时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Henry, look at us. | 亨利 看看我们俩 |
[00:11] | We’re ridiculous. | 我们俩太可笑了 |
[00:12] | A ridiculous love story. | 可笑的爱情故事 |
[00:15] | This is the last time I heard from her. | 这是她最后一次跟我联系 |
[00:17] | It was a week after she disappeared. | 在她失踪后一星期 |
[00:19] | She only wanted time to think, to be alone. | 她只是需要时间想一想 独自待着 |
[00:23] | I’m sorry, but I don’t think she wants to be found. | 很抱歉 但我认为她并不希望被找到 |
[00:27] | Should have known Mom would be living under an alias. | 早该知道妈妈会改名换姓的 |
[00:30] | Sylvia Blake? | 西尔维娅·布莱克 |
[00:31] | And I should have known | 我早该知道 |
[00:32] | she’d combine the names of our favorite poets. | 她会用我们最喜欢的诗人名字来做组合 |
[00:35] | To think that she lived so close all these years. | 想想这些年她住得如此之近 |
[00:38] | All these years? | 这些年 |
[00:39] | Dad, she was in her ’70s when she left. | 老爸 她离开时都七十多岁了 |
[00:41] | And? | 那又怎样 |
[00:42] | Well, that might not seem so old to you, | 七十多岁对你来说可能不太老 |
[00:43] | but to us mortals… | 但是对我们普通人来说 |
[00:45] | Yes. You’re right. | 是 你说得没错 |
[00:46] | Chances are she died years ago. | 她可能已经过世多年 |
[00:49] | Certainly beats the alternative | 相比之下 我更喜欢她 |
[00:50] | that she simply forgot about us. | 只是遗忘了我们这个选项 |
[00:52] | Come on. That’s not the Mom I remember. | 别这样 我印象中的妈妈不是那样的 |
[00:56] | Why don’t we go to her last address | 不如我们去一趟她最近的地址 |
[00:58] | and see who else might remember? | 看看还有谁记得她 |
[00:59] | Yes. | 好 |
[01:01] | I’ll drive. | 我来开车 |
[01:02] | I’m not letting you get anywhere near my car. | 我不会让你接近我的车 |
[01:04] | Sorry, Dad, but I’m mortal. | 抱歉 老爸 我可是个普通人 |
[01:10] | 75 bucks for lessons. | 授课费七十五块 |
[01:12] | And– and that’s not including | 而且还不包括 |
[01:14] | the lift tickets, the ski rental, the food? | 缆车票 滑雪器具租用费以及食物 |
[01:17] | I’m the one taking them skiing, remember? | 我是要带他们去滑雪 |
[01:20] | But can’t we at least try to love them on a budget, Karen? | 但我们能不能在预算内来爱他们 凯伦 |
[01:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[01:26] | You there? | 还在吗 |
[01:28] | That was… amazing. | 很了不起 |
[01:30] | Seriously, why are you here? | 说真的 你在这干嘛 |
[01:31] | I thought you and Isaac were in Paris. | 你不是和艾萨克去巴黎了吗 |
[01:33] | That fell through. | 泡汤了 |
[01:34] | What, the trip or the relationship? | 旅行还是你们之间的关系 |
[01:37] | Both. | 两者皆有 |
[01:39] | Sorry to hear it. | 很遗憾听到这话 |
[01:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:41] | Sorry for me. | 我感到遗憾 |
[01:42] | Look, Jo, the only reason I took time off | 乔 我之所以要休假 |
[01:44] | is ’cause you were gonna be gone. | 是因为你本来也要休假 |
[01:45] | I don’t want to get stuck here partnered up with these bozos. | 我不想待在这里和这些笨蛋一起合作 |
[01:48] | It’s a family ski trip. Just go have a good time. | 一家人滑雪旅行 好好去享受吧 |
[01:51] | Henry and I will hold down the fort. | 我和亨利会处理这些事务的 |
[01:53] | You didn’t hear? | 你没听说吗 |
[01:55] | Gone? Where did he go? | 走了 走去哪了 |
[01:57] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[01:58] | Big guy said he needed a few personal days. | 老大说他需要请几天假 |
[02:00] | I don’t blame him. | 不怪他 |
[02:01] | Did he say why? | 他有说原因吗 |
[02:03] | Look, just because I’m now Henry’s best friend | 就算我现在是亨利的好朋友 |
[02:05] | doesn’t mean I know everything. | 也不代表我无所不知啊 |
[02:06] | Lucas, what are you not telling me? | 卢卡斯 你有事瞒着我吗 |
[02:10] | Henry didn’t– he– he didn’t take a few days off | 亨利他 他请几天假 |
[02:13] | because of me? | 不是因为我吧 |
[02:14] | Wait. What — what — what — what does that mean? | 等等 你 你这话 这话什么意思 |
[02:15] | Are you guys, like, um…? | 你们俩不是 |
[02:18] | No. What is — no. I don’t know what that is. | 不是 不是 我不知道那算是什么 |
[02:20] | I mean, it’s totally cool if you guys are. | 你俩成事 我是完全没意见 |
[02:22] | You’d automatically be my favorite couple ever. | 你俩自然会成为我最喜欢的一对 |
[02:24] | You know, and then if you had any single lady friends, | 而且如果你有什么单身的女性朋友 |
[02:27] | we could double-date. | 我们就能两对情侣一起约会了 |
[02:28] | I’m obviously looking for ’80s and above. | 显然我是要找80后的 |
[02:30] | Lucas. | 卢卡斯 |
[02:30] | That’s the last we’ll speak of it. | 我不会再提这事儿了 |
[02:32] | But at least you know how I feel. | 但至少你知道我的想法 |
[02:33] | No, no, no. Hey! | 不不不 等等 |
[02:34] | Where is he? | 他去哪了 |
[02:38] | Tarrytown. | 柏油村 |
[02:39] | Look, Abe came in here asking me to find out | 亚伯来这找我 叫我帮忙查查 |
[02:41] | about his mother, who disappeared in the ’80s. | 他那位在80年代失去音讯的妈妈 |
[02:44] | He didn’t give me the full story, | 他没和我详细解释 |
[02:45] | but, apparently, she was on the run from something. | 但是显然 她在逃避些什么 |
[02:48] | So, what’s the story with Abe’s father? | 那亚伯的爸爸呢 |
[02:51] | Never said. | 从未提起过 |
[02:53] | Well, there’s your answer. | 这就是你的回答 |
[02:55] | Are you certain this is the right road, Abraham? | 你确定是走这条路吗 亚伯拉罕 |
[02:58] | Second right after the big red barn. | 经过红色大谷仓 第二个路口右拐 |
[03:00] | I’m positive. | 我确定 |
[03:02] | What would Abigail have been doing living all the way out here? | 阿比盖尔为什么一直住在这么偏僻的地方 |
[03:04] | There’s not another soul for miles. | 这里方圆百里荒无人烟 |
[03:06] | Maybe looking for peace and quiet. | 也许她在寻求安宁 |
[03:09] | Or maybe she was hiding. | 又或是她想躲起来 |
[03:11] | From what? | 躲什么 |
[03:13] | Me. | 我 |
[03:31] | That can’t be her. | 那不可能是她 |
[03:35] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[03:39] | Excuse us. | 打扰一下 |
[03:40] | We’re looking for Abigail Morgan. | 我们想找阿比盖尔·摩根 |
[03:43] | Who did you say you were looking for? | 你说要找谁 |
[03:45] | Sorry. Uh, Sylvia Blake. | 抱歉 是西尔维娅·布莱克 |
[03:48] | I haven’t heard that name in a while. | 我已经好久没听过这个名字了 |
[03:50] | You knew her? | 你认识她吗 |
[03:51] | She used to live in my guest cottage. | 她以前住在我的客用小屋里 |
[03:53] | But that was a long time ago. | 但那是很久以前的事了 |
[03:55] | See, the reason we were asking is I’m her son. | 我们想打听她是因为 我是她的儿子 |
[03:59] | You don’t know what happened to her? | 你不知道她出了什么事吗 |
[04:01] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[04:02] | One morning, she was just gone. | 有天早晨 她突然就走了 |
[04:05] | Did she mention her life | 她是否对你提起过 |
