时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Can you read that all right, Hugo? | 你能看清那个吗 雨果 |
[00:08] | You need glasses? | 需要眼镜吗 |
[00:10] | It’s an ad, I guess. | 我猜这是则广告吧 |
[00:11] | Like, an online classified ad. | 像是网上分类广告 |
[00:13] | You don’t need to guess– you placed it. | 你不用猜 就是你发布的 |
[00:15] | IP address says it came from the library | IP地址说明它是在你的公寓附近的 |
[00:17] | down the block from your apartment. | 图书馆发出来的 |
[00:19] | “Free spirits with dance moves. | 招募会跳舞的自由灵魂 |
[00:21] | Make a memory and 50 bucks.” | 制造美好记忆并赚五十块 |
[00:23] | You sent Raggedy Andy masks like this one | 你给应征的每个人都寄了一个 |
[00:25] | to everyone who responded. | 这样的邋遢安迪面具 |
[00:26] | They thought they were gonna be in a flash mob viral video. | 他们以为自己会参与一段快闪视频 |
[00:29] | When in fact they were participants | 结果他们却参与了 |
[00:30] | in a human shell game. | 一场骗局 |
[00:31] | Your unwitting accomplices provided cover, | 那些不知情的人为你提供了掩护 |
[00:34] | while you stabbed your boss | 让你在光天化日之下 |
[00:35] | in broad daylight. | 捅死了你的老板 |
[00:36] | You then fled | 然后你混在 |
[00:37] | amongst the dispersing Andys. | 四散的邋遢安迪中逃走了 |
[00:39] | Nobody here thinks much of your scheme, | 我们都不觉得你的计划有多高明 |
[00:41] | but your masks, they’re impressive. | 但你的面具 真是太棒了 |
[00:45] | How long did it take you to make ’em, Hugo? | 你做它们花了多长时间 雨果 |
[00:47] | You think I can sew? | 你觉得我会缝纫吗 |
[00:48] | Well enough that it gave you away. | 技术不错以至于它出卖了你 |
[00:50] | Half the masks we recovered bore these | 我们收集的一半面具 |
[00:52] | irregular stitches, here– but only half. | 这里都有不规则的针脚 但只有一半 |
[00:54] | These defects bothered | 这些瑕疵让你 |
[00:55] | you enough to seek out a replacement bobbin | 不得不给你的古董缝纫机 |
[00:57] | for your antique machine. | 更换卷线筒 |
[00:58] | You bought two at the Stitch-rite | 你在制衣区的缝纫用品店 |
[01:00] | down in the Garment District. | 买了两个卷线筒 |
[01:01] | -It’s on tape. – Go ahead, then, | -你被录下来了 -好啊 |
[01:03] | lock me up– I got some bobbins. | 把我关起来 我就是买了两个卷线筒 |
[01:05] | And… | 还有… |
[01:08] | …A KA-BAR military knife. | 一把卡巴军刀 |
[01:12] | We recovered that from the furnace | 我们在你母亲家的火炉里 |
[01:13] | at your mother’s house. | 找到了它 |
[01:14] | The leather handle and the blood evidence | 皮把手和血迹证据 |
[01:16] | have burned away, but the serrated edge | 被烧掉了 但刀刃的锯齿边缘 |
[01:19] | may as well as signed your name on your victim’s ribs. | 跟受害者的肋骨伤痕完全吻合 |
[01:22] | You want to give us your confession, | 你想供认犯罪事实 |
[01:23] | help us help you, now would be a good time. | 帮我们也帮自己的话 现在是最佳时机 |
[01:32] | Pat. | 派特 |
[01:34] | No one told me you were here. | 没人告诉我你来了 |
[01:36] | Heard you were in the box, so I said | 听说你在审犯人 我就想 |
[01:37] | I’d make myself at home. | 拿我就自便了 |
[01:40] | Close the door, would you? | 把门关上吧 |
[01:43] | What brings you down? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[01:44] | Nothing bad. | 不是坏事 |
[01:46] | Is it something good? | 那是什么好事吗 |
[01:48] | ‘Cause, uh… | 因为… |
[01:50] | – that’s some top-shelf scotch. – I may not look | -这可是瓶上好的威士忌 -我看起来 |
[01:52] | like a fairy godmother, Tommy, | 也许不像是仙女教母 汤米 |
[01:54] | but… looks can be deceiving. | 但外表是可以骗人的 |
[01:59] | You and I are gonna have a chat | 我们要谈谈 |
[02:01] | about the future of this unit. | 这个部门的未来了 |
[02:29] | I heard you found 12 mites per hundred up at Hyde Park. | 我听说你在海德公园发现12%的蜜蜂有螨虫 |
[02:32] | Most of their hives won’t make it. | 大部分蜂巢都挺不过去了 |
[02:35] | I’ve been doing fieldwork for the USDA for 15 years– | 我在美国农业部干了十五年外勤 |
[02:37] | I’ve never seen Colony Collapse numbers this bad. | 从没见过这么严重的蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[02:40] | I’ve got friends in California | 我在加州的朋友说 |
[02:41] | say they’re gonna lose 20%, 25%. | 他们会损失20%到25%的蜜蜂 |
[02:43] | The winter was so cold that folks up here | 冬天这么冷 这里的人 |
[02:45] | are gonna lose twice that. | 会损失两倍 |
[02:47] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[02:48] | What do you think it is? | 你觉得是什么原因 |
[02:50] | Pesticides? Mites? What? | 杀虫剂 螨虫 还是什么 |
[02:51] | You know, I don’t know. | 我也不知道啊 |
[02:53] | But we’re gonna get to the bottom of it. | 但我们会弄清楚的 |
[03:13] | Everett! | 埃弗雷特 |
[03:19] | What the hell have you done to my bees! | 你把我的蜜蜂都怎么了 |
[03:26] | Oh, my God! | 我的天呐 |
[03:42] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[03:44] | Uh, understood. | 明白 |
[03:47] | I will, sir. | 我会的 长官 |
[03:49] | If you guys work for the USDA, why didn’t you just say so? | 如果你们是农业部的人 为什么不早说 |
[03:52] | We don’t. My partner’s on a beekeeping message board | 我们不是 我的搭档跟农业部的几个研究员 |
[03:54] | with a few of their researchers. | 在一个养蜂留言板聊起来 |
[03:55] | They asked us to come and have a look, | 他们让我们来看看 |
[03:57] | since it’s one of their colleagues that died. | 因为他们的一个同事死了 |
[03:59] | Guess I should apologize for the misunderstanding. | 我想我应该为误会你们而道歉 |
[04:01] | Oh, that’s quite all right, Officer. | 没关系 警官 |
[04:03] | It was very rude of me | 我如此唐突地 |
[04:04] | to save your life in such a brusque fashion. | 救了你的命实在是太无理了 |
[04:06] | I’m not sure you saved my life. | 我不确定你救了我的命 |
[04:08] | Yanked evidence out of my hand is more like it. | 更像是从我手里把证据抢走了 |
[04:10] | If he hadn’t, you’d be suffering arrhythmia by now. | 如果他不这么做 你现在就会心律不齐了 |
[04:12] | If you kept smelling that egg carton, it would’ve killed you. | 如果你再闻那个鸡蛋包装盒 你会没命的 |
[04:14] | Now, you said you could tell that thing | 你说你能从气味闻出来 |
[04:16] | was soaked in cyanide by the scent? | 那东西在氰化物里浸泡过 |
[04:18] | From ten feet away. | 三米开外就闻到了 |
[04:19] | Okay. So… | 好吧 所以… |
[04:21] | somebody dropped that in the guy’s smoker, | 有人把那东西放到了他的发烟器里 |
[04:23] | and then he goes off to comb the swarm, | 然后他去给蜂巢鼓风 |
[04:25] | and poof– he’s gassing the bees and breathing poison. | 结果他毒死了蜜蜂 自己也吸入了毒气 |
[04:30] | An eloquent summation. You might want to tell your colleague | 总结得相当好 你也许可以告诉你的同事 |
[04:32] | that the apiarist is not a strong suspect. | 养蜂人不是嫌疑人 |
[04:34] | The hell she isn’t. | 她怎么会不是呢 |
[04:35] | She was the only other person | 案发的时候 |
[04:36] | out here when this thing happened. | 就只剩她在现场了 |
[04:38] | And as far as Watson and I | 据我和华生判断 |
[04:39] | have been able to discern, utterly devoid | 她完全没有 |
[04:40] | of any motive– | 任何动机 |
[04:41] | unlike the soulless corporate golem | 不像那家没有灵魂的傀儡公司 |
[04:43] | that is AgriNext. | 明日农业 |
[04:46] | You think a company did this? | 你觉得这是一家公司干的 |
[04:47] | It wouldn’t be the first time they’d harbored a killer. | 这不是他们第一次包庇凶手了 |
[04:49] | He’s right– we found one there a few months ago. | 他说得对 我们几个月前还在那里发现了一个 |
[04:53] | So what makes you think they did this? | 你觉得他们为什么这么干 |
[04:54] | Elevated levels of Colony Collapse Disorder | 东北部越来越严重的 |
[04:56] | along the Northeast. | 蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[04:58] | You putting that on AgriNext, too? | 你觉得这也是明日农业干的 |
[04:59] | Everett Keck did. | 是埃弗雷特·凯克觉得 |
[05:00] | His notes strongly suggest that the company’s | 他的笔记表明那家公司的 |
[05:02] | neonicotinoid pesticides are the cause. | 烟碱类杀虫剂就是病因 |
[05:06] | So this guy was killed over some dead bees? | 这家伙是因为几只死蜜蜂而被杀的 |
[05:09] | A hundred million dead bees. | 是数以亿计的死蜜蜂 |
[05:10] | The regional numbers are so anomalous | 整个区域的数量极度反常 |
[05:12] | that an international apiary summit | 加里森大学本周还为此 |
[05:13] | has been convened at Garrison University | 召开了一个国际蜂房的峰会 |
[05:13] | 来自格雷森 来一趟办公室 别带夏洛克 | |
[05:15] | to discuss the problem this week. | 来对此进行研讨 |
[05:17] | Everett Keck’s notes suggest he was willing | 埃弗雷特·凯克的笔记说明 |
[05:19] | to cut short that debate and lay the blame squarely | 他觉得不必辩论了 该直接把责任归咎于 |
[05:21] | at the feet of AgriNext. | 明日农业 |
[05:23] | Officer, need a hand here! | 警官 过来帮帮忙 |
[05:25] | So, are you good here? | 你一个人留下行吗 |
[05:27] | I’m done here, actually. | 我其实已经完事了 |
[05:30] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[05:31] | The captain wants to see me at the station. | 警监让我去趟局里 |
[05:32] | He says he needs my help with something. | 他说有点事要我帮忙 |
[05:37] | “Come by the office. | “来一趟办公室 |
[05:38] | No Sherlock.” | 别带夏洛克” |
[05:39] | Come in, come in. | 快进来 |
[05:40] | Close the door. | 把门关上 |
[05:45] | I’m sorry for the cloak-and-dagger– it’s just, | 抱歉这么不由分说地叫你来 只是 |
[05:47] | this is a little delicate. | 这事我不想声张 |
