时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Finding Carter. | 《找寻自我》前情回顾 |
[00:09] | – What are you doing here? – Living here. | -你来这里干什么 -我们住在这里 |
[00:11] | Carter, I know guys like him. | 卡特 我了解他这种人 |
[00:13] | You have no idea what he’s into. | 你不知道他有什么麻烦 |
[00:14] | I don’t need you to take care of me. | 我不需要你照顾我 |
[00:16] | Let’s get this party started! | 开始狂欢吧 |
[00:20] | I’m not doing so great. | 我是应对的不怎么样 |
[00:21] | Back to dredge up the past again? | 你又来旧事重提吗 |
[00:23] | Give Ben whatever he needs. | 给本他需要的一切 |
[00:24] | Somebody mentioned there’s a server position open? | 听人说你这里在招服务员 |
[00:37] | Excuse me, sorry. | 抱歉 借过 |
[00:45] | Damn, she’s good with those trays. | 该死 她真会举托盘 |
[00:47] | She’s a pro. | 她是专业的 |
[00:48] | You keep your tray on your hip | 你把托盘放在臀部 |
[00:49] | until your training wheels come off. | 直到你熟练为止 |
[00:51] | A girl can dream. | 女孩子总可以幻想一下吧 |
[00:52] | Nothing dreamy about broken bottles | 碎酒瓶和清理酒 |
[00:55] | and cleaning up booze. | 没什么梦幻的 |
[00:56] | How long ’til I can try? | 我要多久才能尝试 |
[00:57] | Once you got the flow. | 等你会流动了 |
[00:58] | What’s the flow? | 那是什么 |
[00:59] | Never make a move without an action. | 必须时时做事 |
[01:01] | If you’re leaving a table, grab an empty glass. | 如果你离开了桌子 就拿一个空酒瓶 |
[01:03] | If you’re passing the bar… | 如果你经过吧台 |
[01:04] | Grab a pitcher of water. | 就拿一壶水吗 |
[01:07] | That’s the easy part. | 这是容易的部分 |
[01:08] | Now, the hard part is good customer flow. | 难的是良好的客户流动 |
[01:10] | And when a new table walks in, | 有新客人进门时 |
[01:11] | you gotta get to them in two minutes | 你必须在两分钟内接待他们 |
[01:12] | and make eye contact with the captain. | 并跟首领有眼神交流 |
[01:14] | – The captain? – The alpha. | -首领 -老大 |
[01:16] | The guy buying the drinks. | 请客买酒的人 |
[01:18] | What if it’s a girl who’s buying the drinks? | 如果买酒的是个姑娘呢 |
[01:21] | See, look, you’re learning already. | 你已经开始学了 |
[01:22] | I think they got here about a minute ago. | 他们好像是在一分钟前来的 |
[01:25] | Tick tock. | 时间很紧 |
[01:27] | Okay, so I have an old fashioned for you. | 您的古典鸡尾酒 |
[01:31] | Vodka soda, extra ice. Ipa. | 多冰的伏特加苏打 印度淡啤 |
[01:34] | Bourbon, neat. | 纯波旁威士忌 |
[01:36] | What can I get you guys? | 你们想喝点什么 |
[01:37] | Ice water. | 要冰水吗 |
[01:41] | I think I’m getting the hang of this. | 我觉得我慢慢掌握诀窍了 |
[02:28] | Where the hell have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[02:30] | Mom and Dad are flipping out. | 爸妈都疯了 |
[02:59] | I covered for you. | 我帮你掩护了 |
[03:00] | Are you gonna tell me where you were? | 想告诉我你去哪了吗 |
[03:02] | I told you, I went to go see a movie. | 我跟你说了 我去看电影的 |
[03:05] | Come on, Carter, I know you didn’t. | 拜托 卡特 我知道你没有 |
[03:07] | How? | 你怎么知道的 |
[03:09] | You don’t know everything about me. | 你又不知道我的所有事情 |
[03:11] | Obviously. | 没错 |
[03:12] | Like where you’ve been every day after school | 比如说 这周每天放学后你去哪里了 |
[03:15] | this week and every night. | 还有每晚 |
[03:18] | Unless you don’t trust me. | 除非你不信任我 |
[03:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:24] | Just so you know, | 告诉你一下 |
[03:25] | Mom is going to freak if she finds out. | 如果妈妈知道了 她会发疯的 |
[03:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:29] | Then… we better make sure she doesn’t. | 那我们最好确保她不知道 |
[03:34] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[03:35] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:37] | You look exhausted. | 你看起来很累 |
[03:38] | This is what I look like before coffee. | 我喝咖啡之前看起来就是这样 |
[03:40] | That was a long movie last night. | 昨晚的电影很长啊 |
[03:42] | The Rock was saving the world. | 巨石强森在拯救世界 |
[03:44] | It takes time. | 需要时间的 |
[03:45] | The Rock is awesome. | 巨石超棒的 |
[03:46] | So I’m thinking that The Rock | 我想巨石强森 |
[03:48] | did save the world, am I right? | 的确拯救世界了 对吧 |
[03:49] | Mom. | 妈 |
[03:50] | Spoiler alert. | 别剧透啊 |
[03:52] | Not great news. | 不是好消息 |
[03:55] | There’s gonna be another book… | 又会出一本书 |
[03:57] | about us. | 关于我们的 |
[03:58] | – Some gossip blogger. – Really? | -某个八卦博客主 -真的吗 |
[04:00] | Aren’t people tired of us yet? | 人们还没厌倦我们吗 |
[04:02] | I don’t know. Sorry. | 我不知道 抱歉 |
[04:03] | You should write your book, Dad. | 你该写你的书 爸爸 |
[04:06] | No, I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[04:07] | Kill everyone else’s stories with the truth. | 用真相扼杀其他人的故事 |
[04:09] | She may be right. | 她也许说得对 |
[04:10] | Yours is the one that people will want to read. | 人们都想读你写的书 |
[04:12] | Wouldn’t people rather hear gossip and lies? | 人们不是更愿意听八卦和谎言吗 |
[04:15] | Yeah, he has a point. | 他有道理 |
[04:15] | Whatever sensationalized dirt is put in front of them, | 他们就想读他们面前的 |
[04:16] | 支出金额 取现 一万元 | |
[04:18] | that’s gonna be what they want to read. | 耸人听闻的故事 |
[04:19] | Well, not if we get the real story out first. | 如果我们先说出真实的故事就不会了 |
[04:21] | You were very much against my writing it. | 你很反对我写这件事 |
[04:24] | Yeah, well, a couple of things have changed since then. | 从那时之后改变了一些事 |
[04:27] | And it would definitely help pay for expenses. | 这还能帮忙填补开销 |
[04:32] | Fine, whatever. | 好吧 随便了 |
[04:33] | I think it’s time, Dad. | 我觉得是时候了 爸爸 |
[04:36] | All right, you’ll be my first readers | 好吧 你们会是第一批读者 |
[04:38] | and my harshest critics. | 和最严厉的批评家 |
[04:39] | – Done. – It’s gonna be good to write again. | -成交 -再次写作感觉会很棒的 |
[04:42] | Oh, we should leave if I’m giving you guys | 如果我要送你们去上学 |
[04:44] | – a ride to school. – Right. | -那我们该走了 -对 |
[04:46] | School. | 学校 |
[04:48] | That’s where we’re going. | 我们要去那里 |
[04:49] | To learn. | 学习 |
[04:50] | All day. | 一整天 |
[04:51] | Ease up on the coffee, Tay. | 少喝点咖啡 小泰 |
[04:55] | Um, David? | 大卫 |
[04:58] | Not so fast. | 别急着走 |
[05:02] | I wish you weren’t missing school for me, | 真希望你没为我翘课 |
[05:03] | but I guess I can’t exactly complain. | 但我想我也不能抱怨 |
[05:07] | No. | 是 |
[05:09] | It’s okay. My first period’s a joke. | 没事的 我的第一节课是个笑话 |
