时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | It’s about Lori. | 是洛莉的事 |
[00:10] | She tried to kill herself. | 她想要自杀 |
[00:12] | Have you talked to her? | 你跟她聊过了吗 |
[00:13] | No, and I’m not going to. | 没有 我也不打算 |
[00:14] | She could have died | 她可能死掉 |
[00:15] | and you’re acting like you wouldn’t have even cared. | 而你表现得像是根本不在乎 |
[00:17] | I think I’d like to see her. | 我觉得我想见见她 |
[00:18] | You shouldn’t have come. | 你不该来的 |
[00:19] | No, I’m not gonna leave. | 不 我不走 |
[00:21] | I need to be alone, go away. | 我要一个人静静 你走 |
[00:22] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[00:23] | Tell me you love me more. | 告诉我你更爱我 |
[00:25] | She said she loved me. | 她刚刚说她爱我 |
[00:26] | She said I was her mom. | 她说我是她妈妈 |
[00:29] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会没事的 |
[00:32] | What is Carter’s necklace doing in here? | 卡特的项链怎么会在这 |
[00:34] | Max and I slept together. | 麦克斯和我上床了 |
[00:35] | Don’t give up on me, okay? | 别放弃我 好吗 |
[00:37] | I’m learning how to forgive. | 我在学着怎么去原谅 |
[00:39] | This feels good. | 感觉不错 |
[00:40] | I missed you. | 我好想你 |
[00:43] | You’re not leaving him. | 你没打算离开他 |
[00:44] | I can see that I’m hurting you. | 我知道我在伤害你 |
[00:45] | I had no idea that this was gonna | 我完全不知道事情 |
[00:47] | turn out the way it did. | 会变成这样 |
[00:48] | Come on, Liz. | 拜托 丽兹 |
[00:49] | You might be sorry for hurting me, | 你也许很抱歉伤害了我 |
[00:51] | but you’re not sorry that this is the way it’s ending up. | 但是这种结局 你一点也不抱歉 |
[00:55] | Sorry, Detective. | 抱歉了 警探 |
[00:56] | No! | 不 |
[00:58] | Kyle! | 凯尔 |
[00:59] | Stay with me! | 坚持住 |
[01:00] | Don’t leave me, okay, partner! | 别离开我 好吗 搭档 |
[01:01] | I need some help! | 我需要帮助 |
[01:03] | I need some help! | 我需要帮助 |
[01:06] | You should get to the hospital. | 你最好去医院 |
[01:08] | Gabe’s gonna need you. | 加布会需要你的 |
[01:09] | – Why? – Kyle’s dead. | -为什么 -凯尔死了 |
[01:23] | Sure you don’t want any? | 确定你不要吗 |
[01:24] | Eggplant parm’s pretty good. | 茄子干酪挺好吃的 |
[01:26] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 是的 |
[01:27] | Funeral was about a week ago. | 葬礼大概在一周前举行 |
[01:28] | I figured I’d bring the food over | 我想着把食物带过去 |
[01:29] | and maybe my relatives would take a hint and leave. | 也许我的亲戚会领会暗示离开 |
[01:33] | Why do people always bring casseroles when somebody dies? | 有人去世时为什么人们总是带砂锅菜 |
[01:37] | Why not soups or salads or cakes or something? | 为什么不是汤 沙拉或者蛋糕什么的 |
[01:39] | ‘Cause you can just pop ’em in the microwave. | 因为你可以丢进微波炉里 |
[01:40] | Yeah, you can freeze them and save them for later. | 是啊 你可以冻起来 以后再吃 |
[01:42] | And they’re easy to carry. | 而且很方便携带 |
[01:44] | This conversation could be perceived as morbid. | 这对话很变态 |
[01:46] | – Sorry. – No, it’s cool, you’re just stating the facts. | -抱歉 -没事 你只是在陈述事实 |
[01:49] | Death and casseroles do seem to go together. | 死亡和砂锅菜的确很配 |
[01:52] | You know you can stay with us if you need to, right? | 你需要的话可以跟我们住 你知道吧 |
[01:55] | Yeah, thank you. I appreciate that. | 知道 谢谢你 |
[01:57] | But once my relatives leave, | 但是等我亲戚走了之后 |
[01:58] | which I’m hoping is today, | 我希望是在今天 |
[02:00] | I’m kind of looking forward to getting my house back. | 我有点想一个人在家 |
[02:01] | Wow, you have a lot of cousins. | 你有很多表亲啊 |
[02:03] | Most of them I have never even met before. | 大部分我从来都没见过 |
[02:05] | Yeah, it’s weird what brings people out of the woodwork. | 是啊 这时候他们才会来 |
[02:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:10] | Gabe, what do you want to do right now? | 加布 你现在想做什么 |
[02:13] | We’ll do anything you want. | 我们都陪着你 |
[02:15] | I’m good just hanging out. | 跟你们玩就好 |
[02:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:19] | Well, then we will just do that. | 那我们就去玩 |
[02:37] | Are you guys cool? | 你们没事吧 |
[02:38] | Yeah, we’re good. | 没事 |
[03:30] | Hey, can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[03:33] | Look, I know you’re still mad at me, | 我知道你还生我的气 |
[03:34] | and I don’t blame you, | 我不怪你 |
[03:35] | but I want to make it up to you. | 但我想补偿你 |
[03:37] | How, Madison? | 怎么补偿 麦迪逊 |
[03:39] | You have been lying to my face | 自从来这之后 |
[03:40] | since the moment you got here… | 你一直在对我撒谎 |
[03:41] | when you had every opportunity to tell me the truth. | 而你一直有机会告诉我真相 |
[03:44] | Carter, it’s for you. | 卡特 是找你的 |
[03:53] | Who is it? | 是谁啊 |
[03:53] | I don’t know, some guy. | 不认识 一个男人 |
[03:57] | Are you Carter Stevens? | 你是卡特·史蒂文斯吗 |
[03:58] | Uh, yeah? | 是的 |
[04:01] | You’ve been served. | 这是你的传票 |
[04:09] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[04:10] | Lori’s going on trial. | 洛莉要庭审了 |
[04:40] | How is she suddenly considered competent to stand trial? | 怎么突然就认为她能进行庭审了 |
[04:43] | It says she petitioned for a reevaluation | 上面写着她请求重新审判 |
[04:46] | and the doctor signed off on it. | 医生签字了 |
[04:48] | You saw how unstable she was. | 你也看到了她有多不稳定 |
[04:49] | Your mother’s on the phone with the D.A.’s office now. | 你妈妈在和地检办公室打电话 |
[04:52] | I don’t know, maybe it’ll turn out to be a good thing. | 我不知道 也许这会是一件好事 |
[04:54] | What did you find out? | 你发现了什么 |
[04:55] | This is a complicated situation | 情况很复杂 |
[04:56] | because not only is she trying to get out, | 她不仅想出狱 |
[04:59] | but she’s trying to get custody of you. | 而且想要你的监护权 |
[05:04] | How are they even considering letting her out? | 他们为什么考虑放她出来啊 |
[05:06] | In the state of Virginia, | 在弗吉尼亚州 |
[05:07] | when a child is detained by a legal parent, | 孩子被合法的父母扣留 |
[05:09] | it’s considered a misdemeanor, not a felony. | 这算轻罪 不是重罪 |
[05:11] | But she was never my legal parent. | 但她根本不是我的法定母亲啊 |
