时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Welcome to the first meeting of Stan’s Book Club. | 欢迎参加斯坦读书俱乐部第一次会议 |
[00:08] | Today’s book is Moby Dick. | 今天的主题是《白鲸记》 |
[00:10] | I had a whale of a time reading it. | 书中人物的”鲸”历真曲折 |
[00:15] | That’s what you do in book clubs, right? | 开读书俱乐部的目的 |
[00:17] | Make terrible puns about the book? | 不就是拿书开玩笑吗 |
[00:19] | I can’t wait till next week when we’d read The Wizard of Paws. | 我太期待下周的主题了 《奥兹国的魔法”石”》 |
[00:23] | Ah? Ah? | 好笑吧 |
[00:26] | Stan, you didn’t tell me Karl would be here. | 斯坦 你咋不告诉我卡尔也要来 |
[00:29] | I thought it would just be the two of us. | 我还以为就咱俩呢 |
[00:31] | Likewise. And I also didn’t think we’d actually be discussing the book. | 同感 你们居然真的讨论书 |
[00:34] | Book clubs are just for gossip. | 开读书俱乐部的目的是八卦 |
[00:37] | Guess which neighborhood teen has been consuming | 这附近住了个男孩 七岁起就开始偷喝 |
[00:39] | his mother’s strength-training shakes and can now bench press his own weight, | 他妈妈的健身奶昔 现在已经能卧推和自己一样沉的杠铃了 |
[00:42] | from when he was seven? | 你们猜是谁 |
[00:45] | I know I didn’t tell you each the other would be here. | 我确实没通知你们对方要来 |
[00:47] | But I want you guys to get along because you’re two of the only people | 可是我希望你俩能合得来 |
[00:51] | who know I can talk. | 毕竟知道我会说话的人不多 |
[00:53] | And you have so much in common. | 你们又有那么多共同点 |
[00:55] | You’re smart, you love literature, | 都很聪明 都喜欢文学 |
[00:57] | and you both fart a little when you’re tickled. | 而且一被人挠就会放点屁 |
[00:59] | Come here. | 让我挠挠 |
[01:00] | No! | 才不要 |
[01:03] | Oh, wait. I’m the tickle farter. | 等一下 好像是我一被挠就放屁 |
[01:05] | Tickle me! | 来挠我 |
[01:05] | No! | 更不要 |
[01:08] | Stan, this whole thing is misguided. | 斯坦 你误会了 |
[01:11] | We have nothing in common. | 我们完全没有共同点 |
[01:13] | Karl is a pompous buffoon who names his sweater vests after Greek gods. | 卡尔是个无聊的自大狂 给毛背心取希腊诸神的名字 |
[01:17] | Demigods. Only full sweaters are named after gods. | 是半神半人的名字 毛衣才用诸神来命名 |
[01:21] | She’s insufferable, isn’t she, Perseus? | 珀尔修斯(宙斯之子) 她是不是很烦人 |
[01:25] | We have nothing in common. | 我们毫无共同点 |
[01:27] | Nothing in common? How can you say that? | 毫无共同点 谁说的 |
[01:29] | You’re in the same book club! | 你们在同一个读书俱乐部哎 |
[01:33] | As much as I like you, Stan, this book club is officially a bust. | 斯坦 虽然我很喜欢你 但是这个俱乐部还是解散了好 |
[01:37] | I’m going to go withdraw to my sanctuary. | 我要返回我的圣殿了 |
[01:40] | I’m sorry, Stan, but I’m leaving, too. | 抱歉 斯坦 我也要走了 |
[01:42] | Oh, and, Karl, here’s a tip. | 对了 卡尔 一句忠告 |
[01:44] | If your “sanctuary” has mulch and shovels, it’s probably more of a shed. | 如果你的”圣殿”有土和铲子 就不过是个小破屋子罢了 |
[01:50] | You say “potato,” I say “pommes aligot.” | 打个比方 你说土豆 我就说马铃薯 |
[01:54] | Because you’re common and I enjoy French cuisine. | 因为你太平庸 而我喜欢高雅的词句 |
[01:59] | Well, I guess it’s just you and me, Robert. | 罗伯特 看来只剩咱俩了 |
[02:03] | So what did you think of the book? | 你觉得书如何 |
[02:06] | You did read it, didn’t you? | 别告诉我你没读 |
[02:07] | What?! | 啥 |
[02:09] | The audiobook? | 有声读物 |
[02:10] | Robert, that’s abridged! | 那可是删减版 |
[02:14] | So we never did get to discuss Moby Dick. | 我们最后还是没讨论成《白鲸记》 |
[02:17] | Is it weird that the character in the book | 最怪的是 我觉得书中 |
