时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I tried my best, but I can’t. | 我尽力了 但我做不到 |
[00:05] | I just can’t. | 我就是做不到 |
[00:06] | I’m never gonna be able to do this alone! | 我一个人永远都做不到 |
[00:09] | Do you wanna go home? | 你想回家吗 |
[00:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:15] | We’re going back home. | 我们这就回家 |
[00:37] | Who is this? | 这是谁啊 |
[00:45] | Alone again. | 又孤零零了 |
[01:00] | It’s the time of day that we come in. | 又到了一天中我们进来的时候了 |
[01:02] | Huh? Us, the people that you like. | 我们 你喜欢的人 |
[01:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:04] | The time of day where we come in | 我们会在这个时候进来 |
[01:05] | and try to change your life. | 试图改变你的生活 |
[01:08] | For the better! | 变得更好 |
[01:11] | Get out. | 出去 |
[01:12] | Well, um… | 那个 |
[01:14] | we thought you might change our lives for the better | 我们想着通过跟我们一起玩 |
[01:16] | by hanging out with us. | 你或许能改善我们的生活 |
[01:18] | And do what? | 做什么 |
[01:20] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[01:22] | – There’s things to do. – Yeah. | -有很多事可做 -是啊 |
[01:24] | We’ll find things to do. | 我们会找到事情做的 |
[01:27] | – Yeah. – Shut up! | -没错 -闭嘴 |
[01:28] | And get out. | 然后出去 |
[01:31] | No, okay, yeah. | 好吧 |
[01:33] | Of cour… W-we’ll… We’ll… | 当然 我们 我们会 |
[01:34] | Look, um, why don’t we give you some more time? | 听着 要不我们再多给你点时间 |
[01:37] | How much time today? | 今天要多久 |
[01:39] | Sixty minutes? | 60分钟 |
[01:40] | Oh, wow, that’s a lot of time. | 这很久呢 |
[01:42] | Matilda? | 玛蒂尔达 |
[01:46] | Ninety minutes? | 90分钟 |
[01:49] | Set timer for 90 minutes. | 定时90分钟 |
[02:02] | But, like, what are we going to do today? | 我们今天要做什么 |
[02:06] | Maybe we should take the trash out? | 也许我们该把垃圾倒了 |
[02:08] | Interesting pitch. Let’s discuss. | 有趣的提议 我们讨论下 |
[02:10] | Please can we take the trash out? | 拜托我们能把垃圾倒了吗 |
[02:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:13] | – Please! – Well, you see… | -拜托 -你看 |
[02:16] | But, like… | 但是 |
[02:17] | Do we want to take the trash out? | 我们真想把垃圾倒了吗 |
[02:19] | Do you know what I mean? That’s the real question. | 你懂我意思吗 这才是真正的问题所在 |
[02:20] | ‘Cause, like, I don’t know really if I feel like it. | 因为我不确定我是否想这么做 |
[02:23] | I don’t wanna take it out. | 我不想倒 |
[02:24] | But-but… | 但是 但是 |
[02:25] | Just hear me out. | 听我说 |
[02:28] | It’d be nice to have an empty space to put new trash. | 能有空地方放新垃圾挺好的 |
[02:31] | No… | 不 |
[02:32] | Please, can I just do it by myself? | 拜托 我能自己一个人去倒吗 |
[02:36] | What? Oh, my God. | 什么 我的天 |
[02:37] | Alone? How could you? | 一个人 你怎么能这样 |
[02:39] | In what world did you think | 你脑子秀逗了吗 |
[02:40] | we were gonna allow you to do that? | 怎么会觉得我们会让你这么做 |
[02:42] | – How dare you? – Then come with me! | -真是放肆 -那就陪我去 |
[02:46] | This actually isn’t easy, is it? | 这其实并不简单 对吗 |
[02:47] | It’s not easy because I don’t wanna take the trash out. | 不简单 因为我不想倒垃圾 |
[02:50] | But also I don’t want you to leave us alone, | 但同时我也不想你抛下我们俩 |
[02:52] | but also I don’t want you to be disappointed if we don’t do it. | 而我也不想你因为我们不去而感到失望 |
[02:54] | What if I just, like, did it? | 如果我一个人去倒了呢 |
[02:55] | I don’t like it when you threaten us like this! | 我不喜欢你这样威胁我们 |
[02:58] | I’m being helpful. | 我是在帮你们 |
[02:59] | You know damn right what you’re being! | 你很清楚你在干什么 |
