时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Apparently the mayor’s gonna hinge his reelection campaign | 显然市长准备把竞选连任的重点放在 |
[00:04] | on the renewed vigilance when it comes to quality of life crimes, | 最近重新兴起的对杀人犯特点的警惕上 |
[00:08] | so keep it in mind when you’re out there doing real work. | 你们在外面工作的时候要记住这一点 |
[00:12] | Captain? | 警监 |
[00:14] | Guy walked in, said he needs to see the man in charge. | 这人走进来 说要见负责人 |
[00:17] | Are you the Lord here? | 你是这的大人吗 |
[00:18] | He keeps saying “Lord.” | 他一直用”大人”这个词 |
[00:19] | I took it to mean “captain” | 我理解为他是指”警监” |
[00:21] | Tom Gregson. Can I help you? | 我是汤姆·格雷森 有什么能帮你的 |
[00:23] | I am the Knight. | 我是骑士 |
[00:26] | I was dubbed. | 我曾被授予头衔 |
[00:27] | Now I am the Knight. | 现在我是骑士 |
[00:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:32] | That’s why I had to kill the Queen. | 所以我必须杀死王后 |
[00:35] | You killed the Queen? | 你杀死了王后吗 |
[00:36] | It was my duty. | 这是我的使命 |
[00:38] | I had to kill her. | 我必须杀死她 |
[00:40] | I had to. | 必须这么做 |
[00:41] | – Gun! – It was my duty. | -有枪 -这是我的使命 |
[00:43] | Hey! | 请注意 |
[00:43] | If you pick up that gun, | 一旦你拿起那把枪 |
[00:45] | this is gonna end fast and ugly. | 事态可就一发不可收拾了 |
[00:48] | I’m the Knight. | 我是骑士 |
[00:48] | Holmes, stay back, stay back! | 福尔摩斯 后退 快后退 |
[00:50] | – I was dubbed. – Sir, I’m gonna ask you | -我曾被授予头衔的 -先生 |
[00:52] | one more time– step away from that weapon. | 我再提醒你一遍 远离武器 |
[00:55] | Can I try something? | 能让我试试吗 |
[00:56] | Try it fast. | 速度要快 |
[01:01] | The, uh, scarf on your wrist? | 你手腕上的丝巾 |
[01:04] | On your wrist. It… | 系在你手腕上的 它… |
[01:05] | It… | 它… |
[01:14] | As I was saying, I noticed the scarf straightaway. | 如我所说 我第一眼就注意到了那条丝巾 |
[01:17] | This is an extremely compelling story, Mr. Holmes, | 你的故事非常引人入胜 福尔摩斯先生 |
[01:19] | but I asked about the James Dylan case. | 但我询问的是詹姆斯·迪兰的案子 |
[01:22] | The incident you’re describing | 但你所陈述的事件 |
[01:23] | is connected to the murder of Rada Hollingsworth. | 却和蕾达·霍林沃斯的谋杀案有关 |
[01:26] | Which is, in turn, inextricably linked | 而此案恰恰与詹姆斯·迪兰的案子 |
[01:28] | to the tale of James Dylan. | 有着密不可分的关系 |
[01:30] | If you would just answer the question I asked you. | 请直接回答我的问题 |
[01:32] | I am answering the question, | 我正在回答你的问题 |
[01:33] | just more precisely than you intended me to. | 只是比你要求的更精确而已 |
[01:37] | You cannot understand one incident | 如果你不先了解另外一件事 |
[01:38] | without first understanding the other. | 就无法弄清眼前的这件事 |
[01:48] | As I was saying… | 正如我所说 |
[01:50] | The scarf on your wrist– | 你手腕上的丝巾 |
[01:52] | was it a favor from your lady? | 是你家小姐的赏赐吗 |
[01:54] | Yes. Belonged to my Queen. | 是的 这是王后的 |
[01:58] | Then it must be returned to her. | 那你必须还给她 |
[02:01] | Knight’s code commands it, yeah? | 骑士守则是这么要求的 对吧 |
[02:03] | You give it to me, I’ll have a squire bring it to her. | 你把它给我 我会请侍从带还给她 |
[02:09] | Here. | 过来 |
[02:10] | Allow me, sir. | 让我来吧 先生 |
[02:14] | Go down. | 趴下 |
[02:15] | – Down! – No! | -趴下 -不 |
[02:20] | Knight’s Code? What is that? | 骑士守则 那是什么 |
[02:22] | Uh, it’s oral tradition. | 这是个口口相传的传统 |
[02:24] | The man’s clearly schizophrenic, but… | 这人显然患有精神分裂 |
[02:27] | his delusions are based on, uh… on actual history. | 但他的幻想错觉 是基于一定史实的 |
[02:29] | In the Middle Ages, | 在中世纪时期 |
[02:30] | a knight would often wear a token from their beloved. | 骑士往往会佩戴一件心爱之人的物品 |
[02:32] | Usually an article of clothing, a scarf. | 一般会是布制品 比如说丝巾 |
[02:36] | Any thoughts where the Queen who gave it to him might be? | 能想到给他丝巾的王后在哪吗 |
[02:40] | No, not just yet. | 不 还没想到 |
[02:42] | Give the man a minute, will you? | 让他休息一会 行吗 |
[02:43] | He’s a brave and brilliant instrument of justice. | 他是机智勇敢的执法利器 |
[02:46] | All we got to do is stay out of his way, | 我们所要做的 就是别打扰他 |
[02:48] | and he’ll lead us right to the truth. | 他一定会带我们找到真相的 |
[02:50] | I got to throw a flag on the play. | 容许我提出异议 |
[02:53] | Now, I’ve known Tommy Gregson a long time. | 我和汤米·格雷森是老相识了 |
[02:58] | I’m guessing he didn’t actually say that. | 我觉得他不会说这种话 |
[03:01] | He may have used different words to make the same point. | 也许措辞不同 但表达的是同一个意思 |
[03:03] | Mr. Holmes, | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[03:04] | do me a favor? | 就算帮我个忙 |
[03:05] | Spare us the flourishes. | 别再夸夸其谈了 |
[03:07] | You’re under oath, and that oath counts. | 你宣过誓了 并且誓言有效 |
[03:09] | This is a real hearing presided over by a real judge. | 这是一场由正牌法官主持的正式听证会 |
[03:13] | Of course, Your Honor. | 您说的是 法官大人 |
[03:15] | It is an administrative hearing. | 这是一场行政听证会 |
[03:18] | This court represents neither state nor federal law, | 开庭的依据既不是州也不是联邦政府法律 |
[03:22] | but rather the dictates of the police department of New York. | 而是纽约警局的要求 |
[03:25] | So, “real judge,” while not technically inaccurate, | 所以”正牌法官”这个说法 与其说不准确 |
[03:30] | seems like an overstatement. | 不如说是言过其实 |
[03:32] | By all means, | 不管怎样 |
[03:33] | let’s be 100% accurate. | 只要我们都百分百准确就行 |
[03:36] | I do only represent the police department of New York. | 我确实只代表了纽约警局 |
[03:41] | We’re here today because you screwed up. | 今天我们在这是因为你犯了错 |
[03:43] | And the NYPD has empowered me, | 而纽约警局授权我 |
[03:45] | as a technically real judge, | 作为严格意义上的正牌法官 |
[03:49] | to determine the magnitude of said screw-up, | 来判断所谓错误的严重程度 |
[03:52] | and to make a recommendation | 并对你和你的搭档 |
[03:54] | as to whether or not you and your partner | 能否继续待在这座城市 |
[03:57] | can continue your relationship with the city. | 与警方合作作出评估 |
[04:00] | Now, is that accurate enough for you? | 这个说法对你来说够准确了吗 |
[04:43] | We’re here today because of one particular breach of protocol. | 我们今天要审理的是一起特定的违法案件 |
[04:46] | Alleged breach of protocol. | 涉嫌违法案件 |
[04:48] | Alleged breach of protocol. | 好吧 涉嫌违法案件 |
[04:50] | I’m curious, though. | 不过我很好奇 |
[04:51] | Would you say the incident is part of a larger pattern? | 你同意这起事件只是更大规模案件的一部分吗 |
[04:54] | – Tommy. – Commissioner. | -汤米 – 局长 |
[05:00] | So how about it, Mr. Holmes? | 你怎么说 福尔摩斯先生 |
[05:01] | Is this all part of a larger pattern? | 这起事件只是更大规模案件的一部分吗 |
[05:03] | I’m sorry. I don’t follow you. | 不好意思 我不明白你的意思 |
[05:05] | Do you routinely break the law | 你是否一直在调查过程中 |
[05:06] | during the course of your investigations? | 违反法律 |
[05:08] | Ah, not that I recall, no. | 在我的印象中 没有 |
[05:11] | So you’ve never broken the law? | 所以你从未犯过法吗 |
[05:13] | Everyone breaks the law, Ms. Walker. | 每个人都犯过法 沃克女士 |
[05:16] | Case in point. | 举个例子 |
[05:17] | You have been precisely seven minutes early | 我们每次会面 |
[05:18] | for every meeting we’ve ever had. | 你都会正好早到七分钟 |
[05:20] | You arrange your notebooks | 每天你排列笔记本的 |
[05:21] | exactly the same way each day. | 方式都完全一致 |
[05:22] | You position a small photograph of an eleventh-century bust | 你会放一张十一世纪的半身雕像照片 |
[05:25] | so that you can look at it before you begin your work. | 每次开工前都会看上一眼 |
[05:27] | Are you suggesting that someone as bound by routine | 你是说如你这般循规蹈矩的人 |
[05:29] | such as yourself has never crossed | 从没因为赶时间 |
[05:31] | against the traffic lights in order to keep to a schedule? | 而闯红灯过马路吗 |
[05:33] | I’m not talking about that kind of law-breaking. | 我不是指那方面的犯法 |
[05:36] | So, some degree of criminality is acceptable, | 所以某种程度的犯法可以接受 |
[05:39] | the rest is just negotiating boundaries? | 而其他的就有待商榷吗 |
[05:42] | Answer the questions directly, Mr. Holmes. | 请直接回答问题 福尔摩斯先生 |
