时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:22] | That’s it! I win. | 好了 我赢了 |
[00:22] | 父女二人在玩抽王八 美式名曰抽老姑娘 | |
[00:23] | – Old maid, you’re the old maid. – I suppose I am. | -老姑娘 你是老姑娘 -我确实是 |
[00:26] | Poor Dad. Just an old spinster. | 可怜的爸爸 就是个老处女 |
[00:28] | Lonely me, lonely me. | 孤独寂寞的我啊 |
[00:31] | It’s your own fault, you know? | 都是你自己的错 |
[00:32] | There were plenty of men who wanted to marry you, | 那么多男人想要娶你 |
[00:34] | but you said no to them all. | 你都全部拒绝了 |
[00:36] | I did. | 没错 |
[00:36] | You know, I think I’d rather be a spinster than a wife. | 我宁愿做老处女也不嫁人 |
[00:40] | Really? | 是吗 |
[00:42] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[00:43] | I think a spinster has more independence. | 我觉得不嫁人有更多自主权 |
[00:50] | Edward, don’t encourage her. | 爱德华 你别怂恿她 |
[01:11] | I’m saying it implicates us, | 也会牵连我们的 |
[01:13] | makes us a part of their disgusting system. | 把我们纳入到他们丑恶的体系中 |
[01:15] | I completely agree with you that it’s disgusting. | 我完全同意”丑恶”的说法 |
[01:19] | But what can we do? | 但我们又能如何 |
[01:20] | We can’t have two separate countries | 总不能分裂成两个国家 |
[01:21] | with two separate systems of law. | 实行两套法律系统吧 |
[01:23] | Of course not. That’s why they need to wake up and make it illegal. | 当然不行 所以他们应该清醒并禁止这种行为 |
[01:27] | What are you talking about? | 你们在聊什么 |
[01:28] | Another fugitive. | 又有奴隶逃跑 |
[01:29] | Some southern fat cat, who probably owns 200 slaves, | 南方有个阔佬大概拥有200个奴隶 |
[01:33] | loses one and claims he’s somewhere in Amherst. | 丢了一个奴隶 硬说他在阿默斯特镇 |
[01:35] | And if any of us happens to see the poor fellow | 我们要是碰巧遇见这可怜家伙 |
[01:38] | and don’t hunt him down and turn him over, | 却不追捕并移送他回去的话 |
[01:40] | then we get slapped with a fine. | 就要罚我们款 |
[01:41] | Or sent to prison. | 或者送我们入牢 |
[01:42] | They call that a compromise? | 这也叫让步 |
[01:44] | I won’t do it. | 我不会干的 |
[01:46] | Good for you. It’s horrible. | 做得对 这太过分了 |
[01:47] | We should be helping slaves escape. | 我们应该帮助奴隶脱身 |
[01:49] | Not catching them and sending them back. | 而不是把他们抓回去 |
[01:51] | That’s absolutely right. | 完全正确 |
[01:53] | Don’t you agree, Dad? | 你不同意吗 爸爸 |
[01:55] | Unfortunately, our southern brethren | 不幸的是 我们的南方同仁 |
[01:57] | have organized their society around it. | 已经建立了完善的社会体系 |
[01:59] | So we need to have a certain amount of respect for their rules. | 所以我们要尊重他们的规则 |
[02:01] | That’s the point I was making. | 我也是这个意思 |
[02:04] | Gross. You were? | 恶心 真的吗 |
[02:06] | I always thought you were more of a radical, George. | 我一直以为你是激进派 乔治 |
[02:08] | Look, I have relatives in the south. And they’re not bad people. | 我有亲戚在南方 他们也不是坏人 |
[02:12] | – They’re just… – Stupid? | -他们只是… -愚蠢吗 |
[02:13] | – Backwards? – Old-fashioned. | -封建吗 -保守 |
[02:15] | And what am I supposed to do? Just not talk to them anymore? | 我能怎么办呢 和他们断绝来往吗 |
[02:18] | No, you should talk to them. | 不 你应该和他们来往 |
[02:19] | Talk to them about how their way of life is an abomination. | 指出他们的生活方式多令人作呕 |
[02:22] | Okay. Well, that’ll make for a nice Thanksgiving dinner. | 好啊 这倒是感恩节晚餐好话题 |
[02:25] | All right. Good luck figuring all this out today. | 祝愿你们今天能辩出结果 |
[02:31] | Mr. Dickinson… | 狄金森先生 |
[02:33] | there’s something I wanted to talk to you about. | 我有事想找您谈 |
[02:36] | – What? – Fundraising stuff. | -什么 -筹款的事 |
[02:37] | – Well, what kind of fundraising? – For the new chapel. | -筹什么款 -给新教堂的 |
[02:40] | I can get into all the details… | 我跟您说下细节 |
[02:43] | in private. | 私下说 |
[02:45] | All right. My office. | 好吧 进办公室 |
[02:47] | George, don’t forget, we have Shakespeare Club this afternoon. | 乔治 别忘了下午的莎士比亚读书会 |
[02:50] | I know. Brought my copy of the collected plays, ready to go. | 知道 剧集我带着呢 准备好了 |
