时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | We are going to be together. | 我们就要团聚了 |
[00:12] | Go home, unpack a few things, | 回家去打包一点东西 |
[00:14] | meet me here tomorrow night. | 明晚在这里见我 |
[00:19] | Clearly there’s nothing I can say. | 很显然我无话可说 |
[00:22] | Yes, there is… | 不 你有话说 |
[00:23] | “I’m staying”. | 说”我要留下” |
[00:26] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[00:27] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[00:28] | The last time you two celebrated a birthday together, | 上一次你们一起过生日的时候 |
[00:30] | you were three years old. | 才3岁 |
[00:32] | I think I’m gonna go with my mom. | 我想和我妈妈一起走 |
[00:34] | That’s awesome. | 太棒了 |
[00:35] | Too bad Elizabeth is stuck here with her family. | 真糟糕伊丽莎白得和家人一起待在这里 |
[00:38] | – What do you mean? – What do you think I mean? | -什么意思 -你觉得我是什么意思 |
[00:40] | Okay, my son’s room? | 好吧 非得来我儿子的房间吗 |
[00:42] | Your husband knows that you and I are having an affair. | 你丈夫知道我们有私情了 |
[00:44] | Trust me, Liz, he knows. | 相信我 丽兹 他知道了 |
[00:46] | And now, so do we. | 现在我们也知道了 |
[00:52] | I saw my mother. | 我看见我妈妈了 |
[00:54] | She’s waiting for me to run away with her. | 她在等我跟她跑路 |
[00:56] | I don’t know what I want. | 我不知道我想怎么样 |
[00:57] | I’m your dad and I’ll take care of you. | 我是你爸爸 会帮你解决的 |
[00:59] | Carter asked me to say goodbye for her. | 卡特让我代她跟你道别 |
[01:01] | Don’t underestimate me, David. | 别低估我 大卫 |
[01:03] | You made that mistake once before. | 你以前犯过一次这错 |
[01:05] | You were amazing. | 你真了不起 |
[01:07] | – Was I? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[01:30] | Lori should be here in about ten minutes. | 洛莉大概10分钟之内到 |
[01:35] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[01:37] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[01:38] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[01:40] | Have you seen my little girl? | 你看见我女儿了吗 |
[01:41] | She’s got a denim vest and pink hi-top sneakers. | 穿着牛仔背心 还有粉色高帮运动鞋 |
[01:45] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[01:49] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[01:52] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[01:53] | Oh, Carter. | 卡特 |
[01:56] | I was looking all over for you. | 我刚才到处找你呢 |
[01:58] | I went with Happy to feed to ducks. | 我和哈皮去喂鸭子了 |
[02:00] | I was so scared. | 吓死我了 |
[02:02] | Mommy thought she lost you. | 妈妈还以为再也见不到你了呢 |
[02:03] | You didn’t, I’m right here. | 怎么会 我不是在这嘛 |
[02:05] | I can never lose you, ever, ever, ever. | 我绝不能失去你 |
[02:07] | You’re the only thing that matters to me, | 你是这世上… |
[02:09] | the only thing in the whole world. | 唯一对我最重要的人 |
[02:11] | You won’t lose me. | 你不会失去我的 |
[02:13] | Promise, pinky swear? | 真的吗 拉钩 |
[02:15] | Promise, pinky swear. | 我答应你 拉钩 |
[02:17] | Promise, pinky swear. | 我答应你 拉钩 |
[02:22] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:25] | Oh– yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:27] | Just remembering something. | 只是想起些事儿 |
[02:31] | We’re a little early. | 我们来早了点 |
[02:37] | Which direction do you think she’s coming from? | 你觉得她会从哪个方向过来 |
[02:40] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[02:43] | When you talked to her last night, | 你昨晚告诉她 |
[02:47] | how upset was she when you told her | 我不跟她走的时候 |
[02:49] | I wasn’t going with her? | 她有没有很失落 |
[02:51] | I’m sure you can imagine. | 你应该能想象出来 |
[02:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:00] | She’s always said her biggest fear was losing me. | 她总说她最害怕的就是失去我 |
[03:04] | She must have known that would be inevitable. | 她应该知道那是不可避免的 |
[03:10] | Thank you for arranging this meeting. | 谢谢你安排这次见面 |
[03:14] | This decision must have been pretty hard. | 这决定一定很艰难 |
[03:17] | I didn’t want you to regret it. | 我不希望你后悔 |
[03:20] | I don’t. | 不会的 |
[03:22] | I really don’t. | 真的 |
[03:24] | Won’t this be weird for you, though? | 你会觉得这样怪怪的吗 |
[03:27] | What, meeting Lori? | 什么 跟洛莉见面吗 |
[03:32] | Don’t worry about me. | 别担心我 |
[03:47] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[03:50] | It’s still 11:30. | 还是11点30 |
[03:52] | 31. | 31了 |
[03:54] | What should we do? | 我们怎么办 |
[03:57] | I say we give it another half-hour. | 再等半小时吧 |
[04:00] | That’s what you said half an hour ago. | 半小时前你也这么说的 |
[04:01] | She’s a fugitive. | 她是个逃犯 |
[04:02] | Maybe she thought she’s been spotted and it wasn’t safe. | 也许她认为她被盯住了 这样出来不安全 |
