时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The police showed me your rap sheet. You killed a man. | 警方给我看了你的刑事档案 你杀过人 |
[00:06] | – Want to hear what happened? – It doesn’t matter. | -想听听事情的真相吗 -无所谓了 |
[00:09] | I will never believe anything you say ever again. | 我再也不会相信你说的话了 |
[00:11] | Unexpected visitors… | 不期而至的来客 |
[00:14] | – She’s cheating on you? – I think so. | -她对你不忠 -我觉得是 |
[00:16] | – I’ll take care of it. – Thank you, mama. | -我来搞定 -谢谢妈妈 |
[00:18] | …lead to unexpected consequences. | 导致了从未预料的后果 |
[00:21] | Andrew, you almost killed another human being. | 安德鲁 你差点杀了个人 |
[00:24] | She’s lived her life. | 她活得够久了 |
[00:25] | I have my whole life ahead of me | 我还有大好的前程 |
[00:27] | and now it might be screwed up. | 现在却要被这种事搞砸 |
[00:35] | In the coma ward at Sacred Heart hospital, | 在圣心医院的昏迷病房里 |
[00:39] | the dreams begin just after midnight. | 刚过午夜美梦就开始了 |
[00:43] | The pitch black of night gives way to vivid images | 夜色的黑幕被栩栩如生的梦境替代 |
[00:46] | that comfort the dreamer until the morning. | 让梦里的人们安睡到天明 |
[00:51] | Gus, the custodian, | 格斯 管理员 |
[00:53] | dreams of some day winning the lottery | 梦想着有朝一日中个大奖 |
[00:56] | and quitting his thankless job. | 好摆脱他费力不讨好的工作 |
[01:02] | Howard, the security guard, | 霍华德 保安 |
[01:04] | envisions a luxurious retirement in the tropics. | 期待着热带小岛奢华的退休生活 |
[01:10] | Ruth Ann, the night nurse, | 露丝·安 夜班护士 |
[01:13] | fantasizes about leaving her husband. | 幻想着摆脱她的丈夫 |
[01:20] | But the most vivid dreams of all | 不过最丰富多彩的梦境 |
[01:23] | belong to the patient in room 312. | 属于312病房的病人 |
[01:27] | Yes, Juanita Solis had been | 没错 胡安妮塔·索利斯 |
[01:29] | dreaming steadily for five months. | 已经连续做了五个月的梦 |
[01:33] | Sometimes, | 有时 |
[01:34] | of the shocking secret she had uncovered. | 是她发现的那个惊人的秘密 |
[01:40] | Other times, she dreamt of the accident | 有时 是那场 |
[01:43] | that had put her in the hospital. | 导致她住进医院的车祸 |
[01:48] | But her most common dream | 但她最常梦见的 |
[01:51] | was the one in which she finally told her son the truth. | 是她最终把真相告诉了儿子 |
[01:58] | And then one night, | 这天晚上 |
[02:01] | Juanita solis decided it was time… | 胡安妮塔·索利斯决定 是时候 |
[02:05] | …to wake up. | 醒来了 |
[02:15] | Is anybody here? | 有人吗 |
[02:26] | I have to call my son! | 我要给我儿子打电话 |
[03:04] | Even though she knew she was about to die, | 即使她知道自己的时间不多了 |
[03:07] | Juanita didn’t care. | 胡安妮塔也不在乎 |
[03:09] | The truth was finally going to come out. | 她相信真相终将大白 |
[03:12] | Tell my son his wife is cheating on him. | 告诉我儿子她老婆对他不忠 |
[03:16] | Oh, my god! | 上帝啊 |
[03:17] | Sadly for Juanita, this was one dream | 可怜的胡安妮塔 只可惜 |
[03:20] | that would never come true. | 这个梦永远都不会成真了 |
[04:10] | We all honor heroes for different reasons. | 我们因为不同缘由而崇拜英雄 |
[04:13] | Sometimes for their bravery, | 有时因为他们的勇气 |
[04:16] | sometimes for their daring, | 有时因为他们的魄力 |
[04:19] | sometimes for their goodness. | 有时因为他们的善良 |
[04:23] | But mostly we honor heroes because, | 但总的来说 我们崇拜英雄 |
[04:26] | at one point or another, | 多多少少是因为 |
[04:29] | we all dream of being rescued. | 我们都有被拯救的梦想 |
[04:38] | Susan, I know you’re in there. We have to talk. | 苏珊 我知道你在 我们得谈谈 |
[04:42] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[04:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:51] | Everything the cop said is true. I did kill somebody. | 警察说的都是真的 我确实杀了人 |
[04:55] | But there’s one thing they didn’t tell you. | 不过有一件事他们没告诉你 |
[04:57] | I killed for you, Susan. | 我是为你才杀的人 苏珊 |
[05:06] | Susan, if I can’t have you, | 苏珊 如果我不能拥有你 |
[05:08] | no one else can. | 别人也休想 |
[05:09] | Shut up. | 住口 |
[05:23] | Susan, are you home? | 苏珊 你在家吗 |
[05:25] | Susan? Your car’s here. I know you’re in there. | 苏珊 你的车在这 我知道你在家 |
[05:30] | I was hoping we could talk for a minute. | 我希望我们能谈一谈 |
[05:43] | Susan, maybe you should have waited till I left to do that. | 苏珊 或许你该等我走了再拿 |
[05:48] | I know you don’t want to see me right now | 我知道你现在不想见到我 |
[05:49] | but I owe you an explanation, | 但我欠你一个解释 |
[05:51] | and it’s all in there, | 我都写在信里了 |
[05:53] | everything you ever wanted to know about my past, | 包括你想了解的我的过去 |
[05:55] | my reasons for doing what I did. | 我那么做的原因 |
[05:57] | It’s all there. | 通通都在信上 |
[06:21] | Guys, come on. What are you doing? | 伙计们 拜托 你们在干什么 |
[06:26] | You know, just bonding, discussing current events… | 就是聚聚 侃侃大山 |
[06:29] | Seriously, if you’d just parked across the street | 说真的 你要是停在街对面 |
[06:32] | I could have let you go. | 我也就不管你了 |
[06:33] | Why don’t you just pretend like we did? | 你假装我们在对面不就结了 |
[06:37] | Get out of the car. | 下车 |
[06:40] | Get this. | 看着 |
[06:42] | Stop the car! Hey! Hey! | 停车 |
[06:48] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[06:50] | Two months from graduation and he’s expelled. | 只差两个月就毕业了 居然还开除他 |
[06:52] | We are just lucky that security guard did not press charges. | 那个保安没起诉我们 就该谢天谢地了 |
[06:56] | So what are we going to do? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[06:58] | Well, I’m glad that you asked. | 我很高兴你问到这个 |
[07:06] | What are these? | 这是什么 |
[07:08] | Brochures for youth detention centers. | 一些少年感化中心的传单 |
[07:12] | How long have you had these? | 你准备这东西多久了 |
[07:14] | They’ve been in the drawer a few months. | 它们在抽屉里躺了几个月 |
[07:16] | I had a feeling we might need them. | 我预感我们会用到它们 |
[07:18] | Bree… I don’t know. | 布里 我不明白 |
[07:20] | We have to admit that we need help. | 我们得承认我们需要帮助 |
[07:22] | If we can’t get through to Andrew, | 既然我们不能管教好安德鲁 |
[07:24] | we need someone who can. | 那就需要别人来管好他 |
[07:25] | You really want to send our son away | 你真打算把我们的儿子 |
[07:27] | to some prison camp? | 送去那种囚犯集中营吗 |
