时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | 110 over 70. | 上压110 下压70 |
[00:12] | You have the blood pressure of a 30-year-old. | 你的血压情况跟30岁小伙一样好 |
[00:14] | Well, that’s not surprising. | 这很正常 |
[00:16] | I was always young at heart, you know. | 我内心一向都是年轻的 |
[00:18] | – Abraham, is everything okay? – Relax, relax. | -亚伯拉罕 你没事吧 -放松 放松 |
[00:20] | The life insurance company needed a physical | 保险公司重新起草我的保险单之前 |
[00:22] | before they could re-up my policy, | 要知道我的身体状况 |
[00:23] | so they sent this nice, young lady to check me out. | 所以他们派了这个年轻靓丽的女士来给我检查 |
[00:26] | I’d be happy to examine you, as well. | 我也很乐意为您做个检查 |
[00:28] | We’re offering a special rate on our premium life plan, | 如果您有兴趣的话 我们的优质生活计划 |
[00:30] | if you’re interested. | 正好有特价 |
[00:32] | Guarantees total financial coverage | 如果您意外身故 |
[00:33] | if you die unexpectedly. | 能保证覆盖所有财务方面的问题 |
[00:36] | I, uh — I’m fine, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[00:38] | I’m already covered. | 已经有过这种覆盖了 |
[00:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[00:41] | Okay, so, all we have left | 现在只剩下 |
[00:45] | is a full accounting of your family’s medical history, | 详细统计你的家庭病史了 |
[00:48] | Starting with your parents. | 从你的父母开始说起 |
[00:49] | Oh, well, that’s gonna be tough. | 这有点难度 |
[00:52] | I never knew their names. | 我一直不知道他们的名字 |
[00:54] | They died in Poland – right about the time I was born. | 他们死在了波兰 在我出生那会 |
[01:02] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[01:03] | Well, it wasn’t your fault. | 又不是你的错 |
[01:05] | Well, then, I have all I need. Thank you. | 那就没别的事了 谢谢你 |
[01:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:09] | I’ll, uh — I’ll show you out. | 我送你出去 |
[01:13] | Sorry again. | 再次表示歉意 |
[01:16] | The average person is said to apologize 12 times a day. | 据说普通人每天要道歉12次 |
[01:20] | Often, it’s to atone for a past wrong, | 通常是为了弥补过去的错误 |
[01:23] | An attempt to heal an old wound. | 尝试治愈一个旧伤 |
[01:25] | But there are some wounds that can never be healed. | 但总有一些伤口是永远好不了的 |
[01:28] | They run too deep. | 因为伤得太深 |
[01:30] | We can always research the archives | 我们可以再去大屠杀纪念馆 |
[01:32] | at the Holocaust museum again. | 查查那些档案 |
[01:35] | Perhaps they found some records about your parents. | 或许他们有一些关于你父母的记录 |
[01:38] | No, they can’t find anything without a last name. | 不可能 连姓都没有 他们不可能找到资料 |
[01:41] | I’ve always wondered about where they might have come from or… | 我一直很好奇他们来自哪里又或者… |
[01:45] | what they might have looked like. | 他们长什么样 |
[01:48] | Anyway, you can dwell on the past or, um… | 无论如何 你可以沉湎于过去 也可以… |
[01:51] | Or what? | 也可以什么 |
[01:53] | Appreciate the present, focus on cheerier things. | 感激当下 专注于更快乐的事 |
[01:59] | Hello. | 喂 |
[02:01] | Just a moment. | 稍等 |
[02:02] | It’s, uh, Jo for you. | 乔找你 |
[02:04] | There’s been a murder. | 又有谋杀案了 |
[02:06] | So much for cheerier things. | 更快乐的事就到此为止了 |
[02:10] | Hello, detective. | 警官 |
[02:19] | My god. | 天呐 |
[02:20] | No, it’s not very pretty, is it? | 不是很美观 是吗 |
[02:23] | Actually, it’s gorgeous. | 事实上 惊为天人 |
[02:30] | It’s an Andolini Venus. | 这是安东里尼的维纳斯 |
[02:32] | A reproduction, obviously. | 显然是个复制品 |
[02:34] | The real one was stolen from the Louvre years ago. | 真品很多年前就在卢浮宫被盗了 |
[02:37] | It’s exquisite nonetheless. | 尽管如此 这个依然相当精致 |
[02:39] | Look how the artist captured the lines of the body | 看看这艺术家勾勒的身体线条 |
[02:42] | almost perfectly. | 近乎完美 |
[02:43] | Fascinating. | 厉害 |
[02:44] | I’m a little more concerned with the body on the floor. | 我还是更关心地上的尸体 |
[02:46] | Guy’s name is Karl Haas. | 死者叫卡尔·哈斯 |
[02:49] | Neighbor said he’s some kind of art dealer. | 邻居说他是一个艺术商 |
[02:51] | Maid found the body this morning, | 今早发现尸体的佣人说 |
[02:52] | said the door was locked from the inside. | 门是从里面反锁的 |
[02:54] | Killer got in through the broken window. | 凶手从被打破的窗户进入室内 |
[02:56] | C.S.I. Tech found blood on the glass. | CSI技术人员在玻璃上发现了血迹 |
[02:58] | They sent it off to the lab. | 已经送去实验室了 |
[02:59] | We can rule out robbery. Guy’s still got his wallet on him. | 可以排除是抢劫 钱包还在身上 |
[03:02] | Nothing seems to be missing from the apartment. | 房间里也好像没少什么东西 |
[03:04] | I would not be so sure about that. | 这我可不敢肯定 |
[03:07] | All these canvases have been cut out of the frames. | 这些帆布都被人从画框中割裂出来了 |
[03:10] | Looks like the killer got away with seven. | 看来凶手带走了七幅画 |
[03:11] | Eight, actually. | 应该是八幅 |
[03:13] | There’s a faint discoloration on the wall | 墙上有一个微弱的变色 |
[03:15] | where a painting hung until recently. | 说明之前一直挂着一幅画 |
[03:17] | The killer must have taken it with him when he left. | 凶手肯定在离开的时候带走了 |
[03:20] | Why would someone cut out seven paintings | 为什么会切坏七幅 |
[03:22] | but take this one, frame and all? | 唯独这幅连框一起带走呢 |
[03:24] | More importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[03:26] | whatever he was struck with must have been extremely heavy. | 砸他的东西肯定非常沉 |
[03:30] | Looks as if it left an imprint on his skull. | 好像在他的头盖骨上留下了一个印记 |
[03:36] | Tell me that is not… | 别告诉我这是… |
[03:38] | A swastika. | 万字符 |
[03:40] | What kind of murder weapon leaves that on a body? | 什么样的凶器能在人身上留下这么个印记呢 |
[03:43] | During the Third Reich, the nazis became obsessive | 在第三帝国时期 纳粹变得非常 |
[03:46] | about marking everything they came into contact with | 热衷于给他们接触到的一切都烙上印记 |
[03:48] | as property of the state, especially items of value. | 以示成为国家财产 尤其是价值连城的东西 |
[03:58] | This statue is the murder weapon. | 这尊雕像是凶器 |
[04:01] | What’s more, it isn’t a fake. | 而且 它不是赝品 |
[04:02] | It’s the actual Andolini Venus, | 这是真的安东里尼维纳斯 |
[04:05] | stolen by the nazis in 1940 as they marched on Paris. | 在1940年纳粹向巴黎进发的时候被他们偷走的 |
[04:09] | So what the hell is it doing in this guy’s apartment? | 那这东西怎么会在这家伙的家里呢 |
[04:27] | Caliper probe. | 卡尺针 |
[04:30] | – Lucas. – Yeah. | -卢卡斯 -在 |
[04:31] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[04:33] | It’s just, a swastika embedded into a dead guy’s head, | 万字符嵌进人脑袋 |
[04:37] | stolen nazi art — | 偷来的纳粹艺术品 |
[04:38] | what is this guy, Indiana Jones? | 这家伙什么来头 印第安纳·琼斯 |
[04:40] | Who’s Indiana Jones? | 谁是印第安纳·琼斯 |
[04:42] | Is that a joke? | 你在说笑吗 |
[04:43] | Seriously? | 认真的 |
[04:44] | Hey, doc. | 医生 |
[04:45] | We did some digging on Karl’s background. | 我们调查了下卡尔的背景 |
[04:47] | Meet his father, | 认识一下他的父亲 |
[04:49] | the S.S. Commandant Otto Heydrich. | 党卫军司令奥特·海德里希 |
