时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Finding Carter. | 《找寻自我》前情回顾 |
[00:10] | Dad, I feel like you’re not telling me something. | 爸爸 我觉得你有事瞒着我 |
[00:12] | I had a one-night stand. | 我有次一夜情 |
[00:13] | It was the biggest mistake of my life. | 那是我生命中犯下的最大的错误 |
[00:15] | – Carter, this is Hillary. – Hi. | -卡特 这是希拉里 -你好 |
[00:16] | I’m your dad’s teaching assistant. | 我是你爸爸的助教 |
[00:19] | Max and I are done. | 我和麦克斯结束了 |
[00:22] | Your father and I are separating. | 我跟爸爸要分居 |
[00:36] | Gabe, is– | 加布 这… |
[00:37] | is that Carter? | 这是卡特吗 |
[00:39] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[00:40] | Wait, you still go to school here? | 等等 你还在这里上学吗 |
[00:43] | Funny. | 真有意思 |
[00:44] | You guys should do standup. | 你们该去说单口相声 |
[00:45] | We heard about what happened with Lori | 我们听说了洛莉的事 |
[00:46] | and we were just trying to cheer you up. | 只是想逗你开心 |
[00:48] | – You okay? – I’m not gonna lie, | -你没事吧 -我不会撒谎 |
[00:50] | it’s been a rough few days. | 这几天很难熬 |
[00:52] | In fact, the only reason I’m here is because the new | 实际上 我来这里的唯一原因 |
[00:53] | guidance counselor has insisted that I come in for some | 就是新的辅导员坚持要我参加 |
[00:57] | face-to-face time with my parents. | 跟我爸妈的面对面谈话 |
[01:00] | Have you guys met this woman? | 你们见过这女人吗 |
[01:02] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[01:03] | She’s a serious hard-ass. | 她是个很严厉[屁股紧实]的人 |
[01:05] | But her ass is seriously hard. | 但她的屁股真的很紧实 |
[01:08] | – Well played, it is. – Great. Yeah. | -说得好 -真棒 |
[01:10] | – Well, I’ll see you later. – Yeah. | -回头见 -好 |
[01:12] | – See ya. – Bye. | -回见 -拜 |
[01:16] | Hey, where have you been? You’re late. | 你去哪里了 你迟到了 |
[01:18] | By, like, three minutes. | 就迟到了三分钟 |
[01:19] | Do we know what this meeting is about? | 我们知道这次见面的目的是什么吗 |
[01:20] | Something about my future. | 跟我的未来有关吧 |
[01:22] | That sounds positive. | 听起来不错哦 |
[01:24] | – Elizabeth? – Yes. | -伊丽莎白吗 -是的 |
[01:25] | Abby, this is my husband David. | 艾比 这是我丈夫大卫 |
[01:27] | Hello. And you must be Carter. | 你好 你一定就是卡特了 |
[01:30] | I must be. | 是啊 |
[01:31] | – Shall we get started? – Yes. | -我们能开始了吗 -好的 |
[01:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:34] | According to our records, | 根据我们的记录 |
[01:35] | Carter’s missed nine days of school this month, | 卡特这个月九天没来上课 |
[01:38] | ten last month. | 上个月有十天 |
[01:40] | – Ten days? – We had no idea. | -十天吗 -我们完全不知道 |
[01:42] | On top of that, her GPA has been sliding each quarter. | 此外 她的绩点每季度都在下滑 |
[01:44] | – It’s now a 2.4. – 2.4? | -现在是2.4 -2.4吗 |
[01:46] | If Carter keeps this up she may have to repeat her junior year | 如果卡特继续这样 她也许得重新上高三 |
[01:49] | or she could be kicked out for chronic truancy. | 或者因为长期旷课被退学 |
[01:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | Yes, I fully admit that school | 是 我承认最近 |
[01:57] | hasn’t been the biggest priority for me recently, | 上学并不是我的当务之急 |
[02:01] | but that could have something to do with the fact | 但那也许跟我刚把 |
[02:02] | that I just committed the woman who raised me | 将我养大的女人送去 |
[02:05] | to a mental institution. | 精神病院有关系 |
[02:06] | I just returned home after being kidnapped for the second time | 我出生十七年来 第二次被绑架 |
[02:10] | in my 17 years on this planet, | 最近才刚刚回家 |
[02:12] | so how about you all just give me | 所以你们能不能 |
[02:13] | a little bit of a break? | 让我缓一缓 |
[02:14] | Sweetheart, you’ve been through a lot, we get that. | 亲爱的 我们知道你经历了很多 |
[02:17] | But school is important. | 但是上学很重要 |
[02:18] | What can we do to help you? | 我们能做什么来帮你 |
[02:20] | I don’t need help, really, I’m fine. | 我不需要帮助 我没事 |
[02:22] | You’ve had a rough time, but maybe if you think about | 你过得很糟糕 但也许你应该 |
[02:24] | letting it stop, try to look forward. | 不再想这事 努力翻篇 |
[02:25] | We all want to help you succeed. Now, are you planning | 我们都想帮助你成功 你明天打算 |
[02:28] | on taking your college aptitude test tomorrow? | 参加大学生能力倾向测验吗 |
[02:30] | Was it something I put down in my calendar? No. | 我把这事列入日程了吗 没有 |
[02:33] | These scores are vital to your future. | 这些分数对你的未来至关重要 |
[02:36] | The higher your score, | 你的分数越高 |
[02:37] | the more opportunities you’ll have for college. | 就有更多上大学的机会 |
[02:39] | The sooner you take them, the more chances | 越早进行测验 就越有可能 |
[02:41] | you’ll have to increase your score. | 提高自己的分数 |
[02:44] | Well, I want to thank you all for your time and your concern. | 我想感谢你们的时间和关心 |
[02:51] | Consider your message received. | 你们说的我知道了 |
[02:54] | Loud and clear. | 铭记于心 |
[03:31] | – So you just left? – Yeah. | -你就离开了吗 -是啊 |
[03:33] | All three of them were just standing there | 他们三个就站在那 |
[03:34] | going through my file like I was on trial or something. | 翻着我档案 好像我在受审一样 |
[03:36] | Now they are insisting that I take the SATs tomorrow. | 现在他们坚持要我明天参加高考 |
[03:40] | Those monsters. | 那些禽兽 |
[03:41] | Whose side are you on, Crash? | 你站在谁那边啊 克拉什 |
[03:42] | Come on, they’re just looking out for you. | 他们只是关心你 |
[03:43] | Yeah, okay, but I really don’t need them to. | 好吧 但我不需要他们这样 |
[03:46] | You know, okay, for all of Lori’s faults, | 虽然洛莉犯了很多错 |
[03:49] | and believe me, there are many, | 相信我 相当多 |
[03:52] | she never got on my case about school. | 她从来没干涉过我上学的事 |
[03:55] | She just trusted me enough to leave me alone | 她足够相信我 让我一个人 |
[03:58] | and let me figure stuff out for myself. | 自己弄明白一切 |
[04:02] | Miss. | 小姐 |
[04:03] | This employee bothering you? | 这个员工在打扰你吗 |
[04:05] | Oh, no. I was just, um, talking… | 没有 我只是在聊天… |
[04:08] | – What? – He’s kidding. | -怎么了 -他开玩笑的 |
[04:09] | This is my Uncle Shane. | 这是我谢恩叔叔 |
[04:11] | It’s nice to finally meet you. | 终于见到你了真好 |
[04:12] | – I’m carter. – Nice to meet you, too. | -我是卡特 -很高兴认识你 |
[04:14] | Thank you for everything you did for crash. | 谢谢你为克拉什所做的一切 |
[04:17] | Crash is family. | 克拉什是家人 |
[04:18] | Never turn your back on family. | 不要拒绝帮助家人 |
[04:20] | And don’t forget, we need this turnaround by 2:00. | 别忘了 两点前要弄好 |
[04:22] | Yeah, I got it, I got it. | 没问题 |
[04:23] | See you again soon, I hope. | 希望很快能再见 |
[04:24] | Yeah, definitely. Bye. | 绝对的 拜 |
[04:27] | See? Why can’t any of the adults in my family be that cool? | 瞧 为什么我家的大人没有那么酷 |