[02:19] | that I most related to was the whale? | 和我最像的人物是鲸 |
[02:41] | Tyler, don’t snack. | 泰勒 别乱吃东西 |
[02:42] | You’ll ruin your appetite for dinner. | 一会儿没肚子吃晚饭了 |
[02:44] | Bennett, back me up here. | 班尼特 你说对吧 |
[02:50] | Listen to your mother. | 听你妈的话 |
[02:53] | I want to quit dance. | 我不想跳舞了 |
[02:55] | What do you mean? | 胡说啥呢 |
[02:56] | Your big recital’s coming up in a few days. | 过几天就是你的舞蹈演出了 |
[02:58] | You mean, I’m not gonna get to sit through three hours | 这么说我不用干坐整整仨小时 |
[03:01] | of other kids dancing just to see your two minute routine? | 看完其他孩子跳舞才等到你跳那两分钟 |
[03:04] | Well, you gave it your best shot. | 行 反正你努力过了 |
[03:06] | No, no, Bennett. Chloe can’t quit dance now. | 这哪儿行啊 班尼特 克洛伊不能现在放弃 |
[03:09] | I don’t like dance anymore. | 我不喜欢跳舞了 |
[03:11] | I want to quit and learn to do some awesome BMX bike tricks like Tyler. | 我要退出 跟泰勒一样学高难度自行车越野去 |
[03:14] | Chloe, all right. | 好样的 克洛伊 |
[03:16] | You’re gonna look so cool all scarred up. | 满身疤可酷了 |
[03:19] | Tyler, don’t encourage her. | 泰勒 不许鼓励她 |
[03:22] | Fine, I’ll never encourage my little sister again. | 行 我以后再也不鼓励我妹妹了 |
[03:24] | I was hoping we’d be close. But that’s on you. | 本来我俩能很和睦的 都怪你 |
[03:28] | Chloe, you can’t quit dance three days before the big recital. | 克洛伊 还剩三天就正式演出了 你不能这时候退出 |
[03:31] | Back me up here, Bennett. | 班尼特 你说对吧 |
[03:33] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[04:15] | Sweetie, come here. | 宝贝儿 来 |
[04:17] | Listen, we’ve already paid for the classes, the costumes, the recital tickets, | 咱已经出了学费 服装费 演出票钱 |
[04:21] | pre-ordered the DVD. | 还预购了DVD |
[04:23] | You got to finish what you start. | 有始就要有终嘛 |
[04:24] | Mommy quit that cooking class. | 妈妈学烹饪不是也半途而废了吗 |
[04:26] | And if you start a grease fire while dancing, you can quit, too. | 你要是学舞蹈也能制造火灾 我就让你退 |
[04:31] | You never let me do anything. | 你们啥都不让我干 |
[04:32] | You said I can’t do BMX, you said I can’t be a lion tamer | 不让我玩自行车越野 不让我长大去马戏团 |
[04:35] | at the circus when I grow up. | 当驯兽师 |
[04:36] | Lion tamer is even more dangerous than BMX. | 当驯兽师比自行车越野更危险 |
[04:39] | I’ve thought it all out, Mommy. | 妈妈 我都想好了 |
[04:41] | If things go bad with the lion, | 要是狮子不听话了 |
[04:43] | I’ll just push a clown in front of me and run. | 我就让小丑当挡箭牌 撒腿就跑 |
[04:46] | You can’t outrun a lion. | 你跑不过狮子 |
[04:48] | I don’t have to outrun a lion, I just have to outrun the clown. | 为啥要跑过狮子 只要跑过小丑就行 |
[04:55] | Go and get it. | 去捡吧 |
[04:57] | Knockedy-knockedy. | 有人在家不 |
[04:58] | What do you want, Karl? | 卡尔 你来干吗 |
[05:01] | I came to apologize for being so irascible at the book club. | 我是来道歉的 我昨天不该表现得那么糟糕 |
[05:05] | The truth is, I respect you a great deal. | 其实我非常敬佩你 |
[05:07] | I don’t know why we so often butt heads. | 我们不该总争得你死我活 |
[05:09] | I respect you, too. | 我也很敬佩你 |
[05:11] | Mainly because we’re the only two kids I know | 主要是因为只有咱俩 |
[05:13] | who wouldn’t make some juvenile joke off the fact | 不会像同龄人那样幼稚 |
[05:14] | that you just said “butt heads.” | 拿”死活”开玩笑 |
[05:17] | And yet you’ve managed to make a joke in the very process | 同时 你又巧妙地把两个字 |
[05:19] | of denying that you were doing so. | 转化成另一种意思 |
[05:21] | Well played. | 干得漂亮 |
[05:23] | Thank you, Karl. | 多谢 卡尔 |
