时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:22] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[00:24] | Not too good. | 不太好 |
[00:26] | Been in bed almost a week now. | 躺在床上快一周了 |
[00:28] | I suppose if it’s her time, | 如果是她的大限到了 |
[00:30] | then it’s her time. | 那只能随她去 |
[00:32] | The Lord takes who he wants. | 上天自有安排 |
[00:33] | Sure does. | 没错 |
[00:35] | – Maggie, I’ll take that upstairs. – No. I don’t mind. | -玛吉 我来送上楼吧 -不用 我来就行 |
[00:37] | I said I’d take it. | 都说了我来拿 |
[00:39] | Very good, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[01:03] | How is your head? | 头还疼吗 |
[01:05] | Aching. It’s like thunder. | 疼 就像雷声轰鸣 |
[01:14] | Well, I’ve ordered the whole house silent. | 好吧 我已经要求全家保持安静 |
[01:19] | Here. | 给你 |
[01:22] | Please try to eat. | 吃点东西吧 |
[01:28] | There you go. | 真乖 |
[01:36] | So, Dr. Brewster will be here by the early afternoon. | 午后布鲁斯特医生会过来 |
[01:40] | I don’t think that’s necessary. | 我觉得没必要 |
[01:42] | You’re all peaked and ashen. | 看你脸色苍白面容憔悴的 |
[01:47] | I’m not taking any chances. | 我不想冒任何险 |
[01:51] | Get some sleep. | 睡会觉吧 |
[02:30] | *It’s my day, it’s going my way* | *我的时间我做主* |
[02:32] | *Ain’t nothing gonna bring me down* | *没人能让我受苦* |
[02:35] | *One in a million ooo original* | *我是难得的真我* |
[02:38] | *Cause that’s just who I am* | *这就是我的本色* |
[02:42] | *I feel good* | *我欢呼雀跃* |
[02:45] | *I feel good today* | *我纵情高歌* |
[02:50] | *Yeah, I feel…* | *我好快乐…* |
[02:53] | Damn. | 该死 |
[03:08] | Mrs. Boltwood’s cousin just passed from yellow fever. | 波尔特伍德夫人的堂兄就是因为黄热病去世的 |
[03:12] | It’s going around. | 它会蔓延的 |
[03:13] | Emily doesn’t have yellow fever. She has a headache. | 艾米莉没得黄热病 她只是头疼 |
[03:16] | Don’t get yourself all worked up | 先别紧张 |
[03:17] | until the doctor’s had a look at her. | 等医生看完再说 |
[03:20] | Good. He’s here. | 太好了 他来了 |
[03:23] | Who’s here? | 谁来了 |
[03:24] | The doctor isn’t expected until this afternoon. | 医生下午才会来啊 |
[03:26] | It’s not the doctor. | 不是医生 |
[03:27] | It’s the portrait painter, Thomas Elliot Moody. | 是一位肖像画家 托马斯·艾略特·穆迪 |
[03:29] | I’m sitting for him today. | 今天他要画我 |
[03:31] | A painter? Heavens. | 一个画家 我的天 |
[03:33] | Send him away. | 送他离开 |
[03:34] | Mother, no! | 妈妈 不 |
[03:36] | Do you know how long I’ve waited to get a session with him? | 你知道我等了多久才能预约上吗 |
[03:38] | He’s already done all of the girls in Amherst. | 他几乎把全阿默斯特的女孩都画完了 |
[03:40] | He just finished Jane Humphrey’s portrait last week. | 他上周刚给简·汉弗莱画完 |
[03:42] | He makes everyone look so beautiful. | 他把每个人画得都特别漂亮 |
[03:44] | I have to sit for him. | 我必须要让他画 |
[03:46] | He can return another day. | 他可以改日再来 |
[03:49] | – Wha… – When Emily’s health has improved. | -什么 -等艾米莉好起来再说 |
[03:51] | There won’t be another day. | 不会有以后了 |
[03:52] | He sails to Europe next week. | 他下周就去欧洲了 |
[03:56] | Your vanity astonishes me, Lavinia. | 你的虚荣心真是让我惊讶 拉维妮娅 |
