英文名称:endgame
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | 终局 | |
[00:14] | 1985年 南非 | |
[02:22] | This is an illegal gathering. | 严禁非法集会 |
[02:25] | You must disperse immediately. | 相关人员马上解散 |
[03:15] | Stay down. | 藏低一点 |
[03:25] | Pass. | 通过 |
[03:31] | You’re in Soweto. | 你是索韦托的 |
[03:33] | Why? | 来干什么 |
[03:35] | My sister lives in District Three. | 我姐家在三区 |
[03:40] | What’s in the back? | 后箱里装了什么 |
[03:42] | Furniture. | 家具 |
[04:17] | Wait. | 等等 |
[04:25] | Okay, it’s fine. | 好了 没事了 |
[05:07] | He was out collecting wood with his father and his sister. | 当时这孩子和他爸爸 姐姐正在外面捡柴火 |
[05:18] | The police came out of nowhere and | 不知道从哪冒出来的警察 |
[05:19] | Grabbed us and took us to the bridge. | 把我们抓起来 带到桥那里去了 |
[05:27] | They took my dad and tied him in a canvas bag… | 他们带走了爸爸 把他装进一个帆布包里… |
[05:29] | And dropped him into the river. | 然后把他丢到河里 |
[05:34] | They made us watch him drown. | 让我们看着他被淹死 |
[05:42] | They told us to go home and tell the others | 他们让我们回家告诉其他人 |
[05:45] | The price for being ANC. | 这就是支持非洲民族议会的下场 |
[05:49] | We have a word… | 我们有一个词… |
[05:51] | ‘Ubuntu’. | 人道待人 |
[05:53] | It means a person’s humanity… | 意思是一个人的人性 |
[05:55] | Is measured according to their relationship with others. | 是由他们对待别人的方式来衡量的 |
[05:59] | We tell the children that these people, who commit these crimes… | 我们告诉孩子们 犯下罪行的这些人 |
[06:05] | Have lost their humanity… | 已经失去了人性… |
[06:07] | And are as much victims of Apartheid as we are. | 和我们一样 也是种族隔离的受害者 |
[06:16] | Who the hell is he? | 这王八蛋是谁 |
[06:18] | He’s a friend I can vouch for him. | 他是咱们的朋友 我担保 |
[06:21] | He’s here to help. He’s from Consolidated Goldfields. | 他是来帮忙的 他是联合矿业公司的人 |
[06:23] | To talk about fund raising for our schools programme. | 来谈谈办学筹资的问题 |
[06:26] | We didn’t ask for his hand-outs. | 我们不要他来帮忙 |
[06:27] | – Leave him be! Let him be! – Michael Young. | -放过他 -迈克尔・杨 |
[06:40] | Sir? | 先生 |
[06:43] | Go, go, go! | 快滚 |
[06:51] | – It’s Michael Young. – What progress? | -我是迈克尔・杨 -有什么进展吗 |
[06:57] | This isn’t going to work for us. We need to aim higher. | 这条路不通 目标要更高一点 |
[07:02] | Safer to stay in the foothills. | 留在山脚下才更安全 |
[07:04] | The more visible, the more vulnerable we are. | 山顶太空旷 容易遭暗算 |
[07:16] | Yes, it’s much safer. Yes. | 对 是挺安全 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1332个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:304个,六级词汇:179个,GRE词汇:204个,托福词汇:237个,考研词汇:339个,专四词汇:291个,专八词汇:74个, 所有生词标注共:569个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[07:23] | 18个月后 伦敦康诺特大楼 | |
[07:46] | A bit of hush. | 请肃静 |
[07:49] | It is my pleasure to present | 我非常荣幸地介绍一下 |
[07:51] | Thabo Mbeki. The African National Congress’ Head of Information… | 非洲国民大会信息部长 塔博・姆贝基先生 |
[07:55] | Who is here representing the ANC president, | 姆贝基先生代表非洲民族议会主席 |
[07:57] | Oliver Tambo. | 奥利佛・坦布前来出席宴会 |
[07:59] | I know that you’ll make Mr Mbeki feel most welcome. | 大家欢迎一下姆贝基先生吧 |
[08:13] | My name is Thabo Mbeki… | 我叫塔博・姆贝基… |
[08:16] | And I am a terrorist. | 我是个恐怖分子 |
[08:21] | No doubt, that is what you have been told. | 他们肯定是跟你们这么说的吧 |
[08:26] | No incendiary devices. | 没有引爆装置 |
[08:29] | No concealed weapons. | 没有夹带武器 |
[08:33] | I am just a man, as you are. | 我只是一个人 跟你们一样 |
[08:37] | Every day the President of South Africa… | 南非的总统每日… |
[08:42] | Under the mantle of his State of Emergency… | 披着拯救民族危难的外衣 |
[08:44] | Deploys thousands more of his troops in the townships… | 部署数千军队到镇区里… |
[08:47] | Brutally crushing the rising resistance to his oppressive regime. | 残忍地镇压反对他暴政的抗争势力 |
[08:52] | Yet, the UK, is still one of South Africa’s leading trading partners. | 然而 英国还是南非的主要贸易伙伴 |
[08:57] | Every company… | 每所公司 |
[08:59] | Every financial institution which continues to invest there… | 每个金融机构还在继续投资 |
[09:03] | Is a source of political and economic strength to P.W. Botha. | 为博塔(当时南非总统)政权提供金钱援助 |
[09:09] | If it is true that money talks, | 如果金钱真是万能的 |
[09:11] | Then let it speak, clearly. | 那就让它用在点子上吧 |
[09:14] | Let your voice join ours | 我们呼吁民族流血事件结束的时候 |
[09:18] | When we say the bloodshed of our people must end. | 请加入我们 |
[09:20] | The time to shout ‘enough’ has come. | 大喊”停下”的时机已经到来 |
[09:24] | The time for you to act is here. | 是该诸位行动的时候了 |
[09:49] | Mr Mbeki? | 姆贝基先生 |
[09:52] | Michael Young. | 迈克尔・杨 |
[09:52] | Public Affairs Director, Consolidated Goldfields. | 我是联合矿业公司的公关事务主管 |
[09:57] | Tell me how we can help. | 我们怎么才能帮助你们 |
[10:01] | It’s not an offer to make lightly, Mr Young. | 这决定可不能太草率 杨先生 |
[10:04] | We might take you up on it. | 会把你牵扯进来的 |
[10:06] | It wasn’t made lightly. | 不是草率的决定 |
[10:08] | As you say, | 如你所说 |
[10:09] | We too have an incentive to ensure your country’s survival. | 我们也有理由保护你国家的安全 |
[10:18] | We have this recurring nightmare, Mr Young… | 我们有一个不断重复的梦魇 杨先生 |
[10:21] | That one day | 那就是有一天 |
[10:22] | The South African Government will send us a message… | 南非政府会给我们一条讯息 |
[10:24] | Indicating that it is ready | 表示他们已经准备好和我们 |
[10:25] | To talk to us about ending apartheid. | 谈论结束种族隔离的问题 |
[10:27] | Because of our antagonism and mistrust, | 但是由于我们的敌对和不信任 |
[10:30] | We fail to hear the message. | 我们没有接受到这条讯息 |
[10:32] | We fail to respond. | 未能做出回应 |
[10:35] | We miss the moment. | 失去了良机 |
[10:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:49] | An apparatchik working for | 会不会是潜伏在 |
[10:50] | A reactionary outfit like Goldfields? | 反对种族隔离的联合矿业的政府人员 |
[10:52] | Is that what it’s come to? | 所以才会找上门来 |
[10:53] | The fact that he works for Goldfields means | 他为联合矿业工作 |
[10:55] | He’ll be listened to. | 意味着他会言听计从 |
[10:58] | You know a better entry card? | 你能想到更好的通行证吗 |
[11:00] | And if the Public Affairs thing is just a front? | 是不是公关事物只是一个幌子 |
[11:02] | I doubt he’s MI6. | 我猜他是英国秘密情报局的 |
[11:09] | I need a word. | 我需要谈谈 |
[11:17] | He’s expecting you. | 他在等你 |
[11:22] | Come in. | 请进 |
[11:27] | I think I have a way forward on our problem. | 事情有了进展 |
[11:30] | I’m listening. | 你说吧 |
[11:36] | 南非 开普敦 | |
[11:55] | Mr Vijoan? | 维江先生 |
[11:57] | It’s Michael Young. | 我是迈克尔 杨 |
[11:58] | I called last week about the meetings… | 就是上周打电话说会谈的那个 |
[12:00] | I’m trying to set up between the ANC and leading Afrikaners. | 我想在非洲民族议会和政府间建立桥梁 |
[12:04] | The risk is too great, Mr Young. | 危险太大了 杨先生 |
[12:06] | I have a young family to think of. | 我还要为我的孩子考虑 |
[12:08] | Please don’t call me again. | 请别打电话我了 |
[12:17] | They’re just exploratory meetings… | 那只是试探性会谈 |
[12:19] | And someone representing the Dutch Reform Church… | 代表荷兰改革教堂的那个人 |
[12:22] | Who better to act as a mediator between the two sides. | 最好能作为双方的调停者 |
[12:26] | It’s not the policy of our church to | 把自己牵涉到政治里去 |
[12:28] | Involve ourselves in politics. | 这不是我们教堂的政策 |
[12:30] | I can’t help you. I am sorry. | 我不能帮助你 很抱歉 |
[13:21] | There are those on both sides who favour force over dialogue. | 双方都有一部分人想以武力代替和谈 |
[13:25] | To maintain secrecy, | 为了保密起见 |
[13:27] | It’s best if we hold the talks in the U.K. | 我们最好能在英国举行和谈 |
[13:29] | In South Africa, secrets are a way of life. | 在南非 保密是生活的方式 |
[13:32] | They also have a habit of exploding in your face. | 他们习惯了当面扔炸弹 |
[13:35] | I can’t be bothered. I’m sorry. | 我没空理这个 对不起 |
[13:55] | – Can I use your toilet? – Yeah, it’s around the back. | -能借用下厕所吗 -可以 在后面 |
[14:53] | 斯坦伦堡 威尔康姆 | |
[15:12] | Love has a habit of pushing us into the arms of philosophy. | 爱心总喜欢把我们推向哲学的世界 |