[07:28] | Don’t be so dramatic. | 先别激动 |
[07:30] | Some of these places actually look fun. | 其实有些地方看起来挺有趣的 |
[07:32] | Look. Camp Hennessy. | 看这个 赫尼西训练营 |
[07:35] | “Teaches kids respect for authority and boundaries | “在夏令营的气氛中教导孩子们 |
[07:37] | in a summer camp atmosphere.” | 学会循规蹈矩” |
[07:40] | The perimeter is surrounded by an electrified fence. | 围墙上配有电网 |
[07:43] | You have to admit that’s an efficient way | 不得不承认那是个教导他们 |
[07:45] | to teach respect for boundaries. | 循规蹈矩的有效方法 |
[07:48] | Ok, how about this one? | 好吧 那这个呢 |
[07:49] | It’s perfect for Andrew. | 太适合安德鲁了 |
[07:51] | It’s a ranch in Montana. | 蒙大拿的一个牧场 |
[07:53] | It has lots of fresh air and plenty of open spaces, | 那里空气新鲜 幅员辽阔 |
[07:55] | and daily classes on anger management. | 日常课程是愤怒控制 |
[07:57] | I’m not comfortable with this. | 我不喜欢这个 |
[07:59] | All right, how about this one? | 好吧 这个怎么样 |
[08:01] | It’s in the desert and it’s very reasonable. | 它在沙漠里 非常合情合理 |
[08:03] | The barracks are a little bit bleak | 兵营有点荒凉 |
[08:06] | but that recidivism rate is to die for. | 不过再犯率为零 |
[08:08] | Bree, I’m not doing it. | 布里 我不会这么干 |
[08:10] | I’m not sending my son away. | 我不会把我儿子送走 |
[08:12] | It’s easy for you, isn’t it? | 你觉得无所谓 是吗 |
[08:14] | You’re not the one he’s rude to, | 他既没有粗鲁地对待你 |
[08:16] | the one he challenges every day. | 也没有天天忤逆你 |
[08:18] | You’re not the one he hates. | 他讨厌的也不是你 |
[08:21] | I’ll talk to him. All right? | 我会跟他谈谈 可以了吗 |
[08:23] | I’ll sit him down for a little old-fashioned heart-to-heart. | 我会和他促膝长谈 |
[08:28] | You talk to him all you want. | 你想谈就谈吧 |
[08:30] | I’m gonna check out the place with the electrified fence. | 我去看看那些带电网的地方 |
[08:36] | Listen, my children, and you shall hear | 仔细听 我的孩子 你会听到 |
[08:39] | of the midnight ride of Paul Revere | 保罗·维尔的午夜狂奔 |
[08:41] | hang a lantern aloft in the belfry arch | 提着灯笼在北边教堂塔楼 |
[08:46] | of the north church tower | 在那高高的灯塔拱门下 |
[08:48] | one if by land, | 一盏来自陆地 |
[08:49] | two if by sea | 两盏来自海上[指英军进攻方式] |
[08:50] | and I on the opposite shore will be. | 而我就会在海的对岸 |
[08:58] | Hi, I wanted to introduce myself to your mom. | 我想向你母亲自我介绍一下 |
[09:01] | I’m Lynette Scavo. | 我是勒奈特·斯加沃 |
[09:03] | Hi, Lynette. I’m Alisa Stevens. | 勒奈特 我是爱丽莎·史蒂文斯 |
[09:05] | Oh, I’m sorry! I thought… | 抱歉 我还以为… |
[09:07] | I read lips. | 我能读唇 |
[09:11] | A lot of the time, signing is just easier. | 大部分时间 手语更容易点 |
[09:13] | I don’t like to misunderstand, or to be misunderstood. | 我不喜欢误解别人 或被人误解 |
[09:17] | – And I’m Lily. – Hi, nice to meet you. | -我是莉莉 -见到你很高兴 |
[09:19] | Hi, mom! | 妈妈 |
[09:21] | That’s my son, Matt. | 那是我儿子 马特 |
[09:23] | My twins talk about Matt all the time. | 我家的双胞胎总是提到马特 |
[09:24] | We should set up a play date. | 我们应该举办一个孩子们的表演日 |
[09:26] | Sounds great. | 好主意 |
[09:27] | – Let’s have dinner too. – I’d love to. | -然后一起吃饭 -太好了 |
[09:30] | – The British are coming! – Giddy-up! Giddy-up! | -英国佬来啦 -驾 驾 |
[09:34] | Even better, let’s just keep it adults. | 或者 还是我们大人聚聚就好 |
[09:37] | Babe, they blinked. | 宝贝 他们服软了 |
[09:39] | We got them by the short hairs. | 我们抓住了他们的小辫子 |
[09:41] | Who? Who blinked? | 谁 谁服软了 |
[09:43] | The da. I just spoke with the lawyers. | 地方检察官 我刚跟律师们谈过了 |
[09:45] | – They offered a plea bargain. – And that’s good? | -他们提供了份认罪协议 -是好事吗 |
[09:48] | It means they know they got a weak case. | 那意味着他们知道自己理亏 |
[09:50] | They don’t think they can win. | 他们觉得自己赢不了 |
[09:52] | – It’s over. – Oh, my god! | -都结束了 -天哪 |
[09:55] | That means we can keep the house! | 那意味着我们能保住房子了 |
[09:57] | No, we still have to sell the house. | 不 我们还是得卖掉房子 |
[09:59] | I gotta pay the lawyers. | 我得付律师费 |
[10:01] | You said they offered a plea bargain. | 你说他们提供了一份认罪协议 |
[10:03] | Yeah, but we’re not gonna take that. | 没错 可我们不会接受 |
[10:06] | Put me down. | 把我放下来 |
[10:08] | Honey, it would mean | 亲爱的 不卖房子的话 |
[10:09] | me going to jail for eight months. | 我就要去蹲8个月的监狱了 |
[10:11] | I think that’s pretty reasonable, | 鉴于你确实罪有应得 |
[10:13] | considering you’re guilty as sin. | 我觉得这很合理 |
[10:14] | You said you were fine with selling. | 你本来同意卖房子的 |
[10:16] | Before I knew we could trade | 那是在我知道蹲一阵子监狱 |
[10:18] | a couple of months in prison to keep it. | 就能保住它之前 |
[10:21] | What?! | 干嘛 |
[10:23] | No, this is her daughter-in-law. | 不是 我是她儿媳 |
[10:25] | Is it the hospital? Is it mama? | 是医院打来的吗 是不是妈妈 |
[10:34] | Uh, thank you. Yes. | 谢谢你 好 |
[10:39] | Gabby? | 加布 |
[10:40] | I’m sorry, Carlos. | 我很遗憾 卡洛斯 |
[10:57] | Some believe people are judged by the way they live life, | 有的人凭当世之事断人 |
[11:02] | and others by the way they leave it. | 有的人则凭身后之事断人 |
[11:05] | I like the lexington mahogany with gold leaf. | 我喜欢这种带金叶的莱克星顿红木 |
[11:08] | It has a pink velvet interior and drapes, | 里面是粉红色的天鹅绒和垂幔 |
[11:11] | plus it’s hand-engraved so in case of a flood or earthquake, | 还有手工雕刻的面板 万一洪水或地震 |
[11:15] | they’ll at least know which one is hers. | 他们至少能辨别出哪个棺材里是她 |
[11:17] | Don’t you think that’s a little over the top? | 你不觉得夸张了点吗 |
[11:20] | Only the best for mama. | 妈妈就要最好的 |
[11:21] | These funeral homes make a fortune | 这些殡仪馆就是要制造一种假象 |
[11:23] | trying to convince people to overspend. | 好说服人们心甘情愿多花钱 |
[11:25] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[11:27] | I’m saying your mother was a sensible woman. | 你母亲很通情达理 |
[11:28] | She wouldn’t be comfortable with bells and whistles. | 她不会喜欢这些花里胡哨没用的装饰 |
[11:31] | Maybe this one. Wood veneer. | 这个吧 木质面板 |
[11:37] | – What? – You never liked mama. | -干嘛 -你从没喜欢过妈妈 |
[11:39] | It’s awfully hard to like someone who actively hates your guts. | 要喜欢一个对你恨之入骨的人很难 |
[11:43] | She always thought you married beneath you | 她一向认为你屈尊娶了我 |
