时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Oh! Good morning, Dr Crane. | 早上好啊 Crane医生 |
[00:15] | Not a morning person, are we? Well, never you mind – I am. | 不是喜欢早起的人啊 没关系 我是 |
[00:20] | Can’t help if you aren’t a good health care provider | 不能跟公鸡一起起床的话 |
[00:22] | if you’re not up with the cock. | 也当不了一个好的健康小助手 |
[00:25] | I’ve already taken your father for his morning constitutional. | 我已经带你爸晨练过了 |
[00:29] | Such a remarkable man. 30 years on the police force. | 你爸真了不起 当了30年的警察 |
[00:33] | I can understand why you’d want him to live here. | 我现在知道为什么你要让他住这儿了 |
[00:36] | Although not many sons would do that, not without getting paid for it. | 不是每个儿子都会这么做啊 又没钱拿 |
[00:41] | Anyway, coffee’s made and I took the liberty of doing a shop. | 咖啡已经煮好了 我冒昧地去了趟商店 |
[00:45] | They don’t serve much tripe in Seattle, do they? | 西雅图卖内脏的地方挺少的啊 |
[00:50] | And you are..? | 你是 |
[00:54] | Daphne. Daphne Moon. I moved in yesterday. | Daphne Daphne Moon 我昨天搬进来的 |
[00:58] | You hired me to take care of your father. | 你请我来照顾你爸爸 |
[01:00] | Of course, of course. You have to forgive me. | 对对对 不好意思 |
[01:01] | I’m not quite myself until I’ve shaved and showered. | 我还没洗漱 现在脑子乱乱的 |
[01:04] | Oh yes, I completely understand about | 没关系 我理解 |
[01:06] | one’s morning ablutions. | 早上的清洁工作是非常重要的 |
[01:08] | I, for instance, just can’t stand meself | 我自己就受不了 |
[01:11] | before I floss all that gunk out of me teeth. | 自己牙里的脏东西 必须剔出来才行 |
[01:13] | Miss Moon… | Moon小姐 |
[01:16] | For future reference, if you can just keep your ablutions | 以后这种事情你自己知道就好了 |
[01:19] | on a need-to-know basis. Thank you. | 不用说出来 |
[01:22] | Now my coffee. | 我要喝咖啡了 |
[01:24] | The half-and-half’s curdled and the garbage disposal’s jammed. | 咖啡伴侣都结块了 垃圾处理机也满了 |
[01:28] | Oh! Good morning to you too, Dad. | 也祝你早上好 老爸 |
[01:30] | Morning was two hours ago. | 不早了 |
[01:33] | And close that barn door. We got a lady in the house now. | 把前门关上 房里可是有位女士的 |
[01:38] | It isn’t my coffee. | 这不是我的咖啡 |
[01:39] | Where’s my finely ground Kenya blend from Starbucks? | 我从星巴克买的肯尼亚细磨咖啡粉呢 |
[01:42] | That’s it. Daphne put an eggshell and some allspice in it. | 就是那个 Daphne放了个蛋壳和多香果进去 |
[01:48] | And didn’t that just dress it up. | 弄得花里胡哨啊 |
[01:51] | I like it. Gives it a zing. | 我喜欢 让咖啡充满了活力 |
[01:54] | Now, come and sit down. Your breakfast is ready. | 坐着 你的早餐好了 |
[01:57] | Oh no! Dad, all I ever have is a bran muffin and a touch of yoghurt. | 爸 我早上只吃麦麸松饼 再喝一点酸奶 |
[02:01] | Girly food. | 女孩子吃的 |
[02:03] | Besides I’ve already fixed your breakfast. | 我都给你准备好早餐了 |
[02:05] | Now I made your eggs in a nest. | 还给你做了鸟巢蛋 |
[02:07] | Oh yes, the Crane family specialty. | Crane家族特供 |
[02:09] | Fried eggs swimming in fat, | 炸鸡蛋在油脂中游泳 |
[02:11] | served in a delightfully hollowed-out piece of white bread. | 放在一个挖空了的白面包里 |
[02:14] | I can almost hear my left ventricle slamming shut as I speak. | 我说话的这会儿都感觉到左心室砰的一响 |
[02:19] | You want cheese on that? | 你还想加点芝士吗 |
[02:21] | No. I’d like to leave some | 不用了 |
[02:23] | blood flow for the clot to go swiftly to my brain. | 我不想得脑血栓 |
[02:31] | Can’t have my coffee. Can’t have my breakfast. | 咖啡也喝不了 早餐也吃不了 |
