英文名称:Downton Abbey
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:35] | All aboard! | 全体上车 |
[01:37] | All aboard! | 全体上车 |
[02:57] | 皇家邮政 | |
[03:22] | 唐顿庄园 | |
[04:01] | – Morning. – Special one today. | – 早上好 – 今天这封信有点特别 |
[04:05] | Blimey. | 天啊 |
[04:13] | What have you got there? | 你拿着什么呢 |
[04:15] | Wouldn’t you like to know. | 就不告诉你 |
[04:53] | Just arrived, milord. | 刚到的 老爷 |
[04:55] | There’s one from Buckingham Palace. | 里面有一封来自白金汉宫 |
[04:57] | Heavens. | 天啊 |
[04:59] | But we really need to cut back | 但我们真的需要节省开支 |
[05:02] | until the farms repay the investment. | 等到农场的投资有回报 |
[05:03] | And we must make a plan for the roof. | 并且我们需要为屋顶的事情计划一下 |
[05:05] | Well, this won’t help us to economize. | 这对我们的节约计划可没什么帮助 |
[05:07] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[05:09] | The king and queen are coming to stay. | 国王和王后今天要来我们这里留宿 |
[05:12] | What? | 什么 |
[05:14] | During their Yorkshire tour? | 在这次约克郡的巡视期间留宿吗 |
[05:16] | That’s it. Just for a night. | 是的 就住一晚 |
[05:17] | They’ll spend one night at Downton | 他们会在唐顿住一晚 |
[05:19] | And then go on to Harewood for a ball. | 然后去哈伍德参加舞会 |
[05:21] | While they’re here, | 在他们停留期间 |
[05:24] | there’s to be a parade of the Yorkshire Hussars in the village. | 镇上要举行约克郡轻骑兵阅兵式 |
[05:26] | Is there any chance Henry might be back? | 能把亨利叫回来吗 |
[05:28] | Well, I doubt it. | 我不确定 |
[05:30] | I’ll send a telegram. | 我会给他发封电报 |
[05:31] | But there’s a motor show in Chicago | 但芝加哥有个汽车展 |
[05:33] | That I know he cannot chuck. | 我知道他肯定不想错过 |
[05:34] | Tom, you’re keeping your enthusiasm under control. | Tom 你怎么显得一点都不激动呢 |
[05:38] | Is this the Irish patriot making a reappearance? | 是那位爱尔兰爱国者又冒出来了吗 |
[05:41] | I know you find my opinions highly entertaining. | 我知道你觉得我的想法是无稽之谈 |
[05:44] | I suppose they’ll send people to check | 他们大概要派人来确认一下 |
[05:46] | that Mrs. Patmore isn’t a Russian spy. | Patmore太太是不是俄国间谍 |
[05:49] | Will you tell them downstairs, Barrow? | Barrow 你可以通知一下楼下的人吗 |
[05:51] | I’ll see to her ladyship. Yes, milord. | 好的 老爷 我会去告诉夫人的 |
[05:56] | A royal luncheon, a parade and a dinner? | 皇家午宴 阅兵式 还有一顿晚宴 |
[05:58] | I’m going to have to sit down. | 我可得坐下来冷静冷静 |
[06:00] | – Oh, what about Mr. Branson? – What about him? | – 那Branson先生呢 – 他怎么了 |
[06:02] | Well, he’s a republican, isn’t he? | 他不是个共和党人吗 |
[06:04] | Should Mr. Carson look in, | 如果Carson先生过来 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1620个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:306个,六级词汇:128个,GRE词汇:157个,托福词汇:211个,考研词汇:317个,专四词汇:280个,专八词汇:55个, 所有生词标注共:592个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:06] | no one is to say that word in front of him. | 谁也不许在他面前说这个词 |
[06:08] | I agree with Mr. Branson. I don’t like kings, either. | 我同意Branson先生的观点 我也不喜欢国王 |
[06:11] | I suppose that makes me a republican, too. | 这是不是说明我也是共和党人 |
[06:13] | Are the English allowed to be? | 英国人允许成为共和党人吗 |
[06:26] | Two weeks to get ready? Holly. | 有两周的时间准备 天啊 |
[06:29] | It’s quite an honor. | 真是荣幸 |
[06:30] | It is. | 是啊 |
[06:30] | But if i know anything about royal visits, | 但根据我对皇室造访的了解 |
[06:33] | we will never stop changing our clothes. | 我们怕是得不停的换礼服了 |
[06:35] | I’ve just been on a buying spree, | 我刚刚去买了一大堆东西 |
[06:37] | Which is good. | 这样正好 |
[06:38] | Madame Handley-Seymour is making me a ball dress. | Handley-Seymour女士要为我做一套舞裙 |
[06:41] | – I’ll get her to hurry it up. – Have her send it here. | – 我会让她快点做的 – 让她直接寄到这边来 |
[06:43] | – How are things otherwise? – Oh, you know. | – 其他的事情怎么样 – 还是老样子 |
[06:46] | I’ve got a luncheon for 30 today in aid of the lifeboats. | 为了资助救生艇 今天中午有一场30人的午宴 |
[06:49] | Or is that tomorrow? | 还是明天来着 |
[06:51] | Anyway, it’s in aid of something. | 反正就是为了资助什么 |
[06:52] | Sounds like business as usual. | 听起来你还是那么忙 |
[06:54] | I’ll see you soon, darling. | 那我们回头见吧 亲爱的 |
[06:59] | You know I can bring back | 你知道我能想带回来多少蔬菜 |
[07:01] | As many vegetables as we could eat. | 就带回来多少蔬菜 |
[07:03] | Yeah. I like to keep busy. | 是啊 可我想找点事情做 |
[07:05] | How have they taken the news up at the house? | 大宅那边对这个消息有什么反应吗 |
[07:07] | Daisy’s singing “the marseillaise.” | Daisy都唱起了《马赛曲》 |
[07:09] | So no surprises there. | 毫不意外 |
[07:11] | Oh, what’s the matter? | 你这是什么表情 |
[07:14] | I thought you’d be pleased. | 我以为你会很高兴呢 |
[07:15] | I am pleased. | 我是高兴 |
[07:16] | The visit is a great honor. | 皇室到访是无上的荣幸 |
[07:19] | But members of the royal and imperial household | 但是皇室成员和皇室家人 |
[07:22] | are coming to downton who will have visited | 要来唐顿庄园 可他们肯定已经去过 |
[07:24] | the greatest houses in the land. | 全国最豪华的住宅了 |
[07:27] | Blenheim, Chatsworth, Arundel. | Blenheim庄园 Chatsworth庄园 Arundel庄园 |
[07:29] | Does Mr. Barrow know what he’s taking on? | Barrow先生能理解到他的责任之大吗 |
[07:31] | Why should it affect you? | 这跟你有什么关系呢 |
[07:33] | You’re not in charge anymore. | 你已经不是管家了 |
[07:35] | Now, come in for your lunch and let me get back. | 现在 快进去吃你的午饭吧 收拾完了我要回大宅了 |
[07:40] | All right, sir, here we are. | 先生 我们到了 |
[07:50] | This will do very well. Thank you. | 这里很合适 谢谢你 |
[08:15] | The lady Bagshaw, your majesty. | Bagshaw夫人来了 陛下 |
[08:17] | Good. | 好的 |
[08:19] | We’ll go to the 1844 room as soon as they’re here. | 等他们来了 我们就去1844号房 |
[08:23] | Do sit down. | 请坐 |
[08:27] | I’ve just received the plan for the tour of Yorkshire, ma’am | 陛下 我刚刚拿到了约克郡的出行计划书 |
[08:30] | Yes. it’s just been finalized. | 是的 刚刚定下来 |
[08:32] | I think we’ll enjoy it. | 我觉得会很愉快的 |
[08:33] | I didn’t realize we would be staying at Downton Abbey. | 我不知道我们还要再唐顿庄园留宿 |
[08:36] | Only for a night. | 只是一夜而已 |
[08:37] | There’s to be a parade and a dinner, | 看一场阅兵 吃一顿晚宴 |
[08:39] | And then we go on to princess Mary at Harewood. | 然后我们就去哈伍德看望Mary公主 |
[08:43] | I just wondered if i might, perhaps, | 我有一个建议 也许您可以考虑一下 |
[08:45] | go straight to Harewood. | 直接去哈伍德怎么样 |
[08:47] | Lord Grantham is my cousin, | Grantham伯爵是我的表亲 |
[08:49] | And the two families have… | 而我们两家人 |
[08:51] | fallen out. | 有些不睦 |
[08:53] | Or at least we might if I were there in person. | 至少 我和他见面会有些不愉快的 |
[08:56] | And what would cause this quarrel? | 那会是为什么吵起来呢 |
[08:59] | Lord Grantham’s mother believes her son should be my heir. | Grantham伯爵的母亲认为她儿子应该是我的继承人 |
[09:01] | Old lady Grantham can be very hard to resist, | Grantham老夫人是有点难相处 |
[09:05] | As I am well aware. | 这点我是知道的 |
[09:07] | Exactly, ma’am. | 是这样的 陛下 |
[09:09] | But, surely, they need to know | 但是 如果他们的希望注定落空 |
[09:10] | If their hopes are to be disappointed. | 他们也必须享有知情权 |
[09:15] | I wish I knew if they like simple food or fancy. | 我真希望我知道他们喜欢简单的食物还是精致的 |
[09:18] | I can’t think they’ll want simple food. | 我觉得他们肯定不会想要简单的 |
[09:21] | With that sort, don’t they like sauces | 他们那些人 应该喜欢酱汁 |
[09:23] | and everything velouté and frappé and smothered in cream? | 还有那些浓汤 冰镇饮料 上面都盖上轻奶油 |
[09:26] | “that sort”? He’s the king of England. | 那些人 他可是英国的国王 |
[09:28] | There’s only one of them in the world. | 全世界就这么一个 |
[09:30] | “that sort,” indeed. | 还那些人呢 |
[09:31] | Don’t plan too much. | 别计划的太复杂 |
[09:33] | Not until we know what’s expected. | 等我们了解清楚了再说 |
[09:35] | Well, I know what’s expected of me… food. | 我很清楚对我有什么要求 就是食物 |
[09:38] | You, too, Daisy. So less philosophy, more elbow grease. | 还有你 Daisy 少埋怨了 多干点活儿吧 |
[09:41] | – Is the pudding ready? – It is. | – 布丁准备好了吗 – 好了 |
[09:43] | Oh, Daisy, take the soufflés out of the oven | 对了 Daisy 把舒芙蕾从烤炉里取出来 |
[09:45] | While I find me specs. | 我要去拿眼镜 |
[09:46] | This country needs a shake-up. | 这个国家需要改变 |
[09:48] | Ah, you should run for parliament. | 你怎么不去参加议会呢 |
[09:50] | Why not? Lady Astor’s done it. | 为什么不呢 Astor 女士就这么做了 |
[09:52] | And so an under-cook from Yorkshire is bound to follow her. | 所以一个约克郡的厨娘就能跟上她的脚步吗 |
[09:56] | Well, you’ve got to have big dreams. | 你至少得有个大的梦想嘛 |
[09:57] | But do you have big dreams, Andy? | 那你有什么大梦想吗 Andy |
[09:59] | I’ve not offended you, have I? | 我没有惹你生气 对吧 |
[10:01] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么问 |
[10:02] | Well, for a start, you never talk about the wedding anymore. | 首先 你现在都不提我们婚礼的事情了 |
[10:05] | We’ll get wed when we’re good and ready and not before. | 等我们准备好了再谈结婚的事情 现在还早 |
[10:07] | But, you see, I am ready. | 但是 我已经准备好了 |
[10:10] | Take those up before they collapse. | 快把这个端上去 一会儿要塌了 |
[10:16] | Maud Bagshaw is coming to Downton? | Maud Bagshaw要来唐顿吗 |
[10:20] | Yes, as the queen’s lady-in-waiting. | 是的 作为王后的侍女 |
[10:22] | Oh, my goodness. | 老天爷 |
[10:24] | Why so surprised? Who is she? | 怎么这么惊讶 她是什么人 |
[10:26] | Well, she’s a cousin of your father’s. | 她是你父亲的表亲 |
[10:30] | We’ll-we’ll discuss it later. | 我们稍后再说吧 |
[10:33] | You’re not to make things awkward. | 您可别把事情弄的尴尬了 |
[10:34] | How’s it all going? | 准备的怎么样了 |
[10:36] | Well, Mary’s got it under control. | 一切都在Mary的掌握之中 |
[10:37] | Hardly. There’s so much to do. | 才没有 太多事情要做了 |
[10:39] | Who were those men measuring on the green as we came past? | 我们进来的时候看到有人在丈量草坪 他们是谁 |
[10:42] | They’re building the dais for the queen at the parade. | 他们在建阅兵式时王后的讲台 |
[10:44] | – Oh, how exciting. – Seems rather a waste of money. | – 真叫人激动 – 感觉完全是浪费钱 |
[10:47] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[10:48] | Isn’t that what the monarchy’s for? | 王室不就是这样的吗 |
[10:50] | To brighten the lives of the nation | 用他们的威严和魅力 |
[10:52] | With stateliness and glamour? | 照亮国民的生活 |
[10:54] | To quote Tennyson, “kind hearts are more than coronets, | 用Tennyson先生的话说 仁心贵于冠冕 |
[10:58] | And simple faith than norman blood.” | 信仰胜于血统 |
[11:00] | Will you have enough clichés to get you through the visit? | 你为这次的到访准备了足够多的客套话吗 |
[11:04] | If not, I’ll come to you. | 如果不够了 我会向你请教的 |
[11:10] | Thank you, Barrow. | 谢谢你 Barrow |
[11:12] | And, now, you were gonna tell us about Lady Bagshaw. | 现在 告诉我们Bagshaw女公爵的事情吧 |
[11:15] | Is she a very distant cousin? | 她是一个很远房的表亲吗 |
[11:16] | No. Her father was my great uncle. | 不算远 她的父亲是我的祖伯父 |
[11:18] | Then why have I never heard of her? | 那我怎么都没听说过她 |
[11:20] | Because she chose to cut herself off from the family. | 因为她选择和她的家族断绝联系 |
[11:24] | – Do you know the reason? – Maybe. | – 您知道为什么吗 – 也许吧 |
[11:27] | See, I believe she means to cheat your father | 我认为她有意剥夺你父亲的 |
[11:30] | Of his rightful inheritance. | 合法继承权 |
[11:33] | She has no children. | 她没有孩子 |
[11:34] | Your father is her nearest relation. | 而你父亲是她最近的亲戚 |
[11:36] | I won’t have her put on the spot. | 我并不想为难她 |
[11:39] | You’re plotting something. | 你在谋划什么 |
[11:40] | I see a machiavellian look in your eye. | 我看到你狡猾的马基雅弗利式眼神了 |
[11:42] | Machiavelli is frequently underrated. | 马基雅弗利一直被低估了 |
[11:45] | He had many qualities. | 他有很多特性 |
[11:48] | So did Caligula, not all of them charming. | 卡利古拉也有很多特点 但可谈不上什么优秀 |
[11:50] | What are you up to, granny? | 您想做什么呢 奶奶 |
[11:53] | Well, ideally, I would like maud to see your father | 最好呢 是Maud能把你的父亲 |
[11:58] | As the son she never had. | 看待成自己的儿子 |
[12:00] | Will she be the mother I never had? | 那我不是凭空多出来一个母亲了吗 |
[12:02] | Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. | 讽刺是最低级的智慧 |
[12:11] | – Hello – Mr. Molesley. | – 你好 – Molesley先生 |
[12:13] | It’s very late for you to be out. | 都这么晚了你还出来 |
[12:15] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[12:17] | Is what true, Mr. Molesley? | 什么是真的吗 Molesley先生 |
[12:18] | Mr. Bakewell said that you’d warned him | Bakewell先生说你告诉他 |
[12:20] | That there was to be a royal visit. | 皇室马上要到访了 |
[12:22] | Well, now I know who not to trust with a secret. | 这下我知道谁是没法保守秘密的人了 |
[12:25] | That we should deserve such honor. | 我们居然能有如此荣幸 |
[12:28] | Not you, too. I am disappointed. | 你怎么也这样 我太失望了 |
[12:29] | – Ignore her. – I wonder, do you think | – 别搭理她 – 我在想 你说能不能 |
[12:31] | I might be allowed to slip on my livery again? | 让我再穿一次我的制服呢 |
[12:33] | Would the school let you? | 学校会放你走吗 |
[12:34] | Oh, they’ll give me time for this, I promise. | 这次肯定会批准我请假的 我保证 |
[12:36] | Let’s wait till we know our orders. | 等我们知道要求了再说吧 |
[12:38] | What about it, Mr. Barrow? | 可以吗 Barrow先生 |
[12:40] | Will you let me wait upon my king and queen? | 你能允许我为国王和王后服务吗 |
[12:42] | Uh, well… | 这个 |
[12:44] | That’s us. | 叫我们了 |
[12:46] | Good night, mr. molesley. | 晚安 Molesley先生 |
[12:48] | When we’re done, shall I fetch Johnny | 等这边忙完了 是我去接Johnny |
[12:50] | – or will you? – I can fetch him. | – 还是你去 – 我可以去接他 |
[12:52] | How exciting. | 太激动了 |
[12:54] | – Thank you. – They’re all mental. | – 谢谢 – 他们疯了吗 |
[12:56] | All this fuss for a man and woman we don’t even know. | 为了一对我们都不认识的男女这么大费周章的 |
[12:58] | No, never mind that. I wanted to tell you. | 别管那个了 我跟你说 |
[13:00] | I’ve had some ideas about what to serve at your wedding. | 我想到了在你的婚礼上准备什么菜式了 |
[13:03] | Stop going on about my wedding. | 别再提我的婚礼了 |
[13:16] | We’ve only a few days left, | 我们只剩几天的准备时间了 |
[13:18] | so I spoke to her ladyship, and she’s agreed | 我和夫人谈了一下 她同意 |
[13:21] | Our normal rules should be suspended. | 把我们平时的规矩暂时搁置一边 |
[13:23] | We won’t clean a room if a family member is using it, | 有人在用房间的时候我们不进行打扫 |
[13:27] | But, otherwise, all restrictions are lifted. | 但除此之外 其他的限制都解除 |
[13:30] | No detail should be left undone, however small. | 不论大小 一切的细节 都要照顾完美 |
[13:33] | I want every surface in this house | 我希望这个宅子里的所有地方 |
[13:35] | To gleam and sparkle by Thursday. | 在周四前都清理的光亮如新 |
[13:38] | Blimey. | 天啊 |
[13:40] | Can i have your attention, please? | 麻烦大家静一下 谢谢 |
[13:42] | Uh, for this afternoon, | 今天下午 |
[13:44] | Their majesties’ butler, Mr. Wilson, | 陛下的管家 Wilson先生 |
[13:45] | Will be coming over from Raby Castle | 将会带着一名女仆一名男仆 |
[13:47] | With a lady’s maid and a valet. | 从雷比城堡过来 |
[13:49] | To give us our instructions? | 向我们传达指示吗 |
[13:51] | With the royal servants, are we to wait on them? | 那些皇室仆人 需要我们服侍吗 |
[13:53] | That is what will be made clear. | 等他们来了就知道了 |
[13:55] | I won’t be waiting on any valets and lady’s maids, | 我才不会服侍什么贴身仆人 |
[13:58] | Thank you very much. | 真是多谢了 |
[13:59] | Before we get hot under the collar, let’s just wait and see what they have to say. | 我们先不要着急上火 等他们来了看他们怎么说 |
[14:01] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[14:14] | Mr. Branson. | Branson先生 |
[14:41] | Can I help you, sir? | 有什么需要的吗 先生 |
[14:44] | It’s really you I came to see. | 我就是来见你的 |
[14:46] | – Oh. well, how can I help you, mister…? – Chetwode. | – 需要我做什么吗 先生 – Chetwode |
[14:49] | Major Chetwode. | Chetwode少校 |
[14:50] | Am I right you’re Mr. Branson, Lord Grantham’s son-in-law? | 我猜对了吗 你是Branson先生 Grantham爵士的女婿 |
[14:53] | I am. | 是的 |
[14:55] | The, uh… the papers tell me the king and queen | 报纸上说 国王和王后在约克郡巡游期间 |
[14:57] | Will be staying at Downton Abbey during their tours of Yorkshire. | 要在唐顿庄园小住 |
[15:00] | Well, if it’s in the papers, it must be true. | 如果报纸上这么说了 那肯定是真的了 |
[15:02] | Yes. Great honor. | 是啊 无上荣耀 |
[15:04] | Although, as an Irish man, you may feel differently. | 但作为一个爱尔兰人 你可能不这么觉得 |
[15:06] | I know when my parents-in-law have been paid a compliment. | 我知道这是皇家给予我岳父母家庭的荣耀 |
[15:09] | Well, there’s to be a military parade, I gather. | 而且还会有一场阅兵 对吧 |
[15:11] | How do you… how do you feel about that? | 你对这个 有什么看法吗 |
[15:13] | What do you mean, how do I feel? | 什么意思 我应该有什么看法吗 |
[15:15] | Only you didn’t say whether you support them, | 你并没有说你是否是他们的支持者 |
[15:17] | The… king and queen. | 国王和王后 |
[15:20] | I support Lord Grantham. | 我忠于Grantham爵士 |
[15:23] | Very neat. | 很好 |
[15:28] | Until we meet again, Mr. Branson. | 后会有期 Branson先生 |
[15:39] | Ah, Barrow. they said you’d be in here. | Barrow 他们说你在这里 |
[15:42] | Heavens. we can still put on quite a show | 天啊 有需要的时候 |
[15:44] | When we need to, I’m glad to see. | 我们还能一展所长 真开心 |
[15:46] | Has it all been cleaned? | 都清理过了吗 |
[15:48] | More or less everything’s been done to a basic level, milady. | 每个地方进行了基本的清理 小姐 |
[15:50] | But we haven’t done the final buffing-up. | 但最后的收尾工作还没有完成 |
[15:52] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[15:53] | I was waiting for their majesties’ butler. | 我是在等陛下的管家 |
[15:56] | I thought I’d ask his advice on what to use on the table. | 我想问问他桌上应该怎么布置 |
[15:59] | Really? | 是吗 |
[16:01] | Can’t we decide what we lay on our own dining table? | 我们自己不能决定自己家的餐桌要怎么布置吗 |
[16:07] | Front doorbell, Mr. Barrow. | 正门那边需要你 Barrow先生 |
[16:09] | Please, go. | 去吧 |
[16:10] | Milady. | 是 小姐 |
[16:21] | Greetings, Mr. Wilson. | 你好 Wilson先生 |
[16:22] | Welcome to Downton Abbey. | 欢迎来到唐顿庄园 |
[16:34] | Uh, this way, Mr. Wilson. | 这边请 Wilson先生 |
[16:50] | The royal butler’s terribly scary. | 那个皇室管家好吓人 |
[16:52] | Barrow looked like a rabbit in front of a cobra. | Barrow看起来就像见到眼镜蛇的兔子 |
[16:55] | Oh, dear. should I go down? | 天啊 需要我下去吗 |
[16:57] | They know what they’re doing. | 他们知道该怎么做的 |
[16:58] | Do they? They’re hideously behind. | 是吗 他们的工作严重滞后 |
[17:00] | There’s a mark on the blue room carpet we can’t shift. | 那个蓝房的地毯上有块怎么也弄不掉的污渍 |
[17:03] | I have no chairs for the parade. | 我也还没给阅兵式找到椅子 |