[11:44] | and let me know it. | 而且毫不避讳让我知道 |
[11:46] | She loved you. | 她爱你 |
[11:47] | She treated me like trash! | 她待我如垃圾 |
[11:49] | God rest her soul. | 上帝 让她的灵魂安息 |
[11:50] | I’m putting my mother in the grave. | 我在筹备我母亲的葬礼 |
[11:52] | Now is not the time to pinch pennies. | 现在不是斤斤计较的时候 |
[11:54] | Carlos, we’re not exactly flush with cash right now. | 卡洛斯 我们现在手头很紧 |
[11:57] | Let her be true to her roots. She was born humble. | 她的出身不怎么样 应该归真反璞 |
[12:01] | And barefoot. | 当时她连鞋都没得穿 |
[12:03] | She was a queen. | 她是个女王 |
[12:09] | So what did Mike say when he gave you the letter? | 那么 麦克把信给你时怎么说 |
[12:12] | That it explains everything. | 这封信能解释一切 |
[12:14] | Does it? | 能解释吗 |
[12:14] | I haven’t read it. | 我还没看过 |
[12:15] | Why the hell not? | 干嘛不看 |
[12:16] | I just can’t. | 我做不到 |
[12:17] | You’re a better woman than me. | 你比我强 |
[12:18] | I’d have ripped it open with my teeth. | 是我的话早就迫不及待把信拆了 |
[12:20] | Aren’t you dying to know what he wrote? | 你难道不好奇他写了什么吗 |
[12:22] | Yes. But what if it’s just a bunch of far-fetched stories? | 好奇啊 要只是一堆编凑的废话呢 |
[12:25] | Well, you should assume that it is. | 你就该那么假设 |
[12:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:28] | Think how good men are at lying on the spot. | 想想男人被抓个现行时都何等擅长说谎 |
[12:31] | God forbid you should give them time and a pen. | 何况时间充裕 又是写下来的 |
[12:37] | Edie, you mind stopping by the site? | 伊迪 有空来一下工地好吗 |
[12:39] | I’ve blueprints of the master bath. | 我准备好主浴室的设计图了 |
[12:41] | Oh, I’ll see you in a few, Bill. | 好的 我马上就来 比尔 |
[12:48] | It’s my new contractor. We’re sort of dating. | 他是我新找的包工头 我们在约会 |
[12:52] | Didn’t you once say you never mix business with pleasure? | 你好像说过不会把生意和找乐子混为一谈 |
[12:55] | No, I said never mix pleasure with commitment. | 不 我是说不把找乐子跟承诺混为一谈 |
[12:59] | Right. | 没错 |
[13:00] | So Susan, what are you gonna do with the letter? | 苏珊 你打算怎么处理这封信 |
[13:03] | And for Pete’s sake, would you open it up already? | 看在上帝面上 你能不能现在就打开 |
[13:07] | No. No, I won’t. | 不 我做不到 |
[13:09] | I don’t trust Mike any more and without trust… | 我再也不相信麦克了 如果失去了信任 |
[13:13] | No, no. I’m just gonna go in | 不了 我打算回去 |
[13:15] | and rip it up and throw it in the trash. | 把信撕了扔进垃圾桶 |
[13:16] | – Why don’t we rip it up now? – No, no, no. | -何不现在就把它撕了 -不不 |
[13:19] | That’s ok. I don’t wanna… You know, litter. | 不用了 我不想 你知道 垃圾嘛 |
[13:28] | She is so opening that letter. | 她肯定会打开看的 |
[13:32] | While Carlos was making arrangements to bury his mother, | 当卡洛斯忙着安排他母亲的葬礼事宜时 |
[13:36] | Gabrielle was making sure | 加布丽尔却在努力确保 |
[13:38] | she’d be taking her secret to the grave. | 自己的秘密也能一并埋掉 |
[13:40] | Hi, I’m Gabrielle Solis. | 我是加布丽尔·索利斯 |
[13:43] | You’re nurse… Hisel? | 你是海瑟护士吗 |
[13:45] | Yes. Hi. Um… When you called and said you were coming down, | 是的 你一说你要来 |
[13:49] | I collected all the personal things your husband brought in | 我就把胡安妮塔住院期间 |
[13:52] | during Juanita’s stay with us. | 你丈夫带来的东西都收好了 |
[13:55] | I assume that’s why you’re stopping by? | 你是为这事来的吧 |
[13:57] | Oh, that’s so thoughtful of you but, actually, no. | 你真周到 不过 其实不是 |
[14:03] | No? | 不是 |
[14:04] | No, you see my husband and I | 不是 我丈夫和我 |
[14:06] | still don’t have a clear account | 还不是很清楚 |
[14:07] | as to how Juanita passed. | 胡安妮塔是怎么去世的 |
[14:10] | How? | 怎么去世的 |
[14:12] | Yes, did she die quietly, in her sleep…? | 她是在睡梦中平静地死去的吗 |
[14:16] | Um, yeah, that’s usually how it happens. | 是的 通常是会这样 |
[14:20] | I mean, I’m pretty sure that’s how it happened. | 我的意思是 我非常确定是这样的 |
[14:23] | Pretty sure? | 非常确定吗 |
[14:25] | I mean, I don’t know exactly | 我是说 我不是很清楚 |
[14:26] | because I wasn’t with her at that time. | 因为当时我不在她身边 |
[14:30] | Was anyone with her? | 有谁在她身边 |
[14:34] | An orderly, candy striper… | 比如 值班的助手护士 |
[14:37] | …anyone? | 或是任何人 |
[14:41] | No. She was alone. | 没有 就她自己 |
[14:47] | Thank you so much. That’s all I needed to hear. | 非常感谢 那正是我想知道的 |
[14:53] | Oh, Mrs. Solis. | 索利斯太太 |
[14:56] | Oh, you can just toss that. | 把它扔了吧 |
[15:10] | Great! Just great. | 完了 麻烦大了 |
[15:20] | I think this is yours. | 我想这是你的 |
[15:23] | Yeah. Yeah, I’ve been looking for this one. Thanks. | 没错 我一直在找它 谢啦 |
[15:28] | I don’t suppose you have any idea where I found it? | 我想你可能不知道我在哪找到它的 |
[15:31] | Those little suckers are drawn to bare feet and car tires. | 这些小东西通常喜欢光的脚丫以及车胎 |
[15:35] | Since you’re not limping or bleeding… | 既然你没跛 也没流血 |
[15:40] | This is only temporary. | 这只能暂时撑一下 |
[15:41] | You’re going to need to take this tire and get it fixed. | 你得把这轮胎送去修理 |
[15:43] | – Thanks, I will. – Seriously, it’s not safe. | -谢谢 我会的 -真的 这不太安全 |
[15:45] | You’ll probably only get 20 or 30 miles out of it. | 你只能开20或30英里 |
[15:48] | All right, I promise. | 好吧 我保证会去修的 |
[15:50] | Hey, listen. I’m about to break for lunch. | 话说 我打算休息一会儿 吃个午餐 |
[15:52] | – How would you like to join me? – Lunch? | -你愿意和我一起去吗 -午餐 |
[15:55] | Yeah, lunch. | 是的 午餐 |
[15:58] | Are you asking me out on a date? | 你是在约我吗 |
[16:00] | That sounds kinda formal | 说约会的话有点正式了 |
[16:02] | for a burrito and a can of soda, | 只是去吃玉米煎饼 喝点汽水而已 |
[16:05] | but…Yeah, I guess I am. | 不过 算是吧 我是在约你 |
[16:06] | Aren’t you dating Edie? | 你不是在跟伊迪约会吗 |
[16:08] | We went out on a date. We’re not dating. | 我们出去过一次 算不上约会 |
[16:10] | So how about it? | 怎么样 |
[16:12] | I’m buying. | 我来买单 |
[16:14] | I just got out of this relationship with this guy, Mike. | 我刚跟麦克分手 |
[16:17] | It’s kind of complicated. | 这有点复杂 |
[16:19] | Anyway, I’m just not even sure where I am right now, emotionally. | 总之 我还没准备好开始约会 |
[16:22] | I’m all jumbled up. | 现在感情上一团乱麻 |
