时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My name is Henry Morgan. | 我叫亨利·摩根 |
[00:03] | My story is a long one. | 我的故事说来话长 |
[00:05] | Something happened nearly two centuries ago. | 差不多两个世纪前发生了一点意外 |
[00:09] | And I was transformed. | 我被转化了 |
[00:11] | My life is just like yours. | 我的生命和你的几乎一样 |
[00:13] | Except for one small difference, | 除了一个小小的差别 |
[00:18] | it never ends. | 我的生命从没有尽头 |
[00:22] | Over the years, | 过了这么多年 |
[00:23] | you could say I’ve become a student of death. | 可以说我已经是死亡学家了 |
[00:25] | You see, I need to find a key to unlock my curse. | 我得找出破除诅咒的良方 |
[00:29] | So I currently work | 所以现在 |
[00:29] | for the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. | 我在纽约市的法医办公室工作 |
[00:32] | It holds the largest collection of slightly chilled | 这里有世界上最多的 |
[00:34] | corpses in the world. | 新鲜尸体 |
[00:35] | If your game is death, you go where the action is. | 如果你想了解死亡 就去死亡最多的地方 |
[00:55] | The Carlyle endowment is committed | 卡莱尔捐赠致力于支持 |
[00:57] | to supporting institutions that share our core values. | 那些与我们有共同核心价值观的机构 |
[01:02] | Wouldn’t you agree, mother? | 您同意吗 母亲 |
[01:04] | With you, Conrad? | 同意你吗 康拉德 |
[01:05] | I don’t think it’s possible. | 不可能 |
[01:07] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[01:08] | Will anyone be spared your ire tonight? | 今晚有人幸免于您的忿怒吗 |
[01:10] | Your father. | 你父亲 |
[01:12] | Lucky for him, he’s dead. | 算他走运 他死了 |
[01:15] | Mr. Mayor, I was under the impression | 市长先生 我记得你们这些 |
[01:16] | you communists didn’t care for such opulence. | 共产党们不喜欢这种铺张浪费 |
[01:19] | Your reviews are pedantic, unoriginal, | 你的评论迂腐且毫无原创性 |
[01:22] | lacking insider clarity. | 线索不可靠 |
[01:23] | Fortunately, you’re a critic and completely unimportant. | 还好你只是个评论家 完全没人在意你 |
[01:27] | If only it was her funeral. | 要是她的葬礼就好了 |
[01:41] | Lance! | 兰斯 |
[01:42] | I told you to wait. | 我说了让你等等 |
[01:45] | Mrs. Carlyle, I hope you’re well. | 卡莱尔夫人 愿您一切安好 |
[01:46] | I’m 91 years old. I’m never well. | 我91岁了 怎么可能安好 |
[01:49] | I’d say you look 91 years young. | 我觉得您看起来有91岁那么年轻 |
[01:54] | why you haven’t finished the renovation of my gallery. | 为什么我的画廊还没有翻新完毕 |
[01:56] | The gallery is my top priority. | 画廊翻新是我的头等大事 |
[01:58] | Disappoint me again and you’ll be | 再让我失望一次 你就去 |
[02:00] | curating finger-painting exhibitions for preschoolers. | 给幼儿园的手指画展览打杂吧 |
[02:26] | Gloria Carlyle was always there | 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔一直以她的慷慨大方 |
[02:28] | to sustain the museum with her generosity. | 支持着博物馆 |
[02:31] | Her vision for this institution | 她对这个机构的愿景 |
[02:32] | has seen us through many dark hours. | 帮助我们克服过了许多困难 |
[02:36] | Gloria has two great passions: | 格洛丽亚最关心的两件事情是 |
[02:38] | her family and her art. | 她的家庭和她的艺术 |
[02:40] | It’s a great honor to have them both here with us. | 很荣幸今天这两样都在现场 |
[02:44] | Tonight, on the 60th anniversary of her endowment, | 今晚 在她的捐赠六十周年仪式上 |
[02:47] | we celebrate a woman | 我们在此为 |
[02:48] | who’s touched so many with her kindness. | 一位用自己的善良感动了许多人的女士 |
[02:51] | To Gloria. | 为格洛丽亚 |
[03:00] | Detective, mayor wants to know | 警官 市长想知道 |
[03:01] | when we are releasing the guests. | 我们什么时候才能放宾客们走 |
[03:03] | The mayor’s office called? | 市长办公室来电了 |
[03:04] | No. The mayor is here. | 不 市长就在这里 |
[03:06] | Okay. Check the names against the guest list, | 好吧 对比检查一下宾客名单 |
[03:08] | then get them out of here. | 然后让他们走吧 |
[03:09] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[03:10] | Guess blue bloods bleed like the rest of us. | 看来真是不分君臣贵贱人人平等 |
[03:12] | Ready for a high-profile case? | 准备好破这起引人注目的案子了吗 |
[03:14] | Give me the good news first. | 先告诉我好消息 |
[03:15] | I’m fresh out. | 我也是刚刚来 |
[03:16] | This part of the museum’s under construction, | 博物馆这部分正在进行装修 |
[03:18] | so video surveillance was down. | 所以监控录像没开 |
[03:20] | Guards were stationed at the exits, | 保安都在出口处 |
[03:21] | didn’t tell us much. | 也没提供什么信息 |
[03:23] | And a whole bunch of muckety-mucks | 在发现她的尸体后 |
[03:24] | came running in her after they found her. | 一堆权贵都跑过去凑热闹 |
[03:26] | CSI says they trampled the whole scene. | 犯罪现场调查科说他们破坏了整个案发现场 |
[03:28] | So, what’s the bad news? | 那么 坏消息是什么 |
[03:31] | Your M.E. didn’t show. | 你的法医没来 |
[03:36] | Where’s Henry? | 亨利去哪了 |
[03:37] | He couldn’t make it. | 他来不了 |
[03:42] | Does he understand how important this is? | 他知不知道这案子有多重要 |
[03:43] | This is Gloria Carlyle. | 这可是格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 |
[03:45] | There are buildings, parks, a bridge | 有多少大楼 公园 桥梁 |
[03:47] | all named after her. | 都是以她命名的 |
[03:49] | The mayor is here. | 市长也在这 |
[03:50] | He’s expecting our best people on this. | 他希望我们派最好的人手 |
[03:53] | Seemed like something personal. | 好像是因为私人原因来不了 |
[03:55] | Although, you can never tell with him. | 不过谁也搞不懂他 |
[03:57] | But I’m really excited | 我很高兴 |
[03:58] | to be your on-site lead for this. | 能做你的现场首席 |
[04:01] | Would you like to hear my initial report? | 你想听听看我的初步鉴定吗 |
[04:05] | Yeah. Okay. Let’s have it. | 好吧 你说吧 |
[04:06] | Well, to begin with, | 首先 |
[04:09] | she’s dead. | 她死了 |
[04:14] | When Gloria Carlyle died, | 当格洛丽亚·卡莱尔死的时候 |
[04:16] | 91 years worth of memories disappeared in an instant. | 91年的记忆就这么消失于无形 |
[04:21] | People, places, loved ones and enemies alike, | 身边的人 去过的地方 爱着的人和敌人 |
[04:25] | all gone, lost forever. | 所有的这些记忆都永远地消失了 |
[04:29] | Even one distant memory of me. | 甚至是关于我的遥远记忆 |
[04:32] | We can only imagine what her final thoughts were. | 我们只能猜测她最后的想法 |
[04:35] | Fear, anger — we’ll never know. | 或恐惧或愤怒 我们永远都不会知道了 |
[04:38] | Everything is forgotten in death. | 一切都随死亡被遗忘了 |
[04:41] | I, of course, can never forget, | 当然 我从来不会忘记任何事 |
[04:44] | especially Gloria | 特别是格洛丽亚 |
[04:46] | and the debt I owe her. | 和我欠她的人情 |
[04:57] | Broken pelvis, cracked femur — | 骨盆骨折 股骨骨裂 |
[04:59] | compound fracture there. | 那边是有创骨折 |
[05:00] | The damage to her vertebrae is extensive. | 她的椎骨严重受损 |
[05:03] | 20 to 30 contusions on all sides, | 各处加起来有二十到三十处挫伤 |
[05:06] | including defensive wounds on the hands and the forearms. | 包括手和前臂上自卫造成的伤痕 |
[05:09] | And that’s just my initial report. | 这个只是我的初步鉴定 |
[05:12] | What do you think? | 你怎么认为呢 |
[05:13] | Hello, detective. | 你好 警官 |
[05:17] | I’ll let the adults talk. | 大人说话 小孩不插嘴 |
[05:19] | Why weren’t you there? | 你为什么没过去 |
[05:20] | I never go to that museum. | 我从不去那个博物馆 |
[05:22] | Henry, what are you talking about? | 亨利 你在说什么呢 |
[05:24] | Do you have any idea who she was? | 你知道她是谁吗 |
[05:26] | Gloria Carlyle, | 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 |
[05:28] | the last living heir to John Arthur Carlyle, | 1901年创立纽约钢铁的约翰·亚瑟·卡莱尔的 |
[05:29] | who founded New York steel in 1901. | 唯一活着的继承人 |
[05:32] | The family’s fortune and power were legendary. | 他们家族的财富和权势众所周知 |
[05:34] | Many claim to have built New York city. | 很多人声称自己建立了纽约城 |
[05:37] | The Carlyle family did the job. | 卡莱尔家族真正做到了这件事 |
[05:42] | It’s Gloria. Gloria Carlyle. | 我是格洛丽亚 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 |
[05:48] | Did you know her? | 你之前认识她吗 |
[05:50] | No. | 不 |
[05:51] | But I’ll find out what happened. | 但我会找出发生了什么事的 |
[05:54] | I’m starting my autopsy now. | 我现在就开始验尸 |
[05:56] | One thing’s for certain — | 肯定的一点是 |
[05:58] | This wasn’t a natural death. | 这不是自然死亡 |
[06:07] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[06:11] | Hi back at you. | 你好 |
[06:12] | It’s crazy all the reporters out there, huh? | 外面那么多记者真是疯了 不是吗 |
[06:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:15] | They’re probably just, uh, | 他们很可能只是 |
[06:16] | here for the Carlyle case. | 为了卡莱尔的案子来的 |
[06:19] | I was — I was the lead M.E. at the crime scene there. | 我是凶案现场的首席法医 |
[06:23] | So, do you think it was murder? | 所以你觉得是谋杀吗 |
[06:26] | Well, we just completed the initial autopsy, | 我们才完成了初步的尸检 |
[06:29] | and that was rough. | 还有待考证 |
[06:30] | Still waiting for the tox report to come back, | 还在等待毒药检验的结果 |
[06:32] | but, uh, looks like it. | 但看起来像是谋杀 |
[06:36] | So, uh, so what do you — | 所以你在这 |
[06:39] | Hey, d-do you want something? A soda? | 你想要喝什么吗 苏打水 |
[06:41] | My treat. | 我请客 |
[06:43] | No thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[06:45] | Got to take it. | 你得接这个电话 |
[06:45] | Yeah. Go — go take it. | 好 那你去接电话吧 |
[06:49] | I got the M.E. on the record. | 我找到本案的法医了 |
[06:51] | He says it’s murder. | 他说这是谋杀 |
[07:00] | Morning. | 早安 |
[07:01] | You look terrible. | 你看起来真糟糕 |
[07:02] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:03] | Even an immortal needs a solid six hours. | 就算是不死之人也需要睡够六个小时 |
[07:06] | Well, today might not be much better. | 今天可能也好不到哪儿去 |
[07:09] | A lieutenant Reece called. | 一位叫里斯的长官打过电话来 |
[07:11] | Wondered if you’d seen this. | 想知道你看过这个吗 |
[07:18] | What do you need? | 你需要点什么 |
[07:19] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[07:20] | Lots of coffee. | 很浓的咖啡 |
[07:31] | They say this Gloria Carlyle was a real witch. | 他们说格洛丽亚·卡莱尔是个彻头彻尾的老巫婆 |
[07:35] | The most hated blue blood in the city. | 是这个城市最遭人恨的贵族 |
[07:42] | She wasn’t always. | 她不是一直都这样的 |
[07:45] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[07:56] | A Louis XIV desk right out in the open. | 路易十四的书桌都被公开拍卖了 |
[07:58] | Grandfather must have bought it. | 一定是她祖父买的 |
[07:59] | Could you imagine an estate like this | 你能想象这样的房子 |
[08:01] | coming on the market all at once? | 一下全进入市场吗 |
[08:04] | I bet you those Berkowitz brothers | 我敢打赌伯克威茨兄弟 |
[08:06] | will try to get there first, huh? | 一定会费尽心思率先出现在那里的 |
[08:07] | Ray and Arty Berkowitz, | 雷和亚蒂·伯克威茨兄弟 |
[08:09] | Your nemesis? | 你的死对头 |
[08:10] | Yeah, sure. | 对 当然 |
[08:10] | They got this tony upper east side store, | 他们在上东区有个漂亮的店铺 |
[08:13] | but they’d walk right over a body for a choice antique. | 但他们为了得到古董什么事都做的出来 |
[08:16] | Well, I’m sure you can handle them. | 我肯定你能搞定他们 |
[08:19] | I should get to the station. | 我该去警局了 |
[08:20] | Oh, listen. | 听着 |
[08:21] | if at work, you hear about the Carlyle estate sale, | 如果你工作时听到卡莱尔房子出售的消息 |
[08:23] | could you let me know? | 能告诉我吗 |
[08:23] | Put me on the list? | 把我列在有意购买的名单上 |
[08:24] | Abraham, I’m a medical examiner, | 亚伯拉罕 我是一个验尸官 |
[08:26] | an officer of the city. | 城市的官员 |
[08:27] | Don’t worry. | 别在意 |
[08:29] | I’ve got other sources. | 我还有其他人脉 |
[08:31] | My family has been part of the heart blood | 我的家族在过去150年中 |
[08:33] | of this city for over 150 years. | 都是这个城市的核心家族之一 |
[08:36] | And this is the first time | 这是第一次 |
[08:37] | that anything like this has ever happened. | 发生这种事 |
[08:39] | Very sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:40] | Sorry is not good enough. | 光抱歉没有用 |
[08:41] | I was told this autopsy would be held confidentially. | 你们跟我说这次验尸会秘密进行 |
[08:45] | So, I take it you were not the one who talked to the press. | 我猜不是你把消息泄露给媒体的 |
[08:48] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[08:49] | I’m not sure yet. | 我还不确定 |
[08:52] | This is on page six! | 这是在第六版 |
[08:57] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[08:58] | You were the source for the story. | 你就是报道的来源 |
[09:00] | Okay. So, uh… | 好吧 所以说… |
[09:04] | Was she pretty? | 她漂亮吗 |
[09:05] | Very. | 很漂亮 |
[09:07] | I feel awful, okay? | 我感觉糟透了 好吗 |
[09:08] | I-I’m gonna go talk to the lieutenant. | 我 我会去找长官谈的 |
[09:10] | I’ve written up my resignation. | 我已经写好辞呈了 |
[09:13] | Go back to the lab. Say nothing. | 回实验室去 什么也别说 |
[09:15] | I was the source for the story. Do you understand? | 我才是报道的源头 明白了吗 |
[09:18] | Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[09:19] | I-I just — you know, I’d been up all night. | 我…我只是…我一夜没睡 |
[09:20] | And she just appeared. | 然后她就这样出现了 |
[09:21] | – Stop. – Yeah? | -闭嘴 -什么 |
[09:23] | Leave. | 快走 |
[09:24] | Try not to make any more headlines today. | 今天别再制造什么头条新闻了 |
[09:26] | Copy. | 收到 |
[09:28] | What are you gonna do about it? | 你打算怎么办 |
[09:32] | Henry, Jo, have a seat, please. | 亨利 乔 请坐 |
[09:35] | Lieutenant, I’m afraid an apology | 长官 恐怕要道歉的话 |
[09:37] | must be made standing. | 还是站着比较好 |
[09:40] | Mr. Carlyle, | 卡莱尔先生 |
[09:41] | on behalf of the city of New York | 我谨代表纽约市 |
[09:42] | and the office of the chief medical examiner, | 和首席法医办公室道歉 |
[09:44] | accept this apology | 请您接受这份道歉 |
[09:45] | and the knowledge this will never happen again. | 我保证类似事件不会再发生 |
[09:49] | I still want him taken off the case. | 我还是希望把他踢出这个案子 |
[09:53] | But I’ve apologized. | 但我已经道歉了啊 |
[09:55] | I’ve extended my hand as a gentleman. | 像个绅士一样伸出了我的手 |
[09:56] | My mother deserves the best, | 我母亲理应得到最好的 |
[09:58] | and you have been found lacking. | 而你不够好 |
[10:01] | Mr Carlyle, | 卡莱尔先生 |
[10:03] | No one understands better the specifics of this case | 没有人比我更了解这个案子的细节 |
[10:07] | or the importance of the Carlyle name. | 以及卡莱尔这个名字的重要性 |
[10:08] | All due respect, sir, he is the best. | 恕我直言 先生 他就是最好的了 |
[10:11] | Shall my lawyers contact the mayor again, | 需要我的律师们在一天之内 |
[10:13] | twice in one day? | 再和市长联系一次吗 |
[10:16] | Lieutenant, if I may — | 长官 假如我能… |
[10:17] | Henry, I’m sorry, | 亨利 很抱歉 |
[10:18] | but I’m pulling you from the case. | 但你不能参与这个案子了 |
[10:19] | Dr. Vaughn will take over from here. | 从现在起由沃恩医生接手 |
[10:28] | Hey, Hanson. | 汉森 |
[10:29] | Check the security tapes the museum just sent over. | 看看博物馆刚刚送来的监视录像 |
[10:31] | The, uh, speeches from the gala should be on it. | 晚会上的发言应该被录下来了 |
[10:33] | Want butter on your popcorn? | 你的爆米花要加黄油吗 |
[10:35] | That’s your choice. | 随你 |
[10:36] | I’m going to the crime scene. | 我要去犯罪现场了 |
[10:40] | Henry, you okay? | 亨利 你没事吧 |
[10:41] | I’ve never been removed from a case before. | 我之前从来没有被人从一个案子中踢出去过 |
[10:44] | Well, happens to the best of us. | 人人都会有这种经历的 |
[10:47] | You know, just because you don’t have a body | 你得明白 没有权利接近尸体 |
[10:49] | doesn’t mean you can’t investigate with me. | 不代表你不能和我一起调查 |
[10:52] | Great. I’ll come with you. | 太好了 我和你一起去 |
[10:54] | There’s just one problem. | 只有一个问题 |
[10:56] | We’re going to the museum. | 我们是要去博物馆哦 |
[11:00] | Wow, you really do have an issue with this. | 看来你确实对这博物馆很排斥啊 |
[11:03] | So, I guess the only question is, | 我猜唯一的问题就是 |
[11:05] | how badly do you want to solve this murder? | 你到底有多想破这个案子 |
[11:10] | Let me grab my scarf. | 让我拿下围巾 |
[11:17] | Okay. What is it? Spill it. | 好了 怎么回事 说说看 |
[11:19] | You were acting stranger than normal. | 你的举止比平常奇怪 |
[11:22] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[11:23] | Come on, Henry. | 说吧 亨利 |
[11:24] | What is your issue with this museum? | 你和这个博物馆到底怎么回事 |
[11:25] | Why don’t you come here? | 你为什么不来这里 |
[11:27] | Old memories. | 都是些老回忆了 |
[11:29] | Okay. Can I say one thing? | 好吧 我能说件事吗 |
[11:31] | A cop usually knows what’s going on with their partner. | 警察通常都了解自己的搭档的状况 |
[11:33] | We should talk. | 我们得交流 |
[11:35] | I’m an M.E., Jo. | 我是名法医 乔 |
[11:35] | I’m not sure I’m officially your partner. | 我不确定我是你的官方搭档 |
[11:38] | I was not making any official kind of point. | 我又不是在陈述官方观点 |
[11:51] | This way! | 这边走 |
[11:53] | Over here! | 这里 |
[11:54] | Quickly. | 快点 |
[11:58] | We’re closed. | 不开放 |
[11:59] | I beg your pardon. | 什么 |
[12:00] | It’s a private party. | 在举行私人派对 |
[12:02] | But we’re the Vermeers. | 我们是维梅尔家族的[著名画家] |
[12:04] | This is Dr. Henry Vermeer and I’m his wife. | 这位是亨利·维梅尔医生 我是他妻子 |
[12:06] | We’ve just arrived from London | 我们刚刚从伦敦赶来 |
[12:07] | for his great-grandfather’s exhibit. | 参加他曾祖父的画展 |
[12:11] | You’re not here, lady. | 你们不在名单上 女士 |
[12:12] | We’ve traveled 3,500 miles. | 我们可是跋涉了3500英里 |
[12:14] | Calm down. I… | 冷静一下 我… |
[12:19] | Look, could you please hurry? | 麻烦能快点吗 |
[12:20] | I was the one that forgot the umbrella | 我忘了带伞 |
[12:21] | and Mrs. Vermeer hates getting wet. | 而维梅尔太太讨厌被淋湿 |
[12:25] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:31] | Abigail, we’re not supposed to be here. | 阿比盖尔 我们不该进来 |
[12:33] | I’m also quite certain Vermeer was Dutch. | 我也很确定维梅尔是个荷兰名字 |
[12:44] | This is very rash. | 这么做太鲁莽了 |
[12:46] | You can’t plan for everything, Henry. | 你不可能计划好所有事 亨利 |
[12:48] | Sometimes it’s good to be rash. | 有时候鲁莽也是件好事 |
[12:50] | It’s fun. | 多有趣啊 |
[13:02] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[13:04] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[13:07] | So, the victim was struck several times | 受害人被不明物体 |
[13:09] | with an unidentified object. | 击中多次 |
[13:10] | There were no weapon found. | 没有找到凶器 |
[13:12] | Blood splatter was irregular | 血迹满地都是 |
[13:14] | with traces all over the floor. | 形状很不规则 |
[13:17] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[13:18] | What I’ve discovered is that the scene of any crime | 在我看来 不论是什么样的案发现场 |
[13:20] | is much larger than this space. | 都要比这个空间大 |
[13:22] | To truly understand this murder, | 要真正看透这起谋杀案 |
[13:23] | we must go back seconds, minutes, hours, even. | 时间得往回倒几秒 几分钟甚至几个小时 |
[13:25] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[13:27] | I’ve been doing this for 10 years. | 我干这行已经有十年了 |
[13:28] | Let’s go easy on the lecture. | 想讲课的话就省省吧 |
[13:29] | You asked me what I thought. | 是你问我是怎么想的 |
[13:32] | My mistake. | 我错了 |
[13:33] | Please. | 继续说 |
[13:35] | I think we should go back, | 我觉得我们应该回溯 |
[13:36] | walk in Gloria’s shoes, | 从格洛丽亚的角度想问题 |
[13:38] | her Yves Saint Laurent pumps, to be exact. | 确切来说 是这双圣罗兰矮跟鞋 |
[13:40] | They look like fall of ’61. | 大概是1961年的秋款 |
[13:43] | Are you serious? | 你是说真的吗 |
[13:45] | I know a bit about women’s shoes. | 女人的鞋子我还是知道点的 |
[13:49] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[13:50] | It’s an original FBI fingerprinting kit. | 这是联调局独创的的指纹提取工具 |
[13:53] | Well, the room has already been dusted, Henry, | 整个房间已经被检查过了 亨利 |
[13:54] | with actual modern equipment. | 用的是真正的现代设备 |
[13:56] | I’m not looking for prints. | 我找的不是指纹 |
[13:57] | I’m after rubber. | 而是橡胶 |
[13:58] | The soles of Gloria’s shoes were made of natural soft rubber | 格洛丽亚的鞋底是天然软橡胶制成的 |
[14:01] | harvested from the Amazonian sharinga trees. | 原产自亚马逊橡胶树 |
[14:04] | They leave a subtle mark | 与1973年后用人工橡胶的鞋不同 |
[14:05] | unlike the synthetic rubber used in shoes after ’73. | 它们会留下很微小的痕迹 |
[14:18] | Fascinating. | 好极了 |
[14:40] | She crawled here. | 她是爬到这里的 |
[14:42] | – She crawled? – Yes. | -她爬过来的 -对 |
[14:44] | And the marks lead all the way to… | 痕迹一直延伸到… |
[14:52] | I know what killed her. | 我知道是什么杀死她了 |
[14:54] | The weapon? | 凶器 |
[14:55] | It wasn’t a weapon. | 不是凶器 |
[14:57] | It was this marble staircase. | 是这个大理石楼梯 |
[15:00] | So, she fell. It was an accident. | 所以她是从上面摔了下来 是个意外 |
[15:03] | She was pushed. | 她是被推下来的 |
[15:05] | How do you know she was pushed? | 你怎么知道她被推了 |
[15:06] | The crawl. | 她爬了一段距离 |
[15:07] | The damage to her body was crippling. | 她受了很严重的伤 |
[15:09] | Broken pelvis, countless fractures. | 骨盆破裂 多处骨折 |
[15:12] | She shouldn’t have been able to move. | 本应该动弹不得 |
[15:14] | But someone made her. | 但有人逼得她往前爬 |
[15:15] | Gloria tried to get away the only way she could, | 格洛丽亚想要逃跑 她只有一个办法 |
[15:18] | by crawling. | 那就是爬 |
[15:19] | She crawled 30 meters into the gallery, | 她爬了30米进到画廊里 |
[15:23] | In agony, in pain. | 这段路程痛苦难熬 |
[15:25] | Why? | 为什么要爬 |
[15:28] | There was someone else. | 这里还有一个人 |
[15:30] | The guard said Gloria was alone. | 保安说当时只有格洛丽亚一个人 |
[15:32] | He was wrong. | 他错了 |
[15:34] | I’m not sold. | 我不信 |
[15:35] | Very well. I’ll explain it again. | 好吧 我再说一遍 |
[15:37] | No. Listen. | 不用了 |
[15:38] | There’s no way of knowing that there was someone else. | 根本不可能知道当时有没有另一个人在场 |
[15:43] | Yep? | 怎么了 |
[15:44] | There was someone else. | 当时有另一个人在场 |
[15:47] | What? | 什么 |
[15:49] | Video surveillance from the party | 派对当天的监控录像显示 |
[15:51] | shows a guy heading toward the east gallery | 格洛丽亚离开之后 |
[15:53] | just after gloria wandered off. | 一名男子去了画廊东区 |
[15:54] | He — he slipped past the guards. | 他从保安身边溜了过去 |
[15:56] | Okay. Do we have an I.D.? | 好的 知道他的身份吗 |
[15:58] | Yeah. One Lance Sharp. | 知道 兰斯·夏普 |
[15:58] | 女继承人与坏小子索 菲娅·卡莱尔和兰斯·夏普 在格洛丽亚尸骨未寒之际仍会成婚吗 | |
[16:00] | I.D.’d him from his photo in the newspaper. | 他的身份和照片就登在报纸上 |
[16:02] | Okay. Let’s bring him in. | 行 带他进来吧 |
[16:06] | Do not gloat, Henry. | 别得意 亨利 |
[16:12] | Lance, fella, you did pretty well for yourself. | 兰斯 伙计 你混得不错嘛 |
[16:15] | Guy from Queens landing himself an Upper East Side princess. | 皇后区的小子钓上了上东区的公主 |
[16:17] | What do you think, Jo? | 你觉得怎么样 乔 |
[16:18] | You know, part of me thinks, “Attaboy, Lance.” | 一方面我想说”干得漂亮 兰斯” |
[16:23] | The other part of me wants to stomp your face in. | 另一方面 我真想给你的脸上来几下 |
[16:26] | Before we get to that, why’d you kill Gloria Carlyle? | 在那之前 你为什么要杀格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 |
[16:30] | I’ve told you. I didn’t. | 我说过了 我没杀她 |
[16:32] | I couldn’t. | 我也不可能杀她 |
[16:32] | It’s on video. | 监控都录下来了 |
[16:34] | You followed Gloria out of the party. | 你跟着格洛丽亚离开了派对 |
[16:36] | And when you came back, you looked shaken, | 你回来时看起来吓坏了 |
[16:37] | which makes sense | 这也说得通 |
[16:38] | because you just killed a 90-year-old woman. | 毕竟你刚杀了一位九十岁的老太太 |
[16:43] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[16:44] | Assisting with the case, | 协助办案 |
[16:45] | offering a meta-analysis. | 提供综合分析 |
[16:48] | I can help, lieutenant. | 我可以帮忙 长官 |
[16:50] | So Jo keeps telling me. | 乔也是那样告诉我的 |
[16:52] | May I stay? | 我能留下吗 |
[16:53] | How can I tell you to stay? | 我怎么让你留下 |
[16:54] | You’re not even here. | 你又不在这里 |
[16:57] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:58] | Are you asking me to leave or — | 你要我离开 还是… |
[16:59] | Oh, for god sake, Henry. Just watch. | 看在上帝的份上 亨利 继续看吧 |
[17:03] | Why would I kill her? | 我为什么要杀她 |
[17:04] | I’m in love with her granddaughter. | 我在跟她的孙女恋爱 |
[17:07] | I’m gonna marry Sofia. | 我很快就要娶索菲娅了 |
[17:08] | We have you following the victim to the scene of the crime. | 我们发现你尾随死者到犯罪现场 |
[17:12] | Conrad wouldn’t give me his blessing. | 康拉德不同意我们结婚 |
[17:14] | So I decided to ask Gloria. | 所以我打算问格洛丽亚 |
[17:17] | All night, I’m getting up the courage to do it. | 那晚 我终于鼓起勇气征求她同意 |
[17:19] | When she left the party, I saw my chance. | 当她离开派对时 我知道机会来了 |
[17:22] | Oh, let me guess what happened next, Lance. | 让我猜猜接下来发生什么事 兰斯 |
[17:23] | She said no, you pushed her down the steps, | 她不同意 你推她滚下楼梯 |
[17:26] | and then you stole this. | 然后你偷了这个 |
[17:28] | A 6-carat blue diamond worth $3 million. | 价值三百万的六克拉蓝钻 |
[17:32] | Found it at your loft. | 在你的阁楼找到的 |
[17:33] | Gloria gave that to me for the engagement. | 格洛丽亚给我作为订婚礼物 |
[17:36] | Oh, she gave you a $3 million ring? | 她给你价值三百万的钻戒 |
[17:38] | I know. It sounds crazy. | 我知道听起来很疯狂 |
[17:40] | She gave me the ring | 她把戒指给我 |
[17:41] | and then she mumbled something about following your heart. | 然后含糊地说什么跟随你的心 |
[17:45] | She’d never said anything like that to me before. | 她以前从来不会说那样的话 |
[17:46] | May I borrow your phone? | 借你手机用一下 |
[17:48] | That’s the last I saw of her, I swear. | 那是我最后一次见她 我发誓 |
[17:50] | This is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最大谎言 |
[17:57] | Lieutenant? | 长官 |
[18:01] | Henry, what are you doing? | 亨利 你在干什么 |
[18:04] | No. | 不 |
[18:04] | No, actually, | 不 实际上 |
[18:05] | this is not better than just barging in. | 这样没比打断我们好到哪去 |
[18:08] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[18:11] | Why was Gloria mumbling? | 格洛丽亚为什么要含糊地说 |
[18:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:13] | She was acting strange, | 她表现得很奇怪 |
[18:16] | slurring her words. | 说话发音不清 |
[18:17] | What did her skin feel like? | 她的皮肤怎么样 |
[18:19] | Cold. | 很凉 |
[18:20] | Was she, uh — was she sweating? | 她有没有…有没有发汗 |
[18:23] | Did she lean on her cane? | 她有没有撑着她的手杖 |
[18:25] | Yeah. | 有 |
[18:26] | Are you done? | 你完事没 |
[18:28] | Great. | 很好 |
[18:29] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[18:30] | She also said something about a burning smell like… | 她还提到了烧焦味 就像… |
[18:34] | toast. | 烤面包 |
[18:39] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[18:41] | She may not have been pushed. | 她可能不是被推下楼梯 |
[18:42] | Wait, what are you saying? You were wrong? | 等下 你在说什么 你之前判断错了吗 |
[18:44] | No. We need to go back further. | 不是 我们要再进一步往回想 |
[18:47] | Okay, I don’t want a lecture here, | 虽然我不想听你讲课 |
[18:48] | but what does that mean? | 但你在说什么 |
[18:49] | The burning smell was phantosmia. | 她说闻到烧焦味是因为她有幻嗅 |
[18:51] | It’s a symptom of a stroke in the temporal lobe. | 是颞叶中风的症状 |
[18:53] | It’s very rare and usually caused by medication, | 这个病不常见 一般是因为服用 |
[18:55] | something for a neurological condition — | 治疗癫痫症 帕金森氏综合征神经疾病的 |
[18:57] | epilepsy, Parkinson’s. | 药物引起的 |
[18:58] | But I found no sign of either in my autopsy. | 但我解剖尸体时没有发现任何迹象 |
[19:01] | Her brain was normal. | 她的大脑是正常的 |
[19:03] | What do you want to do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[19:04] | I need a biopsy of Gloria’s liver. | 给格洛丽亚的肝脏做切片检查 |
[19:06] | Then we can tell exactly what poisoned her. | 就会知道她中了什么毒 |
[19:08] | It’s not your body, Henry. | 她的尸体不归你管 亨利 |
[19:09] | Only the acting M.E. can do that. | 只有当值的验尸官可以做 |
[19:12] | I know someone who can do it for me. | 我知道谁可以帮我做 |
[19:16] | Henry, I-I-I’m so sorry I got you kicked off the case. | 亨利 我…我很抱歉害你丢了这个案子 |
[19:19] | I need a liver biopsy for Gloria Carlyle. | 我要给格洛丽亚·卡莱尔做肝脏切片检查 |
[19:21] | She’s not here. The — the body’s gone. | 她不在这里…尸体不在这里 |
[19:23] | Dr. Vaughn released her to the mortuary. | 沃恩医生把她交给停尸房了 |
[19:25] | What? | 什么 |
[19:25] | Wait. What’s going on? | 等下 发生什么事了 |
[19:27] | An innocent man is about to be arrested for murder. | 一个无辜的人很快就要因谋杀罪被捕 |
[19:30] | I-I’ll do anything to fix this. | 我会尽力补救 |
[19:33] | Just tell me. | 告诉我怎么做 |
[19:35] | There’s nothing you can do. | 没有你能做的 |
[19:38] | I can’t help you, Detective Martinez. | 我帮不了你 马丁内兹警探 |
[19:41] | Lance didn’t kill my grandmother. | 兰斯没有杀我祖母 |
[19:43] | Sofia, the best way to help Lance is by talking to me. | 索菲娅 你想帮兰斯 最好告诉我实话 |
[19:46] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[19:47] | Your grandmother’s medication. | 你祖母的服药情况 |
[19:49] | If we knew what she was taking, | 如果我们知道她服用了什么药 |
[19:50] | we may be able to figure out what killed her. | 也许就能找出是什么要了她的命 |
[19:51] | I don’t know anything about that. | 我一无所知 |
[19:53] | Your father might. | 也许你父亲会知道 |
[19:54] | Do you think he would help us? | 你觉得他会帮我们吗 |
[19:55] | No. | 不会 |
[19:57] | Not if Lance could benefit. | 除非对兰斯有好处 |
[19:58] | I-I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[19:59] | Somebody murdered your grandmother. | 你奶奶被人谋杀了 |
[20:02] | Don’t you want to find out who really killed her? | 难道你不想找出杀害她的真凶吗 |
[20:03] | He doesn’t care. | 他根本不在乎 |
[20:05] | He didn’t love her. | 他都不爱她 |
[20:06] | You don’t understand my family. | 你不了解我的家族 |
[20:07] | We’re not like normal people. | 我们和普通人不一样 |
[20:10] | Instead of having lives of our own, | 没有自己的生活 |
[20:11] | we learned how to hurt each other for sport. | 却学会了如何以伤害彼此为乐 |
[20:14] | My grandmother was a heartless woman, | 我奶奶是个无情的女人 |
[20:16] | at least as long as I knew her. | 至少从我懂事起她就是这样 |
[20:25] | This is amazing. | 真是太棒了 |
[20:26] | To be alone with them. | 能和这些画单独相处 |
[20:28] | Like an artist. | 就像个艺术家一样 |
[20:31] | She’s very beautiful. | 她非常漂亮 |
[20:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:36] | Yes, she is. | 她的确很漂亮 |
[20:38] | I saw you arrive. | 我看到你们来了 |
[20:40] | It’s good to see people in love. | 看到人们相爱是件美妙的事 |
[20:42] | And yet I’m confused. | 然而我还是很困惑 |
[20:44] | You don’t have a ring on your finger. | 你手上没戴着戒指 |
[20:45] | Neither does she. | 她也没有 |
[20:47] | Why haven’t you asked her to marry you? | 你怎么没向她求婚呢 |
[20:50] | Excuse me. Who are you? | 抱歉 你是谁 |
[20:51] | My question first. | 是我先提的问题 |
[20:54] | Champagne? | 来杯香槟吗 |
[20:56] | Never drink and you never lose your head. | 不喝酒 也就不会丧失理智 |
[20:58] | Now, why? | 为什么 |
[21:04] | I don’t think I’m the right man for her. | 我认为我不是她的真命天子 |
[21:06] | Nothing in life is certain, especially this. | 人生中没有什么是确定的 特别是爱情这件事 |
[21:08] | – It’s a long story. – When you’re in love, | -说来话长 -当你爱上一个人时 |
[21:09] | you feel like you have all the time in the world. | 你觉得你有大把大把的时间 |
[21:13] | But trust me, you don’t. | 但是相信我 事实并非如此 |
[21:16] | If you have a chance at love, Mr. Vermeer, | 如果你有机会陷入爱河 维梅尔先生 |
[21:19] | take it. | 欣然接受吧 |
[21:24] | It’s Gloria. Gloria Carlyle. | 我叫格洛丽亚 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 |
[21:27] | You’re crashing my party. | 你参加的是我的派对 |
[21:36] | Guess what I learned about Gloria. | 猜猜我查到了哪些和格洛丽亚有关的事 |
[21:38] | Gloria threatened to kick Conrad out of the will. | 格洛丽亚威胁要把康拉德从遗嘱中剔除 |
[21:39] | – That’s motive. – Yeah. There’s more. | -这就是杀人动机 -不止这样 |
[21:41] | His lawyers went after the probate judge. | 他的律师去找遗嘱检验法官 |
[21:43] | They managed to wrest control of everything in the townhouse. | 他们设法夺取联排别墅的控制权 |
[21:46] | He’s having an estate sale right now. | 他现在正在拍卖房产 |
[21:48] | Now? We should go. | 现在吗 我们应该去一趟 |
[21:50] | I-it’s invite only. | 要受邀才能进去 |
[21:53] | Can I borrow your phone? | 我能借一借你的手机吗 |
[21:59] | Abe. It’s me. | 亚伯 是我 |
[22:01] | The Carlyle estate sale is today. Think you can make it? | 卡莱尔房产拍卖会就在今天 你能赶得上吗 |
[22:03] | I’m already there. | 我已经在现场了 |
[22:05] | You’re there? | 你在现场 |
[22:06] | In the flesh. Told you I have my sources. | 本人亲临现场 和你说了我有办法 |
[22:08] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[22:10] | Now, I need you to do me a favor. | 我需要你帮我一个忙 |
[22:12] | Can you get to Gloria Carlyle’s bathroom? | 你能进格洛丽亚·卡莱尔的卫生间吗 |
[22:15] | Oh, Henry, what are we talking about here? | 亨利 你在说什么呢 |
[22:17] | I built a very respectable reputation over the years, | 这些年来我的好名声在外呢 |
[22:19] | unlike those Berkowitzes. | 不像伯克威茨家的那些人 |
[22:22] | We heard that. | 我们听到了 |
[22:23] | Yeah, good. | 那好极了 |
[22:25] | Abe, you’re all I’ve got here. | 亚伯 你是我唯一的希望 |
[22:27] | All right. All right. Henry, what is it you need? | 好吧 好吧 亨利 你要我做什么 |
[22:28] | I need you to take a picture of all the medications | 我要你在格洛丽亚的药柜那 |
[22:30] | in Gloria’s medicine cabinet. | 拍一张里面所存放的药品照片 |
[22:32] | Now, bear with me, this is technical. | 别不耐烦 这需要些技术 |
[22:35] | I need you to take a J-P-G on your smartphone | 我要你用智能手机拍一张JPG格式的照片 |
[22:38] | and then mail that to Jo’s computer. | 然后发邮件到乔的电脑上 |
[22:40] | Henry, I’m on it. | 亨利 我这就去办 |
[23:31] | That’s nice. | 好漂亮啊 |
[23:33] | Bathroom. | 卫生间 |
[23:51] | Bingo. | 找到了 |
[23:54] | You know I figured it out, right? | 你知道我能想出来的 |
[23:56] | I know your secret, Henry. | 我知道你的秘密 亨利 |
[23:59] | Your whole issue with the museum. | 你为什么不愿去博物馆 |
[24:01] | You’re a modern-art guy. | 你喜欢现代艺术 |
[24:03] | Trust me, I’m a classicist. | 相信我 我是古典主义者 |
[24:05] | All right. Now I’m really confused. | 好吧 这下我真的不懂了 |
[24:07] | You gonna keep me guessing? | 你要让我一直猜下去吗 |
[24:11] | It reminds me of someone. | 那里会让我想起一个人 |
[24:14] | Who? | 谁 |
[24:17] | Come on, Henry. I’m an NYPD detective. | 说吧 亨利 我是纽约警察局的警官 |
[24:20] | I’m gonna get a name out of you. | 我肯定会问出个名字的 |
[24:22] | Trust me, time is on my side. | 相信我 我有的是时间 |
[24:24] | You’ll find with me, Jo, | 乔 你会发现在我身上 |
[24:26] | that’s not usually the case. | 情况会有所不同 |
[24:28] | Hey, we got Abe’s pictures. | 收到亚伯的照片了 |
[24:35] | No. | 不是 |
[24:37] | No. | 也不是 |
[24:39] | For the heart. For the lungs. | 心脏药物 肺部药物 |
[24:41] | Blood pressure. | 血压 |
[24:44] | It’s not here. | 不在这里 |
[24:45] | – What’s not here? – The toxin. | -什么不在这里 -毒药 |
[24:47] | None of these medications | 这些药品里 |
[24:48] | would have caused a stroke in the temporal lobe. | 没有一样是会引起颞叶中风的 |
[24:54] | What do we do now? | 那我们现在怎么做 |
[24:56] | Well, we have no suspect, no poison. | 没有嫌疑人 不知道毒药 |
[24:58] | We’re nowhere, Henry. | 我们根本无从下手 亨利 |
[24:59] | The lawyers are gonna take over. | 律师们会来接手 |
[25:01] | First, the medical examiner blabs to the press. | 首先是验尸官向媒体说漏了嘴 |
[25:03] | Now you’re dragging your heels. | 现在你又拖拖拉拉地毫无进展 |
[25:06] | You have your suspect. | 你们不是有嫌疑人了 |
[25:08] | Indict him. | 起诉他 |
[25:10] | My family has endured enough. | 我们家已经受够了 |
[25:12] | He has epilepsy. | 他有癫痫 |
[25:15] | What? | 什么 |
[25:16] | Henry, wait, wait. | 亨利 等下 |
[25:19] | Mr. Carlyle. | 卡莱尔先生 |
[25:20] | What is he doing here? | 他在这干什么 |
[25:22] | I thought he was removed from the case. | 我以为他已经被踢出这个案子了 |
[25:23] | What do you take for your epilepsy? | 您在服用什么药物治疗癫痫 |
[25:25] | – What? – The medication. Is it phenytoin? | -什么 -药物 是不是苯妥英 |
[25:28] | – Or some other anticonvulsant? – I don’t have to answer that. | -还是别的抗惊厥药 -我没必要回答你 |
[25:30] | – What is this? – Dr. Morgan, this is not the time. | -这算什么 -摩根医生 现在不是时候 |
[25:32] | Okay, Henry, let’s go. | 好了 亨利 我们走 |
[25:33] | This is important. The case depends on it. | 这很重要 这是案子的关键点 |
[25:36] | Do you take phenytoin? | 您有没有服用苯妥英 |
[25:37] | Yes, millions of people do. | 有啊 上百万的人都用 |
[25:38] | Why are you asking me this? | 你为什么要问我这个 |
[25:40] | Because it’s the drug that killed your mother. | 因为就是这种药杀了您的母亲 |
[25:48] | Are we really doing this? Questioning Conrad Carlyle? | 我们真要这么干吗 盘问康拉德·卡莱尔 |
[25:51] | He’s one of the most powerful people in the whole city. | 他是市里最有权势的人之一 |
[25:53] | Yeah, it’s risky, but the will gives him motive. | 这的确很冒险 但是遗嘱给了他动机 |
[25:56] | The prescription, the means. | 处方就是他拿到药的方式 |
[25:57] | We have to talk to him. | 我们要跟他谈谈 |
[25:58] | What do you want to do, boss? | 你想怎么办 老大 |
[26:01] | Bring him in. | 把他带来 |
[26:04] | Mr. Carlyle, how would you characterize | 卡莱尔先生 你会怎么描述 |
[26:06] | your relationship with your mother? | 您和您母亲之间的关系 |
[26:08] | Conflicted. | 矛盾 |
[26:10] | I’m not here. | 当我不存在 |
[26:12] | No, you are not. | 你是不存在 |
[26:14] | Did your mother threaten to take you out of the will? | 您母亲有没有威胁过将您从遗嘱中移除 |
[26:16] | Often. | 经常这么干 |
[26:17] | But I always managed to get myself written back in. | 不过我总能让她再把我写回去 |
[26:20] | Not this time. | 这次不行了 |
[26:23] | You were not in the will? | 您不在遗嘱上吗 |
[26:25] | I know my mother, detective. | 我很了解我的妈妈 警官 |
[26:26] | When she threatened to write me out, | 当她威胁我要把我除名时 |
[26:27] | it meant that she’d already done it. | 意思就是她早就把我除名了 |
[26:29] | Of all the people who wanted her to live, | 作为希望她活下来的人中的一员 |
[26:31] | I had the most to gain. | 我的收益最大 |
[26:33] | There goes his motive. | 那就是他的动机 |
[26:35] | I hated my mother. | 我恨我母亲 |
[26:36] | But I did not kill her. | 但是我没有杀她 |
[26:38] | She was a miserable old woman. | 她是个可悲的老女人 |
[26:39] | Most of New York hated her. | 大多数纽约人都恨她 |
[26:41] | – Who knows how she got that way? – What is it? | -谁知道她是怎么做到的 -这是什么 |
[26:44] | This room is filled with Degas, Monet, all masterpieces. | 这屋子里全都是德加 莫奈 名家巨作 |
[26:48] | And one painting by an unknown Argentinean. | 却有一幅无名阿根廷人的作品 |
[26:53] | The Vermeers. | 维梅尔先生和太太 |
[26:57] | Abigail, this is Gloria. | 阿比盖尔 这位是格洛丽亚 |
[27:00] | It’s her party. | 这是她的派对 |
[27:01] | I think you have someone special here, Abigail. | 我觉得这位是你爱的人 阿比盖尔 |
[27:04] | I think you’re right. | 我觉得你说得对 |
[27:06] | Do you have someone special? | 你有爱的人吗 |
[27:09] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是啊 是啊 我有 |
[27:13] | Unfortunately, he couldn’t be here tonight. | 可惜他今晚来不了 |
[27:15] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[27:16] | Mother! | 妈妈 |
[27:19] | Daddy says it’s time to go. We have to go, now. | 爸爸说我们该走了 就现在 |
[27:23] | Well, good night. | 那晚安吧 |
[27:25] | They tell me it stopped raining. | 他们说雨已经停了 |
[27:27] | Should be a beautiful evening. | 今晚夜色一定很美 |
[27:30] | Let’s go, Conrad. | 我们走 康拉德 |
[27:38] | Unless you have anything of substance here, | 没有什么实质性证据的话 |
[27:40] | this conversation is over. | 谈话到此结束 |
[27:46] | It’s not all bad. | 也不全是坏事 |
[27:47] | We know the type of drug that poisoned Gloria. | 我们已经知道毒死格洛丽亚的药品种类 |
[27:49] | That’s something. | 这就是收获 |
[27:50] | And Conrad’s argument’s hardly an alibi. | 康拉德的辩解不能算是不在场证明 |
[27:52] | Henry, we have your guess. That’s it. | 亨利 我们只有你的猜测 没别的了 |
[27:54] | There’s no tox report. | 没有毒理报告 |
[27:55] | We still need proof the drug was in her system, | 我们需要证据证实她体内有那个药物 |
[27:57] | what it was, and when she was poisoned. | 是哪种药物 以及中毒时间 |
[27:59] | And we don’t have her body. | 而我们根本没有她的尸体 |
[28:03] | – Lucas. – Yes? Hey! Hi. | -卢卡斯 -什么 你们好 |
[28:07] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[28:10] | Okay. Before I tell you, | 好吧 我告诉你之前 |
[28:11] | I’d really prefer you don’t get mad. | 希望你别生气 |
[28:14] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[28:15] | Lucas took a long lunch. | 卢卡斯中饭吃了很久 |
[28:18] | Lucas never takes a lunch longer than half an hour, | 卢卡斯吃中饭从来不超过半个小时 |
[28:21] | enough time to enjoy exactly one comic book. | 那点时间刚好够看一本漫画书 |
[28:23] | It’s a graphic novel. | 是漫画小说 |
[28:25] | He’s also wearing his metrocard lanyard, | 他还挂着他的捷运卡 |
[28:26] | which he usually hangs on the light behind his work station | 平时一般都挂在工作台后面的灯上 |
[28:28] | until he leaves at 8:00. | 直到他八点下班才会拿走 |
[28:33] | Where did you go, Lucas? | 你去哪了 卢卡斯 |
[28:36] | I went to the funeral home | 我去了殡仪馆 |
[28:38] | and did a biopsy on Gloria Carlyle’s liver. | 然后对格洛丽亚·卡莱尔的肝脏进行了切片检查 |
[28:41] | Wait, what?! | 等等 什么 |
[28:42] | How? | 怎么做到的 |
[28:44] | I told them Dr. Vaughn | 我跟他们说沃恩医生 |
[28:45] | left his wedding ring inside the body | 把他的婚戒落在了她体内 |
[28:48] | and I had to… retrieve it. | 我得把它取出来 |
[28:52] | Okay, h-h-hold on. | 等等 |
[28:53] | – You went to a funeral home — hey! – Yeah. | -你去了殡仪馆 -对 |
[28:56] | Did an unauthorized exam on a person | 对一个在你午餐时间就要下葬的人 |
[28:58] | about to be buried on your lunch break? | 做了一个未经授权的检查 |
[29:00] | This was all my fault, all right? | 这一切都是我的失误 |
[29:02] | I’m trying to fix this. | 我是想弥补 |
[29:03] | Wow, you are pretty when you’re mad. | 你生气的时候漂亮极了 |
[29:05] | – Lucas? – Yes? | -卢卡斯 -怎么了 |
[29:10] | It’s the best thing you’ve ever done. | 这是你干过的最出色的一件事 |
[29:14] | That’s probably the first real compliment you’ve ever given — | 这好像是你第一次真心实意地夸我 |
[29:16] | – Not now. We’ve got work to do. – Yeah, okay. | -现在不是时候 我们还有工作 -对 |
[29:19] | Okay. For the record, I did not hear any of this. | 我什么都没听见 |
[29:22] | Got it. | 明白 |
[29:26] | I was right. | 我猜得没错 |
[29:27] | It was phenytoin — three times the usual does. | 就是苯妥英 正常剂量的三倍 |
[29:30] | But she wasn’t poisoned at the party. | 但她不是在宴会上被下药的 |
[29:32] | Based on the damage to her liver, | 根据她的肝脏损伤 |
[29:33] | it was taken three hours earlier. | 药是在宴会开始之前三小时服用的 |
[29:36] | Who was with Gloria before she left? | 她离开前 和谁在一起 |
[29:37] | That’s the killer. | 那个人就是凶手 |
[29:39] | Conrad wasn’t there. Neither was Lance or Sofia. | 康拉德不在 兰斯和索菲娅也都不在 |
[29:41] | Just the nurse, Marta. | 只有那个护士 玛塔 |
[29:43] | Jo, they read the will. | 乔 遗嘱公布了 |
[29:46] | The nurse got everything. | 那个护工得到了所有财产 |
[29:58] | Marta, I’m Detective Hanson. | 玛塔 我是汉森警探 |
[30:00] | You know why you’re here? | 知道你为什么在这里吗 |
[30:01] | This is about the money. | 跟遗产有关 |
[30:02] | Know what happens if she’s charged with murder? | 如果她被控谋杀的话 会怎么样 |
[30:05] | The family lawyers contest the will | 家族律师会对遗嘱提出质疑 |
[30:07] | and the money goes back to them. | 遗产会回到他们手里 |
[30:09] | Marta, | 玛塔 |
[30:11] | Gloria Carlyle was poisoned with phenytoin. | 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔被人下了苯妥英 |
[30:14] | You were in charge of her medications, weren’t you? | 她的药物都是你在负责的不是吗 |
[30:16] | Yes. But I would never hurt her. | 是 但我绝不会伤害她 |
[30:19] | I was her nurse for 20 years. | 我做她的护工20年了 |
[30:21] | How’d she treat you? | 她待你如何 |
[30:22] | Poorly at first. | 开始很恶劣 |
[30:24] | She was old, angry, | 她当时年纪大 脾气差 |
[30:27] | but someone had to take care of her. | 但总得有人照顾她 |
[30:29] | No one else would. | 没其他人愿意 |
[30:31] | Marta, take me through the night Gloria died, | 玛塔 跟我说说格洛丽亚死的那晚 |
[30:35] | step by step. | 事无巨细地说 |
[30:36] | It was like any other. Dinner was served at 5:00. | 和其他晚上一样 晚饭是五点吃的 |
[30:40] | I helped dress her for the party at half past. | 五点半的时候我帮她打扮 准备参加晚宴 |
[30:43] | She was cold, so I made her a fire. | 她觉得冷 所以我帮她生了火 |
[30:45] | A fire? | 火 |
[30:46] | – While she was dressing… – The sun was still out. | -她还在打扮的时候 -那会太阳还没下山 |
[30:49] | It was warm, mid-80s. | 还很暖和 傍晚时分 |
[30:50] | A fire would have been unbearable. | 火炉会让人受不了 |
[30:53] | Something doesn’t fit. We have to go there. | 有地方不对 我们得去那里一趟 |
[30:56] | Conrad’s not gonna let us in. | 康拉德不会让我们进去的 |
[30:57] | It’s not his anymore. | 已经不是他的财产了 |
[31:02] | Be careful with those boxes. | 小心那些箱子 |
[31:04] | You got it, Mr. Berkowitz. | 没问题 伯克威茨先生 |
[31:07] | Excuse me. Who are you? | 抱歉 你们是谁 |
[31:10] | Detective Martinez, NYPD. | 纽约警局的马丁内兹警探 |
[31:11] | Where’s Gloria Carlyle’s bedroom? | 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔的卧室在哪 |
[31:13] | – Upstairs. Master suite. – Great. | -楼上的主套间 -很好 |
[31:18] | Touch nothing! | 什么都别碰 |
[31:22] | Marta said Gloria was cold. | 玛塔说格洛丽亚当时觉得冷 |
[31:24] | She wanted a fire. | 想生火 |
[31:26] | Older people get cold, Henry. | 老年人是不经冷 亨利 |
[31:30] | I think there was another reason. | 我觉得还有别的原因 |
[31:49] | I’ve only seen that in old movies. | 我只在老电影里见过 |
[31:51] | Those movies weren’t old to Gloria. | 对格洛丽亚来说 那些电影可不老 |
[31:58] | This room is filled with Degas, Monet, all masterpieces. | 这屋子里都是德加 莫奈 名家巨作 |
[32:02] | And one painting by an unknown Argentinean. | 却有一幅无名阿根廷人的作品 |
[32:11] | Arty! | 亚蒂 |
[32:13] | Damn it! This isn’t a complete set. | 该死 这不是完整的一套 |
[32:16] | There’s only 23 champagne glasses. | 只有23个香槟杯 |
[32:17] | We’re missing one. | 少了一个 |
[32:19] | The list was checked only a week ago. | 这单子一星期之前才确认过 |
[32:20] | Look. “Complete set.” | 你看 上面写着“完整的一套” |
[32:23] | Never drink and you never lose your head. | 从不喝酒 也就不会失去理智 |
[32:25] | She never drank. | 她从不喝酒 |
[32:27] | These are vintage coupe glasses, | 这些都是复古香槟杯 |
[32:31] | her personal set. | 她的私人收藏 |
[32:32] | – Were they stored here? – Yeah. | -它们储藏在这儿了 -对 |
[32:34] | You know your glassware. | 你是玻璃器皿行家啊 |
[32:35] | If you ever have a, uh, case with interesting antiques, | 如果有什么有趣的古董 |
[32:38] | call me. | 找我 |
[32:40] | We’re not afraid of dead bodies. | 我们不怕死人 |
[32:42] | We’ll step right over them. | 会直直地跨过去的 |
[32:46] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[32:47] | She never drank, yet there’s one glass missing. | 她从不喝酒 但却少了一个杯子 |
[32:49] | Marta’s story doesn’t make sense. | 玛塔说的话就解释不通了 |
[32:51] | Okay, Ray. I’ll check the dinner plates. | 好了 雷 我去看看餐盘 |
[32:53] | Dinner. | 晚饭 |
[32:55] | Jo, I know this is annoying, | 乔 我知道这很让人不爽 |
[32:57] | But can I please borrow your phone? | 但我能借用下你的手机吗 |
[32:59] | Marta, I don’t care where you’re from, | 玛塔 我不在乎你是从哪里来的 |
[33:01] | what kind of troubles you had back in the home country. | 在你的国家惹上了什么麻烦 |
[33:03] | My questions are only gonna get tougher here. | 我的问题只会越来越难对付 |
[33:08] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[33:10] | Oh, no. I’m not — | 不 我不会… |
[33:11] | H-Henry, I’m — | 亨利 我… |
[33:15] | What did Gloria have for dinner? | 格洛丽亚晚饭吃了什么 |
[33:16] | Duck confit. | 油封鸭 |
[33:17] | Duck confit. | 油封鸭 |
[33:21] | A traditional Gascony confit? | 传统的加斯科尼[法国南部地区]油封鸭吗 |
[33:25] | – Yes. – Yeah, traditional. | -对 -对 传统的那道 |
[33:26] | Don’t call me again, Henry. | 别再给我打电话了 亨利 |
[33:30] | It didn’t happen here. | 不是在这里发生的 |
[33:31] | She was given the drug later. | 她是之后被人下的药 |
[33:33] | What about the liver sample? | 那肝脏样本怎么说 |
[33:34] | Duck confit’s incredibly salty. | 油封鸭非常的咸 |
[33:36] | The sodium in her system | 她体内的钠离子 |
[33:37] | would have accelerated the drug’s effect. | 会加快药性的发作 |
[33:39] | The time of poisoning was wrong by 30 minutes, maybe an hour. | 三十分钟前下药是错误推断 可能是一个小时 |
[33:42] | So, she was killed before the gala. | 这么说她在宴会前就被人下了毒手 |
[33:44] | Let’s check the car. | 去检查下她的车 |
[33:46] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[33:46] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[33:48] | What are you doing here? | 你们怎么会在这里 |
[33:49] | Our job, sir. Asking questions. | 工作 先生 例行询问 |
[33:51] | This home belongs to the Carlyle Endowment. | 这个地方是属于卡莱尔家族捐赠的 |
[33:53] | I want you both out. | 你们俩给我出去 |
[33:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:56] | Why do you not want us to find your mother’s killer? | 为什么你不希望我们找出害死你母亲的凶手 |
[33:59] | You have Marta. Indict her. | 你们抓了玛塔 起诉她吧 |
[34:01] | By the time I’m done, you’ll be | 希望我办完事的时候 你们两个 |
[34:02] | solving crimes in the Port Authority Bus Station. | 已经在港务局公共汽车站办案了 |
[34:04] | Sir, I suggest you file a formal complaint | 先生 我建议你向我的长官 |
[34:06] | with my lieutenant. | 提出正式的投诉 |
[34:08] | Consider it done. | 如你所愿 |
[34:10] | Lieutenant Reece, this is Conrad Carlyle. | 里斯长官 我是康拉德·卡莱尔 |
[34:13] | I’m calling about two of your people. | 我想跟你说说你的两个手下 |
[34:25] | 1965 Rolls-Royce Phantom V. | 1965年生产的劳斯莱斯幻影Ⅴ |
[34:28] | Everyone should have one of these. | 所有人都该拥有一辆 |
[34:31] | Scottish leather. Maple inlays. | 苏格兰皮革 枫树镶件 |
[34:35] | Discreet bar. | 低调的酒箱 |
[34:45] | Murder weapon included. | 谋杀武器也在其中 |
[34:47] | This is where it happened. | 是在这里发生的 |
[34:49] | Who was in this limo with Gloria? | 谁和格洛丽亚一起坐的这车 |
[34:51] | Conrad, Sofia, Marta — one of them killed her. | 康拉德 索菲娅 玛塔当中的一个人杀了她 |
[35:00] | Jo, you don’t have to call anyone. | 乔 不用打电话 |
[35:03] | I know who did it. | 我知道是谁了 |
[35:08] | Lieutenant Reece, | 里斯长官 |
[35:11] | I want an explanation for this. | 我希望你能就此事给我一个解释 |
[35:13] | That’s why we’re here. | 这就是喊你们来的原因 |
[35:14] | Who killed my mother? | 是谁杀了我母亲 |
[35:16] | Gloria did. | 格洛丽亚自己 |
[35:20] | It was suicide? | 是自杀 |
[35:21] | My autopsy revealed a woman with months to live. | 尸检显示她还有几个月的生命 |
[35:24] | Gloria knew this, so she planned her own death, | 格洛丽亚知道这个情况 所以计划好了自杀 |
[35:26] | Down to the last detail — | 接下来详细地说 |
[35:28] | when she would take the drug that would kill her, | 她是什么时候服下了能致她死亡的药 |
[35:30] | how much time she would have after that. | 服药到药性发作又有多少时间 |
[35:34] | She chose the night of the gala | 她选择在宴会当晚实施自杀 |
[35:35] | because it was a celebration of her favorite place | 是因为宴会是对她最爱之地的庆祝 |
[35:38] | and her one chance to tell everyone | 也是她向所有人表达她对他们的 |
[35:40] | exactly what she thought of them. | 真实想法的机会 |
[35:42] | The party was her suicide note. | 宴会就是她的遗言 |
[35:44] | She left the gala knowing she only | 知道自己的时间所剩不多后 |
[35:45] | had a few moments to live. | 她离开了宴会 |
[35:48] | But she was held up by Lance. | 但她被兰斯拖住了 |
[35:50] | The drug was acting too fast now. | 而药效发作地太快 |
[35:52] | When she came to the stairs, she fell. | 当她到达楼梯时 她摔了下去 |
[35:56] | And here was my mistake. | 这部分是我的失误 |
[35:59] | I couldn’t imagine her dragging herself | 无法想像她忍受着无人能想像的痛苦 |
[36:02] | across the floor, | 拖着病体 |
[36:03] | 30 meters, in pain few could imagine. | 一路爬行了30米 |
[36:05] | I thought only fear could drive someone to do that. | 我以为只有害怕才能让人有这种举动 |
[36:07] | Henry, you’re lecturing. | 亨利 你又开始长篇大论了 |
[36:10] | Why did she do it? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[36:11] | Because there was another reason. | 因为有另一个原因 |
[36:14] | There was a letter in Gloria’s fireplace, | 格洛丽亚的火炉里有一封信 |
[36:16] | burned the night she died. | 在她自杀当晚被烧掉了 |
[36:17] | It was signed F.C. | 署名是F.C. |
[36:19] | This room is filled with Degas, Monet, all masterpieces. | 这屋子里都是德加 莫奈 名家巨作 |
[36:23] | What doesn’t belong here? | 有什么不属于这里呢 |
[36:28] | This. | 这个 |
[36:31] | A painting by an unknown artist. | 一幅无名艺术家的作品 |
[36:36] | In the 1950s, | 在20世纪50年代 |
[36:37] | Fernando Costa was a young painter on the rise — | 费尔南多· 科斯塔是一个冉冉升起的年轻画家 |
[36:39] | Promising, but hardly worthy of this museum. | 前途无量 但进这个博物馆却还不够格 |
[36:42] | Only one person could make this happen. | 只有一个人能让这成真 |
[36:44] | Gloria Carlyle. | 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 |
[36:47] | And she was in love with him. | 她当时爱上了他 |
[36:49] | Do you have someone special? | 你有爱的人吗 |
[36:50] | Yes, I do. | 是啊 我有 |
[36:52] | Unfortunately, he couldn’t be here tonight. | 可惜他今晚来不了 |
[36:55] | This theory is based on…Love. | 这个推理是以 爱为根据 |
[36:58] | We do have proof, correct? | 还有确凿的证据 对吧 |
[37:02] | Mr. Carlyle? | 卡莱尔先生 |
[37:04] | My father told me once | 我父亲曾说过一次 |
[37:06] | how she’d fallen in love with an artist. | 我母亲爱上了一位画家 |
[37:08] | He told me how he’d found out | 他发现以后又是如何 |
[37:12] | and threatened to ruin this young painter. | 威胁着要毁了这位年轻的画家 |
[37:15] | And mother relented and stayed. | 于是我母亲妥协留下了 |
[37:19] | Father took pride in having won her back. | 而父亲以将她赢回而沾沾自喜 |
[37:21] | He said it was just a dalliance | 父亲说那不过是一时迷情 |
[37:24] | that she’d forgotten. | 她早晚会忘记的 |
[37:26] | But he was wrong. | 可是他错了 |
[37:29] | She never forgave him. | 我母亲从未原谅过父亲 |
[37:34] | And I never forgave her. | 而我也从未原谅母亲 |
[37:42] | She donated millions of dollars | 她给展馆捐了数百万美元 |
[37:44] | to secretly keep this painting on display… | 偷偷地将画作在这里展出 |
[37:48] | and one day die in front of it. | 直至某一天可以死在画作前 |
[37:51] | I hope she saw it. | 希望她能看到 |
[38:10] | Good work back there. | 刚刚干得漂亮 |
[38:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:13] | You know, I know it’s hard to go someplace with old memories. | 我知道故地重游会让人难过 |
[38:18] | You do? | 你了解吗 |
[38:19] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[38:20] | Yeah, my husband and I, | 我老公生前和我 |
[38:21] | we used to have this spot in Chinatown. | 在唐人街就有一个故地 |
[38:24] | Best dim sum in the city. | 本市点心做得最好的地方 |
[38:27] | After he died, I went back exactly one time. | 他去世后 我只去过一次 |
[38:33] | The good memories, | 过去的美好记忆 |
[38:34] | those are the ones that hurt the most. | 才是最伤人的 |
[38:42] | Her name was Abigail. | 她的名字是阿比盖尔 |
[38:47] | And there you go. | 这才对嘛 |
[38:48] | We’re talking, getting to know each other. | 我们谈心 彼此开始了解 |
[38:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:52] | Now I have a serious question. | 我现在要问个严肃的问题 |
[38:55] | Yankees or Mets? | 洋基队还是大都会队 |
[38:57] | More of a cricket man. | 我更喜欢板球 |
[39:01] | Let’s go, partner. | 走吧 搭档 |
[39:05] | So, the nurse got everything, huh? | 遗产都给了那个护工啊 |
[39:07] | Amazing. | 挺神奇 |
[39:08] | Well, not exactly. | 不全是 |
[39:09] | Most of the money went to the museum | 大部分的钱都给了博物馆 |
[39:11] | and a handful of charities. | 还有部分慈善机构 |
[39:13] | Marta was left with a paltry $22 million. | 玛塔只拿到了两千两百万美元 |
[39:16] | Chump change. | 九牛一毛 |
[39:18] | And the family? | 家族里的人呢 |
[39:19] | Well, none will starve. | 反正都饿不死 |
[39:20] | The furniture and the ring will keep them | 单家具和戒指就够他们 |
[39:22] | wealthy for years to come. | 富足好几十年了 |
[39:25] | I think Gloria saw her fortune as a curse of sorts, | 我想格洛丽亚也许认为财富是对她的诅咒 |
[39:29] | the thing that kept her from love. | 让她得不到自己的爱 |
[39:32] | Ruined her life. | 耽误了她一生 |
[39:33] | Sad story, indeed. | 的确是个悲剧 |
[39:36] | I don’t know. | 不一定 |
[39:37] | In her last moments, she was with the man she loved. | 人生最后时刻 是和她爱着的男人在一起 |
[39:41] | It’s a sad story with a happy ending. | 是有美好结局的悲伤故事 |
[39:43] | I guess I’ll understand that when I’m older. | 可能等我再老点才能懂吧 |
[39:48] | Think I’ll go for a stroll. | 我想出去散散步 |
[39:52] | Checkmate, by the way. | 将军 顺便说一下 |
[39:55] | Well done…Sir. | 好棋 先生 |
[39:58] | Oh, yeah. Take your coat. | 对了 带上外套 |
[40:00] | I don’t want to see you, uh, catch your death. | 我可不希望你感冒致死 |
[40:04] | Wait a minute. Where did you get this? | 等一下 这个是哪来的 |
[40:07] | Tell me the truth. Are you in communication | 跟我说实话 难道你和 |
[40:09] | with one or more of the Berkowitz Brothers? | 伯克威茨兄弟有来往 |
[40:11] | Because I forbid that. | 坚决不允许 |
[40:16] | Better. | 这才对 |
[40:21] | For the dead, all is forgotten. | 对于死了的人 一切都被遗忘 |
[40:24] | But all is not lost | 但这一切却并没有消失 |
[40:25] | because they’re remembered by us. | 因为我们还记得 |
[40:29] | Some we think of fondly, others less so. | 一些人是我们忆起仍深爱的 另一些则不然 |
[40:32] | A few are remembered by many, | 少数人活在众人的记忆中 |
[40:36] | and some by only a few. | 而一些人只有少数人还记得 |
[40:50] | Promise me we’ll never be like Gloria and her husband, | 答应我 我们永远不会像格洛丽亚和她丈夫那样 |
[40:54] | that we’ll always love each other. | 我们要永远爱着彼此 |
[40:56] | Oh, never like them. Of course. | 永远不会像他们那样 毋庸置疑 |
[40:59] | My Henry. | 我的亨利 |
[41:01] | Someday I’ll be gone and you’ll still be here. | 总有一天 我会死去而你会继续活着 |
[41:05] | Abigail… | 阿比盖尔 |
[41:09] | This may be rash… | 也许这样有点轻率… |
[41:15] | I don’t know what the future holds. | 我不知道未来如何 |
[41:18] | But as long as I’m alive… | 但只要我活着 |
[41:21] | …I will always love you. | 我将永远爱你 |
[41:24] | Forever. | 永远 |
[41:26] | Will you marry me? | 嫁给我好吗 |