英文名称:Cold Mountain
年代:2003
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | “Dear Mr. Inman, | “亲爱的因曼先生 |
[00:33] | “I began by counting the days, | 开始的时候我一天天数着日子 |
[00:36] | “then the months. | 然后是月复一月 |
[00:39] | “I don’t count on anything anymore | 我已经不再数着日子过 心中别无所求 |
[00:41] | “except the hope that you will return, | 唯愿你最终能回来 |
[00:44] | “and the silent fear that in the years since we saw each other, | 自我们分别这些年来寂静的恐惧 |
[00:50] | “this war, this awful war, | 这场战争 这可怕的战争 |
[00:54] | “will have changed us both beyond all reckoning.” | 必将彻底改变我们 不再是记忆中的模样” |
[01:10] | 内战将尽之时 北方军队在南方防线下埋炸药 | |
[01:37] | 1864年7月 弗吉尼亚州 彼得斯堡被围 南方军正等待北方军的进攻 | |
[01:49] | This poor boy’s from Alabama, | 这个可怜的孩子是阿拉巴马来的 |
[01:52] | – He’s a long way from home. – Thank you. | -那可离家够远的 -谢谢 |
[01:59] | Why don’t them Yanks just attack? | 那些北方佬为什么还不进攻 |
[02:12] | Got any shirts, son? | 有衣服吗 小子 |
[02:21] | It’s Mo Oakley’s boy. | 那是莫·奥克利的儿子 |
[02:24] | Can’t be old enough to fight, can he? | 恐怕还不到参战的年龄吧 |
[02:33] | – Good morning. – Morning, son. | -早上好 -早上好 小子 |
[02:36] | Got some boots and jackets. You want one? | 这里有些靴子和夹克 想要吗 |
[02:39] | – Here, you want that? – Thanks. | -给 这个你要吗 -谢谢 |
[02:43] | I hope these boots can hold up for 400 miles, | 希望这些靴子能撑过400英里的路 |
[02:46] | ’cause they’re taking me back to Cold Mountain. | 因为我可要穿着它们回冷山呢 |
[02:54] | “I think now on the fleeting moments between us | “我经常想起我们在一起时那飞逝的时光 |
[02:57] | “and wish I could repair them. | 真希望我能弥补许多遗憾 |
[03:01] | “My awkward nature, the things left unsaid.” | 希望我不曾矜持扭捏 不曾留下许多话未说出口” |
[03:09] | All right, that’s it, | 好了 就这样 |
[03:16] | Enough powder here to blow a hole in the sky. | 这里的炸药连天都能炸出个窟窿 |
[03:19] | Yeah, a real Yankee good mornin’. | 是啊 这才是北方佬的清晨问候 |
[03:36] | That old book of yours is in shreds. | 你那本旧书都快散架了 |
[03:41] | Same as us, seen too much war. | 就像我们 经历了太多战火的侵袭 |
[03:46] | Oakley, | 奥克利 |
[03:47] | Don’t worry, son. | 别担心 孩子 |
[03:49] | Them Yankee boys keep store hours, | 那些北方佬跟商店一样 |
[03:52] | they ain’t open yet. | 不到点不开门营业 |
[04:03] | Close it up. | 关上吧 |
[04:17] | Hey, where’d you come from? | 嘿 你是从哪冒出来的 |
[04:20] | That’s fresh breakfast. | 那可是新鲜早餐 |
[04:21] | He’s mine, Butcher. | 它是我的 布彻 |
[04:23] | Get away! | 让开 |
[04:24] | – I saw him first. – Come on! | -是我先看见的 -快追 |
[04:26] | – I saw it first! – That’s my rabbit! That’s my rabbit! | -我先看见的 -那是我的兔子 我的兔子 |
[04:33] | Get your paws off my rabbit! Get your paws off my rabbit! | 放开我的兔子 放开我的兔子 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1483个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:244个,六级词汇:81个,GRE词汇:124个,托福词汇:155个,考研词汇:260个,专四词汇:187个,专八词汇:35个, 所有生词标注共:480个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:21] | “When I came with my father to the town of Cold Mountain, | “当我随父亲来到那个叫冷山的小镇时 |
[05:24] | “I was so shy of how I looked, | 我对于自己的打扮感到十分羞怯 |
[05:26] | “So out of place. | 真是格格不入 |
[05:29] | “But did you know how happy I was to escape from Charleston, | 但你知道我多么开心能逃离查尔斯顿 |
[05:33] | “from a world of slaves and corsets and cotton?” | 逃离那个充满奴隶 束身衣和棉花的世界吗 |
[05:37] | What do you fools think you’ll be fightin’ for? | 你们这些白痴是以为自己是在为什么而战 |
[05:40] | – The South? – I call this nail Northern Aggression. | -南方吗 -我管这颗钉子叫「北方侵略」 |
[05:44] | – Damn right. – I call this nail the Yankee Skulls. | -一点没错 -我管这颗钉子叫「北方佬的脑袋」 |
[05:47] | Last time I checked, the South was a direction, | 要是我没记错 南方好像只是个方向吧 |
[05:50] | Never figured you for a Lincoln lover, JT. | 没想到你居然支持林肯 JT |
[05:52] | I tell you, as soon as I finish this chapel, | 我告诉你 等我修好这个教堂 |
[05:54] | I’m gonna go off and kill me some Yankees. | 我就要去战场 杀几个北方佬 |
[05:56] | Piss and vinegar. | 真是充满激情和力量 |
[05:58] | Fightin’ for a rich man’s slave, that’s what. | 其实不过是为有钱人的奴隶打仗 |
[06:00] | Whoa, here comes the minister, | 牧师来了 |
[06:02] | Ben, thank you, will you assist my daughter? | 本 谢谢 能扶我女儿下车吗 |
[06:05] | Lord have mercy, look at that bonnet. | 我的天 瞧瞧那顶帽子 |
[06:07] | Look what’s in it. | 再瞧瞧戴帽子的人 |
[06:09] | Oakley, hand me the hammer, boy. | 奥克利 把锤头递给我 小子 |
[06:11] | That’s a true Southern belle. | 真是一位南方美人 |
[06:13] | – Mr. Swanger! Good morning to you. – Morning, Reverend. | -斯万格先生 早安 -早安 牧师 |
[06:18] | Esco, you remember my daughter, Ada. | 埃斯科 还记得我女儿艾达吗 |
[06:21] | – Miss Monroe. – Good morning, | -门罗小姐 -早安 |
[06:23] | – Morning. – Morning, | -早安 -早安 |
[06:24] | – Excellent progress. – Morning, | -进展不错 -早安 |
[06:27] | Mrs. Swanger, Mrs. Castlereagh. | 这二位是斯万格夫人 卡斯特勒雷夫人 |
[06:29] | Morning, Reverend. | 早安 牧师 |
[06:30] | Now, if y’all will excuse me, | 请允许我先失陪一下 |
[06:31] | in Charleston, my congregation | 要是在查尔斯顿 我的教众 |
[06:34] | would still be disputing the size of the windows. | 肯定要在为窗户的尺寸争论不休了 |
[06:36] | It’s a chapel. | 只是小教堂而已 |
[06:37] | Miss Monroe, I was just thinkin’ about you. | 门罗小姐 我刚才还在想着你 |
[06:40] | Cold Mountain must feel like the end of the world. | 冷山对你来说肯定像世界末日吧 |
[06:44] | Not at all. | 并非如此 |
[06:47] | – It’s very beautiful. – Well, you put us all to shame. | -这里很美 -你真让我们自惭形秽 |
[06:52] | Men up here had a bearing on what they thought a woman was, | 那上面的男人刚对女人有了点概念 |
[06:55] | and then you showed up. | 结果就来了个你这样的美人 |
[06:58] | – No, I doubt that. – Oh, believe me, | -不 我可不信 -相信我 |
[07:00] | if you was to say a word to one of these fools, | 如果你能和其中一个笨蛋说上句话 |
[07:03] | I could get my top field cleared. | 我山上那块地就有人帮我犁了 |
[07:07] | – Any one? – No, um… | -谁都行吗 -不是 |
[07:10] | Him in particular, | 必须是他 |
[07:13] | up in the rafters, | 椽子上那个 |
[07:15] | won’t normally say boo to a goose. | 平时可是一句话不说的 |
[07:20] | He’s been pressin’ me since the day you arrived here. | 自从你来了这里之后 他就整日缠着我引荐 |
[07:29] | – Your top field cleared? – That’s right. | -帮你犁地是吗 -没错 |
[07:36] | Good morning, I’m Ada Monroe. | 早上好 我是艾达·门罗 |
[07:41] | Inman. | 我是因曼 |
[07:43] | Inman. | 因曼 |
[07:44] | WP Inman. | W.P.因曼 |
[07:47] | WP Inman. | W.P.因曼 |
[07:49] | Repeatin’ a thing doesn’t improve it. | 重复可没有什么用 |
[07:53] | People call me Inman. | 别人叫我因曼 |
[07:58] | How ’bout that? Inman speaks. | 瞧瞧 因曼说话了 |
[08:00] | If you were to take a glass of cider, | 要是你下来喝一杯苹果酒 |
[08:02] | your friends might stop staring. | 你的朋友可能就不会总盯着你了 |
[08:07] | Inman. | 因曼 |
[08:10] | You’re just jealous. | 你就是嫉妒 |
[08:11] | I’m gonna take her for a walk at Bishop’s Creek. | 我要带她去主教溪散步 |
[08:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:26] | And what do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[08:28] | I work wood, | 做木工 |
[08:31] | hunt, | 打猎 |
[08:34] | mostly work wood. | 主要是木工 |
[08:39] | Clear fields? | 犁地呢 |
[08:45] | I can clear a field. | 我可以犁地 |
[08:48] | Was there something in particular you wished to say to me? | 你有什么话想对我说吗 |
[08:57] | Not that comes to me. | 我想不起来有什么 |
[09:06] | I’ll say thank you… for the cider. | 我应该说谢谢 谢谢你的苹果酒 |
[09:16] | ♪You’ll walk unscathed…♪ | ♪你安然无恙♪ |
[09:23] | ♪No ploughman’s blade will cut thee down♪ | ♪长刀都不能让你倒下♪ |
[09:31] | ♪No cutlass wound will mark thy face♪ | ♪短剑也无法在你脸上留下伤口♪ |
[09:37] | ♪I’ve gone to find my ain true love♪ | ♪我已踏上寻找真爱的旅途♪ |
[09:44] | ♪I’ve gone to find my ain true love♪ | ♪我已踏上寻找真爱的旅途♪ |
[10:40] | Fire! | 开火 |
[10:58] | Move back! Go back! Move back! | 撤退 回去 退回去 |
[11:01] | Go back! Go back! | 撤退 撤退 |
[11:04] | They’re trapped in the wrong damn crater. | 他们被困在了错误的弹坑里 |
[11:07] | Whole plan backfired on ’em. | 他们的计划坑了自己 |
[11:09] | Send them Yanks straight to hell. | 送那些北方佬下地狱 |
[11:11] | – Hold it, hold it. – Let’s go, Turn it around. | -等等 等等 -快走 回去 |
[11:17] | Damn fools dug their own grave. | 那些白痴是自掘坟墓 |
[11:20] | We’ve got ’em now, boys. | 他们落在我们手里了 兄弟们 |
[11:24] | It’s a turkey shoot. | 就像射击火鸡一样容易 |
[11:27] | What? | 什么 |
[11:28] | It’s a turkey shoot. They’ve run themselves into a hole. | 就像射击火鸡一样容易 他们把自己困在坑里了 |
[11:31] | Hell’s busted. | 他们倒霉了 |
[12:35] | Oakley! | 奥克利 |
[12:49] | Oakley! | 奥克利 |
[12:58] | Oakley! | 奥克利 |
[13:26] | – Inman! Inman! – Oakley! | -因曼 因曼 -奥克利 |
[13:33] | Oakley! | 奥克利 |
[14:03] | – Inman! – Come on. | -因曼 -来 |
[14:06] | Inman. | 因曼 |
[14:10] | I’ve got you. | 我来救你了 |
[14:40] | I got a few. | 我杀了好几个 |
[14:43] | – You saw? – I saw. | -你看到了吗 -我看到了 |
[14:50] | Am I gonna die? | 我会死吗 |
[14:55] | Your folks can be real proud of you. | 你父母会为你非常骄傲的 |
[15:11] | Son, this fellow says he’ll play whatever you want. | 孩子 这家伙说你想听什么他都拉给你听 |
[15:19] | What about “Bonaparte’s Retreat”? That’s one I play. | 《波拿巴的撤退》怎么样 这个我会 |
[15:27] | No, Play me somethin’ sweet, | 不 我想听甜蜜一点的曲子 |
[15:31] | like a girl’s waiting for me. | 像有个女孩在等我回去的那种情歌 |
[15:35] | – You heard him. – I only know a couple of tunes. | -按他说的来 -我只会几首曲子 |
[15:39] | Like when you’re at Bishop’s Creek… | 就像你身在主教溪 |
[15:42] | and you’re thirsty… | 你很口渴 |
[15:45] | and the water’s so cool. | 而溪水那么清凉 |
[15:50] | I don’t know what music that is. | 我不知道那是什么歌 |
[16:17] | I’m reachin’ Cold Mountain before you. | 我要先你一步回冷山了 |
[16:58] | Good morning, Sally. | 早上好 莎莉 |
[17:04] | Well, that’s a fine-sounding thing. | 那东西好像能发出美妙的声音啊 |
[17:08] | My piano. | 是我的钢琴 |
[17:12] | Oh, I’ve been missing it. | 我想它很久了 |
[17:14] | Thank you, by the way, Inman’s in my top field clearing his debt. | 谢谢 对了 因曼在犁地还债了 |
[17:19] | Oh, dear. | 我的天 |
[17:25] | And then he had nothing to say. | 可他却没什么话可说 |
[17:28] | He was happy. | 他很开心 |
[17:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:34] | Are men so different in Charleston? | 查尔斯顿的男人不是这样的吗 |
[17:39] | Men? | 男人 |
[17:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:44] | If you’re sayin’ you might like him, | 如果你还挺喜欢他 |
[17:45] | why not go over and say good mornin’? | 不如过去打个招呼 |
[17:49] | I should be gettin’ along. | 我还是走吧 |
[17:52] | Walk on, quickly. | 往前走 快 |
[17:55] | Come on, walk on, slowly. | 快 往前走 慢点 |
[17:58] | Walk on. | 往前走 |
[18:44] | My dear daughter, Ada, | 我亲爱的女儿 艾达 |
[18:47] | who’s given up so much for so long to help me in my ministry, | 为了帮助我的传教事业 一直以来她放弃了太多 |
[18:52] | and upon whom I rely. | 其实是我依赖她 |
[18:56] | Friends, we are both very happy | 朋友们 我们都很高兴 |
[19:00] | to have this opportunity tonight… | 今晚能有此机会 |
[19:03] | to thank you from our hearts… | 发自内心地对你们说声谢谢 |
[19:07] | for your kind welcome and, | 谢谢你们热情的欢迎 |
[19:09] | most of all, such a fine chapel. | 最重要的是 建了这么好的一座教堂 |
[19:14] | So… | 所以 |
[19:17] | …thank you, and God bless you. | 非常感谢 愿主保佑你们 |
[19:23] | Our house is always open to any of you at any time. | 我们的家门将永远向你们敞开 |
[19:29] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[19:31] | Esco? | 埃斯科 |
[19:37] | That gentleman, he help build the chapel? | 那位先生 他参与教堂的搭建了吗 |
[19:39] | Him? No, that’s Teague, | 他吗 没有 那是提格 |
[19:42] | at one time the Teague family owned the whole of Cold Mountain. | 曾经整个冷山都属于提格家族 |
[19:46] | My farm, your farm, it all belonged to his grandpappy, | 我的农场 你的农场 曾经都属于他爷爷 |
[19:50] | Teague wanted this place bad, and you got it. | 提格很想要这块地 结果却成了你的 |
[19:53] | And he’s here sniffin’ out an advantage. | 他来这里是想找机会捞好处 |
[19:58] | There’s no advantage here, | 这里没什么好处可捞 |
[20:00] | except to celebrate a job well done, | 只有对教堂落成的庆祝 |
[20:04] | and that is a good thing in these troubled times… | 在这种艰难的时期 这是好事 |
[20:06] | – Miss Monroe. – Thank you. | -门罗小姐 -谢谢 |
[20:14] | Were you never planning to come inside? | 你不打算进屋吗 |
[20:16] | I’m wetter than a fish. | 我都湿透了 |
[20:20] | – There’s a good fire going. – I’m all right. | -里面生了火可以烤烤 -我不用了 |
[20:26] | You’re always carrying a tray. | 你总是捧着托盘 |
[20:31] | I was going to take some root beer over to the Negroes. | 我正要给那些黑人送些啤酒过去 |
[20:43] | Somebody said you were enlisting. | 有人说你参军了 |
[20:46] | – Are you? – If there is a war, we’ll all fight. | -是吗 -如果有战争 我们都会上战场的 |
[21:03] | – Did you get a picture made? – Say again? | -你的照片做好了吗 -什么 |
[21:06] | A tintype, | 锡版照相 |
[21:09] | with your musket and your courage on display. | 能展现你的火枪和勇气 |
[21:12] | You’re laughin’ at me. | 你在笑话我 |
[21:17] | I don’t know you. | 我并不了解你 |
[21:23] | This doesn’t come out right. | 这不是我想要的 |
[21:26] | If it were enough just to stand, without the words… | 如果我们能只站一会儿 不说话… |
[21:33] | It is. | 可以的 |
[21:38] | It is. | 可以 |
[21:44] | You… Look. | 你…你看 |