[04:32] | I think I have a way to turn your day around. | 我有办法让你开心起来 |
[04:34] | – How? – I’m gonna take you out tonight. | -怎么做 -今晚带你出去 |
[04:35] | – What, on, like, a date? – Yes, an actual date | -怎么 约会吗 -对 真正的约会 |
[04:37] | in a nice restaurant with tablecloths | 去一家华丽的餐厅 |
[04:39] | and waiters, menus that don’t have pictures of food on them. | 有桌布和服务生 不用看照片点菜的那种 |
[04:42] | You don’t have to do that. | 不用那样的 |
[04:43] | I want to. | 我想那样 |
[04:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:50] | So… | 话说 |
[04:51] | How’d you discover this room? | 你怎么发现这个房间的 |
[04:54] | I was a library monitor last year, | 去年我是图书馆协管 |
[04:56] | so I know every nook and cranny of this place. | 所以我知道这里的每个角落 |
[04:59] | No one ever set foot | 从没有人来过 |
[05:00] | in the Russian literature section, not once. | 这个俄国文学室 一次都没有 |
[05:03] | Well, this was fun. | 这样真有意思 |
[05:06] | Should we do something again after lunch? | 午饭后我们要再做什么吗 |
[05:09] | You know, we’ve hooked up five times this week, | 这周我们在一起五次 |
[05:11] | and each time you take off the second it’s over. | 每次完事了你就急匆匆走掉 |
[05:13] | – What’s the rush? – Well, at this moment, | -急什么 -现在这会儿 |
[05:15] | I have exactly four minutes to get to pre-cal | 还有四分钟 我的微积分课就要迟到了 |
[05:18] | and I thought that this was just a… | 而且我以为我们只是 |
[05:21] | friends with benefits type thing situation. | 炮友的关系… |
[05:25] | Doesn’t have to be. | 不必如此啊 |
[05:26] | Why don’t you come to the fair with me tonight? | 不如你今晚跟我一起去集市吧 |
[05:28] | – MisterWives is playing. – I don’t know. SATs are tomorrow. | -“先生太太”乐队有表演呢 -明天就高考了 |
[05:30] | I was just gonna go home and do some last-minute cramming. | 我晚上只想在家最后复习一下 |
[05:34] | You’ve been cramming for months. | 你都复习好几个月 |
[05:35] | You’re ready. | 不用再复习了 |
[05:36] | Let me present this to you | 我换个说法吧 |
[05:37] | in a way you can better understand. | 好让你更好地理解 |
[05:39] | Do you want to go to the fair with me? | 你想跟我一起去玩吗 |
[05:41] | “A,” not at all, | A 不想 |
[05:42] | “B,” not sure, | B 不知道 |
[05:44] | “C,” a little, | C 有点想 |
[05:45] | “D,” a lot. | D 非常想 |
[05:54] | “C”? | C吧 |
[05:54] | C “C.” | |
[05:56] | I can work with that. | 我能接受 |
[06:00] | Okay, looks like your half of the bills | 看来你那一半的账单钱 |
[06:02] | – comes to 537.12. – Really? | -是537.12块 -真的吗 |
[06:05] | Well, I think I’m gonna be a little short this month. | 我这个月手头有点紧 |
[06:07] | Short as in, like, can you spot me a fiver, or… | 手头紧的意思是想借几块还是… |
[06:10] | Or a couple c-notes. | 借几百块吧 |
[06:13] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:14] | I wasn’t anticipating my grandma | 我没想到我奶奶 |
[06:15] | being so rigid with the monthly allowance. | 每月就给我那么点零花钱 |
[06:17] | She’s trying to get me to come and live with her | 她想让我跟她去一起住 |
[06:19] | and she thinks the big squeeze will do it. | 觉得少给零花钱可以逼我过去 |
[06:20] | Can you just cover me and I’ll pay you back? | 你能先垫吗 我会还你的 |
[06:22] | Bird, you know I’d be up for that totally. | 波德 你知道我肯定挺你的 |
[06:24] | You’ve been really great about letting me stay here. | 你让我住这里我真的很感激 |
[06:26] | I just– truth is, I just– | 说实话 我… |
[06:27] | I don’t make enough to cover us both. | 我赚的钱不够我们俩的开销 |
[06:29] | Money management. | 财务管理 |
[06:31] | It’s never really been my strong suit. | 我一直都不怎么在行 |
[06:32] | No worries, you have other stellar qualities. | 没事 你有其他优点 |
[06:35] | But if we’re gonna keep the lights on around here, | 但如果我们想交得起电费 |
[06:37] | you’re gonna maybe need to cut back on entertaining. | 娱乐活动你真需要减少了 |
[06:39] | Yeah, I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[06:41] | Except the people have grown to expect | 可大家都习惯我办活动 |
[06:43] | certain amenities from me. | 大家一起开心了 |
[06:44] | What am I supposed to do? Go all Marie Antoinette on them? | 我该怎么办 难道让他们出钱吗 |
[06:46] | No, no, nobody’s asking you to lose your head. | 没有 我不是让你以死谢罪 |
[06:49] | I’m just asking you to keep it on straight. | 我只是说别乱花钱了 |
[06:59] | Hey, do you have any lip gloss? | 你有唇彩吗 |
[07:01] | Whoa! Hot date? | 要去火热约会吗 |
[07:02] | Lukewarm. | 一点都不火热 |
[07:04] | Uh, yeah, it’s in the top drawer. | 有 在第一层抽屉 |
[07:06] | So? Who’s the lucky guy? | 是哪个男生这么走运 |
[07:10] | Ofe. | 挑眉哥 |
[07:11] | Ofe? | 他吗 |
[07:12] | Wow, I did not see that coming. | 这我还真没想到 |
[07:14] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[07:16] | – I kinda like it, though. – Yeah, I think I kinda like it, too. | -不过我还挺喜欢的 -我好像也是 |
[07:20] | What’s all this? | 你这是干什么 |
[07:23] | I also have a date tonight. | 我今晚也有约会 |
[07:25] | Cool. Anyone I know? | 是我认识的人吗 |
[07:29] | Taylor, he’s not the same guy anymore. | 泰勒 他不是以前那样了 |
[07:31] | To me, he is. | 对我来说他还是 |
[07:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:38] | You should go with that one. | 你应该穿那件 |
[07:39] | Brings out your eyes. | 衬你的眼睛 |
[07:50] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[08:02] | Can you please just forget you saw that? | 你能当没看见吗 |
[08:04] | No, I don’t think I can. | 当然不能 |
[08:05] | Where did you get this? | 你哪里弄来的 |
[08:07] | Lori gave it to me. | 洛莉给我的 |
[08:08] | Why does she have a picture of our dad? | 她为什么有我们爸爸的照片 |
[08:10] | To prove that she had an affair with him. | 好证明跟他有外遇 |
[08:12] | That woman is so crazy. | 那女人真是个疯子 |
[08:15] | Does she really expect us to believe that… | 她真以为我们会相信… |
[08:21] | Well, it isn’t true, is it? | 不是真的 对吧 |
[08:26] | This is why mom and dad are separating? | 所以爸妈才分居吗 |
[08:28] | Tay, I think it’s better if you ask them these questions. | 小泰 这些问题你最好去问他们 |
[08:30] | No, I’m asking you. | 不 我就要问你 |
[08:31] | Yeah, and I’m saying, I think it’s better if you ask them. | 我的回答是你最好去问他们 |
[08:34] | Fine, I will. | 好 我去 |
[08:43] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[08:45] | Where’d you get that? | 你哪里拿到的 |
[08:46] | She found it in my room. | 她在我屋里找到的 |
[08:49] | – Is what true? – Did you have an affair with lori? | -什么是真的 -你跟洛莉真的有外遇吗 |
[08:51] | – Did he what? – Taylor, this is not the time. | -什么 -泰勒 现在不合适 |
[08:53] | – It’s a yes or no question, Dad. – This is an adult conversation | -到底是不是 爸爸 -这是大人的事 |