[04:07] | before she came here to Tarrytown? | 来柏油村以前的生活 |
[04:09] | Did she mention a family? | 她提过家人的事吗 |
[04:11] | I think she just needed some time to herself. | 我想她只是需要时间来独处 |
[04:14] | I believe she was getting over a bad breakup. | 我相信她是经历了一次很惨痛的分手 |
[04:17] | Couldn’t have been easy at her age. | 在她那个年纪可真是不容易恢复 |
[04:20] | I did save a box of her things. | 我保留了一箱她的东西 |
[04:23] | I guess I always hoped she’d come back for them someday. | 可能我一直都希望某天她会回来吧 |
[04:26] | May — may I see them? | 我… 我能看看吗 |
[04:31] | Hellebores. | 圣诞蔷薇 |
[04:33] | According to legend, | 传说中 |
[04:34] | the poison from the winter rose killed Alexander the Great. | 毒死亚历山大大帝的冬玫瑰的毒是从那提取的 |
[04:37] | A historian and a horticulturist. | 历史学家 也是园艺家 |
[04:40] | Your mother planted those flowers. | 那些花是你母亲种的 |
[04:45] | Well? What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[04:48] | What is that odor? | 那是什么味 |
[04:50] | It smells of warm garbage. | 闻起来像垃圾被加热的味道 |
[04:52] | That’s New York. You’ll get used to it. | 这就是纽约 你会慢慢习惯的 |
[04:56] | Youse must be the Morgans. | 你们一定就是摩根一家了 |
[04:58] | Yes. Uh, I’m Henry, and this is my wife, Abigail. | 是的 我是亨利 这是我太太阿比盖尔 |
[05:03] | The radiator’s acting up. | 暖气不太好用 |
[05:04] | And if it starts hissing, I want you to beat on it, | 如果发出嘶嘶声 就用它敲几下 |
[05:07] | unless you want the pipes to explode. | 否则管道会爆炸的 |
[05:09] | Oh, and, uh, welcome to America. | 还有 欢迎来美国 |
[05:14] | Are you sure this is a good place to raise a family? | 你确定这里适合一家人居住吗 |
[05:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:20] | Close your eyes. | 把眼睛闭上 |
[05:22] | Go on. | 听话 |
[05:26] | There, there, Abraham. | 好了 好了 亚伯拉罕 |
[05:35] | For my English rose. | 送给我的英伦玫瑰 |
[05:39] | How did you keep it alive all that time on the ship? | 这么长的旅途你是怎么让它活下来的 |
[05:41] | Well, water, fertilizer, | 浇水 施肥 |
[05:43] | and long walks on the Queen Mary’s sun deck. | 还有带它在玛丽皇后号的甲板上散步 |
[05:47] | Oh, Henry. | 亨利 |
[05:49] | I believe I am going to like it here. | 我相信 我会喜欢上这里的 |
[06:10] | Something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[06:12] | See how the earth has subsided? | 看到这些泥土下沉的形状了吗 |
[06:15] | When a body decomposes in a shallow grave, | 当尸体在过浅的坟墓里腐烂的时候 |
[06:17] | the earth sinks in a telltale manner. | 泥土的下沉形状会呈现警示的迹象 |
[06:21] | Uh, he was a gravedigger in another life. | 他另一个职业是掘墓者 |
[06:25] | Do you have a spade? | 你有铲子吗 |
[06:54] | It’s her, isn’t it? | 是她 是不是 |
[07:12] | Dr. Morgan. | 摩根医生 |
[07:14] | I’m Sheriff Vance. | 我是万斯警长 |
[07:15] | So, what is a New York M.E. doing all the way out here? | 纽约的法医到这里有何贵干 |
[07:18] | My companion and I were searching | 我的同伴和我在寻找 |
[07:20] | for a missing family member when we discovered the… | 一位失踪的家人 然后我们就发现了… |
[07:24] | Do you mind telling them to be more careful? | 你能告诉他们小心一点吗 |
[07:25] | Perhaps I should supervise. | 也许我应该去看着 |
[07:27] | Not without the NYPD’s authorization. | 没有纽约警局的授权不行 |
[07:29] | Detective Martinez. He’s with me. | 马丁内兹警探 他跟我一起的 |
[07:31] | Sorry I’m late, doctor. | 抱歉来晚了 医生 |
[07:34] | Sheriff, the NYPD would be happy to help with this case. | 警长 纽约警局很乐意协助调查此案 |
[07:37] | Oh, it’s nice of you to offer, | 很感谢你的提议 |
[07:38] | but without the proper paperwork, | 不过没有适当的书面文件 |
[07:39] | you know I can’t really do that. | 你知道我是不能同意的 |
[07:40] | Our O.C.M.E. has a state-of-the-art lab, | 我们的法医办公室有最先进的实验室 |
[07:42] | which I’m guessing you don’t have here. | 我猜你们这里并没有吧 |
[07:43] | Plus, our presumed victim was a resident of New York City, | 而且 这位死者是纽约市的居民 |
[07:47] | so, technically, it is our case. | 所以严格来讲 这是我们的案子 |
[07:50] | You want a bunch of old bones? | 你们想要这堆陈年白骨不是吗 |
[07:52] | They’re all yours. | 给你们就是了 |
[07:53] | Sheriff. Think I just found something. | 警长 有发现 |
[08:05] | I think we’re going to love it here, Abraham. | 我想我们会爱上这里的 亚伯拉罕 |
[08:08] | I really do. | 真的 |
[08:11] | It’s mom’s. | 是妈妈的 |
[08:12] | That’s her key chain. | 那是她的钥匙链 |
[08:31] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[08:32] | Yes. | 没事 |
[08:36] | Lucas, why don’t you, uh, start us out? | 卢卡斯 不如你来讲一下吧 |
[08:41] | Uh…yeah. | 好的 |
[08:42] | Well, the remains of a Jane Doe. | 这位无名女尸的遗骸 |
[08:45] | Decomposition suggests she’s been dead for | 腐烂程度显示她已经死去 |
[08:47] | at least 25 years. | 超过二十五年 |
[08:49] | Depressed skull fracture, sharp-force trauma, | 凹陷性颅骨骨折 利器创伤 |
[08:52] | and likely cause of death. | 以及可能的死因 |
[08:53] | The object punctured the brain stem, at which point, | 有器物刺穿了脑干 因为这个 |
[08:56] | she was left conscious but essentially paralyzed. | 她当时还清醒着 但是基本上瘫痪了 |
[08:59] | Oh, this is weird. | 真奇怪 |
[09:02] | Uh, the growth plates are still open. | 她的生长板还是张开的 |
[09:04] | That’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[09:05] | No. Look here. | 真的 看这里 |
[09:11] | My god, you’re right. | 天呐 你说得对 |
[09:12] | Which means she was no older than 20 years old. | 这意味着她不超过20岁 |
[09:15] | Which means that she couldn’t be… | 也意味着她不可能是… |
[09:19] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[09:20] | Abraham! | 亚伯拉罕 |
[09:24] | What happened to her? | 她身上到底发生什么事了 |
[09:26] | It’s not Abigail. | 那不是阿比盖尔 |
[09:28] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[09:29] | Oh, thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[09:31] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[09:35] | I’ve just been going crazy… | 我差点疯了… |
[09:38] | Trying to imagine what kind of monster | 一直试图想象什么样的魔鬼 |
[09:39] | would have done that. | 会那样对她 |
[09:44] | But this doesn’t get us any closer | 但这也没有进一步告诉我们 |
[09:45] | to knowing what happened to mom. | 妈妈到底怎么了 |
[09:47] | Nor whose bones were buried in her backyard. | 也没告诉我们埋在她后院的是谁的骨头 |
[09:51] | But assuming that the murder | 但是假设凶手 |
[09:52] | had something to do with Abigail’s disappearance… | 和阿比盖尔的失踪有关… |
[09:59] | You have my word, Abraham. | 我向你保证 亚伯拉罕 |
[10:01] | I’ll find out what happened to her, | 我会弄清楚她身上到底发生了什么 |
[10:03] | even if it takes me the rest of my days. | 就算这要花上我余生所有时间 |