[03:01] | Stop ganging up on me. | 别合伙欺负我 |
[03:03] | Stop ganging up on us! | 别合伙欺负我们 |
[03:07] | I’m bored of this now. | 我已经倦了 |
[03:08] | You’re bored of this, are you? | 你倦了 是吗 |
[03:09] | What, you think I’m not bored of this? | 你觉得我不倦吗 |
[03:11] | You think he… You think he’s not bored of this? | 你觉得他 你觉得他不倦吗 |
[03:13] | We’re all bored of this, Genevieve. | 我们都倦了 吉妮芙 |
[03:23] | Permission to complain, | 请求抱怨 |
[03:24] | forty-five seconds? | 45秒 |
[03:25] | Granted. I’ll set the timer. | 批准 我来定时 |
[03:26] | Okay, when you watch the end-of-the-world movies, | 好 当你观看世界末日电影的时候 |
[03:28] | they always gloss over the subplot | 他们总是会掩饰次要情节 |
[03:30] | where there’s a guy who’s just finished college, | 一个人刚大学毕业 |
[03:32] | and he’s excited to become a dentist, | 很期待成为牙医 |
[03:33] | but he can’t become a dentist anymore, | 但他不能再当牙医 |
[03:35] | because there’s a pandemic, | 因为出现了全球疫情 |
[03:36] | and he’s got $292,000 in student loan debt. | 他有29.2万的学生贷款债务 |
[03:39] | And he was excited to become a dentist | 他很期待成为牙医 |
[03:41] | but he can’t become a dentist anymore | 但他不能再当牙医 |
[03:42] | and he worked really hard to become a dentist. | 他为了成为牙医付出了很多 |
[03:43] | Yeah, I mean, I was expecting an apocalypse would have | 嗯 我以为的世界末日里 |
[03:46] | a lot more running and killing and loving super hard | 会有很多奔跑 杀戮 火热的爱情 |
[03:49] | and Aerosmith playing. | 以及放史密斯飞船乐队的歌 |
[03:50] | And I love you both, but– | 我爱你们 但是 |
[03:52] | This is not a life. | 这不是生活 |
[03:53] | – This is not a life. – It’s not a life. | -这不是生活 -不是生活 |
[03:55] | I yield my time. | 剩下的时间给别人吧 |
[04:01] | Do you want… You wanna look at my teeth? | 你想 你想看看我的牙齿吗 |
[04:03] | Are they giving you trouble? | 你的牙出问题了吗 |
[04:05] | No. | 没有 |
[04:06] | But I’m willing to pretend. | 但我愿意假装 |
[04:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:10] | Okay. Well, then we need your tiny mirror. | 好 那我们就需要你的小镜子 |
[04:11] | Alex, where is your tiny mirror? | 艾利克斯 你的小镜子呢 |
[04:22] | It’s not in here. | 不在这里面 |
[04:24] | Did you take it? | 你拿走了吗 |
[04:26] | I don’t think so, but… | 应该没有 但是 |
[04:27] | I mean, probably. I don’t know. | 有可能 我也不知道 |
[04:29] | Does anyone remember me | 有人记得我 |
[04:31] | wanting to look at something small that’s also around a corner? | 想要看一个角落里的小东西吗 |
[04:35] | Should we find it or…? | 我们要不要去找 |
[04:38] | I can’t remember why we thought this was funny. | 我记不起我们为什么会觉得这好玩了 |
[04:41] | Me neither. | 我也一样 |
[04:44] | I’m sorry, baby, you’ll get to be a dentist one day, | 我很遗憾 亲爱的 你以后会成为牙医的 |
[04:46] | and-and it will be beautiful. | 到时一定会很美妙 |
[04:49] | Yeah, you’re gonna be the most delightfully dainty dentist. | 是的 你会成为最可爱的牙医 |
[04:55] | What’s that timer for? | 这个定时器是干什么的 |
[05:00] | Matilda. | 玛蒂尔达 |
[05:01] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[05:04] | You can’t keep coming in here. | 你们不能老是进来 |
[05:06] | Yeah, no, that’s been said. | 你已经说过了 |
[05:07] | I’ll come out, I am, I just need to focus on my work. | 我会出去的 真的 我只是需要专注我的工作 |
[05:11] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[05:13] | I’ve got a lot of projects. | 我有很多项目 |
[05:14] | My workload is in the roof these days. | 我这些天的工作量超大 |
[05:18] | What projects? | 什么项目 |
[05:20] | You’re being unfair. | 你们这样不公平 |