[15:16] | An earthquake claims a thousand lives. | 夺取千条人命的地震 |
[15:19] | Families bludgeoned to death by intruders. | 遭受侵略者生命威胁的家庭 |
[15:22] | The death of a much loved child. | 爱子的死亡 |
[15:24] | Such events prompt us to ask | 这些事件不禁让我们询问 |
[15:26] | How a benign Deity can allow… | 仁慈的神怎能允许 |
[15:29] | Such tragedies to happen. | 这种悲剧发生 |
[15:37] | The task of Philosophy is | 哲学的任务 |
[15:38] | To rise above the futility and chaos of daily life… | 是要让我们跳出日常生活的无为与混乱… |
[15:43] | To seek a deeper truth to our existence. | 寻求存在的真谛 |
[15:48] | I’ll finish with the words of Pascal. | 我以帕斯卡的一句话来结束今天的课程 |
[15:53] | ‘If man’s dignity lies in thought… | ‘如果人的尊严根深于思想之中… |
[15:57] | Then let us all strive to think well.’ | 那么就让我们努力思考吧’ |
[16:03] | Good day. | 再会 |
[16:07] | Be warned! | 注意了 |
[16:08] | Those who have not yet handed in their assignment on Freedom and the State… | 还没交’自由与国家’课题作业的同学 |
[16:11] | Will find their own freedom curtailed. | 他们的自由会被削减 |
[16:16] | Mr Gruber, make my day. | 古博先生 行行好 |
[16:19] | Treat yourself to a new typewriter ribbon. | 换个新的打字机墨带吧 |
[16:33] | Mr Young, I assume? | 应该是杨先生吧 |
[16:43] | An audacious mission you’ve undertaken. | 你接受了一个大胆的任务 |
[16:48] | A mission impossible, might be more apt. | 一个不可能的任务 或许更能形容 |
[16:50] | What you are asking is impossible. | 你请求的事情不可能 |
[16:52] | No sane man would put his livelihood, | 一个理智的人不会冒着丢饭碗的危险 |
[16:55] | Not to mention his life… | 更不用说生命啦 |
[16:57] | On the line to break bread with the devil. | 选择与恶魔共餐 |
[17:00] | In this country, those who go public against Apartheid… | 在这个国家 公然反对种族隔离的人 |
[17:03] | Acquire the status of a pariah. | 会被当做社会弃民一样对待 |
[17:05] | Yet, you still agreed to meet with me? | 尽管如此 你不是还是见我了吗 |
[17:09] | You say Consolidated Goldfields have agreed to fund these meetings? | 你说联合矿业公司同意为会谈筹资 |
[17:16] | Your founder would turn in his grave. | 你的公司就是自掘坟墓 |
[17:20] | Rhodes knew that market forces can succeed | 罗德斯认为政客失意的时候 |
[17:22] | Where politicians fail. | 市场经济将会加强 |
[17:24] | You are being disingenuous. | 你太虚伪了 |
[17:26] | This is about your company protecting it’s investments here, is it not? | 就是你的公司想保护它的投资 对吧 |
[17:30] | They know apartheid is an anathema morally and economically. | 他们知道种族隔离为道德和经济带来厄运 |
[17:34] | They’ve colluded with it long enough. | 他们已经谋划已久了 |
[17:43] | It’s an open secret that | 我们国家正在进行一场无声的政变 |
[17:48] | A silent coup has taken place in our country. | 已经是公开的秘密了 |
[17:50] | Botha no longer consults Parliament or the cabinet… | 博塔已经不再与议会和内阁协谈了… |
[17:55] | But rules in the manner of a medieval monarch. | 而是以中世纪帝王的姿态统领全国 |
[17:59] | Only his inner sanctum of security advisors have his ear. | 他只听安全顾问的话 |
[18:04] | It’s they who wield the power, and they are not interested… | 只要他们手中掌握着权力 |
[18:08] | In a political solution. | 对政治上的解决方案不会感兴趣的 |
[18:22] | Like most Afrikaners, I find… | 跟大多非洲白人一样 我觉得 |
[18:25] | The murderous methodology of the ANC | 非洲民族议会凶残的处世之道 |
[18:27] | Morally repugnant… | 从道德上来讲令人厌恶 |
[18:29] | And the idea of cosying up to them is abhorrent… | 去笼络他们的想法令人憎恶 |
[18:33] | Even the thought makes me retch. | 就连想想都令我作呕 |
[18:49] | I’m sorry that you had a wasted journey. | 我很抱歉 让你白跑一趟 |
[18:54] | I am not the man for your mission. | 我不是你们要找的那个人 |
[19:15] | Get on the move. | 开始行动 |
[19:48] | 南非波尔斯摩监狱 | |
[20:23] | If you are not otherwise engaged, Mr Mandela… | 如果你不忙的话 曼德拉先生… |
[20:25] | The Minister of Justice invites you to join him for tea. | 司法部长邀请你与他一同饮茶 |
[20:29] | I’m told it’s cucumber sandwiches this time. | 我听说这次有黄瓜三明治 |
[20:37] | It seems you have another visitor, too. | 似乎你还有一位来访者 |
[20:39] | The Head of National Intelligence, no less. | 是国家情报局局长 |
[20:43] | Doctor Barnard is here? | 巴纳德博士来了吗 |
[20:48] | A moment if you please, Mr Brand. | 请稍等一下 布兰德先生 |
[21:50] | Copy, control. | 收到 正常 |
[21:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:00] | Control. Confirm subject’s arrival. | 正常 确认目标到达 |
[22:12] | Mr Coatsee. Good to see you again. | 考特斯先生 很高兴再次见到你 |
[22:15] | Good to see you too, Mr Mandela. | 很高兴见到你 曼德拉先生 |
[22:19] | Doctor Neil Barnard is here, | 这位是国家情报局局长 |
[22:21] | Head of National Intelligence. | 尼尔・巴纳德博士 |
[22:22] | He’s asked to sit in on our discussions. | 他被邀请出席我们的谈话 |
[22:25] | Mr Nelson Mandela. Doctor Neil Barnard. | 纳尔逊・曼德拉先生 尼尔・巴纳德博士 |
[22:29] | I’ve waited a long time for this opportunity, Doctor. | 我为此机会等待已久 博士 |
[22:34] | Likewise, sir. | 我也一样 先生 |
[23:17] | …Used tear gas to disperse the crowd… | …已经用催泪瓦斯驱散人群… |
[23:19] | In what a security forces spokesperson described as… | 安全保卫队发言人称此为… |
[23:21] | ‘Necessary measures to contain the violence’. | ‘控制暴动的必要措施’ |
[23:24] | And, there were further arrests | 正当尤金・泰尔・布兰奇领导的 |
[23:26] | When Eugene Terre’Blanche’s | 欧洲血统南非人抵抗运动党 |
[23:28] | AWB party… | 征兵游行的时候 |
[23:29] | Held a recruitment rally, four people were detained. | 很多人被捕 4人被扣留 |
[23:31] | If they want to take this country by force and violence… | 如果他们想以压迫和暴力夺得这个国家 |
[23:36] | They’ll meet us over the barrel of a gun. | 那么就与我们刀枪相见吧 |
[23:40] | A! W! B! | 抵抗到底 |
[24:11] | Michael Young. | 迈克尔・杨 |
[24:13] | I cannot stand by and do nothing while my country is reduced to ashes. | 我不能看着我的国家沦亡还坐视不理 |
[24:18] | I’ll come to your meeting. | 我会出席你的会谈 |
[24:21] | Let me know where and when. | 告诉我时间地点 |
[24:43] | Doctor Barnard, Mr President. | 巴纳德博士来了 总统先生 |
[24:47] | Did he take the bait? | 他上勾了吗 |
[24:49] | And deny his moment of destiny? | 而且他拒绝了命运 |
[24:53] | – He took it alright. – Vanity… Vanity. | -他接受了 -虚荣 虚荣 |
[25:00] | 赞比亚 卢萨卡 非洲民族会议中心 | |
[25:20] | Tambo’s waiting to see you. | 塔博在等着见你 |
[25:24] | Oliver, maybe these talks are the opportunity we’ve been waiting for. | 奥利佛 或许我们期待已久的时机到了 |
[25:27] | Yes, but not everyone is going to like it. | 是的 但是不是每个人都会喜欢的 |
[25:30] | Many will see this as a betrayal. | 很多人会把这看做反叛 |
[25:32] | So, we need to keep this between us, | 所以我们必须保守秘密 |
[25:34] | And report back only to me. | 你只能对我传达报告 |
[25:36] | Be careful, Thabo. | 小心点 塔博 |
[25:59] | We’re in. | 我们进去了 |
[26:00] | Some housekeeping notes. | 看到了客房的便条 |
[26:03] | No telephone communication with the ANC either… | 在卢萨卡或是伦敦 |
[26:05] | In Lusaka or here in London. | 都没有和非洲民族议会通话记录 |
[26:08] | South African Intelligence have our phones tapped. | 南非情报局已经录控我们的电话了 |
[26:11] | Yours too, by now. | 从现在开始 你的也是 |
[26:12] | Don’t think because you’re back in London you’re not vulnerable. | 别以为你回了伦敦就安全了 |
[26:16] | Car and letter bombs are the weapons of | 安全局很可能在车里发炸弹 |
[26:18] | Choice of the security agents. | 或是直接把炸弹邮寄给你 |
[26:20] | Welcome to our world. | 欢迎进入我们的世界 |
[26:29] | The board get wind | 董事会听到风声 |
[26:30] | We’re jumping into bed… | 知道公司和一群 |
[26:31] | With a bunch of Kalashnikov | 手拿卡拉什尼科夫冲锋枪的恐怖分子 |
[26:33] | Carrying terrorists… | 搅和在一起 |
[26:35] | We’ll both be out on our ears. You realise that? | 我们已经被踢出来了 你知道吗 |
[26:38] | They can’t ignore reality. | 他们不能忽略现实 |
[26:40] | Every day Botha gets more isolated, | 博塔一天天专政下去 |
[26:42] | The country more ungovernable. | 国家一天天沦亡 |
[26:43] | Something doesn’t give, | 到那时没有什么利益可图 |
[26:45] | And soon the company will go down with it. | 公司也会和它一起垮掉 |
[26:49] | You see your role in this as what? | 你以为你在此次事件中扮演什么角色 |
[26:51] | To create a neutral arena and step aside. | 创造一个和解的舞台的局外人 |