[04:06] | I don’t know, if she wanted to see me, | 不知道 如果她想见我 |
[04:08] | she would have found a way. | 总会有办法的 |
[04:09] | Is it possible… | 有没有可能… |
[04:12] | she’d rather not see you than say goodbye? | 她情愿不跟你告别呢 |
[04:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:21] | If I were in her position, | 如果换做是我 |
[04:23] | I like to think I’d be generous enough | 我会大度离开 |
[04:25] | not to put you through any more pain, | 不再让你经受更多痛苦 |
[04:28] | just let you go live your life. | 放手让你去过自己的生活 |
[04:33] | Yeah, that sounds like her. | 对 这像是她 |
[04:36] | You wanna go do that? | 你想听她的吗 |
[04:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:35] | Grant, can I come in? | 格兰特 我能进来吗 |
[05:42] | Hey, aren’t you hungry– You haven’t eaten all day? | 你不饿吗 整天都没吃东西 |
[05:46] | Oh, that looks cool. | 看起来挺酷的 |
[05:48] | Is that a new game? | 是新游戏吗 |
[05:51] | Oh, I can’t do that anymore. | 我不能这样了 |
[05:53] | You’re getting too big. | 你现在长大了 |
[05:54] | You should go away. | 走开 |
[05:57] | Is there some reason you’re in a bad mood? | 有什么让你心情不好吗 |
[05:59] | Yes, because you won’t go away. | 对 因为你不肯走开 |
[06:01] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[06:02] | Why, what did I do? | 怎么 我做什么了 |
[06:04] | Grant, tell me what I did and maybe I can fix it. | 格兰特 告诉我 我或许可以弥补 |
[06:09] | Okay, this is ridiculous, say something. | 这太胡闹了 说话啊 |
[06:11] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[06:14] | What? | 什么 |
[06:15] | I hate you, now get out of my room! | 我恨你 快从我房间出去 |
[06:24] | – Uh, whatever I did, I’m- – Just get out! | -不管我做了什么 我… -快走 |
[06:39] | Hey, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[06:41] | Grant just told me that he hates me, | 格兰特刚告诉我他恨我 |
[06:43] | out of nowhere, just started screaming, | 突然就大吼大叫 |
[06:47] | “I hate you.” | 说”我恨你” |
[06:50] | Well, we knew this day was coming. | 我们早就料到这一天会到来 |
[06:51] | It didn’t feel like adolescent Freudian rebellion. | 他刚才听着不像青春期叛逆 |
[06:54] | It felt like hate. | 感觉就像是恨我 |
[06:56] | You want me to go talk to him? | 要我去跟他谈谈吗 |
[06:58] | I’d love to know what I did. | 我想知道我做了什么 |
[06:59] | You gave birth to him. | 你生了他 |
[07:05] | Grant? | 格兰特 |
[07:08] | Bud? | 孩子 |
[07:15] | Relax. | 别紧张 |
[07:16] | This is all very normal. | 都是正常现象 |
[07:28] | Hey, | 你来啦 |
[07:31] | how did the test go? | 考试怎么样 |
[07:32] | Terrible. | 砸了 |
[07:34] | That’s impossible, I saw how much you studied. | 不可能 你学得那么努力 |
[07:38] | It’s your fault. | 都怪你 |
[07:39] | You took over my brain. | 我满脑子都是你 |
[07:40] | There’s no space anymore for stupid things | 大脑里没地方装什么 |
[07:43] | like the Peloponnesian War or the carbon cycle. | 愚蠢的伯罗奔尼撒战争或者碳循环了 |
[07:46] | No, hey, now, the carbon cycle’s not stupid. | 碳循环不蠢好吗 |
[07:49] | Understanding our impact on the carbon cycle and climate change | 理解我们对碳循环和气候变化的影响 |
[07:52] | is the key to our continued existence | 是我们作为一个物种 |
[07:53] | as a species on this planet, so really, | 在地球上继续生存的关键 所以 |
[07:56] | if anything, I think there should be less of me | 我觉得你该多想想碳循环 |
[08:00] | and more of the carbon cycle. | 少想想我 |
[08:02] | When you talk like that, the carbon cycle has no chance. | 你这么说话 让我怎么想碳循环 |
[08:13] | I’ve been getting a lot of Mormons. | 最近有很多摩门教徒来找我 |
[08:21] | Hey, Max, you home. | 麦克斯 你在家吗 |
[08:22] | Grant? | 格兰特 |
[08:29] | Oh, great, it’s you. | 真棒 是你啊 |
[08:31] | I could say the exact same thing | 我可以以同样的语气 |
[08:32] | in the exact same tone of voice to you | 对你说同样的话 |
[08:34] | and I would have way more reason. | 我的理由还更多 |
[08:36] | Oh, yeah– why is that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[08:38] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[08:39] | Hey, dude– come in. | 哥们 进来吧 |
[08:46] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[08:49] | Mom’s having an affair. | 妈妈出轨了 |
[08:53] | Grant, I get it. | 格兰特 我懂 |
[08:54] | I’m with Max, Carter’s with Crash, | 我跟麦克斯在一起 卡特跟克拉什在一起 |
[08:56] | you feel left out and you need attention- | 你感觉被冷落了 你需要大家的关注… |
[08:57] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[08:59] | Mom is having sex with Gabe’s dad. | 妈妈跟加布爸爸上床了 |
[09:03] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[09:05] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[09:06] | It’s just not. | 肯定不是 |
[09:09] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[09:13] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[09:16] | I’ll be taking my apology now. | 我现在接受你的道歉 |