[02:35] | Oh, dear God, it wasn’t a dream. | 亲爱的上帝啊 这可不是梦 |
[02:40] | I’ll get him for this. And his little dog too. | 我得想个法子应对他 还有他的狗 |
[02:50] | Where’s my paper? Who stole my paper? | 我的报纸呢 谁偷了我的报纸 |
[02:52] | Mrs Everly, you old bat, I know it’s you! | Everly夫人 你个疯婆子 我知道是你干的 |
[02:55] | Yoo-hoo! It’s right here. | 哟嗬 在这儿呢 |
[02:58] | We brought it in for you. | 我们给你拿进来了 |
[03:00] | Sorry! Sorry! | 不好意思弄错了 |
[03:04] | Oh wait a minute. This…Where’s the rubber band? This paper has been read! | 慢着 橡皮筋呢 有人读过这份报纸 |
[03:09] | Don’t worry, we won’t tell you what’s in it. | 没事儿 我们不会告诉你有什么新闻 |
[03:14] | That is not the point. | 这不是问题所在 |
[03:15] | Dad, come and sit down, please, will you? | 爸 过来一下 |
[03:20] | You’re going to give a speech, aren’t you? | 你要发表演讲了吧 |
[03:22] | Oh, that’s right, I forgot. You’re psychic. | 我都忘了你有特异功能 |
[03:26] | Yes. But I think anyone could feel this one coming on. | 是啊 但是这个谁都能感觉到吧 |
[03:30] | Let us get something clear. I’m not a morning person. | 我们得说清楚 我不是喜欢早起的人 |
[03:36] | I have to ease into my day slowly. | 我每天都要慢慢进入状态 |
[03:39] | First I have my coffee, sans eggshells | 我要先喝我的咖啡 里面没有什么鸡蛋壳啊 |
[03:42] | or anything else one tends to pick out of the garbage. | 之类的感觉像是从垃圾袋里掏出来的东西 |
[03:47] | Then I have a low-fat, high-fibre breakfast. | 然后我要吃低脂 高纤维的早餐 |
[03:50] | Finally I sit down and read a crisp, new newspaper. | 最后我要坐下来看报纸 没被人读过的报纸 |
[03:54] | If I am robbed of the richness of my morning routine, | 如果我早上不能这么过 |
[03:58] | I cannot function. | 我一天都会没状态 |
[04:00] | My radio show suffers and, | 我的广播节目也会随之遭殃 |
[04:01] | like ripples in a pond, | 就像水里的波纹一样 |
[04:03] | so do the many listeners that | 我的听众们也不会好受 |
[04:05] | rely on my advice to help them through their troubled lives. | 他们还等着我的建议帮助他们好好生活呢 |
[04:08] | I’m sorry it may sound priggish, | 你们可能会觉得我自命不凡 |
[04:10] | but I have grown comfortable with this part of myself. | 但我已经习惯并接受了这样的我 |
[04:13] | It is the magic that is me. | 我 就是我的奇迹 |
[04:19] | Get used to it. | 你早晚会习惯的 |
[04:23] | I know this is a stressful time. | 我知道现在气氛有点紧张 |
[04:25] | This is new for all of us, | 我们都是头一次经历这些 |
[04:27] | but I’m sure that soon we’ll all be getting along swimmingly. | 但我相信我们很快就能好好相处了 |
[04:30] | – Ohh, six more weeks of winter, I see. – Oh, dear God! | – 冬天还有六个星期才结束呢 – 天啊 |
[04:30] | 据传说 土拨鼠如果能看见自己的影子 那么北美的冬天还有六个星期才结束 这里说他弟弟露出来了= = | |
[04:55] | Down, Eddie, down. | Eddie 下去 |
[04:59] | I said down. | 我说了 下去 |
[05:02] | Good boy, Eddie. Just get down. Good, good, Eddie. Get down. | Eddie乖 快下去 乖狗狗 下去 |
[05:06] | Get down! | 下去 |
[05:09] | Dad, I can’t read my paper. Eddie’s staring at me. | 爸 Eddie一直盯着我 我都不能好好看报纸 |
[05:14] | Well, you do make quite a picture in the morning. | 大早上的就不让人消停 |
[05:18] | – Just ignore him. – I’m trying to. | – 别理他 – 我也想不理他啊 |
[05:20] | I’m talking to the dog. | 我在跟狗说话 |
[05:47] | Don’t even think about it! | 想都别想 |
[05:53] | You’re listening to Dr Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 欢迎收听 |
[05:56] | Our topic today is intrusion, | 今天我们来聊聊入侵 |
[06:01] | those who encroach on our sense of personal space. | 聊聊那些你们觉得侵占了你们私人空间的事儿 |