[21:46] | Look! Look at the sky now. What color is it? | 快看现在的天空 是什么颜色的 |
[21:52] | Or the way… a hawk flies? | 或者 雄鹰飞翔的方式 |
[21:57] | Or you wake up… | 或者当你醒来 |
[22:00] | and your ribs are bruised thinking so hard on somebody. | 你的心因为思念某个人而隐隐作痛 |
[22:06] | What do you call that? | 你把那称作什么 |
[22:17] | I’ll do that, | 让我来吧 |
[22:20] | I can’t get much wetter. | 我反正已经湿透了 |
[22:26] | “What if you are killed, and I’ll never see you again? | “若是你死了 我再也见不到你怎么办 |
[22:30] | “You said after a few years I would barely remember your name. | 你曾说 过个几年我连你的名字都无法记起 |
[22:35] | “Oh, Inman. | 因曼啊 |
[22:38] | It is more than three years, and I remember your name. “ | 已经过去不止三年 我还记得你的名字” |
[22:43] | Soldiers, don’t get up. | 士兵们 不用起立 |
[22:48] | You are mentioned tonight in my report. | 今晚我在报告里提到了你们 |
[22:50] | You men from Cold Mountain | 你们从冷山来的这些人 |
[22:51] | have once again been heroes for the cause. | 又一次成为了为大业而战的英雄 |
[22:55] | There are Yankees in that stand | 敌我双方之间的树林里 |
[22:57] | of trees between us, stuck there from the retreat. | 还有很多北方佬被困住 无法撤退 |
[22:59] | If they stay there, | 如果他们留在那里 |
[23:01] | tomorrow mornin’ they can shoot us down for sport.. | 明早他们可以像玩乐一样射杀我们 |
[23:08] | Go around. | 散开 |
[23:13] | It’s a Reb! | 是南方军 |
[23:15] | How many of them are there? | 他们有多少人 |
[23:16] | I think there’s five. | 我觉得有五个 |
[23:17] | Under the trees. | 在树下 |
[23:23] | – We got ’em. – Let’s go, let’s go. | -我们逮到他们了 -快走 快走 |
[23:25] | Butcher’s down. | 布彻中枪了 |
[23:28] | Leave him, leave him. He’s gone. Let’s go. | 别管他了 他死了 我们快走 |
[23:34] | – Go, go! Go! – Run! | -快走 快走 -快跑 |
[23:38] | – Go! Go! Go! – Hold your fire! | -快走啊 -别开火 |
[23:42] | What’s over by them trees? | 树林那边是什么 |
[23:44] | It’s us! It’s us! | 是我们 是我们 |
[23:49] | I said hold your fire! Hold your fire. | 我说了停火 别开枪 |
[23:59] | Leave him. Leave him. | 别管他了 丢下他 |
[24:31] | Inman’ll get it. | 因曼会处理好的 |
[24:34] | Supposed to bring good luck, a bird caught in a room. | 一只鸟困在房间里 据说会带来好运 |
[24:39] | I’m so sorry to have kept you waiting. | 十分抱歉让诸位久等 |
[24:42] | She’ll just be a few seconds. | 她很快就好 |
[25:48] | – Mr. Inman. – Reverend. | -因曼先生 -牧师 |
[25:50] | – What can I do for you? – I have some sheet music. | -请问有何贵干 -我有些乐谱 |
[25:53] | It belonged to my father. No use to me. | 是我父亲的 对我来说没什么用 |
[25:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:58] | – You must come in. – I should probably get along. | -你一定要进来坐坐 -我或许该走了 |
[26:01] | Mr. Inman is more comfortable outdoors. | 因曼先生在外面更自在 |
[26:04] | Perhaps we might… perhaps we might take a walk. | 或许我们 或许我们可以一起散散步 |
[26:08] | A splendid idea. | 那太好了 |
[26:13] | Let me just get your hat. | 我去拿你的帽子 |
[26:19] | I dragged my poor daughter | 我把我可怜的女儿 |
[26:21] | 400 miles from Charleston to Cold Mountain, | 从查尔斯顿拽到400多英里外的冷山 |
[26:24] | because my doctors, they’ve been sayin’ my chest is weak, | 就因为我的医生们说我的心脏很弱 |
[26:28] | so the air’s supposed to do me good. | 所以呼吸新鲜空气对我有好处 |
[26:32] | But it’s the view I think heals. | 但我觉得真正有治愈功能是这美景 |
[26:34] | It’s what people say we’re fightin’ for, | 这正是大家所说的我们战斗的目标 |
[26:37] | to keep it that way. | 保持这一切不变 |
[26:39] | I have no plans to preach war in my church, Mr. Inman. | 我无意在我的教堂鼓吹战争 因曼先生 |
[26:45] | I imagine God is weary of | 我猜上帝也疲于 |
[26:46] | being called down on both sides of an argument. | 被敌对的双方唤来求助 |
[26:52] | I imagine God is. | 我猜的确如此 |
[27:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:05] | Now, your father played the piano, did he? | 你父亲会弹钢琴 是吗 |
[27:08] | That’s right. He was a teacher. | 没错 他曾是个老师 |
[27:10] | And is your father living, Mr. Inman? | 那你的父亲还健在吗 因曼先生 |
[27:12] | – He is not. – And your mother? | -他过世了 -你的母亲呢 |
[27:15] | No, sir. She died when I was born. | 不 先生 我出生时她就去世了 |
[27:46] | ♪Farewell, vain world.♪ | ♪再会吧 虚荣的世界♪ |
[27:48] | ♪I’m going home.♪ | ♪我要回家了♪ |
[27:51] | ♪My savior smiles and bids me come.♪ | ♪我的救世主微笑着让我去♪ |
[27:55] | ♪And I don’t care to stay here long.♪ | ♪我不愿在此久留♪ |
[27:59] | ♪Sweet angels beckon me away.♪ | ♪甜美的天使带我离开♪ |
[28:03] | ♪To sing God’s praise in endless day.♪ | ♪在无尽的日夜 唱响上帝的颂歌♪ |
[28:07] | ♪And I don’t care to stay here long.♪ | ♪我不愿在此久留♪ |
[28:11] | ♪Right up yonder, Christians.♪ | ♪就去那边 基督教徒们♪ |
[28:15] | – Secession. – North Carolina left the Union. | -退出了 -北卡罗来纳州退出联邦了 |
[28:18] | ♪O, yes, my Lord, for I don’t care to stay here long.♪ | ♪是 我的主 我不愿在此久留♪ |
[28:26] | We got our war! | 我们要打仗了 |
[28:28] | ♪… that I am born to die.♪ | ♪我向死而生♪ |
[28:31] | ♪ From grief and woe my soul shall fly.♪ | ♪从悲伤与苦痛之中我的灵魂当翱翔♪ |
[28:36] | ♪ And I don’t care to stay here long.♪ | ♪而我不愿在此久留♪ |
[28:39] | ♪ Bright angels shall convey me home.♪ | ♪光明的天使会带我回家♪ |
[28:44] | ♪ Away to New Jerusalem.♪ | ♪前往新耶路撒冷♪ |
[28:48] | ♪ And I don’t care to stay here long.♪ | ♪而我不愿在此久留♪ |
[28:55] | We got our war! We got it! We got it! It’s about time. | 我们要打仗了 要打仗了 也是时候了 |
[29:04] | – All right! – Inman! Inman! | -太好了 -因曼 因曼 |
[29:07] | Ready to fight, son, ready to fight. | 准备好打仗 孩子 准备好了 |
[29:10] | We got our war, man. | 我们要打仗了 兄弟 |
[29:13] | Well, you have your war. | 你终于要去打仗了 |
[29:16] | Ada. | 艾达 |
[29:19] | Ada. | 艾达 |
[29:22] | It’s a great day for North Carolina. | 这是北卡罗来纳州的大好日子 |
[29:25] | Those who follow Lincoln or preach abolition… | 那些追随林肯或是鼓吹废奴的人 |
[29:30] | you best keep one eye open when you’re sleepin’. | 你们睡觉的时候最好小心点 |
[29:32] | Ol’ boogeyman might get you. | 恶魔可能会找上门 |
[29:35] | Are you the law all of a sudden, Mr. Teague? | 你突然就代表法律了吗 提格先生 |
[29:39] | That’s right, son. | 没错 孩子 |
[29:41] | Home Guard for Haywood County. | 我是海伍德县的乡团兵 |
[29:43] | And I’m the law from today. | 从今天起我就代表法律了 |
[29:45] | Y’all go fight now. | 你们都得上战场 |
[29:47] | We’ll watch over your sweethearts. | 我们会照看好你们的女人 |
[29:50] | Teague, why ain’t you fightin’? | 提格 你怎么不上战场 |
[29:52] | ‘Cause he’s too old. | 因为他太老了 |
[30:00] | You might be safer back in Charleston. | 你在查尔斯顿可能还更安全一点 |
[30:07] | But then who’ll be waiting for you? | 但那样谁来等你回家呢 |
[30:10] | Three cheers for North Carolina! | 为北卡罗来纳州欢呼三声 |
[30:11] | – All right. – Three cheers for the South! | -好咧 -为南方军欢呼三声 |
[30:13] | Hip hip hurrah! | 万岁 |
[30:15] | Hip hip hurrah! | 万岁 |
[30:17] | Hip hip hurrah! | 万岁 |
[30:31] | Inman. It belongs to Inman. | 因曼 这是因曼的 |
[30:34] | I got it. He’s here. | 给我吧 他就在这里 |
[30:41] | They found that book you been worryin’ about, soldier. | 他们找到了你一直操心的那本书 士兵 |
[31:26] | Wait. | 等下 |
[31:37] | I found you this book to take with you. | 我给你找来这本书 你可以带着上战场 |
[31:41] | William Bartram. | 威廉·巴特拉姆的 |
[31:45] | They tell me it’s good. | 他们告诉我这是好书 |
[31:48] | I think he writes about these parts, the author, so… | 我觉得这位作家写到了关于那些地方的风土人情 |
[31:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:57] | And this. | 还有这个 |
[32:07] | I’m not smiling in it. | 照片上我没有笑 |
[32:12] | I don’t know how to do that, hold a smile. | 我不知道该怎么 保持笑容 |
[32:41] | – Ada. – What? | -艾达 -怎么了 |
[33:07] | He’ll be back in a month. | 他一个月后就能回来了 |
[33:11] | Kiss her for me. | 帮我亲亲她 |
[33:20] | Come on, let’s go. | 快点 该走了 |
[33:28] | I’ll be waiting for you. | 我会等着你的 |
[34:06] | Lookin’ good, Butcher. | 看着不错啊 布彻 |
[34:08] | Bring home some Yankee scalps, Swimmer. | 带点北方佬的头皮回来 斯威默 |
[34:17] | Look out the window, ladies. | 请往窗外看 姑娘们 |
[34:18] | See what these poor fools are dyin’ for. | 看看这些可怜的蠢货为什么而死 |
[34:22] | How many would still lose a leg for the rich man’s slave? | 有多少人要为富人家的奴隶失去一条腿 |
[34:27] | Most of these soldiers’ll be dead by morning, | 这些士兵大部分到明天早上就死了 |
[34:29] | or if they’re stubborn, by nightfall. | 如果他们求生欲强 能撑到傍晚 |
[34:32] | I’ve other men outside in the courtyard waitin’ for beds, | 外面的院子里还有人在等着床位 |
[34:37] | so any kind word will be a blessin’. | 随便说些好话 对他们都是莫大的安慰 |
[34:44] | It’s the heat, I’m sorry. They rot. | 太热了 很遗憾 肉都快腐烂了 |
[34:47] | Pigeon River… | 鸽子河 |
[34:48] | How are you, son? | 你怎么样了 孩子 |
[34:52] | Cold… Mountain… | 冷 山 |
[34:57] | I-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[34:59] | – You want water? – Cold… Mountain. | -你是要喝水吗 -冷山 |
[35:05] | Cold Mountain? | 冷山 |
[35:08] | Cold Mountain. | 冷山 |
[35:14] | Do you worry when there’s no word from him? From Mr. Inman? | 没有因曼先生的消息 你会担心吗 |
[35:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:26] | But then I’ve tried countin’ the number of words | 然后我就试着去数 |
[35:28] | which have passed between Mr. Inman and me, | 因曼先生和我说过多少话 |
[35:32] | not very many. | 发现并不是很多 |
[35:33] | But I think about him, Daddy, all the time. | 但是我很想他 爸爸 时刻都很想 |
[35:38] | I lost your mother after 22 months of marriage. | 婚后22个月 我就失去了你的母亲 |
[35:44] | It was enough to fill a life. | 那份爱足以填满我的一生了 |
[35:52] | That was the last of the ham. | 那是最后的火腿了 |
[35:55] | – It was delicious. – I have to learn how to cook. | -很好吃 -我得学着做饭 |
[35:58] | I was thinking of saying something in chapel. | 我考虑在教堂说点什么 |
[36:01] | Perhaps some of the womenfolk will volunteer. | 或许一些妇女会乐意来帮忙 |
[36:03] | I can’t have people coming here and cooking for me. | 我不能让人来这里为我做饭 |
[36:08] | I so… | 我真的… |
[36:09] | I so regret… | 我真后悔 |
[36:11] | I should have raised you less like a companion | 我本该把你培养得不那么像个同伴 |
[36:14] | and more like a young woman, | 更像个普通的年轻女子 |
[36:17] | I’m sorry, Ada. And for dragging you here. | 对不起 艾达 我还把你拖来这里 |
[36:22] | I’m not sorry. | 我不觉得后悔 |
[36:27] | I would have followed you anywhere. | 你去哪里我都会跟着 |
[36:32] | – To Mongolia. – Mongolia. | -哪怕是去蒙古 -蒙古 |
[36:36] | But with no one left to work this place, | 但这地方现在没人干活了 |
[36:39] | nothing to buy, nothing left to buy it with… | 没东西买 也没有钱去买 |
[36:43] | I just don’t know how we’re gonna get through another winter. | 我不知道我们要怎么熬过下个冬天 |
[36:49] | Will you play me somethin’? | 你愿意给我弹点什么吗 |
[36:52] | Somethin’ peaceful while I look over my sermon. | 在我准备布道词的时候弹一些安静的曲子 |
[36:55] | It’s too damp out here. You should come inside. | 外面太潮湿了 你该进屋去 |
[36:58] | No. | 不 |
[36:59] | I like it. | 我喜欢外面 |
[37:16] | Daddy, bring the tablecloth in. | 爸爸 把桌布拿进来 |
[37:22] | Come inside before you drown. | 快进屋 免得被淹死 |
[38:12] | You have a letter. | 你有一封信 |
[38:15] | North Carolina. | 北卡罗来纳州寄来的 |
[38:18] | It’s come a long way. | 真是跨越了万水千山而来 |
[38:23] | It’s not too recent. | 不是最近寄出的信 |
[38:26] | It’s written this past winter. | 是去年冬天写的信 |
[38:31] | I’m afraid I can’t read who it’s from. | 恐怕我看不出是谁写的信 |
[38:38] | “Dear Mr. Inman…” | “亲爱的因曼先生 |
[38:41] | “Since you’ve left, | 自你离开之后 |
[38:42] | “time has been measured out in bitter chapters. | 我度日如年 生活凄苦不堪 |
[38:47] | “Last fall, my poor father died. | 去年秋天 我可怜的父亲过世了 |
[38:51] | “Our farm at Black Cove is abandoned. | 我们在黑山坳的农场荒废了 |
[38:57] | “Every house in these mountains touched by tragedy. | 山里的每一户家庭都被惨剧折磨着 |
[39:04] | “Each day the dread… of learning who has fallen… | 每一天 大家都在担心又有谁牺牲了 |
[39:10] | “who will not return from this terrible war. | 又有谁无法从这可怕的战争中归来 |
[39:15] | “And no word from you. | 而你杳无音讯 |
[39:18] | “Are you alive? | 你还活着吗 |
[39:20] | “I pray to God you are. | 我向上帝乞求你平安 |
[39:24] | “This war is lost on the battlefield | 这场战争在战场上输了 |
[39:26] | and is being lost twice over by those who stayed behind.” | 而对于留在后方的人 更是输得惨烈” |
[39:31] | He ain’t comin’ back, you know that. | 他不会回来了 你是知道的 |
[39:39] | You must know that in your heart. | 你内心深处一定清楚得很 |
[39:44] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[39:48] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[39:55] | I’m not nothin’. | 我也不是一无是处 |
[40:00] | “I’m still waiting, as I promised I would. | “我还在痴痴等待着 就像我承诺的那样 |
[40:07] | “But I find myself alone and at the end of my wits… | 但是我孤身一人 我已经没有任何办法了 |
[40:12] | “too embarrassed to keep | 实在没有脸面一直接受 |
[40:13] | “taking from those who can least afford to give.” | 那些尚可以接济的好心人的施舍” |
[40:18] | Ada! It’s Sally! | 艾达 我是莎莉 |
[40:21] | Ada! | 艾达 |
[40:22] | Look at the state of this place, | 瞧瞧这地方破败成了什么样 |
[40:25] | Well, set it on the porch. | 放在门廊吧 |
[40:30] | She let them slaves go free, and now… | 她把奴隶们都释放了 现在… |
[40:33] | Poor soul, she’s got nobody and nothin’, | 可怜的人 她无人依靠 什么也没有 |
[40:36] | and waitin’ on a ghost. | 痴等着一个亡魂 |
[40:49] | Go away. | 走开 |
[40:56] | Devil! | 魔鬼 |