[16:23] | I don’t think I can leap right into something new, | 现在我并不适合 |
[16:25] | relationship-wise, at the moment. | 开始一段新恋情 |
[16:27] | Again, just a burrito. | 再次声明 只不过是玉米煎饼 |
[16:31] | – I’m sorry. – Ok, I understand. | -对不起 -好 我明白 |
[16:34] | Sounds like you need time to reflect and heal. | 看来你需要时间反思和疗伤 |
[16:36] | – I do, I really do. – Ok. | -是的 我确实需要 -好吧 |
[16:39] | I’ll check back with you again tomorrow. | 我明天再来约你 |
[16:43] | This is so… delicious. | 这真美味 |
[16:46] | I don’t know how you find the time, with four kids. | 带着四个孩子 你居然能做出这么多菜 |
[16:50] | Only for first-time guests. | 只有初次拜访的客人才有这样的待遇 |
[16:51] | Normally, you’d be having | 通常 我们只有 |
[16:53] | chicken fingers and cartoon-shaped macaroni. | 鸡爪和卡通状通心粉 |
[16:56] | – If that. – Hey, shut up. | -要是那样的话 -别说了 |
[16:58] | Tom, you’re in advertising, right? | 汤姆 你在做广告是吧 |
[17:02] | I worked five years at Simon and Scott. | 我在西门斯科特公司干了五年 |
[17:06] | Well, I started at Simon and Scott. | 我一开始就是在西门斯科特公司工作的 |
[17:10] | I hated those guys. | 我讨厌那些家伙 |
[17:14] | – We have to talk. – Yes… | -我们得谈谈 -没错 |
[17:16] | Who do you know there now? | 你认识那儿什么人吗 |
[17:18] | It’s all over now. | 现在完了 |
[17:19] | They’ll be talking shop for the rest of the night. | 他俩要聊上一整晚的广告了 |
[17:22] | Alisa loves talking about Alisa. | 艾丽莎就喜欢谈她自己 |
[17:25] | Well, Lynette loves talking about Lynette too. | 是啊 勒奈特也喜欢谈自己 |
[17:28] | I don’t believe that for a second. | 我一点也不信 |
[17:30] | You and your husband seem pretty solid. | 你和你丈夫看起来感情非常好 |
[17:34] | We’re going through some tough stuff. | 我们目前有点不顺 |
[17:36] | We’re… in counseling. | 正在做婚姻咨询 |
[17:39] | Oh, really? More steak? | 是吗 要不要再来点牛排 |
[17:42] | It’s her idea. | 是她的主意 |
[17:43] | It’s not the most pleasant way to spend an hour. | 那一小时可真难熬 |
[17:45] | Basically, I look at the clock | 基本上我都是在看着钟 |
[17:47] | and she blames me for everything. | 而她就在那儿指责我一无是处 |
[17:49] | I don’t think you should be talking about Alisa with her… | 我觉得你不该当着艾丽莎的面说这些 |
[17:53] | …So… | 那么 |
[17:54] | It’s ok, it’s not like she can hear. | 没事 反正她也听不见 |
[17:59] | Maybe I will have some more of that, uh, potato stuff. | 也许我该再吃点土豆什么的 |
[18:04] | He actually said those things, with her sitting right there? | 他真的那样说吗 当着她的面 |
[18:07] | It was really nasty, and he wouldn’t shut up, either. | 真恶心 而且他还不肯闭嘴 |
[18:11] | I can’t believe you said we’d play tennis. | 你居然还约了和他们一起打网球 |
[18:13] | That was before I knew he was a jerk. She was great. | 当时我哪知道他那么混蛋 她人不错 |
[18:16] | Look what she taught me. | 瞧瞧她教了我什么 |
[18:20] | It means “I love you.” | 意思是”我爱你” |
[18:22] | Yeah, that’s great. What am I gonna do? | 很棒 我该怎么办呢 |
[18:27] | – What do you mean? – Obviously she needs to be told. | -你什么意思 -显然她需要知道真相 |
[18:30] | No, no, no, she doesn’t. This is between Dennis and Alisa. | 不 她不需要 这是他俩之间的事 |
[18:33] | How can I ignore this? | 我怎能坐视不管 |
[18:35] | And I quote, “It’s not like she can hear.” | 那叫什么话 “反正她也听不见” |
[18:37] | Lynette, you’re starting to ramp up | 勒奈特 这件事 |
[18:39] | into that whole meddling thing you do. | 你有点管得太宽了 |
[18:42] | – Excuse me? – Let me just handle it. | -什么 -让我来吧 |
[18:43] | Let’s avoid a big thing. | 别把事闹大 |
[18:46] | Are you saying I can’t be tactful? | 你是说我处理不好吗 |
[18:47] | If he says something at tennis, | 要是我们打网球时他又说那种话 |
[18:49] | I will take him aside, | 我会把他拉到一边 |
[18:51] | man to man, and say, “that’s not cool.” | 坦率地告诉他 那样不好 |
[18:52] | Are you saying I’m not tactful? | 你的意思是我就处理不好这事儿 |
[19:16] | Andrew, I need you to take out the trash. | 安德鲁 去倒一下垃圾 |
[19:18] | – Sure. – Now, not five hours from now. | -当然可以 -现在就去 别磨蹭 |
[19:23] | I’m going, I’m going. God… | 我这就去 上帝 |
[19:28] | Um, I’m meeting Justin at the mall tonight | 我今晚要和贾斯丁去商场 |
[19:30] | so I’m gonna need 40 bucks. | 所以我需要40美元 |
[19:32] | No. | 不行 |
[19:34] | – What? – You no longer get an allowance. | -什么 -你的零花钱被取消了 |
[19:38] | Fine. I’m not taking out the trash. | 行 垃圾我不倒了 |
[19:42] | Andrew! | 安德鲁 |
[19:43] | What are you gonna do? Torture me? | 你准备怎样 折磨我吗 |
[19:45] | Go ahead, I can take it. | 继续 我能承受 |
[19:47] | What I want, what I have always wanted, | 我想要的 我一直追求的 |
[19:49] | is for you to be happy. | 无非就是让你快乐 |
[19:51] | And you’re not, and I have no idea how to help you. | 可你还是不快乐 我不知道怎么帮你了 |
[19:55] | Well, you could start by getting out of the way. | 你可以从别挡着我的路开始 |
[19:58] | I will not. We’re gonna talk about this now. | 我不会走的 我们现在得谈谈 |
[20:01] | I said, get out of the way. | 我说了 别挡着我 |
[20:08] | The next time you touch your mother, | 下次你再这样对你妈妈 |
[20:09] | I’ll throw you through this wall. | 我就把你从这里扔下去 |
[20:11] | You understand me? | 明白吗 |
[20:36] | Oh, Edie, wait up. I wanna ask you something. | 伊迪 等等 我想问你点事 |
[20:39] | I can’t stop. I gotta keep my heart rate up. | 我不能停下来 要保持心跳速率 |
[20:42] | I was just wondering how you’d feel if I went out with Bill. | 你会不会介意 我跟比尔约会 |
[20:46] | – What? – Bill asked me out. | -什么 -比尔约我出去 |
[20:49] | Bill? My Bill? | 比尔 我的比尔吗 |
[20:51] | Well, see, that’s the thing. | 瞧 问题就在这 |
[20:52] | He doesn’t think of himself as your Bill. | 他没觉得他是你的 |
[20:54] | He said that date was just a one-time thing. | 他说那约会就是一次性的 |
[20:57] | Which I know, because when he asked me out | 我会知道 是因为他约我时 |
[21:00] | I told him I thought you guys were involved. | 我对他说我认为你们在交往 |
[21:02] | So you haven’t agreed to go out with him? | 你还没同意和他约会吗 |
[21:05] | No, I wanted to check with you first. | 没有 我想先问过你再说 |
[21:07] | Wow, that’s nice of you. | 你可真好 |
[21:10] | – So, can I? – No. | -那么 可以吗 -不行 |
[21:13] | Edie! Edie, why can’t I go out with him? | 伊迪 伊迪 为什么我不能和他约会 |
[21:16] | Because I saw him first. | 因为是我先遇到他的 |
