时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My name is Henry Morgan. | 我叫亨利·摩根 |
[00:03] | My story is a long one. | 我的故事说来话长 |
[00:05] | Something happened nearly two centuries ago. | 差不多两个世纪前发生了一点意外 |
[00:09] | And I was transformed. | 我被转化了 |
[00:11] | But my life is just like yours… | 我的生命和你的几乎一样 |
[00:13] | Except for one small difference. | 除了一个小小的差别 |
[00:18] | It never ends. | 我的生命从没有尽头 |
[00:22] | Over the years, | 过了这么多年 |
[00:22] | you could say I’ve become a student of death. | 可以说我已经是死亡学家了 |
[00:25] | You see, I need to find a key to unlock my curse. | 我得找出破除诅咒的良方 |
[00:28] | So, I currently work | 所以现在 |
[00:29] | for the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. | 我在纽约市的法医办公室工作 |
[00:32] | It holds the largest collection of slightly-chilled | 这里有世界上最多的 |
[00:34] | corpses in the world. | 新鲜尸体 |
[00:35] | If your game is death, you go where the action is. | 如果你想了解死亡 就去死亡最多的地方 |
[00:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:44] | It’s wonderful to be here | 很荣幸今晚能在这里 |
[00:46] | to honor someone who has | 将荣誉授予一个 |
[00:48] | devoted himself so entirely to caring for others. | 全心全意只为帮助他人的人 |
[00:50] | When he was still just a medical resident, | 当他还只是一名住院医师的时候 |
[00:52] | he founded the “First Chance Clinic” in Washington Heights. | 他在华盛顿高地建立了”第一可能诊所” |
[00:55] | It was one room, one doctor: himself. | 诊所只有一个房间 一名医生 他自己 |
[00:58] | Today, it has a staff of nearly 300 | 时至今日 诊所已有超过300名员工 |
[01:01] | and is a beacon of health and hope. | 成为了健康和希望的象征 |
[01:03] | That’s also an apt description of its founder. | 诊所创立者本人 代表着健康和希望 |
[01:05] | I know because I’m lucky enough | 我之所以知道这些 是因为我很幸运 |
[01:07] | to have been friends with Ty-Tyler– | 从初三起就是泰勒 |
[01:09] | sorry, “Dr. Forester” since the 9th grade. | 不好意思 福雷斯特医生的朋友 |
[01:13] | And while, yes, | 同时我想表明 |
[01:13] | my family’s firm is one of tonight’s sponsors, | 尽管我家的公司是今晚的赞助人之一 |
[01:16] | it has nothing to do with | 这丝毫不会影响今晚我们把 |
[01:18] | tonight’s 2014 NYC Gives Back “Hero Award” | 把2014年的”纽约英雄奖” |
[01:22] | going to the best person I’ve ever met, | 颁发给我见过的最好的人 |
[01:25] | Tyler Forester. | 泰勒·福雷斯特 |
[01:28] | Get up here, Tyler! | 到这来 泰勒 |
[01:42] | You’ve always done the right thing, Ty. | 你一直以来都在做正确的事情 泰 |
[01:44] | Don’t ever change. | 永远不要改变 |
[01:56] | No good deed, indeed. | 毫不手软啊 |
[01:57] | Guy was a doctor at the clinic a few blocks away. | 这人是几个街区外那家诊所的医生 |
[01:59] | He was probably home | 有人闯进来的时候 |
[02:00] | when someone broke in and things got ugly. | 他可能刚好在家 场面失控 |
[02:02] | Business as usual in this part of Harlem. | 在黑人住宅区这种事情见多了 |
[02:04] | He picked the wrong neighborhood for a quiet night at home. | 想要晚上安静地呆在家里 这人选错地方了 |
[02:06] | Yeah, well, he could’ve afforded rent someplace else, | 是啊 他可以去租更好的房子 |
[02:08] | that’s for sure. | 这点是肯定的 |
[02:10] | What do you mean? | 你为什么这么说 |
[02:11] | The victim is Tyler Forester. | 死者是泰勒·福雷斯特 |
[02:13] | His father’s Lawrence Forester. | 他父亲是劳伦斯·福雷斯特 |
[02:15] | What do you mean, the CEO of Forester-Lambert? | 什么 你是说福雷斯特-兰伯特公司的总裁吗 |
[02:17] | The billionaire? | 那个亿万富翁吗 |
[02:18] | Well, I’m not his accountant, but that’s what I hear. | 我不知道他有多少钱 不过我是这么听说的 |
[02:21] | A billionaire’s son living up here like this? | 亿万富翁的儿子就住在这种地方啊 |
[02:23] | What was he, stupid? | 他是怎么了 傻吗 |
[02:24] | Perhaps he wanted to live among his patients. | 也许他想生活在病人周围呢 |
[02:26] | Not so stupid. | 也没那么傻 |
[02:28] | C.O.D. is blunt trauma to the head. | 死因是头部的钝挫伤 |
[02:30] | He was struck with this award from | 他是被人拿这个奖杯 |
[02:32] | approximately a 20-degree vector. | 以大约20°矢量砸中了 |
[02:35] | Vector? | 矢量 |
[02:37] | Angle and force. | 角度和力量 |
[02:39] | Well, then just say that. | 直说不就行了 |
[02:40] | Which means the height of our suspect | 这说明嫌犯的身高 |
[02:42] | is between 5’9″ and 6’2″. | 在179厘米到189厘米之间 |
[02:45] | And based on the body’s current rigor mortis, | 再根据尸体的僵硬程度 |
[02:47] | I’m putting the time of death | 我猜测死亡时间 |
[02:48] | at approximately | 应该是 |
[02:49] | 11:30 last night. | 昨晚11点30分 |
[02:53] | This lock, it was broken from the inside. | 门锁是从里面被弄坏的 |
[02:56] | I can tell from the angle– | 我可以从墙上的角度 |
[02:57] | no, I’m sorry, the vector– | 不好意思 矢量 |
[03:00] | marks on the wall. | 痕迹里看出来 |
[03:07] | That doesn’t look half bad. | 那个看上去好像没怎么坏 |
[03:09] | Maybe tech can get something off it. | 也许技术人员能从里面找到什么呢 |
[03:12] | So, no other sign of a struggle. | 这里没有多余的挣扎痕迹 |
[03:15] | The lock broken from the inside. | 门锁是从屋子里被破坏的 |
[03:18] | The body’s position facing the door | 尸体面对着门 |
[03:20] | seems less like the murderer broke in than– | 看上去不像是破门而入的谋杀案 |
[03:23] | He was let in. | 嫌犯是他请进门的 |
[03:25] | Why did he break the lock? | 那为什么要把门锁弄坏 |
[03:28] | Presumably to make it look otherwise. | 好让现场看起来像其他的情况 |
[03:30] | So, you’re thinking | 所以你认为 |
[03:30] | Mr. saint-of-the-city got iced by someone he knew? | 纽约的大圣人是被熟人杀了 |
[03:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:34] | In my experience, just because you’re a saint | 根据我的经验 就算你是个圣人 |
[03:38] | doesn’t mean that you don’t know any sinners. | 也不代表你不认识任何罪人 |
[03:48] | Every crime, like every person, | 每桩犯罪 就像每个人一样 |
[03:50] | has its secrets. | 都有自己的秘密 |
[03:52] | Some are never revealed, | 有些秘密永远都无法揭开 |
[03:54] | while others are hidden in plain sight. | 有些一眼就能发现 |
[03:58] | Roman numerals. | 这些是罗马数字 |
[04:01] | I know what they are, Henry. | 我知道它们是什么 亨利 |
[04:02] | Benefits of a New York City public-school education. | 多亏了纽约公立学校给我的教育 |
[04:05] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[04:07] | But what do they mean? | 但它们代表着什么 |
[04:09] | Well, there’s a lot about this guy that’s hard to figure. | 这人身上的不解之谜多着呢 |
[04:11] | I spent the entire morning up at his clinic. | 我在他的诊所里待了一早上 |
[04:14] | Turns out nobody knew him very well. | 发现大家都不怎么了解他 |
[04:16] | He worked crazy hours, was completely devoted. | 他全身心地投入到工作中 不分昼夜 |
[04:19] | But it seems like doctoring | 但是看起来行医 |
[04:20] | was the only thing he really cared about. | 是他唯一在乎的事情 |
[04:22] | Yes, well, practicing medicine | 是的 医学研究 |
[04:24] | can be a passion unlike any other. | 可以是一种与众不同的爱好 |
[04:26] | Cover the body. | 把尸体盖上吧 |
[04:27] | It’s the father. | 他父亲来了 |
[04:31] | I wasn’t aware of any tattoo, no. | 我没见过这些纹身 |
[04:34] | Nor can I offer a guess as to its meaning. | 我也不知道它们代表什么 |
[04:38] | The truth is, | 事实上 |
[04:40] | I didn’t know Tyler very well, and hadn’t for some time. | 我不太了解泰勒 已经这样有一段时间了 |
[04:43] | Was that due to something specific? | 是出于什么特殊的原因吗 |
[04:45] | No. | 不是 |
[04:46] | At least, not that I’m aware of. | 至少我不这么觉得 |
