12:17] | selling to the darker types like Rothstein was. | 不像罗斯坦那样自然 |
[12:23] | The Jew, like the Libyan, must remain pliable | 犹太人与黑人一样 想活命 |
[12:26] | if he is to survive. | 须得坚忍 |
[12:29] | I should like to meet with Mr. Masseria nonetheless. | 我仍然想与马赫里亚先生见见面 |
[12:35] | You come to the Cotton Club. | 你来棉花俱乐部 |
[12:37] | We’ll see what’s what. | 我们当面谈清楚 |
[13:07] | That for me? | 是给我的吗 |
[13:10] | It’s, uh… | 这是 |
[13:13] | – for a Mr. DOB. – DOB. | -给DOB先生的 -DOB |
[13:16] | Dean O’Banion. | 迪恩·奥巴尼恩 |
[13:20] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[13:23] | – I don’t have time to– – Sit your ass down. | -我没时间… -给我坐下 |
[13:33] | Tell us everything you know about O’Banion. | 告诉我们你知道的关于迪恩·奥巴尼恩的一切 |
[13:35] | – His whole routine. – When he wakes up, | -他的作息规律 -他几时起床 |
[13:37] | where he takes his meals. | 几时吃饭 |
[13:38] | How many times he takes a shit. | 拉几次屎 |
[13:40] | I’m not privy to his per– | 我对他的私人生活不甚… |
[13:43] | We asked you what you know, not what you don’t. | 我们问你知道什么 没问你不知道什么 |
[13:50] | Hit me again, you’ll regret it. | 再敢打我一下 你会后悔的 |
[13:55] | You hear that? | 听到了吗 |
[13:57] | Cut the mouthy shit. | 别逞嘴上英雄 |
[13:59] | I didn’t come here to be smacked around. | 我来这不是让你们随意欺侮的 |
[14:00] | Who the fuck you think you are? | 你他妈以为自己是谁 |
[14:03] | The man who stood beside your brother at Western Electric. | 西电公司门口站在你和你兄弟一边的人 |
[14:07] | And you’re still breathin’. | 你还喘气呢 |
[14:09] | – So are you. – I’ll cave in his fuckin’ face. | -你也一样 -我要打烂他这张臭脸 |
[14:11] | Then you won’t find out the best way to kill O’Banion. | 那你就不会知道杀死奥巴尼恩的最佳办法 |
[14:15] | That’s what you want, isn’t it? | 这就是你们想要的 不是吗 |
[14:19] | That’s for me to decide. | 那要我说了算 |
[14:22] | Frank was against it. | 弗兰克不同意那样做 |
[14:24] | Frank’s gone, | 弗兰克不在了 |
[14:26] | and that mick’s still here. | 而那个爱尔兰人还活着 |
[14:28] | And I don’t fuckin’ trust you. | 而且我他妈不信任你 |
[14:34] | $1,000. | 一千美元 |
[14:36] | I clear that seven days a week. | 我每天都有那多进账 |
[14:37] | – Not you, me. – For what? | -不是给你 是给我 -凭什么 |
[14:40] | For going into work tomorrow and blowing O’Banion’s head off. | 我明早去上班一枪崩了奥巴尼恩 |
[14:45] | Why would I let you do that? | 我为什么让你去做 |
[14:49] | Because he thinks I’m a coward. | 因为他认为我是个懦夫 |
[14:51] | Ain’t you? | 难道你不是 |
[14:55] | Ask Frank. | 问问弗兰克 |
[15:05] | That’s 161 people. | 一共一百六十一人 |
[15:08] | Odd numbers are bad luck. | 奇数不吉利 |
[15:10] | Should we trim the invitations? | 要不要精简一下邀请 |
[15:14] | These got an edge on ’em now. | 这些玩意也有讲究了 |
[15:17] | You didn’t have to bother. | 你不用操心的 |
[15:21] | You want everything spic and span. | 你想要一切精致整洁 |
[15:24] | I’m sure the Crawfords will appreciate it. | 克劳福德家会很满意的 |
[15:28] | Is there anything you want me to say to them? | 有什么想让我对他们说的吗 |
[15:31] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[15:33] | Your appearance. | 你的样子 |
[15:36] | He was moving all of that lumber in the shed | 他从棚子里往外搬木料 |
[15:40] | and the shelf broke. | 架子倒了 |
[15:41] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[15:43] | Whatever you say. | 随你怎么说 |
[15:46] | What you got there, baby girl? | 拿着什么 闺女 |
[15:47] | The guest list. | 宾客名单 |
[15:49] | Mother’s worried about the odd number. | 妈妈在担心奇数的事情 |
[15:51] | Bad luck, that’s all. | 只是不吉利啦 |
[15:55] | Mr. Purnsley on there? | 有珀斯利先生吗 |
[15:57] | You said you wanted him. | 你说要邀请他 |
[16:01] | Well, take him off. | 把他拿掉 |
[16:03] | That solve the problem right there. | 这就解决了 |
[16:29] | Sir? | 先生 |
[16:33] | Mr. Rothstein. | 罗斯坦先生 |
[16:35] | Will you be needing the car? | 您要用车吗 |
[16:40] | No, not this evening. | 不 今晚不用 |
[16:47] | Are you feeling all right? | 您还好吧 |
[16:49] | I’m fine, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[16:53] | Is Mrs. Rothstein awake? | 罗斯坦夫人醒着吗 |
[16:55] | No, sir. She retired early. | 没有 先生 她很早就睡了 |
[17:01] | May I ask you a question, Peter? | 可以问你个问题吗 彼得 |
[17:05] | Of course, sir. | 当然 先生 |
[17:09] | Why is it you don’t gamble? | 你为什么不赌博 |