[21:20] | That’s a really third-grade thing to say. | 这说法有点站不住脚啊 |
[21:22] | You asked my permission, I said no. | 你问我的意见 我说了不行 |
[21:24] | That should be the end of it. | 到此为止 |
[21:25] | Well, you know. | 好吧 |
[21:26] | Technically, I don’t need your permission. | 严格来说 我根本不需要你的准许 |
[21:31] | You know, I so much wanna like you, | 我真的很想喜欢你 |
[21:34] | but you just won’t let me. | 可你偏不让我这么做 |
[21:36] | Edie… | 伊迪 |
[21:37] | Susan, you know…I try. I try to look past your flaws. | 苏珊 我试着忽略你的缺点 |
[21:41] | Your klutziness. That… that… | 你的笨拙 还有那… |
[21:44] | …faux vulnerability. Your hair. | 故作柔弱的姿态 还有你的头发 |
[21:46] | But you look for ways to push my buttons. | 可你却总能找到方法来惹火我 |
[21:50] | He just wants to buy me a burrito. | 他只是想请我吃玉米煎饼 |
[21:53] | Susan, please. Let me like you. | 苏珊 拜托你 别让我讨厌你 |
[21:58] | Ok. I won’t go out with him. | 好吧 我不和他出去了 |
[22:01] | I mean, obviously, you have feelings for him. | 显然你对他有好感 |
[22:04] | No, I don’t. I really don’t. | 不 我没有 真没有 |
[22:07] | So what, then? | 那这算什么 |
[22:08] | If you can’t have him, nobody can? | 如果你不能和他一起 别人也不能吗 |
[22:12] | See? Now you’re thinking like a friend. | 对嘛 这才是朋友该有的想法 |
[22:28] | What a voice. | 听听这歌声 |
[22:29] | You have to hand it to the Catholics. | 这种事一定要交给天主教来做 |
[22:31] | They do grief better than anyone. | 他们的默哀仪式比谁都做得好 |
[22:38] | How much did that horse and buggy set us back? | 那匹马和那辆车多少钱 |
[22:40] | – Do you mind? – Being poor? A little. | -你有意见吗 -变穷 有意见 |
[22:45] | Eyes front, padre. | 牧师 看前面 |
[22:55] | I can’t believe Edie. | 伊迪也太不可理喻了 |
[22:56] | She doesn’t have dibs on every man on the planet. | 又不是世上所有的男人都归她所有 |
[22:59] | If I wanna go out with Bill, I should be able to. | 如果我想和比尔约会 我就应该去 |
[23:02] | – I thought you weren’t even into him. – Neither is she. | -我以为你根本就不喜欢他 -她也是 |
[23:05] | If she’s not into him, why can’t I not be into him? | 如果她不喜欢他 为什么不准我喜欢他 |
[23:10] | I’m gonna mourn now. | 我现在要默哀了 |
[23:17] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[23:17] | – Why are we slowing down? – Because we’re almost there. | -怎么慢下来了 -因为我们快到了 |
[23:25] | What is that?! | 那是什么东西 |
[23:26] | The family who owned it | 原来的主人 |
[23:27] | couldn’t afford the maintenance payment. | 付不起保养费 |
[23:28] | I got an amazing deal. | 我拿了很高的折扣 |
[23:30] | A crypt? You bought your mother a crypt?! | 土窖 你竟然给你妈买了个土窖 |
[23:32] | Quiet! You’re making a scene. | 小声点 别丢人现眼 |
[23:34] | Oh, that’s it. I cannot be a part of this. | 够了 我才不要去参加这样的葬礼 |
[23:37] | – I can’t do it. – Gabrielle! | -我做不到 -加布丽尔 |
[23:41] | Stop acting like a child! | 别孩子气了 |
[23:48] | Are we supposed to be following them? | 我们该跟着他们走吗 |
[23:51] | I don’t know. Maybe it’s part of the ritual. | 我不知道 也许这是仪式之一呢 |
[23:54] | Go to hell, Carlos! | 卡洛斯 你去死吧 |
[23:58] | All right, people, we’re going to follow the body. | 好了 大家还是跟着遗体走吧 |
[24:00] | This way, please. Come along! | 请走这边 跟上来 |
[24:04] | This is too much. | 这太过分了 |
[24:05] | The only reason I agreed to give up the house | 我同意卖掉房子的唯一理由 |
[24:07] | because I thought I’d get a gorgeous little apartment. | 是我以为我会有一个小而精致的公寓 |
[24:10] | Now I won’t even get that. | 可现在我连那样的房子都没有了 |
[24:12] | What do you want me to do? | 你要我怎么做 |
[24:13] | – Take the plea. – What? | -去认罪 -什么 |
[24:16] | You did the crime. Why should I pay the price? | 你犯的罪 为什么要我来承受恶果 |
[24:18] | Just suck it up, be a man and do the time. | 面对现实吧 鼓起勇气去服刑 |
[24:21] | – Gaby, you’re being ridiculous. – Am I? | -加布 你太荒唐了 -是吗 |
[24:23] | All I want is the same respect you gave your dead mother. | 我只想得到你给你死去的妈同等的尊重 |
[24:26] | Gaby, please…! | 加布 别这样 |
[24:27] | At least she’s gonna have a roof over her head. | 至少她还有个遮风挡雨的屋顶 |
[24:39] | Fifteen all. | 15分平 |
[24:46] | Oh, was that in? | 这球算界内吗 |
[24:49] | Nice try. | 好球 |
[24:50] | Alisa, you’re deaf, not blind. | 爱丽莎 你是聋了又不是瞎了 |
[24:54] | It was a close call. | 这球差一点就出界了 |
[24:57] | That’s telling him. | 你这也算在教训他 |
[24:59] | I’m waiting for my moment. | 我只是在等时机 |
[25:01] | You think her tennis stinks? | 你觉得她球打得烂 |
[25:02] | You should try her cooking. | 那你更该尝尝她煮的饭 |
[25:07] | Fifteen thirty. | 15比30 |
[25:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:17] | I should have mentioned that my tennis | 我该提醒你 我的网球技术 |
[25:19] | is much better than my cooking. | 远在我的厨艺之上 |
[25:27] | That was fun. You play really well. | 太好玩了 你打得真好 |
[25:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:31] | Gimme a break. She serves underhand, for god’s sake. | 省省吧 她连球都发不过网 |
[25:40] | – What’s your problem? – Excuse me? | -你到底哪根筋不对 -你说什么 |
[25:42] | Hey, do you have any bottled water over there? | 你那还有没有瓶装水 |
[25:45] | My electrolytes get all wacky when I sweat. | 我一出汗 身体里的电解质就会紊乱 |
[25:49] | She’s your wife. | 她是你的妻子 |
[25:50] | How can you talk about her like that? | 你怎么能这么说她呢 |
[25:52] | Let me tell you what St Alisa is saying | 让我来告诉你那满脸假笑的 |
[25:54] | with that phony smile on her face. | “圣女”爱丽莎的真面目吧 |
[25:56] | “Move your ass, Dennis.” | “丹尼斯 快点走” |
[25:58] | “Nice love handles, Dennis.” | “丹尼斯 你腰间的肥肉真多啊” |
[26:01] | “Try switching deodorant, Dennis.” | “丹尼斯 你该换一种除臭剂了” |
[26:03] | Enough. If you’ve got issues with your wife, | 够了 如果你对妻子有所不满 |
[26:05] | tell her. | 告诉她 |
[26:06] | We’re in counseling. | 我们正在做婚姻咨询 |
[26:07] | It’s not working too well | 如果你必须向一个陌生人发泄不满 |
[26:08] | if you have to unload on a perfect stranger, is it? | 那说明你们的咨询并没有起作用 |
[26:10] | If you’re unhappy in your marriage, | 要是你婚姻不幸福 |
[26:11] | do something instead of just complaining. | 别整天抱怨 做点别的事去 |
[26:13] | Cause, frankly, I don’t want to hear it. | 因为坦白说 我根本不想知道 |
[26:15] | Let’s trade partners. | 我们换搭档吧 |
