时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Do not adjust your radios. | 不用调频 |
[00:03] | That roar you hear in the distance is real. | 远处轰鸣声是真实的 |
[00:05] | Because we’re broadcasting live from the middle of the merciless Mojave. | 我们正在莫哈韦沙漠中央为您直播 |
[00:10] | This,ladies and gentlemen, is the Desert Blast 200 Off-Road Championships. | 女士们先生们 现在正在进行 沙漠疾风200越野锦标赛 |
[01:02] | Boss,we got something gnarly out here. | 头 这儿出了点问题 |
[01:09] | I never heard of anything like this. | 我从没听说过这种事 |
[01:11] | Crashes,sure,but… this is downright Twilight Zone. | 翻车正常 但… 这事像电影<阴阳魔界>的场景 |
[01:20] | You’re not gonna see this,pal. | 你们以后不会见到这场景的 伙计们 |
[01:23] | You guys got here quick. | 你们来得真快 |
[01:25] | Might be a trophy in it for ya. | 都能得奖了 |
[01:26] | This is Bo Martin the race manager. | 这位是Bo Martin 赛事管理者 |
[01:28] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[01:29] | Whose race managed to turn into a crime scene. | 赛场成了犯罪现场 |
[01:32] | We’re not playing Frogger out here,are we? | 我们不是来玩青蛙过河的吧? |
[01:34] | No,no,the race has been stopped. | 不会 比赛暂停了 |
[01:35] | Jimmy Delton over there,he’s the one spotted the wreck. | 那个叫Jimmy Delton 是他报告的这事 |
[01:39] | Big ol’ blaze. | 冲天大火 |
[01:41] | Nasty. | 一团糟 |
[01:45] | So,uh… so why are we here,Lou? | 那么… 叫我们来干嘛 Lou? |
[01:48] | Where’s the crime part? | 哪儿和犯罪有关? |
[01:50] | Call it a mystery. Definitely suspicious. | 称之为神秘事件吧 这事非常可疑 |
[01:52] | When this truck started the race,there were two people in it. | 比赛开始时车里有2个人 |
[01:56] | Saw for myself. It was a driver and a co-driver. | 我亲眼看到的车手和副驾驶 |
[01:59] | The driver’s a Crispy Critter. | 车手被烧焦了 |
[02:02] | In his own personal hell-on-wheels. | 死在了自己的地狱之轮上 |
[02:03] | And the co-driver? | 副驾驶呢? |
[02:07] | Dust in the wind. | 消失了 |
[02:08] | Okay. So,it’s not just a crash site. | 看来不只是简单的翻车事故 |
[02:10] | No. It’s an 80-mile-an-hour missing persons case. | 不 是个时速120公里的失踪案 |
[02:13] | Well… On your mark,get set,go. | 好吧…各就各位 预备 跑 犯罪现场调查 |
[02:42] | CSI Season 12Episode 21 | |
[02:54] | Live fast,die young. | 活得快 死得早 |
[02:55] | Not me. | 我可不会 |
[02:57] | The wife’s pushing for a minivan. | 我妻子想要辆小货车 |
[02:59] | Bugging me about safety ratings and… car seat compatibility. | 一直唠叨着驾驶安全啊… 座椅是否合适 |
[03:03] | So,do you have some news to share? | 有什么新鲜事想分享吗? |
[03:05] | No,no,it’s still hypothetical. | 不不 八字还没一撇 |
[03:06] | But hypothetically…I don’t want my kid’s first impression of his dad to be some minivan- driving geek. | 但是…我可不想我孩子认为他老爸 是个喜欢开小货车的怪胎 |
[03:12] | What are you worried about? Your kid’s still gonna think you’re the coolest guy on the planet. | 有什么好担心? 你孩子还是会认为 你是世上最酷的爸爸 |
[03:16] | That is till Uncle Nicky comes over and picks him up in a GT500. | 直到Nicky叔叔开着野马GT500来接他 |
[03:21] | – Thanks,man. – You’re welcome. | – 谢了 – 不客气 |
[03:22] | Race Manager is getting the event records,the name of the driver and the co-driver. | 管理人拿记录去了 上面有车手和副驾驶的名字 |
[03:25] | The surrounding area’s already been canvassed,but there’s no sign of the co-driver. | 周围地区已彻查过 没有副驾驶踪迹 |
[03:29] | Maybe he bailed at some earlier point. | 也许早在前面的路段他就跑了 |
[03:32] | I’ve had dates end that way. | 以前在那条路约会过 |
[03:33] | Argue,pull over,slam the door,and sulk home to watch The Notebook. | 吵架 停车 摔门 生气地跑回家看<恋恋笔记本> |
[03:37] | The Notebook? Really? | <恋恋笔记本>? 真的? (描述一对情人抛夫弃子在一起的言情片) |
[03:41] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[03:48] | Same logo as the driver. | 和车手一样的标记 |
[03:50] | Co-driver’s helmet. | 副驾驶的头盔 |
[03:52] | All right. Puts him at the scene of the wreck. | 说明他在出事现场 |
[03:56] | Truck comes flying over this jump… | 车飞过斜坡… |
[03:59] | blows the landing, hits nose first… and rolls. | 摔下来 撞上地面突出部分… 然后发生翻滚 |
[04:04] | Maybe the fuel tank ruptured on impact. | 或许在冲撞时油箱破了 |
[04:07] | Spark. Boom. | 火花 爆炸 |
[04:08] | Well,there’s something over here. | 这边有东西 |
[04:14] | Fiberglass from the wreck. | 出事车辆上的玻璃纤维 |
[04:18] | It looks like somebody drove right over it. | 看来有人从上面开了过去 |
[04:23] | Wasn’t that guy,Jimmy Delton. He called it in. | 肯定不是那个Jimmy Delton 是他报告的事故 |
[04:27] | Besides,he’s not sporting tires with this pattern. | 而且车的轮胎纹路和这个不符 |
[04:31] | Good eyes,Brody. | 好眼力 Brody |
[04:34] | So… somebody drives by flaming wreck with loss of life doesn’t stop? | 所以说…有人看到车在燃烧 还死人 却不肯停下帮忙? |
[04:39] | Doesn’t even radio for help? | 都不报告一下? |
[04:41] | That’s intense. | 比赛很紧张 |
[04:42] | I thought this was just a bunch of gearheads having fun not… Death Race 2012. | 或许只是认为几个死宅烧车玩… 而不是死亡竞速2012 |
[04:47] | Let’s circle out. Maybe we can reconstruct the crash. | 我们再转转 或许能重建现场 |
[05:20] | You found a piece of the fancy fuel tank,too? | 你也找到了块油箱残片啊 |
[05:22] | Yeah. Even better… I think this possibly caused the explosion. | 更好的是… 我认为这是造成爆炸的原因 |
[05:26] | A suspension link arrow to the heart of it. | 可疑的断杆插进了油箱 |
[05:29] | Reckless speeds over brutal terrain. | 高速行驶加烂路 |
[05:30] | There’s no surprise that something gives. | 出什么事也不奇怪了 |
[05:36] | Ka-boom. | |
[05:41] | I got the records here. | 拿到记录了 |
[05:44] | Truck was entered by a team name of “A Pharaoh’s Motorists.” | 车属于一支叫”法老的司机”的队伍 |
[05:48] | Driver,co-driver,Tim,Paul White. Team captain,Doug White. | 车手Tim 副驾驶Paul White 队长Doug White |
[05:52] | So are these guys brothers,or what? | 他们是兄弟吗? |
[05:54] | I guess. I don’t know. I asked around,nobody knew em’. | 也许吧 不知道 我问了下 都不认识他们 |
[05:57] | Team Captain’s not answering his cell,so… | 队长也不接电话… |
[05:59] | Anybody check their pit? | 查过修理站了吗? |
[06:00] | No. Bit of a drive,but I could lead you there. | 没有 要开一段车 但我可以带你们去 |
[06:05] | Yeah,let’s do it. | 好 走吧 |
[06:11] | Slow down in the pit. | 修理站里开慢点 |
[06:14] | Okay… they are right over… | 嗯…他们就在… |
[06:19] | – Now this is bizarre. – What is? | – 奇了怪了 – 怎么? |
[06:21] | These Pharaoh’s Motorists,they just picked up and left. | 法老司机队的收拾东西走人了 |
[06:25] | Looks like in a hurry,too. | 像是匆忙收拾的 |
[06:26] | So the driver’s dead,the co-driver,the team captain,and the trailer are now all missing? | 车手死了 副驾驶失踪 队长连同拖车一起消失? |
[06:31] | That’s what it looks like. | 看起来像是 |
[06:34] | Doesn’t get much stranger than that. | 真没比这更怪的了 |
[06:41] | Lose your truck,your life,shotgun-riding buddy runs off– sounds like a country song. | 没了车 没了命 副驾驶还跑了– 像首乡村歌曲 |
