英文名称:Breakfast at Tiffany's
年代:1961
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:52] | Hey, baby, what’s going on here? | 嘿 宝贝 怎么搞的? |
[02:54] | Oh, hi. | 哦 你好! |
[03:16] | Miss Gorightly! I… | 戈莱特利小姐 我… |
[03:20] | Some day…Some day…! | 总有一天… 总有一天…! |
[03:23] | Miss Gorightly! | 戈莱特利小姐! |
[03:27] | What happened to you anyway? You take off to the powder room that’s the last I see you. | 你怎么搞的? 去了女厕我就没找到你 |
[03:31] | -Now, really, Harry… -Harry was the other guy. | -哈利… -哈利是别人 |
[03:34] | I’m Sid, Sid Arbuck. You like me, remember? | 我是席德·阿巴克 你喜欢我 记得吗? |
[03:37] | Miss Gorightly! I protest! | 戈莱特利小姐 我抗议! |
[03:40] | Darling, I am sorry, but I lost my key. | 对不起 亲爱的 我丢了钥匙 |
[03:44] | That was two weeks ago. | 那是两周前的事 |
[03:45] | You cannot keep ringing my bell. | 你不能老是按我的门铃 |
[03:48] | You disturb me! You must have a key made! | 这样骚扰到我! 你要配把新钥匙! |
[03:52] | But I just lose them all. | 可是配了也会被我弄丢 |
[03:54] | -Come on. You like me. you know you do. -I worship you, Mr Arbuck. | -宝贝 你喜欢我的 -我仰慕你 阿巴克先生 |
[03:58] | -Good night. -Wait! What is this? | -晚安 -等等 这算什么意思? |
[04:00] | You like me. I’m a liked guy. | 你喜欢我 我很受欢迎 |
[04:03] | You like me,baby you know you do,I picked up the cheque for five people, your friends,I’ve never seen them before. | 我不是为你的五个朋友付钱…以前从没见过的 |
[04:07] | When you wanted change for the powder room I gave you $50. | 你去女厕时向我要零钱 我给了你五十元 |
[04:11] | Now that gives me rights. | 我就有权来找你呀 |
[04:13] | In 30 seconds I call the police! | 三十秒后我会报警 |
[04:16] | All the time, disturbance! | 一天到晚骚扰到我 |
[04:19] | I get no sleep! | 害得我都睡不着觉 |
[04:20] | I got to get my rest! I’m an artist! | 我需要休息 我是个艺术家! |
[04:23] | I going to call vice squad on you! | 我要通知一车警察来! |
[04:25] | Don’t be angry. I won’t do it again. | 别生气啦 我下次不啦 |
[04:29] | I might let you take those pictures. | 没准下次答应让你拍照哦 |
[04:33] | When? | 什么时候? |
[04:34] | Some time. | 改天啦 |
[04:38] | Any time. | 随时恭候 |
[04:40] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[06:02] | I’m sorry to bother you,but I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. | 抱歉打扰你 我打不开楼下的门 |
[06:08] | I guess they sent me the upstairs key. | 他们只给我楼上的钥匙 |
[06:11] | I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. | 所以打不开楼下的门 |
[06:15] | I said, I guess they sent me the…upstairs key. | 我说 他们只给我…楼上的钥匙 |
[06:20] | I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. Sorry to wake you. | 所以打不开楼下的门 抱歉吵醒你了 |
[06:23] | That’s quite all right. | 没事 |
[06:26] | It could happen to anyone…quite frequently does. Good night. | 别人也会碰上这事…经常会发生 晚安 |
[06:29] | I hate to… | 我不想… |
[06:32] | I hate to bother you, but if I could ask for one more favour? could I use the phone? | 我不想麻烦你 但是能借用下电话吗? |
[06:38] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 有何不可? |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1344个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:198个,六级词汇:99个,GRE词汇:107个,托福词汇:147个,考研词汇:212个,专四词汇:177个,专八词汇:32个, 所有生词标注共:399个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:44] | Well, this is a… | 哇塞 你这里… |
[06:46] | nice little place you’ve got here. | 还不错 |
[06:49] | You just moved in, too, huh? | 你也是刚搬进来吗? |
[06:52] | I’ve been here about a year. | 不 搬来一年了 |
[06:54] | Phone’s over there. | 电话在那里 |
[06:56] | Well, it was. | 本来是在那里的 |
[06:59] | Oh, I remember. | 哦 我想起来了 |
[07:01] | I stuck it in the suitcase to muffle the sound. | 我把它放进皮箱了 用来阻挡那声响 |
[07:11] | I’m…sorry. | 我…很抱歉 |
[07:13] | Is he all right? | 它没事吗? |
[07:15] | Sure. He’s OK, aren’t you, cat? | 没事 没事 它很好 猫咪 |
[07:17] | Poor old cat. | 可怜的老猫 |
[07:20] | Poor slob. Poor slob without a name. | 可怜的无名猫 |
[07:23] | I don’t have the right to give him one. | 我没有权利替它起名 |
[07:26] | We don’t belong to each other, we just took up by the river one day. | 我们不属于对方 我们只是某天在河边相遇 |
[07:30] | I don’t even wanna own anything | 我并不想拥有任何东西 |
[07:32] | until I find a place where me and things go together. | 直至找到属于我的那个地方 |
[07:35] | not sure where that is, but I know what it’s like. | 我不知道这地方在哪 但我知道那种感觉 |
[07:38] | It’s like Tiffany’s. | 就像蒂凡尼 |
[07:41] | Tiffany’s? You mean the jewellery store? | 蒂凡尼? 珠宝店吗? |
[07:43] | That’s right. | 对 |
[07:45] | I’m crazy about Tiffany’s. | 我为之疯狂的蒂凡尼 |
[07:48] | Listen. | 听着 |
[07:50] | You know those days when you get the mean reds? | 你曾有过满脸通红的时候吗? |
[07:53] | The mean reds? You mean the blues? | 满脸通红? 你是说沮丧? |
[07:58] | The blues are because you’re getting fat or it’s been raining too long,you’re just sad,that’s all. | 沮丧是因为长胖了或一直下雨 你只是心情不佳而已 |
[08:03] | The mean reds are horrible. | 满脸通红是很可怕 |
[08:04] | Suddenly, you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. | 突然之间 你感到害怕 却不知道原因 |
[08:08] | -Do you ever get that feeling? -Sure. | -你有过这种感觉吗? -当然 |
[08:11] | When I get it, the only thing all that does any good | 当我有这种感觉的时候 |
[08:14] | is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany’s. | 我就立刻跳上出租车 去蒂凡尼 |
[08:17] | Calms me down right away. | 这样能让我立刻冷静下来 |
[08:19] | The quietness and proud look of it. | 一个很宁静和高贵的地方 |
[08:21] | Nothing bad could happen to you there. | 坏事不可能在那发生 |
[08:23] | If I could find a real life place | 如果我能找到一个 |
[08:25] | that made me feel like Tiffany’s, then… | 像蒂凡尼那样的地方 那么… |
[08:28] | then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name. | 我就会买些家具 替猫咪起名 |
[08:34] | I’m sorry. You wanted something. The telephone. | 抱歉 你要什么来着 对了 是电话 |
[08:39] | I was supposed to meet somebody. | 我本该与一个人见面的 |
[08:40] | I mean, this is 10:00 Thursday morning, isn’t it? | 现在是周四早上十点吧? |
[08:44] | I just got off a plane from Rome and I’m not too sure. | 我刚从罗马回来 所以不太肯定 |
[08:47] | Thursday. Is this Thursday? | 周四 是周四吗? |
[08:50] | -I think so. -Thursday? Oh, no it can’t be. | -我想是吧 -周四? 不会吧! |
[08:52] | It’s too gruesome! | 讨厌的周四! |
[08:56] | Well, what’s so gruesome about Thursday? | 周四为什么讨厌? |
[09:00] | Nothing. It’s about I never remember when it’s coming up. | 没什么 我总是忘记周四的来临 |
[09:02] | Wednesdays, I generally don’t go to bed at all | 所以周三晚上我一般都不睡觉 |
[09:05] | because I have to catch the 10:45. | 因为我要在周四赶上午10:45的班次 |
[09:07] | And they are so particular about visiting hours. | 他们对探访时间有严格要求 |
[09:10] | Could you be a darling and look under the bed… | 能否帮我看一下床下有没有… |
[09:12] | for a pair of alligator shoes. | 一双鳄鱼皮鞋 |
[09:16] | I’ve got to do something about the way I look. | 我得打扮一下 |
[09:19] | I mean girls just can’t go to Sing Sing with a green face. | 女孩不能脸色苍白的去星星 |
[09:22] | Sing Sing? | 星星? |
[09:26] | That’s what I thought it’s a ridiculous name for a prison. “Sing Sing” I mean, | 我一直觉得监狱叫这名字很奇怪 |
[09:28] | Sounds more like an opera house or something. | 听上去还以为是歌剧院什么的呢 |
[09:31] | Black, alligator. | 快 黑色鳄鱼皮鞋 |
[09:33] | You know all the visitors make an effort to look their best. It’s only fair. | 所有探访者都悉心打扮 |
[09:37] | Acturally it’s very touching, all the women wearing their prettiest things. | 所有女士也穿戴漂亮 令人感动 |
[09:40] | I just love them for it. And I love the kids, too. I mean the kids… | 我也爱孩子们 我是说孩子… |
[09:44] | It should be sad seeing kids there, but it isn’t. | 在那见到孩子应该感到可悲 但其实不是 |
[09:47] | They have ribbons in their hair and looks shine on their shoes. You think it’s going to be icecreem. | 他们头上扎了蝴蝶结 鞋子擦得发亮 像是要参加什么派对 |
[09:51] | As I understand it, | 照我看来 |
[09:53] | what we’re doing is getting you ready to visit somebody at Sing Sing. | 我像在替你准备去星星探访人 |
[09:56] | That’s right. You can tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. | 对 从男人送的耳环 就知道他的为人 |
[10:01] | I must say, the mind reels. | 它可以看穿人心 |
[10:03] | -May I ask whom? -Whom what? Oh, whom I’m going to visit, you mean? | -能知道那人是谁吗? -谁? 我要探望谁吗? |
[10:07] | I guess that’s what I mean. | 我就是这个意思 |
[10:09] | I don’t know if I should even discussing. | 我不知道是否能谈论这事 |
[10:11] | Well they never told me not to tell anyone. | 但他没有要我别告诉别人 |
[10:13] | You’d cross your heart and kiss your elbow. | 你要发誓不透露半句 |
[10:15] | I’ll try. | 我尽力吧 |
[10:17] | You probably read about him, his name is Sally Tomato. | 你可能看过有关他的报导 他是沙里·托马图 |
[10:20] | Sally Tomato? | 沙里·托马图? |
[10:21] | Don’t look so shocked. | 别一幅惊讶的样子 |
[10:22] | They couldn’t prove sencond he was in the Mafia, much less head of it. | 他们不能证明他是黑帮分子 |
[10:27] | They only proved he cheated his income tax. | 只证明他确实有逃税 |
[10:29] | Anyway all I know’s he’s a darling old man. | 我只知道他是仁慈可爱的老人 |
[10:32] | He wasn’t my lover or anything like that. | 他从来不是我的情人 |
[10:34] | I never knew him until after he was in prison. But I adore him now. | 他入狱前我并不认识他 但现在我仰慕他 |
[10:37] | I mean I’ve seen him every Thursday for seven months. | 七个月来 我每周四都去探访他 |
[10:40] | I’d go even if he didn’t pay me. | 现在就算他不付钱给我 我也会去 |
[10:43] | -Shoes. -I only found one. | -鞋子 -我只找到一只 |
[10:48] | -He pays you? -That’s right. Or anyway his lawyer does. | -他付钱给你? -是的 或者他的律师付钱 |
[10:52] | If he is a lawyer, which I doubt. | 我怀疑他不是律师 |
[10:54] | He doesn’t have an office only has an answering service | 他连个办公室都没有 只有一部留言机 |
[10:56] | and he always wants to meet at Hamburger Heaven. | 而且他总是要我到汉堡天堂找他 |
[11:00] | There you are, you sneak. Thank you. | 原来在这里 你这个小坏蛋 谢谢你 |
[11:03] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[11:04] | Dress…Dress… | 裙子…裙子… |
[11:07] | Here we are…Bag. | 好了…手袋也行了 |
[11:09] | And a hat, too. | 再戴个帽子 |
[11:10] | There we are. | 好了 |
[11:12] | Anyway, about seven months ago, this so-called lawyer | 七个月前 这个叫奥肖内西的律师问我 |
[11:15] | asked me if how I’d like to cheer up a lonely old man | 是否愿意去探访一个寂寞老人 |
[11:18] | and pick up 100 a week at the same time. | 换取一百元周薪 |
[11:20] | I told him, “Look darling, You’ve got the wrong Holly Golightly.” | 我告诉他 “亲爱的律师 你找错人了 好孩子能够赚到这笔钱” |
[11:24] | A girl could do any trips to the powder room. | 女孩只要能去女厕 愿意做任何事 |
[11:26] | I mean any gentalmen will give a girl $50 for the powder room. | 任何人也愿意给她五十元 |
[11:30] | And cab fare too, that’s another 50. | 再给五十元计程车费 |
[11:32] | Then he told me his client was Sally Tomato. | 接着他说那个老人叫沙里·托马图 |
[11:35] | Dear old Sally had seen me at Elmer’s somewhere | 沙里在”艾摩”见到我 |
[11:38] | and had admired me a la distance. | 远远就被我吸引住了 |
[11:40] | It would be a good deed to visit him once a week. | 每周去探访他 也算是做好事 |
[11:43] | But how could I say no? It was so wildly romantic. | 我怎可拒绝 很是浪漫呢 |
[11:47] | How do I look? | 我看起来怎样? |
[11:50] | Very good. I must say I’m amazed. | 非常好看 让我眼前一亮 |
[11:53] | You’re a darling how could I never have done it without you. | 没有你的帮忙 我可做不到哦 |
[11:56] | Bag… | 手袋… |
[11:57] | Call me any time. | 欢迎随时找我 |
[12:00] | I’m just upstairs, or I will be as soon as I get moved in. | 我就住楼上 我就快搬来了 |
[12:04] | Bye, cat. | 再见 猫咪 |
[12:10] | You mean he gives you $100 for an hour’s conversation? | 你跟他聊一小时天 就有一百元? |
[12:15] | Mr O’Shaughnessy does when I give him the weather report. | 我告诉他天气报告之后 就能拿到钱 |
[12:19] | Look,it’s none of my business, but sound to me like you could get in trouble. | 此事与我无关 但我感觉你会有麻烦 |
