时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | $100? Very generous of you, Mary. | 一百美金 你可真慷慨啊 玛丽 |
[00:19] | It’s been a good night. | 今晚过得很愉快 |
[00:20] | Want me to get you a cab? | 需要我帮你叫辆车吗 |
[00:22] | No, I’ll just grab one up the street. | 我自己在街上随便拦一辆就好了 |
[00:24] | I’ll see you later. | 再见 |
[00:59] | Seems we’ve found the culprit of Mr. Sherman’s fate. | 看来我们找到了谢尔曼先生的死因 |
[01:02] | Pulmonary hypertension and arteriosclerosis. | 肺动脉高血压 动脉硬化 |
[01:05] | So a heart attack. | 心脏病发作 |
[01:06] | Another one. Pretty lame. | 又一个心脏病 真无聊 |
[01:08] | I’m sure Mr. Sherman agrees. | 我相信谢尔曼先生也这么认为 |
[01:10] | What exactly were you expecting? | 你在期待什么呢 |
[01:11] | I don’t know! You know, action. | 我也不清楚 动作激情吧 |
[01:14] | Like we open him up, | 比如说我们把他切开 |
[01:15] | and a giant, bloodsucking alien emerges | 然后一个巨大的吸血外星人出现 |
[01:18] | and escapes the lab and tries to attack Manhattan. | 然后逃出实验室 想要毁掉整个曼哈顿 |
[01:24] | Something like that. I don’t know. | 大概就是那样吧 |
[01:26] | Isn’t ordinary death exciting enough for you? | 是不是普通的死亡已经没法满足你了 |
[01:28] | Perhaps you’ve become desensitized | 也许是你看太多漫画 |
[01:30] | with all your little comics. | 导致你变得如此不敏感 |
[01:31] | Graphic novels, doc. | 那是漫画小说 医生 |
[01:36] | Hello? | 你好 |
[01:38] | Detective Martinez. Hi. | 马丁内兹警探 你好 |
[01:39] | How’s it– sorry. Yes. He’s here. | 你怎… 不好意思 是的 他在这里 |
[01:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:43] | Jo needs you at the station. | 乔需要你去警察局一趟 |
[01:45] | Cops got a weird package they want you to look at. | 他们收到了一个奇怪的包裹想让你看看 |
[01:47] | Not sure what use an M.E. will be. | 不知道一个法医能派上什么用场 |
[01:48] | Sounds like a matter better suited to a bomb squad. | 感觉防爆小队去了会更好 |
[01:54] | She says the package is bleeding. | 她说那个包裹在流血 |
[02:04] | I don’t suppose this gift came with any sort of note? | 我猜这份礼物里面没有便签吧 |
[02:06] | No, seems like somebody | 没有 看上去是有人 |
[02:07] | just came in last night and left it. | 昨晚潜进来把它放在那里的 |
[02:09] | Yeah. On my desk. | 是啊 放在我桌子上 |
[02:10] | Cameras didn’t see anything. | 监控摄像什么都没拍到 |
[02:36] | Is that a…? | 那是个 |
[02:37] | Human heart. | 人类的心脏 |
[02:38] | Now that’s what I’m talking about. | 我刚刚说的就是这种的 |
[02:58] | Murder is never an easy thing to look at. | 谋杀永远不是一件可以轻易对待的事 |
[03:03] | When you examine the body of a victim, | 当你给死者验尸的时候 |
[03:06] | you don’t see a reflection of their life, | 你看到的不是他们人生的映照 |
[03:09] | but the person who took it. | 而是夺走他们生命的人 |
[03:12] | You see whether the killer felt anger | 你看到杀手是否觉得愤怒 |
[03:15] | or betrayal, | 或者被背叛 |
[03:16] | or worse… | 甚至更糟 |
[03:19] | if they felt nothing at all. | 他们毫无感觉 |
[03:25] | Hey, I brought you some wet-naps. | 我给你拿了几张湿纸巾 |
[03:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:27] | You know, | 说起来 |
[03:29] | most guys who kill a person want to get away with it, right? | 大多数杀人凶手都会想着逍遥法外 对吧 |
[03:32] | – Yeah. – So if you cut someone’s heart out, | -没错 -那当你把某人的心脏切下来 |
[03:35] | why send it to the cops? | 为什么把它寄给警察呢 |
[03:36] | To impress you. | 为了让你记住他 |
[03:38] | Crying out for attention like a child. | 就像一个哭着求关注的小孩 |
[03:40] | Son of Sam, BTK. | 山姆之子 BTK[皆为美国著名的连环杀手] |
[03:42] | Just like our killer, they were all psychopaths. | 他们和我们的凶手一样 都是精神病患者 |
[03:44] | And they all contacted the police at some point. | 并且他们都在某个时间段联系过警方 |
[03:47] | Which is also how they managed to get themselves caught. | 这也是他们之所以被抓的原因 |
[03:49] | Did you learn anything from the heart? | 你在心脏上有什么发现吗 |
[03:51] | Unfortunately, none of the killer’s DNA or fingerprints | 很不幸 凶手的DNA和指纹 |
[03:54] | were on the package or the heart itself. | 都没有留在包裹或者心脏上 |
[03:56] | The most I can tell you is that it was expertly cut out | 我能告诉你的 就是这个心脏 |
[03:59] | three to five days ago. | 是三到五天前被人用专业手法切下的 |
[04:00] | And judging by the vital reaction of the organ, | 根据器官的活体反应 |
[04:02] | it seems that | 看起来 |
[04:04] | she was still alive when it was removed. | 当心脏被切下的时候 她还活着 |
[04:07] | “She.” So the victim’s female. | “她” 所以死者是名女性 |
[04:08] | 25 to 30 years old. | 25至30岁 |
[04:10] | Relatively healthy, I would say. | 我认为她相对比较健康 |
[04:11] | But without a body, it’s hard to tell anything more. | 但是没有尸体 无法得出更多结论 |
[04:13] | Jo, check out the files in all 25 to 30-year-old women | 乔 检查一下最近五天内 |
[04:16] | that have gone missing in the last five days. | 所有25至30岁失踪女性的档案 |
[04:20] | So far we’ve got four girls who fit the description. | 有四名女性符合描述 |
[04:23] | First one’s Amanda Turner, | 第一位是阿曼达·特纳 |
[04:25] | reported missing three days ago. | 三天前被报告失踪 |
[04:26] | 27 years old. | 27岁 |
[04:28] | But she looks closer to 37. | 但她看起来像37岁 |
[04:29] | Amanda Turner | 失踪 |
[04:29] | Lines on her face most likely due to smoking, I suspect. | 脸上的皱纹应该是抽烟导致的 |
[04:32] | Heart was too healthy to be hers. | 她的心脏不可能这么健康 |
[04:34] | 失踪 金伯·雷诺兹 | |
[04:34] | Oh, this is our winner right here– Kimber Raynalds. | 看看这位 金伯·雷诺兹 |
[04:36] | Look at her: 29, personal trainer. | 看看她 29岁 私人教练 |
[04:38] | Nope, dark circles under her eyes | 不是她 她的黑眼圈 |
[04:40] | suggest she has an iron deficiency. | 表明她缺铁 |
[04:42] | Blood work showed no signs of anemia. | 但是血液检测并未发现任何贫血症状 |
[04:44] | You can tell a lot by looking in a person’s eyes. | 从一个人的眼睛你可以知道很多东西 |
[04:46] | Really? What do my eyes tell you? | 真的吗 看我的眼睛你能知道什么 |
[04:49] | Okay, what about this one? Laurie Pettyfore. | 好吧 那这位呢 劳里·派迪福 |
[04:51] | She’s an N.Y.U. student reported missing | 纽约大学在读学生 |
[04:53] | by her college roommate. | 室友上报了她的失踪 |
[04:55] | And she’s got a rap sheet from two years ago. | 而且两年前还有过前科档案 |
[04:58] | Arrested for solicitation under the name “Mary Kelly.” | 因为公开卖淫被捕 当时的化名是玛丽·凯利 |
[05:02] | Mary kelly. | 玛丽·凯利 |
[05:04] | This hooker a friend of yours, doc? | 医生 这个妓女是你的朋友吗 |
[05:08] | No. | 不是 |
[05:09] | I just knew someone by the same name once. | 我只是从前认识一个和她同名的人 |
[05:12] | She certainly fits the description. | 她很符合描述 |
[05:13] | And, historically speaking, | 而且 根据过往经验 |
[05:14] | prostitutes have always been an easy target for killers. | 妓女总是很容易被杀手们盯上 |
[05:18] | Yeah, check her phone and financial records. | 查一下她的手机和财务记录 |
[05:20] | Find out where this girl was last seen. | 找出这姑娘最后出现在什么地方 |
[05:24] | I’m sorry. She-she doesn’t look familiar. | 不好意思 她看起来不是很眼熟 |
[05:27] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[05:28] | According to her credit cards, | 根据她的信用卡记录 |