[09:17] | I’d also like a box of donuts and a nap. | 我还想要一盒甜甜圈 再打个盹儿 |
[09:21] | Carter is not gonna like this. | 卡特肯定不会喜欢这个消息的 |
[09:24] | That is such a disturbing image. | 真是想想就很烦人 |
[09:27] | Has this been going on since before Carter got home? | 他们是卡特回家前开始的吗 |
[09:31] | A little longer. | 还久一点 |
[09:33] | How much longer? | 多久 |
[09:35] | About three years. | 大约三年了 |
[09:36] | Three years? | 三年吗 |
[09:39] | Wait, you knew about this for three years | 三年来你一直知情 |
[09:42] | and you didn’t say anything to him? | 却什么都没说吗 |
[09:43] | You didn’t, like, ask him to stop? | 你没劝他了断吗 |
[09:45] | No, I couldn’t. | 我说不出口 |
[09:48] | You knew my mom had cancer. | 你知道的 我妈当年得了癌症 |
[09:49] | Yeah, brain tumor, right? | 对 脑肿瘤吧 |
[09:51] | And then in her spine and in her blood. | 之后转移到了脊柱和血液 |
[09:55] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[09:56] | The last six months of her life, | 她人生的最后半年 |
[09:58] | she spent on a hospital bed in our living room. | 是在客厅里的一张病床上度过的 |
[10:00] | My dad didn’t want her to die in a hospital. | 我爸不想让她死在医院里 |
[10:03] | Man, that sounds really difficult. | 似乎挺难熬的 |
[10:06] | How old were you? | 你当时多大 |
[10:07] | Nine. | 九岁 |
[10:10] | Yeah, it was pretty terrible. | 当时确实很难受 |
[10:12] | After she passed, my dad shut down and he functioned, | 她去世之后 我爸一度崩溃 后来恢复了 |
[10:16] | but he didn’t really seem to feel anything, | 但是似乎丧失了一切感觉 |
[10:20] | At first, I was scared, but after five years, | 一开始我很害怕 但是五年后 |
[10:24] | I just figure it- | 我想通了 |
[10:25] | it’s who he is. | 这就是他 |
[10:28] | And then one day he comes home | 直到有一天 他回到家 |
[10:30] | and he’s laughing and telling stories. | 笑得很开心 还给我讲故事 |
[10:34] | It was like someone had flipped the on switch, | 似乎有人重新开启了他的感官 |
[10:36] | his new partner, your mom. | 就是他的新搭档 你妈妈 |
[10:39] | Three years is a long time. | 三年可不算短 |
[10:41] | You have to consider love as a possibility, | 他们之间也许真的存在爱情 |
[10:46] | even if you don’t want to. | 就算你不愿意去想 |
[10:47] | I definitely don’t want to. | 我当然不愿意 |
[10:49] | My dad loves your mom. | 我爸很爱你妈 |
[10:51] | He keeps a picture of her on his bedside table | 他在床头柜上放着她的照片 |
[10:53] | and he wouldn’t do that unless he loved her. | 这是他真心在乎的表现 |
[10:56] | Well, then, yeah, okay, | 好吧 |
[10:57] | he’s probably gonna get hurt really bad, | 那他就做好受伤的准备吧 |
[11:00] | but this ends now, it has to. | 这段感情必须立刻结束 |
[11:02] | Who’s gonna tell her, you? | 谁来告诉她 你吗 |
[11:05] | Yes, I will tell her. | 好啊 我告诉她 |
[11:06] | And Taylor. | 泰勒也一起 |
[11:08] | What? | 什么 |
[11:10] | Did anyone see my hand go up? | 我有举手吗 |
[11:11] | You’re gonna tell your mom to break up with my dad. | 你要让你妈跟我爸分手吗 |
[11:13] | Gabe, no matter how happy your dad is, | 加布 不管你爸爸多喜欢 |
[11:17] | this is wrong and you know it. | 这样不对 你也知道的 |
[11:19] | Carter, you can’t tell someone how to be. | 卡特 你不能告诉别人该做什么 |
[11:21] | Look how well that works when Elizabeth tries it with you. | 伊丽莎白曾经对你这样过 行不通的 |
[11:23] | I can ask her to stop lying, | 我可以要她别再撒谎 |
[11:25] | tell her that her 12-year-old son | 告诉她 她十二岁的儿子 |
[11:26] | can’t even stand to look at her anymore, | 再也无法正视她 |
[11:28] | I can tell her that I think she’s better than that. | 告诉她 我认为她不是这样的人 |
[11:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:34] | Will you watch Grant? | 你照顾下格兰特好吗 |
[11:37] | Yeah. | 行 |
[11:38] | Yeah, he’s my little brother, too. | 他也算是我弟弟 |
[11:43] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[11:48] | Ready. | 好了 |
[11:53] | That was another category of bad idea. | 又是一个错误的选择 |
[11:55] | I thought you were great, considering. | 我还以为你挺厉害的 毕竟… |
[11:56] | Considering what? | 毕竟什么 |
[11:57] | Considering you’re a terrible runner. | 毕竟你跑步很差 |
[12:04] | – What is it, what’s wrong? – Elizabeth. | -怎么了 出什么事了 -伊丽莎白 |
[12:07] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[12:15] | I’m really nervous. | 我好紧张 |
[12:16] | Can I ask what’s going on? | 我能问问怎么回事吗 |
[12:18] | – Nope. – Sorry. | -不能 -抱歉 |
[12:36] | Go. | 你说 |
[12:38] | We know you’ve been sleeping with Gabe’s dad. | 我们知道你在跟加布他爸上床 |
[12:40] | What? | 什么 |
[12:41] | Why would you say this– where is this coming from? | 你们为什么这样说 谁说的 |
[12:43] | You had a conversation with Kyle in Grant’s room. | 你在格兰特房间跟凯尔谈过 |
[12:47] | While Grant was in the closet. | 格兰特当时躲在衣柜里 |
[12:51] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[12:55] | Oh, my God, he heard us. | 天呐 他听到了 |