[17:05] | And we haven’t even decided on the footmen. | 男侍从的人选也还没有定下来 |
[17:06] | I’m going to have another cup, | 我自己再倒杯茶吧 |
[17:08] | if no one’s coming up to serve. | 反正也没人上来服侍我 |
[17:09] | This is nice. | 真不错 |
[17:11] | Princess Mary wants us for tea tomorrow at Harewood. | Mary公主邀请我们明天去哈伍德喝下午茶 |
[17:14] | Ugh, I’ve got so much to do. | 我还有一堆事呢 |
[17:15] | I wonder if that means the young couple | 不知道这是不是说明这对年轻的夫妇 |
[17:17] | Have taken over the big house. | 搬进了大宅里面 |
[17:18] | They’re hardly “the young couple.” | 他们可算不上年轻的夫妇了 |
[17:20] | Well, he isn’t, anyway. | 至少他不算 |
[17:21] | She always seems quite shy to me. | 她在我面前一直很羞涩 |
[17:24] | A shy royal? | 羞涩的皇室成员 |
[17:25] | Is that an oxymoron? | 这不是自相矛盾吗 |
[17:26] | Anyway, we’re going. | 反正 我们要去 |
[17:28] | Right. | 好吧 |
[17:30] | I will return to Raby Castle and come back to Downton | 我要回一趟雷比承包 会在下周四 |
[17:33] | In advance of their majesties on thursday. | 陛下到来之前回到唐顿庄园 |
[17:35] | But his majesty’s valet, Mr. Ellis, | 但陛下的贴身男仆 Ellis先生 |
[17:37] | And her majesty’s dresser, Miss Lawton, | 和陛下的服装师 Lawton女士 |
[17:39] | Will stay on, if that is convenient. | 如果可以的话 将留在庄园里 |
[17:41] | Or they can put up in the village. | 当然 他们也可以在镇上住 |
[17:42] | No, we’ll find them rooms. | 没关系 我们会给他们准备房间 |
[17:44] | Then Monsieur Courbet, the chef… | 还有主厨Courbet先生… |
[17:46] | E-excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:47] | – Mr. Courbet, the chef? – That’s right. | Courbet先生是主厨 没错 |
[17:50] | We’d be very grateful if you could make the kitchens ready. | 希望你能准备好厨房 我们将不胜感激 |
[17:52] | So, what should I order? | 那我要订购哪些食材 |
[17:54] | Nothing. He will bring it all. | 不用 他会带齐的 |
[17:56] | And we don’t cook any of the food? | 我们不用做饭吗 |
[17:58] | Um, cook for the servants. | 做给下人吃就好 |
[18:00] | Monsieur Courbet won’t have time for that. | Courbet先生没空做 |
[18:03] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[18:04] | That is something to look forward to. | 真是让人期待呢 |
[18:05] | Calm yourself, Mrs. Patmore. | 安静点 Patmore太太 |
[18:07] | If it’s the way these things are done… | 入乡随俗 |
[18:09] | Mrs. Webb and four footmen will arrive | Webb太太和四名男仆 |
[18:11] | With Monsieur Courbet the day before. | 将提前一晚和Courbet先生一同过来 |
[18:13] | Who is this… | Webb太太 是吗 |
[18:14] | Mrs. webb, is it? | 她是谁 |
[18:16] | She is the housekeeper. | 她是女管家 |
[18:17] | She will also bring two maids with her. | 她会带两名女仆过来 |
[18:20] | The housekeeper? | 女管家 |
[18:21] | While their majesties are here. | 在国王和王后陛下拜访期间 |
[18:24] | And the maids? | 女仆呢 |
[18:24] | They will make the beds, | 他们铺床 |
[18:26] | Clean the bathrooms… that sort of thing. | 打扫浴室 等等 |
[18:28] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[18:30] | So, my maids and I will not be involved in the preparations? | 所以 我们这儿的女仆和我不参与筹备 |
[18:34] | You mean, during the stay, you’ll be the butler, and… | 你是说 在这期间你就是管家 而 |
[18:37] | Excuse me. I am not a butler. | 抱歉 我可不是管家 |
[18:40] | I am the king’s page of the backstairs. | 我是国王陛下的男侍主管 |
[18:46] | So, our staff has nothing to do? | 所以 我们的人什么都不用做 |
[18:47] | I’m sure they can be useful. | 肯定有用得上的地方 |
[18:49] | But how can they eat and get dressed at Raby castle | 但厨师 男仆 女仆都来的话 |
[18:52] | If the chef and the valet and the maid are all here? | 他们要怎么在Raby城堡用餐和更衣呢 |
[18:55] | We have two of each. | 我们有两批人 |
[18:56] | The principal valet and the principal dresser | 一等男仆女仆 |
[18:58] | Will arrive in advance of their majesties, | 会带着一名侍从 一位侍女 |
[19:00] | Who bring an equerry, a lady-in-waiting, | 两名警员和两名司机 |
[19:03] | Two detectives and two chauffeurs. | 在国王王后陛下之前过来 |
[19:05] | The other chef goes from Raby to Harewood. | 另一批由厨师带着四个男仆 |
[19:08] | Four footmen go with him, and the other four come here. | 从Raby去Harewood 换四个男仆过来 |
[19:12] | Do you all understand me? | 你们听明白了吗 |
[19:18] | You can hardly heckle lady bagshaw | 你可不能在王后面前 |
[19:21] | In front of the queen. | 质问bagshaw小姐 |
[19:22] | Well, I’m just trying to prevent a crime. | 我只是在阻止犯罪 |
[19:24] | – who says it’s a crime? – I do. | 谁说这是犯罪了 我说的 |
[19:26] | Oh, and you’re an expert in the matter? | 你很懂这个嘛 |
[19:29] | I am an expert in every matter. | 我什么都懂 |
[19:31] | You must have some idea | 你必须了解一下 |
[19:33] | Why she doesn’t want robert as her heir. | 她为什么不让Robert当继承人 |
[19:35] | I have none. | 我不了解 |
[19:37] | He is her closest relative. | 他和她最亲 |
[19:39] | The family have held brompton for three centuries. | 这个家族已经掌控brompton三百多年了 |
[19:42] | But she wants to give it to who? | 但她想转让给谁 |
[19:44] | Charity? | 捐了吗 |
[19:45] | The dogs’ home? | 当狗舍吗 |
[19:47] | – Well, I would have thought | 我想着 |
[19:48] | The family had enough to worry about. | 这个家族已经有够多的事情要操心 |
[19:50] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[19:51] | Well, very well. | 行吧 |
[19:53] | We must try and discover her reasons. | 我们试着去问问缘由 |
[19:55] | Well, what possible reasons can there be? | 还能有什么缘由 |
[19:58] | Well, that’s what I intend to find out. | 我正想弄清楚呢 |
[20:13] | – Carson. – My lady. | Carson 小姐 |
[20:15] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[20:17] | This is an honor. | 真荣幸 |
[20:19] | I don’t want to be a nuisance, but I need your help, Carson. | 我不想讨人厌 但我需要你帮我 Carson |
[20:22] | Barrow just isn’t up to the task. | Barrow无法胜任 |
[20:24] | – My lady? – He won’t clean the silver. | 什么 他不肯清洗银器 |
[20:27] | – or he won’t let andrew clean it. – what? | 他也不让Andrew清洗 什么 |
[20:29] | He says the page of the… thingummy | 他说由什么侍者 |
[20:31] | – will choose which pieces to use. – I see. | 来决定用哪些银器 我明白了 |
[20:34] | The truth is, he’s in a sort of trance. | 事实上 他有点迷糊 |
[20:37] | Won’t you help me? | 你会帮我吗 |
[20:39] | I feel I’m pushing a rock uphill. | 我感觉像在推石头上山 |
[20:40] | I’ll be there in the morning, my lady. don’t you worry. | 我明早到 小姐 你别担心 |
[20:44] | You’re a treasure, Carson. That’s all there is to say. | 你是个不可多得的人才 Carson 没得说 |
[20:46] | I’ll see myself out. | 我先走了 |
[20:51] | – you could never refuse her anything. | 你没法拒绝她任何事 |
[20:54] | And what about Mr. Barrow? | Barrow先生怎么办 |
[20:56] | Mr. barrow can like it or lump it. | Barrow先生不忍也得忍 |
[20:58] | Then I’m afraid he’ll lump it. | 恐怕他得忍着了 |
[21:03] | We have supper after the upstairs dinner, | 楼上用餐完我们就吃饭 |
[21:04] | So you’ve plenty of time. | 所以你很闲 |
[21:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:08] | How does it work with two valets? | 两名男仆要怎么干活 |
[21:11] | Well, I prepare his majesty’s clothes | 我给国王准备在Downton的 |
[21:13] | and uniforms for downton | 便服和制服 |
[21:14] | Then, when Mr. Miller arrives, | Miller先生来之后 |
[21:16] | I get the stuff for Harewood ready. | 我就准备好在Harewood的衣物 |
[21:17] | Then i head back to London and prepare for their return. | 然后我就回伦敦等他们回来 |
[21:20] | – It all overlaps. – So, Mr. Miller’s | 我们职责一样 所以Miller先生 |
[21:23] | the one who actually dresses the king? | 才是真正给国王更衣的人 |
[21:24] | Unless he’s ill. then it’s me. | 他病了就是我 |
[21:26] | Is he often ill? | 他经常生病吗 |
[21:28] | No. | 不 |
[21:33] | I think it’s rubbish. they impose, they demand, | 真是无稽之谈 他们发号施令 |
[21:36] | And now we’re to be made nothing in our own house. | 然后我们在自己的地盘啥也不能干 |
[21:38] | It’s very disappointing, I won’t deny it. | 是挺扫兴的 我承认 |
[21:41] | This water’s not too hot. | 水不够热 |
[21:43] | Have they all been having baths? | 他们都在洗澡吗 |
[21:44] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[21:46] | Mr. Barrow, do you think you should speak to them, don’t you? | Barrow先生 你得跟他们说一下 不是吗 |
[21:49] | – About what? – Well, it’s not right, surely, | 说什么 毫无疑问 |
[21:52] | For us to be humiliated in this way. | 他们不该这样羞辱我们 |
[21:53] | Well, what could he do about it? | 我们能怎么着 |
[21:55] | Is the staff always ridden over roughshod | 难道每次皇室来 |
[21:57] | Whenever royalty come to stay? | 我们都得受欺辱吗 |
[21:58] | Why do they bring so many servants with them? | 他们为什么要带这么多仆人 |
[22:00] | Maybe it’s because they go from house to house | 或许是因为 |
[22:01] | Around the county and they need to know | 他们要在全国各地过 |
[22:02] | Things are done the way they like. | 得确保一切顺他们的意 |
[22:04] | – As if we couldn’t manage that. – we’re not footballs, | 说得像我们做不到一样 我们又不是足球 |
[22:06] | But what Mr. Bates, and we don’t deserve a kicking. | Bates先生 我们不该挨踢 |
[22:21] | What do we say to Barrow? After all, he’s done nothing wrong. | 我们怎么跟Barrow说呢 他又没做错什么 |
[22:24] | He’s done nothing at all. That’s the problem. | 问题是 他什么都没干 |
[22:26] | But it feels very unfair. | 但这很不公平 |
[22:30] | Oh, I see. | 我懂了 |
[22:31] | So it’s now | 所以是现在 |
[22:32] | I’ve sent down for Mr. Barrow to join us, my lord. | 我已经派人去请barrow先生过来了 老爷 |
[22:36] | You wanted to see me, my lord? | 你找我有事 老爷 |
[22:38] | Mr. Carson! | Carson先生 |
[22:40] | What brings you here? | 你怎么来了 |
[22:42] | Well, this is the thing. | 额 是这样的 |
[22:44] | Carson is going to move back into the house | 为迎接皇室 |
[22:46] | For the royal visit. | Carson要回来了 |
[22:49] | What? | 什么 |
[22:50] | You are coming back here as butler | 我还是这儿的管家 |
[22:52] | When I am the butler here? | 而你要回来管家了 |
[22:53] | Yes, uh, that is… | 是的 这是 |
[22:56] | Can I ask how long this has been planned, milord? | 我能问一下这事你们商量多久了 老爷 |
[22:58] | Well, I wouldn’t say it’s been exactly planned. | 其实没怎么商量 |
[22:59] | Because I don’t quite understand | 因为我没弄明白 |
[23:01] | Where it leaves me. | 我该何去何从 |
[23:02] | – well, you can be a sort of… – With your permission, | 你可以当个 要是您同意的话 |
[23:04] | I’d prefer not to be a “sort of” anything, my lord. | 我宁愿不当个别的什么 老爷 |
[23:08] | I will surrender my position | 必要的话 我会在访问期间 |
[23:09] | For the duration of the visit, if I must, | 让出我的职位 |
[23:12] | And serve you again when their majesties | 等国王王后离开后 |
[23:14] | Have gone, if you so wish. | 您愿意的话 再来服侍您 |
[23:15] | – Please don’t think that… – By the way, | 请不用觉得 对了 |
[23:18] | The boiler’s playing up, and there’s no hot water. | 锅炉坏了 没有热水了 |
[23:21] | – God, that’s all we need. | 天呐 这样就好 |
[23:23] | Now, Barrow… | Barrow 现在 |
[23:25] | Not to worry. the plumber will soon have it mended, | 别担心 修理工很快会修好的 |
[23:28] | My lady, and we’ll bring water jugs | 小姐 今晚和明早 |
[23:30] | Up to the bedrooms tonight and in the morning. | 水壶会送到浴室的 |
[23:32] | It can’t be that hard. | 没什么难的 |
[23:33] | We did it for 300 years. | 三百年来都是如此 |
[23:36] | Thank you, carson. | 谢谢你 Carson |
[23:38] | Well, that went well. | 这下好了 |
[23:40] | Will you sack him? | 你要解雇他吗 |
[23:42] | No. as a matter of fact, I was quite interested. | 不 事实上 我很好奇 |
[23:45] | I never thought of him as a man of principle before. | 我以前没觉得他这么重要 |
[23:52] | I have to tell him I’m only ordering for the servants’ hall. | 我必须告诉他我只买仆人的份了 |
[23:56] | I’m afraid I’ve got his hopes up. | 我害怕让他有了盼头 |
[24:00] | Oh, speak of the devil. | 说到这家伙 |
[24:02] | Come in, come in. I was just saying you’ll be wanting | 进来 进来 我刚还在说 |
[24:05] | – to finalize the order. – Were you, indeed? | 你要确定订单了 是吗 真的吗 |
[24:07] | Honestly, no one in the village | 老实说 村子里 |
[24:08] | – can talk about anything else. – Of course. | 没人谈论别的事 当然 |
[24:09] | Oh, now, I know it’s a bit of liberty | 我知道这有点自作主张 |
[24:11] | but I’ve made a list of all the ingredients | 不过我列了个单子 |
[24:13] | of your favorite dishes. | 有你最爱的菜式所需的所有配料 |
[24:14] | I know them well enough after all these years. | 这么多年我都摸清了 |
[24:16] | But some things will have to be brought in, | 但应该还得添点东西 |
[24:18] | So we should really get on with it. | 我们得继续看看 |
[24:20] | Oh, well, I appreciate everything you’ve done, Mr. Bakewell… | bakewell先生 我很感激您做的这一切 |
[24:24] | My heart is fit to burst, | 不瞒你说 |
[24:27] | I don’t mind telling you. | 我的心都快跳出来了 |
[24:29] | I shall have fed the king-emperor | 国王要来品尝 |
[24:31] | From my own shop. | 我店里的东西了 |
[24:33] | If only my father were alive. | 要是我父亲还在 |
[24:35] | He’d be so proud of me. He would. | 他会为我感到骄傲的 他会的 |
[24:38] | Well, I-I’m sure he’d be proud of you anyway, Mr. Bakewell. | 我敢肯定怎样他都会为你感到骄傲Bakewell先生 |
[24:41] | Oh, no, no, not like this, no. | 不 不 不 不会像这样 |
[24:43] | This is the peak of my career. | 这是我事业的顶峰 |
[24:46] | Well, the peak of my life, really. | 也是我人生的顶峰 |
[24:49] | Everyone’s so jealous. | 别人都很羡慕 |
[24:51] | Oh, now, I’ve put ticks | 我把我觉得你用得上的 |
[24:53] | Next to the ones I think you’ll go for. | 都贴了标记 |
[24:55] | – Now, the thing is… – I’m guessing the luncheon | 是这样的 我猜午餐大概 |
[24:57] | will be for around a dozen. | 会有十二位 |
[24:58] | Of course, the dinner will be larger. | 当然 晚餐应该有更多人 |
[25:00] | Let’s say 30 or thereabouts? | 大概30人是有的 |
[25:02] | – You’ll correct me if I’m wrong. | 没算错吧 |
[25:03] | – Well, you see… – You’re not wrong, Mr. Bakewell. | 其实 你没算错 bakewell先生 |
[25:05] | But we’ll say if the numbers change. | 要是人数变了我们再告诉你 |
[25:08] | The pavlova’s not realistic. | 做奶油蛋白甜饼不现实 |
[25:10] | We’d be safer with a charlotte russe. | 俄式奶油蛋糕更有把握一点 |
[25:11] | We can do most of the work before. | 准备工作大都可以先做 |
[25:13] | And I shall be serving! Think of that! | 而我要去上菜 想想看 |
[25:15] | I have danced with a man | 我和一个男人共舞 |
[25:16] | who’s danced with a girl | 他曾和一个女孩共舞 |
[25:17] | who’s dance with the Prince of Wales | 这女孩曾和Wales王子共舞 |
[25:19] | – I’m crazy with excitement – Stop it, Mr. Mosly | – 我激动不已 – 停下Mosly先生 |
[25:21] | completely off the rails | 神魂颠倒 |
[25:24] | All of my suppliers are so excited. | 我的供货商们都很兴奋 |
[25:27] | Oh, Mrs. Patmore, | Patmore太太啊 |
[25:29] | I shall never be able | 我这辈子活到一百岁 |
[25:31] | To thank you enough, not if i live to be 100. | 都还不清你的恩情 |
[25:37] | I feel like a liar. | 我感觉我骗了他们 |
[25:39] | I should go back. | 我得回去 |
[25:40] | And lower yourself to a kitchen skivvy | 然后给大家看 |
[25:43] | In the eyes of the village? | 你在厨房干粗活吗 |
[25:44] | Never mind ruining Mr. Bakewell’s year. | 忍心毁了Bakewell先生的心情 |
[25:46] | You’ll do no such thing. | 你不会这样做的 |
[26:01] | No maid. No valet. | 没有女仆 男仆 |
[26:02] | No nanny, even. | 甚至保姆都没来 |
[26:04] | It’s 1927. | 1927年了 |
[26:06] | We’re modern folk. | 我们是现代人 |
[26:07] | Nanny will take care of Marigold. | 保姆会照顾Marigold |
[26:10] | And Anna can look after you. | Anna可以照顾你 |
[26:12] | Really? can she? | 她真的可以吗 |
[26:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:16] | Just like the old days. Granny’s here, and Isobel, | 就像以前一样 奶奶和Isobel在 |
[26:19] | And we’re paying a call this afternoon on princess Mary. | 我们下午去拜访了Mary公主 |
[26:21] | Oh. has my new ball dress arrived? | 我的新礼服到了吗 |
[26:23] | Not yet, but it will. | 还没 不过会到的 |
[26:25] | Hello, Mary. | 嗨 Mary |
[26:28] | How are you? | 你好哇 |
[26:30] | How long have you worked for her majesty, Miss Lawton? | 你跟着王后多久了Lawton小姐 |
[26:32] | – Six years. – How interesting | 六年了 有意思 |
[26:34] | I expect you’re a skilled needlewoman for that job. | 你看着像个熟练的缝纫工 |
[26:36] | Well, I’ve had no complaints. | 没什么好抱怨的 |
[26:38] | I trained under madame Lucile. | 我跟着Lucile夫人学的 |
[26:40] | Her majesty wanted a professional dressmaker. | 王后想要专业的裁缝做裙子 |
[26:43] | And they found you? | 他们发现了你 |
[26:45] | My reputation found me. | 我声名远扬 |
[26:52] | Come on, you two. It’s nearly three | 你们两个跟我来 快三点了 |
[26:54] | We ought to get ready. | 我们得准备一下 |
[26:55] | – Will the princess be at the parade? – Thank you. | 公主会参加阅兵吗 谢谢 |
[26:57] | – They both will. – What time are they expecting us? | 他们都会在 我们得几点到 |
[26:59] | I Always find her rather sad, princess Mary. | 我总觉得mary公主很忧伤 |
[27:01] | Well, she is royal. | 她是皇室 |
[27:03] | Royal women are not meant to grin like cheshire cats. | 皇室的女性又不能像笑脸猫那样 |
[27:06] | Well, they don’t have to look miserable. | 他们也可以别苦着脸 |
[27:08] | Well, to you, she looks miserable. | 在你眼里她苦着脸 |
[27:09] | To me, she looks dignified. | 在我眼里她很尊贵 |
[27:11] | Doesn’t that say it all? | 不是明摆着吗 |
[27:12] | How comforting to see you here, Carson. | 在这儿看到你真好 Carson |
[27:15] | What prompted you to take up the flaming sword again? | 是什么让你又出山了 |
[27:18] | I felt I should go where I could do the most good, milady. | 我去我能发挥最大作用的地方 夫人 |
[27:21] | Wise words for all of us. | 至理名言呢 |
[27:47] | Her royal highness is in the other room | 公主殿下在房里 |
[27:52] | The marchioness of Hexham, | 侯爵Hexham夫人 |
[27:54] | The countess of Grantham, | 伯爵Grantham夫人 |
[27:55] | The lady Mary Talbot. | Mary Talbot小姐 |
[27:57] | Your royal highness. | 公主殿下 |
[28:00] | Please, sit down, Lady Grantham. | 请坐Grantham夫人 |
[28:02] | I suppose you’re in turmoil because of my parents’ visit. | 我猜我父母要去 你们都忙得团团转 |
[28:06] | I do sympathize. | 我表示同情 |
[28:07] | We don’t need to explain it to you. | 你能想得到 |
[28:09] | Just don’t paint anything. | 别刷漆 |
[28:11] | They’re sick of the smell of new paint. | 他们受不了新刷的油漆味 |
[28:14] | I hope it’s not too late. | 希望还来得及 |
[28:16] | Are you living here now, ma’am? | 你现在住这儿吗 |
[28:18] | No. no, we’re still at Goldsborough. | 不 我们还住在Goldsborough |
[28:20] | But Lord Harewood’s not well, so… | 但Harewood爵士身体不太好 所以 |
[28:22] | We’ve come to run the visit and the ball. | 我们来呆一阵 参加舞会 |
[28:26] | Oh, hello. | 嗨 |
[28:28] | Hello, my darlings. | 嗨 小宝贝 |
[28:30] | How have you been? | 怎么样呀 |