[12:23] | Hold this for me, will you? | 替我按着好吗? |
[12:27] | And what do you mean, weather report? | 天气报告是什么意思? |
[12:30] | Just a message I give Mr O’Shaughnessy, | 就是传口讯给奥肖内西 |
[12:32] | so he knows I really have been there. | 这样他就能确定我有去探访 |
[12:34] | Sally tells me things to say like… | 沙里会告诉我一些… |
[12:37] | “There’s a hurricane in Cuba”, | “古巴有飓风” |
[12:39] | “cloudy over Palermo”, things like that. | “巴勒莫多云” 之类的东西 |
[12:42] | You don’t have to worry. I’ve taken care of myself for a long time. | 别担心 长久以来 我一直自己照顾自己 |
[12:53] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[13:01] | -I never could do that. -It’s easy. | -我从来做不到这样 -很容易的 |
[13:12] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[13:13] | I’m late. I know it. | 我知道我迟到了 |
[13:19] | Don’t tell me you were locked out? Didn’t you get the key? | 别说你进不去 你没有钥匙吗? |
[13:22] | Oh, darling. I’m so sorry. | 哦 亲爱的 很抱歉 |
[13:26] | No, I got the key, all right. | 不 我有钥匙 |
[13:28] | Miss Golightly, my neighbour, was kind of let me in. | 我的邻居戈莱特利小姐让我进去了 |
[13:31] | Miss Golightly’s on her way to Sing Sing. | 她现在要去星星监狱 |
[13:34] | Just visiting, of course. | 当然是去探望别人 |
[13:36] | Miss Golightly, | 戈莱特利小姐 |
[13:37] | Mrs Falenson, my…decorator. | 法伦逊太太 我的…装修设计师 |
[13:39] | -How do you do? -How do you do? | -你好 -你好 |
[13:42] | Darling. Let me look at you. | 亲爱的 让我看看你 |
[13:47] | -Are you through? I’m in a terrible rush. -Was the flight ghastly? | -你用完了吗? 我赶车 -旅程很可怕吗? |
[13:50] | Grand Central station, and step on it, darling. | 中央车站 请尽快 |
[13:55] | Is it only three weeks since I left you in Rome? | 我们真的才分开三周吗? |
[13:59] | Seems like years. | 简直如隔三秋 |
[14:00] | -You seen the apartment? -Not yet. | -你看过公寓了吗? -还没 |
[14:03] | I know it was wicked of me, but I couldn’t resist. | 我知道我性急了一点 但我实在忍不住 |
[14:06] | I weng ahead fixed it up without you. | 没告诉你 就打点好这些了 |
[14:08] | I think it’s darling, | 我认为很好看 |
[14:10] | but if you absolutely hate it, we can start from scratch. | 如果你不喜欢…我们可以改掉一切 重新布置 |
[14:29] | Hey, baby! Where you going? | 嗨 宝贝! 你要去哪里? |
[14:33] | Come on, baby. Open the door. | 来吧 快点开门 |
[14:37] | Ah, be a pal! | 听话一点嘛 |
[14:40] | You’re breaking up a beautiful party. | 别破坏一个美妙的派对嘛 |
[14:44] | Come on, baby. Open the door. | 快点开门啦 |
[14:47] | Hey, the band’s swinging. | 乐队开始演奏啦 |
[14:49] | Aw, come on, baby. | 来吧 宝贝 |
[14:55] | Once again, I must protest! | 我要再次抗议 |
[14:58] | If you don’t stop that phonograph right this minute, | 若你不马上关掉唱机 |
[15:01] | I’m going to call the police department! | 我就报警啦 |
[15:05] | Yeah. That’s more better. | 这样好多了 |
[15:11] | What’s the matter, baby? | 宝贝 怎么了? |
[15:18] | Come on. You’re a great kid. Open the door. | 你是好孩子 快开门 |
[15:23] | Come on, baby. I’m waiting for you. | 来吧 我在等你 |
[16:23] | -It’s all right. It’s only me. -Wait a minute. Miss… | -没事 是我 -等等… |
[16:27] | Golightly. Holly Golightly. | 戈莱特利 赫丽·戈莱特利 |
[16:29] | I live downstairs. We met this morning, remember? | 我住在楼下 今早我们见过 记得吗? |
[16:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:35] | It’s all right. She’s gone. | 没问题 她己走了 |
[16:38] | Must say she works late hours for a decorator. | 作为一个设计师 她还真敬业哦 |
[16:41] | The things is there’s the most terrifying man downstairs. | 现在有一个可怕的人在楼下 |
[16:44] | I mean he’s sweet when he isn’t drunk, but some vino, | 他没喝醉时是好人 但喝醉后 |
[16:47] | and, golly, quel beast. | 就是一头野兽了 |
[16:49] | It got so tiresome, I went out the window. | 我受不了他 所以从窗口逃出来 |
[16:56] | Look, you can throw me out if you want to, | 你可以赶走我 |
[16:59] | but you looked so cosy and your decorator friend had gone home, | 但你看来很友好 而你的朋友又离开了 |
[17:02] | and it was getting cold on the fire escape. | 外面又寒冷 |
[17:06] | And I’d always heard people in New York | 听说纽约的人 |
[17:09] | never get to know their neighbours. | 人与人之间很冷漠 |
[17:12] | Well, how was Sing Sing? | 星星怎么样? |
[17:16] | Fine. I made the train and everything. | 很好 我赶上火车了 一切顺利 |
[17:20] | And what’s the weather report? | 天气报告怎样? |
[17:22] | Small-craft warnings, | “哈特勒斯有警告” |
[17:24] | Block Island to Hatteras…whatever that means. | “布洛克岛有警告” 管它是什么意思 |
[17:30] | You know, you’re sweet. You really are. | 你真好 真的很好 |
[17:33] | And you look a little like my brother Fred. | 你跟我的弟弟弗瑞德很像 |
[17:37] | Do you mind if I call you Fred? | 你介意我叫你弗瑞德吗? |
[17:39] | Not at all. | 不介意 |
[17:46] | 300. She’s very generous. | 三百元 她真慷慨 |
[17:49] | Is it by the week, hour or what? | 以周薪还是时薪计算? |
[17:51] | OK. The party’s over. Out. | 好了 派对结束了 出去 |
[17:53] | Oh, Fred. Darling Fred, I’m sorry. | 弗瑞德 亲爱的弗瑞德 很抱歉 |
[17:56] | I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Don’t be angry. | 我不是故意伤害你的 别生气 |
[18:00] | I was trying to let you know I understand. | 我只想说我能理解 |
[18:03] | I understand completely. | 我完全能理解 |
[18:05] | It’s OK. Stick around. Make yourself a drink. | 没关系 待一会儿吧 自己倒杯酒喝 |
[18:08] | -Throw me my robe. I’ll make you one. -You stay right where you are. | -递给我睡袍 我给你倒酒 -你呆着 |
[18:10] | You must be absolutely exhausted. | 你一定累坏了 |
[18:13] | I mean, it’s very late, | 我是说现在很晚了 |
[18:14] | and you were sound asleep and everything. | 你应该已经睡了 |
[18:19] | I suppose you think I’m tres fou or something. | 我想你可能认为我厚颜无耻 |
[18:22] | Don’t think any fouer than anybody else. | 其他人也是这样 |
[18:24] | Yes, you do. Everybody does. I don’t mind. | 是的 人人都这样 我不介意 |
[18:27] | It’s useful being top banana in the shock department. | 在公寓里住最高层真有用 |
[18:33] | What do you do, anyway? | 你是干什么的呀? |
[18:35] | -I’m a writer, I guess. -You guess? Don’t you know? | -我猜我是作家吧 -你猜? 你不知道吗? |
[18:40] | OK. Positive statement. Ringing affirmative. | 好吧 确定一定以及肯定 |
[18:43] | I’m a writer. | 我是作家 |
[18:45] | The only writer I’ve ever been out with is Benny Shacklett. | 我唯一约会过的作家是班尼·夏克利特 |
[18:49] | He’s written a lot of TV stuff, but quel rat. | 他给电视台写东西 但差劲极了 |
[18:53] | Tell me, are you a real writer? | 你是真正的作家吗? |
[18:56] | I mean, does anybody buy what you write or publish anything? | 我是说 有人买下你的作品出版吗? |
[19:00] | They bought what’s in that box. | 他们买下箱子里的东西 |
[19:04] | Yours? | 你写的吗? |
[19:06] | All these books? | 这些书都是吗? |
[19:08] | There’s just the one book, | 是同一本书 |
[19:09] | 12 copies of it. | 那里有十二本 |
[19:11] | “Nine Lives” by Paul Varjak. | “九条生命” 保罗·瓦约克著 |
[19:15] | They’re stories. | 这些是故事 |
[19:17] | Nine of them. | 共有九个 |
[19:19] | Tell me one. | 告诉我其中一个 |
[19:22] | They’re not the kind story you can really tell. | 这些不是适合说出来的故事 |
[19:24] | Too dirty? | 太下流吗? |
[19:27] | Yeah, I suppose they’re dirty, too, | 可算是吧 但不是故意的 |
[19:30] | but only incidentally. | 大部分评语是愤怒的 |
[19:31] | Mainly they’re angry, sensitive, intensely felt, | 感性的 有共鸣 |
[19:36] | and that dirtiest of all words, promising. | 最差的形容是”有希望” |
[19:39] | So said The Times Book Review, October 1, 1956. | 引述自1956年10月1日 [时代杂志]书中 |
[19:44] | -1956? -That’s right. | -1956年? -对 |
[19:47] | I suppose this a ratty question, but what have you written lately? | 冒昧问下 你最近有什么作品? |
[19:52] | Lately, I’ve been working on a novel. | 最近 我在写一本小说 |
[19:55] | -Lately, since 1956? -A novel takes a long time. | -自从1956年到现在? -写小说要花很多时间 |
[19:58] | -I want to get it exactly right. -So no more stories. | -我想做到最好 -所以没有写小故事? |
[20:03] | The idear is I’m supposed to not fritter my talent on little things. | 我不想在小事上浪费才华 |
[20:07] | I’m suppose to saving it for the big one. | 我想留待重要时刻才用 |
[20:09] | Tell me do you write every day? | 你每天都有写作吗? |
[20:12] | Sure. | 当然 |
[20:13] | -Today? -Sure. | -今天呢? -当然 |
[20:15] | It’s a beautiful typewriter. | 打字机很漂亮 |
[20:18] | Of course. | 是 |
[20:19] | It writes nothing but sensitive, intensely felt, promising prose. | 我只写感性 有共鸣 和有希望的散文 |
[20:22] | There’s no ribbon in it. | 但里面没有打字带 |
[20:23] | There isn’t? | 没有? |
[20:25] | No. | 对 |
[20:32] | You know something you said this morning has bothered me all day. | 今早你提到的事让我很困扰 |
[20:36] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[20:37] | Do they really give you $50 when ever you go to the powder room? | 你去女厕 他们真的给你五十元吗? |
[20:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:43] | You must do very well. | 你一定很出色 |
[20:45] | I’m trying to save, but I’m not very good at it. | 我努力存钱 但不太成功 |
[20:53] | You know, you do look a lot like my brother Fred. | 知道吗? 你和我弟弟弗瑞德真的很像 |
[20:56] | I haven’t seen him since I was 14, when I left home. | 自从我十四岁离家后 就一直没见过他 |
[21:01] | He was already 6’2″. | 当时他已有六尺二寸高 |
[21:04] | It must have been the peanut butter that did it. | 可能是花生酱的功效 |
[21:07] | Everybody thought he was dotty, the way he ate peanut butter. | 所有人都认为他疯狂的喜欢吃花生酱 |
[21:11] | But he wasn’t dotty, | 但他不是疯狂 |
[21:14] | just sweet and vague and…terribly slow. | 只是可爱 含糊和…过于迟钝 |
[21:20] | Poor Fred. He’s in the army now. | 可怜的弗瑞德 他现在当兵去了 |
[21:24] | It’s really the best place for him until I get enough money saved. | 那是最适合他的地方 等我存够了钱 |
[21:28] | -And then? -And then Fred and I… | -然后怎样? -然后我就和弗瑞德… |
[21:32] | I went to Mexico once. | 我去过一次墨西哥 |
[21:35] | It’s a wonderful place for raising horses. | 那儿是养马的好地方 |
[21:39] | I saw one place near the sea that… | 我看到有一处靠海的地方… |
[21:43] | Fred’s very good with horses. | 弗瑞德擅于跟马儿相处 |
[21:45] | Even land in Mexico costs something. | 但即使墨西哥的土地也很昂贵 |
[21:48] | And no matter whatever I do, there’s never more than $200 in the bank. | 可不管我做什么 我的银行卡上总超不过200元 |
[21:54] | It can’t be 4:30. | 现在不可能是四点半 |
[21:57] | It just can’t. | 不可能的 |
[22:03] | Do you mind if I just get in with you for a minute? | 你介意我到你床上待一会儿吗? |
[22:09] | It’s all right. Really, it is. | 放心 没事的 |
[22:12] | We’re friends, that’s all. | 我们是朋友 仅此而己 |
[22:17] | We are friends, aren’t we? | 我们是朋友吗? |
[22:20] | Sure. | 当然 |
[22:29] | OK, let’s don’t say another word. | 好的 什么话都别说了 |
[22:34] | Let’s just go to sleep. | 我们一起入睡 |
[22:58] | Where are you, Fred? | 弗瑞德 你在哪儿? |
[23:02] | It’s cold. | 好冷 |
[23:06] | There’s snow and…wind. | 又刮风又下雪的 |
[23:12] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[23:18] | Why are you crying? | 你怎么哭了? |
[23:26] | If we’re going to be friends, let’s get one thing straight right now. | 如果我们是朋友 就要弄清楚一件事 |
[23:30] | I hate snoops. | 我讨厌被打探 |
[24:20] | -Yeah. -Lucille, darling? | -是谁 -我呀 亲爱的? |
[24:25] | I’ve been trying desperately to reach you. | 找你找得好辛苦 |
[24:27] | Bill just got back… | 比尔刚回来… |
[24:29] | a day early, the beast… | 他提前一天回来… |
[24:31] | so I’ll have to beg off. | 所以我来不了 |
[24:34] | You’ll explain to the rest of the girls? | 你会向其他女孩解释吗? |
[24:37] | You’re a darling. | 你真好 |
[24:38] | Maybe we can have a long lunch tomorrow. | 或许明天我们可一起吃午饭 |
[24:42] | -I’ll phone you in the morning. -Whatever you say. | -我明早电话你 -你说了算 |
[24:46] | You’ll manage to survive without me tonight? | 今晚我不在没问题吗? |
[24:49] | Sure. I might even take a wild, boyish fling at writing. | 当然 我可能可以撒欢写作 |
[24:54] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[25:21] | Got yourself stuffed, huh, Polly, baby? | 吃撑了吧 活该 |
[25:24] | Serves you right, big mouth. | 今晚自己照顾自己 大嘴鸟 |
