英文名称:Capote
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:10] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[02:15] | Nancy? | 南西? |
[03:10] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[03:11] | But at least be honest about the facts. | 至少要诚实面对事实 |
[03:14] | – That’s what I’m saying. – Who’s honest? | -我就是这个意思 -谁是诚实的? |
[03:16] | I’m honest. | 我就是 |
[03:17] | I am honest about what I write about. | 我对我写的东西都很诚实 |
[03:19] | I’ll let you know if it’s autobiographical, or if it’s about me, or if it’s not. | 我会让你知道这是否为自传式作品 是否关于我本人 |
[03:23] | And I find autobiographical stories at this juncture of my life to be quite boring. | 但我觉得我生命里 这段时期的自传式故事挺无聊的 |
[03:32] | …say I’m one thing, but actually you’re another thing. | 假设我是这样 但实际上却不是这样 |
[03:35] | I think being true to who you are is important. | 我认为对自己诚实很重要 |
[03:37] | I’m not saying you need to be psychoanalytical about the whole mess. | 并不是说你得用精神分析 来看待这一切 |
[03:40] | – But don’t be afraid. – Yeah, I… But don’t be afraid. | -但不要害怕 -对 但不要害怕 |
[03:42] | I had lunch with Jimmy Baldwin the other day. | 那天我和吉米鲍德温一起吃午饭 |
[03:45] | – How is he? – He’s a lovely man. | -他这人怎样? -他人很和善 |
[03:48] | And he told me the plot of his new book. | 他跟我说了他新书的情节 |
[03:52] | And he said to me, “But I just want to make sure… | 他对我说: “我只是想确定… |
[03:54] | it’s not one of those problem novels.” | 这不会成为问题小说” |
[03:57] | And I said, “Jimmy… | 我说: “吉米… |
[03:58] | your novel’s about a Negro homosexual who’s in love with a Jew.” | 你的小说讲的是黑人同性恋 爱上了一个犹太人” |
[04:03] | “Wouldn’t you call that a problem?” | “难道这还不叫问题吗?” |
[04:08] | And he looked at me and he laughed because he knew I was right. | 他看了看我 笑了 因为他知道我是对的 |
[04:11] | I’m saying, you know, if you’re gonna write something like that… | 我是说 如果你要写类似的东西… |
[04:14] | at least be honest why you’re writing it. | 至少要诚实面对你写作的理由 |
[04:16] | Can’t we just be honest? | 诚实有这么难吗? |
[04:19] | Well, I don’t think you actually need to be honest. | 我认为你其实不必诚实 |
[04:21] | But don’t come asking some white man from the South… | 但别问一个来自南方的白佬… |
[04:24] | whether your book about a black man fucking some Jew… | 你那本关于黑人跟犹太人上床… |
[04:28] | when they’re both of the same sex… | 且他们还是同性的书是否… |
[04:29] | is an issue! | 有问题! |
[04:31] | Don’t ask me that! | 别来问我! |
[04:32] | Oh, no, it’s not an issue, Jimmy. | 噢 不是问题 吉米 |
[04:34] | Everyone’s gonna be quite pleased with that topic. | 大家会很喜欢那题材喔 |
[04:37] | So how about you, Truman? Do you admit it? | 那楚门你呢?你是同性恋吗? |
[04:39] | Well, I’m not nearly that controversial. | 我可没那么有争议 |
[04:42] | I’m not! I’m not! I am not. | 我不是!我不是! |
[04:45] | I’m not nearly that controversial. | 我没那么有争议啦 |
[04:48] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[05:40] | Hi. It’s Truman for William Shawn, please. | 喂 我是楚门 请找威廉尚恩 |
[05:46] | Have you read the article about the killings in Kansas… | 你看到《纽约时报》头版… |
[05:49] | in the front section of The New York Times? | 关于堪萨斯州命案的新闻了吗? |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1191个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:194个,六级词汇:102个,GRE词汇:100个,托福词汇:147个,考研词汇:209个,专四词汇:174个,专八词汇:30个, 所有生词标注共:358个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:52] | I think that’s what I want to write about. | 那正是我想写的 |
[06:00] | I want to go tonight. | 我今晚就想去 |
[06:21] | – I figured you’d missed it. – I’m sorry. | -我以为你没赶上车 -抱歉 |
[06:23] | That’s all right. I thought I was heading to Kansas by myself. | 没关系… 我以为得单独去堪萨斯州了呢 |
[06:29] | God, I’m glad you agreed to come. | 天啊 真高兴你愿意同来 |
[06:31] | You’re the only one I know with the qualifications… | 你是我认识的人中 唯一有资格… |
[06:34] | to be both a research assistant and a personal bodyguard. | 身兼研究助理和个人保镖的 |
[06:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:39] | Now I’m nervous. | 现在我开始紧张了 |
[06:40] | Yes? | 谁呀? |
[06:42] | Mr. Truman Capote and Miss Nelle Harper Lee? | 请问是楚门卡波特先生 和妮欧哈波李小姐吗? |
[06:45] | – That’s us. – Where would you like these, sir? | -是的 -请问行李要放哪? |
[06:47] | You can put that right there between the doors. | 就放在门边吧 |
[06:49] | What all did you bring? | 你带了什么呀? |
[06:51] | Just a few things. | 一点东西 |
[06:55] | – Thank you greatly, sir. – Thank you. | -非常感谢您 -谢谢 |
[06:57] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:59] | It’s an honor to have you with us, sir… | 很荣幸有您搭乘这班车… |
[07:02] | and I hope you won’t mind me saying… | 希望您不介意我这么说… |
[07:04] | but I thought your last book was even better than the first. | 但我认为您的上一本书 比第一本好太多了 |
[07:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:09] | I mean, just when you think they’ve gotten as good as they can get. | 您的每本书都青出于蓝 |
[07:12] | – Thank you very much. – Ma’am. | -非常谢谢你 -女士 |
[07:22] | You’re pathetic. | 你真可悲 |
[07:24] | – What? – You paid him to say that. | -什么? -你付钱叫他这么说的 |
[07:29] | You paid him to say that. | 你付钱叫他这么说的 |
[07:35] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[07:36] | “Just when you think they’ve gotten as good as they can get”? | “您的每本书都青出于蓝”? |
[07:38] | I thought that was a good line. | 我以为那句词很棒呢 |
[07:42] | – Do you think that was too much? – Yeah, a bit. | -你认为太过头了吗? -对 有点 |
[07:54] | Your keys. | 你的钥匙 |
[07:55] | – Sign here, please. – Thank you. | -请在这签名 -谢谢 |
[08:10] | Alvin Dewey… | 艾尔文敦伊… |
[08:13] | Kansas Bureau of Investigation. | 堪萨斯调查局 |
[08:17] | KBI KBI. | |
[08:21] | KBI KBI. | |
[08:27] | Hi. I’m looking for Alvin Dewey. | 嗨 我要找艾尔文敦伊 |
[08:37] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[08:39] | Mr. Dewey. Truman Capote, from The New Yorker. | 敦伊先生 我是《纽约客》的楚门卡波特 |
[08:46] | – Bergdorf’s. – Sorry? | -柏克多夫买的 -什么? |
[08:48] | – The scarf. – Oh. | -围巾 -噢 |
[08:50] | – Nice. – Thank you. | -不错 -谢谢 |
[08:52] | Mr. Dewey, I wonder when we could arrange an interview, some time to talk. | 敦伊先生 不晓得能否安排一个访谈? |
[08:59] | About what? | 谈什么? |
[09:01] | Well, we’re not looking for any inside information. | 我们不是要找内幕消息 |
[09:04] | You know, I don’t care one way or another if you catch whoever did this. | 我完全不关心你们能否抓到凶手 |
[09:08] | I’m writing an article on how the Clutter killings are affecting the town. | 我要写篇稿子… 描述克拉特命案对整个镇的影响 |
[09:12] | You know, how you all are bearing up. | 以及大家对此事的感受 |
[09:16] | I care. | 我关心 |
[09:21] | – Excuse me? – I care. | -什么? -我关心 |
[09:23] | I care a great deal if we catch whoever did this. | 我非常关心能否抓到凶手 |
[09:26] | Oh, I see. | 噢 了解 |
[09:28] | – As do a lot of folks around here. – Oh, of course. | -这里的很多人也都关心 -噢 当然 |
[09:32] | Do you have press credentials? | 你有记者证吗? |
[09:33] | – What’s a New Yorker? – Magazine. | -纽约客是什么? -是杂志 |
[09:34] | Magazines don’t give out… | 不会泄露… |
[09:35] | You can come to the news conference with the rest of them. | 你可跟大家一起参加记者招待会 |
[09:38] | Sears, Roebuck. | 西尔斯罗巴克牌的 |
[09:41] | The boy was 16? | 那男孩16岁? |
[09:43] | He was 15. | 他15岁 |
[09:45] | Nancy was 16. | 南西才是16岁 |
[09:46] | And it’s her friend that found them? | 是她朋友发现他们的吗? |
[09:48] | – Laura Kinney. – Can you spell that? | -萝拉柯尼 -能否请你拼出来? |
[09:52] | I assume you’re okay with the Laura part. | 我想萝拉怎么拼应该没有疑问 |
[09:55] | K-l-N-N-E-Y. | 柯-尼 |
[09:59] | But, please, leave her be. | 但请别烦扰她 |
[10:01] | There’s talk of a bunch of Mexicans. A whole bunch of Mexicans. | 谣传是一大群墨西哥人干的 |
[10:07] | Hello, George. | 嗨 乔治 |
[10:09] | It’s good to see you again. | 真高兴又看到你 |
[10:11] | I do have an opinion whether this was the work of one man… | 我对本案是否为一人所为 或者如你所言… |
[10:16] | or “a whole bunch,” as you said… | 是由一大群人做的 的确有所定见… |
[10:19] | but it doesn’t matter a whole lot… | 但重点并不在于… |
[10:21] | whether it was Mexicans or Methodists or Eskimos. | 是墨西哥人 公会教徒 或爱斯基摩人所为 |
[10:27] | We’re gonna find whoever did this. | 我们都会找出凶手 |
[10:29] | Now, four good people from our community are dead. | 我们社区里的四位好人死了 |
[10:32] | So let’s remember that. | 大家谨记这点吧 |
[10:35] | The West Kansas Farm Committee… | 西部堪萨斯农委会… |
[10:38] | is offering a $1,000 reward… | 提拨1千美金悬赏… |
[10:41] | for information leading to an arrest. | 给任何对逮捕有利的线索 |
[10:43] | Please print that. | 请记下这点 |
[10:47] | And thank you all for coming. | 感谢各位光临 |
[10:59] | He was foxy with that old man. | 他对那老人很狡猾 |
[11:13] | This make you miss Alabama? | 这会让你想念阿拉巴马州? |
[11:15] | Not even a little bit. | 才不会呢 |
[11:18] | – You lie. – I don’t lie. | -你说谎 -我不说谎 |
[11:52] | – Good morning. – Hi. | -早安 -嗨 |
[11:55] | Can any of you tell me where I’d find Laura Kinney? | 你们哪位可以告诉我 萝拉柯尼在哪里? |
[12:05] | Is that her? With the boy? | 那就是她?跟男孩在一起的? |
[12:07] | Yeah, with Danny Burke. | 对 那是丹尼伯克 |
[12:09] | Danny Burke? | 丹尼伯克? |
[12:10] | Laura? | 萝拉? |
[12:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:22] | Truman. | 楚门 |
[12:26] | I’m gonna find out where that girl lives. | 我要查出那女孩住哪 |
[12:29] | Can I do that alone? | 我自己去行吗? |
[12:33] | All right? | 好吗? |
[12:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:12] | I think I scared a friend of yours this morning. | 我想我今天早上吓到你的一个朋友了 |
