时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Bree’s husband felt rejected. | 布里的丈夫有了挫败感 |
[00:03] | I think it’s strange to see my wife billed | 看到自己的太太以”范德坎普夫人”的称号公著于世 |
[00:05] | As “mrs. van de kamp.” it’s how I’m known. | -我觉得很不舒服 -我是以此而出名的 |
[00:08] | Is there a mr. van de kamp? | 谈谈范德坎普先生吧 |
[00:10] | no, uh, mr. van de kamp is deceased. | 很抱歉 范德坎普先生已经过世了 |
[00:12] | Would it have killed you to have mentioned me? | 要你提一下我 就这么难吗 |
[00:14] | It’s because I went to jail, isn’t it? | 因为我进过监狱 是吗 |
[00:16] | lynette’s husband was excited. | 勒奈特的丈夫非常兴奋 |
[00:17] | We’re gonna start a garage band! | 我们要成立一个车库乐队啦 |
[00:19] | I thought you were the one who said | 你不是曾说过 |
[00:20] | you wanted to spend more time with your family | 要把更多的时间放在家庭吗 |
[00:22] | guys need to blow off steam. | 男人们需要释放一下激情 |
[00:25] | Edie’s new husband had a past | 伊迪的新丈夫有一段往事 |
[00:26] | you’ve been here six weeks, | 你来这里已经6周了 |
[00:27] | And you don’t seem any closer | 我没发现 |
[00:28] | to coming to terms with your rage | 你的易怒情绪有所缓解 |
[00:30] | I’ve come to terms with it, | 我的情绪问题早已解决 |
[00:32] | And I like it just the way it is | 现在感觉很良好 |
[00:33] | which remained a mystery. | 往事充满着悬疑 |
[00:35] | I just think it’s odd that you’re married to some guy. | 我觉得跟一个你完全不了解的男人结婚 |
[00:37] | You don’t know anything about him. | 是件很奇怪的事情 |
[00:38] | She kept asking me all this stuff about your background | 她不停地询问我关于你的背景 |
[00:41] | And susan tried to move on. | 苏珊开始新的生活 |
[00:43] | -I sort of started seeing someone. -good for you. | -我开始与人约会了 -不错啊 |
[00:53] | Every year, ms. elenora butters | 爱伦诺拉.巴特老师每年 |
[00:56] | would ask her kindergarten class | 都会要求幼儿园的孩子们 |
[00:58] | to draw a picture of their families | 画一张全家福 |
[01:00] | which she would then display on “meet the teacher” night. | 然后在家长会上把画展示出来 |
[01:05] | That’s how ty richmond’s parents | 因此瑞奇曼的父母在画作上 |
[01:07] | saw his depiction of their fighting… | 看到他们吵架的情景 |
[01:12] | And amy hines’ parents | 而爱米.海因斯的父母 |
[01:14] | saw her portrayal of their drinking. | 则看到了他们酗酒的样貌 |
[01:18] | And jason monte’s parents | 杰森.蒙特的父母 |
[01:20] | saw his illustration of their hygiene. | 见到了家里脏乱的情形 |
[01:25] | You see, ms. butters felt it was important for parents | 很显然 巴特老师认为通过孩子的视角 |
[01:29] | for parents to see themselves through their children’s eyes. | 让家长了解其自己 是相当重要的 |
[01:33] | She knew the experience… | 她见怪不怪了 |
[01:37] | Ed, he’s got me vacuuming in my bra. | 艾德 画里我只戴着胸罩在吸尘 |
[01:39] | Do I do that? | 我有这么做过吗 |
[01:41] | Could be very educational. | 这相当有教育意义 |
[01:45] | I know, I know. | 我知道 对不起 |
[01:47] | Did I not say 7:00? you missed their little show. | 我难道没说是7点吗 你错过了精彩的表演 |
[01:49] | M.j. was tooth decay. | M.j.很不高兴 |
[01:50] | crosstown traffic killed me. | 镇上大塞车 |
[01:52] | And I told you to videotape it. | 我告诉你把它录下来 |
[01:54] | did you tell me to take off the lens cap? | 但你没告诉我要把镜头盖取下 |
[01:56] | Next time, be more specific. | 拜托下次教详细点 |
[01:57] | Mr. delfino, glad you made it. | 德尔非诺先生 很高兴你来了 |
[02:00] | Uh, did you get to see m.j.’s artwork? | 你看了m.j.的画作了吗 |
[02:02] | No, not yet. can’t wait. | 还没呢 都等不及了 |
[02:05] | Oh, hey, look at that. There we are | 哦 你看啊这里 这就是我们 |
[02:07] | standing in front of the house. | 站在我们家门前 |
[02:09] | Look what he did with my hair. | 他把我头发画成什么了 |
[02:10] | I kind of like the bangs. | 有所改变也不错 |
[02:11] | yeah, look, he put a wrench in my pocket. | 你瞧 我口袋里还有一个扳手 |
[02:13] | And see how big my muscles are? | 看看我肌肉多丰满 |
[02:15] | which’s a good thing cause a shark attacking the house | 对啊 因为有个小偷正想闯入 |
[02:21] | Hey, daddy. | 爸爸 |
[02:22] | Hey, buddy. your mommy and i | 儿子 我和你妈妈 |
[02:23] | Were just looking at your wonderful painting. | 正在欣赏你优秀的作品 |
[02:24] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[02:25] | I love it, especially how big and strong you made me look. | 很喜欢 尤其把我画得这么壮实 |
[02:28] | That’s not you. that’s jackson. | 那不是你 那是杰克逊 |
[02:30] | See the paintbrush in his pocket? | 看到口袋里的油漆刷了吗 |
[02:36] | Oh, who’s jackson? | 谁是杰克逊 |
[02:39] | He paints our house… | 在我妈妈把他灌醉 |
[02:41] | Until my mom makes him drink wine and have a sleepover. | 并和他上床之前 他是我们家的油漆工 |
[02:48] | Because… | 因为… |
[02:49] | Mike and I are divorced, so that’s why… | 我和麦克离婚了 因此… |
[02:52] | It was supposed to be a picture of the family, | 按理这应该是一张全家福的 |
[02:55] | So you should’ve put your daddy in it. | 你应当把你爸爸画进去 |
[02:58] | I did. | 我画了 |
[03:05] | Oh, the… the bug with the little hat? | 哦 是那个…戴着帽子的小人吗 |
[03:08] | That’s you, | 那就是你 |
[03:10] | ’cause you’re always so far away. | 因为你总是不在家 |
[03:12] | Oh, yeah, that’s, um… | 是的 看来… |
[03:15] | Now I see me. | 我终于找到我了 |
[03:18] | Yes… every year, | 是的…每一年 |
[03:21] | Ms. elenora butters would ask her class | 爱伦诺拉.巴特老师每年仍要求学生们 |
[03:23] | To draw a picture of their families, | 画一张全家福 |
[03:26] | Even though she knew the portraits… | 她知道肖像中的人物 |
[03:29] | Might not be that flattering. | 是现实生活的真实写照 |
[03:46] | If you look closely into the faces of your friends, | 如果你仔细观察一下你朋友的面容 |
[03:49] | You’ll see it. | 你会看到 |
[03:52] | -Hey! -hi! | -嗨 -嗨 |
[03:53] | -Congratulations! -hi! | -恭喜你啊 -大家好 |
[03:55] | Come on in! | 进来吧 |
[03:57] | Right behind their smiles, | 在她们的笑容背后 |
[03:58] | You will see a certain green-eyed monster, | 隐藏着充满嫉妒的神情 |
[04:01] | And then you’ll understand | 然后你会明白 |
[04:04] | How envious they are of your well-kept home… | 对于你的持家有道 她们有多么忌妒 |
[04:08] | Your delicious recipes… | 你那美味的菜式 |
[04:12] | And your tasteful possessions. | 和令人垂涎的财富 |
[04:16] | Here’s my cookbook. | 这是我的烹饪书 |
[04:19] | But you’ll have to work hard to see the jealousy, | 但你必须仔细观察 才能察觉嫉妒 |
[04:23] | Because good friends always work hard to hide it | 因为好朋友总是努力把嫉妒心隐藏起来 |
[04:29] | Look at you, right on the cover! | 你看呀 简直就是封面女郎 |
[04:32] | These are advanced copies. | 这几本是精装版 |
[04:34] | I wanted you to be the first to have them. | 我要让你们成为第一批读者 |
[04:37] | Oh, and look, you signed it– “to lynette, | 哦 看哪 你还签上了”致勒奈特 |
[04:39] | The sweetest, most wonderful friend I’ve ever known.” | 我最可爱 最亲密的伙伴” |
[04:43] | “to susan, the sweetest, most–“ | “致苏珊 我最可爱 最…” |
[04:46] | We don’t have to read them out loud. | 我们不用念得这么响 |
[04:49] | Don’t mind me, ladies. | 别介意 女士们 |
[04:50] | I’m just grabbing a kiss on my way to the salt mines. | 我要去岩盐坑上班了 来个告别之吻 |