[05:22] | Matilda, are you telling us the truth? | 玛蒂尔达 你说的是事实吗 |
[05:25] | Yes. Why aren’t you on my side? | 是啊 你们为什么不能站在我这边呢 |
[05:27] | Well, there’s no sides. | 我们这里没有阵营 |
[05:28] | If there were though, we’d be on yours. | 如果有阵营 我们会支持你的 |
[05:30] | I need to focus on getting into a local college. | 我要集中精力进入本地的大学 |
[05:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:34] | Yes, if I don’t, then I’ll have to get a job at a factory | 是啊 如果我考不上 我就得去当工厂妹 |
[05:37] | putting caps on bottles, | 去那盖瓶盖了 |
[05:38] | like Jeremy is probably doing. | 就像杰里米那样 |
[05:39] | – Well– – Is that what you want for me? | -行吧 -这就是你们想要的吗 |
[05:41] | No. Babe, all we want for you is to come have a sandwich. | 不 宝贝 我们只想让你去吃三明治 |
[05:45] | Not all of us can prance around all day like you do. | 不是所有人都能像你一样整天晃来晃去 |
[05:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:49] | Maybe we can, uh, help you with your work? | 我们可以帮你做点什么吗 |
[05:52] | You can’t help. | 你们帮不上忙 |
[05:53] | Okay, well, how about you play piano for us? | 好吧 不如你给我们弹弹琴 |
[05:56] | I will later. | 我晚点再弹 |
[06:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:02] | Let’s just… | 那就… |
[06:05] | Set timer for one hour. | 定时一小时 |
[06:08] | So, in America, when in doubt, | 因此 在美国 当你不确定时 |
[06:09] | follow the money, honey. Right? | 朝钱走就对了 亲爱的 对吧 |
[06:11] | How much do you think the Civil War | 你认为南北战争 |
[06:13] | had to do with ending slavery? | 与奴隶制的结束有多大关系 |
[06:14] | And how much do you think it had to do | 你认为这跟北方银行家 |
[06:16] | with the Northern bankers furious with Southern planters | 对南方种植园主把利润存入英国银行 |
[06:19] | taking their profits and depositing them in English banks? | 这一行为愤愤不平有多大的关系 |
[06:30] | Shit. | 该死 |
[06:31] | No, I fell asleep. Oh, no. | 糟了 我竟然睡着了 |
[06:33] | Now I’m never gonna get to sleep tonight. | 我今晚要睡不着了 |
[06:35] | And Alex is going to fall asleep so early, | 而艾利克斯很早就会入睡 |
[06:37] | I’m just gonna be there in bed next to him trapped. | 我只能躺在床上困在他身边了 |
[06:40] | – Trapped? – Yes. | -困住 -对 |
[06:41] | Yes, trapped. | 没错 困在你身边 |
[06:43] | Scanning for new moments in my life | 不断搜寻我人生中那些 |
[06:45] | to feel ashamed about. | 让我羞愧的新时刻 |
[06:46] | And I don’t know what happened at the end of the Civil War. | 我还不知道南北战争结束时发生了什么 |
[06:48] | Please tell me, Genevieve. Please. | 告诉我吧 吉芙妮 拜托 |
[06:50] | We ended slavery… sort of. | 我们终结了奴隶制…算是吧 |
[06:55] | Well, that’s good. | 那真不错 |
[06:57] | All right. There’s been a change of situation. | 好了 情况有变 |
[06:58] | You need to understand that I’m in charge actually, | 你要知道我是实际监护人 |
[07:01] | and if I say that it’s time to get out of bed, | 如果我说是时候该下床了 |
[07:03] | then that’s it. | 那就该下床 |
[07:04] | That’s it. That’s done. | 就这样 就得这样 |
[07:05] | That’s the thing that happens. | 你得按照我说的做 |
[07:07] | That’s stupid. | 这太蠢了 |
[07:08] | You’re not the boss of me. | 你又不是我的上司 |
[07:09] | Matilda, that’s it. | 玛蒂尔达 按我说的做 |
[07:11] | You’re getting out of bed. | 你要下床 |
[07:12] | Today, like now! Like right now. | 今天 现在 此刻 |
[07:14] | – No! – It’s non-negotiable. | -不要 -没得商量 |
[07:16] | Make me. | 你动手啊 |
[07:19] | Well, if that’s what you want, yes, then I’ll make you. | 好 如果你想这样 那我就动手了 |
[07:27] | Just get out! Get up! Get up! | 快出来 下床 下床 |