[05:13] | Well, her defense attorney is going to try to prove | 她的辩护律师想证明 |
[05:15] | that she was your legal parent when she abducted you. | 她绑架你时 是你的法定母亲 |
[05:17] | – You guys are my legal parents. – Yes, exactly. | -你们才是我的法定父母 -没错 |
[05:19] | She doesn’t have a leg to stand on. | 她根本站不住脚 |
[05:20] | David, it’s the egg donation. | 大卫 是卵子捐献问题 |
[05:22] | It’s not black and white anymore. | 这个问题不再非黑即白了 |
[05:24] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[05:25] | The law is on our side. | 法律是站在我们这边的 |
[05:27] | A jury would have to agree with us. | 陪审团肯定会支持我们 |
[05:29] | What happens if they don’t? | 如果不支持呢 |
[05:30] | Her penalty could be reduced. | 她的量刑会减轻 |
[05:33] | To what? | 减到什么程度 |
[05:34] | Less than a year. | 不到一年 |
[05:37] | Time served. | 加上已服刑期 |
[05:39] | She could be released immediately. | 她可能被立即释放 |
[05:44] | It is so supremely creepy | 太恐怖了 |
[05:45] | that Lori’s making Carter testify at her trial. | 洛莉竟然让卡特去出庭作证 |
[05:49] | I just feel like such an idiot for letting her use me. | 我任由她利用 真是个笨蛋 |
[05:51] | You’re not the first one she’s used. | 你不是她第一个利用的人 |
[05:53] | You probably won’t be the last. | 可能也不是最后一个 |
[05:55] | Whoa, did you guys leave that door open? | 你们走时没关门吗 |
[05:57] | No, did you? | 关了 你没关吗 |
[05:59] | I don’t think so. | 我也关了 |
[06:00] | There’s someone in there. | 里面有人 |
[06:06] | – Stay here. – Max, no. | -你们等着 -麦克斯 不要 |
[06:16] | Jesus! | 天呐 |
[06:17] | It’s my parents. | 是我爸妈 |
[06:20] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂 |
[06:22] | When I saw her, | 我见到她时 |
[06:22] | she told me she never wanted to see me again. | 她说永远不想再见我了 |
[06:25] | Or so she said. | 说是那么说 |
[06:26] | Maybe she changed her mind. | 或许她改变主意了 |
[06:28] | But even if she somehow convinced a jury to let her go | 但即便她说服陪审团放她出来 |
[06:31] | and she got custody, | 拿到监护权 |
[06:33] | what does she have to gain? | 她是图什么呢 |
[06:34] | Carter doesn’t want to live with her. | 卡特根本不想跟她一起生活 |
[06:36] | A judge would have to consider that. | 法官总得考虑这个 |
[06:37] | Well, if a jury says she’s Carter’s mother, | 如果陪审团判定她是卡特的母亲 |
[06:40] | the judge would probably consider that. | 法官可能也会考虑这点的 |
[06:43] | I hate what she is doing to us. | 真恨她现在对我们做的事 |
[06:46] | God, I should have never gone and seen her. | 天 我就不该去看她 |
[06:47] | Carter, it’s not your fault. | 卡特 不是你的错 |
[06:49] | You tried to help. You did the right thing. | 你只是想帮她 你没做错 |
[06:51] | God, this is so weird. | 天啊 太诡异了 |
[06:54] | She got her ex-boyfriend | 她让她前男友来 |
[06:55] | to come ask me to help put her in there, | 找我帮忙把她关进去 |
[06:58] | then she sends me all these letters, | 然后又给我写那么多信 |
[07:00] | – lures me up there. – Lures you? | -把我引诱到那里 -引诱 |
[07:02] | Are you saying the suicide attempt wasn’t real? | 你是说她企图自杀是假的吗 |
[07:07] | Oh, sick. | 变态 |
[07:08] | I mean, maybe she’s been thinking about this all along. | 她可能一直以来都是在谋划这件事 |
[07:12] | Oh, my God, what if this was her plan from the beginning? | 天啊 万一她一开始就是这么计划的呢 |
[07:15] | – To get out of prison? – To get you back? | -自己出狱吗 -把你抢回去吗 |
[07:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:19] | God, why are we still having to deal with this stuff? | 怎么到现在还得跟她纠缠不清 |
[07:22] | It’s okay, Carter. | 没事 卡特 |
[07:23] | We’re gonna go to talk to the D.A. this afternoon. | 我们下午就去找地检官 |
[07:25] | We’re gonna find out what she’s up to. | 一定会弄清楚她想干什么的 |
[07:39] | You guys doing okay? | 你们还好吧 |
[07:41] | Yeah, we’re fine. | 挺好的 |
[07:43] | It’s pretty screwed up. The trial thing. | 出庭作证什么的 挺糟心 |
[07:45] | Yeah, but it’s good to be here, hanging out. | 是 但是在这里一起玩很棒啊 |
[07:49] | You realize, right, not actually hanging out? | 你知道你其实不是在玩吧 |
[07:52] | You’re obsessively cleaning? | 你有洁癖吗 |
[07:54] | It’s what I do. | 我喜欢 |
[07:55] | It’s her coping mechanism. | 她就是这样减压的 |
[07:57] | What about you? You got one? | 你呢 你怎么减压 |
[08:00] | Oh. No, I wish. | 我倒希望知道 |
[08:03] | That’s what these are for. | 打游戏就可以减压啊 |
[08:06] | Jump, over the guy! Jump! Jump! | 快跳 跳过去 快跳 |
[08:08] | – Oh, jump. – How do you jump! | -跳 -怎么跳啊 |
[08:09] | Push “A.” “A”, “A,” “A.” | 按A AAA |
[08:10] | He’s not jumping! | 还是不跳啊 |
[08:11] | Jump, jump, you gotta jump! | 跳 快跳 快跳啊 |
[08:12] | – “A”! – Jump! | -按A -跳啊 |
[08:17] | You’re really kinda bad at this. | 你玩游戏真是弱爆了 |
[08:18] | It wasn’t me, he wasn’t jumping. | 不怪我 谁让他不跳的 |
[08:20] | Okay, I’m up. Give it to me. | 我来吧 给我 |
[08:22] | Gabe, where are the Swiffers? | 加布 拖把在哪里 |
[08:25] | Uh… are they not underneath the sink? | 水池下面没有吗 |
[08:27] | No. I can’t find them. | 没有 我没找到 |
[08:31] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[08:33] | My dad… usually takes care of that stuff. | 一般都是…我爸爸放的 |
[08:36] | Oh, well, don’t worry about it. | 这样啊 没事了 |
[08:39] | I’ll find them. | 我去找找 |
[08:51] | Look. | 你看 |
[08:52] | None of us have any idea what you’re going through right now. | 我们没人能真正体会你现在的心情 |
[08:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:58] | I don’t know. | 怎么说呢 |
[08:59] | I’ve always known the risks. | 我知道他工作危险 |
[09:00] | It doesn’t make it easier, man. | 那也不会好受啊 |
[09:02] | No, but it’s something we talked about all the time. | 是 这种情况我们一直以来都有聊 |
[09:04] | And he prepped me for it. | 他都给我打好预防针了 |
[09:05] | He said if, you know, something were to ever happen, | 他说如果他真的出事 |
[09:08] | to be strong and move on with my life. | 我要坚强 生活还要继续 |
[09:11] | So that’s what I’m gonna do. | 所以我要继续生活 |
[09:12] | Okay, but if there’s anything we can do, | 好 但我们要能做什么 |