[17:12] | Because I don’t have the stomach for it. | 因为我不太喜欢 |
[17:18] | The first time I ever played craps, I won $32. | 我第一次玩骰子 赢了三十二美元 |
[17:24] | I was nine years old. | 那年我九岁 |
[17:26] | – Lucky little boy. – Yes. | -幸运的小伙子 -是啊 |
[17:29] | Or at least I used to think so. | 至少我从前是这样认为的 |
[17:50] | I need to talk to you. | 我有事找你谈 |
[17:51] | It’s what I’m here for. | 我就是来找你说事的 |
[18:09] | There might be a problem with Chalky. | 朝琪那边可能有麻烦 |
[18:12] | What problem? | 什么麻烦 |
[18:13] | He took his man Purnsley for a walk in the marsh. | 他把他的那个手下珀斯利做掉了 |
[18:17] | How come? | 怎么会 |
[18:18] | He was getting out of hand. | 他对他失去了控制 |
[18:22] | Well, good riddance. Trouble from the get-go. | 也算是摆脱了麻烦吧 |
[18:27] | He puts Narcisse behind it, | 他说是纳西斯搞的鬼 |
[18:29] | wants to return the favor. | 想要回敬他一成 |
[18:32] | How do I agree to that? | 我怎么能答应 |
[18:36] | What’s our concern? | 关我们什么事 |
[18:38] | Narcisse has business with Owney Madden. | 纳西斯跟欧尼·麦登有生意来往 |
[18:41] | Couldn’t say who else. | 还有谁也说不准 |
[18:43] | And Madden goes to bat for some shine knows the Bible? | 麦登会替讲经论道的黑鬼出头吗 |
[18:45] | Is that a bear we need to poke? | 犯得着招惹那只熊吗 |
[18:49] | I warned him once. Couldn’t have been clearer. | 我警告过他一次 不能更明确 |
[18:52] | Now he comes to me with this, | 可他又拿这件事来找我 |
[18:54] | and always about how I owe him. | 总说我欠着他 |
[18:57] | That debt’s paid, isn’t it? | 不是已经两清了吗 |
[19:00] | I’m not saying there isn’t a bond, | 不是我跟他没感情 |
[19:03] | but I’m not bringing him my problems. | 但我有麻烦也没找过他 |
[19:06] | If he can’t manage his side of the fence… | 要是他管不好自己的地盘 |
[19:11] | The answer is no. | 那就不管他 |
[19:13] | Has to be no. | 必须不管他 |
[19:19] | What else? | 没了吗 |
[19:22] | What else is going on? | 还有别的事吗 |
[19:25] | Anything I should know? | 我需要知道的 |
[19:33] | Willie’s doing all right? | 威利还好吧 |
[19:40] | Yeah, good. | 挺好的 |
[19:43] | Everybody’s happy to have him home. | 他回家了大家都挺开心 |
[20:01] | Did you call the Sears Roebuck? | 你给西尔斯·罗巴克打电话了吗 |
[20:02] | You could knock, dear. | 你应该敲门的 亲爱的 |
[20:05] | On the door that’s not being here yet? | 门都没装上我敲什么 |
[20:07] | The curtain was closed. Do you not know what that means? | 不是拉着帘子吗 你不明白吗 |
[20:11] | – What were you doing? – Getting dressed. | -你干什么呢 -穿衣服呢 |
[20:14] | I’ve seen this many times. | 我以前见过你这样 |
[20:16] | Did you want something? | 你有事吗 |
[20:18] | I ask if you call. | 我问你打没打电话 |
[20:21] | Yes, yes, I did. I spoke to Mr. Roebuck himself. | 打了 罗巴克先生亲自跟我谈的 |
[20:24] | He apologized profusely and told me | 他很诚恳的道了歉 |
[20:26] | he would send a dozen of his top men over immediately | 还说马上派他最得力的手下 |
[20:29] | to remedy the situation to our total satisfaction. | 来处理 包我们满意 |
[20:33] | Really? This is true? | 真的吗 |
[20:36] | No. This is sarcasm. | 假的 这是反话 |
[20:43] | I was orphaned at a young age, | 我小时候就成了孤儿 |
[20:46] | and what I learned, I had to learn for myself. | 一切东西都是自学的 |
[20:51] | I married young. | 我很早就结婚了 |
[20:55] | Too young. | 太年轻了 |
[20:57] | And I haven’t lived a blameless life. | 此后我一直活在责难中 |
[21:01] | I wonder if anyone has. | 不过大家不都是吗 |
[21:05] | I’ve turned my back on many things | 我背弃了很多品质 |
[21:09] | in anger. | 出于愤怒 |
[21:11] | In envy. | 嫉妒 |
[21:20] | In fear. | 恐惧 |
[21:23] | But love sustains us. | 但是爱支撑着我们 |
[21:26] | We thrive on it. | 让我们生存下去 |
[21:29] | We need to give it back. | 我们要懂得回馈 |
[21:32] | How else can we live? | 不然怎么生活下去 |
[21:37] | That’s all I have to offer my grandson. | 我能提供给我孙子的就是这些 |
[21:41] | I think it’s all that matters. | 是我认为最重要的东西 |
[21:47] | Your Honor, may my client speak? | 法官大人 我的客户可以发言了吗 |
[21:51] | Go ahead. | 请吧 |
[21:57] | Your Honor… | 法官大人 |
[21:59] | when Tommy talks about home, | 汤米一说起家 |
[22:01] | it’s our home he’s thinking of. | 他想到的就是我们家 |
[22:03] | When he goes to sleep, we’re the ones who tuck him in. | 晚上的时候 是我们哄他入睡 |
[22:08] | When he wakes up from nightmares, | 他被噩梦惊醒的时候 |
[22:11] | and he does wake up, Your Honor, | 法官大人 他的确有这情况 |