[08:55] | – that I’m not open to having right now. – Why not? | -我现在不想谈 -为什么 |
[08:57] | Because not everything your mother and I deal with | 因为这是我跟你母亲两个人之间的事 |
[08:59] | in our personal lives is your business. | 与你们没有关系 |
[09:01] | How is you sleeping with Carter’s kidnapper | 你跟绑架卡特的人上床 |
[09:04] | – not my business? – Taylor, that’s enough. | -怎么会不关我的事 -泰勒 够了 |
[09:06] | This conversation is over. | 谈话到此为止 |
[09:10] | Anything you’d like to say? | 你想说什么吗 |
[09:18] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[09:21] | – I knew it. – It happened a long time ago. | -我就知道 -那是好久之前的事 |
[09:23] | It was a couple of years before Carter was kidnapped. | 是卡特被绑架的前几年的 |
[09:25] | I am so sorry, Taylor, we should have told you. | 对不起 泰勒 我们应该告诉你的 |
[09:27] | You thought that Carter could handle it but we couldn’t? | 你觉得卡特承受得了 我们就不行吗 |
[09:29] | They didn’t tell me. I found out by myself. | 不是他们告诉我的 是我自己发现的 |
[09:31] | Like that somehow makes it better? | 这样说会好一些吗 |
[09:32] | We’re sisters. You should have told me. | 我们是姐妹 你应该告诉我的 |
[09:34] | Yeah, it would have been nice if you told me, too. | 是啊 要是你告诉我也会好一些 |
[09:36] | I promised them I wouldn’t. | 我保证过不会说的 |
[09:37] | Oh, ’cause that would be, what, the first time | 因为那样就会是你第一次 |
[09:39] | you broke a promise to our parents? | 打破你对爸妈的承诺吗 |
[09:40] | Taylor, we were just trying to protect you. | 泰勒 我们只是想保护你 |
[09:42] | Well, I don’t know who to be more mad at, you guys or Lori, | 我都不知道更加气谁 是你们还是洛莉 |
[09:45] | who somehow still manages to screw up my life, | 即使在监狱里 那女人还是在设法 |
[09:48] | even from jail. | 毁了我的生活 |
[09:49] | I’m out of here. | 我要走了 |
[09:50] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[09:51] | The fair. Don’t wait up. | 集市 不用等我了 |
[09:52] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[09:54] | Can I come, too? | 我能一起去吗 |
[09:55] | Sure. Why not? | 行啊 当然了 |
[09:57] | Enjoy your date. | 好好约会 |
[10:05] | Study date with Bird. For the SATs tomorrow. | 和波德约了一起学习 准备明天的高考 |
[10:19] | Hey. Okay if he tags along? | 他跟来没事吧 |
[10:21] | I know it’s probably not what you had in mind. | 我知道你没料到会有个跟班 |
[10:23] | No problem at all. Hey, buddy. | 没问题 你好 伙计 |
[10:27] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[10:28] | All good. | 没事 |
[10:30] | You ready for some fun, little man? | 准备好找点乐子了吗 小家伙 |
[10:34] | Okay. | 好了 |
[10:41] | We agreed we wouldn’t say anything. | 我们说过不会说任何事的 |
[10:42] | – I know. – So why’d you do it? | -我知道 -那你为什么还要说 |
[10:45] | Because I hated seeing Taylor so upset. | 因为我不想看到泰勒这么痛苦 |
[10:47] | Or because you couldn’t pass up an opportunity | 又或者你抓紧一切机会 |
[10:48] | to make me look like a bad guy. | 让我来做恶人 |
[10:50] | David, they got past my affair with Kyle, | 大卫 他们接受了我跟凯尔出轨的事 |
[10:52] | they’ll get past this, too. | 他们也会接受这个的 |
[10:53] | Are you trying to turn the kids against me? | 你是想让孩子们都讨厌我吗 |
[10:54] | Is that what this is about? | 是为了这个吗 |
[10:55] | What are you talking about? Why would I do that? | 你在说什么 我为什么要那么做 |
[10:57] | Because we don’t know where we’ll stand when the dust | 因为我们不知道分居这件事 |
[10:58] | settles on this separation. | 会闹到什么地步 |
[11:00] | For all I know, you’re– you’re plotting. | 我只知道 你在…筹谋 |
[11:02] | Plotting? | 筹谋 |
[11:03] | Yeah, trying to get the kids to pick sides, | 是啊 你想让孩子们选择站在哪一边 |
[11:05] | in case in the end, you know. | 以防止发展到那种地步 |
[11:07] | David, I am still pulling to make this marriage work. | 大卫 我还在努力挽回这段婚姻 |
[11:10] | And you find that funny? | 你觉得很好笑吗 |
[11:11] | – Hilarious, actually. – Why? | -贻笑大方 -为什么 |
[11:13] | Because from where I’m standing, only one of us is pulling for | 因为在我看来 我俩之中只有一个人 |
[11:16] | this marriage to work and it’s me. | 在努力挽回这段婚姻 那就是我 |
[11:26] | Hi. | 你好 |
[11:27] | Is David in? | 大卫在吗 |
[11:35] | Maybe your date would like to weigh in on this. | 也许你的对象会让你更有说服力 |
[11:44] | I’m sorry, are we seeing other people now? | 不好意思 咱们已经开始找下家了吗 |
[11:46] | Hillary and I are just friends, we are not seeing each other, | 希拉里和我只是朋友 我们没有约会 |
[11:50] | – unlike you and Kyle. – What are you talking about now? | -不像你和凯尔 -你在说什么 |
[11:52] | Grant told me he saw the two of you kissing. | 格兰特告诉我他看到你俩接吻了 |
[11:56] | – That’s not true. – So Grant’s lying? | -那不是真的 -那格兰特在撒谎咯 |
[11:58] | No, what happened was, Kyle tried to kiss me | 不 实际上是凯尔想亲我 |
[12:00] | – and I stopped it. – If you want to see other people, | -我制止了他 -要是你想跟别人约会 |
[12:02] | – just say so. – I’m not the one with the date in the next room. | -直说吧 -约会对象找上门来的可不是我 |
[12:04] | We are going for a friendly drink. | 我们只是朋友间去喝杯酒 |
[12:06] | – It’s not a date. – Well, if you want it to be, | -这不是约会 -如果你想约会的话 |
[12:08] | please don’t let me stop you. | 别让我搅了你的好事 |
[12:09] | Oh, so you do think we should see other people. | 所以你是觉得我们应该去找其他人咯 |
[12:11] | No, what I think is you’re afraid to tell me | 不 我觉得是你不敢告诉我 |
[12:12] | that you want to see other people. | 你想去找别人 |
[12:14] | Excuse me, I’m so sorry, I couldn’t help but overhear. | 不好意思 对不起 我不小心听到了 |
[12:19] | I think I’m just gonna go. | 我觉得我还是走吧 |
[12:20] | No, please– | 不 请你… |
[12:21] | I’m sorry, could you hang on a second? | 对不起 能稍微等一会吗 |
[12:22] | Well, it sounds like you two are having difficulty communicating. | 听起来你们俩之间的沟通好像有点问题 |
[12:25] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道 |
[12:27] | I was a psychology minor. | 我辅修心理学 |
[12:38] | Maybe seeing other people isn’t the worst idea. | 也许找找别人也不算什么坏点子 |
[12:46] | Well, now we’re communicating. | 现在你们算是有沟通了 |
[12:48] | So, yeah. | 没错 |
[12:51] | Business is going really well, | 生意非常棒 |
[12:52] | Shane’s already looking to expand, | 谢恩已经在考虑扩张了 |
[12:53] | open up a few more shops. | 再多开几家分店 |
[12:54] | He’s teaching me how the whole operation works. | 他在教我整个运作模式是怎样的 |
[12:56] | In a few years, I should be able to | 过几年 我应该能从机械工 |
[12:57] | move up from mechanic to manager. | 升职成为总经理了 |
[13:02] | I never heard you sound, so, um… | 你从没听上去这么… |
[13:05] | Mature. Nice. | 成熟 很好 |
[13:07] | Mature may be a stretch, | 说成熟可能有点夸张了 |
[13:08] | but for the first time in my life, | 但人生中第一次 |
[13:09] | I feel like I… | 我觉得我… |
[13:12] | I’m gonna be okay. | 我会没事的 |