[13:01] | That’s why he said that he hated me. | 怪不得他会说恨我 |
[13:03] | Do you really blame him? | 你觉得这能怪他吗 |
[13:06] | No, he has every right to hate me, you should hate me. | 不 他完全有理由恨我 你们也是 |
[13:09] | Everyone in this house should hate me. | 这家的每个人都应该恨我 |
[13:11] | So you will end it with Kyle? | 那你愿意跟凯尔分手吗 |
[13:12] | It’s over, it has been over. | 已经分了 结束了 |
[13:14] | No, he keeps a picture of you by his bedside. | 不 你的照片还在他床头柜上 |
[13:16] | – Who told you that? – Gabe. | -谁跟你说的 -加布 |
[13:18] | What? | 什么 |
[13:18] | He’s known for three years. | 三年来他一直知情 |
[13:21] | He has? | 是吗 |
[13:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:34] | I’m incredibly embarrassed. | 我现在极度难堪 |
[13:38] | And ashamed. | 又羞愧 |
[13:39] | And I’m very, very sorry. | 我非常非常抱歉 |
[13:46] | Yes, I will end it with Kyle once and for all. | 我会和凯尔一刀两断的 |
[13:50] | And you have to tell Dad. | 你还得向爸爸坦白 |
[13:51] | Carter, I just got my family back | 卡特 我的家庭才团聚 |
[13:56] | and I don’t want to destroy that. | 我不想毁掉这一切 |
[13:58] | What, are you just gonna keep on lying to him? | 怎么 你还要瞒着他吗 |
[14:05] | I’ll tell him. | 我会向他坦白的 |
[14:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:08] | Do it tonight and then it will all be over | 今晚就说 然后等这事过去 |
[14:10] | and we can all go back to normal. | 我们一家就能恢复正常了 |
[14:12] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[14:20] | I just… | 我只是… |
[14:25] | Carter did most of the talking | 卡特说了不少 |
[14:27] | and she’s really good at that, but… | 说得也都对 但… |
[14:30] | I just wanted to say that I’m really hurt | 我只想告诉你我真的很受伤 |
[14:33] | because my whole life, | 因为我一生 |
[14:35] | I’ve been trying to make you proud of me. | 都在努力让你为我自豪 |
[14:38] | Every single thing I did, | 我做每件事之前 |
[14:40] | I would stop and ask myself if you would approve, | 都扪心自问你是否赞同 |
[14:42] | every single thing. | 每一件事 |
[14:45] | And then you- | 而你 |
[14:46] | you go and you sleep with my best friend’s dad | 却跟我朋友的爸爸劈腿 |
[14:50] | and you don’t even think of how I’m gonna feel about that. | 从没想过我的感受 |
[14:53] | I obviously didn’t cross your mind at all. | 很明显你心里就没我 |
[14:55] | No, Taylor- | 不是的 泰勒 |
[15:05] | She was crying and she got really scared. | 她哭了 真的吓到了 |
[15:08] | I just told her something | 我刚告诉了她 |
[15:09] | that could potentially lose her her family. | 一件可能会让她失去家庭的事 |
[15:12] | You’re not responsible if that happens. | 这不是你的错 |
[15:16] | She is. | 是她的 |
[15:20] | God, I am so not used to this family drama. | 天呐 我真不习惯这种家庭闹剧 |
[15:27] | Can’t we all just be happy at the same time. | 难道就不能都幸福地过日子吗 |
[15:31] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:32] | The only person in my family is me. | 我没有家人 |
[15:35] | God, I’m sorry, you must be hating this conversation. | 天呐 对不起 你肯定不喜欢谈论这个 |
[15:38] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[15:42] | I’ve never been happier in my whole life. | 现在是我一生最幸福的时刻 |
[15:48] | Are you making me wait? | 你要让我等着吗 |
[15:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:52] | I don’t like to wait. | 我不喜欢等 |
[16:05] | – Is this a good time? – For what? | -是时候了吗 -干什么 |
[16:07] | For you to tell me what’s going on? | 告诉我到底是怎么回事 |
[16:09] | David, I just need- | 大卫 我只是需要… |
[16:10] | Another 45-minute shower | 又要去洗四十五分钟的澡 |
[16:11] | or 20 more minutes of aimless staring? | 还是再发二十分钟的呆 |
[16:13] | you’ve got me pretty on edge. | 你让我很紧张 |
[16:14] | I’ve been having an affair. | 我出轨了 |
[16:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:21] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[16:23] | With Kyle, yes, I know. | 和凯尔 没错 我知道 |
[16:29] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你怎么不说呢 |
[16:30] | Like what– Can you please stop banging | 说什么 请你能别再和 |
[16:31] | your extremely handsome partner? | 你的帅气搭档上床了吗 |
[16:33] | Did I have to tell you that? | 我要说这个吗 |
[16:37] | Why did you stay with me? | 你为什么还和我在一起 |
[16:40] | I knew one day you’d stop. | 我知道你们总会分手的 |
[16:48] | I knew he didn’t mean that much to you. | 知道他对你没那么重要 |
[16:51] | How? | 怎么知道的 |
[16:53] | Because I know you. | 因为我了解你 |
[16:56] | I know how you are when you’re in love. | 了解你陷入爱情的样子 |
[16:59] | Yes, you do. | 没错 |
[17:02] | I’m so sorry, David. | 我很抱歉 大卫 |
[17:07] | Was it over? | 你们结束了吗 |
[17:08] | It’s over– done, dead. | 彻底结束了 |
[17:15] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[17:30] | Is this what the girls wanted to talk to you about? | 这就是女儿们想跟你说的事吗 |
