时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Finding Carter. | 《找寻自我》前情回顾 |
[00:10] | The woman you think is your mother… | 那个你以为是你妈的女人 |
[00:12] | she’s your kidnapper. | 是拐走你的人 |
[00:13] | My daughter is alive. | 我女儿还活着 |
[00:14] | You have a $500,000 book advance that has to be repaid. | 你要偿还一笔五十万美金的约稿款 |
[00:17] | I asked him not to write that book, and he’s not. | 我让他别写那本书 他就没写 |
[00:19] | You ain’t even heard our family therapy session. | 你都没听我们的家庭心理治疗 |
[00:22] | I can’t even say your name without Taylor going blech | 我只要一说你名字 泰勒就会翻白眼 |
[00:25] | and walking out the room. | 离开房间 |
[00:26] | I get it. We’re broken up, | 我懂的 虽然我们分手了 |
[00:28] | – but we’re still friends. – Yeah, always. | -但还是朋友 -是的 永远都是 |
[00:31] | Max, what are you doing here? | 麦克斯 你怎么来了 |
[00:33] | I invited Max to stay for a couple of days. | 我请麦克斯来住两天 |
[00:36] | What about school and– you go to school, don’t you? | 那学校呢 你上学对吧 |
[00:38] | Gabe’s dad is the guy who followed me | 加布的爸爸就是我去弗吉尼亚 |
[00:41] | that day I came to visit you in Virginia. | 看你那天跟踪我的人 |
[00:42] | Nobody will be following Carter | 我对联调局使完那招后 |
[00:43] | after my little FBI sting. | 没人会跟踪她了 |
[00:45] | – Molly? – You ever tried it? | -摇头丸 -你试过吗 |
[00:46] | – No. – We get it from this guy, Crash. | -没有 -是从一个叫克拉什的那买的 |
[00:50] | I liked you better when I thought you were dead. | 我还是在当你死了的时候更喜欢你 |
[00:52] | She’s having a seizure. | 她癫痫发作了 |
[00:53] | I really don’t like him. | 我真的不喜欢他 |
[01:03] | Damn it! | 可恶 |
[01:03] | You knew the FBI was gonna take the case, come on! | 你知道联调局会接手的 算了吧 |
[01:06] | Lori Stevens has not left the state. | 洛莉·史蒂文斯并没离开我们州 |
[01:08] | So whatever happened to the alias list you were putting toghther? | 你整理的化名名单怎么样了 |
[01:11] | I passed that along with the file, Liz, | 跟文件一起交上去了 丽兹 |
[01:14] | you have to let this go. | 别管了 |
[01:15] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[01:17] | You don’t have one piece of solid information on Lori Stevens, | 你没有掌握任何一点洛莉·史蒂文斯的确凿信息 |
[01:21] | and the only lead you have is your gut. | 唯一的线索是你的直觉 |
[01:23] | Well, I know this– she thinks that Carter is her daughter, | 我很清楚 她觉得卡特是自己女儿 |
[01:26] | and there’s no way she’s going to leave her daughter behind. | 不可能扔下女儿不管的 |
[01:28] | Look, I agree with you. | 我同意 |
[01:29] | I know Lori could be very close. | 我知道洛莉可能就在我们周围 |
[01:35] | As a mother, I know this. And as a cop, I know this. | 作为母亲 我清楚 作为警察 我也清楚 |
[01:38] | She’s going to go to any length | 她会尽一切努力 |
[01:40] | to make sure they’re back together. | 母女团聚的 |
[01:41] | Holy crap. | 我操 |
[01:44] | Holy crap. Lori’s aliases. | 我操 洛莉的化名 |
[01:50] | Kyle, | 凯尔 |
[01:53] | I have no idea what this woman is capable of. | 我不知道这女人能干出什么 |
[01:55] | Alright, alright. Look, we can talk about this at work, okay? | 好吧 我们上班了再说 好吗 |
[01:58] | I’ll talk to you soon. | 等下再说 |
[02:38] | I just want to apologize for the gag me and my friends pulled | 我就是想为我和我朋友在美食广场的 |
[02:41] | at the Food Court. I’m really sorry. | 恶作剧道歉 真的对不起 |
[02:45] | I’m truely sorry. We good? | 很对不起 气消了吗 |
[02:48] | Excuse me, I just want to apologize, Officer… Be-jerky? | 不好意思 我想道歉 “碧月季”警官 |
[02:52] | It’s Bejerky. | 是比约奇 |
[02:55] | Oh, come on, I can’t be the first person | 别生气啊 不可能只有 |
[02:56] | who’s made that mistake. | 我读错你名字吧 |
[02:59] | Hey, how’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[03:02] | I’m learning the actual names of the people who hate me. | 我在学习讨厌我的人的名字 |
[03:05] | And the correct way to pronounce them, so that’s good. | 还有正确读音 挺好的 |
[03:09] | Well, they prefer to slap you and your friends | 他们更愿意指控你和你朋友 |
[03:11] | with an obstruction of justice charge. | 妨碍司法公正 |
[03:13] | Consider yourself lucky. | 你算走运了 |
[03:16] | Do these hurt? | 绑得疼吗 |
[03:17] | – Yeah. – Good. | -疼 -那就好 |
[03:21] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[03:24] | That is a blond-haired, blue-eyed piece of raw sewage. | 一坨金发碧眼的垃圾 |
[03:27] | Carter? | 别看了 |
[03:28] | Just finish up here, okay? | 赶快搞定 好吗 |
[03:30] | There’s a lot more that we need to discuss. | 我们要谈论的还多着呢 |
[03:32] | Oh, I do hope it’s another list of things I’ve done wrong. | 我真希望自己能再多干点错事 |
[03:39] | I’m sorry, it wasn’t my idea. | 对不起 那是我的主意 |
[03:41] | I don’t envy you. | 我不嫉妒你 |
[03:43] | Having her for a mother. | 有这样一个妈妈 |
[03:46] | She’s not my mom. | 她不是我妈妈 |
[03:47] | She is the woman I have to live with until I find my real mom. | 是在找到亲妈之前不得不住一起的女人 |
[03:51] | Which is hopefully before you guys find her. | 但愿我能抢先你们一步找到 |
[03:54] | Well, to be honest, | 说老实话 |
[03:56] | that’s turned out to be a lot harder than we expected. | 这比我们预想的要困难 |
[03:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:00] | Besides you, all we’ve got is a tip line | 除了监视你 我们掌握的只有 |
[04:02] | with sightings from 50 different countries. | 从五十个国家打来的举报电话 |
[04:05] | Who even knows what she looks like now. | 谁知道她现在变成什么样了 |
[04:07] | Or what her name is. | 或者用的什么名字 |
[04:09] | Really, you have absolutely no idea? | 真的吗 你们一点线索都没吗 |
[04:12] | Neither does the FBI. | 联调局也是 |
[04:14] | That makes me really happy. | 这样我还挺高兴的 |
[04:17] | Also, really sad. | 也挺伤心 |
[04:21] | But thank you. | 不过 谢谢你 |
[04:45] | Hey, Carter, Carter. | 等等 卡特 |
[04:47] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:48] | Don’t you remember I said we had some other things to discuss? | 你忘了我说我们还有事要讨论吗 |
[04:51] | Yes, but does it have to be right now? | 没忘 但非得是现在吗 |