[02:53] | And we can’t spend the whole time | 不要再像之前浪费时间 |
[02:55] | fighting over which play to read like we usually do. | 争吵应该读哪部剧了 |
[02:57] | I’m not the one who starts those fights. | 又不是我挑起的 |
[02:59] | Because you always wanna do Hamlet. | 你总想读《哈姆雷特》 |
[03:01] | – Who doesn’t wanna read Hamlet? – Me. | -谁不想读《哈姆雷特》啊 -我 |
[03:06] | Did Maggie get back from the post office yet? | 玛吉从邮局回来了吗 |
[03:09] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[03:10] | Was there any mail? | 有信吗 |
[03:13] | – Maggie? – Maggie? | -玛吉 -玛吉 |
[03:20] | – Maggie, you’re back. – Did you miss me, dearies? | -玛吉 你回来了 -想我了吗 孩子们 |
[03:22] | – Terribly. Was there any mail? – Yes, was there any mail for me? | -非常想 有信吗 -想 有我的信吗 |
[03:25] | No mail for either of ya. | 你们都没信 |
[03:29] | Miss Sue ain’t much of a correspondent. | 苏小姐不太喜欢通信呢 |
[03:32] | She still hasn’t written to me once. | 她一次信都没给我写过 |
[03:34] | She’s written to me, though. | 不过她给我写了哦 |
[03:36] | Twice. | 两封 |
[03:37] | Twice isn’t that impressive. | 两封也没那么了不起 |
[03:39] | Look at the green-eyed monster over here. | 看看这位绿眼怪物[嫉妒] |
[03:42] | – Jealous? – “Green-eyed monster…” | -嫉妒吗 -“绿眼怪物” |
[03:46] | I know what play we should read today. | 我知道今天读哪部剧了 |
[03:48] | Othello. | 《奥赛罗》 |
[03:49] | Why don’t you ever wanna read Hamlet? | 你怎么就是不想读《哈姆雷特》啊 |
[03:51] | Come on, Othello is so much juicier. | 拜托 《奥赛罗》刺激多了 |
[03:54] | “O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; | “主啊 要留意嫉妒之心 |
[03:56] | It is the green-eyed monster | 它可是绿眼怪物 |
[03:57] | which doth mock the meat it feeds on.” | 嘲弄爪下的血肉” |
[04:00] | Meat! Consarn it. I was supposed to pick up a ham. | 肉 糟了 我忘了买火腿 |
[04:06] | This isn’t about fundraising, is it? | 不是筹款的事 对吧 |
[04:08] | No, sir, it’s not. | 对的 先生 不是 |
[04:11] | It’s much more important than that. | 比筹款重要多了 |
[04:14] | Well, out with it. | 快说吧 |
[04:17] | Well, as you probably guessed… | 您应该猜到了 |
[04:20] | I’m here to ask for Emily’s hand in marriage. | 我是来请求娶艾米莉为妻的 |
[04:24] | All right. I see. | 好吧 明白了 |
[04:28] | Mr. Dickinson, | 狄金森先生 |
[04:30] | I love your daughter. | 我爱您的女儿 |
[04:31] | She is the most brilliant girl in all New England. | 她是整个新英格兰最有才的女孩 |
[04:35] | And nothing could make me happier than to have her as my bride. | 娶她为妻是我毕生的荣幸 |
[04:39] | And you and Emily have discussed this? | 你和艾米莉讨论过婚事了吗 |
[04:42] | Well, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[04:44] | Well, I mean, she never actually said yes. | 她没口头答应过 |
[04:48] | We communicate on pheromones, pretty much. | 我们几乎靠激素交流 |
[04:50] | But I think she likes me. | 但我觉得她喜欢我的 |
[04:52] | And I know I’d be a great husband for her. | 我会是个优秀的丈夫 |
[04:56] | I’m gonna become a professor. | 我会当上教授 |
[04:58] | We’ll have a happy life together, we’ll have children, | 我们会过得很幸福 结婚生子 |
[05:01] | and I’ll always keep her safe. | 我会永远保护她 |
[05:03] | A professor, you say? | 你说教授吗 |
[05:06] | – What department? – The English department, sir. | -哪个系 -英语系 先生 |
[05:08] | I’m quite devoted to the English language. | 我对英语颇有研究 |
[05:15] | Were you the one who published her poem? | 是你发表的她的诗吗 |
[05:18] | Aren’t you? | 对不对 |
[05:22] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[05:26] | I wanted to make her happy. | 我希望她开心 |
[05:27] | But, from what I’ve seen, | 但在我看来 |
[05:29] | you only seem to encourage her wildest impulses. | 你倒是助长了她的任性 |
[05:38] | A father worries, you know? | 做父亲的有顾虑 懂吗 |
[05:48] | Morning, Maggie. | 早啊 玛吉 |
[05:50] | Henry, you finished raking those leaves already. | 亨利 你扫完叶子了啊 |
[05:53] | Well, you can never really finish raking leaves. | 叶子是不可能扫得完的 |
[05:55] | – Why’s that? – Because God made too many of them. | -为什么 -因为上帝创造太多树叶了 |