[22:14] | we’re the ones who tell him it’s going to be all right. | 是我们安抚他 告诉他一切都会好起来的 |
[22:20] | And he believes it. | 他相信我们 |
[22:25] | Your Honor, Mrs. Darmody is the child’s paternal grandmother– | 法官大人 达莫迪夫人的确是孩子的奶奶 |
[22:27] | No one disputes that, Mr. Ferry. | 这点没有非议 费里先生 |
[22:30] | Miss Sagorsky, according to Judge Varick’s notes, | 撒格斯基小姐 根据瓦里克法官的记录 |
[22:33] | you’re employed at Blatt’s department store? | 你在布拉特百货公司工作吗 |
[22:36] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[22:37] | – At $12 a week? – That is correct. | -周薪十二美元 -是的 |
[22:40] | Unmarried. | 未婚 |
[22:42] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[22:43] | You are unmarried. | 你没有结婚 |
[22:46] | Well, obviously, I’m… | 当然 我 |
[22:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:50] | And Mr. Sagorsky, what do you do? | 撒格斯基先生 你的工作呢 |
[22:54] | Veteran’s pensions. | 我有退伍兵养老金 |
[22:56] | Could you speak up, please? | 请您大点声 好吗 |
[22:58] | Veteran’s pension, sir. | 退伍兵养老金 先生 |
[23:00] | Uh, $37. | 三十七美元 |
[23:02] | 37.28, yeah. | 三十七块二十八分 是的 |
[23:05] | $85 a month between you. | 两人每月共八十五美元 |
[23:08] | 85.28. | 八十五块二十八分 |
[23:14] | As I hope your respective counsels advised you, | 希望你们的律师提醒过你们 |
[23:18] | in cases such as these, | 对于此类诉讼 |
[23:20] | the law presumes it is in the child’s best interest | 法律一般倾向于 |
[23:22] | to remain in the custody of blood relatives. | 将孩子的抚养权交予亲属 |
[23:26] | I will review all Judge Varick’s notes, | 我会仔细研读瓦里克法官的记录 |
[23:28] | along with my own, and render a decision within the month. | 并慎重考虑 一个月之内做出裁决 |
[24:05] | Mueller. | 穆勒 |
[24:10] | What’d I tell you? | 我怎么说的来着 |
[24:14] | Phil, Mr. Gulliver, I– Ralph. | 菲尔 格列佛先生 拉尔夫 |
[24:17] | – You son of a bitch! – No, gentlemen, please! | -你个王八蛋 -别这样 |
[24:19] | – This is not a good time. – Not a good time for what? | -别在这时候 -别在这时候怎么样 |
[24:21] | You’re upset. | 你生气了 |
[24:24] | Two months this took to heal. | 两个月才长好 |
[24:25] | His wife bawled her eyes out. | 他老婆眼睛都哭瞎了 |
[24:26] | I didn’t make a sale for months. | 好几个月卖不出东西 |
[24:29] | I– | 我 |
[24:30] | Not such a tough guy now, are you, Mueller? | 现在没那么强硬了吗 穆勒 |
[24:35] | Mr. Gulliver, do something. | 格列佛先生 做点什么 |
[24:36] | – You got it coming, George. – I apologize. I’m sorry. | -你自找的 乔治 -我道歉 对不起 |
[24:40] | If we could just– no! | 能不能 |
[24:44] | Enough! That’s it! | 够了 |
[24:46] | – Oh, you don’t like it, huh? – I’ve warned you to stop! | -你不喜欢吗 -我警告你 住手 |
[24:48] | You hear that, Phil? He warned us. | 听到了吗菲尔 他警告我们呢 |
[24:51] | Whoa! Easy, Mueller. | 别激动 穆勒 |
[24:53] | Settle down, George. | 放松 乔治 |
[24:54] | Now, George, be reasonable. | 要讲道理 乔治 |
[24:56] | Relax. | 放松 |
[24:57] | I am relaxed. | 我很放松 |
[24:59] | No! | 不要 |
[25:11] | Mickey Doyle is worth half a million dollars? | 米奇·多伊尔值五十万美元吗 |
[25:14] | Well, not while he’s breathing. | 死了才值那么多钱 |
[25:18] | “The Rothmere Insurance Company.” | 罗斯梅尔保险公司 |
[25:21] | One of my subsidiaries. | 我的一个子公司 |
[25:23] | So I gather. | 看出来了 |
[25:31] | So what are you waiting for? Kill him. | 那你等什么呢 直接杀了他 |
[25:35] | At the very least, I wanted to extend you | 我希望做的讲究一点 |
[25:37] | the courtesy of obtaining your permission. | 先征求你的同意 |
[25:41] | Do I get a cut? | 有我的分红吗 |
[25:42] | That’s a rather callous attitude. | 别这么麻木不仁 |
[25:44] | He’s an imbecile whom I’d be glad to be rid of. | 我早就想甩了这个蠢货了 |
[25:48] | I was under the impression Mr. Doyle was | 我还以为多伊尔先生 |
[25:51] | an integral part of your organization. | 是你生意中重要的一环 |
[25:53] | Not half a million integral. | 那也不值五十万 |
[25:58] | – Make me an offer. – To not kill him? | -给我开个价吧 -让你不杀他吗 |
[26:00] | How’s a plug nickel sound? | 五分钱够吗 |
[26:04] | You could buy the policy from me, | 你可以把合同买走 |
[26:07] | making yourself the beneficiary. | 受益人改成你 |
[26:14] | Money troubles, Arnold? | 手头紧了吗 阿诺德 |
[26:18] | Just the usual ebb and flow of the stock market. | 股市就是潮起潮落 |
[26:22] | But more ebb at the moment. | 现在落的比较多吧 |
