时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Finding Carter. | 《找寻自我》前情回顾 |
[00:09] | I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time. | 我想这样做很久了 |
[00:12] | They want to book the tour. | 他们想进行巡回宣传 |
[00:13] | 26 cities, two months. | 两个月走遍二十六个城市 |
[00:14] | I’ll call you every night. | 我会每晚都给你打电话的 |
[00:15] | I’ll answer every night. | 我也每晚都会接 |
[00:17] | The bar is not doing so great. | 酒吧生意不大好 |
[00:18] | We can charge whatever we want as cover. | 而且费用想怎么收都行 |
[00:20] | A guerilla rave. | 游击狂欢吗 |
[00:22] | We’ve already made more money tonight | 我们今晚赚的钱 |
[00:24] | than the bar usually makes in a week. | 比酒吧一周收入还多 |
[00:26] | So it’s a success? | 所以成功了吗 |
[00:27] | He blew a .16 on the breathalyzer. | 他在测定器上吹出了0.16的酒精含量 |
[00:30] | You could have killed yourself or someone else. | 你可能害死自己或者别人 |
[00:32] | I don’t need a lecture. | 我不需要人说教 |
[00:33] | Dude, she loves you. She cares about you. | 伙计 她爱你 也关心你 |
[00:36] | The social worker set up a home study visit. | 社工安排了家访考察 |
[00:38] | What a nice show of support, everyone being here. | 你们都能来真是很支持洛莉 |
[00:40] | I’ve made some mistakes lately. | 我最近犯了些错 |
[00:42] | The biggest mistake that I made | 我犯过最大的错 |
[00:42] | is not telling you how I feel about you. | 是没有告诉你我对你的感觉 |
[00:44] | I’m not 21. | 我没有二十一岁 |
[00:45] | – I’m 17. – You’re 17? | -我十七岁 -你十七岁吗 |
[00:47] | I’m still the same person. | 我还是我啊 |
[00:48] | You need to go. | 你该走了 |
[01:15] | Have you ever noticed how guys don’t take nearly as long as women | 你注意到了男人上厕所的时间 |
[01:18] | in the restroom, but they’re always finding | 不如女人长 但总能找到 |
[01:21] | creative and disgusting new ways to trash it? | 有创意和恶心的办法来尿吗 |
[01:24] | They clean? | 干净了吗 |
[01:25] | Yeah. Now. | 现在是了 |
[01:27] | Sparkling, actually. | 实际上是闪闪发光 |
[01:29] | Can you clean those tables next? | 你能清理那边的桌子吗 |
[01:31] | Stevie left early last night, they’re a mess. | 史蒂维昨晚提前走了 那边一团糟 |
[01:34] | Jared? | 贾里德 |
[01:38] | – Are we ever gonna have a real conversation again? – Carter… | -我们还会有真正的对话吗 -卡特 |
[01:40] | You’ve barely spoken to me all week. | 你一整周都没怎么对我说话 |
[01:41] | I’m treating you an employee, which you’re lucky to be. | 这是我对员工的态度 你已经算幸运了 |
[01:44] | I’m not big on being lied to. | 我被骗了时可不大度 |
[01:46] | How many more times can I apologize? | 我还要道歉多少次 |
[01:52] | Jared. | 贾里德 |
[02:05] | Wow… you do windows, too? | 你还擦窗户吗 |
[02:08] | Tell me something good. | 告诉我点好事 |
[02:09] | Uhh, banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour. | 用头撞墙 一小时可以燃烧150卡 |
[02:14] | Does Bird know? | 波德知道吗 |
[02:15] | She’s getting bored with pilates? | 她嫌普拉提无聊 |
[02:17] | So, um, we passed the home study. | 我们通过了家访 |
[02:20] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[02:21] | Yeah. I guess the social worker | 是的 我想社工 |
[02:23] | bought Lori’s whole Susie homemaker act, | 信了洛莉的家庭主妇行为 |
[02:26] | and you and David being there probably didn’t hurt, either. | 你和大卫在场也没坏处 |
[02:28] | So it’s official now? | 所以这事定了吗 |
[02:30] | You’re staying in town? | 你要留在这里 |
[02:31] | Yeah, I guess so. | 我想是的 |
[02:33] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[02:34] | Hey, less talking, more cleaning. | 少说话 多清理 |
[02:37] | – Jared, this is, uh, this is my brother. – What’s up? | -贾里德 这是我弟弟 -好啊 |
[02:40] | The candles on the front tables need to be replaced. | 前面桌子上的蜡烛要换了 |
[02:45] | Who bit him? | 谁咬了他啊 |
[02:46] | Me, apparently. | 显然是我 |
[02:49] | And, uh, not in a good way. | 而且 可不是以好的方式 |
[03:13] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[03:43] | Are you seriously pulling one of your scams here? | 你真的要在这里搞鬼吗 |
[03:45] | Okay, relax. | 放松 |
[03:47] | I work here, Ben. | 我在这里工作 本 |
[03:48] | Do you have any idea how much this job means to me? | 你知道这工作对我来说意义有多重大吗 |
[03:50] | Leave it alone, Carter. | 别管了 卡特 |
[03:51] | You are stealing from my boss! | 你在偷我老板的东西 |
[03:53] | No, I’m not. Nothing I’m doing | 我没有 我做的事 |
[03:54] | will affect his bottom line or yours, | 不会影响到你和他的底线 |
[03:56] | – it’s a victimless crime. – Oh, don’t try and spin this | -这是无受害者犯罪 -少说得像是 |
[03:58] | like you’re not hurting anyone, | 你没有伤害别人一样 |
[03:58] | You’re taking other people’s money. | 你在拿别人的钱 |
[04:00] | It’s the bank’s money and they cover any losses, | 是银行的钱 他们补偿损失 |
[04:02] | so it’s like it never happened. | 所以就像没发生过一样 |
[04:05] | I have to tell Jared. | 我得告诉贾里德 |
[04:07] | If he finds out I knew about this | 如果他发现了我知道这事 |
[04:08] | and I didn’t tell him, I will get fired. | 却没告诉他 我会被炒的 |
[04:11] | If I were you, I would think long and hard | 如果我是你 我会在做蠢事之前 |
[04:12] | before I do anything stupid. | 多想一想 |
[04:14] | Are you seriously threatening me? | 你真的在威胁我吗 |
[04:16] | I’m saying don’t mess with me. | 我是说别惹我 |
[04:19] | Not on this. | 尤其这事 |
[04:24] | Toothbrush. | 牙刷 |
[04:25] | Packed. | 打包了 |
[04:26] | – Charger. – Right here, | -充电器 -这里 |
[04:28] | Where you put it two minutes ago. | 你两分钟前装上的 |
[04:31] | – Sorry. – Don’t be. | -抱歉 -没必要 |
[04:34] | You’re like the most adorably prepared person I’ve ever met. | 你是我见过准备时最可爱的人 |
[04:37] | My head is all over the place. | 我脑子好乱 |
[04:39] | Are you nervous about the trip? | 你担心旅行的事吗 |
[04:40] | No, it’s a great school, | 不 那学校很好 |
[04:42] | and if you go to prospective students’ weekend, | 如果你去了预期学生周末 |
[04:43] | it shows you’re really interested. | 这说明你很感兴趣 |
[04:46] | But… | 但是… |
[04:48] | I’m sort of anxious about Gabe coming. | 加布要来我有些焦虑 |
[04:52] | And I’m happy that he’s getting it together, | 我很高兴他在重整旗鼓 |
[04:55] | you know, he’s not blowing everything off, but… | 没有浑浑噩噩 但是… |
[04:58] | You’re afraid he’s going to rage all weekend. | 你怕他整个周末都会疯玩 |
[05:03] | No. | 不 |
[05:05] | No, I– | 不 我… |
[05:12] | The other day, Gabe told me that he has feelings for me. | 那天 加布告诉我他喜欢我 |
[05:17] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[05:20] | That I love you. | 我爱的是你 |
[05:22] | That’s a good answer. | 这回答不错 |
[05:24] | So you’re not upset? | 你不生气吗 |
[05:27] | No, he’s going through hard time. | 不生气 他现在不好过 |
[05:29] | We should both probably cut him some slack. | 我们没必要跟他计较 |
[05:34] | Besides, you’re awesome, so I can’t really blame him | 再说了 你这么棒 即使他喜欢你 |
[05:37] | for being into you. | 我也不能去怪他 |