[06:46] | Yeah,and our man in black also has a secret. | 而且这位黑衣老兄还有个秘密 |
[06:49] | Vartann ran the names and license numbers of this guy and his teammates…they’re phony. | Vartann查了他们的名字和驾照… 他们乱写的 |
[06:55] | Aliases? Weird. | 化名? 真奇怪 |
[06:58] | Hey,take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[06:59] | Is that blood? | 是血吗? |
[07:01] | No. I think that’s ink. | 不 像是墨水 |
[07:03] | Yeah,it’s still tacky. | 还黏黏的 |
[07:04] | Looks like a silk screen design that melted from the truck fire, | 像是丝印图案在高温下熔化了 |
[07:09] | then transferred to the inside of the fire suit. | 接着浸到防火衣里面 |
[07:11] | Like a t-shirt iron-on. | 像是T恤的印花 |
[07:14] | You know,it looks like it could be a logo that’s been flipped and smeared. | 应该是图标 但已晕散了 |
[07:17] | Yeah,could help us get an I.D. | 也许能帮我们查到死者身份 |
[07:20] | Let’s iron out the iron-on. | 我们把印花印出来吧 |
[07:24] | Our mystery race team didn’t leave us much to go on here. | 神秘车队还真没留下什么东西 |
[07:27] | Sorry,boys. | 抱歉了 |
[07:35] | Bo,you kidding me with this? | 你这是在搞笑吗? |
[07:37] | Some rookie bends his fender and the whole race is postponed? | 有新手撞烂了挡泥板所以比赛暂停? |
[07:39] | It was a little bit more than a bent fender,ma’am. | 事情比挡泥板要严重些 女士 |
[07:41] | I was winning the damn thing. I hit the 50-mile mark in record time. | 我可是赢了 以创纪录的时间冲过50迈的标记 |
[07:44] | Well,maybe you can help us out then,Ms.– | 或许你可以帮我们 女士– |
[07:47] | Uh,Kathy Veck.She’s the CEO of Veck Oil. | Kathy Veck 她是Veck石油公司的CEO |
[07:49] | She’s one of our premier racers and a very generous sponsor. | 她是成绩最好的车手之一 也是位慷慨的赞助商 |
[07:53] | Hitch a “former” on the last one,Bo. I didn’t fly from Houston to have my truck in park. | 后面那个加上”前”字 我从休斯顿飞来可不是为了停车 |
[07:56] | Ms. Veck,the accident that we’re investigating happened at around the 47-mile marker. | Veck女士 我们正在调查 47迈标记附近的事故 |
[08:01] | You didn’t happen to see anything,did you? | 你不会刚好看到了什么吧? |
[08:03] | I-It would’ve been a fly in my rearview at the pace I was hauling. | 以我开的速度 从后视镜看起来多半像是苍蝇 |
[08:05] | Well,maybe your co-pilot saw something? | 你的副驾驶有看到吗? |
[08:08] | It’s not a plane,okay? And I drive alone. | 那不是飞机好吧? 只有我一个人开 |
[08:10] | Now if you’ll excuse me,I’d like to get back to reaming this sorry son of a bitch. Let’s go. | 可以的话我现在想回去弄死这家伙 我们走 |
[08:14] | Been a pleasure. | 很高兴和你交谈 |
[08:18] | In life,he may have been a weekend road warrior,but in cause of death he joins some of racing’s greats. | 活着时他或许只开了1周赛车 但死因上跟伟大的车手无异 |
[08:25] | Blood and cerebrospinal fluid excreted from his ear suggest C.O.D. was a basal skull fracture. | 耳道里有血和脑脊液 说明颅底骨折 |
[08:31] | Same way Earnhardt and other champions met their finish line. | 跟Earnhardt和其他冠军一样 Dale Earnhardt:传奇车手 2001年死于 Daytona 500英里大赛最后一圈 |
[08:34] | When a driver’s body is strapped in,but his head is free… | 车手身体被固定 但头部还能自由活动… |
[08:39] | the crash transfers the vehicle’s momentum to the head,driving it forward. | 冲撞力从车身传到头部 惯性向前 |
[08:43] | The neck strains to hold the head back. | 脖子却拉扯着向后 |
[08:45] | Tension Fractures the base of the skull, | 拉力导致了颅底骨折 |
[08:49] | severing blood vessels near the spinal chord,resulting in massive hemorrhaging. | 造成脊柱附近动脉横断大出血 |
[08:54] | So he was dead before the fire got to him. | 这么说他在失火前就死了 |
[08:56] | Yeah,but perhaps his fate was fated by biology. | 但他的命运也许是生物学造成的 |
[09:01] | What do you mean,Doc? | 什么意思? |
[09:02] | The odd growths on his eyelids in his brain,they present like Urbach-Wiethe disease. | 他眼皮和大脑上长的东西 像是皮肤粘膜类脂沉积症 |
[09:11] | A rare genetic disorder that causes waxy obstructions to grow throughout the body. | 罕见的遗传病 导致身体蜡样病变 |
[09:16] | That sounds horrifying. | 好恐怖 |
[09:18] | Not to him. | 他还没到那种程度 |
[09:20] | In our young man’s case,the growths surround the amygdala. | 本案中 他的杏仁核附近有沉积 |
[09:24] | The region of the brain controlling memory and emotional response. | 是控制记忆和情绪的区域 |
[09:27] | I read a study where obstructions of the amygdala resulted in a patient being absolutely fearless. | 我读过一篇论文 说杏仁体损伤的病人 毫无畏惧的感情 |
[09:35] | Not a bad trade for a guy with a need for speed. | 对车手来说不见得是坏事 |
[09:38] | Except when it gets you killed. | 除非把你害死了 |
[09:41] | Okay,so I’ll do it at your place tonight. | 今晚在你家吧 |
[09:44] | And,um,I’ll call you if I’m gonna be late. | 如果我晚来 我会打电话的 |
[09:47] | Oh,there is no way that I would ever let you go to sleep. | 我才不会让你睡 |
[09:53] | Oh,my goodness. | 我的天 |
[09:54] | Can I call you back? | 一会儿再打给你行不? |
[09:57] | Oh,I’m so sorry. That is really embarrassing. | 抱歉 太丢脸了 |
[09:59] | Don’t be embarrassed. I’m just glad someone around here is having a personal life. | 没事 我很高兴这儿有人有私人生活 |
[10:03] | Really? Aren’t you going out with Greg? | 是吗? 你不是在跟Greg约会吗? |
[10:07] | Oh,no. | 没有 |
[10:08] | Nick? | |
[10:09] | No. | 不是 |
[10:11] | You’re with Hodges. | 那就是Hodges |
[10:12] | No. | 才没有 |
[10:16] | So that phone call was… Detective Moreno? | 那通电话…是Moreno警探? |
[10:20] | Oh,that is a definite yes. | 那是肯定的 |
[10:25] | All right then. Well,since we’re on the subject of men,what do you say we try and identify Racer X? | 既然说到男人 我们不妨试试 找出车手X的真名? |
[10:35] | So we start by cleaning up the smeared logo. | 那就从清理图标开始吧 |
[10:40] | Then apply edge detection. | 然后边缘加强 检测 |
[10:47] | It’s military. | 军队的图样 |
[10:48] | Okay,let’s see if he’s in that battalion. | 看他是不是军人 |
[10:58] | Top row,second from the right. | 第一行 右数第二个 |
[11:00] | Looks like our vic. | 看起来像是死者 |
[11:01] | The dead driver’s name is Jack Breslin. | 车手名字是Jack Breslin |
[11:04] | 25,from Mesquite. Served in Iraq. | 25岁 从梅斯基特来 在伊拉克服役过 |
[11:06] | Two tours. Bronze Star. | 2轮服役期 青铜勋章 |
[11:09] | He’s a regular war hero. | 通常意义上的战争英雄 |
[11:11] | Yeah,we’re trying to locate his next of kin. | 还在找他的亲人 |
[11:13] | But we did locate his apartment. | 但已经找到了地址 |
[11:14] | – Find anything? – Uh,not in the apartment. | – 发现了什么? – 公寓里没什么发现 |
[11:17] | But we were able to find a very interesting voice mail. | 但有条很有趣的电话留言 |
[11:20] | Jack,listen,they’re onto us. | Jack 听着 他们冲着我们来了 |
[11:22] | We’re not going to be able to pull this off. | 我们赢不了的 |
[11:24] | Walk away. Don’t get into that truck. | 放弃吧 不要上车 |
[11:27] | Sorry,man. | 对不起 |
[11:28] | Ran a trace. Call came from a disposable phone. | 追踪过了 电话来自一次性手机 |