[26:25] | It appears I’m the victim of an unscrupulous broker. | 因为有个没良心的经纪人把我坑了 |
[26:29] | – So plot your revenge. – That takes cash. | -找他复仇 -要钱的 |
[26:33] | My bankroll is… | 我的账户 |
[26:36] | waning at present. | 现在比较紧 |
[26:42] | 10 cents on the dollar. | 一成 |
[26:45] | – 20. – That’s 100 grand, Arnold. | -两成 -那可是十万 |
[26:47] | Yes, it is. | 我知道 |
[26:56] | It’s probably the best investment I’ll ever make. | 估计是我这辈子最值的投资了 |
[26:59] | I know a dozen people who’d kill Mickey for free. | 不收钱也想做掉米奇的人多了去了 |
[27:08] | Good, but line it up at the bottom. | 很好 底部对齐摆成一排 |
[27:17] | – Well? – Yes. | -怎么样 -好了 |
[27:27] | You want to check behind my ears? | 你想检查一下我耳后吗 |
[27:28] | I’m sure you cleaned thoroughly. | 我肯定你清理得很干净 |
[27:32] | Maybe there are some splinters left. | 可能落下了一些细屑 |
[27:38] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[27:39] | We’ll both go. | 我们两个一起去 |
[27:45] | – What the hell’s going on? – I don’t know. | -发生什么事了 -我不知道 |
[27:47] | I’m not sure that I want to know. | 我不确定我想知道 |
[27:49] | I do. | 我想 |
[27:57] | – We’re not early, are we? – Oh, no. | -我们没来早 对吧 -没有 |
[28:01] | I got him! I got him! I got him! | 我抓住他了 我抓住他了 我抓住他了 |
[28:05] | Ever since you came home. | 自从你回家以后就这样了 |
[28:09] | You think I made him start? | 你觉得是我让他开始这样的 |
[28:12] | No. | 不 |
[28:13] | But for some reason, your being here makes it easier. | 但是由于某些原因 你在这里让他有了好转 |
[28:18] | It’s what he wants, and… | 这是他想要的 |
[28:20] | I don’t know how you stop him. | 我不知道你是怎样让他停下的 |
[28:25] | What do you two talk about? | 你们俩个都谈什么 |
[28:29] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:30] | I can hear you downstairs at 3:00 in the morning. | 我听到凌晨三点你们在楼下 |
[28:34] | What do you talk about? | 你们都谈什么 |
[28:37] | Mmm, things we’ve been through. | 我们经历过的事 |
[28:43] | It helps him. | 对他有帮助 |
[28:45] | And you. | 还谈论你 |
[28:47] | He worries about you. | 他担心你 |
[28:50] | We talk about that. | 我们谈这些 |
[28:57] | Why is he worried about me? | 他为什么担心我 |
[29:05] | You’re very bad at hiding things. | 你不擅长隐瞒 |
[29:11] | I thought I was pretty good at it. | 我以为我很擅长 |
[29:18] | From the drinking? | 喝酒的事 |
[29:21] | You need to hear it from him. | 你需要听他说 |
[29:23] | He’ll never tell me. | 他不会跟我说的 |
[29:26] | He’ll tell you when he’s ready. | 他准备好了之后就会告诉你 |
[29:37] | So he expects you to take care of us? | 所以他想要你照顾我们 |
[29:41] | We just talk, that’s all. | 我们只是聊天 就这样 |
[29:45] | I have a job, you know. | 我有工作 你知道吗 |
[29:48] | One of the girls, she started two months before me, | 有个女孩 她比我早来两个月 |
[29:52] | and they just made her a white flower. | 他们刚刚让她成为一个”白花” |
[29:54] | – A what? – A floor manager. | -一个什么 -楼层经理 |
[29:56] | $15 a week. | 一周十五美元 |
[29:59] | Hmm. You could do that. | 你也可以 |
[30:02] | I know I could. | 我知道我可以 |
[30:05] | And you wouldn’t need me. | 然后你就不需要我了 |
[30:08] | Didn’t you hear the judge? | 你没有听法官说吗 |
[30:12] | It would be better if I was married. | 我结婚了的话会更好 |
[30:17] | To who? | 跟谁 |
[30:20] | You might do in a pinch. | 在紧要关头你也可以凑合一下 |
[30:29] | If you don’t say something now, this is going to be very awkward. | 如果你现在不说点什么 就尴尬了 |
[30:36] | No, I– I didn’t… | 不 我没有 |
[30:42] | Yes. | 好 |
[30:46] | I’m saying yes. | 我说好 |
[31:00] | Mr. Purnsley never arrived. | 珀斯利先生没来 |
[31:04] | No, Doctor. | 不 博士 |
[31:06] | All through the long lovers’ night. | 你们度过了恩爱的一夜 |
[31:13] | I couldn’t make him stay. | 我没能让他留下 |
[31:15] | – He started getting worried. – About what? | -他开始担心了 -担心什么 |
[31:18] | His wife. She would ask questions. | 他的妻子 她会问问题 |
[31:26] | Really? | 真的 |
[31:29] | His oldest girl is getting married. | 他大女儿要结婚了 |
[31:31] | That’s important to him. | 这对他很重要 |
[31:34] | Is that what he talks to you about? | 他跟你谈的就是这些吗 |
[31:37] | I let him say what he wants. | 我让他畅所欲言 |
[31:39] | You listen, he talks. | 你倾听 他倾诉 |
[31:41] | The night wears on. | 夜色渐深 |
[31:43] | I couldn’t keep him. | 我没能留住他 |
[31:47] | And you haven’t seen him since? | 然后你就再也没见过他了 |