[04:49] | Over time, he just | 时过境迁 他就这样 |
[04:50] | drifted away. | 慢慢地和我疏远了 |
[04:52] | Well, “drifted” is perhaps too mild a word. | “疏远”这个词可能还太温和了 |
[04:54] | He pushed us away. | 他拒绝我们的关心 |
[04:56] | You and your wife? | 你和你的妻子吗 |
[04:57] | Divorced five years, but yes. | 虽然离婚五年了 但是的 |
[05:01] | Starting around the time Tyler went off to college, | 从泰勒去上大学那时候开始 |
[05:03] | he basically began to rebuff us at every turn. | 他回绝我们每一次的关心 |
[05:08] | Mr. Forester, given your financial profile, | 福雷斯特先生 根据你的经济情况 |
[05:12] | we really do need to consider | 我们可能会考虑 |
[05:13] | the possibility that money was a factor. | 金钱是其中的一个杀人动机 |
[05:16] | My profile, yes, but not Tyler’s. | 我的经济情况很好 但是泰勒并不好 |
[05:19] | He had nothing. | 他什么都没有 |
[05:19] | I’ll show you his bank records. | 我会把他的银行记录给你们看 |
[05:21] | Not only did he refuse to take anything from me, | 不仅是因为他拒绝我给他的任何东西 |
[05:24] | he gave most of what little he did make on his own | 他还把他那微薄收入的大部分 |
[05:26] | to other charities. | 都捐给了慈善机构 |
[05:29] | A few I had never even heard of. | 有的机构我甚至从未听说过 |
[05:31] | Some of the forensic evidence | 我们从泰勒公寓收集到的证据 |
[05:32] | that we gathered from Tyler’s apartment | 经过法医鉴定显示 |
[05:35] | suggests that Tyler might have been killed by | 泰勒可能是被他认识的人 |
[05:38] | someone he knew. | 杀害的 |
[05:40] | Is there anyone in Tyler’s life that | 在你印象中 泰勒身边 |
[05:42] | you can think of that we would benefit from speaking to | 有没有别人能帮我们了解情况的 |
[05:47] | There’s a memorial service tomorrow morning. | 明早会举行追悼会 |
[05:50] | Maybe there’ll be people there | 也许在那你们会找到 |
[05:51] | who knew him better than I did. | 比我更熟悉他的人 |
[05:52] | I certainly hope so. | 我希望是这样 |
[05:57] | My father brought it all back with him from Vietnam. | 我父亲从越南把这些都带回来了 |
[06:00] | Army? | 陆军吗 |
[06:01] | Dad? No, marines. | 我爸吗 不 是海军 |
[06:03] | Army. | 我是陆军 |
[06:04] | ’67 and ’68. | 67年到68年 |
[06:07] | Airborne. | 空降兵 |
[06:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:09] | So, then, you can probably see | 你大概也看出来了 |
[06:10] | that the buddha statue is the real deal. | 这个佛像才是最值钱的 |
[06:12] | My dad said he got it from a monk in the jungle. | 我爸爸说这是从丛林里一个和尚那得到的 |
[06:13] | Well, in my experience, | 据我的经验 |
[06:14] | monks aren’t always the, uh, most reliable sources. | 和尚通常不是最可靠的来源 |
[06:17] | Well, in my experience, my dad is. | 据我的经验 我爸爸是最可靠的 |
[06:23] | I can give you $500 for all of it. | 这些我给你五百块 |
[06:25] | Okay. You got a deal. | 好的 成交 |
[06:30] | – There you are. – Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[06:31] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:37] | You just buy that? | 你刚买的吗 |
[06:38] | Yeah. A stellar example of the Bangkok airport gift shop | 是的 曼谷机场礼品店买的精美礼品 |
[06:42] | circa 1970. | 大约是1970年的 |
[06:46] | Well, sometimes what we don’t know doesn’t hurt us, right? | 有时候 不知道的事不会伤害到我们 |
[06:49] | Well, that was kind of you. | 你真善良 |
[06:51] | Though I think, just as often, | 尽管我认为 通常 |
[06:52] | what we don’t know does hurt us. | 不知道的事会伤害到我们 |
[06:55] | I spoke to a father who was in mourning today, | 今天我跟一个出丧的父亲交谈 |
[06:58] | troubled by how little he really knew about his son. | 他为不曾真正了解自己的儿子而备受折磨 |
[07:01] | A new case? | 新案子吗 |
[07:02] | Yes, a young doctor who founded a free clinic uptown. | 是的 一个在住宅区创立了免费诊所的年轻医生 |
[07:06] | Apparently devoted so entirely to medicine and his work | 很明显他把自己都贡献给医学和事业 |
[07:08] | that he pushed everything else in his life away. | 把身边所有的人和事都拒之千里 |
[07:10] | Yes, well, all you doctors | 是啊 所有做你们医生这行的 |
[07:12] | can get a little consumed by your work. | 都对你们的工作有些痴迷 |
[07:14] | More than a little, now and then. | 不止一点 时不时的 |
[07:16] | Are you referring to — | 你又要说… |
[07:17] | If memory serves, and I believe it does, | 如果我没记错的话 |
[07:19] | there was a certain October. | 那是一个十月 |
[07:21] | 1956, to be exact… | 准确说是在1956年 |
[07:22] | Oh, please, not again. | 拜托 别又说一遍 |
[07:23] | …When a little boy, just 10 years old, | 一个小男孩 只有十岁 |
[07:25] | was promised by his parents — | 他的父母 一个护士 一个医生 |
[07:26] | one a nurse, the other a doctor — | 向他保证 |
[07:28] | that he’d be taken to the Fifth Game of the World Series | 要带他去看世界职业棒球联赛第五场 |
[07:30] | between the New York Yankees and — | 纽约洋基队和… |
[07:31] | Oh, for the thousandth time, | 说一千遍了 |
[07:33] | we were working the emergency room. | 我们当时在急诊室工作 |
[07:34] | There was an emergency. | 当时有急诊 |
[07:36] | Couldn’t just leave and take you to a baseball game. | 不能就那么离开 带你去看棒球赛 |
[07:38] | Don Larsen pitched a perfect game in Game Five. | 唐·拉尔森在第五场有个精彩的投球 |
[07:41] | Do you know how often that happens in the World Series? | 你知道在世界职业棒球联赛中有多罕见吗 |
[07:43] | Ever? Do you? | 有过吗 你知道吗 |
[07:45] | I believe only — | 我只相信… |
[07:46] | Just once! | 只有一次 |
[07:49] | And I missed it because of you. | 就因为你们我才错过的 |
[07:56] | Even at Hamilton, | 即使在汉密尔顿 |
[07:58] | not exactly a bastion of selflessness, | 一个不算是无私的地方 |
[08:01] | there was something about Tyler | 泰勒的品格 |
[08:04] | that seemed of a higher plane. | 也似乎到了一个新的高度 |
[08:06] | He wasn’t a saint, trust me, | 他不是个圣人 相信我 |
[08:09] | but for us, at least, he came close. | 但至少对我们来说 他已经很接近了 |
[08:13] | He will forever be in our hearts. | 他会永远活在我们心里 |
[08:20] | Hamilton school is one | 汉密尔顿学院是 |
[08:21] | of the oldest private schools in New York. | 纽约最老的私立学院之一 |
[08:25] | Yeah. And the richest. | 是的 也是最贵的 |
[08:28] | They’re all wearing the same class rings. | 他们都戴着相同的戒指 |
[08:31] | The city’s best and brightest. | 这城市最光鲜闪耀的一群人 |
[08:33] | Do I detect a chip on your shoulder, detective? | 你是不是觉得委屈 警官 |
[08:40] | Then again, your instincts may be right. | 你的直觉可能是对的 |
[08:42] | The one with the facial hair, | 那个络腮胡子的 |
[08:44] | agitated breathing, sweating, dilated pupils. | 呼吸急促 流汗 瞳孔变大 |
[08:46] | He’s on something — cocaine, most likely. | 他肯定嗑药了 可能是可卡因 |
[08:49] | Yeah, well, you can’t teach class. | 是啊 你又不能教课 |
[08:52] | So, where might he be off to? | 他会去哪里呢 |
[08:57] | Bathroom’s out of order. | 卫生间出故障了 |
[08:59] | But, then again, what do I know? I’m not a plumber. | 不过 我知道什么呢 我又不是水管工 |
[09:02] | I’m just a detective. | 我只是个警官 |
[09:03] | Jo Martinez, NYPD. | 纽约警局的乔·马丁内兹 |
[09:05] | A detective? | 警官 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:09] | I’m Paul. | 我是保罗 |
[09:10] | Paul Gould. | 保罗·古尔德 |
[09:12] | So, you guys are here because… | 你们出现在这里是因为… |
[09:14] | Because your friend was murdered. | 因为你朋友是被谋杀的 |
[09:16] | When was the last time you saw Tyler? | 你最后一次见泰勒是什么时候 |
[09:18] | Spoke to him? | 跟他说话 |
[09:19] | It had been a while, actually. | 有很长时间了 |
[09:22] | Can’t remember when, exactly. | 实在记不清楚了 |