[06:05] | The neighbour who plays his stereo too loud. | 邻居的音响声音总是太吵 |
[06:08] | The person who sits next to you at the movies | 电影院明明还有50个空位 |
[06:10] | when there are 50 vacant seats. | 但是那个人偏偏要挨着你坐 |
[06:12] | Now let’s return to our calls. | 现在我们来回复听众来电 |
[06:15] | And let me remind you once | 再次提醒大家 |
[06:17] | more that our topic today is intrusion | 我们今天的话题是入侵 |
[06:21] | since so many of you seem to be forgetting that! | 因为很多人总是没有这个概念 |
[06:24] | Dr Crane, we have Leonard from Everett on line two. | Crane医生 埃弗里特市的Leonard在2号线 |
[06:29] | Hello, Leonard. I’m listening. | Leonard你好 您请讲 |
[06:31] | ‘Hi, Dr Crane. I’m a little nervous, but here goes. | Crane医生 你好 我有点儿紧张 |
[06:36] | ‘Several years ago I became afraid of large, open spaces. | 几年前我开始恐惧大的开放空间 |
[06:40] | ‘Like if I went to the mall I’d | 如果我去商场 |
[06:42] | break out in a cold sweat. | 我会吓出一身冷汗 |
[06:43] | I get so scared that I have to run home.’ | 我很害怕 然后就会跑回家 |
[06:45] | Yes, Leonard, and your comments on intrusion? | Leonard 那么你对入侵有什么看法 |
[06:49] | ‘Nothing. Just now I’m afraid to go outside at all. | 没什么看法 我现在都不敢出家门了 |
[06:53] | ‘l haven’t seen another person in eight months.’ | 我八个月都没有见个大活人了 |
[06:56] | Well, that it sounds like you may | 照你这种情况 |
[06:58] | have a very serious condition known as agoraphobia. | 你应该患有很严重的广场恐惧症 |
[07:01] | But you’re not alone. | 但是不要害怕 我们与你同在 |
[07:03] | ‘But I am alone, Dr Crane.’ | 但是我身边没有人 Crane医生 |
[07:10] | Listen, Leonard, I’m afraid your problem is too | Leonard 节目剩下的时间不多了 |
[07:11] | difficult to deal with in the time we have remaining. | 不够我们来解决你的困扰 |
[07:14] | So if you just stay on the line. | 请别挂机 |
[07:15] | Someone will give you the name of a qualified therapist. | 我们会给你介绍一个合格的治疗师来帮助你 |
[07:18] | Well, that’s all the time we have for today. | 今天的节目就到这里 |
[07:21] | You’ve been listening to Dr Frasier Crane, KACL-780. | 您正在收听KACL-780 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[07:26] | Stay tuned for the news. | 请继续收听接下来的新闻 |
[07:27] | Then next stop, Bob “Bulldog” Brisco and the Gonzo Sports Show. | 之后斗牛犬Bob Brisco将为您带来疯狂体育 |
[07:33] | I never miss it. | 我从不会错过哦 |
[07:35] | Yeah, right. | 才怪 |
[07:40] | You want your messages? | 要听留言吗 |
[07:41] | Oh listen, Roz, just hang on to them. | Roz 等会儿吧 |
[07:43] | I think I’ll stay here in here for a while. | 我先在这待会儿 |
[07:45] | Today more than most, I feel an overwhelming need for solitude. | 我今天特别需要独处的时间 |
[07:49] | I’ve got a fascinating book here, | 我带了本特别棒的书 |
[07:50] | a comfortable chair and a soundproof booth. | 这儿有舒服的椅子和隔音的卡座 |
[07:58] | – Hiya, Doc. How they hanging? – Bulldog, what are you doing here? | – 医生你好啊 – 斗牛犬 你在这儿干嘛 |
[08:02] | We lost transmitting link in Studio C. | C演播室的发送电路有问题 |
[08:04] | I gotta do my show from here. | 我得在这做节目 |
[08:10] | Hey! Where the hell’s my Cosell tape? | Cosell那期的带子呢 |
[08:12] | Someone stole my Cosell tape! This stinks! This is total BS! | 谁他妈偷了我的带子 太欠揍了 |
[08:17] | Oh, here it is. | 噢在这儿呢 |
[08:20] | Let me just get out of your way. | 我就不碍你事儿了 |
[08:23] | Oh by the way Doc, I heard what you said, | 噢对了 我听到 |