[31:55] | You know my wish is never to involve you, | 你知道我不希望你卷进来 |
[32:01] | to keep you separate. | 不让你趟浑水 |
[32:04] | Above the muck that I have walked through | 远离我一路来到罪恶之都 |
[32:07] | here in Babylon, | 的浑水 |
[32:10] | where we each of us have been exiled. | 我们被流放的地方 |
[32:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:18] | The things I do, | 我做的事 |
[32:20] | just simply to stand up and look my equals in the eye. | 只是站起来 看着我的同类 |
[32:24] | They are not your equals. | 他们不是你的同类 |
[32:26] | Then why must I struggle? | 那我为什么要挣扎 |
[32:30] | You… | 你 |
[32:32] | will be clothed in glory. | 会身披光辉 |
[32:40] | How well I’ve trained you. | 我把你训练得多好 |
[32:43] | I will keep him here next time. | 下次我会把他留住 |
[32:54] | You remember what we pledged to each other | 你记得我们离开新奥尔良时 |
[32:59] | the day we traveled out from New Orleans? | 我们对彼此许下的誓言吧 |
[33:04] | Many years past now. | 很多年过去了 |
[33:07] | We sat in a carriage | 我们坐在一个车厢里 |
[33:09] | more fit for cattle than for human beings, | 更像是放牲口的车厢里 |
[33:14] | and we vowed… | 我们发誓了 |
[33:16] | You would protect me. | 你会保护我 |
[33:19] | Always. | 永远 |
[33:21] | And that you would be free… | 还有你有自由 |
[33:26] | free to lie down with any man. | 有自由跟任何男人睡在一起 |
[33:32] | But your heart… | 但是你的心 |
[33:36] | Your heart… | 你的心 |
[33:40] | Was yours. | 是你的 |
[33:44] | Always yours. | 永远是你的 |
[33:48] | Your rug, | 你的垫子上 |
[33:50] | glass shards still in the carpet there. | 玻璃碎片还在地毯上 |
[33:55] | Mr. White is alive, and you, | 怀特先生还活着 还有你 |
[34:00] | you have crushed me. | 你伤透了我的心 |
[34:05] | Utterly! | 彻彻底底的 |
[34:21] | These men, do they rob you? | 这些人 他们把你打劫了吗 |
[34:24] | No, dear. | 不 亲爱的 |
[34:25] | Then why does this happen? | 那为什么会这样 |
[34:30] | They tried to rob me. | 他们想要打劫我 |
[34:32] | They– does it really matter?! | 他们 有关系吗 |
[34:36] | You are frightening Chester. | 你吓着切斯特了 |
[34:40] | Why isn’t he napping? | 他为什么没睡觉 |
[34:43] | Because you have waked him. | 因为你吵醒他了 |
[34:46] | You know, I think I’m just going to say this now. | 我觉得我现在要说 |
[34:49] | I’ve put up with an awful lot… | 我忍了很多 |
[34:51] | …that most men would– | 别人不会忍受的 |
[34:54] | Mueller! | 穆勒 |
[34:58] | Take him. | 带他走 |
[35:00] | – To where? – Wherever it is he gets put. | -去哪 -能让他安稳的地方 |
[35:03] | Du forsta?! | 明白吗 |
[35:08] | Mueller, open up. | 穆勒 打开 |
[35:16] | – No, no, no, no! – What the fuck happened, huh? | -不不 -怎么他妈的回事 |
[35:18] | – My family’s here. – That’s your problem. | -我的家人在这 -那是你的问题 |
[35:21] | – I was attacked. – What, by O’Banion? | -我被袭击了 -什么 被奥巴尼恩 |
[35:22] | No, by some men. | 不 被几个男人 |
[35:25] | Hooligans. I couldn’t see them. They were laying in wait. | 几个小流氓 我没看到他们 他们在埋伏着 |
[35:28] | Look, it’s not good if O’Banion knows what’s coming. | 不能让奥巴尼恩有所准备 |
[35:30] | You understand what I’m saying to you? | 我明白我说的话吧 |
[35:31] | No– yes. I mean, I do. | 不 是的 我是说 我明白 |
[35:37] | Give me till tonight. | 今晚之前我会解决 |
[35:40] | I’ll wait till after closing. | 关门之后我会动手 |
[35:44] | If you botch this up again… | 如果你再搞砸了 |
[35:47] | you know what happens, right? | 你知道后果 是吧 |
[35:49] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[35:51] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[36:15] | Sorry, this part’s rather tricky. | 抱歉 这部分有点难 |
[36:17] | It sounds lovely to me. | 我觉得很好听 |
[36:28] | He’s very talented, isn’t he? | 他很有天赋吧 |
[36:30] | Only three weeks of lessons. | 只学了三周 |
[36:33] | By the wedding, I expect we won’t need the band. | 婚礼的时候 我们可能不需要乐队了 |
[36:38] | Speaking of which, | 说到婚礼 |
[36:39] | shall we go over the table assignments? | 我们要看一遍客人的座位安排吗 |
[36:43] | We’ll certainly have to have the pastor on the dais. | 牧师肯定要站在台子上 |
[36:50] | Hello, White residence. This is Maybelle speaking. | 喂 怀特宅邸 我是梅贝尔 |
[36:54] | He’s with guests right now. | 他正在会客 |
[36:59] | I’d be happy to take a message. | 我可以帮你转达 |
[37:02] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[37:04] | Mr. Coates, the piano player. | 科茨先生 钢琴师 |