[04:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:04] | Your sister is ill. | 你姐姐生病了 |
[04:06] | Which means there are extra chores to be done | 家里有一大堆活要干 |
[04:08] | – and you’ll need to tend to her. – That is not fair. | -你要负责照顾她 -这不公平 |
[04:11] | It’s always about Emily. | 什么都要围着艾米莉转 |
[04:12] | You want me to tend to her so I can get sick too | 你想让我照顾她 然后我也染上病 |
[04:14] | and die without ever having a beautiful portrait painted of me? | 最后我连一幅美丽的画像都没有就死去了 |
[04:17] | It’ll be like I never even existed at all. | 就像我从没存在过一样 |
[04:23] | Should I let him in? | 要放他进来吗 |
[04:25] | He’s got a very assertive knock. | 敲门声很不耐烦啊 |
[04:31] | I shall leave that decision to your conscience. | 你问心无愧就好 |
[04:36] | Okay, so… | 好的 那… |
[04:43] | I’ll do it. | 放他进来吧 |
[04:56] | Consarn it. | 糟了 |
[05:41] | Need some help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[05:44] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[05:45] | My name’s Ben. | 我叫本 |
[05:46] | Where did you come from? | 你从哪冒出来的 |
[05:47] | Worcester. | 伍斯特 |
[05:51] | That’s not what you were asking. | 好吧 这不是你想问的 |
[05:53] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. | 抱歉 我不是故意吓你的 |
[05:56] | I’m Benjamin Newton, your father’s new law clerk. | 我是班杰明·牛顿 你父亲的新法律助理 |
[05:59] | And I’m helping him out until the election. And if he wins… | 我在帮他处理选举事宜 如果他赢了 |
[06:04] | keeping up his office here. | 我就留在这办公了 |
[06:05] | You must be one of his daughters. Lavinia? | 你一定是他女儿吧 拉维妮娅吗 |
[06:09] | Emily. | 艾米莉 |
[06:10] | Your father said you’ve been sick. | 你父亲说你生病了啊 |
[06:14] | Right. | 对 |
[06:22] | I just needed a book. | 我就是来找一本书 |
[06:24] | From up there? | 上面的吗 |
[06:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:27] | That’s my shelf. | 那是我的书架 |
[06:29] | I’d think that your shelf would be a bit lower. | 我觉得你的书架应该要低一点 |
[06:32] | Or in your own room. | 或者在你自己房间里 |
[06:34] | My father buys me books, then begs me not to read them. | 我父亲给我买书 然后又不想我读 |
[06:37] | He fears they joggle the mind. | 他怕这些书带坏我 |
[06:40] | Bit of a mixed message. | 有点复杂啊 |
[06:44] | Let me grab it for you. | 我来给你拿吧 |
[06:47] | It’s that one right there. The green one. | 就是那本绿色的 |
[06:53] | Emerson. | 爱默生 |
[06:55] | Cool. | 不错 |
[06:57] | “In the long sunny afternoon | “在一个悠长明媚的下午 |
[07:00] | The plain was full of ghosts. | 鬼魂在平野飘荡 |
[07:02] | I wandered up, I wandered down…” | 我徘徊来 徘徊去…” |
[07:04] | “Beset by pensive hosts.” | “陷入无尽的悲凉” |
[07:06] | Dirge. I love that one. | 《哀歌》 我爱那首 |
[07:08] | It’s spooky, right? | 很吓人 对吧 |
[07:10] | Most people quote love poems. | 很多人都爱引用情诗 |
[07:11] | Nah, I prefer a dirge. | 不 我更喜欢哀歌 |
[07:13] | It’s like a different kind of love poem. | 就像另一种情诗 |
[07:16] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:17] | So, you read a lot of poetry? | 所以 你也读了很多诗 |
[07:21] | As much as I can. | 能有多少读多少 |