[05:45] | If you won’t do it out of respect for this institution, | 就算你不是出于对法庭的尊重 |
[05:48] | do it for the officer who’s in the hospital | 起码请你为了因此住院的警官 |
[05:50] | ’cause of what happened here. | 而配合我们的询问 |
[05:51] | I have never broken the law in a manner Ms. Walker suggests. | 我从未以沃克女士所指的形式触犯过法律 |
[05:54] | We have statements from several officers saying | 我们手里有好几位警官的证词 |
[05:56] | they have no idea how you and your partner | 表示他们不知道你和你的搭档 |
[05:59] | get inside of so many private homes | 以何种方式进入 |
[06:00] | and businesses when nobody’s there. | 空无一人的私宅或机构 |
[06:02] | They all think you break in. | 他们都认为你们是非法入侵 |
[06:05] | So, you didn’t pick the lock on Victor Nardin’s apartment? | 难道你没撬开维克多·纳丁公寓的门锁 |
[06:09] | You didn’t break into the McTierney Brothers Mortuary? | 也没闯进过麦迪尼兄弟停尸间吗 |
[06:13] | A couple of our officers even think | 有几位警官甚至认为 |
[06:15] | you’ve taught your partner how to do it. | 你还把这项技能传授给了搭档 |
[06:17] | The officers who told you those things are confused. | 这么说的警官一定是弄错了 |
[06:19] | You’re saying you didn’t enter those dwellings? | 你是说你没到过上述场所吗 |
[06:22] | Because you used evidence from inside those places. | 因为你使用了原本放在那些地方的证据 |
[06:26] | No. Ms. Watson and I entered those locations, | 不 华生小姐和我进入过那些场所 |
[06:29] | just not illegally. | 但不是以非法的方式 |
[06:30] | I’m not sure I understand. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[06:33] | It was quite some time ago, but if I remember correctly, | 事情过去挺久了 但如果我没记错的话 |
[06:37] | on most of those occasions, the doors were open. | 大多数情况下 门都是开着的 |
[06:39] | In New York City? | 在纽约市里 |
[06:41] | The front doors were open? | 会有地方门户大开吗 |
[06:42] | Not just unlocked, but actually open? | 不只是没有锁 而确实是开着的吗 |
[06:45] | I was surprised, as well. | 对此我也很惊讶 |
[06:47] | In several other instances, | 还有几次 |
[06:49] | we thought we heard cries for help. | 我们认为听到了呼救的声音 |
[06:50] | They turned out to be televisions | 结果是声音被调大的电视机 |
[06:52] | with the volume turned up. | 发出的声音 |
[06:53] | So there’s an epidemic of people | 所以现在人们流行 |
[06:55] | leaving their TVs on? | 不在家的时候开着电视吗 |
[06:56] | Once we mistook the cries | 有一次 我们误以为 |
[06:57] | of a small puppy for a baby in distress. | 小狗的叫声是遇险婴儿的哭声 |
[07:01] | Your Honor, allow me to register my skepticism. | 法官大人 请将我的怀疑记录在案 |
[07:04] | Registered, but unless you’ve got a witness | 已记录 但除非你能找到证人 |
[07:07] | who can contradict Mr. Holmes’ testimony… | 可以反驳福尔摩斯先生的证词 |
[07:10] | How could she? | 怎么可能 |
[07:10] | Miss Watson and I were the only ones present. | 只有华生小姐和我在场 |
[07:12] | Oh, I’ll be asking Miss Watson what happened. | 我会询问华生小姐的 |
[07:14] | Excellent. That should clear things up. | 很好 那就都清楚了 |
[07:17] | So, someone walked into the eleventh precinct with a shotgun. | 所以 有人带着一把猎枪走进第十一分局 |
[07:22] | This has something to do with the James Dylan incident… | 这跟詹姆斯·迪兰案有一些关系 |
[07:25] | No, it has everything to do with it. | 不 是有千丝万缕的关系 |
[07:27] | Having disarmed the Knight, | 解除骑士的武装之后 |
[07:28] | we turned our attention to establishing his identity | 我们将注意力转向确定 |
[07:31] | and that of the Queen. | 他和王后的身份 |
[07:33] | Does anyone ever call you anything besides “The Knight”? | 除了”骑士” 你还有别的名字吗 |
[07:37] | It was my duty to kill the Queen. | 杀死王后是我的使命 |
[07:41] | I-I was summoned to her lair | 我被召唤到她的巢穴 |
[07:43] | and told that only in death | 并被告知只有死亡 |
[07:46] | would her soul be saved from the demons. | 才能将她的灵魂从魔鬼手中解救出来 |
[07:49] | Th-This lair– | 这个巢穴 |
[07:51] | do you have any idea where it is? | 你知道它在哪里吗 |
[07:54] | It was my sworn duty. | 那是我宣过誓的使命 |
[07:56] | This is going nowhere. | 这么问不会有结果的 |
[07:58] | He’s schizophrenic, in the middle of a psychotic episode. | 他有精神分裂症 正在发病期 |
[08:01] | It’s going to be days | 要用很长时间治疗并服用 |
[08:01] | and a lot of risperidone before he starts making sense. | 利培酮[精神分裂药物]才能让他恢复正常 |
[08:04] | Not a time frame that bodes well for the Queen, | 那么长时间对王后来说可不是好兆头 |
[08:07] | on the off chance she is still alive. | 时间越长 她还活着的几率越小 |
[08:10] | Well, there’s blood in the treads of his boots. | 他的靴子底上有血迹 |
[08:12] | Probably hers. | 可能是她的 |
[08:15] | Two receipts, both for early-morning coffee runs. | 两张收据 买的都是大清早的咖啡 |
[08:17] | One at 6:27 A.M., one at 6:36, | 一张是早上6:27 一张是6:36 |
[08:20] | both from the same bodega on West 20th and Fifth Avenue. | 都是来自西二十街第五大道路口的酒馆 |
[08:24] | Well, maybe he lives in the Flatiron District. | 可能他住在熨斗区 |
[08:26] | Along with hundreds of thousands of other people. | 跟其他几十万人一起 |
[08:28] | Only one of them is named Silas Cole. | 他们中只有一个叫塞拉斯·科尔 |
[08:32] | I texted his picture to a friend of mine | 我把他的照片发给了一个 |
[08:34] | who works the psych E.R. at Sanbridge. | 圣桥医院精神科急诊室的朋友 |
[08:37] | She recognized him. | 她认出了他 |
[08:38] | I set her free. | 我给了她自由 |
[08:40] | Captain, the man’s name is Silas Cole. | 警监 那个人名叫塞拉斯·科尔 |
[08:42] | He lives in the Flatiron District. | 他住在熨斗区 |
[08:43] | We’ll have an address for you momentarily. | 我们会马上给你个地址 |
[08:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:46] | I’ll get a warrant for his place. | 我去为他家申请一个搜查令 |
[08:52] | This does not fill me with optimism for the Queen. | 这让我对王后的处境很不乐观 |
[08:55] | Well, the figure on the right is obviously Silas, | 右边的人显然是塞拉斯 |
[08:59] | which would suggest | 也就是说 |
[09:00] | the Queen is a real person, as well. | 王后也是个真实的人物 |
[09:02] | Yeah, but how do we know for sure that’s the Queen? | 对 但我们怎么确定那就是王后呢 |
[09:05] | I mean, I don’t see any crown. | 我没有看到王冠 |
[09:07] | In the Middle Ages, only royalty were allowed | 在中世纪 只有皇室成员才能 |
[09:08] | to wear purple and ermine. | 穿紫色衣服和貂皮 |
[09:11] | That is most certainly Silas’s Queen. | 那应该就是塞拉斯的王后 |
[09:14] | And he did rather a good job with the likeness. | 而且他画得很像 |
[09:19] | Oh. So she was his girlfriend. | 所以她是他的女朋友 |
[09:23] | Seriously? That guy’s in no shape to be dating anyone. | 真的吗 他看起来不像是会有约会的人 |
[09:26] | Well, you don’t know what he was like on his meds. | 你不知道他吃完药是什么样 |
[09:29] | Silas and his queen were together | 塞拉斯和他的王后 |
[09:30] | till about six months ago, I would venture. | 半年前分手了 我大胆猜测一下 |
[09:33] | These photographs– all taken over the last three years. | 这些照片 都是过去三年里拍的 |
[09:36] | There are none from last summer. | 却从去年夏天开始中断了 |
[09:40] | Maybe she’s the one who broke up with him. | 也许是她把他甩了 |
[09:42] | Okay, look at this necklace. | 看这条项链 |
[09:44] | Maybe he gave it to her as a gift. | 也许是他给她的礼物 |
[09:46] | She gave it back to him when they broke up. | 他们分手时她还给他了 |
[09:49] | Her name starts with an “R”” | 她的名字以R开头 |
[09:51] | There’s a whole stack of fashion magazines here. | 这里有一大堆时尚杂志 |
[09:53] | Last year’s issue… | 去年发行的… |
[09:57] | Subscription mailing label’s addressed to Rada Hollingsworth. | 订阅标签上写着蕾达·霍林沃斯 |
[10:00] | She lives on 23rd. | 她住在第二十三大街 |
[10:02] | So, Detective Bell was actually the one | 所以贝尔警探才是查明 |
[10:04] | who identified Ms. Hollingsworth as “The Queen.” | 霍林沃斯小姐就是 “王后”的人 |
[10:08] | A substantial contribution to the case, wouldn’t you say? | 对案情有重大贡献 不是吗 |
[10:11] | Yes. One of many he’s made during our work together. | 对 我们共事过程中他的诸多贡献之一 |
[10:14] | Sounds like you regard him as a real asset to the department. | 听起来你觉得他是警局的重要人才 |
[10:19] | Detective Bell is several standard deviations above the norm. | 贝尔警探比普通标准要高出几个档次 |
[10:22] | I’ve always regarded him as such. | 我一直很欣赏他 |
[10:24] | Your affection for the man really shines through. | 你对他的欣赏表现得非常明显 |