[07:29] | Nicholas, you’re being hostile. | 尼古拉斯 你太不友好了 |
[07:30] | Oh, God, the floor is just too nasty. | 天啊 地板太脏了 |
[07:33] | You can’t decide what’s non-negotiable. | 你不能决定什么事是不能商量的 |
[07:35] | I’m 18. I’m old enough to enlist in the military. | 我18岁了 我已经够年龄参军了 |
[07:37] | Well, fine. If you don’t get out of bed, | 那行 如果你不下床 |
[07:39] | I’m gonna enlist you in the military. | 那我就给你报名参军 |
[07:41] | Matilda, they wake up really early. | 玛蒂尔达 军队要很早起床 |
[07:43] | They won’t take me, I’m autistic. | 他们不会要我的 我有自闭症 |
[07:45] | Now go away. | 现在你们出去吧 |
[07:45] | Matilda, I agree. You need to get up. | 玛蒂尔达 我同意 你得起床 |
[07:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:49] | Yeah, no, no. I-I agree too. | 没错 不不不 我也同意 |
[07:51] | No more misters or missus nice guys and girls anymore. | 我们不会再当好好先生 好好小姐了 |
[07:53] | We’re being firm. | 我们态度很强硬 |
[07:54] | This is us being very, very firm. | 我们态度非常非常强硬 |
[07:57] | Please don’t push me. | 拜托别逼我 |
[07:58] | I’m using all of my energy | 我已经用尽所有精力 |
[08:00] | not to say what I want to say. | 克制自己别说想说的话了 |
[08:06] | And… And what is that? | 你想说什么 |
[08:09] | Genevieve, you don’t even try to hide your envy. | 吉芙妮 你不用试图掩饰你的嫉妒心了 |
[08:12] | I got into Juilliard | 我进了茱莉亚音乐学院 |
[08:13] | and you’re still looking for a hobby. | 而你还不知道自己喜欢什么 |
[08:15] | Nicholas is inconsistent and untrustworthy, | 尼古拉斯反复无常又不可靠 |
[08:17] | and doesn’t understand me or my needs. | 还不了解我 不知道我需要什么 |
[08:19] | Alex is only dating Nicholas for the money | 艾利克斯跟尼古拉斯约会只是为了钱 |
[08:21] | and to use our pool. | 还有用我们的泳池 |
[08:23] | If you guys had your lives together | 如果你们几个能振作起来 |
[08:24] | you could have helped me stay in New York, | 你们就能可以帮我留在纽约 |
[08:27] | where I belong. | 留在属于我的地方 |
[08:29] | I did my part, I got in, but you failed. | 我完成了我的部分 进了学校 但你们失败了 |
[08:34] | This is your fault. | 这是你们的错 |
[08:34] | I am a victim of circumstance, | 我是环境的受害者 |
[08:37] | this your fault. | 这是你们的错 |
[08:38] | You created the circumstance. | 你们创造了这种环境 |
[08:40] | All of you. | 都怪你们 |
[08:45] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:48] | Yeah, cool. Bye. | 很好 再见 |
[09:06] | My feelings hurt. Like, um… | 我很受伤 就像… |
[09:09] | I think, I think I can feel my feelings. | 我能体会到这种感觉 |
[09:12] | Where did she get that from? | 她的从哪学的 |
[09:13] | It’s not like you take me out for dinner. | 你又没带我出去吃饭 |
[09:15] | She’s just repeating something she saw on TV. | 她只是重复她在电视上看到的东西 |
[09:17] | She doesn’t mean it. | 她不是那个意思 |
[09:18] | I feel, like, I wanna, like, call people up from high school | 我想 我想联系几个高中同学 |
[09:20] | and check if they ever liked me. | 问他们是否喜欢过我 |
[09:22] | Guys. None of this is real. | 各位 那些话都不是真的 |
[09:24] | She’s just doing a show. | 她只是在演戏 |
[09:25] | Well, I mean, if that wasn’t real, | 行吧 如果那些话不是真的 |
[09:27] | it was weirdly specific. | 那具体得有点奇怪了 |
[09:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:30] | I’m not gonna pay people to date me. | 我不会花钱请人跟我约会 |
[09:31] | I don’t know why she thinks… | 我不知道她为什么会这么想 |
[09:32] | I’ve got heaps of stuff going for me. | 我有一堆人可约 |
[09:33] | I’m, like, I’m, like, actually I’m a fun guy. | 我其实是个有趣的人 |
[09:35] | Hey, this is LA. | 这里是洛杉矶 |
[09:37] | I could be dating someone way richer | 要是我想找富人约会 |
[09:39] | if that’s what I wanted. | 有一大堆可选 |