[26:54] | Hope that they can see each other as men, rather than as enemies. | 希望他们能把对方看做同类 而非敌人 |
[26:58] | A risky strategy. | 真是冒险的策略 |
[27:00] | Others are risking more than that. | 其他人的处境更危险 |
[27:03] | Heroics don’t cut much ice with shareholders. | 投资者不会听你的豪言壮语的 |
[27:12] | A ‘need to know’ basis. Only. | 只有一个’必须知道’的原则 |
[27:15] | Trust no-one. | 不要相信任何人 |
[27:16] | Confide in no-one. | 不要信任任何人 |
[27:18] | I’ll bury the costs under Research and Development, | 我会把花销算在研究和开发上 |
[27:21] | Or some such. | 或者类似的事情上 |
[27:25] | Arrangements for my personal affairs should anything happen to me. | 如果我发生不测 请帮我处理这些私事 |
[27:29] | – You think that’s likely? – A precaution. | -你觉得会有可能吗 -只是以防万一 |
[27:36] | Michael? | 迈克尔 |
[27:38] | If this ever gets out… | 如果东窗事发… |
[27:40] | I shall have to deny all knowledge of it and, | 我会否认整个计划 |
[27:42] | Disown you. | 并且否认你是我的人 |
[27:45] | And, i’ll be nothing, if not convincing. | 如果我不能令人信服 那我就什么都没了 |
[28:15] | Passport? Ticket? | 护照 车票都带了吗 |
[28:18] | Taxi. | 打车吧 |
[28:36] | Professor. | 教授 |
[28:42] | In the nick of time. | 正是时候 |
[28:49] | May I come in? | 能进去吗 |
[29:07] | In public, Botha’s still holding the party line… | 对于公众来说 博塔还在掌权 |
[29:10] | That you must defeat terrorists before you can negotiate with them. | 和谈之前 你必须要求他们停止恐怖活动 |
[29:14] | Privately, he wants you to continue the dialogue for as long as possible. | 私底下 你要尽可能拖住和谈的进度 |
[29:18] | The more we know about | 倘若我们能了解到更多的 |
[29:20] | The ANC’s fault lines in their power structure… | 非洲民族议会权利架构的断层 |
[29:23] | The better we are equipped to control the end game. | 我们就能更好的准备 控制并结束战争 |
[29:26] | So, I am to act as your spy? | 那么 我要扮演你的间谍 |
[29:32] | A go between is more what we had in mind. | 我们更想保持中立 |
[29:37] | Have you thought why you were chosen to lead these talks, Professor? | 你想过为什么选你来领导这次会谈吗 教授 |
[29:44] | You’re a soft target. | 你好说话 |
[29:46] | They think your reputation as an advocate for social justice… | 他们认为你作为一个社会公义的拥护者 |
[29:49] | Gives them a way in. | 会让他们有机可乘 |
[29:53] | Play along. | 继续伪装吧 |
[29:56] | Mbeki must think you are just a… | 姆贝基肯定会以为你只是一个… |
[29:59] | Respected academic on a fact-finding mission. | 受人尊敬 寻求真理的学者 |
[30:03] | A soft target is not a soft touch, Doctor. | 我是好说话 但也不是没主见的 博士 |
[30:06] | I’m going to that meeting to hear what they have to say. | 我要去那个会议听听他们的话 |
[30:09] | As importantly for them to hear what I have to say. | 也让他们听听我讲的话 |
[30:13] | The whole process is futile otherwise. | 整个计划毫无作用 |
[30:16] | Ja, but the thing is, you see, Professor. | 但是事实是 教授 |
[30:19] | You don’t co-operate… | 如果你不合作… |
[30:21] | Your participation in the process will be terminated. | 你就无法参加这项计划 |
[30:32] | My direct line. Call me. | 我的直线电话 打给我 |
[30:38] | Professor, you need to be vigilant about incendiary devices now. | 教授 你现在必须小心炸弹装置了 |
[30:43] | Always check under your car before using it. | 记得在开车前先检查车底 |
[30:47] | I’ll send my people over to show you how. | 我会派人告诉你怎么检查的 |
[31:22] | And your ticket? | 你的票呢 |
[31:23] | Don’t forget to ring Albi Sachs. | 别忘了打电话给阿比・撒齐 |
[31:31] | 莫桑比克 非洲民族会议办事处 | |
[31:34] | Hello? | 你好 |
[31:35] | This is Thabo Mbeki. I need a quick word. | 我是塔博・姆贝基 我要聊几句 |
[31:36] | He’s just left for the airport. I’ll try and catch him, hold on. | 他刚去机场 我看能不能赶上他 你等等 |
[31:42] | Albi! | 阿比 |
[31:50] | Albi! | 阿比 |
[32:01] | – Get another line. – Another line, please! | -换条线路 -换线 |
[32:29] | 非洲民族会议律师在汽车爆炸案中遇难 | |
[32:31] | 1988年春 英格兰索美塞 梅斯庄园 | |
[32:42] | Background checks on staff. | 告诉工作人员加强安全检查 |
[32:43] | And they know that security is an issue? | 他们知道安全的重要性吗 |
[32:46] | I briefed them this morning. | 我早上对他们做了简报 |
[32:47] | Brief them every morning. Just keep hammering it home. | 每天早上对他们做简报 一定要强调 |
[32:55] | – This is Mr Mambenki’s room. – Mbeki. | -这里是马本奇先生的房间 -姆贝基 |
[33:01] | – All the rooms are ensuite. – It’s nice. | -所有房间都是套房 -很好 |
[33:06] | – And, next door? – His colleague. Mr… Pahad. | -隔壁呢 -他的同事 帕德先生 |
[33:10] | Put Professor Esterhuyse next to Mbeki. | 把埃斯特侯赛安排在姆贝基隔壁 |
[33:14] | We need to mix them up. Maximise the opportunity for chance meetings. | 要把他们打乱 尽力制造接触的机会 |
[33:17] | – Right. – Good. Thank you. | -好的 -很好 谢谢 |
[34:11] | ‘Welcome’ seems a meagre word for such an occasion. | 今天这种场合 ‘欢迎’一词已经微不足道 |
[34:16] | But, it is no less sincere, all the same. | 但是真诚依旧 |
[34:21] | Now, as you can see from the agenda I drew up… | 现在 你看我起草的议程表… |
[34:24] | We have a lot of ground to cover. | 我们有很多事情要谈讨 |
[34:27] | So, if we’re to get through it, I think it is essential that… | 如果我们要完成这些项目 就必须… |
[34:31] | With respect, Mr Young. | 出于尊重 杨先生 |
[34:33] | Since you are not South African, it’s not your agenda. | 你不是南非人 这不是你的议程表 |
[34:36] | It’s ours. | 这是我们的 |
[34:41] | And, with respect, Mr Mbeki… | 出于尊敬 姆贝基先生 |
[34:43] | I must remind you that the agenda was agreed by both sides in advance. | 我必须提一下议程先前已争得双方同意 |
[34:56] | Item one.The ANC perspective. | 第一条 非洲民会一方陈述观点 |
[35:04] | We know that you Afrikaners | 我知道你们南非白人 |
[35:07] | Have paid in blood for your country. | 为国家付出了鲜血 |
[35:10] | As, we have. | 我们也是 |
[35:12] | We know too, that it was from your suffering… | 我们也知道由于你们的遭遇 |
[35:15] | That a system of apartheid was incubated. | 种族隔离制度逐渐形成 |
[35:19] | The need to dominate is often a consequence of survival. | 掌权 最根本的原因是生存 |
[35:22] | Our problem is, as exiles, we are… | 我们的问题在于被流放 |
[35:25] | Outside the political system. | 我们直接不在政治体系管辖内 |
[35:28] | So, we are not in a position to offer any concessions or compromises… | 所以我们在与政府的任何谈判中 |
[35:30] | In any potential negotiations with the government. | 不能让步或妥协 |
[35:37] | If you can’t offer concessions, what can you offer? | 如果你不能让步 你能做什么呢 |
[35:40] | All we can do is set out our stall of demands. | 我们所能做的就是停火 |
[35:44] | The release of Nelson Mandela | 只有他们释放纳尔逊・曼德拉 |
[35:45] | And all political prisoners. | 和所有的政治囚犯们 |
[35:47] | The unbanning of all proscribed political organisations. | 正式宣布政治机构没有隐患 |
[35:50] | Only then can a negotiated transition to majority rule take place. | 到那时候多数决定原则才可以有效 |
[35:55] | So, then, we can take it that there is no truth in the rumour… | 那么我们可以断定非洲民族会议 |
[36:00] | That the ANC hopes Mandela will die in prison? | 希望曼德拉死在监狱只是谣言 |
[36:03] | Thus elevating him to the status of martyr. | 因此将他升格为殉国烈士 |
[36:06] | You don’t think he’s achieved that status already? | 你不觉得他现在就是烈士吗 |
[36:08] | That rumour, along with most information about us… | 那些谣言和所有关于我们的信息 |
[36:11] | Is based on disinformation. | 都是虚假伪造的 |
[36:13] | And, the riots and bloodshed if he does get released? | 如果放了他你们能保证 |
[36:17] | Can you guarantee you can control your guerrilla extremists? | 不再发生混乱和血杀事件吗 |
[36:20] | Controlling Mrs Mandela and her necklacing would be a start. | 先控制曼德拉夫人和她的关系网吧 |
[36:23] | As would controlling the brutality of your security police. | 那你们也控制一下警察的残暴行为 |
[36:28] | Can you guarantee that? | 你能保证吗 |
[36:32] | There’s talk in Pretoria that Botha is considering… | 比勒陀利亚声明 博塔 |
[36:36] | Forming a new body to be affiliated to Parliament… | 正准备组建一个新的隶属于国会的机构 |
[36:39] | Where black representatives can join the coloured and Indian delegates… | 那里黑人和有色人种及印度人代表一样 |
[36:45] | As a prelude to power sharing. | 开始享受权力 |
[36:47] | Can we ask your opinion on such a proposal? | 你对这一提议有什么意见 |
[36:49] | What is yours? | 先说说你的意见 |
[36:53] | I’m just here on a fact-finding mission, | 我来此的目的就是为了查出事实 |