[05:24] | I knew you two would come together. | 我就知道你俩能合得来 |
[05:29] | Well, maybe I should get going. | 我该准备走了 |
[05:32] | Or… you can stay. | 你 也可以留下啊 |
[05:42] | The music is nice. | 音乐挺美的 |
[05:44] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[05:59] | I just had the most horrible nightmare. | 我刚做了有史以来最可怕的噩梦 |
[06:02] | I was about to… kiss Karl Fink. | 我差点 亲上卡尔·芬克了 |
[06:04] | This is your fault for trying to push us together, Stan. | 斯坦 都怪你非要撮合我俩 |
[06:08] | Hey, I just wanted you two to be friends. | 我只想让你们做朋友 |
[06:10] | You’re the one who’s getting all freaky with it. | 是你自己想歪的 |
[06:19] | Hey, Tyler. | 泰勒 |
[06:21] | I want to practice some BMX tricks after my dance class. | 下了舞蹈课 我想学自行车越野 |
[06:23] | Will you help me? | 你能教我吗 |
[06:24] | Chloe, you heard what Mom and Dad said. | 克洛伊 你没听爸妈说吗 |
[06:26] | If I help you, I’ll get in trouble. | 要是我帮你 我会惹上麻烦的 |
[06:28] | When did we switch places and you became the cute little girl? | 现在你变身乖萌小萝莉 我成不羁少年了是吗 |
[06:32] | Chloe, I’m old enough now that I’m not gonna give in | 克洛伊 我现在大了 有是非观念了 |
[06:35] | to peer pressure and be made to do something I know is wrong. | 不会再轻易胡作非为了 |
[06:38] | I’m not in your peer group. | 可是我还小啊 |
[06:40] | Good point. Let’s do it. | 有道理 走吧 |
[06:42] | But we’re gonna have to keep this a secret from Mom and Dad. | 不过千万别跟爸妈讲 |
[06:45] | I’m good at keeping secrets. | 我口风严着呢 |
[06:46] | I kept the secret that I have mice in my sock drawer. | 我抽屉里有老鼠这事就没人知道 |
[06:50] | Sometimes they get out. | 它们有时候会跑出去 |
[06:57] | Dad, I didn’t sleep well last night. | 爸 我昨晚没睡好 |
[06:59] | Were you up again writing presidential fan fiction? | 你又熬夜写有关总统的同人文了 |
[07:03] | I just think James Buchanan and Edgar Allan Poe | 我就觉得布坎南和爱伦·坡 |
[07:05] | could’ve solved a lot of crimes together. | 能联手破案 不行吗 |
[07:08] | But this is different. | 不过这次不是 |
[07:09] | I didn’t sleep well last night because I had a very disturbing dream. | 我没睡好是因为一个怪梦 |
[07:14] | As a psychologist, you know about dream interpretation, right? | 您是心理学家 一定懂解梦吧 |
[07:17] | I know a thing or two about it. | 略知一二 |
[07:19] | A thing or two, or are you an expert? | 您到底是不是专家 |
[07:22] | Sorry, I’m tired. | 抱歉 太累了 |
[07:24] | I didn’t mean to sound like Count Dracula. | 我不想像吸血鬼公爵一样坏的 |
[07:26] | You’ll get that when you read my latest installment. | 你读读我最新的篇章就明白了 |
[07:29] | Buchanan and Poe have their hands full. | 布坎南和坡简直忙不过来了 |
[07:33] | Yes, I am an expert. | 对 我是专家 |
[07:35] | In fact, maybe I’ll write some psychology fan fiction | 说不定我能写篇我和弗洛伊德 |
[07:39] | featuring me and Sigmund Freud solving crimes of the mind. | 联手解决心理案件的同人文 |
[07:46] | Fun. Don’t. | 有点意思噢 千万别 |
[07:50] | So tell me about this dream. | 给我讲讲这个梦 |
[07:52] | Well, without going into the specifics, | 我就不说细节了 |
[07:55] | it was a dream in which I started to do something | 在梦里 我干了件现实中 |
[07:57] | that I would never in a million years really want to do. | 无论如何都不会做的事 |
[08:01] | Like swimming the butterfly through an open sewer | 比如在露天阴沟里游蝶泳 |
[08:03] | or talking to my dad about something personal. | 或者跟我爸谈私人问题 |
[08:06] | So what does that mean? | 有啥寓意吗 |
[08:08] | It may very well be your subconscious | 可能是你的潜意识作怪 |
