英文名称:Family Obligations
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:06] | David Steele was my father. | 大卫·斯蒂尔曾是我的父亲 |
[02:45] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[02:49] | I’m so sorry, Peter. | 彼得 我很遗憾 |
[02:51] | So sudden like this. | 太突然了 |
[02:53] | Thank you, Mr. Hearst. | 谢谢您 赫斯特先生 |
[02:55] | They said it was a drunk driving accident. | 听说是醉酒驾驶出了事故 |
[02:57] | Unfortunately. | 很不幸 确实如此 |
[02:59] | I hope they catch the guy. | 希望肇事的人别再逍遥法外了 |
[03:00] | Just terrible these days. | 这些天都不太平了 |
[03:02] | There was no other driver. | 没有别人逍遥法外 |
[03:06] | It was a one-car accident. | 就一辆车 |
[03:10] | It was a tree. | 和一棵树 |
[03:16] | Oh, well. | 这样啊 |
[03:22] | I should probably go. | 我该走了 |
[03:30] | What’s this? | 这是干什么 |
[03:31] | Your dead father’s ashes. | 你爸的骨灰 |
[03:33] | I know what it is. | 我知道这是什么 |
[03:34] | Why do I have it? | 为什么要给我 |
[03:36] | It’s normal for the remains to travel with the family | 骨灰本来就该给家属 |
[03:39] | for the final resting place. | 带他找到安息之处 |
[03:49] | Can you hold that? | 帮我拿一下 |
[04:42] | Good morning, Peter. | 彼得 早上好 |
[04:44] | Did we get a callback from Westchester? | 韦斯切斯特那边有打回来吗 |
[04:46] | How are you? | 过得怎么样 |
[04:48] | Remember, like we’ve been working on. | 不记得了吗 我们还是同事 |
[04:51] | Good morning, Stephanie. | 早 斯蒂芬妮 |
[04:52] | Did we get a callback from Westchester? | 韦斯切斯特那边有打回来吗 |
[04:55] | Eye contact. | 眼神交流 |
[04:58] | I just wanna know you’re trying. | 我只是想知道你在努力改变 |
[05:02] | That phone is hilarious. | 那个电话太滑稽了 |
[05:05] | You’re looking mighty fancy today. | 你今天看起来相当不错啊 |
[05:07] | What’s the occasion? | 去干啥了 |
[05:09] | My father’s funeral. | 我爸的葬礼 |
[05:10] | So I’m expecting to get a callback from Westchester today. | 那我今天还得等韦斯切斯特那边回电话 |
[05:14] | Stephanie? | 斯蒂芬妮 |
[05:15] | Stephanie, no. | 别 斯蒂芬妮 |
[05:16] | No, Stephanie. | 别别别 斯蒂芬妮 |
[05:18] | Please, please, please, please, please, please. | 别别别别别别别别别 |
[05:21] | Do you remember when you cry, | 你别忘了 你每次哭 |
[05:23] | I get a call from Paul in Human Resources, | 人事部的保罗就会打我电话 |
[05:26] | and then I have all that paperwork to fill out. | 然后我就得填一大堆材料 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1114个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:175个,六级词汇:82个,GRE词汇:90个,托福词汇:140个,考研词汇:186个,专四词汇:146个,专八词汇:27个, 所有生词标注共:312个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:28] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 对不起 我很抱歉 |
[05:30] | You know, I’m not good at this. | 你也知道 我不擅长应付这个 |
[05:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:37] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[05:38] | Don’t you wanna take the rest of the day or anything? | 你不想休息一天什么的吗 |
[05:41] | No, I’m fine. | 不用了 我没事 |
[05:43] | I just need to leave in a few to check his house out | 我只需要离开一会儿去看看他的房子 |
[05:47] | and figure out what to do with it. | 我还不知道要拿它怎么办 |
[05:48] | I will be able to be reached on my cell. | 我的手机随时都打得通 |
[05:51] | You mean your house. | 你是说你的房子吧 |
[05:53] | No, I haven’t lived there for years. | 不 我好几年没住了 |
[05:55] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[05:58] | You’re gonna go pack up | 所以你是要去 |
[06:00] | old childhood memories, | 打包你所有的儿时回忆 |
[06:05] | and look at old family photos. | 然后再看几眼老旧的全家福 |
[06:12] | Westchester let me know if they call. | 韦斯切斯特要是打电话了通知我一声 |
[06:50] | You have 12 new messages. | 您有十二条留言 |
[06:53] | This is a message for David Steele. | 此留言留给大卫·斯蒂尔 |
[06:56] | Message deleted. | 留言已删除 |
[06:59] | Mr. Steele, this is Leonard Wolfing | 斯蒂尔先生您好 |
[07:01] | at the county assessor’s office. | 我是县税务办的伦纳德·沃尔芬 |
[07:03] | – We have important. – Message deleted. | -我们有很重要的 -留言已删除 |
[07:06] | Message deleted. | 留言已删除 |
[08:26] | Well, I’m sure you got a lot to think about right now. | 我知道你现在脑子里肯定一团糟 |
[08:28] | I’m sorry to bother you. There’s nothing | 很抱歉还这样打扰你 |
[08:28] | we can do about that. | 但我们也无能为力 |
[08:30] | I’m afraid not. | 能帮一点是一点吧 |
[08:32] | As such, none of this is really in order. | 事实上 这些都没有按照程序来 |
[08:34] | But the good news is it’s all pretty straightforward. | 但好事是程序一点都不复杂 |
[08:36] | Your father kept things pretty simple. | 您父亲把事情整理得相当简单 |
[08:39] | He had a small equity line | 他有一笔小额净值贷款 |
[08:40] | which you’ll cover easily if you choose to sell the house. | 如果你选择卖掉房子那就很好结算了 |
[08:43] | I’d like to just sell it | 我正好想卖掉 |
[08:44] | as soon as possible if I can. | 越快越好 |
[08:45] | I understand that you probable wanna get back to… | 我很理解你可能想回到 |
[08:49] | I’m sorry where is it you live? | 抱歉 请问你现居地在哪 |
[08:51] | Queens. | 皇后区 |
[08:52] | Sunnyside. | 桑尼塞德 |
[08:54] | That close, huh. | 倒是挺近的 |
[08:57] | Why did I think it was Chicago or someplace like that? | 我老觉得你住在芝加哥之类的地方 |
[09:04] | Have you been around recently? | 你最近拜访过你父亲吗 |
[09:05] | No. | 没有 |
[09:08] | Alright, excellent. | 好吧 挺好 |
[09:12] | Well, as I said, you have a house to sell. | 正如我说的 你要把房子卖了 |
[09:13] | He had a few small assets, | 他也有一些小额资产 |
[09:15] | retirement savings, checking, | 攒的退休金 以及支票 |
[09:17] | but really no other major assets. | 但额度都不是很大 |
[09:18] | He had a small line of credit card debt and a car loan. | 他还有小额信用卡债务和汽车贷款 |
[09:24] | But little things here and there. | 都是各种只有一点儿 |
[09:26] | But all and all the market value of the house | 但是里面最有价值的还是房子了 |
[09:29] | you should be able to clear a comfortable sum | 在这些费用结清后 |
[09:30] | after fees etcetera, so. | 可以得到一笔可观的数目 |
[09:33] | Did he have a will? | 他有遗嘱吗 |
[09:35] | – Excuse me? – Is there something | -你说什么 -有什么东西 |
[09:36] | I have to sign? | 是需要我签字的吗 |
[09:40] | No, I’m afraid not. | 不 应该没有 |
[09:44] | You have to forgive me this is not my area of law. | 抱歉 这不是我擅长的法律领域 |
[09:47] | I’m not really doing this in any official capacity. | 我也不是以公职的身份来处理这些的 |
[09:51] | Essentially, as the only child with your mother predeceased, | 不过既然你的母亲已过世 又是独生子 |
[09:54] | you’re the only person with a claim to the assets. | 你就是唯一能继承这些资产的了 |
[10:00] | Hey, Peter. | 对了 彼得 |
[10:05] | When’s the last time you saw him? | 你上次见到他是什么时候了 |
[10:06] | Has he paid you? | 他给你钱了吗 |
[10:07] | What is your fee in all of this? | 你干这么些活要多少钱 |
[10:09] | Oh, no, I’m doing this as a friend. | 不不不 我只是作为一个朋友帮他做这些 |
[10:13] | No charge. | 不收费 |
[10:16] | Is there anything else I can help you with? | 还有什么事我能帮上忙得吗 |
[10:17] | Actually if you know anyone | 如果您在房地产方面认识什么人的话 |
[10:18] | in real estate to show the house. | 可以给他们看看房子 |
[10:20] | I’ll have my assistant give you a list of agents. | 我可以让我的助理给你一份名单 |
[10:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:27] | He was proud of you Peter. | 他对你的成就很骄傲 |
[10:32] | Did he mention me? | 他经常提到我吗 |
[10:37] | Well, sometimes words don’t… | 其实有时候语言并不 |
[10:38] | Thank you, Mr. Hearst. | 谢谢你 赫斯特先生 |
[11:26] | You wouldn’t happen to know the latest | 你知道这栋房产 |
[11:28] | tax assessment on the property, would you? | 最新的征税估价吗 |
[11:30] | No. | 不知道 |
[11:31] | And the plumbing and electric are they the original? | 管道和电力系统也还是原来的吗 |
[11:35] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[11:36] | Did he do any measure of work recently? | 他最近有进行什么整修吗 |
[11:38] | Any work orders or permits? | 收到过工作通知单或者许可证什么的吗 |
[11:41] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[11:44] | Alright, I see. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[11:45] | Well, based on comparables, | 根据房屋买卖历史对比 |
[11:48] | you could probably see high fours | 价格大概能达到四十多万 |
[11:50] | or maybe just over 500,000. | 或者五十万出头 |
[11:56] | Good news for you is that you’re entering a hot season. | 好消息是最近正是买房卖房的旺季 |
[12:01] | Come spring and summer families are looking to move. | 春夏的时候好多家庭都等着搬家 |
[12:03] | They wanna get their kids into better schools, | 他们想让自己的孩子上更好的学校 |
[12:05] | and this neighborhood is great for that. | 正好这附近还挺符合的 |
[12:07] | So if you rip out the carpets | 所以如果你换条地毯 |
[12:11] | maybe a fresh coat of paint on the walls, | 或者是重新刷刷墙 |
[12:15] | you could probably list it at 525 maybe even 550. | 可能能达到52万5 甚至55万 |
[12:19] | What are we looking at as is | 就这么不动的话 |
[12:21] | with furniture and everything? | 大概多少钱 |
[12:23] | Uh, well. | 好吧 |
[12:25] | I would list it at 475. | 我觉得大概47万5 |
[12:28] | You’ll get some people in the door. | 会有人联系你的 |
[12:29] | Let’s do 450. | 定45万 |
[12:32] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:33] | You’d be leaving a lot of money on the table. | 你会亏很多钱的 |
[12:35] | I’d just like to get this over with. | 我只想把它赶紧处理掉 |
[12:39] | Would you be open to rentals… | 你可以考虑一下出租 |
[12:40] | – No. – To get it occupied? | -不了 -租给别人 |
[12:44] | I understand the memories must be difficult. | 我很理解做这个决定一定很难 |
[12:46] | Very difficult. | 是很难 |
[12:47] | Mr. Steele I’m calling from Have a nice day. | 斯蒂尔先生您好 |
[12:48] | Northshore University Hospital Outpatient Services. | 我们是美国北岸大学医院门诊服务 |
[12:52] | We just wanted to confirm with you | 我们想跟您确认一下 |
[12:53] | the date and time of your appointment. | 就诊的日期和时间 |
[12:55] | Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior | 请务必在约定时间前十五分钟到 |
[12:57] | to the scheduled time to update paperwork. | 以及时更新文件资料 |
[12:58] | – Hello. – Mr. Steele? | -你好 -斯蒂尔先生吗 |
[13:00] | Yes, can I give you a different | 是的 我可以给你 |
[13:01] | address and phone number? | 另一个地址和电话吗 |
[13:03] | I’m not gonna be checking my father’s house regularly. | 我近期不会经常来我父亲的房子了 |
[13:06] | Excuse me? | 您说什么 |
[13:07] | I figure you have insurance forms and bills | 我想你们是要填医院的 |
[13:09] | from the hospital from the accident. | 事故保险单什么的吧 |
[13:11] | I was looking for David Steele. | 我要找的是大卫·斯蒂尔 |
[13:13] | That’s my father. | 他是我父亲 |
[13:16] | Is this not about his accident? | 不是关于他的事故的吗 |
[13:17] | Right, David Steele is listed as the family contact | 没错 大卫·斯蒂尔确实在 |
[13:20] | for Francis Steele. | 弗朗西斯·斯蒂尔的家庭联系人里 |
[13:23] | Mr. Steele, are you there? | 斯蒂尔先生 您还在吗 |
[13:24] | This is Peter, Peter Steele. | 我是彼得 彼得·斯蒂尔 |
[13:26] | David Steele is my father. | 大卫·斯蒂尔是我父亲 |
[13:28] | He’s deceased. | 他过世了 |
[13:30] | I’m sorry for your loss, Mr. Steele. | 斯蒂尔先生 我很遗憾 |
[13:33] | Francis Steele, Frank. | 弗朗西斯·斯蒂尔 弗兰克 |