[28:33] | Have you been having a lovely day? Hmm? | 今天过得好吗 |
[28:43] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[28:44] | This is your lucky day. | 你今天走运了 |
[28:47] | I’m the new plumber, Tony Sellick. | 我是新来的修理工Tony Sellick |
[28:49] | Oh, yes. right. | 哦 对 |
[28:51] | Well, I’d better show you where the boiler is. | 我带你去看看锅炉 |
[28:55] | Where are you off to? | 你去哪 |
[28:57] | This is Mr. Sellick, the plumber. | 这是Sellick先生 他是修理工 |
[28:59] | I’m taking him to the boiler house. | 我要带他去锅炉房 |
[29:01] | I’ll do it. No, you’re all right. | 我带他去 不用 没事 |
[29:03] | Just tell Mrs. Patmore where I am. | 只用跟patmore太太说一声我去哪了 |
[29:09] | Please bring the boys on Thursday. | 周四一定要带上孩子们 |
[29:11] | Oh, how lovely. | 好可爱啊 |
[29:15] | Why are the children in here? | 为什么孩子们在这里 |
[29:16] | We just got back, and they wanted to… | 我们刚回来 他们想 |
[29:18] | They are not allowed in the drawing room before six | 他们六点前不许到客厅来 |
[29:20] | – I know, my lord. but they… – Take them upstairs. | 我知道 老爷 但他们 带他们上楼 |
[29:22] | And don’t bring them down again tonight. | 今晚别带他们下来 |
[29:24] | Yes, my lord. – But they were only… | 是 老爷 但他们只是 |
[29:26] | Thank you, nanny. | 谢谢你 保姆 |
[29:27] | Please. No, we’re going. | 求求你 不 我们得走了 |
[29:36] | You remember Lady Grantham and her daughters? | 你记得Grantham夫人和她的女儿吗 |
[29:38] | Lady Grantham. | Grantham夫人 |
[29:40] | They want us to bring the boys to the parade. | 她们想让我们带着孩子们去参加阅兵 |
[29:42] | No. they’d only cause a ruckus. | 不 他们只会吵闹 |
[29:44] | We were hoping you would both stay | 我们希望你们会留下来 |
[29:45] | For dinner that night, Lord Lascelles. | 吃晚饭Lascelles勋爵 |
[29:47] | No, I’m afraid not. | 不 恐怕不行 |
[29:50] | Well, I’ll leave you to it. | 你自己定吧 |
[30:05] | Well, I suppose I’d better let you get started, | 我想你可以开始弄了 |
[30:07] | so I’ll be on me way. | 这样我也可以走了 |
[30:09] | Aren’t you gonna wish me luck? | 不祝我好运吗 |
[30:10] | You don’t look as if you need me | 你看起来并不需要 |
[30:11] | to wish you luck, Mr. Sellick. | 我祝你好运 Sellick先生 |
[30:13] | Or anyone else, for that matter. | 这种事没人需要好运 |
[30:14] | You don’t know what I need. | 你又不知道我需要什么 |
[30:16] | And I don’t intend to find out. | 我也不想知道 |
[30:26] | Do we need to cut the grass again? | 还要再修一遍草坪吗 |
[30:28] | They’re doing it tomorrow morning. | 他们明早会再修一遍的 |
[30:29] | Hello, Mr. Branson. | 你好 Branson先生 |
[30:31] | Ah. | 噢 |
[30:31] | Getting ready for their majesties, I see. | 我猜你已经准迎接陛下了 |
[30:33] | That’s right. This is Lord Hexham. | 是的 这是Hexham勋爵 |
[30:35] | May I present, Major Chetwode. | 请允许我介绍 这是Chetwode少校 |
[30:36] | Are you here for the parade? | 您是为阅兵来的吗 |
[30:37] | I am. I’m staying at the pub. | 是的 我在旅店住下了 |
[30:39] | – Milord? – Excuse me. | – 大人 – 劳驾 |
[30:42] | So are you here to keep an eye on me? | 你来是为了看着我的吗 |
[30:44] | I was rather hoping you’d be my guide for the ceremony. | 我更希望你可以带我参加阅兵仪式 |
[30:48] | Would you like a drink? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[30:49] | I’ll join you in a minute. | 等会就来 |
[30:52] | Well, well done. | 做得好 |
[30:55] | – Who’s he? – I don’t really know. | – 他是来干嘛的 – 我也不知道 |
[30:58] | Army, perhaps. or maybe a civil servant. | 可能是军队的人 也可能是文职人员 |
[31:01] | But I’ll drink with him | 但我会和他喝两杯 |
[31:02] | And try and put his mind at rest. | 让他放心 |
[31:03] | What does he want? | 他想怎么样 |
[31:05] | Maybe to make sure I’m a leopard who has changed his spots. | 可能只是想确认我不再是以前的我了吧 |
[31:15] | What’s about you, milady? | 您准备怎么样了 小姐 |
[31:16] | – Is everything ready? – No. | – 一切都准备好了吗 – 并没有 |
[31:18] | And my heart is pounding. | 而且我的心一直怦怦跳 |
[31:19] | By the way, have you seen the silver box | 你有没有看到画室的壁炉旁桌上 |
[31:21] | From the table by the fire in the drawing room? | 放着的一个银色盒子 |
[31:24] | My grandmother used to keep playing cards in it. | 我祖母用那个装扑克牌的 |
[31:26] | I know the one. | 我知道那个 |
[31:28] | – Is it missing? – Yes. | – 它不见了吗 – 是的 |
[31:30] | And so is the little cupid from the mantelshelf. | 壁炉架上的那个小丘比特也不见了 |
[31:33] | Oh, they must have been taken downstairs for cleaning. | 应该是被拿到楼下做清洁了 |
[31:37] | I was just coming to you, milady. | 我正准备去找您 小姐 |
[31:38] | Oh, don’t worry. I’m fine. | 噢 没关系的 我没事 |
[31:40] | – If that’s all, milady? – I suppose. | – 还有别吩咐吗 小姐 – 没有了 |
[31:43] | Can you manage the jug and basin? | 你可以拿住那个两个瓷壶和瓷盆吗 |
[31:44] | Or are they too heavy? | 会不会太重了 |
[31:45] | No, no, I can do it. | 不 不 我可以拿得住 |
[31:47] | Oh, how’s the boiler? | 锅炉怎么样了 |
[31:48] | I’m sure they’ll fix it soon. | 他们很快就会修好了 |
[31:56] | Bertie was with Tom earlier. | 刚刚Bertie和Tom在一起 |
[31:58] | You don’t think Tom would ever try to make trouble? | 你不觉得Tom可能会惹什么麻烦吗 |
[32:03] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[32:04] | Well, Bertie says there’s some army type | Bertie说有军队的人 |
[32:06] | Who has him under surveillance. | 在监视他 |
[32:07] | Tom likes to shock, that’s all. | Tom就喜欢吓唬人 就这样而已 |
[32:10] | He’d never be disloyal to this family. Never. | 他绝不会对这个家族不忠 永远不会 |
[32:13] | Shall we go down? | 我们要下去吗 |
[32:14] | Yes, let’s. | 走吧 |
[32:17] | So, I said to her, | 我对她说 |
[32:17] | “Listen, lady, there’s a little one here who still needs turning.” | 听着小姐 这还有个小家伙等着被转动呢 |
[32:20] | Oh! | 噢 |
[32:21] | Careful. Mr. Sellick, | 说话小心点 Sellick先生 |
[32:23] | You’ll make Daisy blush. | 你会让Daisy害羞的 |
[32:23] | Takes more than that to make me blush. | 我可不会因为这点就害羞 |
[32:25] | – Now, get that down you. – You deserve that. | – 给你这个 – 是你应得的 |
[32:27] | – It’s very late. – Well, I’ve got to get it done. | – 已经很晚了 – 是啊 我还是要修完 |
[32:29] | And I don’t mind long hours. | 我不介意长时间工作 |
[32:30] | I, uh, mean to build me own business, | 我是说 我要自己当老板了 |
[32:32] | and you can’t do that working 9 to 5. | 那样就不能朝九晚五了 |
[32:35] | These water jugs nearly killed me. | 这些水壶差点要了我的命 |
[32:36] | How did we manage in the old days? | 以前人们是怎么搬的 |
[32:38] | Well, maybe people were tougher then. | 可能以前人们更能吃苦吧 |
[32:40] | Maybe they expected less from life. | 也许以前人们不会对生活期望太多 |
[32:41] | Well, I expect a lot from life. | 我对生活有很大期待 |
[32:43] | So do I. And I mean to have it, too. | 我也是 而且我要它们变成现实 |
[32:45] | Are you still here? | 你还在这吗 |
[32:47] | Mr. Sellick’s been working hard for hours | Sellick先生已经为了我们 |
[32:49] | For our benefit, andy. | 工作好几个小时了 Andy |
[32:50] | Then it’s time he went home. | 那现在到时间他该回去了 |
[32:52] | Is the savory ready? | 开胃菜准备好了吗 |
[32:53] | Take this. | 拿走吧 |
[33:01] | He’s right. | 他说的对 |
[33:03] | The new pump should arrive around 9. | 新水泵大概明早九点就到了 |
[33:05] | – I’ll be here. – So will we. | – 我会在这的 – 我们也是 |
[33:07] | Ta-ra. | 再见 |
[33:17] | That was Mama. She’s in London. | 是妈妈 她在伦敦呢 |
[33:19] | – She’s staying with Rosamund. – She can’t be. | – 她和Rosamund在一起呢 – 不应该呀 |
[33:21] | She was here for lunch. She didn’t say anything. | 她在这用了午餐 但她什么都没说 |
[33:24] | She went up this afternoon. She’ll be back tomorrow, | 她下午去的 明天就会回来了 |
[33:26] | So I’ve asked her to come for tea. | 我问了她要不要和我们一起喝下午茶 |
[33:27] | You must persuade her to leave Maud Bagshaw alone. | 你一定要劝她不要招惹Maud Bagshaw |
[33:30] | I don’t believe even Mama | 我不相信 |
[33:31] | Will pick a quarrel in front of the King. | 她还会在国王面前惹是生非 |
[33:33] | I wonder if he can come early. | 我在想他会不会提前到来 |
[33:36] | Are you excited? | 你兴奋吗 |
[33:38] | I am a bit. Are you? | 有一点 你呢 |
[33:41] | Would it be common to admit it? | 如果我承认了是不是显得很俗气 |
[33:43] | Not to an American. | 对美国人来说不会 |
[34:35] | Here we go, Mr. Carson. | 他们来了 Carson先生 |
[34:36] | Leave this to me. | 我来处理 |
[34:42] | I am Monsieur Courbet. | 我是Courbet绅士 |
[34:44] | And this is Mrs. Webb, the housekeeper. | 这是管家Webb女士 |
[34:46] | Ah. Follow that path, | 噢 沿着这条小路走 |
[34:48] | And it’ll take you into the kitchen courtyard. | 你们就可以到厨房院子了 |
[34:50] | I said, I am Monsieur Courbet, | 我说了 我是Courbet绅士 |
[34:53] | Chef to their Majesties. | 御用厨师 |
[34:59] | Well done, Charlie. | 做得好 Charlie |
[35:01] | Always start as you mean to go on. | 一向如你所愿 |
[35:04] | This way, gentlemen. | 这边请 先生们 |
[35:10] | – Miss Lawton? – I was just looking round. | – Lawton小姐 – 我随便看看 |
[35:14] | It’s a beautiful house. | 真是个漂亮的房子 |
[35:15] | You’ve seen many that are finer. | 你一定见过很多更好看的 |
[35:18] | That’s what I came for. | 我是进来拿这个的 |
[35:20] | But we shouldn’t be in here, really. | 但我们不应该进来的 |
[35:25] | Prepare for your battle with the barbarians. | 准备好和野蛮人战斗吧 |
[35:27] | Oh! | 噢 |
[35:29] | You. Uh, where can I put this? | 你 我该把这个放哪 |
[35:31] | Don’t tempt me. | 别惹我 |
[35:32] | We’ve cleared some space in the scullery. | 我们在洗碗槽 |
[35:34] | And that cupboard. | 还有那个壁橱腾出了些地方 |
[35:35] | What a lot of fuss over nothing. | 真是做一些无用功 |
[35:37] | Well, where’s our order from Mr. Bakewell? | 我们从Bakewell先生那里订的东西在哪里呢 |
[35:39] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[35:45] | Well, how did you manage it? | 你是怎么把这些弄进来的 |
[35:47] | A gardener helped me carry everything in, so no one saw. | 一个园丁帮我把这些都搬进来了 没人看到 |
[35:49] | I suppose you could sell the lot | 我觉得你要把它们都卖掉 |
[35:52] | And use the money to pay Mr. Bakewell. | 才能付钱给Bakewell先生了 |
[35:54] | Don’t worry. They can eat it gradual | 别担心 他们可以 |
[35:56] | When the visit’s over. | 等这些都结束了慢慢吃完 |
[36:04] | Ah! It’s done, Mrs. Patmore. | 弄好了 Patmore女士 |
[36:05] | The new pump’s installed. | 新的泵已经装好 |
[36:07] | Hail the conquering hero. | 英雄万岁 |
[36:08] | It’s Mrs. Hughes you should be telling. | 你应该通知Hughes女士 |
[36:10] | Or Mr. Carson. Not them. | 或者Carson先生 而不是她们 |
[36:12] | It’s all right, Mr. Sellick. | 没关系 Sellick先生 |
[36:14] | We’ll see the news gets through. Thanks. | 我们会通知他们的 谢谢你 |
[36:15] | I would not feed it to my dog! | 连我的狗都不会吃这个 |
[36:17] | But I don’t need your help, Mrs. Hughes. | 但我不需要你的帮助 Hughes女士 |
[36:19] | I just want to know where their Majesties are sleeping | 我只想知道陛下就寝的房间在哪 |
[36:22] | So Miss Stinson can prepare the rooms. | Stinwoson小姐就可以去整理好房间 |
[36:24] | Then I will show you, Mrs. Webb, | 我带你去 Webb女士 |
[36:26] | Because, without my help, | 因为 没有我 |
[36:27] | You will not find them. | 你是找不到那些房间的 |
[36:30] | Is it always like this? | 一直都是如此吗 |
[36:32] | A royal visit is like a swan on a lake. | 皇室访问犹如天鹅游湖 |
[36:34] | Grace and serenity above, demented kicking down below. | 优雅平静的表面下是丧心病狂的游动 |
[36:37] | I wish I could get away. | 我好想离开这里 |
[36:39] | I’ve got tomorrow night off when Mr. Miller arrives. | 明晚Miller先生来了我就可以休息了 |
[36:41] | Told my mum I’d look in. | 我还和我妈说了回去看她 |
[36:42] | Why don’t you come to York with me? | 你不如和我一起去约克吧 |
[36:43] | – We could have a drink. – You should go. | – 我们可以喝点酒 – 你应该去的 |
[36:45] | – You’re not on duty. – That settles it, then. | – 你又不用当班 – 那就说定了 |
[36:47] | I’ll come find you when I’m released. | 我可以走了就来找你 |
[36:50] | We can borrow a car. | 我们可以借一辆车 |
[36:51] | Mrs. Webb, I am the housekeeper here. | Webb女士 我才是这里的管家 |
[36:54] | You are not housekeeper so long as | 只要国王陛下在这里 |
[36:56] | His majesty is under this roof. | 你就不是管家 |
[36:57] | Yes, but he’s not here yet, is he? | 是啊 可是他不是还没来呢吗 |
[37:09] | It’s like living in a factory. | 简直就像生活在工厂里一样 |
[37:11] | It reminds me of our days | 让我想起了战争时期 |
[37:12] | As a convalescent home during the war. | 这里被当做疗养院的日子 |
[37:14] | I enjoyed that, although I always feel guilty saying so. | 虽然这么说于心有愧 但我还挺怀念那个时候 |
[37:18] | Where’s tom? | Tom在哪呢 |
[37:20] | Daddy’s in the village. | 爸爸在镇上呢 |
[37:21] | Again? | 又来 |
[37:21] | What’s he playing at? | 他到底在玩什么把戏 |
[37:23] | Oh I saw Tom looking very stern as I came up the drive. | 我从路上过来时看到Tom一脸严肃 |
[37:27] | I hope he’s not building a bomb. | 希望他不是在准备炸弹 |
[37:29] | Many a true word is spoken in jest. | 很多玩笑会一语成谶 |
[37:31] | We think he’s being tailed by special branch. | 我们觉得他被政治保安处盯上了 |
[37:33] | Nonsense. | 怎么可能 |
[37:34] | – Mama, how was London? – Oh, fine. fine. | – 妈妈 伦敦怎么样 – 不错不错 |
[37:37] | What were you there for? | 您去那做什么了 |
[37:39] | – Oh, various things. – But you hate London. | – 噢 有很多事情 – 但您不喜欢伦敦 |
[37:41] | Whoever told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[37:43] | Now, when do you want me tomorrow? | 明天要我什么时候出现呢 |
[37:45] | 12 at the latest. | 最晚12点 |
[37:46] | They arrive at half past. | 他们12点半就到了 |
[37:48] | But, Mama, you must promise not to attack Maud Bagshaw. | 但是 妈妈 您要保证不要招惹Maud Bagshaw |
[37:51] | Well, I can’t ignore her. | 我不能对她视而不见 |
[37:53] | – She is my cousin. – Exactly. | – 她是我堂妹 – 正是 |
[37:55] | Greet her as a cousin, and leave it at that. | 那就保持亲戚间的问候 仅此而已 |
[37:57] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[37:59] | But even if she has left everything to an outsider, | 可是就算她把所有遗产留给一个外人 |
[38:02] | what could we do? | 我们又能怎么样呢 |
[38:03] | Challenge the will. | 挑战遗嘱 |
[38:05] | On what basis? | 凭什么呢 |
[38:06] | Undue influence. | 不良影响 |
[38:07] | But how could you know that? And how would you prove it? | 可是您怎么知道呢 又要怎么证明呢 |
[38:10] | We’d find a friendly judge. | 我们找个熟悉的法官 |
[38:11] | Friendly or corrupt? | 熟悉的还是腐败的 |
[38:13] | Whichever does the trick. | 只要能做到就好 |
[38:16] | Are you here for dinner, Mama? | 您留下吃晚餐吗 妈妈 |
[38:17] | It’s a buffet. | 是自助餐 |
[38:18] | Well, I’m not changed. | 我还没有换衣服呢 |
[38:20] | We won’t change, either, | 我们也不换衣服 |
[38:21] | So you just need to take off your hat. | 您只要摘掉帽子就可以了 |
[38:23] | You talk as if that were easy. | 你说的好像很轻松那样 |
[38:24] | Where’s the paper knife, | 裁纸刀哪去了 |
[38:26] | The silver one with my regimental crest? | 那个银色的有我军团徽章的 |
[38:31] | They won’t help tonight, apparently. | 显然 他们今晚不会帮忙 |
[38:33] | They won’t lift a finger. | 他们一根手指都不会动的 |
[38:35] | But then, my food is only fit for servants. | 不过反正我的饭也只是做给仆人们吃的 |
[38:39] | Well, at least your young hero | 至少你的小英雄 |
[38:40] | Seems to have sorted out the water. | 把水管的问题解决了 |
[38:42] | He’s not my hero. | 他不是我的英雄 |
[38:43] | Yes. Why did you call him that? | 是啊 你为什么那样叫他 |
[38:45] | Oh, it was just a joke. | 噢 我随便开玩笑的 |
[38:47] | But why’s it funny? | 哪里好笑了 |
[38:48] | Oh, Andy, leave it. | Andy不要这么认真嘛 |
[39:11] | But this is a rabbit hutch. | 这简直就是个兔子笼 |
[39:13] | Don’t look at me, Mr. Courbet. | 不用和我说 Courbet先生 |
[39:14] | You couldn’t swing a cat in my room | 我的房间小的猫都放不下 |
[39:15] | Gentlemen, please. I’m sure you’ll find… | 先生们 别吵了 我可以保证你们可以找到 |
[39:17] | Out of my way. | 让开 |
[39:19] | I will have a bath, and then I will decide. | 我要先洗个澡 然后我再来决定 |
[39:22] | Perhaps I will find a hotel. | 也许我该出去住旅店 |
[39:24] | Where can we eat? Somewhere apart? | 我们要在哪里吃饭 单独的地方 |
[39:26] | Uh, why not in the servants’ hall? | 不如就在仆人休息室吃吧 |
[39:28] | We never eat with the resident staff. | 我们从不和普通仆人一起吃饭 |
[39:31] | The water’s cold. | 水是冷的 |
[39:31] | What’s happening? | 到底怎么回事 |
[39:32] | Th-this is impossible. | 简 简直不可理喻 |
[39:34] | We can’t stay here with no hot water. | 没有热水我们怎么呆在这里 |
[39:35] | – Are you crazy? – But the boiler was fixed today. | – 你们是疯了吗 – 但今天锅炉已经修好了 |
[39:37] | It was hot an hour ago. | 一小时前还有热水呢 |
[39:39] | Well, it’s cold now. | 现在是冷的 |
[39:41] | Why are you here again, Mr. Carson? | 你怎么还在这 Carson先生 |
[39:43] | So you could keep control when I would fail? | 这样你就可以在我不在时掌控局面 |
[39:45] | Was that it? I-I forget. | 我不记得了 是这样吗 |
[39:47] | You… Mr. Barrow, Would you mind? | Barrow先生 你介意 |
[39:49] | I’m not on duty, Mr. Carson. You are. | 现在不是我当班了 Carson先生 该你了 |
[39:52] | Sorry, sir. | 借过 先生 |
[40:07] | What do you want? | 你来做什么 |
[40:09] | Since you are in my room, sitting at my desk, | 鉴于你在我房间坐在我的桌子旁 |
[40:12] | It is for me to ask what you want. | 这话应该是我问你吧 |
[40:14] | Nothing from you. | 这没你什么事了 |
[40:15] | I would remind you that I have | 要我提醒你吗 |
[40:16] | Been in charge of Downton for many years. | 我已经为唐顿庄园效劳多年 |
[40:19] | Mr. Carson, you are a retired servant | Carson先生 你只是一个在小地方的住宅的 |
[40:21] | In a minor provincial house, | 退休仆人 |
[40:22] | Serving an undistinguished family. | 为一个普通人家服务 |
[40:24] | Your history is of no interest to me. | 我对你的过往不感兴趣 |
[40:27] | Now, if you will excuse me. | 现在 劳驾 |
[40:29] | So, what would you like me to do? | 那么你想让我做点什么 |
[40:33] | I would like you to find a good book | 我想你在我们离开前 |
[40:34] | And read it until we leave. | 找本好书阅读 |
[40:37] | Mr. Carson, you’d better come and see this. | Carson先生 你最好过来看看 |
[40:46] | It’s well and truly damaged. | 已经完全坏了 |
[40:48] | Can youmend it in time? | 你能及时修好吗 |
[40:49] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[40:49] | But somebody should tell them | 但得有人告诉他们 |
[40:51] | Someone wanted to wreck the royal visit. | 有人试图破坏皇室访问 |
[40:52] | They ought to know. | 他们应该知道 |
[40:55] | – Has the dress arrived? – Not yet. | – 裙子送到了吗 – 还没有 |
[40:57] | What am I going to wear? | 那我要穿什么啊 |
[40:59] | Carson, what is it? | Carson 怎么了 |
[41:00] | Uh, some folding chairs… well, a great many chairs | 呃 有些折椅 是很多折椅 |
[41:02] | Have been delivered, Milady. | 刚刚运到 夫人 |
[41:04] | They’re at the back door. | 都被放在后门了 |
[41:05] | Anna thought you should be told at once. | Anna觉得我应该第一时间告诉您 |
[41:06] | She’s right. They’re for the parade, | 她说得对 它们都是为阅兵准备的 |
[41:08] | And we’ll have to set them out tonight. | 我们今晚要把它们布置好 |