[04:53] | You have a good day. | 祝你工作愉快 |
[04:54] | Thanks, babe. oh, did you show them the ad? | 谢谢 宝贝 你把广告给她们看了吗 |
[04:55] | yeah. oh, I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[04:58] | Isn’t this nice? | 是不是很棒 |
[04:59] | They’re running it next month in “woman’s day.” | 他们要在下月的<女性时代>刊登 |
[05:02] | You’re gonna be in magazines, too? | 你会出现在杂志上吗 |
[05:04] | They’ve come up with this whole marketing plan | 他们已经拿出了整套市场开拓计划 |
[05:07] | Radio, print, book signings. | 广播 出版 签名售书 |
[05:09] | -Wow! isn’t it fantastic? -no, it’s horrible! | -那真是太美妙了 -不 这一点都不好玩 |
[05:12] | She’s gonna become this famous author | 她将成为著名的作家 |
[05:14] | And have no time at all for us. | 没空陪我们了 |
[05:16] | No, come on, gaby. you know that bree will never change. | 不会的 加布 布里永远是布里 |
[05:19] | Thank you, katherine. | 谢谢 凯瑟琳 |
[05:20] | I will never become stuck-up and full of myself. | 我绝对不会高傲自满的 |
[05:22] | I didn’t say that. I said you’d never change. | 我没那么说 我是指你不会改变的 |
[05:25] | Very funny. | 真有意思 |
[05:26] | I don’t think you’ve to worry about me becoming famous | 我觉得你们不用担心我出名的事情 |
[05:29] | You have a marketing plan. | 你都有市场计划了 |
[05:31] | You wanna see my marketing plan? | 想要看看我的卖场计划吗 |
[05:34] | “milk, bread, vodka, condoms–“ | “牛奶 面包 伏特加 避孕套” |
[05:39] | -Could I see that? I’d love to read it. -why? | -我能看看吗 很想看一下 -为什么 |
[05:43] | Well, back before I consecrated my life to mozzarella, | 我当年做意大利干酪的销售 |
[05:45] | Marketing was sort of what I did. | 也有整套的市场推广计划 |
[05:47] | Oh, right! of course. | 哦 当然 |
[05:49] | I would, uh, love to hear your thoughts. | 我很乐意听取你的意见 |
[05:52] | So you’re still gonna | 那么即使你名声远扬 |
[05:53] | Wanna hang out with us, even when you’re totally fabulous, | 依然还会和我们一起聚会的吧 |
[05:55] | And we’re still nobodies? | 我们还是自己人吧 |
[05:57] | Girls, you are making way too much of this. | 女生们 你们说过头了 |
[06:00] | I am not a bit more fabulous than any one of you. | 我不见得比你们厉害多少 |
[06:03] | Excuse me. | 稍等 |
[06:05] | What is it, andrew? | 怎么了 安德鲁 |
[06:06] | I hope you’re free for lunch on the 12th, | 我希望你12号午餐时间暂无安排 |
[06:08] | ’cause the chamber of commerce | 因为商委会刚提名你 |
[06:10] | Just named you businesswoman of the year. | 为今年的”年度商业女性” |
[06:12] | Oh, my god! that is so amazing! | 哦 我的天哪 真是太棒了 |
[06:20] | The, uh, dry cleaner just, found my sweater | 干洗店终于找到我的毛衣了 |
[06:36] | Hi. | 喂 |
[06:38] | Orson, I have amazing news. | 我有个惊人的消息 |
[06:40] | -The chamber of commerce just called. -oh? what about? | -商委会刚刚打电话来了 -哦 说什么了 |
[06:42] | I wanna buy you lunch and tell you in person. | 我和你一起吃午饭 我们面谈 |
[06:44] | I will be at your office in two minutes. | 我2分钟内就到你办公室 |
[06:46] | Uh, no! no, don’t come to my office. | 别 别 别来我办公室 |
[06:48] | You know, I can’t have lunch now. um, I’m in a meeting. | 我现在不能吃午饭 我在开会 |
[06:52] | Well, I’ll wait in reception until it’s over. | 那我到前台等你好了 |
[06:54] | No, it’ll take hours. | 不 可能要好几个小时 |
[06:56] | It’s a very urgent, high-level stuff. | 是个紧急会议 事关重要 |
[07:04] | What kind of meeting is it? | 到底是什么会啊 |
[07:06] | George, hey! | 乔治 搞什么啊 |
[07:08] | Turn that radio down! | 把收音机调小一点 |
[07:10] | -Where are you? -I told you, I’m in a meeting. | -你在哪啊 -不是告诉你了 我在开会 |
[07:15] | I gotta go. | 我要挂了 |
[07:17] | I’ll see you soon. | 我尽快来见你 |
[07:20] | Yes, you will. | 是的 的确很快 |
[07:28] | Mike! what’s going on? | 麦克 怎么了 |
[07:30] | Daddy got me a bike. | 爸爸给我买了辆自行车 |
[07:32] | Yes, I see. and here, | 是的 我看到了 就在这里 |
[07:34] | Mommy thought we’d agreed to wait till your birthday. | 我们不是说好了 到过生日才买吗 |
[07:38] | can you teach me to ride it? | 你能教我怎样骑吗 |
[07:40] | No, not today. I gotta go install a water heater. | 今天不行 我要去修理热水器 |
[07:42] | But, uh, you keep practicing, | 不过 你可以先练练 |
[07:44] | And the next afternoon I have free, | 明天下午我有空 |
[07:45] | we’ll bust off those training wheels | 我们一起学骑车 |
[07:46] | and go kick up some dirt. okay? | 轮子飞转 尘土飘扬 如何 |
[07:48] | okay | 好吧 |
[07:49] | All right. | 去吧 |
[07:51] | Oh, my god. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[07:53] | This is about m.j.’s drawing, isn’t it? | 这都是因为m.j.的画 是不是 |
[07:56] | What? | 什么 |
[07:57] | He does not love jackson more than you. | 比起杰克逊 他肯定更爱你 |
[07:59] | He knows who his father is. | 他知道谁才是他父亲 |
[08:01] | I know that. Can’t a guy get his kid a bike | 这我知道 难道给自己孩子买辆小车 |
[08:03] | without being psychoanalyzed? | 就代表心存嫉妒吗 |
[08:06] | So you’re totally fine with that drawing? | 那对于那幅画 你没事了吧 |
[08:08] | Well, I won’t go sticking it on my fridge anytime soon, | 虽然我不会高调地把它贴到冰箱上去 |
[08:11] | But yeah. | 但我没事 |
[08:13] | Look, I’m glad you’re dating a nice guy. | 我很高兴你能和一个好男人约会 |
[08:15] | I’m glad he likes my kid, and my kid likes him. | 孩子与他彼此能合得来 这点我也很高兴 |
[08:18] | Here’s a bike. that’s all it is. | 这只是一辆自行车而已 别无他意 |
[08:22] | Hey, guys. | 你们好啊 |
[08:24] | Jackson, look at my new bike! | 杰克逊 看看我的新车 |
[08:28] | Pretty cool. | 真酷啊 |
[08:31] | Uh, that’s a custom titanium frame. | 这是由钛合金定做的 |
[08:34] | Make sure m.j. knows that. | 让m.j.了解一下 |
[08:41] | Mommy, can bethany go home now? | 妈妈 贝瑟妮可以回家了吗 |
[08:43] | Honey, she’s only been here 20 minutes. | 宝贝 她才来玩了20分钟而已 |
[08:45] | We invited her over to play, so go play. | 我们本来就是邀请她来玩的 好好玩去 |
[08:47] | But all she does is spin. | 但她只会玩转圈 |
[08:54] | Honey, we want bethany to be our friend, | 宝贝 我们要让贝瑟妮成为我们的朋友 |
[08:56] | So if she wants to spin, just suck it up and spin. | 要是她喜欢转圈 那就跟她学学一起转 |
[09:03] | Why are you show that little weirdo down juanita’s throat? | 你干嘛非要让胡安妮塔跟这个小怪人一起玩 |
[09:06] | That little weirdo is the key to you and I having more sex. | 这个小怪人是能否让你我做爱的关键所在 |
[09:11] | I know I should ask a few questions, but I’m in. | 这点我喜欢 但到底是为什么 |
[09:14] | Bethany’s mom hosts a weekly playdate. | 贝瑟妮的妈妈每周都会举行小朋友聚会 |
[09:16] | I’m trying to get juanita an invitation. | 我要试着让胡安妮塔也获得邀请 |
[09:18] | How does that lead to quality time with your boobs? | 这和我跟你做爱又有什么关系 |
[09:21] | Carlos, the only time you and I have to ourselves | 卡洛斯 我和你只有晚间有时间 |
[09:24] | Is late at night, but by that time, we’re too exhausted. | 但那时候 你我都精疲力竭了 |
[09:27] | And now that we have celia in afternoon preschool, | 现在每天下午都有未上学的西利娅要照顾 |
[09:29] | All we have to do is unload juanita, | 所以我们必须这样做才能摆脱胡安妮塔 |
[09:32] | And then we can get back to doing the nasty. | 这样才能回来好好做爱 |
[09:35] | This doesn’t seem right. | 这样会不会不太好 |