[05:58] | Exactly right. | 没错 |
[06:00] | Well, then I suppose you can go to the blacksmith’s now | 那你去趟铁匠铺吧 |
[06:03] | to collect the horseshoes. | 把马蹄铁拿回来 |
[06:04] | The thing is, the blacksmith, he’s on Main Street, | 问题是 铁匠铺在主街 |
[06:07] | right in the middle of town. | 就在市中心 |
[06:08] | That’s right. | 对啊 |
[06:09] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[06:11] | Well, see, I’ve been trying | 我这段时间 |
[06:12] | to keep myself away from town for a while. | 都在尽量避免出现在镇上 |
[06:14] | Henry, did you get yourself in trouble with a woman? | 亨利 你是招惹到哪个女人了吗 |
[06:17] | He can’t go into town because of the fugitive. | 他不能去是因为在抓逃亡的奴隶 |
[06:20] | – Right, Henry? – I’m afraid so. | -对吧 亨利 -恐怕是的 |
[06:22] | Those thugs are dangerous. | 那些暴徒太危险了 |
[06:24] | They could try to kidnap you. I wouldn’t put it past them. | 说不定 他们还会绑架你 |
[06:26] | But you’re a free man, aren’t you? | 但你现在是自由身啊 |
[06:28] | You got your papers and everything. | 你有证明就够了吧 |
[06:29] | Papers don’t mean much to these folk. | 证明对他们来说不算什么 |
[06:31] | There’s a big reward, you know? And papers can be torn up. | 抓到就能得到丰厚的报酬 而且证明也可被撕毁 |
[06:34] | It’s ridiculous. And they say that we don’t respect the law. | 这太荒唐了 而且还反咬我们不遵守法律 |
[06:37] | It’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[06:38] | They break families apart, they tear children away from their mothers. | 他们拆散家庭 让他们妻离子散 |
[06:41] | Is there anything you need around the house? | 你有什么需要我帮忙的吗 |
[06:44] | I could do something like that today | 我今天可以在家里帮忙 |
[06:46] | and go over to the blacksmith’s tomorrow. | 明天再去铁匠那里 |
[06:48] | I’ll go to the blacksmith’s. | 我去铁匠那 |
[06:49] | No, you don’t have to do that. | 不 你不必去的 |
[06:51] | I don’t mind at all. You stay right here. | 我不介意 你就待在家 |
[06:53] | Be back in time for Shakespeare Club. | 记得准时回来参加莎士比亚读书会 |
[06:55] | “Exit, pursued by a bear.” | “快逃 后面有熊追我” |
[06:57] | – Sorry to cause all this fuss. – Don’t worry about it. | -抱歉麻烦你们了 -不必担心 |
[06:59] | I’m sure there are chores to do around the house. | 我相信家里肯定有活干 |
[07:01] | There are always chores. | 家务活总会有的哦 |
[07:03] | Well, the piano needs tuning. | 对了 钢琴需要调音了 |
[07:06] | – But I don’t suppose you could do that… – I can. | -但估计你调不来 -我可以 |
[07:09] | I’ve tuned it before. | 我之前调过 |
[07:10] | Have you, now? | 你调过 |
[07:11] | – Henry is a musician. – Really? | -亨利是个音乐家 -真的吗 |
[07:13] | Yes. He’s a man of many talents. | 嗯呢 他会的可多了 |
[07:16] | But you might say pianos are… my forte. | 可以说钢琴是我的专长[西班牙语] |
[07:20] | That’s a good one. | 说得不错嘛 |
[07:23] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[07:25] | Henry, have you ever done any acting? | 亨利 你之前演过戏吗 |
[07:28] | Not that I can recall. | 印象中没有 |
[07:29] | Well, this could be your big chance. | 很好 这会是你的大好机会 |
[07:31] | We’re reading Shakespeare today. | 我们今天要读莎士比亚 |
[07:33] | Othello. You could play the lead. | 《奥赛罗》 你可以主演 |
[07:35] | I don’t think so. | 算了吧 |
[07:36] | But you’d be so perfect. | 但你是完美人选 |
[07:38] | And you love Shakespeare, | 而且你也爱莎士比亚 |
[07:39] | I know you do. | 我知道你爱 |
[07:40] | Miss Emily, do you really think your father would approve? | 艾米莉小姐 你觉得你父亲会支持吗 |
[07:43] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[07:43] | my father is very progressive when it comes to Shakespeare. | 我父亲很支持读莎士比亚 |
[07:46] | It may surprise you, | 也许会让你诧异 |
[07:47] | but he even approves of women reading parts. | 他甚至会支持女性扮演其中的角色 |
[07:50] | And the plays are so much better | 当你找到真正匹配角色的演员 |
[07:52] | when you can actually cast the parts as they’re meant to be played. | 这部戏剧就是天作之合 |
[07:55] | If you don’t mind, | 你不介意的话 |
[07:56] | I think we’d better not. | 还是别这样做了 |
