时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Darling, this isn’t the intimate engagement party | 亲爱的 不这可是你父亲说的 |
[00:19] | your father described. | 简约订婚派对 |
[00:20] | Dad doesn’t do intimate, Colin. | 爸爸的作风从不简约 科林 |
[00:22] | He already agreed to | 他已经答应 |
[00:23] | no wedding announcement in “The Times.” | 不在《泰晤士报》上登结婚启事了 |
[00:24] | Let him have this. | 由他去吧 |
[00:25] | But he’s spending so much money. | 不过这样他得花很多钱 |
[00:26] | It’s unnecessary. | 没有必要 |
[00:28] | Ostentation is not something that I’m accustomed to. | 我并不习惯铺张浪费 |
[00:33] | Look, I’m beginning to think the Devonshire Castle is a bad idea. | 我开始觉得我们不该在德文郡城堡结婚 |
[00:36] | You are a British Lord. | 你是英国勋爵 |
[00:38] | You have to get married in your family’s castle. | 你必须在你家族的城堡里结婚 |
[00:40] | I’m not a Lord. I’m a Viscount. | 我不是勋爵 我是子爵 |
[00:42] | And no law says we can’t elope. | 法律没规定我们不能私奔 |
[00:44] | Colin, I love you. | 科林 我爱你 |
[00:49] | And I’ve waited my whole life | 我一生一直在等着 |
[00:50] | to meet my prince — Viscount. | 遇见我的王子…子爵 |
[00:53] | Emily! | 艾米丽 |
[00:54] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[00:57] | That’s my girl. | 我的宝贝女儿 |
[00:58] | Sir. | 先生 |
[00:59] | Thank you again for hosting. | 再次感谢您为我们办订婚宴会 |
[01:01] | It’s going to be a charming affair. | 这会是场令人陶醉的订婚宴会 |
[01:04] | Aw, it’s nothing compared to the wedding. | 这完全无法跟你们的正式婚礼相比 |
[01:06] | Oh, we were just discussing that. | 我们刚才还在讨论 |
[01:07] | We’re not sure who’s more excited | 我们不知道是你还是我 |
[01:08] | about the castle, you or me. | 更期待与那座城堡相会 |
[01:10] | Yeah, well, my princess — | 是的 我公主的… |
[01:13] | her fairy tale, it ends in a castle. | 童话故事要在城堡里画上句点 |
[01:16] | You got that? | 知道吗 |
[01:17] | Absolutely, sir. | 当然知道 先生 |
[01:26] | Now, this is one well-dressed victim. | 这是个穿著讲究的被害人 |
[01:28] | Looks like something Henry might wear. | 这衣服挺像亨利会穿的那种西装 |
[01:29] | You gonna call him? | 你要打给他吗 |
[01:30] | Nah, it’s his day off. | 不 他今天休假 |
[01:34] | 英国护照 科林·卡文迪什子爵 | |
[01:36] | Victim’s a Brit. | 死者是英国人 |
[01:37] | Colin Cavendish, age 28, out of London. | 科林·卡文迪什 28岁 在伦敦出生 |
[01:40] | Says he’s a “Vis-count”? | 上面写他是”子爵” |
[01:42] | It’s a title, like royalty. | 是个头衔 王室的头衔 |
[01:45] | Well, we got a dead royal in Central Park. | 王室成员死在中央公园 |
[01:49] | You got to call him. | 你必须打给他了 |
[01:55] | Henry. Breakfast is getting cold. | 亨利 早餐要冷掉了 |
[02:00] | I’m gonna microwave it. | 我要拿去微波炉热了 |
[02:02] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不可以 |
[02:04] | You know how I feel. | 你知道我的感受 |
[02:06] | The microwave is to food | 微波炉跟食物的关系 |
[02:07] | what the cellphone is to conversation — | 就像手机跟对话的关系… |
[02:09] | it destroys the very thing it wishes to help! | 它会摧毁它要帮助的对象 |
[02:11] | Oh, calm down. We don’t even own a microwave. | 冷静 我们根本没有微波炉 |
[02:13] | Let’s just sit and have breakfast | 请坐下来跟我一起 |
[02:15] | like two civilized people, please. | 像两个文明人一样用早餐 |
[02:20] | Now, where are my obituaries? | 我的讣闻版呢 |
[02:23] | What Sunday morning would be complete | 没有你为了古董翻找死人的 |
[02:24] | without you scavenging the deceased for antiques? | 周日早晨总是不完整的 |
[02:28] | Scavenge? This is market research. | 什么翻找 我是在做市场调查 |
[02:31] | Okay, what do we have here? What do we have? | 看看上面有什么 都有些什么 |
[02:34] | “Dead travel agent. Laine Romero from Queens.” | “皇后区的旅行社代理莱恩·罗梅罗过世了” |
[02:37] | Must’ve picked up some nice tchotchkes on her travels. | 她在旅途中肯定会收藏一些不错的小玩意儿 |
[02:40] | I’m gonna circle that one till later. | 先圈起来再说 |
[02:41] | Okay, who else? | 好吧 还有谁 |
[02:46] | No. | 不是吧 |
[02:48] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[02:49] | Lyle Ames died. | 莱尔·埃姆斯过世了 |
[02:53] | The name sounds familiar, but I’m — | 名字听起来很熟悉 不过我… |
[02:55] | He was a friend of mine from ’57. | 他是我从1957年就认识的朋友 |
[03:00] | What a long time ago, huh? | 好久之前的事了 |
[03:03] | I taught him my best curse words, | 我教他我最厉害的骂人话 |
[03:05] | and he showed me my first nudie book. | 他是第一个给我看色情书的人 |
[03:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[03:09] | I haven’t thought about him in almost 60 years. | 我已经将近六十年没想过他了 |
[03:13] | He used to live down the block | 我们住在69街和第2街那间公寓时 |
[03:14] | when we had that apartment on 69th and 2nd. | 他住在那个街道的尽头 |
[03:16] | Remember that place? | 记得那个地方吗 |
[03:17] | Yes. | 记得 |
[03:19] | Those were good times with you and mom. | 那是跟你和妈妈在一起的美好时光 |
[03:26] | They were indeed. | 确实是 |
[03:30] | Who’s that? | 是谁 |
[03:33] | 9.00. | 早上九点 |
[03:35] | Now, the average murder victims | 谋杀案的死者通常都会在 |
[03:36] | are discovered between 8:00 and 8:30. | 8:00到8:30之间被发现 |
[03:38] | Jo and Hanson most likely just arrived at the scene. | 乔和汉森大概刚到达现场 |
[03:40] | – Hello, detective. – Hey, Henry. | -警官你好 -你好 亨利 |
[03:42] | I’m in Central Park. We’ve found one of yours. | 我在中央公园 我们找到了你的同类 |
[03:44] | Mine? | 我的 |
[03:45] | An aristocrat. | 一位贵族 |
[03:46] | It’s a courtesy call, | 我只是打来知会一声 |
[03:47] | but, well, we could always use your help. | 不过我们总是需要你的帮助的 |
[03:51] | Abe, do you mind…? | 亚伯 你介意… |
[03:52] | Go, catch a bad guy. | 去抓坏人吧 |
[03:56] | I’m on my way. | 我马上就到 |
[03:59] | Passport I.D.’s him as Viscount Colin Cavendish. | 护照上显示他是科林·卡文迪什子爵 |
[04:03] | He’s royalty. | 王室成员 |
[04:04] | Uh, the title of Viscount is that of a noble, | 子爵的头衔说明他是贵族 |
[04:07] | not a royal. | 不是王室 |
[04:08] | There is a difference. | 这是有区别的 |
[04:09] | Not in New York. | 在纽约没什么区别 |
[04:09] | 20 minutes I’m on hold with this embassy. | 我等大使馆的消息已经等了二十分钟了 |
[04:11] | Doc, doesn’t your country care | 医生 一位王室成员被杀 |
[04:13] | when one of your royals gets got? | 你们国家都不在乎的吗 |
[04:14] | Nobles. He’s a… | 贵族 他是个 |
[04:17] | Does no one understand | 就没有人明白 |
[04:17] | the difference between nobility and royalty? | 贵族和王室的区别吗 |
[04:20] | What? What’d he say? | 什么 他说什么呢 |
[04:23] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[04:27] | Hematoma to the back of the head. | 后脑勺有血肿 |
[04:30] | Multiple lacerations on the face | 面部多处伤口 |
[04:31] | indicates a possible struggle prior to death. | 表明死前可能有过挣扎 |
[04:35] | C.O.D. — incised wound to the carotid artery. | 死因是颈动脉的割伤 |
[04:40] | But this wasn’t done by a knife. | 但这不是由刀割所致 |
[04:42] | It’s too irregular. | 伤口非常不规则 |
[04:43] | Do we have a murder weapon? | 找到凶器了吗 |
[04:44] | No. And something is off here. | 没有 而且好像有点不对劲 |
[04:47] | An English noble takes a stroll through Central Park | 一位英国贵族深更半夜 |
[04:49] | in the middle of the night. | 在中央公园闲逛 |
[04:51] | Somebody stabs him to death, | 有人把他捅死了 |
[04:52] | but doesn’t take his wallet? | 却没拿走他的钱包 |
[04:53] | The story doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[04:55] | Well, neither does the history. | 历史上也说不通 |
[04:58] | In 1869, Queen Victoria | 1869年 维多利亚女王 |
[05:00] | revoked Lord Marcel Cavendish’s nobility | 撤销了马塞尔·卡文迪什勋爵的爵位 |
[05:02] | when he stabbed a man to death in a house of ill repute. | 因为他在妓院把一个男人活活捅死 |
[05:05] | Six months later, the former lord was killed in a duel. | 六个月后 这个前勋爵在一场决斗中被杀 |
[05:09] | In fact, the entire Cavendish family died out by 1881. | 事实上 卡文迪什家族在1881年就终结了 |