[08:25] | that kid who fantasises about killing his parents. | 你对那个臆想杀他父母的男孩儿说的话 |
[08:29] | You know what I’d have told him? | 我会这么对他说 |
[08:31] | Sports. You go out there, break some heads. | 运动 出门运动 受点伤 |
[08:35] | That’ll turn him around. | 就成了 |
[08:37] | If only Jeffrey Dahmer had picked up a squash racket. | 你以为Jeffrey Dahmer手里拿的是网球拍啊 |
[08:41] | Where the hell’s my Lasorda tape? This is total..! | Lasorda那期的带子跑那去了 这他妈真是 |
[08:44] | Got it. | 在这儿呢 |
[08:47] | Hold on a second, I have to ask you something. | 等下 我有事问你 |
[08:50] | Gary? I broke up with him three weeks ago. | 我三个星期前就跟Gary分手了 |
[08:54] | The sex was OK, but he was kind of limited. | 爱爱还好啦 但他没啥新招 |
[08:58] | – Maybe… – No. It wasn’t that Gary was bad in bed. | – 我还是先 – 不 不是说他床上功夫很差 |
[09:00] | I mean he knew where all the parts were. | 他知道哪里有G点 |
[09:02] | Unfortunately most of them were his. | 只是大部分是他的 |
[09:05] | Yes, totally passionless. | 就是 毫无激情 |
[09:08] | It was like he was thinking of someone else. I know I was. | 感觉他心里在想着别人 反正我是 |
[09:14] | Somebody’s here. I gotta go. | 有人来了 我先挂了 |
[09:16] | All right. I’ll talk to you later. Bye, Mom. | 下次再聊 老妈拜拜 |
[09:21] | – That was your mother? – Yeah. Why? | – 你在和你妈打电话 – 是啊 怎么了 |
[09:24] | You talk to your mother like that? | 你都和你妈聊那些呢 |
[09:25] | Well, we’re both adults. We talk about everything. | 都是成年人了 我们什么都聊 |
[09:28] | – Isn’t that healthy! – Well, you don’t talk to your dad like that? | – 不错嘛 – 你和你爸都不聊这些吗 |
[09:32] | – Hardly. We hardly speak at all. – Really? | – 不怎么聊 我们都不怎么说话 – 真的吗 |
[09:36] | Well, you know, we’re not really very similar people. | 我们太不一样了 |
[09:39] | In fact, my brother and I are a lot more like my mother. | 我跟我哥都更像我妈 |
[09:43] | You know, if it wasn’t biologically impossible, | 如果不是从生物学的角度这是不可能的 |
[09:45] | I’d swear Dad was dropped in a basket on our doorstep. | 我发誓我爸是被装在篮子里丢到我家门口来的 |
[09:51] | Hey, sweetcakes, you see my engineer? | 小甜心 你看到我的工程师了吗 |
[09:53] | I think someone’s talking to you, Frasier. | Frasier 有人叫你呢 |
[09:55] | – Come on! Come on! Come on! – Yes, he called. And he’ll be right here. | – 快点 – 他打过电话说马上来 |
[10:00] | So do you want to go across | 想不想去马路对面 |
[10:01] | the street and have one of those expensive coffee drinks? | 尝尝死贵死贵的咖啡 |
[10:04] | Maybe some other time. | 下次吧 |
[10:06] | Right now I’d like to continue my quest for solitude. | 现在我还是想找点时间独处 |
[10:09] | Go someplace where my father, | 找个我爸 |
[10:11] | Mary Poppins and the hound from hell can’t find me. | Mary Poppins还有地狱之狗都找不到的地方 |
[10:15] | Maybe I’ll just go sit under the | 我可能就找个安静的公园 |
[10:17] | shade of a tree and read in a quiet park. | 坐在树荫下看书吧 |
[10:26] | Hey I’m home. | 我回来啦 |
[10:32] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[10:34] | Dad? | 爸 |
[10:37] | Daphne Daphne? | |
[10:39] | Eddie Eddie? | |
[10:44] | Could it be? | 难道都不在 |
[11:12] | *Toreador, don’t spit on the floor* | *斗牛士 别在地上吐痰* |
[11:16] | *Use the cuspidor* | *这儿有痰盂* |
[11:18] | *What do you think it’s for?* | *请吐在痰盂里* |
[11:32] | So the elephant says, “He’s with me.” | 大象说 他是和我一起的 |
[11:38] | Ah, Dr Crane, you’re home. | Crane医生 你回来啦 |