[41:01] | “My last thread of courage now is to put my faith in you… | “现在我最后的一丝勇气 就是始终相信你” |
[41:05] | Come on. | 快点 |
[41:08] | “And to believe I will see you again. | “相信我还会再次见到你 |
[41:12] | “So now I say to you, plain as I can… | 所以我现在要无比直白地对你说 |
[41:18] | “If you are fighting, stop fighting. | 如果你在战斗 请停止战斗吧 |
[41:22] | “If you are marching, stop marching. | 如果你在行军 请停止行军吧 |
[41:28] | “Come back to me. | 回到我身边 |
[41:34] | Come back to me is my request.” | 我请求你回到我身边” |
[41:44] | “Come back to me. | “回到我身边 |
[41:48] | Come back to me is my request.” | 我请求你回到我身边” |
[41:54] | Wounded men, don’t stray from the hospital grounds. | 伤员们 别离开医院太远 |
[42:03] | If they send us back to fight… | 如果他们派我们回去打仗… |
[42:04] | Hey, get your peanuts now, from the blind man. | 快来买花生 买盲人的花生 |
[42:10] | Hey, your hot goobers here. | 嘿 这里有好吃的花生 |
[42:12] | It’s a sad day. | 真是伤感的一天 |
[42:17] | Gettin’ better, soldier? | 好点了吗 士兵 |
[42:20] | Seems that way. | 似乎好点了 |
[42:23] | I wouldn’t hurry. | 如果是我就不着急 |
[42:25] | The war’s almost done. Don’t need your help to lose it. | 战争就快结束了 不管有没有你都会输 |
[42:30] | You got ten minutes now, boys. | 给你们十分钟 小伙子们 |
[42:32] | Ten minutes to get your haircuts and shaves. | 十分钟时间剪头发 刮胡子 |
[42:35] | I’ve been meanin’ to ask you. | 我一直想问你 |
[42:37] | Where’d you take your wound? | 你的伤是怎么来的 |
[42:38] | Oh, before I was born. | 我生下来就有了 |
[42:41] | Never set eyes on a thing in this world. | 从来没看见过这世上的任何东西 |
[42:43] | Not a tree, a gun or a woman. | 树 枪 女人 都没见过 |
[42:47] | Put my hand on all three, though. | 不过这三样我都摸过 |
[42:51] | – What would you give for that? – Huh? | -你愿意付出什么呢 -什么 |
[42:53] | – To have your eyeballs for ten minutes. – Ten minutes? | -如果可以拥有十分钟的视力 -十分钟 |
[42:58] | I wouldn’t give an Indian head cent. | 我一分钱也不会出 |
[43:01] | Might turn me hateful. | 那可能会让我心怀怨恨 |
[43:02] | That’s sure what seein’s done to me. | 看着这个世界 确实让我怨恨 |
[43:04] | No, that’s not the way I meant it. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[43:07] | You said ten minutes. | 你说了只有十分钟 |
[43:10] | It’s havin’ a thing and then the loss of it I’m talking about. | 我说的是拥有后再失去的感觉 |
[43:15] | Then we don’t agree. | 在这点上我不赞同你 |
[43:18] | There’s not much | 有一个地方 |
[43:18] | I wouldn’t give for ten minutes of someplace. | 如果能在那待十分钟 我几乎愿意付出一切 |
[43:20] | Yeah, someplace… or someone. | 好吧 某个地方 还是某个人 |
[43:27] | You watch yourself, now. | 你自己小心点 |
[43:30] | They’re shootin’ men who take themselves a walk. | 他们会打死那些逃跑的人 |
[44:12] | By order of Zebulon Vance, | 奉泽布伦·万斯 |
[44:15] | governor of this great state of North Carolina, | 伟大的北卡罗来纳州州长之命 |
[44:19] | any soldier turned deserter is guilty of treason, | 任何逃跑的士兵都将犯下叛国罪 |
[44:25] | and should be hunted down like a dog. | 应该像丧家之犬一样被追捕 |
[44:29] | Any man who takes in a deserter is likewise guilty of treason. | 所有收留逃兵的人也同样犯有叛国罪 |
[44:34] | The Home Guard is powered to enter any place it sees fit | 乡团有权进入任何可疑的地方 |
[44:38] | without notice or constraint. | 可以不经通知 不受限制 |
[44:41] | Captain Teague needs more volunteers. | 提格队长需要更多志愿者 |
[44:44] | Any man whose age or infirmity | 所有由于年龄或疾病 |
[44:46] | prevents him from fightin’ shall join us | 而无法参加战斗的男性都应当加入我们 |
[44:49] | to protect this county from Yankee raiders and traitors to the cause. | 保护本县免遭北方侵略者和叛徒的荼毒 |
[44:53] | – Is there a letter for me? – Nothin’. | -有我的信吗 -没有 |
[44:55] | We’ve been gettin’ no post through at all. | 最近我们一封信也没收到 |
[44:58] | The sooner we lose this war the better. | 我们越快输掉这场战争越好 |
[45:00] | They say not one boy in ten is comin’ home to these mountains. | 他们说这个山里出去的青年只有不到一成能回来 |
[45:04] | Teague and his rabble throwin’ their weight around. | 提格和他的暴民到处欺压群众 |
[45:06] | They’re worse than the Yankees. | 他们比北方佬还恶劣 |
[45:09] | Might I speak with you, please? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[45:13] | This was the Reverend Monroe’s. | 这是门罗牧师的 |
[45:18] | I don’t know who would want a watch. | 我不知道还有谁会想要一只表 |
[45:23] | Who can bear to look at the time? | 谁还能受得了看时间呢 |
[45:29] | I’ve got a little salt pork you can have. | 我有点咸猪肉可以给你 |
[45:33] | Keep your daddy’s watch. | 把你父亲的表收好 |
[45:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:42] | I was talkin’ to some of the other womenfolk | 我和其他妇女们聊过 |
[45:44] | about maybe lookin’ in on you at Black Cove. | 说也许可以去黑山坳看看你 |
[45:46] | It’s hard right now, but… | 现在时局艰难 但是… |
[45:47] | Oh, no, I manage very well, whatever the talk is. | 不 我过得挺好的 不管别人怎么说 |
[45:53] | I’m very grateful for the pork, | 我非常感激你给的猪肉 |
[45:58] | which I intend to pay for, of course. | 当然我是打算以后付你钱的 |
[46:10] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[46:29] | Ada. | 艾达 |
[46:31] | Ada. | 艾达 |
[46:34] | Why, Ada, you are skinny as a whippet, girl. | 艾达 你怎么弄得和惠比特狗一样瘦 |
[46:38] | You are comin’ indoors with me. | 你要跟我回家 |
[46:40] | No, I can’t. I don’t… | 不 不行 我不… |
[46:45] | I can’t keep countin’ on your kindness. | 我不能一直指望你的好心 |
[46:47] | Now, come on, I’m makin’ a stew. | 快来吧 我在做炖菜 |
[46:49] | We’d be proud to have you. | 如果你能来 我们会很高兴的 |
[46:53] | Esco’s gonna be wantin’ his dinner. | 埃斯科在等着吃晚饭呢 |
[46:55] | I just wanna stop, I tell you. | 告诉你们 我只希望战争结束 |
[46:59] | Sit on the porch with Sal, | 和莎莉一起坐在门廊 |
[47:01] | watch my boys in the fields, | 看着儿子们在田里劳动 |
[47:04] | holler “Good job” every hour or so. | 每个小时喊一声”干得好” |
[47:08] | That’ll be a good day, when our boys get home. | 等儿子们回来 那将会是美好的一天 |
[47:11] | What about your people in Charleston? | 你在查尔斯顿的亲人怎么样 |
[47:17] | There are no people. | 我没有亲人 |
[47:20] | And there’s no money. | 也没有钱 |
[47:23] | My father had some bonds and investments. | 我父亲有一些债券和投资 |
[47:27] | They’re worthless now, of course. | 当然它们现在已经一文不值了 |
[47:30] | The war… | 战争… |
[47:32] | They’re not worth anything. | 那些东西一点价值也没有了 |
[47:35] | I don’t have anywhere else to go. | 我无处可去 |
[47:43] | I don’t wanna go. | 我也不想走 |
[47:47] | You’re waiting on a feller. | 你在等一个人 |
[47:53] | – Look down our well… – Esco… | -去朝我家的井里看… -埃斯科 |
[47:55] | She should. | 她应该这么做 |
[47:58] | If you look down our well with a mirror, | 如果你用一面镜子朝我家的井里看 |
[48:01] | you’ll see the future, it’s what they say. | 你能看见未来 传说是这样的 |
[48:05] | You do it. | 你试过 |
[48:07] | She does it. | 她试过 |
[48:10] | What kind of mirror? | 什么样的镜子 |
[48:13] | We’ll hold on to you, Esco, you hold on. | 我们扶着你 埃斯科 你扶好了 |
[48:15] | I got her. | 我扶稳了 |
[48:17] | We got you. | 有我们扶着你 |
[48:21] | See anything? | 看见什么了吗 |
[48:29] | – I don’t know. – I tried many a time. | -我不知道 -我试过好多次 |
[48:32] | Lookin’ for a sign my boys were comin’ home. | 想找我儿子会回家的迹象 |
[48:35] | I never saw a dickey bird. | 我什么玩意儿也没看见 |
[48:53] | Are you all right? Ada? | 你没事吧 艾达 |
[48:56] | What? What happened? | 怎么了 发生了什么 |
[49:00] | What’d you see? What’d you see? | 你看见了什么 你看见了什么 |
[49:04] | “Yesterday, I saw you walkin’ back to me… | “昨天 我看到你朝我走来 |
[49:08] | “Or thought I did. | 或者我以为我看到了 |
[49:12] | “I found myself crouching over Sally Swanger’s well… | 我趴在莎莉·斯万格家的井边 |
[49:22] | “Like a mad woman staring into its secrets. | 像一个疯女人 凝视着它的秘密 |
[49:27] | “Was it you I saw walking home to me, | 我看到向我走来的那个身影是你吗 |
[49:30] | “or was it your ghost? | 还是你的鬼魂 |
[49:33] | “After so long, I know I must learn to survive on my own | 过了这么久 我知道我必须学会自力更生 |
[49:37] | “and accept you will not return. | 接受你不会回来的事实 |
[49:40] | And yet I cannot. I cannot.” | 然而我不能 我做不到” |
[49:49] | Them cows wants milkin’. | 那些奶牛需要挤奶了 |
[49:51] | If that letter ain’t urgent, | 如果那封信不是那么紧急 |
[49:53] | them cows is is what I’m sayin’. | 那就该先给奶牛挤奶 |
[49:55] | I don’t know you. | 我不认识你 |
[49:57] | Old lady Swanger says you need help. | 斯万格家的说你需要帮助 |
[50:00] | Here I am. | 我就来了 |
[50:03] | I… I need help, but… I need… | 我是需要帮助 但我需要的是… |
[50:05] | I do need help, but I need a laborer. | 我确实需要帮助 但我要的是一个劳工 |
[50:08] | There’s… There’s plowing and rough work. | 要犁地 和干粗活 |
[50:11] | I think there’s been a misunderstanding. | 我想这其中是有什么误会 |
[50:13] | What’s that rake for? | 那个耙子是做什么用的 |
[50:16] | The rake? | 耙子 |
[50:17] | Well, it ain’t for gardenin’, that’s for sure. | 肯定不是种花用的 |
[50:19] | Number one, you got a horse? | 第一 你有马吗 |
[50:21] | I can plow all day. I’m a worker. | 我可以犁一整天的地 我能干活 |
[50:23] | Number two, ain’t no man better’n me, | 第二 没有男人比得上我 |
[50:25] | ’cause there ain’t no man around | 因为这里的男人 |
[50:26] | who ain’t old or full of mischief. | 要么年纪大 要么就是祸害 |
[50:31] | I know your plight. | 我知道你的困境 |
[50:33] | My plight? | 我的困境 |
[50:34] | Am I hard to hear? | 我的话有那么难听懂吗 |
[50:36] | ‘Cause you keep repeatin’ everything. | 因为你一直在重复我的每一句话 |
[50:38] | I ain’t lookin’ for money. | 我不是为了钱 |
[50:39] | I never cared for it and now it ain’t worth nothin’. | 我从来不在乎钱 再说现在钱也一文不值了 |
[50:42] | I expect to board and eat, at the same table. | 我只想要个住宿和吃饭的地方 要在同一张桌上吃 |
[50:45] | I ain’t a servant, if you get my meanin’. | 我不是仆人 你懂我的意思吧 |
[50:47] | You’re not a servant. | 你不是仆人 |
[50:49] | People’s gonna have to empty their own night jars is my point. | 我的意思是 你必须要自己倒夜壶 |
[50:53] | And I don’t expect to work | 而且我也不希望我工作时 |
[50:54] | whilst you sit around and watch, neither. | 你在旁边只是坐着看 |
[50:56] | Right. | 好吧 |
[50:57] | Right. Is that a yes or a no? | “好吧” 你这是同意还是不同意 |
[51:03] | There’s a rooster. | 那里有只公鸡 |
[51:04] | He’s the devil, I’m sure of it. | 我很确定它就是个魔鬼 |
[51:06] | I go near him and he is at me with his spurs. | 我一靠近它 它就用爪子刺我 |
[51:08] | He’s Lucifer himself. | 它就是恶魔路西法 |
[51:11] | I despise a floggin’ rooster. | 我厌恶会攻击人的公鸡 |
[51:15] | Oh, no, I wouldn’t… | 不 我建议你不要… |
[51:17] | My name’s Ruby Thewes. I know your name. | 我叫露比·修斯 我知道你叫什么 |
[51:29] | Let’s put him in a pot. | 我们把它煮了吧 |
[52:35] | You’re my angel, my butterfly. | 你是我的天使 我的蝴蝶 |
[52:41] | Come fly away. | 飞走吧 |
[52:46] | My love… | 我的爱… |
[52:49] | God forgive me for doin’ this. | 上帝请原谅我这么做 |
[52:52] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[52:55] | I’m sendin’ you to a better place. | 我要送你去一个更好的地方 |
[52:59] | You go fly away. | 你飞走吧 |
[53:05] | Don’t do that. | 别那么做 |
[53:06] | Don’t pull that trigger. I’m a man of God. | 别扣扳机 我是信奉上帝的人 |
[53:10] | I killed several of them. | 我杀过好几个这样的人 |
[53:11] | I mean I’m God’s minister. | 我是说我是个牧师 |
[53:14] | What part of God’s business is throwin’ a woman down a gorge? | 把女人扔进峡谷 难道也是上帝的旨意吗 |
[53:18] | A slave woman. | 是女奴隶 |
[53:21] | Can you see that in this light? | 你在这种光线下能看见出来吗 |
[53:22] | Black as a bucket of tar. | 她和焦油一样黑 |
[53:25] | – Is she dead? – No, I drugged her. | -她死了吗 -没有 我给她下了药 |
[53:27] | Like you would a butterfly. | 就像你会对蝴蝶做的那样 |
[53:30] | And I care for her. That’s the heartbreak of it. | 我喜欢她 这正是让人心碎之处 |
[53:33] | She’s got my bastard in her belly. | 她肚子里怀了我的种 |
[53:37] | Come on. | 快点 |
[53:38] | Back up. | 后退 |
[53:41] | – I’m beggin’ you. – Git. | -我求你了 -混蛋 |
[53:44] | It’s better you blow out my brains than return me to this place. | 我宁愿你一枪爆了我的头 也不要回到这里 |
[53:50] | You’re gonna put her back where she sleeps. | 你要把她放回她睡觉的地方 |
[53:55] | I do that, the members will lynch me | 如果我那么做 教徒们会用私刑处死我 |
[53:58] | for sirin’ a bastard while servin’ as their preacher. | 因为我在担任他们的牧师时 搞出了私生子 |
[54:01] | We’re a strict congregation. | 我们是一个严格的教会 |
[54:02] | We’ve churched men for pickin’ up a fiddle on the Sabbath. | 曾有人因为在安息日拉小提琴都被惩罚过 |
[54:06] | So you reckon to kill her? | 所以你就想杀了她吗 |
[54:08] | What, because she’s a slave? | 怎么 就因为她是奴隶吗 |
[54:12] | I… | 我… |
[54:13] | There’s a back door. Have pity. | 你从后门离开吧 可怜可怜我 |
[54:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[54:21] | I was gonna do a grievous wrong. | 我本来要犯下一个大错 |
[54:26] | I think I should go back up to my wife. | 我觉得我应该回到我妻子身边 |
[54:30] | She wakes at the slightest noise. | 微小的声音都能吵醒她 |
[54:35] | Where’s some paper and a pencil? | 哪里有纸和铅笔 |
[54:48] | Hey, Ada! | 嘿 艾达 |
[54:50] | You up? | 你起了吗 |
[54:53] | Yes. | 起了 |
[54:54] | Wha…? It’s still dark. | 怎么了 天还没亮 |
[54:57] | Tell that to the cows. It’s late. | 跟奶牛说这话去吧 已经很晚了 |
[55:06] | You all set? | 你都准备好了吗 |
[55:09] | Oh, I-I just have to eat somethin’. | 我只是得吃点东西 |
[55:11] | Well, then, you got to get up earlier. | 那你应该起得更早 |
[55:13] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[55:16] | A novel. | 小说 |