[13:36] | Are you calling about my Uncle Frank? | 你是打来找我叔叔弗兰克的吗 |
[13:38] | Yeah, that sounds correct. | 是的 应该是他 |
[13:39] | Mr. Steele your Uncle Francis Steele | 斯蒂尔先生 您的叔叔弗朗西斯·斯蒂尔 |
[13:41] | receives outpatient treatment on a regular basis. | 正在接受定期的门诊治疗 |
[13:44] | Your father would routinely bring him in for his sessions | 每次您父亲都会带他过来 |
[13:46] | and take him home. | 然后带他回家 |
[13:47] | He’s unable to drive himself. | 他自己不能开车 |
[13:49] | I didn’t know Uncle Frank was alive. | 我不知道弗兰克叔叔原来还活着 |
[13:52] | Be that as it may, Mr. Steele, | 斯蒂尔先生 无论如何 |
[13:54] | Francis Steele is scheduled for his outpatient procedure | 弗朗西斯·斯蒂尔预定于明日中午十一点 |
[13:56] | tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. | 进行门诊 |
[13:58] | Is there some other member of the family | 我还需要通知 |
[14:00] | I should be having this conversation with? | 他的其他哪位家庭成员吗 |
[14:02] | No. | 不用了 |
[14:04] | Just me. | 就我一个 |
[14:06] | Will you be able to bring Mr. Steele | 您明天能按计划 |
[14:08] | in for his procedure tomorrow? | 带他过来吗 |
[14:11] | Yes, I can. | 行 |
[14:13] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢您 |
[14:14] | Please remind him that he should not have anything | 请提醒他午夜之后 |
[14:16] | to eat or drink after midnight. | 不要再进行饮食 |
[14:19] | I’m gonna need an address. | 我需要地址 |
[14:21] | We’re located at 1000 Plaza Drive, Building Four. | 我们的地址是广场路1000号四号楼 |
[14:24] | I’m gonna need my uncle’s address. | 我要我叔叔的地址 |
[15:18] | Don’t you usually wear shorts? | 你平时不是穿短裤的吗 |
[15:22] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[15:23] | Where’s the package? | 包裹在哪 |
[15:26] | Mia, hey, you have to ask. | 米娅 开门前你得问问 |
[15:28] | You have to ask who’s at the door. | 你要问是谁在敲门 |
[15:31] | Sorry, sorry about that. | 对不起 真是对不起 |
[15:33] | How can I help you? | 我能帮你什么 |
[15:34] | I’m looking for Frank Steele. | 我在找弗兰克·斯蒂尔 |
[15:36] | eah, two floors up, 4P. | 再往上两层楼 4P |
[15:38] | I buzzed this apartment, right? | 我刚才按的是你们家门铃 对吗 |
[15:39] | Yeah, yeah. | 是 没错 |
[15:41] | No people have to buzz here | 大家都不按他家的门铃 |
[15:41] | ’cause he broke his buzzer three times. | 他已经弄坏他的门铃三次了 |
[15:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:48] | – Congratulations. – What? | -恭喜 -什么 |
[15:49] | Your shirt you’re pregnant. | 你的T恤写着你怀孕了 |
[15:51] | No, this. | 不 这个是 |
[15:53] | No, it’s laundry day. | 不是 今天刚好洗衣服 |
[15:57] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[15:58] | It’s totally fine. | 没事儿 |
[15:59] | No, it’s totally fine. | 真的没事儿 |
[16:01] | How come you’re here to see Frank? | 你为什么来见弗兰克 |
[16:02] | I’m taking him to the doctor. | 我要带他去看医生 |
[16:04] | Doesn’t someone normally come by and take him? | 平时不是别人来带他去的吗 |
[16:07] | They’re kind of loud, sort of mean? | 他们吵得有点厉害 |
[16:09] | That’s my father. | 那是我父亲 |
[16:10] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:13] | I’m sure you just have to get to know him, then it’s great. | 肯定是多了解他些就好了 |
[16:16] | No, actually you don’t need to get to know him. | 不 实际上你不需要太了解他 |
[16:18] | He’s dead. | 他已经死了 |
[16:20] | – Oh, Jesus. – No, it’s all right. | -天呐 -没关系 |
[16:22] | – I’m so sorry. – It’s all right. | -真是对不起 -没关系 |
[16:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:26] | This is one of the most awkward conversations I’ve had in a very long time. | 这是我有史以来最尴尬的谈话了 |
[16:29] | It is not the most awkward one I’ve had this week. | 这还不算这周我遇到的最尴尬的谈话 |
[16:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:36] | My father died. | 我父亲去世了 |
[16:41] | Yeah. | 是 |
[16:47] | Bye. | 拜 |
[17:03] | Yeah, I’m coming. | 来了来了 |
[17:10] | Frank? | 弗兰克 |
[17:11] | – Uncle Frank? – Yeah. | -弗兰克叔叔 -我是 |
[17:14] | Peter, it’s David’s son. | 我是大卫的儿子彼得 |
[17:16] | I know who you are, | 我知道你是谁 |
[17:18] | and I don’t like the beard. | 我不喜欢你的胡子 |
[17:21] | The hospital called. | 医院打来电话 |
[17:22] | Yeah, where’s your father? | 你爸爸在哪 |
[17:26] | Where’s your father? | 你爸爸在哪呢 |
[17:37] | I’m sorry we didn’t reach you. | 抱歉我们没有联系你 |
[17:38] | – Who’s we? – Me. | -我们是谁 -是我 |
[17:40] | Me, I’m sorry I didn’t reach you. | 我 抱歉我不知道怎么联系你 |
[17:42] | I didn’t know how to reach you. | 我不知道怎么联系你 |
[17:43] | Reach me? | 联系我 |
[17:45] | Yeah, I didn’t have a current address. | 我没有你现在的地址 |
[17:47] | I’ve lived here in this apartment since you were 12-years-old. | 从你十二岁开始我就住在这了 |
[17:50] | Yeah, right, sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:52] | Besides, I wouldn’t have been any use to you anyhow. | 况且我对你来说没有任何用处 |
[17:54] | You could’ve been at the funeral. | 你没能去参加葬礼 |
[17:56] | Oh, God no. | 当然不是 |
[17:57] | Don’t get me wrong. | 别误解我 |
[17:58] | But when you get to where I am, you go to a funeral, | 像我这样的人要去葬礼 |
[18:00] | feels like the barbershop. | 感觉像去理发店 |
[18:01] | You hang around long enough and you’re a mess with a cut. | 你等了大半天还是剪了个糟糕的头发 |
[18:04] | That’s funny. | 真有趣 |
[18:06] | No, it’s not. | 不 一点都不好笑 |
[18:09] | Right. | 好吧 |
[18:10] | About the only privilege to being old and sick | 对于生老病死这是命中注定的 |
[18:12] | you get to do whatever the hell you want. | 你应该做你想做的任何事 |
[18:15] | People stopped telling me what to do. | 别人不能命令我做什么事 |
[18:17] | Sounds pretty good. | 很有道理 |
[18:18] | You want something to drink, anything? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[18:20] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[18:22] | Good, ’cause I’m pretty sure this is my last one. | 太好了 因为我真的就剩这一罐了 |
[18:28] | The hospital said you shouldn’t have anything to eat or drink. | 医院说你有些东西不能吃也不能喝 |
[18:30] | What’s it gonna do, kill me? | 那又怎么样 能杀了我不成 |
[18:33] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[18:37] | Let’s go, on your feet. | 我们走吧 站起来 |
[18:42] | You know where the hell you’re going? | 你知道我们要去哪吗 |
[18:43] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[18:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:51] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[18:54] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[19:00] | Mr. Steele. | 斯蒂尔先生 |
[19:03] | Whoa, what are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[19:06] | You getting a shot back there today I don’t know about? | 你今天也要打一针吗 为啥不告诉我 |
[19:09] | Sit down, kid. | 坐下 孩子 |
[19:10] | I don’t need you to hold my hand back there. | 你不需要你去握着我的手听病情 |
[19:39] | So where are you taking me for lunch? | 中午你带我去哪吃 |
[19:41] | Lunch? | 午饭 |
[19:42] | Yeah, lunch. What’d you think? | 没错 午饭 怎么着 |
[19:43] | You were gonna just drop me unceremoniously back at the house? | 你难道想无礼地直接把我送回家吗 |
[19:46] | Yeah, right. | 对 没错 |
[19:48] | Lunch. | 吃午饭 |
[19:49] | I don’t really know any places around here. | 我不太知道这附近都有什么 |
[19:51] | There was only one place your father and I could agree on, | 这里有一个地方是你爸爸和我都喜欢的 |
[19:54] | a Chinese joint up by my house not far from me. | 离我家不远旁边有一家中国餐厅 |
[19:58] | What, you got a problem with Chinese? | 怎么了 你对中国餐饮有意见吗 |
[20:01] | You afraid to get a little rice stuck in your beard there. | 你害怕米粒粘在你的胡子上 |
[20:04] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[20:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[20:20] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[20:21] | That’s his. | 这是给他的 |
[20:22] | He gets the paper here? | 他在这订报纸了 |
[20:24] | The guy from the newsstand next door banned him. | 隔壁的报亭不卖给他报纸了 |
[20:27] | Do you know why he was banned? | 你知道为什么不卖给他吗 |
[20:29] | Shoplifting couple of times. | 他偷了好几次东西 |
[20:32] | If that ain’t anti-Semite. | 他们这是反犹太行为 |
[20:35] | You’re not Jewish. | 你不是犹太人 |
[20:38] | So what can I get you? | 你要点什么 |
[20:41] | Listen, kid. | 听着 孩子 |
[20:42] | You think you can run to the OTB place a few bets for me? | 你可以开车去赛马场帮我下几个注吗 |
[20:45] | Why, you get banned from there too? | 为什么 你也被那里给禁足了 |
[20:47] | That one was complete BS. | 那完全是胡扯 |
[20:54] | Yeah, the food here is terrible. | 没错 这的东西很难吃 |
[20:57] | Best to just stick with the soup. | 最好沾着汤吃 |
[21:04] | So let me know when the next appointment is… | 告诉我 你下次什么时候去医院 |
[21:06] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[21:09] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[21:10] | I said don’t worry about it. | 我说了用不着担心 |
[21:11] | I’m a big boy. | 我是个成年人 |
[21:12] | If I need to get there, I’ll figure it out. | 如果我想去那 我会自己去 |
[21:14] | Okay, but. | 好的 但是 |
[21:34] | Do you wanna know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[21:37] | Yeah, you? | 对 你 |
[21:38] | It’s a G. | 这是一个G调 |
[21:41] | At least I think it’s a G. | 至少我觉得它是G调 |
[21:44] | I’ve only had two lessons. | 我只上了两节课 |
[21:47] | Mia, don’t be terrorizing the building. | 米娅 别在楼道里打扰别人 |
[21:49] | Go practice in your room. | 回房间去练习 |
[21:51] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[21:52] | Hi, hey, how was the doctor? | 嘿 看病怎么样 |
[21:56] | Weird. | 很怪 |
[21:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:57] | Well, I mean, it’s so kind that you’re taking him. | 我想说 你真是个好人能带他去医院 |
[22:02] | I don’t think he needs me. | 我并不觉得他需要我 |
[22:04] | Well, everyone needs someone, right? | 每个人都需要别人的关心 对吗 |
[22:08] | I mean to say I don’t think that he wants me. | 我的意思是他很嫌弃我 |
[22:12] | Probably means that he needs you even more. | 可能这反而证明他更需要你 |
[22:24] | When is your next appointment? | 你下次的预约是什么时候 |
[22:26] | Thursday. | 星期四 |
[22:28] | We’re eating someplace else. | 我们下次换家餐厅 |
[22:29] | No, we’re not! | 不换 |
[23:09] | Are you with Mr. Steele? | 你和斯蒂尔先生一起的吗 |
[23:11] | – Yes. – Come on back please. | -对 -请过来一下 |
[23:19] | Is he almost ready? | 他快完事了吗 |
[23:21] | Yes, they’re finishing up with him right now. | 是 他们马上就结束了 |
[23:22] | He should be out shortly. | 他应该快出来了 |
[23:24] | I just wanted to address a few | 我只是想处理点 |
[23:27] | concerns we have regarding his treatment. | 关于他治疗的问题 |
[23:29] | Do you know if he’s been taking his medication on a regular? | 你知道他平时是否能按时吃药吗 |
[23:32] | No. | 不清楚 |
[23:33] | No, he hasn’t, or no you don’t know? | 不 是他没吃 还是你什么也不知道 |
[23:38] | What about his diet? | 他的饮食情况呢 |
[23:40] | How about that? how’s that been? | 这个知道吗 饮食怎么样 |
[23:44] | Mister? | 怎么称呼您 |
[23:45] | Steele, you can call me Peter please. | 斯蒂尔 你可以叫我彼得 |
[23:48] | Mr. Steele,how long has it been | 斯蒂尔先生 自从你上次 |