[26:19] | – Sure. – Great! | -好 -太好了 |
[26:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:24] | I’ll play with you. | 我和你一组 |
[26:29] | You did not take this in. | 你还没把车送修 |
[26:32] | This should hold, | 这轮胎一时半会还不会破 |
[26:34] | but you’ve got to take it in. | 可你一定要修好它 |
[26:36] | Thank you. I know. I’m going to. | 谢谢你 我知道 我会的 |
[26:38] | It’s on the top of my list. | 这现在是我的头等大事了 |
[26:40] | That was hard work. | 这活儿真累 |
[26:44] | Would you like a glass of water | 你要不要喝点水 |
[26:46] | and maybe an excuse to come in and talk to me? | 也许能借此机会进来和我聊天 |
[26:48] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错啊 |
[26:53] | So… It’s tomorrow. | 那么 到时间了 |
[26:55] | I told you I’d check back in on that date. | 我说过今天再来约你的 |
[26:58] | Bill, um… I have my reasons. | 比尔 我有苦衷 |
[27:04] | Am I… hideous? | 是因为我长得太丑了 |
[27:06] | Oh, god, no! | 当然不是 |
[27:08] | No, you are just so incredibly not hideous. | 不是 你英俊潇洒 玉树临风 |
[27:13] | Thank you… I think. | 我该说 谢谢吧 |
[27:15] | See, maybe it’s the word “date” that’s throwing me off. | 也许是”约会”这词有点吓到我吧 |
[27:18] | Look, I just want to have some fun, | 我只是想一起出去消磨时光 |
[27:20] | you know? Dinner, drinks… | 吃点东西 喝上一杯 |
[27:24] | No strings attached. | 没有任何约束 |
[27:32] | Ok, I’ll go out with you. | 好吧 我会和你共进晚餐 |
[27:34] | Great. I know this little place | 太好了 我知道离这里较远的地方 |
[27:36] | out of the way. You’re gonna love it. | 有一家雅致的小餐厅 你一定会喜欢的 |
[27:43] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[27:45] | Making an emergency list for you. | 为你列张紧急事件电话单 |
[27:48] | So you’ll know who to call in case the roof leaks, | 万一屋顶漏水或者跳电了 |
[27:50] | or the power goes out… | 你就知道该打给谁 |
[27:52] | Why? | 为什么这么做 |
[27:55] | I’m taking the plea bargain. | 我决定接受认罪协议 |
[27:58] | So you can keep the house. | 这样你就有屋顶遮风挡雨了 |
[28:04] | When I buried my mother, I did it with respect, | 出于对我母亲的尊重 我将她风光大葬 |
[28:07] | and I don’t regret a single penny. | 我并不后悔我付出去的一分一毛 |
[28:10] | But I got us into the position we are in | 但是 是我让咱们陷入这两难的境地 |
[28:12] | and the moment I did, | 当我犯罪的那一刻起 |
[28:15] | I stopped respecting you. | 我就不再尊重你了 |
[28:20] | – And that’s not right. – You’re so brave. | -而且这么做是不对的 -你好勇敢 |
[28:28] | It’s not without strings. | 我这么做 是有条件的 |
[28:33] | I need you to promise | 我要你向我保证 |
[28:34] | you’re gonna be here when I get out. | 我出狱之后 你还会在我身边 |
[28:36] | That’s a ridiculous thing to say. | 你这是什么话 |
[28:38] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿也不会去 |
[28:40] | And I need you to promise | 我还要你保证 |
[28:42] | that you’ll be faithful while I’m gone. | 在我服刑期间 你必须对我忠诚 |
[28:44] | Yeah. Of course. | 那当然了 |
[28:46] | Gabrielle, I’m no fool. | 加布丽尔 我不是傻瓜 |
[28:50] | You’re a beautiful woman | 你是个美丽的女人 |
[28:51] | and I understand you have needs. | 我知道你有一定的需求 |
[28:53] | But I’m a very jealous and possessive man. | 但我是个忌妒心极强占有欲极重的男人 |
[28:57] | And I need to hear you say it. | 我希望听到你亲口向我保证 |
[29:01] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[29:04] | Ok, then. | 好吧 既然这样 |
[29:07] | Tomorrow morning, we’ll go and see the lawyers. | 明天一早我们就去见律师 |
[29:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[29:18] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[29:25] | And just so you know, I’m gonna hold you to that promise. | 我希望你能说到做到 |
[29:38] | What’s going on? Did grandma die? | 发生什么事了 奶奶死了吗 |
[29:41] | Uh, no, she’s fine. Listen, Andrew… | 没有 她很好 安德鲁 听着 |
[29:45] | Sweetheart, it’s been clear to us | 宝贝 我们都清楚 |
[29:47] | for some time now that you’ve been unhappy. | 这段时间你一直郁郁寡欢 |
[29:49] | – All this acting out. – The pot smoking, the violence… | -那些出位的行为 -抽大麻 打架 |
[29:53] | It just isn’t you. | 这不像你 |
[29:54] | And we feel that you need to spend some quality time | 我们认为你需要些时间 |
[29:57] | thinking about the goals in your life | 来认真思考你的人生目标 |
[30:00] | and what kind of person you want to be. | 你将来到底想成为怎样的人 |
[30:03] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你们到底在说什么 |
[30:07] | There’s this place called Camp Hennessey. | 有个叫赫尼西的训练营 |
[30:10] | It’s designed for teenagers like | 是专为像你这种迷途的 |
[30:12] | yourself who’ve lost their way. | 青少年设计的 |
[30:14] | You gotta be kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[30:16] | They emphasize discipline and responsibility, | 他们注重行为管制和责任承担 |
[30:19] | two things you’re sorely in need of. | 两样你非常需要的东西 |
[30:21] | You’ll only be there more than a few weeks. | 你只需要在那呆几个星期 |
[30:23] | You can stop this now. | 别再说了 |
[30:24] | I’m not going to a stupid camp for juvenile delinquents. | 我不去这种少年犯才去的愚蠢训练营 |
[30:31] | We’re ready. | 我们好了 |
[30:32] | Sorry, honey, you don’t have a choice. | 亲爱的 对不起 你没得选 |
[30:44] | – Get your hands off of me! – Take it easy! | -放开我 -放轻松 |
[30:47] | Andrew, Andrew, it’s no use fighting. | 安德鲁 别白费力气了 |
[30:49] | These gentlemen will help you dress | 这两位先生会帮你穿好衣服 |
[30:50] | and drive you to the camp. | 然后送你去集中营 |
[30:52] | – We can take it from here. – Wait, wait! | -接下来就交给我们吧 -等等 |
[30:55] | Mom, wait! Please, I’m sorry… | 妈妈 等等 求你 我知错了 |
[30:57] | Honey, it’s gonna be ok, I promise. | 亲爱的 我保证一切都会没事的 |
[31:01] | – This was your idea. – Why, you…! | -这肯定是你的主意 -你… |
[31:03] | Stop it. | 别这样 |
[31:06] | Honey, no matter what you say or do, | 宝贝 无论你说什么做什么 |
[31:10] | I will always love you. | 我都会爱你 |
[31:14] | Let’s go. Come on. | 我们走吧 来吧 |
[31:22] | What’s that for? | 为什么抱我 |
[31:25] | For being here. | 感谢你陪在我身边 |
[31:28] | For standing by me through this. | 感谢你支持我度过这些事 |
[31:31] | You don’t know what it means to me, Rex. | 雷克斯 这对我意义重大 |
[31:36] | It’s been a long time | 我已经有很长一段时间 |
[31:38] | since I felt like I had a real partner. | 身边没有真正值得托付的伴侣 |