[09:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[09:42] | – Yeah. – Thanks. | -是啊 -谢谢 |
[09:50] | You guys know New York wasn’t not your fault, right? | 你们知道纽约的事不怪你们 对吧 |
[09:52] | Yeah, I know. Yeah. | 是啊 我知道 当然 |
[09:58] | No, yeah, I’m… | 是啊 我… |
[10:00] | I’m hopeless. I’m without hope. | 我很绝望 一丝希望都没有 |
[10:08] | I-I think I have an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[10:18] | Okay. What… | 好吧 什么 |
[10:23] | Why? Why? | 为什么 为什么 |
[10:24] | Matilda’s favorite thing is coming to the rescue. | 玛蒂尔达最喜欢营救别人 |
[10:28] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[10:32] | Matilda? | 玛蒂尔达 |
[10:33] | Uh, babe, I-I cut my finger, | 宝贝 我切到手指了 |
[10:35] | do you have a Band-Aid? | 你有创口贴吗 |
[10:36] | Oh, my God, there’s so much blood! | 天呐 流了好多血 |
[10:40] | How much blood? | 有多少血 |
[10:43] | You always over exaggerate, silly. | 你还是一如既往喜欢夸大事实 |
[10:45] | You need a bandage. | 你需要包扎 |
[10:46] | They’re in the hall closet. | 在走廊的柜子里 |
[11:09] | Pressure. | 用点力 |
[11:10] | Higher than the heart. | 举到比心脏高的地方 |
[11:33] | Can I hang out, out here? | 我能在外面待会吗 |
[11:34] | Yeah. Yes, please. | 当然 请便 |
[11:36] | I haven’t been sleeping because… | 我一直没有睡觉 因为 |
[11:38] | I’ve been so busy. | 我太忙了 |
[11:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:42] | Can I take a nap on the couch? | 我能在沙发上睡一觉吗 |
[11:45] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[11:51] | Good. | 太好了 |
[11:59] | Why would she take my tiny mirror? | 她为什么要拿走我的小镜子 |
[12:01] | We know why, don’t we? We all know why. | 我们知道为什么 对吧 我们都知道 |
[12:04] | To look at her vagina and/or butthole. | 看她的阴道和屁眼 |
[12:05] | That’s-that’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[12:07] | Her laptop is logged in. | 她的笔记本电脑没锁屏 |
[12:10] | Sh– Should we… | 我们该… |
[12:13] | – Genevieve. – Should I? | -吉妮芙 -我该看吗 |
[12:14] | No! | 不 |
[12:15] | Yeah, no, absolutely not. | 不 当然不 |
[12:17] | But she would have searched all the things, every thing. | 但她肯定会搜很多东西 搜索一切 |
[12:21] | You cannot break the sacred pact | 你不能打破女人和 |
[12:22] | between woman and the internet. | 互联网间的神圣契约 |
[12:24] | Yes, he’s right. | 对 他说得对 |
[12:24] | Also, it’s actually not gonna help us, okay? | 但这能帮助我们 对吗 |
[12:26] | If you looked at my search history | 如果你看了我的搜索历史 |
[12:27] | you would have a very strange understanding | 你肯定会对我的优先次序 |
[12:29] | of what my priorities are. | 产生很奇怪的理解 |
[12:31] | This is what’s keeping her in bed. | 这是让她卧床不起的理由 |
[12:33] | So we have to know. | 所以我们必须知道 |
[12:35] | She’s right, too. | 她说得也对 |
[12:37] | Alex, it’s ethically ambiguous. | 艾利克斯 这在道德上有些模棱两可 |
[12:39] | – No, it’s not. – It is. | -不 不是 -就是 |
[12:40] | It’s an invasion of privacy. | 这是侵犯隐私 |
[12:44] | Okay, yeah, don’t do it. Don’t do it. | 好吧 别看 别看 |
[12:48] | – You’re doing it. – I’m doing it. | -你在看了 -我在看了 |
[12:50] | You’re defying me. | 你违抗我了 |
[12:50] | Everyone’s defying me and my guardian role. | 大家都在违抗我和我的监护人角色 |
[12:53] | I signed contracts. | 我签了合约 |
[12:54] | What if she’s doing something dangerous? | 如果她在做危险的事怎么办 |
[12:55] | Oh, no, do you think? | 不会吧 真的吗 |
[12:57] | No, she’s not doing anything dangerous. | 不 她不会做危险的事 |
[13:06] | No. | 不会吧 |
[13:07] | What was that? Was that shock? | 是什么 这么惊讶吗 |