[09:14] | you just let us know, all right? | 你就告诉我们 行吗 |
[09:15] | All I need you to do is act normal. | 你只要表现得正常就好 |
[09:18] | We can do normal. | 我们很正常 |
[09:19] | See, I that might be kind of a stretch, | 我可能会有点紧张 |
[09:20] | but we can definitely try. | 但我们绝对可以试试 |
[09:22] | – Thanks. – Oh, I found them! | -谢了 -我找到了 |
[09:25] | Sweet. | 真棒 |
[09:28] | All right, who’s up? | 好 轮到谁了 |
[09:29] | Me. | 我 |
[09:30] | My next victim. | 我的下一位受害人 |
[09:33] | Neglectful, hypocritical, overbearing, self-absorbed. | 大意 虚伪 霸道 自私 |
[09:37] | – Bird, it’s cool. – I’m on a roll here. | -波德 没事的 -我还没说完 |
[09:39] | Unethical, corrupt. Overbearing. | 没有道德 堕落成性 霸道 |
[09:42] | You already said that one. | 这点你说过了 |
[09:43] | Yeah, well, I’m saying it again. | 我要再说一遍 |
[09:44] | You can’t really blame ’em for not wanting three people | 他们只是不想让客房里住三个人 |
[09:46] | staying in their guest house. | 你也不能怪他们 |
[09:47] | Yeah, well, you think they’d be grateful | 还以为他们会感激 |
[09:49] | that you guys kept me company while they were gone. | 你们在他们跑路的时候陪着我 |
[09:51] | I think you implying that we were some kind of threesome | 我觉得你把我们说成3P关系 |
[09:53] | might have thrown them. | 可能吓到他们了 |
[09:56] | Well, I just said it to annoy them. | 我只是想气气他们 |
[09:59] | – Apparently, it worked. – I’m sorry. | -显然很有效 -抱歉 |
[10:02] | I didn’t know they’d kick you guys out. | 没想到他们会赶你们走 |
[10:04] | No, it’s cool. | 没关系 |
[10:05] | I’ve actually been thinking about | 我其实已经考虑 |
[10:06] | getting my own place again. | 再去找个地方住了 |
[10:08] | I could use a fresh start. | 可以重新开始 |
[10:09] | Oh, fine, abandon me. | 好啊 抛弃我吧 |
[10:12] | I’m used to it. | 我习惯了 |
[10:14] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[10:16] | Where are you gonna go? | 你准备去哪 |
[10:19] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[10:21] | What is wrong with me? | 我到底怎么了 |
[10:23] | Why didn’t I just stand up for myself. | 我为什么就不能为自己说几句话呢 |
[10:25] | Instead, I let them walk all over me, as usual. | 结果还是和以前一样 听任他们摆布 |
[10:29] | They’re your parents. | 他们是你的父母 |
[10:31] | You know, it’s not that easy. | 没那么简单 |
[10:33] | Look at me, I– | 瞧瞧我 |
[10:34] | I ran away, instead of confronting mine. | 我根本不敢为自己说话 直接跑了 |
[10:37] | That’s why it pisses me off. | 所以我才这么生气 |
[10:38] | Max wants to find a place. | 麦克斯想找个地方 |
[10:41] | You have no place to go. | 你无处可去 |
[10:51] | What are we doing here? | 我们来这里干什么 |
[10:53] | Well, like I said, Bird’s parents are back, | 我说过了 波德的父母回来了 |
[10:57] | so I’ve got to move on. | 所以我得搬走 |
[10:59] | But why your old apartment. | 为什么非租原来的 |
[11:01] | There are a million places for rent. | 你有那么多地方能选 |
[11:03] | And we had some– | 我们曾经… |
[11:04] | some pretty good time in this place. | 在这有过非常美好的时光 |
[11:06] | Pretty happy here and I just thought that | 非常开心 我就是想… |
[11:09] | if it was here and I was here, | 如果选择住在这 |
[11:11] | you might wanna be here, too. | 你可能会也想过来 |
[11:12] | Max, I’m not even out of high school yet. | 麦克斯 我连高中都没毕业 |
[11:15] | I can’t move in with you. | 不能跟你住一起 |
[11:16] | No, I’m– I know that. | 不 我知道 |
[11:18] | I’m not asking you to live here, | 我没要你搬过来 |
[11:20] | I just want you to know that it is here | 我只是想说 只要你需要 |
[11:23] | if you ever need it. | 这地方就在这里 |
[11:25] | And me. | 还有我 |
[11:29] | That’s really nice. | 那真是太好了 |
[11:32] | So you think you’ll come by once in a while? | 你觉得你有时候会过来吗 |
[11:35] | Yeah, yeah. Once in a while. | 会 有时候吧 |
[11:49] | I’m not gonna lie, I– | 我不骗你 我… |
[11:51] | I think you need some stuff. | 我觉得你需要一些家具 |
[11:56] | We have a lot going for us at trial. | 庭审得准备很多东西 |
[11:58] | Carter’s gonna make a very good witness. | 卡特是个很好的证人 |
[12:00] | What kind of, um, questions, are they gonna ask me? | 他们会问我…怎样的问题 |
[12:03] | We’ll go through all that, very carefully, | 我们会非常详细地过一遍 |
[12:04] | – just the two of us. – Okay, good. | -就我们俩 -好的 |
[12:06] | Now, we just got their final witness list. | 我们刚拿到最终的证人名单 |
[12:09] | None of these names look familiar. | 这些名字我一个都不认识 |
[12:11] | One of them’s her doctor at the mental hospital. | 其中一个是她在精神病院的医生 |
[12:13] | And this one, Benjamin Wallace? | 那这个呢 本杰明·华莱士 |
[12:15] | They added him at the last minute, | 他们最后一刻把他加上去的 |
[12:16] | but if you see there, | 但你看看这个 |
[12:17] | they’ve been having trouble contacting him. | 他们一直很难联系上他 |
[12:19] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[12:20] | As I said, they haven’t located him | 我说过了 他们还没找到他 |
[12:22] | and we haven’t either. | 我们也是 |
[12:23] | It’s a short list. | 这个名单很短 |
[12:24] | Well, that’s a good thing, though, right? | 这应该算是一件好事吧 |
[12:25] | Well, there aren’t a lot of people speaking | 为被告性格做出辩解的人 |
[12:27] | to the defendant’s character, | 并不会太多 |
[12:29] | which is why they will be very quick to defame yours. | 所以他们很快就会转而攻击你们 |
[12:32] | They’ll be quick to bring up the affair. | 过不了多久就会提到出轨的事 |
[12:34] | They will do whatever they can | 他们会竭尽所能 |
[12:35] | to make her look good and your family look bad. | 美化她 破坏你们家的形象 |
[12:38] | David, you’ll notice your name is first on that witness list. | 大卫 证人名单第一个就是你 |
[12:41] | They can’t wait to get you up there. | 他们等不及想让你出庭 |
[12:44] | This is what she’s wanted all along. | 她一直都想这么干 |
[12:45] | What, hon’? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[12:48] | She wants to publicly humiliate you two, | 她想公开羞辱你们俩 |
[12:50] | you for rejecting her | 因为你曾拒绝她 |
[12:51] | and you for taking Taylor and me away from her. | 你把泰勒和我从她身边夺走 |
[12:53] | They will bring up graphic, intimate details | 他们会详细地描述你和她 |
[12:56] | of your sexual relationship with her. | 所产生的性关系 |