[37:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[37:20] | You stay where you are. | 你待在原地 |
[37:23] | Is everything all right? | 有什么事吗 |
[37:25] | – Is he calling for me? – My apologies. | -是找我吗 -抱歉 |
[37:28] | Matters at the club need attention. | 俱乐部的事情需要我去一趟 |
[37:30] | Daddy. | 老爸 |
[37:33] | Mrs. Crawford came here all the way from Newtonville. | 克劳福德太太从牛顿维尔赶过来 |
[37:35] | Perhaps Mr. Purnsley can attend to it? | 也许珀斯利先生可以招呼下 |
[37:37] | Afraid he can’t. I’ll be back directly. | 他恐怕不行 我马上就回来 |
[37:41] | You keep these good people entertained, son. | 儿子 让他们玩得开心的 |
[37:50] | Why even bother posting the hours? | 干嘛还把上班时间贴出来 |
[37:56] | There’s 10 minutes left. | 还剩十分钟 |
[38:00] | This is going straight into the complaint box. | 我必须要投诉他们 |
[38:08] | Sorry, folks. | 抱歉 |
[38:09] | Had to step away for a moment. | 失陪一会儿 |
[38:24] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[38:30] | It’s just a hunting license, isn’t it? | 不就是办个狩猎执照吗 |
[38:48] | Be easy now, Mr. White. | 放轻松 怀特先生 |
[39:01] | Let me see you, girl. | 让我看看你 姑娘 |
[39:05] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[39:11] | Come on, now. | 来 看看 |
[39:13] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[39:26] | Doctor done this to you? | 这是博士对你做的 |
[39:31] | It was the right hand of the Lord. | 是上帝之手 |
[39:35] | The doctor and Miss Daughter got their ways. | 博士和梅特兰小姐有他们相处的方式 |
[39:47] | Know how to tend to her? | 知道怎么照顾她吗 |
[39:49] | Been doing it longer than I wanted. | 已经做了很久了 |
[39:59] | You make her comfortable till I get back. | 我回来之前 照顾好她 |
[40:01] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[40:12] | Black man goes to church, | 黑人去教堂 |
[40:13] | says a prayer and gets a visit from God himself. | 祷告之后 上帝降临 |
[40:16] | “Now, son, I know you’re very curious,” God tells him, | “孩子我知道你很好奇” 上帝说 |
[40:19] | “So I’m going to allow you to ask me three questions.” | “所以你可以问我三个问题” |
[40:23] | And so the black man said to God, | 黑人问上帝 |
[40:24] | “Lord, why is my skin so black?” | “上帝 为什么我的皮肤这么黑” |
[40:28] | And God replied, | 上帝回答 |
[40:29] | “My son, that is so the intense sun of Africa won’t burn you.” | “这样 非洲的烈日才不会晒伤你” |
[40:33] | So then the black man said, | 黑人又问 |
[40:35] | “Lord, why is my head covered | “上帝 为什么我的头发 |
[40:38] | with all this kinky hair?” | 是卷的” |
[40:41] | And God replied, | 上帝回答 |
[40:42] | “My son, that is so the African mosquito can’t bite your head.” | “孩子 这样非洲的蚊子就叮不了你的头” |
[40:48] | So then the black man says, | 黑人又问 |
[40:49] | “Then, Lord, what in hell’s name am I doing in Atlantic City?” | “上帝 那我跑来大西洋城做什么” |
[40:56] | Oh, yes, the Lord loves us colored folk. | 上帝喜欢我们有色人种 |
[40:58] | Mr. Thompson, may I join you? | 汤普森先生 我能坐下吗 |
[41:02] | What did God say when He made the first Negro? | 上帝创造出来第一个黑人时 他说了什么 |
[41:05] | Why don’t you stand up? | 你还是站起来吧 |
[41:07] | I don’t believe I should have to. | 为什么要站起来 |
[41:08] | “Oh, no, I think I burned one!” | “不是吧 这个好像被烧过” |
[41:12] | What is it you’re doing, Doctor? | 博士 你在做什么 |
[41:13] | – Enjoying the ribaldry. – You know you can’t sit here. | -听粗俗的笑话 -你不能坐在这里 |
[41:16] | What do you call a Negro woman whose husband just died? | 刚死去丈夫的黑人妇女 你怎么称呼 |
[41:20] | A black widow. | 黑寡妇 |
[41:24] | Where I am from, | 我的家乡 |
[41:25] | there are no such things as niggers, Mr. Thompson, | 没有称之为黑鬼的东西 汤普森先生 |
[41:28] | and I refuse to be treated like one. | 我也不想被那样对待 |
[41:31] | Your friend, his days are numbered. | 你的朋友 他的好日子不长了 |
[41:33] | Why do Negroes refuse to go on sea cruises? | 为啥黑人拒绝上游艇 |
[41:36] | Is that a threat? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[41:37] | Come on, we ain’t gonna fall for that one again! | 拜托 我们不会再掉下去了 |
[41:43] | It is merely a fact. | 我说的是事实 |
[41:45] | The people of the Northside have lost confidence | 北区的人民已经失去了信心 |
[41:47] | and his political power is abating. | 他的政治权利也在减弱 |
[41:50] | You saw to that yourself | 这是你私卖海洛因 |
[41:52] | by pushing heroin. | 产生的臆想 |