[41:10] | There’ll be no time tomorrow. | 明天没有时间了 |
[41:12] | The villages will start arriving from 9 onwards. | 镇上的人们9点就会陆续来了 |
[41:14] | I’m not sure fate is on our side. | 我觉得命运不站我们这一边 |
[41:16] | Poor little Mary. | 可怜的小Mary |
[41:17] | Have we let her take on too much? | 我们是不是让她承担太多了 |
[41:20] | Yes, you’re right. Come on. | 是的 你说的对 来吧 |
[41:22] | We should lend her a hand. | 我们应该帮她一把 |
[41:23] | Well, you can’t go out in this. | 你们不能在这种天气出去 |
[41:25] | Of course we can. Good night, Mama. | 我们当然可以出去 晚安 妈妈 |
[41:27] | Remember to pray for us, mainly for better weather. | 记得为我们祈祷 最重要是有个好天气 |
[41:30] | I’ll put in a word. | 我会提一句的 |
[41:32] | Of course, little Mary could | 当然了 小Mary都可以 |
[41:35] | Hammer in a tent peg with her teeth. | 用牙敲帐篷桩 |
[41:37] | I wonder who she got that from. | 我好奇她这点像谁 |
[41:41] | You know, I’m always surprised when you praise me. | 你知道的 我总是对你会赞美我感到吃惊 |
[41:43] | I’m surprised to hear that I have. | 我也很吃惊 你竟然会这样觉得 |
[41:49] | As if things aren’t bad enough without a thunderstorm. | 事情已经够乱的了 现在还有暴风雨 |
[41:52] | We’ll manage. I’ve roped in Mr. Molesley, | 我们可以处理好的 我找来了Molesley先生 |
[41:54] | And Andy’s gone for the truck. | 还有Andy去开货车了 |
[41:55] | But, well, Mr. Bates can’t help. | 但是 Bates先生没办法帮忙 |
[41:57] | And Mr. Barrow has vanished. | Barrow先生也不见了 |
[41:59] | Ditto. Lord Hexham’s out looking for Mr. Branson. | 我这也是 Hexham侯爵出去找Branson先生了 |
[42:01] | We’ll have to do our best without them. | 没有他们我们也要尽力 |
[42:03] | You’re not going yourself? | 您要亲自去吗 |
[42:05] | Well, how else will they know what to do? | 不然他们怎么知道怎么做呢 |
[42:07] | Then I’ll fetch our coats. | 那我把我们的大衣拿过来 |
[42:08] | Well, you don’t have to come. | 你不必一起来 |
[42:10] | Of course I do. | 我当然和您同去 |
[42:11] | I’ll just tell Mr. Bates where I’ve gone. | 我和Bates先生说一声我去哪了 |
[42:14] | You’re a good friend to me, Anna. | 你真是我的好朋友 Anna |
[42:16] | I hope we’re good friends to each other, Milady. | 希望我们都是彼此的朋友 小姐 |
[42:26] | – This should be the last of them. – Great. | – 这应该是最后一批了 – 好极了 |
[42:28] | Okay, give me that, Mr. Molesley. | 好的 把那个递给我 Molesley先生 |
[42:29] | – Can you chuck us the rope? – Here you go. | – 能把绳子丢过来吗 – 给你 |
[42:31] | Tie it down, make sure it’s tight. | 系好了 一定确保它们系牢了 |
[42:32] | Here we are. | 来了 |
[42:33] | All set and ready. | 都准备好了 |
[42:34] | Oh, papa, | 噢 爸爸 |
[42:35] | Dickie, you’re so kind. But are you sure? | Dickie 你们太好了 但你们确定吗 |
[42:37] | You’ll be soaked to the skin and filthy. | 你们浑身会湿透弄脏的 |
[42:39] | Well, what’s that to us? We’re hunting men. | 那算什么 我们可是猎人 |
[42:42] | – Come on. – You don’t need to come, my dear. | – 走吧 – 你不必一起来 亲爱的 |
[42:43] | We can manage it between us. | 交给我们吧 |
[42:45] | Of course i’m coming. | 我当然会来 |
[42:47] | Come along. | 来吧 |
[42:48] | Cheer up, Molesley. | 高兴点 Molesley |
[42:56] | The villagers and guests | 镇民和客人们 |
[42:57] | will watch from both sides of the dais. | 将在看台两端观礼 |
[42:58] | And there’ll be seats at the front kept for the family. | 看台上必定为皇室众人准备了坐席 |
[43:01] | – I’ll join you there. – I suppose so. | – 我和你一起去 – 我也这么想 |
[43:04] | We’ll meet in the high street where we planned. | 那我们按计划在正街碰头 |
[43:06] | Don’t bring anyone. Come on your own. | 别带其他人 就你一个人来 |
[43:09] | It’s all ridiculous, of course. | 这阅兵式真是荒唐可笑 |
[43:11] | It’s a lot of fuss over nothing. | 大费周章 什么用也没有 |
[43:13] | What? I thought you were here to check | 你说什么 我以为你来是为了确保 |
[43:16] | I didn’t do anything foolish and spoil things. | 我不会轻举妄动 做出蠢事 |
[43:17] | – In what way? – I don’t know. | – 什么蠢事 – 我也不知道 |
[43:20] | Throw eggs or wave a banner or shout. | 向他们扔鸡蛋 举横幅或者大喊大叫什么的 |
[43:24] | Will you? | 那你会吗 |
[43:26] | No. | 不会 |
[43:28] | But I’m starting to wonder about you. | 但我现在担心你可能会这么做 |
[43:30] | I don’t throw eggs. | 我才不会扔鸡蛋 |
[43:35] | – Have another? – Yes. | – 再来一杯吗 – 好 |
[43:39] | – Same again, please. – Right you are, sir. | – 麻烦再来一杯一样的 – 给您 先生 |
[43:43] | We’ll bring a special chair up | 吃完早餐 |
[43:45] | For the queen after breakfast when, | 我们会为女王准备一把特制的椅子 |
[43:47] | Hopefully, it will have stopped raining. | 希望到时雨已经停了 |
[43:48] | I shall carry it myself, milord. | 我来搬吧 先生 |
[43:50] | – Well, what about the king? – Well, he’ll be on his horse. | – 那国王怎么办 – 他到时会骑马 |
[43:53] | But suppose it’s still raining? | 如果到时雨还没停怎么办 |
[43:55] | God will make it stop. | 上帝会让雨停下来的 |
[44:01] | Is that tom? | 那是Tom吗 |
[44:04] | Has he been in the pub the whole evening? | 他一整晚都待在酒馆吗 |
[44:23] | Well, the day has dawned, and the weather proves | 天亮了 看这天气 |
[44:26] | Conclusively that god is a monarchist. | 上帝果然是站在国王这边 |
[44:28] | Who could doubt it, milady? | 谁会怀疑这点呢 小姐 |
[44:34] | Here they come now. | 他们来了 |
[45:04] | Mr. molesley? | Molesley先生 |
[45:06] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[45:08] | Just need a minute to catch my breath. | 只是需要点时间来平复心情 |
[45:09] | Your majesties, | 参见陛下 |
[45:11] | Welcome to downton abbey. | 欢迎莅临唐顿庄园 |
[45:13] | We’re glad to be here, lady grantham. | 来到这里我们也很高兴 Grantham夫人 |
[45:15] | Grantham. | Grantham先生 |
[45:18] | You remember lord grantham’s mother. | 您还记得Grantham的母亲吗 |
[45:21] | Oh. Lady Grantham | 哦 Grantham夫人 |
[45:24] | – – oh, can I help you? | 哦 我扶您起来吧 |
[45:25] | Someone must, sir, or I… I may never rise again. | 是得有人搭把手 不然我这把老骨头就起不来了 |
[45:30] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[45:31] | – My daughter, Lady Mary Talbot. – Hmm. | – 这是我的女儿 Mary Talbot – 嗯 |
[45:35] | The marquess and marchioness of Hexham. | 这是Hexham侯爵和侯爵夫人 |
[45:38] | Mr. tom branson. | 这是Tom Branson |
[45:39] | Lord and Lady Merton. | 这是Merton夫妇 |
[45:42] | This is kind of you, | 多谢你费心 |
[45:43] | – Lord Grantham. – Oh, not at all. | – Grantham勋爵 – 哦 不客气 |
[45:45] | It is a great honor. | 这是我们的荣幸 |
[45:46] | I’m sure you know, but Princess Mary | 相信你已经知道了 Mary公主和 |
[45:49] | And Lord Lascelles will be joining us | 和 Lascelles勋爵之后也会和我们一起 |
[45:50] | For luncheon and the parade. | 共度午宴 观看阅兵式 |
[45:52] | They’re both coming? | 他们都会来吗 |
[45:53] | As far as I’m aware. | 我目前所知是这样 |
[45:55] | What a relief. | 那真让人松了口气 |
[45:56] | Please forget I said that. | 请忘记我刚才的话 |
[45:58] | Said what, ma’am? | 您说什么了 夫人 |
[46:05] | – Cousin Maud. – Violet. | – Maud表妹 – Violet |
[46:08] | Are we going to kiss? | 我们要行贴面礼吗 |
[46:10] | I’m glad you want to kiss me. | 你还想要和我行贴面礼 我很开心 |
[46:12] | It wasn’t quite what you said when I last heard from you. | 我上次收到你的信时你可不是这么说的 |
[46:15] | Wasn’t quite how I felt when I wrote. | 此一时彼一时了 |
[46:30] | Can I help you at all? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[46:32] | Thanks. The others all shot off, | 谢谢 其他人都不在 |
[46:35] | And I’m not sure if this is the right way. | 我不确定是不是该走这边 |
[46:36] | Just come with me. | 跟我来吧 |
[46:38] | What’s your part in this circus? | 你是做什么的 |
[46:40] | I’m Lady Bagshaw’s maid. | 我是Bagshaw夫人的女仆 |
[46:42] | Oh, well, then it’s this door. | 哦 好的 那该走这边 |
[46:47] | You just ask for Mrs. Hughes. | 其他的问Hughes夫人就行 |
[46:49] | – She’ll look after you. – Thank you. | – 她会为你打点好一切的 – 谢谢你 |
[46:55] | Oh, have you tasted the water? | 你有试过水吗 |
[46:57] | Only for body. Never for drinking. | 我有亲自去试一下 但一口水还没喝上呢 |
[47:00] | Ah, this has just arrived for Lady Edith. | 这是Edith小姐刚到的东西 |
[47:02] | Lady Hexham these days, Mr. Bates, but… | 这几天该称呼她Hexham夫人才对 Bates先生 |
[47:05] | Thank you, Albert. It’s a relief. | 不过谢谢你 Albert 帮我省去不少功夫 |
[47:08] | I want the milk now. | 准备好牛奶 |
[47:09] | I want the egg yolks now. | 准备好蛋黄 |
[47:11] | I want the olive oil now. | 准备好橄榄油 |
[47:12] | And I want the vanilla pod now. | 准备好香草荚 |
[47:14] | He wants a clip around the ear… now. | 准备好被扇一巴掌吧 |
[47:16] | Careful, Mrs. Patmore. | 说话注意点 Patmore夫人 |
[47:18] | Uh, right. who’s taking this up? Mr. Molesley? | 这些都该谁负责 Molesley先生 |
[47:19] | Uh, there’s no need for you to meddle, Mrs. Hughes. | 你就不用插手了 Hughes夫人 |
[47:21] | – We will see to it. – Meddle? | – 我们来就行 – 插手 |
[47:23] | I don’t believe I’m meddling | 在我自己的地盘上 |
[47:25] | In my own house, thank you. Andrew, yes. | 我这可不叫插手 Andrew |
[47:27] | – You take that one. – But it’s not your house, is it? | – 那个你来拿 – 但这也并不算你的地盘 对吧 |
[47:30] | So, would you like to go and sit down? | 你还是省省坐下吧 |
[47:32] | – Now, just a minute. – Uh, you leave those. | – 能不能听我说一句 – 你们俩别动 |
[47:34] | Put them down. | 把盘子放下 |
[47:35] | For heaven’s sake, go after them. | 我的上帝 追上他们 |
[47:36] | I really must protest. my staff are… | 我实在看不下去了 我的人们 |
[47:38] | Keep them down here, Mr. Carson. | 让他们都老实待在下面 Carson先生 |
[47:40] | That goes for you, too. | 你也一样 |
[47:42] | Stay out of our way. | 别给我们添乱 |
[47:44] | You’ve seen their majesties. let it be enough. | 你们已经见过国王陛下和王后殿下 那就够了 |
[47:54] | – Excuse me. Wait a minute. | – 不好意思 等等 |
[47:56] | What-what are you playing at? | 你们这是干什么 |
[47:58] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[48:00] | What…? | 这是 |
[48:05] | Things seem calmer in the north. | 北边似乎安定不少 |
[48:07] | You mean after the strike, sir? | 您是指罢工之后吗 陛下 |
[48:09] | Yes, if calmer means more resigned. | 如果您说的安定是指恭顺服从的话 那的确是 |
[48:12] | I’m not sure what the future holds. | 不过未来会怎么样我也说不准 |
[48:14] | Hmm. And you, Lady Grantham. | Grantham夫人 |
[48:17] | Were you affected by the general strike? | 大罢工有影响到你吗 |
[48:19] | Well, my maid was rather curt with me while it was on, sir. | 嗯 那时候我的女仆对我倒是很不客气 陛下 |
[48:24] | But, you know, she is a communist at heart. | 不过她本质上还是个共产主义者 |
[48:28] | So I suppose it was only to be expected. | 所以这倒是意料之中的事 |
[48:31] | Wasn’t the princess joining us? | 公主殿下不和我们一起用餐吗 |
[48:34] | Uh, they telephoned. | 他们打过电话 |
[48:35] | Lord Lacelles has been held up by something. | Lacelles勋爵有事耽搁了 |
[48:38] | Uh, but they are planning to come for the parade. | 不过他们会来参加阅兵式 |
[48:42] | I imagine the servants’ bedrooms | 我想贵府下人们的房间 |
[48:43] | Are quite pleasant here. | 应该还不错吧 |
[48:44] | Why? Are you worried for your maid? | 怎么了 您是在为自己的女仆担心吗 |
[48:46] | How clever of you. | 真是聪明 |
[48:48] | Lucy is more of a companion than a maid. | Lucy与其说是女仆 不如说是我的朋友 |
[48:50] | I’d hate for her to be uncomfortable. | 我不希望她住得不好 |
[48:52] | Of course. | 那是自然 |
[48:56] | I really have to go. | 我得走了 |
[48:57] | You can’t embarrass mama. | 别让母亲下不来台 |
[49:00] | I’m sorry, but you must wait until we stand. | 我很抱歉 但还是等大家都用完餐之后再走吧 |
[49:03] | Lord Hexham, how is Northumberland? | Hexham勋爵 诺森伯兰郡怎么样 |
[49:06] | As beautiful as ever, sir. | 还是一如既往的美丽 陛下 |
[49:08] | Can it spare you, do you think? | 那你抽得开身吗 |
[49:12] | Well, that was humiliating. | 真是奇耻大辱 |
[49:14] | Go on. | 走吧 |
[49:16] | Oh! Well, we might as well all go for a walk. | 哦 我们大家不如都去散散步休息一下 |
[49:19] | We cannot challenge the way | 皇室规矩向来如此 |
[49:21] | A royal visit is conducted, Mrs. Patmore. | 我们也不能更改 Patmore夫人 |
[49:23] | I’m not so sure. | 我可不这么觉得 |
[49:24] | Why don’t we all meet back here after the parade? | 要不我们阅兵式之后再回来 |
[49:26] | Anna, Mr. Bates, | Anna Bates先生 |
[49:27] | There must be no trouble or disloyal tomfoolery of any kind. | 现在不能出任何乱子 别做蠢事 |
[49:31] | Do you hear me? | 大家明白了吗 |
[49:33] | We’ll meet in the wine cellar. | 我们在酒窖见 |
[49:36] | Tell the others. | 告诉其他人 |
[49:37] | Now, I’m walking to Mr. Bakewell’s, | 我现在去找Bakewell先生 |
[49:39] | – If you’ve any errands. – No. | – 你们有什么要买的吗 – 没有 |
[49:42] | Well, then. | 嗯 |
[49:44] | – We should get moving. – Of course, sir. | – 我们该动身了 – 是的 陛下 |
[49:46] | Here we go. | 走吧 |
[49:48] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[49:50] | I’m so looking forward to this. | 我很期待 |
[49:52] | Good lunch, I thought. | 午餐很不错 |
[49:54] | What was the king saying earlier? I couldn’t hear. | 陛下刚刚说什么了 我没听见 |
[49:57] | He’s planning a tour for the Prince of Wales next march. | 他计划明年三月为Wales亲王安排一次视察出行 |
[49:59] | It’ll take in most of the african colonies | 大部分非洲殖民地都包括在内 |
[50:02] | – and finish in cape town. – And he wants you to go? | – 终点在开普敦 – 他希望你也同去吗 |
[50:04] | He thinks I’m a steadying influence. | 他觉得我一直以来都很有影响力 |
[50:07] | How long would you be away? | 要去多久 |
[50:09] | About three months. | 大概三个月 |
[50:11] | I can’t believe my luck. Can you? | 我太走运了 简直不敢置信 |
[50:21] | I think we’re parked around the back. | 我们的车应该停在后面了 |
[51:28] | Tom Tom | |
[51:30] | What on earth are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[51:31] | I might ask you the same question. | 这话该我问你才对 |
[51:33] | Go back, or you’ll ruin things. | 快回去 别添乱 |
[51:34] | Isn’t that what you’re doing? | 要添乱的不是你吗 |
[51:36] | You don’t know what I’m doing. | 你根本不清楚我在做什么 |
[51:37] | – Who’s this? – This is my sister-in-law, | – 她是谁 – 她是我大姨子 |
[51:38] | Lady Mary Talbot. | Mary Talbot小姐 |
[51:40] | I told you to come alone. | 我跟你说过一个人来 |
[51:43] | Leave this to me. | 这事儿交给我 |
[52:52] | Tom Tom | |
[52:53] | Get the gun! | 快拿枪 |
[52:57] | There he is. | 他在这里 |
[53:02] | – Hold still. – Got him? | – 别动 – 抓住他了 |
[53:05] | Calm down. You’re not going anywhere. | 老实点 你跑不了了 |
[53:18] | – Hold still. – Are you all right, sir? | – 别动 – 你还好吗 先生 |
[53:20] | Your ladyship? | 夫人 |
[53:21] | Why are you even here? | 你来我这里干什么 |
[53:23] | I didn’t suspect him myself until last night. | 昨晚之前我自己都没怀疑过他 |
[53:24] | How was I to know you’d given up on a free Ireland? | 没想到你竟然放弃了爱尔兰的自由大业 |
[53:26] | Isn’t it free now? | 难道爱尔兰现在还不够自由吗 |
[53:28] | Not with the bloody crown around its neck! | 只要那该死的王冠还在 自由就不会到来 |
[53:30] | Get in. | 进去吧 |
[53:31] | – take him away. – all right, sir. | – 把他带走 – 是 先生 |
[53:34] | I’m not impressed you all decided | 你们所有人都觉得我要刺杀国王 |
[53:35] | I was a royal assassin. | 我一点都不奇怪 |
[53:36] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[53:38] | It was really the others. | 这么想的只是其他人 |
[53:39] | If you’ll follow us to the station. | 请和我去一趟警察局 |
[53:42] | Why didn’t you tell us? | 你为什么不告诉我们 |
[53:43] | I thought he’d come to check up on me. | 我本以为他是来确保我不会轻举妄动的 |
[53:45] | And didn’t want to drag you into it. | 所以不想把你们也牵扯进来 |
[53:46] | I assumed he’d back off | 我以为我见过他 回答完他的问题 |
[53:48] | If I answered his questions and met him for a drink. | 他就会离开 |
[53:50] | But last night at the pub, | 但是昨晚在酒馆 |
[53:52] | I realized he wanted to use me to get close to the king. | 我意识到他在利用我接近国王 |
[54:36] | Royal salute! | 皇家敬礼 |
[54:38] | Carry… swords! | 拔剑 |
[54:54] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[54:56] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[55:00] | We thought you’d miss it. | 还以为你要错过阅兵式了 |
[55:01] | I was just in time. | 刚刚赶上 |
[55:03] | I don’t know why I bothered. | 不知道我干嘛来这里 |
[55:04] | oh, quiet. | 别说话 |
[55:25] | Your majesty, | 国王陛下 |
[55:26] | The yorkshire hussars are formed up, | 约克郡骑兵已列队完毕 |
[55:28] | Ready and awaiting your inspection. | 等待您的检阅 |
[55:38] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[55:40] | He’s not feeling well. | 他身体不适 |
[55:42] | Wasn’t he out shooting yesterday? | 他昨天不是还出去打猎了吗 |
[55:45] | – What do you want me to say? – Nothing. | – 不然你要我怎么说 – 那就别说了 |
[55:48] | You have to let me leave him. | 让我离开他吧 |
[55:49] | We will not talk about it now. | 现在不是讨论这件事的时候 |
[56:05] | Is that your maid? | 那是你的女仆吗 |
[56:06] | That’s right. Lucy. | 是的 她叫Lucy |
[56:09] | Don’t you call her by her surname? | 你难道不该用姓氏称呼她吗 |
[56:12] | She’s been with me so long. | 她照顾我很多年了 |
[56:21] | It’s so strange. | 太奇怪了 |
[56:23] | – He seemed so english. – And so he was. | – 他看上去真像英格兰人 – 他的确是 |
[56:25] | A pillar of the establishment, | 原本也是政界骨干 |
[56:26] | Until the notion of irish independence | 后来受爱尔兰独立思潮的影响 |
[56:28] | Took him over to the other side. | 站到了另一阵营 |
[56:30] | That’s where I came in. | 我就是那时加入他们的 |
[56:31] | He’d heard my sympathies lay with Ireland and the Republic. | 他听说我很支持爱尔兰和爱尔兰共和国 |
[56:34] | Don’t they? | 他们想的不对吗 |
[56:36] | Not at any cost. | 不能不择手段啊 |
[56:38] | I’m a law-and-order man these days. | 我最近可是遵纪守法的好公民 |
[56:39] | That’s what you lot have done to me. | 还不是你们这帮人把我改造成这样的 |
[56:42] | So, will there be a great splash | 这么说 报纸上会对此 |
[56:44] | All over the newspapers? | 大肆报道吗 |
[56:45] | Poor papa. | 可怜的父亲 |
[56:47] | Oh, no. You’ll find there isn’t a whisper | 不 关于这件事 |
[56:49] | About this anywhere. | 你一点风声都不会听见 |
[56:51] | An establishment cover-up. | 政府出手压下消息 |
[56:54] | I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. | 这种阴谋论我才不信 |
[57:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[57:03] | – Do you… do you write? – I try. | – 那你自己写作吗 – 我在尝试 |
[57:04] | Ah, miss smith. Did Mrs. Hughes sort you out? | Smith小姐 Hughs夫人都给你安顿好了吧 |
[57:07] | She did. | 是的 |
[57:08] | And have you enjoyed the parade? | 阅兵式看得还开心吗 |
[57:13] | Do you work at the house? | 你在庄园里工作吗 |
[57:15] | Not exactly. | 倒也不算 |
[57:17] | I sell cars, and I help with the estate. | 我在做汽车销售 也帮忙打理庄园产业 |
[57:19] | Lord Grantham is my father-in-law. | Grantham勋爵是我岳父 |
[57:21] | Oh, I do beg your pardon, sir. | 哦 请原谅我没认出您 先生 |
[57:23] | Oh, no, please, let me explain. | 不 我解释一下 |
[57:26] | I started here as a chauffeur. | 我来这里的时候只是个司机 |