[04:52] | My friends are waiting for me. | 我朋友还在等我 |
[04:53] | Look, I know that you’ve had to make | 我知道你的人生正在 |
[04:55] | some huge adjustments in your life, | 发生巨大转变 |
[04:57] | and your dad and I have tried to give you a long leash. | 你爸爸和我也想把你绳子放长些 |
[05:00] | I’m on a leash? | 我是用绳拴着的吗 |
[05:01] | Well, you chewed through it. | 你自己把它咬断了 |
[05:02] | I am loving this dog analogy. | 我真”喜欢”你把我比成狗 |
[05:04] | The point is, clearly we need to set some boundaries. | 问题是 很明显我们之间得有些约定 |
[05:07] | – Such as? – Such as a curfew. | -比如呢 -比如宵禁 |
[05:09] | Okay, pass, next. | 这个不行 还有呢 |
[05:10] | No, you don’t get to pass. | 不 你不能说不 |
[05:13] | So, it’s not enough that you’re a cop, | 所以说你当警察还不够 |
[05:16] | now you wanna throw in old-timey parent, as well? | 现在你还想扮演那种保守的父母吗 |
[05:20] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:22] | What, you want me to check in with you | 所以我要在外面过夜的话 |
[05:23] | if I’m out past midnight. | 需要跟你报备一下吗 |
[05:24] | I want you home by 10:00 p.m. | 晚上十点你必须回家 |
[05:27] | Okay, you have a sense of humor. | 你挺幽默啊 |
[05:29] | Didn’t know that about you. | 真没看出来 |
[05:30] | And one minute later, | 要是晚一分钟 |
[05:30] | I discontinue your phone service. | 我就没收你的手机 |
[05:32] | You can’t do that. | 你不会的 |
[05:33] | Don’t you need that to monitor my every move? | 难道你不需要手机来监视我吗 |
[05:35] | I don’t enjoy being this person, | 你以为我想这样吗 |
[05:37] | but you’ve been making some really bad decisions lately, | 但你最近经常做错事 |
[05:40] | one that landed you in the hospital. | 其中一件事还让你进医院了 |
[05:42] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:45] | But look, I am capable of learning from my mistakes. | 但是 我有能力从错误中汲取教训 |
[05:49] | All I want is to be a good parent. | 我只是想当个好家长 |
[05:52] | Okay, well, I had one of those so I know what it looks like. | 我有过好家长 知道那是啥样的 |
[05:55] | This isn’t it. | 你可不是 |
[06:03] | Do you know any of those cops, Gabe? | 你认识这些警察吗 加布 |
[06:05] | They all seem like jerks. | 怎么个个都这么操蛋 |
[06:06] | Oh, you met “Be jerky.” | 你看到”碧月季”了吧 |
[06:09] | I apologized to each of them individually. | 我单独跟他们每一个人道歉 |
[06:12] | But is Elizabeth happy? Nope. | 但伊丽莎白并不高兴 |
[06:14] | Because Elizabeth is only happy | 因为伊丽莎白只有在拿枪 |
[06:16] | when she’s got a gun pointed at your head, | 指着你的头让你面壁时 |
[06:18] | telling you to kiss the wall. | 才会高兴 |
[06:19] | Crash, hey! | 克拉什 |
[06:21] | Hey, hey, baby Bird. | 波德宝贝儿 |
[06:24] | I’m sorry I missed your party the other night, but I, uh, | 抱歉那晚错过了你的派对 但我… |
[06:26] | I heard it was pretty eventful. | 但我听说很热闹 |
[06:27] | Yeah, it was fun, you missed out. | 是啊 很好玩的 你错过了 |
[06:32] | Hey, I’m Crash. | 你好 我是克拉什 |
[06:34] | Hey. | 你好 |
[06:36] | You were at the police station earlier. | 你不是在警察局的那个吗 |
[06:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:38] | I would’ve come over and introduced myself | 我本来想过去介绍一下我自己的 |
[06:40] | but I wasn’t exactly mobile. | 但当时我行动有点不便 |
[06:44] | Ofe, Gabe. What’s up? | 挑眉哥 加布 你们好 |
[06:46] | And I didn’t get your name? | 我还不知道你叫什么呢 |
[06:48] | Oh, it’s Carter. | 卡特 |
[06:51] | Here we go. | 对上眼咯 |
[06:52] | Hey, Carter just got out of the hospital. | 卡特刚出院不久 |
[06:54] | She had a blackout seizure from some of your ratchet molly. | 她嗑了你的摇头丸后晕倒了 |
[06:58] | Sorry to hear you were in the hospital. | 很抱歉听到你进医院了 |
[07:00] | It’s fine, it’s not like | 没事儿 又不是 |
[07:01] | I have a perfect attendance record or anything. | 我从来没进过医院 |
[07:04] | It couldn’t have been from me. | 不可能是我的吧 |
[07:06] | Who told you it was from me? | 谁告诉东西是我的 |
[07:07] | Was that you, Ofe? | 是你吗 挑眉哥 |
[07:09] | Dude, I’ve got so many little baggies in here. | 老兄 我身上小袋子太多了 |
[07:13] | I’m gonna start labeling them. | 我打算都贴上标签 |
[07:15] | I don’t want you putting my name on some baggy, man. | 别把我名字贴在什么袋子上 兄弟 |
[07:17] | Course not, everybody else. | 当然不会 贴其他人的 |
[07:20] | And the blank ones will be yours. | 那个没有标签的就是你的 |
[07:25] | All right, so… what’s on tap for tonight? | 好吧 今晚有什么计划 |
[07:32] | Are we going somewhere or are we staying in, I’m good for both. | 出去呢还是呆在这儿 我都行 |
[07:34] | I have to leave because I… | 我得走了 因为我… |
[07:37] | have a curfew now. | 现在被宵禁了 |
[07:39] | It’s not even 10:00. | 还不到十点呢 |
[07:40] | Yeah, well, thank God | 是啊 还好不到 |
[07:41] | ’cause I really can’t stay any later. | 我得赶紧回家了 |
[07:44] | Bye guys, have fun. | 再见 玩的开心 |
[07:46] | Sorry I can’t stay. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[07:47] | Hey-hey, yes, you can. | 别走 |
[07:48] | For like five minutes. | 多坐五分钟嘛 |
[07:50] | Okay, you know how Elizabeth was with you in the police station? | 你知道伊丽莎白在警察局是怎么对你的吧 |
[07:53] | Well, she’s also like that at home. | 她在家也是那个德行 |
[07:55] | Then yeah, yeah, you should go. | 是啊 那你还是回去吧 |
[07:56] | I wouldn’t want you to have to go through that. | 我可不希望你也被那样 |
[07:58] | I’m sure the last thing you wanna do | 我肯定你不想惹 |
[07:59] | is make that woman angry. | 那个女人生气 |
[08:08] | See, there you go, nothing to worry about. | 看 她回来了吧 我就说不用担心嘛 |
[08:10] | Now just act casual like… | 表现正常一点… |
[08:12] | not like that. | 不是那样 |
[08:15] | I’m very glad that you decided not to challenge me on this. | 很高兴你没有选择在此事上挑战我 |
[08:17] | What she’s trying to say is, hello. | 她其实想说的是 你回来了啊 |
[08:24] | Who’s this? | 她是谁 |
[08:25] | Uh, this is Bird. | 波德 |
[08:27] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[08:28] | Hi, I’m David, this is Elizabeth. | 我是大卫 她是伊丽莎白 |
[08:30] | That’s Ofe. | 他是挑眉哥 |