[08:28] | Your mail, Susan. | 你的信 苏珊 |
[08:31] | Thank you, Mr. Keillor. | 谢谢 凯勒尔先生 |
[08:33] | How many times must I tell you? | 跟你说了多少次 |
[08:35] | Call me James. | 叫我詹姆斯 |
[08:38] | You do get a lot of letters. | 你的信可真多 |
[08:46] | the children are sleeping? | 孩子们睡着了吗 |
[08:49] | That’s a nice break for you. | 那你可以好好休息了 |
[08:56] | Well, let me know if… you need anything. | 有什么需要尽管说 |
[09:49] | 来自奥斯汀·狄金森 马萨诸塞州阿默斯特镇 | |
[10:07] | 来自艾米莉·狄金森 马萨诸塞州阿默斯特镇 请轻轻打开我 | |
[10:42] | Okay, everybody, | 好了 各位 |
[10:43] | today we are going to read Othello. | 今天我们要读《奥赛罗》 |
[10:48] | Wait. I thought we were doing Taming of the Shrew. | 什么 我以为要读《驯悍记》 |
[10:50] | Come on, Taming of the Shrew? | 拜托 《驯悍记》 |
[10:52] | That’s just a dumb story about a girl who wants to get married | 只不过是一个女孩想结婚 |
[10:54] | but has to wait till her sister gets married off first. | 但必须要等到她姐姐先嫁人的蠢故事 |
[10:56] | It’s not even interesting. | 一点都没意思 |
[10:57] | Yeah, who could possibly relate to that? | 是啊 哪有人现实也是这样啊 |
[10:59] | Let’s not waste time on comedies. | 不要浪费时间在喜剧上了 |
[11:02] | Tragedy, my friends. | 看看悲剧 我的朋友们 |
[11:03] | We must confront life’s darkness. | 我们必须直面生活的阴暗 |
[11:07] | We must stare into the abyss. | 凝视深渊 |
[11:09] | Abyss. | 深渊 |
[11:11] | Are you sure your father will approve? | 你确定你父亲会支持吗 |
[11:13] | What? | 什么 |
[11:15] | Why are you bringing him up? | 你为什么要提起他 |
[11:16] | It’s just that I’ve read Othello, | 因为我之前读过《奥赛罗》 |
[11:18] | and parts of it are kind of inappropriate. | 有些部分不太适合 |
[11:20] | There’s nothing inappropriate about Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚怎么会有不合适之处呢 |
[11:23] | And my father says I can read any play I want. | 并且我父亲说我可以读我想读的戏剧 |
[11:26] | He has problems with other books, | 也许别的书我不赞成 |
[11:27] | but not Shakespeare. | 但莎士比亚完全可以 |
[11:28] | At the very least, maybe Austin and I | 至少 奥斯汀和我 |
[11:31] | could go through the script beforehand | 可以提前读一下剧本 |
[11:33] | and cross out anything that might be controversial. | 然后删掉某些有争议的部分 |
[11:35] | Great, | 好极了 |
[11:36] | that way we can pay extra attention to those parts. | 那样我们会更关注删掉的部分 |
[11:40] | Who put the stick up your ass today, George? | 你干嘛一直扫大家的兴致 乔治 |
[11:42] | I’m just trying to be responsible. | 我只是想负责一点 |
[11:44] | Not everyone agrees that Shakespeare is suitable for… | 并不是所有人都同意莎士比亚适合给… |
[11:46] | For who? | 给谁 |
[11:48] | For… | 给… |
[11:50] | young ladies. | 年轻小姐看 |
[11:52] | George, you are being so lame. | 乔治 你好逊诶 |
[11:55] | This is my Shakespeare Club, | 这是我的莎士比亚读书会 |
[11:57] | and I say we’re doing Othello. | 我就要读《奥赛罗》 |
[11:59] | Let’s let Austin decide. | 让奥斯汀决定吧 |
[12:00] | – I’m fine with Othello. – Great. | -我同意《奥赛罗》 -很好 |
[12:02] | As long as I can pick my own part. | 只要我能自己能选角色 |
[12:04] | You wanna play the lead? | 你想当主演吗 |
[12:05] | No. | 不 |
[12:06] | I wanna play Desdemona. | 我想演苔丝狄蒙娜 |
[12:09] | That’s a woman’s part. | 那是女人的角色 |
[12:11] | A character, to me, | 对我来说 扮演一个角色 |
[12:13] | is a soul. | 就要演出她的灵魂 |
[12:14] | And the soul of Desdemona is one that I relate to deeply. | 我与苔丝狄蒙娜的灵魂是息息相通的 |
[12:18] | Her love for Othello is so… true. | 她对奥赛罗的爱是那么真挚 |
[12:21] | So pure. | 那么纯洁 |
[12:24] | Just like my love for Sue. | 就像我对苏的爱 |
[12:25] | – God. – I thought Emily should be Desdemona. | -老天 -我觉得艾米莉应该演苔丝狄蒙娜 |
[12:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:29] | She’s just… | 因为她是 |
[12:31] | A fair maiden. | 一位淑女 |
[12:32] | Then I should do it. | 那该由我演 |
[12:33] | Sorry, called it. | 抱歉 我先预定了 |
[12:35] | Emily, last week you said | 艾米莉 你上周说 |
[12:36] | only women should play the women’s parts. | 只有女人才能扮演女性角色 |
[12:38] | You said we had to make up for all the years | 你说女性化妆了这么多年 |