[08:11] | telling you that you do want to do this thing. | 表明你其实正想这么做 |
[08:13] | Really? I see. | 是吗 明白了 |
[08:21] | Or it could be the exact opposite. | 也可能正好相反 |
[08:22] | Dreams are weird that way. | 梦就是这么怪 |
[08:24] | Like when I dreamed I was an Olympic gymnast | 我就梦见过成为奥运体操运动员 |
[08:27] | and I finished third on the pommel horse | 跳鞍马获了季军 |
[08:29] | and my Bulgarian shot-putting girlfriend | 我的保加利亚女朋友 一个铅球运动员 |
[08:32] | breaks up with me for a guy who didn’t even medal. | 为了一个啥奖都没有的无名小卒把我甩了 |
[08:34] | Didn’t even medal! | 啥奖都没有 |
[08:37] | Avery? | 艾芙莉 |
[08:40] | Avery! | 艾芙莉 |
[08:42] | I know it was just a dream, but I wonder… | 虽然梦不现实 不过 |
[08:51] | Go for the gold, Bennett! | 班尼特 胜利在望啊 |
[08:52] | Go for the gold! | 胜利在望 |
[08:58] | I got it! I did it! | 成功了 成功了 |
[09:01] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[09:02] | No, I didn’t. | 貌似没有 |
[09:09] | No wonder Svetlana broke up with you. | 怪不得斯维特拉娜把你甩了 |
[09:18] | I’m ready for my first BMX lesson, Tyler. | 泰勒 我准备好了 咱们开课吧 |
[09:21] | What are you wearing? My dance recital costume. | -你穿的啥 -我的演出服 |
[09:23] | I’m a BMX princess. | 我是越野自行车公主 |
[09:25] | Sure, why not. | 当然了 |
[09:27] | They should make an animated movie about me. | 应该找人给我拍部动画片 |
[09:30] | I’ll sing this song. | 我来唱歌 |
[09:31] | Ride the bike | 骑上越野自行车 |
[09:32] | Ride the bike | 骑上越野自行车 |
[09:34] | There’ll be no stopping me | 没什么能够阻挡我 |
[09:38] | Ride the bike | 骑上越野自行车 |
[09:40] | Ride the bike | 骑上越野自行车 |
[09:41] | While my princess dress flows free | 我的公主裙随风飘扬 |
[09:45] | Probably win an Oscar. | 稳赢奥斯卡 |
[09:48] | Sure, why not. | 当然了 |
[09:50] | Now let’s get you up to the top of the ramp. | 走 咱们到坡上去 |
[09:52] | Wow, you put that together all by yourself? | 这是你自己建的 |
[09:55] | Are we even allowed to do this here? | 公园里让玩这个吗 |
[09:57] | Sure, why not. | 当然了 |
[10:00] | Safety is very important, Chloe. | 克洛伊 安全第一 |
[10:03] | So before you do any riding, we are going to discuss | 所以骑之前 你要先记住 |
[10:05] | exactly what’s gonna happen, | 安全措施 |
[10:07] | and then we’re gonna walk through it a few times slowly | 然后慢慢在坡上骑几遍 |
[10:10] | so you can get the feel of what it’s like… | 找准感觉了再 |
[10:11] | Y.O.L.O.!!! | 万岁 |
[10:19] | That was awesome! | 太爽了 |
[10:22] | Chloe, your dress! | 克洛伊 你的裙子 |
[10:26] | Tyler, why didn’t we walk through it a few times | 泰勒 你咋不先让我慢慢骑几遍 |
[10:28] | slowly so I could get the feel of it? | 找准感觉再走 |
[10:36] | Hey, Karl. What’s up? Plotting world domination? | 卡尔 干啥呢 准备主宰世界 |
[10:39] | Oh, please. Dominating Pasadena will more than suffice. | 光主宰帕萨迪纳市就够了 |
[10:42] | There are whole swaths of the world that are just nothing but headaches. | 大部分世界都不好管理 |
[10:46] | Hello, Stan. | 嗨 斯坦 |
[10:48] | Hey Karl. Did you see my plans for a cat teleportation device? | 卡尔 你看见我给猫准备的瞬间移形门了吗 |
[10:51] | It’s just an X with a large rock hanging over it. | 就是个字母X 上面还吊了块大石头 |
[10:54] | Shh. | 小点声 |
[10:56] | The cats don’t know that. | 可是猫不知道啊 |
[10:59] | So anyway, here’s the thing. | 别扯了 是这样的 |
[11:01] | I had this weird dream, and I was thinking that we should talk about it. | 我昨晚做了个怪梦 必须要来和你谈一下 |
[11:06] | But now that I’m here, I realize it’s just one dream, no big deal. Right? | 不过现在一想 梦又不是真的 何必小题大做 |