[09:25] | God, the whole thing is just so messed up, you know? | 天呐 整件事真是一团糟 知道吗 |
[09:29] | Can’t really believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[09:30] | Were you aware at all that Tyler had a tattoo? | 你知道泰勒身上的纹身吗 |
[09:33] | A rather prominent one on his chest? | 他胸口上有个很明显的纹身 |
[09:35] | A tattoo? Tyler? Really? | 纹身 泰勒吗 真的吗 |
[09:38] | Excuse me, can I help you two? | 抱歉 有什么能帮到你们二位的吗 |
[09:42] | I’m an NYPD detective, | 我是纽约警察局的警官 |
[09:43] | And we’re investigating Tyler’s murder. | 我们在调查泰勒的谋杀案 |
[09:45] | Okay. Well, this is a memorial service, detective. | 好吧 这可是个追悼会 警官 |
[09:49] | And I’m sure Mr. And Mrs. Forester, | 而我确定福雷斯特先生和夫人 |
[09:50] | like the rest of us, would appreciate it — | 和我们其他人一样 会希望… |
[09:52] | Mr. Forester invited us. | 是福雷斯特先生邀请我们来的 |
[09:55] | Cassandra Mueller. I’m an attorney. | 卡桑德拉·米勒 我是一名律师 |
[09:58] | Does Paul here need a lawyer? | 这儿的这位保罗需要律师吗 |
[10:01] | Actually, we were just leaving. | 实际上 我们正打算走 |
[10:03] | Detective, might I have a moment? | 警官 能等我一下吗 |
[10:07] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 我对您的损失深表遗憾 |
[10:09] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们会联系你的 |
[10:16] | Carter Pilsen. Hi. | 我是卡特·皮尔森 你们好 |
[10:17] | I’m so sorry for Cassandra’s tone. | 我为卡桑德拉的语气道歉 |
[10:20] | And, uh…Paul. | 还有保罗的态度 |
[10:22] | But it’s a tough day for all of us, | 但今天对我们所有人而言都是艰难的一天 |
[10:23] | as you can imagine, | 你可以想象得到 |
[10:24] | And, of course, we’d like to help you | 以及 当然了 我们很乐意 |
[10:25] | with your investigation any way we can. | 尽我们所能协助你们的调查 |
[10:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:28] | When was the last time you saw Tyler? | 你最后一次见到泰勒是什么时候 |
[10:30] | Before the night of the murder? | 在他被杀的前一晚吧 |
[10:33] | Um, I presented him with the “Hero Award” that evening. | 那晚我给他颁发了”英雄奖” |
[10:36] | We chatted briefly afterward, | 之后我们短暂地聊了会儿天 |
[10:38] | but he left early, | 但是他早早离场了 |
[10:39] | Said he had to be up at the clinic the next day. | 说自己第二天得去诊所 |
[10:41] | And before that… | 而在那之前… |
[10:44] | Several years. | 我们有好几年没联系过了 |
[10:46] | We were all really close in high school, | 高中的时候我们非常亲密 |
[10:48] | but, | 但是 |
[10:50] | you know things change. | 世事无常 |
[10:53] | Can you think of a reason why the date “June 10, 2005” | 你知道为什么”2005年6月10日” |
[10:57] | would mean anything special to Tyler? | 对泰勒而言很特殊吗 |
[11:00] | No. | 不知道 |
[11:02] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[11:05] | Thank you for your time, Mr. Pilsen. | 谢谢您花时间 皮尔森先生 |
[11:07] | And, again, I’m so sorry for your loss. | 再次向你表达我的遗憾 |
[11:15] | What was that about? That date? | 那是怎么回事 那个日期 |
[11:16] | The guy practically turned white. | 那家伙的脸一下子就白了 |
[11:18] | Yes, he did, didn’t he? | 是啊 的确 可不是嘛 |
[11:20] | Do you have a mirror on you? | 你身上有带镜子吗 |
[11:22] | You know, one of those — what do you call them — | 就是那种 你们管它们叫什么来着 |
[11:24] | Compacts. For makeup. | 粉盒 用来化妆的 |
[11:27] | No, of course not. | 没有 当然没有了 |
[11:31] | H-henry… | 亨…亨利 |
[11:33] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[11:36] | Look at the photo. | 看看这照片 |
[11:37] | Top right-hand corner. | 右上角 |
[11:39] | The date stamp. | 那个日期戳 |
[11:41] | Now… | 现在… |
[11:43] | Hold this card up to this mirror. | 拿着这张卡对着镜子 |
[11:51] | Tyler’s tattoo — June 10, 2005. | 泰勒的纹身 “2005年6月10日” |
[11:54] | It was a date he wanted to remember. | 这是个他希望记住的日子 |
[11:57] | Or he wouldn’t let himself forget. | 或者他不想让自己忘记的日子 |
[12:03] | It was the day he graduated from Hamilton. | 那是他从汉密尔顿毕业的那天 |
[12:06] | Everything seemed perfect. | 一切看起来都如此完美 |
[12:08] | I think they all | 那天下午 |
[12:09] | left later that afternoon for Southampton, | 他们一起出发去南安普敦 |
[12:12] | to spend the summer. | 过暑假 |
[12:13] | The four of them were… inseparable. | 他们四个…形影不离 |
[12:17] | I think Tyler had a mad crush on Cassandra. | 我觉得泰勒疯狂地爱上了卡桑德拉 |
[12:20] | Though I believe it was Paul that she was dating. | 但我相信她当时是在和保罗约会 |
[12:24] | But Tyler didn’t stay with them on Long Island for long. | 但是泰勒没有和他们一起在长岛待很久 |
[12:28] | He was back in the city in a few weeks’ time. | 几周后他就回城里了 |
[12:30] | Why’d he leave early? | 他为什么走得这么早 |
[12:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:34] | But that’s really when the change in him began. | 但正是那时候他开始变了 |
[12:37] | This…Sadness. | 这种…悲伤 |
[12:40] | It’s also when he started refusing | 也是从那时开始 他开始拒绝 |
[12:41] | to take any money from us. | 问我们要钱 |
[12:44] | At the last second, | 在最后一刻 |
[12:45] | he chose to attend a state school over Harvard, | 他选择了一个州立大学 放弃了哈佛 |
[12:48] | to pay his own tuition. | 以便能自己支付学费 |
[12:50] | It’s admirable. | 真是令人敬佩 |
[12:52] | Of course, we… | 当然了 我们… |
[12:55] | admire Tyler for his choices, his… | 敬佩泰勒的选择 他… |
[12:59] | commitment to helping others. | 立志于帮助他人的决心 |
[13:01] | But we seem to have lost him, | 但是我们似乎从此 |
[13:04] | somehow, to all of it. | 失去了他 |
[13:10] | Wish you had a phone. | 真希望你有手机 |
[13:11] | Lab results came back for the substance | 奖杯上那东西的 |
[13:13] | that was on the award. | 检验结果出来了 |
[13:14] | 95% diesel gasoline | 有95%的汽油柴油 |
[13:16] | and almost 5% something called “supercetane.” | 还有将近5%的某种被称为”超级鲸蜡烷”的 |
[13:18] | Ah, a polycyclic hydrocarbon. | 是一种多环烃 |
[13:20] | – Right. – Yes. O-obviously. | -是的 -是的 显然的 |
[13:21] | It’s an additive in fuel engineered for small boats. | 是一些小船的引擎燃料中的添加剂 |
[13:24] | Well, less than 50 feet — relatively small. | 不足15米 相对较小的船 |
[13:27] | I’ve been on bigger. | 我坐过更大的 |
[13:28] | Have you? On a cruise? | 真的吗 游轮吗 |
[13:30] | Possibly romantic in tone? | 也许是蛮浪漫的那种吗 |
[13:33] | Still trying to crack the code. | 我还在试图解密呢 |
[13:34] | Okay, moving on. | 好吧 继续 |
[13:35] | Because my passion for my work has no bounds — | 因为我对我工作的热情无边 |
[13:38] | Well, very few bounds — I went over the body again, | 没什么边…我又检查了一遍尸体 |
[13:42] | and I found the smallest, really, just the tiniest, | 然后我找到了最小的 真的 非常小的 |
[13:44] | “kind of amazing that I found it” | “我能找到真是挺厉害的” |
[13:46] | piece of human hair. | 一点人的毛发 |
[13:48] | Not the victim’s. | 不是死者的 |
[13:52] | Lucas… | 卢卡斯 |
[13:55] | that’s excellent work. | 真是出色的工作啊 |
[13:56] | Have you — gotten the DNA signature? | 你找出DNA序列了吗 |
[13:58] | Yes. It’s from an adult Caucasian female. | 找出了 是一位成年白人女性的 |
[14:01] | That’s all we got so far. | 目前我们只掌握了这么多 |
[14:02] | It doesn’t match any of our databases. | 在我们数据库里没有匹配的 |
[14:04] | Contact the Hamilton school. | 联系一下汉密尔顿学院 |
[14:06] | They may keep DNA swabs of their students. | 他们也许留着学生的DNA药签 |
[14:08] | Some elite schools do | 一些精英学校会这样做的 |
[14:10] | as part of their abduction precautionary measures. | 作为绑架预防措施的一部分 |