[09:36] | I mean, dumping our kid off on some unsuspecting woman | 把我们自己的孩子扔给别的女人 |
[09:39] | So that we can have sex? | 这样我们才能做爱 |
[09:41] | Wake up! playdates were invented by mothers | 你醒醒吧 妈妈们发明儿童聚会 |
[09:42] | For this exact purpose. | 目的就是为了这个 |
[09:43] | Shopping, sex, drinking in the afternoon– | 购物 做爱 在下午喝酒 |
[09:47] | Playdates make all these things possible. | 只有儿童聚会才能实现这些 |
[09:50] | I-i don’t know. | 我…不知道 |
[09:51] | I feel bad making my kid play with someone | 强迫我们孩子跟她不喜欢的人一起玩 |
[09:54] | That she obviously doesn’t like. | 让我觉得很糟糕 |
[09:55] | Bethany’s mom’ll take juanita once a week 2 whole hours | 贝瑟妮的妈妈可以每周把胡安妮塔带走2个小时 |
[09:59] | That is sex and a nap. | 正好可以做爱加小睡 |
[10:03] | Juanita! | 胡安妮塔 |
[10:05] | I don’t hear you spinning! | 我听不到你转圈的声音 |
[10:08] | I don’t understand. you said the job was going so well. | 我不明白 你说过你的工作一帆风顺 |
[10:11] | It was. then three weeks ago, | 本来是很顺利 三周前 |
[10:14] | My parole officer left me a message at work. | 我的假释官在我工作时留了个口信 |
[10:16] | That’s when they found out I lied on my application | 就在那时他们发现我申请工作时撒了谎 |
[10:18] | When I said I didn’t have a criminal record. | 我申请时说我没有案底 |
[10:21] | So you’ve been pretending to go to work for three weeks? | 所以你这三周都在假装工作 |
[10:24] | I know you’re angry. | 我知道你怒火中烧 |
[10:26] | Honey…I’m not angry | 亲爱的 我没有动怒 |
[10:30] | I’m hurt that you didn’t feel like you could tell me. | 你不想把这些告诉我 我很难受 |
[10:33] | I was embarrassed. | 我感觉很困窘 |
[10:35] | Bree, when we married, I was the breadwinner. | 布里 我们结婚时 是我养家糊口 |
[10:38] | Now you–you have your company and you have your book. | 现在你开了自己的公司 也出了书 |
[10:41] | I-i’m a felon who can’t hold on to a job. | 我是个连饭碗也保不住的重罪犯 |
[10:43] | Orson, we’re partners. we share everything. | 奥森 我们是伙伴 我们共有一切 |
[10:48] | Any success I have | 我所取得的任何成就 |
[10:50] | Is just as much yours as it is mine. | 和你的分量相同 |
[10:54] | Thank you, darling. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[10:59] | So… | 那么 |
[11:00] | Why did the chamber of commerce call? | 商会打电话来干什么 |
[11:03] | Apparently, we’ve been named businesswoman of the year. | 很明显 我们被提名为今年的商界女强人 |
[11:19] | Is that good enough?! | 是不是很棒 |
[11:30] | Wow! you’d be killer in our band. | 你会成为我们乐队的杀手锏 |
[11:32] | I mean, wouldn’t he be killer, dave? | 他肯定会成为杀手锏 不是吗 大卫 |
[11:34] | Uh, donald, why don’t you let us talk it over, | 唐纳德 何不让我们商量一下呢 |
[11:35] | And we’ll get back to you? no problem. | -我们回头会找你 -没问题 |
[11:37] | I have to get back to the office anyway. | 反正我要去上班 |
[11:38] | Quarterly tax time has got me swamped. | 每季度一到交税 我就忙得不可开交 |
[11:41] | Well, we’ll–we’ll definitely call you today. | 我们今天肯定会给你打电话 |
[11:44] | Thanks, gentlemen. | 谢谢 先生们 |
[11:47] | Don’t you think he crushed it? | 你不觉得他棒极了吗 |
[11:48] | He was good… you know, technically. | 技术上讲 他表现得不错 |
[11:50] | -He didn’t really have heart. -what do you mean? | -他没有用心投入 -什么意思 |
[11:54] | When he play voodoo child, it was like hendrix has risen | 他演奏巫毒小子时 就像是亨德里克斯附身 |
[11:57] | what about mike? I thought that’s who we were gonna get | 迈克怎么样 他才是我们要找的人 |
[12:01] | Well, I asked, but he said he’s too busy. | 我问过他 但他说他最近很忙 |
[12:04] | Too busy to live a little? not gonna fly. | 忙得不会生活了吗 这可不是借口 |
[12:06] | Call him. give him my number. I’ll talk to him. okay, sure. | -打电话给他 把我号码给他 我来说 -好吧 当然 |
[12:09] | But–but what about donald? | 可唐纳德怎么样 |
[12:10] | I mean, ’cause if we don’t get mike, I wanna make s– | 我是说 要是迈克来不了 我想确保 |
[12:12] | Tom, donald’s out, all right? | 汤姆 唐纳德出局了 好吗 |
[12:18] | Have mike call me. | 让麦克给我打电话 |
[12:30] | What a rehearsal. | 好一场排练啊 |
[12:32] | Dave and I were smokin’. | 大卫和我都冒烟了 |
[12:35] | Did you hear us? | 你听到我们的声音了吗 |
[12:38] | Lynette? | 勒奈特 |
[12:41] | Lynette. | 勒奈特 |
[12:42] | I’m sorry. what? | 很抱歉 你说什么 |
[12:44] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[12:47] | What are you working on? what, is this bree’s ad stuff? | 你在干嘛 这是布里的广告吗 |
[12:50] | Oh, god, no. her agency really whiffed… hmm? | 不 帮她办事的人实在太逊了 |
[12:52] | So I’m coming up with a whole new campaign. | 所以我在策划一个新的推广计划 |
[12:54] | I was looking through my old portfolio | 我在查一些我以前的资料 |
[12:56] | For inspiration. mm-hmm. | 找点灵感 |
[12:58] | Oh! I remember this one. | 我记得这个 |
[12:59] | “feet? meet your new best friends.” it was a classic. | 脚 见见你最好的新朋友吧 真是经典啊 |
[13:02] | You know, it’s been years since I looked through this stuff. | 我已经好几年没有翻阅这些东西了 |
[13:06] | I’d forgotten I was… kinda great. | 我都忘了我曾如此辉煌 |
[13:09] | You were awesome! | 你当时棒极了 |
[13:10] | I mean, come on. how lucky is bree | 拜托 布里多幸运啊 |
[13:12] | have a neighbor that used to be a big advertising hotshot | 能有个前广告巨头当邻居 |
[13:14] | Well, maybe I’m the lucky one. | 或许我才是那个幸运儿 |
[13:16] | This could be a perfect way for me | 可能这是个绝好的机会 |
[13:17] | To stick my toe back in the business. | 让我能重操旧业 |
[13:19] | Nothing big, maybe just pick up some freelance work. | 没什么大不了 可能只从事些自由职业的工作 |
[13:24] | honey, if you do that, where you gonna find the time | 亲爱的 你要这样 哪有时间 |
[13:26] | -For the family and the restaurant? -well, gee, I don’t know. | -照顾家庭和餐馆呢 -天 我不知道 |
[13:30] | I guess the same place that you find time for your ga band | 你不也有时间组建车库乐队吗 |
[13:33] | Lynette, I’m just saying that if–if you… | 勒奈特 我只是说你要是 |
[13:43] | Okay, I dropped off celia at preschool, | 好啦 我把西利娅送去幼儿园了 |
[13:46] | And juanita’s at her playdate. | 胡安妮塔在她玩伴家里 |
[13:48] | Drop trou. | 脱裤子 |
[13:49] | Why don’t you put on that sexy red teddy? | 你何不穿上那条性感的红色连衣裤呢 |
[13:51] | Can I ask why? I mean, you can’t see it. | 我能问为什么吗 你根本看不见 |
[13:54] | Yeah, but I can feel it, | 是啊 可我感觉得到 |
[13:55] | And I love the sensation of sliding silk off your body. | 我喜欢丝绸从你身上滑落下来的感觉 |
[14:00] | What’s it like, carlos? | 感觉怎么样 卡洛斯 |
[14:05] | What? | 什么 |
[14:06] | Sex as a blind man. | 作为一个盲人的性爱 |
[14:08] | I mean, you used to be so visual. | 我是说 你以前能看得见 |
[14:11] | Is it still as good? | 感觉还像以前那么好吗 |
[14:13] | Oh, it’s better. | 更胜一筹 |
[14:15] | I mean, having to rely on | 我是说 不得不依靠 |
[14:17] | Your senses of touch and taste and smell… | 你的触觉 味觉 和嗅觉 |
[14:20] | It’s actually way more intense. | 实际上更激情四射 |
[14:22] | Really? you’re so lucky. | 真的吗 你真幸运 |
[14:24] | What, you want blind sex? | 什么 你想体会盲人性爱吗 |
[14:26] | I think I can arrange that. | 我可以给你安排啊 |
[14:33] | Hey there. | 你在啊 |