[11:09] | Quite possibly. It could mean nothing. | 的确 可能毫无意义 |
[11:13] | Or it could mean this… | 也可以代表 |
[11:26] | Ahh! Karl, stop licking my hand! | 啊 卡尔 别舔我手了 |
[11:35] | Stan! | 斯坦 |
[11:36] | You can’t eat ribs for dinner and expect this not to happen. | 你晚饭吃排骨了 我忍不住 |
[11:42] | No, I had the nightmare again. | 我又做那个噩梦了 |
[11:45] | Having the dream once could’ve been a fluke. | 一次可能只是意外 |
[11:47] | But this is a pattern. | 重复做可就不一般了 |
[11:49] | What if my dad’s right? | 万一老爸没说错呢 |
[11:50] | What if it does represent a subconscious desire? | 万一这真是我的潜欲望呢 |
[11:53] | I had a dream once that I ate a giant marshmallow, and when I woke up… | 我梦见过自己吃了一个巨大的棉花糖 起床以后 |
[11:57] | Don’t tell me. The pillow was gone. | 别告诉我枕头没了 |
[11:59] | No. Chloe was gone. | 不对 克洛伊没了 |
[12:03] | Then she came back in. | 后来她又进屋了 |
[12:04] | With marshmallows. | 拿着真正的棉花糖 |
[12:05] | But they were just regular size. | 可惜是正常大小的 |
[12:08] | Look, I know you’re trying to cheer me up, but I’m freaking out. | 我知道你想逗我开心 可我还是好害怕 |
[12:12] | Maybe you should talk to Karl and see if it’s really what you want. | 去找卡尔谈谈 看看你到底想不想亲他 |
[12:16] | At least you’ll know. | 至少能知道这个梦代表啥 |
[12:17] | No! I can’t do that. | 没门儿 |
[12:19] | I can never say anything to him about this. | 我坚决不要跟他说这种事 |
[12:21] | And you have to promise not to say anything to him either. | 你也不许跟他提 |
[12:25] | Is it possible that I… like Karl Fink? | 我有可能 真的喜欢卡尔·芬克吗 |
[12:31] | Avery, either throw up or don’t, but don’t tease me like that. | 艾芙莉 要吐赶紧吐 别这副样子好不好 |
[12:40] | Hey, Karl. | 卡尔 |
[12:41] | What’s up? | 最近咋样 |
[12:43] | Not that something has to be up. | 当然 没事最好 |
[12:45] | Nothing’s up. Stop grilling me! | 我啥事都没有 别逼我说啦 |
[12:47] | You’re acting weird. | 你今天咋这么怪 |
[12:49] | Well, I mean, weirder than normal for a talking dog. | 虽然你会说话已经很怪了 |
[12:52] | Well, if anyone knows “weird,” it’s you, right? | 还说我 你更怪 |
[12:54] | I love the way you say “It’s not weird.” | 你说口头禅”一点不怪”的样子太可爱了 |
[12:56] | Do that. Do that for me now. | 再给我说一遍 |
[12:58] | Say “It’s not weird.” | 说”一点不怪” |
[13:01] | I suppose I may say that on occasion, | 我的确偶尔会这么说 |
[13:03] | but it’s a perfectly acceptable turn of phrase. | 但完全没有不合时宜 |
[13:05] | It’s not weird. | 一点不怪 |
[13:07] | Ah, you said it! | 看见没 |
[13:09] | I love when you say that! | 我太喜欢你这样了 |
[13:14] | Is it hot in here? Stop grilling me!!! | 这儿咋这么热 别逼我了 |
[13:17] | Stan, you’re obviously uncomfortable about something, | 斯坦 很明显 你有事瞒着我 |
[13:20] | and I’m assuming there’s a reason you came over here, so what is it? | 你不可能无缘无故过来 说吧 怎么了 |
[13:24] | Not a secret I promised to keep that Avery dreamed about kissing you, that’s for sure. | 肯定不是艾芙莉梦见和你接吻 我又发誓帮她保密 |
[13:29] | Dang it! | 该死的 |
[13:31] | How do you successfully keep the secret that you can talk? | 你到底怎么守住会说话这个秘密的 |
[13:34] | I have no idea. | 完全不知道 |
[13:42] | Chloe, your recital is tomorrow. | 克洛伊 明天你就上台了 |
[13:44] | Why didn’t you ask Avery to fix the costume like we talked about? | 咱不是说好让艾芙莉把裙子给你缝上的吗 |
[13:47] | I did. She said she can’t fix it. | 她说缝不好 |
[13:49] | I can’t fix it. | 我缝不好 |
[13:51] | What do you mean, she can’t fix it? | 怎么可能 |