[25:34] | Aren’t you drinking? | 你没喝酒吗? |
[25:38] | You have pockets or something? What do you go by? | 你有口袋或其他东西吗? 你要做什么? |
[25:42] | What’s your name? What do you call yourself? | 你叫什么名字? 怎么称呼自己? |
[25:45] | -Irving. -Perfect, perfect. | -艾文 -好听 很好听 |
[25:49] | That’s wonderful, Irving. | 真的很好听 艾文 |
[25:52] | I’ll be right back, Irving, baby. | 宝贝艾文 我很快回来 |
[26:01] | Yeah? Kid’s still in the shower. You expected? | 她还在淋浴 邀请你了吗? |
[26:03] | I was invited. That what you mean? | 她邀请我了 放心 |
[26:06] | Don’t get all tense. Come on in. | 请别见怪 进来 |
[26:09] | It’s a party, ot of characters come who aren’t expected. | 这个派对有很多人不请自来 |
[26:11] | I’ll buy you a drink. You drink? | 我请你喝一杯 你喝酒吧? |
[26:14] | -Then I’ll buy you a drink. -OK | -我去拿 -好的 |
[26:17] | Hey, honey, your skirt’s split there. | 宝贝 你裙子开叉了哦 |
[26:19] | -What do you drink? -Bourbon. | -你喝什么? -威士忌 |
[26:22] | -On the rocks? -Yeah…No. With water. | -要加冰吗? -好…不 加水行了 |
[26:25] | -Want rocks first? -Yeah. Not too much. | -要不先加冰? -好吧 别放太多 |
[26:28] | All right. That’ll set you free. | 喝吧 可使你自由自在 |
[26:30] | -Know the kid long? -Not very. I live upstairs. | -跟她认识很久了? -不太久 我住在楼上 |
[26:33] | You kidding. Look at this place. It’s unbelievable. What a dump! | 开玩笑吧 看看这地方 难以置信 像个废墟 |
[26:38] | What do you think? | 你认为怎样? |
[26:39] | -About what? -Is she or isn’t she? | -什么怎样? -她是不是? |
[26:43] | Wait a minute. Hold it. | 等等 |
[26:47] | -Harriet! -Hi, JB. | -哈瑞特 -JB 你好 |
[26:49] | “JB”? OJ, What’s that? | JB ? OJ 怎么了? |
[26:50] | -You know Gil. -Yeah. How are you? | -他是吉尔 -是啊 你好 |
[26:53] | -How about a drink? -In the kitchen, found anything you need. | -喝一杯如何? -去厨房找喝的吧 |
[26:58] | So…Oh, honey, that is you. | 甜心 你来啦 |
[27:02] | Fred, darling, I’m so glad you could come. | 弗瑞德 很高兴你来了 |
[27:04] | I brought you a present for the bookcase. | 我带了个礼物过来 |
[27:07] | You’re sweet. | 你真好 |
[27:10] | Doesn’t that look nice? Give me a cigarette, OJ. | 很好看吧? OJ 给我香烟 |
[27:12] | OJ’s a great agent. He knows a lot of phone numbers. | -好 好 -OJ 我的经纪人 他广交朋友 |
[27:16] | What’s Jerry Wald’s phone number? | 杰瑞·沃德的电话号码是多少? |
[27:18] | Come on, lay off. | 拜托 我己下班 |
[27:19] | Darling, I want you to call him and tell him Fred’s a genius. | 你打电话告诉他 弗瑞德是一名天才 |
[27:23] | Stop blushing, Fred. You didn’t say it. I did. | 别害羞 你不是自夸 是我说你是天才 |
[27:26] | Quit stalling. Just tell me what you gonna go to make Fred rich and famous? | 别推辞 OJ 告诉我 你要怎样使弗瑞德功成名就? |
[27:30] | Let Fred and me settle that, huh, puppy? | 你何不让弗瑞德解决这事 |
[27:33] | OK, but remember, I’m the agent. | 好吧 不过记着 我是经纪人哦 |
[27:35] | He’s already got a decorator, I’m the agent. | 他已经有一名设计师 而我是他的经纪人啦 |
[27:39] | Hold it. | 等等 |
[27:41] | Hi, boys. Come on in. | 你们好 |
[27:43] | Find the kitchen everything you need. | 厨房应有尽有 |
[27:47] | So, listen, Fred, baby. What you… | 那么 弗瑞德 宝贝 你干… |
[27:50] | -No, it’s Paul, baby. -I thought it was Fred, baby. So answer the question. | -不 我叫保罗 -我还以为你叫弗瑞德 回答问题 |
[27:54] | -Is she or isn’t she? -What? | -她是不是? -是不是什么? |
[27:57] | A phoney. | 骗子 |
[27:59] | -I don’t know. I don’t think so. -You don’t think so? | -我不知道 看来不是 -看来不是? |
[28:02] | Well, you’re wrong, she is. | 你错了 她是 |
[28:04] | On the other hand, you’re right, because she’s a real phoney. you know why? | 但另一方面你说对了 因为她是真正的骗子 |
[28:09] | Because she honestly believes all the phoney junk she believes. I mean, I like the kid, | 因为她真的相信她相信的一些东西 我喜欢这孩子 |
[28:12] | I mean I…I sincerely like the kid. I do. | 我喜欢她 真的 |
[28:15] | I’m sensitive. That’s why. | 我很敏感 这就是为什么 |
[28:17] | You got to be sensitive to like the kid. It’s a touch, a streak of the poet. | 你要敏感才会喜欢她 这是一种感觉 很诗意 |
[28:19] | It’s a streak of the poet. | 你知道我的意思 |
[28:22] | You known her long? | 你跟认识很久了? |
[28:23] | Are you kidding? I discovered her. I’m OJ Berman. Couple of years ago, back at the time, | 是我发掘的她 我是OJ·伯曼 多年前 |
[28:27] | She was just a kid. Lot of style, class… | 她还是个孩子 别具风格… |
[28:30] | -Lot of what? -Class. | -还有什么? -气质不凡 |
[28:33] | But you didn’t know whether she was a hillbilly or an Okie. | 但当她开口说话 你就知道她是乡下人 |
[28:36] | You know how long it took to smooth that accent? I tell you how long. | 你知道替她改掉口音 花了多少时间? |
[28:39] | One year. Know how I did? | 一年 知道我是怎么做到的吗? |
[28:41] | We gave her French lessons. | 我们要她学法文 |
[28:43] | Figured once she could imitate French, | 当她学懂法文 |
[28:45] | she could imitate English. | 学习英语就不是难题 |
[28:47] | Finally, I arranged for a little screen test. | 最终我为她安排了试镜 |
[28:50] | The night before…I could’ve killed myself-the phone rings. | 试镜前一夜 我差点被气死 |
[28:54] | I pick it up. She says: “This is Holly.” “Holly, you sound so far away.” She says: “I’m in New York”. | 她说”我是赫丽” 我说”你看来在远处” 她说她在纽约 |
[28:59] | I say, “You got a screen test tomorrow.” “I’ve never been in New York before.” | 但你明天要去试镜 她却说她从没去过纽约 |
[29:02] | I say, “Get back here!” She says, “I don’t want to.” | 我叫她回来 但她说不想 |
[29:06] | I say: “What do you mean? you don’t want it? What do you want?” | 我问”你不想回来是什么意思? 你想怎样?” |
[29:09] | She says, “When I find out, I’ll let you know.” So look, | 她说 “我知道后再通知你” 嘭 挂了电话! |
[29:13] | -Fred, baby… -It’s Paul, baby. | -所以弗瑞德 你别对我说… -我是保罗 |
[29:15] | Sure. Don’t tell me she isn’t a phoney. | 对 别说她不是骗子 |
[29:18] | Irving! Honey, Irving, where you been? | 艾文 甜心 你去哪了? |
[29:38] | Mike, darling, I tried reaching you all day long. | 麦克 我一直都在找你 |
[29:42] | Your answering service doesn’t answer. | 但你的留言机坏了 |
[29:44] | That’s the trouble with answering services… | 你知道留言机问题很多… |
[30:06] | -Time, darling. -What? | -赫丽 知道时间吗? -什么? |
[30:07] | The time? | 时间? |
[30:08] | -You have a watch? -No. | -你有手表吗? -不 我没有 |
[30:11] | -Oh, let me see. 6:45. -Thank you. | -我来看 六点四十五分 -谢谢你 |
[30:24] | Really, was that necessary? | 有必要这样吗? |
[30:41] | This is some party. Who are all these people, anyhow? | 派对很热闹 他们是谁? |
[30:45] | Who knows? The word gets out. | 谁知道呢 人们自动涌来 |
[30:47] | You don’t mind, do you, darling? | 你不介意吧? |
[30:51] | Reinforcements. | 补给来了 |
[30:57] | Right in there. | 放在那儿 |
[31:15] | Holly, darling! | 赫丽 亲爱的! |
[31:17] | What’s that? | 怎么了? |
[31:19] | Mag Wildwood. | 梅格·怀尔德伍德 |
[31:21] | She’s a model, believe it or not, and a thumping bore. | 她是模特 并且是闷蛋 |
[31:25] | But look at the goodies with her. | 看看她带来的好东西 |
[31:30] | He’s all right, I suppose, | 他还不错 |
[31:31] | if you like handsome, rich-looking men | 若你喜欢 英俊的富商 |
[31:33] | with passionate natures and too many teeth. | 肤色黝黑 加上热情和牙齿齐全 |
[31:36] | I mean the other one. | 我不是指这个 是另一个 |
[31:41] | -The other one? -He’s Rusty Trawler. | -另一个? -他是拉斯蒂·特拉勒 |
[31:46] | He’s the ninth richest man in America under 50. | 他是美国第九富商 未满五十岁 |
[31:51] | That’s remarkable information to have at your fingertips. | 你居然能信手拈来这些资料呀 |
[31:55] | I keep track of these things. | 我很留意这些消息 |
[31:57] | -Excuse me. You owe me 47… -Hold this a minute, darling. | -抱歉 你该付我四十七… -替我拿着好吗? |
[32:04] | Mag, darling, what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么? |
[32:07] | I was upstairs working with Yunioshi… | 我在上面和雄志工作… |
[32:09] | Easter stuff for the Bazaar. | 为哈泼时尚拍摄复活节特刊 |
[32:11] | Then these two nice boys came to pick me up. | 接着他们俩来接我 |
[32:15] | It was a mistake, of course. My wires got crossed somewhere. | 其实消息传达错误 |
[32:19] | They were both very sweet about it. | 但他们都非常可爱 |
[32:22] | May I present Jose Silva Pereira? | 这位是荷西·佩雷拉 |
[32:24] | He’s from Brazil. | 来自巴西 |
[32:26] | Miss Golightly. | 戈莱特利小姐 |
[32:30] | Very kind of you to allow me to attend your party. | 很高兴看到你 戈莱特利小姐 谢谢让我参加你的派对 |
[32:34] | I’m so interested in North American culture. | 我对北美文化很有兴趣 |
[32:37] | I’ve been already to the Statue of Liberty | 我曾到自由女神像 |
[32:40] | and to the restaurant Automatique, | 和那著名餐馆 |
[32:42] | but this is the first time | 但这是我首次 |
[32:44] | I’m in a typical North American home. | 到访北美民居 |
[32:47] | Wouldn’t he just melt in your mouth? | 他还真是滔滔不绝啊 |
[32:49] | And this is Mr Rusty Trawler. | 这是拉斯蒂·特拉勒 |
[32:51] | Miss Golightly. | 戈莱特利小姐 |
[32:52] | You’re not vexed at me for bringing them? | 我带他们来你不会生气吧 |
[32:55] | -Of course not, darling. -I’m glad. | -当然不会 -我很高兴 |
[32:58] | Now, who’s going to bring me a bourbon? | 谁给我倒杯波本? |
[33:03] | Would you get Miss Wildwood a drink? | 你能帮替怀尔德伍德小姐 拿饮料吗? |
[33:05] | Which one’s Miss Wildwood? | 谁是怀尔德伍德小姐? |
[33:06] | Mr Berman, we haven’t been formally introduced, | 伯曼先生 我们还没正式介绍 |
[33:09] | but I’m Mag Wildwood from Wildwood, Arkansaw. | 我是梅格·怀尔德伍德 来阿肯色州 |
[33:13] | That’s…hill country. | 那儿山脉连连 |
[33:14] | Now, you just make yourself right at home. | 你们请随意 |
[33:17] | Don’t trouble yourself. | 不麻烦你了 |
[33:19] | I’m contented to observe the customs of your country. | 可以观察到贵国的风俗习惯我就满意了 |
[33:22] | OK, you do that. | 好的 那你就继续观察 |
[33:23] | Now, come along, Mr Trawler. | 来吧 特拉勒先生 |
[33:25] | Let’s see what we can find to amuse you. | 看看有什么可使你惊喜 |
[34:40] | I wasn’t supposed to pick you up. | 我不该来接你 |
[34:42] | At the last minute, I had… | 是你要来接我… |
[34:44] | Look, I wasn’t supposed to pick you up. | 我不该来接你的 |
[34:50] | Yes? | 喂? |
[34:52] | Miss Gorightly! This time I’m warning you! | 戈莱特利小姐 我警告你 |
[34:55] | I am definitely this time going to calling the police! | 这次我一定会叫警察 |
[35:15] | Good evening! | 晚上好! |
[35:17] | Is it something important? | 有重要事吗? |
[35:19] | No. Just the guy upstairs complaining about the noise. | 不 只是住在楼上的人 他投诉太嘈吵 |
[35:23] | He’s angry. | 他生气了啊 |
[35:25] | He did mention something about calling the police. | 他说要去报警 |
[35:27] | Oh, the police…The police? | 哦 警察…警察? |
[35:30] | That I cannot have. I’d better find Miss Wildwood and go. | 那我不能碰上他们 我最好找到怀尔德伍德小姐 然后离开 |
[35:36] | To think I’d find a beau of mine | 看来我找了个花花公子 |
[35:39] | mousing after some cheap Hollywood trash. | 喜欢追逐好莱坞贱货 |
[35:42] | Mag, darling, you’re being a bore. | 梅格 亲爱的 你这样太没趣了 |
[35:44] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[35:46] | You know what’s going to happen to you? | 你知道会发生什么事吗? |
[35:50] | I’m going to march you to the zoo and feed you to the yak. | 我要带你去动物园 让牦牛吃掉你 |
[35:55] | Just as soon as I finish this drink. | 等我喝完这杯就去 |
[36:06] | Timber! | 闪开! |
[37:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:39] | -Oh, good evening, Ed. -It’s Paul, baby. | -晚安好 艾德 -是保罗 宝贝 |
[37:42] | You remember Irving, don’t you? | 你记得艾文吗? |
[37:43] | -This is Jose. -Nice to meet you. | -这是荷西 -很高兴认识你 |
[37:47] | Yes. | 幸会 |
[37:48] | Jewel thieves. | 珠宝盗贼 |
[38:16] | Sally helps me with my accounts. | 沙里帮我理财 |
[38:18] | I have no head for figures at all. | 我对数字毫无概念 |
[38:21] | I’m trying desperately to save some money,you know I told you. | 我努力试着存钱 |
[38:24] | I just can’t seem to. | 但总不成功 |
[38:25] | He makes me write down everything. | 他要我记下一切 |
[38:28] | What I get, what I spend. | 我买了什么 花费多少 |
[38:30] | I had an cheque account. He made me get rid of that. | 我以前有支票户头 他逼我取消了 |
[38:35] | He feels it’s better to operate on a cash basis, taxwise. | 他认为我用现金更实际 |