[11:32] | According to the phone company’s server,this was the last message left on Breslin’s voice mail. | 根据运营商记录 这是Breslin的最后一通留言 |
[11:36] | I’m betting he never got it. | 他肯定没能听到 |
[11:45] | What are you doing,homework? | 你在做什么 作业吗? |
[11:48] | You know I’ve been studying for my criminalistics certification. | 你知道我在学刑事鉴定吧 |
[11:52] | I never really liked math in school,but you throw in a little ballistics,some TNT,bit of blood– it’s pretty cool. | 念书时我从没喜欢过数学 但加上弹道学 炸药和血之后就有趣了 |
[11:57] | Cool. | 不错 |
[11:59] | But shouldn’t you be doing that on your own time? | 但你该在业余时间做吧? |
[12:01] | I’m actually working the case. | 我是在忙案子呢 |
[12:05] | And I think that we’re looking at it all wrong. | 而且我认为我们都错了 |
[12:07] | Cite your source. | 证明一下呢 |
[12:09] | The debris field. | 残骸分布区域 |
[12:11] | It’s way too big for an accidental explosion,like you theorized. | 对于像你猜的事故性爆炸来说太广了 |
[12:15] | No offense. | 毫无冒犯之意 |
[12:16] | None taken… if you’re right. | 没关系…如果你说得对 |
[12:19] | Well,based on the size and direction of impact to the fuel tank,we’re looking at a seriously big bang. | 根据油箱大小和受冲击方向看 这该是场大爆炸 |
[12:27] | First calculation. | 最初的答案 |
[12:28] | I estimated that at least 25 hundred mega joules of energy were released by that blast. | 我估计爆炸至少释放了 2500兆焦耳的能量 |
[12:34] | That is a lot more than just fuel igniting. Sounds like an explosive. | 比油箱炸裂大多了 应该是爆炸 |
[12:38] | Which would explain the indentation to the bottom of the fuel tank. | 可以解释为何油箱底部凹了进去 |
[12:45] | The explosion goes out in all directions. | 爆炸向各方冲击 |
[12:47] | Upward causing the tank to indent,and downward sending the initiator | 向上冲击了油箱底部 向下冲击点火装置 |
[12:51] | and switch into the ground at the point of detonation. | 并将之炸进了起爆点附近的地里 |
[12:54] | Now,the crime scene sketches show the distribution of debris extending out about 200 feet in a roughly conical pattern. | 现场草图显示残骸分布大概呈圆锥形 |
[13:03] | So the truck– it’s moving at 80 miles per hour. | 那么车 ―时速130公里 |
[13:06] | That’s about 117 feet per second. | 每秒35.7米 |
[13:13] | Don’t patronize me,mathlete. | 别那么看我 奥数选手 |
[13:15] | The truck’s momentum would have given all of this debris an extra hundred or so feet of flight,putting the actual point of detonation… | 车的动量让残骸都飞出三十多米 所以倒推起爆点… |
[13:24] | A hundred feet back. | 三十多米之前 |
[13:25] | Here. | 这儿 |
[13:26] | Explains why we didn’t find an initiator or a switch at the scene. | 解释了我们为何没能找到点火装置 |
[13:29] | They were buried back there. | 是被埋在了更往前的地方 |
[13:31] | Want to test your big bang theory? | 想测试下大爆炸论的真实性吗? |
[14:12] | Nitroglycerine residue. | 有硝化甘油残留 |
[14:14] | Dynamite. Plus all that gas. | 炸药 再加上汽油 |
[14:16] | That’s one hell of a bomb. | 这是个大炸弹 |
[14:18] | Good call. | 干得好 |
[14:19] | Thank Russell. He’s the one who pushed me to get my IAI certification. | 要谢谢Russell 是他帮我得到了 国际鉴定协会资格证 |
[14:23] | So,we’re looking for a bomb,but why? | 那我们该找炸弹了 但为什么呢? |
[14:26] | It’s not like the Desert Blast 200 is the Indy 500. | 沙漠疾风200又不像印地赛车500 |
[14:30] | A bunch of weekend warriors out in the desert. I just don’t see them killing each other. | 只不过是群在沙漠中竞技的车手 没觉得他们会互相残杀 |
[14:34] | Maybe it’s not about the race itself,but who’s in the race. | 或许跟比赛本身没关系 是车手的问题 |
[14:38] | We need to find those bomb components. | 必须要找到炸弹碎片 |
[14:40] | I’ll grab Morgan. Go back to the crash site and start digging. | 我带Morgan一起回现场找找 |
[14:48] | I feel like my grandfather. | 穿上背带裤 再来个鸡蛋沙拉三明治 |
[14:51] | All I need are a pair of suspenders and an egg salad sandwich. | 我就活脱成我爷爷了 |
[14:54] | Only we’re not looking for watches and gold doubloons. | 只不过这不是挖金银珠宝 |
[14:57] | I know. We’re looking for a detonator. | 知道 找的是引爆器 |
[15:09] | Beer can pop-top. | 啤酒拉环 |
[15:10] | Keep digging. See if you can find the rest of it. | 继续挖 看看啤酒还在不 |
[15:12] | I could use a beer right now. | 我正口渴呢 |
[15:13] | I’ll buy you a beer when we’re done. How about that? | 这边完事了 我请你喝一罐如何? |
[15:15] | Unless you and Hodges and Mrs.Hodges have plans. | 要是你跟Hodges母子有约就算了 |
[15:18] | Try my dad and Mrs.Hodges. | 我爹跟他老妈有约还差不多 |
[15:33] | Ha-ho,look at this. | 哈哈 瞅瞅 |
[15:36] | Different kind of pop-top. | 这也是个易拉罐 |
[15:39] | Detonator. | 引爆器 |
[15:40] | It’s an RF receiver. | 这是个射频接收器 |
[15:42] | Says that this bomb was detonated remotely. | 说明炸弹是遥控引爆的 |
[15:45] | You know,whoever built this thing had some expertise. | 捣鼓出这玩意的家伙有两把刷子 |
[15:48] | And it means they could have set it off from a distance. | 就是说 他们可以远距离引爆 |
[15:54] | What you got there? | 又找到什么了? |
[15:56] | Metal frag. | 金属碎片 |
[15:59] | Has some kind of serial number. | 有串类似序列号的数字 |
[16:01] | No. Looks more like a VIN number. | 更像是车辆识别代号 |
[16:04] | Judging from the size,I don’t think it’s part of the bomb. | 从碎片大小判断 这东西应该不是炸弹残骸 |
[16:08] | Well,maybe from the truck. | 没准是大卡上的 |
[16:10] | Oh,I found so many cannibalized parts on that rig. | 我从那堆里刨出那么多部件碎片 |
[16:14] | I ran all the numbers,didn’t get any leads. | 把序号查了个遍 一点线索没有 |
[16:17] | Well,maybe this is the lucky number. | 没准这条能走运 |
[16:19] | – I hope you’re right. – Have a little faith. | – 借你吉言 – 别悲观嘛 |
[16:22] | And you still owe me a beer. | 你还欠我罐啤酒呢 |
[16:28] | Mr. Weber, this is your truck,right? | Weber先生 这是你的卡车吧? |
[16:32] | Yeah. What’s this about? | 是 怎么了? |
[16:35] | We found a fragment of an oil pan out in the desert. It was part of a racing truck. | 我们在荒漠里找到一块油盘残骸 它出自一辆参赛卡车 |
[16:39] | But based on the VIN number,we believe that that pan started its life under your vehicle. | 但根据其识别码 它来自你的货车 |
[16:45] | Racing truck? You got to be kidding me. | 比赛的卡车? 开什么玩笑 |
[16:47] | No. Any idea how that might have happened? | 不开玩笑 你知道怎么回事吗? |
[16:53] | You’re not gonna believe this. | 说了你也不信 |
[16:55] | Try me. | 你试试看 |
[16:57] | A month back,I was at Desert Palm Hospital. | 1个月前 我在沙漠棕榈医院 |
[17:00] | My wife… | 我妻子 |
[17:01] | Well… she passed. Cancer. | 哎…去世了 癌症 |
[17:05] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[17:07] | Left me with a broken heart,and a hell of a bill. | 我伤心欲绝 她撒手留下一堆账单 |
[17:11] | I’ve been trying to work something out with the hospital. | 我试着同医院交涉 |
[17:13] | Anyway,I came out and found my truck leaking oil,bad enough I couldn’t drive it. | 总之 我一出门 发现卡车漏油 已没法开了 |