[55:18] | You wanna carry a book, carry one you can write in. | 你想带书的话 就带一本你可以写的书 |
[55:23] | We got our own story. | 我们有自己的故事 |
[55:25] | It’s called Black Cove Farm: Catastrophe. | 叫作《黑山坳农场:如灾难一般》 |
[55:30] | I can spell it, too. | 我也能拼得出来”灾难”这词 |
[55:32] | Learned it the same place you did, in the schoolhouse. | 和你一样在学校里学的 |
[55:35] | One of the first words they taught me. | 那是他们最先教会我的几个词之一 |
[55:38] | “Ruby Thewes, you are a c-a-t-a-s-t-r-o-p-h-e,” | “露比·修斯 你就是个灾难” |
[55:43] | Three years I was in school, before my daddy… | 我上了三年学 然后我爸… |
[55:46] | Sayin’ God rest his soul | 说「愿他的灵魂安息」 |
[55:47] | is like wishin’ him what he had in life. | 相当于说「愿他如活着时一般安逸」 |
[55:49] | He lived to rest, He was born tired, | 他生来就为休息 出生时就累到了 |
[55:52] | He decided… better use for me | 他决定 更好地利用我 |
[55:55] | than havin’ me sat all day in front of a chalkboard. | 而不是让我整天坐在黑板前 |
[56:06] | Number one, lay out a winter garden for cool-season crops. | 第一 开垦一块菜园 种冬季蔬菜 |
[56:11] | Turnips right there, onions, cabbage. | 要种萝卜 洋葱 白菜 |
[56:17] | Collards. | 卷心菜 |
[56:19] | Number two, patch the shingles on the barn roof. | 第二 把屋顶修好 |
[56:22] | Have we got a maul and frow? | 我们有槌子和长斧吗 |
[56:25] | – Maul? – Maul, M-a-u-l. | -槌子 -槌子 木槌的槌 |
[56:29] | Number three, clear and turn this field. | 第三 把这块地翻了 |
[56:39] | No harm done lettin’ it go, now we’ll do well. | 没理由荒废了 现在我们会好好耕种 |
[56:43] | Number 15… | 第十五 |
[56:45] | – 18, number 16… – Number 16… | -第十六… -第十六 |
[56:47] | Put up some gourds for a martin colony. Keep away these crows. | 用葫芦瓢给燕子做窝 它们能赶走乌鸦 |
[56:51] | One thing in abundance on this farm, and that’s crows. | 这农场乌鸦太多了 |
[56:54] | Shut the gate. | 关上栅栏门 |
[57:40] | I’d pay a dollar for an egg. | 我愿用一美元换一个鸡蛋 |
[57:44] | I’ve got no quarrel with you. | 我跟你们没有过节 |
[57:48] | Am I near the Cape Fear River? | 我快到开普菲尔河了吗 |
[58:23] | Home Guard! Get back there! | 是乡团 快后退 |
[58:26] | Runaways! | 有逃兵 |
[58:34] | Come on, boys! | 快点 兄弟们 |
[58:37] | Let’s get ’em! | 快抓住他们 |
[58:39] | They’re spreadin’ out in the field! | 他们逃进玉米地里了 |
[58:46] | – Come back here! – They’re in the field. | -快回来 -他们在玉米地里 |
[58:48] | They’re in the field! | 他们在玉米地里 |
[59:00] | I can get you outta here. | 我能带你离开这里 |
[59:08] | I daresay that’s Home Guard followin’ you. | 我敢说追你的一定是乡团兵 |
[59:12] | They’re out on the road, huntin’ down deserters. | 他们沿路追杀逃兵 |
[59:15] | And I don’t recommend that way. | 我不建议你走那条路 |
[59:18] | You’ll meet half the town | 你会遇到半个镇上的人 |
[59:19] | comin’ after me with a noose, | 他们都在追杀我 想把我绞死 |
[59:21] | thanks to you, | 都是拜你所赐 |
[59:22] | I should have shot you when I had the chance. | 我真该在有机会时就毙了你 |
[59:24] | I know where there’s a ferry crossin’. | 我知道哪里有船可以渡河 |
[59:27] | Or you can stubborn yourself to death. | 或者你可以继续固执 害死自己 |
[59:30] | – If this is a trap… – Please yourself, | -如果这是个陷阱… -随你怎么想 |
[59:33] | I’m just bein’ a Christian. | 我只是想当个好心的基督徒 |
[59:36] | – You got any money? – $5. | -你有钱吗 -5美元 |
[59:39] | For $5 I wouldn’t give a parched man a dipper of this river water. | 就5美元 我连河水都不让你喝 |
[59:42] | The sign says “Ferry $5”. | 牌子写着”渡河5美元” |
[59:45] | Nobody crosses these waters unless they’re runnin’ from someplace. | 只有逃亡的人 才会选择从这里渡河 |
[59:50] | You wanna wait for your friends? | 你想等你的”朋友们”追来吗 |
[59:53] | I can give you $30 Confederate. | 我可以给你30美元 |
[59:55] | Well, all right, let’s go. | 行 我们走 |
[59:57] | Whatever that’s worth. | 鬼知道那些钱现在还值多少 |
[1:00:05] | They cut off my hair. | 他们剪掉了我的头发 |
[1:00:08] | That was hard. | 真是太叫人难过了 |
[1:00:11] | I was vain about my hair. | 我以前很喜欢炫耀我的头发 |
[1:00:14] | I had curls. | 我有一头卷发 |
[1:00:17] | But I deserved it. | 但是我活该 |
[1:00:20] | I’m the Reverend Veasey, have I seen you in church? | 我是瓦西牧师 我们在教堂见过吗 |
[1:00:25] | No, not likely to, neither. | 没有 也不太可能 |
[1:00:28] | I’d say these days, the devil rules the roost. | 我觉得现在就是魔鬼的天下 |
[1:00:35] | 30 more dollars, we can go over to that cabin | 再给30美元 我们就可以去那个小屋 |
[1:00:37] | and I can pull this dress over my head. | 然后我把裙子掀起来 |
[1:00:42] | Have we got $30? | 我们还有30美元吗 |
[1:00:46] | – Get down! – I got one. | -趴下 -我打中一个 |
[1:00:59] | Is there any other way to cross? | 还有其他渡河的方法吗 |
[1:01:00] | Barge or boat. The water’s full of gators. | 只能用驳船或小船 这河里全是鳄鱼 |
[1:01:04] | What’s this wood? | 这是什么木头 |
[1:01:06] | – I don’t know. – In. | -我不知道 -塞进去 |
[1:01:10] | – I don’t know. – Pine. | -我不知道 -松木 |
[1:01:11] | – Locust? – Pine, where’s North? | -槐树吗 -是松木 北边在哪 |
[1:01:15] | North? | 北边 |
[1:01:19] | Name me three herbs that grow wild on this farm. | 告诉我三种这农场里疯狂生长的野草 |
[1:01:21] | I can’t, I can’t, all right? | 我不知道 不知道 行了吗 |
[1:01:25] | I can talk about farming in Latin. | 我可以用拉丁语谈论农业 |
[1:01:29] | I can… I can read French. | 我会 我能看懂法语 |
[1:01:32] | I know how to lace up a corset, God knows. | 我知道怎么系束胸衣 老天呐 |
[1:01:35] | I can name the principal rivers in Europe. | 我能说出欧洲的主要河流 |
[1:01:37] | Just don’t ask me to name one stream in this county! | 但别问我这个县里任何小溪的名字 |
[1:01:41] | I can… I can embroider but I can’t darn! | 我会…我会做刺绣 但我不会缝补衣物 |
[1:01:44] | I can arrange cut flowers but I can’t grow them! | 我会插花 却不会种花 |
[1:01:51] | If a thing has a function, | 如果某样东西有实际功能 |
[1:01:52] | if I might do something with it, | 如果我能用它做点什么 |
[1:01:54] | then it wasn’t considered suitable! | 那就会被认为是我不该做的 |
[1:01:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:02:04] | Ruby, you can ask why about pretty much everything to do with me. | 露比 关于我的一切 你几乎都会难以理解 |
[1:02:11] | This fence is about the first thing that I’ve ever done | 这个栅栏大概是我这辈子做的第一件 |
[1:02:16] | that might produce an actual result. | 可能有点实际作用的事 |
[1:02:29] | So you never wrapped your legs around this Inman? | 所以你从没和那个叫因曼的家伙睡过吗 |
[1:02:39] | Come on. | 快干活 |
[1:03:27] | Fine piano. | 钢琴不错 |
[1:03:54] | If we’re careful, now we’ll get through winter. | 如果我们省着点 就能挨过冬天 |
[1:03:57] | I got old man Roy to give me ten of them sheep, | 我让罗伊老爷子给我十头羊 |
[1:04:00] | on account of I said they’s so small, | 因为我说它们太小 |
[1:04:02] | put together they weren’t no bigger than six proper sheep. | 加一起也抵不过六头正常大小的羊 |
[1:04:06] | My father always wanted sheep on this farm. | 我父亲生前一直希望在这里养羊 |
[1:04:12] | I cut off my hair once for money. | 我曾卖过头发 |
[1:04:15] | My daddy got $2 for it. | 我爸拿了两美元 |
[1:04:17] | Made a wig for some rich feller in Raleigh. | 给罗利的富人做了假发 |
[1:04:23] | I’m just sayin’ I’m real sorry you had to lose your piano. | 我只是想说 我很遗憾你得卖掉钢琴 |
[1:04:27] | Ruby, it was my idea. | 露比 是我主动要卖的 |
[1:04:29] | Stobrod liked to call himself a musician. | 斯托布罗德总说自己是音乐家 |
[1:04:32] | My daddy, he could play six tunes on a fiddle. | 我爸能在小提琴上拉出六个音 |
[1:04:37] | Got hisself shot dead at Petersburg. | 结果在彼得斯堡中弹身亡 |
[1:04:41] | I was like his goat. | 我就像他的羊 |
[1:04:44] | Or some critter tethered to a post. | 或其他拴着的牲畜 |
[1:04:50] | He left me once. Up in them mountains. | 他曾抛弃过我 就在那些山上 |
[1:04:53] | I was eight. He was gone over two and a half weeks. | 当时我8岁 他离开了两周半多 |
[1:04:56] | He left you? | 他抛弃了你 |
[1:05:00] | Uh-huh, I was all right. | 嗯 我没事 |
[1:05:04] | My daddy, he’d walk 40 miles for liquor | 我爸那个人 宁可走40英里喝杯酒 |
[1:05:07] | and not 40 inches for kindness. | 却不愿为了示好走40英寸 |
[1:05:11] | I’m so plugged up. | 我严重便秘了 |
[1:05:14] | Used to be as regular as morning prayers. | 以前我每天早上的屎意就和晨祷一样准时 |
[1:05:18] | Matter of fact, I could set my watch by my bowels. | 实际上 我可以根据肠子反应来调表 |
[1:05:23] | Open my gut now, | 现在切开我的肠子 |
[1:05:25] | they’d find turds stacked up like little black twigs. | 屎肯定像黑树枝一样又硬又多 |
[1:05:31] | Home Guard! | 是乡团 |
[1:05:49] | – Look at this. – Keep your voice down. | -快看这个 -小声点 |
[1:05:54] | Look at this! | 快看啊 |
[1:05:57] | – It’s a good saw! – And it’s not yours. | -是把好锯 -又不是你的 |
[1:06:01] | You’re a Christian. Don’t you know your Commandments? | 你是个基督徒 你不知道十诫吗 |
[1:06:06] | You’ll find the good Lord | 你会发现好心的上帝 |
[1:06:07] | very flexible on the subject of property. | 在财产这方面是很懂得变通的 |
[1:06:12] | We could do a lot with this saw. | 我们能用这把锯子做好多事 |
[1:06:15] | Cut down a tree. Play music with it. | 砍树 奏乐 |
[1:06:21] | You’re gonna thank me for this saw. | 你会为这把锯子感谢我的 |
[1:06:23] | I’ll say thank you when I’ve lost you and I’ve found some food. | 等我甩掉你 找到食物后才会感谢你 |
[1:06:27] | You’ll see, you’ll thank me. | 等着瞧吧 你会感谢我的 |
[1:06:47] | Good day to you. | 你好啊 |
[1:06:56] | My old bull… wandered off… and died in this here creek. | 我的老牛 走失了 死在这溪里 |
[1:07:02] | Poisonin’ up our water is how I found him. | 把我们喝的水都变臭了 我才发现它 |
[1:07:08] | Thank you, you are a true Christian. | 谢谢 你是个真正的基督徒 |
[1:07:13] | That’s a rank odor from that animal. | 这牛的腐烂气味也太臭了 |
[1:07:15] | Been dead a good while, I reckon. | 估计死了好一阵了 |
[1:07:18] | This is a tricky one. | 这可不好办 |
[1:07:23] | You fellers help me out, my woman’ll cook you up a good dinner. | 你们帮我 我老婆能给你们做顿美味大餐 |
[1:07:27] | I’m gettin’ an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[1:07:31] | My saw’s the remedy. | 用这把锯子 |
[1:07:33] | I believe you need two people, one on either end. | 我觉得需要两个人 两头各站一个 |
[1:07:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:07:38] | Give me that saw. | 把锯子给我 |
[1:07:46] | Let’s do this in chapters. | 分段锯开 |
[1:07:48] | – That’s right. – Yeah. | -没错 -好 |
[1:07:49] | Start at the neck. | 从脖子开始 |
[1:07:57] | Oh, well… That is unpleasant. | 好吧 真恶心 |
[1:08:02] | There’s my place. | 那就是我家 |
[1:08:04] | Hope you can stomach a yard chock full of female. | 希望你们受得了一屋子的女人 |
[1:08:08] | Oh, God. Oh, my God. | 天呐 我的天 |
[1:08:11] | Hallelujah. | 哈利路亚 |
[1:08:12] | Hallelujah! Oh, hallelujah! The Israelites! | 哈利路亚 哈利路亚 以色列人 |
[1:08:18] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[1:08:19] | He’s got a shit comin’. It’s overdue. | 他要拉屎了 便秘好久了 |
[1:08:22] | The tribes of Israel are about to flee from the banks of Egypt! | 以色列支族要从埃及河岸逃走了 |
[1:08:28] | Good God. | 老天呐 |
[1:08:31] | These boys are stoppin’ for supper! | 这两位朋友要来家里吃晚饭 |
[1:08:39] | Brought my woman home, | 当初我把我老婆带回家 |
[1:08:41] | she showed up with her three sisters, so-called, and their brats. | 结果她带了三个姐妹和她们的孩子 |
[1:08:45] | That’s Mae, Dolly, Shyla, | 那是梅 多莉 夏拉 |
[1:08:48] | and the pretty one in blue is my wife, Lila. | 穿蓝衣服的漂亮姑娘是我老婆 莱拉 |
[1:08:53] | Those are fine examples of the female. | 满屋子的漂亮女人啊 |
[1:09:12] | Oh, I’m about to pass out. | 我快醉倒了 |
[1:09:15] | My home brew sneaks up on you, it curdles your durdles. | 自家酿的酒上头了啊 让你反应变得迟钝 |
[1:09:20] | Oh, oh, look, he’s gone now. | 快看 他醉了 |
[1:09:23] | Look, he’s gone now. | 快看 他醉了 |
[1:09:26] | His eyes, they’ve gone. | 他的眼神 都迷离了 |
[1:09:28] | – His eyes are gone. – What? | -他的眼神都迷离了 -什么 |
[1:09:31] | Gone, gone, gone, gone! | 醉了 醉了 醉了 醉了 |
[1:09:39] | I’m leavin’ soon as I’m full, y’all havin’ too much fun for me. | 我吃饱了就走 你们太让我开心了 |
[1:09:43] | Really? Goodbye. | 真的吗 再见 |
[1:09:45] | Well, yeah, I got a bunch of traps need visitin’, | 是 我得去查看设置的一些陷阱 |
[1:09:48] | but I’ll be back before… before dark tomorrow. | 但我明天天黑之前会回来 |
[1:09:52] | – Y’all still be here? – That’s my fervent prayer. | -你们还会在这吧 -我正希望如此 |
[1:09:56] | I’ll say my goodbyes, I gotta go. | 我就此告别了 我得走了 |
[1:09:59] | I got miles and miles and miles | 我还有好远好远 |
[1:10:03] | and miles ahead of me before I reach the Blue Ridge. | 好远的路要走 才能到达蓝领山脉 |
[1:10:06] | Blue Ridge? What’s the hurry? | 蓝领山脉 这么急干什么 |
[1:10:09] | – Maybe I will just lie down a moment. – Yeah. | -也许我可以躺一小会 -没错 |
[1:10:12] | – This house is on a bit of a tilt. – Yeah, it is a bit crooked. | -这房子有点斜 -没错 是有点歪 |
[1:10:21] | Lie down. | 躺下吧 |
[1:10:23] | What about you, Reverend? | 你呢 牧师 |
[1:10:26] | I’m headin’ for that smokehouse. | 我要去那个烟熏房 |
[1:10:29] | And I’m ready to be washed clean of my dirt. | 准备洗洗干净身上的泥 |
[1:10:32] | Yeah, Mae, you go tend to him. | 好的 梅 你去照顾他 |
[1:10:35] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:10:36] | Y’all get to bed. | 你们都去睡觉 |
[1:10:39] | Everybody else got their job. | 其他人都有活儿干 |
[1:10:41] | – Come on, get to bed. – Now? | -来吧 去睡觉 -现在吗 |
[1:10:43] | Everybody to bed, Lila. you stay with them kids. | 大家都去睡觉 莱拉 你负责照看孩子 |
[1:10:47] | Get on up those stairs. | 上楼去 |
[1:10:49] | I’ll be seein’ you. | 我们回头见 |
[1:10:54] | Look… | 听着 |