[12:40] | where women were forbidden from being onstage. | 然而却被禁止上台展示我们的魅力 |
[12:43] | You made a whole long speech about it. | 你当时可是发表了一篇长篇大论 |
[12:46] | If Austin feels a true respect for the character, | 如果奥斯汀真的敬重这个角色 |
[12:50] | then he can do it. | 那他可以演 |
[12:52] | Besides, I don’t wanna be Desdemona. | 而且 我也不想演苔丝狄蒙娜 |
[12:55] | I’m playing lago. | 我要演亚戈 |
[12:56] | The villain? | 那个反派 |
[12:57] | He’s also, kind of, the star. | 他也是核心主角哦 |
[12:59] | Okay! | 好的 |
[13:00] | Reading starts in ten minutes. | 十分钟后开始 |
[13:02] | And, ladies… | 另外 女士们 |
[13:03] | one of you needs to lend me a dress. | 你们谁借我一条裙子 |
[13:05] | *I wanna be famous* | *我想出人头地* |
[13:06] | *Bright lights, tabloid’s being* | *聚光灯的焦点 八卦杂志的主角* |
[13:09] | *I wanna be famous* | *我想出人头地* |
[13:10] | *Don’t know my name, know my face, want to be seen* | *名字家喻户晓 面孔世人熟悉* |
[13:13] | *I wanna be famous* | *我想出人头地* |
[13:14] | *Do all it takes, to live that dream.* | *为了梦想 在所不惜* |
[13:17] | *I wanna be famous, famous, famous, famous* | *我想出人头地* |
[13:29] | *You see, I’ve got a wishlist ten feet long.* | *我的愿望清单十米长* |
[13:33] | *It starts with the rapper writing my song* | *饶舌歌手写词 我来唱* |
[13:37] | *Look twelve every diamond who hang off my hand* | *看我手上的钻石 熠熠发光* |
[13:41] | *And a private jet to perry.* | *看我的私人飞机 空中翱翔* |
[13:45] | *I wanna be famous* | *我想出人头地* |
[13:46] | *Bright lights, tabloid’s being* | *聚光灯的焦点 八卦杂志的主角* |
[13:49] | *I wanna be famous* | *我想出人头地* |
[13:50] | *Don’t know my name, know my face, want to be seen* | *名字家喻户晓 面孔世人熟悉* |
[13:51] | Okay, so, in this scene, | 在这一场戏里 |
[13:53] | lago and Rodrigo have come to tell Brabantio | 亚戈和罗德利果来告诉布拉班修 |
[13:56] | that his daughter, Desdemona… | 他的女儿 苔丝狄蒙娜 |
[14:01] | have eloped with the Moor, Othello. | 和摩尔族人奥赛罗 私奔了 |
[14:03] | I would never elope. | 我肯定不会私奔的 |
[14:05] | I want a big wedding. | 我想要场盛大的婚礼 |
[14:07] | Right, let’s just read. | 咱们就 开始吧 |
[14:09] | Here, I’m lago. | 我是亚戈 |
[14:11] | “Awake! “ | “醒醒” |
[14:12] | “What, ho, Brabantio!” | “布拉班修” |
[14:14] | “Thieves! Thieves! Thieves!” | “有贼 有贼 有贼” |
[14:15] | “Look to your house, your daughter and your bags!” | “当心汝之房舍 汝之女儿 汝之钱袋” |
[14:18] | “Thieves! Thieves!” | “有贼 有贼” |
[14:20] | Brabantio appears above, at a window.” | 布拉班修出现在窗户旁 |
[14:23] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[14:26] | You’re Brabantio. | 你是布拉班修 |
[14:27] | What? | 什么 |
[14:30] | Hang on. | 等下 |
[14:32] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[14:34] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[14:38] | “Yo, what is the reason of this terrible summons?” | “这般惊扰是为何” |
[14:42] | What is the matter here?” | “何事喧哗不舍” |
[14:45] | “Signior, is all your family within?” | “大人家室可在屋中” |
[14:48] | “Are your doors locked?” | “屋门是否紧闭” |
[14:50] | “Why, wherefore ask you this?” | “敢问何出此言” |
[14:52] | “‘Zounds, sir, “ | “唉 先生” |
[14:53] | “‘you’re robbed for shame.” | “您的名声已被摧毁” |
[14:55] | “Your heart is burst,” | “您的心已支离破碎” |
[14:56] | “you have lost half your soul;” | “您的灵魂已半去不归” |
[14:58] | “Even now, now, very now,” | “甚至在现在 现在这一刻” |
[15:01] | “An old black ram is tupping your white ewe.” | “一头老黑羊正在和您的小白羊交尾” |
[15:05] | See, that’s inappropriate. | 看 这就不合适 |
[15:06] | It’s straight-up gross. | 彻头彻尾的粗俗 |
[15:07] | Shakespeare nasty. | 莎士比亚挺会玩啊 |
[15:08] | Joseph, read. | 约瑟夫 读台词 |
[15:10] | Yeah. | 好 |
[15:11] | “What profane wretch art thou?” | “汝为何方粗人” |
[15:14] | “I am one, sir, | “我 先生” |
[15:16] | “that comes to tell you your daughter and the Moor” | “只想来告诉您 您的女儿和那个摩尔” |
[15:19] | are making the beast with two backs.” | “融为一体 似一具有两条脊背的野兽” |
[15:32] | Wait. What does that even mean? | 等下 这什么意思 |