[10:07] | Now, this is the last of mom’s stuff. | 这是妈妈最后的东西 |
[10:11] | Now, I mean, no one says we have to open it. | 没人规定我们必须打开它 |
[10:14] | What if we find something | 假如我们找到了一些 |
[10:14] | we don’t want to find? | 我们不想找到的东西怎么办 |
[10:16] | Well, like what? | 比如说什么 |
[10:16] | I’ve been searching for your mother for 30 years. | 我找你妈妈找了三十年了 |
[10:19] | Whatever’s in that box, | 不管盒子里面有什么 |
[10:20] | you’re gonna have to live with forever. | 你都会带着这个过完余生 |
[10:22] | Whatever we find is better than knowing nothing at all. | 不管发现什么都比一无所知好 |
[10:47] | It’s just a bunch of crap. | 只是一堆垃圾 |
[10:50] | I mean, after all that, we get nothing! | 经历了所有那一切 我们还是一无所获 |
[10:52] | Not a clue | 没有丝毫线索 |
[10:53] | as to what happened to her. | 她身上发生的事我们也毫无头绪 |
[10:56] | The young woman we exhumed from her yard | 我们从她院里挖出来的那个年轻女人 |
[10:58] | had Abigail’s keys on her person. | 她有阿比盖尔的钥匙 |
[11:01] | There must be a connection. | 两者间必然有联系 |
[11:05] | You got something? | 有什么发现吗 |
[11:06] | I was just going over the body. | 我刚刚检查完一遍尸体 |
[11:08] | Lucas noted fractures in the right clavicle and radius. | 卢卡斯说在右锁骨和小臂骨有骨折 |
[11:11] | His theory, along with the fatal blow, | 他认为 这些伤是在两人争吵期间造成的 |
[11:13] | that these injures were sustained during the fracas. | 包括那个致命一击 |
[11:16] | And what do you think? | 那你认为呢 |
[11:17] | Well, looking at her wrist under magnification, | 在放大镜下看她的手腕 |
[11:19] | it appears that her bone was moved back into alignment. | 会发现她的骨头被移回了正常状态 |
[11:23] | She had it set. | 她接过骨 |
[11:23] | By a medical professional. | 是由一位医疗专业人士操作的 |
[11:26] | And then struck over the head | 然后她的头部就被击中 |
[11:27] | and killed before it had time to heal. | 在手腕愈合前她就死了 |
[11:30] | And then she was buried in a nurse’s backyard. | 然后她被埋在了一位护士的后院 |
[11:32] | I believe we found the connection between this case | 我相信我们找到了这个案子 |
[11:35] | and Abraham’s missing mother. | 和亚伯拉罕失踪的母亲之间的联系了 |
[11:37] | Searched through Tarrytown’s missing-person reports | 我搜索了柏油村的失踪人口报告 |
[11:40] | and found this one from April 1985. | 然后找到了1985年4月的这份报告 |
[11:42] | 失踪人口报告 比琳达·斯穆特 生日: 1965年5月15日 年龄: 20 身高: 157cm 体重: 57kg 发色: 棕 眼色: 绿 | |
[11:43] | Belinda Smoot. | 比琳达·斯穆特 |
[11:44] | Age 20. Height — 5’2″. | 20岁 身高157厘米 |
[11:46] | Looks like we found our girl. | 看来我们找到死者身份了 |
[11:48] | How would you like to take a trip with me, detective? | 你愿意和我走一趟吗 警探 |
[11:54] | Just think. | 想象一下 |
[11:55] | You could be in Paris, | 你本来可以去巴黎的 |
[11:57] | But instead, you’re in a Tarrytown emergency room. | 但如今你却在柏油村的急诊室 |
[12:00] | I made the right choice. | 我做了个正确的选择 |
[12:01] | But seriously, you should have come to me first. | 但说真的 你应该先来找我的 |
[12:05] | Lucas? Really? | 卢卡斯 你逗我呢吧 |
[12:05] | Abe went to Lucas. | 是亚伯去找了卢卡斯 |
[12:08] | I would have come to you. | 是我的话我就会找你 |
[12:09] | There aren’t many people I trust in this world. | 这世上我信任的人不多 |
[12:12] | You’re in rare company. | 你是其中之一 |
[12:13] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[12:14] | I was afraid I made things a little uncomfortable | 我还担心那晚我的出现 |
[12:17] | the other night when I showed up. | 让事情变得有点尴尬呢 |
[12:19] | It would take a lot more than that to make me uncomfortable. | 要让我尴尬远比这难得多 |
[12:23] | Okay, Belinda Smoot — | 来了 比琳达·斯穆特 |
[12:26] | admitted April 7, 1985, | 收治于1985年4月7日 |
[12:28] | With fractures of the wrist and collarbone. | 手腕和锁骨骨折 |
[12:32] | Care to guess the name of the nurse who took care of her? | 想猜猜照顾她的护士是谁吗 |
[12:35] | Abe’s mother? | 亚伯的妈妈 |
[12:37] | Now we just need to figure out | 现在我们只需要弄清楚 |
[12:38] | how Belinda ended up in her backyard. | 比琳达最终怎么会被埋在她的院子里 |
[12:41] | Well, maybe there’s someone who worked here back then. | 也许这里有当时的老员工 |
[12:44] | Her. | 她 |
[12:45] | A veteran nurse if ever I saw one. | 假如我没看错的话 这是个老练的护士 |
[12:49] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[12:51] | How can I help you? | 有什么能帮到您 |
[12:52] | You don’t happen to remember a woman by the name of Sylvia | 您还记得1985年在这里工作过的 |
[12:55] | who used to work here in 1985? | 叫西尔维娅的女士吗 |
[12:57] | She was just one of those people you never forget. | 她是那种你永远不会忘记的人 |
[13:00] | You know what happened to her? | 你知道她发生什么事了吗 |
[13:02] | One day, she just didn’t show up for work. | 有一天她没来上班 |
[13:04] | Sylvia left the way she came, just like that — | 就像她凭空出现一样 |
[13:07] | out of the blue. | 西尔维娅又凭空消失了 |
[13:09] | Do you remember a patient Sylvia treated | 你记得西尔维娅离开前 |
[13:11] | the night before she left? | 治疗过的一个病人吗 |
[13:13] | The girl in the car crash? | 那个出车祸的女孩 |
[13:15] | Good memory. | 记性真好 |
[13:17] | That night was hard to forget. | 那晚想忘也忘不了 |
[13:20] | Sylvia had just finished treating the girl | 西尔维娅刚刚治疗完那个女孩 |
[13:22] | when a hit-and-run came in. | 有个肇事逃逸的伤者被送来了 |
[13:23] | Incoming! | 来病人了 |
[13:25] | Motorcycle hit-and-run. | 骑摩托车被撞了 凶手逃逸了 |
[13:26] | Don’t know how long he was bleeding | 不知道他倒在路边 |
[13:28] | on the side of the road. | 失血多久了 |
[13:28] | He’s in bad shape. | 他情况很糟糕 |
[13:30] | We’re going to fix you up. You hear? | 我们会治好你的 听到了吗 |
[13:35] | Do you know how the girl with the broken arm | 你知道那个手臂骨折的女孩 |
[13:36] | ended up at Sylvia’s? | 是怎么到西尔维娅那的吗 |
[13:38] | Sylvia took the poor thing home with her. | 西尔维娅带着那个小可怜回了家 |
[13:40] | She was always doing that sort of thing. | 她一直都那么善良 |
[13:42] | Look — on the file, she marked the injury a 273. | 看 病历上 她在伤情上标了273 |
[13:45] | It’s police code for domestic assault. | 这是警方对家暴的标码 |
[13:48] | That would explain why Sylvia took her home — | 所以西尔维娅才会带她回家 |
[13:50] | to protect her. | 为了保护她 |
[13:52] | Does the file say who checked her into the hospital? | 病历上有说是谁带她来医院的吗 |
[13:55] | Uh, Teddy Graves. | 泰迪·格拉夫斯 |
[13:59] | Do you recognize that name? | 你知道这个名字吗 |
[14:01] | It explains why Belinda didn’t want to press charges. | 那就是为什么比琳达不想起诉的原因 |
[14:05] | I’d like to remind the jurors to keep an open mind | 我希望在找到所有的证据之前 |
[14:07] | until all of the evidence has been presented. | 陪审员们能保持一个公平没有成见的态度 |
