英文名称:Everyone Says I Love You
年代:1996
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Fall was especially beautiful this year. | 今年的秋天格外美丽。 |
[00:04] | I like it better than spring. | 我想我喜欢秋天更甚于春天。 |
[00:07] | And with October comes Mom’s birthday. | 随着十月来临,妈妈的生日到了。 |
[00:10] | This year we invited Holden’s parents to celebrate. | 今年我们也邀请了霍尔登的 父母一同过来庆祝。 |
[00:14] | But just before they arrived we had an unexpected visitor. | 但是就在他们到达之前, 我们迎来了一位不速之客。 |
[00:20] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐! |
[00:22] | These are from my biological father, all the way from Paris. | 这是从你前夫,我的生身父亲 那里来的,从巴黎一路过来。 |
[00:24] | – Look, everybody! – Know what it is? Caviar! | – 噢,乔!各位快看! – 这是什么?鱼子酱! |
[00:28] | Could you put this on ice, Frieda? | 弗里达,能不能把这冷冻一下? |
[00:31] | – Are you expecting a Mr Ferry? – I am, yes. | – 你们有谁约了一个叫费里的先生吗? – 我约的,是的。 |
[00:33] | You are? | – 什么?妈妈? – 查尔斯・费里? |
[00:35] | He just got out of prison. He has no family… | 他才从监狱出来。别紧张,他无家可回… 原谅我事先没告诉你们, |
[00:38] | but we can be his friends. | – 但是我们可以成为他的朋友。 – 什么? |
[00:40] | You’re letting a criminal in our house? | 你让一个罪犯来我们屋子里? |
[00:42] | He’s paid his debt to society. | 等等,他已经向社会偿还了他犯的罪。 |
[00:45] | – He has not paid… – Don’t start. | – 他没有偿还… – 别这么说,我不想听。 |
[00:47] | Society forgave him his debt, he didn’t pay his debt to society. | 不!社会赦免了他犯的罪, 而不是他向社会偿还了他犯的罪。 |
[00:50] | How’d I get a kid on the other end of the political scale? I failed. | 我最终怎么会有这么个儿子, 他的政治见解和我完全背道而驰?我真失败! |
[00:55] | You didn’t fail. | 你没有失败,爸爸。 |
[00:56] | If I was you, i’d hide the silverware. | 如果我是你,我现在就开始把这些银器具藏起来。 |
[00:59] | Don’t be rude. He’s coming for just a drink. | 别那么没教养,斯科特,他只是过来喝一杯。 |
[01:02] | You guys have everything. | 你们什么都不缺。 |
[01:05] | Mr Ferry, hi. I’m Bob Dandridge. This is my wife, Steffi. | 费里先生,你好。我是鲍勃・丹德里奇, 这是我妻子,斯蒂菲。 |
[01:08] | Hello, Mr Ferry. Welcome to our home. | 哈喽,费里先生,欢迎来我们家,欢迎! |
[01:12] | I’d like you to meet my daughter, Skylar. | 我想让你认识一下我的女儿丝凯拉。 |
[01:15] | This is Skylar, and her fiance Holden. | 这是丝凯拉,这是她的未婚夫霍尔登。 |
[01:18] | – I’m the fiance. – Can I get you something? | – 我就是未婚夫。 – 你要来点什么喝的…? |
[01:21] | Nobody gets behind me. | 没人可以在我背后! |
[01:23] | Right, sure. Can I get you a drink? | 好的,当然。我可以给你来点什么喝的吗? |
[01:26] | Vodka. | 伏特加。 |
[01:27] | Right, well, maybe on the…? Or just…? | 好的,那么要不要加冰…?还是纯…? |
[01:32] | Straight up. | 我…我给你拿杯纯的来吧。 |
[01:34] | Honey, Mr Perr…Ferry. Sorry, he’s lived among vicious killers. | 亲爱的,佩里先生…费里先生,对不起, 他和那些穷凶极恶的杀人犯生活在一起。 |
[01:39] | – You said it. – No wonder he’s skittish. | – 说得没错。 – 所以他才那么警惕。 |
[01:41] | A lot of times a guy’ll come up behind you and swish. | 有好多次有人想从背后 给我“嗖”地来这么一下, |
[01:44] | You must get your blade out quick. Stick him or you’re dead. | 你必须…你必须飞快地拔出你的刀子, 一把捅向他,不然你就死定了。 |
[01:48] | God! Have you stuck a lot of inmates, Mr Ferry? | 天哪!你是不是…捅过很多…呃… 其他犯人,费里先生? |
[01:52] | Enough. | 足够多。 |
[01:53] | The doorbell. | 亲爱的,门…门…门铃响了。 |
[01:55] | Excuse me, I need to get in front of you here. | – 劳驾,我要从你面前走过,对不起。 – “足够多”是多少? |
[01:58] | Would you like another? | 这酒怎么样?还行吗?要不要再来一点? |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:964个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:129个,六级词汇:66个,GRE词汇:73个,托福词汇:93个,考研词汇:149个,专四词汇:116个,专八词汇:24个, 所有生词标注共:279个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:00] | Hi. Hello. How are you? | 嗨,哈喽,你们好! |
[02:02] | Happy birthday, Steffi. | 生日快乐,斯蒂菲! |
[02:06] | Thank you, Lynn. Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你,林恩,谢谢你们能来。 |
[02:09] | I have someone I want you to meet, Mr Ferry. | 我想让你和他们认识一下,费里先生。 |
[02:12] | This is my good friend, Lynn. | 费里先生,我想介绍一下。 这是费里先生。这是我好朋友,林恩。 |
[02:16] | And Arnold. This is my friend. | 这是阿诺德。阿诺德,这是我朋友。 |
[02:18] | Mr Ferry is just out of prison. | – 费里先生才从监狱里出来。 – 是的,看得出来。 |
[02:21] | Parole came through, but i’d have got out anyway. | 假释获得通过,但即使没有, 我也可以想方设法出来。 |
[02:24] | – Really? – What do you mean? | – 是吗? – 对不起,你这是什么意思? |
[02:27] | Ice the guard. No pictures, sister. | – 做掉警卫。不许拍照,姐姐。 – 对不起。 |
[02:30] | What do you mean? | 做掉警卫?你什么意思,做掉警卫? |
[02:32] | Ice him, and get out through the air shaft. | – 做掉他,然后通过通风井逃脱。 – 做掉?真的吗?好…… |
[02:34] | Get behind him with a box cutter, rip out his carotid artery. | 手握开盒刀挪到他身后, 一把割穿他的颈动脉。 |
[02:39] | May I have a glass of white wine? | 我可以要一杯白葡萄酒吗? |
[02:41] | We have some inside. | 我有…我们有白葡萄酒在里面。 |
[02:43] | You must be careful though. | 但是你必须非常小心。 |
[02:46] | Guy on Cell Block 4 tried it and didn’t have the angles figured. | 4区号子里的一个家伙曾想这样做, 但是没掌握好时机, |
[02:49] | Got his tit caught in the wringer. | – 结果是惨遭大刑,奶头都被拧掉了。 – 真的吗?太可怕了! |
[02:51] | – Take him on the terrace. – I need to sit down. | – 带他去屋顶阳台。 – 里面有椅子。 |
[02:54] | Yes, the terrace. Big, wide-open spaces. | – 我们到屋顶阳台上去吧。有大的、开阔的空间。 – 对,好主意,可以看风景。 |
[02:58] | You sure this guy is rehabilitated? | 你肯定这家伙已经改邪归正了吗? |
[03:01] | He was in prison, not a finishing school. | 亲爱的,他从监狱里出来, 而不是…女子家政学校。 |
[03:03] | You know my sentiments, but very happy birthday. | 你知道我会怎么想, 但是还是要祝你生日快乐。 |
[03:07] | A birthday song for Steffi. | 献给斯蒂菲的生日快乐歌。 |
[03:12] | Looking at you while troubles are fleeing… | 望着你我就无忧无虑, |
[03:17] | I’m admiring the view… | 我羡慕的美景… |
[03:19] | ‘Cause it’s you that I’m seeing. | 就是望着你。 |
[03:22] | And the sweet honeydew of well-being… | 幸福而甜美的甘露… |
[03:26] | settles on me. | 降临于我。 |
[03:32] | What is this light that shines when you enter… | 你的出现,带来怎样的光芒? |
[03:36] | Iike a star in the night? | 仿佛夜空星光闪亮。 |
[03:39] | And what’s to prevent her from destroying my sight… | 没有人能破坏我的美景, |
[03:44] | if you centre it all on me? | 因为你已经成为我一切的中心。 |
[03:52] | Looking at you, I’m filled with the essence of… | 望着你,我从心底里洋溢着… |
[03:57] | the quintessence of joy. | 快乐的精髓。 |