[14:36] | Looks like somebody’s job interview went well. | 看起来某人的面试很成功啊 |
[14:39] | Nope. they turned me down flat. | 错啦 他们直截了当拒绝了我 |
[14:41] | Aw. but as I was driving home, it suddenly hit me. | 但我开车回家时 突然灵机一动 |
[14:44] | I may be persona non grata at every company in this town, | 可能这镇上的每家公司都不欢迎我 |
[14:47] | But there’s at least one employer I know | 但至少有一个雇主 |
[14:49] | Who would love to hire me. | 愿意雇用我 |
[14:51] | Oh. who? | 谁啊 |
[14:53] | You. | 你 |
[14:56] | You wanna work here? | 你想在这里工作吗 |
[14:58] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[15:00] | I’m great with food. I understand business. | 我对食物很在行 了解商业运作方式 |
[15:03] | I can’t beat the commute. | 而且也不计较酬劳 |
[15:05] | Well, that’s certainly an intriguing notion. | 这个想法看似很有意思 |
[15:08] | But wouldn’t it be awkward having me as your boss? | 但我做你的上司不是很尴尬吗 |
[15:11] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[15:13] | But as you said in the park, | 但你在公园也说了 |
[15:15] | We share everything. | 我们共享一切 |
[15:16] | So I would be more of a… partner. | 所以我不仅仅是个搭档 |
[15:19] | Partners? oh. | 搭档 |
[15:21] | bree, would you give me a hand with this arrangement? | 布里 你过来帮忙一下好吗 |
[15:24] | Just give me a sec. | 等我一会儿 |
[15:27] | I think the lilies need their own vase. | 百合花需要用自己的花瓶装 |
[15:31] | If you hire him, I will cut you with these scissors | 如果你雇他 我会把你剪成破布的 |
[15:34] | I don’t think we need to do that. | 我们不需要这么做 |
[15:36] | I think they’re crowding the irises out. | 他们要把鸢尾花挤出去 |
[15:38] | Just like he’s trying to crowd me out. | 就像他在把我排挤出去一样 |
[15:41] | You already have a partner, remember? | 你已经有个搭档了 记得吗 |
[15:42] | Oh, well, I think the irises and the lilies | 鸢尾花和百合花 |
[15:45] | Could work together. nope. one of them has to go. | -可以一起工作 -不 必须放弃一个 |
[15:49] | -If I may offer an opinion -not a good time, orson. | -如果我能给点意见 -现在不是时候 奥森 |
[15:54] | Tell him now, | 马上告诉他 |
[15:56] | Or I will walk. | 要不我走 |
[16:01] | Orson, you really don’t wanna work with me. | 奥森 你实在不会想和我共事 |
[16:02] | I mean, you only see me at home. | 你只看得见我在家的样子 |
[16:03] | But work, when the pressure on, I can be a bit of a handful. | 但是工作时 我在压力下难以控制自己情绪 |
[16:06] | -Katherine see how I get. -yes. bitchy, tyrannical, shrill | -凯瑟琳知道我的德行 -泼辣 暴躁 恼人 |
[16:11] | He gets it, dear. | 够了 亲爱的 |
[16:16] | Honey, you’re my partner in life. | 亲爱的 你是我一生的伙伴 |
[16:18] | But if we want to keep it that way, | 但我们要保持美满的婚姻 |
[16:19] | We shouldn’t mix marriage and business. | 我们不该混淆婚姻和事业 |
[16:22] | But no one else will hire me. | 但没人肯聘用我 |
[16:24] | Well, you’ve only been looking for a few weeks. | 你找工作才花了几周时间而已 |
[16:26] | I mean, give it another… say, month or two, | 再花些时间 比方说 一两个月 |
[16:29] | And if you still haven’t found anything, | 如果你还一无所获 |
[16:31] | Then we’ll revisit the idea. okay? | 我们一定会从新考虑 好吗 |
[16:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:37] | It was just a thought. | 我只是想想而已 |
[16:49] | Oh, so what’d you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[16:51] | Oh, my god, you were right. | 我的天 你说的没错 |
[16:52] | Blind sex is incredible. | 盲人性爱太不可思议了 |
[16:54] | Ahh, give me ten more minutes and an energy bar, | 再给我十分钟和一个能量条 |
[16:56] | And we can go one more time. | 我们还能再干一场 |
[17:06] | No, I think we’re done. | 不 到此为止 |
[17:09] | Honey! | 亲爱的 |
[17:11] | What are you doing home? I thought you were at bethany’s. | 你在家里干什么 我以为你在贝瑟妮家呢 |
[17:13] | I got a tummyache. her mom brought me back. | 我胃疼 她妈妈就把我送回来了 |
[17:18] | Well, how long have you been standing there? | 你站在那里多久了 |
[17:20] | I don’t know. what were you two doing? | 不知道 你们俩刚才在干嘛 |
[17:23] | Um, we were, uh… | 我们在 |
[17:26] | We were wrestling. wrestling. | 我们在扭打 扭打 |
[17:28] | Did daddy hurt you? you were making loud noises. | 爸爸弄疼你了吗 你刚才叫得好大声 |
[17:32] | No! no, that wasn’t real. | 不 不 那不是真的 |
[17:34] | Sometimes I fake it when I wrestle with daddy. | 有时我和你爸爸扭打的时候就这么装 |
[17:38] | Please don’t wrestle with mommy. | 请别和妈妈扭打 |
[17:41] | You’re too big. you could hurt her. | 你块头太大了 会弄疼她 |
[17:43] | Yeah, carlos, stop that. | 是的 卡洛斯 别再那样了 |
[17:47] | Okay, go to your room, | 好的 回你房间去 |
[17:48] | And I’m gonna bring you something for your tummy. | 我去给你拿点胃药 |
[17:52] | I think she bought it. | 她应该当真了 |
[17:54] | You mean the story of how daddy beats up mommy? | 你是说爸爸毒打妈妈的谎话吗 |
[17:57] | Relax. I told her I was fine. | 别紧张 我说了我没事 |
[17:59] | look, I could hear the worry in her voice. | 我听得出她很担心 |
[18:01] | Why don’t we just tell her the truth? | 我们为什么不干脆告诉她真相 |
[18:02] | What, that sometimes mommy rides daddy | 什么 有时妈妈骑在爸爸身上 |
[18:04] | Like a mechanical bull to get jewelry? | 就像骑着机器牛去抢珠宝吗 |
[18:06] | She’s 5. she’s too young to understand either half of that. | 她才5岁 根本不可能明白 |
[18:09] | It’s the facts of life. | 这是性的基本知识 |
[18:10] | She’s gonna learn ’em eventually, | 她终究会了解 |
[18:11] | And it’s the most natural thing in the world. | 这是世上最自然而然的事 |
[18:13] | Carlos, if she was standing there any longer than 5 minutes | 卡洛斯 要是她刚才多站5分钟 |
[18:17] | There was nothing natural about what she saw. | 她看到的就不仅仅是自然了 |
[18:20] | By the way, thank you for that. | 此外 谢谢你那样 |
[18:27] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:29] | Hey, it’s me. listen, | 是我 听着 |
[18:30] | I’ve got some free time, | 我正好有时间 |
[18:32] | So I thought I’d come over | 我想过去 |
[18:33] | And teach m.j. how to ride his new bike. | 教M.J.骑他的新车 |
[18:34] | great. he’s so excited to learn. | 太棒了 他迫不及待呢 |
[18:36] | Are you sure he’s ready to go without training wheels? | 你确定他不需要护轮就能骑了吗 |
[18:40] | Oh, he’ll probably have to take a few spills, | 他可能还得要摔上几跤呢 |
[18:42] | But luckily, he’ll have his old man there to pick him up. | 幸运的是 他有老爸扶他起来 |
[18:45] | Yeah. he’s been asking when you’re coming. | 是的 他一直在问你什么时候来 |
[18:47] | I can’t wait to tell him. I know he’ll be just… | 我等不及要告诉他 我知道他会… |
[18:50] | All right! | 好吧 |
[18:52] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[18:54] | Spider. big one. gotta go! | 蜘蛛 好大一只 我得走了 |
[19:00] | Mommy, look, no training wheels. | 妈妈 看 没有用护轮 |
[19:03] | I know! you did great! | 我知道 做得好 |
[19:05] | Jackson, can I see you a sec? | 杰克逊 借一步说话 |
[19:07] | That was amazing! he learned so fast. | 真是不可思议 他学车突飞猛进 |
[19:09] | you know what I learned? mike is on his way over here | 这我看出来了 但问题是迈克正赶过来 |