[05:29] | she took a cab here three nights ago. | 三天前的晚上她在这搭了一辆出租车 |
[05:30] | Well, I was on duty, | 是我当班 |
[05:32] | but I don’t remember seeing her. | 但我不记得见过她 |
[05:33] | I find that hard to believe. | 我很难相信你的话 |
[05:35] | Part of your duty as a doorman is remembering faces. | 门房的其中一个职责就是记住面孔 |
[05:38] | So, either you’re terrible at your job, or you’re lying. | 要么是你不称职 要么就是你在说谎 |
[05:41] | Neither option too flattering. | 哪个都不算好事 |
[05:42] | Look, we know she was a call girl. | 我们知道她是个妓女 |
[05:44] | And she probably tips you pretty well | 她可能给了你很多小费 |
[05:46] | to keep her secret from cops like us. | 让你在我们警察面前保守秘密 |
[05:48] | But we’re not looking to bust her. | 但我们不是来抓她的 |
[05:50] | She was reported missing. | 她被报告失踪了 |
[05:51] | God, is Mary all right? | 天呐 玛丽没事吧 |
[05:52] | So you did see her that night? | 这么说那晚你的确见过她 |
[05:54] | She seem upset? Freaked out at all? | 她看起来不安吗 害怕吗 |
[05:56] | No, she seemed fine when she left — | 没有 她离开的时候看起来很正常 |
[05:58] | Round 2, I think. | 大概两点左右 我记得 |
[06:00] | Tipped me like usual | 像以往一样给我小费 |
[06:01] | and went to catch a cab up the street. | 然后到街边拦了一辆出租车 |
[06:04] | Did you see which direction she was headed? | 你看到她往那个方向去了吗 |
[06:06] | Yeah, the same way your buddy’s headed. | 是的 就是你们伙计去的方向 |
[06:11] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[06:14] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[06:16] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[06:18] | Can you see me? | 能看见我吗 |
[06:19] | No! | 看不见 |
[06:21] | Neither could our victim. | 死者也看不到 |
[06:24] | This spot is completely concealed, | 这个地点非常隐蔽 |
[06:26] | and yet it offers a perfect view to the hotel. | 却又能把整个酒店一览无余 |
[06:31] | Well, no one saw anything suspicious, | 没有人看见可疑的事 |
[06:33] | which means the killer | 这就说明凶手 |
[06:34] | must have gotten her out of sight fast. | 很快就把她带离视野之外 |
[06:52] | A freight elevator — | 一部货梯 |
[06:55] | hydraulic powered, counter-balance pull. | 液压发电 平衡牵引 |
[06:58] | This machinery has all the cutting-edge technology of the 1890s. | 这机器拥有的都是19世纪90年代的尖端技术 |
[07:01] | Yeah, too bad that didn’t come with security cameras. | 是啊 很可惜没配监控摄像机 |
[07:05] | You think the guy dragged her in here? | 你认为那个人把她拖到这里来了吗 |
[07:07] | Wouldn’t someone have heard her scream? | 难道不会有人听到她尖叫吗 |
[07:09] | She never had the chance to scream. | 她根本没机会尖叫 |
[07:12] | He slammed her up against these bricks. | 他把她摔在这些砖块上 |
[07:13] | The wall is littered with these dress beads. | 墙上还夹着她裙子的亮片 |
[07:16] | There’s no blood anywhere, | 没发现血迹 |
[07:17] | so the killer must have parked a car nearby, | 凶手一定是把车停在附近 |
[07:19] | took her someplace secluded. | 把她带到了很隐蔽的地方 |
[07:21] | He wouldn’t have taken her just anywhere. | 他不会是随便带她去一个什么地方 |
[07:23] | He had a plan. | 他有计划 |
[07:27] | Wherever it was, | 不管是什么地方 |
[07:28] | it was somewhere special, significant. | 一定是一个很特别 很显眼的地方 |
[07:39] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[07:40] | Henry, what is it? | 亨利 又怎么了 |
[07:42] | We’re here. | 我们到了 |
[07:44] | This is the place he took her. | 他带她到这里来了 |
[07:46] | “Dorset brothers fine meats and sausages”? | “多赛特兄弟的优质肉类和香肠” |
[07:48] | The killer didn’t just pick some girl at random. | 凶手不是随机挑选的女孩 |
[07:51] | He found a prostitute — | 他找了一个妓女 |
[07:53] | A prostitute by the name of Mary Kelly. | 一个叫玛丽·凯利的妓女 |
[07:55] | 多赛特兄弟 优质肉类和香肠 | |
[07:55] | He’s been toying with us, | 他在捉弄我们 |
[07:57] | copying from the start. | 一开始就在模仿 |
[07:59] | Wait. W-who’s he copying? | 等等 模仿谁 |
[08:05] | 伦敦多赛特大街 1888年 | |
[08:17] | Appreciate you coming down, Dr. Morgan. | 十分感谢你能来 摩根医生 |
[08:19] | See, ever since the damn papers | 自从那该死的报纸 |
[08:20] | started reporting these murders, | 开始报道这些谋杀案 |
[08:21] | we’ve had a string of copycats. | 就出现了一连串的模仿者 |
[08:23] | It’s getting hard to tell the real killer from the fakes. | 已经很难分辨出哪个才是真正的凶手 |
[08:27] | But our real killer — | 但我们真正的凶手 |
[08:28] | He knows the ins and outs of a body, | 他很熟悉人体的构造 |
[08:30] | and he usually takes part of the victims with him. | 他通常会带走被害者的一个器官 |
[08:33] | So we need someone who knows about anatomy | 所以我们需要一个懂解剖学的人 |
[08:35] | to take a look at the girl, | 来看看这个姑娘 |
[08:36] | see if anything’s missing. | 看是否有缺少器官 |
[08:37] | And as it happens, | 既然如此 |
[08:38] | the only people with that expertise | 拥有这项技能的人 |
[08:39] | are doctors and butchers. | 就只有医生和屠夫 |
[08:42] | And the butcher was busy, so… | 屠夫通常很忙 所以… |
[08:43] | Oh, how flattering. | 真会说话 |
[08:45] | Been a doctor long? | 做医生很久了吗 |
[08:47] | For a few years now. | 有些年头了 |
[08:48] | Good. Then you’ve got a strong stomach. | 很好 那你的胃一定很坚强 |
[09:15] | Looks like Jack the Ripper. | 开膛手杰克的风格 |
[09:24] | We’re talking major crowd control. | 我们说的是控制主要人群 |
[09:25] | I need every additional unit you can spare. | 我需要你能提供的所有附加小组 |
[09:28] | Have any of the press gotten in here yet? | 有记者来过了吗 |
[09:30] | No, and we’re trying to keep it that way. | 没有 我们正尽量不让消息外泄 |
[09:32] | So we’ve got a copycat killer on our hands? | 这么说这是一个模仿犯了 |
[09:36] | A studious one. | 很努力的一位 |
[09:38] | I’ve never seen a copycat | 我从未见过一个模仿犯 |
[09:39] | with this level of precision before. | 能模仿得如此精确 |
[09:41] | The man who did this | 这案子的凶手 |
[09:42] | must have studied the original crime for hours, | 一定对原始案件研习了很久 |
[09:44] | down to the last tiny detail. | 精确到细枝末节 |
[09:47] | Every element of this body | 这具尸体的每一处都跟 |
[09:49] | mirrors Jack the Ripper’s murder of Mary Kelly in 1888. | 1888年开膛手杰克对玛丽·凯利做的一模一样 |
[09:52] | She was the last and most brutal of his crimes. | 她是最后一个 也是死状最残忍的一个被害人 |
[09:55] | Cops catch the guy after that? | 警察后来抓到他了吗 |
[09:57] | No. | 没有 |
[09:58] | It’s for you. | 找你的 |
[10:01] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:02] | Hello, Henry. | 你好啊 亨利 |
[10:04] | It’s been a while. | 有一段时间没联系了 |
[10:06] | We’re the same, you and I. | 我们是一样的 你和我 |
[10:08] | We share the same pain, same curse, same affliction. | 我们有一样的痛苦 诅咒和折磨 |
[10:14] | Tell me, what are you looking at right now? | 告诉我 你现在在看什么 |
[10:17] | It’s hard to put into words. | 很难用言语描述 |
[10:19] | I imagine seeing a girl | 我想看见一个女孩 |
[10:21] | cut up the same way that Mary Kelly was. | 以玛丽·凯利被杀的同一种手法被开膛破肚 |
[10:25] | It’s enough to make you nostalgic. | 这足以让你怀旧一下了 |