[10:28] | According to your deposition, | 根据你的证词 |
[10:29] | when you got to Rada Hollingsworth’s apartment, | 当你们到达蕾达·霍林沃斯的公寓时 |
[10:32] | the door was wide open. | 门是大开着的 |
[10:34] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[10:37] | It was. | 确实如此 |
[10:38] | Ms. Hollingsworth? | 霍林沃斯小姐 |
[10:43] | Ms. Hollingsworth? | 霍林沃斯小姐 |
[10:58] | In here! | 在这里 |
[11:08] | Looks like she’s been dead for a couple hours. | 看来她已经死了几个小时了 |
[11:12] | These must be Silas’s boot prints. | 这些一定是塞拉斯的靴印 |
[11:18] | All right, I’m gonna call the station. | 好吧 我给局里打电话 |
[11:19] | Tell ’em to book Cole. | 让他们拘捕科尔 |
[11:21] | Don’t. | 慢着 |
[11:23] | You know, I’m not convinced that Silas Cole killed this woman. | 我不确信塞拉斯·科尔杀了她 |
[11:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:27] | Silas Cole walked into the station | 塞拉斯·科尔拿着散弹枪 |
[11:29] | holding a shotgun and confessed. | 走进警局自首 |
[11:32] | You were standing there looking at his footprints, | 你站在那里看着他的脚印 |
[11:34] | and your first thought was he didn’t kill Rada Hollingsworth? | 而你的第一想法却是他没有杀人 |
[11:38] | Not my first thought. | 不是我的第一想法 |
[11:40] | I tend to have thoughts in rapid succession. | 我的思考过程很快 |
[11:42] | She’d been shot in the chest, rib cage. Her heart… | 她胸部中弹 肋骨处 她的心脏 |
[11:45] | had essentially been obliterated. | 基本被打碎了 |
[11:48] | The Knight wouldn’t do that. | 骑士不会那么做的 |
[11:51] | Silas Cole said he killed her | 塞拉斯·科尔说他杀她 |
[11:52] | in order to save her soul. | 是为了拯救她的灵魂 |
[11:55] | In the Middle Ages, the heart was not just a symbol | 在中世纪 心脏不光是 |
[11:57] | of romantic love. It was the vessel for the soul. | 浪漫爱情的象征 也是灵魂的容器 |
[12:01] | So for him to shoot her in her heart– | 所以对他来说 朝她的心脏开枪 |
[12:04] | in the universe of his delusions– | 在他的幻想世界中 |
[12:05] | he would be sentencing her to eternal damnation. | 会让她遭受永恒的诅咒 |
[12:08] | He wouldn’t do that. He loved her. | 他不会那么做 他爱她 |
[12:10] | And the confession? The…footprints? | 那他的招供呢 脚印呢 |
[12:14] | Silas Cole was acting in diminished capacity. | 塞拉斯·科尔行动能力很弱 |
[12:17] | He may well have believed he was responsible, even if he wasn’t. | 他也许相信是他干的 即使实际并非如此 |
[12:19] | As to the footprints, there’s no question | 关于那些脚印 毫无疑问 |
[12:21] | that he was in the apartment. | 他曾经在那间公寓里 |
[12:22] | I just don’t believe he pulled the trigger. | 我只是不相信他扣了扳机 |
[12:25] | Which means, of course, someone else did. | 也就是说 当然是别人干的 |
[12:31] | Your Honor, Ms. Watson is scheduled | 法官大人 华生小姐计划 |
[12:32] | to testify at this hearing. | 在这次听证会上作证 |
[12:34] | – She can’t be here. – Excuse me, Your Honor, | -她现在不能在场 -对不起 法官大人 |
[12:36] | I have an important message for Captain Gregson. | 我有重要的消息要告诉格雷森警监 |
[12:37] | His phone is off. | 他的手机关机了 |
[12:38] | I would not interrupt otherwise. | 否则我不会来打扰的 |
[12:43] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[12:44] | Mr. Holmes, while you’re on the stand in my courtroom, | 福尔摩斯先生 当你上庭时 |
[12:47] | you will limit yourself to testimony relevant to this case. | 你只能陈述与本案相关的证词 |
[12:52] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[12:54] | Yep. | 明白 |
[12:56] | Thanks for texting, Gretchen. What happened? | 多谢你发短信来 格莱琛 怎么了 |
[12:58] | While I was repairing the abdominal wall, | 在我修补腹壁时 |
[13:00] | a blood clot formed in the left ventricle. | 左心室形成了一个血栓 |
[13:03] | I thought this was supposed to be routine surgery. | 我以为这只是个常规手术 |
[13:05] | We thought he was out of the woods a few days ago, too. | 我们也以为他几天前就脱离险境了 |
[13:08] | There’s no such thing as “routine” | 不过当你从腹部中枪恢复时 |
[13:09] | when you’re recovering from a gunshot to the abdomen. | 就没有什么事是”常规”的了 |
[13:11] | What happened with the clot? | 血栓怎么样了 |
[13:12] | It got wedged in his right subclavian artery. | 它塞住了他的右锁骨下动脉 |
[13:15] | Obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes. | 阻碍血液流入他的胳膊长达半小时 |
[13:18] | So what’s the prognosis? | 预测结果如何 |
[13:20] | He might be fine. | 他也许会没事 |
[13:22] | Or…? | 或者 |
[13:23] | Or he may never regain full use of the limb. | 或者他可能再也无法拥有健全的手臂了 |
[13:28] | He’s in recovery. | 他正在恢复 |
[13:45] | Tell me again… | 再跟我说一遍 |
[13:47] | why they wait until five days | 为什么他们在他中枪之后 |
[13:49] | after he got shot to perform the operation. | 等了五天才给他动手术 |
[13:51] | They leave abdominal wounds open for a while. | 他们让腹部的伤口开放一段时间 |
[13:53] | It helps reduce infection. | 可以帮助减少感染 |
[13:54] | It’s absolutely standard procedure. | 这是绝对标准的程序 |
[13:57] | The timeline has nothing to do with the clot. | 时间线和血栓没有关系 |
[13:59] | He was still unconscious when I left. | 我离开时他依然是不省人事的 |
[14:00] | They’ll know more once he wakes up. | 当他醒来后他们就会知道更多了 |
[14:03] | I’m gonna go back to the hospital. | 我要回医院了 |
[14:04] | You should come when this is over. | 当这事结束的时候你也应该来 |
[14:07] | You haven’t visited Bell once since he was shot. | 自从贝尔中枪后你还没有探望过他 |
[14:10] | You asked me to grab you when we’re headed back in. | 你让我在重新开庭的时候告诉你 |
[14:14] | – Thank you for the news. – Hey. | -谢谢 -听着 |
[14:17] | Wide open doors? Puppies? | 打开的门 小狗 |
[14:20] | I’m just saying what I need to say to get us back to work. | 我只是说了让我们回去工作需要说的话 |
[14:22] | Well, it’s not just what you say. It’s how you say it. | 不仅是你说了什么 还有你怎样去说 |
[14:25] | You can hate what’s going on in there. | 你可以厌恶那里发生的事 |
[14:26] | You can think it’s beneath you. | 你可以觉得不屑一顾 |
[14:27] | But if the judge knows that you think that, | 但如果法官知道你那么想的话 |
[14:30] | how is that good for you? | 对你有什么好处呢 |
[14:33] | Be nice. | 友善点 |
[14:35] | It’s the smart play. | 这是需要谋略智慧的 |
[14:45] | 理解的前提 是意识到什么是 以及什么不是 我们能改变的事 | |
[14:56] | Did you put this on my desk? | 是你把这个放在我桌子上的吗 |
[14:58] | “At the head of all understanding is realizing | “理解的前提是意识到 |
[15:01] | what is and what cannot be | 什么是以及什么不是 |
[15:04] | and the consoling of what is not in our power to change” | 我们能改变的事” |
[15:08] | It’s a lovely sentiment. | 很可爱的观点 |
[15:10] | First expressed by the 11th century poet Solomon Ben Judah. | 出自十一世纪诗人所罗门·本·犹大 |
[15:15] | But you know that ’cause you’ve got a photograph | 不过你也知道因为在你的日程表上 |
[15:17] | of Ben Judah’s bust on your day planner. | 有本·犹大半身雕像的照片 |
[15:20] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[15:22] | The saying is thought to be an early derivation | 这段话被认为是静思祷告的 |
[15:24] | of the Serenity Prayer, | 早期起源 |
[15:26] | which is commonly recited by… | 被治疗期中的酗酒者和瘾君子 |
[15:29] | recovering alcoholics and drug addicts. | 广泛背诵 |
[15:32] | Is that why you keep the photograph? | 你是因为这个原因留着那张照片吗 |
[15:35] | As a gentle reminder of the prayer? | 作为做祷告的提示 |
[15:38] | Is this some kind of threat? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[15:41] | No. | 不 |
[15:44] | No, there’s nothing on earth that would make me reveal | 不是 这世界上没有什么会让我 |
[15:46] | a secret of that nature. | 泄漏那种秘密 |
[15:50] | It’s… it’s just a-a… tip of the cap, | 这只是… 一种致意 |
[15:54] | you know? | 明白吗 |
[15:56] | From one obsessive to another. | 同道中人之间的致意 |
[16:00] | Just an acknowledgment that the world we live in | 只是对我们所居住的世界 |
[16:02] | is so often too complicated for the rules we make | 经常因为各种制度和限制 |
[16:04] | to keep it orderly. | 而变得复杂的一种认同 |
[16:10] | Ms. Walker, ready when you are. | 沃克女士 你准备好就可以开始了 |
[16:17] | You heard about Marcus Bell’s complications, I take it. | 我假设你听说了马库斯·贝尔的并发症 |
[16:23] | Yes, of course. | 是的 |