[14:15] | She came looking for you when I was writing. | 她在我写作时跑来找你 |
[14:17] | – You hate my friends. – No, I wouldn’t say “hate.” | -你讨厌我朋友 -不至于到”讨厌”啦 |
[14:20] | Just as long as they don’t knock on my door. | 只要他们不来敲我的门就好 |
[14:26] | I saw the bodies today. | 我今天看到尸体了 |
[14:29] | – Which? – The Clutters. | -谁的? -克拉特家人的 |
[14:34] | I looked inside the coffins. | 我往棺材里看 |
[14:39] | That’s horrifying. | 太可怕了 |
[14:42] | It comforts me. | 那让我安心 |
[14:46] | Something so horrifying… | 那么可怕的事… |
[14:51] | It’s a relief. | 是个解脱 |
[14:54] | Normal life falls away. | 正常生活消逝了 |
[14:58] | But then, I was never much for normal life. | 但正常生活我也不是很有兴趣啦 |
[15:02] | No. | 嗯 |
[15:03] | Yeah, people here won’t talk to me. | 对 这边的人不肯跟我说话 |
[15:06] | They want someone like you, like Nelle. | 他们要像你或妮欧那样的人 |
[15:10] | Me, they hate. | 他们讨厌我 |
[15:12] | I can’t think of a single quality I share with Nelle. | 我想不出自己和妮欧有任何共同点 |
[15:15] | – Well… – Maybe manliness. | -噢… -或许是男子气概吧 |
[15:21] | – Good morning, Henry. – Good morning, sir. | -早安 亨利 -早安 先生 |
[15:26] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[15:28] | Bye. | 拜 |
[15:37] | Hi, Danny. I’m Harper Lee. | 嗨 丹尼 我是哈波李 |
[15:49] | Nancy was your best friend? | 南西是你最要好的朋友? |
[15:53] | Yeah, she was my best friend. | 对 她是我最要好的朋友 |
[15:56] | How has Danny been? | 丹尼最近如何? |
[15:59] | Pretty shattered. | 烦乱极了 |
[16:02] | Nothing terrible has ever happened to him before. | 过去他从未经历过这么可怕的事 |
[16:05] | Danny was the last one at the house that night. | 丹尼是当天晚上最晚离开的 |
[16:08] | That’s why Mr. Dewey keeps interviewing him. | 因此敦伊先生才一直来找他谈 |
[16:11] | They don’t think that he had anything to do with it. | 他们不认为他与此案有关 |
[16:14] | It’s just to see if he remembers anything unusual. | 只是想知道他是否记得任何不寻常的事 |
[16:17] | People in town do seem to wonder if he was involved. | 镇上的人似乎都觉得他有涉案 |
[16:23] | Yeah. That’s been really hard for Danny. | 对 丹尼真的很不好受 |
[16:25] | Oh, it’s the hardest when someone has a notion about you… | 最困难的是别人对你有成见… |
[16:29] | and it’s impossible to convince them otherwise. | 而完全不可能被说服改变 |
[16:33] | Ever since I was a child, folks have thought they had me pegged… | 我从小就被当成异类… |
[16:37] | because of the way I… | 只因为… |
[16:40] | The way I am. | 因为我不一样 |
[16:42] | You know, the way I talk. | 你知道 我的说话方式 |
[16:45] | And they’re always wrong. | 他们永远是错的 |
[16:49] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗? |
[16:53] | Yeah. | 懂 |
[16:58] | I wanna show you something. | 我想给你看样东西 |
[17:15] | Maybe this will give you a better picture of what happened. | 或许这有助于你们了解当晚发生的事 |
[17:19] | – What is this? – It’s your diary. | -这是什么? -是你的日记 |
[17:22] | “Danny here tonight and we watched TV.” | “丹尼今晚过来一起看电视” |
[17:25] | “So nice just having him sit with us.” | “有他跟我们在一起真好” |
[17:28] | “Left at 11:00.” | “11点时离开” |
[17:32] | “P.S. He’s the only one I really love.” | “附注: 他是我唯一爱的人” |
[17:37] | And that was that. | 就这样了 |
[17:48] | Did Laura say “shattered”? | 萝拉有说”烦乱”吗? |
[17:51] | “Pretty shattered. Nothing terrible has ever happened to him before.” | “烦乱极了” “过去他从未经历过这么可怕的事” |
[17:58] | You know I have 94% recall of all conversations? | 你知道我可以记下所有对话的94%? |
[18:02] | I’ve tested myself. | 我自我测验过的 |
[18:13] | Well… | 那… |
[18:16] | how did that happen? | 怎么做到的? |
[18:17] | Apparently Detective Foxy’s wife has read fiction. | 显然狡猾探长的太太看过小说 |
[18:23] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[18:24] | We’re in. | 有门路了 |
[18:26] | – We are in. – In. | -有门路 -路 |
[18:45] | – You came. – Hi. | -你来了 -嗨 |
[18:46] | – Thank you for having us. – Thank you. | -谢谢你接待我们 -谢谢 |
[18:50] | Get yourselves in here. | 快请进 |
[18:52] | Alvin, get your pants on. They’re here. | 艾尔文 快准备一下 他们来了 |
[18:56] | – Hey, little Deweys. – Hi. | -嗨 小敦伊 -嗨 |
[18:57] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:58] | Shake it with your wrist. | 用手腕摇 |
[19:03] | Use your whole arm. | 用整条手臂 |
[19:05] | More. | 用力一点 |
[19:07] | You think I’m kidding around, but I’m serious. | 你以为我在乱开玩笑 但我是认真的 |
[19:10] | Mama would’ve put in half the bottle. She had to buy it by the crate. | 我妈放了半瓶 她只得大箱大箱的买 |
[19:13] | Alvin’s gonna hate this. | 艾尔文不会喜欢的 |
[19:15] | I have to stop. | 我得停止了 |
[19:19] | Oh, I cannot believe you’re from New Orleans. | 真不敢相信你是从纽奥良来的 |
[19:21] | I miss it so much. | 我好想念那里 |
[19:22] | Well, I only lived there for a short while, but my mama was born and bred. | 我只在那里住过一阵子 但我妈是在那里长大的 |
[19:29] | You know something? | 你知道吗? |
[19:31] | Alvin pretends he doesn’t know who you are, but the minute you came to town… | 艾尔文假装不认识你 但你一来到镇上… |
[19:35] | – he read your books. – No! | -他就看了你的书 -不会吧? |
[19:36] | He had one of his men pick up Breakfast at Tiffany’s in Kansas City… | 他还请属下到堪萨斯市 去买《第凡内早餐》… |
[19:40] | ’cause it’s banned in the library here. | 因为那是这边图书馆的禁书 |
[19:43] | And he said, “I feel like you’re spiting me.” | 他说: “我觉得你在刁难我” |
[19:48] | I said, “Do you think I took this job to spite you?” | 我说: “你认为我做这个工作 就为了刁难你?” |
[19:55] | I was writing the script as they were filming, all that time in Italy… | 他们拍电影时 我还一直在意大利写剧本… |
[20:00] | and I’d work like mad all day long… | 我日夜不停地写作… |
[20:02] | and then dash down to the bar around midnight… | 然后在午夜冲进酒吧… |
[20:05] | to hand in the next day’s scenes. | 交出第二天的戏稿 |
[20:07] | And Humphrey had just about moved into the hotel bar… | 当时亨佛莱正要入住旅馆酒吧… |
[20:11] | Humphrey Bogart. | 亨佛莱鲍嘉 |
[20:12] | …where he and John… | 他和约翰就在那… |
[20:14] | John Huston. | 约翰休士顿 |
[20:15] | …had… | 有了… |
[20:16] | They drank every night. | 他们每晚喝酒 |
[20:18] | And I mean drank, you know, like famished water buffaloes. | 我是说真的豪饮 像饿坏了的水牛 |
[20:22] | Well… | 然后… |
[20:25] | I’d only just handed them the final scene when the bellhop told me I had a phone call. | 我才刚交出最后一幕戏稿 侍者就说有人打电话找我 |
[20:31] | And it was my stepfather, Joe Capote… | 是我继父乔卡波特打来的… |
[20:33] | calling to say that my mother had died. | 说我妈过世了 |
[20:38] | I flew home to New York, terribly distraught… | 我飞回纽约 心烦意乱得不得了… |
[20:43] | but when I got to the apartment… | 但我来到公寓时… |
[20:45] | I could see that Joe was in even worse shape than I was. | 发现乔比我还要沮丧 |
[20:50] | He grabbed my hand and he said to me… | 他抓住了我的手说… |
[20:54] | “Talk.” | “说话” |
[21:00] | “Talk about anything.” You know? | “随便说什么都好” 你们知道吗? |
[21:05] | “I mean, any subject in the world.” | “任何话题都行” |
[21:08] | “Don’t worry whether it’ll interest me or not.” | “别管我会不会有兴趣” |
[21:11] | “Just talk… | “只要说话… |
[21:14] | “so I won’t break down.” | “我才不会崩溃” |
[21:18] | He couldn’t bear to be alone with his thoughts. | 他无法独处 |
[21:22] | It was too painful. | 太痛苦了 |
[21:34] | It’s been a hard couple of weeks for Alvin. | 这几周来艾尔文也很不好受 |
[21:37] | He and Herb Clutter were good friends from church. | 他和赫伯克拉特是教堂老友了 |
[21:40] | Oh, Marie. | 噢 玛莉 |
[21:41] | Oh, come on, Alvin. These are good people. | 别这样 艾尔文 他们都是好人 |
[22:13] | Why would they put a pillow under the boy’s head | 他们既然要射杀那男孩 |
[22:15] | just to shoot him? | 为什么还先在他头下面放个枕头? |
[22:28] | Why would they tuck Nancy in? | 为什么要把南西放到床上去? |
[22:34] | So many of my friends would love to meet you. | 我还有很多朋友都很想见你 |
[22:37] | – Oh, that’d be fine. – You don’t have to worry… | -噢 没问题的 -你不必担心… |
[22:40] | ’cause I’m not going to write about this till everything’s over. | 因为在事情尚未解决前 我不会写出来的 |
[22:43] | Well, I’m not worried. | 我并不担心 |
[22:44] | I know what room you’re in at the hotel, | 我知道你在旅馆住哪间房 |
[22:46] | and I know where you live in Brooklyn. | 也知道你在布鲁克林区住在哪里 |
[22:56] | You’re celebrating. | 你们在庆祝 |
[22:58] | Well, remember Nelle’s manuscript she sent me in New York? | 记得妮欧寄到纽约给我的原稿吗? |
[23:01] | Yeah. Mockingbird. Killing a Mockingbird. | 记得 《梅岗城故事》 |
[23:05] | – You said it was good. – And I was right. | -你说那很棒 -我没说错 |
[23:07] | She just heard Lippincott wants to publish it. | 她刚听说立滨卡特出版社想要出版 |
[23:15] | Well, Jesus. | 哇 天哪 |
[23:18] | Jesus, well, that’s terrific. Tell her congratulations from me. | 天哪 那实在太棒了 请代我说声恭喜 |
[23:22] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[23:23] | – Thank you. – Jealous. | -谢谢 -忌妒 |
[23:26] | – Will you be home by Christmas? – I wanna come home. | -你圣诞节会回家吗? -我想要回家 |
[23:29] | I wanna come home. I do. I just… | 我真的想要回家 只是… |
[23:32] | thought if they catch whoever did this, who knows what? | 如果他们抓到凶手 谁知道会怎样呢? |
[23:34] | – I’ll probably be here till next Christmas. – I’m gonna let you go. | -我大概会在这待到下个圣诞节 -我要挂断了 |
[23:38] | I… | 我… |
[23:39] | No, don’t go. | 不 别挂断 |
[23:42] | We’ll go away next spring to write. | 我们明年春天出发去写作 |
[23:44] | – Maybe Spain. – Yeah. | -或许去西班牙 -好 |
[23:46] | – Okay, I’m gonna let you go. – Jack… | -我要挂断了 -杰克… |
[23:49] | Jack, I promise. We’ll go away this spring to write. | 杰克 我保证 我们明年春天就出发去写作 |
[23:53] | – Maybe Spain. – Okay. | -或许去西班牙 -好 |
[23:56] | All right. | 好了 |
[24:05] | My wife worked there, too. | 我太太也在那工作过 |