[17:18] | I knew I couldn’t afford to fix it. That’s when these fellows came up. | 我知道没钱修 这时候他们出现了 |
[17:22] | Who? | 谁? |
[17:23] | I’d never seen ’em before. | 之前没见过 |
[17:25] | They checked under the hood. | 他们检查了一下引擎 |
[17:28] | Bad fuel pump and a leaking oil pan,they said. | 说油泵坏了 油盘也漏了 |
[17:33] | They went and bought me a new one. | 他们居然去买了台新的给我 |
[17:36] | – Just like that? – It’s crazy,I know. | – 就这么简单? – 我知道难以置信 |
[17:39] | Just like those Good Samaritans who pay off people’s layaways at Christmas. | 仿佛那些好心人 圣诞节前帮人们还帐 |
[17:43] | By chance… is this one of the Samaritans? | 这个是不是其中之一呢? |
[17:48] | Yeah. Uh,there was another guy with him. Um,wore glasses. | 对 还有个小伙跟他一起 带眼镜 |
[17:53] | While the fellow with the glasses was working on the engine,this… | 眼镜小哥捣鼓引擎那会 |
[17:56] | this guy said something kind of weird. | 这小伙说了句怪话 |
[17:59] | A lot of bad in this world. But we’re trying to make something good. | 这世上恶事太多 我们想尽力为善 |
[18:03] | And sir,we’re gonna make you part of something really special. | 先生 有我们在 这大善里面也有你一份了 |
[18:09] | These guys have a name? | 他们说名字了吗? |
[18:11] | No,they never said. | 始终没提 |
[18:15] | Times have been kind of tough lately. | 最近世道不好 |
[18:19] | What they did was the first true kindness to come my way in a while. | 这么久来 这是我第一次遇到真正的善意 |
[18:25] | These boys didn’t do any harm,did they? | 这些孩子没干什么坏事吧? |
[18:27] | Oh,I-I don’t think so,but I’m afraid that harm may have found them. | 我想没有 可是坏事可能找上门了 |
[18:33] | Oh,hey,I have something for you. | 有东西给你看 |
[18:37] | – What is that? – What is… what is what? | – 那是个啥? – 啥是个啥? |
[18:39] | That… scent. | 那身…味儿 |
[18:43] | It’s my new musk. Rosa Misteriosa. | 我的新香型 神秘蔷薇 |
[18:46] | Right. Your Italian kick. | 好吧 你的意大利鸟语挺给劲 |
[18:49] | It’s like a boot to the nose. | 闻着跟臭皮鞋似的 |
[18:50] | – Too much? – Yeah. | – 抹多了? – 啊对 |
[18:52] | There are some women who like it. | 有些女人可喜欢呢 |
[18:54] | Are we talking about your mother? | 又是说你娘? |
[18:56] | We are talking about none of your business. | 是说让你靠边站去 |
[18:57] | So,I was able to track down the RF receiver that you and Greg found at the crash site. | 我查了一下你跟Greg在现场 找到的频射接收器 |
[19:01] | It’s a fairly common component in do-it-yourself household devices,like doorbells or garage door openers. | 属于常见自制家用配件 比如门铃 车库开门装置 |
[19:06] | – Too common to trace. – Yes. | – 太多人用了 不好查 – 没错 |
[19:08] | However,the tire treads from the vehicle that drove over the debris at the crash site,those treads were unique. | 不过 现场碾过残骸的轮胎印 却是十分特别 |
[19:13] | It’s a Minooka Tires model that hasn’t yet been commercially released. | 是Minooka轮胎 这样式还没正式上市 |
[19:16] | Only demo’d to a few select racing teams. | 只给几支赛车队做过展示 |
[19:19] | Look at the name at the bottom of the list. | 瞅瞅单子底下的名字 |
[19:22] | “Veck Oil Race Team,” as in Kathy Veck. | “Veck 石油赛队” Kathy Veck那个 |
[19:24] | Russell told me about her. | Russell跟我提过 |
[19:28] | Hope he’s got his seatbelt fastened. | 希望他小心脏够坚强 |
[19:30] | Ms. Veck,you said that you were ahead of the Pharaoh’s Motorists truck when it crashed,is that right? | Veck小姐 “法老的司机”出事时 你说你领先于他们? |
[19:38] | Yes,that is right. | 没错 |
[19:39] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定? |
[19:41] | Because the evidence says that you were behind it,and that you didn’t even stop to lend them a hand. | 证据反映的结论却完全相反 你甚至都没停下帮把手 |
[19:48] | You just drove right on by. | 头也不回就开过去了 |
[19:49] | Well,maybe I was mistaken in my first recollection. | 可能以前记错了吧 |
[19:53] | Well,why don’t you tell me what did happen,then? | 那就再说说吧? |
[19:56] | Okay,look,uh… | 好吧 呃 |
[19:58] | I barely saw the fire through the dust and the heat of the race, | 比赛时天热灰大 着火都不怎么看得清 |
[20:03] | and I figured, whoever they were, they would be all right. | 我心想 管他是谁 应该没什么大事 |
[20:09] | And what the heck. You’d be in first place,right? | 管它呢 拿第一就行 是吧? |
[20:12] | Racing is a dangerous sport,Mr.Russell,okay? Accidents happen. | Russell先生 赛车是个危险行当 经常出事故 |
[20:16] | Are you accusing me of something? | 你是想指控我犯罪? |
[20:18] | You lied about where you were and what you saw. | 你连之前处所和所见所闻都撒谎 |
[20:20] | It makes me wonder what else you might have lied about. | 我怎知你还会有什么瞎话等着我 |
[20:23] | – Like eliminating the competition maybe? – Competition? | – 比如除掉竞争对手? – 竞争对手? |
[20:27] | You’re talking about a rookie race team no one’s ever heard of,driving a junkyard mess of spare parts. | 他们是个无名菜鸟车队 捡了几块废铜烂铁拼了辆破车 |
[20:32] | I thought you were just accusing me of bad sportsmanship. You’re talking about,what,sabotage now? | 我以为你之前说我缺乏职业精神 怎么 这就改蓄意破坏了? |
[20:36] | No,actually,much more than that. | 不 比那严重 |
[20:38] | I’m talking about placing a bomb in a racing truck,and then,detonating it remotely. | 是给赛车安置炸弹 并且遥控引爆 |
[20:47] | Look,I don’t know who those Pharaoh boys were,okay? | 我不认识这帮小子 好吧? |
[20:51] | But if anyone had a target on their back in that race,it was me. | 可要说谁在比赛上最招人恨 那肯定是我 |
[20:55] | And why do you think that? | 此话怎讲? |
[20:56] | I run a petroleum company,okay? I’ve got lots of enemies. | 我是开石油公司的 树敌无数 |
[20:59] | Earth-liberators,big-oil haters. People who hate paying at the pump,you name it. | 搞地球解放的 仇恨石油财团的 凡痛恨油价的 随便你数吧 |
[21:04] | Well,I’m in law enforcement. A lot of people hate me,too. | 我是搞执法的 也很招人恨 |
[21:09] | Do they send you a hundred of these a day? | 你也每天收到几百封这样的东西? |
[21:16] | I decided a long time ago not to give them the satisfaction of running and hiding. | 我早就决定了 不躲也不跑 绝不让他们得逞 |
[21:21] | Screw ’em. | 都给我去死 |
[21:23] | “You Veck Oil bitch. “ | “Veck石油的贱人” |
[21:24] | One thing certain is death and taxes,”but since you don’t pay taxes,the only thing certain for you is death.” | “只有死亡 缴税不可避免 既然你不交税 那就等着去死” |
[21:30] | “You destroyed my life,and now I’m going “to soak you in your own oil…and light a match.” | “你毁了我的生活 我要把你 扔进你家的油里 活活烧死” |
[21:35] | Kind of reminds me of the e-mails I used to get from my third wife. | 让我想起第三任老婆发的邮件 |
[21:38] | I mean,come on,it’s horrible,but is it credible? | 是挺吓人的 不过真可信吗? |
[21:40] | Well,it’s credible enough to look into,don’t you think? | 至少是应该查查了 对吧? |
[21:43] | I mean,you got three guys who show up out of nowhere,using aliases,calling themselves some vaguely Middle Eastern name. | 天上掉下3个活雷锋 还不说真名 假名取得跟中东近亲似的 |