[05:16] | I got my assignment. | 我接到派遣令了 |
[05:19] | What? When did you find out? | 什么 什么时候的事 |
[05:22] | Right before you got here. | 在你来之前 |
[05:24] | Where are they sending you? | 他们要派你去哪里 |
[05:26] | Fort Hunter Liggett, California. | 加州的亨特·利格特堡 |
[05:30] | California’s far, Crash. | 加州离这里好远 克拉什 |
[05:32] | It’s better than Afghanistan. | 总比去阿富汗强 |
[05:34] | It’s still 3,000 miles away. | 但还是离这三千英里 |
[05:37] | We always talked about going. | 我们一直在谈这个问题 |
[05:39] | Yeah, not ’cause you got posted. | 是 但现在你真的被派走了 |
[05:41] | We knew it would happen eventually. | 我们都知道会有这一天 |
[05:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:47] | Sorry, I’m just tired. | 抱歉 我就是累了 |
[05:48] | I wasn’t expecting this today. | 没想到今天会听到这个消息 |
[05:50] | Hey, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[05:52] | How are we gonna see each other? | 我们要怎么见面 |
[05:54] | I’ll push for time off over Christmas. | 圣诞节我会争取回来 |
[05:56] | Maybe you’ll come visit me over the summer. | 夏天你也可以去找我 |
[05:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:01] | Okay. I’m fine. | 好 我没事 |
[06:04] | This doesn’t change anything. | 这不会改变什么 |
[06:06] | Except how many classes I’m missing. | 除了我会缺很多课 |
[06:17] | $10,000 is a lot of money. | 一万美元是很大一笔钱 |
[06:19] | It’s for Ben. | 这是为了本 |
[06:20] | He’s my son, I want to help support him. | 他是我儿子 我想支持他 |
[06:23] | We want to help support him. | 我们都想支持他 |
[06:25] | I just don’t understand | 我只是不明白 |
[06:26] | why you had to go behind my back. | 你为什么要背着我 |
[06:27] | Maybe the same reason you went behind mine. | 跟你背着我的原因一样吧 |
[06:31] | She told me what happened. | 她告诉我发生的事了 |
[06:32] | I was protecting our family. | 我是在保护我们家 |
[06:39] | I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about the money. | 抱歉我没告诉你钱的事 |
[06:44] | Carter doesn’t want to have anything to do with her. | 卡特不想跟她有任何关系 |
[06:47] | She can’t hurt us anymore. | 她无法再伤害到我们了 |
[06:48] | She already is. | 她已经伤害了 |
[06:49] | She is going to use that kid | 她准备利用那个孩子 |
[06:51] | just like she tried to use Carter. | 就跟她之前想利用卡特一样 |
[06:52] | Liz, I promise you, I won’t let her. | 丽兹 我保证 我不会让她伤害到我们 |
[07:00] | I hear you’re the guy to talk to about getting some ID. | 听说你能弄到假身份证 |
[07:03] | Uh, let me check you guys later, okay? | 我们以后再聊 |
[07:05] | Come here. | 过来 |
[07:09] | You gotta chill. | 你悠着点 |
[07:10] | You can’t just walk up and ask me for stuff | 别当着那么多人面直接来 |
[07:12] | – in front of people. – Sorry. | -找我问这个 -抱歉 |
[07:14] | Are you Carter’s friend, the one who had the party? | 你是开派对的那个卡特的朋友吗 |
[07:15] | – Yeah. – 100 bucks. | -对 -一百块 |
[07:17] | Bird told me 50. | 波德说五十 |
[07:17] | For Bird, it was 50; for you, it’s 100. | 波德是五十 你要一百 |
[07:20] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:21] | Actually, you know what? | 算了 我跟你说 |
[07:22] | I’m a fair guy, let’s compromise here. | 我这人做生意向来爽快 |
[07:24] | You give me 75, I take your car for a spin. | 收你七十五吧 我用你的车兜兜风 |
[07:29] | 75 and I drive. | 七十五块 我来开车 |
[07:42] | Hello? | 是谁 |
[07:44] | It’s just me. | 只有我 |
[07:45] | I’m gonna go upstairs and study. | 我要上楼学习了 |
[07:46] | Carter, can we see you, please? | 卡特 你过来一下好吗 |
[07:52] | Oh… hi. | 你好 |
[07:54] | Carter, this is Mr. Smith. | 卡特 这是史密斯先生 |
[07:56] | Well, it was really nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[07:58] | I should probably get started on my homework. | 我该上楼写作业了 |
[07:59] | Homework? | 作业 |
[08:00] | For all the classes you haven’t been going to? | 你缺席的那么多课的作业吗 |
[08:03] | Carter, Mr. Smith is | 卡特 史密斯先生 |
[08:04] | a Fairfax County truancy officer. | 是费尔法克斯的劝学官 |
[08:08] | We hear you’ve been ditching school. | 听说你很久没去上学了 |
[08:14] | Carter, I’m not screwing around here. | 卡特 我是认真的 |
[08:16] | This isn’t some guidance counselor | 这不是什么咨询顾问 |
[08:18] | calling you out on the carpet. | 来找你谈话 |
[08:19] | There are state laws about being in school. | 你不去上学是违反州法律的 |
[08:21] | You could be in serious trouble, | 这样你可能惹上大麻烦 |
[08:22] | and not just from us. | 不止是我们为难你了 |
[08:23] | – Fine, I get it. – Do you? | -行了 我明白了 -是吗 |
[08:24] | “The officer may file complaints in juvenile court | “劝学官可对不送孩子上学的家长 |
[08:27] | against a parent for failure to send the child | 或者/和不去上学的学生 |
[08:29] | to school and/or against the student for failure to attend.” | 向少年法庭提起诉讼” |
[08:32] | You could go to juvie. | 你可能因此去少管所 |
[08:33] | And we could be held legally responsible. | 而且我们对此负有法律责任 |
[08:35] | I hate being there. | 我讨厌去那里 |
[08:36] | I know you do. | 我知道 |
[08:38] | I hated it, too, but I went anyway. | 我也讨厌 但我还是去了 |
[08:40] | You need an education. | 你需要接受教育 |
[08:42] | Yeah, but school isn’t the only place | 我知道 但又不是只有去学校 |
[08:43] | to get an education. | 才能接受教育 |
[08:46] | I think I want to drop out. | 我想退学 |
[08:48] | That’s not funny. | 不好笑 |
[08:48] | I’m not joking, I’ll get a job. | 我没开玩笑 我会去找工作 |
[08:50] | – Carter. – What? | -卡特 -怎么了 |
[08:51] | Not everyone hates school. | 也不是谁都讨厌学校啊 |
[08:53] | Taylor loves it. | 泰勒就很喜欢 |
[08:54] | Everything they teach in school is stuff | 学校里教的东西 |
[08:56] | she already wants to learn, | 都是她想学习的 |
[08:57] | but I don’t learn like that. | 但我不那样学习 |
[09:00] | I learn from people and experiences, | 我是向周围的人和经验学习 |
[09:04] | out in the world. | 向这个大千世界学习 |
[09:05] | Mom, do you remember that time | 妈妈 你还记得那次 |
[09:07] | you took me to that police training center? | 带我去警察培训中心吗 |
[09:10] | That was amazing. | 那次真的很棒 |
[09:12] | And I could never have learned any of that stuff in school. | 那些东西我在学校永远学不到 |
[09:14] | But you have plenty of time in your life to go to work. | 但是你会有很多时间去工作 |
[09:17] | Okay, Dad. | 好吧 爸爸 |
[09:19] | Do you remember that book you got me by Bob Dylan? | 记得你送我的那本说鲍勃·迪伦的书吗 |
[09:21] | I learned more about music in the 60’s from that book | 我从里面学到的六十年代音乐史 |
[09:24] | than I ever could have learned from some textbook. | 比从课本上的多多了 |