[23:50] | since you last saw your uncle? | 见你叔叔 有多长时间了 |
[23:52] | Years. | 几年吧 |
[23:53] | Are you familiar with Acute Myeloid Leukemia? | 你了解急性骨髓性白血病吗 |
[23:55] | Just from the pamphlet in the lobby. | 从大厅的手册里知道一点儿 |
[23:57] | Well, I’m afraid we’re past | 好吧 恐怕我们已经错过了 |
[23:59] | the point of treating his disease, | 治疗他的疾病的最佳时期 |
[24:00] | and now we’re in a course of pain and symptom management. | 现在只是在控制他的疼痛及其他症状 |
[24:03] | He’s terminal? | 他治不好了吗 |
[24:05] | I like to put it this way. | 应该这样说 |
[24:06] | We’re reshaping what time he does have left. | 我们正努力延长他的生命 |
[24:09] | How much time is that? | 他还有多长时间 |
[24:10] | Well, that’s where it gets tricky. | 这很难说 |
[24:12] | If he takes his medication, comes to his treatments, | 如果他按时吃药做治疗 |
[24:13] | and stays relatively healthy, | 保持一定健康 |
[24:15] | he might have a year or more. | 他可能有一年甚至更长的时间 |
[24:17] | But if he’s not taking his treatment seriously, | 但如果他不好好治疗 |
[24:19] | there’s simply no one of telling what he’s in for. | 没有人能说他能活多久 |
[24:21] | I appreciate that. | 我理解了 |
[24:24] | But I don’t know how to communicate with my uncle. | 但我不知道要怎样和我叔叔说 |
[24:27] | I don’t know how to talk to him, | 我不知道该怎么跟他说 |
[24:30] | and even if I did, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t talk. | 就算我说了 我敢肯定他不愿意跟我聊 |
[24:32] | Mr. Steele, I’m not here to judge. | 斯蒂尔先生 我无法做决定 |
[24:34] | I’m certainly not in a position to have | 我肯定没有资格 |
[24:35] | a philosophical debate about how he lives his life. | 跟他讨论如何乐观地生活 |
[24:38] | I just thought I’d try to enlist your help on our side. | 我只想争取您对我们的帮助 |
[24:41] | I mean no disrespect, but how do you know | 我没有别的意思 但是你怎么知道 |
[24:43] | how he should approach his treatment? | 他应该接受什么样治疗 |
[24:46] | I understand, Mr. Steele. | 我理解你的心情 斯蒂尔先生 |
[24:48] | I just thought it warranted your attention. | 我只是觉得有必要引起你的注意 |
[24:49] | How about bone marrow? | 要是换骨髓呢 |
[24:53] | Bone marrow? | 换骨髓 |
[24:54] | I read in the pamphlet that there is treatments. | 我在宣传册上读到有这种治疗方法 |
[24:57] | I’m afraid we’re past that option. | 恐怕我们没办法办到 |
[24:59] | Could I have been a donor as a relative of his? | 我可以作为他的血亲捐献者 |
[25:03] | We would’ve started there. | 我们可以安排 |
[25:04] | You know, I have some information in the lobby that | 你知道 大厅里有些信息 |
[25:06] | explains all that to you, you want me to grab it for you? | 都可以向你说明 你想要我拿给你看吗 |
[25:07] | No, there’s no point. | 不 没这个必要 |
[25:17] | You always breathe like that? | 你呼吸一直这样吗 |
[25:30] | You know, you can talk. | 你知道 你可以说出来 |
[25:33] | You can talk to me. | 你可以跟我聊聊 |
[25:37] | Do you really think you’re dying? | 你想过你快死了吗 |
[25:39] | Okay, we don’t need to talk. | 好了 我们不需要再谈了 |
[25:44] | I mean, does it feel like you’re dying? | 我是说 你感觉到自己快死了吗 |
[25:47] | That’s what I’ve been told many times. | 他们告诉过我很多次了 |
[25:50] | Do you believe it? | 你相信吗 |
[25:52] | I feel like shit everyday. | 我每天都觉得很糟糕 |
[25:55] | Some days worse than others. | 有些日子比其他日子更糟 |
[25:57] | I realized one thing. | 我意识到一件事 |
[25:59] | I am going to die sooner rather than later. | 我宁可早点去死 |
[26:07] | You talked to anybody about it? | 你和其他人谈过这件事吗 |
[26:08] | Your father. | 你父亲 |
[26:11] | Did he say anything? | 他说什么了吗 |
[26:12] | Your father had qualities. | 你父亲有些良好的品质 |
[26:15] | Emotional support wasn’t one of them. | 但情感支持不在其中 |
[26:20] | I think, we all have those moments. | 我觉得 我们都有这样的时刻 |
[26:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[26:25] | When you’re lying there staring at the ceiling | 当你躺在床上盯着天花板看的时候 |
[26:28] | wondering how it’s gonna end. | 想着自己会怎样死掉 |
[26:31] | Is this it? | 这就是吗 |
[26:33] | Is this the beginning of the end? | 这是死亡的开始吗 |
[26:35] | Or am I thinking that because I don’t know what’s next? | 或是因为不知道会发生什么而在胡思乱想 |
[26:42] | Maybe you’re the one that needs to get checked out. | 也许你才是那个需要检查的人 |
[26:44] | When the end comes, I’ll know it. | 当死亡来临时 我会知道的 |
[26:47] | You seem very sure of yourself. | 你似乎很了解自己的情况 |
[26:49] | And I hate it when I’m right. | 我讨厌这样 因为我是对的 |
[26:52] | Is there anything I could do? | 我能做些什么吗 |
[26:53] | – No. – Can I do anything for you? | -不了 -我能为你做点什么吗 |
[26:55] | No, I’m pretty wiped out after these things, | 不需要 这些事情之后我就精疲力竭了 |
[26:57] | and I just wanna lay down. | 我只想躺下 |
[27:02] | Can you? | 你能 |
[27:04] | Can you? | 你能给我吗 |
[27:06] | What? | 什么 |
[27:08] | The medicine they give me. | 他们给我的药 |
[27:10] | I hate it, and they want me to take it like every night. | 我讨厌它 他们希望我每天晚上都服用 |
[27:14] | It’s supposed to help with the bruising | 应该有助于治疗瘀伤 |
[27:15] | and the clotting and staving off infection. | 还有凝血和避免感染 |
[27:18] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[27:19] | No, it makes me sweat like a whore in church. | 才不 它让我汗如雨下 |
[27:23] | My sheets. | 我的床单 |
[27:25] | Say no more. | 别说了 |
[27:27] | Please. | 拜托 |
[27:28] | It’ll just be a few more days. | 再过几天就好了 |
[27:30] | I will text you the house number, | 我会把房子的电话发给你 |
[27:33] | and you could forward all calls there. | 你可以把所有的电话都转接过去 |
[27:37] | Thank you, Stephanie. | 谢谢你 斯蒂芬妮 |
[27:39] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[27:40] | Hi, again. | 又是你好 |
[27:41] | You’re still at it. | 你还在洗衣服啊 |
[27:42] | Well, yeah. | 是的 |
[27:46] | She has this lucky pair of socks now, | 我女儿现在有一双幸运袜子 |
[27:48] | and she has to wear them every time she has a math test. | 每次数学考试她都得穿上 |
[27:51] | She has a math test tomorrow, so. | 她明天有数学考试 所以你懂的 |
[27:54] | I use to have an owl shirt that I loved. | 我以前有一件非常喜欢的猫头鹰衬衫 |
[27:57] | First thing I wore out of the wash every time. | 因为每次都洗 所以很快就磨坏了 |
[27:58] | So you understand the gravity of this situation. | 所以你在这种情况下明白了重力 |
[28:02] | Kids are so weird. | 孩子们真奇怪 |
[28:04] | I was 27. | 我当时27岁 |
[28:16] | Mrs. Sloan? | 斯隆夫人 |
[28:18] | Mrs. Sloan, this man was using that machine. | 斯隆太太 那台机器这个人在用 |
[28:22] | Doesn’t look like it. | 看起来不像啊 |
[28:23] | He’s standing in front of it with laundry. | 他在洗衣房里站在这台机器面前 |
[28:26] | What else would he be doing? | 你以为他是在干嘛 |
[28:28] | Maybe he was taking his clothes out of the machine? | 也许他刚把衣服从洗衣机里拿出来 |
[28:30] | He’s not. | 不是 |
[28:33] | Do you even live here? | 你是住在这里的吗 |
[28:34] | He’s helping Frank. | 他在帮助弗兰克 |
[28:36] | Do you know Frank? | 你认识弗兰克吗 |
[28:37] | He’s on the fourth floor. | 他住在四楼 |
[28:38] | He’s really, really sick. | 他病的很严重 |
[28:40] | He’s helping him out he’s doing his laundry. | 他在帮他洗衣服 |
[28:41] | Isn’t that so nice, you know, | 这不是很好吗 |
[28:44] | people helping people, love their neighbor? | 人们互相帮助 爱他们的邻居 |
[28:48] | Community building that’s what it’s all about, right? | 社区建设就是这样 对吧 |
[28:58] | We are the world. | 我们就是这个世界 |
[28:59] | We are the children. | 我们就是孩子 |
[29:00] | Bye, Mrs. Sloan, have a great day. | 再见 斯隆太太 祝你愉快 |
[29:05] | Thank you for saving me from the sweet looking lady. | 谢谢你把我从那位可爱的女士手里救出来 |
[29:07] | Oh, no problem. | 没事 |
[29:09] | Mrs. Sloan has just approved of my existence | 斯隆太太刚刚同意我的存在 |
[29:12] | ever since the single mother moved in | 你懂的 我是单身母亲 |
[29:13] | with a slightly loud little girl. | 女儿又那么吵 |
[29:16] | I kind of feel like if you can’t play | 我觉得如果不能利用 |
[29:18] | off the level of contempt she has for me, | 她对我的轻视程度 |
[29:20] | then I’m sort of missing a comedic opportunity. | 那我就错过了一个看戏的机会了 |
[29:25] | I’m trying to be nice to Frank | 我想友善地对待弗兰克 |
[29:28] | because I’m straying from my usual path. | 因为我偏离了我通常的轨道 |
[29:31] | Oh, what’s your usual path? | 你通常的轨道是什么 |
[29:35] | You ever do anyone else’s laundry? | 你有没有洗过别人的衣服 |
[29:36] | Are you kidding me, like one T-shirt in here is mine. | 开玩笑吗 这里面只有一件T恤是我的 |
[29:43] | What’s he doing now? | 他现在在做什么 |
[29:44] | Frank? | 弗兰克吗 |
[29:45] | – Mm-hmm. – He’s sleeping. | -他在睡觉 |
[29:49] | You have somewhere to be while you’re waiting? | 你等的时候有地方去吗 |
[29:51] | No. | 没有 |
[29:53] | Well, do you wanna come up while you wait? | 你等的时候想上来坐会吗 |
[29:56] | I don’t wanna be a bother. | 我不想麻烦你 |
[29:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:02] | It’s not trouble? | 不会麻烦你吗 |
[30:03] | No. | 不会啊 |
[30:04] | No, it’s really no trouble at all. | 一点也不麻烦 |
[30:05] | I mean, I don’t know how much stuff I have in the house. | 我是说 我不知道家里有多少东西 |
[30:08] | But I have coffee, a nice collection of herbal teas. | 但我有咖啡 还有许多不错的花草茶 |
[30:12] | I don’t have anything stronger, I’m sorry. | 我没有烈酒 抱歉 |
[30:14] | I don’t really drink anything stronger. | 我真的并不怎么喝酒 |
[30:17] | Oh, you know what though. | 你知道吗 |
[30:18] | I have just the thing to soothe the weary soul. | 我有能抚慰疲惫灵魂的好东西 |
[30:21] | I can’t get it to. | 我没法办到 |
[30:29] | You are very good at this. | 你很擅长这个 |
[30:31] | Yeah, well, there’s a real learning curve here. | 是的 这有一个真正的学习曲线 |
[30:34] | I mean, I think, that if you stopped Donkey Kong, | 我是说 我想 如果你能打败大金刚 |
[30:36] | you could be a very formidable opponent. | 你就是一位高级玩家了 |
[30:41] | I like the snack table. | 我喜欢这个小吃桌 |
[30:42] | I haven’t seen one of those in ages. | 我很久没见过这样的桌子了 |
[30:44] | We haven’t eaten dinner in our actual kitchen table in like 10 days. | 我们大概有十天没在厨房的餐桌上吃饭了 |
[30:50] | Do you wanna go again? | 你想再来一次吗 |
[30:51] | Sure. | 当然 |
[30:57] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[30:58] | What? | 什么 |
[30:59] | Why don’t you eat at the table? | 你们为什么不在餐桌上吃饭 |
[31:01] | She’s gotten really into Monopoly recently, | 她最近真的很迷大富翁 |
[31:03] | so the table is covered in this like huge sprawling game | 桌子被这个乱七八糟的的大游戏盘占据 |
[31:09] | that we started like a week and a half ago. | 一周半前开始玩的 现在还没完呢 |
[31:12] | I admire the commitment. | 你们很拼啊 |
[31:13] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[31:15] | It’s gotten really out of hand. | 后来变得难以控制 |
[31:16] | We don’t know whose money is who’s. | 我们分不清钱是谁的 |
[31:18] | We don’t even know whose property is who’s. | 我们甚至分不清房子是谁的 |
[31:21] | It’s really more about keeping the game alive | 这时候更像是在让游戏继续下去而 |
[31:24] | at this point than pursuing victory. | 不是追求胜利了 |
[31:27] | That seems to run counter to the whole | 这似乎与整个资本主义精神 |
[31:28] | capitalist spirit of the thing. | 背道而驰了 |
[31:30] | Yeah, well, she’s seven. | 是的 她才七岁 |