[38:40] | Some day, take this book, turn it into a novel. | 弗瑞德 某天你将这书写成小说 |
[38:45] | Everything is there. Just fill in the details. | 内容都全了 只需加一些细节 |
[38:48] | Would be good for some laughs. | 一定很搞笑 |
[38:50] | No. No, I don’t think so. | 我看不是 |
[38:53] | This book would break the heart. | 这本书会使人伤心 |
[38:55] | “Mr Fitzsimmons…powder room, $50. | 菲兹西蒙斯先生 女厕 五十元 |
[38:59] | “Less $18…Repair one black satin dress. | 修补黑色裙子…减去十八元 |
[39:05] | “Cat food, 27 cents.” | 猫粮 二十七角 |
[39:07] | Sally, darling, please stop, you’re making me blush! | 沙里 别念了 太让我尴尬啦 |
[39:11] | But you’re right about Jack. He’s an absolute rat. | 但你对菲兹西蒙斯的说法没错 他是鼠辈 |
[39:14] | I guess, of course, I don’t know anybody but rats. | 当然 我只认识一些鼠辈 |
[39:18] | Except, of course, Fred here. | 当然除了弗瑞德 |
[39:21] | You do think Fred is nice, don’t you? | 你也觉得弗瑞德是好人 对吗? |
[39:23] | For you…I hope he is. | 对你来说…我希望他是好人 |
[39:36] | Goodbye, Uncle Sally. Till next week. | 沙里叔叔 下周再见 |
[39:40] | Goodbye, Uncle Sally. | 再见 沙里叔叔 |
[39:41] | Goodbye and don’t forget to send that book. | 再见 别忘记寄那本书来 |
[39:44] | I won’t. | 好的 |
[39:46] | Oh, what about the weather report? | 对了 天气报告是什么? |
[39:49] | Oh, yes. | 哦 对 |
[39:50] | Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans. | 新奥尔良本周将下雪 |
[39:57] | Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans?! | 新奥尔良本周将下雪?! |
[40:02] | Isn’t that just the weirdest? | 真奇怪 |
[40:04] | I bet they haven’t had snow in New Orleans for a million years. | 数百万年来 新奥尔良也不曾下雪 |
[40:08] | I don’t know how he thinks them up. | 我不知道他怎么想出来 |
[41:54] | -What you doin’? -Writing. | -你在干什么? -写作 |
[41:57] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:09] | -What’s wrong? -I don’t know. | -怎么了? -我不知道 |
[42:13] | It’s probably nothing. | 可能没什么的 |
[42:15] | I want to see if he’s still there. | 我想看看他是否仍在 |
[42:19] | See if who’s still there? What are you talking about? | 看看谁仍在? 你在说什么? |
[42:25] | Look. | 看 |
[42:33] | See? I noticed him yesterday afternoon. | 看见没? 昨天下午他就在了 |
[42:37] | I didn’t say anything, I didn’t want to sound neurotic, but… | 我不想说什么 我不想过分敏感 但… |
[42:40] | -when he’s there again today… -Who do you think he is? | -今天他又在这… -你认为他是谁? |
[42:43] | It could be anybody, of course, | 可能是别的什么人 |
[42:46] | but what crossed my mind was… | 但我认为… |
[42:48] | suppose Bill’s having us watched, huh? | 是比尔派他来监视我们? |
[42:54] | OK, I’ll take care of this. | 好吧 我会处理这事 |
[42:57] | No. don’t. Please. | 不要去 求求你 |
[43:00] | If that’s it, you’ll only make everything worse. | 若这是真的 你只会让事情变糟 |
[43:03] | I’ll be careful. You wait here. | 我会小心行事 你在这儿等 |
[43:05] | Darling, please don’t. I don’t think you should. | 请你不要去 你不该去 |
[43:08] | Take it easy. | 别担心 |
[43:09] | I just want to find out what this is about. | 我只想查明这事 |
[44:52] | All right, what do you want? | 好吧 你想怎样? |
[44:56] | Son, I need a friend. | 小子 我需要朋友 |
[45:11] | That’s me, that’s her, | 这是我 那个是她 |
[45:13] | that’s her brother Fred. | 那是他弟弟弗瑞德 |
[45:23] | You’re Holly’s father? | 你是赫丽的父亲? |
[45:26] | Her name ain’t Holly. | 她不是叫赫丽 |
[45:28] | She was Lula Mae Barnes. | 她叫露拉美·巴恩 |
[45:30] | Was till she married me. | 她是我妻子 |
[45:32] | I’m her husband Doc Golightly. | 我是她丈夫 戈莱特利医生 |
[45:37] | Paul Varjak. | 保罗·瓦约克 |
[45:40] | I’m a horse doctor…Animal man. | 我医治马匹…我是兽医 |
[45:42] | Do some farming, too, near Tulip, Texas. | 在德州附近务农 |
[45:46] | Her brother Fred’s getting out of the army soon. | 她的弟弟弗瑞德 就要退伍了 |
[45:49] | Lula Mae belongs home with her husband, brother and children. | 露拉美该和丈夫 弟弟 孩子在一起 |
[45:53] | Children? | 孩子? |
[45:55] | Them’s her children. | 他们是她的儿女 |
[45:56] | She’s got four children? | 她有四个孩子? |
[45:58] | Now, son, I didn’t claim they was her natural children. | 我没说是她亲生的 |
[46:02] | Their own precious mother…precious woman | 他们的亲生母亲…是难得好女人 |
[46:05] | passed away July 4th, 1955, the year of the drought. | 她在1955年7月4日去世 灾难的一年 |
[46:09] | When I married Lula Mae, she was going on 14. | 我和露拉美结婚时 她快要十四岁 |
[46:13] | You might think a person of 14 wouldn’t know their own mind. | 你会以为十四岁的人不太懂事 |
[46:18] | But you take Lula Mae. | 但露拉美与众不同 |
[46:20] | She was an exceptional person. | 她是个很特别的人 |
[46:26] | I’ll tell you she just plumb broke our hearts when she run off like she done. | 她就这样出走了 留下心碎的我们 |
[46:31] | Just plain had no reason. | 没有任何理由 |
[46:33] | All the housework was done by her daughter. | 所有家务都由她的孩子负责 |
[46:36] | Lula Mae could take it easy. | 露拉美却无所事事 |
[46:38] | That woman got positively fat, | 她那时很胖 |
[46:40] | while her brother, he growed up into a giant, | 弟弟却长得很高大 |
[46:45] | which is a sight different from how they come to us. | 跟他们到来时很不一样了 |
[46:49] | A couple of wild young’uns, they was. | 他们以前是野孩子 |
[46:51] | I caught ’em stealing milk and turkey eggs. | 我发现他们在屋外偷牛奶和火鸡蛋 |
[46:54] | They’d been living with some mean, no-account people east of Tulip. | 他们跟一些痞子混在一起 |
[46:58] | about 100 mile east of Tulip. | 住在向东100米外的图纳 |
[47:00] | She had cause to run from that house. | 她离开那儿是有理由的 |
[47:03] | Never had none to leave mine. | 离开我家却是毫无理由 |
[47:06] | What about her brother? Didn’t he leave too? | 她的弟弟呢 也离开了吗? |
[47:08] | No. We had Fred with us till the army took him. | 没有 弗瑞德跟我们一起 直到去参军 |
[47:13] | That’s why I come to talk to her. | 我想跟她谈谈 |
[47:14] | I had a letter from him. He’s getting out in February. | 我收到弗瑞德的信 他在二月份就要退伍 |
[47:17] | That’s why I come to get her. | 所以我来找她 |
[47:19] | Lula Mae’s place is with her husband, children and brother. | 她该和丈夫 孩子 弟弟一起 |
[47:26] | The prize from a Cracker Jack box. Want it? | 这是爆米花里面的奖品 你要吗? |
[47:30] | Never could understand why that woman run off. | 我一直不明白她为何要离开 |
[47:34] | Don’t tell me she weren’t happy. | 别告诉我她过的不快乐 |
[47:36] | Talky as a jay bird she was, | 她说话滔滔不绝 |
[47:39] | with something to say on every subject. | 什么都爱讲 |
[47:41] | Better than the radio. | 比收音机还能说 |
[47:43] | The night I proposed, I cried like a baby. | 求婚当晚我哭得像孩子 |
[47:46] | She said, “Why are you crying? Of cause we’ll be married. | 她说: 你干嘛要哭? 我们肯定会结婚的 |
[47:49] | “I never been married before.” | 我从没结过婚呢 |
[47:53] | I laughed and hugged and squeezed her. | 我拥抱着她大笑 |
[47:55] | “Never been married before.” | 从没结过婚 |
[48:01] | Listen, son, I advise you I need a friend, | 告诉你吧 我需要朋友 |
[48:06] | ’cause I don’t want to surprise or scare her none. | 因为我不想吓坏她 |
[48:09] | Be my friend. Let her know I’m here. | 做我的朋友 帮我告诉他我在这 |
[48:20] | Will you do that, son? | 小子 你愿意帮我吗? |
[48:26] | Yeah, sure, Doc. If that’s what you want. | 当然 如果你想这样 |
[48:29] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[48:43] | All right. | 好的 |
[48:44] | Coming. | 来了 |
[48:49] | Darling, I’m on my way out. I’m supposed to be at Twenty-One… | 亲爱的 我正要外出 我要在… |
[48:51] | half an hour late. | 半小时前到达21点 |
[48:53] | Maybe we can have a drink tomorrow. | 或许我们明天再一起喝杯酒 |
[48:56] | Sure, Lula Mae… | 当然 露拉美… |
[48:57] | if you’re still here tomorrow. | 如果明天你还在这的话 |
[49:04] | Oh, please, where is he? | 哦 告诉我 他在哪? |
[49:13] | Gosh. | 上帝 |
[49:21] | Gee, honey, don’t they feed you up here? You’re so skinny. | 宝贝 你这里没东西吃吗? 你太瘦了 |
[49:31] | -Hi, Doc. -Gosh, Lula Mae… | -你好 医生 -上帝 露拉美… |
[49:35] | Kingdom come! | 我来了 |
[50:34] | What’s the matter? You all right? | 怎么了? 你没事吧? |
[50:36] | -I guess so…No, I’m not. Will you help me? -If I can. | -没事…不 有事 弗瑞德 你能帮我吗? -只要我帮的上 |
[50:41] | Come to the bus station and stocken me. | 我要你来汽车站打救我 |
[50:44] | He still thinks I’m going back. | 他还认为我会跟他回去 |
[50:46] | I can’t play this scene alone. | 我不能演独角戏 |
[50:48] | What can I do? He’s your husband. | 我该怎么办? 他是你的丈夫 |
[50:50] | -No, he’s not. -He’s not? | -他不是 -不是? |
[50:53] | It was annulled ages ago. He just won’t accept it. | 多年前就解除婚约了 只是他不能接受 |
[50:56] | Please, Fred. I’ll tell him you’re coming to see us off. | 求求你 弗瑞德 我会说你来送我们 |
[50:59] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说了 |
[51:02] | Just meet us out front in about an hour. Please? | 一小时后在门前等我们 好吗? |
[51:10] | You wait right here, honey. I’ll get the bag. | 你在这儿等候 我去拿手袋 |
[51:16] | Why don’t I get some magazines? | 我还是去买本杂志吧 |
[51:18] | Please, Fred, don’t leave me. | 弗瑞德 求你别离开我 |
[51:31] | Come on, Lula Mae. That’s us. | 露拉美 我们要启程了 |
[51:33] | Doc, I’m not coming with you. | 医生 我不会跟你走 |
[51:35] | Come on. Let’s walk quietly. | 我们慢慢走 让我来解释 |
[51:37] | I’ll try and help you understand. Help me, Fred. | 弗瑞德 帮我向他解释 |
[51:40] | That’s alright,son. I appreciate you wanna help, but it’s between Lula Mae and me. | 我很感激你想帮忙 但这是我和露拉美之间的事 |
[51:45] | Sure, Doc. | 当然 医生 |
[51:49] | I love you, Lula Mae. | 露拉美 我爱你 |
[51:51] | I know you do, and that’s just the trouble. | 我知道 这就是烦恼所在 |
[51:54] | It’s a mistake you always made, trying to love a wild thing. | 你总是爱上野性的东西 这是个错误 |
[51:57] | You were always lugging home wild things | 你经常带野生动物回家 |
[52:00] | a hawk with a broken wing, | 一次是折翼的鹰 |
[52:02] | a full-grown wildcat with a broken leg… | 另一次是断脚的成年野猫… |
[52:06] | Remember? | 记得吗? |
[52:07] | There’s something… | 露拉美 有时候… |
[52:08] | You mustn’t give your heart to a wild thing. | 你不应爱上野性的东西 |
[52:11] | The more you do, the stronger they get, | 你越爱它 它变得越强 |
[52:13] | until they’re strong enough to fly into a tree, | 直至它离开 跑到树林 或飞到树上 |
[52:16] | then to higher trees, then to the sky. | 再去更高的树 直达天际 |
[52:18] | There’s something I got to tell you. | 露拉美 我定要告诉你一件事 |
[52:20] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[52:21] | Couple weeks ago, I got a letter from Fred. | 数周前我收到弗瑞德的一封信 |
[52:24] | From Fred? He’s all right, isn’t he? | 弗瑞德的? 他好吗? |
[52:27] | Yeah, he’s fine, I guess. | 是的 他很好 |
[52:29] | He’s getting out of the army in February. | 二月份他就要退伍了 |
[52:32] | In February? | 二月? |
[52:34] | Well, that’s only four months. | 就是再过四个月 |
[52:36] | So, you got to come back. | 明白吗? 你该和我 孩子 及弟弟一起 |
[52:39] | Your place is with us. | 我们才是你的归宿 |
[52:41] | Doc, you’ve got to understand, I can’t come back. | 医生 你得明白 我不能再回去 |
[52:43] | You got to understand what I’m saying. | 你得明白我所说的话 |
[52:46] | I don’t want to pressure you, but I got to. | 我不想给你压力 但必须这样 |
[52:49] | If you don’t come, I’ll have to tell young Fred… | 你不回来 我就写信告诉弗瑞德… |
[52:52] | he better sign up for another hitch. | 他得另找家园了 |
[52:54] | Don’t do that. Don’t write that to him. | 别这样做 别写信给他 |
[52:57] | I’ll write him and say I want him with me. | 我会写给他 告诉他我要他跟我在一起 |
[52:59] | I’ll take care of him. | 我会照顾他 |
[53:01] | You’re talking crazy, Lula Mae. | 露拉美 你是痴人说梦 |
[53:12] | All right, Lula Mae. | 好吧 露拉美 |
[53:15] | I guess you know what you’re doing. | 我想你知道自己在干什么 |
[53:26] | Keep an eye on her, will you, son? | 你替我看着她好吗? |
[53:29] | At least see she eats something once in a while. | 最少确保她吃点东西 |
[53:32] | Sure, Doc. | 好的 医生 |
[53:35] | So skinny. | 她太瘦了 |
[53:55] | Please, Doc. Please understand. | 医生 求你谅解我 |
[53:58] | I love you, but I’m not Lula Mae any more. | 我爱你 但我不再是什么露拉美 |
[54:05] | I’m not. | 不再是了 |