[14:09] | You’ve heard the arguments of counsel, | 你们听到了律师的陈词 |
[14:11] | as well as my instructions on the law | 我对法律的阐释 |
[14:13] | and the opinions of your fellow jurors. | 以及其他陪审员的意见 |
[14:15] | Court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[14:20] | Judge Graves, Dr. Henry Morgan, | 格拉夫斯法官 我是首席法医办公室的 |
[14:22] | office of the chief medical examiner. | 亨利·摩根医生 |
[14:25] | I wonder if I could ask you a few questions about a case. | 我是否能向您询问下关于一件案子的事呢 |
[14:27] | Talk to one of my clerks. They’ll try and fit you in. | 跟我的书记员谈 他们会帮你安排的 |
[14:29] | I have a very busy docket. | 我还有一堆案子要审 |
[14:31] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你没明白 |
[14:33] | This case involves you personally. | 这件案子跟你个人有关 |
[14:38] | Detective Martinez, homicide. | 马丁内兹警探 罪案组 |
[14:41] | Belinda Smoot. | 比琳达·斯穆特 |
[14:43] | You dropped her off at a Westchester county hospital | 1985年4月7日晚 |
[14:46] | on the night of April 7, 1985. | 你送她去了韦斯切斯特县医院 |
[14:52] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久之前的事了 |
[14:54] | Forgive me. It was, uh, 30 years ago. | 请原谅 那是三十年前的事了 |
[14:57] | A young woman tripped and fell at a party. | 一位年轻的女士在一个聚会上摔到了 |
[14:59] | I was home from Princeton on spring break at the time — | 那时我从普林斯顿大学回家休春假 |
[15:02] | Anyhow, she was inebriated, | 总之 她看起来醉醺醺的 |
[15:04] | so I offered her a ride to the E.R. | 所以我开车送她去了急诊室 |
[15:06] | How gallant of you. | 还真有绅士风度 |
[15:08] | – And then? – I never saw her again. | -后来呢 -我再也没见过她了 |
[15:10] | ’cause she was murdered and buried in a shallow grave. | 因为她被杀害了 埋在很浅的墓穴里 |
[15:16] | That’s all I remember. | 我就记得这么多 |
[15:18] | I wish I could give you something more | 我希望我能提供更多线索 |
[15:19] | to help with your case. | 帮助你们破案 |
[15:22] | You just did. | 你已经提供了 |
[15:24] | An Alfa Romeo Spider. | 阿尔法·罗密欧跑车 |
[15:26] | Are you the original owner? | 你是车的原主吗 |
[15:27] | The reason I ask | 我之所以这么问 |
[15:28] | is that the fracture to Belinda’s collarbone | 是因为比琳达锁骨处的骨折 |
[15:30] | is consistent with a car crash. | 是车祸造成的 |
[15:33] | And speaking of automobiles, | 说到跑车 |
[15:34] | the Italians never did quite | 意大利人至始至终 |
[15:36] | get British racing green right, did they? | 都弄不出英国跑车绿 对吗 |
[15:39] | Of course, you made matters worse | 当然 你在事故后重新刷漆 |
[15:40] | by repainting it after the accident. | 让这一情况更糟糕 |
[15:42] | What accident? | 什么事故 |
[15:43] | The night that you and Belinda crashed, of course. | 当然是你和比琳达撞车的那晚 |
[15:46] | Like you said, there was a party | 就像你说的 那晚有聚会 |
[15:48] | and drunken merrymaking, I imagine. | 我想大家都喝醉了 |
[15:50] | But instead of tripping down the stairs, | 但是你送来的那姑娘没有摔下楼梯 |
[15:52] | your companion hurt herself | 她是在车祸中受伤的 |
[15:54] | the same way you hurt your car — in a hit-and-run. | 就像你的车一样 一起肇事逃逸 |
[15:57] | There was a motorcyclist admitted to the E.R. | 就在比琳达受伤的那晚 |
[15:59] | Same night as Belinda. | 有个摩托车手也被送进了急诊室 |
[16:00] | And the only witness to your crime | 而做为唯一看到你犯罪的目击者 |
[16:02] | was murdered that same night, too. | 她在那晚也被杀了 |
[16:05] | You know what I’d do if the D.A. | 你知道如果检察官没有目击证人和证据 |
[16:06] | brought me a case like that, based on conjecture, | 仅凭推测就向我呈送这样的案子 |
[16:09] | without a single witness or piece of evidence? | 我会怎么做吗 |
[16:11] | I’d throw it out. | 我会把它扔掉 |
[16:20] | Did we just accuse a federal judge of murder? | 我们刚刚是不是指控了联邦法官谋杀 |
[16:23] | And, damn, did it feel good. | 见鬼 这感觉真不错 |
[16:30] | Do me a favor, Martinez. | 帮我个忙 马丁内兹 |
[16:32] | Next time you plan to take a vacation, take it. | 下次你想休假 就去休假 |
[16:37] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[16:37] | You just got a call from a disgruntled federal judge? | 你刚接到了一个不满的联邦法官的电话 |
[16:39] | Accusing a man who’s been sitting on the bench | 指控一个做了20年法官的人 |
[16:41] | for 20 years is just plain stupid. | 简直就是愚蠢至极 |
[16:44] | Did Henry put you up to this? | 是亨利让你这么做的吗 |
[16:46] | Let me just run the case for you. | 你听我把这案子说完 |
[16:47] | This isn’t our case. | 这不是我们的案子 |
[16:48] | It’s a 30-year-old cold case | 这是别的辖区的 |
[16:50] | from someone else’s jurisdiction, | 30年的悬案 |
[16:52] | which is why you’re going to give it back to that county, | 所以麻烦你把这案子连同那些尸骨一起 |
[16:54] | along with those bones. | 还给那个县 |
[16:56] | And tell Henry to stop wasting our resources. | 顺便告诉亨利 不要再浪费我们的资源 |
[16:59] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[16:59] | Hey. I thought you were on a ski vacation. | 你不是去滑雪度假了吗 |
[17:02] | Yeah, just checking this in before I hit the road. | 是啊 出发之前想把这玩意收起来 |
[17:05] | Can’t trust them Hanson boys around a loaded gun. | 我可不放心我家熊孩子附近有把上膛的枪 |
[17:08] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[17:09] | Well, I was working on a hit-and-run | 我之前是在忙一宗肇事逃逸案 |
[17:11] | involving a federal judge…… | 这起案件牵涉到一位联邦法官 |
[17:13] | with the possibility of a criminal cover-up. | 可能为掩盖罪行杀人灭口 |
[17:15] | Sounds juicy. | 听起来很有料啊 |
[17:16] | Yeah, well, too bad | 是啊 只可惜 |
[17:17] | I have to give it back to the Tarrytown sheriff. | 我得把这案子还给柏油村警长 |
[17:21] | We’ll be heading through Westchester. | 我们会经过韦斯切斯特 |
[17:22] | You want me to do some digging? | 需不需要我帮你做点调查 |
[17:23] | Well, there’s nothing to dig up. | 没什么可调查的啊 |
[17:25] | The judge ran over a guy, killed the only witness — | 这位法官开车撞了人 杀死了唯一的目击者 |
[17:28] | the woman in the car with him. | 就当时坐他车的女子 |
[17:29] | Other than the guy he ran over. | 还有他撞上的那个男人 |
[17:31] | Is he still alive? | 他还活着吗 |
[17:34] | The motorcyclist. | 那个摩托车手 |
[17:34] | Do you think you can go by the hospital, | 你能不能去那家医院一趟 |
[17:36] | find out what happened to him? | 看看他后来怎么样了 |
[17:39] | You are the best. | 你太棒了 |
[17:41] | Lucas, what’s the hurry? | 卢卡斯 这么着急干嘛去 |
[17:42] | No time to talk, doc. | 没时间闲聊了 医生 |
[17:43] | I got some hot merch that needs unloading. | 我刚拿了烫手山芋得赶紧处理 |
[17:46] | We do not deal in stolen antiques. | 我们可不卖偷来的古董啊 |
[17:48] | But what do you got? | 到底是什么好东西 |
[17:49] | I dug up some dirt. | 我挖了点”脏东西” |