[24:07] | What did she do in the house? | 她做些什么呢? |
[24:11] | Cleaning. Cooking a little bit. | 打扫 偶尔也煮饭 |
[24:41] | Quiet, quiet. Quiet, quiet. | 安静 安静 安静 |
[24:47] | “Girdle up. No extra bulges.” | “扎好 没有多余突起” |
[24:48] | “If you’re dressed right, when he gets home… | “如果他回家时 你的打扮对了… |
[24:51] | “the rest of the evening should be smooth sailing.” | “接下来的夜晚就一切顺利啦” |
[24:54] | “Bon voyage, gals.” | “祝好运 女孩们” |
[24:57] | I can’t believe you got that whole page. I only read it once. | 真不敢相信你把整页都背诵出来了 我只念了一次 |
[25:00] | – I’ve tested my… – Tested myself. | -我自我… -测验过的 |
[25:02] | – I have 94%… – Percent recall. | -我可以记下… -所有对话的94% |
[25:06] | – Cut that out. – Cut that out. | -别这样 -别这样 |
[25:07] | Cut that… | 别这… |
[25:13] | Cut that out. | 别这样 |
[25:15] | Isn’t that something, Alvin? | 艾尔文 他很厉害吧? |
[25:17] | Oh, it’s impressive. | 真的很厉害 |
[25:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:36] | – I’m sorry. He’s upset. – What’s he upset about? | -对不起 他很沮丧 -沮丧什么呢? |
[25:39] | They know who did it. | 他们知道是谁干的 |
[25:41] | Two men. | 两个人 |
[25:42] | You know, they passed through Kansas City last week writing bad checks. | 他们上周在堪萨斯市用空头支票 |
[25:46] | By the time Alvin’s boys got up there, they were gone. | 等艾尔文的下属赶过去时 他们已经走了 |
[25:49] | Skipped out. | 溜掉了 |
[25:50] | Yeah. They don’t know where. | 对 他们不知道去了哪里 |
[25:53] | No idea. | 毫无头绪 |
[25:55] | One of them had a cellmate who gave him up for the $1,000 reward. | 其中一个有个牢友 为了1千美金的赏金出卖了他 |
[26:00] | Do they know the name of the cellmate? | 他们知道牢友的名字吗? |
[26:03] | No. No, I don’t know. Alvin knows. | 不 我不知道 艾尔文才知道 |
[26:05] | I guess this isn’t the appropriate time to go ask him. | 我猜现在并非问他的好时机 |
[26:10] | He’s beside himself. | 他心情很不好 |
[26:19] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[26:21] | Alvin, get in here. | 小艾 快进来 |
[26:26] | – Dad, it’s the telephone. – Not now, Alvin. | -爸 是电话 -现在不接 小艾 |
[26:30] | God damn it. | 可恶 |
[26:33] | Get over here. | 快过来 |
[26:36] | – Dad! – Alvin, not now. | -爸! -小艾 现在不接 |
[26:42] | Sit. | 坐 |
[26:53] | Dad? Dad? | 爸?爸? |
[26:56] | You need to call the Chief of Police in Las Vegas. | 你要打电话给拉斯维加斯的警长 |
[27:03] | – Alvin, what’d you say? – He said you need to call them immediately. | -小艾 你说什么? -他说要你立刻打电话过去 |
[29:17] | – Truman Capote. – Dorothy Sanderson. | -楚门卡波特 -桃乐西山德森 |
[29:20] | I figured you’d be left alone this morning | 我猜今早你那勤奋工作的老公 |
[29:22] | by that hardworking husband of yours… | 一定把你一个人留在家里… |
[29:24] | so I have breakfast, and I have news, and I have literature. | 所以我带来了早餐 新闻还有书籍 |
[29:28] | My friend, Jack, mailed me that book you wanted… | 我朋友杰克把你想要的书寄来… |
[29:31] | and I inscribed it myself. | 我亲自在上面题了词 |
[29:35] | “To the maiden of the Midwest, the priestess of the plains… | “仅将我的第一本小说 献给中西部之女… |
[29:38] | “the queen of the kitchen, my first novel. Truman.” | “旷野之祭司 厨房之皇后 楚门敬上” |
[29:44] | – You’re too much. Come on in. – Oh, thank you. | -你真好 请进 -噢 谢谢 |
[29:48] | Go into the living room. Have a seat. | 去客厅吧 请坐 |
[29:53] | Let me get that. It’s been ringing all morning. | 我去接电话 已经响了一早上了 |
[29:58] | Hello? | 喂? |
[30:42] | Truman, I meant in here. | 楚门 我是指这里 |
[30:45] | That’s the women’s cell. | 那是女牢房 |
[30:47] | It’s hardly ever used, but they wanted them separate. | 很少用到 但他们想把他们分开关 |
[30:51] | Let’s sit in the living room. | 我们去客厅坐吧 |
[31:04] | They put you in the women’s cell. | 他们把你放进女牢房 |
[31:17] | Do you have any aspirin? | 你有阿斯匹灵吗? |
[31:19] | My legs. | 我腿痛 |
[31:22] | Truman? | 楚门? |
[31:25] | Please. | 拜托 |
[31:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:42] | In the matter of the State of Kansas v. Richard Eugene Hickock… | 关于堪萨斯州对 李察尤金希卡克… |
[31:45] | and Perry Edward Smith… | 以及派瑞艾德华史密斯的诉讼… |
[31:48] | this court has been informed by counsel, Mr. Weeks… | 辩护律师魏克先生已告知本庭… |
[31:51] | that the defendants wish to waive their right to a preliminary hearing. | 被告希望放弃初次审讯之权 |
[31:57] | His mind is somewhere else. | 他并不专心 |
[32:00] | Mr. Hickock, is that your wish? | 希卡克先生 这是你的希望吗? |
[32:06] | Yes, sir. | 是的 庭上 |
[32:08] | Why are they doing that? | 他们为何要这么做? |
[32:12] | Mr. Smith. | 史密斯先生 |
[32:20] | I ask that the waiver be effectuated. | 我要求实行弃权 |
[32:24] | “Effectuated”? | 实行? |
[32:25] | So noted. | 记下了 |
[32:38] | Remove the prisoners. | 把犯人带走 |
[32:53] | Was it your choice to waive the hearing? | 是你选择要放弃审讯的吗? |
[33:02] | Do you still need some? | 你还要药吗? |
[33:08] | Give me your hand. | 把手给我 |
[33:25] | I could kill you if you got too close. | 如果你距离太近我可以杀掉你 |
[33:41] | Now, would you like some water, or… | 你要不要喝点水 还是… |
[33:53] | Mrs. Sanderson lent you my book. | 山德森先生把我的书借给你了 |
[34:06] | He said we’d curry favor with the judge… | 他说如果我们放弃权利… |
[34:10] | if we waived our rights. | 就会让法官有好感 |
[34:12] | Who did? | 谁说的? |
[34:14] | The lawyer. | 律师 |
[34:29] | Your picture’s undignified. | 你的照片不够庄重 |
[34:33] | People recall first impressions. | 第一印象是很深刻的 |
[34:37] | What’s been your first impression? | 你的第一印象是什么? |
[34:48] | Hello. | 喂 |
[34:50] | – Mr. Shawn. – Truman. | -尚恩先生 -楚门 |
[34:51] | I’m writing a book. | 我要写书 |
[34:53] | It’s too much for a single article. | 单篇报道写不了这么多内容 |
[34:55] | This town, the killers most of all. | 这个镇 最重要的还有凶手 |
[34:58] | You will be stunned by Perry Smith. | 派瑞史密斯会让你震惊 |
[35:01] | Why, what’s happening? | 哦 怎么了? |
[35:02] | Well, not much yet, but I know. I can sense him. | 没怎样 但我知道 我感觉得出来 |
[35:06] | He’s desperately Ionely, frightened. | 他非常孤独恐惧 |
[35:09] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[35:11] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[35:12] | – Would it matter? – No. | -有差吗? -没有 |
[35:17] | How much more money can you send me? | 你还能给我多少钱? |
[35:19] | And how quickly could you get Dick Avedon out here to take some pictures? | 还有你多快能请狄克艾佛顿 过来这里拍些照片? |
[35:28] | Who are you smiling at right now? | 你在对谁笑? |
[35:31] | I’m smiling at you. | 我在对你微笑 |
[35:33] | You know, Dick’s a very famous fashion photographer. | 狄克是很有名的流行摄影师 |
[35:37] | World-famous. | 世界知名 |
[35:40] | Am I gonna be in a fashion magazine? | 我要登上流行杂志吗? |
[35:44] | So there’s no worry of having a bad picture. | 这样你才不用担心照出来不好看 |
[35:51] | Who were you closer to, your mom or your dad? | 父母亲里你跟谁比较亲近? |
[35:54] | – What’s that? – Who were you closer to… | -什么? -父母亲里… |
[35:56] | – your mom or your dad? – Well, both. | -你跟谁比较亲近? -都很亲 |
[35:58] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗? -对 |
[36:00] | – Have you talked to them? – Yeah. | -你跟他们谈过吗? -有 |
[36:03] | Who’d you talk to first? | 你会跟谁先谈? |
[36:10] | Perry, honey, you look terrific, baby. | 派瑞甜心 你看来棒极了 |
[36:16] | That was good. | 那很好 |
[36:19] | Can you show us the tattoo on your chest then? | 你能否把胸膛上的刺青 露出来给我们看? |
[36:21] | Yeah. | 好 |
[37:10] | Where did Perry get the art set? | 派瑞怎么拿到艺术册的? |
[37:15] | Members of the jury, have you reached a verdict? | 陪审团做出判决了吗? |
[37:21] | Yes, sir. | 是的 庭上 |
[37:23] | Defendants, rise. | 被告请起立 |
[37:29] | Perry Edward Smith and Richard Eugene Hickock… | 派瑞艾德华史密斯 李察尤金希卡克… |
[37:33] | you stand accused of four counts of the crime of murder in the first degree. | 两位被控杀害四人的一级谋杀罪 |
[37:38] | Have you reached a unanimous verdict? | 你们是否做出一致的判决? |
[37:41] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 庭上 |
[37:42] | What is your verdict? | 判决是什么? |
[37:44] | Guilty on all four counts. | 杀害四人均有罪 |
[37:52] | Have you unanimously reached a sentence? | 你们是否达成一致的判刑结果? |
[37:57] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 庭上 |
[37:59] | What is the sentence? | 判刑结果是什么? |
[38:01] | Death. | 死刑 |
[38:20] | I need to see him before we go. | 在走之前我要去看他 |
[38:27] | Perry. | 派瑞 |
[38:30] | They’re going to transfer you up to Lansing today. | 他们要把你转到兰辛监狱 |
[38:34] | You’ll have to make sure to put me on the visitors list. | 你必须记得把我列入访客名单 |
[38:39] | Otherwise I can’t see you. | 否则我就见不到你了 |
[38:42] | I’m going to help find you a proper lawyer. | 我要替你找适合的律师 |
[38:50] | You need a serious lawyer for an appeal. | 你需要好律师帮你上诉 |
[38:57] | Now they took Dick last night. | 他们昨晚把狄克带走了 |
[39:01] | And I need you to get him to do the same thing… | 我要你叫他也这么做… |
[39:04] | and just put me on the visitors list. | 把我列入访客名单 |
[39:35] | And I thought, “Where does the family eat?” You know? | 我心想: “这家人在哪吃饭?” 你知道吗? |
[39:38] | I mean, does he, like, reach his hand through the bars… | 是他把手伸出铁栅… |
[39:41] | and have dinner with everyone around the table? | 然后跟餐桌上的大家一起吃吗? |
[39:44] | Nelle, kudos on… Kill the Bird, is it? | 妮欧 恭喜你啦! 那本书叫《梅港》是吧? |
[39:49] | – That’s close. Thank you. – That’s marvelous. Who’s your publisher? | -很接近了 谢谢 -太好了 是哪家出版社? |
[39:52] | – Lippincott. – Yes. It’s a children’s book, right? | -立滨卡特出版社 -对 那是本童书吧? |
[39:54] | – Yes. – No, no. It’s about children. | -是的 -不 不 是关于孩子的书 |
[39:57] | – Yes. – Yes, I’ve heard a lot about it. | -是的 -我常常听说呢 |
[39:58] | – Good. – Congratulations. | -很好 -恭喜 |