[13:53] | She’s a whiz with sewing. She’s doing this whole fashion thing. | 她最近一直在搞时装这行 肯定是专家啊 |
[13:56] | I may be a whiz with sewing and doing this whole fashion thing, | 虽然我最近一直在搞时装 算半个专家了 |
[13:59] | but the fabric is ruined. | 不过衣服布料已经毁了 |
[14:01] | Can’t she get more fabric? | 她不能去买新的吗 |
[14:02] | No. | 不能 |
[14:05] | But there has to be something that she can do. | 她肯定能想出点法子来 |
[14:07] | There’s nothing Avery can do, Chloe. | 克洛伊 艾芙莉啥法子都想不出来 |
[14:09] | And it’s late. She’s already asleep. | 而且现在太晚了 她都睡了 |
[14:12] | Now if you’ll excuse me, Avery had ribs for dinner | 麻烦你先回避一下 艾芙莉晚饭吃排骨了 |
[14:14] | and there’s something very important I have to do. | 我还有件大事要做 |
[14:22] | Go to bed and wait. | 上床等着吧 |
[14:23] | I’ll get to you later, Chicken Fingers. | 一会儿就轮到你了 鸡柳小姐 |
[14:27] | We are gonna be in such huge trouble when Mom and Dad see this. | 要是爸妈发现 咱就完了 |
[14:30] | Well, the recital’s not until tomorrow. | 明天才演出呢 |
[14:33] | Maybe something magical will happen to get us out of this. | 说不定会有奇迹出现 |
[14:36] | Chloe, be realistic. Nothing magical ever happens to us. | 克洛伊 现实点 咱们啥时候遇见过奇迹 |
[14:39] | Hey, guys. What’s up? Stan, we’re busy. | -伙计们 在干啥 -斯坦 我们忙着呢 |
[14:41] | We don’t have time for our talking dog right now. | 没时间跟你聊天 |
[14:45] | Chloe? | 克洛伊 |
[14:48] | Chloe, go put on your recital costume. | 克洛伊 快去把演出服换上 |
[14:50] | We’re going to take some pictures. | 我们给你拍点照片 |
[14:51] | Now? | 现在 |
[14:52] | The recital’s not until tomorrow. | 明天才演出呢 |
[14:54] | Yeah, but the pictures never turn out at the recital | 可是演出时不让开闪光灯 |
[14:56] | because they won’t let you use the flash. | 照出来都是模糊的 |
[14:58] | What do you mean? | 谁说的 |
[14:59] | I look so cute in this photo from last year. | 我去年这张照片多萌 |
[15:02] | Chloe, put on your costume. | 克洛伊 换衣服 |
[15:05] | Where is the good camera? | 好使的那个相机在哪儿呢 |
[15:06] | I think it’s in your office. | 好像在你办公室 |
[15:07] | Remember, we set it up on the timer | 上回咱设了定时器 |
[15:09] | to take that picture of me using the Force on you? | 拍我对你使霹雳掌的照片 还记得吗 |
[15:13] | Now! | 开拍 |
[15:17] | We’ll go get the camera. | 我们去拿 |
[15:19] | Chloe, get your costume on. | 克洛伊 换演出服 |
[15:23] | Whew, that was close. | 差点被逮住 |
[15:24] | They almost caught me and Robert having a little fun with their camera. | 我和罗伯特刚才在玩那个相机 |
[15:32] | Knockedy… | 有人 |
[15:33] | Please don’t say “knockedy” again. | 别再问”有人在家不”行不行 |
[15:36] | All right, I won’t. | 好吧 听你的 |
[15:40] | All right, I can’t say just one and leave it hanging. “Knockedy.” | 我受不了了 必须把下半句说完 在家不 |
[15:43] | Ha. There. Isn’t that better? | 好了 这下舒服了 |
[15:46] | Karl, you are the last person I want to see right now. | 卡尔 我现在不想见你 |
[15:49] | Avery, Stan told me. | 艾芙莉 斯坦都告诉我了 |
[15:52] | He told you? | 他泄密了 |
[15:54] | And if this is something that’s haunting your dreams, | 如果这个梦令你困扰 |
[15:56] | perhaps it’s something that we should explore. | 也许咱们的确该探讨一下 |
[16:00] | Perhaps it is. | 是啊 |
[16:13] | Ahh! | 娘啊 |
[16:14] | It is weird! | 真的很怪 |
[16:21] | I don’t know how glue is gonna fix the dress. | 胶水怎么就能让裙子焕然一新了 |
[16:24] | Do you have a better idea? | 你有啥更好的主意吗 |
[16:26] | If I just pat it down here, we can… | 把这儿摊平 就能 |