[36:55] | Mr Mbeki. | 姆贝基先生 |
[36:57] | Your opinion is the issue. | 关键是你的意见 |
[36:58] | My understanding is we are not here to discuss reforming Apartheid. | 我们来这里不是为了调整种族隔离制度 |
[37:02] | Or, disguising it under some new administrative structure. | 或者什么新的政权 |
[37:06] | We’re here to talk about how to abolish it. | 我们来这里是摧毁他们的 |
[37:09] | What we are seeking, is a prelude to majority rule. | 我们追求的是多数决定原则的启动 |
[37:14] | Power sharing, is not an option. | 分权并不是我们的选择 |
[37:48] | Ah, Professor. | 教授 |
[38:09] | Okay. Good, good. Gentlemen, please. Good. | 好了 没事 好了 先生们 请停一下 |
[38:12] | Perhaps, if you outline the specific nature of your fears… | 你们能否再列出些对于多数决定原则的 |
[38:15] | Relating to majority rule. | 恐慌想法 |
[38:18] | It’s not bloody rocket science. | 这不是非常复杂的事 |
[38:22] | The blacks come after our blood, | 那些黑人们就是想要弄死我们 |
[38:24] | And our children get slaughtered in their beds. That, is the reality. | 我们的孩子在他们地盘被杀害 那是事实 |
[38:27] | A communist leaning administration will destroy our economic stability. | 依赖共和党的统治必定有损经济的稳定 |
[38:32] | They’ll end up in the same post colonial chaos… | 最终还是会和其他非洲国家一样 |
[38:35] | As the other African states. | 以殖民混乱垮台 |
[38:37] | Professor? | 教授 |
[38:38] | You’ll obliterate not only our language and our culture, | 你不仅仅抹杀了我们的语言和文化 |
[38:41] | But our human rights. | 还抹杀了人权 |
[38:42] | Fear is the first weapon of the oppressor. | 恐惧是反对者首要的武器 |
[38:45] | It blinds us all from seeing the humanity of the other. | 他蒙蔽了所有人去意识他人的人性 |
[38:50] | Your hands are not so clean either, Mr Mbeki. | 你也没有那么清白 姆贝基先生 |
[38:53] | What is your campaign of terror based on if not fear? | 如果不是恐惧你又为什么发动恐怖袭击 |
[38:56] | The culture of fear is not of our making, Professor. | 恐怖氛围不是我们弄得 教授 |
[38:59] | We learnt it at the feet of our masters. | 我们是和殖民统治者学的 |
[39:10] | You’re looking tired, Mr Mandela. We’ve kept you talking too late again. | 看起来很累 曼德拉先生 又和你聊很晚 |
[39:13] | Fortunately, I had no other plans tonight. | 幸运的是我今晚没有其他安排 |
[39:19] | I look forward to our next conversation, Doctor. | 我期待着下次的谈话 博士 |
[39:23] | For a moment I thought you said,’negotiation’. | 有一阵子我记得你说 协谈 |
[39:27] | My ear’s playing tricks on me. | 我是不是听错了 |
[39:31] | Good night, Doctor. | 再见 博士 |
[39:34] | – Mr. Coatsee. – Good night. | -考特斯先生 -晚安 |
[39:41] | Stop all contact with the other Robben Islanders. | 不要再和那些罗本岛民联系了 |
[39:45] | We don’t need their Greek Chorus in his ear. | 不需要给他灌输希腊颂歌 |
[39:48] | Alright. | 好的 |
[39:51] | And get him a suit for next time. | 明天给他准备一套西装 |
[39:53] | We’ll get more out of him if he thinks he’s an equal. | 让他感觉平等 他会更妥协 |
[39:55] | Okay. It’s a good idea. | 好的 主意不错 |
[40:39] | I’ll leave you to it. | 我把这里交给你 |
[40:40] | I just think things might free up a bit without an outsider present. | 我就是觉得没有外人在场 事情更好解决 |
[40:49] | Bored with us already? | 已经厌烦了吗 |
[40:52] | It’s a tactical withdrawal. | 这是战略上的退出 |
[41:11] | So, Professor. | 那么 教授 |
[41:15] | When you first saw me, did you think… | 你第一次见我 你是不是觉得 |
[41:17] | ‘Ah, so that’s what a fucking, communist terrorist looks like’? | 这就是那个该死的共产主义恐怖分子啊 |
[41:25] | And, you? Did you think… | 你呢 你是不是也想 |
[41:28] | ‘Ah, so that’s what a fucking racist Boer looks like’? | 这就是那个混帐种族歧视白人啊 |
[41:33] | No doubt, you assume our claim to be non-racial… | 毫无疑问 你认为我们没有种族歧视 |
[41:36] | Is just a rhetoric of political convenience, but you are mistaken. | 只是政治商谈的虚夸 但是你错了 |
[41:42] | It’s what defines us. | 那决定了我们的一切 |
[41:47] | And you are mistaken in your assumptions about us, | 但是在你的假设中你也误会我们了 |
[41:51] | Mr Mbeki. | 姆贝基先生 |
[41:53] | Our fear doesn’t stem from propaganda… | 我们的恐惧并不是来源于大肆宣扬 |
[41:58] | But from the deep rooted knowledge that one day we will be punished… | 而是我们深知有一天会被惩罚 |
[42:04] | For all the terrible wrongs we have inflicted. | 因为我们犯下了滔天罪行 |
[42:23] | Good night, Professor. | 晚安 教授 |
[42:26] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[44:05] | Hello? | 你好 |
[44:08] | Professor? | 教授 |
[44:13] | Can I help you? | 有什么事 |
[44:41] | 隔墙有耳 | |
[44:47] | Young gave his assurance the place was clean of bugs. | 杨保证过这个地方没有窃听器 |
[44:51] | I couldn’t take the chance. | 我可不想冒险 |
[44:56] | I hope to God, you don’t make me regret what I’m about to do. | 希望我接下来的说的 你不会让我失望 |
[45:02] | To the press and parliament, Botha’s still on message that… | 据媒体和议会传言 博塔还是希望 |
[45:06] | You must abandon your weapons before he’ll conduct a dialogue with you. | 再和谈之前 你必须自行放下武器 |
[45:15] | But, my presence here suggests otherwise. | 但是 我的出席就说明一定另有隐情 |
[45:24] | Botha knows about these talks? | 博塔知道我们的商谈吗 |
[45:29] | I’m instructed to report back to him via Doctor Barnard… | 我必须向国家情报局的巴纳德 |
[45:32] | In National Intelligence. | 汇报情况 |
[45:38] | I’m to be their Trojan horse. | 我就是他们的特洛伊木马 |
[45:47] | You take a risk telling me this, Professor. | 你竟冒险告诉我这些 教授 |
[45:51] | It would be a risk not telling you. | 不告诉你才是冒险 |
[45:57] | Without trust, we’ll achieve nothing. | 没有信任 就不会达成协议 |
[46:00] | Tambo says if we are to… | 塔博说如果我们 |
[46:03] | Win our freedom we must first… | 要想赢得自由 首先 |
[46:07] | Banish bitterness. | 要不怕吃苦 |
[46:11] | This will be the test of it. | 这会是一次考验 |
[46:14] | For all of us. | 对我们所有人都是 |
[46:35] | Get him ready. | 帮他准备好 |
[46:37] | Let’s give him a taste of what he’s been missing. | 让我们给他尝点失去的味道 |
[46:40] | If you could just turn around. | 转一下身 |
[46:48] | – Okay. It’s good? – Yeah. | -完了 好了吗 -好看 |
[46:53] | I’ve lost the knack of tying them over the years. | 多年不穿 我都不会系了 |
[46:59] | Well, shall we? | 那我们走吧 |
[48:48] | Got it. I’ve got it. | 我来接 我接就行 |
[48:59] | Barnard. | 巴纳德 |
[49:00] | Did he enjoy his day of freedom? | 今天他还很享受他的自由吗 |
[49:02] | Enough to get a taste for it, let’s hope. | 至少能够尝一下甜头 等着瞧吧 |
[49:06] | – And the UK talks? – Work in progress. | -英国商谈呢 -还在进行中 |
[49:09] | I need more than that to placate the bloody doves in Cabinet. | 我需要更多的信息安慰内阁中强硬派议员 |
[49:12] | Sir, the Cabinet must know absolutely nothing about this. | 长官 内阁一定不能知道此事 |
[49:14] | If some loose lips blabs to CNN | 若有人泄密给美国有线新闻网 |
[49:16] | The whole process could implode on us. | 整个事件就会指向我们 |
[49:17] | You sold me these talks to | 你给我提供这些商谈 |
[49:19] | Get the inside track on the ANC. | 不就是为了追踪南非民会 |
[49:22] | To give us leverage over Mandela. | 促使曼德拉有所改变 |
[49:24] | If you’re not going to deliver. What’s the damn point? | 如果你不提供信息 那还谈什么 |
[49:34] | I have his exact words here somewhere. | 我这里有他的确切保证 |
[49:45] | Leave us. | 让我们谈谈 |
[49:54] | I do have a home to go to, Doctor. | 我确实该回家了 博士 |
[50:02] | At the risk of invoking more accusations that | 尽管引来更多关于我容易受骗 |
[50:05] | I’m gullible and naive, I repeat… | 单纯的指责 我还是觉得 |
[50:09] | In my view, Mbeki, is a man the government can do business with. | 姆贝基就是可以政府合作的人 |
[50:13] | A view based on what? | 根据是什么 |
[50:19] | Your cosy fireside chats? | 你和他温馨的谈话吗 |
[50:21] | His existential ramblings about universal suffrage? | 他那些关于大家痛苦的胡言乱语吗 |
[50:27] | One can respect a man’s commitment to his ideals… | 一个人尊重另一个人的理想主义 |
[50:30] | Without sharing his methods of achieving them. | 无论他用什么方法实现 |
[50:35] | Forgive me, | 素我冒昧 |
[50:36] | If I don’t also genuflect at his altar of self government. | 我不想拜倒在他自我统治的祭坛下 |
[50:39] | Talk is cheap, Professor. | 和谈没用吧 教授 |
[50:42] | He made no concessions, did he? Not one. | 他没有妥协吧 一条也没有 |
[50:46] | His so called conversion to moderation is a ploy, | 他所谓自我控制只不过是策略 |