[54:43] | You know the terrible thing, darling? | 你知道什么最可怕? 亲爱的弗瑞德? |
[54:45] | I am still Lula Mae. Fourteen, stealing turkey eggs | 我仍然是露拉美 那个十四岁 偷火鸡蛋 |
[54:48] | and running through a briar patch. | 穿越野地的女孩 |
[54:54] | Except now I call it having the mean reds. | 现在我就有面红耳赤的感觉 |
[55:03] | Well, it’s still too early to go to Tiffany’s. | 可是现在去蒂凡尼太早了 |
[55:07] | I guess the next best thing is a drink. | 看来只能先去喝酒了 |
[55:10] | Yes, I very much need a drink. | 对 我很需要喝一杯 |
[55:13] | Buy me one, Fred, darling? | 弗瑞德 你愿意请我喝酒吗? |
[55:15] | Sure. | 当然 |
[55:17] | Only promise not to take me home until I’m drunk. | 答应我一件事 一定要让我喝醉 |
[55:23] | Until I’m very drunk indeed. | 一定要非常非常醉 |
[55:58] | Do you think she’s talented? | 你认为她有才华吗? |
[56:01] | Deeply and importantly talented? | 有深度又有才华吗? |
[56:04] | No. | 不 |
[56:05] | Amusingly and superficially talented, yes, | 看上去有才华 但… |
[56:09] | but deeply and importantly, no. | 谈不上有深度 |
[56:34] | Gracious. | 好美哦 |
[56:36] | Do you think she’s handsomely paid? | 你认为她收入多吗? |
[56:42] | Oh, indeed. | 哦 多吧 |
[56:46] | Well, let me tell you something. | 让我告诉你 |
[56:48] | If I had her money, I’d be richer than she is. | 如果我的收入像她那么多 我定会比她富有 |
[56:51] | -How do you figure that? -I’d keep the candy store. | -你怎知道? -因为我有糖果店 |
[56:55] | Old Sally Tomato, that’s my candy store. | 沙里·托马图就是我的糖果店 |
[56:58] | I’d always keep Sally. | 我总有沙里 |
[57:00] | That’s why I’d be richer than she is. | 所以我比她富有 |
[57:06] | We’d better get a little more air. | 我们要更多空气 |
[57:16] | every Tom, Dick and Harry… | 汤姆 狄克和哈利… |
[57:19] | No. Correction. | 不 更正 |
[57:20] | Every Tom, Dick and Sid…Harry was his friend. | 汤姆 狄克和席德…哈利是他的朋友 |
[57:23] | Anyway, every Tom, Dick and Sid | 总之 汤姆 狄克和席德糟透了 |
[57:26] | thinks if he takes a girl to dinner, | 他们以为带女孩去吃饭 |
[57:29] | she’ll just curl up in a little furry ball at his feet, right? | 她就会像小猫般依偎着他们 |
[57:33] | I have by actual count been taken to dinner | 我曾跟他们吃过饭 |
[57:36] | by 26 different rats in the last two months. | 两个月来 跟26个不同的小人一起 |
[57:40] | 27, if you count Benny Shacklett, | 如果包括班尼·夏克利特 就是27人 |
[57:42] | who’s in many ways a super rat. | 他是个超级小人 |
[57:44] | -I forgot my key. -Never mind. I buzzed Yunioshi. | -我忘了带钥匙 -没事 我刚按了雄志的门铃 |
[57:49] | Do you know something funny? | 你想知道有趣的事吗? |
[57:51] | In spite of the fact these rats fork up $50 | 大部分的小人都会 给我五十元 |
[57:55] | for the powder room like little dolls… | 作为去女厕的费用… |
[57:58] | I find I have $9 less in the bank account than I had six months ago. | 可我却发现我的银行户头比半年前少了九元 |
[58:05] | So, my darling Fred, | 所以 弗瑞德 亲爱的 |
[58:07] | I have tonight made a very serious decision. | 今晚我作了个很重大的决定 |
[58:10] | And what is that? | 什么决定? |
[58:12] | No longer will I play the field. | 我不再干这事了 |
[58:15] | -Congratulations. -The field stinks… | -恭喜你 -这一行糟透了… |
[58:18] | both economically and socially, | 各方面都糟透了 |
[58:21] | and I’m giving it up. | 我要放弃 |
[58:25] | This time I’m calling the police, the fire department, | 戈莱特利小姐 这次我不只通知警察 还要通知消防局 |
[58:29] | and the New York State Housing Commission, | 还有纽约房管局 |
[58:30] | and, if necessary, the Board of Health! | 有需要的话会找卫生局 |
[58:33] | Quiet, up there. You want to wake the whole house? | 安静 你想吵醒所有人吗? |
[58:37] | As Miss Golightly was saying | 在戈莱特利小姐 |
[58:39] | before she was so rudely interrupted, | 被无礼打扰前 |
[58:42] | Miss Golightly further announces her intention | 她想说 她会全力以赴 |
[58:45] | to devote her not inconsiderable talents | 务求可以尽快嫁给 |
[58:48] | to the immediate capture, for the purpose of matrimony, of Mr Rutherford… | 拉瑟福德先生 |
[58:55] | Rusty to his friends, of whom I’m sure he has many, Trawler. | 朋友称呼他拉斯蒂 我肯定他有很多朋友 |
[59:02] | -Who? -Rusty Trawler. | -谁? -拉斯蒂·特拉勒 |
[59:05] | You met him at my party. | 你曾在派对见过他 |
[59:07] | He came with Mag Wildwood. | 和梅格·怀尔德伍德一起来 |
[59:09] | Not the beautiful Latin type, | 不是英俊的拉丁人 |
[59:12] | the other one -the one that looks like a pig. | 另一人 外表像猪的那一位 |
[59:16] | Remember? | 记得吗? |
[59:17] | The ninth richest man in America under 50? | 不到五十岁的美国第九富商? |
[59:25] | Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye? | 你好像看不起我 |
[59:30] | Tough beans, buddy, | 要嫁给他是困难的 |
[59:31] | cos that’s the way it’s gonna be. | 因为事情就是这样的 |
[59:34] | Hi, cat. | 你好 猫咪 |
[59:35] | -Holly, you’re drunk. -True. | -赫丽 你醉了 -对 |
[59:40] | Absolutely true. True, but irrevelant. | 很对 非常对 但无所谓 |
[59:43] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[59:45] | So I think we should have a drink | 所以我想我们 应该喝酒 |
[59:47] | to the new Mrs Rusty Trawler…me! | 敬新任拉斯蒂太太喝酒…我 |
[59:52] | Hey, take it easy. | 嘿 慢慢来 |
[59:53] | What’s up, don’t you think I can do it? | 怎么了? 你认为我办不到吗? |
[59:57] | Tell me. I’m interested. Don’t you think I can? | 我是非常想知道 你真的认为我不行吗? |
[1:00:00] | You heard the Doc. | 你也听到医生的话 |
[1:00:02] | My brother gets out in February. | 弟弟服完兵役后 |
[1:00:04] | The Doc won’t take him back. | 医生不愿收留他 |
[1:00:06] | It’s all up to me. | 一切都要靠我 |
[1:00:07] | I don’t know why you don’t understand. | 你为何不明白? |
[1:00:10] | I need money, and I’ll do whatever I have to do to get it. | 我需要钱 我会用尽方法赚钱 |
[1:00:15] | So this time next month, | 所以下个月 |
[1:00:18] | I’ll be the new Mrs Rusty Trawler. | 我将会就是拉斯蒂太太 |
[1:00:22] | I think we should have a little drink to that. | 我们应该为此而喝酒 |
[1:00:26] | It’s all gone. Isn’t that too bad? | 没有酒了 真扫兴 |
[1:00:31] | Got any whisky upstairs? | 楼上有威士忌吗? |
[1:00:34] | But you’ve had enough. | 你喝的够多了 |
[1:00:36] | Go ahead. Get the whisky. | 去拿威士忌吧 |
[1:00:39] | I’ll pay you for it. | 我愿意付钱 |
[1:00:43] | No, no, you disapprove of me, and I do not accept drinks… | 不 你不赞同我 我不会接受… |
[1:00:49] | I’ll pay for my own whisky and don’t forget it. | 别忘了 我可付钱去买 |
[1:00:54] | I do not accept drinks from disapproving gentlemen. | 我不会接受 不赞同我的人请我喝酒 |
[1:00:58] | Especially not disapproving gentlemen who are kept by other ladies. | 尤其是靠女人所供养的男人 |
[1:01:02] | So take it. | 拿去吧 |
[1:01:04] | You should be used to taking money from ladies. | 你应该习惯拿女人赚的钱了 |
[1:01:12] | If I were you, I’d be more careful with my money. | 如果我是你 我会更小心花我的钱 |
[1:01:16] | Rusty Trawler is too hard a way of earning it. | 从拉斯蒂身上赚钱不容易 |
[1:01:22] | It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. | 你从这儿走出门口不用四秒 |
[1:01:28] | I’ll give you two. | 我给你两秒 |
[1:02:42] | Hi. I wanted to talk about the other night, | 你好 我来是想谈谈那夜的事 |
[1:02:45] | then I saw the paper, and… | 我看了报纸… |
[1:02:48] | Well, actually, I’m kind of embarrassed about it, | 我感到有点尴尬 |
[1:02:51] | but since it concerns you, | 既然这事与你有关 |
[1:02:53] | I thought I should talk about it in person. | 我想亲自跟你谈 |
[1:02:56] | -What? -What? | -什么? -什么? |
[1:03:00] | Oh, the earplugs. | 哦 耳朵塞住了 |
[1:03:03] | I can’t go through the whole thing again. | 我不能再这样下去 |
[1:03:05] | It’s sufficient to say, | 直接的说 |
[1:03:07] | I’ve come to make up. | 我是来和解的 |
[1:03:08] | As an added inducement, I have all kinds of news. | 我还带来一些消息 |
[1:03:11] | Can I come in? | 可以进来吗? |
[1:03:13] | I guess so. | 可以 |
[1:03:14] | Just a minute. Do I have a nightgown on? | 等等 我有穿睡衣吗? |
[1:03:18] | No, I don’t. Would you turn around for a second? | 没有 你可否转身? |
[1:03:21] | Never mind. That’s corny anyway. | 算了吧 这句话太过时 |
[1:03:23] | I’ll turn around myself. | 我自己转身好了 |
[1:03:25] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[1:03:27] | Have…you seen the paper? | 你…看过报纸吗了? |
[1:03:30] | Rusty, you mean? | 你是指拉斯蒂一事? |
[1:03:34] | Yes. I know all about it. | 我知道了 |
[1:03:36] | Certainly had him pegged wrong, didn’t I? | 我看错了他 对吗? |
[1:03:39] | I thought he was just a rat, | 我以为他是小人 |
[1:03:42] | but he was a super rat all along. | 但其实他是超级小人 |
[1:03:44] | A super rat in rat’s clothing. | 穿着老鼠衣服的超级小人 |
[1:03:47] | You don’t even know the best part. | 你还不知道最精彩的部分 |
[1:03:50] | Not only was he a super rat, | 他不只是小人或超级小人 |
[1:03:52] | he was also broke. | 他已经破产了 |
[1:03:54] | Broke! I mean, but not a farthing. | 破产! 但不是一毛钱也没有 |
[1:03:58] | His family has money, but he personally is broke. | 他的家人有钱 但他本人己破产 |
[1:04:01] | It turns out he owes $700,000. | 他欠债七十万元 |
[1:04:05] | Can you imagine anyone owing $700,000? | 你能想象一个人欠70万债吗 |
[1:04:09] | $70 yes. | 70万 对 |
[1:04:11] | Anyway, that’s why he decided to marry the queen of the pig people. | 所以 他才娶那个丑八怪女人 |
[1:04:16] | I’ll tell you one thing, Fred, darling, | 弗瑞德 我告诉你一件事 |
[1:04:19] | I’d marry you for your money in a minute. | 为了钱 我会马上跟你结婚 |
[1:04:22] | -Would you marry me for mine? -In a minute. | -你会为钱跟我结婚吗? -马上会 |
[1:04:25] | I guess it’s lucky neither of us is rich. | 幸好我们都不是有钱人 |
[1:04:29] | Yeah. | 是 |
[1:04:32] | Oh, Fred, darling, I’m so glad to see you. | 哦 弗瑞德 很高兴见到你 |
[1:04:39] | What have you been doing? | 你近来怎样? |
[1:04:42] | Writing, mostly. | 主要在写作 |
[1:04:46] | I sold a story. Just got word this morning. | 我卖出一个故事 今早刚知道的 |
[1:04:49] | Oh, that’s marvellous! | 太棒了 |
[1:04:51] | It really is, but… | 但… |
[1:04:54] | Only how does your decorator friend feel about it? | 你的设计师有何看法? |
[1:04:57] | Aren’t you supposed to be saving yourself? | 你不是要自救吗? |
[1:05:00] | You know something? | 知道吗? |
[1:05:01] | I haven’t got around to telling her yet. | 我还没告诉她 |
[1:05:04] | Look, why don’t we go have a drink | 我们何不出外庆祝一番 |
[1:05:06] | or take a walk to celebrate? | 或者出去逛一圈? |
[1:05:08] | All right. There’s some champagne in the icebox. | 好的 冰箱里有香槟 |
[1:05:12] | -Why don’t you open it while I get dressed? -OK? | -我换衣服时你替我打开 -好的 |
[1:05:16] | I haven’t drunk champagne before breakfast before. | 以前我从没在吃早饭前喝香槟 |
[1:05:20] | With breakfast on several occasions, | 只是在吃早饭时喝香槟 |
[1:05:22] | but never before, before. | 但不在早饭前喝 |
[1:05:24] | I’ve got a wonderful idea. | 我有一个好点子 |
[1:05:26] | We’ll spend the day doing things we’ve never done. | 我们可做一些以前没做过的事 |
[1:05:29] | We’ll take turns. First you, then me. | 首先由你开始 接着是我 |
[1:05:32] | Of course, I can’t think of anything I’ve never done. | 当然 很难想到 有什么是我没做过的 |
[1:05:51] | I’ve never been for a walk in the morning. | 我从没在早上散步 |
[1:05:54] | Not in New York. | 来了纽约后不曾有过 |
[1:05:56] | I’ve walked here at six, but I consider that night. | 六点钟我有在大街上散步 但那是晚上 |
[1:05:59] | -Do you think it counts? -Sure. Now we’re even. | -那算是吗? -当然 现在我们平手了 |
[1:06:15] | -Don’t you just love it? -Love what? | -你不喜欢吗? -喜欢什么? |
[1:06:18] | Tiffany’s. | 蒂凡尼 |
[1:06:29] | Isn’t it wonderful? | 不是很美妙吗? |
[1:06:32] | Nothing bad could happen to you in a place like this? | 这样的地方不会有坏事发生 |
[1:06:35] | I don’t give a hoot about jewellery, except diamonds. | 当然 我不是蔑视珠宝 钻石除外 |
[1:06:39] | Like that. | 很特别 |
[1:06:46] | What do you think? | 你认为怎样? |
[1:06:52] | Personally, I think it’s tacky to wear diamonds before 40. | 我认为四十岁前戴钻石很俗气 |
[1:06:56] | You’re right, but meantime, you should have something. | 说得对 但目前你该戴些珠宝 |
[1:06:59] | I’ll wait. | 我会等着 |
[1:07:01] | No. I’m buying you a present. | 不 我会买一份礼物给你 |
[1:07:03] | You bought me a typewriter ribbon, and it brought luck. | 你送的打字带为我带来好运 |