[14:12] | We may find a match. | 我们说不定能找到匹配的 |
[14:13] | Right. | 没错 |
[14:14] | Wow, don’t think anybody at my high school | 我不觉得假如我在高中时被绑架了 |
[14:16] | would notice if I was abducted. | 学校里会有人知道 |
[14:18] | Well, look how far you’ve come. | 看看如今你多有长进 |
[14:23] | You’re now someone whose abduction… | 你如今是那种假如被绑架了… |
[14:27] | would be noticed. | 就一定会被注意到的人 |
[14:28] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:30] | It would. | 会的 |
[14:32] | Thanks, Doc. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[14:36] | How you doing, Jo? | 你怎么样 乔 |
[14:38] | All right. | 还行 |
[14:39] | You know, today we’re gonna talk to | 我们今天要和死者的 |
[14:40] | a few of the victim’s high-school friends. | 几个高中同学谈谈 |
[14:42] | I feel like they know more than they’re letting on. | 我觉得他们还有些内情没透露 |
[14:44] | Oh, that’s good. | 很好 |
[14:45] | But I wasn’t asking about the Forester case. | 但我要问的不是福雷斯特的案子 |
[14:47] | How you doing since the shooting? | 开枪后你觉得怎么样 |
[14:52] | My shooting. | 那次开枪之后 |
[14:54] | I-I-I’m fine. | 我…没事 |
[14:56] | Yeah, I mean, the guy was a bona fide psychopath. | 那人是个真正的精神病患者 |
[14:58] | So it’s not like he gave us any choice, right? | 所以没给我们选择的余地 |
[15:00] | I was a beat cop, a few months in, | 我当时还是个巡警 刚进来几个月 |
[15:03] | the first time I fired my weapon. | 第一次开枪 |
[15:04] | Two shots, guy dies. | 开了两枪 那人死了 |
[15:06] | Robbery in progress in a shoe store. | 当时他正在抢劫一个鞋店 |
[15:10] | Few weeks later, I’m on the street, | 几周后 我在街上巡逻 |
[15:11] | the dealer pulls a gun on me. | 那个经销商拔枪指着我 |
[15:13] | You know what happens? | 知道后来发生了什么事吗 |
[15:14] | You couldn’t draw your gun? | 你拔不出自己的枪 |
[15:17] | Bullet fever, right? | 子弹恐惧症 对吧 |
[15:18] | Look, Lieutenant, I know that that can happen, | 长官 我知道这事有可能发生 |
[15:21] | and I-I appreciate your concern, but… | 我很感激你的关心 但是 |
[15:24] | I’m okay. | 我真的没事 |
[15:26] | I didn’t freeze. I fired. | 其实我没愣住 反而开枪了 |
[15:28] | I shot him in the leg like I was trained to do. | 我打中了他的脚 正如受训时那样 |
[15:31] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[15:32] | Thing is, right around that time, though, every morning, | 重点是 那段时间的每天早上 |
[15:35] | I’m getting ready to go to work, | 在我准备去上班 |
[15:37] | I bend over to tie my shoes… | 弯下腰系鞋带时 |
[15:39] | I freeze… Laces in my hand. | 我都会愣住 手里拿着鞋带 |
[15:43] | It’s like a bad joke. | 就像是个冷笑话 |
[15:44] | Pop a guy in a shoe store, | 在鞋店朝人开了枪 |
[15:46] | got to start wearing slippers. | 以后只能开始穿拖鞋了 |
[15:49] | The point is, is that… | 重点是 |
[15:51] | I didn’t think that killing someone affected me, either. | 我认为杀一个人也不会对我有影响 |
[15:57] | Nothing stays buried, Jo. | 事情是不会被遗忘的 乔 |
[15:59] | It all comes up — one way or another. | 不管怎样它们总会再次出现 |
[16:09] | Thanks for coming in, Ms. Mueller. | 谢谢你能来一趟 米勒小姐 |
[16:10] | Of course. So… | 不客气 |
[16:13] | Have any leads? | 有线索了吗 |
[16:15] | We’re getting there. | 正在调查中 |
[16:17] | Had you seen Tyler recently? | 你最近有见过泰勒吗 |
[16:19] | Once or twice, briefly. | 一两次 时间都很短 |
[16:21] | We had grown apart somewhat over the years. | 我们已经分开多年了 |
[16:23] | Since the summer after you graduated high school in 2005? | 自从2005年夏天你高中毕业之后吗 |
[16:28] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[16:29] | So, you were telling us about Tyler that summer. | 你刚才在说泰勒在那年夏天的事 |
[16:32] | Just that… | 这么说吧 |
[16:34] | i-if you ask me, Tyler got all bummed out that summer | 如果你问我 泰勒那年夏天非常沮丧 |
[16:36] | because of me and Cass being together. | 那是因为我和卡斯在一起 |
[16:38] | He was totally in love with her. | 他当时深爱着她 |
[16:40] | Carter too, probably. | 卡特可能也是 |
[16:41] | There are two kinds of people in this world — | 这个世界上有两种人 |
[16:43] | those who look back and those who look forward. | 一种人是回首过去 另一种人是展望未来 |
[16:46] | I think Tyler looked back. | 我认为泰勒是前者 |
[16:49] | And Lord knows Paul does. | 没人知道保罗是哪种 |
[16:50] | But Cassandra and I are different. | 但是我和卡桑德拉不同 |
[16:53] | Cassandra’s special. There’s no one like her. | 卡桑德拉很独特 没人和她一样 |
[16:56] | We’ve all tried to help Paul. | 我们都设法帮助保罗 |
[16:59] | I know that a few years ago, | 我知道几年前 |
[17:02] | Tyler gave him a key to his place. | 泰勒把他住所的钥匙交给了他 |
[17:04] | The night he was killed, I was at home. | 他被杀当晚 我在家里 |
[17:06] | Just, you know, home. | 就是在家里 |
[17:08] | After the awards, I went back to my office. | 颁奖典礼结束后 我回到办公室 |
[17:11] | I had a ton of work to do. | 还有一堆工作要处理 |
[17:13] | Cassandra was there with me. | 卡桑德拉当时和我在一起 |
[17:14] | Actually, she’s one of the lawyers | 其实她是我带领的一个项目里的 |
[17:16] | on a deal I’m spearheading. | 其中一名律师 |
[17:17] | I went uptown to see Tyler a few weeks ago. | 几周前我去上城区见泰勒 |
[17:20] | I had been… missing him. | 我一直很想念他 |
[17:23] | I don’t think I told Carter or Paul about it, though. | 我想我没把这件事告诉过卡特或是保罗 |
[17:25] | They can both tend to get a little… | 他们俩很容易 |
[17:28] | jealous. | 嫉妒 |
[17:28] | Paul thought Cass had started seeing Tyler. | 保罗认为卡斯开始和泰勒交往 |
[17:30] | Like, dating. | 就是男女约会那种 |
[17:31] | He called me about it. | 他因此给我打了电话 |
[17:32] | This was a few days before Tyler was killed. | 那是泰勒遇害前几天的事了 |
[17:35] | But he was wrong. | 但是他想错了 |
[17:36] | And I-I told him so. | 我也是这么告诉他的 |
[17:38] | Why do you think Tyler had “6-10-05” tattooed | 你觉得泰勒为什么在胸前 |
[17:43] | in reverse across his chest? | 纹上反向的6-10-05 |
[17:46] | No clue. | 毫无头绪 |
[17:48] | You’d have to ask Tyler. | 那你就得问泰勒了 |
[17:52] | Paul was right | 保罗是对的 |
[17:52] | about Cassandra having started to see Tyler again. | 卡桑德拉的确是再次和泰勒交往 |
[17:55] | The necklace she was wearing | 她戴着的那条项链 |
[17:57] | is the one with the triangle charm on it, | 就是镶有三角形宝石的那条 |
[17:59] | It’s the other half of the one | 那就是我们在泰勒公寓里 |
[18:00] | we found at Tyler’s apartment. | 找到的项链的另一半 |
[18:01] | But she’s clearly romantically involved with Carter, as well. | 但是很明显 她当时也和卡特在交往 |
[18:05] | There’s a gift-wrapped box of perfume at Carter’s — Chanel. | 卡特的桌上有一个包着香奈儿香水的礼盒 |
[18:09] | It was a present for Cassandra. | 那是送给卡桑德拉的礼物 |
[18:11] | It’s the scent that she wears. | 她身上的香水正是那种气味 |
[18:12] | I detected it when we were with her. | 我们和她谈话时 我闻到了 |
[18:14] | Hm, fond of Chanel, are we? | 看来我们都喜欢香奈儿嘛 |
[18:17] | But it’s clear that Paul still carries a torch for Cassandra, | 但是显然保罗仍然单恋着卡桑德拉 |
[18:20] | which is why she was hiding | 所以她一直对他隐瞒着 |
[18:21] | her relationship with Tyler and Carter from him. | 自己与泰勒以及卡特的关系 |
[18:23] | Man, this girl is something, huh? | 这姑娘太有手段了 |
[18:25] | A most tangled web, indeed. | 这关系的确是交织不清 |
[18:27] | Hey. I got that phone working, | 我把手机修复好了 |
[18:29] | the one you pulled from the Forester apartment. | 就是你们从福雷斯特公寓里拿来的那台 |