[50:49] | Orchestrated by Tambo. | 是塔博安排的 |
[50:50] | And you… | 你呢 |
[50:52] | You fell for it. | 你就信以为真了 |
[51:02] | – Can I go home? – Not yet. | -我能回家了吗 -还不行 |
[51:27] | Mandela sent his lawyer with a message for me. | 曼德拉让他的律师传了口信 |
[51:30] | They’ve isolated him from Sisulu and the other Robben Islanders. | 他们将他和西苏鲁 和罗本岛居民隔离 |
[51:37] | He’s been holding secret talks with Doctor Barnard from the N.I. S… | 他一直和巴纳德博士秘密交谈 |
[51:41] | Who reports back to Botha. | 巴纳德再汇报给博塔 |
[51:43] | I pressed Bizoz on the content of the meetings. | 我给比奥兹发送了关于会议的内容 |
[51:46] | He claims Nelson said nothing. | 他说纳尔逊什么也没有说 |
[51:49] | He wanted to assure me he’s acting in good faith. | 他向我保证 他一直坚信信仰 |
[51:51] | He’s walking into a trap. | 他中计了 |
[51:55] | Botha knows about the U.K. talks. | 博塔知道英国商谈 |
[51:58] | Barnard recruited Esterhuyse to act as his informer. | 巴纳德让埃斯特侯赛向他汇报信息 |
[52:02] | They’re playing ‘divide and rule’ with us. | 他们在和我们玩分裂统治的游戏 |
[52:05] | Pretoria will claim that South Africa’s most famous prisoner… | 比勒陀利亚会宣布南非最著名的囚犯 |
[52:09] | Wanted a peaceful settlement | 想要和平稳定 |
[52:10] | But the ANC terrorists… Rejected it to | 而非洲民会的恐怖分子 却反对和平 |
[52:14] | Pursue their doctrine of violence. | 坚持武力解决 |
[52:15] | Madiba would never fall for such a trick. | 玛德巴不会掉那样的陷阱 |
[52:17] | How do we know what his mental state is? | 你怎么知道他现在精神状况 |
[52:19] | The pressure he’s under? | 他承担了何种压力 |
[52:22] | What concessions he’ll make in return for his freedom? | 为了自由他会做出什么样的妥协 |
[52:28] | If he’s so solid with us why not tell us what he’s doing? | 他跟我们关系好为什么不说他在做什么 |
[52:34] | Why exclude you, of all people. | 为什么只给你说 不给大家说 |
[52:40] | This Esterhuyse, do you trust him? | 这个埃斯特侯赛 你信他吗 |
[52:46] | Yes. | 相信 |
[52:47] | A man you’ve barely known a few hours? | 相信刚刚认识几个小时的人 |
[52:50] | Yet, I’m supposed to doubt a man i’ve known a lifetime. | 却要怀疑那个我最了解的 |
[52:53] | Who sacrificed everything for us. | 为我们献出一切的人 |
[52:55] | If trust is the issue… | 如果因为信任 |
[52:59] | Perhaps it is my judgement which is in doubt. | 也许存在怀疑是我的判断 |
[53:01] | If we let ourselves be tainted by distrust… | 如果我们因为不信任而变质 |
[53:04] | Botha’s tactics will succeed. We play into his hands. | 博塔的计策就成功了 我们就让他耍了 |
[53:45] | The bombing came less than 24 hours after President Botha told parliament… | 博塔下令议会不到一天就发生了爆炸 |
[53:49] | That security forces had uncovered a terrorist cell in Natal… | 治安队查处了在纳塔恐怖分子的窝点 |
[53:53] | And arrested 23 suspected insurgents. | 逮捕了23名嫌疑叛乱分子 |
[53:55] | We understand that two of the terrorists evaded capture. | 据说有两名疑犯在逃 |
[53:59] | Security Forces have stepped uptheir search in the Soweto area. | 治安队已经前往索韦托查找 |
[54:11] | Get in here. | 过来 |
[54:22] | I’m home, Marie. Anyone home? | 我到家了 玛丽 有人吗 |
[55:38] | Target is confirmed. Tomorrow at twelve p.m. | 目标确定 明天中午12点 |
[55:41] | Sure. | 好的 |
[57:47] | And the bloodshed in South Africa today… | 南非约翰内斯堡附近 |
[57:48] | After a bomb exploded outside a shopping centre… | 约堡罗德堡 的购物中心 |
[57:51] | In Roodeport, near Johannesburg. | 又发生一次血杀事件 |
[57:53] | Four civilians were killedand 18 others injured. | 4名市民当场死亡 18人受伤 |
[57:56] | A spokesman claimed that the target was a nearby bank. | 一位发言人称目标就在附近的银行 |
[57:59] | He declined to give details on the operational difficulties… | 他谢绝提供与发生爆炸 |
[58:02] | Which caused the explosion. | 相关的细节 |
[58:06] | Is that how you justify your campaign of indiscriminate bombings… | 你就是这样不明不白的进行爆炸活动 |
[58:11] | The killing of innocent civilians? | 杀害无辜的民众吗 |
[58:13] | We have never supported the killing of civilians. | 我们从不想杀害民众 |
[58:15] | Tell that to the women and children that you maim and kill… | 告诉那些因为你暗地爆炸和管道爆炸 |
[58:18] | With your limpet bombs and your pipe bombs. | 致残或被杀害的妇女和小孩吧 |
[58:21] | Or are dead children legitimate collateral damage… | 还是那些妻离子散的伤害 |
[58:24] | To promote your cycle of terror? | 能够提升恐怖分子的人气 |
[58:26] | I can quote you chapter and verse on dead children, Professor. | 我可以成章成篇的说出死去的孩子 教授 |
[58:30] | Names, ages and dates, my son included. | 他们的名字 年龄 出生年月 包括我的孩子 |
[58:35] | I think a break is in order, gentlemen. | 我觉得该休息一下了 |
[58:39] | ANC policy is, and always has been… | 非洲民会的政策一直是 |
[58:44] | That only military and economic targets are legitimate. | 只有军队和经济利益才是合法的 |
[58:48] | If it smells like crap and it sounds like crap… | 如果闻起来是垃圾 听起来是垃圾 |
[58:50] | Chances are, it is crap. | 很有可能那就是垃圾 |
[58:55] | Not once have I tried to justify… | 我不止一次试图断言 |
[58:57] | The excesses of the South African Security Forces. | 南非治安军数量过多 |
[59:00] | Yet, you persist in spouting this pre-digested dogma at me. | 然而 你坚持给我灌输简化的教条 |
[59:06] | Maybe they think if they say it enough times, | 也许他们认为如果说的次数够多 |
[59:10] | We’ll buy it. | 我们就信了 |
[59:11] | This really is not productive, so either we move on… | 这种讨论毫无结果 我们是继续… |
[59:16] | The timing, of the Roodeport bomb isn’t coincidental. | 约堡罗德堡爆炸不是偶然 |
[59:21] | Lusaka authorised it… | 是兰萨卡授权的 |
[59:23] | In the full knowledge of our meetings. | 完全知道我们会议的内容 |
[59:28] | It’s the old terror tactic… | 这是过时的恐怖战术 |
[59:30] | Once the talking starts, step up the violence. | 一旦会议开始 就是实行武力 |
[59:35] | If you think that’s going to strengthen your hand… | 如果你觉得那样可以让你们 |
[59:38] | In any negotiations with the Government… | 在与政府谈判中占据有利地位 |
[59:40] | You’ve seen to it that all chance of that is off the table. | 你已经看见了 那些机会都不复存在了 |
[59:47] | Frankly… | 说实话 |
[59:55] | So are these talks. | 现在这些谈判也没什么意义 |
[1:00:21] | – Time to turn up the heat. – Alright. | -是时候加速进程了 -好的 |
[1:00:27] | Hello, Mr Mandela. Please. | 你好 曼德拉 请坐 |
[1:00:37] | Let’s talk about Roodeport. | 我们来谈谈约堡罗德堡事件 |
[1:00:45] | It needed saying. | 那些话很有必要讲讲 |
[1:00:50] | There was no getting round it. | 没必要绕弯子 |
[1:00:54] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[1:00:57] | But, box a man into a corner and… | 但是却把他困到墙角 |
[1:01:02] | The President is running out of patience, Mr Mandela. | 总统已经不耐烦了 曼德拉先生 |
[1:01:04] | Either, you denounce the communist links with the ANC… | 要么你就公开指责共产党与非洲民会联合 |
[1:01:07] | Condemn the violence… | 发动的暴力事件 |
[1:01:10] | Or, frankly, you and I? We have nothing further to discuss. | 要么我们之间就再没有商量的余地 |
[1:01:15] | When political movements are forced underground… | 党政运动被迫在地下时 |
[1:01:19] | They inevitably are thrown together… | 他们当然要联合 |
[1:01:24] | And, no man of honour would desert a lifelong friend… | 没有哪个君子应敌人的请求 |
[1:01:28] | At the request of a common enemy. | 抛弃一生的知己 |
[1:01:36] | Gentlemen, excuse us. | 先生们 抱歉 |
[1:01:48] | You’re not the only game in town, Mr Mandela. | 你不是这里唯一政治势力 曼德拉先生 |
[1:01:53] | Don’t you see? | 你看不出来吗 |
[1:01:55] | This is your chance to seize the initiative. | 这是你抓住主动权的机会 |
[1:02:00] | The ANC think they can bomb their way into power… | 非洲民会以为可以通过暴力获得政权 |
[1:02:04] | But a few words from you, condemning the violence… | 但是你的几句话 几句谴责的话 |
[1:02:10] | Will not only secure your freedom… | 不仅仅换回你的自由 |
[1:02:14] | But will ensure that you alone… | 也会让你自己 |
[1:02:20] | Will be the man the Government deals with. | 成为政府唯一可以商谈的人 |
[1:02:24] | You, alone, can lead us all out of this impasse. | 你一个人就可以带领我们所有人走出僵局 |
[1:02:36] | Haven’t your years of sacrifice earned you that right? | 难道你多年的付出就不应该有那个权力吗 |
[1:03:27] | This is the situation. | 现在就是这种情形 |
[1:03:31] | All ANC bombing operations… | 所有非洲民会组织 |