[05:12] | Mm, I thought you’d like this case. | 我就知道你会喜欢这个案子的 |
[05:15] | This man is neither a Viscount nor a Cavendish. | 这个人既不是子爵 也不是卡文迪什家的人 |
[05:19] | He’s an impostor. | 他是假冒的 |
[05:20] | Jo, get this — | 乔 听这个 |
[05:22] | British embassy’s got no record of nobility | 英国大使馆没有名叫科林·卡文迪什的 |
[05:24] | for anyone named Colin Cavendish. | 贵族的记录 |
[05:26] | The guy is a complete imp– | 这个人是假… |
[05:28] | Henry already figured this out, didn’t he? | 亨利已经弄明白了 是吗 |
[05:33] | We have two mysteries here, detectives. | 这里有两个疑点 警官们 |
[05:35] | Who is Colin Cavendish, | 谁是科林·卡文迪什 |
[05:37] | and who wanted him dead? | 谁要他死 |
[05:50] | What we try to hide about ourselves in life | 我们在生前试图掩盖的东西 |
[05:54] | is revealed in death — | 在死后都会被揭露出来 |
[05:57] | our fears, our insecurities, | 我们的恐惧 我们的不安 |
[06:02] | but most of all, our secrets. | 最主要的是 我们的秘密 |
[06:05] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[06:06] | He dyed his hair. | 他染发了 |
[06:08] | Note the cuticle and cortex — blond. | 表皮和皮层显示 他是金发 |
[06:11] | I know plenty of girls out there | 我知道外面有无数女孩 |
[06:12] | who would kill to be natural blondes. | 做梦都想成为天然的金发女 |
[06:15] | For our victim, it’s more likely he did it | 对于我们的死者来说 他这么做 |
[06:17] | because he was hiding. | 更像是为了掩饰身份 |
[06:23] | I’m impressed, Henry. | 很不错 亨利 |
[06:25] | This older look suits you quite nicely. | 这个上了年纪的样子好适合你 |
[06:28] | But let’s not go overboard. | 不过还是别太过火了 |
[06:29] | There’s a fine line between precaution and paranoia. | 预防和多疑也就一步之差 |
[06:33] | I know what it looks like, but at some point, | 我知道这看起来像什么 但是 |
[06:35] | someone’s gonna start wondering about me | 一定会有人开始对我产生怀疑的 |
[06:37] | and why I don’t age like everyone else. | 为什么我不像其他人一样衰老 |
[06:38] | All your lady admirers? | 都是你的女仰慕者吗 |
[06:40] | Look, we’ve been here for seven years. | 我们在这里待了七年了 |
[06:42] | It’s either this, or we move on again. | 如果不这样做 我们就得搬家 |
[06:44] | Henry, we don’t have to move. | 亨利 我们没必要搬家的 |
[06:47] | A few grays make you look like Clark Gable. | 几根白头发让你看起来像克拉克·盖博 |
[06:50] | And in case you haven’t noticed, | 假如你没注意到的话 那我告诉你 |
[06:52] | I like older men. | 我喜欢老男人 |
[07:00] | Does our victim have a name? | 知道死者身份了吗 |
[07:02] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[07:03] | Vic’s prints didn’t turn up anything. | 死者的指纹没查到任何信息 |
[07:04] | Whoever he is, he’s not in our system. | 不管他是谁 都不在我们的系统里 |
[07:06] | Other than the fake passport, | 除了那个假护照 |
[07:07] | there’s no paper trail to follow on Colin Cavendish. | 没有任何可以查到科林·卡文迪什的纸质文件 |
[07:11] | What did you get off the body? | 你从尸体上查到什么了 |
[07:12] | We found small flakes of gold in the neck wound. | 我们在他颈部的伤口处发现了金子的碎屑 |
[07:15] | We’ve sent them for a metallurgy test. | 已经送去做冶金测试了 |
[07:17] | And down here, you’ll notice some deep scarring | 在这里 你们会注意到在脚踝的这一侧 |
[07:19] | on the inside of the ankles | 有一些很深的疤痕 |
[07:21] | and some gravel that’s healed into the wound. | 伤口里还残留着很多碎石粒 |
[07:24] | Guy looks more blue collar than blue blood. | 这个家伙不像贵族 更像是个工人 |
[07:27] | And he’s an American. | 他是美国人 |
[07:28] | How can you tell that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[07:29] | Oh, this part’s really cool. | 这个说来真的很厉害 |
[07:33] | The soft palate is the road map to how we sound. | 软腭是我们如何发音的指示图 |
[07:36] | Americans tend to push sounds together | 美国人倾向于 |
[07:38] | in the back of the mouth. | 从口腔的后面发音 |
[07:39] | That’s why American English is said to sound harder | 所以美式英语听起来更生硬 |
[07:42] | and more aesthetically displeasing. | 从美学角度来说 也更不好听 |
[07:44] | Easy, doc. | 别这么刻薄 医生 |
[07:45] | Based on the curvature of the palate, | 根据他上颚的弯曲程度来看 |
[07:47] | Colin was most assuredly an American. | 科林基本上可以确认是美国人 |
[07:49] | So we got a lot of details, but no real name yet. | 我们有了很多细节 可还是没有他的名字 |
[07:52] | Hell, we don’t even know anything about his fake name. | 见鬼 就连他的假名也没查到什么信息 |
[07:54] | Well, we do have this. | 我们有这个 |
[07:59] | At the time of his death, | 他死的时候 |
[08:00] | the impostor was wearing a london travel suit | 这个冒充者穿着一套伦敦旅行套装 |
[08:04] | from Paul Stuart’s fall collection — | 这是保罗·斯图亚特的秋装系列 |
[08:06] | not only an excellent English suit, | 这不只是一套完美的英式套装 |
[08:08] | but the perfect look for a young man of nobility. | 而且也是一位年轻贵族的完美行头 |
[08:11] | It projects stature, sophistication, and… | 衣服显得人很高挑 很成熟 |
[08:14] | And deep pockets. | 而且财力雄厚 |
[08:15] | So he knew what he was doing. | 这么说他知道自己扮演的是什么人 |
[08:17] | But look at this — the left-handed under roll, | 不过看这里 这是左撇子的滚边针法 |
[08:21] | an almost extinct alteration stitch. | 这个是几乎已经失传了的变针法 |
[08:25] | There is only one master tailor | 在纽约只有一位裁缝大师 |
[08:26] | remaining in New York who uses it. | 依然使用此种针法 |
[08:29] | Mine. | 我的裁缝 |
[08:35] | Can I ask you a personal question? | 能问你一个私人问题吗 |
[08:37] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[08:38] | How can an M.E. afford to shop here? | 一个法医怎么买得起这里的衣服 |
[08:40] | I’ve saved a bit over the years. | 这么多年我也有一些积蓄 |
[08:44] | Finished — two weeks. | 完成了 两周的时间 |
[08:47] | Oh, Dr. Morgan. | 摩根医生 |
[08:49] | So good to see you! | 见到你真高兴 |
[08:51] | No appointment today? | 今天没有预约啊 |
[08:53] | Actually, Arturo, I’d like to introduce you to my partner. | 阿图罗 我想把你介绍给我的搭档 |
[08:56] | This is — | 这位是 |
[08:57] | Dr. Morgan, please, | 摩根医生 |
[08:58] | you know I don’t work with the women — | 你知道我不为女人做衣服的 |
[09:01] | even if they wear the pantsuit. | 即使是穿套装的也不行 |
[09:03] | Uh, Detective Jo Martinez, NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的乔·马丁内兹警探 |
[09:08] | Do you recognize this man? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[09:11] | Well, of course. Mr. Cavendish. | 当然了 这是卡文迪什先生 |
[09:13] | Something’s wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[09:14] | Arturo, I’m afraid to say that Mr. Cavendish is dead — | 阿图罗 很遗憾地告诉你卡文迪什先生死了 |
[09:17] | Also not a Cavendish. | 而他根本不是卡文迪什家的人 |
[09:19] | Well, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[09:20] | He’s not who he claimed to be. | 他的身份是假冒的 |
[09:22] | We’re trying to find his real identity, | 我们正试图找出他的真实身份 |
[09:24] | so anything you have — | 如果你有什么信息 |
[09:26] | Credit-card receipts, delivery address — | 信用卡收据 收货地址 |
[09:28] | that would help us identify him? | 这些都会帮助我们确定他的身份 |
[09:29] | No, he paid in cash, | 没有 他总是付现金 |
[09:31] | Uh, always picked up his suits in person. | 而且总是亲自来取衣服 |
[09:33] | Well, except for the last one. | 除了上一次 |
[09:34] | – What is it? – A tuxedo. | -是什么 -是件燕尾服 |
[09:35] | A tuxedo for what? | 要燕尾服干什么 |
[09:37] | Oh, Mr. Cavendish was getting married. | 卡文迪什先生要结婚了 |
[09:40] | The wedding registry — it’s on the second floor. | 婚礼登记处就在二楼 |
[09:43] | I can’t believe he’s dead. | 真不敢相信他死了 |
[09:46] | Were you close with the deceased? | 你跟死者很熟悉吗 |
[09:50] | I wouldn’t say close, | 不能算熟悉 |
[09:51] | but we worked closely on the registry. | 我们在登记处合作得很愉快 |
[09:53] | You can get very friendly with the couples. | 这对夫妻对我们很友好 |
[09:56] | Can you tell us about his fiancee? | 能跟我们说说他未婚妻的事吗 |