[13:08] | Genevieve, tell us. | 吉妮芙 告诉我们 |
[13:10] | No. | 不 |
[13:11] | I must bear this burden alone. | 我必须自己承受 |
[13:13] | No, Genevieve, you can’t carry the weight of this alone. | 不 吉妮芙 你不能独自承受 |
[13:15] | You’re too tiny. | 你身板太小了 |
[13:16] | Wait, does this mean we don’t get to know? | 等等 这意味着我们不能知道吗 |
[13:18] | No. | 对 |
[13:19] | This is brave, what you’re doing. | 这很勇敢 你做的事 |
[13:21] | It’s very brave. | 非常勇敢 |
[13:22] | It’s frustrating. | 令人沮丧 |
[13:23] | Very frustrating. | 非常沮丧 |
[13:39] | I need to call Drea. | 我的打给德雅 |
[13:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:45] | Do… | 你 |
[13:47] | Do you have more you want to say about that? | 你还有什么其他想说的吗 |
[13:48] | Are you two still, like, together? | 你们两个…还在一起吗 |
[13:52] | I haven’t spoken to her in four weeks and two days. | 我已经四周零两天没跟她说过话了 |
[13:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:03] | How do I know if she wants me to call her? | 我怎么知道她想让我打给她 |
[14:06] | I think by calling her. | 我想是打给她 |
[14:08] | But I don’t want her to see me ugly and puffy. | 但我不想让她看到我又丑又肿 |
[14:12] | I have no stories to tell her. | 我没有故事可以告诉她 |
[14:14] | I don’t have any anecdotes. | 我没有奇闻轶事 |
[14:16] | You need anecdotes. | 你得需要奇闻轶事 |
[14:18] | You don’t need anecdotes, do you, Alex? | 你不需要奇闻轶事吧 艾利克斯 |
[14:20] | Nicholas used to always bring me anecdotes | 尼古拉斯在我们刚开始约会时 |
[14:22] | when we first started dating. It was exhausting. | 总给我说奇闻轶事 太累人了 |
[14:24] | Apparently other people ask questions. | 听说别人都是问问题对话 |
[14:26] | Can I use one of those anecdotes? | 我能用你的奇闻轶事吗 |
[14:28] | Uh, what if we start with a shower? | 不如我们先洗个澡吧 |
[14:30] | I don’t think you can tell me to take a shower. | 我觉得你不能指使我去洗澡 |
[14:32] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾好自己 |
[14:33] | Okay. But that involves taking a shower, right? | 好吧 但那包括洗澡 对吧 |
[14:35] | Why? Do I smell? | 为什么 我有味道吗 |
[14:37] | Like prosciutto. | 像熏火腿 |
[14:39] | In a bad way? | 很臭吗 |
[14:40] | Everybody loves prosciutto. | 大家都喜欢熏火腿 |
[14:42] | Eh, you don’t wanna smell like a meat, babe. | 你闻上去不像肉 宝贝 |
[15:06] | Hi, Matilda. | 玛蒂尔达 |
[15:09] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[15:11] | It’s Drea’s mom! | 是德雅的妈妈 |
[15:13] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:14] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[15:16] | It’s-it’s Nicholas? | 是尼古拉斯 |
[15:18] | It’s Nicholas. | 是尼古拉斯 |
[15:19] | Hang up. | 快挂掉 |
[15:22] | Sorry, who’s this? | 抱歉 你是谁 |
[15:24] | Is this Suze? | 是苏茜吗 |
[15:26] | What can I do for you, Nicholas? | 有什么需要帮忙 尼古拉斯 |
[15:29] | Will… | 这个 |
[15:31] | I… Well, Matilda was calling Drea, but then, | 我…玛蒂尔达本来是打给德雅 但之后 |
[15:33] | um, instead you answered. | 你接了电话 |
[15:35] | See? And… | 明白吗 然后 |
[15:37] | Yes, now here we are. | 对 所以换成我们讲电话了 |
[15:39] | Drea is just in the pool at the moment. | 德雅现在在游泳池 |
[15:43] | – Right, she’s in the pool? – Yeah. | -好吧 她在泳池吗 -对 |
[15:45] | When did she start swimming? | 她什么时候开始游泳了 |
[15:47] | I thought she hated water. | 我以为她讨厌水 |
[15:48] | Okay, cool, do you have any idea when she might be out? | 好吧 你知道她什么时候出来吗 |
[15:55] | Matilda? | 玛蒂尔达 |
[15:56] | Uh, I-I need to ask you something. | 我得问你一些事 |
[15:58] | Um, and I need you to listen before you get mad. | 我需要你先听再生气 |