[04:52] | Guy was part of Hitler’s inner circle. | 是希特勒核心集团的一员 |
[04:54] | According to his file, | 资料显示 |
[04:55] | Otto Heydrich was head of some task force, | 奥特·海德里希是某个特别小组的头头 |
[04:58] | the Rosenberg Reichsl– | 罗森堡国家 |
[05:00] | Reichsleiter. | 指导总部 |
[05:02] | They were an elite group of S.S. officers | 是一支由党卫队官员组成的精英队伍 |
[05:04] | who were responsible for stealing priceless works of art | 负责在纳粹占领欧洲期间 |
[05:06] | as the nazis conquered Europe. | 盗取无价艺术品 |
[05:08] | Well, after the war, Otto changed his name to “Haas,” | 战争结束后 奥特改名为”哈斯” |
[05:11] | fled to the U.S., | 逃到美国 |
[05:12] | and took a hundred works of art with him. | 同时带了一百多件艺术品 |
[05:15] | He died in New York in 1980 | 他于1980年在纽约去世 |
[05:16] | and left everything to Karl here. | 把一切都留给了现在躺在这里的卡尔 |
[05:19] | Means his dad and him were basically grave robbers. | 意思是他父亲和他基本上就是江洋大盗了 |
[05:21] | If you ask me, this guy got everything he deserved. | 要我说 这个下场都是他咎由自取 |
[05:24] | You might want to keep that to yourself. | 还是憋在心里别说出来了 |
[05:26] | The victim’s son is here. | 死者的儿子到了 |
[05:32] | Did your father have any enemies that you know of? | 你知道你父亲有什么仇人吗 |
[05:36] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[05:37] | But, honestly, I’m the wrong person to ask. | 但说实话 这不能问我 |
[05:41] | I haven’t talked to my dad in a few years. | 我已经好几年没跟我爸爸说过话了 |
[05:43] | We were never really close. | 我们一向不亲近 |
[05:44] | He spent hours locked away in his study with his paintings. | 他总是把自己锁在书房里研究他的画 |
[05:48] | The only time he ever went out was to meet with clients. | 只有要见客户的时候才出来 |
[05:53] | Did your father ever mention | 你爸爸有没有说过 |
[05:54] | where he acquired his art collection? | 这些艺术藏品是从哪里来的 |
[05:58] | From my grandfather. | 我爷爷那 |
[05:59] | He owned a small gallery in Berlin. | 他之前在柏林有一家小美术馆 |
[06:01] | Thankfully, he made it out of Germany with most of the work | 幸好在纳粹掌权之前 他就带着大部分艺术品 |
[06:04] | before the nazis took power. Why? | 逃出了德国 怎么了 |
[06:09] | There are a few things about your family you should know. | 有些跟你家族相关的事你得知道一下 |
[06:15] | Erik, your grandfather wasn’t fleeing the nazis. | 艾瑞克 你爷爷当时不是要逃离纳粹 |
[06:19] | He was one of them. | 他是他们中的一员 |
[06:21] | All the artwork in his collection was stolen, | 他藏品中的所有艺术作品都是偷来 |
[06:23] | then smuggled into the U.S. after the war. | 然后在战后走私到美国的 |
[06:26] | No, there has to, um — | 不可能 肯定… |
[06:28] | there has to be some mistake. | 肯定是弄错了 |
[06:30] | And it seems your father knew of the collection’s provenance, | 并且你父亲似乎也知道这些藏品的出处 |
[06:34] | which likely explains why he was so secretive. | 这也能解释他为何如此神秘 |
[06:39] | This can’t be true. | 这不可能 |
[06:41] | They were both… | 他们都是 |
[06:43] | good men. | 好人 |
[06:52] | Henry Morgan! | 亨利·摩根 |
[06:55] | – Hello, John! – It’s been ages. | -你好 约翰 -好久不见啊 |
[06:58] | Where have you been keeping yourself? | 你最近都去哪了 |
[07:00] | At home, mostly. | 基本都在家 |
[07:01] | My father was taken ill recently, | 我父亲最近生了场病 |
[07:03] | but thankfully, he’s on the mend. | 不过幸好已经在慢慢康复了 |
[07:04] | Oh, good, good. | 那很好 |
[07:06] | Uh, Henry, I believe you know everyone, | 亨利 这里的人估计你都认识 |
[07:08] | with the exception | 除了我们这位 |
[07:10] | of our new friend visiting from the West Indies. | 从西印度群岛来的新朋友 |
[07:12] | This is Nathaniel Hawkes. | 这位是纳撒尼尔·霍克斯 |
[07:14] | Nathaniel, meet Dr. Henry Morgan. | 纳撒尼尔 这位是亨利·摩根医生 |
[07:16] | Pleasure. | 很高兴认识你 |
[07:18] | “Morgan.” | “摩根” |
[07:20] | Any connection to the Morgan Shipping Company? | 跟摩根船舶公司有什么关系吗 |
[07:22] | Yes. As it happens, it’s my father’s business. | 不巧 正是我父亲的公司 |
[07:25] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[07:27] | Yes, your family’s quite well-known in the West Indies. | 你的家族在西印度群岛可谓家喻户晓啊 |
[07:29] | Every day, Morgan shipping vessels arrive in our harbors | 每天摩根船舶到达我们的港口 |
[07:32] | filled, as often as not, with their shameful cargo. | 上面都常常装满了他们不道德的货物 |
[07:36] | What do you mean by that? | 这是什么意思 |
[07:37] | Please, Dr. Morgan. | 行了 摩根医生 |
[07:39] | Your pretense may well be indulged | 可能伦敦舒适的小酒馆 |
[07:40] | in the cozy clubs in London, | 会放任你的虚伪 |
[07:41] | But where I’m from, we call things for what they are. | 不过在我的家乡 我们一向实话实说 |
[07:44] | The Morgan Shipping Company | 摩根船舶公司 |
[07:45] | is an active participant in the slave trade. | 在黑奴贸易中可是积极的参与者 |
[07:47] | I’m afraid you’re mistaken, sir. | 我想你弄错了 先生 |
[07:50] | I myself am not directly involved | 我本身不直接 |
[07:52] | with the family’s business, | 参与家族生意 |
[07:53] | but I can assure you | 但我可以向你保证 |
[07:55] | we have nothing to do with the exchange of slaves. | 我们绝对没有参与黑奴贸易 |
[07:58] | You’ve been mislead. | 你被人误导了 |
[07:59] | Gentlemen, please help me correct this man | 先生们 请你们帮我纠正这位先生 |
[08:02] | for his own good. | 就当为了他好 |
[08:10] | I think it is you who has been mislead. | 我想是你被误导了 |
[08:16] | I told Erik to call us | 我跟艾瑞克说 |
[08:17] | if he came across his father’s client list, | 如果发现了他父亲的客户名单就给我们打电话 |
[08:19] | But I wouldn’t hold my breath. | 但我不会抱太大希望 |
[08:21] | I think he’s still trying to process everything. | 我想他仍然在努力消化一切 |
[08:23] | Must be hard to accept that your father spent his entire life | 自己的爸爸一辈子都从上百万无辜死难者身上赚钱 |
[08:26] | profiting from the death of millions of innocent people. | 这一定很难接受 |
[08:29] | Well, we have to assume whoever killed Karl | 我们只能假定杀害卡尔的人 |
[08:31] | knew about his secret collection. | 知道他的秘密藏品 |
[08:33] | Problem is, this guy had no cellphone, no e-mail, | 问题是这家伙没有手机 没有电子邮箱 |
[08:36] | nothing in his house except for an old landline. | 除了一根老式陆线 房子里什么都没有 |
[08:39] | Then might I suggest we start with his shoes? | 那我建议我们从他的鞋子入手 |
[08:42] | Water stains on his heels show traces of sodium bromide. | 后跟的水渍显示出溴化钠的存在 |
[08:46] | Which, in English, means…? | 用白话文来说就是… |
[08:48] | Seawater. | 海水 |
[08:49] | The soles of his shoes are saturated in carratine, | 他的鞋底都是卡瑞丁 |
[08:53] | which is a highly toxic wood sealant | 是一种剧毒木头密封剂 |
[08:55] | that hasn’t been manufatured since the ’70s. | 从70年代起就不再生产了 |
[08:57] | In fact, the last time carratine was used | 实际上 卡瑞丁的最后一次使用 |
[08:59] | was to treat the boardwalk planks at Brighton Beach. | 是针对布莱顿海滩木板桥上的木板 |
[09:03] | Impressive, but it still doesn’t tell us | 真厉害 但还是没告诉我们 |
[09:04] | where he was going and who he was meeting with. | 他去了哪里 见了谁啊 |
[09:06] | No, but this might. | 是的 但这个可能可以 |
[09:09] | A 1933 Patek Philippe. | 一只1933年产的百达翡丽怀表 |