[11:41] | We just got back from your father’s physical therapy. | 你父亲才接受完物理治疗 |
[11:43] | Oh, glory be. Oh, happy day. | 真好啊 多么美妙的一天啊 |
[11:46] | Not that I’m not delighted to see the two of you, | 我并不是不想见到你们两个 |
[11:48] | just I’m in the middle of a very exciting chapter. | 只不过我现在看的这一章特别引人入胜 |
[11:51] | I understand. So why don’t I pop into the kitchen | 我懂的 我现在就去厨房 |
[11:54] | and brew you a nice pot of tea? | 给你沏壶好茶 |
[11:56] | No, I’ve just poured myself a glass of wine. Thank you. | 不用了 我给自己倒了杯酒 谢谢你 |
[11:59] | I see. | 我晓得了 |
[12:08] | What are you reading? | 你在看什么书 |
[12:10] | Oh Dad, you wouldn’t find it very interesting. | 你不会喜欢的 |
[12:12] | Aren’t I? Any good? | 我不会吗 好看吗 |
[12:14] | I haven’t formed an opinion yet. | 我还没有想法呢 |
[12:16] | Oddly enough, I’m having a little trouble getting into it. | 真奇怪 我怎么有点看不进去呢 |
[12:28] | Thick. | 因为厚啊 |
[12:31] | Dad… Listen. I don’t want to offend. | 爸 我不想冒犯你 |
[12:34] | But if you wouldn’t mind, | 但是你能不能 |
[12:36] | could you just leave me alone and let me read my book? | 让我一个人好好看会书 |
[12:39] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[12:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[12:51] | I’m leaving you alone. | 我在让你一个人好好看书啊 |
[12:52] | Well it’s very annoying! | 这也太烦人了 |
[12:53] | What’s your problem? You’ve been sucking a lemon all week. | 你有什么毛病啊 你都矫情了一整个星期了 |
[12:57] | Alright alright, I’ll tell you what my problem is. | 我告诉你我有什么毛病 |
[12:59] | I can’t get a moment of peace alone in my own house! | 我在自己家都不能一个人清静一会儿 |
[13:01] | Well, forgive me. | 真是抱歉 |
[13:03] | When you invited me to move in I didn’t realise | 你一开始邀请我搬过来的时候 |
[13:05] | I had to stay chained to the radiator in my room. | 我没想到我得被拴在自己房间的暖气片上 |
[13:08] | – Perhaps only evenings. – I heard that! | – 只在晚上栓就行了 – 我听到了 |
[13:10] | Oh of course you heard it. You’re never out of earshot! | 你当然听到了 就没有你听不到的 |
[13:13] | You know, you’ve always been like this. | 你总是这个死样子 |
[13:14] | You were always a fussy little kid and it’s gotten worse ever since. | 你从小就大惊小怪 现在越来越矫情了 |
[13:18] | You and your precious morning routine. | 早上要怎么怎么着 |
[13:20] | You gotta have your coffee, you gotta have your quiet. | 要喝你那种咖啡 要一个人安安静静 |
[13:22] | You gotta have this. You gotta have that. | 必须得这样那样 |
[13:24] | Aren’t you a little hothouse orchid? | 你就是温室里的小兰花 |
[13:26] | Hey! I don’t have to sit here and listen to that! | 我坐这儿可不是就为了听你数落我的 |
[13:30] | If you want everything so perfect, | 既然你想事事完美 |
[13:31] | why don’t you go and live in a bubble? | 怎么不找个泡泡住进去得了 |
[13:33] | Right now it sounds very inviting. | 我会好好考虑你这建议的 |
[13:41] | Finally a little peace and quiet around here. | 终于能一个人安安静静待着了 |
[13:52] | Hello there, Frasier. | Frasier 你好啊 |
[13:54] | Oh, what fresh hell is this? | 我怎么这么倒霉 |
[14:01] | That’s a nice way to greet your brother. Cafelatte, per piacere. | 你就这么和你弟弟打招呼啊 一杯拿铁咖啡 |
[14:06] | I’m sorry, Niles, I just…I’ve been trying to read this book. | Niles 对不起 我就是想好好读读这本书 |
[14:10] | It seems no matter where I light, I get interrupted. | 不管我在哪 我总是会被打扰 |
[14:12] | “The Holotropic Mind” By Stanislav Grof. | 斯坦尼斯拉夫格罗夫写的<意识革命> |