[09:58] | Of course. Emily Sontag. | 当然可以 艾米丽·桑塔格 |
[10:01] | Her father owns garment factories in New Jersey. | 她的父亲在新泽西州有服装厂 |
[10:03] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[10:04] | They supply most of our high-end designers. | 我们大部分的高端设计都是由他们提供的 |
[10:06] | You have her contact info? | 你有她的联系方式吗 |
[10:08] | Yes. | 有 |
[10:10] | I must have it somewhere. | 肯定被我放在某处了 |
[10:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:31] | You got a problem? | 你有什么事吗 |
[10:33] | I wondered if I could have a closer look at your legs. | 我想靠近点看你的腿 |
[10:36] | Dude, even for New York, you’re a weirdo. | 老兄 就算这里是纽约 你还是个怪人 |
[10:40] | Step back. | 退后 |
[10:42] | NYPD. | 纽约警局 |
[10:43] | What the hell is this? | 到底怎么回事 |
[10:45] | Look at his calf. | 看他的小腿 |
[10:46] | It has the same distinct scarring | 跟科林的脚踝内侧 |
[10:48] | as the inside of Colin’s ankle. | 有相同的独特疤痕 |
[10:51] | It’s called a chain scar. | 这个叫链条疤 |
[10:52] | You ride in the city all day, every day, you get it. | 日复一日在市里骑车 就会有 |
[10:55] | I believe Colin was a bike messenger. | 我相信科林是个自行车送货人 |
[10:58] | You recognize this guy? | 你认得这个人吗 |
[10:59] | He would’ve had blond hair when you knew him. | 你认识他时他可能是金发 |
[11:08] | That’s Dwight. | 那是德怀特 |
[11:09] | Dwight? | 德怀特 |
[11:10] | Dwight Dziak. | 德怀特·德齐亚克 |
[11:11] | We used to ride together. | 我们以前经常一起骑车 |
[11:12] | Haven’t seen him in like a year, | 我一年没见过他了 |
[11:13] | but if you find him, tell him he owes me money. | 如果你找到他 告诉他他还欠我钱 |
[11:19] | I believe we’ve found our noble. | 我相信我们找到那位贵族了 |
[11:22] | Dwight Dziak. | 德怀特·德齐亚克 |
[11:24] | Sir Dwight Dziak. | 德怀特·德齐亚克阁下 |
[11:27] | Too shame. | 太遗憾了 |
[11:34] | Your Bernard Weatherill. | 你的伯纳德·韦瑟里尔西装 |
[11:35] | It looks splendid on you. | 穿在你身上很有范儿 |
[11:36] | You think? | 真的吗 |
[11:38] | It doesn’t make me look like a bit of a dandy? | 不会让我看起来像花花公子吗 |
[11:41] | You use that word like it’s a bad thing. | 也没什么不好啊 |
[11:43] | 伦敦上流住宅区 一条专门售卖定制男士西装的街 | |
[11:43] | When you wear a Savile Row suit, | 穿上萨维尔街出产的西装 |
[11:45] | you must exude confidence. | 你必须散发自信 |
[11:47] | Here. | 这样 |
[11:50] | What’s the big occasion? | 你要去什么大场合 |
[11:51] | I’m going to a funeral. | 我要去参加葬礼 |
[11:53] | No, it’s a good one — as far as they go. | 是好事…逝者已登天堂 |
[11:56] | Oh, Lyle Ames from the obituaries. | 就是讣告上那个莱尔·埃姆斯 |
[11:59] | But there are gonna be a lot of people there | 不过那里会有很多 |
[12:00] | that I haven’t seen in a very long time. | 我很久没见的人 |
[12:02] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[12:04] | And by “people,” you mean a woman. | 所谓的”人” 你指的是女人 |
[12:07] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[12:09] | Fawn. | 福恩 |
[12:10] | When did you see her last? | 你最后一次见她是什么时候 |
[12:12] | 艾森豪威尔是美国第34任总统 任期从1953年至1961年 | |
[12:12] | The Eisenhower Administration. | 艾森豪威尔政府时期 |
[12:14] | 全名是Lillie Devereaux Blake School 是纽约顶尖的小学之一 | |
[12:14] | She went to P.S. 6 with me and Lyle. | 她跟我和莱尔一起上公立小学 |
[12:16] | She was, um — well, special. | 她…挺特别的 |
[12:19] | First love? | 初恋吗 |
[12:21] | How sweet. | 多么甜蜜 |
[12:22] | And uncharacteristically innocent. | 还有一反常态的天真 |
[12:25] | You know, funerals, | 你知道 葬礼 |
[12:26] | they’re the best places to meet ladies of a certain age | 是与有相当年纪和浪漫气质的 |
[12:28] | and uh, romantic temperament. | 女人相遇的最好场合 |
[12:31] | That’s the Abe I know. | 这才是我认识的亚伯 |
[12:32] | Bingo. | 没错 |
[12:34] | Could you come with me? | 你能跟我一起去吗 |
[12:35] | I mean to the funeral. I-I need a wingman. | 跟我一起去葬礼 我需要一个军师 |
[12:38] | No, no, no, sh-sh-she’s, uh, I-important. | 不不不 她…对我很重要 |
[12:41] | I mean, uh, it’s hard for me to explain, but she is. | 很难解释 不过她对我很重要 |
[12:44] | And, uh, it’s been 60 years, | 而且…已经六十年没见了 |
[12:45] | and I’m just a little nervous, | 我有点紧张 |
[12:46] | so I-I just want to make a good impression, so… | 我想给她留下好印象 那么 |
[12:50] | staid and dependable? | 走沉着可靠路线 |
[12:53] | Or, uh, wild and spontaneous? | 还是狂热自然路线呢 |
[12:55] | Why don’t you just try being yourself? | 你怎么不做自己就好了呢 |
[12:58] | It’s always worked out best. | 这么做一向最有效 |
[12:59] | Okay, great. | 好 很好 |
[13:01] | And who is that? | 那么那个人是谁 |
[13:05] | So, who is Dwight Dziak? | 那么 谁是德怀特·德齐亚克 |
[13:07] | He’s 27 years old, born in Oklahoma, | 二十七岁 生于俄克拉荷马州 |
[13:10] | and his juvenile search record turned up a few hits. | 有数项少年犯罪记录 |
[13:12] | Case file reads like a Dickens’ novel. | 犯罪卷宗读起来像狄更斯的小说似的 |
[13:14] | Guy bounced around from various foster homes | 他在不同的寄养家庭待过 |
[13:16] | before striking out to the Big Apple | 然后来到纽约 |
[13:17] | to become a bike messenger. | 当自行车送货人 |
[13:19] | Only 14 months later, he quits, | 十四个月之后 他就辞职 |
[13:21] | drops off the grid completely. | 并消失得无影无踪了 |
[13:23] | What about the fiancee? What’s her story? | 他的未婚妻呢 什么来历 |
[13:25] | Emily Sontag should be here any minute, | 艾米丽·桑塔格从韦斯切斯特过来 |
[13:26] | coming in from Westchester. | 应该马上就到了 |
[13:27] | Her father owns a textile factory. | 她父亲有一家纺织厂 |
[13:29] | The point is, | 问题是 |
[13:31] | Emily comes from a family | 一个自行车送货人 |
[13:32] | that a bike messenger doesn’t marry into easily. | 很难跟艾米丽的家庭门当户对 |
[13:34] | So maybe Emily helps Dziak come up with his BS bio | 那么可能是艾米丽帮德齐亚克编造贵族来历 |
[13:38] | to pull the wool over daddy’s eyes? | 来蒙骗她的父亲呢 |
[13:39] | Yeah, we’ll let you know what we get out of her. | 我们跟她问完口供向您汇报 |
[13:44] | This isn’t real. | 这不是真的 |
[13:48] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:49] | How does this happen? | 怎么会发生这样的事 |
[13:51] | Who would want to murder Colin? | 谁会对科林动杀机 |
[13:53] | Hoping you could help us with that. | 希望你能协助我们调查 |
[13:55] | When did you last see Colin? | 你最后一次见科林是什么时候 |
[13:57] | Before I went to sleep. | 我睡觉之前 |
[13:59] | When I woke up, he was gone. | 我醒来时 他已经不在了 |
[14:00] | You never left your apartment? | 你没离开过你的公寓吗 |
[14:02] | You have somebody who can back that up? | 有人能给你证明吗 |
[14:04] | The doorman to our building. | 公寓大楼的门卫 |
[14:06] | You know, we’re having a little bit of trouble | 我们在寻找你未婚夫的亲属时 |
[14:08] | locating your fiance’s next of kin. | 遇到了一点麻烦 |
[14:11] | Colin was English. | 科林是英国人 |
[14:12] | He doesn’t have any family in the States. | 他在美国没有任何亲人 |
[14:15] | Maybe you could try the British embassy? | 也许你可以跟英国大使馆问问 |
[14:18] | Did you ever hear the name Dwight Dziak? | 你听过德怀特·德齐亚克这个名字吗 |
[14:22] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[14:24] | Is that — is he a suspect? | 他是…嫌疑人吗 |
[14:25] | Is that who you think killed Colin? | 警方认为是他杀了科林吗 |
[14:30] | Emily, this is gonna be hard, | 艾米丽 你会很难接受 |
[14:31] | especially on top of all | 尤其是在你经历了 |
[14:33] | that you’re going through right now. | 这么多之后 |
[14:35] | We have to tell you something about your fiance. | 我们要告诉你你未婚夫的事 |
[14:38] | Colin wasn’t who he said he was. | 科林不是他说的那样 |
[14:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:43] | Emily, meet your fiance. Dwight Dziak. | 艾米丽 这是你未婚夫德怀特·德齐亚克 |
[14:53] | Hey, doc. | 医生 |
[14:54] | I was gonna put him on ice if that was okay with you? | 如果你没意见的话我要把他放冰柜里了 |