[12:58] | And just so you know, | 你得知道 |
[12:59] | they will portray you as an unhappy, infertile shrew. | 他们会将你描绘成一个愁苦不育的泼妇 |
[13:03] | Okay, but if they put her away, | 但如果他们判她坐牢 |
[13:05] | she’s gone for what, like 20 years or something? | 她会服刑多久 二十年吗 |
[13:08] | There’s no way to know what’ll happen at trial. | 无法得知审判中会发生什么事 |
[13:10] | Juries do some very strange things. | 陪审团经常做些很奇怪的事 |
[13:12] | – You know that, Detective. – Yeah, she’s right. | -你也知道的 警探 -她说得没错 |
[13:15] | Anyway, this may never even go to trial at all. | 总之 这案子可能永远也不会开审 |
[13:18] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:19] | I mean there is a plea deal on the table. | 我是说认罪协议已经给了 |
[13:21] | Are they considering it? | 他们在考虑吗 |
[13:22] | We hope so. | 希望如此吧 |
[13:24] | As I said, juries are very unpredictable | 正如我说 陪审团非常难以捉摸 |
[13:26] | and at least with a deal, | 至少有了这协议 |
[13:27] | we know she’ll be put away for ten years | 她会在牢里待个十年 |
[13:30] | and we would avoid a very public, very ugly ordeal. | 我们也能避免一场丑陋的公审 |
[13:38] | Take it. | 接受吧 |
[13:39] | Take the plea deal, Lori. | 接受认罪协议吧 洛莉 |
[13:42] | Why would I ever do that? | 为什么 |
[13:43] | Because you’d be guaranteed a ten-year sentence | 因为这样你只会被判十年 |
[13:46] | instead of leading up to a jury who could give you 40. | 而不是让陪审团有机会判你四十年 |
[13:48] | And believe me, if this does go to trial, | 相信我 如果这件案子开审 |
[13:51] | I’m going to do absolutely everything in my power | 我会竭尽全力 |
[13:54] | to make sure that is exactly what happens. | 确保案子像我说的那样发展 |
[13:56] | They’re not gonna do that. | 他们不会这么做的 |
[13:58] | And how do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[14:01] | Once I make them understand that I am your mother, | 一旦我让他们明白我是你妈妈 |
[14:03] | they’ll let me go. | 他们就会放我走 |
[14:04] | You are not my mother. | 你不是我妈妈 |
[14:05] | Elizabeth Wilson is my mother. | 伊丽莎白·威尔逊才是我妈妈 |
[14:07] | That’s for the jury to decide. | 这就要由陪审团裁决了 |
[14:10] | Carter, I know things | 卡特 我知道 |
[14:12] | can never go back to the way they were, | 一切永远不可能回到从前那样 |
[14:14] | but we could have a whole new start. | 但我们可以有一个全新的开始 |
[14:17] | Oh, my God. You really are insane. | 天呐 你真的是个疯子 |
[14:21] | No, this trial is gonna change everything. | 不 这场审讯会改变一切的 |
[14:25] | Lori, I am 17 years old. | 洛莉 我已经十七岁了 |
[14:29] | You are never going to get custody of me | 你永远也不会得到我的监护权 |
[14:30] | because I am never going to agree to it. | 因为我绝对不会同意 |
[14:33] | Sweetie, that’s just not for you to decide. | 宝贝 这不由你决定 |
[14:35] | After everything you’ve done to us, | 在你对我们做了这些事之后 |
[14:39] | you are just not going to get away with this. | 你休想轻易逃脱制裁 |
[14:43] | We’ll see. | 等着瞧 |
[14:53] | Hey, armadillo. | 犰狳 |
[14:54] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗呢 |
[14:56] | Oh, just looking over these notes from the D.A. for tomorrow. | 看看地检官给的明天需要用的记录 |
[14:59] | You nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[15:00] | A little. | 有一点 |
[15:02] | Listen, Grant. | 格兰特 |
[15:05] | You’re probably gonna hear some stuff tomorrow | 明天你在庭上可能会听到一些 |
[15:06] | about Mom and Dad in court. | 关于爸妈的事 |
[15:08] | – I’ve heard it all before. – Okay. | -以前我也听过 -那好 |
[15:11] | I just wanted to make sure you knew that in advance. | 我只想确定你提前知道 |
[15:14] | We’re gonna fine though, okay? | 但是我们会没事的 |
[15:16] | Yeah, yeah, of course. | 当然了 |
[15:19] | As the captain of the junior high mock trial, | 作为初中模拟法庭的队长 |
[15:22] | can I give you a tip? | 我能给你点建议吗 |
[15:24] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[15:25] | All right, well, first of all… | 好 首先 |
[15:29] | – Grant. – Stop reading those. | -格兰特 -别再看这些 |
[15:30] | Say what they want you to say, but in your own words. | 照他们要求的说 但用自己的语言表达 |
[15:34] | If you sound like you rehearsed, | 如果你听起来像准备过 |
[15:37] | the jury won’t listen. | 陪审团是不会信的 |
[15:39] | That’s really good advice. | 这个建议很不错 |
[15:41] | Hey, I’ll be there rooting for you. | 我会在那为你加油 |
[15:43] | We all will. | 我们都会的 |
[15:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:46] | No problem, elephant. | 不客气 大象 |
[15:51] | I have a confession. | 我要坦白 |
[15:52] | I didn’t actually learn that at mock trial. | 其实我不是在模拟法庭里学的这些 |
[15:55] | I learned it from “The Good Wife.” | 是从《傲骨贤妻》学来的 |
[15:57] | Sue me. | 告我啊 |
[16:06] | Hey, how you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[16:07] | I’m okay. | 还行 |
[16:10] | You sure? | 真的吗 |
[16:12] | Yeah, actually. | 是的 |
[16:13] | I was– I was just thinking about | 我只是在想 |
[16:15] | how amazing our kids are, how they’re handling this. | 孩子们对待这件事很了不起 |
[16:18] | Just want to get them through it. | 只想让他们安然渡过 |
[16:20] | It doesn’t matter what comes out, you know? | 无论结果如何 |
[16:23] | Or how it makes… us look. | 就算会令我们颜面扫地 |
[16:27] | It just doesn’t seem important anymore. | 这些已经不再重要了 |
[16:30] | You’re pretty amazing yourself, you know that? | 你也很了不起 |
[16:33] | Where do you think they get it? | 你觉得他们是从哪学到这点的 |
[16:35] | – I don’t know. – Well, I do. | -不知道 -我知道 |
[16:37] | They’re lucky to have you, Liz. | 有你他们很幸运 丽兹 |
[16:42] | How did it go at the station with Kyle’s things? | 凯尔的事怎么样了 |
[16:48] | Fine. | 还行 |
[16:50] | You can talk to me about him, you know. | 你可以和我聊聊他 |
[16:53] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[16:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:01] | I’m here if you need me. | 需要的话就来找我吧 |
[17:07] | Listen. | 听着 |
[17:12] | What do you think about having Gabe | 如果加布在家住一段时间 |
[17:13] | stay here for a little while? | 你觉得如何 |