[14:15] | I love his conclusion that change in breathing patterns | 我很欣赏他的结论 呼吸方式的改变 |
[14:17] | can induce alternate states of consciousness. | 会引起意识状态的转变 |
[14:19] | Great! Now you’ve ruined the ending. | 行啊 你还把结尾告诉我了 |
[14:23] | I’m sorry. That was inconsiderate. Mille grazie. | 对不起 是我考虑不周 谢谢 |
[14:32] | So, how’s Father? | 父亲还好吗 |
[14:34] | Father? You mean the man who’s driving me crazy. | 父亲 你是说那个把我逼疯了的人么 |
[14:36] | The man who makes me dread the side of my very doorstep. | 那个让我害怕自家门阶的人么 |
[14:39] | The man who just drove me out of my own home! | 那个把我赶出自己家的人么 |
[14:40] | And how’s work? | 工作还顺心吗 |
[14:45] | Niles, I don’t know what I’m going to do. | Niles 我不知道我该怎么办了 |
[14:48] | Dad and I had another fight. | 我又和咱爸吵了一架 |
[14:50] | I’m afraid if we stay under the same roof together | 我担心如果我们待在一个房里 |
[14:53] | we’ll do irreparable harm to the relationship we have as that is. | 我们的关系会更加恶劣 |
[14:57] | Well, what are the alternatives? | 你还有哪些选择 |
[15:01] | Well, if I didn’t feel so guilty I’d | 如果我没这么内疚 |
[15:03] | do what I should have done in the first place | 我一开始就应该 |
[15:06] | just move Dad and Daphne into their own apartment. | 让爸和Daphne搬到他们自己的公寓去 |
[15:08] | For goodness sake, Frasier. It hasn’t been that long. | Frasier 这才过了多久 |
[15:10] | You have to give it a chance. | 你好歹给你俩一个机会啊 |
[15:12] | And you might remember why you moved him in in the first place. | 你要记得一开始为什么让他搬进来 |
[15:15] | Refresh me. | 为什么 |
[15:16] | You wanted to get closer to Dad. | 你想跟爸搞好关系 |
[15:18] | I still do, | 我是想和他搞好关系 |
[15:20] | there isn’t anything I’d like more. But he makes it impossible. | 但有他在这都不可能实现 |
[15:22] | I can’t read my book. I can’t have my coffee. | 我读不了书 喝不了咖啡 |
[15:24] | I can’t have any peace in my own home. | 在自家都找不到一丝安宁 |
[15:26] | So what you’re saying is you want to be closer to Dad, | 所以你想和他好好相处 |
[15:28] | but you don’t actually want him around. | 但你又不想和他待在一起 |
[15:35] | Ask yourself, Frasier, have you tried to | Frasier 问问你自己 你有没有 |
[15:37] | sit down and talk to him? I mean really talk to him? | 坐下来和他谈谈 好好谈谈 |
[15:41] | Well, I… | 我 呃 |
[15:45] | Maybe I haven’t done my best. | 也许我还没尽力 |
[15:50] | I guess I owe that to the old man, don’t I? | 我还是欠那个老头啊 |
[15:55] | Well… Thanks for the chat, Niles. You’re a good brother | 谢谢你和我聊天 Niles 你是一个好弟弟 |
[16:00] | and a credit to the psychiatric profession. | 也是一名优秀的精神病医生 |
[16:02] | You’re a good brother too. | 你也是个好哥哥 |
[16:11] | Daphne, what are my things doing here? | Daphne 我的东西怎么在这放着 |
[16:15] | My leather wing chair, my Tisami lamp. | 我的皮革扶手椅 我的台灯 |
[16:17] | We’re putting them in the storage room in the basement. | 我们要把这些放到储藏室里 |
[16:20] | There was no room for the mini study | 等我的东西搬进来 |
[16:21] | once we got my furniture in. | 就没有地方放置你这个小书房了 |
[16:23] | – We discussed it last night, remember? – Of course, of course. | – 我们昨晚讨论过了 还记得吗 – 当然了 |
[16:27] | I was just on my way to ask that | 我正准备去找 |
[16:28] | peculiar little man from building services to give me a hand moving them. | 大楼服务处的那个奇怪的男人帮我搬呢 |
[16:32] | Oh, yes. Kyle. Well, give him my regards. | Kyle 替我向他问好 |
[16:35] | Remind me again. | 再和我说一遍 |