[08:32] | Thank you for having me. | 谢谢你的邀请 |
[08:33] | David, Elizabeth. | 大卫 伊丽莎白 |
[08:37] | Hi, Mrs. Wilson, Mr. Wilson. | 威尔逊先生 威尔逊太太你们好 |
[08:39] | Uh, it’s– yeah, the kitchen is just through there. | 对 厨房在那边 |
[08:41] | Gabe, you can show them. | 加布 你带他们去 |
[08:45] | What, you said I had to be home by 10:00. | 怎么了 你只叫我十点前回家 |
[08:46] | You didn’t say I couldn’t have friends over. | 可没说我不能留朋友在这过夜啊 |
[08:48] | I think it’s great, I’m glad you have friends. | 我觉得挺好 很高兴你有朋友 |
[08:50] | I can’t wait to get to know them. | 我真想赶紧认识认识他们 |
[08:52] | We can’t wait to get to know them. | 我们已经迫不及待认识他们了 |
[08:54] | Great. | 很好 |
[08:55] | Well, uh, this one you already know. | 这个你们已经认识了 |
[08:59] | Oh, I don’t believe we’ve met, David. | 我想我们以前没见过面 我是大卫 |
[09:02] | Crash, thanks for having me. | 克拉什 谢谢你们的邀请 |
[09:20] | Hmm, not a lot here. | 东西剩的不多了 |
[09:25] | A slice of Cheddar cheese… | 一片切达奶酪 |
[09:27] | Oh, yes, sold. | 归我了 |
[09:30] | – Dude with the food. – Yes. | -有人带吃的回来了 -太棒了 |
[09:32] | Perfect timing, man. | 来得正好 哥们儿 |
[09:33] | That was the first time you’ve been happy to see me. | 这是你第一次见到我还这么开心 |
[09:35] | Oh, now you’re talking. | 这还差不多 |
[09:37] | Anyone want Coco Spheres? | 有人想吃可可球吗 |
[09:39] | American cheese spread? | 美式干酪呢 |
[09:41] | Ooh, salsa. | 还有莎莎酱 |
[09:44] | Do you want anything? | 你吃点什么吗 |
[09:47] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[09:56] | How does she get away with it? | 她怎么就能不被惩罚呢 |
[09:58] | Get away with what? | 不被惩罚什么 |
[10:00] | Well– bringing people over. | 把人带回家 |
[10:03] | Having a party. | 办派对 |
[10:05] | Are we not allowed to do that? | 我们不能这么做吗 |
[10:11] | You guys… | 各位 |
[10:12] | you gotta check this out. | 你们得看看这个 |
[10:16] | You think these might be aliases? | 你们觉得这些可能是化名吗 |
[10:17] | Dude, will you keep it down? | 哥们儿 小声点 |
[10:19] | Aliases for Carter’s mom? | 卡特妈妈的化名吗 |
[10:21] | I don’t know, I need to do a thorough search. | 我不知道 我得好好调查一下 |
[10:23] | But I can’t do it at home with Sgt. Medeiros | 但是梅代罗斯警官盯着我 |
[10:24] | looking over my shoulder. | 我没法在家行动 |
[10:25] | Okay, we can do it at my place tomorrow. | 我们可以明天来我家 |
[10:28] | You gonna say anything to Carter? | 你准备告诉卡特吗 |
[10:31] | Not unless we find anything. | 等我们有所收获吧 |
[10:33] | I don’t wanna get her hopes up. | 我不想让她抱太大希望 |
[10:35] | To the mall. | 去购物中心 |
[10:38] | What? | 什么 |
[10:38] | No, is that not our rallying cry? | 怎么 那不是我们的战斗口号吗 |
[10:41] | I really think it worked last time. | 上次我真觉得挺有用的 |
[10:42] | You know what, never mind. | 算了 别管了 |
[10:44] | It was a metaphor. | 这是个隐喻 |
[10:46] | Your place is so nice. | 你家真漂亮 |
[10:48] | I don’t really think of it as my place. | 我真不觉得这里是我的家 |
[10:50] | I mean, the FBI does, but I don’t. | 联调局这么认为 但我没有 |
[10:53] | FBI? | 联调局 |
[10:54] | What, you never heard of a girl who came home safe and sound | 你没听说一个女孩在被绑架十三年后 |
[10:57] | after being abducted 13 years ago? | 终于平安回家的消息吗 |
[10:59] | That was you? | 那是你吗 |
[11:00] | Yeah, um-hmm. | 没错 |
[11:02] | So, you’re famous. | 所以 你很出名 |
[11:04] | Yup, well, the only thing I really want | 是啊 可我真正想要的 |
[11:08] | is to be at home with my real mom. | 只是和我亲妈一起待在家里 |
[11:12] | It’s funny you should say that. | 你这么说挺有意思的 |
[11:15] | That’s all I want too. | 那也是我的愿望 |
[11:24] | It seems harmless. | 这似乎不是什么坏事 |
[11:25] | They’re playing music, they’re eating food. | 他们就是放放音乐 吃点东西 |
[11:27] | All of that would be fine | 如果其中不是有个 |
[11:28] | if one of ’em wasn’t a criminal I had just arrested. | 我亲手抓的罪犯 那是没什么 |
[11:31] | Then wouldn’t the smartest move be to avoid him completely? | 那彻底回避不才是最明智的吗 |
[11:35] | He’s in my home. | 他就在我家里 |
[11:37] | That jeopardizes my case and my career– David! | 那危及到了我处理的案子和事业 大卫 |
[11:40] | I know that this isn’t your style, | 我知道这不是你的风格 |
[11:42] | that you prefer to be the cool dad. | 你更愿意当一个很酷的爸爸 |
[11:44] | I can’t have this conversation if you’re gonna mock me. | 如果你打算嘲笑我 那我可聊不下去了 |
[11:46] | I’m not mocking you. | 我没有嘲笑你 |
[11:47] | Using air quotes is mocking. | 用手比划就是在嘲笑 |
[11:49] | I’m sorry, I guess I just didn’t know. | 对不起 我之前并不知道 |
[11:52] | I never again will use air quotes. | 我不会再用手比划了 |
[11:54] | No, you can use air quotes, | 不 你可以打手势 |
[11:55] | just not when you’re talking about me. | 只要不是说我就行 |
[11:57] | Now go on, you were saying– | 继续说 你说… |
[11:58] | I don’t even remember what I was saying. | 我想不起来我在说什么了 |
[12:00] | You arrested one of these kids. | 你逮捕过其中一个孩子 |
[12:01] | Which one was it? I bet he had a toothpick– | 哪个 我猜是叼牙签的… |
[12:03] | No, Crash, the good-looking, taller one? | 是克拉什 那个又高又帅的男生 |
[12:06] | Not the surfer dude, the surfer dude? | 不是那个玩冲浪的家伙吧 是他吗 |
[12:08] | What’s he done? | 他做了什么 |
[12:09] | You name it, arson, assault, burglary, | 无恶不作 纵火 斗殴 偷窃 |
[12:11] | possession with a deadly weapon, all before 18. | 持有致命武器 全是未满18岁的时候干的 |
[12:14] | He’s been in juvenile lock-up most of his life. | 他在少年犯监狱关了大半辈子 |
[12:16] | Now he thinks that he’s a model citizen | 现在他觉得自己是个模范市民 |
[12:18] | because he’s just dealing drugs. | 因为他只是贩贩毒而已 |
[12:20] | Where did Carter meet him? | 卡特和他在哪里认识的 |
[12:21] | At the police station today | 今天在警察局 |
[12:22] | as I was handcuffing him to the chair. | 我把他铐在椅子上的时候 |
[12:26] | David, she cannot get sucked into this guy’s life. | 大卫 她不能卷入这家伙的生活 |
[12:29] | She can’t, he is a drug dealer. | 不能 他是个毒贩 |
[12:32] | I get it, he has to leave. | 我明白了 他必须离开 |
[12:34] | But I don’t wanna go out there as the cop. | 但我不想以警察的身份出去 |