[09:12] | It’s among the more rare watches of the last century. | 是上世纪稀有表中的一员 |
[09:16] | And it looks to me as if it’s been recently serviced. | 我觉得它最近好像刚保养过 |
[09:19] | It’s pretty nice. | 好漂亮 |
[09:21] | “Nice” is a bit of an understatement. | “漂亮”有点太轻描淡写 |
[09:23] | Figuratively speaking, this is the Lamborghini of timepieces. | 象征性地来说 这就是钟表界的兰博基尼 |
[09:28] | There are only a certain number of watchmakers | 只有少数钟表匠 |
[09:30] | who are qualified to work with this watch. | 有资格接触到这只手表 |
[09:33] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[09:34] | One of them is in Brighton Beach. | 其中一个就在布莱顿海滩 |
[09:43] | Oh, I’m sorry. We’re closed. | 抱歉 我们打烊了 |
[09:45] | Detective Martinez, NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的马丁内兹警探 |
[09:46] | Are you the owner of this shop? | 你是这家店的老板吗 |
[09:49] | Yeah. | 是 |
[09:51] | Eli Swier. What can I do for you? | 我叫艾利·施瑞尔 有什么事 |
[09:54] | We’re looking for information | 我们在搜集一个人的信息 |
[09:55] | on a man we think is one of your customers. | 我们认为他是你的客户 |
[10:00] | He doesn’t look familiar. | 看着不是很眼熟 |
[10:03] | Why do you think he would have been here? | 为什么你们觉得他来过这里 |
[10:05] | Faces can be hard to remember, | 脸是不容易记住 |
[10:07] | but a man like yourself might find this hard to forget. | 但像你这样的人可能会很难忘记这个 |
[10:16] | Where did you get this? | 你们从哪里拿到的 |
[10:17] | We found it on the man I just showed you a photo of. | 刚刚给你看的照片上的那个人那里 |
[10:20] | He was murdered in his apartment last night. | 他昨晚在自己家里被人谋杀了 |
[10:24] | Karl is dead? | 卡尔死了 |
[10:25] | So you do know him? | 你确实认识他 |
[10:27] | Why would you try and hide that from us, Mr. Swier? | 那为什么要对我们隐瞒呢 施瑞尔先生 |
[10:30] | I gave him this watch two days ago. | 这只表是我两天前给他的 |
[10:33] | It was a gift. | 作为礼物 |
[10:34] | This watch is probably worth $50,000. | 这只表的市值可能有五万美元 |
[10:37] | That’s a very generous gift. | 真是慷慨 |
[10:39] | Well, the gift Karl gave to me was far more valuable. | 卡尔给我的礼物更加价值连城 |
[10:43] | Here. | 这个 |
[10:52] | That’s an original Claude Monet, “Water Lilies.” | 这是克劳德·莫奈的原作《睡莲》 |
[10:55] | 1889, judging by its style. | 从风格来看 应该是1889年所作 |
[10:58] | – It’s… – Got to be worth millions. | -这… -肯定值上百万 |
[11:01] | Yes. But for me, it’s priceless. | 没错 但对我来说 这是无价的 |
[11:04] | This painting belonged to my family. | 这幅画属于我的家族 |
[11:06] | See, when the nazis came to power, I was a child. | 纳粹当道的时候 我还是个孩子 |
[11:10] | I was sent to New York. | 被父母送到纽约 |
[11:12] | My parents were arrested, and I never saw them again. | 我父母被抓 之后我就再也没见过他们 |
[11:15] | Then, one day, Karl called, a complete stranger. | 有一天 卡尔打来电话 完完全全的陌生人 |
[11:19] | He said he had tracked down a painting | 他说他查出有一幅画 |
[11:22] | that was rightfully mine. | 应该是正当归属于我的 |
[11:24] | And he — he never asked for a dime, | 而他没有要我一分钱 |
[11:27] | just that I speak of it, of him, to no one. | 只要我不要对人说起这事 说起他 |
[11:29] | Did you ever ask him | 你有没有问过他 |
[11:31] | how he obtained the painting in the first place? | 他是怎么得到这幅画的 |
[11:33] | He told me his father was Otto Heydrich, | 他告诉我说他父亲是奥特·海德里希 |
[11:35] | and that’s why he wanted to return the painting. | 所以他想归还这幅画 |
[11:38] | Karl wanted to return | 卡尔想把他父亲收藏的 |
[11:39] | all of the stolen art in his father’s collection | 所有偷来的艺术品都归还给 |
[11:42] | to the rightful owners. | 合法拥有人 |
[11:44] | All of it? Not just this? | 所有的 不只是这一幅 |
[11:54] | It’s a Goethe quote. | 这是歌德的话 |
[11:57] | “A good man apologizes for the mistakes of the past, | “好人会为过去的错误道歉 |
[12:00] | but a great man corrects them.” | 而伟人会纠正它们” |
[12:03] | Karl Haas was… | 卡尔·哈斯是个 |
[12:05] | was a great man. | 伟大的人 |
[12:13] | So, you’re saying this Karl Haas guy | 所以 你是说这个卡尔·哈斯 |
[12:15] | turned out to be a real mensch. | 原来是个真君子 |
[12:17] | It seems that Karl never sold | 卡尔好像从未出售过他父亲 |
[12:19] | any of the nazi art that his father stole. | 偷来的这些纳粹艺术品 |
[12:21] | In fact, he spent his whole life | 事实上 他一辈子都在想 |
[12:23] | trying to return the art to its rightful heirs. | 把这些艺术品还给它们的合法继承人手上 |
[12:25] | Well, if that’s true, why be so secretive about it? | 如果真是这样 又何必这么神秘呢 |
[12:27] | Well, I suppose one obvious answer is | 我才一个明显的答案就是 |
[12:29] | that he didn’t want to be further associated | 他不想再和他父亲 一个战犯 |
[12:32] | with who his father – really was — a war criminal. | 有更多牵扯 |
[12:36] | Well, I guess it didn’t work out, then. | 那我猜他也没能成功 |
[12:39] | Because he was killed? | 因为被杀了吗 |
[12:40] | No. You said he changed his name, hid out in his apartment, | 不是 你都说了他改名换姓 终日躲在房子里 |
[12:43] | had a crappy relationship with his kid, | 和自己的孩子关系那么奇怪 |
[12:44] | so, uh, he couldn’t escape it. | 所以他逃不掉的 |
[12:47] | Luckily, we’re only responsible for our own sins in this world. | 幸好我们只要负责自己的罪孽就好 |
[12:51] | Can you imagine if I tried to carry around | 如果要我一直背负着你的200年的疯狂 |
[12:52] | your 200 years of craziness? | 这种事你能想像吗 |
[12:54] | Abe… | 亚伯 |
[12:56] | You have been blessed with many gifts, | 你被赐予了很多天赋 |
[12:58] | One of which is having a sin-free father. | 其中一个就是有一个全无罪孽的父亲 |
[13:02] | You know, it’s not just our father’s sins | 我们儿子要负责的不仅是 |
[13:05] | that we sons are not responsible for. | 父亲的罪孽 |
[13:06] | It’s also their scarves. | 还有他们的围巾 |
[13:08] | Honestly would you just butch up? | 说实话 你能男人一点吗 |
[13:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:16] | They ran the sample of blood | 他们匹配了我们在卡尔·哈斯 |
[13:17] | We found on the window at Karl Haas’ apartment. | 房子的窗户上找到的血液样本 |
[13:20] | DNA didn’t match anyone with a criminal record, | DNA没有匹配到任何有犯罪记录的人 |
[13:22] | but they did find it in a different system, | 但他们在另一个不同的系统里找到了 |
[13:24] | something called the A.R.N.? | 叫什么ARN |
[13:26] | The Artistic Registry Network. | 艺术登记网 |
[13:28] | Yes, it’s a DNA database | 这是一个针对20世纪以来的 |
[13:29] | for famous artist from the 20th century. | 著名艺术家所创建的DNA数据库 |
[13:32] | Historians use it | 历史学家们用它来 |
[13:33] | to authenticate works without a signature. | 鉴定没有签名的作品的真伪 |
[13:35] | Are you saying that our suspect is an artiste? | 你的意思是我们的嫌疑犯是个大师 |
[13:38] | Yeah, report says his name is Max Brenner. | 对 报告说他的名字叫马克思·布伦纳 |
[13:40] | Only problem is, he’s got a pretty good alibi. | 关键问题时 他有很好的不在场证明 |
[13:44] | Max Brenner’s been dead for 20 years. | 马克思·布伦纳已经死了20年了 |
[13:47] | You know, you kind of take the fun out of these reveals. | 你把这些慢慢说出来的乐趣都毁了 |
[13:49] | Bring the blood sample to the lab. | 把血样带去实验室 |