[09:26] | No one is stopping you from reading in your spare time, | 没人阻止你空余时间看书 |
[09:29] | but you only have one more year of school. | 但你再读一年就毕业了 |
[09:30] | A year is an eternity. | 一年很长很长 |
[09:32] | I’ve been home less than a year. | 我回家都还不到一年呢 |
[09:34] | What if someone told you | 如果有人告诉你们 |
[09:35] | you had to wait another one to find me? | 你们必须再等一年才能找到我呢 |
[09:36] | That’s completely different. | 这完全是两回事 |
[09:37] | We didn’t know if you were alive. | 我们当时不知道你是否还活着 |
[09:39] | I’m not alive when I’m in school. | 在学校里 我就活不下去 |
[09:41] | I don’t learn anything there | 在那我学不到任何东西 |
[09:43] | because I don’t care about the stuff that they’re teaching me. | 因为我不在乎老师教些什么 |
[09:46] | I’m not Taylor. | 我不是泰勒 |
[09:48] | We don’t want you to be Taylor. | 我们没要你和泰勒一样 |
[09:50] | But that doesn’t mean you don’t need a high school education. | 但那并不代表你不需要高中教育 |
[09:53] | I’m sorry, Carter. | 抱歉 卡特 |
[09:55] | The answer’s no. | 答案是不行 |
[10:12] | How’s the new ride? | 新车舒服吗 |
[10:13] | It’s fast. | 很快 |
[10:14] | Got up to 90. | 开到了九十码 |
[10:16] | He’s been living life kinda fast lately. | 他最近的生活节奏是有点快 |
[10:18] | What are you, his mom now? | 你现在成他妈妈了吗 |
[10:20] | No. | 不是 |
[10:21] | But his dad did die not that long ago. | 但是他爸不久前刚过世 |
[10:23] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[10:24] | Yeah, I heard something like that. | 知道 我听说了 |
[10:25] | Okay, well, he hasn’t had the easiest time since then. | 从那天起 他就很伤心 |
[10:28] | – He told me. – He told you? | -他和我说了 -他和你说了吗 |
[10:29] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[10:30] | We’re dudes. | 我们可是男人 |
[10:33] | Okay, I’m just saying… | 好吧 我只是想说 |
[10:35] | just be careful with him, he’s a little shaky. | 好好看着他 他情绪不太稳 |
[10:37] | I’m not a babysitter. | 我又不是保姆 |
[10:39] | And also, if I were Gabe, | 而且 如果我是加布 |
[10:40] | I wouldn’t want somebody talking about me like that. | 也不希望别人这样议论我 |
[10:43] | I’ll see you around. | 回头见 |
[10:50] | Yeah, good talk. | 跟你聊得真开心 |
[11:00] | – Thanks for picking me up. – No problem. | -谢谢你来接我 -不客气 |
[11:03] | What were you talking to Ben about? | 你和本说了什么 |
[11:05] | Gabe, actually. | 聊了一会加布 |
[11:07] | Yeah, what about him? | 他怎么了 |
[11:08] | They’re hanging out now, I guess. | 看来他们经常混在一起 |
[11:10] | And I asked Ben to look out for him, | 我叫本好好看着他 |
[11:13] | which he has no interest in doing. | 可他不愿意 |
[11:15] | I get that. | 明白了 |
[11:16] | – You do? – Sometimes you need to let people heal on their own. | -是吗 -有时你得让别人自己疗伤 |
[11:20] | Yeah. And sometimes friends need to look out for each other. | 是 可有时朋友也需要相互照应 |
[11:23] | That, too. | 这话也对 |
[11:26] | Hey, you know what tomorrow is? | 你知道明天是什么日子吗 |
[11:27] | No, what? | 不知道 什么日子 |
[11:29] | It’s our six-month anniversary. | 我们在一起六个月的纪念日 |
[11:32] | – Is it? – Mm-hmm. | -是吗 -没错 |
[11:34] | We met exactly six months ago. | 我们就是在六个月前的那天认识的 |
[11:40] | That’s so nice that you remembered. | 你能记住真好 |
[11:42] | Kind of hard six months to forget. | 相当难忘的六个月 |
[11:45] | I thought I would cook you dinner, celebrate. | 我想给你做晚餐 庆祝一番 |
[11:49] | You’re gonna cook for me? | 你要为我下厨吗 |
[11:51] | Well, don’t sound so surprised. I can cook. | 别一副惊讶状 我会做饭 |
[11:53] | Can you make an entire meal out of croutons? | 你能用面包丁做出整桌菜吗 |
[11:58] | No, no, I’m kidding. | 没 我开玩笑的 |
[12:01] | I would love for you to cook me dinner. | 你为我下厨 我开心死了 |
[12:03] | Deal. | 说定了 |
[12:06] | I did make… plans with Gabe. | 我和加布约好了 |
[12:11] | But I can cancel them. | 但是可以取消 |
[12:12] | No, if you already had plans. | 不 约好就算了 |
[12:14] | No. | 不 |
[12:15] | You only get one chance at a six-month anniversary. | 六个月纪念日只有一次 |
[12:19] | And you come first, Max. | 你是最重要的 麦克斯 |
[12:22] | Always. | 一直都是 |
[12:27] | Six months. | 六个月 |
[12:30] | What would that be? | 算是什么 |
[12:31] | Gold? | 金侣 |
[12:33] | Silver? | 银侣 |
[12:35] | – Plastic? – Plastic. | -塑料情侣 -塑料情侣 |
[12:42] | I’m going out. Uh… | 我要出门了 |
[12:44] | Which part of the word “grounded” is confusing? | “禁足”两个字 你有哪个听不懂 |
[12:48] | Not out out. | 不是出去玩 |
[12:49] | Study group out. | 是去参加学习小组 |
[12:50] | You’re attending a study group. | 你在参加学习小组吗 |
[12:53] | What can I say? Misery loves company. | 能说什么呢 同病相怜嘛 |
[12:56] | And maybe misery could do better in school | 在学校里 如果多用点功 |
[12:58] | if she tries harder. | 也许还能苦中作乐 |
[12:59] | Whose study group is it? | 是谁的学习小组 |
[13:00] | Some intermediate one Taylor was too smart for. | 一些不入泰勒眼的中等程度小组 |
[13:03] | I think the girl who’s over by Pam’s Donuts. | 那姑娘就在帕姆甜甜圈店附近 |
[13:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:08] | Okay. | 走了 |
[13:23] | Really, five more tequila shots? | 不是吧 还要五杯龙舌兰 |
[13:25] | The attorneys in the corner won’t call it a night. | 角落的那些律师还不肯散 |
[13:27] | Are they calling you “honey” yet? | 他们叫你甜心了吗 |
[13:28] | Honey, sweetie, cutie. | 甜心 亲爱的 小可爱 |
[13:30] | And two taps on the ass. | 还在我屁股上拍了两下 |
[13:31] | Just waiting for the bad tip to complete the Holy Trinity. | 就等着一笔丰厚的小费入账了 |
[13:34] | Ugh, what’s their problem? | 他们有什么问题 |
[13:35] | Nice people get nicer when they drink. | 好人喝醉后 好上加好 |
[13:38] | Douches just get douchier. | 混蛋喝醉后 就更混帐 |
[13:40] | We had to cut one of them off a few weeks ago. | 几周前我们把其中一个人赶了出去 |
[13:42] | Imagine how drunk you have to be | 想想你得喝到多醉 |
[13:43] | for someone who makes their living off of tips | 才能让一个以小费过活的人 |
[13:44] | to stop serving you. | 不愿去服务你 |
[13:49] | I have one lager, | 一杯淡啤 |
[13:52] | – one mojito. – Thank you. | -一杯莫吉托 -谢谢 |
[13:54] | And a Pinot Noir. | 还有黑皮诺 |
[13:55] | I’ll be right back with your check. | 我马上把账单拿过来 |
[13:56] | Uh, hey, cutie pie. | 小可爱 |
[13:58] | These glasses, they’re not gonna clear themselves. | 这些酒杯可不会自己走啊 |
[14:01] | Imagine that. | 我想也是 |
[14:02] | Oh, and while you’re at it, will you grab your friend? | 顺便 可以叫来你的朋友吗 |
[14:04] | We’ve been waiting on her forever. | 我们等她很久了 |