[12:37] | I wanna go out there together… | 我希望咱俩一起出去 |
[12:39] | as Carter’s parents. | 作为卡特的父母 |
[12:43] | Well, let me talk to him. | 我来和他谈谈 |
[12:44] | Maybe he’ll respond to my cool dad shtick. | 也许他会对我的酷爹妙语有所回应 |
[12:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:52] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[12:59] | Uh– it was almost empty. | 这本来就快空了 |
[13:01] | That’s fine, Gabe. | 没关系 加布 |
[13:08] | This all looks fine. | 看上去都挺好的 |
[13:11] | What the– | 什么 |
[13:14] | Grant! Go to your room! | 格兰特 回你房间去 |
[13:23] | I’d call the police, but I don’t have to | 我本想报警 不过没必要 |
[13:25] | – because she’s already here. – What’s going on? | -因为警察已经在了 -怎么了 |
[13:27] | This animal was teaching your brother how to roll a joint. | 这混蛋居然教你弟弟怎么卷大麻 |
[13:29] | Hey, hey, it’s all good. | 行了 别激动 |
[13:31] | That wasn’t weed, we were using Oregano. | 不是大麻 是牛至[调味香草] |
[13:35] | Oh, man, did I just buy a bag of oregano. | 我去 难道我买的是牛至吗 |
[13:37] | Did you really do that? | 你真教他卷烟了吗 |
[13:39] | I’m sorry, the kid said he was 12. | 抱歉 可他说自己十二了 |
[13:40] | He is 12! | 他就是十二 |
[13:41] | Out there in the real world, | 在真正的社会上 |
[13:42] | this is considered a basic life skill. | 这算是基本生存技能 |
[13:44] | He’s a sociopath, you didn’t tell me he was a sociopath. | 他是个疯子 你没跟我说他是个疯子 |
[13:47] | Just ’cause we come from different backgrounds | 仅仅因为我们的生活背景不同 |
[13:48] | doesn’t mean I’m a socio– | 不代表我是疯… |
[13:50] | Get out of our house. | 给我滚出去 |
[13:55] | Yeah, he’s right, you gotta go. | 他说得对 你走吧 |
[13:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:59] | And you can never have anything to do with him again, ever! | 你以后再也不许跟这个人来往 |
[14:02] | Do you understand me? | 懂我意思了吗 |
[14:06] | Yeah, yeah, I understand you. | 行了 我懂了 |
[14:13] | Well, it was really nice meeting you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[14:39] | Bye. | 再见 |
[14:49] | Do you understand me? | 你懂我意思了吗 |
[15:04] | After last night, this is nice. | 比起昨晚 今天真不错 |
[15:08] | Yeah, it is. | 确实 |
[15:09] | Can I ask you a potentially awkward question? | 我能问你一个有点尴尬的问题吗 |
[15:14] | Are there any other kind? | 问题有不尴尬的吗 |
[15:18] | Who did you think your father was? | 你觉得自己的爸爸会是什么样子 |
[15:20] | I mean, what had you been told growing up? | 你长这么大 你妈怎么跟你说的 |
[15:23] | What– am I not gonna like this? | 怎么 是不是不该问 |
[15:26] | No, it’s just um… | 没有 只是… |
[15:29] | Well, I was always told that my father was this | 我妈是这么跟我讲的 |
[15:34] | beautiful stranger who my mom had a wild fling with | 她在大学毕业后独自环游欧洲 |
[15:38] | when she was backpacking through Europe after college. | 遇上了一个英俊男人 一夜激情 |
[15:41] | Huh, I feel like I must be a letdown. | 那你一定对我很失望 |
[15:45] | No. | 没有 |
[15:47] | It’s just kind of weird, I guess. | 只是觉得有点奇怪 |
[15:50] | I mean, I never thought I’d get to meet my father. | 我从来没想过能见到自己的爸爸 |
[15:54] | And… here you are. | 而我见到了你 |
[16:01] | The only bad thing about you, of course, | 不过唯一美中不足的就是 |
[16:02] | is that you come with Elizabeth. | 你是跟伊丽莎白一起出现的 |
[16:07] | You know, it’s too bad you didn’t get to meet my mom. | 你没遇到我妈妈真是太遗憾了 |
[16:09] | I really think you two would’ve hit it off. | 你们一定会很投缘 |
[16:12] | Well, maybe in a parallel universe. | 也许在另一个平行宇宙吧 |
[16:15] | I just– | 我只是 |
[16:17] | I don’t get you and Elizabeth. | 我不懂你跟伊丽莎白 |
[16:20] | I’m sorry, you just– you seem so wrong for each other. | 很抱歉 但你们看起来并不般配 |
[16:25] | She’s definitely not the person I married. | 她跟刚结婚的时候不一样了 |
[16:27] | What happened to her? | 发生了什么 |
[16:31] | Oh, what, so this is my fault? | 好吧 所以怪我咯 |
[16:32] | Oh, God, no, no, not at all. | 怎么会 当然没有 |
[16:35] | Well… in some ways. | 某种程度上吧 |
[16:38] | How, exactly? | 哪种程度上 |
[16:40] | You notice how slow we are going home | 你注意到我们回家走得多慢了吧 |
[16:43] | because I don’t wanna go. | 因为我不想回去 |
[16:45] | It feels… | 感觉… |
[16:47] | less like a home and more like a war zone. | 不像家 像是战场 |
[16:52] | And you’re negotiating a peace treaty? | 而你正在努力商讨和解条约吗 |
[16:55] | At least a ceasefire? | 至少是停火协议 |
[17:00] | Well, has Elizabeth signed on? | 伊丽莎白同意了吗 |
[17:02] | She’s trying. | 她在努力 |
[17:06] | I know it doesn’t seem like she is, but… | 我知道你可能看不出来 |
[17:08] | it’s harder for her. | 但是她也不容易 |
[17:10] | Your heart’s still beating, hers stopped 13 years ago. | 你的心还在跳动 而她的十三年前就伤透了 |
[17:13] | And scene. | 开拍 |
[17:16] | What did you do, write this conversation out in advance? | 你这句话是之前就排练过吗 |
[17:19] | Your heart is still beating, | 你的心还在跳动 |
[17:21] | hers stopped 13 years ago, seriously? | 而她的十三年前就伤透了 真的假的 |
[17:23] | What– I thought that was pretty good. | 我本来觉得这句话不错呢 |
[17:28] | I don’t think I realized till just now how long it’s been | 直到刚刚 我才意识到 |
[17:31] | since I felt like anybody was listening to me. | 这么久以来 第一次有人听我说话 |
[17:36] | It’s great having you home. | 你回来真好 |
[17:39] | Except when I’m blowing the place up, right? | 可是我都快把房顶掀了 |
[17:43] | Yeah, even then. | 不 还是很好 |
[17:49] | All right, these are the websites | 警察会用这些网站 |
[17:50] | the police use for background checks. | 调查别人的身份背景 |
[17:52] | If she’s applied for a credit card, driver’s license, | 如果她申请了信用卡 驾照 |
[17:55] | even a change of address, it’ll turn up on one of these. | 甚至搬家了 这里都会有记录 |
[17:57] | All the things that violate a person’s privacy. | 这些都侵犯了个人隐私权 |
[17:59] | Isn’t there a chance the cops have already done this? | 也许警察早就搜查过一遍了 |
[18:02] | I’m sure they’ve already done it. | 他们肯定查过了 |
[18:03] | Then why are we even doing it? | 那我们还查什么 |