[13:51] | I’ll meet you there. | 到时见 |
[13:53] | Good news? | 好消息吗 |
[13:55] | It seems our victim was murdered by a dead man. | 我们的被害人似乎是被一个死人谋杀了 |
[13:57] | Ah, well, I guess I won’t wait up. | 好吧 看来我不用等门了 |
[14:01] | So, maybe I’m missing something. | 也许是我遗漏了什么 |
[14:03] | If this Max Brenner guy’s been dead since the ’90s, | 如果这个叫马克思·布伦纳的人90年代就死了 |
[14:06] | How’d he break into an apartment and kill Karl Haas? | 那他怎么可能进入房子杀了卡尔·哈斯呢 |
[14:09] | Well, it’s quite simple, actually. | 其实非常简单 |
[14:10] | Max Brenner is a zombie nazi hunter. | 马克思·布伦纳是个僵尸纳粹猎人 |
[14:14] | What? We were all thinking it. | 怎么了 大家都这么想的 |
[14:17] | Max Brenner is dead, | 马克思·布伦纳已经死了 |
[14:18] | but his “Y” chromosome is very much alive and well. | 但他的Y染色体仍然活跃健康 |
[14:21] | The “Y” chromosome passes from father to son | Y染色体由父亲遗传给儿子 |
[14:23] | with little variation in the sequence. | 在基因序列上基本没有变化 |
[14:25] | So the sample doesn’t belong to Max. | 所以这个样本不属于马克思 |
[14:28] | But rather someone he’s related to. | 而是某个跟他有血缘关系的人 |
[14:34] | Sam Brenner. | 山姆·布伦纳 |
[14:37] | Sam Brenner. NYPD. Open up. | 山姆·布伦纳 纽约警局 开门 |
[14:45] | Sounds like a chain saw. | 听起来是电锯的声音 |
[15:19] | Drop the chain saw! | 把电锯放下 |
[15:28] | That’s disgusting. | 好恶心 |
[15:29] | What the hell is all this crap? | 这他妈是什么鬼 |
[15:31] | It’s called art. | 这叫艺术 |
[15:34] | NYPD. | 纽约警局 |
[15:36] | We’re investigating a case involving a man named Karl Haas. | 我们在调查一桩事关卡尔·哈斯的案子 |
[15:38] | – Ever heard of him? – Uh, name doesn’t ring a bell. | -听说过他吗 -名字不是很耳熟啊 |
[15:41] | You mind telling us where you were two nights ago? | 介意告诉我们两晚之前你在哪里吗 |
[15:45] | I was here, working. | 在这里 工作 |
[15:47] | Show opens in a week. | 一周之后就要展览了 |
[15:50] | I don’t imagine there was anyone else here | 应该也没有第二个人在这里 |
[15:51] | to verify that, right? | 可以确认这一点吧 |
[15:53] | What’s this all about, anyway? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[15:56] | Hey, be careful with that. You don’t even have gloves on. | 小心点 你连手套都没戴 |
[15:59] | It’s a bit more polished than the rest of this. | 这比其他的都要新一点 |
[16:01] | Better, too, to the untrained eye. | 在门外汉看来 也更好 |
[16:03] | Yeah, it’s the center of my whole exhibition. | 对 这是我整个展览的主题 |
[16:05] | I was just getting ready to ship it to the gallery. | 我只是做好准备把它送去美术馆 |
[16:07] | So you made this? | 是你画的 |
[16:09] | That’s right. | 对 |
[16:12] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[16:19] | You sure you don’t want lawyer? | 你确定不要律师吗 |
[16:21] | No need. I stole the painting. | 不需要 我偷了那幅画 |
[16:23] | It belonged to my grandfather. | 它属于我爷爷 |
[16:25] | I asked Karl to return it a bunch of times, | 我多次提出让卡尔归还 |
[16:27] | but he always shut me down. | 但他总是拒绝 |
[16:28] | That why you killed him? | 所以你杀了他 |
[16:30] | What? | 什么 |
[16:31] | Karl’s dead? | 卡尔死了 |
[16:33] | See, I’m thinking he caught you trying to steal your painting. | 我想的是你想偷画的时候正好被他抓到 |
[16:37] | You two got in a fight. | 你们两个发生了打斗 |
[16:38] | Whoa, whoa, you guys think I did it? | 你们认为是我干的 |
[16:39] | Aw, come on, Sam. | 得了吧 山姆 |
[16:41] | You already admitted that you broke into his apartment. | 你都已经承认你非法进入了他的公寓 |
[16:43] | You got it all wrong. | 你们搞错了 |
[16:45] | I snuck in through the window. | 我从窗户偷溜进去 |
[16:50] | I realized Karl was there. | 发现卡尔在家 |
[16:52] | He was on all the phone, all worked up, | 他在打电话 非常激动 |
[16:55] | arguing with somebody in German, I think. | 应该是用德语在跟谁争论 |
[16:58] | Any idea who he was on the phone with | 知道跟他打电话的是谁吗 |
[17:00] | and what they were arguing about? | 还有他们在吵什么 |
[17:01] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[17:03] | Sogar der Rembrandt! | 连伦勃朗也是 |
[17:04] | But I did hear the name “Rembrandt.” | 但我听到了”伦勃朗”这个名字 |
[17:08] | He was alive when I left. | 我离开的时候他还活着呢 |
[17:11] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[17:16] | I believe he’s telling the truth. | 我相信他说的是实话 |
[17:17] | What makes you so sure? | 为什么这么肯定 |
[17:20] | Sam obviously took great care to preserve his grandfather’s work. | 山姆显然非常小心谨慎地保存着他爷爷的作品 |
[17:25] | But the man who stole the other seven paintings | 但那个偷了其他七幅画的人 |
[17:27] | had no regard for art whatsoever. | 对艺术毫无怜惜之心 |
[17:29] | He sliced them out of their frames like a butcher. | 他就像屠夫一样把它们从画框中切割出来 |
[17:35] | You recognize it? | 你认识这幅画 |
[17:39] | This painting hasn’t been seen since 1939. | 这幅画从1939年开始就消失在了人们视线中 |
[17:43] | Most people thought it had been destroyed. | 大多数人认为它已经被毁了 |
[17:46] | It’s not very pretty, is it? | 不是很好看啊 |
[17:48] | It’s not supposed to be pretty. | 本来也不应该是好看的 |
[17:50] | It’s a representation of the nazi regime. | 这是纳粹政权的再现 |
[17:52] | Max Brenner painted it | 马克思·布伦纳画的 |
[17:53] | To warn the German people of what was coming. | 用来警示德国人即将到来的危难 |
[17:56] | He named it “Todesengel.” | 他将它命名为Todesengel |
[17:59] | What’s Todesengel? | 什么是Todesengel |
[18:01] | “The angel of death.” | 《死亡天使》 |
[18:11] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[18:18] | Could do with a good polishing. | 好好抛光一下还能将就用 |
[18:20] | But it’s, uh — – it’s in excellent condition. | 不过它保存得非常好 |
[18:24] | I’m told it’s Britannia silver from the 1700s. | 据说这是18世纪的不列颠银 |
[18:27] | Is that so? You know, luckily, | 是吗 幸运的是 |
[18:29] | I have a friend who is, uh, an expert in that area. | 我有一个朋友 是这个领域的专家 |
[18:32] | So, if you, uh, leave this with me, | 如果你把这留下 |
[18:34] | I can have him take a look at it when he gets back. | 等他回来后 我可以让他看看 |
[18:36] | The sooner, the better — I only plan to be in New York | 越快越好 我只计划在纽约 |
[18:38] | for the next couple days on business. | 出差几天 |
[18:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:43] | You… | 你… |
[18:44] | were in Auschwitz. | 在奥斯威辛集中营待过 |
[18:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:49] | How’d you know it was Auschwitz? | 你怎么知道是奥斯威辛集中营 |
[18:51] | The triangle underneath the numbers | 数字下面的三角形 |
[18:53] | were only used in select camps, | 只在选中的营地使用 |
[18:54] | and each camp had a different placement | 根据年份的不同 每个营地会 |
[18:57] | for the tattoo on the body depending on which year it was. | 在身体上不同的位置画纹身 |
[19:00] | You were there in 1945, I suspect. | 我猜你是1945年在那里 |
[19:04] | You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the subject. | 你对这个话题真是知之甚多 |
[19:07] | I’m something of an expert. | 我怎么也算个专家了 |
[19:10] | Have your friend call me with an estimate. | 让你的朋友打电话告诉我大概时间 |