[07:24] | But a lot of what’s called poetry isn’t really poetry, you know? | 但很多名义上的诗并不算真正的诗 |
[07:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:31] | See… | 就是… |
[07:34] | if I read a book | 如果我读完书 |
[07:36] | and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can warm me… | 浑身彻骨寒冷 没有火焰能温暖我 |
[07:42] | then I know that is poetry. | 我就知道那一定是诗 |
[07:45] | If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, | 如果我读完感觉头皮发麻 |
[07:49] | I know that is poetry. | 我知道那一定是诗 |
[07:50] | These are the only ways I know it. | 我只能这样确定诗的存在 |
[07:53] | Is there any other way? | 还有别的方法吗 |
[08:00] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[08:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:06] | So, is your wife here in Amherst too | 你妻子也在阿默斯特吗 |
[08:08] | or will you travel back to Worcester to see her? | 还是你回伍斯特去看她 |
[08:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:13] | Either way. | 都可以 |
[08:20] | Well, I should get back to bed. | 我应该回床上去了 |
[08:27] | I’m not sick. | 我没病 |
[08:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:31] | I’m just pretending. | 我只是装病 |
[08:33] | Why would you pretend to be sick? | 为什么你要装病 |
[08:37] | So I can write. | 就可以安心写作了 |
[08:39] | I’m a writer. | 我是个作家 |
[08:42] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[08:45] | I’m a poet. | 我是个诗人 |
[08:47] | I had a feeling. | 我预感到了 |
[08:49] | Maybe you’ll let me read one of your poems some time. | 也许以后有机会你能让我读读你的诗 |
[08:53] | Would you like to? | 你想读吗 |
[08:55] | Only if it takes the top of my head off. | 能让我头皮发麻就想 |
[09:03] | Please don’t tell my dad, okay? | 别告诉我爸爸 好吗 |
[09:05] | About me not being sick. | 我没病这件事 |
[09:07] | Solemn oath. | 发誓 |
[09:11] | Oh, shit. That’s the doctor. | 完了 医生来了 |
[09:13] | – Can you get upstairs without… – I’m invisible. | -你能溜上去吗… -我有隐身术 |
[09:34] | Do I look pretty? | 我好看吗 |
[09:35] | Please… | 拜托 |
[09:36] | remain still. | 别动 |
[09:41] | Will you make sure to make me look pwump? | 你能让我看起来圆熨点吗 |
[09:43] | Excuse me? I can’t understand you. | 什么 我听不懂 |
[09:47] | Pwump. | 圆熨 |
[09:48] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[09:50] | Plump. I wanna look plump. | 圆润 我想看起来圆润点 |
[09:52] | It’s fashionable, you know, no one wants to look skinny. | 这是新潮流 没人想跟皮包骨似的 |
[09:57] | I will paint… | 我会 |
[10:00] | the truth. | 如实画的 |
[10:03] | The truth? | 如实 |
[10:08] | And how is your stool? | 你的排便情况如何 |
[10:12] | Fine. Thank you. | 挺好 谢谢 |
[10:14] | How’s yours? | 您的呢 |
[10:15] | And your vision? | 你的视力呢 |
[10:17] | Any spots? Or strange hallucinations? | 有光斑吗 有奇怪的幻象吗 |
[10:20] | Not any more than usual. | 没有比平时多 |
[10:23] | Do you often hallucinate? | 你平时经常幻视吗 |
[10:25] | No. Just, sometimes I see… | 不 只是有时候我看见… |
[10:29] | See what? | 看见什么 |
[10:36] | Death. | 死神 |
[10:44] | It was not Death, for I stood up. | 屹立的我 不属于死亡一员 |
[10:48] | And all the Dead, lie down. | 死神的羽翼 都已长眠 |