[05:38] | Seriously. | 真的吗 |
[05:39] | As long as he’s the only one doing the feeling, I’m cool. | 只要是他一个人有感觉 我就没事 |
[05:43] | He is. | 是他一个人 |
[05:45] | Completely. | 完全是他一个人 |
[05:48] | Then we’re good. | 那就没事 |
[05:50] | I love that I can tell you anything. | 我喜欢能告诉你一切的感觉 |
[05:52] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[06:04] | Found a great venue downtown for the party. | 在市区找到一个开派对的好地方 |
[06:06] | It’s an old umbrella factory. | 是一家旧制伞厂 |
[06:08] | Ooh, Mary Poppins chic. | 《欢乐满人间》啊 |
[06:10] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[06:11] | Yeah, nothing says fun like umbrellas. | 没错 雨伞什么的最有趣了 |
[06:12] | Come on, hustle up, ladies. | 快点动起来 女士们 |
[06:14] | It’s all about turnover. | 营业额上去才行 |
[06:16] | I know he wants me to run point, but this is still your show. | 我知道他让我找地方 但这派对还是你的 |
[06:19] | Thanks. Means a lot. | 谢谢 意义重大 |
[06:21] | Of course. | 别客气 |
[06:33] | Wait a sec, wait. | 慢着 等一下 |
[06:35] | What are you doing? | 干什么 |
[06:37] | This looks different. | 这跟以前不一样了 |
[06:38] | Did you– did you change it or something? | 你换了还是什么吗 |
[06:40] | No. | 没有 |
[06:44] | The cord looks a little smaller. | 好像变小了 |
[06:47] | Someone much have switched it. | 肯定有人换了 |
[06:51] | How’d you spot that? | 你怎么发现的 |
[06:52] | I don’t know. I guess I’m very detail oriented. | 不知道 我可能比较注重细节吧 |
[06:55] | I guess so. | 应该是吧 |
[06:56] | You got a really good eye. | 你确实眼力好 |
[06:57] | The last thing the bar needs is | 酒吧最不希望的 |
[06:58] | for the customers to get their credit card numbers stolen. | 就是顾客的信用卡被盗刷 |
[07:02] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:23] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[07:26] | Hey, how’s it going? | 你们好吗 |
[07:27] | Good. We’re gonna have a blast. | 不错 我们肯定会玩得开心 |
[07:29] | – The three musketeers. – That’s us. | -三个火枪手 -就是我们 |
[07:33] | Don’t worry, I’ll behave. | 别担心 我会乖的 |
[07:35] | I’m not worried. | 我不担心 |
[07:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:37] | Later. | 再见 |
[07:40] | You are gonna have a really good time. | 你肯定会玩得很开心 |
[07:42] | You are right, as always. | 你一如既往的正确 |
[07:47] | See you Sunday. | 周日见 |
[07:48] | Yeah. | 好 |
[07:50] | – Love you. – Love you. | -爱你 -爱你 |
[07:54] | Shotgun. | 我坐副驾 |
[08:02] | – Hey, Ben. – Hey. | -本 -你好 |
[08:03] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[08:05] | Um, so I washed this, I just wanted to give it back to you. | 衣服我洗了 拿来还给你 |
[08:08] | Oh, thanks, you didn’t have to do that. | 谢谢 你不用这样的 |
[08:10] | Do you want something to drink? | 你要喝点什么吗 |
[08:12] | I think we have lemonade. | 家里有柠檬汁 |
[08:14] | I would love a lemonade. | 好的 |
[08:15] | So how have things been going? | 最近情况如何 |
[08:17] | Good. | 还不错 |
[08:18] | Well, honestly, it’s been hard having David away. | 说实话 大卫不在确实很不便 |
[08:22] | You know, there’s been so much change lately | 自从卡特退学后 |
[08:24] | with Carter leaving school. | 最近变化太多 |
[08:26] | Me dropping into your life. | 还有我闯进你们的生活 |
[08:28] | You’ve been a good change. | 这是好事 |
[08:29] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[08:31] | We’re just still finding our footing | 我们还在慢慢找节奏 |
[08:33] | and it’s a lot to juggle by myself. | 我自已有很多事要处理 |
[08:37] | And I can’t seem to get that man on the phone. | 而且我好像电话联系不到大卫 |
[08:40] | Have you talked to him? | 你们聊过吗 |
[08:41] | Yeah, he called me once and we texted a couple times. | 他给我打过一次电话 也发过几次短信 |
[08:45] | – So… – That’s good. | -所以 -这是好事 |
[08:46] | But he seemed, like, super slammed, so… | 但他好像非常忙 所以… |
[08:49] | Oh, we’re renovating the basement. | 我们在整修地下室 |
[08:51] | Max is doing it. | 是麦克斯在弄 |
[08:52] | I just wanted a place where the kids could bring their friends | 我就是想腾个地方出来 好让孩子们 |
[08:54] | and hang out, you know, away from parental eyes. | 可以带朋友一起来玩 远离父母的监视 |
[09:00] | You know, they’re lucky to have such a cool mom. | 有你这么酷的妈妈他们真幸运 |
[09:02] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 真的吗 |
[09:04] | No, really, I mean, I don’t know many parents who would be cool | 真的 没有多少父母会让 |
[09:06] | with their teenage daughter dropping out of school, | 未成年的女儿退学 |
[09:08] | I mean, you know, let alone working at a bar. | 更别说在酒吧工作了 |
[09:12] | Yeah, we’ve always tried to give her a pretty long leash. | 是 我们尽可能给她自由 |
[09:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:40] | From before. | 之前的事 |
[09:41] | Most employees wouldn’t have noticed it and hell, I didn’t. | 大多数员工不会注意到 我也没有 |
[09:46] | Well, guess I’m not most employees. | 我不属于那大多数吧 |
[09:53] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[10:07] | How long have you been working here? | 你在这里工作多久了 |
[10:10] | – Not long. – Why didn’t you tell me? | -不久 -你为什么不告诉我 |
[10:12] | Ben mentioned it like it was common knowledge. | 本说的样子 像是除了我大家都知道 |
[10:14] | – Ben did? – Yes. | -本说的吗 -是 |
[10:16] | I felt like an idiot. | 我感觉自己像个白痴 |
[10:20] | Well, I’m still kind of on trial, | 我还在试用期 |
[10:21] | I didn’t want to say anything until I was permanent. | 想等确定之后再告诉你 |
[10:23] | Well, so much for that plan. | 你的计划到此为止了 |
[10:24] | Do you have any idea how old she is? | 你知道她多大吗 |
[10:26] | – Yes, he does. – I do. | -他知道 -我知道 |
[10:28] | And she happens to be the best employee that I have. | 而且她是这里最棒的员工 |
[10:29] | I’m glad to hear that. | 听到这个我很高兴 |
[10:31] | That doesn’t change the fact that she’s 17 years old. | 但也改变不了她才十七岁的事实 |
[10:33] | Mom, stop it. | 妈妈 别说了 |
[10:35] | – Look… – What kind of a place is this? | -听我说 -这是个什么地方 |
[10:37] | He didn’t know about it until, like, a week ago. | 他也是一周前才知道的 |
[10:41] | – That’s true. – How is that possible? | -是真的 -怎么可能 |
[10:43] | He thought I was 21 when I applied for the job. | 我申请工作时他以为我二十一岁 |
[10:46] | And why would he think that? | 他为什么这么以为 |
[10:48] | Because I have an ID that says I’m 21. | 因为我身份证上写着二十一岁 |
[10:55] | Oh, my God, there are tons of activities, lectures. | 天啊 好多活动 讲座 |
[10:58] | How are we gonna choose? | 要怎么选啊 |
[10:59] | I’m planning to focus on quarters and keg stands. | 我计划主要待在屋里喝喝酒 |
[11:02] | – Ah, I’ve trained you well, my son. – You know it. | -爹把你教得不错 儿子 -必须的 |
[11:06] | Me, on the other hand, gonna keep it mellow. | 不过我呢 就温柔一点 |
[11:08] | I need to stay on the straight and narrow. | 我打算中规中矩 |