[21:50] | And they got a bomb strapped to their truck. | 卡车上居然还有个炸弹 |
[21:53] | Wait a minute– you think these guys are terrorists? | 打住 你觉得他们是恐怖分子? |
[21:55] | Well,domestic,maybe. | 也许是国内的 |
[21:57] | I mean,it fits the message they sent to the driver. | 这也符合他们给司机留的短信警告 |
[22:00] | “Walk away. We’re not going to be able to pull this off.” | “放弃吧 我们赢不了的” |
[22:03] | Sounds to me like someone’s trying to abort the mission,doesn’t it? | 听着像是有人打退堂鼓了 |
[22:07] | We get anything else off that voice-mail? | 除了语音信箱 还有别的吗? |
[22:09] | Henry’s working on it. | Henry正在查 |
[22:10] | Jack,listen,they’re onto us. | Jack 听着 他们冲着我们来了 |
[22:13] | We’re not going to be able to pull this off. Walk awa– | 我们赢不了的 放弃吧– |
[22:17] | Jack,listen,they’re onto us. | Jack 听着 他们冲着我们来了 |
[22:19] | Jack,listen… | Jack 听着… |
[22:30] | I dug out the background audio in the voice mail; | 我把语音留言的背景音提取出来 |
[22:33] | I thought it might help us pin down a location of the anonymous caller. | 也许能找到留言人的所在地 |
[22:35] | Athrok,we’re running out of time! To the fire service cave! Now! | Athrok 没时间了!快去侍火洞! 马上! |
[22:40] | Athrok the Conqueror, that dragon movie. | <征服者Athrok> 那个关于龙的电影 |
[22:43] | You know it’s not in theaters anymore,and I’m pretty sure it didn’t come out on DVD because I wanted to see that. | 影院已下线了 而且肯定没出DVD 我等得眼睛都绿了 |
[22:48] | Wait,you-you like fantasy movies? | 等等 你喜欢奇幻片? |
[22:50] | Yeah. I saw Lord of the Rings, like,40 times. | 当然了 <魔戒>看了不下40遍 |
[22:54] | That’s awesome. | 了不起 |
[22:55] | Okay,now,I called around and Athrok is currently is on just one video-on-demand service being used by ten Vegas hotels. | 我问了下 |
[23:02] | Voicemail came in at 8:17 p.m.. | 留言是晚上8:17进来的 |
[23:04] | Yeah,only one hotel had a customer rent the film at that time. | 那会只有1位住店客人点播 |
[23:07] | Bridgemoor Hotel,Room 20. | Bridgemoor酒店 20号房间 |
[23:09] | So the room is registered under the same fake name as the captain of the Pharaoh’s Motorists team,Doug White. | 房间记在Doug White名下 就是”法老司机”队长的假名 |
[23:14] | He paid in cash,and this is it. | 付现金 就是这儿了 |
[23:18] | LVPD! Open up! | 维加斯警察! 开门! |
[23:31] | Bathroom’s clear. | 卫生间没人 |
[23:32] | Yeah,it’s clear out here. | 这里也是 |
[23:35] | Ah,pictures of Kathy Veck. Maybe some other targets,too. | Kathy Veck的照片 也许有其它目标呢 |
[23:42] | We got a Malcolm Platt. | 找到个Malcolm Platt |
[23:45] | “Clive Morris.” Our other two White brothers. | “Clive Morris” 另外2个White同党 |
[23:48] | Look at this. | 瞅瞅这个 |
[23:51] | U.S. Army Field Manual,Anarchist Cookbook,>Guide to U.S. Government acilities. | 美军实战手册 无政府必备 巧取美政府设备 |
[23:57] | Guess these guys are serious. | 看来他们是玩真的 |
[24:01] | – I thought you said it was clear. – It was. | – 你不是说没人吗 – 刚才是没人 |
[24:07] | Well,this is a new one. | 又来个新的 |
[24:09] | Usually we gotta stop them from going out the window. | 一般是跳窗得拦着 |
[24:11] | Get up. | 起来 |
[24:14] | Keep your hands where I can see them. Right here. | 举起手来 放那儿 |
[24:17] | Let’s see which White brother we got. | 看看这又是哪个White兄弟 |
[24:20] | “Clive Morris.” | |
[24:21] | My name doesn’t matter. | 名字不重要 |
[24:24] | There are more just like me. | 我不是一个人在战斗 |
[24:28] | You’ll never stop us all. | 你们无法除掉我们所有人 |
[24:46] | Looks like Kathy Veck isn’t the only one you have issues with,Clive. | 就好像跟你结梁子的 不止Kathy Veck一个 对吧 |
[24:50] | You have no right to these documents. | 你们无权打开这些文件 |
[24:52] | Clive,we know where Jack is. | Clive 我们找到Jack了 |
[24:55] | Wh-wh-where’s Malcolm? | Malcolm在哪儿? |
[24:59] | Clive? You said there were others out there like you. | Clive? 你说还有其他人 |
[25:02] | Where’s Malcolm? | Malcolm在哪儿? |
[25:04] | What are you all planning? Another attack? | 你们在计划什么? 另一次袭击? |
[25:07] | Whatever the battle calls for. | 只要是斗争需要 |
[25:09] | Well,I’m sorry. What battle is that again? | 什么斗争来着? |
[25:13] | I stand in solidarity with all people targeted by government control and economic violence. | 我跟受政府控制与经济伤害的人 站在一起 |
[25:19] | What about Jack Preston? | Jack Preston呢? |
[25:21] | Did he stand with you before he blew himself up? | 他自爆以前也是跟你一起? |
[25:26] | I know you have cameras taping this. | 我知道你们在录像 |
[25:29] | They’re for your protection,Clive,and ours. | 那是为了保护你 Clive 还有我们 |
[25:36] | I like your glasses. | 我喜欢你的眼镜 |
[25:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:40] | Yeah,my,uh,my wife helped me pick these out. | 老婆帮忙选的 |
[25:46] | Do you wear glasses,Clive? | 你戴眼镜吗 Clive? |
[25:50] | Don’t need them. | 不需要 |
[25:51] | Glad we got that straight. | 多谢坦诚 |
[25:52] | Look,I get it. Veck Oil are Earth vampires,and your mission… | 我明白 “Veck石油”是现世的吸血鬼 你的任务… |
[25:57] | Oh,so you know what’s going on inside my mind now,do you? | 你成了我肚子里的蛔虫啦? |
[26:00] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你们那点伎俩 |
[26:04] | I know who you are,and I’m done talking. | 我知道你是谁 我无话可说了 |
[26:09] | I can’t tell you what’s going on inside Clive Morris’s mind, | 我不知Clive Morris在想什么 |
[26:12] | but I can tell you what’s going on inside his laptop. | 但我知道他手提电脑里有什么 |
[26:14] | I pulled some of these images from his hard drive,the rest are from the motel room. | 我从硬盘里调出几张图片 剩下是汽车旅馆的图像 |
[26:18] | Pictures of the municipal court,Federal Building,City Hall… | 市政大厅 联邦大厦 大会堂… |
[26:22] | Kathy Veck. | |
[26:23] | These guys entered the race anonymous looking for an opportunity to blow her up. | 这帮人匿名参加比赛 就为找个机会把她炸飞 |
[26:28] | Yeah,well,good plan,bad execution. | 想法不错 操作不当 |
[26:30] | Driver’s dead,co-driver’s missing. You think it was Clive? | 司机死了 副驾失踪 你觉得是Clive? |
[26:33] | No,it can’t be Clive. | 不可能是他 |
[26:34] | He has no injuries,and he tested negative for any bomb residue. | 他身上没伤 也未测出爆炸物残留 |
[26:38] | So the co-driver’s still out there,hopefully not shifting their focus from a rich CEO to other targets. | 副驾还没找到 希望别又把目标 转到其它富豪CEO身上 |
[26:44] | Big,bad government. | 大政府 坏政府 |
[26:45] | You know,I’m not buying any of this. | 我还是不信这些 |
[26:47] | Really? You’re the one who brought up this whole domestic terrorist theory. | 是吗? 国内恐怖这一套还是你说的 |
[26:51] | I know,but we-we processed that entire motel room. | 可整个汽车旅馆被我们查个底朝天 |
[26:54] | We didn’t find any trace of nitrates,we didn’t find any bomb-making material. | 一点硝酸盐痕迹都没有 找不到炸弹制作材料 |
[26:58] | Well,maybe their bomb factory was someplace else. | 也许炸弹厂在别处 |