[16:30] | Okay, don’t freak out, but I think my hand is glued to your shoulder. | 别大惊小怪 我的手好像黏在你肩上了 |
[16:33] | Tyler! | 我的天哪 泰勒 |
[16:34] | I said don’t freak out. | 别大惊小怪 |
[16:36] | I can get some leverage if I push my hand off. | 我这样就能把手松开了 |
[16:43] | You just glued your other hand to my head, didn’t you? | 你另一只手也被黏住了 是吧 |
[16:45] | Yes. Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[16:47] | I can push off my with my… Stop! | -我可以使点劲 -别动了 |
[16:49] | Everything you do makes it worse. | 越搞越糟 |
[16:54] | Well, you called that one. Our sides are glued together. | 确实 咱们连侧身都黏在一起了 |
[16:56] | Okay, time for pictures. | 该拍照喽 |
[16:59] | Tyler, move out of the way. | 泰勒 让开 |
[17:00] | No, no. | 不要 |
[17:02] | I want to be in these pictures with Chloe. | 我想和克洛伊一起拍照 |
[17:04] | My little dancing sis who I love so much. | 我好爱这个多才多艺的妹妹 |
[17:07] | I’m so proud of you. So proud. | 我太为你骄傲了 |
[17:10] | That is so sweet. | 真温馨 |
[17:14] | Okay, now, Tyler, get out of the way. | 好了 泰勒 暂时让一下 |
[17:15] | I want to get some of her dancing. | 让你妹妹独舞一段 |
[17:18] | Or some of us dancing together. | 也可以我俩一起跳啊 |
[17:22] | Yeah. Whoo. | 对呀 |
[17:25] | I mean, yay! | 哎呀 真好玩 |
[17:28] | Kids, what is going on here? | 孩子们 这是咋回事 |
[17:31] | You know how you always say that brothers and sisters should stick together? | 不是有句俗话说 “兄妹连心 其利断金”吗 |
[17:38] | Okay, here’s your punishment. | 你们的惩罚措施来了 |
[17:40] | We called the dance studio and there are no more costumes | 我们给舞蹈班打了电话 |
[17:43] | for the princess number. | 公主服已经没了 |
[17:44] | But they do have extras for the tin soldier dance. | 倒是还剩几套小锡兵的服装 |
[17:48] | With the kindergarteners. | 你要和幼儿园小朋友一起跳 |
[17:55] | Take it from me, kids. | 孩子们 听长辈的 |
[17:56] | You don’t want to go behind your parents’ back. | 千万别瞒着你爸妈小偷小摸 |
[17:59] | I’ve been down that road. | 结果会惨不忍睹 |
[18:02] | And the choreography doesn’t work with an odd number of girls. | 可是舞蹈人数必须得是偶数 |
[18:05] | So your punishment, Tyler, is… | 所以泰勒 你的惩罚是 |
[18:22] | Mom, I need some advice. | 妈 我需要点建议 |
[18:24] | Of course. Sit. | 快坐 |
[18:26] | We’ll have cheesecake as I share my experiences, my wisdom, my love. | 在我对你谆谆教导的同时 再吃点乳酪蛋糕 |
[18:30] | I live for these moments when you come to me like this. | 每次你来找我 我都好激动 |
[18:33] | And I might do it more if you didn’t make such a big deal out of it. | 要是您不每次都搞那么夸张 我就更愿意来了 |
[18:42] | So what’s happenin’? Let’s chat. Break it down. | 咋地了 来 说吧 |
[18:46] | When you were younger, was there ever a boy you thought you didn’t like, | 你年轻时有没有遇过某个男孩 自以为他很讨厌 |
[18:50] | but maybe you really did, but you just didn’t know it? | 其实心里可能暗暗地喜欢他 |
[18:52] | What is some boy telling you? | 那某个男孩跟你说啥了 |
[18:55] | No, no, no, no one’s telling me anything. | 没有没有 没啥 |
[18:58] | I just might be confused. | 就是有点困惑 |
[19:00] | When you met Dad, how did you know you liked him? | 你认识老爸后 怎么知道你喜欢他的 |
[19:02] | Well, I didn’t know at first. | 一开始不知道 |
[19:04] | Not until the night of our first kiss. | 是在我们初吻那晚 |
[19:07] | He put his hand on my cheek. | 他捧着我的脸 |
[19:09] | I put my hand on his shoulder. | 我搂着他的肩 |
[19:11] | And as I closed my eyes, even before we kissed, I knew. | 即使我刚闭上眼睛 还没吻上 我就明白了 |
[19:17] | Wow. That’s really romantic. | 真的好浪漫 |