[11:10] | I’m not trying to be a buzz kill. | 不是我扫兴 |
[11:12] | I may really want to go there. | 我或许真想去那上学 |
[11:13] | I hear you. Message received. | 我懂了 理解你的意思了 |
[11:17] | I won’t screw it up, I promise. | 我不会搞砸的 我保证 |
[11:19] | While you two are majoring in good behavior, | 那你们就好好表现吧 |
[11:21] | I’ll be rebranding myself. | 我要重塑形象 |
[11:23] | What does that even mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:24] | No one at the u knows me. | 大学里的人不认识我 |
[11:26] | So I can be whoever I want. | 所以我想怎样就怎样 |
[11:27] | I get it, you’re gonna pretend that you’re cool. | 我明白了 你想假装自己很酷 |
[11:29] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:30] | I’ve waited my whole life to be a badass. | 我一直就很想当小流氓 |
[11:34] | I cannot wait to see that. | 很期待看到那一天 |
[11:36] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[11:37] | Mr. Badass… Welcome to school. | 流氓先生 欢迎上学 |
[11:40] | I don’t know what’s more impressive, | 我都不知道该从哪说起了 |
[11:42] | the quality of this fake ID, | 是这个假身份证的质量呢 |
[11:44] | or the depths to which you’ve deceived me. | 还是你蔑视我的程度 |
[11:45] | – Mom, would you please– – No, against my better judgment, | -妈 别这样 -我当初本来不想这样 |
[11:47] | I let you drop out of school and then I find out | 但还是让你退了学 |
[11:49] | that you have been lying to me ever since? | 可你却一直在骗我 |
[11:52] | I have half a mind to call the Liquor Board | 我很想打给酒管局 |
[11:53] | and shut that place down. | 把那家酒吧关了 |
[11:54] | Mom, you can’t punish the bar. | 妈 你不能怪酒吧 |
[11:56] | If you couldn’t tell my ID was fake, how are they supposed to? | 你都看不出身份证是假的 他们怎么能 |
[11:58] | You’re walking on thin ice already. | 你已经在玩火了 |
[12:00] | I’d be careful. | 建议你小心点 |
[12:02] | Okay, I wanted to tell you a million times, | 我有好多次都想告诉你 |
[12:04] | but I knew you would react like this. | 但我知道你会是这个反应 |
[12:06] | Thank you for the vote of confidence. | 谢谢你这么鼓励我 |
[12:08] | Was I wrong? | 我想错了吗 |
[12:09] | – Don’t you think it’s a little hypocritical? – Excuse me? | -你不觉得你自己很假吗 -你说什么 |
[12:12] | You had absolutely no problem with Gabe drunk driving | 加布醉驾 撞车 |
[12:14] | and crashing his car, | 你都没生气 |
[12:16] | but I’m earning an honest living not hurting anyone | 我在努力赚钱 没打扰到任何人 |
[12:18] | and you want to throw the book at me? | 你却要惩罚我 |
[12:19] | First of all, I did have a problem with that, | 首先 加布的事我生气了 |
[12:21] | and second of all, that’s entirely different. | 其次 这是两码事 |
[12:23] | Really? Because it looks pretty much the same | 是吗 可在我看来 |
[12:25] | from where I’m standing. | 没什么区别 |
[12:26] | Where did you get this ID? | 你这个身份证哪里来的 |
[12:28] | I don’t know, I’ve had it for ages. | 不知道 拿着好几年了 |
[12:29] | How am I supposed to trust you, Carter, if you keep lying to me? | 我怎么信你 卡特 你总是在骗我 |
[12:33] | Maybe I wouldn’t have to keep lying to you | 如果你稍微给我点信任 |
[12:34] | if you had just a little bit of faith in me. | 我就不用总是骗你了 |
[12:37] | No, no, no, don’t turn this on me. | 不 别怪在我身上 |
[12:39] | Mom, I love working in that bar. | 妈妈 我喜欢在那里上班 |
[12:42] | There’s plenty of legal jobs that you can get. | 你能找到很多合法的工作 |
[12:45] | Do you really see me working in some office job somewhere? | 你觉得我适合坐在办公室当文员吗 |
[12:47] | You’re acting like you don’t even know me. | 你难道是才认识我吗 |
[12:48] | Look, you know why? | 你知道吗 |
[12:49] | It’s hard to get to know you when you don’t let me in. | 你不敞开心扉 我怎么认识你 |
[12:52] | I don’t want you working there anymore. | 我不希望你继续在那工作 |
[12:57] | Well, that is not your call. | 这可由不得你 |
[13:01] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[13:01] | I’m so tired of you trying to run interference. | 我受够了你这样多管闲事 |
[13:05] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾好自己 |
[13:12] | What percent of students take a semester abroad? | 出国留学的学生比例大概是多少 |
[13:15] | I’m not sure the exact number. | 具体数字我也不确定 |
[13:16] | Maybe a third of the juniors? | 大三学生的三分之一吧 |
[13:17] | Still thinking about going to Paris? | 你还想着去巴黎吗 |
[13:19] | I’m surprised you remember that. | 你居然还记得 |
[13:20] | I have a good memory when I want to. | 我用心的时候记性还不错 |
[13:22] | You know, it’s really starting to hit. | 我现在开始感觉到了 |
[13:24] | Going to college means leaving home. | 去大学就代表离开家 |
[13:27] | I don’t think I’m ready to leave my family, leave Max. | 我似乎还没准备好离开家人 离开麦克斯 |
[13:31] | It’s still a year away. | 还有一年呢 |
[13:31] | I mean, plenty of time to get used to the idea. | 多的是时间适应 |
[13:35] | I must sound pretty stupid. | 我这语气一定很蠢 |
[13:37] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[13:38] | I don’t even know if I want to go to college. | 我都不知道自己想不想上大学 |
[13:39] | It’s just something my dad assumed that I’d do. | 我爸爸一直觉得我应该上 |
[13:41] | Well, you’re here now. | 可你来参观了 |
[13:43] | I thought this weekend would help me make up my mind. | 我想利用这个周末好好做决定 |
[13:45] | So what’s the verdict? | 结果呢 |
[13:47] | Ask me on Sunday. | 周日再问我吧 |
[13:49] | I’m from a small village outside of london. | 我来自伦敦市外的一个小村庄 |
[13:51] | In my spare time, I play in a band. | 闲暇时 会玩乐队 |
[13:53] | So cool. | 真帅 |
[13:54] | What instrument? | 你玩什么乐器 |
[13:56] | The guitar. | 吉他 |
[13:58] | Hey, how’s the track team? | 田径队如何 |
[13:59] | It’s good. | 很好 |
[14:01] | The star sprinter’s graduating, | 短跑明星队员要毕业了 |
[14:02] | so they’re looking to rebuild. | 他们打算再招点人 |
[14:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:04] | – You run? – Uh, a little, yeah. | -你跑步吗 -稍微跑一点 |
[14:07] | Oh, he’s being modest. | 他太谦虚了 |
[14:08] | He’s very good. | 他很厉害 |
[14:10] | Well, I can take you by the field later. | 回头我可以带你去运动场 |
[14:12] | Talk to the coach. | 跟教练聊聊 |
[14:13] | That’d be great. | 那就太好了 |
[14:16] | All right, everybody. That’s it for the tour. | 各位 介绍就到这里 |
[14:18] | Enjoy your visit. | 请继续参观吧 |
[14:22] | Hey, so there’s a party tomorrow in my fraternity– psi rho. | 明天我在的兄弟会要举办派对 |
[14:25] | You guys should stop by. | 你们应该来看看 |
[14:26] | Yeah, we’ll be there. | 我们会去的 |
[14:29] | Great. | 太好了 |
[14:30] | Thanks, Ned. | 谢谢 奈德 |
[14:32] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[14:34] | It wouldn’t be an authentic college weekend | 要是不参加派对 |
[14:36] | without a frat party, right? | 还算什么大学 |
[14:48] | I can’t believe you told my mom I was working at Magic Hour. | 你居然告诉我妈我在魔幻时光酒吧工作 |