[18:05] | Aren’t we just wasting our time? | 这不是浪费时间吗 |
[18:06] | ‘Cause we’re all so busy studying 24/7. | 好像你每天忙着学习一样 |
[18:08] | ‘Cause we have insights and information | 可我们能够拿到 |
[18:10] | that the police don’t have. | 警方拿不到的消息 |
[18:11] | Maybe one of these aliases | 也许这些化名中 |
[18:12] | was Carter’s mom’s best friend from when she was five, | 有一个是卡特妈妈五岁时的好朋友 |
[18:15] | and that could give us a clue about Lori Stevens. | 能给我们一些关于洛莉·史蒂文斯的线索 |
[18:18] | We can do things that the police could never do | 我们能做到警察办不到的事 |
[18:20] | because we have a source on our side. | 因为我们有线人 |
[18:23] | And ultimately, we wanna help her find her mom. | 而且 我们是真心要帮她 |
[18:26] | You’re just determined to be | 你这是铁了心 |
[18:27] | her knight in shining armor, aren’t you? | 要当她的白马王子啊 |
[18:28] | She seemed to have a different knight in mind yesterday. | 可昨天她心里的骑士好像是别人 |
[18:30] | That thing with Crash? | 跟克拉什吗 |
[18:32] | That was nothing, it was Carter making a point. | 没什么 卡特就是做给她妈妈看而已 |
[18:34] | It didn’t mean anything. | 没什么实际意义 |
[18:36] | I hate to pull the wool off your eyes, | 我也不想跟你明说 |
[18:37] | but I’m pretty sure Carter’s into the bad boy. | 但我确定卡特喜欢的是坏男孩 |
[18:41] | Who’s a bad boy? | 谁是坏男孩 |
[18:42] | Me. | 我 |
[18:56] | Is this okay? | 这样可以吗 |
[18:58] | What? | 哪样 |
[18:59] | If I just sit here and… watch you? | 我坐在这里 看你做东西 |
[19:03] | Yeah, sure. | 当然可以 |
[19:04] | It’s not that interesting, I’m just making croutons. | 其实没什么意思 我就是做烤面包丁 |
[19:06] | Croutons? | 油炸面包丁 |
[19:08] | Are you serious, I love croutons. | 开什么玩笑 我最喜欢烤面包丁了 |
[19:10] | The first salad I ever made was a big bowl of croutons. | 我做的第一份沙拉就是一大碗烤面包丁 |
[19:13] | Had some blue-cheese dressing on it. | 上面淋了蓝纹奶酪 |
[19:15] | I still make it sometimes. | 现在我有时候也做 |
[19:17] | Do you wanna learn how? | 你想学学怎么做吗 |
[19:19] | It’s pretty easy. | 挺简单的 |
[19:20] | Yeah– of course. | 好啊 |
[19:25] | I got one. | 我有 |
[19:38] | So you just put these in the bowl. | 你把这些都放进碗里 |
[19:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:46] | Little bit of oil. | 加点油 |
[19:49] | A little bit more. | 再稍微多点 |
[19:51] | Stop! | 好了 |
[19:52] | Okay. | 行了 |
[19:53] | Now mix ’em until they’re all coated. | 搅拌均匀 |
[19:59] | Is this right? | 是这样吗 |
[20:00] | There’s not really a wrong way to mix. | 其实怎么搅拌都行 |
[20:03] | Can’t believe I’m making croutons. | 我竟然在做烤面包丁 |
[20:05] | Carter’s lucky to have such a cool sister. | 卡特有你这样帅气的妹妹真幸运 |
[20:09] | No, you’ve got it backwards, Carter’s the cool sister. | 你说反了吧 卡特才是帅气的那个 |
[20:13] | Well, you’re– you’re smart and you’re nice and… | 你人聪明友善 而且又… |
[20:17] | beautiful and… | 漂亮… |
[20:18] | No, you’re just as cool as her. | 你跟她都很帅气 |
[20:24] | Uh… then spread ’em out on this. | 然后倒到这上面 |
[20:30] | Good, really good. | 很好 就是这样 |
[20:33] | Wow, this is nice. | 太棒了 |
[20:35] | I’d forgotten how peaceful it can be around here. | 我都快忘记这里也可以这么和平宁静了 |
[20:39] | Now just throw spices all over. | 现在往上面撒调料 |
[20:44] | Max, how come Carter can’t go out | 麦克斯 卡特怎么就不能 |
[20:46] | with someone like you? | 跟你这样的孩子在一起玩呢 |
[20:47] | We did go out. | 我们也一起玩 |
[20:49] | We just… | 我们… |
[20:52] | work better as friends | 当朋友更好 |
[20:54] | with occasional benefi– | 偶尔也上… |
[20:59] | They were very occasional. | 真的是偶尔 |
[21:03] | – All right. – Good. | -好了 -很好 |
[21:05] | Does that look good? | 看起来还好吗 |
[21:06] | I think you have a future in spicing croutons. | 你给面包丁撒调料绝对有前途啊 |
[21:11] | That’s not a real job. | 那不算份正式工作吧 |
[21:14] | Is that a real job? | 有那样的工作吗 |
[21:16] | Come back in 30, | 三十分钟后再来 |
[21:18] | and you can help me make a salad. | 你可以帮我做沙拉 |
[21:20] | Cool. | 好 |
[21:22] | All right. | 先走了 |
[21:27] | I really like Max. | 我真的很喜欢麦克斯 |
[21:29] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[21:30] | Wonder if there’s a way | 有没有什么办法 |
[21:31] | I can get them back together, Max and Carter. | 让麦克斯和卡特重新在一起 |
[21:34] | As I think you know, | 你应该知道 |
[21:36] | Carter pretty much does what she wants | 卡特一般会做 也只会做 |
[21:38] | and only what she wants. | 自己想做的事 |
[21:39] | No question, she’s a willful teenager. | 没错 她确实是个任性的孩子 |
[21:41] | I used to be one too, believe it or not. | 我以前也是 不管你信不信 |
[21:43] | But you, my little girl, were never one, thank God. | 但是我的乖女儿你不是 谢天谢地 |
[21:48] | You know, it’s funny, when my mom would get | 真有意思 以前我妈妈 |
[21:50] | really angry with me, she’d yell this thing at me, | 很生我的气时会朝我大喊大叫 |
[21:54] | like it was an ancient gypsy curse. | 就像一个古老的吉普赛诅咒 |
[21:57] | “I hope one day you have a child just like you.” | “我希望以后你孩子也跟你一样” |
[22:01] | Well, it worked, I do. | 现在诅咒应验了 |
[22:03] | I don’t think Carter’s gonna care | 我觉得卡特不会关心 |
[22:04] | what you were like when you were a teenager. | 你年轻时是什么样子 |
[22:06] | And I don’t think she’s gonna listen to you. | 也不会听你的话 |
[22:12] | That’s what I’m counting on. | 正合我意 |
[22:19] | Oh, my eyes. | 我的眼睛好疼 |
[22:21] | You guys, this is not fun. | 各位 这个不好玩 |
[22:27] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[22:28] | I didn’t want to get your hopes up, | 我不想让你期望太高 |
[22:29] | but I’m glad you came by. | 但你过来我很高兴 |
[22:31] | Do you recognize any of your friends or family? | 这里面有你的朋友或者家人吗 |
[22:35] | We didn’t have any other family. | 我们没有其他家人 |
[22:38] | I was told. | 她这么跟我说的 |
[22:40] | – Find anything, Ofe? – Yes. | -有发现吗 挑眉哥 -有 |
[22:42] | My father’s been donating to Libertarian candidates | 过去三届选举我父亲一直在给 |