[04:01] | Looking at you, I hear poets tellin’ of… | 望着你,我听见了赞美美丽的… |
[04:07] | Lovely Helen of Troy. | 特洛伊城海伦的诗歌。 |
[04:10] | Darling, life seemed so grey… | 亲爱的,以往的日子暗淡无光, |
[04:15] | I’ve wanted to end it. | 我总想了结。 |
[04:17] | Till that marvellous day… | 直到那奇妙的一天,你的出现… |
[04:20] | you started to mend it. | 改变了这一切。 |
[04:22] | And if you’ll only stay… | 如果你能留下来, |
[04:25] | then i’ll spend it with you. | 我会一直凝望你。 |
[04:36] | Sweetie. | 太甜蜜了! |
[04:42] | I’m gonna get some drinks. Want anything? | 我去拿点喝的来。你要什么吗? |
[04:45] | No thanks, but can you get Steffi’s present from the car? | 不,谢谢。但你去拿之前,能不能出去 取一下我给斯蒂菲的礼物,我忘在车里了? |
[04:50] | Here. | – 噢,当然。 – 霍尔登,钥匙。 |
[04:54] | Enjoying the view? | 你喜欢这风景吗? |
[04:56] | I like any view after years in that stinking rat hole. | 我喜欢任何风景,在我年复一年地 呆在那个臭气熏天的耗子洞里之后。 |
[05:00] | Very vividly put. Sweetly honest. | 噢,比方得太生动了,说真话。 |
[05:04] | You know what solitary’s like? | 你知道单独囚禁是什么感觉吗? |
[05:07] | No, I can’t say I do. | 不,我想我不知道。 |
[05:09] | I went to NYU. I didn’t live in the dorm. | 我上过纽约大学,很好的学校, 但我没在宿舍里住过…… |
[05:12] | Been a long time since I smelled perfume. | 我很久没有闻到香水味了。 |
[05:15] | Do I have too much on? | 噢,我是不是洒得太多了? |
[05:17] | You smell like what I think heaven would smell like. | 你的香味对我来说就像是 我闻到了天堂的味道。 |
[05:20] | Well, thank you. Very nice. | 噢,谢谢,不错。 |
[05:23] | When you shook my hand… | 你刚才和我握手时, |
[05:25] | I thought my heart would stop. | 我想我的心脏都快停止跳动了。 |
[05:27] | Oh, that’s sweet. | 噢,你真会说话。 |
[05:30] | But remember, you’ve been deprived of female contact. | 你看,你已经很长时间没接触过女人了。 |
[05:33] | I used to lie in my cell and dream of someone like you. | 我常常躺在我的房间里, 梦想着像你一样的女孩。 |
[05:39] | I took a Criminology course at college. Very insightful. | 噢,在大学时我上过 “犯罪学”这门课,很长见识…… |
[05:43] | You got very sensual lips. | 你的嘴唇很性感。 |
[05:46] | It’s a part of me I rarely think of. | 噢…呃…这个部位我没怎么想过。 |
[05:49] | Can I smell your hair? | 我能闻一下你的头发吗? |
[05:50] | Smell my hair? Okay. | 你想闻我的头发?好吧。 |
[05:53] | You know what? it’ll be gone soon. I’m thinking of cutting it. | 你知道吗?它可能马上就要没了, 我在想把它剪掉。 |
[05:58] | Holden might like that. | 我想霍尔登可能喜欢短发。 |
[05:59] | If you were my girl… | 你知道你要是我的女孩,我会怎么做吗? |
[06:02] | It’s a little chilly outside. | 嗯…外面有点凉,也许我应该进去了…… |
[06:05] | I’d make love to you in every room in the house. | 你要是我的女孩,我就在房内的 每一间屋子里和你做爱, |
[06:10] | On every bed. | 在每一张床上, |
[06:13] | On every rug. | 在每一块地毯上, |
[06:15] | On every tabletop. | 在每一个桌面上和你做爱。 |
[06:18] | We also have some lovely Early-American chandeliers. | 我们还有些可爱的 从“古董美国”买的枝形吊灯。 |
[06:23] | Let’s go for a drive. | 我们出去兜兜风吧。 |
[06:28] | I don’t think it’s such a good idea. | 呃…不,我不认为这是个好主意。 |
[06:31] | I haven’t seen the ocean or been to Harlem or Chinatown in years. | 我有好多年没见到大海了, 或去哈莱姆和唐人街了。 |
[06:35] | No, it’s out of the question. | 噢…不,不可能的。 |
[06:38] | Okay, but you can’t blame me for trying. | 好吧,但你不能责怪我想尝试一下吧。 |
[06:40] | No, I think we should go inside before… | 没有。我想我们应该回到里面去了,在…… |
[06:43] | Before what? | 在什么? |
[06:45] | Before you break your parole. | 在你违反你的假释条例之前。 |
[06:48] | If I took you in my arms and kissed you, would you dime on me? | 如果现在我就抱住你并亲吻你, 你会卖了我吗? |
[06:54] | Dime? | 卖了? |
[06:55] | Turn me in. | 告发我。 |
[06:56] | Let’s not find out. | 噢,你最好别试。 |
[07:11] | How was it? | 怎么样? |
[07:17] | Very interesting. | 很有意思。 |
[07:20] | I’ve never been kissed by a sociopath before. | 我以前从没被一个社会渣滓亲吻过。 |
[07:24] | I kissed you the best I could. The only practice I had in 10 years… | 我尽我所能吻的你,考虑到这十年里 我唯一能做的练习就是和… |
[07:30] | is with Vincent ‘The Thumb’ Adatto. | 文森特・“大拇哥”・阿达托亲吻。 |
[07:44] | Vincent ‘The Thumb’ doesn’t know what he’s missing. | 天呐,文森特・“大拇哥” 这下要怀念你了。 |
[07:50] | Can I see you again? | 我可以再见你吗? |
[07:56] | You know I’m getting married. | 你知道我快结婚了。 |
[08:01] | I could show the world how to smile. | 我能够向世界展示如何微笑; |
[08:06] | I could be glad… | 我能够一直… |
[08:08] | all of the while. | 兴高采烈; |
[08:12] | I could change the grey skies to blue. | 我能够使阴郁的天空变蓝; |
[08:16] | If i had you. | 如果我拥有你。 |
[08:23] | I could leave the old days behind… | 我能够将往日岁月抛在脑后, |
[08:27] | Leave all my pals, i’d never mind. | 离开我的伙伴,我不会介意; |
[08:34] | I could start my life all anew. | 我能够重启我的人生; |
[08:38] | If i had you.. | 如果我拥有你。 |
[08:44] | I could climb the snow-capped mountains… | 我能够攀上雪山的峰顶, |
[08:50] | sail the mighty ocean wide. | 在狂暴无垠的海洋中航行; |
[08:55] | I could cross the burning desert. | 我能够横贯燃烧的沙漠; |
[09:01] | If i had you by my side. | 如果有你和我相伴。 |
[09:06] | I could be a king, uncrowned… | 我能够成为无冕的国王, |
[09:10] | Humble, poor, rich, renowned. | 无论卑微还是著名,贫穷还是富有; |
[09:17] | There is nothing I couldn’t do. | 我无所不能; |
[09:21] | If i had you. | 如果我拥有你。 |
[09:37] | He’s en route to New York now, and he’s wonderful. | 他现在正在往纽约来的路上, 他太奇妙了。 |
[09:41] | It’s been like… | 好像是经过… |
[09:43] | a chance meeting after all these years with a true soul mate. | 这许多年之后,因缘际会忽然就 遇上了这么个真正的知心伴侣。 |
[09:47] | He senses my every need. Like he knows what I’m thinking. | 你知道,他能够感知我所有的需要, 像是知道我在想什么。 |
[09:51] | It’s your fantasy come true. | 你的幻想成真了。 |
[09:53] | It is. I still can’t believe it. | 是…是的,我…我仍然不敢相信。 |
[09:56] | You know, it’s not that he’s tall… | 你知道,不是因为他的个子… |
[10:00] | or handsome, but he’s… | 或他的容貌,而是他的… |
[10:02] | He’s magical. | 他有种魔力。 |
[10:04] | And he feels me in a way no man ever has done before. | 他爱抚我的方式也很奇特, 以前从没有其他男人这样摸过我。 |
[10:10] | He’s romantic and sexy and… | 他浪漫而又性感…… |
[10:13] | I had this dream… | 我做过这样一个梦, |
[10:15] | that I was in bed with him… | 我和他在床上, |
[10:18] | and he was kissing my earlobes… | 他亲吻我的耳垂, |
[10:21] | and then he started stroking my shoulder blades. | 然后他开始抚摸我的肩胛。 |
[10:24] | And I nearly had an orgasm. | 我几乎来了高潮。 |
[10:27] | I had a lot of neat stuff to tell Dad. | 我又收集了很多猛料要告诉老爸。 |