[57:28] | You must be Lady Sybil’s husband. | 你应该是Sybil小姐的丈夫吧 |
[57:30] | I am. | 是的 |
[57:32] | Lady Bagshaw and I followed the story. | Bagshaw夫人和我听过你的故事 |
[57:33] | We were so sad when she died. | 她去世时我们都很难过 |
[57:35] | How long ago was it? | 那是什么时候的事 |
[57:37] | Seven years, or nearly. | 大约七年前 |
[57:39] | – My god. – I’m sorry. | – 天呐 – 抱歉 |
[57:41] | – It’s still painful. – Not in that way. | – 你还难过吗 – 没那么难过了 |
[57:43] | It doesn’t hurt anymore, but it’s still there. | 苦痛已经散去 不过伤疤还在心头 |
[57:47] | – Can I ask you something? – Of course. | – 我能问你个问题吗 – 当然 |
[57:50] | Was it hard, coming up like that? | 骤然进入这个上流社会 要融入这个家族 |
[57:53] | Joining the family. | 是不是不太容易 |
[57:55] | Very hard. | 很艰难 |
[57:57] | Between my old world and the new one, | 在过去与现在两个世界间挣扎 |
[57:59] | Sometimes I didn’t know who I was. | 有时候我都不知道自己是谁 |
[58:01] | But you do now? | 但你现在知道了 对吗 |
[58:03] | I think so, yes. | 我想是的 |
[58:05] | I came to terms with it. | 我已经能坦然面对一切了 |
[58:07] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[58:08] | I’m just curious. | 好奇而已 |
[58:18] | Quickly, everyone. Quick. | 大家快点 动作快点 |
[58:20] | Come on. quickly, Mr. Barrow. | 快点 Barrow先生 |
[58:22] | Can somebody tell me what’s going on? Anna? | 谁能来告诉我这是要干什么 Anna |
[58:24] | What’s going on? | 这是要干什么 |
[58:26] | What are we all doing down here? | 我们都在这里来干嘛 |
[58:28] | Shh. Go inside. They can’t hear us in there. | 别说话 先进去 里面说话他们听不见 |
[58:30] | This is most improper. | 这实在是不合规矩 |
[58:31] | Yes, why-why have you got us all here? | 你把我们大家都叫过来干什么 |
[58:33] | – Yeah. – I will tell you. | – 就是 – 我这就告诉你 |
[58:35] | Mr. bates and I… | Bates先生和我 |
[58:37] | We want to defend Downton’s honor. | 我们想要捍卫唐顿庄园的荣耀 |
[58:40] | In what way? | 怎么捍卫 |
[58:41] | Would you like a repeat of how you were all | 午宴时那些人对我们是什么态度 |
[58:42] | treated at luncheon? | 大家还要再经历一次吗 |
[58:44] | No, I bloody well would not. | 不 我他妈当然不想 |
[58:45] | Andrew, there are ladies present. | Andrew 还有女士在场 |
[58:48] | We think we should fight back. | 我认为我们应当反击 |
[58:49] | I don’t like the sound of this. | 这话我不太爱听 |
[58:50] | I do not like this at all. | 我不赞同这么做 |
[58:52] | Anna, tell them. | Anna 告诉他们 |
[58:54] | We are going to clear the way | 我们俩会把人支开 |
[58:56] | so you cook and serve dinner | 你们趁机准备好国王陛下和王后殿下 |
[58:57] | For the king and queen at Downton abbey. | 在唐顿庄园的晚餐 为他们上菜 |
[59:01] | As you should. | 这是你们应做的 |
[59:02] | Well, oh, my god, is this a revolution? | 哦我的天呐 我们这是在闹革命吗 |
[59:04] | Shall I fetch the pitchforks? | 我要不要去把草叉取过来 |
[59:06] | No, we’re serious, Mr. Moseley. | 不 我们是认真的 Moseley先生 |
[59:08] | But do you know what Mr. Courbet’s | 不过你们知道Courbet先生 |
[59:09] | Brought in for tonight? | 今晚准备做什么菜吗 |
[59:11] | Mm, never mind that. we’ve got our own supplies. | 管他呢 我们有自己的菜谱 |
[59:13] | And you can leave Mr. Courbet to me. | Courbet先生可以交给我 |
[59:15] | What do you want us to do? | 那我们要做什么 |
[59:17] | Don’t bother with the maids and valets. | 别跟女仆和男仆起冲突 |
[59:19] | We’ve no quarrel with them. | 别跟他们吵起来 |
[59:20] | But we need to get rid of the royal butler for the night. | 不过我们得先解决掉晚上的皇室管家 |
[59:22] | The page of the backstairs, | 是男侍主管 |
[59:24] | If you don’t mind, Mr. Bates. | 如果你不介意这么说的话 Bates先生 |
[59:25] | And the footmen need to be out of commission from seven | 那些侍从七点开始都必须无法干活 |
[59:27] | until you finish serving them. | 直到你们服侍完毕 |
[59:29] | This is treason. | 这是叛国罪 |
[59:31] | Well, what can we do about ’em? | 我们该怎么做 |
[59:32] | Well, we could lock them in the attic. | 我们可以把他们锁进阁楼里 |
[59:34] | Any more talk like that, | 再这么说下去 |
[59:36] | And we’ll all end up in Botany bay. | 我们就要被流放到博特尼湾了 |
[59:38] | And did you enjoy | 你很享受 |
[59:39] | Being pushed around and passed over | 被推来推去 |
[59:41] | And told to stay down here by Mr. Wilson? | 被Wilson先生勒令什么都不能做吗 |
[59:45] | I will play no active part in this. | 我不会支持这样的事情 |
[59:46] | Well, suppose his majesty sees | 如果陛下看到了 |
[59:49] | What’s going on and is displeased. | 这一切 会很不高兴 |
[59:50] | Why? Do you think | 为什么 你觉得 |
[59:52] | I’m not capable of cooking a decent dinner? | 我没有能力做好可口的晚餐吗 |
[59:54] | Oh, no, of course not. But-but I… | 当然不是 但是我 |
[59:56] | I’ll see to the footmen. | 我去看着侍从 |
[59:58] | What are you going to do? | 你想做什么 |
[59:59] | You’ll find out. | 你会知道的 |
[1:00:01] | So, does this mean we’re back on duty after all? Mean Mr. Moseley. | 这是不是意味着 我们又回来当值了 还有Moseley先生 |
[1:00:03] | And Albert as well. | Albert也是 |
[1:00:06] | You know where to find the state liveries. | 你知道去哪里找正式制服 |
[1:00:08] | Right. | 知道 |
[1:00:10] | – Well, come on, Daisy. – Will I pour wine | – 好的 来吧 Daisy – 我将要为王后甜美的嘴唇 |
[1:00:12] | for the queen’s sweet lips? | 倒酒吗 |
[1:00:14] | Any more of that, and we’ll lock you in the attic. | 再这样 就把你锁进阁楼 |
[1:00:16] | I don’t know why you’re bothering. | 我不知道你为何如此困扰 |
[1:00:18] | What about that Mrs. Webb | Webb太太怎么样了 |
[1:00:19] | Who keeps telling us she’s the housekeeper? | 谁一直告诉我们她是管家 |
[1:00:21] | Don’t you worry about Mrs. Webb. | 你不用担心Webb太太 |
[1:00:22] | I am more than a match for Mrs. Webb. | 我比Webb太太称职的多 |
[1:00:29] | I still don’t know how you’re going to manage Mr. Courbet. | 我还是不你要如何应付Courbet先生 |
[1:00:31] | Well, there’s, um… | 这个嘛 |
[1:00:33] | I’m just going upstairs to lie down. | 我准备上楼躺一会儿 |
[1:00:35] | Can you get things ready for when I come back? | 你能在我回来的时候准备好东西吗 |
[1:00:38] | When will that be, o mighty one? | 你什么时候下来啊 大能耐 |
[1:00:41] | Wake me in half an hour | 半小时后叫醒我 |
[1:00:43] | If I’m not already in the kitchen. | 如果我到时候还没在厨房里的话 |
[1:00:49] | Trust us. | 相信我们 |
[1:00:55] | Tell us about your maid. | 跟我们说说你的女佣 |
[1:00:57] | Lucy is the daughter of… | Lucy是David的部队侍卫 |
[1:00:58] | David’s army servant, Jack Smith. | Jack Smith的女儿 |
[1:01:00] | And, like my husband, he died in the Boer wars. | 和我丈夫一样 他死于布尔战争中 |
[1:01:03] | So you looked after his child? | 所以是你在照顾他的孩子 |
[1:01:05] | Lucy had no mother, you see. | Lucy没有母亲 |
[1:01:07] | So I gave her a home. | 我给她个家 |
[1:01:08] | That’s very generous. | 太慷慨了 |
[1:01:10] | Generosity that has been amply returned, I can assure you. | 我也得到了慷慨的回报 我确定 |
[1:01:14] | I’m glad. | 我很开心 |
[1:01:16] | You don’t sound very glad. | 你看起来可不太高兴 |
[1:02:03] | Oh, goodness. | 天啊 |
[1:02:06] | I thought everyone was in the drawing room. | 我以为所有人都在客厅里 |
[1:02:08] | I’ve been dodging it, I’m afraid. | 我一直避之不及 |
[1:02:11] | I suppose I ought to get back. | 我想我该回去了 |
[1:02:14] | Can I get someone for you? | 需要我帮您叫人吗 |
[1:02:16] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢你 |
[1:02:18] | You’re the widower of the youngest daughter, aren’t you? | 你是那个小女儿的鳏夫 是吗 |
[1:02:20] | I’ve heard of you, mister… | 我听说过你 …先生 |
[1:02:22] | Branson Branson. | |
[1:02:23] | Tom Branson Tom Branson. | |
[1:02:26] | And who are you? Ah, I should know, | 你是谁 我本该知道的 |
[1:02:28] | But I’m no good at that sort of thing. | 但我不擅长这种事 |
[1:02:32] | Well, I suppose you can’t be expected to know everyone. | 我想你不可能每个人都认识 |
[1:02:37] | Did you enjoy the parade? | 你喜欢游行吗 |
[1:02:39] | I’m afraid I missed it completely. | 我完全错过了 |
[1:02:41] | I got distracted. | 有事在身 |
[1:02:42] | – What a shame. – Well, to be honest, | – 真可惜 – 说实话 |
[1:02:44] | I’m not much of a royalist. | 我不太是个忠于皇室的人 |
[1:02:46] | Although I probably shouldn’t say that out loud. | 尽管我不该这么大声说出来 |
[1:02:48] | Certainly not to a stranger. | 特别是对一个陌生人 |
[1:02:51] | That seems odd, as the Crawleys | 这就有点奇怪 一般的Crawleys |
[1:02:53] | Would die for the crown if they had to. | 都甚至可以为了王权而牺牲 |
[1:02:55] | You can love people you disagree with. | 你可以爱戴持不同意见的人 |
[1:02:57] | And you love them? | 你爱他们吗 |
[1:03:00] | They’re decent at the core. | 他们的内心是好的 |
[1:03:02] | People can be decent at the core | 人的内心都可以是正直的 |
[1:03:04] | but very difficult to live with, Mr. Wilson. | 但是却很难忍受 Wilson先生 |
[1:03:06] | True enough. | 确实是 |
[1:03:07] | And they’re silly, too, and snobbish at times. | 他们也很傻 有时很势利 |
[1:03:10] | And I wouldn’t give tuppence for their politics. | 我不会为他们的政治付钱 |
[1:03:13] | But I’ve learned to be happy with all of that. | 但我学会了高兴的接受这一切 |
[1:03:16] | And besides… | 况且 |
[1:03:18] | They’re my daughter’s family. | 他们是我女儿的家人 |
[1:03:22] | And she lives here? | 她住在这里吗 |
[1:03:24] | I nearly took her away once. | 有一次我差点把她带走 |
[1:03:28] | But she belongs here now. | 但她现在属于这里 |
[1:03:31] | I spent so much of my life not belonging anywhere. | 我很长时间来 不属于任何地方 |
[1:03:34] | That’s important to me. | 这对我来说很重要 |
[1:03:38] | I suppose, in the end, it’s deciding | 我想 最后 这决定了 |
[1:03:41] | What’s important, isn’t it? | 什么才是重要的 不是吗 |
[1:03:46] | You’ve given me a great deal to think about, Mr. Branson. | 你的话我需要回去好好想想 Branson先生 |
[1:03:49] | Good things, I hope. | 希望是好事 |
[1:03:50] | That may be so, but… | 可能如此 但… |
[1:03:53] | Now we must go in. | 我们现在得进去了 |
[1:04:02] | We must change. | 我们得改一下 |
[1:04:03] | And you leave in the morning. | 你明早离开 |
[1:04:05] | I wonder if we might have a talk later. | 我想知道我们晚些时候能不能谈一谈 |
[1:04:07] | We’ll find a cozy spot. | 我们会找个舒适的地方 |
[1:04:08] | And Robert can join us. | Robert可以一起来 |
[1:04:10] | I won’t be interrogated, Violet. | 我不想被询问 Violet |
[1:04:12] | Please, don’t miss the chance to settle things between you. | 拜托 别错过解决你们之间问题的机会 |
[1:04:16] | Very well. | 很好 |
[1:04:18] | But now I must go. | 但现在我必须走了 |
[1:04:25] | That was helpful. Thank you. | 很有用 谢谢 |
[1:04:28] | Well, I told you I wanted to help. | 我告诉过你 我想帮忙 |
[1:04:29] | Well, thanks to you, we have her cornered. | 多亏了你 我们让她没得选 |
[1:04:37] | Mr. Wilson. | Wilson先生 |
[1:04:38] | There’s a telephone call for you. | 这有你的电话 |
[1:04:40] | For me? | 我的吗 |
[1:04:43] | But Sir Harry, they wouldn’t get to London until nine. | 但Harry爵士 他们九点前赶不到伦敦 |
[1:04:45] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[1:04:47] | The ball at Clarence happen to start till ten | Clarence的舞会十点才开始 |
[1:04:49] | What ball at Clarence house? | Clarence家什么舞会 |
[1:04:51] | The Duke of Cannaught’s. | Cannaught公爵的 |
[1:04:52] | What are you playing at, Wilson? | 你在搞什么 Wilson |
[1:04:54] | I’m not questioning you, sir, | 我不是在质疑你 先生 |
[1:04:56] | Not if it’s what the duke of Cannaught wishes. | 如果可能不如Cannaught公爵所愿 |
[1:04:58] | But how do I manage here? | 但我在这边怎么办啊 |
[1:05:00] | Don’t they have footmen at Downton? | 他们在唐顿没有侍从吗 |
[1:05:02] | Yes, there are footmen. But won’t his majesty… | 有侍从 但陛下… |
[1:05:04] | His majesty won’t give a tinker’s cuss! | 陛下才不在乎呢 |
[1:05:07] | – Now, do as I say. – Of course, Sir Harry. At once. | – 现在 照我说的做 – 当然 Harry爵士 马上 |
[1:05:16] | Everything all right, Mr. Wilson? | 还好吗 Wilson先生 |
[1:05:18] | I need to see my footmen | 我要见我的侍从 |
[1:05:20] | And the house footmen and the hall boy. | 还有这里的侍从还有男童仆 |
[1:05:22] | Uh, when is the next train to London? | 下一班去伦敦的火车是什么时候 |
[1:05:24] | I hope it’s not bad news. | 希望这不是坏消息 |
[1:05:28] | Not bad, exactly. | 不算坏 准确来说 |
[1:05:30] | But irregular. | 但不正常 |
[1:05:33] | Very irregular, indeed. | 很不正常 |
[1:05:38] | I’ll get drummed out of the regiment if they ever find out. | 如果他们发现了 我会被部队开除的 |
[1:05:42] | Well, you sounded convincing to me. | 连我都要信以为真了 |
[1:05:44] | Oh, I’m very good at doing Sir Harry Barnston, | 我很擅长假扮Harry Barnston爵士 |
[1:05:46] | – I can assure you. – What if Mr. Wilson rings back? | – 我向你保证 – 要是Wilson打电话回来呢 |
[1:05:49] | No one queries Sir Harry’s orders. | 没人会质疑Harry爵士的命令 |
[1:05:51] | But if he did? | 如果有呢 |
[1:05:52] | Well, then they’d uncover the trick. | 那这个把戏就要被识破了 |
[1:05:54] | But they couldn’t trace it back to me. | 但他们查不到我这儿 |
[1:05:57] | Right. Shall we go into York? | 也是 我们要去约克郡吗 |
[1:05:59] | Sorry to miss out on the fun, in a way. | 很抱歉错过了这出好戏 |
[1:06:01] | Where shall I wait for you when you’re with your parents? | 你跟父母在一起时 我去哪儿等你 |
[1:06:04] | We’ll find a pub. | 我们找个酒吧 |
[1:06:11] | Did you manage to speak to someone? | 你找人说了吗 |
[1:06:14] | I got hold of Madame Seymour’s assistant. | 我找到了Seymour夫人的助手 |
[1:06:17] | They’ve sent you the wrong one. | 他们给你送错了 |
[1:06:18] | It’s similar in style but not, as you can see, | 虽然风格类似 但正如你所见 |
[1:06:21] | – in size. – Well, where’s my dress now? | – 尺寸不对 – 那我的裙子现在在哪儿 |
[1:06:24] | On its way to New York. | 在去纽约的路上 |
[1:06:27] | Well, that’s that, then. | 好吧 那 那 真是 |
[1:06:28] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[1:06:30] | Everything’s going wrong for me today. | 今天我诸事不顺 |
[1:06:31] | – Milady? – Oh. Never mind. | – 夫人 – 没关系 |
[1:06:35] | How are things downstairs? Any better? | 楼下怎么样了 好些了吗 |
[1:06:38] | A bit better, yes, milady. | 是的 好点了 夫人 |
[1:06:40] | In fact, I ought to be getting back. | 其实 我应该回来的 |
[1:06:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:06:46] | Oh, one thing. | 有件事 |
[1:06:48] | The painted glass that used to sit by my bed, | 之前在我床边的彩色玻璃 |
[1:06:51] | Was it broken while I was away? | 我不在时碎了吗 |
[1:06:55] | Leave it with me, milady. | 我来处理 夫人 |
[1:06:57] | And the dress. | 还有裙子 |
[1:06:59] | You wouldn’t mind a fitting later tonight, would you? | 你今晚晚点再试衣服可以吗 |
[1:07:02] | I don’t understand. Who with? | 我不明白 是谁干的 |
[1:07:04] | I just had an idea. | 我应该能猜到 |
[1:07:10] | I shouldn’t think so, | 我不该这么想 |
[1:07:11] | Not if she knows what’s good for her. | 要是她不知道什么是对她好 |
[1:07:13] | Oh, I… | 我 |
[1:07:15] | I’m sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉 打扰了 |
[1:07:17] | How clever of you to find me. | 你真聪明 能找到我 |
[1:07:20] | Well, not really. I lived here 40 years. | 并不是 我在这里住了40年了 |
[1:07:23] | I assume this is your maid? | 这是你的女仆吗 |
[1:07:25] | – Ypes, this is Lucy Smith. – Oh. | 是的 这是Lucy Smith |
[1:07:28] | Good evening, Smith. | 晚上好 Smith |
[1:07:30] | Good evening, milady. | 晚上好 夫人 |
[1:07:32] | – Shall I go? – No, not for me. | – 我要退下吗 – 别 别因为我走 |
[1:07:35] | Not for me. I’m delighted to meet you. | 别因为我走 我很高兴见到你 |
[1:07:37] | I’ve heard so much about you. | 我时常听起你 |
[1:07:40] | Is there something you want? | 您有何贵干 |
[1:07:43] | Oh, just-just to see you’re comfortable | 来看看你是否安好 |
[1:07:46] | And to confirm our little chat for later. | 提醒你待会儿别忘了我们的聊天 |
[1:07:48] | I live my own life now, Violet. | 我过我自己的生活 Violet |
[1:07:50] | I’m not what I was. | 我不再是之前的我了 |
[1:07:52] | My father is gone. My husband is gone. | 我父亲走了 丈夫走了 |
[1:07:54] | I see no reason not to do what I want. | 我没理由不去做自己想做的事 |
[1:07:56] | Well, that doesn’t mean there is no reason, | 但并不代表就真的没有理由了 |
[1:07:59] | Merely that you cannot see it. | 只是你没有看到 |
[1:08:02] | I think Lady Merton is right. | 我想Merton夫人是对的 |
[1:08:04] | We’ll have it out, once and for all. | 我们来个了结 |
[1:08:07] | But now I must go to her majesty. | 但现在我必须去见王后 |
[1:08:18] | You’re not to speak. You’re not to think. | 什么也别说 什么也别想 |
[1:08:21] | Just follow my lead. | 听从我的指挥 |
[1:08:23] | Their majesties must not know they’re being served | 绝不能让陛下发现换了人 |
[1:08:26] | By anyone different. Do you hear me? | 听懂了吗 |
[1:08:27] | I don’t want them to even notice. | 我不想让他们注意到 |
[1:08:29] | We will do our best, Mr. Wilson. | 我们会做到最好 Wilson先生 |
[1:08:31] | I don’t want your best. | 我不要最好 |
[1:08:32] | I want far better than your best. | 我要的是更好 |
[1:08:34] | Is everything under control here, Mr. Wilson? | 一切都在掌控中吗 Wilson先生 |
[1:08:37] | I gather the others caught the train. | 我召集其他人去赶火车 |
[1:08:39] | And this is what we’re left with. | 我们就剩下这了 |
[1:08:41] | Mind you don’t disgrace the state livery, Albert. | 请不要给皇家制服丢脸 Albert |
[1:08:44] | Of course, Mr. Carson. | 是的 Carson先生 |
[1:08:46] | Where is Monsieur Courbet? | Courbet先生在哪儿 |
[1:08:48] | – I came in here to see him. – Uh, he went out. | – 我来这里是找他的 – 他刚才出去了 |
[1:08:50] | So I thought I’d better get on with dinner. Wasn’t I right? | 我想最好由我来跟进晚餐 我说的对吗 |
[1:08:53] | – No, you were not right. You were entirely wrong! – Oh! | 不 你说的不对 大错特错 |
[1:08:58] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:09:00] | I don’t know h-how that happened. | 我不知道怎么搞的 |
[1:09:05] | Well, I shall have to go and change. | 我得去换下衣服 |
[1:09:09] | We’ll sort this out when I return. | 回来了再算账 |
[1:09:22] | Andy Andy. | |
[1:09:29] | If you don’t want me to, I won’t. | 如果你不想让我去 我就不去了 |
[1:09:30] | But you’ve already said that you will. | 但你已经答应他了 |
[1:09:32] | Because it’s a fantastic chance. | 因为这是个宝贵的机会 |
[1:09:34] | It didn’t occur to me you’d mind. | 我没想到你会如此介意 |
[1:09:36] | I don’t, exactly. Not in that way. | 我并不介意 不是介意这个 |
[1:09:38] | Then in what way? | 那介意什么 |
[1:09:39] | I wasn’t going to tell you. | 我没打算告诉你 |
[1:09:41] | I wasn’t going to tell anyone, but… | 我本没打算告诉任何人 但… |
[1:09:44] | I might be pregnant. | 我可能怀孕了 |
[1:09:48] | Oh, darling. | 亲爱的 |
[1:09:52] | How marvelous. | 太神奇了 |
[1:09:54] | How fabulous. | 太美妙了 |
[1:09:56] | My heart is bursting. | 我的心脏在狂跳 |
[1:09:58] | Oh, well, that’s exactly what I don’t want. | 但这其实不是我想要的 |
[1:10:00] | – It could easily go wrong. – Oh, but-but if it doesn’t… | – 也可能会弄错 – 但 但如果不错的话 |
[1:10:02] | Then I’ll give birth | 那我就要生产了 |