[14:52] | I warned you not to mess with me. | 我警告过你别惹我 |
[14:53] | That was me protecting my job, not screwing you over. | 那是为了保护我的工作 不是为了搞垮你 |
[14:56] | It’s the same thing. | 一样性质 |
[14:58] | No, Ben, I would have never ratted you out like that. | 不 本 我是绝对不会出卖你的 |
[15:00] | All I did was tell him the machine looked different, | 我只告诉他 刷卡机不对劲 |
[15:02] | I didn’t say anything about you. | 完全没提到过你 |
[15:04] | Okay, good, ’cause you don’t know anything about me | 那就好 因为你对我一无所知 |
[15:06] | or why I do what I do. | 更不知道我这么做的原因 |
[15:07] | Okay, well, then you know what, Ben? | 那你猜这么着 本 |
[15:09] | Explain it to me. I have all night. | 解释给我听啊 我有一整晚的时间 |
[15:11] | It’s none of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[15:15] | My mom was all over me about where I got my ID from | 我妈一直在追问我 身份证是哪弄来的 |
[15:18] | and I didn’t tell her that was you, either. | 我也没说是你弄来的 |
[15:19] | Okay, well, that’s your choice. | 那是你的选择 |
[15:23] | You know what? You’re not the only person with problems, Ben. | 你不是唯一一个有烦心事的人 本 |
[15:27] | I’m trying to figure out what the hell my life is, | 我想知道我的生活到底是怎么回事 |
[15:30] | and it’s not gonna get any easier now | 但是我妈这样紧逼着我 |
[15:31] | with my mom breathing down my neck. | 我的生活不会好到哪去 |
[15:36] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[15:37] | You’re really not gonna tell me what you’re up to | 如果你真不打算说你到底要干什么 |
[15:39] | then I am done covering for you. | 我也不会再帮你掩饰了 |
[15:42] | Seriously, from now on, you’re on your own. | 说真的 从现在起 你自己搞定 |
[15:49] | Hey, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[15:53] | Have you spoken to mom? | 你和妈妈谈过了吗 |
[15:54] | No, I just got out of a reading. What’s up? | 没 我从读书会回来 怎么了 |
[15:57] | So I got this job waitressing at a bar. | 我在酒吧找了一份服务生的工作 |
[16:00] | A bar? | 酒吧吗 |
[16:02] | Let me guess. Mom’s not that thrilled about it. | 我猜猜 妈妈很不高兴吧 |
[16:05] | She wants me to quit. | 她想我辞掉 |
[16:07] | But Dad, I’m doing really well there | 但是老爸 我在那做得很好 |
[16:10] | and for the first time in a really long time, | 而且这么久以来 我第一次 |
[16:12] | I’m actually happy. | 真正的感到开心 |
[16:14] | But she wants me to stay a kid forever. | 但是她希望我永远做个小孩子 |
[16:17] | All parents want that on some level. | 家长或多或少都希望这样 |
[16:19] | Your mom’s no different. | 你妈妈也一样 |
[16:20] | Okay, but there’s a difference between being protective | 好吧 但是保护我跟让我窒息 |
[16:22] | and smothering me. | 是有区别的 |
[16:24] | All right, I’ll talk to her. Let me get her side of it. | 我会和她谈谈 听听她的想法 |
[16:25] | Maybe there’s a compromise. | 也许可以妥协 |
[16:27] | How’s everything else? | 你怎么样 |
[16:29] | Fine, yeah. | 还行 |
[16:32] | Ben and Lori passed the home study. | 本和洛莉的家访通过了 |
[16:34] | What? | 什么 |
[16:35] | – That’s great. – Yeah. | -太好了 -是啊 |
[16:37] | Apparently, the social worker was very impressed | 显然我们俩的出现给社工 |
[16:39] | that both of us were there. | 留下了好印象 |
[16:40] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[16:42] | I’m so relieved. | 那我就放心了 |
[16:43] | I’ve been on pins and needles waiting to hear. | 我一直如坐针毡 等着这个消息 |
[16:54] | Thought maybe you needed a hand. | 我想你也许需要帮忙 |
[16:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:57] | Have at it. | 来吧 |
[16:59] | Oh, wait. Safety first. | 等等 安全第一 |
[17:10] | Watch yourself. | 当心点 |
[17:12] | No need. | 没必要 |
[17:15] | Sounds like Taylor’s having fun. | 泰勒好像挺开心 |
[17:17] | Yeah, she’s been texting me pictures, it’s really pretty. | 是的 她在给我发照片 真的很漂亮 |
[17:19] | Yeah. And I like that it’s so close to home. | 是 我很高兴那离家很近 |
[17:21] | I mean, I would never say no to Stanford, | 虽然去斯坦福我也支持 |
[17:23] | but I love the idea that it’s only a few hours away. | 但离家只有几小时的路真不错 |
[17:27] | It’s weird, though. | 不过 有点奇怪 |
[17:27] | A few hours away feels a lot further than I thought. | 几小时的路也比我想的要远 |
[17:31] | Sometimes, you can be in the same room as another person | 有时 你和人同在一个房间里 |
[17:33] | and feel 1,000 miles apart. | 却感觉有千里之遥 |
[17:37] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[17:38] | Taylor is gonna be back before you know it. Here. | 泰勒很快就会回来的 给 |
[17:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:44] | You know, Gabe went with her and Damon. | 加布跟她和达蒙一起去了那里 |
[17:49] | That’s good, actually. | 其实那样也好 |
[17:52] | Gabe, he hasn’t seemed like he’s cared about school for a while. | 加布不在乎学业已经有段时间了 |
[17:55] | He cares about Taylor. | 他在乎泰勒 |
[17:57] | And she loves you. | 但是她爱你 |
[18:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:02] | What city is David in right now? | 大卫现在哪个城市 |
[18:05] | That’s a good question. | 问得好 |
[18:06] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[18:08] | His communication skills have been a bit lax lately. | 最近他的交流有些松懈 |
[18:18] | – What the hell? – Ooh, we hit a pipe, hit a pipe. | -怎么回事 -敲到水管了 |
[18:20] | Uh, you know where the water shutoff valve is? | 你知道水阀在哪吗 |
[18:22] | No, David always takes care of this stuff. | 不知道 一直都是大卫管的 |
[18:31] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[18:32] | Look, I have the best idea for the party. | 对于那个聚会 我有个超棒的主意 |
[18:34] | My girl’s a genius. | 她就是个天才 |
[18:36] | You should see this mural that she did at my place. | 你应该看看她在我家画的壁画 |
[18:38] | It belongs in a museum. | 应该挂在博物馆里 |
[18:39] | Well, it helps when you have the most amazing muse. | 那是因为你这个缪斯当得好 |
[18:41] | Oh, baby, you’re your own inspiration. | 宝贝 你就是自己的缪斯 |
[18:43] | So what’s the great idea? | 是什么超棒的主意 |
[18:44] | I’m gonna be hanging thrift store umbrellas from the ceiling, | 我要在天花板上挂些旧雨伞 |
[18:46] | – light them up and strobe it. – I love it. | -装上闪光灯点亮 -我喜欢 |
[18:48] | You can go all new wave with the music, alternative ’80s. | 可以放新浪潮音乐 穿插八十年代歌曲 |
[18:51] | Did Stevie get a guy lined up for the front door yet? | 史蒂维找了保镖负责入口没 |
[18:53] | Oh, that’s on my list. | 我写下来了 |
[18:54] | Good– we wouldn’t want anyone’s mommy | 很好 可别让任何人的妈妈 |
[18:56] | to come crash the party, would we? | 来毁了这个派对 |
[19:02] | Tension much? | 关系紧张吗 |
[19:05] | Nothing I can’t handle. | 我还能应付 |
[19:19] | See? | 瞧 |
[19:20] | – Aren’t you glad you came? – Yeah. | -来了不是很开心吗 -高兴 |
[19:22] | It feels like forever since we just hung out. | 我们上次出去玩到现在 感觉很久了 |
[19:24] | Look, I know I haven’t been easy to be around lately. | 我知道我最近脾气不太好 |
[19:28] | I miss my dad and all, but it’s getting easier every day. | 我想我老爸 但是每天都会好过点 |
[19:32] | Well, I’m glad. | 我很开心 |
[19:36] | I couldn’t have gotten through it without you. | 没有你 我就无法熬过去 |
[19:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:40] | Friends forever. | 永远是朋友 |
[19:41] | Friends forever. | 永远是朋友 |
[19:46] | Oh, my God, what is he doing? | 天呐 他在干什么 |
[19:50] | Only one way to find out, huh? | 只有一个办法知道 |
[19:51] | There’s nothing like catching some serious air. | 没什么比在大自然更棒的了 |
[19:54] | You’re all alone, surrounded by mountains and snow. | 你一个人 被群山和白雪环绕 |
[19:56] | Yeah, snowboarding rules. | 没错 滑雪很好玩 |
[19:58] | Oh, hey, can you do a 360? | 你会360度转体吗 |
[19:59] | – In my sleep. – That’s amazing. | -闭着眼都行 -真厉害 |
[20:02] | You should see his signature jump. | 你该看看他的标志性跳跃 |
[20:04] | Oh, the Damonator. | “达蒙终结跳” |
[20:07] | What’s that? Uh… | 那是什么 |
[20:08] | Tell her, man. | 告诉她啊 |
[20:10] | Yeah, it’s where you– | 是你… |
[20:11] | you start off facing backwards. | 你背对着前方 |
[20:15] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[20:16] | Mm-hmm, oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[20:16] | So you go into the jump completely blind | 不看雪道 直接起跳 |
[20:19] | and then you do a 540, | 然后转身540度 |
[20:21] | and you land right. | 正面落地 |
[20:22] | You’re a madman. | 你真疯狂 |
[20:27] | I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t been here. | 你要不在 我真不知道怎么办 |
[20:30] | – Turn it into an indoor pool. – Grant would have liked that. | -把这变成室内泳池 -格兰特肯定喜欢 |
[20:34] | Here you go. | 给 |
[20:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:37] | Just feel like I can’t do anything right these days. | 我总感觉最近什么事都干不好 |
[20:41] | It’s just a broken pipe. | 只是裂了根水管而已 |
[20:42] | We can fix it. | 能修好的 |
[20:42] | It’s not just the pipe, Max. | 不只是水管 麦克斯 |
[20:45] | Carter, she, uh… | 卡特 她… |
[20:47] | doesn’t trust me enough to tell me what she’s up to. | 不够信任我 不愿说自己想干什么 |
[20:52] | We’re barely speaking. | 我们很少说话 |
[20:54] | Well, she’s pushing her limits, you know, that’s what she does. | 她是在逼自己自强 她就是这样 |
[20:57] | I just feel like I’m banging my head against a wall | 我想进入她内心 却被撞得 |
[20:59] | trying to get through to her. | 头破血流 |
[21:02] | You can’t take that personally. | 她不是针对你 |
[21:04] | I know that intellectually. | 理智上我明白 |
[21:07] | Believe it or not, I was once her age. | 不管你信不信 我也这么大过 |
[21:11] | You think you know everything, but you don’t. | 自以为知道了一切 其实不然 |
[21:15] | She wants to find her own path. | 她想找到自己的路 |
[21:18] | Make it or break it on her terms. | 自己去探索 |
[21:19] | That’s why I let her drop out of school. | 所以我才同意她退学 |
[21:23] | But this is what she wants to do with her life, Max? | 但她就甘心一辈子这样吗 麦克斯 |
[21:26] | Work illegally in some bar? | 在某个酒吧非法工作 |
[21:30] | I always feel like I’m failing her. | 我总觉得自己让她失望了 |
[21:36] | It’s hard to feel like mother of the year | 孩子这样 妈妈又怎么 |
[21:37] | with that kind of outcome. | 值得骄傲呢 |
[21:45] | – Here you go. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[21:48] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[21:51] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[21:53] | Well, he’s an idiot if he doesn’t see how fabulous you are. | 是他自己蠢 看不见你的好 |
[21:57] | So… | 话说… |
[21:58] | you and Seth seem cozy. | 你和塞斯不错嘛 |
[22:00] | Beyond. | 岂止是不错 |
[22:02] | He’s ridiculously perfect. | 他太完美了 |
[22:03] | I’m really happy for you. | 我真替你高兴 |
[22:05] | We lost the umbrella factory. | 制伞厂不能用了 |
[22:06] | What? | 什么 |
[22:07] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 怎么了 |
[22:09] | The EPA declared it a toxic playground. | 环保局说那片区域有毒 |
[22:11] | That’s why it was empty. | 所以那里才没人去 |
[22:12] | I was gonna make it crazy beautiful, too. | 我还准备把那画的美美的 |
[22:15] | It’s okay, it’s okay. | 没事 没事的 |
[22:16] | The party’s not for three more days, | 离派对还有三天 |
[22:17] | we’ll figure something out. | 我们会有办法的 |
[22:18] | No, we’re not gonna be able to lock down another venue. | 不 找不到其他地方了 |
[22:20] | If we pull the plug now, we can cut our losses. | 如果现在取消 还能止损 |
[22:23] | You’re just gonna give up? | 你就这么放弃吗 |
[22:25] | Look, this isn’t personal, Carter. | 我不是针对你 卡特 |
[22:27] | I’m trying to make a smart business decision. | 我是为了生意着想 |
[22:33] | Jared. | 贾里德 |
[22:35] | This isn’t just about you, Jared. | 这不光是你的事 贾里德 |
[22:37] | All of us have put a lot of time and effort into this party. | 大家都花了那么多时间和心血在这派对上 |
[22:39] | But the bottom line has my name on it. | 但为它负责的是我 |
[22:41] | Right, so I guess you’re the one who needs it the most, then. | 没错 所以你也是最需要它的 |
[22:44] | Look, the money from the parties is the only thing | 办派对赚钱是维持酒吧 |
[22:46] | between keeping the lights on in this place | 继续营业的 |
[22:47] | and shutting the door for good. | 唯一办法 |
[22:49] | You just don’t quit, do you? | 你就是不放弃 是吗 |
[22:50] | Nope. | 没错 |
[22:51] | Okay, then what is your solution? | 好吧 那你有什么办法 |
[22:52] | I don’t have one. | 我没有 |
[22:53] | But I will find one. | 但我会想到的 |
[22:55] | You better find it fast, because if you don’t have a venue | 你最好快想 因为如果今晚结束 |
[22:56] | by tonight, the parties are over. | 你还没办法 派对就取消 |
[23:03] | I still remeber my mother’s face when she found out | 我还记得妈妈发现我在爵士俱乐部 |
[23:05] | I was waitressing at a jazz club. | 当服务员时脸上的表情 |
[23:08] | How old were you? | 当时你多大 |
[23:09] | 17. | 十七岁 |
[23:11] | By my mother’s reaction, you would have thought | 看她的反应 你会以为 |
[23:12] | that I was working as a drug mule. | 我是在运毒 |
[23:15] | Joan seems like she would roll with anything, though. | 琼看起来不像在乎这些事的人 |
[23:17] | Oh, well, back then, she was more tightly wound. | 以前 她也在乎过 |
[23:19] | She kept calling the club a speakeasy. | 还说那俱乐部是非法经营 |
[23:23] | It’s kind of ironic, though, right? | 现在想想有些讽刺啊 |
[23:24] | Yeah, it’s really ironic. | 是的 很讽刺 |
[23:27] | The hardest part about having children, Max, | 养孩子最难的一点 麦克斯 |
[23:30] | is that you want to help them | 就是你想帮他们 |
[23:31] | avoid making the same stupid mistakes that you made | 避开自己以前干过的傻事 |
[23:34] | and still letting them find their own way. | 又依然能让他们受到磨练 |
[23:37] | I mean, I think that’s true of all relationships, though. | 我觉得这在所有感情关系里都适用 |
[23:44] | This weekend has been hard enough. | 这周末已经够难熬了 |
[23:46] | I have no idea what’s gonna happen with Taylor | 我不敢想象泰勒真上了大学 |
[23:48] | goes to college for real. | 会发生什么 |
[23:49] | Taylor loves you. | 泰勒爱你 |
[23:51] | And I trust her completely. | 我也完全信任她 |
[23:53] | Gabe, on the other hand… | 反而是加布… |
[23:55] | She can handle Gabe. | 她能应付加布 |
[23:56] | She’s had plenty of practice. | 她的经验丰富 |
[23:58] | Yeah, I guess. | 我想是的 |
[23:59] | You have nothing to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[24:01] | Taylor and Gabe, they’re, like, best friends, | 泰勒和加布 他们是密友 |
[24:03] | like you and Carter. | 就像你和卡特 |
[24:06] | We’re so different, though. | 我们两个很不一样 |
[24:07] | That’s why you work, ’cause you complement each other. | 所以你们才合得来 因为你们互补 |
[24:11] | Still. I wonder… | 可我还是会想 |
[24:14] | …if she would be better off with someone | 她如果跟个更相似的人在一起 |
[24:16] | she had more in common with. | 会不会更好 |
[24:18] | I might not know the difference between a monkey wrench | 我或许不知道活动扳手 |
[24:23] | and a crescent wrench, but I do know my daughter, | 和月牙扳手的差别 但我了解我的女儿 |
[24:28] | and you make her incredibly happy. | 你让她很幸福 |
[24:36] | I had no idea the campus was so beautiful. | 我都不知道学校这么漂亮 |
[24:39] | Yeah, the website doesn’t give you the full vibe. | 对 网站没法给你完整的氛围 |
[24:41] | You kind of have to experience it I-R-L. | 你得自己来现实体验 |
[24:45] | Can you see yourself going to school here, though? | 你会考虑来这里上学吗 |
[24:46] | Oh, definitely. | 当然 |
[24:48] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[24:52] | Let me get you a refill. | 我再帮你倒一杯 |
[24:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:01] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[25:03] | Look. | 你看 |
[25:04] | I get that you are still pissed, | 我知道你还在生气 |
[25:05] | but you have got to find a way to move past this. | 但你得想个办法翻篇 |
[25:07] | Yeah, why is that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[25:09] | Because I am damn good at my job, Jared. | 因为这工作我干得很好 贾里德 |
[25:12] | And where you like to admit it or not, you kind of like me. | 而且不管你愿不愿承认 你是喜欢我的 |
[25:17] | Because you’re so irresistible. | 因为你无法抗拒 |
[25:20] | You said it. | 是你说的哦 |
[25:22] | You’re okay. | 你还不错吧 |
[25:24] | No, actually, I’m fantastic. | 不 我是非常好 |
[25:27] | I just found us another venue for the party. | 我才找到了另一个派对场地 |
[25:30] | It’s an abandoned drive-in around seven miles out of town. | 是城外七英里的一间废弃汽车电影院 |
[25:33] | The Star Shine? Yeah, I used to go there back in the day. | 星光影院吗 我以前去过 |
[25:35] | There’s a ton of parking and there’s no one around for miles | 那里全是停车位 周围也很荒 |
[25:38] | so you don’t have to worry about noise. | 所以不用怕扰民 |
[25:40] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[25:42] | Pulling another rabbit out of your hat. | 又开始施展魔力了 |
[25:45] | I might have to stop underestimating you. | 我或许不该再低估你了 |
[25:48] | Yeah, you really might. | 没错 |
[25:52] | David, it’s me again. | 大卫 又是我 |
[25:54] | I really need to talk to you. | 我真的要跟你聊聊 |
[26:01] | Still trying to decide if I want to go to a big university | 我还在决定到底是去大学 |
[26:04] | or a smaller college. | 还是小型学院 |
[26:06] | I mean, I’m number one in my class, so I should have choices. | 毕竟我是班里第一名 选择很多 |
[26:08] | If you’re number one in your class, then I’m Nicki Minaj. | 如果你是第一 我就是麻辣鸡 |
[26:11] | It’s the truth. | 真的 |
[26:12] | You can ask anyone. | 随你问谁 |
[26:13] | Look, we all go on these weekends | 我们这几个周末 |
[26:14] | and pretend like we’re more than we are, | 都会装腔作势的 |
[26:16] | but you can be honest with me. | 但你能跟我说实话 |
[26:17] | Hey, have you seen Taylor? | 你见到泰勒了吗 |
[26:18] | Gabe, tell her I’m number one in our class. | 加布 告诉她我是班里第一名 |
[26:20] | Yeah, he is. | 没错 他是 |
[26:22] | Have you? Seen her? | 你看见她了吗 |
[26:24] | Yeah, she was talking to that tour guide. | 她之前在跟校园向导聊天 |
[26:26] | That was a while ago. | 挺久之前了 |
[26:28] | It’s not like her just to take off without saying something. | 她不会不打招呼就走的 |
[26:31] | Maybe she went to a seminar on overachieving. | 或许她跑去听讲座了 |
[26:34] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[26:39] | Right in here. | 就在这 |
[26:42] | My legs feel all gummy. | 我腿好软啊 |
[26:52] | Where are we? | 我们在哪 |
[26:55] | Where’s Damon and Gabe. | 达蒙和加布呢 |
[26:58] | You should lie down. | 你该躺下来 |
[26:59] | You’ll feel much better. | 感觉会好些 |
[27:02] | No, let’s just go back. | 不 我们下楼吧 |
[27:03] | Let’s get you in bed. | 我扶你到床上 |
[27:05] | I want to call Max. | 我想打电话给麦克斯 |
[27:08] | You’re gonna have a much better time if you follow my lead. | 你要是听我的 会舒服很多 |
[27:14] | Stop fighting me! | 别打我了 |
[27:31] | I don’t feel good. | 我好难受 |
[27:33] | – I want to sleep. – Don’t you ever shut up? | -我想睡觉 -你能闭嘴吗 |
[27:36] | Taylor! | 泰勒 |
[27:47] | I heard your conversation with your dad this morning, | 我早上听见你和爸爸打电话 |
[27:49] | all of it. | 都听见了 |
[27:51] | And Carter, you can’t do that. | 卡特 你不能这样 |
[27:52] | You can’t play both sides to the middle, it’s not fair. | 不能这么两头骗 这不公平 |
[27:55] | Okay, let me just explain what I was– | 好吧 你听我解释… |
[27:56] | It’s not just that. | 不光是这个 |
[27:57] | You both have been lying to me. | 你们两个都在骗我 |
[28:00] | How many times have you been at Lori’s? | 你去过洛莉家多少次了 |
[28:03] | Just the once. | 就这一次 |
[28:04] | And it was only to help Ben. | 只是为了帮助本 |
[28:09] | You’re looking at me in the eye | 你在看着我的眼睛 |
[28:10] | and I still don’t know if you’re telling me the truth. | 我却不知道你说的是不是真话 |
[28:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:17] | I am, and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before. | 我是的 抱歉我之前没告诉你 |
[28:20] | I’m sorry, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[28:23] | But I am tired of being on the losing side. | 但我受够和你争吵了 |
[28:25] | So Carter, work at the bar. | 卡特 去酒吧上班吧 |
[28:29] | Do what you want. | 爱干什么随你 |
[28:30] | Clearly, you will anyway. | 很显然 你终归会去的 |
[28:33] | Mom, wait. | 妈妈 等等 |
[28:35] | I don’t want to fight with you. | 我不想跟你吵架 |
[28:38] | Neither do I. | 我也不想 |
[28:39] | Look, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about my job, | 抱歉我没告诉你工作的事 |
[28:41] | I know I should have. | 我知道我该说 |
[28:44] | It means the world to me that you’re letting me keep it. | 你让我继续上 我真的很感谢 |