[1:10:55] | He’s mine, you go rub yourself off on the preacher. | 他是我的 你去找那个牧师 |
[1:10:59] | I’m gonna make him hug me till I grunt. | 我要让他抱着我 直到我意乱情迷 |
[1:11:03] | He’s purty, ain’t he? | 他很英俊 不是吗 |
[1:11:06] | Git. | 傻子 |
[1:11:09] | She ain’t even supposed to get a man. | 她都不该跟男人鬼混的 |
[1:11:23] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[1:11:27] | I… | 我… |
[1:11:30] | How about that? | 这样如何 |
[1:11:32] | – What does that favor? – I… | -喜欢吗 -我… |
[1:11:37] | -…gotta go. – Get on, | -我得走了 -骑上来 |
[1:11:40] | and ride me all the way to China. | 操死我吧 |
[1:11:57] | You shy? | 不好意思吗 |
[1:11:59] | – Do you need a hand? – No, uh… | -要我帮你吗 -不了 |
[1:12:01] | Let’s have a look and see what we can muster. | 让我看看 看能不能让你下面硬起来 |
[1:12:06] | Oh, no, look what you made me do. | 不要 看你干的好事 |
[1:12:11] | Slut! | 荡妇 |
[1:12:13] | Home Guard! | 乡团 |
[1:12:15] | Cover yourself up! | 把衣服披上 |
[1:12:17] | I told you, you don’t touch the money! | 我跟你说了 不能动摇钱树 |
[1:12:24] | I had a special prayer you’d come visit. | 我向上帝特别祷告 希望你也能加入进来 |
[1:12:28] | – Get up. – Evenin’, Hank, | -起来 -晚上好 汉克 |
[1:12:31] | Evenin’, Hank. | 晚上好啊 汉克 |
[1:12:33] | – Took your time. – I said get up! | -过了这么久才来啊 -我叫你起来 |
[1:12:37] | Get in line, you fools fall for it every time. | 站一排 你们这群蠢货就没有哪次不上当的 |
[1:12:43] | God will judge you, you Judas. | 你会受到上帝的审判 叛徒犹大 |
[1:12:46] | – Thanks. – God will judge you! | -谢谢 -你会受到上帝的审判 |
[1:12:50] | Move out! | 走了 |
[1:12:51] | Our lives are on your rotten soul. | 你害了我们的性命 必将下地狱 |
[1:12:54] | – Mister? – Your rotten soul! | -先生 -你堕落的灵魂 |
[1:12:57] | Shut your mouth! | 闭嘴 |
[1:13:00] | – Pleasure doin’ business with you, boys. – Judas! | -合作愉快 小伙子们 -叛徒犹大 |
[1:13:03] | Save your breath, | 歇口气吧 |
[1:13:05] | you got a long walk back to the fightin’. | 回战场的路还长得很呢 |
[1:13:13] | Ada Monroe and Ruby Thewes, look at you both. | 艾达·门罗和露比·修斯 瞧瞧你们两个 |
[1:13:16] | Look at us both what? | 我们怎么了 |
[1:13:18] | Like a couple of scarecrows after a thunderstorm. | 就像一对雷雨天后的稻草人 |
[1:13:20] | We need a scarecrow. | 我们要弄个稻草人 |
[1:13:22] | Birds done ate up half our winter garden. | 我们的冬季菜园被鸟啃光了一半 |
[1:13:25] | For all your kindness, coffee… and a pie. | 为了感谢您的好意 这是咖啡和派 |
[1:13:29] | And that’s real coffee. | 那可是货真价实的咖啡 |
[1:13:30] | It ain’t chicory and dirt. | 不是什么菊苣做的替代品 |
[1:13:32] | Found a sack hid in the larder. | 在食品柜里找到这么一袋 |
[1:13:35] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们 |
[1:13:38] | Ruby, I look forward to this, we all do. | 露比 我们真是太需要这些了 |
[1:13:42] | Esco and me. | 我和埃斯科都需要 |
[1:13:44] | – She made it. – I made it. | -她做的 -是我做的 |
[1:13:49] | Good God in heaven. | 天上的上帝啊 |
[1:13:51] | I’m still livin’. | 我还活着呢 |
[1:13:54] | Well, I know Esco’s gonna be real sorry he missed you. | 这下埃斯科肯定会后悔没留住你了 |
[1:14:16] | – Strike you as odd? – What? | -你不觉得有点蹊跷吗 -什么 |
[1:14:19] | – Stood at her front door. – I know. | -她就站在门口不让我们进 -是啊 |
[1:14:23] | Number one, I knowed that woman all my life. | 第一 我认识那婆娘一辈子了 |
[1:14:25] | I never stood outside her house. | 她无论如何都会招呼我进屋坐 |
[1:14:27] | She’d let a wolf in if it knocked at the door. | 就算是野狼敲门 她也会让进的 |
[1:14:31] | Perhaps… | 可能… |
[1:14:32] | I don’t know, perhaps she was busy. | 我也不知道 可能是没空吧 |
[1:14:35] | Number two, old man Swanger’s inside that house. | 第二 斯万格那个老头肯定在屋里 |
[1:14:37] | I could smell his pipe burnin’. | 我都闻到了他抽烟斗的味道 |
[1:14:41] | – Number three, look at them fields. – What about them? | -第三 看看他们家的地 -怎么了 |
[1:14:45] | We come by here a week ago | 我们一周前经过的时候 |
[1:14:48] | and they was waist-high in hay. | 杂草都齐腰深了 |
[1:14:50] | You tellin’ me that’s work for one old man and his dog? | 光靠一个老头和一条狗能这么快就清理完吗 |
[1:15:02] | Yankees! Yankees! | 是北方佬 北方佬来了 |
[1:15:04] | Cavalry! Federal raiders! | 是骑兵 联邦突击队的 |
[1:15:07] | Just over that hill, | 就在那边山上 |
[1:15:09] | – Get those sacks of shit up that hill. – Come on! | -把这群废物赶上坡 -快点 |
[1:15:20] | Get those horses under cover, if they see us, we’re dead. | 把马都藏起来 要是被发现我们就完了 |
[1:15:25] | Make a move, make a noise… | 别乱动 别出声 |
[1:16:02] | I’m gettin’ out of this. | 我要脱身 |
[1:16:04] | I’m not gettin’ shot again for some cause I don’t believe in. | 我才不要为了我不信奉的大业再次中枪 |
[1:16:08] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 一起走 |
[1:16:10] | Come on, they can’t shoot, come on. | 快点 他们不敢开枪 快跑 |
[1:16:16] | Keep goin’! Come on! | 别怕 快走 |
[1:16:18] | Bayonets. | 用刺刀 |
[1:16:22] | Come on! | 快跑 |
[1:16:54] | Grab their boots and rifles! Let’s move on! | 拿走他们的靴子和步枪 继续上路 |
[1:16:58] | Let’s go! | 快走 |
[1:17:16] | That scarecrow ain’t gonna frighten off no Yankee. | 稻草人可吓不跑北方佬 |
[1:17:20] | Or are you tryin’ to make a man for yourself? | 还是说你想亲手给自己做个男人 |
[1:17:23] | No. | 不是 |
[1:17:26] | I come by… a few days. | 我隔几天就会来一次 |
[1:17:30] | I don’t pass by. | 不是顺道路过 |
[1:17:32] | – Lookin’ out for you. – I know. | -是特意来照看你 -我明白 |
[1:17:37] | I see you. | 我看到你了 |
[1:17:41] | – And I don’t like it. – Where’s your little servant girl? | -我不喜欢这样 -你那仆人去哪了 |
[1:17:44] | Ruby, she tradin’ off more of your daddy’s silver? | 露比 她在偷卖你爸的银器吗 |
[1:17:48] | – Stop it! – Her nose is in the butter. | -别说了 -她觊觎你家财产 |
[1:17:50] | Her nose is right in your butter! | 她就是觊觎你家的财产 |
[1:18:03] | This farm’s got my name on it! | 这座农场本来是属于我的 |
[1:18:06] | You listenin’, woman? | 听到了吗 女人 |
[1:18:07] | You’re gonna need more than a scarecrow! | 靠一个稻草人是不管用的 |
[1:19:38] | Sal. | 莎莉 |
[1:19:50] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[1:19:54] | Don’t spread out, why are they spreadin’ out? | 别散开 为什么围着我站 |
[1:19:58] | I never seen a man work a field with a shotgun before. | 我没见过有人犁地还带枪的 |
[1:20:01] | There’s a war on. | 现在是战争时期 |
[1:20:02] | Get off my land. | 滚出我的土地 |
[1:20:05] | – Your boys come home? – Ain’t seen my boys in four years. | -你的儿子们都回家了吗 -四年没见过了 |
[1:20:09] | They’re out fightin’ other boys, not old men and women. | 他们在外和同龄人作战 而不是打老弱病残 |
[1:20:11] | So you won’t mind if we look around? | 那你不介意我们四处看看吧 |
[1:20:15] | ‘Cause we think they’re here. | 我们认为他们就躲在这里 |
[1:20:17] | We think you’ve got ’em hid up somewhere. | 我们认为你们把他们藏起来了 |
[1:20:19] | What I gotta give you? Chicken? Lamb? | 你要什么我可以给 鸡还是羊 |
[1:20:25] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[1:20:27] | The thing is, you’ve only got one barrel. | 问题是 你只有一杆枪 |
[1:20:30] | And there’s five of us, that’s not a fair fight. | 我们有五个人 你有点寡不敌众 |
[1:20:38] | King of kings! | 万王之王 |
[1:20:44] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[1:20:48] | You’re harboring deserters, | 你在窝藏逃兵 |
[1:20:50] | I could confiscate this farm and everything on it. | 我有权没收这座农场和上面的所有东西 |
[1:20:52] | Every plate, every sheep, every little pellet of chickenshit. | 把每块盘子 每头羊 任何小东西都充公 |
[1:20:56] | I could confiscate your old lady’s asshole. | 我甚至可以没收你家老太婆的屁眼 |
[1:20:58] | So don’t you offer me no bird. | 所以赶紧交人 |
[1:21:22] | Come on, boys! | 出来吧 小伙子们 |
[1:21:25] | Mama’s callin’! | 妈妈在喊你们呢 |
[1:21:35] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[1:21:37] | No! | 别出来 |
[1:21:39] | Mama! Mama! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[1:21:43] | No! | 别过来 |
[1:22:23] | Buggery and shit! | 操你妈的 |
[1:22:26] | If I’da known you were this heavy, | 要知道你这么重 |
[1:22:28] | I’da left you in those chains. | 我就懒得救你了 |
[1:22:51] | Sally! | 莎莉 |
[1:22:53] | No! | 不 |
[1:22:55] | No! | 不要 |
[1:22:59] | Oh, God, Sally? | 天啊 莎莉 |
[1:23:01] | Ada! | 艾达 |
[1:23:03] | All right, all right! | 来 一起用力 |
[1:23:08] | Darlin’, what? | 亲爱的 你想说什么 |
[1:23:11] | She’s sayin’ “Don’t bother”! Go! | 她说别管她 给我抬 |
[1:23:18] | Get her neck! | 护住脖子 |
[1:23:21] | – Sally! – Get her neck. | -莎莉 -护住她的脖子 |
[1:23:27] | This world won’t stand long. | 这种世道不会长久 |
[1:23:31] | God won’t let it… | 上帝绝不会纵容 |
[1:23:34] | stand this way long. | 让这样的世道长久 |
[1:23:42] | How long have I been sleepin’? | 我睡了多久 |
[1:23:44] | Two days, three days, not long enough. | 两三天吧 你应该再多睡会儿 |
[1:23:48] | – I can’t stop here. – Sit down before you fall down. | -我不能在这里久留 -快坐下 免得摔倒了 |
[1:23:52] | I’m a deserter, | 我是逃兵 |
[1:23:55] | if they find me here, things could be bad for you. | 他们要是在这里发现我 你也不会有好下场的 |
[1:23:58] | What are they gonna do? Cut short my young life? | 他们能拿我怎么办 我一把年纪 本就离死不远了 |
[1:24:10] | I’ve learned a person can pretty much survive off of a goat. | 只要有一只山羊 人就能得以存活 |
[1:24:14] | A goat gives you company, | 山羊会给予你陪伴 |
[1:24:16] | and milk, | 羊奶 |
[1:24:18] | and cheese, | 和奶酪 |
[1:24:21] | and, when you need it, | 当你真正需要的时候 |
[1:24:23] | good meat. | 还能提供羊肉 |
[1:24:28] | That’s my beauty. | 真是个小乖乖 |
[1:24:30] | There’s my beauty. | 好了 真乖 |
[1:24:33] | So you been fightin’. | 这么说你一直在打仗 |
[1:24:38] | I could be at killin’… for days. | 我可能会连续杀人 好几天 |
[1:24:44] | My feet against the feet of my enemy. | 我和敌人短兵相接 |
[1:24:48] | And I always killed him. | 我总能将对方杀害 |
[1:24:54] | He never killed me, | 但他们从未把我杀死 |
[1:24:57] | I don’t know why. | 我不知为何 |
[1:25:00] | Gave it a try, to look at ya. | 至少也曾尝试过杀死你 瞧瞧你这惨样 |
[1:25:05] | Yeah, I guess he did. | 是啊 的确如此 |
[1:25:07] | See, I think there’s a plan. | 我觉得一切都是天注定 |
[1:25:09] | There’s a design for each and every one of us. | 我们每个人从出生起 命运就已注定 |
[1:25:11] | You look at nature. | 看看大自然 |
[1:25:13] | Bird flies somewhere, picks up a seed, | 鸟儿在某处吞食一粒种子 |
[1:25:15] | shits the seed out, plant grows. | 种子被排泄出来后 植物就长出来 |
[1:25:18] | Bird’s got a job, shit’s got a job, seed’s got a job. | 鸟有职责 粪便有职责 种子也有职责 |
[1:25:25] | And you’ve got a job. | 你也有你的职责 |
[1:25:28] | You done good, goat. | 辛苦了 山羊 |
[1:25:31] | You were a real beauty. | 你是个小乖乖 |
[1:25:46] | Sometimes I think I’m crazy when I’m just hungry. | 有时候太饿了 我就会觉得我像是疯了一样 |
[1:25:50] | Now drink this, It eases the pain, and you’ll sleep. | 喝了这杯 能止疼助眠 |
[1:26:02] | Is she waitin’ for ya, this Ada Monroe? | 这个叫艾达·门罗的姑娘在等你吗 |
[1:26:06] | She was. | 她之前是在等我 |
[1:26:08] | I don’t know, | 我也说不准 |
[1:26:11] | or even if she knows me. | 不知道她现在还记不记得我 |
[1:26:14] | Lie down. | 躺好 |
[1:26:17] | I’m like the boy who goes for wood in winter | 我就像是个小伙子冬天去森林伐木 |
[1:26:19] | and comes back in spring with a whistle. | 春天吹着口哨归来 |
[1:26:24] | Like every fool sent off to fight with a flag and a lie. | 就像每个举着旗帜 被谎言欺骗 血战沙场的傻子 |
[1:26:31] | That’s the laudanum gettin’ to ya. That’s good. | 鸦片酊的药劲上来了 很好 |
[1:26:36] | Say somethin’ more. | 继续说别停 |
[1:26:42] | She got me a book. | 她送了我一本书 |
[1:26:46] | Ada Monroe. | 艾达·门罗 |
[1:26:50] | A man by the name of Bartram, | 作者名叫巴特拉姆 |
[1:26:54] | he wrote about his travels. | 内容是他的游记 |
[1:26:58] | Sometimes… | 有时候 |
[1:27:00] | Just readin’ the name of a place… near home… | 只要读到家乡附近的 地名 |
[1:27:11] | Sorell Cove. | 索罗山坳 |
[1:27:15] | Bishop’s Creek. | 主教溪 |
[1:27:18] | Those places belonged to people before us, | 这些地方属于我们的前人 |
[1:27:23] | to the Cherokee. | 属于切罗基人 |
[1:27:25] | What did he call Cold Mountain? | 他将那里取名为冷山 |
[1:27:31] | How could a name… | 为什么一个名字 |
[1:27:34] | not even a real name… | 一个虚构的名字 |
[1:27:39] | break your heart? | 就能让你肝肠寸断 |
[1:27:45] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[1:27:50] | She’s the place I’m headin’. | 她就是我心之所向 |
[1:27:55] | And I hardly know her, I hardly know her! | 但我都不怎么了解她 我都不怎么了解她 |
[1:28:03] | And I just can’t seem to get back to her. | 我似乎永远无法回到她身边 |
[1:28:11] | “To have traveled so far, from East to West, | “一路长途跋涉 从东向西 |
[1:28:16] | a thousand terrible miles. “ | 不远数万里” |
[1:28:19] | I have to close my eyes. | 我要睡觉了 |
[1:28:20] | “My feet treadin’ all God’s surface, | “我的双脚踏遍上帝的疆土 |
[1:28:24] | His ocean, his swamps, his slopes and ridges, | 祂的海洋 沼泽 斜坡 山脊 |
[1:28:28] | to find myself, at last, a mark in the aching snow. | 最终发现自己不过是皑皑白雪里的一个印记 |
[1:28:34] | From whence I beheld through a blue haze | 从此处 我的目光穿过一层蓝色的薄雾 |
[1:28:37] | a world of mountains piled upon mountains,” | 睥见满世界的重峦叠嶂” |
[1:28:42] | Ada! | 艾达 |
[1:28:45] | Ada! | 艾达 |
[1:28:52] | – It’s a man! – What is? | -是个男的 -什么东西 |
[1:28:54] | Raidin’ our corncrib! Got him in the trap! | 想打劫我们的玉米谷仓 结果踩到了陷阱 |
[1:28:56] | That’s him yelpin’! | 疼得直叫唤呢 |
[1:29:00] | – Help! – Here. | -救命 -在这 |
[1:29:03] | Help! | 救命 |
[1:29:05] | Damn. | 该死的 |
[1:29:06] | Listen up! | 听好了 |