[31:40] | And it really helps, | 你在这儿真的帮了我许多 |
[31:42] | especially on a horrible morning like this. | 特别是在这样一个可怕的早晨 |
[31:53] | Hey, Alisa. Hey, Lily. How are you guys? | 爱丽莎 莉莉 你们好吗 |
[31:56] | May I speak to you, please? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[31:58] | Oh, sure. Boys, here. | 当然可以 孩子们 给 |
[32:01] | Stay right there. | 乖乖呆在这儿 |
[32:03] | Yes, mom. | 好的 妈妈 |
[32:06] | – So how are you? – Dennis left me. | -你怎么样了 -丹尼斯离开我了 |
[32:08] | What? | 什么 |
[32:09] | Dennis left me! | 丹尼斯离开我了 |
[32:12] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[32:13] | You told him to, you moron! | 你教唆他的 白痴 |
[32:16] | – I’m sorry? – You talked about our marriage. | -什么 -你对我们的婚姻指手画脚 |
[32:18] | – It’s none of your business. – Stop. | -关你什么事 -别说了 |
[32:20] | I can’t understand you. You’re gonna have to talk slower. | 我听不明白 你得慢点说 |
[32:37] | Dennis said you yelled at him for saying stuff behind my back. | 丹尼斯说你骂他 因为他说我坏话 |
[32:42] | Well, yeah. | 算是吧 |
[32:44] | And he said you told him our counseling wasn’t working. | 还说你告诉他我俩的婚姻咨询不管用 |
[32:48] | Yes, that’s not exactly what I… | 对 但这不是我的意思 |
[32:51] | Where the hell do you come off | 你到底怎么想的 |
[32:52] | telling him we are stop to going to conseling? | 告诉他停止咨询 |
[32:54] | – I didn’t mean… – Sure, | -我没说过… -虽然说 |
[32:57] | We have our share of problems, financial, | 我俩经济上 感情上和性生活上 |
[33:02] | emotional, sexual. | 都有问题 |
[33:03] | But we were solving them. | 但都在朝好的方向发展啊 |
[33:07] | Alisa, come here. | 爱丽莎 过来 |
[33:12] | Are you sure you wanna be… | 你确定要 |
[33:15] | saying these things in front of your daughter? | 当着你女儿的面说这事吗 |
[33:19] | Now you’re telling me how to raise my daughter?! | 现在你又开始教我怎么教育孩子了 |
[33:22] | Lily, we’re coming back. | 莉莉 我们继续说 |
[33:25] | Listen, Alisa, I am so sorry if I caused a problem. | 爱丽莎 不好意思给你添麻烦了 |
[33:30] | I just wanted to help. | 我不过想帮忙 |
[33:32] | Why? Why did you want to help? | 为什么 你有什么目的 |
[33:34] | – Well, because… – Oh, because I was deaf? | -因为 -因为我是个聋子吗 |
[33:37] | No. Because your husband was being a total jerk. | 不 因为你丈夫完全是个混蛋 |
[33:43] | And you’ve just gotta come in on your white horse | 所以你就骑着白马 |
[33:47] | and come to the rescue. | 来拯救我了吗 |
[33:48] | Well, guess what? I didn’t need to be rescued. Got that? | 真不巧 我不需要救世主 明白吗 |
[33:52] | I didn’t need to be rescued. | 不需要 |
[34:00] | Bitch. | 贱人 |
[34:03] | Uh, she said… | 她说 |
[34:05] | Yes, thank you. I know what she just said. | 谢谢 我听见了 |
[34:11] | One minute we’re making out in his truck, and next thing I know | 前一秒我俩还在车里打得火热 |
[34:14] | we’re at the hospital and the doctor’s digging a bullet out of him. | 下一秒就有个医生在帮他拔子弹 |
[34:18] | It’s just that when I started dating Mike, | 我和麦克刚约会的时候 |
[34:20] | he seemed like such a normal guy, you know? | 他就跟普通人没两样 |
[34:22] | They always do. You wanna get some nachos? | 男人都会伪装 来点玉米饼吗 |
[34:25] | I mean obviously, I am not going to read the letter. | 我肯定不会去看信的 |
[34:28] | At some point, you’ve just gotta let it go, right? | 因为我得想开点 对吗 |
[34:31] | Right. | 对 |
[34:32] | Mind if we leave off the jalapenos? | 我们不放胡椒行吗 |
[34:34] | I’m not good with spicy things. | 我不爱吃辣 |
[34:35] | I don’t mean to babble. It’s complicated. | 我不是故意含糊不清的 这事太复杂了 |
[34:38] | And there is so much about Mike you don’t even know. | 你对麦克还太不了解 |
[34:41] | That would surprise me at this point. | 要是如此的话 那我真是吃惊了 |
[34:47] | Edie. | 伊迪 |
[34:48] | Your foreman said you were on a date with a hottie. | 你老板说你在和一个小可爱约会 |
[34:51] | Evidently, someone needs lasik. | 看来他的眼睛肯定有毛病 |
[34:53] | – You tracked us down? – It wasn’t hard. | -你跟踪我们 -轻而易举 |
[34:57] | I just followed the stench of betrayal. | 只要跟着背叛者的味道就好 |
[35:00] | – We had an agreement, Susan. – No, we didn’t. | -我们说好的 苏珊 -不 没有 |
[35:03] | I said what you wanted to hear because you guilted me into it. | 是你让我觉得内疚了我才告诉你的 |
[35:07] | I was trying to protect our already fragile friendship. | 我是在保护我们濒临崩溃的友谊 |
[35:10] | – Am I in the middle of something here? – Not any more. | -我是不是惹到麻烦了 -没有 |
[35:13] | You, I will hate forever. | 你 我会记恨一辈子的 |
[35:17] | And you are fired. | 而你 被开除了 |
[35:19] | Edie! | 伊迪 |
[35:20] | You’re firing me for going out with Susan? | 因为我和苏珊约会你就要开除我 |
[35:22] | Yes. And before you start whining | 没错 跟她约会有你好受的 |
[35:25] | that dating her is punishment enough. | 所以也别抱怨了 |
[35:27] | Save it. | 省省力气 |
[35:36] | I suppose I could tell her you threw yourself at me. | 我想我得告诉她是你自己送上门的 |
[35:39] | You were lonely, begged to have dinner. | 是你寂寞了来求我陪你吃饭 |
[35:41] | I took pity on you. | 我不过是可怜你罢了 |
[35:42] | Well, excuse me, but that kinda makes it sound like it was my fault. | 不好意思 你好像在暗示这是我的错 |
[35:47] | You can’t possibly blame me. I’m not the one who fired you. | 这事不怪我 又不是我解雇了你 |
[35:51] | Right. You just chose not to tell me | 没错 但你没有告诉我 |
[35:53] | Edie would be insanely mad if I went out with you. | 和你约会能让伊迪发疯 |
[35:55] | Slow down. You’re driving too fast. | 慢点 你开太快了 |
[35:57] | You know. This is between you and Edie. | 这是你和伊迪之间的事 |
[35:59] | I just got sucked into the drama. | 我不过被牵连进来了 |
[36:01] | Yeah. I bet you say that to yourself all the time. | 你真是自欺欺人 |
[36:03] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[36:05] | You didn’t get sucked into the drama. You invited it in. | 你不是被牵连的 你就是罪魁祸首 |
[36:08] | That’s not true. | 乱说 |
[36:09] | You’ve spent an hour obsessing over your ex-boyfriend, | 你花了一个小时唠叨你前男友的事 |
[36:12] | even though he’s an ex-con who very possibly strangled your neighbor. | 即便他是掐死你邻居的嫌犯 |
[36:16] | No, he didn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[36:17] | And Edie told you not to go out with me, | 伊迪还警告你不要和我约会 |