[18:31] | Oh, anything interesting on it? | 有什么发现吗 |
[18:32] | Yeah. | 有 |
[18:43] | This is for Mr. and Mrs. Meachum. | 这是为米基姆夫妇准备的 |
[18:45] | My name is Tyler Forester, and I… | 我叫泰勒·福雷斯特 |
[18:51] | I don’t know how to say this. | 我不知道该如何开口 |
[18:53] | It has to do with what happened to your son. | 这和发生在你们儿子身上的事有关 |
[18:55] | It’s something that I — that we | 是一件我…我们 |
[18:59] | need to — | 需要… |
[19:05] | What the hell are you doing, Tyler? | 你在干什么 泰勒 |
[19:13] | We don’t bring up the video. | 我们不要提视频的事 |
[19:14] | We just ask him nicely | 我们就好好地请他 |
[19:16] | to come down to the station and talk some more. | 跟我们去一趟警局再问些问题 |
[19:18] | Hopefully by then, | 希望到时候 |
[19:19] | Reece will have some information | 里斯能查到泰勒在视频里 |
[19:20] | on these Meachum people Tyler brought up in the video. | 提到的叫米基姆的人的信息 |
[19:22] | “Ask nicely,” yes. | “好好地请” 好的 |
[19:24] | Shall I handle that part? | 这部分我来负责吗 |
[19:29] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[19:31] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[19:34] | Paul! | 保罗 |
[19:38] | He’s overdosed. | 他注射过量了 |
[19:39] | Body temperature’s spiked. He’s not breathing. | 体温在上升 没有呼吸了 |
[19:41] | – Help me up! – Yep. | -帮我一把 -好的 |
[19:43] | Paul! | 保罗 |
[19:48] | This is Detective Jo Martinez. | 我是乔·马丁内兹警探 |
[19:49] | I need an ambulance. | 我需要一辆救护车 |
[19:51] | Coffee grounds, white sugar… | 咖啡渣 白糖 |
[19:53] | baking soda! Yes! | 小苏打 就是你了 |
[19:54] | Yeah, 3127 Avenue C, Apartment 3C. | 是的 C大道3127号 房间3C |
[19:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:00] | Leftover Chinese food, mustard. | 吃剩的中餐 芥末 |
[20:02] | Sour milk! | 酸牛奶 |
[20:08] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[20:08] | Paul, drink this! | 保罗 喝了这个 |
[20:09] | Paul, can you hear me?! | 保罗 听得到我说话吗 |
[20:21] | Sour milk and baking soda. | 酸牛奶加小苏打 |
[20:22] | An old technique to induce vomiting. | 古老的催吐剂 |
[20:25] | How did you know to do that? | 你怎么知道要这么做的 |
[20:26] | You know, you live long enough, | 只要活得够长 |
[20:28] | you learn a thing or two. | 总能学上个一两招 |
[20:34] | Paul didn’t strike me as much of a hiking enthusiast. | 我不觉得保罗像是登山爱好者 |
[20:37] | How about you? | 你怎么看 |
[20:40] | EMT says that he won’t be able to answer any questions | 医护人员说明早之前他都没法 |
[20:42] | until tomorrow morning. | 回答任何问题 |
[20:44] | He may have recently visited the trail | 他最近可能去了一趟 |
[20:46] | earmarked in this book. | 这本书里写的登山路线 |
[20:48] | The mud on his boots is fresh and sandy, | 他靴子上的泥土很新鲜 还有沙子 |
[20:51] | and is similar to the soil found in this trail. | 和那条路线上的泥土一样 |
[20:54] | But there’s nothing related to the name “Robert Meachum.” | 但是仍然找不到和罗伯特·米基姆相关的东西 |
[20:57] | Well, thanks to you, | 多亏有你在 |
[20:59] | we still have a shot at Paul filling us in. | 我们还能有希望从保罗口中问出点什么 |
[21:03] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[21:05] | Did you ever think of becoming a real doctor? | 你有没有想过去做个真正的医生 |
[21:10] | Actually, I am a real doctor, | 实际上 我就是个真正的医生 |
[21:13] | and will try not to be offended on behalf of | 并且作为全国各地的法医兄弟会的代表 |
[21:15] | the brotherhood of medical examiners the world over. | 会努力不受到世人的冒犯 |
[21:21] | The answer to your question… | 你的问题的答案是 |
[21:22] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:23] | I was a physician for a time. | 我曾经是个医生 |
[21:26] | Years ago. | 很多年前了 |
[21:28] | So why did you stop? | 那你为什么不干了 |
[21:32] | It was time for a change. | 正好做个改变 |
[21:38] | Game Five of the World Series at Yankee Stadium. | 在洋基球场举办的世界职业棒球大赛的第五场 |
[21:42] | Look what happens when you lose a bet and don’t pay! | 让你尝尝赌输了后还赖账的下场 |
[21:44] | – Please don’t hurt me! – No more excuses! | -不要伤害我 -别再找借口了 |
[21:46] | Look, I need a few more days! | 听着 再宽限几天 |
[21:47] | – Pay me! – Please, just — | -付钱 -求你了 就… |
[21:52] | No! | 不 |
[21:55] | Get the hell out of here! | 快给我滚 |
[21:56] | Look, please. | 求你了 |
[21:58] | Please… | 求你了 |
[21:59] | I’m a doctor. | 我是一个医生 |
[22:02] | You’re also a witness. | 你也是个目击者 |
[22:08] | Henry, Reece got a line on the Meachums — | 亨利 里斯查到米基姆夫妇了 |
[22:11] | A doctor and his wife living on Long Island, | 是一个医生 和他妻子住在长岛 |
[22:14] | little town called “Manorville.” | 一个叫马诺维尔的小镇子里 |
[22:16] | Their son, Robert Meachum, | 他们的儿子 罗伯特·米基姆 |
[22:18] | was reported missing June 12, 2005. | 在2005年7月12日被报失踪 |
[22:21] | He was 17. | 当时17岁 |
[22:22] | Two days after the tattoo date. | 那是纹身日期的两天以后 |
[22:25] | And Manorville just happens to be down the road from — | 马诺维尔刚好在去某个地方的路上 |
[22:27] | Let me guess — Southampton. | 我猜猜 南安普顿 |
[22:29] | Yep. As a matter of fact, | 没错 实际上 |
[22:31] | Robert Meachum was never found. | 后来再也没找到罗伯特·米基姆 |
[22:33] | He was presumed dead. And there’s more. | 他被推测已经死亡 还有 |
[22:36] | I got a judge to issue a warrant | 我让一个法官签署了 |
[22:37] | for Paul’s credit-card records. | 对保罗的信用卡账单的搜查令 |
[22:40] | They show that Paul bought a tank of gas in Manorville | 记录显示追悼会第二天早上五点 |
[22:43] | at 5:00 A.M. the morning after the memorial. | 保罗在马诺维尔买了一桶汽油 |
[22:46] | That’s a pretty early start for a guy like that, hmm? | 对于这种人来说是不是起得太早了 |
[22:48] | Or a late finish. | 也可能是前一晚熬到那时候了 |
[22:52] | So, I checked. | 我查过了 |
[22:53] | This place is nowhere near the house Paul’s family owns. | 这地方离保罗家的房子都很远 |
[22:56] | They’re beachfront, naturally. | 这里是天然的海滨地区 |
[22:58] | What is it about him and the others | 他和别的那些人出身富贵这件事 |
[22:59] | being from wealthy families that bothers you so much? | 就这么让你耿耿于怀吗 |
[23:03] | None of us can choose our parents, can we? | 我们没法选择自己的出身 对吗 |
[23:07] | When I was 11, I got this scholarship | 我11岁时 收到了一所 |
[23:09] | to a fancy, private school in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿的高级私人学校的奖学金 |
[23:11] | So I started there in the fall. | 于是秋季学期我就去了那边 |
[23:13] | And the kids were smart and sophisticated | 那的孩子既聪明又成熟 |
[23:16] | just like I’d hoped. | 正如我所期待的 |
[23:18] | They were also… | 同时他们也非常 |
[23:20] | vicious. | 恶毒 |
[23:21] | Three weeks in, this little blonde, | 三个礼拜不到 有个金发小姑娘 |
[23:23] | she pushes me when I’m on the stairs. | 在我走楼梯时把我推下去了 |
[23:26] | I fell. I broke my wrist. | 我摔在地上 折断了手腕 |
[23:28] | Bunch of kids saw the whole thing, wouldn’t say a thing. | 一大群孩子都看见了 却没人站出来 |
[23:31] | Well, I was back to my old school | 圣诞节前我就转回 |
[23:32] | by Christmas, and good riddance. | 原来的学校了 还好摆脱了他们 |
[23:33] | Kids can be that way sometimes. | 小孩子有时候就会这样 |
[23:36] | Doesn’t mean that they’ll grow up to be — | 这不代表他们长大后会变成… |
[23:37] | Killers? No, of course not. | 杀手吗 当然不会 |
[23:39] | Unless they kill someone. | 除非他们杀了人 |
[23:45] | Do you know where I can find the owner? | 你知道这儿的主人在哪吗 |
[23:47] | You’re looking at him. | 近在眼前 |