[1:03:33] | Fall under the command and control structure in Lusaka. | 都陷入兰萨卡的领导和统治模式 |
[1:03:36] | But, some of our cadres, | 但是我们一些骨干认为 |
[1:03:39] | Believing force to be the only way… | 武力是唯一的解决途径 |
[1:03:41] | Sometimes act without authority. | 有时候没有权力约束 |
[1:03:45] | Operations can get bungled. | 行动就变得混乱 |
[1:03:49] | Innocent people… | 无辜的人们 |
[1:03:51] | Get killed. | 被杀害 |
[1:03:55] | But, you have my word… | 但是 相信我 |
[1:03:57] | That I will do everything in my power… | 我会力所能及 |
[1:04:00] | To ensure that civilians no longer suffer from our inadequacies. | 保证市民不会再受到我们的惊吓 |
[1:04:06] | Are you telling us that you are unable to control some of your… | 你说你无法控制某些 |
[1:04:10] | Renegade cadres, Mr Mbeki? | 激进的人员吗 姆贝基先生 |
[1:04:15] | If you know the truth of our situation, Professor… | 如果你知道我们真实的情况 教授 |
[1:04:19] | You will see that the issue of violence… | 你会明白武力事件 |
[1:04:22] | Is irrevocably connected to the other issues we wrestle with. | 与我们竭力争取的其他事件是紧密联系的 |
[1:04:27] | Only when we can participate in a truly democratic process… | 只有我们进入了真正的民主程序 |
[1:04:30] | Will our armed struggle become obsolete. | 我们才会放下武器 |
[1:04:35] | Only then will the conflict between us end. | 到那时候我们之间的冲突才终止 |
[1:04:52] | – How did you sleep? – Not too bad. You? | -睡得还好吗 -不错 你呢 |
[1:04:56] | Alright, except for terrible dreams about lawyers. | 还好 只要不梦见那律师的遭遇就行 |
[1:04:59] | Oh, yes. That is a nightmare. | 是啊 那才是噩梦呢 |
[1:05:02] | So, anyway, Thatcher is in Moscow… | 总之撒切尔在莫斯科 |
[1:05:05] | The crowds in red square are all over her, mobbing her… | 红场的群众都围着她 |
[1:05:07] | She’s getting quite queasy with all this adulation… | 这些阿谀奉承让她感觉非常恶心 |
[1:05:10] | So, she says to her interpreter, | 所以她对她的翻译官说 |
[1:05:12] | I’m not a communist then. | 我不是共产主义者 |
[1:05:15] | And, they shout back, ‘Neither are we! ‘ | 然后群众们回答说 我们也不是 |
[1:05:28] | I came here believing what happened at | 我来这以前认为 |
[1:05:30] | Roodeport had deraam everything. | 约堡罗德堡时间粉碎了所有的机会 |
[1:05:33] | You changed that. | 而你改变了这些 |
[1:05:36] | What you said in that room will go no further. | 你在那个屋子里说的是不会实现的 |
[1:05:46] | – Safe home, Willie. – May I tell you… | -一路平安 威利 -我应该告诉你 |
[1:05:52] | How truly sorry I am about your son. | 对于你儿子的事我非常抱歉 |
[1:06:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:06:44] | Thabo? | 塔博 |
[1:06:54] | 兰萨卡10 | |
[1:07:20] | Come off the road. | 靠边走小路 |
[1:09:37] | There was an incident on the way from the airport. | 从机场回来的路上出了点状况 |
[1:09:44] | They were not security agents. | 他们不是政府的特工 |
[1:09:52] | Word is out about your talks. | 大家都在讨论你的会谈 |
[1:09:55] | Some of the militants will use any tactics to halt them. | 激进分子会利用一切方法阻止你的言论 |
[1:10:00] | For two decades we’ve said only force will crush the enemy. | 二十年来只有武力能够镇压反叛 |
[1:10:04] | Instead of force, we now preach talks. | 现在我们用演讲代替镇压 |
[1:10:07] | They see that as a betrayal. | 他们认为那是种背叛 |
[1:10:10] | And when you pressed him on the violence issue… | 而当你在暴力问题上向他施压时 |
[1:10:13] | Did he admit the ANC high command | 他有没有提到非洲国民大会高层 |
[1:10:15] | Now sanction surveillance dollars | 现在批准监管基金了呢 |
[1:10:17] | He made the same point he has made from the beginning… | 他依旧坚持最开始的意见 |
[1:10:19] | Cessation of violence… | 遏止暴动 |
[1:10:21] | Is contingent on the government | 取决于政府 |
[1:10:23] | Committing to a democratic process | 是否有效地实行民主 |
[1:10:34] | Because you told him there can be no question | 因为你告诉他即使 |
[1:10:36] | Of that while the violence continues | 暴动继续也不会有问题 |
[1:10:38] | Tell me, doctor, should they agree to… | 告诉我 博士 他们是否应该 |
[1:10:42] | Give up the armed struggle and | 放弃武装抵抗之后 |
[1:10:44] | Negotiate with the government | 和政府进行谈判呢 |
[1:10:46] | What would you give them in return? | 你准备给他们什么作为回报 |
[1:10:48] | You cannot go into negotiation without | 你不能空着手 |
[1:10:50] | Bringing something empty handed. | 去和他们谈判 |
[1:10:52] | Yet you send me in empty handed. | 而你却让我空着手去谈 |
[1:10:54] | Don’t be surprised if I come back empty handed. | 所以我空着手回来没什么奇怪的 |
[1:10:57] | You are not empowered to negotiate, professor. | 你没有谈判的权力 教授 |
[1:11:02] | You’re wrong. Doctor. Talk is not cheap. | 你错了 教授 会谈不是没用的 |
[1:11:13] | It’s all we have left. | 是我们唯一能做的 |
[1:11:41] | Mr Esterhuyse takes the view that… | 埃斯特侯赛先生认为 |
[1:11:44] | Before formal negotiations can take place… | 在正式谈判之前 |
[1:11:46] | Concessions, must be made on both sides. | 双方必须首先互相让步 |
[1:11:49] | If we make a gesture by releasing Mandela… | 如果咱们表示出释放曼德拉的意向 |
[1:11:53] | I said nothing about making | 我从来没说过要 |
[1:11:55] | Concessions to Mandela’s freedom | 释放曼德拉 |
[1:11:56] | This is no longer a matter of political survival, sir. | 这不是派系斗争的问题 |
[1:12:00] | Your policy of buying us time has created a… | 您的赢取时间政策正好 |
[1:12:04] | A vacuum of uncertainty that is only fuelling the violence. | 为暴动的加剧提供了有利环境 |
[1:12:07] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么认为吗 |
[1:12:09] | This is about your own survival, covering your sorry ass | 这就是你掩饰失败的措辞 |
[1:12:16] | If you are seen to take the initiative with the ANC… | 如果你表现出向非洲国民大会妥协 |
[1:12:20] | History will always acknowledge it | 历史会铭记你 |
[1:12:21] | Was you at the stage | 因为是你站出来 |
[1:12:22] | And vision to pull this country back, | 从内战爆发的边缘 |
[1:12:25] | From the brink civil war | 拯救了这个国家 |
[1:12:27] | You alone averted that catastrophe. | 是你努力避免了灾难的发生 |
[1:12:29] | History might also say I took my | 历史也会因为我轻易放走 |
[1:12:31] | Hand off the teller too soon | 反叛者而记住我 |
[1:12:36] | I give way on Mandela’s freedom now, | 我现在释放曼德拉 |
[1:12:38] | I give away tranquil | 风平浪静的日子就没了 |
[1:12:40] | He’s a man like any other. | 他和其他人一样 |
[1:12:42] | The more he gets of it, the more he’ll want it. | 得到的越多越不满足 |
[1:12:47] | Mandela is the key. | 曼德拉是关键 |
[1:13:04] | – Where to today? – A surprise. | -今天去哪儿 -去给你个惊喜 |
[1:13:46] | Control, confirm subject arrival. | 正常 目标已经抵达 |
[1:13:59] | – Everything is alright – No problems. | -情况怎么样 -一切正常 |
[1:15:02] | I hope you like your new quarters, Mr Mandela? | 希望你会喜欢新住处 曼德拉先生 |
[1:15:07] | This is warrant officer Swart. | 这位是你的保安斯沃特 |
[1:15:10] | He’ll look after you. Do your cooking and so on. | 他照顾你 给你做饭 等等 |
[1:15:15] | We’ve met before, at Robben Island. | 咱们之前见过面 在罗本岛 |
[1:15:18] | I used to drive you to the quarry. | 我经常开车带你去采石场 |
[1:15:20] | I hope you are a better cook than you were a driver. | 真希望你做饭比当司机强 |
[1:15:27] | Give him the tour. I’ll leave you to settle in. | 带他转转 我得走了 |
[1:15:33] | There’s three bedrooms. This is the largest. | 这有三个卧室 这间最大 |
[1:15:37] | I’m sure you’ll find the bed more | 我肯定这床 |
[1:15:38] | Comfortable than you used to | 比你之前睡的舒服 |
[1:16:18] | The departmental conference is postponed, professor. | 部门会议被推迟了 教授 |
[1:16:24] | We know exactly what’s going on in the UK… | 你和那些非洲国民大会的无耻教授在英国 |
[1:16:27] | Between you and the ANC thugs professor. | 密谋了什么我们都已经知道了 |
[1:16:29] | Think carefully before going next time | 下次谈判考虑清楚要谈什么 |
[1:16:32] | Or learn to sleep wll fetch a shovel. | 否则就别想再睡好觉了 |
[1:17:17] | This is Michael Young. Please leave a message. | 我是迈克尔・杨 请留言 |
[1:17:20] | This is esterhuyse. | 我是埃斯特侯赛 |
[1:17:22] | I suggest… | 我建议 |
[1:17:24] | That you make a date for the next | 咱们尽快 |
[1:17:26] | Meeting as soon as possible | 安排下次会面 |
[1:17:43] | – I missed you. – It’s nice to see you back. | -好想你 -你能回来真好 |
[1:17:50] | Marigolds. Pansies. | 万寿菊 紫罗兰 |