[1:29:08] | You got… Aim! | 你有…瞄准他 |
[1:29:10] | You got a barrel trained on your rear end! | 你屁股后面有把枪正指着你 |
[1:29:13] | – Get me outta this dang thing! – You got a weapon? | -快救我出去 -你有武器吗 |
[1:29:16] | No, ma’am. I’m… My fists are about to drop off. | 没有 夫人 我 我的手要断掉了 |
[1:29:21] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[1:29:24] | – Stobrod Thewes! – Ruby? | -斯托布罗德·修斯 -露比 |
[1:29:33] | That’s my daddy. | 那是我爸 |
[1:29:37] | Just so’s you know, I can eat while she’s doin’ this. | 我只想让你知道 她给我包扎时 我还可以吃饭 |
[1:29:40] | Just so’s you know, you ain’t eatin’ inside. | 我也想让你知道 你不能在里面吃 |
[1:29:43] | Number one, they hang people round here for takin’ in. deserters. | 第一 他们会绞死收留逃兵的人 |
[1:29:48] | Number two, even if they was givin’ out prizes, | 第二 就算他们褒奖收留逃兵的人 |
[1:29:52] | you’d still eat outside. | 你还是得在外面吃 |
[1:29:54] | – You’re scarred. – I’m what? | -你受伤了 -我什么了 |
[1:29:57] | Your heart, scarred, I did wrong to ya. | 你的心 受伤了 我伤害了你 |
[1:30:00] | You’d be scarred. You’d be real | 你才受伤了 如果不是我 |
[1:30:01] | scarred if I hadn’t wrapped them trap teeth in sackin’. | 把兽夹的铁齿掰开 你就真的受伤了 |
[1:30:04] | – Which was my idea. – Which was her idea. | -那是我的主意 -那还是她的主意 |
[1:30:09] | I hurt you. | 我伤害了你 |
[1:30:10] | Good God. | 上帝啊 |
[1:30:12] | I made up 50 tunes with you in mind. | 我在脑海里为你编了五十首歌 |
[1:30:15] | Ruby this, Ruby that, Ruby with the eyes that sparkle. | 露比这样 露比那样 露比的眼睛亮晶晶 |
[1:30:19] | Let’s agree. | 我们先说好 |
[1:30:21] | You beat me, you abandoned me, you ignored me, | 你打我 你抛弃我 你扔下我不管 |
[1:30:26] | then you beat me some more. | 然后你又打我 |
[1:30:27] | And all of that is better’n “Ruby with the eyes that sparkle.” | 这一切都比”露比的眼睛亮晶晶”强 |
[1:30:32] | I’m changed. People change. | 我改变了 人是会变的 |
[1:30:35] | War changes people somethin’ terrible. | 战争会大大地改变一个人 |
[1:30:37] | Ruby’s told you, I’ve no doubt, I wasn’t always the best. | 就像露比说的 我也承认 我有时候不太好 |
[1:30:40] | You were an asshole! | 你就是个混蛋 |
[1:30:42] | I can’t disagree with that, I was. | 我承认我是 |
[1:30:45] | – Would you get him outta here? – Music’s changed me. | -你能把他赶出去吗 -音乐改变了我 |
[1:30:49] | I’m full of music, Ruby. | 我的世界现在全是音乐 露比 |
[1:30:51] | I wish I’d brung my fiddle. | 我真希望我带了我的小提琴 |
[1:30:53] | Ruby, I got a new fiddle. | 露比 我有个新的小提琴了 |
[1:30:55] | Oh, it’s a beautiful fiddle. It’s full of tunes. | 是把美丽的小提琴 可以奏出很多美妙的歌曲 |
[1:30:57] | Ruby, I didn’t know I had it in me. | 露比 我不知道我还有音乐天赋 |
[1:31:01] | You’re all set. | 你包扎好了 |
[1:31:03] | I… | 我… |
[1:31:12] | Bless you both. | 上帝保佑你们 |
[1:31:17] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[1:31:24] | Ain’t you got a proper coat? | 你没有件合适的大衣吗 |
[1:31:28] | Darlin’, I’m fine, you know. | 亲爱的 我没事 |
[1:31:30] | And you just say the word, I won’t come back neither. | 你就直说吧 我不会回来的 |
[1:31:32] | Don’t wanna put you or your mistress here in any bother. | 不想再给你或你的女主人带来麻烦了 |
[1:31:35] | I’m not Ruby’s employer. | 我不是露比的主人 |
[1:31:39] | Oh, Beg pardon. | 对不起 |
[1:31:40] | Nobody is. | 没人是我的主人 |
[1:31:52] | You know who really needs a coat, darlin’? | 你知道谁真的需要一件大衣吗 亲爱的 |
[1:31:54] | My partner. Fat boy name of Pangle. | 我的搭档 一个叫潘格的胖男孩 |
[1:31:56] | We’re hidin’ up in a cave with a singer from Georgia, | 我们和一个来自乔治亚州的歌手躲在山洞里 |
[1:31:59] | and Pangle, he feels the cold like a thin man. | 潘格 他就像个瘦子一样怕冷 |
[1:32:01] | but there ain’t no coat’ll fit him. | 但找不到他能穿得下的衣服 |
[1:32:08] | I love you, Ruby. | 我爱你 露比 |
[1:32:12] | In case the sky falls on our head, | 假如天有不测 我希望你知道 |
[1:32:16] | you always were a good girl. | 你永远是个好姑娘 |
[1:32:30] | He’s so full of manure, that man. | 他这家伙 就是满嘴喷粪 |
[1:32:34] | We could lay him in the dirt and… | 我们可以把他埋在泥土里 |
[1:32:36] | grow another one just like him. | 就会长出个一模一样的他 |
[1:32:39] | That’s medicine, that’s goat meat. | 一个是药 一个是羊肉 |
[1:32:43] | And you’re sick of both. | 你对这两样都已经吃厌了 |
[1:32:45] | I have a deal to thank you for. | 我必须感谢你 |
[1:32:49] | That’s just for show. | 只能做做样子吓唬人 |
[1:33:45] | ♪Ruby with the eyes that sparkle♪ | ♪露比的眼睛亮晶晶♪ |
[1:34:01] | Get on back where you came from! | 给我从哪里来回哪里去 |
[1:34:04] | – Thank you for my coat! – Thanks for the food! | -谢谢你给我的大衣 -谢谢你的食物 |
[1:34:07] | Git! | 蠢货 |
[1:34:07] | ♪Ruby with the eyes that sparkle♪ | ♪露比的眼睛亮晶晶♪ |
[1:34:10] | I love my coat! | 我喜欢我的大衣 |
[1:34:26] | “My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods.” | “我对林顿的爱 就像树林里的叶子 |
[1:34:31] | “Time will change it, I’m well aware, | 我很清楚 时间会改变这种爱 |
[1:34:33] | as winter changes the trees.” | 就像冬天改变树木一样 |
[1:34:37] | “My love for Heathcliff | “我对希斯克利夫的爱 |
[1:34:39] | resembles the eternal rocks beneath.” | 就像地底永恒的岩石 |
[1:34:43] | “A source of little visible delight, | 虽然它给你的欢愉并不多 |
[1:34:47] | but necessary.” | 却是必需品 |
[1:34:50] | “He’s always… | 他永远 |
[1:34:53] | always in my mind.” | 永远在我心中” |
[1:34:55] | She ain’t gonna marry Linton, is she? | 她不会嫁给林顿吧 |
[1:34:57] | You can’t say that about Heathcliff and then marry Linton, | 总不能对希斯克利夫说这样的话又嫁给林顿 |
[1:35:03] | We’ll find out, | 我们会知道的 |
[1:35:09] | tomorrow. | 就在明天 |
[1:35:11] | I’m not waitin’ till tomorrow! | 我等不及明天了 |
[1:35:15] | Ruby… | 露比 |
[1:35:17] | “A source of… little visible delight, | “虽然它给你的欢愉并不多 |
[1:35:23] | but… necessary.” | 却是必需品” |
[1:35:29] | I like that. | 我喜欢这句话 |
[1:35:59] | I’m a Confederate soldier… | 我是南部联盟的士兵 |
[1:36:02] | on furlough. | 目前在休假 |
[1:36:03] | I need shelter… and food. | 我需要住处 和食物 |
[1:36:17] | I’ve got a rifle! | 我有枪 |
[1:36:20] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[1:36:24] | I have some beans and corn pone. | 我有些豆子和玉米饼 |
[1:36:26] | All I got. | 只有这些 |
[1:36:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:36:36] | I’m alone here, as you can see, with my baby. | 你也看到了 这里只有我和孩子 |
[1:36:40] | I need to believe you mean no harm. | 我需要相信你没有恶意 |
[1:36:47] | No. | 不是 |
[1:36:49] | I don’t want it. | 我不想要这个 |
[1:36:51] | If I had my way, they’d take metal altogether out of this world. | 要按我的想法 就该把世上的金属都销毁 |
[1:36:55] | Every blade, every gun. | 每一把剑 每一把枪 |
[1:37:12] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[1:37:14] | You’re burnin’ up, little man. | 你发烧了 小家伙 |
[1:37:33] | Is your baby sick? | 你的孩子生病了吗 |
[1:37:39] | My man’s dead. Took his wound at Gettysburg | 我丈夫死了 在葛底斯堡受伤身亡 |
[1:37:41] | and never saw his boy. | 从未见过他的儿子 |
[1:37:44] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:37:45] | It’s pretty much what you’ll get | 在这场战争中 你敲开每一家门 |
[1:37:46] | if you knock on any door of this war. | 基本都是这样的情况 |
[1:37:49] | Man dead, woman left. | 男人死了 留下了女人 |
[1:37:57] | It’s mean food, but it’s hot. | 很难吃 但好歹是热的 |
[1:37:58] | There’s been no huntin’ on the road, just cress and roots. | 路上没什么猎物 只有水芹和草根 |
[1:38:02] | I need to try and feed this man. | 我要喂这个小家伙了 |
[1:38:07] | You gotta eat somethin’, baby. | 你得吃点东西 宝贝 |
[1:38:23] | He won’t feed. | 他不肯吃奶 |
[1:38:25] | I’m Inman, by the way. That’s my name. | 我叫因曼 顺便说一句 那是我的名字 |
[1:38:30] | I’m Sara. | 我叫莎拉 |
[1:38:35] | My baby’s Ethan. | 我的孩子叫伊森 |
[1:38:38] | Glad to know you both. | 很高兴认识你们两个 |
[1:38:53] | You look about his size. | 你的体型看着和他差不多 |
[1:38:56] | He was another man straight up and down. | 他也是个瘦高型的男人 |
[1:38:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:39:28] | Everything fit? | 都合适吗 |
[1:39:32] | These boots are good boots. | 这些靴子都很不错 |
[1:39:41] | Well, I’ll say good night, then. | 那就晚安了 |
[1:39:45] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:40:02] | ♪Wake up, gals, let’s go to the river♪ | ♪姑娘们醒醒 我们一起去小溪边♪ |
[1:40:04] | ♪Wake up, gals, let’s go to the river♪ | ♪姑娘们醒醒 我们一起去小溪边♪ |
[1:40:06] | ♪Wake up, gals, let’s go to the river♪ | ♪姑娘们醒醒 我们一起去小溪边♪ |
[1:40:09] | ♪Then we’ll join the band♪ | ♪然后我们就加入乐队♪ |
[1:40:11] | ♪Christmas time will soon be over♪ | ♪圣诞时光就要结束♪ |
[1:40:13] | ♪Christmas time will soon be over♪ | ♪圣诞时光就要结束♪ |
[1:40:16] | ♪Christmas time will soon be over, then we’ll join the band♪ | ♪圣诞时光就要结束 我们就加入乐队♪ |
[1:40:20] | She don’t speak? | 她不说话吗 |
[1:40:22] | Can’t speak! I told you. | 不能说话 我跟你说过了 |
[1:40:23] | Well, is she feeble, then? | 那她是傻子吗 |
[1:40:26] | No! | 不是 |
[1:40:28] | Never mind him. | 别介意他说的话 |
[1:40:29] | ♪Get up, gals, don’t be bitter♪ | ♪姑娘们快起来 别愁容满面♪ |
[1:40:32] | ♪Get up, gals, don’t be bitter♪ | ♪姑娘们快起来 别愁容满面♪ |
[1:40:34] | ♪Get up, girls, don’t be bitter♪ | ♪姑娘们快起来 别愁容满面♪ |
[1:40:36] | ♪Then we’ll join the band♪ | ♪然后我们就加入乐队♪ |
[1:40:52] | Will you come inside? | 你能进来吗 |
[1:41:17] | Would you do somethin’ for me? | 你愿意为我做点事吗 |
[1:41:19] | Do you… think you could… | 你觉得 你能不能 |
[1:41:24] | lie here next to me and not… need to go further? | 躺在我身边 但不要进一步接触 |
[1:42:40] | – I’ll go, I’ll go, shall I? – No. | -我走 我走 行吗 -不 |
[1:42:44] | I don’t want you to. | 我不想让你走 |
[1:42:52] | Thing is… | 是这样的 |
[1:42:57] | I love someone. | 我有心爱的人 |
[1:43:05] | I love someone very much. | 我非常爱她 |
[1:43:26] | Try and sleep. | 试着睡一觉吧 |
[1:43:47] | ♪I know dark clouds will hover o’er me♪ | ♪我知道乌云会围绕在我身边♪ |
[1:43:54] | ♪I know my pathway is rough and steep♪ | ♪我知道前路艰难♪ |
[1:44:02] | ♪But golden fields lie out before me♪ | ♪但金色的田野就在前方♪ |
[1:44:09] | ♪Where weary eyes no more will weep♪ | ♪在那里 疲惫的眼睛将不再流泪♪ |
[1:44:17] | ♪I’m goin’ home to see my father♪ | ♪我要回家 去见我的父亲♪ |
[1:44:24] | ♪I’m goin’ home no more to roam♪ | ♪我将回到故乡 不再流浪♪ |
[1:44:32] | ♪I am just goin’ over Jordan♪ | ♪我只要越过约旦河♪ |
[1:44:40] | ♪I am just goin’… over home♪ | ♪我只要…回到故乡♪ |
[1:44:52] | – Merry Christmas, Pangle. – Night, ma’am. | -圣诞节快乐 潘格 -晚安 夫人 |
[1:44:56] | Merry Christmas, Georgia. Nice to meet you. | 圣诞节快乐 乔治亚 很高兴认识你 |
[1:44:58] | – Merry Christmas, Miss Ada. – Merry Christmas. | -圣诞节快乐 艾达小姐 -圣诞节快乐 |
[1:45:03] | – Merry Christmas, darlin’. – Don’t sleep here. | -圣诞节快乐 亲爱的 -别睡在这里 |
[1:45:04] | – We won’t. – It’s dangerous. Don’t sleep here. | -我们不会的 -这里很危险 别睡在这里 |
[1:45:08] | Oh, it’s bitter. They could stop one night. | 太苦了 他们可以停留一晚 |
[1:45:12] | They stop one night, they’re gonna wanna stop two. | 他们停留一晚 接下来就会停留两晚 |
[1:45:15] | I’ll be all right. This coat’s warm. | 我没事 这件大衣很暖和 |
[1:45:17] | What about next Sunday? It’ll be New Year. | 那下周日呢 就是新年了 |
[1:45:20] | – Maybe. – Gonna be a better one than 1864. | -或许可以 -肯定会比1864年要好 |
[1:45:24] | – This war’s over in a month. – That’s what he said a month ago. | -战争一个月后就结束了 -他上个月也这样说 |
[1:45:27] | It started off bein’ over in a month. | 战争刚开始时 也说一个月就能打完 |
[1:45:30] | Night, Miss Sally. Merry Christmas. | 晚安 莎莉女士 圣诞节快乐 |
[1:45:33] | – Night, Miss Ruby. – Night. | -晚安 露比小姐 -晚安 |
[1:45:37] | – Night, ma’am. – Night. | -晚安 夫人 -晚安 |
[1:45:38] | You’re stayin’ with us tonight, Sally. | 你今晚和我们在一起住 莎莉 |
[1:45:41] | – That’s my Ruby. – She’s an original. | -我家露比就是这样的 -她真是与众不同 |
[1:45:46] | What kind of name’s Georgia? | 乔治亚是个什么鬼名字 |
[1:45:48] | It’s where he’s from. It’s not his name. | 那是他的家乡 不是他的名字 |
[1:45:52] | Well, I know it’s meant | 我知道那肯定是 |
[1:45:53] | to be the ugliest state under the heavens. | 天底下最丑的州 |
[1:45:57] | Why do you care what his name is? | 你为什么在乎他叫什么 |
[1:46:01] | Hey, what do you call that cluster of stars right there? | 话说 你管那一串星星叫什么 |
[1:46:04] | Right there. | 就是那里 |
[1:46:07] | There? That’s Orion. | 那里吗 那是猎户星座 |
[1:46:09] | And that’s Gemini, | 而那是双子座 |
[1:46:11] | and that is Orion’s big dog. | 那是猎户的猎犬 |
[1:46:14] | Canis Major. | 大犬座 |
[1:46:17] | Listen to her, Sal. | 听听她的话 莎莉 |
[1:46:19] | She’s turned into a regular highland girl. | 她变成一个普通的高地女孩了 |
[1:46:22] | Nah, I could always name the stars, Ruby. | 不 我总能说出星星的名字 露比 |
[1:46:24] | That was never my problem. | 那对我来说从来不是问题 |
[1:46:31] | I love you, darlin’, | 我爱你 亲爱的 |
[1:46:34] | in case that big old sky falls on our heads. | 假如天有不测 我希望你知道这点 |
[1:46:42] | And I love you too, Sally, I do. | 我也爱你 莎莉 真的 |
[1:46:48] | Get up! | 起来 |
[1:46:51] | Get up! Get out of here, quick! The Yankees are coming! | 快起床 快离开这里 北方佬来了 |
[1:46:54] | The Yankees, they’re here. | 北方佬 他们来了 |
[1:46:56] | If they find you here, things’ll go bad on all of us. | 如果他们发现你在这里 我们都要遭殃 |
[1:47:01] | – I can try and fight ’em. – No. My baby. Please, no. Just… | -我可以和他们战斗 -不 我的孩子 快… |
[1:47:04] | Please, just git! | 求你 走吧 |
[1:47:18] | We’re Union army! We’re lookin’ for food! | 我们是联邦军 我们在找食物 |