[22:44] | for the past three elections. | 自由党候选人捐助 |
[22:46] | That’s it, I’m taking over. | 算了 下面我来吧 |
[22:47] | Okay, what name are we on? | 现在我们该查哪个名字 |
[22:49] | Catherine Reilly. | 凯瑟琳·莱丽 |
[22:52] | Wait, Catherine Reilly, oh, my God. | 等等 凯瑟琳·莱丽 天哪 |
[22:55] | That’s a mailing address. | 这是邮寄地址 |
[22:56] | That’s a brand-new mailing address. | 这是新的邮寄地址 |
[22:58] | Fredericksburg, that’s not far, that’s maybe an hour. | 弗雷德里克斯堡 不远 离这里约一小时车程 |
[23:00] | We can go first thing tomorrow. | 我们可以明天一早去 |
[23:02] | Man, you’ve got it made in the shade. | 兄弟 你得学会默默付出 |
[23:08] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回来 |
[23:10] | You set the whole thing up, didn’t you? | 一切都是你设计的 对吧 |
[23:13] | The burner-phone texts, | 一次性手机的那些短信 |
[23:15] | the coded message? | 加密的信息 |
[23:16] | Look, sorry, dad. | 抱歉 爸爸 |
[23:18] | I knew it was you, | 我就知道是你 |
[23:19] | playing cat and mouse with the police | 和警察玩猫和老鼠的游戏 |
[23:21] | had your name written all over it. | 一看就知道是你 |
[23:24] | Gabriel Medeiros, 12 years old. | 加布里埃尔·梅代罗斯 十二岁 |
[23:27] | Food court thing was dumb. | 美食广场那事确实很蠢 |
[23:29] | It was lame. | 计划也不周全 |
[23:30] | And you can add to that | 你还可以加上 |
[23:32] | stupid, rude, | 愚蠢 无礼 |
[23:34] | and expensive. | 还耗资巨大 |
[23:37] | What can I do to make it up to you? | 我怎么做才能弥补 |
[23:38] | I get that you’re sorry, and I appreciate that. | 我知道你很抱歉 也谢谢你 |
[23:44] | But I also get that you did it for Carter, right? | 但我也知道你这么做是为了卡特 对吧 |
[23:48] | Look, son… | 听我说 儿子 |
[23:50] | I don’t wanna be the type of dad | 我不想做那种 |
[23:52] | to tell you who your friends should be. | 限定你交友范围的父亲 |
[23:55] | But I would also think twice before hanging out with Carter. | 但我会在和卡特出去玩前三思 |
[23:58] | I mean, she has a lot of problems. | 她身上有一大堆毛病 |
[24:01] | She’s not a mental case if that’s what you’re saying. | 她不是神经病 如果你想这么说 |
[24:03] | Well, she just got out of the hospital. | 她刚从医院出来 |
[24:05] | She almost overdosed, okay, she just can’t be trusted. | 她差点吸毒过量而死 她不值得相信 |
[24:08] | She just lost her mom. | 她刚失去了母亲 |
[24:11] | Everyone suffers losses. | 每个人都会失去些重要的东西 |
[24:13] | It’s how we handle them | 如何面对这一切 |
[24:15] | that says everything about a person. | 会反应出一个人的人品 |
[24:24] | Look at this, cloth napkins, what’s the occasion? | 看看啊 布制餐巾 今天是什么大日子 |
[24:27] | I just wanted to have a really nice family dinner. | 我只想有一顿尽善尽美的家宴 |
[24:29] | Don’t you think it’s time to have | 你不觉得我们该 |
[24:31] | a really nice family dinner? | 好好办一次家宴了吗 |
[24:32] | Yes. | 当然了 |
[24:34] | Okay. | 好了 |
[24:35] | Can you go get everyone? | 你能去叫他们下来吗 |
[24:37] | Guys, dinner! | 孩子们 吃晚饭了 |
[24:42] | Is there something going on? | 发生了什么事吗 |
[24:44] | Totally in the dark. | 完全不知道 |
[24:48] | Best behavior, I promise. | 我会规规矩矩的 我保证 |
[24:51] | You know, I think it’s because I’m using the bad controller. | 我觉得可能是因为我的手柄坏了 |
[24:54] | It won’t let me jump. | 所以我才跳不起来 |
[24:55] | We’ll trade after dinner. | 那我们晚饭后换着来 |
[24:56] | This looks amazing. | 看起来很不错 |
[24:57] | Really does. | 确实 |
[24:59] | I’d be so excited if I ate red meat. | 如果我吃牛羊肉的话 我会很高兴的 |
[25:01] | Hey, you eat croutons, though, right? | 但你吃烤面包丁的 对吧 |
[25:04] | Yes, Max, I eat croutons. | 是的 麦克斯 我吃烤面包丁 |
[25:06] | Okay, guys, sit. | 大家就坐吧 |
[25:08] | Max, I’m sorry, I wanted this to be a family dinner. | 麦克斯 抱歉 这是家宴 |
[25:11] | You understand. | 你懂的吧 |
[25:13] | Yeah. | 当然了 |
[25:15] | It’s been really great having you, but… | 很高兴你能来 但是 |
[25:18] | All your stuff is in the living room, | 你的东西占着客厅 |
[25:20] | and Carter has all these new friends now, so… | 卡特又有了新朋友 所以 |
[25:23] | Why is she doing this? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[25:24] | He helped me cook. | 他帮我准备晚餐呢 |
[25:26] | Elizabeth, he can at least stay for dinner. | 伊丽莎白 至少让他吃完晚饭 |
[25:29] | Sure, you can stay for dinner. | 当然 吃完再走吧 |
[25:31] | No, you’re right, I should go. | 不 你说得对 我该走了 |
[25:33] | Thank you guys for everything. | 谢谢你们 |
[25:35] | I’ll get my stuff. | 我去拿我的东西 |
[25:37] | I’m sorry, I can’t– I can’t do it. | 抱歉 我不能 不能坐视不管 |
[25:40] | Stop throwing my friends out of the house. | 别把我朋友赶出去 |
[25:43] | Isn’t this supposed to be my house, too? | 这难道不也是我家吗 |
[25:45] | He stays. | 他得留下来 |
[25:47] | And… | 并且 |
[25:49] | you can have your precious living room back. | 你可以拿回你的宝贝客厅了 |
[25:51] | He’s staying with me in my room. | 他睡我房间 |
[25:56] | Come on Max, it’s fine, just ignore her, that’s what I do. | 来吧麦克斯 没事的 学我别理她 |
[26:03] | I’ll save you some food. | 我会给你留些吃的 |
[26:10] | So much for family dinner. | 晚宴结束了 |
[26:12] | We can still enjoy it. | 我们还是能继续享用啊 |
[26:14] | I know I’m going to. | 反正我会的 |
[26:19] | Pass the corn. | 把玉米递给我 |
[26:21] | Why are you really give it to Mom last night? | 你昨晚为什么要反抗妈妈 |
[26:23] | Should’ve been there with me standing up for Max, | 你该和我一起保护麦克斯的 |
[26:25] | but you were too chicken to stand up to her. | 但你太胆小了 都不敢反抗她 |
[26:26] | – Is that what I am? – Uh, you were. | -我是这种人吗 -当然了 |
[26:29] | Well, I think we were watching two different plays. | 我觉得我们两个看了出不同的戏 |
[26:31] | See from your perspective, she was throwing Max out, | 在你看来 她要把麦克斯赶出去 |
[26:35] | but from mine, she was pretending to throw Max out. | 在我看来 她是装作要把麦克斯赶出去 |
[26:40] | What are you talking about, that makes no sense. | 你在说什么 这根本没道理 |
[26:42] | She likes Max. | 她喜欢麦克斯 |
[26:44] | She wants you to be with Max. | 她想要你和麦克斯在一起 |
[26:46] | If you’re with Max, then you won’t be with Crash. | 你和麦克斯在一起 就不会和克拉什鬼混了 |