[15:34] | I’ll explain it to you later. | 等下我跟你解释 |
[15:36] | No, | 不 |
[15:37] | you don’t have to. | 不用麻烦你了 |
[15:41] | Why are you being so cold? | 你怎么这么冷漠 |
[15:43] | You’re the one who ignored me | 我在镇上碰到你和那个女孩 |
[15:44] | when I saw you in town with that girl. | 你还对我爱理不理的 |
[15:46] | – What girl? – Eliza Coleman. | -什么女孩 -伊莉莎·科尔曼 |
[15:48] | Oh, no, nothing’s going on there. | 我俩没什么 |
[15:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:52] | I’m not making any beast with Eliza, | 我反正没和她”组成一具野兽” |
[15:54] | I’ll tell you that. | 这我能告诉你 |
[15:55] | We really should have done a different play. | 我们真应该选别的剧 |
[15:58] | Here you go, some treats for the traveling band of players. | 来 给辛苦的演员们送点吃的 |
[16:01] | Thank you, Maggie. | 谢谢你 玛吉 |
[16:05] | What a lovely gown you have, Austin. | 你的裙子真好看 奥斯汀 |
[16:11] | I’m sorry, but, just as a general thing, | 对不起 大家能不能 |
[16:13] | while I’m in costume, | 在我着戏服的时候 |
[16:14] | can everyone please call me by my character’s name? | 都用我的角色名来称呼我 |
[16:17] | It’s kind of crucial to my process. | 这对我入戏很重要 |
[16:24] | I noticed that George asked to speak with you alone this morning. | 我注意到乔治今早和你单独谈话了 |
[16:28] | That’s very observant of you, Mrs. Dickinson. | 您真是明察秋毫啊 狄金森夫人 |
[16:32] | Well, | 那 |
[16:34] | what was he asking about? | 他想问你什么 |
[16:36] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[16:37] | He proposed. | 他求婚了 |
[16:39] | – He did? – Damn it. You nicked me! | -真的吗 -该死 你扎到我了 |
[16:41] | I apologize, Edward. | 对不起 爱德华 |
[16:44] | But, my goodness. | 但我的天 |
[16:46] | This is exciting. | 这也太激动了 |
[16:47] | Is it? | 真的吗 |
[16:49] | You said yes, didn’t you? | 你答应了 对吧 |
[16:50] | I told him I’d think about it. | 我告诉他我考虑一下 |
[16:53] | What is there to think about? | 有什么要考虑的 |
[16:56] | He’s an ideal husband. | 他是理想的丈夫 |
[16:58] | And it’s not as if there are so many others clamoring for her. | 而且说得好像她的追求者有多少似的 |
[17:01] | Calm your feathers, woman. | 冷静点 女人 |
[17:03] | I haven’t made my decision yet. | 我还没决定 |
[17:04] | There is no decision to make, Edward. You just let him have her. | 没什么可决定的 爱德华 你把她许给他就行了 |
[17:07] | It’s not up to you. | 这不是你能决定的 |
[17:12] | You’ll never let her go, will you? | 你永远不肯撒开她 对吧 |
[17:15] | What? | 什么 |
[17:16] | It’s like you wanna marry her yourself. | 就好像你恨不得能亲自娶了她 |
[17:29] | “O my fair warrior!” | “我娇美的女士” |
[17:32] | “My dear Othello!” | “我亲爱的奥赛罗” |
[17:34] | “It gives me wonder great as my content.” | “看到你比我先到达了此地” |
[17:38] | “To see you here before me.” | “我如此的惊讶 好似我的欢喜” |
[17:40] | “O my soul’s joy!” | “啊我心爱的人” |
[17:43] | “If after every tempest come such calms,” | “如果每一次风雨后都有如此和煦的阳光” |
[17:47] | “May the winds blow till they have waken’d death!” | “那就让狂风吹醒所有的死亡” |
[17:56] | Whoa. Dude is going for it. | 兄弟很投入嘛 |
[17:58] | Excuse me. He is my wife. | 对不起 他可是我的妻子 |
[18:00] | Does there really need to be that much kissing? | 真的需要这么多的吻戏吗 |
[18:02] | Says right here he kisses her. | 黑纸白字写着呢 他吻她 |
[18:05] | I feel like we’re somehow missing the essence here. | 我感觉我们缺点精髓 |
[18:12] | Can you be more specific? | 你能详细点说吗 |
[18:14] | It just… it doesn’t make sense, you in the part. | 就是你演这个角色很出戏 |
[18:18] | And aside from everything else, Othello is black. | 而且别的先不提 奥赛罗是个黑人 |
[18:22] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[18:23] | “摩尔人”古希腊语里即为”黑人”之意 在莎士比亚著作即为黑人之意 | |
[18:23] | He’s black. Othello. The Moor. | 他是黑人 奥赛罗 摩尔人 |
[18:26] | – The main character? – Yes, Jane. | -那个主角 -是的 简 |
[18:29] | Othello. He’s black. | 奥赛罗 他是黑的 |
[18:31] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[18:32] | What? You can’t disagree. It’s a fact. | 什么 你不能不同意 这是事实 |
[18:36] | Like… what? | 什 什么 |