[16:24] | I’m told they may have long-term implications for his career. | 我被告知这会对他的职业生涯有长期影响 |
[16:28] | In that light, I was wondering if you feel any regret | 从这个角度看的话 我想知道你 |
[16:30] | about your methods in this case. | 有没有后悔你在这个案子中用的方法 |
[16:33] | This is a courtroom, Ms. Walker, not a confessional. | 这是法庭 沃克女士 不是忏悔室 |
[16:36] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[16:38] | Let’s turn back to the Rada Hollingsworth investigation. | 让我们回到蕾达·霍林沃斯的调查 |
[16:42] | Yes, well, Captain Gregson did not agree with my assessment | 好 格雷森警监当时没有同意我关于 |
[16:44] | that Silas Cole was innocent of her murder, | 她的被杀和塞拉斯·科尔无关的观点 |
[16:46] | so Ms. Watson and I explored other avenues on our own. | 所以华生女士和我就另辟蹊径了 |
[16:49] | Ex-lovers, colleagues, a… | 以前的情人们 同事们 |
[16:51] | neighbor with designs on Rada’s apartment. | 设计过蕾达住所的一个邻居 |
[16:54] | All of those, dead ends. | 所有这些 一无所获 |
[16:55] | But in the course of exploring Rada’s life, | 但在调查蕾达生活的过程中 |
[16:59] | we learned that she was seeing an oncologist | 我们发现她在看一位叫菲尼斯·霍布斯的 |
[17:01] | named Dr. Phineas Hobbs. | 肿瘤学家 |
[17:03] | When had Ms. Hollingsworth been diagnosed with cancer? | 霍林沃斯女士是何时被诊断出癌症的 |
[17:06] | Seven months prior to her murder. | 在她被谋杀前七个月 |
[17:08] | Dr. Hobbs was administering a stage one drug trial | 霍布斯医生当时管理着蕾达的 |
[17:10] | – which Rada was enrolled in. – I’m sorry. Rada didn’t | -第一阶段药物试验 -抱歉 |
[17:13] | say anything to me about where she planned to go | 蕾达离开我办公室时 |
[17:15] | when she left my office. | 没说过她的去向 |
[17:17] | We tended to talk mostly about her diagnosis. | 我们主要都是在谈论她的治疗 |
[17:20] | I’m sure you understand. | 我相信你可以理解 |
[17:23] | She was really responding to the medication. | 她对药物的反应很好 |
[17:25] | It was beautiful to watch. | 很开心看到这些 |
[17:27] | I thought she might even go into remission. | 我觉得她甚至进入了缓解期 |
[17:29] | But, uh, I guess her ex-boyfriend had other ideas. | 但我猜她的前男友有不同的观点 |
[17:34] | Rada told you about her relationship with Silas? | 蕾达告诉过你她和塞拉斯的关系 |
[17:36] | Yes, she mentioned that her | 是的 她提过她前男友 |
[17:38] | former boyfriend was schizophrenic. | 是精神分裂症患者 |
[17:40] | She’d, uh, ask me for advice about it sometimes. | 她有时会寻求我的建议 |
[17:45] | I really had no idea | 我一直不知道 |
[17:46] | how sick the man was until he showed up here about… | 那人病得有多严重直到他在 |
[17:50] | about a week and a half before she died. | 她死前一周半前出现在这里 |
[17:52] | He was ranting. | 他在大吵大嚷 |
[17:54] | I thought about pursuing a committal. | 我考虑过通知医院来收监 |
[17:56] | I should have. Obviously. | 显然我应该这么做 |
[17:59] | Drug trials like yours are expensive, are they not? | 你的这种药物实验很昂贵 对吧 |
[18:01] | They’re rarely covered by insurance. | 保险只会管很小一部分 |
[18:04] | Rada Hollingsworth was a teacher. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯是名教师 |
[18:06] | Have you any sense as to how she paid for the study? | 你知道她是怎么支付这项研究的吗 |
[18:09] | I know exactly how she paid for it. | 我当然知道她是如何支付的 |
[18:11] | She cashed in her life insurance for a viatical settlement. | 她通过她人寿保险的离世前结算来付现 |
[18:14] | A viatical settlement is a repugnant, predatory arrangement | 离世前结算是指患不治之症者 |
[18:18] | whereby a terminally ill patient | 向第三方以低于到期收益价出售 |
[18:21] | signs away their future life insurance payment | 人寿保险单以便 |
[18:24] | in exchange for a monthly cash advance. | 活着时享用的安排 |
[18:26] | The company or individual making | 支付那些费用的公司或个人 |
[18:28] | those payments is essentially betting that their client | 本质上是打赌他们的客户 |
[18:30] | will die before the payments surpass the value of the policy. | 会在支付的数额超过保险价值之前就死去 |
[18:35] | In Ms. Hollingsworth’s case, the vulture circling overhead | 在霍林沃斯女士的案子里 守株待兔的 |
[18:39] | was an employee of a company called Helping Hands Viaticals. | 是一家叫离世帮手公司的雇员 |
[18:44] | That man’s name was James Dylan. | 那人的名字是詹姆斯·迪兰 |
[18:47] | The equation seems simple enough. | 方程看起来很简单 |
[18:49] | The longer she lived, the less profit for you. | 她活得越久 你得到的利益越少 |
[18:51] | In fact, according to the terms of employment of this place, | 事实上 按照这地方的雇佣条例 |
[18:54] | if she outlives the value of her life insurance policy, | 如果她活得比人寿保险规定的久 |
[18:57] | the money comes out of your pocket. So it seems like… | 你就赚不到钱了 所以看起来 |
[18:59] | you would have incentive to want her gone. | 你有让她去世的动机 |
[19:01] | Yeah, well, that doesn’t mean I killed her. | 是的 但不意味着我杀了她 |
[19:03] | – So where were you the night she died? – Look, | -她死的那晚上你在哪 -听着 |
[19:05] | if you want to talk about this, we can go somewhere else. | 如果你们想聊这事的话 我们可以到别处 |
[19:08] | And if you’re gonna grill me, I want a lawyer there. | 而且你们要盘问我的话 我需要律师在场 |
[19:10] | Right now, we got new leads in from a nursing home, | 现在 我们有疗养院的新单子 |
[19:13] | and I got to hit the phones. | 我要电话跟进 |
[19:16] | This place is a miserable warren of cynicism and despair. | 这地方是愤世嫉俗和绝望的悲惨场所 |
[19:20] | You’d think they’d have a hard time | 你会觉得他们的雇员 |
[19:21] | holding on to their employees. | 过得很惨 |
[19:22] | And yet the cubicles are full. | 但办公室却都是满的 |
[19:25] | Some of your colleagues even have diplomas on display. | 你的一些同事甚至挂着文凭 |
[19:27] | So it seems in this economy, your employers have no trouble | 所以看起来在如今的经济形式下 |
[19:29] | in attracting the overqualified. | 你的雇主不难吸引高学历的员工 |
[19:31] | – Yeah. So? – So… | -所以呢 -所以 |
[19:33] | I was wondering if they know that you’re a convicted felon | 我在想他们是否知道你曾因重罪 |
[19:35] | who’s spent time in prison. | 蹲过监狱 |
[19:37] | – Who told you that? – Seems like | -谁告诉你的 -看起来 |
[19:39] | a fair question. | 是个合理的问题 |
[19:41] | How did you learn about Mr. Dylan’s criminal record? | 你是如何知道迪兰先生的犯罪记录的 |
[19:44] | When I learned that James Dylan had sold Rada Hollingsworth | 当我得知詹姆斯·迪兰卖给蕾达·霍林沃斯 |
[19:47] | her viatical, I did some cursory research into his background, | 离世保险时 我做了一些粗略的背景调查 |
[19:50] | research his employers had apparently neglected to do. | 他的雇主们显然忽略了这点 |
[19:54] | That’s the beauty of the Internet. | 这就是网络的妙处 |
[19:56] | 24/7 access to everything from twerking kittens | 二十四小时不间断的接触到 |
[19:59] | to criminal records. | 从跳电臀舞的小猫到犯罪记录的内容 |
[20:01] | Mr. Dylan stated in a deposition given from his hospital bed | 迪兰先生在医院的病床上宣誓作证时 |
[20:05] | that you discovered that information from his phone. | 指出你是从他手机上发现这些信息的 |
[20:07] | Which you accessed without a warrant. | 是在未经许可的前提下 |
[20:10] | Would it surprise you to learn that James Dylan is lying? | 当你知道詹姆斯·迪兰是在撒谎会吃惊吗 |
[20:14] | Not necessarily. | 那倒不必 |
[20:15] | But you do tend to attract people who lie about | 但你确实喜欢引诱他人 |
[20:18] | your illegal behavior. | 为你的不法行为撒谎 |
[20:20] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[20:22] | – Why, you did. – That’s my phone! | -你说的 -那是我的电话 |
[20:25] | According to your outgoing calls, you regularly contact | 你的拨出号码历史显示 你经常 |
[20:27] | the same local number several times a week. | 一周几次地联系一个本地号码 |
[20:29] | It has a 477 prefix. | 前缀是477 |
[20:31] | That’s the same as our precinct. | 和我们分局的一样 |
[20:32] | It’s a municipal number. | 是政府部门的号码 |
[20:32] | – You stole this. – Your calendar says you have | -你偷了我的手机 -你的日历显示 |
[20:34] | a recurring commitment every Tuesday. | 你每周二都有一个反复出现的约会 |
[20:36] | Now, there’s no heading on that appointment, | 这些预约都没有标题 |
[20:37] | so my first thought was weekly Brazilian, but then I noticed | 所以我首先想到的是巴西人每周的聚会 |
[20:40] | the address of the Tuesday rendezvous. It’s 202 Broadway, | 但后来我注意到约会的地址是百老汇202号 |
[20:42] | which, as it turns out, is the office | 结果 那是纽约州 |