[39:59] | – Thank you. – I didn’t even know she wrote. | -谢谢 -我根本不知道她有写作 |
[40:01] | He’s sad and he’s shy. | 他很难过且害羞 |
[40:04] | And he’s terrified. | 而且吓坏了 |
[40:06] | They shotgunned the entire family in the face. | 他们拿步枪往全家人的头部开枪 |
[40:10] | And I thought, at first, “I’m gonna be scared of these men.” | 我本来以为: “这两人会让我害怕” |
[40:14] | “I’m gonna run, run right home.” | “我要马上逃回家” |
[40:16] | Actually, the brother in the family… | 但实际上 那家中的小弟… |
[40:20] | Kenyon is his name… | 名叫肯安的… |
[40:23] | they had placed a pillow under his head… | 他们还把枕头放在他头部下方… |
[40:26] | and then shot him point-blank in the face. | 然后直接往他脸上开枪 |
[40:30] | Almost as if they were putting him to sleep… | 简直就像他们要先让他睡着… |
[40:33] | and then shot him. | 然后才射杀他 |
[40:37] | This is the start of a great love affair. | 这是伟大恋情的开始 |
[40:40] | Yeah. Truman in love with Truman. | 对 楚门爱上了楚门 |
[40:43] | The book I’m writing will return him to the realm of humanity. | 我要写的这本书 会让他重拾有人性的一面 |
[40:48] | It’s the book I was always meant to write. | 这是我一直以来就想写的书 |
[40:53] | Well, he hasn’t actually written a word of it yet… | 他还没写下一个字… |
[40:57] | but he says it’s the nonfiction book of the decade… | 但他说那会是一部 重要的非虚构小说… |
[41:01] | so… | 所以… |
[41:04] | So… | 所以… |
[41:06] | what have you been doing? | 你最近做了些什么事? |
[41:12] | And I’ll tell you… | 告诉你哦… |
[41:14] | I was in Marilyn’s apartment just last week, talking about movies, art. | 上礼拜我在玛莉莲的住处 谈论电影和艺术 |
[41:18] | Finally I had to break it to her | 最后我实在不得不告诉她 |
[41:20] | that of the four Matisses hanging on her wall… | 她墙上那四幅马蒂斯画作… |
[41:23] | two were upside down. | 有两幅挂颠倒了 |
[41:27] | Can I have another, please? | 再来一杯好吗? |
[41:30] | To answer your question, I’m following Breakfast at Tiffany’s… | 来回答你的问题吧 相较于《第凡内早餐》… |
[41:33] | by blazing a different path. | 我以截然不同的方式写这本书 |
[41:35] | By inventing an entirely new kind of writing. | 我发明了全新的写作方式 |
[41:39] | The nonfiction novel. | 非虚构小说 |
[41:41] | – You have a subject? – Yes. | -你有题材了吗? -有 |
[41:43] | On the night of November 14… | 11月14日的晚上… |
[41:45] | two men broke into a quiet farmhouse in Kansas | 两个男人闯入堪萨斯州的一栋宁静农庄 |
[41:48] | and murdered an entire family. | 谋杀了农庄全家 |
[41:50] | Now, why did they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做? |
[41:52] | Two worlds exist in this country. | 这国家中有两个世界 |
[41:55] | The quiet, conservative life, and the life of those two men. | 一个是宁静保守的生活 另一个是这两人的生活 |
[41:59] | The underbelly. The criminally violent. | 边缘人 犯罪暴力 |
[42:02] | And those worlds converged that bloody night. | 这两个世界在那血腥的夜晚会集 |
[42:06] | Now, I spent the past three months… | 过去三个月来… |
[42:08] | interviewing everyone in Kansas touched by that violence. | 我访谈了堪萨斯市里 每个跟那件暴力案子有关的人士 |
[42:11] | Now I spent hours talking to the killers… | 花了数小时跟凶手交谈… |
[42:13] | and I’ll spend more. | 我还会继续下去 |
[42:15] | ‘Cause researching this work has changed my life. | 因为研究这件事已经改变了我的人生 |
[42:19] | You know, it’s altered my point of view about almost everything. | 几乎改变了我对一切事情的观点 |
[42:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:24] | And I think those who read it will be similarly affected. | 我认为只要看过这件案子的人 都会受到类似的影响 |
[42:48] | So you find them a new lawyer. | 所以你替他们找了新律师 |
[42:50] | Well, they’re facing execution in six weeks. | 他们六周后就要被处决了 |
[42:55] | You know, they need someone to argue whether or not that’s right. | 他们需要有人来争辩 这样是否正确 |
[43:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[43:05] | And I’d also like to see them alive. | 我也希望看到他们活着 |
[43:08] | – Well… – Yeah. | -哦… -对 |
[43:10] | Yeah, I need to hear their stories. | 对 我要听他们的故事 |
[43:14] | Well, just be careful what you do to get what you want. | 嗯 要小心进行 取得你想要的东西 |
[43:19] | I’m finding them a lawyer. | 我要替他们找律师 |
[43:22] | Truman, you’re finding yourself a lawyer. | 楚门 你是在替自己找律师 |
[43:24] | No, I’m finding them a lawyer. | 不 我要替他们找律师 |
[43:28] | There’s a difference. | 这是不同的 |
[43:55] | The Warden will see you now. | 典狱长可以见你了 |
[44:01] | Well, we do all right by our boys. | 我们对待犯人很好 |
[44:03] | Showers once a week. Feed them good. | 每周一次淋浴 供食充足 |
[44:06] | We’ll be feeding Perry Smith in the infirmary soon | 如果派瑞史密斯再不吃东西 |
[44:07] | if he don’t eat. | 我们很快就得送他进医务室了 |
[44:10] | Try and get the food in through his arm. | 试着从手臂静脉注射食物 |
[44:11] | I’m sorry, what are you talking about? | 对不起 你在说什么? |
[44:14] | Well, he hasn’t eaten in a month. | 他已经一个月没吃东西了 |
[44:16] | It ain’t his right to kill himself. | 他没有自杀的权利 |
[44:18] | It’s the right of the people. | 那是人民的权利 |
[44:20] | The people of this state. | 本州的人民 |
[44:22] | And that’s who I work for, the people. | 而我为人民工作 |
[44:25] | – No one told me. – Yeah, he won’t eat. | -没人告诉我 -对 他不肯吃 |
[44:32] | – When can I see him? – Well, let me see. | -我何时能见他? -我来看看 |
[44:38] | How about you coming 3:00, Thursday afternoon? | 星期四下午3点来怎么样? |
[44:41] | No. | 不 |
[44:44] | That’s no good. | 这样不好 |
[44:47] | I need to see them now. | 我现在就得见他们 |
[44:49] | Then whenever I want, for as long as I want. | 而且时间随我定 想见多久就见多久 |
[44:53] | Well, that’s just not how we do things around here, Mr. Capote. | 卡波特先生 我们这里做事情自有规矩 |
[44:59] | Yeah, I understand what a burden… | 对 我能了解无限探访… |
[45:02] | unlimited visitation might be on this institution… | 对这座监狱以及… |
[45:06] | and on the people who pay for it. | 对纳税人民造成的重担 |
[45:09] | And I want to be clear… | 我想说清楚的是… |
[45:11] | that I don’t expect the citizens of Leavenworth County… | 我认为莱芬沃斯郡的公民… |
[45:14] | to have to shoulder that burden. | 不该共同承受那个重担 |
[45:23] | This is to be dispensed as you see fit. | 这些就让你自由支用 |
[45:39] | You know, I didn’t know where to count your boy at first… | 刚开始我并不知道 如何将你朋友归类… |
[45:42] | him being half-lndian. | 因为他有一半印地安人血统 |
[45:44] | But I did him a favor. I counted him as a white man. | 但我帮了个忙 把他当成白人 |
[45:50] | You’re a kind and generous man. | 你真是仁慈又大方 |
[45:52] | Spread your feet. | 双腿张开 |
[46:02] | This way. | 这边走 |
[46:16] | – Hey, hey. – Yeah, hello. | -嘿 -哈罗 |
[46:20] | Hey, thanks a lot for your help with the lawyer. | 嘿 非常谢谢你帮忙找律师 |
[46:22] | Oh, that’s fine. | 噢 那没什么 |
[46:26] | Wow. You must be really desperate for a story to come all the way out here. | 哇 你一定超想写报道 才会大老远跑来这里 |
[46:34] | You want to go see Perry, go ahead. | 你想看派瑞 去吧 |
[46:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:39] | You want my advice, though, Mr. Capote… | 给你个建议 卡波特先生… |
[46:40] | he’s just trying to prove the insanity defense. | 他只是在装疯卖傻来逃避刑责 |
[47:27] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[47:44] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[47:46] | It’s Truman. It’s your friend. | 我是楚门 你的朋友 |
[47:54] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[49:39] | This is before she had us. | 这是她生我们之前的 |
[49:41] | Before she started drinking. | 在她开始酗酒之前 |
[49:45] | Who took care of you as a child? | 你还小的时候由谁照顾? |
[49:49] | Orphanage. | 孤儿院 |
[49:52] | Me and Linda. | 我和琳达 |
[49:54] | And that’s your sister? | 那是你姐姐? |
[50:06] | You know, we’re not so different as you might think. | 你我之间并没有你想像中那么不同 |
[50:10] | Yeah, I was abandoned repeatedly as a child. | 对 我小时候不断被人遗弃 |
[50:20] | My mama would drag me along to some new town… | 我妈会带着我到新城镇… |
[50:23] | so she could take up with another man she’d met. | 好跟另一个男人交往 |
[50:29] | Night after night, she’d lock me in the hotel room alone. | 每晚她都把我独自一人 锁在旅馆房间 |
[50:34] | Mama would turn the latch and tell the staff not to let me out no matter what. | 我妈会拉上门栓 并告诉管理员无论如何不能让我出去 |
[50:42] | And I was terrified. | 我吓坏了 |
[50:47] | And I’d scream my head off… | 我大声叫喊… |
[50:53] | until finally I’d collapse… | 最后崩溃在… |
[50:56] | on the carpet next to the door and I’d fall asleep. | 门边的地毯上 然后睡着 |
[51:04] | Then after years of this… | 这样过了几年之后… |
[51:07] | she just left me… | 她把我丢给… |
[51:08] | with relatives in Alabama. | 阿拉巴马州的亲戚 |
[51:15] | Who raised you up? | 谁扶养你长大? |
[51:18] | My aunts. | 我阿姨 |
[51:23] | And that’s where I met Nelle. | 因此我认识了妮欧 |
[51:25] | And she lived next door. | 她就住在隔壁 |
[51:35] | Your mother was Indian? | 你妈是印地安人? |
[51:37] | Cherokee. | 柴罗基族 |
[51:40] | So drinking was not a good thing for her. | 那喝酒对她可不是好事了 |
[51:44] | No tolerance for it. | 完全没酒量 |
[51:57] | We’re on suicide watch. | 我们受到自杀监控 |
[52:02] | That’s why they leave the lights on at night. | 所以他们才整夜不关灯 |
[52:04] | I hope we’re past that now. | 希望那念头已经过去了 |
[52:07] | I do. | 真的 |
[52:20] | Be careful of Ricardo. | 小心李察 |
[52:23] | I think he wants you all to himself. | 我想他要独占你的注意 |
[52:26] | All right. | 好的 |
[52:28] | But he’s naturally mendacious. | 但他天性虚伪 |
[52:31] | Not to be trusted. | 不要信任他 |
[52:33] | If he had $100, he’d steal a stick of chewing gum. | 如果他有100元美金 就会去偷一条泡泡糖 |
[52:47] | Perry, I want to take your notebooks with me. | 派瑞 我要带走你的日记本 |
[52:52] | I want to read them. | 我想好好看看 |
[52:55] | If I leave here without understanding you… | 如果我在不了解你的情况下离去… |