[31:32] | She likes the different colors of the money. | 她只是喜欢那些不同颜色的钱 |
[31:34] | Right, right. | 是 没错 |
[31:40] | So do you live around here? | 你住在这附近吗 |
[31:41] | Not far. | 不远 |
[31:43] | How come I’ve never seen you around before? | 为什么我以前从没见过你 |
[31:46] | I haven’t been around before. | 我以前没来过 |
[31:50] | – Actually… – No, no it’s fine. | -事实上 -不 不 没关系 |
[31:52] | I really didn’t wanna pry. | 我真的不想打听 |
[31:54] | Doesn’t feel like prying if we don’t make eye contact. | 如果不进行眼神交流就不觉得是在打听了 |
[31:57] | Okay. | 可以 |
[31:59] | It’s kind of like confession, like a kid in church. | 这有点像忏悔 就像教堂里的孩子一样 |
[32:03] | Not quite comfortable with where that puts me, but okay. | 这比喻让我不太舒服 但是可以 |
[32:10] | So you’re around now. | 所以你现在来这了 |
[32:13] | I haven’t seen my family in years. | 我好几年没见家人了 |
[32:17] | Then I got the call that my father died, | 然后我接到我父亲去世的电话 |
[32:18] | and now I’m here. | 现在就在这了 |
[32:21] | Helping your uncle. | 帮助你叔叔 |
[32:23] | Well, my father was the only one there for him, | 我父亲是他唯一的亲人 |
[32:25] | and I don’t think there’s any other names | 我想家人名单上除了我的名字 |
[32:28] | on that list after mine. | 没有其他名字了 |
[32:36] | How long had it been since you were last around? | 离你上次来这儿多久了 |
[32:41] | Seven years. | 七年 |
[32:43] | No, eight years. | 不 八年 |
[32:47] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:51] | We were not close. | 我们没那么亲近 |
[32:53] | Well, fathers can be challenging. | 父辈有的时候是确实很难去亲近 |
[32:59] | I hear some fathers are nice to watch a ball game with. | 听说有些父亲和孩子一起看球赛很和谐 |
[33:03] | Or go fishing. | 或者去钓鱼 |
[33:04] | Sometimes I like to think that he and I | 有时我想他和我只是 |
[33:07] | didn’t have enough time to find the thing, our thing. | 没有足够的时间去寻找我们的共同兴趣 |
[33:13] | Definitely didn’t know the last time I saw him | 谁能想到我上次见面 |
[33:14] | would be the last time I’d see him. | 会是我最后一次见到他 |
[33:18] | I thought you guys didn’t play this without me. | 我以为你们不会不带着我玩的 |
[33:21] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[33:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:23] | I know, I promise this was just the one exception. | 我知道 我保证这只是一个例外 |
[33:27] | Hi. | 你好 |
[33:28] | – Hi. – I heard you play violin the other day. | -你好 -前几天我听到你在拉小提琴 |
[33:31] | Can I take your picture? | 我能给你照张相吗 |
[33:33] | Sure. | 可以 |
[33:36] | My parents got her this camera for her birthday last month | 我父母在上个月她生日时送了她这个相机 |
[33:38] | and she’s obsessed. | 她就入迷了 |
[33:39] | She wants to take everyone’s picture. | 她想给每个人拍照 |
[33:41] | My mom got me a telescope when I was her age. | 我妈在我这么大的时候给我买了个望远镜 |
[33:44] | I used to ask all the adults to look through it | 我过去常常叫所有的大人都看一看 |
[33:45] | and tell me what they saw. | 然后告诉我他们看到了什么 |
[33:47] | – Really? – Yeah, it turns out | -真的吗 -是的 结果发现 |
[33:48] | adults don’t really know anything about constellations. | 大人们对星座一无所知 |
[33:50] | So there was a lot of awkward conversations. | 所以导致很多尴尬的对话 |
[33:54] | Did the telescope eventually go away? | 望远镜最后不见了吗 |
[33:55] | Tell me it went away. | 告诉我它不见了 |
[33:56] | I’m like really on the brink of | 我真的很快就 |
[33:58] | needing this camera to go away. | 需要这台相机消失 |
[34:01] | I used the telescope every day for years. | 多年来我每天都用这个望远镜 |
[34:03] | Great. | 好吧 |
[34:05] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[34:07] | Do I say cheese? | 我要说茄子吗 |
[34:11] | Act natural. | 表现自然就行 |
[34:13] | How? | 怎么做 |
[34:14] | So. | 所以 |
[34:17] | Just like act natural. | 就像这样自然点 |
[34:21] | Act like you normally would every day. | 就像你平常那样就行 |
[34:24] | I’m trying. | 我尽量 |
[34:29] | This is nerve-racking. | 这让人神经紧张 |
[34:33] | Is that it? | 可以了吗 |
[34:34] | No, that was just her turning it on. | 不 她刚才只是开机 |
[34:36] | Did you do it? | 你拍了吗 |
[34:46] | Thank you for inviting me in. | 谢谢你邀请我来 |
[34:47] | Yeah, of course. | 没事 |
[34:48] | Hey, how’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
[34:51] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[34:53] | Okay, well, anytime you ever need to kill time, | 好吧 不管什么时候你需要消磨时间 |
[34:56] | just knock on the door. | 只要敲一下门 |
[34:57] | We’re usually here. | 我们通常都在家 |
[34:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:00] | I’m Peter by the way. | 顺便一提 我叫彼得 |
[35:03] | I’m Melanie, hi. | 我叫梅勒妮 你好 |
[35:04] | Hi, Melanie. | 你好 梅勒妮 |
[35:05] | – And that is? – That’s Mia. | -她呢 -她是米娅 |
[35:07] | Mia. | 米娅 |
[35:08] | It was nice to meet both of you. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[35:11] | You too. | 我们也是 |
[35:25] | Hey, did they call that prescription in for me from the office? | 他们是不是从办公室打电话给我开的处方 |
[35:28] | I think so. | 我觉得是 |
[35:29] | You think so. | 你觉得是 |
[35:32] | You know what thought did? | 你知道”觉得”能干什么吗 |
[35:34] | What? | 干什么 |
[35:35] | He shot his pants but only thought he did. | 他对着裤裆开枪了 但这只是他觉得 |
[35:37] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[35:39] | My mother used to say that to me all the time. | 我妈妈过去总是这样对我说 |
[35:42] | You never met her, did you? | 你从来没见过她 对吗 |
[35:44] | No. | 对 |
[35:45] | I was probably for the best. | 没见过最好 |
[35:47] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[35:50] | That is a picture of me. | 这是我的照片 |
[35:56] | – What? – I was about to ask you a question | -怎么了 -我正要问你一个问题 |
[35:57] | then I realized I should probably know the answer already. | 但我突然意识到答案我应该早就知道的 |
[36:00] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:02] | Did you ever have a family, kids, wife? | 你有过家人吗 孩子 老婆 |
[36:06] | Nah. | 没有 |
[36:09] | No kids, thank God. | 没有孩子 谢天谢地 |
[36:11] | Could you imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[36:14] | I was married once? | 我结过一次婚 |
[36:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[36:15] | Yeah, two years. | 对 两年的婚姻生活 |
[36:18] | I met her overseas and brought her back here. | 我在国外认识了她 然后把她带回来了 |
[36:23] | God she hated it here. | 天知道她有多讨厌这里 |
[36:25] | Never should’ve happened. | 一切都是个错误 |
[36:26] | I was a kid it was stupid. | 我当时年少无知 |
[36:29] | This was years and years ago | 这都是很多年前的事了 |
[36:34] | right after your mother and father got married | 在你父母结婚之后 |
[36:36] | before you were born. | 生下你之前 |
[36:37] | But nothing after that? | 后来呢 |
[36:39] | Nah. | 没后来了 |
[36:41] | I make the most sense alone. | 我一个人比较舒服 |
[36:43] | Your father did too, to be honest. | 说实话 你父亲也是 |
[36:46] | What do you expect we were practically raised by wolves. | 还能期望什么呢 毕竟我们是狼养大的 |
[36:50] | I don’t remember our old man saying two words to us. | 我爸跟我说过的话从没超过两个字 |
[36:53] | That’s the God’s honest truth. | 我对天发誓我说的是实话 |
[36:56] | Nah, alone, kid, just the way I came in. | 孤独地走吧 就如同我孤独地来 |
[38:06] | – Hi. – Hey, Melanie. | -嗨 -嗨 梅勒妮 |
[38:10] | Are you free for dinner tonight? | 今晚有空一起吃饭吗 |
[38:11] | Is it a sinner? | 是罪人吗 |
[38:13] | Yes. | 对 |
[38:14] | – I’m sorry. – No, no, no. | -我很抱歉 -别别别 |
[38:15] | Don’t be sorry. | 你没必要感到抱歉 |
[38:16] | Alright, I got five more questions. | 我还有五个问题要问 |
[38:18] | She’s making her communion so she has all these | 她在做圣餐礼 所以有一大堆 |
[38:20] | little assignments it’s like a whole… | 小任务要做 就像一个 |
[38:22] | Hold on. M-O-R-T-A-L. | 等下 永远的永 生命的生 |
[38:28] | I just have to make a call. | 我得去打个电话 |
[38:30] | Can you wait until I put her to bed, like 8:15? | 你能等我哄她睡下吗 大概八点十五左右 |
[38:33] | – Yeah. – Cool. | -好的 -太好了 |
[38:34] | So I’ll meet you out front at 8:15. | 我们八点十五外面见 |
[38:37] | – M-O-R. – Yeah. | -永远的永 -好 |
[38:37] | – Wait. – T-A-L. | -等等 -生命的生 |
[38:40] | – You have serious work to do. – Yeah. | – 你还有重要的工作要做 -对 |
[38:42] | – Thanks. – What’s purgatory? | -多谢理解 -炼狱是什么啊 |
[38:44] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[39:02] | – Oh, hi. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[39:03] | – Hi, sorry I’m late. – No trouble. | -对不起 我迟到了 -没关系 |
[39:06] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:07] | Yeah, you look great. | 没事 你看起来很漂亮 |
[39:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:11] | So where are we going? | 我们要去哪里呢 |
[39:13] | What if I told you that I don’t know any restaurants | 如果我说 这附近除了那家糟糕的中餐 |
[39:15] | in the area except for horrible Chinese? | 其他什么餐厅我都不知道呢 |
[39:18] | I would say that I don’t go to any restaurants | 我会说 我不会去任何 |
[39:20] | that don’t have crayons on the table. | 桌子上没有蜡笔的餐厅 |
[39:23] | What can go wrong? | 去了会出什么事呢 |
[39:26] | Alright, we’ll figure it out. | 好吧 去了就知道了 |
[39:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:38] | Is your chair okay? | 你的椅子还好吗 |
[39:39] | Yeah, it’s just. | 嗯 只是 |
[39:42] | – It’s okay. – Wobbly? | -没事了 -会摇晃吗 |
[39:44] | No, they didn’t put it… | 不是 他们没把它放在 |
[39:46] | The table’s at a weird… | 这个桌子在一个奇怪的 |
[39:48] | It’s okay. | 算了 没事 |
[39:59] | So, what do you do when you’re not doing laundry? | 你不洗衣服的时候都会做些什么 |
[40:07] | This is always a crowd pleaser. | 这个环节总能让我感到开心 |
[40:08] | Alright, here we go. | 好吧 是这样的 |
[40:10] | I do telemarketing for web and SEO services. | 我为网络和搜索引擎优化服务做电话营销 |
[40:14] | You call strangers and sell them web services? | 你会打给陌生人然后向他们推销网络服务 |
[40:17] | Yes, is the only accurate answer to that question. | 是的 这是对那个问题唯一准确的回答 |
[40:22] | How would you get interested in that? | 你怎么会喜欢做这种事情 |
[40:24] | I’m not. | 我不喜欢 |
[40:25] | I’m really not interested in that. | 我一点都不喜欢做这种事情 |
[40:26] | I mean I don’t think anyone who does it is interested in it. | 我觉得没有人会因为喜欢而做这件事 |
[40:30] | Basically, it’s just a job. | 这样说吧 它只是一份工作 |
[40:32] | I needed a job when Mia was born. | 米娅出生后我觉得自己需要一份工作 |
[40:35] | I wanted to work from home. | 我想要在家里工作 |
[40:37] | I couldn’t really bear the thought of leaving | 我没办法把她丢给别人养 |
[40:40] | and leaving her with someone and getting a regular job. | 然后自己去做全职 |
[40:43] | So, I got this one, and then I was there for a year. | 因此我找了这份工作 干了一年 |
[40:47] | And then that became two years. | 然后两年 |
[40:52] | Yeah, they do let me pick my own hours. | 他们让我自己决定工作时间 |
[40:56] | They pay for my phone and internet. | 他们会为我支付话费和网费 |
[40:59] | Basically, I sold myself to a huge corporation | 基本上 我把自己卖给了一家大公司 |
[41:01] | for the price of a laptop and a phone to plug in. | 只为了一台笔记本电脑和一台手机 |
[41:06] | Everyone does that. | 每个人都是这样 |