[18:39] | Have you been… have you been paying any attention at all? | 你真的有 有好好看书吗 |
[18:44] | No. | 没有 |
[18:45] | Okay, instead of noting me to death, | 好了 别死死计较我的角色了 |
[18:46] | could you just read your next line? | 继续读下一句好吗 |
[18:48] | I’m sorry, I just can’t do this scene | 对不起 我演不下去了 |
[18:50] | when I’m so distracted | 我根本没法专心演 |
[18:52] | by how wrong you are for the part. | 你完全不适合这个角色 |
[18:54] | You know what, Emily? | 要我说 艾米莉 |
[18:55] | You are on a total power trip. | 你就是喜欢发号施令 |
[18:58] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[18:59] | I think the only reason you like to do Shakespeare Club | 我觉得你办莎士比亚读书会就是 |
[19:01] | is so you can boss all of us around. | 为了对我们颐指气使 |
[19:03] | – I agree. – Actually… | -我同意 -说实话 |
[19:06] | I do this because | 我办读书会是因为 |
[19:06] | Shakespeare is the greatest poet who ever lived. | 莎士比亚是有史以来最伟大的诗人 |
[19:10] | And you can’t hear his poetry | 如果让不通其意的人 |
[19:11] | when it’s being spoken by people | 来读他的诗作 |
[19:13] | who don’t even listen to the words. | 这要怎么听得下去 |
[19:18] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:21] | Beg your pardon. | 打扰了 |
[19:22] | I just came to tune the piano. | 我只是来给钢琴调音 |
[19:24] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[19:26] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[19:28] | Henry, you couldn’t have shown up at a better time. | 亨利 你来的正是时候 |
[19:30] | You sure? I can come back when you all are finished. | 真的吗 我可以等你们结束再来 |
[19:32] | No. | 不 |
[19:34] | No, forget about the piano. | 不 别管钢琴了 |
[19:37] | We need you to act. | 我们需要你来演 |
[19:38] | I told you I can’t. | 我说了我不行 |
[19:40] | You can. | 你可以的 |
[19:41] | You have to. | 你必须演 |
[19:43] | Because I’m not gonna be able | 因为你不演 |
[19:44] | to really understand this play unless you do. | 我就无法真正理解这部戏剧 |
[19:47] | Besides, it’s a great excuse for you to stay indoors. | 再说 这不是留在家里最好的借口吗 |
[19:53] | – Well, let me take a look. – Okay. | -那我来看看 -好 |
[19:57] | Othello’s monologue. Right there. | 奥赛罗的独白 这段 |
[19:59] | Excuse me, are you giving him my part? | 不好意思 你是把我的角色给了他吗 |
[20:02] | – You can be one of the guards. – She’s out of control. | -你可以演一个侍卫 -这丫头疯了 |
[20:05] | Totally. | 对啊 |
[20:06] | We should have done Merchant of Venice. | 我们就应该演《威尼斯商人》 |
[20:08] | Shouldn’t you give him your hat? | 你不该把帽子给他吗 |
[20:31] | When you’re ready, Henry. | 等你准备好 亨利 |
[20:39] | “To say my wife is fair,” | “有人说吾妻婀娜多姿 |
[20:42] | feeds well, loves company, | 赏心悦目 喜爱交际 |
[20:46] | Is free of speech, sings, plays and dances well; | 能言善道 能歌善舞 |
[20:51] | Where virtue is, these are more virtuous. | 贤惠如她 我唯有更高尚 |
[20:55] | Nor from mine own weak merits will I draw. | 我绝不会因为自己的缺点 |
[20:58] | The smallest fear or doubt of her revolt; | 而害怕或怀疑她会背叛我 |
[21:01] | For she had eyes, and chose me. No, lago; | 她独具慧眼 选择了我 不 亚戈 |
[21:06] | I’ll see before I doubt; | 非亲眼所见 我不会起疑 |
[21:09] | When I doubt, prove; | 我若起疑 我必取证 |
[21:10] | And on the proof, there is no more but this- | 若当真那般 那只能如此 |
[21:13] | “Away at once with love or jealousy!” | “斩断爱或妒” |
[21:21] | That was perfect. | 完美 |
[21:26] | Emily… | 艾米莉 |
[21:29] | I don’t think this is a good idea. | 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[21:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[21:33] | It just… It just isn’t proper. | 这样 这样不合适 |
[21:35] | And I seriously don’t think your father will approve. | 我觉得你肯定父亲不会同意的 |
[21:39] | Why are you so obsessed with my father all of a sudden? | 你为什么突然这么在意我父亲的态度 |
[21:42] | Because we’re in his house | 因为这是他的家 |
[21:44] | and this kind of thing just isn’t done. | 这种事情不合礼仪 |
[21:50] | George, you’re embarrassing me. | 乔治 你这是在给我难堪 |