[10:52] | – That’s good. I gotta write that down. – Just lie down. | -这句好 我要去写下来 -躺下 |
[10:55] | Just lie down, my dear. | 躺下 亲爱的 |
[10:57] | Try to rest. | 好好休息 |
[11:03] | There’s never an easy way to put this. | 不知道怎么委婉地表达 |
[11:06] | Your daughter is going to die. | 但你们的女儿要死了 |
[11:09] | No. God, no. | 我的天 不要 |
[11:12] | Her symptoms are spotty. | 她症状很明显 |
[11:14] | But as there’ve been more than 100 reported cases | 但鉴于阿默斯特镇方圆一公里 |
[11:17] | of yellow fever within a mile of Amherst, | 已经有了超过100例黄热病 |
[11:19] | I’m quite comfortable making that diagnosis. | 我能很确定地作出诊断 |
[11:21] | I knew it. Mrs. Boltwood’s cousin. | 我就知道 波尔特伍德夫人的堂兄 |
[11:28] | “The truth…” | “衷肠” |
[11:44] | 如果你还需要哀歌 请找我 你的本 | |
[11:51] | Dammit, isn’t there something you can give her? | 该死 你就不能给她开点处方吗 |
[11:52] | Some medicine, some balm, something? | 药啊 膏啊 别的什么 |
[11:55] | What about leeches? | 水蛭呢 |
[11:56] | I hear those have been effective in many cases. | 我听说它对很多病都效果很好 |
[11:58] | They really haven’t. | 并没有 |
[12:00] | Dear God. | 上帝啊 |
[12:03] | I’m terribly sorry, Mr. Dickinson. | 我很遗憾 狄金森先生 |
[12:05] | My examination makes clear the disease has already advanced to her brain. | 我的检查已经证实病魔已经入侵了大脑 |
[12:10] | There’s nothing more that any of us can do. | 我们已经无能为力了 |
[12:15] | Can’t we just try… | 我们真的不能 |
[12:18] | the leeches? | 试试水蛭吗 |
[12:32] | Emily. | 艾米莉 |
[12:46] | Does that feel good, my darling? | 感觉好点了吗 我的宝贝 |
[12:48] | Thank you, Mother. | 谢谢您 妈妈 |
[12:50] | My poor child. | 我可怜的孩子 |
[12:51] | This is all my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[12:53] | No. No, it isn’t. | 不 不是 |
[12:55] | Yes. This all comes from my side of the family. | 是的 病都是从我家那边传来的 |
[12:58] | I’m afraid you got the Norcross constitution. | 恐怕你得了诺克罗斯那边的病 |
[13:01] | Frail. Susceptible. | 你脆弱 敏感 |
[13:04] | I’ll be all right. | 我没事 |
[13:06] | My daughter… | 我的女儿 |
[13:08] | I must unburden myself of this long-kept secret. | 我藏了很久的一个秘密必须要说出口 |
[13:12] | Maybe… don’t. | 要不你别了吧 |
[13:14] | When I was a student at Yale, | 我在耶鲁大学读书的时候 |
[13:16] | there was a night. One heady night. | 有一个兴奋过头的夜晚 |
[13:18] | A party. There was an abundance of cherry rum | 那是个宴会 现场有很多樱桃酒 |
[13:19] | and one of our most respectable professors stripped himself naked | 有一个最德高望重的教授脱光了衣服 |
[13:22] | and ran across the green. | 穿过了草地 |
[13:24] | I know I’ve failed you as a mother, Emily. | 我知道我不是一个好母亲 艾米莉 |
[13:27] | Seriously, don’t worry about it. You’re fine. | 别太在意 你挺好的 |
[13:30] | The truth is, I never really wanted children. | 说实话 我从来不想要孩子 |
[13:33] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[13:35] | – You didn’t? – No. | -你不想要 -对 |
[13:37] | I must admit that I partook. | 我必须承认我参与了 |
[13:39] | On top of the rum… there were oysters. | 除了酒 还有生蚝 |
[13:42] | I binged upon them late into the evening. | 我狂吃到深夜 |