[20:44] | – of the New York State Division of Parole. – Okay. | -假释办公室的地址 -够了 |
[20:48] | Let’s take this outside. | 让我们到外面去说 |
[20:50] | On the night that Rada Hollingsworth was murdered, | 在蕾达·霍林沃斯被谋杀的那个晚上 |
[20:53] | I was having a drink | 我正在甘斯沃尔特街的 |
[20:55] | at Sharkey’s on Gansevoort Street. | 沙基酒吧喝东西 |
[20:58] | And your presence in a bar is a violation of your parole. | 你在假释期里不能去酒吧 |
[21:00] | Yeah, I got sent upstate after a bar fight. | 是 在酒吧争执后我被派到了北部 |
[21:03] | I got out of control and I broke this guy’s legs. | 我失控了 打伤了那家伙的膝盖 |
[21:06] | So on the particular night that you’re asking about, okay… | 所以 你想知道那晚怎么了 |
[21:09] | I had had a lousy day at work. I mean, whatever, | 我工作了一整天烦透了 |
[21:12] | they’re all lousy, actually, but on this particular day, | 事实上每个人都是 |
[21:14] | I just felt like having a couple of drinks with a friend. | 但在那天 我想去和朋友们喝酒 |
[21:17] | Okay, there’s at least a dozen people who can vouch. | 在场的那些人都可以作证 |
[21:19] | I was nowhere near Rada Hollingsworth. | 我根本没和蕾达·霍林沃斯一起 |
[21:21] | – We’re gonna need names and numbers. – Okay, fine. | -我们需要你提供姓名和电话 -没问题 |
[21:23] | But please, don’t tell my parole officer. | 但是请别让我的假释官知道 |
[21:27] | James Dylan’s associates confirmed | 詹姆斯·迪兰的同事证实了 |
[21:28] | that he had indeed been drinking | 蕾达·霍林沃斯被害当晚 |
[21:30] | at the time Rada Hollingsworth was killed, | 他的确是在喝酒 |
[21:33] | so he was no longer a suspect. | 所以他被排除嫌疑 |
[21:35] | You are aware, of course, | 你很清楚 |
[21:36] | that it’s a crime to steal private property? | 这是一起盗窃私人财产的案件 |
[21:39] | I stole no property. | 我没偷东西 |
[21:41] | Nor did I call James Dylan’s parole officer. | 我也没给詹姆斯·迪兰的假释官打电话 |
[21:44] | So, | 那么 |
[21:45] | our investigation was back to square one. | 我们的调查回到原点 |
[21:47] | Usually, this means a distraction | 通常情况下这意味着 |
[21:48] | of some sort is called for. | 需要些东西分散注意力 |
[21:54] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[21:56] | Hey, you never came down to eat. | 你没有下楼吃东西 |
[21:58] | I had extra. | 还剩了些 |
[22:02] | What gives? | 怎么了 |
[22:03] | Science– the most potent distraction of all. | 科学 是转移精力的最有效方法 |
[22:09] | Hey, I’ve been looking for that. | 我一直在找这个 |
[22:11] | Um, and what are you trying to distract yourself from? | 什么事让你想分散注意力呢 |
[22:14] | Silas Cole said he was summoned | 詹姆斯·迪兰说他被召唤去 |
[22:16] | to Rada Hollingsworth’s apartment, | 蕾达·霍林沃斯的公寓 |
[22:18] | which makes me think that the actual killer did the summoning. | 我觉得是真正的凶手叫他去的 |
[22:20] | Indeed, Silas received a phone call | 事实是 詹姆斯·迪兰 |
[22:21] | from a disposable cell phone | 晚上八点四十接到了一通电话 |
[22:22] | 8:40 P.M. | 是一次性电话打来的 |
[22:24] | 8:40. That’s not track. | 八点四十 不足为奇 |
[22:26] | Rada’s neighbor thought | 蕾达的邻居在七点三十五 |
[22:27] | she heard a truck backfiring at 7:35. | 以为她听到了车爆胎的声音 |
[22:30] | That had to be the shotgun blast | 那肯定是凶手杀她时 |
[22:31] | that killed her, so, why would you | 开枪的声音 为什么 |
[22:32] | kill Rada at 7:35, then wait over an hour | 他会在七点三十五杀死蕾达 |
[22:36] | Why, indeed. | 确实 |
[22:38] | I’ve been considering Rada’s autopsy. | 我一直在看蕾达的尸检 |
[22:41] | Her blood potassium levels were 22.4. | 她血液中钾含量22.4 |
[22:44] | That’s quite high, isn’t it? | 相当高 对吧 |
[22:45] | Not for a body a few hours postmortem. | 对于死后几小时来说不是 |
[22:47] | After you die, your cells start leaking potassium | 人死后细胞开始向血液 |
[22:49] | into the bloodstream. | 释放钾 |
[22:50] | So, the longer you’ve been dead, | 所以你死得越久 |
[22:51] | the higher your potassium level. | 钾含量越高 |
[22:53] | Of course, if you killed Rada, | 当然 如果你杀了蕾达 |
[22:55] | then waited an hour before calling Silas, | 还等一个小时后才打电话 |
[22:57] | it could be because you wanted the potassium | 除非是你想让她血液里的钾含量 |
[22:59] | in her blood to build up. | 越来越高 |
[23:00] | Mm. And what would be the purpose of that? | 但这样做是为什么 |
[23:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:03] | To conceal an already elevated potassium level? | 为了隐藏已经增加的钾含量吗 |
[23:06] | Potassium chloride is an extremely effective way | 氯化钾是一种很高效的 |
[23:08] | of killing someone. | 杀人手段 |
[23:09] | It does the heavy lifting at most of your state-sanctioned | 它是所有致命注射剂中 |
[23:12] | lethal injections. | 见效最快的 |
[23:13] | It sounds crazy, but it would explain the time gap. | 听起来很疯狂 却能解释一小时的时间差 |
[23:15] | And it would be easy enough for us to figure out | 而且很容易检验我们是否正确 |
[23:17] | if we’re right. We just test the vitreous fluid in her eyes. | 我们刚刚检查了她眼内的玻璃体液 |
[23:19] | It’s not subject to the postmortem | 那不受她死后钾含量 |
[23:21] | potassium build-up. | 升高的影响 |
[23:22] | Of course, it wasn’t crazy at all. | 这一点都不疯狂 |
[23:24] | The tests confirmed what Watson and I had suspected. | 这个检验证实了我和华生的猜想 |
[23:28] | Rada Hollingsworth was killed | 过量的氯化钾 |
[23:29] | with an overdose of potassium chloride. | 导致了蕾达·霍林沃斯的死亡 |
[23:32] | This discovery exonerated Silas Cole, | 这个发现 |
[23:35] | who we had confirmed | 证实之前合法逮捕的 |
[23:36] | was legitimately | 塞勒斯·科尔 |
[23:38] | delusional. | 是无罪的 |
[23:39] | The murder was clearly the result of careful planning, | 凶手有一套精密的计划 |
[23:42] | and he was in no fit state to carry out such methodical work. | 但他却没能实施这套有序的计划 |
[23:46] | You’re smiling. | 你笑了 |
[23:48] | That is the first time | 这是我们开始之后 |
[23:49] | you have been anything but irritated since we started. | 你第一次笑 |
[23:52] | Well, an innocent man was freed. | 无辜者得到释放 |
[23:54] | And what, in your opinion, does this have to do | 在你看来 这件事 |
[23:57] | with what happened to Detective Bell? | 和贝尔警监的事有关吗 |
[24:03] | Whether one believes | 不论是否有人相信 |
[24:04] | that I have occasionally broken the rules or not, | 我偶尔违反规定 |
[24:08] | you cannot evaluate the work that Watson and I do | 请你不要忽视 正是因为我违反规定 |
[24:10] | without considering the good that so often comes of it. | 我和华生的工作才能有进展 |
[24:15] | Whatever happened later, it matters | 不管最后发生了什么 |
[24:18] | that a mentally ill citizen is not unjustly imprisoned | 重要的是现在一位有精神疾病的公民 |
[24:21] | at the moment. | 没有含冤入狱 |
[24:23] | It has to matter… to all of us. | 这对我们来说才是重要的 |
[24:28] | Or we might as well just | 要么我们直接解散机构 |
[24:29] | dissolve this institution and start again. | 重新组员 |
[24:32] | This is just one instance. | 这只是一个例子 |
[24:33] | There are many, many others. | 还有许多许多个 |
[24:35] | All of which, by the way, | 所有这些 |
[24:37] | my partner and I donate free of charge | 我的搭档和我都无偿 |
[24:39] | to the city of New York, so… | 为纽约市工作 |
[24:44] | I hardly think this proceeding is | 我不认为这场诉讼 |
[24:45] | the appropriate response to our work. | 是对我们工作成果的回报 |
[24:47] | And what is the appropriate response? | 那你觉得什么才是 |
[24:49] | “Thank you” would be nice. | 一句谢谢就够了 |
[24:54] | I’ll make sure Marcus Bell gets that message. | 我会转告马库斯·贝尔这句话的 |
[25:10] | Well, Bell’s stable. | 贝尔的情况稳定了 |
[25:12] | They’ve decided to keep him sedated overnight. | 他们觉得晚上给他用镇静剂 |
[25:14] | Less stress on his system. | 让他的身体系统轻松一些 |
[25:16] | And you’re making Yorkshire pudding. | 而你在做约克郡布丁 |
[25:18] | Well spotted, Watson. | 观察力不错 华生 |
[25:20] | Most Americans mistake them for muffins. | 大部分美国人都分不清它和松饼 |
[25:23] | When I was younger, our governess would enlist my help | 我小的时候 我们的女家教会让我 |
[25:25] | in making Yorkshire pudding for Sunday lunch, | 帮忙做周日午餐的约克郡布丁 |
[25:26] | and ever since then, I’ve found making them | 从那时起 我就发现做布丁 |
[25:28] | to have a calming effect. | 有一种镇静的作用 |