[1:07:06] | But Tiffany’s can be expensive. | 但蒂凡尼的东西很贵 |
[1:07:09] | I’ve got my cheque and $10. | 我有支票跟十元现金 |
[1:07:11] | I wouldn’t let you cash your cheque, | 我不会让你花掉支票 |
[1:07:13] | but a present for $10 or under, that I’ll accept. | 但我愿意接受低于十元的礼物 |
[1:07:17] | Of course, I don’t know what we’ll find here for $10. | 不知蒂凡尼里面有什么只要十元 |
[1:07:30] | May I help you? | 我可以帮忙吗? |
[1:07:31] | Perhaps. We’re looking for a present for the lady. | 或许 我想送一份礼物给这女士 |
[1:07:35] | Certainly, sir. Is there something you had in mind? | 好的 阁下 你想送什么类型的礼物? |
[1:07:38] | Well, we had considered diamonds. | 我们考虑过钻石 |
[1:07:42] | No offence, but the lady feels diamonds are tacky for her. | 我不想冒犯你 但这女士认为钻石太俗气 |
[1:07:47] | Oh, I think they’re divine on older women, | 哦 我认为钻石比较适合年纪大一点的女人 |
[1:07:50] | but they’re not right for me, you understand. | 实不相瞒 还有另一个问题 |
[1:07:52] | -Certainly. -In fairness, I should explain there’s also the problem of finance. | -当然 -经济的问题 我们有消费限额 |
[1:07:59] | We can only afford to spend…a limited amount. | 只付得起…一点点 |
[1:08:02] | May I ask how limited? | 请问是多少? |
[1:08:04] | -$10. -$10? | -十元 -十元 |
[1:08:08] | That was the outside figure, yes. | 这是我们的限额 |
[1:08:11] | -I see. -Do you have anything for $10? | -我明白了 -你们有价值十元的货品吗? |
[1:08:14] | Frankly, madam, within that price range, the variety of merchandise is rather limited. | 这价钱的货品确实有限 |
[1:08:19] | However, I do think we might have, let’s see… | 但的确有这类货物 让我想想… |
[1:08:22] | Strictly a novelty, you understand…For the lady and gentleman who has everything, | 这是有钱人士认为珍贵的文物 你知道吗 |
[1:08:27] | a sterling silver telephone dialler. | 纯银电话拨号器 |
[1:08:30] | That’s $6.75, including tax. | 连税价值6.75元 |
[1:08:33] | A sterling silver telephone dialler. | 一部电话拨号器 |
[1:08:36] | Yes, sir. That’s $6.75, including federal tax. | 是的 连税价值6.75元 而且还支持传真 |
[1:08:40] | Well, the price is right, but I must say, | 价钱确实合理 但我必须说 |
[1:08:43] | I’d hoped for something more, how shall I say it, | 该怎么说呢…我想要一些更… |
[1:08:46] | romantic in feeling. | 浪漫的东西 |
[1:08:48] | -What do you think? -A silver telephone dialler? | -你认为怎样? -纯银电话拨号器? |
[1:08:52] | I certainly think it’s handsome, but, well, you do understand. | 纯银电话拨号器是不错 但你明白我们的意思吗? |
[1:08:56] | Well, we tried, but… | 我们已经尽力了 但… |
[1:08:58] | We could have something engraved, couldn’t we? | 你们可有提供刻字服务 |
[1:09:01] | Yes, I suppose so. | 是的 |
[1:09:03] | Yes, indeed. | 没错 |
[1:09:04] | The problem is, you’d have to buy something first | 问题是 你要先在这儿购物 |
[1:09:08] | in order to have some object on which to place the engraving. | 我们才可替你在物件上刻字 |
[1:09:12] | You see the difficulty? | 明白了吗 |
[1:09:14] | Well, we could have this engraved, couldn’t we? | 你能在这个上面刻字吗 |
[1:09:17] | I think it would be very smart. | 我想会很好看的 |
[1:09:21] | This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany’s? | 这应该不是蒂凡尼的货物吧? |
[1:09:24] | No. Actually, it was purchased concurrent with… | 不是 其实是… |
[1:09:28] | well, actually, it came inside a… | 事实上 它是… |
[1:09:31] | -a box of Cracker Jack. -I see. | -吃爆米花的赠品 -我明白了 |
[1:09:36] | Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes? | 现在卖的爆米花里还有礼物吗? |
[1:09:40] | Oh, yes. | 有的 |
[1:09:41] | That’s nice to know. | 真高兴知道这事 |
[1:09:43] | It gives one a feeling of solidarity, | 给人实在的感觉 |
[1:09:46] | almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing. | 还有延续传统的感觉 |
[1:09:49] | Would Tiffany’s really engrave it for us? | 蒂凡尼愿意为我们刻字吗? |
[1:09:52] | They wouldn’t feel it beneath them or anything? | 这不会贬低店子的声誉吗? |
[1:09:55] | Well, it is rather unusual, madam, | 小姐 这样是有点打破常规 |
[1:09:57] | but you’ll find that Tiffany’s is very understanding. | 但本公司非常谅解你们的处境 |
[1:10:01] | If you would tell me the initials, | 你说出要刻什么字 |
[1:10:03] | I think we could have something ready for you in the morning. | 我们可在明早交货 |
[1:10:08] | Didn’t I tell you this was a lovely place? | 我不是说过这儿很好吗? |
[1:10:32] | What is this place, anyway? | 这儿是什么地方? |
[1:10:34] | You wanted to sit down. It’s the public library. | 你得坐下 这儿是公共图书馆 |
[1:10:37] | -You’ve never been here? -No. That makes two for me. | -你没来过这? -没 我的第二个新尝试 |
[1:10:40] | I don’t see any books. | 我看不见书 |
[1:10:42] | They’re in there. | 在那儿 |
[1:10:47] | See? | 看见了吗? |
[1:10:53] | Each one of these drawers is stuffed with little cards. | 每个抽屉都放满小卡片 |
[1:10:56] | Each little card is a book or an author. | 每张卡片写上书名或作者名字 |
[1:10:59] | I think that’s fascinating. | 真神奇 |
[1:11:01] | V-A-R-J-A-K. | 瓦约克 |
[1:11:04] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:11:07] | Look. Isn’t it marvellous? | 看 真厉害 |
[1:11:10] | There you are, right in the public library. | 找到你了 在公共图书馆里 |
[1:11:13] | Varjak, Paul. Nine Lives. | 保罗·瓦约克 [九条生命] |
[1:11:16] | Then a lot of numbers. | 还有很多数字 |
[1:11:18] | Do they really have the book itself, live? | 这儿真的有那本书吗? |
[1:11:21] | Sure. Follow me. | 当然 跟我来 |
[1:11:31] | Number 57. That’s us. | 57号 是我们 |
[1:11:34] | 57, please. | 57号 谢谢 |
[1:11:36] | Nine Lives by Varjak, Paul. | 保罗·瓦约克的[九条生命] |
[1:11:39] | Have you read it? It’s marvellous. | 你有看过吗? 很精彩的 |
[1:11:41] | -I’m afraid I haven’t. -You should. He wrote it. | -没有看过 -你该看看 是他写的 |
[1:11:44] | He’s Varjak, Paul, in person. | 他就是保罗·瓦约克本人 |
[1:11:47] | She doesn’t believe me. | 她不相信我 |
[1:11:48] | Show her your driver’s licence | 给她看你的驾照 |
[1:11:50] | or Diner’s Club Card or something. | 或信用卡等 |
[1:11:53] | He is the author. Cross my heart and kiss my elbow. | 他就是作者 我向天发誓 |
[1:11:56] | Would you kindly lower your voice? | 你可以小声一点吗? |
[1:11:58] | Autograph it. | 来签个名 |
[1:12:00] | Wouldn’t that be nice? Make it more personal? | 这不是很好吗? 更有真实感 |
[1:12:02] | Really, Miss… | 小姐… |
[1:12:04] | Go ahead. Don’t be so stuck up, autograph it. | 签吧 别犹豫了 签吧 |
[1:12:07] | What shall I say? | 好的 我该写上什么? |
[1:12:09] | Something sentimental, I think. | 感性的字句 |
[1:12:11] | What are you doing? Stop that! | 感性的字句? 你在干嘛? 住手! |
[1:12:13] | You’re defacing public property. | 你在破坏公物 |
[1:12:15] | Well, if that’s how you feel. | 好的 若你这么认为 |
[1:12:17] | Come on. Let’s get out of here. | 弗瑞德 我们走吧 |
[1:12:19] | I don’t think this place is half as nice as Tiffany’s. | 这儿的人 都没蒂凡尼的人一半友善 |
[1:12:35] | Did you ever steal anything from a 5-and-10 | 你曾在店里偷过东西吗? |
[1:12:38] | when you were a kid? | 当你还是孩子的时候? |
[1:12:40] | No. I’m the sensitive bookish type. Did you? | 没有 我是感性的书呆子 你呢? |
[1:12:43] | I used to. I still do now and then, to keep my hand in. | 我有过 而且现在偶尔还有偷东西 |
[1:12:47] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:12:49] | You’ve never done it, and it’s your turn. | 你没偷过 现在由你试试 别畏首畏尾 |
[1:15:34] | I can’t see. | 我看不见东西 |
[1:17:04] | Hi, cat. Lady of the house at home? | 猫咪 你好 女主人在吗? |
[1:17:38] | Trick or treat? | 不听话就受罚哦 |
[1:17:42] | You’re crazy. You know that, don’t you? | 你疯了? 你知道的 |
[1:17:44] | But I love you anyway. | 但我也爱你 |
[1:17:46] | -Tooley. -Yeah? | -涂蕾 -怎么了? |
[1:17:49] | I’ve…got to talk to you. | 我有话和你说 |
[1:17:52] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:17:58] | You want a drink? | 你想喝点什么? |
[1:18:05] | If this is a serious discussion, | 若有重要事要谈 |
[1:18:07] | and suddenly I’m terribly afraid it is, | 我突然很害怕是 |
[1:18:11] | you’ll have to take off that ridiculous mask, | 你先脱掉那滑稽的面具 |
[1:18:14] | or I’ll have to wear one, too. | 否则我也戴上面具 |
[1:18:16] | Tooley, look, please. | 求求你 |
[1:18:24] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[1:18:26] | Girl trouble? | 为女孩而烦恼? |
[1:18:28] | Is that it? | 亲爱的 是这事吗? |
[1:18:32] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:18:35] | Well, that’s not so serious. | 这不是什么严重的事 |
[1:18:38] | As a matter of fact, I’ve been expecting it. | 事实上 我也有预感 |
[1:18:41] | I can’t say I like it, but I’ve been expecting it. | 我不能说喜欢发生这事 但我有心理准备 |
[1:18:45] | Who is she? | 她是谁? |
[1:18:46] | Hasn’t got anything to do with her. | 此事跟她无关 |
[1:18:50] | This is between you and me. | 这是我和你之间的事 |
[1:18:52] | Then it is serious. | 那就严重了 |
[1:18:56] | Well, now. | 现在… |
[1:18:57] | Tooley, you’re a very stylish girl. | 你是个时髦的女孩 |
[1:18:59] | Can’t we end this stylishly? | 我们可否好好了结这事? |
[1:19:03] | End it? | 了结? |
[1:19:05] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:19:12] | I do believe love has found Andy Hardy. | 我相信安迪找到了爱 |
[1:19:17] | Let’s see…a waitress? | 让我猜猜…是女侍应? |
[1:19:20] | A salesgirl? | 售货员? |
[1:19:22] | No. She’d have to be rich, wouldn’t she, Paul? | 不 她该是富家女 对吗? |
[1:19:26] | Someone who could help you. | 一个能帮助你的人 |
[1:19:28] | Curiously enough… | 奇怪的是… |
[1:19:33] | She’s a girl who can’t help anyone, not even herself. | 她不能帮助我 更帮不了自己 |
[1:19:37] | But I can help her, and it’s a nice feeling for a change. | 我可以帮助她 我感觉很不错 |
[1:19:44] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:19:47] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[1:19:51] | I’ll tell you what, Paul. | 我来告诉你 保罗 |
[1:19:53] | I am a very stylish girl. | 我是个时髦女孩 |
[1:19:56] | -What are you doing? -Writing a cheque. | -你在干什么? -写支票 |
[1:20:01] | Don’t look so bewildered. | 别一副惊讶的样子 |
[1:20:03] | Surely you’ve noticed me writing cheques before. | 以前你也见过我写支票 |
[1:20:05] | Pay to the order of Paul Varjak, $1,000. | 给保罗·瓦约克一千元 |
[1:20:10] | Take her away somewhere for a week. | 带她出去度假一周 |
[1:20:14] | You’re entitled to a vacation with pay. | 根据劳工法例你可享有带薪假期 |
[1:20:16] | Simply a matter of fair labour practice, darling. | 这样你就可得到一切福利 |
[1:20:19] | If you were really smart, | 你真聪明的话 |
[1:20:21] | you’d get the boys together and organise a union. | 你可以集结男生成立工会 |
[1:20:24] | That way you’d get all the fringe benefits – | 这样你就可得到一切福利 |
[1:20:26] | hospitalisation, a pension plan | 例如医疗福利 退休计划 |
[1:20:29] | and unemployment insurance when you’re… | 失业保险… |
[1:20:32] | how shall I put it… | 我该怎么说? 当你找不到新对象时 |
[1:20:34] | between engagements? | 你可享有失业保险 |
[1:20:39] | Thanks for making it easier for me. | 谢谢你使我不用那么内疚 |
[1:20:42] | Don’t be ridiculous, darling. | 别傻了 亲爱的 |
[1:20:45] | Take the cheque. | 拿支票后 |
[1:20:47] | And call your girl. | 找那女孩 |
[1:20:49] | No, thanks. I’ve got a cheque of my own. | 不 谢谢 我有自己的支票 |
[1:20:54] | When you get yourself a new writer to help, | 当你找下个新作家帮忙时 |
[1:20:58] | try and find one my size. | 你该找一个跟我同样高大的人 |
[1:21:00] | That way you won’t have to even shorten the sleeves. | 这样你就不用浪费这一柜子的衣服了 |
[1:22:03] | -Oh! What are you doing? -Excuse me…I’m sorry. | -你在干什么? -抱歉…对不起 |
[1:22:08] | You look just like a girl I know named Holly. | 你跟我认识的女孩很相似 |
[1:22:11] | Really! | 真的吗 |
[1:22:13] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:22:43] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:22:52] | What do you want? | 你想怎样? |
[1:22:55] | I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[1:22:58] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[1:23:02] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[1:23:03] | Reading. | 看书 |