[41:54] | -Stand up. -Chalky | -站起来 -朝琪 |
[41:55] | -Stand your ass up! -Not here, not now. | -快点站起来 -不是这里 不是现在 |
[41:58] | You gonna take your hands from me. | 把你的手拿开 |
[41:59] | -Apologies, ladies and gentlemen. -I’m calling you out, Doctor. | -抱歉 女士们先生们 -我在叫你 博士 |
[42:02] | Come on now, fellas. | 各位 快点 |
[42:02] | You beat a woman, | 你居然打女人 |
[42:04] | let me see what you do to a man! | 让我看看你对男人能怎样 |
[42:05] | Mr. Thompson, can you not control your friend? | 汤普森先生 能不能控制一下你的朋友 |
[42:08] | I can’t even sit in my club, | 我在自己的俱乐部里都坐不安生 |
[42:10] | and you in the front row with this sadistic motherfucker? | 你和这个虐待狂坐在前排 |
[42:21] | Think about what comes out of your mouth next | 说话之前请三思 |
[42:24] | unless you are ready for a war, | 除非你想发动一场战争 |
[42:26] | one that you will fight alone. | 一场你要独自战斗的战争 |
[43:12] | Mueller. | 穆勒 |
[43:14] | Sir? | 先生 |
[43:29] | Tell me again what happened. | 再给我说一遍发生了什么事 |
[43:33] | I was coming to work | 我来上班 |
[43:34] | -and I was approached by three men -no, | -有三个人接近我 -不是这个 |
[43:35] | the night Stuey bought it, | 那晚斯图伊出事 |
[43:37] | when you were on your frolic with the Capones. | 你和卡彭那群人混在一起的时候 |
[43:40] | – I told you, Mr. O’Banion– – I know you did, but… | -我告诉过你 奥巴尼恩先生 -我知道 但是… |
[43:44] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[43:47] | How’s about the truth, Mueller? | 真相呢 穆勒 |
[43:51] | Hmm? | 什么 |
[43:52] | One more “I’m sorry,” “I don’t know,” | 再说一句”抱歉” “我不知道” |
[43:56] | “I’m not lookin’ for any trouble,” | “我不是想找麻烦” |
[43:58] | and I will pop your head open | 我会让你的脑袋 |
[44:02] | like a melon. | 开花 |
[44:06] | I didn’t kill Stu. Al Capone did. | 我没有杀斯图 他是阿尔·卡彭杀的 |
[44:12] | But I have killed other men. | 不过我杀过其他人 |
[44:14] | The one you know about, | 你知道的 |
[44:16] | the three that attacked me, | 袭击我的那三个人 |
[44:19] | and my partner. | 还有我的同伙 |
[44:20] | Your what? | 你的什么 |
[44:22] | I was a Prohibition agent. | 我曾经是个禁酒探员 |
[44:27] | I drowned him with my bare hands. | 我亲手把他溺死了 |
[44:31] | My name isn’t Mueller. | 我不叫穆勒 |
[44:33] | I’m not legally married to my wife. | 我和我妻子也不是合法夫妻 |
[44:36] | I used to believe in God, | 我曾经信仰上帝 |
[44:39] | but now I don’t believe in anything at all. | 但是现在我什么都不信了 |
[44:47] | Sweep up the trimmings. | 把垃圾扫干净 |
[45:06] | Anything I can do you for, boys? | 有什么可以效劳的吗 先生 |
[45:08] | Just deciding. | 正在想 |
[45:10] | How about I make you up– | 不如我帮你们… |
[45:10] | What do you got that says you’re sorry | 什么东西能代表 |
[45:12] | and won’t ever do it again? | “抱歉 我不会再犯了” |
[45:14] | Here’s a man in need of roses. | 这个男人需要玫瑰 |
[45:16] | Roses are for my girlfriend. | 玫瑰是献给我女朋友的 |
[45:18] | What do you got for my wife? | 给我妻子送什么呢 |
[45:21] | You want chrysanthemums, friend. | 菊花可以吗 朋友 |
[45:22] | That get me out of dutch? | 能让我老婆消气吗 |
[45:24] | If it doesn’t, your money back. Deal? | 不能的话 就退你钱 |
[46:29] | – Get a couple of extra men out here. – Something up? | -再叫点人过来 -出事了吗 |
[46:33] | Just wouldn’t hurt to be careful. | 小心为上 |
[46:34] | I’ll call the round. | 我去叫人 |
[46:37] | One out front, another one on… | 一个人放在这 另一个 |
[46:43] | Don’t. | 别 |
[46:51] | What do you want? | 你来干什么 |
[46:54] | I came to see you. | 来见你 |
[46:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[47:02] | I got married today. | 我今天结婚了 |
[47:05] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[47:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:12] | – You came to tell me that? – No. | -你就是来告诉我这个的 -不是 |
[47:15] | I need a job. | 我需要一份工作 |
[47:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[47:38] | Who built this house? | 谁建造的这座房子 |
[47:41] | It’s late. | 现在很晚了 |
[47:42] | Who built it? | 谁造的 |
[47:52] | You did. | 你 |
[47:56] | Who pays the bills? | 谁付的账单 |
[48:00] | You do. | 你 |
[48:03] | Who’s holding $1,000 in his hand? | 谁手里正拿着一千块钱 |
[48:13] | You are. | 你 |
[48:19] | Who am I? | 我是谁 |
[48:23] | You are my husband. | 你是我丈夫 |
[48:29] | My name is Nelson Van Alden. | 我的名字叫尼尔森·范奥尔登 |