[17:51] | On whom? Judge Graves? | 从谁那里 格拉夫斯法官吗 |
[17:52] | No. Like, real dirt. | 不 是真正的”土” |
[17:54] | You mean incontrovertible evidence? | 你是说铁证吗 |
[17:55] | No, dirt dirt. | 不 土地的土 |
[17:58] | What the hell? | 什么玩意儿 |
[17:59] | It’s the soil from Belinda Smoot’s grave. | 这是我从比琳达·斯穆特坟墓挖来的土 |
[18:01] | It’s like a virtual treasure trove of clues, | 这里面可富含着宝贵的线索 |
[18:04] | if we only had a lab. | 当然我们得有个实验室 |
[18:05] | Too bad Lieutenant Reece put the kibosh on us. | 只可惜里斯长官给咱安了些莫须有的罪名 |
[18:08] | What do you say, Abe? Do you think he’s ready? | 亚伯 你怎么看 他准备好了吗 |
[18:13] | Ready for what? | 什么准备好 |
[18:19] | You have your own lair. | 你居然有自己的基地 |
[18:21] | As you can see, we have much of the same equipment | 正如你所见 我们这里的仪器 |
[18:23] | we have in the lab. | 和实验室的大致相同 |
[18:24] | You’re a beautiful man. | 你真是我男神 |
[18:27] | Just when I thought you’ve peaked, | 我刚以为你已经到达顶峰了 |
[18:28] | you just go and take it to a whole new level. | 你又上升到了一个更高层次 |
[18:39] | Knock it off, before one of you puts out an eyeball! | 别闹了 小心一会儿把眼球戳掉 |
[18:42] | Sorry, Jo. | 抱歉 乔 |
[18:43] | Listen, that file you wanted — | 听着 你要的那份文件 |
[18:45] | motorcyclist who got run over — | 被撞伤的摩托车手 |
[18:47] | there’s no record of him. | 医院里没有他的记录 |
[18:48] | But we have a first-person account from a nurse | 可我们这里有一名护士的亲口陈述 |
[18:50] | saying he was admitted the same night as Belinda Smoot. | 称他和比琳达·斯穆特同晚入院 |
[18:53] | Somebody must have stole it. | 肯定是有人偷走了 |
[18:55] | Judge Graves? | 格拉夫斯法官 |
[19:11] | Henry. I must read this to you. | 亨利 我要给你读这篇文章 |
[19:15] | It’s so romantic. | 简直太浪漫了 |
[19:17] | A poem? Whose? | 诗吗 谁写的 |
[19:18] | Um, Wordsworth? Shelley? Byron? | 华兹华斯 雪莱 还是拜伦 |
[19:21] | Yeats, you old fuddy-duddy. | 是叶慈 你个老古董 |
[19:27] | “When you are old and grey and full of sleep | “当你老了 头白了 睡意昏沉 |
[19:30] | and nodding by the fire, | 炉火旁打盹 |
[19:33] | take down this book and slowly read | 请取下这部诗集 慢慢读 |
[19:35] | and dream of the soft look your eyes had once, | 回想你过去眼神的柔和 |
[19:40] | and of their shadows deep.” | 回想它们昔日浓重的阴影” |
[19:42] | Shall I continue? | 还要继续读吗 |
[19:43] | Don’t stop, whatever you do. | 全都不要停 |
[20:01] | “Dearest Henry, | “亲爱的亨利 |
[20:02] | please forgive me for taking so long to write. | 请原谅我这么久才写下这封信 |
[20:05] | I needed this time to realize what I’ve known all along — | 我需要时间来意识到我一直都知道的事 |
[20:09] | That I don’t wish to live without you ever again. | 我不愿再与你分离 独自存活 |
[20:13] | I’ve found the perfect place for us here in the country.” | 我在县里找到了一栋完美新家” |
[20:15] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[20:20] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[20:21] | It’s a letter from Abigail, | 这里有封阿比盖尔写的信 |
[20:22] | dated April 1985. | 落款日期是1985年4月 |
[20:25] | She goes on and on describing her cottage | 她一直在讲她的小屋 |
[20:28] | and her flower garden and root cellar down by the river, | 她的花园 还有河边的地窖 |
[20:31] | saying that she wanted us to be a family again. | 说她想和我们一起生活 |
[20:35] | Don’t you see? | 看到了吗 |
[20:36] | It means that she never gave up on us. | 她从来没有放弃过我们 |
[20:39] | Yeah, but I’m afraid that’s…not all it means. | 可是恐怕 这并不是信的全部含义 |
[20:43] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[20:45] | The fact that she never sent the letter | 她没寄出这封信 |
[20:46] | means that something terrible happened. | 意味着 有不好的事情发生了 |
[20:50] | Guys. I think I found something in the dirt. | 伙计们 我在土里发现了一些东西 |
[20:52] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[20:53] | A piece of jewelry off the victim. | 被害人的珠宝碎片 |
[20:56] | Looks like an earring. | 似乎是耳环 |
[20:58] | No, it’s a tiepin. | 不 这是领带夹 |
[21:00] | It’s got some writing on it. | 上面有些字 |
[21:02] | Yeah, some sort of a motto. | 像是格言 |
[21:04] | Is it Latin? | 是拉丁文吗 |
[21:05] | “Dei sub numine viget.” | “她因上帝而繁荣” |
[21:08] | “Under god she flourishes.” | “她因上帝而繁荣” |
[21:12] | Whose motto is that? | 这是谁的格言 |
[21:14] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[21:15] | Good work, Lucas. | 干得好 卢卡斯 |
[21:16] | I’ll, uh, I’ll run this by Detective Martinez. | 我带这个给马丁内兹警官看看 |
[21:38] | You recognize it? | 你认出来了吗 |
[21:39] | It’s from an eating club at Princeton, | 这来自普林斯顿一个竞吃社团 |
[21:42] | And it was found in Belinda Smoot’s grave. | 这是在比琳达·斯穆特的墓里发现的 |
[21:44] | Get out of my chambers. | 从我房间出去 |
[21:46] | Not until you tell me what happened that night. | 在你告诉我那晚的真相前 我不会出去 |
[21:47] | I already told you. | 我早告诉过你了 |
[21:49] | You hit a motorcyclist, and your companion got hurt. | 你撞了一个摩托车手 然后你的同伴受伤了 |
[21:52] | You took her to the E.R., and you told her not to talk. | 你带她去了急诊 告诉她别把事情说出去 |
[21:54] | You threatened her. | 你威胁了她 |
[21:55] | Belinda was scared, so she went | 比琳达吓坏了 |
[21:56] | home with the nurse, and you followed her there. | 于是跟护士回了家 你跟踪了她 |
[21:58] | That’s not what happened. | 不是这样的 |
[21:58] | You murdered an innocent girl | 你杀了一个无辜的女孩 |
[22:00] | because you knew her story would cost you all this — | 因为你知道这件事会毁了你 |
[22:02] | a life of doling out justice from on high. | 作为法官 主持正义的前景 |
[22:05] | But where’s the justice for Belinda?! | 但属于比琳达的正义在哪 |
[22:06] | I had nothing to do with it! I swear! | 我发誓 不是我做的 |
[22:09] | The nurse whose cottage | 比琳达被杀那晚 |
[22:10] | Belinda was murdered in that night — | 收留她的那位护士 |
[22:12] | What did you do to her?! | 你对她做了什么 |
[22:15] | What did you do to her?! | 你对她做了什么 |
[22:18] | You okay, Judge? | 法官 你还好吗 |
[22:18] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[22:20] | What did you do to the nurse?! | 你对那个护士做了什么 |
[22:28] | He’s all yours. | 他归你了 |
[22:35] | I shouldn’t have accosted a federal judge | 我不该没经过你同意 |
[22:37] | without consulting you first. | 就去跟一个联邦法官搭话 |
[22:40] | Henry, what’s going on? | 亨利 到底怎么了 |
[22:41] | I told you — Abe’s my oldest, closest friend, | 我告诉过你啊 亚伯是我最好的朋友 |
[22:43] | and his mother’s disappearance is a festering wound. | 他母亲的失踪是他永不愈合的伤口 |
[22:46] | No. Why does a 30-year-old case have you acting like this? | 不 为什么一个30年的悬案能让你这样 |