[19:11] | To teach his son how to ride the bike he bought– | 教他儿子怎样骑他买的车 |
[19:14] | Something he was looking forward to until you ruined it. | 他期盼已久的事被你毁于一旦 |
[19:17] | W-why didn’t you tell me that? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[19:18] | I didn’t know I had to tell you | 我怎么知道我还有义务告诉你 |
[19:19] | not to steal a father’s precious moment. | 别抢走一个爸爸的宝贵时光 |
[19:22] | M.j.–he just kept asking me. he–he made me do it. | M.J. 他不停地求我 一定要我教他 |
[19:24] | You could’ve walked away. | 你可以置之不理啊 |
[19:26] | No, I couldn’t! | 不 我不能 |
[19:27] | He said, “please!” | 他说 “求你了” |
[19:29] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[19:31] | As you can see, the graphic works just as well | 很明显 这幅图画好象 |
[19:35] | On a free-standing display unit. neat, huh? | 在一个独立的版面上 很优雅 |
[19:38] | Goodness, lynette. | 天呐 勒奈特 |
[19:39] | When you offered to share your thoughts on my campaign, | 当时你提出要对我的推广活动出点主意 |
[19:42] | I wasn’t expecting anything quite so… elaborate. | 我没有想到会制作得如此…精美 |
[19:44] | Well, who knew your marketing guys were such lame-os? | 谁知道你的推销员都那么差劲 |
[19:47] | What they came up with is so…tepid | 他们的想法都太…无趣了 |
[19:52] | Um, I think “understated” was what they were going for. | 我想他们是在追求”朴素” |
[19:55] | Well, they overshot and wound up in “bland,” | 但朴素过头 就会造成”乏味” |
[19:58] | Right on the border of “sucky.” | 近乎濒临”烂” |
[20:00] | You need to grab your audience, just grab ’em. | 你要抓住你的受众 要夺人眼球 |
[20:03] | I’ve gone for jazzier colors, | 我使用的颜色相当”奔放” |
[20:05] | Bolder fonts. | 你看这加粗的字 |
[20:06] | Oh, I have really played up the whole nostalgia angle. | 我的宣传卖点就是”怀旧” |
[20:11] | “let mrs. van de kamp | 让范德坎普太太 |
[20:13] | Turn your oven into a time machine.” | 带你进入时间机器 |
[20:16] | I see women really responding to that. | 我想只要是女性肯定会赞同 |
[20:18] | Do you? | 能么 |
[20:20] | Because I see children | 可我看到孩子们 |
[20:22] | Crawling into ovens, hoping to see dinosaurs. | 爬到炉子里 希望能看到恐龙 |
[20:29] | I’ve got a whole bunch of alternatives. | 我预备了很多备用方案 |
[20:31] | Oh, lynette, I appreciate everything you’ve done. | 勒奈特 你做的每件事我都很欣赏 |
[20:33] | But I’ve actually approved the old campaign, | 但我必须要让这次活动被公众认可 |
[20:35] | And I can’t just tell them I’ve changed my mind. | 我不能告诉他们我改主意了 |
[20:37] | You don’t have to. I’ll be the bad guy. | 你没必要 我才是那个坏事的人 |
[20:39] | Just tell ’em you’ve hired me, | 告诉他们你雇了我 |
[20:41] | And I’ll go in there, six-guns ablazing. | 我会去那 跟他们理论 |
[20:45] | So… do we have a deal? | 那么 咱们达成一致了么 |
[20:47] | Just give me the word. | 说一声就行 |
[20:50] | No. | 没有 |
[20:51] | No? | 没有 |
[20:52] | Sorry, but I prefer their campaign. | 对不起 我更喜欢他们构思的计划 |
[20:56] | But mine is better. | 但是我的更好 |
[20:58] | Well, you’re… entitled to think so, but I don’t. | 你的… 貌似还不错 但我觉得不行 |
[21:01] | Look, bree… | 布里… |
[21:04] | I think I know a little more about marketing than you do. | 我认为我在营销上比你略胜一筹 |
[21:07] | When I was in it, I owned this town. | 我刚进这行的时候 整个镇都惟我所属 |
[21:09] | I had every big account. | 各大帐目都是我管理的 |
[21:11] | Hell, I was even named businesswoman of the year. | 我甚至是”年度商业女性” |
[21:15] | Oh. well, I’m familiar with that award. | 我很熟悉那个奖 |
[21:18] | In fact, I’m this year’s recipient. | 事实上 我是今年的获奖者 |
[21:21] | Really? yes. | -真的 -是的 |
[21:23] | There’s a luncheon on the 12th. I do hope you can make it. | 12号有一个午宴 你一定要过来 |
[21:28] | By the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[21:30] | You’re right about those colors. | 你选的那些颜色很棒 |
[21:32] | Very… jazzy. | 非常…”奔放” |
[21:41] | Come on, m.j. your daddy’s waiting. | 来吧 m.j. 你爸爸等你呢 |
[21:50] | Mommy, I don’t wanna fall. | 妈妈 我不想摔倒 |
[21:52] | Oh, honey. | 宝贝儿 |
[21:55] | You know how you like to push the button | 你记得每次坐电梯 |
[21:56] | When we go on the elevator, | 你总爱玩按钮吗 |
[21:57] | And if somebody else pushes it first, it makes you sad? | 如果有人先按下 你就会难过 |
[22:00] | But I don’t wanna fall. | 但是 我不想摔倒 |
[22:01] | Just listen. daddy really wanted to be the one | 听着 爸爸特别想 |
[22:04] | To teach you to ride your bike, and if you can already do it, | 亲自教你骑车 如果你会骑了 |
[22:07] | It’s gonna make him sad. | 这才会让他难过呢 |
[22:09] | So just let daddy push the button. understand? | 就让爸爸去按那个按钮吧 明白么 |
[22:23] | Wow, he’s really picking it up fast. | 他骑的真快啊 |
[22:25] | Yeah. I think it’s just beginner’s luck. uh-huh. | 我想是初学者有好运 |
[22:32] | Are you sure he hasn’t been practicing? no. | -你确定他没练习过么 -没 |
[22:34] | He was absolutely waiting for you. | 他真的是在等你 |
[22:35] | You know, I think I’m gonna go check his helmet. | 我得去检查下他的头盔 |
[22:38] | What are you doing? we talked about this. | 你在干什么 我们说好的 |
[22:40] | -You’re supposed to be new. -I don’t want to fall. I’m scared | -你本该像个新手的 -我不想摔倒 我害怕 |
[22:43] | Oh! of what? you’re 3 inches off the ground. | 怕什么 你离地才3英寸 |
[22:46] | You’re completely padded. so just do what I say | 而且全身都是护垫 就照我说的做 |
[22:50] | Wobble, wobble. “daddy, look at me!” crash. | 先假装摇晃 “”爸爸 看我” 然后摔倒 |
[22:58] | He was just telling me how glad he is to have his dad here | 他刚跟我说 爸爸在这看他真开心 |
[23:01] | really? ’cause I almost feel like he doesn’t even need me | 真的么 我觉得他根本不需要我 |
[23:04] | oh, that’s just silly. | 你别犯傻 |
[23:21] | Whoops-a-daisy! oh, it’s a good thing your dad’s here | 哎呦 怎么啦 幸好你爸爸在这 |
[23:25] | To teach you how to do it right. | 教你怎么骑 |
[23:27] | oh, looking good, buddy, but remember, | 看着还不错 但是记住 |
[23:28] | When you stop, you gotta put your foot down first. | 当你要停的时候 先把脚放下来 |
[23:32] | -Oh, what, does that hurt right there, buddy? -oh, he’s fine | -是伤在这里了吗 -他没事 |
[23:36] | No, mommy. it hurts. | 不 妈妈 我伤着了 |
[23:44] | -This is all my fault. -oh, will you stop? | -这都是我的错 -你别这么说了 |
[23:47] | The doctor said it was just a sprain. | 医生说只是扭伤 |
[23:48] | I know, but still, I shouldn’t have pushed it. | 我知道 我不该让他自己骑的 |
[23:50] | You know, why look for blame? kids fall. | 为什么要自责呢 小孩经常摔交 |
[23:53] | If you have to find fault, Blame the pavement, not yourself… | 非要怪罪 就怪人行道好了 别怪你自己 |
[23:57] | Or me. | 或者是我 |
[24:00] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[24:03] | He should have his pitching arm back in no time. | 他扭伤的胳膊很快就会好 |
[24:05] | -thank you -but I want ask m.j. said that he fell on purpose | -谢谢 -但我仍要问一下 m.j.说他故意摔的 |
[24:09] | Something about you telling him | 是关于你们跟他说的 |
[24:11] | To “let daddy push the elevator button”? | 让爸爸去按那个电梯的按钮 |
[24:17] | You told him to fall? | 你让他故意摔倒 |