[26:51] | – She played me? – Like a kazoo. | -她耍了我吗 -耍得团团转 |
[26:55] | Wow, I underestimated her. | 我可真是低估了她 |
[26:58] | Kind of didn’t work, though. | 不过 她这招不太奏效就是了 |
[27:01] | No? | 不奏效吗 |
[27:08] | He’s sweet. | 他真的很不错 |
[27:10] | You like him. | 你喜欢他 |
[27:12] | No! | 才没有 |
[27:14] | We’ve been through this. | 之前已经这样了 |
[27:16] | I’m not going through it again. | 我不要再来一次 |
[27:17] | When it comes to boys, you win. | 男孩子 我抢不过你 |
[27:24] | Hi, we’re looking for someone who we think lives here? | 你好 我们在找一个我们觉得住这的人 |
[27:27] | She looks like this? | 她长这样 |
[27:29] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[27:30] | Cat, yeah… 2-3-4. | 是凯特 认识 234 |
[27:33] | She lives in the building? | 她住在这栋楼里吗 |
[27:34] | Not anymore, she moved a month or so ago. | 不在了 她差不多一个月前搬走了 |
[27:37] | Said she was gonna go live with her daughter. | 说要去跟她女儿一起住 |
[27:39] | She did? | 是吗 |
[27:40] | She did. | 是的 |
[27:48] | She was here. | 她来过这儿 |
[27:49] | She’s gonna go live with her daughter. | “要去跟她女儿一起住” |
[27:52] | She’s not giving up. | 她没有放弃 |
[27:54] | Then neither are we. | 我们也没有 |
[27:57] | Thank you, Gabe. | 谢谢你 加布 |
[27:59] | You’ve been such an amazing friend. | 你真是个好朋友 |
[28:02] | If you bump that up a notch, it gets a little better. | 如果你再进一步 会更好 |
[28:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:12] | I mean that. | 我是认真的 |
[28:16] | What’s this big news that’s so important | 有什么事这么重要 |
[28:17] | we had to talk about it in person? | 非要当面谈 |
[28:19] | Is this about “Finding Carter?” | 是有关《寻找卡特》吗 |
[28:20] | Yes, it’s about “Finding Carter.” | 是的 是有关《寻找卡特》 |
[28:21] | Okay, before you go on, I have some news. | 好吧 在你开始说之前 我有消息要说 |
[28:24] | A bid just came in from a publisher. | 一个出版商刚刚开了个价 |
[28:27] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[28:28] | Double– I’m gonna say it again, | 翻倍 我再说一遍 |
[28:29] | it’s my new favorite word. | 这是我新的最爱词 |
[28:30] | Double the highest offer if… | 最高出价的翻倍 |
[28:33] | you can get the kidnapper to talk. | 如果你能采访到绑架人 |
[28:35] | Is there a world in which that is a possibility? | 这有可能吗 |
[28:39] | Well… | 这… |
[28:41] | yes. | 有 |
[28:41] | Yes, you just said yes. | 太好了 你刚刚说有 |
[28:43] | Yes, it would work with the idea I’m about to pitch you. | 有 这跟我要跟你说的主意很配 |
[28:46] | Okay, I’m all ears. | 好吧 我洗耳恭听 |
[28:47] | What if I wrote “Finding Carter” as a novel? | 我把《寻找卡特》写成小说怎么样 |
[28:50] | I’ve heard enough– no. | 够了 不行 |
[28:52] | Now, just a second. | 等等 |
[28:53] | The fictional story of a family | 一个家庭和他们 |
[28:55] | reunited with their long-lost child. | 失散已久的孩子重聚的故事 |
[28:57] | And I, of course, would change the names– | 当然 我会换名字 |
[28:59] | Still no, and it’s a bigger no. | 还是不行 完全不行 |
[29:02] | All this money that’s being offered is great, | 他们出的价很诱人 |
[29:03] | but I don’t need that much. | 但我不需要那么多 |
[29:06] | Fiction is what I’ve always wanted to write. | 我一直想写小说 |
[29:08] | This would be the perfect way in. | 这是个完美的机会 |
[29:09] | David, do you remember how much you loved your book tour? | 大卫 你还记得你多么享受你的巡回售书吗 |
[29:12] | People lined up to get a signed book, huh? | 人们排队等着你签名 |
[29:15] | Or do you wanna be the man that’s sitting by the phone, | 还是你想当那种坐在电话旁 |
[29:18] | waiting for it to ring, knowing when it finally does, | 等着电话响 明知道当它响起时 |
[29:20] | it’s just gonna be bad news. | 只会是坏消息 |
[29:23] | You remember those calls? | 你还记得那些电话吗 |
[29:24] | Pass, pass, pass, pass. | 不行 不行 不行 |
[29:27] | Because those are your two choices, so pick one. | 这就是你的两个选择 选一个 |
[29:30] | And in the second one, | 如果选第二个 |
[29:31] | you owe half a million dollars to Random House. | 你还欠兰登书屋出版社五十万 |
[29:36] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[29:41] | You’re mad at me. | 你生我气了 |
[29:43] | Yup. | 是的 |
[29:44] | Can I apologize? | 我能道歉吗 |
[29:45] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[29:46] | Standing still? | 站住行吗 |
[29:51] | I was an idiot. | 我是个白痴 |
[29:52] | I was trying to impress you. | 我当时想让你对我刮目相看 |
[29:53] | I don’t know why I thought I had to do that but I did. | 我不知道为什么觉得该那么做 但就是做了 |
[29:56] | And how exactly would teaching my 12-year-old brother | 教我十二岁的弟弟卷大麻 |
[30:00] | how to roll a joint impress me? | 怎么能让我对你刮目相看呢 |
[30:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:03] | He asked me if I like to play video games. | 他问我喜不喜欢玩电子游戏 |
[30:05] | I don’t get a lot of chances to do that, | 我不怎么有机会这样 |
[30:07] | but he’s such a cool kid, I wanted someone | 但他是个很酷的小孩 我希望 |
[30:08] | in your family to like me… | 你家里有人能喜欢我… |
[30:12] | Like I said, I’m an idiot, | 我说了 我是个白痴 |
[30:15] | but I’m sorry. | 但我很抱歉 |
[30:17] | Truly, I’m sorry. | 真的 很抱歉 |
[30:22] | It’s okay, I’m not mad. | 没事 我没生气 |
[30:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:29] | Look, I know I blew my chance to get to know you. | 我知道我毁了自己了解你的机会 |
[30:32] | At least my record’s clean. | 但至少我没有前科 |
[30:33] | Who said you blew it? | 谁说你毁了 |
[30:36] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[30:38] | Exactly. | 对啊 |
[30:50] | Dude, I’m sorry. | 伙计 抱歉 |
[30:53] | You know, Crash. | 你也知道克拉什 |
[30:55] | This was inevitable. | 这是必然的 |
[30:57] | No, I’m inevitable. | 不 我才是必然的那个 |
[31:00] | I’m just not what she wants right now. | 只是她现在想要的不是我 |
[31:23] | “I’m going to die.” | “我要死去” |
[31:27] | Why would you put something like that on your body? | 你为什么在身上纹这种东西 |
[31:33] | Because it’s true. | 因为这是真的 |