[22:50] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[22:52] | Abe’s mother. | 亚伯的母亲 |
[22:53] | No. Who is she to you? | 不 她对你来说是谁 |
[23:02] | Martinez. | 马丁内兹 |
[23:05] | Yep. | 对 |
[23:06] | Okay. I am on my way. | 好 我就来 |
[23:10] | Judge Graves just walked into the station house. | 格拉夫斯法官自己去了警局 |
[23:24] | Before we talk, | 在我们开始前 |
[23:25] | I’m obliged to remind you of your 5th Amendment right — | 我有义务提醒你 你所拥有的第五修正案的权利 |
[23:27] | I know my rights, detective. | 我了解我的权利 警官 |
[23:32] | Belinda Smoot wasn’t some, uh, girl who I met at a party. | 比琳达·斯穆特不是我在派对上遇见的女孩 |
[23:35] | We had known each other since middle school, | 我们从中学就认识了 |
[23:37] | um, since before my parents sent me off to Exeter. | 在我父母送我去埃克赛特之前 |
[23:40] | Uh, spring break of my junior year at Princeton, | 在普林斯顿大三那年的春假 |
[23:44] | uh, we had a fling. | 我们有过一段 |
[23:46] | The spring she was murdered. | 就是她被杀的那年春天 |
[23:48] | I had nothing to do with that. | 我跟这事没关系 |
[23:50] | What about the hit-and-run accident? | 那肇事逃逸事故呢 |
[23:52] | Happened, uh, exactly as your colleague said it did. | 是真的 和你同事说的一样 |
[23:57] | I was drinking. I was driving too fast. | 我那时醉了 开得很快 |
[24:05] | I never saw him coming. | 没看到他骑过来 |
[24:08] | I went to check on him, | 我下车查看 |
[24:10] | and… | 但是 |
[24:13] | It was clear he wasn’t going to make it. | 很明显 他救不回来了 |
[24:16] | I wanted… to go to the police, | 我想去找警察 |
[24:18] | but, uh, Belinda… wouldn’t let me. | 但比琳达不让我去 |
[24:22] | She was…afraid that her boyfriend would find out | 她害怕她男友发现 |
[24:26] | that we had been together. | 我们有一腿 |
[24:29] | Her boyfriend? | 她男友 |
[24:30] | Yeah, some townie. | 对 某个城里人 |
[24:31] | Belinda said he had a gun, and if he found out about us… | 比琳达说他有枪 如果他发现我们… |
[24:36] | apparently, uh, he showed up at the hospital | 很显然 他听说她受伤之后 |
[24:38] | when he heard that she was hurt. | 来医院看过她 |
[24:39] | You said, uh, she left with the nurse that night — | 你说了 她那晚和护士走了 |
[24:43] | because she was afraid of him. | 就因为她怕她男友 |
[24:45] | You didn’t think it was suspicious | 比琳达完全消失了 |
[24:47] | that Belinda completely vanished? | 你都不觉得奇怪吗 |
[24:49] | I didn’t know she was gone. | 我不知道她失踪了 |
[24:50] | Two days later, I was back in Princeton. | 两天后 我就回学校了 |
[24:52] | You didn’t try to contact her when you went home? | 你回家之后 没试着联系她 |
[24:54] | Belinda made it very clear she wanted nothing to do with me | 比琳达很明确的表示在我肇事逃逸后 |
[24:58] | after I killed that man and left him on the road. | 她不想和我有任何联系 |
[25:01] | Never called her family, her friends? | 也没和她的家人朋友联系过 |
[25:02] | Did they even know she was gone? | 他们知道她失踪了吗 |
[25:04] | I’m not proud of what I did. | 我知道我做错了事 |
[25:07] | I’ve spent my life trying to make up for it. | 所以我这辈子都在努力弥补 |
[25:13] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[25:15] | It’s the medical file… | 一份病历 是1985年4月7日晚 |
[25:18] | …of the man I killed on the night of April 7, 1985. | 被我杀害的那个人的 |
[25:23] | You stole it from the hospital? | 你竟然把它从医院里偷出来了 |
[25:25] | Well, like you said, I had a bright future. | 就像你说的 我的前途很光明 |
[25:29] | I didn’t want any skeletons in my past getting in the way. | 我可不能让死去的人毁我前途 |
[25:39] | Ohh. How long are you gonna do this, Henry? | 天呐 亨利 你还要这样多久 |
[25:43] | Do what? | 哪样 |
[25:45] | Torture yourself with the life that mom imagined | 拿妈妈幻想的你们两个生活在 |
[25:47] | for the two of you in the cottage | 有着花儿满园的花园和 |
[25:49] | with the beautiful little flower garden | 储藏根块植物的地窖的小屋里 |
[25:50] | and the root cellar. | 来折磨自己 |
[25:59] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[26:00] | The root cellar. | 地窖 |
[26:05] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[26:06] | What are you — | 你来干… |
[26:07] | Um… do you want to come in? | 你想进屋吗 |
[26:10] | That’s very kind of you to offer, but, um… | 谢谢你的好意 但… |
[26:14] | In her letter, Abraham’s mother made reference | 在信中 亚伯拉罕的母亲提到了 |
[26:16] | to a root cellar down by the river. | 河边的一个地窖 |
[26:19] | When you surveyed the crime scene — | 而在你调查罪案现场时… |
[26:20] | I didn’t see one. | 我可没见什么地窖 |
[26:22] | You don’t think Abe’s mom was locked in a cellar? | 难道你认为亚伯的母亲被锁在地窖里了吗 |
[26:26] | Something in my heart tells me | 直觉告诉我 |
[26:28] | Abraham’s mother never left that farm alive. | 亚伯拉罕的母亲绝对没有活着离开农场 |
[26:56] | This is it. | 就是这儿 |
[27:13] | These are her preserves. | 这是她存的果酱 |
[27:18] | Hey, Hanson. | 汉森 |
[27:19] | Yeah, um…l-listen, I can hardly hear you. | 听着 我听不清你说啥 |
[27:22] | I’m — I’m in a root cellar. | 我在一个地窖里呢 |
[27:24] | L-let me — let me call you back from a landline. | 我等会儿用固话给你回过去 |
[27:27] | Be right back. | 先挂了 |
[27:30] | So, I checked if Belinda had any visitors. | 我查了比琳达的访客记录 |
[27:32] | Nobody signed in. | 根本没人来看过她 |
[27:36] | But who else hangs out in the E.R. ith a gun | 但又有谁能不签访客表 |
[27:38] | and doesn’t have to sign in? | 还能配枪在急诊室到处晃呢 |
[27:41] | Cops. | 警察 |
[28:05] | You’re trespassing on an active county crime scene. | 你竟敢擅闯罪案现场 |
[28:12] | You. | 是你 |
[28:16] | You were Belinda Smoot’s boyfriend. | 你是… 比琳达·斯穆特的男友 |
[28:19] | You killed her and buried her. | 你杀了她 而后掩埋了尸体 |
[28:23] | Wait. | 等等 |
[28:24] | Before you kill me, I need to know — | 在你杀我之前 我得知道… |
[28:28] | what happened to the nurse? | 那个护士最后怎样了 |
[28:31] | What? | 什么 |
[28:32] | What did you do to her? | 你对她做了什么 |
[28:34] | You’re worried about the old lady? | 你在担心那个老太太吗 |
[28:38] | I think you missed the point, doc. | 你搞错重点了吧 医生 |
[28:41] | Drop it! | 放下武器 |
[28:46] | Drop it! | 快放下 |
[28:51] | How’d you like to take a ride into the city, sheriff? | 来 警长 去城里兜一圈吧 |
[29:03] | Are my eyes playing tricks on me, | 是我眼花了 |
[29:05] | or was that a sheriff you just brought in here | 还是你真拷了一个警长 |
[29:07] | wearing handcuffs? | 到局里来 |
[29:08] | Yeah, you know that case that you said was not ours? | 真拷了 那个你说不归我们管的案子 |
[29:10] | It is now. He just pulled a gun on Henry. | 现在是我们的了 他刚跟亨利掏枪了 |
[29:13] | He did what? Why? | 他怎么了 为啥啊 |
[29:15] | When I discovered the bloody uniform he was wearing | 我发现了他三十年前 |