[10:29] | He’d really made a big score with Von. | 他真的在芳身上大获全胜。 |
[10:32] | But now i’ve got to stop for a minute… | 但是现在,我必须暂停一分钟, |
[10:35] | because no matter how we humans like to think we control things… | 因为不管人们如何以为他们能够 掌控世间万物, |
[10:39] | that’s not how it works. | 但有时事与愿违。 |
[10:41] | Suddenly, with no warning… | 突然地,没有任何征兆, |
[10:43] | Grandpa died. | 爷爷去世了。 |
[10:45] | It was in his sleep, peaceful, with no suffering… | 他躺在那儿,平静安详,不再有痛苦, |
[10:49] | but it made philosophers of us all. | 而我们个个成了哲学家。 |
[10:51] | When your number is up, your number is up. | 如果你的日子尽了, 那么你的日子就到了。 |
[10:55] | That’s why it’s important that… | 所以这点非常重要, |
[10:57] | we cherish each moment of our lives. | 我们必须珍惜每一刻,我们生命的每一刻。 |
[11:02] | And not smoke. | 不要吸烟。 |
[11:03] | Smoke? | 吸烟? |
[11:05] | Pop smoked for 70 years, you know? | 我是说他…爸爸吸了70年的烟,你知道? |
[11:09] | He never exercised. He ate cholesterol and fatty foods. | 而且他从不运动,他什么都吃, 他吃高胆固醇的饱含脂肪的食物。 |
[11:14] | He died at a healthy, ripe old age. | 而他活到高龄,健康自然而死。 |
[11:17] | I haven’t had steak for so long. I love steak. | 我太久没吃到牛排了,我喜欢牛排。 |
[11:20] | That’s disgusting. | 真讨厌。 |
[11:21] | I’d kill for some marbleised meat. | 我要吃五花肉,馋死了。 |
[11:24] | Now they say 6 cups of coffee a day… | 有人说一天喝六杯咖啡可以预防… |
[11:28] | prevents colon cancer. | 可以预防结肠癌。 |
[11:31] | Last week it was bad for you. | 上星期你做得不好。 |
[11:33] | What’s it all about? I mean, what…? | 这有什么意义?我是说,我们… |
[11:37] | What are we doing? We’re rushing! | 我们都在干什么?我们忙忙碌碌! |
[11:39] | That’s right. | 没错。 |
[11:40] | Where are we going? | 我们要去向何方? |
[11:42] | Into the void. | 去向空虚。 |
[11:44] | – The void. – That’s it. | 没错,就是空虚,你知道。 |
[11:46] | – I never believed in God. – Oh, come. | – 就这么回事。我从没信过上帝。 – 噢,得了。 |
[11:48] | No, I didn’t, even as a kid. I remember I used to think… | 真的,我没信过,甚至在我很小的时候。 我以前经常…经常想,我记得的, |
[11:52] | ‘Even if He exists, He’s done such a terrible job…’ | 我以前想:“就算他真的存在, 他也干得太差劲了。” |
[11:56] | ‘It’s a wonder people don’t file a class action suit against Him.’ | “真奇怪人们怎么没有,你知道, 联合起来,共同起诉他。” |
[12:00] | You shouldn’t say that. | 你在说什么啊。 |
[12:01] | We’re not here just because of the new physics. | 我们聚集在这里,不是为了 来探讨什么“新物理学”的。 |
[12:04] | You must believe in something. | 你总该信仰点什么吧。 |
[12:06] | The dignity of man. | 人的尊严。 |
[12:08] | The flat tax, the right to bear arms and school prayer. | 我信仰单一税制、有权携带武器和在校祈祷。 |
[12:11] | If nobody’s out there, who’re they praying to? | 如果上面空空如也,他们向谁祈祷? |
[12:14] | Don’t start arguing in front of Grandpa now. | – 别吵了。 – 拜托!拜托别在爷爷面前争吵,行吗? |
[12:20] | I can’t believe you. | 我无法相信。 |
[12:21] | One moment. He wasn’t an atheist or a Republican, or a Democrat. | 等等,他不是无神论者,他不是 共和党人,他甚至不是民主党人。 |
[12:25] | He must’ve been something. | 妈,他一定是什么吧。 |
[12:27] | He was a foot fetishist. | 他是个恋足癖者。 |
[12:29] | The only group I remember he belonged to. | 这是我记得的他唯一参加过的组织。 |
[12:32] | – That’s true. – It drove your mother crazy. | – 没错。 – 你都快让你妈疯了。 |
[12:36] | Pop, is that you? | 老爸,那是你吗? |
[12:37] | I have one message for you. | 我有话和你说。 |
[12:40] | You work and work for years and years… | 你工作啊工作,一年又一年, |
[12:43] | always on the go. | 总是忙得团团转, |
[12:45] | You never take a minute off… | 却从不停歇片刻, |
[12:47] | too busy making dough. | 太忙于挣钱。 |
[12:49] | Someday, you say, you’ll have your fun… | 有一天你说,在你成为大富翁之后, |
[12:51] | when you’re a millionaire. Imagine all the fun you’ll have… | 你会享受生活。 设想一下当你坐在破摇椅上, |
[12:55] | in your old rocking chair. | 还会有什么乐趣? |
[13:05] | Enjoy yourself… | 享受生活, |
[13:07] | it’s later than you think. | 否则后悔晚矣。 |
[13:09] | Enjoy yourself… | 享受生活, |
[13:11] | while you’re still in the pink. | 当你还年富力强。 |
[13:13] | The years go by… | 岁月流逝, |
[13:16] | as quickly as a wink. | 似白驹过隙。 |
[13:18] | Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself… | 享受生活,享受生活, |
[13:20] | it’s later than you think. | 否则后悔晚矣。 |
[13:25] | Another birthday’s here and gone, you’ve turned another page. | 又一个生日来了又走, 你又翻过了一页。 |
[13:30] | Suddenly you realise… | 忽然之间你意识到… |
[13:32] | that you’ve reached middle age. | 你已经人到中年。 |
[13:34] | Think of all the fun you’ve missed, makes you kind of sad… | 想想你错过的那些快乐 使你略感悲哀。 |
[13:38] | It’s better to have had your wish than to have wished you had. | 与其说“我希望我已经”, 不如说“我已经实现了我希望”。 |
[14:19] | Enjoy yourself… | 享受生活, |
[14:21] | it’s later than you think. | 否则后悔晚矣。 |
[14:23] | Enjoy yourself… | 享受生活, |
[14:25] | while you’re still in the pink. | 当你还年富力强。 |
[14:27] | The years go by… | 岁月流逝, |
[14:29] | as quickly as a wink. | 似白驹过隙。 |
[14:31] | Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself… | 享受生活,享受生活, |
[14:34] | it’s later than you think. | 否则后悔晚矣。 |
[14:45] | That was… | 这…太… |
[14:46] | unbelievable. | 不可思议了。 |
[14:51] | Just every… | 你做的… |
[14:54] | thing you did… | 每一件事, |
[14:57] | and all the… | 你做的… |
[14:59] | things you did. | 所有的事, |
[15:02] | Absolutely perfect. | 都完美无缺。 |
[15:05] | Actually, it wasn’t perfect. | 事实上并非完美无缺,我… |
[15:07] | At one point I stroked when I should have hick eyed… | 在我应该发丘疹的时候, 我…我却中了风, |
[15:11] | but you know, I apologise. | 但是你知道,我要道歉。 |
[15:15] | I feel limp. | 我感到…我感到软绵绵的。 |
[15:18] | You know, I’d really love you to come to Paris with me. | 你看,我真的非常希望 你能和我一起去巴黎, |
[15:21] | I’m serious. | 真心诚意。 |
[15:23] | Paris? | 是吗?巴黎? |
[15:25] | And then Bora-Bora? | 然后去波拉-波拉? |
[15:27] | Well, yes. Bora-Bora, but Paris first and then… | 噢,是的,波拉-波拉, 但…但是先去巴黎,然后… |
[15:30] | we’d work our way down to at least one of the Boras. | 我们…我们想法子至少去…嗯… 两个“波拉”中的一个。 |
[15:34] | We can live in your garret. | 我们可以住在你的阁楼房间。 |
[15:37] | Technically, when I say garret… | 从技术性的角度来说,当我说“阁楼”时, |
[15:39] | it is a garret, yet… | 很有趣,它…它是指一间阁楼,然而…… |
[15:41] | And drink wine and eat snails till the dawn comes up. | 喝着葡萄酒,吃着蜗牛,直到晨曦微露。 |