[25:30] | Yeah, Gregson told me about the hearing. What…? | 格雷森跟我说了听证会的事 怎么… |
[25:34] | I enjoy making Yorkshire Pudding, Watson. | 我喜欢做约克郡布丁 华生 |
[25:35] | Not eating it. It is absolutely revolting. | 不吃它们 实在是太难吃了 |
[25:38] | I could dig you one out if you’d like to try it. | 你要是想尝尝我可以给你拿出来一个 |
[25:40] | I’m good, thanks for asking… | 我不要 谢谢你能问我… |
[25:41] | after you threw them away. | 在你把它们扔掉之后 |
[25:44] | Oh, you’re upset with me. | 你对我很生气 |
[25:45] | You know, for a genius, you can be a real nimrod. | 对一个天才来说 你可以是个好猎手 |
[25:47] | You know that I have to testify tomorrow, right? | 你知道我明天要去作证 对吧 |
[25:49] | Which means I get to lie under oath | 也就是说我得在宣誓后 |
[25:51] | about puppies and-and wide open doors and… | 撒关于小狗和开着的大门之类的谎 |
[25:53] | Shouldn’t be a problem. If we stick to our story, | 应该不成问题 如果我们坚持我们的说法 |
[25:54] | there’s nothing they can do. | 他们就无计可施 |
[25:55] | Well, if you bothered to come up with a better story, | 如果你能想出一个更好的故事 |
[25:58] | it wouldn’t be so obvious that we were lying. | 我们就不用撒这么明显的谎了 |
[26:00] | You’re practically daring them to fire us. | 你就是在挑衅 让他们解雇我们 |
[26:01] | You think I’m letting my ego pay too big a role in this affair? | 你觉得在这件事中我太自负了吗 |
[26:04] | This is not about your ego. | 这跟你的自负无关 |
[26:06] | I know that we color outside the lines a lot, | 我知道我们经常越界 |
[26:07] | but this time, Bell got shot. | 但这次 贝尔中枪了 |
[26:09] | Doesn’t that give you pause about how we do our jobs? | 这不会让你暂停一下我们的工作方式吗 |
[26:11] | No. Why not? | 不 为什么呢 |
[26:13] | Why do we get to be above the rules? | 为什么我们要凌驾于法律之上 |
[26:15] | Because our methods work, | 因为我们的方法行得通 |
[26:17] | and I’m comfortable that our actions are guided | 而且我很高兴我们的行动是以道德 |
[26:19] | by a morality which supersedes any clumsy employee manual. | 而不是愚蠢的员工守则作为指导的 |
[26:24] | The danger with rulebooks, Watson, | 规则的危险 华生 |
[26:25] | is that they offer the illusion | 在于它们让人幻想 |
[26:26] | that leading a moral life is a simple undertaking, | 引导道德的生活是一项简单的事业 |
[26:28] | that the world exists in black and white. | 世界非黑即白 |
[26:30] | Welcome to the grays. | 欢迎来到灰色地带 |
[26:35] | Miss Watson, | 华生小姐 |
[26:36] | you and your partner have often found yourselves | 你和你的搭档经常在警察前面 |
[26:38] | inside of crime scenes | 到达犯罪现场 |
[26:39] | and other places of interest ahead of the police, | 和其他一些可疑地点 |
[26:42] | ahead of any kind of warrant. | 没有任何搜查令 |
[26:44] | Would you say that’s a fair assessment? | 你觉得这是公正的评价吗 |
[26:46] | I’d say it’s happened on occasion. | 我会说这偶尔会发生 |
[26:48] | How? | 如何发生 |
[26:49] | We’ve encountered an unusual number of open doors. | 我们遇到过很多打开的门 |
[26:53] | Open doors. | 打开的门 |
[26:55] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[26:57] | Did you ever break into a place to help out a puppy? | 你是否曾经闯过空屋去帮助一只小狗 |
[26:59] | Once. Although we didn’t realize | 只有一次 但我们进去后 |
[27:02] | it was a puppy until after we were inside. | 才发现那是一只小狗 |
[27:05] | And how did you and your partner | 你和你的搭档 |
[27:06] | learn about Mr. Dylan’s criminal record? | 是如何发现迪兰先生的犯罪记录呢 |
[27:09] | We looked into his background | 在等着和他谈话的时候 |
[27:11] | while we were waiting to talk to him. | 我们调查了他的背景 |
[27:13] | Neither of you stole Mr. Dylan’s cell phone? | 你们两个都没有偷过迪兰先生的手机 |
[27:15] | No. | 没有 |
[27:16] | So, you are committed to the same version of events | 所以 对这些事你坚持和你搭档 |
[27:19] | as your partner? | 一样的说法 |
[27:22] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[27:23] | Actually, I’d like to ask a few questions. | 事实上 我想问几个问题 |
[27:26] | You want to cross-examine your own partner? | 你要盘问你的同伴吗 |
[27:27] | I am within my rights, Your Honor. | 我只是在行使我的权利 法官大人 |
[27:29] | I’m acting as my own counsel. | 我在做自己的辩护律师 |
[27:30] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[27:32] | I’ll be as brief as I can, Your Honor. | 我会尽可能简单的 法官大人 |
[27:36] | After you and your partner… | 在你和你的搭档 |
[27:38] | Uh, should I refer to myself as “Your partner,” | 这里我该用’你的搭档’指代自己 |
[27:39] | or should I refer to myself in the first person? | 还是直接用第一人称比较好 |
[27:41] | Doesn’t matter. | 都可以 |
[27:43] | Great. | 好吧 |
[27:44] | After you and your partner freed Silas Cole, | 在你和你的同伴释放了塞拉斯·科尔后 |
[27:47] | how did you go about finding the real killer? | 你们是怎么找到真凶的 |
[27:51] | Rada Hollingsworth died of a potassium overdose. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯死于钾摄入过量 |
[27:53] | Potassium chloride is something that you can get online, | 氯化钾在网上就能购买到 |
[27:56] | but to use it in the way that the killer did, | 但像凶手那种使用手法 |
[27:59] | you had to understand the biochemistry of dying tissue. | 你必须了解濒死组织的生化机制 |
[28:02] | That’s why the killer waited over an hour | 这就是凶手等了一个多小时 |
[28:04] | before calling Silas Cole. | 才给塞拉斯·科尔打电话的原因 |
[28:05] | All of that suggested we were looking for someone | 这些都表明了我们找寻的凶手 |
[28:07] | with a medical background. | 必须有医学背景 |
[28:09] | Hmm. Rada Hollingsworth– she was a cancer patient. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯 她是个癌症患者 |
[28:11] | She was attended by a virtual platoon of medical professionals. | 她接触到的医学专家估计得有一个排 |
[28:15] | So, are you saying that they were all suspects? | 那么你是指他们都有嫌疑 |
[28:17] | I’m saying that, when we started looking, | 我的意思是 在我们一开始调查的时候 |
[28:19] | none of them were. | 他们都没有嫌疑 |
[28:20] | We didn’t have a motive, | 我们没发现动机 |
[28:21] | so we went to the morgue. | 所以我们就去了停尸间 |
[28:23] | You examined Rada Hollingsworth’s body | 为了给调查找线索 |
[28:25] | in an effort to find an investigative bread crumb. | 你检查了蕾达·霍林沃斯的尸体 |
[28:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:28] | But I should say, | 但我得说 |
[28:29] | “body” isn’t really a 100% accurate way of putting it. | “尸体”并不是百分百准确的表述 |
[28:35] | The remains of Rada Hollingsworth’s internal organs. | 蕾达·霍林沃斯的内脏遗骸 |
[28:40] | Shredded by buckshot. | 被铅弹撕碎 |
[28:43] | Then dissected by the M.E. | 被法医解剖 |
[28:45] | Then divvied up, organ by organ, into their own bags. | 然后一个器官一个器官的被分开放入袋中 |
[28:48] | Hmm. This is gonna get messy. | 场面会不太好看了啊 |
[28:51] | Shall we unpack? | 该拆包了吧 |
[28:54] | Do you really want me to describe everything in the bags? | 你真的要我一一描述袋里的东西 |
[28:57] | Well, why don’t you just skip to the good bit? | 好吧 你还是直接跳到精彩的部分吧 |
[28:59] | Nothing unusual with the liver. | 肝脏没问题 |
[29:02] | Her heart– pretty much just a bunch of muscle fiber. | 她的心脏 基本上就是一堆肌肉纤维了 |
[29:08] | The killer must have put the shotgun barrel right over it. | 凶手的散弹枪管肯定直指这里 |
[29:11] | Now, do we think that this was by chance, | 那么 这些都是巧合 |
[29:13] | or was the obliteration of the heart intentional? | 还是故意要消除心脏里的某些痕迹呢 |
[29:17] | It seems like overkill, literally. | 表面上看着像过度杀戮 |
[29:18] | I mean, she was already dead from the potassium. | 我是说 她早就因为钾摄入过量死亡 |
[29:21] | You’d only destroy the heart | 只有因为你想要隐藏某些东西 |
[29:22] | if you were looking to conceal something about it. | 你才会这么销毁心脏 |
[29:25] | Hmm. And how would we determine | 那我们又怎么判断 |
[29:27] | whether the tissue was healthy when she died? | 死前她的心脏是否健康呢 |
[29:30] | Well, that’s what microscopes are for. | 这就是显微镜的用途 |
[29:32] | Hand me that box of slides. | 把那盒玻片递给我 |
[29:36] | Rada’s cardiac tissue showed clear signs | 蕾达的心肌组织明显显示出 |
[29:38] | of dilated cardiomyopathy. | 扩张型心肌病的特征 |
[29:40] | Her heart was enlarged. | 她的心脏开始膨胀 |
[29:42] | She would have started to feel symptoms | 她应该开始感觉到 |
[29:44] | of congestive heart failure. | 充血性心力衰竭的症状 |