[23:49] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要帮助的吗 |
[23:51] | Your gas pumps, | 你的油泵 |
[23:53] | do you have any security cameras trained on them? | 你有没有给它们安装摄像头 |
[23:56] | Uh, yeah. | 有啊 |
[23:57] | Right here. | 这边 |
[24:00] | I haven’t worked the graveyard shift since I bought the place, | 我买下这地方后就没上过夜班 |
[24:02] | but, uh, this should have everything you’re looking for. | 但是这里应该有你们要找的 |
[24:08] | He’s wearing the same boots we saw in his apartment. | 他穿的是我们在他房间看到的那双靴子 |
[24:11] | Is there anything in the direction | 有什么东西在 |
[24:12] | the guy with the bag is walking? | 那个背包男走去的方向吗 |
[24:14] | Just a dumpster. | 只有一个垃圾桶 |
[24:35] | Burying evidence? | 掩藏证据 |
[24:37] | Or digging it up. | 或者是挖出来 |
[24:44] | We’ll move slowly. | 我们慢慢前进 |
[24:45] | Everyone’s eyes should stay at a specific vector — | 每个人在小径的两边 |
[24:48] | angle — on either side of the trail. | 注意一个特定的矢量…角度 |
[24:51] | We’re looking for a grave, | 我们在找一个坟墓 |
[24:53] | possibly one recently dug or dug up. | 可能是一个新坟或者新被掘的坟 |
[24:55] | Watch for aberrant soil variations | 要特别注意异常的土壤变化和 |
[24:57] | and grade anomalies. Thank you. | 层次异常情况 谢谢 |
[25:01] | How do you know all this stuff? | 你是怎么知道这些的 |
[25:03] | I used to be a grave digger. | 我曾经是个掘墓人 |
[25:05] | Right. How could I forget? | 对啊 我怎么把这给忘了 |
[25:09] | I got to ask you — did you enjoy it? | 那我得问问 你喜欢那份工作吗 |
[25:13] | Found it rewarding. | 我觉得蛮值得的 |
[25:23] | There! | 在那 |
[25:24] | Hold up! | 停下 |
[25:31] | For a young tree — I’d say only around 10 years old — | 对于一棵树龄约为10岁 |
[25:34] | to be growing so robustly | 在这棵古树的阴影下生长 |
[25:36] | underneath the canopy of this old grove | 却能长得如此茂盛的小树来看 |
[25:38] | suggests it’s being uniquely fertilized. | 这只能说明它有特殊的肥料 |
[25:41] | By human remains. | 人体残骸 |
[25:42] | Decomposition provides what amounts to alocalized | 腐烂物提供了积累到一定程度 |
[25:45] | nitrate fuel-injection to the soil. | 就能给局部土壤注入硝酸盐的成分 |
[25:47] | You see, our questioning led them | 我们的询问让他们 |
[25:48] | to surmise that Tyler’s tattoo would | 猜测到泰勒的纹身最终 |
[25:51] | eventually lead us to finding the grave, | 会指引我们找到这个坟墓 |
[25:52] | so they came back here, | 所以他们就回到这个 |
[25:55] | to where they buried the body nine years ago, | 九年前埋藏尸体的地方 |
[25:57] | to move it before we found it. | 想在我们发现之前把尸体移走 |
[25:59] | I think we got something here. | 这里有发现 |
[26:03] | But I don’t think they succeeded. | 但是看来他们失败了 |
[26:12] | But we have. | 而我们成功了 |
[26:15] | I believe these are the remains of Robert Meachum. | 我认为这些就是罗伯特·米基姆的残骸 |
[26:22] | So, you think they went out there | 所以你觉得他们到那里 |
[26:23] | to move the body and couldn’t find it? | 想移走尸体但却找不到位置 |
[26:26] | It’s not so surprising, really. | 其实这也很正常 |
[26:28] | It had been nine years. | 都过去九年了 |
[26:30] | And my sense is that | 而且我觉得 |
[26:31] | they’ve all been doing their best | 他们很努力地 |
[26:33] | to forget it ever happened. | 想要忘记曾经发生过什么 |
[26:34] | All of them except Tyler, that is. | 当然除却泰勒 |
[26:37] | I think it just became too much for him, | 我想时刻保守着秘密 |
[26:39] | carrying that secret around. | 这对他来说一定太沉重了 |
[26:43] | Well, uh, we all have our secrets, don’t we? | 我们每个人都有秘密 对吧 |
[26:45] | Have a nice day. | 祝你度过愉快的一天 |
[26:49] | What’s yours? | 你有什么秘密 |
[26:50] | Your biggest secret? | 你最大的秘密是什么 |
[26:52] | Well, if I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore, would it? | 如果我告诉你 那就不叫秘密了吧 |
[26:55] | Well, okay. Fine. | 也对 好吧 |
[26:56] | You don’t have to tell me. | 你不用告诉我 |
[26:58] | Of course, you do know mine, so… | 你明显知道我的秘密了 所以… |
[27:01] | No judgments. | 不许评价我 |
[27:03] | And don’t give me that | 也别跟我说 |
[27:04] | “I’m the least judgmental person you’ll ever meet” crap. | “我是你见过的最不妄下评论的人”这种废话 |
[27:06] | No judgments. | 不予评论 |
[27:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:12] | When I first opened this place, um — | 当初我开店的时候 |
[27:14] | now, remember, you weren’t around at the time — | 记住啊 那个时候你不在 |
[27:17] | I sold a piece I knew was fake. | 我卖了一个假货 |
[27:20] | For quite a sum. | 而且卖了个好价钱 |
[27:21] | I put all my savings into opening this place. | 我当时把我的积蓄都投在这个店里了 |
[27:23] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[27:25] | I hadn’t sold a thing. | 我当时什么都没卖出去 |
[27:27] | I was behind on my rent, on everything, and, uh, | 我欠着房租等等费用 然后… |
[27:30] | well… I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[27:33] | I looked the customer right in the eye… | 我直视着客人的眼睛… |
[27:37] | and I lied. | 但是我撒谎了 |
[27:38] | I-I’m not proud of it. | 我对此一点都不感到骄傲 |
[27:39] | But you know, at the time, | 但是要知道 在那个时候 |
[27:42] | it felt like — it felt like… | 我感觉… |
[27:44] | …it was them or me. | 要么卖要么留 |
[27:46] | So… | 所以… |
[27:51] | Well, it’s just something I’ll have to live with. | 这就是我要背负的罪恶感 |
[28:06] | I’m gonna put my hands on the wound, | 我会用手压着你的伤口 |
[28:07] | stop the bleeding. | 阻止流血 |
[28:11] | Don’t let me die, doc. | 救救我 医生 |
[28:17] | – I heard a gunshot. – Yeah. I think someone’s hurt. | -我听到枪声了 -我想有人受伤了 |
[28:23] | I’m sorry! | 我很抱歉 |
[28:24] | – Right here! Over here! – I’m sorry. | -在这 就在这 -我很抱歉 |
[28:30] | Somebody talk to me. What do we got? | 跟我说说怎么回事 这里什么情况 |
[28:32] | Heard a gunshot. Not clear. | 我听到一声枪响 具体情况不明 |
[28:35] | There’s another guy. | 那里还有一个 |
[28:38] | I saw him over there. | 我刚看到他在那 |
[28:59] | The bones have been DNA-tested, | 我们检测了尸骨的DNA |
[29:01] | and are confirmed to be those of Robert Meachum. | 并确认了这是罗伯特·米基姆的尸体 |
[29:03] | And soil samples from the site | 而犯罪现场的土质样本中 |
[29:05] | contain traces of DNA from Paul Gould, | 也有保罗·古尔德 |
[29:08] | Carter Pilsen, and Cassandra Mueller. | 卡特·皮尔森和卡桑德拉·米勒的DNA |
[29:10] | How were the samples matched? | 这些样本的参照物是什么 |
[29:12] | Through their old high school. | 从他们高中拿到的 |
[29:13] | They did DNA swabs as a part of abduction precautions. | 他们做了DNA取样以防绑架事件 |
[29:17] | You guys would, you know, | 如果我被绑架了 |
[29:20] | notice if I was abducted, right? | 你们会发现的 对吧 |
[29:22] | I’ve already told him that we would be, | 我已经告诉他如果我们不太忙的话 |
[29:24] | if it wasn’t too busy. | 我们会发现的 |
[29:27] | The school swabs are also how we definitively matched the hair | 学校样本也让我们确定了 |
[29:30] | that Lucas found on Tyler’s body to Cassandra, | 卢卡斯在泰勒体内找到的头发是卡桑德拉的 |
[29:32] | putting her at the murder. | 所以她当时也在案发现场 |
[29:34] | Furthermore, analysis of Meachum’s bones | 另外 通过研究米基姆的骨头发现 |
[29:37] | reveal injuries consistent with his having been hit by a car. | 他身上的伤是因为被车撞到 |
[29:41] | Front bumper, to be exact. | 准确来说 是被保险杠撞到的 |
[29:43] | Most like a 2005 XJ sedan. | 很像2005 XJ型轿车 |
[29:45] | How could you possibly know that? | 你这又是怎么知道的 |