[10:28] | How could you possibly know that? | 你怎么可能知道这件事 |
[10:30] | Word hasn’t even got out to the papers. | 记者们都没有收到一点风声呢 |
[10:32] | Some news travels fast. | 总有一些消息传播得很快 |
[10:38] | Henry, you still with me? | 亨利 你还在听吗 |
[10:40] | You seem familiar with this case. | 你看起来很熟悉这个案子 |
[10:42] | Were you in London during that time? | 你当时也在伦敦吗 |
[10:44] | Yes, as a matter of fact. | 是的 的确如此 |
[10:46] | It was an exciting place to be. | 伦敦是个令人兴奋的地方 |
[10:49] | Everyone reading the paper, | 人人都读着报纸 |
[10:51] | talking about Jack’s latest victim. | 谈论着杰克手下的最后一个死者 |
[10:54] | Police back then — | 那时的警察啊… |
[10:55] | you were never able to catch him. | 不可能抓住他的 |
[10:58] | I hope you have better luck this time around. | 希望这次你的运气能好一点 |
[11:22] | Bad news — | 坏消息 |
[11:24] | it’s a burner. | 这是预付手机 |
[11:25] | Am I supposed to know what that means? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:27] | It means it’s disposable. | 意思是这是一次性的 |
[11:29] | There’s no way to trace it back to the caller. | 没办法追踪到打电话的人 |
[11:31] | Didn’t he tell you anything about himself? | 他有和你说什么关于他自己的事吗 |
[11:33] | He was incredibly vague, as usual. | 他和往常一样含糊其辞 |
[11:35] | But he did claim | 但他确实说了 |
[11:36] | to be in London during the original murders. | 原始案件发生时他在伦敦 |
[11:38] | Wait. You don’t think…? | 等等 你不会是认为… |
[11:40] | I don’t know what to think. | 我都不知道该怎么想了 |
[11:42] | I mean, I know it sounds absurd — | 我知道这听起来很荒谬 |
[11:44] | I’m in Lucas-land, but — | 我有可能是疯了 但是… |
[11:45] | let’s consider it for a moment. | 让我们这么设想一下 |
[11:47] | The police never did catch Jack in London. | 警察一直没在伦敦抓到杰克 |
[11:50] | The body that we found today — | 今天我们发现的那具尸体… |
[11:51] | it’s hard to imagine that a copycat | 很难想像一个模仿犯 |
[11:53] | could have reproduced that scene in such precise detail. | 能将那一幕的细节重现地这么精准 |
[11:57] | I take it you haven’t shared this theory with the police? | 我猜你还没将这套理论说给警察听吧 |
[11:59] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[12:00] | I’ve had my fair share of padded white rooms, | 我受够了垫着棉花垫的白房间了 |
[12:03] | thank you very much. | 谢谢你的提醒 |
[12:05] | If Adam did this, | 假如这是亚当干的 |
[12:06] | I’m afraid we’re gonna have to track him down ourselves. | 恐怕我们就得靠我们自己捉住他了 |
[12:09] | I’m afraid to ask how. | 我想问问具体要怎么操作呢 |
[12:11] | With this. | 用这个 |
[12:12] | It’s a shard from the handle of the murder weapon. | 这是凶器柄上的碎片 |
[12:15] | Judging by the cuts on the victim, | 根据死者身上的刀口看 |
[12:17] | I’d say the killer used a Liston knife. | 我觉得凶手是用了一把里斯顿刀 |
[12:19] | It’s an extremely rare surgical tool. | 那是非常罕见的外科手术用具 |
[12:21] | There are only about 100 left in existence. | 如今现存的只有大约一百把 |
[12:23] | To get his hands on an antique like that, | 要想得到这么一把古董刀 |
[12:25] | the killer would have had to go to a special-antiques dealer. | 凶手就得去找一位卖特殊古董的商人 |
[12:28] | Someone say, like… the Frenchman. | 比如说…法国佬 |
[12:31] | Well, yes. And, well, be — | 好吧 还有 要… |
[12:32] | be sure to give the Frenchman my regards. | 一定要向法国佬致以我的问候 |
[12:34] | No, please, Abe. Oh, no. | -不要啊 拜托了 亚伯 -不行 |
[12:35] | You’re bound to have more luck than I. | 你的运气一定比我好 |
[12:37] | You’re both antique dealers. | 你俩都是古董商人 |
[12:38] | I know you think the Frenchman is eccentric. | 我知道你觉得法国佬古古怪怪的 |
[12:40] | Yeah, well, that — wrong word, “eccentric”. | 是的 但用错词了 “古古怪怪的” |
[12:42] | “Creepy” is more like it. | 说”诡异”更确切一些 |
[12:44] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[12:45] | Loo– aren’t you gonna come with me? | 听着 你不和我一起来吗 |
[12:47] | No. | 不 |
[12:49] | I’ve got my own share of creepiness to be dealing with. | 我有自己的诡异的事要处理 |
[12:56] | Come on, then. | 那就过来吧 |
[12:57] | You can get a closer look at her at the morgue. | 你可以在停尸间近看她 |
[13:00] | With your permission, inspector, | 假如您允许的话 探长 |
[13:01] | I’d like to stay. | 我希望留在这里 |
[13:03] | There’s a great deal more to be learned about this killer | 关于这个凶手 通过观察现场 |
[13:05] | by observing the scene. | 还有许多可以研究的 |
[13:06] | All due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[13:08] | that’s a matter for us detectives, not doctors. | 那是我们警探的工作 不是医生的 |
[13:11] | Well, but… | 好吧 但是… |
[13:12] | what are doctors but detectives? | 那什么又是医生的工作 不是警探的呢 |
[13:14] | We study a body and form a diagnosis. | 我们研究尸体 得出推断 |
[13:19] | Look, do you see the way the blood spatter landed? | 看 你看见血洒落到地上的方式了吗 |
[13:23] | Well, that means he split her artery first. | 那意味着他先割开了她的动脉 |
[13:25] | And there’s a post-mortem bruise | 这边还有一个死后形成的瘀伤 |
[13:27] | in the shape of the killer’s hand on her neck. | 就在她脖子上 还留着凶手的手印 |
[13:30] | The hand is bigger than average, | 这只手比常人的大 |
[13:32] | which means the killer is likely to be of a larger stature. | 意味着凶手可能是个大个子 |
[13:35] | I mean, this room is littered with medical clues. | 这间房子里满是医学上的线索 |
[13:38] | If you give me time to decipher them, | 假如你给我时间破译它们 |
[13:41] | I’m sure I can paint | 我相信我可以得到更确凿的 |
[13:41] | a more conclusive portrait of your killer. | 你的这位凶手的肖像 |
[13:45] | Okay. See what you can find. | 好吧 看看你能发现什么 |
[13:55] | So, Mary’s roommate gave us a copy of her client list. | 玛丽的室友给了我们一份她的客户名单 |
[13:58] | We’re going through it now. | 我们现在正在排查名单 |
[14:00] | Did you find any prints? | 你找到什么指纹了吗 |
[14:01] | None. | 没有 |
[14:02] | I’m afraid there isn’t much i can tell you about this killer, | 关于这个凶手恐怕我没什么能告诉你的 |
[14:05] | Except that he was too smart to leave anything behind. | 除了一点 他非常聪明 没有留下一丝痕迹 |
[14:07] | Well, that’s the frustrating thing about psychopaths. | 这就是精神病患者令人沮丧之处了 |
[14:09] | You got to wait for them to make a mistake. | 你得等着他们犯错 |
[14:11] | Unfortunately, Jack the Ripper didn’t make any mistakes. | 不幸的是 开膛手杰克没有犯过任何错 |
[14:14] | Neither did our killer. | 我们的这位凶手也没有 |
[14:15] | I’ve been comparing the body | 我一直在将尸体 |
[14:16] | to the original crime notes on the case. | 与原始案件的现场笔记对比 |
[14:19] | I’m sorry — you just happen to have | 抱歉…你是说你刚好 |
[14:21] | a copy of the original crime notes? | 有一份原始案件的笔记吗 |
[14:24] | Well, before Jack The Ripper, | 开膛手杰克出现之前 |
[14:27] | medical examiners didn’t exist. | 不存在验尸官这个职业 |
[14:28] | It was the birth of our profession. | 那是我们职业的起源 |
[14:31] | Anyone who slices open a body should study it. | 是所有法医必须研读的内容 |
[14:34] | And, by the looks of things, | 而且从现在的情况看 |
[14:35] | our killer studied it, too. | 凶手也研读了这些内容 |