[17:15] | The kids say that he doesn’t want to go to his relatives, | 孩子们说他不想去亲戚家 |
[17:18] | and I’m worried about him. | 而且我很担心他 |
[17:21] | He needs our support. | 他需要我们的支持 |
[17:23] | I think | 我觉得 |
[17:26] | that’s a really nice thought. | 那是个非常不错的想法 |
[17:28] | You’d be okay with it? | 你能接受吗 |
[17:30] | If that’s what you need, sure. | 当然 只要你觉得有必要 |
[17:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:44] | No way. Man. Diane Banks? | 不是吧 黛安·班克斯吗 |
[17:47] | Showed up at my door last night | 昨晚你们一走 |
[17:48] | right after you guys left. | 她就来我家了 |
[17:50] | Dude, she is smoking hot. | 老兄 她超辣的 |
[17:52] | Ridiculous. | 扯淡 |
[17:54] | What’d she want? | 她想干嘛 |
[17:55] | She just wanted to see if she could do anything | 她只是来看看能不能 |
[17:57] | to help me get through this tough time. | 帮我渡过这段难关 |
[17:58] | And did she? | 她做了吗 |
[17:59] | Did she what? | 做什么 |
[18:01] | You know, do anything | 做些能… |
[18:03] | to help you through this tough time? | 帮你渡过难关的事啊 |
[18:05] | Yeah. Twice. | 做了 两次 |
[18:10] | What? | 什么 |
[18:15] | Well, I know I’m not nearly | 虽然我不是 |
[18:19] | as exciting a houseguest as Diane Banks, | 黛安·班克斯那种令人激动的客人 |
[18:21] | but if you want, I could crash here tonight, | 但如果你愿意 我今晚可以留下来 |
[18:24] | if you want some company. | 陪着你 |
[18:25] | Thanks. I’m good. | 谢了 不用 |
[18:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:30] | You know, also I was talking to my mom | 我也跟我妈说了 |
[18:32] | and she said you could stay with us | 她说你可以搬来跟我们一起住 |
[18:34] | for however long, if you want. | 只要你愿意 多久都可以 |
[18:36] | Hey, I appreciate that, man. I really do. | 我真的很感谢你 老兄 真心的 |
[18:39] | But I’m doing okay here, you know? | 但我住在这很好 |
[18:42] | I miss my dad. | 我想我爸爸 |
[18:44] | I feel like he could come walking through the door any minute. | 感觉他随时会从那扇门进来 |
[18:52] | It’s like it really hasn’t hit me yet or something. | 好像这一切都还没有发生 |
[18:55] | But I’m okay, you know, I just gotta keep going. | 但我没事 我必须得向前看 |
[18:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:59] | – But you know, at some point– – At some point, what? | -但有时候… -有时候怎么了 |
[19:03] | You don’t know what’s gonna happen, okay? | 你不知道未来会怎样 好吗 |
[19:06] | I mean, unless you’re some kind of professional grief counselor | 除非你是专业的悲伤心理治疗师 |
[19:08] | – and I didn’t know. – No, I’m not. | -我却不知道 -我不是 |
[19:10] | Okay, then, let’s drop it. | 那就别说了 |
[19:16] | Look, it’s getting late. | 现在很晚了 |
[19:17] | I think Diane’s gonna come back over, soon, so. | 黛安应该快来了 所以… |
[19:20] | Okay, well, I’ll stop by tomorrow. | 好的 我明天再过来吧 |
[19:23] | It’s cool, you don’t have to. | 没关系 你不用麻烦了 |
[19:37] | I put your clothes in your room. | 我把衣服放你房间了 |
[19:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:41] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[19:45] | Yeah, I’m good, I’m just kind of nervous. | 还好 就是有点紧张 |
[19:52] | This helps with nervous. | 这个可以缓解紧张情绪 |
[19:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:57] | Madame. | 女士 请 |
[20:00] | Hey, girls. | 姑娘们 |
[20:02] | Ice cream. What’s the occasion? | 冰淇淋 什么情况 |
[20:05] | We are feeding our anxiety with sugar and fat. | 我们正在化焦虑为糖分和脂肪 |
[20:09] | I’m in. | 算我一个 |
[20:12] | Everything’s gonna be fine tomorrow. | 明天会没问题的 |
[20:15] | You know just what to say. | 你知道该说什么 |
[20:17] | Yeah, I guess. | 差不多吧 |
[20:18] | I just feel kind of strange | 我只是奇怪 |
[20:19] | that I’m the one that has to put her in jail after all of this. | 经历这一切后 竟然是我要把她送进监狱 |
[20:23] | If I could take this away from you, Carter, I would. | 卡特 我也不希望你经历这些 |
[20:27] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 是吗 |
[20:30] | Yeah, I do. | 我知道 |
[20:32] | That’s what makes you my mom. | 所以你才是我的妈妈 |
[20:47] | Come in. | 请进 |
[20:49] | Hey, you’re back. | 你回来了 |
[20:51] | – Am I interrupting? – No. | -打扰你了吗 -没有 |
[20:53] | Just a little band practice. | 只是些乐队练习 |
[20:56] | I brought you a housewarming gift. | 我给你买了个新居礼物 |
[20:59] | What is it? | 什么礼物 |
[21:01] | It’s a crock pot. What does it look like? | 一个砂锅 怎么样 |
[21:03] | Mmm, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:04] | I know you like to grow stuff. | 我知道你喜欢种东西 |
[21:09] | What’s up? | 有事吗 |
[21:12] | I was just at home | 我在家里 |
[21:14] | trying not to think about tomorrow. | 试着不去想明天的事 |
[21:18] | And then I went into my room | 可一回到房间 |
[21:19] | and started thinking about tomorrow. | 就开始想明天的事 |
[21:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:26] | You know, I’ve been putting on this show for everyone | 我在大家面前装得很好 |
[21:28] | like I’m ready to take whatever comes, | 好像可以面对一切结果 |
[21:32] | fight the good fight, | 为正义而战 |
[21:33] | but I don’t know. | 但我不知道 |
[21:38] | And then I was– I was thinking about | 然后我想到 |
[21:41] | what you said, | 你之前说的 |
[21:42] | about me coming here if I ever needed anything, | 如果我有需要 可以随时过来 |
[21:47] | so I got in my car and here I am. | 所以就开车过来了 |
[21:52] | I don’t want to go, Max. | 我不想去 麦克斯 |
[21:55] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[21:58] | Is it okay if I stay with you? | 我可以留下来和你一起吗 |
[22:00] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[22:03] | Yeah, of course you can. | 当然可以 |
[22:04] | In the morning, I’ll make you some waffles | 明天早上我用新砂锅 |
[22:07] | in my new crock pot. | 给你做华夫饼 |
[22:10] | And I’ll go with you. | 然后我跟你一起去 |
[22:13] | If you don’t want to stay, you know, | 如果你不想留下来 |
[22:15] | I can take you home, too. | 我也可以送你回家 |
[22:16] | You will? | 你会吗 |
[22:18] | Whatever you need. | 我听你的 |
[22:20] | Always, you know that. | 一直都是 你知道的 |