[13:13] | I’m not gonna screw everything up, you know? | 我不会把所有事都搞砸 |
[13:16] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[13:18] | You feeling any better? | 感觉好点了吗 |
[13:20] | Not really a bit. | 一点都没有 |
[13:21] | Well, don’t worry. Dinner is just phase one. | 别担心 晚餐只是第一阶段 |
[13:24] | I got a whole phase two planned out. | 第二阶段我可是安排得满满的 |
[13:25] | What’s phase two? | 第二阶段是什么 |
[13:26] | It’s a surprise. | 是个惊喜 |
[13:27] | Okay, I don’t mean to offend, | 我无意冒犯 |
[13:28] | but the last thing I need in my life right now | 但我现在最不希望见到的 |
[13:31] | is another surprise. | 就是另一个惊喜 |
[13:32] | – Can you just tell me? – Okay. | -你就告诉我吧 -好吧 |
[13:34] | We’re going to the county fair. | 我们要去县集市 |
[13:36] | You want to go to a county fair? | 你想去县集市吗 |
[13:38] | What? I can appreciate a good fair. | 怎么 好玩的集市我也喜欢 |
[13:40] | I’m shocked you would want to participate in such a wholesome | 你竟然会参加这种清新无害的大众活动 |
[13:42] | G-rated activity. | 着实让我吃了一惊 |
[13:43] | But who said it had to be g-rated? | 谁说一定是清新无害的 |
[13:46] | Crash, what are you doing? | 克拉什 别闹 |
[13:59] | Taylor, you want some? | 泰勒 要喝吗 |
[14:28] | – Okay, let’s go check out the ghost tent. – Yeah. | -我们去鬼屋逛逛 -好啊 |
[14:30] | – Want to smoke? – Mhm. Yes . | -想抽烟吗 -好 |
[14:33] | I’ll just stay here, while you guys talk. | 我在这儿等 你们聊吧 |
[14:39] | Tay, you’ve barely said a word to me all evening. | 小泰 你几乎一晚上没和我说话 |
[14:42] | Why start now? | 那现在干嘛说 |
[14:45] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:46] | Just so I’m clear, | 我只想确认一下 |
[14:50] | our parents are getting separated for something | 我们父母是因为十五年前的事 |
[14:51] | that happened, like, 15 years ago? | 才想离婚的吗 |
[14:56] | Yeah, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, either. | 是啊 我也无法理解 |
[14:59] | Nothing in this family ever does. | 这个家里没什么好理解 |
[15:15] | Hey, Abby. | 你好 艾比 |
[15:16] | – Oh, hey, guys. – Hey, Abby. | -你们好啊 -你好啊 艾比 |
[15:18] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[15:19] | Even I can appreciate a good county fair. | 好玩的集市我也喜欢啊 |
[15:22] | Yeah, that’s what I said. | 没错 我也这么说 |
[15:23] | Everyone feeling ready for tomorrow? | 明天的考试大家都准备好了吗 |
[15:24] | Ready-ish. | 准备好了…吧 |
[15:25] | Abby, what’s your professional opinion on guessing versus | 艾比 你能不能给点专业意见 |
[15:28] | skipping questions you don’t know the answers to? | 遇到不会的题是该跳过还是蒙 |
[15:29] | Cause’ I hear that it’s actually better to skip. | 我听说最好是跳过 |
[15:31] | I hear you’re better off guessing. | 我觉得你最好是蒙 |
[15:32] | If you’re gonna guess, the correct answer | 你要是蒙答案的话 正确答案 |
[15:33] | is almost never the letter “D.” | 几乎永远不可能是”D” |
[15:35] | What about the essays? ’cause I hear that | 那作文呢 我听说 |
[15:36] | short essays actually score higher than long essays. | 篇幅越短得分越高 |
[15:38] | Don’t get caught up in all that. | 别信这些 |
[15:40] | There’s no secret formula for beating the test. | 没有这些所谓的必过秘诀 |
[15:42] | Just… do your best. | 只要尽力就可以了 |
[15:44] | Well, as long as I get a high enough score | 好吧 只要我的分数 |
[15:46] | to get into a good art school, | 可以进一所不错的艺术学校 |
[15:48] | I’ll be happy. | 我就别无他求了 |
[15:48] | Well, I need to kick ass if I’m gonna have a shot | 我要想拿到体育奖学金 |
[15:50] | at an athletic scholarship. | 成绩得出类拔萃才行 |
[15:53] | Okay, you know what? | 好了 你们猜怎么着 |
[15:54] | We’re uh– we’re gonna get some food. | 我们…去拿点吃的吧 |
[15:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:00] | Just needed to get away from that conversation. | 只是想躲开他们的话题 |
[16:03] | And that woman. | 还有那个女人 |
[16:03] | Who was she? | 她是谁 |
[16:04] | That was Abby. | 她就是艾比 |
[16:05] | The new guidance counselor I was telling you about. | 我跟你提过的那个新来的辅导员 |
[16:09] | She doesn’t seem so bad. | 她看着人挺好的啊 |
[16:11] | She’s got everybody brainwashed about the sats tomorrow. | 她用明天的高考给我们洗脑 |
[16:14] | Oh, did you decide whether or not you’re taking them? | 那你决定参加了吗 |
[16:17] | – No, mom, I didn’t. – Just asking. | -没 老妈 还没 -我问问罢了 |
[16:19] | Okay, well, I’m just trying to enjoy tonight | 行了 我只想好好享受今晚的时光 |
[16:21] | and not worry about tomorrow. | 不想为明天的考试烦心 |
[16:23] | Gee, if only you were able to | 天啊 要是能和 |
[16:24] | talk to someone who could look into the future | 可以预测未来的人谈谈 |
[16:27] | and tell you what was gonna happen. | 让她占一卦就好了 |
[16:29] | We are not doing that. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[16:30] | Oh, we are so doing that. | 当然是认真的啦 |
[16:32] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[16:33] | Let’s do it. | 去占一卦 |
[16:50] | Grant? | 格兰特 |
[16:53] | I thought that was you. | 我就觉得是你 |
[16:55] | Reagan. | 里根 |
[17:00] | Funny running in… to you here. | 很高兴…在这里见到你 |
[17:02] | I know, right? | 可不是嘛 |
[17:05] | I can’t believe we’re finally meeting in person. | 真不敢相信我们终于见面了 |
[17:07] | Talking face to face. | 这样面对面讲话 |
[17:08] | Instead of on skype. | 而不是用网络电话 |
[17:09] | It was bound to happen eventually. | 迟早会见面的嘛 |
[17:11] | So… | 那… |
[17:14] | what’s up, girlfriend? | 怎么样 妞儿 |
[17:16] | Since we skyped this afternoon? | 在下午聊过天以后吗 |
[17:18] | Not much. | 不怎么样 |
[17:21] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[17:24] | Hey. How about instead of talking, | 不如别在这对面聊天 |
[17:25] | we just go to separate corners and, uh… Facetime each other? | 我们分头找个角落相互视频通话吧 |
[17:29] | Yeah, it’ll be like old times. | 好啊 就像以前一样 |
[17:33] | – So, having fun? – Yeah, you? | -今晚开心吗 -嗯 你呢 |
[17:37] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[17:39] | Very, very interesting. | 相当有意思 |
[17:41] | Seriously? | 真要这样吗 |
[17:42] | Just go with it. | 听她继续就好了 |
[17:44] | You have a sister? | 你有个姐妹吗 |
[17:47] | – Yeah. – And two brothers, right? | -对 -还有两个兄弟是吗 |
[17:49] | Nope. Just one. | 不 就一个 |
[17:51] | Close, though. | 不过很接近了 |
[17:53] | So everything that I’m seeing here for you is really good. | 从卦象来看 你一切都很棒 |
[17:57] | This is the king of wands card. | 这张是国王牌 |
[17:59] | It says you’re career-driven and goal-oriented. | 说明你奋发图强 目标明确 |
[18:02] | The page of pentacles says you’re a good student | 五角星牌显示你是个 |
[18:04] | with a commitment to learning. | 上进的好学生 |
[18:06] | The queen of wands says you’ll achieve happiness and success | 皇后牌显示你在各个方面 |