[1:10:04] | Just as you set off on your three-month colonial tour. | 就在你三个月的殖民之旅期间 |
[1:10:09] | Why didn’t you say this when I first mentioned it? | 我第一次跟你说的时候 你怎么不告诉我 |
[1:10:11] | You’d agreed before I had the chance. | 在我有机会跟你说之前 你已经答应了 |
[1:10:13] | Secrets always muddle things. | 秘密总是把事搞的乱七八糟 |
[1:10:15] | Oh, yes, that’s right, let’s make it my fault. | 是的 你说的对 这全都变成我的错 |
[1:10:18] | Well, I’ll tell the king I can’t go. | 我会告诉国王我不去了 |
[1:10:21] | And he’ll accept that, will he? | 他会同意吗 |
[1:11:00] | Hello. It’s Miss Smith, isn’t it? | 是Smith小姐吗 |
[1:11:02] | We were talking about you earlier. Weren’t we? | 我们之前还聊到了你 是吗 |
[1:11:04] | Tom Oh, Tom. | |
[1:11:06] | What luck. You know Miss Smith, don’t you? | 真巧 你认识Smith小姐 是吗 |
[1:11:10] | Come along, Mary. | 过来一下 Mary |
[1:11:19] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[1:11:20] | Has something happened? | 发生了什么 |
[1:11:22] | Old Lady Grantham came in while we were dressing. | 我们更衣的时候 老Grantham夫人来了 |
[1:11:25] | I think the stage is set for a fight later, about me. | 我想她们待会儿会因为我争吵 |
[1:11:28] | She thinks Lady Bagshaw means to favor me, | 她觉得Bagshaw夫人要帮助我 |
[1:11:31] | – and she doesn’t approve. – What business is it of hers? | – 她不同意 – 这关她什么事 |
[1:11:34] | Lady Bagshaw must have her reasons, | Bagshaw夫人一定有她自己的打算 |
[1:11:35] | And that’s good enough for me. | 这就够了 |
[1:11:37] | Going down, Tom? | 下来一趟 Tom |
[1:11:40] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:11:47] | Ah, there you are, Miss Lawton. | 你在这里 Lawton小姐 |
[1:11:50] | I hope you’re having a well-earned rest. | 希望你能好好休息一下 |
[1:11:51] | Well, there’s always less for me to do | Aplin小姐一来访 |
[1:11:53] | When Miss Aplin arrives. | 我的差事就少多了 |
[1:11:55] | But we must be ready for the ball tomorrow. | 但我们必须为明天的舞会做好准备 |
[1:11:57] | That’s what I want to talk about. | 我正想聊聊这事 |
[1:11:59] | Later this evening, when I go up to help Lady Hexham, | 今夜晚些时 我去帮Hexham夫人时 |
[1:12:02] | I want you to come with me, | 希望你能同我一起 |
[1:12:04] | Fit a new ball dress and sew it overnight | 试试新的舞会礼服 并缝制一整夜 |
[1:12:06] | So it’s done before you leave in the morning. | 这样你明早走之前 就能完成了 |
[1:12:08] | Why on earth would I do that? | 我为什么要干这些 |
[1:12:10] | The box and cupid from the drawing room. | 客厅的盒子和丘比特 |
[1:12:13] | The library paper knife. | 图书馆的裁纸刀 |
[1:12:16] | Lady Hexham’s painted glass. | Hexham夫人的彩色玻璃 |
[1:12:20] | Never took the glass. | 我没拿玻璃 |
[1:12:22] | Then it must have been broken, like she said. | 那就一定是摔碎了 正如她所言 |
[1:12:25] | But you took something from that room. | 你还从那个房间拿走了东西 |
[1:12:28] | What was it? | 是什么 |
[1:12:30] | A patch box from the dressing table. | 梳妆台上的贴片盒 |
[1:12:33] | I’d like them all back, please. | 我希望能物归原主 |
[1:12:35] | I can’t sew a dress in a night. | 深夜里 我无法看清裙子 |
[1:12:38] | When would I sleep? | 那我什么时候睡觉啊 |
[1:12:40] | When you get to harewood tomorrow. | 明天你到哈里伍德时 |
[1:12:41] | And don’t think I won’t tell. | 别以为我不会说出去 |
[1:12:43] | “Queen’s dresser a thief.” | 王后的裁缝是个贼 |
[1:12:46] | That’ll make headlines from here to Peru. | 从这儿到秘鲁都将会是头条新闻 |
[1:13:02] | The Marquess and Marchioness of Granby. | Granby侯爵及其夫人 |
[1:13:10] | Sir William and Lady Ingleby. | William爵士和Ingleby夫人 |
[1:13:17] | Where are the royal footmen? | 皇家侍从在哪儿 |
[1:13:19] | They’ve had to go back to London. | 他们回伦敦了 |
[1:13:21] | All of them? Wasn’t that rather unlucky? | 所有人吗 这岂不是很不幸 |
[1:13:25] | Unlucky for some, milady. | 对某些人来说是的 夫人 |
[1:13:27] | The Earl and Countess of Scarborough. | Scarborough伯爵及其夫人 |
[1:13:42] | For goodness’ sake! | 上帝啊 |
[1:13:45] | Help me! | 帮帮我 |
[1:13:48] | Will someone help me? | 有人吗 |
[1:14:05] | I’m going on to Turton’s in a minute. | 我过会儿去Turton那边 |
[1:14:08] | Do you know it? | 你知道吗 |
[1:14:16] | I’m Chris Webster, by the way. | 我是Chris Webster |
[1:14:18] | I’m waiting for someone. | 我在等人 |
[1:14:20] | For a very long time. | 等很久了吧 |
[1:14:22] | Perhaps he’s found better things to do. | 也许他已经找到更合适的事做 |
[1:14:25] | And? | 然后呢 |
[1:14:28] | Why don’t you come with me? | 你何不跟我来呢 |
[1:14:31] | You know you want to. | 你知道你想来的 |
[1:14:39] | Excuse me, sir. My name’s Barrow. | 不好意思 先生 我叫Barrow |
[1:14:41] | If someone comes looking for me, | 如果有人来找我的话 |
[1:14:43] | could you tell I’ve gone | 你能告诉他 我已经走了吗 |
[1:14:45] | – Shall I say where to? – Never mind that. – Turton’s. | – 我应该说去哪了吗 – 别管了 – 特顿酒吧 |
[1:14:52] | I just cannot understand where Mr. Wilson has got to. | 我无法理解Wilson先生去哪了 |
[1:14:54] | Never mind him. What about you? | 别管他了 你呢 |
[1:14:56] | Surely, you can’t really mean to | 当然了 你不会真的 |
[1:14:58] | leave His Majesty unattended. | 让陛下无人服侍吧 |
[1:14:59] | But is it for me to attend him? | 但真的是由我来服侍吗 |
[1:15:02] | Well, you’ve got your breeches on. | 你都已经装扮好了 |
[1:15:03] | – Well, I have, but… – Mr. Carson, | – 说得也是 但 – Carson先生 |
[1:15:05] | this is your destiny. | 这是你所属的命运 |
[1:15:07] | You know as much, and so do I. | 你对此很了解 我也和你一样 |
[1:15:09] | Now, accept it proudly. | 那么 自豪地接受吧 |
[1:15:12] | And walk into that room with your head held high. | 昂起头来 走进那房间吧 |
[1:15:15] | You can do it, Mr. Carson. | 你可以的 Carson先生 |
[1:15:21] | Please tell me what is going on. | 请告诉我发生什么事了 |
[1:15:24] | Mr. Courbet is missing, ditto Mr. Wilson, | Courbet先生不见了 Wilson先生也是 |
[1:15:26] | And your footmen are on their way up to London. | 还有你的随从们正前往伦敦的路上 |
[1:15:29] | I am still in charge here. | 这儿依旧是我说了算 |
[1:15:30] | No, Mrs. Webb. These are my people now. | 不对 Webb太太 现在这些是我的人 |
[1:15:33] | So please, uh, go back to the servants’ hall and sit down. | 所以拜托你 回仆人厅去 好好坐着吧 |
[1:15:36] | Or would you rather ruin the evening? | 还是你想要破坏今晚的盛典呢 |
[1:15:40] | That’s telling her. | 知道厉害了吧 |
[1:15:44] | Mrs. Patmore forgot to send up the sauce. | Patmore太太忘记呈上酱汁了 |
[1:15:46] | – And I’ve got the chopped egg. – Oh, that’s kind when it’s not your job. | – 我还拿了碎鸡蛋 – 当这还不是你的工作时 算很好了 |
[1:15:49] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[1:15:50] | We must all pull our weight tonight for Downton’s glory. | 我们都为了今晚唐顿的荣誉做好分内的工作 |
[1:15:53] | Now, are you ready, boys? | 准备好了吗 孩子们 |
[1:15:55] | Ready as we’ll ever be. | 我们随时准备好了 |
[1:15:56] | We’ll be fine, Mrs. Hughes. | 我们会没事的 Hughes太太 |
[1:15:57] | What about you, Mr. Molesley? | 那你呢 Molesley先生 |
[1:15:59] | I know I’m gonna forget my lines. | 我知道我肯定要忘词的 |
[1:16:00] | You haven’t got any lines. | 你又没有任何台词 |
[1:16:02] | – You’re on. – Oh. Right. | – 该你上了 – 对 |
[1:16:05] | And, Mr. Molesley? | 还有 Molesley先生 |
[1:16:07] | Remember to breathe. | 要记得呼吸 |
[1:16:09] | Breathe, yeah. | 对 呼吸 |
[1:16:11] | Gentlemen. | 绅士们 |
[1:16:43] | I’m glad you’re here, Mr. Carson. | 很高兴你在这儿 Carson先生 |
[1:16:45] | I must go where my king needs me. | 国王哪里需要我 我就去哪 |
[1:16:56] | – Hello. – All right. | – 你们好 – 好了 |
[1:17:08] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[1:17:13] | Looks like we’ve got some new blood here. | 看来我们有新人来了 |
[1:17:15] | Hello. | 你好呀 |
[1:17:17] | You’re a very charming young man. | 你是个很有魅力的年轻人 |
[1:17:20] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:17:22] | Stay with me! Stay with me, Michael! | 留下 留下来吧 Michael |
[1:17:25] | I can’t believe this. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[1:17:27] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从来没见过像这样的地方 |
[1:17:30] | There’s a first time for everything. | 凡事总有第一次 |
[1:17:32] | I know, but… | 我知道 但是 |
[1:17:33] | Here. Come dance with me. | 过来 和我一起跳舞吧 |
[1:17:40] | I said, “There’s your friend.” | 我说 那是你的朋友 |
[1:17:44] | No, my friend’s over there. | 不对 我朋友在那儿呢 |
[1:17:48] | I wish I could tell them how grateful they should be to you. | 我希望我能跟他们说 对你该有多感激 |
[1:17:52] | You were every bit as brave as I was. | 你和我同样勇敢 |
[1:17:54] | Mary Mary, | |
[1:17:55] | You’re talking in the wrong direction. | 你说话方向不对呢 |
[1:18:00] | Don’t worry about granny. | 别担心奶奶 |
[1:18:01] | She’s getting ready to give cousin Maud a grilling. | 她正准备对她表妹Maud盘问呢 |
[1:18:04] | Mainly, I suspect, about her maid. | 我猜主要是 关于她女仆的事 |
[1:18:07] | I think Lady Bagshaw sees her as more than just her maid. | 我想Bagshaw夫人不止把她看作女仆这么简单 |
[1:18:10] | Oh, I’m sure she does. | 对 我也确定 |
[1:18:12] | And that’s what granny’s afraid of. | 那就是奶奶所害怕的 |
[1:18:14] | I might as well admit… | 我也不妨承认 |
[1:18:16] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[1:18:18] | Good. | 不错 |
[1:18:19] | Don’t let them put you off. | 别让他们耽误你 |
[1:18:22] | Tom, you’re looking pleased with yourself. | Tom 你看起来很开心 |
[1:18:24] | He was just praising | 他只是在赞美 |
[1:18:25] | Lady Bagshaw’s maid. | Bagshaw夫人的女仆 |
[1:18:26] | Well, uh, how did she contrive to make your acquaintance? | 是嘛 她是怎么想方设法与你结识的呢 |
[1:18:32] | She didn’t contrive anything. We met by chance. | 她没谋划任何事 我们是偶遇认识的 |
[1:18:34] | What simpletons men are. | 男人真是愚蠢啊 |
[1:18:37] | This is good. | 这菜真好吃 |
[1:18:38] | And I thought something else was planned. | 我以为是吃别的菜呢 |
[1:18:40] | But it is excellent. | 但这个真的很棒 |
[1:18:42] | So, a well-done to old Courbet. | 那么 老Courbet表现很好 |
[1:18:44] | – Oh, yes. – Yes, very delicious. | – 是啊 – 没错 非常美味 |
[1:18:46] | This wasn’t Monsieur Courbet, Your Majesty. | 这菜不是Courbet先生做的 陛下 |
[1:18:48] | Mrs. Patmore cooked it. | 是Patmore太太做的 |
[1:18:49] | In fact, it is the Downton Abbey staff | 实际上 今晚是唐顿庄园的仆人 |
[1:18:52] | who are serving you this evening. | 来为您们效劳的 |
[1:19:01] | Oh. | 完了 |
[1:19:07] | Oh. | 完了 |
[1:19:11] | I do beg your pardon, Your Majesty. | 请您原谅 陛下 |
[1:19:13] | That’s quite enough, Molesley. | 这已足够 Molesley |
[1:19:17] | You must give our compliments to Mrs. Patmore. | 请务必把我们的称赞传达给Patmore夫人 |
[1:19:20] | And all the staff. | 以及全体仆人 |
[1:19:22] | – Molesley. – huh? | – Molesley – 啊 |
[1:19:24] | Her Majesty is speaking to you. | 王后陛下在和你说话呢 |
[1:19:31] | With pleasure, Your Majesty. | 十分荣幸 王后陛下 |
[1:19:49] | That was kind of you, ma’am. | 您人真好 陛下 |
[1:19:50] | I suppose he’s excited | 我猜他肯定颇为激动 |
[1:19:52] | that they’ve had to take over from our people. | 从我们的人手中接过他们的活来干 |
[1:19:55] | I wonder what’s happened. | 我想知道发生了什么 |
[1:19:56] | Whatever may have happened does not excuse his behavior. | 无论发生什么事 都不能为他的不举找借口 |
[1:19:59] | I can assure you, Lady Grantham, | 我可以向你保证 Grantham夫人 |
[1:20:01] | We are quite used to people behaving strangely, | 我们都相当习惯人家行为举止奇怪的时候 |
[1:20:03] | when we are near. | 在当我们较为亲近的时候 |
[1:20:20] | – Whoa! – That’s it. I’ve got you. | – 哇 – 就是这样 我接住你了 |
[1:20:29] | The peelers are here! | 警察来了 |
[1:20:31] | It’s the police! | 是警察 |
[1:20:33] | Make sure no one scarpers. Block all the exits. | 确保一个不漏地抓 封锁所有的出口 |
[1:20:35] | – What’s going on? – All right, gentlemen, | – 发生什么事 – 好了 绅士们 |
[1:20:36] | That’s the end of your evening. Shut that music up now! | 愉快的夜晚结束了 把音乐关掉 |
[1:20:39] | Right! | 对 |
[1:20:41] | You are all coming to the station with us. | 所有人都跟我们回警局 |
[1:20:45] | We’re just having a bit of fun, officer. | 我们只是找点乐子而已 警官 |
[1:20:47] | No one’s making any trouble. | 没有人惹麻烦 |
[1:20:48] | That’s for the judge to decide. | 那就交给法官来评判吧 |
[1:20:49] | – Judge? – What did you think? | – 法官 – 不然你以为呢 |
[1:20:50] | We’re gonna slap your wrists and send you home? | 难道我们就拍拍你们的手腕 然后把你们送回家吗 |
[1:20:52] | I’ve never been here before. | 我之前没来过这里 |
[1:20:54] | You’re here now. Right! | 你不就在这儿了嘛 好了 |
[1:20:55] | Gather your things! | 拿好你们的东西 |
[1:20:56] | You’re coming with us, you dirty perverts. Out. | 跟我们走 一群变态 出去 |
[1:21:00] | – Get out! Move it! – Come on, you filthy sods. | – 出去 走呀 – 快点 讨厌鬼 |
[1:21:05] | – Come on, you lot. – Pack it in. Get in the van. | – 你们快点 – 进去 上车 |
[1:21:10] | Sort it out. | 这人出来 |
[1:21:31] | – There we are, my dear. – Oh, thank you. | – 给你 亲爱的 – 谢谢您 |
[1:21:33] | Yes, darling. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[1:21:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:21:38] | There might be a moment. | 可能要一会儿了 |
[1:21:42] | I met the maid. | 我见过那女仆 |
[1:21:44] | She has Maud wound around her little finger. | 她把Maud玩得团团转 |
[1:21:46] | – Then we need to know why. – Mm. | – 那我们要知道原因了 – 嗯 |
[1:21:48] | Well, I’ll look forward to it, gentlemen. | 我会很期待的 绅士们 |
[1:21:50] | – Thank you, Your majesty. – Milord. | – 谢谢您 陛下 – 老爷 |
[1:21:53] | What is it, Hexham? | 怎么了 Hexham |
[1:21:55] | Well, Your Majesty, it’s this. | 陛下 是这样的 |
[1:21:57] | I’ve just learned that Lady Hexham | 我刚听闻Hexham夫人 |
[1:21:59] | is expecting our first child. | 即将迎来我们的首个孩子 |
[1:22:02] | But that’s wonderful news. | 那真是个好消息 |
[1:22:03] | We’re not telling anyone quite yet, | 我们还没告诉其他人 |
[1:22:05] | but I thought you’d be interested. | 但我想您应该会感兴趣 |
[1:22:07] | And so I am. Congratulations. | 那确实是 恭喜你们 |
[1:22:11] | The-the thing is, sir, | 问题是 陛下 |
[1:22:13] | It’s due to be born around the time | 孩子出生的时间 |
[1:22:15] | The prince and I will be setting off on tour. | 恰逢我和王子殿下出发的时候 |
[1:22:17] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[1:22:18] | Please make it register with him. | 请务必让他知道这事 |
[1:22:21] | Help the prince to understand what it means | 能有助于王子明白 |
[1:22:23] | To have a real family life. | 一个真正的家庭生活是什么样的 |
[1:22:25] | You can be such an example to him. | 你能为他树个榜样 |
[1:22:27] | I know it. | 我知道你行 |
[1:22:29] | Very well. Let’s get to the point. | 很好 开门见山吧 |
[1:22:33] | Robert is my nearest relation on my father’s side. | 在我父亲那边 Robert是我关系最亲的人 |
[1:22:37] | He is. | 没错 |
[1:22:39] | But he will not be my heir. | 但他不会是我的继承人 |
[1:22:40] | And there we have it. | 我们知道这个 |
[1:22:44] | Who will be? Can you tell us? | 那会是谁呢 能告诉我们吗 |
[1:22:45] | Lucy Smith, my maid. | Lucy Smith 我的女仆 |
[1:22:48] | What? Are you out of your mind? | 你说什么 你疯了吗 |
[1:22:51] | No. And I know what I’m doing. | 没有 我清楚自己在做什么 |
[1:22:53] | On the contrary, you’re-you’re clearly insane. | 那么相反 你明显精神不正常 |
[1:22:55] | You should be in an asylum. | 你应该去精神病院 |
[1:22:57] | How like you. A word of resistance, | 你看你 一句不顺你意的话 |
[1:22:59] | and you slash with your saber. | 你就锋芒毕露 |
[1:23:01] | It is lucky for Miss Smith that I do not own a saber. | 那Smith小姐应该庆幸 我并没有长剑 |
[1:23:04] | So, this is truly your choice? | 那么 这真是你的选择吗 |
[1:23:07] | Lucy has taken care of me for many years. | Lucy已经照顾我多年 |
[1:23:09] | I wish to show my gratitude. | 我希望能对此表示我的感激 |
[1:23:12] | With the family house? | 带上家族宅邸 |
[1:23:14] | With the family estate? | 还有家族地产吗 |
[1:23:15] | You belong in a straitjacket. | 你应该穿束身衣 |
[1:23:17] | To treat your maid as a blood relation | 把你的女仆视作血脉之亲 |
[1:23:21] | is to unpick every fiber of the English way of life. | 是在颠覆英国传统的方方面面 |
[1:23:25] | What piffle you talk. | 说什么蠢话 |
[1:23:26] | – Oh! – Please, there is no need to argue. | – 你 – 拜托了 没必要争论 |
[1:23:29] | I never argue. | 我从不争论 |
[1:23:30] | I explain. | 我只是在解释 |
[1:23:32] | Face it, Violet, I’ll outlive you anyway, | 接受吧 Violet 我反正活得比你久 |
[1:23:34] | So it need trouble you no further. | 所以没必要麻烦你了 |
[1:23:36] | And now… I must attend Her Majesty. | 以及眼下 我要去陪王后了 |
[1:23:44] | Game, set and match to Lady Bagshaw. | 这游戏为Lady Bagshaw量身打造呢 |
[1:23:47] | Not while I’m the umpire. | 只要我是裁判 休想 |
[1:23:53] | We had a few drinks, and Mr. Barrow thought | 我们喝了几杯 然后Barrow先生觉得 |
[1:23:56] | It’d be fun to play a trick on the queers, that’s all. | 和同性恋开个玩笑会很有趣的 就这样而已 |
[1:23:59] | He was only in there for five minutes. | 他就在那里待了五分钟而已 |
[1:24:00] | Dancing the tango with another man. | 和另一个男人跳着探戈 |
[1:24:04] | Come on, sergeant, it was a joke. | 拜托了 警长 就是个玩笑而已 |
[1:24:09] | Turns your stomach, though. | 让您不舒服了 |
[1:24:11] | – Relieved to hear it. – Yeah, I’d rather be dead | – 那我就放心了 – 是的 我宁愿去死 |
[1:24:13] | if I thought I was one of them. | 要是我是他们的话 |
[1:24:18] | But what can I say to the Earl? | 但我该怎么跟伯爵说呢 |
[1:24:21] | What Earl? | 什么伯爵 |
[1:24:23] | The Earl of Grantham. | Grantham伯爵 |
[1:24:25] | Mr. Barrow is his butler. | Barrow先生是他的管家 |
[1:24:26] | Of course, you’ll want to see proof | 当然了 有必要给你看看 |
[1:24:28] | of my identity. | 我的身份证明 |
[1:24:54] | – Was it you who got me out? – No. | 是你把我救出来的吗 – 不是 |
[1:24:57] | The good fairy came down on a moonbeam. | 是从月光下凡的仙女救你出来的 |
[1:25:01] | How did you know where I’d gone? | 你怎么知道我去哪儿了 |
[1:25:03] | The landlord told me. | 房东告诉我的 |
[1:25:05] | Waited outside, followed you here. | 我在外面等 跟踪你到这儿 |
[1:25:07] | Then I showed the sergeant my card, | 然后我就向警长出示我的卡 |
[1:25:09] | and that seemed to settle things. | 然后事情就摆平了 |
[1:25:14] | “the royal household.” | 皇室内府 |
[1:25:16] | He must have loved that. | 他一定很喜欢 |
[1:25:22] | I’m a… | 我 |
[1:25:23] | I’m afraid I’ve been a silly boy. | 我刚才真是傻 |
[1:25:27] | You just need to be a bit more circumspect | 你只要在以后 |
[1:25:29] | in future, Mr. Barrow. | 多点谨慎心就好 Barrow先生 |
[1:25:46] | Could you please remove it, milady, | 请您把衣服脱下来 |
[1:25:47] | leaving the pins in place? | 但不动别针好吗 夫人 |
[1:25:49] | Can you really get it done before you go? | 你能在走之前弄好吗 |
[1:25:52] | – I don’t see how. – She’ll finish it. | – 我不怎么确定 – 她会搞定的 |
[1:25:55] | – Won’t you? – I’ll do my best. | – 是吗 – 我会竭尽所能的 |