[05:49] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[05:50] | I’ve been offered a promotion. | 我收到了升职的邀请 |
[05:55] | Downtown likes the work we’ve been doing, | 上头对我们的工作很满意 |
[05:57] | and they want to bump me up to Deputy Chief. | 想升我做副局长 |
[06:01] | That’s incredible! Do I give you a hug? | 太好了 我要给你个拥抱吗 |
[06:03] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不 不用 |
[06:05] | You can, you can sit. | 你先坐吧 |
[06:06] | This is not a done deal. | 这事还没决定 |
[06:08] | Well, but you’re gonna say yes. | 但你会答应的吧 |
[06:09] | Why wouldn’t you? | 有什么理由不呢 |
[06:11] | If I’m not leaving my people in good hands, | 要是找不到合适的人来接替我 |
[06:13] | I’m not leaving my people at all. | 我就不会离开大家 |
[06:16] | Now, the name they’ve floated to replace me is Ann Vescey. | 他们想找来顶替我的人叫安·瓦西 |
[06:19] | She’s a C.O. of the five-one squad, up in the Bronx. | 她是五一小队的头 在布朗克斯区 |
[06:22] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[06:23] | I know of her. | 略知一二 |
[06:24] | She’s, uh, got some heat. | 她挺有冲劲 |
[06:27] | All the right people are fans. | 有很多追随者 |
[06:28] | But I’m worried about her home base. | 但我担心她的来头 |
[06:32] | The five-one had a property room scandal | 五一小队传出过保管间丑闻 |
[06:34] | a couple of years back, and although | 就在几年前 |
[06:36] | she wasn’t implicated… | 尽管她没受到牵连… |
[06:38] | You want me to check her out. | 你想让我查查她 |
[06:39] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[06:42] | A few of her guys there | 她手下有几个人 |
[06:43] | had a habit of skimming from a big coke bust | 有习惯从保管间 |
[06:45] | that they had in property lockup. | 顺查收的可卡因出去 |
[06:47] | They were careful, took a little at a time… | 他们很小心 一次只带一点 |
[06:50] | long story short is, IAB wasn’t sure that they got everyone. | 总之 内务部不确定所有涉案人员都落网了 |
[06:55] | Now, Major Crimes has the biggest discretionary budget | 现在重案组的弹性预算数额 |
[06:58] | short of Counterterrorism. | 仅次于反恐组 |
[07:00] | I got to know for sure that | 我得确定 |
[07:01] | I’m not handing over the keys | 我不会把钥匙交给一个 |
[07:02] | to someone with sticky fingers. | 手脚不干净的人 |
[07:04] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[07:05] | I would’ve asked you to bring Holmes, but… | 我本想让你叫上福尔摩斯的 但… |
[07:08] | It’s delicate. | 你不想声张 |
[07:10] | I’m happy to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[07:13] | You told me on the phone | 你在电话里跟我说 |
[07:14] | this was about the Barbara Conway case. | 这是关于芭芭拉·康维的案子 |
[07:16] | It seemed unlikely you’d be willing | 我要是说实话 |
[07:17] | to talk about the real reason for my visit, so I lied. | 你可能不会开口 所以我撒谎了 |
[07:21] | I’m sure you’ll return the favor soon enough. | 相信你很快就会用谎言回敬我的 |
[07:24] | I don’t understand the hostility, Mr. Holmes. | 我不明白你为何会有敌意 福尔摩斯先生 |
[07:26] | You… you solved the murder of our CFO | 你破解了我们的CFO |
[07:29] | and one of our board members, | 和一个董事会成员的谋杀案 |
[07:31] | and you still don’t think we’d meet with you? | 可你却仍觉得我们不会见你 |
[07:33] | Because this place is a malevolent hellmouth, | 因为这地方是个恶毒的地狱之口 |
[07:35] | and all who pass through it | 所有经过的人 |
[07:36] | are complicit in an ongoing ecological onslaught. | 都是一起正在持续的生态冲击中的同谋 |
[07:40] | Or does AgriNext still deny | 还是说明日农业仍要否认 |
[07:41] | that its pesticides are causing Colony Collapse Disorder? | 是你们的杀虫剂引起了蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[07:44] | Of course it does. There’s never been a credible link… | 当然要否认 从来没有可靠联系能说明… |
[07:46] | So, the company would have had | 这么说 公司就有动机 |
[07:47] | motive to do away with someone who was trying to find the link. | 要除掉某个想找出联系的人了 |
[07:51] | Everett Keck, for example. | 比如 埃弗雷特·凯克 |
[07:56] | I doubt that anyone in this room committed the actual crime, | 我不认为这房间里有人真的杀了人 |
[08:00] | but in a pit such as AgriNext, it takes time to determine | 但在明日农业这样大的公司中 要花点时间 |
[08:03] | where one snake ends and the next begins, | 才能搞清两条蛇的首尾在何处衔接 |
[08:06] | so I’m going to give your executives | 所以我要尽量 |
[08:08] | as much warning as possible: come forward with information, | 警告你们的高管们 主动坦白 |
[08:12] | you may be spared. | 才有可能从宽处理 |
[08:17] | You’re right… | 你说对了 |
[08:18] | about the company having an awareness of Mr. Keck. | 公司的确注意到了凯克先生 |
[08:21] | Naturally, we knew about the work he was doing for the ASI. | 自然 我们也知道他在帮高等研究所做的事 |
[08:24] | We knew about his report. | 我们知道他的报告 |
[08:26] | But trust me, nobody here needed to hurt him. | 但相信我 这里没人有必要伤害他 |
[08:29] | We were well prepared | 我们已经做好了准备 |
[08:30] | to counter any claims he might make. | 迎接他可能提出的任何指控 |
[08:33] | Explain. | 请解释 |
[08:35] | We invested in some oppositional research. | 我们为了对抗他做了一些调查 |
[08:38] | As it turned out, Mr. Keck… | 事实证明 凯克先生 |
[08:41] | was academically under-qualified | 在学术上是没资格 |
[08:43] | for his position. | 坐到他如今的位子的 |
[08:44] | He was a Buddhist seminary dropout. | 他是个佛教学院的辍学生 |
[08:47] | Also an abuser of recreational drugs. | 时不时还会吸毒 |
[08:50] | He also had problems at work. | 他在工作中也问题不少 |
[08:52] | He made enemies. | 树敌颇多 |
[08:54] | At one point, the USDA even had to suspend him. | 有一次 农业部还不得不给他停职 |
[08:57] | So I could probably provide you with the names | 其实我可以给你提供几个 |
[08:58] | of a few good suspects… | 可能的嫌疑人名字 |
[09:01] | but I’m afraid you haven’t put me in a very generous mood. | 但恐怕你让我心情不太愉悦 |
[09:05] | So I think I’d rather you just left. | 所以你还是走吧 |
[09:17] | Is the captain leaving us? | 警监要离开我们了吗 |
[09:19] | Do you have his office bugged or something? | 你监听了他的办公室还是怎么的 |
[09:21] | – So you don’t deny it. – How could you… | -你没否认 -你怎么… |
[09:22] | Timing and context. | 时间点和大环境 |
[09:24] | The spring before an election is the | 大选前的春天 |
[09:25] | NYPD’s traditional housecleaning season. | 是纽约警局传统的清扫季 |
[09:28] | And it was only a matter of time before our clearance rate | 而我们的结案率把荣誉给到警监 |
[09:30] | conferred glory upon the captain. | 只是时间问题 |
[09:36] | You saw the personnel file. | 你看过个人档案了 |
[09:39] | Lieutenant Vescey’s name is familiar to me, | 我听说过瓦西副队长的名字 |
[09:41] | as are most names within the department. | 正如部门里其他人一样 |
[09:43] | It’s not a great leap to imagine that the captain | 不需要多充足的想象力就可以知道警监 |
[09:45] | would want to vet his potential replacement. | 会想要审查自己的接班人 |
[09:47] | Do you know much about her? | 你了解她吗 |
[09:48] | I know she’s considered by many to be a rising star, | 我知道很多人认为她是新起之秀 |
[09:50] | but as for the woman herself, I’ve not had the pleasure. | 但作为女人的她 我还没那个荣幸结识 |
[09:53] | She came up with a few bad apples– | 她以前跟一些行为不当的人共事过 |
[09:55] | I’m supposed to find out if they rubbed off. | 我本应该查查她有没有受到影响 |
[10:00] | – That’s it? – What’s it? | -就这样了 -什么这样了 |
[10:03] | I tell you the Captain might be leaving, and nothing? | 我告诉你警监没准要走了 你一点反应没有 |
[10:05] | Well, did you imagine he would remain a Captain forever? | 你以为他会当一辈子警监吗 |
[10:08] | Do you think Marcus will always be a Detective? | 你以为马库斯会永远当警探吗 |
[10:10] | You and I exist | 你和我存在于 |
[10:11] | outside of the bureaucracy of the department, | 部门官僚结构之外 |
[10:13] | and that is by design. | 是有原因的 |
[10:14] | Our colleagues are as vulnerable to promotions | 我们的同事会随时接受升职 |
[10:16] | as they are to demotions, | 同样也会遇到降职 |
[10:19] | and we can do little | 而我们能做的 |
[10:20] | but honor the former and mourn the latter. | 也就只有恭喜前者 惋惜后者 |
[10:24] | And what if Captain Vescey doesn’t think she needs | 那如果瓦西警监认为她不需要 |
[10:25] | a couple of consultants hanging around? | 两名顾问的存在呢 |
[10:27] | Then she will reveal herself an idiot. | 那她就会让自己变成一个白痴 |
[10:30] | And you and I shall find a new perch… | 而你和我会找到一个新的栖身之所… |
[10:33] | presumably with the help of a newly promoted friend. | 很可能是受到新近升职朋友的帮助 |
[10:39] | Looks like you opened up a satellite office | 看起来你在这里给美国农业部 |
[10:40] | for the Department of Agriculture in here. | 建立了一个办事处似的 |
[10:43] | 25,000 species of bee– always much to learn. | 二万五千种蜜蜂 学无止境 |
[10:45] | Well, if you’re planning on picking up where Keck left off, | 如果你想继续凯克的工作 |
[10:48] | it might be nice to solve his murder first. | 也许应该先解决他的谋杀案 |
[10:50] | That I believe I may have already done. | 那个我想我已经解决了 |
[10:53] | I was gone for two hours. | 我刚离开俩小时 |
[10:56] | Our friends at AgriNext planned | 咱们明日农业的朋友 |
[10:58] | to run a smear campaign against Everett Keck. | 想要针对埃弗雷特·凯克实施抹黑行动 |