[53:00] | the world will see you as a monster… | 全世界都会把你当成怪物… |
[53:03] | always. | 直到永远 |
[53:07] | I don’t want that. | 我不想那样 |
[53:34] | ‘Cause he trusts me. I mean, that’s why he gave it to me. | 因为他信任我 所以才会把日记给我 |
[53:38] | And he’s given me absolutely everything. | 他把一切都给我了 |
[53:41] | And he wants so badly to be taken seriously… | 他极度想要被重视… |
[53:46] | to be held in some esteem. | 被人尊重 |
[53:48] | Do you? | 你呢? |
[53:50] | Do I what? | 我什么? |
[53:51] | Do you hold him in esteem, Truman? | 楚门 你尊重他吗? |
[53:56] | Well… | 这… |
[54:00] | he’s a gold mine. | 他是个金矿 |
[54:03] | And he’s told me his entire life. | 他告诉了我他的一生 |
[54:07] | His dead mother. | 他死去的母亲 |
[54:10] | He had a brother and a sister kill themselves. | 他还有一个哥哥和一个姐姐 都自杀了 |
[54:12] | Awful. | 好惨 |
[54:15] | Did you tell him your mama did the same thing? | 你有没有说 你妈也有那么做? |
[54:17] | See, I can’t tell him everything. | 我不能什么都讲 |
[54:19] | We’ve been talking our heads off for the past month. | 过去这个月来我们谈了一大堆 |
[54:22] | And sometimes… | 有时候… |
[54:26] | when I think how good my book can be, I can hardly breathe. | 当我想到这本书会有多精采时 简直无法呼吸 |
[54:35] | Anyway, this is what I wanted to read to you. | 我想念这一段给你听 |
[54:40] | “If called upon to make a speech”… | “若有人要我演说”… |
[54:42] | “If called upon to make a speech”? | “若有人要我演说”? |
[54:44] | I mean, this is exactly what I’m talking about. | 你看 这正是我的意思 |
[54:47] | A speech, just in case he’s ever recognized for an achievement. | 好像他哪天真会有什么成就 |
[54:52] | “I can’t remember what I was going to say for the life of me.” | “我怎样也想不出来该说什么” |
[54:56] | “I don’t think ever before have so many people been so directly responsible… | “从未有那么多人 直接带给我极度的高兴… |
[55:00] | “for my being so very, very glad.” | “这是从未有过的事” |
[55:03] | “It’s a wonderful moment and a rare one.” | “真是美好而稀有的时刻” |
[55:06] | “Thank you!” | “谢谢!” |
[55:08] | There’s an exclamation point at the end of that “thank you”… | 在”谢谢”之后有个惊叹号… |
[55:11] | in case you didn’t catch it. | 你可能没听出来 |
[55:16] | Where’d you go? | 你怎么啦? |
[55:20] | I guess it stopped being funny. | 我想这已经不好笑了 |
[55:23] | I never said it was. | 我从没说过这好笑啊 |
[55:27] | Wait, listen to this. | 等等 听听这段 |
[55:30] | I was 14. | 我14岁 |
[55:31] | One day I said to her, “Mom’s dead.” I could see it. | 有天我对她说: “妈妈已经死了” 我看得出来 |
[55:35] | A week later we got the news. She finally drunk herself… | 一星期后我们接到通知 她大概是酒喝多了之类的 |
[55:38] | Found her shivering… | 发现她在打颤… |
[55:39] | She hit me so many times with that flashlight… | 她用那支手电筒打了我好几次… |
[55:42] | she broke it. | 打到坏掉 |
[55:43] | That night, I dreamed about that big yellow bird. | 当晚我梦到了那只大黄鸟 |
[55:45] | Clawed that nun’s eyes, bright like the sun. | 抓扯那尼姑的双眼 耀眼得像太阳 |
[55:47] | Lifted me to the sky. | 把我升上了天空 |
[55:48] | Sometimes you see a thing how it really is. | 有时候你看到事情的真面目 |
[55:58] | Well, you’re nothing if not hardworking. | 如果你不努力就一文不值 |
[56:01] | Hey, you look good. Healthy again. | 嘿 你看来很不错 气色很好 |
[56:07] | You know, I’ve decided on a title for my book. | 我决定要取什么书名了 |
[56:11] | I think you’ll like it. | 我想你会喜欢的 |
[56:14] | It’s very masculine. | 非常有男人味 |
[56:16] | In Cold Blood. | 《冷血》 |
[56:19] | Isn’t that good? | 很不错吧? |
[56:22] | And that refers to the crime | 那标题指的是这个案子 |
[56:23] | or the fact that you’re still talking to the criminals? | 还是指你还在跟凶手交谈的这个事实? |
[56:30] | The former, among other things. | 大部分是前者 |
[56:34] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[56:41] | I wanted to ask… | 我想问… |
[56:43] | if you’d let me look at your investigation notes. | 你是否能让我看你的检调纪录 |
[56:46] | That lawyer you helped find for your friends… | 你替你朋友所找的律师… |
[56:50] | got them a hearing at the Kansas Supreme Court… | 替他们争取到 堪萨斯最高法院的审讯… |
[56:53] | I heard this morning. | 我今早听说了 |
[56:54] | …on the issue of inadequate counsel. | 专审辩护人不合适之事 |
[57:03] | Alvin… | 艾尔文… |
[57:05] | I mean, do you not want me to look at your notes? | 你是否不想让我看记录? |
[57:09] | You are permitted to say no. | 你有权利说不 |
[57:19] | I’ll tell you what. | 告诉你吧 |
[57:22] | If those boys get off… | 如果那两人免于被判刑… |
[57:25] | I’m coming to Brooklyn to hunt you down. | 我会亲自到布鲁克林区追捕你 |
[57:29] | I have to be in court at 9:00… | 我9点得上法庭… |
[57:32] | but you call Roy Church and he’ll show you what you want to see. | 但你可打电话给罗伊邱尔屈 他会给你想看的东西 |
[57:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:42] | It’s as much for me as for anyone. | 我只是尽一己之力 |
[57:45] | I couldn’t bear the thought of losing you so soon. | 我无法承受这么快就失去你 |
[57:49] | We’re gonna be able to use your book for our case. | 你的书会对这个案子有帮助 |
[57:53] | You’ll write we never got to raise an insanity plea. | 你会写出我们根本没机会 提出心神丧失的抗辩 |
[57:57] | You wrote how terrible the lawyers was. | 你写出了律师有多么可恶 |
[58:03] | I haven’t written a word yet. | 我一个字都还没写呢 |
[58:15] | What have you been doing? | 那你都在做什么? |
[58:18] | Research. Talking to you. | 研究啊 还有跟你说话 |
[58:25] | All right. | 好 |
[58:27] | – I had hoped… – What are you calling it? | -我一直希望… -你要取什么名称? |
[58:32] | The book? | 书名吗? |
[58:36] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[58:41] | Perry… | 派瑞… |
[58:44] | if I’m going to write about you… | 如果我要描写你… |
[58:46] | if I’m going to determine how to write about you… | 如果我要决定该如何描写你… |
[58:52] | we need to talk about… | 我们就必须谈谈… |
[58:55] | you know, why you’re here. | 你在这里的原因 |
[59:02] | You know, the murders… | 也就是谋杀… |
[59:03] | and that night… | 以及那晚… |
[59:05] | at the Clutter house. | 在克拉特家的一切 |
[59:16] | Do you worry what I’ll think? | 你担心我会怎么想吗? |
[59:19] | Is that it? | 是因为这个吗? |
[59:23] | Dick says you know Elizabeth Taylor. | 狄克说你认识伊丽莎白泰勒 |
[59:28] | I know a lot of people. | 我认识很多人 |
[59:38] | Perry, I have invitations to be in Morocco, Greece… | 派瑞 有人邀请我去摩洛哥 希腊… |
[59:44] | and I prefer to be here… | 我却宁愿来此… |
[59:46] | with you. | 跟你一起 |
[59:55] | Jack, be patient with me. | 杰克 有耐性点 |
[59:58] | I’m just missing this one piece. | 我只缺这一点资讯了 |
[1:00:01] | Well, how long is that gonna take? | 还要多久? |
[1:00:04] | Why don’t you just try leaving him alone for a while? | 你何不让他独处一阵子? |
[1:00:06] | Come to Spain. | 到西班牙来吧 |
[1:00:08] | You can always visit him later. | 你以后有得是机会去看他 |
[1:00:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:00:12] | Well, I’m off. I’m just… I’ve got my own writing to do. | 我要挂了 我只是… 我也有东西要写 |
[1:00:15] | Well, do it in Brooklyn. Wait for me. | 到布鲁克林再写 等我 |
[1:00:18] | There’s too many people around. I’ve… | 这里有太多人… |
[1:00:21] | I’ll leave the address on the kitchen table. | 我会把地址留在厨房桌上 |
[1:00:26] | Well, think about what I said, and join me when you can. | 想想我说的话 有空的话就来找我 |
[1:00:30] | I will. | 会的 |
[1:00:32] | – I will. – Okay? | -会的 -好吗? |
[1:00:33] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:00:59] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:01:22] | Truman. | 楚门 |
[1:01:24] | We never intended on killing that family. | 我们从没企图杀害那家人 |
[1:01:28] | Capote, will you get that straight in your book, please? | 卡波特 把这点清楚地写进书里 好吗?拜托啦! |
[1:01:31] | No premeditation. | 没有预谋 |
[1:01:33] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[1:01:35] | I have to fly back East. | 我得飞回东部了 |
[1:01:38] | When? | 什么时候? |
[1:01:41] | An hour. I miss you already. | 再过1小时 我已经开始想你了 |
[1:01:43] | Write me every five minutes. | 每5分钟就写封信给我 |
[1:01:46] | Hey, you know, we never did intend on killing that family. | 嘿 我们从没企图杀掉那一家人 |
[1:01:49] | Capote? | 卡波特? |
[1:01:51] | Capote? | 卡波特? |
[1:02:38] | What? | 什么事? |
[1:02:39] | Truman… | 楚门… |
[1:02:41] | I’ve not been able to tear myself away from your book. | 你的书让我爱不释卷 |
[1:02:45] | It’s that good. | 太好了 |
[1:02:47] | It’s not good, it’s astonishing. | 不是太好了 是棒极了 |
[1:02:49] | – This first half is astonishing. – Oh, thank you. | -前半部实在棒极了 -谢谢你 |
[1:02:52] | When will you be done, do you think? | 你想你什么时候可以写完? |
[1:02:54] | Yes, I’m already well into the third part. | 我已经写到第三部了 |
[1:02:57] | But… | 但… |
[1:02:58] | I can’t finish that till I convince Perry | 除非能说服派瑞把命案当晚描述给我听 |
[1:03:01] | to describe the night of the killings to me. | 否则我无法写完 |
[1:03:04] | I was planning to visit this fall, see? | 我计划要在秋天去看他 |
[1:03:07] | Then I think you need to talk to him now. | 但我想你必须现在就去找他 |
[1:03:09] | And we all need to see how this ends for the final part. | 我们都需要知道最后会怎么结束 |
[1:03:14] | I can’t finish the book till I know what happens. | 只有知道发生了什么事 我才有办法把书写完 |
[1:03:17] | If Perry and Dick are executed, it’s one thing. | 如果派瑞和狄克被处决了 那是一回事 |
[1:03:21] | And if not, well… | 如果没有 就… |
[1:03:22] | Truman, you got your ending. | 楚门 你已经知道结局了 |
[1:03:24] | I really don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[1:03:25] | The Kansas Court denied their appeal. | 堪萨斯法庭已拒绝他们上诉 |
[1:03:28] | It came over the wire on Friday. | 是星期五的电报说的 |
[1:03:31] | I mean, you need to talk to Perry now. | 我是说 你现在就得跟派瑞谈 |
[1:03:34] | He’ll be dead by September. | 到九月他就已经死了 |