[14:36] | Every nick, every cut, is exactly where it should be. | 每道刻痕 每个切口的位置都一模一样 |
[14:39] | Six-inch sternum incision, femur dislocation, | 六英寸胸骨切口 股骨脱位 |
[14:43] | Even the wrist laceration — | 连手腕裂伤… |
[14:45] | seems to be a defensive mark on her wrist. | 像她手腕的防卫标志 |
[14:48] | Three inches wide in the shape of a s– | 宽三英寸呈…状 |
[14:51] | Afternoon. Mr. Keely, Manchester Herald. | 下午好 基利先生 曼切斯特先驱报 |
[14:54] | Get him out of here! | 把他赶出去 |
[14:54] | That cut on her wrist, | 她手腕的切口 |
[14:55] | did you say it was in the shape of a star? | 你刚才说是呈星状吗 |
[14:58] | It’s not him. | 不是他 |
[15:01] | The killer isn’t Jack The Ripper. | 凶手不是开膛手杰克 |
[15:03] | Well, yeah, he has been dead | 没错 他已经死了 |
[15:05] | for probably a hundred years now. | 大概一百年了 |
[15:08] | What did you find? | 你发现什么了 |
[15:09] | A mistake. | 一个错误 |
[15:11] | The original Mary Kelly had a cut on her wrist | 原型玛丽·凯利手腕的切口 |
[15:13] | in the shape of a semicircle. | 呈半圆状 |
[15:14] | But one newspaper, the Manchester Herald, | 但有个报社 曼切斯特先驱报 |
[15:17] | wrongly reported it as a star. | 错误报道那是星状 |
[15:19] | Yeah, so our killer probably read that article on the Internet. | 所以凶手可能在网上读了那篇报道 |
[15:22] | Possibly. | 有这个可能性 |
[15:23] | But the Manchester Herald folded in 1889. | 但曼切斯特先驱报1889年就倒闭了 |
[15:25] | It’s unlikely there would be any online copies. | 不太可能会有网上的报道 |
[15:28] | In fact, there is only one place in the city | 事实上 城里只有一个地方 |
[15:30] | that might have their records. | 会有当时的记录 |
[15:32] | Do we need a warrant? | 我们需要申请搜查令吗 |
[15:33] | No, just a library card. | 不用 有借书证就行 |
[15:42] | Always loved the smell in here. | 一直很喜欢这里的味道 |
[15:44] | Though I’m a bit dismayed it’s practically empty. | 虽然我有点失望 因为这里变得很空了 |
[15:46] | Yeah, well, most people get their info online these days. | 没错 现在很多人都是上网获取信息 |
[15:49] | After the stock-market crash in ’29, | 自从1929年股市崩溃后 |
[15:51] | people used to huddle in here during the winters. | 冬天的时候人们都涌到这里来 |
[15:52] | Henry. You got to focus. | 亨利 专心点 |
[15:55] | We’re supposed to be looking for the name of our killer. | 我们是来这里找出凶手的名字的 |
[15:58] | Okay. Right here. Check it out. | 好 就在这 过来看 |
[16:01] | 1889, Manchester Herald. | 1889年 曼切斯特先驱报 |
[16:04] | It was checked out a month ago by Freddy Abberline. | 一个月前被弗雷迪·亚伯莱恩借走了 |
[16:06] | Name’s a fake — Frederick Abberline | 名字是假的…弗雷德里克·亚伯莱恩 |
[16:09] | was the original inspector on the Jack The Ripper case. | 是最初负责开膛手杰克案的督察 |
[16:12] | Although, I doubt he ever went by “Freddy.” | 虽然我怀疑他是否有用过”弗雷迪”这个名字 |
[16:15] | Well, if that’s the case, we’ve got nothing to go on. | 如果是那样的话 这条线索就断了 |
[16:18] | Nothing except for his atrocious penmanship. | 除了他难看的笔迹 |
[16:20] | And, oddly enough, there’s a man on this list | 而说来也奇怪 这个名单上有个人 |
[16:24] | who signs his name exactly same way. | 签名的笔迹跟他一模一样 |
[16:26] | “J. Ellroy.” | “J·埃洛尔” |
[16:27] | Checked out the 1947 edition of the Los Angeles Times | 今早九点四十分借走了1947出版的 |
[16:31] | this morning at 9:40 a.m. and… | 洛杉矶时报 而且… |
[16:33] | he hasn’t returned it yet. | 他还没有归还 |
[16:36] | He’s still here. | 他还在这里 |
[16:39] | Okay, anybody look like a murderous psychopath | 这里哪个人长得像会杀人 |
[16:42] | who would cut out somebody’s heart? | 还会把人的心脏切出来的精神病患者 |
[16:46] | Well, that’s hard to tell. | 好吧 很难说 |
[16:48] | Evil like that usually lurks on the inside. | 那样的魔鬼一般藏在内心深处 |
[16:51] | That’s true, but I like the suspect who runs. | 没错 不过我喜欢逃跑的疑犯 |
[17:16] | I’m glad you decided to keep the phone. | 我很高兴你把手机留下来了 |
[17:19] | I’m afraid now’s not really a good time to talk. | 我恐怕现在没什么时间跟你聊 |
[17:29] | Hands behind your back! Interlace your fingers! | 双手放在身后 手指交叉 |
[17:31] | Sorry to intrude. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[17:33] | I’m sure you’re diligently working on police business. | 我知道你在努力帮警察破案 |
[17:35] | I just thought you should know you missed something. | 我只是打来告诉你你遗漏了什么 |
[17:39] | What do you mean? | 你在说什么 |
[17:40] | At the crime scene. | 案发现场 |
[17:42] | The killer left something behind. | 凶手留下了线索 |
[17:44] | You’re at the crime scene? | 你在案发现场吗 |
[17:45] | Just wanted to help out. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[17:47] | Extra set of eyeballs. | 多了双眼睛 |
[17:49] | Couldn’t resist seeing your killer’s homage. | 忍不住来看凶手的致敬现场 |
[17:53] | But it seems he is not just copying The Ripper. | 但他看起来不止模仿开膛手 |
[17:56] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[17:57] | He’s got an appreciation for other murderers, as well. | 他同时还欣赏别的凶手 |
[18:02] | He left a clue to tell you who he’ll be copying next. | 他留下线索告诉你他下一个要模仿谁 |
[18:10] | Can you guess what it is? | 你能猜到是什么吗 |
[18:16] | The Black Dahlia. | 黑色大丽花 |
[18:17] | Very good, Henry. | 非常好 亨利 |
[18:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:35] | I need to speak with the Frenchman. | 我需要跟法国佬谈谈 |
[18:44] | Abraham. | 亚伯拉罕 |
[18:46] | What a lovely surprise. | 多棒的惊喜 |
[18:48] | Just in time to see my latest find — | 恰好来看看我最新的发现… |
[18:50] | antique handcuffs all the way from Sing Sing. | 新新监狱的古董手铐 |
[18:55] | You intend to arrest somebody later? | 你一会儿打算逮捕谁吗 |
[18:57] | Depends. You free for dinner? | 看情况 你有空一起吃晚饭吗 |
[19:00] | Uh, that’s very tempting. | 令人难以拒绝 |
[19:01] | But actually, I’m here on business. | 不过我来是为了公事 |
[19:03] | I have a client who’s interested in a Liston knife. | 我有个客户对里斯顿刀感兴趣 |
[19:06] | So much for love. | 对你的爱到此为止 |
[19:09] | I had one, | 我有一把 |
[19:10] | but I think I sold it two weeks ago. | 不过我想我在两周前已经把它卖掉了 |
[19:16] | Uh, to whom? | 卖给谁了 |
[19:18] | Discretion is my business. | 我一向做事谨慎 |
[19:19] | You know I don’t kiss and tell. | 你知道我不会多嘴的 |
[19:21] | Pardon me, | 抱歉 |
[19:22] | but the gentleman in the corner | 角落那位先生 |
[19:23] | would like to negotiate the price on the medieval mace. | 想跟您谈一下那把中世纪权杖的价格 |
[19:28] | Let me know if you change your mind for dinner. | 如果你改变主意要和我共进晚餐 告诉我 |
[19:50] | Why I am here? | 为什么带我来警局 |
[19:51] | Library cracking down on late fees or something? | 图书馆开始实施滞纳金措施了吗 |
[19:56] | We’d like to ask you a few questions | 就你的阅读兴趣 |
[19:58] | about your reading habits. | 我们想问你几个问题 |
[20:00] | You check out a lot books on Jack the Ripper, Mary Kelly. | 你看过很多有关开膛手杰克和玛丽·凯利的书 |
[20:04] | So? I was doing research. | 那又怎样 我是在做研究 |
[20:06] | Oh, I-I believe that. | 这点我相信 |
[20:08] | We found the girl you cut up. | 我们发现一个被你肢解的女孩 |