[24:19] | Remember, it’s the pavement you’re mad at. | 记着 你该冲人行道发火 |
[24:21] | What the hell susan? why would you do something like that | 怎么回事 苏珊 你为什么要那么做 |
[24:24] | Jackson taught him to ride the bike. | 是杰克逊教他骑的车 |
[24:28] | Jackson. | 杰克逊 |
[24:29] | Who’s jackson? | 谁是杰克逊 |
[24:30] | He does sleepovers with mommy. | 他和妈妈过夜 |
[24:32] | They drink lots of wine. | 他们喝了好多酒 |
[24:35] | Hey, doc. don’t you hand out lollipops to brave little boys? | 医生 你是不是该拿棒棒糖 去哄哄小孩 |
[24:44] | I’m sorry. m.j. was excited about the bike, | 抱歉 m.j.看到自行车太兴奋了 |
[24:47] | So jackson took off the training wheels | 所以杰克逊卸下了护轮 |
[24:49] | And taught him. he didn’t know. | 就教他了 他不知道 |
[24:50] | He didn’t know I’d wanna be the one | 他不知道我才是那个 |
[24:51] | -To teach my own kid how to ride a bike? -you know what | -该教我儿子骑车的人吧 -我跟你讲 |
[24:55] | This is not jackson’s fault. | 这不是杰克逊的错 |
[24:58] | You can’t give a 5-year-old a bike | 你不该给一个5岁的孩子自行车 |
[25:00] | And expect him to wait to ride it until you have time. | 然后期望他等你有时间再骑 |
[25:04] | You know, this is what it means to be divorced. | 离婚就是这样 |
[25:08] | It means that sometimes you won’t be there. | 有时候你不能到场 |
[25:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:19] | Just harder | 太难了 |
[25:21] | Than I thought it would be. | 比我预料的更难 |
[25:24] | Well, it’s hard for me, too. | 对我来说也很难 |
[25:26] | I miss things when he’s with you. | 我怀念他和你在一起的时光 |
[25:28] | And i… | 而且我 |
[25:30] | Am trying to come to terms with my guilt, because… | 努力去面对我的过错 因为 |
[25:35] | I have to. | 我必须这么做 |
[25:38] | So do you. | 你也一样 |
[25:43] | There’s nothing else you can do. | 除此之外 你什么都做不了 |
[25:54] | Has mike called? | 麦克打电话来了么 |
[25:56] | Hi, honey. you’re home. | 亲爱的 你回来啦 |
[25:59] | Sorry, hon. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[26:03] | So did he call? | 他打过电话么 |
[26:05] | No. | 没有 |
[26:08] | Hey, listen to this. | 看看这个 |
[26:09] | Mrs. hudson’s putting her house up for sale. | 哈德孙太太出售她家的房子 |
[26:12] | I think we should buy it. | 我想我们应该买下来 |
[26:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:16] | As an investment. i-i mean, it’s fantastic. | 作为一种投资 这很不错 |
[26:19] | My friend mary alice blew her brains out in this house, | 我朋友玛丽・艾莉丝在这里饮弹自尽 |
[26:22] | And all I’d have to do is let that slip, | 我可以无意地说出那个秘密 |
[26:23] | And we’d get it for a song. | 那多好玩啊 |
[26:25] | yeah. I don’t think so. | 我不这么想 |
[26:28] | Well, why not? we’ll rent it out. | 为什么不 我们把它租出去 |
[26:29] | We could make some serious money. | 我们可以正经地赚钱 |
[26:30] | last thing I wanna be is a landlord, | 我可不想做房主 |
[26:33] | Get a phone call every time a toilet overflows. | 每次厕所进水 电话吵个不停 |
[26:36] | That’s why we hire a management company | 所以我们才雇佣物业公司 |
[26:37] | damn it, edie, I said no! | 该死 伊迪 我说了不行 |
[26:47] | Why are you yelling at me? | 你冲我喊什么 |
[26:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:54] | I’m sorry. I just got a lot on my mind. | 抱歉 我最近太心烦了 |
[26:59] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:33] | Hi, bethany. | 贝瑟妮 |
[27:35] | I’m here to pick up juanita. is she around? | 我来接胡安妮塔的 她在吗 |
[27:37] | Boys have sperm. | 男孩子有精液 |
[27:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[27:42] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[27:48] | So apparently, after we had our little chat with juanita, | 很显然 在我们和胡安妮塔谈过之后 |
[27:50] | She went straight to bethany | 她直接去贝瑟妮家了 |
[27:51] | And passed on the facts of life in excruciating detail. | 转述了生活上那些痛苦的细节 |
[27:54] | Well, did you explain to peggy why we had the little chat? | 你向佩吉解释我们那个谈话了么 |
[27:57] | She didn’t wanna hear it, | 她不想听 |
[27:58] | Not with bethany running around the house, | 而且还不止 贝瑟妮满屋子跑 |
[28:00] | Screaming “intercourse!” at the top of her lungs. | 嘶声裂肺的大喊 “性交” |
[28:03] | So we’re out of the playdate? oh, yeah. way out. | -小孩的聚会没戏了 -是的 出局了 |
[28:09] | Well, I guess it’s back to the old schedule | 我觉得该执行老计划了 |
[28:11] | Of ten minutes of grope ‘n snore at midnight. | 在午夜打鼾的时候10分钟搞定 |
[28:13] | I’m not going back, carlos. I can’t. | 我不想回到以前 卡洛斯 我办不到 |
[28:14] | If juanita doesn’t get her playdate, | 如果胡安妮塔找不回她的玩伴 |
[28:16] | -You’re not getting yours. -fine. I will fix it. | -你也别想有欢娱 -好吧 我知道了 |
[28:19] | I just don’t know why | 我不知道为什么 |
[28:21] | Peggy’s making such a big deal out of this. | 佩吉要对此事大动干戈 |
[28:23] | Sperm! | 精液 |
[28:27] | Juanita! stop talking to your sister! | 胡安妮塔 不许跟你妹妹说 |
[28:34] | Orson, what are you doing in the guest bedroom? | 奥森 你在客房干吗呢 |
[28:36] | Oh, I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[28:38] | You were snoring too loudly. | 你打鼾声音太响了 |
[28:40] | Me? snoring? | 我 打鼾 |
[28:43] | Mm, like a donkey with a head cold. | 像一只伤风了的猴子 |
[28:45] | Honey, I don’t snore. | 亲爱的 我不打鼾的 |
[28:47] | Oh, you can’t always hear yourself. | 你自己也听不到 |
[28:49] | But I hear you… | 但是我能听到 |
[28:52] | Loud and clear. | 很大声 很清晰 |
[28:55] | Oh, for heaven sakes, come back to bed. | 我的天 回去睡觉吧 |
[28:58] | No. | 不 |
[29:00] | I’m good here. | 我在这挺好 |
[29:11] | dave williams. | 大卫.威廉姆斯 |
[29:12] | Look, hate to bother you, | 很抱歉打扰你 |
[29:14] | But I got a busted pipe outside the house. | 我房子外面的管道裂了 |
[29:16] | Probably some kids playing a prank. no problem. | -可能是小孩子搞得恶作剧 -没问题 |
[29:18] | I’m across town finishing up on another job. | 我正在别的镇工作 |
[29:20] | So depending on traffic, give me… say an hour? oh, thanks. | -看交通情况吧 给我一个小时 -谢谢 |
[29:23] | I really appreciate it. | 不胜感激 |
[29:39] | So when juanita thought that I might be hurting her mother, | 当胡安妮塔觉得我是在伤害她妈妈时 |
[29:41] | We decided it was best that she knew the truth. | 我们决定最好让她知道真相 |
[29:45] | It just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. | 就像在那个时候刚好做了那事 |
[29:48] | See, honey? | 看到没 亲爱的 |
[29:49] | I-i knew there had to be a rational explanation. | 我就知道他们有合理解释的 |
[29:53] | I guess under the circumstances, | 我猜在那种情况下 |
[29:56] | You didn’t have any other choice. | 你们没有别的选择 |
[30:00] | So… do you think there’s any chance | 那胡安妮塔有没有机会 |
[30:02] | Juanita could rejoin your playdate? | 再加入聚会呢 |
[30:04] | we’ve talked to her. | 我们已经跟她说了 |
[30:05] | She will never discuss sex ever again. | 她以后再也不会讨论性了 |
[30:08] | Not if she wants to see her favorite dolly alive. | 不然她最喜欢的娃娃肯定会遭殃 |
[30:12] | Gaby, we don’t need to let them know | 加布 我们不必让他们知道 |