[41:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:08] | You’re making it work. | 你做得很好 |
[41:10] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:12] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[41:13] | I mean, I hope I end up somewhere better. | 我希望情况最后能有所好转 |
[41:16] | You know. | 你明白吗 |
[41:18] | I keep thinking it’ll get easier as she gets older. | 我一直在想 她长大了我就能轻松许多 |
[41:21] | But, she’s seven. | 但她才七岁 |
[41:25] | What’d you do before her? | 你生下她之前是做什么的 |
[41:26] | Nothing. | 无业 |
[41:27] | Nothing, I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[41:28] | Well, I was in school. | 那时我在上学 |
[41:30] | I was a student. | 还是个学生 |
[41:32] | I did have a part-time job folding sweaters at the Gap. | 我倒是有一个在盖璞叠毛衣的兼职 |
[41:35] | Yeah, wow. | 对 |
[41:36] | This was not the plan. | 现在这样不是我的本意 |
[41:38] | What was the plan? | 你的本意是做什么 |
[41:40] | I wanted to be an art teacher. | 我想当一个美术老师来着 |
[41:43] | I always thought that seemed cool. | 我一直觉得那样很棒 |
[41:45] | You could still do that, right? | 你还是可以实现的 不是吗 |
[41:47] | Yeah. | 是可以 |
[41:48] | Technically, yeah, I would need a lot more credits. | 理论上讲 是可以 差的只是钱 |
[41:51] | So the idea of going back to school, | 在学校读书的同时 |
[41:53] | but also having a job, so I can pay the rent | 还挣钱用来付房租 |
[41:55] | and keep the lights on. It doesn’t seem possible | 交水电暖 这样的想法 现阶段来看 |
[42:00] | at this point in my life. | 是不可能的 |
[42:02] | She seems awesome? | 她看起来很优秀 |
[42:04] | Mia, yeah? | 米娅吗 没错 |
[42:05] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[42:06] | She is a lot. | 她很棒 |
[42:08] | She’s a lot all the time. | 总是很棒 |
[42:10] | She kind of just like throws everything at you all at once. | 她就像一个突如其来 从天而降的惊喜 |
[42:14] | I mean, she asks me. | 她会问我 |
[42:15] | The questions that she asks me. | 她问我的那些问题 |
[42:22] | I would actually not like to talk about Mia tonight | 其实我今晚不太想聊米娅 |
[42:26] | if that’s okay? | 你介意吗 |
[42:28] | I just spend basically all my time thinking about her | 我每天基本上无时无刻都在想着她 |
[42:31] | and making decisions for her | 为她做决定 |
[42:33] | and then questioning the decision | 然后又质疑我的决定 |
[42:34] | and beating myself up over every little thing | 为每件小事而纠结 |
[42:37] | – about her, so. – No Mia. | -都是因为她 -不聊米娅 |
[42:39] | – Understood. – Yeah, thank you. | -我知道了 -嗯 谢谢 |
[42:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:45] | You already had a question about her. | 你还是想问一个关于她的问题 |
[42:47] | – Right? – No, it’s okay. | -对吗 -没有 我不想问 |
[42:48] | Go ahead. | 你问吧 |
[42:50] | – You wanna know if… – She has a father? | -你想知道她有父亲吗 -她有父亲吗 |
[42:52] | Yeah. | 果然 |
[42:53] | Is that always the question? | 总是有人问你这个问题吗 |
[42:54] | Always the question. | 总是有人问我这个问题 |
[42:58] | So, yes. | 答案是 有 |
[42:59] | Obviously, Mia has a father, right. | 米娅当然有个父亲 |
[43:03] | She wouldn’t like recognize him. | 但是即使她在大街上碰到她父亲 |
[43:05] | If she ran into him on the street, | 她也不会认出她父亲 |
[43:07] | he would not recognize her. | 相应的 她父亲也不会认出她 |
[43:08] | They’ve never met. | 因为他们从来没见过对方 |
[43:09] | He left before she was born, which sounds awful. | 他在米娅出生前就离开了 听起来很渣 |
[43:13] | But really, I mean, it’s not like he said | 但说实话 情况并不是 |
[43:15] | he was going out for milk and then never came back. | 他说出去买牛奶就再也没回来之类的 |
[43:17] | He ended it face to face. | 他是直接当面跟我摊牌的 |
[43:19] | He was as humane as you can be. | 他和你一样是个善良的人 |
[43:22] | It was rough at the time. | 那段时间真的很艰难 |
[43:24] | But it’s been seven years, | 但毕竟都七年了 |
[43:25] | and I’ve lived every single day without him. | 每一天都是我自己过来的 |
[43:27] | And I can very safely say that he made the right call. | 我现在敢说 他做了正确的决定 |
[43:31] | For him, yes, probably. | 对他来说有可能是正确的 |
[43:34] | For us, definitely. | 但对我们来说 绝对正确 |
[43:36] | I mean, I don’t think it would’ve made sense | 我认为如果我们只是待在一起 |
[43:37] | or been good for Mia if we had just kind of like | 假装这一切都是按部就班 |
[43:40] | stayed together and pretended like that was the plan. | 这对米娅来说没有意义 也没有好处 |
[43:46] | I’m sorry, this is a lot. | 对不起 我说的太多了 |
[43:48] | No, it’s okay. | 没有 没事的 |
[43:49] | I just wanted to at least get to desert | 我只是想在给你讲我的伤心往事之前 |
[43:52] | before giving you my sob story. | 至少先吃点甜点 |
[43:54] | I don’t mind listening to you. | 我不介意当你的听众 |
[43:56] | I’m glad you don’t mind listening to me. | 我很高兴你不介意当我的听众 |
[44:08] | Listen, I’m feeling a little exposed to be honest with you. | 听着 我觉得我说得太多了 说实话 |
[44:12] | I feel like I just gave you all my emotional baggage | 我感觉自己一瞬间把我所有的情感包袱 |
[44:15] | all that once and I don’t know anything about you. | 都交给你了 但我还对你一无所知 |
[44:18] | Can you just even if it out. | 你能不能让我们扯平一点 |
[44:21] | I don’t really have anything. | 可我没什么能说的 |
[44:22] | Just something weird, | 那就分享点奇怪的故事 |
[44:22] | something weird about you or something embarrassing. | 奇怪的故事 或是尴尬的时刻都可以 |
[44:25] | – Anything. – Yeah, yeah. | -什么都行 -好 好 |
[44:27] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[44:28] | Great. | 太好了 |
[44:36] | When I take a shower, | 我洗澡的时候 |
[44:38] | I usually wash my face last. | 总是最后才洗脸 |
[44:41] | Sometimes I get so caught up in my train of thought, | 有时候我会想事情想得出神 |
[44:45] | whatever I’m thinking about, that I don’t remember | 不管我在想什么 都会让我忘记 |
[44:47] | if I washed my face yet or not. | 我有没有洗过脸 |
[44:49] | So I’ll stand there, water beading down on me | 我就会站在那里 任由水落在我身上 |
[44:53] | for five whole minutes, debating with myself | 整整五分钟 自己在心里做斗争 |
[44:57] | whether or not I should wash my face again | 如果我刚才没洗过脸 |
[45:01] | if I hadn’t, in fact, washed it before | 我是该再洗一次呢 |
[45:04] | or if I should get out of the shower | 还是该就这样洗一个 |
[45:06] | not having washed my face at all. | 不洗脸的澡呢 |
[45:12] | That was the worst. | 你可太糟糕了 |
[45:16] | That was the worst. | 太糟糕了 |
[45:18] | That was the worst. | 太糟糕了 |
[45:19] | Yeah, I just bared my soul to you. | 我向你敞开心扉 |
[45:22] | I just told you about raising a kid on my own | 我和你说独自抚养孩子 |
[45:25] | and about my thwarted dreams of being an art teacher. | 以及成为美术老师的愿望破灭 |
[45:31] | You are telling me about washing your face | 你却和我说在洗澡时 |
[45:35] | or not washing your face in the shower. | 要不要洗脸 |
[45:39] | It’s not my fault you went first. | 不是我的错 你先说的 |
[45:44] | How did you know that’s so weird. | 你怎么知道 这很奇怪 |
[45:47] | So, when do you sleep usually? | 那你通常几时睡觉 |
[45:49] | I don’t usually. | 我通常不睡觉 |
[45:53] | Do you wanna hear the routine? | 你想听听我的日常安排吗 |
[45:54] | – Yes. – Okay. | -想 -好的 |
[45:57] | I get Mia off to school at 7:45. | 我7点45分送米娅去学校 |
[46:00] | I get a couple of hours in then. | 然后我有几小时时间 |
[46:03] | Then I do the phone for a couple hours. | 然后打几小时电话 |
[46:06] | Then I’ll do some housework or whatever | 接着做些家务之类 |
[46:09] | until she gets back, and then she’s back. | 直到她回来 然后她回来了 |
[46:10] | So we do her homework. | 我们一起做家庭作业 |
[46:12] | We watch a TV show together. | 我们一起看电视 |
[46:13] | We eat dinner, bath, | 我们共进晚餐 洗澡 |
[46:16] | story, bedtime routine. | 讲故事 这是睡前日常工作 |
[46:17] | Get her off to bed. | 哄她睡觉 |
[46:18] | Put my little headset on that’s for dialing. | 戴上我打电话的小耳麦 |
[46:21] | I’ll try to squeeze in a couple more hours of sleep then | 然后我挤出几小时睡觉 |
[46:23] | because she wakes up for breakfast, hit or miss. | 因为无论我睡不睡 她都会起来吃早饭 |
[46:27] | – Wow. – Yeah. | -厉害 -是的 |
[46:29] | I know, I’ve moved further and further away | 我知道 我这样越久 |
[46:32] | from any kind of normal routine the longer I’ve done this. | 我就离正常的生活越远 |
[46:35] | You’re doing it. | 你就是这样的 |
[46:36] | You’re on your terms together. | 你在按你的方式生活 |
[46:40] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 是的 我不知道 |
[46:44] | I wish I could say that this was all some conscience act | 我想说这些都是有意反抗 |
[46:48] | of defiance to choose to live outside the mainstream thing. | 选择非主流的生活方式 |
[46:53] | Whatever, but this is just the job I have. | 无所谓 但这就是我的工作 |
[46:57] | Most of the time I’m on autopilot. | 大部分时间我都像自动驾驶 |
[47:00] | You’re on a different level. | 你级别不一样 |
[47:01] | You’re making decisions for another person. | 你在替他人做决定 |
[47:03] | I don’t even make decisions. | 我不做决定 |
[47:05] | I’m just carrying out actions, | 我只是行动 |
[47:07] | muscle memory: eat, sleep, work, | 肌肉记忆 吃 睡 工作 |
[47:10] | that shower thing I told you about. | 还有我说过的洗澡 |
[47:15] | No one tells me to do anything. | 没有人要我做什么 |
[47:17] | But, what am I doing? | 但是 我在做什么 |
[47:20] | I’m impressed. | 我心里清楚 |
[47:22] | Believe me, I make it look very hard. | 相信我 我是言过其实了 |
[47:27] | I make enough to pay rent to keep our place, | 我能挣足够的钱支付租金 |
[47:32] | and then my parents pay her tuition at Catholic school. | 我父母支付她在天主学校的学费 |
[47:34] | And once a year they’ll take us on a little vacation. | 他们每年带我们度个小假 |
[47:38] | That sounds nice. | 听着很棒 |
[47:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[47:40] | Yeah, it actually is nice. | 是的 是很棒 |
[47:43] | Most of the time I’m able to look past how | 大部分时间我都能回顾过去 |
[47:45] | disappointing the state of affairs is for all of us. | 我们的经历多么令人失望 |
[47:49] | We did not envision this as our set up. | 我们没有想到会是这样 |
[47:52] | Your daughter has people who love her. | 你深深爱着你女儿 |
[47:54] | Someone’s always there for her. | 总是愿意为她付出 |
[47:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[47:59] | A lot of nights though I end up | 很多晚上我都会失眠 |
[48:00] | just wide awake watching shitty TV | 看看狗血的电视剧 |
[48:04] | or staring at my computer screen or whatever. | 盯着电脑屏幕发呆之类 |
[48:09] | I find 3:00 to 5:00 a.m. to be a difficult time. | 我发现凌晨3点到5点很难熬 |
[48:16] | I’m back at my father’s house. | 我现在回到我父亲的房子住了 |
[48:19] | I’m sleeping in my childhood bedroom. | 我睡在童年的卧室里 |
[48:21] | It’s creepy. | 很可怕 |
[48:24] | I can’t seem to get to sleep. | 我似乎无法入睡 |
[48:26] | But for some reason I keep going back. | 但因为某些原因 我还是一直回去 |
[48:30] | You grew up here? | 你在这长大吗 |
[48:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:34] | And I moved. | 然后我搬家了 |
[48:37] | And? | 然后呢 |
[48:39] | And, my mother died when I was nine. | 我九岁时我妈妈去世了 |
[48:45] | So it was just my father and I. | 所以只剩我们父子俩 |
[48:48] | We’d see Uncle Frank on holidays sometimes, | 有时过节时我们去看弗兰克叔叔 |
[48:50] | but for the most part it was just me and David Steele. | 但大部分时间只是我和大卫·斯蒂尔 |
[48:53] | He pretended to keep it together pretty well | 他假装一切都井然有序 |
[48:55] | until I was about 11. | 直到我大约11岁 |
[48:58] | It wasn’t happy, but it wasn’t bad. | 这事不快乐 但也不太糟糕 |
[49:01] | We greeted each other. | 我们互相打招呼 |
[49:02] | We exchanged pleasantries. | 我们互开玩笑 |
[49:06] | When I think about it now, | 我现在想起这事时 |
[49:08] | I shouldn’t have taken it personally | 我不该认为他是在针对我 |
[49:09] | because he was just dealing with everything, | 因为所有事情都是他在处理 |
[49:13] | this new world without her, as best that he could. | 他在尽他所能应对没有她的世界 |
[49:18] | But I did. | 但我就是这样 |
[49:20] | I took it personally. | 我认为他是在针对我 |
[49:22] | When I was 13, we openly acknowledged the fact that | 我13岁时 我们彼此都承认 |
[49:25] | the house was a miserable place to be | 住在这房子里很糟糕 |
[49:27] | especially when we were both there, | 特别是当我们同时在那里时 |
[49:28] | and so he instituted a new rule. | 所以他制定了一项新规 |
[49:31] | You don’t have to come home on Fridays. | 你周五不必回家 |
[49:33] | “In fact, don’t come home on Fridays” | 实际上是 周五别回来 |
[49:36] | that’s how he said it. | 他这么说的 |
[49:37] | And it seemed like a good idea at the time. | 那时觉得这建议貌似不错 |
[49:42] | You know, we both were looking for something like that. | 你知道 我们都想那样 |
[49:45] | So, I had this one friend, this one good friend, | 所以我有个朋友 一个好朋友 |
[49:48] | this one friend, Matt Rockcamp. | 这个朋友 马特·洛克坎普 |
[49:52] | We were the tech guys in the school play. | 我们是学校里的技术宅 |
[49:55] | We’d do the soundboard and the line board | 我们做共鸣板和线路板 |
[49:57] | and all those switches. | 和那些开关 |
[49:59] | And we had play rehearsals on Saturday mornings. | 我们周六早上排练 |
[50:03] | So Friday like clockwork, | 所以每周五我们的行程都一样 |
[50:07] | we’d go to Matt’s house after school. | 我们放学后去马特家 |
[50:09] | We’d watch Monty Python movies | 我们看蒙提·派森电影 |
[50:13] | and order pizza | 点披萨 |
[50:14] | and sometimes we’d sleep on the screened in porch that he had. | 有时我们睡在他家有屏风的门廊里 |
[50:19] | In the morning, Mrs. R would wake up and make us | 早上 他妈妈把我们叫醒 |
[50:22] | bacon and eggs and these homemade cinnamon rolls, | 给我们做培根鸡蛋和自制肉桂卷 |
[50:26] | not even from the can. | 而不是那种罐头食品 |
[50:28] | You could put on all the icing you wanted. | 上面想加什么都可以 |
[50:33] | When I have any fun inkling of that age, | 当我想起任何那个年龄的乐趣 |
[50:35] | that’s what I think of. | 我就想到这个 |
[50:38] | But, of course, the worse is when I went home | 但是当然 更糟糕的是当我 |
[50:40] | after play practice. | 训练完回家后 |
[50:45] | My father would smoke these cigars | 我爸会抽雪茄 |
[50:47] | and always have the TV glaring like four bars too loud. | 电视也开得震天响 |
[50:52] | I remember getting in the front door | 我记得进了前门 |
[50:54] | and catching that smell and hearing the TV | 闻到那味道 听到电视声音 |
[50:57] | and just being so sad that I was back home. | 感到回家是件很伤心的事情 |
[51:01] | Then the only thing that was actually worse | 唯一更糟糕的是 |
[51:03] | was when I’d get home and he wasn’t there. | 我回家后他不在 |
[51:06] | And then Saturdays turn into Sundays. | 周六回变成周日回 |
[51:07] | And Sundays turned into Wednesdays. | 周日回变成周三回 |
[51:09] | And he was gone more and more. | 他离家的时间越来越多 |
[51:16] | Now Frank is dying of cancer. | 现在弗兰克即将死于癌症 |
[51:21] | And Matt Rockcamp I heard that he moved to Seattle, | 我听说马特·洛克坎普搬去了西雅图 |
[51:27] | and he’s an architect now. | 他现在是建筑设计师 |
[51:34] | I think, you’re doing a really good job | 我想 你对那小姑娘 |
[51:35] | with that little girl. | 真的很不错 |
[51:43] | I can’t believe you told me that shower story | 我简直不敢信你有这种经历 |
[51:44] | while you were sitting on that. | 却和我说那洗澡的事 |
[51:52] | This was fun. | 我很开心 |
[51:53] | Yeah, thank you for coming out. | 是的 谢谢你赏脸赴约 |
[51:55] | Oh, my god, thank you are you kidding me. | 天啊 谢谢 你在开玩笑吗 |
[51:57] | I never have a reason to actually leave | 我平时没什么 |
[52:00] | this apartment building. | 出门的理由 |
[52:03] | I like invent reasons to leave the building. | 我喜欢编造外出的理由 |
[52:06] | I go to the store, get something I already have, | 我去商店 买些已经有的东西 |
[52:10] | or go to the Post Office for new stamps. | 或者去邮局买些新邮票 |
[52:15] | I don’t know. I take Mia to the park. | 我不知道 有时我带米娅去公园 |
[52:17] | She doesn’t even like going to the park anymore. | 她都不再喜欢去公园了 |
[52:20] | I’d go to the park. | 我愿意去公园 |
[52:22] | It’s a little late, but maybe another time. | 太晚了 改天吧 |
[52:24] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[52:34] | So I can’t invite you up. | 我不能邀请你上去 |
[52:36] | I’m not gonna invite you up. | 我不会邀请你上去 |
[52:39] | – No. – Sorry to just say that. | -不 -很抱歉这么说 |
[52:40] | I just wanted to be direct | 我想直截了当些 |
[52:42] | because I feel like Mia’s upstairs, | 因为我觉得米娅在楼上 |
[52:45] | and if she were to hear us come in. | 要是她听见我们进屋 |
[52:48] | She’d get the wrong idea. | 她会想入非非的 |
[52:50] | You don’t want her to bring | 你不希望她 |
[52:52] | strange men into the apartment. | 带陌生男人回家 |
[52:53] | Questions, I don’t wanna deal with her questions. | 一堆问题 我不想接受她的盘问 |
[52:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[52:57] | Okay. | 好了 |
[53:00] | I’m gonna head home and get some sleep | 我要回家去睡会觉 |
[53:02] | before I have to drive Frank in the morning. | 明天早上还要开车送弗兰克 |
[53:05] | Okay, rest up. | 好的 好好休息 |
[53:07] | I will. | 我会的 |
[53:08] | Stop by tomorrow if you want after the doctor. | 你们明天去完医院之后你可以过来 |
[53:11] | – Goodnight. – Thank you. | -晚安 -谢谢 |
[53:13] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[53:39] | So was how was treatment today? | 今天的治疗怎么样 |
[53:41] | What did they tell you about me? | 他们怎么和你说的 |
[53:43] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[53:44] | Don’t play dumb with me. | 别跟我装傻 |
[53:45] | What did they tell you about me? | 他们怎么和你说的 |
[53:47] | They asked me again if you were taking your medication | 他们又问我你是否在服药 |
[53:49] | and how you diet went. | 你的饮食怎么样 |
[53:50] | What are you gonna want, a stool sample next? | 你要什么 粪便样本吗 |
[53:51] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[53:53] | You know, I’ve lived my life on my terms, | 你知道 我一直按自己的方式生活 |
[53:54] | and I’ll see it end on my term. | 我也要以自己的方式结束 |
[53:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[53:58] | It is okay. | 本来就是 |
[54:01] | Why won’t you at least try? | 你为什么不尝试一下 |
[54:02] | You know, your father never gave me shit about this. | 你知道 你父亲从没跟我聊过这些破事 |
[54:05] | He did it the right way. | 他做得对 |
[54:07] | No pain, no suffering, | 没有疼痛 没有煎熬 |
[54:08] | no lingering in the hospital. | 没有天天流连医院 |
[54:10] | Just enough Scotch to make the lines blurry. | 只有喝酒喝到视线模糊 |
[54:11] | The tree does the rest. | 然后就一头撞在树上 |
[54:13] | What? | 什么 |
[54:14] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[54:15] | You don’t know how long I’ve been doing this? | 你不知道我做坚持了多久 |
[54:17] | How many doctors, how many treatments. | 多少医生 多少疗程 |
[54:19] | I get bent out of shape over every instruction, | 医生的每条建议都把我整的够呛 |
[54:21] | and then what the hell am I supposed to do? | 我他妈能怎么办 |
[54:24] | I listened. | 只能听他们的 |
[54:26] | For a long time I listened. | 很久以来我都听着 |
[54:28] | I just can’t. | 我受不了了 |
[54:30] | I just can’t listen anymore, | 我再也听不下去了 |
[54:35] | and I would kindly ask you to respect that. | 我也请你尊重我的选择 |
[54:37] | When I don’t even care enough at this point to do that. | 因为都到这个份上了 我不在乎了 |
[54:56] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[54:57] | I didn’t know you were here. | 我不知道你在这 |
[54:59] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[55:01] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[55:02] | My father’s house? | 我父亲的房子 |
[55:04] | Would you want it? | 你要吗 |
[55:07] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[55:08] | No, maybe it would help. | 不 也许这能帮到你 |
[55:10] | Peter, I can’t afford a house. | 彼得 我买不起房子 |
[55:12] | What if you didn’t have to worry about that? | 如果钱不是问题呢 |
[55:17] | Okay, there’s a light switch outside my bathroom. | 好吧 我浴室外有个电灯开关 |
[55:19] | It’s like one of those pull light switches, | 就是那种拉线开关 |
[55:22] | and it broke months ago. | 几个月前坏了 |
[55:23] | And I just leave the light on. | 然后我就让灯一直开着 |
[55:25] | All the time it’s always on. | 灯一直亮着 |
[55:28] | So I can’t take care of a whole house. | 我说这个是表示 我照顾不了一座房子 |
[55:31] | And also Mia’s in school, | 而且米娅还在上学 |
[55:33] | so we can’t just like move. | 所以我们不能轻易搬家 |
[55:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[55:38] | Of course, you’re right. I’m sorry. | 当然 你是对的 对不起 |
[55:39] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[55:41] | I should probably go. | 我得走了 |
[55:43] | I’m sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打扰你 |
[56:28] | I was knocking for like 15 minutes. | 我敲了十五分钟的门 |
[56:30] | I was wondering where you were. | 我当时想 你在哪里 |
[56:32] | I thought maybe, huh? | 我想也许 |
[56:33] | I was dead? | 我死了 是吗 |
[56:35] | Getting ready to turn it over with this, kid. | 孩子 然后想把这里洗劫一空吗 |
[56:38] | Come on we gotta get going. | 快 我们得走了 |
[56:40] | Pass. | 不去 |
[56:41] | What the hell do did you do in here, Frank? | 你他妈在这里做过什么 弗兰克 |
[56:42] | It smells like you took a dump in here. | 闻起来像是你在这里大便了 |
[56:44] | But you’ll never find it. | 但你永远也找不到 |
[56:48] | Hurry up, come on. | 快点 快 |
[56:50] | Or what? | 不然怎样 |
[56:51] | You’re not listening. | 我说过了 |
[56:52] | I’m not going anywhere today | 我今天哪里都不去 |
[56:54] | or any other day for that matter. | 我永远都不再去看病了 |
[56:55] | You’re doing really well, Frank. | 你做得很好 弗兰克 |
[56:56] | No, no you’re doing really well. | 不 没有 你才做得很好 |
[56:59] | You got a nice little record of on-time deliveries, | 你每次都能准时送我去那里 |
[57:01] | and I’m sure the doctors are all so very proud of you. | 我相信医生们全都为你感到骄傲 |
[57:04] | It’s a game. | 这是个游戏 |
[57:05] | It’s just a game. | 只是个游戏 |
[57:07] | I’m not even a player. | 我甚至都不是玩游戏的人 |
[57:08] | I’m a piece, I’m a pawn. | 我只是枚棋子 一个小卒 |
[57:10] | Move him there, move him here. | 被挪到这里 挪到那里 |
[57:12] | Give him this, try that. | 给他这个 试试那个 |
[57:14] | And I realize I have one move left, | 然后我意识到我还剩一步 |
[57:17] | and I choose not to play. | 我选择不玩了 |
[57:19] | I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, Frank. | 很抱歉你感觉不好 弗兰克 |
[57:21] | Don’t you dare. | 你敢 |
[57:23] | Don’t you dare pity me. | 你敢可怜我 |
[57:25] | I was dying before you walked in this house, | 你来找我前我就快死了 |
[57:27] | and I’ll be dying when you walk out. | 你离开后我还会是这个状态 |
[57:29] | On your feet we’re going, Frank! | 站起来 我们走 弗兰克 |
[57:30] | Or maybe I’ll get lucky. | 或许我会走运 |
[57:32] | Or maybe I’ll just be dead. | 或许我就这么死了 |
[57:36] | I’m not just gonna sit here and watch you die. | 我不会看着你死而坐视不管的 |
[57:38] | Then go! | 那就滚 |
[57:39] | I didn’t ask you to come here. | 我没叫你到这里来 |
[57:40] | I didn’t ask you to take care of me, | 我没叫你来照顾我 |
[57:42] | and I’m sure as hell not going to ask for your permission. | 我也从没打算征求你的同意 |
[57:46] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这样做 |
[57:49] | I’m not doing it to you, kid. | 孩子 我不是针对你 |
[58:01] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[58:02] | Peter, this is Kevin and Renee. | 彼得 这是凯文和蕾妮. |
[58:04] | This is their second look, | 这是他们第二次来看房 |
[58:05] | and, I think, I’m pretty confident to say | 我认为 我很肯定地告诉你 |
[58:08] | you got serious buyers here. | 他们都是有诚意的买主 |
[58:10] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[58:11] | I’m so glad you popped in, Peter. | 彼得 很高兴你能来 |
[58:14] | They were asking me, but I’m sure you know better. | 他们刚问我 这个区的学校怎么样 |
[58:17] | How are the schools in this district? | 不过我觉得你更了解 |
[58:21] | I don’t really know. | 我真的不知道 |
[58:23] | I have to… I’m sorry. | 我得 对不起 |
[58:36] | You know what, kid you’re really starting to piss me off. | 知道吗孩子 你真的开始惹我生气了 |
[58:38] | I was at my desk. | 我坐在办公桌前 |
[58:40] | I was at the office working on an email | 我正在办公室处理一封邮件 |
[58:43] | when the phone rings. | 然后电话响了 |
[58:45] | The call came in that he had died. | 来电说他已经死了 |
[58:48] | I didn’t have an answer to what it’s gonna be again? | 我不知道接下来又会是什么 |
[58:50] | One afternoon the phone rings | 一天下午电话响了 |
[58:52] | and that’s how I find out it’s over. | 我就是这样知道这结束了 |
[58:56] | Come on, what you think that. | 拜托 你怎么想的 |
[58:56] | By being here it’s not gonna happen. | 在这里不会发生那样的事 |
[58:58] | You’re getting that call, kid. | 孩子 你会接到那个电话 |
[59:01] | One way or another you’re getting that call. | 无论如何 你都会接到那个电话 |
[59:03] | I don’t want that. | 我不想那样 |
[59:04] | So what are you gonna do, put a mirror under my nose | 那么你打算怎么办 每次我睡觉时 |
[59:06] | every time I go to sleep? | 都监视我吗 |
[59:14] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[59:16] | Well, you’re here, right? | 你不是来了吗 |
[59:17] | Take me to the store, I need stuff. | 带我去商店 我要买东西 |
[59:26] | Oh, hey, where are boys going? | 你们要去哪里 |
[59:28] | To the beach. | 去海滩 |
[59:30] | You wanna come? | 你们想去吗 |
[59:31] | Please, mommy, please. | 妈 求你了 |
[59:33] | We’re gonna eat clams, french fries, milkshakes. | 我们要去吃蛤蜊 炸薯条和奶昔 |
[59:36] | Please. | 求你了 |
[59:37] | You have homework. | 你还有家庭作业没做 |
[59:38] | Just a little and I take pictures. | 就一会 我去拍照 |
[59:42] | A little favor for a dying old man. | 给一个垂死老人的一点帮助 |
[59:44] | Works every time. | 每次都奏效 |
[59:46] | I thought you had to get stuff from the store. | 我以为你要去商店买东西 |
[59:48] | Better opportunity presented itself. | 但更好的机会出现了 |
[59:52] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[59:54] | We’re here. | 我们来了 |
[59:56] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[59:59] | Yes. | 很好 |
[1:00:00] | Mommy, they don’t have my booster seater here. | 妈 他们车里没有安全座椅 |
[1:00:02] | Yeah, well. | 是的 |
[1:00:04] | You’re gonna have to make an exception this time. | 这次你得破例一次 |
[1:00:05] | They keep these kids in their car seats | 现在的孩子坐安全座椅 |
[1:00:07] | until their wedding night. | 要一直坐到结婚 |
[1:00:09] | When I was kid, we didn’t have car seats. | 我小时候 没有安全座椅 |
[1:00:10] | You sat in somebody’s lap with somebody who smoked, | 我们坐在某人的腿上 那人还会抽烟 |
[1:00:13] | and they blow that smoke in your face. | 他们会把烟喷到你脸上 |
[1:00:15] | If the car hit a bump, | 如果车遇到路面凸起物 |
[1:00:16] | you banged your head. | 你会撞到自己的头 |
[1:00:16] | You turned out just fine. | 你也没事啊 |
[1:00:17] | He’s just mad at me ’cause I’m dying. | 他只是生我的气 因为我快死了 |
[1:00:20] | Mommy, is he really dying? | 妈 他真的快死了吗 |
[1:00:22] | That’s not such a good question to ask. | 这不是个该问的问题 |
[1:00:23] | Because they don’t want you to hear the truth. | 因为他们不想让你听到真相 |
[1:00:25] | Who’s getting hungry? | 谁饿了 |
[1:00:26] | – Me. – Great. | -我 -很好 |
[1:00:29] | Let’s go. | 出发 |
[1:00:36] | What the heck? | 你在搞什么名堂 |
[1:00:38] | I’m taking pictures of the ocean. | 我在拍大海 |
[1:00:40] | Yeah, but why are you taking so many. | 是 但为什么你拍这么多张 |
[1:00:42] | It’s all the same. | 它们全一样 |
[1:00:43] | Because I wanna get all of it. | 因为我想把它全拍下来 |
[1:00:45] | But you can’t get all of it, it’s huge. | 但你不可能全拍下来 它太大了 |
[1:00:49] | Well, maybe I can get most of it. | 也许我能拍下大部分 |
[1:00:53] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[1:00:55] | What do you got there? | 你这里有什么 |
[1:00:56] | – My wallet. – Oh, yeah. | -我的钱包 -是嘛 |
[1:00:57] | How much you got? | 你有多少钱 |
[1:00:58] | 11 bucks, one five and six ones. | 十一美元 一个五元和六个一元 |
[1:01:01] | Oh, yeah, let me show you something. | 是嘛 我教你点东西 |
[1:01:03] | See, you take your money. | 你看 你把你的钱 |
[1:01:06] | You take your big bill, your five. | 你的大票子 五美元 |
[1:01:10] | Then you wrap the ones around it. | 把它包在这些一美元里 |
[1:01:12] | This way when people see it, | 这样 当人们看见它时 |
[1:01:13] | they think you only got a dollar. | 还以为你只有一美元 |
[1:01:14] | Otherwise they see a big bill, | 否则 当他们看到一张大票子 |
[1:01:16] | they’d knock you on the head and they’d take it. | 他们会敲晕你 然后抢走它 |
[1:01:19] | Mom, are they really gonna knock me | 妈 他们真的会为了钱 |
[1:01:21] | in the head for my money? | 敲晕我吗 |
[1:01:23] | Thanks, Frank. | 谢谢 弗兰克 |
[1:01:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:41] | Have a clam. | 吃个蛤蜊 |
[1:01:44] | It’s good, huh? | 好吃 对吧 |
[1:01:46] | When I was a little boy, | 我小的时候 |
[1:01:48] | I use to come here with my brother | 常和我哥一起来这里 |
[1:01:50] | and we would dig them out of the wet sand and eat ’em raw. | 我们把蛤蜊从湿沙中挖出来 然后生吃 |
[1:01:52] | Ew, really? | 好恶心 真的吗 |
[1:01:54] | Oh, yeah, it’s the best way to eat ’em. | 是 这是吃蛤蜊的最佳方式 |
[1:01:56] | One day couple of years ago I was digging, | 几年前的一天 我正在挖 |
[1:01:58] | and this bozo comes up to me. | 有个笨蛋来到我面前 |
[1:01:59] | He says, “The fishing rights on this beach are protected, | 他说 这片海岸的捕捞权受到保护 |
[1:02:02] | “and you can’t do that.” | 你不能这样做 |
[1:02:04] | So I said, “Oh, yeah. | 所以我说 是吗 |
[1:02:06] | “I’m a veteran and I…” | 我是个退伍军人 而且我 |
[1:02:07] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:02:08] | Child. | 别对孩子说这个 |
[1:02:12] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[1:02:13] | I stopped. | 我就没挖了 |
[1:02:15] | Well, that’s good. | 那很好 |
[1:02:16] | You wouldn’t wanna get in trouble. | 你不想惹麻烦 |
[1:02:28] | What’s going on with him? | 他怎么了 |
[1:02:30] | He didn’t go to treatment this morning. | 他今早没去治疗 |
[1:02:32] | He said he doesn’t wanna go anymore. | 他说他再也不想去了 |
[1:02:36] | Sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:02:37] | Then he told me to leave. | 然后他让我走 |
[1:02:39] | So you grabbed him and brought him to the beach? | 所以你抓住他 带他来了海岸 |
[1:02:41] | No, I left. | 没 我离开了 |
[1:02:43] | And then you came back. | 然后你又回来了 |
[1:02:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:02:47] | Okay, look, Peter, I know you’re | 好吧 彼得 我知道 |
[1:02:48] | trying to do something good here. | 你正试着做好事 |
[1:02:50] | – I get that. – Believe me, | -我明白 -相信我 |
[1:02:51] | he’s said that earlier. | 他之前就说过这个 |
[1:02:52] | You have to let him choose now, | 无论你是否喜欢 |
[1:02:55] | whether you like it or not. | 现在你必须让他自己选择 |
[1:02:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:02:58] | Why does he get to choose? | 为什么让他选择 |
[1:02:59] | Because it’s his life. | 因为这是他的生活 |
[1:03:02] | He’s my family. | 他是我的家人 |
[1:03:04] | Can I stand idly by and watch? | 我能袖手旁观吗 |
[1:03:08] | I think, it’s time maybe for you to start saying goodbye. | 我想 也许你是时候开始说再见了 |
[1:03:13] | No, no. | 不 不要 |
[1:03:14] | No one’s asking you to save them. | 没人让你去救他们 |
[1:03:16] | Is this about what I said about the house? | 这与我说房子的事有关吗 |
[1:03:18] | I mean, sort of. | 有点关系 |
[1:03:21] | You come in here and you act like you wanna save the day. | 你来到这里 表现得像是要救人于水火 |
[1:03:25] | I mean, to be honest with you it’s a pretty obnoxious idea | 老实说 这个想法相当令人讨厌 |
[1:03:28] | when you really think about it. | 你仔细想想 |
[1:03:29] | He is a human being. | 他是个人 |
[1:03:31] | We are human beings. | 我们都是人 |
[1:03:32] | We have dignity. | 我们有自尊 |
[1:03:34] | We’re trying to make the best of what we have. | 我们都在竭尽所能地活着 |
[1:03:36] | We don’t need your judgment. | 我们不需要你的指责 |
[1:03:38] | I never judged you. | 我从没指责过你 |
[1:03:39] | I don’t judge him. | 我没指责他 |
[1:03:41] | But you can’t invite me into your lives | 但你不能让我进入你的生活 |
[1:03:43] | then ask me not to touch anything. | 然后让我什么都别碰 |
[1:03:44] | I’m not a child. | 我不是个孩子 |
[1:03:45] | I finally have some power, some ability. | 我终于有了一些力量 一些能力 |
[1:03:49] | Finally, I can do something. Jesus! | 终于 我能做点什么 老天啊 |
[1:03:50] | – I could change things. – Peter, no. | – 我能改变一些事情 -不 彼得 |
[1:03:51] | You are not that powerful. | 你没那么强大 |
[1:03:54] | You don’t have a magic wand | 你没有魔法棒 |
[1:03:55] | that you can just wave in the air | 所以你不能在空中挥一下 |
[1:03:57] | and make all the bad stuff go away. | 就能让所有的坏事消失 |
[1:04:00] | So what do I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[1:04:02] | Nothing? | 什么也不做吗 |
[1:04:03] | Be careful, okay. | 仔细一点 |
[1:04:05] | Be careful thinking that you have the answer | 仔细想想 你找到答案的这个问题 |
[1:04:07] | to something that isn’t your question to begin with. | 根本就不是该你解决的这个问题 |
[1:04:14] | Alright, it’s time to go. | 好吧 该走了 |
[1:04:22] | All right, bye guys. | 好吧 再见 伙计们 |
[1:04:23] | Take care of yourself, Frank. | 弗兰克 你自己保重 |
[1:04:44] | Yeah, that was good. | 是啊 不错 |
[1:04:48] | I had fun. | 挺开心的 |
[1:04:49] | I haven’t been to the beach in God knows how long. | 天知道我多久没去过海滩了 |
[1:04:54] | Glad you’re happy. | 很高兴看到你开心 |
[1:04:55] | Yeah, that’s where I should go. | 是啊 那地方是我该去的地方 |
[1:04:59] | You just went. | 你刚才去了啊 |
[1:05:00] | No, no, that’s where they should bury me. | 不 不 我是说我死了想埋在哪儿 |
[1:05:04] | You know, not bury me. | 你知道我不要土葬 |