[17:33] | – Yes. – This affair? | -没错 -这段婚外情 |
[17:35] | Yes. | 没错 |
[17:36] | Who told them? | 谁告诉她们的 |
[17:37] | Grant overheard Kyle and I- | 格兰特不小心听到凯尔和我… |
[17:40] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[17:41] | David. | 大卫 |
[17:42] | Now I look like a loser to my children, to Carter. | 现在孩子们 卡特会当我是废物 |
[17:45] | She is so excited to finally have a dad. | 她很高兴终于有个爸爸 |
[17:48] | She trusts me, she respects me, she… | 信任我 尊敬我 |
[17:53] | Now she pities me. Because she cares. | -现在却可怜我 -因为她在乎 |
[17:55] | No, you don’t- don’t tell- | 不 你没资格说 |
[17:57] | You’re not the object of pity, I am. | 可怜的人又不是你 是我 |
[17:58] | To who? | 在谁面前 |
[17:59] | To you, my unfaithful wife, | 在你面前 我出轨的妻子 |
[18:02] | to you every time I write a book that doesn’t sell. | 在你面前 我写的书永远都卖不动 |
[18:05] | I have always been supportive and sympathetic. | 我一直支持你 也体谅你 |
[18:08] | Your pity is so much a part of you, | 你有的只剩体谅了 |
[18:10] | you don’t even know you have it. | 你自己都没发现 |
[18:11] | I have to do something, I have to. | 我必须做点什么 |
[18:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[18:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:16] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[18:21] | I will do anything. | 我什么都愿意做 |
[18:24] | – Will you? – Anything. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[18:33] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[18:38] | Hi, guys. | 孩子们 |
[18:44] | How is everything? | 你还好吗 |
[18:46] | Things are good. | 挺好的 |
[18:48] | Look, we don’t have to tip toe around the subject. | 我们没必要在这个话题上拐弯抹角 |
[18:49] | Your mom and I had a very open and honest conversation. | 我和你们妈妈非常坦诚地谈过了 |
[18:52] | We worked things out. | 事情都解决了 |
[18:56] | Is anyone hungry? | 有人饿了吗 |
[18:57] | Yes– I can make something. | 是的 我去做点东西 |
[18:59] | Grilled cheese? | 烤奶酪三明治吗 |
[19:00] | Yeah, grilled cheese for everyone. | 好的 大家都要 |
[19:02] | – I would love one of your grilled cheese sandwiches. – Yeah– | -我也要一份 -好 |
[19:05] | Where’s mom? | 妈妈呢 |
[19:07] | She moved out. | 她搬出去了 |
[19:11] | What? | 什么 |
[19:14] | But you just said you worked everything out. | 但你刚才说事情都解决了 |
[19:16] | We did, and she’s gone. | 没错 所以她搬走了 |
[19:32] | Mom leave you a letter, too? | 妈妈也给你留了一封信吗 |
[19:34] | Yeah. What’s yours say? | 是的 你的写的什么 |
[19:36] | Just that she knows I’m gonna be blaming myself | 她知道我会怪是自己惹出的事 |
[19:39] | for what happened, that I shouldn’t. | 我不应该这么想 |
[19:41] | Great day, huh? | 今天多棒啊 |
[19:43] | I went from having two mothers to no mothers. | 我本来有两个妈妈 现在一个都没了 |
[19:48] | What does yours say? | 你的呢 |
[19:53] | Is that your first tooth? | 那是你换的第一颗牙吗 |
[19:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:56] | I didn’t think she saved that kind of stuff, but… | 我从没想过她会留着那些东西 可是… |
[19:59] | I guess she does. | 我猜她都留着 |
[20:04] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[20:07] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[20:11] | Figure it out tomorrow. | 明天再说吧 |
[20:14] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[20:16] | – Night. – Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[20:51] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不好 不好 |
[20:54] | Get up, we overslept! | 快起床 我们睡过了 |
[20:56] | Did we? | 是吗 |
[20:57] | Mom’s not here, remember? | 妈妈搬出去了 还记得吗 |
[21:08] | Milk, are we out of milk? | 牛奶呢 牛奶喝完了吗 |
[21:10] | Hello, I’m trying to locate some milk here. | 听见了吗 我在找牛奶 |
[21:12] | If there’s no milk, there’s no milk. | 如果冰箱里没有 就是没了 |
[21:14] | It’s not Beetlejuice, | 又不是甲壳虫汁[恐怖喜剧] |
[21:15] | it won’t appear if you say it three times. | 如果连念三遍就消失了 |
[21:17] | There you go– fudge bar, dairy. | 给你 巧克力棒 奶制品 |
[21:20] | Um, are we gonna go to school now? | 我们现在要去学校吗 |
[21:22] | Yes, we’re going. | 没错 |
[21:24] | Let’s go. | 快走 |
[21:25] | I’m gonna be late, I’m gonna need a note. | 我要迟到了 得要请假条 |
[21:35] | Here, go– here’s your note. | 给你 请假条 |
[21:38] | Is it gonna be like this from now on? | 以后每天都会这样吗 |
[21:40] | No, don’t worry, we will figure it out. | 不 别担心 我们能搞定的 |
[21:42] | We’re all in this together. | 我们共同面对 |
[21:43] | After school, are you guys gonna pick me up | 放学后是你们来接我 |
[21:45] | or am I gonna have to take the bus? | 还是我自己搭校车 |
[21:46] | You’re not gonna have to take the bus. | 你不用去搭校车 |
[21:48] | No, we’ll be here. | 对 我们来接你 |
[21:49] | Look, Grant, we’re gonna figure this out, okay? | 格兰特 我们能应付得来 |