[14:56] | Yes, I believe we’ve learned all we can | 好 我相信到现在为止我们已经从他身上 |
[14:57] | from his body for the moment. | 发现所有能发现的情况了 |
[14:59] | It’s a funny thing, | 假扮一个实际上你不是的人 |
[15:02] | just pretending to be someone you’re not? | 真是一件有趣的事 |
[15:07] | I was in the ninth grade, and I had to switch schools. | 我九年级的时候 转了一次学 |
[15:10] | For a whole year, I made my classmates call me Fernando. | 整整一学年 我让我的同学叫我费尔南多 |
[15:15] | Well, what happened? | 然后呢 |
[15:16] | Well, eventually I got tired of worrying | 最终 我厌倦了担心我的旧生活 |
[15:18] | that my old life would catch up with the new. | 会影响我的新生活 |
[15:21] | And I didn’t speak Spanish. | 而且我不会西班牙语 |
[15:25] | Yeah, can’t imagine | 真不敢想像 |
[15:26] | what it was like for this guy always checking over his shoulder. | 他过的是怎样的生活 整日提心吊胆的 |
[15:30] | Crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[15:37] | Never could tire of this. | 永远不会厌倦 |
[15:39] | What’s that? | 厌倦什么 |
[15:41] | Seasons changing, nature’s cycle of life. | 四季变化 生命的自然周期 |
[15:44] | All of us one year older — | 每个人都长了一岁 |
[15:47] | even you, darling. | 你也不例外 亲爱的 |
[15:49] | Your gray hair is flaking on your shoulder. | 你的灰白头发都飘到肩上来了 |
[15:53] | I have to start wearing a hat. | 我该开始戴帽子了 |
[15:54] | Oh, don’t worry. No one saw a thing. | 别担心 没人注意到 |
[15:56] | I need to pick up Abe from school. | 我要去学校接亚伯 |
[15:58] | See you at home. | 晚点家里见 |
[15:58] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:08] | Dr. Henry Morgan. | 亨利·摩根医生 |
[16:12] | I thought it was you. | 我就觉得是你 |
[16:14] | I saw you hit by an artillery shell | 我看到你在诺曼底沙滩上 |
[16:17] | on the beach at Normandy. | 被炮弹壳击中 |
[16:20] | What, don’t you recognize me? | 怎么 你不认识我了 |
[16:22] | PFC Hemecker. | 陆军一等兵赫姆克 |
[16:23] | I know time hasn’t been as kind to me as it’s been to you, doctor. | 我知道时间并没有像善待你一样善待我 医生 |
[16:27] | I got a piece of that same shell in this old leg of mine. | 我的这条老腿跟你中了一样的炮弹壳 |
[16:29] | Uh, you got the wrong guy. | 你认错人了 |
[16:31] | Now, excuse me. I have to get back to work. | 不好意思 我要回去工作了 |
[16:35] | I got to say, I have seen my share of ghosts, | 我不得不说 我见过不少鬼魂 |
[16:38] | but none as real as you! | 但没有人像你一样那么真实 |
[16:41] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[16:43] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[16:44] | Or Dr. Morgan, | 还是摩根医生 |
[16:46] | unless we’re finally on a first-name basis? | 除非我们终于相熟到可以以名相称了 |
[16:50] | Didn’t think so. | 没觉得 |
[16:51] | What is it, Lucas? | 怎么了 卢卡斯 |
[16:52] | Ah, well, when I was gonna go pack up his stuff, | 当我收拾他东西的时候 |
[16:55] | I felt something crinkly inside his coat pocket. | 我发现有什么皱皱的东西在他大衣口袋 |
[16:58] | And turned out it was paper, | 居然是纸 |
[17:00] | but just a bunch of pieces, | 不过只是一堆碎片 |
[17:01] | So I put what I could back together. | 我就尽我所能把他们拼起来了 |
[17:03] | Look at that. | 看看这 |
[17:04] | 收款人 科林·卡文迪什 金额 一百万 | |
[17:04] | – A check! – Oh, yeah. | -一张支票 -没错 |
[17:05] | It’s a lot of zeroes. | 有好多零 |
[17:07] | Yeah, a cool million, payable to the D.O.A. | 是啊 一百万 付给死者 |
[17:10] | From whose account? | 是谁付给他的 |
[17:11] | One Norman Sontag. | 一个叫诺曼·桑塔格的人 |
[17:14] | Colin’s would-be father-in-law. | 科林未来岳父 |
[17:16] | Ms. Sontag, did you know about the check | 桑塔格小姐 你知道科林被谋杀当晚 |
[17:18] | your father wrote Colin the night he was murdered? | 你父亲写了张支票给他吗 |
[17:23] | It was for our wedding — | 那是给我们婚礼用的 |
[17:25] | Colin’s family’s castle in Devonshire… | 科林家在德文郡的城堡 |
[17:28] | …which was obviously made up, too. | 显然这也是他编造的 |
[17:30] | You must think I’m an idiot. | 你一定觉得我是个大傻瓜 |
[17:32] | I think that you just fell for the wrong man. | 我只是觉得你爱错了人 |
[17:35] | Of everything you’ve told me, | 在你告诉我的所有事中 |
[17:38] | the fact our love wasn’t real is the hardest to believe. | 最难让我相信的是我们的爱是假的 |
[17:41] | You buying this story? | 你相信她说的吗 |
[17:44] | I’ll subpoena her building’s security footage | 我会调出她住所的监控录像 |
[17:46] | and talk to her doorman, | 再跟她的门卫谈谈 |
[17:46] | but I don’t make her for a killer. | 我不觉得她是杀人凶手 |
[17:48] | Now, her old man, on the other hand… | 然而 她的父亲 |
[17:50] | Forget about the money. | 别提那笔钱了 |
[17:51] | Daddies don’t like to see their little girl’s hearts broken. | 爸爸们不会想看到自己的心肝宝贝心碎的 |
[17:54] | And you think Norman Sontag | 那你觉得诺曼·桑塔格 |
[17:55] | found out his daughter was being duped? | 是已经发现自己女儿被欺骗了吗 |
[17:58] | Talk to him. | 跟他谈谈 |
[18:02] | Nice digs. | 房子真不错 |
[18:03] | Looks like it belongs on the other side of the pond. | 看来是英伦情调 |
[18:06] | Remind you of home? | 有没有想家 |
[18:08] | What? You think all Englishmen | 什么 你以为所有的英国人 |
[18:10] | grew up reciting poetry and hunting pheasants? | 都是从小背诵诗词 打野鸡吗 |
[18:14] | Well, it’s just you never talk about where you grew up. | 只是你从来不说你是在哪里长大的 |
[18:16] | Then Colin Cavendish and I have something in common — | 那科林·卡文迪什和我有相同点了 |
[18:18] | the need to reinvent ourselves. | 需要重新塑造我们自己 |
[18:20] | Well, there’s no better place than here in America. | 那就没有比美国更适合的地方了 |
[18:22] | We’ve got no shortage of suckers. | 我们最不缺的就是烂人 |
[18:24] | You think that’s what was motivating our victim — | 你以为那是死者这么做的动机 |
[18:28] | a confidence game driven by greed? | 一个由贪婪驱使的自信心游戏 |
[18:30] | The guy had a million bucks in his pocket. | 这人口袋里有一百万 |
[18:32] | That he’d torn up. | 他撕碎了 |
[18:34] | What if he was just a man trying to escape his past? | 如果他只是一个想要逃避过去的人呢 |
[18:37] | Dwight lied about who he was. | 德怀特隐瞒了他曾经是谁的事实 |
[18:38] | Because he aspired to be someone better, | 因为他想变得更好 |
[18:40] | then fell in love with someone better. | 然后就跟更好的人相爱了 |
[18:42] | Haven’t you ever wanted to be someone else? | 你难道从来没想要变成某个人吗 |
[18:45] | Nope. For better or worse, I know who I am. | 没有 不管怎样 我知道我是谁 |
[18:48] | My daughter’s happiness is all that ever mattered to me. | 我女儿的幸福对我来说永远是最重要的 |
[18:51] | Then some sociopath comes into her life, | 然而某个反社会者进入了她的生活 |
[18:54] | preying on an innocent girl. | 对一个纯真的女孩伺机而动 |
[18:56] | When’s the last time you saw your daughter’s fianc? | 你最后一次见你女儿的未婚夫是在什么时候 |
[18:59] | Was the, uh, night of the engagement party — | 在订婚派对的晚上 |
[19:02] | uh, when it ended, at about 10:00. | 结束的时候 差不多10点 |
[19:04] | Is your back all right? | 你的背没事吧 |
[19:06] | The way you’re walking — slight limp. | 你走路的时候 有点瘸 |
[19:07] | Heat pad over there. | 那里有热垫 |
[19:10] | I threw it out playing golf. | 我打高尔夫的时候用力过猛了 |
[19:12] | Ice… | 冰敷 |
[19:14] | much better than heat for a muscle strain. | 对肌肉过劳会比热敷更有效 |
[19:17] | Did you notice anything odd | 你见到科林的那晚 |
[19:19] | about Colin’s behavior the night you saw him? | 有没有觉得他有什么反常行为 |
[19:21] | Seemed happy as a clam to me. | 我觉得他非常幸福 |
[19:23] | ‘course he had a check in his pocket for a million bucks. | 因为在他的口袋里有一百万美金 |
[19:31] | Dwight, or Colin — whichever you prefer — | 德怀特或者科林 随你怎么称呼 |
[19:34] | came back here after the party, didn’t he? | 在派对之后来过这里 对吧 |
[19:37] | I’m curious what the two of you discussed. | 我很好奇你们俩讨论了什么 |
[19:40] | I already told you the engagement party | 我已经说了订婚派对 |
[19:42] | was the last time I saw that lying Okie son of a bitch. | 是我最后一次见那个从俄克拉荷马州来的混蛋 |