[1:23:04] | “South America: Land of Wealth and Promise”? | “南美洲 富裕之境” |
[1:23:08] | It’s very interesting. | 真有趣 |
[1:23:11] | Let’s get out of here. | 离开这儿吧 |
[1:23:15] | I said let’s get out of here. I want to talk to you. | 我说离开这儿 我有话跟你说 |
[1:23:21] | What’s the matter with you? What’s happened? | 你怎么了? 发生何事 |
[1:23:25] | Fred, will you please just leave me alone? | 弗瑞德 求你别烦着我 |
[1:23:30] | I love you. | 赫丽 我爱你 |
[1:23:38] | -Where are you going? -To the ladies’ room. | -你去哪儿? -去女厕 |
[1:23:43] | -What’s the matter with you? -Let me go. | -你怎么了? -弗瑞德 放开我 |
[1:23:46] | -No. -Fred, let me go. | -不 -弗瑞德 让我走 |
[1:23:48] | Let’s get something straight. | 我们先弄清楚一件事 |
[1:23:49] | I am not Fred, nor am I Benny Shacklett. | 我从来不是弗瑞德 也不是班尼·夏克利特 |
[1:23:53] | My name is Paul, Paul Varjak, and I love you. | 我是保罗·瓦约克 而且我爱你 |
[1:23:56] | -Let me go. -No. What about South America? | -放开我 -南美洲有何特别? |
[1:24:01] | If I’m marrying a South American, | 若我嫁给南美人 |
[1:24:03] | I’d better find out about the country. | 我就得先熟悉那儿 |
[1:24:06] | -Marry? What South American? -Jose. | -嫁给南美人? -荷西 |
[1:24:09] | -Who’s Jose? -Jose de Silva Pereira. | -谁是荷西? -荷西·佩雷拉 |
[1:24:12] | Who’s Jose de Silva Pereira? | 他是谁? |
[1:24:14] | You met him, Mag Wildwood’s friend. | 你见过他的 梅格的朋友 |
[1:24:17] | The good-looking one who came with Rusty. | 跟拉斯蒂同来的高大英俊男士 |
[1:24:19] | Well, you won’t believe this | 你不会相信 |
[1:24:22] | not only is he handsome and rich, | 他不但英俊而且很富有 |
[1:24:24] | he’s absolutely cuckoo for me. | 他绝对是适合人选 |
[1:24:26] | -You’re crazy. -You think you own me? | -你疯了 -你以为我属于你? |
[1:24:29] | That’s it exactly. | 我正是这么想 |
[1:24:30] | That’s what everybody always thinks, but they’re wrong. | 其他人也这么想 但他们错了 |
[1:24:34] | Look, I am not everybody. | 我不是其他人 |
[1:24:38] | Or am I? | 我是吗? |
[1:24:41] | Is that what you really think? | 你真的这么想吗? |
[1:24:43] | That I’m no different from all your rats and super rats? | 我跟小人 超级小人没有区别吗? |
[1:24:48] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[1:24:50] | If that’s it… | 若是这样… |
[1:24:53] | If that’s what you really think… | 若你是这样想的… |
[1:24:55] | there’s something I want to give you. | 我有些东西给你 |
[1:25:02] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[1:25:04] | $50 for the powder room. | 五十元去女厕的费用 |
[1:25:37] | The place is in such a mess, I couldn’t face it alone. | 我不想叫你进来 但我不能独自面对乱局 |
[1:25:40] | -Ah, you have a message. -No. | -你有口讯 -不 |
[1:25:47] | Ole. | 行了 |
[1:26:04] | Good evening, Mr Yunioshi. | 晚安 雄志 |
[1:26:09] | Oh, good evening, Paul. | 晚安 保罗 |
[1:26:11] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[1:26:14] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[1:26:30] | Please, you must help me. | 你定要帮助我 |
[1:26:48] | Let me go. No! | 放开我 不! |
[1:27:16] | No! No! | 不! 不! |
[1:27:38] | -What did you do to her? -Nothing. | -你对她干了什么? -没什么 |
[1:27:41] | There was a telegram, and then this… | 看了电报后她就这样… |
[1:27:43] | crashing everything, and acting crazy. | 乱扔乱砸 像是发疯了似的 |
[1:27:45] | It’s appalling. | 太恐怖了 |
[1:27:46] | I can’t have a public scandal. It’s too delicate. | 我不能成为公众丑闻 绝对不可以的 |
[1:27:49] | My name, my position, my family. | 我要顾及自己和家人的声誉 |
[1:27:51] | Will there be the police again? | 警察会来吗? |
[1:27:53] | I don’t see why. There’s no law against wrecking your apartment. | 不会 没有法律禁止人们在家中发脾气 |
[1:27:56] | -Where is the telegram? -There it is. | -电报在哪? -在那 |
[1:28:06] | “Received notice young Fred killed… | “获悉弗瑞德在堪萨斯州莱利堡… |
[1:28:12] | “in jeep accident, Fort Riley, Kansas. | “交通意外中身亡” |
[1:28:16] | “Your husband and children join in the sorrow of our mutual loss. | “你丈夫和孩子均深感遗憾” |
[1:28:21] | “Letter following. Love, Doc.” | “爱你的医生” |
[1:28:24] | Her brother Fred. | -是她的弟弟弗瑞德 -原来如此 |
[1:28:28] | This brother, was she very close to him? | 她和弟弟很亲密吗? |
[1:28:31] | Yeah. | 是 |
[1:28:35] | What can one do? | 我该怎么办? |
[1:28:38] | Try to help her. | 帮助她 |
[1:28:39] | I tried. It didn’t do much good. | 我曾尝试 但没什么用 |
[1:28:43] | You got a ranch or something in Brazil? | 你在巴西有牧场? |
[1:28:46] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:28:48] | That’s good. She’ll like that. | 很好 她喜欢牧场 |
[1:28:52] | Well, you better get in there. | 你最好进去 |
[1:30:19] | -Hi. -Hello. Got your wire. | -你好 -你好 收到你的电报 |
[1:30:22] | How did you know where to reach me? | 怎么找到我的? |
[1:30:25] | I tried everything, called people, asked around, | 我用尽各种办法 四处打听 |
[1:30:27] | then suddenly thought of the phone book. I’m glad you came. | 突然想起查电话簿 无论如何 很高兴你来了 |
[1:30:33] | You look fine. | 你看来不错 |
[1:30:34] | I’m fat as a pig, and I haven’t had my hair done, | 我胖的像猪一样 很久没整理发型了 |
[1:30:38] | -but I’m happy, really happy, -it probably shows. | -但我很快乐 真的很快乐 -看得出 |
[1:30:40] | You look tres distingue yourself. | 你容光焕发 |
[1:30:42] | I’ve got a job. I’ve been writing a little. | 我接了份单子 近日一直在写作 |
[1:30:45] | I’ve read three of your stories… | 我看了你三篇文章… |
[1:30:47] | two in the New Yorker and one in that funny little magazine. | 两篇刊在[纽约人] 一篇在杂志内 |
[1:30:52] | -Won’t you sit down? -Thank you. | -坐下来好吗? -谢谢 |
[1:30:55] | -I’ve taken up knitting. -So I see. | -我在学编织 -看出来了 |
[1:30:59] | It’ll probably look very nice once it’s finished. | 完成后相信会很好看 |
[1:31:03] | I’m nervous about it. | 实际上我有点紧张 |
[1:31:04] | Jose brought up the blueprints for a ranch house. | 荷西带来新牧场的蓝图 |
[1:31:07] | Maybe those and my knitting instructions got switched. | 我将蓝图和编织指示图混淆了 |
[1:31:12] | It’s possible I’m knitting a ranch house! | 我可能编织出一个牧场 |
[1:31:23] | Really, I can’t tell you how divinely happy I am. | 我不知怎么告诉你我有多快乐 |
[1:31:27] | What is that, anyhow? | 那是什么? |
[1:31:29] | Portuguese…a very complicated language. | 葡萄牙语…复杂的语言 |
[1:31:32] | 4,000 irregular verbs. | 四千个不规则动词 |
[1:31:41] | Very impressive. What’s it mean? | 太强了 是什么意思? |
[1:31:42] | I believe you are in league with the butcher. | 我相信你跟屠夫在一起 |
[1:31:49] | Holly, what’s this about? | 赫丽 怎么了? |
[1:31:52] | Why did you want to see me? | 你为何想见我? |
[1:31:54] | Jose’s in Washington tonight, so I thought I’d ask you over. | 荷西在华盛顿 我想应该叫你过来 |
[1:31:58] | Well, I’ve said goodbye to everyone else I care about. | 我已经和其他关心我的人道过别了 |
[1:32:02] | -You’re going somewhere? -Rio, tomorrow. | -你要去哪? -明天我要去里约 |
[1:32:05] | I’ve got the plane ticket, and I’ve even said goodbye to Sally. | 我拿到了机票 甚至也和沙里告别了 |
[1:32:08] | -Jose’s flying with you? -We’re on separate planes. | -荷西跟你一起去? -我们乘坐不同班机 |
[1:32:11] | He thinks it’s wrong to travel together. | 他认为一起去不太好 |
[1:32:14] | His family’s important, so he worries about things like that. | 他的家族很保守 所以他介怀 |
[1:32:18] | I thought I’d show off and cook dinner for us. | 我想我得露一手了 |
[1:32:22] | Did I tell you how utterly happy I am? | 我有告诉你我很快乐吗? |
[1:32:25] | Yes. | 有 |
[1:32:26] | You are getting married, then? | 接着你们会结婚? |
[1:32:28] | Well, he hasn’t really asked me, not in so many words. | 他还没向我求婚 没说那些字 |
[1:32:31] | Four, you mean? | 你是指那四个字吗 |
[1:32:34] | Well, that’s how many words it takes. | 这有多难启齿 |
[1:32:37] | “Will you marry me?” | 请嫁给我 |
[1:32:40] | We’ll get married, all right. | 我知道我们会结婚 |
[1:32:42] | In church and with his family there, | 在教堂举行 他的家人都来参加 |
[1:32:44] | and that’s why he’s waiting till we get to Rio…probably. | 所以他等到我们到了里约才说 |
[1:32:51] | Do you think it’s trying to tell us something? | 它像是想告诉我们一些东西 |
[1:32:53] | I hope you like chicken and rice with chocolate sauce. | 希望你喜欢咖喱鸡饭 |
[1:32:57] | It’s an Indian classic, dear. | 这是东印度传统 |
[1:32:59] | Three months ago, I couldn’t scramble eggs. | 三个月前我还不懂打蛋 |
[1:33:05] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗? |
[1:33:08] | Golly, darling. I did so want to impress you. | 我想你对我另眼相看 |
[1:33:11] | Look, I’m not much for chicken with sauce, anyway. | 反正我也不太喜欢有汁的鸡 |
[1:33:14] | Why don’t we go out somewhere for a farewell dinner? | 我请你吃饭饯行吧 |
[1:33:19] | That would be fun, as long as I can go like this. | 这会很有趣 只要我穿成这样 |
[1:33:29] | Years from now, years and years, I’ll be back… | 过了数年后我会回来… |
[1:33:34] | me and my nine Brazilian brats. | 我带着九个巴西小子 |
[1:33:38] | They’ll be dark like Jose, of course, | 他们会象荷西般黝黑 |
[1:33:40] | but they’ll have bright green, beautiful eyes. | 但他们会有漂亮的碧眼 |
[1:33:45] | I’ll bring them back, all right, | 我会带他们回来 |
[1:33:47] | because they must see this. | 因为他们定要看看这儿 |
[1:33:50] | Oh, I love New York. | 我爱纽约 |
[1:33:51] | Then why are you leaving? What’s in it for you, anyway? | 那么你为何离开? 你怎么想的? |
[1:33:56] | I know what you’re thinking. I don’t blame you. | 我知道你在想什么 我不能怪你 |
[1:34:00] | I’ve always thrown out such a jazzy line, | 我说话一向华而不实 |
[1:34:02] | but except for Doc and yourself, Jose’s my first non-rat romance. | 除了医生和你 荷西是我首次真正的恋爱 |
[1:34:07] | Not that he’s my idea of the absolute finito. | 他不可算是我完美的如意郎君 |
[1:34:10] | He’s too prim and cautious to be my absolute ideal. | 他太一本正经和谨慎了 |
[1:34:15] | If I could choose from anybody, I wouldn’t pick Jose. | 若我可选择任何人我不会选荷西 |
[1:34:18] | Nero, maybe, or Albert Schweitzer. | 尼赫鲁 或许史怀哲 |
[1:34:21] | Or Leonard Bernstein. | 或许伯恩斯坦 |
[1:34:24] | But I am mad about Jose. | 但我为荷西疯狂 |
[1:34:26] | I’d give up smoking if he asked me. | 只要他提出 我愿为他戒烟 |
[1:34:32] | Come on, darling, let’s eat. | 时候不早了 |
[1:34:34] | It’s getting late. | 我们去吃东西吧 |
[1:34:36] | I’m leaving tomorrow and I haven’t begun to pack. | 明天就要离开 我还没收拾行李 |
[1:34:59] | Didn’t want Jose to think I’m a girl who loses her key, | 我不想荷西认为 我是个丢钥匙狂 |
[1:35:03] | so I had 26 of them made. | 所以我配了二十六把钥匙 |
[1:35:05] | Wait. I got a better idea. | 等等 我有更好的提议 |
[1:35:07] | Kind of a farewell gesture. | 作为道别仪式 |
[1:35:10] | Somebody must have tripped the lock. | 一定是有人弄坏了门锁 |
[1:35:12] | Ah, crafty devil, that Yunioshi. | 肯定是那个狡猾的雄志 |
[1:35:15] | Wake up, wake up! The British are coming! | 醒醒 英国人来了 |
[1:35:17] | Or, in this case, the Brazilians. | 或许是巴西人 |
[1:35:19] | Exactly. | 准确地说 |
[1:35:20] | I’ve still got to clean up that rice. | 我还要清理那些饭 |
[1:35:23] | Hey, you know… | 你可知道… |
[1:35:27] | There she are who did it! The wanted woman! There! | 队长 她在那儿 那女人 |
[1:35:33] | Groenburger. Narcotics squad. | 扫毒组的克朗柏格 |
[1:35:35] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:35:36] | What’s going on? | 发生何事? |
[1:35:37] | -Why don’t you ask your boss? -What boss? | -为什么不去问你的老板? -什么老板? |
[1:35:40] | Sally Tomato. Ask him. Come on. | 沙里·托马图 去问他 |
[1:35:42] | Look around for narcotic! They got plenty in there. | 四处搜查 看看有没有毒品 他们有很多毒品 |
[1:36:03] | -What’s your name? -Varjak. | -你叫什么名字 -瓦约克 |
[1:36:06] | Hold it down over there! | 留在那儿 |
[1:36:08] | Paul Varjak. V-A-R-J-A-K. Get lost! | 保罗·瓦约克 瓦约克 走开 |
[1:36:12] | Get out! | 快走开 |
[1:36:13] | I’m a writer. W-R-I-T-E-R. | 我是作家 作家 |
[1:36:20] | I can’t answer all your questions. | 我不能回答所有问题 |
[1:36:22] | One at a time. One, please. Good. | 每次问一条 谢谢 很好 |
[1:36:28] | I can’t answer all your questions. | 我不能回答所有问题 |
[1:36:30] | One at a time. | 每次问一条 |
[1:36:31] | Knock it off! | 请静下来 很好 |