[29:47] | Because, again, due to the bone fractures, | 因为通过骨头损伤可知 |
[29:50] | the bumper was likely to be 22 to 25 inches off the ground, | 保险杠离地约56至63.5厘米 |
[29:53] | and the ’05 XJ sedan is 23.6 inches. | 而05年的XJ轿车保险杠高度为60厘米 |
[30:00] | I have a thing about Jaguars. | 我很喜欢捷豹车 |
[30:02] | And the date-stamped graduation photo | 而且在他们标有日期的毕业照上 |
[30:05] | has the four of them sitting on a 2005 XJ sedan, | 他们四个人坐在一辆2005年的XJ轿车 |
[30:09] | New York plates, registered to Cassandra Mueller. | 纽约牌照 注册在卡桑德拉·米勒名下 |
[30:12] | Probably a graduation gift. | 大概是毕业礼物 |
[30:14] | Spoiled. | 宠坏了 |
[30:15] | No, more like “Guilty.” | 比较像”愧疚” |
[30:17] | So, they killed Meachum, | 所以他们杀了米基姆 |
[30:18] | and then they killed Tyler because he was gonna confess. | 然后杀了泰勒 因为他要坦白这一切 |
[30:21] | Okay. Bring them in. | 行了 带他们来 |
[30:24] | And make sure each of them knows the other is there — | 确保他们知道彼此都在 |
[30:26] | and talking. | 才能开口 |
[30:47] | You killed her — all three of you. | 你们杀了她 你们三个人一起 |
[30:49] | No! That’s not true. | 不 并不属实 |
[30:51] | Stop it, Carter! | 够了 卡特 |
[30:53] | We have footage of you and Paul at the gas station. | 我们有你和保罗在加油站的录像 |
[30:57] | You’re holding the shovel. | 你当时手拿铁锹 |
[30:59] | Which we found in the dumpster. | 然后我们搜了垃圾箱 |
[31:01] | It’s your DNA in the soil at the grave. | 埋尸体的土壤里也有你的DNA |
[31:04] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[31:06] | Look, just… do yourself a favor. | 就当帮你自己一个忙 |
[31:09] | Tell me what happened that night. | 告诉我那晚究竟发生了什么 |
[31:15] | We hit him… | 我们撞了他 |
[31:17] | the kid. | 那个孩子 |
[31:18] | We were drunk, driving home from a party. | 我们当时都醉了 从派对开车回家 |
[31:22] | No one saw the kid. | 没人看到那有孩子 |
[31:26] | Come on, Cass! | 来呀 卡斯 |
[31:27] | I dare you! | 我赌你不敢 |
[31:31] | Come on, you know you want to do it. | 来嘛 你知道自己想的 |
[31:32] | Don’t do it, dude. I’ll kill you. | 别这样 哥们 我宰了你啊 |
[31:39] | If you want to be with him, then… | 你要是想和他在一起… |
[31:44] | Okay. Okay. Enough. Enough. Enough. | 好了 够了 够了 |
[31:47] | Watch out! | 小心 |
[31:52] | Paul was driving. | 保罗当时在开车 |
[31:53] | Carter said I was driving? | 卡特说是我开的车 |
[31:55] | Paul said you were the one driving, | 保罗说是你开的车 |
[31:57] | which means you’ll get the most time. | 说明你的量刑会最重 |
[31:59] | Which is probably why you went to see Tyler that night | 也许这就是为什么你会在那晚去见泰勒 |
[32:02] | about confessing, isn’t it? | 谈谈坦白的事 是不是 |
[32:04] | I was with Carter that night. | 那晚我和卡特在一起 |
[32:07] | I didn’t kill Tyler. | 我没有杀泰勒 |
[32:08] | Cassandra couldn’t have done it. | 卡桑德拉做不到 |
[32:10] | She was with me that night. | 她那晚和我在一起 |
[32:11] | You can check my firm’s doorman. | 你可以去问我公司的门卫 |
[32:13] | I begged Tyler not to send that video to anyone, | 我求泰勒不要把录像给任何人看 |
[32:16] | but he made up his mind. | 但他死了心就要去做 |
[32:18] | I only told Cassandra about it. | 我只和卡桑德拉说了这件事 |
[32:21] | I knew she’d be the only one who could stop him. | 她是唯一可以阻止他的人 |
[32:23] | Tyler wanted to go to the police. | 泰勒想去找警察自首 |
[32:27] | But I told them that… | 但我告诉他们… |
[32:31] | we had a choice to make, | 我们还有的选 |
[32:32] | that we had to choose ourselves… | 我们得为自己… |
[32:36] | our futures. | 选好未来 |
[32:37] | So, what you’re saying to me is that you killed Meachum, | 你是说你杀了米基姆 |
[32:41] | but you didn’t kill Tyler. | 但没有杀泰勒吗 |
[32:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:45] | We did hit that boy that night. | 我们那晚确实撞到了那个孩子 |
[32:47] | I wish we didn’t. | 我希望我们没有 |
[32:50] | But we did. | 但我们确实撞到了他 |
[32:52] | But I didn’t hurt Tyler. | 但我并没有伤害泰勒 |
[32:56] | I could never do that. | 我永远都不可能伤害他 |
[32:59] | Do you believe her? | 你相信她吗 |
[33:01] | I believe she loved Tyler. | 我相信她爱着泰勒 |
[33:03] | Doesn’t mean she didn’t kill him. | 不代表不会杀了他 |
[33:04] | No, it doesn’t. | 是不代表 |
[33:06] | Well, it’s not like anybody can say she didn’t have it in her. | 她也不是什么善人 |
[33:08] | She just admitted to killing Robert Meachum. | 这不刚刚才承认杀了罗伯特·米基姆 |
[33:12] | And, of course, Dr. And Mrs. Meachum, | 当然米基姆医生和夫人 |
[33:14] | I can have Robert’s remains forwarded directly | 我可以将罗伯特的遗体 |
[33:17] | to the funeral home in Manorville. | 直接运到马诺维尔的丧礼 |
[33:19] | Yes, I… | 当然 |
[33:21] | I suppose that would be best. | 我想这是最好的做法了 |
[33:26] | And, so you know, we have the three in custody. | 跟您说一下 我们把三名嫌疑人拘留了 |
[33:30] | They’ll be officially charged later today. | 今天晚些时候 他们就会被正式起诉 |
[33:33] | I told Bobby I didn’t want him walking to that gas station | 我跟鲍比说我不让他那么晚 |
[33:35] | in the middle of the night. | 还走到加油站去 |
[33:37] | I told him. | 我跟他说了 |
[33:50] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[33:52] | Do you mind, awfully, If we | 您介不介意 让我们… |
[33:53] | hold onto this for a little while longer? | 再多保留一阵时间遗体 |
[33:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:57] | No… | 不 |
[34:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:04] | I think we resigned ourself | 我想我们还是 |
[34:05] | to never really knowing what happened to Bobby. | 永远都不知道鲍比最后变成什么样 |
[34:07] | It’s, um… | 这样… |
[34:09] | It’s better this way. | 比较好 |
[34:12] | Henry, would you just slow down? | 亨利 你能不能慢一点 |
[34:14] | Use your words. What do you need? | 张嘴说话 你要什么 |
[34:16] | – Where’s Tyler’s case file? – Wh– | -泰勒的案宗哪去了 -什… |
[34:17] | Good lord. How do you find anything? | 老天爷啊 你怎么找东西 |
[34:20] | Here. Here. | 这呢 这 |
[34:22] | Here it is. | 找到了 |
[34:24] | Alicorn International. | 天角兽国际 |
[34:26] | Tyler’s father mentioned | 泰勒的父亲提到过 |
[34:27] | that he donated to charities that he’d never even heard of. | 他给从没听过的慈善机构捐过款 |
[34:30] | Well, here’s the list. | 就在这单子里 |
[34:31] | I was looking at it the other day. | 我那天看到了 |
[34:33] | There’s one charity here, Alicorn International. | 这个慈善机构 天角兽国际 |
[34:36] | Address — 1342 route 27, Manorville, New York. | 地址纽约马诺维尔 1342路27号 |
[34:40] | Isn’t that the same address as — | 这不是和… |
[34:42] | The station that Tyler and the rest stopped after the accident. | 泰勒和其他人在事故后停留的加油站一个地址 |
[34:45] | Also… | 而且… |
[34:47] | where Robert Meachum worked. | 也是罗伯特·米基姆工作过的地方 |
[34:56] | Look. | 看 |
[34:57] | Same as on the murder weapon. | 和凶器上的一样 |
[34:59] | And white gravel. Same as Tyler’s apartment. | 白碎石 和泰勒公寓里的一样 |
[35:07] | If it isn’t New York’s finest. | 这简直是纽约最炫 |
[35:09] | I heard you guys found that Meachum kid’s body. | 听说你们找到了米基姆的尸体 |
[35:11] | Glad I could help. | 很高兴我帮上了忙 |
[35:12] | Yes, thanks. | 没错 谢谢 |
[35:13] | How long have you worked here, mister…? | 你在这工作了多久 先生… |
[35:15] | Morris. | 莫里斯 |
[35:17] | Since I was a kid. | 从小就在这了 |
[35:19] | Bought the place five years ago. | 五年前买了下来 |
[35:21] | So, you were the one that changed the name of the station. | 是你改了加油站的站名 |