[19:47] | We never told you | 我们从来都没有告诉你 |
[19:48] | where the Viscount Cavendish really came from. | 卡文迪什子爵到底是哪里人 |
[19:51] | Emily told me… | 艾米丽打电话给我 |
[19:54] | on the phone when she called to say that he was dead. | 说他死了的时候告诉我的 |
[19:56] | We never told Emily. | 我们从未告诉过艾米丽 |
[19:59] | Dwight Dziak returned here after the party, | 德怀特·德齐亚克参加完派对后 回到这里 |
[20:01] | and you two had some sort of altercation. | 然后你们俩起了争执 |
[20:04] | That’s why his jacket was torn. | 所以他的夹克被撕坏了 |
[20:07] | I’d have to take it back to my lab, | 我不得不把它带回实验室 |
[20:09] | but I’d wager that these exquisite wool fibers | 不过我打赌这些精致的羊毛纤维 |
[20:13] | match Dwight’s suit. | 与德怀特的西装相匹配 |
[20:14] | You shoved him up against the wall, I assume. | 假设你把他推到墙边 |
[20:16] | But he was strong, a bike messenger, | 可是作为一名自行车送货人 他的力量不小 |
[20:18] | so he shoved you back. | 结果他把你推了回去 |
[20:19] | You fell onto the desk, injuring your lower back. | 你摔在桌子上 伤到自己的腰背部 |
[20:22] | Marks on the carpet where it moved slightly. | 地毯上有桌子轻微移动过的痕迹 |
[20:24] | You were no match for him physically, | 你不是他的对手 |
[20:26] | but you couldn’t let him leave, so what was handy? | 但却不能让他离开 所以你随后拿起了什么 |
[20:28] | Judging by the angle of the injury on Dwight’s head, | 从德怀特头部伤口的角度来判断 |
[20:32] | I’d say you used a 7-iron, or perhaps a 6-. | 我认为你用的是七号或是六号高尔夫球杆 |
[20:35] | But you didn’t catch him clean — a bit of a slice. | 不过你没打中他 打偏了一点 |
[20:38] | You need more shoulder rotation. | 你的肩部需要转动更大一点的幅度才行 |
[20:40] | H-Henry, your gloves. | 亨利 你没戴手套 |
[20:41] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[20:42] | It’s already been wiped clean of any evidence. | 球杆上的证据已经被擦拭干净了 |
[20:45] | Some sort of astringent cleaning fluid. | 用的是某种强效清洗液 |
[20:48] | Next time use salt water — | 下次用盐水吧 |
[20:49] | Just as effective at removing blood and no odor. | 能有效地清除血液 且无异味 |
[20:53] | You followed Dwight to the city, | 你跟踪德怀特进城 |
[20:55] | and you stabbed him in the neck at the fountain. | 在喷泉旁 你一刀捅在他的脖子上 |
[20:57] | Is that true? | 是这样吗 |
[21:00] | I am going to need to talk to my lawyer. | 我要和我律师谈谈 |
[21:03] | Well, that’s the first truthful statement you’ve made, Mr. Sontag. | 这是你的第一个真实陈述 桑塔格先生 |
[21:14] | I’m Peter Guzik, Mr. Sontag’s counsel. | 我叫彼得·古兹克 是桑塔格先生的法律顾问 |
[21:17] | This is my client’s statement | 这是我的委托人针对你们 |
[21:18] | regarding the night in question. | 有疑问的那晚的陈述 |
[21:22] | Try seeing this from our perspective. | 试着从我们的观点来看 |
[21:24] | Mr. Sontag admitted that he attacked Dwight Dziak | 桑塔格先生承认他用高尔夫球杆 |
[21:27] | with a golf club, but denies killing him? | 攻击了德怀特·德齐亚克 却否认杀害了他 |
[21:31] | Yeah, that’s a tough needle to thread. | 没错 这个可不好办 |
[21:34] | Good luck doing it with a jury. | 祝你在陪审团面前好运吧 |
[21:36] | What kind of a lawyer are you, anyway? | 还有你是哪方面的律师 |
[21:39] | A corporate attorney for Mr. Sontag’s textile business. | 桑塔格先生纺织厂的公司律师 |
[21:41] | It says here your client called you | 这里说你的委托人在他自己家 |
[21:44] | after he assaulted Dwight at his house. | 攻击了德怀特之后 给你打了电话 |
[21:47] | Now, I don’t speak legalese, | 我不会说法律术语 |
[21:48] | but it sounds to me like you told him to cover his tracks. | 但在我看来 像是你教他如何掩饰痕迹 |
[21:51] | Is that true? | 是这样吗 |
[21:52] | In general, innocent people don’t cover their tracks. | 通常无辜的人无需掩饰痕迹 |
[21:57] | – What is it you want to know? – Mr. Sontag. | -你们到底想知道什么 -桑塔格先生 |
[21:59] | Peter. You’ve helped enough. | 彼得 你已经帮了我很多了 |
[22:02] | You just tell us exactly what happened that night | 只要告诉我们那晚派对之后 |
[22:04] | after the party. | 事发的确切过程 |
[22:07] | Colin — | 科林 |
[22:09] | Dwight, or whatever the hell his name is, | 德怀特 管他叫什么名字 |
[22:12] | he came to the house, said that he wanted to talk. | 他来到我家 说他想和我谈谈 |
[22:17] | Told me that everything about him was B.S., | 和我说 有关他的一切都是谎言 |
[22:20] | dropped the stupid British accent. | 他的一口英国口音没了 |
[22:22] | Told me that it was all some kind of con to steal my money, | 他跟我说一切都是为了骗我的钱所设的局 |
[22:26] | except he had fallen in love with Emily | 只有他爱上艾米丽是真的 |
[22:31] | and now all he wanted was her. | 现在他想要的只有她 |
[22:34] | So you assaulted him? | 所以你就攻击他 |
[22:36] | He told me that he was going to tell her the truth | 他和我说他要去对她坦白一切 |
[22:39] | and that, if she forgave him, that he would run away with her. | 如果她原谅他 他就和她一起私奔 |
[22:42] | Mr. Sontag did | 桑塔格先生做了 |
[22:43] | what any loving and protective father would do. | 任何对子女爱护备至的父亲都会做的事 |
[22:46] | But we’re talking about assault, not murder. | 但我们现在说的是攻击 不是谋杀 |
[22:48] | It’s the God’s honest truth. | 上帝作证 我的话属实 |
[22:50] | When he left my house, he was alive. | 他离开我家的时候 还是活生生的 |
[22:52] | So, then what? | 然后呢 |
[22:53] | In accordance with the advice of my counsel, | 根据我法律顾问的建议 |
[22:55] | I did what I do every morning — I went into work. | 和以往的早晨一样 我去上班 |
[22:58] | Someone that could put you there at 5:00 in the morning? | 有人能证明你早上五点在公司吗 |
[23:01] | About a hundred employees. | 上百个员工可以作证 |
[23:02] | And there’s security footage. | 还有监控录像 |
[23:04] | I’m sure my attorney would be happy to get that for you | 如果你们需要 我相信我的律师很乐意 |
[23:06] | if you want. | 去拿来给你们看 |
[23:09] | The injury from Norman Sontag’s 7-iron | 从炎症反应来判断 |
[23:13] | was inflicted hours before Dwight was killed, | 被诺曼·桑塔格七号高尔夫球杆击中的伤口 |
[23:16] | judging by the inflammatory response… | 在德怀特被杀几个小时前就造成了 |
[23:21] | which also hid this. | 同时也掩盖了这个 |
[23:28] | Gauze fiber… | 纱布纤维 |
[23:30] | hidden in the wound, blended into his hair. | 藏在伤口处 混在他的头发里 |
[23:34] | It appears that Dwight’s injury was cared for. | 显然德怀特的伤口经过处理 |
[23:37] | So maybe Dwight stopped by a pharmacy | 也许在被诺曼攻击之后 |
[23:39] | after Norman hit him, but before he was killed? | 但是在被杀之前 德怀特去过药房 |
[23:42] | Well, given the location of Dwight’s injury, | 鉴于德怀特伤口的位置 |
[23:44] | it would’ve been difficult for him | 想要自行包扎 |
[23:45] | to accomplish that by himself. | 是件很困难的事 |
[23:47] | Hmm, someone could’ve helped him, then. | 可能有人帮他 |
[23:48] | Perhaps. | 也许是 |
[23:50] | Or just maybe he had help all along. | 或者说他一直都有帮手 |
[23:54] | How does a bike messenger from Shawnee, Oklahoma, | 一个来自俄克拉荷马州肖尼市的自行车送货人 |
[23:57] | learn a lifetime of culture and refinement | 如何在数月内学会别人用一辈子学到的文化 |
[24:00] | in a matter of months? | 以及优雅的举止呢 |
[24:02] | The Internet? | 网络 |
[24:03] | Well, not likely. | 不大可能 |
[24:04] | I mean, he knew how to speak, how to act, | 我指的是他的谈吐 举止 |
[24:06] | and his sartorial acumen… | 以及他对服饰的敏锐度 |
[24:08] | And cue the “Aha” moment. | 可以差不多揭晓答案了 |
[24:11] | Like he stepped out of a Paul Stuart catalog. | 让他就像是从保罗·斯图亚特目录中走出来似的 |
[24:16] | Excuse me a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[24:23] | Of course. Colin’s clothes, his watch — | 当然了 科林的服饰 手表 |
[24:27] | everything on his body was purchased at Paul Stuart. | 他身上的一切都是在保罗·斯图亚特那购买的 |
[24:29] | It’s all here in the winter catalog. | 全都在这本冬装目录中 |
[24:31] | His pants. His shoes. | 他的裤子和鞋子 |
[24:34] | How could he not only know what to buy, | 他不仅知道该买些什么 |
[24:36] | but have the money to afford it? | 并且支付能力 这是为什么呢 |