[1:03:38] | I mean, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:03:39] | I know how much you’ve come to care about him. | 我知道你变得非常关心他 |
[1:03:47] | Right. Yes, right. | 对 是的 没错 |
[1:03:49] | So I want to set up a reading for you in the fall, in New York… | 所以今年秋天 我想替你在纽约办朗读会… |
[1:03:53] | and, well, we’ll build some interest, and we’ll publish in the fall. | 我们会做宣传 然后在秋天出版 |
[1:04:13] | Thank God. There’s nothing in the house. | 感谢老天 家里什么都没有 |
[1:04:17] | Why aren’t you working? | 你怎么没上班? |
[1:04:18] | Well, I knew you couldn’t be counted on to stock the kitchen. | 我知道要你去买食物是靠不住的 |
[1:04:23] | What are we going to feed our famous guest? | 要拿什么给我们 鼎鼎大名的客人吃呀? |
[1:04:27] | Oh, Jesus, I completely forgot. | 噢 老天 我完全忘了 |
[1:04:31] | Plus, I finished my novel yesterday. | 还有 我的小说昨天写完了 |
[1:04:35] | What? | 什么? |
[1:04:51] | When was the last time you wrote to him? | 你上次写信给他是什么时候? |
[1:04:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:05:00] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[1:05:01] | It’s a letter for Truman I was asked to deliver. | 是我答应要拿给楚门的一封信 |
[1:05:04] | It’s from Perry. | 是派瑞写的 |
[1:05:07] | Let’s have it. | 打开看看 |
[1:05:18] | “Dear friend Truman, where are you?” | “亲爱的朋友楚门 你在哪里?” |
[1:05:22] | “Read this item in a medical dictionary.” | “我在医药辞典里看到这一条” |
[1:05:27] | “Death by hanging is caused by asphyxia… | “上吊死亡是由于窒息… |
[1:05:30] | “by fracture of the cervical vertebrae… | “颈部脊椎骨破裂… |
[1:05:33] | “by laceration of the trachea.” | “气管撕裂所造成” |
[1:05:36] | “Not too comforting, as we lost our appeal.” | “在输掉上诉后 这听来真惨” |
[1:05:40] | “Missing you.” | “很想你” |
[1:05:42] | “Alone and desirous of your presence.” | “孤独并渴望着你的出现” |
[1:05:46] | “Your amigo, Perry.” | “你的朋友派瑞” |
[1:05:49] | Mr. Shawn told me about the court decision yesterday. | 昨天尚恩先生跟我说了法庭的决定 |
[1:05:53] | I was wondering why you were in such a good mood. | 我还奇怪你怎么心情那么好呢 |
[1:05:57] | That’s a terrible thing to say. | 这么说真冷酷 |
[1:06:01] | I write him all the time. I’ve just… | 我一直有写信给他 只是… |
[1:06:04] | I’ve been so focused on the book lately. | 最近我太忙于写书的事 |
[1:06:24] | So Jack thinks I’m using Perry… | 所以杰克认为我在利用派瑞… |
[1:06:26] | but he also thinks I fell in love with him when I was in Kansas. | 但他也认为我在堪萨斯市时 爱上了派瑞 |
[1:06:31] | Now, how both of those things can be true is beyond me. | 我实在想不透 这两件事怎么会都是真的 |
[1:06:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:06:39] | Well, did you? | 你有吗? |
[1:06:42] | Did you fall in love with him? | 你有爱上他吗? |
[1:06:46] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道该怎么回答 |
[1:06:48] | Truman. | 楚门 |
[1:06:52] | It’s as if Perry and I grew up in the same house… | 就像派瑞和我生长于同一个家… |
[1:06:59] | and one day he stood up and went out the back door… | 有一天他站起来 从后门走了出去… |
[1:07:03] | while I went out the front. | 而我走的却是前门 |
[1:07:07] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -你开玩笑的吗? -不 |
[1:07:14] | Listen, you be nice to Jack. | 听着 你要对杰克好一点 |
[1:07:16] | Sometimes I think he’s what I like about you best. | 有时候我觉得 他是你身上我最喜欢的部份 |
[1:07:20] | I’ll see you at the reading in New York. | 纽约的朗读会上见 |
[1:07:26] | – 16th. – 16th. | -16号 -16号 |
[1:07:29] | Adios. | 再见啦 |
[1:07:48] | What was he in jail for? | 他为什么进监狱? |
[1:07:51] | Well, they said it was for not paying his taxes… | 据说是因为他没缴税… |
[1:07:55] | but really, for being an outsider. | 但其实是因为他当旁观者 |
[1:07:59] | Refusing to go along. | 拒绝依循传统 |
[1:08:02] | Lowell, you’re being moved. | 罗佛 你要换囚室了 |
[1:08:03] | – Why? – You’re going to final holding. | -为什么? -你要搬去死囚室 |
[1:08:05] | No. | 不 |
[1:08:07] | Come on, Lowell. Open the door. | 快点 罗佛 打开门 |
[1:08:16] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[1:08:18] | – Put your arms behind your back. – Okay, last chance. | -把两手放到背后 -再给你一次机会 |
[1:08:20] | Get up. | 起来 |
[1:08:22] | Turn around. Put your arms behind your back. | 转过身 把手放到背后 |
[1:08:43] | Now Dick and me, we’re next in line. | 狄克和我是下一个 |
[1:08:50] | I’m so sorry I’ve been away. | 真抱歉我离开了一阵子 |
[1:08:56] | It was a long time. | 离开了很久 |
[1:09:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:09:05] | How’s the book coming along? | 书写得怎么样了? |
[1:09:09] | Very slowly. | 进度很慢 |
[1:09:13] | Will you show it to me? | 你会给我看吗? |
[1:09:15] | I’ve hardly written anything. | 我几乎没写多少呢 |
[1:09:43] | Good evening, New Yorkers… | 各位纽约客 晚安… |
[1:09:47] | and thank you for coming to the first public reading… | 感谢各位来参加首次公开朗读会… |
[1:09:51] | the first offering of any kind… | 楚门卡波特前所未有的… |
[1:09:54] | of Truman Capote’s new work, In Cold Blood. | 创新作品《冷血》 |
[1:10:11] | Hello. My name is Truman Capote. | 嗨 我是楚门卡波特 |
[1:10:15] | For this evening’s program, I’m going to read some passages… | 今晚节目中我将要朗读… |
[1:10:20] | from the first three parts of my new book. | 我新书的前三段 |
[1:10:29] | “The village of Holcomb stands” | “霍肯村矗立在堪萨斯西部” |
[1:10:31] | on the high wheat plains of western Kansas… | 一片麦草高耸的平原上… |
[1:10:34] | “a Ionesome area that other Kansans call ‘out there.” | “其他堪萨斯人以’那边’来称呼这个孤寂之地” |
[1:10:39] | “Until one morning in mid-November, 1959… | “在1959年11月中旬的某天早晨以前… |
[1:10:43] | “few Americans, in fact, few Kansans,” | “极少数美国人或者说连堪萨斯人” |
[1:10:45] | “had ever heard of Holcomb.” | “都没听过霍肯村这地方” |
[1:10:48] | “Like the waters of the Arkansas River… | “就像阿肯萨河的流水… |
[1:10:51] | “like the motorists on the highway… | “就像高速公路上的驾驶… |
[1:10:53] | “exceptional happenings never stopped there.” | “意外之事并不会在那里停止” |
[1:11:09] | “Perry Smith’s voice was both gentle and prim.” | “派瑞史密斯的声音轻柔而拘谨” |
[1:11:13] | “A voice that, though soft… | “精准制造出每个语句的… |
[1:11:15] | “manufactured each sound exactly… | “一个柔和声音… |
[1:11:19] | “ejected it like a smoke ring issuing from a parson’s mouth.” | “像烟圈般从牧师的嘴里吐出” |
[1:11:29] | “The four coffins, which quite filled the small, flower-crowded parlor… | “布满花朵的小接待室 “显得有些拥挤… |
[1:11:33] | “were to be sealed at the funeral services… | “陈放了四具要在葬礼时阖起的棺材… |
[1:11:37] | “very understandably… | “可想而知… |
[1:11:39] | “for the effect was disquieting.” | “因为这景象令人不安” |
[1:11:44] | “Nancy wore her dress of cherry-red velvet… | “南西身上是樱桃红的丝绒洋装… |
[1:11:47] | “her brother a bright plaid shirt.” | “她哥哥身上是鲜艳的格子衬衫” |
[1:11:50] | “The parents were more sedately attired… | “父母的衣着较为沉稳… |
[1:11:53] | “Mr. Clutter in navy-blue flannel,” | “克拉特先生穿了海军蓝的法兰绒” |
[1:11:56] | his wife in navy-blue crepe. | 他太太则穿海军蓝的褶裙 |
[1:11:59] | “And it was this especially that lent the scene an awful aura… | “如此装扮却更彰显出场面的凄惨氛围… |
[1:12:03] | “the head of each was completely encased in cotton.” | “棉布完全包覆住他们四人的头部” |
[1:12:07] | “A swollen cocoon twice the size of an ordinary blown-up balloon.” | “像个肿起的茧 有吹饱了的气球两倍大” |
[1:12:12] | “And the cotton… | “那绵布… |
[1:12:14] | “because it had been sprayed with a glossy substance… | “因为喷上了亮光剂… |
[1:12:17] | “twinkled like Christmas tree snow.” | “像圣诞树上的雪 闪闪发亮” |
[1:12:22] | “One Tuesday at dawn, a carload of strangers… | “星期二的黎明时分 有一车陌生人… |
[1:12:27] | “ignorant of the local disaster… | “无视于当地的灾难… |
[1:12:29] | “were startled by what they saw as they crossed the prairies… | “却在经过牧场和霍肯村时… |
[1:12:32] | “and passed through Holcomb.” | “被眼前景象镇摄住了” |
[1:12:34] | “Windows ablaze.” | “明亮的窗户” |
[1:12:36] | “Almost every window in almost every house… | “几乎每栋房屋里的每扇窗户… |
[1:12:40] | “and in the brightly-lit rooms, fully-clothed people… | “和灯火通明的房间里 衣衫齐整的人们… |
[1:12:43] | “even entire families… | “甚至全家的人… |
[1:12:45] | “who had sat the whole night wide awake, watchful, listening.” | “都彻夜未眠地坐着 警觉着 倾听着” |
[1:12:51] | “Of what were they frightened? | “他们在怕什么? |
[1:12:54] | “It might happen again.” | “可能会再次发生” |
[1:12:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[1:13:23] | And I slipped and I ripped a hole… | 我滑了一下 扯破了一个大洞… |
[1:13:27] | from the bottom of my scrotum… | 从阴囊底部… |
[1:13:30] | all the way up to the top of the crack of my ass. | 一直到股沟顶端 |
[1:13:34] | And I sat there. | 我坐在那里 |
[1:13:36] | And I didn’t know it. All I felt was a… | 毫不知情 我只感觉到… |
[1:13:39] | I didn’t know it. All I felt was a cool breeze, you know, between my… | 我并不知道 只感觉到 有阵凉风穿过我的… |
[1:13:46] | Sorry. If I may… | 抱歉 请恕我插嘴… |
[1:13:49] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:13:51] | Your portrait of those men was terrifying. | 你对那些人的描述真是可怕 |
[1:13:56] | Terrifying. | 很可怕 |
[1:14:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:14:03] | Stop that man! Come back here! | 阻止那个人!回来这里! |
[1:14:07] | Dad! | 爸爸! |
[1:14:12] | Have any of you met my father? | 你们见过我父亲了吗? |
[1:14:19] | He hasn’t spanked me in years. | 他好几年没打我了 |
[1:14:22] | George didn’t come backstage. | 乔治并没有回到后台 |
[1:14:25] | He had… He had a… | 他有点… |
[1:14:27] | Something that his wife had to rush him off to. | 他太太有点事要他急着赶去 |
[1:14:30] | – But he made a point of… – Well, I’m still waiting for a call. | -但他提出… -我还在等电话 |
[1:14:34] | It was beautiful. And everybody came. Everybody came. | 实在太精采了 大家都到场了 |