[35:23] | Yeah. Used to be called “Alicorn Gas.” | 对 原来叫”天角兽加油站” |
[35:26] | Alicorn? | 天角兽 |
[35:29] | A winged unicorn. | 有翅膀的独角兽 |
[35:31] | Stupid, right? | 蠢吧 |
[35:32] | So, I changed it. | 所以我给它改了 |
[35:34] | Tell me, Mr. Morris, were you working here | 请告诉我莫里斯先生米基姆失踪的那晚 |
[35:35] | the night that robert Meachum disappeared? | 你是否在这里工作 |
[35:38] | That was like… 10 years ago. | 那都是十年前的事了 |
[35:41] | I don’t know. Why? | 我忘了 怎么了 |
[35:45] | Can we take a look at your bank records? | 我们能不能查看你的银行记录 |
[35:48] | I’m not with the I.R.S., obviously. | 虽然我们不是税务局的 |
[35:51] | It’s pertaining to a murder in New York. | 这是有关纽约的一场凶杀案 |
[35:54] | In the city? | 市里的吗 |
[35:56] | What, is this…about that Meachum thing? | 关于那个米基姆的吗 |
[35:58] | – Yes. – Hey, you know what? | -没错 -要我说 |
[36:01] | It’s fine. I got nothing to hide. | 看呗 我又没什么可隐瞒的 |
[36:04] | Be right back here. I’ll get them. | 马上就给你们拿来 |
[36:15] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[36:17] | Go! I’ll be fine! | 追 我没事 |
[36:44] | Drop your weapon! | 放下枪 |
[36:46] | Drop your weapon now! | 马上放下枪 |
[36:51] | Bullet fever, right? | 子弹恐惧症 |
[36:52] | Look, lieutenant, I know that that can happen… | 长官 我知道有可能发生… |
[36:57] | No. | 不 |
[37:00] | You drop your weapon. | 你把枪放下 |
[37:06] | It’s those rich kids from the city who are the bad guys here, | 那些城里的富家子弟才是真正的坏人 |
[37:08] | not me. | 不是我 |
[37:09] | Yes. | 没错 |
[37:11] | We know what they did, Mr. Morris. | 我们知道他们做了什么 莫里斯先生 |
[37:14] | Like we know you were working here that night, | 我们也知道那晚你在这工作 |
[37:16] | the night they hit Meachum… | 他们撞了米基姆的那晚… |
[37:18] | That you knew what they had done. | 你也知道他们的所作所为 |
[37:20] | And when you found out that Tyler was wealthy, | 当你发现泰勒家很富有之后 |
[37:22] | you decided to blackmail him. | 你开始勒索他 |
[37:24] | Until he decided to confess. | 直到他决定坦白 |
[37:27] | Henry, stop! | 亨利 别动 |
[37:29] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[37:32] | Hey, it’s her or you, man. Your call. | 射她还是射你 你来选 |
[37:38] | – Me. Shoot me. – Henry, stop! | -我 射我 -亨利 别动 |
[37:45] | Drop your gun! Drop your gun! | 放下枪 放下你的枪 |
[37:46] | Drop it! | 放下 |
[37:48] | Roll over. | 翻过去 |
[37:52] | Fingers together! Interlace them! | 手放到一起 交叉 |
[38:00] | So, Tyler told Morris | 是泰勒告诉莫里斯 |
[38:02] | he wasn’t gonna pay him any more hush money, | 他不会再给他封口费了 |
[38:03] | and Morris went to his apartment after the awards ceremony | 然后莫里斯在颁奖礼后去了他的公寓 |
[38:06] | to threaten him and wound up killing him. | 威胁他 最后杀了他 |
[38:09] | And at the gas station out there, were you all right? | 在加油站外 你还好吗 |
[38:13] | Yeah. I-I was fine. | 我挺好的 |
[38:24] | Meet me here. | 到这来见我 |
[38:25] | 5:00. | 五点 |
[38:29] | I understand Tyler’s friends brought in their lawyers. | 我知道泰勒的朋友们都自带律师 |
[38:32] | Vehicular assault. | 一级汽车伤人 |
[38:34] | It’s not even manslaughter. | 连过失杀人都不算 |
[38:36] | They’ll do a few years. | 他们只会蹲几年 |
[38:38] | And the worst part is, I don’t think even one of them | 最糟的是我想他们几个 |
[38:41] | lost a moment’s sleep over what they did. | 没有一个人因为良心不安而失眠过 |
[38:43] | Yes, well, in the heat of any moment, | 在紧要关头 |
[38:45] | we all have an instinct for self-preservation. | 我们都有本能来保护自己 |
[38:48] | Yeah, but it’s the choices we make | 所以我们在紧要关头之后 |
[38:49] | after those moments that count, right? | 再做的决定才是真正的决定 是吗 |
[38:53] | You know, your self-preservation instinct seems non-existent. | 但你的自我保护本能似乎荡然无存 |
[38:57] | Henry, look at me. | 亨利 看着我 |
[38:59] | Don’t ever pull another stunt | 以后绝对不能再像 |
[39:01] | like you did at that gas station. | 在加油站那样逞英雄了 |
[39:03] | Understand? | 明白吗 |
[39:13] | Using your weapon has to be instinct, muscle memory. | 对武器的使用要像本能一样 肌肉记忆 |
[39:16] | Not a choice. | 而不是选择 |
[39:23] | We can train our bodies to forget. | 我们可以训练身体去忘记 |
[39:27] | But not our minds. | 但心里的记忆却抹除不去 |
[39:30] | And one thing living forever teaches you | 永生教会我的一点是 |
[39:31] | is that your past, your secrets, mark you always, | 无论你是否愿意 你的过去和秘密 |
[39:36] | like it or not. | 总会伴随你终身 |
[39:38] | My famous Thai-jungle curry. | 我最拿手的泰国丛林咖喱 |
[39:41] | It cures colds and bullet wounds. | 可以缓解寒冷医治枪伤 |
[39:44] | Oh, um, I-it — it’s hot, so, uh, j-just give it a second. | 很烫 可以等等再吃 |
[39:52] | Henry, the other day, | 亨利 记得那天 |
[39:53] | when you asked me about my biggest secret, | 你问我我最大的秘密是什么 |
[39:55] | uh, what I told you, uh, that wasn’t it. | 我告诉你的并不是 |
[39:58] | You know, when I was in, uh, Vietnam | 当我在越南的时候 |
[40:01] | and I was just a few weeks into my tour, | 才行军了几周 |
[40:03] | Uh, my platoon was out on patrol at night | 我那排人当晚巡逻 |
[40:06] | and we ran into an ambush. | 我们遇到了伏击 |
[40:08] | And I found myself alone… | 我落单了 |
[40:13] | scared as hell. | 吓得要死 |
[40:16] | And as the fight raged on, I, uh… | 当开始交火的时候 我… |
[40:19] | I just laid there on the ground, terrified, ’til it was over. | 只能趴在地上 恐惧的等着一切结束 |
[40:24] | I never told anyone. | 我从来没和任何人说过 |
[40:27] | But afterwards, | 可后来 |
[40:29] | I found out that three of our guys were killed. | 我才知道我们有三个战友牺牲了 |
[40:35] | As long as I live, I’ll always wonder | 只要我还活着一天 都会不停地想 |
[40:37] | if they might be alive if I had joined that fight. | 如果我也加入战斗 他们三个会不会就能活下来 |
[40:39] | Abe, you can’t blame yourself for that. | 亚伯 这事不能怪你 |
[40:43] | Sure I can. | 当然怪我 |
[40:48] | But don’t you see, Abigail? | 你不明白吗 阿比盖尔 |
[40:49] | I chose myself over him. | 我选择了我自己 而不是他 |
[40:52] | I might have been able to save the man, | 我本来可以救他的 |
[40:53] | but I chose not to risk being exposed. | 但我选择了不让自己曝露 |
[40:56] | Henry, darling, please. | 亨利 亲爱的 求你了 |
[40:57] | You’re being too hard on yourself. | 你对自己太过严苛了 |
[41:01] | I can no longer be a doctor | 我不能再当医生了 |
[41:03] | if I know that, if pressed, | 如果被报道出去了 |
[41:06] | I’ll break my oath. | 我会打破自己的誓言的 |
[41:07] | Henry, please. | 亨利 行了吧 |
[41:09] | You could no sooner not be a doctor than I c– | 你到时就做不了医生了 等我… |
[41:10] | Mom, Dad, I’m home. | 爸妈 我回来了 |
[41:13] | Wash up for dinner, Abe. | 洗手准备吃饭 亚伯 |
[41:18] | You did what you did not for yourself, but for us. | 你做了你该做的事 不是为了你 是为我们 |
[41:22] | For your family. | 为了你的家庭 |
[41:24] | You’ll get past this. You must. | 你会忘了的 你必须要忘记 |
[41:27] | Just give it time. | 让时间来解决 |
[41:30] | There are things for all of us | 在世上有些事对我们所有人来说 |
[41:32] | that even all the time in the world | 就算是时间 |
[41:34] | wouldn’t be able to erase. | 也无法抹去 |
[41:35] | Hey. Don’t let it get cold. | 别等它凉了 |
[41:40] | Oh, uh, fair warning, it’s a little spicy. | 贴心提示 有点辣 |
[41:47] | Oh, this is fantastic. What’s in it? | 味道好棒 放了什么 |
[41:50] | That’s a secret. | 那可是秘密 |