[24:38] | Because he had a Henry Higgins. | 因为他有亨利·希金斯 |
[24:42] | I played Eliza Doolittle | 在我上小学时 |
[24:43] | in my grade-school production of “My Fair Lady.” | 我扮演过《窈窕淑女》里的伊莉莎·杜利特尔 |
[24:46] | You must’ve been charming. | 你当时肯定很迷人 |
[24:49] | We can cross-check the items | 我们可以把这些物品 |
[24:50] | that he had on with the ones sold at Paul Stuart. | 和保罗·斯图亚特所出售的做交叉对比 |
[24:53] | Maybe we can find out who bought them. | 也许就能查出是谁购买的 |
[24:56] | Look at the pen on this page. | 看看这页的这支钢笔 |
[24:59] | Remember the gold shards that I dug out of Colin’s neck? | 还记得我从科林的脖子处取出的金色碎片吗 |
[25:04] | I believe we’ve found our murder weapon. | 看来我们找到凶器了 |
[25:06] | Turns out everything that Colin Cavendish purchased | 原来科林·卡文迪什购买的所有物品 |
[25:08] | was bought with an employee discount. | 都是员工价 |
[25:11] | Here’s whose discount he was using. | 他用的是此人的员工价 |
[25:13] | Patricia Abbott. | 帕特丽夏·阿尔伯特 |
[25:14] | She’s the wedding registrar we met at Paul Stuart. | 她是我们在保罗·斯图亚特见到的婚姻登记人 |
[25:16] | Her manager confirmed she called in sick today. | 她的经理说她今天请了病假 |
[25:18] | – Do you got a home address? – You bet. | -你有地址吗 -这还用问 |
[25:28] | Clear! | 安全 |
[25:30] | Clear! | 安全 |
[25:31] | All clear! | 一切安全 |
[25:46] | This…is where Dwight’s nursemaid | 这就是德怀特的小护士 |
[25:50] | preformed the triage. | 给他处理伤口的地方 |
[25:53] | But then I think Dwight betrayed her. | 不过我觉得德怀特后来背叛了她 |
[25:55] | You see, they were partners, con artists, | 他俩是搭档 一对骗子 |
[25:58] | but Dwight developed a conscience. | 但是德怀特良心发现 |
[26:09] | A piece of Norman Sontag’s check. | 这是诺曼·桑塔格的支票的一角 |
[26:13] | So Patricia killed him | 所以帕特丽夏杀了他 |
[26:14] | because he wouldn’t make off with their money. | 是因为他不肯带着钱走人 |
[26:16] | No, that’s not what their fight was really about. | 不 这不是他们吵架的真正原因 |
[26:19] | From your musical-theater days, | 你看的那些音乐剧里 |
[26:20] | you mentioned “My Fair Lady”? | 提到过一部《窈窕淑女》 |
[26:22] | It’s based on the myth of Pygmalion, | 这是根据皮格马利翁的神话改编的 |
[26:24] | the story of an artist | 传说中他是一名艺术家 |
[26:25] | who sculpted a statue so beautiful, | 雕刻了一座非常美丽的少女雕像 |
[26:28] | so perfect that he fell in love with it. | 美到他自己深深地爱上了那座雕像 |
[26:33] | Dwight was her creation. | 德怀特就是她的作品 |
[26:35] | She gave him a crash course in nobility. | 她给他上贵族速成班 |
[26:41] | He was her statue, her masterwork. | 他就是她的雕像 她的杰作 |
[26:44] | Until he tried to leave her for another woman. | 直到他想为另一个女人抛弃她 |
[26:50] | Pleased to meet you, Mr. Sontag. | 很高兴见到你 桑塔格先生 |
[26:52] | My name’s Colin Cavendish. | 我叫科林·卡文迪什 |
[26:54] | Pleased to meet you, Mr. Sontag. | 很高兴见到你 桑塔格先生 |
[26:55] | My name’s Colin Cavendish. | 我叫科林·卡文迪什 |
[26:57] | Better. But your vowels are still a bit iffy. | 好多了 可是你的元音还是有点怪 |
[26:59] | My vowels are a little bit iffy. | 我的元音就是这么怪 |
[27:01] | I’m rolling my r’s. Enough. | 我舌头就是翘不起来 够了 |
[27:03] | Lord Cavendish is wiped out from all this work. | 卡文迪什勋爵已经练得累死了 |
[27:06] | Perhaps he’s earned himself a little study break. | 也许他可以课间休息一下 |
[27:08] | Dwight! | 德怀特 |
[27:10] | In a minute. | 等一下 |
[27:12] | Where is this woman? | 这女人在哪 |
[27:13] | We have a bolo out on Patricia Abbott. | 我们已经对帕特丽夏·阿尔伯特发出通缉 |
[27:15] | Her face is up on screens all over the city right now. | 现在全市各处都能看到她的照片 |
[27:17] | The feds are also looped in, along with FAA and Transit. | 也通知了联邦 国家航空委员会和运输部门 |
[27:20] | If this woman is still here, we’ll find her. | 如果这女人还在这的话一定能找到她 |
[27:22] | He was there. | 他在那 |
[27:24] | Blood on the gauze is a DNA match for Colin. | 纱布上血迹的DNA和科林的吻合 |
[27:26] | Confirms he was indeed there at Patricia’s house that night. | 确定他当晚就在帕特丽夏的房子里 |
[27:29] | Okay, so Patricia transforms Dwight into Colin | 所以帕特丽夏把德怀特打造成科林 |
[27:31] | so that he can get engaged to Emily and steal her money. | 这样他就能和艾米丽订婚骗她的钱 |
[27:34] | Right. Only thing is, Colin falls in love with Emily, | 没错 问题是科林爱上了艾米丽 |
[27:37] | blows the con, | 骗局告吹 |
[27:38] | and when he tries to break it off with Patricia, | 当他想跟帕特丽夏分手时 |
[27:40] | she kills him. | 她杀了他 |
[27:41] | And this is what she leaves behind? | 这些都是她留下来的东西吗 |
[27:42] | Yeah, but she’s been working on this con for over a year, boss. | 是的 但是她一年前就开始计划这个骗局 |
[27:45] | She’d have been ready to run. | 她可能早就准备好跑路了 |
[27:46] | She’s probably halfway around the world by now. | 说不定这时候都跑出半个地球了 |
[27:49] | She’s not running. | 她没有跑 |
[27:51] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[27:52] | The pictures. | 这些照片 |
[27:53] | Patricia lived alone, worked long hours. | 帕特丽夏独居 工作时间又较长 |
[27:56] | Her whole life was Colin and this plan. | 科林和这个骗局是她的全部 |
[27:58] | If she was running, she would take what was essential | 如果要跑 她肯定会带上必需品 |
[28:00] | and what was irreplaceable. | 和这些不可取代的东西 |
[28:02] | Running or hiding, she’s gonna turn up. | 不管是跑是藏 都要把她抓出来 |
[28:04] | Can’t get far in today’s world. | 这年头她跑不了多远 |
[28:09] | Have you finished yet? | 弄完了吗 |
[28:10] | The photos and the photo album, and then we’re finished. | 还差照片和相册就弄好了 |
[28:13] | – But Abigail. – Henry, they can’t be replaced. | -阿比盖尔 -亨利 这都是不可取代的 |
[28:15] | They’re coming. | 一定要带上它们 |
[28:17] | Of course. | 说得也是 |
[28:18] | Have you told Abe we’re leaving? | 你跟亚伯说了我们要走吗 |
[28:21] | Not yet. He has a friend over. | 还没 他有个朋友过来了 |
[28:27] | Today was the best day of my life. | 今天是我一生中最棒的一天 |
[28:30] | Well, how was it, Abe? | 感觉怎么样 亚伯 |
[28:32] | Amazing. | 棒极了 |
[28:34] | I can’t wait for my first kiss. | 我等不及体验我自己的初吻了 |
[28:36] | It’ll happen soon, Lyle. | 迟早的事 莱尔 |
[28:38] | Fawn Mahoney. | 福恩·马奥尼 |
[28:40] | What a tomato. | 真是可人 |
[28:43] | Yeah, but she’s mine. | 是啊 但她是我的 |
[28:47] | I’m gonna marry her someday. | 我总有一天要娶她 |
[28:55] | Abraham. | 亚伯拉罕 |
[28:56] | Hey! I was just heading out. | 我刚要出门 |
[28:57] | Is, uh — should I change, | 我 我该换身衣服吗 |
[28:59] | or is this appropriate attire for a funeral wingman? | 还是说这样跟你一起去葬礼也没关系 |
[29:02] | What made you change your mind? | 你为什么改变主意了 |
[29:04] | Well, a first kiss is hard to forget, | 初吻总是令人难以忘怀的 |
[29:06] | and it was my fault we had to move. | 而且当初搬家也是我的错 |
[29:11] | Your digs are fine. | 你这一身挺不错的 |
[29:15] | But dial back the immortal charm, you know? | 不过你得收起你那永恒的魅力 |
[29:17] | This is my funeral. | 那是我的葬礼 |
[29:18] | – What? – Um, speaking figuratively. | -什么 -打个比方而已 |
[29:26] | Do you see her? | 看到她了吗 |
[29:29] | No, not yet. | 还没有 |
[29:31] | At least you can pay your respects to your friend. | 至少你该对你的朋友表示一下哀悼 |
[29:33] | To who? | 谁啊 |
[29:34] | – Lyle. – Meh. | -莱尔 -算了吧 |
[29:36] | Wait! There she is! | 等等 她在那 |
[29:38] | Ah. Fawn Mahoney. | 福恩·马奥尼 |
[29:40] | Ooh! What a tomato. | 真是可人 |
[29:43] | Abraham… she’s the widow. | 亚伯拉罕 她是遗孀 |
[29:47] | Did I not tell you that? | 我没跟你说过吗 |
[29:50] | She’s beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[29:51] | I’ll just wait till after the service | 我等到仪式结束 |
[29:52] | – before I make my, uh — – Abraham! | -就可以… -亚伯拉罕 |
[29:54] | You are not doing this. | 你不能这么做 |
[29:55] | I forbid you to flirt with a widow, your friend’s wife! | 我禁止你勾搭寡妇 还是你朋友的遗孀 |