[20:11] | You must have studied that Jack the Ripper case for hours. | 你一定在开膛手杰克的案件上钻研了很久 |
[20:16] | Hold on. You think I did this? | 等等 你觉得这是我做的 |
[20:19] | I’m not a murderer. I’m a writer. | 我不是杀人犯 我是个作家 |
[20:21] | Th– those books, the newspaper articles, | 那些书 那些报刊文章 |
[20:23] | those were all for the latest edition of “Soul Slasher.” | 都是为了最新一期的《碎魂者》而看的 |
[20:26] | You’ve never heard of it? | 你没听说过吗 |
[20:28] | No, I cannot say that I have. | 没 没听说过 |
[20:32] | Well, it’s a graphic novel about this character, Soul Slasher. | 碎魂者是连环画小说里的角色 |
[20:36] | He’s sort of a demon | 他是一个亘古以来 |
[20:37] | that inspires killers throughout time. | 激励杀人犯的恶魔 |
[20:39] | My whole last series was on Jack the Ripper. | 我上一个系列的故事都是讲开膛手杰克的 |
[20:43] | Okay, let me ask you — | 好 那我来问你 |
[20:45] | Do you always carry a bone saw with you when you write? | 每当写作时 你都会带着一把骨锯吗 |
[20:48] | It’s all part of the process. | 那都是写作过程的一部分 |
[20:49] | I like to get in the mind of the killer. | 我得代入杀人犯的角色 |
[20:51] | But that doesn’t make me an actual killer. | 但这并不代表我就是个真正的杀人犯 |
[20:53] | If that’s the case, | 如果真如你所说 |
[20:54] | why did you run when we approached you? | 那我们接近你时 你为什么要跑 |
[20:56] | You never said you were cops. | 你们没说自己是警察 |
[20:58] | I thought you were fans. | 我以为你们是我的书迷 |
[21:00] | See, they’re always showing up. | 他们总是出现在我周围 |
[21:01] | At my home, my publisher’s. | 在我家 还有出版商那 |
[21:04] | They even follow me on the subway. | 他们甚至跟着我进地铁 |
[21:06] | You sound like you’re afraid of them? | 你好像很怕他们 |
[21:08] | Yeah, well, believe me, | 是的 相信我 |
[21:09] | if you saw some of the things they post on the fan page, | 如果你看到他们在书迷留言区的留言 |
[21:12] | you’d be scared, too. | 你也会害怕的 |
[21:13] | They write poems, fantasies. | 他们写诗歌 一些幻想 |
[21:16] | Some of them even say they’ve killed people. | 有的甚至说他们杀了人 |
[21:20] | You think it’s possible one of them actually them did this? | 你觉得他们中的谁真的杀了人有可能吗 |
[21:23] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[21:25] | I mean, not to sound terrible, but a real-life murderer | 不是吓你 但如果有一个杀人犯 |
[21:29] | basing his crimes on the killers from my books? | 在现实生活中参照我的书来犯案 |
[21:32] | You can’t buy that kind of publicity. | 这种宣传可是花钱也买不到的 |
[21:39] | Please be careful. | 请小心翻阅 |
[21:40] | These are part of my private collection. | 这些可都是我的私人珍藏 |
[21:42] | I almost never take them out of their plastic covers. | 我几乎从不把它们从塑胶封中取出 |
[21:46] | Hard to believe there are sick weirdos | 真不敢相信居然有不正常的怪人 |
[21:47] | who actually read this stuff. | 真的阅读这种刊物 |
[21:51] | Excuse me. Don’t judge until you’ve given it a try. | 抱歉 请阅读后再下结论 |
[21:54] | The plots are actually great, | 情节真的很不错 |
[21:55] | and the medical stuff’s pretty accurate, too. | 医学方面也相当地精准 |
[21:57] | It’s more than accurate. | 是过于精准 |
[21:59] | With this book, a fan could have easily committed this crime. | 有了这本书 书迷就能轻易地犯罪 |
[22:02] | It’s practically a step-by-step guide. | 这本漫画几乎就是详细步骤指南 |
[22:04] | Look! | 快看 |
[22:05] | The star on Mary Kelly’s arm. | 玛丽·凯利手臂上的星星图案 |
[22:09] | Lieutenant Reece, it’s for you. | 里斯长官 这是给你的 |
[22:11] | Simon said his fans post pledges to kill | 西蒙说他的书迷以碎魂者之名 |
[22:14] | in the name of Soul Slasher. | 在留言区上誓言要杀人 |
[22:15] | We got to keep monitoring that fan page | 在凶手有机会再次犯案之前 |
[22:17] | before he has a chance to kill again. | 我们要一直监视书迷留言区 |
[22:18] | It’s too late. They found another mutilated body. | 太迟了 又发现了一具肢解尸体 |
[22:28] | Looks like she was sawed in half across the abdomen, | 看來死者从腹部被一切两半 |
[22:30] | exactly like the Black Dahlia. | 正如黑色大丽花一案一样 |
[22:32] | We’re standing in the middle of the park. | 我们站在公园的正中央 |
[22:34] | Our killer had to carry her in. | 凶手必须得把她运进来 |
[22:37] | Hey, fan out. Look for a blood trail. | 都分散开 找找血迹 |
[22:39] | They won’t find one. | 他们找不到任何血迹的 |
[22:40] | All the blood was drained from her body | 因为尸体被扔到这里之前 |
[22:42] | before it was dumped here. | 她体内的血已经被抽干了 |
[22:45] | I hate to sound all “Silence of the Lambs,” here, | 我不想说这很像《沉默的羔羊》 |
[22:47] | but she’s got something in her mouth. | 但她的嘴里有东西 |
[22:55] | Nylon. | 尼龙 |
[22:59] | In the ’60s, there was a serial killer | 六十年代有一个连环杀手 |
[23:01] | who broke into women’s homes. | 他闯入女子的家中 |
[23:02] | He strangled them with a stocking, | 用长筒袜勒死她们 |
[23:04] | and then he tied it into a bow. | 然后把系成一个蝴蝶结 |
[23:06] | Yeah, the Boston Strangler. | 那是波士顿杀人王 |
[23:09] | “Soul Slasher” comics, issue 37. | 《碎魂者》漫画 第37期 |
[23:11] | So, our killer already picked out his next crime. | 看来凶手已经选好了下一次作案手法 |
[23:14] | We got to get ahead of this guy. | 我们要赶在他下手之前找到他 |
[23:15] | Have there been any new postings | 《碎魂者》的书迷留言区 |
[23:17] | on the Soul Slasher fan page? | 有任何新留言吗 |
[23:18] | Not yet, but we’re keeping a close eye on it. | 还没 但是我们会一直密切关注 |
[23:20] | All right, in the meantime, I want you to talk to | 与此同时 我要你去询问 |
[23:21] | all the shop owners at the entrances of the park. | 公园所有入口处的店家 |
[23:23] | Find out if they’ve seen anything suspicious. | 看看他们是否见过可疑人物 |
[23:29] | There appears to be a pair of boot prints here. | 这好像是靴子的鞋印 |
[23:32] | Yeah, but we can’t be sure these are the killer’s. | 是 但我们无法肯定这是属于凶手的 |
[23:34] | Doc, a lot of people walk through | 医生 这个公园里 |
[23:35] | this part of the park all of the time. | 有很多人出出进进 |
[23:37] | Most people aren’t carrying an extra 120 pounds of dead weight. | 但没人会带着110斤重的尸体 |
[23:40] | These prints are much deeper than the rest. | 这些脚印比其他的都更深陷 |
[23:43] | It appears he also left something behind. | 显然他还落下了一样东西 |
[23:48] | Wow, a leaf in a park. Imagine that. | 公园里的一片叶子 想想看 |
[23:50] | Except this tree doesn’t grow here. | 但是这种树并不种在这里 |
[23:54] | Abe, we found this leaf near a body. | 亚伯 我们在一具尸体旁发现这片叶子 |
[23:57] | It’s a ginkgo biloba. | 是银杏叶 |
[23:59] | There are no trees like it anywhere in McGolrick Park. | 麦克格瑞克公园里没有这种树 |
[24:01] | In fact, the only neighborhood where you find gingko trees | 事实上 附近只有卡罗尔花园 |
[24:04] | is in Carroll Gardens. | 才会种银杏树 |
[24:05] | Well, at least we know the killer’s from Brooklyn. | 至少我们知道凶手是由布鲁克林来的 |
[24:08] | That’s something. | 算是有点进展了 |
[24:09] | True, it gives us his location. | 没错 这告诉了我们凶手所在地 |
[24:12] | But it’s of little use without a name. | 但不知道他的名字也没什么用 |
[24:15] | Did you find any information from the Frenchman’s ledger? | 你从法国佬的账簿里面找到什么了吗 |