[21:54] | I’m sorry, but I just know this is wrong. | 对不起 但我知道这是错的 |
[21:57] | Austin, back me up here. | 奥斯汀 你快帮我说说 |
[22:00] | I… | 我 |
[22:03] | I’m not able to discuss this right now. | 我现在没办法说这个 |
[22:06] | – I’m in character. – Come on. | -我现在是苔丝狄蒙娜 -拜托 |
[22:08] | It’s just obvious. | 很明显啊 |
[22:10] | A man of… | 他那种 |
[22:11] | his kind shouldn’t be in here acting with us. | 那种人不应该在这和我们一起读书 |
[22:16] | George, get out of here. | 乔治 你走吧 |
[22:20] | – Excuse me? – I said leave! | -什么 -我说了你走 |
[22:39] | He forgot his book. | 他忘了拿书 |
[22:48] | This Shakespeare Club has too much drama. | 这个莎士比亚读书会太戏剧了 |
[22:53] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[22:57] | How could you do that, George? | 你怎么能那样做 乔治 |
[22:59] | You just ruined everything. | 你毁了一切 |
[23:00] | I was only thinking of you, Emily. | 我只是为你着想 艾米莉 |
[23:02] | It’s a dangerous world, and I’m trying to take care of you. | 世上这么危险 我就是想照顾你 |
[23:04] | I don’t need you to take care of me. | 我不需要你照顾我 |
[23:06] | But I wanna take care of you. | 但我想要照顾你 |
[23:08] | Don’t you get it? That’s why. | 你还不懂吗 所以我 |
[23:10] | Why? “That’s why” What? | 为什么 “所以我”什么 |
[23:12] | That’s why… | 所以我 |
[23:14] | I asked your father this morning | 我今早问你父亲了 |
[23:17] | if I could marry you. | 我能不能娶你 |
[23:21] | – You asked him? – Yes. | -你问了他 -对 |
[23:23] | And he’s thinking about it. | 他在考虑了 |
[23:26] | He’s thinking about it. | 他在考虑吼 |
[23:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:31] | – Emily, I… – Stop. | -艾米莉 我 -别 |
[23:33] | George. Just stop, okay? | 乔治 别说了 好吗 |
[23:35] | But… I love you. | 但… 我爱你 |
[23:39] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不爱 |
[23:41] | You can’t. You don’t even know me. | 怎么会 你都不了解我 |
[23:43] | – Yes, I do. – No, you don’t. | -爱 我爱 -不 你不爱 |
[23:45] | All this time we’ve spent together, | 我们一起相处的这段时间 |
[23:47] | I thought you were listening, | 我还以为你有在听我说话 |
[23:49] | but you weren’t. | 但你没有 |
[23:50] | And how can you say you know me | 你怎么可以说你了解我 |
[23:51] | if you don’t even listen to me? | 你都不听我说话 |
[23:52] | If my voice just doesn’t even register. | 你都不在乎我的想法 |
[23:56] | It’s not up to my father to decide my fate. | 我的命运不由我父亲 |
[23:59] | And it’s not up to you. | 不由你 |
[24:00] | But he has to give permission,doesn’t he? | 但要经过他的同意 不是吗 |
[24:02] | I don’t belong to him, George. | 我不属于他 乔治 |
[24:05] | And I will never belong to you. | 我也不会属于你 |
[24:27] | You let him go. | 你拒绝了他 |
[24:59] | Where is everybody? | 大家人呢 |
[25:01] | They left. | 他们走了 |
[25:06] | I’m sorry, Henry. | 对不起 亨利 |
[25:09] | Figure I’ll just tune the piano. | 我还是就调音吧 |
[25:16] | Life shouldn’t be like this. | 生活不该是这样的 |
[25:24] | What should it be like? | 那应该是怎样 |
[25:28] | You’re sitting here… | 你坐在这 |
[25:31] | eating cakes and reading Shakespeare, | 吃着蛋糕 读着莎翁 |
[25:35] | trying to say this isn’t what life should be like. | 还说生活不该是这样的 |
[25:41] | But your life is easy, Emily Dickinson. | 但你的生活多安逸 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[25:50] | You’ll always have your father to keep you safe. | 你的爸爸会一直保护你 |
[26:08] | “Afraid to own…” | “害怕拥有” |
[27:44] | *If you found the words* | *如果你找到答案* |
[27:48] | *Would you really say them* | *是否愿意说出口* |
[27:55] | *Or silent through the verse* | *还是保持缄默* |
[27:59] | *Will mumble punctuation* | *只是哼唱情绪* |
[28:06] | *Remembering the line, an empty metaphor* | *你铭记那空洞的比喻* |
[28:10] | *That you savor by yourself, your never cure* | *自我咀嚼却无法痊愈* |
[28:16] | *If I forgot the lines* | *如果我忘却言语* |
[28:20] | *Is it easy enough to fake it* | *是否能轻易躲避* |
[28:28] | *Or do you need a moment to memorize* | *你是否需要时间准备* |
[28:33] | *And model it like a curse half disguised* | *再粉饰成别样的滋味* |