[1:25:57] | I’m sure you’ll manage. | 我知道你肯定可以 |
[1:25:59] | By the way, I think I know what happened to the cupid | 话说 我知道客厅的丘比特 |
[1:26:02] | From the drawing room, milady. | 是怎么回事了 夫人 |
[1:26:04] | Really? Was it missing? | 真的 是丢失了吗 |
[1:26:06] | Your dress will be ready in the morning, milady. | 您的裙子明早就能弄好了 夫人 |
[1:26:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:26:12] | I don’t know how you persuaded her. | 不知道你是怎么说服她的 |
[1:26:16] | She’s nice, really. When you get to know her. | 她人不错 真的 当你了解她之后 |
[1:26:19] | Is there anything else? | 还有什么事吩咐的吗 |
[1:26:21] | Only to say that you’re a genius. | 只能说你是个天才 |
[1:26:22] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[1:26:33] | I’m afraid I didn’t get anywhere. | 我恐怕没什么进展 |
[1:26:36] | Well, that’s that. | 那没什么可说的了 |
[1:26:38] | Just because the king doesn’t see that a man | 就因为国王不想看见 |
[1:26:40] | has any part to play in childbearing. | 男人参与任何生儿育女的过程 |
[1:26:41] | Well, he doesn’t. | 的确 他不想 |
[1:26:43] | But you’d think he’d know that one likes to be around. | 但你会想说 他应该知道要做父亲的人的不舍才对 |
[1:26:46] | You can’t just tell him no? | 你就不能直接拒绝他吗 |
[1:26:47] | Darling, I’m one of the senior peers in the land. | 亲爱的 我是我们国家的王公贵族之一 |
[1:26:50] | What do you think that means? | 那你觉得是什么意思呢 |
[1:26:52] | What do you think I’m sworn to? | 你觉得我为什么而效忠 |
[1:27:02] | Lady Bagshaw, could I have a word | Bagshaw夫人 我能在你唤女仆之前 |
[1:27:04] | before you ring for your maid? | 和你说会话吗 |
[1:27:08] | Does Lucy know that you’re her mother? | Lucy知道你是她母亲吗 |
[1:27:14] | She does. | 她知道 |
[1:27:16] | For years, I said I was her godmother, | 多年来 我和她说我是她的养母 |
[1:27:18] | but I told her the truth on her 18th birthday. | 但我在她18岁生日的时候说了实话 |
[1:27:20] | How old was she when Jack died? | Jack过世时 她当时多大 |
[1:27:23] | Six. | 六岁 |
[1:27:25] | She’d lived with jack and his mother until then. | 直到那时 她和Jack以及她的母亲一直生活在一起 |
[1:27:29] | But I took her into the house, | 但我把她带去和我同住 |
[1:27:30] | and she went to the village school, | 然后 她去农村学校上学 |
[1:27:32] | until, eventually, she became my maid. | 直到最终 她成了我的女仆 |
[1:27:34] | I suppose if she’d been your ward, | 我猜如果她成了你的受监护人 |
[1:27:36] | People would have guessed. | 人们肯定会猜疑的 |
[1:27:37] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:27:39] | Who takes notice of a servant? | 谁会去留意仆人呢 |
[1:27:41] | I hid her in plain sight. | 我把她藏在众目睽睽之下 |
[1:27:44] | Did you love Jack Smith? | 你爱Jack Smith吗 |
[1:27:49] | Everyone should know a total love at least once. | 每个人都该懂得至少一次好的爱情 |
[1:27:52] | Jack was mine. | Jack就是我的那一次 |
[1:27:58] | My husband was very dull, you know? | 我丈夫非常无趣 你知道吧 |
[1:28:01] | He wasn’t a bad man, but… | 他并不是坏人 但是 |
[1:28:03] | but he wasn’t a clever one, either. | 但他也不是个聪明人 |
[1:28:06] | Then he died, and Jack came to see me, | 接着他过世了之后 Jack来找我 |
[1:28:09] | and it began from there. | 然后就在那里开始了 |
[1:28:11] | How daring. | 真是大胆 |
[1:28:13] | I know it sounds reckless, | 我知道这听起来很鲁莽 |
[1:28:15] | But I was 39 when I got pregnant. | 但在我39岁的时候 发现自己怀孕了 |
[1:28:17] | I thought I was barren. | 我还以为我无法生育呢 |
[1:28:20] | Of course, I knew I couldn’t tell my father, so… | 当然了 我知道自己不能跟我父亲说 所以 |
[1:28:24] | I went to America. | 我就去了美国 |
[1:28:26] | They must have thought that wild. | 他们肯定觉得很疯狂 |
[1:28:28] | Well, little did they know how wild it really was. | 他们不知道有多疯狂呢 |
[1:28:32] | But you were happy with jack? | 但你和Jack在一起幸福吗 |
[1:28:34] | Oh, very. | 非常幸福 |
[1:28:38] | We had ten years together before he died. | 在他过世之前 我们在一起了十年 |
[1:28:42] | I’d have married him if I’d had the courage. | 如果我鼓起勇气的话 我就会嫁给他了 |
[1:28:46] | I was weak. | 但我没有 |
[1:28:48] | But you never knew my father. | 而你不了解我父亲 |
[1:28:50] | I suppose royal service kept you silent on the subject. | 我猜皇室内府不会让你说出去的 |
[1:28:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:54] | In a way. | 某种程度上是 |
[1:28:57] | But it was cowardice, really. | 但真的 是因为我胆小 |
[1:29:01] | Now, by making lucy my heir, | 眼下 让Lucy作为我的继承人 |
[1:29:04] | I will have taken the first step. | 我已经迈出了第一步 |
[1:29:08] | You must tell Violet at once. | 你要第一时间跟Violet说 |
[1:29:10] | – I couldn’t. – You’re wrong. | – 我不能 – 你错了 |
[1:29:12] | As soon as she knows the truth, she’ll fathom your plans | 她一旦知道真相 她会理解你的计划 |
[1:29:15] | And cease to fight you. | 并且不再针对你 |
[1:29:17] | The servants seem to be enjoying themselves tonight. | 今晚仆人们似乎很享受呢 |
[1:29:20] | Especially Molesley. | Molesley更甚 |
[1:29:24] | What happened to the royal team? | 皇家团队怎么了 |
[1:29:27] | It’s a long story, milady. | 说来话长 夫人 |
[1:29:29] | But you’re right. We did have fun. | 但你说对了 我们的确很开心 |
[1:29:31] | Well, I’m glad it’s gone well for everyone. | 是嘛 我很高兴大家都挺顺利的 |
[1:29:35] | But I don’t think I could face doing it again. | 但我不觉得 还能再来一次 |
[1:29:37] | You’re not finished yet. | 还没结束呢 |
[1:29:39] | You’ve still got the ball at Harewood. | 你还是要去Harewood的舞会呢 |
[1:29:41] | Yes, but it won’t be our fault if anything goes wrong. | 是的 但如果出差错了 不用怪罪到我们 |
[1:29:43] | That’s not very cheerful. | 这话听着不是很高兴啊 |
[1:29:46] | The last few days have made me think. | 这几天发生的事让我在想 |
[1:29:48] | Should we really go on with it? | 我们真的应该坚持下去吗 |
[1:29:51] | We’re running the house with too few people as it is, | 庄园的人已经太少了 |
[1:29:53] | And half of those here now will leave soon. | 而且现在住这儿的人 有一半不久就会离开 |
[1:29:56] | What are you saying, milady? | 您是什么意思 小姐 |
[1:29:58] | Isn’t it time to chuck in the towel? | 是时候认输了吧 |
[1:30:00] | Lots of people have. | 很多人都认输了 |
[1:30:04] | You mean… leave Downton? | 您是说 离开唐顿庄园 |
[1:30:08] | We could sell it for a school | 我们可以卖了它建所学校 |
[1:30:09] | Or an old people’s home or something. | 或者建个养老院什么的 |
[1:30:12] | And buy a manor house with a modest estate | 然后买座小一点的庄园 |
[1:30:15] | And live a normal life. | 过普通生活 |
[1:30:17] | Is that what you want? | 这是您想要的吗 |
[1:30:21] | I want everything to stop being such a struggle. | 我想要一切不再这么难 |
[1:30:25] | Will the staff stay? Will the farms pay? | 员工会不会留下 农场能不能盈利 |
[1:30:29] | What are we going to do about the roof? | 屋顶要怎么处理 |
[1:30:32] | When I was putting up the chairs in the rain, | 我淋着雨摆椅子的时候 |
[1:30:34] | I kept thinking, “What am I doing?” | 一直在想 我这是在干吗 |
[1:30:37] | I’ll tell you what you’re doing, milady. | 我来告诉您您在做什么 小姐 |
[1:30:39] | You’re making a center for the people who work here. | 您为在这里工作的人创造了一个中心 |
[1:30:42] | For this village. | 也为这个乡村 |
[1:30:44] | For the county. | 为这个郡 |
[1:30:46] | Downton Abbey is the heart of this community, | 唐顿庄园是这个社区的心脏 |
[1:30:49] | And you’re keeping it beating. | 而你让它跳动 |
[1:30:53] | So you think we should battle on? | 所以你觉得我们应该坚持战斗 |
[1:30:55] | While there’s blood in your veins. | 只要您身体里还有血液流动 |
[1:31:10] | Ah, Miss Smith. | 啊 Smith小姐 |
[1:31:12] | Is she settled for the night? | 她安心睡下了吗 |
[1:31:13] | She’s more rattled than settled. | 不是安心 是担心 |
[1:31:15] | And I was right. | 而且我猜对了 |
[1:31:17] | There was an argument. And it was about me. | 她们吵了一架 是关于我的 |
[1:31:20] | I hear from Lord Grantham | 我听Grantham伯爵说 |
[1:31:21] | She’s planning to alter your life for the better. | 她想让你过上更好的生活 |
[1:31:23] | He says old Lady Grantham was up in arms. | 他说Grantham老夫人竭力反对 |
[1:31:25] | I can imagine. | 我想象得出 |
[1:31:28] | Are you entitled to your good luck? | 你有资格得到这份幸运吗 |
[1:31:31] | Do you know why she’s doing it? | 你知道她为什么这么做吗 |
[1:31:33] | I do. | 我知道 |
[1:31:35] | And I think it’s fair. | 我觉得很公平 |
[1:31:38] | Go forward in health, and use your luck wisely. | 一路保重 明智地利用你的幸运 |
[1:31:42] | I have such a feeling that you can understand | 我感觉你能理解 |
[1:31:44] | What’s going on inside my head | 我脑袋里在想什么 |
[1:31:46] | When no one else does | 其他人不能 |
[1:31:48] | Or ever could. | 或者说从来没能 |
[1:31:53] | I’ll miss our talks. | 我会想念我们的聊天的 |
[1:31:56] | Would you like to write to me? | 你愿意写信给我吗 |
[1:31:58] | I could always provide a shoulder. | 我永远可以提供一个依靠的肩膀 |
[1:32:00] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[1:32:02] | Really? | 真的 |
[1:32:08] | I should be pleased and flattered if you would. | 如果你愿意的话 我会感到很高兴很荣幸 |
[1:32:28] | And now I think it’s time to say good night, Mr. Branson | 我觉得到该说晚安的时候了 Branson先生 |
[1:32:32] | Good night, Miss Smith. | 晚安 Smith小姐 |
[1:32:44] | Here’s to the triumph of Downton | 敬唐顿庄园的胜利 |
[1:32:46] | And my beautiful wife. | 以及我美丽的妻子 |
[1:32:48] | Oh, here’s to all of you who brought it off. | 噢 敬出了力的所有人 |
[1:32:50] | Here’s to Mr. Carson for swallowing his principles. | 敬把原则吞下肚里的Carson先生 |
[1:32:53] | Well, I shan’t sleep a wink tonight. | 我今晚是没法安心睡觉了 |
[1:32:55] | And here’s to Her Majesty | 敬女王陛下 |
[1:32:56] | For taking pity on Mr. Molesley. | 感谢她可怜Molesley先生 |
[1:32:58] | For a moment there, I thought I was headed for the tower. | 有一瞬间 我觉得自己脑袋要不保了 |
[1:33:02] | You’re not coming round to ’em, are you? | 你不会是变到他们的立场了吧 |
[1:33:04] | Uh, it was decent of her, Daisy, | 她很得体 Daisy |
[1:33:05] | When she could have let it spoil things. | 晚宴本来可能搞砸的 |
[1:33:07] | Not everyone’s like Robespierre. | 不是所有人都像Robespierre |
[1:33:09] | Let’s hear it for the King and Queen. | 让我们为国王和女王喝彩 |
[1:33:11] | The King and Queen. | 敬国王和女王 |
[1:33:14] | I’ve got to tell you something, Daisy. | 我要跟你说点事 Daisy |
[1:33:20] | It was me that broke the pump. | 水泵是我弄坏的 |
[1:33:22] | I don’t know what I was doing. | 我不知道我当时在搞什么 |
[1:33:24] | I was just in a jealous rage. | 我就是吃醋很生气 |
[1:33:25] | – Why? – It was that plumber you made eyes at. | – 为什么 – 因为和你眉目传情的那个水管工 |
[1:33:28] | I just saw red. | 我就很愤怒 |
[1:33:29] | And then when I realized I’d brought him back to the house | 然后我意识到这样又把他叫了回来 |
[1:33:31] | I went nearly mad. | 我差点气疯了 |
[1:33:32] | I did not make eyes. | 我才没眉目传情 |
[1:33:34] | I liked him, but there was nothing more to it. | 我是喜欢他 但是仅此而已 |
[1:33:37] | Well, I feel a fool now. | 我现在觉得自己是个傻子 |
[1:33:40] | You tried to wreck the visit of the King of England. | 你破坏英国国王的访问 |
[1:33:43] | You risked being sacked, | 你冒着被开除的风险 |
[1:33:45] | you risked ruin… | 你冒险搞破坏 |
[1:33:46] | …just for the love of me? | 就是因为爱我 |
[1:33:48] | I just… my feelings took over. | 我只是 我被愤怒冲昏了头 |
[1:33:50] | That’s all I can say. | 我只能这么说了 |
[1:33:52] | Can you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[1:33:54] | Forgive you? | 原谅你 |
[1:33:56] | Oh, Andy, I’d have done it myself if I’d had the nerve. | 噢 Andy 如果我有这胆儿 我也会这么做的 |
[1:34:00] | Don’t you see what it means? | 你没看出来这说明了什么吗 |
[1:34:02] | We’re alike, you and I. | 我们很像 你和我 |
[1:34:04] | Full of passion for what matters. | 对重要的事满腹激情 |
[1:34:06] | I thought you were easily satisfied, | 我本来以为你很容易满足 |
[1:34:08] | But I see now you’re not. | 但是我现在知道了 你不是 |
[1:34:11] | So we can fight our way to a better world together. | 所以我们可以一起打拼出一个更好的未来 |
[1:34:16] | I’m not sure I’ve shown enough gratitude for what you did. | 你帮了我 我实在是感激不尽 |
[1:34:19] | We have to stick together, men like us. | 我们得互相支持 我们这种男人 |
[1:34:21] | That’s the point. | 问题就在这里 |
[1:34:22] | I don’t know any men like I am. | 我不认识其他跟我一样的男人 |
[1:34:23] | I’ve never just talked to someone like me. | 我从没和同类人说过话 |
[1:34:26] | Well, we’re talking now. | 我们现在就在说话 |
[1:34:27] | And it feels good. | 这感觉很好 |
[1:34:29] | Just to be two blokes, having a chat, | 就只是两个男人 聊聊天 |
[1:34:31] | Not trying to fit in for once. | 至少有一次不用努力合群 |
[1:34:33] | Well, we all have to do what we must to get by. | 为了生活 我们都要做必须做的事 |
[1:34:36] | But yeah. Feels good to be two ordinary blokes. | 不过没错 就当两个普通人的感觉很好 |
[1:34:41] | Will they ever see it our way? | 他们有天会理解我们吗 |
[1:34:44] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:34:46] | 50 years ago, who’d have thought man could fly? | 50年前 谁会想到人能够飞呢 |
[1:35:19] | Mrs. Bates? | Bates太太 |
[1:35:22] | Well, here’s the dress. | 裙子改好了 |
[1:35:25] | We can try it before you leave. | 在你走之前先上身试一下 |
[1:35:26] | No need. It’ll fit. | 没必要 会合身的 |
[1:35:32] | Those are the things you wanted. | 这是你要的东西 |
[1:35:38] | Why do you do it, Miss Lawton? | 你为什么要这么做 Lawton小姐 |
[1:35:41] | Doesn’t it ever worry you | 你难道没感到困扰过吗 |
[1:35:42] | That on each table in this house, | 这幢房子里的每张桌子上 |
[1:35:44] | There’s an ornament that you couldn’t buy with a year’s wages? | 都是你用一年的薪水都买不起的装饰品 |
[1:35:46] | And what’s your answer? | 而你的答案是什么 |
[1:35:48] | Because everyone can’t have them, | 因为不是所有人都能拥有它们 |
[1:35:49] | No one should have them? | 所以谁都不能拥有吗 |
[1:35:50] | No. | 不 |
[1:35:51] | My answer is, “Why can’t I have them? | 我的答案是 为什么我不能拥有它们 |
[1:35:54] | Or some of them.” | 或者拥有部分 |
[1:35:56] | Don’t worry, they won’t miss what I take. | 别担心 他们不会想念我拿的东西的 |
[1:35:59] | I doubt there’s more than one in 100 | 我怀疑100个人里面会不会有一个人 |
[1:36:00] | Would even notice they’re gone. | 注意到东西丢了 |
[1:36:02] | But they’re not yours, Miss Lawton. | 但是它们不属于你 Lawton小姐 |
[1:36:04] | And they never will be. | 而且以后也不会 |
[1:36:05] | I’d give it up if I were you. | 如果我是你我就会停手 |
[1:36:08] | What if people were to think Her Majesty was light-fingered | 要是人们觉得女王爱偷东西怎么办 |
[1:36:11] | If things go missing from every house she stays in? | 如果她待过的每个房子都丢了东西 |
[1:36:16] | Keep your advice for someone who’s interested, Mrs. Bates. | 你的建议跟想听的人说去吧 Bates太太 |
[1:36:20] | Those doors play up something dreadful. | 这些门出了严重的问题 |
[1:36:23] | They jam and stick for no reason. | 莫名其妙卡住了 |
[1:36:25] | It’s happened to everyone. | 所有人的门都这样 |
[1:36:26] | Why didn’t any of you look for me? | 为什么没有人来找我 |
[1:36:28] | I thought I’d seen you go out, Mr. Wilson. | 我以为我看见你出去了 Wilson先生 |
[1:36:30] | I’m afraid I was mistaken. | 恐怕是我看错了 |
[1:36:32] | Just as you were mistaken in not waking Monsieur Courbet. | 就像你们失误没叫醒Courbet先生 |
[1:36:35] | We thought he’d gone out and all. | 我们以为他出去了 |
[1:36:41] | Thank you, Mrs. Hughes. | 谢谢 Hughs太太 |
[1:36:42] | Uh, a little more marmalade, if you please. | 请再来点橘子酱吧 |
[1:36:45] | The footmen have telephoned this morning. | 男仆今天上午打了电话过来 |
[1:36:47] | It seems it was a hoax that took them up to London. | 去伦敦的事好像是恶作剧 |
[1:36:50] | – But who would do that? – Who, indeed? | – 但谁会做这种事呢 – 谁会呢 |
[1:36:53] | We can investigate when we get to Harewood. | 等到了Harewood我们可以调查一下 |
[1:36:56] | I should be careful, Monsieur Courbet, | 是我就谨慎些 Courbet先生 |
[1:36:57] | Unless you enjoy ridicule. | 除非你喜欢被嘲笑 |
[1:37:00] | – What? – I’d say the dinner was a success. | – 什么 – 我觉得晚餐做得很成功 |
[1:37:03] | They sent down their compliments, | 他们传达了称赞 |
[1:37:05] | So I think it must have been. | 所以我觉得应该是成功的 |
[1:37:07] | Well, then, why call attention to it? | 既然如此 何必还要再提呢 |
[1:37:10] | Would you show to advantage in this story, do you think? | 你在这件事里面有颜面吗 你觉得 |
[1:37:13] | But what do we say if we’re asked? | 但是如果被问起 我们怎么说呢 |
[1:37:16] | There was a confusion in London. | 伦敦那边搞错了 |
[1:37:18] | Monsieur Courbet was ill. | Courbet先生生病了 |
[1:37:20] | If I were you, I wouldn’t mention it. | 如果我是你 我就不提 |
[1:37:22] | Not unless they bring it up. | 除非他们问起来 |
[1:37:25] | Quite right. | 一点没错 |
[1:37:32] | There you are. | 你在这呢 |
[1:37:35] | I’ve been looking everywhere. | 我四处找你 |
[1:37:40] | What’s the matter, darling? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[1:37:42] | Is it something I can help with? | 我能帮到你吗 |
[1:37:46] | Judging by last night, I doubt it. | 从昨晚看来 我觉得不能 |
[1:37:51] | I just want to own my own life. | 我只是想自己的生活自己做主 |
[1:37:53] | I want to say things that I think and do what I like. | 我想说我心里想的话 做喜欢做的事 |
[1:37:56] | – Don’t you now? – No. | – 你现在不就是吗 – 不是 |
[1:37:58] | I spend my time entertaining people who bore me to death | 我花时间招待那些无聊的要死的人 |
[1:38:01] | Because they’re entitled to sit at our table. | 因为他们有资格坐在我们的餐桌上 |
[1:38:03] | I attend committees that I haven’t chosen | 我身不由己加入那些委员会 |
[1:38:06] | Because they’ve chosen me. | 因为他们选了我 |
[1:38:08] | I used to have a job that I loved, but not anymore. | 我曾经有一份热爱的工作 但现在没了 |
[1:38:12] | And now my husband won’t be there when I have a baby. | 而现在 我生孩子的时候 丈夫却不在身边 |
[1:38:15] | The woman in the lodge is entitled to that, | 住乡下小屋的女人都有丈夫陪 |
[1:38:17] | but I’m not. | 但我却没有 |
[1:38:30] | Early warning. | 预警 |
[1:38:31] | Their Majesties are getting ready to leave. | 国王和女王准备离开了 |
[1:38:33] | Very good, milord. | 好的 老爷 |
[1:38:40] | Darling, what’s the matter? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[1:38:43] | Nothing you can help with. | 你帮不上忙的 |
[1:38:45] | Can’t I try? | 我能试试吗 |
[1:38:49] | Oh, uh, we should go up. | 我们该上去了 |
[1:38:50] | Their Majesties are on their way. | 国王和女王要出去了 |
[1:38:52] | Oh, right. | 噢好 |
[1:38:54] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:38:56] | Up we go. | 上去啦 |
[1:39:01] | So, you’re off to London? | 所以你要去伦敦了 |
[1:39:03] | They’ll drop me at the station. | 他们会在车站放我下去 |
[1:39:07] | Well, I hope we can keep in touch. | 希望我们可以保持联系 |
[1:39:09] | I feel I’ve finally found a friend. | 我感觉我终于找到一个朋友了 |
[1:39:12] | Is that what you found, Mr. Barrow? | 这就是你找到的吗 Barrow先生 |
[1:39:14] | A friend? | 朋友 |
[1:39:20] | – Their majesties are going. – Thanks. | – 国王和女王要走了 – 谢了 |