[24:17] | No. | 没有 |
[24:18] | I thought all the customer’s names were just in Japanese. | 我以为所有客人的名字都是用日文写的 |
[24:21] | But when I translate it, the letters don’t make any sense. | 但是我翻译之后发现这些词汇完全没有意义 |
[24:23] | She must be using some kind of code. | 她一定用了某种密码 |
[24:27] | I don’t suppose you could ask her nicely for the name? | 我想你不会好声好气地去问她要这些名字 |
[24:31] | And admit I stole her ledger? | 同时承认我偷了她的账簿 |
[24:32] | Henry, that woman owns a sword collection. | 亨利 那个女人收藏了一整套剑 |
[24:36] | Yes, fair point. Let me have a look. | 好吧 让我看看 |
[24:44] | Hello? | 你好 |
[24:44] | Hey, we got a hit on the Soul Slasher’s fan page. | 我们在《碎魂者》的书迷留言区上发现了些东西 |
[24:47] | So far, we’ve got 20 fans | 到现在为止 有二十个粉丝称 |
[24:48] | who claim The Soul Slasher helped them kill the Black Dahlia. | 碎魂者指导他们杀了黑色大丽花 |
[24:51] | There seems to be a lot of suspects. | 嫌疑人似乎很多 |
[24:52] | Yeah. The clock is ticking. | 没错 时间紧迫 |
[24:53] | If we don’t narrow down this list fast, | 如果我们不快点缩小嫌疑人范围 |
[24:55] | we’re gonna have another dead body on our hands. | 我们会发现另一具死尸 |
[24:57] | Do any of the fans live in Brooklyn? | 这些粉丝中有住在布鲁克林的吗 |
[25:09] | E.S.U. is approaching the house. | 紧急小组接近目标 |
[25:11] | Okay, according to the computer, | 根据电脑显示 |
[25:12] | the suspect is online right now. | 嫌疑人现在正在线 |
[25:15] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[25:19] | Hands up! | 举起手来 |
[25:20] | Down on the ground! On the ground now! | 趴到地上 立刻趴到地上 |
[25:21] | What the hell?! What’s going on?! | 搞什么 怎么回事 |
[25:23] | Suspect is in custody. | 嫌疑人已被控制 |
[25:24] | E.S.U. Is slapping the cuffs on him now. | 紧急小组正在给他上手铐 |
[25:26] | Will somebody tell me what the hell is going on. | 有没有人能告诉我这是怎么回事 |
[25:30] | Hanson, the computer says the suspect’s still typing. | 汉森 电脑显示嫌疑人还在打字 |
[25:33] | What the hell is going on here?! | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[25:38] | Who else is in this house? | 还有谁在这房子里 |
[25:42] | 放屁 嫉妒吧 我才是被选中的那个 我才是真的 | |
[25:59] | What the hell do you want? | 你们想干什么 |
[26:04] | Your father’s outside, and your mother’s on her way. | 你父亲在外面 你母亲在赶来的路上 |
[26:07] | Now, I can ask them to come in | 如果你想让他们在场 |
[26:09] | if you’d like them to be present. | 我可以让他们进来 |
[26:11] | No, I’d rather keep this between us. | 不用 我更想这只有我们俩 |
[26:12] | I-it’s much more intimate that way. | 这样更加亲密 |
[26:15] | Besides, I’m 18. | 另外 我十八了 |
[26:17] | Legally, I think that makes me a grownup. | 法律上来说 我已经成年了 |
[26:20] | It does. | 没错 |
[26:21] | It also means you can be tried as an adult. | 这也意外着你会被当做成年人来审判 |
[26:25] | You’re looking at a double life sentence. | 你可能面临的是无期徒刑 |
[26:27] | Yeah. I don’t think this is ever gonna go to trial. | 是 但我觉得我绝不会上法庭的 |
[26:31] | But I am flattered that you brought me in as a suspect. | 但很荣幸 你们把我列为嫌疑人 |
[26:34] | I mean, when word of this hits the fan page, | 当消息传到书迷留言区 |
[26:36] | my cred with the Soul Slasher group is gonna explode. | 我在碎魂者群的可信度将会爆棚 |
[26:40] | Well, I’m glad you mentioned the fan page, | 我很高兴你提到书迷留言区 |
[26:42] | because you’ve had some interesting posts lately. | 因为你最近发了些有趣的帖子 |
[26:46] | “Just spent the evening with the Black Dahlia. | “刚和黑色大丽花度过了一个晚上 |
[26:48] | And when I left, she had a big, old smile on her face.” | 当我离开时 她大张着嘴笑了” |
[26:54] | So? I mean, that’s just a blog post. | 然后呢 这只是一个博客帖子 |
[26:59] | If you want to arrest me, don’t you need something more? | 如果要逮捕我 你不是需要更多证据吗 |
[27:01] | Like DNA? A murder weapon? | 比方说DNA 杀人凶器 |
[27:05] | But I’m guessing you don’t have any of that, do you? | 但是我猜你什么都没有 是吧 |
[27:11] | No, no, no, please. You listen to me, okay? | 不不不 听我说 |
[27:13] | I know technically he’s an adult, | 我知道理论上来说他是成年人 |
[27:15] | but he’s still my kid. | 但是他只是我的孩子 |
[27:16] | – I have — – I don’t want to hear it! | -我 -我不想听 |
[27:17] | I just want to see my son. | 我只想见我的儿子 |
[27:18] | Devin is not interested in seeing anyone, not even his lawyer. | 戴文现在谁都不想见 甚至也不想见律师 |
[27:21] | And you must be so proud of yourself. | 你现在一定感到特别骄傲 |
[27:23] | Kendall, you can’t blame this on me — | 肯德尔 你不能把这件事怪罪在我身上 |
[27:24] | You’re the one who bought him those stupid comic books, | 是你给他买了那些愚蠢的漫画书 |
[27:26] | took him to see scary movies, | 带他去看恐怖电影 |
[27:27] | let him spend all day with that fan page. | 允许他一整天都泡在书迷留言区 |
[27:29] | Okay, lots of kids read comic books, Kendall. | 很多孩子都看漫画书 肯德尔 |
[27:31] | That doesn’t make them killers. | 但这也没让他们成为杀人犯 |
[27:32] | Your son has an obsession with violence and murder, | 你儿子是沉迷于暴力和谋杀 |
[27:35] | that much you can thank your husband for. | 这点你可以怪罪于你丈夫 |
[27:37] | But Devin’s targets are women, | 但是戴文的杀害对象是女性 |
[27:38] | which means a particular woman in his life | 这代表着他生命中某个特别的女人 |
[27:40] | did something traumatic to trigger his killing spree. | 对他造成了心理创伤激发了他的杀戮心 |
[27:43] | Okay, our son is not a monster! | 我们的儿子不是个怪物 |
[27:45] | Well, if he did this, I’m afraid he is. | 如果他是凶手 恐怕他就是了 |
[27:46] | Listen, you — | 听着 你 |
[27:47] | Mr. Bentley, please calm down. | 本特利先生 请冷静 |
[27:48] | I will not calm down! | 我怎么冷静 |
[27:50] | What has Devin told you? | 戴文跟你说了什么 |
[27:51] | H-has he been charged with anything? | 你们用什么来起诉他 |
[27:53] | Because you turned our home upside down. | 因为你搜遍了我们家 |
[27:56] | I’d like to know exactly what you found. | 我想要知道你到底找到了什么 |
[27:57] | Mr. Bentley, this case is ongoing. | 本特利先生 案子还在进行 |
[27:59] | But we can tell you this — | 但是我能告诉你的是 |
[28:00] | we found a pair of shoes in your garage | 我们在你的车库找到一双鞋子 |
[28:03] | that match the footprints from one of our crime scenes. | 跟我们在一个犯罪现场发现的脚印相吻合 |
[28:05] | Okay, well, this is ridiculous. We’re gonna leave. | 这太可笑了 我们要走了 |
[28:07] | We’ll be back with a lawyer to get our son released. | 我们会带着律师来释放我的儿子 |
[28:09] | You all have no real evidence to charge him. | 你们都没有真正的证据起诉他 |
[28:12] | Actually, we do. | 实际上 我们有 |
[28:14] | A sales ledger from the shop | 我们有购买杀人凶器的 |
[28:16] | where the murder weapon was bought. | 店家的账簿 |
[28:17] | An antique Liston knife — | 一把古董里斯顿刀 |
[28:19] | very popular for amputations during the civil war. | 是在内战时非常流行的截肢工具 |
[28:22] | Once we confirm that Devin bought the weapon, | 一旦我们确定戴文买了这把刀 |
[28:24] | we’ll have all the evidence we need. | 我们就有了我们需要的证据 |
[28:25] | So, please, by all means, do get that lawyer. | 所以 请一定要请个律师 |