[13:45] | So many oysters. I was intoxicated. | 好多生蚝 我完全沉迷了 |
[13:48] | And then those wicked bivalves overtook me. | 那些罪恶的贝类吞噬了我的心 |
[13:52] | There was a girl. | 那有个女孩 |
[13:53] | Dad, it’s okay. | 爸 别了 |
[13:54] | Her name was Lucinda. | 她叫露西娜 |
[13:57] | She was a maid. | 她是个女佣 |
[13:58] | Much older than I. | 比我大很多 |
[14:00] | And although I was betrothed to your mother, | 虽然我当时和你妈妈订了婚 |
[14:03] | I succumbed. | 我还是屈服了 |
[14:04] | But then I married your father… | 然后我嫁给了你爸爸 |
[14:07] | and one thing led to another. | 一切都顺其自然了 |
[14:10] | And then the three of you were born. | 你们仨就出生了 |
[14:12] | And now… | 现在… |
[14:15] | here you are in this awful state. And… and… | 现在你病入膏肓 我… |
[14:20] | You realize it was all worth it? | 你觉得这一切都值得 |
[14:22] | No. I realize I was right. It’s pure agony. | 不 我意识到我是对的 这简直是折磨 |
[14:26] | No one, no one should have to bury a child. | 没人应该经历送黑发人的痛苦 |
[14:32] | I have tried, | 我努力了 |
[14:34] | I have always tried to set a good example for you children. | 我一直努力做你们的好榜样 |
[14:43] | What the f… | 什么啊 |
[14:45] | Are you sure this is a good idea? | 你确定这样好吗 |
[14:49] | Messing around with everybody’s emotions? | 玩弄大家的感情 |
[14:52] | If I can finish one poem… | 如果能让我写好诗 |
[14:55] | then, yes. | 那就可以 |
[15:11] | Are you finished already? | 你已经画完了吗 |
[15:13] | I’ve finished the face. | 脸画好了 |
[15:15] | The rest is a rough study. | 其余部分很简略 |
[15:18] | May I see? | 我能看看吗 |
[15:20] | If you like. | 随你 |
[15:28] | Not to your liking? | 不合你意吗 |
[15:32] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[15:34] | I wanted to look better. | 我想更美一点 |
[15:36] | You look just like this. | 你就长这样 |
[15:40] | Couldn’t you have made me prettier? | 不能把我画美点吗 |
[15:43] | I paint what I see. | 我画的是事实 |
[15:45] | You want something different? Paint it yourself. | 你想要其他元素 自己画去 |
[16:21] | I don’t know if you’ll like Emerson’s essays as much as his poems. | 不知道爱默生的论文能不能像他的诗一样吸引你 |
[16:25] | But they’ve certainly made an impression on me. | 但我深深被论文打动 |
[16:30] | Did you underline this? | 你标记的吗 |
[16:32] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[16:37] | “Our life is an apprenticeship to the truth, | “人生是对真相的探寻 |
[16:40] | that around every circle another can be drawn; | 每个圆都可以另起新圆 |
[16:44] | That there is no end in nature, | 自然中并无终点 |
[16:47] | but every end is a beginning; | 每个终点都是起点 |
[16:49] | That there is always another dawn risen on mid-noon, | 每个午后都伴随着下个黎明 |
[16:53] | and under every deep a lower deep opens.” | 每个深处都潜伏着更暗深渊” |
[17:02] | Speaking of truth… | 说到真相 |
[17:04] | I’m not actually married. | 我其实未婚 |
[17:07] | But… | 但是… |
[17:10] | you wear a ring. | 你戴戒指啊 |
[17:11] | It was my father’s, | 是我父亲的 |
[17:12] | and I started wearing it to remember him by. | 我戴戒指是为了纪念他 |
[17:15] | And then… | 结果呢 |
[17:16] | I discovered that it helped to stop the prying questions | 我发现应付无数个”狄金森夫人”很有效 |