[1:05:07] | Scatter me, you know like when they burn you? | 把我撒到那里 就是最后他们会烧了你 |
[1:05:09] | Cremate? | 火化吗 |
[1:05:10] | Yeah, cremate me. | 对 把我火化 |
[1:05:13] | Cremate me. | 把我火化 |
[1:05:15] | But scatter my ashes on the beach. | 把我的骨灰撒那片海滩上 |
[1:05:18] | Let old Frank get lapped up by the ocean | 让老弗兰克在大海里尽情享受吧 |
[1:05:23] | I would like that. | 想想就美 |
[1:06:58] | Hey, kid, what’s up? | 孩子 怎么了 |
[1:07:03] | The house sold. | 房子卖掉了 |
[1:07:04] | Mm, good, good for you. | 嗯 很好 那挺好的 |
[1:07:07] | You get that money. | 你可以拿到钱了 |
[1:07:08] | After bills and such it’s really not that bad. | 我赚的钱够我付账单 我没那么拮据 |
[1:07:11] | Well, good, you deserve it. | 好吧 很好 这是你应得的 |
[1:07:13] | Now put it to good use. | 现在好好使用它吧 |
[1:07:15] | I’ll think something. | 我会想办法的 |
[1:07:17] | I should ask you if you wanted anything | 我应该问你 你是否想要 |
[1:07:19] | anything of my father’s from the house? | 我父亲家里的任何东西 |
[1:07:22] | Nah, besides what would I do with it now? | 不 再说 拿过来我有啥用 |
[1:07:29] | I’m sorry, Frank. | 对不起 弗兰克 |
[1:07:32] | What are you apologizing to me for? | 你为什么要向我道歉 |
[1:07:33] | Well, a lot of things. | 很多事情吧 |
[1:07:37] | Now you don’t need to be sorry to me. | 现在你不必给我道歉 |
[1:07:41] | Thanks, Frank. | 谢谢 弗兰克 |
[1:07:42] | You’re a good kid. | 你是个好孩子 |
[1:07:45] | You go home and get some rest. | 你回家休息一下 |
[1:07:47] | Take care of yourself. | 照顾好自己 |
[1:07:49] | You too. | 你也是 |
[1:07:51] | I’ll see you around, kid. | 再见 孩子 |
[1:08:36] | Hey, Peter. | 嘿 彼得 |
[1:08:39] | We missed you around here. | 我们都很想你 |
[1:08:41] | It is good to be back. | 回来真好 |
[1:08:44] | We were all thinking about you. | 我们都在想你 |
[1:08:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:47] | You know, it’s times like these you need family the most. | 你知道 这时候你最需要家人 |
[1:08:51] | Definitely. | 那是 |
[1:08:54] | Stephanie. | 斯蒂芬妮 |
[1:08:56] | How are things? | 情况怎么样 |
[1:08:58] | Are things okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[1:09:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:09:03] | Thanks for asking. | 谢谢你问我这些 |
[1:09:30] | Hello, Peter. | 你好 彼得 |
[1:09:38] | Hey, Kid. | 嘿 孩子 |
[1:09:39] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[1:09:41] | I got a call from the hospital. | 我接到医院的电话 |
[1:09:44] | They said you made an appointment, | 他们说你做了个预约 |
[1:09:45] | but you needed your kid to pick you up. | 需要你的孩子来接你回去 |
[1:09:48] | Yeah, I didn’t know how to get a hold of you, | 是的 我不知道怎么联系你 |
[1:09:51] | so I figured the hospital could track you down. | 所以我想医院可以找到你 |
[1:09:54] | Your kid? | 你的孩子呢 |
[1:09:56] | I actually said that kid with the dirty beard. | 我说的是那个留着脏胡子的孩子 |
[1:10:00] | You must have changed it. | 你肯定已经让他们改了吧 |
[1:10:11] | I don’t wanna go just yet. | 我现在还不想去 |
[1:10:13] | Okay, we can just hang out and then. | 好吧 我们可以出去走走 |
[1:10:17] | Yeah, that’s good. | 是的 挺好 |
[1:10:18] | You okay? | 你行吗 |
[1:10:20] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没问题 |
[1:10:23] | Starting to think I did this all wrong. | 开始觉得我错了 |
[1:10:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:10:27] | All this. | 所有这些 |
[1:10:29] | I thought I could do this my way. | 我原想我可以这样独自过 |
[1:10:30] | You know, when they find my body | 但你知道这样过 我死了别人可能 |
[1:10:32] | in a couple of week, | 在几周后才发现我的尸体 |
[1:10:33] | when the mail piled up and the stench reached the hallway. | 没取的邮件会堆积如山 尸臭传到走廊 |
[1:10:38] | Now I’m thinking that wasn’t such a good idea. | 所以现在我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[1:10:41] | Take a deep breath, Frank. | 深吸一口气 弗兰克 |
[1:10:42] | It’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[1:10:43] | Listen I’m trying. | 听着 我在努力 |
[1:10:45] | It’s hard. | 但这很难 |
[1:10:46] | I know, I’m here. | 我知道 我在这儿呢 |
[1:10:50] | Thanks, kid. | 谢谢 孩子 |
[1:10:55] | Remember what I told you about how when the end is coming, | 记住我告诉你 当末日来临的时候 |
[1:11:02] | I think, I’ll know it? | 我想 我能有预感 |
[1:11:07] | And what did I say? | 我说过的 |
[1:11:09] | I hate being right. | 我讨厌自己言中的时候 |
[1:11:11] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:11:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:11:18] | It just hit me the other day. | 前几天病情突然严重了 |
[1:11:22] | I didn’t know what to do, | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:11:23] | so I called the hospital. | 所以我给医院打了电话 |
[1:11:26] | I couldn’t think of anything else. | 我没别的办法了 |
[1:11:36] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:11:39] | Frank, look at me. | 弗兰克 看看我 |
[1:11:41] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[1:11:45] | I’m glad they got me. | 我很高兴他们找到我 |
[1:11:49] | Thanks, kid. | 谢谢 孩子 |
[1:11:56] | Frank Steele. | 弗兰克·斯蒂尔 |
[1:12:20] | Want me to go to the store and get you something? | 想让我去商店给你买点东西吗 |
[1:12:21] | No, I just need to… | 不 我只是需要 |
[1:12:24] | I just need to sit down. | 我只需要坐下来 |
[1:12:33] | You know what? Help me up. | 那啥 扶我起来 |
[1:12:36] | I need to go to bed. | 我得去躺着 |
[1:12:37] | Okay, I got it. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[1:12:42] | Can you get me some of that soup I like from the place? | 你能帮我从那家店买碗我喜欢的汤回来吗 |
[1:12:47] | Yeah, I can go and get that. | 可以 |
[1:12:50] | But not right now. | 但现在不行 |
[1:12:53] | I’ll wait until you fall asleep. | 我等你睡着 |
[1:12:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:13:00] | What do you know, kid. | 你知道吗 孩子 |
[1:13:03] | I guess, I was wrong. | 我想我错了 |
[1:13:05] | You just gotta get some rest, Frank. | 你只要休息一下 弗兰克 |
[1:13:07] | I gotta hand it to you, kid. | 我要告诉你 孩子 |
[1:13:10] | Your old man was a rat bastard. | 你老爸是个混蛋 |
[1:13:15] | But you are all right. | 但你不错 |
[1:13:18] | You turned out okay. | 你长成了一个不错的人 |
[1:13:21] | You said it yourself. | 你自己说的 |
[1:13:23] | He should’ve been alone. | 他应该一个人呆着 |
[1:13:25] | Nah, screw that. | 不 去他妈的一个人 |
[1:13:29] | Nobody should be alone. | 任何人都不应该孤独 |
[1:13:32] | Anyone who says that it’s a cop out. | 谁说这话谁就是逃避责任 |
[1:13:36] | It’s easier just pushing people away. | 把人晾在一边比较容易 |
[1:13:43] | Sounds like you’re getting soft in your old age, Frank. | 弗兰克 看来你越老性子越绵了 |
[1:13:47] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:14:02] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[1:14:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:14:14] | I should’ve said that sooner, but I didn’t. | 我本应该早点说的 但我没有 |
[1:14:18] | And it was just because I… | 只是因为我 |
[1:14:19] | You were trying to help. | 你想帮忙 |
[1:14:21] | Yes, I don’t know the first thing about helping. | 是的 我不知道怎么开始帮忙 |
[1:14:23] | I don’t know the first thing helping someone | 我不知道怎么开始帮助别人 |
[1:14:25] | especially like you. | 尤其是像你这样的人 |
[1:14:27] | To be truthful, I don’t know how you do what you do. | 说实话 我不知道你是怎么做的 |
[1:14:30] | I wouldn’t know a normal family dynamic | 如果我突然需要面对家庭 |
[1:14:32] | if it hit me in the face. | 我还不知道一个正常的家庭如何运作 |
[1:14:35] | And I came in here and just… | 我来这里只是 |
[1:14:38] | Hey, you were trying to help. | 你想帮忙 |
[1:14:42] | I’m not very good at that. | 我不太擅长这个 |
[1:14:48] | How’s Frank? | 弗兰克怎么样了 |
[1:14:50] | Frank is… | 弗兰克嘛 |
[1:14:55] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:14:56] | He is full of surprises. | 他带给了我惊喜 |
[1:15:01] | I never thought there was a difference | 我从来没有想过和别人一起过 |
[1:15:04] | between wanting together be someone and just not wanting to be alone. | 和不想独身之间有什么区别 |
[1:15:08] | I’ve been alone, | 我一直独自过活 |
[1:15:10] | and I don’t know if it’s because | 我不知道是因为我想要它 |
[1:15:14] | I’ve wanted it or just because I just haven’t done anything about it. | 还是因为我什么都没做 |
[1:15:21] | Yeah, I know what you mean. | 是的 我明白你的意思 |
[1:15:23] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[1:15:25] | Oh, hi, Peter. | 哦 你好 彼得 |
[1:15:26] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:15:29] | Thanks for all the great stuff. | 谢谢你送的好东西 |
[1:15:30] | I’m glad you liked it. | 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[1:15:32] | I hope you put it to good use. | 我希望你能好好使用 |
[1:15:35] | Come on I have the telescope all set up. | 来吧 我把望远镜装好了 |
[1:15:39] | It’s too bright out now. | 现在外面太亮了 |
[1:15:41] | But later we’ll see lots of stars. | 但以后我们会看到很多星星 |
[1:15:45] | Do you know any of them, any of the constellations? | 你认识某个星星或某个星座吗 |
[1:15:49] | I had a book when I was a kid | 我小时候有本书 |
[1:15:50] | that had all the constellations in it. | 里面有所有的星座 |
[1:15:52] | And there was a list that I’d cross them off | 还有一张列表 每当我找到星星的时候 |
[1:15:54] | with whenever I identify them. | 我都会把找到的从列表中划掉 |
[1:15:56] | That’s sounds awesome. | 听起来很棒 |
[1:15:58] | Okay, we’ll get you the book. | 好的 我们会给你拿这本书 |
[1:15:59] | I told you, we’ll take care of it. | 跟你保证 一定帮你弄到 |
[1:16:01] | I’ll go get my camera. | 我去拿相机 |
[1:16:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:16:04] | Thank God she has not stopped bugging me | 谢天谢地 自从她装了望远镜之后 |
[1:16:06] | about this telescope since she set it up. | 就没再烦我了 |
[1:16:08] | She wants this chart. | 她想要这个星图 |
[1:16:10] | She wants this book thanks to you. | 多亏了你 她才想要这本书 |
[1:16:12] | I mean, she basically wants to survey the entire universe. | 我是说 她基本上想调查整个宇宙 |
[1:16:15] | Hobbies die hard. | 爱好不止 |
[1:16:17] | You know a lot of people think that you can’t see anything | 你知道很多人认为 |
[1:16:18] | through a telescope during the daytime. | 白天用望远镜什么也看不见 |
[1:16:21] | But that’s not true. | 但事实并非如此 |
[1:16:22] | Even where we were in the time of day. | 即使我们在白天的时候也可以看到 |
[1:16:27] | There you are, hello. | 好了 看吧 |
[1:16:29] | That’s Venus. | 那是金星 |
[1:16:31] | What? | 什么 |
[1:16:32] | – No way? – Yeah. | -不可能吧 -可能 |
[1:16:34] | I can show you. | 我可以给你看 |
[1:16:36] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[1:16:40] | Now do you see that little crescent | 现在你看到那个小小的新月形状了吗 |
[1:16:41] | to the left of those clouds? | 就在那些云的左边 |
[1:16:44] | Yeah. Yes. Yeah. | 看到了 |
[1:16:47] | That is Venus. | 那是金星 |
[1:16:49] | That looks like the moon. | 看起来像月亮 |
[1:16:50] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[1:16:52] | That to the right much bigger that is the moon. | 右边那个大得多的是月亮 |
[1:16:58] | – Really? – Yeah, really. | -真的吗 -是的 真的 |