[1:47:22] | Come on, open up! We’re hungry! | 快 开门 我们饿了 |
[1:47:25] | I got nothin’! I got nothin’! | 我一无所有 我一无所有 |
[1:47:27] | We’ll see about that. | 我们自己来找找 |
[1:47:30] | There’s a baby inside. Get it. | 里面有个婴儿 去抱出来 |
[1:47:32] | Please, he’s sick. Don’t hurt him, please. | 求你别伤害他 他病了 |
[1:47:34] | Please, I got nothin’! | 求你了 我一无所有 |
[1:47:38] | That’s right, Take the chickens. | 好吧 把鸡拿走 |
[1:47:40] | Take the chickens. They’re all I got. | 把鸡拿走 我只有这些了 |
[1:47:46] | Says she’s only got chickens. | 她说她只有鸡 |
[1:47:48] | You lyin’ Southern trash. | 你这个满口谎话的南方垃圾 |
[1:47:52] | We’re hungry. | 我们饿了 |
[1:47:55] | We got all day. | 我们有时间跟你耗 |
[1:47:57] | See, those birds won’t get you through the winter. | 那些鸡是不够你撑过冬天的 |
[1:48:00] | Please cover up my boy. | 请给我的孩子盖着点 |
[1:48:02] | Just tell us where the food is, we’ll pick him up. | 告诉我们食物在哪 我们就把他抱起来 |
[1:48:04] | Please, my baby’s sick. | 求你了 我的孩子病了 |
[1:48:07] | Please, just cover him up. | 请帮他盖着点 |
[1:48:10] | Please, I’m beggin’ you! | 我求你了 |
[1:48:13] | Please! Have mercy! | 求你了 发发慈悲吧 |
[1:48:18] | I got a hog! | 我有一头猪 |
[1:48:21] | I got a hog! | 我有一头猪 |
[1:48:22] | – He’s hid out behind the house! – Take a look. | -就藏在房子后面 -去看看 |
[1:48:27] | Please! | 求你了 |
[1:48:31] | Please, sir, Please. | 求你了 长官 |
[1:48:34] | He’s just a baby! | 他只是个婴儿 |
[1:48:38] | He’s shaking! | 他在发抖 |
[1:48:40] | Please, just cover him up. | 求你了 给他盖着点 |
[1:48:43] | What’s wrong with you? What’s wrong with you? | 你们是有什么毛病 你们还算是人吗 |
[1:48:49] | I ain’t got nothin’ else, I swear. | 我真的没别的了 我发誓 |
[1:48:53] | – That ain’t necessarily so. – Yes. | -我看不见得 -好吧 |
[1:48:55] | Take me inside. We’ll do whatever you want. | 带我进去 想让我做什么都可以 |
[1:48:58] | Take my baby inside. Let’s all go inside! Please! | 把我的孩子抱进屋 都进屋去 求你了 |
[1:49:03] | Please! Please! | 求你了 求你了 |
[1:49:06] | You take that hog! I’m as good as dead! | 你们把猪抢走 我也活不成了 |
[1:49:09] | Take that hog ’cause I’m as good as dead! | 你们把猪抢走 我也活不成了 |
[1:49:12] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[1:49:19] | No! | 不要 |
[1:49:28] | – You know, he’s gettin’ ready to take a fit. – What do you care? | -他好像要发脾气了 -关你什么事 |
[1:49:49] | That’s better. Shh, That’s better. | 这样就好些了 好了 别哭了 |
[1:49:55] | Come on. Leave some for the rest of us. | 行了 给我们留点 |
[1:50:09] | Move away from the baby! | 离那个孩子远点 |
[1:50:13] | Towards me! | 面向我 |
[1:50:15] | Don’t shoot, We just wanted food. | 别开枪 我们只想要食物 |
[1:50:19] | Take off your boots. | 把靴子脱了 |
[1:50:23] | Take off your pants. Take off your shirt. | 把裤子脱了 把衬衣脱了 |
[1:50:33] | Don’t shoot me, please. | 别开枪 求你了 |
[1:50:37] | We’re starvin’. We haven’t eaten in days | 我们饿坏了 我们几天没吃东西了 |
[1:50:40] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:50:42] | We’re starving. We haven’t eaten in days. | 我们饿坏了 我们几天没吃东西了 |
[1:50:45] | Come on! | 快点 |
[1:50:50] | Thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[1:50:53] | – Now you get runnin’. – I will. | -赶快给我跑 -我会的 |
[1:50:55] | – And keep runnin’. – Thank you. | -一直跑 别停下 -谢谢 |
[1:51:58] | – I love the snow. – I hate the snow. I hate the cold. | -我爱下雪 -我讨厌下雪 讨厌寒冷 |
[1:52:04] | – Come on! – Fellas, what’s the rush? | -快点 -你们急什么啊 |
[1:52:07] | If Ruby finds out we’ve spent the night, | 要是被露比发现我们在这过夜了 |
[1:52:09] | there’ll be hell to pay, | 就有我们好受的了 |
[1:52:48] | “My love, where are you? | “我的爱人 你身在何方 |
[1:52:52] | “With no hope of reaching you, I write to you, | 尽管你了无行踪 我依然坚持给你写信 |
[1:52:56] | “as I always do, | 从未间断 |
[1:53:00] | as I have always done. “ | 就像一直以来那样” |
[1:53:10] | ♪I’m alone, but I don’t worry♪ | ♪我孤身一人 但我丝毫不惧♪ |
[1:53:14] | ♪’Cause I’m sittin’ on top of the world♪ | ♪因为我正坐在世界之巅♪ |
[1:53:23] | You reckon we could eat this? | 你们觉得这个能吃吗 |
[1:53:28] | Well, you know, you cook somethin’ long enough, | 其实 只要烹饪时间够长 |
[1:53:31] | you can eat anything, | 什么都能吃 |
[1:53:32] | It’s froze, How long it been there for? | 它都冻硬了 死了多久了 |
[1:53:35] | – You hungry? – Yeah. | -你饿吗 -当然 |
[1:53:39] | Not very long. | 那就死了没太久 |
[1:54:17] | Good evenin’, | 晚上好 |
[1:54:19] | Hope we didn’t disturb you. | 希望我们没打扰到你们 |
[1:54:22] | D’you mind if I warm myself by your fire? | 介意我借你的火暖下身子吗 |
[1:54:27] | Name’s Teague, | 我叫提格 |
[1:54:29] | – Do I know you? – Stobrod Thewes, | -我认识你吗 -斯托布罗德·修斯 |
[1:54:32] | – That your wife? – That’s a “He.” | -那是你老婆吗 -他是个男的 |
[1:54:35] | Is “He” your wife? | 那个男的是你老婆吗 |
[1:54:37] | We’re musicians. | 我们是音乐家 |
[1:54:40] | He picks a banjo, I got a fiddle. | 他弹班卓琴 我拉小提琴 |
[1:54:42] | Your sweetheart’s got a nice piece of flesh on him. | 你这位爱人身上肉不少啊 |
[1:54:45] | – He looks pretty romantic by the fire. – It’s a picture of love. | -他在火光下显得非常浪漫 -真是爱意浓浓 |
[1:54:55] | You gonna play that fiddle? | 你愿意拉一段小提琴吗 |
[1:54:57] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:54:59] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:55:01] | Hey, wake up. | 嘿 醒醒 |
[1:55:05] | Evenin’, missis. | 晚上好 小姐 |
[1:55:07] | Where’s Georgia? | 乔治亚在哪里 |
[1:55:09] | “Where’s Georgia”? | “乔治亚州在哪里” |
[1:55:15] | – Captain Teague wants us to play now. – Love to. | -提格队长要我们现在奏一曲 -好的 |
[1:55:18] | We heard there were some deserters | 我们听说这附近 |
[1:55:19] | up in these parts hidden out in a big cave. | 有几个逃兵藏在一个大山洞里 |
[1:55:22] | Not come to my ears. | 我没听说过 |
[1:55:23] | So you don’t know where this big cave is? | 所以你不知道那个大山洞在哪儿吗 |
[1:55:25] | No, sir. | 不知道 长官 |
[1:55:25] | You do, Stobs, He means… | 你知道的 斯托布 他指的是… |
[1:55:27] | No, right. No, no. | 不 不是的 |
[1:55:29] | There is a cave right up near Bearpen Branch. | 在比尔彭山脉附近确实有个山洞 |
[1:55:31] | We played some music up there. | 我们在那演奏过 |
[1:55:32] | Never occurred to me they were outliers. | 我当时不知道他们是逃兵 |
[1:55:34] | It ain’t nowhere near Bearpen Branch. | 根本不是在比尔彭山脉附近 |
[1:55:37] | He’s always gettin’ lost, | 他总是搞不清方向 |
[1:55:39] | That cave – we live there, | 我们住在那个山洞里 |
[1:55:42] | I used to freeze up in that cave till I got gived this new coat, | 那个山洞冻死人 幸亏后来有了这件新大衣 |
[1:55:47] | Ruby made me this coat. I like my coat. | 是露比给我做的 我很喜欢 |
[1:55:50] | This part belonged to a reverend | 这部分是一个牧师的 |
[1:55:52] | and this part belonged to a horse. | 这部分是马皮缝的 |
[1:55:54] | Ruby said – what is it? | 露比说 她怎么说的来着 |
[1:55:56] | I should pray or neigh, dependin’. | 我应该祈祷或学马叫 |
[1:55:59] | He don’t… he don’t know what he’s sayin’. | 他不知道自己在说什么 |
[1:56:01] | He got a mind no bigger than a pickled walnut. | 他的脑子还没个腌核桃大 |
[1:56:05] | It’s a good coat. | 这件大衣不错 |
[1:56:11] | ♪I wish, I wish my baby was born♪ | ♪希望我的孩子平安出生♪ |
[1:56:19] | ♪And sittin’ on its papa’s knee♪ | ♪坐在爸爸的膝盖上♪ |
[1:56:26] | ♪And me, poor girl♪ | ♪而我 可怜的姑娘♪ |
[1:56:29] | ♪And me, poor girl, were dead and gone♪ | ♪而我 可怜的姑娘 早已死去♪ |
[1:56:35] | ♪And the green grass growin’ o’er my feet♪ | ♪青草没过我的双脚♪ |
[1:56:44] | ♪I ain’t ahead, nor never will be♪ | ♪我裹足不前 再也迈不开脚步♪ |
[1:56:53] | ♪Till the sweet apple grows on a sour apple tree♪ | ♪直到酸苹果树上结出甜美的果实♪ |
[1:57:02] | ♪The owl, the owl♪ | ♪猫头鹰 猫头鹰啊♪ |
[1:57:06] | ♪Is a lonely bird♪ | ♪是只孤单的鸟儿♪ |
[1:57:11] | ♪It chills my heart.♪ | ♪它让我不寒而栗♪ |
[1:57:15] | ♪With dread and terror♪ | ♪瑟瑟发抖♪ |
[1:57:19] | ♪That someone’s blood♪ | ♪某个人的血♪ |
[1:57:22] | ♪Someone’s blood♪ | ♪某个人的血♪ |
[1:57:24] | ♪There on his wing♪ | ♪沾在它的翅膀上♪ |
[1:57:28] | ♪That someone’s blood♪ | ♪某个人的血♪ |
[1:57:33] | ♪There on his… feather♪ | ♪沾在它的羽毛上♪ |
[1:57:44] | Broke my young heart. | 简直让我年轻的心碎掉 |
[1:57:51] | We gonna be here all night? | 我们要在这待一整晚吗 |
[1:57:56] | Stand over there. | 站到那边去 |
[1:58:09] | Ruby, she don’t know one end of the war from the other. | 露比 她对战争根本一无所知 |
[1:58:12] | You don’t have to worry yourself about her, is what I’m sayin’. | 我说 你不必担心她 |
[1:58:16] | Or Ada, neither, You know what I’m sayin’? | 艾达也一样 懂我的意思吗 |
[1:58:20] | You too, you stand over there. | 你你也站到那边去 |
[1:58:26] | We gonna get our tintype made? | 我们要照锡版相了吗 |
[1:58:34] | Don’t smile. | 不要笑 |
[1:58:36] | – What? – Quit smilin’. | -什么 -不要笑 |
[1:58:38] | He always smiles, He don’t mean nothin’ by it, | 他脸上总挂着笑 没什么别的意思 |
[1:58:40] | I told him, there ain’t nothin’ in this world worth a smile! | 我跟他说过 这世上没什么值得微笑的 |
[1:58:43] | Put your hat over your face. | 拿帽子遮住脸 |
[1:58:52] | Cover your face with your hat. | 拿帽子遮住你的脸 |
[1:59:03] | – Ruby! – What? | -露比 -怎么了 |
[1:59:06] | – Ruby! – What’s wrong? | -露比 -出什么事了 |
[1:59:07] | – Teague… The Home Guard… – What? | -提格 乡团 -什么 |
[1:59:12] | They shot your daddy! | 他们杀了你爸爸 |
[1:59:14] | They shot your daddy, and Pangle too! | 他们杀了你爸爸 还有潘格 |
[1:59:22] | I told Georgia he can stop here. | 我跟乔治亚说他可以在这落脚 |
[1:59:25] | I told him he can sleep in the barn. | 我叫他睡在谷仓里 |
[1:59:27] | He’s got nothin’ inside him. | 他一点食物都没吃 |
[1:59:28] | He’ll walk out of here and die in the snow. | 要是让他离开 他会死在雪地里 |
[1:59:30] | He can milk the cows. I was worried about that. | 他可以给奶牛挤奶 我之前就操心这事 |
[1:59:36] | It’s five hours’ climb from here. He drew a map. | 去那里要爬五个小时的山 他画了张地图 |
[1:59:40] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[1:59:43] | You know them fools stayed the night in the mill? | 你知道那几个傻瓜那天晚上是在磨坊过夜的吗 |
[1:59:47] | That’s Stobrod Thewes. | 斯托布罗德·修斯就是这样的人 |
[1:59:48] | Can’t do one good thing without addin’ the bad. | 一辈子都没干过好事 只会坏事 |
[1:59:51] | Left tracks in the snow | 在雪地上留下脚印 |
[1:59:53] | all the way up for the Home Guard to follow, | 好让乡团一路追捕过去 |
[1:59:56] | – Sign that says “Shoot me.” – Ruby… | -简直是打着招牌让别人杀他 -露比 |
[2:00:01] | Ruby, | 露比 |
[2:00:05] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[2:00:09] | Every piece of this is man’s bullshit. | 这一切灾难都是男人引发的 |
[2:00:12] | They call this war a cloud over the land, | 他们管这场战争叫笼罩大地的一朵乌云 |
[2:00:15] | but they made the weather, | 但这破天气是他们制造的 |
[2:00:16] | and then they stand in the rain and say “Shit, it’s rainin’!” | 然后他们站在雨中说”该死的 下雨了” |
[2:00:25] | If I cry one tear for my daddy, | 如果我为我爸爸掉一滴眼泪 |
[2:00:29] | I stole it off a crocodile, | 都是从鳄鱼那里偷来的 |
[2:00:34] | All right, then, | 好了 |
[2:01:25] | All right, then, | 好了 |
[2:01:28] | Dear God! | 上帝啊 |
[2:01:35] | Oh, dear God! | 上帝啊 |
[2:01:44] | He ain’t here, | 他不在这里 |
[2:01:48] | Teague’s probably took him, | 提格可能把他的尸体运走了 |
[2:01:50] | They did that with the Swanger boys, didn’t they? | 他们也是这么对斯万格家的儿子们的 不是吗 |
[2:01:54] | Strung ’em up, as a warnin’, | 把他们吊挂起来 作为警示 |
[2:02:02] | They took his coat. | 他们拿走了他的大衣 |
[2:02:05] | Why would they take his coat? | 他们为什么要拿走他的大衣 |
[2:02:12] | Daddy? Daddy! | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[2:02:15] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[2:02:23] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[2:02:25] | He’s still breathin’! | 他还有呼吸 |
[2:02:27] | It’s Ruby! | 我是露比 |
[2:02:30] | Don’t you die on me again! | 你不准再死掉 |
[2:02:38] | We gotta get him home. | 我们得带他回家 |
[2:02:40] | He won’t make it. He’ll die first. | 他撑不了那么远 还没到他就会死的 |
[2:02:43] | He’s got hardly no blood left in him. | 他的血几乎都流光了 |
[2:02:49] | There it is, I feel it, | 在这里 我摸到了 |
[2:02:50] | – You got it? – Yep. | -找到了吗 -嗯 |
[2:02:52] | There’s a place close. Old Cherokee, it used to be. | 附近有个地方 以前叫「老切罗基」 |
[2:02:57] | It’s got shelter, water. | 那里有房子 有水 |
[2:03:00] | I used to hide up there when he’d get a temper goin’. | 以前他发脾气时 我都会躲在那里 |
[2:03:02] | God! | 天呐 |
[2:03:12] | I’ll go look for some food. | 我去找点食物 |
[2:03:14] | Take the shotgun. | 把猎枪带上 |
[2:03:42] | Goddamn. | 天呐 |
[2:03:54] | Turn around! | 转过去 |
[2:03:58] | Go back where you came from! | 从哪来 回哪去 |
[2:04:02] | Go back! | 回去 |
[2:04:08] | Ada? | 艾达 |
[2:04:11] | Ada Monroe? | 艾达·门罗 |
[2:04:14] | Turn around or I’ll shoot! | 转过身去 不然我就开枪了 |
[2:04:45] | Inman? | 因曼 |
[2:04:46] | Inman? | 因曼 |
[2:05:02] | Inman. | 因曼 |
[2:05:36] | You better come with me. | 你最好跟我走 |
[2:05:51] | Ruby. | 露比 |
[2:05:54] | This is Inman, | 这是因曼 |
[2:06:01] | Congratulations! | 恭喜啊 |
[2:06:03] | Oughta send you out with a shotgun a lot more! | 就该多让你带猎枪出去转转的 |
[2:06:08] | Looks if he’s about to topple over. | 他看上去快要倒下了 |
[2:06:12] | – I may need to. – You shot or somethin’? | -我可能需要躺一会儿 -你中枪了吗 |
[2:06:16] | Not lately. | 近期没有 |
[2:06:29] | – He’s asleep. – I ain’t surprised. | -他睡着了 -意料之中 |