[19:14] | Will do. | 没问题 |
[19:15] | I look forward to hearing from him. | 期待接到他的电话 |
[19:18] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:25] | Terrible… | 遗憾 |
[19:27] | Terrible news about Karl. | 对卡尔一事太遗憾了 |
[19:29] | I admired the work that he was doing with his father’s art. | 我很敬佩他对他父亲的艺术品的处理方式 |
[19:33] | His murder seems particularly unjust in light of that. | 鉴于此 他的被害实在是太不公 |
[19:37] | Well, according to phone records, | 通话记录显示 |
[19:38] | he was on the phone with you the night he was murdered. | 他被杀当晚跟你通过电话 |
[19:40] | Our understanding is, it was rather a heated discussion. | 我们觉得 你俩争吵得很激烈 |
[19:44] | I don’t know if I would use the word “Heated.” | 我觉得”激烈”这个词不太恰当 |
[19:46] | Well, things get lost in translation. | 可能在不同语言里意思不一样 |
[19:49] | What were you two fighting about? | 你们在争论什么 |
[19:50] | In addition to our banking services, | 我们除了提供银行服务之外 |
[19:52] | we’re also an international auction house. | 同时也是一间国际拍卖行 |
[19:55] | Karl used our services from time to time | 卡尔偶尔会通过我们以匿名的身份 |
[19:57] | as a sort of silent partner. | 拍卖一些东西 |
[20:00] | He wanted an auction to be moved earlier. | 他希望拍卖时间能提前 |
[20:03] | I said we needed more time. | 我告诉他我们还需要一点时间 |
[20:05] | I’m not sure I follow — as we understand it, | 我有点搞不清楚了 |
[20:08] | Karl was trying to return all the paintings in his collection | 据我所知卡尔是想把他收藏的画 |
[20:11] | to its rightful owners | 物归原主 |
[20:13] | Rather than sell it off for profit. | 而不是卖掉赚钱 |
[20:15] | It’s a delicate situation to explain. | 这事很微妙 很难解释 |
[20:18] | Why don’t you try? | 尽量解释来听听 |
[20:38] | These pieces must be worth millions. | 这些东西得值好几百万 |
[20:41] | More like billions. | 几十亿还差不多 |
[20:43] | Everything you see in here is an orphan. | 这房间里所有的东西都是没有主的 |
[20:45] | We’re a Swiss company. | 我们是一间瑞士公司 |
[20:47] | And since, as I’m sure you know, | 所以你们应该知道 |
[20:48] | Switzerland was neutral during the war — | 瑞士在战时是中立国 |
[20:51] | The nazis used your bank | 纳粹在战后用你们银行 |
[20:53] | to hide their looted art after the war. | 来藏他们掠夺来的艺术品 |
[20:55] | Like Otto Heydrich. | 比如奥特·海德里希 |
[20:57] | We’ve spent years trying to find the owners | 我们花了数年的时间想找到这些艺术品的失主 |
[21:00] | with no luck, | 但运气不佳 |
[21:00] | And we did our best to assist Karl with his collection. | 同时还帮助卡尔寻找他那批藏品的失主 |
[21:03] | But sometimes it’s impossible to find a living next of kin. | 但有时候想找到失主仍在世的亲人 根本不可能 |
[21:08] | But why would Karl keep priceless art | 既然他认识你 为何他还要把 |
[21:10] | In his apartment if he had you? | 那些无价之宝放在自己公寓里 |
[21:12] | He only kept the pieces that were ready to be returned. | 他那里放的都是准备送还的艺术品 |
[21:15] | Do you know which pieces he kept in his apartment? | 你知道在他公寓里都有什么吗 |
[21:17] | Karl was very wary about anyone learning what paintings he had. | 卡尔很忌讳别人知道他家里有什么 |
[21:21] | He feared someone would steal them | 他害怕有人会 |
[21:23] | and sell them for their own profit. | 偷走然后拿去卖 |
[21:26] | It’s disgusting what some people will do for money. | 人为了钱什么都做得出来 |
[21:32] | Please tell me it isn’t true. | 请告诉我这不是真的 |
[21:34] | Henry, it is not that simple. | 亨利 事情没那么简单 |
[21:37] | I’m a learned man, father. | 我是个知识分子 父亲 |
[21:39] | There are no complexities here. | 这事没那么复杂 |
[21:40] | Are you or are you not engaged in the slave trade?! | 你到底有没有参与贩卖奴隶的生意 |
[21:45] | If the answer was “No,” you would have said so already. | 如果答案是没有 你早就说了 |
[21:49] | Wait. | 等等 |
[21:52] | You always had a gift for seeing the truth in things. | 你总是能够明辨是非 |
[21:57] | Except my father. | 但我看错了你 |
[21:58] | Three years ago, business turned. | 三年前生意开始衰落 |
[22:01] | I borrowed money at great interest. | 我借了高利贷 |
[22:03] | Everything — not just this company, | 把所有的一切 不仅是这间公司 |
[22:04] | but all that we had, the entire family estate — | 还有我们家族所有的一切财产 |
[22:07] | was mortgaged. | 拿来做抵押 |
[22:10] | I was forced… to look for other means. | 我不得不用其他手段来挣钱 |
[22:13] | But why? | 为什么偏偏是这个 |
[22:16] | You always espoused the evils of slavery. | 你一直认为奴隶交易是邪恶的 |
[22:20] | And that remains my opinion, but — | 我现在仍然这么认为 但是… |
[22:22] | Not your principle. | 但你原则变了 |
[22:34] | I thought you were a good man. | 我还以为你是好人 |
[22:44] | What — no bodies, so you’re doing an autopsy on a frame? | 找不到尸体你就对画框做尸检吗 |
[22:47] | Not an autopsy. More of a diagnosis. | 不 应该说是检测 |
[22:49] | Before a canvas was painted, | 以前的大师习惯在作画前 |
[22:50] | old masters used – different extracts to treat it. | 用不同的原料涂在画布上 |
[22:54] | Vermeer washed his canvases with egg yolk. | 维米尔会用蛋黄洗他的画布 |
[22:57] | Van Gogh used earth and sand pigments. | 梵高习惯用土砂颜料 |
[23:00] | Now, see, if you can isolate what extracts were used, | 你看 如果能把其中的原料分离出来 |
[23:03] | You can tell who painted it. | 就能知道这幅画是出自谁手 |
[23:06] | This canvas is dutch linen. | 这幅画的画布是细实亚麻布 |
[23:08] | Fiber content dates it to around 1630, | 根据纤维含量来看大概在1630年左右 |
[23:12] | and judging by the pigment contents, | 而根据颜料的成分来看 |
[23:16] | I’d say this frame contained a Rembrandt. | 我认为这是伦勃朗的画 |
[23:18] | All that from a piece of fabric? | 就从这么点东西里就知道了 |
[23:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:22] | You mustn’t touch it without gloves. | 你不能不戴手套碰它 |
[23:24] | Rembrandt used extracts of lead | 伦勃朗会在画布上 |
[23:26] | and poison oak oil to treat his canvases. | 涂铅和毒葛油的提取物 |
[23:28] | Touch it with your bare hands, and you’ll get a nasty rash. | 赤手碰到会得皮疹的 |
[23:36] | When we were questioning Julian, he was rubbing his hands. | 我们问朱利安问题的时候 他一直在挠手 |
[23:39] | I thought it was a nervous tick. | 我还以为他是紧张 |
[23:41] | But he was scratching them raw because of contact dermatitis. | 但他是因为痒 因为得了接触性皮炎 |
[23:45] | It’s possible that he was exposed to poison oak. | 很可能是他接触过毒葛油 |
[23:47] | Sam said he heard Karl arguing with somebody | 山姆说他听见卡尔在电话里和某人争执 |
[23:49] | on the phone about a Rembrandt. | 关于伦勃朗的事情 |
[23:51] | The last Rembrandt sold at auction | 伦勃朗上一副被拍卖的画 |
[23:52] | fetched almost $30 million. | 售价高达三亿 |
[23:54] | And because there was no record for the painting, | 并且因为那些画都没有记录 |
[23:56] | Nobody even knew it was there. | 没人知道它曾经在那里 |
[23:59] | Hanson, I need a warrant. | 汉森 我需要一张搜查令 |
[24:01] | Suspect’s name is Julian Glausser. | 嫌犯的名字是朱利安·格拉瑟 |
[24:04] | We’ve alerted our security team at all exits. | 我们已经通知了出口处所有的警卫 |
[24:06] | Mr. Glausser will not get out of the building. | 格拉瑟先生是绝对逃不出去的 |
[24:08] | – Have you seen him today? – Only this morning. | -你今天见过他吗 -早上见过 |