[28:28] | Your son’s gonna need one. | 你们的儿子会需要的 |
[28:35] | You know about this? | 你知道这些 |
[28:36] | Yes. Yeah. Of course. | 知道 当然知道 |
[28:38] | Excuse us for one second. | 不好意思 失陪一下 |
[28:42] | What the hell was all that about? | 刚刚那到底是什么回事 |
[28:43] | Where did you get that ledger? | 你从哪搞到的账簿 |
[28:45] | The Frenchman, an associate of Abe’s | 法国佬那 亚伯的一个生意伙伴 |
[28:47] | who specializes in rare weapons. | 专门贩卖稀有武器的 |
[28:49] | It’s where Bentley got the Liston knife. | 本特利就是在那买到里斯顿刀的 |
[28:51] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[28:52] | Y-you never said anything about a Liston knife. | 你压根就没提过里斯顿刀 |
[28:54] | I apologize. It’s a recent development. | 抱歉 这是最新发现 |
[28:57] | Abe sort of absconded with this ledger. | 亚伯是偷偷把这账簿带出来的 |
[28:59] | Problem is, the customers are written in some sort of code. | 问题是 顾客名单是用某种密码写的 |
[29:01] | You’re saying he stole it? | 你是说他偷出来的吗 |
[29:04] | “Borrowed.” | “借的” |
[29:05] | The antique weaponry game is a cutthroat business. | 古董武器的生意可是很残酷的游戏 |
[29:08] | But I’m sure I can crack the code, given enough time. | 不过给我足够时间我就能破解密码 |
[29:10] | If Devin Bentley’s name is in here, | 要是这上面有戴文·本特利的名字 |
[29:12] | that’s all the evidence we need to arrest him. | 我们就有足够的证据逮捕他 |
[29:14] | Yeah, until the court finds out that | 如果法官发现 |
[29:15] | you obtained this evidence illegally, | 你是通过非法途径获取的证据 |
[29:17] | and they throw it out — Devin will walk. | 那么证据作废 戴文就要被释放 |
[29:23] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[29:24] | To talk to a Judge. If we’re lucky, | 去找个法官 要是走运的话 |
[29:26] | I can get him to issue a subpoena for this Frenchman | 在法国佬店主给账簿挂失之前 |
[29:28] | before he reports that ledger stolen. | 能让法官给他开个传票 |
[29:30] | Uh, “She.” The Frenchman is a… It’s complicated. | 是她 法国佬是… 情况很复杂 |
[29:34] | Perhaps it’s best if I explain the situation | 也许最好还是让我去解释清楚 |
[29:36] | and ask her for help. | 请她帮我们的忙 |
[29:37] | No. You have done enough. | 不 你做得够多了 |
[29:39] | Just listen to me for once. Stay put. | 听我一次吧 待着别动 |
[29:58] | Sorry to disturb. | 不好意思打扰了 |
[30:01] | But I thought you might want this back. | 但是我觉得你也许想拿回这个 |
[30:05] | That Abe must have had a guilty conscience. | 亚伯肯定饱受良心的煎熬 |
[30:08] | So, you did know it was him? | 所以你知道是他干的吗 |
[30:10] | Of course. Who else would want to steal my client list? | 当然 还有谁会想偷我的顾客名单 |
[30:13] | Actually, Abe wasn’t trying to steal your clients. | 其实 亚伯不是想偷你的顾客 |
[30:16] | He was trying to assist in a police investigation. | 他是想协助警方调查 |
[30:21] | A Liston knife that you sold was used in a murder. | 你卖出的一把里斯顿刀是一件案子的凶器 |
[30:25] | We were trying to find the customer’s name. | 我们想找到是谁买的 |
[30:28] | I don’t imagine you had much luck. | 我想你应该什么都没找到吧 |
[30:31] | As it happens, | 拿到账本后 |
[30:31] | I did manage to decode the customer’s last name. | 我的确试图破解那些顾客的姓 |
[30:36] | The record says… “Bentley.” | 记录上写着 本特利 |
[30:40] | How did you figure that out? | 你怎么知道的 |
[30:42] | That’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[30:43] | The police have a suspect in custody. | 警察已经拘留了一名嫌疑人 |
[30:45] | They may be calling you to identify him. | 他们可能会叫你去辨认 |
[30:47] | When they do, | 那时候 |
[30:48] | we would be most grateful if you wouldn’t mention our… | 如果你能不提到这起错误的盗窃事件的话 |
[30:52] | misguided thievery. | 我们会很感激 |
[30:54] | And why should I help you | 你们公然从我这偷东西 |
[30:55] | after you so blatantly stole from me? | 我为什么还要帮你们 |
[30:59] | Right now, there is a murderer in custody | 警方现在羁押了一名杀人犯 |
[31:02] | whose sole pleasure in life is killing women. | 他唯一的乐趣就是杀戮女性 |
[31:05] | I can’t imagine you would want a murderer like that | 我难以想象你会因为这点小细节 |
[31:08] | to be free because of a technicality. | 而让这样一个杀人魔逍遥法外 |
[31:12] | And I’m sure you wouldn’t want to see | 而且我相信你也不希望看着 |
[31:14] | Abe or me go to prison, either. | 我或者亚伯进监狱吧 |
[31:16] | Couple of cute guys like you two wouldn’t last a day in jail. | 像你们这样的帅哥在监狱里一天都活不下去 |
[31:21] | I’ll keep this between us. | 我会保密的 |
[31:23] | But you are lucky that | 也算你走运 |
[31:25] | I remember what that ojisan looked like. | 我还记得那欧吉桑长什么样 |
[31:31] | “Ojisan”? | “欧吉桑” |
[31:33] | – Yes. It’s Japanese. It means “Man.” – “Man.” | -日语 意思是男人 -男人 |
[31:35] | It means “Straight, uptight man.” | 意思是”刻板而紧张的男人” |
[31:39] | Are you telling me the customer wasn’t a teenager? | 你是说那个顾客不是个少年吗 |
[31:41] | No. He was older. A polo shirt. Uh, khakis. | 不 更老些 穿着保罗衫和卡其裤 |
[31:51] | Shh, don’t try to scream. | 别想尖叫 |
[31:54] | I’ve punctured your lung and your vena cava artery. | 我刚刺穿了你的肺和腔静脉动脉 |
[31:58] | You’re going to bleed to death in about — | 你会流血而死 大概要花… |
[31:59] | – Eight minutes. – Oh, you’re a smart man. | -八分钟 -你很聪明 |
[32:02] | Make that about four minutes. | 现在缩短到四分钟了 |
[32:19] | Hello? | 你好 |
[32:20] | Abe, it’s Jo. | 亚伯 我是乔 |
[32:22] | I managed to get a Judge to issue a subpoena, | 我让一个法官签了传票 |
[32:23] | but I need the Frenchman’s address. | 不过我需要法国佬的地址 |
[32:25] | Frenchman… Uh, Frenchman… | 法国男 法国人 |
[32:27] | Doesn’t seem to ring any bells. | 不太明白你说哪个啊 |
[32:29] | Oh, well, that’s funny, | 真有趣 |
[32:29] | considering you just stole the ledger only a day ago. | 你昨天刚从人家那偷了个账簿 |
[32:32] | A criminal offense, I might add. | 要我说的话 这是犯罪 |
[32:35] | Ohh. That Frenchman. | 你说法国佬啊 |
[32:37] | 7th and Reade Streets, right next to the bagel place. | 第七大道和里德街的交叉口 面包店旁边 |
[32:40] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[34:12] | Good thing you’re in shock. | 好在你休克了 |
[34:15] | ’cause it looks like your back is broken. | 因为看上去你的背骨折了 |
[34:32] | Stop! | 住手 |
[34:34] | Stop right there! | 站着别动 |
[34:35] | All right. Take it easy, detective. | 好吧 放松点 警官 |
[34:38] | Put your hands where I can see them. | 把手放在我看得到的地方 |
[35:14] | Hello, Henry. | 你好 亨利 |
[35:17] | I didn’t want us to meet like this. | 没想到咱俩会在这种情况下见面 |
[35:20] | But when I saw your partner go in upstairs, I… | 不过我看到你的搭档上楼去了 |
[35:23] | I got worried. | 我有点担心 |
[35:24] | This is Detective Jo Martinez. | 我是乔·马丁内兹警官 |
[35:26] | I need paramedics and units at 108 Reade Street. | 我在里德街108号 需要救护车和警员 |
[35:28] | Suspect is down, but I still need to do a sweep. | 嫌犯已被击毙 但是我还得做些善后 |
[35:32] | Your partner’s bound to find you. | 你的搭档总会找到你的 |
[35:35] | And if you die in front of her that’s | 要是你在她面前死了 |
[35:38] | no good for anybody. | 这对大家都没好处 |