[16:01] | What are you going to say to make me mad? | 你要说的话会让我生气吗 |
[16:04] | I… | 我 |
[16:06] | I went on your laptop. | 我看了你的笔记本电脑 |
[16:08] | What? | 什么 |
[16:09] | I-I know I shouldn’t have. | 我知道我不该看 |
[16:11] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[16:13] | I’m sorry. Just, it was there and it was open. | 抱歉 只是 你的电脑就开着放在那 |
[16:16] | That doesn’t give you permission to read through… | 这也不是允许你看… |
[16:19] | my things. | 我的东西 |
[16:19] | No, I… I know. | 对 我知道 |
[16:20] | And you can yell at me later, | 你可以晚点朝我吼 |
[16:22] | but for now I think before you speak to Drea, | 但现在我想在你和德雅说话前 |
[16:24] | you and me need to talk about what you were searching. | 你和我得谈谈你之前在搜的东西 |
[16:31] | It’s an invasion of privacy. | 那是侵犯隐私 |
[16:33] | Um, but what it looked like to me, | 但在我看来 |
[16:35] | as what you were doing, | 你之前搜的东西 |
[16:36] | is that you were trying to, | 是你想确认 |
[16:38] | uh, figure out whether or not you’re actually a lesbian. | 自己究竟是不是女同性恋 |
[16:43] | That’s digital trespassing, Genevieve. | 这是电子侵犯 吉妮芙 |
[16:45] | Matilda, if you think you’re not queer, | 玛蒂尔达 如果你觉得自己不是姬佬 |
[16:47] | you need to tell Drea. | 你得告诉德雅 |
[16:48] | You know what you are? | 你知道你是什么吗 |
[16:50] | You’re a little sneak. | 你是个偷窥狂 |
[16:54] | It’s not fair to keep that a secret from Drea. | 你不该向德雅保密 |
[16:57] | A dirty sneak. | 肮脏的偷窥狂 |
[16:58] | It’s not fair to either of you. | 对你们俩都不公平 |
[17:01] | You don’t know what I want better than I do. | 你不比我知道我想要什么 |
[17:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:16] | Why is Matilda calling? | 玛蒂尔达为什么打电话 |
[17:18] | Does… Does she still like Drea? | 她 她还喜欢德雅吗 |
[17:20] | Yeah, yeah. Yes, I think yes. | 对 是的 我想是的 |
[17:23] | Well, that’s not good news! | 这可不是好消息 |
[17:25] | No, it is, it’s good news, isn’t it? | 不 这是 这是好消息 不是吗 |
[17:26] | Isn’t it? We love love. Don’t we? | 不是吗 我们喜欢爱情 不是吗 |
[17:28] | I had to explain to Drea that… | 我之前跟德雅解释说 |
[17:30] | when someone stops texting or calling | 当一个人停止发信息或打电话 |
[17:32] | it means they’re not interested. | 这意味着他们不感兴趣了 |
[17:35] | Yeah, I mean, that is… | 对 那是 |
[17:36] | I mean, that is good advice. | 那是很好的建议 |
[17:37] | Well… And she believed me | 而且她相信我了 |
[17:39] | because she trusts me. | 因为她信任我 |
[17:41] | What am I supposed to tell her now? | 那我现在该对她说什么 |
[17:42] | What am I supposed to say it means | 当你女友停止给你发信息 |
[17:43] | when your girlfriend stops texting or calling? | 或打电话是我该对她说什么 |
[17:46] | What is the lesson here? | 我们学到了什么教训 |
[17:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:50] | Yeah, I know, that’s not easy. | 对 我知道 这不容易 |
[17:51] | That’s not easy. | 那不容易 |
[17:55] | There were a lot of tears. | 而且当时流了好多泪 |
[17:57] | And not just Drea’s. | 还不止是德雅的眼泪 |
[17:58] | Drea stopped eating, her dog Duke stopped eating. | 德雅不吃不喝 她的狗杜克也是 |
[18:03] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从没见过这种情形 |
[18:06] | And now… | 而现在 |
[18:08] | Nicholas, you have to understand | 尼古拉斯 你得理解 |
[18:10] | that Toby and I were never sure | 托比和我从来不确定 |
[18:12] | – anyone would love Drea the way that we do and… – Yep. | -有人会像我们爱德雅那样爱她 -对 |
[18:15] | A lot of times people can’t see | 很多时候人们看不到 |
[18:16] | why she’s so special… | 她的特别之处 |
[18:19] | but then Matilda did. | 但玛蒂尔达看到了 |