[24:10] | He said he was headed to the vault | 他说他要去地下室 |
[24:11] | to prepare a shipment. | 准备运一批货 |
[24:20] | My god. | 老天 |
[24:22] | It’s all… | 全都… |
[24:23] | Gone. | 不见了 |
[24:25] | Along with our suspect. | 和我们的嫌犯一起失踪了 |
[24:33] | All right, we got a bolo out on your art dealer, Julian Glausser. | 我们已经对你的艺术商朱利安·格拉瑟发出通缉令 |
[24:36] | Also notified the fed’s art crime unit | 还通知了联邦调查局的艺术品犯罪部门 |
[24:38] | In case this guy tries to move anything on the black market. | 以防他想要把东西放到黑市上去卖 |
[24:41] | Smart thing would be to get them | 聪明的做法是把东西运到国外 |
[24:42] | out of the country, wait for things to die down. | 等待风声过去 |
[24:44] | We’ll keep an eye on the train stations and the airports. | 我们会盯紧火车站和机场 |
[24:46] | You know, I’m thinking with a load this size, | 我在想 以那批艺术品的大小 |
[24:48] | he might try and move it the same way the nazis did. | 他也许会用纳粹当年的手法 |
[24:51] | I’m supposed to guess? | 你是想让我猜吗 |
[24:52] | By boat. | 海运 |
[24:54] | Judge will never issue a warrant based on a hunch. | 法官是不会根据你的直觉发搜查令的 |
[24:56] | I mean, there’s no way to get access to the docks, Jo. | 我们没办法查码头 乔 |
[24:59] | Not unless we knew someone who worked there. | 除非我们有熟人在那里工作 |
[25:02] | Your brother Anthony still the foreman at the pier? | 你哥哥安东尼还是码头的船坞长吗 |
[25:04] | No. Terrible, terrible idea. | 不 这个主意太糟糕了 |
[25:06] | Come on. If we let that shipment leave, | 拜托 如果让那艘船跑了 |
[25:07] | we’re not gonna see the art or Julian again. | 我们永远都找不到那些艺术品和朱利安了 |
[25:09] | Don’t gi– | 别… |
[25:12] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[25:14] | I’ll call him. | 我打给他 |
[25:15] | The things I do for art. | 我这是为了艺术 |
[25:30] | Abe, where did you get this? | 亚伯 这是哪儿来的 |
[25:32] | This guy brought it by earlier looking to sell it. | 早些时候一个男人拿来想要卖掉 |
[25:35] | Said it was 18th-century Britannia silver, | 说是18世纪的不列颠银 |
[25:38] | so I thought you might be able to authenticate it. | 所以我想你应该可以鉴定真伪 |
[25:40] | Trays like this were very rare, even in the 1700s. | 即使在18世纪 这样的托盘也很少见 |
[25:44] | Only the wealthiest families could afford them. | 只有最富有的家庭才拥有它们 |
[25:47] | You have to look for the family crest. | 你得看看它的家徽 |
[26:08] | Abe, the man who brought this in — | 亚伯 拿这个来的男人 |
[26:11] | what did he look like? | 长什么样 |
[26:12] | Just a regular guy, I guess. | 就是个普通人 |
[26:14] | He had on one of those old-time tweed hats, | 戴着一个很复古的花呢帽 |
[26:17] | You know, like the cabbies used to wear. | 就像以前出租车司机戴的那种 |
[26:22] | He left a card. | 他留了张名片 |
[26:24] | I told him I had a friend who was, | 我跟他说我有个朋友 |
[26:26] | fairly familiar with that time period, so to speak. | 对那个年代的东西很熟悉 |
[26:29] | It’s a pretty rare tray, | 这是个很罕见的托盘 |
[26:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[26:35] | Yes. I’ll give him a call now and take care of this. | 没事 我联系他 交给我吧 |
[26:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:56] | That silver tray was not easy to find, you know. | 那个银托盘可不容易找 |
[27:00] | But seeing as how we’re old friends now… | 但念在我们这么久的交情… |
[27:04] | We’re not friends. | 我跟你没交情 |
[27:06] | Nonetheless, I wanted to give you it in person. | 但我还是想亲自把它交给你 |
[27:09] | It gave me a chance to meet Abe. | 也只有这样我才能见到亚伯 |
[27:11] | I don’t know what game you’re playing, | 我不知道你在玩什么把戏 |
[27:13] | but if you so much as touch Abraham, | 但你如果敢碰亚伯拉罕一下 |
[27:16] | you’ll live to regret it. | 我会让你后悔的 |
[27:18] | As opposed to what? | 不然你要如何 |
[27:20] | What do you want? | 你到底想要什么 |
[27:22] | I’ve come to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[27:24] | My actions at Christmas were… a bit overzealous. | 我在圣诞节做的事情有点太过了 |
[27:28] | Stay away from me. | 离我远一点 |
[27:30] | I read about the case you’re working on in the papers. | 我在报纸上看到了你正在办的一件案子 |
[27:33] | I happened to know | 我在战时 |
[27:34] | Karl Haas’ father quite well during the war. | 恰好和卡尔·哈斯的父亲很熟 |
[27:39] | That doesn’t surprise me. | 意料之中 |
[27:41] | I can imagine you felt quite at home among the nazis. | 可以想像你在一群纳粹人中有多么如鱼得水 |
[27:45] | I was not a nazi… | 我不是纳粹 |
[27:48] | Which is why you can be assured | 所以你就该知道 |
[27:49] | that I would never touch a hair on Abraham’s head. | 我是不会动亚伯拉罕一根汗毛的 |
[27:53] | You see, just as I share something with you, | 就像我会跟你分享某些事情 |
[27:57] | I do with him, as well. | 我和他也是一样 |
[28:00] | You remember the camps, Henry. | 你还记得集中营吧 亨利 |
[28:03] | It’s the smell that I remember most. | 我对那里印象最深刻的是味道 |
[28:07] | The smell of death. | 死亡的味道 |
[28:10] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远不会忘记 |
[28:12] | You can imagine how an immortal | 你可以想象 |
[28:14] | might eventually come to stick out in such a place. | 一个永生的人出现在那里会是什么下场 |
[28:19] | When the nazis learned about my condition, | 当纳粹发现了我的这一情况 |
[28:22] | They introduced me to a very special doctor… | 他们把我转给了一位很特殊的医生 |
[28:26] | Josef Mengele. | 乔瑟夫·门格勒 |
[28:32] | Hitler was obsessed with the idea of immortality. | 希特勒对永生非常着迷 |
[28:37] | Mengele was obsessed with giving the Fuehrer what he wanted. | 门格勒则一心想要完成元首的心愿 |
[28:41] | The experiments they performed on me did not yield any results, | 他们在我身上所做的实验没有得出任何结果 |
[28:44] | But that didn’t stop them from trying. | 但这无法阻止他们实验 |
[28:49] | Take it from me, Henry. | 相信我 亨利 |
[28:52] | There are evils in this world | 这世界上有些人的邪恶程度 |
[28:53] | that even you haven’t encountered. | 是连你都没见识过的 |
[28:59] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[29:01] | I appreciate the sentiment, but all that matters to me now | 多谢你的同情 不过现在最重要的 |
[29:05] | Is getting back one of the things the nazis took from me — | 是从纳粹那里取回他们从我这里夺走的东西 |
[29:09] | A Roman dagger from 44 B.C. | 一把公元前44年的罗马匕首 |
[29:12] | Seeing as how you’re on the case | 既然你正在办那件案子 |
[29:14] | and Abe works in the antiques trade, | 亚伯又在做古玩生意 |
[29:15] | I would appreciate it if you kept an eye out for it | 我希望你们能帮我留意一下 |
[29:18] | as…a favor. | 就当帮我一个忙 |
[29:21] | A favor? | 帮忙 |
[29:23] | For you? | 帮你的忙 |
[29:25] | There might be something I can give you in return. | 我也许能给你一点东西作为答谢 |
[29:28] | You have nothing I want. | 你没有我想要的东西 |
[29:32] | I wouldn’t be so sure, Henry. | 凡事无绝对 亨利 |
[29:42] | So, let me get this straight. | 所以你的意思是 |
[29:43] | You want me to stop shipment on all la retuea containers | 你们想我停止码头上所有的装卸货 |
[29:46] | just so you can go on a little scavenger hunt? | 好让你们在里面找你要的东西 |
[29:48] | Anthony, we just want to take a look | 安东尼 我们只想查看一下 |
[29:49] | at the ones you loaded in the last 10 hours. | 过去10小时里你们装的货 |
[29:51] | That is so typical of you. Take, take, take — | 你就是这样 只求不报 |
[29:54] | My toys, my halloween candy, my prom date. | 我的玩具 万圣节糖果 舞会女伴 |
[29:57] | Okay, okay. Enough with the sibling rivalry. | 好了 别再说这些兄弟情仇了 |
[30:00] | We are trying to track down a murder suspect. | 我们是在找一起谋杀案的嫌犯 |
[30:02] | Are you gonna let us in or not? | 你到底帮不帮我们 |
[30:05] | On two conditions. | 两个条件 |
[30:07] | First off, I got a few parking tickets | 首先 我有几张 |
[30:10] | from you fine folks at the NYPD. | 你们警局同仁开给我的违规停车罚单 |
[30:12] | I’d like to see those dismissed. | 我希望你们帮我销掉 |
[30:14] | And your other condition? | 第二呢 |
[30:16] | He’s got to apologize. | 他得跟我道歉 |
[30:17] | – For what?! – Take your pick! | -道什么歉 -随便你 |
[30:20] | I’m sorry I slept with your prom date. | 对不起 我睡了你的舞会女伴 |
[30:23] | Was that so hard? | 这不是挺容易的吗 |
[30:25] | Which one do you want me to open? | 你们要看哪一个 |
[30:29] | How about the one that’s bleeding? | 先从在滴血的这个开始吧 |
[30:34] | Dock master to crane two. | 船坞长呼叫二号吊车 |
[30:35] | Bring that hold down now. | 把货放下来 |
[30:45] | That’s Julian. | 那是朱利安 |
[30:48] | More like was. | 死了有一会儿了 |
[30:55] | We checked the security footage from the docks. | 我们查了码头的监视录像 |
[30:58] | We didn’t see anything. | 什么都没看到 |
[30:59] | Looks like Julian’s killer got away clean. | 看来杀朱利安的凶手没有留下线索 |
[31:01] | Maybe by the police, | 警察也许找不到线索 |
[31:02] | but nothing gets past this office. | 但在这里可不一定 |
[31:05] | And by that, I mean Henry found something. | 我的意思是亨利有发现 |
[31:07] | It seems that Julian fought back. | 朱利安死前与凶手搏斗过 |
[31:10] | I found a piece of the killer’s skin | 我在他的戒指里 |
[31:12] | embedded in his ring. | 找到了一点凶手的皮肤组织 |
[31:13] | I’ll go ahead and take that to the lab. | 我现在就送去实验室 |
[31:16] | Looks like we can rule out Julian as Karl’s killer. | 看来我们可以排除朱利安杀害卡尔的嫌疑了 |
[31:19] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[31:20] | I don’t believe that Karl and Julian | 我认为杀害卡尔和朱利安的凶手 |
[31:22] | were killed by the same man. | 不是同一个人 |
[31:24] | Why do you say that? | 为何这么说 |
[31:25] | The two bodies reflect emotions of two very different killers. | 两人的死法表达出凶手截然不同的两种情绪 |
[31:29] | Julian was tortured, | 朱利安是被人折磨至死 |
[31:31] | beaten over the course of several hours. | 凶手连续殴打了他几个小时 |
[31:33] | Whoever killed Julian was sadistic | 杀害朱利安的人一定是个虐待狂 |
[31:35] | and had a seething hatred for him. | 而且非常恨他 |
[31:38] | Now, Karl, by comparison, was killed swiftly, | 相比之下 卡尔死得干净利落 |
[31:41] | a single blow to the head in a moment of rage. | 凶手只因一时的愤怒重击了他的头部 |
[31:44] | Then the killer respectfully posed his body. | 之后还将他的尸体摆好 |
[31:48] | Karl’s killer had a certain reverence towards him… | 杀死卡尔的凶手对他有着某种尊重 |
[31:53] | almost love. | 甚至可以说是爱 |
[31:53] | He smashed him over the head with a statue. | 他用雕像重击他头部的动作 |
[31:56] | seems more like anger. | 更像是因为愤怒 |
[31:57] | Sometimes, the people we love | 有些时候 我们爱的人 |
[32:00] | are the ones who anger us the most. | 是最能激发我们愤怒情绪的人 |
[32:10] | I was afraid you wouldn’t come. | 我很怕你不会回来 |
[32:13] | They told me you were leaving for the colonies. | 我听说你要去殖民地了 |
[32:22] | The ship leaves in three weeks. | 三周之后的船 |
[32:26] | Nora will come to join me in the spring. | 诺拉春天的时候会来找我 |
[32:29] | There’s something I need to give you before you go. | 你走之前 有些东西我要给你 |
[32:35] | Whatever it is, father, I cannot accept it. | 无论是什么 父亲 我都不能接受 |
[32:39] | That’s your choice. | 随你 |
[32:41] | But know it was given to me by my father, | 但这是我父亲传给我的 |
[32:44] | and to him by his father. | 你祖父传给他的 |
[32:57] | Your watch? | 你的表 |
[33:00] | It belongs to the Morgan family. | 这是摩根家族的传家宝 |
[33:03] | There are two things we are charged with | 亨利 人的一生 |
[33:05] | in this life, Henry | 要承担两件事 |
[33:07] | Living with our mistakes | 接受我们所犯下的错误 |
[33:11] | and endeavoring to learn from them, | 然后努力从错误中学习 |
[33:15] | to be better men because of them. | 使自己成为更好的人 |
[33:18] | No matter what you think of me, | 不论你是怎么想我的 |
[33:21] | I know I have raised a good man. | 我知道我抚养出了一个好男儿 |
[33:36] | Father… | 父亲 |
[33:39] | I… | 我… |
[34:05] | When Karl was struck in the head, | 当卡尔头部受到重击时 |
[34:07] | the blow damaged his cerebral function, | 他的大脑功能受到损坏 |
[34:09] | severing his ocular reflexes. | 切断了他眼睛的反射中枢 |
[34:13] | His eyes would have been open when we found him. | 所以我们找到他时 眼睛应该是睁开的 |
[34:16] | Why would the killer bother closing his eyes? | 为什么凶手要多此一举帮他合眼 |
[34:18] | Because even the most fraught relationships | 因为不管父子之间 |
[34:20] | between fathers and sons | 关系差到何种地步 |
[34:22] | aren’t entirely without love. | 都断不了父子间的那份爱 |
[34:27] | Good news, Erik. | 好消息 艾瑞克 |
[34:28] | We found the artwork | 我们找到了你父亲公寓里 |
[34:29] | that was stolen from your father’s apartment. | 失窃的那些艺术品 |
[34:31] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[34:34] | We also found your fingerprints on his eyelids, | 奇怪的是 我们还在他的眼皮上 |
[34:37] | which is a bit odd. | 找到了你的指纹 |
[34:41] | You were there that night. | 那晚你和他在一起 |
[34:49] | It was an accident, I swear. | 那是个意外 我发誓 |
[34:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:55] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[34:57] | I went to see him because I got a call | 我去找他是因为接到了 |
[34:59] | from Julian Glausser, | 朱利安·格拉瑟的电话 |
[35:02] | The man he worked with at the auction house. | 那个在拍卖行工作的男人 |
[35:05] | He told me where my father’s art collection came from. | 他告诉了我我父亲的收藏是怎么来的 |
[35:08] | You knew it was nazi art when you spoke with us. | 你之前在局里的时候 知道那些艺术品是纳粹抢来的 |
[35:12] | I didn’t believe him about any of it. | 我之前并不相信他 |
[35:15] | But then I followed my father out to Brighton Beach | 然后我跟踪我父亲到布莱顿海滩 |
[35:17] | and watched him give away this painting, | 亲眼看到他把画送给别人 |
[35:20] | a Monet worth god knows how much. | 一副莫奈价值连城的画 |
[35:23] | And here I am struggling to pay my rent. | 而我还挣扎着想办法付房租 |
[35:31] | Later that night, I went over to my father’s to talk about it. | 稍晚的时候 我去找他聊这件事情 |
[35:37] | And we fought. | 然后吵了起来 |
[35:41] | And you killed him. | 你失手杀了他 |
[35:47] | And then you killed Julian. | 然后又杀了朱利安 |
[35:52] | What? | 什么 |
[35:53] | Julian’s dead? | 朱利安死了 |
[35:54] | Erik, now is not the time to start playing games. | 艾瑞克 现在就别再玩什么把戏了 |
[35:57] | I didn’t kill Julian. | 我没有杀朱利安 |
[35:59] | I gave him the art to sell. | 我委托他帮我把那些艺术品卖掉 |
[36:01] | I needed him. Why would I kill him? | 我需要他 为什么要杀他 |
[36:09] | I ran the DNA samples of Julian’s killer | 我在数据库里查了 |
[36:11] | through the database. | 杀害朱利安凶手的DNA |
[36:12] | Let me guess. It doesn’t match Erik Haas’ DNA. | 让我猜猜 与艾瑞克·哈斯的DNA不符 |
[36:14] | Not unless Erik once had the bubonic plague. | 除非艾瑞克曾得过黑死病 |
[36:17] | Lucas, what are you talking about? | 卢卡斯 你在说什么 |
[36:19] | Okay. you know human blood has all these antibodies | 你知道当人接触到各种疾病时 |
[36:21] | from diseases that, | 我们的血液里 |
[36:23] | we’ve come into contact with, right? | 会产生各种抗体 对吗 |
[36:25] | The killer’s blood has antibodies | 那个凶手的血液里 |
[36:27] | from diseases that don’t even exist anymore. | 有着各种已经绝迹了的疾病的抗体 |
[36:29] | “Yersinia pestis, protrusion fever, cyprian cough…” | 鼠疫杆菌以及各种瘟疫 |
[36:32] | I mean, for someone to have all those diseases in his system, | 得过这么多病的人 |
[36:35] | They’ve got to be, like… | 估计得有… |
[36:36] | 2,000 years old. | 两千岁了 |
[36:46] | So, Erik killed his old man and then stole the paintings? | 所以艾瑞克杀了他父亲并偷了那些画 |
[36:49] | Yep. And then he called Julian to ask him to help sell them. | 没错 然后他委托朱利安去卖掉 |
[36:53] | The guy was only too happy after all those years | 朱利安当然高兴得不得了 |
[36:55] | of not making any money off Karl. | 毕竟这么多年卡尔都没让他挣到钱 |
[36:57] | And, doc, did you get any DNA results | 医生 朱利安身上的DNA |
[36:58] | off of Julian’s body? | 有结果了吗 |
[37:01] | No. The results were inconclusive. | 没有 毫无结果 |
[37:04] | But I’m sure you have a theory. | 但你应该多少有点想法吧 |
[37:06] | Actually, no. | 倒也没有 |
[37:08] | I’m stumped. | 难倒我了 |
[37:09] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[37:10] | No, no, he’s messing with you, Jo. | 他肯定逗我们玩儿呢 乔 |
[37:11] | Come on, doc. What’s the theory? | 说吧 医生 你的猜想是什么 |
[37:13] | Just that Julian clearly got involved | 我的猜想是朱利安惹到了 |
[37:15] | with some nefarious people. | 一些不该惹的人 |
[37:16] | That’s not a theory. | 这才不是你的猜想 |
[37:18] | There are some things in this world | 这个世界上有些事情 |
[37:19] | for which there are no answers. | 是没有答案的 |
[37:21] | But you weren’t unsuccessful. | 但你们也不算失败 |
[37:23] | You caught Karl Haas’ killer. | 因为你们抓到了卡尔·哈斯的凶手 |
[37:25] | But Julian’s killer is still out there. | 但杀害朱利安的凶手仍然逍遥法外 |
[37:27] | Yes, and I’m sure we’ll find a way | 是的 但我相信我们很快 |
[37:29] | to bring him to justice soon. | 就可以将他缉拿归案 |
[37:31] | Who says it’s a “Him”? | 你怎么知道是“他”不是“她” |
[37:33] | Just a theory. | 一个猜想罢了 |
[37:36] | I’m glad you decided to sell it. | 我很高兴你决定卖掉它 |
[37:39] | You should have seen the look on my friend’s face | 你真该看看我朋友 |
[37:40] | when I showed it to him. | 看到这东西时的表情 |
[37:41] | I mean, he could hardly believe it. | 他一副难以相信的样子 |
[37:43] | I can imagine. | 我可以想象 |
[37:45] | So, have you enjoyed your stay here in New York? | 你在纽约住的这几天还好吗 |
[37:47] | Unfortunately, I didn’t find what I was looking for, | 很遗憾我没有找到我要的东西 |
[37:50] | but I did find something else interesting. | 但我找到了一些其他有意思的东西 |
[37:54] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[37:56] | Just a moment. | 稍等 |
[37:59] | I’ll be right back with your receipt. | 我去给你拿收据 |
[38:13] | Hello? | 人呢 |
[38:39] | Abraham? | 亚伯拉罕 |
[38:42] | Sorry. I didn’t hear you come in. | 抱歉 我没听到你回来 |
[38:45] | What’s that you’re looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[38:47] | I’m reading about Herman and Reba Weinraub. | 我在看关于赫尔曼和里芭·温瑞布的东西 |
[38:50] | Who are Herman and Reba Weinraub? | 赫尔曼和里芭·温瑞布是谁 |
[38:54] | My parents. | 我父母 |
[38:56] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[38:58] | I could hardly believe it myself. | 我自己都不敢相信 |
[39:00] | But it’s all in here. | 但全都记在这里了 |
[39:02] | All the names, tattoo numbers — | 所有的名字 刺青编号 |
[39:05] | All lost records of Auschwitz. | 所有奥斯维辛遗失的记录 |
[39:15] | Abraham, where did you get this? | 亚伯拉罕 这个你从哪里找到的 |
[39:17] | That man, the one who brought in the silver tray — | 那个带银托盘的男人 |
[39:20] | He just came in and left it. | 他刚才来留下了这个 |
[39:22] | There might be something I can give you in return. | 我也许能给你一点东西作为答谢 |
[39:25] | You have nothing I want. | 你没有我想要的东西 |
[39:27] | I wouldn’t be so sure, Henry. | 凡事无绝对 亨利 |
[39:31] | Like some kind of angel or something. | 他就好像天使一样 |
[39:35] | I’m afraid he wasn’t an angel, Abe. | 我看他不是什么天使 亚伯 |
[39:39] | That man you met… | 你见到的那个人 |
[39:41] | was Adam. | 是亚当 |
[39:43] | Henry, why didn’t you tell me he was back? | 亨利 你怎么不告诉我他回来了 |
[39:44] | I needed to find out why he had returned, | 我得查出他为什么要回来 |
[39:48] | what he wanted. | 他回来的目的 |
[39:50] | It seems he wants to make amends of sorts. | 看起来他是回来道歉的 |
[39:54] | He mentioned you, | 他提到了你 |
[39:55] | that he had no intention of harming you | 说他没有伤害你的意图 |
[39:58] | because of what you’d been through — | 因为你的经历… |
[40:00] | what you’d both been through. | 你和他有着相同的经历 |
[40:07] | That’s why he said he was an expert. | 所以他才说他是专家 |
[40:10] | It’s hard to believe that Adam is capable of a kind gesture, | 很难相信亚当会有这种举动 |
[40:14] | but I believe that ledger is his way of apologizing. | 但我相信这就是他道歉的方式 |
[40:18] | But that doesn’t change what he did to me. | 但这也不能改变他对我的所作所为 |
[40:21] | And god knows what he’s done to others. | 以及他对别人的所作所为 |
[40:23] | No. No, it doesn’t. | 不 是不会 |
[40:26] | But it does mean something. | 但这至少证明了一件事 |
[40:29] | What? | 什么 |
[40:30] | That he’s been a victim, too. | 他也是一个受害者 |
[40:35] | Atonement can take many forms — | 赎罪有许多种方式 |
[40:38] | A heartfelt apology, | 一句诚挚的道歉 |
[40:40] | a grand gesture, | 一件善意的举动 |
[40:42] | a silent prayer, | 一次无声的祈祷 |
[40:45] | or something more complex, | 或是以某种更复杂 |
[40:47] | more gray, | 更阴暗 |
[40:49] | more difficult to decipher. | 更加难以理解的方式 |
[40:52] | I-I would like to see if there’s any, information, | 我想看看有没有与我父母有关的 |
[40:56] | o-or possessions relating to my parents. | 信息或所有物 |
[41:00] | Your name? | 您的名字 |
[41:05] | Weinraub. | 温瑞布 |
[41:07] | Abraham Weinraub. | 亚拉伯罕·温瑞布 |
[41:09] | And while it’s true | 虽然不论如何赎罪 |
[41:10] | that no amount of atonement can ever change the past, | 都不会改变它曾经所造成的伤害 |
[41:14] | It does have the power to heal us, | 但它仍会治愈我们 |
[41:17] | to restore relationships and connections | 让我们找回曾以为永久失去了的 |
[41:20] | we thought were lost forever. | 情感以及联系 |
[41:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:30] | I never thought I’d be this nervous. | 我从没想过我会这么紧张 |
[41:49] | Oh my. | 天啊 |
[42:06] | I guess I know now where I get my good looks. | 我终于知道我为什么这么帅了 |