[18:09] | in all aspects of your career. | 都会收获快乐和成功 |
[18:11] | God. | 天啊 |
[18:13] | Okay, I can’t read your energy | 只有你敞开心扉 |
[18:14] | unless you’re fully open to this experience. | 我才能感知你的能量 |
[18:16] | I’m sorry, but, are you kidding? | 不好意思 但你是在逗我吗 |
[18:19] | – Carter… – What? | -卡特 -怎么 |
[18:19] | Come on, she probably gives the same reading | 拜托 她可能跟每个来这里的人 |
[18:21] | to everyone who comes in here. | 说的都是同一番话 |
[18:22] | – No, I– – Here’s a question. | -不 我… -那我问你 |
[18:24] | How come everything you hear from a tarot reader | 为什么你从塔罗牌读到的 |
[18:26] | is a good thing? | 都是好消息 |
[18:27] | Is all the energy off of every single person | 难道每个来这的人身上 |
[18:29] | who comes in here positive | 散发的都是正能量 |
[18:30] | or do you ever, like, have to give the bad news? | 还是你从没告诉别人坏消息 |
[18:33] | You know, like this card says | 就比如这张卡片说 |
[18:35] | you’re not gonna graduate college | 你大学毕不了业 |
[18:36] | and this card says you’re destined to end up | 这张卡片说你注定 |
[18:39] | working a crappy minimum wage job for the rest of your life | 这辈子碌碌无为 一事无成 |
[18:41] | and this card says you’re gonna get 740 on your SATs tomorrow, | 这张卡片说你明天高考考不到740分 |
[18:45] | so why even bother taking them? | 所以何必还去参加呢 |
[18:49] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[18:51] | You didn’t even let her finish. | 你都没听她把话说完 |
[18:52] | Yeah, I’d heard enough. | 我听得够多了 |
[18:55] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[18:56] | Why are you taking this so seriously? | 你干嘛这么当真 |
[18:58] | – It’s supposed to be fun. – Yeah, really fun | -图个开心嘛 -是啊 真开心 |
[18:59] | that everyone in my life except me has a plan, | 除了我以外所有人都做好了人生规划 |
[19:02] | including you. | 连你都是 |
[19:03] | I wish I could go five minutes without being reminded of it. | 我就想耳根子清净几分钟 |
[19:15] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:17] | Statistically, between the two of us, | 理论上讲 咱们两个中 |
[19:19] | one of these should have landed already. | 应该有一个已经投中了 |
[19:21] | This game is rigged. | 这游戏有问题 |
[19:24] | You sure you’re okay? | 你真的还好吗 |
[19:25] | Yeah. I told you, I’m fine. | 当然 我说了 我很好 |
[19:28] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么这么问 -不知道 |
[19:28] | It just seems like something’s on your mind. | 就觉得你好像有心事 |
[19:30] | Just… | 就是 |
[19:32] | stupid family stuff. | 家里那点破事 |
[19:34] | You know how it is. | 你懂的 |
[19:36] | Actually, I don’t. | 我还真不懂 |
[19:37] | I grew up in a totally normal home, | 我的家庭超级正常 |
[19:39] | with two dads who love each other. | 我有两个彼此相爱的爸爸 |
[19:42] | No kidnappings, no lies, no drama. | 没有绑架 没有谎言 没有冲突 |
[19:45] | My family has no stuff, | 我家没那么多波澜 |
[19:47] | but I’d love to be the guy you can talk to about yours. | 但我很开心能做你倾诉的对象 |
[19:49] | I don’t want to talk. | 我不想倾诉 |
[19:51] | I want to win. | 只想赢 |
[20:03] | Absolutely no way. | 这绝对不可能 |
[20:05] | No way, dude, are you kidding? | 哥们这不可能 你开玩笑的吧 |
[20:07] | No, I’m not kidding. | 我没在开玩笑 |
[20:09] | You actually think you can get Abby to go for you. | 你真的觉得你能追到艾比吗 |
[20:12] | Yeah, I do. | 真的 |
[20:13] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[20:15] | There’s a real connection there. | 我俩真有火花 |
[20:16] | Okay, even I won’t go down the teacher route. | 我可不想像个老古板一样说教 |
[20:18] | It only leads to trouble. | 但这只会惹来麻烦 |
[20:19] | All I ever do is study and go to practice. | 我一直都只是学习 训练 |
[20:22] | Maybe I could use a little trouble. | 惹点麻烦有何不可 |
[20:23] | You’re the best, Bird. | 波德 你太棒了 |
[20:24] | You rock, Bird. | 波德 你真牛 |
[20:25] | Thanks, Bird. | 谢了 波德 |
[20:26] | No need. It’s my pleasure. | 不用谢 我也很开心 |
[20:29] | Do I even want to ask? | 我该不该过问 |
[20:31] | Relax, okay? I just | 放轻松 我不过就是 |
[20:33] | bought out the bumper cars for the next hour. | 包了一小时的碰碰车 |
[20:35] | Bird, where did you get the money for that? | 波德 你从哪里弄到的钱 |
[20:36] | I squeezed a little extra out of my grandparents. | 我从外公外婆那里要了点 |
[20:38] | Okay, okay, but what about our bills? | 好好好 那我们的账单怎么办 |
[20:40] | We need that money to eat and live. | 我们还要钱吃饭生活啊 |
[20:41] | – We’re gonna be on the street. – Oh, my god, | -都快流落街头了 -天啊 |
[20:43] | it only cost a few hundred bucks. | 不过才几百块钱而已 |
[20:45] | Why do you have to be so dramatic? | 你干嘛这么紧张 |
[20:46] | Why do you have to think that you won’t have any friends | 你为什么觉得不花钱拉拢 |
[20:48] | unless you buy them? | 自己就真的没朋友呢 |
[20:59] | Whoa, check this one out. | 快来看这个 |
[21:02] | Nice. | 不错哟 |
[21:05] | Tell me. | 你说 |
[21:07] | If I put on some weight… | 我要是长胖点… |
[21:12] | Reagan, where’d you go? | 里根 你去哪儿了 |
[21:18] | Reagan? | 里根 |
[21:25] | I was like, might want to adjust that. | 我就说 或许要调整一下 |
[21:26] | That’s really embarrassing. | 是蛮尴尬的 |
[21:27] | Appreciate it. | 谢了 |
[21:28] | – Hey, Abby. – Hey, Carter. | -艾比 -卡特 |
[21:29] | Look, could you just do me a favor | 能不能麻烦你 |
[21:31] | and stay away from the guy I’m seeing? | 离我男朋友远一点 |
[21:33] | When you talk trash to my parents about me | 你跟我爸妈说我的坏话 |
[21:34] | is humiliating enough. | 就已经够侮辱人了 |
[21:37] | No, she wasn’t doing that, Carter. | 她没在说你坏话 卡特 |
[21:38] | I started up a conversation with her. | 是我先跟她说话的 |
[21:42] | – Why? – He was just telling me how great he thinks you are. | -为什么 -他跟我说他觉得你很棒 |
[21:44] | And even though you may not have it all figured out, | 尽管还没理清头绪 |
[21:47] | you’re the smartest person he knows | 你也是他认识的最聪明的人 |
[21:49] | and I shouldn’t worry about you. | 我不需要担心你 |
[21:50] | – Did I miss anything? – No, that’s– | -我有没有漏说什么 -没有 |
[21:52] | That’s pretty much it. | 差不多就是这样 |
[21:54] | All right. It’s shane, I gotta take this. | 好了 谢恩来电话了 我去接一下 |
[21:59] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:00] | That’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[22:02] | Getting yelled at by students is pretty much a daily occurrence. | 我经常被学生骂 |
[22:04] | I’m used to it. | 都习惯了 |
[22:06] | So, I saw one of my test prep books | 我在办公室门口的垃圾桶里 |
[22:10] | in the garbage outside of my office. | 看到了一本备考指南 |
[22:13] | I’m not gonna be seeing you tomorrow, am I? | 你明天不会来了 对不对 |
[22:14] | I wouldn’t hold your breath. | 别抱希望了 |