[22:41] | Hi, Gabe. | 你好 加布 |
[22:44] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[22:46] | Sure. | 可以 |
[22:56] | You alone? | 就你一个吗 |
[22:59] | Yeah, finally got rid of the relatives. | 是 亲戚终于走了 |
[23:02] | Well, are you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[23:04] | You want me to make you something? | 要不要我做点什么吃 |
[23:06] | No, I’m good. | 不用 |
[23:13] | I have some stuff for you from the station. | 我从局里给你拿了点东西来 |
[23:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:20] | I’ll just… | 我就… |
[23:28] | Can we talk a second? | 我们能聊聊吗 |
[23:30] | I’m kind of in the thick of it. | 我游戏打得正激烈呢 |
[23:32] | Oh, right. | 是哈 |
[23:33] | Maybe later. | 那等等吧 |
[23:38] | We really don’t need to do this. | 我们真的不用这样 |
[23:40] | Do what? | 什么样 |
[23:40] | I’m okay. | 我没事的 |
[23:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:46] | Because I’m worried about you, Gabe. | 因为我担心你 加布 |
[23:49] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只想让你知道 |
[23:50] | that you can come to me for anything. | 你有什么事都能来找我 |
[23:54] | If you need anything– | 如果你有任何需要 |
[23:55] | if you want to come and stay with us, | 如果你想来和我们一起住 |
[23:58] | something to eat. | 一起吃饭 |
[24:01] | If you want some advice or a hug, just– | 如果你需要什么建议或拥抱 只要… |
[24:04] | all you have to do is– | 你只要… |
[24:05] | What? | 什么 |
[24:08] | Ask? | 开口吗 |
[24:12] | Thanks a lot. | 真谢谢了 |
[24:13] | Now that he’s gone, | 现在他死了 |
[24:14] | you’re finally ready to be my mom? | 你终于准备好当我妈了吗 |
[24:18] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean– | 对不起 我不是… |
[24:19] | To be honest, when he was here, | 说实话 他还活着的时候 |
[24:22] | you weren’t too interested in our family. | 你对我们家可没什么兴趣 |
[24:33] | Gabe, I am so sorry. | 加布 真对不起 |
[24:35] | I don’t need your apologies. | 我不需要你的道歉 |
[24:39] | Or your advice. | 或者建议 |
[24:44] | But thanks for the memories. | 但谢谢你又让我想起来 |
[25:03] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[25:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:07] | Uh, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[25:10] | I’m going for maternal. | 我要母性一点 |
[25:12] | You are maternal, three times over. | 你很母性的 都生三个孩子了 |
[25:17] | Gabe doesn’t think so. | 加布可不觉得 |
[25:19] | Your motherhood is not on trial today. | 今天受审的不是你的母亲身份 |
[25:22] | Yeah, well, in my experience, | 是啊 以我的经验 |
[25:23] | the jury puts whatever they want to on trial. | 陪审团什么都会考虑的 |
[25:27] | You are the most devoted, loving parent I know. | 你是我认识最甘于奉献和最慈爱的家长了 |
[25:34] | Let’s hope that’s enough. | 希望这就够了 |
[26:24] | Gabe, you’re here. | 加布 你来了 |
[26:26] | Hi, Mrs. Ellis. Thanks for letting me stay. | 埃利斯太太 谢谢让我留宿 |
[26:40] | I’m here. | 有我在 |
[27:27] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[27:29] | Yeah, it’s just… | 是的 只是… |
[27:30] | I’ve never seen her before. | 我从来没见过她 |
[27:35] | All rise. Court is now in session. | 全体起立 庭审开始 |
[27:38] | The honorable Judge Nadine Pryor presiding. | 由尊敬的纳丁·普莱尔法官主审 |
[27:50] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[27:51] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[27:53] | I just thought you might like to come shopping with me. | 我就是觉得你可能想跟我去逛街 |
[27:55] | No, thanks. | 不去 谢谢 |
[27:57] | I’ll be home at 6:00. | 我六点回来 |
[27:59] | The Gibsons are expecting us for dinner. | 吉布森家跟我们一起吃晚餐 |
[28:01] | Please be ready. | 请准备好 |
[28:03] | And wear something appropriate. | 穿点得体的衣服 |
[28:06] | Looks like you’re almost ready. | 看来你也快好了 |
[28:07] | Do you need a ride, dear? | 需要我捎你一段吗 亲爱的 |
[28:09] | No, she doesn’t | 她不需要 |
[28:09] | and if she does, I’ll give her one. | 如果要 我会送她的 |
[28:13] | Please watch your tone. | 请注意你的语气 |
[28:14] | That car you’re driving was a gift. | 你开的车是给你的礼物 |
[28:16] | – It can easily be taken away. – Fine. | -我也能轻松拿走 -好啊 |
[28:18] | Take it. Okay? | 拿走就是了 |
[28:20] | I don’t care what you do to me. | 我不在乎你干什么 |
[28:21] | I’ve been fending for myself and living on my own | 我自己把自己养的 |
[28:23] | and doing just fine, | 好得很 |
[28:25] | with a lot of people around that care about me, okay? | 周围关心我的人多得是 好吗 |
[28:29] | I’m going. | 我走了 |
[28:31] | We will discuss boundary adjustments later, young lady. | 稍后我们来聊聊界限问题 小姐 |
[28:40] | You’re cute when you’re mad. | 你生气了真可爱 |
[28:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:43] | Come on, let’s put your stuff back. | 来吧 把你东西放回去 |
[28:45] | No, Bird. | 不 波德 |
[28:47] | I really do have to go. | 我真的得走了 |
[28:51] | I know this sounds insane, | 我知道听起来很疯狂 |
[28:52] | but seeing your parents kind of made me miss mine. | 但看到你爸妈让我有点想我爸妈了 |
[28:55] | You mean seeing my lousy parents | 你是说看到我不称职的爸妈以后 |
[28:58] | made you miss your lousy parents? | 你也想你不称职的爸妈了吗 |
[28:59] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[29:02] | And… | 而且… |
[29:05] | I just think I’ve done enough damage here. | 我觉得我在这捣得乱够多了 |
[29:09] | I think Carter and I are really done now. | 卡特是真的和我绝交了 |
[29:11] | Maybe she just needs some time. | 或许她只是需要点时间 |
[29:13] | No, I think it’s over. | 不 是真结束了 |
[29:17] | Maybe you’ll come visit me. | 或许你可以来看我 |
[29:19] | Sure, I’ll try. | 好 我尽量 |
[29:20] | Well, how about a kiss for the road? | 最后给我个临别吻吧 |
[29:34] | Carter, can you tell the jury what your relationship | 卡特 你能告诉陪审团你和被告人 |
[29:37] | is to the defendant, Lori Stevens? | 洛莉·史蒂文斯的关系吗 |
[29:41] | Yeah, she’s my kidnapper. | 她是我的绑架者 |
[29:43] | And how old were you when Miss Stevens kidnapped you? | 洛莉·史蒂文斯小姐绑架你时 你多大 |
[29:46] | The first time, I was three. | 第一次是三岁 |
[29:48] | But this recent time, | 但最近这次 |