[2:06:32] | – Your man looked tuckered out. – I saw him, | -你的男人看起来累坏了 -我看见过他 |
[2:06:37] | in Sally Swanger’s well. | 在莎莉·斯万格的井里 |
[2:06:38] | A man like a black smudge in the snow. | 一个男人 就像雪中的小黑点一样 |
[2:06:41] | – Well, there you go. – It wasn’t the same, what I saw, | -瞧吧 应验了 -那和我看到的不一样 |
[2:06:44] | In the well it was as if he were falling. | 在井里看到的是 他好像要倒下了 |
[2:06:47] | You probably just don’t remember it right. | 你很可能只是记错了 |
[2:06:49] | I remember it exactly. | 我记得很清楚 |
[2:06:50] | There were crows – black crows. | 当时有乌鸦 黑乌鸦 |
[2:06:53] | They were flyin’ towards me. | 它们朝我飞来 |
[2:06:55] | Ruby, I thought I was seein’ him fall, | 露比 我以为我看到的是他倒下了 |
[2:07:00] | Instead, I was seein’ him come back to me. | 然而 我看到的实际上是他在回来找我 |
[2:07:06] | I got big plans for that farm. | 我为那个农场做了很多重大计划 |
[2:07:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[2:07:16] | I know you have. | 我知道你做了很多计划 |
[2:07:18] | I got a vision in my mind of how Black Cove oughta be. | 我在脑海中设想了黑山坳应有的样貌 |
[2:07:26] | I don’t know, Ruby. | 我不知道 露比 |
[2:07:28] | All this while I’ve been packin’ ice around my heart. | 这段时间我一直把我的心冰封起来 |
[2:07:35] | How do I make it melt? | 我如何让冰融化呢 |
[2:07:44] | You about done with my knife? | 我的刀你用完了吗 |
[2:07:47] | We got a bird to cook. | 我们还得用来宰鸟 |
[2:07:49] | Just about. | 马上就好 |
[2:07:54] | You’re makin’ a pig’s ear of that job. | 你剃得是什么鬼样子 |
[2:07:59] | Give it to me. | 刀给我 |
[2:08:08] | I ain’t gonna cut you. | 我不会割伤你的 |
[2:08:12] | Can’t see that it’d make a bit of difference if I did. | 反正都这么多伤口了 就算割伤了也没什么区别 |
[2:08:27] | You got the right feelings for her? | 你还爱着她吗 |
[2:08:29] | Don’t turn your head! | 脑袋别动啊 |
[2:08:36] | I do. | 是的 |
[2:09:03] | I’m sorry, I was tryin’ to be quiet. | 抱歉 我没想吵醒你的 |
[2:09:12] | Did you get my letters? | 你收到我寄的信了吗 |
[2:09:16] | I got three letters. | 我收到了三封 |
[2:09:19] | I carried them, I carried them in the book you gave me. | 我随身带着 夹在你给我的那本书里 |
[2:09:24] | The Bartram. | 巴特拉姆的那本书 |
[2:09:27] | I probably sent 103. | 我估计寄了有103封信 |
[2:09:35] | Did you write to me? | 你写过信给我吗 |
[2:09:37] | Whenever I could. | 一有时间我就写 |
[2:09:40] | If you never got them, | 如果你从没收到过 |
[2:09:41] | – I can summarize. – No, No, no. | -我可以概括一下告诉你 -不 不用 |
[2:09:43] | “I pray you are well. | “我祈祷你一切安好 |
[2:09:45] | “I pray I am in your thoughts. | 我祈祷你心中想着我 |
[2:09:47] | You are all that keeps me from slidin’ into some dark place.” | 因为你 我才没堕入黑暗” |
[2:09:53] | How did I keep you? | 怎么是我的功劳 |
[2:09:56] | We barely knew each other, It was a few moments. | 我们根本不了解对方 不过共度了一些时刻 |
[2:09:59] | A thousand moments. | 是上千个时刻 |
[2:10:03] | They’re like a bag… of tiny diamonds. | 那些时刻就像一袋小小的钻石 |
[2:10:08] | Don’t matter if they’re real or things I made up. | 不管是真实的还是我幻想出来的 都不重要 |
[2:10:14] | The shape of your neck, | 你脖颈的形状 |
[2:10:18] | that’s real. | 那是真实的 |
[2:10:21] | The way you felt under my hands when I pulled you to me, | 我将你拉入怀中时 手上的感觉 |
[2:10:36] | You were plowing a field. | 你当时在犁地 |
[2:10:40] | You were carrying a tray. | 你当时端着托盘 |
[2:10:43] | – You wouldn’t come in. – No, I wouldn’t go in. | -你不愿意进屋 -是啊 我不愿进屋 |
[2:10:46] | So that’s why I had to carry a tray, | 所以我才不得不端着托盘 |
[2:10:49] | So I could come out to see you. | 那样我才能出去看你 |
[2:10:52] | That kiss, | 那个吻 |
[2:10:56] | which I kissed every day of my walking. | 归途的每一天 我都在想着那个吻 |
[2:11:01] | Every day I was waiting, | 我每天都在等待 |
[2:11:04] | longing, | 期盼着 |
[2:11:05] | longing to see your face. | 期盼着看到你的脸 |
[2:11:15] | If you could see my inside… | 如果你能看到我的内心 |
[2:11:18] | Now, whatever you wanna name it – my spirit? | 不管你称之为什么 我的灵魂 |
[2:11:22] | That’s what I fear. | 那是我所惧怕的 |
[2:11:24] | I think I’m ruined. | 我觉得我整个人已被摧毁 |
[2:11:26] | They kept tryin’ to put me in the ground. | 他们不停想杀死我 |
[2:11:31] | – But I wasn’t ready. – Inman… | -但我还没准备好 -因曼 |
[2:11:34] | But if I had… if I had goodness, I lost it. | 但如果我曾有过良善 现在也已失去了 |
[2:11:39] | If I had anything tender in me, I shot it dead. | 如果我内心曾有过柔软 我也一枪打死了它 |
[2:11:44] | How could I write to you | 我怎敢写信给你 |
[2:11:45] | after what I done, | 毕竟我做过那些可怕的事 |
[2:11:49] | – what I seen? – Number one, | -见过那些可怕的场景 -第一 |
[2:11:52] | shut this door, It’s freezin’. | 把这门关上 冷死人了 |
[2:11:54] | Number two, shut that door, It’s freezin’. | 第二 把那门关上 冷死人了 |
[2:11:57] | Layin’ on my back, my fingers poked in my ears, | 我躺在床上 用手指把耳朵堵住 |
[2:12:00] | tryin’ to shut out who’s got a bag of diamonds, | 不想听到谁有一袋钻石 |
[2:12:03] | who’s carrying a tray… | 谁又端着托盘 |
[2:12:05] | If you wanna get three feet up a bull’s ass, | 如果你想听些胡说八道的狗屁 |
[2:12:07] | just listen to what sweethearts whisper to one another. | 只需听小情人之间的呢喃情话就行了 |
[2:12:11] | In fact, if y’all gonna wimble-wimble all night, | 事实上 如果你们准备彻夜长谈 |
[2:12:13] | I’m gonna sleep in with him. | 我就只好跟他一起睡了 |
[2:12:32] | – I’ll say good night. – No. | -我要说晚安了 -不 |
[2:12:38] | Please… | 求你 |
[2:12:41] | don’t say good night. | 别说晚安 |
[2:13:07] | Wars make some things pointless. | 战争让一些事失去了意义 |
[2:13:14] | It’s hard to imagine a wedding. | 难以想象能有一场婚礼 |
[2:13:19] | I think even my father would recognize that. | 我想连我父亲都会承认这一点 |
[2:13:23] | Ada, I wanna marry you. | 艾达 我想娶你 |
[2:13:27] | If you’ll have me. | 前提是你愿意嫁给我 |
[2:13:30] | Isn’t there some religion | 不是有些宗教的规矩是 |
[2:13:31] | where you just have to say “I marry you” three times, | 只需说三遍”我娶你” |
[2:13:35] | and you’re man and wife? | 两人就能结为夫妻吗 |
[2:13:38] | I marry you, | 我娶你 |
[2:13:41] | I marry you, I marry you. | 我娶你 我娶你 |
[2:13:48] | Why is that funny? | 你为什么觉得好笑 |
[2:13:50] | I think it’s “I divorce you” three times | 好像是说三遍”我和你离婚” |
[2:13:52] | and you’re not married anymore. | 就能结束婚姻才对 |
[2:13:57] | I can wait for you. | 我可以等你 |
[2:13:59] | Oh, Inman, I marry you, I marry you, I marry you, | 因曼 我嫁你 我嫁你 我嫁你 |
[2:14:05] | I marry you, I marry you. | 我嫁你 我嫁你 |
[2:14:14] | I have so… I have so many buttons, Sorry, | 我…衣服上有好多纽扣 抱歉 |
[2:14:22] | Will you turn your back? | 你能转过去吗 |
[2:14:36] | No. | 不 |
[2:14:39] | No, I will not. | 不 我不转 |
[2:16:27] | I’ll lead the horse at a pace your daddy can tolerate. | 我会控制马的步伐 你父亲不会太难受 |
[2:16:30] | – You two go ahead now. – No, I don’t wanna do that. | -你们先走 -不 我不想那么做 |
[2:16:34] | – No, We can all go together. – It’s safer this way. | -不 我们全部一起走 -这样更安全些 |
[2:16:37] | – We’re deserters. No one has a quarrel with you. – No. | -我们是逃兵 但没人跟你们有仇怨 -不 |
[2:16:39] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[2:16:41] | I gather I… | 我想… |
[2:16:42] | I need permission from you, Ruby, | 我需要先征得你的许可 露比 |
[2:16:45] | if I reckon on livin’ at Black Cove. | 才能住在黑山坳 |
[2:16:58] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[2:17:03] | You stay on that horse. | 你乖乖待在那匹马背上 |
[2:17:05] | And don’t lose it. Or sell it. | 别把它弄丢了 也别卖了 |
[2:17:09] | Gonna need it back on the farm. | 农场还需要它 |
[2:17:15] | All right, Daddy. | 好了 爸爸 |
[2:17:21] | I don’t wanna let you go. | 我不想跟你分开 |
[2:17:27] | I’ll be with you by nightfall. | 天黑时分我就回到你身边了 |
[2:17:38] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[2:18:11] | Hope that Georgia boy’s been tendin’ to the animals. | 但愿那个乔治亚好好照顾农场的动物们了 |
[2:18:15] | – I knew you were thinkin’ on him. – I was not! | -我就知道你想他了 -我才没有 |
[2:18:18] | I was thinkin’ on swollen udders. | 我只是在想涨奶的牛乳房 |
[2:18:20] | And before you say “same difference”… | 在你说”没什么区别”之前… |
[2:18:23] | I’m sayin’ nothin’! | 我什么都不会说的 |
[2:18:25] | Miss Lovey-Dovey! | 春心荡漾小姐 |
[2:18:27] | – Miss Lovey-Dovey! – Stop! | -春心荡漾小姐 -别嘴贫了 |
[2:18:31] | – That was a long funeral for your daddy. – That was a wake. | -你爸的丧礼办了好久啊 -那是守丧 |
[2:18:36] | That was Irish. | 爱尔兰人的习俗 |
[2:18:39] | Now, your friend Georgia here… | 你们那位朋友乔治亚… |
[2:18:41] | We went down to visit you | 我们专程登门去找你们 |
[2:18:42] | when we heard you were harborin’ deserters, | 因为我们听说你们窝藏逃兵 |
[2:18:45] | and he told us – after some persuasion – you were up here. | 经过一番好言相劝后 他告诉我们你们在山上 |
[2:18:49] | We were up and down this mountain. | 我们找遍了整座山 |
[2:18:52] | Up and down. | 来来回回 |
[2:18:54] | There will be a reckoning. | 会有一场最终审判的 |
[2:18:56] | When this war is over, there will be a reckoning. | 等这场战争结束后 会有一场最终审判的 |
[2:19:01] | Did you make this coat? | 这件大衣是你做的吗 |
[2:19:03] | Helpin’ a deserter – that’s treason. | 帮助逃兵是叛国罪 |
[2:19:05] | Now, I know it’s half horse and half reverend. | 我知道这大衣是用马皮和牧师的衣服缝的 |
[2:19:11] | A reckonin’? | 最终审判 |
[2:19:15] | The reckoning’s for your world. | 那是你的世界才有的东西 |
[2:19:18] | It’s not mine. | 我的世界没有 |
[2:19:25] | I’ll be damned. He’s a hard bastard to kill. | 老天呐 这混蛋命真硬 |
[2:19:31] | – No! – Ruby! | -不 -露比 |
[2:19:39] | Inman! | 因曼 |
[2:19:56] | Captain Teague! | 提格队长 |
[2:20:39] | – Come down from there! – No, sir, Here is fine. | -下来 -不了 先生 这里就挺好 |
[2:20:43] | I’ll just shoot the horse out from under you. | 那我就开枪打死你的马 |
[2:20:46] | – You ridin’ Captain Teague’s animal? – I am. | -你骑的是提格队长的马吗 -没错 |
[2:20:49] | – He dead? – I hope so. | -他死了吗 -但愿如此 |
[2:20:52] | Look, give me your gun and ride on home. | 听着 把枪交给我 我就放你回家 |
[2:20:54] | I’m done fightin’. I’m sick of it! | 我不想再打斗了 我厌倦了 |
[2:20:57] | I give you my gun, you’re gonna shoot me dead, | 我把枪交给你 你就会一枪打死我 |
[2:20:59] | I will not shoot you, | 我不会杀你 |
[2:21:00] | but nor am I goin’ down this mountain | 但我也不想下山时 |
[2:21:02] | lookin’ over my shoulder for you. | 还得时刻提防着你 |
[2:21:04] | That’s what they call a conundrum. | 这就是所谓的进退两难 |
[2:21:11] | I’ll tell you what I got on my side. | 我告诉你我有什么优势 |
[2:21:14] | What you got on your side? | 你有什么优势 |
[2:21:22] | The confidence of youth. | 年轻的自信 |
[2:21:39] | Inman! | 因曼 |
[2:22:33] | No! | 不 |
[2:23:10] | I… | 我… |
[2:23:12] | came… back. | 回来了 |
[2:23:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[2:23:59] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[2:24:27] | What we have lost will never be returned to us. | 我们所失去的一切 再也不会回来 |
[2:24:32] | The land will not heal. | 这片土地不会痊愈 |
[2:24:36] | Too much blood. | 因为洒下了太多的血 |
[2:24:38] | The heart, will not heal. | 心 也不会痊愈 |
[2:24:42] | All we can do is make peace with the past | 我们能做的只有与过去和解 |
[2:24:46] | and try to learn from it. | 并试着吸取教训 |
[2:24:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[2:24:54] | He died in the night, love, | 它昨天夜里死了 亲爱的 |
[2:24:57] | Bring him here. | 抱它过来 |
[2:24:59] | – Don’t kill him. – I’m not gonna kill him. | -别杀它 -我不会杀它 |
[2:25:02] | We have to try somethin’ or else he’s gonna die too. | 我们得做点什么 否则它也会死 |
[2:25:07] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[2:25:10] | We’re gonna try a little trick. | 我们来试个妙招 |
[2:25:35] | There are days now when I manage not to think of you. | 现在我偶尔能做到不想起你 |
[2:25:41] | When the needs of the farm call with more urgency than my heart… | 当农场更迫切需要我的时候 我无暇顾及我的心 |
[2:25:47] | This time of year there’s so much life everywhere. | 每年这个时节到处充满生机 |
[2:25:53] | I find you in all of it. | 我从中都能看到你的影子 |
[2:25:57] | As if you were still walking home to me. | 仿佛你还在赶路回家 回到我身边 |
[2:26:03] | If you could see us now this Easter day at Black Cove, | 如果你能看到我们今天在黑山坳过复活节的场景 |
[2:26:07] | you would know every step of your journey was worthy it. | 你会知道 你旅程的每一步都是值得的 |
[2:26:11] | ♪I’m still climbing upwards♪ | ♪我仍在向上攀爬♪ |
[2:26:15] | ♪And my journey’s almost ended♪ | ♪我的旅程快要结束♪ |
[2:26:18] | ♪So, friend, if you’re thirsty♪ | ♪朋友 如果你渴了♪ |
[2:26:22] | ♪climb this mountain with me♪ | ♪跟我一起攀爬这高山♪ |
[2:26:28] | Grace Inman, nobody said “eat.” | 格蕾丝·因曼 没人说可以吃了 |
[2:26:44] | For good friends, good food, good family, | 主啊 感谢你赐予我们朋友 |
[2:26:50] | all our blessings, O Lord, we thank thee, | 食物 家人和福祉 |
[2:26:52] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[2:26:54] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[2:26:57] | Amen! | 阿门 |
[2:26:58] | – Sweetheart, there’s no cider. – That’s for you, | -亲爱的 没苹果酒 -那是给你的 |
[2:27:02] | Right, I’d best… I’d best fetch it, I got my orders. | 对哦 那我去拿 夫人有令 |
[2:27:09] | I looked once more down Sally’s well, | 我又朝莎莉的井里看了一次 |
[2:27:13] | and this time there was nothin’ there to haunt me. | 这次 里面没有让我感到不安的画面 |
[2:27:18] | Just clouds. | 只有云朵 |
[2:27:20] | Clouds, and then… sun. | 云朵 和太阳 |