[22:16] | You know, if Crash was able to let go of his past, | 如果克拉什能放下过去 |
[22:20] | and turn his life around, | 改变他的人生 |
[22:21] | especially with everything he’s been through, | 尤其在他经历了这么多坎坷之后 |
[22:23] | It seems like you could, too. | 你应该也可以的 |
[22:45] | – Where’d you go? – Where did I go? | -你去哪儿了 -我去哪吗 |
[22:47] | Where did you go? | 你去哪儿了 |
[22:49] | Sorry. I kept walking, | 对不起嘛 我继续往前走了 |
[22:50] | – I thought you were right behind me. – Well, I wasn’t. | -我以为你在后面跟着 -可我没有 |
[22:52] | Maybe you should pay closer attention next time. | 说不定下次你该多留心一下 |
[22:58] | Okay, well. | 好吧 |
[22:59] | I should probably be getting back to my family. | 我或许该去找我家人了 |
[23:02] | Good seeing you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[23:05] | Yeah. | 我也是 |
[23:20] | You having fun? | 玩得开心吗 |
[23:21] | Yeah, you? | 开心 你呢 |
[23:23] | Yeah, a blast. | 玩得很爽 |
[23:25] | Something’s bothering you, I can tell. | 你有烦心事 我看得出来 |
[23:27] | It’s funny, I can tell there’s something bothering you, too. | 好笑 我也看得出你有烦心事 |
[23:30] | Maybe we’re psychically connected. | 也许我们精神上是相通的 |
[23:33] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[23:33] | What number am I thinking of? | 我现在在想什么数字 |
[23:36] | 17. | 十七 |
[23:36] | 46. | 四十六 |
[23:38] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[23:39] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[23:41] | We tried. | 我们试过了 |
[23:41] | You want to talk about whatever it is? | 想聊聊你的烦心事吗 |
[23:43] | No, I’ll be fine. | 不 我会没事的 |
[23:48] | Tell me what’s going on with you. | 和我说说你的烦心事吧 |
[23:51] | Well. | 怎么说呢 |
[23:53] | My dad had an affair with Lori. | 我爸和洛莉曾经外遇过 |
[23:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[23:58] | A few years before she took Carter. | 就在她拐走卡特的几年前 |
[24:00] | That’s why my parents are separating. | 就因为这样我爸妈才分居 |
[24:03] | So that’s what’s going on with me. | 这就是我的烦心事 |
[24:06] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[24:07] | Well, at first I was mad at everyone | 首先大家对我隐瞒此事 |
[24:09] | for keeping me in the dark about it, | 让我很生气 |
[24:13] | but truthfully, I’m glad that they did, | 可说真话 我很高兴他们分居了 |
[24:16] | Because now that I know, I wish that I didn’t. | 因为我现在知道 我情愿不知道 |
[24:19] | I think that in the back of my mind, I was holding on to | 我想在脑海深处 我还抱着 |
[24:22] | some stupid fantasy that my parents | 一些愚蠢的幻想 |
[24:24] | might actually end up back together. | 我爸妈最后也许还会复合 |
[24:28] | Now it just seems hopeless. | 现在看来毫无希望了 |
[24:31] | I have to disagree. | 这点我不同意 |
[24:33] | – Why? – I mean, they’ve already been through so much together. | -为什么 -他们俩一起经历了这么多磨难 |
[24:36] | I’m sure they can get through this, too. | 我相信他们也会熬过这个难关的 |
[24:38] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[24:39] | This is pretty bad. | 情况不太妙 |
[24:42] | Have a little faith. | 要有点信心 |
[24:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:47] | You’re still the only person I can talk to about any of this. | 你仍然是唯一一个我可以谈心的人 |
[24:50] | I’m glad to be of service. | 很高兴听你倾诉 |
[24:54] | Max, I need a favor. | 麦克斯 帮我个忙 |
[24:56] | Shane just called. | 谢恩刚打来电话 |
[24:57] | He’s got a job he wants me to do tonight, but I… | 他有个活希望我今晚去做 可我… |
[25:01] | I really don’t want to bail on Carter. | 我真的不想放卡特鸽子 |
[25:03] | Is there any chance you could do it? | 你能去吗 |
[25:05] | It’s easy money. | 轻松得很 |
[25:05] | It pays 200 bucks. | 两百块薪水 |
[25:07] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[25:08] | Yeah, dude, I can definitely use 200 bucks. | 哥们 我绝对需要两百块 |
[25:10] | Dude, you’re a lifesaver. | 哥们 你真是救命稻草 |
[25:11] | Come on, I’ll give you the details. | 来 我具体交代你一下 |
[25:13] | All right. | 好 |
[25:14] | – Bye, Taylor. – Bye. | -拜 泰勒 -拜 |
[25:28] | Hey, you won. | 你赢了 |
[25:29] | No, not exactly. | 不 不算赢 |
[25:31] | I traded it for some product. | 我用货换来的 |
[25:34] | It’ll cut into this week’s profits, | 这会削减这周的收益 |
[25:35] | but I really wanted you to have it. | 但我很想送你这只小熊 |
[25:44] | I should have got you the sabertooth, right? | 我应该帮你换剑齿虎的 对吗 |
[25:46] | – I know you wanted the sabertooth. – No, no, no, | -我知道你想要剑齿虎 -不不 |
[25:47] | no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[25:49] | It’s fine. | 很好 |
[25:51] | It’s fine. | 很好 |
[25:53] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[26:04] | So I have to ask. | 我得问你 |
[26:05] | I thought you might. | 我猜到了 |
[26:07] | The other day, | 那天 |
[26:08] | I tried to kiss you and you shot me down, | 我想亲你 你拒绝了我 |
[26:11] | but then tonight, | 结果今晚 |
[26:13] | you ask me over and here we are on your couch making out. | 你叫我过来 我们在你家沙发上亲热 |
[26:18] | What changed? | 什么改变了 |
[26:21] | David and I decided to see other people during our separation. | 我和大卫决定在分居期间和别人交往 |
[26:23] | And whose idea was that? | 是谁的主意 |
[26:24] | – Does it matter? – A little. | -重要吗 -有一点 |
[26:28] | Kyle, the truth is, | 凯尔 事实是 |
[26:29] | I don’t know why I’m doing anything right now. | 我不知道现在为什么要做任何事 |
[26:31] | – I’m just trying to make it through the day. – I get that. | -我只是过一天算一天 -这我懂 |
[26:34] | But… | 可是… |
[26:35] | I know I wanted to see you and I’m glad you’re here. | 我知道我想见你 也很高兴你来了 |
[26:48] | Carter’s here. | 卡特回来了 |
[26:51] | – I thought you had the place to yourself. – Yeah, so did I. | -家里不是只有你一个人吗 -我也以为是 |
[26:57] | Oh, okay! | 好了 |
[26:59] | So I’m guessing the kids don’t know about | 看来孩子们还不知道 |
[27:00] | your new arrangement with David yet. | 你和大卫做的新安排 |
[27:01] | No, and I want to keep it that way, so I’ll call you. | 是的 我想继续保持这样 回头打给你 |
[27:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:06] | Hey, how was your study session? | 自习课程进行如何 |
[27:09] | Fine. | 还行 |
[27:10] | Carter. Freeze. | 卡特 站住 |
[27:12] | What? | 什么事 |
[27:13] | – Have you been drinking? – A little, yeah. | -你喝酒了吗 -喝了点 |
[27:16] | How do you expect to remember anything tonight? | 这样你怎么记得住今晚的学习内容 |
[27:17] | I wasn’t studying. | 我没在学习 |
[27:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:21] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[27:22] | I was with Crash. | 我和克拉什在一起 |
[27:24] | Please tell me you’re joking. | 请告诉我你是在开玩笑 |