[31:38] | It’s the only really true thing I’ve ever heard in my life. | 这是我人生中唯一听到的真话 |
[31:45] | I’ve been told a lot of lies. | 我也听过很多谎言 |
[31:47] | Only lies, actually. | 实际上 只听过谎言 |
[31:48] | None of that matters. | 那些都不重要 |
[31:52] | Come on, it’s my whole life, how can that not matter? | 拜托 我整段人生都是如此 怎么会不重要 |
[31:54] | It’s not your whole life. | 那不是你的整段人生 |
[31:55] | All that matters is what you do | 重要的是 从此时此刻开始 |
[31:58] | from this moment on. | 你的所作所为 |
[32:02] | At least, that’s what they told me | 至少我因年龄过大 |
[32:03] | when I aged out of my last detention center. | 离开感化中心时 他们是这样告诉我的 |
[32:09] | God, I hate that sound. | 天啊 我讨厌那声音 |
[32:10] | Always sounds like Elizabeth’s calling me home | 感觉总是像伊丽莎白 |
[32:12] | for dinner or something. | 叫我回家吃饭什么的 |
[32:14] | Yeah, I’m not crazy about it either. | 我也不大喜欢 |
[32:23] | Come on. | 快 |
[32:25] | Go go go go. | 快走 |
[32:26] | Oh! What– oh. | 搞毛啊 |
[32:29] | I told you, dude, it wasn’t the controller. | 我告诉你了 不是手柄的问题 |
[32:32] | You know, I’m glad you didn’t leave. | 你没走 我很高兴 |
[32:36] | But pretty soon, I’m– I am gonna have to. | 但我很快就得走了 |
[32:40] | Why, are your parents worried about you? | 为什么 你父母担心你吗 |
[32:42] | I’m worried about me. | 我担心我自己 |
[32:44] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:46] | I mean, I’m not in school, | 意思是 我没在上学 |
[32:48] | I’m not working. | 也没在上班 |
[32:49] | I’m sleeping on my ex-girlfriend’s bedroom floor. | 我睡在前女友卧室的地板上 |
[32:52] | So pretty much all I got going for me right now | 所以我现在唯一的成就 |
[32:54] | is whooping your zombie ass. | 就是把你的僵尸打得屁滚尿流 |
[32:58] | So, uh, I mean, if you’re not Carter’s boyfriend, who is? | 如果你不是卡特的男朋友 那谁是啊 |
[33:05] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[33:07] | Seems like there’s a lot of guys | 但是好像有很多男生 |
[33:08] | filling out that application though. | 都在排队呢 |
[33:10] | It’s not that guy Crash, is it? | 不是那个克拉什吧 |
[33:13] | You don’t like him? | 你不喜欢他吗 |
[33:15] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[33:16] | ‘Cause he got you in trouble with your dad? | 因为他跟你爸爸有过节吗 |
[33:19] | No, because he told me | 不是 因为他告诉我 |
[33:20] | by the time he was my age, he killed a guy. | 他像我这么大时 已经杀了一个人 |
[33:25] | You know that’s not true. | 你知道那不是真的 |
[33:26] | Something like that, you’d be in jail forever. | 如果杀了人 就会坐一辈子牢 |
[33:29] | He was just showing off for you. | 他只是在你面前炫耀 |
[33:31] | For me? | 在我面前 |
[33:32] | Why would anybody wanna show off for me? | 为什么有人会想在我面前炫耀 |
[33:35] | Are you kidding me, man? | 你逗我玩吗 |
[33:36] | You’re hip, you’re cool. | 你很潮 很酷 |
[33:38] | I am? | 是吗 |
[33:39] | Well, pretty close. | 差不多吧 |
[33:40] | But you gotta let those bangs grow out. | 但你得让刘海长出来 |
[33:52] | Oh, that’s not cool, man. | 那可不酷 |
[33:57] | Just because we feel like they’re coming after us, | 就因为我们觉得他们在追我们 |
[33:59] | doesn’t mean like we have to drive like they are. | 不意味着我们得要这样飙车 |
[34:06] | Unless they are coming after us. | 除非他们是在追我们 |
[34:10] | Are they? | 是吗 |
[34:12] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[34:14] | Okay, I probably should’ve asked you this before, | 我也许早该问的 |
[34:16] | but is this your car, Crash? | 这是你的车吗 克拉什 |
[34:18] | Can you tell which direction the sirens are coming from? | 你能告诉我警笛是从哪边传来的吗 |
[34:20] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[34:23] | All right, I’m gonna take that as a no. | 我就当你回答不是了 |
[34:24] | – I need you to pull over. – I can’t. | -你得靠边停车 -不行 |
[34:26] | Crash, pull over. | 克拉什 靠边停车 |
[34:27] | – Car must have a LoJack system. – Pull over! | -车子肯定有寻回系统 -靠边停车 |
[34:32] | Let me out of this car, Crash, now! | 让我下车 克拉什 快点 |
[35:00] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[35:02] | I screwed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[35:05] | Oh my god. | 天啊 |
[35:07] | I was just seconds away from being caught in a stolen car which, | 我差点就坐在失窃车辆里被抓了 |
[35:11] | I swear to God, you have to believe me, | 我对天发誓 你得相信我 |
[35:12] | I would never have gotten into in the first place | 如果我早知道是这么回事 我绝对不会 |
[35:14] | if I had any idea, but why would you believe me? | 上车的 但你为什么要相信我 |
[35:16] | I don’t even believe I did something so stupid. | 我都不信我做了这么愚蠢的事 |
[35:19] | I am such an idiot, I’m such an idiot. | 我真是个蠢货 蠢哭了 |
[35:22] | Carter– | 卡特 |
[35:23] | No, I know. I know, I know, I know, I know. | 不 我知道 我知道 |
[35:27] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[35:29] | God, that’s like the least useful sentence | 那好像是所有英语中 |
[35:31] | in the whole entire English language, | 最没用的一句话 |
[35:32] | but it’s the only one I can think of right now. | 但我现在只能想到这句话 |
[35:35] | Gosh, she’s just gonna kill me. | 天啊 她会杀了我的 |
[35:37] | She’s just gonna kill me, and I don’t blame her, she should. | 她会杀了我的 我不怪她 她该这样 |
[35:40] | She’s not home. | 她没在家 |
[35:43] | What? | 什么 |
[35:44] | She’s at work. | 她在上班 |
[35:46] | You don’t have to say a thing. | 你什么也没必要说 |
[35:48] | She never has to know. | 她没必要知道 |
[35:51] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[35:54] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[36:15] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[36:17] | Wow, it feels so weird saying that. | 说这个词感觉好奇怪 |
[36:21] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[36:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:39] | I’m a dad, that’s what we do. | 我是爸爸 爸爸都这样 |
[36:45] | You know, I think this is our first hug. | 我觉得这是我们第一次拥抱 |
[36:51] | I think you’re right. | 你说得对 |