[21:51] | Nobody’s gonna get lost in the system. | 大家都会过下去的 |
[21:55] | You’ll get some milk? | 你会去买牛奶吗 |
[21:56] | Yes, I will- I will get milk. | 对 我会去买牛奶 |
[21:57] | I’m writing it down. | 我记下来 |
[22:04] | Is that supposed to inspire confidence? | 你这样是想给我鼓劲吗 |
[22:06] | Because it doesn’t. | 这可没用 |
[22:06] | Grant, go– I will get it. | 格兰特 走吧 我会买的 |
[22:09] | Better get milk. | 买牛奶哦 |
[22:10] | I will get milk– bye. | 我会的 再见 |
[22:19] | There’s no way I’m going to school today. | 我今天绝对不去上学 |
[22:23] | I think I know somewhere we can go. | 我知道有个地方可以去 |
[22:38] | So whose idea was it for all four of us to hang out? | 谁说想要我们四个一起玩玩的 |
[22:41] | Well, the two of us really think you two would get along | 我们两个真心觉得 如果你们深入了解 |
[22:45] | if you took the time to get to know one another. | 会相处得很好的 |
[22:48] | Yeah, I mean, you guys have a lot in common. | 是啊 你们有这么多相似的地方 |
[22:52] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[22:57] | See? | 看吧 |
[22:59] | – There is that. – Yeah, that’s your favorite brand. | -是这个 -对呀 你最喜欢的牌子 |
[23:03] | Can I get you that drink? | 你想喝那个吗 |
[23:04] | Yeah. | 想 |
[23:05] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[23:06] | Oh, should we light a peace pipe? | 要点根和睦烟斗吗 |
[23:08] | – Got one packed. – Uh, sure. | -我带了一根 -好啊 |
[23:10] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[23:11] | No. | 当然不 |
[23:11] | – Here, dude. – Thanks. | -给你 兄弟 -谢了 |
[23:13] | She’s never smoked before. | 她从来没抽过 |
[23:15] | Really? Good for you. | 真的吗 这样很好 |
[23:18] | But if you’re at all curious, this is the stuff to try. | 但是如果你好奇的话 试这个正好 |
[23:21] | It’s a really smooth taste, really fast buzz. | 口感柔和 起劲也很快 |
[23:25] | Yeah, I- | 好 我… |
[23:25] | I could use that right now. | 我现在可以试试 |
[23:27] | Just don’t pressure her, though, | 不过别逼她 |
[23:29] | ’cause it’s not really your thing. | 这不是你该干的 |
[23:30] | We’re not pressuring her, | 我们才没有逼她 |
[23:31] | we’re just seeing if she wants to try. | 我们只是问她想不想试试 |
[23:33] | I mean, you’re a fan. | 毕竟 你很喜欢 |
[23:36] | If you like it, I wanna try it. | 如果你喜欢的话 我也想试试看 |
[23:39] | It’s not that great. | 并没有那么好 |
[23:40] | Well, agree to disagree. | 见仁见智咯 |
[23:45] | I want to. | 我想试试看 |
[23:48] | I don’t have to make my mom proud of me anymore. | 反正也不用让我妈骄傲了 |
[23:56] | How do I do this? | 要怎么抽 |
[24:10] | Shall I recite a poem? | 我能背首诗吗 |
[24:13] | Yes, do. | 背吧 |
[24:16] | Pussycat, pussycat, where have you been? | 小猫咪 小猫咪 你去哪里了 |
[24:21] | I’ve been to London to visit the Queen. | 我去伦敦拜见女王了 |
[24:24] | Oh, I’m finding this poem rather beautiful. | 我觉得这首诗相当美妙 |
[24:28] | Do go on. | 继续 |
[24:30] | Pussycat! | 小猫咪 |
[24:33] | That’s a really good British accent. | 这个英国腔真不错 |
[24:42] | Come here. | 过来 |
[24:43] | Come here, let’s get you off the floor. | 来 别躺在地板上 |
[24:45] | Come on, here. | 起来 |
[24:49] | Oh, you’re beautiful. | 你真帅 |
[24:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:53] | You’re my boyfriend. | 你是我男朋友 |
[24:54] | Are you my boyfriend? | 你是我男朋友吗 |
[24:56] | Yes, I am your boyfriend. | 是 我是你男朋友 |
[24:58] | Here, sit down. | 来 坐下 |
[24:59] | I have a beautiful boyfriend. | 我有个帅哥男朋友 |
[25:13] | Aren’t you gonna lay with me? | 你不和我一起躺吗 |
[25:16] | No. | 不了 |
[25:18] | I want you to. | 我想要你一起躺 |
[25:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:22] | Not while you’re high. | 我不想趁人之危 |
[25:27] | Poo. | 傻蛋 |
[25:31] | But I do wanna be with you. | 但我确实很想和你在一起 |
[25:34] | Just not like this. | 只是不是这样 |
[25:38] | Go to sleep. | 睡吧 |
[25:50] | You have me wrapped around your little finger. | 我被你紧紧抓在手心 |
[25:57] | Promise, pinky swear? | 真的吗 拉钩 |
[26:00] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么 |
[26:03] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[26:04] | Something my mom and I used to say to each other. | 我和我妈以前总这样说 |
[26:10] | I miss her. | 我想她了 |
[26:14] | You’ll see her again, Carter. | 你还会见到她的 卡特 |
[26:17] | I’ll find her for you. | 我会替你找到她 |
[26:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:53] | Hey, Mom, can you come pick me up? | 妈 你能来接我吗 |
[27:02] | You left Grant alone? | 你俩把格兰特丢下了吗 |
[27:05] | He’s 12 years old. | 他才十二岁 |
[27:06] | Do you know how irresponsible that is… | 你们知道这有多不负责任 |
[27:08] | – We know. – and potentially extremely dangerous? | -知道 -而且多危险吗 |
[27:12] | Yes. | 知道 |
[27:13] | God. | 天呐 |
[27:15] | I’m really sorry for everything, | 发生这一切 我非常抱歉 |
[27:16] | but I haven’t even been out of this house | 但我离开这房子还不到一天 |
[27:19] | a full 24 hours and you’re already stoned. | 你们就已经嗨了吗 |
[27:22] | We are falling apart here. | 这个家已经分崩离析了 |
[27:26] | Please come home. | 求你回来吧 |
[27:28] | Well, your father doesn’t want that. | 你们父亲不希望我回来 |
[27:39] | Well, I do– I’m gonna tell him. | 我想 我要告诉他 |
[27:46] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[27:49] | All right, I am going to take you | 好吧 我送你 |
[27:51] | up to your room young, lady. | 回你房间 小姐 |
[27:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:55] | My little flower child. | 我的小嬉皮士 |
[28:02] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[28:08] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[28:32] | What’d he say? | 他怎么说 |
[28:33] | He wasn’t in there. | 他不在房间里 |
[28:35] | But this was. | 但这个在 |
[28:37] | Oh, he’s in his Ernest Hemingway mode. | 他进入了欧内斯特·海明威模式 |
[28:40] | I know exactly where he is. | 我知道他在哪里 |
[28:51] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[28:53] | Carter, I’ve decided. | 卡特 我决定了 |
[28:57] | I’m getting divorced. | 我要离婚 |
[29:05] | You, of anyone, should understand | 你应该最了解 |
[29:07] | what it’s like to have to reinvent yourself. | 重塑自我是什么感觉 |
[29:09] | That’s what I have to do. | 我就得这样 |
[29:13] | Your mother– sorry. | 你母亲… 抱歉 |
[29:14] | Elizabeth married a very promising young writer | 伊丽莎白嫁给了一个很有前途的年轻作家 |
[29:17] | who was going to introduce her to the literary life. | 他打算把她引上文学生涯 |
[29:23] | I’m not that person, am I? | 我不是那个人 对吧 |
[29:25] | Don’t answer that. | 别回答 |
[29:29] | And I will probably never be that person. | 我也许永远不会成为那个人 |
[29:32] | Why does any of this mean you have to get a divorce? | 为什么这意味着你要离婚呢 |
[29:37] | Because I let her down. | 因为我让她失望了 |
[29:41] | The only book anyone wants from me | 大家想要我写的唯一一本书 |
[29:46] | is the one I can’t write. | 我却恰恰不能写 |
[29:50] | “Finding Carter.” | 《寻找卡特》 |
[29:56] | But it’s okay… | 但没关系 |
[29:58] | because I found Carter. | 因为我找到卡特了 |
[30:08] | He wants a divorce. | 他想离婚 |
[30:10] | He does? | 是吗 |
[30:12] | I thought this was fixable. | 我还以为可以挽回 |
[30:15] | I really did. | 真的 |
[30:18] | It is fixable. | 的确可以挽回 |
[30:20] | You’re just– | 你只是… |
[30:22] | you’re not the one that can fix it. | 你不是能挽回的那个人 |
[30:24] | Look, I have to make 100% sure that if you could, | 我得百分百确定 如果可以 |
[30:29] | you would come home and that you would be willing | 你会回家 愿意跟爸爸 |
[30:31] | to work on things with Dad. | 解决问题 |
[30:33] | Ye– yes. | 当然 |
[30:53] | I’ve given this a lot of thought | 我考虑了很多 |
[30:54] | and I want to help fix things. | 我想帮你们重归于好 |
[30:57] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[31:00] | If you don’t divorce Elizabeth, | 如果你不和伊丽莎白离婚 |
[31:02] | you let her come home and you’re willing to work on things, | 让她回家 愿意解决问题 |
[31:04] | then I will let you write your book “Finding Carter.” | 那我就让你写《寻找卡特》 |
[31:11] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[31:14] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[31:16] | I mean, we’ll need to discuss what goes in the book | 我们得讨论书里要写什么 |
[31:19] | and then I’ll want to approve everything. | 一切都要经过我的同意 |
[31:22] | One hundred percent, yeah. | 当然了 |
[31:24] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[31:24] | And if I say you can’t write something, you just- | 如果我说不能写什么 你就… |
[31:27] | you can’t put it in. | 不能写 |
[31:29] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:36] | So that’s a yes? | 那你答应了吗 |
[31:37] | Elizabeth can come home? | 伊丽莎白可以回家了吗 |
[31:40] | I’m overwhelmed. | 我简直受宠若惊 |
[31:41] | We really mean that much to you? | 我们真的对你那么重要吗 |
[31:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:56] | I still don’t know why you won’t tell me how you did it. | 我还是不懂你为什么不说怎么做到的 |
[31:59] | Because that’s not what’s important. | 因为那不重要 |
[32:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:04] | I don’t know why you would do this for me. | 我不知道你为什么要为我这样做 |
[32:20] | “Carter… | “卡特 |
[32:21] | The achievement I am most proud of in my life | 我这辈子最骄傲的成就 |
[32:23] | is that you don’t hate me anymore. | 就是你不再恨我了 |
[32:25] | I am sure you will blame yourself | 我肯定我和你爸爸分居 |
[32:26] | for your dad and me separating, | 你会责怪自己 |
[32:28] | but I want to thank you for making me be honest with him. | 但我想谢谢你逼我对他坦白 |
[32:32] | It was the first entirely honest conversation | 我想这是我这些年来 |