[17:19] | and the endless set-ups from a thousand Mrs. Dickinsons. | 避免了各种试探性和陷阱问题 |
[17:24] | – No offense to your mom. – Oh, none taken. | -没有冒犯你母亲的意思 -没关系的 |
[17:29] | Lot of power in a little gold band. | 这小金环很有影响力 |
[17:33] | A wedding ring as freedom. | 婚戒换取自由 |
[17:37] | That’s a new one. | 倒是头一回见 |
[17:39] | Marriage itself is a bit old-fashioned, don’t you think? | 婚姻本身有点老派 你不觉得吗 |
[17:45] | “Take this woman to have and to hold.” | “成为你的妻子相守相持” |
[17:49] | Just sounds a little like… | 听起来有点像… |
[17:50] | Imprisonment? | 囚禁 |
[17:51] | – Exactly. – Yeah. | -没错 -对 |
[17:55] | So, you don’t want children? | 那你不想要孩子吧 |
[17:56] | I love children. Other people’s. | 我喜欢孩子啊 喜欢别人家的 |
[17:58] | But if I had my own… | 要是自己生了的话 |
[18:01] | I wouldn’t have any time to read. | 我就没时间阅读了 |
[18:06] | I feel like you are reciting my own thoughts. | 你好像能读取我的想法 |
[18:09] | – Struck a chord? – The whole piano. | -击中心弦了吗[共鸣] -击中心海 |
[18:19] | You ever swim in this lake? | 在这湖里游过吗 |
[18:22] | – My father doesn’t let me. – Why not? | -我父亲不允许 -为什么 |
[18:24] | He’s afraid I’ll get sick. | 他担心我生病 |
[18:26] | Well, it’s too late now. You’re already dying. | 那来不及了 你已经快死了 |
[18:28] | True. | 对哦 |
[18:35] | That water, it looks tempting. | 这水看起来好诱人 |
[18:39] | “Tempting”? | “诱人” |
[18:40] | I bet it’s freezing. | 肯定冷死了 |
[18:46] | I bet it warms up. | 会暖起来的 |
[18:52] | *Got a fever for you* | *我为你痴狂* |
[18:54] | *Do you know what it feels like get hurt so bad* | *你可曾知道心碎的滋味* |
[18:59] | *I can’t be there to lie, yes it does* | *我无法掩饰心痛* |
[19:04] | *And they, but you, you’re the one give in too late* | *你最后才靠近我* |
[19:06] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[19:10] | *Show me in a way that can’t be said in words* | *用言语不敌的方式爱我* |
[19:43] | – Can I come in? – Yeah. | -我能进吗 -嗯 |
[19:50] | Your hair. | 你的头发 |
[19:52] | It’s damp. | 湿湿的 |
[19:53] | Night sweats. | 盗汗 |
[20:03] | The doctor said there isn’t any hope. | 医生说没有希望了 |
[20:08] | Oh there’s, there’s always hope. | 有 总是有希望的 |
[20:14] | I can’t imagine life without you, Emily. | 我不能想象没有你的生活 艾米莉 |
[20:20] | Do you remember | 你还记得 |
[20:22] | that time we put on the bumblebee opera? | 我们上演大黄蜂歌剧那次吗 |
[20:25] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[20:27] | That was a pretty fun waste of an afternoon. | 那样打发一下午蛮有趣的 |
[20:30] | We hummed for so long I got a sore throat. | 我们嗡嗡叫太久 我嗓子都疼了 |
[20:34] | You were very committed to that performance. | 你确实很投入演出 |
[20:37] | And nobody’s as fun as you, Em. | 没人像你这样有趣 艾米 |
[20:43] | I don’t wanna lose you. | 我不想失去你 |
[20:44] | Austin, you won’t. | 奥斯汀 你不会的 |
[20:47] | I’ve already lost Sue. | 我已经失去了苏 |
[20:49] | Now you could go too. | 你也可能会走 |
[20:52] | I thought Sue was writing to you. | 苏不是给你写信了吗 |
[20:54] | She only wrote once. | 就写过一次 |
[20:55] | You said twice. | 你说的两次 |