[1:17:55] | This one is in the wrong place. It needs more light. | 这株种错地方了 它需要更多的光照 |
[1:18:00] | You pick a spot. I’ll fetch a shovel. | 你选个合适的地儿 我去拿铁锹 |
[1:19:08] | 温伯利为释放曼德拉已发生72000次骚动 | |
[1:19:23] | Mr president? | 总统先生 |
[1:19:25] | Mr president, are you alright? | 总统先生你没事吧 |
[1:19:28] | We need an ambulance now. | 快去叫救护车 |
[1:19:31] | Hip, hip, hooray! | 加油 加油 加油 |
[1:19:44] | Bye bye, Tata. | 再见 |
[1:19:57] | My dear friend. | 我亲爱的朋友 |
[1:19:59] | At best, Botha regarded my gilded cage | 博特至少很关注我的金鸟笼 |
[1:20:02] | As a way to seduce the submission. | 看我是否会屈服 |
[1:20:07] | But I have had twenty years to prepare me for this moment. | 但为了这一刻我已经准备了二十年 |
[1:20:14] | Talking to Barnard was a high risk strategy… | 和巴纳德谈判非常危险 |
[1:20:17] | But you can trust in one thing. | 但有一点你可以放心 |
[1:20:20] | That I am not negotiating terms with the government… | 我不会跟政府谈条件的 |
[1:20:24] | But facilitating the process for the ANC to do so. | 除非可以促进非洲国民大会的进程 |
[1:20:30] | Surely, you and I have come too | 很显然你们和我现在已经 |
[1:20:33] | Far to let them divide us now | 远到他们没法把咱们分开了 |
[1:20:40] | The election of the new state president F. W. De Klerk… | 德克勒克的新总统竞选 |
[1:20:42] | Has sparked a wave of violence across the country. | 被认为是国家暴乱的导火索 |
[1:20:46] | And sensitivity about his commitment to reform… | 而他关于重组的委任令 |
[1:20:49] | Seems to be fuelling the violence. | 明显的加剧了暴动的程度 |
[1:20:51] | Mr De Klerk’s position to the right of the national party… | 德克勒克先生代表国家政党的角色 |
[1:20:53] | Have left some observers to | 让一些评论者怀疑 |
[1:20:55] | Question his appetite for change | 他的胃口是否有所转变 |
[1:20:58] | Botha’s mistake was his reliance on his security | 博塔的错误源于他对安全顾问的依赖 |
[1:21:02] | So the expense of protecting his power base in parliament. | 而保护他的权力是国会的决定 |
[1:21:06] | I must tell you, that is a mistake | 我必须告诉你 这是个误会 |
[1:21:08] | I do not intent to repeat. | 我不想重复第二遍了 |
[1:21:13] | My mistake was accommodating his | 我错误地接受他的计划 |
[1:21:15] | Plan to throw divine Mandela | 准备利用释放曼德拉 |
[1:21:16] | From the ANC in a futile attempt to cling on to power. | 来获得不切实际的政权 |
[1:21:20] | My discussions with Mr Mandela have | 我和曼德拉先生的谈话 |
[1:21:21] | Convinced me that the only way | 使我深信现在唯一的出路 |
[1:21:23] | Of doing that now is to give some of it away and negotiate. | 就是在他们提条件之前 |
[1:21:26] | Before it’s taken from us. | 作出一些妥协之后开始谈判 |
[1:21:30] | You’ve been detained long enough, Doctor. | 你被停职已经够久了 博士 |
[1:21:34] | Gentlemen, shall we? | 各位 开始吧 |
[1:21:40] | Help us end apartheid now! | 反对种族隔离政策 |
[1:21:46] | I doubt we’re looking at the messiah of change. | 我怀疑是否能看到改革真正实行 |
[1:21:50] | De Klerk is a life long apologist for apartheid. | 德克勒克拥护种族隔离政策 |
[1:21:52] | Presumably that’s why his party chose him. | 这就是为什么他的政党选他来竞选 |
[1:21:54] | Names for the next meeting. I’ve added a new one. | 这是下次会议的名单 我加了一个名额 |
[1:21:58] | – Mix things up a bit. – Willem De Klerk? | -看着有点乱 -威廉・德克勒克 |
[1:22:01] | – Yes, the president’s brother. – How prescient of you. | -是总统的弟弟 -你太明智了 |
[1:22:09] | I’m hoping he’s got his brother’s ear. | 我希望他能让他哥哥放弃种族隔离 |
[1:22:11] | Unlike F.W., he’s on record condemning apartheid. | 和他哥哥正好相反 他很反感种族隔离 |
[1:22:14] | What if his brother vetoes his attendance? | 如果他弟弟像否决埃斯特侯赛那样 |
[1:22:16] | Along with Esterhuyse | 不让他出席呢 |
[1:22:18] | Esterhuyse is committed now. Nothing will keep him away. | 埃斯特侯赛非常坚决 没什么能阻止他 |
[1:22:21] | Unless his passport is revoked. | 那就把他的护照吊销吧 |
[1:22:36] | This is the Esterhuyse residence. We’re not home right now. | 这是埃斯特侯赛家 我们现在不在家 |
[1:22:39] | If you leave a message. We’ll call you back. | 有事请留言 我会给你回电话 |
[1:22:43] | And you’re sure that he’s nowhere in the university? | 你确定他不在学校吗 |
[1:22:47] | I’ve tried him at home. | 我给他家打过电话了 |
[1:22:58] | Thabo. Tony. Aziz. | 塔博 托尼 阿齐兹 |
[1:23:00] | Good to see you again. | 很高兴又见面了 |
[1:23:03] | – The others aren’t here yet? – They will be. They will be. | -其他人还没来吗 -快到了 |
[1:23:09] | If he contacts you, or if you see him… | 如果他联系你 或者你见到他 |
[1:23:11] | Tell him to call Michael Young as soon as possible. | 告诉他尽快给迈克尔・杨打电话 |
[1:23:14] | I’ll be waiting by the phone. | 我等你电话 |
[1:24:01] | Tell him that I can’t see him now. | 告诉他我现在不能见他 |
[1:24:09] | The president will be unable to | 博士 总统今天还是 |
[1:24:11] | See you today after all, doctor | 没空见你 |
[1:24:13] | His diary secretary will be in touch, then. | 有事和他的秘书接触 |
[1:24:52] | Bloody highway pile-up. Stuck there for hours. | 该死的高速公路堵车 堵了好几小时 |
[1:24:55] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[1:24:56] | Michael Young, Mr De Klerk. | 我是迈克尔・杨 德克勒克先生 |
[1:24:58] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[1:24:58] | Willem De Klerk, journalist and | 威廉・德克勒克 |
[1:25:00] | Political commentator | 记者 时政评论员 |
[1:25:04] | – Pleased to meet you. – Pleasure, sir. | -很高兴见到你 -荣幸之至 |
[1:25:07] | Shall we? | 咱们进去吧 |
[1:25:15] | You had us worried there. | 大家很担心你的安危 |
[1:25:16] | You don’t get rid of me that easily. | 你们不可能这么容易就甩掉我 |
[1:25:48] | My dear friend and comrade. | 我亲爱的老朋友 |
[1:25:51] | I cannot tell you my relief to hear from you at last. | 你想象不到我收到你的消息有多开心 |
[1:25:56] | Had you contacted me before, I could have warned you… | 就像之前联系时我提醒过你的一样 |
[1:26:00] | That yours are not the only talks | 和政府进行谈判的条件 |
[1:26:02] | Taking place with the government. | 除了释放你还有其他很多 |
[1:26:04] | Your release is high on the agenda of those discussions. | 不过释放你是谈判的首要条件 |
[1:26:08] | Given the hard line position of the new state president… | 鉴于新总统的强硬政策 |
[1:26:12] | The future of those talks must now hang in the balance. | 这些谈判条件依旧悬而未决 |
[1:26:16] | Call it what it is, Willie. | 你说应该怎么定义 威廉 |
[1:26:18] | Minority rights, equals white rights | 少数者的权利和白人权利均等 |
[1:26:20] | In other words, you want us to ensure… | 换句话说 你想我们确保 |
[1:26:22] | The privileges whites enjoy are perpetuated. | 白人永久享有特权 |
[1:26:24] | The idea of group rights is that no | 团体权利的构想在于 |
[1:26:27] | Group has dominanance over another… | 没有一个团体可以凌驾于令一个 |
[1:26:29] | White or black. | 不论白人还是黑人 |
[1:26:31] | Isn’t that what your non-racial credo is all about? | 这不正是你的那些不分种族的信条吗 |
[1:26:34] | But without assurance of that… | 如果没有这些的保障 |
[1:26:36] | The president will never come to the negotiating table. | 总统是永远不会上谈判桌的 |
[1:26:41] | Is that not so, Willem? | 不是这样吗 威廉 |
[1:26:48] | That’s not for me to say, Professor. | 我不知道 教授 |
[1:26:56] | De klerk’s brother doesn’t give much away. | 德克勒克的弟弟并没泄露很多东西 |
[1:26:58] | He frequently points out he’s not his brother’s keeper. | 他一直说他不是他哥哥的保姆 |
[1:27:05] | He barely got his feet under the table, give him time. | 他仅仅是畏于强权 过段时间就好了 |
[1:27:07] | Time is the enemy. | 时间不多了 |
[1:27:09] | Every day he procrastinates, is one | 每天他耽搁一点 我们就离 |
[1:27:11] | Closer to bloody scene action | 血腥的暴动近了一点 |
[1:27:13] | What is Barnard’s sense of him? | 巴纳德那边怎么样 |
[1:27:15] | Barnard’s access to the president’s | 巴纳德不能像以前那样 |
[1:27:17] | Office is not what it used to be. | 可以进入总统办公室了 |
[1:27:20] | We must rely on his brother for that now. | 现在只能把赌注压在他弟弟身上了 |
[1:27:27] | I thought we might discuss your | 我觉得咱们应该谈谈 |
[1:27:29] | Impressions of the day… | 你对白天谈话的想法 |
[1:27:31] | I’ve some excellent brandy in my room. | 我屋里有些不错的白兰地 |
[1:27:32] | Another night, perhaps. | 改天吧 |
[1:27:42] | My dear friend… | 亲爱的朋友 |
[1:27:44] | Our struggle is now at a tipping point, | 咱们的努力已经到最关键的一步 |
[1:27:47] | As is our country. | 就像咱们的国家一样 |