[16:37] | Which one of Kyle’s eyes is really looking at me? | Kyle的哪只眼睛是真正在看我 |
[16:42] | The brown one. | 棕色的那只 |
[16:53] | Daphne left your dinner in the fridge, if you’re hungry. | 冰箱里有剩菜 饿了就去吃 |
[16:57] | Thanks, but I’m not. | 谢谢 我不饿 |
[16:59] | Dad… | 爸 |
[17:02] | I’m sorry about the blow-up earlier. | 对不起我之前发脾气了 |
[17:05] | Forget about it. I already have. | 没事儿 我早忘了 |
[17:08] | I guess it’s no secret that there’s been a lot of tension between us. | 我俩都知道我们关系挺紧张的 |
[17:11] | I think maybe one of the reasons is | 我觉得有可能是因为 |
[17:12] | we never have a chance to sit down and talk. | 我们从没坐下来好好谈过 |
[17:14] | And I…I thought we might have a conversation. | 我觉得我们可以好好谈谈 |
[17:18] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[17:20] | Yes, I think now would be a good time. | 嗯 我觉得现在谈挺好的 |
[17:23] | Later would be better. | 待会儿谈更好 |
[17:25] | It doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out conversation. | 又不会花太长时间 |
[17:27] | I’m talking about three minutes of your life. | 就三分钟 |
[17:30] | Well, but all I have is three minutes, cuz my programme’s coming on. | 我只有三分钟 我的电视节目要开始了 |
[17:33] | If it will make you any happier I’ll | 如果这样会让你开心点 |
[17:35] | get the egg timer and I’ll set it for three minutes. | 我现在去拿计时器 就定三分钟 |
[17:40] | So what do you want to talk about? | 你想谈些什么 |
[17:41] | Well, the idea is for us to have a normal, honest conversation | 就是我俩来场平常 坦诚的对话 |
[17:46] | just like two nomal people without getting on each other’s nerves. | 不要搅得大家心烦就好 |
[17:52] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[17:57] | – Go. – This is stupid. | – 开始 – 蠢爆了 |
[18:00] | One second? That’s our personal best? | 一秒钟 这就是我们的最佳纪录吗 |
[18:07] | Let us see if we can beat it. | 看看能不能打破纪录 |
[18:12] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[18:14] | Go. | 开始 |
[18:18] | – So how about those Seahawks? – No sports. | – 你觉得西雅图海鹰队怎么样 – 不谈论体育 |
[18:21] | – No opera. – Agreed. | – 也不谈论歌剧 – 同意 |
[18:27] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[18:29] | Go. | 开始 |
[18:33] | This is your idea. You say something first. | 这是你的主意 你先说 |
[18:37] | All right. All right. I’ll tell you | 好吧 我跟你说说 |
[18:38] | something about myself that you don’t know. | 你不知道的我 |
[18:43] | Six months ago, when Lilith and I were really on the rocks… | 六个月前 我和Lilith的婚姻破裂时 |
[18:48] | …there was a time of | 有段时间 |
[18:50] | depression I went through that was so terrible | 我真的很抑郁 |
[18:53] | I actually climbed out on a ledge and | 我爬上了悬崖 |
[18:56] | wondered if life was worth living. | 思索世上是否还有什么值得我留恋的 |
[19:01] | Then…I thought of Frederick. | 然后我想到了Frederick |
[19:05] | And you didn’t jump, huh? | 你没跳吧 |
[19:13] | Good, Dad. | 不错啊爸 |
[19:15] | Wow, I never knew that. | 哇 我之前都不知道 |
[19:17] | That’s the point of this whole experiment, | 所以我们才要坐下来好好谈谈 |
[19:19] | to tell one another something that | 相互聊聊 |
[19:22] | we don’t know about each other, | 说点我们都不知道的事情 |
[19:23] | something vulnerable. | 说说我们脆弱的地方 |
[19:25] | Now it’s your turn. | 到你了 |
[19:27] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[19:29] | About two months ago | 两个月前 |