[14:07] | Oh, her? | 她吗 |
[14:08] | Her name is Stevie. | 她叫史蒂维 |
[14:10] | She’s waiting on six other tables tonight. | 她今晚还要服务其他六张台子 |
[14:12] | It’s waitressing. | 做服务生 |
[14:12] | It’s not rocket science. | 又不是造火箭的难事 |
[14:15] | Well, I’m gonna take a wild guess here | 容我大胆地猜一猜 |
[14:16] | and say you’re not one of NASA’s finest either. | 你也不是宇航局最顶尖的员工吧 |
[14:19] | So how about we just give Stevie a break? | 所以还是让史蒂维休息一下吧 |
[14:22] | You’re quite the ball-buster, you know that? | 你真的很难搞啊 你知道吗 |
[14:24] | Only the ones that need it. | 只针对那些有必要的人 |
[14:28] | Here you go, guys. | 酒来了 先生们 |
[14:29] | Thank you, Stevie. | 谢谢 史蒂维 |
[14:32] | And whenever you get a chance, | 等你有时间 |
[14:33] | I think we’re ready for our check. | 我们可以结账了 |
[14:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:36] | Put ’em up, guys. | 干杯 兄弟们 |
[14:42] | Those guys left me a 100-buck tip. | 他们给了我一百块小费 |
[14:44] | This is for making all our lives a little easier tonight. | 这是感谢你让我们今晚过得轻松点 |
[14:48] | You’re taking off those training wheels. | 你已经通过了训练 |
[15:25] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:26] | This neighborhood sucks. | 这个社区太烂了 |
[15:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:29] | – Thank you for coming. – Of course. | -谢谢你能来 -完全应该的 |
[15:31] | You should have called me. | 你该给我打电话 |
[15:32] | – I would have picked you up at the bar. – Well, it was late. | -我会去酒吧接你 -太晚了 |
[15:33] | I didn’t want to wake you up. | 我不想吵醒你 |
[15:35] | I don’t care about that. | 我不在乎 |
[15:37] | You can’t keep living like this. | 你不能再这样下去了 |
[15:38] | I don’t want to go back to base | 我不想回去后 |
[15:39] | and think about you taking a bus home at 3:00 a.M. | 担心你半夜三点搭车回家 |
[15:42] | I know, but I don’t want to stop working. | 我知道 但我不想停止工作 |
[15:45] | You really like it, huh? | 你很喜欢这工作吗 |
[15:46] | I don’t know, it’s like… | 我不知道 感觉… |
[15:49] | when I’m working there, all of my instincts | 在那工作的时候 我所有的本能 |
[15:51] | and skills finally come together. | 和技能都总算派上了用场 |
[15:54] | And it feels really amazing. | 这种感觉真的很棒 |
[15:56] | Yeah, I get that. | 理解 |
[15:58] | That’s how I felt after basic. | 我离开新兵营后就是这感觉 |
[16:00] | All I feel like at school is a failure. | 我在学校唯一的感觉就是失败 |
[16:03] | It’s just bringing me down. | 我很沮丧 |
[16:05] | I know, but, babe, you can’t keep this up. | 我知道 但亲爱的 你不能一直这样 |
[16:07] | Something’s gotta give. | 有些妥协是必须的 |
[16:18] | Why the face? | 怎么了 |
[16:19] | I got a job at that bar, Magic Hour. | 我在魔幻时光酒吧找了份工作 |
[16:22] | The one we went to with Bird? | 我们和波德一起去的那家吗 |
[16:24] | How’d you get the cop to sign off on that? | 你是怎么让你的警察老妈同意的 |
[16:26] | She doesn’t know. | 她不知道 |
[16:27] | She thinks I’m going to a study group every night | 她以为我要每晚去学习小组 |
[16:29] | to try and save my failing ass. | 尝试拯救我那可怜的成绩 |
[16:30] | Sneaky. | 好有心机 |
[16:32] | – I like it. – See? | -我喜欢 -你看 |
[16:33] | There are ways to stay with a cop | 还是有办法和警察过日子 |
[16:34] | and still live your life. | 然后还能活下来的吧 |
[16:36] | Yeah, nice try, but I’m actually good where I’m at. | 算了吧 我现在过得挺好 |
[16:40] | That’s fine, I’m gonna have to quit the bar anyway. | 好吧 反正我也得把工作辞了 |
[16:42] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:43] | Because I keep having to ditch class | 因为我得一直翘课 |
[16:45] | to get to my shift | 才能去轮班 |
[16:46] | and now I’ve got this truancy officer keeping tabs on me. | 现在劝学官一直盯着我 |
[16:49] | Yeah, they’re the worst. | 这个最恼火了 |
[16:50] | I wish I could drop out of school | 我想退学 |
[16:51] | but my parents won’t let me. | 但我爸妈不会答应 |
[16:53] | Yeah, it doesn’t really fit with their whole picket-fence vibe. | 是啊 这不太符合他们的正统观念 |
[16:59] | You do have another option, you know. | 你还有一个选择 |
[17:02] | I was speaking parentally. | 在家长方面 |
[17:04] | Not in this lifetime. | 下辈子吧 |
[17:06] | She said she’d always be there for you. | 她说她会一直支持你 |
[17:09] | I was there, I heard her. | 我当时也在 我听见了 |
[17:11] | Okay, well, I might be miserable, but I’m not deranged. | 我可能很悲惨 但还没有疯掉 |
[17:14] | I’m just trying to help you get what you want. | 我只是帮你得到你想要的 |
[17:27] | Hey, you still here? | 你在听我说话吗 |
[17:30] | Yeah. Sorry. | 是 抱歉 |
[17:32] | My head’s all over the place. | 我脑子里好乱 |
[17:36] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[17:40] | When do you leave again? | 你什么时候走 |
[17:42] | 48 hours. | 四十八小时后 |
[17:47] | Well… we still have today. | 好吧 我们还有今天 |
[17:51] | Don’t you have to go back to school? | 你不回学校吗 |
[17:54] | No, I’m not going back today. | 不 今天不想去 |
[18:14] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[18:15] | Between my attendance and my lousy GPA, | 由于我的出勤率和破成绩 |
[18:18] | they’re making me repeat the year. | 学校让我重修一年 |
[18:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[18:26] | Ben’s not here. | 本不在家 |
[18:28] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[18:30] | I came to see you. | 我是来找你的 |
[18:34] | Um, come in. | 进来吧 |
[18:38] | You said that you would be here | 你说过只要我有需要 |
[18:40] | if I ever needed anything. | 你会帮我的 |
[18:41] | Well, now I need something. | 现在我需要帮忙 |
[18:46] | I want you to sign an authorization form | 我想要你签一张授权书 |
[18:49] | so I can drop out of school. | 然后我就能退学了 |
[18:52] | I assume you’ve already asked Dave and Elizabeth. | 我猜你已经问过大卫和伊丽莎白了 |
[18:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:58] | I can’t say this is a shock. | 我并不惊讶 |
[19:00] | Which part? | 为什么 |
[19:03] | Well, you’ve never been a traditional student, | 你从来就不是个传统的学生 |
[19:05] | even when you were in kindergarten. | 你上幼儿园时 |
[19:06] | I practically taught you math | 我几乎是在家里的厨房 |
[19:08] | in our kitchen on Bay Street. | 教会的你数学 |
[19:09] | The little table with the measuring cups and the sugar? | 在那个放着量杯和糖的小桌子上吗 |
[19:15] | Will you sign it? | 你会签吗 |
[19:18] | I don’t know, Carter, I… | 我不知道 卡特 我… |
[19:20] | I made a promise to stay away, | 我答应过要保持距离 |