[30:06] | What? | 什么 |
[30:07] | Someone you know? | 你认识他们吗 |
[30:09] | Emily Sontag. | 艾米丽·桑塔格 |
[30:12] | That must’ve been Dwight Dziak’s funeral. | 这肯定是德怀特·德齐亚克的葬礼 |
[30:14] | Who’s the girl? | 那姑娘是谁 |
[30:15] | The impostor’s fiance. | 那个骗子的未婚妻 |
[30:18] | Well, she looks like she’s already moved on. | 看起来她已经走出阴影了嘛 |
[30:20] | Kind of cozy with the guy she’s with, huh? | 跟那个人一起看起来很自在的样子 |
[30:22] | That’s Peter Guzik, her father’s lawyer. | 那是彼得·古兹克 她父亲的律师 |
[30:24] | Not everyone comes to a funeral to hit on a widow. | 不是每个人参加葬礼都是来勾搭寡妇的 |
[30:27] | I’m simply offering my condolences. | 我只是来慰问一下 |
[30:30] | If a spark should reignite, who am I to blow out the flame. | 如果爱火可以重燃 我又怎能吹灭它呢 |
[30:33] | Abraham, you’re breaking an unwritten law so old, | 亚伯拉罕 一直以来这就是不成文的规矩 |
[30:36] | that they didn’t have to write it down! | 所以都不必书面写下来 |
[30:40] | Wait. | 等等 |
[30:42] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[30:43] | Who? | 你说谁 |
[30:45] | The killer, Patricia. | 帕特丽夏 那个凶手 |
[30:48] | She’s here! | 她竟然在这儿 |
[30:49] | We have to go follow her. | 我们得去跟着她 |
[30:50] | Come on! Are you kidding? | 什么 你开玩笑 |
[30:51] | This is my one chance with Fawn. | 这是我跟福恩千载难逢的好机会 |
[30:53] | Fine. Give me the keys. | 好吧 那把车钥匙给我 |
[30:55] | You haven’t driven for 37 years. | 你都37年没开车了 |
[30:57] | Abe, please. She killed a man. | 亚伯 求你了 她可是杀了人的凶手 |
[30:59] | I need your help. | 你得帮我 |
[31:02] | All right, just a minute, just a minute. | 好吧 等一下 等一下 |
[31:03] | Hey, kid! Come here. | 小朋友 过来过来 |
[31:07] | Is that your grandma Fawn? Yeah? | 福恩是你奶奶对吗 |
[31:09] | Uh, just give her this card. | 帮我把这个卡片给她 |
[31:10] | Uh, tell her hi from an old friend | 就和她说有个老朋友向她问好 |
[31:12] | And that she aged well. | 还有 和她说她保养得不错 |
[31:16] | Yeah. All right. | 好了 走吧 |
[31:23] | Detective Martinez. | 马丁内兹警探 |
[31:24] | Patricia Abbott is getting away! | 帕特丽夏·阿尔伯特正试图逃跑 |
[31:26] | Getting away? | 逃跑 |
[31:26] | Henry, what are you talking about? | 亨利 你在说什么啊 |
[31:28] | I’m at the cemetery. | 我在公墓 |
[31:28] | She showed up at Dwight’s funeral. | 她在德怀特的葬礼上现身了 |
[31:30] | Okay, whoa. Slow down. | 天哪 你别着急慢慢说 |
[31:31] | Abe! Hurry! Hurry up! We’re losing her! | 亚伯 快点 我们要跟丢了 |
[31:33] | Look, we’ll follow her, and you send up backup units. | 听着 我们会跟着她 你赶快派人来支援 |
[31:36] | No! No, no, no! | 不行 不行 |
[31:37] | Do not approach her, do you hear me? | 别靠近她 听到没 |
[31:39] | Uh, H-Hanson. Hanson. | 汉森 汉森 |
[31:40] | Get state police on the phone. | 给州警察局打电话 |
[31:41] | Henry’s got a beat on Patricia Abbott. | 亨利看见帕特丽夏·阿尔伯特了 |
[31:42] | She’s in some sort of sedan, a Datsun perhaps! | 她开一辆轿车 应该是辆达特桑 |
[31:45] | They don’t make those anymore. It’s a Civic. | 那个早停产了 是本田思域 |
[31:47] | Abe, quickly. | 亚伯 快点 |
[31:48] | Do I have police permission to violate all speeding laws? | 我是不是有警察许可可以超速 |
[31:51] | – Yes. – No! Absolutely not. | -没错 -谁说的 当然不行 |
[31:54] | Listen, maintain a safe distance. | 听着 和她的车保持安全距离 |
[31:56] | And get the license-plate number. | 把车牌号记下来 |
[31:57] | We’re on it. | 没问题 |
[32:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:14] | Sometimes our patrolmen can get a little overzealous, | 我们的巡警有时候就是容易激动 |
[32:17] | when they think a murder suspect is trying to flee town. | 尤其是他们认为犯罪嫌疑人在试图逃跑的时候 |
[32:20] | I wasn’t going anywhere. | 我不是要逃跑 |
[32:22] | That was nice work, Henry. | 亨利 干得漂亮 |
[32:24] | As a matter of curiosity, though, | 不过我还是很好奇 |
[32:25] | what were you doing in that cemetery? | 你们到公墓那边去干嘛 |
[32:28] | My roommate was paying his respects to an old girlfriend, | 我室友要去问候一位老朋友 |
[32:31] | the widow of the deceased. | 也就是逝者的遗孀 |
[32:33] | I was his wingman. | 我去当他的军师 |
[32:36] | I’ve got to learn to stop asking you questions. | 我得学着不问你问题 |
[32:41] | I didn’t kill Dwight. | 我没有杀德怀特 |
[32:42] | Ms. Abbott, we know everything — | 阿尔伯特小姐 我们已经知道了一切 |
[32:44] | how you made Dwight into Colin, | 你如何把德怀特变成科林 |
[32:46] | how the two of you planned to con the Sontags. | 你们二人如何计划骗桑塔格父女的钱 |
[32:48] | You know, we also know that Dwight wanted to call it off. | 我们也知道 德怀特后来干不下去了 |
[32:51] | And we know you were in love with him. | 而你爱上了他 |
[32:54] | I was. | 是的 |
[32:55] | And he loved me, too, for a time. | 他也爱过我 一段时间 |
[32:58] | Ms. Abbott, this would be a whole lot easier, | 阿尔伯特小姐 如果你坦白交代 |
[33:00] | if you could just come clean. | 于你于我都方便 |
[33:01] | Just tell us exactly what happened that night | 告诉我们那天晚上派对之后 |
[33:03] | after the party. | 到底发生了什么 |
[33:05] | He came back, told me it was over, | 他回到家 告诉我一切都结束了 |
[33:09] | the con, our relationship. | 我们的骗局 我们的恋情 都完了 |
[33:12] | – I can’t do it, Patricia. – Look | -帕特丽夏 我不能这么做 -听我说 |
[33:13] | – I don’t love you anymore. – Look | -我不爱你了 -别这样 |
[33:16] | I saw them every day at the store, | 我每天在店里都见到他们 |
[33:19] | the happy couples planning their lives, | 看到他们无比幸福地规划未来的生活 |
[33:22] | their dreams. | 他们的梦想 |
[33:26] | I knew exactly what Emily Sontag wanted. | 我太了解艾米丽·桑塔格想要什么了 |
[33:28] | What about Dwight Dziak? | 那德怀特·德齐亚克呢 |
[33:30] | All he wanted was a better life. | 他想要的只是更好的生活 |
[33:32] | Which I helped give him. | 可我已经帮他得到了 |
[33:34] | Look where it got him. | 看看带给他的下场 |
[33:36] | Dead, stabbed in the neck in Central Park. | 他死了 在中央公园被人捅了脖子 |
[33:41] | Where in the park? | 公园的哪里 |
[33:44] | Bethesda Fountain. | 毕士达喷泉 |
[33:46] | That’s where he proposed to Emily. | 那是他向艾米丽求婚的地方 |
[33:49] | My idea. | 还是我的主意 |
[33:51] | Where was he headed that night, | 那晚他离开你的公寓之后 |
[33:52] | after he left your apartment? | 又去了哪里 |
[33:54] | I imagine to her to confess the ruse, | 我猜他是去找艾米丽坦白此事 |
[33:58] | beg her forgiveness. | 祈求她原谅了 |
[34:03] | We are back where we started from. | 回到本案最开始的地方 |
[34:05] | I’d assumed, based upon the chafe on his pants, | 根据他裤子上的擦痕 |
[34:08] | that he fell to his knees because he was struck, | 我猜他是被人攻击跪倒在地 |
[34:10] | But what if he was on his knees apologizing? | 可如果他是跪在地上向艾米丽道歉呢 |
[34:12] | Lucas. | 卢卡斯 |
[34:13] | Yeah, I was wondering if I could play the killer this time. | 这次我能不能演凶手 |
[34:16] | Kind of feel like I always play the victim. | 每次都让我演死者 |
[34:18] | It’s much easier for me to get into character | 让我演凶手去杀你 |
[34:21] | murdering you. | 我比较好入戏 |
[34:23] | Understood. | 好吧 |
[34:27] | So, he apologizes. | 他在道歉 |
[34:31] | But how could she forgive him? | 但是艾米丽怎么能原谅他呢 |
[34:32] | This man has betrayed her, made her fall in love with him. | 这个人背叛了她 欺骗了她的感情 |
[34:35] | But now he’s tearing that away. | 但他让这一切都破灭了 |
[34:38] | She’s not marrying a prince, she’s marrying a charlatan. | 她嫁的根本不是王子 而是个骗子 |
[34:40] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[34:41] | So she tries to leave, but he prevents her. | 于是她试图离开 但被他拦住 |
[34:45] | Maybe it’s her pen falls out of her purse. | 也许她的笔在这时从包里掉了出来 |
[34:47] | Excellent. | 没错 |
[34:48] | Rage bottled up in her, overwhelmed her. | 她被愤怒冲昏了头脑 |
[34:50] | She sees the pen on the ground, grabs it. | 看到笔掉在地上 她就去捡 |
[34:52] | As he reaches for her again — based on the entry wound — | 他又上来拉她 根据伤口的形状 |