[1:36:35] | Now, why don’t you start? | 由你开始吧 |
[1:36:37] | Did you carry messages in code? | 你曾替托马图用密码带口讯? |
[1:36:39] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[1:36:40] | I’d just give Mr O’Shaughnessy the weather report. | 我只是替奥肖内西报告天气 |
[1:36:43] | Simply do not ask me what this is all about. | 别问我当中的内容 |
[1:36:45] | -You did visit Tomato? -Every week. What’s wrong? | -但你曾探访托马图? -每周都去 怎么了? |
[1:36:49] | Tomato’s part of the narcotics syndicate. | 他参与毒品买卖 |
[1:36:52] | He never mentioned narcotics. | 他不曾向我提及毒品 |
[1:36:54] | These wretched people keep persecuting him. | 他被诬告使我感到愤怒 |
[1:36:57] | He’s a deeply sensitive person, a darling old man. | 他是一个感性而又亲切的老人 |
[1:37:00] | -Then you’re innocent. -Of course. | -那么你是清白的? -当然 |
[1:37:02] | -What are you going to do about it? -Who’s your lawyer? | -你会怎么办? -什么意思? -谁是你的律师? |
[1:37:08] | I don’t know. Mr O’Shaughnessy, I guess. | 不知道 可能是奥肖内西先生 |
[1:37:10] | Mr O’Shaughnessy! | 奥肖内西先生 |
[1:37:13] | Hey! Get out of here! | 快走开 |
[1:37:15] | All right, come on! OK, move. | 好的 进来! 好了 拿开 |
[1:37:20] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[1:37:21] | Get in there! | 到那边去! |
[1:37:43] | -Yeah. -Mr Paul Varjak? | -你好 -保罗·瓦约克先生? |
[1:37:46] | Yeah. | 是 |
[1:37:47] | Ready with Mr Berman in Hollywood. | 准备跟好莱坞的伯曼先生通话 |
[1:37:49] | Kindly deposit $3 for the first 3 minutes. | 请投入三元 作为第一个三分钟谈话费 |
[1:38:00] | Hello? Hello? | 喂? 喂? |
[1:38:04] | OJ Berman here. Who’s calling? | OJ·伯曼 是谁? |
[1:38:07] | -This is Paul Varjak. -Nice to talk to you, kid. | -伯曼先生 我是保罗·瓦约克 -很高兴和你谈话 |
[1:38:11] | Varjak…V-A-R-J-A-K. | 瓦约克…V-A-R-J-A-K |
[1:38:14] | I’m a friend of Holly’s. We met at a party. | 我是赫丽的朋友 我在派对上见过你 |
[1:38:17] | -Who? -Paul. Paul Varjak. | -谁? -保罗 保罗·瓦约克 |
[1:38:23] | Mr Berman, this is Fred. | 伯曼 我是弗瑞德 |
[1:38:26] | Oh, Fred, baby, huh? | 原来是弗瑞德啊 |
[1:38:28] | You’re calling about the kid, huh? | 你打电话是为了那女孩子 |
[1:38:31] | Everything’s under control. You can just relax. | 局面己受控制 放松一点 |
[1:38:34] | I spoke to my lawyer in New York. | 我跟纽约的律师谈过 |
[1:38:38] | I told him to take care of it, but keep my name anonymous. | 他会处理一切 但别公开我的名字 |
[1:38:42] | -What? -I want no part of it. Hear me? | -什么? -我不想别人知道我和此事有关 |
[1:38:46] | You sound like you’re in a tunnel. | 你像是在隧道里 |
[1:38:48] | It’s this executive phone I have. | 那是高档电话的问题 |
[1:38:51] | -What? -Executive phone! | -什么? -高档电话! |
[1:38:54] | They only got her on 10,000 bail. | 弗瑞德 她的保释金只需一万元 |
[1:38:56] | My lawyer can get her out at 10am. | 我的律师可在今早保释她 |
[1:38:59] | I tell you what you do. | 我告诉你 |
[1:39:00] | You bust into that dump she lives in, | 你该去她那狗窝 |
[1:39:03] | collect all her junk, | 收拾她的行李 |
[1:39:05] | go get her, take her to a hotel under a phoney name. | 再去监狱接她 以假名替她入住饭店 |
[1:39:10] | Keep her away from the reporters. | 我们不想她接触记者 |
[1:39:13] | Will you do that? | 你愿意这样做吗? |
[1:39:14] | Sure, Mr Berman. | 当然 伯曼先生 |
[1:39:15] | I can’t tell you how much I appreciate… | 我真的很感激你… |
[1:39:18] | Forget it. I mean, I owe her something. | 算了吧 我的意思 我欠她情 |
[1:39:23] | Not that I owe her anything, if you get right down to it, | 不是说欠她什么东西 若你想知道原因 |
[1:39:27] | but…she’s a crazy. | 但…她是疯子 |
[1:39:31] | She’s a phoney. | 她是骗子 |
[1:39:34] | But she’s a real phoney. | 但她是真正的骗子 |
[1:39:37] | Know what I mean, kid? | 你明白我的意思吗? 小子 |
[1:39:39] | Yeah, I know what you mean. | 我明白 |
[1:39:41] | Thanks, Mr Berman. Thanks a lot. | 谢谢你 伯曼先生 |
[1:39:43] | Right! | 好了 |
[1:39:51] | Why don’t you behave? | 怎么不听话了? |
[1:40:04] | Quel night. | 晚安 |
[1:40:20] | I did a little housebreaking while you were away. | 你不在时 我破门而入你家 |
[1:40:23] | Clayton Hotel, driver. 84th and Madison. | 请去克雷顿饭店 八十四街和麦迪逊街交界 |
[1:40:26] | OJ thinks you should stay out of sight for a while. | OJ认为你该躲躲风头 |
[1:40:31] | I got your stuff here, including cat. | 我带来你的物品 包括猫咪 |
[1:40:33] | Hope he’s all right. | 希望他没事 |
[1:40:35] | Hello, cat… | 猫咪 你好… |
[1:40:37] | Poor no-name slob. | 可怜的无名猫 |
[1:40:41] | Listen, darling, did you find that plane ticket? | 听着 亲爱的 你找到机票吗? |
[1:40:44] | -Here. We can cash it in. -Are you kidding? | -在这 可换回现金 -换回现金? 你说笑吗? |
[1:40:48] | -What time is it? -A little after 10. | -现在几点? -刚过了十点 |
[1:40:51] | Idlewild Airport, driver. | 好 去艾迪怀尔德机场 |
[1:40:53] | -Never mind. You can’t do that. -Why not? | -别理会她 你不能这么做 -为什么? |
[1:40:56] | You don’t understand. You’re under indictment. | 难道你不明白吗 你在保释期间 |
[1:40:58] | You jump bail, they’ll throw away the key. | 离境会被拘捕 |
[1:41:02] | Don’t be ridiculous. Soon I’ll be married to the future president of Brazil. | 别说笑了 我就要结婚成为未来的巴西总统夫人 |
[1:41:07] | That’ll give me diplomatic immunity or something. | 我可以获得外交豁免权 |
[1:41:10] | I wouldn’t bet on it. | 看来不是 |
[1:41:13] | What is it, darling? | 什么? |
[1:41:16] | I have a message for you. | 你有口信 |
[1:41:20] | Oh, yes, I see. | 好的 我明白了 |
[1:41:22] | Did he bring it in person, or was it shoved under the door? | 他亲自送来还是只放在门下? |
[1:41:27] | A cousin. | 表亲送来的 |
[1:41:31] | Hand me my purse, will you, darling? | 把手袋给我 好吗 |
[1:41:33] | A girl can’t read that sort of thing… | 女孩子没涂上口红… |
[1:41:35] | without her lipstick. | 就不可以看口信 |
[1:41:38] | You read it to me, darling. | 你替我读出来 |
[1:41:41] | I don’t think I can quite…bear… | 我怕我承受不了… |
[1:41:43] | Are you sure you want me to? | 你真的想这样吗? |
[1:41:51] | “My dearest little girl, | “我亲爱的小女孩” |
[1:41:53] | “I have loved you knowing you were not as others, | “我爱你 我知道你与众不同” |
[1:41:57] | “but conceive of my despair | “但我不喜欢受公众注目” |
[1:41:59] | “upon discovering in such a brutal and public style | “我和你来自不同阶级” |
[1:42:03] | “how very different you are from the manner of woman “a man of my position could hope to make his wife. | “你和我心目中的妻子很不同” |
[1:42:09] | “I grieve for the disgrace of your present circumstances, | “很抱歉你现在名誉受损” |
[1:42:13] | “and I do not find it in my heart | “我不想加深你的痛楚” |
[1:42:16] | “to add my condemn…to the condemn that surrounds you. | “因为你己被旁人指责” |
[1:42:21] | “So I hope you find it in your heart not to condemn me. | “希望你在心里不会指责我” |
[1:42:25] | “I have my family to protect, and my name. | “我要保护家人和我的声誊” |
[1:42:28] | “I am a coward where these institutions enter. | “我是一名懦夫” |
[1:42:32] | “Forget me, beautiful child, | “忘了我吧 漂亮宝贝” |
[1:42:35] | “and may God be with you. | “愿主保佑你” |
[1:42:37] | “Jose.” Well | “荷西” |
[1:42:44] | Well, at least he’s honest. | 至少他很坦白 |
[1:42:46] | It’s kind of touching. | 有点感动 |
[1:42:48] | Touching! That square-ball jazz. | 感动? 那个死板守旧的人 |
[1:42:52] | He says he’s a coward. | 他已经说他是懦夫 |
[1:42:54] | All right! So he’s not a regular rat | 是的! 那么他不是小人 |
[1:42:56] | or even a super rat. | 或超级小人 |
[1:42:58] | He’s just a scared little mouse, that’s all. | 他只是惊慌失措的小老鼠 |
[1:43:01] | But, oh, golly…Gee, damn! | 但天啊…该死! |
[1:43:10] | Well, so much for South America. | 既然你也不用再去南美洲了 |
[1:43:15] | You’re not cut out for queen of the Pampas, anyway. | 你也不会成为皇后了 |
[1:43:18] | -Clayton Hotel. -Idlewild. | -去克雷顿饭店 -艾迪怀尔德机场 |
[1:43:21] | What? | 什么? |
[1:43:23] | The plane leaves at 12. On it I plan to be. | 班机十二点起飞 我会上机 |
[1:43:26] | -Holly, you can’t. -Et pourquoi pas? | -赫丽 你不能去 |
[1:43:29] | I’m not hotfooting it after Jose, | 我不是想去追回荷西 |
[1:43:32] | -if that’s what you think. -Oh, no. | -即使那是你想要的 -哦 不 |
[1:43:34] | As far as I’m concerned, he’s the future president of nowhere. | 他成为总统也与我无关 |
[1:43:37] | Only why waste a plane ticket? | 但我为何要浪费这机票? |
[1:43:39] | Besides, I’ve never been to Brazil. | 我还没有去过巴西 |
[1:43:43] | Please, darling, don’t sit there looking at me like that. | 求求你 别这样看着我 |
[1:43:46] | I’m going and that’s that. | 我一定要去 |
[1:43:50] | All they want are my services as a witness against Sally. | 他们只是想我指证沙里 |
[1:43:54] | Nobody has any intention of prosecuting me. | 没有人想起诉我 |
[1:43:57] | To begin with, they don’t have a ghost of a chance. | 但他们没有机会这么做 |
[1:44:02] | This town’s finished for me… | 我对这城市不再留恋… |
[1:44:04] | at least for a while. | 至少这阵子不会留恋 |
[1:44:06] | There are certain shades of limelight | 强烈的聚光灯 |
[1:44:07] | that can wreck a girl’s complexion. | 会伤害女孩子的皮肤 |
[1:44:10] | They’ll have the rope up at every saloon in town. | 我到每间发廊也会受大众注视 |
[1:44:14] | I’ll tell you what. When you get back to town, | 我告诉你该怎么做 当你回去后 |
[1:44:17] | call the New York Times or whoever you call. | 致电纽约时报或其他随便什么报 |
[1:44:20] | Mail me a list of the 50 richest men in Brazil. The 50 richest! | 把巴西前五十富豪的名单寄给我 是前五十名富豪 |
[1:44:26] | Holly. I won’t let you do this. | 赫丽 我不会让你这么做 |
[1:44:30] | -You won’t? -Holly, I’m in love with you. | -你不会让我这么做? -赫丽 我爱你 |
[1:44:33] | -So what? -So what? So plenty! | -那又如何? -那又如何? 这是很重要的 |
[1:44:37] | I love you. You belong to me. | 我爱你 你属于我的 |
[1:44:40] | No. People don’t belong to people. | 不 人们不属于对方 |
[1:44:42] | Of course they do. | 他们当然是 |
[1:44:43] | -Nobody’s putting me in a cage. -I want to love you. | -没有人可将我放在笼内 -我不想将你放在笼内 我想爱你! |
[1:44:47] | It’s the same thing. | 两者是相同的 |
[1:44:48] | No, it’s not! Holly! | 不 不是的 赫丽! |
[1:44:50] | I’m not Holly. I’m not Lula Mae, either. | 我不是赫丽 也不是露拉美 |
[1:44:53] | I don’t know who I am! I’m like cat, a no-name slob. | 我不知道自己是谁 我和猫咪都是无名氏 |
[1:44:56] | We belong to nobody. | 不属于任何人 |
[1:44:58] | We don’t even belong to each other. | 我们不属于对方 |
[1:45:01] | Stop the cab. | 停车 |
[1:45:08] | What do you think? | 你认为怎样? |
[1:45:09] | This ought to be the right place | 这儿该适合你 |
[1:45:11] | for a tough guy like you, garbage cans, rats galore… | 垃圾堆 到处是老鼠… |
[1:45:15] | Scram! I said take off! Beat it! | 滚开 我说下车 |
[1:45:19] | Let’s go. | 起程吧 |
[1:45:32] | Driver…Pull over here. | 司机…请停在那 |
[1:45:45] | You know what’s wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? | 你知道你有什么问题吗? 无名氏小姐 |
[1:45:49] | You’re chicken. | 你很懦弱 |
[1:45:50] | You’ve got no guts. | 缺乏勇气 |
[1:45:52] | You’re afraid to say, “OK, life’s a fact.” | 你害怕承认人生就是这样 |
[1:45:55] | People do fall in love. | 人们相爱 |
[1:45:56] | People do belong to each other, | 结成佳偶 |
[1:45:58] | because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for happiness. | 因为这是人们 获得真正幸福的唯一机会 |
[1:46:02] | You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing. | 你说自己野性难驯 |
[1:46:05] | You’re terrified somebody’s going to stick you in a cage. | 害怕别人将你困在笼子里 |
[1:46:08] | Well, baby, you’re already in that cage. | 其实你己在笼子里 |
[1:46:10] | You built it yourself. | 你自己给自己做的笼子 |
[1:46:12] | And it’s not bounded by Tulip, Texas, or Somaliland. It’s wherever you go. | 这和图纳 德州或索马里无关 |
[1:46:16] | Because no matter where you run, | 无论你去哪 |
[1:46:18] | you end up running into yourself. | 你都得面对自己 |
[1:46:27] | Here. I’ve been carrying this thing around for months. | 给你的 这几个月来我一直带在身边 |
[1:46:31] | I don’t want it any more. | 我不再需要它了 |
[1:47:23] | Here, cat! | 猫咪 过来 |
[1:47:26] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:47:36] | Where’s the cat? | 猫咪在哪儿? |
[1:47:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |