时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Felicity Season 01 Episode 01 | |
[00:14] | Dear Sally… | 亲爱的Sally… |
[00:16] | you should probably be sitting down for this. | 你最好还是坐下来听我说 |
[00:20] | First of all,everything was perfectly fine. | 一开始 一切都非常顺利 |
[00:23] | I mean,you know,on paper. | 我是说 你知道的 表面上的 |
[00:25] | High school was going exactly as it was suppose to. | 高中完完全全是它该是的样子 |
[00:29] | I mean,in three months,I’d be at Stanford pre-med; | 我是说 3个月内我就要去斯坦福 读医学预科 |
[00:32] | Then I’d start my four year residency at one of the Stanford hospital. | 然后在斯坦福其中 一个附属医院实习4年 |
[00:37] | My dad was thrilled. You know | 我爸爸开心死了 你知道 |
[00:40] | Because he’s basically had my life planned out | 在我还是受精卵的时候 |
[00:42] | for me since I was pretty much a zygote. | 他已经把我的人生计划好了 |
[00:47] | I was surrounded by people. | 我被人群包围着 |
[00:49] | Actually looking forward to their lives. | 每个人都很期待自己的未来 |
[00:53] | Benjamin Steven Covington | |
[01:06] | Felicity Elizabeth Porter,graduates with honors. | 荣誉毕业 |
[01:21] | My parents reaction was typically understated. | 我父母的表现还是很保守的 |
[01:34] | So on this day,undoubetly the most exciting of your lives | 从今天开始 毫无疑问 你们的精彩生活即将起航 |
[01:38] | I urge you to savor the possiblities,embrace life | 我热切的希望你们 享受未知 拥抱生活 |
[01:43] | because these…days will not come again. | 因为这些日子…不会再来 |
[01:47] | They say crash victims. People who lose a limb— | 据说因为撞击事故而失去 某部分肢体的幸存者 |
[01:50] | that they can still feel their missing arm or leg,even after it’s gone. | 他们还是能感觉到失去的胳膊或腿 |
[01:52] | even after it’s gone. | 即使它们已经不见了 |
[01:54] | It’s called phantom pain,right? | 被称为幻痛 对吗? |
[01:56] | Well,suddenly,I had this horrible thought: | 突然之间我有了这种可怕的想法 |
[01:59] | What if high school went away | 如果高中过完了 |
[02:01] | but the feeling of it didn’t? | 但高中的感觉还在 该怎么办? |
[02:03] | I-I mean I didn’t feel joy…. | 我是说我并没有感觉到开心…. |
[02:05] | or sorrow…or anticipation. | 或悲伤…或期待 |
[02:07] | Things were going so well | 一切都很好 |
[02:09] | but all I could feel was…was dread. | 但我唯一的感觉却是…不安 |
[02:17] | Three years ago,I held a pint of Ben Covington’s blood. | 3年前 我拿着一品脱 Ben Covington的血 |
[02:21] | I was volunteering at the 10th grade blood drive. | 我为10年级的献血活动 志愿服务 |
[02:24] | That’s about as close as we ever got. | 那是我们距离最近的时候 |
[02:28] | It’s funny. | 有趣的是 |
[02:29] | Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that | 有时最细微的决定 |
[02:31] | can pretty much change your life forever. | 却可以永远改变你的生活 |
[02:33] | I never said that. | 我从没那么说过 |
[02:35] | I’m so proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[02:37] | Mom,y-you know,you know what? | 妈 你知道吗 你知道吗? |
[02:38] | -I cannot deal with this today! Not today! All right? -Fine | – 我不想今天和你纠缠这事 好吗? – 好吧 |
[02:41] | -Not today. -Fine | – 今天不行 – 好吧 |
[02:46] | -Excuse me? -Yeah | – 打扰一下? – 什么 |
[02:47] | I’m Felicity Porter. | 我是Felicity Porter |
[02:49] | Yeah,I know. I’m Ben. | 我知道 我是Ben |
[02:51] | Yeah,I know. I– | 我知道 我… |
[02:53] | I was just wondering if,um,you would mind signing my yearbook. | 我想请你在我的年鉴上签名 不知道你愿不愿意 |
[02:57] | -I don’t have mind with me. -Oh,that’s ok. I– | – 我没带我的 – 哦 没关系 我… |
[03:00] | -here’s a pen for you. -Thanks. | – 给你笔 – 谢谢 |
[03:04] | I just got it today,that’s why,you know,there aren’t any signatures… | 我今天才拿到 所以这上面还没有 签名 |
[03:08] | Except for,um,Mr. Johnson… | 除了Johnson老师… |
[03:10] | who’s here today somwhere,which I was surprised about. | 他今天在这儿出现过 我很惊讶 |
[03:14] | Anywhere would be…great. | 签哪里都可以 |
[03:16] | Can you give me just a minute…to do this? | 可以给我点时间写吗? |
[03:20] | Oh,yeah. Yeah,sure…I’ll….. | 哦 好的 当然…我就… |
[04:13] | Thanks for asking. | 感谢你让我签 |
[04:14] | Oh,ha,ha…good luck on you know— | 好运…你知道… |
[04:18] | Yeah,yeah,yeah. You,too. I’ll see ya. | 是的 是的 你也好运 回见 |
[04:21] | Ok. | 好的 |
[04:26] | So this is what Ben Covington wrote: | Ben Covington写了这些 |
[04:30] | “Dear Felicity,here it goes. | “亲爱的Felicity 是这样 |
[04:34] | I’ve watched you for four years. | 我远观了你4年 |
[04:36] | Always wondered what you were like… | 总在想你是什么样子… |
[04:39] | what was going in on your mind all the time that you were so quiet, | 你脑子里在想什么 一直以来你都很安静 |
[04:42] | just thinking,drawing in your notebook. | 思考 在笔记本里画画 |
[04:46] | I should’ve just asked you,but I never asked you. | 我应该问你的 但我从没问过 |
[04:48] | So,now,four years later,I don’t even know you, | 所以 现在4年过去了 我甚至不认识你 |
[04:52] | but I admire you. | 但我欣赏你 |
[04:54] | Well,this makes me sound crazy, | 听我这么说你会不会 觉得我有点毛病 |
[04:55] | but I’m okay with that. | 但我不介意你这么想 |
[04:58] | So take care of yourself. Love,Ben.” | 好好照顾自己 爱你的 Ben” |
[05:01] | “P.S. I would’ve said ‘keep in touch,’ | “另外 我本想说’保持联系’ |
[05:04] | but unfortunately we never were in touch.” | 可很不幸我们从来也没联系过” |
[05:08] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[05:11] | What are you going to college? | 你去哪儿上大学? |
[05:13] | New York,what about you? | 纽约 你呢? |
[05:16] | That’s pretty unclear. | 还不清楚 |
[05:27] | Suddenly,I knew what everyone else was feeling. | 突然之间 我明白其他人的感受了 (纽约大学) |
[05:42] | How long has this been going on in your mind? | 你想了多长时间了? |
[05:44] | Could you have waited any longer to drop this bomb? | 你就不能等等再吓我们? |
[05:46] | I told you I decided today. | 我跟你说了我今天才决定的 |
[05:47] | I called them | 我给他们打了电话 |
[05:48] | and they said it would take extraordinary circumstances | 他们说要有极特殊的情况 |
[05:50] | to admit someone at this late…. | 才能批准这么晚申请的 学生入校… |
[05:51] | All right! | 好了! |
[05:53] | If you want to make this decision fine. | 你要想做这个决定 可以 |
[05:54] | But I want not,in any way,financially support it. | 但我不会 以任何方式 资助你 |
[05:58] | -Their sending the student – loans… -Loans? | – 他们寄来了学生贷款申请表 – 贷款? |
[06:00] | …and the student work forms with the late application. | 还有学生工作申请表 和晚入学申请表一起 |
[06:02] | I work this hard so you wouldn’t have to go through what I did. | 我那么努力都是为了 你不用向我一样那么辛苦 |
[06:04] | *NO!* Dad,you made it so that I would have to go through | 不 就因为爸爸你是那样 我就不得不 |
[06:07] | *exactly* what you did. | 跟你一样 |
[06:09] | I know you want me to follow in your footsteps,but I just–basically,I *can’t*! | 我知道你想让我继承你的衣钵 但我只是…坦白说 我做不到 |
[06:19] | That was the *worse* summer of my life. | 那是我一生最最惨的夏天 |
[06:41] | So basically,I’ve given up *everything* my parents | 基本上我放弃了我父母 |
[06:45] | *ever* planned for me. | 为我计划好的一切 |
[06:47] | Everything I ever expected,all for a boy,I don’t even know. | 和所有我期待过的 都是为了一个 我甚至不认识的男孩儿 |
[07:11] | I guess,what I’m saying is… | 我说的这一切 |
[07:13] | …this all might be a *colossal* mistake | 很可能都像我爸说的那样 |
[07:15] | as my dad would say. | 是个”巨大”的错误 |
[07:18] | But on the other hand,it might… | 但另一方面 它也可能 |
[07:23] | maybe it’ll save my life or something. | 拯救我的生活或怎样 |
[07:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:28] | Please respond,asap. I miss you. Love,Felicity. | 希望你尽快回音 我想你 爱你的 Felicity |
[07:51] | Next,please. | 下一个 |
[07:53] | Oh,sorry. Thanks. | 哦 抱歉 谢谢 |
[07:57] | Hi. How are you? | 嗨 你怎么样? |
[07:58] | Great. Just look at the dot,please. | 很好 看这个圆点 |
[08:01] | Is my — my hair a disaster? | 我的头型是不是很难看? |
[08:03] | Please be honest because,I, | 拜托你说实话 因为我 |
[08:05] | uh,I’m gonna to have to live with this picture for the next four years. | 我今后4年都得用这张照片 |
[08:07] | -And that’s a *really* long time. -Hey! | – 这可是段很长的时间 – 嗨! |
[08:10] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛? |
[08:12] | Hi! I’m — this is — I’m going — this is where I’m going. | 嗨! 我…这里…我要在这里上学 我要在这里上学 |
[08:17] | I totally forgot you were going here. | 我完全忘了你也要来这里 |
[08:19] | That is so unbelievable. | 太不敢相信了 |
[08:21] | I know this girl from high school. | 她跟我上同一所高中 |
[08:23] | This is Susan. This is — uh… This is — uh… Uh…. | 这是Susan 这是…恩… 这是…恩…恩…. |
[08:27] | Felicity. | |
[08:28] | Felicity. Wow. All right,so,I’ll see ya around? | Felicity 喔 对的 我们回见 |
[08:36] | I,um… | 我… |
[08:39] | basically haven’t really had a lot of time yet to,uh,review | 没有太多时间去浏览 |
[08:46] | the classes and schedules. | 课程和安排 |
[08:48] | I guess I just need a little time to catch up. | 我想我需要点时间来赶上 |
[08:54] | Because,you know,there’s a *lot* to consider now that,uh.. | 因为 你知道 有很多要思考的 关于… |
[09:00] | I’m here. | 我来这儿了 |
[09:06] | I got a phone call from your parents. | 我接到你父母打来的一个电话 |
[09:10] | Your not the first student | 孩子进专业性大学 |
[09:12] | whose parents weren’t a 100% about their kid going to a particular college. | 父母不是很放心 你不是第一个 |
[09:17] | They’re,uh,concerned. | 他们…很担心 |
[09:20] | They’re more then concerned. They’re insulted. | 他们不只是担心 他们无理取闹 |
[09:25] | So do you think my coming here was a bad idea,too? | 你也认为我来这儿是个坏主意? |
[09:30] | Well,really *only* you can answer that. | 只有你自己才能回答 |
[09:32] | But what I can tell you is that,uh,well,New York.. | 但我能告诉你的是 纽约 |
[09:36] | the city as well,as the university,can be a little overwhelming | 这个城市和这所大学 可能会让你有点受不了 |
[09:41] | and is often best suited for the independently minded student. | 通常最适合那些 有独立意识的学生 |
[09:46] | And your parents seem to imply that | 你父母暗示说 |
[09:50] | you might not fit into that category. | 你不是那样的 |
[09:55] | Do you have any specific interests outside of medicine? | 除了医学你有没有在其他方面 有很明确的兴趣? |
[10:02] | I — I draw sometimes. I paint. | 我…我有时画两笔 我喜欢画画 |
[10:05] | I brought you some….. | 我带了一些…. |
[10:07] | you know…some samples. | 你知道…一些小样 |
[10:12] | For whatever it’s worth. | 看看能有什么用 |
[10:18] | My parents said that? | 我父母那么说的? |
[10:28] | When we get through with him, | 等我们学完他 |
[10:29] | Alexander Pope will have become your favorite, | 亚历山大・波普会成为 你们在这个世界上最喜爱的 |
[10:32] | diminutive,Catholic,English,Hunchback poet in the whole world. | 信奉天主教的小个子驼背英语诗人 |
[10:39] | I been doing this a lot of years. | 我教这门课很多年了 |
[10:40] | And I know what’s on a most of your minds right now. | 我知道你们现在都在想什么 |
[10:43] | So let me answer some the inevitable freshman questions. | 所以我先回答一些 作为新生不可避免的问题 |
[10:46] | Or as I refer to them,the “FQ’s.” | 我比较喜欢说”新问” |
[10:50] | Yes,I’m going to….. | 是的 我要… |
[11:14] | -“You okay?” -“no” and “I will be.” | (你还好吗? 不/会好的) |
[11:20] | I will be,thanks | (会好的 谢谢) |
[11:27] | Breathe easy. | 放心 |
[11:30] | Which is not to say that I haven’t had the displeasure of | 但也不是说我这些年 |
[11:33] | handing out some incompletes over the years. | 都没有给人挂过 |
[11:36] | But looking at this group, | 但看看你们 |
[11:38] | I’m confident that this will not be the case this year… | 我相信你们今年都会过的 |
[11:41] | “Is our teachers hair…on backward?”. | (我们老师的头发是不是… 前后颠倒了样?) |
[11:43] | …unless I’m wrong. | …除非我错了 |
[11:46] | And I’ve been wrong before. | 我以前也判断失误过 |
[11:54] | It’s just everything — being in New York, | 只是来了纽约之后的一切事 |
[11:56] | you know,and trying to get my course schedule all figured out. | 费劲安排自己的课程表 |
[11:59] | It’s just a little overwhelming,I guess. | 让我有点受不了 |
[12:01] | God! It is *so* good to hear somebody else say that. | 老天! 也有人这么想真是太好了 |
[12:03] | It’s difficult,right? Just figuring out the system. | 很难 对吧? 搞清楚是怎么一回事 |