[29:49] | the second time she took you, | 她第二次绑架你的时候 |
[29:51] | did Miss Stevens drug you before she abducted you? | 史蒂文斯小姐是在绑架前对你下了药吗 |
[29:54] | – Yes. – Did she force you into a car, | -是的 -她是否逼你进了一辆车 |
[29:56] | hold you in a motel against your will | 把你非法拘禁在一间旅馆 |
[29:58] | and then transport you to a second location | 然后将你转移到另一地点 |
[30:00] | in order for Miss Stevens to try and abduct your sister? | 好设法绑架你妹妹呢 |
[30:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:05] | Were you aware during this kidnapping | 你知道在绑架期间 |
[30:07] | that your assailant had a gun? | 袭击者身上有枪吗 |
[30:09] | Yeah, I was. | 是的 我知道 |
[30:10] | Did she threaten you with that gun? | 她用枪威胁你了吗 |
[30:12] | She used it to make sure I wouldn’t run. | 她用枪确保我不会逃跑 |
[30:13] | Objection, Your Honor, witness is speculating. | 反对 法官大人 证人这只是推测 |
[30:16] | Sustained. Jury will disregard the answer. | 反对有效 陪审团不用考虑此回答 |
[30:19] | Counselor, continue. | 请继续 |
[30:22] | Carter, who gave birth to you? | 卡特 是谁生的你 |
[30:23] | Elizabeth Wilson. | 伊丽莎白·威尔逊 |
[30:24] | And what is your relationship to Elizabeth Wilson? | 你和伊丽莎白·威尔逊的关系是什么 |
[30:27] | She’s my mother. | 她是我妈妈 |
[30:29] | And once more, just for the record, Carter. | 我再正式问一次 卡特 |
[30:31] | What is your relationship to Lori Stevens? | 你和洛莉·史蒂文斯的关系是什么 |
[30:34] | She is the woman who kidnapped me. | 她是绑架我的女人 |
[30:36] | And do you have any other relationship to the defendant? | 你和被告有任何其他关系吗 |
[30:40] | No. None. | 没有了 |
[30:42] | And finally, will you please state for the jury | 最后 能请你告诉陪审团 |
[30:45] | the name that you choose to go by? | 你决定使用的名字吗 |
[30:47] | I have decided to go by Wilson, Carter Wilson. | 我决定改姓威尔逊 卡特·威尔逊 |
[30:50] | It’s my legal name. | 那是我的合法姓名 |
[30:51] | That’s all, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 |
[31:11] | Looks like you need a time out. | 看来你需要喘口气啊 |
[31:15] | I get it, I’ve been there. | 我明白的 我也上过庭 |
[31:19] | I’m fine, thanks. | 我没事 谢谢 |
[31:21] | Courtrooms are pretty intense. | 法庭上气氛很紧张的 |
[31:22] | Know a lot about courtrooms, do you? | 你还挺了解法庭 是吗 |
[31:24] | Yeah, well, I’ve been in and out of them my whole life, so. | 是的 我出过太多次庭了 |
[31:26] | You look a little young to be a lawyer. | 你这年纪当律师年轻了吧 |
[31:29] | I do, right? | 没错 对不对 |
[31:30] | It’s a great strategy, actually. | 其实这是个很好的战略 |
[31:32] | Once the opposition sees | 对手一看到我 |
[31:33] | that I’m not even old enough to drink, | 连法定饮酒年龄都没到 |
[31:34] | then they’re thrown off their argument | 就直接放弃争论 |
[31:35] | and I win the case. | 我就赢下了案子 |
[31:38] | Is that how it goes? | 官司是这么打的吗 |
[31:40] | You just have to know how the system works. | 你只要知道系统怎么运转的 |
[31:42] | You know, not to brag or anything, | 我不是吹 |
[31:44] | but I’ve been doing this for 16 years, | 但我已经这样十六年了 |
[31:46] | so I am pretty much an expert at it. | 很确定自己能算个专家 |
[31:50] | – Not to brag or anything. – No. | -不是吹哈 -没错 |
[31:51] | No, I’m– I’m just telling the truth, | 我说的是真相 |
[31:53] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth. | 一切真相 只有真相 |
[31:57] | Right. | 是啊 |
[31:58] | So, this is the part where I ask you | 所以 该我问你 |
[32:01] | what you’re doing here. | 怎么在这里了 |
[32:02] | Carter Wilson, they’re ready for you. | 卡特·威尔逊 大家在等你了 |
[32:07] | Well, maybe next time. | 或许下次吧 |
[32:19] | Miss Wilson, | 威尔逊小姐 |
[32:20] | is it true that you and the defendant | 你是否和被告人在你出生的 |
[32:23] | lived together for 13 of your 17 years? | 十七年内共同生活了十三年 |
[32:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:26] | During that time, was your relationship | 在那期间 你和被告人 |
[32:28] | with the defendant a contentious one? | 产生过矛盾吗 |
[32:30] | No, but I was living in complete ignorance. | 没有 但我当时毫不知情 |
[32:32] | Was it, in fact, a loving relationship? | 你们的关系 可以说很相亲相爱吗 |
[32:35] | Depends on your definition of love. | 看你怎么定义”爱”了 |
[32:37] | Did you ever tell the defendant that you loved her? | 你告诉过被告人你爱她吗 |
[32:43] | – Yeah, I did. – Miss Wilson, was there, in fact, | -是的 -威尔逊小姐 你和被告人 |
[32:45] | a phrase that you and the defendant | 是否相互说过一句话 |
[32:49] | said to each other about how much you loved each other. | 来表达自己有多爱对方呢 |
[32:52] | Yeah, there was. | 有过 |
[32:53] | It’s a bit of a back and forth. | 是好几句话 |
[32:56] | – A private phrase, correct? – Yep. | -很私密的语句 对吗 -是的 |
[32:58] | So if you said to the defendant, | 所以如果你对被告人说 |
[33:00] | “I love you,” | “我爱你” |
[33:01] | what would she say back? | 她会如何回复 |
[33:05] | She would say, “I love you more.” | 她会说 “我更爱你” |
[33:07] | And how would you respond? | 那你又如何回复 |
[33:09] | “Not possible.” | “不可能” |
[33:10] | And then she would say… | 然后她会说… |
[33:15] | “Yes possible.” | “当然可能” |
[33:27] | Miss Wilson, | 威尔逊小姐 |
[33:29] | could you describe for the jury | 你能否向陪审团描述 |
[33:31] | what your 13 years with Lori were like. | 你和洛莉共度的十三年是什么样的 |
[33:35] | Normal, I guess. | 很正常吧 我猜 |
[33:36] | Could you be a bit more specific? | 你能再说具体一点吗 |
[33:38] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[33:39] | Yeah, she– she fed me, she clothed me, | 没错 她给我饭吃 给我衣服穿 |
[33:41] | she took me to school. | 送我上学 |
[33:42] | And this, “Love you, love you more” | 而你们说的”爱你 更爱你” |
[33:44] | word game you played, | 这种语言游戏 |
[33:45] | do you think she really loved you? | 你觉得她真的爱你吗 |
[33:47] | – That’s completely subjective. – No, not really. | -这完全是主观认识 -未必 |
[33:50] | As a child, did you feel loved? | 作为孩子 你感觉到被爱了吗 |
[33:54] | – Yes. – Was she kind to you? | -是的 -她对你好吗 |
[33:56] | Again, that is completely subjective. | 这也完全是主观认识 |