[34:57] | she thrusts the pen swiftly and with tremendous force. | 她应该是迅速将笔捅进了他的脖子里 |
[35:01] | Oh, easy, doctor! This is just a rehearsal. | 医生 别动真格 咱这是演戏呢 |
[35:03] | She would’ve had to gather enough inertia | 她需要很大的力道 |
[35:04] | to puncture his carotid artery and chip his mandible foramen. | 才能捅破他的颈动脉 刺伤他的下颈孔 |
[35:08] | A wisp over a hundred pounds, | 大概要一百磅的力 |
[35:10] | Emily Sontag would never have had the strength. | 而艾米丽·桑塔格显然没有那么大力气 |
[35:13] | Guys! Joe! | 伙计们 乔 |
[35:14] | Subpoena came through on the security footage | 艾米丽·桑塔格公寓楼的 |
[35:16] | from Emily Sontag’s apartment building. | 监控录像调出来了 |
[35:17] | Hallway camera confirmed her alibi — wasn’t her. | 走廊的录像证实了她的不在场证明 不是她 |
[35:22] | Henry already figured this out, didn’t he? | 亨利已经想到了是不是 |
[35:25] | So now we’re back to square one. | 我们又回到了原点 |
[35:26] | Who followed him here? | 是哪个人跟他到这里的呢 |
[35:29] | Someone who wanted to get to Dwight | 这个人要赶在他见到艾米丽之前 |
[35:31] | before he reached Emily. | 先解决他 |
[35:33] | Because if he reached Emily, she’d be gone forever. | 因为一旦他见到了艾米丽 就会永远失去她 |
[35:38] | Henry, what are you saying? | 亨利 你在说什么 |
[35:40] | We need to arrest Emily Sontag. | 我们需要逮捕艾米丽·桑塔格 |
[35:50] | Emily Sontag. | 艾米丽·桑塔格 |
[35:51] | Need you to come with us, please. | 请跟我们走 |
[35:53] | Is this about Colin’s killer? | 是有关科林的凶手吗 |
[35:54] | Uh, we can tell you more back at the station. | 到局里再详谈 |
[35:56] | Detectives! What’s going on? | 警官 这是怎么回事 |
[35:58] | We found the murder weapon. | 我们找到凶器了 |
[36:00] | – What? – A gold-tipped Lanier pen. | -什么 -拉尼尔牌金尖钢笔 |
[36:02] | There’s a print on it. | 上面有一个指纹 |
[36:03] | We need to match it to your client’s. | 我们需要跟你委托人的指纹做对比 |
[36:04] | You can meet her back at holding, counselor. | 你可以在拘留室里见她 律师 |
[36:38] | NYPD! | 纽约警察 |
[36:39] | Put your hands in the air. | 双手举起来 |
[36:41] | Put your hands in the air now. | 马上把双手举起来 |
[36:44] | Do not move. | 不许动 |
[36:45] | Hey, stop. Don’t — | 站住 |
[36:52] | Peter Guzik, you’re under arrest | 彼得·古兹克你因涉嫌 |
[36:53] | for the murder of Dwight Dziak. | 谋杀德怀特·德齐亚克而被捕 |
[36:58] | Your father called Peter | 你父亲在用高尔夫球杆 |
[36:59] | after he struck your fiance with a golf club. | 打了你未婚夫后 给彼得打了电话 |
[37:02] | Peter was in love with you — | 彼得爱着你 |
[37:04] | I imagine he had been for a long time — | 我猜他已经爱你很久了 |
[37:06] | and, in an act of misbegotten chivalry, | 所以出于幼稚可笑的骑士精神 |
[37:08] | confronted Dwight. | 他去和德怀特对质 |
[37:10] | They had a fight, and Peter killed him. | 结果打了起来 彼得杀了他 |
[37:13] | I knew Peter had feelings for me, and… | 我知道彼得对我有感觉 |
[37:16] | there was a time when I thought there was something. | 曾几一度我以为自己也是如此 |
[37:18] | And then you met Dwight — Colin. | 然后你遇到了德怀特 科林 |
[37:21] | And it was magic. | 仿佛中了魔法 |
[37:23] | Like a storybook. | 像童话一样 |
[37:26] | Guess that’s what Colin was — a fantasy. | 也许科林 只是一个美好的幻象 |
[37:30] | You know, he was going to see you that night. | 那晚他本来是去见你的 |
[37:33] | He’d tore up the million-dollar check. | 他撕掉了那张一百万的支票 |
[37:36] | He didn’t want the money or the name. | 放弃金钱和名字 |
[37:40] | He wanted to tell you the truth | 只想告诉你实情 |
[37:42] | and see if there was a chance you might still love him. | 想知道即便如此你是否还爱着他 |
[37:45] | Wasn’t a fantasy. | 并不是幻象 |
[37:46] | His love was real. | 他的爱是真实的 |
[37:58] | The best impostors have many gifts. | 最厉害的骗子有很多天赋 |
[38:02] | They can change their voice, their look, their manner. | 他们可以改变声音 改变样貌 改变习惯 |
[38:05] | But there’s a rule every impostor learns. | 但有一条所有骗子都知道的规则 |
[38:08] | The one truth we cannot hide is love. | 我们唯一不能隐藏的是爱 |
[38:14] | Sorry, we’re closed. | 抱歉 已经打烊了 |
[38:17] | Hello? Abraham? | 你好 亚伯拉罕 |
[38:21] | Fawn Mahoney. | 福恩·马奥尼 |
[38:22] | Uh, well, it’s been Fawn Ames | 已经是福恩·埃姆斯了 |
[38:24] | for the better part of 50 years. | 改了五十年了 |
[38:26] | Yeah, but I did’nt — I didn’t expect that you’d be here. | 对 但我没想到你会到这来 |
[38:30] | Really? | 是吗 |
[38:30] | You gave my grandson your card, | 你把名片交给了我孙子 |
[38:32] | and let’s just say you made quite an impression. | 这么说吧 你让我记忆深刻 |
[38:37] | Right. | 好吧 |
[38:40] | I was just paying my respects to Lyle. | 我只是去悼念莱尔 |
[38:43] | But it’s, um — I’m — I’m glad you’re here. | 但我…见到你很开心 |
[38:47] | I-I just live in Union Square, so I thought I’d stop by. | 我就住在联合广场 想着刚好来看看 |
[38:52] | Only 20 blocks away this whole time? | 一直以来只隔着20个街区 |
[38:54] | Big city. | 城市真大 |
[38:54] | Uh, big world. | 世界真大 |
[38:57] | I-I… | 我… |
[38:59] | I am surprised that you remember me. | 很惊讶你还能记得我 |
[39:02] | Well, how could I forget? | 我怎么可能忘掉 |
[39:04] | You’re the only man I ever kissed besides my husband. | 你是除了我丈夫以外 唯一吻过的男人 |
[39:10] | Ain’t that a thing. | 真棒 |
[39:14] | W-would you maybe, um, | 可不可以… |
[39:16] | let me, um, buy you a cup of coffee? | 让我请你喝杯咖啡 |
[39:19] | Abraham, I just buried my husband two days ago. | 亚伯拉罕 我丈夫两天前才刚刚下葬 |
[39:21] | No, no, I just meant, um, a coffee. | 不不 我只是说喝杯咖啡 |
[39:25] | Uh, that’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[39:26] | The last time it was a milkshake, | 上次也只是一杯奶昔 |
[39:28] | and we both know what happened next. | 我们都知道后来如何了 |
[39:32] | Yes. | 对 |
[39:34] | Well, 20 blocks isn’t so far. | 20个街区不算远 |
[39:37] | Probably, it won’t be long | 也许不久之后 |
[39:38] | before I’m back in the neighborhood again. | 我还会来这里的 |
[39:46] | Bye. | 再见 |
[39:55] | Where’s the bike? | 你的自行车呢 |
[39:57] | Abe started to insist that I take a cab home. | 亚伯坚持让我打车回家 |
[40:00] | He hates it when I’m late for dinner. | 他讨厌我晚饭迟到 |
[40:01] | He threatens to microwave it. | 威胁我要用微波炉加热 |
[40:03] | You want me to give you a lift? | 用不用我载你回去 |
[40:05] | No, I’m okay, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[40:08] | You know, Henry, I thought | 亨利 我以为 |
[40:08] | that I was a tough nut to crack, | 我是个难搞的人 |
[40:10] | and I mean this with true affection — | 我说的都是心里话 |
[40:12] | you are one perplexing man. | 你是个令人费解的人 |
[40:14] | How so? | 怎么讲 |
[40:16] | You’re intensely private, | 你非常注重隐私 |
[40:19] | borderline medical savant, | 勉强合格的医学专家 |
[40:21] | and you dress pretty well for city work. | 而且作为公务员你穿得特别讲究 |
[40:27] | I suppose it’s time I came clean. | 我想是时候跟你坦白了 |
[40:32] | I’m really Hank Morgan from Ohio. | 我其实是俄亥俄州的汉克·摩根 |
[40:35] | No, no. | 少来了 |
[40:36] | Your brand of eccentricity would take years to perfect. | 你的古怪之处还需要修炼很久 |
[40:40] | How about centuries? | 几个世纪如何 |
[40:42] | Someday, you’ll let me in when you’re ready. | 总有一天 你会准备好对我敞开心扉的 |
[40:48] | Have a good night. | 祝你今晚愉快 |
[40:50] | Good night, detective. | 晚安 警官 |
[40:54] | Lower east side, Stanton and Suffolk. | 下东区 斯坦顿和萨福克街 |
[40:56] | Hello, Henry. | 你好 亨利 |
[40:58] | We’re the same, you and I. | 我说我们一样 你和我 |
[41:00] | We share the same pain, same curse. | 我们有一样的痛苦和诅咒 |
[41:03] | When you suffer from our condition, you realize — | 当你对我们这种情况厌倦时 你会意识到… |
[41:05] | murder, it’s just a part of life. | 杀人不过是生活中的一部分 |
[41:07] | It’s like breathing. | 像呼吸一样 |
[41:09] | Buckle up, Henry. | 系好安全带 亨利 |
[41:10] | I wouldn’t want you to get hurt. | 我不希望你受伤 |