[1:14:37] | – Tennessee loved it. – Of course he loved it. | -田纳西很喜欢 -他当然喜欢 |
[1:14:41] | Should we do more? | 要不要多办几场? |
[1:14:43] | No, we just sit and wait while people talk about it… | 不 我们该静静等待 让人们去谈论… |
[1:14:46] | and we let them do the work. | 让他们把书炒红 |
[1:14:49] | I mean, this book is going to change everything. | 我的意思是 这本书将改变一切 |
[1:14:53] | It’s gonna change how people see your writing. | 将改变人们看待你写作的方式 |
[1:14:59] | I think it’s going to change how people write. | 我认为会改变人们的写作方式 |
[1:15:06] | – Are you gonna be finished by October? – I think so. | -10月前你会写完吗? -我想会 |
[1:15:13] | You know, they’re scheduled for next month. | 你知道 他们被排到下个月 |
[1:15:16] | To hang. | 你说吊死 |
[1:15:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:15:20] | We’re gonna commit as many issues as it takes to publish. | 能用几期杂志宣传你的书 我们就用几期 |
[1:15:25] | Whatever it takes. | 只要有需要 |
[1:15:27] | Well, I’m going to Kansas tomorrow… | 我明天要去堪萨斯… |
[1:15:31] | – and I’ll get Perry to talk. – What’s he got to lose? | -我会要派瑞说出来 -他又有何损失? |
[1:15:37] | Sorry, but… | 抱歉 但… |
[1:15:43] | Hey, this may sound strange to you… | 嘿 这样说或许很奇怪… |
[1:15:46] | but I’m going to miss him. | 但我会想念他 |
[1:15:49] | You’ll be able to finish now. | 你会有办法写完的 |
[1:16:14] | Need to check your papers, sir. | 先生 报纸必需经过安检 |
[1:16:20] | This is what we’ve been waiting for. | 我们就在等这个 |
[1:16:22] | A stay of execution to make a federal appeal. | 暂缓行刑以做联邦上诉 |
[1:16:25] | All thanks to you. | 真要感谢你 |
[1:16:29] | Thank you! | 谢谢! |
[1:16:31] | They’re not gonna corner me now. Not unless the U.S. Government says so. | 他们不能再逼迫我了 除非美国政府允许 |
[1:16:35] | Kansas has had it in for me for 10 years. They can’t corner me now. | 堪萨斯市怨恨了我10年 现在看他们能怎么办 |
[1:16:41] | Hey, Perry, sit down… | 嘿 派瑞 坐下… |
[1:16:44] | for a minute. | 一会儿 |
[1:16:49] | I need you to talk to me. | 我要你跟我说话 |
[1:16:52] | We’ve got all the time in the world to talk. | 我们有全世界的时间说话 |
[1:16:55] | I’ve been thinking about Ricardo. | 我一直在想李察的事 |
[1:16:57] | You really need to stop sending him those trashy books. | 你真的得停止寄那些烂书给他 |
[1:17:01] | I won’t even mention the pornography. | 色情书刊就更不用说了 |
[1:17:04] | Now, I realize that Dick probably can’t grasp the literature that you gave me. | 我知道狄克或许无法理解 你给我的那些文学作品 |
[1:17:09] | And the books you send him only… | 而你寄来的那些书… |
[1:17:11] | They only exacerbate the problem. | 它们只让问题恶化 |
[1:17:14] | They only heighten or intensify it. | 只是点出或加强了问题 |
[1:17:18] | Maybe we can get him started on a program. | 或许能让他参加什么课程 |
[1:17:20] | Perry, I know what “exacerbate” means. | 派瑞 我懂”恶化”的意思 |
[1:17:25] | Okay, well, just thinking… | 噢 我只是想… |
[1:17:27] | There’s not a word or a sentence or a concept that you can illuminate for me. | 你不必跟我解释 任何一个字 句子或概念 |
[1:17:31] | There is one singular reason I keep coming here. | 我不断来这里 只有一个理由 |
[1:17:34] | – Truman. – November 14, 1959. | -楚门 -1959年11月14日 |
[1:17:38] | Three years ago. Three years. | 3年前 3年了 |
[1:17:44] | And that’s all I want to hear from you. | 这是我唯一想听你说的 |
[1:17:54] | Now I asked you not to. Ever. | 我请你别问 再也别问 |
[1:17:57] | This is absurd. Do you know what absurd means? | 真是荒谬 你知道荒谬是什么意思吗? |
[1:18:06] | I’m ready. I have a plane to catch. | 我好了 我得去赶飞机 |
[1:18:10] | I found your sister in Tacoma. | 我在塔科马港市找到了你姐 |
[1:18:12] | Maybe she’ll talk to me about something useful. | 或许她会告诉我一些有用的事 |
[1:18:19] | Please don’t go out there. | 请别去那里 |
[1:18:23] | Hey, this is my work, Perry. I’m working. | 这是我的工作 派瑞 我在工作 |
[1:18:27] | And when you want to tell me what I need to hear, you let me know. | 等你想把我要听的事说出来时 再通知我 |
[1:18:42] | June’s dead. Frank shot himself. | 茱已死了 法兰克举枪自尽 |
[1:18:48] | Now Perry did what he did. | 现在派瑞又做出那档事 |
[1:18:52] | I used to love him. He was my little doll. | 我以前很爱他 他是我的小宝贝 |
[1:18:56] | He scares me now. | 但现在他让我害怕 |
[1:18:58] | – When was the last time you saw him? – Ten years ago. | -你上次看到他是什么时候? -10年前 |
[1:19:03] | Ten years. | 10年 |
[1:19:11] | Could I borrow one of these pictures? | 这几张照片能否借我? |
[1:19:14] | Take the whole thing. I don’t want them anymore. | 整本拿去吧 我不想要了 |
[1:19:19] | Don’t be taken in by my brother. He’s got this sensitive side he’ll show. | 别被我弟唬住了 他会把敏感的一面给你看 |
[1:19:24] | You believe he’s gentle and so easily hurt… | 你会相信他很温柔而且容易受伤… |
[1:19:27] | but he’d just as soon kill you as shake your hand. I believe that. | 但他能在转眼间就把你杀掉 我绝对相信 |
[1:19:40] | Hello, handsome. | 哈罗 帅哥 |
[1:20:19] | What’s the name of your book? | 你的书名是什么? |
[1:20:29] | What’s the name of your book? | 你的书名是什么? |
[1:20:33] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:20:44] | “Truman Capote read last night before a packed audience… | “楚门卡波特昨晚 面对座无虚席的听众朗读了… |
[1:20:50] | “from his nonfiction book In Cold Blood.” | “他的非虚构小说《冷血》” |
[1:20:57] | “The true-crime novel tells of killers Richard Hickock… | “这部真实犯罪小说 描述了凶手李察希考克… |
[1:21:02] | “and Perry Smith… | “以及派瑞史密斯… |
[1:21:05] | “who brutally murdered a Kansas family three years ago.” | “于3年前粗暴地谋杀了 堪萨斯一户人家的案子” |
[1:21:10] | – Wait, who sent that to you? – That’s not your goddamn business. | -等等 这是谁寄给你的? -这他妈的不关你事 |
[1:21:14] | It is my business, because it’s not true. | 是我的事 因为那不是真的 |
[1:21:17] | The organizers of the reading needed a title. | 朗读会的主办人一定要有书名 |
[1:21:19] | They picked one, a sensational one, I admit… | 他们选了一个耸动的名称 我承认… |
[1:21:24] | to attract a crowd. | 为了吸引群众 |
[1:21:31] | – They picked it? – Yes. | -他们选的? -对 |
[1:21:35] | – It’s not your title. – Perry, I haven’t chosen one yet. | -那不是你的书名 -派瑞 我还没选定呢 |
[1:21:41] | How could I choose a title when we still haven’t talked about that night? | 在我们还没谈过那天晚上以前 我怎能选定书名? |
[1:21:44] | How could I? I couldn’t possibly. | 我怎么能够?绝对是不行的 |
[1:21:55] | You pretended to be my friend. | 你假装是我朋友 |
[1:21:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:22:02] | I should have told you. | 我早该告诉你的 |
[1:22:05] | And I couldn’t pretend to be your friend… | 我无法假装是你朋友… |
[1:22:09] | ’cause the truth is, I can’t help wanting to be. | 因为真相是 我多渴望自己就是你朋友 |
[1:22:18] | You don’t have to tell me anything… | 如果你不想告诉我… |
[1:22:23] | if you don’t want to. | 就什么都别说 |
[1:22:37] | I have something… | 你姐姐给了我… |
[1:22:41] | from your sister. | 一些东西 |
[1:22:53] | She misses you. | 她很想你 |
[1:23:14] | Look at my belly. | 看看我的肚子 |
[1:23:34] | There must be something wrong with us, to do what we did. | 我们一定有什么问题 才会做出这些事 |
[1:23:50] | We heard there was $10,000 in that house. | 我们听说那房里有1万美金 |
[1:23:54] | Once we tied up everybody and searched all over… | 等我们把全家人都绑好 全屋搜索过后… |
[1:23:58] | I knew the guy that told us about it was wrong. | 我明白告诉我们这消息的人说错了 |
[1:24:01] | There was no money. | 屋里没有钱 |
[1:24:06] | Dick wouldn’t believe it… | 狄克不肯相信… |
[1:24:08] | so he went tearing through the house, banging on the walls… | 所以他开始满屋乱跑 大敲墙壁… |
[1:24:12] | Iooking for a safe. | 想找保险箱 |
[1:24:18] | When he was done… | 等他找完… |
[1:24:21] | he said he was gonna go up to Nancy’s room and have his way with her. | 他说他要到南西房间 去好好搞一下 |
[1:24:27] | I wouldn’t allow it. | 我不准他那么做 |
[1:24:30] | And I told him that. | 我也告诉他了 |
[1:24:33] | So I sat with her. | 所以我守在她身旁 |
[1:24:36] | Dick came up and got me. | 狄克走上来抓住我 |
[1:24:38] | We turned off the lights and went down to the basement… | 我们把灯关掉 到地下室… |
[1:24:42] | where Mr. Clutter and the boy was. | 克拉特先生和小男孩绑在那里 |
[1:24:48] | He kept saying, “No witnesses”… | 他不断说: “不能留下目击者”… |
[1:24:52] | but I figured if I waited him out, he’d… | 但我认为如果给他时间… |
[1:24:54] | He’d give up and we’d leave them tied up there. | 他就会打消那个念头 然后我们会离开被绑的那家人 |
[1:24:57] | And we’d drive all night. They’d never find us. | 我们会整夜开车 谁也不会找到我们 |
[1:25:01] | We tied Mr. Clutter’s wrists to a pipe over his head. | 我们把克拉特先生的手腕 绑在他头上的水管上 |
[1:25:07] | And he looked hurt, so I cut him down. | 他看来很痛的样子 所以我把绳子砍断 |
[1:25:10] | I put a box out there so he’d be more comfortable. | 还把一个箱子放到他身旁 让他坐得舒服些 |
[1:25:17] | He asked how his wife and daughter was and I said they were fine… | 他问起他太太和女儿 我说她们没事… |
[1:25:22] | and they were getting ready for sleep, and it wouldn’t be long… | 她们准备要睡觉了 再过不久… |
[1:25:26] | till morning when they’d find him. | 到了早上就会有人发现他了 |
[1:25:37] | He was just looking at me. | 他就那样看着我 |
[1:25:40] | Looking into my eyes. | 直直看进我眼睛 |
[1:25:44] | Like he expected me to kill him. | 好像要我杀了他 |
[1:25:47] | Like he expected me to be the kind of person who would kill him. | 好像要我成为会杀掉他的那种人 |
[1:25:58] | I was thinking, “This nice man is scared of me.” | 我在想: “这个好人在怕我” |
[1:26:08] | I was so ashamed. | 我觉得很羞耻 |
[1:26:16] | I mean, I thought he was a very nice… | 我是说 我以为他是个善良的… |
[1:26:22] | gentle man. | 宽大的人 |
[1:26:25] | And I thought so right up till I slit his throat. | 直到我划破他的喉咙前 我都这样以为 |
[1:26:34] | I didn’t know what I did till I heard the sound. | 我不知道自己做了什么事 直到听到那声音 |
[1:27:32] | Added up… | 总共… |