[29:46] | Could her enlarged heart have been a result of her cancer? | 她膨胀的心脏有可能是因为癌症导致的吗 |
[29:49] | Not directly. | 没有直接关系 |
[29:50] | And everything in her records looked normal | 而且她几月前的记录 |
[29:52] | from a few months previous. | 一直都很正常 |
[29:54] | What, then, do you think caused the change? | 那么 你觉得是什么导致了这个 |
[29:56] | Well, it’s not unusual for it | 如果是一些 |
[29:58] | to be a side effect | 化疗药物的副作用 |
[29:58] | of certain chemotherapy drugs, | 就一点都不奇怪了 |
[30:00] | especially more aggressive treatments. | 特别是一些用于比较积极的疗法中的药物 |
[30:02] | Treatments such as the ones | 像是由菲尼斯·霍布斯医生主导的 |
[30:03] | Rada was receiving on the drug trial | 蕾达也正在接受的疗法中 |
[30:05] | run by Dr. Phineas Hobbs? | 用到的那种试验性药物吗 |
[30:07] | The drug was in stage one trials. | 这种药物还在第一试验阶段中 |
[30:08] | Typically, an experimental drug | 通常情况下 这种试验性药物 |
[30:10] | becomes hugely profitable once it gets to stage two. | 到了第二阶段 它的利润就会非常可观 |
[30:14] | We’re talking millions of dollars | 只要有人知道了蕾达的情况 |
[30:15] | that wouldn’t have made it into Dr. Hobbs’ pockets | 数百万美元就进不了 |
[30:18] | if anyone learned about Rada’s condition. | 霍布斯医生的口袋中 |
[30:19] | So, in other words, there, | 所以 换言之 |
[30:21] | buried within that bag of posthumous slop, you found… | 在那些遗体的内脏中 你发现了… |
[30:24] | A motive. | 动机 |
[30:26] | I’m sorry. You told me you had a few follow-up questions. | 不好意思 你跟我说要问些后续问题 |
[30:29] | It sounds like I’m a suspect. | 但现在看上去我是嫌疑犯了 |
[30:30] | You most assuredly are. | 你自己最清楚了 |
[30:33] | Well, then, uh, I’m getting a lawyer. | 好吧 我要找个律师 |
[30:36] | Aah! What the hell are you doing? | 你干嘛 |
[30:37] | Hurts quite a bit, doesn’t it? | 很痛 是吧 |
[30:38] | I bet you’ve got a nasty bruise under there. | 我猜那下面有块惨不忍睹的淤青 |
[30:39] | That’s the thing about shotguns. | 这就是和散弹枪的坏处 |
[30:41] | If you don’t know how to brace them properly, | 如果你不知道正确的使用方法 |
[30:42] | the kickback will get you every time. | 后坐力会让你每次都受伤 |
[30:44] | I hurt myself playing squash. | 我是玩壁球的时候受伤的 |
[30:46] | Once you dispatched Rada, | 在搞定了蕾达之后 |
[30:47] | it was time to put your patsy in play. | 就是你的替罪羊登场的时候 |
[30:49] | Well aware of Silas’s delusions, | 你非常清楚塞拉斯的妄想症 |
[30:51] | you telephoned him to come to the crime scene. | 所以你打电话给他 让他去犯罪现场 |
[30:53] | We think you convinced him he killed Rada. | 我们认为你骗他 让他相信他杀了蕾达 |
[30:55] | Then you gave him the gun, | 然后你把枪给了他 |
[30:56] | shoved some shotgun shells in his pocket, | 塞了点散弹枪壳到他口袋中 |
[30:57] | and then sent him on his way. | 然后让他上路 |
[30:59] | I’m sure you thought he’d get gunned down. | 我猜你以为他一定会被一枪射杀 |
[31:01] | Either way, you were covered. | 不管怎么样 你都安全了 |
[31:02] | Or at least you thought you were. | 至少你是这么以为的 |
[31:03] | But the shotgun didn’t just kick back into your shoulder. | 但散弹枪的后坐力不仅伤到了你的肩膀 |
[31:05] | The trigger caught your finger, as well. | 扳机还伤到了你的手指 |
[31:06] | Opened up a nasty little cut, didn’t it? | 在你手上开了条小口 不是吗 |
[31:08] | It’s not the kind of thing you’d notice | 对第一次犯案的人来说 |
[31:10] | in the heat of committing your very first murder. | 这种小事通常都注意不到 |
[31:13] | But it drew enough blood that some of it wound up | 但你放到塞拉斯口袋里的 |
[31:15] | in the grooves on the strike plates | 子弹壳碎片上的槽沟里 |
[31:16] | of those shells you put in Silas’s pocket. | 却留下了足够多的血迹 |
[31:19] | You wiped the shells clean of prints. | 你擦干净了弹壳上的指纹 |
[31:20] | You’re a smart guy. | 这点很聪明 |
[31:22] | But those little grooves– they’re hard to get to. | 但那些小槽沟 却很难清理干净 |
[31:24] | We know the blood didn’t come from Silas or Rada. | 我们都知道那不是塞拉斯或者蕾达的血迹 |
[31:27] | This is a warrant to compel a DNA test from you. | 这是给你的DNA强制测试许可证 |
[31:30] | We can run the tests, wait for the results, or | 我们可以做测试 等结果出来 |
[31:32] | you can just start talking now. | 或者 你可以开始老实交代了 |
[31:35] | Dr. Hobbs confessed. | 霍布斯医生认罪了 |
[31:37] | He’s losing his medical license, | 他丢掉了他的行医执照 |
[31:38] | and he’s going to jail for a very long time. | 还要把牢底坐穿 |
[31:41] | Thank you, Doctor… Thank you, Miss Watson. | 谢谢 医… 谢谢 华生小姐 |
[31:46] | A very great pleasure indeed. | 深感荣幸 |
[31:49] | Redirect? | 到我了 |
[31:51] | Then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[31:53] | You mean with Dr. Hobbs? | 你是说霍布斯医生 |
[31:54] | No. I’ve seen enough of your mutual | 不是 我今天已经看够 |
[31:56] | admiration society for one day. | 你们互相吹捧的把戏了 |
[31:59] | I’m talking about the reason we are actually here. | 我说的是我们开这个会的原因 |
[32:03] | The day you got Phineas Hobbs to confess to murder. | 你们让菲尼斯·霍布斯认罪那一天 |
[32:07] | What happened when you were leaving work? | 你们结束工作后发生什么事了 |
[32:12] | We were just heading out of the station. | 我们正走出警局 |
[32:14] | I’m not learning fencing from you, Holmes. | 我可没向你学击剑 福尔摩斯 |
[32:17] | – Please stop asking me. – It’s not fencing. | -别一直问我 -这不是击剑 |
[32:19] | It is singlestick. | 这是剑形木棍 |
[32:21] | Well, whatever it is, | 好吧 随便它是什么 |
[32:23] | I’m sure it’s fascinating, but I’m not interested. | 我猜会有趣 但我真的不感兴趣 |
[32:25] | At all. Now, if you want to talk about real sports, | 一点都不 但要说到真正的运动 |
[32:28] | like basketball… | 像篮球什么的 |
[32:29] | You couldn’t keep your voice down, huh? | 你真的没办法小声说话 是吗 |
[32:31] | Mr. Dylan, | 迪兰先生 |
[32:32] | it’s business hours. Shouldn’t you be… | 现在是上班时间 你不是应该… |
[32:34] | trolling a cancer ward looking for prospective clients? | 在癌症病房里巡视你的潜在客户吗 |
[32:36] | No, ’cause I don’t have that job anymore. | 没有 因为我已经没有工作了 |
[32:38] | ‘Cause somebody overheard you at work. | 因为在上班时有人听到你的话了 |
[32:40] | They heard you say that I’ve been in jail. | 他们听到你说我蹲过监狱 |
[32:42] | They told my boss, and he fired me. | 告诉了我老板 他就炒了我 |
[32:44] | Well, that would matter less if you could actually sell… | 本来没什么大碍的 要不是你确实… |
[32:46] | What’s the opposite of ice to Eskimos? | 给爱斯基摩人卖冰的反面是什么 |
[32:48] | Give the man a break. He just lost his job. | 别再说了 他刚丢了工作 |
[32:50] | Well, perhaps this is an opportunity for you | 也许这是给你机会 |
[32:52] | to do something a little less soul-sucking. | 换个不那么丧尽天良的工作 |
[32:54] | No, I won’t be doing anything because my boss | 我什么工作都做不了了 因为我老板 |
[32:57] | called my P.O. and he violated me. | 通知了我的假释官 而他举报了我 |
[32:59] | I’m going back to prison. | 我要回监狱了 |
[33:01] | That’s a regrettable outcome. | 真是让人遗憾 |
[33:03] | Regrettable? | 让人遗憾 |
[33:04] | You ruined my life, man. | 你毁了我的人生 |
[33:06] | You don’t get to just walk away. | 我不能让你这么自在逍遥 |
[33:07] | Gun! | 有枪 |
[33:16] | We got two men down: one officer | 有两人中枪 一名警员 |
[33:18] | and one suspect. | 和一名嫌犯 |
[33:19] | We need an EMT here ASAP. | 赶快派一队医护人员过来 |
[33:24] | No further questions. | 我的问题问完了 |
[33:41] | Well, thank goodness that’s over. | 谢天谢地终于结束了 |
[33:44] | Do you have any sense on how the judge is leaning? | 你觉得法官会偏向哪边呢 |
[33:48] | Guess we’ll find out in the morning. | 只有明早才能知道了 |
[33:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:53] | I’m gonna head over to see Bell right now. | 我现在打算去看贝尔 |
[33:58] | All right, I’ll see you later at the Brownstone. | 好吧 等会回褐石屋见 |
[34:16] | How’s it going? | 你怎么样 |
[34:17] | All right. | 还行 |
[34:22] | I bumped into the nurse on the way in. | 进来的时候我遇见了护士 |
[34:24] | She said that you have some movement back in your arm. | 她说你手臂恢复了点知觉 |
[34:28] | Yeah, that might be a bit of an understatement. | 对 而且不只是一点知觉 |
[34:45] | They said I, uh… | 他们说我 |
[34:47] | might get better. | 也许能恢复得更好 |
[34:52] | In time, physical therapy can do wonders with nerve damage. | 及时理疗对神经损伤能有显著疗效 |