[28:49] | Things are hard enough with your dad away. | 你爸爸不在 日子已经够难了 |
[28:52] | I need to know that I can trust you. | 我要知道可以相信你 |
[28:54] | You can, I promise. | 你可以的 我保证 |
[28:57] | Look… | 这样吧 |
[28:59] | From now on, I will be an open book. | 现在开始 我什么都告诉你 |
[29:01] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[29:02] | Which is why I’m going to tell you that I need to get to work. | 所以我要告诉你 我得去上班了 |
[29:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:09] | But, um… | 但是… |
[29:11] | you might want to switch out your heels for sneakers. | 你最好把高跟鞋换成运动鞋 |
[29:14] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[29:15] | No, your feet will thank you for it. | 不 你的脚会感谢你的 |
[29:16] | Bye, Mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[29:18] | Bye. | 再见 |
[29:26] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
[29:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:28] | – Just stay with her, all right? – Yeah, sure. | -陪着她 好吗 -好的 |
[29:31] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[29:32] | Just do what I’m asking. I’ll be back in a minute. | 照我说的做 我马上就回来 |
[29:41] | Just give us a minute. | 给我们一分钟 |
[29:43] | Dude! | 伙计 |
[29:45] | – What’s your deal? – My deal is you’re a scumbag. | -你干什么 -你这个混账 |
[29:49] | That was for me. | 这拳是为我 |
[29:51] | That was for Taylor. | 这拳是为泰勒 |
[29:55] | Maybe next time you’ll think twice | 或许下次下药前 |
[29:56] | about drugging somebody, you freak. | 你该好好想想 变态 |
[30:09] | I thought you already left. | 我以为你已经走了 |
[30:11] | I don’t really have anywhere I need to be. | 我也没什么地方要去 |
[30:13] | Yeah. I know the feeling. | 是 我知道这感觉 |
[30:17] | Thanks again for today. | 再次谢谢你今天帮我 |
[30:18] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[30:20] | No big deal. | 举手之劳 |
[30:21] | Well, it is to me. | 对我可是大忙 |
[30:22] | You know, broken pipe aside. | 不说敲坏了水管 |
[30:24] | I think we make a pretty good team. | 我们合作的还是挺好 |
[30:25] | Yeah, me too. | 我也觉得 |
[30:27] | I think you have a serious future in demolition. | 我们这拆迁小队挺有前途 |
[30:30] | Yeah, you know, if this cop stuff doesn’t work out. | 没错 如果我干不下去警察了 |
[30:35] | What’s the latest on Taylor? | 泰勒联系你了吗 |
[30:38] | She’s been really quiet, | 没有 |
[30:40] | so I’m guessing that means she’s having a really great time. | 我猜她应该玩得挺高兴 |
[30:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:45] | But you’re not convinced. | 但你不高兴 |
[30:46] | No, I’m being a little ridiculous. | 不 是我小心眼了 |
[30:48] | Or human. | 人之常情 |
[30:49] | Is there a cure for that? | 有办法能开心吗 |
[30:50] | Yes, it says right here. | 当然 这里就写了 |
[30:52] | Kung pow works wonders. | 宫保鸡丁有奇效 |
[30:55] | The universe provides. | 上帝的恩赐 |
[31:03] | Bouncer nailed down for the party. | 派对的保安找好了 |
[31:04] | Oh, and I ordered a backup generator. | 我还订了个备用发电机 |
[31:07] | Don’t want a repeat of last time. | 上次那事别再来了 |
[31:10] | That’s good thinking. | 想得很周全 |
[31:12] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[31:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:17] | Much better. | 感觉好多了 |
[31:22] | Is it my imagination or are things warming up in here? | 是我想多了 还是你们之间有点感觉 |
[31:26] | I think the needle has gone from “I can’t stand the sight of you” | 我猜他的态度从”我不想看到你” |
[31:28] | to “mildly acceptable employee.” | 变成”算是能接受”了 |
[31:30] | You’re a lot more than that. | 你可不只是能接受 |
[31:32] | Thanks. Not to him, I guess. | 谢谢 但他看来不是吧 |
[31:35] | Forget him. | 别管他了 |
[31:36] | There are a whole lot of fish in that sea | 外面有那么多好男人 |
[31:38] | that would be thrilled to swim with you. | 都在等着你呢 |
[31:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:02] | I’m starting to think you were dodging my calls. | 我开始觉得你是躲着我电话了 |
[32:04] | You saw my itinerary. | 你也知道我的宣传计划 |
[32:06] | They have me going– | 他们让我… |
[32:06] | I heard your phone call with Carter this morning. | 我早上听见你和卡特的对话了 |
[32:10] | Liz. | 丽兹 |
[32:11] | I know about the home visit, that you went to see Lori. | 我知道了家访的事 你去见了洛莉 |
[32:16] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么不告诉我 |
[32:18] | I didn’t want to upset you. | 我不想让你心烦 |
[32:21] | I don’t know when it happened, but at some point, I… | 不知道从什么时候开始 但慢慢的 |
[32:26] | I became this person that’s hard to share things with | 我变成了让你们不敢交流的人 |
[32:29] | and you became a person that would rather hide | 你变成了情愿躲避问题 |
[32:31] | than confront an issue. | 而不面对的人 |
[32:35] | I don’t want us to be like that. | 我不希望我们这样 |
[32:38] | Me either. | 我也是 |
[32:50] | Got a new machine. | 换了台新机器 |
[32:51] | This one has anti-fraud software built in, | 这台内置了反诈骗软件 |
[32:53] | so if anyone tries to mess with it, an alarm goes off. | 如果有人想乱动 就会报警 |
[32:57] | Very high tech. | 很高科技嘛 |
[33:02] | So I put a lot of thought into it and I think it was Stevie | 我想了很久 觉得是史蒂维 |
[33:05] | who switched out the old machine. | 把旧机器掉包的 |
[33:08] | What? No, come on, Stevie is super loyal. | 什么 不可能 史蒂维很忠心的 |
[33:10] | Yeah, when it suits her. | 那是当事情顺利的时候 |
[33:12] | Hey, I like her too, but she’s always short on money | 我也喜欢她 但她总是说缺钱 |
[33:15] | and I caught her cutting corners before, adding tips to bills, | 我以前也抓到过她捣鬼 在账单上加小费 |
[33:18] | lifting the occasional bottle of top shelf. | 偷柜上不常用的好酒 |
[33:22] | It’s small time stuff. It comes with the territory. | 这都是小事 不给她机会就好 |
[33:24] | I’m the only bartender I’ve ever had who didn’t steal. | 我是唯一一个手脚干净的酒保 |
[33:28] | Jared, I really don’t think Stevie | 贾里德 我觉得史蒂维 |
[33:29] | – would have done something– – Hey, I tried to be understanding. | -不会这么做 -我试过理解她 |
[33:32] | Everyone has bad days, but this is a new low. | 人人都有困难 但这次过分了 |
[33:37] | I’m gonna fire her. | 我要开除她 |
[33:38] | What? Jared, you can’t fire her. | 什么 贾里德 你不能这样 |
[33:40] | I have to. | 必须开除 |
[33:41] | I don’t trust her. | 我不相信她 |
[33:46] | Jared, it wasn’t Stevie that switched out the credit card reader. | 贾里德 掉包刷卡机的不是史蒂维 |
[33:51] | It was my brother, Ben. | 是我弟弟 本 |
[34:03] | I didn’t think we were on breakfast terms. | 我们还没亲到共进早餐吧 |
[34:06] | Ben, Jared knows you swapped out the credit card reader, | 本 贾里德知道了是你换的刷卡机 |
[34:09] | and in case I need to say it, he’s pissed. | 而且我提醒你 他很生气 |
[34:12] | So wipe your laptop or burn the paper trail or do whatever it is | 所以清除你的电脑 或者文件之类的 |