[29:17] | the night he killed Belinda Smoot 30 years ago. | 杀害比琳达·斯穆特时穿的血衣 |
[29:20] | And you brought him here? | 所以你就把他带来了吗 |
[29:21] | Well, what else was I supposed to do — | 那我还能怎么办 |
[29:22] | take him to the sheriff’s department? | 带他去警长办公室吗 |
[29:24] | I’ll call internal affairs to come pick him up. | 我去找内务部的人把他带走 |
[29:27] | But in the meantime, | 但同时 |
[29:28] | no one with a badge goes near that man. | 任何警员都不许靠近他 |
[29:32] | Have I made myself clear? | 听懂了吗 |
[29:33] | Yes, ma’am. | 懂了 长官 |
[29:34] | Loud and clear. | 听得一清二楚 |
[29:36] | I wasn’t talking to you. | 我又没问你 |
[29:53] | Let me tell you what I think happened | 我觉得在1985年4月7日晚 |
[29:54] | on the night of April 7, 1985. | 情况应该是这样的 |
[29:58] | You showed up at the E.R. with a hit-and-run victim. | 你带着肇事逃逸案中的死者来到了急诊室 |
[30:02] | What you didn’t expect to find there | 但你没想到会在那里见到 |
[30:05] | was your girlfriend. | 你的女友 |
[30:06] | Motorcycle hit-and-run. | 摩托车肇事逃逸 |
[30:08] | Don’t know how long he was bleeding on the side of the road. | 在路边被晾了好久 大量出血 |
[30:10] | He’s in bad shape. | 他的情况很糟糕 |
[30:20] | You were seized by a jealous rage. | 你心中瞬时充满了熊熊妒火 |
[30:25] | No one’s accusing you of murder. | 没人说你是蓄意谋杀 |
[30:27] | Belinda’s death was an accident. | 比琳达的死是个意外 |
[30:29] | Her injuries sustained from a fall, perhaps. | 从伤口来看 她应该是摔倒了 |
[30:36] | I was… | 我当时… |
[30:39] | I was drunk when I showed up. | 我去找她时 喝得烂醉 |
[30:43] | Get…off! | 放… 开 |
[30:48] | Belinda slipped and hit her head. | 比琳达摔倒了 磕到了头 |
[30:54] | I tried to help her, but… | 我想救她 但… |
[30:58] | And you buried her in the backyard. | 你把她埋到了后院里 |
[31:08] | Tell me — | 告诉我… |
[31:10] | What happened to the nurse that was taking care of Belinda? | 照顾比琳达的护士最后怎样了 |
[31:14] | I waited outside the house | 我在屋外等 |
[31:17] | till she left with some guy. | 直到她跟某个男人离开了 |
[31:24] | Who? | 谁 |
[31:25] | I didn’t recognize him. | 我不认识那个人 |
[31:30] | 30-something. | 三十岁左右 |
[31:31] | Dark hair, slight build. | 长发 有点瘦弱 |
[31:36] | As soon as they were gone, I went in | 看到他们离开之后 我就走了进去 |
[31:38] | and had it out with Belinda. | 打算跟比琳达讲明白 |
[31:41] | And the nurse, she–she never returned? | 那个护士 她 她中途回来过吗 |
[31:44] | No. | 没有 |
[31:45] | But her landlady did. | 不过她的房东倒是来过 |
[31:47] | She was the only other person that lived out that way. | 当时那条路上只有她一个人 |
[31:50] | She knocked, | 她敲了敲门 |
[31:51] | and I waited till she was gone. | 我在里面没出声 一直等到她离开 |
[31:54] | And then I… | 接着我就 |
[31:56] | I buried Belinda. | 我就把比琳达埋了 |
[31:59] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[32:00] | I’m telling the truth. | 我说的是实话 |
[32:01] | No, no, you said – that the nurse left with a man. | 不不 你说护士跟个男人离开了 |
[32:03] | How long after did the landlady knock? | 过了多久 那个房东才来敲门 |
[32:07] | A couple minutes. | 也就几分钟的事 |
[32:08] | Five max. | 最多五分钟 |
[32:13] | She lived on a dead-end road, | 她住的那条路是个死胡同 |
[32:15] | not another property for miles. | 方圆几里内都没有其他建筑 |
[32:16] | Why would the landlady knock? | 房东为什么会敲她的门 |
[32:18] | Surely, she would have seen her driving the other direction, | 房东当时肯定能看到她从另一个方向离开 |
[32:20] | Unless — | 除非 |
[32:23] | …she never made it down the road. | 她根本没撑到那么远 |
[32:28] | According to the sheriff, | 根据警长的说法 |
[32:29] | Abraham’s mother left with a man. | 亚伯拉罕的妈妈跟个男人离开了 |
[32:31] | – And then– – I heard. | -接着 -我听到了 |
[32:33] | We need a map. | 我们需要那儿的地图 |
[32:37] | If Sylvia left going this way, | 如果西尔维娅是从这条路走的 |
[32:38] | and the landlady showed up five minutes later | 几分钟后房东太太出现在这 |
[32:40] | without having passed her, | 却没有遇到她 |
[32:42] | her car would have had to go off the road somewhere… | 她的车一定是在某个地方停下了 |
[32:46] | Here. | 这里 |
[33:05] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[33:07] | What is it? | 你发现什么了 |
[33:08] | Hang on a second. Henry. | 先等等 亨利 |
[33:17] | Abigail. | 阿比盖尔 |
[33:29] | Do you love me? | 你爱我吗 |
[33:33] | Yes. | 当然 |
[33:42] | Instead of just thinking about me | 不再考虑我 |
[33:44] | and some… future heartbreak, | 和未来将有的心碎 |
[33:47] | I realize that you’re here — now. | 我才意识到 你在身边 此时此刻 |
[33:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:53] | I’m here now. | 我在 此时此刻 |
[33:55] | Wait. | 别去 |
[33:56] | Just give him a second. | 给他点时间吧 |
[34:05] | I don’t know what the future holds. | 我不知道未来如何 |
[34:08] | But as long as I’m alive… | 但只要我活着 |
[34:11] | I will always love you… | 我将永远爱你 |
[34:14] | Forever. | 永远 |
[34:28] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[34:29] | We don’t have to do this right now if you don’t want to. | 你要是不想的话我们可以不用现在就做 |
[34:38] | Remains of a Jane Doe, age 65 to 75. | 无名女尸残骸 年龄65到75岁之间 |
[34:42] | Cause of death… | 死亡原因 |
[34:47] | …fractured sternum. | 胸骨骨折 |
[34:51] | Impact to the steering column, | 由于驾驶杆的冲击力 |
[34:53] | resulting in internal hemorrhaging. | 引起了内出血 |
[34:58] | The cut to her lingual bone suggests | 舌骨部分的伤口 说明 |
[35:00] | that our victim’s throat was cut | 死者被甩出去时 |
[35:01] | when she was thrown through the windshield, | 挡风玻璃割伤喉部 |
[35:04] | resulting in massive blood loss. | 同时引起大出血 |
[35:08] | You, uh, disagree with my assessment? | 你不同意我的分析吗 |
[35:12] | I’m sorry, but, uh, with all due respect, | 很抱歉 不过 恕我直言 |
[35:15] | it appears that the victim’s ribcage is broken, | 死者的胸腔 似乎破裂了 |
[35:17] | by something small and soft — | 可能是某种小而柔软的物体导致的 |
[35:19] | A hand, maybe. | 有可能是手 |
[35:21] | What are you saying? | 你这是什么意思 |
[35:23] | Well, the sheriff did say | 警长确实有说过 |
[35:24] | someone else was in the car with Abraham’s mother. | 当时还有其他人跟亚伯拉罕的妈妈在一起 |
[35:26] | Maybe he tried to resuscitate her after the wreck. | 也有可能在车祸之后 他试图抢救她 |
[35:29] | The break is consistent with chest compressions. | 她的胸骨破裂是持续的胸外按压导致的 |
[35:33] | He kidnapped her, forced her off the road. | 他绑架了她 强迫她和他一起离开 |
[35:36] | W-why would he save her? | 没有理由他会救她 |
[35:38] | Because the cut to her throat was not made by the windshield. | 因为咽喉部的伤口不是挡风玻璃造成的 |