[27:00] | You know,I’m beginning to think their heads are someplace else. | 我开始觉得 也许头领在别处 |
[27:03] | Clive Morris asked me about my-my glasses. | Clive Morris 问我眼镜的事 |
[27:06] | So? | 所以呢? |
[27:07] | It was the way he asked me. You know,it was like… | 他问的方式 就好像… |
[27:10] | A-Anyway,I’ve known a few revolutionaries in my time,true believers,all anger,no fear. | 这辈子我见过几个闹革命的虔诚信徒 满腔愤恨 无所畏惧 |
[27:17] | With Clive Morris,it was just about the opposite. | Clive Morris却截然相反 |
[27:20] | Because he’s paranoid. | 他是个偏执狂 |
[27:22] | I ran him through missing persons. | 我查了下失踪人口 |
[27:24] | Turns out he wandered off from Desert Palm where he was being treated for paranoid personality disorder, | 他患偏执人格障碍 一直接受治疗 结果从沙漠棕榈医院走失了 |
[27:28] | and he wasn’t alone. | 他还不是一个人 |
[27:30] | Malcolm Platt is also AWOL from the psych ward,and Jack Breslin was an out-patient. | Malcolm Platt也是精神病院走失病人 Jack Breslin在那里看门诊 |
[27:38] | They called themselves “The Three Musketeers.” | 他们自封”三个火枪手” |
[27:40] | They met here in group therapy,as part of our treatment program. | 他们在此碰面做集体治疗 这是治疗的一部分 |
[27:44] | What can you tell me about them? | 你都了解哪些情况? |
[27:46] | Jack Breslin was a decorated war hero. | Jack Breslin是个战争英雄 受过勋 |
[27:48] | The very thing that made him a great soldier is what made his reentry into civilian life so difficult. | 让他成为勇士的因素也是 让他回复平民生活如此困难的原因 |
[27:53] | Urbach-Wiethe syndrome,predisposition toward reckless behavior. | 皮肤粘膜类脂沉积 容易鲁蒙行事 |
[27:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:57] | Clive Morris was the exact opposite,consumed by fear,paranoia. | Clive Morris是另一个极端 被恐惧吞噬 妄想狂 |
[28:02] | The courts referred him to me five months ago. | 5个月前 法庭给我提过他 |
[28:04] | Police say he’s led them on a number of high-speed car chases? | 警方说他率领他们进行了 多次高速汽车追逐? |
[28:07] | Clive believed he was being followed by the CIA,the FBI,the usual paranoid fantasies. | Clive相信自己被CIA FBI盯梢 都是妄想狂通常幻想的事 |
[28:12] | What about,uh,Malcolm Platt? What’s his diagnosis? | Malcolm Platt怎么回事? 他的诊断结果是什么? |
[28:16] | Malcolm is schizophrenic. Suffers delusions of grandeur. | Malcolm是精神分裂 被勇士的幻想所折磨 |
[28:19] | Is he dangerous? | 他很危险吗? |
[28:21] | I would describe him more as,uh… volatile. | 可以把他描述为…情绪多变 反复无常 |
[28:25] | When the three of them were together,did they ever discuss acts of violence? | 他们3个碰头时 是否讨论过暴力行动? |
[28:28] | Oh,hardly. They all shared one love. | 几乎没有 他们有个共同爱好 |
[28:32] | What’s that? | 是什么? |
[28:33] | Auto racing. | 赛车 |
[28:34] | Every weekend,without fail,The Three Musketeers would get together for popcorn and a race, | 每周末 3个火枪手必定聚会 嚼点爆米花 来场追逐赛 |
[28:39] | cheering on their favorites. | 为喜欢的运动欢呼雀跃 |
[28:44] | I asked Clive once why he liked racing so much. | 我曾问过Clive 为何如此热爱赛车 |
[28:47] | And he said,”Where else can a bunch of mechanics become heroes?” | 他说”还有什么方式能让机械师变成英雄?” |
[28:51] | Do you think Clive is the leader of the group? | 你认为Clive是这个小团体的头吗? |
[28:53] | Clive? No. | Clive? 不会 |
[28:54] | Malcolm was the one always leading the charge. | Malcolm 才是老大 |
[28:56] | Yeah,we’ve been looking for him. | 是的 我们一直在找他 |
[28:58] | Any idea where he might be? | 知道他可能上哪吗? |
[29:00] | All I know is Malcolm’s mother said he called her two days ago from a pay phone, | 我只知道Malcolm的母亲说 2天前他从付费电话亭给她电话 |
[29:04] | told her he was on some kind of mission. | 告诉她 他正执行某项任务 |
[29:07] | I pulled Malcolm Platt’s rap sheet. I’d say volatile is putting it mildly. | 我调出了Malcolm Platt的犯罪记录 反复无常说的还算委婉了 |
[29:11] | Three attempted auto thefts,three attempted assaults, | 3次窃车未遂 3次袭击未遂 |
[29:14] | The guy has delusions of being rich and owning fast cars. | 那家伙幻想自己是富豪 拥有超级跑车 |
[29:17] | He walks into a dealership,grabs a key and conducts his own grand-theft test drive. | 他步入经销店 拿起钥匙 开始<侠盗猎车>版的试车 |
[29:21] | That’s a good way to avoid haggling,right? | 那是避免讨价还价的好办法 对吗? |
[29:23] | Yeah,until the salesperson tries to stop you. | 没错 直到销售员想阻止他 |
[29:27] | Are you playing hangman? | 你玩猜词游戏吗? |
[29:30] | No,no,more like a brain teaser. | 不 更像脑力锻炼 |
[29:33] | “A Pharaoh’s Motorists.” | “一个法老的驾驶员” |
[29:36] | “A” at the beginning was bothering me,so I started rearranging the letters. | 我对开头的字母A感到不解 所以重新组合了字母 |
[29:41] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[29:43] | “Athos,Porthos,Aramis.” The Three Musketeers. | “Athos,Porthos,Aramis” “三个火枪手” |
[29:47] | Yeah,see,I don’t think we’re looking at a sleeper cell. | 看到没 我不认为我们在找个潜伏间谍 |
[29:50] | I think we’re looking at-at dreamers,you know? Misfits. | 我觉得我们找的是梦想家? 不合时宜者 |
[29:54] | Guys who were obsessed with racing wanted to win the big one. | 沉湎于赛车的人 想要赢取大赛 |
[29:58] | And how do you explain the bomb? | 你怎么解释炸弹的事? |
[30:01] | I can’t right now,but I-I just know when I’m looking at Clive Morris that I’m not looking at a killer. | 暂时还不能 但我清楚 当我注视Clive Morris时 我看到的并非杀手 |
[30:08] | The glasses,right? | 眼镜 对吗? |
[30:11] | Paranoid personality disorder. | 偏执型人格障碍 |
[30:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:16] | I’ve seen it before,and um… growing up the way I did with my crazy,wandering family,I was always the weird one. | 我以前见过…在一个疯狂错乱的家庭里长大 我总是显得古怪 |
[30:24] | Couldn’t have been easy living in a van. | 生活在货车里一定很不容易 |
[30:26] | No,but every summer,I got this little taste of normal. | 是的 但每年夏天 我有点正常兴趣 |
[30:30] | You know,we’d always land at my cousin’s house for a-a whole month. | 我们总会借我堂兄的房子1个月 |
[30:35] | He was a really good kid. Great at basketball. | 他是个好孩子 擅长篮球 |
[30:37] | But one summer,he started telling me about this birdhouse that a neighbor had built across the street. | 但有年夏天 他给我讲述街对面的邻居 造的鸟巢 |
[30:43] | He was convinced that there was a camera inside it,right? | 他确信那里面藏着摄像头 |
[30:48] | Every time we walked by it,he’d look up and smile and then,pfft,flip it off. | 每次我们路过它 他会抬头微笑 然后吐口水 用手指弹它 |
[30:54] | Yeah. “They’re watching.” | 没错 “他们在监视你” |
[30:56] | Yeah. The way Clive Morris was looking around the room for the cameras,reminded me of my cousin. | Clive Morris环视房间的神情 让我想起堂兄 |
[31:02] | It got worse,too. | 比那还要糟糕 |
[31:04] | Towards the end,he,uh,he even thought that my glasses were cameras, | 直到最后 他甚至觉得我的眼镜也是摄像头 |
[31:08] | and that I was recording his every move. | 我在记录他的每个动作 |