[36:20] | but did you listen? No. | 你听了吗 没有 |
[36:21] | Because you saw the potential for disaster | 你明明知道会有麻烦 |
[36:23] | and couldn’t resist getting in there. | 还偏偏要去做 |
[36:25] | Ok, Mr-let’s-just-have-fun- because-I’m-the-casual-contractor-man, | 好啊 花花公子 不是想玩玩吗 |
[36:29] | you chased me, so own it, my friend. | 是你追的我 所以认了吧 朋友 |
[36:50] | You didn’t get that tire fixed, did you? | 你根本没修轮胎 是吧 |
[36:53] | I was meaning to. | 我本来要修的 |
[36:57] | I guess I do invite the drama in. | 看来我真是罪魁祸首 |
[37:01] | Just a little. | 某种程度上 |
[37:11] | Tom, am I a bad person? | 汤姆 我是坏人吗 |
[37:18] | No. Why would you say that? | 不是啊 干嘛这么说 |
[37:21] | I don’t know. I guess I just have it in my head | 我也说不好 只是在我的观念里 |
[37:24] | that only bad people break up marriages | 只有坏人才破坏人家的婚姻 |
[37:26] | and offend the handicapped. | 同时还冒犯弱势群体 |
[37:28] | – I did try to warn you. – You did. | -我警告过你的 -是啊 |
[37:32] | Why do I do it? | 我干嘛做这傻事 |
[37:34] | This compulsion to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong. | 真是太自不量力了 |
[37:38] | Honey, you were just looking out for your friend. | 亲爱的 你只是想帮她 |
[37:42] | A lot of good it did her. | 确实帮了她不少 |
[37:44] | At least you tried. I admire you for that. | 至少你尽力了 这点让我佩服 |
[37:47] | Oh, please. | 算了 |
[37:49] | Hey, I’m the guy who let Dennis bad-mouth his wife | 都是因为我不愿意吵架 |
[37:52] | because I was afraid of making a scene. | 才纵容丹尼斯说他老婆的坏话 |
[37:54] | You knew it was wrong and you let him have it. | 你觉得那样不对 就给了他点颜色看看 |
[37:57] | That’s me. I’m never afraid to create a scene. | 我就是这样 总是自找麻烦 |
[38:01] | Hey, honey, look. My point is, | 亲爱的 我想说 |
[38:04] | you have a strong sense of what is right | 你的正义感很强 |
[38:06] | and you’re not afraid to act on it. | 总是路见不平 拔刀相助 |
[38:08] | And I admire you for that. | 我很佩服你这点 |
[38:11] | You know what I admire you for? | 你知道我佩服你什么吗 |
[38:15] | You find a way to compliment me when | 你总换着花样来安慰我 |
[38:18] | you could say, “I told you so.” | 尽管你可以说 “我早告诉你了” |
[38:29] | You just signed “I told you so,” didn’t you? | 这是”我早告诉你了”的手语 对吧 |
[38:31] | You’ll never prove it. | 不告诉你 |
[38:39] | Thanks for coming in, Mrs. Solis. | 感谢你能来 索利斯夫人 |
[38:41] | I believe you’ve met nurse Hisel? | 你见过海瑟护士了吧 |
[38:43] | Yes. Hello. Again. | 是啊 高兴再见到你 |
[38:47] | Nurse Hisel became quite attached to your mother-in-law. | 海瑟护士和你婆婆有某种特殊的联系 |
[38:51] | That’s why I asked her to be here for this. | 所以我把她也叫来了 |
[38:53] | First, I want you to understand that | 首先 我想澄清一点 |
[38:55] | we consider our commitment to our patients a sacred trust. | 我们一直信守对病人的承诺 |
[39:03] | Ok. | 好的 |
[39:04] | Having said that, it appears that | 因此说 |
[39:06] | there may, and I stress may, | 或许 我是说或许 |
[39:09] | have been a breakdown in our chain of care. | 我们对病人的关怀有些不到位 |
[39:13] | I can assure you we hold our staff to | 但我敢保证我们的员工 |
[39:15] | the highest standards in the industry. | 都是行业里素质最高的 |
[39:17] | But we are only human after all. | 不过我们也是人 |
[39:22] | Honey, are you ok? | 亲爱的 你还好吧 |
[39:24] | Nurse Hisel, why don’t you step out? | 海瑟护士 请你出去一下好吗 |
[39:29] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[39:37] | We all share in your grief. | 你的遭遇我们感同身受 |
[39:41] | Apparently. | 当然 |
[39:43] | And we’re hoping to alleviate any further pain your family may suffer | 为了减轻您家人由此而生的悲痛 |
[39:47] | by offering some… | 我们会尽可能提供 |
[39:50] | …monetary compensation. | 经济补偿 |
[39:54] | Provided you and your husband waive any | 当然 你和丈夫可以保留进一步 |
[39:57] | future right to litigation, of course. | 诉诸法律的权利 |
[39:59] | Monetary compensation? | 经济补偿 |
[40:02] | You’re trying to buy us off? | 你想收买我们吗 |
[40:04] | Let’s not get tangled up in legalese. | 我们不想闹到法庭上去 |
[40:08] | We like to think of it as an extension of our caring. | 我们可以把它理解成我们关怀的延续 |
[40:14] | Well, in that case, care away. | 这样的话 我收下你的关怀 |
[40:21] | Mr. Hartley, | 哈特利先生 |
[40:22] | I have a hypothetical legal question for you. | 我有个假设性的法律问题想请教你 |
[40:25] | I like to play the lottery and I… | 我想买乐透 而且我 |
[40:29] | Yes, I know what the odds are | 是啊 我知道中奖率不大 |
[40:32] | but I just love those scratch-offs. | 但就是喜欢那种刮刮乐的东西 |
[40:35] | Say I were to win, I don’t know, | 假设我中了 差不多 |
[40:38] | a million, six hundred thousand dollars. | 一百六十万 |
[40:42] | Would the government be able to take it like they took everything else? | 政府也能没收这些钱吗 |
[40:51] | That’s what I thought. The bastards. | 我就是这么想的 那些混蛋 |
[40:55] | So what if we won the lottery after Carlos went to jail? | 那我要是在卡洛斯入狱之后中奖呢 |
[41:00] | Could the government touch the money then? Hypothetically. | 政府还有权利碰那些钱吗 只是假设 |
[41:04] | I see. | 明白了 |
[41:06] | And we could keep the house. | 而且我们还能留下这房子 |
[41:15] | Oh, no, I’m just at the grocery store, | 不 我刚才还在杂货店里迟疑 |
[41:17] | wondering if I should buy a ticket. | 考虑是不是该买一张 |
[41:19] | Thanks a bunch, Mr. Hartley. | 太谢谢了 哈特利先生 |
[41:22] | So what time should I bring Carlos | 明天我应该什么时候 |
[41:24] | to the DA’s office tomorrow? | 带卡洛斯去见检察官 |
[41:27] | Great. | 好极了 |
[41:34] | We all honor heroes for different reasons. | 我们因为不同缘由而崇拜英雄 |
[41:38] | Sometimes for their daring. | 有时因为他们的魄力 |
[41:47] | Sometimes for their bravery. | 有时因为他们的勇气 |
[41:54] | Sometimes for their goodness. | 有时因为他们的善良 |
[41:57] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:06] | But mostly, we honor heroes | 但总的来说 我们崇拜英雄 |
[42:11] | because at one point or another, | 多多少少是因为 |
[42:14] | we all dream of being rescued. | 我们也梦想被救赎 |
[42:24] | Of course, | 当然 |
[42:26] | if the right hero doesn’t come along, | 如果真正的英雄不出现 |
[42:30] | sometimes, we just have to rescue ourselves. | 那么 我们就得自我救赎 |