[20:57] | I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[21:05] | I’m sure she misses you. | 她肯定有想你 |
[21:07] | Are you? | 你确定吗 |
[21:09] | I’m not. | 我不确定 |
[21:13] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:14] | This is so selfish of me, going on and on… | 我太自私了 没完没了的 |
[21:19] | spending what could be your last hours… | 你生命最后的时间 |
[21:22] | like this. | 被我浪费 |
[21:24] | Just whining about some girl. | 抱怨儿女情长 |
[21:27] | I understand. | 我理解的 |
[21:31] | And she’s not just “Some girl,” She’s Sue. | 她可不是”某个女孩” 她是苏 |
[21:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:43] | Sue. | 苏 |
[21:46] | I don’t understand her. | 我不懂她 |
[21:48] | But I know I love her. | 但我知道自己爱她 |
[21:51] | Because, somehow, I love not understanding her. | 因为我就是爱不懂她的感觉 |
[21:56] | I’d rather spend the rest of my life not understanding Sue | 就算这一生都无法理解苏 |
[21:59] | than marry someone who made sense to me. | 也比娶一个我能懂的人好 |
[22:02] | Does that make any sense? | 这话有道理吗 |
[22:05] | Yeah. | 有 |
[22:07] | I think I get it. | 我应该能懂 |
[22:15] | Emily, can you please, please not die? | 艾米莉 能不能 不要死 |
[22:31] | I finished it. | 我写好了 |
[22:38] | I want you to read it. | 想拿给你读 |
[22:47] | Don’t, don’t open it now! | 别 现在别看 |
[22:49] | Not while I’m in here. | 我在的时候别看 |
[22:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:54] | Read it when I’m gone. | 我走了再看 |
[22:57] | You mean… when you’re dead? | 意思是… 你死了以后吗 |
[22:59] | Dude, no, I mean, like, when I’m in the other room. | 大哥 不是 等我出这个房间 |
[23:01] | Oh. Gotcha. Will do. | 噢懂了 好的 |
[23:05] | Now, I have to go make a miraculous recovery. | 现在我要去奇迹般康复了 |
[23:16] | Would anyone like some tea? | 哪位要喝茶吗 |
[23:21] | Tea sounds nice. | 茶不错 |
[23:22] | Do we have any peppermint? | 有薄荷叶吗 |
[23:25] | It’s a ghost! | 是鬼 |
[23:28] | No, Mother. It’s actually me. | 不是 母亲 真的是我 |
[23:31] | Emily, shouldn’t you be in bed? | 艾米莉 你不是该在床上吗 |
[23:35] | It’s the most amazing thing. | 特别神奇 |
[23:37] | I woke up this morning and the headache was gone. | 我早上起来就不头疼了 |
[23:40] | I don’t feel dizzy, no more sweats, | 不头晕 也不出汗了 |
[23:42] | I feel… wonderful. | 我感觉… 很自在 |
[23:45] | Told you she didn’t have yellow fever. | 我都说了她没得黄热病 |
[23:47] | Praise be. Let’s get some food into you. | 老天有眼 赶紧吃点东西 |
[23:50] | Something that’ll stick to your ribs. | 吃点有营养的 |
[23:54] | I’m sorry if I scared you, Mom. | 抱歉吓到你了 妈妈 |
[23:56] | Yes, well, it’s good you’re out of bed. | 好 能下床就好 |
[24:00] | Now you can go wash the sheets. | 现在你可以去洗床单了 |
[24:17] | It’s okay, Dad. | 没事的 爸爸 |
[24:20] | I’m not gonna die. | 我不会死的 |
[24:26] | Well, I will one day. | 总有一天会死 |
[24:30] | But probably not for, like, a long, long time. | 但离那天还远得很 |
[24:46] | He likes the poem. He likes it not. | 他喜欢这诗 他不喜欢这诗 |
[24:49] | He likes it. He likes it not. | 他喜欢 他不喜欢 |
[24:53] | Who cares if he likes it? He’s going to like it, right? | 谁管他喜不喜欢 他会喜欢的吧 |