[33:58] | I’m just trying to classify what kind of mother she was. | 我只是想知道她是何种母亲 |
[34:00] | She wasn’t my mother. | 她不是我母亲 |
[34:01] | But you thought she was. | 但你认为过她是 |
[34:03] | Yes, okay? I thought she was. | 是 没错 我认为过 |
[34:05] | Because I was being tricked, | 因为我被蒙在鼓里 |
[34:07] | and if you really want to play this game, | 如果你真的想这么来 |
[34:10] | then, yeah, she loved me. | 那没错 她爱过我 |
[34:13] | I really think that she did. | 我真的觉得她爱过 |
[34:16] | She took me on adventures, she took me to the dentist. | 她带我去冒险 带我去看牙 |
[34:19] | She treated me as if I was the absolute center of her universe. | 把我当成她整个宇宙的绝对中心 |
[34:22] | She gave me confidence, read to me, was kind to me. | 她给我自信 念书给我听 对我很好 |
[34:27] | She did absolutely everything a mother is supposed to do. | 做了一个母亲该做的所有事情 |
[34:30] | I thought she was my mother and she acted like my mother. | 我以为她是我母亲 她表现得也像 |
[34:35] | But nothing you have me say right now | 但你现在让我说的所有话 |
[34:38] | is going to change the fact | 都不能改变 |
[34:39] | that that is the woman who kidnapped me | 她是那个在三岁时把我 |
[34:41] | from my real parents when I was three, | 从亲生父母那里绑架走 |
[34:44] | only to drug me | 又对我下药 |
[34:45] | and do the exact same thing 13 years later. | 十三年后再次重来的女人 |
[34:48] | She is a criminal and that’s all that matters here. | 她是罪犯 这才是重点 |
[34:51] | Miss Wilson, | 威尔逊小姐 |
[34:51] | did you recently find out that Lori Stevens is, | 你是否最近发现洛莉·史蒂文斯 |
[34:55] | in fact, your biological mother? | 其实是你的生母 |
[34:58] | She is the egg donor, that is very different. | 她是卵子捐赠者 这两个差别很大的 |
[35:00] | Would you say that someone that shares your biology, | 你同意一个与你有血缘关系 |
[35:03] | feeds you, clothes you, | 供你吃穿 |
[35:05] | provides a roof over your head, | 给你地方居住 |
[35:07] | and loves you more than anything else in the world | 爱你胜过世界上一切的人 |
[35:10] | could be called a parent? | 可以被称为父母呢 |
[35:12] | A lot of people provide support to children. | 很多人都这样照顾孩子 |
[35:14] | It doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all the parents. | 并不表示他们就都是父母 |
[35:15] | Answer the question, please. | 请回答我的问题 |
[35:16] | Would you consider a person who did all that | 你认为为有血缘关系的孩子 |
[35:18] | for their biological child a parent? | 做这些事的人 算是父母吗 |
[35:24] | Yes or no, please. | 是或不是 请回答 |
[35:26] | Yes, but that’s not the point here. | 是 但这不是重点 |
[35:28] | Actually, that is the point. | 实际上 这就是重点 |
[35:31] | Not whether she made mistakes. | 不是她是否犯错 |
[35:34] | But whether she was your parent. | 而是她是否是你父母 |
[35:36] | She wasn’t my parent. | 她不是我父母 |
[35:37] | Did you recently go visit her in the hospital | 她最近生病的时候 你是否 |
[35:39] | when she was ill? | 去医院探望过她 |
[35:40] | Yeah, she told me she wanted me to leave | 是的 她说想让我离开 |
[35:41] | and she never wanted to see me again. | 不想再见到我 |
[35:43] | But before that, you– you had a conversation. | 但那之前 你们有对话 |
[35:45] | Yeah, we had a conversation. | 是的 我们有对话 |
[35:47] | Tell me about that. | 跟我说说吧 |
[35:49] | What condition was she in when you got there? | 你去时她是什么样的精神状态 |
[35:51] | I don’t know, quiet. | 挺安静的吧 |
[35:52] | Would you say she was depressed? | 你会说她是抑郁吗 |
[35:54] | I don’t know, I’m not a doctor. | 不知道 我不是医生 |
[35:56] | Was it difficult seeing her in that condition? | 以她当时的状况 你们见面艰难吗 |
[36:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:02] | What did you say to her, specifically? | 你具体跟她说了什么 |
[36:05] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[36:06] | Did you say something to the effect of… | 你是否因此说出了 |
[36:12] | “That our life together wasn’t a mistake”? | “我们一起的人生不是个错误” |
[36:20] | – Yeah. – What else did you say? | -是的 -你还说了什么 |
[36:22] | Tell the jury what you said, Miss Wilson. | 告诉陪审团你说了什么 威尔逊小姐 |
[36:25] | If you don’t, I can read it out loud. | 如果你不说 我可以读出来 |
[36:27] | I told her that there was a point at which | 我告诉她曾经有段时间 |
[36:32] | she was my mother, | 她是我的妈妈 |
[36:34] | that she loved me and took care of me. | 她爱我 照顾我 |
[36:40] | That I loved her and I always would. | 我爱过她 也会一直爱她 |
[36:45] | Was this woman, in fact, your mother not? | 那么这个女人 是不是你母亲 |
[36:55] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[36:57] | Is there any part of you that still loves her? | 你心里还有仍然爱她的部分吗 |
[37:02] | Yes. | 有 |
[37:05] | No further questions. | 我问完了 |
[37:18] | The court will now take a short recess. | 暂时休庭 |
[37:26] | It’s fine. Everything is going to be okay. | 没事 一切都会过去的 |
[37:29] | I just ruined everything. | 我刚毁了一切 |
[37:31] | You told the truth. You did the right thing. | 你说了实话 做得对 |
[37:34] | Yeah, but now she might get out. | 是 但现在她可能无罪了 |
[37:35] | It doesn’t matter, Carter. | 无所谓 卡特 |
[37:38] | – We’re still a family. – Yeah. | -我们还是一家人 -没错 |
[37:54] | Defense, you may call your first witness. | 被告 你们可以传唤首位证人了 |
[37:56] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[37:58] | I call to the stand Benjamin Wallace. | 我请求传唤本杰明·华莱士 |
[38:17] | Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, | 你是否向上帝庄严发誓 |
[38:18] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 说出一切真相 全部真相 只有真相 |
[38:20] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[38:29] | Will you please state your name for the record? | 你可以说出自己姓名以供记录吗 |
[38:32] | Ben Wallace. Benjamin. | 本·华莱士 本杰明 |
[38:35] | Would you please tell the jury | 可以请你告诉陪审团 |
[38:36] | your connection to the defendant, Lori Stevens. | 你与被告人洛莉·史蒂文斯的关系吗 |
[38:40] | Lori Stevens is my biological mother. | 洛莉·史蒂文斯是我的生母 |
[38:44] | And who, for the record, is your biological father? | 以供记录 谁是你的生父 |
[38:48] | Uh, my biological father is David Wilson. | 我的生父是大卫·威尔逊 |