[18:23] | Yeah, I know it’s been hard. Yeah, it’s been, um… | 对 我知道都不容易 一直都 |
[18:26] | Yeah, it’s been hard here too. | 对 我们这也不容易 |
[18:28] | Do you think it’s a good idea | 你觉得这是个好主意吗 |
[18:30] | that we let them talk to each other? | 我们让她们跟彼此谈谈 |
[18:37] | Yeah, um, I don’t know. | 这个嘛 我不确定 |
[18:39] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[18:40] | I’ve never liked it, but… | 我也不喜欢这样 但是 |
[18:42] | maybe we should let them make their own choices. | 或许我们该让她们自己做决定 |
[18:49] | Yeah. Yep. | 对 没错 |
[18:53] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:59] | Are you mad at me? | 你生我的气吗 |
[19:01] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[19:04] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:07] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[19:10] | Were you okay? | 你之前还好吗 |
[19:12] | No. | 不好 |
[19:15] | Are you happy I called? | 我打给你 你开心吗 |
[19:16] | I don’t… I don’t know yet. | 我不 我还不知道 |
[19:18] | Why didn’t you call? | 你为什么打给我 |
[19:20] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[19:23] | Are we… still girlfriends? | 我们…还是女朋友吗 |
[19:28] | I-I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[19:29] | Well… | 这个 |
[19:31] | technically we never broke up. | 严格来说我们从没分手 |
[19:33] | No. We didn’t. | 对 我们没分手 |
[19:38] | I suppose we are still girlfriends. | 我想我们还是女朋友吧 |
[19:41] | Good. | 那就好 |
[19:43] | I’m going to forgive you, | 我打算原谅你 |
[19:45] | I just, I wanna be very clear | 我只是 想说清楚 |
[19:47] | this can never happen again. | 这事永远不能再发生 |
[19:52] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[19:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:08] | Hi, Mother, I can’t talk now, I’m busy. | 妈 我现在不能说话 忙着呢 |
[20:10] | I’ve been walking for three hours a day, | 我现在一天走三个小时 |
[20:12] | with all sorts of people. | 和各种各样的人 |
[20:14] | Well, I’m glad it’s working out well for you. | 我很高兴这对你很有效 |
[20:16] | It’s actually very sad for the world, | 其实这还挺悲哀的 |
[20:17] | but it’s meant that everybody’s had time to catch up, | 但这意味着大家都有时间叙叙旧了 |
[20:19] | it’s been wonderful. | 我过得很滋润 |
[20:20] | No, no, Mum, that’s too many people. | 不不 妈 那样人太多了 |
[20:22] | You’re in a high risk group. | 你是高危人群 |
[20:23] | I don’t think I am. | 我觉得不是 |
[20:25] | But you are though. | 但你就是 |
[20:26] | Well, I don’t think so. | 我觉得不是 |
[20:27] | I’ve never been this fit. | 我从没感觉这么好过 |
[20:28] | I have the ass of a Nepalese Sherpa. | 我的屁股像尼泊尔夏尔巴人一样翘 |
[20:30] | Okay, but you are though, Mum. | 好吧 但你就是高危 妈 |
[20:31] | Hey, I’m gonna call you back, all right? | 我一会打给你 好吗 |
[20:33] | – Well, I don’t believe you. – I will! | -我不相信你 -我会的 |
[20:35] | Did I tell you I’m back on Tinder? | 我有没有说过我又开始用探探了 |
[20:36] | Everybody’s in heat. | 大家都很饥渴 |
[20:37] | You can just feel it coming through the phone. | 你能感觉那股热情从电话里喷涌而出 |
[20:39] | Yeah, okay, Ma, I’m gonna call you back, okay? | 好吧 妈 我一会打给你 好吗 |
[20:42] | I took 15 years off my age, | 我花费了十五年时间 |
[20:43] | but I think that’s okay… | 但我觉得没关系 |
[20:44] | Don’t worry, she can’t hear us. I put her on mute. | 别担心 她听不见 我静音了 |
[20:46] | Can I write you a check? Okay, thank you. | 我能给你支票吗 好 谢谢 |
[20:48] | – Thank you. – Some people are living | -谢谢 -有些人现在 |
[20:50] | very hard lives though, aren’t the? | 活得非常艰难 对吧 |