[30:14] | All of our parenting secrets. | 我们夫妻间的所有秘密 |
[30:16] | I… think that’d be okay. | 我想没事了 |
[30:18] | I probably overreacted. | 我可能是反应过激了 |
[30:21] | We just want keep bethany’s innocence as long as we can | 我们只想尽可能地维持贝瑟妮的天真 |
[30:23] | Oh, we totally agree. | 我们完全同意 |
[30:24] | -Kids are grow up way too fast these days. -no kidding. | -孩子们最近成熟得太快了 -没错 |
[30:27] | I want my girls to believe in santa as long as possible. | 我尽可能让我女儿相信圣诞老人 |
[30:30] | They’re gonna find out soon enough that it’s all a lie. | 她们很快会发现这是个十足的谎言 |
[30:34] | What? | 什么 |
[30:36] | There’s no santa claus?! | 没有圣诞老人吗 |
[30:46] | Next playdate’s monday at 1:00? | 下次聚会是定在周一1:00吗 |
[30:50] | Wow, whoever did this really went to town. | 谁干的 都能出名了 |
[30:51] | Yeah, I know. damn kids. | 是啊 我也知道 该死的孩子 |
[30:54] | By the way, | 顺便说一句 |
[30:56] | Did you put any more thought into joining the band? | 有没有再考虑一下 加入乐队 |
[30:58] | Oh, man. I’m sorry. I’ve been meaning to get back to you. | 抱歉 我很想加入 |
[31:00] | I appreciate the offer, | 真的很感激你们找我 |
[31:01] | But I’m really stretched thin these days. | 但最近真的忙坏了 |
[31:03] | Oh, come on. every man’s got time for a little music. | 好吧 谁都有听听小曲的时间的 |
[31:06] | Believe me, I’d love to play with you guys, | 相信我 我很乐意跟你们一起玩玩 |
[31:08] | But, uh, I live 30 minutes away, an hour in traffic. | 但是 我在路上就能耽误1小时 |
[31:11] | -Whatever time I’ve got left’s for my son. -yeah, I hear ya | -留给我儿子的就没多长时间了 -我理解 |
[31:14] | Hey, you ever look into living a little closer by? | 你想过搬到近一点的地方住吗 |
[31:17] | With the rent prices in this neighborhood? | 但附近的租金太贵了 |
[31:19] | I might play guitar like a rock star, | 我吉他是弹得像个明星 |
[31:21] | -But I don’t earn like one. -yeah. sorry. | -但没有明星那么有钱 -对不起 |
[31:24] | -I wasn’t thinking. -oh, it’s all right. | -我说话不经大脑 -没关系 |
[31:27] | Uh, appreciate you trying to help. | 谢谢你 你有心了 |
[31:29] | Believe me, I wish I could do more. | 相信我 我希望我能帮忙 |
[31:38] | I’ve never seen Bree so happy. she’s glowing. | 从没见过布里那么高兴 闪闪发光 |
[31:42] | She won’t be glowing when that agency sinks her book. | 等广告商糟蹋了她的书 她就不发光 |
[31:45] | Lynette… | 勒奈特 |
[31:46] | I’m telling you, the only thing staler than that ad campaign | 告诉你 那个广告宣传糟糕透顶 |
[31:48] | Is this dinner roll. | 这面包圈和宣传一样糟 |
[31:49] | yeah, and the water was as flat as the ad campaign. | 宣传做得和水一样平淡无奇 |
[31:52] | Your martini was as dry as the ad campaign. let it go. | 和你的马蒂尼酒一样枯燥乏味 看开点 |
[31:56] | Hi, everybody! you having a good time? hi! | -大家好 开心吗 -你好 |
[31:58] | Hey, beautiful! | 你好 美人 |
[31:59] | Um ,this is– Stu! | 这是斯图 |
[32:01] | Lynette Scavo. I thought that might be you. hey! | -勒奈特・斯加沃 我就猜是你 -你好 |
[32:04] | Hey. | 你好 |
[32:05] | Everyone, this is my old assistant, | 大家 这是我以前的助理 |
[32:08] | -Stu, um… -Durber. | -斯图 呃 -都伯 |
[32:11] | Hey! well, this was one great guy. | 他人非常的好 |
[32:14] | He would schlep all the way across town | 以前会跑遍整个镇 |
[32:16] | Just to get me my chinese food. | 帮我买中国菜 |
[32:19] | So…What are you up to? | 那么 你现在做什么 |
[32:22] | Actually, Stu’s company is doing all my advertising. | 事实上 斯图的公司负责我的宣传 |
[32:29] | Your company? you have a company? | 你的公司 你开了家公司 |
[32:31] | Three years now. huh. | 已经三年了 |
[32:34] | How about you? are you still at, uh, Parcher & Murphy? | 你呢 你还在波特&摩非公司吗 |
[32:36] | No, i… also went into business for myself. | 不 我 现在也是自己创业 |
[32:39] | Her place makes the best pizza in town. | 她店里的披萨是镇上一流的 |
[32:41] | You own a pizzeria? | 你开了披萨店 |
[32:43] | Well, it’s really my husband’s. | 应该说是我丈夫开的 |
[32:45] | And I’m still doing some freelance stuff. | 我算是自由职业者 |
[32:47] | Well, that’s great. you know, we’re always working late. | 太棒了 我们总是要加班 |
[32:50] | Give me your card. we’ll order from you some night. oh. | 给我你的名片 我们可以向你们定披萨 |
[32:52] | You know, of course, we’re across town, | 你知道 我们在镇的另一边 |
[32:53] | So it may be a bit of a schlep. oh! | 所以可能要跑跑腿 |
[32:56] | -It was great catching up, Lynette. -yeah. | -很高兴能叙叙旧 勒奈特 -当然 |
[32:58] | Bree, let me introduce you to some people. | 布里 我介绍你认识一些人 |
[33:17] | There’s my beautiful wife. | 我美丽的老婆在这里 |
[33:19] | What are you up to? | 你在忙什么 |
[33:22] | Why? looking for a reason to scream at me? | 为什么问我 想找理由吼我吗 |
[33:24] | You’re right. I was awful the other day. | 你说的对 我那天太过分了 |
[33:27] | How about I make it up to you | 为了补偿你 |
[33:29] | By buying you Mrs. Hudson’s house? | 我买下哈德森太太的房子怎么样 |
[33:31] | Seriously? well, I thought about it, and I agree. | -真的吗 -我考虑过了 我觉得 |
[33:34] | It’s a good investment opportunity. | 这的确是个好的投资机会 |
[33:37] | Oh! thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[33:39] | Mm-hmm, mm-hmm. thank you. thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[33:43] | And I promise that we’ll rent that place out for top dollar. | 我保证 我们会收到很高的租金 |
[33:47] | Oh, I’m not worried about that. | 我倒不担心这个 |
[33:49] | But first… I want to do someone a favor. | 但是我想帮别人一个忙 |
[33:57] | Hi. | 你好 |
[33:59] | Where are you? it’s after 2:00. | 你在哪 都两点多了 |
[34:01] | I’m getting ready for my job interview. | 我在准备面试 |
[34:03] | Oh, that’s not until 4:00. | 面试4点才开始 |
[34:05] | I’m reading the company’s annual reports. | 我在看公司的年度报告 |
[34:07] | I want to be prepared. | 需要充分准备 |
[34:10] | Oh, honey. everybody’s asking about you. | 亲爱的 很多人都问起你 |
[34:12] | I want you to be here. it’s my big day. | 我想你在这 今天对我很重要 |
[34:15] | Well…Enjoy it.You’ve earned it. | 好好享受 你应得的 |
[34:31] | You know what this tastes like? more. | 知道这东西多好吃吗 再来点 |
[34:34] | It would seem | 似乎 |
[34:36] | Somebody’s taking their designated driver position… | 有人对自己的旧部下爬到自己头上来 |
[34:38] | -A little lightly. -Stu? | -过于在意 -斯图 |
[34:41] | Stu is doing Bree’s ad campaign? | 斯图负责布里的宣传 |
[34:45] | I rode in his hatchback once. | 我坐过他的车 |
[34:48] | It smelled like mu shu. | 车里味道烂透了 |
[34:50] | I gotta warn her. oh, wait! no, honey. | -我必须警告她 -等等 亲爱的 |
[34:52] | Why don’t you wait till after the ceremony? | 庆功宴结束再说吧 |
[34:54] | Yeah, just until you can blink both eyes at the same time. | 是呀 等到你酒醒了以后 |
[34:57] | Guys, I am just gonna offer her a little advice. geesh. | 朋友们 我只是给她提点意见 |
[35:05] | Whoop. still waiting. | 还在等你上菜呢 |
[35:07] | The great thing about the internet is that | 网络的最大优点就是 |
[35:09] | With a minimal investment, you actually can reach | 用最小的投资 你能向固定的目标群体 |