[1:27:50] | We must try and convince De Klerk and his government… | 咱们必须劝服德克勒克以及他的政府 |
[1:27:53] | That the whites have nothing to fear from us. | 告诉他白人根本不用害怕我们 |
[1:27:56] | It is not revenge that governs us, | 这并不是因为我们被统治而复仇 |
[1:28:00] | But reconciliation. | 这是一种和解 |
[1:28:01] | We must use every method open | 我们必须用尽各种方法 |
[1:28:03] | To us to make him understand | 让他明白只有他快点行动 |
[1:28:06] | That unless he acts soon, we cannot deliver. | 我们才能达成共识 |
[1:28:10] | What is he waiting for? | 他到底在等什么 |
[1:28:11] | How many more weeks, how many more months until he acts? | 他决定前还剩几周 几个月 |
[1:28:13] | And where is he on mandela? Can he not | 他决定如何处置曼德拉 |
[1:28:15] | See the longer he keeps in prison | 他难道不知道将他关的越久 |
[1:28:17] | The more time he is giving for mob rule to take hold? | 他就需要越多的时间去改革掌权吗 |
[1:28:19] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[1:28:20] | I do not have the answers you’re looking for, Mr Mbeki. | 你说的这些我通通不知道 姆贝基先生 |
[1:28:23] | My brother is not in the habit of | 我哥哥没有向我吐露 |
[1:28:25] | Confiding in me about government policy | 政府决策的习惯 |
[1:28:27] | Or anyone else, it seems. | 看来他也不会告诉别人 |
[1:28:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:35] | Yes, I understand well. Are you absolutely sure? | 是的 我很理解 你真的有把握吗 |
[1:28:40] | We can’t put it like that. | 我们不能那么干 |
[1:28:44] | Yes, it’s important, | 没错 确实很重要 |
[1:28:47] | But it’s a waste of time. | 但只是浪费时间而已 |
[1:29:17] | I apologise. I lost track of… | 非常抱歉 我迷路了 |
[1:29:26] | Shall we start by returning to the | 咱们是否可以继续刚才 |
[1:29:27] | Outside item… | 关于外围项目的 |
[1:29:29] | I wonder… Do you mind, I’m sorry? | 不好意思 如果你不介意 我想 |
[1:29:32] | On behalf of my brother, I have | 代表我哥哥 有一些事情 |
[1:29:34] | Some issues for clarification. | 我需要确认一下 |
[1:29:37] | If you will bear with me. | 如果你们愿意听的话 |
[1:29:43] | One… | 第一点 |
[1:29:46] | When would it be possible for the ANC to embark on talks… | 什么时候非洲国民大会 |
[1:29:50] | About how to progress formal | 可以就如何促进 |
[1:29:52] | Negotiations with the government… | 与政府正式协商进行会谈 |
[1:29:54] | Two. | 第二点 |
[1:29:56] | What would your preconditions be to such talks… | 你们进行这个会谈的前提是什么 |
[1:30:01] | And, three… What agenda would be acceptable to you? | 第三 你们会接受什么样的议程 |
[1:30:19] | You can… Tell the president… | 你可以告诉总统 |
[1:30:24] | There will be no preconditions on our side… | 我们这方不会事先提任何条件 |
[1:30:30] | And we leave it to him to determine the agenda. | 我们可以让他去敲定议程 |
[1:30:38] | As for timing… | 至于时间 |
[1:30:44] | We are ready when he is. | 他方便时我们就可以开始 |
[1:31:00] | And your position on the cease fire of violence? | 你们关于终止暴动的态度是 |
[1:31:05] | We would order that all violence be suspended… | 在会谈进行时我们会下令 |
[1:31:08] | While negotiations take place. | 暂停所有暴动行为 |
[1:31:12] | When a new constitution has been agreed… | 当新的宪法通过之后 |
[1:31:16] | We will give the instruction that the armed struggle… | 我们会下令 |
[1:31:21] | Is to be abandoned. | 解除武装冲突 |
[1:32:32] | Oliver. | 奥利弗 |
[1:32:36] | Thabo. | 塔博 |
[1:32:41] | Would you read this for me, please? | 你能帮我读读这个吗 |
[1:32:48] | “Although we have been apart all these years…” | 尽管我们分别多年 |
[1:32:51] | It’s as if i’ve been conducting a lifelong conversation… | 在我的脑中就好像我用毕生时间 |
[1:32:56] | With you in my head. | 在和你交谈 |
[1:33:00] | All I pray now, is that you recover so, god willing… | 我现在唯一希望的就是你快好起来 |
[1:33:05] | We can continue it face to face. | 上帝保佑我们可以见面 |
[1:33:11] | As for my freedom… | 只要你病体可以康复 |
[1:33:14] | It is a secondary matter until you are strong again. | 我的自由也就没有那么重要了 |
[1:33:20] | And, until all those imprisoned have won theirs. | 直到所有的冤狱得以昭雪 |
[1:33:25] | I must be the last to gain his liberty. | 我才能放心的拥抱自由 |
[1:33:31] | 3个月后 1990年2月11日 | |
[1:33:35] | He wouldn’t give a name, much less take no for an answer. | 不知道是谁 问什么都说不 |
[1:33:44] | Esterhuyse. | 埃斯特侯赛 |
[1:33:46] | I suppose the weather’s the usual crap? | 天气还如往常一样糟糕吗 |
[1:33:50] | Is that what you called to discuss? | 你打电话就想讨论这个吗 |
[1:33:55] | What time is it over there? | 你那现在几点了 |
[1:33:58] | – Noon. – Turn on your tv. 2 pm, your time. | -中午十二点 -下午两点去看电视吧 |
[1:34:17] | Now, as we wait for what’s been | 现在 我们等待已久的 |
[1:34:18] | Built an historical dress | 历史性时刻即将到来 |
[1:34:20] | Let’s reflect on the momentous | 让我们先回顾一下过去的几个月 |
[1:34:22] | Events of the past few month | 发生的重大事件 |
[1:34:24] | The tearing down of the berlin wall and the end of the cold war. | 冷战后柏林墙终于被推倒了 |
[1:34:28] | But, south africa has had many false dawns. | 而南非却依旧没有看到黎明 |
[1:34:31] | So many speeches which have commons | 很多演讲虽然大同小异 |
[1:34:33] | So much, yet deliverd so little. | 然而真正实现的却几乎没有 |
[1:34:37] | Here now is president De Klerk flanked by his cabinet. | 现在出现的是德克勒克总统和他的内阁 |
[1:34:41] | As he makes his way to the podium, all of south africa… | 在他走上讲台这几秒钟 整个南非 |
[1:34:44] | And indeed the world, holds it’s breath. | 甚至整个世界都屏息而待 |
[1:34:48] | My government has taken the decision | 我的政府已经决定 |
[1:34:50] | To immediately and unconditionally. | 马上并且无条件的 |
[1:34:53] | Release Mr Nelson Mandela. | 释放纳尔逊・曼德拉先生 |
[1:34:56] | I’ve also instructed that the prohibition… | 我同时决定取消解散 |
[1:34:59] | Of the african national congress the pan african congress… | 非洲国民大会 全非洲大会 |
[1:35:02] | And the south african communist party be immediately lifted. | 以及南非共产党的命令 |
[1:35:07] | The time has come to negotiate. | 协商洽谈是大势所趋 |
[1:35:10] | The hopes of millions of south africans… | 数百万南非人民的希望 |
[1:35:12] | Will be centred on that process. | 都寄托于协商会谈之中 |
[1:35:15] | We must not falter. We dare not fail. | 我们不再犹豫 我们不怕失败 |
[1:35:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:35:26] | We go now to victor verster prison, where Mr Mandela… | 我们现在来到了维克多沃斯特监狱 |
[1:35:29] | The man who’s been imprisoned for nearly three decades… | 曼德拉先生被关于此地长达三十年之久 |
[1:35:33] | 72 years old, will be appearing in public… | 72岁高龄的他将出现在公众面前 |
[1:35:36] | For the first time, any moment now. | 他彻底自由了 |
[1:35:40] | International media perched. | 国际媒体冲向前面 |
[1:35:43] | The crowd getting excited. | 人群沸腾了 |
[1:35:46] | That’s him. | 那就是他 |
[1:35:47] | And there is Mister Mandela. Nelson Mandela. | 这就是曼德拉先生 纳尔逊・曼德拉 |
[1:35:51] | A free man. | 一个自由的人 |
[1:35:52] | Taking his first steps into a new south africa. | 一步一步走向了一个新的南非 |
[1:36:00] | This is Mrs Winnie Mandela next to him waving to the crowds. | 他旁边的曼德拉夫人在向众人招手 |
[1:36:03] | And a salute from Mr Nelson Mandela. | 纳尔逊・曼德拉也敬了个礼 |
[1:36:05] | He is greeting the people who have | 他要感谢那些 |
[1:36:08] | Been waiting for so long for the state | 为了这个国家等了如此久的那些人 |
[1:36:14] | This is the man that the world’s been waiting to see. | 这就是全世界都期待看到的那个人 |
[1:36:17] | His first public appearance in 27 years. | 27年来的首次亮相 |
[1:36:21] | The day for which he too, has waited so long. | 这个日子对他来说也是等了如此之久 |
[1:36:49] | We owe you so much more. | 实在太感谢你了 |
[1:36:52] | It takes a big man to make himself invisible. | 不为名利实属真男儿 |
[1:36:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你能理解 |
[1:36:59] | Thank you. Michael. Thank you. | 谢谢你 迈克 谢谢你 |
[1:37:09] | Stay safe. | 注意安全 |
[1:37:12] | And you… | 你也是 |
[1:37:15] | Comrade. | 同志 |
[1:37:28] | 非洲民族会议和政府协商4年后南非迎来首届民主选举 | |
[1:37:54] | 1999年 塔博・姆贝基继任纳尔逊・曼德拉就任总统 威利・埃斯特侯赛成为他最信任的顾问 | |
[1:38:18] | 奥利佛・坦布没有看到南非的民主 1993年死于中风 迈克尔・杨离开联合矿业公司仍活跃于国际政坛 | |
[1:38:35] | 爱尔兰共和军决定通过和谈解决爱尔兰冲突 并私下求教于非洲民族会议 | |
[1:38:56] | 他们正在解决伊斯兰抵抗运动 |