[19:23] | and I think I know how they would feel about this. | 也清楚他们会怎么想这个事 |
[19:28] | Why do you want this so much? | 你为什么这么想退学 |
[19:32] | I want to be good at something, | 我想找到自己的特长 |
[19:34] | something that I choose. | 我想自己选择 |
[19:36] | I’m so tired of feeling like | 我真的厌倦这种 |
[19:37] | I’m always swimming upstream. | 一直逆流而上的感觉 |
[19:39] | Look, you spent 13 years telling me | 你花了十三年来告诉我 |
[19:41] | you would do anything on earth to make me happy. | 你可以付出所有让我开心 |
[19:43] | Now is your chance. | 现在你的机会来了 |
[19:46] | You do realize that 99.9% of parents | 你知道99.9%的父母 |
[19:50] | would never do anything like this, right? | 绝对不会这么做 是吧 |
[19:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:59] | Lucky for you, I’m the 1%. | 算你走运 我是那1% |
[20:10] | I can’t believe you did it. | 不敢相信你这么做了 |
[20:11] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[20:12] | Mom and Dad are gonna lose it. | 爸妈肯定要气疯了 |
[20:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:15] | What did she say when she signed? | 你签字的时候说了什么 |
[20:16] | She reminded me that most parents wouldn’t do it. | 她提醒我大多数家长不会这样 |
[20:19] | Desperate times call for | 非常时期 |
[20:20] | desperate measures, I guess. | 非常手段吧 |
[20:22] | Hey, come in here. | 你们来 |
[20:27] | How is it? | 书怎么样 |
[20:29] | It’s good. | 不错 |
[20:30] | Uh, no typos. | 没有错字 |
[20:31] | That’s a rave. | 评价真高 |
[20:33] | Which part are you on? | 你看到哪部分了 |
[20:33] | The part where we finally get you back | 我们终于找回了你 |
[20:35] | and all you want to do is leave. | 你却只想离开 |
[20:36] | Ah, that. | 那里啊 |
[20:38] | “We lie in bed at night, | “夜里 我们躺在床上 |
[20:39] | trying to imagine what she was going through. | 试图想象她都经历了什么 |
[20:41] | The trauma of the transition was enormous. | 转变带来的创伤是巨大的 |
[20:43] | She was determined to keep us at arm’s length, | 她决心和我们保持距离 |
[20:45] | but one thing was clear | 但是从我们 |
[20:45] | from the very first moment we met her again. | 第一眼看到她起就明白了一件事 |
[20:48] | She was an extraordinary person.” | 她是个了不起的人” |
[20:52] | I was such a bitch. | 我以前还真是讨人厌 |
[20:54] | You were a… | 你是个… |
[20:55] | a challenge. | 挑战 |
[20:58] | Which means mega. | 就是超级讨厌 |
[21:03] | I guess I never really thought about what it was like for them. | 我从没仔细想过这给他们的感受 |
[21:17] | It’s not that big a town. | 这城市不大 |
[21:19] | We’re gonna run into each other. | 我们会见面的 |
[21:21] | Well, call me an optimist, | 那我还是很乐观 |
[21:22] | but I keep hoping you’ll move. | 相信你迟早会搬走 |
[21:24] | Not a chance, especially now. | 不可能 尤其是现在 |
[21:26] | Didn’t Carter tell you she came to see me? | 卡特没跟你说她来找我了吗 |
[21:28] | We had a little chat about school. | 我们聊了聊上学的事 |
[21:33] | You didn’t. | 你不是吧 |
[21:34] | I did. | 就是 |
[21:36] | See, one of the lessons of motherhood I did learn | 你看 我学会的一个为母之道 |
[21:39] | is the importance of truly seeing your child for who they are. | 是明白让自己孩子遵从内心很重要 |
[21:43] | Carter’s never been an academic, | 卡特从不是读书的料 |
[21:44] | she’s never going to be. | 以后也不会是 |
[21:46] | So why not end the charade | 所以为什么不结束伪装 |
[21:47] | and just let her start living the life she’s so capable of. | 让她过自己擅长的生活呢 |
[21:49] | You had no right. | 你无权这样 |
[21:52] | In the eyes of the state, | 在州政府眼里 |
[21:53] | and more importantly, our daughter, | 更重要的是 我们女儿眼里 |
[21:55] | I do. | 我有 |
[21:57] | Might want to keep that in mind. | 或许你该记住 |
[22:03] | Do you have any idea what you’ve done? | 你知道自己干了什么吗 |
[22:05] | I’m sorry, but I– | 对不起 但我… |
[22:06] | You rolled out the welcome mat | 你对她敞开大门 |
[22:08] | and you invited her into our lives. | 邀请她进入我们的生活 |
[22:11] | Did you even give it a second thought, what you were doing? | 你再三考虑过自己的行为吗 |
[22:13] | Let’s all try to stay calm. | 大家都先冷静 |
[22:14] | Is this what’s gonna happen now that she’s living here? | 是不是她要住在这就会这样 |
[22:16] | You’re gonna pit us against each other | 让我们两边竞争 |
[22:18] | until you get the answer that you want? | 直到你得到想要的回答 |
[22:20] | No, that’s not what I was doing. | 不 我不想那样 |
[22:22] | Well, that’s what you did, Carter. | 你做的事就是这样 卡特 |
[22:23] | You set up this dynamic | 挑起了这争斗 |
[22:24] | and now she thinks we’re all playing this sick game. | 现在她认为我们都要玩这变态游戏 |
[22:31] | That was a real bad choice, Carter. | 你这行为真的很不好 卡特 |
[22:34] | We need to be able to trust you. | 我们需要相信你 |
[22:35] | You can trust me. | 你们可以相信我 |
[22:36] | How? | 怎么相信 |
[22:37] | You crossed a major line. | 你这是大错 |
[22:39] | I never wanted to go to her, okay? | 我也不想找她的 好吗 |
[22:41] | I only went because I knew you guys wouldn’t sign it. | 找她只是因为你们不同意签字 |
[22:44] | That doesn’t justify what you did, not for a second. | 那根本不能证明你做的就对 |
[22:47] | I’m not trying to justify it. | 我没想证明什么 |
[22:49] | I knew it was wrong as soon as I did it, | 她签完字我就知道不该这样 |
[22:50] | which is why I tore up the form. | 所以我把表格撕了 |
[22:53] | – What? – I tore it up. | -什么 -我把表撕了 |
[23:03] | I want this… more than I have wanted anything ever, | 我心里非常地想退学 |
[23:08] | but I am still your daughter | 但我依然是你们女儿 |
[23:10] | and I don’t want to do it without your blessing. | 不想行动得不到你们的支持 |
[23:25] | We’re fighting a losing battle. | 我们注定要输的 |
[23:28] | You know that, right? | 你知道 对吗 |
[23:30] | In six months, she’s gonna be 18. | 六个月后 她就满十八岁了 |
[23:33] | She can drop out on her own. | 可以自己退学 |
[23:35] | What, we just give in? | 怎么 我们就这么屈服吗 |
[23:37] | What kind of parenting manual did you get that from? | 你从哪学到的这样做家长 |
[23:40] | The same one that says | 在学到情愿放弃 |
[23:41] | it’s better to surrender one battle | 一场战役 也好过输掉 |
[23:44] | than lose the war. | 整个战局的那地方 |
[23:55] | So, you gonna have to get a job, | 那你必须得找个工作 |
[23:57] | and your GED, and help out around the house. | 拿到同等学历证书 帮家里干活 |
[24:00] | And no sleeping in ’til noon every day. | 不许每天睡到中午 |
[24:02] | You need to be a responsible member of society. | 你得成为社会中负责任的一份子 |
[24:04] | Which includes picking up Grant | 这包括接格兰特放学 |