[34:15] | you need to do to get rid of the evidence. | 把证据销毁掉 |
[34:17] | Well, thank you for throwing me under the bus. | 谢谢你把我坑成这样 |
[34:18] | I had to, Ben, he thought it was one of the other girls | 我也没办法 他以为是一个服务员干的 |
[34:20] | and she was about to lose her job. | 准备辞退她了 |
[34:22] | You have no idea what you just did. | 你根本不知道自己干了什么 |
[34:24] | Then tell me, Ben. | 那告诉我啊 本 |
[34:30] | I can’t help you if you keep shutting me out. | 你什么都不说 我没法帮你 |
[34:36] | All right, look, I have a friend who’s in a bad situation | 我一个朋友现在有难 |
[34:38] | and she needs money and I don’t make enough selling IDs | 她需要钱 我卖假身份证赚的钱 |
[34:40] | to dig her out. | 不够救她出来 |
[34:41] | I was just using the bar to get some extra cash. | 只是想再从酒吧弄点外快 |
[34:44] | That girl I saw you with a couple weeks ago? | 是我几周前看到的那个女生吗 |
[34:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:48] | Now you screwed everything up and I have to get a new plan, | 现在你毁了一切 我得再想新办法 |
[34:50] | so thank you for nothing. | 真是谢谢了 |
[35:09] | What are we– where are we… going? | 我们…我们在去哪 |
[35:12] | Home. | 回家 |
[35:15] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[35:17] | Like my head got hit by a bus. | 像是脑袋被车撞了 |
[35:20] | I’m sure. | 能想得到 |
[35:21] | I don’t remember drinking that much last night. | 我不记得昨晚喝过那么多了 |
[35:28] | But it’s all a blur. | 但都好模糊 |
[35:35] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[35:42] | Taylor… | 泰勒 |
[35:44] | Gabe… tell me. | 加布 告诉我 |
[35:47] | Please, I want to know. | 求你了 我想知道 |
[35:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:59] | You were hanging out with that | 你当时和… |
[36:01] | tour guide, Ned. | 那个向导奈德聊天 |
[36:14] | Busy? | 在忙吗 |
[36:15] | Uh… no. | 没有 |
[36:16] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[36:17] | Well, open it– find out. | 打开看看吧 |
[36:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:29] | Might come in handy. | 你或许用得上 |
[36:30] | Waitressing in high heels… it’ll trash your shoes. | 穿着高跟鞋端酒 会毁了你鞋子 |
[36:33] | And your back. | 还有你的背 |
[36:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:38] | You’re very welcome. | 不客气 |
[36:41] | So how do you know so much about waitressing? | 你怎么对当服务生懂那么多 |
[36:45] | It’s an old story. | 这是老故事了 |
[36:52] | When I was your age, | 我像你那么大时 |
[36:54] | there was this great place downtown, | 市中心有个很棒的地方 |
[36:56] | it’s not there anymore, | 现在不在了 |
[36:57] | and it was full of brick and neon. | 那里满是砖墙和霓虹灯 |
[37:03] | Smoky. | 烟雾缭绕 |
[37:04] | And there would be a line outside the door | 门外总是排着长队 |
[37:06] | and people used to get in fights just trying to get in there. | 人们为了进去还会打架 |
[37:11] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[37:12] | – If you hadn’t have been there– – But I was. | -如果你不在那… -但我在 |
[37:16] | You’re okay. | 你没事了 |
[37:20] | You did what you said. | 你真的做到了 |
[37:22] | Just one drink. | 只喝了一杯 |
[37:25] | I try to keep my promises. | 我只是想履行诺言 |
[37:28] | At least to you. | 至少是对你 |
[37:29] | Still. | 还是一样 |
[37:31] | Anyone else would have figured I was fine. | 其他人都不会去多想的 |
[37:35] | They wouldn’t have gone looking for me. | 不会去找我 |
[37:39] | Disappearing isn’t your style. | 消失不是你的风格 |
[37:42] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[37:44] | You don’t have to say anything. | 什么都不用说 |
[37:47] | There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you, Taylor. | 我愿为你赴汤蹈火 泰勒 |
[37:52] | Gabe… | 加布 |
[37:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:55] | You’re with Max. | 你和麦克斯在一起 |
[38:00] | Can you please not tell Max about what happened? | 你能别告诉麦克斯发生了什么吗 |
[38:02] | Don’t you think he’d want to know? | 你不觉得他会想知道吗 |
[38:05] | I just… | 我只是… |
[38:08] | I don’t want to upset him. | 不想让他烦心 |
[38:18] | I didn’t think you’d be home so early. | 没想到你们回来那么早 |
[38:19] | We were kind of over it. | 我们看够了 |
[38:21] | And I missed you. | 我好想你 |
[38:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:34] | Thanks for meeting me. | 谢谢你能见我 |
[38:39] | So? | 怎么 |
[38:41] | Is this is where you fire me in a public place | 想在公众场合开除我 |
[38:43] | so I don’t make a scene? | 我好不会大吵大闹吗 |
[38:45] | No. | 不 |
[38:48] | Look, I know how hard it must have been for you | 我知道你供出你的弟弟 |
[38:50] | to give up your brother like that. | 一定很艰难 |
[38:52] | But it said a lot that you wouldn’t let Stevie take the fall. | 但你能保住史蒂维工作真的很高尚 |
[38:55] | Yeah, well, I would never do that. | 是啊 我不会害她的 |
[38:56] | She’s my friend. | 她是我的朋友 |
[38:59] | But listen. | 不过 听着 |
[39:02] | Last night, when I told you that Ben was responsible | 昨晚 当我跟你说本才是 |
[39:05] | for switching the credit card reader, | 调换刷卡机的人 |
[39:08] | I didn’t exactly have the full story. | 没有说出全部事实 |
[39:11] | So what? Now he didn’t do it? | 怎么 又不是他干的吗 |
[39:13] | Look, is there any way you could just give him a break? | 你有可能放他一马吗 |
[39:16] | Like, a one-time pass. | 饶了他这次 |
[39:17] | He stole from me, Carter. | 他偷我的东西 卡特 |
[39:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:20] | From my customers. | 从我顾客那里偷东西 |
[39:24] | But I’ll keep it between him and me. | 但我不会把这事闹大 |
[39:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:32] | As per you and me… | 至于我们两个… |
[39:36] | There is a you and me? | 还有”我们两个”吗 |
[39:38] | I’ve never tried harder in my life | 我这辈子从没这么努力的 |
[39:39] | to not like someone so much. | 不去喜欢一个人 |
[39:43] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[39:46] | You’re my kryptonite. | 你就是我的氪星石 |
[40:12] | In a perfect world, I’d beat the hell out of you | 在完美的世界里 我会狠狠揍你 |
[40:14] | and serve you up to the cops. | 然后把你送给警察 |
[40:16] | Well, we live in imperfect times. | 可惜这时代不完美 |
[40:19] | Oh, you just keep giving me reasons, smart ass. | 都现在了你还在找打 聪明鬼 |
[40:22] | See, lucky for you, you’re Carter’s brother, | 算你走运 你是卡特的弟弟 |
[40:25] | so you get a pass. | 我这次饶了你 |
[40:27] | Oh, wow, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:31] | But one of these days, I’m gonna call on you for a favor, | 但今后某天 我会找你还这个人情 |
[40:35] | and when I do, you’re gonna deliver. | 当我找到你 请你乖乖照办 |
[40:38] | Got it? | 明白了吗 |
[40:41] | Yep. | 是的 |
[40:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[40:49] | Oh, and… | 还有 |
[40:51] | don’t say anything to Carter. | 别告诉卡特 |