[31:10] | What happened to him? | 他怎么样了? |
[31:13] | Not a happy ending. | 结局不怎么好 |
[31:21] | Yeah,I know a little bit about,uh… that kind of sad ending myself. | 我自己多少也了解一些…那种悲剧结局 |
[31:26] | My mom. | 我母亲 |
[31:29] | I didn’t know that. I’m sorry. | 我不知道 很遗憾 |
[31:31] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[31:34] | Oh,Henry. | 嗨 Henry |
[31:37] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[31:42] | What do you got? | 有什么发现? |
[31:43] | I’ve been tracking how Kathy Veck received her digital death threats. | 我在追查Kathy Veck如何收到电邮死亡威胁 |
[31:48] | Now,the majority of recent ones came from an e-mail account belonging to Malcolm Platt. | 最近那些威胁中 大部分都来自 Malcolm Platt的账户 |
[31:54] | I had a feeling about this guy. | 我对那家伙有种感觉 |
[31:55] | The last one was sent an hour ago. Now,I traced it to his active IP. | 最近一条发自1小时前 我追踪到了他正使用的IP地址 |
[31:59] | It was routed though a hotspot in the middle of the desert,the middle of nowhere. | 正好经过沙漠中的某个无线热点 荒凉之地 |
[32:03] | More like a middle of The Desert Blast 200 course. | 更像位于沙漠疾风200的赛段中间 |
[32:05] | I heard the race was back on,so Kathy Veck’s probably there,right? | 听说车赛重开了Kathy Veck很可能就在那里 对吗? |
[32:14] | Veck never showed at the starting line. Nobody’s seen her all morning. | Veck从未出现在先发阵容里 整个早上都没人看到她 |
[32:17] | They figured she probably dropped out of the race. | 他们认为她多半退赛了 |
[32:18] | Yeah,then what’s her camp still doing here? | 是吗 那为什么她的营地还在这里? |
[32:20] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[32:23] | Wait,hold up. That looks like blood right there,boys. | 等等 看上去像血迹 伙计们 |
[32:30] | LVPD! | 维加斯警察! |
[32:52] | It’s Malcolm Platt. | 这是Malcolm Platt |
[32:54] | Malcolm,what happened? | Malcolm 出什么事了? |
[32:56] | It’s Vartann. I need a paramedic ASAP. | 我是Vartann 需要急救员 马上 |
[32:57] | – He took her. – Took who? | – 他带走了她 – 带走谁? |
[33:00] | Kathy. Veck. | |
[33:04] | – He’s gonna kill her. – Who’s gonna kill her,Malcolm? | – 他会杀了她 – 谁想要杀她 Malcolm? |
[33:07] | Paramedics are en route. | 急救员正在路上 |
[33:08] | Malcolm. Malcolm? | |
[33:12] | It’s too late for that now. | 现在来说太晚了 |
[33:13] | – Where’s Kathy Veck? – He didn’t say. | – Kathy Veck在哪? – 他没有说 |
[33:15] | But with all this carnage left behind her,she can’t be headed anywhere good. | 但看她身后留下的一连串屠杀 她凶多吉少 |
[33:30] | Vartann put a BOLO out on Kathy Veck’s racing truck. You got to figure whoever took her,took her in it. | Vartann对Kathy Veck的赛车发了通缉令 你得找出谁绑架了她 |
[33:34] | And look what Nick found next to Veck’s pit. | 看看Nick在Veck的修理站里找到了什么 |
[33:37] | Empty box of dynamite. | 甘油炸药的空盒 |
[33:38] | That used to have 20 pieces. | 本来有20片的 |
[33:41] | Maybe our guy with the gun took them along on his ride with Kathy. | 也许持枪凶犯把它们和Kathy一起带走了 |
[33:44] | That is a lot of firepower. | 那可是一大堆火药 |
[33:46] | Who would Malcolm trust this much that he went along with him? | 谁会让Malcolm如此信任追随? |
[33:49] | I mean,with Jack dead and Clive in custody,there aren’t any other Musketeers. | Jack死了 Clive被捕 再也没有火枪手了 |
[33:54] | You know,I don’t want to sound like Russell,but wasn’t there a Fourth Musketeer in the original story? | 我不想听起来像Russell 可小说里不还有第4个火枪手吗? |
[33:59] | Yes. And… we still have a Musketeer in lockup who may be able to tell us who that is. | 没错 牢里还有个火枪手 也许能告诉我们那是谁 |
[34:07] | I’ve never raced a car before. I guess I don’t like to go fast. | 我从未赛过车 我想我不喜欢开快车 |
[34:11] | What about you,Clive? Why do you race? | 你怎么样 Clive? 你干嘛赛车? |
[34:17] | Oh,no,it’s not a camera. And these… these aren’t,either. | 不 这不是摄像头 这些…也不是 |
[34:21] | Here. I’m sorry,I’ll… put ’em away. | 我很抱歉 我会…把他们放别处去 |
[34:24] | Why do you care? | 你干嘛关心这些? |
[34:26] | We’re profiling you; it’s what we do,Clive. | 我们正对你进行侧写 我们就干这活 Clive |
[34:29] | My guess is that you love the danger of racing. | 我猜你热爱赛车的风险性 |
[34:32] | It’s a way for you to embrace all of your fear and channel it into adrenaline. | 这是你拥抱恐惧 转化为肾上腺素的方式 |
[34:36] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不明白自己在说什么 |
[34:37] | I think we do. I don’t even think that you knew there was a bomb in that truck. | 我觉得我们知道 我不认为你知道车上有炸弹 |
[34:42] | Neither did Jack. | Jack也不知道 |
[34:43] | Malcolm,though,I’m not so sure about. | Malcolm 虽然我并不十分确定 |
[34:44] | No. | 是的 |
[34:48] | Malcolm was committed to winning the race,too. | Malcolm也是坚决想赢得比赛 |
[34:51] | Winning the race– that’s all you guys wanted,isn’t it? | 赢得比赛―那就是你们想要的 对吗? |
[34:56] | The message you left for Jack about not getting in the truck… | 你给Jack留的短信 不要上车… |
[35:01] | it wasn’t about the bomb– you didn’t even know it was a bomb. | 它和炸弹无关―你甚至不知道那是炸弹 |
[35:03] | So what were you afraid of? | 你当时害怕什么? |
[35:08] | I saw the way she was looking at us. | 我看到了她注视我们的眼神 |
[35:11] | The night before the race. | 比赛前一晚 |
[35:13] | Her and her goons. | 她和她的傻逼手下 |
[35:15] | Kathy Veck? | |
[35:16] | I knew she wasn’t gonna let us win. | 我清楚她不会让我们赢的 |
[35:19] | I knew she was gonna ruin our one chance. | 我清楚她会毁掉我们唯一的机会 |
[35:22] | What do you mean,your… | 你什么意思 你们唯一的… |
[35:23] | Our chance to show Kathy Veck that money doesn’t always rule. | 我们的机会 去告诉Kathy Veck 金钱并非总能统治一切 |
[35:28] | What does rule,Clive? | 那什么能统治 Clive? |
[35:30] | Heart. Truth. Loyalty. | 热爱 真实 忠诚 |
[35:39] | You know,I know I’m not gonna ever convince you to trust me,so I’m just gonna tell you what I believe. | 我明白我不会说服你信任我 所以我只想告诉你我相信的 |
[35:46] | I don’t think you’re a stupid man. I think you’re very bright. | 我不认为你是个傻瓜 我觉得你很聪明 |
[35:50] | People like Kathy Veck don’t have to get their hands dirty to win. | 像Kathy Veck那样的人不需要耍诡计去赢 |
[35:53] | She didn’t put that bomb on your truck,but somebody did,and that someone had access to your truck. | 她没有把炸弹放你们车上 别人干的 能上你们车的人 |
[36:01] | There’s a Fourth Musketeer,isn’t there? | 还有第4个火枪手 是吗? |
[36:05] | Oh,come on,Clive,what just happened to… to heart,truth,loyalty? | 别犯傻了 Clive 热爱 真实 忠诚不灵了? |
[36:10] | I mean,whoever did it killed your friends. | 做那事的人杀了你的朋友 |
[36:13] | Don’t you think you owe them a little justice? | 你不觉得你欠他们一点点公正? |
[36:16] | Clive…you’ve got to help us. | Clive…你得帮帮我们 |
[36:32] | Entering the truck was his idea. He helped us build it. | 参加赛车是他的主意 他帮我们造的 |
[36:37] | He said he was gonna make us part of something really special. | 他说这大善里面也有你们一份了 |