[24:05] | and dropping him off wherever he wants to go. | 送他去任何想去的地方 |
[24:09] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你们说的和我想的是一个意思吗 |
[24:12] | We’re gonna let you drop out of school. | 你们同意你退学 |
[24:17] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[24:19] | Thank you, you are not gonna regret this, I promise. | 谢谢 你们不会后悔的 我保证 |
[24:27] | There’s no way that you got your mom | 你妈妈不可能给你 |
[24:28] | to sign off on you dropping out. | 退学申请签字的 |
[24:30] | Yep. | 签了 |
[24:31] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白吗 |
[24:33] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[24:34] | Elizabeth Wilson? | 伊丽莎白·威尔逊吗 |
[24:35] | Yeah, I know, it’s insane. | 对 我知道这很不可思议 |
[24:38] | Good thing she doesn’t know I’m working in a bar. | 幸好她不知道我在酒吧上班 |
[24:41] | I think that might have set me back. | 要么不一定能成功 |
[24:42] | You know there’s no one else on the planet | 你知道这世界上不可能 |
[24:44] | who could have made that happen, right? | 有人办得到这事 对吗 |
[24:46] | Oh, thanks. I think my dad might have had something to do with it. | 谢谢 我觉得我爸爸可能帮了忙 |
[24:48] | No, it’s you and your powers of persuasion. | 不 是你和你的信念帮的忙 |
[24:52] | – I’m proud of you. – What? | -我为你骄傲 -什么 |
[24:53] | For dropping out of school? | 骄傲我退学吗 |
[24:54] | No, for knowing that it wasn’t your thing. | 不 骄傲你知道自己不适合念书 |
[24:56] | For making your case and sticking to your guns. | 坚持自己的想法 |
[24:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:08] | Okay, I gotta go. | 好 我得走了 |
[25:12] | All right, so as of right now, we are 86’ing Corona off the menu. | 目前我们得把科罗娜从酒单上拿下来 |
[25:15] | The shipment has not come in yet. | 新货还没有送到 |
[25:17] | Carter, you’re late. | 卡特 你迟到了 |
[25:18] | Oh, yeah, I’m sorry, I was– | 是 对不起 我… |
[25:19] | And, guys, I’m getting sick and tired | 还有 我受够看到空的 |
[25:21] | of seeing empty salt and pepper shakers. | 盐和胡椒瓶子了 |
[25:22] | Someone take the initiative | 别老让我问 |
[25:24] | and refill them without me having to ask. | 谁主动点把它们装满好吗 |
[25:26] | Let’s go to work, make some money. | 大家上班吧 开始营业 |
[25:28] | Jared. | 贾里德 |
[25:30] | Jared, I’m sorry I was late. | 贾里德 抱歉我迟到了 |
[25:31] | I’m dealing with some major life stuff. | 我有些大事要处理 |
[25:36] | Yeah, well, we’re all dealing with major life stuff, | 我们生活中都有大事要处理 |
[25:38] | Carter, and none of us were 40 minutes late. | 卡特 但没人迟到四十分钟 |
[25:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:42] | Scotty, we’re about to open, | 斯考特 我就快营业了 |
[25:43] | where the hell is my Corona shipment? | 送的科罗娜怎么还没来 |
[25:44] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[26:01] | It’s good. | 很好吃 |
[26:03] | Your voice just went up really high. | 你刚才音调真的好高 |
[26:06] | Did it? | 有吗 |
[26:11] | Coq au vin is not an easy dish to make, Max, for anybody. | 红酒焖鸡很难做的 麦克斯 谁做都是 |
[26:15] | I followed the directions like the recipe. | 我照着菜谱指导做的 |
[26:18] | Yeah, but sometimes | 是 但有时候 |
[26:19] | you can put all the right ingredients together | 把所有正确食材放到一起 |
[26:21] | and it still doesn’t quite fit. | 结果也未必如意 |
[26:25] | Do you want to order pizza? | 你想叫个披萨吗 |
[26:26] | On our six-month anniversary? | 六个月纪念日吃披萨吗 |
[26:30] | Not a chance. | 休想 |
[26:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:39] | I can work with this. | 我应该能做 |
[26:42] | What, you’re gonna take the ingredients from | 怎么 你要用我给你做晚餐 |
[26:44] | the dinner that I made you | 剩的材料 |
[26:46] | and use them to make dinner for me? | 来给我做顿晚餐吗 |
[26:48] | For us. Yeah. | 给我们 没错 |
[26:50] | It’s very “Top Chef.” | 很有《顶级大厨》范吧 |
[26:52] | I’m gonna sit back here and admire the quick fire. | 那我就坐好 欣赏你的快炒了 |
[26:54] | Ah, he knows the lingo. | 还知道术语嘛 |
[26:57] | Nice. | 不错 |
[27:03] | Can I have two beers? | 能给我两瓶啤酒吗 |
[27:05] | Something wrong with the Pinot Noir? | 这黑皮诺有什么问题吗 |
[27:07] | No. | 没有 |
[27:09] | Except the whole table ordered Pinot Grigio. | 除了那桌是想点灰皮诺 |
[27:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:13] | It’s loud, I misheard them. | 声音太吵 我听错了 |
[27:15] | You cost us 30 bucks. | 你浪费了我们三十块 |
[27:16] | What, we can’t just re-serve it? | 什么 不能再上给别人吗 |
[27:17] | Sure, if you want to get fined by the health department. | 可以 如果你想被卫生部罚款 |
[27:20] | Fourth table, your section. | 四号桌 你的台子 |
[27:22] | Seems like they’ve been waiting a while. | 似乎他们已经等挺久了 |
[27:23] | What’s it take to get some drinks around here? | 这里要怎么样才能上酒啊 |
[27:26] | They’re a little rowdy. | 他们有点吵 |
[27:28] | Can you handle it? | 你能应付吗 |
[27:30] | Uh, yeah, no problem. | 可以 没问题 |
[27:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:36] | Can I get two dark and stormies? | 能给我两杯黑暗暴风吗 |
[27:38] | Dark and stormy! | 黑暗暴风 |
[27:39] | My favorite. | 我的最爱 |
[27:41] | You’re too good to me. I don’t deserve it. | 你对我太好了 我不值得 |
[27:43] | How long have you guys been partying? | 你们玩多久了 |
[27:45] | Many several hours. | 几小时吧 |
[27:47] | I was supposed to see a movie with your sister… | 我本来该跟你妹妹看电影的 |
[27:50] | but she bailed. | 她毁约了 |
[27:51] | Whatevs. | 随便吧 |
[27:54] | This is funner. | 这更有意思 |
[27:55] | Okay, you’re drunk. | 行了 你喝醉了 |
[27:56] | Am not. | 没有 |
[27:57] | I really shouldn’t be serving you guys. | 我真的不该给你们上酒 |
[27:58] | Gabe! | 加布 |
[27:59] | God, stop it. | 天啊 别喝了 |
[28:01] | Gabe! | 加布 |
[28:02] | – Too late. – Stop! | -太迟了 -够了 |
[28:06] | We’re gonna need some more drinks around here, man. | 我们还要酒 |
[28:08] | Yeah, I really don’t think so. | 我想未必 |
[28:09] | Oh, wait! | 等等 |
[28:13] | What the hell?! | 你搞什么 |
[28:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:14] | Take it down a notch, man. | 低调一点 伙计 |
[28:16] | I can’t believe she thinks that I’m drunk. | 不敢相信她以为我醉了 |
[28:18] | Could a drunk person do this even? | 喝醉的人能这样吗 |
[28:26] | All right, I’m gonna need you to step outside. | 好了 请你出去 |
[28:27] | Let’s go, playtime’s over. | 走吧 狂欢结束了 |
[28:28] | Let’s go, come on. | 走 来吧 |
[28:29] | Get your hands off me. | 放开我 |