[15:44] | Snails? | – 蜗牛? – 对! |
[15:46] | Remember? You said you also loved waking up in the night… | 不记得啦?你说过你也喜欢在半夜醒来, |
[15:51] | drinking wine and eating snails. | 坐在床上边吃蜗牛边喝葡萄酒。 |
[15:53] | I said it was such a coincidence. | 是啊,我说怎么会这么巧啊。 |
[15:55] | Well, they’re molluscs. | 嗯…它们是软体动物, |
[15:58] | I love a good mollusc. | 我…我喜欢上等的软体动物。 |
[16:02] | What? The wedding’s off? | 你什么意思?婚礼没了? |
[16:05] | Exactly. I gave back his ring. | 就像我说的。我把戒指还给他了。 |
[16:07] | Why? | 为什么? |
[16:08] | There’s someone else I can’t get out of my mind. | 因为有另外的人让我难以忘怀。 |
[16:11] | But you’re in love with Holden. | 什么?但是你爱霍尔登。 |
[16:13] | No. At least, I’m not sure. | 不,爸,我不爱他。至少我不能肯定。 |
[16:16] | And I can’t cheat on him while I decide. | 我不能欺骗他,因为我决定…… |
[16:18] | Cheat? He’s going to be your husband! | – 欺骗他?霍尔登马上是你丈夫了! – 不,爸爸! |
[16:20] | In November. I’ll show you the receipts from the caterers. | 就在十一月。我给你看看, 这些都是承办婚宴的收据。 |
[16:23] | Calm your denial mechanism. | 鲍勃,收敛一下你的否定装置。 |
[16:25] | Holden is wonderful, but someone else came into my life. | 我不是说霍尔登有什么不好, 只是有另外的人闯入了我的生活, |
[16:30] | I must see where it goes. It’d be unfair to Holden if not. | 我想看看结果究竟会怎样。如果我 不这样试一下,对霍尔登也不公平。 |
[16:33] | Now we’ve bought the wedding dress… | 好吧,行。既然我们已经给你 买好了优美的婚礼服, |
[16:36] | tell us who this new Prince Charming is. | 你能不能告诉我这个 突然冒出来的“魅力王子”是谁? |
[16:39] | You don’t know him. Well, you do, but not like I do. | 嗯…你不认识他。好吧,你也认识, 只是没有像我那么了解。 |
[16:42] | I’m sick. | 我很难受。 |
[16:43] | My oesophagus is in spasms. | – 噢,亲爱的,你怎么了? – 我很难受,我的食管开始痉挛了。 |
[16:46] | Go have a drink of water. | 去喝一点水吧。 |
[16:48] | Look what you’re doing to your father. | 瞧瞧你对你父亲做了什么! |
[16:49] | Who has come between you and Holden? | 好吧,那个挡在你和霍尔登之间的是谁? |
[16:52] | Well, he’s bright and charming. | – 嗯…他很聪明,很迷人, – 很好。 |
[16:55] | Rough on the outside, but that can change. | 外表有点粗犷,但那可以改变。 |
[16:58] | Who is it? Will you tell us, or is this like a game show? | 他是谁?你到底想不想告诉我们, 还是你只是想吊我们胃口? |
[17:01] | You remember Charles Ferry? | 你们还记得查尔斯・费里吗? |
[17:04] | Pardon me? | – 你说谁? – 查尔斯・费里。 |
[17:06] | For a minute I thought she said Charles Ferry. | 噢,天呐,我刚才好像听到她说查尔斯・费里。 |
[17:09] | Now my oesophagus is starting to move. | 现在我的食管开始动起来了。 |
[17:11] | The escaped convict? | – 查尔斯・费里?那个逃犯? – 亲爱的!丝凯拉! |
[17:15] | Ex-convict. He has a college degree. | 前罪犯。他有大学学位。 |
[17:18] | This is a psychotic episode. | 不…不,丝凯拉,我这么跟你说吧, 你现在精神不太正常。 |
[17:21] | You need shock treatment, or industrial-strength Prozac. | 你需要帮助,你需要休克治疗, 或用强力的精神病治疗药物。 |
[17:25] | Mom, you understand. | 妈妈,你知道吗? |
[17:26] | He’s incredibly animalistic. | 他身上有一种不可思议的动物性。 |
[17:30] | So we turn him over to the zoo. | 好啊,那我们把他交到动物园去。 |
[17:32] | And yet, he’s a child. | 另一方面,他又象个孩子。 |
[17:33] | Okay, we’ll make it the children’s zoo. | 好啊,为什么不呢? 我们把它变成孩子们的动物园好了。 |
[17:36] | He’s a criminal! | 他是个罪犯! |
[17:38] | I’m shocked. You’ve been singing his praises for months. | 妈,我深感震惊! 是你这几个月来一直为他大唱赞歌。 |
[17:41] | As a social symbol, not as a person to be with my child… | 是的,没错。但那只是作为一个社会象征, 而非一个真实的人和我的孩子…… |
[17:46] | How are you going to go out with this man? | 你怎么可能和这样的男人在一起? |
[17:49] | You can’t get behind him. He won’t let you. | 你甚至不能…不能在他身后。 他不会让你在他身后。 |
[17:52] | You scratch his back, he’ll knife you. | 你想替他抓背,他会手刃了你。 |
[17:55] | Under all that veneer is a very soulful young attorney. | 透过他的外表,你可以看到一位 充满热情的年轻的律师。 |
[17:58] | I was hoping you’d find a place for him in your firm. | 说实话,我指望你能在 你的律师行里给他找个位置。 |
[18:01] | Sure, as treasurer. With Holden. | 当然,我让他管财务, 和霍尔登共用一个房间。 |
[18:04] | Speaking as a woman, Holden can be very animal, too. | 丝凯拉,作为女人,我想说 霍尔登也可以表现出很强的动物性。 |
[18:08] | Yes, Mom, but it’s of the gerbil family. | – 是的,妈妈,但那是沙鼠家族。 – 噢,看你说的。到外面去玩!到外面去玩! |
[18:11] | As your father, I forbid you to see this man Charles Ferry! | 作为你父亲,我禁止你再去见 这个叫查尔斯・费里的男人! |
[18:15] | You will marry Holden! | 你必须按计划和霍尔登完婚! |
[18:17] | As head of this house, I command it! I decree it! | 作为这个家庭的首脑, 我命令这样!我发布命令! |
[18:21] | Thou shalt wed thy intended! | “汝必如期行婚!” |
[18:24] | Okay, let’s get a drink. | – 好的,过来吧,我们去喝点东西。 – 就这样! |
[18:26] | You sound tiresomely Biblical. | 你听上去像是在颁发令人厌烦的伪圣旨。 |
[18:29] | ‘Tiresomely BiblicaI’? is this Noel Coward with hockey? | “令人厌烦的伪圣旨”?你什么意思?在说 诺埃尔・科沃德【英国演员、剧作家】玩曲棍球? |
[18:32] | – I won’t let her waste her life. – She’s a grown woman. | – 我绝不允许她把生命浪费在一个歹徒身上。 – 她已经是个成年人了。 |
[18:36] | You! | – 是你! – 什么? |
[18:37] | You got him out of jail! | 你…你把他弄出监狱的! |
[18:39] | This is my fault now? | 噢,现在变成了我的不是了? |
[18:41] | Honey, what’s wrong? | 亲爱的,你怎么啦?出什么事了? |
[18:44] | Jeffrey Vandermost asked Lane out, not me. | 杰弗里・凡德摩斯特 约了莲恩出去,而不是我。 |
[18:48] | My God! How will I face Arnold and Lynn Spence? | 噢,我的上帝!我怎么面对 阿诺德和林恩・思朋斯? |
[18:52] | Is that all you’re thinking about? | 你想的就只有这个吗? |
[18:54] | We bought a racehorse together. He’ll want to cut it in half! | 我们合伙买了一匹赛马, 他会把它一劈两半的! |
[18:58] | We both liked him, and today… | 我们俩都喜欢他,今天… |
[19:01] | he asked if we could talk alone so I got all excited. | 他问我能不能和我单独谈谈, 于是我兴奋死了。 |
[19:04] | Then he asked me if I thought Lane would go out with him… | 然后他征求我的意见,问莲恩 会不会和他一起去康涅狄格… |
[19:08] | to a dance in Connecticut. | 参加一个舞会。 |
[19:10] | He has a mad crush on her. | 他迷上她了,不能自拔。 |
[19:12] | These things happen. | 噢,有的时候事情就是这样的。 |
[19:14] | Feelings are feeling and sometimes… | 我是说,你知道,感情就是感情,有时…… |
[19:16] | I’m through with love. | 我的爱完结了, |
[19:19] | I’ll never fall again. | 再也不会堕入情网。 |
[19:21] | What are you saying? You’re 14! You’ll fall again. | 你在说什么啊?你才十四岁! 你当然会再次堕入情网。 |
[19:24] | Look, guys, I’m sorry. | 听着,各位,我真难过。 |
[19:27] | I thought you’d be happy for me. I hope in time you understand. | 我以为你们会为我高兴。 我希望你们能尽快理解我。 |
[19:31] | I’m through with love. I’ll never fall again. | 我的爱完结了, 再也不会堕入情网。 |
[19:34] | What are you singing about? You’re not in love with Holden! | 你唱个什么劲? 你又没爱上霍尔登!不是吗? |
[19:39] | I’m through with love. | 我的爱完结了, |
[19:42] | I’ll never fall again. | 再也不会堕入情网。 |
[19:46] | said ‘adieu’ to love… | 和爱说“再会”, |
[19:49] | Don’t ever call again. | 再也不会呼唤。 |
[19:52] | Incidentally, while Skylar was breaking up with Holden… | 顺便提一下,在丝凯拉和 霍尔登分手的同时, |
[19:55] | I broke up with Ken, the one I met at the airport. | 我也和肯分手了,还记得吗? 我在机场碰到的那位。 |
[19:59] | Because I met this rap singer. | 因为我遇见了这位说唱歌手。 |
[20:01] | This guy is just so talented and sexy and… | 我想说这家伙那么才华横溢, 那么性感,那么…… |
[20:05] | he just says it all. | 你知道,他全靠说。 |
[20:07] | I’m through with love and through with all you motherfuckers. | 听着,我受够了爱,受够了 他妈的你们这帮混蛋。 |
[20:10] | Feeling mad shitty? Burn down the city! | 感觉糟糕透顶? 把城市烧为平地! |
[20:12] | Take it over for the brothers. | 弟兄们起来攻占它。 |
[20:15] | Burn it up! Come on! Blow it up! | 烧掉它!加油!炸掉它!揶! |
[20:20] | Your eyes of blue… | 你的眼睛是蓝色的, |
[20:23] | your kisses too. | 你的吻是忧郁的, |
[20:25] | I never knew what they could do. | 我不知道它们会怎样影响我。 |
[20:29] | I can’t believe… | 我不敢相信… |
[20:32] | that you’re in love with me. | 你会爱上我。 |
[20:42] | I love the country. The air smells so fresh. | 我喜欢乡间,空气闻起来真新鲜。 |
[20:49] | Charles… | 查尔斯… |
[20:51] | where did you get the money for everything, and the car? | 你哪来的钱买这些东西的,这辆车? |
[20:57] | You know. Loans. | 呃…你知道,贷款。 |
[21:01] | It’s a great idea to take a walk here. It’s beautiful. | 噢,这个主意真不错, 到这儿来散步。这里太美了。 |
[21:05] | Yeah. What time is it? | 是啊,是啊,现在几点了? |
[21:08] | Four o’clock. | 四点。 |
[21:09] | Oh, good. | 噢,好。 |
[21:10] | Just thought you’d want to walk around and see the fall leaves. | 我想你会喜欢四处走走, 看看秋天的叶子。 |
[21:17] | They are stunning. | 美得眩目。 |
[21:18] | Amazing what you miss in the joint. No seasons. A grey nothing. | 监狱里什么都没有, 没有季节,一切都灰茫茫的。 |
[21:23] | What are your plans? Not to work in the restaurant forever. | 你对未来有什么打算?我想象不出 你会一直在餐馆打工吧。 |
[21:27] | You’re right. Work all day for a few lousy bucks? I got big plans. | 你说得没错。为了几个臭子儿成天 拼死卖力?我有大的计划。 |
[21:32] | Like pursuing a law career? | 比如从事法律行业? |
[21:35] | What? | 什么? |
[21:36] | A lawyer? | 成为律师? |
[21:37] | Yeah, yeah, sure. | 噢,是啊,当然。 |
[21:41] | You hear something? | 你听见什么没有? |
[21:43] | A bird? | 一只鸟儿? |
[21:46] | Here they come. Timing’s perfect. | 这下他们来了,真准时。 |
[21:47] | I’m running as fast as I can. | 我尽快跑来了。 |
[21:49] | Move it! | 快点! |
[21:50] | Gotta get out of here! | 快点!我们离开这里! |
[21:51] | I’m going! | 等等,我来了! |
[21:57] | Back in action! | 重新行动! |
[21:59] | – Way to go, Ferry! – Got anything lined up? | – 出发吧,费里! – 一切都准备妥啦? |
[22:01] | Who’s she? | – 是的。走吧! – 她是谁? |
[22:03] | She’s a friend. | 呃…一个朋友。 |
[22:09] | Why’d you shoot? He was emptying the register. | 你为什么开枪?他不正从 收银机里取出所有的钱吗? |
[22:13] | Take it easy! I got nervous! | 别指责我!我太紧张了! |
[22:16] | Just let me out at the corner of Park and 93rd. | 查尔斯,让我在公园和93街拐角下车。 |
[22:24] | Let me out! I want out of this car! | 查尔斯,让我下车!我想下车! |
[22:27] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[22:31] | I’ll be quiet! Just let me out! | 我会安静的!快让我下车! |
[22:34] | Shut her up, or I shut her up. | 让她闭嘴!否则我让她闭嘴! |
[22:39] | Get out! | 下去! |
[22:52] | By October, Von had gotten up the nerve to leave Greg. | 到十月份,芳终于鼓足勇气 离开了格雷格。 |
[22:56] | She got a ticket on Air France and took the first plane to Paris. | 她买了张“法航”的飞机票, 登上了飞往巴黎的第一个航班。 |
[23:00] | Dad had given up his flat on the Left Bank… | 与此同时,老爸已经放弃了 他在“左岸”的公寓, |
[23:04] | moving into a place he knew would be Von’s Parisian fantasy. | 搬到了一个新的地方,他知道那会 完全符合芳的“巴黎式公寓”的幻想。 |
[23:09] | He began guitar lessons… | 他除了学习吉他课程, |
[23:11] | and even exchanged his word processor for an old typewriter. | 他把他的文字处理软件 换成了一台旧的便携式打字机。 |
[23:19] | I’m so happy to see you. | 见到你太高兴了。 |
[23:22] | God, look at your place! | 天哪,看看你住的地方! |
[23:25] | This is out of a movie. Or a… This is like my dream. | 这只有在电影里才有,或是在梦… 这就是我的梦! |
[23:29] | This is my dream apartment. My dream view, right here. | 这是我梦中的房间, 我梦中的风景,就在这里。 |
[23:35] | Back in New York, it was Halloween. | 回到纽约这边,“万圣节”到了。 |
[23:37] | That’s my favourite holiday. | 这是我最喜欢的节日。 |
[23:39] | All the kids in the building come trick-or- treating and… | 楼里所有的小孩都在玩 “不给糖就捣蛋”的游戏, |
[23:42] | they all just look so great. | 他们都打扮得很个性。 |
[23:45] | What a little moonlight can do. | 唔…唔,一点月光会改变什么? |
[23:53] | What a little moonlight can do to you! | 唔…唔,一点月光会改变你什么? |
[24:02] | Chinatown, my Chinatown… | 唐人街,我的唐人街, |
[24:05] | where the lights are low. | 那里的路灯低垂。 |
[24:10] | In some secluded rendevouz… | 在某个隐秘的约会处…… |
[24:17] | I’m Chiquita Banana and I’ve come to say… | 我是“彻姬塔”香蕉, 我来告诉你们… |
[24:21] | bananas have to ripen in a certain way. | 香蕉必须以它特有的方式成熟。 |
[24:24] | When they’re flecked with brown and have a golden hue… | 在它金黄色的表皮上 长出褐色的斑点时, |
[24:27] | bananas taste the best and are the best for you. | 香蕉的味道最最好, 你会觉得味道最好。 |
[24:32] | You can put them in a salad. | 你可以把它放在色拉里。 |
[24:35] | You can put them in a pie…yie-yie! | 你可以把它放在馅饼里,呀…呀! |
[24:39] | Any way you want to eat them. | 无论你以何种方式吃掉它, |
[24:42] | It’s impossible to beat them! | 你都不可能忘记它! |
[24:45] | But bananas like the climate… | 但是香蕉非常象那… |
[24:47] | of the very tropical equator. | 热带赤道的天气, |
[24:51] | So you should never put bananas… | 所以你千万别把香蕉… |
[24:54] | in the refrigerator. | 放入冰箱。 |
[24:57] | No, no, no, no! | 别,别,别,别! |
[24:59] | That was great. Terrific. | 噢,太棒了!太好了! |
[25:02] | Would you like some candy? | 要糖果吗? |
[25:05] | What a banana! | 这香蕉真棒! |
[25:16] | I’m so happy to see you! | 我见到你太高兴了! |
[25:19] | I wasn’t sure. I was worried. | 我不敢肯定,我很担心。 |
[25:22] | Holden, I’m so sorry. | – 霍尔登,我很抱歉! – 不…不,嘘…嘘,没关系。 |
[25:26] | It doesn’t matter. | 没什么事,没关系的。 |