[27:27] | Nope, not joking. | 不 没有 |
[27:27] | Why would you let him back in your life? | 你为什么让他再次进入你的生活中 |
[27:29] | Oh, you mean the guy Abby thinks so highly of? | 你是说艾比高度赞许的那个人吗 |
[27:31] | Yeah, we ran into your buddy at the county fair, | 没错 我们在县集市上碰到你朋友 |
[27:33] | and guess what? | 猜猜怎么着 |
[27:33] | She loves Crash. | 她爱死克拉什了 |
[27:36] | Thinks he’s a really great guy. | 认为他是个非常棒的人 |
[27:38] | In fact, she told me she thinks I should be more like him. | 事实上 她和我说她认为我该学学他 |
[27:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[27:42] | Why are you determined to blow your entire future? | 为什么你坚持要毁掉自己的未来呢 |
[27:44] | What future? | 什么未来 |
[27:48] | Don’t you get it? | 你还不懂吗 |
[27:50] | College was never in the plan for me. | 从来没人想过我能上大学 |
[27:53] | Lori never even mentioned it. | 洛莉提都没提过 |
[27:58] | But now I’m supposed to take this test tomorrow, | 但现在我明天就要去考试了 |
[28:01] | this really important test, | 那么重要的考试 |
[28:04] | so that I can get some score, | 好得到什么分数 |
[28:07] | some number, | 几个数字 |
[28:09] | which will essentially determine | 直接决定我 |
[28:11] | what the rest of my entire life looks like, | 以后的人生会是什么样 |
[28:15] | and that’s– | 这些… |
[28:16] | you know, that’s great if you have absolutely any idea | 是很棒 如果你清楚知道 |
[28:20] | what the hell you want the rest of your life to look like, | 自己以后想变成什么样 |
[28:22] | but I just don’t, and I can’t take it. | 但我不知道 我不能去考试 |
[28:32] | I’m not exactly sure what I’m supposed to say right now to you | 我不知道自己现在该跟你说些什么 |
[28:35] | I never had this conversation with Grant or Taylor. | 格兰特和泰勒以前从没这么说过 |
[28:39] | I feel like if I push too hard, | 我感觉如果自己要求太严 |
[28:42] | you’re just gonna push back | 你会叛逆反抗 |
[28:43] | and I’m afraid if I don’t push hard enough, then… | 又怕自己要求不严 那… |
[28:47] | I’m Lori. | 我成了洛莉 |
[28:51] | You’re a lot of things, but you’re not Lori. | 你有很多角色 但你不是洛莉 |
[28:56] | I just wish that you wouldn’t | 我只希望你不要 |
[28:58] | put so much pressure on yourself. | 给自己太多压力 |
[29:00] | You don’t have to figure out your entire life at age 17, baby. | 你不用十七岁就规划好全部人生 亲爱的 |
[29:07] | Why don’t you just take the test tomorrow, | 不如你明天去参加考试 |
[29:10] | see what happens and you have nothing to lose. | 看看自己水平 没什么好怕的 |
[29:13] | Because I’ll bomb it. | 因为我会考砸的 |
[29:15] | Okay, so you know what? | 是 但你猜怎么着 |
[29:16] | Bomb it. | 那就砸吧 |
[29:17] | Bomb it big, okay? | 砸到惨不忍睹 好吗 |
[29:19] | And then you take it again. | 然后重考就好 |
[29:22] | I’ll help you and Taylor will help you. | 我会帮你 泰勒也会帮你 |
[29:24] | Your whole family is behind you. | 全家人都会支持你的 |
[29:30] | You don’t have to go through this alone. | 你不用独自经历这些 |
[29:40] | You probably just want me to go to college | 可能你想我上大学 |
[29:41] | so you can have me out of the house for four years. | 只是希望能把我从家里赶走四年 |
[29:44] | Well, that’s definitely a perk. | 这当然也是好处之一 |
[29:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:03] | 里根 视频通话 | |
[30:16] | 里根 视频连接失败 | |
[30:21] | I am telling you, that guy Dean | 真的 那个叫迪恩的小子 |
[30:22] | falls asleep in every one of your classes. | 在你每节课上都会睡着 |
[30:24] | Come on, every class? | 真的吗 每一节吗 |
[30:25] | 15 minutes in. Like clockwork. | 上课以后十五分钟 准得很 |
[30:27] | How have I not noticed this? | 我怎么会没发现 |
[30:28] | Well, he made sure to sit behind the largest person he can find | 他总是坐在块头最大的人身后 |
[30:30] | and then he pulls his cap down… | 然后拉低帽檐… |
[30:32] | Oh, and here I was thinking I was becoming a pretty good teacher. | 我还觉得自己是个特好的老师呢 |
[30:35] | You are a good teacher. | 你的确是好老师 |
[30:38] | You’re a great teacher. | 你是好老师 |
[30:41] | Well, you’re a great teaching assistant. | 你是个好助教 |
[30:56] | I shouldn’t have done that. | 我不该那样的 |
[30:59] | Why not? I’ve been wanting you to all night. | 为什么不 我都等你这样一晚上了 |
[31:02] | I’m still married to Elizabeth. | 我还没和伊丽莎白离婚 |
[31:05] | Well, technically, | 严格说来 |
[31:07] | you’re separated, | 你们分居了 |
[31:09] | and correct me if I’m wrong, | 如果我说错了纠正我 |
[31:10] | but I did hear Elizabeth say that she thinks | 但我清楚听到伊丽莎白说她觉得 |
[31:13] | you both should see other people. | 你们都该约约别人 |
[31:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:15] | Look, David, I like you. | 大卫 我喜欢你 |
[31:19] | You’re sweet, you’re smart, | 你人好 又聪明 |
[31:21] | but I don’t– I don’t want to– | 但我不想… |
[31:23] | I don’t want to break up your marriage either. | 不想破坏你的婚姻 |
[31:25] | I’m in no rush here. | 我不着急 |
[31:28] | So why don’t we just take things slow | 所以不如我们慢慢来 |
[31:30] | and we’ll see what happens. | 看会发生什么 |
[31:34] | – Deal? – Deal. | -好吗 -好的 |
[31:43] | I’m really sorry for what I said. | 我为自己说的那些感到抱歉 |
[31:44] | Don’t be. | 不用 |
[31:48] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[31:52] | I spend money on people because if I don’t, | 我替大家花钱 因为如果不这样 |
[31:56] | I’m afraid they’ll want nothing to do with me. | 我怕大家都不会理我 |
[31:59] | Why would you think that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[32:01] | Well, that’s the only reason people put up with my parents, | 这是人们唯一能容忍我爸妈的办法 |
[32:03] | so why would I be any different? | 我又怎么会和他俩不同呢 |
[32:08] | Because you’re talented and funny. | 因为你有才又有趣 |
[32:11] | The life of the party, Bird. | 是派对的灵魂 波德 |
[32:13] | Hell, you are the party. | 你就是派对 |
[32:16] | Even if you stopped being everybody’s ATM, | 就算你不是大家的取款机 |
[32:20] | they’re still gonna be crazy about you. | 大家还是会喜欢你的 |
[32:23] | You’re sweet. | 你真好 |
[32:28] | All right, I gotta get to work. | 好 我得去工作了 |
[32:29] | Thank you for taking this job last minute. | 谢谢你最后关头接下这活 |
[32:32] | It’s not like I really had a choice. | 我也没什么选择啊 |
[32:35] | Somebody spent all of our rent money on bumper cars. | 某人把房租钱全花在碰碰车上了 |
[32:48] | What are you doing here? I thought it was mom’s night. | 你怎么在家 我以为今晚是妈妈 |
[32:50] | I wanted to talk to you. | 我想跟你聊聊 |
[32:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:53] | Talk. | 说吧 |
[33:02] | I’m sorry for not telling you what happened between Lori and me. | 抱歉没告诉你我和洛莉之间的事 |
[33:08] | I should have. | 我该说的 |
[33:12] | So if there’s anything you want to know, | 所以如果你有任何想知道的事 |
[33:15] | ask me and I’ll tell you. | 问吧 我都会回答 |