[24:57] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[25:01] | Sue? | 苏 |
[25:03] | Is it really you? | 真的是你吗 |
[25:05] | Not a figment of my imagination? | 不是我的想象吗 |
[25:07] | I’m real. | 真的是我 |
[25:09] | But you’re out of bed. | 你能下床了 |
[25:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:13] | Up and at ’em. Feeling good. | 下床溜溜 精神抖擞 |
[25:16] | But in your letter you said you were sick. | 但你在信里说自己病了 |
[25:19] | I was… | 我是病了… |
[25:21] | feeling fatigued. | 心力交瘁 |
[25:23] | Your letter said you were dying. | 信里说你要死了 |
[25:25] | Well, I was dying. Of loneliness. | 是的 要死于寂寞了 |
[25:27] | Because you weren’t writing me back. | 因为你都不回信 |
[25:29] | That’s not what you wrote. | 你可不是这样写的 |
[25:31] | Haven’t you ever heard of a metaphor? | 你没听说过比喻吗 |
[25:33] | Dying isn’t a metaphor. | “垂死”不是比喻 |
[25:37] | Not to me. | 我不觉得是 |
[25:38] | Everyone in my family died. | 我家里人都死了 |
[25:39] | I take death literally. | 我会把”死”当真 |
[25:43] | And… you scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[25:47] | You really scared me. | 真的吓坏我了 |
[25:52] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:55] | Emily, whe… | 艾米莉 我… |
[25:57] | When I got your letter, | 我收到你信的时候 |
[25:59] | the one that said you were sick… | 你说自己生病那封信 |
[26:02] | I realized you’re the only one I have. | 我发现你是我唯一的依靠 |
[26:07] | Without you, I might as well not exist here. | 没有你 我在这里没有存在的意义 |
[26:13] | You’re the only one who truly loves me. | 你是唯一真心爱我的人 |
[26:15] | That’s not true. | 不对 |
[26:17] | – It is. – No. | -真的 -不是 |
[26:20] | My brother loves you. | 我哥哥爱你 |
[26:23] | What? | 什么 |
[26:24] | Austin came to my bedside when I was sick. | 我病的时候奥斯汀来我床边 |
[26:27] | Or when I was not sick. | 或者说我装病的时候吧 |
[26:31] | He confided in me. | 他向我袒露心声 |
[26:33] | About you. | 聊起你 |
[26:34] | About how he feels. | 聊起他的感觉 |
[26:36] | And, Sue, he… | 苏 他… |
[26:39] | he adores you. | 他很喜欢你 |
[26:42] | And I think… | 我觉得… |
[26:45] | you should marry him. | 你应该嫁给他 |
[27:38] | Sue? | 苏 |
[27:39] | Austin. | 奥斯汀 |
[27:43] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[27:45] | I came back. | 我回来了 |
[27:47] | But… for who? | 那… 是为谁 |
[27:54] | For you. | 为了你 |
[28:15] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[28:20] | *Oh, come on, just say something* | *拜托 不要沉默不语* |
[28:24] | *No, go ahead, tell me, what do I need* | *猜测我的需求大可不必犹豫* |
[28:30] | *I’m not the kind of girl you undo* | *我不是会败在你手上的女孩* |
[28:35] | *I’m not the kind of girl you undo* | *我不是会败在你手上的女孩* |
[28:40] | *Oh, come on, oh, come on* | *拜托 不必反复无常* |
[28:45] | *I’ve been undone long before you* | *在你之前我就尝过挫败* |
[28:50] | *I won’t follow you* | *我不会跟随你的步伐* |
[28:56] | *Oh, come on, make this easy* | *拜托 赶快速战速决* |
[29:01] | *Oh, come on, just say something* | *拜托 不要沉默不语* |
[29:06] | *Oh, come on, oh, come on* | *拜托 不必反复无常* |
[29:11] | *I’ve been undone long before you* | *在你之前我就尝过挫败* |