[12:06] | You know the *only* two classes that | 我唯一想上的两门课 |
[12:07] | I wanted were filled even by the time I got here. | 在我来这儿之前就报满了 |
[12:09] | Yeah,I know. | 我明白 |
[12:11] | And I have this *really* mysterious roommate situation. | 而且我的室友又很神秘 |
[12:14] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[12:15] | I haven’t even met her yet. | 我还没见过她呢 |
[12:17] | She doesn’t sleep in our room. | 她都不在我们屋睡 |
[12:19] | And she has these…these. these…bone sculptures. | 她还有那些…那些…那些骨雕 |
[12:24] | My roommate has this phobia. | 我的室友有强迫症 |
[12:26] | Of what? | 哪种? |
[12:28] | Well,she cleans everything. | 她清洗一切东西 |
[12:30] | *Everything* in the room smelIs like pine,it’s disgusting. | 屋子里什么都有股松香味儿 太恶心了 |
[12:33] | Come on. | 不会吧 |
[12:34] | I swear to God! | 我发誓! |
[12:35] | She wears a face mask when she goes out. | 她出门都戴面具 |
[12:36] | You might have seen her. | 你可能见过她 |
[12:38] | That’s crazy. | 太变态了 |
[12:39] | That’s my point. | 我就是这意思 |
[12:40] | You know,I know it’s just college,but it’s sort of terrifying,isn’t it? | 虽然只是大学 但还是有点恐怖 不是吗? |
[12:44] | It’s terrifying. | 是很恐怖 |
[12:49] | Oh,my God. That is *so* embarassing. | 老天 那样太尴尬了 |
[12:52] | That is *so* something I would do. | 我也能干出这种事儿 |
[12:53] | ****me | 真不敢相信那不是我 |
[13:07] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么? |
[13:11] | I’ll…be right back. | 我…马上回来 |
[13:15] | -By the way,I’m Felicity. -I’m Julie. | – 顺便说一句 我是Felicity – 我是Julie |
[13:21] | So what’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[13:24] | Um….I just want to preface this by saying | 我事先声明 |
[13:28] | that,uh,I don’t want you to feel weird about anything | 我不希望你对我 接下来要说的话 |
[13:31] | I am about to say. At all. | 感到奇怪 |
[13:33] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[13:35] | Uh…the thing is… | 我要说的是… |
[13:39] | I came to New York… | 我来纽约… |
[13:42] | um…mostly because of you. | 大部分是因为你 |
[13:47] | Yeah,I had these,sort of, | 是啊 我对你有种… |
[13:49] | um..intenses feelings for you back in high school, | 我高中的时候很迷恋你 |
[13:52] | and,uh,even though I know | 即使我知道 |
[13:55] | that we never really talked before graduation, | 毕业前我们从未有过 真正意义上的交谈 |
[13:58] | except that one time when I, | 除了那次 |
[14:00] | uh,was passing out flyer for the blood drive. | 为献血发传单的时候 |
[14:04] | Anyway, | 无论如何 |
[14:05] | maybe the fact that we never did talk was | 也许正是因为我们没讲过话 |
[14:07] | why I had those feelings. | 我才有了那种感觉 |
[14:10] | Because now,of course, | 因为现在 当然 |
[14:12] | I realize,now that it was a crazy thing | 我现在明白了到老远 从3000公里外过来 |
[14:14] | to do to follow someone | 追逐一个自己不认识的人 |
[14:15] | I don’t know 3,000 miles. | 是一件多么疯狂的事情 |
[14:17] | And I sort of panicked about it, | 我现在有点慌了 |
[14:19] | but I just wanted you to know | 但我只想让你知道 |
[14:20] | that I’m past that. | 我现在没事了 |
[14:21] | And I’m — I’m totally ok with it now. | 我现在已经不怎么想了 |
[14:24] | I mean it,you know, | 我是认真的 你知道 |
[14:25] | because it’s really not about you so much anymore. | 因为现在我的状况 跟你关系也不大了 |
[14:28] | I’m here now,you know…. | 我现在在这儿 你知道… |
[14:30] | uh…because…I’m here. | 因为…我在这儿了 |
[14:41] | So,uh,what are you thinking? | 你怎么想? |
[14:48] | I’m — honestly? Honestly? I’m just — | 我…说实话? 说实话? 我只是… |
[14:52] | -I’m just — flattered…. -Good | – 我只是…受宠若惊 – 很好 |
[14:55] | Flattered. By the whole thing,I’m flattered. I am. | 对你说的一切 我受宠若惊 |
[14:57] | Good. That’s really a perfect,perfect answer. | 很好 这个回答非常 非常好 |
[15:00] | Ok,so,uh….can we just be friends? | 我们能做朋友吗? |
[15:04] | -Yeah,sure. -Great | – 可以 当然 – 太好了 |
[15:06] | -Of course. Yeah -Ok | – 当然 是的 – 好吧 |
[15:18] | Work study,isn’t so bad really. | 学习 工作 还是蛮好的 |
[15:20] | I file student applications | 我申请了招生办公室的工作 |
[15:21] | in the admissions office three hours, | 一周3次 |
[15:23] | three times a week. | 一次3小时 |
[15:24] | The one rule, | 但有一条规定 |
[15:25] | the only real *serious* rule is | 唯一的需要遵守的规定 |
[15:27] | to respect the confidentiality of the documents. | 就是要尊重 文件档案的机密性 |
[15:29] | Which mean,of course,that I’m not supposed to read them. | 意思是 当然 我不应该看它们 |
[15:38] | Ok,well,Dad — all right. | 爸爸 好了 |
[15:40] | I’m sorry.This isn’t about what Uncle Harvey deeply feels | 抱歉 Harvey叔叔认为 我应该做什么 |
[15:43] | I should be doing with my life. | 和我要怎样没关系吧 |
[15:45] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[15:46] | I have to go.I-I’m going to get off the phone,all right,you guys? | 我得走了 我要挂电话了 可以吗? |
[15:49] | Ok — can I hang up now,please. | 我可以挂了吗 求你了 |
[15:53] | Thanks. Good-bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[15:56] | -Sorry. Oh God!! -Ah. God. Sorry, | – 抱歉 哦 老天! – 老天 抱歉 |
[15:58] | I didn’t mean to do that. | 我不是故意的 |
[15:59] | Uh,Felicity,right?I’m Noel. | Felicity 对吗? 我是Noel |
[16:01] | I’m the R.A. I’m not a stalker. | 我是宿舍助理 不是变态跟踪狂 |
[16:03] | The resident advisor on the floor, | 这层的宿舍顾问 |
[16:04] | room 729,at the end of the hall. | 住在729号房 就住走廊尽头 |
[16:06] | Just,you know,stopping by to say,yo, | 只是过来打声招呼 |
[16:08] | and welcome and,uh… | 说声欢迎 |
[16:10] | if there’s anything you ever need, | 如果你需要什么 |
[16:12] | I’m kinda like the floor shrink. | 我也可以算作这层的心理辅导员 |
[16:13] | So just,uh,knock. Anytime,ok? | 敲门就是了 随时都可以 好吗? |
[16:17] | Uh,and sorry about the scary part. | 很抱歉吓到你 |
[16:20] | -That’s ok. -Ok. | – 没事的 – 好吧 |
[16:28] | Is now a bad time? | 现在是不是时候不对? |
[16:33] | I was consumed by tempation,which — | 我快经不起诱惑了 |
[16:35] | I-I’ve *never* been consumed by temptation before. | 我以前从没被什么诱惑过 |
[16:38] | And remember the essay question was, | 还记得那个文章题目吗 |
[16:40] | “What was the event that most changed your life?” | “是什么改变了你的生活?” |
[16:42] | right? I mean, | 记得吗? 我是说 有一个可以了解这个男孩儿的 大好机会 |
[16:42] | so here was this chance to *really* learn a lot about this guy. | 记得吗? 我是说 有一个可以了解这个男孩儿的 大好机会 |
[16:45] | So,what,you read this college guy,Ben’s application essay? | 你看了那个Ben同学的 入学申请文章? |
[16:50] | You photocopied this college guy,Ben’s application essay. | 你还影印了一份 |
[16:52] | Is that bad? | 是不是很不好? |
[16:55] | Oh,just read it — please. | 读一下…拜托了 |
[17:00] | “Uh,I never like my older brother. | “我从来不喜欢我哥哥 |
[17:01] | He was too well behaved. Too handsome. Too talented. Too much. | 他行为太得体 太帅 太有天赋 什么都太多了 |
[17:05] | Until I was 13,I lived like a cimmerian in perpetual darkenss. | 我13岁之前都像西米里族人 一样住在永久的黑暗里 |
[17:08] | The darkness of Jonathan’s shadow. | Jonathan的阴影下 |
[17:10] | In 1992…Jonathan died of brain cancer. | 1992年…Jonathan死于脑癌” |
[17:19] | Just,uh….skip down to there. | 跳到那里 |
[17:23] | Uh,”And as I held the college application, | “当我填写大学入学申请的时候 |
[17:26] | it occured to me: although it was his dream, | 脑海里突然出现了这个想法 虽然这是他的梦想 |
[17:28] | this was an act that Jonathan had never experienced. | 但却是Jonathan从未体验过的 |
[17:30] | I had surpassed him simply by surviving. | 我超越他仅仅是因为我活下来了 |
[17:33] | I was older then my older brother now. | 我现在比我哥哥年纪大了 |
[17:34] | And there alone,in my room, | 我一个人在房间里 |
[17:36] | I cried for Jonathan for the first time. | 第一次为Jonathan哭泣 |
[17:38] | I cried for the lost. | 为他失去的哭泣 |
[17:40] | I cried for the love I never knew I had. | 为我从来不知道我还是爱他的 而哭泣” |
[17:46] | Here’s what I need to know. | 我想要知道的是 |
[17:48] | Is it possible to be just friends with someone. | 有没有可能跟一个 |
[17:51] | I have these sort of immoderate feelings for, | 我非常迷恋的人 做朋友 |
[17:54] | or am I doomed forever just to be in love, | 还是我会一直这样下去 就想和他做恋人 |
[17:56] | and ultimately,and I think,signifigantly hurt? | 最终却会严重受伤? |
[18:00] | Absolutely,you can be friends with Ben. | 你当然可以和Ben做朋友 |
[18:02] | -Really? -Yeah,because,see your new here | – 真的吗? – 因为你刚来这儿 |
[18:04] | alright,and your emotions are heightened,everything’s heightened.. | 你的情绪很高涨 对所有事情感觉都很高涨 |
[18:07] | Everything,everything’s so much higher then usual,right? | 都会比平常感觉强烈 对吗? |
[18:10] | So give it a month | 等一个月 |
[18:13] | and things will normalize,I swear! | 事情就会步入正轨 我发誓! |
[18:15] | Ok,trust me. I’m the R.A. | 相信我 我是学生顾问 |
[18:20] | Ok,um,your right. Your right. | 好吧 你说的对 你说的对 |
[18:29] | Thank you. Thank you,Noel. | 谢谢 谢谢你 Noel |
[18:34] | Your welcome,Felicity. | 不客气 Felicity |
[18:40] | I’m making an adjustment to the “George Curve.” | 我对”George Curve”这个题目 作了些调整 |
[18:43] | I’m concened that some of my initial comments….. | 我想我以前做的一些评论….. |
[18:45] | …along the lines of: | …那句 |
[18:46] | “no one will fail this course,” | “没人会挂这科” |
[18:49] | were taken a little to literally and a little *too* liberally. | 说的太快也太武断了 |
[18:52] | By many of you — you know who you are — | 你们大多数人… 你们知道自己的水平 |
[18:56] | and now I know who you are. | 我现在也知道了 |
[18:59] | So,you will see a slight adjustment in today’s assignment. | 所以你们今天的作业 有些调整 |
[19:04] | It’s amazing how much a person can change in two weeks. | 一个人在2周之内的变化 可以很神奇 |
[19:07] | Noel was right,I mean,the old me would have never been able | Noel说的对 以前的我不可能 |
[19:09] | to let go of my expectations. | 没有期待 |
[19:11] | I mean in terms of Ben. | 我是指对Ben |
[19:14] | When he asked me for help | 他来找我帮忙的时候 |
[19:15] | he wanted to make sure,you know that I was okay with things | 他想先知道我是不是没事了 |
[19:17] | and that I wouldn’t feel weird. | 是不是不会感到奇怪 |
[19:18] | Which,I thought,was really amazing. | 我想这真的是很神奇 |
[19:21] | -I cannot live… -So this is what it is — | – 我不能生存… – 所以就是现在这样… |
[19:23] | we’re becoming friends. | 我们在做朋友 |
[19:24] | Which I swear to God,I’m totally okay with. Surprisingly. | 我发誓 我真的不觉得怎样 这非常令人惊讶 |
[19:29] | What do you think she means by that? | 你觉得她什么意思? |
[19:31] | Ok,um,we can look at life,as just life. | 我们审视生活 单纯的生活 |
[19:36] | Being alive… | 就是活着… |
[19:40] | or maybe she means eternal life. | 也许她说的是永生 |
[19:42] | Maybe she’s talking about heaven? | 也许她在讲天堂? |
[19:46] | Yeah,I think that’s right. I think…I think it’s both. | 是啊 我觉得你说的对 我觉得…我觉得两者都有 |
[19:53] | Ok. | 那好 |
[19:57] | How come you never went to any parties in high school? | 你高中怎么没去过派对? |
[20:00] | I…..went to a couple. | 我….我去过几个 |
[20:02] | Just in case you weren’t there on awards day, | 尽量避免去那些你可能会被 评上个什么的 |
[20:04] | I didn’t exactly win most popular. | 我可不受欢迎 |
[20:08] | Oh God,you did? Didn’t you. | 老天 你是被评上了? 是不是 |
[20:10] | You actually won most popular. | 你得了最受欢迎奖 |
[20:13] | Yeah,well,those things are just stupid. | 是啊 那都是些蠢事 |
[20:16] | Come in. | 请进 |
[20:18] | Hey. Hey. I got you this. | 嗨 嗨 我给你搞了个这个 |
[20:23] | It’s a pocket guide to the subway. | 是地铁的口袋指南 |
[20:24] | Sort of a survival thing. | 有了它坐地铁就不用烦了 |
[20:27] | Thanks. You didn’t have to do that,but thanks. | 谢谢 你不用这么做的 但还是谢谢 |
[20:30] | Yeah,it was,uh…don’t worry about it. | 那个…不用客气 |
[20:35] | So….ok…I’ll see ya. | 好吧…我们回见 |
[20:45] | Well,hey,I know we talked about studying for the review tomorrow afternoon, | 我们说好了明天下午一起复习 |
[20:47] | I can’t.I got classes all day. | 但不行了 我一整天都有课 |
[20:50] | Oh,um…wow..well…the review’s Friday,um.. | 考试是星期五 |
[20:54] | What? Do you want to do it tomorrow night? | 明天晚上行吗? |
[20:57] | By the way,have you done the calendar yet or not? | 顺便说一句 你拿到日志了吗? |
[20:59] | What? | 什么? |
[21:00] | Your doing the floor calendar for next month,right? | 下月是你记日志吧? |
[21:02] | Right,don’t I have two weeks for that? | 是的 但不是还有2周吗? |
[21:06] | This is Noel.This is Ben. | 这是Noel 这是Ben |
[21:08] | -How ya doing? -Good. Thanks. | – 你怎么样? – 很好 谢谢 |
[21:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:10] | I’m just making sure you were on top of it. | 我只想确定下你记得 |
[21:12] | I’m on top of it. | 我记得 |
[21:13] | -Ok. | -Ok – 好的 – 好的 |
[21:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:19] | -I’m sorry. -“It’s ok.” | – 抱歉 – 没关系 |
[21:21] | Tomorrow night,I’m actually..um…I made plans with Julie. | 明天晚上 我跟Julie约好了 |
[21:29] | Uh,this was one was just to bug you. | 这次只是想逗逗你 |
[21:32] | All right. Okay,my job’s done. Bye-bye. | 好了 搞定了 拜拜 |
[21:38] | You know what. Why don’t you,Julie and I all go together. | 你觉得怎么样 你和Julie 和我一起 |
[21:41] | Do you think Julie will be okay with that? | Julie那儿行吗? |
[21:44] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:45] | You wanna know the scariest thing so far? | 想知道又有什么吓人的事情 发生了吗? |
[21:47] | I found my roommate doing my laundry. | 我发现我的室友给我洗衣服 |
[21:49] | Who,the clean freak? | 谁 那个变态洗涮狂? |
[21:50] | She didn’t think my underwear was clean enough | 她认为我的内衣不够干净 |
[21:52] | to be in the same room as her underwear. | 不像同一个屋里她的内衣那么干净 |
[21:54] | I’m applying for a room change. | 我要申请换房间 |
[21:56] | Hey,so you know Ben from poetry? | 你知道诗歌课的Ben吗? |
[21:58] | It’s ok,if he comes along tonight,right? | 他今晚也来没关系吧? |
[22:04] | What? | 怎么? |
[22:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[22:09] | You konw,I think I have a handle on it. | 处理这种事情我有自己的原则 |
[22:11] | On what? | 什么事情? |
[22:13] | The Blake poem,our assignment. | 布莱克的诗 我们留的那个作业 |
[22:15] | I-I thought it was tough — but | 我是觉得它很难 但 |
[22:17] | Wait. You said you were desperate though. | 等等 你说你快绝望了 |
[22:20] | Look,seriously,you guys go out. | 说真的 你们去玩吧 |
[22:21] | I don’t want to be a fifth wheel | 我不想做电灯泡 |
[22:29] | Julie,we’re not going out. | Julie 我们不是去玩 |
[22:32] | I mean,we’re studying. | 我们是学习 |
[22:33] | And we all three need to study,right? | 我们3个都需要学习 对吧? |
[22:38] | What is the deal with you guys? | 你们俩什么关系? |
[22:39] | You and Ben –,are you dating or — | 你和Ben 你们是约会还是啥 |
[22:42] | No! Oh,no,we’re just friends. | 不! 不是 我们只是朋友 |
[22:45] | I mean,we know each other from high school. | 我们是高中的时候认识的 |
[22:47] | -Oh. You guys went to the same high school? -Yeah. | – 哦 你们上的同一所高中? – 是的 |
[22:51] | ‘Cause I *really* thought that there was something going on. | 我真的认为你们俩有事 |
[22:53] | No. | 没有 |
[22:56] | I just — I didn’t want to be the one on the outside. | 我只是 我不想被晾在一边 |
[22:59] | Of course not. So,will you come,please? | 当然不会 你会来吧 拜托了? |
[23:09] | In his house!? | 在他家里!? |
[23:11] | In his house? All of ’em,in his house! | 在他家里? 所有人 在他家里! |
[23:14] | Wait. What about the guy,um,who gives his dog a bath? | 等等 那那个给狗洗澡的人呢? |
[23:19] | Right,and to dry it off he places it in the microwave. | 对的 为了弄干狗毛儿 他把它放到微波炉里了 |
[23:21] | Yeah,that is the classic one of all time. | 一直以来这个最经典 |
[23:23] | I heard it was a cat. | 我听说是猫 |
[23:24] | -No,it was a dog. -Are you sure? | – 不 是狗 – 你确定? |
[23:25] | It had to be a dog. | 一定得是狗 |
[23:27] | So anyway,do we know any others? | 我们还知道其他的吗? |
[23:29] | What about the one about the,uh, | 这个怎么样 |
[23:30] | -couple who go to Vietnam? You know that one? -Your just full of them. | – 去越南的夫妇? 知道这么吗? – 看来你知道的不少 |
[23:31] | I got all them all memorized. | 我全都知道 |
[23:33] | That one. The Vietnam one. That’s horrible. That’s disgusting. | 越南的那个 太恐怖了 太恶心了 |
[23:36] | You don’t know that one. | 你不知道那个 |
[23:37] | Ok. I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[23:39] | Will you get me another drink? | 帮我再要杯喝的? |
[23:52] | So I don’t know how your going to feel about this. | 我不知道你对此会作何感想 |
[23:53] | Feel about what? | 对什么的感想? |
[23:55] | Well…What we said the other day about being friends, | 我们那天的说得要做朋友 |
[23:59] | remember that? I mean,I just wanted — | 记得吗? 我想… |
[24:02] | did you mean that? You meant what you said? | 你是认真的吗? 是认真的吗? |
[24:03] | Um. Yeah. I mean… | 是的 我是说 |
[24:08] | of course,I-I did. | 当然我是认真的 |
[24:10] | Why? What are you….? | 怎么? 你要…? |
[24:11] | No,it’s just. Um…I’m kinda into Julie. | 不 只是…我有点喜欢Julie |
[24:15] | And I just wanted to make sure it’s ok. | 我只想确定你没事 |
[24:20] | Oh,no. | 哦 不 |
[24:22] | -No. Oh! Oh! Oh! -I’m so sorry. | – 不是 哦! 哦! 哦! – 我非常抱歉 |
[24:23] | -I thought that you said that — -Don’t — Don’t — No! I — I — there’s nothing to be sorry about. | – 我以为你那么说… – 不 不 不 别这样 不用道歉 |
[24:27] | -I am — actually that’s *really* fine. -Are you sure? | – 我…我真的没事 – 你确定? |
[24:31] | Yeah. Oh,yeah. | 当然 当然 |
[24:34] | Well,what do you think? I mean,I can’t — | 你怎么想? 我是说 我说不好… |
[24:36] | I can’t tell if she likes me or not. | 我说不好她喜不喜欢我 |
[24:37] | I can’t tell from sitting here if I’m talking too much or what? | 我也不知道我是不是说太多了? |
[24:41] | Um. I think,uh,that Julie thinks… | 我觉得Julie认为… |
[24:47] | you know…. | 你知道…. |
[24:49] | What? | 什么? |
[24:53] | That — that your wonderful. | 你很棒 |
[24:55] | Are you serious? | 你说真的? |
[25:36] | Um…hi. Are you Megan? | 嗨 你是Megan吗? |
[25:41] | Yeah. | 是 |
[25:43] | Hi. I’m Felicity,your roommate. | 嗨 我是Felicity 你的室友 |
[26:06] | -Hello? -Ben? | – 你好? – Ben吗? |
[26:08] | No. It’s Sean. | 不是 我是Sean |
[26:09] | Put Ben on. | 让Ben接 |
[26:12] | -Hello? -It’s Felicity. Buzz me up. | – 你好? – 是Felicity 让我上去 |
[26:15] | -You think we can talk tomorrow? -Ben…no! | – 明天再讲可以吗? – Ben…不行! |
[26:31] | How could you write that in my yearbook? | 你怎么能在我的年鉴上写那种话? |
[26:33] | What? | 什么? |
[26:34] | “I’ve watched you for four years, | “我观察了你4年 |
[26:36] | always wondered what you were like.” | 一直在想你是什么样” |
[26:38] | You wrote those words to me. | 你写了这话给我 |
[26:40] | I thought I asked if you were okay with things. | 我好像问过你是不是没事了 |
[26:42] | I was ok.,but that doesn’t mean you actions don’t have consquences. | 我是没事了 但这不代表 你的行为不会造成后果 |
[26:46] | Oh,my actions. What actions are those? | 哦 我的行为 我到底干什么了? |
[26:48] | Oh c’mon. | 哦 拜托 |
[26:49] | Even the slightest behavior means something. | 即使最细微的举动也有着意义 |
[26:52] | That’s so obvious. It’s like physics…nothing happens without an effect. | 这很明显 就像物理… 没什么事情发生却不产生后果 |
[26:55] | Well,I never took physics. | 我从没学过物理 |
[26:56] | No,don’t say you *never* took physics. | 不 别说你从没学过物理 |
[26:58] | Because that’s what you do. You — | 你就是这么做的 你… |
[27:00] | You — you play innocent | 你假装无辜 |
[27:01] | and your charismatic,and you smile | 还有你的魅力 你的笑容 |
[27:02] | and you get away with it, | 就好像是你无意的一样 |
[27:03] | and you made me fall for you! | 你因此让我对你着了迷! |
[27:05] | And this is what’s not fair. And you knew it,and you liked it. | 不公平的在这儿 你知道 而且你很高兴 |
[27:08] | What? Do I like that fact that you like me? Yes,of course,I do. | 什么? 我高不高兴你喜欢我? 是的 我当然高兴 |
[27:11] | When I told you I came here,you said you were flattered. | 我跟你说我来这儿的时候 你说你受宠若惊 |
[27:13] | Flattered? No,I was awkward. | 受宠若惊? 不 我很尴尬 |
[27:15] | I revealed the little of myself in your yearbook. | 我把自己的想法 写在你的年鉴上 |
[27:17] | And you change your college plans. | 结果你改变了你的大学计划 |
[27:19] | I mean,what the hell are we talking about here? | 我们到底在这里讲什么? |
[27:21] | I know you better then you think I do. | 我比你想的要了解你 |
[27:23] | -Oh,you do! -Yes. I know all about your brother. | – 哦 是吗! – 是的 我知道你哥哥的事儿 |
[27:27] | -What? -I read your application essay. | – 什么? – 我读了你的入学申请文章 |
[27:30] | -You read my essay? -Yes! I’ve done one questionably immoral thing in 17 years — | – 你读了我的入学申请文章? – 是的 17年来我就这次不道德了 |
[27:35] | No! No! Wait a second! How did you read my essay? | 不! 不! 等一下! 你怎么看到我的文章的? |
[27:37] | How could you lead me on? You made me fall in love with you? | 你怎么能引诱我? 你让我爱上了你? |
[27:39] | You know what!? Your acting crazy! | 你知道吗!? 你像疯了一下! |
[27:41] | All I did was be nice to you. | 我只是对你友善 |
[27:43] | I never asked you to come here. That was *your* choice,not mine! | 我从来没让你来这儿 这是你的选择 不是我的! |
[27:46] | How can you think you’re in love with me? | 你怎么能认为你爱我? |
[27:47] | You don’t even know me! | 你甚至不认识我! |
[27:53] | -Hey. | -Hey – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[28:14] | I mean,if you think about the,uh, | 如果仔细想想 |
[28:16] | advantages and the disadvantages of,uh… | 在这儿的好处 |
[28:18] | …being here, | 和坏处 |
[28:20] | …compared then taking a semester off and — and going back to Stanford… | 上完这个学期再转回斯坦福 |
[28:25] | in the long run — even in the short run — | 从长远角度 甚至是近期来看 |
[28:28] | I’ll be ahead…you know | 我都会比 |
[28:31] | of the….general,uh, | 普通人走在前面 |
[28:33] | I mean,s-staying here *really* would cost a fortune. | 待在这儿要花不少钱 |
[28:38] | And my dad was right,when he said that he worked really hard to keep me | 我爸爸是对的 他说他非常努力的工作 |
[28:43] | from having to pay for college for like a decade after I graduate. | 好让我在高中毕业后的10年 不用为大学学费发愁 |
[28:47] | you know,and,I should take advantage of that. | 我应该接受 |
[28:54] | And the financial aid office actually… | 助学办公室说… |
[28:57] | said that,uh,they would refund a portion of the semester,so….. | 他们会退还这学期的部分学费 所以… |
[29:03] | My parents are coming on Sunday. | 我父母周日会来 |
[29:06] | Which seems like pretty good timing don’t you think? | 来的真是时候 你不觉得吗? |
[29:12] | So I’m gonna just go back to Palo Alto, | 我就回到帕洛阿尔托 |
[29:15] | and get back on track,you know,and | 回到正轨上 你知道的 |
[29:17] | become a doctor….And,uh,maybe save somebody else’s life. | 成为一名医生 或许去拯救 其他人的生命 |
[29:27] | Ok. Ok. Ok. Um | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[29:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:36] | For,uh… | 因为… |
[29:38] | For your patience. I guess…You must think I’m a real basket case. | 因为你的耐心 你一定认为我没有斗志 |
[29:45] | Look — I,um–ahem. I got a chance to look over your portfolio. | 我看了你的画集 |
[29:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[29:51] | And I’m not saying you wouln’t make an exceptional physician,but… | 我不是说你不会成为一名 优秀的医生 |
[29:56] | You’re already an artist. | 但你已经是艺术家了 |
[30:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:26] | This was outside your door. | 这个在你门外 |
[30:33] | Must have been put in the wrong mailbox by mistake | 一定是被放错邮箱了 |
[30:35] | which would be…pretty weird for the mailroom. | 传达室很少犯这种错误 |
[30:46] | Who’s it from? | 谁寄的? |
[30:48] | My French tutor. She,uh…. | 我的法语老师 她… |
[30:52] | we worked together for years,and…. | 她教了我很多年 |
[30:56] | she was supposed to be married, | 她本要结婚的 |
[30:58] | You are pulled but three months before her wedding her fiance was killed. | 就在婚礼前3个月她未婚夫被杀了 |
[31:02] | He was,um,on a motorcycle,and the guy who hit him was in a jeep. | 他骑摩托 撞他那个开吉普 |
[31:07] | Sally,sort of couldn’t deal,so she moved away | Sally不能接受 所以她搬走了 |
[31:10] | just ’cause I guess she had too. | 我觉得她不得不那样做 |
[31:13] | I’ve never been able to talk to anyone like I could talk to her. | 我跟所有人说话都不能像 跟她说话那样 |
[31:16] | So,instead of writing,I talk to her, | 所以 我给她录音而不是写信 |
[31:19] | and she talks back to me. | 她也录音回我 |
[31:22] | And that’s who that’s from. | 这个就是从她那儿寄来的 |
[31:26] | I’m sure you felt the same thing when Jonathan died. | Jonathan死的时候你一定也是 同样的感受 |
[31:31] | Listen,I need to talk to you. | 我有话跟你说 |
[31:33] | I’m sorry about the other night. I— | 那晚我很抱歉 我… |
[31:37] | Maybe we could go up on the roof or something. | 我们去天台还是哪儿待会儿吧 |
[31:43] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[31:58] | What I wanted to say to you. | 你那天晚上来找我之后 |
[32:00] | What I’ve been thinking about since you came to see me the other night | 我就一直想告诉你 |
[32:04] | is the truth. | 真相 |
[32:06] | And the fact is,Felicity | 事实是 Felicity |
[32:09] | the thing I wanted to share with you is that | 我想让你知道的是 |
[32:12] | I never had a brother,ever. | 我从来没有哥哥 |
[32:16] | I mean,I had to write something,right? | 我一定的得写点儿什么 对吧? |
[32:17] | So I wrote all this — | 所以我就写了那些 |
[32:20] | well,you read what I wrote. | 你看了我写的 |
[32:22] | And I wanted to tell you because…. | 我想告诉你是因为…. |
[32:25] | well,I don’t know why I wanted to tell you. | 我也不知道为什么要告诉你 |
[32:29] | Because you provoke me,you know? | 你刺激了我 你知道吗? |
[32:31] | You make me think about things,I never think about. | 你让我想了些我从没想过的事情 |
[32:35] | Without even saying anything,just by the way you look at me. | 甚至你什么都不用说 光是看我的那种眼神 |
[32:40] | You want the absolute truth? | 你想听所有真相? |
[32:42] | One of the main reasons I wanted to come to New York was that…. | 我想来纽约的主要原因之一是…. |
[32:46] | it was a pretty good chance of | 这是一个很好的 |
[32:47] | getting as far away from everything as possible — | 远离一切的机会 能有多远就多远 |
[32:49] | my parents,my family,all that crap! | 远离我父母 家庭 所有那些糟事儿! |
[32:54] | And,yeah,on top of it, | 但最主要的是 |
[32:55] | I-I lied to get in. | 我撒了谎才进来的 |
[32:56] | So,basically,I’m a shallow loser. | 所以 坦白说 我是个浅薄的失败者 |
[33:01] | But I’m also very sorry that | 我非常抱歉 |
[33:03] | I’m not who you thought I was — | 我不是你想象的那样 |
[33:05] | a guy you came so far to get to know | 你大老远跑来认识我 |
[33:07] | because you thought he was so great and I’m not. | 因为你认我很棒 但我不是的 |
[33:13] | What are you thinkin? | 你在想什么? |
[33:21] | I’ve never made a substantial choice in my life, | 我活这么大还没有 自己做过决定 |
[33:24] | and that’s why I came here. | 所以我才会来这儿 |
[33:26] | I thought it was you,but you were just really the excuse. | 我以为是为了你 但你只是个借口 |
[33:33] | When I came up to you at graduation, | 我毕业那天走向你时 |
[33:36] | it was like a high,like a drug, | 情绪非常高涨 像磕了药一样 |
[33:38] | because I’d never done something like that before. | 我以前从没做过那种事 |
[33:43] | What I mean is that I wasn’t fully sober, | 我是说我不是完全清醒 |
[33:47] | and so the irony of it is that the first real big decision | 所以很讽刺 我第一次自己做 这么大的决定 |
[33:51] | I made turned out to be just…stupid. | 结果却这么愚蠢 |
[33:56] | And embarassing….and…I guess, | 而且丢脸 |
[34:01] | something that I’ll look back on as regret. | 我现在回头看只有后悔 |
[34:07] | And that’s that. | 就这样 |
[34:12] | I just wanted to make sure that everything was ok with us,especially if you’re leaving | 我只是想保证咱俩之间没事 尤其如果你要走 |
[34:17] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不必这么做的 |
[34:20] | Yeah,I did. | 不 我必须这么做 |
[34:26] | I can’t wait to see this place when it snows. | 我等不及看这儿下雪了 |
[34:32] | Ok. Ok. Ok. Here’s….here’s my speech. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 我要说了 |
[34:35] | This is the big speech from Noel. | 这是Noel的说法 |
[34:38] | Uh,you musn’t leave this school. | 你不能离开这所学校 |
[34:40] | Why? Here why. Because this is — | 为什么? 马上给原因 因为这是… |
[34:44] | this is a life struggle. This is fate. | 这是生活的挣扎 这是命运 |
[34:45] | This is a challenge. | 这是挑战 |
[34:47] | I-If you turn away from this now — | 如果现在退缩 你会… |
[34:49] | you will and I promise you this — | 而且我可以向你保证 |
[34:51] | be confronted by the same issue 5 years from now,or 10. | 5年或10年后 你还会碰到同样的问题 |
[34:55] | All right.You’ll,you’ll be the fancy doctor with… | 你会成为一名出色的医生 |
[34:57] | with the fancy practice. | 有着很多经验 |
[34:59] | You’ll,you’ll be married, | 你会结婚 |
[35:01] | and you’ll have like four phones lines in your home, | 你家里会有4条电话线 |
[35:03] | and then,boom,it’ll –it’ll grip you like — | 然后 嘣 它会像… |
[35:06] | like a blast of freezing cold air. | 一阵冷空气那样突然袭击你 |
[35:08] | You know — what the hell is my life? | 你会想我的生活怎么了? |
[35:11] | And you’ll be able to trace it back to this instant. | 你就会回到现在 |
[35:14] | This – – this *very* moment, | 这个时刻 |
[35:16] | when that geek r.a. gave you these four words of advice — | 一个神经病学生顾问 给你这4字建议 |
[35:21] | Stay in New York or parish. | 留在这或逃走 |
[35:26] | 5–6 words. | 5…6个字 |
[35:28] | Let me just,um….I just want to — | 让我…我只是想 |
[35:33] | I,mean,you don’t — have…feelings for me…do you? | 我是说 你不是…喜欢我…吧? |
[35:41] | Me? Honestly? | 我? 说实话? |
[35:45] | Do you? | 是吗? |
[35:47] | Yeah. | 是 |
[35:52] | But….. | 但是… |
[35:54] | If I could just give you one more bit of advice. | 如果可以的话 我再给你个小建议 |
[35:58] | Don’t fundamentally disregard everything | 别本能的因为我喜欢你 |
[36:01] | I’ve told you…just because of my affection for you. | 而忽略我的建议 |
[36:28] | I’m so sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[36:33] | This is the last thing in the world I wanted. To hurt you. | 这世上我最不想干的 就是伤害你 |
[36:41] | If I had known that you liked Ben. | 如果我知道你喜欢Ben |
[36:44] | Felicity,I never,ever would have gone back to his place. | Felicity 我绝不会去他寝室 |
[36:49] | It all,just…it seems really important right now. | 现在我总是想起那个 |
[36:55] | You are my friend,ok? And that…. | 你是我的朋友 好吗? 这个对… |
[37:00] | means more to me then you probably think. | 比你能想到的对我还重要 |
[37:08] | I’m not going to see him again,ok? | 我不会再见他了 好吗? |
[37:12] | It doesn’t matter. I mean,I’m leaving anyway,so…. | 这不重要了 无论如何 我要离开了 所以… |
[37:26] | We realize we over-reacted. | 我们明白是我们反应过激了 |
[37:28] | -Especially Dad. -Especially me. | – 尤其是爸爸 – 尤其是我 |
[37:30] | And when you think about it,so did you. | 如果你仔细想想的话 你也是这样 |
[37:32] | A little. Anyway,obviously we’ve gone over this ad infinitum — | 有一点 不管怎样我们不能再这么下去 |
[37:37] | and that’s why were here. | 所以我们来了 |
[37:39] | Amnesty. | 特赦 |
[37:41] | Now you’ve missed the first quarter at Stanford, | 你错过了斯坦福的1/4个学期 |
[37:42] | but that’s no tragedy. | 但也不是不可挽救 |
[37:43] | And we’re *very* flexable on what we’re proposing here, | 我们现在的计划对你很宽松 |
[37:46] | but the general idea is this: you come home this week, | 大概是这样 你这周回家 |
[37:49] | next week,we cover every expense. | 或下周回家 我们帮你付所有钱 |
[37:51] | We’ll even take care of that loan. | 甚至还那个贷款 |
[37:54] | And you’ll start at Stanford in January. | 你1月份开始去斯坦福上学 |
[37:56] | If you take a couple extra courses,you can make up the lost credits by June. | 如果多修几门课 你6月就会赶上学分 |
[37:59] | Yeah. Then,we’re right back on schedule, | 是的 那样我们就回到正轨了 |
[38:02] | and you got to see the world a little, | 你也见了见这个世界 |
[38:04] | and find out what you really wanted was what you already had. | 然后发现你想要的 是已经拥有了的 |
[38:07] | What if they don’t let me in? | 他们要是不让我入校呢? |
[38:09] | Oh,I already took care of that. | 哦 我已经打点好了 |
[38:11] | Sweetie,I went by the registration office and picked up your packet. | 亲爱的 我去了注册办公室 拿回了你的东西 |
[38:15] | What do you mean,”took care of it?” | 你说打点好了 什么意思? |
[38:18] | Oh,I made a few calls. Had a few lunches. Like in the fall. | 我给他们打了几个电话吃了几顿饭 跟秋天的时候一样 |
[38:21] | The point is and,and I think you’re being very mature about this. | 你能很成熟的面对这个了 |
[38:25] | You made an implusive decision | 你很冲动的做了决定 |
[38:27] | and it was a mistake and now we’re going to fix it. | 是个错误 我们现在要来修正它 |
[38:32] | What did you do in the fall? | 你秋天干了什么? |
[38:33] | When you were accepted the first time. I made a few calls. I pulled a few strings. | 我打了几个电话 找了些关系 所以你被录取了 |
[38:37] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道这个 |
[38:38] | Oh! Last but not least. | 哦! 总归是知道了 |
[38:43] | You can have mom’s car. | 妈妈的车归你 |
[38:46] | And when you get back, | 等你回来 |
[38:48] | we’ll all get together and we’ll look at some apartments | 我们一起去看看房子 |
[38:50] | and see if there’s anything we all can agree on. | 看看我们能不能给你买套 大家都满意的 |
[38:52] | What do you say? | 你怎么说? |
[39:00] | I guess the thing is…. | 我是觉得 |
[39:03] | that…if I made a mistake,then at least — | 即使我犯了错误 至少… |
[39:08] | it was mine. You know. | 决定是我做的 你明白的吧 |
[39:14] | Heh. Uh. Uh,no I-I don’t know. What does that mean? | 我不明白 那是什么意思? |
[39:21] | It means that — | 意思是… |
[39:25] | I-I think I have to stay. | 我想我得留下来 |
[39:32] | But wait a minute. Wait a minute. You were about to agree to this. | 等等 等等 你就要同意了 |
[39:35] | I know,but — | 我知道 但… |
[39:37] | but that would have been a – | 但那也会是个 |
[39:39] | a pretty implusive decision,right? | 冲动的决定 对吗? |
[39:43] | And,um,I just — | 我只是… |
[39:46] | I don’t think it would be the best thing to do. | 我不觉得那是最好的选择 |
[39:48] | But it is! It is the *best* thing to do right now. | 但它是的! 它就是现在最好的选择 |
[39:51] | Well,I just — | 我只是… |
[39:53] | I really think I should give it some time,you know? | 我觉得得要点时间考虑 |
[39:58] | I mean…. | 我的意思是… |
[40:02] | I really can’t wait to see what the city looks like when it snows. | 我等不及看这个城市下雪的样子 |
[40:08] | Snows? | 下雪? |
[40:11] | All right,if-if you do this, | 好吧 如果你这么做 |
[40:14] | if you decide to do this,and make this — | 如果你决定这么做 坚持那个 |
[40:17] | colossal mistake and stay,that’s it. | 巨大的错误并留下 那好 |
[40:21] | We’re not gonna bail you out next time. | 我们下次可不会帮你拉关系 |
[40:32] | Well,um,I guess that’s a decision that’s you’ll have to make. | 看来你们只能那样了 |
[40:51] | Dear Felicity, | 亲爱的Felicity |
[40:53] | I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you. | 很抱歉这么晚才回寄给你 |
[40:56] | It’s been a real struggle in Sante Fe. | 在圣达菲的生活很艰难 |
[41:00] | I guess when you heart gets broken, | 心碎之后 |
[41:02] | you sort of start to see the cracks in everything. | 你会看到所有事情的不完满 |
[41:07] | I’m convinced that tragedy wants to harden us, | 我认为悲剧想让我们变冷漠 |
[41:10] | and that our mission is never to let it. | 而我们的任务就是绝不变成那样 |
[41:15] | Two weeks ago,I was going to move again. | 2周之前我本来又要搬走 |
[41:17] | I was all packed:I was going to start all over somewhere new. | 我都收拾好了 准备去新的地方 重新开始 |
[41:23] | That morning I received your first tape from college. | 那天早上我收到了 你上大学后的第一盘录音带 |
[41:26] | I just sat there in my little apartment listening to your voice, | 我坐在小屋里听你说话 |
[41:30] | crying like a baby. | 像孩子一样哭泣 |
[41:32] | Suddenly,you were tutoring me. | 突然之间你教育了我 |
[41:49] | I guess,I’m learning little by little | 我一点一点明白 |
[41:51] | that we decide what our lives are gonna be. | 我们的生活是靠自己决定的 |
[41:55] | Things happen to us. | 有坏事发生 |
[41:56] | But it’s our reactions that matter. | 但重要的是我们如何面对 |
[42:00] | I just want you to know, | 我只想告诉你 |
[42:02] | I think you’ve made a *really* great choice. | 我认为你做了个很棒的决定 |
[42:06] | And I can’t wait to hear what happens. | 我等不及听到接下来 发生的事了 |