[36:41] | There was a lot of bad in the world. | 这世上恶事太多 |
[36:44] | He was trying to make something good. | 他想尽力为善 |
[36:47] | I’ve heard those words before. | 我听过这些话 |
[36:50] | Your Fourth Musketeer told me the same thing. | 你们第4个火枪手对我说过同样的话 |
[36:56] | Art Weber is the Fourth Musketeer. | Art Weber就是第4个火枪手 |
[36:59] | He didn’t expect us to follow that oil pan back to them. | 他没料到我们会根据机油盘追踪到他们 |
[37:01] | He even said himself that he was gonna tell me a crazy story,which I fell for. | 他亲口说过他将告诉我一个疯狂的故事 我还真信了 |
[37:06] | He’s a retired engineer. Worked at Ferndale Mining Company. | 他是个退休工程师 为Ferndale矿业公司工作 |
[37:09] | Wait a minute. | 稍等 |
[37:10] | Serial number on the empty box of dynamite we found at the scene traces back to Ferndale Mining Company. | 现场发现的空甘油炸药盒上的序列号 说明盒子来自Ferndale矿业公司 |
[37:15] | Guess we know who the bomb maker is. | 看来我们找到炸药制造者了 |
[37:17] | And according to my math,Art used only two sticks of dynamite on that racing truck. | 就我的数学能力 Art在那辆赛车上 只用了2根炸药 |
[37:22] | Dynamite crate held 20. | 一箱甘油炸药有20根 |
[37:23] | I mean,he’s got enough to… take down a building. | 他还有足够的…去炸毁一幢大楼 |
[37:29] | Okay,Web search brought up some posts made to an Internet forum: SickWithRage.com. | 网络搜索找到了某些发布在 论坛SickWithRage.com上的帖子 |
[37:35] | And this one is from about a month ago. | 这条大概是1个月前贴的 |
[37:38] | Used to be you work your ass off for a company,they’d take care of you and your loved ones,but no more. | 曾为公司流血流汗 他们会照顾你和你的家人 但再也不是了 |
[37:44] | Corporate scum come in,pillage our pensions,strip our health care,leave my wife to die,leave me bankrupt… | 公司人渣进来了 夺走你的养老金 剥夺健康保险 让我老婆等死 让我破产 |
[37:52] | “Hey,just following orders.” Bull. | “嗨 只是按规矩办事” 胡扯 |
[37:55] | I will not go gently! | 我不会温柔行事! |
[37:57] | They started this war; I’ll finish it! | 他们打响了这场战争 我将彻底结束它! |
[38:00] | What put Kathy Veck in his crosshairs? | Kathy Veck怎会成为他的目标? |
[38:06] | Ferndale Mining Company,a subsidiary of Veck Oil International. | Ferndale矿业公司 是Veck国际石油的子公司 |
[38:11] | He blames Kathy Veck for his wife’s death,for leaving him penniless… | 他为妻子的死 自己养老金的剥夺而指责Kathy Veck |
[38:15] | So Weber learns that Veck’s gonna be out in the desert racing,alone,vulnerable. | Weber知道Veck将会参加沙漠赛车 独自一人 脆弱易受攻击 |
[38:21] | He sees a rare opportunity to get at her. | 他发现了抓住她的罕见机会 |
[38:24] | Then he meets the Musketeers,also vulnerable in their own way… | 接着他遇见了火枪手们 在某方面同样脆弱不堪… |
[38:27] | He used them. | 他利用了他们 |
[38:29] | He secretly turned their truck into a bomb on wheels. | 他暗中把他们的车变成了活动的炸弹 |
[38:32] | Weber knew from driver radio when that truck was gonna be near Veck’s. | Weber从司机电台里知道那车何时接近Veck的车 |
[38:36] | He detonates the bomb and he misses his target. | 他引爆炸药却错过了目标 |
[38:38] | All right,so Weber switches gears. He kidnaps Veck instead. | 这么说Weber 换了个方法 他绑架了Veck |
[38:42] | But why not kill her? Why take her for a ride? | 但干嘛不杀了她? 干嘛带她走? |
[38:44] | The dynamite. | 炸药 |
[38:46] | He wanted to blow her up at the race,right? | 他想要她在比赛中炸个粉身碎骨 对吧? |
[38:49] | Maybe now he’s planning to make an even bigger statement. | 也许现在他筹划发表更重要的申明 |
[39:15] | Get out of my way if you want to live! | 如果想活命 就让开! |
[39:17] | Mr. Weber? | 是Weber先生吗? |
[39:17] | I’m not talking to the cops! | 我不会和警察说话! |
[39:19] | You people protect scum like her and make guys like me the criminals! | 你们这些人保护她那种人渣 把我这样的人逼成罪犯! |
[39:23] | Get me out of here! This guy is crazy! | 快带我走!这家伙疯了! |
[39:25] | Keep your mouth shut! | 闭上你的嘴! |
[39:26] | Sir,sir,I’m not even gonna try to talk to you,I promise. | 先生 我不打算和你谈 我保证 |
[39:29] | But there’s someone here who wants to. Please. | 可这里有个人想 拜托了 |
[39:33] | Clive,come here. | Clive 过来 |
[39:36] | Hey,look at me,look at me. Settle down. | 看着我 看着我 冷静一下 |
[39:38] | Look at me. Look me in the eyes. | 看看我 看我的眼睛 |
[39:39] | You can do this. All right? | 你能做到的 对吧? |
[39:41] | Just talk to him,just talk to him. | 和他谈谈就行 和他谈谈就行 |
[39:48] | We were supposed to win,Art. | 我们本该赢的 Art |
[39:53] | You’re not gonna win like this. | 你不会想要这样的赢法 |
[39:55] | Get out of here,Clive. | 快滚开 Clive |
[39:58] | No! | 不! |
[40:00] | You said you wanted to make something good. | 你说过你想成为大善的一部分 |
[40:05] | This isn’t what your wife would have wanted… | 这不是你妻子想要的… |
[40:07] | I don’t want to talk about my wife! | 我不想讨论我妻子! |
[40:09] | I know. I-I know you loved her. | 我明白 我―我明白你爱她 |
[40:13] | Like I loved Jack and Malcolm. | 就像我爱Jack和Malcolm |
[40:16] | Please… don’t-don’t hurt anyone else. | 求你了… 别再伤害别人了 |
[40:21] | Look,i-if you do this,people like her,they win– you don’t want that. | 听着 如果―你这样做 像她那种人 他们赢了―你不会想要那样的 |
[40:27] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不知道自己在说什么 |
[40:28] | But I do. | 但我知道 |
[40:31] | He’s right. | 他是对的 |
[40:33] | ‘Cause if you do this,Art, | 因为如果你这么做了 Art |
[40:35] | tomorrow morning,newspapers are gonna say that some crazy guy went nuts and killed a pillar of the community. | 明早报纸就说有个疯子杀死了社会栋梁 |
[40:44] | Wh-What am I supposed to do? | 我―我该怎么做呢? |
[40:50] | Just do the right thing,Art. | 做正确的事就好 Art |
[40:53] | Come on,you don’t want to do this. | 来吧 你不会想这么做的 |
[40:55] | You’re not like her. | 你不像她 |
[41:04] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[41:09] | I’m not. | 我不像 |
[41:26] | Poor Clive. | 可怜的Clive |
[41:28] | Can you imagine,the whole world seems upside down to you, | 能想象一下 你面对的世界突然一片混乱 |
[41:32] | enemies in every shadow,never knowing for sure what’s real and what’s not, | 阴影下到处是敌人 再也不确定什么是真 什么是假 |
[41:38] | and then you finally meet two friends? | 接着你终于遇到了2个朋友? |
[41:41] | People you have a dream in common with. | 和你有共同梦想的人 |
[41:44] | – For once you fit? – Yeah. | – 终有一次 你不再不合时宜? – 是的 |
[41:46] | Like three gears,three damaged gears that are finally meshing,and they’re working, | 像3个车轮 3个坏齿轮终于啮合 正常运转了 |
[41:51] | they’re racing,they’re not just dreaming. | 他们去赛车 他们并非仅仅在梦想 |
[41:54] | Until it all goes up in flames,because… | 直到最后消失在燃烧的火焰里 因为… |
[41:57] | there really was someone lurking in the shadows. | 确实有人潜伏在阴影里 |
[42:01] | Crazy,isn’t it? | 太荒唐了 对吗? |
[42:06] | -=YTET-??????=- ??: ???? ?? Sharon ??: SharonTang ???:???? | |
[42:08] | ?????? ???? ?21? Dune and Gloom | 犯罪现场调查 |