[1:27:35] | how much money did you get from the Clutters that night? | 那天晚上你们从克拉特家 总共得到多少钱? |
[1:27:43] | Between $40 and $50. | 约在40到50美金之间 |
[1:29:49] | I mean, the truth is, I’m desperate to be done with it. | 实情是 我极想把书写完 |
[1:29:55] | I’ve spent four years of my life on this book. | 我花了4年时间在这本书上 |
[1:30:04] | They got a stay of execution yesterday. | 他们昨天获准缓刑了 |
[1:30:07] | Another, yes. | 对 又一次 |
[1:30:14] | Supreme Court. | 最高法庭 |
[1:30:18] | It’s harrowing. | 很折磨人 |
[1:30:23] | Me, all I want to do is to write the ending and there’s no end in sight. | 我只想写出结局 但眼前却看不到结局 |
[1:30:43] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[1:30:57] | “Dear friend Truman, haven’t heard from you in such a long while.” | “亲爱的朋友楚门 实在好久没你的音讯了” |
[1:31:02] | “Please help find new lawyer.” | “请帮忙找位新律师” |
[1:31:05] | “If not, Dick will have to write the Supreme Court brief himself.” | “否则狄克就得亲自写信给最高法庭” |
[1:31:12] | “Our last appeal. What a pair of wretched creatures.” | “我们最后一次上诉 真是一对可怜鬼” |
[1:31:16] | “Please help. Your amigo?” | “请帮帮忙 你的朋友?” |
[1:31:20] | “Perry.” | “派瑞” |
[1:31:24] | Just put it with the others. | 跟其它的信放在一起 |
[1:31:55] | You know, at least for Nelle… | 至少面对妮欧… |
[1:31:57] | you should try and pretend you’re having a good time tonight. | 你该设法假装你今晚非常高兴 |
[1:32:45] | I thought I’d find you here. | 我就知道在这里可以找到你 |
[1:32:48] | Oh, Nelle. | 噢 妮欧 |
[1:32:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:32:54] | I’ll have another, please. | 请再给我一杯 |
[1:32:59] | – How are you? – Terrible. | -你好吗? -很惨 |
[1:33:03] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 听你这么说我真遗憾 |
[1:33:05] | I mean, it’s torture the way… | 我觉得这真是折磨… |
[1:33:10] | What they’re doing to me. | 他们这样对我 |
[1:33:17] | And now it’s the Supreme Court. | 现在又上最高法庭 |
[1:33:20] | And can you believe it? | 你能相信吗? |
[1:33:24] | If they win this appeal… | 如果他们胜诉了… |
[1:33:28] | I will… | 我会… |
[1:33:30] | have a complete nervous breakdown. | 我会完全精神崩溃 |
[1:33:34] | I may never recover… | 可能永远无法恢复… |
[1:33:38] | and I’ll just pray that it turns my way. | 我只能祈祷情况会对我有利 |
[1:33:44] | – It must be difficult. – It’s torture. | -一定很困难 -是折磨 |
[1:33:50] | They’re torturing me. | 他们在折磨我 |
[1:33:53] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[1:33:58] | And how’d you like the movie, Truman? | 楚门 你觉得这部电影怎么样? |
[1:34:23] | I frankly don’t see what all the fuss is about. | 老实说我真不懂这有什么好兴奋的 |
[1:35:14] | Hello. | 喂 |
[1:35:15] | – Mr. Truman Capote? – Yeah. | -是楚门卡波特先生吗? -是 |
[1:35:18] | I have a call from Mr. Perry Smith | 我这边有位派瑞史密斯先生 |
[1:35:20] | in the Kansas Correctional System. | 从堪萨斯惩戒院打来的电话 |
[1:35:22] | Will you accept charges? | 你愿意付费吗? |
[1:35:25] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:35:27] | Mr. Smith, you’re on the line. | 史密斯先生 接通了 |
[1:35:29] | Hello. | 喂 |
[1:35:32] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:35:33] | Hello, Perry. | 嗨 派瑞 |
[1:35:35] | They let me make a couple of phone calls before I go down to holding. | 在我搬进死囚室前 他们让我打几通电话 |
[1:35:39] | You heard the Supreme Court rejected the appeal? | 你听说最高法院驳回上诉了吗? |
[1:35:45] | No, I didn’t. I hadn’t heard that. | 不 我不知道 我没听说 |
[1:35:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:35:56] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[1:36:01] | Yeah. They let me make two phone calls. | 对 他们让我打两通电话 |
[1:36:06] | We got a date set for the warehouse, Dick and me. | 狄克和我已经知道进太平间的日期了 |
[1:36:11] | Two weeks and finito. | 再两周就结束了 |
[1:36:15] | April 14. | 4月14日 |
[1:36:20] | Will you visit me? | 你会来看我吗? |
[1:36:23] | Truman? | 楚门? |
[1:36:52] | It’s him again. | 又是他 |
[1:37:01] | It is utterly inappropriate for me to talk to him. | 由我跟他说话非常不合适 |
[1:37:14] | Yes? | 喂? |
[1:37:19] | I’m sorry, he won’t be able to make it. | 抱歉 他无法过去 |
[1:37:35] | – Hello? – Mr. Shawn, it’s Nelle. | -喂? -尚恩先生 是我妮欧 |
[1:37:38] | I just got this telegram. Has he seen it? | 我刚收到电报 他看过了吗? |
[1:37:41] | He won’t read it. | 他不肯看 |
[1:37:43] | – Would you put him on, please? – Nelle, he won’t talk. | -请叫他来接电话好吗? -妮欧 他不肯说话 |
[1:37:46] | Mr. Shawn, if you have to hold him down | 尚恩先生 就算你得把他按住 |
[1:37:49] | and put the phone on his ear… | 再把电话放上他耳朵… |
[1:37:51] | I need to speak to him. | 我都得跟他讲话 |
[1:37:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:38:18] | It’s Nelle. | 是妮欧 |
[1:38:26] | Truman. | 楚门 |
[1:38:30] | “Miss Nelle Harper Lee and Truman Capote.” | “致妮欧哈波李小姐和楚门卡波特” |
[1:38:35] | “Sorry that Truman was unable to make it here to the prison… | “很遗憾楚门无法前来监狱… |
[1:38:39] | “for a brief word prior to necktie party.” | “在上吊派对前跟我交谈片刻” |
[1:38:43] | “Whatever his reason for not showing up… | “无论他不克前来的原因为何… |
[1:38:46] | “I want him to know that I cannot condemn him for it.” | “我想要他知道 我都不会责怪他” |
[1:38:52] | “Not much time left… | “时间不多了… |
[1:38:55] | “but want you both to know that I’ve been sincerely grateful… | “但我要你们俩知道 我诚心地感激… |
[1:38:59] | “for your friendship through the years and everything else.” | “你们这些年来的友谊和所做的一切” |
[1:39:04] | “I’m not very good at these things.” | “我不是个很会说话的人” |
[1:39:08] | “I have become extremely affectionate toward you both.” | “我对你们两位已有深厚情感” |
[1:39:12] | “But, harness time.” | “但大限来临了” |
[1:39:16] | “Adios, amigos. Your friend, Perry.” | “朋友 永别了 你的朋友派瑞上” |
[1:39:32] | Well, I didn’t expect to see you again. | 我倒没想过会再见到你 |
[1:39:36] | You can visit for a few minutes. | 你可以探访几分钟 |
[1:39:43] | – Yeah. – No. | -要 -不要 |
[1:39:51] | Five minutes. | 5分钟 |
[1:39:55] | Well, well. | 唉唷 |
[1:39:59] | He returns. | 他回来了 |
[1:40:02] | I don’t know what you must think of me. | 我不知道你们是怎么想的 |
[1:40:06] | Well, you haven’t been foremost on my mind lately… | 近来我脑中一直在想的并不是你… |
[1:40:10] | as you can probably imagine. | 你应该想像得到吧 |
[1:40:16] | You got the letter? | 你收到信了? |
[1:40:20] | Yes, I did. | 收到了 |
[1:40:25] | It’s true. I understand why you didn’t want to come. | 是真的 我了解你为何不想来 |
[1:40:30] | I wouldn’t be here either if I didn’t have to. | 如非必要我也不会想来的 |
[1:40:33] | You got that right. | 说得没错 |
[1:40:39] | You know Ricardo donated his eyes to science? | 你可知道李察把眼睛 捐给科学研究了? |
[1:40:44] | Next week, some blind man will be seeing what Dick used to see. | 下个礼拜就会有盲人 能用狄克的眼睛来看了 |
[1:40:48] | Yeah, you could be walking in Denver or somewhere, Truman… | 对 楚门 你在丹佛或随便哪里行走… |
[1:40:52] | and suddenly these eyes will be staring at you. | 突然间这双眼睛就在瞪着你 |
[1:40:55] | That would be something, wouldn’t it? | 那够吓人的吧? |
[1:40:59] | It would be. It would be. | 是的 是的 |
[1:41:16] | You’ll be watching? | 你会来看吗? |
[1:41:19] | I don’t know, I’ll be… | 我不知道 我会… |
[1:41:23] | Do you want me to? | 你要我看吗? |
[1:41:30] | I’d like to have a friend there. | 我会想要有个朋友在场 |
[1:41:33] | Okay. Then I will. | 好 那我会看 |
[1:41:46] | It’s all right. | 没有关系 |
[1:42:07] | I did everything I could. | 我已经尽力了 |
[1:42:10] | It’s okay. | 好 |
[1:42:21] | I truly did. | 我真的尽力了 |
[1:42:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:42:34] | It’s time. | 时候到了 |
[1:42:46] | Mr. Capote. | 卡波特先生 |
[1:43:04] | Goodbye. | 永别了 |
[1:43:05] | You’re not rid of us yet. | 你还没摆脱我们呢 |
[1:43:08] | – We’ll see you in a few minutes. – I wish I had… | -几分钟后就会再见了 -真希望我有… |
[1:43:10] | Mr. Capote. | 卡波特先生 |
[1:43:13] | – Mr. Capote. – Goodbye. | -卡波特先生 -再见 |
[1:44:10] | Nice to see you. | 真高兴看到你 |
[1:44:55] | Perry Edward Smith. | 派瑞艾德华史密斯 |
[1:44:57] | For the crime of murder in the first degree, by order of the Court of Finney County… | 因一级谋杀罪被堪萨斯州辖区… |
[1:45:00] | and the Supreme Court of the sovereign state of Kansas… | 芬尼郡法庭与最高法庭… |
[1:45:03] | you are sentenced to hang until you die. | 判处死亡吊刑 |
[1:45:05] | “I will fear no evil: For thou art with me.” | “我不怕遭害: 因为你与我同在” |
[1:45:08] | “Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.” | “绳子等用具安抚了我” |
[1:45:10] | You can say something if you want. | 你可以说几句话 |
[1:45:18] | Is there anybody from the family here? | 有家人来这里吗? |
[1:45:21] | No, Perry. | 没有 |
[1:45:27] | Well, tell them… | 那 告诉他们… |
[1:45:35] | I can’t remember what I was gonna say for the life of me. | 我怎样也想不出来该说什么 |
[1:45:58] | Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. | 我们在天上的父 愿人都尊你的名为圣 |
[1:46:01] | Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. | 愿你的国降临 愿你的旨意行在地上 如同行在天上 |
[1:46:06] | Give us this day our daily bread. | 我们日用的饮食 今日赐给我们 |
[1:46:09] | And forgive those who trespass against us. | 免我们的债 如同我们免了人的债 |
[1:46:12] | And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. | 不叫我们遇见试探 救我们脱离恶者 |
[1:46:45] | It was a terrible experience… | 那是个可怕的体验… |
[1:46:51] | and I will never get over it. | 我永远忘不了 |
[1:46:55] | They’re dead, Truman. You’re alive. | 楚门 他们死了 你还活着 |
[1:47:01] | And there wasn’t anything I could have done to save them. | 我却完全无法为他们做点什么 救救他们 |
[1:47:07] | Maybe not… | 或许没有… |
[1:47:12] | but, the fact is, you didn’t want to. | 但事实是 你并不想做 |
[1:48:16] | 《冷血》 一书让楚门卡波特 成为美国最有名的作家 | |
[1:48:28] | 他替那本最后且尚为完成的书 所题的词是: |