[11:00] | They claimed he had a drug problem, | 他们声称他有吸毒问题 |
[11:02] | and he’d been suspended from work. | 并因此被停职 |
[11:04] | Keck’s tox screen confirmed | 凯克的毒理检验证实 |
[11:06] | he was indeed a habitual marijuana user, | 他确实是一个长期吸食大麻 |
[11:08] | and that he died with Viagra in his system. | 并且死时身体中残留有伟哥 |
[11:11] | I enquired of the USDA as to his work troubles. | 我向美国农业部询问了他工作上的麻烦 |
[11:14] | Everett Keck received a week’s paid leave | 埃弗雷特·凯克被放了一周带薪假期 |
[11:17] | whilst enquiries were made to accusations levied | 并且因为一起控告而接受了询问 |
[11:20] | by a Poughkeepsie beekeeper named Darryl Jarvis. | 控主是一名波基普西的养蜂人达瑞尔·贾维斯 |
[11:24] | This guy thinks that Keck killed his bees. | 这人认为凯克杀死了他的蜜蜂 |
[11:26] | By introducing deadly varroa mites into his hives. | 通过向他的蜂巢中注入了致死量的瓦螨 |
[11:29] | During the course of the investigation, | 在调查期间 |
[11:30] | it became clear, though, | 发现了一件事 |
[11:31] | that Darryl Jarvis was a paranoid schizophrenic. | 那位达瑞尔·贾维斯是名多疑的精神病患者 |
[11:34] | Some speculated that his claims were just results of delusions. | 有猜测认为他的声称仅仅是幻想 |
[11:38] | So that probably made Jarvis even angrier. | 这可能让贾维斯更愤怒了 |
[11:40] | That wasn’t enough, have a look at Mr. Jarvis’s address. | 还不止这些 看看贾维斯先生的地址 |
[11:42] | Everett Keck examined hives at an apiary | 埃弗雷特·凯克在他死时前一天 |
[11:45] | across the street the day before he died. | 去街对面的养蜂场检查过蜂巢 |
[11:47] | So Jarvis would have had ample opportunity | 所以贾维斯有足够的时机 |
[11:49] | to tamper with the smoker. | 给发烟器动手脚 |
[11:50] | Seems like a man worth talking to. | 看起来有必要和他谈谈 |
[11:58] | It’s never wise to wait for rubbish collection, Mr. Jarvis. | 从不要寄期望于收垃圾的 贾维斯先生 |
[12:00] | It’s always better to burn the evidence. | 最好的办法总是烧毁证据 |
[12:03] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[12:05] | The ground apple seeds you used in preparation of your cyanide, | 你用来准备氰化物的苹果核碎屑 |
[12:08] | the other half of the egg carton you soaked in it. | 你用来浸入其中的另一半简易蛋盒 |
[12:10] | You stuffed the other half | 你将另一半塞入了 |
[12:11] | in Keck’s smoker yesterday | 凯克的发烟器 |
[12:13] | when he was working across the road. | 趁昨天他在街对面工作的时候 |
[12:20] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着觉 |
[12:22] | That’s why I answered the door so fast. | 所以我才那么快就开了门 |
[12:28] | I was lying in bed, | 我躺在床上 |
[12:30] | thinking about turning myself in. | 想着去自首 |
[12:33] | The minute I heard it worked, I wished I hadn’t done it. | 听到成功了的那一刻 我就后悔了 |
[12:37] | Even after what he did to my hives. | 即便是他那样对待我的蜂巢 |
[12:41] | Even after no one believed me. | 即便没有人相信我 |
[12:46] | You think I’m crazy, too, don’t you? | 你也觉得我疯了 对不对 |
[12:49] | We’re aware of your condition. | 我们了解你的病情 |
[12:52] | I’m a schizophrenic. | 我是精神病患者 |
[12:55] | That means I’m in good shape for an insanity defense, right? | 也就是说我可以作精神障碍辩护 对吧 |
[13:01] | I haven’t gone off my meds in years. | 我这一年没停过药 |
[13:06] | When I put that carton in Keck’s smoker, | 当我将那简易蛋盒放入凯克发烟器里时 |
[13:09] | I was in my right mind, | 我的头脑很正常 |
[13:12] | just like I was | 正如我当时 |
[13:13] | when I saw him put those mites in my hives. | 看到他将那些螨虫放入我蜂巢时一样 |
[13:17] | Just like I am now. | 正如我现在一样 |
[13:22] | Feel free to put all that in your report. | 你可以将这些写入你的报告中 |
[13:24] | Why would he have done it? | 他为什么要那么做 |
[13:26] | Keck? | 凯克 |
[13:28] | Why would he have wanted to harm your hives? | 他为什么想要伤害你的蜂巢 |
[13:31] | I don’t have any idea. | 我不知道为什么 |
[13:35] | I just know what I saw. | 我只知道我看到了什么 |
[13:49] | No, I’m a consultant with the NYPD. | 不 我是纽约警署的顾问 |
[13:51] | But a warrant could be arranged pursuant to my request. | 但如果需要我可以申请到搜查令 |
[13:55] | Or, if you prefer, a formal summons could be issued | 或者如果你想的话 可以对你的阻挠 |
[13:58] | in response to this needless obstruction. | 开出一张正式传票 |
[14:06] | No, don’t me on hol… | 不行 别让我等候… |
[14:10] | Oh. That didn’t used to be here. | 这东西以前可不在这啊 |
[14:13] | I’m on hold. | 我在等候办理 |
[14:15] | Oh, what’s with the files? | 这些文件是怎么回事 |
[14:17] | We closed Keck last night. | 凯克的案子咱们昨天就结了 |
[14:18] | I didn’t dream that, did I? | 那不是我在做梦呢吧 |
[14:19] | I think Darryl Jarvis was right. | 我觉得达瑞尔·贾维斯是对的 |
[14:22] | Everett Keck did kill his hives. | 埃弗雷特·凯克确实杀了他的蜜蜂 |
[14:24] | I thought the USDA investigated, and they didn’t find anything. | 美国农业部不是调查过了吗 什么也没发现 |
[14:28] | They didn’t, but they may have | 是没发现 但是如果 |
[14:30] | if bee stings didn’t bear some resemblance to hypodermic marks. | 蜜蜂蜇刺不是和皮下注射相似 就会有了 |
[14:35] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[14:36] | I rendered the latter with a pin. | 后边是我用针刺的 |
[14:39] | Can you tell the difference from the bee stings? | 你能看出和蜜蜂蜇刺有什么不同吗 |
[14:42] | You’re getting stung by bees on purpose? | 你故意让自己被蜜蜂蛰 |
[14:44] | Obviously. | 显然是的 |
[14:45] | I don’t have enough caffeine in my system | 我现在身体里的咖啡因太少了 |
[14:48] | to understand you right now. | 没法理解你的行为 |
[14:50] | The Department of Agriculture never officially closed | 美国农业部一直没有正式结束 |
[14:52] | its investigation into Everett Keck. | 对埃弗雷特·凯克的调查 |
[14:54] | It simply withered on the vine | 当时监理的主管 |
[14:56] | when the supervisor in charge, Calvin Barnes, | 加尔文·巴尼斯因一次心脏病发作 |
[14:58] | suffered a heart attack, | 引发了缺氧性脑损伤后 |
[15:00] | and subsequent anoxic brain injury. | 案子就搁置了 |
[15:02] | He took early retirement. The matter was dropped. | 他提前退休 这案子也无人问津了 |
[15:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:06] | Calvin Barnes ran two marathons last year. | 加尔文·巴尼斯去年参加了两次马拉松 |
[15:09] | His cardiovascular health was excellent. | 他心血管系统好得很 |
[15:11] | But it was reported, he sustained several bee stings | 报告上却说 他发病那天 |
[15:15] | in the field on the day he collapsed. | 在野外被蜜蜂蛰了几下 |
[15:17] | Some people thought that he suffered a delayed allergic reaction. | 有人认为他的过敏反应推迟发作了 |
[15:20] | I, myself, do not. | 我自己并不这么认为 |
[15:22] | I’ve been negotiating with the hospital | 我在同治疗巴尼斯先生的医院沟通 |
[15:24] | that treated Mr. Barnes to release his records. | 好让我看巴尼斯先生的病历 |
[15:26] | When they do, I suspect his blood work | 等他们同意了 我怀疑他的血检结果 |
[15:29] | will show elevated levels of potassium and chlorine. | 会显示高浓度的钾和氯 |
[15:32] | Hold on. You’re saying that someone poisoned him? | 等等 你是说他被人下毒了 |
[15:34] | To bring on the heart attack. Precisely. | 好引发心脏病 没错 |
[15:36] | But the injection mark was lost amongst the bee stings. | 但针孔却被蜜蜂蛰的伤口掩盖过去了 |
[15:41] | So you think that Keck tried to kill his boss | 你认为凯克杀他老板 |
[15:43] | to cover up poisoning a few bee hives? | 是为了掩盖往几个蜂群投毒的事 |
[15:45] | More than a few. | 不止几个 |
[15:47] | I’ve come to believe that Everett Keck was not just studying | 我相信埃弗雷特·凯克不仅仅在研究 |
[15:49] | Colony Collapse Disorder. | 蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[15:51] | Everett Keck was Colony Collapse Disorder incarnate. | 他还想把它应用到人的身上 |
[16:02] | You might recall my recent concern over varroas in my own hives. | 你也许还记得我近来担心自己的蜂群出现瓦螨 |
[16:06] | These fears were born out of rumblings on BeeCircuit.Com. | 我的担心是由蜂流网上的讨论引起的 |
[16:11] | Most of the talk | 大部分讨论 |
[16:11] | on the spike of this season’s colony death rate | 是关于当季致命瓦螨蔓延中心地区 |
[16:13] | centered around the spread of deadly mites. | 蜂群死亡率的飙升 |
[16:16] | Okay, but I thought Keck was gonna prove it was pesticides. | 我以为凯克要证明这是由杀虫剂导致的 |
[16:19] | That’s what his note suggested. | 据他的笔记来看是的 |
[16:21] | That’s what he intended to report, | 他也打算这样报告 |
[16:23] | but the data suggests that the parasites were appearing | 但数据显示 他所到之处 |
[16:26] | in greater than expected numbers everywhere he went. | 这种寄生虫的数量都远高于合理范围 |
[16:29] | You did all this overnight? | 你一晚上就做了这么多 |
[16:31] | You know I outsource arithmetic to Harlan. | 你知道我把数学问题都外包给哈伦了 |
[16:33] | Okay, so, that’s Keck. | 好吧 那个是凯克的 |
[16:36] | And there are three other ASI researchers. | 还有三名高等研究所其他研究员的 |
[16:38] | He found more mites than the others. | 他发现的瓦螨比别人多 |
[16:40] | Many more. According to Harlan, | 多得多 哈伦认为 |
[16:42] | the variance between Keck and his colleagues | 凯克和他同事调查结果的差异 |
[16:44] | cannot be explaine in a way by known confounds. | 无法用已知的混杂因子来解释 |
[16:46] | The odds that Mr. Keck were not actively | 凯克先生并未人为地在所到之处 |
[16:49] | spreading varroaitites everywhere he went | 传播瓦螨虫害的可能性 |
[16:50] | approaches one in 29,000. | 接近两万九千分之一 |