[35:42] | Look at the hyoid under magnification. | 仔细看放大后的舌骨 |
[35:49] | I’m sorry, Henry, but the cut was made by — | 我很抱歉 亨利 不过伤口是被 |
[35:52] | By a knife. | 刀子割的 |
[36:00] | Very good, Lucas. | 做得很好 卢卡斯 |
[36:03] | Well, I learned from the best. | 我这也是跟你学的 你才是最厉害的 |
[36:06] | Which is why it’s my professional opinion, | 因此 我的专业分析是 |
[36:09] | that, due to the angle of the cut, | 根据割伤的角度 |
[36:12] | Abe’s mother slit her own throat. | 亚伯的妈妈是割喉自尽的 |
[36:18] | What? | 你说什么 |
[36:20] | Are you saying that she crashed, was ejected from the car, | 你的意思是 那场车祸 她被甩出去 |
[36:25] | resuscitated, only to then take her own life? | 以及后来的抢救 只是因为她想自杀吗 |
[36:30] | Why would somebody do that? | 她怎么会那样做 |
[36:37] | To get away from someone. | 为了摆脱某人 |
[36:48] | The man who showed up to Abigail’s cottage | 出现在阿比盖尔房子前 |
[36:50] | and kidnapped her — | 随后绑架了她的那个人 |
[36:51] | It wasn’t the judge, who confessed to the hit-and-run. | 凶手既不是那个承认肇事逃逸的法官 |
[36:53] | And it wasn’t the sheriff, | 也不是那个承认 |
[36:53] | who confessed to murdering Belinda. | 谋杀比琳达的警察局长 |
[36:56] | We’ve run out of suspects, Abe. | 我们没有可以怀疑的嫌疑人了 亚伯 |
[36:58] | Who else played a part on that night? | 那晚还有谁参与到其中了 |
[37:03] | Other than the man that Teddy ran down out on the road? | 除了那个泰迪在路上撞倒的人 |
[37:06] | The motorcyclist? | 那个骑摩托车的 |
[37:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:08] | He’s the common denominator. | 他是这件事的关键节点 |
[37:10] | He’s the one that ties everyone together. | 他就是那个能把所有人关联在一起的人 |
[37:13] | Everything that happened | 所有发生在 |
[37:14] | on the night of april 7, 1985, | 1985年4月7号晚上的事情 |
[37:17] | is predicated on him. | 都起始于他 |
[37:19] | Who was he? | 他是谁 |
[37:26] | “Ruptured spleen, fractured skull, | “脾破裂 颅骨骨折 |
[37:28] | internal bleeding” | 内出血” |
[37:30] | These are your mother’s notes. | 这是你妈妈记下来的 |
[37:31] | She was a damn fine nurse. | 她是个超棒的护士 |
[37:32] | But nothing could have saved this man. | 但什么也救不了这男的了 |
[37:36] | So, where’s his death certificate? | 他的死亡证明呢 |
[37:38] | Maybe it got lost. | 可能丢了吧 |
[37:39] | On Abigail’s watch? Not likely. | 在阿比盖尔的眼皮下 不太可能 |
[37:41] | She approximated the unknown patient to be in his 30s, | 她估计这个不知名的病人有30多岁 |
[37:45] | described the John Doe as having dark hair. | 里面描述到这个无名氏是黑头发 |
[37:52] | What is it, Henry? | 怎么了 亨利 |
[37:57] | I need a moment alone, Abe. | 我需要单独待一会儿 亚伯 |
[38:01] | What’s wrong, pops? | 怎么了 老爹 |
[38:02] | A moment! | 等一会 |
[38:06] | Please. | 拜托 |
[38:25] | Hello, Henry. | 你好 亨利 |
[38:27] | I suppose this means you’ve finally figured it out. | 我觉得这意味着你已经搞明白了 |
[38:31] | You killed her. | 你杀了她 |
[38:34] | You killed Abigail, you son of a bitch. | 你杀了阿比盖尔 你这个狗杂种 |
[38:38] | If you want to know what really happened that night, | 你要是想知道那晚到底发生了什么 |
[38:41] | let me start at the beginning. | 让我从头讲起 |
[38:46] | As you know, I was struck while riding a motorcycle. | 你也知道 我骑摩托的时候被撞了 |
[38:52] | Fate intervened. | 命运的安排 |
[38:54] | A very kind and skilled nurse saved my life. | 一个善良而技术精湛的护士救了我 |
[38:58] | We’re going to fix you up, you hear? | 我们会治好你的 能听到吗 |
[39:04] | When she came to check on me later, | 后来她来我这里查房 |
[39:07] | I made a very strange request. | 我向她提出了一个非常奇怪的请求 |
[39:12] | Kill me. | 杀了我 |
[39:13] | I’m sorry. What was that? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[39:16] | Kill me. | 杀了我 |
[39:18] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你搞错了 |
[39:21] | You’re going to be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[39:23] | When I told her my story that I was an immortal, | 当我告诉了她我的故事 我是不死之躯 |
[39:27] | and would come back to life without a scratch on my body, | 而且我会完好无损地活过来 |
[39:31] | The nurse did a very strange thing. | 她做了一件非常奇怪的事情 |
[39:36] | She believed you. | 她相信了你 |
[39:39] | Because she’d already heard it from you. | 因为她已经从你那里听说过了 |
[39:42] | Nurse Blake. Mind helping me? | 布莱克护士 可以帮我一下吗 |
[39:47] | That’s when I knew what I had to do to find you, Henry. | 我那时明白了怎样才能找到你 亨利 |
[40:00] | When she saw that I was gone, she understood. | 她看到我走了的时候 她就明白了 |
[40:04] | She didn’t want me to find you. | 她不想让我找到你 |
[40:07] | Abigail thought that I meant you harm. | 阿比盖尔以为我要伤害你 |
[40:13] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[40:14] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[40:15] | I’m not the first immortal that you’ve met. | 我不是第一个你遇到的永生人 |
[40:17] | I want his name. | 我想知道他叫什么 |
[40:18] | I have lived a long life, | 我活了很久 |
[40:20] | experienced pain like you would never imagine. | 体验过你从想象不到的痛苦 |
[40:24] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[40:26] | Perhaps I should start on her. | 也许我应该从她下手 |
[40:29] | Everything’s fine, dear. | 亲爱的 没事 |
[40:31] | I, uh, I was just going to give this gentleman a ride. | 我要载这位先生一程 |
[40:35] | She thought that she was saving the girl’s life. | 她以为她可以拯救女孩的生命 |
[40:40] | But there was another killer. | 但其实还有一个杀手 |
[40:42] | A young deputy lurking in the shadows. | 一个等在暗处的年轻的副警长 |
[40:46] | And now you know the whole story. | 现在你知道来龙去脉了 |
[40:52] | How did she die? | 她怎么死的 |
[40:55] | She drove off the road. | 她冲出路面 |
[41:03] | I know you must think that I’m a monster, Henry. | 我知道你肯定认为我是个魔鬼 亨利 |
[41:07] | But I tried to save her. | 但我试图过救她 |
[41:13] | Oh, you can’t do this. | 你不能这样 |
[41:14] | You can’t die! | 你不能死 |
[41:17] | I have to know who he is. | 我必须知道他是谁 |
[41:26] | For 2,000 years, I thought I was alone. | 2000年以来 我以为我是一个人 |
[41:31] | You are alone. | 你就是一个人 |
[41:35] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[41:36] | What have you … what have you’ve done?! | 你做了些什么 |
[41:38] | No! No!! | 不 不 |
[41:40] | Oh, what have you done?! | 你做了些什么 |
[41:41] | No!! | 不 |
[41:43] | 30 years she set me back. | 她让我迟到了三十年 |
[41:45] | But eventually, I found you | 但终于 我靠自己 |
[41:48] | on my own. | 找到你了 |
[41:55] | She died trying to protect me. | 她以死来保护我 |
[41:59] | What can I say, Henry? | 我能说什么呢 亨利 |
[42:02] | A good woman is hard to find. | 好女人难找 |