[32:35] | I think I’ve had with anyone in years. | 第一次和别人说实话 |
[32:38] | I owe all my honesty to you. | 我的诚实都是因为你 |
[32:41] | Elizabeth.” | 伊丽莎白” |
[32:45] | I’m pretty proud of that letter. | 我很为这封信感到骄傲 |
[32:49] | All right, I’ll see you later at home. | 回头在家里见 |
[32:51] | Wait, you’re not coming home now? | 等等 你现在不回家吗 |
[32:52] | Mm-mm, I’m going to work. | 不 我要去上班 |
[32:54] | What happened to doing it all differently this time? | 不是说好这次不一样了吗 |
[32:57] | Trust me– come on. | 相信我 走吧 |
[33:09] | Hey! | 有人吗 |
[33:11] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[33:12] | Hey! | 你好啊 |
[33:15] | – Oh, I’m so glad you’re back. – Come here. | -真高兴你回来了 -过来 |
[33:19] | Please tell me you got milk. | 请告诉我你买了牛奶 |
[33:23] | See, see? | 看到没 |
[33:24] | This is how it’s done. | 这才叫过日子 |
[33:25] | Tell him your news. | 告诉他吧 |
[33:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:29] | I took a leave of absence from my job today. | 我今天申请休假了 |
[33:32] | You did? | 是的吗 |
[33:34] | You did. | 真的啊 |
[33:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:38] | Hey. | 你好 |
[33:41] | Well, I said from the beginning that I became a cop | 我最初就说了 当警察 |
[33:43] | so I could find my daughter and… | 是为了找回女儿 |
[33:45] | I found my daughter. | 现在找到了 |
[33:48] | You know what this means? | 知道这意味着什么吗 |
[33:50] | We no longer have a cop in our family. | 我们家里没警察了 |
[33:52] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, it’s just a leave of absence. | 别激动 只是休假而已 |
[33:55] | We temporarily no longer have a cop in our family. | 家里暂时没警察了 |
[34:04] | Thanks for letting me come home. | 谢谢你让我回家 |
[34:06] | Yeah, we just got our family back together again, | 我们才全家团聚没多久 |
[34:08] | it seemed like a really bad idea to tear it apart. | 再拆散的话太残忍了 |
[34:12] | Yeah, really bad idea. | 是 太残忍了 |
[34:15] | I want it to work. | 但愿有用 |
[34:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:18] | We all do. | 我们都是 |
[34:20] | Well, I’m starving– can we eat? | 我饿死了 能开饭吗 |
[34:23] | Yeah, we should eat, just drop that stuff. | 好 吃饭去吧 把包放下 |
[34:25] | Come on– let’s go. | 来吧 走 |
[34:28] | Something healthy. | 吃点健康的 |
[34:37] | Carter. | 卡特 |
[34:40] | Hey. | 怎么了 |
[34:41] | Come here. | 过来 |
[34:43] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[34:45] | Okay, this is Taylor’s. | 这是泰勒的 |
[34:47] | And look what I did. | 看我做的 |
[34:55] | – Is that me? – Yeah. | -那是我吗 -对 |
[34:59] | Doesn’t Grant get a book? | 格兰特没有一本吗 |
[35:00] | I owe Grant so much, | 我欠格兰特的太多了 |
[35:02] | but I am going to be the best, | 但我要做最好的… |
[35:04] | or somewhat passable stay-at-home mom ever. | 起码是合格的全职妈妈 |
[35:11] | You loved your baths. | 你很爱洗澡的 |
[35:15] | Yeah, I don’t- | 好吧 我… |
[35:17] | I don’t know if this is all right for me to say, but… | 我不知道这么说合不合适 但… |
[35:22] | I know that you saw Lori. | 我知道你见过洛莉了 |
[35:27] | You heard? | 你听说了吗 |
[35:29] | And I just want to say, thank you for staying. | 我只想说 谢谢你留下来 |
[35:34] | For choosing us. | 选择我们 |
[35:40] | I almost talked to her. | 我差点就跟她说话了 |
[35:44] | I thought he made the call. | 我以为是爸爸打的电话 |
[35:46] | No, actually, I called, | 不 实际上是我 |
[35:48] | but then the second I heard her voice, | 但我一听到她声音 |
[35:49] | I just froze, I couldn’t speak, | 就呆住了 说不出话 |
[35:50] | so I had to give the phone to David. | 不得不把手机给大卫 |
[35:53] | You were with him? You heard the whole conversation? | 你也在吗 听到了整个谈话吗 |
[35:56] | It wasn’t really a conversation. | 不能算是谈话 |
[35:58] | It was just David saying that you were staying | 只是大卫告诉她你要留下 |
[36:00] | and that she should go and leave us alone. | 她该离开 别打扰我们生活 |
[36:05] | That was it– nothing about a meeting? | 就这些 没说见面吗 |
[36:07] | A meeting? | 什么见面 |
[36:08] | With Lori, why would they have a meeting. | 为什么要跟洛莉见面 |
[36:10] | So I could say goodbye? | 我好跟她告别啊 |
[36:11] | No, no meeting. | 不 没说见面 |
[36:13] | Nothing about me meeting her, nothing. | 没说我要跟她见面吗 |
[36:16] | You keep asking me about this meeting, | 你一直在问见面 |
[36:17] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[36:19] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[36:22] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[36:23] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[36:26] | It never ends. | 真的没完了 |
[36:28] | What never ends? | 什么没完了 |
[36:30] | The lies. | 谎言 |
[36:31] | Everything he told me was a… oh, my God. | 他跟我说的都是… 天呐 |