[19:32] | I was in the basement | 我在地下室 |
[19:33] | going through some old pictures of your mother and me. | 翻着我和你妈的老照片 |
[19:35] | All of a sudden, something flew up in my eye. | 突然眼里进了点东西 |
[19:39] | And, when I was trying to get it out, | 我想把它弄出来 |
[19:41] | I realised that I could turn | 我突然意识到 |
[19:43] | my eyelid inside out, the way kids do at camp. | 我可以像那些小孩一样 把眼睑翻出来 |
[19:48] | – That’s it? You call that vulnerable? – It hurts! | – 就这吗 这就是你所谓的脆弱吗 – 很痛啊 |
[19:53] | I’m not talking about that kind of pain. | 我又不是在说那种痛 |
[19:55] | I’m talking about your emotions, your soul. | 我说的是你的情感 你的灵魂 |
[19:58] | Some sort of painful, gut-wrenching experience. | 痛苦的 撕心裂肺的经历 |
[20:01] | – Other than this one? – Oh god! Always a flip answer. | – 除了这个吗 – 你总是这么不上心 |
[20:04] | – This whole thing’s stupid. – Not to me. | – 这整件事儿就蠢爆了 – 我不觉得蠢啊 |
[20:07] | How should I expect anything out of you? | 我怎么能寄希望于你 |
[20:09] | You are the most cold, intractable, unapproachable, | 你是我认识的最冷酷 最倔强 最难接近 |
[20:13] | distant, stubborn, cold man I’ve ever known. | 最冷漠 最固执 最冷酷的人 |
[20:16] | You said “Cold” Twice, Mr Egghead. | 你说了两遍 冷酷 你这个书呆子 |
[20:17] | Egghead! Egghead! | 书呆子 书呆子 |
[20:19] | You said “Egghead” Twice too! | 你又说了两遍 书呆子 |
[20:20] | You are infuriating! | 我要被你气死了 |
[20:22] | Well you’re not the beach either. You know what you are? | 你也不是省油的灯 你知道你是什么吗 |
[20:25] | I’ll tell you later. It’s time for my programme. | 下次再告诉你 我的电视节目开始了 |
[20:33] | Dad, I don’t think you see how serious this is. | 爸 你还没意识到这有多重要吗 |
[20:36] | Oh yeah, give it a rest! | 得了吧你 |
[20:38] | We’re not getting along and it’s not getting any better. | 我们相处的并不好 而且越来越糟了 |
[20:43] | I’m not sure how to say this, but…uh…I… | 我不知道该怎么说 但是 |
[20:49] | I’m afraid I’m gonna have to… | 恐怕我得 |
[20:51] | I know what you’re trying to say. You want what’s best for both of us. | 我知道你想说什么 你希望我俩都好 |
[20:55] | You want to get me out of here. | 你想让我搬出去 |
[20:57] | Then you can have your own space. And I’ll have my own space | 这样我们都有着各自的空间 |
[21:00] | and we can put an end to all this bickering. | 我俩也不会没完没了地吵了 |
[21:03] | Well, yes. I guess it wasn’t so hard to say after all. | 呃 是的 看来说出口也没那么难 |
[21:07] | – Except for one thing. I’m not going. – What? | – 只不过我不会搬走的 – 什么 |
[21:10] | Look, you want us to forge some | 你想建立一个 |
[21:12] | great father-son relationship, to make some connection. | 良好的父子关系 |
[21:15] | Well I gotta think that takes a couple of years, | 那可不是一两天就能解决的啊 |
[21:17] | not couple of days, doesn’t it? You’re the shrink. | 你是精神病医生 你最清楚了 |
[21:22] | – A couple of years? – I’ll go by before you know it. | – 很多年哈 – 到时候我早就归西了 |
[21:27] | Either that, or it’ll seem like eternity. | 不然我这辈子都看不到头 |
[21:35] | I’m willing to give it a shot if you are. | 如果你愿意 我们可以试试 |
[21:41] | – OK. – Great. How about you and me having a beer together? | – 好 – 很好 咱俩一起喝杯啤酒吧 |
[21:45] | Wow! In all these years you’ve never asked me that. | 哇 这么多年了你都没这么说过 |
[21:50] | I’d love to have a beer with you, dad. | 爸 我很愿意和你一起喝杯啤酒 |
[21:53] | Well you better haul ass cuz the store closes in ten minutes. | 那你还不赶紧的 商店十分钟后就关门了 |
[21:55] | Right. | 遵命 |