[19:19] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢了 妈 |
[19:21] | Any time. No big. It’s all good. | 跟我客气啥 |
[19:25] | I did not just advise you to kiss a boy. | 对了 我没建议你去吻男孩子 |
[19:27] | I knew before the kiss! | 我吻他之前就知道了 |
[19:28] | No kiss! No kiss! | 别吻任何人 |
[19:33] | Thanks for coming. | 你来了 多谢 |
[19:34] | I got your text that you needed to see me. | 我收到短信了 你想见我 |
[19:36] | I think I know why. | 我知道原因 |
[19:37] | Stan told me about your dream. | 斯坦给我讲你的梦了 |
[19:39] | He told you about the kissing and the hand licking? | 吻你和舔我手 |
[19:42] | What hand licking? Hand licking? I never said hand licking. | -舔你手 -你听错了吧 我啥也没说 |
[19:44] | I wasn’t getting all freaky with it. | 更没有胡思乱想 |
[19:48] | Ohh, this is so humiliating. | 老天 太丢人了 |
[19:50] | For both of us. | 我还不是一样 |
[19:51] | After Stan planted the idea in my head, I had the same dream. | 斯坦把这事告诉我以后 我也做了同样的梦 |
[19:55] | Only without your freaky hand licking. | 当然 没有你恶心的舔手片段 |
[19:59] | Wait. How do we know this isn’t a dream? | 等等 你咋知道现在不是个梦 |
[20:03] | There’s only one way to find out. | 咱们来验证一下吧 |
[20:07] | It’s not a dream. | 绝对是真的 |
[20:08] | Your fingers are like little vices! | 你手指头简直跟小钳子似的 |
[20:13] | You know, we’ll never get past this if we don’t explore whether or not | 如果咱们不亲身体验一下 永远不会知道 |
[20:17] | there’s any real feelings here. | 那个梦的寓意 |
[20:23] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[20:31] | He put his hand on my cheek. | 他捧着我的脸 |
[20:34] | I put my hand on his shoulder. | 我搂着他的肩 |
[20:36] | And as I closed my eyes, even before we kissed, | 即使我刚闭上眼睛 还没吻上 |
[20:40] | I knew. | 我就明白了 |
[20:41] | I know. | 我明白了 |
[20:43] | Just like with my mom, I know. | 和我妈一样 |
[20:47] | I could not be more repulsed right now | 即使用嘴吸满是臭汗的袜子 |
[20:48] | if I were sucking the sweat out of an old gym sock. | 也不会比现在更恶心了 |
[20:53] | Oh, Avery. | 噢 艾芙莉 |
[20:54] | I feel the exact same way. | 我有同感 |
[20:56] | Only I had licking the sludge from the hair trap in my sink. | 我宁可去舔积满污泥的水槽过滤器 |
[21:02] | So I’m gonna leave quickly now. | 我得赶紧走了 |
[21:03] | The quicker the better. Goodbye. | 越快越好 再见 |
[21:06] | Well, I bet you feel better now, don’t you? | 现在好受多了吧 |
[21:08] | Good for you, Avery. | 干得漂亮 艾芙莉 |
[21:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:11] | But we still have the little matter to discuss of you telling Karl about my dream. | 不过咱们还没谈你泄密的小事呢 |
[21:15] | But… | 可 |
[21:17] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[21:18] | This is all a dream. | 这还是个梦 |
[21:20] | I’m not really a talking dog. | 我其实根本不会说话 |
[21:22] | How crazy would that be? | 哪只狗会说话呀 |
[21:24] | It’s all a dream, dream, dream, a dream, dream, dream… | 全是个梦 梦 梦 |
[21:29] | But the part where you feed me table scraps is real, real, real… | 但你总喂我吃食物碎屑是真的 真的 |
[21:33] | So keep doing that. | 记得继续喂我哦 |
[21:36] | Well, Avery and Karl never did kiss. | 总而言之 艾芙莉和卡尔还是没有接吻 |
[21:39] | But I hope the whole thing brings them closer together. | 但我恳切地希望 他俩的关系能因此更融洽 |
[21:42] | Speaking of getting closer together… | 说到融洽 |
[21:46] | Kinda lonely in the house tonight, isn’t it, Stan? | 斯坦 今天晚上家里有点冷清啊 |
[21:49] | Just you and me. | 只剩咱俩了 |