[34:56] | I’ve seen it. | 我见过这样的例子 |
[35:00] | The, uh… | 那个 |
[35:02] | the department… | 局里面 |
[35:04] | requires detectives to carry a gun, | 要求警探佩枪 |
[35:06] | so… | 所以 |
[35:09] | what happens if I can’t anymore? | 要是我不能持枪了怎么办 |
[35:21] | What are his chances of making a full recovery? | 他完全康复的几率有多大 |
[35:23] | Well, he’s young and healthy, which is good, | 他还年轻且身体健康 这是好事 |
[35:25] | but there’s no way to tell how much function he’ll regain. | 但无法知道他能恢复多少手部功能 |
[35:31] | Practicing left-handed is one way | 练习使用左手能表现出 |
[35:33] | to show you care about what happened. | 你在乎这件事 |
[35:35] | A better one would be to visit him. | 但更好的做法是去看看他 |
[35:36] | I’m well aware of your feelings on the matter, | 你在逻辑上绕圈子 |
[35:37] | even if your logic eludes me. | 但我很清楚你对这事的态度 |
[35:39] | This is not about logic. It’s the right thing to do. | 这不是逻辑的问题 是应该做的事 |
[35:43] | It would be an empty gesture. | 那没有任何实际意义 |
[35:44] | Unlike you, I have no medical insight to offer him. | 不像你 我不能提供给他医学上的见解 |
[35:46] | And I can’t imagine my presence would be anything | 我的出现除了妨碍他的隐私以外 |
[35:47] | more than an invasion of his privacy. | 别无其他作用 |
[35:49] | I don’t care if you lie in court, but do not lie to me. | 你在庭上撒谎就算了 但不要骗我 |
[35:52] | This is not about Bell’s privacy. | 这跟贝尔的隐私无关 |
[35:53] | This is about your guilt. | 是因为你的内疚 |
[35:56] | Look, you’re not directly responsible for what happened– | 听着 这事不是你的责任 |
[35:58] | that is on James Dylan. | 只能怪詹姆斯·迪兰 |
[36:00] | But this time, your fondness for blowing past | 可这一次 你无视官僚权级的一贯作风 |
[36:01] | “bureaucratic guidepost” got a man you respect shot. | 害一个你尊敬的人中枪 |
[36:05] | If I went, what would I say? | 就算我去了 我能说什么呢 |
[36:07] | I’ve got nothing to offer the man other than a few banal bromides. | 除了那些陈词滥调 我什么都说不了 |
[36:10] | What makes you think that’s not enough? | 为什么你觉得那些不够呢 |
[36:25] | This hearing has left me | 听证会让我坚信 |
[36:26] | no doubt that Sherlock Holmes is a singular mind, | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯是个天赋异禀的人 |
[36:30] | and the work that he’s done with Joan Watson has been | 他和乔恩·华生的工作一直让纽约警局 |
[36:33] | an asset to the NYPD. | 大受裨益 |
[36:35] | Now, that an officer was wounded during the course of that work | 可现在有一名警员在这个过程中受伤 |
[36:39] | is a highly regrettable outcome | 这是十分让人遗憾的事 |
[36:42] | but one that occurs in law enforcement. | 但在执法部门也时有发生 |
[36:45] | Another regrettable outcome in law enforcement | 执法部门的另一件憾事 |
[36:49] | is when officers decide that they are | 就是警员觉得自己临驾于 |
[36:52] | above the rules. | 司法制度之上 |
[36:54] | So in spite of Mr. Holmes’ | 所以尽管福尔摩斯先生 |
[36:56] | good intentions, he’s demonstrated amply | 意图良好 却充分展现出 |
[36:59] | that he doesn’t care to control his actions. | 他觉得毫无必要控制自身行为 |
[37:03] | As such, my recommendation to the commissioner | 基于这些 我给局长的建议是 |
[37:06] | will be that Mr. Holmes and Ms. Watson be terminated | 终止福尔摩斯先生和华生女士 |
[37:11] | as consultants to the NYPD. | 与纽约警局的顾问关系 |
[37:45] | You needn’t gloat. | 不必幸灾乐祸 |
[37:47] | It’s unbecoming of the good work that you did. | 这跟你打赢的胜仗很不相称 |
[37:50] | I’m not here to spike the ball. | 我不是要炫耀 |
[37:54] | I’m going to a meeting. | 我要去参加互助会 |
[37:56] | Seems like… maybe you should come with me. | 也许你该和我一起去 |
[38:07] | Boy, the Giants sure do suck this year. | 老天 今年巨人队[纽约橄榄球队]太弱了 |
[38:10] | Commissioner. | 局长 |
[38:12] | I’m not watching the Giants. | 我没看巨人队的比赛 |
[38:14] | I know. Just felt like it needed to be said. | 我知道 只是觉得要一吐为快 |
[38:18] | I wanted to make sure they’re taking good care of you here. | 我想确保医院的人有好好照顾你 |
[38:21] | The hearing ended today. The judge recommended | 听证会今天结束了 法官建议 |
[38:24] | that I end our arrangement with Holmes and his partner. | 我终止局里跟福尔摩斯和他搭档的合作 |
[38:28] | It’s just a recommendation, though. | 但这只是个建议 |
[38:30] | The decision’s mine. | 决定权还是在我 |
[38:33] | And I’ll admit it… | 不得不说 |
[38:35] | I’m struggling with it. | 我很挣扎 |
[38:38] | Captain Gregson pointed out that… | 格雷森警监告诉我 |
[38:41] | tossing Holmes opens the department up to charges | 终止合作意味着所有福尔摩斯参与过的案子 |
[38:45] | of impropriety on every case Holmes worked on. | 都会让局里被控办案过程不当 |
[38:49] | That’s a lot of closed cases that could get opened up again. | 可能就有很多结案要被推翻 |
[38:52] | Clearly, Holmes is a… loose cannon. | 很显然 福尔摩斯一贯我行我素 |
[38:56] | But this time, a first grade detective | 但这次 一位一级警探 |
[38:58] | got caught in his crossfire. | 因为他而中枪 |
[39:01] | Facing danger from a guy on your own team… | 要面临来自同伴的危险 |
[39:05] | can I really ask officers to do that? | 我真的能要求我的警官这样做吗 |
[39:11] | Wait, are you… | 等等 你是… |
[39:14] | You’re asking me what you should do? | 你是在问我该怎么做吗 |
[39:16] | How could I not? | 我怎么能不问呢 |
[39:17] | You’ve been working with the guy for a long time, | 你跟这家伙共事了这么久 |
[39:20] | and… you’re the one who caught a bullet. | 而且中枪的也是你 |
[39:49] | I heard your hearing didn’t go too well. | 听说你的听证会不太顺利 |
[39:51] | Not well at all. | 是非常不顺 |
[39:56] | But the commissioner decided not | 法官建议终止与我合作 |
[39:59] | to accept the judge’s recommendation to terminate me. | 但局长没有接受 |
[40:04] | So I’m staying on as a consultant after all. | 所以我还是留下继续做顾问 |
[40:07] | With a little, uh, additional oversight. | 不过会对我多些监督 |
[40:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[40:14] | Any idea what changed his mind? | 知道局长为何改变主意吗 |
[40:23] | There’s much I should say to you. | 我有好多话该对你说 |
[40:28] | Thanks. | 首先谢谢你 |
[40:30] | For intervening with James Dylan. | 替我挡了詹姆斯·迪兰的子弹 |
[40:34] | You may very well have saved my life. | 你可能因此救了我一命 |
[40:41] | And, uh, I apologize. | 其次我向你道歉 |
[40:47] | I had James Dylan’s name before we went to see him. | 去找詹姆斯·迪兰之前我就知道他的名字 |
[40:49] | I should have done some proper research | 我应该在擅自拿他手机前 |
[40:51] | before I helped myself to his phone. | 对他做些调查 |
[40:54] | I should have been more discreet when I was attempting | 在套他的话之前 |
[40:55] | to loosen his tongue. | 我应该更小心谨慎 |
[40:58] | I could have provoked him less outside the police station. | 在警局外面我也不该那么激怒他 |
[41:02] | I could’ve… | 我本可以… |
[41:03] | There’s any number of ways that this could’ve turned out | 要不是你 这事还不一定 |
[41:05] | other than the way it did. | 会发展成什么样 |
[41:11] | I hate what happened to you. | 对于你的遭遇我很抱歉 |
[41:12] | And whatever role I played in it. | 我更讨厌这事是因我而起 |
[41:16] | That’s why I’ve been avoiding this visit. | 所以我才一直不来看你 |
[41:23] | So, the palsy in your hand… | 对你手部麻痹的症状 |
[41:26] | I’ve done some research. | 我做了些调查 |
[41:28] | The clinic with the highest rate of recovery is in Gstaad. | 康复率最高的诊所位于格斯塔德[瑞士城市] |
[41:31] | I’ve communicated with the director, | 我跟那里的负责人联系过 |
[41:33] | and they would be happy to take you on straightaway. | 他们很乐意立刻接受你入院就诊 |
[41:36] | But if you’d rather stay in New York, | 但如果你想待在纽约 |
[41:38] | their top physician travels here frequently | 他们最好的医师经常会来这边 |
[41:41] | and could consult with local specialists. | 可以跟这里的专家一起会诊 |
[41:43] | All at no cost to you, obviously. | 当然你自己不用花一分钱 |
[41:50] | Well, I’ll just, uh… | 那我就… |
[41:52] | I’ll just leave you with their card. | 把他们的名片留给你 |
[41:53] | I feel good about the doctors here. | 我觉得这里的医生挺好的 |
[41:56] | These people are at the top of their field… | 这些人可是该领域的权威 |
[41:58] | Holmes, I don’t want a favor from you. | 福尔摩斯 我不想欠你人情 |
[42:03] | I’d rather not see you around here. | 我宁愿你不要过来看我 |