[33:22] | Did you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[33:24] | No. | 不 |
[33:27] | How long did it last? | 你们在一起了多久 |
[33:29] | One night. | 就一晚 |
[33:31] | Then I realized my mistake and it never happened again. | 然后我意识到了错误 再没犯过 |
[33:37] | Why’d you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
[33:38] | Your mom and I were having issues at home. | 当时你妈妈和我在家有矛盾 |
[33:42] | Lori was my way to avoid dealing with them, | 洛莉是我逃避它们的办法 |
[33:47] | using a physical relationship to hide from your problems. | 用肉体关系麻醉自己 忘掉问题 |
[33:51] | I hope you never have to experience that. | 我希望你永远不要这样 |
[33:54] | It only makes them worse. | 那只会让事情更糟 |
[34:02] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[34:03] | No. | 没了 |
[34:05] | I’ll let you get back. | 那你忙吧 |
[35:01] | Make sure to lock this place up extra tight. | 记得把这地方好好锁上 |
[35:04] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[35:54] | You’re here early. | 你来早了 |
[35:55] | I left my computer. | 我忘带电脑了 |
[35:56] | I thought I’d grab a coffee. | 想着喝杯咖啡再上班 |
[36:03] | How was your friendly drink? | 你的友谊酒喝的如何 |
[36:09] | It was fine. | 还好 |
[36:11] | How was your night? | 你晚上怎么样 |
[36:15] | Uneventful. | 风平浪静 |
[36:18] | I did have a nice heart-to-heart with Carter. | 我的确和卡特好好交了下心 |
[36:21] | – Really? – Yeah, I think I finally got through to her. | -是吗 -是的 我想我终于说通了她 |
[36:23] | – That’s fantastic. – She’s beginning to understand | -那真好 -她开始理解 |
[36:26] | the importance of a good education. | 接受优良教育的重要性了 |
[36:41] | You gotta be kidding me. | 在开玩笑吗 |
[36:47] | Good morning, Bird. | 早上好 波德 |
[36:48] | Is it? | 哪里好了 |
[36:49] | I don’t remember the last time I was up this early on a Saturday. | 我都不记得上次周六这么早起是什么时候 |
[36:56] | Hey, Max, what’s up? | 麦克斯 什么事 |
[36:59] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[37:00] | Thanks for asking. | 谢谢关心 |
[37:02] | And thanks again for last night. | 再次谢谢昨晚的事 |
[37:05] | I honestly don’t know what I would do without you in my life. | 我真不知道人生里没你要怎么办了 |
[37:09] | You are never moving out, ever. | 你不许搬走 永远都不许 |
[37:17] | So I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[37:20] | the test doesn’t start for another 30 minutes. | 考试还有半小时才开始 |
[37:23] | Any interest in checking out some Russian literature? | 想去看看俄国文学吗 |
[37:26] | Yeah. I could– | 好 我可以… |
[37:28] | I could use a little brush up on my Tolstoy. | 可以复习一下托尔斯泰 |
[37:41] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[37:42] | You seem kind of far away. | 看着有点走神 |
[37:45] | No, I’m fine. | 不 没事 |
[37:47] | I’m right here. | 我就在这 |
[37:56] | A through G is over here to the right. | A到G都在右手边 |
[38:00] | – Hey, Abby. – Hi, Gabe. Good seeing you last night. | -艾比 -加布 真高兴昨晚见到你 |
[38:03] | It’s good seeing you any time of day. | 我只要见到你就高兴 |
[38:04] | You know, I couldn’t help but notice | 知道吗 我发现昨晚 |
[38:06] | you were flying solo at the fair. No boyfriend? | 就你一个人在集市 没男友吗 |
[38:08] | I am not discussing my personal life with you. | 我不跟你讨论我的私生活 |
[38:10] | I discuss my personal life with you. | 可我跟你讨论我的啊 |
[38:12] | – That’s different. – Why? | -那不一样 -为什么 |
[38:13] | I’m your guidance counselor. | 我是你的指导顾问 |
[38:18] | Well, even guidance counselors need guidance from time to time. | 有时候就算指导顾问也需要指导 |
[38:24] | Your table’s that way, Mr. Materos. | 你的桌子在那里 马特罗斯先生 |
[38:28] | Thank you, Ms. Baker. | 谢谢 贝克老师 |
[38:33] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[38:35] | I thought we were on the same side, Abby. | 我以为我们是一伙的 艾比 |
[38:37] | – Excuse me? – Carter told me that you met her ex-boyfriend Crash | -您说什么 -卡特说你见到她前男友克拉什 |
[38:40] | and you thought he was a great guy. | 还觉得他是个好人 |
[38:41] | – I do think he’s a great guy. – Well, you’re wrong. | -我的确这么觉得 -你错了 |
[38:43] | – You came all the way down here to tell me that? – Yes, I did. | -你大老远来就是为了问我这个吗 -没错 |
[38:45] | Because he’s a criminal and we need to work together | 因为他是个罪犯 我们需要齐心协力 |
[38:47] | to keep him out of Carter’s life. | 让他远离卡特的生活 |
[38:49] | He’s a terrible influence on her. | 他会带坏卡特的 |
[38:55] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[39:07] | – Here. – What’s this? | -给 -这是什么 |
[39:08] | I put together a little SAT care package. | 给你的高考爱心包裹 |
[39:11] | It’s number two pencils, | 有二号铅笔 |
[39:14] | pencil sharpener, extra erasers, | 刨笔刀 备用橡皮 |
[39:16] | a calculator, a banana and an energy drink. | 计算器 一根香蕉和一罐能量饮料 |
[39:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:22] | I’m gonna need all the help I can get. | 任何一点帮助都是好的 |
[39:28] | You nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[39:31] | I just think about Lori. | 我只是想到了洛莉 |
[39:35] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[39:37] | Not once did she ever ask to see a report card. | 她从没问我要过成绩单 |
[39:41] | Never asked about homework. | 从没催过我写作业 |
[39:43] | Didn’t really care if I cut class. | 不在乎我是不是翘课 |
[39:49] | I don’t know, | 不知道 |
[39:50] | maybe she wasn’t just being a cool mom after all. | 或许她根本不是想做个酷妈妈 |
[39:55] | Maybe she just didn’t care whether I did well or not in school. | 或许就是不在乎我成绩如何 |
[39:58] | Why wouldn’t she want that? | 她为什么不在乎 |
[39:59] | Because if I went off to college, she’d be all alone. | 因为如果我离家去上大学 她就孤单一人 |
[40:04] | That’d be pretty messed up if that were true. | 如果这是真的 也太糟了 |
[40:06] | Right. | 是啊 |
[40:07] | But who’s more messed up than Lori? | 但谁能比洛莉还糟呢 |
[40:13] | Anyway, thank you. | 总之 谢谢你 |
[40:36] | Where the hell have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[40:39] | With Carter, what’s up? | 送卡特啊 怎么了 |
[40:40] | How about you tell me? | 你好意思问我吗 |
[40:43] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[40:44] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[40:46] | Something is. | 就是有事 |
[40:47] | You set me up. | 你算计我 |
[40:49] | Set you up how? | 什么算计你 |
[40:50] | The car you had dropped off last night? | 昨晚你停过来的那辆车 |
[40:54] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[40:55] | Are you really gonna stand there and pretend | 你真打算站在那装傻 |
[40:56] | you didn’t know that it was filled with coke? | 假装不知道车里全是白粉吗 |