[28:31] | I said get your hands off me! | 我说放开我 |
[28:53] | Two seconds. | 等我两秒 |
[28:57] | Are you really answering your phone right now? | 你现在真的要接电话吗 |
[28:59] | It’s Gabe– weird. | 是加布 奇怪 |
[29:01] | I– I should just make sure he’s okay. | 我就接一下 确保他没事 |
[29:05] | Hey, Gabe. | 喂 加布 |
[29:08] | Ben? | 本吗 |
[29:12] | Yeah, yeah, yeah– | 好 好 |
[29:13] | No, I guess I can come. | 不 我应该能来 |
[29:18] | Uh, Gabe is a little out of control. | 加布有点失控了 |
[29:20] | No kidding. | 还用说 |
[29:24] | I should go help them. | 我该去帮他们 |
[29:28] | Do you want me to come with you? | 要我陪你一起吗 |
[29:30] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没事 |
[29:31] | Ben’s there. | 本在那里 |
[29:32] | I’m sure we can handle it. | 我们肯定能处理的 |
[29:36] | I’m really sorry. | 真对不起 |
[29:38] | I’ll be back in a flash. | 我很快就回来 |
[29:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:47] | Easy. | 别闹 |
[29:50] | Dude, are you trying to steal my shoes? | 兄弟 你想偷我鞋子吗 |
[29:52] | Taylor, Ben’s trying to steal my shoes. | 泰勒 本要偷我鞋子 |
[29:54] | No, Gabe, we’re trying to put you to bed. | 不 加布 我们想让你睡觉 |
[29:56] | Taylor, I’ve fantasized about this. | 泰勒 我幻想这个好久了 |
[29:58] | – You, me, my bed… – Shut up, you have not. | -你和我 在我床上 -闭嘴 你没有想 |
[30:02] | Shh, I have, too. | 我想过 |
[30:05] | Except Ben was definitely not here. | 除了本绝对不在这 |
[30:07] | That’s good to know. | 真好 |
[30:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:14] | It’s not your fault. | 这不怪你 |
[30:14] | Yeah, actually it is. | 实际上 是怪我 |
[30:15] | You sent up a flare and I blew you off. | 我没睬你的求救信号 |
[30:21] | It’s not just his dad, you know that, right? | 他这样不光是因为他爸 你知道的吧 |
[30:25] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:26] | I mean he’s got it bad for you. | 意思是他很喜欢你 |
[30:29] | He told you that? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[30:30] | No, he didn’t have to. | 他不用说 |
[30:36] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我吗 |
[30:37] | Yeah, come in. | 是 请进 |
[30:38] | Shut the door. | 关上门 |
[30:42] | So what happened out there tonight? | 今晚那是怎么回事 |
[30:43] | Why’d you serve that guy? | 为什么你不给那人上酒 |
[30:44] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[30:45] | I had no idea he was so wasted. | 我不知道他醉成那样 |
[30:48] | How could you not know? | 你怎么会不知道 |
[30:49] | I saw you bring him a drink. | 我看见你给他上酒了 |
[30:51] | Couldn’t you tell when he ordered it? | 他点的时候你看不出吗 |
[30:52] | Well, I brought him the drink before I went over there. | 看出来之前我就上了酒 |
[30:55] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这样 |
[30:56] | ‘Cause he’s a friend. | 因为他是我朋友 |
[30:57] | A friend. | 朋友吗 |
[31:00] | How am I supposed to trust your judgment | 你带来这种朋友 |
[31:02] | when you bring around a friend like that? | 让我怎么相信你的判断力 |
[31:04] | Someone who gets into fights and breaks bottles | 这种闹事砸酒瓶 |
[31:05] | and could get us shut down? | 会害我们关张的人 |
[31:06] | He’s not a bad guy, | 他不是坏人 |
[31:07] | he’s just going through a rough time. | 只是最近过得很艰难 |
[31:09] | His judgment’s a little impaired. | 判断力有些受损 |
[31:10] | I don’t care about his judgment. | 我不关心他的判断力 |
[31:11] | I care about yours. | 是关心你的 |
[31:13] | Which in this case was nonexistent. | 在这事里可是一点都没有 |
[31:16] | I know, look, I– | 我知道 我… |
[31:17] | No, you clearly don’t. | 不 显然你不知道 |
[31:19] | I can’t afford to have servers that I can’t trust, | 我不敢要不能信任的服务员 |
[31:22] | so I’m sorry, Carter… | 所以对不起了 卡特 |
[31:24] | I’m gonna have to let you go. | 我得让你走人 |
[31:26] | What? | 什么 |
[31:29] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[31:32] | Come in tomorrow to pick up your last check. | 明天来拿最后一笔工资吧 |
[31:39] | What a crappy day. | 什么鬼日子 |
[31:43] | You’re leaving. | 你要走了 |
[31:46] | I got fired. | 我被解雇了 |
[31:50] | I’m sorry you got fired. | 抱歉你被解雇了 |
[31:54] | But… | 不过… |
[31:55] | it gave me an idea. | 这给了我一个主意 |
[31:58] | What? | 什么 |
[32:01] | Look, I love you, Carter. | 我爱你 卡特 |
[32:03] | My life is so much better with you in it. | 有你在我的生活好了太多 |
[32:06] | And now that you’re dropping out | 现在你退学了 |
[32:07] | and the job’s not holding you here… | 也没有工作牵绊你 |
[32:10] | … there’s nothing in our way. | 没什么阻碍我们了 |
[32:14] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[32:15] | Come to California with me. | 跟我去加州吧 |
[32:17] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[32:18] | I’ve never been more serious about anything in my whole life. | 我这辈子从没比现在还严肃了 |
[32:22] | You remember what we used to talk about? | 你记得我们原来说过什么吗 |
[32:23] | A shack on the beach, driving on the coast. | 沙滩上的小屋 沿着海岸开车 |
[32:25] | Camping out. | 露营 |
[32:26] | We can actually do all of those things now. | 现在我们真的能做这些事 |
[32:29] | You could get a job out there. | 你可以在那找份工作 |
[32:30] | We could be together. | 我们可以在一起 |
[32:30] | There’s nothing holding us back. | 没什么牵绊我们了 |
[32:32] | It’s the perfect time. | 现在是最佳时机 |
[32:37] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[32:39] | Tell me you’ll think about it. | 告诉我你会考虑 |
[32:41] | I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to think of anything else. | 我不知道自己还能想什么别的了 |
[32:49] | That looks awesome. | 那里看起来好棒 |
[32:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:54] | Like paradise. | 就像天堂 |
[32:57] | I’m sorry about your job. | 工作的事真抱歉 |
[32:59] | I know you loved it. | 我知道你很喜欢 |
[33:02] | Maybe it’s for the best. | 或许这样最好 |
[33:05] | I told him I’d give him an answer today. | 我说了今天会回复他 |
[33:08] | So you’re going. | 所以你要去吗 |
[33:09] | I’m seriously thinking about it. | 我真的在考虑 |
[33:12] | Do you want to make a pros and cons list? | 你想列张优劣表吗 |
[33:14] | That always helps me if I’m having trouble making a decision. | 我下不了决定时这样很管用 |
[33:19] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[33:24] | Pros. | 优势 |
[33:27] | California. | 那里是加州 |
[33:28] | It’s beautiful and fun. | 漂亮 有趣 |
[33:32] | And I’d get to travel, | 我还能旅行 |