[35:11] | -All your specific target audience -coupons. | -做宣传 -优惠券 |
[35:14] | Coupons? | 优惠券 |
[35:16] | Do a cross-promotion | 和一些大型食物公司 |
[35:16] | 合作促销 降低20%的售价 | |
[35:23] | On some of the items featured in your recipes, | 销售你书上的美食 |
[35:26] | Then they do the same | 如果购买你的书 |
[35:28] | Towards the purchase of your cookbook. | 也降低20%的售价 |
[35:31] | Yeah, our research shows, you know, | 根据我们最近的调查报告 |
[35:33] | -People aren’t so hot on gimmicks -zip it, Stewie. | -人们对这些噱头并不感兴趣 -住嘴 斯图 |
[35:36] | Would you excuse us, please? | 我们走开一下 |
[35:40] | Lynette, you’re drunk. | 勒奈特 你醉了 |
[35:42] | Yeah, that’s immaterial. | 那不重要 |
[35:44] | What do you think of the coupons? | 你觉得优惠券怎么样 |
[35:46] | Lynette, I am really not able to deal with that right now. | 勒奈特 我现在不想讨论这个 |
[35:49] | Oh. I know. | 我知道 |
[35:51] | You’ve got your book and your big fancy award, | 你出了书 还得了奖 |
[35:54] | And I’m just a housewife. | 我只是个家庭主妇 |
[35:56] | I never said that. | 我没这么想 |
[35:57] | You know, when I had a high-powered career, and you | 当我叱咤风云 |
[36:01] | were just a housewife, I never looked down on you. | 而你只是家庭主妇的时候 我没小看过你 |
[36:05] | If you could all please take your seats, | 大家请就座 |
[36:08] | It’s time to present our award. | 颁奖时间到了 |
[36:13] | You need to leave now. | 你现在得走了 |
[36:15] | Fine. and don’t worry. Even though I’d like to | 好 别担心 不管我多想 |
[36:18] | I’m not gonna make some big, ugly scene. | 我都不会闹场的 |
[36:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[36:35] | Hey. I, um, I bought M.J. some stilts, | 我给MJ买了自行车 |
[36:37] | Thought I’d teach him how to use ’em. | 我现在准备教他骑 |
[36:40] | Har har. uh, actually, he’s at Juanita’s watching a dvd. | 事实上 他和胡安妮塔在看DVD |
[36:43] | Do you want me to call him? No. no, it’s cool. | -我去叫他吧 -不 不用了 |
[36:45] | I just wanted to tell him about my new place. | 我只是想告诉他我搬家了 |
[36:49] | You’re moving again? | 你又搬家了 |
[36:50] | How far are you gonna be away now? | 这次搬多远 |
[36:56] | The Hudson house? yeah, she sold it. | -哈德森的房子 -是的 她卖掉了 |
[36:59] | And Edie told me the new owner wants to rent it, | 伊迪说新房东要出租 |
[37:01] | So now I’ll have a fighting chance | 现在我有机会 |
[37:03] | Of being around when m.j. hits his milestones. | 在MJ身边 看着他成长 |
[37:07] | Is this okay with you? | 你没意见吧 |
[37:10] | Yeah. it’s great. | 这太棒了 |
[37:12] | Uh, we’ll be like…One big, happy, divorced family. | 我们就像一个离了婚大家庭 |
[37:18] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[37:20] | It’s a little weird. | 有点奇怪 |
[37:22] | I–i but, you know, m.j. will be thrilled, and… | 但是MJ会很开心 |
[37:26] | Yeah, I’m fine with it. | 所以我也没问题 |
[37:28] | Good. | 好 |
[37:30] | So, um…I’ll see you around, neighbor. | 那么 回头见 邻居 |
[37:41] | I still think it’s strange | 我还是觉得很奇怪 |
[37:42] | You won’t let me tell Mike that we’re the new owners. | 为什么不告诉迈克 我们是新房东 |
[37:44] | Well, the man’s got a lot of pride. | 他是个自尊心很强的人 |
[37:47] | I want him to feel like I’m his neighbor, not his landlord. | 我想让他把我当成邻居 而不是房东 |
[37:50] | Landlord? hell, with the rent we’re charging him, | 房东 见鬼 那么点房租 |
[37:52] | You’re his fairy godmother. | 你简直就是他的神仙教母 |
[37:54] | All right, consider it an investment in good karma. | 你可以想想好人有好报 |
[37:56] | Screw karma. | 见它的鬼去 |
[37:58] | I finally do something nice in this neighborhood, | 我好不容易做了件好事 |
[38:00] | N’t even brag about it? | 却不能告诉别人 |
[38:03] | The man who is silent in his good deeds | 做了好事而不张扬的人 |
[38:06] | Is the man who reaps the greatest reward. | 才是最大的赢家 |
[38:15] | -Hey. -Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[38:20] | So…Give me some guidance. | 给我点提示 |
[38:23] | Do I grovel, send flowers, or…Just move? | 我要不要跪下 送花 还是该搬家 |
[38:28] | I’m not angry with you. | 我没有生你的气 |
[38:30] | I’m just sorry that you felt so– | 我只是很抱歉让你 |
[38:32] | Drunk? jealous? | 喝醉 妒忌 |
[38:34] | You have nothing to be jealous of. | 我没什么值得你妒忌的 |
[38:37] | Don’t give me that. | 别这么说 |
[38:39] | You are having the kind of success | 你目前的成功 |
[38:41] | I only dreamed of back in my ad days. | 是我做广告的时候梦寐以求的 |
[38:43] | But that doesn’t mean I look down on you. | 但这不代表我小看你 |
[38:45] | No. but watching you, I look down on me. | 不 但你的成功 让我自形惭愧 |
[38:51] | When I held your book in my hands, | 当我拿着你的书 |
[38:54] | I felt so jealous my stomach hurt. | 我妒忌到胃绞痛 |
[38:57] | And I thought, if I could just hitch a ride, | 然后我就想 如果我能搭下顺风车 |
[39:01] | Have a piece of it, | 分享一下成功 |
[39:03] | I wouldn’t feel so bad about your success. | 也许我就不会那么妒忌 |
[39:07] | For god sakes, Lynette, stop calling me a success. | 看在上帝的份上 勒奈特 别再说我成功 |
[39:09] | There’s nothing successful about me. | 我根本就一事无成 |
[39:15] | My friends think I’m gonna drop them, | 我的朋友觉怀疑我抛弃她们 |
[39:17] | My partner resents me, | 我的搭档嘲笑我 |
[39:19] | And my husband… | 我的丈夫 |
[39:23] | Has moved into the guest bedroom. | 已搬去客房睡了 |
[39:29] | Everything I gain comes at some horrible price, | 成功的代价太沉重了 |
[39:32] | And I’m starting to wonder if any of it’s even worth it. | 我甚至想 是不是值得 |
[39:35] | It is. | 当然值得 |
[39:40] | You’re at the start of an incredible journey, | 你正踏上这不可思议的旅程 |
[39:43] | And I am going to be there every step of the way, | 我会一直在沿途 |
[39:46] | Cheering you on, | 帮你打气加油 |
[39:48] | Telling anyone who will listen | 告诉每一个人 |
[39:50] | That the Bree Van De Kamp is my friend. | 那个布里・范德坎普是我的朋友 |
[39:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:57] | And the rest of the stuff… | 至于其他的事情 |
[40:01] | You’ll find a way to fix it. | 会有办法解决的 |
[40:03] | Just know that all your friends are very proud of you. | 要知道你所有的朋友都以你为傲 |
[40:11] | Bitterly jealous, but proud. | 一点点妒忌 但是更骄傲 |
[40:25] | If you look closely into the faces of thouse around you | 如果你细心地观察 周围朋友的面孔 |
[40:29] | You will catch a glimpse | 你会看到她们 |
[40:31] | Of a certain green-eyed monster. | 内心深处的红眼之魔 |
[40:39] | And then you’ll see they envy your career… | 妒忌你的事业 |
[40:48] | Your love life… | 你的爱情 |
[40:57] | The time you spend with their child… | 你和他们的孩子共度的时光 |
[41:07] | How do you deal with such jealousy? | 如何应付这些妒忌 |
[41:16] | There are many ways. | 有许多的方式 |
[41:21] | But the best… | 但最好的 |
[41:23] | Is to simply share what you have. | 就是分享你的成功 |
[41:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:37] | Promise me you’ll never leave our bed again. | 答应我 别再到别的地方去睡了 |
[41:41] | I promise… | 我答应你 |
[41:44] | Partner. | 搭档 |