[25:29] | – I behaved terribly. – It was me, too. | – 噢,我的行为太恶劣了。 – 不,不,说真的,我也不怎么样。 |
[25:32] | – No, it was me. – I missed you. | – 不,全怪我。 – 我想你。你知道,我真的很想你。 |
[25:35] | Me too. | 我也想你。 |
[25:35] | I brought you some Cracker Jack. | 我给你买了点东西, 我给你买了“克拉克・杰克”爆米花。 |
[25:38] | He was so in love with my sister… | 霍尔登太爱我的姐姐了, |
[25:40] | that it didn’t matter that She’d given him a hard time. | 她那样苛待他,可他一点也不在意。 |
[25:44] | And Mom and Dad were so glad to see them reunited. | 妈妈和爸爸看到他们重归于好, 也高兴坏了。 |
[25:47] | He gave her back the ring, but he wanted to be romantic. | 你看他又把钻戒给了她, 不过他还是想浪漫一下, |
[25:51] | So he put it in the CrackerJacks and she swallowed it again. | 于是他把它藏在了爆米花的包装盒里, 她又一次把它吞了下去。 |
[25:57] | The rest of fall was normal… | 秋天余下的日子对我们来说… |
[25:59] | for us. | 相当正常。 |
[26:00] | The only glitch was on Thanksgiving. | 唯一的小差错发生在“感恩节”。 |
[26:03] | Just after dinner… | 刚吃完晚饭, |
[26:04] | Scott suddenly collapsed. | 斯科特突然倒地。 |
[26:06] | Everybody panicked. | 我们都惊慌失措。 |
[26:08] | There’s no cause for alarm. | 没什么可太担心的。 |
[26:11] | There was a blockage in the artery, but it’s been dissolved. | 他动脉里有点小阻塞,不过已经 完全清除。所以说他没事了。 |
[26:15] | There’s no problem? | 他完全没事了?没一点问题了? |
[26:16] | No, he’s fine. 100% . | 噢,是的,百分之百没事了。 |
[26:18] | Our scan indicated that the condition began some time ago… | 我们的检查表明他处在这种状态 有段时间了,也许发生于一年之前。 |
[26:23] | so if he’s shown any kind of strange or weird behaviour… | 因此,如果他表现出什么 怪异的或不寻常的行为, |
[26:27] | It’s because his brain wasn’t getting enough oxygen. | 也许那是因为他的大脑 得不到充足的氧气。 |
[26:31] | But as soon as his brain started functioning properly… | 他自己都没意识到, 他的大脑一开始正常工作, |
[26:36] | Scott resigned from the Conservative Republican Club… | 斯科特就退出了 “保守共和派青年俱乐部”, |
[26:39] | and started espousing left-wing Democratic philosophy. | 并开始信奉左翼民主派的自由哲学。 |
[26:42] | Dad was overjoyed. Just as proud as can be. | 老爸欣喜若狂,洋洋得意。 |
[26:47] | Remember I said New York was most beautiful in fall? | 还记得我告诉过你们 纽约的秋天最美吗? |
[26:51] | I meant the winter. | 我真的想说的是冬天最美。 |
[26:53] | At least, when it snows. Because Under a blanket of snow… | 我是说至少在下完雪后是这样。 因为覆盖在白雪形成的毯子之下, |
[26:56] | New York is truly gorgeous and… | 纽约城显示出真正的壮美, |
[26:59] | surprisingly peaceful. | 平和异常。 |
[27:01] | But when Christmas comes… | 当圣诞节来临时, |
[27:03] | we’re not the kind of family that sings carols… | 你知道,我们不像其他人家那样 热衷于悬挂礼品袜子或唱圣诞歌曲, |
[27:07] | and we don’t have a goose or anything. | 餐桌上也不一定非得有鹅,等等。 |
[27:09] | What we do is head for Paris, to spend Christmas at the Ritz. | 我们的计划是前往巴黎, 在“里兹饭店”里度过我们的圣诞假期。 |
[28:00] | Put your finger here. | 把你手指放在这儿。 |
[28:04] | He has a fever…it’s a cold. | 他发烧了…因为着凉。 |
[28:08] | Should have put on dry clothes after you fell in the fountain. | 你掉进喷水池里之后, 我就让你赶紧回家换上干衣服。 |
[28:12] | I’m okay. Go without me. I’ll be all right. | – 我没事的,你们自己去吧。我明天就好了。 – 难以置信! |
[28:15] | We don’t want to go without you. You love the Marx brothers. | 老爸,你不去,我们也不想去。 那是马克斯兄弟演的,你最喜欢的电影。 |
[28:19] | I just need some sleep. I’ll be fine. | 我只需要睡一觉,我没事的。 |
[28:22] | I’m so excited. | 我太激动了! |
[28:23] | I’m meeting this guy named Guy… or this guy named Guy. | 我遇见个叫“吉尔”的人, 也许是叫“盖伊”。 |
[28:28] | I brought you some tea. | 爸,我给你端了点茶来。 |
[28:31] | It won’t keep me awake, will it? | 这不会让我不着睡觉吧? |
[28:34] | No, it’s herbal. It’s peppermint. | 不会的,完全是草药,薄荷味的。 |
[28:40] | I’d say hello, but I’m sick and you always catch everything. | 我想问你好,可是你看,我病了。 什么事你都能赶上。 |
[28:45] | – What happened? – What’s wrong? | – 出什么事了? – 怎么回事? |
[28:47] | I’m not going tonight. | 今晚我不去了。 |
[28:49] | I knew it! | 我就知道,我就知道! |
[28:51] | – Nobody’s going? – Von left me. | – 没人去了吗? – 芳离开我了。 |
[28:54] | What happened? | 出什么事了? |
[28:55] | I have no idea, but she’s on her way back to New York. | 出什么…我也不知道出什么事了,反正现在 她已经在回纽约去的路上了。 |
[28:59] | When she first came, everything was perfect. | 她刚来的时候,一切都很完美。 |
[29:02] | She said it was like a dream had come true for her. | 她说这就像,你知道, 就像梦想成真,对她来说。 |
[29:06] | And then, suddenly… | 然后突然之间… |
[29:07] | this morning… | 就在今天早晨…… |
[29:10] | I want to go back home… | 嗯…我想回家,回到… |
[29:13] | to Greg. | 格雷格身边。 |
[29:17] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[29:18] | I don’t know what’s up with me. | 是的,我不…我不知道我怎么了。 |
[29:21] | Since when? | 从什么时候…什么时候开始有这念头的? |
[29:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[29:27] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:29] | I don’t know how to explain it exactly. | 我不知道,我不知道该怎样准确解释。 |
[29:32] | Just tell me. You know, just… | 跟我谈谈,你知道,就…… |
[29:35] | It’s not that I don’t think you’re great. | 这并不意味我认为你有什么不好,知道吗? |
[29:38] | I think you’re great. | 我认为你很好。 |
[29:42] | Just for years i’ve been married to Greg. | 只是,你看,我和格雷格结婚已经很多年了。 |
[29:45] | And he can be difficult, and we’ve had… | 他有时是有点难缠,我们也有过… |
[29:49] | our ups and downs… | 起起落落, |
[29:52] | certainly. | 当然会这样。 |
[29:53] | Since when…? | 从什么时候开始你有……? |
[29:54] | Look, I don’t know. It’s just… | 你看,我也不知道。只是…… |
[29:56] | I’ve always had this fantasy… | 我…我一直有这样的幻想, |
[30:02] | that one day i’d meet the perfect man… | 期望有一天我会遇上个完美的男人, |
[30:05] | and he’d fulfil my dreams and I would have… | 他能实现我的梦想,这样我就有了… |
[30:09] | a perfect life. | 一个完美的人生。 |
[30:11] | And that fantasy… | 这个幻想… |
[30:14] | I think, always sort of… | 我想,从某种意义上来说,一直成了… |
[30:17] | was part of this dissatisfaction I had with Greg… | 我对格雷格和 对我自己生活不满意的… |
[30:21] | and my life. | 一部分。 |
[30:23] | And then you came along… | 这时你出现了, |
[30:25] | and you seemed to know every secret thing about me. | 你似乎了解我的一切,我的每一个秘密。 |
[30:31] | Let me put it this way… | 我这么说吧, |
[30:34] | I have seen my dream come true… | 我已经看到了我的梦想变成了现实, |
[30:37] | and my fantasy… | 我的幻想… |
[30:39] | no longer tortures me. | 不再折磨我了。 |
[30:41] | I can deal with it. | 我可以处理好了。 |