[33:33] | which is something I’ve always wanted to do. | 那是我一直的梦想 |
[33:37] | And I’d be with Crash. | 还能和克拉什在一起 |
[33:38] | Cons? | 劣势呢 |
[33:43] | I’d miss you | 我会想你 |
[33:44] | and… | 还有… |
[33:46] | Grant and… | 格兰特… |
[33:48] | Mom and Dad and… | 爸爸妈妈… |
[33:51] | I don’t know, getting to know Ben. | 不能再了解本了 |
[33:54] | Plus, if I left now, I’d– | 再说如果我现在离开 |
[33:57] | I think I’d feel like I didn’t really give | 会感觉没有好好地 |
[33:58] | my life here a real shot. | 尝试在这里生活 |
[34:01] | But then I guess people make sacrifices | 但我想人们都会为 |
[34:03] | for the people they love, | 爱的人做出牺牲 |
[34:04] | and I could find a really great life of my own out there. | 我在那会有自己真正美好的生活 |
[34:10] | You’re starting to sound like me. | 你的语气开始像我了 |
[34:12] | Driving yourself crazy, overanalyzing. | 逼疯自己 过度分析 |
[34:16] | Well, it’s a big decision. | 这是个重大决定 |
[34:17] | It is. | 是的 |
[34:20] | But that’s the difference between us. | 但这才是我们俩的不同 |
[34:22] | You know, I’ll spend hours going back and forth, | 我会花很久来踌躇犹豫 |
[34:25] | playing the pros and cons game. | 做优劣势表 |
[34:27] | But you figure out what you want and you go for it. | 你却找到自己的梦想 大胆去做 |
[34:31] | And you never let anything stand in your way. | 不让任何事阻碍你 |
[34:36] | If you go… | 如果你去了 |
[34:38] | I’ll miss the hell out of you. | 我会很想你 |
[34:42] | But do what’s right for you. | 但做适合你的事 |
[34:52] | It’s really pretty. | 真的好漂亮 |
[34:55] | Hey, it’s me. | 喂 是我 |
[34:56] | I’m here. | 我到了 |
[34:59] | See you in a minute. | 过会见 |
[36:06] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在干什么 |
[36:08] | Wiping down these grimy tables | 擦干净这些脏乎乎的桌子 |
[36:09] | so we don’t get hit with a health code violation. | 好不会违反卫生规定被罚款 |
[36:12] | Oh, and I refilled all the salt and pepper shakers. | 我还装满了所有的盐和胡椒罐 |
[36:16] | Just putting the “I” in initiative. | 主动要从自己开始嘛 |
[36:20] | Sorry, that was too much. | 抱歉 这有点过分了 |
[36:23] | Do you not understand the meaning of the word “fired”? | 我说”解雇”你是哪里不懂了 |
[36:29] | I’m a slow learner. | 我学得慢 |
[36:35] | Okay, well… | 好吧 |
[36:37] | those candles aren’t gonna light themselves. | 那些蜡烛可不会自己点着 |
[36:46] | I’m sorry I bailed last night. | 抱歉我昨晚没回来 |
[36:50] | It got late. | 太迟了 |
[36:51] | That’s okay, I get it. | 没事 我理解 |
[36:55] | How is Gabe? | 加布怎么样 |
[36:57] | Uh, not great. | 不太好 |
[37:00] | I think he’s lucky… | 我觉得他很幸运 |
[37:02] | to have a friend like you looking out for him. | 有你这样的朋友照顾他 |
[37:05] | I just hope he’s not taking advantage of it. | 只希望他别趁机利用你 |
[37:07] | – What do you mean? – He’s going through a lot | -什么意思 -他经历了很多 |
[37:10] | and it seems like he’s wanting to… | 而且看起来他似乎想… |
[37:14] | … lean on someone. | 找个人依靠 |
[37:15] | You, mostly. | 主要是你 |
[37:18] | Well, we’ve been friends since we were kids. | 我们从小就是朋友了 |
[37:21] | I think he just needs the continuity. | 我觉得他只是想继续这友情 |
[37:24] | Maybe he needs more. | 或许他想要更多 |
[37:28] | Do you think that he might have feelings for you? | 你觉得他可能会喜欢你吗 |
[37:32] | No. | 不觉得 |
[37:33] | No, definitely not. | 当然不会 |
[37:36] | Yeah, I pretty much convinced myself that he did. | 是吗 我都快说服自己他喜欢了 |
[37:43] | Well, I’m just gonna have to unconvince you. | 那我就只能再说服你了 |
[38:00] | Thanks for meeting me. | 谢谢你见我 |
[38:04] | Yeah, no problem. | 没关系 |
[38:06] | I’m sorry I kept you waiting earlier. | 抱歉我之前让你白等了 |
[38:09] | It’s a crazy idea, me thinking that you wanted to go. | 我会以为你想一起走 太疯狂了 |
[38:12] | No, Crash, it wasn’t crazy. | 不 克拉什 没有 |
[38:15] | I love that you asked me. | 我很高兴你问了我 |
[38:19] | But… | 但是… |
[38:21] | you’re on your own path. | 你有了你自己的路 |
[38:23] | And I still have to figure out what mine is. | 而我还在寻找我的 |
[38:27] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | -对不起 -没事的 |
[38:30] | I always knew you were a free spirit, | 我知道你是个自由自在的人 |
[38:31] | I just didn’t really think about it. | 只是从没仔细想过 |
[38:42] | So, look… we’ll talk, okay? | 我们会打电话的 好吗 |
[38:45] | And you can ask your guy when you can have leave. | 你可以问自己上级什么时候能请假 |
[38:49] | – Figure it out. – We’ll see. | -想办法见面 -再说吧 |
[38:52] | What do you mean, we’ll see? | 什么叫”再说吧” |
[38:53] | I mean, the whole reason you’re staying is so that | 你留在这的全部意义就是为了 |
[38:55] | you can find your life, | 找到自己的生活 |
[38:58] | figure out what you want, right? | 找出自己想要什么 对吗 |
[38:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:01] | You’ve spent all this time… | 你花了那么多时间… |
[39:04] | helping me, keeping me on the straight and narrow. | 帮我 让我洗心革面 |
[39:08] | You’ve changed my life. | 改变了我的人生 |
[39:09] | Now it’s your turn. | 现在轮到你了 |
[39:13] | I think what you really need is to do this on your own, | 我觉得你真正需要的 是自己找到梦想 |
[39:17] | with nothing holding you back. | 不要别人的拖累 |
[39:20] | You’re not holding me back. | 你没有拖累我 |
[39:21] | Maybe I am, maybe I’m not, | 可能我有 可能我没有 |
[39:22] | but you’ve done things for me, and so now it’s my turn. | 但你为我做了事 现在轮到我了 |
[39:27] | Okay, so what are you saying? | 好吧 那你是什么意思 |
[39:29] | I love you, Carter. | 我爱你 卡特 |
[39:33] | I’m saying, we shouldn’t call, | 我是想说 我们不要打电话 |
[39:33] | we shouldn’t Skype… | 不要视频 |
[39:36] | or make plans. | 或者订什么计划 |
[39:38] | You should live your life and I’ll live mine. | 你该过你的日子 我过我的 |
[39:41] | And if there’s any justice in the world, | 如果人生还是公平的 |
[39:43] | then we’ll cross paths again. | 那我们会再遇到 |
[39:47] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[40:41] | Damn, you killed it in tips tonight. | 你今晚小费可真不少 |
[40:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:43] | Pretty awesome. | 好棒 |
[40:45] | You mind taking the trash out? | 你介意把垃圾扔掉吗 |
[40:47] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[40:48] | Boss. | 老板 |
[40:51] | It’s good to have you back. | 你又回来真的很好 |
[40:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:54] | It’s good to be back. | 我能回来也很好 |
[41:03] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |