时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My name is Henry Morgan. | 我叫亨利·摩根 |
[00:03] | My story is a long one. | 我的故事说来话长 |
[00:06] | Something happened nearly two centuries ago. | 差不多两个世纪前发生了一点意外 |
[00:10] | And I was transformed. | 我被转化了 |
[00:12] | My life is just like yours. | 我的生命和你的几乎一样 |
[00:14] | Except for one small difference, | 除了一个小小的差别 |
[00:19] | it never ends. | 我的生命从没有尽头 |
[00:22] | Over the years, | 过了这么多年 |
[00:23] | you could say I’ve become a student of death. | 可以说我已经是死亡学家了 |
[00:25] | You see, I need to find a key to unlock my curse. | 我得找出破除诅咒的良方 |
[00:29] | So I currently work | 所以现在 |
[00:30] | for the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. | 我在纽约市的法医办公室工作 |
[00:32] | It holds the largest collection of slightly chilled | 这里有世界上最多的 |
[00:34] | corpses in the world. | 新鲜尸体 |
[00:35] | If your game is death, you go where the action is. | 如果你想了解死亡 就去死亡最多的地方 |
[00:51] | Raul. | 劳尔 |
[00:53] | What’d that bag do? | 那个沙袋怎么惹你了 |
[00:54] | Trying to get with your girl or something? | 女朋友惹你生气了 |
[00:56] | I just got a lot on my mind. That’s all. | 我只是要想的事情太多而已 |
[00:58] | You know, this whole mentoring thing works both ways, | 这整个指导的过程是双向的 |
[01:01] | if you’ve got a problem you want to talk about. | 如果你有事情想要谈谈的话 |
[01:05] | I appreciate it, little man, | 小家伙 我很感激 |
[01:07] | but I got to take care of this on my own. | 但这事我得自己来 |
[01:09] | I’ll see you tomorrow? | 那明天见 |
[01:11] | Yeah. You bet. | 没问题 |
[01:23] | I shouldn’t even be showing you this yet. | 我其实不应该给你们看这个的 |
[01:25] | Technically, it’s not on the market. | 准确来说 这房子没有在市面上出售 |
[01:27] | Oh, my God, Wendell, look. | 温德尔 快看这个 |
[01:29] | All of the moldings are original. | 所有的装饰线条还是最原始的状态 |
[01:32] | Still, part of me hears “Alphabet City” and thinks… | 但是我听说过有关”字母城”的事情 我觉得 |
[01:34] | Junkies and homeless people? | 瘾君子和无家可归的人 |
[01:36] | That’s the old Alphabet City. | 那是以前的字母城了 |
[01:38] | They’re putting in a new playground across the street. | 他们正在街对面建一个新的游乐场 |
[01:40] | Same people who did the high line. | 之前的高架索就是他们负责的 |
[01:42] | You smell something? | 你闻到味道了吗 |
[01:44] | There’s an artisanal cheese shop that just opened up next door. | 旁边有家手工奶酪店刚开业 |
[01:47] | All the buildings in this neighborhood | 这个社区的所有建筑 |
[01:48] | were built over 200 years ago. | 已经建成了两百年有余 |
[01:51] | They have great bones. | 结构都十分牢靠 |
[01:53] | Don’t they just ooze character? | 这难道不就是特别之处吗 |
[02:11] | That piece that we were looking for | 我们一直在找的那种 |
[02:13] | to tie the entire living room together, | 可以把整个客厅统一起来的柜子 |
[02:15] | I think I found it. | 我觉得我找到了 |
[02:20] | Oh, no, not for that house. | 不是 不是给那套房子的 |
[02:22] | For the Hamptons one. | 是汉普顿那套 |
[02:23] | Isn’t it perfect? | 这不是很完美吗 |
[02:25] | Oh, no, I know it’s not shabby chic, | 我知道不是我们要的那种破烂风 |
[02:27] | but if we painted it | 但如果我们重新上漆 |
[02:29] | then sandblasted it to give it that distressed look. | 再喷沙 以塑造一种贫苦的感觉 |
[02:32] | You’re selling my credenza? | 你居然在卖我的书柜 |
[02:33] | Your credenza? | 你的书柜 |
[02:36] | This is an antique shop, not a museum. | 这是家古玩店 不是博物馆 |
[02:37] | But that doesn’t mean we have to sell to just anyone. | 那也不代表我们可以随便卖给任何人啊 |
[02:40] | Our buyers have to be worthy of my… | 我们的买家必须得配得上我的 |
[02:42] | our antiques. | 我们的古董 |
[02:44] | Will do. I’ll pull the trigger, then. | 行吧 我这就买了 |
[02:46] | I’m terribly sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[02:47] | There’s been a misunderstanding. | 有一点误会 |
[02:48] | This piece isn’t for sale. | 这书柜并不出售 |
[02:50] | Oh, well, perhaps we haven’t found the right price. | 那是价格没谈拢吧 |
[02:54] | What do you want for it? | 开个价吧 |
[02:55] | How about an owner | 我开的价 就是一个 |
[02:56] | who doesn’t want to desecrate a one-of-a-kind antique? | 不会亵渎绝世珍宝的买家 |
[03:03] | I’ll be back, | 等你破产清仓的时候 |
[03:04] | for your going out-of-business sale. | 我还会回来的 |
[03:08] | She seemed upset. | 她看上去气坏了 |
[03:09] | He has that effect on people. | 他经常让人这样 |
[03:12] | Miss! | 女士 |
[03:13] | What are you? | 你来干什么 |
[03:13] | I’ve been trying to reach you. | 我一直在找你 |
[03:15] | You’ve got to get a cellphone. | 你得去买个手机了 |
[03:16] | Oh, I find those things utterly useless. | 我觉得那些东西一点用都没有 |
[03:18] | You could have just called. | 你打电话不就行了 |
[03:22] | So, how can I help you? | 我能帮到你什么 |
[03:23] | Well, I just had a quick question | 我只有一个 |
[03:24] | about some antique furniture. | 关于古董家具的问题 |
[03:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:27] | No. Henry, we caught a fresh one, as in body. | 假的 亨利 我们发现了一具新鲜尸体 |
[03:30] | But from what I hear, it’s not so fresh. | 据我听说 好像也不是那么新鲜了 |
[03:48] | You think this neighborhood is rough now? | 你觉得这个社区看起来乱吗 |
[03:50] | When I first started on the job, | 我刚开始工作的时候 |
[03:51] | there was a murder a week here. | 这里每周都有命案 |
[03:53] | Should have seen it in the ’80s. | 那你应该在80年代过来看看 |
[03:55] | 1980s. | 20世纪80年代 |
[03:57] | Are you really gonna try to out-old-school me, Henry? | 亨利 你是想给我上历史课吗 |
[03:59] | A century before that, on the week of August the 5th, | 一个世纪以前 在8月5号的那周 |
[04:02] | 420 people died here. | 420个人死在这里 |
[04:04] | – How? – Heat wave. | -怎么死的 -热死的 |
[04:06] | Thank God for air-conditioning. | 感谢上帝赐予我们空调 |
[04:10] | Every generation likes to think | 每一代人都认为 |
[04:12] | they’re improving upon the last, | 他们比上一代要进步 |
[04:15] | that progress is inevitable, | 进步是必然的 |
[04:17] | that the future holds less misery and suffering than the past. | 未来比过去会少一些苦难和折磨 |
[04:21] | But the truth is, some things never change. | 但事实是 有些事从未改变 |
[04:25] | History has a way of repeating itself. | 历史总会重复 |
[04:29] | It’s just most people don’t live long enough to see it happen. | 只是多数人没能活着见证这一切 |
[04:33] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[04:35] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[04:36] | Yes. Yes, fine. | 是的 我没事 |
[04:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:48] | Henry, let’s go. | 亨利 快走 |
[04:59] | Doc. | 医生 |
[05:01] | D.O.A.’s over here. | 尸体在这里 |
[05:06] | Decomp, obviously. No I.D. | 已经腐烂 很显然 身份不明 |
[05:08] | Rats did a real number on his face. | 老鼠把他的脸啃得不像样 |
[05:11] | Any idea how he died? | 知道他是怎么死的吗 |
[05:12] | The patrolman who found him said he had a needle in his arm. | 发现他的巡警说 他胳膊上有针头 |
[05:15] | Looks like we got ourselves an A.D.J. | 看起来我们又发现了一个A.D.J. |
[05:17] | A.D.J.? | 什么A.D.J. |
[05:18] | Another dead junkie. | 又一个死了的瘾君子 |
[05:20] | Regardless of this man’s habits, | 先不管他的爱好是什么 |
[05:22] | he still has a name, detective. | 他肯定是有名字的 警官 |
[05:25] | Judging by the decompositional changes, | 根据尸体的腐烂情况来看 |
[05:27] | he’s been dead three days, | 他已经死了三天了 |
[05:29] | and by his livor mortis, I’d say… | 根据他身上的尸斑来看 我要说 |
[05:33] | he’s been moved. | 他被移动过了 |
[05:35] | What’s more, the victim recently stepped in | 还有 被害人最近曾到过 |
[05:37] | some sort of granulated rubber… | 有橡胶颗粒的地方 |
[05:42] | Yet there’s no footprints. | 可地上没有脚印 |
[05:47] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[05:48] | Blunt-force contusion framed by a scalloped laceration. | 这个扇形伤口表明他曾被钝器所伤 |
[05:52] | The “victim” probably got high | “被害人”可能嗑药之后 |
[05:54] | and tripped down the stairs, doc. | 失足摔下楼梯了 医生 |
[05:56] | All probability aside, | 抛开所有猜测 |
[05:57] | I’d like to determine how he actually died. | 我要确定他真正的死因 |
[06:02] | – Hmm, that’s curious. – What? | -真奇怪 -怎么了 |
[06:04] | Whoever injected him missed the vein. | 给他注射的人居然没插进血管 |
[06:06] | You see how the opiate pooled in his muscle tissue? | 你看这些鸦片制剂集中在他的肌肉组织附近 |
[06:09] | Wait, what are y… what are you saying? | 等等 你刚才是说 |
[06:10] | He was injected post-mortem? | 他是在死后被注射的吗 |
[06:11] | Presumably by the same person responsible | 应该和给他头部造成瘀伤的 |
[06:13] | for his head trauma… | 是同一个人所为 |
[06:15] | This man’s actual cause of death. | 也是这个人的真正死因 |
[06:17] | You mean murderer? | 你说那个人是凶手 |
[06:19] | Yes. | 没错 |
[06:20] | That’s a much more succinct way of putting it. | 这是更简洁的说法 |
[06:22] | Hey, we’ve got a match on the victim’s DNA… | 我们找到了死者的身份 |
[06:24] | Raul Lopez. | 劳尔·洛佩兹 |
[06:27] | Told you he had a name. | 说了他是有名字的 |
[06:38] | I understand there is a backlog. | 我明白这挤压了很多工作 |
[06:42] | Yes, I know how many people die in New York every year. | 是的 我知道每年纽约都会死很多人 |
[06:46] | Of course I understand that toxicology is a science… | 我当然知道毒理学是一门科学 |
[06:49] | first used as evidence in trial in 1850 in Belgium, | 第一次作为庭审证据是在1850年的比利时 |
[06:52] | though its origins date back to Celsus, | 尽管它最初来自塞尔苏斯 |
[06:54] | the oft-forgotten Roman physician of the first century. | 常被世人遗忘的一世纪罗马内科医生 |
[06:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:58] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:01] | Well, that’s just rude. | 太没礼貌了 |
[07:02] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[07:04] | They’re telling me that Raul’s toxicology report | 他们跟我说劳尔的毒理学报告 |
[07:06] | is gonna take two weeks. | 要两周时间 |
[07:07] | And…? | 然后呢 |
[07:08] | Well, the heroin is the smoking gun. | 海洛因是确证证据 |
[07:10] | Each batch of heroin is unique. | 每批次的海洛因都是独一无二的 |
[07:12] | Like a snowflake. | 就像雪花一样 |
[07:13] | If we can I.D. the batch that Raul was injected with, | 如果我们能辨认出劳尔注射的批次 |
[07:16] | then we might be able to tie it back to a specific dealer | 那我们就能由此找出那个卖家 |
[07:18] | and then from the dealer to a person who purchased it… | 通过卖家找出买家 |
[07:20] | i.e., his killer. | 也就是凶手 |
[07:22] | Henry, I hate to break it to you, | 亨利 我不得不告诉你 |
[07:23] | but most murder cases aren’t solved with a smoking gun. | 大多数谋杀案就算有了确证证据也破不了 |
[07:26] | Brick by brick… | 一点一点地来 |
[07:27] | That is how you build a homicide case. | 这样才能建立一个命案 |
[07:29] | – But… – And if you do not learn to turn this job off, | -但是 -如果你不学着放下这个行事风格的话 |
[07:32] | you are gonna end up burned out | 最终你只会精疲力竭 |
[07:33] | or at the bottom of a bottle. | 一事无成 |
[07:35] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[07:42] | Don’t get me wrong. | 别误解 |
[07:43] | I’m thrilled to be here, | 能来这里我很激动 |
[07:44] | but what exactly are we looking for? | 但我们到底要找什么 |
[07:46] | A discarded heroin baggie. | 一个丢弃的海洛因垃圾袋 |
[07:48] | Didn’t the cops already do that? | 警察们难道没搜过 |
[07:50] | Yes, with about as much intensity as our colleagues | 搜过了 跟我们在毒理学实验室的同事 |
[07:53] | over at the toxicology lab. | 一样悠哉 |
[07:55] | By the time they determine which batch of heroin | 等到他们判断出劳尔注射的 |
[07:57] | Raul was injected with, | 是哪种海洛因 |
[07:59] | the case will be even less of a priority. | 这案子可能都过八百年了 |
[08:01] | And how is a man to be remembered? | 作为一个死了藏在衣柜里 |
[08:04] | As another dead junkie stuffed in a closet, | 被老鼠当作食物的瘾君子 |
[08:07] | eaten by rats. | 他要怎么被人记住 |
[08:10] | Rats. | 老鼠 |
[08:13] | Do you hear that? | 听见了吗 |
[08:16] | Uh, yeah, we’re in New York. | 听见了 我们可是在纽约 |
[08:18] | Animals’ tox screens are much faster than humans’. | 动物的毒理反应比人类快很多 |
[08:21] | If the rats ate Raul | 如果老鼠咬了劳尔 |
[08:22] | and Raul was filled with heroin… | 而劳尔体内都是海洛因 |
[08:24] | Then the rats ingested the heroin. | 那老鼠也摄入了海洛因 |
[08:26] | The opiates in their system | 它们体内的鸦片制剂 |
[08:27] | should make them much easier for you to catch. | 应该会让你更容易抓到它们 |
[08:29] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait… m-me to catch? | 什么 我抓 |
[08:30] | Happy hunting. | 狩猎愉快 |
[08:31] | Wait, hold on! What if I get bit? | 等等 万一我被咬了怎么办 |
[08:34] | Ah, yes. | 对了 |
[08:35] | Rats have been known to carry lassa fever, | 老鼠身上携带拉沙热 |
[08:37] | hantavirus, salmonella, | 汉坦病毒 沙门氏菌 |
[08:38] | and, of course, let’s not forget the black death. | 当然了 还有黑死病 |
[08:41] | I highly recommend that you don’t get bit. | 强烈建议你别被咬到 |
[08:44] | “Don’t get bit.” Okay. | “别被咬到” 好吧 |
[08:46] | That’s… That’s great advice. | 真是 真是好建议 |
[08:48] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[08:49] | Ooh! Wow, that’s a big one. Come here. | 哟 好大一只 过来 |
[09:12] | Visiting hours are over. | 探访时间结束了 |
[09:16] | How’d you get in this time… | 这次又是怎么进来的 |
[09:17] | crawling through the basement like a rat? | 跟老鼠一样从地下室爬进来的 |
[09:19] | This man is dead. | 这人死了 |
[09:21] | Why on earth haven’t you moved his body? | 你为什么没有把尸体挪走 |
[09:23] | This man died of typhus. | 他死于斑疹伤寒症 |
[09:24] | His body’s a breeding ground for disease. | 他的尸体是疾病的滋生地 |
[09:25] | The whole damn tenement’s a breeding ground, doctor. | 医生 这他妈整个房子都是疾病滋生地 |
[09:28] | They bring it with them from the old country. | 他们从自己国家带过来的 |
[09:33] | What was his name? | 他叫什么 |
[09:36] | Some immigrant. | 某个移民 |
[09:37] | Signed his name with an “X.” | 签名签的是X |
[09:39] | His name was Jacob. | 他叫雅各布 |
[09:42] | He was my father. | 是我爸爸 |
[09:54] | Looking for some “H”? | 要海洛因吗 |
[09:57] | Oh, I gave up opiates years ago. | 我很多年不碰鸦片制品了 |
[10:00] | Tell me, you don’t happen to know a Raul Lopez? | 你不会正好认识劳尔·洛佩兹吧 |
[10:02] | – You a cop? – No. | -你是警察 -不是 |
[10:04] | In fact, the majority of them don’t care for me very much. | 事实上 大部分警察都不怎么乐意搭理我 |
[10:07] | Did you ever sell to him? | 你有没有卖给过他 |
[10:08] | You want me to break my dealer/client privilege? | 你是要我打破买卖道德 |
[10:11] | It’s bad for business, bro. | 这是坏规矩 兄弟 |
[10:12] | Although I’m not a police officer per se, | 虽然我不是警察 |
[10:13] | I do know they’re investigating Raul’s death as an overdose. | 但我知道他们在调查劳尔的死 认为他服药过量 |
[10:18] | Can’t imagine that being good for business. | 无法想像这对你的生意有什么好处 |
[10:19] | Raul wasn’t using. | 劳尔不吸毒 |
[10:21] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[10:22] | It’s my job to know. | 这是我的工作 |
[10:23] | Raul used to be one of my best customers. | 劳尔以前是我最好的顾客之一 |
[10:26] | Since he got out of prison and moved in with his girlfriend, | 自从他出狱和女朋友同居之后 |
[10:28] | he stopped buying. | 他就不再买了 |
[10:31] | So, we cool? | 好了吧 |
[10:32] | Yeah, almost. | 基本上 |
[10:33] | First, I’d like to sample some of your wares. | 我想从你的货品里取点样 |
[10:35] | What’s the smallest amount? Do you sell by the milligram? | 你最少卖多少 毫克卖吗 |
[10:37] | What? | 什么 |
[10:38] | I wish to purchase some heroin. | 我想买点海洛因 |
[10:41] | Give me $40. | 给我40块 |
[10:48] | Hands in the air! | 把手举起来 |
[10:56] | Let me get this straight. | 我就直说了 |
[10:57] | You were buying narcotics on the street | 大半夜的 你在大街上 |
[11:00] | in the middle of the night | 抱着”研究目的” |
[11:01] | for “Research purposes?” | 买毒品 |
[11:03] | That’s the long and the short of it. | 大致就是这样 |
[11:05] | You know schedule 1 possession’s | 你知道持有1类管控药物 |
[11:06] | a year behind bars, right, doc? | 是要坐一年牢的吧 医生 |
[11:08] | Henry wasn’t gonna use the drugs. | 亨利不会吸毒的 |
[11:10] | Were you, Henry? | 对吧 亨利 |
[11:11] | My intention was to match the heroin on the street | 我的目的是想拿街上卖的海洛因 |
[11:15] | with the heroin injected into the murder victim. | 和被谋杀的死者注射的海洛因匹配 |
[11:17] | 20 years on the job… | 我在这行干了20年 |
[11:18] | That’s got to be the dumbest piece of police work | 这绝对是我听说过的 |
[11:20] | I have ever heard of. | 最扯的警务工作 |
[11:22] | Mission accomplished, doc. | 任务完成了 医生 |
[11:23] | Yeah, these little fellas are just starting to sober up. | 这些小家伙们开始清醒了 |
[11:26] | They were rolling pretty hard on the “H” train. | 在海洛因世界中忘我兴奋呢 |
[11:28] | That’s what the kids call it. | 孩子们都是这么形容的 |
[11:30] | – Are those… – Yeah. Rats. | -那些是… -对 老鼠 |
[11:32] | I didn’t know which one was eating at Raul, | 我不知道哪只咬了劳尔 |
[11:33] | so I just got the whole nest. | 所以把整窝都端了 |
[11:35] | And that way, they don’t get lonely. | 这样的话 它们也不会太孤单 |
[11:38] | Make that the second dumbest. | 这才是最扯的 |
[11:43] | Look, I know that this is difficult. | 我知道这很难接受 |
[11:45] | It’s him. That’s Raul. | 是他 是劳尔 |
[11:49] | Tattoo over his heart, that’s my name. | 他心口的纹身是我的名字 |
[11:55] | Listen, if you need a moment… | 如果你需要时间 |
[12:00] | When were you to be married? | 你们本来打算什么时候结婚 |
[12:04] | Uh, engagement ring without a band. | 订婚戒 |
[12:07] | Seems to be a bit loose, | 好像有点松 |
[12:08] | perhaps as a result of a crash diet. | 可能是因为你的速成节食 |
[12:11] | When was the big day? | 哪天结婚 |
[12:15] | Raul and I were supposed to be married this spring. | 我和劳尔本来要在这个春天结婚的 |
[12:19] | You know, according to his record, | 根据他的记录 |
[12:21] | your fiance had a history of drug abuse. | 你的未婚夫有滥用毒品的历史 |
[12:24] | I hate to ask, but… | 我不得不问 |
[12:26] | Whether he was using again? | 他有没有复吸 |
[12:28] | Right. | 对 |
[12:29] | Well, you said it yourself… | 你自己也说了 |
[12:30] | It was history. | 那是历史 |
[12:31] | Raul was more than some rap sheet. | 劳尔不只是一个有前科的人 |
[12:34] | Who was he? | 那他是谁呢 |
[12:35] | You ever been given a second chance? | 你就没有被给过第二次机会吗 |
[12:38] | Raul didn’t want to waste his. | 劳尔不想浪费他的 |
[12:40] | He landed on his feet when he got out of prison. | 他踏出监狱的那一刻就开始脚踏实地 |
[12:42] | Started working at the rec center. | 开始在健身馆工作 |
[12:44] | I don’t suppose it says | 估计那份档案上 |
[12:46] | anywhere in that file how many hours a week | 也不会提一个字他每周花多少时间 |
[12:48] | he spent mentoring those kids. | 教那些孩子 |
[12:52] | Raul didn’t want them to make the same mistakes he made. | 劳尔不希望他们跟他犯同样的错误 |
[12:57] | Listen, the last time you saw him, | 你最后一次见他 |
[12:59] | was there anything odd about the way he was acting? | 他有什么异常表现吗 |
[13:03] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[13:05] | Yeah, he was arguing on the phone | 有 离开公寓时 |
[13:09] | when he left the apartment. | 跟电话里的谁在吵架 |
[13:10] | With whom? Do you know? | 和谁 你知道吗 |
[13:12] | And y-you don’t happen to have that cell? | 手机不会在你这吧 |
[13:15] | That was the night he went missing. | 他就是在那个晚上失踪的 |
[13:20] | You really buying this story… Someone shot him up? | 你真的信这个 觉得他是被人注射过度死的 |
[13:22] | His fiancee says he was clean, | 他未婚妻说他没有复吸 |
[13:23] | and Dr. Morgan says he was murdered. | 摩根医生也说他是被谋杀的 |
[13:25] | Anything on Raul’s phone? | 劳尔的手机有进展吗 |
[13:27] | Ah, dead end. | 死胡同 |
[13:28] | He was using a prepaid cell… | 他用的是预付费手机 |
[13:29] | No way of retrieving his call record. | 没办法找回他的通话记录 |
[13:31] | Unless you have his actual cell. | 除非拿到那台手机 |
[13:33] | Ping it off the cell tower, find its location. | 从基站找到它的位置 |
[13:38] | Oh, hey. I was gonna go home and take a shower. | 我准备回家冲个澡 |
[13:40] | Been burning the midnight oil. | 一直在开夜工 |
[13:41] | You haven’t been home yet. | 你都没回过家 |
[13:42] | How long does it take to draw a vial of rat blood? | 抽一管老鼠血要多久 |
[13:44] | Oh, that’s… that… that’s done. | 那个…那个已经抽好了 |
[13:45] | Already got the tox reports back on our furry little friends. | 我们毛茸茸的小伙伴的毒理报告也已经拿回来了 |
[13:48] | – And? – Dead end. Yeah. | -然后呢 -就没有然后了 |
[13:50] | The heroin used to shoot up Raul | 给劳尔注射的海洛因 |
[13:52] | was tied to dozens of O.D.’s and possession charges. | 分析出来跟多种过量毒品和多个持有人有关 |
[13:54] | It’d be impossible to pinpoint it to one dealer. | 不可能明确到一个毒贩 |
[13:57] | Great. So, what were you doing all night? | 太好了 那你一整晚都在做什么 |
[14:00] | Obstructive bowel surgery. | 阻塞性肠手术 |
[14:05] | Look at him, just sleeping off the anaesthesia. | 看看它 靠着麻醉睡着了 |
[14:09] | You performed emergency rectal surgery on a rodent? | 你在一个啮齿动物身上做了紧急直肠手术 |
[14:12] | Uh, listen, | 听我说 |
[14:12] | I could tell that the little guy didn’t feel well, okay? | 我能看出来这小家伙不舒服 |
[14:16] | And when I opened him up, I figured out why. | 当我把它剖开时 我就知道了原因 |
[14:18] | Poor guy’s been eating junk… literally. | 这可怜的家伙一直在吃垃圾 |
[14:21] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[14:23] | A lottery ticket. | 彩票 |
[14:24] | Where’s the nutrition in that? | 这东西能有什么营养 |
[14:26] | Must have found it in the victim’s pocket. | 肯定是在被害人的口袋里找到的 |
[14:28] | I checked the numbers… He didn’t win. | 我看了下那组号码 没有中奖 |
[14:31] | Look at this. | 再看这个 |
[14:33] | Shaped like a boxing glove. | 形状像拳击手套 |
[14:35] | Guess he swallowed it when he ate the victim’s fingers. | 估计是它吃被害人手指的时候吞下去的 |
[14:37] | – Did Raul’s X-rays come back yet? – Yes. | -劳尔的X光拿到了吗 -拿到了 |
[14:41] | Just as I thought. | 跟我想的一样 |
[14:43] | Basilar skull fracture that led to an acute subdural hematoma | 头盖骨底部断裂导致了严重的硬脑膜下血肿 |
[14:46] | and then, shortly thereafter, death. | 很快就导致了死亡 |
[14:49] | Huh. His hand… It’s fractured. | 他的手 也断了 |
[14:51] | Rats probably chewed through it after Raul was dead. | 也许是在劳尔死后老鼠咬断的 |
[14:53] | I doubt it. | 我不认为 |
[14:54] | This fracture is of the transverse neck of his fourth metacarpal, | 这处断裂在他第四掌骨的横颈处 |
[14:57] | more commonly known as the pugilist break. | 大家都称之为拳击断手 |
[15:00] | Makes sense, being a golden glove boxer and all. | 说得通 毕竟是金手套拳击手 |
[15:02] | No, this fracture is new. | 不 这处断裂是新伤 |
[15:05] | He hit something or someone just before he died. | 在他死前 他打了某样东西或某个人 |
[15:11] | That’s right. Good. | 对 不错 |
[15:12] | Come on, now. Step into it. Step into it. | 来吧 加力 加力 |
[15:14] | Remember, all that power, it comes from your legs. | 记住 所有力量都来自你的腿部 |
[15:17] | Fabian North? | 法比安·诺斯 |
[15:18] | I want to ask you a few questions about Raul Lopez. | 我想问你几个关于劳尔·洛佩兹的问题 |
[15:22] | When Raul didn’t show, I knew it was something bad. | 劳尔没来上班 我就知道大事不妙 |
[15:25] | He never misses a day of volunteering. | 他从不缺席志愿活动 |
[15:27] | When was the last time you saw Raul? | 你最后一次见劳尔是什么时候 |
[15:30] | Four days ago. | 四天前 |
[15:31] | About what time? | 大概是什么时候 |
[15:32] | 9:00. | 九点 |
[15:33] | Exactly? | 整吗 |
[15:34] | I was closing down for the night. | 那时我正好在关门 |
[15:36] | I’m the one with the key. | 我是管钥匙的 |
[15:37] | Did Raul have any enemies that you know of? | 你知道劳尔有什么敌人吗 |
[15:40] | Enemies? | 敌人吗 |
[15:41] | No. | 没有 |
[15:42] | Everyone loved Raul. | 大家都爱劳尔 |
[15:44] | His fiancée said he was arguing with someone on the phone. | 他的未婚妻说他在电话里和某人吵架 |
[15:46] | Must have been somebody he had beef with. | 他一定是和什么人起了冲突 |
[15:50] | You know who Tommy Delgros is? | 你听说过汤米·德尔格罗斯吗 |
[15:51] | The real-estate developer? | 那个房地产开发商吗 |
[15:53] | Yeah, beef about what? | 听说过 他们因为什么起了冲突 |
[15:54] | Rec center’s on the chopping block. | 健身馆要卖掉了 |
[15:56] | Delgros is buying up half the old neighborhood. | 德尔格罗斯把半个旧社区都买下了 |
[15:58] | The new playground going up around the corner is his, | 转角那边新建的游乐场就是他的 |
[16:01] | and he’s looking to | 然后他还打算 |
[16:01] | build a bunch of million-dollar condos on either side. | 在其中一边建一堆价值百万的高级公寓 |
[16:04] | The laceration above your eye looks recent. | 你眼睛上面的伤口看起来是新的 |
[16:07] | Yeah, these kids are pretty tough. | 是啊 这些小子蛮难搞的 |
[16:10] | A gloved hand | 戴了拳击手套的话 |
[16:11] | would have an entirely different effect on the dermis. | 对下皮层造成的伤害是完全不同的 |
[16:14] | I never said it happened inside the ring. | 我可没说过这是在拳击场里弄的 |
[16:16] | Remember, most of these kids are from the streets. | 要记住 这些孩子大部分是混迹街头的 |
[16:19] | This is where Raul learned to fight, you know? | 劳尔就是在街头学会搏击的 知道吗 |
[16:22] | So, when Delgros came in | 所以 当德尔格罗斯到这里来 |
[16:23] | and threatened to tear down the place, | 威胁着要把这片地方拆了 |
[16:25] | I should have known Raul was gonna go down swinging. | 我就应该想到劳尔会抗争到底的 |
[16:32] | You don’t box? | 你不玩拳击吗 |
[16:37] | Neither do I. | 我也不玩 |
[16:40] | Though I’ve had my fair share of punches. | 尽管我揍过不少人 |
[16:45] | I once had my nose flattened to a pancake. | 有一次我的鼻子被打扁了 |
[16:50] | Do you play tennis? | 你玩网球吗 |
[16:53] | See any tennis courts around here? | 这附近有网球场吗 |
[16:56] | No. | 没有 |
[16:58] | I don’t. | 没看见 |
[17:03] | Did you know Raul? | 你认识劳尔吗 |
[17:06] | He was my big brother. | 他是我大哥 |
[17:08] | Not my real brother, | 不是我亲哥哥 |
[17:10] | but, you know, same thing. | 但你懂的 就是一回事儿 |
[17:12] | I’m sorry. | 节哀 |
[17:15] | Seems like he was a good man. | 看起来他人不错啊 |
[17:17] | Forget about it. | 算了 |
[17:32] | I know you’re not hungry, but you have to eat. | 我知道你不饿 但你必须吃东西 |
[17:36] | There’s more food for you in this sack. | 这麻袋里还有给你吃的东西 |
[17:38] | You need your strength. | 你得保持体力 |
[17:39] | You’re not supposed to be here. | 你不应该来这儿的 |
[17:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:43] | I snuck in through the tenement next door. | 我是从隔壁偷偷溜过来的 |
[17:45] | You could get lost in these basements. | 在这些地下室里很容易迷路 |
[17:48] | It’s for you. | 这是给你的 |
[17:50] | My father made it. | 是我爸爸做的 |
[17:53] | He was a leatherworker. | 他是个皮匠 |
[17:58] | A trespasser and a squatter hiding in the same hall. | 一个入侵者和一个钉子户躲在一间屋子里 |
[18:01] | Get them out of here. | 把他们从这里赶出去 |
[18:02] | Can’t you see that this boy is ill? | 你看不见这个男孩病了吗 |
[18:04] | All the more reason to get him off my property. | 又多了一个把他赶出去的理由 |
[18:05] | This child is an orphan because of you, | 这孩子被你害得变成了孤儿 |
[18:08] | because of the squalid conditions of your tenement. | 被你这寒酸的公寓害的 |
[18:10] | Did I force these people onto boats, doctor? | 难道是我逼这些人上船的吗 医生 |
[18:13] | They came here for a better life, | 他们来这儿寻找一个更好的生活 |
[18:14] | and they found it. | 而且他们找到了 |
[18:15] | Now, this may not be the Palace Hotel, | 这里也许不是什么豪华酒店 |
[18:18] | but it’s progress. | 但条件也好了不少了 |
[18:20] | You’d do well not to stand in the way. | 你最好别挡道 |
[18:24] | I’m not moving. | 我是不会让的 |
[18:27] | Well, we’ll see about that, doctor. | 走着瞧吧 医生 |
[18:33] | No! | 不要 |
[18:35] | No!! | 不要 |
[18:42] | Loosies. | 散装的 |
[18:44] | Hey, loosies. I got loosies here. | 散装的 这儿卖散装的啊 |
[18:45] | No, gave up smoking years ago. | 不用了 几年前就戒烟了 |
[18:49] | Yeah, loosies. | 是啊 散装的 |
[18:49] | Loose cigarettes. | 是指散装香烟 |
[18:51] | I grew up in a neighborhood like this. | 我就是在这种街区长大的 |
[18:52] | As a kid, I had no idea they were sold in packs. | 小时候我完全不知道它们是一包包卖的 |
[18:55] | Really… A female cop from a tough neighborhood? | 真的吗 一个不良街区出身的女警 |
[18:57] | I assume your father was in law enforcement. | 我还以为你爸是执法部门的呢 |
[19:01] | More like… | 其实应该是… |
[19:02] | the opposite. | 截然相反 |
[19:05] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[19:06] | You said Raul bought a lottery ticket the day he was killed. | 你说过劳尔在他被杀的那天买了彩票 |
[19:08] | This is where he bought it. | 这里就是他买彩票的地方 |
[19:10] | Around here, the bodega is the bank, post office, | 在这种地方 杂货店就是银行 邮局 |
[19:12] | and supermarket all rolled into one. | 还有超市的混合体 |
[19:15] | Of course I know Raul. | 我当然认识劳尔啦 |
[19:17] | Great guy. | 他是个好人 |
[19:18] | Bought a ticket that day. | 那天来买过一张彩票 |
[19:20] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[19:21] | Talk about your bad luck. | 他运气真不好 |
[19:24] | We heard there was bad blood between Raul and some | 听说劳尔和某些地产开发商 |
[19:27] | real-estate developer, | 闹得挺僵啊 |
[19:28] | Tommy Delgros? | 汤米·德尔格罗斯 |
[19:30] | Oh, if you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[19:31] | Raul was trying to rally business owners not to sell. | 劳尔想让几个店主联合起来不要把地卖掉 |
[19:34] | Three generations, | 整整三代 |
[19:35] | this bodega’s been open 24/7 every day of the year, | 这个杂货店每时每刻都开着 |
[19:38] | including Christmas. | 即便是圣诞节 |
[19:39] | All night, I got junkies trying to steal baby formula | 每天都有瘾君子想来这里偷婴儿奶粉 |
[19:42] | so they can trade it in for smack. | 好拿去卖了换海洛因 |
[19:44] | I’ve been stuck up more times than I can count. | 我在这里已经待得够久了 |
[19:48] | See, Raul only sees the best in this neighborhood. | 劳尔只看到这一带美好的一面 |
[19:51] | But me, | 但对我来说 |
[19:54] | I’ve seen enough. | 我是看透了 |
[19:55] | I’m ready to sell, | 我已经准备把这里卖掉 |
[19:56] | and Mr. Delgros made me an offer. | 德尔格罗斯先生愿意买下这里 |
[20:06] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[20:09] | Can’t you two read? This is a closed site. | 你们俩不识字的吗 这里禁止进入 |
[20:11] | Yeah, NYPD. | 好吧 纽约警局 |
[20:12] | Is Mr. Delgros here? | 德尔格罗斯先生在吗 |
[20:13] | We have some questions. | 我们有些问题要问他 |
[20:15] | He’s not. | 他不在 |
[20:15] | Can I pass along a message? | 要我帮传个口信吗 |
[20:19] | Remember Raul’s shoes? | 还记得劳尔的鞋子吗 |
[20:21] | He walked through a partially dried rubber surface | 在他被谋杀的当晚 |
[20:23] | the night he was murdered. | 他走过了一条半干的橡胶路 |
[20:24] | What’s more, | 除此之外 |
[20:25] | the building where he was dumped abuts this playground, | 抛尸地点离这片操场很近 |
[20:28] | close enough for him to have been carried. | 这距离足以让凶手把他搬过去 |
[20:31] | He was struck by a blunt object with a sharp, | 他被一个带有扇型尖利边缘的钝物 |
[20:34] | scalloped edge. | 击中 |
[20:35] | Excuse me. Do you mind? | 不好意思 介意让我用一下吗 |
[20:37] | Perhaps a shovel. | 比如一把铲子 |
[20:40] | This is where it all happened. | 这就是案发现场 |
[20:42] | Hanson said his cellphone is | 汉森说他的手机 |
[20:43] | still transmitting from somewhere around here. | 仍然从这附近的某处发射信号 |
[20:45] | Do you have Raul’s number? | 你有劳尔的电话号码吗 |
[20:46] | Yes, I do. | 我有 |
[20:53] | Okay, it’s ringing. | 打通了 |
[20:59] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:01] | How many days ago was this poured? | 这条路是几天前铺的 |
[21:02] | I don’t know, a day or two ago? | 我也不清楚 一两天吧 |
[21:05] | I lost the signal. | 没有信号了 |
[21:09] | Call that number again, detective. | 警官 再打一次 |
[21:16] | What is he doing? | 他在干什么 |
[21:22] | Is he kidding me? | 他来真的吗 |
[21:39] | – Henry. – I better get Mr. Delgros. | -亨利 -我还是把德尔格罗斯先生叫过来吧 |
[21:41] | Yes. You do that. | 去吧 |
[21:46] | It’s down here somewhere. | 就在这下面 |
[21:48] | You mind telling me what the hell is going on?! | 你能告诉我发生什么了吗 |
[21:50] | – Mr. Delgros? – Yeah. | -德尔格罗斯先生吗 -没错 |
[21:51] | – Detective Martinez. – Who’s your friend? | -我是马丁内兹警探 -你这位朋友是谁 |
[21:53] | That is Dr. Henry Morgan. | 这位是亨利·摩根医生 |
[21:54] | Doctor, huh? Doctor of what? | 医生是吧 什么医生 |
[21:56] | Pathology, amongst other things. | 病理学及其它学科 |
[21:58] | What’s he doing tearing up my construction site? | 他在这破坏我的建筑工地是要干什么 |
[22:01] | Crime scene. | 这里是犯罪现场 |
[22:02] | We believe a man named Raul Lopez | 我们相信一个名叫劳尔·洛佩兹的人 |
[22:04] | was murdered here four days ago. | 四天前在这里被谋杀 |
[22:07] | Raul who? | 劳尔什么 |
[22:12] | Yes! Yes! | 就是这个 |
[22:14] | I found it. | 我找到了 |
[22:15] | The murderer tried to destroy the evidence | 凶手企图消灭 |
[22:17] | that linked him to the crime, | 能将他与罪案联系起来的证据 |
[22:19] | Only he forgot to turn the phone off. | 可惜他忘记把手机关机了 |
[22:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:23] | He placed a call. | 他打过一个电话 |
[22:24] | 9:36 — half an hour before our time of death. | 9:36 距离判定的死亡时间早半小时 |
[22:27] | Well, try it. | 打过去试试 |
[22:27] | I hate to interrupt, but who the hell is Raul Lopez? | 真不想打断你们 但劳尔·洛佩兹到底是谁 |
[22:37] | Funny you don’t remember him. | 真有意思 你居然不记得他 |
[22:39] | You’re the last one he called before he died. | 他死前最后一个电话是打给你的 |
[22:48] | I hope you don’t mind answering a few questions, Mr. Delgros. | 希望你不介意回答几个问题 德尔格罗斯先生 |
[22:51] | Not at all. I hope you don’t mind. | 没关系 希望你们不介意 |
[22:52] | My attorney, uh, insisted on joining us. | 这是我的律师 他坚持要参加 |
[22:56] | Looks like someone else is feeling a bit left out, huh? | 看起来有人好像觉得被忽略了 |
[22:59] | In or out, Henry. Which is it? | 不进来就出去 亨利 选一个 |
[23:02] | Don’t mind if I do. | 希望不要介意我的加入 |
[23:04] | Mr. Delgros, you said you never spoke to the victim. | 德尔格罗斯先生 你说从未和被害人说过话 |
[23:08] | He never said who he was. | 他从没告诉我他的名字 |
[23:10] | Look, I get a lot of angry phone calls. | 我每天都会接到很多愤怒的电话 |
[23:12] | I don’t know how they get my number. | 都不知道他们是怎么得到我的号码的 |
[23:14] | So, what was Raul so angry about? | 那么劳尔因为什么事而愤怒呢 |
[23:17] | The fact that I wanted to take a neighborhood | 因为我想买下一个 |
[23:18] | that’s been left to rot for a hundred years | 快一百年无人问津的社区 |
[23:20] | and finally fix it up. | 好好整顿一番 |
[23:21] | What about the recreation center? | 健身馆怎么办 |
[23:23] | Where are those children gonna play once you tear it down? | 你把那拆除了 孩子们以后去哪玩 |
[23:25] | – Doctor. – No, no, no. No. | -医生 -不 没事 |
[23:27] | That’s a — that’s a fair question. | 这问题提的很合理 |
[23:30] | That’s exactly why we’re building them a new playground. | 所以我们在为他们建一个新的游乐场 |
[23:32] | Where all the wealthy children will get to play | 有钱人家的孩子可以在那玩耍 |
[23:34] | once the poor ones have been dispossessed… | 而那些穷人家的孩子再一次 |
[23:36] | again. | 被驱逐出去 |
[23:39] | Where did you find this guy — | 你们从哪找来的这人 |
[23:40] | the local preservation society? | 地方保护协会吗 |
[23:41] | Do you know what the Germans, the Puerto Ricans, | 你知不知道德国人 波多黎各人 |
[23:43] | and the Irish have in common? | 和爱尔兰人有什么共同之处 |
[23:45] | They all settled in Alphabet City | 他们都居住在字母城 |
[23:47] | ’cause no other neighborhood would have them. | 因为他们无法融入其他社区 |
[23:49] | I don’t need a history lesson from you, doctor. | 我不需要你来给我上历史课 医生 |
[23:51] | My grandfather was one of them. | 我的祖父就是其中一员 |
[23:53] | We live on an island — you want to build something new, | 我们住在岛上 如果你想建立新家园 |
[23:55] | you have tear something old down. | 就必须把旧的拆除掉 |
[23:58] | It’s the price of progress. | 这就是进步的代价 |
[24:00] | The price of you making my work site a crime scene | 你们把我的工地变成犯罪现场的代价是 |
[24:02] | is 20 grand a day. | 是两万一天 |
[24:03] | Now, the sooner you can solve that, the better. | 所以你们越早解决这个案子就越好 |
[24:06] | Is there anything else? | 还有其他问题吗 |
[24:08] | No, I think that about covers it. | 没有了 我觉得这就差不多了 |
[24:10] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你拨冗 |
[24:11] | No problem. You have a good day. | 不客气 祝愉快 |
[24:16] | You’re just letting him go? | 就这样让他走了吗 |
[24:18] | I’m sorry, Henry, but… | 很抱歉 亨利 但是… |
[24:20] | one phone call from the victim isn’t enough to hold him. | 光凭死者给他打的一个电话可不能拘留他 |
[24:23] | What about his alibi? | 那他的不在场证明呢 |
[24:24] | Guy like that’s not gonna get his own hands dirty. | 像他那种人可不会弄脏自己的手 |
[24:26] | If you’re gonna tie this guy to the murder, | 假如想要指控这个人谋杀 |
[24:27] | you’re gonna have to cross all your t’s and dot all your i’s. | 你们可得小心行事 |
[24:30] | You got it, loo. | 明白 长官 |
[24:32] | Wasn’t talking to you. | 不是和你说话 |
[24:49] | Perfect timing — happy hour. | 你回来的正好 享受时间 |
[24:53] | Something’s wrong. | 有地方不对劲 |
[24:55] | Something’s missing. | 缺了点什么 |
[24:56] | Oh, calm down. Your credenza is just where you left it. | 淡定 你的书柜还在原来的地方 |
[24:59] | It’s not that. | 不是说这个 |
[25:00] | My old medical bag — where is it? | 我的旧医疗包 在哪里 |
[25:02] | – I sold it. – To whom? | -我卖掉了 -卖给谁了 |
[25:04] | To a podiatrist from Long Island. | 卖给一个从长岛来的足疗师了 |
[25:07] | Podiatrist? Abe, how could you? | 足疗师 亚伯你怎么能这样 |
[25:09] | That bag had sentimental value. | 那包可是有情感价值的 |
[25:11] | Oh, everything in this store has sentimental value. | 这店里每样东西都有情感价值 |
[25:14] | If you don’t let go of your past, | 假如你不能放开自己的过去 |
[25:16] | this store doesn’t have much of a future. | 这店也就没什么未来了 |
[25:19] | Ah, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[25:20] | I’m sorry, Abe. You’re running a business. | 对不起 亚伯 你是在做生意 |
[25:22] | Not a particularly lucrative one. | 还不是什么有油水的 |
[25:27] | Look, if I’d have known that bag was so special, | 听着 假如我知道那个包这么意义重大 |
[25:29] | – I guess I — – Of course. | -我猜我… -当然了 |
[25:30] | It’s probably for the best that | 我能学着放手这堆垃圾 |
[25:31] | I learn to let go of all this junk. | 大概是最好的了 |
[25:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[25:37] | You know what the worst part about living for 200 years is? | 你知道活了两百年的最糟糕之处在哪吗 |
[25:40] | Having to renew your driver’s license every seven years? | 得每七年更新一次驾照 |
[25:43] | Fair point. Second worst — | 说得好 那第二糟糕的是 |
[25:45] | Watching the same misdeeds happen over and over, | 看着同样的罪行发生了一遍又一遍 |
[25:48] | History destined to repeat itself. | 历史注定是要不断重演的 |
[25:50] | You know, I don’t believe that. | 我不信这一套 |
[25:51] | I mean, not that history doesn’t repeat itself, | 我的意思是 不是历史总是重演 |
[25:52] | but that we don’t have any ability to change it. | 而是我们没有能力改变历史 |
[25:55] | Well, how do we do that? | 那我们要怎样才能改变历史呢 |
[25:56] | Well, how the hell should I know? | 我怎么可能知道 |
[25:57] | I’m barely 70 years old. | 我70岁都不到 |
[26:01] | Hi. Sorry to barge in again. | 你们好 不好意思又打扰了 |
[26:03] | Your phone — it’s off the hook. | 你的电话打不通 |
[26:06] | I, um, took a little siesta earlier… | 我…早先时候午休了一下… |
[26:10] | With Mrs. Rosenbaum. | 和罗森鲍姆夫人一起 |
[26:14] | Another body? | 又有人死了吗 |
[26:16] | Another suspect. | 又找到了一个嫌疑人 |
[26:17] | I told you guys like Delgros don’t get their own hands dirty. | 早说过像德尔格罗斯这种人是不会亲自动手的 |
[26:20] | Lou Spaganelli. | 卢·斯潘格纳利 |
[26:21] | Yeah, remember the guy who didn’t want us | 记得不让我们挖出 |
[26:22] | to dig up Raul’s cellphone? | 劳尔手机的那个家伙吗 |
[26:24] | Lou dabbled in the family business back in the day — | 卢以前涉猎过家族生意… |
[26:27] | you know, mob muscle, collecting on loans. | 帮派打架 追收高利贷款 |
[26:29] | How’d you like to go on your first stakeout? | 你想不想去做你的第一次监视行动 |
[26:42] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[26:44] | What does it look like I’m doing? I’m eating. | 你看我在做什么 我在吃东西 |
[26:47] | Putting food in your mouth and eating | 塞东西进嘴巴和吃东西 |
[26:48] | are two very different things. | 完全是两回事 |
[26:51] | That smells nauseating. | 那个味道太恶心了 |
[26:53] | Henry, you’re around dead bodies all day, | 亨利 你每天都在接触尸体 |
[26:55] | and you can’t handle the smell of a gyro? | 却无法忍受烤肉卷的味道吗 |
[26:57] | You know what they put in those? | 你知道他们往里放了什么吗 |
[26:59] | Nope. I don’t care. | 不知道 我不在乎 |
[27:09] | What did Delgros just hand him? | 德尔格罗斯交给他的是什么 |
[27:12] | The next break in our case. | 我们案子的新突破 |
[27:34] | The rec center. | 健身馆 |
[27:40] | What is he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[27:47] | He left the package inside. | 他把包裹留在屋里了 |
[28:01] | I got it. | 我来搞定 |
[28:06] | How do you…? | 你怎么会… |
[28:09] | Your father. | 从你父亲那学的 |
[28:11] | Yep. Like I said, | 没错 如我所说 |
[28:13] | not the greatest role model in the world. | 不是世上最好的行为榜样 |
[28:18] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[28:20] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[28:22] | Fabian had the only key to the rec center, | 健身馆唯一的钥匙在法比安手上 |
[28:24] | which means Lou got it from him. | 所以卢是从他那得到的 |
[28:26] | Don’t suppose your father…? | 你父亲应该没有教你… |
[28:34] | Fabian. | 法比安 |
[28:35] | Looks about right for a contract hit, | 看来这准是买凶杀人 |
[28:37] | wouldn’t you say? | 不是吗 |
[28:44] | Right this way. | 往这走 |
[28:46] | Mind telling me what this is about? | 可以告诉我是什么事吗 |
[28:47] | It’s the middle of the night. | 半夜把我叫来 |
[28:51] | We wanted you to take a last look at your friend. | 我们想让你见你朋友最后一面 |
[28:57] | As you can see, the rats had a three-day head start. | 如你所见 老鼠比我们早三天发现他 |
[29:01] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[29:02] | $50,000. | 为了五万块 |
[29:05] | Was it worth it? | 值得吗 |
[29:07] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[29:10] | We found Raul’s ring. | 我们找到了劳尔的戒指 |
[29:12] | Well, there was tissue lodged underneath it. | 我们在戒指下方找到皮肤组织 |
[29:14] | It’s at the lab now. | 已经送去化验室 |
[29:16] | Tell me, Fabian, | 告诉我 法比安 |
[29:17] | whose DNA do you think we’ll find on Raul’s ring? | 你认为劳尔戒指上的DNA会是谁的 |
[29:21] | I swear to god, I did not kill Raul. | 我对天发誓 我没有杀劳尔 |
[29:24] | If you didn’t kill Raul, what was that money for? | 你没有杀劳尔 那那笔钱是干嘛的 |
[29:27] | To convince the rest of the neighborhood to sell. | 为了说服邻里的其他人卖掉房产 |
[29:31] | Delgros knew I had their ear, so | 德尔格罗斯知道我能说服他们 |
[29:32] | he offered me money to push things through. | 所以他给我钱搞定它 |
[29:35] | Look, I’m not proud of what I did, | 我并不为自己感到骄傲 |
[29:36] | but the rec center was going under either way. | 但健身馆不管怎样都会关闭 |
[29:39] | I was gonna use the money to run for city council. | 我打算用那笔钱竞选市议会 |
[29:42] | And when Raul found out | 当劳尔发现 |
[29:43] | that you and Delgros were in bed together? | 你和德尔格罗斯发现沆瀣一气的时候 |
[29:46] | Raul went nuts, | 劳尔非常愤怒 |
[29:47] | said he was gonna tell the whole neighborhood, | 说他要告诉所有的街坊 |
[29:49] | blow Delgros’ construction project all to hell. | 要让德尔格罗斯的建设项目一败涂地 |
[29:52] | And when he broke his hand punching you | 被害当晚 他因为打你 |
[29:54] | on the night of the murder… | 所以伤了手 |
[30:00] | That was the last time I saw him. | 那晚是我最后一次见他 |
[30:02] | I swear to God. | 我向天发誓 |
[30:06] | Who else did you tell, Fabian? | 你还和谁提过这件事 法比安 |
[30:08] | Who else knew Raul was gonna scuttle that deal? | 谁还知道劳尔打算破坏那笔交易 |
[30:12] | No one. | 没人知道 |
[30:16] | Just Mr. Delgros. | 除了德尔格罗斯先生 |
[30:23] | Why didn’t you tell me about the DNA on Raul’s ring? | 你怎么没告诉我劳尔戒指上的DNA结果 |
[30:25] | Because it was rodent DNA. | 因为那是啮齿动物的DNA |
[30:28] | Please tell me we can arrest Delgros now. | 我们现在可以逮捕德尔格罗斯了吧 |
[30:31] | Brick by brick, Henry. | 抽丝剥茧 亨利 |
[30:33] | What’s the next brick? | 下一个要剥的茧是什么 |
[30:34] | We talk to a judge. | 我们去和法官谈谈 |
[30:43] | What was so important we couldn’t talk on the phone? | 有什么重要的事不能在电话里谈 |
[30:47] | You killed him. | 你杀了他 |
[30:48] | I told you Raul was gonna mess up the deal, | 我和你说劳尔会破坏那笔交易 |
[30:50] | And you shut him up, didn’t you? | 所以你就杀了他 是吗 |
[30:54] | What is it you want, Fabian? | 你想怎样 法比安 |
[30:56] | 50 grand. | 五万块 |
[30:59] | I got my friend’s blood on my hands, | 我的双手沾满了我朋友的鲜血 |
[31:00] | and you think you can buy off for 50 grand?! | 你以为区区五万块就能买通我吗 |
[31:03] | So this is a renegotiation, right? | 你现在要重新谈判是吗 |
[31:06] | You weren’t content with my original campaign contribution? | 你对我给你的初期竞选赞助不满意吗 |
[31:08] | I want to hear you say it. | 我要听你亲口说 |
[31:10] | Say you had him killed. | 亲口承认你找人杀了他 |
[31:11] | Easy. Don’t force it, Fabian. | 淡定点 别逼得太紧 法比安 |
[31:14] | Fabian, have you ever wondered | 法比安 你有没有想过 |
[31:15] | why the rats in New York City look so healthy? | 纽约市的老鼠为什么这么健康 |
[31:19] | Because the weak ones are eaten up by the strong. | 就因为弱肉强食 |
[31:22] | You turned into a rat | 当你同意我们的条件时 |
[31:23] | when you agreed to our deal. | 你就已经变成了那样的老鼠了 |
[31:29] | What’s it gonna be, Fabian? | 你打算怎么样 法比安 |
[31:31] | You one of the strong ones? | 你是强大鼠群中的一员吗 |
[31:40] | Where am I? | 我在哪 |
[31:44] | The hospital. | 在医院里 |
[31:46] | They found you beaten in the street, | 有人发现你在街上被人殴打 |
[31:48] | brought you here. | 把你送来医院 |
[31:51] | How long have I been? | 我在这有多久了 |
[31:52] | Three days. | 三天了 |
[32:12] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[32:14] | Where’s the boy — the one that lives here? | 住在这里的那个小男孩在哪 |
[32:19] | What is it? | 发生了什么事 |
[32:27] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[32:28] | Neighbor said it was typhus. | 邻居说他死于斑疹伤寒症 |
[32:42] | Where’s he going? | 他要去哪 |
[32:56] | Did you see Raul that night? | 那晚你见过劳尔吗 |
[32:59] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[33:01] | You’re not in trouble. | 你不会惹上任何麻烦的 |
[33:02] | Promise. | 我保证 |
[33:05] | I don’t talk to cops. | 我不跟警察说话 |
[33:07] | I don’t blame you. | 情有可原 |
[33:10] | Sometimes, they scare me, too. | 有时候 他们也会吓到我 |
[33:17] | I got to go. | 我要走了 |
[33:35] | The kid knows who did it. | 那孩子知道谁是凶手 |
[33:36] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[33:38] | The kid from the rec center. | 那个健身馆里的孩子 |
[33:39] | He played inside the abandoned building. | 他在那栋废弃的大楼里玩耍 |
[33:42] | The ball he was bouncing leaves marks, | 他的球在墙上留下的球印 |
[33:43] | the same marks we found inside the crime scene. | 跟我们在凶案现场发现的球印一模一样 |
[33:46] | Doesn’t mean he was hanging out there the night of the murder. | 这不代表凶案那天晚上他也在那玩耍 |
[33:48] | He was scared, Jo. | 他很害怕 乔 |
[33:50] | You should have seen his face when Lou saw him talking to me. | 真该让你看看他看到卢看见他对我说话时的表情 |
[33:52] | He took off like he was scared for his life. | 他吓得魂都没了 立马就走了 |
[33:57] | Which way was he headed? | 他刚往哪个方向跑了 |
[34:10] | They got him. | 他们抓走了他 |
[34:16] | Put out an AMBER alert for a black male, age 10 to 12, | 发布安珀警戒 黑人男孩 10到12岁 |
[34:19] | – wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans. – Copy. | -穿蓝色T恤和牛仔裤 -收到 |
[34:22] | I also need a bolo on a silver, | 我还需要追踪一辆银色 |
[34:23] | late-model pickup truck belonging to Delgros Construction. | 隶属于德尔格罗斯建筑公司的最新型号皮卡 |
[34:26] | They kidnapped him in broad daylight | 他们为了封他的口 |
[34:28] | to stop him from talking. | 光天化日之下绑架了他 |
[34:30] | Yeah, well, Delgros has millions riding on this. | 德尔格罗斯在此项目上耗费了上百万 |
[34:32] | He already had Raul killed to push it through. | 他为了让项目顺利进行已经杀了劳尔 |
[34:36] | I have eyes on Lou. | 我看到卢了 |
[34:42] | Pull your vehicle to the side of the road. | 将你的车停至路边 |
[34:52] | Is there a problem? | 有什么事吗 |
[34:53] | Want to show me what’s in back? | 让我看看车后备箱有什么 |
[35:08] | He’s not here, Jo. | 他不在这里 乔 |
[35:09] | The kid’s not in the truck. | 孩子不在车上 |
[35:11] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这不合理啊 |
[35:13] | Where else could he have gone? | 他还能去哪 |
[35:15] | He was spooked by Lou in front of the bodega. | 他刚是被在杂货店前面的卢吓到了 |
[35:18] | Unless it wasn’t Lou he was looking at. | 除非他当时看的不是卢 |
[35:25] | Why do we have a “Closed” sign hanging in the door, | 为什么门上有”停止营业”的标志 |
[35:27] | and the light’s still on? | 但是里面的灯都还亮着 |
[35:28] | What happened to the owner? | 店主怎么了 |
[35:29] | He’s one of the ones who wants to sell. | 他是想要把楼卖掉的人之一 |
[35:31] | You smell smoke? | 你闻到烟味了吗 |
[35:33] | Smoke? | 烟味 |
[35:34] | Me, too. Probable cause. | 我也闻到了 合理根据 |
[35:50] | – Henry! – There must be a basement. | -亨利 -这下面一定有个地下室 |
[35:51] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[35:54] | You coming? | 你来不来 |
[35:57] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[36:03] | How do you know where you’re going? | 你怎么知道要怎么走 |
[36:06] | I was down here once before, a long time ago. | 我曾经来过这里 很久之前来过 |
[36:09] | – What did you tell them?! – Nothing! | -你跟他们说什么了 -什么都没说 |
[36:11] | – What did you tell them?! – I didn’t say anything! | -你跟他们说什么了 -我什么都没说 |
[36:13] | You didn’t say anything? | 你什么都没说 |
[36:16] | What’d I tell you about talking to cops? | 我怎么跟你说的 如果你跟警察说话 |
[36:18] | I swear I didn’t say nothing. | 我发誓我什么都没说 |
[36:20] | Raul should have kept his mouth shut. | 劳尔本应该守口如瓶 |
[36:22] | You should have kept your mouth shut, too. | 你也应该闭上你的嘴 |
[36:24] | No! | 不 |
[36:25] | NYPD! | 纽约警察 |
[36:26] | Drop it! | 放下武器 |
[36:33] | Are you okay? Are you hit? | 你没事吧 受伤了吗 |
[36:34] | You’re safe. | 你安全了 |
[36:56] | He came out of nowhere. | 他突然冲出来 |
[36:57] | I didn’t even have time to hit the brakes. | 我都没时间踩刹车 |
[36:59] | Call 911. | 叫救护车 |
[37:05] | I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can do for you. | 对不起 可是我也无能为力 |
[37:09] | Don’t you want the person that put you up to this punished? | 你不想让害你的人付出代价吗 |
[37:13] | He called you that night, didn’t he? | 那天晚上是他打电话给你的 对吗 |
[37:15] | Delgros called you and told you Raul was gonna blow the deal. | 德尔格罗斯打给你 告诉你劳尔要毁了交易 |
[37:20] | Did he tell you to kill Raul? | 他有没有让你杀了劳尔 |
[37:22] | Did he offer you money? | 他有没有给你钱 |
[37:26] | Delgros — Delgros | 德尔格罗斯 德尔格罗斯 |
[37:31] | He — | 他… |
[37:32] | What? What did he tell you? | 什么 他和你说了什么 |
[37:48] | Pretty sure this one counts as an accident. | 我确定这应该算是事故 |
[37:50] | Fairly straightforward from a medical standpoint. | 从医学角度上来看很直接 |
[37:53] | So, what’s the problem? | 所以有什么问题吗 |
[37:55] | The problem is, there’s no justice here. | 问题是 正义没有得到伸张 |
[38:03] | A murderer got run over by a truck. | 杀人凶手被卡车撞死了 |
[38:05] | Some people might argue with you. | 有些人可能会这么跟你争辩 |
[38:07] | This man was a pawn, forced to kill another pawn. | 他只是个棋子 被迫杀了另一个棋子 |
[38:10] | Delgros used him, and what’s his punishment in return, hmm? | 德尔格罗斯利用了他 可他又受到了什么惩罚 |
[38:14] | The rich get richer. | 富者更富罢了 |
[38:15] | And sometimes, they get indicted on bribery charges. | 有时候他们会被控行贿 |
[38:19] | Delgros may not have given up the murder on the wire, | 德尔格罗斯没有承认指使谋杀的事 |
[38:22] | but he did give up the 50 grand | 但是他的确承认用五万美金 |
[38:23] | he used to bribe a city council candidate. | 贿赂市议会候选人的事 |
[38:26] | Will Delgros go to prison for it? | 德尔格罗斯会因此坐牢吗 |
[38:28] | Not the kind of prison he deserves. | 不会是他应有的判罚 |
[38:30] | Some things never change. | 有些事永远不会改变 |
[38:34] | There’s something I want you to see. | 我要给你看点东西 |
[38:43] | That’s it. That’s it. | 就是这样 就是这样 |
[38:49] | Not a bad fighter. | 不赖的拳击手嘛 |
[38:50] | Yep. Raul taught him well. | 是的 劳尔把他教得很好 |
[38:54] | What happened to this place being on the chopping block? | 这地方不是要被卖掉了吗 |
[38:56] | Well, Fabian came clean to the local business council | 法比安在当地商业理事会里坦白 |
[38:59] | about Delgros’ bribe, | 收受了德尔格罗斯的贿赂 |
[39:00] | and after what happened to Raul, no one wanted to sell. | 再加上发生在劳尔身上的事 没人想卖了 |
[39:03] | Best part, | 最好的是 |
[39:04] | it’s too late for Delgros to back out of finishing | 现在德尔格罗斯想来收回给我们建 |
[39:05] | the new playground he promised us. | 新游乐场的承诺也已经太迟了 |
[39:08] | There’s talk of naming it after Raul. | 有人说要用劳尔来命名 |
[39:10] | Mm, Delgros won’t forget his name now. | 现在德尔格罗斯不会忘掉他的名字了 |
[39:17] | Make sure you connect with the knuckles | 你得用你的前两个手指 |
[39:18] | of your first two fingers. | 关节攻击 |
[39:20] | Those bones are stronger, less prone to fracture. | 这边的骨头很坚硬 不容易断裂 |
[39:22] | I thought you said you weren’t a boxer. | 你不是说你不是拳击手吗 |
[39:24] | Physician, actually. | 其实是医生 |
[39:26] | That’s what I want to be when I grow up — | 我长大后就想成为医生 |
[39:28] | either that or a fighter. | 要么就成为一个拳击手 |
[39:31] | Who says you can’t be both? | 谁说你不能身兼两职呢 |
[39:38] | But some things do change. | 但有些事确实在变 |
[39:40] | Years ago, boxers fought bare-knuckled. | 曾几何时 拳击手是赤手空拳打比赛 |
[39:43] | In 1855, one bout lasted 6 hours, 15 minutes. | 在1855年 一回合持续了6小时15分钟 |
[39:48] | Back then, the so-called ring was an actual ring, | 那时的拳击场还是圆形的 |
[39:51] | made up of rowdy, bloodthirsty spectators. | 是由吵闹嗜血的观众围起来的圆形场地 |
[39:56] | That’s not to say that fights are fair today. | 并不代表今天的拳击赛就是公允的 |
[40:00] | The big guy’s gloves are still loaded a little heavier, | 重量级的拳手手套会装的更重一点 |
[40:04] | but it’s no reason to stop fighting. | 可依旧没理由停止斗争 |
[40:17] | Thanks for the lift. | 谢谢你载我 |
[40:20] | God, that smell. | 天啊 这味道 |
[40:21] | Mm. Sunday in New York — red sauce, jerk chicken, | 纽约的周日 红酱和烤鸡肉 |
[40:24] | and matzo ball all in the same block. | 再加上汤团 都在一个街区 |
[40:31] | Why don’t you come up for dinner? | 不如你来吃晚饭 |
[40:34] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[40:39] | Almost forgot — final dessert treat. | 差点忘了 最后的甜点 |
[40:41] | No. No — no mas. | 不不 一点都吃不下了 |
[40:43] | I am stuffed. | 都吃撑了 |
[40:44] | Surprise. | 惊喜 |
[40:47] | How…? | 怎么会… |
[40:49] | I drove all the way out to Long Island. | 我亲自开车跑到了长岛 |
[40:50] | The jerk who bought it wanted three times what he paid. | 那混蛋让我出三倍的价格买回来 |
[40:53] | Damn podiatrist. | 该死的足疗师 |
[40:55] | I hope it was worth it. | 希望它值得 |
[40:57] | Abe… | 亚伯 |
[40:58] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[41:04] | How do you two know each other exactly? | 你们俩到底是怎么认识的 |
[41:09] | Well, it’s a long story. | 那可说来话长了 |
[41:10] | – Perhaps well, it could – I’m an actually — | – 也许 可能 -其实我 |
[41:11] | – Well, perhaps you should… – You want — you tell it? | -要不你来… -你想 你来说吗 |
[41:13] | – No, no, why don’t you tell it? – Go ahead. Yeah. | -不 要不还是你说 -说吧 |
[41:17] | – My father and Abe were partners. – Business partners. | -我父亲和亚伯是伙伴 -生意上的伙伴 |
[41:19] | Not that there’s anything wrong with the other kind. | 不是说那种伙伴[意指同性恋]有什么问题 |
[41:21] | My old man procured the antiques in London… | 我老爸在伦敦收古董 |
[41:22] | And he shipped them to me in New York, | 然后他运到纽约给我 |
[41:23] | where I refinished them. | 我来重新润色 |
[41:25] | When he died, he left me half the store, | 他去世后 把半间店铺留给了我 |
[41:26] | So I moved to America. | 所以我搬到了美国 |
[41:28] | So, you could say that Henry’s got antiques in his blood. | 你可以说亨利天生就是做古董的 |
[41:34] | But the real reason, uh, | 但我没有离开这里 |
[41:35] | that I’ve stayed here all these years | 一直留在这里的原因 |
[41:36] | is not because of the family business, | 并不是为了家族生意 |
[41:38] | It’s because — | 是因为… |
[41:40] | Well, Abe here’s the closest thing to family that I’ve got. | 亚伯是我在这世上最亲的人了 |
[41:43] | Back at you, Henry. | 你也是哦 亨利 |
[41:46] | How about a toast? | 举杯如何 |
[41:47] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[41:48] | Yes. To family. | 好 为家人 |
[41:51] | To family. | 为家人 |
[41:57] | So, you’ve known Henry his entire life. | 那你算看着亨利长大的了 |
[42:00] | I bet you’ve got some great stories. | 一定有很多好故事可以说 |
[42:03] | You have no idea. | 你都猜不到 |