[30:45] | But that’s so neurotic. | 可这太神经了啊! |
[30:48] | I know. | 噢,我知道, |
[30:50] | I’m crazy. | 我很疯狂。 |
[30:53] | But suppose I said to you that… | 要是我跟你说… |
[30:56] | none of this was really true, that this is all… | 这一切都不是真的,那会怎样? 这一切只是… |
[30:59] | a facade i’ve been putting on. | 我伪装起来的表面, |
[31:02] | That somehow I had access to… | 只是我通过某种途径,你知道,接触到了… |
[31:06] | your deepest feelings, needs and thoughts… | 你最深处的感情、你的需要、 你所有秘密的想法, |
[31:10] | and that I’ve been playing this character just to… | 我只是扮演了这样一个角色, 目的只是为了… |
[31:14] | win you over, to get you to like me, make you happy? | 赢得你,使你快乐是为了让你喜欢我? |
[31:18] | If that’s what you told me… | 如果你这么说, |
[31:21] | then I’d say you were crazy. | 那么我要说,你很疯狂。 |
[31:25] | So that’s exactly why I’m not going tonight. | 因此这就是我今晚不想去的原因。 |
[31:29] | I plan to go to Napoleon’s tomb. To lie down next to him. | 相反,我准备去拿破仑墓, 我要在他旁边躺下来。 |
[31:33] | – That’ll be my Christmas Eve. – That’s so sad! | – 这就是我的圣诞之夜。 – 太可怜了! |
[31:36] | The women you pick! | 看看你选的女人! |
[31:37] | No, you’re going out. Someone’s got to take Mom. | 不,不,你一定要去。 我是说,得有人陪着妈妈去。 |
[31:41] | You’re too sick? | 你病得那么厉害,今晚不能出去吗? |
[31:43] | – He looks terrible. – I’m fine if I don’t move my eyes. | – 他看上去糟透了。 – 我感觉还行,只要我不动眼珠子。 |
[31:46] | He has a 101 temperature. You’re not going anywhere. | 他的体温有38度3。 你今晚哪儿都不能去。 |
[31:48] | I’m not in a Groucho mood. | – 我现在可没看格劳乔【・马克斯】的兴致。 – 别这样,你喜欢他。去吧! |
[31:52] | It’s Christmas Eve, it’s Paris. There’s a ball… | 这是圣诞节,这是巴黎。有个舞会…… 再者说,你是那个委员会的成员, |
[31:56] | that you helped organise. | 它安排了“实验电影院”的晚会, 所以你必须去。 |
[31:59] | – Enjoy yourself. – I’ll go for a couple hours. | – 去放松一下吧。 – 我会呆上几个小时…… |
[32:02] | I must stay here, but there’s no reason you don’t go. | 我是不得不呆在这里, 而你没什么理由不去。 |
[32:05] | It’s later than you think. | 再不去就晚了。 |
[34:08] | Remember our first Christmas in Paris… | 还记得我们在巴黎过的第一个圣诞夜吗? |
[34:11] | the month before we married? | 就在我们结婚前的一个月? |
[34:13] | I do, because that was when… | 当然记得,因为就在那时… |
[34:15] | I knew that someday I would have to live there. | 我知道总有一天,我一定会生活在这里。 |
[34:19] | I remember it like it was yesterday. | 唔…我记忆犹新,就像是昨天。 |
[34:23] | I don’t want to panic you, but that was decades ago. Decades. | 我不想让你抓狂,但是那已经是 几十年前的事了,我是说,几十年前。 |
[34:27] | I know. I know it was decades ago. | 我知道,我知道已经几十年了。 |
[34:30] | Remember that cafe we used to go to? | 你还记得那家我们经常去的咖啡馆吗? |
[34:32] | Cafe Terese or whatever, with the cats. Remember? | 叫“特蕾莎咖啡馆”还是什么? 有好多猫,还记得吗?还记得吗? |
[34:37] | Now i’ll tell you the truth. | 现在我跟你说实话吧, |
[34:39] | I hated that cat. | 我讨厌那些猫,我…我恨死那些猫了。 |
[34:43] | Maybe that’s why you were scratching yourself all night. | 也许那就是你为什么 整夜挠痒痒的原因。 |
[34:46] | Was I scratching myself? | 我整夜挠痒痒了吗? |
[34:48] | – That’s what you noticed? – I certainly did. | – 你注意到我挠痒痒了? – 当然,我当然注意到了。 |
[34:51] | I hated that cat. | 我讨厌那些猫,我现在就告诉你, |
[34:53] | I couldn’t stand it… | 我受不了…… |
[34:55] | but now that cafe is round the corner from my home. | 但是现在,那家咖啡馆就在 我屋子不远处的拐角上。 |
[34:58] | You’re joking! | 你开玩笑! |
[34:59] | Why would I joke about something like that? | – 我为什么要开这样的玩笑? – 你想去吗? |
[35:02] | You want to have a drink there? | – 你想到那儿去喝一杯吗? – 不。 |
[35:04] | – Why not? – Because we’re drinking here. | – 为什么不? – 因为我们在这儿有喝的, |
[35:06] | Why would I want to go? | – 我为什么要去那儿? – 是的,可是…… |
[35:08] | We can take our moustaches off. | 你看,我们可以摘掉我们的胡子, 没人会注意我们的…… |
[35:10] | You’re having a nostalgic…? | 难道你忽然有种怀旧的……? |
[35:12] | I’m having a thing. Sue me. I just thought it’d be fun. | 是的,我是有种感觉,你怪我好了。 我只不过认为那可能很有意思。 |
[35:16] | We can’t… | 不,我们不可能溜出去…… |
[35:18] | Come on, we’ll take our moustaches off, no problem. | 得了,我们只要去掉胡子,没问题的。 |
[35:21] | – That I’d like to do. – Me too. | – 我乐意替你刮“胡子”。 – 你也想让我替你刮? |
[35:23] | Never thought I’d hear you say, ‘Take my moustache off.’ | 我绝没料到你会说:“替我刮胡子。” |
[35:26] | Please. | 拜托! |
[35:29] | Wail go. | 别扯了,我们走吧。 |
[35:30] | I feel good. I’ve had 3 glasses of champagne. | 我有点兴奋,感觉很好。 我喝了三杯香槟,感觉棒极了。 |
[35:34] | Let’s go see this place. | – 我们去看看那地方吧。 – 好吧,可是…可是… |
[35:37] | You want to sneak out? | 你真的想溜出去吗? |
[35:38] | I do. We snuck out before, remember? | 当然。这不是第一次… 我们以前也开溜过,你还记得吗? |
[35:42] | Remember that boring party we went to with the Wainwrights? | 还记得那次我们和汉密尔顿・温赖特 一起参加的那个晚会吗,极其无聊? |
[35:46] | Yes, I remember, because… | 噢,是的,是的,我记得那次,因为… |
[35:49] | we left through the toilet window. | 因为我们先溜了出去,然后通过 洗手间的窗子离开的。 |
[35:52] | A guy was singing, ‘Climb Every Mountain.’ | 有个家伙在唱《翻越群山》, 我们受不了了,就溜了出去…… |
[35:56] | And you knocked over the punch bowl, if I remember correctly. | 要是我没记错的话,你还打翻了 盛着“宾治”酒的大酒杯, |
[35:59] | Yes, but you let out the shriek that got us caught. | 是的,我打翻了大酒杯,但是你的叫声 那么刺耳,害得我们被抓住了。 |
[36:03] | Remember how we made love? Do you remember? | 噢,你还记得我们怎么做爱的吗? 你还记得我…你知道,噢,我的雪茄…… |
[36:07] | – You dropped your cigar. – I know. | – 你的雪茄掉了。 – 我知道,给我雪茄。 |
[36:09] | I dropped the cigar and I… | 我的雪茄掉了,我…… |
[36:12] | You’re so drunk. | 你醉得厉害。 |
[36:14] | I remember us making love. | 我记得我们做爱。 |
[36:16] | Remember the candles? | – 烛光?你还记得那些蜡烛吗? – 是的,我记得那些蜡烛, |
[36:18] | I remember the candles, the hotel, but not you. | 我记得那家旅馆,但是不知道 为什么,我就是记不清你了, |
[36:22] | Unless you were the one under me. | 除了记得你在我身下。 |
[36:24] | – Now you’re in character. – I don’t know where I am. | – 现在你露出本性了。 – 我不知道身处何方, |
[36:26] | – I’m lost. – Come on. Let’s go. | – 我…我…我晕头了。 – 快点,我们走吧,走吧! |
[36:29] | – Our coats are in the car. – Forget it. | – 外面很冷,我们的外套都在车里。 – 我们的外套?别穿了。 |
[36:32] | It’s a warm night. Come on. Pretend you’re young. | 这是一个温暖的夜晚。 快点,就当自己还很年轻吧。 |
[36:36] | I could do for you. | – 我们走吧! – 好吧,我可以为你这么做。 |
[36:41] | You’re better off without her. | 没有她,对你来说更好。 |
[36:43] | How do you know? You never met her. | 你…你怎么知道?没有她更好? 你看,你都没见过她。 |