[35:44] | You can thank me later. | 你可以晚点再谢我 |
[36:23] | Made up a batch of blueberry scones — | 我做了一批蓝莓烤饼 |
[36:26] | your favorite. | 你的最爱 |
[36:28] | Thought it might help to have some | 估计经历了昨晚的事后 |
[36:29] | comfort food after last night. | 吃点好的会让你好受点 |
[36:31] | Look, I appreciate it. | 听着 我很感激 |
[36:33] | But nothing puts off my appetite quite like being murdered. | 但是被人杀掉让我毫无食欲 |
[36:35] | You know, I-I-I don’t mean to minimize your death, but | 我不是对你的死无动于衷 |
[36:40] | as far as being stabbed, | 但你已经被刺伤 |
[36:42] | breaking your back, | 还伤了脊椎 |
[36:43] | and almost having your secret exposed, | 差点就曝露了秘密 |
[36:45] | well, I’d say the situation ended relatively well. | 应该说这个解决方法还算不错了 |
[36:48] | I’ll be sure to write Adam a very nice thank-you note. | 我一定会给亚当写封言辞恳切的感谢信 |
[36:54] | You know, the way he did it… | 知道吗 他杀我的时候 |
[36:58] | when he cut my throat, | 割喉的手法 |
[37:00] | it was so cold, so callous. | 很冷酷 很无情 |
[37:04] | Yeah, well, in his defense, he had to act quickly. | 替他想想 他必须快速行动 |
[37:07] | I mean surgically. | 像外科手术一样利落 |
[37:09] | Of course, it proves that he does really know about your, um… | 当然这也证明了他真的知道你的… |
[37:13] | condition. | 状况 |
[37:16] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[37:17] | He knows everything about me, | 他对我了如指掌 |
[37:20] | which means he knows about you. | 也就是说他也知道你 |
[37:21] | Well, so? So what if he does? | 所以呢 他知道又怎样 |
[37:23] | Only means he knows that I’m a regular schnook like everyone else. | 只代表他知道有我这么个不起眼的的小人物 |
[37:26] | Oh, please, Abe. I’ve seen what this man is capable of. | 亚伯 我见识过这个人的能力 |
[37:28] | Now, listen. | 听好 |
[37:29] | There’s no sense in worrying about me, all right? | 根本就不用担心我 好吗 |
[37:31] | Not me. | 不用担心我 |
[37:34] | Besides, I have, um, scarier people to see today. | 何况我今天还要见一个 更恐怖的人 |
[37:38] | Such as? | 比如是 |
[37:40] | I’m off to see the Frenchman at the hospital. | 我要去医院看看法国佬 |
[37:43] | I owe her an apology. | 我欠她一个道歉 |
[37:46] | If I’m not back by tomorrow… | 如果我明天还没回来 |
[37:48] | Call the police. | 那就报警吧 |
[37:51] | Kid spends all day reading about psychos, | 那小孩整天研究变态凶手 |
[37:52] | had no clue his own father was a murderer. | 居然没发现他亲爹就是杀人凶手 |
[37:55] | We should have seen this all sooner. | 我们应该早点发现的 |
[37:57] | Mark Bentley was standing right here in the station. | 马克·本特利之前就在警局 |
[37:59] | If we’d have figured it out then, he may still be alive. | 要是我们那时候发现了 说不定他就不会死 |
[38:02] | Regardless of how it happened, | 不管事情怎么样 |
[38:03] | the important thing to remember is that you stopped a killer. | 重要的是你阻止了那个杀人犯 |
[38:10] | How you holding up? | 你还好吗 |
[38:11] | Taking a life leaves its mark. | 杀了人总会有后遗症的 |
[38:15] | No matter how strong you are, | 不管你有多坚强 |
[38:16] | It’s always a good idea to talk to someone about it. | 有些事说出来会好很多 |
[38:18] | Lieutenant, I-I’m fine. Really. | 长官 我很好 真的 |
[38:27] | We may never understand those | 也许我们永远无法理解那些 |
[38:29] | who kill so easily for spectacle. | 为引人注意而轻易杀人的人 |
[38:33] | But perhaps that’s why we’re so fascinated with them. | 也许因为如此我们才会对他们如此着迷 |
[38:37] | We read about their exploits out of curiosity. | 我们出于好奇阅读他们的壮举 |
[38:40] | Our fascination with the macabre | 我们对以死亡为主题的书籍的痴迷 |
[38:42] | makes it all seem unreal. | 让死亡变得不真实 |
[38:45] | But the truth is that everyone has the capacity to kill. | 但事实是所有人都有能力去杀人 |
[38:51] | The real question is, | 真正的问题是 |
[38:53] | how do you live with yourself afterward? | 杀人以后要如何自处 |
[38:58] | Hey, I’ll take a double whiskey, whatever’s well. | 双份威士忌 哪种都好 |
[39:02] | No, you will not. | 不行 你别喝那个 |
[39:03] | Life’s too short to waste on cheap alcohol. | 生命何其短 怎能浪费在便宜的酒精上 |
[39:05] | Macallan 25, please. My treat. | 麦卡伦25年单一麦芽威士忌 谢谢 我请 |
[39:07] | Sure thing. | 当然 |
[39:11] | Is that your way of apologizing? | 你就是这么道歉的吗 |
[39:14] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:15] | Investigating behind your back | 背着你去调查 |
[39:16] | was a poor decision on my part, | 是我愚蠢的决定 |
[39:19] | I could have jeopardized the case. | 我差点危害到了这个案子 |
[39:21] | It’s not only that, Henry. You could have been killed. | 不仅如此 亨利 你可能会害死自己 |
[39:24] | If you had gotten cornered by Mark Bentley the way I was, | 如果你像我一样被马克·本特利逼到死路 |
[39:28] | he could have seriously hurt you. | 他可能就小命不保了 |
[39:38] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[39:43] | Yeah. I mean, it’s not like I… | 没事 又不是我… |
[39:47] | It’s not like I had another option, right? | 我当时别无选择 |
[39:53] | You’ve never done that before, have you? | 你从来没做过吧 是不是 |
[39:57] | Taken a person’s life? | 取人性命 |
[40:01] | Well, it’s part of my job. | 这是我工作的一部分 |
[40:03] | It is, and you do your job very well. | 确实 而你也完成得很出色 |
[40:07] | I’m glad you’re feeling so awful. | 我很高兴你感觉这么糟 |
[40:10] | You know, Henry, you are not the best drinking buddy. | 亨利 你真不是好酒伴 |
[40:17] | You must allow yourself to feel | 你得让自己去感受 |
[40:19] | the pain, the guilt, the shame. | 那种痛苦 内疚和遗憾 |
[40:23] | The day that killing another person doesn’t affect you, | 如果有一天杀人对你没有影响 |
[40:25] | that’s when you’ve got real problems. | 那问题才大发了 |
[40:34] | I’m glad to see you’re evolving. | 很高兴看到你进化了 |
[40:39] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[40:41] | You’re buzzing. | 手机震动 |
[40:43] | Welcome to the modern age, Henry. | 欢迎来到现代 亨利 |
[40:48] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[40:53] | Should I be looking over my shoulder? | 我是不是该更加小心 |
[40:55] | You sound paranoid, Henry. | 你听起来怎么神经兮兮的 亨利 |
[40:57] | Why? I was only doing you a favor. | 为什么 我那可是在帮你的忙 |
[41:00] | When you cut my throat… | 你割开我的喉咙的时候… |
[41:03] | you placed the knife exactly two inches below my jaw. | 精准的把刀放到下巴下方两英寸处 |
[41:07] | Clinically speaking, your technique was masterful. | 医术上来说 你的技艺纯熟 |
[41:10] | When you suffer from our condition, you realize — | 当你对我们这种情况厌倦时 你会意识到… |
[41:13] | murder, it’s just a part of life. | 杀人不过是生活中的一部分 |
[41:15] | It’s like breathing. | 像呼吸一样 |
[41:16] | You’ve never done it before, have you, Henry? | 你从来没做过是不是 亨利 |
[41:19] | No. | 没有 |
[41:22] | And I see no reason to start. | 我也找不到理由去做 |
[41:24] | You say that now, | 你现在这么说 |
[41:25] | but you’re still a relatively young man. | 但你还年轻 |
[41:28] | Just give it time. | 耐心等吧 |
[41:30] | I know you, Henry. | 我了解你 亨利 |
[41:33] | Not as well as you think. | 并没有你以为的那么了解 |