[16:52] | So, there isn’t a spike in Colony Collapse Disorder after all. | 所以蜂群崩坏症候群的发生率并未上涨 |
[16:56] | Every dead hive is a tragedy. | 每一群死亡的蜜蜂都是一个悲剧 |
[16:58] | But outside of one nefarious USDA field researcher, | 但若不是有一名黑心的农业部外勤研究员 |
[17:02] | no, the CCD baseline would not be inflated at all. | 蜂群崩坏症候群的基准线不会大幅上涨 |
[17:05] | – Why would he do something like this? – I don’t know. | -他为什么要这么做 -我不知道 |
[17:07] | I’m fairly certain, however, he had help. | 不过我很肯定 他有帮手 |
[17:10] | The heart attack almost killed Calvin Barnes | 那场差点要了加尔文·巴尼斯命的心脏病 |
[17:12] | occurred while Mr. Keck was doing his rounds in Connecticut. | 发生于凯克先生在康涅狄格州开会期间 |
[17:15] | He had a partner. | 他有个搭档 |
[17:16] | We’ve solved one murder. | 我们解开了一件谋杀案 |
[17:18] | Now we just have the remaining 100 million. | 还有一亿件要办 |
[17:31] | I wish Cal was here to help explain this. | 我希望卡尔能在这帮忙解释这一切 |
[17:35] | I-I mean, really here. | 我是说 康复过来 |
[17:38] | In short, Mrs. Barnes, we think that your husband | 长话短说 巴尼斯太太 我们认为您丈夫 |
[17:40] | was on the verge of uncovering a plot | 快要揭发一场计划 |
[17:42] | to kill off the Northeast’s bee population. | 灭绝东北部蜂群的阴谋 |
[17:44] | Did he ever talk to you about someone | 他有没有和你提过一个 |
[17:46] | named Everett Keck? | 叫埃弗雷特·凯克的人 |
[17:48] | Sure, he was looking into Everett | 当然 他心脏病发之前就在 |
[17:51] | around the time of his heart attack. | 调查埃弗雷特 |
[17:53] | We think that might have been more than just a coincidence. | 我们认为那也许并不是一个巧合 |
[17:55] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[17:57] | Are you saying that you think Everett did this to him? | 你的意思是埃弗雷特对他下的手 |
[18:00] | Not Mr. Keck, a partner whom we have yet to identify. | 不是凯克先生 是他一名身份未知的搭档 |
[18:06] | Well, that actually makes… sense. | 那就说得过去了 |
[18:10] | When I found Cal, | 我发现卡尔时 |
[18:13] | that’s-that’s what I thought, too. | 也那么想过 |
[18:17] | What do you mean? | 您什么意思 |
[18:19] | Well, just the-the things that I saw… | 是我目睹的情景 |
[18:22] | This mirror was smashed. | 这块镜子碎了 |
[18:24] | It had to be replaced. | 只得换掉 |
[18:26] | There was a bump on his head. | 他头上鼓起了块包 |
[18:29] | I thought they were signs of a struggle. | 我以为那些都是打斗的痕迹 |
[18:31] | But the paramedics told me that sometimes this happens. | 但急救人员说这在心脏病患者身上也时有发生 |
[18:35] | Someone will have a heart attack, fall down, | 有人心脏病犯了 摔倒 |
[18:38] | knock things over. | 打翻东西 |
[18:40] | So where was he lying when you found him? | 你发现他时他躺在哪儿 |
[18:42] | Right here, with his, | 就是这儿 |
[18:44] | um, head towards the living room. | 头朝向客厅 |
[18:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:48] | Here? | 这儿吗 |
[19:01] | Was this door open? | 这扇门是开着的吗 |
[19:03] | No, it was closed. | 不 是关着的 |
[19:05] | Closed. | 关着 |
[19:07] | What about this gash in the molding here? | 那边门框上凹进去的部分呢 |
[19:10] | Is that new? | 是新的吗 |
[19:11] | I think perhaps your husband fell against the door? | 也许您丈夫摔到门上了 |
[19:14] | No, that shouldn’t be there. | 不 那儿不该有凹痕的 |
[19:16] | We had this place painted right before Christmas. | 我们圣诞节前刚把家里粉刷了一遍 |
[19:18] | It was perfect. | 完美无缺 |
[19:22] | Would you excuse me for a moment? | 抱歉失陪一下 |
[19:27] | So, what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[19:29] | I think there was a struggle that started here by the closet. | 我想壁橱这儿曾发生过打斗 |
[19:33] | And I’m now more certain than ever | 现在我比以前更加确定 |
[19:34] | that Mr. Keck’s partner injected a potassium chloride solution | 凯克先生的搭档给巴尼斯先生 |
[19:37] | to stop Mr. Barnes’s heart. | 注射了一剂氯化钾想让他心跳停止 |
[19:43] | None of our unsolved cases interesting enough, huh? | 我们没破的案子没一个有意思的哈 |
[19:47] | Got me turning heart attacks into attempted homicides now? | 现在连心脏病都改为蓄意谋杀了 |
[19:50] | Well, that’s just one more case for the pile, | 这一堆案子 不多那一件 |
[19:52] | but we are gonna help you close it. | 而且我们会帮你结案的 |
[19:54] | CSU isn’t. | 鉴证组可不 |
[19:55] | They just got back from Calvin Barnes’s place. | 他们刚从加尔文·巴尼斯家回来 |
[19:58] | There’s plenty of blonde hair and fingerprints, | 弄了不少金发和指纹 |
[19:59] | but nothing you wouldn’t expect inside the home | 但两位屋主都是金发 还养了条金毛狗 |
[20:01] | of two blonde people with a golden retriever. | 所以没什么特别的 |
[20:03] | The attack was four weeks ago. | 那次袭击是四周前的事了 |
[20:05] | That foyer has been cleaned by housekeepers, | 就算攻击者没清理现场 |
[20:06] | if not the assailant himself. | 门厅也已经被保洁人员打扫过了 |
[20:08] | You any closer to telling me why someone would want | 你快要查清为什么有人想 |
[20:10] | to kill a bunch of bees up and down the Northeast? | 弄死东北的蜂群了吗 |
[20:13] | Well, my most promising theory was that it was an attempt | 最靠谱的解释就是有人想 |
[20:15] | to manipulate the commodities exchange. | 操纵蜂产品交易市场 |
[20:17] | New York is the second largest | 纽约是美国第二大 |
[20:18] | grower of apples in the United States. | 苹果种植地 |
[20:20] | The business is reliant on pollination by bees, | 而苹果依赖蜜蜂授粉 |
[20:22] | so, it would most assuredly be impacted. | 必定会受到影响 |
[20:24] | But, as it turns out, no one has been shorting the industry. | 但是 结果显示 还没有人开始做空 |
[20:28] | So you’re back to square one. | 所以你又回到原点了 |
[20:30] | Well, maybe one and a half. | 还是有一些收获的 |
[20:31] | I have another theory. | 我有了另一个理论 |
[20:33] | You know that apiary summit | 记得那个你提到的 |
[20:35] | you were talking about in Garrison? | 在加里森的养蜂场峰会吗 |
[20:36] | Every researcher attending has motive. | 每个参加者都有自己的动机 |
[20:39] | How do you figure? | 为什么这么说 |
[20:40] | Colony collapse rates have improved since 2011. | 蜂群崩坏症候群自2011年以来出现频率升高 |
[20:42] | Research funding has begun to dry up. | 科研经费开始不足 |
[20:44] | This new scare could be the work | 这一轮新的恐慌可能是 |
[20:46] | of an academic rattling his tin cup. | 某个学者想为科研工作筹得经费 |
[20:49] | It’s worth a trip to New Jersey to find out, right? | 这值得去一趟新泽西探个究竟吧 |
[20:53] | You seriously think someone | 你当真觉得美国农业部有人 |
[20:54] | from the USDA is behind these numbers? | 在操纵这些数字 |
[20:56] | Evidence is quite compelling, is it not? | 证据很明显了 不是吗 |
[20:59] | No. No way. You can’t just write off a global issue | 不不不 你不能因为一个蜜蜂杀人狂魔 |
[21:02] | because one guy went on a bee-killing spree. | 就抹杀掉一个全球问题 |
[21:04] | I share your concerns | 我同意你关于 |
[21:05] | about Colony Collapse Disorder writ large, I do. | 蜂群崩坏症候群扩大的担忧 真的 |
[21:08] | I have hives of my own. | 我自己也养蜂 |
[21:10] | But your degree is in Entomology, and, uh, | 但是你的学位是昆虫学 |
[21:12] | the mathematicians have spoken. | 数学方面数学家们已经有结论了 |
[21:14] | Uh, Griff? Come here. You should hear this. | 格里夫 过来 你应该听听这个 |
[21:18] | This is my husband, Griffin Parker. | 这是我丈夫 格里芬·帕克 |
[21:19] | He’s a professor here, too. | 他也是这里的教授 |
[21:21] | They think some USDA guy… | 他们认为农业部的某个家伙… |
[21:23] | – Everett Keck. – They think he was dropping mites | -埃弗雷特·凯克 -他们认为他在过去的几个月中 |
[21:26] | in hives all over New York and Connecticut the past few months. | 在纽约和康涅狄格州的蜂巢中放置了很多螨虫 |
[21:29] | The purpose of your summit is to study this year’s spike | 你们论坛的宗旨是研究蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[21:31] | in Colony Collapse Disorder and find answers. | 在今年的突然爆发并找到原因 |
[21:34] | We submit you might be holding those answers in your hands. | 我们觉得你手里拿的就是原因 |
[21:37] | So, this guy’s, what, insane? | 所以这家伙是疯了吗 |
[21:40] | Or just a canny fund-raiser. | 也可能只是一个狡猾的募捐者 |
[21:42] | We think he has a partner who may have a way | 我们认为他有一个同伙 |
[21:43] | to cash in on the higher CCD numbers. | 在症候群爆发的时候获利 |
[21:46] | Do you know if any of your attendees | 在你们的参与者中有没有人 |
[21:48] | are writing grant proposals to study the outbreak? | 强烈建议研究这种大爆发的 |
[21:51] | Offhand, no, but it’s a safe bet someone is. | 暂时没发现 但也不排除这种人存在的可能 |
[21:54] | But the outcry for this summit | 但是抗议本次峰会的声音 |
[21:56] | has come from all corners. I mean, everyone | 来自四面八方 我是说 |
[21:57] | is worried about what’s happening here | 每个人都很担心这里发生的事情 |
[21:59] | in the tri-state area, where it goes next year. | 在这个三态区域 以及未来的走向 |
[22:00] | Well, you’re not wrong about the funds drying up. | 你说经费不足的事确实属实 |
[22:03] | We’re the only Entomology Department in the radius | 我们是在症候群爆发范围内唯一一个 |
[22:05] | of the outbreak that had the cash to host this thing. | 有经费主持该项目的昆虫系了 |
[22:07] | To our point– many of your colleagues, less fortunate. | 在我们看来 你们的很多同僚都没那么幸运 |
[22:10] | It would be a great help to us if you could give us | 如果你们能提供一份与会人员名单 |
[22:12] | a list of your esteemed guests. | 就再好不过了 |
[22:16] | The people you’re talking about… are scientists. | 你说的这些人是科学家 |
[22:19] | Not murderers. | 而非凶手 |
[22:20] | The frequency of overlap between those two vocations | 这两种职业的重叠率 |
[22:22] | might surprise you. | 可能会让你大吃一惊 |
[22:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:28] | His Highness Sheik Nasser Al-Fayed is making an appearance? | 纳赛尔·阿法伊德酋长也要出席吗 |
[22:32] | Supposedly. | 应该是吧 |
[22:33] | Nasser is an Emir. | 纳赛尔是一名埃米尔 |
[22:35] | He’s a member of the royal family of Al Qasr | 他是阿联酋阿喀斯尔皇室家族的 |
[22:36] | in the United Arab Emirates. | 一名成员 |
[22:38] | He’s a black sheep. He’s not trusted | 他是一匹黑马 |
[22:40] | with state business, like his brothers. | 他不信任国有业务 就像他的兄弟们 |
[22:43] | He’s also got the most expensive apiary on the planet. | 他还拥有世界上最昂贵的蜂房 |
[22:46] | – State-of-the-art hives. – He’s a recluse. | -简直就是艺术品 -他是个隐士 |
[22:49] | Rumors on BeeCircuit.Com are that he never leaves | 在蜂流网上有传言说他从未真正离开过 |
[22:51] | – his family’s estate. – Well, I wouldn’t, either. | -家族产业 -换了我也不会的 |
[22:53] | He has almost 1,000 species. | 他有超过1000种蜜蜂 |
[22:57] | Uh, we were surprised he RSVP’d, | 得知他要来参会时我们都很惊讶 |
[22:58] | but I guess he made the trip, | 但他应该得以成行了 |
[22:59] | ’cause he asked for a car service to pick him up | 因为他叫了辆车 |
[23:01] | in the city tonight. | 今晚去城里接他 |
[23:02] | Staying here in New York? | 就住在纽约吗 |
[23:03] | The Cardiff. Downtown. | 在卡迪夫 市中心 |
[23:07] | You keep checking your watch. | 你一直在看表 |
[23:09] | Yeah. I forgot how long it takes to get over the river. | 是的 我忘了过河要多长时间 |
[23:13] | I managed to get a copy of | 我拿到了五一小队 |
[23:14] | the five-one’s property room log book. | 保管间的登记簿 |
[23:16] | I’m supposed to meet a handwriting expert in 30 minutes. | 我在三十分钟后要见一个笔迹鉴定专家 |
[23:18] | He’s gonna tell me whether or not | 他会告诉我安·瓦西有没有 |
[23:19] | Ann Vescey has forged any signatures in it. | 在上面伪造过什么签名 |
[23:23] | You cohabitate with one of the foremost | 你和一个世界上第一流的 |
[23:24] | forensic document examiners on the planet. | 文件检查者同居一处 |
[23:26] | You might have saved yourself the expense. | 你本可以省掉这个费用的 |
[23:28] | You’re not supposed to know any of this, remember? | 你不应该知晓这些 还记得吧 |
[23:31] | Well, should you require a second opinion, | 如果你需要我的意见 |
[23:32] | I’ll be at the Cardiff. | 可以去卡迪夫找我 |
[23:34] | Oh, so you’re looking into that Sheik, right? | 所以你是要查那名酋长吗 |
[23:36] | He’s loaded. | 他很富有 |
[23:37] | So if he wanted money for research, | 所以如果他需要钱来进行研究 |
[23:38] | why couldn’t he just use his own? | 为什么不干脆用他自己的呢 |
[23:39] | You’re right– Nasser Al-Fayed | 你是对的 纳赛尔·阿法伊德 |
[23:41] | and his family are indeed loaded. | 和他的家族确实很富有 |
[23:42] | They stay that way thanks to their many business holdings. | 他们的财富得益于名下的众多企业 |
[23:44] | For example, they own several agribusinesses in Turkey, | 举个例子 他们在土耳其拥有多个农业业务 |
[23:48] | which would benefit greatly if New York’s apple orchards | 如果纽约的苹果果园在授粉中出现问题 |
[23:50] | were to suffer from underpollination. | 这些业务可以从中受益 |
[23:54] | I guess I could think of worse reason to kill 100 million bees. | 我想为了这个目的杀掉一亿只蜜蜂还挺合理的吧 |
[23:58] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[24:00] | Look at the bold garlands. The-the-the short, nubby arcades | 看那个粗体的花环 就是那个短的 块状的拱形 |
[24:04] | in the N’s. | 在N那里 |
[24:06] | Same hand, no question. | 出自同一个人之手 毫无疑问 |
[24:08] | Not what you wanted to hear, is it? | 你不想听到这个消息 是吗 |
[24:11] | To be honest, I’m not really sure what I wanted to hear. | 说实话 我也不知道我到底想不想 |
[24:16] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[24:21] | Hey. Did you talk to the Sheik? | 你和酋长谈过了吗 |
[24:23] | I did not. No one’s seen him in 24 hours. | 没有 一整天都没有人见过他 |
[24:27] | Did he check out? | 他退房了吗 |
[24:28] | Not exactly. | 不算是 |
[24:30] | Yesterday morning, guests on this floor | 昨天晚上 这一层的客人 |
[24:32] | were questioned by panicked Arab men wearing suits. | 都被几个慌张的穿制服的阿拉伯人盘问了 |
[24:36] | Mr. Al-Fayed’s bodyguards | 是阿法伊德先生的保镖 |
[24:38] | were trying and failing to locate him. | 他们试图找到他 但最终失败了 |
[24:41] | This was troubling, | 这让我觉得可疑 |
[24:42] | so I availed myself of a maid’s key card | 所以我用了一张服务员的万能卡 |
[24:44] | to have a look around his suite. | 来他的套房看看 |
[24:47] | I’m now reasonably certain | 我现在可以确定 |
[24:49] | the Emir has been kidnapped. | 酋长被绑架了 |
[24:55] | I was told you needed my assistance | 你们之前要我帮忙 |
[24:57] | in contacting Sheik Nasser. | 联系纳赛尔酋长 |
[25:00] | Now this gentleman says | 现在这位先生又说 |
[25:01] | that he has been kidnapped. | 他被绑架了 |
[25:02] | You’ll have to excuse my colleague, | 请多多包涵我的同事 |
[25:04] | Mr. Al Shamsi. | 艾尔沙姆希先生 |
[25:05] | The NYPD isn’t ready to go that far. | 纽约警局目前还不会做那种推测 |
[25:08] | For now, we consider this a missing person’s case. | 目前 我们把它当做一桩失踪人口案处理 |
[25:11] | We were hoping that you would be able put us in touch | 我们希望你能帮我们 |
[25:14] | with the Sheik’s security detail. | 联系上酋长的警卫人员 |
[25:15] | One of his guards, Rasheed Musharakh, | 他的保镖之一 拉希德·穆沙拉克 |
[25:18] | is of particular interest to us. | 是我们的嫌疑人之一 |
[25:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:22] | Because we feel he may be responsible. | 因为我们认为此事他脱不了干系 |
[25:25] | Every guest on the Sheik’s floor | 酋长那层的房客 |
[25:26] | was questioned. A few remembered a guard stationed | 都被审问过了 其中一些人记得两晚前 |
[25:29] | outside his door two nights ago– Rasheed. | 一个保镖守在他房门前 就是拉希德 |
[25:31] | The next day, when all the other guards were rushing | 第二天 当其他保镖仓皇失措 |
[25:33] | around in a panic, Rasheed was nowhere to be seen. | 忙得团团转 拉希德却不见踪影 |
[25:35] | And now he just cannot be found. | 现在他彻底失踪了 |
[25:37] | And this hearsay is the basis of your contention | 你就通过这种传闻一口咬定 |
[25:40] | that Mr. Musharakh absconded with his charge? | 穆沙拉克先生畏罪潜逃了吗 |
[25:43] | There was no blood at the scene, no sign of a struggle. | 现场没有血迹 没有打斗痕迹 |
[25:45] | But then, there wouldn’t be if Rasheed | 很有可能就是 拉希德 |
[25:47] | had just walked him out of a fire exit. | 陪同他一起走出了安全出口 |
[25:50] | Well, nor would there be if he just checked out | 或者他退房离开酒店 |
[25:52] | and found alternate accommodations. | 找到了其他住所 |
[25:54] | A possibility. | 也有可能 |
[25:55] | If he had not abandoned his epinephrine | 但那样的话 他就不会丢下肾上腺素注射器 |
[25:58] | with the rest of his toiletries. | 以及其他洗漱用品了 |
[26:00] | It’s prescribed for a deathly peanut allergy | 它是专门治疗可致死的花生过敏反应 |
[26:02] | and I doubt he would willfully travel without it. | 我很怀疑他出行时会不带这个 |
[26:05] | Do you have numbers for either | 你有他们的联系方式吗 |
[26:07] | of them– something we could trace? | 或什么能让我们追踪到他们的 |
[26:08] | I’m afraid it would be impossible | 我恐怕不能向你们 |
[26:10] | to provide you with such information. | 提供这种信息 |
[26:12] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[26:13] | Well, as you said, | 如你所说 |
[26:14] | we can’t say for certain a crime has been committed. | 还不能确定这是一桩刑事案件 |
[26:17] | Our U.N. mission does not exist | 我们国家驻联合国的使团 |
[26:19] | to strong-arm our citizens | 不是为了胁迫我们的公民 |
[26:21] | into American police stations. | 进美国警局而存在的 |
[26:23] | A more likely explanation is that your government has already | 更合理的解释是 你们的政府已经 |
[26:26] | commenced negotiations for the Sheik’s safe return. | 着手对酋长的安全返回进行谈判了 |
[26:29] | On that point, among others, you are entirely mistaken. | 关于这事 以及其它事 你都大错特错了 |
[26:33] | What I wish to know is why | 我想知道的是 |
[26:34] | you sought an audience | 为什么你一开始 |
[26:35] | with the Sheik to begin with. | 想要晋见酋长 |
[26:37] | We have questions regarding a plan | 我们想问他关于在纽约 |
[26:39] | to foment colony collapse disorder here in New York. | 制造蜂群崩坏症候群的阴谋一事 |
[26:43] | Are you actually suggesting that a member of our royal family | 你这是在说我们国家的一位皇室成员 |
[26:46] | is involved in a plot to kill American… | 参与了一场阴谋 要杀死美国的… |
[26:50] | bees? | 蜜蜂吗 |
[26:53] | And so this meeting has come to an ignoble end. | 这场会面到此结束了 |
[26:56] | Please, Mr. Al Shamsi, | 拜托 艾尔沙姆希先生 |
[26:58] | we are not accusing anyone. | 我们没有指控任何人 |
[26:59] | We just want to talk to the Sheik. | 我们只想跟酋长谈谈 |
[27:01] | If you will excuse me. | 恕在下告辞 |
[27:03] | I have a busy day at the mission. | 我在使团还有很多工作要做 |
[27:04] | I’ll… I’ll walk you out. | 我 我送你出去 |
[27:13] | Anyone ever tell you you’re not much of a statesman? | 有人告诉过你 你不适合做政治家吗 |