[36:47] | I know you. | 可我知道你。 |
[36:48] | So what does that mean? | 是吗?你这什么意思? |
[36:50] | A good psychiatrist… | 任何一个好的、 |
[36:52] | that listened to you… | 倾听你的心理医生… |
[36:54] | would think every time I’m with a woman, you get jealous. | 都会认为,每次我和一个女人 在一起时,你都会嫉妒。 |
[36:58] | Why are you laughing? | – 你笑什么? – 嫉妒? |
[36:59] | I just wish you’d pick someone who’d make you happy. | 乔,我只是希望你能选一个 能使你幸福的女人。 |
[37:02] | Like who? | 比如说谁? |
[37:04] | I made you happy. | 我使你幸福。 |
[37:05] | – I didn’t say you didn’t. – I made you very happy. | – 是的,我没说你没使我幸福。 – 我使你很幸福, |
[37:09] | When we weren’t at each other’s throats. | 在我们没有,你知道,相互吵架的时候。 |
[37:11] | Does this ring a bell? This is why I took you here. | 你想起什么来了没有? 这就是我为什么带你上这儿来。 |
[37:15] | Does this mean anything? | 你…你没感觉到什么吗? |
[37:16] | Is this where we…? | 这里…这里是不是我们……? |
[37:18] | This is it, yes. That’s why I dragged you all over town. | 这里就是,是的。这就是为什么 我把你大老远地拽到这里。 |
[37:22] | My God! | 我的上帝! |
[37:23] | – You remember this? – We stayed up all night here. | – 你记得这里吗? – 我们在这里曾经度过整个夜晚。 |
[37:26] | I know. I held you in my arms till the light came up. | 我知道。我用我的双臂揽着你, 直到天光放亮。 |
[37:30] | Remember the song? | 你还记得吗?你还记得那首歌吗? |
[37:32] | – I do. – I still sing that song. | – 是的,我记得。 – 我还记得,因为我还在唱那首歌。 |
[37:35] | I learned it from you. That was the first time. Remember? | 我第一次是从你那儿听到的。 那是第一次,你还记得吗? |
[37:39] | I’m through with love… | 我的爱完结了, |
[37:42] | I’ll never fall again. | 再也不会堕入情网。 |
[37:45] | Said ‘adieu’ to love… | 和爱说“再会”, |
[37:48] | Don’t ever call again. | 再也不会呼唤。 |
[37:51] | For I must have you… | 因为我必须拥有你, |
[37:54] | or no one. | 不会再有其他人, |
[37:58] | And so I’m through with love. | 因此我的爱已经彻底完结。 |
[38:04] | I’ve locked my heart. | 我紧锁心扉, |
[38:06] | I’ll keep my feelings there. | 把我的感情深埋在那儿。 |
[38:09] | I have stocked my heart… | 贮藏于我心中的, |
[38:12] | with icy frigidaire. | 只有冰冷彻骨的空气。 |
[38:15] | And I mean to care for no one… | 我不想再在乎任何人, |
[38:23] | because I’m through with love. | 因为我的爱已经彻底完结。 |
[38:28] | Why did you lead me to think… | 为什么你使我相信… |
[38:31] | you could care? | 你会在乎我? |
[38:34] | You didn’t need me… | 你不需要我, |
[38:36] | for you had your share… | 因为你有你圈内的… |
[38:39] | of friends around you… | 朋友围绕着你, |
[38:42] | to hound you and swear… | 他们追逐着你,发誓… |
[38:45] | with deep emotion… | 以很深的情感… |
[38:48] | devotion to you. | 热爱你。 |
[38:52] | Goodbye to spring… | 再见,春天, |
[38:55] | and all it meant to me. | 以及它所意味的一切。 |
[38:58] | It can never bring… | 物是人非, |
[39:01] | the things that used to be. | 时光不会倒流。 |
[39:05] | For I must have you… | 因为我必须拥有你, |
[39:08] | or no one. | 不会再有其他人, |
[39:13] | And so I’m through with love. | 因此我的爱已经彻底完结。 |
[41:14] | I wonder what would’ve happened if we’d stayed together. | 你知道,多年以来,我一直在想 如果我们还在一起的话,情况会怎样。 |
[41:21] | That’s something we’ll never know. | 这是我们谁都无法知道的事情,你知道。 |
[41:25] | We’ve managed to produce… | 但是我们生养了… |
[41:27] | a fabulous daughter. | 一个出色的女儿。 |
[41:29] | She is unbelievable. | 我是说,她令人称奇。 |
[41:31] | She’s got your looks, fortunately… | 幸运的是,她有着你的容貌, |
[41:35] | and my magic personality. | 和我的富有魔力的个性。 |
[41:37] | She is wonderful. | – 是啊,她太奇妙了。 – 她很棒。 |
[41:40] | And you’ve been very happy with Bob, so that’s good. | 你和鲍勃在一起很幸福, 这真的很好。 |
[41:44] | He’s wonderful. | 噢,他很出色。 |
[41:45] | – You couldn’t have done better. – No. | – 我认为他很出色,你也做得再好不过了。 – 他是的。不。 |
[41:49] | There have been a few times, you’ll admit… | 但有那么几次,你承认的吧, |
[41:52] | you did call me in an emergency and I had to come bail you out. | 你在危急的情况下给我打电话, 我不得不过去替你摆脱困境。 |
[41:57] | I know. | – 有几次吧? – 我知道,我知道。 |
[41:59] | Two major fights with Bob, and… | 你和鲍勃有两次大的争吵,我记得, |
[42:02] | one disgusting lump that turned out to be benign… | 还有次你发现长了个可恶的肿块, 尽管最后结果是完全良性的, |
[42:07] | though you were in a panic. | 但是当时你惊恐万分。 |
[42:08] | You were there for me. | 我知道,你帮我挺过了难关。 |
[42:10] | And you for me. | 你也帮过我,你知道。 |
[42:12] | And I appreciate it. | 我很感激。 |
[42:13] | I think we’ve been better friends… | 实际上我认为…我们成为朋友比成为… |
[42:17] | than husband and wife. | 夫妻要好。 |
[42:19] | Yeah, we probably have. | 是啊,也许是吧。 |
[42:21] | But nobody made me laugh the way you did. | 你知道,没有人能像你那样 逗得我大笑,乔。 |
[42:24] | I love Bob with all my heart, it isn’t that. | 我爱鲍勃,全心全意, 但这不一样。 |
[42:27] | It’s just that you could always push that button in me. | 只有你总是能,你知道, 你能触动我的那根神经。 |
[42:32] | So why is that so important? | 这有什么特别重要的吗? |
[42:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道,我不知道。 |
[42:36] | Maybe we’re crazy. | 也许我们很疯狂。 |
[42:42] | That girl that dumped you today, did she make you laugh? | 今天甩了你的那个女孩也很疯狂, 她会逗你发笑吗? |
[42:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[42:48] | I have to put that… | 过去的我必须让它… |
[42:50] | behind. | 过去。 |
[42:56] | Funny how life goes. | 生活真是有意思。 |
[42:57] | It’s amazing. Amazing. | 很奇妙,很奇妙。 |
[43:27] | Let’s go. It’s late. | 我们走吧,已经很晚了。 |
[43:29] | It’s definitely late. | 绝对很晚了。 |
[43:32] | Christmas Eve, and late. | 圣诞夜,深夜。 |
[43:34] | Let’s go. | 我们走。 |
[43:37] | Everyone says ‘I love you…’ | 人人都说:“我爱你……” |
[43:40] | the cop on the corner and the burglar too. | 连拐角处的警察和窃贼也这么说。 |
[43:43] | Christmas Eve in Paris. | 巴黎的圣诞之夜。 |
[43:46] | What a year! | 这是怎样的一年啊! |
[43:48] | And that sort of brings us to the end of our story. | 这也差不多把我们带到了 我们故事的结尾。 |
[43:51] | I told Skylar someone should write it up as a movie. | 我跟丝凯拉说, 有人应该把它写下来拍成电影。 |
[43:54] | She said ‘Better be a musical, or no one will believe it.’ | 她说:“最好是音乐剧, 否则的话没人会相信。” |
[43:58] | By the way… | 顺便说一下, |
[44:00] | that night I met a terrific guy. | 那天晚上我遇见了个了不起的小伙子, |
[44:03] | I mean, talk about sexy! | 我的意思是,就性感而言! |
[44:15] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[44:25] | [ thanks for watching! ] | [ 谢谢观看!] |