[1:39:27] | I want you to have this. | 我想让你留着这个 |
[1:39:29] | It’s not much, but I’ve had it for years. | 不算什么心意 但我带了很多年 |
[1:39:31] | It’ll remind you of me. | 能让你想起我 |
[1:39:34] | That’s the point, isn’t it? | 那才重要 不是吗 |
[1:39:35] | So you can think of me till we meet again? | 这样我们再见之前 你会想起我 |
[1:39:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:39:45] | Mr. Ellis, | Ellis先生 |
[1:39:45] | You must come! | 快来 |
[1:40:01] | I hope you enjoy your time at Harewood, sir. | 祝您在Harewood行程愉快 陛下 |
[1:40:03] | Yes. I hope so, too. | 嗯 我也希望如此 |
[1:40:07] | It isn’t really goodbye | 现在也不算真的分别 |
[1:40:08] | When we’ll see you all this evening. | 我们今晚还会再见 |
[1:40:10] | We’re looking forward to the ball. | 我们很期待舞会 |
[1:40:12] | Harewood is such a wonderful house. | Harewood非常美 |
[1:40:14] | Well, let’s mount up, shall we? | 那 我们上车吧 好吗 |
[1:40:20] | We’ll see you later, Grantham | 再见 Grantham |
[1:40:22] | Your majesty. | 再见 陛下 |
[1:40:50] | Well done, everyone. Shall we head back in? | 做得很好 各位 我们进去吧 |
[1:40:56] | Mary, what are you wearing to the ball? | Mary 你穿什么去舞会 |
[1:40:58] | Oh, I don’t know. | 噢 不知道 |
[1:40:59] | Carson, what happened to the royal servants last night? | Carson 昨晚皇家仆人怎么了 |
[1:41:02] | Hard to say, milord. | 很难说 老爷 |
[1:41:04] | They sort of gave up the ghost. | 他们好像中邪了 |
[1:41:06] | Well, you managed splendidly. | 你处理得很好 |
[1:41:09] | Although I could have done without Molesley’s aria. | 不过Molesley的闹剧倒也不必有 |
[1:41:12] | But please thank the staff for saving the day. | 请务必感谢所有员工 挽救了局面 |
[1:41:18] | Oh, uh, Mrs. Bates? | Bates太太 |
[1:41:20] | – Excuse me. – Can I ask you something? | – 抱歉 – 我能问你件事吗 |
[1:41:23] | What did you give Monsieur Courbet? | 你给Courbet先生吃了什么 |
[1:41:26] | A double dose of a sleeping draught | 双倍安眠药剂 |
[1:41:29] | From Mr. Bakewell’s… in his tea. | 从Bakewell那儿拿的 放他茶里了 |
[1:41:37] | I’m afraid I made rather a fool of myself last night. | 我昨晚真像个傻瓜 |
[1:41:40] | You could never be a fool to me. | 在我眼里你永远不是傻瓜 |
[1:41:44] | Do you mean that, really? | 你真心这么想吗 |
[1:41:45] | I do. | 真的 |
[1:41:47] | And I think you know how much. | 而且我觉得你知道有多真心 |
[1:42:00] | You’re right, Mrs. Patmore. | 你说得对 Patmore太太 |
[1:42:01] | It’s time must I to plan my wedding. | 是时候开始准备我的婚礼了 |
[1:42:04] | Well, I don’t know what took you so long. | 我不知道你为什么拖了这么久 |
[1:42:06] | I wasn’t sure before, but I am now. | 我之前不确定 现在确定了 |
[1:42:09] | Well, that’s good to hear. | 嗯 那就好 |
[1:42:12] | I’m happy, Mrs. Patmore. | 我很幸福 Patmore太太 |
[1:42:14] | I don’t often say that, but I am. | 我不经常这么说 但我现在很幸福 |
[1:42:25] | Are you very shocked by it all? | 你对这件事感到震惊吗 |
[1:42:28] | I should be. | 我是应该震惊 |
[1:42:29] | Interfering with the palace staff on a royal visit… | 在皇室来拜访的时候 捉弄皇家员工 |
[1:42:32] | And me part of it, to boot. | 再者 我还参与了 |
[1:42:33] | I don’t know what came over me. | 不知道什么鬼上身了 |
[1:42:35] | But? | 但是 |
[1:42:37] | They had it coming to them, Elsie. | 他们活该 Elsie |
[1:42:39] | Let’s face it, they had it coming in spades. | 我们得承认 他们完全是活该 |
[1:42:42] | Hello. | 嘿 |
[1:42:43] | What’s this? | 这是谁 |
[1:42:57] | Welcome back, Mr. Talbot. | 欢迎回来 Talbot先生 |
[1:42:59] | Hello, Carson. Mrs. hughes. | 你好 Carson 你好 Hughes太太 |
[1:43:01] | Do you know where I’ll find Lady Mary? | 你们知道Mary小姐在哪儿吗 |
[1:43:03] | After everything that’s gone on, | 发生了这么多事 |
[1:43:05] | I should think she’ll be lying down, sir. | 我觉得她现在应该躺着呢 先生 |
[1:43:07] | They all will be. | 他们都是 |
[1:43:09] | Sounds ominous. | 听起来不妙 |
[1:43:14] | That’s nice. He’s back in time for the ball. | 真好 他正好赶回来参加舞会 |
[1:43:17] | And thank the lord we don’t have to organize it. | 感谢上帝 幸好不是我们组织 |
[1:43:35] | Oh, darling, you don’t know what we’ve lived though. | 噢 亲爱的 你不知道我们经历了什么 |
[1:43:38] | I’m sorry I couldn’t get here sooner. | 抱歉我没能早点回来 |
[1:43:39] | It was the first ship after the last meeting, I promise. | 开完会我就搭了最早的一班船 我保证 |
[1:43:42] | Oh, never mind. you’re here now. | 噢 没关系 你现在回来了 |
[1:43:43] | And I don’t have to go to the ball alone | 我也不用孤零零去舞会了 |
[1:43:45] | Like a sad little wallflower. | 像个可怜的壁花 |
[1:43:47] | Well, I’ll only come if you promise | 我会去 除非你答应我 |
[1:43:49] | – to dance with me nonstop. – Oh, it’s a deal. | – 一直和我跳舞 – 噢 成交 |
[1:44:08] | – Good evening. – Your majesty. | – 晚上好 – 女王陛下 |
[1:44:10] | I suppose Maud has brought | 我猜Maud带了 |
[1:44:12] | That scheming little minx with her. | 那个心机小婊砸 |
[1:44:14] | If you continue in this vein, | 如果你继续这样 |
[1:44:16] | You will only make yourself look stupid. | 只会让自己出糗 |
[1:44:18] | – What what do you mean? – What I say. | – 你 你什么意思 – 字面意思 |
[1:44:20] | Are you keeping something from me? | 你是不是有事情瞒着我 |
[1:44:23] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[1:44:24] | What? | 什么 |
[1:44:27] | Why aren’t you happy? | 为什么你们不高兴 |
[1:44:29] | We thought you’d be delirious. | 我还以为你会很激动呢 |
[1:44:31] | Well, we are happy, if you mean it. Very. | 如果你是认真的 我们当然高兴 很高兴 |
[1:44:34] | But how will you manage Henry? | 但是你怎么对付Henry |
[1:44:36] | By altering the way we manage each other. | 改变我们相处的方式 |
[1:44:40] | And it may not be easy, | 可能会很难 |
[1:44:41] | But I’ve decided that I’m staying with him. | 但是我已经决定了要继续和他在一起 |
[1:44:44] | I just don’t understand what changed your mind. | 我就是不太明白 是什么让你改变了心意 |
[1:44:46] | It was something Mr. Branson said | 就是Branson先生说的 |
[1:44:48] | About deciding what matters. | 决定什么是重要的事 |
[1:44:50] | For me, the crown matters more than any of us. | 对我而言 王冠比我们任何个人都重要 |
[1:44:53] | I can make it work. | 我可以做到的 |
[1:44:55] | Branson? the Irish Republican? | Branson 那个共和党爱尔兰人 |
[1:44:57] | Oh, you’re well-informed. | 噢 你知道的还挺多 |
[1:44:59] | I’m better informed than you know. | 我比你想得要知道的多 |
[1:45:02] | So, he persuaded you to do this? | 所以是他说服你这么做 |
[1:45:04] | Oh, we were talking after the parade. | 噢 游行之后我们聊了会 |
[1:45:07] | Oh, there he is. | 噢 他在那里 |
[1:45:10] | Ah. | 啊 |
[1:45:11] | Say something nice. please. | 说点好话吧 拜托了 |
[1:45:15] | I have to say, it’s been very quiet without you. | 不得不说 你不在的时候太安静了 |
[1:45:17] | Mr. Branson. | Branson先生 |
[1:45:19] | I wish we had spoken more while we were at Downton Abbey. | 我希望我们在唐顿庄园的时候有多聊聊 |
[1:45:23] | – Do you, sir? – Certainly. | – 是吗 陛下 – 当然 |
[1:45:26] | I believe I have more than one reason to be grateful to you. | 我要谢你的事可不止一件 |
[1:45:37] | What was that all about? | 那是什么意思 |
[1:45:39] | I’ll tell you when we’re alone. | 你一个人的时候我再告诉你 |
[1:45:41] | Why more than one? | 为什么是不止一个 |
[1:45:44] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[1:45:45] | That’s Princess Mary. | 那是Mary公主 |
[1:45:47] | She was at Downton for the parade yesterday. | 她昨天在唐顿参加游行了 |
[1:45:49] | Didn’t you see her? | 你没看见她吗 |
[1:45:50] | Not at the parade. | 没在游行看见她 |
[1:45:52] | But I saw her afterwards at the tea. | 但是在茶会后看到她了 |
[1:46:11] | So, you see, she has Brompton blood, | 你看 她有Brompton的血统 |
[1:46:13] | Albeit from an unusual angle. | 尽管是从一个不同寻常的角度 |
[1:46:15] | Why did you not say this long ago? | 你为什么不早些时候说这事 |
[1:46:18] | It seemed too great a leap for you. | 对你来说似乎跨度太大 |
[1:46:20] | Well, who do you think I am? | 好吧 你以为我是谁 |
[1:46:22] | Some maiden aunt who’s never left the village? | 一个从未离开村子的未婚姑妈吗 |
[1:46:25] | Obviously not. | 很明显 不是 |
[1:46:27] | Well, don’t think I approve, because I don’t. | 行了 别认为我会支持 因为我不会 |
[1:46:31] | But at least I understand. | 但是我理解 |
[1:46:34] | Does Miss Smith know the truth? | Smith小姐知道真相吗 |
[1:46:37] | Yes, she does. | 她知道 |
[1:46:39] | When I get home,I will hire another maid, | 我回家之后 要雇佣另外一个女仆 |
[1:46:42] | And Lucy can be my companion. | Lucy可以做我的陪伴 |
[1:46:43] | Well, that’s much more suitable. | 嗯 这样再合适不过了 |
[1:46:45] | And I’m afraid you’ll dislike it, | 恐怕你不会喜欢 |
[1:46:47] | But she says that she and Tom Branson | 但是她说她和Tom Branson |
[1:46:49] | Have agreed to correspond. | 已经都同意通信了 |
[1:46:51] | Dislike it? | 不喜欢吗 |
[1:46:52] | I will lick the stamps myself. | 那我得自己去舔邮票了 |
[1:46:59] | You are amazing, Violet. | 你真是让人惊奇 Violet |
[1:47:02] | You haven’t won, you know. | 你知道的 你并没有赢 |
[1:47:04] | I don’t believe in defeat. | 我不相信失败 |
[1:47:06] | But we can hammer this out | 不过我们可以商量 |
[1:47:07] | When you come back to stay, you and Lucy, | 你和Lucy回来住的时候 |
[1:47:10] | When you’ve finished your tour of duty. | 或者在你完成你的使命之后 |
[1:47:13] | You mean I am once more a member of this family? | 你的意思是我又可以成为这个家族的一员了吗 |
[1:47:21] | She’s right, you know. Brompton is gone. | 她是对的 Brompton已经走了 |
[1:47:24] | And you must all learn to live with it. | 你们所有人都必须试着与她生活 |
[1:47:26] | I think we can get it back. | 我想我们可以把它拿回来 |
[1:47:29] | For Tom, at least. | 至少为了Tom |
[1:47:32] | That’s why we need the girl back here. | 这也是我们为什么需要那个女孩回来 |
[1:47:35] | Oh, Violet. | 噢 Violet |
[1:47:37] | After all these years, you still astonish me. | 这么多年过去了 你仍然能让我大吃一惊 |
[1:47:41] | Oh, good. I’m glad I’m a revelation | 噢 很好 我很高兴我是心灵启示 |
[1:47:43] | And not a disappointment. | 而不是让人失望的代名词 |
[1:47:48] | – It’s very important. – Quite right. | – 这非常重要 – 一点也没错 |
[1:47:50] | – Oh, there they are now. Do ask. – Ah, yes. | – 噢 他们来了 问候一下 – 啊 好的 |
[1:47:53] | There you are, Hexham. | 你来了 Hexham |
[1:47:54] | I’m sad you can’t be part of the Prince’s tour, | 我很遗憾你不能随王子巡游 |
[1:47:57] | But we’ll find something else for you to do. | 但我们会给你找点别的事做 |
[1:48:00] | – What? – Sir, I-I didn’t, um… | – 什么 先生 我没有 |
[1:48:02] | I understood why not, uh, | 我明白为什么不 |
[1:48:04] | As soon as Her Majesty had explained it to me. | 女王已经给我解释过了 |
[1:48:07] | Congratulations to you both. | 恭喜你们俩 |
[1:48:24] | Oh, you’re looking very sunny tonight. | 噢 你今晚看起来很开心吗 |
[1:48:26] | I’m happy. why? Does it bother you? | 我很高兴 怎么了 惹你厌了 |
[1:48:29] | No. But tell me, what are you playing at | 并没有 但是告诉我 你和Tom |
[1:48:31] | – With Tom and cousin Maud’s | – 还有Maud表哥的得宠女仆 |
[1:48:32] | famous maid? – What do you mean? | – 在玩什么把戏 – 你是什么意思 |
[1:48:34] | I heard you at dinner last night. | 我昨晚吃饭的时候听见你们说话了 |
[1:48:35] | What are you up to? | 你们密谋什么呢 |
[1:48:37] | You know she’ll inherit the Brompton estate. | 你知道她会继承Brompton庄园 |
[1:48:39] | – Well, so mama told me. – Well, then, | – 好吧 妈妈告诉过我了 – 嗯 然后 |
[1:48:42] | Wouldn’t you like Tom to have a proper establishment? | 你不希望Tom有个像样的家吗 |
[1:48:45] | – Oh, you devious cat. | – 噢 你这只狡猾的猫 |
[1:48:48] | Will they be happy? Do you think they will? | 他们会快乐吗 你认为他们会吗 |
[1:48:50] | Oh, I just want a word with granny. | 噢 我只想和奶奶说句话 |
[1:49:06] | How long were you planning to wait | 你打算等多久才告诉我们 |
[1:49:07] | Before you told us why you really went up to London on Wednesday? | 你周三去伦敦真正的原因 |
[1:49:12] | Since you ask, I haven’t decided. | 在你问之前 我还没有决定 |
[1:49:15] | So, if I tell you now, | 所以 如果我现在告诉你 |
[1:49:17] | Will you promise to keep it to yourself? | 你能保证你不会告诉别人吗 |
[1:49:19] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:49:20] | Very well. I… | 很好 我 |
[1:49:23] | I had some medical tests a few weeks ago, | 几周前我做了些体检 |
[1:49:26] | And I went up to London to hear the results. | 我去伦敦拿了结果 |
[1:49:29] | – Yes? – And, uh, | – 嗯 – 然后 呃 |
[1:49:32] | I may not have long to live. | 我可能活不了多久了 |
[1:49:37] | It won’t be too quick. | 不会太快的 |
[1:49:39] | But, of course, | 但是 当然 |
[1:49:41] | You can never get a London doctor to be precise. | 伦敦的医生从来都没准 |
[1:49:44] | – Oh, granny. – No. | – 噢 奶奶 – 不要这样 |
[1:49:46] | No, no. | 别这样 |
[1:49:47] | My dear, save your tears for something sad. | 亲爱的 把你的眼泪留给值得悲伤的事情吧 |
[1:49:50] | Th-there’s nothing sad here. | 这没什么可伤心的 |
[1:49:53] | I have lived a privileged and an interesting life, | 我一直过着优越而有趣的生活 |
[1:49:56] | And now it’s… | 现在 |
[1:49:59] | It’s time to go. | 是时候该离开了 |
[1:50:00] | I’m leaving the family | 我把这个家 |
[1:50:03] | and the place that I treasure | 还有这个我珍惜的地方 |
[1:50:06] | in talented hands. | 留给一个天才来掌管了 |
[1:50:10] | – Well, I know papa will be… – Oh, no, no. | – 是的 我知道爸爸会的 – 噢 不 不 |
[1:50:12] | No, I don’t mean your father. | 不 我不是指你爸爸 |
[1:50:13] | I… no, I-I love him dearly. | 我 不 我爱他 亲爱的 |
[1:50:15] | No, I… I mean you. | 不 我指的是你 |
[1:50:18] | You are the future of Downton. | 你是唐顿的未来 |
[1:50:23] | But I have such doubts, granny. | 但是我有疑虑 奶奶 |
[1:50:25] | Are we right to keep it all going | 我们让这一切继续下去是对的吗 |
[1:50:27] | When the world it was built for | 这个世界被创造的时候是为了 |
[1:50:29] | Is fading with every day that passes? | 随着时间的流逝而失去光芒 |
[1:50:32] | Will George and Caroline still be living that life? | George和Caroline还会这样生活吗 |
[1:50:35] | – are we living it now? – No, no. | – 我们现在还是这样生活 – 不 不 |
[1:50:37] | Our ancestors lived different lives from us, | 我们的祖先和我们过着不一样的生活 |
[1:50:41] | And our descendants will live differently again, | 我们的后代将会再以不同的方式生活 |
[1:50:44] | But Downton abbey will be part of them. | 但是唐顿庄园会是他们的一部分 |
[1:50:49] | Won’t be the same without you. | 没有你就不会一样了 |
[1:50:50] | Of course it will. | 当然是这样 |
[1:50:52] | You’ll take over from where I left off. | 你将接替我的工作 |
[1:50:55] | You’ll be the frightening old lady | 你会成为那个可怕的老妇人 |
[1:50:58] | Keeping everyone up to the mark. | 让每个人都尽职尽责 |
[1:51:00] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:51:02] | You will, my darling. | 你会的 亲爱的 |
[1:51:04] | And you’ll do it wonderfully. | 你会做的很好 |
[1:51:07] | You’re the best of me that will live on. | 你将延续最好的我 |
[1:51:11] | Hurrah. | 好哇 |
[1:51:15] | Oh, granny, I love you so much. | 噢 奶奶 我真是太爱你了 |
[1:51:17] | No, shh. | 不 嘘 |
[1:51:20] | But should you be here tonight? | 但是你今晚应该在这里吗 |
[1:51:21] | Won’t you be worn out? | 你不会累坏吗 |
[1:51:23] | Oh, Mary, I can’t spend the rest of my life | 噢 Mary 我不能让我的余生在 |
[1:51:25] | In a shower of “how are you feeling?” | 你感觉怎么样的声音中度过 |
[1:51:27] | And “are you quite well?” Oh, no. | 和你还好吗 噢 不 |
[1:51:29] | The point is… I’ll be fine until I’m not. | 重点是 我会没事的 一直在我死去之前 |
[1:51:33] | That’s all there is to it. | 对此事来说就是这样 |
[1:51:35] | Ah, there you are. | 啊 你在这啊 |
[1:51:37] | – The dancing’s starting. – Ah. | – 舞会开始了 – 啊 |
[1:51:39] | You mustn’t miss it. | 你不能错过的 |
[1:51:40] | No. Thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 |
[1:51:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:51:49] | You know, you’ll always be with us, granny. | 你知道的 奶奶 你会一直和我们在一起 |
[1:51:53] | Staring from every picture, | 凝视着每一张照片 |
[1:51:55] | Talking from every book, as long as the house stands. | 谈论着每一本书 只要唐顿仍在 |
[1:52:00] | Sounds very exhausting. | 听起来真是累人 |
[1:52:02] | Do you know, I think… | 你知道吗 我认为 |
[1:52:05] | I should prefer to rest in peace. | 我宁愿安息 |
[1:52:09] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:52:51] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[1:53:02] | What is it you want? | 你想要什么 |
[1:53:04] | We have things in common. | 我们有共同之处 |
[1:53:06] | The boys, horses, racing. | 男孩们 马 赛马 |
[1:53:08] | And there must be more if we look for it. | 如果我们希望的话 还会有更多 |
[1:53:11] | I want us to be friends. | 我希望我们成为朋友 |
[1:53:13] | Well, we’ll have to see. | 好吧 我们拭目以待 |
[1:53:15] | No, dear. | 不 亲爱的 |
[1:53:17] | We’ll have to change. | 我们必须改变 |
[1:53:19] | Both of us. | 你和我都要改变 |
[1:53:20] | How did that happen? | 这是怎么发生的 |
[1:53:22] | Was it you, mama? | 是你吗 妈妈 |
[1:53:23] | How did you do it? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[1:53:24] | Simple. | 很简单 |
[1:53:26] | Bertie asked the king. | Bertie问国王 |
[1:53:27] | I asked the queen. | 我问女王 |
[1:53:35] | I do love our adventures. | 我喜欢我们的冒险 |
[1:53:37] | But isn’t it fun when they’re over? | 当他们结束的时候不是很有趣吗 |
[1:53:56] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[1:53:58] | I wanted to see the dancing, so I thought I’d pretend | 我想要看跳舞 所以我想我假装 |
[1:54:01] | I was bringing Lady Bagshaw a handkerchief. | 我给Bagshaw夫人带了一块手帕 |
[1:54:03] | I can give it to her, if you’d like. | 如果你愿意的话 我可以转交给她 |
[1:54:09] | I wish you could dance with me. | 我希望你能和我跳舞 |
[1:54:48] | I’ve got a question for you. | 我有一个问题想问你 |
[1:54:50] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[1:54:51] | You’d never want to leave Downton | 你从来不会想要离开唐顿 |
[1:54:53] | And start up somewhere else, would you? | 然后在别的地方开始新的生活 是吗 |
[1:54:55] | And tell me truthfully. | 告诉我实话 |
[1:54:57] | What brought this on? | 这是从哪说起 |
[1:54:58] | Just tell me. | 你只要告诉我就行 |
[1:54:59] | Leave Downton? | 离开唐顿吗 |
[1:55:01] | I think we’re stuck with it, aren’t we? | 我想我们被困住了 不是吗 |
[1:55:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:55:07] | Yes, I believe we are. | 是的 我相信我们是的 |
[1:56:34] | We shouldn’t come out this way. | 我们不应该从这里出来 |
[1:56:36] | Oh, they won’t mind. | 噢 他们不会在意的 |
[1:56:38] | Not this once. | 不是第一次了 |
[1:56:41] | Well, they’ve gone, and Downton is still standing. | 好吧 他们都走了 而唐顿仍屹立在这儿 |
[1:56:44] | Elsie, a hundred years from now, | Elsie 一百年后 |
[1:56:47] | Downton will still be standing. | 唐顿仍然会在屹立不倒的 |
[1:56:49] | And the Crawleys will still be here. | Crawleys一家仍会在这里 |
[1:56:54] | And that is a promise. | 这是诺言 |
[1:56:57] | We’ll see, Charlie. | 到时候就知道了 Charlie |
[1:56:59] | We’ll see. | 拭目以待吧 |