[27:15] | – Some statesmen have. – What was that in there? | -一些政治家跟我说过 -你刚才怎么回事 |
[27:18] | What makes you think that they’re already negotiating | 你凭什么认为他们已经开始谈判 |
[27:20] | to get the Sheik back? | 要救回酋长了呢 |
[27:21] | He didn’t bat an eyelid when I told him | 我告诉他一位皇家成员 |
[27:23] | a member of the royal family had been kidnapped. | 被绑架了 他表现得相当淡定 |
[27:25] | I don’t believe even the gifted diplomat | 就算是再厉害的外交官 |
[27:27] | could maintain that kind of equanimity | 遇到这种事也不能如此泰然自若 |
[27:29] | unless his office | 除非他的办公室 |
[27:30] | had already been contacted with demands. | 已经跟对方交涉过条件了 |
[27:31] | Makes sense, right? | 这么说有理 对吧 |
[27:33] | The kidnapper has already had the Sheik for 24 hours. | 绑匪已经绑走酋长24小时了 |
[27:36] | If the plan was to ransom him, why wait? | 如果他们计划要赎金 为什么要等呢 |
[27:38] | What I’d like to know is what the hell any of this has to do | 我想知道的是 这些事都跟埃弗雷特·凯克 |
[27:41] | with Everett Keck killing a bunch of bees. | 杀死一群蜜蜂有什么关系 |
[27:44] | So you thought that the Sheik was his partner, right? | 你认为酋长是他的搭档 对吧 |
[27:46] | It’s a distinct possibility. | 可能性很高 |
[27:47] | How his abduction relates to the colony collapse hoax– | 他的绑架跟蜂群崩坏的事有何种联系 |
[27:50] | whether it relates at all– is, at the moment, | 是否有所联系 这是目前 |
[27:52] | a Gordian knot of seemingly unrelated threads. | 看似不相关线索中的一个难题 |
[27:55] | Well, let’s put the bee thing aside for now | 先别管什么蜜蜂了 |
[27:57] | and find this Rashid guy. | 把拉希德找出来再说吧 |
[27:58] | If he’s got the Sheik, | 如果他抓了酋长 |
[27:59] | chances are he’s got some answers, too. | 那他也很可能知道这是怎么回事 |
[28:01] | We’ll see how the Detective is coming along. | 我们去看下警探进展如何 |
[28:03] | I need a minute. | 我稍后就到 |
[28:07] | Can you talk? | 能聊聊吗 |
[28:11] | I take it you’re done looking into Ann Vescey? | 看来你调查完安·瓦西了 |
[28:14] | I am. | 是的 |
[28:15] | And as it turns out, | 结果表明 |
[28:16] | you couldn’t ask for a better replacement. | 她是最佳人选 |
[28:17] | Great boss, loved and respected by all of her people. | 是很好的上司 受下属尊敬与爱戴 |
[28:20] | And as far as that property room scandal, | 至于那桩保管间的丑闻 |
[28:22] | the only discrepancy in the log that wasn’t accounted for | 登记簿里唯一有问题的地方 |
[28:25] | was the work of a female undercover, | 出自于一位女卧底 |
[28:27] | who has already taken forced retirement, so… | 已被强制退休了 所以… |
[28:30] | Congratulations, if you want to move on. | 恭喜你 如果你去寻求更好的发展 |
[28:32] | you’ll be leaving the 11th in good hands. | 接任你的人能够管理好第十一分局 |
[28:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:47] | You’re having second thoughts? | 你开始后悔了吗 |
[28:54] | You know, I know a thing or two | 在重大职业转换方面 |
[28:56] | about big career changes. | 我还是比较在行的 |
[28:59] | Maybe I can help. | 也许我能帮上忙 |
[29:02] | I love what we do. | 我热爱我们共同做的事情 |
[29:04] | You, me, Marcus, Holmes, | 你 我 马库斯 福尔摩斯 |
[29:06] | everyone– what we do for the city, | 每个人 为这个城市贡献力量 |
[29:09] | people that need our help. | 帮助有需要的人们 |
[29:11] | It’s not just some report that shows up on my desk. | 这不仅仅是每天出现在我办公桌上的报告 |
[29:14] | I see it. | 我亲眼所见 |
[29:17] | I’m a part of this. | 我参与其中 |
[29:22] | Whatever decision you make, | 不管你做什么决定 |
[29:24] | I have no doubt it’ll be the right one. | 我确信都是正确的选择 |
[29:31] | That’s right. We’ve been calling currency exchanges | 是的 我们在联系全城的外币兑换处 |
[29:33] | all over the city, looking for Mr. Musharakh. | 寻找穆沙拉克先生 |
[29:37] | Well, we don’t know the guy he kidnapped | 我们不知道他绑架的人 |
[29:39] | is traveling with UAE Dirhams, but he’s a Sheik. | 是不是带了阿联酋迪拉姆 但他是酋长 |
[29:41] | “Stands to reason” is how one of my colleagues put it. | “显而易见” 我的同事会这么说 |
[29:45] | Yeah, okay. Thanks. | 好吧 多谢啦 |
[29:48] | No luck on Staten Island? | 没有在史丹顿岛找到吗 |
[29:50] | Not a high destination for vacationing Emirs, apparently. | 显然酋长一般不会去那里度假 |
[29:53] | Not on vacation. | 不是在度假 |
[29:54] | Yeah, well, I’m starting to feel like a telemarketer here. | 我觉得我都快变成一个电话推销员了 |
[29:58] | I may have something. | 我也许发现了什么 |
[29:59] | Atlas Exchange in Parkchester. | 在帕克切斯特的阿特拉斯货币兑换所 |
[30:01] | A clerk there saw a man matching Rashid’s description | 昨晚收银员看到了一个符合拉希德描述的 |
[30:04] | come in with $20,000 Dirhams last night. | 男人带了两万迪拉姆进去 |
[30:09] | Well, the Detective and I will investigate posthaste. | 好吧 警探和我马上就去调查 |
[30:11] | Why do you get to go? | 为什么是你去 |
[30:12] | Because I stood up first. | 因为是我先站起来的 |
[30:14] | And as tiresome as calling these establishments may be, | 而且虽然照着名单拨电话很累人 |
[30:17] | one of us has to finish the list. | 但是我们总得有人把它做完 |
[30:18] | We can’t put all our eggs in one basket, can we? | 我们不能把所有鸡蛋都放在一个篮子里是吧 |
[30:25] | I’ve interviewed blind men who were better witnesses than that. | 我询问过的盲人都比他提供的信息有用 |
[30:27] | Three of them. No, four. | 有三个人 不 是四个 |
[30:29] | Can’t fault the owner for having a broken surveillance system. | 我们不能因为监控系统坏了就怪罪店家 |
[30:32] | Of course I could. | 当然可以 |
[30:33] | If it had been broken. | 如果它真的是被破坏了的话 |
[30:34] | Footage was black. | 录像都是黑屏 |
[30:37] | That man’s fleecing his customers. | 那个人在敲诈他的顾客 |
[30:38] | He wiped the tape himself when he heard we were en route. | 当他听说我们要来的时候就抹去了录像 |
[30:41] | Didn’t want to hand us a record of his crimes. | 不想让我们抓住他犯罪的把柄 |
[30:47] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[30:48] | Indulge me a moment, would you? | 稍微等我一会 好吗 |
[30:51] | Yeah, that, | 没错 这 |
[30:52] | that might have been the guy who was in here. | 这个人好像来过这里 |
[30:54] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[30:55] | Because the watch in this photograph, | 因为这张照片上的手表 |
[30:57] | the same one that you have on display here, | 和你摆在橱窗里的一模一样 |
[30:59] | could lift 100 of Nasser Al-Fayed’s countrymen | 其价值足以让纳赛尔·阿法伊德国家里的一百个人 |
[31:01] | out of poverty, | 摆脱贫饥 |
[31:03] | and he’s probably got a drawer full of them, | 而他可能有一抽屉这样的手表 |
[31:04] | so I doubt that he pawned this one here in the Bronx. | 但是我想他不会在布朗克斯典当这支手表 |
[31:07] | You sure you didn’t buy it off this guy? | 你确定你不是从这个人手里买下的手表吗 |
[31:10] | He was selling off the Sheik’s assets | 昨晚他在这街区附近 |
[31:11] | up and down this block last night. | 出售酋长的财物 |
[31:13] | – I can’t be sure. – Look, man, | -我不确定 -听着 老兄 |
[31:15] | we don’t care if you didn’t ask for proof of ownership. | 我们不关心你没有问所有权证明的事情 |
[31:20] | Yeah, this was the guy, right here. | 没错 就是他 |
[31:21] | Yeah, he brought in the watch. | 就是他把手表拿过来的 |
[31:23] | – How much he take for it? – Six. | -他要了多少钱 -六千 |
[31:24] | And a laptop in trade. | 还拿走了一台电脑 |
[31:28] | Now, I hope you’re not gonna tell us | 我希望你不会也告诉我们 |
[31:30] | your surveillance system’s broken. | 你的监控系统坏掉了 |
[31:31] | No. What, are you kidding? | 不 你在开玩笑吗 |
[31:32] | I’ve been robbed ten times in the last couple years. | 前几年我被抢了差不多十次 |
[31:34] | These cameras stop working, so do I. | 如果这些监控不工作了 我也要歇业了 |
[31:36] | You mind getting the tape from last night for us? | 你介意给我们看下昨晚的录像带吗 |
[31:38] | I think we can do better than a tape. | 我想除了录像 我们还有其他的方法 |
[31:41] | There’s anti-theft tracking software | 在所有的电子商品上都有 |
[31:42] | on all the electronic goods here. | 这个防盗追踪系统 |
[31:44] | Well, like I said, we’ve had robberies. | 没错 我说过了 这里被抢过好多次 |
[31:46] | Do you deactivate the software once a sale is made? | 在出售的时候你会关闭这个软件吗 |
[31:49] | …and Chamberlain will send it forward, | 张伯伦把球踢向前方 |
[31:51] | down the right side. | 进入右场 |
[31:52] | Alvarez there to collect. | 阿尔瓦雷兹接到球 |
[31:54] | But no, Muncie powers him off it, | 但是 不 曼西切断了他 |
[31:56] | and there’s no foul; Alvarez– | 那没有犯规 阿尔瓦雷兹 |
[31:59] | Hands up! Get on the ground, now! | 举起手来 趴在地上 快点 |
[32:02] | Give me your hands! | 把手给我 |
[32:04] | Clear! | 安全 |
[32:04] | There wasn’t any sign of the Sheik? | 没有酋长的踪影吗 |
[32:06] | Nope. | 没有 |
[32:07] | Still no answer at the UAE’s Mission. | 阿联酋使团那边还是没有回复 |
[32:09] | Nobody knows anything, | 没人知道任何消息 |
[32:11] | and Rashid’s got a bridge he wants to sell us. | 而拉希德说的话更离谱 |
[32:13] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:14] | Rashid… | 拉希德 |
[32:15] | tell these people what you told me. | 跟这些人重复下你刚才和我说的话 |
[32:17] | What? That’s I’m innocent? | 什么 我是无辜的吗 |
[32:19] | I told this man | 我告诉这个人 |
[32:20] | I did not take the Sheik. | 我没有绑架酋长 |
[32:22] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道 |
[32:23] | Well, we might as well get a full account of what you don’t know, | 好吧 我们要考虑下你不知道的事情 |
[32:25] | so let’s start at the beginning, shall we? | 我们就从头说起吧 |
[32:27] | Are you aware of a plot to spread | 你知道现在纽约正在扩散的 |
[32:29] | Colony Collapse Disorder in New York? | 蜂群崩坏症候群吗 |
[32:31] | Colony what? | 蜂群什么 |
[32:32] | Do the names Everett Keck | 你听说过埃弗雷特·凯克 |
[32:33] | and Calvin Barnes mean anything to you? | 和加尔文·巴尼斯吗 |
[32:35] | No. | 没有 |
[32:36] | All I know is simple: | 我只知道这些 |
[32:38] | two nights ago, I was assigned to the Emir’s door. | 两个晚上前 我被派到酋长的门口 |
[32:40] | He was inside, with a… | 他和一个 |
[32:43] | a prostitute. | 妓女在里面 |
[32:45] | His taste. | 符合他的品味 |
[32:46] | Blonde. Tall. | 金色头发 很高 |
[32:48] | A beauty mark above the lip. | 嘴唇上有个美人痣 |
[32:51] | I never left my post, | 我根本没有离开岗位 |
[32:53] | but in the morning, they were both gone. | 但是到了早上 他们都不见了 |
[32:55] | Vanished into thin air. | 凭空消失了 |
[32:56] | I only ran because I know it makes no sense. | 因为我知道这很不合常理所以我才逃跑的 |
[32:59] | The Sheik was my responsibility. | 保护酋长是我的职责 |
[33:01] | If you turn me over, | 如果你们把我遣送回国 |
[33:03] | I’ll be lucky to be buried with my head. | 身首能被埋在一起都算是走运的了 |
[33:05] | We can’t promise you anything. | 我们不能保证任何事 |
[33:07] | But the NYPD can petition the DA for lenience | 但是纽约警局可以向地检官求情 |
[33:10] | and refugee status for helpful witnesses. | 以证人身份为你申请到难民资格 |
[33:12] | Hold up. You’re buying this? | 等等 你相信他的话吗 |
[33:14] | I said earlier this case was a Gordian knot. | 我之前就说了这个案子是个难题 |
[33:16] | This man has just given us a sword with which to cut it. | 这个人刚刚为我们提供了解谜题的工具 |
[33:20] | When he says the Sheik and his courtesan vanished into thin air, | 他说酋长和他的妓女凭空消失了 |
[33:23] | I believe him. | 我相信他 |
[33:25] | I also think I know where they materialized. | 我想我也知道了他们是在哪里出现的 |
[33:34] | This is from BeeCircuit.Com. | 这是蜂流网上的 |
[33:35] | It’s a thread about the evolution of leafcutter bees. | 关于切叶蜂的进化的讨论 |
[33:38] | Why are you showing this to me? | 为什么要给我看这个 |
[33:41] | Page four, | 第四页 |
[33:43] | post 103. | 第103条帖子 |
[33:45] | You’ll see the moment that you decided to lure | 也就是你决定把纳赛尔·阿法伊德酋长 |
[33:46] | Sheik Nasser Al-Fayed to the United States. | 诱骗到美国来的那个时候 |
[33:49] | You proposed a meeting in person. | 你提议要面对面谈 |
[33:52] | This? This was just me being nice. | 就这个 我这是出于礼貌 |
[33:53] | So nice he invited you to tour his hives in Al Qasr. | 以至于他都邀请你去参观他在阿喀斯尔的蜂巢了 |
[33:57] | “I’ll fly you in. Ticket for one. | “我请你坐飞机来 但只限一人 |
[33:59] | You can’t bring your husband.” | 不能带你的丈夫来” |
[34:00] | I turned him down in the next post. | 我下一条就回绝了他 |
[34:02] | Probably because you knew it would be easier | 可能是因为你知道让他远离家乡 |
[34:03] | to abduct and ransom him here, away from his family compound. | 在这里把他绑架并索要赎金会容易一些 |
[34:07] | – What? – Three nights ago, he disappeared, | -什么 -三天前 他失踪了 |
[34:09] | shortly after his guards let a prostitute, | 当时他的保镖让一个和你很像的妓女 |
[34:11] | matching your description, into his hotel suite. | 进了他的房间 不久后他就失踪了 |
[34:14] | Please tell me you didn’t ask me to come here | 你们不会因为我在留言板上受到了 |
[34:16] | just because I got some unwanted attention on a message board. | 不好的关注就把我叫来这里了吧 |
[34:18] | You gave as good as you got. Privately, of course. | 你也做出了回应 当然是私下的 |
[34:21] | I’m friendly with the moderator of BeeCircuit.Com. | 我跟蜂流网的版主关系不错 |
[34:24] | You deleted your private messages, | 你删除了你的私人消息 |
[34:26] | but he was able to dredge these | 不过他从服务器上 |
[34:28] | off the server. | 又找回来了这些 |
[34:29] | There are hundreds of messages. | 有好几百条消息 |
[34:31] | A dozen invitations to New York. | 你邀请他来美国多达数十次 |
[34:32] | You even dyed your hair blonde | 你知道了他的喜好后 |
[34:34] | after you found out that’s what he likes. | 甚至把你的头发染成了金色 |
[34:36] | You were quite eager to show off your new look. | 你迫不及待地想让他看看你的新样子 |
[34:44] | No. | 不 |
[34:45] | I… | 我 |
[34:46] | actually hadn’t seen these. | 真的没见过这些 |
[34:48] | But I was aware of them. | 不过我知道 |
[34:51] | Tara told me about the… flirtation. | 塔拉跟我说过 调情的事 |
[34:55] | But that’s-that’s all in the past now. | 不过那都是过去的事了 |
[34:58] | Our relationship is great. | 我们现在的感情很好 |
[34:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[35:01] | Yeah. We just booked a second honeymoon in Vietnam. | 是的 我们刚刚预订了去越南第二次度蜜月 |
[35:03] | A non-extradition country. How heartwarming. | 一个没有引渡条例的国家 真让人感动 |
[35:06] | And all it took to bring you closer together | 而增进你们感情的代价 |
[35:07] | was a kidnapping and an attempted murder. | 就是绑架和蓄意谋杀 |
[35:10] | So Griffin is in on it with me? | 这么说格里芬是我的同伙了 |
[35:12] | – Someone had to work the winch. – What winch? | -有人得控制曲柄 -什么曲柄 |
[35:14] | The one that was attached to the balcony railing | 就是酋长房间上面 |
[35:16] | above the Sheik’s room. | 阳台栏杆上的那个 |
[35:18] | Someone had to work it to haul you both up, | 有人得用它把你们两个拉起来 |
[35:20] | away from Nasser’s guards. | 从而躲过纳赛尔的保镖 |
[35:22] | It wasn’t the third member of your cabal, Everett Keck. | 不是另一个同伙埃弗雷特·凯克所为 |
[35:24] | He’d been murdered the day before. | 之前一天 他就被谋杀了 |
[35:27] | The guy who killed all those bees? | 就是那个杀死蜜蜂的人吗 |
[35:28] | Oh, so we’re part of that thing now, too? | 这么说那件事也是我们干的了 |
[35:30] | Your online seduction was not sufficient. | 你在网上的引诱还不够 |
[35:32] | The Sheik was unwilling to leave his kingdom. | 酋长不想舍弃他的国家 |
[35:34] | So, knowing that his first passion was bees, | 所以 当你得知他的第一爱好是蜜蜂后 |
[35:37] | you set in motion an apiary apocalypse. | 你就开始谋划一场蜜蜂大屠杀 |
[35:39] | Everett Keck caused a spike in CCD so drastic | 埃弗雷特·凯克突然引起了蜂群崩坏症候群 |
[35:43] | that the Sheik had no choice but to come to your summit. | 以至于酋长别无选择 只能来参加峰会 |
[35:46] | Killing bees to lure an oddball Sheik. | 通过杀死蜜蜂来引诱这个古怪的酋长 |
[35:49] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[35:50] | I admit, it’s a plan almost too deranged | 我承认 这个计划太离谱了 |
[35:53] | to describe out loud, and yet… | 你都不好意思说出来 不过 |
[35:56] | it worked. | 真的有用 |
[35:58] | Eventually. | 最终成功了 |
[35:59] | Only real speed bump was Calvin Barnes. | 只是最大的麻烦是加尔文·巴尼斯 |
[36:01] | He was catching on to Keck, | 他一直跟着凯克 |
[36:03] | so while Keck alibied himself in Connecticut, | 所以当凯克去了康涅狄格州时 |
[36:05] | you ambushed Barnes in his home, | 你就突然出现在巴尼斯家 |
[36:07] | and shot him up with potassium chloride | 给他注射了氯化钾 |
[36:09] | to give him a heart attack. | 从而引起心脏病 |
[36:10] | I’ve never seen that man before. | 我以前从没见过这个人 |
[36:12] | And I didn’t do any of the things you say I did. | 而且你们说的事我一件都没做过 |
[36:14] | You should know we’ve got you and your husband on video, | 你要知道我们有录像 上面显示你和你丈夫 |
[36:18] | checking into the Sheik’s hotel the night he disappeared. | 在酋长失踪当晚 去了他的酒店 |
[36:20] | We know you were in the room right above him. | 我们知道你们就在他楼上的房间 |
[36:22] | And we found damage to the railing | 而且我们也找到了栏杆上 |
[36:24] | where the winch was attached. | 曲柄损坏的痕迹 |
[36:25] | You’ve gone back to your natural color. | 你把头发又染回了原来的颜色 |
[36:28] | Did you do that after the kidnapping | 是在绑架之后 |
[36:29] | to avoid being identified? | 怕被认出来吗 |
[36:34] | Has anyone tried calling him? | 你们给他打过电话吗 |
[36:36] | Has anyone tried calling who? | 给谁打电话 |
[36:37] | The Sheik. | 酋长 |
[36:40] | I mean, sure, | 是的 |
[36:41] | Griffin and I were at the same hotel. | 格里芬和我当时跟他在同一家酒店 |
[36:43] | That’s not a crime. | 但这不犯法 |
[36:44] | You’ve obviously done a lot of work here. | 很显然你们已经调查了很多 |
[36:46] | But has anyone actually talked to Nasser? | 可是你们跟纳赛尔谈过吗 |
[36:48] | Kidnapped men are difficult to get hold of. | 很难联系上被绑架过的人 |
[36:50] | Well, I think you should keep trying. | 我觉得你们应该多试试 |
[36:52] | In fact, I think you should try right now. | 事实上 我觉得你们现在就应该试一下 |
[36:54] | Maybe you could spare yourself any more embarrassment. | 或许这能让你们少丢些脸面 |
[36:59] | The United Arab Emirates | 阿拉伯联合酋长国 |
[37:01] | and their spokesman, Mr. Al Shamsi, | 以及他们的发言人 阿沙姆希先生 |
[37:03] | would like us to know that Sheik Nasser is resting | 告诉我们纳赛尔酋长正在他 |
[37:06] | on his plane home and is unavailable for questioning. | 回家的飞机上休息 不能接受问话 |
[37:10] | They paid the ransom. | 他们付了赎金 |
[37:11] | But they’re claiming he was never taken. | 不过他们声称他没被绑架过 |
[37:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:14] | Because if word gets out they negotiate with kidnappers, | 因为如果他们跟绑匪谈判的事被传了出去 |
[37:17] | it’ll be open season on their people. | 他们的人就都会成为绑匪的目标 |
[37:19] | Cheaper in the long run | 从长远来看 |
[37:20] | to pretend none of this ever happened. | 假装这事没发生过对他们来说比较省钱 |
[37:22] | Not to mention less embarrassing. | 更不用说还能少丢些人 |
[37:24] | They also said this was the last time they’d take any of my calls. | 他们也说了这是最后一次接我电话 |
[37:28] | Perhaps it’s time to involve DHS. | 或许是时候去找国土安全部了 |
[37:30] | See if we can get a warrant to seek out any large transfers | 看看我们能不能弄到一张搜查令 以便查查 |
[37:33] | emanating from Al Qasr. | 从阿喀斯尔转出的大额汇款 |
[37:35] | We may be able to tell whether the Parkers secured their bounty | 我们或许可以得知帕克夫妇是否通过 |
[37:38] | – in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. – Why? | -瑞士或开曼群岛的账户收到了赎金 -为什么 |
[37:40] | – Justice? – I’m familiar with the concept, | -为了正义 -道理我懂 |
[37:42] | but it’s gonna be difficult to prosecute a crime | 不过连受害者都不承认发生过犯罪 |
[37:45] | where the victim is gonna swear it didn’t take place. | 恐怕很难起诉这些罪犯 |
[37:47] | They didn’t just kidnap the Sheik. | 他们不光绑架了酋长 |
[37:49] | There’s Calvin Barnes, the bees… | 还杀了加尔文·巴尼斯 那些蜜蜂 |
[37:51] | Then get me some proof of any of it. | 那就拿出证据来 |
[37:54] | ‘Cause as it stands now, I got to cut the Parkers loose. | 因为根据目前的情况 我得放了帕克夫妇 |
[37:57] | If you do, they’ll be on the next flight to Haiphong. | 如果你放了 他们会立马坐飞机去海防[越南城市] |
[37:59] | Then you better hurry. | 那你最好快点了 |
[38:01] | ‘Cause I got no choice. | 因为这由不得我 |
[38:09] | Okay, those are not evidence. | 那些可不是证据 |
[38:10] | Aren’t they? | 不是吗 |
[38:11] | Of low self-esteem? Definitely. Of a crime…? | 证明缺乏自尊 没问题 但要证明罪案… |
[38:14] | What did the lab have to say about the stray hairs found | 在加尔文·巴尼斯家找到的头发 |
[38:16] | at Calvin Barnes’s home? | 实验室有什么发现吗 |
[38:18] | Most of them belonged to his wife, a few to the dog, | 大部分是他太太的 有几根是狗身上的 |
[38:20] | and there was one that was not a match for anyone. | 但有一根没确定是谁的 |
[38:23] | It was dyed blonde. Just like Tara Parker’s hair. | 被染成了金色 就像塔拉·帕克的头发 |
[38:25] | She was there the night he was attacked. | 他被袭击那晚她也在场 |
[38:28] | I would say we should get a DNA sample to confirm, | 我觉得我们应该拿DNA样本确认一下 |
[38:30] | but what would be the point? | 不过何必多此一举呢 |
[38:31] | When there’s no proof that a crime was committed, | 在没有证据表明发生了罪案的时候 |
[38:33] | and as far as the world is concerned, | 全世界都认为 |
[38:35] | Calvin Barnes just had a heart attack. | 加尔文·巴尼斯只是心脏病发了而已 |
[38:37] | And as far as Sheik Nasser is concerned, he was never kidnapped. | 至于纳赛尔酋长 他认为自己从未被绑架过 |
[38:40] | The Parkers have a knack for committing crimes | 帕克夫妇很善于把罪案伪装成 |
[38:43] | that cannot be identified as such. | 发生了意外的样子 |
[38:45] | Probably why they’re gonna spend the rest of their days | 也许正因为如此他们才得以在 |
[38:47] | sipping drinks on a Vietnamese beach. | 越南海滩上喝着饮料度过接下来的数日 |
[38:50] | – They’re not good– they’re lucky. – I don’t disagree. | -他们不是有本事 只是走运 -我不否认 |
[38:53] | Otherwise Everett Keck would still be alive, | 否则埃弗雷特·凯克也不会死 |
[38:54] | and they’d have to split their money three ways. | 他们就得把钱分成三份 |
[38:57] | As it is, they get to keep the whole pot. | 现在 他们可以全部占为己有 |
[39:01] | You’re not seriously gonna leave those up all night. | 你不会真准备把照片放在那一整晚吧 |
[39:11] | Everett Keck. | 埃弗雷特·凯克 |
[39:13] | The day he died, he was wearing a T-shirt that said, | 他死的那天 穿的T恤上印有 |
[39:15] | “Buddhists do it to attain Inner Peace.” | “佛教徒用此来获得内心宁静” |
[39:18] | So? | 所以呢 |
[39:18] | His autopsy report also revealed he’d taken Viagra the night before. | 他的尸检报告显示他死前一晚服用过伟哥 |
[39:22] | Okay, I’ll bite. | 好吧 我就问了 |
[39:23] | What does Buddhism have to do with erectile dysfunction? | 佛教跟勃起功能障碍有什么关系 |
[39:25] | If I’m right, Watson, everything we want it to. | 如果我想得没错 华生 它们的关系大了 |
[39:30] | Mrs. Parker, do you understand your rights | 帕克夫人 他们跟你说明了你的权利 |
[39:32] | as they’ve been read to you? | 你都明白了吗 |
[39:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:35] | What I understand is that you’re desperate. | 我明白你们现在很绝望 |
[39:37] | Griff and I leave for our trip tonight. | 格里夫和我今晚就出发去旅行了 |
[39:38] | You want to try to delay us. | 你们就是想拖延我们 |
[39:40] | It’s funny you should mention Griff. | 真有意思你提起了格里夫 |
[39:41] | He’s the reason we’re here. | 他正是我们前来的原因 |
[39:42] | He gave you up this morning. | 今早他把你供出来了 |
[39:44] | Sure, he did. | 那是当然 |
[39:45] | You don’t believe us? | 你不相信我们吗 |
[39:47] | I know how this works. | 我知道你们的小伎俩 |
[39:48] | Right now, some other cop is arresting him, | 此时此刻 有其他警察在逮捕他 |
[39:50] | saying I gave him up. | 还说我把他供出来了 |
[39:52] | You want us to turn against each other, but we won’t. | 你们想要离间我俩 但我们不会的 |
[39:54] | We didn’t do anything. | 我们什么都没做 |
[39:55] | But you did, as a matter of fact. | 但事实上 你们有 |
[39:56] | You both got Master’s Degrees. | 你们都拿到了硕士学位 |
[39:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[40:00] | Well, you both have your degrees in Agriculture. | 你俩都拿到了农业学位 |
[40:03] | But this scarlet academic hood that you’re wearing | 但你穿的这件红色学术袍 |
[40:06] | denotes a degree in Theology. | 代表的是神学学位 |
[40:09] | It belongs to your lover, Everett Keck. | 它属于你的情人 埃弗雷特·凯克 |
[40:11] | Like many a Theology major, | 跟很多学神学的人一样 |
[40:13] | Keck ultimately had to find work in another field. | 凯克最终也不得不在其他领域找工作 |
[40:16] | So he put his minor in Entomology to good use, | 于是他利用了他辅修的昆虫学 |
[40:18] | joining the USDA. | 加入了农业部 |
[40:19] | Your husband knew you were sending | 你丈夫知道你给纳赛尔酋长 |
[40:21] | racy pictures to Sheik Nasser. | 发艳照 |
[40:22] | He was okay with that. | 他并不介意 |
[40:23] | What he wasn’t okay with | 但他看不顺眼的是 |
[40:25] | was you taking this one at Keck’s house, | 你是在凯克家拍的这张 |
[40:27] | wearing Keck’s robe. | 还穿着他的学术袍 |
[40:29] | Until this morning, he’d never taken a good look at this. | 在今天早上以前 他从没仔细看过这照片 |
[40:32] | But when we were able to procure this very robe | 但当我们给他看从凯克家里找出的这件衣服 |
[40:35] | from Keck’s residence, along with dyed blonde hairs | 以及从他浴室和床上找到的 |
[40:37] | from his shower and bed, | 染成金色的头发 |
[40:39] | Griff became quite talkative. | 格里夫就不再沉默了 |
[40:41] | You got away with kidnapping the Sheik. | 绑架酋长最后被你逃脱了 |
[40:43] | You won’t get away with what you did to Calvin Barnes. | 但你对加尔文·巴尼斯的所为 你逃不掉的 |
[40:45] | Or millions of bees. | 或是对蜜蜂的所为 |
[40:51] | I don’t understand. | 这我就不懂了 |
[40:54] | You’re giving this back? | 你要把这个还给我 |
[40:55] | I can’t take the promotion, Pat. | 我不能接受升职 派特 |
[40:57] | I’m grateful– to you, | 我非常感激你 |
[40:58] | to the Commissioner– it’s just not right for me. | 还有局长 但这不适合我 |
[41:03] | Not right now. | 现在还不行 |
[41:04] | Tommy, offers like this don’t come around every day. | 汤米 这样的机会不是每天都有的 |
[41:07] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[41:08] | And I get that one may not come my way again. | 我也知道也许我再也遇不到这样的机会了 |
[41:10] | But the truth is, | 但事实是 |
[41:12] | the 11th is where I want to be. | 我就想待在第十一分局 |
[41:17] | Youngest detective in the history of the 14th Squad. | 十四队历史上最年轻的警探 |
[41:20] | Head of Major Case at 40. | 四十岁就成了重案组的头儿 |
[41:22] | Lacks ambition? | 缺乏野心吗 |
[41:24] | Am I missing something? | 我还漏掉什么了吗 |
[41:26] | My ambition’s being met. | 我的野心已经实现了 |
[41:28] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[41:33] | I guess you’re right. | 看来你是对的 |
[41:36] | I should take this back. | 我该把这个拿回去 |
[41:43] | Moves like this, Tommy– people coming, people going– | 这样的决定 汤米 人事调动 |
[41:47] | they get made two ways: | 通常有两种可能的目的 |
[41:49] | Sometimes it’s the carrot, sometimes it’s the stick. | 有时它是奖励 有时它是惩罚 |
[41:52] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[41:55] | It means I’ve been around a long time. | 我是说我在这待了很久 |
[41:57] | I think I know a lifeboat when I see one. | 看到救生船时我一眼就知道 |
[41:59] | Are you saying somebody wants me off this desk? | 你是说有人想要我离开 |
[42:02] | I just know that this came from on high. | 我只知道这是上头做出的决定 |
[42:05] | It was something that was supposed to happen. | 本来是由不得你拒绝的 |
[42:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:12] | Maybe there are problems in the 11th you don’t know about. | 也许十一分局有些你不知道的问题 |
[42:16] | Maybe Ann Vescey has more friends than you do. | 也许安·瓦西比你更有人脉 |
[42:21] | Or maybe I’m just wrong. | 也可能是我错了 |
[42:23] | It has been known to happen. | 这事没法避免 |
[42:31] | Be happy here, Tommy. | 好好享受吧 汤米 |
[42:33] | Just… don’t be comfortable. | 但是 别掉以轻心 |