[48:42] | Take off your nightgown. | 把睡衣脱了 |
[49:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[49:20] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[49:22] | It won’t be much longer. | 不会太久的 |
[49:27] | Yes, that’ll be fine, sir. | 好的 没问题 先生 |
[49:31] | I will take care of that immediately. | 我会马上处理 |
[49:37] | Who was that? | 是谁 |
[49:38] | Ah, just business. | 生意上的事 |
[49:40] | – At this hour? – They’re working late in Memphis. | -这个点谈生意 -孟菲斯那边喜欢加班 |
[49:45] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[49:47] | No, actually. | 其实有点 |
[49:50] | You’re fightin’ the urge. | 你在和毒瘾抗争 |
[49:55] | I need to be strong, for Tommy. | 我需要坚强起来 为了汤米 |
[50:00] | And if you lose him? | 如果你失去他呢 |
[50:03] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[50:07] | The decision will be made for you, Gillian. | 这不是你能做的决定 吉莉安 |
[50:09] | You need to prepare. | 你要做好准备 |
[50:13] | What I’ve done for that boy… | 我为那个孩子所做的一切 |
[50:16] | it can’t all have been for nothing. | 不能就这么被全部否定了 |
[50:20] | It brought you to me. | 至少将你带到我身边 |
[50:22] | Doesn’t that count for somethin’? | 这多少也算是一份功劳吧 |
[50:36] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[50:39] | I’ll be fine in a day or two. | 一两天内我就会好了 |
[50:43] | You’ll be fine sooner than that. | 你会更快好起来的 |
[50:49] | The doctor, | 博士 |
[50:52] | what he did… | 他所做的事情 |
[50:55] | that wasn’t nothing but for my own good. | 是为了我好 |
[51:01] | He sees things we don’t. | 他能预见到我们看不到的事情 |
[51:07] | Divination. | 预测 |
[51:12] | I think you and me must’ve gone to a different church. | 我觉得你和我去的肯定不是一个教派的教堂 |
[51:17] | Don’t act the fool again, girl. | 别犯傻了 姑娘 |
[51:20] | You hear me? | 听到了吗 |
[51:22] | Don’t kill him. | 别杀他 |
[51:27] | Promise me you won’t. | 向我保证 |
[51:31] | Make a promise to you, break another to myself. | 向你保证 就是反悔我对自己的承诺 |
[51:37] | I can’t lose you too. | 我不能失去你 |
[51:43] | Don’t. | 别 |
[51:50] | Daddy, it’s me. | 爸爸 是我 |
[51:52] | I know you’re there. | 我知道你在里面 |
[51:59] | Maybelle, this is Miss Maitland, | 梅布尔 这位是梅特兰小姐 |
[52:02] | one of the acts from the club. | 俱乐部的一位演员 |
[52:06] | She had a accident, so I come by to– | 她发生点意外 所以我过来 |
[52:07] | What’d you come to do, Daddy? | 你到底做了什么 爸爸 |
[52:11] | Baby girl, look– | 女儿 听着 |
[52:29] | Wheet. | 惠特 |
[52:31] | Thompson. | 汤普森 |
[52:34] | How are tricks, Thompson? | 你怎么样 汤普森 |
[52:39] | It’s foggy here. | 这边起雾了 |
[52:41] | Did you call to talk about the weather? | 你打电话是和我谈天气的吗 |
[52:44] | I just called to talk. | 我打电话是想和你聊聊 |
[52:49] | Thunderstorm this evening. | 今天有雷阵雨 |
[52:52] | Cooled things off a little. | 温度降了点 |
[52:55] | Sunny and hot tomorrow. | 明天又是艳阳天 |
[52:59] | Is this exciting you? | 你听着有意思吗 |
[53:02] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[53:05] | It’s a clear night. | 今晚云少 |
[53:08] | The moon’s out. | 月亮出来了 |
[53:10] | I’m sleeping on the porch. | 我在走廊里睡的 |
[53:13] | You’re not sleeping now. | 你现在可没在睡觉 |
[53:16] | Somebody woke me up. | 有人把我叫起来了 |
[53:22] | Your turn. | 轮到你了 |
[53:26] | What does a man do down there in Florida? | 一个男人在佛罗里达都干些什么 |
[53:30] | Aside from gator fights? | 除了看斗鳄鱼这项活动 |
[53:32] | You didn’t like those? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[53:35] | I won 50 bucks. | 我赢了五十块 |
[53:36] | Well… | 怎么说呢 |
[53:39] | a man does what he wants. | 男人为所欲为 |
[53:42] | Or maybe he doesn’t do anything at all. | 或者什么事都不做 |
[53:45] | Would you put up with a man like that? | 你能忍受这样的男人吗 |
[53:47] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[53:50] | Not for too long. | 但是不会长久 |
[53:53] | I could come down. | 我可以去找你 |
[53:55] | You could. | 你可以 |
[53:58] | Check on the operation. | 看看生意怎么样 |
[54:00] | Business is business. | 生意归生意 |
[54:07] | I should let you get back to sleep. | 我该让你继续睡下了 |
[54:10] | Call me tomorrow. | 明天给我打电话 |
[54:13] | Maybe a little earlier, though. | 最好是早点 |
[54:16] | I might do that. | 我可能会打的 |
[54:19] | Don’t get lost in the fog now. | 别迷失在浓雾里 |